[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Etrian Odyssey General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 228

File: 26029817_p0.jpg (266KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
26029817_p0.jpg
266KB, 700x700px
EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
http://pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
http://sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Skill Simulator
http://waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
https://jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
https://jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
http://pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
http://pastebin.com/8sJhutN7
(Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
http://edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
http://pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
https://mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:
>>168413565
>>
Cute girl.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170222-222858.png (51KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170222-222858.png
51KB, 1080x1920px
That EOV skills website. jii.moe. Is it broken? Or is it my phone?
>>
>>169158006
Try using a real device next time
>>
File: etrian odyssey 5.jpg (140KB, 297x616px) Image search: [Google]
etrian odyssey 5.jpg
140KB, 297x616px
No flatties allowed.
>>
>>169155495
After looking around, apparently TEC only applies to Alchemists and not anyone else? So just go full STR on the Gunner? What about Hexers?
>>
Gosh, you guys are pathetic.

https://my.mixtape.moe/qqhffq.webm
>>
File: 30014258.jpg (104KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
30014258.jpg
104KB, 700x503px
>>
>>169158006
The jii.moe EOV sites have been dead for a while now. They should probably be removed from the OP.
>>
>eov opening movie lists all the races and their specialties
>"however, they all share one thing... a desire for new adventures."
>>
>>169159391
>just go full str on gunner
Except for that one point of TEC Up required to get Medishot if you're going Medic-less

TEC also affects all healing skills as well as evasion of opposing TEC attacks. Hexer skills only really benefit from LUC, but it's hardly a priority compared to maxing the curses you want to use.
>>
What was your first EO experience like?

Mine was EOIII and I did everything wrong. I grinded 10 hours in the first stratum just to be able to survive the second stratum. I completely ignored sea quests until I got to the third stratum. I somehow managed to just rush and beat the 4th stratum without mapping it and I gave up on the 5th stratum once I got to the no map gimmick.

Spending hours drawing maps on the toilet was amazing though.
>>
>>169164569
I played EOIII first aswell
I made the mistake of having a royal instead of a dedicated healer, because I loved the strange journey passive heal system. I eventually scrapped my first whole party and made a simple but strange party, very good memories.
Either way if it weren't for the good writing of the game, I never would have stuck with it.
>>
>>169164356
Makes sense now. Thanks a lot for the help
>>
File: nanashi.jpg (471KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
nanashi.jpg
471KB, 852x960px
>>169164569
>Got EO1 because qt knight girl on the cover
>Dump one point into everything instead of focusing on a select few skills.
>>
since the thread is dying I might as well ask my stupid question
for my landsknecht after a reset at level 23, should I invest my points in double slice or sonic raid?
she is my main damage dealer and so far sonic raid was good, however the cost of double slice makes me wonder if 3 sonic raids will deal more damage or a single double cut
>>
>>169162404
Thanks fellow anon to save the reputation of Ricky
>>
File: 1485998204972.png (273KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485998204972.png
273KB, 650x800px
>>169169262
Go with Double slice.
The benefit of sonic raid is moving first, but if you have vanguard, I don't think there's a reason to keep using it.
>>
File: 1486179671698.jpg (241KB, 744x653px) Image search: [Google]
1486179671698.jpg
241KB, 744x653px
>>169164569
>didn't put walls on maps
>looked up maps on gamefaqs when i was lazy
>putting points in random skills
>named party after anime characters

dark times
>>
>>169164569
>tfw I'm having my first EO experience right now
everything is fairly good so far, I mapped everything perfectly with the power of autism and gods be damned this game is the epitome of comfy when you play it in a cold winter night under a blanket
the only fuck up I can think of is the early game skill point assignment for my medic and taking a dancer instead of another class of damage dealer
>>
File: 30059552.jpg (221KB, 570x800px) Image search: [Google]
30059552.jpg
221KB, 570x800px
>>
>>169171769
Dancer can be a good damage dealer.
Sword Dance lets their normal attack hit 1-4 times. The Nightseeker's Blade Flurry doubles that to 2-8 times - although the offhand hits will only do 30% damage so it's more useful if you use bind/ailment forges since more hits means more chances to inflict stuff.
Rush Dance lets you do a normal attack whenever another party member attacks or uses an offensive skill. Together that means your Dancer will just be slashing away like a maniac.
It gets even more crazy if you use a Link-Landy as every single strike of Sword Dance counts as a new action so it has a 100% chance to cause the Link to activate. Which usually maxes out your Link-proccs every single turn.

>>169164569
I sold every Formaldehyde I found because it sounded useless.
>>
File: pt.jpg (202KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
pt.jpg
202KB, 857x1202px
>>
>>169173630
It's a thing of beauty - but why are EO2 and EO2U on the same level?
All you need in EO2 is a Hexer for the game to bend over and call you daddy but EO2U needs at least a semblance of a real party (if only to feed Fafnir sterioids so he can blow stuff up). Als their levels of polish are worlds apart.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUs2_7SYAI8
>>
>>169176612
Still the best
>>
How much defence is needed in EO2U?

If I try to make a chase team work with

Fafnir/Landsknecht/Highlander
Alchemist/Princess

will I constantly die?
>>
>>169179746
those three are fairly tanky so maybe not as much as you normally would but you'll definitely see frequent oneshots of characters
>>
Why is EO such a comfy game?
>>
>>169180518
Map design that is actual design instead of a random dog turd traced with jagged edges with a few dead ends sprinkled to the sides like maps in your usual RPG are.

Interesting classes with sometimes varied playstyles that all horribly suck if you don't know what you are doing.
Beating the game is something you do, not something that is pre-programmed because the characters kick so much ass by default.

Enemies that are more about working together instead of just hitting very hard.
In fact, outside of the first and sixth stratum the big-pile-of-stats enemies are on their own usually the least threatening encounter because you have so much tools to shut them down.
Only the combination of damage, support and control that enemies throw at you is really dangerous.
(In the first stratum you often don't have the tools to deal with hard-hitting enemies quite as easily and in the sixth stratum they are so numorous their tactic to just murderate you can often wear you down.)

Great music and often beautiful places that even with their repeated textures are way more interesting to look at than just another gray brick wall in a dungeon and a dark brown cave.

A resource system that is designed not to keep you in the dungeon until you get bored and stop on your own but has you go back to refresh the TP of your characters when you still want to explore. So not only do your characters take a break you also have one and can get right back to exploring rejuvinated and fresh.
Also especially in the newer titles shortcuts that allow you to progress even when only taking a rather short trip into the dungeon.
You can either spend hours or just fifteen minutes in one sitting and feel like it was worth your time either way.

These are all great reasons you can tell people about should they ask you what you like about the franchise.

But we all know we are here because cute girls in armor. And sometimes cute girls without armor. And traps that look like cute girls in armor.
>>
>>169180114
Ok, I will try it out. Maybe I go for Guard Order before Attack Order to get a bit more sturdy.

Btw. could I use War-Revive on a character that is still alive to get the end-of-turn revival should they die?
>>
>>169182984
>came here to ask if EOIV game is worth buying
>see this post
>And traps that look like cute girls in armor
FUCKING SOLD MY MAN
I'M GOING TO BUY TWO COPIES AND GIVE ONE TO MY FRIEND TOO
>>
File: 29349067_p0.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
29349067_p0.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>169182984
Beautifully summed up!
EO really shines compared to other dungeon-crawlers in its comfyness
>>
>>169182984
That is really well written. Well done man.
>>
File: landsknecht_medic.jpg (65KB, 312x536px) Image search: [Google]
landsknecht_medic.jpg
65KB, 312x536px
>>169185478
landsknecht portrait 4 + recolor and medic portrait 4 + recolor
both are supposed to be male
>>
>>169188961
>landsknecht portrait 4 is male
I knew about the medic one
but I swear to god to this day I thought the landsknecht was a loli
my current party is never going to be the same, EOIV rused me
>mfw I made a party with 4 lolis (including that landsknecht) and that medic as my self insert
>in my fantasies we had hot secks orgies when we cleared dungeons
>now you are telling me that she (he) had a dick
I dont feel safe anymore, now I have to make him fuck me in my fantasies and make me her (his) cumdump
>>
File: best_runemaster.png (244KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
best_runemaster.png
244KB, 600x600px
>>
>>169189350
The great thing about having no voice-acting in IV, is that you can choose any portrait you want and with the help of some healthy autism just choose their gender yourself.
>>
File: 1466798679057.jpg (110KB, 310x463px) Image search: [Google]
1466798679057.jpg
110KB, 310x463px
>fighting some golem
>it'll die in one more hit so i use formaldehyde
>hit it and it goes down
>me and my party are about to sheath our weapons but the music hasn't stopped
>golem endured the hit and heals 3k hp
>we sheath our weapons anyway and hightail it out of there

What the fuck is this sorcery?! Why??!
>>
>>169194386
Because Golem without his health restore is really weak. And even with his health restore he isn't much.
It's an unexpected move that gets you once and never again.
>>
File: 1476375848179.jpg (40KB, 331x386px) Image search: [Google]
1476375848179.jpg
40KB, 331x386px
>>169192890
too late to change genders, I'm already her (his) cumdump
>>
>>169196069
A worthy fate, I presume.
>>
What would a good chain party for EOV final boss be?
>>
>>169192890
The only game that has voice acting for generic class characters is EO5, and even so, you can choose not to give them a voice or even giving boys a girl voice and vice versa.
>>
>>169196069
cute girl
>>
>>169197229
2 fencers, a rabbit, and whatever else your heart desires.
>>
Just picked up EO2:U, curious how elemental chaser and link order work. Is it elemental attack -> chase -> link order? Or elemental attack -> link order -> chase?

Can you still craft an element onto a weapon? There's not too much variety for elemental damage dealing classes up in here.

Also do status effects/binds suck, or are they a viable strat this time around?
>>
>>169201502
It should be either
elemental attack -> Chaser -> Link Order (from elemental attack) -> Chaser
or
elemental attack -> Link Order -> Chaser (from elemental attack) -> Chaser (from Link Order)

Damagewise those two are identical. Link Order will only work once per turn, Chasers have a chance to procc more often (chance goes up as you increase the rank of the skill)

You can not forge an elemental on weapons. If you want elemental normal attacks a Troubadour or consumable items can help you.
But as with forged elementals they are only influence normal attacks. If you use a skill with cut damage it will still deal only cut damage even with an elemental infused weapon.

Not much variety for elemental damage? Alchemist, Gunner and Fafnir (Story exclusive class - can be used in Classic only via New Game+ from a Story save) have easy and useful access to all three of them.
Landknecht, Souvereign and Highlander (DLC class as it was introduced in EOU) can copy that element.
And Ronin also has all elements (even all physical ones) although it's not that good of an idea to try and use them all since you would spread your skill points thin.

Also if you are thinking about fighting enemies that are resistant to physical elements an honorable mention goes out to Ailment Cut, a really strong War Magus skill that ignores cut resistance.

Binds/ailments are strong. They are only influenced by LUC in this game (as opposed to being influenced by TEC and LUC in earlier titles) and there are some passives that increase ailment chance even further.
Accumulated resistances are still a thing but they only persist for ten rounds so in long boss battles you can inflict the same bind/ailment multiple times.
>>
>>169203236
How many bosses are completely immune to various ailments and binds?

Debating between a chase/link order focused team and a bind/ailment focused team.
>>
>>169203441
There is a single boss that is immune against all but one of them and some bosses have a few immunities but for the most part you will have a choice as to what you want to inflict.

Personally I would take the bind/ailment route.
The War Magus' Ailment Cut needs an ailment on the enemy but deals really good damage.
And the Dark Hunter's Ecstasy deals more damage the more binds an enemy has. With two binds the damage is already amazing but with three it becomes outright insane. (Though the final post-game boss is immune to one of the binds.)
With a single turn of set-up you can two-shot some post-game bosses on Expert using Trance and a three bind Ecstasy.

Also a bind/ailment party can take a defensive support (Beast or Protector) along without losing much whereas Chasers want as many activators as possible.
>>
File: 29389633.jpg (182KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
29389633.jpg
182KB, 1000x600px
>>
Didn't get an answer in the last thread but what causes Crossing the Sanzu to activate twice sometimes off a hit?
>>
What should I put my 5 extra points into for my Hexer? LUC or is Poison+5 worth it later in game? EO2 btw
>>
>>169209378
Not sure if I've seen this happen apart from an additional chase off of a chain attack.
>>
>>169210668
It happens like once every 5 chases or something. Been trying to figure out what triggers it but can't figure it out.
>>
>>169210659
Poison is much better. LUC barely has an effect in EO2 because everything that isn't a random encounter heavily resists ailments to a point where it pretty much does nothing.
>>
>>169212691
Was unsure how useful LUC would be, thanks. Was only weighing the two since I have a DH with Viper and wasn't sure it was necessary to have two poison skills
>>
OPPAI LOLLI : THE GAME
>>
>>169215159
No.
>>
What's the best game to play first?
>>
>>169211878
Any chance it's that skill that allows other skills multiple activations?
>>
>>169215961
EO4.
It is the most forgiving when it comes to party composition (as in: nearly every halfway decent party works).
Also it's the only one with an actual overworld (aside from EO3's sailing minigame) so if you come from other RPGs the transition won't be as jarring as being restricted to a single dungeon might be.
When you come from other turn-based dungeon crawlers you will probably feel right at home anyways.

It's also the easiest so you won't get your ass handed to you quite es often as if you started with EO2U or even EOU.

Lastly of all the 3DS titles it has the least amount of QoL stuff so it's smoother to go forwards from there than to go backwards from the Untolds.

EO3 would also be possible buts it's an DS game and you can feel its age...
>>
>>169194386
that's his gimmick
>>
>>169216368
It's either that or the one that lets normal attack hit multiple times. Looks like it has a lower activation rate than normal though.
>>
V WHEN
>>
>>169218024
After P5
>>
>>169216976
Thanks buddy
>>
>>169189350
There's always 2 boys and 2 girls, anon. The 2 girls are obvious because Bandana's one and the other girl's in the same pose, and the first guy has the same pose as the shota.
>>
>>169220358
How come EO5 is only half a gb big? It seems like it'd take up more space than that.
>>
>>169218024
Atlus NA has the worst translation team, mostly because I imagine JP screws them over.
>P5's international versions get a launch date like 2 weeks before the JP version drops.
>The president of the NA branch went on-record as saying they hadn't even seen the script yet and localization had only JUST began.
I don't think anybody was surprised that it got delayed, just really fucking annoyed.
>>
>>169221586
Did not mean to reply. Fuck.
>>
>>169221586
The mazes in EO4 and stratums in the Untolds were safed as a whole whereas in EO1-EO3 and EO5 everthing is generated on the fly.
This is why the view distance is so small - the game literally does not know what is further away than what you can see.

Also there is neither an overworld nor (afaik) any anime movies to store.

So the half gb is enemy models, textures, animations, music, SFX, voices, portraits and UI. Also lots of numbers and letters but those are cheap to store.
>>
File: LPtfj1c.gif (710KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
LPtfj1c.gif
710KB, 267x200px
>>169157605
should I buy Persona Q
>>
>>169223797
if you have shittasteitis
>>
>>169222921
>V has no overworld
What? Why?
>>
tfw no runemaster gf
>>
>>169225091
It's just s straight climb up the tree - what would you need an overworld for?

The only time you ever see more than just the town or the tree itself is in the character creation screen that shows you where the different races live.
And that's a still image that's just a bit of fluff.
>>
>>169223797
it's ok if you either like persona characters or want more eo gameplay
the dungeons are very good actually
just don't use hama or mudo spells because they utterly trivialize the game
>>
File: 1445905270285.jpg (53KB, 411x402px) Image search: [Google]
1445905270285.jpg
53KB, 411x402px
Only 40 more days until Atlus announces bringing over EOV
>>
File: Runemaster.png (958KB, 882x1506px) Image search: [Google]
Runemaster.png
958KB, 882x1506px
>>169225826
Why couldn't she just be real..
>>
>>169226216
It would have been cool to have different towns to go to like in 3.
They have 4 different races for different parts of the town.
It would have been cooler if you teleported to the town for what you need, instead of just one city.
>>
>>169226827
think you have the wrong pic friend
>>
Are there any physical attack mist items in V?
>>
>>169223797
As somebody that got it on sale, I'm glad I got it on sale.

The game is either ridiculously easy or hardcore screws you over for not bothering to have the A+ perfect team from the start. The third stratum wasn't even hard, it was just irritating as fuck to have to deal with "ambush+corrosion" every other fight, despite being overleveled as fuck.

The puzzles aren't good and can't be interrupted, the final stratum is "dodge this reaper for 2 hours and execute this SPECIFIC MOVEMENT PATTERN OVER 5 FLOORS", and the only good aspects of the game can be found on youtube.

Get it on sale, or just download the soundtrack and pretend it goes to a good game.
>>
File: 1484634736655.jpg (1MB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1484634736655.jpg
1MB, 1181x1748px
>>169226968
So you like blue-haired better? Not complaining.
>>
>>169226827
No the other one
>>
>>169227493
more like the pale-blue haired one
>>
File: 0ecab73e79ef5d8d8cf408d2bf68163f.jpg (118KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0ecab73e79ef5d8d8cf408d2bf68163f.jpg
118KB, 800x1000px
>>169227790
>>
>>169225091
People (rightfully) complained that the overworld removes the dungeon crawling feeling and immersion of the other games, so they listened and made it like the older games again.
>>
>>169228537
The overworld puzzles in III and IV were pretty fun though. Did they make up for the lack of overworld with bigger dungeons or something similar then?
>>
>>169228906
They made up for it with some of the best stratums and puzzles in the series
>>
>>169228342
the other girl!
>>
>>169228906
III sea exploration was great because it was a huge puzzle area

IV was shit because most of the areas were empty landscapes with nothing to do. they were nice though.
>>
File: 68405.png (36KB, 1270x540px) Image search: [Google]
68405.png
36KB, 1270x540px
>>169229034
>They made up for it with some of the best stratums and puzzles in the series
ahem
>>
File: best.jpg (104KB, 850x770px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
104KB, 850x770px
>>169164569
My party was terrible, I didn't use subclasses and my only reliable attacker was an arbalist. I didn't have problems until Kirin, just because that fire attack destroyed my party after 30 turns. I also sold the stat boost books because I thought they worked like bravants.
>>
>>169230052
I don't know - trial-and-error-ing your way through a teleporter maze and doing the same (horribly slow paced) FOE puzzle over and over again was not too great.

I liked B26F and B27F of EOU more than B29F.
B28F and B30F are outright boring in their design and frustrating in execution so overall I am not too hot on Clearet Hollows.
It's not bad especially with everything very effectively trying to murder you - but outright the best?
>>
File: 59731.png (56KB, 1100x530px) Image search: [Google]
59731.png
56KB, 1100x530px
>>169230052
*cough*
>>
>>169226343
Screencapping this just in case you're psychic.
>>
File: 59743.png (75KB, 1100x530px) Image search: [Google]
59743.png
75KB, 1100x530px
>>169231760
You posted the wrong map m8
>>
>>169231760
>barred from entering campsite and opening nearby shortcut until after the story fight in the central room

Well fuck you too, Olympia.
>>
Are there any stratums with better map design that EOV's 5th stratum?
>>
>>169232592
>>
>>169232356
This is probably my favorite map in the series.
But fuck floor 23, I fucking hate that shit.
>>
>>169233318
Just kill the sheep first
>>
>>169233991
Floor 23 was the one with the spin tiles and invisible areas if I recall correctly.
>>
>>169232956
No seeeing as how it's a fucking halo and the map fucking loops, blew my mind because I didn't know what 円環 meant I thought it meant circle, then I realize I went from one side of the map to the other, that's when everything came together
>>
>>169236085
I was amazed by it on the first and second floor and then the third floor made me love it even more.
>>
File: 49076490_p6_master1200.jpg (209KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
49076490_p6_master1200.jpg
209KB, 500x500px
U3 when
>>
File: Peach.jpg (382KB, 700x774px) Image search: [Google]
Peach.jpg
382KB, 700x774px
EOV when
>>
File: 951f02d5d9296ba2d4dae6a9e73f7a16.jpg (721KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
951f02d5d9296ba2d4dae6a9e73f7a16.jpg
721KB, 724x1024px
So, what's better in U1, many characters with 3 points in the gathering skills or one with one maxed?
>>
>>169228906
Yes. They gave us a dungeon with 30 floors again, and made it more tightly and well designed. All that time spent focusing on the main reason to play the game instead of side stuff was well spent.
>>
>>169243796
35 with Gladsheim
>>
File: 47859368_p6_master1200.jpg (160KB, 600x485px) Image search: [Google]
47859368_p6_master1200.jpg
160KB, 600x485px
>>
>>169247870
>tfw this work was deleted
>tfw this pic is cursed forever to master1200 sample
>>
>>169245483
>EOV
>Gladsheim
>>
Fuck. I have a huge urge to play an EO game, but I've already completed EOU and EOU2 like 7 times each, EO4 is boring as fuck and EO3 still isn't supported in Bootstrap.

Fuck you Atlus. I could've been playing EO5 if you gave a fuck about the series.
>>
>>169252780

Play EMD. :^)
>>
>>169252780
Just play V or Mysterious Dungeon
>>
>>169252780
PQ :^)
>>
File: 1475370974800.png (763KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475370974800.png
763KB, 750x750px
>tfw to week to farm claret hollows conditionals
>>
>>169254870
I'm unironically to intelligent to play ailment/bind spam teams
>>
Heal pls, Simon
>>
File: wallmeat.png (3KB, 302x218px) Image search: [Google]
wallmeat.png
3KB, 302x218px
>>169258949
>>
File: 1468858445458.png (1MB, 814x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1468858445458.png
1MB, 814x1058px
>>
File: C4Eddb8VYAIvKP4.jpg (109KB, 900x1180px) Image search: [Google]
C4Eddb8VYAIvKP4.jpg
109KB, 900x1180px
>>
File: d.png (755KB, 707x1005px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
755KB, 707x1005px
>>169263395
bobhead dragoon is very cute
>>
File: 56533241_p6.png (510KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
56533241_p6.png
510KB, 800x600px
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 857x1202px
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 850x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 850x700px
>>169265104
Dogs don't die in EOV, they just "leave" when their HP gets low.
>>
>>169265686

Last image should be an FF13 map.
>>
>>169265836
Those are all teleporting puzzles.
Does ff13 have tele puzzles
>>
>>169265940

Does me wishing I could teleport myself away from the game count?
>>
File: 34669375.png (1MB, 1280x1700px) Image search: [Google]
34669375.png
1MB, 1280x1700px
>>
File: bot_0000.png (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bot_0000.png
18KB, 320x240px
>>169265940
How about 7th Dragon
>>
File: CdB8yKVUUAEppDZ.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CdB8yKVUUAEppDZ.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>
tfw finally beat the first boss with my three man team (with help from a hired fencer)

>golem explodes
>herblist reaper dies sacrificing herself to save the dragoon because the walls must stay up
>she was already 6 levels behind so no need to worry about even exp
>masurao manages to finish off the main body before it can grow legs again
>little golem things take down the last bunker
>death comes closer with every attack
>dragoon pulls off that post turn union healing move
>too bad the fencer didn't last that long
>3 turns later with literally 5 hp left, masurao reaches 100% and unions the fuck out of the last three golem things
>wew, we won
>take a three day holiday and send fencer home

I haven't had to try this hard in a while
The fire in my heart nearly got blown out
>>
how do i kill these fucking depth dancers
>>
>>169272358
Is there someone out there making crack pairings at random, hoping one sticks?
How did farmerXhighlander even happen?
>>
File: CUuzebPUAAAJgoo.jpg (56KB, 580x464px) Image search: [Google]
CUuzebPUAAAJgoo.jpg
56KB, 580x464px
>>169272443

Don't question it.
>>
>>169272707
>>169272443
The kid was picking up Shiitakes and found her
>>
>>169273017
I should go pick Shiitakes...
>>
File: 49193609_p7_master1200.jpg (220KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
49193609_p7_master1200.jpg
220KB, 600x693px
>>
>>169272379
>she was already 6 levels behind so no need to worry about even exp

how do you live with yourself? I can barely stand to look at uneven XP bars but to have levels that uneven is plain disgusting.
>>
File: arcanist1_2.jpg (131KB, 521x486px) Image search: [Google]
arcanist1_2.jpg
131KB, 521x486px
>>
>>169280462
Twig is my fetish
>>
File: rosa_foe.jpg (82KB, 340x766px) Image search: [Google]
rosa_foe.jpg
82KB, 340x766px
>>
>>
File: 48415122_p0.png (269KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48415122_p0.png
269KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>169263395
FFV?
>>
>normal is to slow
>fast is too fast
Why couldn't they stick to the battle speed in EO III/IV
>>
>>169273017
I wish I knew how to draw. I would do a silly comic where Shiitake is sleeping in the middle of the shiitake fields, where the farmer boy is harvesting them, then he sees a big and delicious one, goes to pick it and he realizes it was her pin. Shiitake would then wake up and freak out because of her missing pin, since finding it in the middle of so many real shiitakes would be impossible. Then the boy hands it back to her, and as thanks she gives him a sweet cheek kiss and a hug.
>>
>>169277609
When I'm just gathering and training, I put her in the middle so the exp bars are symmetric
She should be caught up by 23 or 24 so I'll give everyone a rest then

I'm more worried about being outnumbered and outgunned desu
>>
File: C5MTvIjVcAAnnE_.jpg-orig.jpg (97KB, 573x800px) Image search: [Google]
C5MTvIjVcAAnnE_.jpg-orig.jpg
97KB, 573x800px
Look at those bones!
>>
File: 49169832_p0.jpg (186KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
49169832_p0.jpg
186KB, 800x800px
>>
File: Dirty.png (521KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty.png
521KB, 800x800px
>>169302706
>>
>>169302706
>sex book
>>
File: laughing bishoujos.jpg (411KB, 1433x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bishoujos.jpg
411KB, 1433x720px
>>169260292
>pervert
>>
File: lenna.jpg (243KB, 565x727px) Image search: [Google]
lenna.jpg
243KB, 565x727px
>>169293146

I don't see it.
>>
File: 1462189540770.jpg (7KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1462189540770.jpg
7KB, 186x208px
>>169304149
>Heart
>Diamond
>Club
>Another club
>>
File: 49294492_p0.png (499KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
49294492_p0.png
499KB, 800x800px
>>169307674
>on their heads
>>
>google tranlsate wiki
>"Characters with Lv 30 or higher can be executed."
that's one way to retire someone.

Also, why the fuck is heavenbringer such a shit? regenerated an arm in the same turn I destroyed it, started praying in the next and I couldn't stun it and died. Fucking bullshit, got it down to 25%
>>
File: 55570857_p0.jpg (1MB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
55570857_p0.jpg
1MB, 1050x1400px
>>
File: 14716191.jpg (243KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
14716191.jpg
243KB, 600x450px
>>
>>169295573
>he doesn't set everything to sonic mode
>>
>tfw I cant bring myself to continue playing EOIV because I have about 2 unspent skill points and I cant decide where to put them in order to get the best build
my autism is literally keeping me away from playing this comfy game, send help
>>
>>169319713
Just flip a coin and choose one. If it sucks you can Rest, it's not the end of hte world...
>>
In EOV why does Alcon keep talking to me whenever I enter the 6th stratum and return to town?
>>
What's the bare minimum needed to beat le millenom primmy? I already have two imperfect Action Boosts and a Burning Ray and Fire Torrent.
>>
>>169323132
I didn't understand a single word you just said.
Are you sure you are in the right general?
>>
>>169323423
>millenom
Probably in the right place to ask that question
>>
>>169323423
I think he is in the wrong general, he probably wants disguya general because Prinny is their main character or something
>>
>>169323132
You can beat it with that if you read its pattern and have a good enough strategy. To have a higher chance of killing it, get at least one Analysis and put it on Highlander, unless you're playing Classic, then give it to any other elemental attacker.
>>
So if I kill a FOE in EOIV, they will never respawn?
>>
They are censoring the necrololis in V aren't they
>>
>>169324464
They won't change the lolis for the west.
because there won't be a western release
>>
>>169324240
It takes them 7 days. Bosses take 14.
Some FOEs that are needed for puzzles respawn faster though.
>>
>>169324464
I would be ok with them censoring them if they put them in badass skull armor.
But since putting effort into making female characters more badass is not making any money they will probably just close their jackets.
Or even worse put ugly dark smoke as "shadow" around them...
>>
>>169324954
>I would be ok with them censoring them
fuck off anon
>>
File: 1462750561047.jpg (121KB, 557x844px) Image search: [Google]
1462750561047.jpg
121KB, 557x844px
>>169324954
>badass skull armor
>>
>>169321246
She is your new guild member that doesn't want to spend time with you outside the dungeon or contribute in the dungeon.
>>
>>169324026
Alright. Guess I still need to do a little more before taking him on.
>>
>>169325710
Is there anything I can do with her?
>>
fred
>>
The Hollow Queen just literally BTFOed my party before I could deal with her second wave of summons and take away 1/3 of her health
Any tips and tricks or I should just grind and out level her?
>>
>>169326812
Binds. Lots and lots of binds.
As opposed to any other enemy Hollows don't get accumulated resistances to binds.
So as soon as a bind drops you can apply it again with the exact same chances.
>>
>it's a game breaks in two after the Protector maxes Bravery's Gift episode
>>
>>169326639
Ricky
>>
which title has the best lolis?
>>
File: 20150926141240.jpg (167KB, 847x677px) Image search: [Google]
20150926141240.jpg
167KB, 847x677px
>>
>>169332893
That ass is just asking to be spanked real hard.
>>
>>169332759

EO5
>>
Why EO is so adamant against abilities which let you regenerate TP anyway?
>>
Was that snowy stratum as bad in EO2 as it's in EOU2? I'm starting to understand why people hate 2
>>
>>169334351
Troubadours can restore TP. War Magus' Curse Cut can restore TP. EO4 has a million passives that restore TP. Sovereign's Force Break can restore TP. Shamans can restore TP.

Aside from there absolutely being abilities that restore TP, running out of TP is a core principal of the series.
You need to manage your resources. The Labyrinth is not something to stroll through but a dangerous place.
And getting back before you had your fill means you don't get as exhausted as in other games where after long stretches of uninterupted exploration everything starts to feel samey.
>>
>>169334978
Labyrinth is not an issue anyway, the issue are bosses and their bullshit ass pool of HP where TP serves as an additional time limit because if you run out of TP at boss you can just load the save right away unless the boss is one hit from death. I miss 7th Dragon where you can just pick Princess and forget about TP like entirely unless you waste it in ludicrous amounts.
>>
>>169332893
Moh
>>
>>169335313
That's EO2U's shitty boss-design mostly.
In other titles HP totals are a lot lower and you have access to TP restoration way earlier than the fourth Stratum.

In other games it's closer to another layer of difficulty and planning as you can't simply dump all points into a skill without keeping TP costs in mind.
But EO2U TP starvation just plain sucks.
>>
File: moh.png (158KB, 451x315px) Image search: [Google]
moh.png
158KB, 451x315px
>>169335502
>>
Where did the meme "icy floors make you slip until you hit the ground or wall" started anyway? Like every japanese game with icy floors does that, that's not now ice works
>>
>>169337090
That's how japanese ice works, though
>>
>>169337591
JAPANESE ICE
FOLDED 1000 TIMES
SHARPER THAN A KATANA CAN'T STOP SLIPPING
>>
File: eog in a nutshell.png (55KB, 1531x179px) Image search: [Google]
eog in a nutshell.png
55KB, 1531x179px
reminder
>>
>>169338707

He's not wrong.
>>
>>169338707
>Raquna
>Straight
>>
>>169340984
>implying
>>
>>169340984

Raquna would fuck anything that offers her alchohol.

anything
>>
>>169334886
the torpor revenge climax train is picking up speed at that point in EO2

though naturally, syclla is a bitch
>>
>>169341408
Even me?!
>>
>>169342192
No, even alcohol is not a reason big enough to fuck you
>>
File: vHPDvBi.jpg (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
vHPDvBi.jpg
28KB, 200x200px
>>169342338
>>
File: i-069.jpg (95KB, 299x308px) Image search: [Google]
i-069.jpg
95KB, 299x308px
>>169342192
>>
File: ccc1d3cb39c242787633f4db6509ddba.jpg (453KB, 1000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ccc1d3cb39c242787633f4db6509ddba.jpg
453KB, 1000x1800px
>>169324954

>necrololi
>on skull armor

That would suck DESU
>>
File: 1480302378677.png (327KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
1480302378677.png
327KB, 892x528px
>skipping FOEs is a viable and mandatory tactic through the whole series
>except for that one boss which doesn't even do anything outside of standing between you and cutscene room
>hurr you have no time to explore, go deal with the boss, we will totally skip the fact the whole reason you're here is exploring and leaving the dumb bitch fooled on the ceiling doesn't constitute as dealing with her
>>
>>169344528
>he doesnt kill FoEs as he sees them
>>
Shit happened and i did a year big break after starting eou2, remind me why they want to restore fafnir knight back this hard? He can transform into a badass motherfucker and kick ass hard, yet Arianna gets ridiculously upset about it, is he in pain or danger somehow while transforming?
>>
>>169346257
Fafnir knights are a battery for the yggdrasil core to eat for 100 years

Arianna does not want to throw away the only penis she has ever known to a monster for purposes of breeding

power of science is abitch
>>
>>169345962
>even coming close to a red FOE
nope
>>
>>169346572
Seriously they hate science too much
>>
File: 45514089_p4.png (380KB, 1000x757px) Image search: [Google]
45514089_p4.png
380KB, 1000x757px
>>
>>169173630

>EO1 on the same level as EO4

I know immunize was broken but it wasn't hold your hands easy like EO4 was.

Also EO1 without immunize is the hardest EO in the series
>>
Is EO5 worth hacking my DS over or should I wait until it comes to North America.

It is coming to NA right?
>>
File: 1438587486648.jpg (46KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
1438587486648.jpg
46KB, 460x346px
>>169348986
>It is coming to NA right?
>>
>shitsona 5 localization gets in the way of the localization of a quality game

fuckin' personafags
>>
>>169349271

We should steal back the release date.
>>
>>169348986
Maybe if you want other nippon games. Hacking it anyway, I think, is worth it
>>
>>169336526
I want to see Moh lay eggs haha
Just curious haha.
>>
>>169337090
The gimmick makes sense sort of in eov.
How do battles mid-air work though?
>>
>>169349749

I hear if you shut the DS while its on you will brick it
>>
File: Olympia.jpg (45KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
Olympia.jpg
45KB, 371x500px
Olympia's English name is a reference to the automaton with the same name in the short story, The Sandman by E.T.A. Hoffmann.
I just thought this was interesting.
>>
File: The_hoff.png (47KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
The_hoff.png
47KB, 256x192px
>>169349862
>Hoffmann

uh oh
>>
>>169350636
Yeah, that's when you downgrade to 2.something
It's best to get that bit of the process done quick
>>
File: 9364740.gif (109KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
9364740.gif
109KB, 500x549px
So is best landshark a DLC yet?
>>
File: weed.jpg (157KB, 434x457px) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
157KB, 434x457px
>>
https://exhentai.org/g/1030942/34ab7d649f/

Myyy
>>
>>169358247
>suddenly be able to go to exhentai now
Wait, when did this happen? So I really just had to wait for a few weeks
>>
>>169358247
>>169359053
>sad beast meme
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (448KB, 504x1142px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
448KB, 504x1142px
>>169358247

This is my fetish.
>>
>>169359353
Stop adding meme to every single thing
>>
>>169348534
Double imperial is most fun though
>>
>>169348534
Then you use boosted Hexer curses to equal immunize
>>
File: 35039222_p0.jpg (223KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
35039222_p0.jpg
223KB, 500x300px
>>
File: 60987575_p0.jpg (1MB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
60987575_p0.jpg
1MB, 1000x1100px
>>169364358
>>
>>169358247
Cute panda
>>
>>169358247
Note: Don't trust on cute herbal midget
>>
File: 54266964_p4.jpg (686KB, 754x1063px) Image search: [Google]
54266964_p4.jpg
686KB, 754x1063px
>>
>>169367165
I aprove of this couple
>>
>>169367165
I wonder if Highlanders will be back in EO3U. Hoplites and Wildlings were pretty underwhelming lancers.
>>
File: 49346194_p9_master1200.jpg (328KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
49346194_p9_master1200.jpg
328KB, 800x800px
>>
File: 29481366_p0.png (1MB, 1050x970px) Image search: [Google]
29481366_p0.png
1MB, 1050x970px
>>
>>169368707
I hope THE Highlander returns.
Storywise it would make sense since there are two factions.
Highlander and Ricky get hired by the Senatus, Arianna and Flavio work with the Deep City to get Fafnir out of the new dungeon with a name from nordic mythology.
Chloe is off nursing Bertrand as he started aging again and at a really fast rate at that so both are not in the game.

4th Stratum boss is not some random monster just being summoned and never talked about again but Highlander and Ricky or Arianna and Flavio.

And yes, I mainly hope that's the case because I want to beat up Flavio and bully Arianna.
>>
File: qZqZStD.jpg (225KB, 850x907px) Image search: [Google]
qZqZStD.jpg
225KB, 850x907px
>>
File: WVW69kGZL7AVGkianV.jpg (224KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGZL7AVGkianV.jpg
224KB, 400x240px
>>169374036
>bully Arianna
Don't, she just wants to eat monsters and sex up Fafnir
>>
>>169164569
>play EO1
>make 3 man party
>get ass destroyed by that boot moles encounter because 3 man parties don't cut it here, especially when you have no idea what the fuck are you doing
>play something else because it's DS and it has ridiculous amount of RPGs
>Forget about EO with all those games until i buy a 3DS and eventually EO4
At least i had my revenge years later
>>
>>169228537
IMO they could just combine this and have different areas with traditional 10 floor dungeon in each. Overworld made more sense than "you go up a floor and end up in a completely different environment for no reason at all, it's magic ain't gonna explain shit". Side areas was also a good idea, just needed to be more complicated
>>
>>169380767
EO has a pretty small team behind it. And putting several people on overworld duty will delay the next release which costs a lot of money or will cut into the quality of the dungeoneering.
The Overworld is not simply wished into existence. You need to design the map, textures, UI icons, movement animations in case of a vehicle, the vehicle itself and of course stuff to fill the overworld with.
That is a lot of work and if the only pay-off is "well it makes more sense that way" then it's really not worth it.
>>
>>169383504
They already have the overworld and just have to improve on it? I don't even think people complained more about overworld itself and not about dungeons having 3-4 floors in general (although i fail to see how having 3 4-floor dungeos is somehow worse than having one 10 floor one, it's not like anyone beats all the tree without resting ever, not sure if it's even possible)
>>
File: 7th Dragon (TR)_03_32309.png (59KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
7th Dragon (TR)_03_32309.png
59KB, 256x384px
ded general
>>
>>169164569
IV. I carefully read through the starter pastebin here and put together a nice linking team.

Also I used door icons for shortcuts.
>>
>>169351281
I keep forgetting how terrible that font was.
>>
>>169387291
ded series
>>
Any way to manipulate grimoire creation or those are completely RNG? I just got some grimoire with additional TP regen after fight and i might need more of these
>>
>>169389569
I believe there is some food that makes it more likely that these additional effects get put on a grimoire.
Also the level of the effect gets higher in higher floors. The DLC floor will always give you the best results but it also sucks balls to fight there.
>>
File: 56675179_p1.jpg (358KB, 700x663px) Image search: [Google]
56675179_p1.jpg
358KB, 700x663px
>>169389569
What game? Because you can get multiples grimoires (at random rates) in untold 2 and in the first one, it's always going to be the last skill used when you get a grimoire chance.

They are RNG, but it's easier to get active skills over passive or enemy skills because most of the time, you'll get the skill you just used.
>>
>>169389569
If you're talking about the bonuses in U2, those are dependent on stratum, so stay in the area for what you want. But they're really tiny bonuses and not really worth the trouble. The only bonuses that really matter are the rare ones that you get from trading with one-time visitors after you finish developing an area in town.
>>
File: mlday.jpg (32KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
mlday.jpg
32KB, 500x587px
>>169173630
>le brainpower meme
>>
>>169157605
Trapshark > Bandana
>>
File: 7th.Dragon.full.25469.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7th.Dragon.full.25469.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
Stop dying
>>169394519
gay
>>
>>169394519
Trapshark > Bandana > Bobshark
>>
File: WVW69kGw9hQlDfVgkX.jpg (210KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGw9hQlDfVgkX.jpg
210KB, 400x240px
What the fuck
>>
Why are Runemasters so bundled up in winter clothes?

Does using magic make your blood run cold or something?
>>
>>169396864
Nerds with weak immune systems.
>>
>>169396864
It's to make Comfymaster more comfy, no other reason needed.

But really, all EO mage-classes have some wierd accessiore.
Alchemists have their glove, Zodiacs have freaking wings and Warlocks have pipes on their back.
Compared to that a winter hat is really not much. But it keeps Runemasters from being a generic staff-wielding girl in robes like mages in so many other franchises are.
>>
Do i need anything special to get Walnuts? Those fucking things refuse to drop
>>
>>169398065
Walnuts like the food ingredient for U2? Those don't drop, you chop them from the first strat. I think it's the point on the third floor to the upper left.
>>
>>169396864
>Get too hot
>Use mild ice-magic to cool down
>Get too cold, use magic to warm up

>Clothes no longer for warmth, only fashion
They think it looks good. And so do I.
>>
>>169398338
I just keep getting asparagus off chop points, it fucking sucks
>>
>>169400929
The food you pick up at chop points is set, anon. You'll always gather the same type of ingredient from the same point. Go try the other one.
>>
U-umm... >_<
How do you get the EO5 rom to run in Citra? xD
>>
>>169396864
don't bully runemaster gf
>>
>>169401420
Kill yourself.
>>
>eov
>cestus one two + crossing sanzu
>8 powerful hits
Found the new meta.
>>
File: 49363690_p27.png (720KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
49363690_p27.png
720KB, 800x534px
>>169399717
What about the fluffmaster I spec'd purely for Volt?
>>
File: WVW69kGbGyAEWWzGJH.jpg (218KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGbGyAEWWzGJH.jpg
218KB, 400x240px
>>169401059
>The food you pick up at chop points is set
for what fucking purpose
>>
>>169401420
Decrypt it. Don't ask how because I have no idea.
>>
>>169401420
It weirds me out how 12 year olds are still typing like this in 2017
>>
>>169401420
I had a rom ready for citra but the comp I had that on Blue Screend
>>
>>169401779

Because RNG gathering a shit.

eo3 overlord squid.png
>>
>>169401779
To reduce RNG fuckery, I guess. Walnuts are guaranteed to be available at one point, asparagus is guaranteed to be available at the other.
>>
>>169401420
Emojis are only allowed with your friends
>>
>>169401776
Fluffmaster must know basic magic, which doesn't have to be specced for, like Wingardium leviosA and temperature altering
Yes I'm this autistic
>>
I want to see Ricky in fluffmaster clothes
>>
i want to see ricky in a casket
>>
File: 60317552_p8.jpg (254KB, 700x892px) Image search: [Google]
60317552_p8.jpg
254KB, 700x892px
>>169405150

I want to see Ricky in a Necromancer outfit.
>>
>>169405102
I think I saw a drawing of that in Pixiv, but I didn't save it. Or was it with another class?
>>
>>169405620
Probably in gunner clothes
>>
I want to feel my head against Bertrand's large, protective chest...
>>
>>169405970
Go to bed, Chloe.
>>
File: autism loli.jpg (412KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
autism loli.jpg
412KB, 1366x768px
>>169406121
>>
>>169405970
gay
>>
>>169396864
I was thinking rather the opposite of >>169399717 in that the insulated clothes would block out both the extreme heat and cold generated by rune spells.

Their boots are probably lined with rubber, too.
>>
File: WVW69kGxy1wQLu7ikJ.jpg (196KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGxy1wQLu7ikJ.jpg
196KB, 400x240px
Why is she so lewd
>>
>quest needs FoE to be dead to be complete
Why is this allowed
>>
>>169410078
Because challenges are fun?
>>
>>169410397
>fighting oneshot wall of HP is fun
>>
>>169410514
Well, you always could... do the quest later.
There is nothing forcing you to do a quest as soon as it becomes available.
And if your autism is to strong to allow any unfinished quests there are worse quests than a FOE that will be minced meat in two or three levels.
Like optional bosses that are still hard ten levels after you first unlocked their quest...
>>
>>169410078
>test of picnic
>>
>>169411882
what
>>
>>169410514
Status effects, binds, buffs, extra healing items...
Leveling until the FOE aura is blue?
>>
>>169412391
>Ded
>Ded
>Ded?
>>
>>169412391
>Status effects, binds
yeah have fun actually landing these
>>
File: 50949635_p1_master1200.jpg (215KB, 595x735px) Image search: [Google]
50949635_p1_master1200.jpg
215KB, 595x735px
>>
Is Chain Killer any good?
>>
>>169415561
What is she even doing?
>>
Will I be okay if I just have a team full of cute flat girls?
>>
>>169416124
Meh, questionable.
If you have a Herbalist and Reaper you can make it very likely that an ailment will stick by stacking debuffs.
And if you get some binds together with the ailment your damage will be really nice.

But if you have a party that is build around shutting down the enemy with ailments and binds, why do you have a Chain-Fencer in the first place?

I mean, if you only have a single person using binds/ailments you could use Chain Killer to speed up random encounters.
But there is so other stuff a Chain-Fencer should put points in first.
>>
>>169416143

Bullying.
>>
>>169416925
Yeah, kinda
>>
File: 1367206757873.jpg (20KB, 161x235px) Image search: [Google]
1367206757873.jpg
20KB, 161x235px
>>169416925
>>
>>169417304
A great read and a heartwarming story. Only the ending was a bit lame.
>>
>>169412374
AKA casual filter, trial by fire, etc.

>>169410514
>>169412587
>>169413848
Casual detected. This series doesn't hand out achievements on a silver platter; you have to work toward them using all available resources, efficient strategy, and occasionally some good old-fashioned grinding.

Fortunately you're in a helpful community that won't just tell you to git gud like some others I know. What FOE are you having trouble with?
>>
>>169416143
Preventing recoil
>>
>>169416124
It activates when you land ailments and binds, so if you have ways of inflicting those, sure. It even works with Chain Double, so if you get lucky, you can deal a lot of damage. Don't bother with it if Chain Blast is your only way of inflicting things, since that has priority over Chain Killer.
>>
Where the fuck is EO V's western release? Has anyone even tried to make a fan translation?
>>
>>169423123
No everyone just assumes the game will come out eventually, and there are enough English resources to allow one to get through the game comfortably even untranslated.
>>
>>169423123

>>168632136
>>
>>169423123
In the land of nonexistence, no one cares about niche games anymore
>>
>>169164569
I used a punch monk.
>>
>>169164569
I thought the first FOE you encounter in EOIII was actually the first boss of the game and he was unavoidable. Obviously I got my ass kicked when I tried to fight him. It was only about an hour later that I realized he actually moves across the map and I have to avoid the big flying orange balls of death. Also I didn't draw maps that much and it obviously bit me in the ass.
>>
>>169423123
It's currently impossible, due to how the game uses a variation of the ACMP compression format, that no one made a recompressor for.
>>
Ricky's Odyssey when?
>>
>>169430690
Etrian Millenom Girl Don't Talk To Me Or My Daugher Again: Fuck Science
>>
Anyone have tips for the EOV level cap bosses?
>>
>you can defeat the wolf
Hell no i fucking can't, the damn dog deals some ridiculous damage even at yellow, and that's in the game where a blue walking pudding is a complete pushover even at red
>>
File: 1485633240101.png (403KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
1485633240101.png
403KB, 1024x574px
>>169430690

Soon.
>>
>>169431562
Needs a tree and Jack Frost on the hat.
>>
>>169431562
>didn't even change mario logo
>not changing hat to gunner hat
0/10 not even tried
>>
>>169431792
They didn't even bother changing スーパーマリオ to エトリアン
>>
Why EOU2 is so fucking obsessed with oneshots to your entire party
>>
File: 53714880_p7.jpg (248KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
53714880_p7.jpg
248KB, 800x900px
>>
>>169435968
Do not bully Ariana
>>
File: 51807938_p18_master1200.jpg (305KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
51807938_p18_master1200.jpg
305KB, 800x741px
>>169436818

But she's built for bullying.
>>
File: WVW69i_7HhAlZPBOgs.jpg (213KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69i_7HhAlZPBOgs.jpg
213KB, 400x240px
>>169437009
She's for adventires in the woods and eating monsters
>>
>>169437321
And she cockblocked herself.
>>
File: 45377763.jpg (418KB, 2048x1946px) Image search: [Google]
45377763.jpg
418KB, 2048x1946px
>>169435968
I liked her design but personality wise the ditzy, sheltered princess type has been overdone to death, like most tropes. They should have at least made her a yandere
>>
>>169438140
>yandere
ew
>>
EO set in a giant baobab when

all the NPC can be brown girls
>>
>>169438140
I wonder if she's that silly because they wanted to use all expressions Himukai drew for her.
>>
>>169438140
>They should have at least made her a yandere

They're saving that for the Kaishaku-happy Shogun in EO3U.
>>
File: 4745843.jpg (52KB, 292x404px) Image search: [Google]
4745843.jpg
52KB, 292x404px
>>169438140
>Fafnir-sama, why did Chloe enter your room last night?
>>
le faaf knite
>>
>>169439870
She wanted meat rod.
>>
File: 55997410_p54.png (280KB, 1120x450px) Image search: [Google]
55997410_p54.png
280KB, 1120x450px
>>
File: 119.jpg (58KB, 290x429px) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
58KB, 290x429px
>>169439537
That's what the artbooks are for. Plus Himukai draws the characters based on what the writer says, like he wasn't the one that decided she would be purple
>>
Yandere is shit tier, even worst than 90' tsundere
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 480x616px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 480x616px
Best yandere.
>>
>>169440290
>no faaf knite drawing
Pls
>>
Sending a girl like Arianna to the labryinths...
Surely they hoped she'd get rekt in there so they can get a cooler princess
>>
File: 1450813249978.jpg (41KB, 450x332px) Image search: [Google]
1450813249978.jpg
41KB, 450x332px
>>169438140
>tropes are bad
>unless I like them
>>
File: 011-02.jpg (352KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
011-02.jpg
352KB, 640x512px
anyone have this?
>>
File: image.jpg (559KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
559KB, 2048x1152px
What is the R-18 book with the popsicle?
Where can I read it?
>>
>>169447047
At this rate, we'll get anko no erohon 3 in english before EOV
>>
>>169447354
Isn't there a way to pay someone to buy shit at comiket?
>>
How to make herbalists faster?
I already gave mine boots.
Should I just give her agi accessories? Or would Agi⬆ Added armors be better?
>>
>>169447354
Persona 5 is a mistake
>>
File: 36757792_p6.png (379KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
36757792_p6.png
379KB, 600x800px
>>
the lumellien girl
>>
Almost done with the 3rd floor in EO2. I was given a lure bell before I was allowed through a door to continue. I'm guessing I need to use it or something will kick my ass? I'm level 13 and can wipe any enemy encounter in 1 turn but I haven't fought any FOEs aside from Gashtor.
>>
I want to bully ALL the Etrian girls
>>
File: the end of the medi girl.jpg (29KB, 167x216px) Image search: [Google]
the end of the medi girl.jpg
29KB, 167x216px
give me hope
>>
>>169452743
beyond the legend (of the eo series)

the end of the long time series (eo)
>>
>>169452743

I want to practice multiplication tables with that rabbit.
>>
File: 38726048.jpg (692KB, 862x1062px) Image search: [Google]
38726048.jpg
692KB, 862x1062px
>>
>>169442821
>Frederica had over 20 facial expressions, which I thought was too much in hindsight, so I asked Himukai to give me around 15 expressions for Arianna. I was taken aback when he submitted 53...! Counting her childhood portraits as well, it's well over 60! I was speechless...!
>>
File: delet this.jpg (15KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
15KB, 472x472px
>>169454715
>>
>>169457061
Himukai confirmed for shit taste.
>>
File: 47488441_p21.png (841KB, 1521x1841px) Image search: [Google]
47488441_p21.png
841KB, 1521x1841px
>>169457083
Why? They're getting married.
>>
File: i-275.jpg (728KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
i-275.jpg
728KB, 1448x2048px
>>
ded bump
>>
File: CocmcDnVYAA8Vzx.png (350KB, 701x761px) Image search: [Google]
CocmcDnVYAA8Vzx.png
350KB, 701x761px
>>169462162

Revive!
>>
>>169462686
please share the source, i hate twitter.
>>
>>169462769

https://twitter.com/tyrol915/media
>>
>>169454715
>ant queen in the background
Every time.
>>
>>169462928
Thanks anon
>>
What level should I be to not miss on Primmy?
>>
>>169465164
99R99
>>
>>169465164
Again?
>>
>>169164569
EOIII

Hoplite/Monk
Ninja/Zodiac/Arbalist

Ninja only did Dark Ether, even in the 5th Stratum.
Monk died so often I bodyguarded her with my Hoplite.
So basically three people on my team doing nothing to the enemy every fight.

But even worse, I maxed Spear Mastery on Hoplite and Fist Mastery on Monk so they could use normal attacks if they do nothing else.
Barely ever had a free turn with my braindead set-up and even then Masteries of course suck for damage.
>>
File: 48529071_p11_master1200.jpg (444KB, 1200x622px) Image search: [Google]
48529071_p11_master1200.jpg
444KB, 1200x622px
>>
File: i-013.jpg (689KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
i-013.jpg
689KB, 1448x2048px
>>
>>169467958
Ricky needs to be in EO3U so we can have brown Ricky.
>>
File: dancer.jpg (240KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dancer.jpg
240KB, 800x600px
>>
Primevil's last phase is B U L L S H I T
>>
>>169473360
>not killing him before he even does a single phase
>>
>>169473592
Teach me senpai - how do I turn Primmy into cheese?
>>
File: arcanist2_1.jpg (99KB, 539x350px) Image search: [Google]
arcanist2_1.jpg
99KB, 539x350px
>>
>>169479810
>literally fuckstick
>>
File: cute elephant-chan.png (207KB, 898x628px) Image search: [Google]
cute elephant-chan.png
207KB, 898x628px
drawfag here, was trying to draw the elephant boss thing in eo5's 2nd stratum. Didn't have enough reference other than its 3d model (which then since I haven't fought it yet, had to go around the stratum with it chasing after me just to take its picture)

is there any good artbook scan of eo5? or better, I just wanted the page with this elephant-chan design. Haven't finish the game so didn't want to spoil myself.
>>
>>169481901
>is there any good artbook scan of eo5?
Not at all. I think they were never scanned, same with Etrian Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>169482223
ah, it's a shame then.
>checks around if its available for order

wait, its not even out yet?
>>
>>169482362
ded series
>>
>>169482551
Well, then it's fitting that this general keeps dying.
>>
>>169484945
Yes
What did you expect from a really niche series in a really niche genre anyway, i'm surprised this general is even alive
>>
Trying to make a ten-man EO4 party where I use each main class only once and each subclass only once. How'd I do?

AM, BF, DS, FD, IR, LN, ML, NI, RB, SA
>>
>>169486207
autism
make a 5 imperial party instead
>>
Have I mastered Etrian Odyssey?
>>
>>169486807
>mastered
>a free slot is still left
>>
File: i-009.jpg (535KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
i-009.jpg
535KB, 1448x2048px
>>169486807
At least you got the 7th king grimoires.
Now go for classic mode.
>>
>>169164569
EO1, shortly after release, and it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I'd had in years and the reason I got back into RPGs. I'm a Wizardry vet so I knew to make a balanced party and map thoroughly.

On the other hand I retired characters at level 30, rested at least a couple of them later on just to reset a couple skill points, and made a guild of at least 15 characters and kept them all close to the same level. I probably spent twice as long to clear the game as I needed to. And then I deleted my save before I knew there was a stratum 6.
>>
File: I_222.jpg (383KB, 1279x1810px) Image search: [Google]
I_222.jpg
383KB, 1279x1810px
>>169487708
Have you heard of our Lord and Savior Ur-Devil?
>>
>>169487708
king grimoires are ridiculously easy to get now that the parameters are known

>days ventured
>monsters defeated
>total walked
>total en
>grimoires currently owned

match the last digit of all of these to 7 and the chance of getting a king grimoire will be literally 100%
>>
>>169488129
He can be UR-Angle
Or UR-Devil
>>
I was trying to make a linker party in EO IV with this:
L/R D/N M/L
R/B S/A
Will I get fucked over if I don't have a fortress? I want to keep the medic because I like her.
>>
>>169492147
Dancer + Medic will likely be enough defense.
Just have a bit of Boost ready for some of the bigger attacks.

But why is your Landy not a Bushi? Defiance, Power Boost and of course Blood Surge (Rank 1 or 2, never any higher) are way bigger damage increases than anything Runemaster sub can offer you.
Links are mixed elemental and physical, so they get boosted by pretty much anything.

Which also means you could use an Imperial for Hawk-Eye. Sub will be enough if you don't like them as main.
>>
>>169486807
>unironically naming your party "Psycho"

i'll bet your username in Call of Duty is something like XxX_S3pHir0th_420
>>
>>169489257
Where did you get this information?
I managed to get a lot of King Grimoires, but not with a 7, but any number really. In fact I was stuck for hours trying to get Fenrir grimoires with number 7, but managed to do in the fourth try with number 2
>>
>>169492147
>Will I get fucked over if I don't have a fortress?
No, Forts are not required for IV.
>>
ded game
ded general
EOV translation never
Fuck EOU2 and its oneshot paradise
>>
>>169498285
Ricky will save us all.
>>
>>169498285
A Ragelope licked this post.
>>
>>169501471
Ragelopes are just annoying and don't oneshot your entire fucking line with some lame charge attack while being a normal encounter, don't explode for a party-wide oneshot and don't use some force break abilities for party-wide oneshot out of the blue. In fact the most annoying thing in ragelopes is timing their kill to a cut attack
>>
>>169495015
Someone looked at the code and figured it out.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/709464-etrian-odyssey-untold-the-millennium-girl/74283921
>>
File: this taste.jpg (125KB, 599x461px) Image search: [Google]
this taste.jpg
125KB, 599x461px
>>169501471
>>
>>169502402
>4: 28.561%

Oh, so I wasn't wrong with my estimation (between 1/3 and 1/4).
>>
>>169502402
Nice
>>
>>169501842
So salty.
>>
>>169505139
Yes i am, shit gets old way too fast
>>
>reached postgame in EO4
>just now realized each hit from glacier rune triggers landsharks link skill
jesus, poor iwaoropenelep didn't stand a chance.
Well, he managed to petrify my medic. But who needs a medic when the monster is dead on the next turn anyway.
>>
>>169505981
Don't bully medics
>>
>>169498285
line guard every turn
>>
>>169506660
doesn't do shit
>>
>>169506869
defend
>>
>tfw no le faaf knite edit
>tfw no i can be yuor Angle/or ur-Devil edit
>>
>>169507604
Make one yourself then
>>
>>169498285
>Fuck EOU2 and its oneshot paradise
We got an cheap anon here, next time you might want to feed the bear fucker in the bar for some tips.

Some FOEs will one shoot you do things wrong.

This is why the quest is called Test of Picnic.
>>
>>169510120
don't remember the quest at all, what stratum it's in?
>>
>>169510943
Fourth. It's a quest that requires you to beat a rhino FOE to complete, but if you kill all of them, you get extra rewards. It's literally impossible to 100% it if you take the quest when it becomes available, unless you switch the difficulty to Picnic.
>>
>>169511148
Cool more trap quests, just what i wanted
>>
>>169482362
The EOV artbook came with the collector's edition of the game. There hasn't been any info on a separate print from what I understand.
>>
eo x senran kagura when
>>
>>169513132

No more titty monsters.
>>
File: 1446466294275.jpg (11KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1446466294275.jpg
11KB, 300x222px
>>169486807
Isn't that girl's name?
>>
File: mobile-suit-zeta-gundam-punch.jpg (115KB, 356x267px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-zeta-gundam-punch.jpg
115KB, 356x267px
>>169515498
>>
>>169515498
It''s okay, Highlander wear a skirt
>>
File: 36738746.jpg (123KB, 480x604px) Image search: [Google]
36738746.jpg
123KB, 480x604px
>>
>>169513132
does seisou no amazones count?
>>
>>169513132
Why would we want a crossover with weeaboo garbage
>>
i just beat floor 25 of eo2u and i think it's a good game guys looking forward to post-game
>>
>>169521656
Have fun with it.
It is probably the most seamless normal game to post-game transition in the entire series.
Basically it's more of the same just slowly becoming harder.
>>
File: ChmD2wMXAAA79Ew.jpg (104KB, 690x770px) Image search: [Google]
ChmD2wMXAAA79Ew.jpg
104KB, 690x770px
>>
defend grimoires
>>
>>169525116
collecting them and getting higher level ones are annoying, but i like the customization they provide
>>
>>169525116
Getting access to skills of other classes means you can mix and match.
Having a bunch of cumbersome RNG-shit instead of sub-classing means no class will share the fate of Princess and Ninja of EO3 and Bushi and Medic of EO4 - in that they are easily replaced by anyone using them as sub-classes.

The idea has its merits, the execution is shit. Even in EO2U.
>>
>>169525116
Attack Order in EO1U made my Ronin/Ronin/Ronin -Protector/Medic team very interesting
>>
>>169525116
can't beat the superbosses without them :^)
>>
>>169525116
70-60 extra skill points.
>>
>>169527709
theoretically you can :^^)
>>
>>169525116
Defend lack of grimoires. "Muh traditions" is not an argument.
>>
File: 1453503246114.jpg (187KB, 989x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453503246114.jpg
187KB, 989x1024px
Valkyrie class when?
>>
>>169532364
EOU3 (eq. never ever)
>>
What are Adventure Episodes?
>>
Man, the hall of darkness was good, if only it could have been a bit longer. But i liked it way more than EOU1s 6th stratum.
It took me way too long to realize that sliding on ice doesn't count as a step for the miasma filled room.
Now I only need to put the clues together, spray that bug and probably die because i'm only level 63
>>
>>169534139
>sliding on ice
holy shit does it ever stop
>>
Ricky the ____
>>
>>169537428
millenom girl
>>
>>169537428
cute
>>
>>169537428
rapemeat
>>
>>169537428

Hedgehog.
>>
File: ricky.png (983KB, 1424x599px) Image search: [Google]
ricky.png
983KB, 1424x599px
>>169538846
what the fuck
>>
File: 1461931646130.gif (132KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
1461931646130.gif
132KB, 310x266px
>>169538986
>That random ProtoSoul in there.
>>
File: 40095089.jpg (234KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
40095089.jpg
234KB, 667x800px
>>
I haven't played any titles released after 4. Should I play EOU, EOU2, or try and stumble through EOV?
>>
>>169542093
FLUFFMASTER A CUUUUUUUUUUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1473305779381.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1473305779381.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>Sekaiju no Anone 28 is out
>>
File: CiL-hhjUoAAtoPu.png (122KB, 500x528px) Image search: [Google]
CiL-hhjUoAAtoPu.png
122KB, 500x528px
>>
>>169542398
Link?
>>
File: 1455798880904.jpg (321KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1455798880904.jpg
321KB, 800x900px
Best girl.
>>
>>169546729
https://exhentai.org/g/1030942/34ab7d649f/
>>
Is it possible to create a party in EOV that covers all physical/elemental types, binds, and ailments? I'm anal about getting conditional drops.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>169547970
My party can.
>>
>>169548265
How's the damage and survivability?
>>
>>169548438
My 4 sword Masurao dies often but has a 50% chance of auto revive.
The union skill 気魄の楔 (spirit bind?) makes all physical attacks have a chance to bind.
If my masurao's crossing sanzu teams up with my cestus's one two it's highly likely the enemy will get fully bound.
Also lead blow plus sanzu also works afterwards to make sure the enemy dies.
>>
>>169534025
Dumb.
>>
>>169534025
Like dungeon events from before but now they give you a minuscule amount of exp and you waste time on the summary of what you just went through even though it lasts a minute at tops
>>
File: 1457046029157.jpg (235KB, 564x544px) Image search: [Google]
1457046029157.jpg
235KB, 564x544px
I can't take it anymore, I'm going full allahu akbar to Atlus!!!!!

EOV now or die
>>
Conditional: learn japanese
>>
Conditional: learn to make knots
>>
Conditional: Make Mediko climax first.
>>
File: 147097086375654.jpg (155KB, 750x741px) Image search: [Google]
147097086375654.jpg
155KB, 750x741px
>>169556738
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (236KB, 551x599px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
236KB, 551x599px
>>169557249
>>
File: 1474578632072.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474578632072.png
293KB, 633x758px
>tfw to inteliggent too forget about EOV until it's localized
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 857x1202px
>>
>>169559470
I still don't get this shitty meme
>>
>>169559470
You got the meme backwards, buddy.
>>
File: tfw two intellijent.jpg (444KB, 854x1202px) Image search: [Google]
tfw two intellijent.jpg
444KB, 854x1202px
>>169559470
>>
I WANT YOU
TO FEAR ME
I WANT YOU
TO HATE ME
>>
File: 1467480881670.png (7KB, 560x384px) Image search: [Google]
1467480881670.png
7KB, 560x384px
>>
File: i-091.jpg (853KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
i-091.jpg
853KB, 1448x2048px
>>
>>169562141
Delet this
>>
>>169557727
Which seikaju anone doujin is this one from?
>>
>>169567878

>>
>>169542206
Unless you can read moon I would play the Untolds first.
Even if you played the originals the floors are remade, the classes rebalanced.

EOU is harder than EO2U but has a bit less QoL so it's a toss up which you want to play first.
>>
>>169568048
Weird how the old anones look more like EO, I guess his art did improve but they aren't as EO-y
>>
>>169562141
If you were trying to sort them by meme status, then teach should be with milenom girl
>>
File: 49363690_p1_master1200.jpg (293KB, 580x852px) Image search: [Google]
49363690_p1_master1200.jpg
293KB, 580x852px
>>
>>169569562
It's somewhat emulating Himukai's growth.
The portraits of EO and EO2 are pretty plain but they get more complex and true to his developed artstyle as the games go on.
Just look at EO2U and compare Protector to Princess. There is a pretty big difference.

Similarly Minami Star also developed as an artist so his artwork is more his own instead of staying completely true to another's style.
But it's not a jaring as with other artists. You can still easily tell the source since it's close enough to the original.

Compare Asanagi for example. I love their work and all but their girls look pretty much the same.
If it was not explicitely mentioned what franchise their doujins are based on, I would have a hard time telling them apart just from looking at the art.
But all Sekaiju no Anone chapters are pretty clearly Etrian Odyssey based.
>>
File: Arianna.png (214KB, 522x599px) Image search: [Google]
Arianna.png
214KB, 522x599px
I recently noticed Arianna is wearing a skirt and some strange hanging metal sleeves to each side of her hip and now I live her design way less.

When I first glanced over her model I thought she was wearing a plate dress.
>>
>>169577470
Damnit Jim, she's a princess, not a hoplite
>>
File: XRmOg.jpg (245KB, 645x1000px) Image search: [Google]
XRmOg.jpg
245KB, 645x1000px
>>
File: 3.jpg (343KB, 552x968px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
343KB, 552x968px
>>
Why are other Wizardry inspired games so hellbend on copying all the most stupid gameplay elements of a 40 year old title?

>can only target enemy groups and hope your mooks kill someone instead of spreading their damage thin
>early game consists of both sides missing everything
>no skill points, characters learn talents on fixed levels (if at all)
>starting stats are both very important and random
>can only take certain classes if your starting stats roll was good enough
>can lose stats on level up if your starting stats were too good

The dungeons themselves are often not that bad and I would love to explore them just to get my dungeon crawling fix.
But character progression and gameplay sucks ass.
Etrian Odyssey spoiled me.
>>
>>169584960
>>can lose stats on level up if your starting stats were too good
What the hell? Why?
>>
>>169586141
If you make something like a Mage with a bunch of Vitality your first few level-up will have you lose one or two points of vitality each.

But rerolling stats until you have high bases is build right into the character creator.
And it helps a bunch in making your underarmored weaklings not die to a stiff breeze.
So there is no reason not to roll until you have something decent. But then you slowly lose what you rolled anyways.

Wizardry games hate their own mechanics, it seems.
>>
>>169547523
>drugs
>rape
dropped
>>
>>169559470
>le brain meme

Will it ever be funny?
>>
Would Chain Killer be good on a boss if someone had Bond of Spirit?
>>
>>169592291
I don't know the chances on actually inflicting stuff with Spirit Bonds. I can't imagine them to be good enough to make Chain Killer viable on its own.
But if you have someone throw their own ailment or bond in the mix while also dealing physical damage (so pretty much anyone besides a herbalist) it's bound to help make Chain Killer better.
>>
>>
>>169591897
>will a shit meme ever be funny
You really have to ask?
>>
>>169584960
because the majority of those games are pure nostalgia shit and nostalgiafags insist on bringing anything, including flaws, which they unironically pretend to be a part of the game
>>
>>169568351
>EOU is harder than EO2U
literally lies unless this is postgame content or something
>>
>>169600020
Are you talking about classic or story?

Because Fafnir and his cheerleaders are a way weaker party than what EOU gives you.
If you don't skill them all in a way to get at least some damage I could see someone having trouble with EO2U.

But in classic most things besides Scylla and Juggernaut become quite non-threatening since you can make a party that is not 1 damage dealer + 4 supports.
>>
>>169584960
Wizardry stat growths were actually random. Losing points on level up is more of a Class of Heroes thing IIRC, because stat growth was determined by the race and every character from the same race would have the same stats after gaining some levels.
>>
>>169584960
Now you've got me thinking about whether there are Wizardry mechanics that aren't a part of EO but could be interesting if they were.

Like if reviving skills had a chance to fail and turn a character to ashes, making them only revivable in town. This would be supplemented by a reduction in instant death attacks from enemies, of course. Nectars wouldn't fail but would be rarer and more expensive.
>>
>>169601761
Story obviously, why even play untold if you don't care about it
The problem isn't even damage dealing, it's damage taking, ebin memes like "you defeated the enemy and it explodes for double your party HP lmao get fucked scrub" or "you have to kill that enemy ASAP or wipe with no warning" and overabundance of puzzles, like stop with the rotating wolves and ice floors holy shit, random encounters are already a pain in the ass there.
>>
>>169604549
Yeah, there are some dick-moves but they only get you once - afterwards you have Bertrand's Force Break to make any single-turn burst a non-issue.
And elemental attacks that you know are coming just get Walled.

But in EOU even random encounters can spell your doom. The fifth Stratum is already brutal like this and that's not even the post-game (which is even more unforgiving).
If the spiders bind your damage dealers the other enemies will rip you to shreds.
If your entire team gets tagged with sleep it's pretty much certain game over.
If multiple boars pile onto the same person they and most likely someone in the back line die - every single turn.

And you have not much to safe your skin. Boost only helps so much as an defensive tool.
EO2U has Return Flutes, Force Boosts and Force Breaks as "oh, shit" buttons.
EOU will eat you alive on most blindsides and when you miss an important attack.
>>
>>169605920
And yet somehow i never had any trouble with EOU story while 2U always finds some new way to kick me in the balls
>>
>>169606534
Because, unline U2, U1's story party is very balanced and well constructed. It is actually meant to take on everything the labyrinth throw at you without having to reclass the characters, heavily abuse the Grimoire system, or both.
>>
>>169606534
Are you playing Expert or Standard?
Afaik most EO2U dick-moves still work in Standard while it defuses most random encounter fuckery.

Or I was just getting extremely unlucky constantly getting my face stomped in in the fifth Stratum.
>>
File: Bhikkhuni.jpg (152KB, 718x963px) Image search: [Google]
Bhikkhuni.jpg
152KB, 718x963px
>>169584960
>Why are other Wizardry inspired games so hellbend on copying all the most stupid gameplay elements of a 40 year old title?
Because there are people (like me) who enjoy classic dungeon crawlers.
If you don't like those stupid gameplay elements of a 40 year old title, then you shouldn't play the games that stay close to that 40 year old title.

>>169586141
Age can be the reason. If you're too young you have a higher chance of losing stats.

>>169599873
My first dungeon crawlers were SMT and EO. I still enjoy the wizardry-clones a lot.
>which they unironically pretend to be a part of the game
Because it unironically, literally, figuratively, metaphysically, intrinsically is a part of the game.
Also you shouldn't call them flaws only because you don't like the mechanics. They are well thought out.
>>
>>169608772
Standard
>>
>>169609528
>then you shouldn't play the games that stay close to that 40 year old title.
Get a load of this Teachfag
>>
>>169610269
Ah, ok.
Yeah, in this case I can see EO2U throwing more stuff at you that can cause your death.

Since Expert reduces the damage you deal and increases the damage you take (quite a lot, in fact) it tips the scale to make things that are merely irritating in Standard to become outright deadly.

But many difficult things in EO2U go beyond simply enemies that kill you if they ever get the chance and stuff like this doesn't scale all that much with difficulty.

Since many enemies in EO2U are reaction or pattern based their punishments are more severe than most things EOU would throw at you and Standard scaling does not make these punishments something you can ignore.
EOU on the other hand piles on damage that will quickly or very quickly overwhelm you but Standard scaling makes these piles smaller and more manageable.

Together with a party that is not as straight forward to use as EOU's I can see how EO2U can give you more trouble.
>>
File: 8175079.png (304KB, 1067x813px) Image search: [Google]
8175079.png
304KB, 1067x813px
>>
File: 53868928_p0.jpg (924KB, 1010x1011px) Image search: [Google]
53868928_p0.jpg
924KB, 1010x1011px
>>
Fucking scylla seems to have more tentacles than the entire jap porno industry ever drawn
>>
>>169621389
She also has a fat bull ass.
>>
File: 42829163_p0.png (303KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
42829163_p0.png
303KB, 571x800px
>>
File: 42829163_p1.png (303KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
42829163_p1.png
303KB, 571x800px
>>
>>169625413
>>169625670
D E D
>>
>>169625413
>>169625670
I always wondered why Hypatia was hanging out with the dwarf. He has neither the body nor the character to be in her league.

Maybe it's because she has brain damage.
Or he might have a big dick.
>>
>>169594835
Don't knock it until you try it.
You need a party that can dish out multiple hits for it to work.
I've fully bound FOEs in one turn with that skill.
>>
>>169625413
>>169625670
Hypathia is amazing
>>
File: 59321590_p0.png (314KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
59321590_p0.png
314KB, 500x699px
>>
EO on switch when
>>
It's over Etrianbros
>>
File: don't give up.png (440KB, 1041x1259px) Image search: [Google]
don't give up.png
440KB, 1041x1259px
>>169635669

Our long myth has only just begun!
>>
File: WVW69kGyPHQrmHWOvP.jpg (229KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGyPHQrmHWOvP.jpg
229KB, 400x240px
>>169635669
Autism girl will keep casting War Revive as long as it's needed
>>
File: 1484776171826.png (46KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484776171826.png
46KB, 200x200px
>>169635669
>>
File: old medigirl.jpg (94KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
old medigirl.jpg
94KB, 1080x1920px
>>169635669
it was a pleasure posting here
>>
File: 42283031_p10.png (567KB, 982x957px) Image search: [Google]
42283031_p10.png
567KB, 982x957px
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>169640082
She isn't
>>
File: poutshark.jpg (41KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
poutshark.jpg
41KB, 215x194px
>>169640573
>>
File: 1431898051750.png (369KB, 595x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1431898051750.png
369KB, 595x1000px
>>169642001
Best girl.
>>
File: 46247165_p4.png (101KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
46247165_p4.png
101KB, 400x459px
>>
>>169640082
>>169642001
>>169643742
Overdesigned.
>>
>>169599035
>Weeaboo NEET Bait: The Game
>>
>>169643742
>Best girl
>Doesn't have a penis
???
>>
>>169635669
We're way past "over".
This thread has been a zombie for very long now.
>>
>>169635669
Cross your fingers for Etrian being moved to Sony's Memestation.
>>
>>169649230
clear off with that shit , man
>>
>>169649230
How do you know?
>>
>>169649230

It's not the the penis on the outside that matters, it's the penis on the inside.
>>
File: 44406254.jpg (473KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
44406254.jpg
473KB, 800x769px
>>
Punished Ricky - A girl denied her dicky.
>>
File: 50287187_p23_master1200.jpg (105KB, 526x763px) Image search: [Google]
50287187_p23_master1200.jpg
105KB, 526x763px
>>
File: fixed.png (407KB, 526x763px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
407KB, 526x763px
>>169659352
>>
File: 1473636966239.jpg (140KB, 511x650px) Image search: [Google]
1473636966239.jpg
140KB, 511x650px
>>169659352
Headpat the fang.
>>
File: hat.png (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hat.png
60KB, 400x400px
>>169659429
She forgot her hat.
>>
File: 57608448_p6.png (103KB, 492x608px) Image search: [Google]
57608448_p6.png
103KB, 492x608px
>>
File: 1465855075174.jpg (19KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465855075174.jpg
19KB, 300x360px
>tfw no V
>>
File: CsdfppC.jpg (78KB, 301x802px) Image search: [Google]
CsdfppC.jpg
78KB, 301x802px
>>
File: hanging.jpg (52KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
hanging.jpg
52KB, 800x562px
>>169664564

I'm coming for you, Fencer-chan!
>>
>>169664970
Nene*
>>
Fine, I'll translate EOV.

I'll post progress in 5 hours
>>
>>169668518
Are you patching it?
>>
>>169668518
That's bullshit, but I believe you
>>
風が吹けば桶屋が儲かる、かぁ…
>>
>>169668756
The 5 hours thing is a /hbg/ meme.
>>
File: 57577986_p0.jpg (408KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
57577986_p0.jpg
408KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>169670630
Sleep on the floor, Ricky.
We're too poor to afford separate rooms.
>>
>>169659429
DELET
>>
>>169674448
Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

s-sorry
>>
>>169670804
How does sleeping at the inn scale with your level anyways?
Do they have dozens of different rooms and you get put into the one appropriate for your guild?
Or are you more dirty the higher level you are so the inn charges extra for cleaning all your shit?
Or maybe they just assume you can afford it so they filch you for cash since you are to lazy to look for another inn...
>>
>>169674487
Supply and demand.
More explorers coming into town.
>>
>>169674487
Are you implying that having an elite guild penetrate deep into the labyrinths attracts more explorers?
>>
File: 35967805.jpg (521KB, 1228x868px) Image search: [Google]
35967805.jpg
521KB, 1228x868px
>>
>>169677269
I know Japan has a hard-on for cute girls not knowing how to do basic things but why would Ricky of all people not know how to eat a popsicle?

Or are Etrian popsicles just completely inferior to glorious Nippon popsicles, folded dozens of times?
>>
File: IMG_1880.jpg (29KB, 236x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1880.jpg
29KB, 236x375px
Why are elves so thick?
>>
File: 0.jpg (60KB, 323x408px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
60KB, 323x408px
>>169679185
>>
File: Flame_demon.jpg (188KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Flame_demon.jpg
188KB, 400x240px
>>169679397
Better?
>>
File: THICK.jpg (118KB, 980x329px) Image search: [Google]
THICK.jpg
118KB, 980x329px
>>169679479
>>
>>169679185
Magically enhanced bodies.
Have you seen the hair of Necromancers? No way that shit is naturally growing on a bunch of corpses.
>>
>finished eou1 story mode
>wanted more
>finish eou2 story mode
>want more
>nothing left to want
>still no eo5 news
>p5 getting shilled hardcore
>already talk of DLC before the actual release of the game
>wanna etrian so badly
>but no odysseies left to odyssey
>but still leave the thread open
>first post in days
>>
>>169681247
Try classic mode and make your own party.
Or do some same class challenges and see how far you come.
>>
>>169682372
Is an axe Landsknecht useful without Chasers?

Also what else could sit in the front line without constantly exploding in any of the Untolds if I don't want to use a Protector or Beast?
>>
ageru
>>
File: d336otd.jpg (53KB, 193x497px) Image search: [Google]
d336otd.jpg
53KB, 193x497px
Why is there more fanart of bob hoplite than there is of pigtails?
>>
>>169689205
because pigtails a shit
>>
>>169679479
>that's actually a female
Absolutely horrifying desu
>>
>>169668518
>5 hours
can this retarded meme die or at least stay in its containment general
>>
>>169651009
So it dies even harder? Only ps4 is somehow floating due to normies alone
>>
>>169674487
>become famous
>start getting loads of dosh
>they know you have dosh and charge more because you either pay or sleep in the street
>CAPITALISM HO
>>
>>169690190
And meanwhile your maid has a fucking mansion to herself
>>
>>169690015
>ps4 is somehow floating due to normies alone
Like... Every console should...?
>>
>>169690595
maids and mansions are inseparable, why have one thing without another
>>169693014
The point was why would you want your pretty dead niche series on console which flops?
>>
The old caledonian princess is pretty cute, can we have her instead of some old fart?
>>
File: 47166278_p7.jpg (1MB, 1000x1325px) Image search: [Google]
47166278_p7.jpg
1MB, 1000x1325px
>>
File: WVW69kGbFG4dSTFoP5.jpg (222KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGbFG4dSTFoP5.jpg
222KB, 400x240px
>>
Ricky bump
>>
File: 10.jpg (348KB, 824x605px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
348KB, 824x605px
>>169689508
>>
>>169689508
You are shit
>>
File: 1398437550447.png (574KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
1398437550447.png
574KB, 850x638px
>>169707463
stay mad
>>
>>169709192
Now that is a pairing I can get behind.
>>
>>169709192
Logre is doing nothing wrong by approching her, its a legal exchange of goods and services between two consenting adults.
>>
File: 1400493512853.png (715KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1400493512853.png
715KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>169712773
I wish a cute dancer would force me to crossdress.
>>
>>169712829
gay
>>
File: 1396356510457.png (407KB, 1134x1577px) Image search: [Google]
1396356510457.png
407KB, 1134x1577px
>>
File: 1408228457798.png (560KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1408228457798.png
560KB, 760x1200px
>>
>>169712289
>"""her"""
>>
>>169718593
this meme again
>>
File: 47068952_p0.png (145KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
47068952_p0.png
145KB, 512x512px
autism loli
>>
File: 1442267360922.jpg (101KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442267360922.jpg
101KB, 400x240px
>>169720164
>>
>>169670630
I want to cuddle with Ricky
and then dicky the Ricky

>>169678465
is it possible that this one is too autistic and cannot into grorious nippon memery?

Nips have bad taste, even in memes, more news at a 11.
>>
>>169720164
>autism anon
>autism post
>>
File: 36679040_p0.png (445KB, 700x1039px) Image search: [Google]
36679040_p0.png
445KB, 700x1039px
>>169640082
Now she is perfect
>>
>>169723420

delet this
>>
Why is le faaf knite so expensive
>>
>>169725838
Atlus' tax
>>
>>169725838
It's cheap I'm sure if it
>>
>>169725838
Stop being poor
>>
anybody have a complete save of EOU1 or EOU2 story modes they'd like to share for reasons
>>
>>169727828
I'm saving up for my retirement
>>
>>169728809
Don't be lazy, your classic run won't go anywhere
>>169728841
Weakest excuse ever
If you're actually poor just hack a 3ds, a blind retarded monkey can do it now
>>
>>169729149
Im not blind
>>
>>169729149
Im not a monkey
>>
File: 1442927321571.jpg (37KB, 343x306px) Image search: [Google]
1442927321571.jpg
37KB, 343x306px
>>169729149
>a blind retarded monkey can do it now
I'm less than a blind retarded monkey now
>>
>>169718643
The point still stands that it's the dude in the OP pic dressed as a medic girl.
>>
ded
>>
>>169732429
It was barely twenty minutes since the last post.
By Etrian Odyssey General standards the thread was jumping around full of life.
>>
File: 1396772118933.jpg (522KB, 1201x841px) Image search: [Google]
1396772118933.jpg
522KB, 1201x841px
>>
>>169725838
are you from europe? apparently it hasn't been on sale in EU, but was on sale multiple times in the US.
No idea if it's because the roughly 6 month difference in release but I'm waiting patiently for a sale myself. or to get it used and cheap somewhere.
I already regret paying full price for EO4 2 days before it went on a sale, i'm not taking that chance with U2.
Until then i still have U1 and 4 postgame to do. and maybe I import 3.
>>
>>169733041
What class is that on the right in black and green?
>>
>>169736132
samurai from 7th dragon
>>
>>169733041
always find it hard to pick which Dark Hunter to use
>>
Did they make grinding easier in U2?
>>
>>169737528
Yes. You can even "cheat" in grimoires by scanning codes.
>>
>>169737528
And XP grind is the easiest it has ever been.

You deal ridiculous amounts of damage on Picnic (way more than in EOUs Picnic) so you can one-shot basically every encounter with normal attacks.
If you take the 3x XP tea you get so much experience, getting from level 1 to level 99 by running in circles in the 6th Stratum takes less than an hour with good equipment.
And you could make it even faster by stacking Holy Gift Grimoires.
>>
File: 1464387037404.gif (83KB, 617x115px) Image search: [Google]
1464387037404.gif
83KB, 617x115px
>>
File: 1396765951264.png (332KB, 1000x886px) Image search: [Google]
1396765951264.png
332KB, 1000x886px
>>169736397
More like "muh dick"
>>
File: 44b.jpg (66KB, 585x992px) Image search: [Google]
44b.jpg
66KB, 585x992px
This is a nice thread
>>
File: le millenom girl.jpg (127KB, 535x690px) Image search: [Google]
le millenom girl.jpg
127KB, 535x690px
>>
cute
>>
>>169584960
>Can only target enemy groups
Which modern Wiz clone has this? No Starfish or Experience title has this. Are you talking about the Dark Spire only?

>early game consists of both sides missing everything
Weak low hit dice adventurers that can barely hold a weapon are supposed to always hit?

>no skill points, characters learn talents on fixed levels (if at all)
What's wrong with that? Your biggest choice lies in party composition, in Elminage Original for example there are 12 races and 16 classes.

>Starting stats are both very important and random
Starting stats are not that important. You don't need to have high scores to survive and will reach the racial max sooner or later. Levels are more important.

>Can only take certain classes if your starting stats roll was good enough
Advanced classes are advanced for a reason. They gain levels slowly and are meant to be classed into after some levels. Rolling them right off the bat is possible but not a good idea.

Cont.
>>
File: 1486573572732.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1486573572732.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>modern day/futuristic EO never ever
>>
File: C3Q6CACUkAEvj2K.jpg-orig.jpg (46KB, 463x700px) Image search: [Google]
C3Q6CACUkAEvj2K.jpg-orig.jpg
46KB, 463x700px
Untold 3 any day now
>>
>>169746067
EO is set in the future though.
>>
>>169584960
>>169745646
Cont.

>Can lose stats on levelup
Again, stats have a relatively minor impact on your success. Stat gain or loss in Wiz clones such as Wiz Empire, Elminage or even Class of Heroes all go by a similar principle:

Based on age class and race stats have probabilities of rising or falling if you're unlucky, but the calculations always trend towards an average depending on your level (+sometimes luck). So even if you lose stats, you will regain them in the end. This also holds true for the HP rolls.

After a couple dozen levels any given character will likely reach the max of their primary stats (unlike EO). When reclassing, stats are often lowered back to their base values. The trick lies in planning out how to reclass and taking the character into account. Characters keep spells from old classes for example. An old character loses physical stats more often, but gains mental ones etc.

All in all pretty plebeian post fampai
>>
File: 1451665324026.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451665324026.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>169746258
>EOU3
>will ever exist
>EO5
>ever translated
>>
>>169747475
That image makes me miss /xbcxg/
>>
>>169747475
I can wait, there are plenty of blobbers to pick from
>>
File: yfqhax_WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg (439KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yfqhax_WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg
439KB, 1280x720px
>>169747570
It already lived far longer than expected
>>
>>169747965
Hopefully it doesn't happen to this place. This is my only home now.
>>
>>169746771
It's wrong kind of future
>>
>>169750813
play EO1 :^)
>>
>>169745646
>advanced classes are advanced for a reason
Not the guy you were responding to, but I think you just summed up the main reason behind most of my failed Wizardry runs. Going to try a fresh party with basic classes soon.

Also it just occurred to me that advanced classes were probably what EO1 was trying to imitate with Ronin and Hexer, but since there's no reclassing it didn't work out so well.
>>
The End of the Etrian Odyssey Franchise
>>
>>169745646
>No Starfish or Experience title has this.
Generation Xth and Operation Abyss.
>>
>>169745646
>>169754489
>No Starfish or Experience title has this
The GenXth trilogy and its remakes do. But Students of Round, Demon Gaze and Stranger of Sword City don't. CoH, while not made by Exp, also does.

Starfish (Wizardry Empire 1-3, Asterisk, Chronicle, Elminage 1-3, Elminage Gothic) make the absolute best Wiz-likes. The older titles (Chron, Emp) have this mechanic but none of the newer ones do. Few people here play these but there's a community that does and they're even fantranslating remaining titles.

I don't see what the problem with enemy groups is though, how else are you supposed to fight that many enemies in a single encounter? It makes sense that when fighting say three groups of 7 kobolds each that your characers cannot pick exactly which one to hit from the lot, unless they throw a fireball in there.

Your damage being spread is why the enemies form groups and gives an advantage to them, which in turn gives you incentive to save your limited spells for them.
>>
File: Ricky Dicky.jpg (93KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ricky Dicky.jpg
93KB, 480x512px
>>
File: Ricky Dicky.jpg (86KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ricky Dicky.jpg
86KB, 480x512px
>>169756784
>MBTI
Ignore that.
>>
File: 3706331.png (36KB, 223x193px) Image search: [Google]
3706331.png
36KB, 223x193px
>>169756782
I actually turned on my nearly forgotten Vita to check if Demon Gaze had individual targetting and my post-game save file was deleted for some reason. I should have ignored this whole thing.
>>
>>169757301
Look up a gameplay vid, it does
>>
File: 1415827482127.jpg (144KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415827482127.jpg
144KB, 720x720px
>>169757301
I lost my save too once (own fault), so I just played it all over again with different cute girls.
>>
File: cuckshark.jpg (57KB, 336x366px) Image search: [Google]
cuckshark.jpg
57KB, 336x366px
>>
File: 1485191235774.png (50KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485191235774.png
50KB, 657x527px
>tfw running into Kurogane on 5F

Don't worry boy, I will avenge you and your comrades
>>
>>169530186
Because classes should be limited by design, having their own strengths and weaknesses. Customization isn't fun when it makes everybody play the same.
>>
>>169759443
i still like her
>>
File: 20981915.jpg (123KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
20981915.jpg
123KB, 600x600px
>>
File: sekaiju_no_meikyuu_iii_b25.png (44KB, 1100x530px) Image search: [Google]
sekaiju_no_meikyuu_iii_b25.png
44KB, 1100x530px
Top left has me really confused. Please annotate
>>
>>169759443
Why is this image called cuckshark, are you slandering this pure maiden
>>
>>169760419
I avenged them. RIP friend.
>>
>>169756782
>group mechanics
This guy gets it.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (44KB, 260x265px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
44KB, 260x265px
I haven't played in forever but iirc you have to lure the FOEs as far west as possible and chase the tentacles into the dead end they create.
>>
File: 28957504.jpg (166KB, 444x641px) Image search: [Google]
28957504.jpg
166KB, 444x641px
>>
>>169772896
She certainly grew up a bunch. Did she find whatever she was seeking in the night?
>>
File: 28622993.png (224KB, 584x576px) Image search: [Google]
28622993.png
224KB, 584x576px
>>
File: WVW69kGSh9k06XsGd_.jpg (215KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kGSh9k06XsGd_.jpg
215KB, 400x240px
A familiar looking small animal.
You may raise your hand out or ignore it.
>>
>>169779484

Always investigate everything.
>>
>>169779484
The horror! I have been scarred forever.

>still investigates it
>>
I'm gonna play through EO4 again. What party should I use?
>>
>>169781691
Ever used a Linker team? It's amazing how you can break the game in two with running next to no risk.

F/M L/B D/N
S/A R/I

FOEs and bosses explode in a few turns and even Logre is no big deal the first time you fight him.
Also if you are not as autistic as I am and don't need to run every class exactly once F/D is a better defence than F/M.
>>
>>169757301
Is demon gays actually worth picking or it has nothing outside of animu girls?
>>
>>169761476
>makes everybody play the same.
Customisation doesn't get rid of party roles in any way
>>
File: 60881975_p0.jpg (64KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
60881975_p0.jpg
64KB, 495x600px
>>
>>169530186
RNG of Grimoires is a bitch, even in EO2U.

Grimoires are borderline useless in EOU and utterly boring in EO2U for a normal playthrough because you will almost always only get skills you already have in your team.
At the same time Grimoires are way to strong if you specifically work towards them. They eliminate weaknesses of a ton of classes and give massive amounts of free skillpoints, making balancing unecessarily complicated. Just look at Ur-Child getting OTKed because all strong passives can just get stacked at Fafnir.

Certain Classes can get completely replaced by Grimoires.
Hexers have a lot of TEC, huge TP pools and many free turns unless they go for a fear build. Just slap some Troubadour and Medic skills on them and you have a better versions of these classes.

Also I am certain the horrible boss-design of EO2U where they blast you every few turns with outright lethal damage got more than once justified by "you can just give someone a Wall grimoire".

So Grimoires make the game more frustrating and RNG dependend in more casual (or simply first) playthroughs.
But they also make the game easier and less challenging in deeper playthroughs where you have the ability to just get any Grimoire you want. Unless you specifically keep yourself from using them. If your only response to "this mechanic makes the game stupid" is "don't use the mechanic" then the mechanic is shit.
And Grimoires generally enable bad and lazy game design. From bosses to classes like Ronin, who are royally fucked without some Fafnir Grimoires, there is a lot of lazy shit in EO2U that need not be there.
>>
>>169785769
So just a bunch of balance issues, nothing that can'tr be dealt with by not allowing grimoires in classic/cutting grimoire slots/not making grimoire effects stack
>>
Are there any angel-like things in EO? I need it for memes
>>
>>169786957
There's Ricky.
>>
>>169787338
Ricky is for dicky
>>
Please remember your party members have feelings. Give them some rest.
>>
>>169786280
The problem that Grimoires are just annoying in a normal playthrough will stay unless you fundamentally change how they work.

You only get skills you already have (or monster skills that are mostly trash) and have no control over what you get and what level the grimoire is.

While balancing can prevent Grimoires from overperforming the same can not be said for them underperforming in regular play.
>>
File: EO2UrChildArt.png (272KB, 447x348px) Image search: [Google]
EO2UrChildArt.png
272KB, 447x348px
>>169786957
>>
>>169788695
>what level the grimoire is.
They really need some sort of grimoire fusion or enhance items or whatever
>>
File: memes.png (562KB, 1024x503px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
562KB, 1024x503px
You now have to live with it
>>
>Like the series
>Furthest I've got is stratum 2 of the jungle
>getting kind of annoyed by the quests from the bar
>Combat is basically the same thing over and over
>EOU
3 looks really interesting, but should I get it if I'm feeling a light 7 on the series so far?
Have played bits of 4 and U2 and enjoyed them but had the same issues
>>
File: 1480024021722.jpg (30KB, 187x188px) Image search: [Google]
1480024021722.jpg
30KB, 187x188px
>Mid EO2U i accidentally find out you can change the classes in the story
brb killing myself
>>
>>169790431
And continuing this - would i lose anything switching the class of Flavio? Survivalist feels kinda shitty desu
>>
>>169790221
If you stop at Stratum 2 it's no wonder every fight feels the same. That's where the game starts throwing enemies at you that need at least a bit of care to properly fight them.
Also I hope you play on expert, otherwise the complaint that you can just smash your face into the enemies and win is kind of a mute point.

Also in my opinion EOU has the worst quests of the 3DS titles. They are pretty close to the quests of the original EO which were mostly annoying fetch quests.
Drop-rates are also lower than in EO2U or EO4. And I belive it'a the same for chances of rare materials from gather points. Both makes quests even more of a chore.

I would advice trying EO4. It's on sale for 10 bucks regularely and while it is the easiest its encounters are also the most puzzle-like.
Also Runemaster is the only mage-like class that is not mind-numbingly boring. Their elemental skills are all about effecting different areas/hitting in different ways.
Alchemists and Zodiacs basically get the same set of skills three times in different flavors...
>>
>>169790682
Flavio is best reclassed into a Gunner or a Hexer because of the way his stats are spread (reclassing makes you keep the stats of your starting class but get equipment and skills of your new class).

Gunner means he has better damage but Chloe will be stuck as a healer since you can no longer give her the ailments she needs for her War Edge skills.
But since Arianna will not need to support as much she can throw out more Link Orders that work with the Gunner's Shots and Charged elementals. So she is no longer completely reliant on Fafnir in order to deal damage.

Hexer means Flavio will be way better at inflicting stuff which enables Chloe to wreck face with Ailing Slash.
With Venom Curse he gets quite good at melting random encounters but since that is his only reliable way to deal damage his damage against FOEs and bosses is not stellar.
But he can shut them down, potentially buying some free turns for Fafnir, Chloe and Arianna to go all out.
>>
>>169791526
>mute point.
Moot point.
>>
>>169791526
I've played a bit of EO4 and quit at the dungeon where you have to use ice crystals to get rid of these fire pillar things. Otherwise solid advice thanks senpai
I do play on expert but apart from bosses I use the same strats over and over, maybe thats my fault
>>
File: cuck.jpg (10KB, 220x284px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
10KB, 220x284px
>>169792121
You called?
>>
>>169792402
Literally who
>>
>>169792625
>he doesn't know
>>
>>169792321
What classes do you use?
I found that having control classes like Dark Hunter and Hexer (Untolds) or Sniper and Archanist (EO4) makes fights a bit more interesting.

Binds are strong tools in surpressing enemies (and save you the TP you would otherwise use to heal back up) and it is on you to remember which enemy attacks with which body part.
Both ailments and binds are reliant on infliction rate so you sprinkle in some RNG to prevent fights from playing out the same way every time.

And shutting down a FOE or boss - while not as easily accomplished as with normal enemies - can completely alter your tactic to be more offensive for a few turns.
>>
>>169783025
I finished and enjoyed it, why don't you look up a playthrough and decide for yourself
>>
>>169790079
It hurts, but it's a good kind of pain
>>
File: C2ga6WYVEAArIIZ.jpg (15KB, 452x164px) Image search: [Google]
C2ga6WYVEAArIIZ.jpg
15KB, 452x164px
>Lick Wounds grimoire exists
>tfw Arianna will never lick your wounds
>>
File: 87325490.jpg (178KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
87325490.jpg
178KB, 507x338px
REMOVE DEER
REMOVE DEER
REMOVE
DEER
>>
Would 7 luck accessory matter for a hexer or i'm better off selling it and using an armor piece?
>>
>>169799130
Maybe early into the game, but later you'll naturally cap the stat, or come very very close to.
>>
>>169799239
I'm currently in the start of stratum 4 so nowhere near the cap. The question is mostly if the effect is worth it or i better go for more def and TP
>>
>>169799130
>>169799465
Are you playing one of the Untolds?
If so, armor is borderline useless. It only has a minor effect on physical damage and no effect at all on magical. Accessoires are basically always better.

Now LUC in particular is really different between the two games.
In EO2U it's the only stat influencing ailment/bind chances so it is really strong for a Hexer.
In EOU however both TEC and LUC influence infliction chances and the more important stat is TEC (which is only the case in this title - in EO3 and EO4 TEC and LUC also influence chances but LUC is the more important stat).

Don't forgo stats or resistances for Def, its simply too weak. We are talking low single digit percentages for an armor piece.
And when it comes to TP your Hexer should have a fuckton of them so they should not be too valuable.
>>
>>169799465
It gives you better chances, but it's not THAT noticeable. Hexer's skills have pretty high infliction rate by themselves anyway.
>>
mirreniumu shoujo
>>
File: 50047517_p24.jpg (131KB, 429x650px) Image search: [Google]
50047517_p24.jpg
131KB, 429x650px
>>
>>169807394
> tartan pattern
>are called "Highlander"

Are they scottish?
>>
>>169808349
Does it really matter?
>>
>>169808349
Yeah
>>
File: 2016-11-09-220211.jpg (78KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-09-220211.jpg
78KB, 960x544px
>>169783025
It's a decent dungeon crawler. Good overall, with some flaws. Progress is very story-centered and character customization is somewhat light but still enough to make different builds or skill sets workable since all classes are balanced, for the most part.
If you're expecting high difficulty and gigantic and complex dungeons though, then yeah you won't like it.
>>
File: fluff.jpg (112KB, 736x1012px) Image search: [Google]
fluff.jpg
112KB, 736x1012px
r8 my gf
>>
>>169808575
Maybe not for Shiitake.
But for the EOU Highlander it makes the Shilleka quests 10 times funnier.
A conversation between the naked brown girl with the speech impediment and a bloke from scotland must be utter confusion for the girl with brain damage that is missing a thousand years worth of linguistic development.
>>
>>169810072
0/10 not your gf
>>
File: 49944790_p0.jpg (966KB, 1600x1915px) Image search: [Google]
49944790_p0.jpg
966KB, 1600x1915px
>>169810332
wrong
>>
>>169810645
Yes your opinion is wrong, she'll never be your gf and you will die forever alone
>>
>>169810317
>the girl with brain damage that is missing a thousand years worth of linguistic development
who?
>>
>>169811330
millenom probably
>>
>Want to play Etrian Odyssey 1
>The two must fun sounding classes (Ronin and Hexer) are both locked

What is this shit?
>>
>>169812694
you have to buy the season pass
>>
>>169812803
what
>>
>>169812694
They aren't even that good in EO so you are not missing out on much

If you want to play both of them from the beginning play EO2.
Ronin and Hexer are unlocked from the beginning and way stronger than in EO.
>>
File: 38014541_p0.jpg (304KB, 635x903px) Image search: [Google]
38014541_p0.jpg
304KB, 635x903px
>>
>>169818497
too old
>>
>>169818594
She is just 101x years old.
>>
File: 11743902.jpg (132KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
11743902.jpg
132KB, 550x800px
>>
>>169819858
too old, not for dicky
>>
>>169822456
Why does it have cat eyes?
>>
>tfw no V
>>
>>169825049
V for neVer eVer
>>
File: Maya_Bench_Exasperated_2.gif (60KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Maya_Bench_Exasperated_2.gif
60KB, 256x192px
>>169812694
Just play Untold 1 for your sake. I played it myself, and 100% but that's because I didn't have access to a 3DS at the time. Etrian Odyssey 1 isn't necessarily bad or anything, it's just really clunky and unbalanced.
>>
File: 54484694_p0.png (2MB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
54484694_p0.png
2MB, 1181x1748px
>>
>>169827014
>"Get this purple bitch out of my face."
>>
File: 40672281_p2.jpg (78KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
40672281_p2.jpg
78KB, 500x750px
>>
>>169828956
>>169828956
>>
File: 58677764_p0.png (1MB, 2000x1700px) Image search: [Google]
58677764_p0.png
1MB, 2000x1700px
>>
File: 1409963205506.jpg (448KB, 976x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1409963205506.jpg
448KB, 976x1000px
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 228

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.