[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #479

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 244

File: 1471124826813.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471124826813.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
''Blackwell Ninja'' Edition

Previous Thread: >>169752607

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
http://lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
http://orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
http://orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
http://orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
http://orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
http://imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
http://strawpoll.me/11965358
http://strawpoll.me/12158769
http://strawpoll.me/12405766
http://strawpoll.me/12416723
http://strawpoll.me/12453760
http://strawpoll.me/12453759
>>
File: kate.png (171KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate.png
171KB, 425x516px
>>
File: Pricefield.jpg (79KB, 802x516px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield.jpg
79KB, 802x516px
BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
>>
File: max is 1.png (187KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
max is 1.png
187KB, 700x650px
Max is #1
>>
File: ninja.png (26KB, 240x216px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.png
26KB, 240x216px
The Blackwell Ninja... strikes again!
>>
>>170094063
We know, Chloe. Max is awesome.
>>
File: hotgurls.gif (1MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
hotgurls.gif
1MB, 497x280px
>>170093550
Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget
>>
Rachel inadvertently caused the storm. She died and her anger towards the town caused a storm to start forming.
She realized she couldn't stop it so she gave Max a warning and power to save Chloe and help others (But couldn't directly tell her what was going on).

If Max goes back in time and saves Rachel, then the storm is stopped entirely. Jefferson and Nathan are arrested before they can hurt Chloe, Kate, and possibly others. Max still keeps her power but the timeline is fine.
>>
File: 1485527653566.jpg (977KB, 1240x1753px) Image search: [Google]
1485527653566.jpg
977KB, 1240x1753px
>>170093428
>Wouldn't you think it weird if I started to argue vehemently on the idea that Max has a history of being sexually abused by her father? I

Unlike my theory regarding the condoms, there is no basis for that outside the game.

>I really don't see how you can like a character, relate to them, even as a person, connect on such a level as we do... and then go and use them like that, inject more sadness and bleakness into their characters, let alone for an effect the narrative already very much accomplishes.

I'm not using her. I'm filling in a blank. Like I said, the developers picked a bad place to put the condoms.

>It's primarily about your idea that they ~must~ means she's sleeping around that is absurd

It's not absurd to believe she's having sex with guys when she's carrying condoms in her jacket pocket.

>And would definitely read your elaboration on your stance on the ending. I will not do the tired greentext thing and take it apart to argue where I disagree and whatnot, I will just read it and perhaps reply on a more personal note on what I relate to in it.

You're welcome to pick it apart. I don't care. I know how I feel about the characters and the game. I wouldn't mind a conversation about it, whether it's a debate or not.

>>170093584
WE DID IT!
>>
File: Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg (47KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg
47KB, 375x500px
>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
https://instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
https://instaud.io/kWb
>>
>>170096052
>there is no basis for that outside the game.
You mean inside? Again, I'm sure I would find something to base it on that is at least as "reasonable" as your going from condoms to prostitution against canonical facts - which is, completely un-reasonable.

>I'm filling in a blank.
You are using condoms to speculate on something that goes against canonical fact, and you do so, as you'd said in the post I replied to, because you think the misery of that situation would make her happiness worth more for you.

>It's not absurd to believe she's having sex with guys when she's carrying condoms in her jacket pocket.
No, that's just characterally and narratively inconsistent, unreasonable speculation. What is absurd is your idea that it can ~only~ mean she's sleeping around, there there could be no other reasons. That is literally absurd, because it goes against logic.

>You're welcome to pick it apart.
I don't want to though. I also know very distinctly how I feel about the characters and the game, and I don't care for debating such an integral part of it anymore as the ending decision. I would appreciate if you do give your personal, emotional stance on it, I'm just reminding you don't have to do so in a way of arguing against the other ending, or me. That's precisely what I don't want, because then it stops being about you and your relation to the game.

>WE DID IT!
Three threads in a row, or so!

We stronk, we loyal.
>>
>>170096052
At best we'd agree that the condoms are misplaced. While I do have my thoughts on them and think dontnod have valid reasons of theirs, I agree that it would have been way more sensible to have them in her trash, or somewhere in her room.

Chloe did fuck people. There is no direct evidence for this, but it is implied and I do believe this. I think it was never for fun, not primarily by any stretch anyway, and I don't think she slept around as promiscuously as people casually assume even then - i. e. I think it was a handful of guys at most -, but I do acknowledge this.

Is that what you want? Yes, Chloe Price did, at some point, and probably more than one point, have dick in her vagina. I don't think she's naive and innocent. As I've said in the past, her being sexually more experienced than Max is something I very much like about their dynamic. They have aspects where they are respectively more mature than the other, or otherwise balance each other, a complementarity existing in that dynamic (or in some regards even where there's a certain imbalance, and then a resolve of that tension in their dynamic), and yes, this extends to their sexual dynamic for me as well.

And again, the narrative significance for me is the romance in it, their love. It's so brilliantly, uniquely explored in the game, in themes, scenes, emotions, thoughts, sentiments, characters, their relationship, its dynamic... I see it all revolving around their love, the powers as a literal manifestation of their love, the "power of love", all the supernatural shit and other narrative devices as symbolism and metaphor, analogy for the significance of their love, its strength and health and transcendence. The entire story, the created world, having at its beginning, core and center, and ending, their love.
>>
>>
>>170097407
...So within that ("romanticized") reading and appreciation of the story and the significance of their relationship, I just don't often want to ponder the all the everyday-realism of these characters as young teenagers, the psychology of it. It's a narrative I experience, value, appreciate and interpret, that I love, as this thing about love and their wonderful bond. A sentimental appreciation of that, a love story I have never experienced this authentically, that I feel so invested and connected to it, where it's so important to me.

To me, that would be like pondering Romeo and Juliet's sexual identities, their sexual pasts and their "romantical psychology"... When the story, the actual narrative, is about them together, their relationship and their love, its significance for that narrative, being its very purpose, the sentiment it was borne from and context it lives in.

Life is Strange is obviously more designed to be realistical, and contemporary, and as such does lend itself to personal relation and ponderings on its characters' beyond their narrative manifestation and "purpose", beyond the sentimental (and above all romantical) quality of it... but it is still a narrative, something inherently sentimental, and something fictional, as in, Chloe's past doesn't actually exist - she only exists as what we experience her as, narratively-emotionally-sentimentally, and in that, I really don't concern myself much with such "personalistic" teenage-realism, human everyday details of such a supposed past of hers. The past that counts is established in canon, and it counts to me only as what it is established there. Because that is what she is to me, what I feel about her, what means anything to me about her, in as much as it means something to the narrative and the narrative exploration of her character. Speculation on her sexual activeness based on the condoms, and let alone baseless, counter-canon speculation on prostitution, just don't give me anything.
>>
File: tumblr_nxgwxqaeoZ1t8kawso1_1280.jpg (287KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxgwxqaeoZ1t8kawso1_1280.jpg
287KB, 1280x1280px
>>170095648
>>
>>170096747
>inside

Yeah. My bad. And I consider that a challenge. Please find evidence as easy to find and compelling as the condoms and I'll cede to your point.

>there there could be no other reasons.

I haven't heard any logical alternatives.

>>170097407
>As I've said in the past, her being sexually more experienced than Max is something I very much like about their dynamic.

Their dynamic is fascinating. Although Chloe is more experienced, Max has a greater level of maturity and takes a more assertive role. She has an inherent self-insight. She's an old soul. Max didn't need experience to tell her about herself. She already knew, but only had to gain confidence her in conclusions. It's a cool dynamic.

>because you think the misery of that situation would make her happiness worth more for you.

That's putting words in my mouth. I take a realistic look at the characters, the same way the developers tried to place them in a realistic scenario. Twin Peaks, one of the influences for the game, dealt with prostitution as well. I'm not looking to amplify her misery for greater redemption. I do not, DO NOT, want forced tragedy. I expected a bittersweet, but optimistic ending where Max and Chloe could be together and was unsatisfied with the conclusion, much like the majority of the fan base. I'm not trying to hurt Chloe more for the sake of raising her back up again. That was not my intent. I'm drawing a different conclusion from poorly placed evidence in the game than you are. It's a simple difference of opinion.

Please do not put words in my mouth like that. It's not conducive to respectful debate.

>And again, the narrative significance for me is the romance in it, their love.

And we diverge where I don't see how the two being incompatible. Being broken, disenchanted and a walking contradiction do not mean someone is not deserving or incapable of love. That just means they're in a hard place or going through a hard time.
>>
File: 1485675584061.jpg (461KB, 1280x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1485675584061.jpg
461KB, 1280x1272px
Have a cutepost with my entry to the debate. Consider it a token at the altar of comfy.

>>170098408
>the everyday-realism of these characters as young teenagers

They're not young teenagers. In fact, Max and Chloe are at the end of their teenage years, being 18 and 19.

>>170099258

I don't like Rachel much as a character and less the idea of the three of them hanging out together. Amber craved attention and adoration. Despite sleeping with Frank, it wouldn't surprise me if she got jealous of Max and Chloe's friendship and forced a separation between them.
>>
This condoms discussion is the most retarded thing to grace this general.
There's not even a discussion to be had. Chloe had them, had a phase she admits to, and it ended a LONG time before Max ever came back.
Chloe had some in her wallet that were leftovers because she never checks her wallet. Max finds them and Chloe throws them out.

THE END
>>
>>170095648
The Prescotts caused the storm. They have knowledge of strange, supernatural occurrences that surround the native burial grounds.

When Rachel Amber took her bloodoath, she realized she gained time travel powers, and used them extensively to get perfect grades, make friends with everyone in Blackwell, and still be with Frank/Chloe. Unfortunately, she caught the attention of the Prescotts, and they kidnapped her and forced her to push her powers to the limit, creating a tear in space-time and summoning the storm.

They knew Jefferson was a fucked up individual, so they used him as the fall guy in case anyone found out about Rachel's death, on the promise that the Prescotts and the corrupt AB Police will bail him out (unbeknownst to them, he had Nathan as "insurance" in case they didn't follow through).

The storm was kept at bay after Rachel died and became a spirit guardian of the bay, but she couldn't hold it back enough, so she sent visions to Chloe's best friend, Max, warning her about the storm, and gave her powers when Chloe was about to die. The Prescotts saw the weather anomalies and knew the storm was coming again, hence Sean's email to Nathan about AB's "enema" and their "destiny".
>>
>>170099641
>Please find evidence
I will not. I don't care at this point that you won't concede to the point. You have already admitted you don't really head-canon Chloe that way, also think it is purely speculative and not really reasonable to see her still having slept with people after Rachel, and that the idea prostitution indeed does not have to do much with the game.

>I haven't heard any logical alternatives.
So you literally think every human being on this planet right now, that is in ownership of a condom, is also sexually active? You don't see the logical reality of the fact that people own condoms without being sexually active? That is not only a logical alternative, it's a reality of human beings.
>It's a cool dynamic.
Hella cool!

One example where I enjoyed this contrast in different types of maturity was when, in the Diner, Chloe is quarelling with her mom, and then later goes "Yes, mom." when she's asked to put her stuff away. She's Joyce's little adorable brat, like that. Whereas Max sits there, finding it adorable; she doesn't live at home, doesn't even call her parents frequently, is more independent, finanically, emotionally, from her parents.

>It's a simple difference of opinion.
No, it's speculation against canonical facts, and I wonder why you insist on that speculation. It doesn't give the game anything. She already has had tragedy and misery in her past. Prositution only adds more, baselessly, counter-canonically, to no effect but misery. Well, and to "explain" two freaking condoms, at the cost of creating misery.

But I do admit I put words into your mouth there. Your explanation did imply that though.

>I don't see how the two being incompatible
Neither do I, because the narrative does already explore exactly that deserving and capability of love in such situations. Where we do diverge, and what I question the compatibility of, is loving a character like we do these... and then speculating on such miserable things for no good reason.
>>
File: qLjb-dVQ2c0.jpg (103KB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
qLjb-dVQ2c0.jpg
103KB, 800x1300px
>>170100167
Well Rachel was never really a character. Just an idea and plot device, so any ideas of who she was can vary based on how the individual thought of her.

I don't think she would get jealous of Max and Chloe. Her shows that she really did care about Chloe and wanted her to be happy, so she hid the truth which would have hurt Chloe (Though hiding it ends up hurting her even more).
Max and Chloe being together is the best thing Rachel could hope for. Chloe is happy and has another person there for her, Rachel doesn't have to keep putting off Chloe's advances to avoid giving a definite answer, and she can tell Chloe the truth without leaving Chloe feeling totally alone. It would still hurt to learn the truth but they would have their argument and move on as friends.

Rachel did lie to multiple people and did have her own motives, but her friendship with Chloe did seem very genuine. There was nothing she would really get out of it by faking it.
Chloe kind of hints that Rachel would drift away from her at times, so that kind of disproves that Rachel was just making Chloe follow her. Seems more like it was Rachel trying to keep her distance to prevent things from escalating in a way she didn't want.
Because if she lied to Chloe about loving her, and Chloe found out, that would destroy Chloe.

I see no problems with Pricefield and Rachel as their friend. It's what the three of them wanted.
>>
>>170101019
Her letter shows* that she really did care about Chloe...
>>
>>170100167
>They're not young teenagers.
...Not my point. But yes, it's wrong terminologically to say young teenagers. But we were also talking specifically about their past, so you know...

>I don't like Rachel much as a character
We are of the same mind on this!

Rachel as a character simply does not exist to me, really. And while I don't think she was a bad person, feel for her tragedy on a level, the cruelty and morbidity in it, she had definite flaws, and doesn't transcend them in as much as she is not an actual character in the game. She remains a mystery, and not really a nice one. Her spiritual involvement in the game is interesting and I've had plenty to think and talk about with that, but I also absolutely think of her as something only having purpose being in the ground. Her being dead and buried is narratively meaningful, is how she has any meaning at all.

I do however think the three could have a cool dynamic together. Rachel was genuinely just not lesbian, and not into Chloe romantically... and she is suggested as a caring and loving person. Chloe didn't make that up, Frank loved her and she cared about him as well. She would be sassy and tease Chloe and Max, encourage them, "ship" them hard.

At least I like to think that. I also want her to stay dead. Don't really entertain the idea of her alive. She's meaningful to Chloe's character and the narrative as a dead non-character. She can be dear to people in the implication of a person... but for that there's just too little in the game, for me. How could I relate or grow close to this vague, contradictory implication of a person. Funnily enough, a lot of people do manage... but I've always suspected that's more tumblr's wet self-insertion dream. And primarily a female one, at that.
>>
>>170100391
At least in the end Rachel is avenged and given justice, and the Prescotts/ Jefferson end up dead or in prison.
And Rachel either ascends to an afterlife or retains her position as guardian of a town she once thought she hated and couldn't wait to get out of (I kind of like that idea of her watching and learning to like Arcadia Bay)

Maybe at some point in the future a new threat emerges and Rachel must choose a new champion since Max and Chloe are off living together in peace. But this new hero and Max and Chloe can meet up and work together or meet up.
>>
>>170100167
Oh, to add, yeah, while I like to think she would be sassy and encouraging and cool with them, I also wouldn't be surprised if she turned out having a streak of a vindictive bitch and tried to separate them, to some extent. Which she could obviously never manage.

If we are real, even all my ideas on what Rachel means to Chloe aside, after learning that she not only fucked with Frank, but also Mark, and wanted to bail on her own, I have a hard time seeing Chloe being willing to have much to do with her anymore even if she were alive. Rachel did want to tell her, and maybe Max could mediate between the two and they could kind of find a friendship again... but it is a literal betrayal of Chloe and as that obviously something that hits deep for her.
>>
>>170102771
>she turned out having a streak of a vindictive bitch and tried to separate them
That sounds way too harsh and contradictory to everything hinted about Rachel
>>
>>170102771
*even all my ideas on what Rachel means to Chloe - or rather: doesn't mean - aside...

>>170103569
I also think she is suggested as a nice person, as I said. I must assume she was caring and loving, otherwise Frank and Chloe wouldn't have felt that way about her. She did not literally cheat on anyone, and I also think her dishonesty was a way for her to try and make everyone happy. She did want to tell Chloe, she ended things reasonably and for valid reasons with Frank. At least that's the picture the letters paint.

But I at least wouldn't be surprised if she had a streak like that. She did swing drugs, she was involved with "bad boys" and liked them for their non-benign, darker sides, to an extent. She did apparently try to run away without Chloe.

So yeah, she's remains largely mystery of a person, and in that mystery, there's also place for a malevolent side of her. Samuel says she was positive and negative. There's idea on the storm being her revenge, maybe havnig been originally intended to be haunting Nathan even, with the cut line about his visions and his Rachel In The Dark Room madness, and such. I've always felt ambivalent at best about her.
>>
File: 13414000_preview.jpg (89KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
13414000_preview.jpg
89KB, 1600x900px
>10
T-this isn't the answer /lisg/, p-please
>>
File: brat.png (2MB, 1205x1555px) Image search: [Google]
brat.png
2MB, 1205x1555px
>>170100890
>She's Joyce's little adorable brat, like that.
Chloe's face when she "only gets one damn slice of bacon today".
>>
File: 319630_20160529054820_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
319630_20160529054820_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>170106713
Also: Chloe's "Yes mom, I'm with my Max again. Don't even tell her I told you that I think I loved her. And yes, I'm currently in the process of realizing that I still am, and all anew am, all over." ...face.

Featuring: Max's quietly gleeful, understanding "I'm so giddy hanging out with Chloe again; her and Joyce are still the same." face.
>>
File: Chloe Shield Middle Finger.jpg (37KB, 492x531px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe Shield Middle Finger.jpg
37KB, 492x531px
>>170100204
>Chloe's abs
>Chloe's nail polish
>Chloe's condoms

I'm noticing a pattern here...
>>
File: Kate Jumped to Laugh At You.jpg (140KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Jumped to Laugh At You.jpg
140KB, 600x585px
>>170107102
She's giddy because Kate jumped today.
>>
File: images.jpg (60KB, 631x900px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
60KB, 631x900px
>>170107613
You bastard.
Would Kate ever watch anime
>>
>>170106713
I don't think that's why she really pulled that face.

It was more her feeling of isolation from her parent.
>>
>>170093550

This is autism and this needs to die.

I was in /frz/ for years and I regret it. This is just as bad.

Bring on the downvotes.
>>
>>170101019
Also think this assessment of it is pretty reasonable.

Her spiritual involvement is obviously something different from her personal one, but something decidedly more ambivalent I think. She could have been benevolently or malevolently involved, or both. Summoning the storm, or working against it. Amplifying it, or regretting it. Leading Max and Chloe into safety, or trying to deceive them.

If I do make theories about her posthumous role, I prefer to think she started out more malevolent, and gradually over the week mellowed out, ultimately regretting the storm at latest when Max and Chloe reveal the circumstances of her death and discover her body - then wanting to prevent the storm, or at least warn and save Max and Chloe from it. If we want to go deeper into the lore, the storm could also be aimed against the Prescotts, or obviously their doing, instead of Rachel's.

>>170107416
You weren't here for the abs thing!

Have you ever read it? It's a fun read, or at least the pasta it sparked is.

I'm just glad we can now (hopefully) move past "Chloe's condoms" just like we did her abs and polish. While we have different ideas on this aspect of her character (i. e. you think she was sleeping with people for fun and could still be; I think fun was not at all the motivation and she has grown to dislike meaningless sex), we do agree that it's very unreasonable to assume she was still sleeping with anyone after having met Rachel. Because of what she says, because of how she reacts. It would make her something she is not, even without going into nuances of characterization. And while I don't get why you would want to speculate on prostitution at all, let alone against canonical facts, we do agree that it is pure speculation with no real relevance to the actual game.
>>
File: 1459893566688.png (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459893566688.png
32KB, 400x400px
>>170109225
>>
>>170109052
Perhaps, but this quarrel thing is not only pretty common in mother-daughter relationships (or parent-child relationships altogether), we know this is especially typical for these two. Max says at this "You guys are still the same".

Chloe loves her mother, and her mother loves her, and to a significant extent, they do still know this. Their relationship has suffered, and they both have their problems and some of those in some senses stand between them, and there are things they can accuse each other of (arguably Chloe Joyce more so than vice versa), but the little quarrel in the diner does not mean they are isolated from one another.

The opposite in some respects, really. They still interact, still care about each other and respect each other, and it's the same old, for the most part, despite Joyce's depression, David's shit at home, Chloe's irritable attitude with regards to him and her, and so on.
>>
>>170109530
...And while I have a decidedly more romanticized reading and appreciation of the game than you do, we do agree that Max and Chloe's relationship is something precious, their dynamic interesting, their romance intriguing and touching, and that even if Chloe had taken a big fat cock just the weekend before the game week, she will now never again because she has her Max and Max has her, in a loving and loyal and committed (or me: all-transcendently and all-significantly loving, eternal and immortal) relationship. (Well, for you, Chloe is obviously dead and Max lives on without her, so it doesn't really matter for you anyway, but this just for the sake of argument.)

I'm gonna bail for the moment, so hopefully someone else keeps the thread bumped.
>>
>>170107416
People are jealous of Chloe and try to put her down or boil her down into something far simpler than she is?
>>
>>170109225
We're going to 500, and then we're going to 750, and then we're going all the way to ONE THOUSAND
BYAAAAHHHH
>>
File: CuteAlice.jpg (77KB, 552x442px) Image search: [Google]
CuteAlice.jpg
77KB, 552x442px
>>170113083
But will Molli draw us a picture for the occasion?
>>
>>170101557
>But we were also talking specifically about their past, so you know...

Eh. Rachel went missing not long before the start of the game. It's unclear when she and Chloe met.

>Rachel as a character simply does not exist to me, really.

We learn enough about her second hand to get a good picture of her personality. Through Chloe, Frank and other minor character's dialogue, it's clear she enjoyed attention: wanting to be in the spotlight, be a model and make it in Los Angeles.

>She is suggested as a caring and loving person.

Definitely toward Frank, but some of that may have been co-dependency. Her letter about Frank scaring her referenced previous incidents that weren't as bad. He's considerably older than her, sells drugs and lives in an RV parked at a beach. Frank Bowers has a soft side, but he may have killed Pompidou's previous owner and sells date rape drugs to Nathan. He finds redemption, but not before fucking up a lot of people's lives.

Rachel didn't have a problem with Chloe burdening herself with a large debt to move to L.A. with her, despite not reciprocating her feelings. Rachel comes off as quite shallow and insecure, despite her outward confidence. She cared too much about the feelings of others, but also cared so little about them that she hurt them.

>>170102771
>Which she could obviously never manage.

Agreed. Max and Chloe would stay together. If Chloe was still bitter about Max leaving, she would stay with Rachel for a bit, but would eventually realize her childhood compatriot was her true friend and Pricefield would reign supreme as always.

>I have a hard time seeing Chloe being willing to have much to do with her anymore even if she were alive.

Agreed. Rachel is a shady person. Although outwardly caring, she uses too many of the cast members. Her relationship with Nathan and Jefferson is suspect as well. Overall she gives me bad vibes.
>>
File: lesg gets upset.png (303KB, 1920x1290px) Image search: [Google]
lesg gets upset.png
303KB, 1920x1290px
Let's see if I'm unbanned yet...
>>
>>170113494
Compressed Depression!!!!

Related:
http://nautil.us/issue/45/power/does-depression-have-an-evolutionary-purpose
>>
>>170109530
>You weren't here for the abs thing!

That poster wasn't me, but that is correct. I wasn't here for the abs debate. The pasta is delicious. Which threads contain the original debate?

I don't see the prostitution as anti-canon, but, like I've said, it's speculation and the condom placement was one of the many errors the developers made in a rush to produce the game within their budgetary confines. I'd assume put the argument to rest until either of us comes up with new evidence to support our assertions or you decide to find something pointing to Max being sexually abused...which is ludicrous.

>>170111958
>Well, for you, Chloe is obviously dead and Max lives on without her,

At this point I'm more third option than Bay. I chose Bay out of the two available endings for reasons I probably won't have time to get into today, but, as I've said numerous times, I'm not happy with either ending.

Even if Chloe had finished screwing Samuel in the boys bathroom minutes prior to Max saving her from Nathan, I would still believe that she and Max were meant to be together and form a great couple, free of infidelity.

>>170113436
Hello, Alice. Enjoying your carrots?
>>
>>170113436
*Pets Alice's head*

Maybe if we're lucky and she pops her head in. If not, then she's certainly commemorated enough events in /lisg/'s history with her drawings.
I'm sure at least one of the content creators will do something.
>>
File: two_jumping_rabbits_bunnies.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
two_jumping_rabbits_bunnies.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>170114275
>Alice cameo in Season 2 confirmed.
>>
File: AliceEatingCarrot.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AliceEatingCarrot.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>170113840
I am anon, they're lovely.

>>170114275
Ooh, that feels nice. Could you scratch around the ears too?
>>
File: Michelol.jpg (2KB, 110x125px) Image search: [Google]
Michelol.jpg
2KB, 110x125px
>>170115083
Good. It would be horrible if you had to chose between a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.
>>
>>170114805
>Somewhere in the game you see a potted plant sitting with a rabbit
I would love little cameos like that. Seeing Max's pictures in magazines, or seeing Chloe's truck parked somewhere.

>>170115083
Of course
*Scratches behind ears*
>>
File: funnyrabbits0054_O.jpg (70KB, 436x336px) Image search: [Google]
funnyrabbits0054_O.jpg
70KB, 436x336px
>>170115452
Go away Michel.
>>
File: Michel....jpg (142KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
Michel....jpg
142KB, 944x531px
>>170116503
You love the Koch. Don't deny it.
>>
>>170116446
I want to see Chloe's truck parked somewhere with Max sitting in the passenger seat reading a newspaper that says "No environmental disasters or binary choice endings in Arcadia Bay this October."
>>
>>170117512
What about if we use Quantum Mechanics to make the ending a (complex-valued) superposition between disaster and non-disaster?

As long as Alice stays in a box, the superposition will be preserved.
>>
>>170117807

Or there's a photo of Max and Chloe married at a church that did not require rebuilding because Pricefield stopped the Prescotts from summoning the waterspout.
>>
I want to bully Michel!
>>
File: 1451537365308.png (918KB, 1275x699px) Image search: [Google]
1451537365308.png
918KB, 1275x699px
>>170117872
Pretty sure it was The Horus Statue. That thing made my hair stand on end.
>>
I hope any cameos are based on a previous savefile. If it's just going to reference one ending over another then that's terrible.

>>170117512
Something like that could be cool too. With something like Max sitting in the truck it could be looked at from both ways. Either she's just sitting in the truck waiting for Chloe, or in the hypothetical Bay ending timeline Max took the truck as her own.

I would be amazed though if they outright showed Max and Chloe together. But that would either have to be confirming the Bae ending (Or canonizing a third option, which is fine with me if it wraps things up well).
They may just decide to avoid any conflicts and just set the game prior to October 2013. They can still sneak in some references but nothing definitive.
>>
File: tumblr_og4qo74l3m1sg34ouo9_400.png (14KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og4qo74l3m1sg34ouo9_400.png
14KB, 370x320px
>>170117807
But I don't want to stay in a box. I like running around and being with my friends and family.
>>
>>170117872
Maybe they could start S2 with the first few minutes playing as Max. You replay some altered scenes from S1 and find a better option that stops the storm entirely. Either stopping the Prescotts or saving Chloe in a different way like talking Nathan down.
Then it hands things off to the new protagonist, and maybe they will run into Max and Chloe later on.
>>
>>170117807
Schrodinger's Bunny!
>>
>>170118991
>saving Chloe in a different way like talking Nathan down.
>solving a mentally ill criminal in crisis with talking
>talking
>therapeutic intervention

That would make sense and fit the progressive world view favored by the game...which is why it won't happen.

Cool idea, but I'd rather they not include Max and Chloe outside of Easter Eggs and a cliffhanger ending or not include them at all.

>>170118547
Are you sure it wasn't Chloe making something else stand on end?

>>170118817
>Or canonizing a third option, which is fine with me if it wraps things up well
That's the best way of handling the game and satisfying the fan base. Adding DLC that includes a third option would be the best route.

>>170118861
Your family keeps you in a cage. How do you stand the injustice?
>>
>>170119678
Patch the game like Valve did with Portal when making the sequel.
Change the ending scene to set things up to continue. Max makes her choice but then says she thinks she found another way, she does that and the new and final timeline is created.
Cut to the new character and setting up their story.
I'm interested if the Prescotts or Jefferson will play a role in a sequel. Villains that had potential but that weren't really used that much.
>>
>>170119678
>Cool idea, but I'd rather they not include Max and Chloe outside of Easter Eggs and a cliffhanger ending or not include them at all.
*Cool idea, but I'd rather they not include Max and Chloe outside of Easter Eggs and a cliffhanger ending or omit them from the second season entirely.
>>
For those who played Remember Me, apart from Chloe's panda keychain what are some other references from this game in LiS?
>>
File: sweaty_dog.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty_dog.gif
3MB, 300x169px
>>170109530
>>170113840
>Chloe's abs pasta
Elaborate/link plz?
>>
File: Walking Alice.jpg (262KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
Walking Alice.jpg
262KB, 622x800px
>>170119678
Mama lets me out to stretch my legs. And Dorothy and I get to roam around at home.
>>
File: Punk Kate.jpg (43KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Punk Kate.jpg
43KB, 500x707px
>>
>>170120224
I don't know about Remember Me but the strange text graffiti seen is a reference to one of the writer's books or something.
>>
Bae!
>>
File: 1484655971721.jpg (113KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484655971721.jpg
113KB, 1024x576px
The thread is sleeping, but Chloe is watching over it.
>>
File: 1485836814420.jpg (166KB, 876x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485836814420.jpg
166KB, 876x1080px
Maximum cuteposting!
>>
File: 1435179422436.png (332KB, 628x896px) Image search: [Google]
1435179422436.png
332KB, 628x896px
>>170113446
>It's unclear when she and Chloe met.
It's suggested they met at Blackwell, which Chloe left two years prior to the game week. So she would presumably have had her phases around 15/16/17. But again, irrelevant. My point is just that I don't care much for speculation on that kind of stuff about these characters. They only really mean anything to me as what they manifest in the game, their past only in as much as it plays into that narratively, as a narrative sentiment, not an actual scenario or reality.

>picture of her personality
True, but while I would still say a little too vague a picture to make me care about her as a person, I meant she literally doesn't exist as a character to me. I mean, she obviously isn't an actual character in the game, and I also don't imagine how she lived, when she did. Like, I only very rarely have ever visualized in my mind situations involving Rachel as a character.

>Definitely toward Frank
I think she must also have been loving toward Chloe, otherwise Chloe wouldn't speak of her like she does. Obviously not romantically, but there must have been a close and caring friendship there between them, sometimes.

>She cared too much about the feelings of others, but also cared so little about them that she hurt them.
That is an interesting perspective. Well put, I think I dig.

>she would stay with Rachel for a bit
Yeah, if Rachel was alive at the start of the week, Chloe and Max's reunion might not have been as instant and perfect, if we do assume Rachel would actively try to prevent it from being so. (Though again, I like to think she'd actively encourage it. There's fun scenarios in that.)

>reign supreme as always
Pricefield, the battle-ship. We wor-ship it.

>Overall she gives me bad vibes.
Yeah, I see benevolence and malevolence. I. e. the ambivalence Samuel points to. Like, I could even imagine she was trying to deceive Max, via the nightmare, into giving up Chloe. Or something of that nature.
>>
>>170113840
>original debate?
I will give it to you if you promise you won't start that argument again! :p

And no, Chloe did not keep in shape by running from cops! She's into swimming, skating, has a basketball in her room, Joyce is a good cook so she'd know to have taught her healthy eating habits, she has good genetics...

>anti-canon
But it is. It goes against what she says, so this would at least make her a liar. It goes against the fact that she was chronically broke and hadn't paid off a cent of debt. It goes against the fact that she is appalled at even just the idea of sleeping with the guy she did owe the money. It's not impossible, but it's also not impossible that she has the condoms because she has a dick - which is also baseless, useless speculation that goes against some canonical facts.

>which is ludicrous.
Exactly. Which is precisely why I won't go and look for evidence to build a delusional case around needlessly creating misery for the characters. Even if you insisted on Chloe being a confirmed prostitude, it would not be worth making such a case for Max to try and show you how that is delusional. I'd rather ignore you altogether, before I go and make such a case to convince you to stop making such cases yourself.

And thankfully you don't: you do admit it's pretty baseless, useless speculation. So let's put it to rest indeed!

>I'm more third option than Bay.
I can appreciate that.

>I would still believe that she and Max were meant to be together and form a great couple
I appreciate that. Always did.

Here's to more productive discussions and agreeable conversations between us in /lisg/'s great future!

I still don't like your shitposting, but you have cut back on it, and I obviously know that you aren't really all that obnoxious with it. And while I also will never appreciate the Bay ending as anything more than a way to reverse-emotionalize my investment into Bae, I definitely am interested in your personal and emotional relation to it.
>>
>>170125373
Saturday night means it's time for pic related!

Chloe watching over her Max who fell asleep during the movie, and eating important pizza.

I'm also eating pizza and watching a movie rn; alas, no "Max" to watch over.
>>
File: 262027686638a7770e855477d84d88d7.jpg (137KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
262027686638a7770e855477d84d88d7.jpg
137KB, 736x1041px
>>170125373
I'd love to stay up but I have a headache from hell.
I just want to pass out.
>>
File: smile_by_spicyroll-d99bey4.png (361KB, 737x826px) Image search: [Google]
smile_by_spicyroll-d99bey4.png
361KB, 737x826px
>>170127663
Take a medicine!
>>
File: 1439501120889.gif (127KB, 300x676px) Image search: [Google]
1439501120889.gif
127KB, 300x676px
>>170120319
Chloe’s Seizure Inducing Abs – A Modern Parable.

Chloe Price lay back on the bed and sighed as Max Caulfield worked her lips slowly down Chloe's sculpted abs. Shivers ran though Chloe as Max paused her leisurely journey downward, taking time to run her tongue around Chloe's naval piercing. Simultaneously, Max's hands had just finished the task of removing Chloe's soiled panties. Knowing that the underwear wasn't the goal, but merely the goalkeeper, Max flung them over her shoulder without a second thought.

At that very moment, the door swung open and Victoria Chase entered, unlit cigarette in hand. "Oh good, your loser smoker friend is here. My lighter's dry and I need a nicotine dose stat so- what the fuck is this?!" Victoria stood motionless, eyes apparently focused on the point of union between Chloe's abs and Max's tongue. To add further insult to the situation, Chloe's soiled panties had struck the side of Victoria's head. Strangely, Victoria made no attempt to remove them.

Max was thoroughly embarrassed, caught performing a sex act on her best friend. It was inevitable that Victoria would hold this over her, either through gossip or using it as blackmail material. This shame would cling to Max's future as surely as Chloe's mucus encrusted panties clung to Victoria' left cheek.

"How can this unemployed druggie have such glorious abs!" Victoria suddenly demanded. "It's utterly unrealistic. She does nothing but smokes weed, which always makes people fat. Just look at what it’s done to Snoop Dogg!"

Both Chloe and Max were dumbstruck. It slowly dawned on them that Victoria's focus on Chloe's abdominal region was absolute. She apparently hadn't registered what Max had been doing to said abs, or even that Max had flung Chloe's panties in her face.

"You don't even have the money to go to the Gym. Fuck, it's so unrealistic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is literally retarded."
>>
>Only 12 IPs
You faggots need to just stop.
Really.
Just fucking stop.

LiS is dead. Deader than dead, it's deader than Arcadia Baye.

You faggots look pathetic.
>>
>>170130360
Fucking HELL.
>>
>>170130882
It's cute that you care so much about us that you want to save us from looking pathetic.

But 1. it's pretty late for that... and 2. the last few threads have been more active than in months, hitting reply limit and 70+ IPs.

S- So go bully someone else!

Or don't, and keep bumping us.
>>
>>170130882
Here, have an IP.

Lurkers are people too.
>>
>>170132795
Here's to our lurkers.
>>
File: 1484780491885.gif (2MB, 265x216px) Image search: [Google]
1484780491885.gif
2MB, 265x216px
>>170132795
>>170134729
Max dances for you.

>pic related

>>170126380
>I will give it to you if you promise you won't start that argument again! :p

Please send it along. As in this matter, your accusations that I ignore canon and regarding Chloe's lifestyle, I'm entitled to my opinions. She says during the swimming pool scene that she's had her pool time for the year, which indicates she either has something against pools and only swims in the ocean or does not swim frequently. She's definitely into skateboarding. Joyce cooks at a greasy spoon diner, a type of restaurant not known for healthy eating. Chloe eats bacon and typical diner food throughout the game.

She has an active lifestyle, which may include running from the police given her penchant for trespassing and disregard for the law. I'm happy to debate her lifestyle, but...her abs. That's a bit shallow and pointless.

As this point points out >>170130360 , engaging in such a debate is ignoring many more important and obvious topics of discussion within the game.

>I still don't like your shitposting

As Hunter S. Thompson once said, fuck em' if they can't take a joke. I paused when a few of /v/'s more militant denizens entered the thread in solidarity with the regulars. Once I have new material I'll start again. Expect a certain conservative religious zealot to make more appearances, but with a new angle to her diatribes.

>>170127540
I'm writing a movie, watching pro-wrestling and have started my six months of pizza abstinence in preperation for the weight gain inducing hormones I'll have to take while transitioning to a woman.

Fuck. You.
>>
>>170135658

>>ywn taste Joyce's cooking (or daughter)
>>
>>170136168
You can go to Two Whales and try the first, even towards the second and you're getting hit.
First by Chloe, then by Max, and then by David, and then by Joyce. Then by the ghost doe.
>>
>>170136168
>Cosplay and Women Welcome

Shut up, Warren.
>>
File: 1440742956080.png (67KB, 540x461px) Image search: [Google]
1440742956080.png
67KB, 540x461px
>>170135658
>She says during the swimming pool scene that she's had her pool time for the year
Oh, yeah, I suppose that's true.

The next thing I could point to would be hiking. We have that transition photo of her when she was younger, with a big hiking backpack. And when Max and her walk up the trail to the lighthouse, she's hella fast and calls for Max to "hurry up, slowpoke!".

>lifestyle
I mean, come on, I won't argue whether I can see Chloe ever having run from cops, but surely you know that the idea she'd have with such frequency that she's kept in shape due to it is completely ridiculous.

>Joyce cooks at a greasy spoon diner
Yeah, but she's still a professional cook. She would definitely know to prepare a variety of meals and be learned in matters of nutritional values and such. And as for the type of meals, it's more about how much you eat of it. Obviously there's more to healthy eating than calorie intake, and I do think Joyce makes sure to have healthy stuff around... but this was just about her slim figure, and then it's really enough to just not eat more than you need.

As you are currently having to, too. On that note: Good luck with your transition! I figure it's a pretty courageous step to make, at an advanced age no less.

>fuck em' if they can't take a joke
Oh, I can take a joke, but... Actually, let's not get into it. I hope your future material will be funny or clever, and here's a cheeky little secret between the two of us: I actually quite enjoy your overly zealous Kate persona.

>watching pro-wrestling
Did you know that in this general, we are convinced Victoria and Kate are pro-wrestling enthusiasts?

They go to shows and wrestle each other. Kate is merciless.

>>170136586
>Then by the ghost doe.
Chuckled heartily.
>>
>>170137598
Does Warren cosplay as a woman?
>He can't get Max, so he becomes her
Hella creepy.
>>
>>170138387
>he ends up liking it and attracts Nathan
oh god...
>>
>>170139765

GO APE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl7hmjsLKI8

New contest from these guys.
>>
>>170140343
>Guest judge Michel Koch

Oh that's easy, just submit Chloe guro porn and call it a day
>>
>>170140343
>>170140548
Kek, just submit THAT webm (you know the one) and he'll personally invite you to the office
>>
>>170140812
WHAT WEBM
>>
>>170140343
>Warren's dorm?

The possibilities! Submit it with his walls full of the photoshops he has in his nightmare locker and so on.
>>
>>170141001
The one where Jefferson rapes Max before/after he shoots her in the head
>>
>>170140343
Neat. Someone should draw the inside of the lighthouse or I'd love to see Max's house/room in Seattle.
Or maybe a Pricefield apartment if that counts.
>>
>>
File: 1469375157339.jpg (141KB, 1400x952px) Image search: [Google]
1469375157339.jpg
141KB, 1400x952px
Pricefield apartment in Seattle (Really a sketch of one of Edouard's places)
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (255KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
255KB, 936x936px
>>170138218
>She would definitely know to prepare a variety of meals and be learned in matters of nutritional values and such

Not likely. Professional cooks know how to put together whatever their place of employment makes and little else.

>that the idea she'd have with such frequency that she's kept in shape due to it is completely ridiculous.

Given canon evidence that she spends much of her time robbing banks and poaching endangered animals, I disagree.

>at an advanced age no less.
I'm 28, not 93, but thank you for the well wishing.

>I actually quite enjoy your overly zealous Kate persona.

I might just tolerate you yet.

>Did you know that in this general, we are convinced Victoria and Kate are pro-wrestling enthusiasts?

Right. I'm sure you discuss how often Kate hits Victoria with crucifix powerbombs whenever I'm not around.

>>170136168

>pic related

>with a big hiking backpack
I took that as her trying to run away, but it wouldn't surprise me if she hikes. David would make it difficult to smoke weed. Heading into secluded portions of the forest would work.

>>170140343
Hmmm. This could be fun. Better post a link on /v/.

>>170142827
>lighthouse

That could be cool. I might doodle Max and Chloe's tree-fort or go avante garde and sketch the Samuel's cell phone in his limousine.
>>
>>170130360
>Chloe's abs fic is truly a multidimensional tale we can all learn from.
>That missing the second part tho, where Max goes back to giving oral while Victoria has an epileptic fit on her keep calm and carry on mat
>>
Chloe stays in shape from hiking, biking, and swimming. Plus she has good genes.
>>
>>170145138
Hoping to get Victoria out of the room before she came to her senses, or worse, continued this inane monologue, Chloe reached over to her Jeans and withdrew a matchbox. She selected a match, but instead of striking the side of the box, she simply ran it down her glorious washboard stomach. It immediately burst into flames, and Chloe brought it to the cigarette in Victoria's hand. This piece of showmanship did nothing to abate Victoria's apparent autism.

"You've got your light, so now fuck off." Chloe said frustratedly, growing tired of the continued cooch-blocking.

"You look under 20% percent body fat." Victoria continued, pausing only to puff desperately on her fag. Rather than calm her down, the cigarette and the display which lit it seemed only to have stimulate her further. "That is literally un-possible without protein shakes."

Chloe's frustration gave way to genuine concern. Foam had begun forming at Victoria's mouth, and she seemed barely capable of forming sentences anymore.

"You... Can't develop muscles... From skateboarding!"

Victoria barely got those words out before her jaw locked shut and she collapsed on the ground, spasming.

"We need to do something!" Chloe said, looking horrified.

"Don't worry Chloe, she does several times a week. A few days ago some Social Justice issue triggered it, so she was due for another bout. If it goes on for more than five minutes, there's a tube of diazepam in her room you can shove up her ass, if you can get it passed the broomstick already lodged in there. Otherwise, just try to ignore her and enjoy yourself."

And with that, Max resumed caressing Chloe's immaculate abdomen. Chloe lay back once more in ecstasy, Victoria spasmed and drooled all over Max's dank "Keep Calm and Carry On" floor mat, and Chloe's soiled panties clung resolutely to Victoria's left cheek.
>>
File: 1440672715716.png (3MB, 1128x2904px) Image search: [Google]
1440672715716.png
3MB, 1128x2904px
>>170147014
Oh yeah and skateboarding
>>
Chloe > Kate
>>
Max > All the girls
>>
File: 5VcJB38E2hE.jpg (30KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
5VcJB38E2hE.jpg
30KB, 604x340px
Jefferson > All the boys
>>
>>170147195
>she strikes a match on her abs
>>
File: Frank beating Jeffershit.jpg (205KB, 1280x997px) Image search: [Google]
Frank beating Jeffershit.jpg
205KB, 1280x997px
>>170148281
Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>170147712
Kate >>>> You
>>
>>170147390
>implying you can develop muscles from skateboarding
>>
https://medium.com/umapera/life-is-strange-finally-made-me-understand-the-friend-zone-problem-33abf7d59290#.jk3ri91vs

really makes you think
>>
>>170149167
I'm not giving medium any clicks, but it's about Warren right?

Because Warren made me respect friendzoning
>>
>>170149275
It's a article saying how annoying he is.
>>
File: katefags btfo.png (186KB, 547x410px) Image search: [Google]
katefags btfo.png
186KB, 547x410px
>>
So someone recommended i read eternal return because it made them want to kill themselves

Fuck, they weren't kidding. I was legit tearing up at that ending

Fml im crying at a fucking fanfic
>>
>>
>>
File: 1436115488559.png (124KB, 875x558px) Image search: [Google]
1436115488559.png
124KB, 875x558px
>>
File: 1468262673030.jpg (482KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
1468262673030.jpg
482KB, 1280x956px
>>
>>170157650
>>
What Max usually do on a Sunday?
>>
Victoria was my favorite Charactur.
>>
http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2015/06/11/gaming-diaries-dave-discovers-that-life-as-a-girl-really-is-strange-and-also-full-of-creeps/

This is interesting.
>>
File: Keith.jpg (115KB, 982x400px) Image search: [Google]
Keith.jpg
115KB, 982x400px
>>170160214

Keith David
e
i
t
h

D
a
v
i
d

she tried to fuck Keith David
>>
File: tumblr_nx36txISfE1udzf1go1_250.gif (970KB, 233x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx36txISfE1udzf1go1_250.gif
970KB, 233x280px
The only acceptable Warren posting is Warren/Nathan desu
>>
>Page 10

JUST
>>
File: Sniper.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
No one puts Chloe on page 10.
>>
>>170169179
Michel put her 6 feet in the ground haha :)
>>
>>170170687
That is page 6, not page 10.
>>
>>170147390
>Max confirmed for healslut
>>
>>170148230
Not Chloe.
>>
Max = Chloe > Kate = Victoria
>>
Kate > everybody else
>>
>>170172548
Fug u mudderfugger

Gloe besd :DDDDDD

Seriously.
>>
File: nsuclxD37W1rn8nkfo1_1280.jpg (211KB, 1000x781px) Image search: [Google]
nsuclxD37W1rn8nkfo1_1280.jpg
211KB, 1000x781px
Every girl has their strengths and weaknesses and trying to rank them is just shit-stirring, which most of them would be opposed to.
>>
>>170164236
Their sex lives must be the kinkiest

But if it gets them to stop stalking/ murdering then it's okay
>>
>>170173037
Exactly!

It's fun to tease each other, though.
>>
>>170173037
>opposed to drama
>Victoria Chase
>opposed to arguments
>Chloe Price
>opposed to slighting others by omitting information, such as Chloe is the best, but not saying you find Max cool as well
>Rachel Amber
>supporting sex with one gender although it has no reproductive value and creates a schism between yourself and God and the divine's most holy followers
>Maxine Caulfield
>supporting one woman over another, like favoring Christianity over Judaism or the heathen Muslim
>pic related

HEDONIST SCUM!!!!! HOW DARE YOU PUT CHLOE'S LITHE PHYSIQUE, UNBLEMISHED SKIN AND NATURAL CHARISMA OVER YOUR PRE-DESTINED PURPOSE? WHY ARE YOU DAMNING YOURSELF WITH AN ATHLETIC SINNER WHO WILL WRAP HER LONG ARMS AROUND YOU EVERY NIGHT IN POST-COITAL BLISS?

OH GOD! NO! I'M NOT SINNING! I'M NOT SINNING! I'M NOT SINNING! I DON'T WANT TO FEEL HER TONED LIMBS WRAPPED AROUND MINE! NO! NEVER!
>>
>>170173693
I can't see Warren as gay, though. Nathan, yes, but Warren is such a typical awkward straight boy.
>>
>>170173940
I meant this for >>170173538
not >>170173693
>>
>>170173940
His awkwardness stems from his obsession with primates. Were he not ignorant of Biblical science, he would woo Max, but instead he spends too much time playing with his beaker and touting Satan's belief that humans came from hairy apes instead of God's hand.

He and the negress Ms. Grant are the reason why sapphic love has infested Blackwell, not Chloe's stunning eyes, quick wit and toned physique. It's not because Max wants to lie her head on her lap and caress her washboard abs or eat Joyce's pancakes off her breasts after they've been topped with whipped cream.

No! She would...never want to do that. No. That's a sin.

It's Warren's fault.

>>170173940
Of course Nathan is a craven homosexual. That's why he attempted to corrupt me into a hedonistic lifestyle.
>>
>>170174535
Oh, I love you so much, namefriend. <3 You add character to these threads.
>>
File: Kate Marsh Violin.png (621KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Marsh Violin.png
621KB, 1280x720px
>>170174925
Shut up, idolator. I am not a character. I'm a prophet, here to return /lisg/ to God. Turn your love to Him and not the tawdry dress of the lesbians infiltrating Arcadia Bae...um...Bay.
>>
>>170172801
No
>>
File: 0j_rPAxQn10.jpg (51KB, 444x604px) Image search: [Google]
0j_rPAxQn10.jpg
51KB, 444x604px
Evening, foxes!
>>
File: 1481323120274.png (105KB, 530x391px) Image search: [Google]
1481323120274.png
105KB, 530x391px
>>
>>170175218
I'd let you deliver me, anyday, namefriend- I-I, mean, miss Marsh.

You can't deny Chloe's eyes, can you, Kate?
>>
>>170175657
What do you mean under "deliver" him?
>>
Once again the shitposting fool who thinks Kate was in Westboro Baptist Church because "Running a voluntary club is being preachy and she's silently judging/condemning everyone"
>>
File: Chloe Strumming.png (738KB, 1280x814px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe Strumming.png
738KB, 1280x814px
I imagine Chloe singing this song in the weeks before the the game while she pines for Max, not realizing the irony.

https://youtu.be/QB1zXp-jz3s
>>
File: tumblr_om93ioI2Gu1vhxunoo1_1280.png (77KB, 506x568px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om93ioI2Gu1vhxunoo1_1280.png
77KB, 506x568px
Thanks to all the posters. <3
>>
>>170175657
Chloe's eyes were crafted in the image of God, like any other pair. I do not know what you mean by deny them. Her body is corrupted by sin. She's been overtaken by Satan's urges to lap at the basin of sour Sapphic scintillation that overflows between Max's legs because she denies Christ's love.

>>170175772
Preaching is done at a pulpit and by a preacher, not by a woman like me. Ovaries are a gift to be treasured and utilized with the lights off for approximately five minutes while Warren fumbles on top of his chosen mistress. Sublime ecstasy comes from God and pro-creation, not the rough tongues of Sapphic sluts and their storm summoning mistresses.

Go back to Tumblr, scum.

>>170176819
Your liberal tolerance destroyed Arcadia Bay.
>>
File: tumblr_olj2cyf2Gb1vhxunoo1_1280.png (170KB, 600x830px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olj2cyf2Gb1vhxunoo1_1280.png
170KB, 600x830px
>>170176819
dotsotbibimbap only has 2,000 followers? Wowsers. I thought a lot more people followed them.
Hopefully that number grows. The art is adorable.

Also one trained in the ways of the Chlorrito.
>>
File: tumblr_oeprrdkTAf1vhxunoo2_1280.png (527KB, 717x581px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeprrdkTAf1vhxunoo2_1280.png
527KB, 717x581px
>>170177603
It surprised me too. They deserve way more.

But the modesty in the excitement is all the cuter for it!

Hail the Great Chlorrito.
>>
>>170178054
I can't draw much so if I was uploading and 2,000 people were interested in it, I'd probably be pretty amazed and grateful too.
It's great that after all this time there's still artists going or appearing. Even if they make only a few images it increases the pool or material.
>>
>>170176147
I imagine this as Chloe's theme, in a way.

Being a punk/progressive in a hick town is awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuO3wwLuF0w
>>
How tall are the main characters? Is there an official measurement? I know there's a measurement on Chloe's room but no numbers are mentioned.
>>
>>170169179
>Do you know what an artist and a sniper have in common?
>Details
>>
>>170179965
Max and Rachel are 5ft 5in.
Chloe is 5ft 9in
Kate is around 5ft 4in.
Victoria's right around Chloe's height.
Tallest overall is probably Dana.
>>
>>170179965
Chloe: 5'9"/175cm
Max: 5'5"/165cm

Was confirmed on dev twitter.

The tall girls are around Chloe's height, +/- a bit, and the smaller around Max's, +/-.
>>
>>170096747
>Three threads in a row
Is it rare for threads to hit bump limit now? Been away for a while.
If so, I guess we'll just have to look forward to the next announcement about the show/sequel/whatever

>>170175772
Doesn't Taylor complain about Kate being 'preachy' or something like that when you talk to her at the courtyard tree? (Not that she's an excellent source of judgment, of course)
>>
>>170180302
>Is it rare for threads to hit bump limit now?
Yeah, usually we've hit image bump limit at around 600-700 replies these last months.

Images are good too, though!

>Doesn't Taylor complain
I do actually mean to remember some such remark, not sure whether it was Taylor or not. But as you say, there are the people that would take Kate's invitation posters as preaching. That's why they tag them with "Kate twerks for God".
>>
>>170179771
>Big Black
My black person
>>
File: tumblr_oegmmzjBXP1vhxunoo1_1280.png (202KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oegmmzjBXP1vhxunoo1_1280.png
202KB, 700x568px
"Max! That shooting gallery has a giant plush dog! Come on!"
>>
>>170180302
>Doesn't Taylor complain about Kate being 'preachy'
She does, but tthere's no evidence of it. That comment is probably just a member of the Vortex Club assuming 'If they're not with us, they're against us'.
The VC girls are bitchy and spiteful. They wanted to ruin Kate just because she was different and because they saw her actions at the party was hypocritical (They didn't know she was unwillingly drugged).
>>
>>170181547
My fellow black person <3

Chloe would like it. Kerosene reminds me of the junkyard scene.
>>
>>170181678
A few dollars and few rewinds later, and Chloe wins that dog
>>
What you gonna do? Jump?
>>
>>170181678
>every single shot she takes ricochets back to her face
>>
>>170182662
Trigger me timbers!
>>
>>170181818
She had to carry it around for the rest of the day at the fair, taking it with her on rides and such. (When the ride operators tell her it must stay off, she would insist Bongo - she's already named it - comes with them.)
>>
>>170182662
Not anymore. Michel has been vanquished so his illogical misfortunes no longer occur!
>>
>>170182876
Max wants a sweater, but she gets warm wearing it, so they put it on the dog. Same for whatever else they end up winning.
Damn, now I really want to play a Pricefield Amusement Park DLC
>Max and Chloe are on a Ferris Wheel at night
>Their seat gets to the top and stops
>They watch the fireworks from it
>"Jesus, Chloe. Could this be any more cliche?"
>"I don't think so. Not that I'm complaining"
>Kiss
>>
File: alicehiding.jpg (49KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
alicehiding.jpg
49KB, 620x349px
>>170173901
>>170174535
>>170176989
This isn't funny. It's just cruel and spiteful. Mommy is nothing like this.
>>
File: tumblr_noiztlqMnM1qi90n1o4_1280.jpg (152KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noiztlqMnM1qi90n1o4_1280.jpg
152KB, 1280x799px
>>170183475
>not: "Could this be any more cliche?" - "Yeah, like this..." - *kiss*

I'm with yout though: I want that DLC. And the idea that they plaster the dog with the stuff they pick up is hella adorkable.

Reminder there's this sweet amusement park fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/4650873
>>
File: Sad Chloe.png (64KB, 176x277px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Chloe.png
64KB, 176x277px
I want to play the game again but I know that it will kill my insides like it did the first time but I know it will be worth it but I don't know whether I should.

Even the main menu music gets me sad.
>>
>>170176819
Cute!
>>
>>170185425
Sad Chloe makes me sad.
She deserves all the happiness in the world.
>>
>>170185425
The main menu music makes me cry.

Do it, Anon. If you do, I will.
>>
>>170181945
Maybe
>>
File: tumblr_nsicr0FBVD1qewlzgo1_1280.jpg (82KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsicr0FBVD1qewlzgo1_1280.jpg
82KB, 550x750px
>>170185425
Do it and enjoy the good times in it very consciously.

Do it for love.

And we're here for you, if you need breaks inbetween or want to talk about anything at any time.

Or... you could stream yourself playing, and we could be in the chat supporting you!

>>170185618
Happy Chloe best Chloe.

>>170185682
I wanna replay too.

It would be cool if we could all play together. Like one of those interactive twitch things.
>>
>>170187049
Yes, it would.

I agree, he/she should do it consciously. I mean, I've played it through around six times, and every time I fall deeper in love with it.
>>
File: tumblr_oazubbYRQ51uidt0qo1_1280.png (1011KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oazubbYRQ51uidt0qo1_1280.png
1011KB, 1280x1152px
>>170187815
I've played four or so, and I also never seem to get tired of it. The opposite, same as you.

But now it's been quite some time since I've last played. Half a year I think. I'm overdue.

Maybe next weekend.

Arcadia Awaits Us
>>
I only played once and I'm not sure I could do a replay. Knowing how it all ends and how many things go unresolved or how unsatisfying the entire basis of the final choice is.
I'd rather just stick to the memories, my own ideas, and fics.
>>
I'd love to play again but whenever I start the game and see the main menu, I just feel like I'm not ready.
>>
>>170189573
I think that's a fair and good perspective to have too.

I just enjoy diving back into it, get too nostalgic not to, sometimes. With short collectible mode intermezzi or playing through in one linear go when I find the time.
>>
File: 1459367984237.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459367984237.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>
Max smells...
>>
File: tumblr_om8xcsqkaD1vc8rdto1_1280.png (3MB, 1160x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om8xcsqkaD1vc8rdto1_1280.png
3MB, 1160x1500px
>>170191989
This image kind of resembles that one.

>>170193187
...of summer.
>>
>>170190541

At least the main menu is nice to view and listen to then.
>>
>>170193369
That's great.
Rachel would really mess with them and comment on how gay and dorky they are.
>>
>>170195313
Dead girls can't given commentary.
>>
File: tumblr_npyqxsEIjj1u0w13ro1_1280.png (602KB, 1280x1086px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npyqxsEIjj1u0w13ro1_1280.png
602KB, 1280x1086px
>>170196630
She's clearly not dead there.
>>
>>170180689
Oh, I thought the problem was that the threads were just dying. The whole image-limit-before-bump-limit issue I was quite familiar with.
>>
>>170197330
Not really a sign of distress but some people just post images. If we really wanted to we could hit 250 early on and then just be text-based until hitting the bump limit.
But we're slow enough that even making a new thread after the image limit isn't hurting anything. If we were super quick still the I'd say go to 750 (regardless of image limit being reached) to be courteous and not have multiple threads up.
>>
>>170197330
Oh, yeah, thankfully that's not the case (yet)!
>>
File: C1-CkkdUsAEjyjR.jpg orig.jpg (401KB, 2500x1786px) Image search: [Google]
C1-CkkdUsAEjyjR.jpg orig.jpg
401KB, 2500x1786px
>>170197330
Ah, and welcome back by the way, anon!

Indeed, the next things we are looking at right now are the Episode 3 stream with Hannah, Nick and Joyce's VA (should have already happened in February), the live-action series (estimated release set for this year, and since it is going to be released episodically, it could be starting earlier into the year; odds are it's going to be positively atrocious though, so I'm not sure we could call it "looking forward"), Vampyr (I'm just mildly curious, and really don't see myself buying it), and of course the inevitable Season 2 announcement and teasers and all that good stuff.
>>
File: rachel's_muffins_are_huge.png (2MB, 1295x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rachel's_muffins_are_huge.png
2MB, 1295x1080px
>>170197175
>We never got to meet her
>Never got to bravely resist increasingly intense and brasen attempts at seduction
>Because no one ever turned Rachel down before
>Before long she's all but humping Max's leg for attention, all while Max innocently makes googly eyes at Chloe.
>And that's just the way Max planned it
>Because when you've got time powers, you can both bring people back to life and manipulate the fuck out of them
>>
>>170199972
I don't want to manipulate her or have her manipulate someone else.
I just wanted her to be friends with Chloe and Max and not die horrifically.
If Max can salvage Victoria and Frank, she can help Rachel realize the error of her ways.
>>
>>170199972
Maybe Season 2 will be about a bad person with time travel powers, in meticulous and subtly manipulative effort assembling their harem.
>>
>>170200424
>>170200867
>Implying manipulation with future knowledge is bad, and that it won't lead to a scenario all parties end up preferring
>>
>>170201414
Manipulation usually has a negative connotation.
I know you can positively manipulate someone, but the term usually used is motivate.
Max motivates people throughout the game. Showing them how they've done wrong and helping them realize how to fix it and become better.
>>
File: 1454515563338.png (189KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
1454515563338.png
189KB, 700x650px
>>
>>170202959
Chloe is hella cute!
>>
>>170203408
>>
>A piece I made for a scene from my FF collaboration with the amazing TomorrowHeart (Author of “Ouroboros”): “Play Crack The Sky”
>>
File: tumblr_omczipesTL1vn7nv5o1_1280.jpg (244KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omczipesTL1vn7nv5o1_1280.jpg
244KB, 1280x720px
>>170204464
Oh, there's a version without the hueg DA tag.
>>
What is even talked about in a general about a game that's over a year ago?
>>
>>170203773
Their smiles in that scene let me know everything is going to be alright.
It will be rough and have some really bad moments, but they will make it.

>>170204464
Nice. I hope Ouroboros updates soon.
Definitely one of my favorite fics though admittedly it's way too fluffy at times to be considered in-character all the time.
>>
>>170203408
She's also hella dead haha :)
>>
File: hzpmlS1rw8pg0o1_1280.png (514KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
hzpmlS1rw8pg0o1_1280.png
514KB, 1080x809px
Chloe is alive and no amount of bullshit tragedy or "Muh fate" could make Max give her up!
>>
>>170205215
>Chloe's abs
>Chloe's nail polish
>Chloe's condoms
>>
Reminder that Kate would not approve of Pricefield or any homosexual relationship. You may not like it, but that's how it is.
>>
>>170207818
Max wouldn't tolerate that shit. She'd confront her.
>>
>>170208150
They wouldn't be friends anymore, that's for true.
>>
>>170207818
That's why you save Kate, save Arcadia Bay, and walk off into the heterosexual sunset after a proper funeral.
>>
>>170208496
Who can Max get into a heterosexual relationship with besides Warren?
>>
>>170208619
JEFFERSON
>>
File: CGleT4pU8AAb-5b.png (540KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
CGleT4pU8AAb-5b.png
540KB, 600x598px
Kate is accepting of her friends and their relationship.
Max and Chloe are both adults and a real love between two women is better than a charade between a man and a woman.
K8 does not h8 and claiming otherwise is b8
>>
>>170209448
>Kate is accepting of her friends and their relationship.
Why would she be accepting of sin? Explain that to me.
>>
>>170209565
It's not a sin if it's between two women ;^)
>>
>>170208150
That doesn't change Kate's opinion of homosexuality.

>>170208619
No one. She's not heterosexual.
>>
>>170209565
Because they are her friends, and one of them saved her life and brought out the truth about what happened the night of the party.
That whole Kate clutching the bible and screaming "Sin!" is a meme and nothing more. Anyone taking it seriously missed Kate as a character or they themselves are dogmatic and are projecting it onto a character.
>>
>>170210504
>No one. She's not heterosexual.
But she's not 100% homosexual either.
>>
File: inline_ntgh8pLMbZ1s5s5zg_500.png (244KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
inline_ntgh8pLMbZ1s5s5zg_500.png
244KB, 500x500px
>>170210575
100% Chloesexual \(^ ^)
>>
>>170210554
>Because they are her friends, and one of them saved her life and brought out the truth about what happened the night of the party.
The endings won't make it work like that.

>That whole Kate clutching the bible and screaming "Sin!" is a meme and nothing more. Anyone taking it seriously missed Kate as a character or they themselves are dogmatic and are projecting it onto a character.
It's not a meme. It's basically a fact since she's religious. Why would she accept homosexuality? The Bible is strongly against that.

You're taking your headcanons too much into account, dude.
>>
>>170210575
Still not heterosexual.

>>170210743
Haha. I was waiting for a Chloesexual comment.
>>
File: Kate, I... .gif (2MB, 450x189px) Image search: [Google]
Kate, I... .gif
2MB, 450x189px
>>170210575
Implying she's over fifty percent heterosexual after all these moments with Macksu.
>>
>>170210798
Whatever. You want to keep boiling down characters to one trait with no flexibility that's your own problem.
But the truth is that Kate is not like that.
Her aunt is, and it's something Kate clearly dislikes.
>>
Are there religious people that accept homosexuals?

Yes.
>>
>>170211197
But you know it's an oxymoron, right? That's like the KKK accepting black people and Jews with open arms.
>>
>>170211360
What a wonderful world that'd be, huh.

>>170210743
That.

"Max, from one to Chloe, how homosexual are you?"

"Chloesexual."
>>
>>170211095
Max's relationship with Chloe would strain her friendship with Kate. They'd still be friends, but it wouldn't surprise me if Marsh didn't attend their wedding.
>>
>>170211925
Kate attended a high school party thrown by a club that was known to drink and do drugs, she even chose to have a drink herself.
She'll attend the wedding of the friend that saved her life and returned to her a hope she thought she had lost. Maybe she'd even officiate it.
>>
>>170211925
I mean, she doesn't agree with sex outside marriage, either, but I don't think she'd stop being friends with someone because of that, least of all Max, the woman who saved her life and loves her, and who she loves.

She'd definitely come to the wedding.
>>
>>170211095
>Her aunt is, and it's something Kate clearly dislikes.

Kate doesn't appreciate being called a slut, but she cares about attending a church that's on the more zealous side of the spectrum. Losing standing with her faith group is one of the reasons she decides to kill herself.
>>
>>170212636
>>170212716
You guys are using headacanons again.
>>
>>170211197
All religion means is the organize acceptance and worship of a deity (Or numerous).

It does not mean a set standard that all "religious" people automatically share. If that were the case then there would be only one faith.
>>
>>170210798
I'm honestly confused where you see anything in the bible about a loving relation ship being frowned upon.

In Genesis 19, the only instance of same-sex relations is where some men threaten to gang rape the pair of angels disguised as men in Sodom. So gang rape = not good.

Even more-so same-sex relations of the time period would be primarily seen between adult men and adolescent boys, via prostitution, and by men who were married. In all such cases, one could see where it would be called sinful, lustful, and excessive by God's law.

At no point is a relationship built around love, faithfulness, or commitment mentioned or referenced.

A christian, not one flanderized by stereotypes,but a faithful, learned christian would love and support someone regardless of sexual orientation, as their God and his Son preach.
>>
>>170212925
You're posting claims with no supporting evidence and where any evidence in the game contradicts the claims made.
Once again you want to just look at characters as one stereotype with no individuality, ignoring anything that proves your views otherwise.
Kate is not some pearl-clutching puritan. Her own actions show that.

Call it a headcanon if you want, I'll call you head-up-ass.
>>
>>170213258
You're taking what I'm saying like Kate would literally stone people for sin, but what I'm saying is she wouldn't be completely on board with it.
>>
>>170213565
And there is no evidence to prove that claim. You said she'd call it a "sin" or some kind of abomination just because she's told it is.
You're calling Kate a drone when what is shown is the opposite. She didn't like being persecuted and insulted for her actions at the party (Which to an extent were her own), so why would she want the same to come to Max and Chloe?
>>
File: cStRTZS.jpg (146KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
cStRTZS.jpg
146KB, 1000x1415px
Everyone stop bullying each other!

If there's one thing Kate doesn't approve of, it's bullying.
>>
File: tumblr_nx2dszJbug1u9grhgo1_1280.png (869KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx2dszJbug1u9grhgo1_1280.png
869KB, 960x540px
Sleepover at Max's room!
Pizza, movies, video games, and chatting! Alice can even come over and run around the floor and cuddle up with Lisa!
>>
>>170214247
I'm saying it's part of her religion. Homosexuality is a pretty big sin in almost all religions. And because of her religion she realistically wouldn't go for Max and Chloe's relationship. I doubt she would hate them, but she wouldn't really associate with them that heavily.
>>
>>170214504
You don't know that. Maybe she just didn't like being the one bullied. For all we know, Kate would be perfectly fine if someone else was the target. After all, she never speaks up about Alyssa or Daniel being treated poorly.
>>
>>170214805
I've brought this up here: >>170213206

Where in bible is a loving commitment between two people of the same sex considered a sin by its' own merits?
>>
>>170215192
d/a

Doesn't Leviticus mention it?
>>
>>170215192
Romans 1:26-7.
>>
File: 1485145355122.jpg (206KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485145355122.jpg
206KB, 1280x800px
>>170214247
She belongs to a Christian family that tells her she's going to hell and has shamed the family when a video of her making out with boys appears on the internet. Marsh expresses concern about what her church will think when talking to Max. She runs a Bible study group. Kate dresses in a conservative fashion. That's enough evidence that she belongs to a traditional religious group that considers homosexuality a sin and disapproves of homosexual relationships.

>>170214504
We're having a discussion about a character. That's what generals are for. If you don't like it, don't participate.

Have a cutepost

>pic related
>>
>>170216576
If she was that traditional she wouldn't have gone to the Vortex Club party in the first place.
Kate's beliefs such as how she dresses are her own, the club she runs is voluntarily and there's nothing shown to indicate it preaches and demands others quit what they are doing.
>>
File: Capture du 2017-03-05 23-24-43.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture du 2017-03-05 23-24-43.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just finished the game.

Why is Max so fucking adorable?

Why does the Vortex Club have so fucking phat beats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NShTPAlRy4k
>>
>Kate lost her will to live and faith due to lack of support and shunning from her family because of religious reasons
>Max supported Kate and saved her life and restored her faith
>Kate would not support Max, but shun her, because of her religious family background

Even in a world where you could make a case for Kate being an intolerant hardliner conservative, you'd have to take her for a downright horrible human being if you think that would happen.
>>
>>170218268
"Shun" is a strong word. She just won't support it, which could lead to tension in their friendship.
>>
File: 1487272503717.png (736KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487272503717.png
736KB, 1280x1280px
>>170217476
Welcome.

Max is the adorkablest!

Complete Vortex playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-ImETwL-w
>>
>>170218358
That was educating.

I'm not a Christian (secular), and all I knew was the issue of Greek translation, and wanted to see what you had to say. Thanks
>>
>>170218969
Believe it or not, I'm not christian at all. Just did a lot of reading and research because I didn't feel like letting my uncle take shit for being gay.
>>
>>170219241
No, you look at it too rationally than a believer would look at their holy book.

I was the same, but when I was in my mid-teens and very political, read up a lot, but gained other interests and the details are gone.
>>
>>170218590
How would it cause tension?
Max is her friend and didn't judge Kate, Kate would return the favor. Especially when it's clear Max went through a lot and has scars from it.
>>
>Sorry Max, I know you were there for me and saved my life just as I was about to end it but I cannot be friends with you because your relationship with Chloe is a sin.
>That's okay, Kate. Your god fucking sucks anyway. He gave me some kind of power and then tormented me with it at the end for using it. I've learned my lesson, fuck everyone and don't bother trying to help them.
>>
>>170219482
Max doesn't have a strong religious upbringing, it's a lot different for Kate.
>>
>>170218590
Maybe. I don't think so. I think she would stay firmly in good standing with Max, because she is shown as a nice, caring person that even forgives her parents and Victoria and has no problems associating with people that do not conform to her beliefs.

She would have to be a hateful person if she really felt even just slight resentment toward somebody that saved her life because their love for another person is not traditionally well-accepted in her religion. She would not strictly "support" or celebrate their relationship (until she's seen how perfect it is!), but I don't see it would create tension.

Stella is an Indian girl (i. e. likely not Christian, perhaps even of another belief) that takes drugs and says she would genuinely make a move on Jefferson, i. e. obviously does not agree with Kate's beliefs on pre-marital sex... and she is Kate's friend.

>>170219241
That's pretty admirable.
>>
>>170220034
I still don't see how that makes someone abandon or lessen a powerful friendship. Kate was friends with Stella, someone who uses a lot of drugs even if it's for the means of doing better in school. She's friends with Warren even though he watches some things that would certainly be frowned upon. And I believe it was Dana who convinced Kate to go to the party, so Kate is also friends with her to an extent as well. Max being a lesbian is arguably the least harmful of those.
Kate is not outwardly judgemental and if she is judging them internally it does not stop her from associating with them. At most she has a "Hate the sin, love the sinner" mentality but that doesn't stop her from being friends with those people. All it means is Kate chooses not to do those things for herself.
>>
>Tfw ywn taste Chloe's sweet candy vag
>>
File: tumblr_nwwvcrtzDH1rpc46to1_1280.png (733KB, 540x650px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwwvcrtzDH1rpc46to1_1280.png
733KB, 540x650px
>>
>>170222098
Geez, Max. Calm down.
Just wait until you get home.
>>
>>170217476
Love that song, I can just picture being at the Vortex Club when it comes on.
>>
File: 1476587414249.jpg (282KB, 1280x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1476587414249.jpg
282KB, 1280x1053px
>>
>>170220051
>Stella is an Indian girl (i. e. likely not Christian, perhaps even of another belief) that takes drugs and says she would genuinely make a move on Jefferson, i. e. obviously does not agree with Kate's beliefs on pre-marital sex... and she is Kate's friend.

That's different than being a non-heterosexual. Pre-marital sex is frowned upon in strict Christian communities, but it happens. Homosexuality is not accepted.

>She would not strictly "support" or celebrate their relationship (until she's seen how perfect it is!), but I don't see it would create tension.

Not supporting a friend's romantic relationship would cause tension between them. It would create problems between Kate and Chloe. They aren't close, share no common interests and live vastly different lifestyles. That's enough to cause friction. Kate frowning upon their relationship will cause an issue with Chloe, which will place Max in a difficult position.

>>170219241
I respect that and wish Christians stuck to the message of their holy book instead of proof-texting or standing by antiquated traditions that were put in place to propagate their flocks. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of Christian religious organizations, let alone the more fanatical like Kate's, consider homosexuality a sin.

>>170220772
Kate's motivations for attending the party are unclear. I was hoping for more clarity about them and why David was harassing her. Another instance of Michel failing.

>>170222119
Nice piece.
>>
>>170217476
You picked Bay or Bae?
>>
>>170223072
>Kate's motivations for attending the party are unclear
She wanted to experience typical teenage thing and try something different. She went there to have fun. It's not complex.
David was following her because he knew she was at the party and thought following her would present some kind of linkage to where the drugs in the school were coming from.
He couldn't directly pursue Nathan because the Prescotts apparently have a strong influence and sue anyone who goes after them.

Regardless of why Kate went to the party, that was something that contradicts her own morals. She even drank there and justified it as "Some wine just like at church".
>>
>>170223581
She didn't justify it. She said that it wasn't enough to get wasted, and she takes a sip at church and doesn't become wasted.
>>
>>170223780
Still indulging in a vice which would be frowned upon.
And you still didn't answer the question of why if Kate is such a fanatic, why does she associate and be friends with numerous people who do things that she would not agree with? Why would she even continue to go to Blackwell at all when it's clear it's some kind of hotbed of sin?

The answer is simple: Kate does not care. She does what she feels is right and leaves everyone else to live how they wish. it doesn't visibly strain her friendships or stop her from enjoying her time at Blackwell.
She has clubs where she meets with people who share the same beliefs/ interests.
Kate simply shows no signs of how you claim her to be, and "She's religious" does not prove a thing towards her being shallow enough to throw away friendships for stuff like two girls being together.
>>
>>170224445
The bible doesn't say "Thou shall not party.", but it does say a thing or two about two people of the same sex being together. And most people got wasted in the Bible anyway and didn't get damned to hell. Homosexual is something that is considered against procreation (And general degeneracy, but that's not the case right now.) which is what all organic lifeforms life upon.
>>
File: tbkh2ZR.jpg (132KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
tbkh2ZR.jpg
132KB, 1191x670px
>>
>>170207818
Reminder that Kate is a closet lesbian and she envies Max and Chloe for having such a perfect unattainable happiness.
>>
>>170225970
But from her familial and religious background, partying, alcohol and drug escapades, casual sex and such "hedonism" would absolutely be frowned upon and things she would actively avoid and shun, if she were as extreme as you assume her to be.

But not only does she not avoid that scene, she goes to school there and lives there, and interacts with these people on a daily basis, even went to a party herself. Is friends with people that do those things.

I think there is a disconnect, and Kate does feel herself torn to an extent, between this teenage world of Blackwell and her familial background and upbringing, a disconnect experienced from without but also as a sort of dissonance, within... but the she is just not characterized enough to really ponder on whether this is a deep, personal conflict for her or whether she is in fact really not all that bothered and subscribes naturally to a live and let live mentality. From what we do see, I really have to say the latter seems more likely.

>>170226418
In what ways are churches, and people, forced to accept it, exactly?

Is it really the hemisphere changing, or people and the church?
>>
>>170225970
To some, music and dancing is a sin. It's an older belief but still one that existed/exists.
To some sects of religions Kate would be considered a severe sinner. But not all religions/sects are the same which is why Kate is not restricted to a set of beliefs you are imposing on her and which she shows no evidence of having.

If Kate believes God does everything for a reason, and sent Max as an angel to her, then she would also understand why Max and Chloe love each other. Then there's the question of what Kate would say if she learned of Max's power and the circumstance under which it appeared.
>>
>>170226678
>If Kate believes God does everything for a reason, and sent Max as an angel to her, then she would also understand why Max and Chloe love each other.
She wouldn't to that extent. She would probably see Max as getting corrupted.
>>
File: 1487205570041.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1487205570041.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Reminder that Marshfield is canon.
>>
>>170226949
Corrupted by what? A power given to Max by some entity that is either God or something possibly beyond God?
Or did Tzeentch decide to make an appearance in Arcadia Bay and mess with a girl for shits n' giggles?
>>
>>170227018
I'm Kate/Rachel. Marber. Sorry.
>>
>>170227130
Satan, I guess.
>>
>>170227252
So Satan saved Kate? How would Kate react to that?
>>
>>170227579
The power Max was given wasn't exactly a gift.
>Kill the one you love or kill an entire town!
>>
File: HannahDayeanne.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HannahDayeanne.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>170227018
Will we ever see the voice cast cosplay as their characters?
>>
>>170227018
>VA shipping
Which one of them is the dominant?
>>
>>170227704
>kill an entire town
(._.) No.
If anything is linked to Max's power than it's just letting a storm happen. A natural event that could come at any time and that is shown to not even be that terrible.

>>170227764
There's pictures of Hannah dressed as Max.
>>
>>170227764
Dayeanne would look almost exactly like Kate, in-cosplay.

Same cannot be said for the other VAs, I don't think. Nick, Cissy Jones and Dani Knights perhaps with some effort, but Daye almost looks like Kate as is, lol.

Ashly did cosplay as Max once.

>>170228270
I've never seen those pictures. Sure you're not mixing her up with Ashly?
>>
File: 1453961063774.png (31KB, 612x180px) Image search: [Google]
1453961063774.png
31KB, 612x180px
wtf i love nik now!!!
>>
>>170228353
>>170228270
Oh, wait, yeah, I remember the picture of Hannah now.

She did not pull it off, to put it mildly.
>>
File: BasedNik.gif (4MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
BasedNik.gif
4MB, 320x213px
>>170228439
>wtf i love nik now!!!
>now
Nik's always been best boy.
>>
>>170227018
>>170227772
Hannah's right hand has a firm grip on Dayeanne's butt.
>>
>>170228691
I'd still put her in the series as Max.
>>
File: 1473756898955.gif (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473756898955.gif
2MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw we'll never see them again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
>>
File: Pricefield House Spin.webm (577KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield House Spin.webm
577KB, 1280x720px
>>170230296
We see them whenever we come here or when they appear in our dreams or thoughts.
They're not going anywhere.
>>
>>170230296
That just means Michel can't torment them any more.
>>
>>170232279
Here's hoping the new characters don't great treated as crappily
They probably will though but hopefully we'll be able to help them
>>
Can kind anon post the fanart of Chloe looking at Kate butt as she bend over to pick up her bible?
>>
File: 1441664681072.jpg (140KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441664681072.jpg
140KB, 500x1000px
>>170232970
>>
>>170233390
Thanks
>>
File: ChloeMaxCar-rb.jpg (156KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
ChloeMaxCar-rb.jpg
156KB, 490x700px
vroom
>>
>>170233390
BBBBRRRRRAAAAAPPPP
>>
File: eJwNy8sRw.jpg (35KB, 454x467px) Image search: [Google]
eJwNy8sRw.jpg
35KB, 454x467px
>>
>>170234740
That's a hella tiny car. How can you go on a roadtrip in that?
Two pirates need a much more fitting vessel.
>>
>>
>>170236203
Alice, ATTACK!
>>
File: 1483924379883.png (232KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1483924379883.png
232KB, 500x433px
>>170235557
no emoji!
>>
>>170235557
That fucking smug Rachel
>>
>>
>>170239982
Cute! Good way to start the morning
>>
>in Makers End
>office before the big meeting room
>computer screen message has an emoji :^]
>Sylen: its a slang from that era its supposed to represent their emotions
>"ugh I already hate it"
>look up VA its Ashley Burch
Is this an Easter egg?
>>
>>170241119
You are an easter egg!

(I think it may very well could be. More like a reference than an easter egg though, innit.)
>>
>>170241119
>>170241275
What game are you idiots even talking about?
>>
>>170241353
Horizon Zero Dawn. It has Ashly in it.
>>
>>170223092
Killed Chloe. Sorry Chloe but 1. you asked for it and 2. the whole game you died so it looked like your fate was to die :(
>>
>>170241584
Who does she play?
>>
>>170241589
It was her fate to live.
The simple fact Max got a power to save her means it was. Chloe wanted to live and be with Max more than anything.
So she shall.
>>
File: NO FATE.jpg (41KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
NO FATE.jpg
41KB, 640x359px
Chloe Must Live
>>
You're fucking kidding me.
See you in 3 days /lisg/. :(

Please live that long.
>>
>>170242327
Take care anon.

I will miss you, and keep the thread alive along as I am awake and on a PC!
>>
>>170241589
You picked the wrong choice, fool.
>>
>>
>>170241589

Well someone's not gonna get let into the Vortex Club VIP section.
>>
>>170241589
1. But that's wrong
2. But that's even more wrong
>>
File: 1485257161230.jpg (940KB, 796x3880px) Image search: [Google]
1485257161230.jpg
940KB, 796x3880px
>>
File: 1483879568204.png (117KB, 596x463px) Image search: [Google]
1483879568204.png
117KB, 596x463px
>>
File: 1483879691349.jpg (34KB, 662x476px) Image search: [Google]
1483879691349.jpg
34KB, 662x476px
>>170246074
>>
File: 1487168293858.png (330KB, 481x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1487168293858.png
330KB, 481x1338px
>>170246178
>>
Max is a pussy magnet!
>>
File: tumblr_ojkdw4jnUA1vhxunoo1_1280.png (182KB, 680x548px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojkdw4jnUA1vhxunoo1_1280.png
182KB, 680x548px
>>170246339
>>
File: 1463585252275.png (1MB, 1023x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1463585252275.png
1MB, 1023x1079px
Could anyone post pictures, that you think is the most well known/recognizable, of Victoria, Chloe, Max and Rachel please? Preferably with a transparent/white background.

Thanks in advance! The most recognizable picture for Kate is obvious
>>
File: michelk.jpg (41KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
michelk.jpg
41KB, 200x300px
>>170246415
They are all dead haha:)
>>
>>170246848
Nope. Kate booby trapped the entrance of their burrow with a crossbow just in case some awful person tried to fill it with poison gas. She's not letting any foul Frenchmen hurt her sisters or friends.
>>
File: 1486234624518.jpg (291KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486234624518.jpg
291KB, 1024x720px
>>170246415
>>
File: masked_michel.jpg (84KB, 534x356px) Image search: [Google]
masked_michel.jpg
84KB, 534x356px
>>170246848
>>170247337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzirfrSn_KQ
;)
>>
Michel did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Super Alice.jpg (65KB, 792x867px) Image search: [Google]
Super Alice.jpg
65KB, 792x867px
>>170247906
>>170248231
One more word out of you and I'll fry you with my heat vision.
>>
>>170246631
Pls respond, have this image as payment
>>
File: max_chloe_rachel.jpg (375KB, 1280x1153px) Image search: [Google]
max_chloe_rachel.jpg
375KB, 1280x1153px
>>170248342
>reminder that Chloe really wanted a threesome ending
>>
>>170246631
>>170093643
>>
>>170246631
>>
>>170250573
>>170250573
Chloe's basking in the morning afterglow
>>
>>170250573
>friendly reminder that Chloe thinks the thought of sex with all of you is disgusting
>>
File: katesfam_with_alice.jpg (55KB, 646x634px) Image search: [Google]
katesfam_with_alice.jpg
55KB, 646x634px
>>170093643
>>
File: michelsfam.jpg (129KB, 646x634px) Image search: [Google]
michelsfam.jpg
129KB, 646x634px
>>170251629
>>
>>170251629
>>170251784
It's good to see traditions passed on to new family members.
>>
>>170250573
I need something that I can make unicode art of like http://pastebin.com/ADNxHVu9 .. thanks for trying anyways
>>
>>170251629
>>170251784
>>170251826
Tradition goes a long way...
>>
>>170248231
Yes he did. Fuck off.
>>
>>170251616
Only tourists and turboplebs would be fetishizing Chloe and thus offended by this. Chloe is for Max.
>>
Could Super Alice stop a meteor from hitting Earth?
>>
Any games with a feel similar to LiS or Night in the Woods? Comfy, lesbians...
>>
>>170259987
Oxenfree.
>>
>>170259987

Gone Home.
>>
File: UppedContrast.png (127KB, 529x629px) Image search: [Google]
UppedContrast.png
127KB, 529x629px
I know people here have gone through the game files, so anyone know what Max's phone background is?

You can see it a couple times (maybe there's a part where it's clearer than this) but it seems like a young girl in Victorian clothing looking out of or into a window from a bizarrely narrow space.
>>
>>170261631
Looks like a monkey's sitting on Max shoulder while a train is rushing pass her to the right
>>
>>170262117
It looks like Kate looking at the wall with her shad behind her shoulder, and a train next to her.

Kind of Boroughs-esque.
>>
>>170262394
shadow*
>>
>>170262394
>>170262485
Could be a locker too instead of a train
>>
>>170262615
row of lockers*
>>
File: 1429386281460.jpg (35KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1429386281460.jpg
35KB, 400x330px
>half a dozen guys somewhere in France are drawing Season 2 concept arts RIGHT NOW
>>
>>170262117
My first impression was train or bus as well. I guess it could even be a horizontal surface like some kind of canal or dark road.
Whatever it is, it's going to really bug me...
>>
I just want Victoria to have a fulfilling life, living in sunny L.A, making the scene, and pursuing her career without parental negligence and unfair stress. Having developed her style, made her impression in galleries, on her way to opening her own art dealership.

Lying on her car hood, Taylor by her side, overlooking the beach and inhaling nice calming negative ions.
>>
>>170261631
>>170263564
I had actually never seen that, and probably didn't even register it while going through the game files either. You could use the camera mod to get a better look at it, if these shots weren't already achieved through that.

Or you could go through the files yourself, if it bothers you that much! There's a whole lot though, but perhaps it's aptly named and "background" or "screen" or something along those lines returns it.

Alternatively, you could try tweeting the one or more of the devs about it, with that image.
>>
>>170262805
and none of them will feature anything from season 1
>>
>>170264319
Good, I want a new cast anyway.
>>
>>170264407
Why? Life is Strange IS Max and Chloe.
>>
>>170265098
Yeah but it's almost possible to make a sequel without canonizing one ending or another.
>>
File: i had faith on you lisg.png (8KB, 1468x66px) Image search: [Google]
i had faith on you lisg.png
8KB, 1468x66px
WHAT THE FUCK
EXPLAIN THIS, /lisg/
>>
>>170260421
Played it already. Liked it a lot, not quite the same thing though, I forgot to specify "great cast", Gone Home only has 2 important characters basically.

>>170260314
I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Feel free to tell me more if you remember any.
>>
>>170265259
Yeah this is my concern with a sequel.
If it doesn't follow Max and Chloe, what is the connection point? It will use the time mechanics, but in a context that doesn't involve romantic drama at all? It will tell another story involving a 'risque' social matter, but this time it's what, gay men? A transgender romance? Just another set of lesbians?
Anything that doesn't involve progressing the Max & Chloe story just feels like a double-dip in a gimmick. The best I can hope for is a story set in Arcadia Bay but in another time period, like Fargo's season connections.

>>170265415
Fake news!
>>
File: 1450944109915.jpg (27KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1450944109915.jpg
27KB, 303x303px
>>170265415
>"boipucci"
>>
File: AnastasisKaiHZoe.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
AnastasisKaiHZoe.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>170265851
Shit, meant to reply to >>170265098, not the thing about canon endings
>>
>>170265851
I really doubt they would just make another pair of lesbians, that would make the niche official. And LiS without lesbians wouldn't work for me personally, nothing against gay men or het, it's just that lesbians allow you to self-insert in a qt grill and care for another qt grill. Perfect.
t. repressed translesbian
>>
File: 1xfRezF.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1xfRezF.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>170265654
>>170259987
>lesbians
With that, you (unfortunately) already limit the options to what, like a handful of games in existence at most? Last Of Us and its DLC could work.

Otherwise, Alan Wake kind of has LiS vibes. Obviously a darker kind of comfy.
>>
>>170266545
Played that too...
>>
>>170266054
>>170265851
Exactly. Chloe and Max have a special dynamic due to their gender, the tension and ambiguity that wouldn't have the same anxiety as het because it's obvious with het, and with gay men it wouldn't be ambiguous.

Fuck the people who complain about it being niche, just make it another lesbian couple. Life is Strange feels like a series about women and their relationships, romantic or otherwise.

>>170266165
Waifu-objectifying faggot, get out.
>>
S2 will have gay black dudes as main characters.
Screencap this.
>>
Season 2 better not have Max/Chloe again because I don't want them to suffer anymore.
>>
>>170266838
And then Michel will win the Oscar
>>
>>170266838
>Moonlight with time travel
>>
>>170267169
Their story is over and they can have their peace now - with us, and we ours with them. Dontnod understands this, and if Square doesn't, I will... do... something!

I'm already disgusted they sold the rights to a live-action adaption (the imdb description of still talks about Max & Chloe, by the way...) to Legendary in collaboration with some fucking hack gimmick studio.
>>
>>170266545
>Alan Wake
>comfy at all
hehe, sure
>>
>>170267565
I remember hearing 'there is never going to be a Star Wars 7, the story is done' until the job was transferred to a new studio, and 'there is never going to be a Halo 4, the story is done' until the job was transferred to a new studio.
So yeah, if 'the story is done' gets backtracked by Square, I won't be surprised at all.
>>
Where should season 2 take place?
>>
>>170270280
In Warren's room.

Seriously, though, Warren had interesting hobbies in science and cinema. I think he'd be a cool friend if he wasn't such a pressuring, overbearing, slightly creepy young fellow. I would have like to see his room.
>>
>>170270881
liked*
>>
>>170270881
Max collage wallpaper.
>>
listening to the soundtrack again and getting all feely

why can't i live in a failing beach town in oregon
>>
File: Oh Deer Diner.jpg (30KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Deer Diner.jpg
30KB, 600x338px
>>170267681
I find horror to be comfy, especially if it is with elements of supernatural, mystery and crime and investigation, and its setting is undoubtably comfy: the mysterious coastal small town in the heart of Oregon, complete with fishing facilities, diner, gas station, church, saw mill and so on, the innawoodsy locations, the little details of its world, the scripts to stop and read.

Obviously it is more of an action game, and not comfy in its pacing the way LiS is, but I wouldn't say it isn't comfy at all.

Another game to look at for a kind-of-LiS vibe would perhaps be Dreamfall.

>>170268413
Square as the only publisher among those dontnod reached out to that respected the integrity of their concept gives hope that they wouldn't compromise that integrity by milking its success and pushing for a continuation with Max and Chloe... but they did already do that live-action deal, without even including dontnod as an active participant in it, so who knows.

I hope dontnod remains firm in their position though, come financial hardships again or whatever. If there was ever a continuation of Max and Chloe's story, it should be exclusively because the creators behind them have some kind of artistic revelation and a story that comes from itself, is inspired by itself and its origins. Not as an afterthought of having to continue it.

>>170270280
Southern U.S., True Detective-esque.

Lush green nature, forlorn, run-down, over-grown architecture of the last century and reminiscent of the slave age, contrasted against an onset of industrialism and a more modernized, luxurized, normalized Southern "catalog" aesthetic.
>>
File: Bright Falls.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bright Falls.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>170271325
>coastal small town
>in the heart of Oregon
Well, those obviously don't go together. Lakesided or riversided is the word I should use.

>>170271109
>tfw
>>
>>170270280
A crackpot sequel that would still honor "we're done with Max and Chloe" would be to have a story in that exact same October week in the exact same place, but just following a set of characters who have nothing to do with Blackwell Academy through different locations in the bay. Like you'd be following your own unrelated plot and your only connection to what Max and Chloe were doing would be to see the snow, eclipse, etc. Would save them a few bucks on the general environmental assets.

>>170271109
But you can, anon. I've spent a long time exploring the PNW coast in google maps and judging the viability of different cities as a home.
>>
File: tumblr_olpcfxK2p21r93lo3o1_1280.jpg (315KB, 682x774px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olpcfxK2p21r93lo3o1_1280.jpg
315KB, 682x774px
Long necks are long.
>>
>>170271820
>But you can, anon. I've spent a long time exploring the PNW coast in google maps and judging the viability of different cities as a home.

found any good potential spots? seriously considering moving to the states once my education is over tbqh
>>
>>170273936
Do share, Anon, I second this.

I would like to live in the PNW, but I also just want to see some interesting shots.
>>
File: tumblr_odw5crwc0m1tq70alo1_1280.jpg (203KB, 1280x1326px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odw5crwc0m1tq70alo1_1280.jpg
203KB, 1280x1326px
>>
File: Bellingham.png (891KB, 1077x613px) Image search: [Google]
Bellingham.png
891KB, 1077x613px
>>170273936
I guess it depends on your career background and personal likings. I'm in training to be a teacher in the humanities (inb4 Jefferson), and I love rain, so my searching took me all around the Olympic Peninsula of Washington and the Puget Sound. I've heard rumors that Seattle is actually pretty run-down and unpleasant, so Olympia stuck out to me as a smaller-scale destination while still being shorefront and a major metropolitan area.
More pastoral Arcadia-ish towns that stuck out to me were Bellingham up by the Canadian border, which is the home of a major university; and Aberdeen out on the Pacific coast, the rainiest city in the contiguous United States. Both had comfortably low crime rates and not too small populations.

Disappointingly it seems towns which are sandwiched by shore and hills are quite rare, at least in Washington. I know that even Oregon's Tillamook area, which Arcadia Bay is based on, faces north-south in a lagoon rather than directly out to the ocean.
>>
https://youtu.be/k3Vvs23x__Q
>>
>>170276496
Aberdeen is an awful, boring hick town, with awful, boring hicks. It's basically unsuccessful and dead.
>>
File: garibald.jpg (99KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
garibald.jpg
99KB, 800x533px
Geologically, the Tillamook area is definitely the reference they used. Architecturally and environmentally, Bay City and Garibaldi seem to have been primary inspirations.

But those indeed do not seem all too attractive to move to, certainly not for young people starting career paths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUoLpnf5yNI
>>
>>170246631
>>170251998
Requesting for good pictures to make some unicode art with again and thanks
>>
>>170278040
A Max.
>>
>>170277696
Do you live in Washington?

>>170277835
Yeah I had a friend drive through Garibaldi a few months back and he said it was pretty shitty. But he praised Tillamook proper.
>>
File: 1487169258125.jpg (62KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
1487169258125.jpg
62KB, 600x630px
>>170278326
>>
File: tumblr_nou4n9BMlg1s2rjl5o1_1280.png (799KB, 1175x1318px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nou4n9BMlg1s2rjl5o1_1280.png
799KB, 1175x1318px
>>170278040
Hm... A Chloe.

No idea whether these are well-suited for code art or not.
>>
>>170278372
I grew up in Aberdeen, then I moved to Olympia (which is much more interesting, progressive and kinder). It has the whole punk/DIY aesthetic in its culture that attracted me.
>>
>>170278782
Wow... so I'm curious, did you feel LiS had a particular impact on you due to whole theme of Chloe wanting to 'escape' the small town for a better place?

On an unrelated note, I just noticed there is a 'Marshfield' in my home state of Massachusetts. Too bad there's no Pricefield.
>>
>>170278487
If Max eats too many snacks she'll get fat!
>>
File: ADPuQT8.jpg (320KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
ADPuQT8.jpg
320KB, 3000x1688px
>>
>>170278326
Cute!
>>
>>170279102
Yes, definitely. It's one of the reasons I love Chloe, and in particular Rachel and Chloe's subplot, because I relate intensely to the almost sad, desperate desire to escape, to somewhere, anywhere, anywhere but here.

"Mountains" resonates with me on so many levels.

Part of the reason I will defend Chloe to the death, specifically against David, is because, not only are macho Republican authority figures abundant in towns like that, but I feel there's a wider narrative of sexism there, of stronger men throwing their weight around, symbolically and literally, unaware of the social damage around them: Olympia has a firm riot girl history that I enjoy, and agree with, especially considering small-town sexism that the riot girl movement railed against.

Having feminist views as a guy was something I kind of enjoyed freaking dipshit Aberdonians out with, kek.
>>
>>170280137
>wait here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ADlRHgHMA
The rest is kind of shit
>>
File: 1454277596394.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454277596394.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>170281237
I definitely saw a wider theme of sexism with David too.

At latest in the confrontation on Wednesday morning, where he goes "women always team up" and calls them - including his wife - "punks" that he wouldn't have to take shit from or justify himself to. That's ridiculous, sexist asshole bullshit even disregarding that he was doing stuff that he would absolutely have to justify, like spying on young girls.

He is in a position of authority, and he harasses female students and spies on them, but leaves Frank and Nathan alone, even though he must have known they are drug-dealing douches at best. He busted Rachel for drugs, suspects Kate of the same, he fucking accuses Max of being a drug dealer, childishly, in the context of a meeting concerning the suicide (attempt) of a friend of hers no less, but he left Frank and Nathan alone.

He is a fucking coward that doesn't take on any of the bullshit men do around him, not to mention his own shit, and feels hurt in his pride or something because the cop department wouldn't take him, and he takes it out on weaker people, which is women. Until they are not weaker and you get kicked out, punk.

That all said, it's an unaware kind of sexism, and a kind of pathological one, and we know he cares; the narrative obviously makes a point of establishing that he does care, does redeem himself to an extent, and even admits to some of his flaws. Though still, I sympathize with defending Chloe against him strictly, and condemning some of his behaviour decidedly, requiring him to be the one seeking help and to better himself.
>>
>>170283229
Not to mention if you hide in the closet and then don't intervene in the ensuing argument over the joint, he actually hits Chloe. I got that in my first ever playthrough and it certainly colored my opinion of him for the worse.
>>
>>170283471
I luckily never got that, so I warmed up to him more quickly.

And while it is something we see he regrets, and that I have no reason to assume was a regular thing by any means, I absolutely wanted to slap him when I saw that shit.

He's also so fucking childish sometimes. And he is canonically not the brightest man, to say the least.

But I also don't want to only beat down on him: he is a "good man", that much the narrative implies. I do think he helped Chloe, in more than one respect. I do think they must have had better times too, at least some better moments between them. They managed to live with each other, that's more than you can say for many families. And he does of course come around, to an extent.

We know he cares, and you could argue that he cracks down more on female students because he wants to protect them, keep them from a path he saw Chloe go, and since he seemingly couldn't reach her, he did try to reach others as proxies. But this part is speculation. Maybe he's indeed also victimizing them to an extent, to escape his own "victimization" in society as an ex-vet that doesn't get help, not even a proper job.
>>
>>170283851
To add: I symapthize to an extent with his attitude in that scene in Episode 1. Chloe had literally stolen a gun off of him, and that is serious shit that less militaristic people than him would take more drastic measures than he did to try and retrieve the gun. Justifiedly so, I may say.

Obviously still doesn't justify his specific behaviour, let alone physical violence. He also got physical with Max in that scene, which upset me as well.

And another thing to add for the sexism topic: We see him cry and seek comfort in Joyce's arms at the end of Episode 2, so he shows weakness to, and seeks strength in women, as well. Literally leaning on her shoulder. That just to defuse the notion that his character had that decidedly a sexist narrative.
>>
>>170284956
Ha, no, it isn't. Having a wife he cries with doesn't prove shit. It just means he's comfortable with a traditional homemaker making him emotionally happy.

He didn't know she had stolen it, by the way.

>>170283229
I totally agree. I think you nailed it.
>>
>>170285543
>He didn't know she had stolen it, by the way.
They both knew she had. One of his guns is missing, the cabinet that houses them not broken, but neatly locked again. Who else would have taken it?

And with that, again, less aggressive people would have taken more aggressive measures. Like calling the cops on her. Which would actually be his legal and moral obligation. As we know, the gun, which is his responsibility, could have actually ended up causing a lot of suffering and actual death in the course of the week. Much of it would be on him, legally, morally.

And crying in Joyce's arm doesn't necessarily prove anything. Sexists cry too, sure. But I think the narrative suggestion is obvious. If they had decidedly wanted to portray him as anti-women, and explicitly in this context of power dynamics, I don't think they would have included that theme.

Spoken for him as a person though, sure, perhaps we wouldn't use that to absolve him to any extent of his - however latent or pathological - sexism.

I am all of those posts by the way. Just so you know David grindsmygears as well! I got him kicked out, and while I think this will actually help their family situation in the future (they all survived, ok), I did so gladly. Chloe so deserves a few weeks without that guy at home. Just her, Max and Joyce. Like the old days. Would be a great time.
>>
>>170286324
>that theme.
*that scene.
>>
>>170286324
I think Chloe needed to be apart from David so that they could both grow as people, before they could bond as a family
>>
>>170286324
Speaking of knowing about Chloe's shenanigans...
On my most recent playthrough, for the first time ever I checked the voicemail and noticed the message from the cops about breaking into the Blackwell Pool. I erased it.
In subsequent episodes, Chloe had an e-mail from the police about the break-in and Joyce even texted me about it. The strange thing is, from all my previous playthroughs I didn't remember that break-in being brought up again.

Am I just misremembering, or does messing with the voicemail actually cause the further stuff about the break-in?
>>
>>170286684
Yep.

David has to see 1. how much he cares about his family and does not want to be without them, 2. that he was doing them very wrong, and 3. that he has to better himself before he can try and help make better other people, like Chloe. And not even an abstract "bettering of himself" - he literally has PTSD-related issues and those need to be professionally treated, because they spill into one's entire life. His militaristic attitude and emotionally uncontrolled aggressiveness seem to be clear remnants of not being able to let go of war, where there exist precisely those volatile, intense emotions such as fear of death, that you cope and combat with a rigorously structured routine, following of rules, discipline.

He tries to apply that to his civil everyday life, and to his attempts to get to his step-daughter, and it obviously fails, because this is not war.

>>170287302
I'm actually not sure on the specifics on that, and don't really remember the e-mail... but I do know that David defends her and covers for her against the allegations in either case.

(Which is one of the ways in which David helps and presumably did help her out in the past as well, as her "David will not let me into the hands of the local police" comment suggests.)
>>
>>170287596
Probably because of his reputation and he knew it would hurt Joyce. He didn't give a shit about Chloe, and I think the tearful scene in the darkroom was your typical "he dindunuffin" pandering because God forbid a character go without a redemption arch!
>>
>>170288529
I think that's pretty harsh, but it's your prerogative I suppose. Especially with your personal back-story...

I do think he gave a shit. This was not a sudden arc - we saw glimpses of his caring side from the get-go, have conversations as soon as Episode 2 where he seems earnest and caring, and there's lots that could be argued even for his assholish, sexist, douchey behaviour (stupidity, childishness, ignorance, traumatic illness, pathological complex of wanting to help Chloe; "tough love" and it translating into "helping" young girls in general).

It's possible this caring is a pandering (because I guess there kind of are hints and pieces that suggest that, perhaps, originally, dontnod did want to tie him into the Dark Room narrative, helping Mark and Nathan get to their victims...), but it made him a decidedly better character, and one that I think does a pretty believable job of showing a troubled yet loving man with his own important themes (such as PTSD), while still showing the problems that are personal flaws and that others have to suffer due to unfairly.
>>
>>170289446
>tfw in the Zeitgeist Gallery timeline busting Jefferson made him rethink his life and he reconciled with Chloe
God fucking damn it Michel.
>>
File: 1464706841782.jpg (187KB, 1080x866px) Image search: [Google]
1464706841782.jpg
187KB, 1080x866px
>>170290080
Obviously it is kind of shoe-horned, but both that and the fact that she calls him "step-father" on the cliff - i. e. that it cannot have been so bad when she comes to kind of accept him in the course of a week - has always also made me think better of David, and has me assuming they did have better moments as well.

(One of such moments maybe being that David got her the truck: They went to the dealer together and she picked it out as a totally punk rock truck - but really it is that she wants to feel the safety of a big car because of what happened to William, and it was the biggest car within the budget there -, and David was not impressed, but ultimately gave in, and Chloe was genuinely happy there for a moment. David gave an awkward smile and a tap on her shoulder or something, making a jokingly-deprecative remark about the truck when she got in it to drive it home and later that evening defended Chloe's choice against an expectably apprehensive Joyce.)
>>
Where's all the good fap material?
>>
>>170291267
Fucking kill yourself, snivelling pig.
>>
File: Unamused.jpg (68KB, 785x960px) Image search: [Google]
Unamused.jpg
68KB, 785x960px
>>170291267
Hola Jefferson
>>
>>170291138
That's a dumb headcannon, mate.

She says it in a moment where she looked at her own fate, and decided she needs to die, at a point where her self-esteem was awful, and she saw herself as a burden; obviously she starts self-deprecating, and calling her "rivals" better names than she would have had she had better esteem.

David is a gross character, a caricature of an abuser that was stupidly made sympathetic. Don'tnod missed one vital point: victims of abuse don't give two iotas of a shit about what "they have to deal with", nor should they.
>>
>>170291342
I agree, but "snivelling" is such a cute word tho~

He's a... sweating pig. Ok, maybe that isn't as effectful.
>>
>>170291342
>>170291524
So you're just gonna keep it for yourself then?
>>
File: tumblr_nsz4jhLzip1su3i2co1_400.jpg (71KB, 400x537px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsz4jhLzip1su3i2co1_400.jpg
71KB, 400x537px
>>170160214
I think perceiving every male character in the game as a creep says a lot more about the player than the game. There is at least one possible and reasonable interpretation of each one that doesn't make them a creep. Except Jefferson, obviously.
>>
>>170292102
> There is at least one possible and reasonable interpretation of each one that doesn't make them a creep
Reminder that Warren literally complains to Max that her language suggests she "won't be having sex with [him]" if you choose the right options in Ep 1
>>
>>170291985
Again, your prerogative. I agree that it was her low self-worth breaking through to her in that scene and playing into her desperation, to an extent... but I really can't see how that would make her say "step-father" and say "even he deserves her". It seems genuine to me.

And he's more than a caricature of an abuser from what I see. He is a fairly complex character. I don't think dontnod made the point that Chloe should give a shit about what David has to deal with. Joyce's suggesting along that line is if anything an exploration of her human flaws, rather than a suggestion that they think Chloe should try and understand him. I mean, preferably she would, it would not be to their relationship's detriment, but as I've agreed, it is absolutely him that needs to straighten himself out and stop being a borderline (and at times outright) abusive douche.
>>
>>170292102
Nathan was a psychopathic bully, Warren was a manipulative creep, David was a fucking joke, and Jefferson was perverted.

I think the only thing wrong with that article was Daniel. Poor Dan, he was an outcast who saw a friend in a fellow outcast like Max. That wasn't creepy.
>>
>>170292048
>>>/u/
>>
>>170292653
Nathan was a neglected and poorly parented, mentally ill person.
Warren was an awkward boy with a crush.
David was a dickhead who cared about his family and was stuck in the past.

>Poor Dan, he was an outcast who saw a friend in a fellow outcast like Max. That wasn't creepy.
Exactly. If you can see Daniel as a creep, then your interpretation is a bit weird. If you see every male character like that, then you're just a misandrist.
>>
>>170292653
He does criticise Max as being 'too ashamed' to let him draw her, which isn't cool.
>>
>>170293094
Oh, fuck off, you manbaby.

It isn't misandry, and those characters are creepier than what you say, and your rationalization is obliviously misogynistic.

Don'tnod intentionally put pathology behind Warren, his insistence, lack of empathy, opportunism, dark interests, and lack of respect for boundaries. Max felt she couldn't outright turn him down, and as the nightmare suggests, that lack of feeling of autonomy is worrying.

Nathan and David's characterization is so woefully simple, it's like I triggered your MRA victim complex.
>>
>>170293094
>he killed rachel through drug complications, then went on to use the same drugs on kate and chloe
>oh poor boy, let me give you a hug, now everything's better
tumblr fanfic tier character interpretation to be honest
>>
>>170293392
Definitely. I just think her specific criticism was way off.
>>
>>170293653
I think you're very confused about what mental illness really entails.

>>170293548
When did we start having Tumblr kids in here? If you're triggered by an online forum then you should probably leave. And maybe stop hating men.
>>
>>170293548
>his insistence
He can accept Max's rejection. Albeit a bit butthurtedly, he writes that he understands she is with Chloe.

>lack of empathy
He literally comforts Max and Alyssa in very distressful moments.

>opportunism
Whenever Max tells him no, he accepts this. On Tuesday night, on Thursday after the Nathan confrontation.

>dark interests
Well, sexual interests. Pretty normal.

>lack of respect for boundaries
He does not break boundaries. Waiting in front of the dorms is not really a boundary. I mean, another guy was literally in the dorm.

>Max felt she couldn't outright turn him down
Well, she did though.

>and as the nightmare suggests
The nightmare is more allegorically intended than worthwhile as a psycholigically precise characterization of Max. There are some things in there that just do not have to do with her mindset anywhere in the game. Her fear of men specifically is a shoe-horned, forced allegory on the coming-of-age of a girl and the relation to men in that, both as people with authority and as a sexual theme. Max does feel iffy about him, but not that iffy. She does not feel threatened by him, he helps them on more than one occasion in the story, and she appreciates the help.

>characterization is so woefully simple
We'll have to disagree on that.

I don't think these are stand-up, proper guys. I have a good understanding of their flaws and actually dislike plenty about them, find hardly anything that makes me care about them at all. But the game does show greys in characters, male and female. These are not simply "bad men". What would the message with that be, what are you trying to say? That men are bad?

>>170293653
I don't think the anon was justifying any of what Nathan did, but giving a characterization that shows he does not do those things as a "man" and because he is a "man", but that he's sick for other reasons. Personal, and interpersonal reasons, biographical reasons. Not reasons of gender.
>>
>>170294272
>tumblr meme

When did we start having MRA's who ignore the post and scream, "LOL TRIGGERED!!" at the sight of any liberal views.

It isn't misandry, doofus. Try actually giving a counterargument.
>>
File: DSC_00194.jpg (52KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_00194.jpg
52KB, 1280x960px
sup /lisg/
new news about season 2?
>>
>>170294884
I had to google "MRA". I don't really get it.

>"LOL TRIGGERED!!" at the sight of any liberal views.
There's nothing liberal about antisocial levels of idpol. Once you get so into identity politics that you get upset over everyday situations then you're already well outside the bounds of liberalism.

>ignore the post
>Try actually giving a counterargument.
You're emotional to the point of getting upset over the word "misandrist". You literally can't deal with very reasonable alternative interpretations of fictional characters. Why would I ever bother arguing with you? I don't respect you.
>>
>>170294778
That, for women, men often have a level of entitlement towards relationships, hence "friendzoning", "cocktease", "nice guys" and such. The point was that there are dangerous men in abundance that women have to deal with pretty regularly.

If you can't step out of your identity in fiction, I suggest you shave the neckbeard, pop your head out of your ass, and stop being a pissbaby.

He doesn't accept it. He asks her multiple times, and is obviously oblivious to her discomfort.

He opportunistically shuts Brooke down when Max says yes, and then goes back on it if you refuse. It's basic opportunism.

His Cannibal Holocaust and watching of Kate's video is dark, and coupled with everything else, suggest sinister personality traits.

He claims Max owes him, asks her repeatedly, and if you think the very real fear of men for women coming of age is just shoehorning, you probably lack eyes.

>>170295659
Oh, how convenient. Tone policing really doesn't do anything, in fact, you totally ignored the post to call me triggered, which I wasn't. I don't give a shit about your interpretation, and me not liking yours doesn't mean I can't handle any.
>>
>>170296186
Tumblr: The Post
>>
>>170296583
Dank Meme: The Reply
>>
>>170296186
>Oh, how convenient.
It's not convenient - I just genuinely don't respect what you have to say.

>Tone policing
Don't know what that is.

>triggered, which I wasn't
Sure thing, bruv. Is that why you keep calling people "crybabies" and "pissbabies"?
You should learn to disassociate from opinions and stop getting emotional.

>me not liking yours doesn't mean I can't handle any
You told me to fuck off and called me a woman-hater, so I don't buy that.

>>170296583
Bingo.
>>
>>170296186
>The point was that there are dangerous men in abundance that women have to deal with pretty regularly.
I would even accept this, and in the game undoubtably more of the "danger" stems from men... but there's also dangerous women, and benign, helpful men that actually save women, in one way or another. This is not a gendered characterization of life - obviously it is "gendered" in that women experience the world differently from men, and Max is a woman. But the issues and themes are universal, the greys and flaws of these characters are.

>step out of your identity
How is this relevant? Besides my identity not all being what you make it out to be.

>He doesn't accept it.
He writes her a message that literally reads he "gets it", and after that, I don't remember much pursuing.

>It's basic opportunism.
And when he helps her on Tuesday and Thursday, he does so without insisting he gets anything in return.

>just shoehorning
I'm not saying it is just shoe-horning. But to the extent they did in the nightmare, it is. Warren and David saved her, they can be in rather good standing with Frank, she at least doesn't completely despise Nathan after learning of his issues, she comes to know Wells as a better man in the dormyard and at latest in the Gallery... and yet, they all appear as fear-inducing figures. That is not Max's psychology, it is coming-of-age allegory, and no, not every girl growing up comes to the conclusion that "all men are scary and want to hurt me".

>oblivious, suggest sinister personality traits
I agree. While he is an awkward crushing boy, I do think he is more concerning than that. And again, I do not "like" them. Warren is benign and boring at best, Nathan is a disgusting psycho-prick and an actual pissbaby, David is childish and stupid. But they all have other sides as well, are human and pretty complex characters. And they are not merely "bad men". If you think that, I have to doubt the existence of your eyes.
>>
>>170297336
>there's also dangerous women
to be honest the danger posed by the women is completely laughable compared with that posed by the men. The worst case is the repeated bullying of Kate, which turns out to only be an offshoot symptom of the men drugging, abducting, and photo-raping her.
>>
>>170298294
Women murder, too, and can blackmail like Victoria did with Jefferson, and viciously harass and bully people to suicide.
>>
>>170299238
>was there any female murderer in the game?
nope
>>
>>170298294
I wouldn't say "laughable" (with Joyce, Rachel, Kate's mother, her aunt, Victoria & crew, there are definitely themes touched upon in the game that are definitely serious issues in real life), but I obviously cannot disagree that in the game, more often women are victims than men.

Then again, the men are victims in their own, if more subtle ways. And anytime anyone has ever tried to argue the game is misogynistic, I can't help but find that pretty ridiculous, seeing as how it is a story about two women, their strong bond, their strength, their agency, its prime objective being to make us care about them. I think anything can be interpreted to be anything, but it seems very clear to me that there was no misogynist (nor misandrist or at all "gendered") intention for the devs. It's just pretty damn authentic, good storytelling precisely because of its unpoliticized nature, not making any actual commentary that I'd see. Showing a believable world with mostly believable characters.

>>170298889
We've talked about fucking everything together!

Of course I have sympathy. Always for you. Well, you know what... "edge" in your view on LiS I do actually not (and, in as much as it expresses itself more extremely, in frustration, sometimes: vehemently not) sympathize with.

And I thought you were a brit.
>>
File: guilty_of_premeditated_murder.jpg (177KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
guilty_of_premeditated_murder.jpg
177KB, 500x525px
>>170299668
Well, actually, there is one female murderer...
>>
>>170295246
None.

>>170298889
Oh, and that cutepic. Well, it's not really "cute" per se, but it's the suggestion that he was a truly loving father and his love lives on in Chloe, not least because for the most important, formative years of her young life, he was there for all of them.
>>
>>170299680
I am, originally.

I was born in the UK, lived for ten years, moved to Aberdeen because of family, and them moved the fuck out at eighteen. I'm twenty, now, and moved back to good ole' boring England a few months ago.

I am a wordly man, like, totally, duuuuuude. Daddy-O, let's get rekt at the dang proper society of learned dudes, sister.

Oh, I know what you like about me, and I love you for pretty much everything you contribute. We're both Warren-analysing, Chloe-loving, diehard fans of this story, baby.
>>
>>170300563
Quite the life story!

I've actually moved twice myself, with my family. Albeit not outside of the nation's borders (but I have family in other countries that we'd - and for some of them still do - visit with almost yearly frequency, for most of my life, so I'm not all that boring myself).

And yeah man, know you are not a misandrist or whatever. As I've said, I do sympathize with a fair share of your aversion towards these male characters. And it's cute that you get so serious about it that you forget your own mind for character nuance over it. (It's also cute that you can't comfortably greentext on your device, and so go without it most of the time.)

And we so are. We are likely two of the most crazy LiS diehard fans out there, and we are combined in that love here (with a few other crazies, one of which is apparently gone for a few days right now) - if with a bit shifted points of obsession (we love it all, obviously, very dearly in fact, but I'm more Max and Pricefield-sided, you more Chloe and... well, you also love Pricefield, but at times and in parts for different things and in different ways than I do).
>>
File: 1454472102459.png (207KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1454472102459.png
207KB, 500x625px
>>
>>170301978
Hey, the most interesting people are usually those who have stayed in one place, and thus have created their own world of thoughts, ideas, writings, and feelings to explore.

You find it cute that I can't greentext? You are adorable, you know that. Totally endearing and wonderful to talk to, to share in my dedication. You are one of the best, most articulate posters here, and I feel giddy when I talk to you.

Our love shall last. Forever.

Also, I was playing GTA 5 and I thought I saw Victoria so I posted this >>170263708

I love Victoria and ship ChasePrice, if you didn't know. <3
>>
File: postSin.jpg (619KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
postSin.jpg
619KB, 1024x768px
>>170303701
>chaseprice
Completely filthy ship, driven by the union of lust and antagonism.

I approve.
>>
>>170304202
It also has two deeply insecure people, who are quite domineering, clashing, which is interesting.

Chloe is a bit less aggressive than Chase, though, and she's more delicate and would probably get all flustered around her.
>>
File: c'mere.gif (1MB, 256x159px) Image search: [Google]
c'mere.gif
1MB, 256x159px
>>170303701
Oh, such nice things! You get one of these headrubs again, for that.

You are also one of my absolute favourite people to talk to here. Sometimes I want to kiss you... and others I would grab you and put you in a headlock!

It shall.

I actually used to crush on Vicky, so there's that. And kind of "shipped" her with Max for quite a while, as a guilty pleasure. Probably to a significant extent for just that reason.

I for one do not approve of that anymore, let alone Chaseprice; it doesn't do anything for me (anymore) - the opposite, really: I'm too diehard Pricefield, romantically invested and connected to the two of them together to a frightening degree (like, surrogate-love-life-levels)... but I can see the appeal. Even in Chaseprice, although it's an absolute madman crackship.
>>
>>170304993
>crushing on Victoria
Not to be rude, but what's the attraction? Physical, or her behaviour?
>>
>>170304993
Oh, that gif! It's such a beautiful gesture, Anon. I love you.

I thought I was strange for wanting to kiss you, but I really feel so much affection, I could give you a tender lip kiss.

I definitely feel like I've cheated on Pricefield when I indulge the lust of Chaseprice, and I similarly feel a surrogate love-life feeling, too, but I never self-insert.

M-maybe we should start d-dating, or s-something, baka, and fill the gap... Not that I'm attracted to your lovely writing style, sexy snark and soulful dedication... N-no.

Have you watched the abridged series of LiS? Fucking keklarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6txUcVs_5s
>>
I want to bully Victoria until she cries!
>>
i cant even think of this game again without crying
how do you people live here
>>
File: NO BULLY!.jpg (221KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NO BULLY!.jpg
221KB, 2000x1000px
>>170307568
Stop it or leave. That behavior isn't welcome here.
>>
>>170306413
I've offered you that gesture before, once, if you remember, quite some time ago!

Kissing is pretty great; alas, I'm afraid we'll have to keep it in virtual gestures, because not only are we separated by land, you know I'm too straight. Well, I would probably kiss you anyway, and fuck, probably even "date" you, as in, go on silly dates and be intimate bros with tons of caring and loving homoerotic tension... but we'll have to keep it a /lisg/ love. Or we get steamy, and add each other on steam or w- whatever. But maybe our love belongs and has its charm here. So for the time being, as /lisg/ still exists and as we are not getting banned for it, maybe keep things good, how we know they are good, how they are?

It wasn't strictly self-insertive for me either... but kind of. More than I'd ever done before. Romantically inserted into fiction, that is. But I couldn't help it, it entered my feelings and dreams. And then increasingly created a dissonance, clashing with my feelings for Pricefield that grew greater by the day. And then it thankfully succumbed, eventually, leaving me with romantical clarity of pure, unadulterated Pricefield.

I have seen the abridged series (well, the most popular one I think, not sure whether there are more), but hadn't seen that parody video. It's pretty atrocious. ...And also a little funny. <3 :p
>>
>>170305717
I used to talk more about it. Months and months ago.

Well, appearance obviously plays into it. She has a rather elegant beauty. Beyond conventional, a more traditional beauty. Which is especially interesting and enticing a look contrasted against the short hair. I am into tomboyish types, and an aristocratic taste to it is pretty sexy. And don't they say we are into people that resemble us? I look kind of similar, share the general features. Likewise on the surface, I guess I also enjoy the stereo-type of the posh, aloof characters.

But more than that, it's her insecurities and vulnerabilities and quirks, the kind of adorable exasperation and desperation, her isolation and frustration, and to an extent infatuation, that shine through. A sad lack of and yearning for nurture. In a way, it wouldn't be wrong to say someone could care for or get infatuated with Victoria for similar reasons one could Chloe. Even though they are obviously rather different personalities with rather different lives and life stories, they share some complexes.

Anyway, she has her cute moments and lovable sides, and I guess it also started simply due to being able to break through to her, and the endearing way in which Max did, a certain type of intimacy with not only a stranger, but a contentious one. First it was just an interesting idea of a romantical dynamic - i. e. the meek nerd girl and popular posh girl - and I only later developed actual feelings and an investment that had me explore it and her more, not least in fanfiction.

And apart from that, she is a pretty interesting character just in her own right. There's more to her, Max understands this, and the game encourages us to find out, ask questions, investigate, connect dots, fill gaps. Which is a process that connects you to characters. So snooping through her room was an intimate, bonding experience, in a way, lol. I'm sure the dreams I've had about her helped fan the flames. But... it's pretty much burned out.
>>
>>170307568
>not wanting to be nice to Victoria, be her one true friend who stands by her while a series of random accidents befall her, and she drives all her other friends away. Eventually she realises how horrible she's been, cries in your arms, promises to be a better person. And subsequently becomes your puppet to rule over as you see fit, because you engineered all those bad things, instigated little scenarios to drive her friends away, left her with no one to rely on but you. But you're so very nice to her, and it's actually helping her: Externally she seems like a good mirror universe version of her old self. Spock without the beard if you will. Then you get in private with her, and she drops to her knees, fishing at the zipper to your jeans desperately. She wants the reward to which she's become accustomed. The smile and the pat on the head. The whisper that she's done a good job. And she knows the best way to get it is to be nice to everyone at school and treat your crotch like an ice-cream sundae.

Lack of vision to be honest.
>>
>>170310937
Fuck off.
>>
>>170310937
L- lewd.

You are one persistent Vickyfriend, you know that?

I have to know, are you by any chance Nova?

>>170311106
R- Rude.
>>
>>170310937
>>170311441
>Vickyfriend
No true friend would treat someone like that.
>>
>>170310053
I remember!

Oh, I definitely want to keep it here, in its charm, its natural fertile environment, and with a direction for our bonding conversations. I suppose, eventually, we could trade social media information, but why is that necessary when we have /lisg/?

I wasn't really serious about dating... Or at least, I was just teasing you with the idea.

I first was consumed by a burning love for Pricefield, and I literally nearly got myself killed through being unable to eat due to the depression. I vomited, and this lasted everyday for a month. That sounds like nothing, but everyday, consumed by a pit of sorrow in your stomach, is exhausting and frightening. I was traumatized by watching the bay ending.

It phased into a more intellectual appreciation, less destructive. I've been on this thread since March 2016. My love of Chloe originally was a romantic love, and appreciation for her situation, but that clashed with my narrative comprehension so I decided to sacrifice (ha) that infatuation for balanced admiration.
>>
>>170311441
>I have to know, are you by any chance Nova?
No. (life is triangular when!?)

But that's sort of how I played Max ingame with her reactions to Victoria. Or a less lewd version thereof. I wanted to get her friends away from her, since they just enable her horrible behaviour, and have Max be a good influence on her. Even if I had to secretly do nasty things in order to facilitate that.
>>
Victoria did nothing wrong.
>>
>that moment when you're not completely sure but sort-of get the idea Victoria is trying to compete with your Chloe.
>>
>>170312721
Does Vicky want a cuddle?
>>
>>170310518
>I guess I also enjoy the stereo-type of the posh, aloof characters.
More specifically, I think it stems from the fact that when I was younger (10-16), there were often big sisters of (girl-)friends of mine or older girls in my cliques in general that would find me cute and take me to see their rooms and play with me and whatnot. Some of it pretty creepy in retrospect, but nothing sexual ever happened, and I enjoyed it. One girl in particular could be called a Vicky. Rich, pretty, kind of mean, to her brother at least, and her room was and smelled nice.

>>170312267
>I was traumatized by watching the bay ending.
I've read your recount of that more than once. And I really feel for you, that it was so bad for you, and would have totally been there for you... but I also envy you, because my emotional connection to the game was never so strong. It's rare, precious moments where things come together and make me actually feel what I like (or don't like) about it. But it's always an appreciation, tied to the game, and like yours, also tied indissociably to this thread and my experience of the game and contemplation of it in them. And the people, like you.

...So yes, maybe we will eventually exchange private means of communication, but for now, /lisg/ will do, like it's always done.

Goodnight for tonight, my love. :p

>>170311864
I suppose you're right.

Like always!

>>170312270
I can understand that. I had my own cheeky way´s of playing MaxVictoria as well.

That's one of the sad parts of Victoria's character. Chloe gets her Max, completely, entirely, and it makes her wonderful. Victoria gets a few moments with her, and already gets so much better - imagine what a Maxhug would have done to her. Victoria deserves her Max, a person that speaks to her core, and makes her better. I've kind of come to understand Kate as potentially that, but it's not like I am really into that.

Nova's been around not too long ago, but gone again.
>>
>>170313121
>That AU where Max has been around Victoria since the start of term, and she's somehow harmonised almost the whole vortex club, with only Courtney still acting like a dick
Max is Buddha confirmed
>>
>>170313908
Right?!

We could all use a Max in our lives.

Alas, we don't deserve her. Only Chloe does.
>>
>>170313908
>Max is Buddha confirmed
Max was also behaving like a spoiled brat and wasting her parent's money then arguing with them about it. She'd turned into a mean version of Max, meaner than Victoria.
>>
>>170314679
I don't think she ever does anything that mean. She tells Alyssa not to throw tp at her, as opposed to going out to seek revenge like Victoria would.
>>
File: unworthy.jpg (636KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
unworthy.jpg
636KB, 1280x1280px
>>170314447
>Alas, we don't deserve her
>Only Chloe does
Oh.
>>
>>170313121
Goodnight, Anon, and I want to tell you about another piece of Life is Strange that got to me, but we can do that another time!

Goodnight, babu.
>>
File: Green Lantern Kate.png (822KB, 1280x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern Kate.png
822KB, 1280x1110px
>>
File: lRFY0cv.jpg (640KB, 901x989px) Image search: [Google]
lRFY0cv.jpg
640KB, 901x989px
>>
>>170318525
I'm guessing it was Max who took this photo.
>>
>>170318631
You can see her bag!
>>
>>170318525
What's the dog's name?
>>
>>170320217
Maybe Will.
>>
>>170320217
Willibongo or Bongwilliam.
>>
File: 1438125797054.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438125797054.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Is Rachel hot?
>>
>>170324346
Dead people can't be hot.
>>
>>170312516
Yes she did.

She did a ton of things wrong and being remorseful because you're about to die doesn't make up for it.
>>
>>170323891
Rewind this RIGHT NOW
>>
File: Max's trustworthy teacher.jpg (27KB, 436x514px) Image search: [Google]
Max's trustworthy teacher.jpg
27KB, 436x514px
>>170324465
Sure they can.
You put a couple of hot water bottles over the crotch area, wait half an hour and you're good to go.
>>
File: tumblr_oazs2mU0rW1s0uhrqo3_1280.png (846KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oazs2mU0rW1s0uhrqo3_1280.png
846KB, 1000x800px
>>170324346
Kate thinks so.
>>
File: youngechosugar nose kiss.webm (317KB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
youngechosugar nose kiss.webm
317KB, 1278x718px
>>170308725
>how do you people live here

very, very painfully.
>>
File: foundlove.png (747KB, 930x458px) Image search: [Google]
foundlove.png
747KB, 930x458px
>>170323891
>>
>>170326394
That picture must've been took in heaven cause they're both dead haha :)
>>
>>170329423
Sorry mychel, your canon became an au as far as I am concerned. Max saved everyone, haha.
>>
>>170330160
Max can't save everyone.
>>
>>170330875
You're right
rip lisa
>>
File: fwm.jpg (109KB, 600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fwm.jpg
109KB, 600x1050px
>>170330875
>>
>>170330875
only in shitty mychel au
>>
File: download.png (19KB, 290x374px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
19KB, 290x374px
>>170278326
Your Max. Text version at pastebin.com/zT3m7QSn

>>170278738
This one didn't come out very well sorry. Thanks anyways!
>>
File: tumblr_nspg4tYz311uc0isoo1_1280.jpg (159KB, 781x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nspg4tYz311uc0isoo1_1280.jpg
159KB, 781x1280px
Those shapely butts tho.
>>
>>170330160
>Jefferson kills Chloe
>Max is stuck in the Dark Room
>storm can be heard fucking up town, lights flicker
Proof that Chloe being dead doesn't do shit to stop the storm
Or rather, proof that Michel didn't put any actual thought into it
>>
''Welcome to Life is Strange - Season 1''

Huh, never noticed that in the menu before.
Now I'm 100% sure that they will make a sequel of this game, even if it takes some time.
>>
>>170334543
It seems pretty well established that a sequel is coming, just dubious on the connection to the original.
>>
>>170334752
What do you mean anon, it will have the same name, so they can sell more copies. What other connection do you need?
>>
Mr Jefferson is so sexy.

Why did they have to make him a pervert? I want my gay sugar daddy.
>>
>>170335590
Calm down Nathan
>>
>>170335662
Nathan is STR8, M8.
>>
>>170335854
he's as str8 as a rainbow m8
>>
>>170335662
Nathan enjoyed his perversion, so I'm not him.

>>170335854
He's obviously a repressed homosexual.
>>
>>170335854
>he fell for the straight meme
>>
File: 1471532932110.gif (2MB, 303x302px) Image search: [Google]
1471532932110.gif
2MB, 303x302px
Max smells...
>>
>>170337426
Of Chloe's cologne.
>>
>>170337426
>Only Victoria could make me feel dirty in the shower
What did Max mean by this?
>>
>>170337686
She felt filthy, taken with a sudden desire, perhaps even a need to scrub her self furiously. Desperate to be rid of that feeling, she rubbed harder and faster, her hands a blur. Finally she slumped against the wall, her legs weak from the exertion. The slight curves of her chest, splattered by a constant barrage of lightly stinging water beads and milky soap lather, raised slightly with each uneven gasp of air as she caught her breath.
She sighed. Victoria always made her feel dirty, and for some reason, no matter how hard she washed herself when set upon by that affliction, she never felt clean. In fact she usually ended up feeling more dirty.
>>
>>170335854
Only straight person in the game is Warren and even he is a huge fag
>>
>>170337426

>>Scared
>>
>>170339384
Wot about Joyce? She must be str8, right?
>>
>>170339384
>David is not straight
>>
>>170339384
Proof that the world is going to shit
>>
>>170340160
David is like the dad from American Beauty
>>
>>170339384
>Ryan is not straight
>Vanessa is not straight
>Logan is not straight
>David is not straight
>Kate is not straight
>Hayden is not straight
>Zachary is not straight
>Trevor is not straight
>Jefferson is not straight
>Taylor is not straight
>Joyce is not straight
>William is not straight
>Dana is not straight
>Juliet is not straight
>Frank is not straight
>Pompidou is not straight
>>
>>170340362
What do you have against homo people?
>>
>>170314956
That's once real Max takes over. Before AU Max is a bitch.
>>
>>170341658
No that's a text pre max takeover. Real Max has no knowledge of the AU, so can't possibly know that anyone's been throwing shit at her in it.
>>
>>170341658
I wonder what bitch!Max would think of prime!Max
>>
File: 1448731884581.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448731884581.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>170337426
terrible
bad people can't smell good haha:)
>>
>>170341992
She'd try to seduce herself, so she could finally brag about fucking her selfie
>>
>>170342447
Yeah I suspect alt!Max has a waif hipster bullshit fetish
>>
Did AU Max and Victoria get lezzy?
>>
>>170344462
No, Max was straight in the AU.
>>
>>170344462
Reading their text history is all you need to see
>>170344658
lmao
>>
>>170342357
You must smell like a sewer then, Michel.
>>
>>170337426
Nice
>>
>>170337426
Like Chloe's vagina. Or at least her breath does.
>>
File: 1488145256333.jpg (322KB, 1280x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1488145256333.jpg
322KB, 1280x1219px
>>170344462
Yup. Someone has to bring out Max's inner lesbian. If Chloe's not there then Victoria will do it.
>>
>>170270280
NEW ENGLAND
E
W

E
N
G
L
A
N
D
>>
>>170270280
Supposedly the devs were down in the Californian desert recently, so if I had to guess then that'd be it.
I'm still holding out for Alaska though.
>>
>>170348409
Might as well change her name to Holden then
>>
>>170349167
Alaska would be kino. California gets way too much attention already.
>inb4 s2 is about illegal immigration
>>
>>170349268
>inb4 s2 is about illegal immigration

>inb4 Trump is the villain
>>
>>170349886
I wouldn't even be mad if we got to hear Chloe's banter rather than some random new character
>Warren shows up in a MAGA hat
>massive fight breaks out
>>
https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Ent/status/839041693341089792

Looks like Vampyr will have PS4 Pro support if you care about that sort of thing.
For me it doesn't matter I will play the PC version in glorious 4K and I will stream if you guys are interesed.
>>
>Page 10

JUST
>>
>>170349886
Make Arcadia Bay great again!
>>
Post Chloe-core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZZhqnT6Uw
>>
What will Max's role be in her eventual season 2 cameo?
>>
>>170356257
None.
>>
What was Chloe's favourite subject? Science? I don't think she cared much for art.
>>
>>170357654
PE, or Phys Ed or Gym or whatever it's called in the US.
>>
>>170357767
I don't think so.

She was into science in the AU, and there's no evidence of her interest in P.E, really.
>>
File: yith.jpg (44KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
yith.jpg
44KB, 640x800px
>>170348409
>NEW ENGLAND

-It's gonna take place in Miskatonic University.
-You'll play as a student who gets mysterious powers.
-You can investigate the origins of your powers or use them for other things.
-If you investigate your powers, you find out that you are actually a Yithian doing the whole time shadow thing and you'll slowly go insane. Your choices and their consequences will make less and less sense until reality itself unravels on you.
-If you ignore the origins of your powers and just use them, you'll prevent some major bad thing that happens in the real world instead of your mind and remain sane.

-Not sating your curiosity lets you keep your sanity, and you'll unknowingly accomplish the task that the Yithian tried to accomplish by possessing you. But you have already played the game the real way once. The story obviously wants you to find out why you have your powers. You have figured out the truth, but your Yithian meta-videogame powers have allowed you to dodge the timeline where your discovery makes you insane, even though you have discovered the eldritch knowledge of the truth. In an alternate reality your shadow out of time figured out your purpose in the present and accomplished its task. Making both endings of the game paradoxically canon and non-canon simultaneously.
>>
>>170359254
Cringe.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Vvs23x__Q

Damn
>>
>>170357654
Anatomy classes with Max.
>>
>>170337426
Like Pepsi Cola — approved by RuAnons!
>>
>>170295246
Jeez, man, are you playing games with some speed too?
>>
>>170357654
I once saw someone write up a list of small details and facts about each episode, having played through just to examine everything really closely. They said that there are multiple science magazines that appear around Chloe's room at different points, but, interestingly, once you enter and return from the paralysis-AU they are gone. I assume the intention there is that Chloe had cleaned them up though rather than to imply telling Chloe to be strong somehow made her dislike science.
>>
>>170357654
Physics, of course, remember, in the Ep 2, when they're discussing time traveling, she mention something about perfect storm and chaos theory.
>>
>>170360496
Wowsers
>>
File: brookate.png (103KB, 330x468px) Image search: [Google]
brookate.png
103KB, 330x468px
>>
/lisg/ sure is slow today
>>
>>170362680
>>170362929
Yep, she has science mags, lets through that she's interested in math and physics, and, most adorably, she researches time science for Max, without even mentioning it, which Max comments to herself is cute when she sees the books in her room.
>>
>>170351045
Jesus... at least torrent the piece of shit if you're going to play it at all!
>>
>>170367387
But we need to fund S2 anon!
Also, I want an actual vampire game again
>>
File: tumblr_nnxhztOmpE1qe41wjo1_1280.jpg (366KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnxhztOmpE1qe41wjo1_1280.jpg
366KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>170368130
>but we need to fund S2
Nice try (((Michel)))
>>
>>170365264
Kate would NOT be kissed by another girl.
>>
File: Chasemarsh 2.png (541KB, 1146x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Chasemarsh 2.png
541KB, 1146x1500px
>>
Kate smells...
>>
>>170374556
Like the wine hidden in her room
>>
>>170375487
I wonder if Kate became an alcoholic after her suicide attempt.
>>
>>170376689
>Kate and Chloe bond over substance abuse
>>
File: tumblr_oiuufvxQy51rhxvpto5_1280.jpg (340KB, 1280x1584px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oiuufvxQy51rhxvpto5_1280.jpg
340KB, 1280x1584px
>>
File: 1487918333154.jpg (39KB, 414x467px) Image search: [Google]
1487918333154.jpg
39KB, 414x467px
>>170376689
Nah, I'd say it was before the suicide attempt.
Dat dare communion wine...
>>
>>170377149
>Chloe gets Kate to become a stoner
>>
>>170378391
Cute!
>>
File: tumblr_ns7udbA6aq1saltjyo2_1280.png (281KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns7udbA6aq1saltjyo2_1280.png
281KB, 500x500px
>>
File: Seduction_of_the_Innocent.png (192KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
Seduction_of_the_Innocent.png
192KB, 500x662px
>>170377149
It would be beautiful, just imagine Kate whisper "teach me to sin"
>>
File: lis compass.png (363KB, 696x606px) Image search: [Google]
lis compass.png
363KB, 696x606px
Rate my meme. Is it accurate? Where can other characters be placed?
>>
>>170384534
>Chloe
>Authoritarian
She has a wardrobe full of anarchist t-shirts m8
>>
>>170384908
Lets be real here she's an """""anarchist""""" not an anarchist.
>>
Friendly reminder Alice is a demon sent to corrupt Kate and send her to Hell.
>>
>>170383561
REWIND THIS
>>
File: IMG_2785.jpg (20KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2785.jpg
20KB, 261x238px
holy shit /lesg/ is still alive
>>
>>170384534
>Chloe dude weed feminism lmao
>not degenerate lib left
Victoria is probably the commie while no one treads on Max.
>>
>>170388421
Why would she want the government to take her family's riches?
>>
alright cuck weeb lords. I finally played this game. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated. Its deep if you're 12 and like seeing a girl maybe/kinda have a romantic relationship with another girl. Since they never really outright say they like each other in that way. Even when you kiss Chloe, Max says to herself "omg!!!!! she totes thought i woulda have done that XD". Thats my other point, the writing in this game is bad, at best and just straight up cringy at worse. Don't get me wrong, i teared up at some parts. I just think, if you were to put this same story in a book or movie it would fucking dog shit. Its alright for a story in a video game but that's it. I seriously don't understand how this game gets soo much hype. Everytime i tried to get immersed into the game i just can't. The writing pulled me RIGHT out and reminded me i was playing a video game.

7/10 - story
8/10 - game mechanics (purely based on the way they handle time travel)

I would only recommend this game if you're 13 and get excited at girls have a friendship.
>>
>>170388882
after reading abit of this general i know realise thats the only reason people like this game. Literal virgins getting hard of a girl friendship. God damnit, last time i fall into the hype of this shit. Same with undertale, its deep to literal children.
>>
File: 2141523.png (162KB, 267x289px) Image search: [Google]
2141523.png
162KB, 267x289px
Holy shit, this game has an actual general?
Seriously?? I was just curious, and had to know. Please, somebody fucking tell me this is a meme. Just a big joke. How does this even sustain itself?
>>
https://twitter.com/BlackwellPdcast/status/838815841311461380

Alyzian did the journal art I think.
>>
>>170389964
>How does this even sustain itself?
Cute girls
>>
>>170389964
>criticising while posting a furry
>>
File: IMG_2708.png (320KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2708.png
320KB, 1000x523px
>>170389964
shoo shoo evil jew
>>
File: 627254.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
627254.png
192KB, 500x500px
>>170394049
HEY
there's literally nothing wrong with being a furfag
>>
File: IMG_2758.png (109KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2758.png
109KB, 2000x2000px
>>170395115
daily reminder that somebody tried to literally gas a furfag convention three years ago
>>
>>170396115
reminder that frogposting is literally facebook tier, and you're worse than furfags
>>
File: IMG_2328.jpg (54KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2328.jpg
54KB, 604x604px
>>170396471
how is frogposting facebook-tier if it's a hate symbol now
>>
File: 25472547257.png (101KB, 742x816px) Image search: [Google]
25472547257.png
101KB, 742x816px
>>170396587
because i'm the one being frogposted on, you fukken normie
>>
File: IMG_2795.jpg (48KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2795.jpg
48KB, 420x420px
>>170396706
cry more bitchboy
>>
File: 1439313319671.png (613KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
1439313319671.png
613KB, 1280x867px
>>
File: pricefield_omnibus.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
pricefield_omnibus.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>Thread needs less retard and more pricefield
>>
File: CM2aYA2.png (1MB, 1204x1506px) Image search: [Google]
CM2aYA2.png
1MB, 1204x1506px
>>170397947
True that.

It's STILL winter?!
>>
>>170397169
holy fuck source
>>
>>170398667
For two more weeks.
>>
File: IMG_20170307_203123.jpg (279KB, 833x1357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170307_203123.jpg
279KB, 833x1357px
Valentines day card from gf
>>
File: IMG_20170307_203304.jpg (174KB, 1008x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170307_203304.jpg
174KB, 1008x735px
>>170400408
Inside
>>
>>170400408
>>170400698
It's the thought that counts.

And a Pricefield Valentine's card thought counts for a lot. Marry her.
>>
File: tumblr_nwswqbGVEt1qid28eo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwswqbGVEt1qid28eo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1920px
>>
File: I-it's_not_like_I..._.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
I-it's_not_like_I..._.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>170400698
>"I would destroy arcadia bay for you"
>Not "I would destroy Arcadia bay for you, HOWEVER I've figured out a way to save it and you at the same time. You see I'm just that fucking smart and gorgeous. So go on, admit it. Tell me I'm amazing, massage my fragile ego and provide that sense of self-worth that only can. Please Maxine, please. I'll buy you things and do your homework, and anything else you need. Just validate me!"
>>
>>170402375

Victoria is so tsundere for Max. They're my second favorite paring besides canon Pricefield desu, I love love love my bitchy rich girl
>>
>>170402375
>"Language, Vicky. And yes, you are smart and gorgeous."
>>
File: victoria_likes_to_watch.jpg (124KB, 1236x926px) Image search: [Google]
victoria_likes_to_watch.jpg
124KB, 1236x926px
>>170402375
Victoria is such a needy girl. Probably a total perv too.
>>
I love you /lisg/
<3
>>
>>170404692
<3 U 2, boo!
>>
File: tumblr_o561uwjk191ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (168KB, 1271x762px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o561uwjk191ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
168KB, 1271x762px
>>
File: 1435773749165.png (58KB, 524x366px) Image search: [Google]
1435773749165.png
58KB, 524x366px
>>
File: chloepriceeatingrice.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
chloepriceeatingrice.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>
File: tumblr_ns3jqoOKv41saltjyo1_1280.png (598KB, 705x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns3jqoOKv41saltjyo1_1280.png
598KB, 705x345px
>>
File: 1460620903166.jpg (224KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460620903166.jpg
224KB, 798x1000px
Chloe smells...
>>
>>170411976
Like love and hair dye
>>
>>170411976
like cinnamon gum, beer, cigarette, leather and men's cologne
>>
>>170411976
Kind of rank.

She should take a shower with Max.
>>
File: tumblr_oe9uptZEVm1rt7dy9o1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe9uptZEVm1rt7dy9o1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1600px
>>
>>
File: michel.jpg (87KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
michel.jpg
87KB, 425x516px
>>170411976
like a decomposing cadaver, haha:)
>>
>>170413337
I know you are but what am I
>>
File: WingCommander-1_Campaign.png (96KB, 1022x682px) Image search: [Google]
WingCommander-1_Campaign.png
96KB, 1022x682px
>>170413337
>Reminder that dos games had greater branching than anything Mychel ever made
>>
>>
File: tumblr_oeb2ul2oaa1r1rbyqo1_1280.jpg (256KB, 1280x763px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeb2ul2oaa1r1rbyqo1_1280.jpg
256KB, 1280x763px
>>170414014
>>
File: qx7OXDD.jpg (625KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qx7OXDD.jpg
625KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: 1474738561380.png (54KB, 806x776px) Image search: [Google]
1474738561380.png
54KB, 806x776px
>>
Would be cool if the actresses in the series looked like this.
>>
>>170416882
Would be cool if they looked or sounded like anything like game's Max&Chloe
>>
File: 1444888271131.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444888271131.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>170417871
see this fanfic, it explains in a most detailed fashion:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5924500/chapters/13625791
>>
>>170417474
They won't though haha.

>>170417871
I remember her saying to keep it in her pants. Max likes snooping, she wants to unpack it herself.
>>
File: 1439660592776.jpg (116KB, 844x412px) Image search: [Google]
1439660592776.jpg
116KB, 844x412px
>>
File: community_image_1428326877.jpg (81KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1428326877.jpg
81KB, 500x647px
Am I bad for loving Victoria more than Max. She's just a cuddly teddy bear on the inside.
>>
File: 1433002842055.jpg (88KB, 1000x412px) Image search: [Google]
1433002842055.jpg
88KB, 1000x412px
>>170419946
We don't choose who we love.
>>
>>170418847
>They won't though haha
I know ;_;

I'll never see Chloe or Max again...
>>
>>170419946
Btw anyone know a good Chasefield fan fiction they can link?
>>
>>170420297
What type of Chasefield? Lewd? Story? Twelve pages describing the slight tinkle Victoria's gold armband makes as she reaches over to hold Max's hand, only to pull back at the last moment?
>>
>>170420551
Make it a comfy story where they become lovers, They have to be in a relationship by the end of it
>>
File: 1483303038219.jpg (244KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1483303038219.jpg
244KB, 1280x905px
>>170420296
What are you talking about
You're seeing them right now
>>
File: brokeback bay.jpg (209KB, 1280x703px) Image search: [Google]
brokeback bay.jpg
209KB, 1280x703px
>>
>>170360496
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWD
>>
>>170388882
>I just think, if you were to put this same story in a book or movie it would fucking dog shit. Its alright for a story in a video game but that's it.
Video games are a very young medium for storytelling, you can't really hold them to the same standards as those which have been around for over a century and thousands of years.
Watch the Frankenstein movie from 1910 and you can see how Film was once in the same position.
>>
File: 200% lewd.jpg (61KB, 327x458px) Image search: [Google]
200% lewd.jpg
61KB, 327x458px
>>170360496
2lewd4me
>>
>>170423704

Exactly. As much as I adore Life is Strange (And I really do adore it), if the same story was transplanted into a TV series or movie, it probably wouldn't work very well.

Maybe a TV series, those tend to have less standards for writing I feel. I dunno. I don't want to diss the shit out of LiS but like everything, it's imperfect
>>
File: DsmQ8wa.jpg (475KB, 1566x1814px) Image search: [Google]
DsmQ8wa.jpg
475KB, 1566x1814px
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
>>
>>170424278
To some extent I think this is also because of the nature of interactive narratives versus non-interactive narratives.
If you were to just watch LiS played upon a screen in a smooth, movie/tv-ish way, or even to have it played upon a screen but you still have to make the various important choices, I can't imagine it having much kick or emotional resonance. I can't imagine breaking into tears at William walking out the door when you have to let him die again.
While the gameplay is subdued as is it -- leading to all those sarcastic >"""game""" comments -- the very fact that you have to guide Max through everything, at exactly the pace you want, making affirmative movements even to do stuff like photo-travel, is crucial to drawing you into the world.
>>
>>170425606
I see what you're saying. I'm not analytical enough to know why it matters exactly, but controlling Max makes all the difference. It feels less like you're watching her do things, and more like you're there with her, I suppose is how I'd put it
>>
File: 1474996342490.png (876KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474996342490.png
876KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>170426647
Agreed. I experienced a sort of ego-death with LiS that I've never gotten with any other game.
To be fair though, I was late to the party so I could play through everything in one continuous stream. Having to wait ~2 months between each episode would have made for a very different experience.
>>
>>170427837
I played it almost a year after it came out. I thought it looked interesting when it was new, decided I'd wait for the episodes to come out, then completely forgot until it went on sale for five dollars. Season 2 will be hard, since I'll have to wait all over again, or just suck it up and play the chapters as they come out.
>>
>>170423704
>>170424278
It wouldn't work not because the standards are different, but because the formats are.

LiS is unique and while it has flaws, it does a lot of things very well. Some with award-winning brilliance.

If you find an author or director that creates with words or a camera the world, scenes, the atmosphere and experience, let alone the characters, LiS did, do let me know. Or just wait for the actual TV series they are making and you will see that it fails not because of the plot or surficial story not meeting some weird standard (if you think movies have a high standard for storytelling, I don't know what to tell you, except maybe that the standard has if anything gone down; I don't read many modern books, but I'm sure there's tons of popular garbage there as well), but that an entire world is lost in translation, because LiS does some things a (live-action) movie or book never could.

That is storytelling. Story is more than plot, course of action and events. It's moments, emotions, imagery, environments, sentiments, humans. A bird flying by, a chatter, a look, a gesture. All things it would take a very good author to create or director to recreate, have you feel and respond to in the way this game does. The thousands of intricacies that make a scene. LiS is narratively special in any context, and hasn't become the phenomenon it did just because of the interactive quality of the narrative or lesser standards.

It's ignorant and arrogant to say "it is good... for a game", and the original post was just BS. At worst you'd describe LiS as pioneering, charting new territory - a worthwhile endeavour, and a rather successful effort. An in some ways flawed, but in others masterful work.

I do agree that the particularly grave flaw that is the confused clashing of sci-fi vs. fantastical narrative elements of the story would be less forgiven by a TV audience at large however. Not like the gaming audience had taken to it too well either, though.
>>
>>170428285
But I'm not even sure you two meant it like I took it. I just do think LiS doesn't have to hide from other mediums of storytelling. It's a piece of storytelling the world of video games can be proud of, creating a narrative experience that many people have said is something wholly unique to them.
>>
File: 1469310523026.png (242KB, 606x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1469310523026.png
242KB, 606x1015px
>>
I think one of the highest achievements of LiS is how close and personal, authentic and alive its world, and above all its characters feel. How it makes you personally relate to and care for them.

That's an achievement of the format (interaction), the characterization (relation), the world-building (projection) and the narrative (immersion). You get connected to it very personally, in emotions, thoughts and decisions, actions, memories, associations. Intellectually connected as well, especially if you had been around for the release schedule, analyzing, interpreting. The game makes you feel and think, rationalize and romanticize.

I have read stories that were better from a literary standpoint, seen films that were better cinematically... but LiS stands as its own experience, unique, and as something I have personally connected to in a way I never did any of the great books or films, let alone their characters. Hadn't felt like I've been those places, met those people quite like I did here.

I must think that it is something special because it is special to me.
>>
>>170425328
=kek

How is that game anyway?
>>
File: tumblr_oi8ryzgsLx1vy1pzho1_1280.jpg (163KB, 511x784px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi8ryzgsLx1vy1pzho1_1280.jpg
163KB, 511x784px
uguu~
>>
>>170428285
>>170428439
I (first anon you quoted) was trying to talk to that user within their frame of mind. Personally I think LiS is the most crowning achievement in gaming-qua-art. I'm embarrassed to say, as a /lit/fag at a significant /lit/ university, I've never encountered a work of writing that moved me like LiS.

I've argued with a friend of mine in the past, who greatly enjoyed LiS himself, on this point. In his view, LiS isn't really transcendent because it is 'mere mimesis', IE it does an excellent job copying a certain world and feeling (like >>170430532 says), but it doesn't go beyond that.
I disagree with this, but I find it hard to articulate a rebuttal. I guess to some extent I think Video Games' specific purview *is* mimesis, so excellence in this category should be viewed as overall excellence, in the same sense that visual symbolism is more of an notable and relevant achievement in movies than in literature.
But he maintains the most artistically acclaimed games of today like LiS or Firewatch will be looked at decades from now the same way we look at the 'Talkies' of 1900-1920

You're right about the mixing of sci-fi and fantastical elements, though mentioning TV makes me think specifically of The X-Files, which is an interesting example in this regard. If you actually think about it, the world of the X-Files is rather nonsensical in its combination of the Abrahamic supernatural and the modern conspiratorial. To give a specific example, the show reveals the Bible, OT, and Quran came from aliens, yet the characters actually meet God and Satan at points.
Fans never seem to notice this problem. Maybe it's because such a TV show is stretched across hundreds of hours whereas LiS is only 13-17 hours total.
>>
Max did nothing wrong.
>>
>>170435268
>the Bible, OT and Quran
[triggered]
>>
>>170435268
The viewers of X-Files can take Mulder's or Scully's perspective and believe what they think they saw or be skeptical. There's a whole big section of the series where their roles get reversed for a while.
>>
>>170435268
I see. I figured you weren't actually sympathizing with much if any of the bullshit in the post you'd replied to, but LiS has to be defended for its merits!

I think some of what LiS does is timeless, and excellent precisely because of that timelessness. I think it does transcend its influences and its time in that, such as in the relatability and authenticity of its characters that speak to people on profound levels, emotionally and otherwise. Or the artistry of its visuals, that do in a way grow even more alive precisely in retrospect, with distance. But I do see that other parts of it will not age very well at all.

The X-Files comparison is interesting, because I think its cult effect does have a lot to do with the intrigue of that disparity... but as opposed to LiS, I don't feel X-Files was ever so reliant, narratively, upon the figurative meaning of the fantastical in the way I take LiS to be, where, since dontnod didn't convey the meaning very well, and certainly didn't transition or harmonize between sci-fi and fantasy very well, that disparity was thus sometimes at best confusing or at worst downright painful. In that respect, it is mimetic, and not very successfully: it takes from a variety of influences, at times pretty blatantly, and it throws them together under larger narrative intentions and sentiments that do not work with those influences.

Take the fundamental concept of the structure of in the end going back to the point where it all began, clearly "inspired" by Donnie Darko - that does not at all work in a narrative where the protagonist has time travelling powers themselves, because either these powers mean something or they don't. If they do, going back renders the powers meaningless; if they don't, going back renders the story meaningless.

But time probably also has to do with it. It's hard to strike that balance, let alone find a harmony, of those elements while at the same telling what is primarily a story about characters.
>>
>>
>>170360496
This is okay.

I didn't think the cosplayers captured the characters very well, and the atmosphere and surrounding objects felt forced and un-subtle, but there is a charm here.
>>
>>170436390
Yes she did. She's a bad person. :)
>>
Would Warren and Brooke make a good couple?
>>
>>170440974
Brooke is smarter than Warren, and is also too good for him, generally.

Brooke and Stella.
>>
File: DAMAGED.png (730KB, 772x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAMAGED.png
730KB, 772x720px
>>170389964
>says the guy playing a game that is objectively shit and lives only because of the autistic fanbase, memes and fandom
>>
>>170440974
THIS >>170441695
Or Warren + Alyssa
>>
Do Brooke and Warren like to talk about dank memes?
>>
>>170443738
Daniel does.
>>
>>170444101
His memes aren't dank, they're normie memes.
>>
File: 1457715516009.png (2MB, 1348x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1457715516009.png
2MB, 1348x1034px
>>
>>170445089
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>170444568
>Daniel
>normie
>>
>>170445284
His normie "fedora meme" is normie.
>>
>>170445369
The fedora shirt seems more like a 4th-wall-breaking joke than an actual thing he'd wear
>>
File: 1431034472232.png (185KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431034472232.png
185KB, 500x375px
I hope I make use of this image again in the future with Season 2.
>>
The only man good enough for Kate is William!
>>
>>170447762
Eh...he's too old for her
>>
>>170447762
>not wanting Kate to reform Frank from his life of sin
>>
>>170445634
I hope they take their time instead of releasing an abomination like episode 5.
>>
>>170445541
tbf he does seem like a person who would wear it unironically
>>
>>170447849
So is Jesus, but he enters her everyday.
>>
>>170449956
Jesus isn't the Holy Spirit you damn heretic!
>>
>>170447762
William is for Joyce only.
>>
>>170450117
>unironically not being Monothelite in 2017
>>
File: 1468627009752.jpg (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468627009752.jpg
9KB, 400x400px
>>170100391
>all this fucking potential the story had
>all those hints
>all of them dropped, abandoned and never mentioned again
Such a shame.
Such a fucking shame.
I'm still mad as fuck, this game could have been fucking flawless.
>>
>>170450338
back to >>>/lebanon/
>>
At exactly what day the Chloe's funeral take place in the Bay ending? Or the game never provided this information?
>>
>>170450139
William is for nobody because he's dead haha :)
>>
File: Michel_Koch.png (2MB, 1113x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Michel_Koch.png
2MB, 1113x1280px
>>170450640
We ended the story the way we wanted it to end.
And nothing was cut:)
>>
>>170445089
REWIND THIS
>>
>>170453378
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but replaying recently for the first time in a while it really struck me how laughably incongruous all that
>bae is the selfish ending, bay is the good ending, bay means Max is mature and learning to accept things
shit is with the rest of the game
For the entire duration, in every medium from the diary to conversations to internal monologues, Max is CONSTANTLY affirming that Chloe is the most important thing in the world to her, that there is no force which could ever make her voluntarily leave Chloe again, that her gift is senseless if it isn't used to save Chloe, that she will protect Chloe over everything else, and even specifically denouncing the idea of a utilitarian tradeoff through moments like the diary's mention of Star Trek. This continues straight up to about 30 seconds before the final choice, with Chloe stating "we are fated to be here, together, alive... fuck the town, this storm is Rachel's revenge"
People seem to think that a single tacked-on one-liner about how Chloe's mom shouldn't die in a diner outweighs the previous 15 hours of ironclad characterization and promises - while that 'mom' argument is as much a selfish appeal to emotion as anything they criticize.
>>
>>170453378
Fuck off Michel.
>>
Happy International Women's Day!
>>
>>170411976
Terrible
>>
Guys, is that guy still here? The one who had ep3-4 alpha's?
>>
>>170456734
Yes, happy Women's Day!

Praise these women and the few games to have a predominantly female cast.
>>
>>170456734
Do we still have femanons around?
>>
>>170459648
Yes, we always have had.

Hello.
>>
>>170458215
>The one who had ep3-4 alpha's?
Who-who-who?
>>
>>170420297
Still waiting on this please
>>
Jesus, this thread is almost 4 days old.
>>
>>170461948
Just gotta hold out for that S2 announcement trailer
>>
>>170462629
Not gonna happen until they release Vampyr first.
So, early/mid 2018 is my bet.
>>
>>170463041
>mid 2018
JDIMSA. Yeah, in that case I suspect this general might finally see some downtime, unless the TV series has some notable development.
>>
File: E5_9A_H1.jpg (971KB, 2000x1374px) Image search: [Google]
E5_9A_H1.jpg
971KB, 2000x1374px
>>170454746
Oh yes, sweet preaching to the choir.

Indeed it is, and it is "immature" precisely in that incongruity: in it, Max does a 180 on all she's done, felt, thought was right, stood and fought for, all she was, in a defeat of identity and humanity and love, an admission of the tragically blind thought that she was wrong for it all, and shouldn't have followed her heart and what she believed in and cared about, but sat down and eat the shit life gives her like a good kid. It's an undermining and literal undoing of the growth of the main characters in a coming-of-age story, the cruellest death of love in a love story, a betrayal of oneself and it, at best the fatalistic message of not standing up for ourselves and what we believe in, but that to be an adult means to give up ourselves to society and duck under its priorities, sitting down and succumbing to our guilt and fears and doubts, giving up her determination and dedication and confidence and love and loved one, her priorities, feelings, beliefs, to the mouths of the cruel arbitrarity of the cosmos, and supposed demands of an unpersonalized "greater good" in it.

And more, not only metaphorically speaking, there is no greater good in the relinquishing of ourselves and our loves to the cosmos; nature's disasters are inevitable, and we deal with them precisely by fighting and not giving up in the face of them. If anything, they are a greater good, in a variety of not only philosophical, but even evolutional ways, where humanity's growth stems from to begin with - the weathering of storms, the fight against nature's calamities, the holding-on to and moving-on with ourselves and what is dear and important to us, our humanity and love, through them.
>>
File: tumblr_omijst5Obn1sjl1xno1_1280.jpg (312KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omijst5Obn1sjl1xno1_1280.jpg
312KB, 1280x1024px
L- Lewd.
>>
>>170466256
Who took the picture?
>>
>>170467609
Max the selfiemaster, in the mirror with one of her hands.
>>
>>170468301
Alternatively, they're posing for Victoria's new series
>>
>>170468359
Or yet, Kate's children book.
>>
>>170468493
I don't think that's kid friendly.
>>
>>170468493
>we will never get a game set in 2016
>we will never hear Kate's views on Donald Trump
>>
>>170469175
Bringing homosexuality to children is very good!

100% love, 0% teen pregnancy.
>>
>>170471276
Purest love!

Kind of an extremely higher risk for HIV, for men, so safe sex must be taught as well!
>>
>>170266827
>Waifu-objectifying faggot, get out.

I'm not the anon you replied to but in his defence playing LiS allows people to view an experience second hand that you may not be otherwise able to get firsthand. Self insertion is an important part of the story of LiS and other pieces of art.
>>
>>170283471
To be fair Chloe did steal a gun from him and disobey his orders regarding smoking in the house. Chloe has an equal amount of disrespect for David as David does for Chloe.
>>
>>170474583
Fuck his orders.

She's nineteen, and Joyce owns the house. It is not equal, and David does nothing worthy of respect.
>>
>>170465187
It's also a 180 on the lesson of the power: oh, so we cannot truly control anything or expect the course of things even with time-controlling powers, and especially this photo jumping thing is bad and I will never do it again ... except for this ultimate photo jump, changing everything, in one giant gamble with huge risks on the idea that it will fix everything for some reason.
>>
>>170475274
She's ninteen, living in her parents house, if her parents tell her not to smoke in the house she should respect their wishes.
>>
>>170475319
The bullshit could be forgivable on some basic level if the storm vision at least happened after Max started using her powers... but no, it was precisely the vision of the storm that sent Max to the bathroom in the first place and instigated her saving Chloe/messing with time.
It's just sadistic to try to string a 'you should have been more responsible and learned to accept things :)' argument out of this
>>
>>170153353
>500
Could you guys at least learn to save stuff properly?
>>
File: 1uGiN32.jpg (123KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1uGiN32.jpg
123KB, 1024x576px
I picked Bay and I'm never going to change my mind.
>>
>>170476446
Most here do know.

>>170476525
That's ok.

Does anybody want to make a new thread by the way? Otherwise I will!
>>
>>170476525
Good for you anon, please continue to strike your own path in the world and not listen to the black and white arguements that circulate on this general!

Sincerly: someone who supports bae ending.
>>
File: 1487535712796.png (617KB, 790x889px) Image search: [Google]
1487535712796.png
617KB, 790x889px
>>170476883
Go for it, muchacho.
>>
>>170476883
I'll be making as usual.
>>
>>170477085
You are confusing 'exegetically grounded' for 'black and white'. If you want to see circlejerking, look at any argument over characters' sexual orientation.
>>
New thread

>>170477373
>>170477373
>>170477373
>>
>>170477314
>exegentically

Thanks anon, i learned a new word today!
>>
>>170478219
Exegetically*

Shit i cant type
>>
>>170478219
>>170478348
It's a good word you learned.
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 244

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.