[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1024

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 754
Thread images: 148

File: 1485060767988.jpg (275KB, 600x878px) Image search: [Google]
1485060767988.jpg
275KB, 600x878px
Please Don't Die ;_; Edition

Previous: >>166243052

News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (IT WILL HAVE WAIFUS EVENTUALLY)
>Tyranny is out

Sales:

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
http://pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>http://www.dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
running away from his autistic son

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
http://dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
http://dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_eVcCAUXo

Friendly reminder that only YOU can fix /dag/+/bwg/!
>>
dead on arrival
>>
>>166480505
/dag/ has died a long time ago. Currently it's just flooded with cucks from /meg/ that have nothing better to do with their lives.
>>
File: 337-buster_keaton.jpg (936KB, 800x1146px) Image search: [Google]
337-buster_keaton.jpg
936KB, 800x1146px
>>166480692
>/dag/ has died a long time ago
>>
File: tumblr_ok1h3piYTU1tj9t7xo1_1280.jpg (242KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok1h3piYTU1tj9t7xo1_1280.jpg
242KB, 700x621px
>>166479670
Am I the only one who felt Tyranny did Inquisition's premise better than Inquisition?
>Actually inquire into things
>Pass judgement more regularly
>Get into some questionable things on behalf of a questionable authority
>Actual base construction that is useful on higher levels, funding is mostly just needed from you, no explicit gathering required

It didn't have waifu but I though the party members were better. And maybe its just me but I thought combat was better than DAO.

[spoilers] Also Kyros is a better conceived character than Cory [/spoilers]
>>
>>166480817
>Am I the only one who felt Tyranny did Inquisition's premise better than Inquisition?
Perhaps it did, but it still failed at delivering its own premise because you can't actually be evil. Why is is Tunon hanging out with these homos?
>>
>>166480949
Tunon and Noctis have the same voice actor.
And I'd say you can be fairly evil
>Genocide various peoples
>Murder infants
I mean what do you consider evil?
>>
>>166481161
In Obsidian's previous games, you could be much more hardcore. I thought it was disappointing that you're pretty much just acting like Kyros' pooch in Tyranny.
>FFXV exists
>FO4 exists
>people still think DA:I was a bad sequel
>>
>>166481578
That's kind of the point though. That real evil is in the details, in the bureaucracy of your job and what it requires.

It's not going out every day and raping your heart out, it's in the evils you abide in your duty.

I thought it was more interesting on the whole without using weak, softening character arcs to flesh out the baddies around you
>Ashe
>Nerat
>Bleden Mark
>Tunon
It doesn't make the bad guys in the story into "This happened in their past and that's why they're bad now."

DA:I wasn't a bad sequel, it was just a bad game.
>>
>>166482161
>DA:I wasn't a bad sequel, it was just a bad game.
this

anything compared to DA2 would be considered a good sequel. but inquisition had way too many flaws to be considered a good game
>>
>>166482419
I mean, Inquisition didn't absolutely assrape the living fuck out of its own lore like ME3 did. It added tons of stuff that seems kind of out of place but they didnt directly undermine what was previously established.
>>
>>166482161
Using bureaucracy as the backbone of your narrative is an interesting concept, but the actual interactions in the game happen face-to-face with other characters and the ethical immorality is severely lacking in that respect. Like you meet a random rebel and kill him because Kyros' law dictates him, and the player doesn't have any agency in it so it just feels like following the game's internal rules. Meanwhile, you could do things like making your skull companion live in eternal suffering just because he lied to you in Planescape, or lure innocent people into cannibals' trap in Mask of the Betrayer. Things like that feel much more visceral.
>>
>>166482689
ok yeah but everything from the ending of the mage templar war onward was so, it was just so bad.

a dlc villain who's not even the real villain, an anticlimactic end to the mage-templar war, pointless area's which have nothing to do with that story, pointless dlc's, horrible Origins tier animations. and bad VA's

i played DAI and completed it 3 times, but there we so many times when i thought to myself "why am i playing this?"
>>
File: tumblr_ojjxmvVDtA1syx4izo1_1280.png (162KB, 578x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojjxmvVDtA1syx4izo1_1280.png
162KB, 578x700px
>>166482692
That's somewhat the point though. Kyros' presence places an enormous restraint on how good one can be.
You can relish your role as butcher but there's a hard limit on how good you can be. You can do the best in your role but you're still restricted to carrying out a malicious will.

I suppose I'll say that I felt like the evil done in Tyranny was more impactful because it sneaks up on you, like a fresh eyed German going into the SS to help his own people and ends up ferrying people to the ovens. It's evil that happens less because you're a pure sadist (though you can do that from time to time, like having Sirin kill that child) but even good people end up doing bad things, good intentions are twisted into fairly horrific action. Costs are made for personal greater good.

You're right that other games do this sort of thing more viscerally but I feel like that's to make it stand out more from the 'good' path options, it's a way that you don't have to really think or discern what's the good route and the evil route.

In Tyranny, most routes are evil to a point, there's no absolutely good route.
>>
>>166483683
Jesus, three times? Why would you do that to yourself? Are you one of those youtubers who try to film every cutscene variant?

I was at least able to play through ME1-3 multiple times but I can't imagine going through Inquisition more than once...it was just so weak, all the dosh went towards textures and open map areas.

Like why can't Bioware just hire better animators, is one of the animators the producer's friend or something?
>>
>>166483897
>I can't imagine going through Inquisition more than once
I feel the same way about Mass Effect to be honest.
>>
>>166483715
I haven't played it yet, but isn't going full rebel the "good" route? That way, you only have to oppose Kyros' forces.
>>
>>166483897
>Are you one of those youtubers who try to film every cutscene variant?
im not a youtuber but i do like to see the game from different angles.

>qunari male warrior, viv divine
>female elf rogue, lel divine
>human male mage, cass divine

i saw the game from 3 different pov's and i can safely say it's just not very good.

>>166484046
>I feel the same way about Mass Effect to be honest.
t.bh as much as I like ME and Jack i've only been able to play through the trilogy twice, and i have no intention of playing it again before MEA comes out.
>>
>>166484165
Not really because you're prolonging the conflict against Kyros. One of the things the game hammers is that Kyros him/herself isn't an absolute good or evil either. Overbearing and over-reacting, yes, but his/her rule comes with an enormous amount of social order (generally).
The Tiers have their own issues: they were generally at war with each other prior to Kyros showing up (part of how they were able to start getting beat down was that none helped the others when they were being invaded), they've got more deeply ingrained social stigma compared to Kyros' law (Women = men under Kyros, there are more specific roles in the Tiers). The BB captain unleashes the Bane such that he can be the one to control them and be a hero. The Vendrien guard makes a deal with both factions for its own survival, allowing war to perpetually consume their land. The Regent of the Unbroken has been hoarding the limited resources of his keep to himself.

They're the ones being invaded and so they're not the aggressors, but the Tiers don't have clean hands especially given that the reason they couldn't unite before the invasion was because they had hundreds of years of infighting hatred towards each other. They killed more of their own over history than Kyros ever did.
>>
>>166485262
I see, thanks for the explanation. I guess it's so easy to sympathize with the oppressed that their own shortcomings go unnoticed. In the end, it all boils down to whether you, the player, find divine law or free will to be the foundation of goodness. I honestly don't remember many details about the setting because I only played Tyranny once when it came out. I've been waiting until they release some dlcs or even expansions, but now Obsidian is officially working on PoE2 so it looks like Tyranny is over.
>>
>>166486249
Yeah, which is pretty disappointing since I felt like they were gonna do some cool stuff with the edict system in expansions.

I mean each faction ending has shades of good vs bad in them. My first play through was a Disfavored one with a good-leaning Vigor Brawler. I did good where I could but I wanted Tunon to praise me so I upheld the law where it was required which often led me to hurt people who honestly didn't know better half the time. I crushed the Tiers but with the goal of civilizing them ala Disfavored influence.

Seeing Graven Ashe, with all his prejudice as well as his warmth and love made me really think that he was the best outcome for the Tiers. The ending actually felt really amazingly satisfying though I still wish I could have an expansion where you lead an assault into the North and you're confronted with what uprooting the established, 400 year old order does.
>>
Standard procedure strawpoll.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12189059
>>
Wait, there's only 4 of us? Jesus christ.
>>
>>166489847
>>
5 now. Good morning!
>>
Thread back from the dead!
>>
>>166489062
>I mean each faction ending has shades of good vs bad in them.
What about Nerat? He only leaves chaos whenever he goes and the only willing members of his legion are crazy nothing personnell edgelords.
>Seeing Graven Ashe, with all his prejudice as well as his warmth and love made me really think that he was the best outcome for the Tiers.
I actually didn't like him because his whole "warmth and love" is only reserved to his special group of pampered soldier-children who fit his very narrow definition of what a respectable human being should be like. Like I get that he's doing a job he actually hates and that he's ultimately serving his own nation in the end the best way he can, but I don't think he's right for the job at all.
>>166489485
>18-20
Ew.
>>
>>166489976
>>166490123
I only see 3 votes.
>>
my ass
>>
>>166490229
Right, he's got his own evil but he's got his own humanity as well. It's not a "Some foreigner killed my son and now I hate all foreigners" but more just "Look at these people sitting in their squalor, let's go 1945 Germany on them." He's got some genuinely reprehensible views that make him more human, in my opinion at least.

Nerat has his own odd vision for the Tiers. If Ashe is the germanic idea of Us vs Them, of a strong but small and separate knit community being the cornerstone of a proper society, then Nerat is the French idea of breaking down barriers between people and finding unity and strength in a Dionysian fever dream.

They actually remind me a lot of Alucard and the Major from Hellsing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHrlk-USGY

Nerat is Alucard, absorbing people (into himself and the Chorus) and breaking them down to their most base instincts to achieve unity. Ashe is the Major, fundamentally oriented with the divisions between him and his troops and everyone else: it serves as a strength but it also fetters him (by his Aegis as well as his tactics).
>>
>>166491226
>Nerat is the French idea of breaking down barriers between people and finding unity and strength in a Dionysian fever dream.
That's an interesting idea, I haven't thought about it that way. Yes, I've been bothered by the discrepancy between the ideologies promoted by Nerat (obsessed with self-improvement) and his legion (survival of the fittest), but it actually makes sense when you put it like that.
>Hellsing comparisons
Does Nerat also have a girly trap alternate form?
Tunon is father Anderson on crack cocaine.
>>
>>166492104
>Tunon is father Anderson on crack cocaine.
Meant it the other way around, Tunon is a good boy.
>>
File: youjo-senki-330x246.jpg (18KB, 330x246px) Image search: [Google]
youjo-senki-330x246.jpg
18KB, 330x246px
>>166492104
Nerat has god knows how many souls and identities in himself so I wouldn't doubt that he has a girly trap form.
Probably looks like pic related

Also, the Andersen bit is pretty accurate.

Did Obsidian literally just discover Hellsing Ultimate for the first time and was like "Let's make a dating sim, but instead of dating you get praised by the main characters of Hellsing"
>>
File: Hellsing-Seras.jpg (83KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hellsing-Seras.jpg
83KB, 800x640px
>>166492703
>can befriend a young woman with superpowers who had a terrible past but still retains her morals and integrity
>>
>>166493114
Ashe -> Major
Barik -> Lieutenant/Pip
Verse -> Vampire Seras
Sirin -> Human Seras
Eb -> Integra
Lantry-> Walter
KillsIn-> Alucard's Dog
Nerat -> Alucard

Mostly in terms of inspiration, not really their relationship to each other.
>>
>>166493114
>>
>>166493114
protect that smile
>>
this used to be a da general
>>
>>166493962
There used to be DA games to play.
I guess things change
>>
File: 1465171676527.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1465171676527.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>166489485
>18-20
>3
Explains a lot.
>>
>>166495072
I remember reading some pseudo-psychology article about how the brain isn't capable of considering someone else's feelings until a person is 21-22. The presence of actual children really does explain a lot about the recent state of /dag/.
>>
>>166495072
I am more surprised there are 30-32 yr old people here. Like what the fuck they are doing here?
>>
>>166495072
Wowzers.
>>166495454
I've read something along the same lines. That a particular part of the brain associated with reasoning wasn't fully developed until about 25. I would have to look that shit up again.
I'm pretty sure that everyone here is underdeveloped in the reasoning department or else we wouldn't be here, shitposting existence.
>>
>>166495736
Complaining about young people, as you might expect.
>>
>>166495736
Mommy alone is literally 150% better than all the neo-/meg/ shits combined.
>>
>>166486249
PoE2 being worked on is no indication that they've stopped working on Tyranny, they are separate teams
>>
Tfw 22 and feel old already.
>>
>>166495854
I just use shitposting as a way to cope with the dreadful uncertainty of human existence. Alcoholism is too expensive to sustain.
>>
>>166496115
I'm 22 too.
Know what makes me feel really old though? Seeing old Bioware games. Honestly they made up a big part of my younger gaming experience and now, seeing how long ago they released makes me ask where the time went (though they generally look really good for their age (but the animations have always been garbage)).
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism
*ahem*
>>
>>166495736
Where do you think you will be when you are 30, realistically? When will the day come where you drop 4chan? Tomorrow, in a year? Two?
>>
>>166496571
>ywn go back to to the time when Bioware and Obsidian worked together to make great games
>>
>>166496767
Never
>>
>>166496767
He'll obviously have two wives and earn enough money to sustain a family of ten.
>>
>>166496767
4chan is for 18-25.
>>
>>166490527
>>166489976
>>166489847

10 posters 10 votes
>>
>>166495072
>30-32
>3
Nothing is explained here yet
>>
>>166497129
Predators preying on innocent young children
>>
>>166497060
>hiro is too old for 4chan
He is seriously 40? He is fucking beautiful.
>>
>>166495072
>>166495454
>>166497129
>>166497060
"These days, a consensus of neuroscientists agree that brain development likely persists until at least the mid-20s – possibly until the 30s."

anyone below 25 is still a child
>>
>>166496848
EA came in and saw that Dating sim bullshit was the way, they push that harder than anything else now.

If only Bioware was ever able to write good romances. Obsidian knows they generally don't write romances well so they keep them as a side issue (Alpha Protocol) or don't touch them at all.
>>
>>166497129
>30-32
>still on 4chan
that's fucking sad
>>
>>166497496
Say hello to your future, boy
>>
anyone below [my age] is a child honestly.
>>
>>166497551
when im 32 i want to be dead for 10 years
>>
>>166497292
Superior Japanese genes.
>>
How the fuck can anyone play video-games at 30? You even start outscaling the characters in the game. HoF was 20 yrs old.
>>
>Thread flooded with /meg/ cucks again
Well we had a good run.
>>
>>166497681
Reminder to do it right
-- = For attention
| = For results
>>
>Baron and Hanna looked at 152 participants and tested to see how the presence of depression affected egocentrism. They also tested adults between the ages of 18 and 25, which found that the participants who suffered from depression showed higher levels of egocentrism than those who did not.
Reminder not to bully the autistic children because they're probably suffering from brain problems.
>>
>>166497846
The same way you play them when you are younger?
Your DA:O waifus and your HoF could almost be your mom/dad now in DA:I btw, doesn't that feel like shit?
>>
File: Laughable4.png (852KB, 1439x2224px) Image search: [Google]
Laughable4.png
852KB, 1439x2224px
>>166495736
I wasn't that old when I started coming here, to be fair.
>>166495931
I can never tell if you're actually just mocking or not.
>>166497350
Okay, so you found something on it.
>>
>>166498079
funny you should say that because it looks to me the only people being egotistical and depressing are the fossils talking shit about people 10 years younger than them
>>
>>166497440
Anora and Solas are literally the only Dragon Age romances I like, and that's mostly because they have so little content that you can fill in the blanks yourself. It's kind of similar to Obsidian's approach, like how you have Visas and Brianna lusting after the Exile's dick but can't reciprocate their feelings, which creates interesting sexual tension without romance shit taking all the spotlight. In contrast, Mass Effect and DA:O with their "cinematic" sex scenes felt voyeuristic and awkward, at least for me.
>>
>>166498390
t.20 yr old /meg/ refugee
>>
>>166498357
>I can never tell if you're actually just mocking or not.
I really do like you, the exaggerated style is to intentionally piss children off by showing I don't like them. It always works.
>>166498390
The vast majority of us aren't whiny children who can't even buy alcohol, get that through your thick skull.
>>
>>166498574
there are better generals and nonporn adult boards on 4chan. and yeah im 20, but i go on /diy/ and /his/ all the time

if some people dont like being around posters who are still mentaly tennagers then maybe they shouldn't be on a board devoted to video games

>>166498682
according to the poll it's 4 under 21 and 7 over.

half the people here cant buy alcohol legally in the U.S.
>>
Reminder that Jackfags are cucks.
>>
>>166498492
Well and the approach to them is always the same with Bioware (at least they usually are I find): Character X is like this , but as you get to know them you find that they're actually the opposite.

Ashley is tough but she also has a sensitive side! Miranda is cold but she's actually just wanting to be loved! Jack is hardcore but she just has issues!
Their entire approach is usurping their initial archetype rather than expanding it like how I found Tyranny did (Ashe is racist but his racism isn't just a coping mechanism for something else. Nerat is okay with rape and pillaging and...he's genuinely okay with it, he thinks it culls the weak from the strong).

ME and DA romance scenes aren't voyeuristic, they're self-inserts more often than not. Adventure Time's Sims episode kinda explored this idea too iirc
>>
>>166498492
>Anora
>romance
what?
>>
>>166498870
>tennagers
>intentionally spacing his lines to make the word vomit more noticeable

what a

cuck
>>
>>166498893
Wrong thread brotha
>>166498970
If you're a noble male in DAO, you can marry her at the big noble's gathering
>>
>>166499007
>If you're a noble male in DAO, you can marry her at the big noble's gathering
i know that, but its not a romance at all.

>>166498993
?
>>
>Wizardchan has a gaming board
Goodbye...
>>
>>166499167
http://fusion.net/story/333552/wizardchan-home-for-male-virgins/
>>
My mom says I'm mature for my age...
>>
>>166499270
>Most of the members haven’t had much contact with women in their adult lives, yet they resent and fear them. Women are succubi, ancient medieval demonic spirits in the female form who appear in dreams to lure a man into sleeping with them, often at the risk of his health. Their slogan is: “Disregard women. Acquire Magic.”
Reasonable people at last.
>>
>>166499549
seek sunlight
>>
/dag/ is dying...degrading..someone help.
>>
>>166499167
>Dedicated depression board with a suicide method general
This is kinda worrying desu
>>
Since the only decent conversation in this thread is about Tyranny, what do you all think bioware could take from rpgs like that to make DA better?
>>
>>166498909
>Well and the approach to them is always the same with Bioware
That's not really true, the only characters who act differently if you romance them that I can think of in DA are Isabela (suddenly starts questioning her commitment issues), Fenris (tsundere shit), Cass (Ash in Thedas), and Dorian (displays lots of insecurity). I think it's an improvement over mega tsundere Bastila, but they still feel very unnatural because the protagonist has to initiate all of the romances now so they completely lack agency and feel very artificial as a result (as opposed to Morrigan outright telling you she wants to fuck).
I don't even hate all romances. I liked Yen's relationship with Geralt in TW3, how she just spontaneously kisses him at several points even if you romance Triss and mocks him when he's being stupid instead of being a passive waifu who's only there to provide the player avatar with shallow ego-stroking.
>they're self-inserts more often than not
That might actually be the reason I don't like them.
>>
File: Captain_Isabela.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Isabela.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
I really liked Isabela's romance. :3
>>
>>166500773
>DA2
I'll follow you everywhere, Hawke ;)
>DA:I
Isabela and I never believed in commitment ;)
>>
>>166500209
Well we talked a bit about it but when you say you're building an Inquisition and leading it, actually fucking do that.
Make more uses for the Influence and Power resources, make it so that there are too many meaningful uses for it an you have to intelligently pick which you obtain and which you forsake.
Bind story mechanics to your abilities. If I'm a Templar, I want to have to remember to take my Lyrium otherwise I go into withdrawal.

DAI should have been High Fantasy MGSV. Andromeda looks like it's going for a similar premise (Leader of a whole lot of people, need to build a settlement for them and explore the new world) but it seems they're going to make the same fucking mistakes.

Another game I think about that did Inquisition's premise better than it was Divinity: Dragon Commander.
>Leader of a force to bring order to a world at war
>Gather multiple allies from multiple races and sects
>Actually decree laws for your land that award you with various resources
>Multiple levels of control (Grand Strategy, RTS, Action combat)
>You actually tell who to go where
>More interesting romances desu
>>
>>166500209
Choices that actually matter and have an effect on the game's world.
Rewarding exploration.
Authority figures who are actually respectable.
Moral relativism.

However, knowing Bioware, the only things they'd borrow from Tyranny are furries and lesbians.
>>
>>166500895
Wasn't Hawke talking about going into hiding when they said that? And they say they'll meet up later at Weisshaupt if Hawke doesn't get bodied in the Fade.
>>
>>166500920
ME:A is going to be an incest/bestiality sim with some nice wallpaperable environments.
>>
>>166501314
Isabela is canonically hanging out in Skyhold because of the MP though. She also flirts with fellow MP characters all the time and suggests she wants to fuck Cullen.
>>
dragonage subreddit is cancerous full of dragonage inquisition fanboys.
>>
>>166500920
I agree with the idea of leading the inquisition more than just passing judgement on like 5 people in the entire game. I don't really understand the MGS comparison though, do you mean DAI should have had an open world where more spontaneity could happen like, when you randomly choose to raid a guard post for an S+ soldier?
>>
>>166500454
Well with W3, the romances mean something beyond the main two components of Bioware's ego-stroking romances:
>The romance is entirely about the other character dealing with their issues
>There is no chemistry between the characters because player characters need to be blank enough that players can imprint on them but romance deals with the nuances in personality interacting with other peoples' nuances. No nuances in blank slates = bland and 'it could have been anyone' romances
Witcher 3 romances deal with not only affecting Triss and Yen but those characters affecting Geralt in turn. Geralt is an established person with an established personality (with a bit of range for interpretation with the choices).
The romance you choose affects how Geralt is characterized.
Incidentally I agree with >>166500773 in that I liked Isabela's romance because it could (in some ways at least) affect Hawke in turn, making him more open to Isabela's way of life. The friendship/Rival system in DA2 was always really interesting to me.

To add to the list of characters whose romance arc (and general characterization) is built on inverting their initial archetype: Leliana (sweet priestess is a badass assassin), Alistair (I liked it but he went from a fatalist to taking control of his life), Morrigan (She's not actually a hardass, it's just how her mom raised her).

inversion and subversion can be interesting but not when it's a repeated 180 degree spin. Iron Bull, for instance, is more interesting for the intelligence he demonstrates. Anders is angsty but his actual arc is interesting because you bear witness to how he evolves from a generally well meaning healer to literal terrorist.

DA2 is actually my favorite of all the games because it feels so much more fleshed out in the period it is expressing. It feels like I'm watching the days leading up to Lebanon breaking out into Civil War again.
>>
>>166501453
I never touched the MP so fair enough I guess. Is it any good?
>>
>>166502209
No
>>
>>166502062
Well MGSV gives the player, as head of the Diamond Dogs, a lot of control of their motherbase and the soldiers there.

In the previews leading up to Inquisition, they showed off taking bases and deciding how they would be specialized and how that would change your foothold in the region. They talked up a lot of how you'd be building up the Inquisition but most of that build up is either purely aesthetic (Mage Tower vs Templar Tower) or done in an incredibly linear fashion (ie through the story cutscenes or wartable, rewards are also basically restricted to the cutscenes or wartable) or, worse yet, it's something that is basically useless (pendent of X and 5 power, when you're overflowing in Power points it's basically only used for map unlocking).
I wanted more agency over the inquisition rather than being told I was leading it. I felt more like a figurehead than a leader in gameplay whereas the story kept telling me how I was leading everyone when all I really seemed to be was a really competent soldier who's allowed to make big decisions over specific individuals
>>
>>166502209
They tried to recapture how good the ME3 multi was but the gameplay in Inquisition is garbage so the multi was garbage
>>
>>166502697
Ah that makes a lot more sense, thanks. And wasn't there a big part of a quest in Crestwood revolving around retaking that fort and draining the lake that was cut. Because that sounds like what you're describing and that would'v been a great addition
>>
>>166502839
But ME3 was a 3rd person shooter so it wasn't that big of stretch to add mp, but DA is no such thing so why would they even bother? Is multi confirmed for MEA or are they not doing it this time?
>>
>>166503375
You do drain the lake.
The original Crestwood mission revolves around the Red Templars attacking a town and you needing to retake the fort you could sneak and also burn down their boats with fire potions

That was what sold me on the game initially and Bioware couldn't get it up
>>
>>166503628
Yeah I remember the lake bit, but the cut shit sounds way cooler.
>>
>>166504132
The big thing was that there were a ton of advertised tactical things you could do. Burning down their ships isnt requires but it's an option.

So instead of making these more free form tactical missions made up of a whole bunch of optional switches and flags you could affect, we got a faux-Dark-Souls combat type game with fairly weak mission design
>>166503535
They oculd have done something like Dark Souls' or Monster Hunter's multiplayer gameplay but Bioware doesn't know how to do good gameplay. Their fundamental stance towards it is one of laziness.
ME2 and 3's combat was largely handled by Gears of War vets I think
>>
>>166505961
I can't speak for MH since I've never played it, but I can't see how DA could have done DS mulitplayer since the entirety of the gameplay would have to have been redone. And as much as I like Bioware, I don't think they'll ever be able to touch From when it comes to gameplay.
>>
It's a shame the thread died when it finally got back to talking about Dragon Age.
>>
>>166509694
It died for a reason lol
>>
I want posters under 25 to fuck off.
>>
File: 1470354629011.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1470354629011.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>Playing the Decent
>Yeah this is about what i expected, Deep Roads and all that
>At least this time there's some variety in the environments, it isnt just the same caves and roads like Origins.
>Traveling with Solid Snake is really cool, David Hayter should do more video game rolls
>Get to the ending area
Mind fucking blown.
>>
>>166511572
>reddit the post
>>
>>166512268
You did make one, yes.
>>
>>166499858
Just browsed it, holy shit. r9k is probably therapeutic compared to it.
>>
Miss Merigold ~~
>>
>>166503535
I dont see why they'd abandon it when it turned out surprisingly fun.
>>
>>166511486
You seem really triggered by this. Like, millenial guy tier
>>
File: 1478762898707.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1478762898707.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>121 replies
>15 posters
>>
>>166498492
The sex scenes in all of the DA games were pretty awkward though. I know that there's a certain feeling of self-insert you're supposed to have there, but it was still a little squirmy for me.
>>166498682
Oh, okay then thank you.
>>166499167
Wew. Isn't that one of the chans that sold people's info for dollarydoos?
>>
>>166500920
The withdrawal thing would have been a pretty interesting addition to gameplay.
Would have been neat to see stone sense for dwarves in DA:O. You play as a surface dorf in Inquisition, and I recall them having trouble with stone sense after being on the surface for a while.
Maybe finding codices in Qunlat for the qunari that only you or Bull could translate?
>>166502209
I had temptations to play a while back, but everyone here said it was pretty shit and I think you have to have a ps+ account to do it.
>>166511572
Exploring there was really fun, albeit sometimes annoying. I fell a lot.
>>166520997
I probably added another one. Oops.
Y'all, these fucking make a triangle around the signs captchas are pure suffering.
>>
>>166524240
I think the new captchas are cool. The gimmick will probably stop amusing me soon enough though
>>
>>166523370
Maybe I'm just really puritanical, but I can't think of an instance where there's been a sex scene in a game, film or television show that hasn't made me a bit uncomfortable. It's weird because I'm not squeamish or offended by it or anything

>>166511572
I got to the part where they wanted me to collect gears and I gave up. My autism couldn't take it
>>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQkHg-SEMY&t=1m22s
beautiful /dag/nas oppressed by evil /meg/ bullies
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQkHg-SEMY&t=1m47s
beautiful /dag/nas freed of evil /meg/ bullies
>>
>>166528349
I dont get too invested in collectathon things. Thank goodness for that too because i was pretty thorough in my search for gears on the way down and still wound up missing like 3 or 4.
>>
>>166528349
Eh, I'm admittedly a bit of a prude and tend to get pretty uncomfortable even around public displays of affection.
Like you were saying earlier with the game scenes, it feels voyeuristic.
>>166532742
>tfw collected every stupid gear
>>
>>166528349
>>166533441
I dont feel like sex scenes are handled all that well in most video games. Not just because the actual process of playing it out is usually weird how mechanical and clearly programmed it all is, but just how forced it almost always is but that ties into a lot of my problems with the industry in general and its attitude toward sex. I feel like it never adds anything to the experience that couldnt be gained from just showing the before and after of it.
>>
>>166533636
That seems true of all media, to me at least

>>166533441
Different anon. I self insert a lot in RPGs, so I don't really get the voyeuristic thing. Is it worse in games like ME or DA2, where you're playing as a defined character?
>>
Still 16 people. Who killed this place? I used to see 70-90 people here.
>>
File: IMG_0720.jpg (199KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.jpg
199KB, 621x1000px
>>166534225
Oh yeah, people make an idealized version of themselves in all of the ME and DA games. Character creation was a mistake.

On an different but somewhat related note, what romance or relationship dynamic would you like to see explored in a Bioware or just general Western RPG?
Me? With all the memes about it, would like to see a genuine cuckold situation or relationship and how a player character is given options to react
>get angry
>now we're talking
>NTR disbelief
>huh, we were dating?
Something like that.

I'd also like to see a sort of nuanced parental relationship expressed where the player is the 'child' and the NPC is the parental figure
>>166534387
We need fresh content to discuss. Other games are either multiplayer or get semi regular installments
>>
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaeYMKrVAAEXx7Z.jpg:large

thicc alistair......
>>
>>166535505
It would be interesting if an LI cheated on the player, definitely. Maybe if there were some variables, so that it doesn't happen out of the blue to every player no matter what dialogue options they pick
>>
>>166536010
Too thick!
>>
I went to the nexus and all the mods are shit and require login.
Is there another place to get mods?
>>
>>166536681
Just use a throwaway email you paranoid ninny.
>>
>>166536871
Yeah I went in with a 10 minute mail and they ask for money
>>
Dragon age 4?
>>
Why is there still no Cole SFM porn? And if there is, please link it.
>>
>>166536080
Maybe if it happens only if you're at a high "understanding" variable with them and they get nervous and fall back into old habits. Or they gain the confidence to approach other people.
It'd be a really interesting thing to see. Maybe it could even be relevant if the meta theme of that game was misdirection.
>>
>>166536997
I don't even want to know what they're cooking up for it. At this point none of the people from the original teams with any vision are left so all you would have are assistant designers (who designed smaller scale things before) and EA producers.

That's how you know it's gonna be good
>>
>>166533636
Yeah, it's laughable too when you've got a clipped forearm here or deformed elbow there in the middle of it all.
>>166534225
I still self insert, but more for the ooey gooey romance parts and the adventure part. It's not a defined character thing or anything like that, I just start snapping back to reality when the sex scenes pop up, so it feels like (and in reality, am) I'm watching my character sleep with a character I like vs my self insert or whatever. Like a third wheel.

Trazadone's kicking in. Night /dag/.
>>
>check the ov*rw*tch kink meme
>creepy trans fetishism
>creepy rape fantasies
>creepy domestic fantasies
>unironic use of "umm sweaty..."
someone

help me
>>
>>166538676
>creepy trans fetishism
>creepy rape fantasies
How's the different from posts about castrating Solas?
>>
>>166538778
>unironic
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_25_12_54_21_242.jpg (279KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_25_12_54_21_242.jpg
279KB, 1600x899px
I miss the landwhale and Solas hater. What happened to that anon?
>>
>>166539246
Fuck off.
>>
>>166539246
let's forget and move on
>>
>>166539246
Your spammer jackfag friend probably got his feelings hurt because he got called a cuck. Go to /meg/ if you miss him so much.
>>
>>166538837
Are posts about fattening Hawke also ironic?
>>
>>166538676
>unironic mpreg fanfics about Dorian impregnating a transexual elven inquisitor
>>
File: 5Twatve.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
5Twatve.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>166540708
> wants to be male
> gets pregnant by a gay man

These sick idiots dont even surprise me anymore
>>
>>166542584
Umm just because he has a womb doesn't mean he's not a boy...
>>
>>166542690
Yeah and women can have dicks too
>>
Shouldn't vaginal penetration be traumatic to trans men because of body dysmorphia and stuff?
>>
>>166542910
Not to mention making Dorian have sex with someone who's essentially a tomboy.
>>
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91074-symbols-spoilers-web-shenanigans/page-1
>PoE2 is probably going to take place in Deadfire Archipelago
Pirates confirmed.
>>
>>166543860
no one cares bout 2D garbage
>>
>>166544392
Child...
>>
>>166542910
didn't you know it's the secret desire of all men to carry a child and give birth
>>
Dorian giving birth to papa Halward's child...
>>
>>166543860
Fug, I wanted to see one of the more interesting places. Pirates a shit.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQn3uFAv4m/
>>
>>166546158
>Pirates a shit.
Only cancerous females can have that opinion. Just read a book like a real girl, video games are not for you.
>>
>>166546158
At least it's not a desert/steppe setting, now those really suck.
>>166546389
/meg/ fuck off.
>>
>>166546376
d-daddy
>>
>there will never be a Rivain game
>there will never be DA4
>>
File: 255.jpg (93KB, 600x832px) Image search: [Google]
255.jpg
93KB, 600x832px
>>166546550
>our actual daddy Gaider is 46
>only 4 years older than Josh
>>
>>166546636
It's set in Tevinter and it will happen.
Bioware are too much Jewish to let this pot of gold go
>>
>>166546971
>SWTOR is over
>ME:A is going to suck hard
>they're afraid to reveal anything about the new IP in case ME:A fails and EA decides to dissolve Bioware
It's all ogre, anon.
>>
>>166547110
ME:A will define next-gen rpgs and goty 2017. You heard it here.
>>
>>166547110
>SWTOR is over
Is it? Or is it over the way it was over 5 years ago?
>>
>>166546743
poor Gaider
>>
>>166537495
>At this point none of the people from the original teams with any vision are left

What? They are still all there, anon. The people who worked on Origins worked on Inquisition and are still in the DA team.

If anything, Andromeda is the one you should be most worried about, because the people who worked on that never had anything to do with the previous Mass Effect games.
>>
>>166548203
No, 98% of them left. Stop being a lying faggot.
>>
File: 2-Beat_vista_01.jpg (524KB, 1000x426px) Image search: [Google]
2-Beat_vista_01.jpg
524KB, 1000x426px
>>166547110
MEA will be great if they don't do the mistakes of Inquisition but try to emulate ME1 and TW3.
>>
>>166479670

I just discovered theres a dragon age movie
Is it any good?
Looks super low budget
Mostly I'm hoping for the humor the first game had (haven't played the others)
>>
File: DragonAgeMovie-24.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DragonAgeMovie-24.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>166550861
Cassandra's miniskirt is the only good thing about it.
>>
>>166550687
I still won't buy it unless the blonde waifu they refuse to reveal turns out to be very cute. Or the companion from the new race is Solas-like, which is even more unlikely.
>>
File: lambert romance.png (66KB, 739x454px) Image search: [Google]
lambert romance.png
66KB, 739x454px
Daddy has an odd taste in male witcherfus.
>>
>>166551248
>Blonde
ugh
>>
>>166551381
>Why is there no lambert romance
Because Geralt isn't a degenerate like you.
>>
File: cb9pyNJ.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cb9pyNJ.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>166551538
:3
>>
Morrigan's sixth toe
>>
>>166554320
>6
In total or per foot?
>>
>>166555269
Yes
>>
>>166555269
>Per foot
Her footjobs must be the best.
>>
>>166555436
Using the sweat of her feet as lubricant?
>>
>>166556116
>Lubricant
I have a whole dick, thanks.
>>
>>166551018

No the movie i saw on the self
was live action

That looks cgi

How many movies are there?
>>
>>166551613
>Geralt
>Not a degenerate
Fucking kek
>>
>tfw don't have any Dragon Age pics to keep /dag/ on life support with
RIP in piss.
>>
>>166560293
Post buttholes.
>>
>>166551381
>wanting gay Geralt
This is way you fucking suck Gaider, putting gay shit in games doesn't make them automagically good
>>
File: braaap.jpg (98KB, 2000x1120px) Image search: [Google]
braaap.jpg
98KB, 2000x1120px
>>166560489
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>166560293
>>
>>166561853
Kill...
>>
File: 1338657610496.png (703KB, 1426x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1338657610496.png
703KB, 1426x1080px
>>166561853
>>
Snapping Tali's legs like twigs and making her crawl across broken glass.
>>
File: 1336078871252.png (257KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1336078871252.png
257KB, 640x400px
>>166564808
>>
>>166557542
They did a webseries I think for one. And then there's the Felicia Day one, which was a lot of her with the snark deal.
>>
>>166565198
Tali enjoys it when Garrus digs his claws into her butt.
>>
File: зараза.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
зараза.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>
File: 0bK23Mwd2C1fh_4358.jpg (59KB, 620x434px) Image search: [Google]
0bK23Mwd2C1fh_4358.jpg
59KB, 620x434px
>>
>>
A dead and silent morning.
>>
I ain't yo momma
>>
Filling Leliana's pockets with stones and dropping her into the Marianas Trench. Sipping wine as she sinks on and on, deeper and deeper, crushed by the water pressure as her ribs and spine snap and she slowly turns into a small meatball.
>>
File: 1378202206299.png (201KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1378202206299.png
201KB, 682x1023px
>>166575252

And she'd still be in the next game.
>>
File: 1450077911074.jpg (111KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1450077911074.jpg
111KB, 764x764px
>>166575829
Tell Bioware to stop...
>>
>>166575252
The waifu barriers prevent me from imagining such things.
>>
>>166551538
Blondes > brunettes > redheads > charcoal
This is an indisputable truth. Nig pubic hair on head isn't even on the list.
>>
>>166577768
What about neon dyed hair?
>>
>>166577768
>charcoal
Wat
>>
>>166577768

Black = Brunette > Blonde > Red
>>
File: leandra.png (403KB, 652x768px) Image search: [Google]
leandra.png
403KB, 652x768px
>nobody even mentions grey/white hair
Some milfie enthusiasts you are.
>>
>>166578202
Shit tier.
>>166578776
Black hair is the worst, it's the cheap chinese knockoff brand of hair colours.
>>166579664
At the point of white hair it's way past the milf stage, mate.
>>
File: ye0Cl.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ye0Cl.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>166580375
What a pleb.
>>
>>166580375
cuck jackfag
>>
>>166580375
>Chinese had black hair first
Prove it?
>>
>>166580568
Jacob fucking Jack so hard her whole body shakes with delight?
>>
>>166575829
I kek'd, hard
>>
File: 1434972697297.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434972697297.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>166550687
>MEA will be great if they don't do the mistakes of Inquisition but try to emulate ME1 and TW3.
I get the feeling that ME:A at launch will be incredibly similar to DA:I at launch, and it will take them six months or so to fix things and include numerous quality of life tiny additions to the game.

Examples from DA:I:
>Black Emporioum
>Outfit choices in Skyhold
>Two ability upgrades
>Difficulty options like level scaled enemies, promoted enemies etc.

ME:A will also be lacking things to nfo things similar to these which will get added in future patches and then be playable.
>>
>>166583729
>things to nfo things
*ton of things
fuck me
>>
Jack ignoring Shepard's calls because she started seeing Kaidan.
>>
>>166583729
>jackfag is still here
>>
>>166583729
I didn't play Inq at launch but were those features really not included straight away? Like you couldn't even change your outfit? Goddamn.
>>
>>166584235
>Thread flooded with cucks again
Welp, time to go back to /hpg/.
>>
File: 1437085511915.jpg (659KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1437085511915.jpg
659KB, 2560x1440px
>>166584268
DA:I was quite a dull game at launch to be honest. Like 5/10.

Only after all 12 patches and 3 DLCs it rose to being a 8/10 when you think of the complete package.
>>
>>166584560
Damn, this makes me worried for ME:A. I guess I was lucky Inq won GOTY from somewhere so I got the whole thing for cheap.
>>
>>166584560
6.5/10
>>
File: 6894841978_2a7dab7aee_o.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6894841978_2a7dab7aee_o.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>aaah, what a truly wonderful experience, to drown to death in an ocean of vorcha cum
>>
>>166584815
I'd say they're about right.
>>
>>166584881
She died doing what she loved. She died as she lived. Rip.
>>
File: 15904138781_f4a5bf6087_o.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15904138781_f4a5bf6087_o.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
>>166585218
Tragic.
>>
>>166586237
Why does Jack have a male balding pattern?
>>
>>166586305
Drinking too much semen increased her level of testosterone.
>>
>>166551381
Lambert is cute! Cute!
>>
*cough*
>>
>>166586305
Jack is a male to female transgender.
>>
Get a life.
>>
>>166593005
Come with me, we'll escape /dag/ and build a life together!
>>
>>166565448

Is either any good?

As in are they funny like the game?
>>
>>166596620
both are bad

the comics and novels are mostly ok if you want something DA that's not a game
>>
I dont get these schematics. The "tier 3" Griffon Plate is so much better than the "tier 4" Revered Defender armor. The Griffon Plate has considerably more armor and also a sigil slot while the Defender armor doesnt got shit. Neither of them have upgrade slots either for arms or legs so i dont get how the clearly and unarguably inferior schematic is supposed to be a whole tier higher.
>>
Hey, /dag/ I used to come here when DAI was still big. How have you all been?

Have you finally realised your idiocy in hating Sera?
>>
>>166599682
Fuck off you tumblord manlet
>>
>>166599860
I will not, cunt. Sera was hilarious and cute.
>>
>>166599963
>hilarious
>HEHE BREECHIIES, TITTIIIES
When you are 12 perhaps.
>>
>>166600134
Well I'm sorry I'm not all fancy and refined like you, anon. Excuse me for laughing at a commoner.

People like you will never know the joy of a Sera-only run, and I pity you for that.
>>
>>166599682
You better be a woman, or at least a woman (male) if you romanced Sera.
>>
>>166600423
I didn't romance her. She had a personality clash with my Inquisitor.

I will when I go back to it.
>>
>>166599682
>>166599963
0/10. Not even a pity point.
>>
Sera is better written and more realistic than 99% of Bioware characters.

But she's unattractive and has an intentionally antagonistic personality so everyone hates her.

This is why Bioware will never be better than pandery waifubait characters.
>>
>>166601295
Sera was written like she looks. Shit.
>>
>>166601295
I kind of agree. I can really dig the whole super anti-establishment/hates the upper class shtick she had going on, but I just really wish they'd have dialled the whole immature, lolsorandum nobreeches, attitude she had. It was like nails on a chalkboard.
>>
>>166601295
>If you dislike her she is a good character
Not this shit again, maybe she's just terrible. I never recruited her again after my first playthrough
>>
>>166602524
That's not what I said but ok.
>>
Is there no companion who approves of selfish, tyrannical, power hungry, vengeful assholes? That's pretty fucked, it's like the whole party is just varying degrees of goody two-shoes. No dashing thieves, merciless assassins, ruthless mages, or cut-throat fighters.
>>
>>166603686
do you

do you not understand the inquisition's purpose
>>
>>166605921
It surely isn't playing the nanny for retards like Sera
>>
>>166600351
>tfw you will always betray serra to the lord in every run then throw her out of the inquisition

Feels good man
Punching solas also felt real fucking neeto, right next to re-instating the Templar and saving the wardens.
>>
>>166605921
Yeah, to seal the rift in the sky and defeat Cory. That leaves a lot of room for other shit that a massive army with a godlike powerful leader could do. There's a reason the advisors go along with whatever you do so long as it gets results, that's all they really care about and need to.
>>
File: 1484585107368.gif (2MB, 299x217px) Image search: [Google]
1484585107368.gif
2MB, 299x217px
>>166601295
T.hambeast who has not read a single book heavier than Harry potter.

Serra has literally 0 attractive features of personality to the point of being autistic, to the point of being a less than human caricature, every scene is tounge in cheek, layers of irony and winking at the camera.

Serra killed sincerity, which is ironic since she's a gay women who cant be played strait.
>>
>>166607762
t. cuck
>>
>>166607762
love these high quality posts :))
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n92wbpFaP11sho0hi.jpg (164KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n92wbpFaP11sho0hi.jpg
164KB, 500x422px
>>166608130
>triggered

Serra is a bad character through and through, a poor mesh to play off other characters a poor character to further the story or develop deeper themes, everything is poor and takes the lowest mode of storytelling available.

You cant take Serra seriously in the slightest, to be that abrasive and constantly meta suggestive is every deviant art character brought to life, it brings everybody else down to heighten itself instead of play upon others. Serra behaves like an autistic child, fits of anger childlike wonder and processes, no connection.

Your favorite character is bad and iso far bad that it brings everybody else down with her, thats not good writing, christ you can make annoying or hated characters with *character* fuck read dysokey or cheov, but thats what it boils down to, Serra is a character but she has no actual *character* to her.
a joke with no sincerity in its telling.
>>
........................lol
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_25_13_04_24_245.jpg (303KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_25_13_04_24_245.jpg
303KB, 1600x899px
Make /dag/ great again..
>>
>>166608889
i don't care about sera. i don't like you.
>>
>>166609168
that hair....
>>
>>166609505
Too bad Serra a shit, worst girl and worst bioware character to date, being contrarian wont change that.
>>
Hope you all have your Ryders planned out.
>>
>>166610437
ok honey, whatever you say

now take your nap
>>
>>166610573
back to /meg/ tripfagging faggot.
>>
>>166610769
T.anon who uses dismissive language like hun, honey or sweetie in the most shallow attempt to retain obiwan teir highground after being shown they are wrong.

very sad, many posts like this
We will make /dag/ great again!
>>
>>166610573
He's going to look like Boyega and he's going to bone a _male alien.
>>
>>166611118
d-damn.... I'm getting t-t-triggered....!!
>>
>>166610573
Want to do MC Ride playthrough
know that they'll make all male characters sound like a twink though.
>>
>>166610573
Not playing it until there's a GOTY edition desu
>>
>>166610793
I created /dag/ so I could escape /meg/, they'll never take me alive.

>>166611226
Top tier taste but good luck making a handsome and natural looking black man in a Bioware CC, especially if Andromeda keeps up the time honoured tradition of ME CCs being absolute dogshit.
>>
>>166610793
pls learn /dag/ lore before you post here, swine
>>
>>166577768
Dark hair and lighter shades in eyes=redheads>blondes
>>166578202
Neon colors will eternally look like shit. They always make the hair look dried out it seems, plus they're hideous.
>>166579664
That's more gilfies, yeah?
>>166586584
I think that it can increase progesterone levels, but I don't recall if it has an effect on test levels in women.
>>166592525
Anon. Come on, she looks feminine at least. More feminine than Ashley by a mile.
>>166596620
Pretty cheesy, but it scratches an itch.
>>
>>166612252
Do you really think creating a general that someone would have eventually created makes you special? Tripfags are reddit scum.
>>
>>166610437
I could handle Sera's shit over Fenris' or even Anders'. Anders just reminds me of a certain terrorist group that runs around and acts like it's saving everyone.
>>
>>166612398
uh huh
>>
>>166612796
Fernis Is nuanced but still boring quite like Anakin in the star wars prequals, everything's there but it doesn't work as well as anybody wants.

Anders was prior a good character before spirit possession, I hate him ideologically but seeing him be objectively evil and get comeuppance and results from his actions is nice. Unfortunately it comes at the cost of him being very badly one dimensional in Da2
>>
Hey /dag/, take a walk on the wild side
>>
e l f k i n
>>
>>166613495
Anakin a cute.
>>
>>166619389
Obi-Wan >>>
>>
>>166617513
not as cute as you
>>
>>166622736
>>166619389
misquote...
>>
>>166622841
>>
File: 11-David-Gaider-BioWare.jpg (296KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
11-David-Gaider-BioWare.jpg
296KB, 640x450px
Roses are red, violets are blue, I want you to be my waifu.
>>
Uh oh anon..
>>
>>166624049
do not bully Gaider-chan
>>
File: davegaider.jpg (19KB, 382x200px) Image search: [Google]
davegaider.jpg
19KB, 382x200px
>>166624513
Is he even working on anything atm?
>>
>>166625784
playing TW3 while Beamdog twiddles its thumbs
>>
File: 1484256708485.jpg (138KB, 660x866px) Image search: [Google]
1484256708485.jpg
138KB, 660x866px
>>166587636
Teeth...
>>
>>166626315
I'm jelly then.
>>
File: 6836474463_f692f6efc0_b.jpg (189KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
6836474463_f692f6efc0_b.jpg
189KB, 1024x575px
>>166621683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeR15a-A24E
>1:07
>>
File: 5kq9nxR.jpg (312KB, 601x582px) Image search: [Google]
5kq9nxR.jpg
312KB, 601x582px
>>166609168
That massive orangutan ear...
>>
>>166627346
DO

NOT

BULLY

LAMBERT
>>
>>166607762
>>166608889
Reminder that Jack refuses to have sex with Shepard by pretending to be a fragile flower but sucks your squadmates' dicks for pleasure.
>>
File: 1449102924960.png (217KB, 392x387px) Image search: [Google]
1449102924960.png
217KB, 392x387px
>>166629316
Lambert is a prick.
>>
>>166629427
*lovable prick
>>
File: sz.jpg (6KB, 600x241px) Image search: [Google]
sz.jpg
6KB, 600x241px
>>166629338
Why do you lie?
>>
File: 1474822639703.jpg (379KB, 1919x2159px) Image search: [Google]
1474822639703.jpg
379KB, 1919x2159px
>>166629589
Yes
>>
>>166629603
The number of times Jack gave Joker a lap dance has long surpassed anything you could count on both your fingers and your toes.
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_25_09_02_26_279.jpg (355KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_25_09_02_26_279.jpg
355KB, 1600x899px
This used to be a Dragon Age general.
>>
>>166630157
That's pretty nice of her, poor cripple hardly ever see some action.
>>
>>166610573
Waiting until they show all the LIs...
>>
In retrospect Lambert really does seem like a Gaider like character. Probably the bitchiness.
>>
>>166630494
If Morrigan and Fenris procreated and gave their spawn to the wardens, you'd have a Lambert.
>>
DA:O but replacing Morrigan with Yen and Alistair with Lambert.....

Kiera, Eskel, Roche, Iorveth, Zoltan, Dandelion, and Geralt can be companions too Ciri is DLC
>>
File: tumblr_ntr5g5dptw1qleadeo2_1280.jpg (213KB, 543x732px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntr5g5dptw1qleadeo2_1280.jpg
213KB, 543x732px
>>166630826
>Kiera
>>
>>166630826
>there's a sidequest in Ostagar in which you have to find a plant that stops diarrhea for a certain lady
>leaving the wilds with Lambert and Yen
>ambushed by darkspawn
>the sorceress whose life you saved comes to aid you
>>
>>166631243
Chloe Grace Moretz?!
>>
>>166630826
DA I instead.

>Cassandra = Yen
>Solas = Vesemir
>Josephine = Tris
>Blackwall = Lambert
>Cole = Eskel
>Dorian = Dandelion
>Varric = Zoltan
>male Inquiz = Geralt
>female Inquiz = Ciri
>Alistair = Roche
>Stroud = Iorverth
>Sera = Kiera
>>
>>166630826
Morri = Yen
Alistair = Lambert
Lel = Kiera
Zevran = Iorveth
Oghren = Zoltan
Sten = Geralt
Shale = Letho
Wynne = Triss
Loghain = Roche
Duncan = Eskel
Shiani = Shani
+ Ciri

Dandelion hangs out at camp
>>
>>166631569
>Josephine = Tris

>>166631606
>Wynne = Triss
>>
>>166631664
Loghain = Triss
Cailan = Triss
Anora = Triss
>>
EVERY CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE IS TRISS HAHA SO FUNNY XD
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_22_15_08_51_044.jpg (364KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_22_15_08_51_044.jpg
364KB, 1600x899px
>this thread right now
>>
File: 15 - wV99wfG.jpg (279KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
15 - wV99wfG.jpg
279KB, 2560x1440px
>>166631569
Josie should be Anna Henrietta because both of them are pompous and overdress. Solas = Vesemir is also a poor fit because there's already a xenophobic elf who knows more than you in TW3.
>>
>>166631606
someone send this to Gaider, he'd probably write this fanfic
>>
>>166631826
Triss is... piss.
>>
>>166625784
Yeah he was way better back when he looked like a basement pedo
>>
veiny elf's veiny cock...
>>
>>166630826
>DA:O but making it worse
Why?
>>
>>166632340
kys
>>
I made the mistake of looking at old collages on the booru... we used to be good... where did we go so wrong...?
>>
>>166632261
Gay elf's manly vagina...
>>
>>166632510
80% of collages were made by the same anon and he stopped giving a shit about /dag/. The other 20% were made by me and I also stopped giving a shit about /dag/.
>>
>>166632510
It's just the march of time. The last content update for a DA game was about 2 years ago.
>>
>>166632510
The last game was over 2 years ago and it's not like we will get any news before this general is gone entirely
>>
I'm going to bed sad
>>
>>166632510
That person got a life unlike you. You are still rotting here, why?
>>
>>166632738
cuck dreams
>>
>>166632770
Don't lie, it was you
>>
>>166632738
Dark dreams anon.
>>
>>166632640
One of my non-vg generals consistently gets more OC and posters per thread than /dag/ despite the last game coming out in 2010. You normies just lack love.
>>
>>166633152
There is nothing wrong with being a normie.
>>
>>166633152
>non-vg generals
wut
>>
>>166633697
chinese interactive porn novels I'd guess
>>
stomachache...
>>
>>
File: Open your eyes.jpg (504KB, 848x954px) Image search: [Google]
Open your eyes.jpg
504KB, 848x954px
>>
Fonor Honor beta starts...goodbye /dag/...
>>
>>166641331
Is that some anime?
>>
>>166641370

Not yet, but now that you mention it, it's good material for an anime.
>>
The grey wardens being this big organization is stupid.
Literally all they need is 1 at a time.
Pick some guy who's been sentenced with an execution and make him drink that darkspawn blood stuff.
Have the regular armies of Thedas wreck darkspawn till you've got the archdemon cornered and tied down, then the one guy swaggers up and kills it.
>>
>>166641331
Isn't it just an attractive hack and slash?
>>
>>166642674
The 'regular armies' are susceptible to blight sickness though.
That's why the Grey Wardens are an organized group vs being one guy. They're able to sense darkspawn and are immune to the sickness that they spread by existing.
>>
>>166643008
I heard the combat is kind of like M&B except better looking and more responsive. And more gory.
>>
>>166642674
>a warden
Can get injured by ghouls and darkspawn and survive as long as the wound is not fatal.
>normal guy
Gets rekt by a single drop of tainted blood.
Wardens are more durable as meatshields.
>>
>>166643109
Mount and Blade is an autism sim, nobody plays it for the combat.
>>
>>166643176
But it has nothing but combat.
>>
>>166643176
It's not quite the same, it's just with the attacks that can go in 3 directions and have to be blocked accordingly but from the looks of it there is more to it than that.
>>
File: 14069324589438538348583.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14069324589438538348583.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
Why are role-playing games so bad at telling stories?
>>
File: 67676767.png (91KB, 535x530px) Image search: [Google]
67676767.png
91KB, 535x530px
They will probably reveal/tease DA4 at this E3. We just have to wait for Andromeda to be released, that's what it's holding them back now.
>>
>>166644356
Play non-BioWare ones
>>
>>166644356
Because the narrative has to be simplified in order not to create segregation between the gameplay and the story.
>>
>>166644480
>DA4
>Not even confirmed to the devs themselves in 2017, 2+ years after the release of the last game
>in that time popular games already have a sequel COMING OUT
Nigga it's over.
>>
>>166644480
>Not confirmed yet
2020 it is then. Great.
>>
>>166644674
>>166644480
It's supposed to be an ongoing series. Why would confirming a subsequent game be so much goddamn trouble? Especially after this kind of time.
>>
>>166644885
MEA2 will be coming out by then. No time.
>>
>>166645042
Don't joke about such things
>>
>>166645096
You know that I'm right about the rushed sequel.
>>
>>166644972
Because the sales maybe weren't as good as EA hoped. Best launch doesn't mean much, especially on Origin where you can get a refund within a day.
>When ME:A blows DA:I out of the water they will just continue ME:A and let some of the DA devs help there and the rest focusses on the new IP
The future is bright
>>
>>166645158
I think they said that this isn't the start of a new ME series. I hope that's true. My heart can't take another ME3 blunder, so I'm just staying unattached from future ME games
>>
>>166645384
They said it's not another trilogy, it can still be 2 or more than 3 games
>>
Jack was trying to make a calm smile... But already she couldn't stop a single hot drop of Thane's cum from leaving a streak down her chin.
>>
>>166645553
>more than 3 games
No...
>>
File: 1380890508937.png (30KB, 196x229px) Image search: [Google]
1380890508937.png
30KB, 196x229px
>>166644972
Because they still have to release Andromeda and everyone knows how much Bioware and EA need it to be successful after the disaster that ME3 was.

Not only there are already doubts and fears about the game, but people are more hyped about DA4, which hasn't even been confirmed yet, than this game, which everyone knows is going to be a mild disaster.

The reveal of the much awaited sequel to the third game of their fantasy series that ended with a cliffhanger can distract people from their sci-fi series that needs all the hype and attention it can get.

The two series now can compete with each other because DA:I was received better than they thought and they need to be careful with how they handle them.
>>
File: 1472854177136.jpg (74KB, 261x389px) Image search: [Google]
1472854177136.jpg
74KB, 261x389px
>>166644674

>devs constantly hinting at stuff on Twitter
>Darrah continuously showing that book and mysterious pics and clues
>they even hired the writer of Sunless Sea to work with Weekes and Laidlaw
>new content on February
>they ended the last game with a cliffhanger, hinting at the future of the series (and they wouldn't do that if they knew EA had no intention of paying for another game)
>new comic following the events after Inquisition to be released this May (set in the Free Marches)
>Laidlaw quickly changed topic during an interview when asked about DA4 because "I can't talk about that yet!"
>despite its faults, Inquisition wasn't that bad and many people genuinely enjoyed it and paid for it and all its related, expensive contents
>mfw people really believe EA won't milk this series until dry as long as the DA writers (who barely changed since Origins) still have their story to tell
>>
>>166646205
>devs constantly hinting at stuff on Twitter
Doesn't mean shit
>Darrah continuously showing that book and mysterious pics and clues
Doesn't mean shit
>they even hired the writer of Sunless Sea to work with Weekes and Laidlaw
New IP preparations
>new content on February
What does that even mean
>they ended the last game with a cliffhanger, hinting at the future of the series (and they wouldn't do that if they knew EA had no intention of paying for another game)
Many game series ended at a cliffhanger
>new comic following the events after Inquisition to be released this May (set in the Free Marches)
Nobody likes them
>Laidlaw quickly changed topic during an interview when asked about DA4 because "I can't talk about that yet!"
Can be a bad sign
>despite its faults, Inquisition wasn't that bad and many people genuinely enjoyed it and paid for it and all its related, expensive contents
It was pretty shit.
>mfw people really believe EA won't milk this series until dry as long as the DA writers (who barely changed since Origins) still have their story to tell
Not if something else makes more money

Next pls
>>
SEMEN STAINS JACK'S MOUNTAINTOPS
>>
After Shepard was unable to get it up once again, Jack decided to scratch that itch with Grunt. As a very, very natural result, she was crushed to death.
>>
>>166644480
>they cancelled Exalted March to work on DAI right away
>Trespasser was over a year ago and DA4 still isn't in development
It's over. Good riddance.
>>
Jack asking TIM if he wants to hold hands while they sleep.
>>
File: da_ep3_s.jpg (72KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
da_ep3_s.jpg
72KB, 400x290px
>>
>>166650218
She's supposed to be having a baby.
>>
>>166652764
I always thought she's a lesbian for some reason.
>>
File: Josmael_healing.jpg (1MB, 1649x996px) Image search: [Google]
Josmael_healing.jpg
1MB, 1649x996px
>>
Daddy Ryder...?
>>
>>166655678
Where is he?
>>
>>166655678
Papi~~~
>>
Wow, Cora is fucking ugly.
>>
>>166655981
Bahaha, she has a fucking sidecut and looks like a mid-40s lesbian.
>>
>>166656315
Even blonde Cass is a 9/10 compared to her.
>>
>>166656417
Blonde Cass is a knockout in comparison.
>>
File: 2017-01-26 12_14_53.png (628KB, 664x651px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-26 12_14_53.png
628KB, 664x651px
>>166655831
He's here...!
>>
>>166656671
Looks ded inside.
>>
>no good waifus
>no good husbandos
>female Ryder is ugly
>male Ryder looks like Cullen
Is daddy the only promising thing about this?
>>
>>166656315
I'm amazed she's straight
>>
>>166656874
I saw the Cullen thing too.
>>166657001
And yet, there she is as plain as day making out with m!Ryder on the cinematic.
You guys have sacked yourselves a real beaut.
>>
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/
>Eothas has returned. The god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia.
>Voyage by land and sea across the myriad islands of Deadfire to discover new cultures and environments.
>While some familiar faces will be returning, Deadfire will also present a fresh crop of travelers with stories of their own.
>>
Making a taxidermy out of Liara's hide, dousing it in gasoline and setting it on fire.
>>
File: killme.png (671KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
671KB, 1280x720px
She looks like that leave Britney alone guy.
>>
>>166658337
She looks like the House of Cards woman
>>
>finally get a female blonde li
>she's straight
>but she's got a manface and a dyke haircut
>>
>>166647826
>DA4 still isn't in development

We don't know that. Judging by everything they said until now, it's clear they are working on something big that isn't related to the new IP.
>>
File: 5lp0dz.png (125KB, 227x300px) Image search: [Google]
5lp0dz.png
125KB, 227x300px
>>166658337
What the fuck, Inquisition looks better than that and it was three years ago.

Also it looks like they based her face on Cassandra, but then something terrible happened. Cassandra isn't the most feminine of the bunch, but she still had more charm than Cora. That haircut is so "white 40-years old mom" too.
>>
>Ryder is 22
Who left this child in charge?
>>
File: download.png (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
769KB, 1280x720px
The textures on some outfits look very bad, I thought they'd at least get rid of that now that last gen consoles are no longer supported but looks like they don't give a shit. There's also something very wrong going on with this creature's neck.
>>
>>166658337
she just looks younger chakwas to me
>>
File: qualitybioware.jpg (23KB, 332x369px) Image search: [Google]
qualitybioware.jpg
23KB, 332x369px
>>166658337
the nose knows
>>
File: cute.jpg (106KB, 1017x677px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
106KB, 1017x677px
>>
>>166657591
Is this supposed to be [TRIGGERING]?

>>166659516
Children inherit the earth (and galaxy) darling :^)
>>
>>166659265
The characters look really... bland in general. Despite the claims that bioware made DA:I characters look like "real people", Cass still has details that stand out, like her braid and scar or her purple/pink/black color scheme. Cora just looks like a random npc.
>>
>>166660090
What an ugly dyke
>>
>>166660090
>I'd like to speak to the manager.
>>
>>166659265
I don't understand this. It looks like Bioware is beginning a trend of making the only het-male LI as menopausal leftovers with androgynous looks.
>>
Where are those new (and terrible) screenshots from
>>
>>166659516
Daddylust sim...
>>
>>166661057
two trailers released today
>>
File: 1485457521244.jpg (312KB, 1017x677px) Image search: [Google]
1485457521244.jpg
312KB, 1017x677px
>>166660090
Mo...mmy.....?
>>
File: screen1.jpg (156KB, 1276x658px) Image search: [Google]
screen1.jpg
156KB, 1276x658px
what a bland group overall
>>
Cutting off Liara's arms and legs and selling her as a slave.
>>
File: Flemeth01.png (676KB, 847x657px) Image search: [Google]
Flemeth01.png
676KB, 847x657px
>ME can't even get mommies right
>>
>>166661379
somehow she looks even more like a tranny now
>>
>>166661406
>LULRANDUM
>TOKEN BLACK GUY
>WHITE CISSIE PROTAGONIST (REPLACE HIM WITH SOMETHING MORE PROGRESSIVE PLEASE)
>TRASHY UNFUCKED 40 WHO DONNEED NO ONE
>'MEMBER WREX?
>>
>>166662285
They spent all that extra time in hiding trying to animate the black fella's hair.
>>
>>166662487
He still somehow looks worse than Jacob.
>>
>>166661942
The only thing about this that bothers me is that you think that I'd deliberately shit up the thread in the first place. I left MEG because I hate it there, so I have nowhere else to go
>>
File: C3HTgG6UcAE2ILh.jpg (141KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3HTgG6UcAE2ILh.jpg
141KB, 900x1200px
Darrah just tweeted new DA pictures.
>>
File: C3HUEeoUMAETCdi.jpg (111KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3HUEeoUMAETCdi.jpg
111KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: knight-templar.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
knight-templar.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
>>166663141
qunari, elves and mages.....

such degeneracy must be punished!
>>
Kicking Liara's teeth out.
>>
I'm going to marry Liam!
>>
File: C3HRuhMVMAA7rKD.jpg (139KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3HRuhMVMAA7rKD.jpg
139KB, 900x1200px
>>166663325
>>
>>166663141
Maybe they are making that FE-inspired game. There's no way they're going to be revealing stuff for DA4 now.
>>
File: C3HT1rmUcAETEOb.jpg (163KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3HT1rmUcAETEOb.jpg
163KB, 900x1200px
>>166663709

>>166663814
That's still more to look forward to than the shitshow that ME:A is shaping out to be.
>>
want to buy solas themed jade eggs
>>
File: 2200344.jpg (12KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
2200344.jpg
12KB, 210x210px
>>166663141
>Tevene and Nevarran clothes (Nevarra and Tevinter)
>Crows (Antiva)
>Grey Wardens and poor, shabby people (Anderfels)
>People surrounded by fog (Fog Warriors, Seheron)
>Tal-Vashoth (Rivain)
>Qunari under the Qun (Par Vollen)
>Ancient Elves (Elvhenan/Forest of Arlathan/Tirashan)

This is definitely about DA4 and that map at the end of Trespasser.
>>
Want to illegally distribute videos of Jack being DP'd by Jacob and Kaidan.
>>
>>166662983
Don't let it bother you. People are gonna think what they're gonna think, ultimately.
>>166663141
Well, well. We finally see a little from inside the red book. Wasn't that all in the art book?
>>
>>166664187
Nope, a lot of that is new (or unused).
>>
>>166664187
No, the art book never had anything like that, just clothes from Orlais, Ferelden, and two minor things about Tevinter that aren't even included in there. So yeah, it's all new stuff and it looks like it's all related to the regions of the north.
>>
Tevinter fashion makes me cum.
>>
File: 1438801372316.jpg (6KB, 300x155px) Image search: [Google]
1438801372316.jpg
6KB, 300x155px
>it's concept art for a mmo
>>
>>166661379
~The Darkest Hour~
>>
File: 1442551050933.gif (624KB, 697x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442551050933.gif
624KB, 697x400px
>>166665332
>can finally play with /dag/nas
>>
>>166665525
>wanting to play with homos, landwhales, and homo landwhales
>>
>>166665332
Don't curse us to such a fate.
>>
>>166665848
I'm fine with anyone as long as it's not a cuck or a liarafaggot.
>>
>>166665917
If it's DA4 I'll legitimately be surprised.
>>
>>166665525
If you'd want that you would just stalk them in the steam group and check what they are playing like a normal person
>>
>>166663401
ah~! punish me daddy!!
>>
https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-mass-effect-andromeda-pop-s
>>
>>166666929
Finally alien dick
>>
>>166667069
"Finally, alien dick" Scott said as he lowered himself onto Drack's massive phallus
>>
>>166667340
I was talking about Jaal since I'm assuming Drack didn't make the LI list
>>
>>166667340
Go on...
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12204151
>>
>>166667859
>Peebee, 0 votes
There's hope for you yet /dag/
>>
>>166668862
even if she was pretty i'm so tired of asari
>>
>>166668862
asari = shit
it is known

sorry Liaraposter
>>
Jack is addicted to Krogan cum.
>>
Jackfags = cucks
It is known
>>
>>166667859
>Drack
lit
>Vetra
er
>Jaal
ally
>Kallo Jath
who
>>
>>166669593
Drack romance is lit confirmed
>>
File: sjws.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sjws.png
2MB, 1600x900px
A very sad morning again /dag/. Looks like there is no hope for DA4 to be good.
>>
>>166670015
Are you not excited for the quest where we help someone undergo a magic procedure to transition from male to female in DA4?
>>
File: christy.jpg (506KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
christy.jpg
506KB, 700x498px
>>166493627
Just finished a Scarlet Chorus Playthrough.
Without spoiling anything, the Nerat as Alucard comparison is literally the most accurate thing I've ever seen in a game-anime comparison.

I mean that ending, you'd think Obsidian wrote Tyranny right after a Hellsing Ultimate marathon
>>
>>166644515
Play Tyranny.
Each ending is actually really interesting.
>>
>>166670491
I sure hope you let Nerat absorb Barik.
>>
>>166644665
This.
Even then, you get situations where Bioware could put interesting gameplay in due to how the narrative is unfolding.

Instead we get a pure divide where the gameplay is its own separate thing and the story is its own separate thing. It's pretty rare that, in any of these games, you're put in charge of a thing in the story and you do anything to lead or organize that thing in gameplay
>>
File: nuh-uh.jpg (51KB, 418x604px) Image search: [Google]
nuh-uh.jpg
51KB, 418x604px
>>166657479

Looks like that could be fun.
>While some familiar faces will be returning
I hope you don't need knowledge of the first game, I never made it far there because it was just too boring.

>>166661406
>>166670015

Day one pirate.
>>
File: 1199010_1364787544744_full.jpg (44KB, 614x333px) Image search: [Google]
1199010_1364787544744_full.jpg
44KB, 614x333px
>>166670015
Why can't bioware into basic facial expressions for christ's sake

>>166670751
I did! I was cycling through all the companions I had 4+ on loyalty or fear and Barik was the best. I was playing a psychopath type character but I couldn't help tossing the big guy a bone at the end.
well, at least insofar as trading out one prison for another

But jesus...I mean, talk about a 1-1 comparison between Tyranny and Hellsing. It was something I thought about offhandedly when I first played through but it seems like it's the direct inspiration at this point
>>
File: 1485464550588.jpg (102KB, 974x782px) Image search: [Google]
1485464550588.jpg
102KB, 974x782px
>>166671007
You should support good devs. It has Denuvo anyway.
>>
>>166671306
Why u do dis
>>
>Cora Harper
>TIM's real name was Jack Harper
>his waifu was Eva Core
Mac........
>>
>>166671306

>4chan filename
Thank fuck, I already thought you bought that.
I'm just gonna have to wait until the chinese are done cracking it, that day is the release date in my book.
>>
>>166671502
>TIM
What are you talking about
>>
>>166671640
I will probably just buy it if the multiplayer is fun.
>>
>>166671881
The Illusive Man
>>
>>166671881
The Illusive Man you dumb f*ck.........
>>
>>166671502
>tfw you can bang The Illusive Man's dyke daughter or grand daughter in Andromeda
But is it worth the dosh and slog to that point...mmmmmm
>>
>>166670015
>lol so randumb asari
>nignog
>not-cute twink
>angry lesbian uggo who is straight for some reason
>krogan playing up the savage stereotype
This is terrible, I'm so glad I didn't pre-order now.
>>
>>166672908
That randumb asari is Sera 2.0 btw.
>>
Where's Casey?

Where's Casey?
>>
Ten...
>>
>>166674045
Of course it is.
This not OP but this game looks like it's gonna be horrendous, why can't Bioware into good party members anymore?

See, you don't have to be fighting the patriarchy or giving everyone a sensitive side to make deep companions.

Barik didn't have a propensity for cats or flowers or poetry, neither was he a tumblr self-insert come to life. He exemplified the stereotype of a Noble Swordsman type guy but he had his own issues, separate from those of his faction.
>>
wonder girls disbanded
>>
>>166680914

Rip music
>>
>>166680914
Moment of silence...
>>
>>166681260
Yeah, rip
>>
File: Cora.jpg (34KB, 400x618px) Image search: [Google]
Cora.jpg
34KB, 400x618px
>>166679629
>why can't Bioware into good party members anymore?
It's really strange how hard they have declined, both in terms of writing and visual design. Back in the day they could make endearing characters with just a few lines and a portrait, the Baldur's Gate companions were cheesy as hell as befitting the setting but I still remember Khalid and his stuttering and Xzar the madman fondly. Kotor and Jade Empire also had good characters, especially your master in JE which was imho the coolest villain in any Bioware game. Even in their very rushed NWN single player there was some decent characters and Deekin was great, we don't often get much variation from the standard humanoid.

As of late they have started writing characters around politics than anything else and I find that those characters do not resonate at all with me. ME3 gave you two mystery meat homosexuals practically without personality and the dumb Beef McLargehuge who was really boring compared to the older characters was the best new addition. In Inquisition many characters are written the same way even if they have more distinction than the diversity hirees of ME3 they still revolve around a really boring core concept.
>>
>>166681904
Fuck off faggot that character looks awesome.
>>
bioware loves big jaws on womyn, at this point is something to be expected i guess
>>
File: Cora2.jpg (33KB, 400x618px) Image search: [Google]
Cora2.jpg
33KB, 400x618px
>>166683573
Womyn can have just as big jaws and dicks as men you misogynist white male pig!
>>
>>166683796
don't forget the transphobic shitlord!
>>
Why Bioware stopped making cute waifus like Leliana, Merril and Tali?

Cora Harper reminds me of Cassandra. She looks 40+ just like Cass too..ugh.
>>
>>166684649
>Why Bioware stopped making cute waifus
Making cute waifus is sexist and probably racist.
>>
>>166661406
Fucking kek, a million times worse than DAI's group.
>>
File: 219.jpg (32KB, 360x526px) Image search: [Google]
219.jpg
32KB, 360x526px
>>166685076
cute waifus is an oppressive standard set by the patriarchy that don't represent real women!
>>
>4 votes in the 30-32 box
It's just drive-by voting at this point isn't it?
>>
>>166684649
Leliana is 40ish in Inquisition. Tbh everyone is 40ish someday
>>
>>166684649
>cute waifus
well-
>like Leliana, Merril and Tali
oh, lol
>>
>>166686661
please don't remind me, I don't want to be old ;_;
>>
>>166671640

CPY are Ittalian, I'm just saiyan.
>>
>>166686661
She is 36 in Inquisition but she isn't a companion.
Unlike Cassandra, 40 yr old and a romanceable companion. Cora Harper seems the same.

>>166686680
I wonder what characters you find "cute".
>>
>>166687349
I thought 3DM are the crackmasters
>>
File: 5345.jpg (63KB, 409x315px) Image search: [Google]
5345.jpg
63KB, 409x315px
>>166687354
>I wonder what characters you find "cute".
Not that anon but I find pretty much all grills in the Witcher series cute, not sure why.
>>
>>166687354
Leliana's a psycho

Merrill's a moron with the brain of a 6 year old

Tali's a fucking thief who exists purely because of Weekes' fetishism
>>
>>166687493

Not when it comes to Denuvo. AFAIK, CPY is the only group that has cracked a Denuvo protected game on Origin, e.g., Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

3DM did some Denuvo in the past but they were bad quality, but I'm still thankful, since something was better than nothing.

I still have hopes on Reloaded though, since what CPY has been doing is patching Denuvo. I'm guessing/hope some of the scene groups are working on getting rid of the DRM entirely.
>>
>>166687685
Dat booty in the background tho
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_22_15_18_14_718.jpg (629KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_22_15_18_14_718.jpg
629KB, 1600x899px
>>166687685
Me too anon.

>>166687780
You still didn't answer my question. What characters you find cute?
>>
>>166688092
T H I C C
>>
>>166688092
whichever ones you don't find cute
>>
File: v3GWAOf.gif (903KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
v3GWAOf.gif
903KB, 300x269px
Should I play all the Dragon Age games or can I skip any of them?
>>
>>166688336
Rude anon.
>>
>>166689130
skip the first two they are boring
>>
>>166689130
Only play DA2, only worthwhile one.
>>
>>166689130
Origins was made before EA completely ruined BW, play that one and maybe the third one if you like mindless grinding
>>
>>166689130
Play the main 3.
>>
*yawns seductively*
>>
File: 60000093_p0.jpg (78KB, 462x541px) Image search: [Google]
60000093_p0.jpg
78KB, 462x541px
>>166692248
Come here you slut, I want to hold your hand and rub your head until you fall asleep.
>>
>>166693181
are you a mommy or a daddy?
>>
>>166693289
Mom. Now get into bed at once, young anon.
>>
>>166693547
ew, no! get away from me!
>>
File: 60625582_p0.jpg (150KB, 462x451px) Image search: [Google]
60625582_p0.jpg
150KB, 462x451px
>>166693714
Come on, just a little petting?
>>
>>166693990
eeeyaahhh~! I'm calling the janitor!
>>
>>166687685
The Witcher 3 women are very pretty, but they all seem to have a case of supermodel sameface.
>>166689130
Play DAO, read a synopsis of DA2 on the wiki, watch Legacy dlc in youtube, play DAI with DLCs.
>>
>>166694771
>play DAO
>read DA2
>play DAI with dlcs

kys retard.
>>
File: 1482678991645.jpg (70KB, 460x562px) Image search: [Google]
1482678991645.jpg
70KB, 460x562px
Dragon Age 4 when
>>
in this general people tell you to kys if you play the games this general is dedicated to.....

no wonder is always dead
>>
>>166696979
people tell you to kys if you play the worst game of the series
>>
>>166696979
Everyone has killed themselves for one reason or another. Now it's your turn. KYS!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ANQOHRxFwM

/dag/nas...
>>
>>166696979
They mean kiss your self anon.
>>
File: Mirandaconcept.jpg (33KB, 411x456px) Image search: [Google]
Mirandaconcept.jpg
33KB, 411x456px
>Cora Harper
>TIM's name is Jack Harper
>concept art for Miranda looked like this
>Cora has a similar manjaw to Miranda's

Hmm... really makes me think
>>
>>166698415
forgot
>wears a latex bodysuit like Miranda's alt
>>
>>166699608
I also forgot
>is a biotic
>>
>>166696638
DA2 was repetitive as shit between story, and the story itself was meh. I'm not going to recommend someone to intentionally suffer.
>kys
Go back to sniffing your mom's underwear.
>>
>>166700589
>Go back to sniffing your mom's underwear.
Is this a thing? Did you do this, anon?
>>
>>166700589
& the mindless fetch quests in DA:I not make you suffer? Kys seriously your mom will be relieved.
>>
>>166701060
We will never know the extent of degeneracy.
>>
https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/824672772823605248

read the tweet replies. 90% are obese women. why bw attracts these people?
>>
>>166701060
I can't say that I did, anon.
All sorts of gross shit is a "thing".
>>166701252
You don't even have to do all of the mindless fetch quests. That said, at least you have some different scenery to contemplate suicide to, if you're so inclined.
And I haven't seen the woman in 27 years. I highly doubt my suicide is a thought on her mind.
>>
>>166701996
look at any Atlus game and 90% of them will be obese men
>>
>>166702141
Wow, you must be ancient.
>>
>>166702141
you shouldn't be on 4chan at that age let alone playing video games.
>>
>>166702545
Ancient. But still younger than your new female ME love interest.
>>166702551
And you're probably bypassing the parental controls your parents put on your internet access to shitpost on /dag/ of all places. Semantics.
>>
>>166702545
I told you
>>166697483
>>
"Mommy" cut off age is 48, any older is a grandma. "Daddy" cut off is 55-60, depending on how well he's aged.
>>
>>166702551
>The fun police made an arrest this morning after discovering that an overage person had fun playing video games, the punishment is expected to be harsher than usual because it was a fantasy game in question being played
>>
Let's get our kids to drive us to Asunder's house so we can all knit together!
>>
why 4chan and not reddit?
>>
>>166703683
Like afghans made of old pubic hair?
>>
>>166703962
What else? I'll bring the cum laced cookies.
>>
>>166704142
I'm game. We can use the leftovers from the afghans to decorate them.
Kirkwall theme?
>>
pls stop fantasizing about being grannies
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_27_10_23_57_907.jpg (243KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_27_10_23_57_907.jpg
243KB, 1600x899px
/dag/ is full of mysterious anons today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6rTELdJEbU
>>
>>166705741
You're embarrassing us cause we love a series that will never be as good as The Witcher.

https://youtu.be/JFUsPfuwjpw
>>
>>166706319
Both are great anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEt2PMk0lVU
>>
>>166706736
Oh please anon, don't be so kind. There's not a single track that comes close to what The Witcher has made.

https://youtu.be/a_tl2keQwLg
https://youtu.be/GL4JeCNuQ0w?t=17s
>>
>>166706736
you could have at least posted Lost Elf Theme
>>
*coughs, in elvish*
>>
/dag/ you gotta love your man
>>
File: witcheroo.jpg (653KB, 800x1317px) Image search: [Google]
witcheroo.jpg
653KB, 800x1317px
>>166705741
Really comfy track.
>>
>>166708234
*sucks cock in elvish*
>>
>DA2 gave us MILF incest
>MEA will give us DILF incest
>>
File: 1416457760110.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1416457760110.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
I feel like replaying DA2 but I know I'm going to regret it once I start up the game.
>>
File: tumblr_nppczb1a4E1qatcfzo1_500.jpg (142KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nppczb1a4E1qatcfzo1_500.jpg
142KB, 500x638px
>>166709238
>MEA brother/sister incest options suck
Meh.
>>
>>166710837
that's what customization is for
>>
I'm going to suck Jaal's lekku!
>>
>>166711370
This is considered a highly vulgar act in his culture!
>>
>>166710497
Play something else anon. DA2 is not worth a replay.
>>
>>166711760
That's why I'm going to do it! I'll rape him in public!
>>
post cassandra
>>
File: 0JlkkMb.jpg (132KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
0JlkkMb.jpg
132KB, 800x481px
>>166712985
>>
>>166713301
Real sexy girls can seduce people just by their pheromones, breath, and eyes.
>>
File: da_ep5_s.jpg (89KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
da_ep5_s.jpg
89KB, 400x290px
>>
post thom
>>
>>166717013
What are you going to do with him?
>>
File: barns.jpg (354KB, 1352x650px) Image search: [Google]
barns.jpg
354KB, 1352x650px
>>
>>166717103
Look thicc. Solid. Tight.
>>
>>166689189
why would you post this

I don't want Lizfeels......
>>
>>166717091
free him and make him do whatever he wants with his life once we stop Cory
>>
>>166711770
I've replayed about 10 times now
>>
>>166717673
You're a really cool neko and you're pretty downright sugoi
>>
>>166717849
ummm.............
>>
would someone PLEASE post a belfie?
>>
>>166718029
the age of b*lfies is OVER
>>
>>166718113
says who?
>>
>>166717442
I have never seen a Lizfan on /dag/../bsg/ died long ago.

>>166717830
Don't lie to me anon.
>>
>>166718351
it's been a long time...

http://dagna.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=Elizabeth
>>
I think Peebee looks cuter than Liara.
>>
>>166718567
Peebee is cute
Liars is pretty
>>
>>166718625
The only time I thought Liara was pretty was when she still had light skin and pink lipstick in ME2.
>>
>>166718687
racist......
>>
>>166718793
>wanting your childs to have a disgusting dark blue skintone
It's simply eugenics m'dear.
>>
>>166717673
I think he would like to climb the nearest tree and commit sudoku. It's what his heart wants.
>>
File: IMG_2527.jpg (305KB, 1220x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2527.jpg
305KB, 1220x1800px
r e a l
>>
>>166719037
Too rich-looking to be Thom...
>>
>>166719037
Baze Malbus, but as a pirate?
>>
>>166719037

True, Blackbeard was real.
>>
>>166719320
but...... he's not white......
>>
>>166718567
Oh yeah? Well I think you're entitled to your opinion, although I disagree with you
>>
Comfy /dag/ is back!
>>
Gouging Liara's eyes out with a rusty spoon.
>>
>>166720740
I am perfectly fine with this anon.
>>
>>166720560
Aaaaand it's gone just like that
>>
>>166720818

Poking holes in Tali's suit desu.
>>
>>166720861
Wish you were gone.
>>
>>166720941
Gone to sleep? Gone to the movies?
>>
>>166720560
Not without the :3 poster, and the Solas-hater.
>>
>>166641331
PLEASE gib me a key
>>
>>166722090
sent ;)
>>
File: 1481750380213.jpg (64KB, 640x497px) Image search: [Google]
1481750380213.jpg
64KB, 640x497px
>>166722090

I never even had the option to invite people because I took part in some browser game event thing to get my key. I think that's no longer possible though, try it. scars.forhonorgame.com
>>
Uh, umm....!
>>
>>166723525
Says I can't even do this in my area.
>>
>>166724612
No one said you could talk, elf!
>>
>>166725357
N, no, um!
>>
>>166725340

Guess you're fucked then, you can try /fgh/
Should be fhg but someone made a typo and it just gets copypasted.
>>
File: dragonage.jpg (54KB, 465x300px) Image search: [Google]
dragonage.jpg
54KB, 465x300px
>>
So I might as well rant here:
I just finished DA:I for the first time, no DLC/add-ons. I have to say that this game is an absolute mess. It's fun and has it's charm but so much of it seems disjointed, lost or pointless.
The mechanics of power, influence and war table operations are poorly implemented.
I'm not sure what the point of power was, you get so much by doing anything. Close a rift, get power, claim a way point, get power, give a guy his missing dildo, get power. It just pour so much out that there was never a situation that I felt pressure to act on what I did or feared opening up an area to be stuck there. Influence and the perks themselves it gave was also troubling because most varied from needless to barely note worthy. The only perks that seem worth getting were the ones that unlock conversation choices and the one that added a ability point. Everything else was forgettable or worthless. The ability to resist dismounting seems needless as back tracking in the world was usually empty so unless your plans was just to bum rush the game investing in those point would be a waste. Never mind mounts were worthless in every area short of the Hissing Wastes also the fact you can't search makes it even more discouraging. The war table ops were stupid and served almost no purpose short of maybe a decent trinket here and there. There times were a mess too. anything under 10 minutes basically means the moment you start on a quest or venture out they will be done but then there were others that were in the 12+ hour range even with max amount of agents and what not where it would be ridiculous to set such a time and seems like Bioware stupidly thought it would work on people like a free to play and they login later to see what happen.
The biggest insult is you can remove everything I mention and the game would still operate the same thus asking a large question as to why any of this was placed in the game.
>>
>>166733118
Well sometimes you do need to grind power which forces you to do side quests and that artificially drags on the play time. If you would reduce this game to its main story it would be 6 hours long at best. Optionally they couldh ave made the side quests actually interesting so you do them because you want to. But in DA:I, I had the "Well fuck it, let's get mama's rign so I can finally move on" when really it should be "I'm interested in this side story, the main story can wait"
>>
>>166733118
Gameplay wise I can't say much, it's a step better than 2 but it has issues still. My biggest grief is everything gets OP to easy. More so the Mages, even before the advance classes are unlock and so far on my second playthrough it seems you can make a unkillable force of nature even on insanity. Crafting seems pointless where there are few good materials and most drops are better most of the time. You can make fun gear or craft Warrior gear a mage can wear but almost any time a drop of armor and especially weapons will out perform anything you could have craft. I swear the more I type the more I feel like I'm talking about a Fable game here with the vast amount of worthless near unfun options plugged into a game.
Conversations and follower outcomes are at least back to form and feel more honest as well as many have impact again meaning you have investment to play around with results. The worlds are nice and with enough variety to all seem different in spite of most having the same quest styles. I enjoyed it had a lot more impact of your choices from older games than DA2 did.
Overall it wasn't the worse game I played but it just left me scratching my head why they implemented resources into worthless features and didn't put more time into balancing the game.
>>
>>166728713
To this day I have no idea why anyone would see that gaunt of a man face attractive.
>>
>>166733709
>wanting balance in a single player game
>>
>>166734076
Honestly I want is a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. When any build is a winning build it starts to begs questions as to why play the game. More so when the story isn't that good nor is the cut scenes. Half the time I was about ready to laugh at how bad the capture motion animations were. Never mind the clipping glitches.
>>
>>166733709
Being able to become godlike through exploitative mechanics is a staple in so many classic CRPGs though.

>>166734335
2h warrior is still pretty weak like its always been. Have you tried that run on higher difficulty yet?
>>
>>166734335
All dlcs add enemies that wipe the floor with you if you don't prepare for it.
>>
>>166734442
>Being able to become godlike through exploitative mechanics is a staple in so many classic CRPGs though.
Becoming one through careful builds, hours on hours of play or exploit? Sure. Basically using common sense and within 10 hours or less? Not so much. I think the biggest flaw was the specialty classes were given when you reach a certain point in the story and you can respect. Granted even without respect it's hard to not make a killing machine.
>2h warrior is still pretty weak like its always been. Have you tried that run on higher difficulty yet?
Not on the MC but Im dabbling with Blackwall as a player two handed champion with challenge has been very beast so far as a player character, AI wise he drops like a fly. That said I do agree 2 handed warrior stands the closest as a challenge to play. It's at least not as boring as sword and board. You can't die but it gets boring.
>>
>>166734592
I'm guessing it's the Deep roads one because Jaws hasn't been an issue yet.
>>
>>166733901
She is even some people's 3dfu. I'm still not entirely sure who this is and what she did apart from making a cringe tier fanfiction movie.
>>
>>166735553
She was a geeky gamur gurl before it was cool. Seriously that's what lead to her fame and what has followed her dying out in media is the fact that just being into geekshit on youtube isn't going to get you a following anymore.
>>
File: 1405198341618.jpg (86KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1405198341618.jpg
86KB, 764x1024px
I've just bought DAI GOTY (lies) Edition during the sale. What should I expect?
>>
>>166736724
Going in not knowing anything about the game, or very little since i havent played a DA game in years, i thought it was pretty cool. The "open world" zones and MMO-tier quests are the most annoying part of it but that's just my biggest gripe.
>>
File: 1443731526868.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1443731526868.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
I'm going to pretend that Cora is a 50 year old Ciri!
>>
>>166736724
An MMO with no population
>>
anata were the best tomodachis a neko could ask for
>>
DA:O is the best game bioware has ever made

prove me wrong, lads!
>>
>>166743536
BG2 was better.
>prove me wrong
Three elf waifus.
>>
File: 217.png (27KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
217.png
27KB, 300x100px
>>166743643
WORST SHIT EVER
>>
>>166743740
square motherfuckin business!
>>
Jack sells her body for red sand.
>>
File: 1387849636837.png (21KB, 165x201px) Image search: [Google]
1387849636837.png
21KB, 165x201px
>>166743536
BG1, BG2, ToB, NWN, JE and ME1 were all much better.
>>166743740
Go back to /tg/, neckbeard, this is an elf supremacy zone.
>>
>>166744406
I was with you until
>ME1
>>
>>166744406
>ME1
Hahaha.
>>
>>166744454
It was a much better written game, the gameplay was okay and there was no deep roads equivalent.
>>
>>166744581
deep roads were based

i'd play a whole game in the deep roads
>>
>>166744581
I can't agree with this because Ash aside, characters are very one-dimensional and underdeveloped.
>>
>>166745008
It was a terrible slog. The combat in the DA games were never satisfying in the same way it was in the BG games so that long dungeon crawl was shit tier.
>>166745065
Maybe but I think ME1 was more about the setting than the characters and in that regard it did much better than DA, although it pretty much dropped all that by the second game when they wanted to make it character focused instead. See, it was a science fiction game first, not a dating sim or friend simulator.

If you really want to understand why I think the way I do you should read Shamus retrospective.
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27792
I think he nails it.
>>
File: 1421227865601.png (132KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1421227865601.png
132KB, 320x310px
>>>/a/152738305
>>
>>166745362
I already gave plenty of reasons of my own to dislike Mass Effect, but maybe I'll read it later.
>>166745518
Than you based nihonese overlords.
>>
Your game sucks, I just came here to see them boobs on OP
>>
>>166745836
It's a pretty interesting read if you've played all the ME games and can't quite put your finger on what happened to the series.
>>
It's so pitiful... I can't watch anymore!
>>
D E D

gamu over
>>
>>166745518
Ikkaku? What the fuck is this?
>>
Wake up /dag/..it is morning.
>>
>>166744406
>ME1
I'm going to step up and argue that ME2 was a better game than ME1.
ME1 much like a lot of Bioware properties just knew the audience well enough they knew what jewels to place into the pile of shit that would make players ignore they had garbage in their hands.
>>
>>166744581
>>166745362

>It was a much better written game,

>whole main story was accent evil awakens
>that's it, they were way to hard to comprehend and main plan was to wipe out the universe to start again.
>Space gypsy that was just an info dump on her race
>Dirty hairy Space cop that was mostly info dump on space cops and his race
>Not Worf the Krorgan was the only interesting character
>everyone is retarded for the sake of plot
>least amount of choices in a Bioware game to date.

>I think ME1 was more about the setting than the characters
You mean all the copy pasting? for a 2007 game it was insultingly mired with copy pasta planets. People that bitch about DA2's cave never faced the same space box map on the same planet titles 200 times.
>it was a science fiction game first,
Strongly disagree. They threw out a lot of large words but it was clear the writers don't understand space travel nor genetics and most of the plot seems to be basically Galaxy Rangers but with a top coat of Star Trek to look deeper than what it is. The following two games were at least more honest with what it was trying to be though looking at the fandom of 1 I'm starting to understand how a lot of terrible games get fan bases based on basically fixing one itch.
>>
>>166753735
>The following two games were at least more honest with what it was trying to be
They tried to be something different than the first game.
>>whole main story was accent evil awakens
Do you even know where you are? Alas, I'm too tired to rip DA:O a new asshole so eh. "Let's take the warp concept from warhammer and stick it in the most generic setting we can think of and have an ancient evil that awakens" isn't exactly stellar writing, anon. ME1's villian was more Lovecraftian and cerebral.
>>
Jetzt stehst du da
An der Laterne
>>
File: 3475437.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3475437.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>166754410
>Do you even know where you are?
Yes and taking a tired as trope of fantasy and shoving it in space isn't decent writing at all.
>ME1's villian was more Lovecraftian and cerebral.
Other than it's squid design, no, it isn't and I'm getting tired of people thinking it is. When the robo cuddle fish states "Beyond your reasoning" in plain English that doesn't make it Lovecraftian, in fact it makes it the opposite and pushes it more into comic book villainy. The mage rulers of the Tevinter Imperium entering the Golden city and what befell afterwards is closer to Lovecraftian where a reach for knowledge lead to madness and decay. Also Grey Wardens and how they are indoctrinated is a lot closer to lovecraft.
Also the biggest difference is presentation. Mass Effect: "We have to stop the reapers." Why? "Because they told us they were going to blow it all up". Dragon Age Origins "We have to stop the Blight" Why? "Did you miss all those razed cities we just ran from?" It's a big reason ME3 was such a let down, we were told for two games armageddon was coming but it was actually less impressive than Dragon Age's blights even though it was nearly a 1 for 1 copy. Also indoctrination isn't very lovecrafting either, it's more Stephen King.
>>
What's with the us vs them mentality propagated here between ME and DA?
>>
>>166758145
Don't know about them, but /meg/ faggots have been regularly coming here to false-flag, spam, or just shitpost for months.
>>
>>166758145
It's not really there. Honestly it's just both fix different scratches. Mass Effect however does get a lot of defense because there are not a large amount of Space travel RPGs so they look over it's flaws a bit more shamelessly.
Both have serious flaws but Mass Effect isn't a good game and the first one aged bad out the gate, but again, how many RPGs are made in a year that let you travel to Procyon and drive around the planet while flirting with aliens? That's how it stays strong while say an equally bad game like Dragon Age 2 get smash for the trash it is because we average about 2 Fantasy RPGs a year since the 90s so the bar is set and expected much higher.
>>
>>166758830
>Honestly it's just both fix different scratches
Then why compare them?

Also, I wouldn't say that ME1 isn't a good game, but it's very heavily flawed. It's a chore to play a good portion of the time, but the good parts are really enjoyable

>>166758753
I really hope things will calm down once Andromeda comes out. I miss comfy /dag/
>>
>/dag/ cissies going shopping with their GF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaRkkN7MQuw
>>
>>166759170
>Then why compare them?
Because it was brought up in >>166744406 ask him why he brought it here.
>but the good parts are really enjoyable
I'd debate the good parts quality would vary greatly person to person.
>>
>>166759676
>Because it was brought up in >>166744406 ask him why he brought it here.
Oh, I wasn't asking about you specifically, I meant in general. It seems like a common comparison, at least around these parts

>I'd debate the good parts quality would vary greatly person to person.
Sure, but you'd think the good parts would appeal to most people that would be interested in a space opera type game in the first place
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_22_16_48_11_302.jpg (214KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_22_16_48_11_302.jpg
214KB, 1600x899px
>>166759358
>>
Want to hh with Lambert...
>>
Want Vesemir to send me a belfie...
>>
>>166760001
>meant in general. It seems like a common comparison
Ah that's even easier answer: both are made by the same company and recycle assets from each other. They are also the only two IPs Bioware is working on anymore.

>you'd think the good parts would appeal to most people that would be interested in a space opera type game in the first place
I'm not sure, I was rather disappointed with the first game and I am a shameless space fan of the Treks, Wars, hell Red Dwarf even. But ME just felt awful, but then again, I wasn't there to romance aliens, or be a special snowflake that saved mankind, I wanted a good space adventure and it wasn't there. Most of the more interesting plot points were stuff away in codex entries, the plot was too Deus Ex and basically every went from either one extreme to another in first game's plot(really the whole series) which can be summed up as: they all believe Shepard based on his word alone or they all disbelieve Shepard in spite of a mountain of should be there evidence. It just left me more disappointed than happy with it but from what I've seen when you play the game in age and experience in media (film, books etc) really effects how much you do or don't enjoy it.

Dragon Age: Origins while simple in plot hit all the right notes of getting yourself lost in a magic world and the race against the clock both felt real and understandable to the plot. People's actions and events that unfolded added up right and the depth of choice was much better than A or B three times over with 0 impact for the rest of the game.
>>
>>166761636
>then again, I wasn't there to romance aliens
See, but that's a big part of the appeal for a lot of people, and part of space operas as a genre (if you want to call it that). They want to be Captain Kirk.

I'm not going to argue for the plot. I don't care for it. I play it because I like the crew interaction. However limited that is, it's not in any other game series that I know of besides KOTOR
>>
>>166761636
>Most of the more interesting plot points were stuff away in codex entries
This is true.
>I wasn't there to romance aliens, or be a special snowflake that saved mankind
That's a huge problem with the DA games too though.
>>
>>166761268
Too old...
>>
File: witcher3_2017_01_28_03_50_05_538.jpg (359KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_01_28_03_50_05_538.jpg
359KB, 1600x899px
>>
>>166764509
Skellige...
>>
please STOP posting witcher TRASH in our thread!

tyvm
>>
>>166765903
no *kisses you softly*
>>
>>166765903
ok anon..
>>
>>166767882
>My 100yo mother figure died how could this happen ablooablooooooo
>>
>>166768110
Her death was not natural anon.
>>
>>166769117
But still foreseeable in the near future
>>
>>166769169
she got killed by a filthy mage
>>
Is pirated DA2 completely incompatible with windows 10? Keeps crashing when I try to boot it up. I'm not going to buy this shit if it isn't a bundle with everything but I want to play it.
>>
>>166770132
it is well established fact that DA2 is incompatible with human dignity and artistic integrity
>>
>>166770132

Which release are you trying to get to run? I installed the RG Catalyst release awhile back and it worked alright.
>>
>>166771960
R G Mechanics. Windows 10 has shit tier error messages so i don't even know what's wrong, it just refuses to run.
>>
>>166772372

Did you run the configuration tool first? Where you set your settings. It could also be you don't have the different frameworks installed.
>>
how well does DA:I run on GNU?

winehq says "garbage" but has anyone HERE tried it?
>>
>>166775663
The fuck is this and why would you use this
>>
>Liam: straight
>Cora: straight
>PeeBee: bi
>Jaal: bi
>Reyes: gay
>and none for lesbians bye
>>
>>166776187
What about Vetra?
>>
>>166776187
What are the odds that they'll go full retard and make the asari a dyke?
>>
>same thread for 3, almost 4 days
>more talk about other games than shit age
why does this general exist again?
>>
>>166768110
>mother figure
um..... they were wlw..........
>>
>>166776556
My gut's telling me she won't be a LI.

>>166776612
There was some post on the BSN from someone who claimed to have inside info that PeeBee is bi and Reyes is gay. Assuming they're wrong though I've also had the suspicion PeeBee could be the lesbian option.
>>
>>166775978
>the fuck is this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU

>why would you use it
because it is freedom respecting software
>>
>>166776729
They'll announce DA4 ANY DAY NOW.
>>
>>166776187
>Reyes
who
>>
>>166776817
That would really piss me off. That's not how asari work
>>
>>166776187
TFW dykes only got Sera in DA
>>
>/meg/'s face when the femtur is a lesbian
>>
>>166776959
Someone who works on the Tempest, probably gonna be like Traynor and Cortez. I think you can hear him talking in the NVDIA demo.

>>166777073
I would have said Vetra's the lesbian but that might piss some of them off.

>Oh we're not good enough for a human wlw romance huh?!
>>
>>166776914
Of course, only tinfoil hat wearers would use shit like that
>>
>>166776817
I really don't want you to be right about Vetra, but I think you're going to be.
>>
>>166777335
>she's a lesbian you can't romance
>>
>>166777768
It'd help if we knew more about her. It's obvious now Drack's not going to be a romance, but with Vetra all we know is that family is important to her, which might suggest she already has one, husband/wife included.
>>
File: 1484892488859.png (37KB, 191x122px) Image search: [Google]
1484892488859.png
37KB, 191x122px
>Vetra is Ryder's Wynne
>>
>>166774123
Yeah, I've tried everything. Trying another version now.
>>
>>166779262
just buy the game faggot support good developers
>>
>>166780486
No, if they can't be arsed to put together a complete package for me to buy then I won't. Same thing with the second and third Mass Effect games. I have bought their older games back when they came complete out of the box, ME1 which is complete on Origin, DA:O, which has an Ultimate Edition, DA:I's GOTY edition... I just refuse to be nickel and dimed after a purchase, either I get the whole thing or nothing.
>>
>>166780743
Well DA2 obviously never had a GOTY edition because it's shit.
>>
>>166780858
Neither did ME2 and some idiots hail that failure of a game the best in the whole series.
>>
Fuck my elven ass. Changed the renderer to directX 9 and it works now for some reason. Probably downloaded and installed another release completely unnecessarily.
>>166782656
It's really strange that they haven't put together a complete package of the trilogy though, you'd think there would be at least some demand for it. DA2 had basically no retailer demand a couple of days after release but ME2 still has a good reputation.
>>
>>166782656
ME3 > ME2 >> ME1
>>
>>166783071
ME1 > ME3 >> ME2
>>
>Reyes is voiced by Hawke
this is acceptable
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>166783281
almost got me
>>
File: 1331708008481.jpg (282KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1331708008481.jpg
282KB, 800x600px
>>166783071
How does it feel to have an incredibly shit opinion

>>166783281
How does it feel to have a factual statement
>>
So... what class is the most fun to play as in DA2?
>>
File: 35666651_p0.png (1MB, 950x750px) Image search: [Google]
35666651_p0.png
1MB, 950x750px
>>166783728
>How does it feel to have a factual statement
Feels pretty gud.
>>
>>166783872
No class. Just don't play the game at all.
>>
>>166783872
Mage anon..or dw rogue.
>>
>>166641331
didn't a bearded daddy with a cane show off that game at E3...?
>>
>>166784449
I still can't get over how hideous DA2 is. DAO is a masterpiece in comparison.
>>
File: 1337107738573.png (46KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
1337107738573.png
46KB, 569x571px
>>166784449
It's just so fucking lazy,
>>
>Almost at bump limit after 3 days
>>
>>166787208
when you're given 14 months to push out what is supposed to be a full fledged sequel, you have to cut corners
>>
>>166788638
They shouldn't have had 14 months in the first place.
>>
>>166789853
exactly, and they were given years for DA:I, new IP and ME:A
>>
>>166790439
At least DAI feels like a decent pay off for the time.
>>
File: 1440001166335.jpg (112KB, 765x425px) Image search: [Google]
1440001166335.jpg
112KB, 765x425px
>>166792892
Not it didn't.
Your castle never gets attacked and you barely use most of your resources.

All the shit you acquire over the course of the game through quests or wartable is boiled down to one of three rewards:
>Armor/Weapon schematics (useful and nice)
>Materials or premade equipment (almost always garbage)
>Power

Power is the cancer of ME3 and DA:I and I wager it'll be in ME:A.

See, the issue is that they're trying to convince you that you're the ruler of some huge organization and that you have a lot of say and authority but they hamstring all of the interesting logistics that running organizations like the Inquisition.

The sort of general experience you get in a 4X or Grand Strategy game is what Inquisition ought to have had if they were trying to sell the fantasy of being this sort of leader. Instead it boils out into (both in DAI and ME3) "Oh Commander/Inquisitor, you have so much sway and you're so influential. Just let me take care of all the details and decisions and you can decide which one of the three of us cocksuckers takes care of it, with marginally different results and a bit of flavor text"

Power/War Assets are the garbage of what Bioware considers 'putting you in charge' and 'building a movement' because it boils the nuance and interlocking nature of organizations into a single resource that requires no thought on the developer's or programmer's part. It's the legitimately laziest way to try to sell the fantasy of having authority short of it being a binary "You now have enough influence/You do not have enough influence."

I felt really cockblocked that DA:I had nothing to show for all the resources I built up for the literal namesake of the game.
>>
>>166793440
they already said they had to cut a lot of shit from DAI because of last gen, like the whole defending crestwood thing.
>>
it's pretty clear that they had to scale back after the decision to release on 360/PS3 was made

just look at the oldest, early demo
>>
>>166793739
yeah that cut scene of sera running her hands through the wheat couldn't even stay in
>>
>>166793440
>>which one of the three of us cocksuckers takes care of it
>you will never assign cullen to sentry duty under your desk
>>
>>166793440
DAI >> DAO >>>> DA2

ME3 = ME2 >>>> ME1
>>
>>166793440
>My persona nitpick means it was rushed shit
>>
File: 1336610757903.gif (3MB, 252x187px) Image search: [Google]
1336610757903.gif
3MB, 252x187px
>>166794130
>>
File: Suq.jpg (121KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
Suq.jpg
121KB, 750x537px
>>166793623
Yeah but they cut entire gameplay mechanics.
Like why bother having a power mechanic in the game at all if it's gonna be that shallow?
Why have a power mechanic at all, why not just lock areas to a level cap? At least then I might understand why I feel like I have very little control of the goings ons.

See, mechanically there's no reason why they would need to cut so much given that the main difference between consoles are the GPUs. CPUs are usually overpowered for most nearly any game and that's where the majority of the Inquisition building would have resided, in 4X/Grand Strategy-like CPU calculations.

See, ME3 pulled a similar move and that was ONLY available on 360/PS3. Bioware's conception of gameplay mechanics is incredibly simplistic. Not only do Gameplay and Story seem to exist in two entirely separate spheres of design but even in gameplay it feels like they're driven 99% by what some EA focus-group director has 'researched' is the main and minimum and only features they need to include for the game to build hype and sell.

I mean Tyranny did more than ME3 or DA:I and most of that wasn't graphically intensive, it was just taking the time to lay out systems that interact with each other on a basic level. Fucking Divinity Dragon Commander did even more than Tyranny and Inquisition and that's from a much smaller studio.

This is why I have so little hope for Andromeda: Modern Bioware's fundamental conception of any feature is the most surface level interpretation of it. See, It's why gameplay in ME3 was so solid: it was largely unchanged from the foundation set down by ME2, when EA likely brought in some of the devs from another team to help on that end.

You're not gonna get anything deep on combat or story in Andromeda. You're barely gonna get something that is fun on occasion because EA and whoever is left at Bioware is running these series based on a checklist of features and 'vibe' feels from the story and aesthetic.
>>
i like dragon age
>>
>>166794598
i mean you have valid points but we've all been here long enough that we know andromeda is going to be a huge disappointment in some fields. i think the people who were already determined not to play it made that decision a long time ago.
>>
actual facts

objective:
DA:O >>> DA:I > DA2
ME2 > ME1 >>>>>>>>> ME3

personal:
DA:O >>> DA2 > DA:I
ME1 > ME2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ME3
>>
>>166794856
>ME2 being better than anything
>>
NEW THREAD

>>166795016
>>166795016
>>166795016
>>
File: lods.png (64KB, 198x201px) Image search: [Google]
lods.png
64KB, 198x201px
>>166794304
Not rushed, just poorly executed and lazily conceived.

Like, DA:I we were promised entire systems that weren't included. Like not just certain missions or areas, entire mechanics were cut and they weren't cut for graphical intensity that the 360 would have been able to handle.

I mean we get to build our base a bit but it has effectively no outcome on anything other than some cosmetics. No one comments on them, they don't affect any meaningful mechanics. Why include that if they were intended to be cosmetic from the very beginning?

You can explore and establish outposts and forts but there's both fewer than suggested in the previews for Inquisition and they serve way less of a purpose than advertised.
>>
>>166795226
I'd say it was more underwhelmingly executed not poorly. Cause it still works pretty well, it's at least functional, if a bit shallow.
Thread posts: 754
Thread images: 148

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.