[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hbg/ Homebrew and Hacking GeneraI Everithing is ok edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 759
Thread images: 101

File: 1485317564040.png (107KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485317564040.png
107KB, 400x540px
Last thread
>>166797913

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-3DS FAQ-
>Hey guys, I'm getting the "Failed to mount CTRNAND” error. Am I fucked?
Read the guide, if after installing a9lh use 9.2 ctrtransfer
>hey guys, i updated/closed the lid while on 2.1 and I didn't make a backup, now I'm fucked. Help?
Brick or meme
>How do I move to a new SD card after I'm done hacking?
Just copy and paste everything.
>Can I play anime games on my american/yurop 3DS?
You can play any game from any region as long as you're running the latest version of Luma (the thing you installed in the guide).

-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: https://3ds.guide/
Wii U: http://pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: http://pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop now has its own website, http://freeshop.pw
-http://soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. https://gbatemp.net/threads/454323
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co
-NDS-Bootstrap looking more promising https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/page-74#post-7042348

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-New VitaShell release. https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Adrenaline, see this post wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/447577
>>
Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for
>>
File: DON'T CLICK THIS.png (604KB, 473x587px) Image search: [Google]
DON'T CLICK THIS.png
604KB, 473x587px
Undub/DQ8 Orchestra/DQ8 Uncensor guy here for another status update.

Regular Bunny finalized as I mentioned earlier, but I now also finished replicating the model and UV map changes on the High Tension model variant as well, so Bunny is now 100% finalized aside from the purple tint texture which is what the other guy will be doing.

I still need to replicate the model and UV map changes for the High Tension variants of the Dancer and Bikini, but after that it's all done for me.
And thankfully that's all very easy job that I can relax to with comfy Persona 5 music in the background.

So brace your butts, today or tomorrow at worst the new and probably final DQ8 release is coming.
>>
what's the best gba emulator for the vita
>>
>>166916016
Obviously this was the only remotely practical way to do it.
Don't know why anyone would expect more.
>>
Anyone know how well Mame/Retroarch runs on 2DS?
>>
>>166916167
>whant to enjoy DQ8 uncensored
>end up with killer queen on your eye and blowing up

tnx man
>>
>>166916492

They think you can inject it into a DSIWare the same way you can inject a GBA game. Obviously they're oblivious to the technical details.
>>
>>166916523
Horribly on anything that isn't N3DS.
And even then not everything works great on N3DS, for example SNES, due to RetroArch not being as optimized as Nintendo's own emulator, and never will be FYI.
>>
can ps3 run all ps2 games?
>>
>>166916562
No, you can't inject it into DSiWare due to fucking saves you goddamn retard.
That was the very first thing that they tried and realized that DSiWare specification is actually much different from cartridges and hence impossible to do DS rom injections into DSiWare.

>>166916674
Only the very first FAT model which had PS2's hardware in it.
All other models use software emulation which is very spotty and quite literally based on an ancient PCSX2 build as the emulator was made by PCSX2's lead coder who quit to work for Sony.

Gimme a sec and I'll find the compatibility list.
>>
>>166916796

Anon, I'm agreeing with you. Read the post again.
>>
>>166916796
even with jailbreak?
>>
>>166916641
I got Gambette for GB and GB Color which runs fine. For anything GBA,I got those injected. For Snes I use Snes9x which I haven't seen anything lag yet. Oh and Nestopia seems to run fine so far.

I was just curious about MAME since my card has around 30gigs of space left.
>>
>>166916674
>>166916796
And to elaborate on the "all other models" statement, that includes newer FAT models that weren't the launch models, as in only the American and JP FAT launch models have PS2 hardware in it. All newer ones including the European one are software-only. Naturally all Slims and Super Slims are software-only as well, but Super Slims aren't even hackable and late life Slim models aren't hackable either.

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulator_Compatibility_List

>>166916962
I did read it, my fault was for not reading the entire chain and thus context. Sorry, it's just the DQ8 shit left me tired.

>>166916989
You literally can only emulate if you have CFW, otherwise you can't emulate anything at all other than Sony's official PS2 Classics which is like 20 games.
>>
>>166917021
I was basically referring to this.

X means it will run like shit and basically unplayable.
* means not everything will be full speed.
>>
anyone running corbenik/skeith here
>>
>>166915838
Some simple questions :
Do I still need e.g 2,6gb to install a 1,3gb cia? (I get you can delete it later)
How can I keep my DLC from fbi? If I update a game I end up needing to download them again, costing me twice the space
>>
>>166917314
yo
>>
>>166917427
>Do I still need e.g 2,6gb to install a 1,3gb cia?
And there will always be "still" because CIA is literally just an installer, for fucks sake CIA stands for "CTR Importable Archive" with CTR being the codename of the 3DS.
There will never be a way to avoid it so don't ask dumb questions.

>How can I keep my DLC from fbi? If I update a game I end up needing to download them again, costing me twice the space
I have no idea what the fuck are you trying to say since I installed countless updates and they never touched any of my DLC.
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

So gents, Switch actual specs and clock speeds revealed.

It is running in much higher clock frequencies when docked contrary to Nintendo's lies.
>>
>>166917674

That's not entirely true. A ROM loader that doesn't require installing games is possible, but nobody cares to invest the effort
>>
File: 1380389796391.png (152KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1380389796391.png
152KB, 500x476px
>>166916167
Was Jessica's outfits the only thing censored ? or was that the last thing you did ? Anyway you're the most based anon.
>>
>>166916167
thanks!
>>
>>166916796
Actually it's because the games read from cartridge. They won't read from SD unless you patch them which is what the current method is doing.
The save problem is just in the same category as the read problem.
>>
>>166918115
ROM Loader is not CIA you doofus, CIA is not a rom to begin with, it's literally a compressed installer which could never be used in real-time as a rom.

Also you technically can load roms with the Shitway payload but not sure if that doesn't require Shitway's red cart, probably does.

>>166918225
More than just Jessica's outfits was censored, Red's design is censored, multiple female NPCs are censored and such. Thing is for Red and NPCs the censorship was basically them just drawing shitty spats on their texture so it was as simple as taking the PS2 texture, adjusting it to 3DS resolution and color correcting to match the darker and more saturated color palette of 3DS version's textures. And the guy who started the project (DarkSynopsis) already did all that in A2 (though he did miss 1 NPC) along with Jessica's costumes that could be fixed this way.

Thing is that some of Jessica's costume censorship was a lot more hardcore and it's impossible to restore PS2 texture and just slap it on. That's where I came in and offered my services by editing the models and making new textures for them, using PS2's original models and textures as reference. So what I did is not as much restoration as recreation while trying to stay as faithful as possible to the originals.

All of the stuff I did as well as the one NPC that DarkSynposis missed will be available in the new version.
Along with High Tension variants.

There are 2 things that are un-restorable though, namely the Super Saiyan hair in High Tension for Eight (protag) which was exclusive to the western PS2 version (all Japanese versions as well as Mobile have a different HT design as per Akira Toriyama's original artwork, SSJ was only done for western marketing), as well as Jessica's titty jiggle physics. The latter isn't censorship but rather outcome of downgrading for 3DS with models not having enough polygons.

>>166918549
I see, to be honest I didn't look all that much into it but now I stand corrected.
>>
>>166918847
You technically can unpack them on-the-fly, mount the archive filesystem then load the binary.
However the entire software stack wasn't designed to do this so you'd have to do a lot of patching.
>>
Thinking about getting a 3.60 Vita. It's my understanding that the OLED is preferable due to the screen quality but the possibility of burn-in worries me. I prefer the OLED screen though. Which Vita do you recommend?
>>
>>166918847
what is this High Tension thing you being toaking about anon?

never played the original DQ8
>>
>>166919079
>>
>>166918847
God, I fell in love with you.
Last thing I need to know, did you work on US game or yurop game ?
I need to know if I'll have to change locale.
>>
>>166918847

Running a .cia directly doesn't really make much sense, but you could run a .cxi straight from the SD card without installing it if you had the right FIRM patches and frontend.
A .cia is just a .cxi with some fluff around it. Installing a CIA amounts to installing its ticket and TMD and then encrypting its .cxi.
>>
>>166919079

I prefer the 2000. If you're going to emulate, certainly get a 2000.
>>
>>166919092
High Tension is a mechanic in the game.
Once you reach a certain Tension threshold of 50 (think Limit Break if you played Final Fantasy), you can either stay at it or have your characters power up, Dragon Ball style where they charge for 2 turns to reach 100 tension, aka High Tension, at which point they transform DBZ style, gaining an aura and with change to hairstyle getting spikier. The spiking up is very tamed in DQ8 compared to DBZ though obviously, the only exception was Western PS2 version where the hero and ONLY hero got literally SSJ hair in high tension.

>>166919192
Models aren't limited to region, we will be releasing the package with just models on GBAtemp just like the previous two versions, which will be usable as NTR patch if you so desire.
If you're asking about the CIA I will be making though, then it will be EU like my previous one.

>>166919072
>>166919560
I'm aware but the amount of patching required is just silly, besides why bother when CIA exists, and retards can still stick to Shitway if they want rom loading.
>>
>>166919959

Convenience. It'd be nice to just throw a file on the SD card and start playing. Convenience isn't worth all that effort though.
>>
>>166919079
OLED, not even a contest.

Burn in isn't exclusive to OLED, every single LCD display be it TN, IPS or OLED can burn in.

The actual thing you need to watch out for with Vita OLEDs is that the OLED's different colors age at different rates.
Blue deteriorates the fastest, green second fastest (almost as fast as blue) while red deteriorates the slowest. It means that the more X hours you use your Vita, the more the organic material in the OLED will deteriorate thus dimming it's equivalent color.
Eventually you will have essentially a red-tinted screen due to blues and greens deteriorating faster than red.

That's why when looking for 1000 Vita you want to make sure it has as little hours clocked on it as possible, kind of like buying a used car and mileage.
>>
File: 1377638693993.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1377638693993.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>166919959
>EU
Perfect.

Let me thank you a million times dude.
>>
>>166920248
You could donate to my PayPal, Like and Subscribe to my Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and support my Patreon :^)
j/k I never take donations and people that ask for them are huge faggots that should be executed because that fucking goes against the whole idea of all this.
>>
>>166920482
>j/k I never take donations and people that ask for them are huge faggots that should be executed because that fucking goes against the whole idea of all this.
At least we can agree on this.
>>
I'm having trouble installing VPK in Vita.

I have installed Henkaku in my vita, I've transfered a VPK using Filezilla to my PSV in the molecularshell but when I try to run it the installation never moves past 0%.

My firmware is of course 3.60 and I've tried downloading two different VPK, one from the pastebin of Danganronpa Ultra Despair girls and another from another site of Akiba's trip, but with the same results. Anyone has met with the same problem, and if so how can I solve it?
>>
>freeshop has music now
neat
>>
Since DarkSynopsis isn't online atm, I can't really work on those Dancer and Bikini quick HT edits, so while I'm waiting for him I'm gonna take a gander and see if I can replace the tracks that are still synth with their orchestral PS2 variants.
>>
I have a 6.60 PSP
any reason to update to 6.61
>>
>>166921368

Not really by itself, but Infinity will update you there anyway if you choose to use it.
>>
How well does Genesis Plus GX run on a N3DS as opposed to a O3DS?

Basically, can it run games faster than 20fps?
>>
Has anyone tested Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix in ARK? I'm considering switching from Adrenaline.

>>166919079
Get the slim. Burn in isn't that serious, but actual degradation of the screen is unavoidable. It'll happen at some point.
>>
Anyone using a USB drive for Wii U games?

If so, which model?

how long have you been using it for?

any issues?
>>
>>166919959
>If you're asking about the CIA I will be making though, then it will be EU like my previous one.
Not that region really matters anymore but is the uncensored USA one now obsolete? The one from 3dsiso.
>>
>>166922195
Yes.
>>
File: mxDh00I.png (105KB, 541x548px) Image search: [Google]
mxDh00I.png
105KB, 541x548px
Good news, DarkSynopsis the aussie woke up and is now doing the high tension color correction.
>>
So how do I go about installing FE Fates? I can only get one path from the Freeshop, not the DLC.
>>
>>166923572
You download the Special Edition from 3DSISO.

Too bad the game is still censored garbage and you should be waiting for the fantranslation of JP version to get finished instead.
>>
>>166923683
Censored? rip
How bad is it?
>>
>>166923729
Have you been living under a fucking rock? It's completely butchered. Why do you think people are fantranslating the JP version from scratch? Because the English release is unsalvageable.
>>
File: 1456287909346.jpg (305KB, 963x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1456287909346.jpg
305KB, 963x1584px
>>166923729

Censorship consists of:

>most of the writing is changed to adjust ages (AKA Midori isn't ~13 anymore, Elise isn't 10-14, etc) along with removing innuendos and such
>supports massively changed, to the point of pic related existing for example
>swimsuits removed
>petting minigame removed
>some characters received a complete rewrite (Effie is no longer "gentle giant who wants to eat often", she's now "DUDE DO YOU EVEN LIFT")

You can fix this for the most part by using the fan translation. So far it's at 100% for all routes and maps, and 100% done for all female/female supports, 55% done for female/male supports, and 25% done for male/male supports.

You can apply the fan translation and uncensorship patches to a US copy, which will then make it so that anything that isn't fan translated will default to the NoA translation.
>>
>>166923512
>that mad bunny jessica

muh dik
>>
>>166924047
>You can apply the fan translation and uncensorship patches to a US copy
No you can't, you only could do it with old and very oudated version of the fantranslation, and it was causing issues.
Newer versions can only be applied to the JP version and they dropped the concept of making the fantranslation compatible with US/EU release entirely due to the issues it was creating.
>>
>>166924227

>Newer versions can only be applied to the JP version and they dropped the concept of making the fantranslation compatible with US/EU release entirely due to the issues it was creating.

That's for the best anyway, since they couldn't restore the petting minigame.

Anyway, it's basically done by this point, so you can definitely go play it. All the "common" pairs are fully translated, so you're only missing out on some obscure/odd pairings in terms of supports.
>>
>>166924317
>Anyway, it's basically done by this point, so you can definitely go play it. All the "common" pairs are fully translated, so you're only missing out on some obscure/odd pairings in terms of supports.
This is a literal lie and you know it.
They aren't doing it by the common/uncommon pairings.
The ones they did first are the story critical ones, after that they're doing them category-by-category.
Which is female-to-female, then female-to-male, then male-to-male.

Not to mention that MyCastle isn't translated even halfway.

Just fucking grow some patience man and wait, I know I am waiting.
>>
>>166924474

Nigga all I care about is my Kamui/Camilla support, and that shit was fine. All the royals seem to be fine too, at least from who I paired them with.
>>
>>166924667
>Kamui/Camilla
>not story critical
You
Dense
Mother
Fucker
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 626x291px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 626x291px
AAAAA

NO BLOODY POST ON SUNDAYS
>>
>>166925225
Wat gaem
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-WD-250GB-2-5-Hard-Drive-HDD-7200rpm-16MB-WD2500BEKT-0Y19R3-/112284585709?hash=item1a24aeceed:g:9rsAAOSw44BYjP2o#shpCntId

is this good for wii u ? any better recommendations?
>>
File: invoke.jpg (50KB, 816x395px) Image search: [Google]
invoke.jpg
50KB, 816x395px
Connected to same network and using the same IPS, but keep getting this message. Any solutions?
>>
File: vitafuta.png (118KB, 621x655px) Image search: [Google]
vitafuta.png
118KB, 621x655px
>tfw you just screwed yourself out of Adrenaline while helping someone else get ARK
>>
What homebrew can I use to transfer my TWEWY save from the card to my DSTT?
>>
>>166926000

TWLSaveTool?
>>
>>166926613
>Unbanned
So no NNID so no online.
>>
>>166926613
Fuck off
>>
Anyone have a .cia for the retail version of Pokemon Rumble World? The only link to a download for it is down.

http://www.3dsiso.com/archive/index.php/t-274387.html
>>
>>166926976
Whats wrong with the freeshop version?
>>
>>166925886
That error means they are attempting to manipulate a control via a thread different to the one it was made on. Thats the dev's fault not yours.
I'd tell them about the error since you can do fuck all to correct it yourself.
>>
>>166927361
>Pokemon Rumble World
Freeshop version has micro-transactions.
Retail version is like buying the steam version of a mobile tower defense game. All the stuff gotten through microtransactions are available at the get go.
>>
File: pls respond.jpg (26KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
pls respond.jpg
26KB, 221x221px
>>166921243
>>
Everybody is using the freeShop?
It's been 5 days since I get the message "An error has occurred forced the software to close. The System Will now restart."
>>
>>166928956
Downloaded monster hunter generations yesterday from freeshop
>>
I haven't been in the hacking scene since the beginning. I want to back up my emunand but none of my old methods work or connect to the website to create a emunand. What do I need to create one?
>>
>>166928956
wipe the freeshop data from your SD
>>
>>166929874
Thanks! I'll try it
>>
>>166929634

Emunand9
>>
>>166926845
>thinking you need an NNID to play online
>>
File: 1445393294226.png (68KB, 411x374px) Image search: [Google]
1445393294226.png
68KB, 411x374px
>>166775371
where the writeup bjtch
>>
>>166929874
Thanks. It worked!
>>
File: Untitled.png (379KB, 1074x546px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
379KB, 1074x546px
DQ8 HT Dancer and Bikini model edits finalized, only awaiting HT color correction for the textures now.

While I was at it I also improved the UV map of the Bikini so the straps align much better now.
Left is before, when only texture was altered to uncensor.
Right is after, with altered texture to uncensor as well as the UV map.

This as good as it gets.
>>
What's the state of N64 emulation and piracy on Vita? I'm currently torn on whether or not to pick up a Vita to hack.
>>
>>166930197
When I try to open it, it gives me a red screen and just resets the home brew launcher
>>
>>166930503
They've just started working on N64 emulator so it will take a while and probably never be all that great anyway.

As for piracy, you need a Vita with 3.60 or lower. Anything above that and you're fucked.
Sony recalled most of 3.60 or lower Vita's from stores after the hack was revealed so good luck hunting one down.
>>
>>166930607

what firmware?
>>
On the free shop after doing 9.2 ctr transfer It says I have all the games I originally had but they don't appear on the home menu?

The home menu also says that my cartridge games need to update but when I go on the freeshop it says their already updated?
>>
>>166925291
it's my r4
>>
>>166916562
Out of the people that followed this stuff, nobody believed that would have been the way to go. Nice excuse for your shitpost.
>>
>>166930483
Dont think anyone will notice the detail on the shit 3ds screen but thanks i guess
>>
>>166930919
RX-E 11.2

After reading forums I see that being on a high firmware could be an issue. I know there's a guide but how exactly do I downgrade without fucking up my data. In specifically worried about my ACNL data. I just want a backup of that before I do this soundhax guide.
>>
>>166917293
I read two random lines.
>use BlargSnes
>runs a .exe
Why should you be taking this shitty list in consideration exactly?

>>166918847
>ROM Loader is not CIA you doofus, CIA is not a rom to begin with, it's literally a compressed installer which could never be used in real-time as a rom.
That's what he said. He's talking about .cci, not .cia. Gateway's CFW requires Gateway's card to do it, and nobody bothered to do it properly.
>>
>>166931721
>Dont think anyone will notice the detail on the shit 3ds screen but thanks i guess
The other guy didn't, but I did and it really bothered me and since I could easily fix it, then why not? It took me only 10 or so minutes anyway.
>>
>>166931798

just follow the guide, it tells you when to make backups and how
>>
>>166925225
I had stuff get stuck there before, the USPS Teterboro fulfillment center has bad reviews too. But it claims it left already so...
>>
Haven't been injecting since the release of SM. Do I need any updates, or am I alright?
>>
>>166931898
>use BlargSnes
That list is from the OP which hasn't been updated in forever, and BlargSnes used to be superior to the Snes9x port.

>runs a .exe
I don't think they literally meant runs exe, but rather that you need the files from the PC version or something. Irrelevant anyway since that was before the 3DS port happened.
https://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/how-to-run-pc-cave-story-on-your-3ds-homebrew-launcher-required.6114/
>>
how good are the gba emulators for 3ds?
>>
>>166932576
3DS literally has GBA hardware in it so you don't even emulate, you run that shit natively.
Grab a CIA for your game of choice from 3DSISO and off you go.
>>
>>166932576
>>166932651
Im felling generous today

https://mega.nz/#F!B1MwHa5A!0TW16k_FUDiKc54g7-ROFw
>>
>>166931907
Is there a release of this? If so, where can I grab it?
>>
>>166932721
You shouldn't be linking the MEGA folder since it doesn't actually mention which version is which, for example some games here are color tinted for the darker palette but also have non-dark variants.
And then you've got stuff like Fire Emblem 7 which comes in EU and US variants, with EU having extra languages but US having the big extra epilogue that was cut in EU version.
And Metroid Fusion's two versions one which is a retranslated JPN version that has extra endings using script from ENG one and the US version without extra endings.

Not to mention this doesn't have all games to begin with, just the author's personal selection, sauce of the thread is:
http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

>>166932897
Not released yet you goddamn impatient dummy, I will announce when it's released.
>>
>>166932483
>Irrelevant anyway since that was before the 3DS port happened.
I think you got it the other way around
>>
>>166932483
wow, why is that aar faggot being such an annoying piece of shit in that thread
>>
Are all 64GB micro sd cards supposed to be SDXC?
>>
>>166932651
oh shit. can i still use patches for games that need translations/balance though? sorry i'm pretty new to this
>>
I downloaded Hyrule Warriors DLC, dumped my game (I had all DLC pre-september) to Loadiine and added all the appropriate folders.

Yet the only character I gained was Medli.

I have no additional adventure mode maps so I don't see how I could unlock them. Why isn't the new dlc available?
>>
>>166933690
Yes, the Sandisk I Put in my n3ds is SDXC
>>
File: 1481569871692.png (43KB, 236x244px) Image search: [Google]
1481569871692.png
43KB, 236x244px
>>166934464
>Using Loadiine in 2017
>>
>>166934464
Looked it up, I don't have any legit DLC from 2016, only from 2015.

I grabbed the DLC packs that were uploaded in december on that iso site.
>>
>>166931557
Help
>>
>>166934206
Only with NTR and no I won't spoonfeed how because I'm tired of explaining same shit over and over.
>>
>>166934687
ur dun bud

make a backup next time
>>
>>166934567
Not buying a new SD card just to pirate DLC anon, I have every game I care for already.
>>
>>166934747
It got corrupted somehow and that doesn't help me at all
>>
>>166935067
>It got corrupted
Sorry man, but you're sol then
>>
>>166935067
Lesson learned: verify your fuckin backups
>>
Trying to run Godemode9 through homebrew, but it just gives me a red screen and brings me back to the homebrew menu.
>>
>>166935454

You're doing it wrong
>>
>>166935454
>run Godemode9 through homebrew
You mean decrypt9.
Right?
>>
>>166935132
>>166935242
Can you atleast explain why it shows up on the freeshop but not anywhere else?
>>
>>166936009
The good lord Jesus works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>166931980
What guide do I follow? When I go to the .guide website it just tells me to restore the emunand once it tells me to.

Issue is that I can't even get emunand9 to run in order to create a backup nand. I've heard of people fixing this by downgrading to 9.2, but doesn't that require me to erase things?
>>
>>166936474
Do you have A9LH?
>>
>>166935549
>>166935786
Yeah, never mind. I'm an idiot.
Just dumped it in my payloads folder. Issue now is that I'm not seeing 'SYSNAND SD'
>>
>>166936671
No, that's what I'm trying to install, but I need to back my emunand before I start.

I'm on rxtools 11.2
>>
>>166937315

No, you don't. The guide does not mess with the emunand at all until the point where it tells you to move the emunand, at which point it gives you instructions.

Stop overcomplicating shit.
>>
Has anyone with a n3DS tried leaving the back plate unscrewed and then using it/carrying it around? I'm getting tired of always having to look for a screwdriver
>>
>>166937463
Yeah it'll stay there pretty well unscrewed. Stylus and game card also actually helps keep it in place.
>>
>>166937463
I had it like that for monds util i discover the program thet let me transfer fiels wireless
>>
>>166937463
You can, just be mindful of the battery coming out.
>>
>>166937463
>>166937610
>>166937682
>>166937697
O3DS owner here, why would you need to unscrew backplate on N3DS exactly?
>>
>>166923512
Can you make Jessica thiccer?
>>
>>166937820
You literal nigger, no I won't pander to your degenerate fucking fetishes.
>>
>>166937757
Thats where the sd card is located.
>>
>>166937923
DId they seriously fucking go full retard and remove the easily accessible SD card slot on N3DS? DID THEY SERIOUSLY FUCKING DO THAT?
Suddenly I want N3DS a lot less.
>>
>>166937905
Please?
>>
>>166938042
For fucks sake no, this is a restoration project, not subhuman nigger fat fetish pandering project.
>>
>>166938137
Ok.
>>
>>166938137
Could you make her into a kangaroo then?
>>
File: 885x.png (624KB, 878x587px) Image search: [Google]
885x.png
624KB, 878x587px
>>166938036
you betcha

>>166938137
can you at least give her a dick
>>
>>166938137
What about making her a loli?
>>
File: 3ds partitions.png (4KB, 1182x73px) Image search: [Google]
3ds partitions.png
4KB, 1182x73px
How I resize the active parition over?
Whats the recommended tool
>>
>>166938137
Can you make her super thin?
>>
>>166938732
just google some pajeet software
>>
>>166938732

The first result in google for "partition manager" or the like
>>
>>166938137
Pls give her a mostacho
>>
>>166938732
Gparted, if you are a GUI babby.
parted if you aren't.
>>
Is there any 3ds homebrew app that could act as an action replay for DS games in the slot? Basically, a digital action replay for DS games?

>in before Flashcard
Yeah I know I get it relax, just a question guys
>>
>>166939415

Nitrohax was converted to .cia for this purpose.
>>
>>166916167
dunno if youre still here but what region are you using as base for the patch?
i am playing the eu version and im like 10 hours in but i really dont feel like starting again. will the the stuff you are making work on the eu version? or do i need to do it with the us version?
>>
>>166938392
>>166938495
>>166938705
>>166938764
>>166938994
Ebin, simply ebin.
12 year olds all of you.
>>
>>166936009
bump
>>
File: 1438660136951.jpg (286KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438660136951.jpg
286KB, 600x600px
This is probably a stupid question but I just want to be sure so I don't fuck anything up.

Since auto-update isn't working for me, does running the vpk of the new version of vitashell install the new version or do I have to do something else? If it's the former, would it matter if I run it through molecule or vitashell's bubble?
>>
>>166939494
Damn youre the MVP senpai, I'm surprised I was unable to google this
>>
>>166939527
Even if uncensor anon doesn't use the EUR version, converting your save file to the NA one is as easy as dumping your save file and injecting it.
But, that shouldn't be necessary since it should work regardless of region (if the romfs gets uploaded that is which it will).
>>
>>166939527
>>166940003
see
>>166919959
its gonna be an EU cia release.
>>
I'm tempted to start making lewd 3ds themes but where do I start? I have usagi theme editor but how do I make the images fit/split between the top and bottom screen?
>>
>>166942065
pornhub
>>
>>166942162
>3dpd
>>
File: IMG_2256.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2256.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
I don't want to buy all the NDS carts again for the old Pokémon games, so what flashcard should I get? I'm on 11.2 with CFW, on 2DS.
>>
>>166942162
I already have images I want to use.
>>
>>166942504
Also can I run GBA on flash cards, or is that autistic?
>>
>>166942504

whatever's cheapest

>>166942675

just use vc injects
>>
microsd-to-psvita when
>>
>>166942779
VC injects? Can't say I've heard of that, unless you're referring to RBY Virtual Console release.
>>
>>166943126

USB support for PSTV when

>>166943154

Just look at 3dsiso for the GBA VC games. Preferably the ones without ghosting and with proper colours.
>>
>>166942675
>autistic
truly this word has lost any concept of actual meaning
>>
How to use cheats in SNES9x? Do I need to create a /cheats subdirectory where the roms are, or do I put the .cht files in same folder as roms directly without any subdirectory?
>>
Sighax literally NEVEREVER
>>
>>166943625

We're not missing out on much
>>
>>166936009
Help
>>
>>166942675
gbarunner2 is making progress for gba on DS
>>
>>166943126
I presume that we will get them by March.
Although the guy who's doing the adapter doesn't have an ETA.
Just lurk https://twitter.com/RichDevX or follow him if you have a Twitter account.
>>
>>166944115

The last commit was pushed 3 weeks ago.
It's moving, but slowly. There's a lot of optimisation and polish left.
>>
is there a 3ds snes emulator that allows you to remap controls? I know retroarch can do it but everything under it runs like shit
>>
>>166936009
Do they also show up in FBI's title list? I'm guessing the title contents are there, but missing tickets. Sorry, I'm not sure how to solve it.
>>
File: 1462640076224.png (164KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1462640076224.png
164KB, 500x318px
About how long should I expect it to take to convert my emuNAND 3ds to a9lh? Additionally, it doesn't NEED to be soundhax right? So long as it brings up the homebrew channel, it's fine? And this process doesn't wipe the SD card so my saves and shit should be safe?
>>
>>166944925

About an hour.

Yeah, just remember to run everything on sysnand.

Only DSiWare and injected GBA saves are affected.
>>
>>166944925
3 hours.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.
>>
>>166915838
Wait, so why is 2.1.0-4E ctrtransfer the same on o3ds and New 3ds if it only says o3ds?
>>
>checking through DQ8 NPC models to be sure if there's any more censored NPCs
>check player chars while I'm at it
>Jessica has 3 new outfits
>Red has 3 additional outfits other than her default one
>Morrie has only his default outfit and a recolored Dhoulmagus suit as alternate

Yeah it's fucking obvious they put fuck all effort into Morrie.

Also all of Jessica's new costumes as well as Red's are "censored" by default though I'm not sure if censored is the apt word seeing as those costumes didn't exist on PS2. It's just that they all come with long black generic spats like every single censored female model in the 3DS version.
And no I won't be touching them since they have no original PS2 equivalents, but still sucks.
>>
>>166945327

Because there's no such thing as 2.1.0 firmware for a New 3DS. It didn't exist at the time.
>>
>>166945407
ohhh yeah, I'm a fucking idiot.
Thanks for clarifying
>>
I feel so empty inside. I modded my 3DS, Wii U and Vita. Now what? No one to play with.
>>
>>166945646
just install Mon Hun Gen while MH XX isn't out and play with /MHG/
>>
File: Untitled.png (66KB, 522x446px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
66KB, 522x446px
Seems like the censors missed a spot.
>>
>>166939783
It should install the new version like how Retroarch works.

Try installing the new version through Molecularshell.
>>
>>166945975
What a truly amazing spot. There must have been much ado about it.
>>
>>166933364
>age:16
that's why
>>
>>166946198
MODS
>>
>>166946245
i was referring to the guy in the forum thread dumbshit
>>
>>166945975
nice find.
>>
How to update Bootstrap? do I just replace the new one with the one that is in /_nds/ ?
>>
>>166943241
Can I run the Gen 3 games with this, GBA stuff? Working it out now, I've got mGBA for Gen II and before
>>
>>166946172
All the cabaret bunny girls also didn't get hit by censorship, they still have their fluffy panties.
>>
File: 20170129_190134-1.jpg (945KB, 1756x2847px) Image search: [Google]
20170129_190134-1.jpg
945KB, 1756x2847px
Okay you jews. Help me choose 4 numbers. Gonna do a 500 single bets on 4 numbers
>>
>>166945975
Mod the color of the underwear.
>>
>>166946349

yes. You might also need to set the new path in the bootstrap config
twloader should also be able to update

>>166946362

That's the point.
>>
Has PHBank been updated to support Sun & Moon yet? I wanna transfer over my pentagon stuff to Moon and forget that ORAS ever existed.
>>
>>166946401
ALL blue
>>
>>166946362
You should be able to run the gen 3 pokemon games.

I've installed FE8 and FE6 with injections in my 3ds. I can point you to the CIA creator if you have a rom Handy.
>>
>>166946439
I don't know what that means.
>>
>>166946401
5 7 24 21
>>
>>166946627
just let the faggots in gbatemp explain it then, I saw you post
>>
File: 20170129_190828-1.jpg (1MB, 1932x2588px) Image search: [Google]
20170129_190828-1.jpg
1MB, 1932x2588px
>>166946537
This profit gain is gonna be painful
>>166946672
Gonna do these after im done with my demise. Maybe i should make a dq thread on v....hmmmmm
>>
>>166946575
Please do.
>>
File: 20170129_191029-1.jpg (2MB, 1954x2559px) Image search: [Google]
20170129_191029-1.jpg
2MB, 1954x2559px
>>166946537
God damn it anon
>>
File: 20170129_191350-1.jpg (1MB, 1841x2715px) Image search: [Google]
20170129_191350-1.jpg
1MB, 1841x2715px
>>166946672
I love you anon

Gonna make a dq thread somehow because this hijack will cost my neck if i go on
>>
File: 1466589535081.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1466589535081.png
19KB, 512x323px
>>166947001
Sorry buddy
>>
This shit is too expensive, any cheaper alternatives?
I don't care about using cheats or anything weird, just playing lots of games
>>
>>166928112
you have to enable unsafe homebrew
>>
>>166947236

Then that's the best choice. Sorry senpai.
>>
>>166947236
knockoffs are cheaper but they break easily and dont have a high rom compatibility like the EZflash.
its worth the investment. i play mine in the gba sp and its a great overall experience.
>>
Outfits fully finished and finalized, preparing release on GBAtemp now.

Updated CIA however will come tomorrow since that will take couple of hours to build, encrypt and such.
>>
>>166947213
You suck. All your blues failed but 4 number anon got me dinner and a hotel stay. You better feel bad
>>
>>166947236
if you're using a ds original or lite and have a slot 1 flashcart, get the ez-flash 3-in-1. same shit, just doesn't have a sd slot so it doesn't work independently.
>>
Jesus, the nds from sd reeaallllyy wasn't worth the wait, I mean Miles Edgeworth is green on compatibility list but you have to wait like 2-3 secons for every new background it's so freaking slow.
Castlevania is supposedly now perfect playback but it slow downs every couple seconds it's so fucking bad.
>>
>>166948108

You were warned senpai.

Load speeds can still be improved though, with prefetch and more WRAM caching.
>>
>>166947236
There's the Supercard GBA.
You can still find them on Chinese sites like Gearbest, I think.
>>
>>166948219
But why would they say "fully working..." when Dawn of Sorrow is unplayable with those lags....
>>
>>166948409

Hey, if PCSX2 is allowed to get away with it, so is nds-bootstrap.
>>
I have a nip n3ds, i was wondering if i could use the guide to hack it and turn it into ntsc?
>>
>>166948535
yep
>>
File: wario.jpg (38KB, 511x415px) Image search: [Google]
wario.jpg
38KB, 511x415px
>>166948492
>>
>>166948605

cool, i'll check out the guide
>>
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-dragon-quest-viii-8-restoration-project.451932/

New and final version released, now everything fully uncensored.
>>
does the pokemon bank on freeshop support gen 7? wanna know before installing
>>
does anyone knows if there are there a ps3 emulator for the new 3ds?
>>
>>166948971
yes
>>
>>166948971
XD
>>
File: 1482808554407.gif (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482808554407.gif
11KB, 320x240px
sup yall. so i hacked my wii u and am currently running mocha off a 128gb sd card, no external drive
i was able to install various retroarch cores via the homebrew app store, but none of them seem to be able to write config files, save states or game save files to the card. save states in particular actually crash the damn thing. what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>166948868
Someone make a CIA of this please.
>>
File: 2017-01-29-184058.jpg (89KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29-184058.jpg
89KB, 960x544px
so is my pstv hackable, and if so how difficult will it be?
>>
>>166949786
I will be updating my cia tomorrow so patience please, going sleep now.
>>
>>166949812
Yes. It's pretty easy, update to 3.60 via usb, and then use the henkaku website.
>>
Why is both Haxchi and Mocha CFW recommended? Dont they both achieve the same thing?
>>
>>166949950
Cool. I'll look into that.
>>
>>166950160
Yup, enjoy
>>
Quick question. I'm using a Wii U with Mocha CFW, I downloaded a game with uTik, and it had DLC that downloaded into its own folder. Do I need to install the DLC like I would a separate game, or can I just combine all the files from the game and the DLC into one folder and install?
>>
How do I go about deleting DLC off the SD card? I'd like to get rid of all the Theatrhythm characters because they're unnecessarily large files.
>>
>>166949834
You're the only one who can make a CIA of it?
>>
>>166949812
download 3.60 update on your PC
copy it to a usb stick
manually update PSTV through usb
visit a website with the web browser
congrats your pstv is hacked.
>>
File: 1484186536384.png (92KB, 411x524px) Image search: [Google]
1484186536384.png
92KB, 411x524px
>>166889709
>what's the error though does it crash on a color or does it kick you to the home menu
it keeps on kicking me back to the home menu (via system restart)

>>166889924
>Did you extract starter with the directory instead of everything in the directory? I did that at first and had the same result.
the "3ds" folder is in the root/home section of the SD card

do i have to put the "starter" folder first or something?
>>
Hey.
I had written in this general before, I'm trying to get rid of Gateway shit, and I backed up my saves with JKSM with your help.
Now, before I start doing 3ds.guide, should I update from 4.5.0-0E, or should I just start it from here?

I formatted my system (not my sd card tho, but I bought a bigger one that I wanna use) and got rid of the profile exploit. Are there any extra steps for getting rid of Gateway?

And btw can I use the blue card as a DS flashcard or will it brick my shit?

Thanks.
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 882x197px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 882x197px
>>166949950
>>166950249
Didn't even need to use a USB
This worked just fine.
>>
>>166950863
Start here
You can stay at 4.5
>>
File: 1465435171963.jpg (44KB, 887x612px) Image search: [Google]
1465435171963.jpg
44KB, 887x612px
where can i go to talk about games

and don't say /vr/ only 6 people post there

all you guys talk about is hacking your 3ds
>>
Haven't been here in a while. I got A9LH on O3DS. Is the consensus still that DS games aren't a thing?
>>
>>166951702
Well /v/ is out because they shitpost more than anything.
I would say /vr/ honestly
>>
>>166951702
>>166576234
>>
World of Final Fantasy 1.02 update was dumped https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5qn0bm/world_of_final_fantasy_usa_102_patchmai/

Since it's possible can someone dump the 1.30 update for Gundam Breaker 3?
>>
>>166938036

It's not so bad, on homebrew anyway. Slap an FTP client on there and you never need to touch that SD card again.

Vanilla, it's pretty shitty.
>>
File: IMG_2543.jpg (15KB, 533x71px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2543.jpg
15KB, 533x71px
SOmeone link the pic with all the consoles and when they were first exploited?
>>
Is there a GBA emulator for n3DS that runs at full speed?
>>
>>166952312
I thought World of Final Fantasy required firmware 3.60+?

Lack of ability to play new games is the reason I've held off on Vita.
>>
>>166952678
wat does c2-12828-1 mean
>>
>>166952841
no need for an emulator when the 3ds plays gba natively just install cias
>>
>>166950136
Outdated guide. No one's bothered keeping it up. You only need Haxchi.
>>
On the free shop after doing 9.2 ctr transfer It says I have all the games I originally had but they don't appear on the home menu?

The home menu also says that my cartridge games need to update but when I go on the freeshop it says their already updated?
>>
>>166953827
pee pee poo poo
>>
>>166915838
What's your favourite 3DS games /hbg/
>>
File: fuck my shit up.jpg (496KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my shit up.jpg
496KB, 842x1191px
>>166915838
>How do I move to a new SD card after I'm done hacking?
>Just copy and paste everything.
Literally just did this but LUMA, Freeshop, FBI and Homebrew Launcher are not in the home menu of the 3DS.
Help?
>>
I custom installed some GBA games, namely the mainseries pokemon games. How do I edit the saves of them now?
>>
How do I get free Wii games on my vWii? Can't find a guide anywhere for 5.1.1
>>
Just downloaded the Tales of the Abyss rom from a site, unzipped it and I don't see a cia in sight. What do? I see a NFO file, SFV files and more winrar files for some reason
>>
Waiting on a dump of music files for every previous and current eshop theme
>>
>>166955159
>more winrar files for some reason
anon...
>>
>>166953827
you got owned autist
>>
>>166955390
my bad didn't realize they came as a winrar archive file all along. So what do I do with it exactly? Had to resort to this since the english version wasn't on the freeshop
>>
is it possible to follow this guide [https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax] even though I already have rxtools 11.2 installed? Having issues atm
>>
>>166954502
did you format your new card to fat32 before the transfer?
>>
>>166955961
you follow it from the beginning then follow the move emunand part to transfer your data over in the end
>>
File: 1485646655865.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485646655865.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
What is the purpose of a Wii U title key if you don't have the ticket? Is there a program that can turn a title key into a ticket? I don't understand the exact purpose of title keys.
>>
How is the ps4 hacking scene ? What are the progress like ?
>>
ayy can someone help with this please?
-usb image tool to transfer microsd from 32 to 64
-boot after transfer
-fbi no longer has the option to instal cias
-some apps dont open
>>
File: IMG_20161130_200451.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_200451.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>Connection refused by server
>same IP it always is

?????? Why do I feel like there's always something wrong with vitashell or filezilla?
>>
>>166955684
bump, please I just want to play the game. Went into FBI and I couldn't do shit with the files.
>>
>>166947307
I've enabled unsafe homebrew but it doesn't fix it. Should I retransfer the vpk with ftp?
>>
>>166956362
I am and I'm at the part where I need to go to http://2xrsa.3ds.guide on my 3ds, however when I go I get "arm9.bin loading" and nothing happens. I also noticed it says I should be on 2.1 and I'm not. On my emunand I'm on 11.2 and on sysnand I'm on 9.2. I haven't tried on my sysnand so going to try now.
>>
>>166957156
beginning as in from the every start of the guide not jumping ahead and going to the last part
>>
I injected LeafGreen as a .cia, how can I export the save and edit in PKHex?
>>
is there a non torrent 2.1 ctrtransfer image?
3ds.guide is only offering a torrent dl
>>
>>166957423
>going to the last part

Didn't do that asshat. I'm following and can't get passed that step. I mentioned.
>>
>>166957647
jksm
>>
File: 1485564260199.gif (845KB, 480x327px) Image search: [Google]
1485564260199.gif
845KB, 480x327px
>>166951996
Damn, and I thought we ha it bad.
>>
>>166957974
It isn't seeming to work. Might be dong it wrong, could you run me through the process?
>>
>>166957960
>not on 2.1
sure you did good luck anyway anon
>>
>>166958185
And you don't seem to understand
>>
>>166958435
>Go into jksm and export leaf green save data and ext data if it has any
>Move to computer
>Take save and drop in pkhex
That's what I assume you are doing, what isnt working? Need more info
>>
>>166956030
Yes, it already came as fat32.
>>
File: 875.jpg (9KB, 314x227px) Image search: [Google]
875.jpg
9KB, 314x227px
>Have PS3
>Wants to play Scott Pilgrim
>4.81
>I guess I'll wait for some guy to eventually crack it... In like 2 million years.
>>
>people needing pc programs for formatting sd cards to fat32 when decrpyt9 does the exact same thing
>>
my box says AUS 2DS but the firmware is 11.0.33E, so it's europe region right for soundhax?
>>
>>166956542
FunkiiU can make fake tickets.
What we need is a way to get fake title keys.
>>
>>166950770
post root folder
>>
>>166959308
>>
>>166958464
That was the last step? Gee didn't know that..anyways I got it so fuck you too
>>
>>166959425
you gotta make a root folder
>>
How do I hack a PS2?
>>
>>166957749
Get Deluge
>>
>>166954974
Bump
>>
>>166959509
your welcome anon now you can enjoy a9lh master race
>>
>>166959593
Why dontyou tell him to install >cakes while you're at it, numbnuts
>>
>>166958840
I hit export save and it says "Error opening save archive!"

Exporting ext data just makes an empty folder.
>>
>>166959683
Modding.

Or try learning about how to do it through Hack Informer.
>>
>>166959683
Back in the day I used modchips, not sure if software solutions ever came out for it.

I remember something about disc swapping burned games through Gameshark or something like that, but my memory is vague
>>
>>166959768
Then I don't know, never encountered that error, sorry anon, maybe someone else can help
>>
File: root.png (12KB, 400x148px) Image search: [Google]
root.png
12KB, 400x148px
>>166959425
>>166959593
This. Learn how to do things properly.
>>
>>166959969
>>166959593
just a simple folder named "root folder", right?
>>
>>166948868
This also gives ssj hair tension or that was discarded?
>>
>>166960068
Yes, but make sure it's the root first
>>
File: 1485129015806.png (577KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1485129015806.png
577KB, 650x487px
>>166949343
one last try, anybody know what's up?
>>
>>166954485
The Legend of Legacy!
>>
>>166959746
xD
>>
>>166959683
All you need is freemcboot installed on a memory card. To get it you can either: copy it from another card, buy a card with it preinstalled, do the swap trick with a compatible game, or use some kind of usb to ps2 memory card adapter (there's one that was originally made for PS3 I think).
>>
>>166919079

Im the anon from this post.

If I was to get a Vita and still expect it to look decent in 3 years I assume my best bet would be to get a 2000? Thinking of hacking it and using it to emulate and run Vita games in the long term.

I do prefer the oled screen but if it won't last 3 years and if the slim has other benefits I should go with the slim - the 2000 screen isn't that bad, right?
>>
Is there any way for me to play Rhythm Heaven Megamix on an EU 3ds? Can't seem to find an EU version on the freeshop.
>>
>>166960428
>but make sure it's the root first
could you explain that further?
>>
>>166961247
Spoof your region using Luma?
>>
>>166961298
Well, what does root mean?
>>
>>166961398
the base directory right?
>>
>>166961310
how does one do this
>>
>>166915838
HEY! Is it possible to play old PC games on 3DS? I kinda want to play the original Warcraft.
>>
Imagine being autistic. No really, do it.

Cant? Why? Because you're already autistic, thats why.

Look, anyone who browses /vg/ or does any hacking to a 3DS has autisim. No doubt about it lemme tell you that. Just look at this thread for proof.
>>
>>166961247
Just search for a cia online, I found it there
>>166960649
Sd has lock toggled on?
>>
>>166962728
Everyone on 4chan has autism, which is why it's thrown around as an insult about 20 times per thread on any board.
>>
>>166950228
go to eshop you stupid ugly nibber
>>
>>166962728
Are you self conscious about yourself?
>>
>>166960737
Is this a serious answer? I downloaded that recently because it looks neat but I'm surprised to see someone calling it a favorite.
>>
>>166962839
fuck off
>>
@166962839
This post gave me autism
>>
>>166962959
Fuck off autist
>>
File: 1484008336214.png (91KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1484008336214.png
91KB, 500x439px
>>166962789
thanks, but nah, checked that. i'm able to install apps via homebrew channel, so sd card is writable
>>
>>166963015
Your newfaggotry gave me autism
>>
>>166953827
Can someone actually help?
>>
>>166962916
Yeah. It's... light on story, but it does a wonderful job of building atmosphere, and the game really challenges you to fully explore the maps and find all the secrets they have. It's not the best game on the system (I'd say Etrian Odyssey II Untold takes that title), but it's a very unique experience and I'm excited for the sequel.

translation never ever though
>>
>>166961461
Yeah. When we say "root" we mean out of all of the folders. You don't need to create a folder called "root"
>>
>>166963148
likewise
>>
>>166959425
Umbra æther is a weird name bro
>>
>>166959425
what OS
>>
>>166963330
That actually does sound pretty appealing. Much as I like a good story, sometimes I do want a game that just gets down to business with the gameplay. I'll definitely give it a shot, thanks for the recommendation.
>>
whats some cool stuff i can do with a cfw 3DS that isn't mentioned too often

all i see people usualy talk about is using the cpu n3ds speeds, pirating, cheats, theme changing, and emulation.

what else can you do?
>>
>>166963614
that would be debian
>>
>>166963836
ubuntu*
>>166963760
KICKASS HONEBREW
>>
>>166963340
except the one root folder in your root
if you don't your 3ds won't know where the root is
>>
File: file.png (393KB, 802x507px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
393KB, 802x507px
So I got ntr running nice enough. Is there a way to use a ps3 controller or some shit with the 3ds?
>>
>>166959425
oh yeah
You gotta change the bame of the .bin to otherapp.bin
>>
can i install DS games like any other 3ds or do i hvae to do something special?
>>
>>166964223
DS flashcart
>>
>>166964054
Check out kit-kat
>>
>>166963760
that's about it chap
there's STILL no good media player homebrew, which i find ridiculous
>>
File: g555433.jpg (30KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
g555433.jpg
30KB, 600x338px
senpai do I need gateway to dump a freeshop save if I wanted to edit or back it up?
>>
>>166965869
why would you need gateway for literally anything

just use JKSM
>>
>>166965926
oh good I'll look it up. I love you senpai
>>
can i put room hacks like pokemon origin platinum on a flashcart?
>>
>>166966131
y so edgy?
>>
>>166966193
sorry im micro dosing salvia and smoking a lot of indica
>>
>>166966315
>dude weed lamao XD

so i cant?
>>
>>166966361
lmao baited idiot
>>
>>166966414
you got me good m8 :^)
>>
>>166966626
so if you have a flashkart from which you can boot ROMs, then yes, you can use romhacks. Just patch the rom before you load it onto your kart with something like Xdelta; you should know the drill.
>>
>>166966747
the file is already .xdelta
>>
>>166966097
All rom hacks should work fine, get one that runs Wood kernel.
>>
>>166948304
That's a bad choice, slow cart and low compatibility. Even though it's cheap, I'd never recommend it to anyone
>>
File: file.png (30KB, 690x317px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30KB, 690x317px
>>166964806
Holy shit son this works amazingly well. Is there a function to get the sound off the ds as well? Can't seem to find it.
>>
>>166967392
Well he asked for an alternative, and it's really the only one that isn't $100.
>>
>>166967659
You need to buy the thing to connect the headphones output to the pc
>>
>>166967827
You mean an AUX cable to the mic port?
>>
>>166966858
No. You take a .xdelta patch file and use it with a utility like Delta Patcher (or Xdelta itself) to patch the ROM. I don't know if your flashkart will read patches separate from the ROM; I suppose it depends on the kart. Try naming the patch file the same as the ROM for best results.
>>
so I downloaded games through CDN-FX on my PC, how do I install them onto my console now I hacked it? I only have a 4gb SD card too so I'm wondering if I can install it over my wifi instead of copying the .cia to my SD card to install?
>>
File: 456789.jpg (23KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
456789.jpg
23KB, 500x414px
how do you guys deal with the guilt?
>>
File: smugpepe.png (328KB, 828x1403px) Image search: [Google]
smugpepe.png
328KB, 828x1403px
>>166968763
what guilt?
>>
>>166968763
>>
File: 1467671287598.gif (232KB, 510x662px) Image search: [Google]
1467671287598.gif
232KB, 510x662px
>>166968763
>guilt
>in installing custom firmware/software to hardware I own
>>
>>166968763
I buy the games I want to support. So far, that's been Shantae and Shovel Knight.
>>
>>166968763
Guilt for what? Kickass homebrew?
>>
>>166968763
>>
how do I install a 3gb game with a 4gb sdcard?
>>
>>166969710
you need to instal cackes first
>>
File: 1485090364437.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1485090364437.png
98KB, 612x491px
How exactly do I use a flashcart with a 3DS? I have an ancient EDGE cart and nothing happens when I stick it in my 3DS. Is there an app I need to run first? Does it show up in my home menu like any other DS game?
>>
How does installing DLC work on 3ds?
>>
>>166969981
Install the CIA?
>>
>>166968763
Nintendo doesn't deserve my money
>>
>>166932651
>3DS literally has GBA hardware in it
triggered
>>
Anyone else have an open internet connection that automatically redirects you to login page when you try and use it? My college wifi is like that and it fucks with my 3ds hard, I can connect just fine my opening the web browser, but the moment I open another app I get booted off again or something. Are there workarounds or am I stuck playing offline?
>>
>>166971564
r/3DS/comments/50kuny/guide_connect_your_3ds_to_hotel_wifi_xfinity/

same idea
>>
>>166971801
uh? why didn't you post the whole link? who the fucks know what random site you took it from
>>
>>166972072
Reddit you idiot
>>
>>166971801
Thanks, I'll see if that makes a difference but I don't actually have any problems connecting to the captive portal. It's as simple as trying to connect, waiting for an error message and then opening the internet browser to get redirected. My problem is that it seems like the 3ds forgets I was connected to the internet when I start a game. And 3ds can't play a game and open the web browser at the same time so I cannot reconnect.
>>
Would this work with the WiiU?

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-SDCZ43-128G-GAM46-Newest-Version/dp/B01BGTG2A0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485752905&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+128
>>
>>166972318
Reddit?
>>
>>166963340
well, i tried doing that at first, it didn't get me anywhere

>>166963508
thx

>>166963614
Linux Mint 17.2 64-bit

>>166963948
it's actually .debian

>>166964141
oh shit, i realize i renamed the other .bin file OUTSIDE my SD card.

thanks dude, gonna check if it works this time
>>
File: file.png (826KB, 843x504px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
826KB, 843x504px
Are we cucked forever with the new vita games?
>>
>>166973589
not as long Sony keeps cucking Vita than everyone else including Burch
>>
>>166928956
Everything has been working fine. There was an update the other day, I would re-install
>>
>>166973589
I NEED to inseminate sabers breastpussy.
>>
>>166915838
New to 3DS, does the homebrew channel get updated automatically if they release an update?
>>
>>166947210
What game is this
>>
>>166974082
homebrew launcher itself no but every time there's a new update there's a new version payload you have to use
>>
>>166974258
Roulette
>>
I have A9LH. Say I lose or break my SD card, is it finished forever or is it recoverable?
>>
>>166974398
recoverable
>>
>>166974398
you can just drag and drop the files from one SD card to another and you'll be peachy keen
so back your shit up. i know you can do it
>>
>>166974486
Then al I'd need is a new SD card with the same shit on it and it's just like new?
>>
>>166968763
I live in a third world country, if I buy a 3DS game the vast majority of my money will go to smugglers and for overpaid politicians who do absolutely nothing but make my life miserable. There is no guilt.

>buy digital then
Fuck no.
>>
>>166974493
I see. Thanks
>>
>>166974667
just buy from the digital store
>>
>>166969981
On your list of games on freeshop it will put an icon for the games that have updates or dlc that hasn't been downloaded.
>>
>>166974760
>"buying" a license to use a service to allow me to play the game, instead of physical media I can see, touch, and have the guarantee it will work forever on any 3DS system

Again, fuck no. Going to continue using Freeshop if that's the case, thank you ;^)
>>
File: 1477874635974.gif (1MB, 351x261px) Image search: [Google]
1477874635974.gif
1MB, 351x261px
>>166974946
>being THIS paranoid about digital distribution
honestly, you're probably fucking right, but I'm in too deep. Last physical copy of a game I ever bought was Ace Combat Zero back in 2006.
>>
Is there a compatibility list for SNES games using the Nintendo emulator on the N3DS? There are a few games, Secret of Mana for example, that have a lot of visual glitches for me.
>>
File: 1452192078490.jpg (12KB, 338x338px) Image search: [Google]
1452192078490.jpg
12KB, 338x338px
>>166963340
>>166964141
okay

everything in the SD card's root folder:
-otherapp.bin (renamed as it should be)
-3ds folder and boot.3dsx
-soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a

re-inserted the SD card via N3DS and tried going to music player again

did literally the same shit (fucking crashed and resent me back to the main menu)

i really don't know what the fuck i'm messing up here
>>
>>166975221
majority should work fine beside sa1 games and superfx and probably has glitches because of their mode 7 emulation
>>
File: IMG_6541.jpg (137KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6541.jpg
137KB, 800x534px
Do you think vita will ever catch up to 3ds' homebrew / hacking scene?
>>
>>166976406
thatts a fat snek
>>
>>166976406
cute froggu
>>
>it's a truman has too many games to play so he just shitposts episode

why did you do this to him /hbg/?
>>
File: 1468275434978.png (311KB, 453x442px) Image search: [Google]
1468275434978.png
311KB, 453x442px
>>166976406
Speaking of vita piracy, is there anything on the horizon? I refuse to hack it until there's an absolutely safe method.
>>
>>166977292
it is absolutely safe you moron
I bet you updated
>>
>>166977292
The only absolutely safe method is never running any unofficial software on it at all.
>>
>>166977777

Just checking
>>
File: dog ptsd.gif (2MB, 256x195px) Image search: [Google]
dog ptsd.gif
2MB, 256x195px
>wake up to the earpiercing screams of agony let out by my dog who seems to have fallen down the stairs and literally lied in his own piss screaming

Today is not a fine day for science.

4U this unfortunately means I won't be doing the updated DQ8 CIA until I come back from the vet.

On the upside I don't think he actually broke anything, just got bruised and panicked.

>>166962575
I think 3DS has a DosBox port.
>>
File: 1377574525229.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1377574525229.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>166978014
Hoping your doggo is fine.
>>
Now that I've hacked my 3DS and have pretty much every notable 3DS game, I'd like to do the same for DS.

Is R4i GOLD 3DS RTS good or should I get something better?
>>
>>166978703
DSTwo has better RTS support if that interests you.
>>
>>166978014
As an animal lover here I'm genuinely saying:
I really hope your doggo is fine, don't worry about the cia, your friend is more important.
>>
>>166975327
post another pic of the sd card again, idk what root folder the anon an talkin about
>>
>>166978801
>DSTwo
Website I'm looking at has it for more than double the price and I'm already paying with canada bucks. Don't care too much about RTS.
>>
>>166978345
>>166978808
So do I and obviously I value him above this shit, currently gave him a bath to clean him up, dryed him up and made a light breakfast for him. After he rests a bit we're going to the vet to make sure if nothing serious happened.
>>
I've never played Super Metroid, so I wanted to play on my 3DS using the emulator.

Here's the deal though, I'm only going to play this once, so I want the best experience. Should I play straight up vanilla? Or Project Base? http://www.metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=307 Or Super Metroid Redesign?
>>
>>166978961
vanilla then play the romhacks after
>>
>>166978961
Personally, 100% honestly, I'd get the two minor romhacks that alter missiles and some toher thing to be like in Zero Mission for consistency. And those are actual good quality of life improvements that will save you time pointlessly grinding for missiles to open doors (5 doors in Super vs 1 in Zero)
>>
>>166978961
>>166979067
These two

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/477/

It's very minor changes that you will appreciate a lot especially if you play Zero Mission and Super Metroid back to back.
>>
>>166979184
I got you man, I appreciate it. I actually played Zero Mission about a year ago, it was the last Metroid I played. I still remember it well enough though, so I'm sure the controls and whatnot will feel familiar to me.
>>
>>166979310
Yeah it's basically just minor control changes for consistency with Zero Mission/Fusion (and also AM2R since that was based on Zero) without actually touching anything in the gameplay like the Project Base/GBA Style romhacks.

This way you get original Super Metroid gameplay as intended by devs but with the minor convenience updates of Zero and Fusion.
>>
>>166975327
What was the original question again?
>>
File: 1469594105721.jpg (10KB, 178x251px) Image search: [Google]
1469594105721.jpg
10KB, 178x251px
Is it safe to update from Sys 11.1.0-34U?
>>
>>166979310
>>166979394
Oh and you also might want this:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2393/

Provided you manage to pirate that SM orchestral album that is, it really sounds A LOT better. Though naturally if you want the original synthetic chiptunes then ignore this.

And to those waiting for the DQ8 updated cia, while I was grooming the dog I left the rom to unpack, so when I'm back all I'll have to do is repack and encrypt.

I'm gonna go get ready for the ride to vet now tho, so smell ya later chaps.
>>
File: 1484814156878.jpg (720KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484814156878.jpg
720KB, 1920x1080px
>>166978703
>tfw 73 ds games on my flashcard
Browsed v's reccommended games for them and pretty much got all of them

7,4 gigs worth of ds games
>>
why is retroarch 3ds still shit?
>>
What sort of exploits on CFW will get my console banned these days? There are so many false alarms I don't know which is accurate.

Also, is there any lewd 3DS games outside of Senran Kagura series?
>>
File: 1472250581086.gif (473KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472250581086.gif
473KB, 450x600px
i want to self-insert as your hacked 3ds while you touch my A button
>>
>>166979934
cheating online and going online on unreleased games pretty much it
>>
>>166980041
I'm first for this
*unzips dick*
Get in line faggots

Btw what are the best online multiplayer games for 3ds aside of monhun
>>
>>166956542
my understanding is that installing without a ticket means you have to run haxchi first every time, and installing with a ticket lets you play right away
>>
>>166979501
Haven't used My 3ds in a while and was wondering If I could use the system update. I'm running Sys 11.1.0-34U a9lh +Luma.
>>
>>166980549
Yeah nigga aa long as its 11.2 and not 11.3 which isn't even out yet.
>>
My 3ds got hit by that Pokemon banwave and I haven't touched it since. What's the best way to get it unbanned? Anything that restores NNID functionality?
>>
>playing Pokémon rom hack thst supposedly hard as hell
>no exp share, doing a little grinding, still as easy as sun/moon with everything ohko

Fuck these cats, i just had to vent.
>>
>>166915838
>-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. https://gbatemp.net/threads/454323
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co
>-NDS-Bootstrap looking more promising https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/page-74#post-7042348

Can we save games yet using DS mode on 3DS?
>>
>>166982945

Yes. Some need donor ARM7 binaries but that's easy if you're using TWLoader.
>>
>>166982468
Bump
>>
>>166948926
yes you still need to pay to use it tho
>>
>>166968763
nigga i got more than 20 3ds retail games before it was hacked and i bought pokemon sun recently
nintendo got enough of my money
>>
So, are tHere any advantages to hacking a wii u over a wii, if I already have all the wifi u games I want? I mean does the wii u have better n64 emulation or can it emulate any other systems that the wii can't?
>>
>>166968763
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
>>
>>166983040
>donor
uh?
>>
>>166986665

Like I said, TWLoader can handle it
>>
>>166986394
n64 i think is close to the same wii u can do DS with injection that's about it, wii u pretty much just does everything the wii does plus wii u games of course and ds
>>
how do you knoww if flasxhcard is TIMEBOMB
>>
>>166987197
hold it up close to your ear
>>
Stupid question. I am still playing on the European cia of DQ8. I really want to get the fully uncensored version of the game. Would my save carry over if I back it up?
>>
How do I get free Wii games on my vWii? Can't find a guide anywhere for 5.1.1
>>
>>166988395
completesoftmodguide is a pretty good guide the hacking part is an it different but in terms of how you use backups it's the same
>>
>>166952930
That's a Vita error code. Why are you replying to a 3DS related chain of messages?
>>
File: 1484703442116.png (326KB, 494x552px) Image search: [Google]
1484703442116.png
326KB, 494x552px
Put the PS4 back in the OP you cheeky bastards
>>
What is the best FREE alternative to something like launchbox? I spent ages setting that up yesterday, went to use full screen mode and it fucking told me to pay up?! Fuck that, id love an emulator launcher but I'm not fucking paying for it
>>
Can you do henkaku without being logged into a psn? I don't want to get banned with my account
>>
>>166967885
exactly that, actually, yes.
>>
File: bria-myles-hot-756996506.jpg (324KB, 1224x1590px) Image search: [Google]
bria-myles-hot-756996506.jpg
324KB, 1224x1590px
I haven't made complete sense of the whole WiiU hacking thing yet but I'm getting there and wanted to know if anyone could help me get started.

I understand that there are two methods: Brazilian and loadiine, as well as numerous optional implements like rednand, mocha and vwii. If my goal is to be able to boot Wii U games as well as Gamecube games (don't care about DLC) what do I need to get in preparation? Some say the flashdrive wears out over time and could brick a system during formatting, but others say its not that serious. I'm not sure if I need to get an external HDD, an SD card or a flash drive, or if I should do the Brazilian method. Any ideas?
>>
So I finished following the 3ds guide and I was wondering if it was possible to download ds games to a 3ds?
>>
>>166991131
Convert to .cia or just play them on an Emulator.
>>
>>166990130
PSN doesn't even work with henkaku
>>
>>166991721
What. Yes it does, I can be logged into my psn before going onto the browser to do henkaku.
>>
So, I'm back home and gonna work on that DQ8 updated cia in a moment.

Doggo is fine, apprently just really badly bruised his spleen so now he needs to rest a lot and not overexercise himself.
>>
>>166991794
PSN doesn't work on 3.60, it asks you to update. If you're above 3.60, henkaku flat out doesn't work.
>>
I know I'm not really in a position to ask this, but can anyone link me to the Localfriendcodeseed_B that's on a certain chaos site? I'm registered there but I forgot my password, and a new email needs to be accepted first so that proccess can take a while but I also wouldn't be able to use a throwaway. I'm not even able to reset my password due to me using a manager and currently not being able to access my email account.

sorry for the blogpost
>>
>>166990803
Brazillian and loadiine methods are for loading Wii U games.

Gamecube games require a vWii like exploit.

Don't get a cheap ass quality flash drive, SD card, or external HDD and it won't crap out on you.
>>
Will a 8GB vita memory card be enough?
>>
>>166992314
Realistically you'll only end up playing about 3 games at the same time. So yes, it will be enough.
>>
>>166992314
Define "enough"
You can store like 2-4 games on depending on the size. If you plan to have physical games or install indie games/emulators then obviously you can have more.
>>
>>166992314
Many of the "big" Vita games are 4GB big so you will be able to fit in 2 of them at once tops.

It's not a problem if you don't care about having to juggle games around but otherwise you're fucked.

Personally I found evn 16GB to be too small and wish I could get 32GB one but the prices are ridiculously jewish.
>>
>>166992482
I lucked out and got a 32GB card from a local pawnshop for $40, about the same price as Pokemon Moon.

Now I check on Amazon the prices are $80
>>
VITA SD ADAPTER WHEN RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>166948868
does it have the old music too?
>>
>>166992584
it's going to be limited print and cost more than the actual memory cards because of how rare it is
>>
>>166992748
How about you read thread and stop being a blatant fucking newfag who's clearly in his first ever /hbg/ thread?
>>
>>166992817
ok sorry ill never post here again
>>
>>166992817
Fuck off muppet
>>
>>166992290
Do I need all three though? Is there a universal agreed upon effective method regarding loadiine and Brazilian?
>>
I'm only getting 1.2mb installing CIA's I downloaded from PC on my 2DS, it's SD card install and the card is class 10, is this normal?

What's the best on console title downloader?
>>
>>166994101
Just be patient... it's wi-fi after all it will always be slower than plugging it into your pc you lazy bum
>>
is the 3ds scene dead already??
>>
Has 3DS firmware compatibility ever been a problem with flashcards? I've been using my DSTWO (the older one that was cheaper) and it has worked on every single firmware for me without issues.
Why do flashcard sellers always point this out?
>>
File: 2017-01-24-014917.jpg (193KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-24-014917.jpg
193KB, 960x544px
>>
>>166994070
Just use Loadiine
>>
File: anxious gambling man.jpg (37KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
anxious gambling man.jpg
37KB, 480x270px
help me
how do I turn on the wi-fi new3ds while on the installing arm9loaderhax
>>
>>166994585
Until 4.3 it was an issue then people either patched their blacklists to be useless or let luma do it or updated their bootloaders on the cart.
The older cards non-i cards will not work without a loader regardless.
>>
File: Retarded.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Retarded.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>166994667
>>
>>166994701
b-brick?
>>
File: Trash.jpg (272KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
272KB, 1600x900px
>>166994768
>>
>>166994768
nevermind
I am silly
>>
File: Third.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Third.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>166994865
>>
>>166994070
loadiine is/was a workaround hack until we got the ability to install the games natively, which we now have.

you need a vwii hack to play gamecube. its possible in the future wii virtual console injections will make vwii hacking obsolete, but right now you need it.

rednand/emunand is unnecessary, is considered for dev testing only and the vwii wont work with it
>>
>>166994362
But I'm installing from sdcard to sdcard, is 1.2mb normal?
>>
File: PS_Vita.jpg (459KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Vita.jpg
459KB, 1920x1280px
Which scene is more likely to start moving again soon?
-Vita
-PS3
-PS4
-WiiU

I'm thinking the Vita, but my heart wants to say the Wii-U.
>>
>>166995626
Yes it has to cipher it through the cpu so it's doing a shitload of read and write ops.
>>
>>166996193
Makes sense, thanks for explaining anon
>>
>>166996162
Vita scene is progressing at a snails pace but it's not dead yet
PS3 is already dead
PS4 is stuck in limbo
Wii U scene is progressing well
>>
File: top_0011.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0011.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
>tfw no bunny girl peep show
>>
>>166996162
I was promised Vita updates in February and I'm gonna be pissed if PS1 or Mai updates don't come
>>
Installing CIA's through cdnfx/freeshop is safe to go online with right?
>>
File: Puff Puff.jpg (117KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Puff Puff.jpg
117KB, 800x480px
So this is a puff puff, lewd.
>>
>>166996880
yes
>>
Why isn't the content of the freeshop and 3dstitlekeys identical?
>>
>>166979658
The 3DS just isn't powerful enough
>>
>>166998834
update cache
or
missing one half of the needed things
>>
>>166996554
What bothers me is how the CERO censors have fucking double standards.

A princess in a gown having a super detailed pantsu is a-okay.

Literal peep show with fluffed-out pattern skimpy panties is a-okay.

A character wearing a bikini on the beach however? HARAM.
>>
When is the 3DS going to die?
>>
>>167000235
It's dead
We already killed it
Nintendo doesn't want to put anything else on it
>>
>>166999721
It's not powerful enough to emulate NES and other pre-SNES consoles? I just want the NES ores to not have that minor graphics distortion since it handles colours and scaling much better than Nintendo's VC emulator.
>>
2 days until February; I've been gone since November.

Will theFlow deliver Adrenaline unto thee with fully working PSX support?
>>
>>166915838
If I were to buy a vita, what could be done with it?
>>
>>166978851
>post another pic of the sd card again, idk what root folder the anon an talkin about
here

>>166979413
>What was the original question again?
i'm trying to install soundhax so i can get homebrew on my 3DS

but the music player keeps on crashing and i have zero idea on what i'm doing wrong here.
>>
>>167001195

You could sell it after you realise all the games are shit.

I know you just want to know that Vita piracy is possible. It is.
>>
>>166980041
is that girl (male)?
>>
Why does everyone always recommend an IPS screen for 3DS? Normally TN should be better because of less delay, right?
>>
>>167000235
in 1.5 years

by then the Nintendo Super DS will be out
>>
>>167001212
>root folder
>>
>>167001253
Is it as easy as on the 3ds or wii?
>>
>>167001457

easier.
>>
>>167001426
anons right here >>166959593 >>166959969 told me to make a root folder

before that, the original problem was still there.
>>
What is the number one game to play on n3ds?
>>
File: Monado-1024x371.png (207KB, 1024x371px) Image search: [Google]
Monado-1024x371.png
207KB, 1024x371px
>>167001554
xeeeeeeennnooooooo
the weapon is purposely made to look like a black hole. follow the bread trails in the story to find out why.
>>
>>166989772
This
Why did it get removed? It's not like we would know if someone was close to hacking it. The failoverflow guy didn't announce it until it was done
>>
>>167001672
tm
>>
>>167001986
>>166989772
seems to give false hope to people that are holding off on updating. if there was anything news worthy, it would be worth including.

ps4 owners should just update and enjoy their system. no sense in waiting around for something that may never come.
>>
>>167001554
Xenoblade Chronicles, the only game that NEEDS a New 3DS to play it.

Runner up is Kid Icarus Uprising, you don't need a New 3DS to play that but the whole game is just so damn good that if you haven't played it already then you put your 3DS to shame.
>>
>>167003075
You forgot Fire Emblem Warriors
>>
>>167001212
>root folder
ok the anon who told you that is a mongoloid, put the contents of that onto the actual root of the SD card, with all the stuff so it's on "SDLetterDrive:/"
>>
File: TooTraumatizedToEat.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TooTraumatizedToEat.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
> Hacked n3DS
> Everything works swimmingly
> System transfer from old system
> Looks perfect
> No Homebrew launcher or FBI or LumaUpdater
> PANIC.CIA
> Jump to random 3ds guide spot on the last page
> System restore for some nonsensical reason
> Go through unnecessary motions to redownload said apps even though Luma and HourGlass9 were already installed
> Realize I need to redownload all my games
> Relink NNID, Redownload games
> Move Nintendo 3DS folder from PC (saved SD card data on PC before I began hacking) to SD card again
> Open MH4U
> Don't see save on there
> PANIC.EXE
> Call up Nintendo to see if they could help
> They call it a problem regarding transferring data from a non approved SD card (i.e. they have no clue)

Someone, please, PLEASE just tell me my save data is lost. Just tell me there's no way I can relink my save data (on my SD card) to my games. Just tell me I irreparably fucked up.

Just give me closure. That's all I ask so I can just move on.
>>
>>167003606
Your mistake was panicking. Over literally nothing, no less.

A NAND backup is probably the only way to save it now.
>>
Can a Vita TV be used for hacking/pirating? I'm at a store right now unloading their stock of them for $20.
>>
So is it possible to translate the PS3 version of Tales of Berseria? I know that doing it with SO5 was impossible, but the file structure for the localization of the PS3 and the Steam versions of Tales is quite similar.

I was fooling around with the DAT file and got the menu working, but everything els gives me a black screen.
>>
File: 1461689524092.jpg (12KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
1461689524092.jpg
12KB, 201x199px
>>167003606
I lost a file that had 1 small crown and 2 small crowns away from being a complete file doing this. You're fucked.

Thanks for reminding me
>>
>>167004019
2 large crowns.
I'm too busy feeling retarded to write a sentence properly right now. Please don't pick on me.
>>
>>167003904

of course. THey're all goodfam
>>
>>167003197
>yfw the game has permadeath and breakable weapons
>>
>>167003209
>put the contents of that onto the actual root of the SD card, with all the stuff so it's on "SDLetterDrive:/"
alrighty

i'm gonna try this again...
>>
Is there a way to change the default format NTR takes screenshots in?
>>
>>167004015
>>167004202
you got literal shit in your homebrew
>>
File: top_0027.png (156KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0027.png
156KB, 400x240px
>>167004827
no, and there's no way to make it give them sensible filenames either
get a batch converter
>top_x (3) exists for half my games
>>
So is it possible to use a digital copy of Hyrule Warios legends to get all the shit from it in the Wii U version?
Do I run any risk of either console getting b&?
>>
File: JUDGMENT.jpg (42KB, 608x476px) Image search: [Google]
JUDGMENT.jpg
42KB, 608x476px
>>167004706
>>167003209
OH SHIT IT WORKED

FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
>>167005246
Just download the Wii U DLC.
>>
File: 1455409380355.gif (1MB, 406x449px) Image search: [Google]
1455409380355.gif
1MB, 406x449px
What am I missing other than my dignity from my collection
3ds
>Snake eater
>Animal crossing NL/HH
>Taiko
>Monster hunter Generations
>Swapdoodle
>Spirit of Justice
>Ice Station Z
Vita
>Hotline 1,2
>EDF
>Don't starve
>Gundam Breaker
>Taiko
>AOT
>Necrodancer
>Necrodancer
>Dragon Quest
>Risk of rain

Post your games so I can get some ideas
>>
>want to play P4G
>only way is Vita
>but the game is already running at sub-native res on Vita
>finding hackable Vita/hacked Vita is impossible or super overpriced
>consider Vita TV
>realize that 960x540 would look like ass on literally any TV
>with P4G's subnative res of even less than that will look like jaggytown

fug
>>
>>167005514

>>but the game is already running at sub-native res on Vita
sauce?
>>
File: john cena belly.jpg (54KB, 881x849px) Image search: [Google]
john cena belly.jpg
54KB, 881x849px
>[!] FAILED TO READ THE ARM9 PAYLOAD!
so what did i fuck up this time, /hbg/
>>
>>167003817
>A NAND backup is probably the only way to save it now.

hope.

I don't want this, but thank you.
>>
>>167005998

probably named something incorrectly
>>
>>167006104
yeah, it's filename error. stupid SD card keeps forgetting to write that shit in
>>
File: Screenshot_20170130-124214.jpg (303KB, 1382x972px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170130-124214.jpg
303KB, 1382x972px
Wanting to mod my 3DS to get the English version with the orchestral score. Guide seems easy enough, just wanted to double check that I'm supposed to do pic related with the files I download and not with anything in the 3DS already. Root is the base folder in the SD card too, right? Been a long ass time since I messed with modding anything.
>>
>>167006493
*the English version of Dragon Quest VIII
>>
File: xboxhueg.jpg (18KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
xboxhueg.jpg
18KB, 340x450px
Gonna get me an Xbox huge (apparently 1.6), spoonfeed me on softmodding please.
>>
>>167007136

you can either do a harddrive hotswap or a game save exploit

pick your poison
>>
>>166982468
What banwave?

Also, is there a hacked pokebank already?
>>
>>167006493
so your SDCARD "E:" contains

E:/boot.3dsx (and the rest of the starter.zip)
E:/soundhax.m4a
E:/otherapp.bin
E:/allyourothershit.org
>>
File: Fatal-Frame-Costume-02[1].jpg (35KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal-Frame-Costume-02[1].jpg
35KB, 800x526px
Just hacked my Wii U. Now how do I uncensor Fatal Frame?
>>
>>167005364
3ds: shovelknight
>>
>>167007741
>What banwave?
Like 6k people got banned for "altered save data"
>Also, is there a hacked pokebank already?
No but you can read save files from any game with pkhex and then inject the pokemon into sun/moon
>>
File: xbox liek water.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
xbox liek water.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>167007491
Save exploit requires that memory card, right? Pass. Don't know if the thing comes hardmodded, probably does considering its origins. Just point me to the best things to get and I should manage, looking for Xbox huge homebrewing was a trip to abandoned web 2.0 forums, with no clue of what's still good. No Reddit-friendly, so-retard-proof-it-becomes-confusing-at-times, late adopter guides in sight either.
>>
>>167005548
>Source
Having eyes, for example.

And then you can google.
It runs at ~700x400 something like that
>>
>>167008002
Thanks anon! Really appreciate it
>>
>>167008175

You can just buy a USB adaptor for loading the save file on.

Softmod Installer Deluxe is what I used with the save exploit. I doubt you'll find something comprehensive and absolute though.
>>
>>167008037
I was just playing this not a minute ago.
Theres an uncensored EUR copy on wiiuiso or a patch here https://gbatemp.net/threads/uncensor-project-zero-maiden-of-black-water.453626/ to do by hand.

Heres a completed save.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B027Jdx7Ev_6bjYtaV83aHFjbUU
>>
I'm trying the DS thing on an arm9loader o3ds, using forwarder .cias with version 0.3.1 of nds-bootstrap.

I was at least getting some games to boot on older versions (0.20 I think) but now nothing will boot, not even stuff which is confirmed to work flawlessly.
>>
is the playstation TV 8gb bundle worth it for 45 dollars new?

I'm going to put cfw on it and use it primarily for emulators/ps1 games. Or should I just get a raspberry pi since SD cards are cheaper than Vita memory?
>>
>>167008962

I just answered this in the GBATemp thread.

>>167009127

I'd say it's worth it for Vita games, but emulation isn't worth it unless that bundle includes a controller.
>>
File: xbox.jpg (110KB, 686x1190px) Image search: [Google]
xbox.jpg
110KB, 686x1190px
>>167008369
>I doubt you'll find something comprehensive and absolute though.
Yeah, feared as much. Thanks for the tips anyway. Do you know which revision your huge is? 1.6 doesn't have writable EEPROM, so I'm wondering how much that hinders softmodding.

Sure wish that guy who made those Xbox threads was around now, fear-mongering about the silent death of all models by cap leakage and celebrating homebrew, that guy was passionate enough to spoonfeed everyone.
>>
So, what's the best way to install pirated games that doesnt involve removing the sd card every time?
>>
>>167009365
>emulation isn't worth it unless that bundle includes a controller.
I think it comes with a DS3. If not, I have a few spares
>>
Anything bad will happen if i install a game update to my hdd, if the game is installed in the wii u internal memory?
>>
>>167009365
Thanks my friend. Working well now.
>>
>>167009389

I mentioned the capacitors a lot actually, but there seem to be a few people doing it.
I can't remember which revision I have exactly, but it's obviously not a 1.6.

The EEPROM isn't actually written to AFAIK, it's all on the HDD. You want an EEPROM backup in a safe place though, think of it like your 3DS OTP.
>>
>>167009389
not that guy but I believe this is the guy you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOEen1-234

having a 1.6 xbox doesn't matter too much. Only if you wanted to TSOP which involves soldering 3-4 wires which allows you to use HDDs over 1TB and make/restore a backup of your HDD in case it fails but you won't have to worry about that if you get a new SATA HDD and a IDE to SATA adapter.

Just a heads up if you have a 1.6 Xbox Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF won't play in 480p if you have a component cable ut there's a patched .iso on theISOZone or other websites.

Enjoy your Metal Wolf Chas box anon.
>>
>>167010010

>Enjoy your Metal Wolf Chas box anon.
lol this is actually kind of true. MWC is the reason to mod an Xbox.
>>
>>167008142
I can't find any news not about pokemon GO, do you have a link?
>>
File: hueg.jpg (37KB, 680x474px) Image search: [Google]
hueg.jpg
37KB, 680x474px
>>167009820
I see. That's the impression I got from people throwing the term softmodding around when talking about TSOP.

But yeah, the guy I'm thinking of would start threads telling you to get one for they're dirt cheap. I forget if that was here or on 8, come to think of it.

>>167010010
>2017 Original Xbox Softmod Tutorial + HDD
Well, I feel silly now. Sometimes you get so caught up using specific terms to come up with results when just searching "Xbox mod 2017" would have done it. Thanks, anon.

And you know what, I completely forgot about American Presidency Simulator. Had my mind on JSRF, PDO, NGS and the enhanced multiplats.
>>
>>167010336
http://serebii.net/news/2017/26-January-2017.shtml
>>
>>167010654

You've got some good games in mind there. Don't forget Outrun 2 if you're interested in the more arcade-faithful but content-lacking version of Outrun 2006.
You might also like GunValkyrie. It's pretty fiddly but can be fun once you have the hang of it.
>>
>>167010697
Where they using old Gen pokemon before the pokebank was a thing?
>>
is it safe to have pirated DLC in Wii U internal memory?

and is it safe to play online with pirated DLC?
>>
>>167010802
>Don't forget Outrun 2
Oh yeah, that too. Shame Halo took all the attention, the Xbox library wasn't bad at all.
>if you're interested in the more arcade-faithful
You mean content or gameplay wise?
>>
>>167011274

Gameplay. This version of Outrun is a lot less forgiving with collision detection and lacks slipstreaming. It also lacks the 2SP tracks.
Outrun 2006 has all of those things. It's a great pick up and play to have on a console, and the Xbox version is the best console version.
>>
>>167011541
Interesting. Never seen that mentioned.
>>
>>167011660

2006 is a fine game and you can get it on various platforms, but if you're a rabid Sega fanboy you'll definitely have a copy of 2 somewhere for authenticity's sake. Just how is is.
>>
>>167002817
Something might come though
>>
>>166915838
Guys, most links in the Wii U hacking guide are dead.

Literally dead.
The Smash 4 US mod pack, the Smash 4 "strange file", and various others.

Pls fix.
>>
Post your 3DS homescreen.

I need inspiration.
>>
>>167012726
Literally stock just with black theme instead of white because it goes better with my red 3ds.
>>
is there something wrong with 11.0.0-33E and soundhax? Doesn't even boot into the yellow/red screens. App just closes.
>>
>>167013307
ok I'm retarded and downloaded an otherapp.bin for o3DS. thanks hbg
>>
>>167012587
Shits like 8 months old. It needs an overhaul at this point.
>>
File: 1485497574379.jpg (24KB, 380x259px) Image search: [Google]
1485497574379.jpg
24KB, 380x259px
>tfw you have to go back to being a buyfag when the Switch comes out
U g h
>the games aren't priced like 3ds games but rather wii u games
U G H
>50 bucks for fucking Bomberman
U G FUCKING H
I don't mind 60 on shit like Zelda
But this is what killed the Wii U for me until loadiine became a thing
>>
File: 1403344414110.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1403344414110.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
If I have a 3DS game cartridge can I just pop it in and download the game's the DLC from the freeshop? (for example the DLC songs from Theatrhythm Final Fantasy)
>>
File: pikachu-new-3ds-xl-656x656.jpg (68KB, 656x656px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu-new-3ds-xl-656x656.jpg
68KB, 656x656px
>$199
>feb 24th
>11.3 nowhere in sight and consoles already prepared for shipment to retailers
safe to say it comes hax ready. /hbg/ plan on buying one?
>>
>>167013631
Your only choice is buying one asap and not updating ever. You'll be guaranteed the first available hax whenever it happens, if ever.
>>
>>167013836
Source on being prepared to ship out?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (74KB, 628x589px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
74KB, 628x589px
>>167013631
I honestly wouldn't mind this if it was any other company, but Nintendo are the most jewish jews when it comes to game sales.

You could literally be waiting over a year or two for a $59.99 game to drop in price, or go on sale for more than 40% off.
>>
File: 1485766054981.jpg (74KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
1485766054981.jpg
74KB, 500x525px
>>167013929
I plan on going mainly cartridge this time unlike with 3ds
I'll probably only update when a game I buy really requires it
Plus if any progress is made at all I'm not gonna update
>>
>>167014119
Wouldn't update at all senpai, what if exploits are discovered early but released late, and you've update already? This pretty much ruined PS3 and 3DS hax for me for quite a while...
>>
>>167014330
Id rather not spend 300 on a system and not be able to play any of it's games
I particularly want MK8 and Splatoon2, and by then it'll probably be 2.0 firmware
>>
>>167013993
They have 23 days to meet their deadline. If the goal is to have them on shelves at local retailers(like the articles suggested), they're already boxed and waiting to be moved to stores across the nation. Their not going to wait two weeks till the 24th and decide to start boxing and loading on to trucks.
>>
>>167014424
You only get so long of free online anyway before the shekel harvest kicks in, would make sense for them to kill the wiiu online services around that time to induce a withdrawal state to make you spend.
>>
>>167014119
you're lucky that nintendo is staggering releases for later this year. that gives you a good 6 month wait to see if any entry points are revealed.

odyssey for sure will require an update, but by then there should be hints of homebrew emerging, if not already up and running.
>>
>>167013836
>3DS LL
>LL

Can someone explain what this means?
>>
>>167014819

LL is the nip name for XL.
>>
>>167013836
>XL
no thanks
>>
>>167014819
You know how sizes can be XL?
LL is also a possible variant.
>>
>>167014330
Pretty sure PS3 had a window for staying at 3.55.
>>
>>167014892
What does LL specifically mean though
Legit large?
>>
>>167015029
Large large.
>>
>>167013836
Would look pretty nice without the decal.
>>
File: wizard-1024x683.jpg (42KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
wizard-1024x683.jpg
42KB, 1024x683px
>>167015120
>wanting a plain yellow 3ds
for what purpose? I was actually hoping nintendo would let us design lab our own 3ds, similar to what xbox did for their controllers.
>>
>>167015110
*Rarge rarge.
>>
Switch CFW when? :3
>>
>>167015383
Branded consoles are often too lazy these days, you can tell someone slapped some artwork on it and called it a day just from looking. They used to be more creative or at least more tasteful.
>>
File: VDLuIMG.png (89KB, 541x548px) Image search: [Google]
VDLuIMG.png
89KB, 541x548px
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand v4 is up.

http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/279338-mega-dragon-quest-viii-journey-cursed-king-orchestral-uncensored-eur.html
>>
>>167015965
>EU
v5 when?
>>
>>167016028
I never made US to begin with and never will.
>>
File: 1386442445432.png (4KB, 303x243px) Image search: [Google]
1386442445432.png
4KB, 303x243px
>>167015965
Great job
>>
>>167015798
Also, they just limit those colors to branded shit. Why? When was the last time a Nintendo handheld had good standard colors? DS Lite?
>>
>>167016105
Is there a particular reason for that? Would it really be that much trouble?
>>
Good website for flashcards? nds-card?
>>
File: 1428692499332.png (71KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1428692499332.png
71KB, 800x750px
>>167015965
Guess it's time to download this for the third time and let it rot in my library once more.

Good job though.
>>
>>167016245
3ds
>>
>>167016253
>Download US rom (~10 minutes)
>Extract US rom (~5 minutes)
>Put rom on the SD card (~15 minutes)
>Decrypt rom (~1 hour)
>Copy the rom back to PC (~10 minutes)
>Unpack US rom (~30 minutes)
>Replace files (~2 minutes)
>Edit header (~2 minutes)
>Repack rom (~30 minutes)
>Put repacked rom on the SD (~15 minutes)
>Encrypt repacked rom (~2 hours)
>Install repacked rom and test rom (~1 hour)
>Copy repacked rom back to PC (~10 minutes)
>Zip the repacked rom (~15 minutes)
>Upload repacked rom (~1 hour)

Take a fucking guess.

>>167016552
kek
>>
>got my r4 in finally
>no clue how to set it up
apparently there's like thirty different versions of the r4 and they're all knockoffs and there's no original anymore and they all require different firmware

nani the fucko
>>
>>167013774
want to know this too
>>
>>167016725
People like you that buy R4 should be executed because not only is it the absolutely worst DS flashcart but also the one with most bullshit, clones, kill-switches and god knows what else.

All you had to do was get an AceKard 2i
>>
>>167013774
http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/277133-mega-theatrhythm-curtain-call-dlc-including-krile-usa.html
>>
>>167016825

>AK2i clones don't exist
>>
>>167016825
>kill-switches
What?.
>>
>>167016950
Is that a "no"?
>>
>>167016825
http://www.dsflashcart.com/acekard-2i-flashcart-for-nintendo-ds-dsi-3ds-p-251.html
>we have stopped selling this card because it is not worth buying
who do i believe
>>
>>167017071
It's not a no. Because you can do that.
>>
>>167016670
You could have just said, "Yes, it would take me almost 8 hours to do everything I'd need to do, and I've already paid my dues."
>>
>>167017090
None of flashcarts worked on 3DS anon except for DSTWO.
It's A9LH and Luma that re-enables use of flashcarts regardless of how old they are.
AK2i and its firmware is considerably better than R4 and you don't want DSTWO due to the extra onboard CPU being always enabled so it just drains your battery.

>>167017017
Some of the R4 have a kill-switch that makes them kill themselves after last day of December 2016 to make you buy the new "2017 Edition" which has a killswitch for 2017 in it.
>>
>>167015965
>http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/279338-mega-dragon-quest-viii-journey-cursed-king-orchestral-uncensored-eur.html
Fuck you and your eurshit.
>>
>>167015965
Thanks for doing the dirty work you filthy racist fuck
>>
>>167017359
Feel free to get raped by niggers you literal entitled nigger uneducated shitlord, eat shit and die.
Because that's all you deserve for being too stupid to use Luma.

>>167017425
You're welcome :^)
>>
>>167017251
Take solace in the fact that he's doing all the heavy lifting for free while we just have to sit back and reap the benefits
>>
>>167017334
i'm putting this in my DSi, not my 3DS.
>>
>>167017143
My cartridge is EU but thanks. So I can just download the regular DLC from freeshop?
>>
>>167017475
It is a matter of convenience you stupid sheep and if you can not see that then no wonder you must have been born on a highway, because that's where most accidents happen.
>>
>>167017334
>AK2i and its firmware is considerably better than R4
Why tho.
Does it really make a difference?
>>
Can HANS not be used on games installed from the freeshop?
>>
>people complaining about clones
>not just buying from nds-cards and paying the high ass shipping to ensure you get a legit card
why? it's even sponsored by gba-temp, which is our bestfriend.
>>
>>167017334

>None of flashcarts worked on 3DS anon except for DSTWO.
lol
>>
>>167013631
>U G FUCKING H

Dumb sissy anime boy.
>>
>>167017831
I can confirm this is false, but I don't want to get into a shit flinging contest. he's right tho that luma/a9 enabled use of ancient carts, which was great since my old itouch had all my saves and custom UI on it.
>>
>>167017592
>i'm putting this in my DSi, not my 3DS.
Oh.

Then you want DSTWO, since the extra CPU functions properly on DS/DSi. As in stays off unless you're using the DSTWO emulators that take advantage of the extra CPU.
In 3DS it goes bonkes due to something being different with the contacts and the extra CPU always running.

>>167017708
>Literally too stupid to set up Luma region emulation which is a one time thing that takes a minute
>but will bitch at me for not wanting to waste 8 hours of my life instead to pander to his subhuman faggotry
Choke on a bag of dicks you literal microcock nigger.

>>167017710
Best you can get with R4 are Wood and YsMenu both of which are inferior to AKAIO in functionality, stability and speed.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO

>>167017831
>>167018014
Read entire post this time with reading comprehension you literal retards.
>>
File: you.jpg (57KB, 1075x717px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
57KB, 1075x717px
>>167016586
>>
what could be wrong with freeshop?
can't even open it
just crashes back to the home menu without any sign of error message
>>
>>167018042
>None of flashcarts worked on 3DS anon except for DSTWO.
go ahead and explain what you meant
>>
>>167018240
If you have a 3DS without any exploit/CFW on it, running latest firmware, then the only DS flashcart that still works to my knowledge is a DSTWO.
A9LH/Luma removes that limitation.
>>
>>167018042
Anon dont pay atention to those stupid burgers
You did a grate job and me and several other people apreciate it

Even a spic like myself knows how to use luma region
>>
>>167018042
So DSTWO is the best one for the DSi? Well, shit.

I guess I'll order that one next, when I've got the cash for it. In the meantime, I've almost finished setting up my R4 SDHC; what's the worst that'll happen if something goes wrong with it? It's not gonna brick my system, will it?
>>
>>167018308

Nope, millions of R4 clones still work on latest OFW. Go to any of the pages where you can buy then and they will advertise it.
>>
>>167018308
>If you have a 3DS without any exploit/CFW on it, running latest firmware, then the only DS flashcart that still works to my knowledge is a DSTWO.
Which I said is false because I was running my non DSTWO long before I started using homebrew. This was months before Ironhax.

I'm not trying to fight over this, just simply stating that other cards also worked without any form of CFW, or exploits.
>>
>>167018320
DSTWO has some really nice stuff like real-time pause with notepad (good for taking notes in vidya and stuff), cheats, save states (actual save states for DS games) and plugin functionality for the DSTWO itself including decent GBA emulator and acceptable SNES emulator considering DS limitations.

>>167018429
>millions
Actually I just googled to see if anything changed and there indeed apparently are two R4 clones called "R4i GOLD 3DS RTS" and "R4 SDHC Dual-Core" that do work on post 9.8 3DS firmware, but before those clones existed DSTWO was legit the only one that worked.
My info was just outdated for which I apologize.

>>167018515
See this post, my bad. But it's not really "long" unless you consider 9.8 to be long ago.
>>
>>167017942
D-dont bully me...
>>167018113
It did though
Purple, blue, red, it had a ton of standard colors, albeit some jap only
>>
>>167018320
The thing people won't tell you about DSTWO is that the little cunt keeps draining your battery as long as it's plugged.
>>
>>167008002
So with the rest of Starter.zip, do I drag over the starter folder in the same directory as boot.3dsx or the contents of that folder?
>>
>>167018598
Except if you read the thread you'd know that he's looking for a flashcart for his DSi, not 3DS, and that issue only exists if you're using DSTWO on a 3DS. Furthermore I did tell him in the very first post that it drains battery on 3DS due to extra CPU in DSTWO being always enabled on 3DS as a result of slightly different contact pins or something.
In DS consoles it works as intended though.
>>
>>167018723

Never actually knew that it worked differently on a 3DS. I thought it was that way all the time.
>>
>>167018712
the folder. the structure in the zip file is the same structure on your SD
>>
>>167018320
>It's not gonna brick my system, will it?
Nah, but it's a really shitty cheap quality garbage running crappy menu/firmware.
You want to use Wood on R4 though in case you are using R4 Menu or YSMenu as Wood is least shitty of the three.
>>
>>167018570
>pre 9.8
well I guess that explains it. I wasn't part of the scene back then. I bought my 3ds maybe 5-6 months before ironhax, and remember just sitting on it without updating until I came across this general.

fucking amazing how much shit has changed since then.
>>
>>167018573
As in release red? Cause that looked like tomato red and some nasty orange under certain lighting. Blue was alright, I guess, a little to extravagant for my tastes.

>>167018723
>it drains battery on 3DS due to extra CPU in DSTWO being always enabled on 3DS as a result of slightly different contact pins or something.
Yeah? Never heard of that. Mind digging up a reliable source? Sounds like common knowledge that would spread out like wildfire as soon as found out.
>>
So... Acekard 2i for 3ds?
>>
>>167018950

GBATemp's old DSTwo review claims that battery drain only increases when you're using DSTwo-specific emulators.
Seems to be like that anon's right, though the proof isn't concrete.
>>
>>167018808
DS allows hardware expansions in cartridges for stuff like Rumble for some Pokemon shit for example.
DSTWO used that funcionality to add a small onboard CPU to itself that worked in tandem with DS' own CPU for extra emulation and plugin capability.
On DSi the CPU was only active when it needed to use it for something, like running one of the DSTWO's emulators.

3DS had that expansion feature for cartridges removed, so now anything from DS carts that uses them acts as "always on" when used in 3DS.

>>167018950
>Mind digging up a reliable source?
Literally first results in google if you type "3ds dstwo cpu battery"
>>
>>167015965
>Downloaded this fucking game 3 times already and still haven't played it
Fuck everything.
>>
>>167018970
Acekard 2i - 20 bucks
R4i Golds 3TS - 15 bucks
DSTTwo - Battery Drain

Acekard has nicer ui than r4i.
R4i ui looks like something a child made but fully functional otherwise

Make your pick
>>
>>167018970
AK2i and DSTWO were generally the two best flashcarts at the end of DS' lifespan with DSTWO being the more "premium" one of the two and working on newer DSi firmwares that blocked AK2i after it stopped being updated and DSTWO having extra features.

Since DSTWO drains your 3DS battery, AK2i is indeed the best choice.
AKAIO menu is pure sex and has tons of skins and customization, just check the AK2 section of GBAtemp.
>>
>>167019085

I only remember the IR for Pokemon as an expansion in the actual DS cart.
The rumble pak fit in the GBA slot instead.
>>
>>167015965
Cheers Canzah.

Still hesitating to download v4 because you have a tendency to find another fault and reupload.

Promise me you won't do it again.

PROMISE ME CANZAH!!!
>>
>>167019195
Acekard also has more stable UI in general and doesn't derp out.

>>167019209
>The rumble pak fit in the GBA slot instead.
I think you could be right with that one, point is the Slot 1 extra functionality is "always on" in 3DS.
>>
>>167019202

>tfw AKAIO is closed source so you can't touch it up with new DSi features
>>
>>167019085
>DSTWO+ review
No wonder I never came across that.
>>
>>167018829
Good to know. Thanks man. It's been a long time since I've felt like a fish out of water when it comes to tech. Not sure if it's refreshing or horrifying
>>
>>167019305

Then people must be getting fucked over if they leave Pokemon HGSS/BW/B2W2 in the slot, right?
>>
>>167019294
>Promise
Already said that unless a bug is found, then this is final.
I sure as fucking hell ain't even gonna try making the outfits look any better, did absolutely best I could considering the limitations I had to work with. Just play it, I know I am finally going to.

>>167019312
AK's death in general was purely a result of their closed source faggotry. Thank god Luma/A9LH made AK2 viable again.

>>167019393
Oh yeah I keep forgetting DSTWO had some re-release called +, no idea what the difference is though.

>>167019432
I don't really like Pokemon or know much about them but do HGSS/BW1/2 come with some extra CPU in them that would drain the battery?
>>
>>167019546

Was AKAIO actually supported by the Acekard team?

Those games all have the IR thingy in the card.
>>
File: 1484540810189.png (247KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484540810189.png
247KB, 700x800px
Been completely out of the loop since HENkaku released. Is it possible to install PSP ISO images to a 3.60 vita?
>>
I owned and used a dstwo for 3 years before it died with my 3ds. I never noticed a significant battery drain, and I dont recall it ever being an issue.
I bought an extended battery pack around a year or two after getting the 3ds though. If you have a 3ds, you should get an extended battery
But I never had an issue with battery even before I got the extended battery
>>
>>167019643
>Was AKAIO actually supported by the Acekard team?
It was at the end of its lifecycle from what I recall.

>Those games all have the IR thingy in the card.
Most likely drains then, though I can't imagine IR being anywhere near as drainy as a ~400mhz CPU that DSTWO has.
>>
>>167019674

that's what adrenaline and ark are for
>>
>>167019546
It was just a Gateway clone on top of the standard DSTWO as far as I knew. Dropped interest as soon as the first details surfaced.
>>
>>167019397
yw, happy shacking
>>
>>167019792
Yeah looking at the review on GBAtemp it seems to be literally just a DSTWO with a Gateway-clone functionality added on top, with all the DSTWO portion of it still running identical to the original. Aka pointless at this point.
>>
guys, what do i do at this part?

i'm finally nearing Section V, but this part is confusing me a lot

do i go ahead and just update or should i turn it off and do the "firmware.bin" part as well?
>>
>>167019968
Pointless during its release as well.
>>
>>167020039

you do what it says
>>
>>167020039
Read it again until you understand it.
>>
>>167020095
I'll take your word for that as I haven't been paying attention to it at all.
>>
>>167020249
>>167020275
turn it off and do the "firmware.bin" part?
>>
>>167020326

was your backup made between firmware 3.0 and 4.5?
hint: it probably wasn't
>>
Reminder to put the ps4 back in the OP to keep hope alive
>>
>>167020326
If your backup was between those two firmware (i.e if before starting the guide, your 3ds was on a firmware between 3.0 and 4.5) them do the firmware.bin stuff. Otherwise, just update
>>
>>167020394
i have zero idea

will i be able to check the NAND backup back in the homebrew menu?
>>
>DSi with a DSTWO
>3DS with AK2i
Best combination.
>>
>>167020487

no

is it a n3ds?
>>
So nds-card is giving me a "Return URL is not correct" error. Is there another website I should use or wait for this to be fixed?
>>
>>167020326
did you use soundhax?
if yes, skip that part you weren't on 3.x-4.5
>>
>>167020532

DS phat with EZ 3-in-1 and any bog standard flashcard > DSi with DSTwo
>>
>>167020301
If I recall right, CFW development was well on its way at the time (either almost into 9.2 days or early 9.2 days) and Sky3ds was already on the market.
>>
>>167020547
yes

>>167020567
>did you use soundhax?
yes
>if yes, skip that part you weren't on 3.x-4.5
will do

>>167020479
>(i.e if before starting the guide, your 3ds was on a firmware between 3.0 and 4.5) them do the firmware.bin stuff. Otherwise, just update
gonna try it now
>>
File: 3ds SD card structure.jpg (317KB, 3726x750px) Image search: [Google]
3ds SD card structure.jpg
317KB, 3726x750px
Last post, I promise. Just making extra sure I didn't fuck up since I definitely don't have the money to replace my 3DS if I do. Is everything correct?
>>
>>167020734
You're running soundhax, it's not going to fuck anything up
>>
>>167020648
>EZ 3-in-1
Enjoy your super fake shitty rumble and battery drain.
>>
Okay I bought that Vita TV and its on FW 3.20. I'm ready for free vidya
>>
>>167020825

I'll enjoy working GBA games instead :)
>>
>>167020915
>I'll enjoy working GBA games instead :)
But DSTWO can do that as well.
Pretty much every game worth a salt works on TempGBA.
>>
>>167021045

With frameskip and glitched graphics maybe
>>
>>167021189
>With frameskip
Of 1 at worst and only in most intensive games (Golden Sun for example)
No glitched graphics.
>>
Can you get themes off the freeshop?
>>
>gave myself 999 rare candies and ultra balls
>had gamesync activated and went online after so i cant remove them from my game or next time i game sync the game would ban me for altering save data
>also added some kalos dex entries

how fucked am i? i want to use the gts but i dont want to get fucked
>>
>>167021249

The compatibility list reports plenty of games (even important ones like Metroid and Kirby) running at 30fps (aka frameskip 1)

Like I said, I'd rather have GBA games that work correctly.
>>
>>167021279
download home menu dlc in freeshop
>>

Please help.
>>
>>167021430
30 FPS is still working correctly, or are you one of those MUH FUHREHMEHT POHLIHS TOTALASSCANCER retards?
Not to mention TempGBA has a dynamic frameskip rather than a fix one that only engages if framerate drops.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's perfect, but considering the fact it's being emulated on DS then it's really great results all thing considered and perfectly playable.
Especially in turn based games like JRPGs where framerate is completely irrelevant.
>>
File: 1377334755331.jpg (256KB, 1440x1353px) Image search: [Google]
1377334755331.jpg
256KB, 1440x1353px
>>167015965
God bless you anon, have some anime tiddies.
>>
>>167021438
Thanks
>>
>>166982468
Bump
>>167007741
The one from when moon leaked a week before release.
>>
>>167017774
Since this seems to be the case, is there a way to apply patches to games installed via freeshop?
>>
>>167021628

>Running at half speed is working correctly.
Meh.

I'm just saying, games play a lot worse when you're emulating them on weak hardware than they do when you play them on real hardware so if the option is there it's better to use it.
Responsive controls and high framerate might not matter in a JRPG but they're very important in 2D platformers, which the GBA has plenty of.
>>
>>167015965
So... v5 will be undub ?
Anyway I'm amazed at your work, dear anon.
Thanks a billion.
>>
>>167021579
Wait, if I delete the updates and dlc and reinstall them will my saves be fine?
>>
>>167018950
i don't know what your idea of common knowledge is because I spent two days researching flashkarts before I pulled the trigger and apparently I ended up with a junker
>>
>>167021858
>>Running at half speed is working correctly.
Framerate =/= Speed.
It's not running 2x slower.
The speed doesn't change, it's not like the framerate is tied to animations/speed.

>>167021875
Nah, I don't care about JP voices for DQ8 since I think the casting is very meh for the most part.
>>
>>167022009
>Nah, I don't care about JP voices for DQ8 since I think the casting is very meh for the most part.
Well, that's fine by me, I just wanted to train my ear to nip voices while playing as I'm a weeb in training.
>>
>>167022145
Play my megaten undubs then, they actually needed those
>>
>>167022009

I know what frameskip is for m8.
If you want to play GBA games, you're better off with a 3-in-1 than a DSTwo. It performs better and it plays more games. That's just the truth of it.
>>
what do i need to put on me n3ds to use emulators?
>>
>>167022217
3-in-1, an expansion that only works on the objectively terrible DS Phat and the objectively shit sounding with super small screen DS Lite.
DSi eliminated all problems of DS Phat and Lite.
And if you want GBA you should be playing them on 3DS instead period.
>>
>>167022306

DS Phat was great though. Built like a tank and the last one to be made out of Nintendium. It's also the only one in the DS line to have a d-pad worth mentioning.

DSi's battery will drain flat in no time whatsoever, especially if you're using a DSTwo to emulate. The only reason to go for the DSi is a handful of DSiWare games.

>And if you want GBA you should be playing them on 3DS instead period.
Or that yeah, but I like how they look in native res on the DS displays.
>>
New thread

>>167022443
>>
>>166952678
Is FTPD faster than regular wireless transfer?
>>
>>166982468
>Anything that restores NNID functionality?
no

can the public friendcodeseed_b for online in games to work again
>>
>>167013586
indeed
Thread posts: 759
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.