[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS2 General /ps2g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ps2.jpg (107KB, 1046x573px) Image search: [Google]
ps2.jpg
107KB, 1046x573px
discuss what was arguably the greatest system ever.

favorite games?
>>
File: Canadian Pride.jpg (127KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Pride.jpg
127KB, 640x480px
playing through this gem again. currently trying to slut-max Elise.
>>
FFX > all other JRPGS
>>
dang no one huh
>>
>>170319708
>Persona 3 and 4
>avatar tuner 1 and 2
>devil summoner
>fucking Nocturne
It was Atlus' golden age tbqh.
>>
Is OPL still the best way to hard drive load? Is there an up to date/beginner's guide on all PS2 hacking, installation, terminology, etc.?
>>
>>170330136

if someone could answer this that would be awesome. now that I'm an adult and can afford buying a throw away ps2, i was wondering what kind of "mods" could be made to the ps2
>>
>>170330570
Tons, the fat PS2 autoloads payloads from hard drive, so it's not even really hacking at this point. just putting a loader on the hard drive. It'd be shit easy if someone made a guide, but for now I'm just using a .IMG I wrote directly to an IDE drive. It works fine, but it uses an older version of OPL. I'm stuck with that because nobody seems to have ever documented shit about the actual installation process.
>>
>>170330636

A loader on the hard drive that would read the disc images off a flash drive, and the ps2 would then think it's the actual game? is that what you are getting at?
>>
>>170330712
A loader on the hard drive that the PS2 boots into that loads game ISOs that you've flashed to the same hard drive. It's all internal, first party and self maintained. Well, the ISO loading software itself is third party of course, but the hard drive mounting block is first party sony. No mod chips or anything, the PS2 just automatically trusts software on the hard drive at boot.
>>
>>170319708
/ps2g/ is planetside 2
call your thread something else next time pls
>>
>>170319708
Hello nigger. /ps2g/ is planetside 2 general, dedicated to the highest skill cap FPS game ever. Use a different name for your console plebshit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.