[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lite/ - Rougelite General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 23

File: 1423610279285.png (54KB, 1907x887px) Image search: [Google]
1423610279285.png
54KB, 1907x887px
totes not a dead general i swear

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
http://pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
http://pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins, Modding update is L I V E
Modding Update Info http://pastebin.com/KY3Y8SRZ
Character Ideas http://pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas http://pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods http://pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV
>>
File: cheevs.png (138KB, 537x268px) Image search: [Google]
cheevs.png
138KB, 537x268px
I decided to just straight grind Frifle/Grey Mauser's remaining challenges with nothing inbetween. I had like eight to go for reference

Don't recommend it, but at least I'm close to finishing these cheevos

Don't laugh at me not having Winchester's game done yet ;_;
>>
File: 20170310104807_1.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170310104807_1.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
AWW YEAH
>>
>>170726912
Lite will prevail
>>
>my best runs have been two deaths on fourth chamber bosses
haha time for sudoku
>>
>need hp to survive until later floors
>only reliable way of getting hp is perfecting bosses
>if you're good enough to perfect bosses you don't really need the hp
That and being stuck using the starting shitty guns is starting to get old. At least I finally saw the planar crap before dying miserably to the high priest once again.
>>
>>170741890
>if you're good enough to perfect bosses you don't really need the hp
this, jesus
just give players the master round by default and the extra item for not getting fucked by the boss
>>
>>170742925
>>170742925

The point is that playing well earlier on lets you play worse later because you have the extra HP. When you start going for bullet hell runs, it's pretty nice.

>just give the players the master round by default
hahahahahahaahaha.
>>
>>170742925
I wouldn't go that far. Just give an hp up in the form of a dud and along with whatever gun. Master rounds could give an hp and maybe an extra stat or something.
>>
Why hasn't there been an Antibirth update?
>>
>>170746749
Because the game is more abandoned than I was during my childhood.
>>
>>170746749
They are fucking around not updating it
>>
>>170726912

O shit, we're back to being a make up enthusiasts general.
>>
>>170746598
Oh, and make it so the hp gained from duds fizzle out if you attempt hell.

>>170746749
Too busy not updating it.
>>
Does anyone know if save scumming still works on EtG? I'm done trying to bring all the materials for the fifth chamber. Bringing 300 shells AND 6 keys at the same time is absurd.
>>
>>170746598
>>170751030

I'm actually okay with this. I think the "real" master rounds shouldn't give free stat ups though. Game would be even easier for people that are good at it than it already is.
>>
>>170752062
Doesn't stuff like Coolness and...whatever else there is have scaling or diminishing returns? Then again I guess actually keeping hp for hell is good enough on its own.
>>
>>170751171
It's really not any worse than the other floors. Just pick someone solid like Marine and break every chest you find and don't buy anything. Do Oubliette if you're not doing it currently. You'll get the supplies you need.

>>170741890
>>170742925
I don't even know where to start with this crowd desu
>>
>>170752062
from the initial proposition, the stat up would be getting the gun/item you'd get normally
that way, everyone gets the extra health, and good players get extra power or utility rather than the somewhat redundant extra health

a shitter with extra heart containers is still a shitter, but they get to see a bit more of the game, and a veteran gets the same rewards as before

>>170753831
not like i'm getting anywhere near bullet hell anyways
master rounds giving you more hp for not getting hit against the most dangerous enemies in the game is still redundant
>>
>>170753831
>just use two keys to go to the oubliette! haha :))
>in a fucking 6 keys hunt, more than the average you find in a regular game, when also unable to spend any money, as 300 shells is the average you find in total per run

You didn't think this through, did you?
>>
>>170751171
Since the possibility of save scumming was only added on the supply drop update, and everyone talked about it ever since, I think the devs would have taken it out if they wanted to. But I have tried it since the last update though.
>>
>>170754597
haven't*
>>
>>170754410
Shitters are supposed to get good in order to see more of the game. Perfecting the boss is just a way to make the harder later shit more forgiving. Think of it like saving up hits. For not getting hit against one of the most critical enemies in the game, you get to keep those mistakes you didn't make for later. It's a lot less redundant than you think, even when you're at the point of perfecting a given boss doesn't mean you don't need the heart from it to beat the next one.

>>170754462
Haha you're so right man, I just didn't think at all. Y'know I've actually never even played this game? I just kinda made shit up off the top of my head, what's an oubliette anyway? have fun not unlocking elevators
>>
>>170754462
you start with 1, and assuming you have absolutely terrible luck, you get one more from the shop. Then, assuming you keep having absolutely terrible luck, you get one of those back from the oubliette shop, putting yourself down one key that you started with in exchange for an entire extra floor of shit.
it is HIGHLY unlikely that at some point during either of those two floors you won't get one or two key drops from room clear rewards or key bullet kin. That's not factoring in any extra keys dropped by bosses or having more than one key spawn in a shop.

That being said, I don't think you should play marine for it, I think you should pick pilot. He lends himself better to accomplishing the task, but his floor 1 is weak as hell.
>>170753831
>I don't even know where to start with this crowd
You don't.
>>170752627
Coolness has diminishing returns in that it can only reduce cool down of active items so much. The other benefit (room clear reward %) isn't so much affected by it. It's possible the other stats might have diminishing returns, but if they do I haven't noticed it.
>master rounds giving you more hp for not getting hit against the most dangerous enemies in the game is still redundant
You're missing the point. It's rewarding you for being good by giving you more leeway in the future when the game gets harder. Learning how to perfect floor 1 isn't hard and gives you more leeway in confronting the next hurdle.
>>
>>170755670
I'm just saying as a complete and total scrub at this is all. Fuck the planar shell by the way.
>>
>all this apologism for the game's difficulty

no wonder this general is dead
>>
>waaaah, I can't git gud, the game should be easier!

no wonder this general is dead.
>>
>>170758926
It's apologism to enjoy difficult games now? Just because it wasn't hand-crafted to make you beat it after trying "just enough" doesn't make it bad.
>>
>WHEEEEE SHITPOSTING IS SO MUCH FUN

No wonder this general is dead.
>>
How do you display stats on the left side of the screen in Isaac? Is it a mod?
>>
>>170760316
It's a feature of AB+. Sadly that means you're getting AB+.
>>
>>170732173
It's funny, Iooked at my achievements yesterday and only had 4 to do. Thought fuckit, I've never seen a Demon Door in hours of playtime, never gonna get that one, I'm not even guaranteed to get in if I find it.

Guess what pops up that very playthrough.

Daisuke is still grilling my asshole though. I reached the Dragun once, with half a heart and barely an ammo to my name.
>>
>>170741890
>>if you're good enough to perfect bosses you don't really need the hp
When you get to Bullet Hell you will rethink this statement.
>>
>>170760587
>It's a feature of AB+.
Ah. Well, people say it's actually a game downgrade. Don't really want to spend money on something that actually hurts the game, despite wanting those extra HUD elements.
>>
>>170761380
just go download missing HUD.
>>
>>170761191
I'll get there eventually I hope.

>>170761380
Antibirth has it as well but that's an entirely different beast.
>>
>>170761067
I actually managed to get a ring of Ethereal Form AND get a Winchester challenge so I managed to steal the last item I needed and completely cheat the last game of his so all I need to do now is drop a chandelier on 25 enemies

LIE, CHEAT, STEAL
>>
>>170761738
Ah for me it's 5 more hunting quests and minecart kills, along with the aforementioned bone rolling.

At least I can spam out the cart and the hunting quest I'm on at the same time because shambling rounds and carts both pop up in the mine.
>>
>>170762104
Yeah no challenge mode is fucking stressful. I needed some busted ass build with Gunter.
>>
File: spc.gif (81KB, 352x270px) Image search: [Google]
spc.gif
81KB, 352x270px
>tfw you get a gun
>>
>>170763249
Yeah, it took some luck for me to win challenge mode as well. Combination of a floor 1 riddle of lead and getting easy conditions on the first couple of bosses.
>>
bampu.
>>
File: tfw you get a gun.png (255KB, 488x452px) Image search: [Google]
tfw you get a gun.png
255KB, 488x452px
>tfw you get a gun
>>
File: MFWFUCKINGRAINBOWS.png (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MFWFUCKINGRAINBOWS.png
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>170767719
>tfw you get ALL the guns
>>
bumperoo. plz no 404.
>>
>>170759774
Blame Antibirth having no update, it would make the thread be 5-10% more active
>>
>blessed runs are fun as hell and one of the only two different game modes
>you get no credit while playing

why is this game against having fun
>>
If a game is pretty much a classic roguelike, except in real-time, is it a roguelite?
>>
>>170771858
>blessed runs
>fun
because getting swapped to a garbage gun mid boss fight and having half your chests be completely worthless is "fun". I bet you like Keeper, you scum.
>>
>>170771858
blessed runs need to get the hegemony price drop that challenge runs get. idrc about getting hegemonies from the runs but more power to ya I guess

>>170771987
everything's a roguelite

>>170772150
hey shut up fun police, people can like bad modes if they want to
they really should do something about the chest thing though, seems like nearly everything I find in blessed runs is just another gunswap
>>
>>170772318
>people can like bad modes if they want to
Except Greed mode. Nobody is allowed to like that. It's against the law.

The game would probably become laughably easy if all you got were passives and actives from the chests on a blessed run. Maybe reduce chests per floor to 1 that's guaranteed to be a passive / active? idk how I'd fix it.
>>
bamp.
>>
>finally get final ingredient for the gun that can kill the past
>2 hp, 2 armor
>no idea if current loadout is good enough for forge
>might've finally gotten kill wall down
If I have to super soak every motherfucker to deliver this shitty lead thing all this heartache will have been worth it. Maybe.
>>
File: 1465497424272.jpg (144KB, 520x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465497424272.jpg
144KB, 520x500px
>>170774872
>purple fucking miniboss out of nowhere again
>drops a map and a green chest I can't open
>boss is miles away while the blacksmith is one room away
I don't want to say it's happening
>>
>>170775371
Niiiiiiice, the fun begins!
Good luck
>>
File: fuck knives.png (190KB, 1842x1048px) Image search: [Google]
fuck knives.png
190KB, 1842x1048px
>>170776084
>every other attack was knives or skulls combined with the uzis
I got the bullet made, that's a victory in itself, right? That balloon gun destroyed the knives but they've got shit for range and I didn't find this out until it was too late.

Please tell me I didn't have any boss killing weapons. And I just found out that getting hit with the balloon gun makes you lose all your ammo which explains SO GODDAMN MUCH.
>>
>>170776585
Your best bet for boss killing was dark marker. Balloon gun is decent as well, but risky as fuck in a boss fight.
>>
>>170776585
That is most definitely a victory. Never have to deal with those fucking parts again. Just don't ever forget to drop by and see her for your bullet before you go to the altar.

Dark Marker is really good but I honestly find it distracting to boss with. As fast as it kills, I still have trouble not getting hit if I'm using it. I probably would have been quickswapping elephant gun and betrayer's shield in your shoes.
>>
>>170776792
I thought the charge for dark marker was going to take way too long for a fight like this and I only got it to do the blank effect once throughout my testing.

>>170776995
Betrayer's shield had next to no ammo and it was either that or recovering some hp. I think what I need to do is finally remap that slow mo weapon swap and put it to use.
>>
>>170777337

You don't have to charge it, the charge is just for the blank effect and the damage actually equals out to the charge if you just spam fire it. Charging it consumes 10 ammo for 80 damage, it does 8 damage per shot.
>>
>>170777337
just to check, you were using your stuffed star and blanks, right? easy to forget to.

In case you don't know, if you use that menu to select two guns (they'll each have a star), you can tap that button instead of holding it to quickswap between the two. I use the quickswap function far more than I do the slow-mo swap, personally.
>>
File: 1487029515513.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487029515513.png
260KB, 620x640px
Has the developer of Nuclear Throne ever stated that the game has a system that just decides when to fuck over the player?

>Trying to loop as Rogue
>Reach the stage with Lil Hunter
>Drops me off in a long, narrow cooridor
>Fuckton of the walker enemies and wolves
>Start shooting
>Lil Hunter drops down immediately
>Lil Hunter's IDPD warp in, two Heavies that aren't afraid to shoot at all
>Start weaving around shots, some of the wolves get killed
>Rogue's normal IDPD warp in immediately: two more Heavies

I want to enjoy the game more but it seems to pull more random, crushing shit like that than any other game of the genre. Heck, the run right before that I reached the stage with the crown portal, Rogue's normal IDPD didn't warp in until the enemies of the stage decided to shoot the fuck up out of the portal to activate it so I got Rogue's and the Portal's IDPD warp at the same time.
>>
>>170777760
That sounds less like it's actively deciding to fuck you and more like the game wasn't properly designed to prevent buttfuckery combinations of RNG like that. Isn't Nuclear Throne, like, really old?
>>
>>170777460
Oh. Shit. For some reason I didn't bother to math it out and thought it was charge or bust.

>>170777573
After all the crap I went through to get to that fight I used every blank and the star each time I could. I've actually been trying to make sure I don't have any blanks when I finish a boss fight because there's no point in getting hit when you could've used them. I've been wondering why some guns were starred but that's probably going to help so goddamn much.

>>170777760
Sounds more like fucked RNG to me. Getting different kinds of IDPD sounds like pure bull.
>>
Has anyone had any success with finding out secret room spawning mechanics in Gungeon?

The tips I know of, unless 1.1 Changed them.

The shop may have a different layout if the secret room is in it.
In Chest Rooms, discoloured walls usually give away the secret room.
Shrine Rooms have a very obvious tell, as they usually have a pit surrounding the platform and a walkway to each door. If a walkway ends in a wall, that's because you can't see the door.
The Abbey seems to have a bonus secret room which always contains Brother Albern. Whether this is just me biased by luck or not, I think it usually has 2.

Anyone know of anything else? Like are there certain modular rooms which only spawn with 2 connectors so if there's only one entrance you can be reasonably assured of a secret room? Are there rooms that they can't spawn in? Can they spawn in the starting room?
>>
I wish EtG had a way to buff boss HP but remove the DPS cap. You could make it Beast Mode for laughs. Having a DPS cap just seems like it goes against everything else in the game.
>>
File: 1480058372941.jpg (95KB, 909x839px) Image search: [Google]
1480058372941.jpg
95KB, 909x839px
>>170778000
>>170778109

Came out December 2015, so not too old.

The RNG just suddenly turning absolutely sadistic at times just seems too... smart. Like that one version of Tetris that can tell which piece you're hoping for and adjust the RNG chance of it dropping to near zero.

>Another attempt tonight
>Using her Rogue Rifle and a Grenade Launcher
>Get ammo chest of the level "MAX EXPLOSIVES"
>Switch to Grenade Launcher
>Blast through a bunch of enemies, several ammo packs drop
>Pick them up
>"+8 EXPLOSIVES" "MAX EXPLOSIVES" "MAX EXPLOSIVES" "MAX EXPLOSIVES"
>Switch back to Rogue Rifle, kill a few more enemies, nearly out of bullets, two more ammo packs drop
>"MAX EXPLOSIVES" "+16 ENERGY"

Then I later got a loading screen hint that Ammo drops are based on your weapon types.
>>
>>170778504
You'll rarely hit it, and in the circumstances you do, the boss is still dying incredibly quickly. I've seen ammoconda die in literally seconds. Like I could count it on my fingers. It's for the best honestly, I don't want shit to become isaac levels of trivial, and I think that would go against the point of the game, i.e. being skilled.
>>
File: shanks.gif (444KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
shanks.gif
444KB, 320x240px
>>170777760
>Lil Hunter spawning Shielders(heavies)
Lil' Hunter can't spawn anything above Grunts (the small ones) in Loop 0.
>Enemies activating the Proto Statue
Only the player and IDPD are able to do this. Unaligned damage sources (from an exploding Sniper, for example) are also able to damage the statues, but it was otherwise a case of you accidentally popping a shot in the wrong place.

Also, I've found that most of what people consider to be the fault of RNG is the fault of high expectations (older players that suck) or bad positioning (mostly new players, but the old sucky players as well). If you can control the stage, RNG is not an issue.
>>
>>170778109
By default, only the gun you have equipped will be starred, and tapping that input will cycle to the next gun. You'll add the second star when you slow-mo to a gun for the first time.

Trying to use your blanks on the boss is definitely a solid call, but having a blank left over to open up a secret room is never a bad thing. Just something to remember.

>>170778172
Pretty sure only the second two things you said are actually indicative. Otherwise,
-the exit elevator room is just as worth checking as the chest rooms.
-explosives won't just reveal secret rooms, they'll open them too.
-check walls surrounding empty spaces in the center of your map
-check further away from the entrance
-check where there's lots of empty space in the map, secret rooms are usually either un-crowded or completely surrounded by rooms
-check dead end rooms
-check rooms you don't see a path connected to where you usually do see a path connected
-learn to perfect floor 1 bosses with your starting gun so you can snag a wall-checking gun early for free
>>
>>170778830
I have no idea how the secret rooms work in Gungeon aside from shooting literally wall with the sawed off.

>>170778653
>I've seen ammoconda die in literally seconds
Good, fuck that guy.
>>
>>170778653
>>170778504
actually, mathing it out with the wiki as a reference, there's no way that should've been possible without yari or makeshift (which I know I didn't have on that run). Something's up here....
>>
>>170778951
>shoot wall with a gun that does not have infinite ammo
>shoot it a few more times just in case
>there's a crack now
>either shoot it with an explosive or use a blank
>secret room
>>
>>170778715

Must have been Sniper fire that hit the statue, got two or three laser lights thrown at me. I guess I miscounted the Heavies but getting both the Lil Hunter and her normal warp of IDPD before I had anywhere to go to was just too much.
>>
>>170778830
OH and remember you can get away with a few shots during the shopkeeper's first warning, you can bulletcheck two walls in a pinch if you're quick with a quick weapon without him even raising the prices
>>
>>170778830
>Pretty sure only the second two things you said are actually indicative.
The discoloured wall is the most lucrative secret room tell in the game. I don't even shoot it I'm so certain it's there.

The shop layout is if the secret room is below the shop, it'll have the concave wall indicating a room below it that's there when a normal room is below it. I forget but there might have been a tell if there was a room to the side of it..
>>
>>170779042
I meant as in how they're usually placed, like how in Isaac they can't be adjacent to certain rooms and things like that.
>>
File: it is finished.png (86KB, 540x198px) Image search: [Google]
it is finished.png
86KB, 540x198px
Did it boys
>>
>>170779116
Lil Hunter can be a hassle, but he's really an easy boss to deal with. His power is in the element to cause chaos, so you need to do everything in your power to prevent it. If you want an easy time -- i shit you not -- take a wrench to the battle. He, and all other IDPD, are virtually defenseless against one.
>>
>>170779380
We pretty much just covered everything here in the thread, lemme know if you have any questions

it's a lot looser than isaac
>>
>>170779442

>most recent: Money Pit
every time.
>>
File: 20160429231844_1.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160429231844_1.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
>>170779341
Here's an example
>>
>>170779612
I probably could have gotten it earlier if I was really going for chandelier kills. I started actively grinding at 80/100

That said it's not like Woodsie Lord or Trickshot would have been any less impressive as the last one to get
>>
>>170779341
I believe you there, I'm colorblind so yeah I'm not gonna fight it

the shop can and does spawn in that shape without a secret room being there, every potential room layout has potential branching paths it may or may not have that time. it's not indicative of it being there, just a spot it *can* be.

>>170779628
christ that's so obvious I can't imagine it's not fixed
>>
File: 20160429221916_1.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160429221916_1.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>170779628
Here's the wooden one. The discolouring is easier to see at the back I feel. I took these nearly a year ago but I'm 99% sure it's still there.

I wonder if non chest rooms are discoloured sometimes and I just haven't seen it. I don't think so, I saw this pretty much straight away.
>>
File: 20160429230123_1.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160429230123_1.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
>>170779936
Here's one at the side. Not quite as obvious because the wall is shorter, but still definitely noticeable.

>>170779691
>I believe you there, I'm colorblind so yeah I'm not gonna fight it
It doesn't really save much effort, 3 ammo at most, it's just odd that they'd be so telegraphed in that location and no other.

As for the shop thing, I'm pretty certain that the concave bottom means a secret room if there's no door there, UNLESS there is another shop/sell creep/muncher in the same room. These might always spawn the concave bottom wall for reasons I don't know, I remember something about the secondary shops throwing it off it's just I can't remember what because of the break between then and now.
>>
File: 20160429230245_1.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160429230245_1.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>170780308
And lastly here's a proof of concept because for all you know I'm just pointing at random walls and assuring you there was totally a secret room behind it.
>>
>>170780308
intriguing
>>
File: 1469816787175.jpg (91KB, 475x483px) Image search: [Google]
1469816787175.jpg
91KB, 475x483px
>look up challenge mode
>those modifiers
>those boss modifiers
>high stress on dragun
You good people are nuts.
>>
>>170782438
Not even the good players like it. It's shit fampai. I completed it once, largely due to getting generous conditions on the first couple of bosses I had to deal with and a floor 1 riddle of lead. Never touching that shit again. It needs a lot of balance tweaks before I'll ever want to play it. There are some combinations of things that should just not be able to happen in challenge mode.
>>
>>170783675
It doesn't look fun in the slightest and I can't believe there are no positive modifiers to start with. Spawning enemies from misses is bullshit with how spastic some of the starter guns are. Speaking, whose starter would you say has the best lasting power?
>>
>>170784910
Definitely Bullet. Blasphemy is amazing for challenge mode and broken in normal runs. The caveat being that if you can't stay at full HP you lose a range option and double damage up close. I'd recommend going for the clear with him, he's who I did it with. His passive is also surprisingly useful for challenge mode.
>I can't believe there are no positive modifiers to start with
Well, to be fair, some of them could be viewed as positive. Most of the time don't blink shows up, the room is piss easy - being able to stun enemies is fucking great and if you have decent map awareness and know how to position the gigantic cone of stunning they give you, it can make rooms trivial. Unfriendly fire actually hurts the enemies so as long as you don't position badly it can be extra damage. I get what you mean though, having something to balance out the bullshit of yet another pit heavy room with fucking zone control and shockwave is really needed. Also, all the bosses need to have their own unique modifiers. The difficulty of every boss before floor 4 is so fucking luck reliant it's ridiculous. Floor 1 being something like dark is night or high stress is LITERALLY just a normal god damn boss fight, but getting shit like gul's revenge or gorgun's gaze can suddenly just make shit 10 times harder. It's retarded.
>>
bump. Plz don't die while I'm asleep, /lite/ again.
>>
It's totally gonna die when I go to bed. whatever, I'll remake since I'm sure none of you assholes will.
good night /lite/
>>
File: 1453789050782.webm (3MB, 539x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453789050782.webm
3MB, 539x640px
>>170732173
>waiting for kill pillars to spawn
>>
>>170788691
It can't be helped, much like the games we play.
>>
>started playing gungeon
So should I always be going in to the secret levels?
>>
File: EtG 2017-03-12 10-32-50-53.png (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EtG 2017-03-12 10-32-50-53.png
429KB, 1920x1080px
>>170789176
>just as i complain i got 2 in a row
You know the strats now.
>>170790173
Only if you're good. Otherwise you might lose more resources than you gain.
>>
>>170790243
That was the worst part of that challenge, took forever to roll those pillar spawns

>>170790173
If you can get to and/or beat Floor 3, it's probably worth going to oubliette to help you get there. If you're still struggling with the first two floors maybe give it some time. Oubliette's boss is one of the easiest in the game tho, much easier than most floor 2 bosses.

Abbey of the True Gun is another question entirely, start going there when you feel ready.
>>
>>170790173
>>170790782
even after beating all the main characters' pasts the Abbey is questionable for risk/reward to me. The boss is 4th chamber+ levels of difficulty and can really kill a run.
Only way to practice is to go and do it though
>>
>>170784910
I beat challenge mode with the Pilot, because of some clutch store discounts+blank stockpiling, and this was before the patch for the 4th chamber fights.
>>
badump
>>
Why are the gungeon characters so cancerous
>Gay Han Solo ripoff
>Some bitch whose only notable design trait is being in a prison jumpsuit, for extra "strong female character" cred
>Giga Nigga spess mehreen who is pretty okay
>Diversity hire with purple hair and a hoodie, but she has a dog and a crossbow too so she totally fits as a ranger you guys
>The best looking starting character is co-op only, and likely still some genderfluid bullshit, but at least is hiding under a cloak
>Other okay designs have to be unlocked first and require you to go through the entire game
>Most of the detailed in-game art of these characters is as if the artist from hotline miami tried to draw bioware characters
>Despite the obvious push for "real world" diversity, the diversity in-game suffers greatlly as half of the characters are generic sci-fi and the other half are fantasy inspired- in a game designed from the ground up around the concept of guns and bullets
>>
>>170796592
Yeah actually, Gungeon characters smell pandering
>>
badump
>>
>>170796592
I give it a pass because the best human character is the straight white male.
>>
File: bolt.png (95KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
bolt.png
95KB, 1280x800px
>>170796592
>no trans PoC character
>>
>>170804287
Also because this game is actually pretty funny, and not at all in your face with any agenda. That's okay.

Speaking of which, what are your favourite gun/item quotes or any pun or funny thing you care to name?

I've always liked the wax wings "Flew too close the the gun".
>>
>>170791608
They had to patch those?
>>
>>170796592
Because you aren't giving the dev any idea for better characters
>>
>>170808663
How many fucking people do you think have given them character ideas? How many of those ideas have been implemented so far?
>>
>>170791354
>The boss is 4th chamber+ levels of difficulty
He has more HP than dragun. His pattern is easy as fuck though.
>>
bamp
>>
Anybody up for NTT?
>>
>>170815408
If I was decent at it and not getting ready for work I probably would.
>>
>5 glass guons at once
wew lad
>>
>>170808629
I mean that the new patch made Challenge Mode easier, with more lenient timing on shockwave and gorgun's gaze, more points for zone control on big rooms, special conditions for the fourth bosses, etc.
>>
>>170819981
Ah alright. I'm still trying to get used to the 4th floor bosses in hopes that CM won't be TOO bad.

>>170819708
Cover yourself completely in them.
>>
>>170822813
>in hopes that CM won't be TOO bad.
It will be.
>>
>>170833351
bump2
>>
File: The bullet.png (1KB, 119x143px) Image search: [Google]
The bullet.png
1KB, 119x143px
>>170796592
>Best character is a minority

ugh

really dodge roll
>>
The Mass Shotgun is a really good gun for a B quality, holy shit. Probably up there for room clearing guns if you can space the shot right
>>
>>170838875
Anon I know you're joking
But they're literally called bullet kin
They aren't living bullets, they're /k/ furries
>>
File: Delirious_Icon.png (224B, 20x19px) Image search: [Google]
Delirious_Icon.png
224B, 20x19px
How did you get Delirious to get 1000000% ? Any suggestions easier than an other ?

I can only thing of something like D6 /Pyromaniac/Sharp Plug/Dr Fetus.
>>
>>170839063
Mass Shotgun is one of those guns that will generally be good for anything you need it for.

>>170796592
>likely still some genderfluid bullshit
>literally a skeleton
your opinions are shit and your post is bait but this killed me
>>
>>170842072
It's an Angel Room item right? I'm guessing Eucharist + spamming the D6 would be the way to go.

Of course getting an item pedestal to spawn would be the main problem, but you could always blow up the angel and reroll the key pieces.
>>
>>170842590
>your opinions are shit and your post is bait
Okay, I'm glad you're happy with your empowering hipster fantasies with a focus on diversity instead of making the game better but not everyone has to feel that way
>>
>>170844281
>the races of the characters in my game impact my enjoyment of the game
I'll just be over here appreciating the things that actually make a game good lmao
>>
>>170844623
>I'll just be over here appreciating the things that actually make a game good lmao
What makes a game good is playing as a character that fits the theme of the game and doesn't look like shit
They're literally the only non-UI element of the game you have to constantly look at during play, and several of them are also some of the worst art assets in the game for reasons not related to the game itself
>>
>>170848234
>bitching this hard about what characters look like
Maybe you should go back to real roguelikes. No affirmative action in ASCII.
>>
>>170850294
I'm sure there's an ASCII game out there somewhere where everything is in standard symbols and latin characters but the player character is is represented with a chinese moon rune or something
What I'm not likely to find is an ascii game where everything is text but the player character is a shitty compressed jpeg of a cave painting
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.