[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ - Rimworld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 28

File: rimworld 5.jpg (687KB, 1194x736px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld 5.jpg
687KB, 1194x736px
No tears, only dreams Edition

>What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with better graphics and mods
>New patch notes
https://ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
http://pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK
(/rwg/ mods)
http://pastebin.com/6rzMQNjG
>>
lmaoing @ futautist right now
>>
File: rimworld2.jpg (2MB, 3000x4137px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld2.jpg
2MB, 3000x4137px
fugg
>>
>>170162176
Congrats on your ded thred.
You just killed /rwg/
>>
Thrumbo is for cud and luv.
>>
>>170164657
rather have a dead general rather than a general full of shitposting.
>>
>>170164983
Rimworld only exists to troll dorfort.
>>
>>170165127
It's doing kind of a shit job, then, cause it somehow manages to be even deader than dfg. Which is a fucking achievement.
>>
>>170165242
Because everyone is busy trolling /dfg/
>>
File: gorillacu.jpg (37KB, 473x459px) Image search: [Google]
gorillacu.jpg
37KB, 473x459px
> Get a call
> Damsel in distress needs help
> Don't worry m'lady, these raiders are as good as dead.
> She comes. No hauling, no passion in anything but social and art, but the worst thing is
> Luciferium addict
> Let her stand as a bait and throw grenades at her while the raiders swat them.
> MFW colonists are only pissed for a day because they have seen (and caused) her to die

10/10 would kill Luciferium addict again
>>
before the thread dies

Anyone know what files I should fuck with to revert napalm code to an earlier version? New HCSK broke inferno cannons among other thigns
>>
File: quaritsch.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quaritsch.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
My colony did nothing wrong
>>
>>170166450
>using modpacks
It's like you enjoy suffering.
>>
when will the next update be released?
>>
>>170168631
downloading all that shit individually is 2hard

also it's been """""""relatively""""" stable until that point
>>
Anyone with experience running 2 colonies, or more, at once? I want to set up a small mining outpost and resupply area for raids.
>>
Give me plasteel damn it.
>>
>>170170921
your mining technique is inefficient. google minecraft strip mining :P
>>
>>170168998
Then only get what interests you and skip the rest. It's probably CR though. Not exactly an expert since I never used it, but there are a couple differences between CR itself and the version in the pack.
For starters the pack uses <explosiveRadius> instead of <explosionRadius> for the inferno cannon ammo and presumably other explosive weapons. Then there's the fact that that part of the code is in the ammo def in HCSK but is in the projectile def in vanilla CR.
Try changing every instance of explosive into explosion?
Do other explosive weapons work as intended?
>>
how do I exactly change std frequency in rjw? pls help
>>
>>170171632
>Do other explosive weapons work as intended?

doesn't look like it, the frag grenades seem to work though, but even the dev mode explosions do nothing
>>
>>170172042
You edit the goddamn file.
>>
>>170172610
how
>>
>>170174080
open it with notepad
>>
>>170172583
>even the dev mode explosions do nothing
Unless those actually call for a projectile they should work. So either the author redid how explosions work from scratch except for grenades, or there's something terribly wrong with your game.
>>
>>170175136

frag nades work because they have the shrapnel feature and I guess only vanilla effects were fucked up

replacing explosive with explosion in one def made shit get tons of errors but maybe I made a mistake somewhere, think I'll just wait and hope my forum post gets noticed
>>
>>170174369
now what
>>
>>170177273
delete it all and save.
>>
Is a way to reduce the blight frequency? Or remove that event?, is fucking annoying
>>
How do I not just lose a colony every-time an infestation happens?
>>
>>170181074
what kind of infestation? Alien?
>>
>>170181074
Listen, in order to survive an infestation, your first big mining area should be a wide open space, I usually use it as a big storage space with production buildings up against the wall. The first really big space is definitely going to be the spot your infestation will show up in. Once it does, have everyone line up against the door on the outside. Then have someone open it. All your pawns will fire into the room and cut them down before they get to you(mostly). Don't forget to tell gun pawns in melee range to fire instead of trying to out-slash a damn xeno-scyther. That should save you with minimal casualties.

Also, sometimes they spawn at secondary locations at the same time as the first so be thorough in your search.
>>
>>170170268
Anybody ever done this? I want to know whether I'll hit fps death if I set up a 6 man mining/supply op closer to enemy towns while already having 10 people at my main colony.
>>
>>170181074
Depends where they are. If you can form an airlock and make and quarantine that area, I like to sneak one pawn with a molotov in and start a fire. The temperatures will get ridiculously high.
A good alternative are animals. If you have many, but they are not tamed, just set their zone in the infestation and you should be able to clean it up (just care, animal always get friendly fire, even at close range like 3 tiles.
The last thing, but that won't help you know, is being prepared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUVh8G3ZeHM
Check this out for how they work, and make them spawn where you want them. If you make it smart, you can arrange it that they form your main line of defense, or are easy to kill and therefore are a good shooting training.
On ice sheet, they are a valid form of getting meat if you want to take the risk to farm them. You probably have to heat up a cavern, then they will spawn there.
>>
How do I install the expanded prothetics and organ engineering mod so that it works with my existing save?
>>
frick
>>
>>170184874
just activate the mod, it should work fine unless you have other mods that are incompatible. In that case, try putting in on the last place and maybe it doesn't break things. Do you know how to make a safety copy?
>>
what the heck try and keep the thread alive idiots.
>>
File: futagrill.jpg (217KB, 638x900px) Image search: [Google]
futagrill.jpg
217KB, 638x900px
>>170191587
Ok.

FUTAMOD WHEN

With:
-male & female reproductive organs (womb & balls}, both applicable on the same pawn
-male & female sexual organs (dick & pussy}, both applicable on the same pawn
-necrophilia & nymphomaniac traits, necrophiliacs getting mood boost from harvested organs from zombies / dead pawns
-pawn thoughts from dick sizes in relationship, masochists getting mood boost from it
-craftable reproductive organs, from balls of steel, wooden and iron dildos to bionic vacuum pussies and golden pleasuresticks
-pawns with ascetic and prostophobe trait prefer and enjoy the low-grade solutions while greedy, prostophile and others the high-grade ones
-sculptable nudes, dildos and wooden horses
-new disease called "futa fever" needing regular treatment in every few days - if futa fever is not treated a new minor break called "stalking" will happen - after multiple minor breaks a major break will make the colonist leave to look for futas elsewhere - futa fever may disappear on its own or after being in a relationship with a futa
-futa dick juice with medicinal properties and as a luxury food ingredient (think of incest jelly but hotter) - may cause "futa fever" if taken regularly - may cause minor non-harmful addiction raising consciousness a little when taking in moderation and decreasing it when overdosed (range is from +10% to -10%)
-unarmed melee attack called "futacockslap" which incapacitates the opponent with a very high chance
-growable dickshroom / cockshroom plant which can be refined into aphrodisiac (effects yet to be determined)
-OPTIONAL: dick graphics for pawns when nude

WE ARE LOOKING FOR CODERS AND ARTISTS FOR THE PROJECT
THE CREATIVE STAFF IS FULL BUT IS ALWAYS OPEN TO DISCUSS NEW IDEAS
>>
>>170191857
All these ideas are either shit or have already been done.
>>
>>170191857
no pls ^^
>>
>>170166190
> He can't handle a colony of full luciferium addicts
LOW ENERGY
>>
>>170192996
'no'
>>
>>170170921
Trade convoys man. There's so much STUFF to trade.
>>
>>170181074
Lock it up and turn it into a raid/mechanoid meat grinder.
>>
>>170166190
>not using her as expendable supersoldier
Do you even profit?
>>
>>170181074
Fire.
Cook the motherfuckers.
>>
>>170191857
hey faggot there is a modder in /dfg/ that would probably do this in dorf fort so go over there and suggest all of this shit to him
>>
>>170195661
Dorf mod when?
>>
>>170195661
Dorfort is unfappable. Futas are wasted on that trash.
>>
>>170193547
I have no luci. Besides, my colonists are perfectly happy with Yayo

>>170195068
Can't risk her losing her shit and potentially killing my wolf puppies
>>
>>170196807
>Can't risk her losing her shit and potentially killing my wolf puppies
Was she on withdrawal already? I heard they can go well for about 5 days before they need next dose.
>>
>>170195208
Last time I did this a colonist had a mental break: Food binge. He ran into a 300°C hot room to get some of that insect jelly. I always thought your basic survival instincts stay intact when you lose your shit
>>
>>170197719
>lose your shit
>survival instincts stay intact
It would too easy to keep them in check.
>>
>>170197585

>Build prison deep in mountain, in a long singular corrdor with 40 doors to outside.
>Dump her there, along with any other prisoners
>Have them fistfight the infestation when it spawns
>>
Can anyone recommend a non-bullshit scenario? One that already has blight removed and other things like that? I'd rather not click through these one at a time..we should really get a checklist instead of this garbage
>>
>>170198623
Install the pests mod, it replaces the blight event to bugs that munch on your crops if you're not fast enough.
>>
>>170199493
i hope this gets implemented into the main game
>>
File: kei.png (93KB, 309x297px) Image search: [Google]
kei.png
93KB, 309x297px
>tfw no mod to allow pack animals to remain packed whenever you colonize a map tile, instead of vomiting everything onto the ground in the rain when you haven't even built a shelter
>tfw no mod to make predators capable of stunning humans, so they're actually good at combat and not useless high-risk-no-reward pets
>tfw no mod to make invading bases not a complete fucking waste of time and resources
>tfw no mod to enable incestuous lovers to have sex
>tfw no mod to enable sex with prisoners
>>
>>170199629
> good point
> Would be op. Animals can be very strong right now if used correctly.
> i give that one to you
> Isn't this already in the main game?
> Try Rimjobworld, you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>170199629
>>170199804
Fuck off useless idea guys.
>>
>>170199804
>Farm Animals can be very strong right now if used correctly.
Fixed that for you. There is no reason to risk taming/put up with feeding bears/wolves/cougars when you can just tame some grass-eating pigs and chickens and have an exponentially-growing attack army (with hauling in the case of pigs) to zerg every threat in the game down with.

>Isn't this already in the main game?
Mechanically it's implemented but the "sex clock" that determines how often lovers have sex is automatically set to like once in 3 years if they're relatives.
>>
>>170199629
>incestuous lovers
Just reduce the attraction malus. It's an easy XML edit.

>sex with prisoners
What is RJW?
>>
>>170199875
How modder-friendly is Rimworld anyway? Is it like DF or 4x games where adjusting values is so simple that pretty much anybody could jump into it?

I have free time and the game is honestly unplayable without at least the first 2 features implemented.
>>
>>170199629
>wanting your gay loli lesbian sisters to waste an hour of every night fucking when they're going to be constantly ecstatic from being in a relationship with their sister anyway
>>
>>170200890
Depends on what you're trying to. Creating a custom weapon that sets people on fire and poisons them is something that takes ten minutes with a text editor. Creating a new event or modifying specific mechanics takes a but more effort.
>>
>>170197719
> Berserk pawn punches IED.webm
>>
>>170200276
Farm animals have pros and cons. Anybody can train them (fast), they are expendable and you can let them pasture. Make 2 groups so if you lose one to a surprise raid, you don't have to care. But they are also slow and weak.

So instead of pigs, I recommend wild boars. He has more attack, and 5 ms instead of 3,6. But he is less tanky. Still, speed is more important in melee vs ranged combat, so then they are better.

Chicken are good as a buffer and tank between the frontlines. But as an alternative, I like tortoises, who you can train, but also just put on a tile and they tank a bit more then chicken and are similiarly hard to hit. Chicken are better if you want to blow then enemy triple rocket launcher.

Bulls could go as cheap bears, but when you can better take elephants and bears.

But farm animals still have one important benefit: They don't count towards the animal limit. So if you have hordes of chicken and pigs, wild animals will still spawn for you too hunt. If you have 70 wild boars, no wild animals will spawn anymore.
>>
>>170201224
Alright, as long as there's legible text files to look through. I'm cautiously optimistic since both stunning and automatic offloading are things that are applied conditionally, so hopefully it's a simple matter of changing the conditions rather than the mechanics.

The absolute best case scenario would be to be able to treat entering a zone like raiding, where you can enter and harvest for 24 hours (or possibly more) without actually committing your colony to the space. It would go a long way toward streamlining nomad-style gameplay.
>>
>>170203330
Yeah, when I said pigs I meant boars. Boars are basically attack dogs with much less effort involved.

Wild pets counting toward the animal limit sounds silly though. If anything, it's another reason why taming animals fucking sucks, with the exception being the obviously-overpowered Wild Boars.
>>
>>170204137
Have you ever tried walling of completely, leaving a one wide L shaped sandbag filled (so the back rows can't shoot so often) entrance and put three elefants in front of it? Nobody will get through. Sadly, you can't put pawns with guns behind it, because even from 1 tile distance, animals will catch friendly fire (colonists won't until 3 tiles).

Try that strategy, nobody will get through
>>
>>170205031
You could use anything (and nothing) with a death corridor variant and it would work. The key issue of the raw combat/utility value of high-difficulty tamed pets being poor compared to easier alternatives still remains.
>>
>>170203607
>offloading
That might be one of the complicated things I was referring to. I looked through pretty much every XML and I didn't find anything about it.
>stunning
That one should be easier to track down. Predator bite/attack code applies a stun effect like you said, but it seems it only does so on a surprise attack. Forgot the exact wording and I can't check right now, sorry.
I also have no idea what the fuck counts as a surprise attack. I assume it stuns if the predator attacks while the target isn't in combat mode, but it's just a guess. It's not on a first-strike basis since it should only stun for less than half a second, but you can see prey stunned for at least a couple.

>where you can enter and harvest
Already done, check Set Up Camp.
>>
>>170206254
> I also have no idea what the fuck counts as a surprise attack.
It's when prey has they backs to it.
>>
>>170199629
> Invading bases
Have you seen the glitterworld medicine they keep lying around? Don't even try killing the colony. Just run in and grab it. They don't mind much.
>>
What are some fun challenge/gimmick runs?
>>
>>170206719
Is it? I could swear I've seen prey stunned while facing the predator.
Then again character sprites do fuck up at random.
>>
>>170206254
I didn't know about the surprise attack mechanic, that sounds like a bit of an issue. I was hoping it would involve it's own tag or something since predators have stun specifically to help them not get their asses killed just by hunting small game (which really says a lot about how underpowered predators are right now).

>>170206719
I'm almost certain I've seen tortoises and such getting stunned while they're fighting back against the predator.

Although I have to wonder if stunning is even the correct route to go on this. It might be better to just give carnivores a substantial stat boost instead, since stuns are usually OP as hell.
>>
>>170207060
> Rimegon Trail
The instant you get the free space ship message, caravan up and GO. Don't stop until you get there.
>>
>>170207539
>>170207895
Then I have no idea, we have to look this deeper.
>>
>>170207895
>carnivores a substantial stat boost instead
They murder my colonitst just fine as they are. Nerf damage from the non-carnivores.
>>
>>170205760
That's true, they won't hold up to a cost-gain analysis. But they are fun^^
>>
File: leagueoflaughter.jpg (71KB, 530x388px) Image search: [Google]
leagueoflaughter.jpg
71KB, 530x388px
>>170207895
MFW when a warg suffocates from the wound inflicted by a tortoise

But on a serious note, doesn't the stun just happen when the "job" ob the animal is hunting? I don't think this has anything to do with surprising an enemy.
>>
Carnivores aren't completely useless since they'll hunt in the wild on their own and generally come out with little to no injuries (and the scratches will help your doctor train anyway)

They'll leave behind corpses you can chop up for materials and if you train them to haul they'll even bring those corpses to you on occasion.
>>
>>170211949
>not installing the hunt mod
>>
>>170211697
I brought up the surprise attack because that's literally what the xmls say. Look any carnivore in the ThingDefs_Races folder. Their melee verbs have a section with <surpriseAttack> containing the stun effect and its duration.
When exactly the game calls that particular function, I have no idea.
I did tinker briefly with it and tried giving the stun effect to parts from the Cthulhu mod but I failed. Then again it was against an already hostile target, and tamed animals don't stun hostile raiders.
It might indeed be related to the hunting job since technically it is a literal surprise attack and the stun doesn't seem to proc in open combat, but since prey can break free from being stunlocked to death there must be something else behind it.
Also like I said, you can see prey stunned for a couple of seconds, which shouldn't actually be possible given that the stun effect should only last less than half a second and melee cooldowns are always above one second.
Dunno, nothing about stuns makes sense.
>>
Há, if colonists are sick and they lay down people will feed them.
>>
>have three male colonists with RJW installed
>blueballed as fuck a week in
>capture a traveling trader girl to satisfy them
>they beat her to death in less than two days

Jesus fucking christ
>>
>Start new game
>Spend ONE night sleeping on the floor
> <minor break: food binge>
>Eats my entire stockpile of survival meals

God damn, this game sometimes.
>>
>>170221023
>not building beds as literally the first thing you do

It's not like they're hard to move.
>>
>>170221023
>not arresting binging colonists immediately
What were you thinking?
>>
>>170221668
and risking them dying from a fist fight and deal with the -10 mood for 1 week?
>>
>>170222009
Depending on the biome, that's the right thing to do.
Besides, unless every punch hits them in the torso, they'll just pass out.
Sure it's a gamble, but if the only food on the map is a predator that can rip your other colonists to shreds, it's the right move.
>>
>>170217234
>>
>>170222593
i guess i still have much to learn in this game
>>
v17 when?
>>
Why play Rimworld when Dwarf Fortress exists?
>>
>>170222009
In my experience most nonviolent mental breaks go quietly when arrested anyway.
>>
>>170228127
getting arrested is literally a coinflip if they will comply or get aggressive (50/50)
>>
>>170228072
UI is not completely horrible. Otherwise, yeah, if the UI wasn't that shitty I would love to get into DF
>>
>>170231000
this
>>
>>170195661
I would play the shit out of the /dfg/ FutaMod, you really should go and post in their general bro
they will probably even support your patreon
>>
>>170217671
did you at least take her organs so she can live on in one of your colonists?
>>
>>170227903
did you see the poll on their forums? Ludeon will either release a small refinement build and fix all the bugs and balance the build. But since that would break all the mods, they probably work longer on A17 and make it a major release again.
>>
>heat wave
>90F highs go to 134F

i think this is just a tad bit unrealistic
>>
>11 skill shooter with sniper rifle & careful shooter
>4 man raid inc
>first man comes in
>one shot, one kill
>heart (destroyed)
>nude lady comes in from the other side
>one shot, one kill
>head (shot off)
>other two flee

it's not supposed to be this easy
>>
File: quite the start.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quite the start.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Noob here, I've tooled around so I know the basic functions so I restarted on a mountainous coast and got this setup. Think I've got a pretty good natural bottleneck. Should I still try tunneling into a mountain or what? Any obvious plays a veteran would take?
>>
>>170235912
>allowing nonwhites into your base

i can't help you
>>
>>170235912
I need your seed and map and everything.

Just make the internal structures in the mountain on the right, and external ones in front of it, depends on how big your base will be. You could fill all the little niches with buildings that don't need to be closeby.
>>
>>170170268
Have a colony and a loonybin. The more useless and unstable colonizers get sent to the labourcamp/loonybin, where they work until they break. Doesn't affect your main base too much, and produces good amount of resources when executed properly.

But your idea also makes sense.
>>
ugh such dead thread
>>
>Start with brother and sister duo
>Odd man out survivor becomes lovers with sister and best friends with brother.
>Everything going great, recruiting and building at a reasonable pace. Early raids are always a peace of cake
>Raid alert with a relationship. Its the siblings father.
>Giant Motherfucker with 16 melee and brawler
>Get stupid idea of incapacitating him with sister's lover.
>Lover killed way too goddamn fast.
>Son kills father.
>Sister gets massive negative opinion of her brother for killing her father and negative mood for lover dying.
>She mental breaks that night and stabs brother in his sleep, killing him.
>Have to put her down before she kills the other patients.

I was not ready for this tragedy /rwg/. All the original survivors gone as the result of one raid.
>>
>>170170921
>ruining your map over something that can easily be bought off traders
>>
>>170182732
the fps sucks late game no matter what.
>>
>>170240817
its not as exciting when every other person is related
>>
What's the point of Brawler's +accuracy when melee is completely trivial to get 100% accuracy with anyway?
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1905x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1905x1041px
what a bullshit game. enemies are over powers and people get upset over the littlest thing.

I had to mine out all the shit in the map and it isn't even enough to power the fucking lamps
>>
NTRmod when
>>
>>170240574
For bonus points, quarantine them. Completely wall them off, their only contact to the outside world is through a nutrient dispenser. Give them orbital trade beacons, so they can still sell. Now, every week or so, open the wall and bring in drugs and resources so they can continue producing. And since they are all disposable, making them dependent and getting rid of them later should be no problem.
>>
>>170240817
Randy: Oh, such a nice colony you have here. Would be a shame if I destroyed everything you build up in 5 minutes :]
>>
>>170243498
your base look hilariously disastrous

Don't plant sun lamps, they are only useful for hydroponics. Build normal lamps in the furniture tab :P
>>
File: 20170306101743_1.jpg (201KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170306101743_1.jpg
201KB, 1600x900px
Exile is a true badass. He lived one year entirely on the see ice only on human meat nutrient paste. After some time he enslaved a poor slob because he couldn't do medicine and often has to beat him into submission, as he doesn't really like cannibal paste. But I'm sure he will prevail, build a rocket and make it off this shithole of a planet.
>>
>>170243498
>those empty batteries
>those fueled generaters
>those sun lamps
>those wind turbines right in front of walls
>one is even between hill walls
>those uncleaned messages
>all that darkness

It has to be a bait.
>>
oxygen not included
>>
futamod when
>>
File: futamodwip.gif (2MB, 680x366px) Image search: [Google]
futamodwip.gif
2MB, 680x366px
>>170245705
>futamod
pic related
>>
>>170246797
not as related as I'd like
>>
>>170246797
My mom just got a seizure from that.
Reported and called the cops.
>>
How should we troll /dfg/ today?
>>
>>170245026
> the retarded, gigantic freezer which can't ever reach 0 degrees Celsius
> Rows of wood traps
> 2 random organs lie around the base
> Shittiest bedrooms in human existence
> One bedroom contains a random sarcophargus for the local vampire
> The bedroom in the top left. Not even a door

this is literally the funniest base i've ever seen, and i mean that in a good way

this is too much work for a bait, if it is one, it is totally genuis
>>
>>170247260
does rwg regularly trolls dfg?
>>
>>170247396
Subtly and infiltratory.
>>
so what mods should I get? I've tried a few, but they all seem pretty eh
>>
>>170247260
How do you troll /dfg/ in first place? And why?
>>
>>170247567
>so what mods should I get?
futamod
>>
>>170247567
Hardcore SK is pretty good.
>>
>>170247567
Quality of life mods.
Hardcore (Rah's) version of prosthetics mod.
>>
>>170247396
this will my the only reason to check /dfg/ out then
>>
>start a new game
>want pawns to eat nutrient paste
>build dispenser and hoppers
>they still prefer to eat berries and get food poisoning
what do?
>>
>>170248920
Teach them to not defy their god and imprison them. Then you have full control of what they eat, you can even give them rotten human corpsen if that is your cup of tea
>>
Modfag here

I'm bored and don't know what to try my hand at next. What would you like to see in rimworld? I'm personally mainly focused on expanding on gameplay/things to do but willing to take any suggestion other than obvious sex shitposting
>>
>>170251291
Realistic female body hair.
>>
>>170251291
F U T A M O D
U
T
A
M
O
D
>>
>>170251291
> other than obvious sex shitposting
u gay son? asexual? infertile?
>>
>>170251291
do something with Water
>>
>>170251291
Necrophilia system?
>>
>>170251291
Thrumbo for cuddle
>>
>>170244308
Those diagonal corners are brutal on your heat efficiency. Seal them up and double wall if possible.
>>
>>170251291

Turning dead colonists into some sort of 40k dreadnoughts/robocops would be fun,
>pain none
>can experience breakdowns
>sleeps in a mek bay
>eats nutrient paste only
>shitton of body-parts
>rimjobworld compatable
>drill-dildo can be installed and used to mine rocks or raiders.
>drill-dildo inflicts good thoughts when used
>heavy weapons can be mounted
>powerfist, railgun, vulcan canons, flamethrower or incendiary canister launcher, and of course RocketLaunChair.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1272x758px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1272x758px
> just started
> suddenly plague

should i just restart ...
>>
>>170234607
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-recorded-temperature
They're not on Earth, kid.
>>
>>170251291
What about alien colonists who need to live in extreme temperature environments but are immune to those environments (including fire if hot) and have bonus efficiency
>>
>>170252750
Plague isn't fatal if your blood filtration is high and you have a skilled doctor. Keep in mind that poor sleep and starving will slow down immunity.

Really the best thing to do is take 200 silver and caravan out for some penox. When applied at the first symptom it gives instant 61% immunity. That stuff is gold.
>>
File: file.png (952KB, 920x693px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
952KB, 920x693px
>>170253016
but what if.... both guys having medical skills get it?

After 16days half my colony is dead topkek
>>
>>170253209
Then they get out of bed to treat each other. The 10% bed boost isn't nearly as important as hitting those high treatment %'s and hitting them as soon as they pop up.
>>
>>170251291
Add a water need along side food.
Add rivers in world gen.
>>
>>170253209
first doc treats seconds doc, goes sleeping, second doc treats first doc and goes sleeping. Problem solved if you have meds
>>
File: euthanized.jpg (188KB, 1439x1374px) Image search: [Google]
euthanized.jpg
188KB, 1439x1374px
>>170253279
> Plague: 100%
> Immunity: 95%

fuck
>>
>>170253347
You missed your chance to harvest some sweet sweet organs

High treatment skill will dramatically slow down the disease progress, like down to half or a quarter rate. But in the worst case scenario you can pop some good grief and power through every disease ever again.
>>
File: feminism2.webm (1MB, 408x724px) Image search: [Google]
feminism2.webm
1MB, 408x724px
> cook(f)+doc marry
> doc+niggerslave get plague
> both die
> cook has mental breakdown
> cook starts shit with my tough guy responsible for security and building
> gets completely destroyed in a fistfight

just like real life
>>
File: S1snap1.jpg (16KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
S1snap1.jpg
16KB, 640x272px
>>170243498
Wew lad, are you trying to make the most disgusting base ever ?

Kek at that sarcophagus near the bedroom.
>>
Are gay colonists more trouble than they are worth? Seems like they inevitably just try to hit on the straight ones and get constant stacking mood debuffs when they get turned down. I feel this should have been implemented better.
>>
>>170255443
r8
>>
>An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/

do you have to put the General's acronym on there?
>>
Let's settle this once and for all.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12475256
>>
>>170256414
comfy / 10
Are you on basebuilder ?
>>
>>170258294
Dwarf fortress is more fun than rimworld in its current state. Rimworld has alot of potential but it still isn't as good as dorfs atm. If Tynan were to start putting a little more depth in rimworld and make pawns feel less like mindless bots then I would probably have voted rimworld.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1270x719px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1270x719px
> 1guy survives plague/raiders/people going mental
> finally get some other settlers
> suddenly the fucking wildlife is trying to allahu akbar my base

leave me alone!
>>
>>170258696
No, first time trying pic related. I have to keep my population low, else there will be 100+ manhunter packs
>>
File: S2snap1.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
S2snap1.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>170258708
Tynan hasn't put as much hours in Rimworld than the Adams did for DF.

I agree DF is way more advanced though. But the fucking non-existent UI god damnit, it's too much bullshit for me.

Too bad we'll never have Z level in rimword.
>>
>go to /dfg/
>there is a copypasta fight
So this is what being superior is like, huh?
>>
>>170260737
Guess why are we constantly making fun of dorfort subhumans?
>>
WHY DOES BATTERY EFFICIENCY NOT INCREASE WHEN I RESEARCH THE TECH
>>
>>170252617
thanks, i know see the error of my ways
>>
Anyone know best way to survive bandit invasion?
>>
>>170265818
killbox, though that takes the excitement out of it. Do you mean tribal with bandit or pirate?
>>
deddest
>>
>>170248920
Well, when I lock the door, they sure make the nutrient paste, but I cannot stockpile berries.

Is there a mod to change food priority?
>>
>>170200840
Where can I find the XML file that edits the attraction Malus?
>>
>>170275113
PawnRelationDefs/PawnRelations_FamilyByBlood.xml
Replace all the existing <attractionFactor>X</attractionFactor> fields with:
<attractionFactor>42.00</attractionFactor>
>>
>>170261948
THAT WAS A QUESTION FGTS
>>
>>170274729
Is there a XML file that sets food priority?
>>
>>170275113
What anon said, except for the 42. Putting it to one sets them to vanilla attraction, not counting age modifiers.
Also, unless they're psychos, they'll still get the incest relationship malus toward their motherfucking brother even if they're sisterfuckers themselves. That one can't be edited away with xmls, I'm afraid.
>>
opinions on waterwheels ?
>>
>>170275890
>That one can't be edited away with xmls, I'm afraid.
It is edited easily in the same file. Just replace all the
<incestOpinionOffset>-X</incestOpinionOffset>
with the
<incestOpinionOffset>420</incestOpinionOffset>
>>
>>170276225
I'm aware, but that applies across the board. I meant that if four siblings are incestuous, brother A gets a malus toward brother B because he's fucking their sister, even though A is fucking the other sister himself.
There's no way to change it so that incestuous pawns don't care about other incestuous pawns/their incestuous relatives.
>>
>>170274729
There's a mod somewhere that changes the eating priority, I forgot the name however
>>
>>170276641
Well, the whole opinions system is very simplistic.
I will not wonder if you cycle X people with the work of butchering a humanlike corpse, they will hate each other, even though every single one of them is a butcher himself.
Kinda same deal as in your example, the opinion offset towards other pawns applies no matter what pawn've done himself in the past.
>>
>>170162076
i tried playing df 2-3 times and couldnt figure it out, am i too retarded to play this game?
am i really fucking stupid or is this a hard game to play?
>>
>>170279768
If you didn't grow up with a command prompt you basically can't play DF. It's super autism max mode.
>>
>>170279768
This game is much easier than DF. Mostly because its ui and everything is much much more intuitive. DF really isnt too hard once you learn to get around the absolutely shit ui.
>>
>>170279768
I started playing df when I was like ~16 years old, it was before minecarts were implemented, about 2009 I think?

I tried to play it again but I feel like I can't anymore and I'm not more stupid than when I was 16 for sure
>>
>>170280918
Thats odd. Why do you feel that way? The game hasnt gotten any more complicated.
>>
>>170276184
?
>>
File: 1307100275310.jpg (16KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1307100275310.jpg
16KB, 268x265px
> finally build a nice little base
> soon the infections will hit

everything's working too well
>>
>>170282029
> I'm afraid of infection
It's time to get some penox, anon. From the wiki:
> Penox every 5 days: You'll never even see an infection warning
> Every 9 days: Easy mode immunity
> 12-15 days: some treatment may be required
> 20 days: Probably safe.

You can order pawns to take their medicine using the drug schedule options (which always defaults to smoke weed e'ery day).
>>
>>170282029
Embrasures
>>
File: file.png (860KB, 831x716px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
860KB, 831x716px
> capture gay raider

i need more people ... but I also hate faggots...
>>
>>170284983
don't use the f word
>>
>>170284983
>only allow straight whites into the colony
>sell/harvest/kill all nonwhites, homos, and fatties

this is why i like the game
>>
>>170284983
Amputate the leg of a faggot,
V8 until dark,
find Mr. bear,
build wood shed around him,
designate shed as prison cell,
transfer Mr. faggot inside.

Mr. bear now has food.
>>
File: 20170306164731_1.jpg (394KB, 1916x1172px) Image search: [Google]
20170306164731_1.jpg
394KB, 1916x1172px
Is there any way to fix this? My colonists bother to collect their caravans on top of traps. Naturally this gets them killed.
>>
>>170286565
You are a horrible person and I'm ashamed I never thought of that before.
>>
>trader comes
>suddenly, a pack of tame cats
Thanks, Randy!
>>
>>170276713
Well, there is, but it completelly wrecks wild animals' eating.

>>170279768
Game is easy to cheese once you learn the interface
soo... yeah, maybe you're a bit retarded, it's just a bunch of keys to push, dammit
>>
Has this game ever gone on sale? I pirated it but really like and would like to support the dev. Problem is im a mega jew and won't spend the full 30 bucks on it
>>
>>170286426
Do you allow nudist attractive lesbians though?
>>
>>170288681
You could buy your name in the game pack. It would cost 60 euros, but is probably worth around 88,88. So you would save 28 euros, the game only costing your 1,12 realistically
>>
File: 1445892199535.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1445892199535.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>170289823
>too cheap to spend the 30 canuck bucks
>how about you buy this thing thats even more expensive
>>
Should I master vanilla before loading up with mods?
>>
>>170290483
Always, with every game ever.
Mods generally make things easier so they're for scrubs. Granted there are a FEW mods that are really bug fixes. Lemme see what I got.
>>
>>170284983
Sell him in town.
>>
File: look at me ma.jpg (90KB, 764x534px) Image search: [Google]
look at me ma.jpg
90KB, 764x534px
>>170290638
Okay some great mods even for a first time player:
> HugsLib : Generic mod support pack
> Haulpriority : Can bump up hauling tasks on the field
> Conduit Deconstruct: Useful command
> Hand me that Brick: Haulers help with construction
> Trading spot: Because friendly caravans loooooove to camp on your traps
> STEP AWAY FROM THE MEDICINE: Better control over medicine settings because your fuckers LOVE to eat glitterworld medicine like candy
> Look at me, I'm the Worker Now: VERY useful UI tweak to get around the frustration of telling pawns to do things. Pic related.
>>
>>170291307
>Pic related
Fuck me, that alone is such a massive quality of life improvement. Thanks lad.
>>
>>170290483
play vanilla until you feel you need something new or want to change something that bugs you. That's how you get the longest enjoyment out of the game.
>>
>>170291307
>>170291431
Agreed, I think. Gonna' check it out IG, but I think it's enough to pull me back in, was gonna' wait for an update or something.
>>
Is Rimworld objectively better than Factorio?
>>
>>170292573
Rimworld is objectively better than any game.
>>
>>170292573
Rim world is amazing.

However, factorio caused me to have dreams about robot extender arms and convener belts so I consider it very special and a stand alone game that cannot be compared to any others.
>>
>>170292573
Factorio is more engineering oriented
>>
>>170292573
>Is apple better than a dog?
>>
File: 8bc.png (372KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
8bc.png
372KB, 500x560px
>>170289823
The game itself is 30 bucks Stateside. That name pack is almost doubled the price.
>>
So how do you edit a spawned pawn's adulthood?

I have psychology mod, and I wanted to change one nymph to housemate so she can take her lesbian Lover.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.