[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tfg/ - Titanfall General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 764
Thread images: 174

File: IMG_0692.jpg (49KB, 494x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0692.jpg
49KB, 494x431px
Thrilling Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
http://tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Helpful Videos
Basic modding:
https://youtu.be/0bwP_QNs9U4
Jap audio with English text:
https://youtu.be/cJO7JJGtTwM
Grappling:
https://youtu.be/cviVhtoAiME

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.

>News
Frontier News Network 7 (preview of Live Fire mode and more additions)
https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-7/
1/23 Server patch notes
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/
2/11 FNN Delayed
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10399/no-fnn-today/p1?new=1

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

TERMINATED:
>>168202546
>>
First for Cold War a best
>>
>>168413905
Second for next update fucking when
>>
>>168414048
second for scorch is actually best
>>
File: 1470781633761.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470781633761.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
Reminder that if you're not using the Mastiff it's because you're afraid of it
>>
>>168414108
Cold War best pilot primary
Scorch best Titan
OI and ACES best factions
>>
File: 1485296851200.png (1MB, 684x826px) Image search: [Google]
1485296851200.png
1MB, 684x826px
nth for Let me hack Stalkers and Reapers
>>
File: IMG_7627.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7627.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>168414141
The reason I'm not using the Mastiff is because I already hit G37 with it and wanted to try other shit
Is that acceptable?
>>
>>168414301
I guess maybe

>>168414215
I had one of my Hacked Specters tank a thermite grenade for me yesterday, how logn can we keep up their slaughter before they become aware and overthrow us?
>>
>>168414154

I can actually agree with thatw
>>
File: 1487045378965.png (237KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487045378965.png
237KB, 576x768px
>>168413905
>>
>>168414461
If they never learn how to shoot past small bursts we should be good

>Amped Specters Boost
>They can wall run and use Grendiers
>>
File: 1c2.jpg (32KB, 559x476px) Image search: [Google]
1c2.jpg
32KB, 559x476px
>>168415104
>>
>>168414461
I was once killed by a dying spectre
Apparently if they take enough damage from small arms fire rather than exploding, they malfunction and fall over

One that I killed unloaded four Mastiff shots in half a second as it fell, killing me instantly
I was too baffled to be mad
>>
File: 1427928377872.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1427928377872.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
>>168415116
>Getting executed by a Specter
>>
>>168415298

Stalkers are the white ones that explode

Spectres are the ones you can hack
>>
>>168415408
I know
I'm talking about when you plink em with enough bullets they do a death animation rather than just bursting into pieces as they do with grenadier weapons
>>
>>168415116
>>Amped Specters Boost
>>They can wall run and use Grendiers
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
reposting, didnt realize new thread was made early
>>168415264
>>168414687
>>
>>168415537

I swear I saw a nuke ejecting pilot get gibbed by a fast mover a couple games back

That or he quit mid-eject
>>
File: cw2kodai.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cw2kodai.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>168414048
cold war is my raifu
>>
File: 1481081625141.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1481081625141.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>168415608
>pod drops
>shoot into smoke
>no hit marker
>they aren't in the pod
>they already jumped out and are wallrunning firing softballs in unison up your anus
>>
>>168416007
>Specters steer the drop pods to just land on and kill Pilots

On a side note I wonder if Stim and Phase robots use them as sex slaves.
>>
Got the job!
>>
>>168417560
that was pretty fast
>>
File: faster faster.jpg (400KB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
faster faster.jpg
400KB, 1200x950px
>>168417560
Thanks for the free money my man both your boss and I appreciate your future hard work.
>>
>>168416491

Well they already like to drop Reapers on unsuspecting titans

Actually, drop pods exploding titans if they hit would be pretty cool and add an additional layer of situational awareness.

Sitting behind a particle wall for too long? LEt's see how you like drop pod.
>>
So has anyone figured out how to extract the loading screens for the multiplayer maps + campaign? There's some really cool artwork in there I wouldn't mind adding to my wallpaper collection.
>>
Think Respawn will finally flesh out the lore in Titanfall 3?
Assuming EA even feels like funding it after it failed to compete against powerhouse IPs at similar launch dates
>>
>>168420371

God, I hope so.

I posted on the forums a couple months back about possibly them starting a weekly lore news post thing like 343 do with Halo and Jayfresh said he'd look into it (He was the one who helped set up Halo Canon Fodder). A couple weeks later there was a post on r/titanfall by him asking for questions for a lore Q&A but since then we've heard nothing.
>>
>>168420371
I hope TF3 is the fallout of mass legions of Titans turning on mankind and the Militia and IMC joining together with the last few loyal titans to try and keep humanity from being eradicated but maybe that's just me hoping Titanfall is the beginning of Warhammer 40K
>>
>>168420753
i thought that titans were basically kinda like machines/ai for "special forces" kinda missions? they are not an end all war machine, a regular tank would destroy them and we even see in the last level in tf2 campaign that titans are easily destroyed from orbit.
remember that space warfare is a big part of titanfall 2 lore, we just dont see it. so titans turning on mankind would result in them getting blown the the fuck up by bombing runs from the air or from orbit
>>
>>168420753

they were hinting towards something of that nature at the end of Titanfall 1. MAss amounts of IMC personnel were defecting to the Militia cause, leaving an army primarily comprised of spectres, led by Spyglass and R&D making the Stalker, Reaper and Simulacrum. And of course Spyglass was the vice admiral.

Like many things, I was really disappointed with how they didn't pick up on that in T2. I hope this blackwashing(?) of the IMC to be the space nazis doesn't continue in the third game.
>>
>>168421227
>they are not an end all war machine,
Then what were the "Titan Wars"?
>>
File: titanfall story.jpg (548KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
titanfall story.jpg
548KB, 2000x2000px
>>168421652
i dont know. is there any backstory on that? all i could find was a very brief synopsis on it. titans were initially construction vehicles right? maybe it was a time of mass arming of titans to turn them into war machines.
>>
>>168421227
Well if the Titans were to turn on humanity chances are it would go Skynet style; self-awareness taking control like a virus, infecting every computer system available. If Titans were to go rogue, chances are their AI would reach into the ships in orbit and vent every human out the doors (kinda like how GladoS nerve gassed everyone after a picosecond of awareness). That's what's always kept my interest about galactic civil war; EVERYTHING is run by computers. If a galactic empire suddenly wasn't able to use FTL travel, that empire would fall apart overnight.

And that's just a few Titans my man. Imagine literally thousands and thousands of Titans being deployed en masse from space, each of them no doubt more advanced do to the rogue AI controlling them, moving in tactical formations unencumbered by human error. Whole worlds purged of life to be made into factories into making more Titans, which in turn take over more worlds, which leads to more Titans, all run with unequaled efficiency by ever advancing AI..

God it gets me so hard thinking about this stuff.
>>
>>168421806
>And that's just a few Titans my man. Imagine literally thousands and thousands of Titans being deployed en masse from space, each of them no doubt more advanced do to the rogue AI controlling them,
is there even that many titans in existance? ive never heard of kind of number stating how many there are.
still, thats just assuming that AI could overtake all of human;s computer systems. i imagine people would be smart enough to have safeguards and failsafes in place for events like this. and again, we saw how easily a titan is destroyed from orbit, so unless those titans have a big ship of their own in orbit to protect them, theyd be swiftly destroyed i imagine.
>>
File: 1487029777743.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487029777743.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>attrition on angel city
>on ps4
>joined early game
>4vs6
>we're down by 80 points
>notice nothing but campers with the usual suspect guns on other team
>team is ground running all over
>unmute Mic
>rally them to hang back and kill grunts while asking people to mind the campers
>cloak and flatline their asses when I canteabagging and slide spinning over them
>end up winning the game by 5 points
>kill the evac ship with the last charge on my charge rifle.
>5 kills at once
>fuck up saving the clip
Is this the power of teamwork? I've been missing out with all my solo adv queueing.
>>
File: civtitans.png (2MB, 1388x754px) Image search: [Google]
civtitans.png
2MB, 1388x754px
>>168421794

Titans were originally civilian vehicles later converted for the war effort. They're used for a wide variety of professions like construction, loading, shipping, search and rescue, etc.

Also, I'm the guy who made that image you posted. I'm currently uploading the new version with a lot more info to imgur to link here, as that one is way out of date.
>>
>>168422079
Well of course we've got safeguards man, but those only work until the computer thinks around them. That's how it goes in pretty much AI apocalypse scenario.

>is there even that many titans in existance? ive never heard of kind of number stating how many there are.

Maybe not, but imagine how many could be made if you had to spend literally zero resources on anything human related. No food to be grown, no cloths to be made, no politics to squabble over. All of the manufacturing of all the worlds under human control could be repurposed into pushing out Titans.

>we saw how easily a titan is destroyed from orbit, so unless those titans have a big ship of their own in orbit to protect them, theyd be swiftly destroyed i imagine.

And those ships are run by computers right? I'm just assuming this rogue AI can worm it's way into any system quick enough to take over it, again that's how it goes in science fiction. Humans wouldn't be able to bomb the Titans away because the ship turned off its oxygen supply. Or warp drive jumped into a star. Or opened the screen doors and everyone got sucked out into space. The whole point of an AI taking over is the vastly complex machinery we rely being not only worthless but actively used against us. It'd be cavemen with clubs vs Titans in the best case scenario.
>>
>>168422442
neat, i look forward to it.
>>
>>168421227
I was thinking about this today, and Im a little skeptical about the tank part. Theres a reason we dont see tanks in TF1 or 2, because theyre obsolete. Probably because shield exist; All a titan has to do to take down a tank is block its fire and dance circles around it.
I see Titans as the new form of artillery; theyve essentially replaced tanks and armored combat vehicles.
>>
Is there a list of what provides specific exp and how much of it? Looking to get dark stoic on all titans ASAP.
>>
>>168422518
sure i get it, in the scenario the titans would win if AI took over. i dont think its like this in the titanfall universe. i forget where i read it, i think the artbook, but the IMC titans are not like vanguard class titans, ie they dont bond or link or have protocols to protect their pilot. they are more disposable machines than a machine with a powerful AI. so i dont think there would be that many titans for an AI to control if it took over. only the militia creates vanguard class titans, and even though they are growing, they are still not that large as far as i know.
>>
>>168422518

>points on manufacturing

Well we saw the capabilities of the World Foundry. The IMC have dozens if not hundreds of solar systems' worth of resources at their beck and call. There's a reason why they were phasing out human soldiers in favour of spectres.

>rogue AI

Goddamn the thought of Spyglass leading the Remnant Fleet to go rogue makes me hard

>>168422545

http://i.imgur.com/nn6ynlp.jpg

11mb so I couldn't upload direct
>>
>>168422550

>Theres a reason we dont see tanks in TF1

http://titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin_Tank
>>
>playing overwatch with friends
>feeling homesick for titanfall's mobility
>decide to try out lucio because that's as close as i'm gonna get
>complain aloud about how terrible and limited the movement is in OW
>overwatch pleb friend with low EQ says loudly, "DYOU KNOW HOW TO WALLRUN? IT'S REALLY FUN ONCE YOU LEARN HOW"
>>
>>168422793
Well I'm no computer doctor but it seems like the Titans not having AI themselves would only make it easier for some master AI to take control of them. Even if they don't have AI they still have computer systems running them, which can be taken over.

>>168422851
I was gonna point this out too. They have massive, kilometer deep bases made solely for manufacturing giant battle simulation domes like Lego. Imagine entire planets of those solely dedicated to making Titans. Tens of thousands of these incredible war machines daily would probably be a huge understatement if Spyglass went rogue.
>>
>>168422975
Its been a while since I played TF1 so excuse the misinformation. Point still stands though.
Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>168422793

https://www.titanfall.com/en_gb/single-player/

Click on the BT tab.

>While the IMC considers its Titans and Pilots to be interchangeable and disposable, the Militia views each of its new Vanguard Pilot-Titan units as a long-term investment. As a result, an experienced Vanguard Titan-Pilot team is far more flexible and deadlier than any single IMC Titan and Pilot on the Frontier.
>>
>>168423320
yeah i just pretty much said that
>>
>>168423512

Yeah, I was just providing the source
>>
>>168418457
>Oh look, another devotionfag with an a wall on top of the monorail
DROP POD ON THE MONORAIL
>frostbite engine
>the monorail collapses and creates a ramp for titans
>>
>>168424168

I've long dreamed of a gamemode that ties your health to your speed. If you start going slow you lose health. If you go fast, you don't die.

RESPAWN PLS
>>
What I want to see in Titanfall 3
>More dynamic training zone than the gauntlet; training is done in the matrix, you should be able to alter conditions and layout to fit your training goals
>Long campaign
>Exposition cutscenes
>Minor character customization, like sex, face, uniform, nothing crazy
>First level is you dreaming about a character-shaping battle, maybe the IMC raided your settlement and killed your family or you lost a SO squadmate, whatever
>Because it's a dream, the level is dramatized and dynamic, constantly shifting, maybe even doubling as a tutorial in the beginning of it
>After defeating the level boss, a demonic-looking nightmare titan, you are jolted awake by an alarm
>Like the beginning of the previous Titanfall campaigns, you are on a Militia frigate
>You are being ambushed by a IMC fleet
>You are bring boarded
>Zip around the interior your ship, shooting up invading spectres and stalkers
>Your ship starts getting blown apart
>Have to parkour around the rapidly-degrading ship to the titan bay and make an emergency titanfall onto a mysterious planet
>Entire campaign DOES NOT take place on this planet
>>
>>168424395
>militia storyline
and dropped
>>
>>168424516
The Militia are the "heroes" of the story.
>>
>>168425978
Only because the storys were told from their perspective. Think of Titanfall 1
Militia blows up a planet.
Titanfall 2
Militia blows up another planet and then have a Top Gun montage of highfiving each other
>>
>>168422851
>created by /u/BaconShelf
I want [RDDT] to leave.
>>
>>168426964
You're mischaracterizing Titanfall 2. That game was the Militia stopping the IMC from using a literal planet killer weapon on an inhabited planet, the byproduct of stopping the attacking being the inadvertant destruction of the uninhabited planet the game takes place on. The Militia, at no point, willfully attempted to blow up Typhon. Typhon's destruction was the result of the IMC's weapon backfiring.
>>
>>168426964
>>168427198
Don't forget Marder's "human life is expendable" speech.
>>
>>168427198
Blowing up a planet to end a gigantic war. But now the war machine can continue thanks to jolly old Militia
>>
>>168427326
He's right though.
>>
>chug two monsters and a pepsi before playing
>go so fast I fly into the future
>Titanfall 5 is sick brehs

I cannot stop, help
>>
>>168427435
Just because the planet is the Militia's unofficial HQ doesn't justify the willful extermination of the entire planet. Marder also said that if hte Militia refused to surrender, then he would continue destroying planets until they capitulate. That is a level of violence and callousness that should not be tolerated.
>>
>>168427816
Why not? Human life is expendable; ending the war would save millions of people on the core worlds and IMC troops.
>>
>>168424516
What if at some point in the storyline it diverges, like say a raid on x goes bad and you and your titan get stranded and you have to survive? Maybe like 5 minutes and the ship arrives to save you. But if you don't evac right away the ship gets destroyed, then after that point when you "die" you come back as one of those robo-pilots working under spyglass?
>>
I'm super new but I got Legion immediately because he was the absolute coolest in the campaign and I'm having a lot of fun with him in MP. Once I start unlocking the specific kits for him, what's the best to run with him?
>>
Anyone got that one anon's youtube playlist? I lost it.
>>
>>168428862
Double power shot and extra dash. Accept no substitutes
>>
>>168428862
Turbo Dash is damn near mandatory on the Ogres, since you want at least some sort of mobility. As for Legion-specific kits, your best options are either Extended Ammo Chain (100 -> 140 bullets) or Hidden Compartment (1 -> 2 Power Shots). Both have their uses.
>>
>>168428862
The only unfortunate part of legion is that he has only one viable kit. Hidden compartment and dash. Posters who say otherwise are liars
>>
>>168429216
I prefer Overcore. It guarantees that you get your core to 100% before needing to reload at all which puts some nice pressure on enemies.
>>
>>168427136

I originally posted it there because there were people asking what happened in the first game.
>>
>>168428993
>>168429053
>>168429216
Ah, bit of a shame there isn't much variety to him but honstly if I get to be a big fat bulletsprayer of doom, I'm happy. I've been using dash already because every bit of mobility helps my thicc ass survive. Double power shot sounds awesome too I'll slap that in when I get it.

Nuclear eject seems like it's for nerds.
>>
>>168430525
Nuke is only worthwhile on Ronin, and only then because he's always in your face/extra dash on a stryder is shit. As for Legion, most of his kits are viable actually, its just that double power shot outclasses them because being able to drop two shotgun blasts in a row is just devastating.
>>
>>168430675
Doesn't the extra dash slow down ronin's dash regen?
>>
>>168428880
Nevermind, found it.
>>
>>168430829
Yes. 1-2 dashes=6 seconds for one to recharge, 3 dashes=8 seconds. So its better to use a different kit on Ronin and Northstar.
>>
File: almost.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
almost.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
so close
>>
>>168430976
>So its better to use a different kit on Ronin and Northstar.
I'm tired of this meme, turbo on light titans can be very useful
Your capacity goes up, you can use a dash and still have 2 more (normal max) while still recharging
Minimizing the time you spend at full charges so you never waste time that could be spent recharging an extra dash already compensates immensely for the longer charge time
Not to mention the option of having a full 3 dashes can be a life saver for northstar, though ronin is a bit less important because he also has phase dash
>>
>>168432369
this
it'd be an actual problem if the DISTANCE of your dashes were reduced, but it's not
>>
>>168432369
>>168432448
Its less actually bad, and more that it actually ENABLES you to run something else, since extra dash is pretty much mandatory on everything else, although overcore could be argued for on atlas chassis.
>>
>>168432847
That's the main argument. Turbo Dash isn't a bad option, but there's other options.
>>
Guys that grapple vid got Running in the 90s stuck in my head. Help
>>
>>168433817
4 u
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGyyT9FfQdi_qKNahzhaVPubzNl7xO32r
>>
>>168430845
Post pls.
>>
>>168414048
EPG >>>>>>>>> Cold War
>>
File: 1483658646126.jpg (171KB, 741x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483658646126.jpg
171KB, 741x1080px
>>168435387
This.
>>
>>168435321
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwGvNfVNreOWcJauKKa3h47UYyTI0A6Ig

Its not bad, I was looking for it for the sake of inspiration for my own playlist. It delivered. Time to go weeby fast
>>
just had a 4 devo, 5 tone team who spammed lmao trash shit all game

I wish EA would just shut this shit down already
>>
>>168424395
>long campaign
>exposition cutscense
>character customisation

No, no, and no.
LESS CAMPAIGN, MORE ONLINE MAPS AT LAUNCH.

Compare the amount of maps at launch in TF1 vs TF2. Fuck the singleplayer campaign, GIVE ME MULTIPLAYER MAPS THAT I WILL SPEND HUNDREDS OF HOURS ON.
>>
I want custom model pilots. Not predefined "hero" pilots.
>>
>>168436013
Devo you can't counter, but I've learned to troll Tones with Ion and it's amazing.
>>
>Mix tape
>Searching for players

>3/12
>0 in matches

why me
>>
>>168436280
Devotion you can also counter, just move fast.
99% of the times the players who are so shit they have to rely on the devotion are too bad at aiming to track you properly if you're fast.

You only die to it if you like try to charge them head on on Crash site when they have A-Walls or on Boom Town.

Any other map they're easy prey.
>>
>>168435681
Wew lad this is 2weeby for me but I will listen to it, thank you.
>RWBY everywhere
Does that have a good OST?
>>
>>168436736
OST's alright, from what I understand the actual show is pretty shit.
>>
>>168436931
>shit story, good music, fun weapons, great fights, horrible outside of fight animations until s4
>>
>>168436280

we couldn't do shit against them with all the ion walls and corner camping
>>
>finish game after getting stomped
>I have 10 kills with EPG
>everyone on enemy team has 12+ kills and 100+ points
>no one on my team aside from me has less than 30 points

Fuck this gay ass matchmaking
>>
>>168424395

>titanfall 3

There's next to no way in hell this is going to happen, from a business perspective it's a worthless franchise and EA is going to gobble Respawn up like Bioware after they do their next two star wars themed games.

It's Visceral 2.0
>>
>>168437652

Has more than 30 points*
>>
>>168436338
Try London's data center
>>
>>168438010
How?
Also, I think this is the lowest population ive seen yet. 330 players in Attrition over here.
>>
>>168435387
both suck ass
g2 master race
>>
>>168438997

Go to main menu (where you select campaign/ multiplayer) and change data centre
>>
>>168439108
>hitscan
>>
>>168439204
>projectile
>>
uninstalled this pos
got tired of hearing nothing mut cars and alternators
>>
>>168439784
Congrats. Here's your (you), now get the fuck out.
>>
>>
File: grPzkrA.jpg (104KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
grPzkrA.jpg
104KB, 1280x715px
>>168441464

>I'm you but stronger!
>>
So whats the math behind trap pilots being faster?
>>
What do I spend credits on? My favorite weapon in the campaign was the R97 and it unlocks at 41 which is a bit away. Was thinking of dumping them on that.
>>
>>168444048
Low profile.
>>
>>168444048
Youll get credits fast, so its no big deal what you spend them on. Buy your favorite guns so that when you regen you dont have to wait to get them again.
>>
>>168444048
Do you have Low Profile? If not, buy that.
Then, you can buy all the Titans, since they're the cheapest buys in the game (for good reason).
After that, you can get WHATEVER YOU WANT.
>>
File: cwhover4.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cwhover4.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
raifu bump
>>
>>168446323
Nice
>>
A game finally worthy of posting
>>
File: cw3dock.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cw3dock.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>168446652
thank you! i always seem to get a lot of kills in this exact spot
>>
>>168446864
Direct hits with that thing make no sense to me
>>
>>168447410
blast damage as a whole is broken and tends to not apply fully when a weapon scores a direct hit.
>>
File: cwwall.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cwwall.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>168447410
takes some practice but its possible. almost goosed someone with it earlier today: >>168432249

most of the time its usually only one projectile that lands directly in cases of close combat, the 3 hits i got in the other webm were pure luck.
>>
God damn how do I into the Softball
>>
>>168447830
I just feel epg is more reliable
>>
>>168448069
Sticks
Go for the sticks everytime
>>
>>168448069
Simple - PLOP PLOP makin' motherfuckers POP
>>
File: scorchbattery.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
scorchbattery.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
this poor guy. i think he arc naded himself on accident while trying to rodeo me.
>>
>>168448535
How do you stick when moving at hyperspeed 20 feet above the map?
>>
>>168449156
It helps to put on the ordinance expert perk; itll show the arc for the softball as well as grenades.
Just play with it for a bit, youll get the hang of it.
>>
>>168449721
>>168449156
you dont need the ordnance expert perk for the softball to show its arc in ADS, it always does that.
>>
>>168449721
Softball shows the arc by default when you aim down the sights
>>
>>168447830
Out of all the grenadiers, cold war seems the most inconsistent. I use the other three more often than any other weapon in the game but I can't bring myself to use the cold war. Because I can more consistently kill with the softball, epg, or SMR.

In addition, it feels weaker against titans than all three of those, though I may be wrong.
>>
>>168450035
weird, i feel the exact opposite. i play all 3 as well, in terms of reliability, i feel its: cold war>softball>epg

epg is last for me because the projectile speed is so incredibly slow. im not good enough to land many direct hits with it, and the slow speed makes it not a great anti-titan weapon imo.
cold war is pretty good against titans as long as you can land at least 3/4 of the projectiles consistently. theyre the fastest projectiles of the grenadier class, so it makes hitting them much easier. though its not anywhere near as good as the SMR against titans.
>>
I never use ADS (EVA main).

I've seen a lot of EPG (I think that's the name of it) these last few weeks and I'm sorely tempted to try it.

How's the hipfire/close range game? I only like going fast and in close quarters with gunrunner.
>>
>>168450291
For me, its SMR>Softball>EPG>Cold War for reliability. SMR gets top in that because of its titan damage/the fact that you don't need to compensate for overly slow projectiles or bullet drop at most ranges against pilots. Softball is my bae, nothing beats the feeling of a stick. As for EPG, I played a lot of Tribes 2, Vengeance, and Ascend, so its easy enough. I just treat it like a spinfusor and its great.

The cold war though, I dunno. I like the design and the way it works, I just can't consistently kill pilots with it. four seperate projectiles result in inconsistency on splash damage, so it feels weaker than the other 3.
>>
File: 1564566-spinfusor.jpg (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1564566-spinfusor.jpg
8KB, 320x240px
>>168450640
EPG has perfect accuracy. You will never need to ads, ever. If you've ever played any tribes game, it's a spinfusor. As for close range, its an explosive so you'll die if you misjudge it and take too much splash damage. Try it out with gunrunner and fast reload, its a really good feeling landing a body shot while going fast and instagibbing some poor guy.
>>
>>168450660
>The cold war though, I dunno. I like the design and the way it works, I just can't consistently kill pilots with it. four seperate projectiles result in inconsistency on splash damage, so it feels weaker than the other 3.
i think out of all the grenadier weapons, having the high ground matters most with the cold war. if youre above or directly above an enemy, it makes landing all projectiles incredibly easy. i dunno how much youve played the cold war, but over time you can learn to control the spread to a degree. now and then i still get shitty encounters where i empty the magazine and the enemy still has a sliver of hp, but for the most part i kill pilots in 1 or 2 shots now.

the separate projectiles definitely make it harder to hit people going fast though, so i can see why you would feel that way.
>>
post scorch
>>
>>168451005
>it's a spinfusor

I'm rock hard.

Time to go get shredded by alternators.
>>
File: openbar.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
openbar.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>168451506
>post scorch
>>
File: flamecorecomplex.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
flamecorecomplex.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>168451506
i wish complex came up more. that map feels like its made for scorch
>>
File: scorch vs 3 idiots.webm (3MB, 860x482px) Image search: [Google]
scorch vs 3 idiots.webm
3MB, 860x482px
>>168451506
>>
File: NSangelcity2.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NSangelcity2.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>168453691
why are so many ronins so dumb?
>>
>>168450035
You can absolutely dunk on people with the Cold War if you remain king of the skies. Grapple is the Cold War's best friend; stay on top of the map, wallrun all the fucking time and rain blue death on people
>>
So I started using EPG today now that I've been getting bored of R97

It's strangely satisfying how my overall performance seems to have gone up since adopting it.
>>
>>168454847
[VGS]
>>
File: Replay_2016.12.23-00.25.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Replay_2016.12.23-00.25.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>168451506
The other Ronin died too, fyi

>>168453859
It happens less now that the game's been out for a while, but some people get real spastic when confronted with a really aggressive Scorch
>>
>>168454940

>VGS

Please explain
>>
File: shazbot.jpg (200KB, 522x681px) Image search: [Google]
shazbot.jpg
200KB, 522x681px
>>168455824
>>
File: 1486628099448.jpg (176KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1486628099448.jpg
176KB, 600x839px
>>168455824
>>
>>168455824
VGRD
>>
>>168457134
Slut
>>
>>168455824
These autists won't explain it so I guess I'll tell you.

SHAZBOT
>>
File: Blue Plate Special.jpg (4KB, 105x122px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Plate Special.jpg
4KB, 105x122px
I hadn't used the EPG in at least a month to try out different weapons and god damn I forgot how good it feels.
>>
C-cant I be fast too?
>>
File: 60147367_p0.jpg (344KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60147367_p0.jpg
344KB, 1000x1000px
>>168458035
Only if the fast resides within your heart.
>>
>>168458574
If a wise old man said that to me as his last breath before sacrificing himself for something I would bawl my eyes out
>>
>>168458035
The fast life chose us, we didn't choose it.
>>
Why can't respawn just re release on steam and break away from EA
>>
>>168460193
It would be literally too amazing for this to happen
EA has some kind of leverage i'm sure
>>
>>168460193
contract stuff with EA most likely. its never as simple as it sounds with big corporations like this
>>
>>168461490
It's killing pc...I feel bad for you guys honestly it's not fair at all that you all have to suffer for shitty choices
>>
>>168462245
itll be fine once respawn gets back on track and gets monthly updates out. low player count doesnt matter as long as you can find games, and attrition/mixtape are active.
>>
>>168462657
Hopefully next update will see better matchmaking, thanks to the new mixtape way of doing it.
>>
>>168437692
>from a business perspective it's a worthless franchise

Not true at all. EA was just retarded to think it could compete with powerhouse franchises like BF and CoD at the same launch date. That said, since TF wasn't an instant blockbuster, I'm sure EA is stupid enough to trash the whole franchise instead of make better marketing decisions.
>>
>Fa/tfg/gts think the grenadiers are "le sonic fast" throwback to tribes ascend and decry hitscan

Just reminding you shitters that chain shat all over spinfusors in that game :^).
>>
File: 2017-02-15_20-44-39.png (105KB, 906x646px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-15_20-44-39.png
105KB, 906x646px
>>168437692
>>168464223
Titanfall 3 is already in development.

>>168466397
>Fa/tfg/gts
Points for effort, I guess.
>>
Post yfw you lose by 1-5 points or there are shitters with single digits
>>
>>168466629
>Missing the argument
>>
>>168464223
battlefield is also published by EA you know. i think they thought that both of their games launched together would take away sales from cod, but that obviously did not happen.
>>
>>168466397
VGN
VGTG
>>
Is the PS4 network dead. Or am I in the wrong The Fast guys?
>>
Dammit, I think I'm getting a pinkie cramp after all the slide hopping for hours the past few days.
I want to play more though.
>>
>>168467776
I have one of those massive button mouse. I was thinking of putting slide and jump on two of the buttons to increase my bunny hoping.
>>
>>168467006
Nothing to argue about. The game's going to happen, regardless of EA's involvement or lack of it.
>>
Sorry to be a dead weight that last hardpoint match, my movement keys were basically nonresponsive. Could only move forwards after holding W for like 20 seconds. Couldn't jump either. Every other key worked fine and my ping was consistently sub 100.
>>
File: 1486619321557.jpg (639KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486619321557.jpg
639KB, 900x900px
>Get good with the Mastiff
>Become THE LAW

Best shotgun and to think otherwise is wrong
>>
File: for_her.png (1MB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
for_her.png
1MB, 717x960px
>>168467402
It's kinda dead. I can't play fast on a controller so my ps4 copy is worthless.

And I don't have friends
>>
File: tfg civil war.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfg civil war.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
when you have to put down a rival tfg
>>
>mfw Regening doesn't even phase me since I own 75% of the guns and perks
life is good at G5
>>
>>168471001
>You were supposed to bring balance to the fast not leave it in darkness!
>>
>>168469315
>play with high sens
>use mastiff and go fast
>pull literal 180s and get people so often that you get bitched at for hacking every match
Feels good anon.
>>
File: 01-02-2017_09-27-55-1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01-02-2017_09-27-55-1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>post a 160pt, 20 Pilot, 4 Titan attrition game
>RDDT messages me 'gg well played'
>message back with picture
>'not really'

When your feet drag on the floor, you don't even think how high you can reach. Cuck RDDTs.
>>
File: its a devotion episode.webm (2MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
its a devotion episode.webm
2MB, 700x500px
>tfw forget to record actual good moments

well have this i guess
>>
>>168471390
tfw get a rampage totally on accident but no replays
>>
>>168470847
That'd a bummer. I've been dealing with tone shitters all night with ADV slows.
>>
File: POWERFUL.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
POWERFUL.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
gave the r97 a bit of an effects overhaul to better represent its current power
>>
>>168471390
the fuck, i never realized there were two platforms on that structure. was it like that in tf1 too? i played 400 hours of tf1, mustve played angel city a million times.
>>
File: 2fast4udude.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2fast4udude.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
2 fast 4 me
>>
Where's that playlist for FAST times?

I want it for EZ games. And maybe my car.
>>
>>168472707
ctrl+f youtube, its in this thread
>>
>>168437692
>>168464223
how can you be in this general and know so little about the game?

The Titanfall IP is owned by Respawn alone. EA is *only* the publisher, and won't be doing any gobbling. Titanfall 3 could be on steam.
>>
>>168472916
do you have any idea why titanfall 2 is not on steam? the pc playerbase could definitely use it, and surely respawn must realize that having it on steam would bring in so many more players
>>
>>168473124
Because Titanfall 1 did well enough in EA's eyes that it was worth publishing 2. OR Respawn had an agreement with EA.
>>
File: 60825365_p0.jpg (969KB, 3620x2488px) Image search: [Google]
60825365_p0.jpg
969KB, 3620x2488px
>>168472916
I believe its a possibility for 3. Note that the first game was Microsoft only, because thats all that was in the contract. So now 2 is on every platform. If its not a breach of whatever contract Respawn has going with EA, and given that they're probably very unhappy with EA botching the launch, its quite possible that 3 could have a different publisher/be on steam.

>>168473124
Because EA is the publisher, which means it'll be on their shitty steam knockoff. Simple as that.
>>
>>168473124
Because EA is contracted to publish it. Not sure why, since it obviously is the entire reason for the fucked launch.

But they're not necessarily the publisher of the entire series, is the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>168473363
>>168473414
>Because EA is the publisher, which means it'll be on their shitty steam knockoff. Simple as that.
but EA has games on steam too. mass effect is still on there, dragon age too. why not titanfall 2 when it so obviously needs more exposure?
>>
>>168455824
>Reddit
>>
>>168473573
Those games were on Steam prior to Origin. EA is going to force the games they publish onto Origin. Simple business there.

EA fucked Titanfall 2 plan and simple. Especially since they knew they were putting BF1 out at the same time.
>>
>>168473786
>EA fucked Titanfall 2 plan and simple
yeah that much i know. just kinda weird though, theyd proably make more money in the long run if they put it out on steam. i know they want people to use their platform, but its currently struggling. i dunno, i dont understand this kinda stuff.
>>
>>168472803

Is there a less weeby one?
>>
>>168473414
Respawn owns the IP, not EA. Respawn gets to make Titanfall whenever it wants, and EA has to fight for the publishing rights. If EA wins, it goes exclusively on Origin.
>>
>>168473892
EA wants to push its own distribution platform, just like Ubisoft and Uplay. They consider Steam direct competition, and if a game is ever put on Steam, then Valve gets a cut.
>>
>>168473892
It is business 101. You have a software you want to push as a means of delivering a product. Instead of circumventing your own product and allow the game on a competitor's product you make it exclusive to your own product.

We can only hope Respawn is already in talks with someone, ANYONE, besides EA and Ubisoft for their future games.
>>
>learned how to grapple the correct way
Thank you based ArtOfGrapple anon, I'm slaying slows in droves now
>>
File: 1466102732904.png (190KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1466102732904.png
190KB, 500x529px
>Respawn will never self-publish their own Titanfall game
>>
>>168474174
they call me shig
may your hats fly as high as your dreams
>>
>>168474948
never say never anon
>>
>>168474948
I mean, they've got nothing to lose now. Cant have a worse release than TF2.
>>
>Ecoplanet
>running grapple and softball
>whipping around like a bat out of hell
>enemy stim doing the adad shuffle on the one house every devotionfag or a-wall camps on
>tactically grapple for dataknife insertion
>fast rope behind that nigger
>apply knife to face
>fuck off for more dope ropes
>see same stim nigger standing still on the roof of the building you see when you drop
>insert dataknife into skull
>salt.jpg
>mfw
If you're gonna stand still dont stand still as a fucking stim of all things
>>
>>168476084
The slow must be punished. You're doing God's work anon. God speed and many fasts in your future work.
>>
File: antislow shuriken.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
antislow shuriken.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
mfw i spontaneously realize thermite ignores the awall's occlusion
>>
>>168475672
>I mean, they've got nothing to lose now
they could lose more money. it is entirely possible that tf3 could have a worse release. i mean look at it, both games had terrible releases. people in this thread and other internet forums know the games are great, but this is just a VERY small minority.
the general public does not know this stuff. if they look into it, theyll see the first game sold well(it did right?), but quickly "died". second game sold like shit and is limping on. that doesnt make tf3 look very appealing.

this is all assuming tf3 will happen. yes i know about the titanfall 3 art thing and the respawn response to it, but lots of things get planned, and then changed. if tf2 doesnt pull a r6 siege type thing, there is probably not going to be a tf3. they cant make games without money.
>>
>>168466941
Personally, that's my favorite scenario. So close it doesn't really matter who won, but you get to try the cool guy escape. It'd be better if they needed more than a titan or two to destroy the goddamn ship, though.
>>
>>168476084
is it me or is exoplanet really bad for grenadier weapons? regardless of which i use, softball/epg/coldwar, i always seem to perform worse on exoplanet than other maps. like ALWAYS worse. i do pretty good/average on maps like complex, drydock and even eden but something about exoplanet makes my performance plummet
>>
File: peekaboo 2.webm (3MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo 2.webm
3MB, 1066x600px
>>
File: mxDi8XQ.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
mxDi8XQ.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>>168477973
>clay pigeon core online
>>
>>168477973
>that ending
>>
>>168477796
I've kinda noticed the same, it's more hit/miss on my end though. Sometimes I have a super good game with grenadiers on exo, other times I'm dogshit
>>
File: extreme disappointment.png (178KB, 311x306px) Image search: [Google]
extreme disappointment.png
178KB, 311x306px
>>168478715
that legion was being impressively sneaky, ended up driving the friendly ion and i all the way back. maybe its my raised FOV but i didn't realize how close he was till it was too late.
if i had a mic, i'd have loved to remind the ion pilot just what he was capable of against the guy, but oh well.
>>
>play LTS
>do great the first round
>next round
>almost every one is using the same titan as you
Is there a better feeling than making a mini meta for a match?
>>
File: cold warrior.webm (3MB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cold warrior.webm
3MB, 1728x1080px
>>168415831
that room is the home of some good cold war plays
>>
>>168479369
Usually if we're doing well ill do the opposite and switch to scorch or something random to have a little fun.
That is if im not already scorching it up (depends on the map).
>>
>>168479369
i actually hate that cause it usually backfires. especially if i do good with northstar or ronin and people swap to them and have no idea what theyre doing.
>>
Why do so many people play pilots vs pilots? What's the point buying a game with mechs to not even use them?
>>
>>168481761

>why do RDDTs sit on the floor
>what's the point in buying a game with Grapple/Wallrun if you're not going to use them?

They're shitters. That's why. They're smart enough to know CoD is shit tier now but too shit to get good enough to go Pilot V Titan. Shitters anon. Shitters. Shitbirds.

Don't be a shitter. Be fast.

It must be especially demoralising to them when a TFG stack rolls 8man Mixtape and I fucking dominate PvP because of past shooter gudness.
>>
>>168481761
I've never played pilot v pilot, but I definitely enjoy flying around as a pilot more than driving titans.
Going fast and using all the movement tools available is so much more fun than just being a big soldier.
>>
>>168481761
I hate how the whole entire community won't play the 8v8 games.
>>
>>168482093
I played it once, so many rooftop campers and a lot of krabers.
>>
File: mp_lobby0019.jpg (116KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0019.jpg
116KB, 1600x900px
my luck is finally starting to change
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (271KB, 627x857px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
271KB, 627x857px
>when the top three are nothing but hot golden men
>>
>>168484646
Speaking of banners, is the First Respawner banner some kind of pre-order bonus or something?
>>
File: rememberthisfedora.jpg (69KB, 747x348px) Image search: [Google]
rememberthisfedora.jpg
69KB, 747x348px
>>168484646
what banner was the rddt using?
>>
>>168484723
It was for participating in the tech test. PC players got it automatically at launch.
>>
File: 2017-02-16_01-21-14.png (203KB, 423x226px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16_01-21-14.png
203KB, 423x226px
>>168484934
decent
>>
Fuck you stupid assholes for getting me interested in picking this game up.

Now I can't play Overwatch or Rainbow Six Siege ever again. I can't go slow anymore. It's not that this is better and those are shit. I just can't handle the need for speed I feel every time I come across nice stretches of walls in those games that I could be running across.
>>
File: back off of my boy.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
back off of my boy.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>
>>168486027
GAS GAS GAS

Congratulations my dude, you've become enlightened by your velocity.
>>
Dumb question but how do you use the japanes voice mod? I dropped the files in the vpk folder but the voices are still in english. Are there any settings I need to change to enable mods?
>>
Post your theme song/main fasting music, don't bully tastes

https://youtu.be/Rj0GRcWqWQo
>>
>>168486629
you keep posting webms and half or all of them you are still aimbotting. you already got banned doing it once, why are you risking it again? is money not a factor or something?
>>
File: thinkDog.png (283KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinkDog.png
283KB, 600x600px
>>168487210
>aimbotting
>using a shotgun and an SMG that may as well be a shotgun
Slow down there, anon.
>>
>>168487335
no, he was actually banned for aimbotting before under a different name, khzghat or some shit. he bought or appealed the ban and plays under a different name now, siampuuh.
he posts webms here a lot. if you care enough, watch the webms he posts slowed down or frame by frame and youll see for yourself. he hides it well, but hes still doing it.
>>
>>168487335
judging by the hours, it's our resident aussie shitposting
pay him no mind
>>
File: 60287386_p0.jpg (4MB, 1980x1370px) Image search: [Google]
60287386_p0.jpg
4MB, 1980x1370px
>>168487060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8iUcZWAIk

Or something along these lines
>>
>>168487017
the VPKs are to revert the japanese text to english; you still need the actual audio files and the edited dll that swaps the localization
https://mega.nz/#!Bx4zCYaY!N2m8YFwV6qgt7Xio27G_yeDHQpufRP0e_MRmGpS0T3c
>>
File: heresy.jpg (33KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
33KB, 413x569px
>>168487335
>Slow down there, anon.

its just shitposting
>>
>>168487335
>>168487571
>>168487582
oops, i meant to say he bought another copy of the game. you guys can go into the discord and ask about it. apparently he was/is a member of the discord and they are all aware he was banned for aimbotting. i dont know the full backstory, if there is one, besides he was caught aimbotting.
>>
>>168487571
Instead of saying "go get the proof", why don't you post some? Isn't that how this sort of thing usually works?

>>168487736
You're right, I should have known better. We all need to think fast and clear here.
>>
>>168487758
>go into the discord
I'll pass. Is that what this is? The Discord circlejerk just throwing someone under the bus again?
>>
>>168487807
So long as you've learned the error of your ways, my brother.
>>
>>168487807
>Instead of saying "go get the proof", why don't you post some? Isn't that how this sort of thing usually works?
you mean you want me to ask the discord people or? go through the webms and identify which ones show him cheating?
>>168487879
like i said, i dont know if there is a backstory to it, just that he got his account banned for aimbotting. i didnt mean to set everyone off, i was genuinely curious as to why he would risk doing it again. assuming he buys the game with his own money, it seems kinda foolish to risk it again, its money down the drain.
>>
>>168487210
that's a pretty long ttk if he is aimbotting. if the bot is so bad and his has the crosshair on the target the whole time anyway, what's even the point?
>>
File: mp_lobby0022.jpg (123KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0022.jpg
123KB, 1600x900px
Post 'em.
>>
>>168487721
Oh thanks, that worked. I assumed it was the first game where every language ever was downloaded already. The voice isn't as cute as I was hoping though, does it change based on your faction?
>>
>>168489194
...aimbotting is aimbotting, anon. If he is, it's a problem, no matter how "little" assistance the bot might be doing.
>>
Using smart core and going ham as legion is so satisfying but I always feel dirty after using it. Particularly when I cancel one's eject.

But goddamn is it fun.
>>
>>168490346
smart core is weird. i have the worst luck with it for some reason; its worse for me than even flight core. it is so satisfying, but everytime i get it, i seem to get ambushed by 2 titans and/or pilots. normally that might be good, more fuel for the fire, but of course my shield is always down at the time even though i try to save it.
its like the stars align everytime i get my core just to make sure i dont get more than 2 kills.

what is your legion loadout like? im having trouble deciding a perk. currently swiching between 2 powershot and extra ammo
>>
File: i say.jpg (34KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
i say.jpg
34KB, 500x403px
>>168424395
I just want to see a less black and white portrayal of the Militia and IMC

I have said this before and I will say it again, I seriously prefer how everything about Titanfall 1 was a bit more grounded and not as... adolescent feeling.

It's difficult to explain, but I don't like how TF2 uses more tropes and is more predictable in so many ways. Hell I even heard the IMC faction guy's voice in my head exactly as it was before I even actually heard him speak.

I really don't like how titans have become so characterized. Almost like something out of a cartoon. The way Scorch stands like a sumo wrestler and even moves like one and the way titan death animations are so dramatized and the sort of thing a young teen would talk of like it's the coolest shit. "and then the titan jumped into the air and shoved it's big gun into the other titan's cockpit as it tried to crawl away!". I prefer Titans being portrayed as just machines of war.

If this shit gets any more adolescent and generic, we will see Titan abuse in TF3 and I am not down for this series to go that obvious route.

Although this isn't to say Titanfall is generic, it just got a few ticks on the generic scale from the first game and I don't like that.

>>168424516
Also this. I would even love to see a campaign that covers two sides of the war. Hell I would love to see two main characters from both sides who hate each other for totally valid reasons.
>IMC pilot / merc who tore up an outpost because it was cover to some serious outlaws.
>Person who lives on said outpost along with several others had no idea about outlaws
>Guy you play as from militia is a survivor of the outposts glassing
>Becomes pilot
>IMC guy who took part in glassing has been a victim in the past to pirates and the like who happen to form certain parts of the militia.
>Both the IMC and Militia pilot we follow have a personal encounter and want to kill each other.

post to long PT 2 coming
>>
>>168490665
PT2

Hell I would love to see those two reconcile with each other and maybe even be the beginning of a new faction.

Literally all I wanted to add to my previous post.
>>
>>168490553

Double powershot and dash. Try and use the short range mode as much as possible as you get more damage per shot (Long range has half the damage or short), and the shotgun blast is fantastic at picking off pilots who are trying to poke with the charge rifle or MGL. It also builds core quickly when used on Titans.

As for smart core, try and use it when you're running out of ammo or are about to finish off a Titan to ensure a kill on an ejecting pilot - you get unlimited ammo during the core so just hold down the trigger and don't stop firing, as you'll rack up a bunch of minion kills which are free points for your team.

Otherwise, keep Legion at close or long range - he excels in those roles but will suffer in mid range, particularly when dealing with tones.

If you can, use your dash to get around a scorch or ion shield, as you should get just enough time to powershot them before they can turn to face you.
>>
>>168490665

This only annoyed me more when I read the art book and saw the page about how the fold weapon was originally gonna be a portal for the IMC to bring their reinforcements from Earth but they scrapped it for a not-death star.
>>
>>168490863
thanks for the tips. one last question: does gunshield lock you into firing mode? i notice i can put my gun down with it up, and sometimes thats not good(nuke ejecting ronin for example). is there a way to cancel the shield or lower my weapon so i can start sprinting?
>>
>>168491336

Gunshield locks you into firing, so no melee or sprintimg. You need to time it well and keep your dash handy in case a nuke eject comes at ya'.

FrothyOmen has a video on how to play legion that i'd check out, too.
>>
>>168491413
aite thanks, ill check it out.
>>
GOLD|FIRE|Burning Man banner when?
>>
>>168492545
is it an advocate gift or achievement? if the former, better pray to the rng gods.
>>
File: cwroof.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cwroof.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
is there a fastest way to level a weapon? do you get more xp in certain game modes for instance? or is it all just kill/assist based?
i need to level my mozamique and some anti titan weapons to get credits for some camos
>>
Is the double take objectively the best gun in the game? It's so easy to get headshots and if you somehow miss their head you shoot them again for a two shot kill
>>
File: 2017-02-16_04-51-10.png (30KB, 325x98px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16_04-51-10.png
30KB, 325x98px
Ah.
>>
>>168494534
Nearing 3 month with no content patch, and the first content patch was pretty small, so can't blame people for leaving.
>>
>>168494534
>No new content
>Some weapons are too strong
>Half the maps are dogshit
Geee I sure wonder why people stopped playing.
>>
>>168472163
sweet. Now make the devotion shoot dicks
>>
>>168494534
>4am on a thursday
>>
>>168490863
Every time somebody asks "How do I play X titan?" there are always different responses. This is the first time I've seen somebody describe the exact playstyle I use.
Glad to know somebody else knows how to get the most out of Legion.
>>
>>168497487
That excuse will only work for so long and you know it
>>
>>168498157
I know the game is dying but you picked a shit time to tell us.
>>
Speed is life
>>
>>168490665
>>168490752
>IMC pilot / merc who tore up an outpost because it was cover to some serious outlaws.
>Person who lives on said outpost along with several others had no idea about outlaws
>Guy you play as from militia is a survivor of the outposts glassing
>Becomes pilot
>IMC guy who took part in glassing has been a victim in the past to pirates and the like who happen to form certain parts of the militia.
>Both the IMC and Militia pilot we follow have a personal encounter and want to kill each other.
FUND IT
This is what titanfall's lore and story needs. Not some uninspired resistance VS evil empire shtick respawn is trying to do.
>>
File: 1433707186193.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433707186193.png
151KB, 421x500px
Reminder to everyone here that Respawn isn't allowed to work on their game because EA wants it to die so they can have an example of how bad games perform when they're not stuffed with loot boxes and microtransactions.

This is the best we're gonna get. As someone who kicked the Dota monkey, companies with active playerbases only ever not do anything for two reasons; they're so big they don't have to worry about a thing regardless (Valve) or they can't (Respawn).

>2 months for a modified CTF and a new map
>No nerfs to the only 3 weapons used by 90% of the playerbase in the mean time

That's either extreme incompetence or not being allowed to do anything.

Don't believe me but if you really think EA wouldn't fund and kill a game just to secure future battlefield sales you're much to trusting of geriatric gaming tyrants.
>>
>>168502164
Funnily enough, UBISOFT of all companies is beginning to follow (most of) Respawn's model. All of For Honor's gameplay-related DLC (maps and modes; characters are handled a little differently) will be released free for everyone, and there was mention that Ubisoft will start adopting this model for its future games.
>>
Whoever designed the smart pistol and thought it was ok to pass as weapon in an FPS needs to be fucking shot in the street
>>
>>168505707
Now they just need to make the game worth playing for free and they'll have it made
>>
>>168505780
>Only available as a boost
>Replaces your secondary
>Only has two magazines
>Requires three locks on a Pilot, which takes two seconds of uninterrupted chasing and maintaining vision
Everyone already shitstormed about the Smart Pistol in TF1, when it was a basic loadout weapon. You missed the boat.
>>
>>168505932
Also,
>Player is explicitly warned when someone is acquiring a lock on them, similar to a Titan getting locked by an Archer
>>
>>168505932
this, smart pistol is fucking fine
it's irritating to be locked onto with it, but all you need to do is break line of sight to reset the lockon, then pop back out and kill them while their brains try to figure out whether to swap to primary or wait to lock on
>>
Honestly I like the smart pistol in concept - giving a way for new players or people not usually into FPS to not get utterly stomped is a nice idea.

Just a shame there's no real way to make it work in reality.
>>
>>168492545
I'm still waiting on dark stoic pilot camo...
>>
>>168481761
Yeah, why playing anything but a bad version of TDM with annoying AI and tanks with legs all the time?
>>
>>168507808

>annoying AI

Fuck off

>tanks with legs

Fuck off again. The giant mechs are what separates this from the coubtless generic "enhanced movement" shooters out there
>>
>>168507808
>Pilots vs pilots babby triggered
>>
>>168502164
It's not that. People are just tired of CoD clones where you run around like a headless chicken shooting with high rate of fire weapons, no matter how much wallrunning and high tech gadgets you might put in. Notice how BF1 is doing well, Siege too, same for OW, hell even Team Fortress 2 is still a thing.
>>
File: IMG_2148.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2148.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>168507808
>oh look a game called TITANfall
>seems like it has giant robot fights in it
>oh really? AND they somehow managed to balance those giant robots alongside foot soldiers in multiplayer?

>no thanks, I'd rather play CoD with wallrunning
>>
>>168455824
SHAZBOT!
>>
>>168506540
partial locks still land so you can mash the trigger three times

not sure if this was how it worked in tf1
>>
>>168481761
I'm kind of glad, just because it keeps those guys out of Attrition. I remember the first year of Titanfall 1 was hell because your teammates would never call in their titans or they would call in auto-titans because they refused to do anything except run and around and die over and over as a pilot.
>>
>>168508510
Nope
If you fired before the full lock, the lock would reset and the bullet would instead go where your cross hair was pointed
So spamming trigger would just cause your bullets to be centered around the middle of the crosshair and none of them would hit any locked enemies
>>
>>168507896
NUH UH THEIR NOT MECHS THEIR TITUNS
>>
I want to make sweet love to Northstar <3
>>
>>168509849
You can't fuck a Titan, Pilot.
>>
>>168509915
Maybe if the Pilot was a Simulacrum...
I mean she's so good at moving side to side, and up and down and she really knows how to handle a rail.
A Pilot can dream, PilotAnon, a Pilot can dream...
>>
>>168501857
Titanfall 2's plot isn't as black and white as you're making it out to be. There's a lot of different factions in play: Apex Predators and Vinson Dynamics being some of the biggest aside from the militia and IMC. Every faction is only interested in what benefits themselves, and that includes the militia.
Titanfall 3 doesn't need something drastically different (desu a simple rivalry between an IMC and militia pilot would be too bland). It should emphasise the self serving nature of every faction involved.
>Apex and Vinson end their partnerships with IMC
> everybody goes to war with each other
>the militia lose sight of their original mission as defenders of the Frontier, they become just another army throwing soldiers into the fray
>the Frontier goes from being the prize of the war to a simple battlefield, everybody with a gun or a titan is getting involved
>colonists are the only ones getting fucked because they can't defend themselves
>you play as a colonist determined to go after the leadership in each of the warring groups who are destroying your home planets: militia, IMC, etc
>your character faces conflict throughout the story as he/she has to make use of titans, the weapon they blame for the current state of things
>your character questions whether they can really obtain peace through war and starts to wonder if their mission is absurd
>>
File: a57.png (223KB, 719x353px) Image search: [Google]
a57.png
223KB, 719x353px
>>168505707
>>
>>168510250
>Turning Titanfall into another "war is hell" simulator where everyone is callously evil one way or another
I'm good, thanks.
>>
>>168510250
>Then titans go rogue and stop all possible FTL travel and humanity is shattered into thousands of isolated kingdoms
>>
>>168511004
It's better than some shallow rivalry
>red soldier hates blue team because the killed his family
>blue soldier hates red team because they killed his family
>red and blue are determined to kill each other for JUSTICE
>we the players can see that both men are equally wrong
It's just as clichéd as a straight rebels vs empire story.
>>
>>
>>168511717
It's still better than some star wars knockoff plot. The problem is that no one is willing to insert some original twists into it. I'd rather see a "every side has their own reasons" scenario, where one side gets a chance to win/wins because the player chose to fight for it in the end.
>>
File: RTS.jpg (61KB, 643x305px) Image search: [Google]
RTS.jpg
61KB, 643x305px
>playing Ion after mastering Vortex Shield
>Legions don't know to stop shooting
>Tones' DPS is cut by almost 80%
>Northstar never hurts me
>Anti-Titan weapons are comedy gold
>>
>>168415104
can I get a rundown?
>>
>>168510250
But... The 6-4 is a family.
>>
>>168512478
I'm torn.

The campaign was good, but not for the reasons of intrigue or plot. It was good because BT was so perfectly written and implemented and the level design was intuitively challenging. BT stole the show, as did the warp level.

The background bullshit is fine as just that, but I'd rather keep the theme of an M rated version of The Iron Giant with deeper questions about AI and morality being explored if there's going to be any deeper plot development.

But it should all be secondary to MP content.
>>
>>168512478
Ehhh I'm not a fan of alternate endings/decision based gaming. A story is supposed to be a solid thing with each scene fitting together with the scenes before and after it. If the ending is interchangeable then the whole thing wasn't very well built to begin with.
>>
>>168513389
Unless obsidian is writing it...
>>
File: 1479243273701.jpg (461KB, 1252x719px) Image search: [Google]
1479243273701.jpg
461KB, 1252x719px
>never get complements even when I kill 4+ titans as scorch
:(
I just want to be appreciated :(
>>
>>168513361
Don't forget all the various forms of transhumanism that are rife through the setting but are minimally explained. I'm sure you can do something wacky with that.
>>
>>168493446
Attrition always worked the best for me. Headshot the AI over and over again and get plenty of pilot kills.

At least that's how it worked in Titanfall 1, the XP system is completely obscure in this game and I can't tell how much it's been changed.
>>
>>168513752
>Human Pilot is killed
>Brain scan and personality is stored
>Comes to after regen
>As a Titan
>Cue flipping of current game tropes
>>
>>168513752
I would love it if halfway through the campaign in Titanfall 3 your character is caught in a huge explosion. As it loads the next mission you're thinking "how does he escape from that?" Then 6 MONTHS LATER pops up on the screen and you see your character waking up in a lab in a sim body.
Players tend to get attached to their protags at least a little so it would really fuck with people.
>>
>>168513503
Scorch is alot like a healer. If you play it people expect amazing plays out of you. Anything less leads to them shitting on you.

Don't worry anon people ill notice you more when you hit 6+ a game.
>>
>>168514053
End of game. Die again.
You were so good they turned you into a Titan OSBT was the first Pilot turned Titan OS
>>
File: 1486845805172.jpg (161KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486845805172.jpg
161KB, 1000x604px
>>168512818
>can't send back the flames
>mfw
>>
>>168514004
>>168514197
>AIs are based on human brains
>going full Halo
>>
>>168514004
>>168514197
>Whole campaign of escort missions for your AI controlled pilot
>he jumps in the cockpit and you have to watch as all your controls go dead
>top kek
>>
>>168514215
If you're playing Ion right, you never let scorch get close enough to hug you.
>>
>>168514643
>occasional speech options like in T2. options always boils down to:
>quirky robot lines like BT does
>or screaming in existential agony because of the machine you've become
>>
>>168514950
You can't reflect all those toasty flanks.
A good scorch can give you sunburn from across the map.
>>
>>168514643
That's actually an amazing twist.

>"Pilot, I have the situation under control."
>They get in anyway, "Trust me."
>>
>>168515007
>what happened to me , WHAT IS THIS
>"JC-7375, Ready to Comply"
>>
>>168515017
I switch between scorch and ion as my mains,

feels good to arc your canisters perfectly into a spam nest.
>>
File: 1472872406651.jpg (75KB, 730x660px) Image search: [Google]
1472872406651.jpg
75KB, 730x660px
How would you save TF2, /tfg/?
>>
>>168515150
Nothing better than long bombing a shot ,looking away towards the next target and then seeing Doomed Titan pop up on the side.
>>
>>168515324
By releasing the DAMN UPDATE FFS
>>
>>168514950
That's true of every titan.
Also vortex shield is meh. Any intelligent player, no matter their titan, will either retreat or just take quick shots when you drop your shield. You're only gaming the dumb players and that's not very impressive
>>
File: viperstar.png (629KB, 856x900px) Image search: [Google]
viperstar.png
629KB, 856x900px
>>168509915
>You can't fuck a Titan, Pilot.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.
>>
>>168515324
Fuck the rest of their roadmap, push mixtape matchmaking right fucking now. Rush that shit through on pc, rush it through whatever process they need to get updates to consoles. Consider it an emergency update, because the game will improve when you can actually find games other than goddamn attrition.

also a minor nerf to the devotion, a decrease of tone's absurd splash damage, and a small buff to flight core would be nice
>>
File: braindead whore.png (833KB, 808x1000px) Image search: [Google]
braindead whore.png
833KB, 808x1000px
>>168515324
Make it so salvo core isn't an nigh instant unavoidable free kill.
>>
>>168515497
It's an effective hard stop to tones.

That alone makes pub games fun again.
>>
>>168516706

Nice filename
>>
>>168515324

Drop ai drop pods on anyone who is still for more than a second
>>
>>168516706
This.
They should weaken the tracking on salvo missiles so a well timed side dash will make them go right past you.
>>
>>168518082
We want to balance Salvo Core, not render it useless. It's a core, after all.
>>
>>168518145
This. The issue with it is the speed in which it deploys. Say you corner a titan, any titan that's not tone. They start their core, and now the following happens:
Ion: you either kill her or gtfo during the windup animation
Scorch: You're probably not going to die, though it will hurt
Ronin: They're probably going to phase/dash the fuck out
Northstar: results may vary
Legion: Infinite ammo could be an issue, but it won't instantly end you.

Now, say its tone that you corner instead: You eat a salvo core to the face in the span of 2 seconds and die.

Its as fast as flame core, while doing even more damage, has no windup time, has no chance to miss unless the person using it is the single worst player ever, and will 100->0 a stryder and will at least doom an atlas. Damage per missile needs to be dropped, because if they all hit you're doing more damage than laser core with none of the risk involved, which is primarily the need to remain completely vulnerable during laser core's duration. I'd also be happy if it took another second or two for all of the missiles to launch, which would spread the damage out a bit more and make it less of a free kill button.

>>168517432
Its the truth of it, my dude.
>>
>use tone again for the first time in forever
>remember how easy it is to steamroll with her
It may be cheap, but it's fun as fuck scrubbing it up once in a while.
>>
>>168515324
Make it available on Steam
>>
>>168519932
Fag
Shed be fun to use since her abilities are interesting if she wasnt a crutch
>>
>>168518082
>>168518145
>>168518753
GIve them Soft Tracking, so that they go after slow moving targets in an area in front of them. That way it's more of an area that has slightly homing death instead of a fuckton of doom flying at you.
>>
>>168515324
Fucking this
>>168515430
Drop the stupid promises and teases already. Start releasing stuff. Since we're held back by consoles again and PC still needs more players, release updates there first. This way, respawn can fix things fast, if there's a real issue with it, before going through the cert process for consoles.
>>
>>168522983
You can't disenfranchise the consoles by releasing updates early on PC. That'll just cause people to jump ship from the consoles.
>>
>>168523132
Then attack the infection, not the symptom.

M$ and PSN lock down cross plat games due to their bullshit.
>>
File: snip.webm (3MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
snip.webm
3MB, 800x480px
Super late xth for kraber is love and life
>>
>>168515324
By RAPING Aoba.
>>
>>168523132
It won't though. They will still get the update and PC will get more players. Their population is also bigger, so it wouldn't be affected as much. If they are still playing after almost 3 months of nothing, 1 month more between updates won't kill them.
>>
>>168502164
I doubt it's that bad but EA is a bunch of stingy cumguzzling kikes.

>>168508183
That's not true at all, maybe it might have been applicable years ago when CoD clones were actually a dime a dozen compared to today and people were sick of brown 'n bloom. There might be some people holding out and refuse to play it because they see it as a clone but they'd be a fucking retard considering the present state of gaming as is. Also BF1 and Overwatch were marketed to hell and back and were developed by pretty renowned juggernauts with all of the funding in the world, so it's no wonder they're at the top. I don't think TF2 needs to be explained at this point. Siege is good though.

EA's just being a bunch of fucks and Respawn themselves subtly stated that. However it's not entirely EA's fault either, Titanfall 2 had a pretty shitty technical test and a bunch of reviewers criticized that. They fixed a lot of the problems (it's a fucking test after all, but I don't blame people for thinking it would be representative of the final product considering how many "tests" these days are glorified demos instead of a means to gather feedback and make adjustments) but it still left a bad first impression for what the game was going to be like. Not to mention that it's confined to the dungeon known as Origin on PC.
>>
CAW CAW
>>
>>168524608
unrelated to your post but it reminds me that those [CROW] dumbdumbs wanted our stack to tell the guy in these threads that was planning on making patches to make an actual Apex Predator patch instead of the waifu shit or something

I don't give a fuck personally but god speed with the patches
>>
What if tone was more like her name and because of her active sensors was always illuminated on the map and highlighted to other players? This would remove tone's ability to peak better than any other titan. I think it might even be enough of a nerf on its own. Thoughts?
>>
>>168525110
Oh wait I selected the wrong file, there we go. I can't tell if Crow members are annoying because I rarely see them, alone or in stacks.

Patches sound like a great idea. I still need to find a way to make the Solar Cola poster a real thing.
>>
Patches are the new /fa/ meta
They are going to be huge going from Spinrg into summer this year.

I wonder If I could recreate the TF2 Patches And Destiny Emblems as Patches for fun and profit.
>>
>>168525538
Oh I guess it was related then. But yeah they seem to vary, I don't really see them interacting with the enemy team in chat at all but I remember seeing some /tfg/ posting how they're a bunch of memespouting fucks in a LTS game he played.

>RealityMachina

Hey this guy made a bunch of cool fucking XCOM 2 mods.

>>168525792
I want a Apex, Vinson, and ACES patch. Maybe ARES too.
>>
You know what I was thinking? TF2 would really benefit from a zombies style game mode.
And I dont just mean the TF1 survival, which was easy and short.
>>
>>168526974

One like halo ODST firefight against infinite and increasingly powerful enemies would be cool
>>
File: smug UNRIVALED.png (121KB, 652x624px) Image search: [Google]
smug UNRIVALED.png
121KB, 652x624px
>>168523275
>NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER SURRENDER

It's the little things
>>
>>168526974
A lot of people would fucking appreciate it for sure. Sometimes I like taking a break from frantic multiplayer to genocide a lot of bots in horde modes. I still replay the majority-Titan mission where you have to break through the IMC base to try to stop the Draconis every now and then.
>>
>>168528331

I still enjoy replaying the final mission, mowing down grunts with smart pistol/ predator cannon is so satisfying
>>
>>168526974
Left 4 Dead style co-op campaigns against hordes of Prowlers, Flyers, and AI enemies
>>
>>168515324
>Start selling on steam, launch price 30$/€
>Release monthly balance patches at least
>One new map and one map from TF1 brought back every 2-3 months
>>
File: 1337818727153.gif (660KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
1337818727153.gif
660KB, 240x196px
Just think:
There are Tone and Devotion users in this very THREAD
>>
>>168530446
There is RDDT among us.
I guarantee it.
>>
>>168515324
Release on steam.
Go back in time and release it at a different schedule.
Marketing.
Give waifus / husbandos.
Add the mixtape matchmaking asap.

Smooth out the walls and floors in crash site. Make the central section less angled.
Add more cross lane routes, a few open sections, and remove dead end areas.

Similar idea for complex.

Downtune devotion and smgs slightly.

Give the auto pistol better hipfire, make the p2017 hipfire pinpoint on the first shot.

Move Thunderbolt closer to one extreme or the other - less damage, slower, bigger aoe, or the opposite.

Make scorch not dogshit garbage.

Reduce Ion reflect hitbox.

Downtune tone and Ronin so some matchups are more even.
Improve Titan perks so they're all useful (like on tone).
>>
File: Wonjae-kim-screenshot012.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wonjae-kim-screenshot012.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>168530446
Where are they? I'll punch them with my EPG
>>
>>168530575
>implying your tickle ball launcher will even scratch me behind my AWall a mile away
>>
File: cute lil gun.png (423KB, 621x468px) Image search: [Google]
cute lil gun.png
423KB, 621x468px
>tfw when suck ass at Ion despite trying very hard

when will she give me the love I give to her

I mean granted I suck ass in general but I need to do better
>>
>tired of all the faggots with their smg's
>rage switch to alternator and get 25 kills

wash me clean. also this thing is seriously busted

>first shot is always perfectly accurate

nice game
>>
FNN tomorrow.
Patch notes included.
No release date.
Mother fuck goddammit.
>>
>>168530446
>Just think:
>There are Tone and Devotion users in this very THREAD
*raises paw*

Devotion actually not that good up close. Smgs will generally murder devotion before hipfire spinup gets going. Could use a nerf though - double firerate, double ammo, half damage, tiny bit longer spinup, less accurate hipfire.
>>
>>168531529
Is this confirmed??
>>
>>168531327
Volt is bad compared to all the other smgs though ???????????????¿??¿???????
>>
>>168523275
What scope is that?
>>
>>168531776
Came from Jay fresh.
Saw it on Reddit
>>
>>168531529
>>168531776
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5uhiy4/fnn_coming_tomorrow_morning/
Respawn continues to deliver.
>>
>>168531834
after they nerfed the damage twice, people finally let it go.
>>
>>168531883
Jay said himself that they can't post a release date until the patch clears Microsoft and Sony certs.
>>
>>168532203
Which is just more points for the argument of releasing pc updates first. Mostly because pc is slowly dying, whereas the consolefags have a decent player count.
>>
>>168532203
They've also said multiple times that they're still "polishing" the patch. If it's not getting through certification, that's clearly on Respawn for failing to meet their expectations or whatever. Or they're just lying, either one.
>>
>>168530575
>Where are they? I'll punch them with my EPG
*Dodges your first EPG shot*
You think you can hit me with that pathetic weapon?
Not a chance!
*Phase shifts behind you*
It's time to end this little game!
*Freezes you midair with an arc grenade*
*Walljumps above you, drawing my CAR from its back holster*
Taaaake this!
*Hipfires rapidly*
*Lands with a crouch slide, not looking at your crumpled body filled with bullets*
...Heh... easy
*Holsters CAR*
*Smirks as tone lands on your body*
Nice try kid, but you'll never win a firefight against a skilled fighter like me with such weak equipment.
*Jumps in Titan and dashes away*
>>
File: ghb7542gh8905yh7g542.jpg (22KB, 268x263px) Image search: [Google]
ghb7542gh8905yh7g542.jpg
22KB, 268x263px
>>168532910
>clearly on Respawn for failing to meet their expectations

You say this like you know the approval process set by Microsoft and Sony. Please. Inform us of everything you know about this process. Im sure it's quite simple right?
>>
File: LAWLternator.jpg (271KB, 1043x1321px) Image search: [Google]
LAWLternator.jpg
271KB, 1043x1321px
>>168531327
mfw I use the alternator.

Seriously though, the wonky recoil makes it tricky to use at anything past close range.
>>
How did they ruin a game with so much potential. "Let's take a game with great maps, that glorifies speed and then simplify it, lower the TTK to abysmal amounts, make awful three laned mas, add in obscene amounts of aim assist, make class based titans and reward camping instead of movement"
>>
File: line em up.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
line em up.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
when the cone of fire is just right
>>
>>168531850

Threat scope. Highlights enemies but you can only choose one attachment for your weapon.
>>
>>168533316
How can you live with the kill counter on the r97? It makes it look so fucking lopsided, they should have put it on the reciever
>>
>>168533160
I don't, but that doesn't change anything. Sony's requirements could be for a blood sacrifice, that would still be on Respawn for failing to fulfill what they're signed up to do and what everyone else has been doing for however long.
>>
>>168533476
i like to imagine it's a LAM or something and it doesn't look too bad
i don't think it's as bad as it is on the cold war, at least, where it's completely covering the left exhaust vents
>>
File: 9-not-impressed.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9-not-impressed.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>168533515
Damn you sound like a spoiled ass brat.
>>
>>168533643
What about the Mastiff counter, where it's on one of the exhaust flaps?
>>
>>168533728
If someone fails to do their job, it's nobody's fault but theirs. It's not "spoiled" to expect someone to not fuck up, quit sucking Respawn's dick.
>>
>>168533778
That's cool because it moves, like on the L-STAR
Being on a vent is different since it'd fucking melt
vents are not designed to have things on top of them cunt
>>
>>168533778
i don't think it's an issue there since the flap is clearly opening up just fine. maybe the unit itself could be at risk if the outside of the vent gets real hot but that doesn't seem like it'd be a very big concern.
>>
>>168533885
You know nothing about the industry. Get off your high horse and stop talking about things you know nothing about like you can do any better than people who are actually in the industry.
>>
>>168533160
i think the big thing is it has to be a specific size, which is kind of annoying for content updates.
>>
>>168533885
No one said Respawn fucked up, though. The patch is going through final certification right now.
>>
>>168534115
Jayfresh and other members of the teams have said several times before now on Reddit that the patch is "being polished" after Jayfresh first said it was in certification alongside the original announcement. Ergo, they have failed certification at least once.
>>
>>168533316
A-anon, stop aimbotting!
>>
Release on pc, treat the consoles like the slows they are
>>
Anyone have an idea on what the patch notes will be?

>>168536795
>consoles
>slow
There's that damn combination again..
>>
>>168531015
Dont pay atention to the little black bag at your feets, its nothing .......
>>
>>168533728
i wish the entitled gamer meme would die
>>
>>168537273
Why do people think all console players are slow? I don't get it, it's easy to go fast on console, just most slows on here don't know that it's even possible
>>
>>168534084
the ability to do well has nothing to do with it lol, "doesn't take a chef to know good food" and all that
>>
>>168537273
>>168538371
The fact of the matter is that there's a way larger proportion of slow players on consoles than on PC.
>>
>>168538557
I can't say you're wrong there, but that is a result of a generally much larger playerbase primarily coming from CoD.
It's totally possible to be very fast on console if you're not completely incompetent, though
>>
>>168525110
>>168525538
>>168525792
>>168526579
I have attempted to summon our patchfriend, hopefully he'll be here shortly. I don't think he'll have much news though, he's had a bunch of life shit happen, so patches might not happen for a month or two. Wait for his word though.
>>
is it me, or does the quick reload for coldwar not do anything?
>>
>>168539102
>patchfriend
Our who what?
>>
>>168533316
I never want to play with you. you can't see how bad I am
>>
>>168539168
It's a big help but yeah it wont turn it into an instant reload.
>>
do you have to have auto sprint off to do slidehop?
>>
>>168539450
No
>>
>>168539391
every time I have to reload it seems to take a millennium, which is especially annoying if my guy tries to grab on to something mid-hop and delay the fucker. I can't see a difference in reload speed at all really
>>
>>168539568
then I have no idea how to do it
>>
File: VIERNAMESE WAIFU.jpg (48KB, 536x600px) Image search: [Google]
VIERNAMESE WAIFU.jpg
48KB, 536x600px
>>168531073
In order to Ion all you literally need to do is stay back and spam the Laser Shot. On the chance that someone tries to approach you: DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR FUCKING LASER MINES

And DO NOT try to be a fucking hero just because of the Energy Shield, hell you're gonna want to rarely use it. Like really Ion is so fucking easy to use when you just lrn2 not get caught up on the fact that you can Energy Shield your opponents attacks.

Picture unrelated
>>
what do you do about flight core? it shits on scorch's fire shield so quickly
>>
>>168539720
Most of the difference is in the actual time it takes to grab the new mag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIkQCzJ0SHk
Why is this not a warpaint for Northstar?
>>
>>168540223
Apply thermite to face
>>
File: 1479065648729.jpg (20KB, 287x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479065648729.jpg
20KB, 287x480px
>>168539254
Our friend who makes patches, the one that had the poll as to which patch he should add to the "happening" list which Apex won by a landslide. He usually goes by Merlin.
>>
>>168539102
I saw the Patch signal, what's up /tfg/? What am I making for you guys to go with the Apex patch?

>>168539254
Me! I do patches that other patch makers don't bother with, since I'm a fan of bad decisions in the hopes of making people happy.

>>168540479
>He usually goes by Merlin.
Some say he's the oldest wizard in existence, some say he personally put the sword in the stone, some say he's just some nerd with a cool name, but everyone can agree that he is a fucking weeb named Merlin.

---

I'm up for adding three or so new patches to my backlog for you guys, no poll needed this time. Any style, shape, image, whatever. You want straight rips from the game, sure. You want waifu shit of one of the Titans? Why not. You name it and I'll do it, sometime.
>>
>>168540450
that'll not do much if he's not close to being ded
>>
>>168541258
Angel City Elite emblem
>>
File: 1402051200328.jpg (39KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1402051200328.jpg
39KB, 500x738px
>crash site
>allies are all running up the hill as a solo AWall DMR picks them off one by one
>this happens for over a minute until he has 12 kills and his titan
>>
>>168541435
Sounds great, got a good picture, either from ingame or something of similar quality? Also, I know some of this stuff shows up in various forms like with the Apex thing, is there one specific version of the A.C.E. emblem you want?
>>
File: Untitled2.png (358KB, 616x452px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
358KB, 616x452px
>>168541658
>>
>>168541258
So do you sell these or what?
Because I'd buy >>168542723 in an instant if you do
>>
File: Capture.jpg (88KB, 641x579px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
88KB, 641x579px
uh

what if i set all these to zero

is that something fairfight will fuck me for?
>>
>>168544636
That's the plan, yeah. I'll be running the ACES and Apex Predator patches in late spring to early summer if things go well. They never do, so expect this around June, and check out the /k/ patch threads for updates. That, or email me at [email protected] and I'll keep you up to date as much as I can.

>>168542723
Perfect, just what I needed. No other variants or anything, right? Just this? 'Cause this'll be easy to make a patch of. Show of hands, who wants something like this?
>>
>>168545537
Highly highly likely
>>
File: Capture.jpg (41KB, 525x442px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
41KB, 525x442px
>>168546281
fair enough

well, i'm going to try setting this one to zero so i can use my overlay dot without the default crosshairs dancing around behind it
>>
File: mp_eden0014.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_eden0014.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>join halfway through a game and still barely squeeze to the top
mozambique feels so nice
>>
Xbox Pilots up for a stack in like, 20-30minuten?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (528KB, 1905x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
528KB, 1905x1073px
>>168546631
WORKED
NO CROSSHAIR

now we play the waiting game to see if i get banned. obviously will report in if i do; I don't advise anyone to try this until a couple weeks from now to be sure
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (504KB, 1907x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
504KB, 1907x1077px
>>168547683
and with my rock solid overlay
>>
>>168547683
why would you risk the ban? got money to burn?
>>
>>168548087
i'm a big man with a big job, i can afford it
plus it's like $25 on amazon right now so who cares
i'll bear the risk for you boys
>>
why do people put ugly kill counters on their guns?
>>
>>168548423

Iunno. Fancy gadget ennit?
>>
File: mp_thaw0016.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_thaw0016.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
I think that's the first time I didn't die all round

>>168548423
because having empty slots on the equip screen makes my autism flare up
>>
>>168507489
Just play coliseum. 2 merits every 2 minutes (not even counting the merits for leveling up the epg and charge rifle) mean you'll level extremely fast.
t. guy who regenerated 5 times in a time span of 5 days
>>
Thinking about a ps4, and with it double dibbing in titanfall. How's the playerbase on pc and ps4?
>>
>>168550537
much bigger on ps4, but you can always get a match on pc
>>
>>168550537
get it for pc unless you are really a slave to couch controller life. the game really shines with keyboard and mouse. playerbase is fine as long as you want to play the most popular modes
>>
>>168531685
>*raises paw*

kys

Also, doubling the firerate and halving the damage makes it more like a lazer beam and forgiving to the inaccurate shitters that use it.
>>
>>168550687
What's the numbers though.
>>
>>168550890
depends on your region and play hours
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (535KB, 1903x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
535KB, 1903x1067px
oh my god this is so much better
>>
>>168550890
West coast NA is usually 1.8k-2ksomething at reasonable hours.

>>168551207
just set the crosshairs to a dot in the files?
>>
>>168551517
>just set the crosshairs to a dot in the files?
no, because the hud crosshair will always bob and bounce as you run and jump, even though your aim is always actually dead center of the screen

I turned every single crosshair off (except the softball and mgl, which use something else) and am just using a static overlay
>>
tomorrow morning cannot come soon enough
>>
what's the best way of capturing titanfall clips for future webmification? I've got an aging ATI card and an AMD processor on its last legs. Streaming to twitch through origin tanks performance too much to be an acceptable option—is there anything less resource demanding?
>>
Whatever happened to Atlas, Ogre, and Stryder
>>
>>168552926
OBS is generally the choice for non Nvidia users.
The current Radeon drivers have an equivalent called ReLive, but I'm not sure how it works out efficiency-wise.
>>
>>168553054
Atlas - Tone and Ion
Ogre - Scorch and Legion
Stryder - Ronin and Northstar
>>
File: 61445524_p0.png (2MB, 1357x1010px) Image search: [Google]
61445524_p0.png
2MB, 1357x1010px
>>168552926
Personally, I use shadowplay and whenever something dank happens hit my hotkey to save the last 30 seconds. But that requires a decent nvidia card. Your best bet may be OBS, and then record as you play, don't stream. If your rig can't handle that, you need to upgrade.

>>168552310
Don't get your hopes up.

>>168553054
Ion/Tone, Scorch/Legion, Northstar/Ronin. They still live on, just in specialized chassis.
>>
>>168553170
ReLive and Radeon Settings in general is trash. I want to like it, but every time you click on something it takes 3 years to load or just craps out and has to refresh. ReLive can't decide what Monitor it likes best if you have more than one. Some of your clips will end up with the audio out of sync for some unknown reason.

I really want to like it, it's one of the only programs out there that let's me save clips without recording a constant video without giving me cancer, but damn it's made awfully.
>>
anyone played with aj4x?
has no tag, is he a dev?
>>
>>168554429
There are people that don't have tags but no, not a dev
devs have specific callsign tags that are the respawn logo with DEV on it
>>
>>168547329
Xbox stack still going? You cats got room for me? Message/invite if yes zombyxzolem
>>
File: 1477655397059.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1477655397059.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
PCpilots ought to be standing by when happy hour drops
>>
File: coldwarrun.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
coldwarrun.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Are poprocks still the meme of the month?
>>
>>168557512
Its not a phase mom it's a way of life!
>>
>>168553305
>Don't get your hopes up
you do know they've said the FNN is tomorrow morning though, right?
>>
Any ideas on what will be In the patch?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (192KB, 1636x922px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
192KB, 1636x922px
BATTLE OF THE FASTBOYS
most fucking fun i've had in ages
>>
>Go to install relive
>takes forever
I'm going to miss going fast
>>
File: 1479266043749.jpg (90KB, 931x712px) Image search: [Google]
1479266043749.jpg
90KB, 931x712px
>Data center
What is this? I've been playing for a while and am wondering about this.
>>
three full matches of tfg on tfg
very fun
>>
Roninfags trying to nuke eject
>>
lowering my mouse sensitivity has been really fucking hard but it's given really good results. thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>168550779
Learn to recognise a joke my friend
*Glomps you*
0w0

It makes it worse because you get double the recoil and way more indication you're receiving damage when you're getting shot at.
>>
>>168564096
he didn't go fast enough
>>
>>168564096
not titanfall
>>
>>168545537
>>168546631
daamage stats are server sided, messing with them won't change anything
>>
>>168564251
>>168564150
Sorry friends
>>
>>168564297
yes, but completely removing viewkick has got to be an unfair advantage
>>
>>168561215
>awall

>>168559478
that doesn't make it any less likely to be disappointing

>>168564454
assuming you could, it would be, yes. but unless your performance suddenly skyrocketed, fairfight and thusly respawn wouldn't know or care.
so far i've only found one change that can be made in the weapon files that is straight up cheating, but i don't think recoil can be messed with.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (107KB, 1361x760px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
107KB, 1361x760px
>>168564560
>>awall
yes, but dig this fucking loadout

you're on a dense map like drydock or angel city, and the enemy team is poppin with titans

get in a window and throw down an a-wall, popping thunderbolts through it to rack up ridiculous titan meter

if a pilot tries to sneak up on you, quickswap to EVA
>>
>>168564628
(i specifically mention a dense map because on a more open one like kodai or homestead, the archer's infinite lockon and tracking is way better. in a map with lots of obstructions, blind firing amped thunderbolts down hallways is much better)
>>
>>168564628
i'll allow it. SMR is more fun for awalling titans i think
>>
>>168564729
correct, but i have it on the loadout with stim and gunrunner, it's for using amped weapons and sprinting around and harassing titans
>>
>>168564560
>so far i've only found one change that can be made in the weapon files that is straight up cheating
Elaborate
>>
>>168565013
there's a certain optic setting that isn't server sided
found it while i was trying to enable suppressor model for the R97, i'm pretty surprised respawn left it like this
>>
File: 200 glad.png (531KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200 glad.png
531KB, 497x732px
>>168562883
It was a great time
>>
>>168565484
was not so fun being on the losing team, but still very fun

like i said, every time i had the upper hand on one of you, another one would show up behind me and perform butthole opening
>>
>>168562450
Where the servers are physically located.
>>
File: 1477546323035.jpg (26KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477546323035.jpg
26KB, 480x480px
>>168564628
>>168564729
I've got an anti Titan loadout consisting of A-Wall, SMR and Thunderbolt, usually with amped weapons as well. It's extremely good at fighting Titans and builds a Titan meter in literally one minute or less every time if there at least 2 Titans.

Reload and extra ammo on Thunderbolt lets you send like 8 down range (through an A-Wall) at fighting Titans. Reload and extra ammo on SMR lets you shred Titans if they're distracted and you're above them. Just really fun to run around with for a while when the enemy gets their Titans.

Nothing sadder than chewing through a Legions gun shield with A-Wall and SMR, then him slowly running away while you dump another mag into him for 3/4 his health.
>>
File: 2017-02-16_22-21-50.png (2MB, 1163x1256px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16_22-21-50.png
2MB, 1163x1256px
>>168565908
my primary at loadout is just for being a cunt with the broken ass EPG splash damage, since it's only really for LTS where i feel more inclined to take a no bullshit approach to things
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (224KB, 1631x915px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
224KB, 1631x915px
>when your kill cucks the opposing mvp out of top frag and wins the match
S H I G G E D
>>
>>168565541
The PC happy hour stack is a hive mind, I swear.
It's so much fun analy ravaging slows with your buddys.
>>
>>168565908
My only problem with SMR is that it's very, very poor at killing pilots, so you're kinda fucked if one sneaks up on you
>>
>>168561215
>Baited into my Titanfall
Legitimately the most fun I've had against /tfg/, next to the one time I distracted someone and they got shot because of it
>>
I hate TF1 so much. I just ragequit a match and uninstalled. Some faggot had some shit that made his titan so fast it could cross the whole fucking map in a couple seconds. Goddamn cheating bitches.
>>
>>168566376

It's not that bad at pilot killing, you just need to be using it in the same way as the other grandiers; always be above what you're shooting at. Makes it way easier to compensate for the travel time or the rockets and bath an area with micro-splosions.
>>
>>168566523
Agreed, it's not that bad once you realize how small the explosions are
>>
>>168566694

Truth. Compared to the other grenadiers it has an obscenely long TTK unless you manage to get direct hits with it. And you WON'T.
>>
trying to find people to play with :/
>>
>>168566845

You have to let us know what platform you're playing on, dude. We can't stack up if we can't find you.
>>
>>168566842
>And you WON'T

Just run Arc grenades with it ya dingus fish in a barrel.
>>
>>168567018
think of the context we're talking about though
>you're a-walling SMR and Archer/Thunderbolt
>a pilot tries to snek up on you
any arc nade you throw is gonna hit you too, because you're guaranteed in close quarters in that situation
>>
>>168508352
But CoD does have wallrunning.
>>
File: 1412758252779.jpg (112KB, 717x585px) Image search: [Google]
1412758252779.jpg
112KB, 717x585px
>>168567107
You can sprint and slide off a roof in half a second man, or take to the walls as soon as you hear their foot steps. Maybe YOU have trouble going fast at a moments notice but some of us don't.
>>
>>168567372

As far as sound-whoring goes, I kinda wish they muted friendly pilots a little. I've gone full panic-mode only to see green names around me.
>>
>>168567536
Just check the minimap real quick. If no friendly pilots are near you its an enemy. As soon as I hear a jump pack activate I'm looking at the minimap. Headphones really made a difference in TF2
>>
>>168531685
>double firerate
>half damage
>double ammo
Wat
>>
File: Joining a game late.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Joining a game late.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>soloQ
>>
>tfw fighting with a pilot in the skies as a 3v3 Titan battle rages on below
This is why I love the shit out of this game.
>>
>>168540479
>>168541258
My cat is named Merlin.
>>
File: Capture3.jpg (142KB, 1638x903px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.jpg
142KB, 1638x903px
BLACKED
>>
>>168568106
I feel like Ronin definitely got a buff in the latest patch. I started her up recently and it was almost too easy to rack up kills.
>>
>>168540479
What is that poor fowl doing in a trash can? I hope it's alright...
>>
>>168568708
welcome to the well-done club, senpai.
>>
>>168414141
Or maybe because I feel like I'm cheating whenever I use it.
>>
>>168563884
I wouldn't say it would make it strictly worse necessarily, but feel completely different. It would be worse at longer ranges and could no longer be used as a sniper in single tap, yet would give more consistent ttk when fully reved and used in small indoor rooms or close range. So it could still neverthless be used to efficiently and mindlessly hip-fire, which is what I hate about it.

With the other nerfs you mentioned, yes it would be worse, but I'm sure Respawn will just give a straight up damage nerf so as to not completely re-do its feel.
>>
>>168567372
arc nades' range to slow you is fucking absurd
>>
>>168570886
about 22 feet maximum, which is actually smaller than the 30 feet they had in titanfall 1. i think making them detonate on contact was a really stupid decision in particular and the real issue, it makes them way too easy to use.
>>
Holopilot continues to amuze
>>
wake up pilot
>tfw pc is dead in the water if they dont load the patch and the notes with new maps balance a free weekend and 2x xp
>tfw they ditched us for a month and some change with stagnating mapsets balance and no support
>>
hello [RDDT]
>>
>>168576341
hello [9GAG]
>>
File: 1484729081231.png (3MB, 1440x2026px) Image search: [Google]
1484729081231.png
3MB, 1440x2026px
Hey /a/
>>
Any UK fast guys wanting to play this evening? Xbox
>>
File: 1477589510911.png (243KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477589510911.png
243KB, 500x500px
>>168576793
H-hey
>>
>>168577056
Not UK, but I'm down in 5 minutes or so

Just send network invites
>>
>>168577340

I'll be heading off to college in a minute (morning here) so I won't be available for a few hours.
>>
>>168549970
I'm 10.50, you can't go beyond that. Dark stoic is 11. So it's impossible to get right now.
>>
>Put on loud Carpenter Brut
>Instantly become aimgod thunderking

who needs situational awareness
>>
>>168580728
Not using the playlist anon?
>>
How would you feel about a playlist that introduces random requirements? Like everyone forced to use the mastiff or everyone has to use the grapple? Or everyone has to use a different titan?
Perhaps the requirements switch up during the game, so after a few minutes, you're forced to use the EPG.
I think this would be great and would be more about fun than tryhards camping everywhere.
>>
Do pilot kills give your titan exp? I want a black northstar, but cunts keep stealing my kills in LTS by just running at them and taking the execution.
>>
>>168580905
Not enough people to really sustain that sort of thing.

>>168580872
I just checked and Dear Sanic, it's up to 8hrs.
>>
>>168581092
I don't think so, only for titan drops, kills and maybe assists?
>>
>>168580872
there's too much weeb in there

"Nightcore" is the instant keyword to lose my interest
>>
File: UNRIVALED.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UNRIVALED.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
Friendly reminder that Ion-chan can kill Vanguard classes
>>
>>168581245
Well that's all I ever see; "titan assist" . Even without executions, if there's a legion or an ion or something, they'll get the last hit before the pilot inevitably ejects, which is considered a kill. So damn annoying.
>>
>>168581335
You also get it if you doom them and the the player ejects.

When I first started using NS I had your exact same problem. Keep putting in work and you'll see good results in no time.
>>
>>168581432
Yeah, but I was saying if they're doomed and someone else starts firing, before they eject it's the player that did the last damage that receives the kill. So a legion would obviously has about 15 chances, while I just have the 1, if they're going to eject.
>>
>>168581252
I'm using the playlist on spotify, which is predominantly synthwave and other electronica. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with nightcore artists so if they are on there I haven't found it yet.
>>
>>168581572
You can rapid fire the rest of your mag. The damage may be lower but you'll do more damage per bullet, which can be enough.

When you learn how much damage you can do at the various charge states, you'll have an easier time getting the last hit. That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it really is an experience thing.
>>
>>168581987
the sad thing is, that reinforces bad play. you should be trying to do the most damage to the enemy titan, not holding off to land the last hit. XP systems are pointless and negative to the game experience if they reinforce bad behavior
>>
>>168581987
Do more damage per bullet compared to a Legion or an Ion using her splitter rifle*
>>
>>168581987
For a titan takedown, but if they're going to eject, there's no way I can get the titan kill against an automatic weapon. I'm just annoyed always having the most damage output in LTS but low kills. Just Northstar I guess.
>>
>>168582149
You'd be surprised. A player doomed or near doomed seeing 2/3ds or something of their doomed bar vanish is going to mash the shit out of that eject button.

Alternatively, let go. I did mention you'll get a better feel for her with time.

>>168582093
I agree, but the anon asked for advice and I'm just dispensing it given the circumstances.
>>
>>168582149
crit shot with full power once they get doomed, they won't have the chance to eject
>>
>>168582149
I like pulling out of N* and letting her potshot the doomed titan while I gravity star them so they're fucked but it's a super situational play
>>
>>168567791
Same dps, same ammo usage rate, more bullets, more recoil.
>>
finally got around to playing with the volt post-nerf, it's pretty fun
>>
>>168583858
no it isn't, don't lie
>>
File: list.jpg (268KB, 856x1202px) Image search: [Google]
list.jpg
268KB, 856x1202px
prove me wrong. you can't
>>
File: 1469217859849.png (48KB, 334x243px) Image search: [Google]
1469217859849.png
48KB, 334x243px
>>168561215
We should host Inhouse matches.

There's the custom game mode option already, we just need to set a time each day of the week or something.

For example 8PM CST everyone in the network is invited to an inhouse match of 8v8.

It would legitimately be great.
>>
File: unknown.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>168592025
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Mah EPG boi

>when you have a fast start on Crash site with your EPG and you get your titan not even 1 minute into the game and literally destroy everyone until you win
>>
>>168583429
>devotion
>recoil
>>
I can't wait till this Cold War dick sucking stops and you guys all move onto the Mastiff and then everyone posts webms about the Mastiff and talks about the Mastiff
>>
File: 1390937911120.png (135KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1390937911120.png
135KB, 294x294px
>>168593876
>tone
>>
File: 1338173940941.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1338173940941.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>>168593876
>212 points with Tone

Congrats dawg that's literally 20 points if you'd have picked a Titan that didn't play itself
>>
>>168596245
>>168596328

So you ding dongs are so stupid that you can't tell the guy posting the screenshot of his score is BEING KILLED by a tone. He's in the Ion being salvo cored.
>>
>>168593876
>>168596245
I just noticed it was a kill replay and you're the Ion, you're forgiven.
>>
>>168596245
>>168596328
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>168592025
>EPG
>Above Softball or Cold War
Not a chance friendo
>>
File: CpxtXPC.jpg (61KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
CpxtXPC.jpg
61KB, 539x960px
>>168596328
>>168596245
[tfg] also doesn't allow people to be mentally slow
>>
>>168596603
>>168596608
>>168596637
I've never been wrong before and I'm not about to start now, I stand beside my insult regardless of what facts come to light
>>
>>168596679
Guess you have no place here then
>>168596608
>>
>>168596245
>>168596328
RDDT RTRDS
>>
>>168596756
Still, you tried to bant too hard and you flew your bants too close to the sun, Australicarus
>>
File: mp_complex30084.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_complex30084.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>168593570
aye
>>
>168596854
>Not immediately jumping to conclusions when you see Tone

That just means you're a super casual anon
>>
>>168596328
>>168596245
That's the death cam at the end of the match lol, I was using Ion.
Get your eyes checked.
>>
>>168596854
>pot
>kettle
>>
>>168593570
It would but not everyone is great at this game. Some are still learning the ways of fast and proper Titan usage. Be a touch unfair to them
>>
>>168597105
We can play things other than LTS, and if they play with us they'll learn faster than by playing pubs so there's nothing to lose.
>>
>New game mode gets released
>Totally dead in 3 days
>Attrition, Bounty Hunt and LTS continue to be the only game modes with a pulse

Why don't they just release a shit ton of customization options that can be purchased for credits? It's not like anyone goes "OH SHIT THAT GUYS GOT THAT HELMET IT'S A GRAPPLE PILOT", they've already got the right idea by having in game currency that can't be bought for IRL money (what a fucking beacon of standards in a sea of liquid shit).
>>
>>168597221
blame the skeleton crew
the patch notes better give me full body orgasms or this game is dead
>>
Is it morning already wherever their studio is?
where are the patch notes
REEE
>>
>>168598206
literally 6 am, don't expect anything for another 6 or so hours
>>
File: 1440039497983.jpg (17KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1440039497983.jpg
17KB, 399x388px
>>168598260
>Game developers literally living in the past
>>
File: snapshot0000.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot0000.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
anybody else getting crazy stuttering after ca 1-2h of playing? before that everything runs perfectly fine. singleplayer ran without any stuttering at all.
win10
i5 3570k
rx 480 8gb with newest drivers
8gb ddr3 ram
50mbs internet and 23ms to my closest datacenter.
>>
>>168599063
Has your PC not been turned off for a long time? You should try restarting it.
>>
>>168599573
define long? it's usually already running for about 10-12h before i start playing. but i'll try restarting before i play next time. thanks!
>>
Which comes first today
>Patch notes
or
>Page 9
>>
>>168599932
I had days/weeks more in mind (I never turn off my PC for example). And sometimes it's good to give it a restart.

8GB might be a little too little nowadays and you might want to check how many programs you have on startup and running when playing the game, make sure you don't have Xbox GameDVR running in the background or any other recording program, put the game in high CPU priority, run it in fullscreen, etc.

Also make sure all your RAM is recognized by your machine, if it's improperly seated in the slots you might not be using all of it.
>>
>>168600737
A new Thread
>>
>>168593570
We've done that in the past, and I was disappointed when almost everyone was using hitscan. It soured my opinion of in-house games.
>>
File: 1465961101678.jpg (19KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1465961101678.jpg
19KB, 480x405px
>>168581252
This one seems to have minimal weeb, and only one Nightcore song, if that helps: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpp9bjK5z1eFuXEq_dEJQcuLH4raePQCB
>>
File: 1471620590283.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
1471620590283.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>match sarts
>premade against us
>all of them use the devotion
>they get their titan first, all tones and camp in the corner of the map, killing anything that remotely tries to poke them
>after 5 minuyte of this complete faggotry they win
>ez they say
>>
>>168602918
git gud
>>
>>168602918
Outplayed.

>not using Ion and Northstar to outpeek Tone users
>Not using hitscan with superior aim to beat Devotions

You had it coming
>>
>>168602117
What's the problem though, can't handle hitscan or what? It's not like there's some kind of magic rule that tells people only to use grenadier weapons or something.
>>
>>168603537
>theorycrafting
go back to /dsg/
>>
>>168603010
post k/d faggot
>>168603537
One Northstar wont turn the tides, particularly against several shields stacked....
>>
>>168603837
hitscan is boring. what the hell's the point of tryharding in a friendly tfg match.
>>
>>168603991
>theorycrafting
Ion defeats tone if played properly, you have higher burst damage and can peek them better than they peek you. You can negate all of the missile salvo damage with your shield. And returning one salvo will destroy the particle wall.

>>168604060
Either way you do realize that if they all camp in a corner you can just ignore them and go hunt Reapers and grunts all game long right?

>>168604213
I don't see how using hitscan weapons counts as tryharding.
>>
>>168604470
>I don't see how using hitscan weapons counts as tryharding.
I think you're lost, friend, this isn't RDDT.
>>
>>168604570
What? My most used weapon is the EPG, followed by the Cold War and Wingman Elite.

Not everyone is comfortable or good with grenadier weapons and using hitscan isn't exactly tryharding in a game that's 90% hitscan weapons.
>>
>>168604570

hitscan isn't tryhard.

using the OP weapons (G2/Hemlock on consoles, and Devotion) is tryhard
>>
>>168479412
SSS Rank right here. You play DMC?
>>
File: 60e.png (315KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
60e.png
315KB, 900x500px
>>168593570
luckily i'm in the eu and my ping would probably be too high so i don't have to disgrace myself
>>
>>168604470
>YEAH SURE DUDE LMAO what the point in fighting players in PVP lol
now youre embarasing yourself, the fact of th emater is, thoose fags used the cheesyest tactic known to man and they should get shit for that
>>
File: seinfeld1.jpg (32KB, 442x480px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld1.jpg
32KB, 442x480px
>>168604945
Well I'm not saying that what they did was ok, honorable or commendable, I'm just saying that if you ever come across a group of people who decide to hole up in a corner of the map and not move from there you can still win the match by killing the AI that gives as much score as pilot kills.
There is no point in bashing your head against a wall with no results, you know...

But ok, instead of learning how to play around cheesy strats you can choose to cry about it on /vg/, I'm sure that'll make the next time you have to fight against such a strat go your way...
>>
File: ugh.png (475KB, 814x720px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
475KB, 814x720px
>>168602918
>complaining about camping
>what is phase shift
It's like some of you people don't even think. The game gives you the tools right in front of you but you refuse to use them.
>>
>>168605110
Man, are you high or something ? there is no way in hell you can win a match just by farming grunts, plus I never said I smashed my head against them, I took shots whenever possible while staying safe, but go tell four [ADV] with subpar score that they need to stop engaging the ennemy.....
>>
>>168605390
>there is no way in hell you can win a match just by farming grunts
do you even play this game
>>
File: 1486766289447.jpg (153KB, 798x621px) Image search: [Google]
1486766289447.jpg
153KB, 798x621px
>>168605390
You don't farm grunts, you farm Reapers.
Reapers give +5 score for each kill, they spawn very often and are extremely easy to kill (two ion lasers or 1 ion laser crit + some rifle, fully charged Northstar shot does like 90% dmg, one tone missile salvo destroys them, Legion shreds through them).

If you have ADVs on your team and you can't carry them, you just have to accept your loss, crying about it won't change it.

Matter of fact is you could have probably ignored those Tones and killed quite a bunch of Reapers for a massive score boost. Would have probably still lost but at that point, then what difference does it make? You're just gonna get assfucked by stacks no matter what, so instead of crying about it just do your best to win. And in this scenario the best way to win was not trying to poke the holed up Tones, it was ignoring them and killing AI units.

I reiterate, +5 for each Reaper you kill, and they spawn very often and are easy to kill. One AI squad of grunts, spectres is easy +5 or +10, go figure how to win the game.
>>
>>168605368
phase shift sure is usefull against 5 titans.......
>>168605648
thanks einstein I sure forgot to atack thoose, your enlightening speech is a blesing.....
>>
>>168605853
>phase shift sure is usefull against 5 titans.......
use it before they even have the titans, retard. but hey, since you mention it, yes, just phase a ronin in the middle of their cluster and nuke them.
>>
>>168605986
>use it before they even have the titans, retard
alright have a (you)
>>
File: gassing tones.jpg (307KB, 704x904px) Image search: [Google]
gassing tones.jpg
307KB, 704x904px
>>168605853
Look man, just chill out.
>>
>>168606373
that's certainly one way to avoid admitting you're an idiot.
>>
who gives a robot titties and a human face but no ass
baka respawn
patch fuckinf when
>>
File: 1428053435740.jpg (26KB, 292x368px) Image search: [Google]
1428053435740.jpg
26KB, 292x368px
>tfw you lose a game of Attrition by 6 points because 3 (THREE) people on your team have less than 30 points
>>
File: Ouch.jpg (363KB, 1214x1239px) Image search: [Google]
Ouch.jpg
363KB, 1214x1239px
>>168605853
>jump in thread
>see this salty faggot
>>
File: toned.jpg (604KB, 1868x2123px) Image search: [Google]
toned.jpg
604KB, 1868x2123px
>>168602918
>>168604060
>>168604945
>>168605390
>>168605853
Ay yo where you goin Ronin boi?
>>
https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
>>
>>168607515
How are you going to fit robot booty on a minimalistic chassis like that?
>>
File: Gyro_Wednesday.png (54KB, 416x327px) Image search: [Google]
Gyro_Wednesday.png
54KB, 416x327px
>>168608697
>Tone and Devotion got nerfed
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-13+at+08.11.48).jpg (9KB, 489x37px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-13+at+08.11.48).jpg
9KB, 489x37px
>>168605648
>you dont farm grunts
speak for yourself
>>
File: suiting up.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
suiting up.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>168608697
>Respawn severs so bad their own website doesn't work

top zozzle
>>
AAAAAHHHHHH
https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
>>
>>168608697
>>168608996
>>168609091
completely wrong link
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update
>>
>>168608996
>new sounds for execution and map ambience
I'm not sure why these are in the patch notes, but okay.
>>
>>168609226
>holopilot being made a stronger boy
My best friend is getting an upgrade.
>>
File: IMG_6294.gif (352KB, 461x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6294.gif
352KB, 461x338px
>Scorch
>ADS'ing with his primary weapon will display the projectile's path.

OOH SHIT
>>
File: 1454280448079.webm (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454280448079.webm
728KB, 1280x720px
>>168608697
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update
>First draft of new Mixtape matchmaking/UI
>Featured Playlist - Rotating modes every week, certain modes will reward double XP
>Live Fire
>New coliseum map, new execution, new faction intros

>Improved controller mapping
>Film grain slider

>Holo Pilot is tougher and more ruse-worthy (HOLOS CAN FOOL THREAT SCOPE AND SONAR NOW)
>Prime Titans can use nose arts
>Nuke Eject no longer fills Titan meter
>Pilots can deal more crit damage to Reapers

>Tone nerfed across the board (Salvo Core, sonar, splash damage on 40mm)
>Northstar buffed (faster dash regen, no damage falloff on Flight Core)
>Ronin buffed (faster dash regen)
>Scorch can now visualize the arc on his launcher when using ADS
>Ion's Vortex Shield splash damage bug fixed

>Devotion nerfed (more recoil/kick, reduced damage at extreme distance)
>MGL nerfed (reduced projectile speed, longer fuse)
>Archer kinda buffed (improved tracking)

>Charge Rifle exploit fixed

There's a bunch more, but those are the big things that stick out to me. Take it as a tl;dr.
>>
File: 1479900751069 - Copie.jpg (290KB, 1025x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1479900751069 - Copie.jpg
290KB, 1025x1186px
>tone nerfed
>devotion nerfed
>northstar buffed
>>
>>168609903
gb2 /pol/
>>
File: 1424680185831.webm (3MB, 1075x600px) Image search: [Google]
1424680185831.webm
3MB, 1075x600px
>Holo pilot decoy can now deploy on ziplines.
>Holo pilot decoy is more resilient when stepping over things and colliding with walls at certain angles.
>Holo pilot decoy is now visible in the threat scope and sonar grenade pings.
>Holo pilot decoy no longer runs on top of dome shields.
>Holo pilot decoy no longer crashes into the ceiling and dies when running through doorways.
>Holo pilot decoy should be more resilient when started during wallruns.
ALL ABOARD THE RUSE CRUISE
>>
File: thumb's up.png (514KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
thumb's up.png
514KB, 532x582px
and now i wait for the patch to drop to pull numbers
eyes on https://github.com/Syampuuh/Titanfall2 for the interested, i'll be pushing the patch as soon as it's available so the changes are there and then also post a brief on the number changes when they're available.
the patch probably won't arrive for like a week or something at this rate but i may as well remind everyone now.
>>
File: 1487345549723.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1487345549723.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>>168609226
>Added some out of bounds triggers and props to block off areas for Crashsite and Complex.
NOOOOooooo! they fixed the shortcuts!
>>
>>168609554
But now it won't be as impressive to goose Pilots with Scorch.
>>
>>168610182
hello kishgal
>>
>>168610351
nah, he only really maintains the table
>>
File: yun GRAHHHAHHHGAGHHASGDAHHHAHHRH.png (764KB, 1200x733px) Image search: [Google]
yun GRAHHHAHHHGAGHHASGDAHHHAHHRH.png
764KB, 1200x733px
>>168610246
>everyone figuring they're intended
>even marked by decorative parachutes
>everyone thinking "maybe crash site isn't so bad and they had some ideas here"
>respawn fucks it up anyway
>>
>The verticality encourages attacks from above
The Age of the grenadier is here.

>refers to Northstar as female
perfect
>>
>>168608697
>Devotion still 3 shot at close range, potentially at mid to far range as well
>No changes to its incredibly accurate hipfire
>Hemlok untouched
>A-Wall untouched
>Minor changes to other things

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>168608697
>>168609584
sounds pretty fuckin good, maybe other modes will finally be populated now
>>
File: 1444669319340.webm (318KB, 608x360px) Image search: [Google]
1444669319340.webm
318KB, 608x360px
>MGL nerfed
In retrospect, I figured this was coming. MGL was just too good at its job and melted Titans faster than any AT weapon.
>Archer's homing "fixed [...] so it will once again track targets as expected"
Once again? Was Archer supposed to not be shit?
>>
File: respawn bugfixing.jpg (154KB, 1000x519px) Image search: [Google]
respawn bugfixing.jpg
154KB, 1000x519px
>>168610612
going full spiderman all over crashsite was its sole redeeming factor. i only knew of the shortcut thanks to shigerudigeru's grappling video
>>
>>168610246

complex confirmed for worst map in the game

crash site a very close second

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>168610832
>tone got fucked
>devotion can't snipe reliably anymore
>northstar and ronin can have 3 dashes without being penalized for it
Its quite a bit.
>>
>>168610832
>Devotion still 3 shot at close range
So can the Spitfire now. You gonna bitch about that?
>potentially at mid to far range as well
The patch notes explicitly said Devotion now has a very far range stat and will have its damage tapered at the extreme end. You can't longshot with the Devotion like you used to anymore.
>>
>Correctly grab the system voice permissions from Xbox and honor it in game.
what does this mean?
>>
>Prime Titans can now use Nose Arts.
>Reduced Salvo Core's damage.
YES

>New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros.
What does this mean?
>>
>>168611237
I think it means that whatever voice/mic rules you have set up on the XBOX itself will be represented by TF2.
>>
>>168609226

>Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter.

fucking

why

that makes it a worse normal ejection

I can understand capping it at like 50% or something

maybe the damage won't count, but kills will? idk. this seems like a bone headed move.

can someone get a dev to clarify on twitter?
>>
File: 1336104854877.jpg (20KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1336104854877.jpg
20KB, 251x251px
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

OVERCORE MAKES 30% YOUR DEFAULT STARTING AMOUNT

EVEN AFTER YOU USE SWORD CORE YOU START AT 30%, WITH A BATTERY IT'S 50%

THERE CAN BE ONLY OOOOOONNNNNEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>168611362
Nuke Eject could already kill Titans/Pilots and even wipe an enemy team if they're clustered. There's no reason you should get A FREE TITAN to replace the one you just nuked for scoring one or two Titan kills with it.

>>168611426
Yeah, nigga. If you can spare the space in your Titan, Overcore is a good option if you value your core.
>>
>>168611516

it teaches bad teams to no bunch up

no better teacher than going full nagasaki on a team's strat.
>>
>>168611596
And that's fine. But you shouldn't immediately be reimbursed with your Titan again for teaching the lesson.
>>
>>168611681

>not wanting reccuring lessons in the same match

a full team nuke eject happens maybe 1 in 50 nukes, and a (player) titan kill is maybe 1 in 3

I don't see the problem with getting titan charge back

the light titans need that ability to mitigate their lower damage in team fights/cqc anyway
>>
>>168611516
Now that Ronin can have 3 dashes without charging slower it will be a tough call, but starting at 50% is pretty great. I threw on Highlander for the memes and boy do you dash around a lot in a match. Even if I'm using temporal anomaly having Sword Core ready faster for escapes is always great, because you're right back at 30% ready to start fighting again.
>>
>>168611362
How the fuck is it worse it rapes everything close by and gives you back your titan
FOR
FREE
>>
>>168612028

WALK

AWAY

FUCKNUGGET
>>
File: gofast.png (302KB, 889x864px) Image search: [Google]
gofast.png
302KB, 889x864px
>Northstar
>Ronin
>Increased dash regen rate.
>>
>>168612028
>>
File: 1461945509360.png (324KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1461945509360.png
324KB, 720x438px
>>168612237
>>
>>168610306

Hip fire goosing will be a lot more impressive though
>>
>they actually nerfed MGL

thank fucking god
>>
>>168610306
it'll be a bit impressive because the projectile still has some travel time

maybe they should've made ADS shots reload slower, that'd still give you a good reason to never ADS and get goosin
>>
>>168612606
They kinda buffed Archer to boot. Don't forget removing the Charge Rifle exploit.
>>
>>168611889
the problem is you get a nearly full meter just from one kill.

titans are game changers and shouldnt be thrown around for free like that.
>>
>>168612753
>removing the Charge Rifle exploit.
fucking finally. they also removed the bullshit splash damage with ion. so many shitters are going to be playing like crap now that their crutches are gone
>>
>>168612770
That's the main point. Titans are much more valuable in TF2 than they were in TF1. The fact that you can sacrifice your doomed Titan, kill at least one of their Titans, and get your own Titan back immediately for an overall net gain was too much.
>>
>New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros.
wha
there are DLC commanders?
>>
>>168612858
Just means I'm swapping from vortex amp to either Grand Cannon or Entangled Energy
>>
>>168611327
>New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros

Please be Spyglass faction
>>
>>168613118
i think they mean the new animations they've made for the current ones.

so new animations and opening lines.
>>
>>168613118
We may be getting alternate faction leaders other than Briggs/Blisk/Barker/Ash/Gates/Marder.

QUICK
NAME ONE ALTERNATE FACTION LEADER FOR EACH FACTION
>>
>>168613210
V I P E R
I
P
E
R
>>
>>168613210

This>>168613291
Viper is the only one I want. Spyglass a shit and was a shit even in the first game.
>>
>>168613141
I would go for Entangled Energy, as it's one of those rare mods that, instead of buffing one ability, buffs YOUR ENTIRE KIT. As long as you have good aim with the Splitter Rifle, you're making energy back that powers the rest of your abilities. Zero-Energy Tripwire does the same thing: by making Tripwire cost zero energy, you are freeing up energy to use for the entire rest of your kit.

This is part of why Ion is so strong and capable, on top of being the most versatile and flexible Titan in the game.
>>
>>168613210

>Graves
>V I P E R
>???
>Bish
>Any of the 6-4 members
>S P Y G L A S S
>>
File: LEGO Northstar (1).jpg (489KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
LEGO Northstar (1).jpg
489KB, 1024x1536px
>Removed the damage falloff from Flight Core rockets. This should make her more consistent in dealing high damage.
there was a damage falloff?
what the fuck
that explains it I guess but still why would it ever have falloff when salvo core doesn't
>>
>>168613210
VIPER
VIPER
>>
>>168613443
>Removed the damage falloff from Salvo Core rockets.
Salvo Core had damage falloff too, apparently.
>>
>>168613428

Oh yeah that was order of

>MCOR
>Predators
>Vinson
>ACE
>6-4
>ARES
>>
>>168613398
Yep. Ion's super fun to play due to her versatility. Before this upcoming patch amped vortex outclasses the rest of her kits though just due to the insane damage it can pull. I'm glad they changed it, so now I can use any of the other kits without feeling like I gimped my (waifu) titan.
>>
>>168612770
>>168612916

>kill a single light or medium titan at full HP with nuke
>no titan back, 80% meter, maybe
>kill a heavy who walked into your nuke eject with full health who doesn't eject
>get titan back

I don't see the problem. it's a risk/retard/reward system

you risk being doomed to pull off a nuke eject on a retard who won't walk away, to get the reward of a new titan.

Guess which role people who agree with this change fall into

It's retard. you're retarded.
>>
>An elusive Nessie has still not been found…last seen in the mission Blood and Rust…
alri lads I'm off to find it
wish me luck in beating the 'ddit to it
>>
File: 1477962480767.png (156KB, 659x717px) Image search: [Google]
1477962480767.png
156KB, 659x717px
>nuclear eject no longer fills titan meter
fucking BULLSHIT
>>
>>168613708
>You have a Titan, enemy has a Titan
>You nuke eject, losing your Titan
>Enemy dies to nuke eject, losing their Titan
This is a net gain of zero, as both Titans were lost, keeping the playing field level.
>Killing with nuke eject restores your Titan, allowing you to call it back immediately
That is a net gain for you, as the enemy lost their Titan, but you still have yours (and, in fact, have a fully healed Titan).

This dynamic is exacerbated the more people you catch with your nuke eject. Removing 2-4 enemy Titans with your nuke eject is extremely beneficial by itself, as you lose one Titan while the enemy team loses 2-4 Titans in the same exchange. But if the enemy loses 2+ Titans, and you don't lose your Titan in the process, that's an extreme net gain for you.

"Nuke Eject no longer refills Titan meter" means the battlefield dynamic is more stabilized and doesn't wildly tilt the dynamic in your favor by giving you back your Titan.
>>
>>168614416
If the enemy is bad enough to get caught by a nuke eject, they deserve to be mercilessly raped by my new titan.
>>
>>168614763
>only bad players die to nuke eject
>>
File: WALK THE FUCK AWAY, RETARD.png (83KB, 442x430px) Image search: [Google]
WALK THE FUCK AWAY, RETARD.png
83KB, 442x430px
>>168614416

>You have a Titan, retard has a Titan
>You nuke eject, losing your Titan
>Retard dies to nuke eject, losing their Titan
This is a net gain of zero, as both Titans were lost, even though one of them was clearly better than the other with positioning and area denial/control.
>Killing the retard who couldn't eject/walk way with nuke eject restores your Titan, allowing you to call it back immediately
That is a net gain for you as it should be, as the enemy lost their Titan, but you still have yours (and, in fact, have a fully healed Titan because your kit provided you with ability to possibly kill a retard who doesn't understand how titans work, or wouldn't eject/walk away).

This dynamic is exacerbated the more fucking retards you catch with your nuke eject. Removing 2-4 enemy Titans with your nuke eject is extremely beneficial by itself, as you fucking destroy and style on enemy team, teaching them an important lesson on bunching up, spacing and what to do when a doomed light titan is running at you with a hard-on.

"Nuke Eject no longer refills Titan meter" means the battlefield dynamic is more slow/boring and monotonously tilts the dynamic out of your favor by not giving you back your Titan.

As an aside, while shitposting this it became clear your post literally changed options 3 times in those last two paragraphs. Please take a creative writing course or something, or just go back to school.
>>
>>168615261

no, bad players die to nuke eject often.

anyone can die to nuke eject, but only bad players will die to it more than once in a game, or more than once every few games.

Sometimes the first one catches you off-guard and indoors, but otherwise you're have to be braindead not to realize what's going on.
>>
File: 1485839136124.png (198KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485839136124.png
198KB, 600x375px
>>168615261
>he dies to nuke eject
>>
>>168615426

Or you're on crash site and your dumbfuck retarded teammates are blocking your escape route
>>
You'd think the thread would be shitposting more about the Tone and Devotion nerfs. Nah, Nuke Eject.
>>
>>168615637
it's universally agreed that they needed nerfs and these are pretty decent changes.

nuke eject was fine
>>
>>168613428
Isn't Spyglass part of the Remnant and not ARES?
>>
>>168615637
Because those were completely justified from all angles. Nuke eject is more iffy. I think its a good change but the people that religiously run Ronin/eject think they should get freebie titans for the mistakes of retards or people unlucky enough to be blocked by reapers or something.

Nuke eject would have been fine without the change, but the change is understandable at the least.
>>
>>168615719
>>168615805
What about the MGL nerf and A R C H E R B U F F?
>>
>>168615769

Both IMC

ARES is the Archaelogical Research Division of the IMC
>>
>>168615769
ARES is the IMC research division under Marder, Spyglass leads the IMC remnant fleet.
>>
>>168615914

It'd be cool if we got hammond, actually

He talks to you in the intro to Refuelling Raid so a hammond (probably his son) is still alive
>>
>>168615914
>>168615925
I thought Marder declared Spyglass and the Remnant a "rogue element" or some shit.
>>
File: file.png (36KB, 936x253px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
36KB, 936x253px
REJOICE FELLOW NUKEFAGS

~3 titan kills with pilots inside will still net you a free titan, as will minion kills.

the damage is the only thing removed.

img is source but also reddit.
>>
>>168615925

Yeah but who says Marder isn't taking orders from spyglass.

I don't really take bounty hunt as canon due to the real logical jumps you have to make
>>
>>168616096
So nuke eject can still reward you with a Titan, but only if you light up the killfeed like a Christmas tree.
>>
>>168616086
I don't think so
>>
>>168616160
Nah. The multiplayer most definitely takes place after the singleplayer campaign, so there is some amount of canon to the multiplayer.
>>
File: Pearl Harbor feat. Ronin.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl Harbor feat. Ronin.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>168616239
BANZAI!
>>
>>168616369

Half the maps take place on Typhon like Complex, Crash Site and Boomtown, MCOR can fight ACE and 6-4 and Ash's faction is said to be after the end of the game.

Doesn't really make sense
>>
>>168616498
I said SOME.
>>
File: 1484865566612.jpg (211KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1484865566612.jpg
211KB, 361x361px
>take aderall
>rape everyone
performance enhancing drugs are fun
>>
>>168616639
>Smoke DUDEWEEDLMAO for the first time in weeks
>End up breaking 200 points in Attrition

I don't know what it is about it that makes me do much better in vidya in general.
>>
>>168615906
The MGL needed a damage nerf since it melted titans like nothing else, and the archer needed a buff because it was way too easy to dodge. You literally only had to strafe a couple of steps.

>>168616096
Good, this is as it should be.
>>
>>168617561
supposedly some strains have energizing properties
Idk tho, I don't partake in the devils lettuce
>>
File: 1486095427642.gif (3MB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486095427642.gif
3MB, 249x249px
>>168608697
>Nuke eject no longer fills titan meter
Nukefags btfo
>>
>>168609226
>>168609584
>>168612126
Respawn dev on Reddit just confirmed that all Stryder-class chassis will have a 5 second dash regen regardless of how many dashes you have.

That's an enormous buff from the 8s per dash with turbo engine it was before.

Time to rub my dick all over Northstar and Ronin
>>
>>168619439
>5 second dash regen regardless of how many dashes you have.
holy fuck. that may be pushing it too far. 5 seconds WITH THREE dashes? ronins and northstars are gonna be zipping around the map like crazy
>>
File: 1436748420002.webm (386KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1436748420002.webm
386KB, 540x405px
>>168619439
>Ogres can have up to one 6s dash
>Atlases can have up to two 6s dashes
>Stryders can have up to three 5s dashes
>>
File: 1410014148786.png (374KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1410014148786.png
374KB, 414x499px
>>168619439
>3 Dashes on 5 second CD
>Phase Shift on 10 second CD

GOD I'M GONNA BE SO FAST HNNNGGGGGGGG
>>
>daily reminder that viper died because he stopped going fast
>>
So is tone useless now?
>reduced core damage
>increased pulse cooldown
>smaller projectiles

Depending on how severe these are, tone may have gone from OP to completely useless in a single patch.
>>
>>168619439
respawn doesn't even know what the fuck their doing with buffs/nerfs

>remove damage fallout of salvo core
>lower it's damage
ok that's fine, less tones is a good thing

>buff ronin dash and make a third not increase the cooldown
oh boy I can't wait to see more nuke eject ronins, as if there we're already a fucking huge amount of them
at least it doesn't fill the titan meter anymore

>devotion nerfed
great finally

>hemlok isn't touched
???
>r201 isn't touched on consoles
???
>g2 isn't touched on consoles
???
>volt is still trash
???
>spitfire doesn't do lots-o-damage to titans like it did in 1 STILL
???
>slower MLG shots with longer fuse time
I guess
>fixed archer
good

>fixed grenade indicators not showing up
now I can finally stop randomly blowing up from frags I didn't see

>scorch now shows projectile path on ADS
not the buff he needed but ok I guess

>holopilot buffs
yes please

>ions shield doesn't do splash damage with legions bullets anymore
F U C K

>northstars flight core now has no damage falloff
oh boy now I can... snipe people with it's amazing projectile flight speed

feels like the meta is going to shift from awall/devotion/tone to awall/hemlok/ronin
>>
File: 1458530744063.webm (87KB, 474x386px) Image search: [Google]
1458530744063.webm
87KB, 474x386px
>>168620726
>no changes to hemlock
>>
>>168620726
One thing at a time, nigga.
>>
>>168620726
hemlok's AA is too strong on consoles
N* needed the damage boost on flight core, and the dash buff should help with peeking shots on ronins and shit from far away
>>
>>168619658
If he had 5s dash cooldown on his Northstar he would have won
>>
File: 61141745_p0.jpg (1MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
61141745_p0.jpg
1MB, 1200x1920px
>>168620620
Respawn hasn't so far nerfed anything into uselessness. I'd imagine they brought it more in line with other titans. The smaller projectiles makes them actually have to aim to gib pilots, the less core damage brings it in line with the other titans, and the pulse cooldown forces decent timing for pulse use. They made it less braindead.

>>168620726
>oh boy I can't wait to see more nuke eject ronins
Combine the dash buff with the nuke nerf and you likely won't see any more than average.

>ions shield doesn't do splash damage
Nor should it, that was a bug and they finally fixed it.

> to awall/hemlok/ronin
Hemlok is only good on consoles because of aim assist, so it doesn't matter. Ronin won't be used any more than before, especially with the fact that you don't get a free titan every nuke eject anymore.
>>
>>168621249
Well it'll certainly be easier to destroy tones now with my Ion. Especially if I decide to use ronin.
>>
>>168621249
The only things Respawn has ever nerfed, including this patch:
>Tone (twice)
>Volt (twice)
>Devotion
>MGL
>Pilot Sentry
>>
>>168608697
>>168609226
Soi to guys using the patch, the custom mixtape. Does it exclude maps?
remov crash
>>
File: MixTapeMatchMaking_FINAL.webm (368KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
MixTapeMatchMaking_FINAL.webm
368KB, 420x236px
>>168621719
We don't know what the final version looks like, but if the prototype is any indication, it only lets you pick your modes. That said, the new Mixtape will matchmake you across all those modes simultaneously, instead of only matching through the Mixtape playlist itself.
>>
>>168621719
If you aint a fan of crash site you aint scorchin
>>
>Still no date for the patch

Holy fuck respawn
>>
>>168621879
So what is the official /tfg/ mixtape? Everything (even free-for-all)?
>>
>>168622017
...Has anyone in the thread even played FFA before?
>>
>>168622017
Probably everything except pilots v pilots
>>
>>168621879
Only Attrition, LTS, and maybe Bounty Hunt.
CTF is only good in stacks, same with Camped Hardpoint.
PvP is never good.
>>
>>168620726
>more idiot ronins trying to run up and melee me while i melt them with flame shield and scream-smash execute
sounds good to me
>>
>>168621892
My love of scorch nonwithstanding, I loathe having 90% of my matches be fucking crash site.

>>168621879
TO WHAT PURPOSE!? Why wouldn't you make map blocks? FUICK
>>
>>168622154
You mean more speedy ronins dashing around and shooting you in your fat ass and then phasing before you even know what the fuck's going on.
>>
>>168622143
FFA is that thing you want to play but nobody ever queues for. So probably not. Should be possible after this patch though.
>>
>>168622259
Never met a Ronin I couldn't melt.
>>
>>168622259
This. You think Ronin and Northstar are a pain in the dick to catch now? Just wait until the patch.
>>
>Holo pilot decoy can now deploy on ziplines.
>Holo pilot decoy is more resilient when stepping over things and colliding with walls at certain angles.
>Holo pilot decoy is now visible in the threat scope and sonar grenade pings.
>Holo pilot decoy no longer runs on top of dome shields.
>Holo pilot decoy no longer crashes into the ceiling and dies when running through doorways.
>Holo pilot decoy should be more resilient when started during wallruns.

THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I
>>
>>168622342
This. Scorch is a solid counter to ronin because scorch is a counter to anything that tries to get in close. Spicy fist is strong.
>>
>>168622342
You will soon m80.
>>
>>168622494
Is he? You'd think Ronin would escape from any Scorch traps.
>>
>>168622275
I'd play it once. I'd probably be shit, but I'd play it.
>>
>>168622494
Northstar is the counter to ronin. I'm not even a good ronin and scorch gives me no trouble
>>
>>168622851
>Northstar is the counter to ronin.
Lol wat
>>
>>168622851
This, I'd rather use sword core on a lone NS than try to fight it normallly.
>>168622935
The railgun ignores swordblock, and its knock back can keep a ronin from closing distance
>>
Eject, eject, eject
>>168623056
>>168623056
>>
>>168622935
>the railgun passes through the block
>similar speed and dashes
>fly away and drop his damage output potential
you never let the ronin get close until he is doomed or you have flightcore
>>
>>168622935
>Shots completely ignore Sword Block
>Charged shots knock titans away
>Tether Trap effectively negates Phase Dash

I'm not getting your confusion, anon
>>
File: Titan-puts-man-in-hole.jpg (245KB, 1200x683px) Image search: [Google]
Titan-puts-man-in-hole.jpg
245KB, 1200x683px
>There's a bottle of Champagne Feriechia

What did he mean by this? Is Feriechia a good champagne?
>>
>>168623536
He's drunkedly saying "For each of you"
>>
>>168622494
>>168622714
scorch is the counter to BAD ronins who try to mash melee to death. most ronins are bad.

a good ronin, who makes tons of use of the shotgun and smokes and stays at midrange, will destroy a scorch.
>>
>>168623728
This. Ronin is a hard counter to scorch, since any decent ronin player will know to stay away from the spicy finger and can easily doge gas/ thermite.
He, along with northstar are pretty hard counters.
>>
>>168619439
>ronin gets to be faster
MY DICC HAS ASCENDED INTO A NEW FORM HAHAHA! THERE WILL LITERALLY BE NOTHING TO STOP ME!!!
>>
>>168613210
Viper
>>
>>168615289
There was barely any reason to run Nuke Eject before but now there's no reason at all, except to laugh at slows.
And on top of that Ronin's dash buff means no one will be running it at all.
>>
File: 1379388521691.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1379388521691.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>168608697
My two charges of arc grenades and phase is untouched!
Thread posts: 764
Thread images: 174

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.