[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lite/ RogueLITE General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 152

File: Motivational Rogue.png (320KB, 965x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Motivational Rogue.png
320KB, 965x1211px
Only You Edition

last thread:
>>167330371

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
http://pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
http://pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas http://pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas http://pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods http://pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV
>>
File: tfw u get a gun.png (191KB, 449x247px) Image search: [Google]
tfw u get a gun.png
191KB, 449x247px
>>
File: daddy.jpg (7KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.jpg
7KB, 325x244px
Thoughts on Egg?
>>
>>167637327
he's alright
>>
File: isaac.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
isaac.webm
2MB, 960x540px
Nice. Cool video game.
>>
>>167637815
try leaving reentering maybe?
or just exit+continue?
>>
>>167637947
Tried both. Didn't work.
>>
>>167637815

Try to approach it from the top or bottom? They really did not think that one through, sadly.
>>
>>167638260
You can see him do that in the webm.
>>
Why is dedication a fucking thing... marathon too. Thanks ed
>>
>>167638962
Because you need to chew slower and more consistently.
>>
>>167637815
It works, it's just weird. It's probably too late but keep running around and you'll go in.
>>
File: hostile rogue.png (126KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hostile rogue.png
126KB, 1280x1024px
Hostile Rogue
> 300hp
> Rogue Rifle
> Portal Strikes
> Blast Armor
> Rolling

> Rolls to determine an action between Shooting the Rifle and Rolling
> Increments a variable that forces her to strike when
> > Line of sight is broken between herself and the player (Guaranteed)
> > When performing another action (Shooting, Rolling)
> > Upon taking damage (Random)
> Dodge rolls when taking too much damage at once

> Blast Armor explodes upon taking damage, destroying oncoming projectiles. 1 second cooldown.
> Lets off a low growl to telegraph an imminent strike

Planned
> Neutral Boss in Frozen City
> Accosted by IDPD, prioritizes them over the player as a target
> Non-essential kill, though killing her does stop the IDPD from spawning
> Instantly strikes Shielders
>>
>>167638962
He got some inspiration from f2p games that try to hook you with dailies.
>>
>be marine
>get shot
woooooooow
>>
>>167641612
>be bullet
>roll into enemy
>hit bullet
wooooow
>>
I just finished Postal 2's DLC.
I'm not in the mood for a Rogue-lite.
Any suggestions besides:
>Basement Sim
>Enter the Puns
>Radioactive Seat
>Rhythm Rogue
>>
>>167643520
>not
Now.
>>
>pick yv
>"mub da mo bidda te dat tum muhfugen bix nood cof bin dub ho muhfugga"
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>167645471
"fuck the popo"
>>
>>167637327

As far as I'm concerned, the guy is an un-tiltable god. Say what you may, but being able to keep a cool head after the shit that happened in this run https://youtu.be/gF5h802Ufdo?t=2747
and then manage to clutch it out and win is god damn impressive. also he's a fuckin' memer and it speaks to me on a spiritual level desu
>>
>>167641612

>be anyone
>take damage at any point for any reason during the run
woooooow
>>
why does the Binding of Isaac have so many shit items?
>>
>>167649020
Because Edmund wants you to earn your unlocks.*
Earn meaning "get lucky enough to not get a thousand shit items and a full roster of bad or """"neutral"""" pills
>>
>>167649183
>""""neutral""""
I will never not be mad at shit like Retro Vision being fucking Neutral. Something that directly impedes your ability to play the game or makes your character worse is a negative pill.
>>
File: 1453260060877.png (4KB, 255x253px) Image search: [Google]
1453260060877.png
4KB, 255x253px
can't find any of these infinite money set-ups for greed mode so ive just been running it as judas

3% chance to jam with 99 coins and it jams on the first coin
>>
>>167649328
My FPS always tanks when I find a Retro Vision and the only time my game's crashed is on it.
>>
>>167650360
I did greed mode legit for the unlocks. Lots of other anons did greed mode legit for the unlocks. Rise above it and break the cycle. Focus on having fun and just cheat engine or some shit, it's not worth it
>>
>Eggman gets killed by Damocles
>stays quiet for 10 seconds trying to figure out whatever the fuck just happened
>>
>>167651386
I can't wrap my head around whether Damocles is an awesome item or a complete bullshit one.

On one hand, it compliments the biblical story perfectly, adding a source of tension by knowing that something can kill you at any time, even if you're untouchable by mortal beings.

On the other hand, I really think it should only have a chance to kill you when you get hit. Or maybe only when you enter an unexplored room. Having it kill you at a completely random moment feels kinda bullshit to me.
>>
>>167651386

I laughed so hard at that. I was just as confused as he was, but the abrupt end to that run combined with his silence was just too funny. I thought Damocles worked the same way, so I can't really blame him.
>>
>>167643520

I've heard good things about FTL. Worth a shot. Also, Spelunky is fun as fuck.
>>
File: 1457375408368.png (360KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457375408368.png
360KB, 600x600px
>Maggy daily
oh my GOD I FUCKING HATE this character
>>
after the isaac update the devil deal wave in greedier mode on the shop floor isn't always the same. Just got a double haunt fight.
>>
File: 20170207022440_1.jpg (334KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170207022440_1.jpg
334KB, 1920x1200px
Grindin them donations
>>
>>167650360
uninstall AB+ and try to get the infinite donation stuff if you want to cheese it but also earn it.
>>
File: 20170207072948_1.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170207072948_1.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
Wait what is pretty good in greedier mode. Especially with the lucky rock. You get an extra 20 cents or so per floor plus free reolls.
>>
>Darkness Falls challenge
>Find Damocles in devil room on womb 1
>Sure, whatcouldpossiblygowrong.jpg
>Go through womb 2 flawlessly, but get hit once on the Mom's Heart fight
>Sword drops on me after two rooms in Sheol

Fun idea for an item, but MY GOD did they go over the top on the punishment.
>>
File: 1486471215788.png (192KB, 710x584px) Image search: [Google]
1486471215788.png
192KB, 710x584px
>>167661017
>>
>>167639634
Honestly she should be super shit, as a nod to the original game.

>>167643520
Try FTL, personally my favorite one.

>>167661673
Yeah, they should have made it so you have a chance to die every time you get hit, not random deaths out of nowhere.
>>
>>167656234
How u do dis
>>
this track gives me feels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJ6v6P_aik
>>
>>167662629
>Official version of the track doesn't have Isaac crying in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iif305LOlh8
>>
File: image.jpg.jpg (187KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg.jpg
187KB, 960x720px
>>167662629
>When the Sacrificial theme kicks in
>>
>>167648276
n o v e l
>>
File: pokemanz.jpg (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pokemanz.jpg
29KB, 250x250px
is this a roguelite?
>>
>Beat Mega Satan and Delirium as the lost, finally some closure
>Still gotta beat greed mode
>Die a few times and realise you can just push the button without getting hurt
>After several tries can't break the game but get decent tears and 8 damage and scissors that carries me through all
>Buy Chaos in the last shop
>Devil Deal has fucking Sacred Heart
>Beat Ultra Greedier, feel so fucking awesome
>It doesn't unlock Greed mode reward.

What the fuck.
>>
>>167664785
yes, but don't expect people to talk about it here
>>
>finally git gud enough to kill all the pasts except for robot so far
>decide to fight the Lich
>three forms of crazy bullet patterns

This is going to drive me crazy.
>>
Has anybody else noticed that skipping the intro actually lags the game now? As in, pressing space now makes it take about 5 seconds to load the menu while the intro audio keeps playing?
It suddenly started doing it after one of the updates.
>>
>>167662956
good, now if they also removed the fridge beep from mines tracks..
>>
>blessed run
>get to the Dragun
>he throws the knives
>my gun immediately turns into the super soaker
>he uses his slow breath attack
Very funny, game.
>>
>>167643520
FTL is very, very good.
Starship management in a roguelite with semi-turn based combat, if that sounds appealing to you then get it.
>>
>>167639634
Already a mook.
>>
>>167666663
>unironically posting the meme character
>>
should i ask about dredmor in here or roguelike general?
>>
File: roguefreak.png (80KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
roguefreak.png
80KB, 1280x1024px
>>167662001
Save for her impressively high health and the ability to roll, she's basically just a player with the Rogue Rifle. Her strikes even damage her, but the chances of it hitting her are low (given the amount of time I added between them)

In direct contrast, we have the Freak variant, which is capable of turning any level into a parking lot with her Nuclear Strikes. These ones are poorly aimed and drop almost instantly, so she is quite capable of killing herself with them.
>>
>>167664830
Do it again or blame the steak?
>>
File: file.png (376KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
376KB, 1600x900px
>tfw you only get like 5 bombs the entire run
although to be fair, that is my second attempt to a highscore run
>>
>when you finally breach the skill barrier in ETG and go 4 for 4 in defeating pasts

Supply Drop made the game easier, didn't it.
>>
Just beat delirium first try. That cutscene is fucking depressing.
>>
>>167672684
I get the same feeling. I was able to beat the four pasts AND the Bullet's past in the last week. Sure, after 90 hours maybe I've just got better, but because this has happened just after Suppy Drop I'm suspicious.
Mine Flayer can STILL go fuck himself though.
>>
>>167666663
Every time I see webms of this game, it makes me want to try it more and more. Like what the fuck is even going on in this shit? I don't actually know but I think I want it in my mouth
>>
>>167673756
That's not from the game, that's from the mod that's just as poorly balanced as vanilla, just in the opposite direction.
>>
Is it normal for a bunch of mods to make the framerate go to crap?
>>
>>167666293

>blessed run
>picking up passives like one does
>Bouncy bullets
>Firing at some enemies
>Gun changes to Plunger
>spray an area around the enemies
>completely forget I have bouncy bullets
>suddenly drop framerate as the massive spray of poison ricochets off the wall coating the whole room in creep
>fuckfuckfuckfuck

so glad I got that shit out of the way. Now if only I could clear fuckin challenge mode.
>>
>>167674070
Even the best players hate challenge mode. The devs themselves think challenge mode might be overkill.
>>
>>167673673
>>167672684

It did make it a bit easier with certain things like Key Bullet-kin being added into the game, but it also added more enemies that actually can make a lot about the game harder like the Jammomancer and Jammolengo, as well as the Bombshee and Confirmed. Imo, the difficulty is more or less the same, however, if you've been unlocking a lot of the new things added in the update, the game's natural inclination towards those new items showing up in your run can often times directly be responsible for them being pretty easy comparatively (especially with how good a lot of the new unlocks were). I know I had a damn good streak of runs during the grace period of unlocking Ser Junkan, after unlocking him (showed up from a chest), and after unlocking Lament Configurum.

Also, Mine Flayer is a really fun fight
>>
>>167674626
Junkan is insanely good. I got him up to his angelic form and the guy was able to single handedly slaughter the fifth floor for me. Going two or three floors underpowered is more than worth it once he gets supercharged.
>>
>>167674610

>Even the best players hate challenge mode

yeah that's kind of the general vibe I've been getting. I consider myself pretty decent at the game and I've played it a fuck of a lot, but there are some combinations of things in challenge mode that are just way too much to be dealing with at once. having to dodge gatling gul's rockets, and meduzi's stone gaze in the middle of a floor 4 boss while a poison creep trail is following me constantly or a reload causes a pool of fire to spawn under my fucking feet literally FORCING a dodge roll on reload (granted, you can choose when to reload...) is a bit...asinine. That's not even getting into some of the other things that happen along the way in the rooms to get the boss. I'll keep grinding my face against it until I get it done, but it feels like I'm really gonna need a lot of luck to clear it, which is the first time I've really felt that way about a goal in this game. Well...except maybe blessed mode at times, but blessed mode was honestly pretty easy if you had the moves like jager

>>167675054
Yeah Junkan is a beast. The run I got him to Angelic was fucking ridiculous, because it was before I'd even hit floor 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6-LJuCKQU

It was made even more ridiculous after that ^ because I found a demon door, bought the owl, gundromeda strain, and then stole icarus wings and relodestone, then used the icarus wings to perfect winchester's game, and got a blackchest with fucking FIGHTSABRE I didn't even have bullet's past beat, and I voluntarily gave it up that run because I decided to go roflstomp bullet hell instead. It was worth it, especially with how strong a start Bullet gets.
>>
>>167674626
I really, really hate the guys who make everyone in the room jammed. They always seem to show up in the nastiest rooms, too.
>>
I want to like ETG but I suck at bullet hells and find the gameplay a lot slower paced than isaac.

Did the supply crate update add a save and continue feature finally?
>>
>>167664830
Yeah it's dumb, but at least greed mode is pretty damn easy.
>>
>>167675379
Yes it did. I don't find it slow paced though, at least past the second floor.
>>
>>167675379
>save and continue feature finally
yes, but only at the end of each floor before the elevator (includes the paths to secret floors as well.)

If you want to like it, then git gud It's an incredibly rewarding and fun game when you start to master it. The mechanics of the game reward you more for playing well.

>>167675367
Most of the time I dispatch them before they can do much of anything, but they've given me a scare a few times. I live and breathe the cursed life though and I aint scared of no jammed. Or Lord of the Jammed, for that matter.but don't tell him I said that...
>>
>>167675604
yeah I mean the actual in-room gameplay is pretty fast/intense I just find it takes a long time to clear floors/rooms and you never really ramp up in strength the same way you do in isaac where a good run you essentially 1-shot rooms.

I'll probs give it another go now that it has a save option.
>>
>>167675876

>you never really ramp up in strength
>in Enter the Gungeon

What did he mean by this
>>
>>167675876

A really important part of snowballing your runs in EtG is making SURE you go to the secret floors every run. It seems daunting at first, but it's very very worth it, even at the expense of not opening chests on floor 1, which is how a lot of my runs tend to go. More money from enemies, more room clear rolls (which means more chances at keys and chests to spawn at the end of them), More chances at shops to have items you might want to buy, more chances for special shops to spawn (cursula has one of THE best item pools in the game) and also more items from killing two extra bosses.

I should clarify that by "snowballing your run" I don't mean to the same extent that you do in BoI.
Don't expect to trivialize the game very often, it's rare a run gets so powerful that it becomes a trivial matter and you can play like a bonobo ape and still win.

>>167676087
He meant you never really ramp up in strength before you git gud
>>
>Taking two Steam Sales will allow you to purchase items from a Devil Room and Black Market for free.
Oh baby
>>
File: God damn it.png (188KB, 957x534px) Image search: [Google]
God damn it.png
188KB, 957x534px
>When you wanna get mega satan done but the game is like you wanna what now?
>>
>>167678834
>AB+
Sacrifice Rooms you uber Nigger.
>>
>>167678894
With azazel and no hp? You want me to play 12 times in a row?
>>
>>167679182
If you can't get 12 full hearts by Depths 2 and get a Sacrifice Room to spawn to use said hearts on, you are shit at the game.
It's not even worth going for Angel deals even for Mega Satan when Sac rooms exist. Go for a stupid strong run or just don't bother.
>>
what the fuck are you supposed to do when your ship is being invaded?
>>
>"hi antibirth update at end of week"
>that was a week ago
KILLBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN
>>
>>167679421
>Expect
They probably had some bugs come up relating to the auto-updater.
>>
>>167679392
>Run EVERYONE into the med bay
>power up the medbay
>open all airlocks and doors other than the medbay ones
>invaders either die to having no oxygen, or die to your constantly healing crew
>also, invest in blast doors, if you're under fire from a ship you need to keep a pilot dodging all the shit they're shooting at you, so blast doors help a lot.
>>
>>167679392
kill them?
>>
File: yes.png (172KB, 962x538px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
172KB, 962x538px
Tech would be a damage up here right? I have brimstone, it wont override it or anything right?
>>
>>167676389
I love how Gungeon manages to be a rogue-lite while still relying mostly on skill. Sure, a Railgun and Double Vision will make you a complete killing machine, but at the end of it all, you need to learn bullet patterns and get good at dodging to really be effective. Games like Issac and Risk of Rain rely too much on the drops and become luck based.
>>
>>167680156
>AB+
If I recall correctly, synergy.
>>
>>167680169
I wouldn't say Isaac relies too much on drops. You can pretty much always finish a run unless you get completely screwed. Good amounts of skill in isaac do make the game easier generally though because of devil deals.
>>
File: God damn it.png (250KB, 957x532px) Image search: [Google]
God damn it.png
250KB, 957x532px
>>167680336
Yep, just got it and a couple more good items.

>Double shot monstro brimstone

Now all I need is homing and this run is gg
>>
>>167676389
The Abbey is kind of a pain in the ass thanks to the tanky boss at the end, but the Sewers are worth it because the Blobulord is easy and gives you a free item/gun for killing him. Plus the floor itself is only between floors two and three in difficulty.
>>
>>167680542
Yeah, I couldn't totally remember, I've gotten Tech 2 with Brimstone and it does that, but I always forget Tech 1.
>>
File: yes.png (136KB, 958x536px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
136KB, 958x536px
Game is being awfully generous today, too bad I dont have that much money.

>dice shard in the shop too

nice.
>>
>Friendly flies are programmed to do double Isaac's tear damage
Jesus fuck, if you got Guppy's head during Pong you wouldn't need to fire any more in a lot of rooms
I only decided to check this because I've got something that spawns them occasionally and I'm doing Pong now with Brimstone too for real fun, and they rek shit
>>
>>167681475
Yep. Unless you become Guppy, they don't do shit unless you got good Damage.
If you are Guppy tho (or have Infestation 1 actually now that I think about it), they scale with your attack speed too since
>Every tear that hits an enemy spawns/has a chance to spawn a fly, meaning more hits = more flies = more damage
>>
>>167681475
Same with friendly spiders, although they aren't that good since they can't fly.
>>
>>167681737
Spiders can't fly, but they do 2.5x damage. There's no good way to spawn them aside from Infestation 2, though.
>>
>>167681475
Yup, I got Guppy when I tried that challenge and it was great.
>getting Brimstone
>ten years to charge it
I had that option in my run too but I'm glad I decided against it.
>>
>>167682172
I'm fighting Hush with it, it's alright since I spend a while charging but get to focus on avoiding tears.
The first stage only took two shots because of the automatic Rubber Tears effect.
>>
>>167666663
>stationary strikes that don't even track the target
>slow, doesn't even roll
>dead in a few hits
trash
>>
>>167683441
Just like playable one?
>>
>>167680169
Yeah, that's what really draws me to it. It's a challenging game that has those rouge-lite elements but it's ultimately all about being good at the game more than anything, and the mechanics for room clears and perfecting bosses directly reflect that. Hell, most of the items and weapons in the game reflect that and place emphasis on being skilled. EtG is what got me into this genre, and I'm glad I was introduced to it by such a quality game (at least quality imo).

>>167680545
Agreed, but I love the challenge. I'm a masochist when it comes to this game and the Abbey is definitely worth it if you can handle it. Strategically sectioning off a couple of powerful guns to be reserved for The Old King is usually more than doable by the time I get to Abbey (after all, by that point, I've full cleared 3 whole floors). My favorite thing about Abbey is going to floor 3 afterwards though, because it's such a hilarious cake walk comparatively, and I've essentially got more than twice the amount of shit you'd typically have if you skipped the two optional floors.
>>
>hush floor literally just has 5 rooms
>the void has no original room graphic or room design
this is some really well polished steak
>>
>>167685756
>no blue womb rooms in the void
>too lazy to reuse assets
>>
which track gives the best sense of rythm in necrodancer?im using dannyb soundtrack with aria but i cant get past 4-3 because im struggling with the rythm on that zone
>>
>>167685249
No matter what the setup is, an enemy should never be crap when it has a player's setup -- ESPECIALLY when the enemy in question is a playable Elite IDPD.
>>
>>167686539
I usually move to the rhythm when I play Necrodancer, maybe give it a shot? Album doesn't really matter in that regard.
>>
>suck shit at Binding of Isaac
>beat mother with OHKO
>go into hole in the wall post boss
>perpetual boss gauntlet
For what fucking purpose? Somehow I survived and still beat mother's heart afterwards but holy shit this was annoying
>>
>>167688224
>For what fucking purpose?
2 free items
>>
>>167688504
but 15 waves maaaaan
>>
>>167688716
There's also an achievement for each character doing it.
>>
>>167688928
Thats why I'm going to do it every time I do a playthrough. I now understand how people sink 600+ hours into this game.
>>
So, considering Robot is hard as balls to keep running as due to the lack of armour drops, is it actually better to use the floor five shortcut as him for his past?
Other characters can just pick up the health drops now and then if you fuck up somewhere, but Robot is all pressure all the time when it comes to health.
>>
>>167689426
i had no problem with robot but that seems like an easy way to do it
>>
>>167689426
You miss out on having a shit ton of guns and a good few passives, but five floors is a long way to go without taking much damage.
>>
File: 3ace961731[1].png (159KB, 962x572px) Image search: [Google]
3ace961731[1].png
159KB, 962x572px
ok room
will brimstone over ride ipecac?
>>
>>167690740
Yes, it will.
>>
>>167690740
No.
>>
>>167690740
Maybe.I dont know.
>>
>>167690740
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>167690740
It is a possibility.
>>
you guys ready for some more steak?
http://bindingofisaac.com/post/156945248421/109
>>
>>167691517
So, does anyone remember that shit they did with the keeper? Its happening again.
>>
>>167691517
>isaac is dead
Well, at least he got that right.

>>167691805
Can't wait until reddit goes around a very specific city to find a poster again, so much fun.
>>
File: C4AITrsVcAMtggy.jpg (194KB, 1280x864px) Image search: [Google]
C4AITrsVcAMtggy.jpg
194KB, 1280x864px
>>167661674
>>
didn't mean to make it a reply. Will I ever stop being a mistake?
>>
>>167692592
>stickers
i knew nintendo consoles were kiddie toys, but damn...
>>
>>167692704
aw jeez...
>>
>>167692592
>stickers is a selling point
why is ed such a manchild
>>
>>167692837
no hes a jew
>>
>>167692592
>Bonus trinkets
>Don't be an egg
>>
>>167692962
manjewchild
>>
anyone know the best way to farm for secret room items in isaac?
>>
>>167692592
>does Arceus Toys R Us event back in late 2000s
>get a set of stickers and promo poster
>for a free digital pokemon
Flash forward to 2017
>buy handheld for same price as ps4
>buy $40 port
>get stickers

Something is not right here
>>
>>167690740
It gives you both. At the same time.
Seriously it's fun, but usually not worth the danger if you haven't got a lot of health/you're going for an achievement or challenge.
>>
File: unknown.png (196KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
196KB, 497x732px
>tfw you've died on the Dragun fight twice with the robot, once due to choking on the last phase

I'll never get that alt skin
>>
>>167692592
>Preorder incentives for a port
People who already know they like the game will have it on PC.
Anybody who falls for this shit is a moron.
>>
>>167693817
what is that text even supposed to mean
200% put shots? 200% p1 shots?
>>
>>167693817
One time I was about to get lead god and I choked on the second phase as well.
I had to turn off the game and go for a walk
>>
>Realize I accidentally did Lazarus Witness on Normal
>Get fucked out of Witness by half a Soul Heart to get into Mausoleum on a decent run
>But got the Red Key so might as well have some fun
>First time using it
Jesus, this is an amazing item.
>>
>>167694467
Yeah, just don't use it too much or your game might crash and then every time you use it on that floor the game will crash.
>>
File: Gunther (1).png (521B, 25x13px) Image search: [Google]
Gunther (1).png
521B, 25x13px
Post items that make you obscenely happy when you see them.
Any game, of course.

Starting with an obvious one.
>>
>>167693817
I had that too. An amazing run with the robot, cut short by fucking up the Dragun fight.
>>
>>167694750
>Any game, of course.
i hate this shit
just ask for a specific game, you're giving me too many options and i can't fuckin decide
i know that's an autistic thing to be slightly angry about but damn
>>
>>167694842
A n y g a m e
>>
>>167694750
Gungeon, Railgun.
Rooms, bosses, it fucks them all.
>>
File: Untitled.png (212KB, 1528x854px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
212KB, 1528x854px
>When you accidentally Red Key the Mega Satan door out of existence
>>
>>167693870
It's not pre-order it's "first run"

So you probably wont get it unless you pre-order

The alternate cover is cooler
>>
>Scissors is a 2 room charge now
It's still ass but how did it take this long to realize 6 room charge was a horrible idea
>>
>>167692592
>limited edition exclusive trinkets
fuck off edmund
>>
>Rag Man health nerf
>Big Horn no longer has damage scaling
Thank you steak man
>>
>>167692592
>Apollyon has stickers
>Not Lost or Keeper
Edmund really has shit taste right there
>>
Did this update break manual installation of mods for anyone else?
>>
>>167697929
right there-right there
>>
File: Ai73CBc.gif (2MB, 526x295px) Image search: [Google]
Ai73CBc.gif
2MB, 526x295px
>Pause Remote + Sacrificial Dagger
>>
please don't tell me that fat steak fuck is planning another ARG
http://bindingofisaac.com/post/156945248421/109
>>
File: 20170207180301_1.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170207180301_1.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
a second chance
>>
>>167691517
what is the meme'ing of this? new ultra hard super secret character that dies if an enemy farts?
>>
File: 555.png (535KB, 1776x1035px) Image search: [Google]
555.png
535KB, 1776x1035px
What's the best active item in the game and why is it crooked penny?
>>
File: 20170204162850_1.jpg (272KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170204162850_1.jpg
272KB, 1366x768px
>>167701771
it really is
>>
>>167691517
there better not be another ARG. that shit was beyond fucking retarded
>>
File: Well fuck.png (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Well fuck.png
236KB, 1920x1080px
>Decide to do one greed mode run
>Roll samson
>First room blank card, this could be good
>End up with dr fetus, spun, fun guy, 2 of diamonds, split shot, homing bombs, bomber boy, mr mega, soy milk, free guppy
>Firing tears for one second fills the screen with hundreds of bombs and turns the fucking ground black from scorch marks
Jesus fuck, this was my first broken run I'm surprised I didn't end up killing myself
Pic related if anyone wants to play through it, but I've not unlocked every item yet so the game might've been compensating or some shit
>>
>>167691517
so hyped for this. glad they decided to do one.
>>
File: 1484414847471.jpg (72KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1484414847471.jpg
72KB, 700x525px
>enemy leads it's shots
>>
File: 1476229862200.png (324KB, 482x434px) Image search: [Google]
1476229862200.png
324KB, 482x434px
>>167691517
If this means that they'll overhaul the Void and its godawful boss, I'm all for it
>>
>>167706024
I really like delirium, I wish they'd keep him basically the same at worst.

I love that he's a culmination of everything isaac. And his song is fucking kickass.
>>
File: download.jpg (16KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 191x263px
Has anyone played this?

What I looked up seemed interesting but I'd like some informed opinions before I buy.
>>
>>167706470
Yeah, great fun game, I would recommend it.
>>
>steam still calls roguelites rogue-like
>>
>>167700335
It's how I won Rerun as Lost
>>
>>167700335
Half the time I win greed mode its with pause and a cube of meat
>>
>>167694750
Flight items. For all games. Fuck holes, fuck fire, fuck poison and fuck spikes.
>>
File: Megahand.png (227B, 11x8px) Image search: [Google]
Megahand.png
227B, 11x8px
>>167694750
GOAT room clearer
>>
File: 1392771159741.png (16KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1392771159741.png
16KB, 300x309px
I'm finally having a good Keeper run with ipecac+swallowed penny and the fucking portal won't work
not even after walking around, bombing it and other shit that usually fixes it
I heard familiars block it and I have Abel, so he's always there on top of me
I'm pissed, ready to tweet mean things at breadmund
help
>>
>Sister Vis got nerfed again
Fucking why?
>>
>>167709374
because of "m-muh steak" neo /v/ memer crybabies
>>
>>167709010
The portal to Void? Luck based. ~20% chance after beating the lamb/blue baby. ~50% after beating Mega Satan.

>steak meme
>>
So, I got FTL yesterday. I'm currently playing it on Easy. I have 4 hours of play so far, and I haven't beaten it but I really, really like it.

Any advice in terms of strategy, or how to get the most out of the game?
>>
>>167709758
100% after hush, which is what I did
I mean I'm walking over it and it doesn't do anything
>>
>>167710586
FTL is best played when you find shit out on your own imo, stuff like how to spend your scrap and how to allocate energy you'll only learn through experience, and things are generally well-enough described in the game that you don't need to chech the wiki all the time like with isaac
>>
>>167711206
Thanks.
>like with Isaac
I haven't played BoI yet. I'm in FTL for the Star Trek style "reroute energy from engines to photon torpedoes, and fire on my mark" and the semi-realtime combat. I've never played anything else like it.
>>
File: 200px-Mine_Flayer.png (13KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Mine_Flayer.png
13KB, 200x197px
The bell represents the players chance of getting a mastery HP upgrade
>>
>>167711450
new patch today, ammoconda got gimped :(
>>
>go to next floor as lost
>set a bomb next to wall to open secret room
>stand by it
>the fucking mantle isn't active in the first room you spawn in in a new floor
nice game edmund you fucking hack
>>
>>167709374
Seriously? The first nerf already made them pathetically easy.
>>
>going for robot unlock
>accidentally drop the tv in a pit
>decide to go for the elevator upgrade instead
>realize i have the first four mastery rounds
>holyshit
>play like a retard in the forge
>go into the dragun fight with 2 hearts
>fucking flawless it
and that's how bait launcher and AU gun carried me to lead god
>>
>>167715637
I am the master of getting hit a single time in half the boss fights. I'll get Gungeon Master long before Lead God.
>>
>>167715240
look around all the shitty neo /v/ scrubs in this thread and multiply it by 1000s, that's why
>>
>play a normal run in Gungeon
>doing well, might even get to the Robot's past
>get to the dragun
>huh, he looks kinda funny
>he immediately starts firing jammed rounds everywhere
>shit myself and get destroyed
>first encounter with a jammed boss and it just had to be the dragun.
>>
File: P79.png (142KB, 427x231px) Image search: [Google]
P79.png
142KB, 427x231px
>Been playing Gungeon regularly since launch
>Have yet to even see a rainbow chest
>Only seen glitch chest twice and both times it was when I was severely underpowered and beating two beholsters was completely infeasible
>>
>>167721554
>get a rainbow chest once
>on the first floor
>in the first five hours of play
>when I didn't know what I was doing
It felt like a waste, looking back.
>>
File: 20170207222724_1.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170207222724_1.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
>It's a forgot to pick wooden nickel back up episode
>>
>lost going for witness
>take devil deals
>snag stopwatch
>somehow angel room pops up and gives me godhead
>book of shadows
>win
It's like the game wants me to stop playing it
>>
>>167721554
>Have seen Door Lord once in all my runs
>>
>>167724810
you can fight him in boss rush
>>
>>167725212
That's not a run tho. That's an event.
>>
File: 1411685907633.png (33KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1411685907633.png
33KB, 128x128px
>seeds to make unlocking Lost easier don't work in Antibirth
oh boy i'm going to have to do this naturally aren't i
>>
>>167726278
Or you could run Rebirth without Antibirth installed.
Or if you've unlocked him before,
>Stats Page
>Alt+F2
>>
How to have made Lost interesting:
>After getting 4 Blue Baby and/or Lamb kills, a Journal opens up on the Main menu
>More Lamb/Blue Baby/Mega Satan kills fill the Journal's pages with doodles and words
>Eventually, they'll tell you to do a specific Seed that is unique and allows progress
>Completing all 4 of them unlocks the Lost, who gets a little shrine picture on one of the Pages
>>
>>167725396
i see him a lot, in fact he just ended my challenge run
>>
Is the Void portal after Hush just completely broken?

I cannot get in. It will not let me in. I've tried everything.
>>
>>167727679
Instead of making it work like every other hatch in the game, they decided to up the acceleration requirement to get into it.
>People were bitching about portals popping up under their feet and taking them straight to Void
>Left the 5% chance on killing Mom untouched and instead made the Void Portal require you to be moving a certain speed to enter (This didn't help because you'll usually be strafing bosses when you kill it and moving a certain speed)
>They upped it again and now if you have below a certain overall speed, it's mechanically impossible to enter
>>
>>167727679
just keep running around in and over it and around it
>>
File: Batter_04.jpg (61KB, 360x520px) Image search: [Google]
Batter_04.jpg
61KB, 360x520px
>tfw Casey drops
>>
File: 1473525959617.jpg (569KB, 915x958px) Image search: [Google]
1473525959617.jpg
569KB, 915x958px
>>167726278
>>167726392
>Uninstalled Afterbirth
>Game wouldn't launch for some reason
>Run it form it's folder
>Gives some error I can't remember
>Verify files
>It works
>Unlock Lost
>Go back to Antibirth
>My (non-vanilla) progress was wiped
>>
>>167637815

And then, it happened to me. A combo of Super Meat Boy and Guillotine - will I make it?
>>
>>167731472

Nevermind. Running around in a circle got me in there from >>167727867
>>
File: Untitled.png (201KB, 957x533px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
201KB, 957x533px
left, right, or reroll?
>>
>>167733762
Hit F6 and F7.
And probably the Fetus unless your luck is 2+.
>>
Holy shit, I did it! I beat Delirium as The Lost!

X0ZN Y7YK

Thank you shielded tears, Sharp Straw and Guppy!
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-05+at+04.35.52).png (33KB, 384x298px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-05+at+04.35.52).png
33KB, 384x298px
This is the best active, you can not deny
>>
File: 20170208021648_1.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170208021648_1.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
Did they finally fix old rooms that weren't showing up?
>>
File: fly.png (167KB, 771x498px) Image search: [Google]
fly.png
167KB, 771x498px
>take Brown Nugget into the Delirium fight
>this happens
>>
File: 20170208091736_1.jpg (67KB, 404x585px) Image search: [Google]
20170208091736_1.jpg
67KB, 404x585px
>>167738424
What's missing here ?
The wiki gives me nothing
>>
>>167740049
didn't mean to quote
>>
>>167736831
They did, actually.
>>
seriously what the fuck is this supposed to BE

everything else is an object I can understand or recognize but what the fuck is this
>>
>>167701771
>>167701902
You guys must have great luck. I always roll tails.
>>
To everyone whining Hush Void portal doesn't work:
Try firing a shot in a direction, as you move over the portal center.
>>
>>167712383
>standing by bombs at all
Were you just being stupid, or did you have a Host Hat/Pyromaniac run?
>>
>>167744112
Those armband-tubes that the heart pressure monitors use?
>>
>>167736221

Not even close. It is fun, and not half bad though.
>>
>>167740049

It's a new gun called the Mourning Star. S Rank, and you buy it from Doug.
>>
>>167748402
Ye wiki updated apparently
Thanks
>>
File: me&mywaifu.png (500KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
me&mywaifu.png
500KB, 1920x1080px
Cursula is my waifu. Just kidding, Kaliber is.
>>
>>167750807
first off shit taste
second off fix your fucking screen
>>
>>167753117

>fix your fucking screen

oh shit, I goofed in paint. brb, kms.
>>
File: smash that mfuccin R button!!!!.png (193KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
smash that mfuccin R button!!!!.png
193KB, 500x278px
>>
>>167750807
>The Lady of Lead
Your taste is utterly ghastly.
>>
>>167756227
Thanks. We've got a special relationship.
>>
>>167736221
I'd say the relodestone is one of the best, if not the best.
>>
>antibirth update is late
>dungeon souls update is late
>everything left in necrodancer is ridiculously hard
>100%'d nuclear throne, gungeon and others
what do i play
i could go back to spelunky, but i really dislike it, or at least the requirement for getting to hell
>>
>>167759439
solo eggplant run or no balls.
>>
File: 1486399438901.gif (401KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486399438901.gif
401KB, 300x444px
>>167759612
I almost did that shit.
I want to fucking kill my self for accidentally whipped while in hell.
I am not this anon >>167759439
>>
>>167759612
I hate eggplant runs, I did that shit once and I will never do it again.
>>
>>167748745
It's a fucking satellite laser designator. I love it.
>>
So Dodge Roll say they want to make a paid DLC down the line for Gungeon, what should they even put in it? More characters? New floors?
Honestly though, if they add enough stuff the balance is going to get fucked down the line somewhere
>>
File: engarde.png (79KB, 459x336px) Image search: [Google]
engarde.png
79KB, 459x336px
>>167767251
pvp obviously
>>
>>167767251

I want at least two new characters with unique pasts and starting loadouts. Other than that, I want a some epic bosses and more lore. A few ideas that come to mind are a fight against Gunrax (the original Dragun that gave life to the one in the forge and all of his ilk) and Maybe Kaliber. Extra floors would be cool, and of course some new guns and items, though I don't think they need to go too overboard on that front. Also, seeds would be interesting, and maybe a way to have some control over certain things happening in runs like having certain special shops show up when conditions are met (kinda like devil deals in BoI).
>>
>>167767251
>>167769423
A boss fight against Kalibur would be really cool.
>>
What's the latest version/what people are playing of Isaac?

I haven't played since rebirth and I want to pick it up
>>
>>167767251
I would certainly like one more floor, maybe another secret floor. The runs are really short and you don't get many chances for items in them.

>>167771117
Everyone are either playing Afterbirth+ and the vastly superior Antibirth.
However, I'd reccomend to get the hang of rebirth first.
>>
>>167771201
>want to play antibirth
>haven't finished AB+ or unlocked keeper yet

Is it possible to have both installed without losing progress in either?
>>
>>167771201

I have to start from scratch.

So is it better if I start on Antibirth already or should I try afterbirth+ first?
>>
>>167771419
Start with Antibirth, it's additions don't really come up until you beat the game a couple of times.
Afterbirth+ is much shittier, but it has achievements if you're into that.
>>
>>167744112
I always saw it as a bootleg megabuster
I'm 99% sure that's not what it's supposed to be, but that's just what I see it as.
>>
When is the new stuff coming for Amplified? It's been a month already and we don't even have the cutscenes or new characters yet. Does anyone know what they are even about? Nocturna doesn't seem to be adding anything to the game, lore-wise.
>>
where's my fortissimole bara porn
>>
>>167774068
what the fuck
>>
So, Enter the Gungeon is a kind of bullet hell roguelite, right? Is there a beat-em-up roguelite?
>>
>>167731980
Ok, how exactly did you do it? I'm having the same problem with a speed of 1.91.
>>
>>167777890
How would a beat-em-up have randomized maps?
isaac and nuclear throne are bullet hells too, technically
>>
File: 20170208135838_1.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170208135838_1.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Ed, I can only chew so slowly.
>>
>>167778049
>How would a beat-em-up have randomized maps?
Each room is like a small beat-em-up level except that there are doors to leave instead of always going right and exiting through there. I'm not sure I understand the question.
>>
>>167778213
>I'm not sure I understand the question.
One of the main things that all roguelites have are randomized map layouts.
>>
>>167778331
No, I get that. I'm confused about why there'd be any more difficulty having randomized maps in a beat-em-up than there is in a bullet hell.
>>
Can i play cosmetic mods without fucking up achievments yet?
>>
File: 20170208141508_1.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170208141508_1.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>167778091
Entering the portal was the hardest part of this run.
Try tapping into it slowly. That worked for me.
>>
>>167771350
Yes.
Antibirth bases its data off your Rebirth saves, which are separate from Afterbirth and +.
For whatever reason, Edmund and Nicalis made a change to the save data formatting in Afterbirth, so instead of just altering your saves, it makes a new save file and lets you import the data from Rebirth.
This allows Antibirth to be its own thing with ease.
>>
>>167779164
Probably not
>>
>>167779164
No.
>>
>>167779164
You need to do some fuckery involving extracing all resources, google it up. I got a music pack working without disabling anything that way.
>>
>>167779164
gotchu senpai
it's a little retarded but it works. Got this from some random dude's mod page.

- Subscribe

- GO IN your HDD where binding of isaac is installed and follow this path : "\SteamApps\workshop\content\250900\834883187\"
if you have alredy lanch this mod ingame you can find it here too: "Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ Mods\"

- Select and copy ressouces folders

- Now, go in your binding of isaac folders

- Go in "Tools/RessourceExtractor/"

- Follow the instruction and wait

- Go back in your Binding of isaac folders and paste the ressouces folders

- Now go in Ressouces folders and rename "packed" folders to "packed_old"

- it's done !

(don't forget to disable all mods in the menu)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips : You can do the same things with all other mods in the workshop but if you do that, prepare a folders with all mod in and follow the instruction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>daily run
>eh guess Apollyon isn't too bad desu
>item room adjacent to starting room
>dark judas
ayyyy this run got fun already
>>
File: 1340666005050.jpg (110KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1340666005050.jpg
110KB, 500x524px
>>167786340
>second item room
>third eye
>nice
>first devil deal
>succubus and incubus
just tally this one as a win boys it's over before it began
>>
It'd be cool if the alt skins in Gungeon gave characters different loadouts.
Convict starting with the Tommy Gun would be fun.

Also, just give the convict a new alt skin. Current one looks dumb.
Give her a suit or fur coat or something.
>>
>>167787098
It would be cool if they started with the item that they unlocked along with the usual stuff. It would be fun, albeit a little OP.
>>
>>167787362
I mean, Bullet starts with Blasphemy. That's already an OP starter
>>
>>167787098
>Give her a suit
I did that for her original sprite once.
I lost it at some point tho.
If I knew how to re-texture shit, I'd do her whole sheet in a heartbeat.
>Skim Google to see if it pops up on one of the Archives
>Nope
>Did find this tho, somewhat on topic
>>
File: 1468532942105.png (315KB, 656x782px) Image search: [Google]
1468532942105.png
315KB, 656x782px
WHERE IS THE FUCKING ANTIBIRTH UPDATE REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>167788381
they're still updating that? didn't it get canned by Steak Boy Wonder?
>>
>>167788343
Are these functional or just for shits and giggles?
The Krieg is neat.
>>
>>167788493
Shits and giggles, sadly.
As far as anyone can tell, it's not possible to edit the Gungeon Sprites.
>>167788491
Last week, Kilburn set up a Blog on the Antibirth site. He also said there would be a new update including bug-fixes (there's like 5 bugged Unlocks at present) and an auto-updater so they can push updates out easily at the end of the week.
It's been 8 days.
>>
>>167788381
>Check Ribbit to see if they made any announcements on there
>Nothing
Guess they had some troubles with the Updater.
>>
File: 250px-Lich.png (10KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Lich.png
10KB, 250x145px
>>167788672
Dang, that's too bad.
Some more characters in the game would really liven it up.

Hope there's some in the eventual paid expansion. At least 2 but preferably 4 in a perfect world.

My ultimate dream is a little playable bite sized Lich that's unlocked after beating him with all characters.
>>
>>167789467
>bite-sized Lich
>The Lich, having not been truly defeated, had his soul expunged and forced into the body of a Bullet Kin through sheer force of will
>A greater threat has arisen and the Gungeoneers have decided to spare him cause he could be useful in defeating said new evil
>>
Why are all the fart/shit/piss related items almost unanimously fucking garbage? And why so many of them? Does Edmund have a scat fetish? I wouldn't mind them if I didn't feel absolute dread when my first item of the run is one of those shitty beans or a fucking diaper. There are two diaper items, actually. Kill yourself Edmund.
>>
>>167791049
>fart/shit/piss
The Fart items are terrible because the fart clouds are so comically small and thus, useless.
>shit
Butt Bombs is free bombs.
>Flush
Retarded, agreed. Only real use is v. poop bosses, which there are so few of.
>Piss
#1 is great if you have terrible tear rate and good range.
>>
File: 54374877658769.png (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
54374877658769.png
95KB, 1920x1080px
>;(
>>
>>167791049
>>167791413

Did you know that butt bombs heal dingle, dangle, and Brownie? yeah number 2 is pretty bad if you have low damage fighting them.
>>
>>167791049
>Fart
wait, what is amazing
>Shit
#1 is great, card against humanity is useful too
>Flush
All around good item.
>Piss
it's ok
>>
Is Nuclear Throne Ultra fun?
>>
>>167789831
Does gungeon even has a lore?who is lich?
>>
File: Devil Room.jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Room.jpg
76KB, 960x540px
If I make the deal, does it kill me?
>>
>>167798789
Probably, but those items aren't that worth
>>
>>167798789
You will live if you take abaddon
>>
>>167798970
Didn't know the interaction, thanks.
>>
>>167799140
Also works with the pact,the mark,the empty vessel,leviathan transformation,ceremonial robes,missing page 2 and dead cat
>>
How do i git gud at FTL?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-08 16.46.12.png (314KB, 1543x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-08 16.46.12.png
314KB, 1543x1156px
>that feel when you thought a run was going to be shit, but guppy turns it around.

Is there a better feel?
>>
>>167796735
Yes, not as buggy as before but still kinda weird sometimes.
>>
File: 20170208201144_1.jpg (35KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
20170208201144_1.jpg
35KB, 960x541px
AWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
ONLY AZAZEL AND LILITH WINS LEFT TO 5 NIGHTS AT MOM'S

That was a real fucked up start to a run.
>Eve's Mascara
>Tractor Beam
>Mutant Spider
>Common Cold
>Incubus
>Various Damage Ups
Incubus saved my ass plenty of times. Using D4 wisely enough got me Wafer just before Blue Baby. I had only three red heart containers by then because shitty devil deals and just plain bad RNG.
Starting to not dislike Eve's Mascara as much as I did before.
>>
>>167791049
I guess there's a reason why they're shit.
>>
>>167728172
If they add any new characters to Gungeon, one should be a baseball player who starts with Casey and a pitching machine 'gun' that shoots baseballs.
Can also be charged to shoot flaming fast balls
>>
File: Dilemma.jpg (52KB, 980x578px) Image search: [Google]
Dilemma.jpg
52KB, 980x578px
Send help.

I have cricket's body
>>
>>167804785
Death's Touch.
If for no other reason, for scythe tears, which are sick.
>>
>>167804785
Unless you already have piercing, I'd go for Death's Touch. Might not give as big of a damage up, but piercing's a lifesaver sometimes.
>>
File: Every fucking time.jpg (74KB, 980x578px) Image search: [Google]
Every fucking time.jpg
74KB, 980x578px
>>167804834
>>167804916
Nevermind, it didn't matter. Nothing matters. We're all dust in the wind.
>>
>>167797990
>Does gungeon even has a lore?
yes

>who is lich?
play the game, bitch.
>>
File: 1478213926983.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478213926983.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>167806191
>>
>>167777993

I basically circled around it in a small circle and got sucked in.
>>
>>167802091
>Trying it out now
>All these fucking unlocks
>Am suddenly having a blast with a ton of new characters
Neat.
>Gold weapons get a scroll menu so you just gotta unlock them to keep them
THANK FUCK.
>>
Did the supply drop update make EtG easier, or did playing a bunch of Isaac between the last time I played Gungeon (probably like... june) and now make me a better player? I played about 70 runs before the update and never killed anyone's past, and now I've killed the 4 starter character's pasts in probably 10 or so runs total, 3 of which were consecutive.
>>
>>167810227
Gungeon got easier overall. Not by a whole lot excluding Casey.
>>
Hey, is Halcyon 6 a rogulite? I don't know if the starmap is procedurally generated or the same every time.
>>
>>167810227
see >>167674626

The short of it is, it's easier in some aspects, and harder in some.

>>167810429
>excluding Casey

maybe I just need to play with it some more, but I honestly don't get this "Casey is EZ mode" meme. I got it not that long ago on a run and based on what I saw people posting I was expecting a lot more. It's honestly not that great. Sure it does a fuck load of damage, but having a charge up and reload every single time and be extremely close to them makes it kind of underwhelming. I ended up switching off of it in favor of other weapons pretty quickly and it just kinda sat in my inventory for the entire run.
>>
File: 1442725417079.png (14KB, 1063x670px) Image search: [Google]
1442725417079.png
14KB, 1063x670px
>Blue baby
>First floor library
>Book of sin + 2 batteries
>First item is a red heart
>Second item is a 2 of hearts
>Third item is a full health pill
This bodes well.
>>
>>167813193
>and then I got farted onto spikes by one of those flying assbags (I'm playing Antibirth)
Welp, nevermind.
>>
>>167811105
>Casey
I suppose I'm just used to how Melee works in NT and Casey is a really common, really powerful melee akin to a NT Melee in use.
>>
>>167813351

>akin to to a NT Melee in use
I can understand that, especially based on some of the webms posted here. I haven't actually played NT, I think I'll get on that once my EtG itch dies down some.
>>
>Crown of Disco
I have made a horrible mistake.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 629x459px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 629x459px
>Eagle Eyes is insanely good with this mod instead of just really good
Neat.
>>
>>167814339
So, how fun actually is that mod?
>>
>>167818417
Thus far, very enjoyable. I still fucking suck, but the stuff I see is very pleasant.
>Have found 2 Inverted Portals thus far
>Love the Blacksmith, cause he's just a better Robot
>>
>>167809337
They also unlock as soon you grab them. Steroids starts with two of whatever gold weapon you selected.

Gold Flare Gun is on hell of a thing
>>
>Get a bunch of carry items
>Die anyway
>>
File: 1451458510406.gif (914KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
1451458510406.gif
914KB, 200x113px
>Parasite + Ipecac without Pyromaniac
>>
Anyone know where to get a 100% complete save file for the latest Isaac release?
>>
>>167820402
>Ipecac + Rubber Cement + Bob's Brain + Sad Bombs
wish I could find that run where Eggman got this again, shit was hilarious
>>
>>167821631
>Doctor's Remote + Sad Bombs + Brimstone
Most OP run I ever had, seriously killed Delirium in 4 seconds.
>>
>>167821631
There, found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDDHrFweZU
>>
>>167823057
>3 charge Krampus' Head
God, it's been a while.
>>
>Have 6 or so keys by floor 3 in gungeon
>Get the junk follower
>Start breaking every chest
>Green chests end up giving me D tier weapons instead of junk
If you have the junk follower, at what color chests should you start using keys?
>>
>>167825787
There's no good answer to that question. Even breaking lower tier chests can give you things that aren't junk like hearts and armor. Having Ser Junkan supposedly increases the chance that breaking chests will grant you a piece of junk though. My rule is that unless I feel like I need more items to strengthen my run some, I just break everything that isn't A or S tier (red and black chests).
>>
File: 20170209034129_1.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209034129_1.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>Finally beat mom in under 30 minutes with keeper
>That is the time the portal shows up naturally
also
>Finally get strength card early
>two of them even
>one deal with missing page 2
>>
>had a perfect run to go for RERUN
>couldn't even finish the second victory lap because the void portal spawned on top of me when I beat Satan and there was so much shit in the screen I couldn't see it
nice
At least I found out you can still quit and continue on victory laps.
>>
File: 20170209040051_1.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209040051_1.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
love stoneys
>>
Isaac is dead and so is this general
>>
>>167835795
It's called immersive roleplaying.
>>
>>167832620
Stoneys are probably the worst enemy to spawn in the basement on greed mode.
>>
Holy shit, today's run is fun as hell.

What's with the teeth theme?
>>
Is mount&blade a roguelite?
>>
Is the stardew valley mining a roguelite?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
is mayonnaise a roguelite?
>>
>ANTIBIRTH UPDATE STILL NOT OUT
I'M GETTIN UPSET

>>167803183
I really like this idea.
>>
>>167845682
AT LEAST MAKE THE FUCKING BLOG LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD JESUS
>>
>>167846280
they did
http://blog.antibirth.com/
>>
>>167835795
>Isaac is dead
He was dead before this general I think
>>
>>167788672
>>167788869
https://modthegungeon.eu

It actually is.
>>
>start up nuclear throne ultra
>my 100% is gone, everything is reset
thanks
>>
File: 1312681249546.gif (1006KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1312681249546.gif
1006KB, 260x187px
>>167821631
>Ipecac + Rubber Cement
>thought it was a good idea picking them up
>mfw a tear bounces back at me
>>
>>167848319
seriously though is there an easy way to transfer my savefile or something
i don't want to go through all of that again
>>
>tfw last winning run to do for 5 Nights at Mom's is Azazel
>4 wins so far are Isaac, Judas, Lilith, Eden
>>
Are there any AAA Roguelites? Do you consider japanese-style roguelikes to be roguelites?
>>
File: lel.gif (3MB, 479x238px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
3MB, 479x238px
>Daily starts you off with good loadout and 50 luck
>Blast though with no effort including boss rush, Hush + Guppy transformation
>Every chest opened in the Dark Room has an item
>Get ~500th score because everyone was picking up items towards the end and I skipped about 10
>>
>>167855181
>Caring about your ranking on a leaderboard
>Not just having fun
>>
>>167855768
But I did, that's why I'm entertained by the relatively high score. It's certainly more entertaining than doing Greed mode with Maggie.
Time was somewhere low since I did the extras, so i usually ignore that.
>>
>>167852614
>Do you consider japanese-style roguelikes to be roguelites?
Those are still roguelikes proper.
>>
File: a7ef353141ec3014b31ab0d03ec500ab.png (533KB, 1535x937px) Image search: [Google]
a7ef353141ec3014b31ab0d03ec500ab.png
533KB, 1535x937px
>Steak
>>
Is there an easy way to edit the Donation bin in Isaac?

I've grinded up to 850+ Coins in it, but today I had an absolutely brutal run that involved Dr Fetus, Ipecac, Sad Bombs, Curse of the Tower, Varicos Veins, Firebombs, and Host-Hat, and so on and so forth lots of trash explosive shit, after destroying everything in my path, I walked into a shop and accidentally touched a fire, which sprayed bombs in every direction, which exploded into cluster bombs which exploded into Epicac tears that left flames behind, so on and so forth so it ejected every single coin from my donation machine in the space of 1.2 seconds.
>>
>NTUltra
>Atom's Teleport occasionally crashes the game if it ends too close to a wall
>Closing the game doesn't close the game and gotta force close through Task Manager
Kek.
>>
Out of all the roguelite mainstays, which characters do you think would hang out?

Pilot and Fish would probably get along well enough.
>>
Maybe I'm misusing it, but the Serious Cannon doesn't seem all that powerful. I thought it was meant to be one of the best guns.
>>
File: FUCK you~.jpg (51KB, 352x338px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK you~.jpg
51KB, 352x338px
>Doing yet another Pong run for fun
>Tammy's Head
>>
>Mega Mush has appeared in the Basement!
>Still haven't found Black Mushroom
>>
File: 1486519174001.jpg (46KB, 588x575px) Image search: [Google]
1486519174001.jpg
46KB, 588x575px
>>167856910
edmund this has to stop
>>
Does anyone know if you actually need to fill out the bestiary for the new isaac 100% achievement or do you just need the achievement which I already have since it was bugged? There's some rare-ass monster in the womb I have never seen and can't imagine I'll see anytime soon.
>>
>>167856910
This is absolutely fucking bullshit. I hope edmund dies in his sleep.
>>
>>167864023
>>167864234
It's not needed for the achievement.
You only need 1 save for the achievement.
>>
File: e2a.jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
e2a.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>167806191
>>
how do i upgrade my shields in ftl?
>>
>>167864676
Every 2 levels of Shield increases your max shield count.
You also need to put 2 energy into them.
>>
>>167694750
Anvillain is just a satisfying way to cleanly clear a room. Getting those penertration kills, hearing the nice "donk". Great weapon.
>>
File: something aint right here.png (187KB, 898x569px) Image search: [Google]
something aint right here.png
187KB, 898x569px
uhhhhh
>>
File: 20170209222049_1.jpg (217KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170209222049_1.jpg
217KB, 1366x768px
>>167864743
i see,thanks
also is there anything i can do in this situation?
>>
>>167865445
No.
>>
File: beep boop.png (490KB, 1915x1275px) Image search: [Google]
beep boop.png
490KB, 1915x1275px
On my ~5th attempt of bringing the TV to the forge, I finally did it.
>First attempt dropped it due to habit of dodge rolling into the elevator
>Second attempt got absolutely nothing for the first 3 chambers and died to Mine Flayer
>Third attempt tried to throw it over a gap I HAD to cross, it fell in
>Fourth attempt forgot to grab it after the boss and just left the chamber
>>
>>167865445
You would need level 2 med bay to outheal the suffocation damage and 3 crew members to rotate and repair the O2 room.
>>
>>167865754
That quest is a fucking pain.
Then after about six attempts I had a run where I couldn't stop finding overpowered guns and I not only got the robot but I also killed the past as marine for the first time.
>>
>>167779339
I know you're probably not here, but that worked. Thanks a bunch!
>>
File: 20170209205014_1.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209205014_1.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
I want to die.
>>
>>167867982
So do I, but my lack of Steam friends is unrelated
>>
>>167868276
I missed one daily run.
>>
File: 1368773831932.jpg (23KB, 462x327px) Image search: [Google]
1368773831932.jpg
23KB, 462x327px
>>167868449
Oh
As in, for Dedication?
Yeah I can see why now
>>
Is there some mod that easy unlocks the keeper? I really don't want to do greed mode 900 times
>>
>Ipecac + Mutant Spider + Parasite
>as well as Sad Bombs + Bob's Brain + Scatter Bombs
WHAT HAVE I DONE
>>
>>167875243
>WHAT HAVE I DONE
Wished fiery death upon yourself for not finding Host Hat or Pyromaniac.
>>
File: 20170209163723_1.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209163723_1.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
The daily was fun
>>
>>167875662
Still worth it because Delirium died in one second.
>ruined everything because I got spectral tears, so the ipecac started flying over the walls
>>
>>167876762
>Spectral
Shame you didn't get Continuum.
>>
>>167873409
1. Download Cheat Engine with the Isaac Ng.
2. Do a greed run and beat greed
3. Open Cheat Engine with Isaac NG
4. Change the value of the donation machine to 998
5. Add 2 cents
6 . Done.
>>
>>167877120
>Inb4 jams on first penny
>>
>>167873409
>>167877120
Here a video explaining how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC1A_L4zs4M
>>
>>167873409
Keeper isn't that bad to unlock anymore since the machine really doesn't jam that frequently. Side note is that greedier mode while being a little harder gives a shit ton more coins during the ultra greedier boss so you're pretty much guaranteed to have 30+ coins after the boss. Usually I had around 60. If you aren't shit you'd be close to 900 coins after doing all the greed + greedier unlocks
>>
>this NT weekly
lol
>>
>>167880248
no one plays vanilla nt anymore, old timer
>>
>>167880537
>Have 300 hours played in NT
>Still one of my favorite games, favorite /lite/ by far
>Still suck at it
>Can rarely make it to fucking throne let alone loop even with meme characters

It's not fair. It's not right.

I blame the HeavyBeats soundmod, it makes me play poorly but I can't play with anything else.
>>
How good is Supply Drop? I pirated EtG a while back and it was okay, but I find myself wanting the expansion. Dunno if it's worth the cash though
>>
>>167880952
That sucks, I 100%'d it at around 350 hours.
Maybe you should appreciate the original soundtrack, or at least use a good soundmod.

>>167881194
It's good, it doesn't cost any money.
If you haven't bought Gungeon yet then do that.
>>
Does anyone else find it fucking impossible to enter the Void portal? It just won't let me in.
>>
>>167881398
Just run into it at full speed. If anything I find it harder to not accidentally go into it when the screen is too cluttered with a hundred familiars.
>>
>A mod that gives all enemies in the Void a Delirious skin
Well, that's a step up. Now if only Void as a whole was a melting pot of madness with blended environments held together by semen.
And if only Delirium wasn't shit.
>>
>>167855181
>Every chest opened in the Dark Room has an item
That's normal though
>>
>>167881296
>Implying edm isn't good for high octane schmup action game
Get out
>>
File: 20170209174528_1.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209174528_1.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
I still don't get why these hearts that run from you exist
>>
>>167882172
Because isaac is le funny trole rage face game
>>
>>167882172
something something chew something something steak
>>
>>167881849
I'm entering it as fast as I can't and I can't actually go in.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-09 15.03.24.png (429KB, 1543x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-09 15.03.24.png
429KB, 1543x1156px
I put rift in your rifts bro
>>
>Goofing around with Blank Card+Jera memes, along with a Tarot Cloth
>In womb so no shops
>Duping cards, realize I have an unlimited supply of beggars, slot machines and fortune tellers
>Was ignoring the Strength card that got copied like 30 times in the corner
>Go use them all up cause I dont want to break game by copying them all again
>Wow I'm getting big
>LOL IM GETTING SO HUGE THIS IS HILARIOUS
>Gobble them all up and take screenies for giggles
>Leave room
>Hearts don't disappear
>Realize Tarot Cloth was giving me two hearts per card, and the effect ending only took away one
>Now I have maximum heart containers and no room for soul/black
>On a run with Dark Bum

Out-fucking-Memed. He gobbled up most hearts before I could get them and I died.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KODCk989Sg

I really don't get it. How the fuck do I go in?
>>
>>167635568
Is Eldritch worth the last 15 dollars I have in my steam wallet?
>>
>>167885040
Sort of.
>>
>>167885040
Eldritch is kinda weird for me, I should probably go back and try again.
>>
>>167884313
get your familiars off the portal. they block you from entering. once they're off SLOWLY walk into the portal
>>
File: isaac.png (285KB, 832x488px) Image search: [Google]
isaac.png
285KB, 832x488px
>>167877120
>>167877802
based, thanks guys. that was way easier than i thought it'd be
>>
>>167888001
Now you just need the lost. Kill yourself in a sacrifice room while holding the Missing poster trinket.
>>
File: lost.png (154KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
lost.png
154KB, 625x790px
>>167888217
yeah I had him before i had to lost my data and now every time i get the missing poster trinket i'm on a godlike run

thank god we don't have to do this bullshit anymore, at least
>>
>>167887937
>It worked
>Anon wasn't joking
>It actually fucking worked

I really don't understand how fucking incompetent one has to be to fuck a TELEPORT up this badly
>>
File: Brad_RightThing.png (9KB, 372x310px) Image search: [Google]
Brad_RightThing.png
9KB, 372x310px
Do you think the egg will ever stop playing Isaac?
I stopped watching thousands of episodes ago and get dumbfounded when I realize he's still doing it

He must be suffering inside
>>
>>167888572
Yeah, my data got corrupted because of mods.

I installed like 40 mods, and somehow by dis-activating them, it corrupted by data for afterbirth + . There was no way for me to get it back because it was already loaded in the server.
>>
>>167889481
He make money. It`s like asking if a stock broker would does 100K a year would stop doing his job after 5 years of the same salary.

He will stop when the views on the Isaac videos will go down. For the moment, it pays for his bills, and allow him to study in programming to have a back up plan when Youtube blows over.

There will always be a new video game to play for entertainement sake. In the period between Rebirth and Afterbirth, he played mostly Welcome to the Gungeon.
>>
Blessed runs are annoying as fuck, water pistols and the syringe against bosses all day. I can't imagine even attempting challenge mode.
Also,
>Sometimes the Dark Magician's attacks go through walls
Great.
>>
>>167891468
It trolls you so hard on Blessing Runs. I got to the dragun once, only to get all the shittiest guns in a row. I got creamed trying to plink its health down eventually.
>>
>Finally decide to work on the elevator, give all my keys and money to the guy
>Next two items I get are polaris and bloody scarf
That would have been a hyper-carry run if I could have bought anything else.
>>
>>167891468
>>167892006
For blessing runs, you need to get lucky with items. Better items make up for the times you're fighting stuff like Treadnaught with the peashooter.
>>
>>167889589
It corrupted the actual save not just the current run section?
>>
>nice greedier run
>one of the last things I need
>Metronome seems fun
>First one is clicker
Why does Edmund want to hurt you

Metronome is almost unusable with clicker in it.
Dead sea scrolls had the explosion but with clicker it can literally turn you into keeper or lost.
>>
>>167896618
You're talking about the same guy who guy butt-mad over people data-mining the Lost instead of going through the asinine process of figuring it out through randomly finding Missing Posters and suiciding to find the like 20 pieces of the puzzle.
And was so mad that he carried it into the first expansion by locking the Greed Donation box at 109 coins. And waiting 109 hours to release the missing content.
And his rage was such a smooth and buttery puree of anger that he made a fucking item dedicated to it in the 2nd expansion.
>A red Pickaxe Spacebar item that gives you +1 and -1 to 2 random stats on use and also turns all the sprites 90 degrees to the right
>The pickup quote text, "109"
>>
File: 20170209205439_1.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209205439_1.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>167896618
>manage to find clicker on the run
>first reroll is the lost
>>
>>167897520
>using the Clicker
Why would you do that
>>
>>167897520
>>167897864
Why the fuck does Clicker exist?
>>
>>167897864
It was a blue baby run and I need him for greedier. Metronome made me Lazarus and I managed to find the clicker to try and fix it
>>
>>167898058
Because they needed terrible Active items to balance out Void and Smelter.
And then they Nerfed Void from 3 or 4 charges to 6.
And then post-release Nerf of Void so 1-time use Actives are only used once.
But did terrible items like Dataminer and Clicker get a buff of any kind?
Of course not.
>>
>start Judas run
>get fanny pack because of last run's Eden's Soul
>first item room doesn't have an item pedestal, only a bunch of consumables and the safety scissors trinket
>not too long after that, get a gulp pill
Feels great to chomp down on a steak every so often.
>>
>>167898596
>Trinket Item Rooms
I'm still mad.
>>
>>167898058
>break Greed Mode
>Insta Lost win

So cheap people like me can get easy completion marks instead of gitting gud.
>>
What trinkets could just as easily be (and potentially should be) passive items?
>>
>>167899103
A lot of them. And you can just Smelter/Gulp! them
>>
File: 76417059.jpg (65KB, 613x331px) Image search: [Google]
76417059.jpg
65KB, 613x331px
Anybody here that played this game?
If yes how much did you rage while playing it?
>>
>>167895473
Yeah I could not open the game at all. I pressed Tab to disable all 40 mods and the game crashed and the save file got uploaded to the system. Sadly, the way Afterbirth + is loaded, it download the save files even if you disable steam cloud.

So I have to redo everything. Just back up your save file if you wanna play with mods. Back up the Remote files too.
>>
>>167898287
They are interesting items. Not all items have to be game winning. Dataminer is pretty okay since it give you 3 Dollard Bills tears for the room. Clicker is fun to get the passive of other characters. Like you can beat Greed in Greedier, use clicker and get the Lost and beat Greedier mode lost like that.
>>
>>167903552
>use clicker and get the Lost and beat Greedier mode lost like that.
And that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>167903449
That happened to me but I was able to fix it by unsubscribing to the mod that would make it crash

The reason it would crash when disabling is because it altered something on the menu (I believe that was part of the reason)
>>
>>167903834
I tried that too, no luck. There was no mods active, but the remote file was corrupted, and it downloaded it before anything else. Even by erasing the steam cloud data, I could not put my save file backup there. It didnt work.
>>
Roguelite is a made up and forced fake genre.
>>
>>167903552
>Not all items have to be game winning
While I agree, they don't have to be run ruining either.
>>
>>167904074
There is no fake genre. It`s like saying that Rogue Like is a fake genre because it`s just a Strategy RPG game.
>>
>>167904074
FPS is a made up and forced fake genre.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-09 19.33.52.png (340KB, 1543x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-09 19.33.52.png
340KB, 1543x1156px
what choose?
>>
>>167905030
Roll them both, what the fuck.
>>
>>167905030
Use prayer card, then reroll.
>>
>>167904596
Every game described as such by you morons obviously fits squarely into a real category. As obviously as that anyone who uses it has never played Rogue or even an actual roguelike.
>>
>>167905965
I played Roguelike since I`m 8, so yeah I know what a roguelike is. What is the point to argue on a well acknowledged term that everybody know what it meanÉ
>>
>>167905115
>>167905198
>not stem cells
Come on, gotta make most of rubber cement.
>>
>>167906110
You specifically might just be dumb then.
>>
>>167906116
.15 Shot Speed is negligible.
You could roll that Stem Cell into Ipecac.
>>
File: delta rage.jpg (418KB, 479x3225px) Image search: [Google]
delta rage.jpg
418KB, 479x3225px
What the FUCK is the point of shrink shot? hurr sometimes the enemies become super small so you can't hit or fucking see them. this game seems to want to make sure I'm not having fun
>>
Roguelikes are called that, and not Rogue, because they are only like Rogue. Roguelites are called that, and not roguelikes, because they are marketing games to idiots.
>>
>Antibirth
>Blessed Penny
>Pick up a Dime and 3 Half Soul Hearts pop out
BASED.
>>
>>167906525
You can kill shrunken enemies by stepping on them
>>
>>167906525
You can step on them, killing them instantly.
>>
>>167906390
It add's up.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-09 20.32.38.png (396KB, 1543x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-09 20.32.38.png
396KB, 1543x1156px
Have I reached maximum over meme?
>>
>>167909537
Fuck that. What is this shadow?
>>
>>167906525
God's Flesh is good, step on them except when they are explosive (unless you have Pyromaniac or Host Hat) and champions.
>>
File: 1480209635837.jpg (34KB, 540x733px) Image search: [Google]
1480209635837.jpg
34KB, 540x733px
>>167910175
>>167909537
...What the fuck IS that shadow?
>>
i can now semireliably clear daily challenge
am i a pro necrodancer yet
no i haven't cleared monk or aria yet game is hard
>>
>>167910792
Those look like splintered ribs.
I'd say it was a giant spider except for that one off to the left.
>>
>>167911026
its ribs. Its called the corpse for a reason.
>>
>>167911209
Where have you seen ribs crooked like that?
>>
>>167910954
>haven't cleared Monk or Aria

You better get started then
>>
>>167648276
As much as I give him shit for some really bad mistakes he's a goddamn trooper. There's been a few runs, namely Eve I think, where things have been complete and utter shit and he keeps going. He might be on the brink of insanity and despair and goes on even crazier tangents, but he keeps going.

>>167651631
I can't wait to find that on the Lost.

>>167910954
>he hasn't cleared Monk
Good fucking luck. Aria is as far as I'm going to try, I can't deal with the Bolt's speed.
>>
File: file.png (194KB, 1432x835px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
194KB, 1432x835px
AAAAAAAA I'M FREE FUCK YOU EDMUND
>>
>>167911026
>>167911209
>>167911473
>>167910792
>>167910175

>yfw Grand Daddy Long Legs in The Antibirth update that's never coming
>>
>>167906559
>because they are marketing games to idiots

0/10 bait senpai
>>
>Finished the Marathon daily achievement for the crown
>It unlocked a fuckton of challenges I didn't have yet
>Not actually on the list since I didn't get the criteria for them yet, but are stated as unlocked

Did my save just get diddled?
>>
is it just me or if you don't do all 31 days in a month, it restarts your count the next month for the dedicated achievement?
>>
I come to you in my time of need, /lite/. Post some good songs and/or playlists to bump while I play EtG. Gonna be playin for a good bit so don't hold out on me daddy
>>
File: 800px-IsaacAfterbirth-Titlejp.png (379KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-IsaacAfterbirth-Titlejp.png
379KB, 800x450px
>looking at unused Isaac stuff on tcrf for shits and giggles
>find out that rebirth/afterbirth got these kickass alternate title things
>>
>>167918910
>>find out that rebirth/afterbirth got these kickass alternate title things
in japan*
whoops
>>
>>167913543
Did you respond to that two hours after it was posted?
>>
>>167918732
You want a bunch of relatively short songs or long ass playlists/songs?
I got a bit of both.
>Mish-mash of random "Steampunk" songs, rock, punk, goth, jump, and electro plus vidya one-offs that are great
>Got some of the better Bandcamp lineups, and a few full OSTs that keep you going for hours
>>
>>167918981
Yes, I'm just handing out these (You)'s famalam. Anyone can get them for any reason. >Implying I look at post times in this slow ass thread

>>167919029
Honestly, post both if it's not too much trouble. If you don't feel like it though, Long ass playlist is preferred.
>>
>>167919143
RoR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ypzpl02Rps
Extended Song from Hat in Time's latest trailer on loop: https://listenonrepeat.com/?v=2c1iSpk3u1A#Trainwreck_Of_Electro_Swing_-_A_Hat_In_Time_Remix
First chapter of the New Albion Trilogy: https://mochalab.bandcamp.com/album/the-dolls-of-new-albion-a-steampunk-opera
All I got atm, don't got my extended list at the moment and it's 1 in the morning.
>>
>>167919257

Appreciate it. This looks like some good stuff.

>Steampunk opera
>Electro Swing

some 10/10 taste u got there luv u
>>
>>167919560
U r geigh.
No problem, friend. I love to help where I can.
>>
Someone should make an updated NT progress sheet for Ultra.
>>
>>167919715

The Dolls Of New Albion is an absolute treat. Thanks for sharing this.
>>
>>167922119
No problem Anon.
I've listened to the whole set (If you're wondering where NA7 is, it's in Fairy Tales for the Lost and Wandering) well over a hundred times. There's so many little details you miss the first time through and for quite a few after, I just get fucking lost in it all.
Sleep well, Anon.
>>
>>167918732
I've just been putting stuff I like on, but Gungeon works surprisingly good with relatively mellow stuff, weird as that sounds.

https://vanillabeats.bandcamp.com/album/origin
>Mellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZSXc6wH0A
>Built to spill, Perfect From Now On is probably the better album but I've been listening to this one lately more

https://lone.bandcamp.com/album/levitate
Really all of Lone's stuff works, but Galaxy Garden and Levitate in are particularly good here.

https://inlovewithaghost.bandcamp.com/album/discography-2015
>More mellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmcpl55pWu8
>FIDLAR, loud

https://pelican.bandcamp.com/album/australasia
>Instrumental metal, sort of loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYIAy4uF3UI&list=PLTUlTwlsdlFQAZ8-ltP5UPJehYwCn6xOx
>Rid of Me by PJ Harvey, loud angry 90s chick rock

https://zankyorecord.bandcamp.com/album/mudy-in-squall
>loud jap instrumental shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXPGzkI9Cw8&list=PL1XI_oIF-2R_eZS8pwbOOhNXPscMvVafg
>Loud american instrumental shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_ayjXr1Lk
>Japanese girl-fronted math

https://thehotelier.bandcamp.com/album/home-like-noplace-is-there-2
>Screamy emo

https://asiwyfa.bandcamp.com/album/and-so-i-watch-you-from-afar
>American instrumental rock

https://midwestcollective.bandcamp.com/album/odyssey
>Mellow

I uh, have a lot of music.
>>
File: 1451948998063.png (541KB, 665x709px) Image search: [Google]
1451948998063.png
541KB, 665x709px
What did you guys do to roguelike general?? Give it back now!
>>
>>167922481
We're just /mu/ing out for background music. Calm your titties.
>>
File: allthisfuckingmusic.png (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
allthisfuckingmusic.png
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>167922375

God damn, that is a lot of music to comb through, and now I have to listen to it all. I hope you're happy because I am

Also now my browser looks like this. Absolute madness.
>>
File: thetunescarriedmethisfar.png (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thetunescarriedmethisfar.png
521KB, 1920x1080px
>>167923501

First run of the night going pretty well, I'm pretty sure he doesn't stand a chance, especially with all these tasty tunes. Been a while since I've played Convict.
>>
>>167922676
But that still doesnt answer my question..
>>
File: notevenclose.png (495KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
notevenclose.png
495KB, 1920x1080px
Not even close baybee
>>
File: file.png (9KB, 240x94px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 240x94px
WE OUTCHEA
>>
File: Tired coffee Link.png (360KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
Tired coffee Link.png
360KB, 840x840px
>>167923501
>Implying
I have around 30 tabs open usually.
>>
>>167932232

Sounds like suffering. I wouldn't be able to keep track of anything. I already moved all those tabs into a bookmarked folder for later.
>>
>>167923501
Very nice bookmarks there, DarkAuraLord.
>>
>>167933069

Oh no, I've been exposed! pls no bully
>>
I guess I will ask it here
It's not possible to use antibirth on BoI n3DS using this right?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-binding-of-isaac-pc-console-mod-converter.441276/
>>
>>167932316
I basically open anything I see that I want to hear/read/look at in a new tab, then get to it when I've gone through whatever I'm looking at currently.
The number goes in 'waves', where sometimes it's rock bottom (only regular generals open) and sometimes it's near 50 (can't even see what the tabs are and literally NEED to close some).
>>
So I take it the new Devolver gun is more or a joke or novelty weapon. Constantly morphing enemies into other enemies feels like a waste of time and ammo.
>>
>>167935649
>/a/
>/b/
>/mu/
>/v/
cringe
>>
>>167935750

>So I take it the new Devolver gun is more a joke or novelty weapon

Not really, it can be pretty damn useful at times, but it's not even close to being on level with some of the amazing weapons in the same tier (Scrambler, Shotgrub, Glacier to name a few). It specifically morphs them into shit with less HP, which means it can actually save you a lot of ammo depending on how you use it and what you target with it. It's biggest downfall in my opinion is that it's pretty random as far as when the effect triggers. Definitely don't use it to kill things, use it to morph powerful enemies into weaker shit, and then swap to a different gun and dispose of them.
>>
>>167935649

T-that's a lot tabs...you really weren't joking.spooky

>>167935996
>cringe

I love this meme.
>>
>>167936180
do you want me to say that it's autistic and people like this are subhumans?
cringe is simply more convenient.
if you post your bookmarks on an anonymous imageboard, don't get pissy when you get shit
>>
>>167936269
Nigger I didn't say anything, that was the other guy who I was replying to
I don't have any defence for my bookmarks other than the fact that they work as bookmarks apart from that list of Bleach filler episodes, I haven't watched Bleach in around 5 years
>>
>Play Robot
>Every other room drop is a heart or half heart
This happens way more for Robot than the other characters in my experience. Also, holy shit Robot is tough to play as. Armor is hard to come by so every mistake is punished severely compared to the other characters who have heart pick ups to fall back on.

Even Captcha doesn't like the robot.
>>
>>167937696

Yeah Robot is a rough time, but once you git gud he's not too terrible. His starting loadout is actually surprisingly powerful, battery bullets was buffed so it provides an accuracy increase now, which makes it universally good across all weapons. It also has some interesting syngegy with certain weapons. For example, a Cannon Barrel and Glacier become pretty nice, since they create water puddles. Mega Douser goes from being something that's basically only a knockback / bungee weapon to something that can set up a gigantic electrical field across the entire room and deal some nice damage to every enemy that's grounded. He's definitely a character that stresses high skill, perfecting bosses is really important, and taking minimal damage from clearing the floor so you have more money to buy armor from the shop is also a big deal. Also, go to oubliette, even if you don't plan on going to temple, The Relic down there is free armor and it's not too hard of a floor.
>>
File: qt delirium.png (16KB, 307x271px) Image search: [Google]
qt delirium.png
16KB, 307x271px
someone post a supply drop or amplified download pls
I'll post delirium lewds in exchange
>>
>>167938248
how about you stop being a filthy pirate
it's not like no one knows where to find your shitty delirium porn
>>
>>167938283
no bullying pls ill report you to the cia
>>
File: 1446335792_Best ship0_6.png (85KB, 706x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446335792_Best ship0_6.png
85KB, 706x700px
Did /lite/ make ships for ftl like me?
>>
>>167938407
no seriously go away
it's not even fucking expensive, supply drop is free and amplified is 7 goddamn dollars
unless you live in fucking brazil or something, you can definitely afford that

>>167938474
i tried to make one a long time ago, didn't work out too well
>>
>>167903683
Wait, I can kill the boss, Clicker into another character and when I jump into the chest and end the run, I get the achievement for the new character?
>>
File: 1446159097_Engiship3.png (83KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446159097_Engiship3.png
83KB, 700x700px
>>167938553
Why didn't it work out anon?
>>
File: Slug something.png (53KB, 594x463px) Image search: [Google]
Slug something.png
53KB, 594x463px
>>167938657
i'm shit at coding and the ship was supposed to have a gimmick artillery
here's how it looked, i mashed it from other slug ships
>>
How exactly do you deal with Dragun's knives? If you don't have a high DPS weapon those things are going to be adding to the bullet patterns for at least a couple of attacks.
The slow breath attack thing he does also baffles me. How the hell do you dodge that? I keep reading that people say he's easy, but unless you have a really powerful gun the harder attacks of his whittle you down.
>>
File: 1444059053_slug ship color3.png (81KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1444059053_slug ship color3.png
81KB, 700x700px
>>167938780
Thats a shame, it looks pretty cool. I never created my own weapons, just ships in gimp. I never mashed any ships together either. Slug life.
>>
>>167938248
Post link pls.
Need a new tf2 spray.
>>
>>167939047

The knives are a bitch, but honestly, if you're at dragun without high damage weapons without ammo reserved on the back burner to deal with him, you've already fucked up. Strategically sectioning off guns for boss fights is a very crucial part of the game. Even if you don't have a way to quickly eliminate them, if you've been playing well, you'll have leeway to get hit, and probably blanks to clear out bullets before things get too hairy while you dps them down.

The slow breath attack is actually very easy to dodge once you understand it. There are gaps in the breath attack you can step in between, keep moving right while he does it until you can step into the gap, then dodge roll left through the breath.

I can maybe record a fight against him to kinda show some of the strategy if the explanation is a bit unclear.
>>
>van comes in
>2 elite shielders and 2 elite inspectors
xD
>>
>ring of courage now breaks
RYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
>>
>>167940510
>Reserving guns
Its a terrible habit of mine where I just use them in tough rooms. Unless its something amazing like the Railgun.
>>
>>167940510
Wait, so with Dragun you really do need high damage guns to ensure a win? That's a bit annoying, but with a guarenteed gun on every floor odds are something good will show up on the way down, especially when the sewers are taken.

>look up people fighting the Dragun on youtube
>it never uses knives in conjunction with other attacks in any of the videos. Ever.
Lucky shits. He uses the knives constantly for me.
>>
>the Lost run to witness, last one and I'm free from no-fun-allowed general which is lost
>mom's knife plus 11 lives, reached corpse
>go in curse room, it's with spiders, fuck it up, can't leave room now without dying
>"whatever I have 11 fucking lives"
>late realisation comes that I got lazarus rags before dead cat
>it's now lazarus run

I think it's pretty dumb system that game counts completion and unlocks for character who ends the run, not starts it.
1) It's not fair towards most characters since you can't transform into anyone but judas/lazarus/the lost
2) All three have mechanic "trade life for additional bonus" (I know respawning as lost is not fucking bonus, but still, he gets to do all devil deals for free, and a flight, not sure about mantle and spectral tears) which encourages wasting this life early on, since that single point of health gives rather thin chance at killing whatever finished you, better to die in basement and accumulate health with help of given bonus
3) You still has to find those items and get them as another character
4) Leaving unlocks out of the picture, there is no reason not to take extra life item, especially before finding dead cat
>>
>>167949951
Why the FUCK would you ever grab Laz Rags as Lost?
>>
>>167949951
nigga the lost isn't even hard with the holy mantle and the alt+f4 exploit
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/590380/
What does /lite/ think about this?
I never pre-ordered a game, but if they let me then I will absolutely do it.
>>
>>167635568
This fucking weekly
>>
>>167950712
Reminds me of a flash game I played once and greatly enjoyed.
>>
>>167949865
Eh, honestly, what you need more than anything to ensure a dragun kill is to just play consistently well. If you make it to floor 5 and you've taken like 10 hits over the course of the entire run, you probably aren't going to lose, and you're basically guaranteed to have plenty of strong weapons capable of clearing rooms and killing the boss. There's a guaranteed gun on every floor through the two chests spawned, there are shops to use for keys and extra guns, there are special shops that have specific pools of items that contain some of the best shit in the game (Trorc, Prof. Goopton, and Cursula all jump to mind immediately) and you're incredibly likely to get powerful weapons from the bosses on each floor if you can perfect them. All of that isn't even taking into account having good fortune and finding things like The Fallen Angel shrine, Room Clear rewards that spawn chests, extra money, and keys, and my two personal favorites, winchester and demon doors (though demon doors are far more of a rare occurrence).

You can also game the system by accruing curse, as jammed enemies award more shells when killed. Pretty much anything past Blobulord is a nuisance to deal with if you're forced to gun it down with your starter pistol or some shitty D tier gun, but if you play well, I can confidently say that it's damn near impossible to end up in a scenario where Dragun's knives are too much to deal with. Some of the best DPS guns in the game are C tier, and even D tier guns can become stupidly overpowered with the right combinations of items.

sorry if that came across as a long winded as fuck way of saying "git gud" just trying to give my perspective as a player that regularly ends up with 3-5 A/S tier weapons a run and tons of other B and C tier guns/passives.
>>
>Get the Yari Launcher
>Perfect first 4 floors
>Roll into a bullet on phase 2 of dragun
I want to die.
>>
>>167951495

>he got hit on phase 2 of dragun

you had already dodged the hard part anon, cmon...

Sorry for your Lead God loss
>>
>>167950712
It looks decently polished and is by the makers of FTL so it will probably be pretty good. Only the turn based combat could be badly made but we'll see once it's released.
>>
>>167950712

it looks like fire emblem with mechs, and considering that FE died and became a waifu simulator I think I might wanna give this a try.
>>
>ballet shoes also prevent you from losing multiplier on any invalid moves
holy shit every boss is easy to perfect now
>>
What's the actual Devil Room appearance chance for clearing the entire floor without taking red heart damage? It sure as hell isn't 99%.
>>
>>167953389
It's 100% until you get your first Devil Deal.
Then it's 33% and you lose 90% of it on taking Red HP damage.
It increases by 33% per floor until you get an Angel or Devil Deal and then it gets cut in half.
>>
>>167953389
100%, but if you've seen a devil room in recent floors it's gonna be 1/3 or 2/3 of that.

>>167953192
yeah, but you're missing out on shit like levitation
>>
>finally make it to the Robots past through luck and good guns
>fucking Sarah Connor kills me at the last second

Oh well, looks like I recreated Terminator after all.
Still annoyed though.
>>
File: 1429300853718.png (287KB, 671x560px) Image search: [Google]
1429300853718.png
287KB, 671x560px
Let's say I wanted to try out afterbirth and afterbirth+ via torrents. Does one have to install each update, or only the latest update for Afterbirth and Afterbirth+?
>>
>>167953627
nigga robot's left hand drains her health so fast, not to mention you got 2 blanks
>>
>>167953878
I kept fumbling due to the pressure. Next time I'll probably take her, the Terminators she summons were the nasty bit.
>>
>>167954056
Robot is a nice way to git gud at Gungeon. You need to learn dodging well because armour is rare so fucking up has harsher consequences. But if you get to his past once you can do it again.
>>
>>167953878
She's got low health and the gun is great, but the bullet patterns and the adds she spawns fill the screen with bullets. If you're unlucky she can completely fuck you.
>>
>>167953507
yeah i know it's a crutch, i just hadn't realized how strong of a crutch it was. do they keep aria/coda from dying?
>>
>>167955292
i think they do, so if you get them + heavy glass armor while it's bugged you're literally invincible as aria
>>
>>167955292
>>167955441
Aria/Coda can't find ballet shoes because fuck you.
>>
>>167953485
No wonder why Goat Head is a thing
>>
File: 1474172374314.png (134KB, 1274x704px) Image search: [Google]
1474172374314.png
134KB, 1274x704px
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
what are some good eraser targets?
>>
>>167962298
Spiders
>>
>>167962298
Any Whipper variant if Mausoleum 1.
Those big ass worms that occasionally have boneheads riding them.
Those yellow fly things in Downpour or the Leeches, either/or, also nullifies their spawner version.
>>
File: 20170210152847_1.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170210152847_1.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>
where the FUCK is my antibirth update
i'm pretty sure that killburn legit died or something
>>
>>167962690
The fuck is that? Randomized items mod?
>>
File: previewfile_854046198.jpg (163KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
previewfile_854046198.jpg
163KB, 512x512px
>>167962868
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854046198
>>
>>167963089
Neat.
Also, I just noticed that you're using Antibirth's missingHUD in >>167962690, is that another mod or is the item mod compatible with Antibirth somehow?

Captcha: isec BLVD
>>
File: previewfile_840270080.png (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
previewfile_840270080.png
54KB, 800x800px
>>167963338
It's a mod also
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840270080
>>
Does anyone know how secret rooms in gungeon work? The wiki is useless. Do they spawn on every floor? Are there limitations to where they can spawn? Can you shoot any part of the wall to reveal the crack, or does it have to be exactly where the passage is? I'm sick of running into every room on a floor and practically emptying an entire gun on the walls for nothing.
>>
File: snipershrug.gif (943KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
snipershrug.gif
943KB, 300x271px
>>167963521
Ah. Was kinda hoping it wasn't a mod, because I already refunded AB+ a long time ago and don't feel like giving my money back to le ebin steakman.
Oh well.
>>
>>167963584
Why would you even bother? Secret Rooms are almost entirely worthless for the amount of effort needed.
>>
>>167963715
I figure if I have 1-2 blanks left after killing the boss and a weapon I don't care about spending ammo for, I might as well go for it.
>>
>be Keeper
>get shit for damage upgrades the whole run
>end up with Mom's Knife and 1.15 speed and Broken Stopwatch with 9Volt

If I pull this off, I have been blessed with good RNG!
>>
>>167955897
give eli bomb helmet
>>
>>167963685
Any mods that aren't graphical aren't going to be compatible with anitbirth and even then I'm not completely sure if graphic ones even are yet.
>>
File: 20170210235220_1.jpg (204KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210235220_1.jpg
204KB, 1366x768px
spooky
>>
File: 20170210160319_1.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170210160319_1.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
This sprite is cool
>>
Should I play Afterbirth for a while before I get AB+? I played a lot of Rebirth on my vita, but I've barely touched the game on my PC.
>>
File: 45fdfa3662-1486760811093.jpg (172KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
45fdfa3662-1486760811093.jpg
172KB, 1500x844px
Should I take dead cat and then waste a life for maw or just keep my 2 health
>>
>>167965710
what the fuck are you playing this game on?
>>
>robot
>chamber 1
>green chest: heart bottle
>black chest: gilded hydra
>>
>>167966070
nice jojo reference /b/rother xd
>>
File: cc4af7cb96-1486761406510.jpg (300KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
cc4af7cb96-1486761406510.jpg
300KB, 1500x844px
>>167966017
pc
>>
>>167966404
>>167965710

Why is the resolution such shit?
>>
>>167966179
But that's gurren lagann.
>>
>>167966785
*brohoofs*
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>167966653
I think he's editing the pictures before posting them, I think he's using that "content awareness scale" thing or whatever it's called
>>
>>167963584
Some pointers:
>They mostly appear in chest rooms, it's where I find 80% of my secret rooms
>shoot the middle of a walls with anything other than the starting gun
>if a crack appears after a couple of shots, blank to enter
>they are not guarenteed to spawn
>sometimes they're in the shops. If you have spare blanks, it can pay to fire one there, just don't fire normal guns or the guy will get pissed
>sometimes they spawn in the exit elevator room too.

It's random whether they contain something great or just a single half heart, so don't go out of your way from them. Finding one with a green chest and set or armour is rare.
>>
File: 60905245a7-1486762583359.jpg (225KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
60905245a7-1486762583359.jpg
225KB, 1500x844px
>>167966996
>>167966653
Yea I am
I wonder if a content aware scale mod could be possible
>>
>>167967550
They can be in random rooms too, but that isn't common and is a waste of your ammo to run around shooting every wall. Concentrate on checking chest rooms and exit elevators instead. They're coded to appear in them the most.
>>
>>167967937
>the claustrophobia of isaac
>>
>>167967937
>new pill that gives you content aware scale
>is neutral
>>
>one of the AB+ achievements i have left is to do a month of dailies

oh fuck no, not doing this even if I can just die instantly

how do i unlock everything on my save file
>>
>>167967937
>>167968592
Yeah, it could work, but make it worthwhile.
>Grey Mushroom "Sharp and crisp!"
>1 second cooldown
>On use, increase your Attack Damage by 4+Number of uses for the rest of the room
>On use, apply a content awareness scale
>>
>>167970891
So literally like the black mushroom active from antibirth but with content awareness?
>>
>its an anon pretends he is northernlion and commentates his own gameplay episode
>>
Man, I hate the bloody scarf. I get that it's probably super powerful and makes it really hard to get hit, but I keep on trying to dodge roll just for the iframes and end up teleporting into another bullet instead half the time.
>>
>>167635568
>finally unlock robot
>run going really well
>beat dragun
>dragged into bullet hell
WHY, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS
>>
>>167973140
you forgot to get the past killing bullet from the blacksmith
>>
>>167973324
i had it, i just didn't go to bullet hell before
>>
>Everybody talking about Bullet Hell and shit
>17 hours in and I just beat the first character's past

Fuck, I suck at this. And it's not going to get any better because I did it with Marine and I honestly don't like the other 3 that much
>>
>>167973546
How many pasts you killed?
>>
File: 4cb2d89f3c880bbfc8a52435c8cb829e.png (182KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4cb2d89f3c880bbfc8a52435c8cb829e.png
182KB, 1919x1080px
Can he do it?
>>
File: Untitled.png (924B, 66x65px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
924B, 66x65px
>>167965360
>A white Goat Head with Mutant Spider face and Apple
Neat.
>>
>>167974024
I didn't kill anyone's past for ~60 runs, so you are probably doing fine.
>>
>>167974935
I killed more than a few runs just trying to get all that shit down there, especially the primer.

I don't have to collect all of that for the others right?
>>
>>167975078
Once you have the bullet, you just have to talk to the blacksmith, regardless of which character you're playing.
>>
i watched TotalBiscuit play Brut@l on stream and noticed that he became DSP

>wow the fire on the floor deals fire damage?
>wow you have to try to dodge arrows, this is bad design
>some potions have negative effects, i hope they change that
>i died after i made a mistake? this game is just bad
>>
>>167976296
Biscuit has been a huge prick for a couple of months now.
Cancer does that to you.
>>
>>167976296
who is totalbiscuit and why should i care about his cancerous opinions?
>>
>>167976594
a dying youtube game critic who tries to ruin games by playing them for an hour and teling the developers to change everything because he thinks he is better
>>
File: 20170210183953_1.jpg (134KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210183953_1.jpg
134KB, 1366x768px
I need to win this run to get 5 Nights at Mom's.
Dare I take this?
>>
>>167977659
Yeah.
If anything, it'll just make your life easier.
>>
>>167977659
do it or no balls
>>
>>167974219
4. I knew I'd unlock bullet hell, not that it would force me there the run after.
>>
File: considering.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
considering.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>Need to unlock Loki's Horns
>Finally find Lokii
>Kill him without much trouble
>Boss music is still going
>No unlock pops up
>Challenge 11 remains locked

Well gee looks like i'm never going 100%
>>
are there any isaac eden streakers who dont have to game break every single run?

every fucking person i watch has their runs last like an hour and theres no more challenge anymore. maybe i might i just watch speedrunners as dumb as they are
>>
File: 1485983390856.jpg (45KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485983390856.jpg
45KB, 320x480px
are there any roguelites right now worth playing except the Gungeon, Throne and Isaac?
help me out guys
>>
>>167980272
Our Darker Purpose is always worth playing.
>>
>>167980272
Those three are just the most popular.
I absolutely recommend FTL.
>>
>>167980272
dredmor and FTL
>>
>>167980431
>I absolutely recommend FTL.
played it, way too much RNG for me bruh
>>
>>167980801
>>167980272
also necrodancer
>>
The lamb was kind of disappointing. Then again a lot of bosses in rebirth are boring compared to most antibirth bosses.
>>
File: 20170210192552_1.jpg (182KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210192552_1.jpg
182KB, 1366x768px
>>167977793
>>167978074
>Started out with Dunce Cap
>Mom's Knife and Dead Cat in Devil Deal
>Loop Caves 2 twice because 5 pip Dice Room
>get Headless Baby Empty Vessel
>Steven
>Meat
>Ditched Compost for Satanic Bible
>get double Steam Sale
>Car Battery
>Sac Dagger
>Hive Mind
>Host Hat
Nice.
>>
>>167664785
not really
>>
>>167981452
Told ya.
>>
File: 20170210192948_1.jpg (178KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210192948_1.jpg
178KB, 1366x768px
>>167981521
>FUCKING INSTANTLY TELEPORTED TO VOID ON KILLING MOM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>167981668
I hate that shit. I don't get why it's a thing.
>>
>>167981668
CHEW
SLOWER
>>
>>167981406
I don't think I've ever lost against the guy. I'm pretty sure The Dark Room is supposed to be waay easier than the chest, so it kind makes sense.
>>
Did we ever compile a list of items to unlock in order in order to make the chewing process as easy as possible?
>>
>>167982190
Nope.
>>
>>167982232
aww shiet. Guess I'll have to do it myself.
>>
File: 20170210194153_1.jpg (215KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210194153_1.jpg
215KB, 1366x768px
>>167982024
>>167981836
>tfw Delirium is in the first room you go into
Fuck Delirium-Fallen and his spin Brimstone spam.

Anyway, cleared out the rest of the Void. Now this decides it.
>>
File: 20170210194443_1.jpg (63KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210194443_1.jpg
63KB, 1366x768px
D E S T R O Y E D
>>
>>167980329
>Forget I own that
>Boot it up for the first time
Wow, this isn't fun at all.
>>
>>167982786
>this isn't fun at all
That's like, your opinion. I very much enjoy when I get the ball rolling.
>>
>>167982785
What a prize!
>>
>>167918732
my go to while rogueliting is still vip.aersia.net. i assume everyone has seen it by now, but maybe not
>>
>>167982903
I don't like the art direction. I understand wanting to look like Edward Gorey, but everything has so few frames of animation that it feels like a flash game more than anything. It's also hard to tell what you can interact with in a meaningful way and what's just part of the room. I mean, this is after like.. 10 minutes of play but I am probably not going to play it again unless I get really bored of Isaac, NT, and EtG.
>>
>>167983228
Fair enough, I suppose.
I rather think the limited frames are fine.
>Interact
It's literally just Chests, Vending Machines, Items, and Consumables.
The downside to early runs of ODP is that the game features a heavy out-of-run Progression system relating to unlocking more items and more bonuses and the fact you can't even beat the game for real until you've cleared the first 3 major Bosses, which takes an absolute minimum of 3 separate runs.
>>
>>167691239
You're not the boss of me, now!
>>
I miss the old overpowered lucky foot.
>>
Are pills ever worth using?
>>
>>167983139

>"maybe I'll go check this out"
>scroll up
>1115 tracks

mother of god. Thanks, I did in fact, not know about this.
>>
>>167989037

>He doesn't always use unknown pills even if it could teleport him inside a curse room while he only has one heart
>>
>>167989037
If you have Virgo or PhD, it's 100% safe to take a pill. If you have two of the same pill , I'd suggest it, as if it's a dud you get a minus but if it's solid you'll get a 2-up, so it's worth it.

Alternatively, if you have Mom's Bottle Of Pills it's worth it, as the way it works out you'll know usually your entire pool by your fourth floor using it.
>>
>Ring of Courage: removed +1 damage
Well that's a shame. I didn't really think the ring was that overpowered unless you were going for a speedrun.
>>
>playing spelunky
>get lucky and have enough cash to buy a shotgun
>first time getting it super excited
>accidentally kill shopkeeper while testing it
Fuck. How screwed am I? I'm pretty new at this game, first time killing a shopkeeper.
>>
>>167992046
Never mind killed myself on some spikes :(
>>
File: 20170210214617_1.jpg (150KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170210214617_1.jpg
150KB, 1366x768px
Hey lemme in goddamnit!
>>
>>167992046
my nigga, i just reinstalled this the other day
>>
>>167992046
If you could actually get anywhere, you'd be turbo-fucked out of the true ending.
If map aware, fine in terms of Shopkeepers.
>>
>>167992046
>level with Kali's altar
>nothing to sacrifice
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>167992884
>activate giant ball trap in mines
>evade it
>hits a shopkeeper offscreen
>die
JUST
>>
File: 1458809452979.gif (138KB, 211x512px) Image search: [Google]
1458809452979.gif
138KB, 211x512px
>Samson run
>Downpour 2
>Have enough bombs to get into mines
>For some reason, instead of the mines door, another boss door shows up
>Since I've seen it happen before, I know it'll lead me to an early Witness fight
>Say "fuck it" and go in
>Actually manage to beat the first form
>Pause game to get some music to play during the second form
>Computer shuts off because it's a piece of shit and can't handle me playing something for more than an hour
>Mfw
>>
>>167992224
if this happens and you cant go through, try coming in from the top right
>>
>>167994054
>and now it's back to being the normal Mines door
Well, at least I got an angel room this time.
>>
Who are some of the higher skill Gungeon video makers/streamers? I'd be curious to see play from better players.
>>
is Isaac suddenly not working on Linux for anyone else? I've wasted an hour troubleshooting it to do the daily, going to do wine now.
>>
>>167994556
Cobalt and Richard Hammer are probably the best of the notable players, but as far as the actual "best" I have no idea. I'd be very curious to watch some high level gungeon play to learn what I'm doing wrong on a macro level, though.
>>
File: 20170210220539_1.jpg (276KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170210220539_1.jpg
276KB, 1680x1050px
Did it boys

>Alpha bullets with crossbow and stinger

Dragun wasn't that bad either, two past kills in one day hopefully assuming I don't beef it against whatever Pilot's past is

>Was trying to get junk for the 4th floor shortcut
>Actually unlocked nearly every chest
>>
>>167997984
I beefed it

B-but hey at least I got the time paradox achievement

Had to get that eventually
>>
>>167992183
Happens to the best of us.
>>
>>167998227

Don't feel bad, Pilot's past is the most difficult of the 4 (at least imo). Besides, you made it there once, you can do it again. Pilot's past took me like 3 or 4 attempts I'm pretty sure.
>>
Ultra Hard challenge is literally impossible
>>
>>168001095
Annoying as hell and misery incarnate, yes.
Impossible, no.
>>
File: 1455227280751.jpg (34KB, 708x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455227280751.jpg
34KB, 708x768px
>"Gotta meat em all"
>"Gotta lick em all"
>"Gotta fetch 'em all!"
>"Gotta catch 'em all?"
>"Gotta catch em..."
>MFW

I like how the latest one, for Poke Go (anyone else feel that this item is just way out of place in Isaac?) ends in an ellipsis, as if Edmund understands the joke is fucking dead and notices that everyone's rolling their eyes before he even finishes the statement.
>>
File: 1406568495850.png (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1406568495850.png
177KB, 800x600px
>>167767251
>Alternate floors pseudo-antibirth style
>But all the chests on those alternate floors always contain passive items
>>
File: file.png (67KB, 325x275px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
67KB, 325x275px
>Potion S T I L L doesn't give you an extra life as the monk
I would have won like four fucking times by now
>>
File: Rerun.png (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Rerun.png
1MB, 2560x1600px
So I'm trying to do RERUN, does it matter where I finish on the lost run? Cause I have yet to do Hush and Delirium as lost and I think I'd like to take a crack at one and see how I look for the other considering my two algiz runes. I have a tammies head pyro dr fetus right now
>>
>>168005250
What game is this?
>>
>>168007181
Necrodancer

I've done 4-3 a million times by now
>>
>tfw every time you flawless phase 1 of dragun you roll into a fucking bullet in phase 2
It's the easiest fight in the whole game. How do I manage to fuck it up every time?
>>
>>168006784
soooo beat hush, and no achievement apparently. and not feeling confident for delirium. just going to go to the chest on this last one
>>
>>168007294
Oh my fuck, Complete 3 laps AND START THE FOURTH? I ended in the chest...
>>
>>168007642
c h e w
h
e
w
>>
File: 20170211010149_1.jpg (124KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170211010149_1.jpg
124KB, 1680x1050px
>>168000976
Slight improvement over last time. The issue was I kept trying to dodge out of the big side-lasers instead of just stand in it and get a bunch of free hits while dodging an easy pattern.

Also, Sorceress's blessing is pretty fun.
>>
>>168008354
!
Nice job, Pilot, you didn't leave him behind this time

>Also Sorceress's blessing is pretty fun
It's all fun and games until you're balls deep in a dragun fight, and he throws his knives out while you get swapped to a mega douser.
>>
>time for another attempt at Jacob and Esau
I'd almost rather play as Maggy, but she's shit too.
>>
File: thenk.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thenk.png
8KB, 112x112px
>Clicker doesn't remove a death from your death total on the stats screen
>Nobody will understand this reference
>>
>>168011817
>waaah potentially double the DPS is bad
Sounds like you need to git gud.
>>
>>167332929
How the fuck do i survive on abyss, cant even kill cthulhu.

>>167664785
No permadeath to begin

>>167697929
Muh secret characters
Keychains would be better imo.
>>
>>168013070
If damage up crap actually showed up it wouldn't be a problem. They're shit and I can't wait to be done with them.
>>
>>168005250
>shield spell/scroll don't protect you from gold either
>>
>>168014951
Kill dash invincibility doesn't either.
>>
>>168013070

>Potentially double DPS
yeah, no. Only if you get birthright, which, spoiler alert, is an unlock from them. Potentially double items, you could argue, but then you'd need more options or to go alt path.

I don't blame him for hating them. Having two characters is a fucking liability when one of them dying means your run is fucked, they both have seperate health pools you have to manage, and they both have their own hurt boxes. Not to mention how easily it is for them to get separated after you take damage from enemies, especially bombs. Narrow terrain is also an issue as well.
Jacob&Esau are interesting as hell, I think they're an incredibly creative character idea, especially for isaac, but don't act like they aren't a massive pain in in the ass to play.

Also
>Can't hold onto pills and cards

stupid as fuck.
>>
>>168015124
You start with double the DPS, which makes early floors a breeze.
The only bad thing about them is that they can't pick up pills and cards, plus they get stuck onw alls. Everything other than that is great about them.
>>
>>168015283

You START with double the DPS. That's a big difference from just having "potentially double DPS". A majority of your damage doesn't come from your starting stats, and their damage will fall off like anyone else's.

They do have a lot of good things going for them - don't misunderstand me. Double Trinkets can be game breakingly good, two active items, once again, amazing depending on what you find. Hell, Sulfur is straight up broken on them imo. I'm just saying I understand where he's coming from. I don't much care for Jacob&Esau myself. Especially when the other character, Bethany, is so much fun. Jacob&Esau to me, at least, seem like a challenge character done right (as opposed to...you know, fucking Keeper, which isn't).
>>
can someone fucking contact the antibirth dev or something
it's been 10 days since his post
>>
>>168015602

He spent all his money on crack and died.

Antibirth update never
>>
>>168015516
What are the chances of new characters in the booster packs?
Not that interested in new items desu, but new characters with unique mechanics like Jacob or bethany would be fun
>>
is there anything similar to nuclear throne?

i played enter the gungeon and it wasnt as fun
>>
>>168008354
I didn't notice you could sit in the middle to avoid the lasers, so I ended up beating the ship by dodging through them. It was tense, I didn't even know there was a spacebar item either, so this was done with basic lasers.

>>168011497
>getting mega douser during the Dragun fight
I swear that's happened twice now. The game forces all the joke and weak guns on me for his fight.
>>
File: file.png (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
143KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck you, wind mage.

This wasn't even the worst thing to happen to me
>>
>>168018109
>OBSIDIAN CROSSBOW
>even getting in range of wind mages
m8
>>
>>168018201
wait that's the wrong death sorry

i don't even remember what killed me then

still fuck the wind mage though
>>
I'm going for the Undeathly achievement in necrodancer.
Is there a way to quit between runs and take a break?
>>
>>168018034

>The game forces all the joke and weak guns on me for his fight

Yeah, I had a similar experience. Thank god I don't have to do a blessed run again. The light at the end of the tunnel is that if you keep firing, eventually it HAS to swap you to something less shitty, but it can be a massive pain in the ass during Dragun's fight if you haven't been loaded up on good passive items / are carrying a good active. Elder blank is like my holy grail for blessed runs.

>>168017649
>Steakmund actually putting fun characters in the game

like less than 0%.

I have no idea, but the antibirth devs have already tried to contact Tyrone about porting Antibirth shit to AB+ and haven't gotten a response.
>>
File: undeathly attempt.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
undeathly attempt.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Well fuck.
I got way too cocky, had to take a cursed potion, got immediately hit by a golem, then a leprauchen hit me and took away my 7000 fucking gold.
Oh well, I'll manage to do this at some point.
Now I realize I didn't have to take the cursed potion because I had a normal potion, fuck me.
>>
>>167973140
this happened to me, i got the past killing bullet, but it was the first time i'd beat dragun since clearing the pasts of all the four original gungeoneers and couldn't see the portal
I haven't beaten dragun since
>>
File: Confused manga.gif (70KB, 296x335px) Image search: [Google]
Confused manga.gif
70KB, 296x335px
>Looking at random locked achievements (85% done)
>Blinding Baby
>Use The Sun card by activating Blank Card
...why did this need its own achievement and unlock?
>>
>>168022227
jojo reference?
>>
>>168022814
It doesn't mention gay vampires so I doubt it
>>
File: 20170211155659_1.jpg (252KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170211155659_1.jpg
252KB, 1366x768px
i finally made it here
what do i do now?
>>
>>168023715
do your best and try to kill it
saying anything else would ruin the fun
>>
File: 20170211160318_1.jpg (259KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170211160318_1.jpg
259KB, 1366x768px
>>168023765
god fucking damnit
no one told me there would be a second phase
>>
well, i ended up beating the dragun as robot
crown of guns and the ancient hero's bandana + gilded bullets carried me a long way
faced him with 2hp + 1 blank and won
>>
>>168018813
Is that the 10 Cadence wins in a row achievement? No, you have to do it all in one sitting. Make sure you have two two three hours of uninterrupted spare time before you attempt it.
>>
>>168023981
May as well warn you right now:
There's a third and final phase too.
>>
For the current daily: On one level, I think basement 2 or caves, there are two rooms which require a key to open. The upper one near the starting point is a library which contains most books, but you need a key to get to the bible to pick up the other books inside.

You also start with fucking Soy Milk, have fun.
>>
>>168025217
>finally kill the Dragun as Robot
>get to the past
>somehow fuck it up at the last second, even with the powerful gun.
Ugh. I do not want to fight my way back down there as him again. He seems to attract the worst luck, I actually met Door Lord for the first time in 100 hours last attempt. I just scraped a win against him.
>>
>>168023715
congrats on actually upgrading your engines instead of going for the 4th shield, you're already better than most people who own the game
>>
>>168027768
there's no reason to upgrade engines past level 5 though
>>
How's the current Isaac daily?
>>
>>168027793
I think it is, but only right before the flagship fight
it'll help you a shitload in the second phase when your cloak's on cooldown
>>
>>168028138
well yeah, right before the flagship to burn scrap on whatever you can get, sure
but he doesn't have 4 shields or any additional systems
>>
>>168021321
>no armor
>crown of greed

It looks more like you were going for a high score run than the Undeadly achievement.
>>
>>168028002
Shit, see >>168027016.

Ruined my streak.
>>
>>168021321
The shop on the first floor had a ton of good shit, and since I thought the score for undeadly runs was coins combined from all the runs, I thought might as well.
Turns out it's not, which sucks balls but whatever. I'll keep it in mind next time.
>>
File: pre-Amplified deathless.png (84KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
pre-Amplified deathless.png
84KB, 1280x800px
>>168029467
If you're going for the streak for the achievement then you need to play it safe. Pick up equipment with longevity, not stuff that breaks in one hit, and go out of your way to get all the good stuff from the secret shops.
>>
>knockout drops with azazel
Well, I got a new thing to watch out for.
>>
>>167902243
Still stuck on level 7 but faced the core once, i close the program and leave my computer for 5min every time i lose a run.
>>
THAT ONE FUCKING ROOM

WITH THE 4 SPIDERS

THE 2 MUSHROOMS

AND HALF THE ROOM IS A PIT

IT IS GUARANTEED DAMAGE THAT ROOM HAS FUCKING KILLED ME LIKE 3 TIMES NOW
>>
>>168027016
adding to this
floor2 devil deal has death's touch, pretty much a must if you want to survive the womb
you can also get dark judas in one of the devil rooms, kill urself and pick up the body in boss rush to get decent health
I did all this and still died, rip my 4 winstreak and fuck champion parabites
>>
File: 1395615563536.gif (549KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1395615563536.gif
549KB, 360x359px
>>168031496
>it's on hard and 3 of the spiders are champions
>>
So what's everyone's favorite item in Antibirth so far? I'm in the middle of a four way tie at the moment

>Blood Oath
>Almost a guaranteed win with Samson if you have enough heart containers

>Rotten Tomato
>Have you ever seen a Fallen split into two halves and immediately start beating eachother up? I have

>Eye of The Occult
>Damage up, Range up, and a controlled tears function that is great for anyone not named Azazel

>120 volt
>fuck you beezlebub
>>
>>168015124
>Birthright
You forgot that Birthright is still buggy as shit.
>Find Birthright Downpour 1
>Stock up Jacob with everything including 20/20, 2 HP Ups, Small Rock, and like 1 or two other things, it's been a fucking while
>Really just want Esau to have 20/20 and Small Rock
>He gets the HP Ups, the other thing, and nothing else
>>
File: crap.jpg (70KB, 404x362px) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
70KB, 404x362px
>>168022227
As an update, I am regretting finding this achievement because I have seen neither of these things since I read it.
>>
>>168034881
Cool blog.
>>
>>168034948
RNG is pain and I wanted to share it with you.
The pain, that is.
>>
>>168034948
>complaining about discussion on a almost dead general
>>
>>168034881
>>168035136
Your pain does not go unnoticed.
>>
>>168035136
>hurr i'm missing out on a single co-op baby ;(

>>168035197
blogposting is not discussion
>>
>>168035750
>a single co-op baby
And muh 100%.
Or did you forget that's the reason most people play Isaac?
>>
>>168034608
Uranus is the best.
>>
>>168035903
>most people play isaac for 100%
yeah, nah
people play videogames to have fun, there's only a selective group of autists (including myself) that 100%s games
>>
>being forced to fight a boss with 1 health remaining
>actually pulling it off
Nothing like knowing you have to master round a boss.
>>
So, Gungeon players:
What is your favourite gun?
Black Hole Gun here, it might be garbage against bosses, but most normal rooms don't stand a chance against it.
>>
>>167797990
He's the wizard who owned the fortress before it got hit by the sky bullet
>>
>>168040167
I thought he was meant to be the first guy to beat the gungeon.
Doesn't the finisher on the lich imply that the great bullet was the finishing shot fired by the player, which shoots through the time steam, slamming into the gungeon and presumably causing the chaos inside that leads to the lich taking over in the first place?
>>
>>167648276
this is my first NL video

he just never stops talking jesus fucking christ
>>
>>168040716
>youtuber on a gaming channel won't stop talking
i wonder why
>>
>>168040798
even vinny can go 5-10 seconds without saying the first stupid fucking thing on his mind
>>
>>168040107
I guess Smiley's/Shade's revolver.
>>
>>168040716
the worst is when he starts rapping/singing

I understand he has been running this game for a long time and has thousands of hours logged into it, but for fucks sake find something better to talk about than making a shitty freestyle verse on what item you just picked up
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-11 10.10.23.png (398KB, 1543x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-11 10.10.23.png
398KB, 1543x1156px
I love Tammy's head!
>>
>>168040107
Mass shotgun. It's good even on the fifth floor.
>>
>>168040107
Gunther, Blasphemy, or Hexagun (easily gets rid of troublesome jammed enemies). Although with backup gun, Raiden coil is definitely one of my favorites.

I also have a question for Gungeon players, what is your favorite synergy?
>>
So there was an update for Afterbirth+ - any idea what's in it?
>>
>>168041685
yes, it made krampus have a chance to appear after you have already fought him
>>
>>168041798

For what fucking purpose? Is there a changelog somewhere?
>>
>>168041685
last update was like 3 days ago. changed stuff like removed Big Horn's damage scaling, dropped the health of Rag Man, Rag Mega, sister Vis

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Version_History
>>
>>168041569
If it counts, any black chest gun + double vision.
Its rare, but so overpowered, even the Dragun can't last long against this.
>>
>>168040107

I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite gun, there are a lot of good ones. I think if I had to pick one, it'd be either Fightsabre, or Excaliber. I enjoy items that give curse, and both of those are also exceptional bossing weapons on top of giving over 2 / 2.5 curse respectively.
>>
>>168041569
Mega douser and Robot's passive.
Because one of the worst guns in the gane suddenly becomes a BFG, with the entire room taking decent damage.
>>
>>168041867

Looks neat. Apparently, double Steam Sale gets you free Devil stuff; should be interesting.
>>
>>168041798
Does Lump of Coal even stack with itself?
>>
>>168041569

Elder Blank + Sixth Chamber. Even better if I can get blank synergy items after that.
>>
>>168042079
Last time I checked they removed that synergy.
>>
>>168042631

it never was a "synergy" in the sense of the passive automatically working with mega douser, but you can just spray water across the entirety of the map then swap to another gun and fire once.
>>
>>168043082
Oh, I thought that the mega douser triggered battery bullets.
>>
>>168043134

I honestly don't know why it doesn't, but I guess they figured that'd be a little bit silly. Battery bullets has always been in a bit of a precarious spot in terms of balance with some of the guns. it's interaction with The Glacier is proof of that, as the water puddles created by it are significantly reduced in size if you have battery bullets, though they're automatically electrified. Most likely this was done to prevent it from being too powerful.
>>
>>168040547
The finishing shot from the player just blows a little hole in the wall (presumably killing him when he was still just a man), whereas the intro cutscene shows the great bullet to be as big as the fortress itself.
>>
>>168040798
>>168041084
>"the worst is when he starts rapping/singing"
i concur

also for a guy who keeps dropping probabilities he sure doesn't know anything about them
>>
>>168040107
Fossilized gun
Not a very good weapon but it's as distinctive as black hole gun considering you can light entire floors on fire

>>168041569
Ring of triggers and Ibomb app plus compressed air tank as robot
It's the shit
>>
>>168027768
>>168027793
what should i prioritize upgrading?currently im going
lv3 shields>max engine>weapon system for a hueg gun and i usually run out of money at that point
>>
>>168047767
if you don't have enough scrap for level 4 shields, level 5 engines, good enough weapons and additional other systems then you're playing the game wrong
>>
>>168040107
I think the gun that I find the most enjoyable to use is probably the Beholster. It's great for bosses and clearing rooms, and I love having a million followers by the time I'm done clearing out a room.

I also think the AK-47 is a really underrated gun. It's not fancy, but it has a large clip, a lot of ammo, good damage, and low spread. It's a reliable room-clearer for pretty much the entire rest of the game no matter when you pick it up.

Black Hole Gun isn't as bad against bosses as you might think. You can throw it out to clear some space then switch to another gun for damage. It's slow, but pretty safe.
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 152

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.