[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 766
Thread images: 71

File: 1487009266244.webm (2MB, 288x436px) Image search: [Google]
1487009266244.webm
2MB, 288x436px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
>>168278434
MAME IS SHIT
some group needs to fork it and make it usable.
>>
Just gonna ask here since the last thread died, but anyone recommend a JRPG or lesser known game for the PS2?
>>
>>168278434
Can melonDS be the next mGBA? Find out in ... year(s).
>>
>>168278826
Legend of Dragoon
>>
Soft-modded my Wii years back and just pulled it out of storage.

I have no clue how any of this works anymore. It doesn't seem to read any gamecube games loaded onto my USB.

sad day
>>
>>168278661
Why would someone need to fork that shit? Better create something new altogether if MAME are being hated so much.
>>
Remember to not be like byuu and make friends.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889
>>
How do I input combinations on RA? I want set "A" + "B to close RA.

>>168275494
So there's no native support? Good idea thought, think I can use DS4Windows then.
>>
Why does CEMU 1.7.1 crash every time I try to use it?

It might have to do with shader cache because every time I boot up Mario Kart 8 the first time nothing wrong happens, but after that I'm basically fucked and can't run it without it crashing

I did transfer my saved games from previous versions of CEMU

I feel like I'm the only person with this problem
>>
how well does PCSX2 OGL run on RX 480?
>>
>>168289969
Not that well, something about AMD's opengl driver being inefficient. You can still use it of course but it will be slower than its dx11 counterpart.
>>
bampu
>>
>>168282827
1,866 hours in SFM... Not hard to guess what this degenerate cooks up in it.
>>
where can i get wiiu games for cemu?
>>
>>168297439
I'm sorry, but I cannot help those who do not help themselves.
>>
File: ARMORED CORE for Answer_2.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ARMORED CORE for Answer_2.png
1MB, 1280x720px
PS3 emulation with higher resolution rendering and overclocking when?
>>
>>168300808
10 years.
>>
Melonds is amazing. I hope he implement wifi. He is only one can do that.
>>
Sunday: no drama on #retroarch
Tuesday: In 45 minutes drama about byuu, liberals, money in conspiracy theories, Disney, child peagants.
>>
>>168276489
I suggest you properly watch UC (0079, Zeta, ZZ and CCA plus the OVAs) before getting into the games, the games are not a good substitute for the TV series, OVAs and films.

>Where does one start?
See above.

>Also, will I have to play in nipponese?
No. There are some PS2 Gundam games in english. I personally love Encounters in Space (lets you play the space campaign from a lot of series, kinda play like Armored Core), Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (plays kind of like a fighting game) and MS Saga. The latter is a flawed JRPG. Some people love Zeonic Front (vaguely similar to the old Rainbow Six games, with autistic mission planning and all) for some reason.
>>
>>168305794
Reminder that @emugentxt2 is cataloguing your shitpost
>>
>>168278661
Remember when MAME actually removed code because some buttpained collector threatened them?
>>
>>168306219
Followers: 2, mum and daddy
>>
>>168306219
>literally 2 followers
stop shilling your shitty twatter account
>>
>>168278434
sad I will never get to play this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtVCvKxLJ8
>>
screencap this
>>
Vs on Puyo Puyo Tetris crashes Cemu.
>>
>>168305794
Gimme my daily IRC logs!

>>168302526
You seems so mad about byuu. What did he do to you, exactly?
>>
>>168306690
>>168306463

It's not my account
I don't even have a twitter you fags. Do you know what a bookmark is?

>>168307917
He bought and scanned all those USA games using donations from the community and what did he give back? Fucking thumbnails

Good riddance, hope SP rapes him in his sleep
>>
File: 3RNK5.gif (12KB, 499x439px) Image search: [Google]
3RNK5.gif
12KB, 499x439px
I'm trying to connect this new Xbox One pad I got over Bluetooth, but windows refuses to acknowledge it.

I've updated the controller firmware, and my Bluetooth adapter works, as I can connect my phone to my PC.

Any ideas?
>>
>Why doesn't /emugen/ like byuu?

>It's really just the same one person there sockpuppeting and pretending to be 30 different people. I am amazingly successful at attracting stalkers and serial harassers that follow me everywhere online, play out false flag operations by impersonating me being (an even bigger) jerk elsewhere, etc.

Only one person has posted today according to byuu.
>>
>>168309401
Just chiming in to say that I hate byuu too
Didn't make a byuu related post in this general yet.
>>
>>168309401
Everyone knows emugen is one person
>>
>>168309401
I don't dislike byuu, but I find him to be interesting and obtuse. I find his current predicament funny, schadenfreude and all that.
>>
>>168308059
>using donations from the community

So you donated to him and are butt-hurt because you got nothing in return? What did you expected exactly? Full-size PNGs and binary dump for every single SNES games in your mail box? Only a fool would expect anyone uploading GBs of ROMS and scanned pictures on the internet, it's all your fault for having too unrealistic expectations, weirdo.
>>
>>168307917
11:41 < larrykoubiak> well now you have Alex Jones lol XD
11:41 <@Twinaphex> Alex Jones unfortunately made a shitload of money
11:41 <@Twinaphex> off the conspiracy stuff
11:41 <@Twinaphex> I listened to him around 2007-2009
11:41 <@Twinaphex> but I tuned out afterwards
>>
>>168309401
Nobody here really likes any emudev.
>>
>>168309813
I didn't donate crap to that wanker. I know better than to give money to him. Now what, just because I didn't donate it means I can't judge him on his shitty behavior?

Besides, it's not really donations, its crowdfunding. These people pooled money towards common purpose yet what did the so called community get out of it? Fucking thumbnails! If he wants to feed his SNES obsession why doesn't he use his own damn money? Oh right he's broke.
>>
How do you add an update to a Wii U game for Cemu? The wiki says to open the rpx with the update but if you do that, Cemu can't load the game and if you try to load it after the game is running, the option becomes grayed out.

Do I simply copy and paste the update files over the the main game's files?
>>
how far does Citra emulate pokemon moon? i started it and it seems to run fine but i don't wanna get into it if it's just gonna crash midway
>>
>>168315527
>Do I simply copy and paste the update files over the the main game's files?
I think so, yes.
>>
What makes software renderers more accurate than hardware ones?
You have stuff like angrylion which is superior accuracy wise from almost any other plugin and mednafen which has a very accurate PS1 emulator despite being in development for less than any other PS1 emulators
Even in PCSX2 you have a software mode which is more accurate than the hardware one.
Why are software renderers inherently more accurate than hardware accelerated ones?

>>168315604
Its gonna crash midway so don't bother.
>>
>>168315794
Because the graphical operations that run on the GPU are much faster but don't always match those the console performed. Doing it in software means you can do it exactly as the original did it.
>>
>>168315794
>tfw found a software renderer bug in PCSX2
>tfw gregory responded once but then seemingly forgot about it
>>
>>168316960
Is it Z-fighing in Okami by any chance?
I was about to try and find the version that broke it
>>
>>168317697
Nah, this in SC3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLCaZSE9wI
>>
>>168313673
>I didn't donate crap to that wanker

Then why are you so mad and still bragging here every week or so much about it after all this time? I don't get it.

>These people pooled money towards common purpose yet what did the so called community get out of it? Fucking thumbnails!

The real question is: is there anyone who donated that felt cheated or scammed?

If not and if these people were aware from the start they weren't paying for full scans, why should we bothered that they gave him money?

I guess you are similarly mad with every popular emulation project that get donation money from end-users? What do you think about Libretro getting $1000 per month?
>>
>>168317936
>every week

I haven't been here in months m8, accept that lots of people hate that guy's attitude already.

I'm fine with libretro making their money. They're better people than Byuu can ever hope to be. Especially Maister
>>
>>168308336
Xbox controllers don't use bluetooth; if you want to use it wirelessly you need an Xbox One controller adapter.

Also, you could just plug it in with a standard USB micro B
>>
>>168318672
>I'm fine with libretro making their money.

How surprising ;-)
>>
Are there any ROM master collections kicking around? IE a large collection of ROMs for N64/SNES/NES/C64/Gameboy/Game Gear/Sega Saturn in a single download?

If not, is there anywhere else I could ask around or sites that would know of one? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>168308336
BT adapter must be 4.0 version.
>>
>>168319973
And update controller firmware with xbox app from windows store by wire.
>>
>>168319717
>If not, is there anywhere else I could ask around or sites that would know of one?
Gee, I don't know if the information might exist on the page you are currently on.
>>
>>168315794
>You have stuff like angrylion which is superior accuracy wise from almost any other plugin
Angrylion is the most accurate plugin.

>What makes software renderers more accurate than hardware ones?
Because GPUs aren't general purpose like CPUs are, so they are less flexible.
>>
can anyone add this to the op? https://discord.gg/011l9DB6qWt9B4bzO
>>
>>168323065
Why?
The answer to your question is "Yes". Anyone can add it, they'd just need to make the next OP.
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-14-snes-preservation-project-dead-after-package-lost-containing-usd10k-of-games

Those comments are fucking gold
>>
>wouldn't it have made more sense to send the ROM dumping equipment to Frankfurt, rather than sending hundreds of games to the US?
This guy has a point, right?
>>
>>168325007

But then byuu couldn't say he did it all by himself
>>
>>168324834
What the fuck....

There are already projects to dump CLEAN ROMS (without headers etc) such as ReDump, No-Intro and TruRip (some are Disc only though).

What sort of NUMPTY sends that much stuff uninsured?

What sort of NUMPTY sends that much stuff to a veritable stranger.

He could have purchased the hardware to dump the ROMS himself for the cost of ONE of these postages.

This whole thing is a candidate for the Darwin awards.
>>
>>168325345
Be careful there m8, if you point out any more retardation on their part the byuu internet defense force is gonna jump at you
>>
File: 1472371260061.jpg (36KB, 528x444px) Image search: [Google]
1472371260061.jpg
36KB, 528x444px
>>168325345
Even sending the dumping hardware over would be more safe.
>>
>>168325685
If we shitpost enough, do you think byuu will commit hari krishna?
>>
>>168319641
What's your problem? They make good shit and unlike byuu they put the money towards useful shit like buildbots that compile and test their nightlies. They take hardware donations and integrate their software with the stuff and make sure it works.

What the fuck did byuu do? Give the community as a whole a bunch of scraps in the form of thumbnails? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>168325823
Nope
>>
>>168326101
>They make good shit and unlike byuu
top kek. Why did they fork byuu's emulator instead of making their own :) ?
>>
>>168326995
https://github.com/Themaister/SSNES-core
>>
>byuu is shitting up the thread again
Pathetic.
>>
>>168326101
Reminder - they are not poor, they have cash. Even 'poor' SP or mudlord have thousands in arcade and computer stuff.

<tehcloud> I love free market capitalism
<mudlord> its wrong
<bparker_> rofl
<tehcloud> wouldn't be able to live without it in fact
<tehcloud> my entire day revolves around it
<tehcloud> I've made hundreds of thousands thanks to the stock market, so yeah...
<tehcloud> that's not honest work
<tehcloud> but it's the game everyone is playing
<bparker_> yea same here but with acquisions and selling off companies
<tehcloud> get a brokerage account as your first step
<tehcloud> once you've done that, fund it and start gambling on leveraged ETFs
<bparker_> tehcloud: when we sold our first company, I put my dividends into a CD, and the interest alone paid all my living expenses
<tehcloud> that will let you build up a solid base for real investments in dividend-yielding assets
<tehcloud> this is what I don't get about people who want to make money in emulation
<tehcloud> there is no money in emulation
<tehcloud> spend your time on the stock market if you want to get rich :p
>>
>>168306784
It's in the nointro dsiware set. If you have a hacked 3ds you can play it.
>>
>>168324834
I can't blame them for being suspicious given the information they have available to them.

I can see why they think I'm just trying to scam $7,500. They probably aren't aware that I've already spent $35,000 - $40,000 on SNES game cartridges. They don't know about the two new revisions I've found, or the three bad dumps (marked as verified) that I've found. Or the half-dozen bad dumps KingMike found already (the Japanese set will easily be the most surprising of all, as it's the least dumped.) They don't know about cartridge memory maps. They don't realize that this isn't about *me alone*, it's about me verifying others' verifications, and vice versa. They don't know that the dumping equipment is one of a kind, and exceptionally technically complicated. They think I'm handing out ROM images when I am only providing hashes. They weren't made aware that more than anything, I just want my damned package!! ;_; If someone can help me with that, then there's no need for any donations.

The only part I'm kind of tired of seeing that I think is rather foolish, is people who keep telling me to go do all the work in Germany. Like I have $2000 for the plane tickets, that I can (let alone want to) lug my computer tower and scanner with me across the ocean, and then can take two months off work while I stay in a foreign country whose language I don't speak, paying for I guess hotels every night.
>>
>>168328901
byuu would never post on 4chan, stop LARPing.
>>
>>168328901
>They think I'm handing out ROM images when I am only providing hashes
Then what's the fucking point?
>>
>>168329236
Go to nointro page and look for roms idiot.
>>
Alright lads, been having a bit of an issue with some controls.

I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller to play ePSXe games. However, it seems that the left stick doesn't quite work "hard left". That is, if I'm playing Crash Team Racing, I can't make a sharp left turn.

The problem is unique to ePSXe, and then only to certain games such as Crash Team Racing and Ape Escape.

I don't suppose anyone has any advice? I've tried reconfiguring, but that didn't get me anywhere.
>>
>>168329405
Why would I do that? There aren't any there.
Again: What's the fucking point?

>We'll preserve a list of hashes rather than the data that actually matters and allows future generations to experience these ROMS
>>
File: 1439073401085.jpg (48KB, 437x392px) Image search: [Google]
1439073401085.jpg
48KB, 437x392px
>yfw cemu will run breath of the wild in 60 fps with 4k graphics just in time for the full version of the game to come out

how bad did nintendo blow it?
>>
>>168328901

1. Nobody cares about hashes unless you got the piracy to back them up. You better shove all those proper ROMs into the pleasuredome good set if you care about the current state of affairs. What, you think you'll fix everything? Buy $40k worth of ROMs, properly dump them and give out hashes to people so they'll know their sets are shit and will continue to be shit until someone else goes the distance? Either go all the way or fuck off. Let No-Intro do their thing.

2. Where's all the technical information about the cartridges you're supposedly compiling? You want us to give a shit about your little obsession? Show us the data.

3. Where's the scans of the boxes? Nobody cares about your project if you're just gonna keep it all to yourself anyway.

4. You don't wanna spend $2k but are willing to risk other people's huge collections by using unsafe shipping? Both you and the fool who shipped your shit are at fault for being this retarded
>>
>>168325345
>There are already projects to dump CLEAN ROMS
byuu has already found two PAL games in the no-intro set that were bad dumps.
>>
Jesus christ people how fucking hard is it to dump a fucking ROM? Do you need to unleash all the four dogs of electronic engineering to do it?
>>
File: SNS-Q3-USA-box-front[1].jpg (261KB, 1000x674px) Image search: [Google]
SNS-Q3-USA-box-front[1].jpg
261KB, 1000x674px
>>168332467
>3. Where's the scans of the boxes? Nobody cares about your project if you're just gonna keep it all to yourself anyway.
https://snescentral.com/gameindex.php

>>168332679
It is a lot more complicated than you'd think.
>>
>>168332515

Which ones?
>>
File: byuuscan.jpg (103KB, 650x318px) Image search: [Google]
byuuscan.jpg
103KB, 650x318px
>>168332792
Good
>>
>>168332958
Can only remember one off the top of my head, some Spiderman game. Byuu posted the byte differences on his board.

>>168333112
Makes me kek every time I see it.
>>
can someone explain to me why byuu losing 10k worth of snes games is a bad thing?
>>
>>168333487
Some were rare and it may be hard to find replacements to dump.
They weren't his so he has to pay the guy he borrowed them off for all the ones that were lost.
>>
File: ded jim.png (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ded jim.png
21KB, 640x480px
Is there any shader that can blend vertical dithering like in Earthworm Jim? Maybe a blur shader, as every NTSC shader only blurs horizontally.
>>
>>168337815
just use the rotate option and turn your monitor on its side
>>
>>168339747
I would lose the horizontal blur...
>>
>>168329759
Open your controller and sandpaper the slots where the sticks pass through. Or use a program like joy to key.
>>
Already back to the end of page 10. Should just let it die, desu.
>>
File: Sad.gif (108KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
Sad.gif
108KB, 300x291px
>>168346254
>>
>>168327075
> 6 years ago

Unfinished crap i.e classical Retroarch state of work
>>
>>168327518
bparker and tehcloud are known mythomaniacs though, we used to make fun in their back
>>
Bumple.
Slow today. Are all the regulars out with their girlfriends?
>>
File: CoolCouple.jpg (190KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CoolCouple.jpg
190KB, 640x480px
>>168349157
>Are all the regulars out with their girlfriends?
Jup
>>
>>168349249
You make me laugh, anon.
>>
File: 1482581597829.png (845KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1482581597829.png
845KB, 960x717px
>trying to load the European version of Suikoden 1 on Mednafen with RetroArch
>can only find .bin with no .cue
>no worries, create the .cue myself
>Mednafen refuses to load the game
I checked the .cue from the American version of the game, it's just the usual single-track file.
Can a European version of the game require different .cue or something? I don't know what else could be wrong

>why not just play American version
I want to transfer saves into the second game after beating this one, and you need save files from the same region to do it. European version of Suikoden 2 has plenty of bug fixes and improvements over the American one.
>>
>>168350065
>European version has bugfixes
Good to know. Can't help with your cue problem though.
>>
>>168350065
beetle-psx can't run PAL games
>>
>>168350065
Well fuck my ass, nevermind
It wasn't a .cue issue, it was a broken european BIOS (scph5502) in the system folder, I just had no idea it was broken because I only happened to launch american releases before
The BIOS files from here work fine http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56
>>
>>168350065
Check your BIOS (there was a bad PAL PS1 BIOS floating around for awhile).
>>
>>168350746
Nah, that's saturn.
>>
>>168350065
>>168350159
Apparently the PAL version runs at 50Hz but in game timers don't change, which makes one big side quest with a character called Clive much harder.
>>
Playing Gran Turismo 4 in PCSX2 hardware mode causes freezes, is that a known problem with the emu or a problem on my side?
>>
Is it possible to tilt in Citra?
>>
Citra is trash, so of course not.
>>
It's true that Byuu lost an entire SNES collection? kek
>>
>>168353904
He got it but pretends he didn't so he can start a fundraiser
>>
>>168353904
100 PAL games got lost in the mail.
>>
>>168354169
>>168354232
kek, this even become a news on a brazilian website I browse.
>>
>>168282827
>1,866 hours in Source Filmmaker
I bet he is making porn
>>
>>168353345
Yes, right click hold on the touch screen.
>>
File: insecure furry exposed.jpg (242KB, 624x2038px) Image search: [Google]
insecure furry exposed.jpg
242KB, 624x2038px
>>168354880
he is
>>
File: yellowfacememe.png (187KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
yellowfacememe.png
187KB, 327x316px
>>168355498
KEK
>>
>>168355498
How someone "can't code for shit" and still develop the most accurate SNES emulator around?
>>
Can I set emulator settings to default? I was fucking around with configurations for Katamari and now I'm failing to create master voice. Changing back audio settings doesn't work.
>>
>>168356361
Delete the ini file(s) and it should create new ones with default settings.
>>
>>168356489
Will this mess with anything in Spectabis? Sorry I'm pretty shit with this stuff.
>>
>>168356489
>>168356537
Well, that worked. Thanks man, wasn't expecting a fast reply since this general moves pretty slowly.
>>
>>168356049
>How someone "can't code for shit" and still develop the most accurate SNES emulator around?
They're obviously just talking trash. I don't think byuu is some coding genius, but he has some skills. People tend to exaggerate in a negative way, when talking about other people they dislike.
>>
>>168325171
If byuu was serious about preservation, he wouldn't be insisting on doing it by himself. This is really about his ego and his autism about "consistency" more than anything else.
>>
>>168328901
>!5rt8Lm5iIs

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/tripcode/%215rt8Lm5iIs/

Nice try, Fake Mudlord.
>>
>>168358250
You know, byuu will probably take that as proof that mudlord is impersonating him, regardless if it's the real mudlord or not.
>>
>>168356049
>the_randomizer
>coding any emulator

What universe are you from?
>>
>have to fake my ratio on pleasuredome because there's no all in one torrent for the newest no-intro sets
mother FUCKER
>>
>>168357747
>> The goal I set out to do was get a 100% complete game set dumped and verified by me. Obviously I would never get all cart revisions.

>>I don't think it's enough for preservation, either. I want the whole set dumped again by someone else very trustworthy. And then by a third person. And as many times over as we can after that.

Byuu on reddit. I hope you feel stupid now.
>>
>>168359660
Why wait until he does the whole set? He should be getting others dumping them NOW, especially with the US set. And others could be dumping the EU games while he is still in the process of obtaining them.
>>
>>168346524
Aren't all emulators "unfinished" by definition?
>>
>>168360151
No one is stopping you, or anyone else from buying set and dumping it, anon. Will you start today?
>>
File: 1486488551741.jpg (8KB, 235x211px) Image search: [Google]
1486488551741.jpg
8KB, 235x211px
>>168355498
>god forbid if you molest those foxes
>>
PSXfin main window isn't appearing even though I can see and hear it when I mouse over it in the taskbar.
>>
>>168364754
Shift+right click>Move
>>
>>168364754
Why are you using PSXfin?
>>
File: 1486794334284.jpg (128KB, 571x457px) Image search: [Google]
1486794334284.jpg
128KB, 571x457px
Can the WiiU output 240p like the Wii could? I would assume so since it can still play VC games in Wii mode, but I can't find concrete info. I'd like use it with a HDMI to AV converter to replace my Wii as an emulator box for my CRT.
>>
>>168366781
It still has Nintendo's AV out plug for analog signals so probably, at least in vWii
>>
>>168317847
>>168366781
>I'd like use it with a HDMI to AV converter to replace my Wii as an emulator box for my CRT.
You can use your Wii AV cables without any issues, component will output 1080i by default though.
>>
>>168367143
Oh wow I'm retarded. I own the thing and hadn't noticed it still has native analog out. So can things like RA and Genesis GX Plus be used on the it?
>>
Any ds fag here? Am planning on playing pokemon game for the very first time, did some research. What's so special about pokemon sun and moon? How classic is the game compared to other pokemon games? Should I go with it? Don't wanna waste space downloading all sort of pokemon games.
>>
>>168368541
>I did some research
Not much then, because if you had you wouldn't be asking if a game that came out late last year is "classic".

I also reccomend you play HeartGold/Soulsilver.
>>
>>168368541
You don't move on a grid, so it's definitely the opposite of classic

>>168368757
>I also recommend you play some shitty remakes
kys
>>
>>168343179
I can't imagine it's a hardware problem, since I use the controller for 80% of my games and the majority are okay. I'll look into the program you mentioned though, thanks.
>>
>>168367454
Pretty sure RA can be used on vWii and as WiiU homebrew, but idk if it can output 240p like that.

Just fucking try it if you already own one.
>>
bampu
>>
looking for a free nesbbs account so that I can steal shit from their ROM repository without an invite
>>
>>168365095

Doesn't do anything. I'm thinking I resized it somehow. When I shift+right click the window and maximize it, it appears as if nothing was wrong.

>>168365249
Believe me, if there was anything I couldn't emulate, I'd rather have a physical copy.

Like the copy of The Misadventures of Tron Bonne I still have after over 16 years
>>
>>168380237
Try win+shift+arrow
>>
How did the usps fail byuu so spectacularly in his quest for the ultimate PAL set?
>>
>retroarch has a server browser now

well that's kind of neat i guess. too bad it still refuses to scan my mame set.
>>
>>168366781
>>168367143

WiiU AV chip does not output 240p, sorry

Not sure what it defaults to when vWii homebrew select 240p, probably upscaled 480p.
>>
>>168358670
byuu thinks every single person, *ever*, on 4chan is mudlord, and same for #retroarch, since its impossible for anyone else to dislike him apparently.
>>
File: byuuuuuu.jpg (489KB, 1248x1992px) Image search: [Google]
byuuuuuu.jpg
489KB, 1248x1992px
https://youtu.be/d14KlvNyR2M?t=8m32s
"The amateur archivist named Byuu... Bye-youu...Byuuuuuu~... -It's an internet name I can't pronounce it- tried to get help on Reddit to track the package down but had no luck."
>>
File: byuudrama.png (310KB, 1376x919px) Image search: [Google]
byuudrama.png
310KB, 1376x919px
>>168391524
The Know turned into /emugen/.
>>
File: 1486623945938.gif (2MB, 498x410px) Image search: [Google]
1486623945938.gif
2MB, 498x410px
>wasting your time emulating video games
>when you could be emulating the cure to cancer

I am disappoint
>>
>>168392961
But anon, If we wanted to cure cancer then we'd have to kill you.
>>
So which RA cores natively support VulKan?
>>
>>168289073
create said cache from scratch, used to have that issue with previous iterations, so much for transferable cache
>>
>>168308336
you can't use normal a bluetooth for that, you need to get an xbox pc usb wireless adapter, it's 5 bucks in amazon for a cheap knock off or 15 bucks for the real thing, I have a cheap knock off and it works great
>>
>>168351945
It has random VRAM spikes so yeah its a known issue.
>>
>>168394268
Don't know what is he trying to get by coming to emulation thread on video games board just to post that shitty post. Attention, I guess.

Anyway, any of you anon know how ChelpuS look like? I mean is he a man or a team? You know, the creator of "LP".
>>
>>168380237
That does not answer my question.
>>
>>168371007
>I can't imagine it's a hardware problem
It very likely is as that shit impedes the stick from traveling all the way.
>>
>>168330049
>>yfw cemu will run breath of the wild in 60 fps with 4k graphics just in time for the full version of the game to come out

Literally this

I am so hard

I can't wait to be disappointed FOR FREE @ 4K
>>
File: mrio.jpg (7KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
mrio.jpg
7KB, 158x153px
>>168355498
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>168404658
Are we actually on-track for this shit though, for real? It still seems a bit like a pipe dream.
>>
>>168405874
lolnope
>>
>>168368541
Like that one anon said, heartgold is good for newbies. You can try black/white as well.
>>
>>168368541
Pokemon is only good if its portable
I think pokemon crystal for GBC holds up pretty well but that could be nostalgia talking.
>>
>>168405408
>OLD SHIT

Fixed it for you
>>
>tfw emulating BotW in 4k@60fps on launch day for free
>>
File: smug emudev.jpg (145KB, 924x888px) Image search: [Google]
smug emudev.jpg
145KB, 924x888px
>>168355498
>Why are you on Rule 34 anyways?
>>
So, what did the German guy who lost his collection have to say about byuu's fuckup?
>>
>>168419514
He posted on byuus forum. His username is smarthuman.
>>
http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/mameover.htm

Do you agree?
>>
>>168420463
Yes.
>>
>>168420463
That text is from 2005. No one cared.
>>
Anyone know how to get rid of the crackly audio in Suikoden Tierkreis on Desmume? I've tried fiddling with all of the settings.

Google isn't giving me anything useful.
>>
>>168423629
What framerate are you running it at?
>>
>Playing Timesplitters: FP on Dolphin
>suddenly game starts to chug at around 57fps f
>not SC stuttering since it stays that way for a full minute
>fuck around with pretty much everything for half an hour with no success
>wipe the shader cache in a last ditch attempt
>problem fixed
Just dolphin things
At-least I didn't have any issue playing TS2
>>
>>168421140
>12 years later, MAME still runs 3D games like shit
Really makes you think
>>
Why the fuck does Gran Turismo 4 have worse quality of life features than GT2? For example GT2 had a pretty clear RPM chart with grid, GT4 doesn't have it. GT2 allowed you to make trial runs from within an event, GT4 doesn't. GT2 had demonstration videos for the licenses, in GT4 they don't fucking work.
>>
>>168428605
playing gt4 in pcsx2 is a meme. There's no deinterlacing option that works decently for it.
>>
>>168396972
Mednafen-beetle-psx is the only one I've found that doesn't stutter constantly. Maybe the saturn core and N64 cores work fine too.
>>
>>168428605
>GT2 allowed you to make trial runs from within an event, GT4 doesn't.
>Qualifications don't exist

>GT2 had demonstration videos for the licenses, in GT4 they don't fucking work.
>emulation specific bugs are representative of what the game does

>>168428823
Game supports 480p output, deinterlacing is irrelevant.
>>
>>168428823
There's 480p mode which helps a bit. It'd be fucking grand if the game properly worked on HW mode with no random freezes that require you to reboot the PC.

Also if it weren't for the fucking noise I'd just play Forza Motorsport on my 360.
>>
>>168429030
Please point out where qualifications/practice runs are in GT4, because I sure as fuck don't see those options from within races, only A-spec, B-spec, car tuning, game options and leave.
>>
>>168429218
>Please point out where qualifications/practice runs are in GT4,
Well fuck me it's only available on some races which is pretty retarded.
>>
File: FrankenPC.png (59KB, 674x532px) Image search: [Google]
FrankenPC.png
59KB, 674x532px
Hello everyone, thanks in advance for any help.

I was interested in playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin, first time using Dolphin though. My performance is honestly much worse than I expected, dropping to 1-10FPS in the first minute or so of gameplay. I've tried a number of different setting changes people have recommended and I'm not getting much better performance.

Instead of asking people to hold my hand through the process, I'd appreciate knowing if the problem is me, so I'm attaching a screenshot of my PC build. I know it's a clusterfuck, but I can emulate PS2 perfectly and I've been able to play modern games on it with no problems. Is Dolphin not a promising prospect on my current PC or is it doable?
>>
>>168434738
Is your CPU OC'ed?
Even so it shouldn't drop that badly, unless you're mistaking shader cache stutter for actual slowdown (doubt it but you never know)
If you play the same area / cutscene / effect twice do you still get that slowdown? if not then it's working as intended, if you still have slowdown then something is very wrong

You build is more than adequate to handle Dolphin I'd say.
>>
19:29 -!- Alcaro <~alcaro@*.com> has quit (Quit: exit(0))

That happened week ago. Fucks given by his 'friends' from channel: 0
>>
>>168435403
Nah it's not OC'ed. I think I'll be stuck with it for a while (despite its age), so I'm trying not to push it too hard.

That's a fair point, I usually just tend to quit out when I see it acting so slowly. It's a very noticeable drop in frames though and I doubted the game would've been tolerable. I deleted the ISO because I'd just accepted my fate, but I'm re-downloading it now to test it out.
>>
File: 1449590244973.gif (348KB, 240x155px) Image search: [Google]
1449590244973.gif
348KB, 240x155px
>>168436024
#retroarch has no friends. only interests.
>>
>>168436175
Get an aftermarket cooler and OC it.
>>
So it's normal for emulators to get slower with newer versions, since there's more stuff to emulate that the devs figured out, so how do you explain emulators sometimes getting much faster with newer versions?
>>
>>168440017
Better code and optimisations.
>>
>>168440017
When you do something the first time, you don't always do it the most efficient way.
>>
>>168440207
I do.
>>
>>168436175
Just did more testing there now, and it turns out you were right. I played for a couple of combat sequences and 98% of the time it's fine, but then someone will do a new move and it will momentarily just give up, but then it's back in action a little bit later.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>168440986
You could use ishiruka to get rid of stutter. Makes things take longer to load or something though.
>>
can you use ROMhacks on decrypted 3DS ROMs? Shit like Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire

also where are people getting save files for Pokemon ORAS on Citra? I swear I've tried many files but the game will never start.
I'm on Citra bleeding edge.
>>
>>168441347
>Citra
>>
>>168442560
what about it? I played Link Between Worlds entirely on it
>>
>>168442640
there are needles in your eyes and your pants are n fire senior long wooden nose.
>>
>>168441347
Yes.
>also where are people getting save files for Pokemon ORAS on Citra?
Check random youtube videos.
>>
>>168442640
It's Indonesian for "image".
>>
how do I delete the rom lists in retroarch
>>
>>168455235
That's also something I want to know. I can delete single roms but not an entire set.

Also, how do I scan my MAME set?
>>
>>168278434
What does the blue status (ingame) mean for the Citra compatibility list and how does it differ from the green status (playable)?
>>
>>168457078
Same shit as with "playable" for and "in game" for PCSX2 I guess.
>>
>>168458013
I've never bothered with PCSX2, so what does it mean?
>>
>>168458251
Playable usually means that you can beat the game.
In game means something prevents you from properly playing it. For example collision detection that doesn't work and that makes so that you can't hit enemies as a result.

>I've never bothered with PCSX2
Why?
>>
>>168458752
Haven't gotten around to it yet. So many emulators and games, so little time.
>>
>>168350065
Bud you should know there's a community created bugfix patch for the us version of suikoden 2. It fixes more stuff than even the pal version. Just Google suikosource bug fix patch.
>>
PCSX2 not being shit when?
>>
>>168463323
When you get to it.
>>
>>168329405
No-intro dumps tend to get released quietly through back channels. byuu's dumps don't get released at all since he is the only one doing it.
>>
Is RA the only "emulator" that allows for multiple input? I want to use Dolphin GameCube player 1 with both my keyboard and my controller, but it seems it's either one or the other.
>>
>>168424638
60/30

It's just the voices that are crackly. Everything else is fine.
>>
>>168329956
He's going to release the roms, or at least fill in the gaps/replace the corrupted roms in the nointo set. He's just doing it quietly, through back channels. I don't get why that's so hard for you faggots to understand.
>>
can angrylion be run at full speed yet?
>>
>>168466420

you should be able to add multiple bindings to one thing by right clicking on them in the controller config menu
>>
>>168467475
indeed! thanks
>>
>>168466892
Take a pic of your sound settings screen.
>>
help. I'm trying to build retroarch with vulkan support on archlinux but it's not detecting it in the configure script. I installed vulkan-intel and vulkan-headers but it still is not detected.
>>
>>168469809
nvermind I needed vulkan-icd-loader
>>
>>168467280
If you have a top of the line CPU with OC capabilities yeah
>>
File: desmumesound.png (15KB, 583x307px) Image search: [Google]
desmumesound.png
15KB, 583x307px
>>168468413
>>
>>168327518
>Reminder - they are not poor, they have cash. Even 'poor' SP or mudlord have thousands in arcade and computer stuff.

Elaborate. How do I have thousands in arcade and computer stuff?
>>
>>168470953
I just downloaded it and yeah, it's got crackling that doesn't go away no matter the settings. Try reporting it to them, I guess?

I doubt you're going to get much help, though. This seems to be a long standing issue that they don't care about:
https://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=4265
>>
Can't wait till DeSmeMe is disrecommended.
>>
>>168473782
The day can't come soon enough. It's a shame that exophase is too much of a turbokike to put out a pc version of drastic.
>>
File: 180px-PMLuigiAlt.png (31KB, 180x225px) Image search: [Google]
180px-PMLuigiAlt.png
31KB, 180x225px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5uckkd/100_snes_pal_game_shipment_update_package_was/

Looks like byuu's SNES shipment was stolen.
>>
Well, at least it wasn't the guys whole collection. On his forum, byuu said they were originally planning on doing all 400 at once.
>>
you wouldn't emulate a gf
>>
>>168474271
https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1527&start=50#p37992

Shit just got real
>>
So fucking dead.
>>
>byuu is considering legal action against USPS
gofundme incoming
>>
>>168483735
He started a patreon
>>
Guy who was binging on Armored Core earlier. Turns out setting Dpad buttons to the analog stick and widening the horizontal dead zone works perfectly.

For a multiplat question, what platform of Dark Alliance 1 should I emulate for? Don't know if either Dolphin or PCSX2 is the best choice.
>>
>ikilledtupac accusing byuu of fraud

Wew lad
>>
>>168483942
You want to emulate BG:DA on Dolphin it runs absolutely horrendously on PCSX2 and while it still requires a decent rig to run well in dolphin it's nowhere near as bad as PCSX2 (4690k @ 4.5Ghz and can't run fullspeed everywhere and yes it's CPU limited not GPU limited).
>>
>>168484729
Got it. Got an i5-3400 (3.4 Ghz) and I've easily been able to emulate and play any game i've come across. Does Dark Alliance 2 at least work well on PCSX2?
>>
>>168485064
>Does Dark Alliance 2 at least work well on PCSX2?
It does kinda, I don't think there's anything gamebreaking but it runs slow, things might have gotten a tiny bit better since but I wouldn't expect miracles.
>>
>>168481151
what a strange world we live in
>>
>>168485064
>>168485339
I tried it ~3 months ago and there were still tons of visual bugs. First one doesn't work for me either on PS2, but does on dolphin (although the game is extremely dark on gamecube to me).

If you can't get it working within 5 or 10 minutes I'd give up for now.

Hopefully it works someday because its a great game.
>>
File: 9lbMlpn.png (16KB, 1404x147px) Image search: [Google]
9lbMlpn.png
16KB, 1404x147px
wew
>>
>>168486332
The native scaling for Direct3d11 and OpenGL actually doesn't do the half screen glitch anymore.
>>
>>168486752
Other visual bugs, that glitch has been fixed for awhile
>>
>>168479648
love plus!
>>
>>168474271
>>168481151

So, which one of you anons stole it?
>>
Is there a compatibility list for mednafen saturn?
>>
>>168494296
Look at the forums
There is a list of games which don't work correctly.
Super Tempo still doesn't work
>>
>>168494476
Thanks.
>>
>>168486385
He's getting social welfare so the value of the games must be kept secret....also he lied to customs duty about the true value of the games to save shipment money.
>>
Mednafen XBox out yet?
>>
I have an old PSP and DSLite. Which one would be better for portable emulation? I'm mostly looking to play GB/SNES/Genesis games.
>>
>>168494886
Recipe for disaster in the making. "Mainstream" tech media is getting all over this now, won't look good once they realize the German had been fiddling with the numbers.
>>
>>168496287
Do you have an android smartphone?
It'd be better for portable emulation than any of those two.
Out of those two, go with a PSP.
>>
>>168494886
>welfare leech reeling back from what karma is dishing out
This whole thing just got even better.
>>
>>168497153
I'm looking for something with buttons to be honest. I don't fancy using a touch screen. Also battery life is a concern.
>>
File: 1487066782765.png (124KB, 310x316px) Image search: [Google]
1487066782765.png
124KB, 310x316px
Portalroms is legit right?
>>
>>168497367
well if you don't mind spending the money there are controllers available for them
otherwise stick to PSP
>>
>scraping 44 thousand roms
>started 5 hours ago
>still going

F U C K
M E
>>
>>168497858
and I'm still missing MAME ROMs, CHDs, Dreamcast games, Saturn games, Sega CD games and PS1
>>
What all games run well on CEMU?
Is it basically just MK8 right now?
>>
>>168483735
LOL

They lied about the value of the games for cheaper shipping and so the owner of the carts wont risk losing his autism bux.
Apparently they didn't get the memo that if you try to cheese the system you waive you right to QQ about it if shit goes south.

First of all why the FUCK would cheap out on shipping a large volume games worth 10,000? Yeah I get doing it to one off packages everyone does that at some point but a 10K collection, really? Also Did they not think that a large package with a low declared value literally screams STEAL ME STEAL ME to the underpaid warehouse monkeys? Even if they get caught they can only legally be charged for stealing whatever bullshit value it was declared as. Same if byuu wins his court case, the declared value of the package is now what it was worth regardless what was really inside.

Anon was right this is Darwin awards tier. At first I felt really bad but it seems they had it coming.
>>
>>168498560
You REALLY seem retarded, am I right?
>>
>>168498656
Why?
>>
File: 1485436370050.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1485436370050.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
Anons help, I got the CEMU emulator, got the Mario 3D world rom, also got the right keys and emulator crashes whenever I try to load the game. Specs are i5 3470, r9 270x, 8gbs of ram.
>>
>>168498715
>r9 270x
lol
>>
>>168466420
Pretty sure that PCSX2 can also do it.
>>
>>168498715
>Amd
>>
>>168497617
I might give that some consideration actually. thanks for the help
>>
>>168498656
If he was retarded he could have been collecting welfare to build up his gaming collection.
>>
>>168471754
You had a pretty long list on your steam profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mudlord

Top Intel CPU, SSD, few overpriced gaming mouses, overpriced gaming headset, overpriced gaming keyboard, etc. List was like 20 positions long, all from welfare money. Why you hid it?
>>
>>168501765
>all from welfare money
>tfw all emudevs are welfare leeches while you work your ass off and pay your taxes
Next time some faggot comes asking for sympathy I'll mail him a fucking glock to end it swiftly.
>>
>>168501765
Oh, from your blog, August 2016, new Nvidia GPU, December, "Main thing is the SteelSeries Apex 300 gaming keyboard, Rapoo V12 gaming mouse and Razer Vespula mouse pad."
>>
File: qqUD2Mc.jpg (20KB, 397x295px) Image search: [Google]
qqUD2Mc.jpg
20KB, 397x295px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5tttxu/the_snes_preservation_project_is_dead/ddt82vr/?context=3

>I just read the German guy lied to get over the customs and German law regulating the labour market. In other words, you two broke the law - in both Germany and US, but now that the system fucked you both over, instead of you two fucking over the system, the public is supposed to pay you back!? This is INSANE. Theft is a disgusting crime, but so is lying in the official documents that go through post and customs, not to mention some elaborate German government's agenda regarding labour market.

>You brought this upon yourselves! DON'T ASK THE PUBLIC TO PAY YOU BACK.
>>
>>168503006
>he is actually upvoted with no negative comments
When the fuck did reddit became anti criminal/welfare leeches?
>>
File: Persona 4.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Persona 4.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>168278434
Hey /emugen/, I do apologize if this questions comes in frequently, but I wasn't able to find anything in the wikis.

Emulating Persona 4 on PCSX2 1.4.0 with default GS settings. Everything looks fine except for the text (pic related). Never had that problem with Persona 3. I think it might be caused by the widescreen patch somehow, but I'm not sure. Is there a way to fix this?

I would buy the game for PS3, but Atlus decided that they don't want my Euros.
>>
>>168507084
Its caused by the widescreen patch
>>
>>168507348
So there is no way to fix it except playing without the patch?
>>
>>168507516
yeah
>>
>>168507671
Bummer. Well I'll have to get used to it then.

Anyway, thanks.
>>
Japanese XBX https://mega.nz/#F!pcZgTDoS!MATrWT7hATiAtNa3UZ5itA keeps crashing on New Game in Cemu. Undubbed US version works fine but I need to at least get past character creation in the JP one for the chest slider and extra voices.
Please help.
>>
>>168503006
>I just read the German guy lied to get over the customs and German law regulating the labour market
Where did he read that? I want to see this too.

>the public is supposed to pay you back!?
That's not even what's going on though??? It's a patreon, if people WANT to donate they can. This is sounds like how some /pol/shits were screaming about how Bernie Sanders didn't give back the money that was DONATED to his campaign.
>>
>>168508810
The German donor is lying to Arbeitsamt, the German welfare service. He can't have so many expensive SNES games if he's taking money from Arbeitsamt, so he lies about that. That's why he was trying to fool the post and customs. That's why the insurance was 10 times lower than the worth of those games.

They didn't copy those games in Germany because byuu won't send his equipment there nor does he want to go there himself.

byuu is a spoiled guy with OCD and people are just paying for his vanity at this point.
>>
>>168508810

The poorfag couldn't even package it properly apparently, LOL.

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1527&start=60

"If someone wants to give the media an update please say, that I am not allowed to have so much valuable items because Harz 4. therefor I lied about the value also because of the Zoll."

"byuu: Please be careful with this. There are really hateful people out there who will attack you for saying this."

Lulz, the cracks are already beginning to show.

Smarthuman:

"First of all thank you for your thank you s.

I am happy, that this story is going public. These comments don´t bother me that much, I just wanted to explain, what I did an why I did it this way.

I didn´t insured the full price, since I can get in trouble for having this much stuff, with so much value.
But if the Arbeitsamt (Welfare service), wants to make trouble, they would get critizised by the media too. This way, we could get one step closer to basic income.

So this small mistake from usps, could make the world a better place."

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1527&start=30

Yeah right dude, because you scammed the German welfare system and scammed the postal service, you will get 'basic income'. Just takes a bit of social media heckling but that's going to do it :P
>>
>>168508810
No refunds.
>>
>>168485064
Same person. Dark Alliance runs well yet has slowdowns in big rooms, especially with enemies. Looked at older things and found that people with weaker CPUs and specs ran the game well.

Using the 5.0 release build. Should I use the latest dev build or am I stuck with my CPU?
>>
>using tax payer money to fund your shitty PAL collection
>>
>>168509098

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1527&start=40

"byuu: I never put blame on Smarthuman. This was absolutely not his fault at all.

**I** am the one who suggested 100 games per shipment to reduce shipping costs. I thought that was a good amortization of risk (instead of sending all 400 at once), but failed to account for the fact that replacing even 100 games would be a real challenge. I honestly didn't think they'd lose the package with all the insurance we did buy.

I should have said 50 games at a time. As both Smarthuman and I have explained already, there were reasons we couldn't just drop $10,000 of insurance on the package.

This is entirely my fault. All Smarthuman did was trust me with a huge amount of his valuable games. And no matter what, I will get them all back to him, even if I have to rebuy each and every one of them myself."

What a good human being you are, byuu. So it was your idea to game the system, but when the system 'games you', you get all mad and start acting like a child, threatening with lawsuits and begging people to give you all your cash back.

Child.

I think some people should contact some of these mainstream gaming news sites that carried this article and demand they look at this critically, they are not doing their jobs properly as journalists and they are placing the blame solely on USPS when byuu and the donor are hardly innocent.
>>
>>168509192
Try the latest dev build or try the PS2 release of the game. You could also try older builds of the emulator.
Dolphin is really iffy about optimization if the game isn't a Mario or a Zelda.
>>
>>168509429
Thanks. Just feels odd seeing people with lower specs on the wiki get better framerates. I know it isn't the best, but an i5-3400 should be able to emulate GC games just dandy.
>>
>>168509267

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1527&start=60

Smarthuman:

"I am so utterly utterly sorry if this mistake, putting paper around the box, caused all of the games to get lost.
The deutsche post never told US that.
But in the inside are two, taped together, cartons from USPs, with both adresses on theme, and the paper from the Zoll had a list of every game in the box."

So apparently the German dude doesn't rule out the possibility he didn't package the shit properly.

But hey, don't let that get in the way of blaming the USPS for stealing your package and all this shit, eh byuu?

Seems more like two fuckup manchildren who couldn't get their shit together.
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230405097&postcount=311

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230405136&postcount=312

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230405298&postcount=315

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230410833&postcount=354

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230426461&postcount=366

> TFW even Neogaf is onto your shit
> Literally only koolaid drinkers want to drink byuu's BS anymore
>>
>>168509098
>>168509267
>>168510110
Daniel please go away
>>
>>168455235
>>168455506
iirc they're just files in the "playlists" folder, just delete them
>>
>>168510963

Yeahyeah, everybody who is onto the BS is SP/Twinaphex. Good demonization/propaganda (are you byuu perchance?). I think your boy just made a classic mistake by making the BS too obvious.
>>
hello, i want to play gamecube games on my wii
I can aready play the downloaded wii games how will i do game cube
>>
https://twitter.com/sadder_than_you/status/831969176931688453

https://twitter.com/sadder_than_you/status/832129609718194176

https://twitter.com/sadder_than_you/status/832129819689222144

https://twitter.com/sadder_than_you/status/832131530310942720

https://twitter.com/sadder_than_you/status/832137849449357312

https://twitter.com/sadder_than_you/status/832251585770176513
>>
>>168511516
If you want to shit on how much of a subhuman byuu and his cohorts are start by not using a subhuman method of communication like shitter.
>>
I know it's probably quite easy to emulate Yakuza 1 /2 on PCSX2, but it is possible to run 3/4 on a ps3 emulator? I've never found a good ps3 emulator.

Also I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVz4u9aZDPk Which is Yakuza 2 HD running on PSX2, but it's a Japan exclusive HD remake for the PS3 running on a PS2 emulator? I'm assuming this is a fan patch translation or something?
>>
>>168515605
>, but it is possible to run 3/4 on a ps3 emulator?
No, not in any playable way anyway.
>>
>>168515605
>but it is possible to run 3/4 on a ps3 emulator
Not yet

>Which is Yakuza 2 HD running on PSX2
That is just plain old Yakuza 2 running on PCSX2 with the internal resolution raised and a widescreen patch applied.
>>
>byuu not providing his dumps
what kind of idiot publicly announces they're distributing pirated software?
please, stfu. People support him because of what he's openly permitted and does do.
I happen to know for a fact that some of his dumps made it into the scene here
>>
File: 1469898399221.png (162KB, 420x514px) Image search: [Google]
1469898399221.png
162KB, 420x514px
>>168516570
>>
>>168515831
>No, not in any playable way anyway.
>Not yet

Dang. I'm certain my machine would be good enough to run it if the software was available. I just really wanna play the yakuza games but I don't wanna have to buy a ps3/4 just for like, 3 games. I wish they'd announce PC ports already. They've gotta have HD remakes in the works for PC.

Also thanks
>>168516361
I thought someone had fanslated 2 or something, it was driving me nuts trying to find it.
>>
>>168516570
>I happen to know for a fact that some of his dumps made it into the scene here
And what is the worth of your empty words?
>>
>>168516570
>I happen to know for a fact that some of his dumps made it into the scene here

I happen to know for a fact that while his dumps may be released I keep my rom dumps of rare shit private because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>168518113
>empty words
just in case you're SP: fuck off cupcake
>>
Is there something like launchbox without focus on emulators and just the game covers and the details? I want to visualize my backloggery library with game covers.
>>
Why the hell do you have to login for all those archive rom sets? And what does the no intro collection FIXED mean? Roms added that were missing?
>>
>>168518425
advanced emulator launcher for kodi can scrape, but launchbox really goes the extra mile for that stuff.
>>
>>168518584
Launchbox is ok, it's just annoying that it asks me to link emulators everytime I add a game. Pretty shitty that almost all features are locked behind a paywall too.
>>
>>168518739
>all features
all the functionality of lb is free, but the nice couch-friendly stuff isnt.

someone....cough, fucklord, cough....should crack it.
>>
>>168518739
Just add one fake emulator.
>>
>Playing some Timesplitters in PCSX2
>game is reported as being the bundled version of Dead or Alive 2 NTSC-JP
What the fuck?
>>
>>168518996
You literally can't change anything in the options before shelling out the money, everything is greyed out. I can't even hide retarded information in the details like player count, portability and other shit.
>>168519002
Yeah this works fine, thanks.
>>
How do you guys play DS games? Do you turn your displays? I might purchase one of those displays that you can turn for it because it's pretty much unplayable in a normal format since it only uses a tiny part of the screen.
>>
>>168519661
My desk it against a wall, so I just prop my monitor up on its side when I want to play DS games.
>>
>>168518529
You have to log in to download anything that gets reported on archive.
>And what does the no intro collection FIXED mean?
Original didn't have headers on the NES ROMs, so they didn't work on most emulators.
>>
>>168519661
>I might purchase one of those displays that you can turn for it because it's pretty much unplayable in a normal format since it only uses a tiny part of the screen.
Drastic can customize the size and position of each screen and most of the games don't use both screens at once or use one screen as a map while other is the gameplay.
The games which do utilize both screens like Etrian Odyssey can be played in a book mode format with both screens side by side without being rotated and games like TWEWY can be played as is because you wouldn't want to upscale those 2D sprites too much.
>>
>>168519661
X432R is outdated as hell but for most games, if you don't have two monitors, you might want to use it because it has the feature of small-screen-big-screen.
>>
>>168501765
I get everything from saving up. You wouldn't believe how long it takes for me to get stuff. Plus, I have a job now.

Good question as to why I hid it, I should readd it. All the Steam games were bought from sales too.
>>
>tfw nintendo made dlc for Zelda because they know we can't use them in CEMU

FUCK
>>
>Forza Motorsport allows you to abort every modification and to sell back all of the modifications that you don't need
>GT4 doesn't
>>
>>168523298
Will the DLC even get released for the Wii U? I also doubt that DLC support won't be a feature in future cemu builds.
>>
>>168522821
Do you ever sleep?
>>
So, that package may have been worth even more than $10k according to byuu. I guess he just assumed ~$100 per game. But single games in there like Mega Man X3 are going for $850 on eBay.

Why are PAL games so fucking expensive?
>>
>>168523893
No
>>
>>168524426
>Why are PAL games so fucking expensive?
scalpers and retards enabling those scalpers.
>>
>>168523298
Honestly I just wonder how dlc is supposed to work on consoles anyways. This gen is apparently the most like computers, but what about 360 and PS3? How did those work?
>>
How can I use romjacket with cemu?
>>
>visit emugen for the first time
>expect talk about emulation
>it's just about drama in the emulator scene
>>
>>168497858
>44 tho
Update: It's still going. At the NES right now
>>
>>168497858
Literally worse than collectorfags. Downloading millions of roms you will never play.
>>
>>168525283
It's just 44 thousand so far tho
>>
>>168525628
kill thine self
>>
>>168524885
On the plus side, if you follow it you'll know about new emulation developments basically as they happen.
>>
>>168525805
no
>>
>>168525628
What's the point? Why not just download one game at a time?
>>
>>168525891
to discover new games
>>
>>168526018
How many new games did you discover in the last year?
>>
>>168526018
Going randomly trough a complete rom dump is literally the worst way to discover new games since probably around 95% of any given library is shovelware. You will get burned out long before you are trough the 100 game mark.
>>
>>168526191
none because i haven't had a collection like this yet
>>
File: KLcBbPxL0NEwGmnb.jpg (3KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
KLcBbPxL0NEwGmnb.jpg
3KB, 70x70px
>>168524854
are you fucking serious?
if you must:
from the main menu:
configure>configure>skip rename>consoles>Wii-U>setup>per-game>single>Joy>Joy>Initialize>custom emulator>cemu.exe>-f -g>>YES>FULL>Custom>wud>yes>no>settings.bin>Consolidate/Individuate>

romjacket is being rewritten in ahk and will be rereleased under a new name sometime later this year.
>>
File: 1438981954962.png (190KB, 370x260px) Image search: [Google]
1438981954962.png
190KB, 370x260px
>>168524885
A few years ago I was a simpleton who wanted emulators and ROMs that just worked, having no care for accuracy, proper dumps, etc. As I delved more into emulation I honestly had no idea the scene had so much drama going back so long.
Sometimes I wish I could go back to being oblivious.
>>
>>168527310
A few years ago I was autistic like you. When you learn a new skill it's kinda important to get multiple perspectives of the same material so when I read in multiple sources I also always read the parts that I already understood perfectly because it didn't feel right to skip ahead.

As a result I became very ineffecient and also bored by the textbooks which hurt my concentrations and basically wasted a lot of time and energy. It's at that moment that I realized the best way to learn is being flexible in your thinking. Take everything you need to progress and leave everything else behind. The basic concept behind becoming effecient.

Data hoarding is already a pretty bad habit. You probably were more amazed by the thought to have a complete rom collection available and "finding more games to play" is just the excuse.
>>
Is DS4Windows approved?
>>
>>168530227
Yes.
>>
File: avatar (2).png (15KB, 100x76px) Image search: [Google]
15KB, 100x76px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5uh5ry/yet_more_bad_news_for_snes_preservation_project/
>>
>>168531034
>second comment is defending welfare leeching
never change leddit
>>
http://www.portalroms.com/en

Is this site okay for 3ds? Seems a little shady but the wiki lists it.
>>
Why do they even do this SNES restoration project? The roms are already there and work great.
>>
File: gunnabehereforawhile.png (157KB, 640x530px) Image search: [Google]
gunnabehereforawhile.png
157KB, 640x530px
I've only really played about 40k of these. I'm kind of a lazy bones
>>
>>168532475
Sure, they're not decrypted though.
>>
>>168532858
Some are, they're usually the european version though.
>>
>>168532771
Working great != working perfectly.
Also, there were some games that have been proven to not be 1:1 dumped. Which is essential for preservation.

>>168532475
It's better to look at 3dsiso.com.
They have decrypted roms for Citra. Dunno about that site but from the looks of it, they probably only provide .3ds files (which are for flashcarts). But I didn't look at the website, so they might even have decrypted roms, though.
>>
File: daxter.jpg (89KB, 640x1098px) Image search: [Google]
daxter.jpg
89KB, 640x1098px
What's the point of emulating a game when it's just going to run at the same migraine inducing 30fps dogshit as on it's original hardware?

I get 31 fps on this game in PPSSPP and it's making me ill.
>>
>>168532016
How is it welfare leeching? He's on welfare for a reason. You think he should have to give up all his possessions just to collect? It's not like he's sitting on a pile of money in the bank or stacks of gold and silver.

Here in the US, video games wouldn't even count against your asset limit for SSI. Germany is just fucking dumb.
>>
>>168533081
>he gets migraines from 30FPS
just remove yourself from the genepool and take the motion sick fags with you.
>>
>>168533194
>It's not like he's sitting on a pile of money in the bank or stacks of gold and silver
Nigger he has 100,000$ worth of games despite being on welfare. That is very much illegal in Germany. Welfare isn't meant to fund your NEET life until you die, its meant to be a supporting pillar so that you don't starve to death without a job.
>>
>>168533194
>He's on welfare for a reason
Yeah and the reason is he is a cheating piece of shit that is mooching other people's tax money.
>>
>>168532996
>Working great != working perfectly.
And how exactly does this impact the enjoyment of the game?
>>
>>168533081
>frame rate is the only benefit of emulation
>higher internal resolutions don't exist
>better controllers don't exist
>better sound doesn't exist
>better interfaces don't exist

And about the frame rate, why don't you just limit the frame rate to 27fps like I'm sure you're used to?
I can't imagine 3fps makes that much of a difference, but you never know with you autistic types.
>>
>>168533387
Are you that unemployable retard from reddit who plays Final Fantasy XV whole days?
>>
>>168533197
I'm prone to headaches, not motion sickness, and 30fps gives me headaches. Not to mention it's simply unpleasant to look at.
>>
>>168533641
Why the fuck would I be complaining about welfare leeches if I was unemployed?
People like those waste my taxed income. I'd rather not pay a single cent in tax if faggots like those are getting a share of my money.
>>
>>168533387
How the fuck can he even fund this with welfare?
>>
>>168533591
Why can't they just make the game run at 60 like every other emulator? I'm getting 31 fps so it's not like it's capped.
>>
>>168533565
kys
>>168533519
kys
>>168533807
kys
>>
Wow, I didn't know /pol/ had such an interest in emulation.
>>
>>168533659
>and 30fps gives me headaches
Which is why I told you to remove yourself from the genepool

>>168533829
He probably has an undisclosed source of income and is mooching off of welfare to fund his hoarding tendencies.

>>168533835
>Why can't they just make the game run at 60 like every other emulator
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>168533829
He probably bought the games back when the system was still out and they were reasonably priced.
>>
So does citra not even have controller support yet?
>>
>>168534034
no
>>
>>168534034
>citra
>>
>>168534034
Bleeding edge builds do.
>>
>>168533194
>Here in the US, video games wouldn't even count against your asset limit for SSI. Germany is just fucking dumb.
It's not in Germany either but there can always be made exceptions. And I'm sure that the US would do that too if they found out that you're still sitting on a lot of money.
I mean, if you are in possession of things that have a value of $10k+ and they find out, no matter where you live, they will tell you to fuck off and sell that shit if you want to survive.

>>168533519
>Yeah and the reason is he is a cheating piece of shit that is mooching other people's tax money.
Do you know him personally?
I mean, that could be the case because the majority of people who get it are leeching. But I can tell you from personal experience that not everybody _wants_ to get it if they could avoid it just because of that stigma. I've met quite a lot of people who'd rather work instead of sitting at home but are unable to do so because of sickness or just because they don't get hired.
>>
>>168534034
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2497
>>
>>168533194
>Here in the US, video games wouldn't even count against your asset limit for SSI
Here in the US you bet your ass the IRS is gonna get you if you don't disclose your income and try to leech off of welfare.
>>
>>168534254
What secret income does the guy have? You seem to be an expert on his situation.
>>
>>168534254
Assets aren't income you moron.
>>
>>168534175
>Do you know him personally?
He is a fucking retard and pretty much admitted to it on Byuu's forums.

>>168534309
So you seriously think he managed to get a collection of 40K+ dollarydoos worth of SNES games just mooching of welfare without having a roof over his head and clothes on his back?
>>
>>168534402
Did he also say he had gotten those games recently? Otherwise, you're being a shithead for no reason.
>>
>>168534309
tell that to dshs.
they want me to sell my lambo. How the hell can i face the world if i don't have a 100k car to backflip into after buying a bunch of redbull with my foodstamps.
>>
File: 234534.jpg (31KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
234534.jpg
31KB, 450x338px
>>168533858
KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE
>>
>>168533835
>like every other emulator
But that's wrong you fucking retard.
The game is locked at 30fps, so you have to write a game-specific hack to run it at higher frame rates. This is the case for every other emulator with 30fps games.
>>
>>168534303
He is either committing welfare fraud or is doing some work online for foreign companies without disclosing his income. Could also be that he turns tricks for people to fund his pack rat hobby.

>>168534524
>Did he also say he had gotten those games recently
You do realize that most SNES games cost atleast a hundred modern dollars when valued at their original price right?
Regardless, his time of acquiring them is irrelevant to German law.
>>
>>168534826
So his assets are relevant to whether or not he gets welfare then. Or you're being intentionally fucking stupid, and considering where we are I tend to go with the latter.
>>
>collectorfags getting btfo by UPSP
>>
>>168534608
As I've already stated, the game is not locked at 30, since it often goes to 31, 40 something in the main menu, and 60 during the FMVs
>>
>>168534956
>>So his assets are relevant to whether or not he gets welfare then
>can't even understand basic premise of the discussion he is part of
>calls others stupid
In case you still don't understand what is being discussed here, it has been established from the get go that his assets are relevant to his welfare check.
>>
>>168534826
You can be rich and still get disability welfare. Because you have right to it.
>>
>>168535240
Got a source on that?
>>
>>168535203
So either the gameplay is locked to 30fps, or your computer is a toaster from 2001.
Sounds like your problem.
>>
>>168535348
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor cripple. Your condition matter, you should get same access to medical stuff, wheel chairs, welfare.
>>
>>168535630
I'll say it a third time since you're obviously a bit slow. The gameplay is not locked at 30 because it often goes up to 31. Don't make me repeat myself again.
>>
>>168535732
We are talking about reality here, not your retarded idealistic rhetoric.
Unless you can source your claims you can fuck right off.
>>
>>168535850
So your computer is trash, mate. Get over it.
>>
>>168535732
That doesn't apply if you are rich or your parents, however. Because if either of you are, you can pay for the stuff yourself.
The Govt doesn't give money to its citizens when it's not necessary.
>>
>>168497858
>complaining about waiting 5 hours
you know nothing
>>168525891
>not wanting to have all media accessible to you in an instant
nice
>>168526209
it's literally how i know at least 50% of the games i know.
>>
How well does MH3U emulate on Cemu?
>>
>>168536045
Unplayable
http://compat.cemu.info/
>>
>>168535940
Just admit you lost the argument and stop being silly.
>>
>>168535976
What's the point of knowing games? You could watch youtube video for that.
>>
>>168535850
>it often goes up to 31.
It isn't. That's just a timing/sync discrepancy. Ignore -/+1 on framerate counters.
>>
how is citra progressing? when will it not be shit?
>>
>>168535952
Maybe in 'Murica, in Europe it would be easy win in court based on unequal treatment. National Health Services, disability welfare are for all (insured) citizens.
>>
>>168536326
This is rich.
>>
>>168536736
slowly and probably in a decade
>>
>>168536528
>watching a youtube video is the same as playing the game
excellent!
>>
>>168537758
If you haven't beaten those games you know shit about them, just as watching a youtube video.
>>
>>168538167
i consider any game i've watched through to the end on youtube as "finished" when i'm categorizing my library.
I wish youtube had a fastforward feature like vlc. I hate watching scrubbles grind like twats in jrpgs.
>>
>>168509087
So you're supposed to somehow sell most of everything you own to even get help? How would he even find people willing to buy all that shit in a reasonable amount of time? Gooberment gonna force you to get on ebay or some shit?
>>
>>168538501
A step above from the usual emugen fags at least who think they have beaten a game when they can emulate it perfectly.
>>
>>168538793
Remember, anon. Poor people aren't allowed to own things.
>>
>>168538793
>spend all your money on luxuries
>quit job
>gib welfare please
>>
>>168539483
>be german
>nowadays feel pride when people connect germany to cool shit like hitler, world war 2 and nazis instead of liberal cucks
>>
File: retropie_scraping08.jpg (507KB, 900x1310px) Image search: [Google]
retropie_scraping08.jpg
507KB, 900x1310px
I followed the instructions in a youtube video that allowed me to connect a Wii U Pro controller to my Retropie Raspberry Pi 3 setup. I knew the RP3 had onboard bluetooth capabilities so it was easier than I thought.

Question is: how do I add a second Wii U Pro controller? Is it as simple as following the instructions again for the first controller, expecting the RP3 to just know that a "second player" controller is being added?

From what I've googled, people sound like if it can be done, it's very finicky. Not sure if the onboard bluetooth device isn't that good (and I need to invest in a bluetooth dongle) or if it's something else entirely.

I know I could just use two wired USB controllers, but I specifically need them wireless, and the Wii U Pro controllers are high quality.
>>
>>168540834
Same thing.
It'll detect it as a second bluetooth device. Theoretically, you should be able to use four of them simultaneously. Maybe more.
>>
>>168540834
Why the Wii U Pro controller? It's a very finicky controller to use with computers.
Honestly, the PS4 controller would be a lot easier.

I guess if you've already got the Pro controllers, it'd make sense to use those.
>>
Is Ace Combat 4 still shit in hardware mode or has that been fixed?
>>
Where do you guys get your Wii ISO's from?
>>
>>168541380
>we made rachel kill himself
He killed himself because of RA and fibromyalgia, not because of us.
>>
>>168541380
No drama, everything is going great.

CEMU will have 95% of the wii u library playable on a decent rig before the end of the year because of breath of the wild. We'll be playing it in higher resolutions by the time all the DLC comes out.

Citra will have every game but pokemon playable in the same timeframe, except pokemon sun and moon, which will continue to have the issue of automatically defragging your computer whenever citra tries to run them. Still no controller support though, that'll take another five years.

Nintendo 64 still sucks, but its getting better, we swear!

Ps2 emulation still sucks, but its getting better, we swear!

Switch secret files are expected to leak by month's end so that's great.

Also byuu lost a golden snes zelda cartridge, thats probably the craziest thing thats happened in the past year.

Everything is going great!
>>
>>168542550
>except pokemon sun and moon, which will continue to have the issue of automatically defragging your computer whenever citra tries to run them
wat
>>
File: 20170216175733_1.jpg (323KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170216175733_1.jpg
323KB, 1680x1050px
I got a DolphinBar just for this masterpiece.
>>
>>168542550
I won't even bother with 3DS emulation. Dual screen emulation can fuck right off.

What's with PS3 though? Still never ever?
>>
>>168543247
It's Indonesian for "Image", btw.
>>
kek

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/832327934518059008
>>
>>168546145
Literally who? Some random tranny faggot? We have enough of them here.
>>
>>168540974
Jesus, I keep thinking this shit is going to be harder than it really is. Thanks for that info; it worked just fine!

>>168541162
Finicky how? Is the PS4 controller more plug-n-play-able? I had the Wii U Pro controllers on hand plus I figure that they're Nintendo, so it'd feel more natural using them for a Nintendo emulator.

But if the PS4 controller has less issues, I'll strongly consider that!
>>
>>168546352
kode54's boyfriend, who hates byuu for some reason
>>
>>168546428
>Is the PS4 controller more plug-n-play-able?
It is plug-and-play. Works natively on Linux.
As long as the Wii U controllers work, you shouldn't switch them out just because something else is easier to setup. It'd be a waste of money.
Plus the Pro controllers have ridiculously long battery life.
>>
>>168546428
>Is the PS4 controller more plug-n-play-able?
If you have Steam it is since the PS4 controller is a Steam supported controller.
>>
>>168546580
Which one? The tranny faggot or the mexican neckbeard?
>>
>>168548013
The mexican neckbeard, KDDLB
>>
>>168546352
Like Sonic breeds autism, emulation breeds trannies.

Tell me, /emugen/, why do you think that is?
>>
>>168548268
Maybe you start wanting to emulate the opposite gender.
>>
>>168474271
Is this the first thread on /r/emulation to get into /r/all?
>>
Who did the original emugentxt, was it Lioncash or ToadKing?

https://twitter.com/TheToadKing/status/506229785698512898
>>
>>168548268
I think there are a few trannies in any scene right now. This is just the times we live in. If anything emulating breeds autism too.
>>
File: simpsonsreact1.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
simpsonsreact1.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>Aquaman Battle for Atlantis, one of the worst games of all time is 1.2 GB

>Metroid Prime, arguably one of the best games of all time is only 1.1 GB

I feel like this means something, but I'm not sure what.
>>
>>168549595
That file size is not correlated with quality?
>>
>>168549595
Literal autism right here.
>>
>>168549595
Super Mario Bros. is 40KB.
>>
>>168549595

this don't even make sense

MP is a good looking game
>>
Anyone got any good games for a supercomputer?
>>
Aquaman Battle for Atlantis was very underappreciated. i have this game and still play it from time to time. It's probably one of the better marvel games and aquaman has always been my favorite character.
>>
Why are people here so cruel?
>>
>>168552230
Because people like you exist.
>>
>>168539189
That's typically actually what happens, only instead of quitting, people get fired, downsized or whatever. Nonliquid luxuries don't cover the costs of bills which come in just by living like heat, water, sewage, etc.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (168KB, 971x477px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
168KB, 971x477px
How do I load MAME ROMs on Retroarch? I tried loading the full archive but it just crashes the program.
>>
why are there only NTSC shaders? would a "PAL" shader be different?
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-16+at+08.36.42).png (23KB, 840x149px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-16+at+08.36.42).png
23KB, 840x149px
how do you completely remove a 'reserved' controller in the scp monitor?

"always unplug virtual controller" is on in the settings but controllers stay reserved when I unplug them
>>
>>168553472
No one cares about gay europoor shit
>>
>>168553472
There is a PAL shader

https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders/blob/master/pal/pal-singlepass.slang
>>
>>168553405
it should just load but mame has a thing with rom versions so for example what generally done is that you download a 50gb~ mame romset of a certain version ( say 182), and then you download the mame that works with that version (182). so newer versions of the emulator may not work with old roms and so on. try downloading all the mame cores of ra and see if it runs on one of them.
>>168553672
but some games are pal exclusives and running them with a ntsc shader would be inaccurate!
>>168553715
nice!! thanks
>>
>>168543663
You know you can just hold a controller in your left hand and your mouse with the other, right? It's odd sounding but perfectly comfortable and better than aiming with a wiimote.
>>
>>168553880
emulating any game with any shader is inaccurate
it's a nostalgia filter for retards
>>
>>168557925
>emulating any game with any shader is inaccurate
all emulators are inaccurate to an extent, so stop emulating?
>nostalgia filter
i almost never played on a crt
>retard
its late now, pack your bag for school lil buddy :)
>>
>>168558468
>waaah mommy he used a bad word make it stop
>>
>>168557925
Nearest neighbor sucks donkey balls.
>>
What's up with the resolution of Tintin in Tibet for Genesis? It occupies the entirety of my 16:10 monitor. Is this normal?
>>
File: SX4E01-57.png (3MB, 1920x1048px) Image search: [Google]
SX4E01-57.png
3MB, 1920x1048px
Very nice
>>
>>168562105
Nice shine.
>>
>>168551961
>Aquaman
>marvel
>>
>>168562105
i-is that a buttcrack?
>>
Any news from byuu?
>>
>>168562105
Could be nicer if the Wii wasn't underpowered as fuck
>>
>>168568642
I don't think it's going to end well since the two of them tried to game the system. I understand and love the intents of byuu's project, but he was a fucking retard here.
>>
>>168570026
what else
>>
bump2
>>
I got PSX set up and BoF3, will it run okay? And is the game worth the hype Im going in blind.
>>
>>168556603
Dolphin doesn't allow you to use a controller and mouse inputs together
>>
>>168578089
*Sighs*

Uhm.... Just map your controller to the keyboard?
>>
>>168578089
Of course it does.
>>
>>168578275
How so?
I can't use a mouse as a wiimote and a controller as a classic controller together. The emulator simply does not accept inputs from one of them if you have the other enabled in the options.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 315x247px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 315x247px
>>168578409
>>
>>168579430
That option is for using a wiimote with other input methods
You won't be using a mouse if you are using a wiimote in the first place.
>>
>>168578409
You have to right click and then you can select a different input device just for specific buttons. It's pretty shitty and used to be a lot easier; I never understood why they changed it.

You can't really play SMG like that though because you end up having to click for jumping or something else awkward.

I just ended up digging out my Wii remote and Wii (just for the sensor bar) and a bluetooth adapter I already had for it.
>>
>>168579904
Why not just map the inputs on a controller?
The wiimote has less buttons than the Dualshock 2.
>>
>>168578409
>I can't use a mouse as a wiimote and a controller as a classic controller together.
Well yeah, you map the controller to the nunchuck.
>>
>>168580051
Because a DS2 doesn't have a mouse and you can't press every button on one with one hand.

Stop asking stupid questions.
>>
>>168579904
>You can't really play SMG like that though because you end up having to click for jumping or something else awkward.
You can map inputs to multiple buttons.
>>
>>168580207
>Because a DS2 doesn't have a mouse
Neither does a wiimote

>and you can't press every button on one with one hand
Which is why you use both hands

Just map the cursor to right analog stick and shake to R3/L3.
SMG is one of those games which are easy as fuck to map to a controller, especially since the wiimote+nunchuk combo only has a single stick and camera is controlled by the dpad.
>>
>>168580374
>Just map the cursor to right analog stick

No, fuck you
>>
>>168551107
Naw, most emulators are based on single threaded performance so a supercomputer wont do much. You could run a ton of emulators at once though.
>>
why the FUCK am i instantly dcing every 5 minutes after this restart?
>>
https://twitter.com/libretro/status/829426182894583813
Was this a ruse
>>
>>168590514
A ploy to boost patreon bux
>>
>>168590514
It's now illegal to mess with PPSSPP's sacred tomb.
>>
>>168524834
DLC on consoles works just like you'd expect. If they didn't plan on it from the beginning an update is released for the game adding hooks for loading the additional content when present.

Like for example with Mario Kart they added extra characters and cups, the full set being more like a classic expansion pack than the low-effort scam attempts often shat out by the larger publishers. Install the large DLC packs and you get to access this stuff from the menus as you'd expect.

Hyrule Warriors too got lots of expansion packs with new adventure maps and added characters, but as it's a musou game you'll be stuck doing the same thing over and over either way, up to you if that's something worth throwing out extra cash to do.

New Super Mario Bros U got a proper full expansion starring Luigi with all-new levels. Pikmin 3 had level packs. Smash Bros got paid characters and levels which I personally am not a fan of at all in fighters and won't pay for, but guess wouldn't have been retroactively added in if they couldn't charge extra for it.

With Zelda, if done right, I think they could add extra dungeons to the game which would appear in some previously-unused area and provide some fun challenge while staying unrelated to the general story, possibly expanding a bit on the lore or whatever the fuck nerds like to sperg out over. Maybe add some cool-but-ultimately-unnecessary items that you could also play around with elsewhere. We'll see.
>>
>>168591453
>the full set being more like a classic expansion pack than the low-effort scam attempts
"classic" expansion packs were low effort scam attempts more often than not
why do DLC pushing shills think that expansion packs were something that were widely accepted instead of being the refuse from the cutting room floor?
>>
>>168526209
>Going randomly trough a complete rom dump is literally the worst way to discover new games since probably around 95% of any given library is shovelware.
That's half the fun.

>You will get burned out long before you are trough the 100 game mark.
It probably depends on what kind of person you are. I've been doing this shit for over a decade and still find it fun checking out new games and trying to figure out what the fuck was going through the heads of the people making them.
>>
>>168591713
>"classic" expansion packs were low effort scam attempts more often than not
I'd say it all went to shit around the time that The Sims shoved everyone you could add a couple low-res chair renders and mouth-breathers would eat it up. You might as well call it post-classic or pre-modern.

>why do DLC pushing shills think that expansion packs were something that were widely accepted instead of being the refuse from the cutting room floor?
I'm not a "DLC pushing shill", but alright, babby. That's not how it was at all. Back in the 90s and early 2000s most of us played the shit out of our PC games and were really happy to receive expansions with new worlds/levels, factions, campaigns and the like. More often than not it was like getting a new game running on top of the engine and foundations of the old, so it'd feel both familiar and fresh at the same time.

Sure there were some stinkers now and then, but I can't say I knew a single person who opposed expansions in general.
>>
>>168592183
>Back in the 90s and early 2000s most of us played the shit out of our PC games and were really happy to receive expansions with new worlds/levels, factions, campaigns and the like
Yeah nah fuck right off you revisionist tard
Nobody liked mission packs especially if they cost money.
Xcom even made an entire sequel out of a cosmetically changed mission pack and it was poorly received.
People begrudgingly accepted them because they couldn't do anything about it. Duke Nukem 3D shat out more half assed mission packs which were all poorly received than there were chapters in the base game.
People only fondly look back at those now because of how jewish DLC practices are not because of how great the shitty expansion packs were.
>>
>>168592183
>Sure there were some stinkers now and then
Almost every expansion pack being a money grubbing shitshow is not "now and then"
You can count all great expansion packs on your fingers.
>>
>>168592430
The examples you give didn't even have good base games desu, no wonder the expansions turned out to be shit. I thoroughly enjoyed what we got for Age of Empires 1 + 2, Heroes 3, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Starcraft, Baldur's Gate 1 + 2.

>>168592772
Whatever fits the narrative you're trying to push. I enjoyed them and think additions like what they did with Mario Kart 8 is well worth the money.
>>
>>168592973
>The examples you give didn't even have good base games
>duke nukem 3d
>Xcom
>bad games
I guess having shit taste and being a Nintendrone goes hand and hand.
>>
how long until Citra becomes fullspeed with most games?
>>
>>168592430
Duke3D only had the plutonium pack. And the game was rereleased later with it included.
>>
>>168593335
>Duke3D only had the plutonium pack
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_3D#Expansion_packs
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>168593130
I honestly don't know what X-COM's about, never had any interest in scifi games. Trying to search for it I'm not getting anything about expansion packs in the series before Enemy Within in 2013, but if that somehow fits within the golden age of late 90s early 2000s I was talking about then I'm not seeing it.

Duke I'll stand by saying is shit. It's the Mortal Kombat of FPS games, trying to sell itself with gore, sex and "humor" rather than actual good gameplay. It doesn't stand up to DOOM or Quake at all.

But yeah I do enjoy Nintendo games so somehow that takes away my right to form opinions.
>>
>>168593531
>But yeah I do enjoy Nintendo games so somehow that takes away my right to form opinions.
Your lack of reading comprehension and knowledge does that itself
No need to tell others about your Nintendo learning disability.
>>
Anyone have a link for CEMU 1.7.2, the current Patreon build?
>>
>>168593901
Okay so they released a bad sequel to xcom that could just as well have been an expansion pack and somehow that equates to expansion packs in general being bad? If this kind of mental gymnastics is the best you can do you should go get yourself some proper education before talking to this Nintendo baby again.
>>
>>168593418
Ah, that stuff.

Released by another dev. Cant really call it expansion milking when it was low key compared to the 3dr stuff.
>>
>>168595173
>Released by another dev
And approved and authorized by 3D realms
I guess I really should've filtered you long ago.
>>
>citra bleeding edge 0.208 version crashes on startup
oh well
>>
>>168594002
nobody sane enough to leak it this time. just wait for next week's public release.
>>
>>168599719
what makes "this time" so different?
>>
>>168532846
>XMB 4:3

get on with the times dude
>>
>>168590514

Of course it was, SP is too fucking retarded to get PPSSPP to work
>>
>>168603829
SP is busy renaming Mupen to 'parallel-n64'.
>>
File: Sinclair - ZX Spectrum +3.png (398KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sinclair - ZX Spectrum +3.png
398KB, 1280x720px
anyone knows where to get blurry background images for consoles like these ones that come with retroarch?
>>
File: 1486164276899.jpg (42KB, 315x616px) Image search: [Google]
1486164276899.jpg
42KB, 315x616px
>last Dolphin update was 1 day 10 hours ago

I'm getting worried.
>>
Sorry for the stupid question, but I've just set up PCSX2 for the first time.
Do I need to get the memcards formatted in some special way, or can I just boot up a game and let it format them when prompted like the real thing?
>>
>>168542550
>except pokemon sun and Moon, which will continue to have the issue of automatically defragging your computer whenever citra tries to run them
what the fuck
>>
>>168542550
Sun and Moon at least boots up and plays fine so far, X/Y and ORAS don't even fucking start on Citra.
>>
>>168603829

'This week' includes the weekend BTW.
>>
>>168605704
Just let it get formatted
>>
>>168607117
Haha good one, we all know Daniel spends his weekends together with his girlfriend
>>
File: melonDS.webm (2MB, 284x432px) Image search: [Google]
melonDS.webm
2MB, 284x432px
>>
If I get rich I will buy all video games in the world
>>
File: tekken 3 interlaced mednafen.png (158KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
tekken 3 interlaced mednafen.png
158KB, 640x448px
I have several questions regarding RetroArch on OSX:
1) I tried Mednafen for PSX emulation. Launched Tekken 3, and I get very heavy interlacing artifacts. Can I change that? I see no setting for interlaced/progressive.

2) Just now tried Virtua Fighter 2 (J) in Yabause and Mednafen cores. It runs slow as fuck. Is it supposed to run like this on emulators?
>>
There's a really annoying flicker at the top of the screen in Suikoden. How do I move the Y position so those pixels are off-screen?
>>
>>168613951
>1) I tried Mednafen for PSX emulation. Launched Tekken 3, and I get very heavy interlacing artifacts. Can I change that? I see no setting for interlaced/progressive.

You have to use a deinterlacing shader like misc/bob-and-ghost-deinterlace.cg

>2) Just now tried Virtua Fighter 2 (J) in Yabause and Mednafen cores. It runs slow as fuck. Is it supposed to run like this on emulators?

The only Saturn emulator that's not slow as fuck is SSF which doesn't have a libretro core.

Actually, you might just want to play the PS2 port in PCSX2 instead.
>>
>>168613951
Use the Opengl/Vulkan hardware core for Tekken

Post specs
>>
How does Mednafen Saturn run Bomberman Saturn?
>>
File: birbahegao.jpg (55KB, 472x544px) Image search: [Google]
birbahegao.jpg
55KB, 472x544px
>CEMU 1.7.2 fixes Wind Waker HD
> 30 fps in Dragon roost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnamO5lwULc

Too bad I already lost interest in the fucking game
I played until the triforce hunt
>>
>>168616005
The GC/Wii Zeldas were really weak in comparison to the ones on the N64
>>
>>168278826

Jade Cocoon 2
>>
>>168615501
Good. Tried also US version of VF2, no problems.
>>
>cemu 1.7.2 finally has not-stretched fullscreen for not 16:9 monitors

can't believe it took this long
>>
>>168541632
Still shit
>>
why is it so easy to get wii U games but not wii?

where does /emugen/ get wii games from?
I don't want no portalrom virus thanks
>>
>>168606684
It works if you take some files from a 3DS
>>
>>168278434
>>168609782
Wait, there is a DS emulator in development?
>>
>>168618389
no
>>
>>168615225
>You have to use a deinterlacing shader like misc/bob-and-ghost-deinterlace.cg
Thanks, will try it. In any case, I see that PCSX Rearmed plays it just fine

>The only Saturn emulator that's not slow as fuck is SSF which doesn't have a libretro core.
Ah, thanks. I thought it wasn't that bad, hoped that at least popular games would work.
>>
>>168616691
That's because you are searching for obscure weeb shit, if you were searching for normal games you would find them everywhere.
>>
>>168618494
Thanks, I figured out that it was just project 64 with a second screen plugin that emulates DS arm9
>>
>>168618593
for what it's worth yabause just runs shittier on RA because the core is old as fuck and they never got dyanrec working iirc.

mednafen saturn is a new core and still in the dev phase, the standalone version is more updated and you can get better results there
>>
>>168618852
He's lying. This is going to flush the toilet on Desmume once and for all.

http://melonds.kuribo64.net/
>>
>>168615248
> Use the Opengl/Vulkan hardware core for Tekken
Well not like I have choice

In any case PCSX runs it fine
>>
>>168619440
mednafen saturn is also without a dynarec
>>
File: 1485300265334 - Copy.jpg (15KB, 179x374px) Image search: [Google]
1485300265334 - Copy.jpg
15KB, 179x374px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5unpo6/how_will_we_realistically_preserve_our_games_in/

why is reddit so fucking retarded?
>>
>>168548098
Seems like we just found out our resident Byuu #1 stalke
>>
File: youhavetogoback.png (15KB, 343x155px) Image search: [Google]
youhavetogoback.png
15KB, 343x155px
>>168619898
Why are you even on reddit?
>>
File: 1332609065329.jpg (75KB, 425x405px) Image search: [Google]
1332609065329.jpg
75KB, 425x405px
>>168620436
>not using win10
>not using edge
why even bother using windows you pleb?
>>
File: 1249367589.jpg (10KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
1249367589.jpg
10KB, 202x249px
>>168620872
>using windows:nogaems edition
>>
Can I play FE:fates already?
>>
>>168621072
>getting viruses and told to update
good game brah
>>
>>168622648
>getting virus
>not having common sense
>in 2017
I'd call you retarded but you use win10 so that's a given
>>
File: xenovsfinal.jpg (1MB, 1590x1722px) Image search: [Google]
xenovsfinal.jpg
1MB, 1590x1722px
Should I emulate

Final Fantasy XII zodiac

OR

Xenoblade Chronicles?
>>
>>168622787
when win7 was rlsd, you and your ilk were saying the same about winxp.
we have to fucking drag you every time.
>>
>>168624552
>rlsd
this is bait
>>
>>168624464
Neither, emulate vanilla FF12. Most of Zodiac's changes are not for the better.
>>
Which is me accurate on Wii: official VC or SNES9X?
>>
File: 1476597771131.png (115KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1476597771131.png
115KB, 500x374px
>>168624924
*more accurate
>>
>>168624730
>Most of Zodiac's changes are not for the better
You mean most of them are for the better
>>
>>168625603
The job system is restrictive and doesn't add any new licenses. You're better off making your own more creative builds in vanilla. Making one of the best weapons in the game easier to obtain is not a positive. In exchange you get two shitty new game modes and a fast forward button, wow-wee.
>>
>>168626419
>The job system is restrictive and doesn't add any new licenses
Thats the entire point. In vanilla the license board is so homogenized that every character would end up having everything halfway through the game with 5k license points to spare.

>Making one of the best weapons in the game easier to obtain is not a positive
Its not one of the best weapons in the game anymore, especially now that every character cannot equip it.

>two shitty new game modes and a fast forward button, wow-wee
>more post game content is bad
>fast forward button is bad
There is literally no reason to play vanilla over IZJS.
>>
>>168624924
They're both about the same, but Snes9x will play more games.
>>
>>168624924
VC won't have support for every single special chip but outside of that Snes9x still has a couple less issues I'm pretty sure from looking at the VC inject compatibility list.
>>
>>168627519
Once again, by not actually adding any new licenses, IZJS is inferior. If you draft a character build ahead of time and stick to it in vanilla, you have more freedom and can make more interesting but not god-like builds. There is nothing gained by being locked into the pre-made jobs. Zodiac spear is still one of the best weapons in the game, regardless of character restrictions.
>>
File: 1391379770548.gif (878KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1391379770548.gif
878KB, 400x225px
Should i get a Saturn or a Genesis controller? I remember playing with one of them when I was younger and how good it was, but I don't remember which one of them I was using.
>>
What do i need to move a save from one computer to another?
Got a new laptop that I'd like to transfer my persona 4 playthrough to, I'm using PCSX2
>>
File: strider.jpg (16KB, 101x139px) Image search: [Google]
strider.jpg
16KB, 101x139px
>>168633594
>sega controllers
you might as well get a nintendo joystick and just pour a bunch of soda on it.
>>
>>168630318
>Once again, by not actually adding any new licenses, IZJS is inferior
Wut
>If you draft a character build ahead of time and stick to it in vanilla
Except the fact that the license grid isn't made for "sticking to builds" the way licenses are distributed.

>There is nothing gained by being locked into the pre-made jobs
Those jobs determine character growth, equipment usage and skills available to you. You actually have to put some thought in character development instead of just giving every character the best weapon they can equip and spamming a single move.

>Zodiac spear is still one of the best weapons in the game, regardless of character restrictions
Can only be equipped by a single class which limits its usability completely because you class restrictions actually matter instead of giving you jack of all trades unless you are doing a self imposed challenge.
>>
>>168548268
Actual emulation of foreign architectures is actually a really interesting concept employed in all kinds of hardware and software technologies from programming languages to processors.
>>
>>168637903
jesus, now *I* want a vagina too.
>>
>>168636538
You've been wrong for 20 years now. Let it go already.
>>
>>168509087
Good riddance. For a guy who supposedly engineered a cycle-accurate emulator, he's surprisingly stupid. The guy lending him his game collection is even stupider.
>>
>>168638413
You forgot your name and trip, muddie.
>>
>>168638317
xbo>ps4>ps3>360>ps2>ps1>snes>nes
sega controllers rank somewhere between colecovision and madcatz xboxhueg pads
>>
File: screenshot0003.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0003.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
Is this the best I can make RE1 look?

I decided to only use the simple fullscreen filter, with "Texture filtering: 5: Standard - smoothed sprites" and a FXAA shader. verything is as "pixel perfect" as I could set up, using a 960x717 resolution aspect (through "Use Window size in Fullscreen mode" option in Pete'sOGL2 GUI), and x3 internal resolution (ResHack Mul X/Y 3 in the Tweak's .ini).
>>
>>168501878
>giving a fuck about taxes

Whatever the government chooses to squander your money on is not your concern. You can't really influence any of it. Consider it a sunk cost.
>>
>>168639036
you could add some screenlines
i think there's a bloom filter which might help
>>
File: screenshot0004.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0004.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
>>168639407

Fuck off scanline fag.
>>
>>168639036
>playing horror games

how's puberty going kid?
>>
>>168638638
Nope, wasn't me, but who cares, byuu believes every single person on here is mudlord, and on #retroarch is mudlord too.

Whats the point of trying to be civil when people pigeonhole you anyway.
>>
>>168355498
This is beyond rekt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CmqeejFLgk
>>
>>168640620
>that 60fps dolphin

muh diccc

8th gen kids will never feel this
>>
>>168640723
>>168640620
Why does 60fps looks always smoother on youtube than when you play the games yourself? Am I the only one with the problem?
>>
>>168639624
You do you know that RE1 uses dithering right, retard?
>>
>>168641126

It doesn't. Those are jpeg compression artifacts.
>>
>>168641126
you mean silent hill 1

jesus christ these kids
>>
>>168641067
You might be getting bad framepacing, which leads to stutter even at 60 fps. Play a game with a frametime graph overlay and notice if you're getting any major deviations from 16.67ms.
>>
>>168420463
> No longer, for example, would the "What's new?" text file accompanying each release start off by proudly listing all the new games for which support had been added or improved, but rather reams of tedious technical documentation detailing incomprehensible changes to the source code, with new games being vaguely alluded to somewhere later on, if users were lucky.

Translation: I AM A LUSER THE EVIL MAMEDEVS ARENT BREASTFEEDING ME BAWWWWWW

Who gives a fuck what these lusers think? They contribute approximately zero lines of code to MAME and emulation at all. Emulating sound hardware is better and more interesting than sampling sounds. Anyone well-versed in sound engineering would have the same opinion. Not this luser.
>>
>>168641325
They both do, I didn't confuse the two.
>>168636650
>wut
>You actually have to put some thought in character development instead of just giving every character the best weapon they can equip and spamming a single move.
Holy shit, I'm not even that anon but what part of "use your own build" are you not grasping? Yes, that would imply limiting what abilities and weapons your character has access to. IZJS is weird because it's geared towards those who realized how unbalanced 12 COULD be in the players favor while at the same time implementing a stupidly rigid job system that is a turn off for alot of that same audience.
>>
>>168638638
I'm not mudlord you cunt.
>>
Yakuza 1 keeps freezing and going completely black during the cutscene after the pit fights in purgatory, is there a fix?
>>
>>168642061
I don't know anon, but I hope you're starting the series with 1 atleast and not playing this after 0 like a memelord.
>>
File: 6738.png (715KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6738.png
715KB, 1440x1080px
Rate my scanlines
>>
>>168642061
I have beaten it with default settings. Only higher resolution and some AA.
>>
>>168642281
This is my first game in the series yeah
>>168642313
Alright I'll double check my settings.
>>
>>168642295
yoshi world > nigger bananas
>>
File: 1469644652519.png (18KB, 559x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469644652519.png
18KB, 559x600px
>>168642616
>This is my first game in the series yeah
Proud of you. 1 can be a little jank, even with no prior experience with the series but it only goes up from there. They fix the lock-on/strafe in Y2 big time by the way. Hope you enjoy.
>>
>>168642637
I agree, Miyamoto was right on that one, Donkey Kong Country games really lack in gameplay
>>
>>168638639
We get it, you've never used a Saturn Model 2 controller. It's fine to be ignorant, but don't pretend.
>>
File: 1448760002453.png (223KB, 451x431px) Image search: [Google]
1448760002453.png
223KB, 451x431px
>>168639734
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>168642637
>>168642921
Gee, sorry to disappoint, if I take a screenshot from Yoshi will you rate the scanlines?
>>
>>168641334
Ask Byuu how far this mind set gets you.
>>
>>168639734
>mature games for mature gamers like myself
>>
>>168639036
>willingly enabling the vaseline filter
You might as well just play REmake at this point if you're going to corrupt the game this much.
>>
File: screenshot0002.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0002.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
>>168644361

Better than nearest neighbor.
>>
>>168643936
What are lusers gonna do about it? Start their own emulator?

Byuu is a fucktard because he craves the attention of you people. He makes his emulator the way he wants, evangelizes his accuracy ideas and then posts angsty blogs when they hate on him for overworking their toasters.

People gotta figure out what they stand for and stop fucking around. Nobody got time to cater to the ungrateful bastards that is the emulation community.
>>
>>168642810
Yeah I don't have a PS3 so I can't play 3, 4, and 5 but I atleast wanted to play Y1 and 2 before 0
>>
>>168647657
>Start their own emulator?

They use an alternative. And your emulator will forever be the unloved piece of software no one uses except to salvage some code. Ask byuu, he will cry for hours about it.
>>
>>168648164
Who cares what they use? If the point is to make something that documents the hardware, it follows that you give no fucks what they use.

It boggles the mind that some emudev would actually give a shit how many people used his program to pirate old games. If the notion of your code being taken away is so problematic, don't release the source.
>>
Is Mupen64Plus better than Project 64?
>>
>>168641067
Video codecs smooth things out. They'll always look smoother on Youtube.
>>
>>168650339
pj64 has higher compatibility but mupen will play most major titles just fine.
>>
File: citra bleeding edge 0.1.208.jpg (101KB, 840x552px) Image search: [Google]
citra bleeding edge 0.1.208.jpg
101KB, 840x552px
>>168617853
I tried using save files but it never starts. Is the file transfer working for the bleeding edge Citra?

Also latest bleeding edge is giving me the same error as this guy from gbatemp
>>
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/26993380b16487649c2ae5f81741e7918ad1604c

>gsdx-ogl: blacklist 2016/2017.1 AMD driver

PCSX2 is officially Nvidia's bitch now.
>>
>>168661171
I hope they'll add a Vulkan render at some point.
>>
>>168661171
>What can I do if the driver is buggy as hell?
>>Take a job at AMD as OpenGL driver developer.
>I'm not sure they can afford to double their team.
lol
>>
>>168620404
https://twitter.com/kddlb/status/832094454546833409
>>
>>168661724
https://twitter.com/opcode_raeg/status/832339250989326336
>>
>>168661461
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Vulcan-API-with-PCSX2

According to Gregory it will be done but not a priority right now. Probably because he kept pushing OGL support more for now.
>>
how does touch screen work for emulating a ds
>>
>>168662008
Why did he even kept bothering with OGL? Didn't Vulkan come out slightly after he started working on it again?
>>
>>168662191
Mouse click = touch
>>168662280
>Didn't Vulkan come out slightly after he started working on it again?
No, he's been working on it for >5 years.
>>
So this game finally got dumped

http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?p=35234

It uses a new mapper that was recently emulated in Mednafen, and FCEUX (also backported to FCEUmm).

https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/INES_Mapper_190
>>
Whats a good controller for emulation Playstation or Xbox? I just found out my laptop can emulate gamecube real good as ive been playing Custom Robo Flawlessly. I might even see if it can run PS2 emulations but im doubtful.
>>
>>168665036
playstation or xbox controller
>>
Is it possible to transfer saves from Mupen64 plus to Project64 2.3?
>>
>>168665036
DS3.
>>
>>168665170
A wired playstation one it is then.
>>
>>168663154
Looks like a weird game
>>
>>168665036
the 360's dpad is a fucking aberration

I would rather play 2D platformers on keyboard rather than using that crap
>>
>>168665387
Wired PS controllers don't get pressure sensitive buttons and don't work with phones.

>>168665616
That too. It become serviceable only if you sandpaper the fuck out of the shell and it's a time consuming process unless you have a dremel or something.
>>
>>168662540

thank you anon
>>
>>168328901
>all this money and effort and drama to make sure all the pixels in the character sprite of a 25 year old spider man game are correct
>and then not even releasing the correct spider man pixels, only releasing mathematical evidence that other people's spider man pixels are wrong
Why?
>>
Why aren't N64 emulators being as actively developed compared to something like Dolphin? People aren't interested in working in Mupen or whatever?
>>
>>168666747
N64 emu is a fucking mess and always has been. The hardware is basically impossible to performantly emulate in a simple way so everything is a cludge of HLE bullshittery. The constant community drama doesn't help either.
>>
>>168666436
He posted the byte differences.
>>
>>168666870
so the reason why dolphin gets daily dev builds while PJ64/Mupen get new versions every 50 years is because gamecube emulation is easier?

Did N64 emu devs just said fuck it and went to work on something else?
>>
>>168667109
Oh ok glad to hear that future generations can enjoy correct spider man pixels.
>>
>>168666436
>replying to an almost 4 days old post
>>
>>168667568
I doubt anyone would have noticed. Who in their right mind would play the PAL version when there's an NTSC version available?
>>
>>168615225
I cant get my PS4 Mad Catz TES+ to be recognized by Mednafen.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>168668195
byuu really should've focused on the PAL games which don't have an NA equivalent and deprioritized the ones that do for last.
>>
byuu has done a pretty good job of defending himself on leddit. At first I wasn't sure this was really morally in the clear due to the German guy taking assistance, but some of his arguments have swayed me. Why make people who get disabilities or fall on hard times sell almost everything they own before claiming assistance? It isn't like it will cover their bills for more than a few months if that.
>>
>>168671504
>At first I wasn't sure this was really morally in the clear due to the German guy taking assistance
How byuu's defense or explanation of this? I imagine a lot of people changed their opinions after herevealed he claimed less than the actual value in order to keep it. Haven't been keeping up with the discussions anymore.
>>
>>168672529
He noted that the games were just stuff the guy owned from childhood and had accrued value over time, and that selling them off to support himself would buy him an extra few months if that off the system, but he'd just have to get on it anyway because the money would run out
>>
>>168666747
>Why aren't N64 emulators being as actively developed compared to something like Dolphin?
because N64 is less popular than gc/wii..

>>168666870
>The hardware is basically impossible to performantly emulate in a simple way so everything is a cludge of HLE bullshittery.
Nah not really. Modern hardware is capable (at least when using hardware rendering). A lot of HLE authors actually did a poor job making the code fast, like GLideN64.
>>
>got a free surface pro 3 i5 8gb ram
>tyring to see what emulators run well on it

runs pre ps2/gcube era games just fine. which is nice if i want some light emugaming on the go

mednafen psx runs well, can maintain fullspeed for the most part surprisingly ,

but the weirdest thing is that i've been getting dropped frames on picodrive of all things. been playing chaotix on 32x and it actually lags/stutters occasionally.

how is that even possible? mesen also does the same thing yet nestopia runs just fine (which should be expected of a fucking nes emulator).haven't messed with any of RA's setting since it's a fresh build but the lag on piocodrive is fucking with me
>>
>>168675556
>got a free surface pro 3 i5 8gb ram
yo be bang budda how you get dat new free electrics, bro?
>>
>>168666747
The way N64 emulators are made the progress is limited to plugins more than the emulators themselves.
Zilmar is working on PJ64 as his meal ticket while GLideN64 is under active development.
>>
>>168641636
>Holy shit, I'm not even that anon but what part of "use your own build" are you not grasping
Which part of "The license board is not designed for" do you not understand?
>>
bampu
>>
File: 239873973.png (22KB, 516x392px) Image search: [Google]
239873973.png
22KB, 516x392px
What settings should I use for PCSX2?
The graphics plugin settings I understand but not the emulator settings.
>>
>>168392961
Would it have to already exist to emulate it?
>>
>>168683870
Depends on which game you want to play
Generally stick to default
>>
>>168661724
From looking at the twitter photo and the furry shit this guy looks like a wretched human being, who the hell is that
>>
>>168633594

Saturn, more buttons.
>>
>>168355498
I'm not into hating furry nor I'm into it, to each his own after all. But he should seriously realize by now that the internet shouldn't be underestimated and also that he needs to be careful with the shit he posts on it, is he a kid or something? Because only most of the kids aren't careful on the internet, pretty much.
>>
>>168364754
Did you tried going to PSXfin's root folder and deleting/moving whatever .ini there is on it and then opening the emulator so it could generate the .ini again with the default values?
I remember that's what I've did whenever I fucked up with NO$GBA.
>>
>>168662002
00:56 < mudlord> 10:53 <mudlord> i love dr strange
00:56 < mudlord> 10:53 <mudlord> new fave movie
00:56 < mudlord> 10:54 <KDDLB> interesting
00:56 < mudlord> 10:54 <mudlord> mainly due to fractal based vfx
00:56 < KDDLB> HEEEY
00:56 < mudlord> oooo
00:56 < mudlord> sorry
00:56 < KDDLB> XDDDD

He kinda makes an impression of retard.
>>
>>168368541
1) While Citra has been doing well, I'd stay away from any Pokémon 3DS Game unless you don't mind glitches, game breaking bugs or stability issues.

2) If you're starting with Pokémon for the first time, go for at least Yellow & Crystal. If retro games are too much for you to handle then go for FireRed/Emerald on GBA.

3) Still answering to your question, S/M for 3DS aren't classic at all. Grid-based movement is gone, there's Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves, they also removed the Gym Challenges replacing them with the Kahuna Trials. Basically, GF introduced some new things in order to spice up their Pokémon Formula.
>>
Mudlord, is there going to be a PELock unpackme?
>>
>>168672951
It's tricky. I'm not of the belief that people on benefits should have to sell every last thing they own first, but we're talking an extra $10k of public money. The upfront sum could have gone towards mobility equipment (if his disability is of that nature), retraining (e.g. if he was a labourer before and now has limited mobility, he could become an office admin), etc.

I think it might depend on the nature of his disability. If it's something that pretty much prevents him from ever doing full time work again, then the cost of this is relatively little and it would indeed have made sense to wait rather than selling everything upfront. If it's something that will only affect him for a few years or can be reasonably accommodated in the workplace, it's harder to justify.

I don't feel great speculating and judging the circumstances of an anonymous guy I know nothing about in a foreign country. It's really none of my business. I wouldn't share these thoughts non-anonymously.
>>
How should I emulate Neo Geo on my PS3? I'm using RA but I'll take a better option if there is any, as long as I have shaders. Also, is there any trusty link for an FBA fullset? Can't find it in the wiki.
>>
>>168365249
It has advantages. It's self contained and requires no setup (unlike epsxe or pcsxr) and has a nice integrated Windows GUI (unlike mednafen standalone or retroarch). If it has no obvious issues with the games he wants to play, and he doesn't care about absolute accuracy, these are actually HUGE points in its favour.
>>
>>168474230
The worst part is that Exophase himself stated that he and his team perfectly could publish a Windows Store version if they wanted to.

>"It's possible that we'll release something on the Windows Store that only supports x86 devices like PCs, Atom Tablets and the upcoming GPD Win."
Exophase - August 16, 2016.

Source: drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3554
>>
>>168474230
I think its secret sauce is the arm->arm dynarec
>>
>>168689445 (Me)
Speaking of pSX/psxfin, does anyone know what happened to it? It's been years since any update and the homepage is no longer live.

Given the drama in the emulation community, I don't blame the author for staying quiet and never releasing source. Still, it would be nice to know what's up, even just in very general terms.
>>
>>168690120 (Me)
Found the forum. Found comments like this.
> Silence is... disrespectful. Takes no more than 5 seconds to post something in here. GOSH, I hate emu authors. WHY the hell they ALL have to be arrogant pieces of shit?
Apparently not giving updates makes one an arrogant POS. Kind of justifies the silence.

If ever make an emulator, I'm going to
* Stay completely anonymous
* Avoid community engagement
* Never release the source
* Never integrate libretro, higan, mame, or any of the other elaborate frontend frameworks which treat emus generically and make them awkward to configure

(libretro especially is right out after seeing how squarepusher et al treat people who don't play ball. I mean, holy shit.)
>>
>>168606684
Go to: Citra's Root\user\sysdata and see if you have the shared_font.bin file in there, if not, that's your problem.

You can dump it from a Nintendo 3DS by yourself (google the method) or grab the one that there is in the hinese Unofficial Builds.
>>
File: notsoborken3jo3pz5.jpg (77KB, 665x551px) Image search: [Google]
notsoborken3jo3pz5.jpg
77KB, 665x551px
>>168690120
The worst thing about pSX dying was that it had a WIP PS2 emulation.

IIRC pSXAuthor contributed some of his code to MAME before he disappeared, someone could try asking them
>>
>>168690996
Oh thanks.
shared_font.bin is here http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files
>>
>>168688187
>fat asexual nerds with ugly faces

I'm seeing a pattern among byuu haters
>>
>>168691573
Oh man.. fucking seriously? It was gonna emulate PS2 too? That makes things sadder ;_; ... that and some way to upscale would have been the cherries at the top of the cake for it, in my honest opinion.
>>
is there a way to modify decrypted 3DS ROMs without a 3DS? I wanna try Sinking Sapphire.
>>
why is it that a lot of the games that actually have good compatibility in Citra are just random shovelware shit

don't emu devs generally at least try to get the most popular titles working well first?
>>
>>168695386
Bravely default can be 100% done

It's the only good 3ds game

Kill yourself monster Hunter fag
>>
>>168695556
>censored default
>good
top geg
>>
>>168695556
>"Tastes aren't subjective, if you don't like what I do you're wrong!"
Not the same Anon but please do the world a favor and kill yourself, thanks.
>>
>>168695386
A lot of later games use geoshaders which are unimplemented in Citra.
Shovelware titles are simpler by nature most of the time so they don't use a lot of features of the system.
>>
>>168695957
and why ORAS on Citra's latest version has missing attack animations? I can see people running the same game on 5months+ old videos with them looking fine
>>
Do cheats really still not work in mednafen psx libretro? Fuck my ass bro.
>>
>>168696465
>Fuck my ass bro
fuck off faggot
>>
>>168696539
Fuck your ass bro.
I just want to moon jump in Spyro 2.
>>
>>168696465
Tried using the real version instead of a shitty third party port to a toxic platform with missing features? I'm not sure if mednafen directly accepts action reply codes, but I know it has a capable debugger so I'm sure you can figure out a way.
>>
File: asosalty.jpg (27KB, 326x263px) Image search: [Google]
asosalty.jpg
27KB, 326x263px
>>168695650
>>168695738
Found the salty monster Hunter fags
>>
>>168697281
Fuck off, I'll take shaders and low latency over moon jumps.
But honestly I want the moon jump.
>>
Does Wind Waker work with Dolphin 5.0? I remember trying to play it but I ran into that issue where the game gets stuck on a cutscene transition after meeting the king of red lions. Do I need a special version of the Wind Waker iso or will any work with Dolphin 5.0.

I've been wanting to play this game for 9 years
>>
>>168697863
yes

also use dev versions, they're better anyway
>>
>>168698113
In what way? Performance?
>>
>>168698182
yes tons of things get fixed, the stable versions of the future will be based on all the small fixes the dev versions have, after being checked for bugs and shit
>>
>>168698265
On the other hand you do run the risk that any particular build may have introduced a regression or otherwise be unstable in some way. This is less likely with Dolphin than most projects, though, due to their impressive CI system.
>>
File: European_Cover_Art_KH.png (545KB, 570x802px) Image search: [Google]
European_Cover_Art_KH.png
545KB, 570x802px
About to start this gem for the first time.

What am I in for?
>>
>>168702180
shittiest game in an already shit series
do yourself a favor and play a better action RPG on PS2, there are countless of those.
>>
>>168697281
>toxic platform
Gas yourself.
>>
>>168702328
What makes it so bad?
>>
>>168702180
Disney stuff, magical thingy and catchy theme song.
>>
>>168702424
Controls, characters, writing, combat, levels, art style, story.
>>
>>168641126
>You do you know that RE1 uses dithering right, retard?

Those dots/lines/whatever show up on the real console + crt tv too. it's just because of the massive compression of the images so that they can all fit on a cd.
>>
>>168702368
https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/111
Take a look at squarepusher/twinaphex's responses here. This is how he treats people who don't agree with him and don't want to use his project. Looks like he's also a racist fuck who thinks the fact that a Dreamcast emu dev is from Ukraine is a reason to shit on him and call him a hack. Nice.

I don't feel like finding the links but he also drove the glupen dev to give up their project a few days ago, not to mention the whole Virtual Jaguar mess. Basically, if you refuse to assimilate to the libretro hivemind, you get harassed and abused until you do.

I realise that software quality is independent of who made it, but the thing is, it's not even a particularly good platform. Retroarch is on an impressive number of platforms and it does video output/AV sync well, but the controller config is an enormous mess (and this is unfixable due to the retarded "everything is a SNES pad" libretro control APIs), and the menus are useless. There's no way I'd consider it if I were writing an emulator.
>>
I've been trying to play PS2 games from my steam link for a while. I have my controller connected to the steam link and have the PS2 game running, but once I start playing a game steam recognizes the controller as a keyboard instead of letting me play the game. Is there a way to get around this?
>>
>>168702180
>What am I in for?
Cringe.

The game play is the only saving grace, and not even that aged well.
If you plan to play the sequel, I guess you might as well play the first, but otherwise it's a completely forgettable game.
>>
>>168661542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8NDwMqaGWA
>>
>>168695650
The Japanese version has an English text option, btw.
>>
>>168697336
How unfortunate is that I don't specially like Monster Hunter, don't you think? I did tried it, but I didn't lasted more than 30-40 minutes into the first PSP game. I'm serious about it anyways, if you think that everyone else needs to have your same taste, then you should kill yourself.
>>
File: jamman23_why.png (29KB, 880x168px) Image search: [Google]
jamman23_why.png
29KB, 880x168px
>>168703540
>>
>>168703540
Hello, justaghostofanother, still spreading FUD because SP made you salty I see.

I guess blaming SP for Jaguar emulation being dead wasn't enough, you want everyone to know he is the ultimate evil in the emu scene.
>>
>>168707378

>so what was all that drama for? I dont' work for them.

I remember Pusher of Squares specifically saying this when end-users kept bitching at him about features or bugs.
>>
>>168707378
You are with SP or you are capitalistic traitor who does emulation for patreon money.
>>
>>168707506
>because SP made you salty I see
Not that guy but why shouldn't someone be mad over SP if he is actually harming Retroarch over his ego?
>>
>>168707378
Convenient excuse. What he doesn't mention was that SP sent him hardware and bent over backwards to keep him to try to keep him pleased, but then he still goes and does this.

What a fucking douche.
>>
>>168707506
>still spreading FUD
Which of those things are false?
>>
>>168707762
>SP sent him hardware
when and why?
>>
>>168707506
>>168707647
Not sure who you think I am. I doubt you know me. I'm nobody important, just someone who is starting to hate the libretro devs for all the problems their API&frontend are causing in the community.

To clarify, I was responding to myself.>>168703540 (Me)

>>168707762
If someone started off friendly with me and gave me free stuff, and then gave me a barrage of harassment when I refused to assimilate my hobby project into their project, I don't think I'd be very happy either.

Also, he offered to return the hardware. I read the first github issue chain.
>>
Is FBA like MAME or can I use the same roms?
>>
>>168707745
He's not harming RA any more than he is helping it. Most of these people he went off on were either uncooperative, or had their own ego issues, so nothing changed regardless.
>>
>>168708453
>Most of these people he went off on were either uncooperative,or had their own ego issues
So instead of letting them be and still having them contribute to RA, he goes off on them and halts any work they were doing.
I am curious as to how you can spin active loss of developers as anything but a net loss especially when no one is replacing him.
>>
>>168703540
To quote some words from that link
>Yeah, no big loss there, we actually made most of the major advancements this year in emulation, witness ParaLLEl for N64 or our Beetle PSX work, and it didn't involve a bunch of stolen docs either BTW.
Funny how he says it didn't involve stolen docs, even though ParaLLEl is based on Angrylion's RDP and SP has falsely accused Angrylion of doing 0 reversing.
>>
>>168708857
>SP has falsely accused Angrylion of doing 0 reversing
SP is a hypocrite retard
More news at 11
>>
>>168696158
If I recall correctly, ever since the Bleeding Edge Build added the texture filtering code (I think it was), geometry shader was removed since its code was not compatible with the texture filtering code, I think it was around the BE80 or 90. Geometry shader is what displays the animations of several games included the Pokémon ones, so until someone rewrites the geometry shader code making it compatible with the texture filtering code, your solution is to play without animations or to use older builds. Worth to mention, the source is some post I've read sometime ago in the Unofficial Citra Builds thread of GBATemp.
>>
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BYUU

kek
>>
>>168708108
>I'm nobody important, just someone who is starting to hate the libretro devs for all the problems their API&frontend are causing in the community.

What "problems"? That some people got their fee fees hurt? Give me a fucking break dude. Your hatred is illogical because libretro devs have literally done nothing wrong outside of petty arguments on forums or IRC. Especially when we have a fucking epidemic of Android emulators violating GPL and selling stolen code, I think the scene has bigger problems than some API/Frontend project hurting fee fees.

And I wouldn't call anything SP has done "harassment". Angry posts on forums don't come close to constituting harassment, especially when he stays away afterwards.

I'd like to see logan post some proof that SP supposedly "swore at him", I surely haven't seen it even though I sit on multiple channels of theirs all day.

ITT: Tempest in a Teapot General
>>
>>168707762
>What he doesn't mention was that SP sent him hardware and bent over backwards to keep him to try to keep him pleased, but then he still goes and does this.
SP should have known better than to pin his hopes on logan.. Quite sad it seems SP is following woman-logic. He picks the wrong people to collaborate with and now just seems to throw all emudevs under the bus. Reminds me of women who go for the bad boys then cry about how all men are bad.

SP should reflect on the past and learn from his mistakes. I'm sure there currently are emudevs who would gladly collab with him.

>What a fucking douche.
Yea honestly I'd gladly take free hardware, even if it meant "getting yelled at" over the internet via text.. Seems like he doesn't appreciate nice things done for him. I don't know why people even value logan's work though. All he did was fork GLideN64 and do some minor refactoring. Nothing noteworthy imo. GLideN64 still has tons of regressions that nobody even cares enough to fix.
>>
>>168709796
>Reminds me of women who go for the bad boys then cry about how all men are bad.
Get a load of this beta cuck.
>>
Is there any good GBA emulator for Android? The wiki only lists 2 for Windows Phone
>>
>>168709796
>SP should have known better than to pin his hopes on logan.

Logan knows basics(!) of OpenGL, can work on his own and that made him worthwhile in eyes of SP. Because rest of you #retroretards do nothing, only whine in chat or talk about old games.
>>
>>168708737
>So instead of letting them be and still having them contribute to RA, he goes off on them and halts any work they were doing.

Um, most of them were doing zero work for RA to begin with. So nothing of value was lost from them since it made no difference.

Logan was a different case than most because SP wasn't going after him, but was he was ranting about Mupen64plus devs and their inaction and apparently Logan took offense or something.
>>
>>168709482
Emulation is almost always a hobby project. If a hobby project is becoming stepped in internet drama bullshit, it's easy to stop caring about it.

SP is absolutely allowed to write his aggressive thoughtless autistic racist rants everywhere, and I'm allowed to dislike him for doing so. Or, yes, even "hate" him.
>>
>>168702180
I still can't believe how this got made, like who thought the goofiest disney mascots would mix well with some generic jrpg characters
>>
>>168709796
You're right that SP paints emudevs with broad strokes when one makes him angry. That's definitely one of his character flaws.

It just seems like some people want to paint him as this ruthless villain who goes around destroying emulators for fun. It raises some red flags when people start scapegoating him for everything wrong in the emulation community.
>>
>>168710936
>who goes around destroying emulators for fun
That implies SP knows any emotion apart from autistic rage.
>>
I keep getting audio crackles when I am playing Cubivore in Dolphin despite the game running at 300% speed when uncapped.
Anything I can do to fix this?
>>
>>168710004
MyBoy! Paid is the best, and then you have John GBA which Mudlord mentioned on reddit some time ago that had stolen code from.. somewhere, I think.
>>
>>168710523
>Emulation is almost always a hobby project. If a hobby project is becoming stepped in internet drama bullshit, it's easy to stop caring about it.

You wouldn't last too long as a lead developer of any reasonably popular project, emulation or otherwise. You can't have that thin of a skin on the Internet, you'd think people on 4chan of all places would know this...

>SP is absolutely allowed to write his aggressive thoughtless autistic racist rants everywhere, and I'm allowed to dislike him for doing so. Or, yes, even "hate" him.

And I'm allowed to ridicule you when you claim SP/libretro represents everything wrong with the emulation scene when there are much bigger problems out there...
>>
>>168710215
>Logan knows basics(!) of OpenGL
The guy is honestly a joke. He couldn't even fix the FB_read performance regression that affects Intel IGPs. He just blames Intel instead of realizing that the current code is not well optimised to begin with.

I remember when he claimed he would port PJ64, but then he changed his mind :) .

>can work on his own and that made him worthwhile in eyes of SP
That alone is not a good criteria. Plenty of more talented devs who can work on their own. Anyone who shills m64p or GLideN64 is a lost cause. SP should have realized this sooner.

>Because rest of you #retroretards do nothing, only whine in chat or talk about old games.
Logan whines too, so I don't get your point.
>>
>>168711092
He does, but only on IRC. Outside of there he is either emotionless or angry.
>>
>>168711492
>And I'm allowed to ridicule you when you claim SP/libretro represents everything wrong with the emulation scene
Nice strawman
Should've known the only reason you are here is to defend your autistic king like a true retrotard.
>>
>>168711630
>GLideN64 is a lost cause
Now what did it do to get face the wrath of the retroretards?
>>
>>168707859
The part about the controller setup is a wrong opinion. Almost every controller maps fine to a DualShock type controller, besides weird shit like motion controls which would require passthrough to work anyway. The adavantage here is that everything will be autoconfigured for DualShock type controllers that are extremely common on PC.

And if you want to use actual console controllers, it's not hard to map the core's buttons back to the physical buttons.
>>
>>168712484
>wrong opinion
No such thing retard
>>
>>168711492
>You wouldn't last too long as a lead developer of any reasonably popular project, emulation or otherwise. You can't have that thin of a skin on the Internet
I wasn't speaking about myself. I would have approached the matter differently myself. I would have eventually flatly told him to fuck off, ignored further comms, disassociated myself with any libretro forks, and returned any hardware without consulting him about it.

But nobody is under an obligation to act like that. Everyone reacts differently. Logan reacted the way he did and now that project is over, thanks to SP's meddling.

SP, because I know you will read this: At some point you have to look at all the emudevs getting pissed off with your behaviour and wonder if maybe, possibly, just maaaaybe you might potentially be the one at fault.

If you smell shit everywhere you go, etc.
>>
>>168712484
I've used it. It might have changed since I last did, but I remember a bunch of small niggling issues which added up into a frustrating experience. For instance you can't set the green A button on a 360 pad to confirm in menus while setting the red B button to cancel in RGUI, because if you do that, SNES A (360 B) will be swapped with SNES B (360 A) in every game. Cross is swapped with circle in PSX games, etc.

This wouldn't be a problem, because most emus don't have a controller UI at all- but Retroarch doesn't have a normal native OS GUI at all and afaik none of the other libretro implementations do either. So you HAVE to use the shitty broken menu controls.

It's a leaky abstraction.
>>
>>168711824
>Nice strawman

You have no idea what that word means, right?
>>
Can someone post Aria of sorrow with a good crt shader and the desatuartion shader?
>>
New thread
>>168714393
>>168714393
>>168714393
>>
>>168712798
>Logan reacted the way he did and now that project is over, thanks to SP's meddling.
Logan was just being selfish. You can see that he lacks empathy. He didn't care that net-play will be ruined because of the file i/o.. Who cares that he left anyway? I say good riddance.

The bigger issue is that SP chose to work with Logan in the first place, instead of better people.

>>168710936
>That's definitely one of his character flaws.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that as an issue.

>It raises some red flags when people start scapegoating him for everything wrong in the emulation community.
Some people just love to come up with theories for why things went wrong, even when they have absolutely no clue. I notice that people tend to blame devs more than they should, since end users also play a big role in some of the issues in the emulation community.
>>
>>168576620
I played it beginning to ending, but only on PCSX a couple of years ago. It ran fine on that. I'm more of a BoF2 type of guy myself, though I know a lot of people like BoF3.
>>
>>168713292
You clearly haven't because none of that shit is an issue anymore thanks to internal remapping and config overrides.

It's like you're complaining about 1.0.0.2 when we're at 1.4.1 now.
>>
>>168639036
If you really care about graphics, you might as well look into Resident Evil for the gamecube. I haven't played it myself, so I can't say how it would run on Dolphin.
>>
>>168714747
>He didn't care that net-play will be ruined because of the file i/o
Didn't this basically come down to a merge conflict? I don't feel like sifting through the github again but I think it was something about not wanting to merge the changes that stopped savestates from writing files until other pull requests that modified the same files had been merged. And SP didn't want to wait for that, I guess?
>Who cares that he left anyway? I say good riddance.
I don't normally play armchair psychologist but this is classic rationalisation.
>This guy quit the project because he was pissed off by the way he was treated
>pff, yeah, well we didn't need him anyway! I don't care! In fact good riddance! G-glad to be shot of him!
>>168715080
Glad to hear the user experience is better now. Kind of sounds like a bunch of kludgy hacks to work around the API problem, but if it works well, that's legitimately the most important consideration.
>>
>>168715645

Basically a different game.
>>
>>168639036
Just play it with a software gte emu, mednafen or something... there is very little point trying to upscale PS1 games, they were carefully crafted to look correct at their intended resolution. When you scale up you just get a mismatch between smooth polygons and fugly textures.
>>
>>168712798
While he as at fault sometimes, other times it is equally stubborn developers not willing to entertain ideas different than their own.

You sound like you have minimal experience in the emulator scene, because all this drama existed long before SP entered the scene around 2011. byuu used to be considered the worst about starting drama when people didn't agree with his accuracy ideals or didn't agree with him about copier headers, etc. But in 2010 he snapped, became more reclusive, and started doing away with working on things he didn't like but were popular, such as bsnes's Qt frontend. That was 7 years ago but people seem to have forgotten about all that. When SP stops being active, then the same will eventually happen to him.
>>
>>168715683
Instead of doing what a normal sensible functional human being without autism and make a pull request to fix the save state, SP wanted to fork the project just to fix it.

SP just wants to be the "boss" no matter what.
>>
>>168716124
>>Instead of doing what a normal sensible functional human being without autism and make a pull request to fix the save state

They did that, but Mupen64plus team as usual has done nothing.

https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/issues/228

>SP wanted to fork the project just to fix it.

That's the only way you can get anything done with Mupen64plus.

Your ignorance of the scene is astounding.
>>
>>168715813
>equally stubborn developers not willing to entertain ideas different than their own
First, this is a questionable way of putting things. It's easy to take someone who considered an idea and turned it down, and portray them as having refused to entertain it. But okay, let's assume a dev or devs have unreasonably dismissed good ideas.

That is their right. It's their own private project and they can do whatever the hell they feel like. SP does not have a divine right to impose his will. It's not okay to become an irate asshole when someone doesn't do what you want with their private hobby project, even if your idea is good and even if they're being obstinate in refusing.

>all this drama existed long before SP
I'm sure it did. Thanks for the info on scene history. But other people being shits, either in the past or currently, does not detract from SP's current shittiness status.

You can't act like an asshole and then just go "well this other guy over here who is not involved with the current matter at all also acts/has acted like an asshole so why are you singling me out".
>>
>>168716826
Both byuu and SP are tolerated because of their software development work. That's the ONLY thing that matters in the end. None of these forum arguments or disputes matter in the long term, because if there software has merits, people WILL develop for it regardless.

A developer can be the nicest person on the planet but if he doesn't code anything, it doesn't matter.

Emulation scene is a meritocracy, feelings don't matter.
>>
>>168715683
>I don't normally play armchair psychologist but this is classic rationalisation.
>>This guy quit the project because he was pissed off by the way he was treated
>>pff, yeah, well we didn't need him anyway! I don't care! In fact good riddance! G-glad to be shot of him!
The fact that future donations will very likely go to better developers, is enough to make me happy about him leaving.

>And SP didn't want to wait for that, I guess?
Who would want to wait several weeks or even months? I still fail to see why keeping upstream is so important, when M64p is not progressing much. Those "devs" are just maintainers.
Thread posts: 766
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.