[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/reg/ - Resident Evil General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 763
Thread images: 106

someone fill this shit for me I'm too lazy
>>
RESIDENT EVIL 7

OH MY GOD
>>
Holy fuck I can't play. Just can't do it man.
I can't believe how much of a sissy bitch I am.
>>
Anyone able to play on steam? It says it's out but I can't get the last patch it just fails. I'm
>>
>>166445153
You okay anon?

Anyways, try restarting Steam.
But also check and see if its still unpacking, shit takes forever.
>>
The boss fights in this game are incredibly hokey but incredibly awesome
>>
File: RE7.png (671KB, 714x700px) Image search: [Google]
RE7.png
671KB, 714x700px
OC meme potential.
>>
>>166442390
Anyone found the lockpick in the Guest house at the start of the game?
I looked everywhere and couldnt find the damn thing and I want to know whats in the drawer in the kitchen.
>>
File: lll.png (3MB, 1880x1054px) Image search: [Google]
lll.png
3MB, 1880x1054px
>>166448967

This one? There was a toolbox in the save room that had a lockpick. All this had was Heal Potion.
>>
W E W
>>
>>166449937
The most predictable death in a Resident Evil since Robert Kendo.
>>
>>166449090
No anon Im talking about the house you first go the the guest house, the one that looked like the demo stage.
In that area in the kitchen is a locked drawer but I didnt find the lockpick to open it and after the boss fight you cant go back to that area so I am wondering what I missed.
>>
>>166450868
Doesn't really matter, does it? You lose everything after the boss fight.
>>
anyone know how to get in the dissection room? looked everywhere for a key twice already
>>
>>166449937
Epic webm lad I r8 a 10/10
>>
Anyone know what the toy hatchet does?
I know the toy gun lets you get the broken shotgun back which you can fix with the repair kit but I dont know what the other toy does.
>>
>>166452058
You need to solve the puzzle in the basement, the room with the slabs for bodies.
Look at the clue and open the name with 3 As then open the one with the bloody handprint.
>>
where is torrent
>>
nice on the rail cinematic cutscene game.
combat? nonsexistent. survival? find the magic trigger button and jump to the next "puzzle"

AAA did it once again.
>>
I'm used to playing RE games on Expert. Should I play on Madhouse even though this is my first time playing?
>>
File: 44.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
Is the Magnum worth it?
>>
File: 20170124112512_1.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170124112512_1.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
You guys need to turn down your brightness holy shit. Also I feel like I'm playing STALKER sometimes.
>>
oh neat an RE general

it's a shame that not even at peak interest in the series could keep an RE general alive...
>>
File: 20170124060737_1.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170124060737_1.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>166473069

Most people who would post in it are probably avoiding this general like the plague out of fear of spoilers.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieg6s00s5XI

Accurate depiction of the plot premise presented in the first few hours.
>>
>>166468302

no

on normal by the end i found a total of 11 ammo for the magnum

shotgun is the best anyway
>>
File: 1477080133570.jpg (82KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
1477080133570.jpg
82KB, 1280x974px
>total length: 5 hours
>>
>>166476650
This shit is really that short?
>>
>>166476650
good thing I'm not buying this then
>>
>>166451917
Guest house is still a nice sandbox for learning things, so more exploration is better.

I really like how much it acts as a rearrange of the Beginning Hour demo, though. Sorta goads you into trying to see how much of your memory from the demo applies to the full game. Rather than a handholding sort of tutorial experience it just throws you in there, reminds you occasionally of certain mechanics, and says "hey, you're a big guy, you'll learn it as you go. HAVE FUN!"

Not as tightly executed as the REmake tutorial hallway, but still quite good for a sequence that ultimately doesn't put anything extra in your pocket when it's over, other than that Codex watch.
>>
>RE7 just launched today
>this thread is dead
is it really bad or what
>>
>>166500623
Nah. It's actually decent. A lot of shitlords on /v/ are bitching but eh. I'm really liking it so far.
>>
I went to bed early last night so I'm playing today. A friend called a bit ago saying that the mold monsters only take a few shots to the head to kill them.

Jack's an asshole. I'm not used to the hiding/sneaking yet. Granted I'm not too far into the game.
>>
>>166500623
Most people who are interested are playing it rather than shitposting.
>>
What's the difference between the 2 colour space options on PC?
>>
>>166507765
Moreover what the fuck is HDR mode and why can't I use it?
>>
Should I have the shotgun by the time i get into the basement area?
>>
>>166510029
By the time you grab the scorpion key, you're good to go on the shotgun.

So that's I guess maybe 2/3rds of the foyer section?
>>
>4 shotgun shells and about 4 handgun rounds to kill one of those slime things

really nigga
>>
File: 418370_20170124123803_1.png (797KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
418370_20170124123803_1.png
797KB, 1920x1080px
>>166500623
/v/ is full of people trying to dissuade anyone from discussing or enjoying the game, so I think the people who do enjoy it are either playing or discussing elsewhere, or in between the incessant shitposting.
>>
are the molded mutated corpses?

i'd think that if they were made from livestock humans you'd actually find other living people in the house
>>
>>166513698
What do you think you and Mia are?
>>
>>166513698

Not corpses really, just humans that "turned".
>>
>game automatically binds a mouse button, that I always unbind because I accidentally press it constantly, to 'use meds'
>no way to unbind
f u c k
o f f
>>
So how long IS this game? Anybody get through it so far? Is there replay ability?
>>
File: MB.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MB.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
How the FUCK am I supposed to beat Marguerite?
I pump 30 shotgun shells, 200 units of burner fuel, and four incendiary grenades right into her vag-hive-na and it just makes her more angry.
>>
>>166516713
You need to damage her till she charges you then she runs off.
>>
>>166515628

Beat in about 8 hours total. It's not that long. The early RE games were also pretty short, but only if you already knew all the correct paths and secrets.

It feels like they spent most of their time on the house and the Bakers, and didn't really have much for follow through in later sections, so they're much shorter and simpler.
>>
>>166521662
Ship took ages if you explored it, the mines/lab was pretty straightforward.
The game I noticed actually followed the script of RE1 to a degree.
You start in a mansion, then go outside to a garden like area, then go to a wooden house like area down the garden path, but then you go to another house instead of back to the mansion that leads outside again to a spooky area then you get the mines and the lab.
So it does sorta have a flow like RE1 but they made the lab smaller and put the cave at the end of the game.
>>
>>166513114
This. I have no idea how many posts i saw saying
>literally outlast!
>literally cod!
>its on rails!

I hope people actually decide to play the game for themselves and develop their own opinion
>>
post cute Mia screenshots
>>
>>166522369

I did do quite a bit of exploring in the ship, but even then it didn't take me very long.

I agree about the flow, but I think unlike RE1 they put most of the narrative in the house, where in RE1 parts of it come out in different sections.
>>
>>166511358
Are you playing on the hardest? It's taking me about 3 quick headshots with the pistol and 1-2 shots with the shotgun up close. I'm on normal.
>>
>>166513698
I would think they're mutated corpses. When you go to the morgue and read the note it says that they put someone in the furthest left section. When you open it there's a molded monster.
>>
>>166523196
They have the tapes which serve as plot explanations to explain away about what happened to certain people and who Mia really was.
Also the DLC should help explain certain things like if Redfield is Redfield or actually HUNK.
>>
>>166524028
Fair point. I thought the tapes were a nice touch overall.
>>
>>166524305
I like how you can actually change things in the current time if you do stuff in the past, like the boat where you can open all the doors with Mia in the past and take all the loot in the present.
>>
I remember starting the very first RE general on /vg/, way back when...

half the posts were people saying "IT'S NOT GONNA STICK OP"

then someone else made a second thread and it violently plunged into yelling and shitposting and died at a fraction of the posts of the first

every general I've seen since then has had pretty poor post numbers but this might be the longest lasting one I've seen in a while

also is RE7 good? and if so, is it $60 good? I mean, I'm gonna get it anyway eventually, I just don't want to spend $60 all willy nilly
>>
File: FF.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FF.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>166525125
I'm six hours in, and it's a lot of fun. It manages to very proficiently bridge the line between horror and humour like a good RE should. I get very heavy Alien: Isolation vibe from it, so if you like that chances are you'll like this.

No reason to pay $60, though. Set me back 41 ausbucks.
>>
After beating the game I feel like it's missing the final area. I was expecting to get one more big interconnected, maze-like area. But instead the final boss just shows up and things end quite suddenly.
>>
I beat the game woo
>>
>some dickhead cuts my leg off
>fall on the ground
>get a prompt to pick up my leg
>do
>crawl around for 30 seconds dying
What was the point of that?
>>
>Try out madhouse mode
>Jack literally fucking runs after you
>You cant run away from him because its take two steps and get grabbed
>He can one shot you with one hit from his shovel
>After the garage he instantly respawns and comes after you again
>He can spawn anywhere in the house
>If you kill him, after you leave the room he instantly respawns again
Holy fuck you need to have all the special items just to do Madhouse mode, its fucking insanely hard.
>>
Can you use your unlocks first time in madhouse mode? Does the albert gun have unlimited ammo or is it a pistol?
>>
>>166535867
Everything you unlock you can use in Madhouse mode.
The replica Albert-1 has 3 shots and is just a handgun that does decent damage.
It will not help in Madhouse since it is hard as hell.
>>
Wait, so RE7 is entirely First Person?
>>
Got my first repair kit. Is the repaired broken handgun much better than the standard handgun, or should I repair the shotgun instead?
>>
File: 1485245201365.jpg (277KB, 714x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485245201365.jpg
277KB, 714x700px
>>166448930

lol
>>
>>166536519
That is correct and it's better for it.
>>
>>166538514
Wouldn't you have to give up the standard shotgun to repair the 'broken' one? Wasn't even aware repair kits were a thing.
>>
File: download1.jpg (159KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
download1.jpg
159KB, 1024x576px
Brightness really turns this game into something else. Here's what I was playing at.
>>
File: download2.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download2.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
And here's just 4 notches down.
>>
>>166486616
>>166494110
Nah it's more like 8+ the first time, same as the other resident evil games.
>>
>>166539746
After the 2nd boss and getting the snake key you can get a toy shotgun in Lucas's room and use that to get both guns.
Also the Shotgun shits all over the handgun, handgun is nice but the makarov is just as good.
>>
Attention:
Anyone going for the use the box only 3 times trophy and item you can never use the box as you must use it 3 times in game.
1: To get past Lucas's trap
2: After the trap
3: After the Mia, ship section.
>>
File: tapes.jpg (75KB, 1353x501px) Image search: [Google]
tapes.jpg
75KB, 1353x501px
Which is tape is the "party room" tape?

Because i have no fucking clue but appearantly i did it.

>>166545657

thanks
>>
icameheretolaughatyou.png

Literally the biggest letdown of the year.
If anyone preordered I hope you feel the burn as capcom fucks you unlubed with hyperspeed up the ass.

It's finally over.
>>
>>166549886

i didnt know getting fucked in the ass was this much fun

cant wait to perorder RE8
>>
File: 1459116203421.jpg (201KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1459116203421.jpg
201KB, 900x675px
>>166542569
This reply is the most capdrone type of reply I've yet to witness.
>same as the other resident evil games.
No. It's not the "same". Just because the back of the box says the numbers match does not mean it is you advertiser. Stop shilling this game.
There is 0 HOURS of REPLAYVALUE in this.
Don't be fooled by the capdrones they will get drowned out sooner or later.
>>
>>166550439

wow Outlast 2 shills or Kojimadrone are really mad
>>
>>166549886
>>166550439
On what grounds do you make these claims?
Remember that this is a thread for people playing the game, if you regurgitate nu-/v/ memes it'll be very obvious you haven't played it.
>>
>>166550773
Tell me about the unlockables please.
>>
>>166551104
What about them?
>>
Anyone got an accurate list of unlockables and thier tasks ? Google is giving links to shit that's either incomplete or contradicts each other
>>
>>166552473
Ill tell you what I know anon.
X-Ray Specs: Beat the game in 4 hours or less. Counts as an infinite see all items pill.
Saw: Melee weapon, Beat the game but only heal 3 times or less. Note that Steroids do heal you but are counted as steroids and do not count as heals.
R-Albert-1: Replica of the gun used to kill the final boss, uses 3 bullets, handgun, does tons of damage but weaker than a shotgun.
Infinite Ammo: Beat the game on Madhouse mode.
Running Shoes: Beat the game only using the box 3 times. (Note you have to use the box 3 times so you can never use the box outside of those 3 times)
>>
Is there a graphical setting I can change so the screen stops getting darker and brighter depending on what I look at
>>
How hard is 7?

I have only played the first one and I couldn't fucking complete it because I ran out of stuff I think, can't remember much else. Should I even bother with this?
>>
File: 20170124114433_1.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170124114433_1.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
Solid game but shorter than I would have liked. Has Soft Reboot written all over it. I thought it did a good job of bringing the series back down to its roots of some poor fuckers stuck in a big house.

It could have used more enemy variety. Actually, it could have used more variety in general. Some of the plot points aren't really tied off, or at least they weren't tied off in my playthrough. I'm still not sure exactly what Mia was doing in the three years since she originally disappeared or why.

Worth the $48 I paid for it. I don't understand all the hate this game is getting and I really don't understand why people say "it's not Resident Evil!" Part of the game felt like the REmake, part of the game almost felt like STALKER, and overall it did a good job of creating a suspenseful atmosphere.

Oh also, there's a repair kit under the house behind a sheet of metal on the front of the house. You can use it to fix up the Broken Handgun to make an M19(11) or fix the Broken Shotgun for an over-under shotgun. There's a second repair kit but it's the item in the third treasure photo.
>>
>>166555285
Change the Running shoes to.
If you smash all 20 Mr Everywhere statues you get them.
Not sure if you need to do it in one run or not.
>>
>>166559319

you can avoid most enemies if you run out of ammo
>>
>>166560632

Let me rephrase.
Is it possible to fuck up so bad and not be able to finish the game? Run out of healing items/ammo whatever?

Because pretty sure that happened to me in the first game. I'm not a good player.
>>
>>166443113
post boypucci
>>
>>166560889

I ran out of ammo at some point and just ran past most enemies and closed doors to keep them from coming in. So no you can still progress if you run out of items
>>
>>166560889
>>166561459

oh yeah and there is an easy mode too if you really suck that much
>>
>>166561559

Thanks.

Last question, can I switch difficulty mid game or do you have to start a new game?
>>
>>166561664
>can I switch difficulty mid game
no
>>
>>166561782

Okay, thanks.
Fuck it, I'll buy it and hope for the best.
>>
What the hell are you meant to do in that Mia tape part? I hide a couple of times and then end up in a dead end. I can't progress, just keep looping around in the same few rooms.

Also, in general, I have to say I hate the bullshit parts where someone is chasing you and you don't know what you're exactly meant to do so you just have to die a few times (e.g. get run over by a car) before you figure it out. It ruins any kind of tension because then the game just becomes repeating the same bits, annoyed and without any atmosphere.
>>
File: jhgfd.jpg (64KB, 827x1280px) Image search: [Google]
jhgfd.jpg
64KB, 827x1280px
Okay, can you do the early Mia part, when she goes nuts, without taking damage? That part puts me through 2 health tonic things yet there's a trophy to only use 3.
>>
>>166560889
To be honest, in the first game you can actually kill every enemy and still end up with over 100 handgun bullets and a load of grenade rounds, possibly some shotgun shells but they tend to get used on hunters quite a lot. The Tyrant at the end goes down to about 4 acid rounds, it's hilarious. I remember it being way harder when I was about 15 but played it recently and was surprised.

This is the actual first game, not REmake which is, what, the 8th game or something, maybe higher.
>>
I have a weird thing going on where I can connect my pc either to a traditional small screen on desk with keyboard + mouse or a 40 inch tv and play with a controller.

What would be the best way and scariest for this game?
>>
>>166559405
To agree with you:
1. It's totally like early RE in most ways. The locked doors, puzzles, Metroidvania elements, ways that events can play out differently based on certain actions, limited inventory, actually having to figure out what item to use on what object rather than it being automatic like RE4 onwards, etc etc.

2. It seems to be mainly based on the firstperson view. Funny thing is, Mikami wanted RE to be FP right from the start but the PS1 couldn't do it well enough. Check out the old interview with him on Crimson Head Elder to see.

3. Ironically, and of course YMMV, but the main way it's different is that it's actually scary. RE was always quite camp and silly and not particularly scary. It got even less scary with 4 onwards, what with Leon dodging laser beams with QTEs, suplexing enemies and diving headfirst through fucking windows on the 2nd floor.
>>
>>166562541
TV, I'd say. Better if you have headphones. I have those Sony ones with my PS4 and they have virtual surround (which is an option in the game) and it's actually too scary to play with them. There are noises constantly coming from behind walls and right behind you, it's horrible.
>>
>>166521662
>but only if you already knew all the correct paths and secrets.
To a degree but they were very short anyway. I played RE1 last month. That last time I'd played it was when it was new. I could remember visual things, like thte appearances of many areas and enemies and so on, but not puzzles or where keys were etc. I completed it in 3 hours.
>>
amazing, the thread's still up

so, since it's technically an RE general and not an RE7 general, have y'all seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/user/geminimewtwo/videos

it's the channel of the guy who's currently working on the RE1.5 restoration project

he was working on what appeared to be a 1:1 survivor remake but apparently in third person but he hasn't posted an update on that since december of 2015
>>
File: resident-evil-7-mia.jpg (55KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-7-mia.jpg
55KB, 1080x600px
>>166442390
MIA LEWD MODS WHEN?
>>
>>166521662
>>It feels like they spent most of their time on the house and the Bakers, and didn't really have much for follow through in later sections, so they're much shorter and simpler.
That's another classic Resi thing, for better or worse. The mansion/police station parts are large, varied, have multiple elements to keep track of. Then you maybe get a secondary part like the Plant 42 building that's really quick but still has some bulk to it. Then you just race through fairly linear areas in about half an hour to the final boss (caves and lab in RE1).
>>
>>166524489
Reminds me of A game and B game in RE2.
>>
>>166564389
I want to a Baker gangbang of the loli. Thanks to it being on Steam, it'll happen fairly soon.
>>
>>166561981
Mia's tape is a bit trial and error, but there's a point you need to run over to where Marg' comes from, because all she'll do is run loops around that crate pile you'd think to hid behind.

Stealth in the game is largely line of sight based, so if you're finding yourself caught, look for a different place to go and pucker your asshole.

>>166562319
Shoot a few times, quick-180, back off, quick-180, repeat. Just do it like it's old school Resi.
>>
>>166562617
YMMV indeed, because I've yet to find something about 7 that's scary.

Unsettling, sure; the biohorror is gross to look at.

But you ever find yourself triggering some kind of jump scare and instead of being freaked out you're just "FUCK YEAH RESIDENT EVIL SHIT!" or anything? That's been my experience with the game.

And I am absolutely ok with that. Even when it's not scary anymore, the survival process is still its own challenge.
>>
>>166565548
For me even walking forwards into the next area is scary. I'm constantly shitting myself someone will appear to chase me. Right now I got to a large hall and went upstairs and this fucker will not stop chasing me. I have no idea what to do, I'm just constantly being chased.

By contrast, in RE1-3 you were basically playing Onimusha with zombies (I know it's the other way around). You run around brightly lit corridors in a third person view and shoot slow things with autoaim. 4-6 are action games with all sorts of hilarious shit all the time like suplexing enemies and things that snap you out of it like how enemies drop glowing piles of money to upgrade your sweet guns.
>>
>>166565186
The thing that was getting me in the tape was that pedestal is non-interactive when you walk through the room. I assumed it was just there for later when you play as Ethan again and was off-limits for Mia. I didn't realise that once you went into the outdoor area, you could then come back in and now it worked.

For the Mia combat part, I actually meant earlier than that. When you just have the axe and she has the knife. I died there the first time. I died again once on the chainsaw/pistol part you're referring to. Really, in old school Resi I'd just run past most things. Zombies practically would never ever grab you. Hunters you'd shoot once, they'd fall over, shoot again, fall over, shoot again.
>>
>>166565548
>>166565756

i havent found any of the RE games scary.

Beginning Hour was scary and super spooky for the first time until i reliazed nothing's going to happen basically.

Then in the last update came and let you go into the hallways that leads to the basement t has the bathroom and when i entered that room it gave me that fucking unsettling feeling because it was totally new and unknown whats there and when i saw the stairs to the basement i went "fuck no" a bit.

I expected more of this in the full game but didnt really get it apart from a very few areas. I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless.

I've only found scary Mia with the chainsaw a bit because of her weird movement.
>>
>>166566103
Shocked the shit out of me when she fucking takes off your hand.
Thought I was going to go full Glas and complete the game with only one arm.
>>
>>166566103
Well let me put it this way. For me, the part early on when Mia disappears, you go back upstairs to the bathroom and the loud banging starts, then you go back to the basement door? Then you hear rasping breathing coming from downstairs in the pitch darkness? At that point I minimised the game and asked my friend to come over "to see the new Resident Evil". Creepy unsettling things really bother me. I still haven't completed Silent Hill 2 (or any of them, actually, apart from the Wii one) because of that. Though to be fair, I haven't tried to for years.

On a different note, I like some of the obscure references. There's a novel in the living room near the garage that's written by Clive - your boss from Revelations. It's called "The Unveiled Abyss" which is of course a reference to the events of Revelations. It does say at the end of that game that he quit his job and became an author.
>>
>>166566418

No sadly i guess i built up of a lot of resistance to these.

When she was coming up the stairs did give me very unsettling feeling a bit until i saw it basically her, the "jump scare" didnt even make move a bit.

i.e at the end when you hallucinate her in the hallway after the kitchen with the chainsaw that can scare somewhat because of her overall look and that weird body movement(SH:Homecoming nurses have that effect on me).

Sadly i have very specific shit that scares me by now games usually dont have it.

On the other hand, im sure the game would have lot scarier and bigger effect on me if i'd would be playing in VR.
>>
>>166565958
Still, I would subscribe to the get in, attack, and back off method. It's surprisingly relevant even in first person thanks to how sluggish the controls are.

>>166565756
I'd say there was a bit more immediate terror in my first run throughs of oldschool RE due to just not knowing how the rules of the game worked. Getting jumped by Mr. X in 2 took the cake, I'd always wonder if I'm prepared to handle scripted ambushes I have no prior knowledge about.

By the time I got to play REmake via the remaster, there were some solid scares due to the game preying on how much I knew the mansion from the original. But I was immersed more in the gameplay systems to truly be freaked out. Plus I made an effort to play competently and respect how dangerous even mere zombies could be if allowed to go crimsonhead.

Come 7 though, I'm so immersed in familiar territory and throwbacks to a time long past that the sheer nostalgia of it all overpowers any sensation of fear. It probably helped that I went through Alien Isolation back when that came out and that game conditions you to steel your bumhole real fast with far more punishing rules of play.

>>166566103
Actually I do think the Beginning Hour was legit the most recent I've been intimidated by RE, and it's for the same reason as you: that basement is just absolute NO GO territory

Revisiting the guest house in the full game instead just produced that same FUCK YEAH FAMILIARITY reflex that makes me too giddy to be scared of 7, even when it plays around with familiarity of the demo version.

>>166566418
I've heard some of the books you see in shelves are titled after stuff from Dead Rising.
>>
File: manuela.jpg (169KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manuela.jpg
169KB, 1080x1080px
I think there's an odd labelling thing that happens psychologically. Some people, if they think that something is defined as "horror" get more scared by it than the same things categorised as, say, "action".

I was thinking this when playing Splinter Cell ages ago. It dawned on me that if this was meant to be a horror game, sneaking around in the dark, trying to avoid enemies that can quite easily kill you, would be making me scared if it had an horror theme rather than an espionage theme. In some ways, you can play Splinter Cell in the same way you'd play Amnesia. You sneak, you hide, you avoid.

I think partly it's because dying feels more awful in a horror game. If the garage boss fight was just an enemy soldier in Halo or something, it wouldn't be that bad. If you really get into the headspace that this is a normal guy being attacked by a monster, then it changes it for me somehow. When the focus on RE4 shifts to collecting money to upgrade your guns, it all fell apart for me as a horror experience.
>>
>>166567114

honestly i cant fight hide'n'seek horror games like outlast or amneisa scary becaue the plain idea that i can either run or hide gives to tension or anything at all.
>>
>>166567282
Well maybe it's because I'm awful at stealth but it doesn't feel like much solace to me. Also, if you couldn't hide or run then the game would be designed around combat and would basically just be an FPS then.
>>
Do I ever need the car keys again after the garage fight?
>>
>>166567390

not really

would say original regames, but there most of the time you can easily just run past, because of the camera its like less personal/immersive and overall less scary RE7 and Dead Space for example gives me that tension, where i can fight back, but i still have to opportunity to hide or run.

you have these oppurtinities, but if you want to fight back you have to manage your resources, ammo, health items and other stuff.

makes the game more complex more shit for you to worry about.
>>
Some silly glitches that are taking away from my enjoyment of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZSTAxWTULw
>>
>>166567712

>not closing the door behind you

like, id have to try very hard to get catched by Jack
>>
>>166567824
It's more the point that he sucked me up with his weapon like a vacuum cleaner and got me stuck on top of the door.

Anyway, I wouldn't have through the door would've mattered much in that case since he'd only be by the door if he was going to go through anyway.

A bit later, he's really pissing me off. He keeps circing around the upstairs and the main hall with the 3 cerberus heads. He won't fuck off.
>>
>>166567282
I loved haunting ground at first, but then when it became less about getting spookt and more about "oh hey look at that, it's this dipshit again, better go hide under a desk" every 10 minutes, it got real boring and tedious
>>
>>166567114
It's largely a matter of tone, and horror also has the issue of not exactly being sustainable as you exhaust the domain of unknown factors.

Now, it can still be thrilling and get the adrenaline pumping all the same, but flying by the seat of one's pants isn't quite the same as being scared of something.

I think what's interesting is how dying plays out across genres; I feel that horror actually doesn't really do well with the idea of dying and resetting back to the last continuation point, because it breeds not only familiarity with what you've accomplished up until you died, but also frustration with the fact you have to do it all over again. It stops feeling like horror and starts to require a mindset like you'd see from a Souls game; if you disrespect the game, the game disrespects you. That's not exactly horror I feel, that's more like a duel of wits, a puzzle in three dimensions.

Thankfully I enjoy being challenged like that, but not everyone enjoys it when horror games turn into brick walls of frustration devoid of persisting terror.
>>
>>166567968
And also, usually doors seem to autoclose when you get a few feet away.
>>
>>166568064
I definitely agree with the repeated dying thing. In the older REs, I found the instant death shit, like the boulders, just ridiculous. With no tension or horror, you just suddenly die if you mess up the controls a bit. There's no build up of horror, just a quick YOU ARE DEAD. Then you repeat god knows how long since you saved.

I think with RE7 it's worse for me because you die because you failed to escape properly. If Jack bursts in and you just shoot him a few times and he's dead for good, that wouldn't be remotely scary. If you die, you reset back a bit but you're still just in the panic and confusion of being chased and not knowing where to go or what to do. If you were just meant to kill him like a regular videogame enemy, then you fuck up, but try again and kill him. It's a lot neater and quick. That said, I'm sure the novelty will still wear off sooner or later.

Maybe it's just some basic mental thing - I have had 100s of nightmares about being chased since I was a kid.
>>
File: Umbrella_Corps_cover_art.jpg (75KB, 350x493px) Image search: [Google]
Umbrella_Corps_cover_art.jpg
75KB, 350x493px
Why didn't Capcom spend more time on it?
>>
>>166568624

not sure whats point spending time with a corpse
>>
>>166568624
My theory is there was some internal debate about DO people actually want RE to be more actiony like 4-6 or do they want it to be more horror like 1-3, CV, Outbreak etc. I mean, 5 and 6 are Capcom's two best selling games ever despite them supposedly being unpopular. 4 is critically acclaimed despite definitely scrapping so much of what made RE RE.

Yet I feel they already knew deep down it was meant to be more horror, obviously. So they did a biased test with Umbrella Corps to see how well people react to a pure action RE. It's like asking your friends if they want to have pizza or burgers, but you want pizza so you say the burger place was closed down for having maggots in the meat.

>>166568727
Isn't that kind of the point of RE?
>>
>>166569121

That may very well be the case, or it was a prototype for RE7 they decided to shit out for a discount price. It's depressing as fuck because it feels like there's a real game trying to break free of all the horrible design choices, half-assed assets, and tiny rehashed maps.

It almost feels like it should be a F2P cash shop game like Warframe.
>>
I really wish there was a difficulty between madhouse and normal with the arrange changes, I shot mia in the head 20 times and I she didnt die and I knew this would be more frustration than enjoyment
>>
>>166569468
From what I've heard, it sounds horrendous. With previous REs, especially the classic ones, the hardest settings didn't seem that bad as long as you had a plan in terms of inventory contents and how to dodge each enemy. It was quite mechanical in that way. Watch a speedrun or no-hit run and people say "This zombie always lurches left", "this enemy won't jump unless you stand here" and stuff like that. Maybe RE7 will be figured out like that but right now it seems more chaotic and thus harder to succeed at purely through knowing the workings.
>>
>>166569468

same

its fucking sad that 20 years later all devs can do to increase difficulty is to make the already bulletsponge enemies even more bulletsponge

Dont get me wrong, the bulletsponginess was just about right on normal.

But on madhouse its fucking retarded, especially mutated jack boss.

Honestly i rather have VERY SCARCE AMMO with easy difficulty enemyhealth pools.
>>
So you know how Nemesis wasn't at all actually constantly pursuing you? How he'd be triggered to appear at set times (although they could be toggled on or off by certain choices earlier) and if you fuck off, he just disappears?

Well how does it work in RE7? There are definite trigger points but once that bastard is after me, he doesn't seem to ever stop. I mean, let's say I kill him, obviously he'll come back but will he not come back to the next plot point that would normally trigger him, or is it timed or what?
>>
>>166570021
even after finishing the game Im still not sure what triggers it, but honestly, its much better that way isnt it, there was always the feeling that even after I downed him I wanted to get the fuck away because I didnt whether or not staying in a room exploring for just that extra minute would be too long
>>
>>166570021

on easy/normal Jack doesnt actually roam the building. just at very specific parts which is like when you first get up from the table and i think thats it actually.

when you get the spider statue from the bath and want to leave you trigger him again

but there isnt really much

on madhouse he is constantly and actually roaming the house and you have either KO him or move around him or you can even bait him to somewhere
>>
File: That Ain't Chris.jpg (66KB, 879x502px) Image search: [Google]
That Ain't Chris.jpg
66KB, 879x502px
Is it HUNK?
>>
>>166570536

its not Chris definitely

Chris is like what, almost 50 by now?

Voice doesnt match him at also.

No identification on his gear.

Plus he only says "Redfield".

Credits may list him as Chris Redfield but thats probably because everyone assumes its him and to not spoil shit.
>>
>>166570536
HUNK's ancient now

that man is young

that's umbrella mcbadguy
>>
>playtime 2:54
>still have no keys other than car key
>no gun but pistol
>last plotpoint was cop head split
>basically just went past the hall, got eagle shape thing to open painting wall, went down corridor and got to save room.
I'm going slow as fuck, aren't I? I'd have completed RE1 an hour ago or so.
>>
>>166570756
Wouldn't he be saying "Redfield" because he's looking for Chris, Claire or an offspring? I mean, Nemesis said "STARS..." and that didn't mean he was STARS.
>>
>>166571415

He is saying "I'm Redfield".
>>
>>166571546
Oh right. I haven't got there yet. I'm >>166570903
>>
>>166570903
I think you're on pace. You might be taking it a bit slow but I'd say the shotgun isn't going to be in your hands before the first hour unless you're going full speedrun on the game. Game is very slow paced about handing you your staple RE gear after the tutorial house.
>>
>>166570903

Don't worry about it. The game's not all that long and if you feel paranoid enough to take it slow then the game is doing its job.
>>
>tfw when no Becky
>tfw even if she did appear, she'd be an old crone rather than spunky 18-year-old short-haired qt
>>
>>166570536
I like the idea that he may be a clone cause he looks like he could be a code veronica era pre steroid abusing version of chris
>>
Crackpot theory:
Beginning hour plays after Resident Evil 7
>>
why did they give the grenade launcher so late anyway
>>
>>166572749

>Jack is dead
>Fuse is put in
>Tape is put in
>doors already unlocked
>walls alreay destroyed
>the whole building destroyed

Yeah sure it plays after RE7.
>>
>>166572865
Well it really should be a late game thing. It was pretty weird how early you got it in the first game. I mean, even without speedrunning, you have it in about 30 minutes. At that point, the pistol becomes pointless and the shotgun is really undermined. It's not like ammo for it is all that scarce given you won't use it on zombies (apart from possibly in REmake with flame rounds to stop Crimson Heads if you don't really know what you're doing).
>>
>>166572041
She'd be, what, approaching her 40's if they don't retcon anything about her age, right?

I think the canon stance right now is she's a civilian doing medicine things, but fuck it I would love to see her in a hypothetical Revelations 3 where we get exposition on >>166570536.

>>166572749
Here's mine
>beginning hour protag is a parallel universe Ethan who was kidnapped while on a trip to the Bayou with his wife Mia, who never disappeared in this timeline
>the name is a reference to the first hour's worth of gameplay you go through as Ethan both in the main timeline and in the demo timeline
>>
>>166573204
feels like they didnt want to give it early so they could give us the burner, but the g launcher is such a staple weapon, I really wanted to use it at least by the marguerite fight
>>
>>166573206
Well she has a starring role in the upcoming 3rd CG movie. She's a bit older in that but not OLD.

Man, any more Revelation games or CG movies are going to clash so fucking badly with RE7. Not complaining about the game in any way other than tonally compared to previous ones.
>>
>>166573292
>>166572865

Flamethrower and Grenade Launcher seems to be pretty shit if you ask me.

Shotgun is pretty much the best gun.

Even the Albert becomes shit on Madhouse.

Dont know about the magnum on madhouse but i guess its about the same as the Albert.
>>
>>166573204
Pistol still has value in crumpling zombies in many a RE game, but the GL is historically the easymode handicap for the games it appears early on in.

Particularly in the RE1s where it pushes Jill over top of Chris in a lot of respects, especially REmake where flame rounds can incinerate zombies (though in Chris' case he still has the most inventory efficient means of using the flask and lighter, so it's not as decisive as it was back in the original).
>>
>>166573445
I thought the Albert was actually less damaging than the shotgun. So in that case, the magnum should be way better per shot, it's just limited by how few shots there are.

>>166573517
I think the Chris auto-lighter thing is just to remedy the fact he'd be super fucked with 2 less inventory slots than Jill if they didn't. With him always having a lighter, he's now only down 1 slot in those situations.

Thing with the pistol is that it's so easy to run past zombies in RE1 that its one purpose is taken away. Taking up probably two slots for no real reason isn't a good idea. In REmake it's better because it's harder to dodge zombies - i.e. you can't just run past them - but when you get used to the old "forward backwards" trick then they're still pretty easy. I guess first time through it IS a safety blanket. Still, not sure but you could probably use explosive rounds on any zombie you "need" to kill and be okay.
>>
File: Rebecca_Chambers_-_Vendetta.png (192KB, 566x354px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca_Chambers_-_Vendetta.png
192KB, 566x354px
>>166573348
Still looks nice but I don't know what it is with them giving the classic females this beak nose like they also did with Claire in REV2.
>>
>>166572708

That does sound like something Umbrella would do. After all they'd want to know what it is about Chris that makes him so goddamn hard to kill. They might as well reclassify Chris as a BOW. Maybe all those times he got bit by T-Virus zombies did something to his genetics.
>>
This game is going to do so badly in Japan. It makes me sad how Japanese gaming is in a tailspin now: less sigificant so games are retooled to appeal to Americans, that puts of Japs so gaming gets less significat in Japan, etc etc.

Not saying this game is bad, I like it so far, but just sad about that.
>>
>>166574209

nobody cares about japan sales
>>
>>166573859
The thing with the lighter though is that literally he does have the statistical upper hand, and in casual play that shit pays off hard.

1/6 his inventory for the ability to incinerate a zombie is better than the 2/8 Jill needs without using a GL loaded with flame rounds.

It's a bit bizarre, REmake balances itself out such that the characters don't define difficulty as much as they do style of play. Chris can be more frustrating due to the smaller inventory for sure, but he's balanced to be more forgiving of repeated backtracks, whereas Jill still has the issue of risk and reward due to big pockets and low health.

Though, Jill does still get to cheat her way into both shotguns faster than Chris, which still makes her out to be more friendly to beginner players.

>>166574061
Thing is that Umbrella is dead. It's been dead. Like, as a legal entity it's been dismantled in the aftermath of the Raccoon City incident, and 6's Neo Umbrella was more a psychotic terrorist group. Whatever Umbrella is now could be anything, hell it could even just be an ironic appropriation of a former foe.

I figured the name could convey an umbrella organization (GET IT? UMBRELLA?) uniting many counter-bioterror organizations like the BSAA and stuff.
>>
>>166574317
I don't care about the sale per se, I care about all these great Japanese series basically becoming heavily Americanised. The plot of this game was written by an American.

Look at DmC as well. Is FFXVI going to basically be Just Cause? Is a new Mega Man going to come out that's basically Gears of War?
>>
>>166574476

thats only good because the gameplay will be less shit and tedious because apart from CAPCOM japan devs are stuck in 1990
>>
>>166573206
rebecca is an advisor to the BSAA now
the last thing she's done is infiltrate an australian university because the BSAA was suspicious of it being some sort of umbrella lab in disguise

before that she was involved in some outbreak in some city in like 2005

all of this is from the shitty stage play, mind you
>>
>>166574446
There could also be something that Umbrella is far more ingrained and sinister than just being a company floated on the stock market. It would involve a retcon, sure, but in earlier RE, Umbrella almost has an illuminati type feel to them. As it went on, I think it was really by RE4, they were just a regular company that could be closed down like any other. Made them seem less mystical and threatening.

>>166574578
You mean like DmC compared to previous games? FFXV is barely even an RPG anymore. You occasionally pick a semi-pointless perk but generally it's a clunky-feeling action game. We'll see how it goes. Well, fortunately I'll be fluent in moon in a few years so I can just get in my little bubble and play weeb games to myself.
>>
>>166574828
>FFXV is barely even an RPG anymore.

and before it was a visual novel with occasional turnbased combat
>>
>>166574476
RE has always been heavily influenced by American horror. The core DNA is in Sweet Home, sure, but the franchise is easily summed up as "American games made by Japanese devs."

About the only thing you should worry about is if Capcom outsources a mainline RE to a western dev, unless it's Creative Assembly (because, y'know, Alien Isolation).
>>
>>166574446
>>166574828
something I believe that was mentioned in the SD perry novels was that there was essentially two umbrellas

red umbrella that actually functioned as a legitimate company and white umbrella that functioned as the BOW manufacturer that we all know and love

but then again that's from the books so who cares
>>
>>166574446
What gets me with Chris is that he has a small inventory AND he has to pick up small keys. It's even worse in RE1 because they don't stack like REmake. Him being a bit tougher isn't all that handy since herbs seem pretty plentiful and dodging is either easy (RE1) or easy-ish with practice (REmake).

Best thing about Chris' game is Becky, to be honest.
>>
>>166574939
Jesus, man. Compare the skill system in FFVIII to in FFXV where you just hold down Circle and sometimes pick a perk of a Skyrim skilltree that makes you use less MP to dodge or whatever.

FFXII had your party on AI mode just like FFXV but then you had the whole gambit system. Magic is pointless in XV. It's just a game of pressing and holding Circle, occasionally Square, and I'm not even being facetious. That would be forgivable more if you were actually customising your guys in any meaningful way (you know, like an RPG?)
>>
>>166575270

Or you know, if there would be a branching storyline with decisions and changes. You know, like an actual RPG?
>>
>>166575086
He does have that sickass stun grenade defense weapon for free head pops, though.

If you were to ask me which one was more viable for going fast I'd stick to Jill, but with Chris for every one detail that makes him out to be more of a challenge you get these neat safety nets that make him in ways more forgiving than Jill.

Hence the notion that by REmake the two became differentiated not by a sense of difficulty, but by playstyle. They're easy in some respects, difficult in others.
>>
>>166574957
Yeah, but through the lens of Japanese people. I thought about this not long ago: we think of RE being very typical in many ways, but can you think of any American horror movie in which a group of special forces people get stuck in a gothic mansion filled with BOWs? I mean, there are your "Of the Dead" movies, zombies are somewhat common, but the general plot and tone was very Japanese. The setting would normally be used for a ghost story. Having everyone basically be SWAT is pretty unusual, too, though that's probably been done. In Dawn of the Dead one of them was SWAT IIRC.

To put it another way, watch the 3DCG movies and see how they compare to any other horror film. There's nothing really like them. But RE7 is basically the opening from Silent Hill 2 ripped off, then Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Seems odd because the casuals they're after with this soft-reboot don't care about story much anyway.
>>
so has anyone here actually mastered the dodge function in RE3?

I could never actually get it down properly and the first nemesis fight is hell because of it

I just want that STI as soon as possible
>>
>>166575362
That's up for debate. JRPGs have rarely done that. The thing that's definitely true in RPGs is the skill system and strategy side. RPGs basically evolved from tabletop wargames IIRC. As much as DnD is famous for allowing totally open-ended play, it's also famous for having huge, number-filled rulebooks with about 5000 skills and spells and countless ways to customise stuff.

I mean, really, there aren't THAT many big choices in games like BG1 and BG2. In Torment it basically comes down to how you end it. Where are the plot choices in Might and Magic? They're not as common as people make out - you mainly just get "be nice, be not nice" Bioware-style.
>>
>you cant save the short haired southern waifu

what the fuck
>>
>>166575608
It's weird for me. When I played RE3 originally I got to the point where I found it easy and could always beat Nemesis. I played it again when it came out on Gamecube and found it far harder than I remembered. I never really got on top of it. Haven't played it for years so who knows how I'd find it now.
>>
>>166575856

If there isnt branching story or actions that effect the story i dont see how its just not a game with character develpment.

Original tabletop IS about your choices and decisions that changes the story.

There are rules and skills so your actions have weight and you cant just barge in and do whatever you want.
>>
>>166575574
>but can you think of any American horror movie in which a group of special forces people get stuck in a gothic mansion filled with BOWs

Swap gothic mansion with LV426 and you kinda get Aliens.

Just saying.

I do like that about the franchise, that it essentially works as a love letter to all kinds of horror fiction. The resulting product tends to be a rather distinct fusion of parts, even as you can recognize the ingredients that went into each game.

To me what truly unites these games together and makes it uniquely Capcom's product of Japanese game design is the mechanical quirks of each game. There's usually a good amount of systems-level crunch, even RE6 ends up being more nuanced than your average third person shooter. To me the thought of switching devs and having someone else make a game runs the risk of neglecting that particular element of the RE experience.

Not to imply an outside dev can't do it, Alien Isolation is very system-driven in its gameplay, to a point I tend to think of it as a spiritual Resident Evil using the Alien IP, which is why I would totally throw support at CA being given the opportunity to make a RE, but even at Capcom's lowest they stuck to a pattern of "systems are a game's bread and butter" with this franchise, and that is something that I feel defines the spirit of the games more than how Americanized the writing may be.

You're a survivor, here are your tools, now go and survive. As long as they don't fuck that up, they could flavor it any which way they want, and there's a lot of flavors of horror with which to draw upon.
>>
>>166575574
it was really a matter of time

there's plenty of american movies where grizzled manly men go into a place full of monsters and end up almost all dying

just, at the time, zombies weren't exactly THAT huge

then resident evil pretty much made zombies the big new thing
>>
>>166574446

>Thing is that Umbrella is dead. It's been dead.

Yeah, and other Pharmaceutical Corporations like Tricell stepped in to stake their claim to what was left of Umbrella. I wouldn't be surprised if "Redfield" grew up the same way Sherry Birkin grew up: In a lab.
>>
>Implying Umbrella isn't using household names bioterrorism victims would know to lull them into a false sense of security and kidnap them for debriefing/further experimentation

At least that's the vibe I got from it. I'm pretty sure that isn't Chris, even if the model contract expired. Doubtless that Umbrella caught wind of Rival Corporation XYZ losing their latest BOW product and tailed Ethan to track the place down.
>>
>>166442390
what does this new game actually have to do with resident evil? im not a fan of the series but from what i know RE is about some sort of zombie virus and the evil umbrella corporation. this game seems more like an occult horror thing from what i have seen
>>
I'm like 1 and a half hours in and I really need to stop now.
This game is scaring the shit out of me and I won't be able to sleep if I continue.

So pretty damn good/10. The first person view I think is what does it. I don't think I would be this scared if it was third person.
>>
>>166579185
Well let's just say the subtitle is "Biohazard" and you can see it's not occult. It's in line with previous REs in terms of the explanations but it's got a very different tone. More serious and more like Texas Chainsaw Massacre than the mishmash of Romero and Hammer Horror that original RE was.

If normal RE is A New Hope, this is more like Rogue One, only with the tonal difference being even greater.
>>
File: 01.jpg (67KB, 545x780px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
67KB, 545x780px
Just for the record, regarding the firstperson view, this is a translated interview with Shinji Mikami from 1997.

Full thing is here: http://www.crimson-head.com/WEBPROTECT-mikamiinterview.htm
>>
File: 02.jpg (90KB, 545x772px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
90KB, 545x772px
>>166581370
Same here. I don't think it's going to scare me in a lingering way - it takes more occult, creepy stuff to do that, like The Ring and The Grudge - but while I'm playing it, I'm very tense. I'm actually forcing myself forwards a room at a time. I pause it and just do something else for a bit sometimes.

>>166582031
Ctd.
>>
Back from the dead.
>>
Do those bug nests actually remain destroyed when you flame them or do they just continue shitting out bugs a few seconds later?
>>
>>166584563
torch it until it pops, after that it wont come back
>>
>>166572749
There's tons of stuff referring to the film crew going missing in the main game. You can even find their van and filming equipment.
>>
File: 1419033746046.png (7KB, 312x393px) Image search: [Google]
1419033746046.png
7KB, 312x393px
>>166570536
I'm guessing it's Chris's son. I mean think about it
>He looks slightly different from Chris
>He looks to be around 20-30
>Never says his first name
>>
>>166585610
Yeah but that also happens before Beginning Hour as well. It doesn't say how long before.

Not that I have that theory myself, just saying.
>>
>>166585774
Hopefully that's a sign that the series isn't going to ignore everything that came before. On one hand, always revisiting Chris, Jill, Clair and Leon is a bit silly - you'd think other people would become important - but ultimately they would remain major players in all this one way or another.
>>
Does anybody have a video or link to one of dying by being killed by a zombie in resident evil 7? I've been looking for a while now but only found generic death scenes, its as if no one was bad enough at the game to die via zombie.
>>
>>166586846
It's hard to die to a zombie in 7 considering there aren't any.

Just moldbois here.
>>
>>166582213
>>166582031
that's pretty neat

I really like learning more and more about RE development, it's fun
>>
>>166588685
Yeah, there's such a lot to the development of the game. Not least of which the multiple, quite different versions of RE4. The fact that one version of RE4 went onto be DMC1. The fact that Onimusha also spawned from RE. RE3 was originally going to be a sidestory, not a numerical entry, and what ended up eventually becoming RE4 would've originally been RE3 in its place IIRC. Not 100% on that last one.

Some odd things that changed over time stand out to me. Like Mikami didn't like Rebecca Chambers because he thought she was too cute and girly, he wanted females like Ripley from Alien. He was basically argued into including her. Yet by RE4 he created Ashley, the most useless, girly piece of shit in the whole series apart from Alfred.
>>
>>166589385
one of the things I liked is that there was an RE3 definitely planned because there was a biohazard 4 poster in front of a theater in 3

it's a pretty neat little reference to something that wasn't real yet

haunting ground was one of the games made from RE4 leftovers, too, iirc

I really would like them to release playable variants of all the dropped versions, ie the N64 RE0, RE1.5, the playable versions of RE3.5

I'd even like them to rereleased dino crisis 3 without the fixed camera angles like it originally had, because DC3 suffered a lot from that fixed camera angle
>>
File: redemo.jpg (25KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
redemo.jpg
25KB, 1000x563px
For some reason the creepiest thing in the whole game wasn't any of the mold mutants, screamers, baker family or Eveline.
The creepiest thing was the photograph of Umbrella's chopper signed with "Are they watching us from that helicopter?"
I don't know why, the combination of the photo, slightly visible umbrella's logo (knowing the shit they do) and the implication, phrasing of the whole thing just kind of sounds spooky.
Am i the only one?
>>
Anyone playing Resident Evil 7 on PC and getting massive stutter? The game runs perfectly fine, but during the 'cutscenes', when Daddy attacks or when switching rooms the game sometimes freezes for several seconds. Playing in borderless window mode helped at the very beginning, but as soon as I arrived in the main house it started again. I tried deactivating dynamic shadows and ambient occlusion as some people on the internet suggested, but that didn't help.

It basically makes the game unplayable, because the game locks up constantly for a few seconds when I'm being chased by enemies.
>>
>>166593957
No, but that kind of shit is why I prefer to play on PS4 unless the game has a shit, inconsistent framerate (e.g. TW3).

Do you have it on an SSD? Any background apps that you don't need?
>>
>>166594342
I don't have it on an SSD, but I doubt it's that because my HDD is barely doing any work when the stuttering occurs. I also thought that would explain it, but some area switches are no problem at all, and stuttering also occurs when I'm stationary and not doing anything or stay in the same area and deal with an enemy.
>>
>>166593957
Turn all the (variable) settings to on or off. I was having the same problem and that fixed it.
>>
>>166594757
Thanks, I'll try that. I also managed to fix it at least somewhat by turning shadow quality down to medium and disabling shadow cache. It still stutters occasionally, but only for a second or less and not nearly as often.
>>
VR mode is probably the scariest Resident Evil has ever been. I'm finding it difficult to push forward because the house and enemies all feel so real.
>>
>>166596957
I'm having that experience anyway. I think playing in VR would actually kill me.
>>
File: 1423518305713.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1423518305713.png
2KB, 142x138px
Beat the game on normal. Is Madhouse any good? I got up to the part with Jack chasing you around and he keeps fucking me up. He's like 3 times faster. How do you deal with him?
>>
>>166597054
I know what you mean. I'm playing the game with headphones and the sound design is what really kills me. Especially after entering a new area, I'm always unsure whether what I'm hearing is just ambient sounds or actual enemies moving around. I often stop dead in my tracks just to listen and to make sure that the footsteps I'm hearing are really my own.
>>
Anyone else feel like the demo was better than the actual game? I would've rather played as Clancy.

Not to mention, the game seemed so much better when playing the demo and seeing the ghost, made it feel haunted as opposed to just uroboros.
>>
>>166593957
try turning down pre rendered frames in GPU settings
>>
>>166516713

If you shoot her when she's on walls she becomes vulnerable. her weak spot is her womb. Also block a lot. She tends to pop out of windows and cracks in the wall and it'll stop her from grappling you.
>>
>>166598058
Anyone?
>>
>>166598893
It's the other way around for me, I actually disliked the demo and reconsidered even buying the game. It gave me the impression that RE7 was more about sneaking around like in Alien: Isolation, with little to no means to defend yourself, and even when I found the handgun in the demo, it seemed somewhat tacked on to me since there were no actual enemies to kill (or at least I didn't find any).

I'm glad that this game is very much Resident Evil, though, with all the things that made the original trilogy so great. Considering which items to take with you because you dread backtracking through that one area, always fearing to run out of ammo, and they even got the doors right, so that you feel a bit tense every time you open a new one.
>>
>>166599854
Maybe my love for P.T. clouded my judgement. I guess it wouldn't be very Resident Evil is there was no zombies/virus.
>>
>>166599854
>(or at least I didn't find any).
I agree with everything you say, but I just wanted to point out that there is a single enemy in the demo. You're meant to go down into the basement and a mold thing attacks you while dad locks you in with it. At this point there are two endings: one if you win unscathed and one if you win but take at least one hit.
>>
>>166599804

Haven't gone for it myself yet, but apparently it is pretty bullshit difficult.
>>
>>166599804
Madhouse sounds like a fucking nightmare. OHKOs, really fast enemies, enemies constantly stalking you all the damn time, not just at certain parts, enemies take about 50 fucking shots to knock down...
>>
>>166599854

>even when I found the handgun in the demo, it seemed somewhat tacked on to me since there were no actual enemies to kill

That's because it was tacked on. Quite literally tacked on in an update to the demo in early December.
>>
for anyone asking about Madhouse

its different a nice change

BUT THE FUCKING BULLETSPONGES FUCK CAPCOM

have very scarce ammo and non-bulletsponge enemies is the better solution you chinese bastards
>>
>>166600376
They also get back in up the second you leave the room so killing them is pointless.
To do Madhouse you fucking need the running shoes to outpace the Bakers and you need the Albert-R just to put them down in 3 hits since its the best handgun.
>>
Weapons in the game:

Switch knife

Survival knife

Glock handgun

M19 handgun

MPM handgun

Magnum

Shotgun

Double barreled shotgun

Grenade launcher

Flamethrower

Submachine gun

Remote bombs

Saw and Wesker gun as unlockables.
>>
Can anyone confirm how you get the X-Ray glasses? I've seen conflicting reports that it's a 4 hours or less speedurn or under 3 healing items.
>>
>>166607396
Its one or the other.
Though I think its 3 healing items or less that causes it to unlock.
Just play on easy and outrun Jack at the start or you are forced to use a super heal on getting back your leg.
>>
I just beat marg, i don't want an exact location but how far from the repair kit for the m19 am I?
>>
>>166609326

26 meters, 126 centimeters and 2 milimeters away
>>
>>166609401
thanks bruva, you the real MVP
>>
>>166609326
You already passed it, but it's fine because you can still get it. You're about to get another opportunity, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>166448967
To unlock the locked drawer in the Guest House , watch the Sewer Gators' VHS tape from the attic. When you start, look at the ground and take two steps back; the lockpick will be there. Unlock the drawer and when the tape ends, it'll be unlocked for Ethan, with your first Antique Coin.

This only works in the prologue! When you come back to the Guest House in the epilogue, the TV's gone and your copy of the VHS is gone too.

Meant I had to start an NG+ to get the achievement...
>>
So I've only played RE4 and now 7, and I want to try the first game. Is REmake good for someone who hasn't played RE1 before or should I stick to the original?
>>
>>166513698
Actually, the Molded are animate fungus-creatures, "drones" being made to serve the "Hive Queen" as defenders. You find this out in the last two files you collect, at the end of the game.
>>
>>166611528
They're made of repurposed people-matter though, aren't they?
I recall the same files talking about cell-by-cell assimilation, and that when the majority of the host's cells are infected they undergo extreme mutation.
>>
>>166611684
I don't think so. Remember, the file talks about the Product producing fungal filament extensions of its mutamycete, the fungus lacing its body, so I presumed the Molded are literally extensions of the Product that it can form wherever there's any sufficiently large patch of Mold.
>>
File: 1485399717354_281.jpg (256KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1485399717354_281.jpg
256KB, 1080x1920px
>>166611451
If you only played 4 from the original saga so yo disk then yeah sick with remake. Imo re1 has not aged well graphically inb4 graphics aren't everything. It can be quite jarring to adjust to. If you look at re2 (my personal fav. Just finished all scenarios in over 10 years still love it) or re3 even, the difference is very obvious. Also re1 had bare bones mechanics. .. classic some may call it. Re2 perfected those mechanics and re3 added new ones like hitting action while an enemy attacks dodges and hitting run and back does a quick 180. Its needed Thanks to the additional... hazard... in the game but its... you know what.

Tldr Play remake, then re2 and re3 if you feel up for more or less the same re2 (imho re3 is like a reaaaally big expansion pack/dlc for re2 but still great)
>>
So, with RE7 now out (and awesome!), who's hoping that RE2Make won't be far behind?

In fact, what are you hoping to get in the RE2Make? The REMake gave us a lot of nifty tweaks, like Lisa Trevor and Crimson Heads - any possibility we may get more of the same from the REMake of RE2?
>>
>minutes shy of 3 hours

>already at the alleged halfway point

I mean I did spoil myself in some places but damn I'm hauling seven kinds of ass.

Fucking bugs though, do not want.
>>
>>166612604
Fuck the larger flying bugs that stagger you if you don't deal with them and are impossible to hit with your knife the 90% of the time when they aren't hovering.
That said I finished the game with 500+ spare burner ammo so maybe I was just too stingy.

enjoy your bug-based boss fight, buddy
>>
>>166612506
I dunno man

RE3 is like, the best parts of 2 but in a shorter format
>>
>>166614537
Already past that one.

It was fucking hilarious
>burn shit
>BURN SHIT
>LET IT ALL BU- oh fuck I'm on red health
>JUST LET ME SPLASH MY ARM FO- oh shit I have no health
>RUMMAGE RUMMAGE RUMMAGE RUMMAGE make a max heal and mash RB
>proceed to burn and shotgun more shit

I thought "shoot her in the pussy" was just some joke, but fuck man this was a bit ridiculous. Those massive ass flies that perfect dodge your knife all the time were more startling, they're like the dogs of this game. Now I've got surplus burner fuel too, maybe I should roast some molders?
>>
File: 20170126_144639.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170126_144639.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>166614586
It revisits old locations like its any other games dlc would. Dishonored did it and that was still good. Not being a dick but the RPD bits were "ooh remember this part and ooh member the lickers ooh I member!" But it fits into the current story of jill (current for re3 y'know what I mean) but yeah. I get publishers think if people liked re2 give them moar if they liked the underground facilities give them moar. If they liked re4 give them mOMG NO PLEASE NO RE5/6 PLEASE NO.

I know is /vg/ but it's related. The movie franchise had a holding pattern like the games at some point.

They'd spend $x and get $xy in profit. They were successful so they make more muffling cries of "BUT ITS RUINING THE CANNON" with money with Resident evil movie 1 (REM1) it took place in The Hive Umbrella lab under the mansion in re1.

In rem2 it was raccoon city but had lab scenes where they reused shots and set pieces of the hive, re3 they were far from raccoon city... but for "clone testing" and other contrived plot reasons they had a REPLICATED HIVE AND SURROUNDING MANSION from re1/rem1. It saved then time and money to repeat the same events or sceneries and since re2 and re3 were made in the same engine they didn't even change the artwork or camera locations for a lot of the old revisited locations to "add something new" it smelt like copy paste with some fat trimmed and zombies sprinkled on top of old areas like pitting salt on a week old steak to "make it fresh again". I'm holding onto hope for re7 to be a "different" that capcom needs for the RE universe but I'm no fool so I'm not holding my breath.

Also the fact that for the movies "FINAL CHAPTER" they are "back where it ago started even though they never really left... I don't have high hopes for it to not reflect on the games as well. (The spoiler image of redfield makes me see that this reflection in the lake water of RE seems to have an old corpse of the RE we knew sitting at the bottom to jump out at us later.
>>
>>166617808
I dunno man, you were in the RPD for about 3-6 minutes, and there's not really any lickers in there either, and that was the only place from RE2 you visited

I mostly prefer 3 because the best parts of 3 were a neat, reoccurring enemy, and the streets of Raccoon

in 2, it teases you with what is basically a tutorial level and then the rest of the game is indoors

in 3, the tutorial is an alleyway and the rest of the game is in the streets and alleys of the weirdly and inexplicably japanese city

and re7 honestly would've been a better side game because I, for one, firmly believe that they should keep the weird new things as side games to test the water and, if well received, add it to a numbered title
>>
File: fugg.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>finish game on normal
>start 'madhouse'
>get to Mia fight
>takes around 20 bullets to the dome before she goes down
>on my last bullet
This isn't going to go well is it?
>>
Wait so I can just buy keys in madhouse mode?
>>
this game is pretty spooky desu, how do i man up
>>
Holy shit madhouse mode is i n c r e d i b l e, at least the main house section.
Jack goes from amnesia-tier scripting to ayy-lmao-isolation-24/7-stalker tier.
Dude's bursting through walls and chasing me down rather than waiting ever so kindly for me to pick up items before he pops out and then promptly fucks off.
>>
>>166622567
wait, do I actually NEED to buy keys now?
>>
Just finished the game. Let's talk about the story. So if I'm getting this right; Eveline was aboard the ship with Mia, and Alan when she went berzerk and started spreading her shit. Baker family picks her up and turns them into THE FAMILY SON. She aged quickly and became the old lady.
>>
>>166628689

Yes. While we're talking story, exactly how long was Mia held hostage?
>>
>>166628893
Ethan says she's been missing for three years.
So ostensibly three years.
>>
How far is the jack cage fight after the third dog head thing into the game?
>>
File: windowsdvrquality.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
windowsdvrquality.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>>166635564
It is the third dog head thing
>>
>>166636363
yeah that, how far is that into the game
>>
>>166636683
Ah, I misinterpreted you. About 1/4 of the way through, maybe a little less.
>>
File: dickhead.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dickhead.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
These guys are the worst.
>>
Can you survive "Happy Birthday" as Clancy?
>>
anyone got that ghost girl pic from the RE7 demo?
>>
>>166639091
Don't think so. If you try to use the five-letter code lock without getting the code it won't let you.
>>
Just unlocked the three headed dog door and moving onto the next area, but I feel really paranoid that I missed something in the Mia VHS tape.

Is there something you can do in that tape to influence present events or unlock something like the first video? Or is it literally just avoiding Margeueauoeite
>>
>>166611451
If I were you, I'd at least try RE1. You can complete it in about 2-3 hours. It's actually a very simple game by modern standards. If you start with REmake, it'll be harder to go back to RE1, RE2 and RE3 (and even CV).
>>
>>166639936
I think it's just meant to be a bit of extra story as well as a hint for the eagle podium thing. It also has an achievement attached to it.
>>
Anyone got the soundtrack for RE7?
>>
File: Savannah Daniels2.jpg (151KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Savannah Daniels2.jpg
151KB, 1280x960px
>>166442390
So this is real life Mia?
>>
File: facebook-sav.daniels.jpg (82KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-sav.daniels.jpg
82KB, 685x960px
>>166442390
>>166644367
>>
>>166637767
they are ridiculous on madhouse, but at least they die quickly, not like some those moldy fuckers taking bullet after bullet in the head and never fucking dying for no reason
>>
>>166641304
In addition, starting with REmake means missing out on some really well placed scares that prey on familiarity with the original.

Personally I'd recommend playing the DS port of RE1 since it streamlines a few things (knife doesn't take up item space and is always available via the L button, you can tactical reload instead of having to combine ammo with gun in the inventory, you can skip through the room transition animations, map is always on top screen and your health is conveyed by having the background behind the map screen flash colors as you go from yellow health to red...), though it ain't much a looker in the visuals department.
>>
File: DINER CRISES.jpg (167KB, 713x700px) Image search: [Google]
DINER CRISES.jpg
167KB, 713x700px
with that one simmons fight in RE6, it's a real shame that there's no new dino crisis....
>>
So I preordered this game for ps4 but didn't get anything to unlock madhouse mode was there supposed to be a code in the box or something?
>>
madhouse difficulty rebalancing mod when
>>
Crack when?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapp_Dn1OnE

THE DEATH CANNOT DIE.
>>
Maybe I'm just jaded, but has anyone else not found this game to be scary at all? All of the jump scares have been really obvious, and those mold men are easy as fuck to kill.
All and all I like the game, but I wish I was spooked.
>>
>>166658584
you've just got a higher tolerance for spooks, anon

me, personally, I don't get scared by games at all because I actively look for spooks

spooks fuel me
>>
>>166658584
Sorta, if you count being startled as totally different from being scared.

Somehow I keep getting got by things breaking through windows.
>>
Anyone else struggling to not be really disappointment in the game? There are just so many fucking issues with it.

>Intro sequence is basically a 20 minute long unskippable cutscene
>Scripted sequences out the ass that make replaying the game a chore
>enemy variety is dogshit and on top of the the enemies that are there are really unimpressive from both a visual standpoint and are also boring mechanics-wise
>Jack is only in the game for like an hour and a half and that section of the game is by far the best part of the game, the rest of the game just isn't that good.
>The mansion section of the game is fucking tiny and is overall just pathetic compared to the Spencer mansion
>sections of the game barely have any enemies in them and genuinely feel like you're playing a walking simulator
>extra game modes obviously cut from the main game because of muh season pass
>last boss is just terrible

Also, if I were to rate the sections of the game, it would go like this:

>intro sequence
20 minutes of scripted sequences/10

>Jack Baker section
9/10

>Bug lady
7/10

>Lucas
3/10

>ship
5/10

>mines
5/10

The first half is almost great and the second half is just bad. Its like yeah we got a game more in the style of classic RE but its just not a good RE game. Someone prove me wrong or something I really want to like this game my dudes.
>>
Query; does the "Ghost Woman" only show up in the Demo's version of the Sewer Gators VHS, or has someone seen her in the version you play in the game proper?
>>
>>166660616
*dissapointed

God I'm retarded.
>>
so what is the magnum in re7, anyway?

is it a revolver or something?
>>
So am I getting it right that Ethan is infected almost from the get-go?
I mean hand, leg and Eve hallucinations.
>>
>>166660941
Haven't seen her around. Was suprised they removed manequns as well. Guess they wanted to tone done suppernatural part a bit.
>>
File: 1484562844384.png (88KB, 278x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484562844384.png
88KB, 278x240px
>>166449090
>that brightness

why
>>
>How did Jack Baker communicate with Ethan when he was fuckin DEAD?
>Who was Oliver that was mentioned in Lucas' notes?
>I assume its Umbrella behind Eveline? Why did they wait 3 FUCKING YEARS to try and finally contain their BOW?
>How did Lucas maintain control over his own mind?
>Lore behind the specimen's head and arm? What were those from? I assume the prototypes before Eveline?
>What the fuck is up with Marg's Bugs?
>What the fuck is up with the healing juice
>Why was Eveline controlling Mia to try and kill Ethan when she brought him there to be part of the family
>How and why the fuck does Mia get to the boat when you save Zoe
>Where is Zoe after you kill Eveline and save Mia?
>Where is Lucas?
>>
Bump before this general gets iced
>>
>>166668192
>>How did Jack Baker communicate with Ethan when he was fuckin DEAD?
Ethan was already infected and shared a mental link. Ethan got his hand stitched on.
>>Who was Oliver that was mentioned in Lucas' notes?
Dont remember that. Maybe his contact at Umbrella?
>>I assume its Umbrella behind Eveline? Why did they wait 3 FUCKING YEARS to try and finally contain their BOW?
It was their test field.
>>How did Lucas maintain control over his own mind?
Early on the controll wasnt well established, maybe through his doctor appointment umbrella gave him serum to have someone inside the mold
>>Lore behind the specimen's head and arm? What were those from? I assume the prototypes before Eveline?
Must be captured speciements or through Lucas. Like he did with the cops head.
>>What the fuck is up with Marg's Bugs?
I think thats because Marg was a good gardener?
>>What the fuck is up with the healing juice
Its concentrated Mold from Eveline. It looked cool in other games so they took it
>>Why was Eveline controlling Mia to try and kill Ethan when she brought him there to be part of the family
Because he rejected Evelyn/Mia to be the dad
>>How and why the fuck does Mia get to the boat when you save Zoe
Evelyne controlled her
>>Where is Zoe after you kill Eveline and save Mia?
Either in a testtube at Umbrella or running around. But my bet is, if the Mold died with Evelyn, she might die too, since the Mold stil might be too interwoven with her body
>>Where is Lucas?
He gets recruited by Umbrella and stars in the Prototype series.
Guess he will be the enemy in RE8. But like Zoe, i guess.
>>
>>166666175
Sure he is.
Mia attacked him and Fungus can infect quicker trough wounds.
>>
>>166671059
Mostly makes sense, Oliver was mentioned in Lucas' notes in his bedroom. I believe he said he locked him in the attic, so I fully expected to see an enemy up there but I didn't.

Umbrella using the house as a test field and using Lucas as a contact definitely makes sense. I don't think thats what they initially intended though? They just kind of capitalized on a good situation.

Chris at the end surely means this is a reboot right? There's no fucking way he'd be working for Umbrella. Also, he's not a roid using hulk.
>>
>>166671835
Well, consider the lore for the Umbrella Corps game:

>The single-player portion, "The Experiment," takes place in 2012 and 2013. It follows an Umbrella Corps agent, a paramilitary unit that hunts for lost bioterrorism research, code named 3A-7. He is sent on missions by superiors in order to test out new equipment such as the Zombie Jammer. Once the testing is successful, his superiors try to kill him by sending him on more dangerous missions. The Experiment ends with 3A-7 overcoming all odds and surviving all of the missions, scaring his superiors. It is implied that 3A-7 either is the agent HUNK or is as dangerous and possesses the same level of skill. It is also strongly hinted at via voice clips that randomly play at the outcome of multiplayer matches, as well as hints from The Experiment that Albert Wesker may still be alive.

>The multiplayer portion takes place in 2015, two years after the events of Resident Evil 6 and 12 years after the collapse of the Umbrella Corporation in 2003.[1] Although the Umbrella Corporation has been disbanded, a great deal of valuable viral BOW research information leftover from their past evil endeavours is still waiting to be discovered. Settings that resemble locations that have been destroyed such as the Spencer Mansion and Raccoon City are explained as being recreations for training purposes.

>Several corporations feverishly desire possession of Umbrella's assorted remnants and secrets - most especially those involving their bio-weapons technologies, a search that inevitably brings them into direct conflict with other corporations which are also seeking the same things. As a result, these global corporations send mercenaries into several zombie infested sites to search for Umbrella's lost secrets.[2]
>>
File: 1481453898108.jpg (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481453898108.jpg
120KB, 600x600px
Guys

I'm one of those people who has a Phenom II CPU.
And apparantly it's a common issue at the beginning of the game to crash after you submerge from the water after entering the basement for the first time in the house.

Does anyone have a save file right after that I could use? Sucks that I'd have to buy a new CPU and motherboard just to bypass that single part.
>>
>>166660616
Disappointed?
Not really. Its a good and solid game.
But sure it has some downs.

And you can see that it was very much optimised as a VR game. And it was planned more for VR shock feel. That the reason why you have many cinematic sequenzes, can grab and turn objects to solve puzzles, play with narrow visuals like squeezing through walls, crouch and the sneaking around.

It felt more like a telltale story. You can devide it in 1/3 very good, 2/3 meh and 3/3 ok. The end boss fight felt bland. There were several things that felt like being taken from other games or movies. Enemies AI felt very dumb/bad programmed but left enough room with it to solve the game. Game felt really linear than other Resident Evils. Scripted events felt very obvious. Hand to hand combat was not easy. Enemies, especially endboss didnt show enough "hit" feels to indicate their health.

But it was a good homage at all resident evil games before. Jack was best. Jacks fight were really cool. The video parts were really inovative. Puzzles were good. The atmosphere was good. The game didnt convoluted into shooting at hordes of enemy. Several good shocking events. Good Lore. Good storytelling. Using some inspiration from other horror films, like taking the good parts from them. Sound was really creepy good.

It was good Ressident Evil and solid game. Lack the replayability but was worth the game.
>>
>>166673412
>Puzzles were good.

What the fuck? They were fucking horrible and there were hardly any of them.
>>
>>166671835
Oh that. I thought that too. My guess they had to ex that from the game since making a good arena and to plot that out wasnt finished/in timeplan.
But after just getting the card, i wasnt sure if it was some stuff he did as a teen, so he killed someone and covered it up. To show that he always was a sadist.
Or i speculated that he was some victim that nearly escaped and died up there. In some note it was that Lucas let someone escape, so Lucas just covered it up.
Maybe it was just some of the first victims when the family wasnt open infected.
But yes, i remember in the note there was "and something wierd started to drop down from up there". I was kinda puzzled that it looked very clean up there.
>>
>>166671835
It felt very RE1 like, so i guess its kind of a soft reboot, like Force Awakens.
And it is a new virus.
But i dont know if the Plague from 4 and 5 wasnt some t-virus stuff or not.
>>
Ok so I bought it rn, what am I in for?
>>
now that i think about it, there's no way thats actually chris as theres an article in the game mentioning the raccoon city tragedy. unless this game takes place in some alternate timeline
>>
>>166674849
An 8 hour game that's only good for about an hour and a half of it.
>>
>>166673698
There were several. Ok you might call it more object hunting, but having the eagle and thinking what to do with it was funny. The notes giving you informations and the objects.
You are right there were not so many, but they were good. At least for me.
>>
>>166675279
If you play it normal, you can sink 12 hours into it, even without hunting all collectibles.

>>166674849
A good solid game. But dont expect a mind blown game, but a very good horror game that feel very Resident Evil 1 like.
>>
>>166674550
Las Plagas were a macroparasite unearthed in Europe, so, no, they weren't connected to the Progenitor Virus and its derivatives that appeared in the classic quartet, the Gun Survivor games, or the Revelations duology. I'm not sure if the C-Virus connects to the T-Virus or not.

And, actually, it's an infectious fungus, not a virus, although they insist on using the term "bacterium" at one point in their R&D file, so I figure Capcom got the two confused.
>>
>>166673698
I'll challenge that sentiment:

1) the game itself prominently shifts back to the adventure game style of GET THE THING AND USE IT, which arguably classes the whole game as a puzzle, and that's before factoring in how the use of stalker enemies adds an extra dimension to the adventure puzzle framework by making maneuvering around the game space its own puzzle.
2) Though they're absolutely a VR gimmick, the shadow puzzles were really cute, and they and a few of the instances of "rotate the object and interact with it from a specific angle to manipulate it" harken back to RE1 and RECV having these brief inventory "puzzle" moments where you manipulate the 3d object to do things. But the shadow puzzles themselves are cool because like any good shadow puzzle the key you manipulate looks nothing like the shape you're to make with it.
3) In terms of explicit puzzles, then ok yes RE7, and a fair number of mainline RE games I'd argue, is still not going to compare to Silent Hill in shit that makes the neurons fire off. That said, "Happy Birthday" is up there in terms of puzzles that get you to stop and think things through, and it's nice that it didn't have to take the form of a gallery room puzzle, which I feel is historically RE's puzzle design at its strongest (the Ashford Family Tree puzzle in CV in particular because of how much it requires you to infer details from the information provided)

I would argue that RE7's puzzle design is more unfocused rather than sparse, though. It dabbles in all kinds of stuff, rather than focusing on a particular class of puzzle beyond the adventure game inventory management subgame.
>>
>>166675560
Ok, thought they were some virus ridden parasites.

Thought the virus in Evelyn enabled her to develope the fungus. As i remember the doctor files talked about fungus like and if they see that, unknown to them, think it is a fungus. But i have to admit i dont remember so well if Zoe or other notes from Lucas really identified it to be a real fungus
>>
>>166442390
Anyone know a good torrent for Bio 7 on PC?
>>
>>166500623
Like 3 games came out on the same day, and you can't discuss RE7 on /v/. Just finished it today. I guess a lot of people are still playing.
>>
>>166676272
NEVER
EVER
RE7
>>
>>166570536
>I'm """"""Redfield""""""
>>
>>166651007
>Dino Crisis in the style of RE7
>That T-Rex window scene
Jesus
>>
>>166678709
>yfw full name is Redfield Wesker
>>
>>166593343
You can even hear helicopters for a whilr before finding that pic. I agree. It gave me a weird feeling.
>>
File: LO.jpg (50KB, 388x474px) Image search: [Google]
LO.jpg
50KB, 388x474px
Post what you're running with right now.
bump
>>
Is there any chance if this new Umbrella is actually the good guys?
>>
>>166683335
they're the guys from umbrella corps
the game

they just go around beating other umbrella corps guys up with ice axes
>>
Just finished my speedrun with less than 5 minutes to spare. Thank god that ending cutscene doesn't count towards the time limit. Guess it's time to move onto madhouse.
>>
>>166689994
>doing speedrun without infinite ammo
Please tell me you at least got the running shoes first, you madman.
>>
>>166690450

Nope. All I had was the Albert gun and defense thing. To be honest, I wasn't even aiming to get under par. I was going for the collectibles and no healjuice, and somehow wound up under 4 hours anyway.
>>
>bought game yesterday, played a bit
>didn't play today
>because I'm too scared

It's the fucking first person view.
Really does the job.
Maybe too well.
>>
>>166691534
be thankful you didn't get it for VR
>>
File: Toast.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
Toast.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>be kinda glad that the DLC is coming out next week because I'm really hungry for more after finishing madhouse
>its PS4 exclusive for a month
>>
>>166691984
wait they still do that ?
though that shit died with the 360
>>
>>166676080
Nah. They're full-on macroparasites - parasitic multicellular organisms that grow big enough to be seen with the naked eye. Fun fact, they're the second such species to appear in RE, with the first being the engineered Nemesis-Alpha that created Nemesis (injection into a T-103 Tyrant) and the proto-G-virus (injection into Lisa Trevor).

It's confusing. They claim the "mold" is a growth produced by a bacterium, but in that very same document, they say Eveline was engineered from conception to be a host for a "vicariant evolution fungus" they dubbed the Mutamycete. Hence why the E-Necrotoxin is called out as a fungicide. I'm thinking that either bacterium and fungus can be interchangeable in medical terms, or else Capcom screwed up its bacterium reference when they intend for it to be a fungus.
>>
File: 5055d1a35c2f6[1].jpg (46KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
5055d1a35c2f6[1].jpg
46KB, 540x810px
Mia IRL A CUTE!
>>
>>166693428
Bacteria and fungi occupy different... whatever the exact term is, they're definitely not overlapping, though apparently there's at least one kind of bacteria that has fungi-like filament growth. But bacteria are prokaryotic, and fungi are eukaryotic, they're in completely different domains.

It's possible they're trying to describe something more akin to a lichen, or it's a fungus that can behave like a bacterium at a certain scale. Then there's just the possibility that someone punted the technobabble, I'm one to believe this since translating technical stuff from Japanese to English can be a bit of a clusterfuck at times.

Really, it's just easier to think of it as super-Cordyceps, Resident Evil style
But for real, -mycete refers to fungi, and muta- refers to change, ergo mutamycete: evolving fungus. Vicariant refers to something about gene dispersal but that goes beyond my ability to grok this shit so long story short it's super-Cordyceps
>>
How good is the magnum? I just finished madhouse and am putting together a loose route to stick to getting the speedrun achievement. I'll have infinite ammo so that isn't a concern. Not sure if it's worth stopping to pick up enough coins before I hit the trailer.
>>
>>166694428

Best weapon in the game, so yeah. It'll take down the first form of the final boss in about 2 or 3 hits on medium. Hardly necessary though.
>>
>>166449937
WHAT ARE YOU, A COP, DOING IN A SUSPICIOUS LOCATION?
>>
>>166694428
I honestly didn't bother collecting it until I reached the swamp. Just wasn't enough ammo to make it worthwhile, and the fights where it might have been useful were easy enough with just a buttload of pistol & shotgun bullets. Hell, the first fight with Jack is actually a puzzle boss, really - you don't need to fire a single shot prior to setting him on fire.
>>
So it dawned on me at a point that you can combine gunpowder with 10 normal bullets to get 5 enhanced bullets.

This ends up with the cute implication that 2 gunpowder, 20 bullets and 1 separator chemical are equivalent to 1 strong chemical fluid. Not the most efficient recipe, especially because my primary use of strong chem fluid has been in making enhanced bullets, but hey if you don't like handgun bullets nor gunpowder, then just save them up to make strong chem fluid for the things you do like.
>>
>>166695794
I think if youre using albert using that method for handgun ammo is way more efficient since youll kill everything in 1-2 headshots
>>
>>166696075
It still feels more like an emergency recipe, whereas strong chem lets you keep 20 regular bullets for plinking purposes on top of giving you a fresh mag of enhanced.

But I guess when you're going fast, and you weren't going to use all those regular bullets in the first place, the math works out?

All this being said, enhanced bullets have been my favorite resource in the game, they've kept the Glock relevant for far longer than I'd ever expect a RE handgun to be.
>>
>>166697352
yeah its more about efficiency, on my second playthrough even with using gunpowder exlusively with handgun bullets, I had 40 or so enhanced and 60 or so regular bullets left over, the albert just rewards headshotting too efficiently to bother with all the extra handgun ammo, with the starting pistol Im sure the trade off is more meaningful though
>>
Has anybody tried shooting her chainsaw? Seems like everyone just shoots her head.
>>
File: idiots.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
idiots.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>when you manage to run past the entirety of the salt mine gauntlet including the fat molded arena losing only two shotgun shells to take out the crawlers and three pistol rounds for the ladder tripmines
s p e e d
>>
You know what this game is missing? A self-destruct sequence.
>>
Hey, anons? Does RE4 on PC via Steam come with the Separate Ways mini-game? Ada Wong's special story that got added to the versions of the game that came out after the Gamecube?

If it does, how do you get it? Do you need to beat the main campaign first?
>>
What's the best way to play RE2&3? Emulation or PC ports?
>>
>>166699253
yes

beat the main campaign first, I believe

>>166699570
the PC ports are arguably the best versions but you could always emulate 3 for DC or gamecube, or 2 for N64, GC, or DC
>>
What's the best way to play RE2&3? Emulation or PC ports?
>>
>>166699570

PC or Gamecube emulation, although the 64 version of 2 has unique content in the EX-files.
>>
WHAT HAPPENED TO LUCAS
>>
>>166703941

DLC
>>
>tfw we won't get Old Man HUNK DLC

feels bad man
>>
>>166704642
>implying Redfield isn't HUNK
>>
Fuck. Madhouse chainsaw Mia was stupidly tough. Doesn't help that the trick to avoiding her attacks is to run at her, not away from her.
>>
>>166705634
don't know if there's some crits or whatever but i found her easy as piss since guard completely blocks her berserk rush and there's enough ammo to kill her with 100 % headshots
>>
Hey, anons? Kind of an off-topic query, but since I was wondering... Resident Evil T-103 (?Mr. X") Tyrant in Super Mode vs. Solamnun Zombies (aka, Max Brooks' take on the idea) - who'd win?

My money's on the Tyrant, personally. Bullet-proof skin, little in the way of pain receptors, surprisingly fast and agile, strong enough to crush skulls with its bare hands, claws long/sharp/strong enough to hack off heads with a single swipe, and seemingly limitless endurance.
>>
Does Mia's hair seem all pixelated and shitty to anyone else on PC? is there a setting I'm missing?
>>
Anyone else disappointed the cop didn't make a reappearance? Jacky boy talked to the corpse and said that it was going to help him kill Ethan. Would have been nice to have an enemy stalk you throughout the last 3/4 of the game like Jack does for the first quarter.
>>
>>166711503

Yeah, I honestly thought he'd turn into a mini-boss of some kind. I guess it makes sense he didn't come back, destroying the head is how you kill Molded after all.
>>
Just plated the game

give me some challenge run ideas my dudes
>>
>>166712886

Knife only is the traditional one.
>>
>>166712959
Knife only is literally impossible in RE7
>>
>>166712886
I take it you already did madhouse?
>>
>>166713891
>Just plated the game
>>
>>166713978
Thought that was phoneposter for 'played'.
What's even correct?
Platted?
Plated?
Plat'd?
>>
Am I crazy or is there like huge plotholes in this game?
>>
>>166714726

Such as?
>>
File: 20170124003553_1.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170124003553_1.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
So how many of you here have inferred from the bits of lore that Evelyn is Mia and Ethan's biological daughter?
>>
>>166714726
Only real plothole is Lucas and that's obvious DLC-bait.
>>
>>166715181
What lead you to believe that?
>>
>>166715370
Her mental projection has the same hair as Mia.

2014 is the earliest known reference to Evelyn specifically as seen on the back of a photograph.

2014 is 3 years before the time the game takes place which is the same length of time Mia has been missing.

Mia mentions having a babysitting job in the first email video. Obviously in reference to Evelyn. She was likely pregnant at this time and needed to distance herself from Ethan before it became noticeable.

Mia works for a biotech company and was chosen to act as Evelyn's caretaker and parental figure.

Her "deterioration" manifests itself as a rapid aging process so it's likely that weeks-months after being born she grew into the appearance of a 10 year old.

"SHE'S NOT MY DAUGHTER" was written on the wall of the tanker. The only person it would make sense to have written that is Mia. Seems like she is in denial or views Evelyn as a monster rather than human.

During her oversight Mia likely talked to Evelyn about her family and Ethan. Likely where she got the idea of wanting a family of her own.

During the flashback hallucination we hear Evelyn say that if Ethan doesn't want to be her daddy that he should die. How could she know who he is if they have never met before? I think it is because Mia talked to her about Ethan and families and simply put two and two together. It's possible that Ethan never being around is interpreted as not wanting to be her father.

Evelyn is seen countless times in odd places simply observing Ethan, even though outsiders are always killed by the Family. She could have just alerted anyone to his location via telepathy. Maybe he shares similar imprinting protection that Mia has? It would help explain why she didn't kill him on the ship and said she wouldn't hurt him. Mia likely regained slight control during the house fight when she walked away yelling about containment. That's why he wasn't killed then when she wanted him dead.
>>
>>166716629
Jack can be heard muttering to himself in the dissection room that she wants him(Ethan) to be his daddy now instead of himself. I think it's because Evelyn knows that Ethan is her real father and had a change of heart.
>>
>>166716629
>>166716734
I Interpreted that as being linked to Mia agreeing to be her mother (which Eveline clearly took as a dire promise), rather than being any explicit biological link between the two. Eveline very clearly had access to the contents of Mia's mind, so her knowing about Ethan and deciding that he ought to be her father (by extension of Mia agreeing to be her mother) certainly isn't conclusive. For all we know that was the first time Eveline had been outside of highly controlled environments and Mia may just have been the first person to say 'yes' to her.

Eveline also clearly gets bored easily, sending the Bakers out to kidnap people and eventually luring in Ethan for no explicable reason (why would she not force Mia to send for him immediately if he really was her biological father?)

At most I'd say it's interesting theory but there's nothing either explicit or implicit definitively pointing toward it. I'm sure we'll see whatever the truth is play out in the DLC . It might well be an intentional element of her BOW function. Small, cute, girl that just wants to be part of a family is a pretty good sell for a refugee-based infiltration weapon.
>>
>>166721795
If I had to guess that'll be paid DLC. It looks like the 'free' one will be some background on 'Redfield' and nu-brella.
>>
>>166693428
>>166694293
Ok, i wasnt so sure if its really a fungus or in the end fungus like.
Because i only remembered that the doctor described it as fungus, but not if it just look alike.
>>
>>166695096
And alone. I thought first rule is to have some back up.
But we know it was just for shock value.
>>
>>166697778
You can shoot her leg and than she stumbles.
>>
>>166712541
Me too. But yes, decapitation kills them.

>>166711503
Even that you get the head i thought his body would return and is easier to be controlled by Lucas.
Have the feeling that was axed because of the timetable, like someone mentioned the note from Lucas killing someone in the attic.
>>
>>166716629
Sounds interesting and makes sense.

>>166720459
Good point there.
>Small, cute, girl that just wants to be part of a family is a pretty good sell for a refugee-based infiltration weapon.
And a good motivation for your sentient weapon.
>>
>>166450868
Probably super late but the way you open it is to find a lockpick and open it in the vhs tape sewer gators, then it's unlocked in the present
>>
>>166724318
>Lucas killing someone in the attic.

That happened when he was just a kid. Of course there wasn't going to be anything up there.
>>
File: 87737.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
87737.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
Anyone know how many gun repair kits are in the game?
>>
>>166726795
Two.

And somehow I couldn't find either of them, not that I needed them or anything.

But fuck me there goes 100% hoarding.
>>
>>166714923
The fact that Mia disappeared three years previously, yet somehow everything takes place within a day. Zoe somehow was only just borderline infected even though her family was full blown years previously.
The fact that Mia had only partially been infected, again during this three year timeline that doesn't make sense considering the notes in the lab hint the onset was quicker.
The three year time line in general makes no fucking sense because everything else in the entire game doesn't add up if that's the case.
>>
>>166728307
The broken shotgun turns I to the best weapon in the game. You fucked up mang.
>>
the Albert replica with enhanced ammo is nearly as powerful as the 44. imo the 44 is only worthwhile if you're using infinite ammo.
>>
>>166731401

I just interpreted that as Eveline's control over the infected not being all that great, that she can be resisted. Zoe, Mia, and Lucas all had varying degrees of resistance.

But yeah, the three year gap is weird.
>>
How is it possible to beat the game in only four hours? I started a madhouse playthrough last night and it took me an hour just to get to the part with Mia cutting attacking you in the attack, even with knowing exactly where to go.
My first playthrough on normal was 11:27:16.
I could see knocking off like 3-4 hours if you just didn't explore. Then again there were about 1-2 hours where I just set the controller down without pausing.
>>
>>166733123
Mia attacking you in the attic*
Fucking phoneposting cancer, Christ.
>>
>>166539113
Wow great job you really made me laugh bro xD
>>
>>166732059
All the guns are surprisingly solid (except for the burner which goes from secretly-a-key-item in the old house to kinda jank everywhere else) so it's not like missing it is that painful, at least on normal.

I went out of my way to pick up the broken shotgun too but I guess I just didn't explore my surroundings enough.

The game is real good about hiding collectables though, and I say this even though I've made liberal use of psychostims.
>>
>>166733123
By beating madhouse mode, getting infinite ammo, running shoes, the Albert pistol, and playing on easy.
>>
File: burn it.jpg (244KB, 1215x885px) Image search: [Google]
burn it.jpg
244KB, 1215x885px
>>166720459

>I'm sure we'll see whatever the truth is play out in the DLC

I'm hoping that's the case to. It seems pretty obvious that Blue Umbrella were watching the Bakers for quite some time. The radio in the Salt Mines is tuned to their communications frequency (which is probably encrypted). They were probably the ones that tinkered with Lucas' head and allowed him to retain control.

I'm assuming that the title "Not A Hero" refers to the fact that Blue Umbrella were simply standing by allowing the Bakers to be enslaved and, by extension, allowing the 20 people abducted by the Bakers to be killed or turned.

>>166720459

>It might well be an intentional element of her BOW function.

There are documents in the game that speculate on this but do not know the exact answer. This implies even the people who made her aren't all that sure why she is obsessed with the concept of family. I think the simple answer is that she was raised in a laboratory setting and treated like a weapon instead of a child so she became obsessed with finding the real human affection she was designed to seek out. The tragic thing is that she is destined to enslave or kill everyone she comes into contact with so she'll never get what she wants most.

A righteous man would just put her down. What does that say about men who would observe, document, and capture her for study or sale to bioweapon developers?
>>
>>166682365
>that inventory management

Keep up the good work anon
>>
File: CxQ_WhqVIAAbXnt.jpg (60KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CxQ_WhqVIAAbXnt.jpg
60KB, 1200x675px
>want to play resident evil 7
>it costs $60 and there's not a crack out for it yet
>>
>>166738696
you mean the walking shoes?
>>
>>166745998
Anon, please. It's shit.
there's a crack on TBP
>>
does anyone know how many heals youre actually allowed for the cheevo, I know in the begininng youre forced to use one, but are there any other points I need to remember before Is tart this
>>
>>166745998

More like it's $48.
>>
I was initially excited for RE7, but it really looks like Outlast 2 / PT with guns.
I've played every RE, but I feel like I'm going to skip this one out. For those of you who finished the game, does the game tie in with the lore / story of RE at all other than Umbrella signs being slapped on a few places?
>>
>>166752412
unfortunately for you, youve already made up your mind so dont bother
>>
>>166752874
No, I said "I feel like I'm going to".
As in, I might, because I love the series, but I am asking if it actually relates or ties into the story / lore or its just a reboot.
>>
>>166753042
It's the start of a new story arc, but it definitely puts its time into carving out its place in the Resident Evil world both in lore and presentation.
>>
>>166752412

>I was initially excited for RE7, but it really looks like Outlast 2 / PT with guns.

It took me a few minutes to convince myself not to sperg out on you over Outlast comparisons.

>I've played every RE, but I feel like I'm going to skip this one out.

You've played multiple piles of trash because they had the RE name on them but you're going to sit out a soft reboot that's better than more than half of the series?

>For those of you who finished the game, does the game tie in with the lore / story of RE at all other than Umbrella signs being slapped on a few places?

I'd like to ask you a counter question: What did RE4 have to do with the rest of the series? Absolutely nothing. It had a handful of recurring characters that could have very easily been replaced with new characters. There was no T-Virus, no zombies, no Umbrella, and the villains were a Lovecraftian cult of parasite infected country bumpkins led by a crazy person.

RE4 is pretty universally regarded as one of the best games in the series and it did something very similar to what RE7 is doing. The difference is that the RE7 doesn't explain everything and the shady organization experimenting with bioweapons hides itself much better than the original Umbrella ever did.

Also that's not the Umbrella logo, it's the Umbrella Corps logo.
>>
>just got RE7
>did the first part since my download is still finishing
>skipped the first tape since I knew where the lever was from the demo

did I miss anything new? is it worth starting again?
>>
>>166753965
They relocated the lockpick in the vid, which means you ain't getting what's in the locked drawer without making Clancy scour every last pixel all over again.
>>
>>166753965

Not really. The tape only exists to tell you where the lever is. It's in the demo for a similar reason but you can only get the true ending if you already know where the lever is without watching the tape, like Clancy would since he was the one that recorded it.
>>
>>166754056
>you ain't getting what's in the locked drawer
is it still the axe? as long as i'm not missing something useful i'm fine with continuing where I am without it
>>
>>166754210
It's an optional collectible that won't matter until about halfway through the game, but if you're super completionist it might bite you in the ass down the line.

Nothing to really warrant starting a new game for if it's your first run.
>>
>>166753907
Actually, RE4 is my least favorite of the series.
>>
>>166754210
its a coin, you can get everything even if you miss one coin, but if you want the achievement youll need to do that
>>
>>166754765
So, this might sound a bit crass of me to ask, but would that mean you value 6 for its contributions to lore, by any chance?
>>
File: 20170125072409_1.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170125072409_1.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>166754765

Any particular reasons for that?
>>
>>166755398
I value 6 because it was a good game.
It was labeled an "action" game, and even though for a Resident Evil game that is looked down upon immensely, for an action game, it was good. It had melee combat, a decent variety of weapons though not as good as 5's, cover taking, and a lot of movement mechanics I thought was rather unique. It also not only has its own story but actually continues the other characters' while introducing likable characters with their own back story.
>>166755978
Its pretty much the first Resident Evil game where zombies stopped being zombies and instead became humans that can soak bullets. It was not scary at all to me. Instead of scavenging and managing ammo and bullets, you could now get multiple of the same type of gun and even upgrade them. The feeling of "horror" was completely lost and its not a horror game no matter how much people attempt to make it out to be. Spanish yelling idiots were always more funny than scary. Especially when you start fighting the fat ones carrying machine gun turrets. I cannot see how anyone even remotely thought it was horror. The game introduced Las Plagas and left zombies and BOWs behind and they really were and still are horrible.
Why would I ever want a guy with a bag over his head with a chainsaw over 6's Ubistvo? It looks significantly more scary and the heart being in its flesh manifested chainsaw is MUCH more creative and scary then most of what RE4 shit out. And obviously, Ashley is a problem in herself, but the story was just pretty weak too.
>>
>>166607396
I used 12 healing items in my speedrun and the xrays unlocked, so it's def the under 4h
>>
>>166756589

>>166755398 here, fair enough on your part.

I don't think I've heard 4 spoken of much in terms of being a horror game though, outside of the hardest difficulty and that's more a tension thing than fear; it's usually the case that 4 is openly accepted for being a rather camp entry in the franchise while also being in its own right a solid third person shooter during that genre's formative years.

I think a lot of why it's beloved really does come down to going against the grain of what RE was perceived as being.
>>
>>166756589

>Instead of scavenging and managing ammo and bullets, you could now get multiple of the same type of gun and even upgrade them.

Yeah well you'll be happy to know that ammo is not very abundant until later in the game and that there's no weapon upgrade shit other than maybe Enhanced Rounds for the handgun, which are limited in quantity, even compared to normal rounds, but can be crafted from Gunpowder and Strong Chem Fluid.
>>
>>166758697
Really? Everyone seems to claim 5 is when the game became a full on action game and 4 was horror and action.
>>
>>166759796
I dunno man, and it's not like I don't hear garbage opinions about other stuff all the same.

I think that line of thought is more premised on 5 doing co-op which can be a bit counterproductive to the tone of horror, not to mention jacked up Chris punching boulders while Wesker hams it up with COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION.

The whole of the 4/REV/5/REV2/6 arc is still mechanically united under the theme of gunplay-driven action with resource management elements to create a tense and occasionally oppressive atmosphere, at any rate. Not as oppressive as it can get in the 1/2/3/CV/0 arc, but when you fuck up it's kinda clear you fucked up, and I think that's the core of how RE sets up its most impactful gotcha moments, preying on the player getting all cocky only to eat shit when they least expect it.
>>
>>166550439
>no replay value
Madhouse alone is worth the 2nd run through. Changes the game enough for me to keep playing.
Plus challenge runs but that's just me enjoying games rather than bitching about them on the internet.
>>
File: CExxn9rUMAAARnF.jpg (24KB, 494x482px) Image search: [Google]
CExxn9rUMAAARnF.jpg
24KB, 494x482px
I.have.no intention of playing re7, don't even have a.ps4. Too.busy killing aliens in.gears of war with my big.white American dick.

Ill watch my substitute friends, tbfp, play it for me, though. But I want to know, how many crazy secrets and shit are in.this.game?
I.watched a.video.about all.the bullshit you have to do to get the dirty coin, so many rings to.jump through no one but an.autistic virgin.could figure it out.

But does that coin even do anything? Does it even transfer over to.the.main game?
>>
>>166559405
I think it's implied Mia has been getting fucked around by the bakers and in and out if Eve's influence. Meanwhile after 3 years the family's lost their shit, it might be explained in a future dlc which isn't ideal but i'll take what I can get.
>>
>>166620459
luckily you'd lose all of that shit anyway so its no big deal.
>>
>>166760894
I'd pretty much completely agree with your summary of the game elements. I'm simply stating that RE4 fans love to group it with the 1/2/3/0/CV arc and not the 5/6/Rev arc where it belongs. They also seem to love stating that its a flawless, perfect game and every game after it is when things went down hill when its really what caused the downhill spiral.
B-but that's just my opinion. I still like it as a game, its just the worst in the series.
>>
If I thought the demo was really boring is the actual game any different, or will I still be bored?
>>
>>166745998
You could have gotten it for $30.
>>
>>166762824
4 was one of the best ones, it's success just sent the wrong message to the publisher. Its more action oriented format apparently made them assume people just wanted action titles instead of survival, so it went downhill from there.
>>
>>166763583
Why do you say its one of the best?
The classic trio, 0 and CV I say would definitely top it imo.
5 created a much more useful companion, more relevant and honestly interesting story, and is one of the best co-op games there is.
6 has great gameplay, story, and brought back zombies, along with the strengths of 5, better or worst in some cases.
>>
>>166762824
It's your prerogative.
I really don't want to comment too much on the individual quality of the 4-era, other than that the Revelations games were far better than they had any right being.

Rev2 is personally my favorite of the third person generation since it has a very old-meets-new feel to its systems, particularly the in-all-but-name resurrection of the zapping system to allow gameplay with Claire/Moira to impact that of Barry/Natalia. Rev1 is no slouch either considering it was a 3DS game initially, and it's a gorgeous one at that. Like, whenever I want to not give a fuck about continuity porn, I look at the Revelations subseries as an example of how to do sidestory content right.
>>
>>166763929
>Why do you say its one of the best?

Because I enjoyed it a lot. It's been years since I've played it, I'm not going to remember enough to get much more specific.

5 just irritated me with the fact that you basically have to babysit your partner if you're not playing co-op, never finished it. Never played 6.
>>
>>166763929
So here's an opinion I remember going against the grain for sure, but I actually like CV a lot.

It got shit back in the day (and I think it still persists among certain circles) for being just another Resident Evil, hell it was just another Resident Evil while also not picking up any of the cool stuff from 3, so not only did you not have a persistent stalker enemy, but you still had to press a button to navigate stairs.

It was a relic of its own past, to put it lightly.

But when that's exactly what you're in the market for, CV fucking delivers. Nosferatu alone is worth the price of admission.
>>
>Jake Wesker spinoff series made by Platinum when?
>>
>>166768021
I hope he's either in or mentioned in the next Revelations.
>>
>>166767146
lmao cv was a piece of shit, legit had a hard time acutally forcing my way through that garbage, just because it had zombies and tank controls doesnt mean it was all that "resident evil" either, most of the game had more action than even re4
>>
>>166768395
The end cutscene after the jake/sherry story really makes me like Jake as a character. His blood is very valuable. Wesker blood could be used as a foundation for future viruses.
>>
>>166768507
if CV had more action than RE4, RE2 and 3 are basically RE6 levels of action

but I'd agree with the other anon, CV was a pretty fun game

it's a shame that the game tried to force you to like that french canadian faggot and his whiny, nasally voice and fucking failed

>>166768395
I don't really want jake to be mentioned in the NEXT revelations because I feel it'd be better to wrap up the other dead-end forgotten characters

personally, I want to see what the hell happened to folks like the outbreak cast, carlos, them BSAA folks from 5 and whatnot, and maybe even ark and billy

just give a file that billy, being worst character, up and died in a bar fight or something
>>
>>166769625
You have a point, I'd really love to see what Billy has been up to.
>>
After beating re7 I feel like playing some other games in the series I missed. Only played 1 and 2. Hated 5 and 6. Should I go for re4 or zero?
>>
>>166774050

Zero, just so you can get the worst title in the series out of the way.
>>
>>166774050
did you play the original 1 or REmake?

either way, I wouldn't really start with 0

try 3 or 4
>>
>>166745998
Don't worry anon, in due time.
In due time, there will be a Steam Sale.

...i think. i dont have any experience buying triple a games on steam because i don't have a gaming desktop yet that could handle them. aaand i prefer console ports over pc ports anyways because they run way better imo
pls no bully im a poorfag ;_;
>>
>>166775121
I usually buy physical console copies because they both run better AND my PC is shit. you're not alone anon

so is rebecca like, chris' waifu or something?

is that why the bad guy kidnaps her and puts her in a wedding dress in the new CG movie?

the whole revenge against chris for something or other makes sense because chris ruins a lot of shit but why is rebecca getting married?
>>
>>166776147

The movie isn't even out, how would anybody know?
>>
>>166776360
that's the new and happening thing

collecting ideas and putting them together before something is out so that you can be disappointed by being wrong
>>
File: dog in space.gif (1MB, 360x249px) Image search: [Google]
dog in space.gif
1MB, 360x249px
Do steroid and stabilizer buffs carry over to other playthroughs?
>>
>>166774876
Zero is filler as fuck. It was definitely unnecessary to make. Everything about this game past the train went downhill.
>>
Just finished.

Endgame kinda petered out but was still pretty fun.
>>
>>166698337
>Literally just blew everyone up with my massive stockpile of explosives
>>
>>166787051
>two enhanced handgun bullets later

WOW EVELINE, WAS TURNING INTO A MONSTER PART OF YOUR PLAN?
>>
>>166606813
>Double barreled shotgun
the fuck do you find that? I swear I only saw 2 normal handguns too
>>
>>166777732
every time I replay zero I feel bad because I remember how terrific the train segment is and how hard it falls off afterwards, so much potential in that game
>>
File: re7.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
re7.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
I have a lot of lingering questions after beating RE7. Why does the serum kill Jack, but not Mia or Zoe. The files say that the serum only has a small window to save people, so most of the time its fatal if used. Does this mean Mia and Zoe avoided getting infected until recently before the game starts? Pretty sure Mia was already infected on the boat 3 years before the game started, she would have been infected longer than anyone else in the house, yet seems to have much tamer symptons than Jack and Marg.
>>
>>166792220

The Serum calcifies the Mold tissue in a person's system. If they're only lightly infected the side effects of this are negligible. If most of your body mass is Mold, like Jack at the time, then the calcification kills you for obvious reasons.
>>
>>166500623
>>166505928
>>166507526
>>166513114
i just now posted in the general because i just beat the game and wanted to avoid spoilers
>>
This general is so... nice.
No arguments or brain dead people insulting each other. So far, seems like intellectual discussion and a light hearted atmosphere.
I'll keep coming back.
>>
>>166790846
The over/under shotgun is acquired by using a repair kit on the 'broken shotgun' you get from the rec room. You probably left it on the weight puzzle used to acquire the pump action. When you reach Lucas's attic room there's a wooden toy shotgun you can swap out for it if you want to keep both but I typically ditch the pump for the double barrel as soon as I make it to the yard and get the repair kit under the decking.

As for handguns:
Glock (from deputy)
1911 (in guest house for intro and later found broken in Zoe's trailer)
Makarov (from Mia's section on the boat)
Magnum (bought for nine antique coins in Zoe's trailer)
Albert (shows up for the last five seconds of the game)
Albert replica (unlocked for beating the game)
>>
>>166794245
the real question here is: will the general keep coming back?
>>
is there NG+? if i do a new game do i keep all of my old gear?
>>
>>166794769
no and no
>>
File: 1432006415338.png (494KB, 712x540px) Image search: [Google]
1432006415338.png
494KB, 712x540px
>choose zoe
>mfw 2 minutes later
you're telling i spend 80% of the game finding your damn cure, choose her instead of my wife and the shit doesn't even fucking work ? holy shit that's beyond stupid
>>
>>166795090
i chose mia, what even happens if you chose zoe?
>>
should I get the season pass or regular?
>>
File: 1466039360407.jpg (88KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1466039360407.jpg
88KB, 1300x866px
hello yes where are the RE7 webms
>>
The second half of the game wasn't as scary as the first half. I even played the second half in the dark with headphones and everything.
>>
>molded in the old house

Phew. Madhouse sure is something. The changes are mostly pretty great.
>>
>>166794121
Why would most of Jack's body be mold but not Zoe or Mia. Mia especially who would technically be infected for longer.
>>
>>166795090
Do you not play as Mia during the ship part if you pick Zoe?
>>
>>166800460

Because he was a giant hideous monster while the other two weren't? I guess the infection grows/recedes depending on ones mental state. Those who can resist will have minimal mold in their body, while those who can't get it everywhere.

Of course, this doesn't really explain why Zoe calcifies even after supposedly being cured.
>>
>>166800460
probably because he regenerated from a pile of giblets into a giant blobby dickhead while Mia and Zoe were physically still people.
>>
>>166593957
Yeah I've been having this problem as well

Do you have a GTX 970? I remember reading after I bought it about how this "4gb" card was a piece of shit with 3.5 gigs of normal vram and then 500mb of slower, shittier vram, which means that any game that actually fills up the 4 gigs is going to stutter like a bitch

Basically nvidia fucking us in the ass by using cheap parts and lies
>>
Do minor enemies respawn?
I've just accessed the Processing Area for the first time.
All that black goo and ambience got me spooked the fuck out.
>>
>>166801915

No, thank god. You'll revisit areas sometimes and new enemies will have spawned, but there are no infinite spawning enemies.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
So which RE7 dub is the best?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI3b_Cc6mBE
>>
>>166803632
english easily, nip second, after that its all pretty bad desu
>>
File: Albert_Wesker_RE5.jpg (99KB, 500x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Wesker_RE5.jpg
99KB, 500x1180px
Even though it's been a long time since RE5, is anyone still in disbelief how firm Capcom is on Albert Wesker's permanent death? He hasn't appeared since even in spinoffs.
>>
>>166795370
she turns into stone literally 2 minutes later
>>166801038
you still do and instead of her sending you to kill eve at the end of the boat part you have to kill her, again
>>
File: 1485151169167.jpg (138KB, 754x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1485151169167.jpg
138KB, 754x1008px
>Jack fight round 2
>Take out all the eyes
>He comes up out of the water and pins me
>Shoot his head-eye twice, he whacks me
>Shoot his head-eye twice more, second whack kills me

Am I doing something wrong here? I've died four times in the exact same spot, even if I'm at full health the second whack always kills me. Shotgun btw.
>>
File: 1460062151953.jpg (18KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1460062151953.jpg
18KB, 310x310px
>>166804556
>he doesn't know
>>
>>166805163

Block. Also, you can drop down into the water. Also also, grenade launcher with flame rounds is your friend here.
>>
File: 1480612451007.jpg (51KB, 448x488px) Image search: [Google]
1480612451007.jpg
51KB, 448x488px
>unlock circular saw
>go madhouse
>I am now the bully
>>
File: 1485503483805.png (395KB, 593x370px) Image search: [Google]
1485503483805.png
395KB, 593x370px
>>166805241
Thanks anon I cannot fucking believe that didn't cross my mind.

On the bright side I'm now REALLY good at aiming.
>>
>>166805898
Blocking becomes super important later on, actually. It's funny how easy it is to forget the mechanic exists, but the game does have its own little final exam on it.
>>
>>166806152
Later on? What the fuck I thought this game was short.
>>
>>166806241
Oh you'll know when it's over.
>>
>>166463334
man, sorry your shitpost got no (you)s. here's a pity one. things will look up friend.
>>
>>166507867
need a special monitor for HDR. it extends the possible color ranges. actually looks pretty good but its expensive tech atm.
>>
>>166521662
5 hours is my average to a first time blind play through of the old games.
>>
>>166550439
>no replay value

has as much replay value as any other RE IE, unlockables and challenges to complete.
>>
>>166805163
If you run all the way toward the side of the arm he raises he'll miss you every time.
>>
File: IMG_8565.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8565.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm going to post the collection of confidential documents found towards the end of the game that contain redacted names. I was hoping you could help me figure out what some of them are.
>>
File: IMG_8566.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8566.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>166808674
I skipped over pages that don't have redacted entries. They aren't in consecutive order either
>>
File: IMG_8567.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8567.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>166808758
>>
File: IMG_8568.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8568.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>166808827
>>
File: IMG_8569.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8569.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>166808915
>>
Is there any way to kill spider maggie that doesn't involve blowing 25+ shotgun rounds

I feel like I need to save shotgun rounds since you apparently cannot craft them
>>
>>166676272
this
>>
File: 20170128210952_1.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170128210952_1.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>166809465
Nailed her in the pussy with every single thing I've got and she didn't die. Am I supposed to go back to the stash and get literally everything I've collected so far?
>>
>>166809465
She's a bullet sponge, hope you aren't too attached to all that shotty ammo you got.

Aim for her vag.
>>
>>166809465
throw all your shit ammo at her, you won't need it after that, especially flamethrower
>>
File: 20170128212343_1.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170128212343_1.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>one handgun round left

We did it senpai
>>
>>166811121
Man, I actually feel kind of physically sick after that fight

Nothing in the game up until this really affected me, but this particular combination of "gross visuals + actual difficulty + fuck your desire to save as many bullets as possible" is next level. It's different to the shit like getting your arm cut off because you're actually in control of the outcome.
>>
i played 31 minutes and had to turn it off, i dont know why i bought this shit i cant handle scary games.

as an aside I did enjoy that 31 minutes more than other resident evil games, so i guess thats nice.
>>
>>166807692
There are also a shitton of easily missed events in the game if you just rush through and don't take your time.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_Vendetta_4.jpg (24KB, 566x354px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_Vendetta_4.jpg
24KB, 566x354px
>>166572041
>game is set in 2016-2019
>becca an old crone
>>
https://www.twitch
.tv/ppomodoli
>>
Lads, how the fuck do I fucking hide from the old guy in the house after the dinner scene? I cant find a good hiding place anywhere and he fucking catches me all the time.
Fuck this scary ass game
>>
So I beat re 1 remake and holy shit it was mircomangement hell and puzzles, more puzzles than fighting.
and fuck C. heads.
The whole game was more stressful than scary.
I then beat RE 7 and am going on over to RE4 because i'm waiting for the RE 2 remake.
and yeah i'm 25 but never got into it I was brought up on nintendo but I always wanted too.

Also what ever happened to the line "GET ME OUTTA THIS FUCKING NIGHTMARE" in RE7? was it removed?
>>
>>166823145
You don't hide you either have to lose him of fight him.
>>
>>166823145
Go into rooms and try to break line of sight as much as possible.

You have a small circuit to loop between the main hallway, the kitchen and the dining room, everywhere else runs the risk of hitting a dead end so plan your course accordingly.
>>
>>166448930
someone put the I came here to laugh at you from char.
>>
So was that chris at the end?
>>
File: IMG_2429.jpg (133KB, 748x1105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2429.jpg
133KB, 748x1105px
Ha ha
>>
>>166795370
zoe is BAD END dude.
She might actually be alive in the good end.
>>
>>166803632
Jack was actually a every good voice actor, I hear they just picked up some hillbillys to do it.
>>
>>166823406
>>166823418

Ah thanks. Managed to grab the key and run like a little bitch.
>>
RE4 on pc looks like it has a shit ton of content with weapons and modes and fun, should be really a different feel from RE7. not that RE7 was bad but it was lacking content. I cant replay that game for some side weapons.
Is it true the president daughter doesn't have boob jiggle at all or is that just the german/jap version or someshit. I hear the U.S version which i'm from still has it and blowing off heads.

Maybe I played RE1 wrong but I only killed when I could because of the shitty C.heads. I hear they didnt exist in the first version.
If so I hope they dont add them or make a mode without them in RE2 and RE3 remake.

question was RE2/3 more action at least then one? I know RE2 has a much better story because of the writer they got and a lot of shit went into it so i'm hyped to play the remake for the first time. everyone hypes it up so much. but what about 3? is it not as good?
>>
>>166824679

RE2 has lots of action and gives you a ton of ammo. RE3 is pretty good and introduces a ton of mechanics that get completely ignored in later titles
>>
>>166824358
Yeah that's pretty much the intended strat, though there are a few cute setpieces with Jack.

-the wall: AFAIK as long as he's in the trapdoor room and you're in the hallway on the other side, he'll smash through the wall just like in the trailers

-dining room table: he'll smash that table if you get it between you and him

-leg dismemberment: there's at least another opportunity for this to happen, but if Jack attacks you in the trapdoor room while you're about to escape, he can straight up chop your leg off. The game uses this as a bit of a tutorial break to remind you about the importance of healing (as well as provide an in-game idea of how Ethan could get his hand grafted back on so easily), and also helps to flesh out Jack's character at this point in the game as king psychopath.

>>166824679
2 is significantly more action packed thanks to engine improvements allowing for a greater number of on-screen zombies, alongside the more aggressive gunplay. A good way to think of it is that it's the Aliens to RE1's Alien; you're confronting a danger that has significant strength in numbers.

3, building off of some stuff seen in 2, properly introduces the notion of a semi-persistent stalker to Resident Evil and between that and the semi-randomized item distribution it's a game designed to bend you over and fuck you raw over the smallest fuckup.
>>
>>166824897
huh cool, I read up on it and it said that it was completely remade but the final version couldn't handle more than 7 zombies while the first version looked like shit but had like 20.

wonder if they will change it.
>>
>>166825102
huh I like alien more but in this case sounds good. 1 remake was just too stressful couldn't have fun even though it was a good game. I cant handle stress and tons of puzzles/ micromanagement. not like that anyway. It didn't really have a GREAT story but it was the first one so its cool.
I played jill and ended it, it seemed Chris was just plain harder and no story difference but Rebecca who I didnt know existed. jills costumes was a nice touch but I wouldn't replay it. Is jill EVER repayable? I know 5 has Chris but I never saw jill till rev. Why not make such a more popular character that got into thing like MVC2 not have another main game? unless i'm wrong and 3 has her.

But anyway is re4 on the pc in the U.S version censored at all?
>>
>>166825459
Chris isn't 100% harder in the remake compared to the original, instead he's more of a direct confrontation sort of playstyle. Still if you felt Jill was stressful, I dunno what to say about Chris other than enjoy your inventory micromanagement. By comparison 2 isn't as big on the inventory micro but there are some stress moments from time to time.

Jill stars in 3 and she's a bit of a secondary character plotwise for 5 (she's playable in a DLC prologue chapter, but her absence later on is kinda plot relevant). Honestly if you want to complain about popular characters disappearing into thin air look at how long it took Barry to return in an actual RE game with Revelations 2.

As for censorship of RE4, can't say I've ever heard of that ever being a thing, so presumably it isn't? Bigger concern is that on some platforms RE4 gets kinda hokey, I believe PC had issues where the framerate was so fast it'd break QTEs. Might want to research that before jumping on it.
>>
File: 1485465239087.png (67KB, 854x847px) Image search: [Google]
1485465239087.png
67KB, 854x847px
Just beat the game last night and I haven't started my second playthrough yet but can someone tell me if the Albert-01 uses regular handgun ammo or does it use special ammo?
>>
>>166826131
regular ammo lad.
It probably can be fed enhanced ammo too on that note, it already 2 shots everything with regular ammo though.
>>
>>166825901
well the RE 4 hd on the pc I hear is the best version. I think it got some patches.
As for jill I find that highly odd, I mean I always thought she was super popular among RE fans.
Why is she a secondary in 3 you cant play her?
also thank god about 2 not having as much inventory stuff, unless they change it.

Also re4 did have censorship, it was a big deal in japan where they took out head recapations and her boob jiggle in Europe. Its the land of the free kept everything but maybe toned down a bit of the boob jiggle but at least they didnt get rid of it completely where it looks unrealistic or just shitty solid.
>>
>>166442390
Which resident evil would you start a family with?

Chris for me
>>
>>166801201
Then why does intel say there is a small window for the serum to work. 3 years does not seem like a small window.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 212x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 212x336px
>a few days have passed
>still can't make myself play it because I'm fucking scared.

Why did I buy this...
>>
>>166835064
No she's main in 3. The entirety of RE3 is her getting the fuck out of Raccoon City during the time frame roughly moments prior to and after the events of RE2.

In RE5 she's relegated to plot stuff mostly because plot. She's straight up MIA, with the Lost in Memories DLC elaborating on the events that led up to that, and saying anything more is pretty much spoiler territory.

At any rate, 2 is more forgiving with inventory by starting both characters with 8 slots with the ability to upgrade to 10 for at least one of them (depending on which character you have pick up the side pack), it smooths out character differences such that Claire gets to lockpick small key locks as well as get the grenade launcher, while Leon can upgrade each of his guns with the appropriate upgrade parts giving him an arsenal that can carry through all portions of the game and then some. Their routes are still quite different from one another but they don't have as pronounced a playstyle difference as Jill vs Chris.

Also I would argue that the Redfields are consistently more popular than Jill considering Code Veronica's plot revolves around resolving Claire's search for her brother Chris, with the two of them being the main playable characters of that game. Still, Jill and Chris are sort of a package deal under most circumstances, canonically they're that tightly knit.
>>
>>166835897
Under most cases of infection, the infected would be rapidly consumed by the super mold and turn into a Molded or similar entity. It's acknowledged that because this is what the usual infection process tends to play out as (as opposed to Eveline using the mold with a semblance of restraint to as to bend the subject's will to her desires), there's no real viable way to cure someone with the serum, more often than not it's going to be a mercy kill / disposal method.

Simply put, the longer you wait, the more it becomes a roll of the dice as more and more of your physiology may have been replaced by fungal material. And that's when Eveline's playing nice in looking for new members for her surrogate family.

It's also probably worth noting that both Jack and Marg were ultimately killed off after they underwent a noticeable physiological mutation; it's that point where the subject probably goes from still likely curable (but also very likely a roll of the dice) to pretty much unconditionally fucked.
>>
File: re7-redfield.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
re7-redfield.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
[Spoiler]fuck everything.[spoiler/]
>>
>>166839146
Whoops.
>>
>>166823479
Hard to tell. Chris is in his 40s at this point. That guy looked 20
>>
File: IMG_2431.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2431.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
>>166839146

Looks more like Hunk than Chris
>>
File: 20170129071850_1.jpg (82KB, 960x921px) Image search: [Google]
20170129071850_1.jpg
82KB, 960x921px
FUCK

NOPE
>>
>>166836124
oh ok I hear RE2 has the biggest story and is "movie like" which was the plan for the game and the writer. Is it true for this day and age? Also both characters have completely different stories right?
>>
>>166842748
who is this and what games was he in?
>>
>>166843310

It's Hunk. He had a side story in RE2 and then was relegated as a character in mercenaries mode for a bunch of other games. Pic is his Mercs ending in RE3
>>
>>166843458
mercenaries mode is in 3? I didnt even know there was plot in that mode
>>
>>166843458

I should also mention he works for Umbrella
>>
>>166843576

There isn't a plot. You just get story bits detailing what everyone else is doing after then events of RE2. Leon, Claire, Barry, and Chris have them too iirc
>>
>>166842748
So is he evil Chris, should be interesting with ethen getting tricked.
maybe he will wind up killing mia and ethen will go on a revenge arc.
>>
>>166842509
To be fair RE7's visual aesthetic is rather different from that of prior games, so this could just be what he looks like within the RE engine.

>>166843202
It's definitely paced more like a summer blockbuster film, but while still following the framework of vintage RE. There are two parts to the game, scenarios A and B, each of which can be played by one of the two main characters resulting in 4 permutations of events each with differing details. Between each combination I'd describe the tone as alternating between Aliens and Terminator, and they each tell a different facet of the overall story. I believe Claire A Leon B is what is considered canonical within the lore, but Leon A Claire B does have its own twists.

I do think 2 and 3 together form the most impactful bit of lore development in the franchise since the Raccoon City incident is pretty much the defining example of biohazard dangers in the world of Resident Evil and is the standard by which all other sorts of outbreaks and bioterror are measured by.
>>
>>166843963

Pretty much. I would assume he's collecting Ethan and possibly Mia so Umbrella can examine them
>>
>>166559319
there's an easy mode if you just want to enjoy the experience.
>>
>>166844112
Whats gonna suck is the anime look will be gone. jill might look ugly unless they make her a 10/10 in a realistic way. jill in rev 1 had a huge ass would be funny if they included that.

Also its cool to wait for both remakes of 2 and 3 having never played it.
>>
I actually think ethan could be a cool main character, he feel more down to earth and hes already married. A odd main character to make.
>>
How did the main character of re7 survive the entire night when he's just a normal dude?
>>
File: Chris vs Boulder.gif (804KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Chris vs Boulder.gif
804KB, 500x281px
If that actually is Chris at the end I'm going to be really disappointed. I fucking love roided up Chris from RE5 and RE6.
>>
>>166844619
Ethan wields the power of DO IT FOR HER.
>>
>>166844619
well he did use steroids
>>
>>166844619
He seems like the thinking man unlike Chris or leon.
he might wind up the nerd of RE.
>>
File: ass experiment room.png (54KB, 776x585px) Image search: [Google]
ass experiment room.png
54KB, 776x585px
you know what'd be rad?

capcom not only jumping the shark but also doing it in the raddest possible way and making a game that ties the dino crisis games and the RE games together

I want to play as regina vs BOWs and jill vs raptors

>>166844619
the outbreak cast was mostly normal people save for mark, kevin, and david, and they did great
>>
Did we ever find out what Ethan looks like? he seems like a man in his 40s because he had a bit of white hair I think. and you know what for some reason they nailed it because I thought he would look like that.
>>
>>166845543
how is leon not intelligent
>>
>>166845673
>implying Dino Crisis isn't canon in the Capcomverse

Now if you want to go full retard, let's suggest that because Akuma is in Tekken 7 that Capcom games and Namco games all take place in the same world unless explicitly stated otherwise.
>>
What's so special about the Makarov pistol? Which pistol is the best? I thought it was the m1911 that was the best?
>>
What would happen if Chris or Leon replaced Ethan in RE7? How fast would they make it through the game?
>>
>>166846073
it wouldn't be too alien for RE

I mean, a bunch of monsters and people with superpowers fighting each other all over the world?

wave it off as viruses n shit
>>
>>166846480
Chris would have broken Mia's chainsaw by blocking with his balled up fists and cucked Jack and punched him instead.
Leon would probably have been about the same except with a bunch of smart ass one liners.
>>
I'm about to go fight lucas.

Do you go back to the main house again, or is that it? I have a repair kit so I wanna know if I should go back now and get that shotgun repaired or just wait and get it later.
>>
>>166849571
After Lucas' area, there's a point of no return when you rescue Mia and Zoe, so go get it now.
>>
>>166849982
thanks for the heads up anon, back I go again.
>>
File: 1475046266215.png (113KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1475046266215.png
113KB, 720x644px
Welcome to the family son
>>
>>166844619
He's ex Umbrella
>>
>>166568064
I agree with you but I can't think of any possible alternative for horror games to use to dying and going back to the last checkpoint. The problem is that true horror is in the unknown. The reason most horror games/movies fall apart towards the end is that they have to reveal plot details to progress the story, and that lessens the mystery, and therefore lessens the scary quality.
The horror in a survival game comes from your mind asking "What will happen if I get caught by the monster?" The moment that question is answered (getting killed and respawning) the fear is gone.
Horror is done best in short, not fully fleshed out, moments. The Beginning Hour demo is a good example of that. But it falls apart when writers/developers try to make a full narrative of it.
>>
File: IMG_6850.jpg (71KB, 598x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6850.jpg
71KB, 598x522px
Those of you that experienced madhouse, what would you recommend I do after beating the game on normal to maximize enjoyment of the game:
- replay on madhouse immediately
- go for the speed run on normal/easy
- go for no healing on normal/easy
- go for no storage on normal/easy
>>
>>166853028
Madhouse and no storage in one run
>>
>>166853531
I'm worried about starting something frustratingly difficult that will turn me away from continuing the game.
>>
>>166853892
Then do madhouse with something easier. Like collecting all coins and bobble heads.
>>
>>166854498
Is madhouse really touch without unlocking other unlockables first?
I'll probably do what you just suggested, I'm just scared.
>>
>>166853028
Just beat madhouse for infinite ammo and do comfy runs after.

Expect atleast 20 hours on your first madhouse playthrough
>>
>>166854618
It might be tough but it's definitely doable without the bonuses. And like >>166854873 said, your next run should be madhouse regardless just for infinite ammo.
>>
>>166856047
From what I've heard about Madhouse it just seems like a joy to play in general due to rearranging stuff on top of imposing such an oldschool challenge as limited save tokens.

...that is, assuming you have the balls for such a game.

But hey, I was one of the people who thought Alien Isolation should've had its own equivalent of ink ribbons, so clearly I'm up for this challenge as soon as I get the game on PC and make up all my progress made in the XBOne version because I'm a filthy peasant who didn't buy into the free Win10 meme back in the day and consequently missed out on cross-play fun times.
>>
>>166850350
I hope someone mad a jack pepe, im surprised it hasn't been done.
>>
>>166859408
They have, someone will have to post it though.
>>
File: 1483972072506.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1483972072506.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>tfw too poor to buy re7
>tfw keep hearing about how it is actually good

wish i saved that 60 i paid for re6 on launch
>>
>First run of the game was on madhouse
>wasn't that hard outside 1 boss fight
I still found the game to be pretty tense like playing stalker so I didn't run unless I really needed and I took it slow but once you know how the spawning works then its kinda a joke.

Like after the first jack fight I used my 3 coins on the key and if you enter the door before he gets too you he just leaves you along till you get the other boss fight. The same goes for the molded too depending on what your doing at the time you can run pass them all and hit a new event trigger and they won't be in the room when you get back
>>
I've found one Solid Fuel in the insect area so far. Are there any more? I've run out of flamer ammo and there's still nests.
>>
>>166862019
>after the first jack fight I used my 3 coins on the key
What do you mean by that? What key?
>>
>>166862105
You'll find more. And on top of that you'll probably find more burner fuel than you'd ever need if you press on.

That is, assuming you haven't been pissing it away like a dumbass.
>>
Really liked the happy birthday segment. Reminded me a lot of Code Veronica.
>>
>>166862228
Well it seems to take around 60 to destroy a nest. I took out a couple of nests and the spiders on a cabinet. Oh, and a swarm that was just hovering in the air.
>>
>>166862105
On madhouse I found about 3? fuels laying around and some cans of the stuff that's more then enough to deal with that area so if your playing on normal you should have a bunch more
>>
>>166862406
Where exactly. I've just got to the point when the old bitch shuts the door in your face after Mia gets dragged away. I can't see any more fuel anywhere. Going anywhere near the nests that remain really fucks me up so it's hard to search.
>>
>>166862219
The scorpion key in the main lobby that needs 3 coins
>>
>>166862505
Off the top of my head there should be a can in the same room you see mia get dragged away on somewhere but I might be wrong but I know there is something in that room. in the crawl space (with the bugs falling on you) there should be more fuel at the end of that on the floor. If you *really* need more ammo of flame rounds make sure you go back to the main house once you get the raven key.
>>
>>166862797
Okay, found a few more. I didn't realise you could destroy nests with other weapons. I had it in my head that it was like in REmake where you used the spray to kill the hornet nest.

Man, I feel so bad at this game. I take damage all the time. I'm not amazing at the originals but I tend to very rarely take any damage in them. Here all sorts of shit gets me.
>>
>>166862541
Well I'm confused. Is it different in Madhouse then? I got the Scorpion Key from the basement area.
>>
>>166864951

Madhouse has a few extra items you can buy, the scorpion key among them.
>>
>>166865035
Man, Madhouse sounds simultaneously really good and really shit.
>>
>>166864746
Well for the bugs they will almost always hit you (well for me that happen on madhouse) and the nests cost even more ammo to take care of so your best bet might be cleaning one next on one of the paths and just stick to that. Or get used to running away and closing the door behind you.
>>
So do the things carry over in NG+? Is the flamethrower effective against the molded? I haven't used it since the old house.
>>
>>166865465
I thought the birdcages were underused in the main game, but I'm not sure how much I like the idea of using them to troll the player by having mansion keys locked inside of them.

On one hand it sorta makes sense thematically as a way for the Bakers to torment Ethan, on another it feels excessively videogamey to have to collect a collectable to unlock progression.

Last thing I ever want to think of when playing RE is Jiggy hunting.

>>166866790
Burner is comically jank against the Molded, but I get the feeling there's actually a use for it against them that I'm not quite getting. Like, the damage returns feel garbage, yet there's something in there that I think makes it useful.

It might stunlock them? I don't think I've had a Molded successfully attack through burner flames.

Thing is I dunno if there's another use for it, the idea of the burner being that jank yet the player can still make and find ammo for it just doesn't set right with me, makes me feel I'm missing some sort of trick with it.
>>
>>166865465
It's just really good. People overstate the difficulty heavily. They throw save items at you, and having the Albert replica and 50% block damage reduction you get from beating it on normal make combat easier. The only real hardship is ammo scarcity but if you play it like a classic RE and run past every enemy you can it isn't a problem. Hell, I finished my madhouse run with over 100 pistol cartridges in storage.

Jack is fucking phenomenal on madhouse though, really sad he isn't like that on normal.
>>
>>166867091
The key only requires three coins, and isn't necessary to progress. All it unlocks is the foyer shortcut to the basement and the broken shotgun so you can come back whenever you have three coins at no real cost.
>>
File: 2976485-residentevil0-9.jpg (92KB, 720x1207px) Image search: [Google]
2976485-residentevil0-9.jpg
92KB, 720x1207px
I like how many nods there are to earlier RE without it seeming forced if you haven't played them. I mean, the shotgun/broken shotgun thing is clearly right from RE1 but wouldn't come across as WITTY REFERENCE if you didn't know any better. On a slightly subtler level, the flamethrower was also in RE1 but as something only Barry used in an optional cutscene if you played as Jill. Chris got it to fight spiders, which is similar to getting it in the insect-infested shithole in 7.

There's that book written by the ex-director of the BSAA that you find in the living room, too. The most blatant one has to be the painting of the Arklay Mountains in the main hall.
>>
>>166866790
The flamethrower is maybe the worst weapon in the game next to the smg. It doesn't stun or knock back the damage is too slow your better off getting head shots with the pistol or just landing headshots with the shotgun
>>
>>166867953
jack himself felt very much like a homage to nemesis, and the boat part at the end especially the mia part felt very much like revelations, it had a little something from every game but still managed to feel unique
>>
>no ending where you give cures to both the girls
>Ethan goes without and becomes a tentacle monster
>tentacle kaiju battle to replace the shitty final boss
>game ends with a tentacle threesome in an Umbrella lab while science guys look on approvingly
Why couldn't Capcom come up with this, and how soon can they rectify it with DLC?
>>
>>166868396
Well I haven't finished it so maybe I'm just stating the obvious or missing something else, but they're basically Tyrants. They used to be normal humans, they keep on coming back over and over again, they're super strong.
>>
>>166844619
He's infected just like the Baker family is but the head honcho doesn't like him so tries to kill him instead of controlling him. If it weren't for his magical regeneration he wouldn't have even made it out of the house.
>>
JILL'S LYRCA ASS
>>
Why am I having so much trouble on Normal? Am I that bad?
>>
Who is the best RE girl and why is it Carla?
>>
>>166873695
The molded zombie things go down in just a few headshots. Jack can be kited around quite a lot. If you close doors behind you and crouch down behind things, he'll lose you. Running past enemies is really recommended but you have to really commit to it and not just get knocked about as you attempt it. You can also despawn them by retreating back to a door, shutting it, waiting. Then when you run through that area again, they won't (or usually won't) respawn again that time.
>>
>>166874204
Wow definitely could've used this when I started my playthrough. I've been killing everything and praying to find ammo
>>
File: Sherry6a.jpg (47KB, 298x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry6a.jpg
47KB, 298x600px
>>166874118

Nah bro.
>>
Why did the Bakers reattach Ethan's arm?
>>
>>166874965
>Letting a family member be gimped.
They were being considerate.
>>
>>166874118
leon is best grill
>>
>>166874817
adult sherry was the only redeeming aspect of re6
>>
>>166875337
Does Leon have a smooth and shaved boy pussy?
>>
File: latest.png (538KB, 834x840px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
538KB, 834x840px
>>166874817
Yah bro
>>
>>166875604

I actually thought most of the cast in RE6 was decent. About the only thing I liked about the game, outside a few setpieces.
>>
>tfw too intelligent to dislike RE6
>>
>>166875612
yes

but he has a cute hairy tummy
>>
>>166442390
RE7 is such a good game, holy shit even just normal mode is intense as fuck

Gotta love when a Molded just keeps coming at you while you empty your gun into it's head, the last shot in the magazine to be the one that blows the fucker's head away just as it gets up close and tries attacking

Maybe it's because I played it baked out of my mind and it inflated my opinion

Either way I almost came when a Samurai Edge dropped beside me and someone told me to use it as the final boss loomed above
>>
>>166875947
I know this feel.
>>
man after going from playing RE1 to RE7 and now to RE4 its like I just skipped to 3 different games. RE4 has a shit ton of more content though. 3 mins in and I got the shotgun and rifle. and you can buy the rocket. I'm at the fucking fish 2 hours in. fuck this fish its the first boss too.

I really like the buying thing, I guess re7 TRIED to do it but there was no content really weapon wise.

Any tips on this fucking fish and unlike the other two I might 100% complete it for all the modes and weapons if its no speed running shit.
I feel like playing re7 again is pointless unless they add more content and take out the beginning parts. wish you could just start right at the first save room.
>>
>>166877987
Also I must saying the way you move and aim in RE4 took me a few minutes to get the hang of it, its kinda awkward at first, even more so from going from re7 and even re1.
>>
File: barrysmile_lg.jpg (11KB, 250x260px) Image search: [Google]
barrysmile_lg.jpg
11KB, 250x260px
>>166874118
you're wrong

anyone who played RE1 knows exactly who best girl is
>>
Also I guess you can say since I miss out on these games, should I play the remake of zero after re4? I hear its fucking hard. and I have CV on the ps2 and I think its the best version right? I hear thats just as hard.

I'm waiting for the remakes of 2 and 3 but holy shit I'm on a roll with these games I don't remember the last time I beat 2 games in a row and now 3.
They really are addicting.
>>
>>166878131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PIpqTc8UhE
jill and her huge ass and boobs is best.
please keep this canon.
>>
>>166878407
and I didn't beat it yet but that shit in 3d was crazy
>>
>>166878297
0 isn't so much hard as it is

well

frustrating

the item juggling system is pure, unfiltered hell

also CV can either be really fucking hard or really fucking easy(with a really hard final boss) depending on whether or not you using the knife to cheese the game

and I'd honestly play 2 and 3 now since RE2make seems a bit far off and RE3make will probably happen way, way later, if at all
>>
>>166878782
Well after re1 I don't think I could handle zero..

and for CV ill try it snice I have the ps2 version.

but I would rather wait for 2 and 3 remake, I would rather play them for the first time in a better version since its happening.

I have no desire to play 5 I watched it and I hated it. jill should've been your partner instead of some randy black women.
>>
i wanna keep playing re7 but it's late and i'm scared
>>
Man I really felt bad for poor Jack. Seemed like a really nice dude. Fuck that little bitch.
>>
File: Crying a lot.jpg (240KB, 1050x703px) Image search: [Google]
Crying a lot.jpg
240KB, 1050x703px
>>166880150
>Tries to calm you down when he finally can talk to you candidly.
>This was just a kind gentle ex marine, football enthusiast father.
>>
File: 929198_20080820_screen010.jpg (528KB, 1687x3596px) Image search: [Google]
929198_20080820_screen010.jpg
528KB, 1687x3596px
ATTENTION: Anybody up for a Resident Evil 5 coop playthrough on PC (steam) tonight?
>>
>>166877927
Let's feel this feel together.
>>
>>166880150
He had a good voice actor actually, he really nailed the part. best part in the game if you ask me.
>>
Just finished it.

Got spooked maybe once or twice, but overall it was a comfy run.

Feels good being numb to horror after 20 years of horror vidya
>>
File: HUNK.jpg (248KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
HUNK.jpg
248KB, 640x360px
>>166843310

An Umbrella Security Service Operative that makes Chris and Leon look like Rent-A-Cops.
>>
File: demifiend beyond rage.jpg (134KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
demifiend beyond rage.jpg
134KB, 709x709px
>>166880150

Eveline isn't any more responsible for this than Jack or his family. The people who made Eveline a monster from Stage 4 Embryogenesis. They're the ones that need to pay for what they've done.
>>
>>166889336
You and others keep trying to sympathize with Evelyn as if she's any more deserving of sympathy than literally any other victim in the game. Every zombie in every game used to be a person etc etc.
>>
File: purge it.png (126KB, 352x390px) Image search: [Google]
purge it.png
126KB, 352x390px
>>166892640

That's another nice thing about this game. While I haven't played every game in the series (notably 3 and Code Veronica) I have pretty much never sympathized with the victims of BOWs in other games.

I guess maybe it's because I've always considered those victims to be dead. T-Virus infection results in complete loss of upper brain function. Plagas parasitism is more similar but honestly I can't even sympathize with a real life angry mob let alone a fictional one.

I don't sympathize with the Molded but other than them every relationship in this game is heavily personal. It's not a whole city of faceless nameless zombies trying to kill you. It's a family of homely rural people whose only mistake was helping strangers.

That's not to disagree with what you're saying, mind you. You have a valid point. I've just never really cared about the shambling corpses I've been exterminating because they're not people. The Bakers, even under the thrall of Mold, are still people aware of their actions. Not even death can free them.

In Eveline's case she was born a monster. It's not as if she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She didn't just happen to get infected with something while conscious and capable of making decisions. She was exposed to, and intergrated with, a biological weapon during embryonic development. It has always tainted her cognition. As both a child and the victim of a biological weapon she was never capable of being responsible for her actions.
>>
>>166550439
It took me 16 and a half hours on my first playthrough..
>>
>>166639091
nah the story requires it.

he's the burnt corpse you find the code on.
>>
>>166738696
>running shoes

I beat madhouse mode and didnt get this.
>>
I beat the game on normal in 9hr45min but it still gave me shoes of some kind in the end as well as the Albert (which totally isn't a Samurai Edge)
>>
>>166895118
the walking shoes are your reward for a 4 hour run along with the saw lol
>>
well i'm about to be done with re7, 35 hrs in, doing a last run to enjoy those hard earned unlockables, maybe a legit madhouse after that
that was a very good ride, especially for the price i paid
>>
>>166742174
>I'm hoping that's the case to. It seems pretty obvious that Blue Umbrella were watching the Bakers for quite some time. The radio in the Salt Mines is tuned to their communications frequency (which is probably encrypted). They were probably the ones that tinkered with Lucas' head and allowed him to retain control.

there are two corporations at work here.

There's the one that mia worked for, which made the E-series weapon, and another corporation, which was responsible for the outbreak, which Lucas was working with. Which was umbrella and which is the other is up to debate. I think the Lucas one is the non-umbrella one though, since they had the "are they watching us" picture of umbrella. Umbrella probably made the bio-weapon and somebody else tried to steal it.

also, anyone get the idea that both mia and ethan were into some time of corporate espionage without the other party being aware? he's too cool with this stuff (and, lets be honest, he's pretty competent with a gun). Also, why do they never directly show his face? There were plenty of opportunities where it would have been intuitive, but he's intentionally obscured. You can say its to let the player self identify with him, but they show enough to show him as a specific archetype so why?
>>
>>166895256
i got the 3 hour run on madhouse mode and got the saw and the glasses, no shoes.
>>
>>166895476
oh thats right, the shoes are from all the mr everywheres, the x ray glasses are 4 hours or less
>>
>>166894197
How we feel about BOW's is irrelevant to how we should treat them. Should Evelyn be given a chance to exist? Given her potential to end numerous lives, no. She should be killed.

The big bad guys are the scientists that created her though, agreed.
>>166895416
What evidence indicates that Lucas and Mia are working for different organizations?
>>
>>166895416

>There's the one that mia worked for, which made the E-series weapon, and another corporation, which was responsible for the outbreak, which Lucas was working with. Which was umbrella and which is the other is up to debate. I think the Lucas one is the non-umbrella one though, since they had the "are they watching us" picture of umbrella. Umbrella probably made the bio-weapon and somebody else tried to steal it.

I'm not so sure. The Umbrella logo on the helicopter is very clearly the Umbrella Corps logo except blue rather than red. Umbrella Corps is a mercenary organization that retrieves and eliminates BOWs for other corporations and doesn't ask a lot of questions. I've played a bit of the Umbrella Corps game and they do seem to have ulterior motives involving resurgence. In RE7 they may be working directly for the Corporation that created the E-Series. Documents later in the game state that the E-Series was intended to ship with two handlers as well: Mia and Alan. I'm assuming that Mia does not work for Umbrella.

>also, anyone get the idea that both mia and ethan were into some time of corporate espionage without the other party being aware?

What confuses me is the way Redfield and the Umbrella Mercs treated Ethan and Mia. In the game Umbrella Corps the organization is very obviously ruthless and values efficiency over ethics much like their predecessor. If Ethan and Mia weren't important to their job they would probably have just allowed them both to die or be executed them on the spot.

Also, the name "Ethan W." pops up one other time in the series: On a list of personnel Wesker supposedly had killed just before RE5. Not sure if it's him but the guy apparently had Level 9 Security Clearance.
>>
>>166896452
Well a likely reason that they helped Ethan is that he's still infected / of scientific interest to them. They have orders to take any survivors alive to study.
>>
>>166896665

I would think they would forcefully detain and quarantine any infected individuals.
>>
Was there any reason for me picking up the wooden toy ax and gun?
>>
>>166897049
Maybe so, but they have access to serums so I doubt they see Ethan as a significant threat, and capcom could be pulling a fast one on us by making them come across as friendly at the end of 7.
>>
>>166897156
Take the wooden shotgun and replace it with the broken shotgun that you placed to get the pump shotgun. Now you can use a repair kit on the broken shotgun
>>
>>166897156
toy axe is used in the courtyard to get a stabilizer so yes
>>
>>166897590
Is this only in madhouse difficulty?
>>
File: Welcome to the family, Son.png (1MB, 996x516px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to the family, Son.png
1MB, 996x516px
>>
>>166897219
fuck i'm dumb. never even thought of that

>>166897590
elaborate, please. I don't even remember this being an option. how does axe = stabilizer?
>>
>>166897816
I'm not him but I believe there is a shadow projector puzzle that requires the axe?? I don't know where it is and I haven't seen it, so I could be dead wrong. I just read about it vaguely on 4chan
>>
File: 20170129042658_1.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170129042658_1.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone tell me what creates the lines and pixelation on shadows like this? It's driving me nuts.
I have most settings maxed, running at 60fps, so whats the deal
>>
Knowing Capcom and Resident Evil, I would have no doubt that 'Chris Redfield' will show up in RE8 or some shit, and when asked he'll drop the 'bomb' that Chris was his father, and he was named after him.
>>
>>166898907
I'd rather that, or anything else, happen than them just retconning Chris's physical appearance
>>
>>166895416
>>166896452

HCF, Weker's private army, were involved in the creation of Eveline. Given his history with Umbrella, it isn't too likely they'd be working with together. The real question is why this mystery organization left Eveline with the Bakers. They obviously knew where she was, and leaving an experimental, expensive bio-weapon running around doesn't seem all that clever.
>>
>>166899072
What game implicates Wesker's organization into RE7?
>>
>>166899072
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case of Umbrella leaving her because "We like doing really fucked up unethical shit to humans" and the Bakers made themselves guinea pigs for Eveline
>>
>>166899209

RE7 itself?

>This project was instigated in 2000 as one of several concepts for the company's NEXBAS (next-generation experimental battlefield superiority) initiative, working with technical assistance from H.C.F, to develop a bioweapon for neutralizing combatants en masse with minimal direct contact.
>>
>>166899432
Wasn't H. C. F. Redacted from that passage? Which game talks about Wesker's connection to HCF? I'm not doubting you I'm just curious.
>>
>>166898017
if you come outside the trailer, directly to your top right there is some bushes you can walk past that hide the little toy ax puzzle.
>>
File: 20170129051210_1.jpg (319KB, 1916x1053px) Image search: [Google]
20170129051210_1.jpg
319KB, 1916x1053px
>>166898734
>>166898734
>>166898734
Anybody?? It seriously looks like all my shadows have scanlines, and I've tried every setting in game and in Nvidia control panel.
It's giving me a headache because every single leaf has this shit
>>
>>166900308

Update drivers, turn down anti-aliasing and restart the game.
>>
>>166899585

CODE: Veronica has him mention being the leader of the forces that attacked the island, and he has HCF logo on the little bio sheet in the battle mini-game. It's also confirmed in one of the guide books.
>>
So it took me about 10 hours to finish blind on my first play through and I see a lot of people calling it short. My question is when did 10 hours for a game thats not open world become short? I've always played by the rule of thumb that AAA no open world games are 8+ hours most of the time. Shit I beat Spec Ops The Line in 7 hours and that was with a bunch of dying. I legitimately don't understand how this became an issue. The game is not perfect but horror games are generally not very long and think that this was a weird criticism.
>>
So why doesn't this have Mercenary/Raid mode? Missed opportunity right there. Could have also immensly increased replay value.
>>
>>166904304

Probably because they started to run out of budget somewhere around the time they started working on the Salt Mine.
>>
>>166904282
I blame it on the proliferation of Ubisoft-style open world games. People bitch about them, then turn around and talk shit about any game that doesn't include 30 hours of collectathon filler trash.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (200KB, 957x1645px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
200KB, 957x1645px
Where's the goddamn fuse? I've been everywhere
>>
>>166889336
>It's not Eveline's fault, it's her creators'
This is a pretty well known argument in ethics.
Is a child responsible for doing wrong or do we blame the parents and environmental factors in their upbringing? If we blame the parents then at what point does the child become responsible for their own behaviour?
There's no simple answer. Putting all the blame on the scientists who made her is as dumb as putting all the blame on Eveline.
>>
>>166906221
Think back to when you had to open the door on the first floor.
>>
>>166906324
Oh shit, all-new re-usable fuse technology, that's a first
>>
>>166904304
They were trying to distance themselves from the action-focus the last few games had. Any kind of death match/horde mode would have come too close to that.
>>
So when will we get a HTC Vive or OR support for REVII?

I see poople play it with PSVR.
>>
I've got to the bit where Marguerite is chasing me and I'm about 5 hours in. I have to raise that walkway somehow. How far through the game is this?
>>
>>166906709
It's true they were trying to distance themselves from the TPS era brought on by 4, but RE has had a more silly action modes from RE2 onwards. While Mercenaries was standardised in RE4 into the minigame we know today, it first appeared in RE3. RE2 had a Extreme Battle.

I think they could've got away with something that wasn't as arcadey as RE4 with enemies dropping piles of glowing money or whatever, but was more like an endless survival mode, a sandbox mode, or a gauntlet mode that's akin to Raid mode in Revelations.
>>
>>166906417
Well just for the record, RE has had reusable "puzzle items" before. One example that comes to mind is the "Metal Emblem" or whatever it's called. In REmake you use it to access the area behind the mansion. Later in the game you get another one. You then take the one you used earlier out, then put them both in the door behind the main hall staircase to proceed to the later areas of the game. But yeah, I agree it's not intuitive within games to do that.
>>
>>166908354
Roughly half way through I'd say.
>>
Wait, so who was the girl's corpse you remove the arm from?
>>
>>166898907
I'm guessing they'll go the son route but it doesn't make much sense. It would mean Chris has been hiding the fact he has a son the whole series. That vaguely made sense for Jake in RE6 because Wesker made so many backup plans but not for Chris.
>>
>>166899072
>your escaped bio weapon has holed up in the bayou and is happy to stay there, torturing a small group of people for years
>this gives you the opportunity to get plenty of field data on the weapon and how it affects victims in the long term
Makes sense to me
>>
I don't know why I was so surprised when this worked.
>>
>>166898907
That's the kind of thing I'd like. I really like RE7 but it feels too removed from the other games in many ways. Sometimes I actually feel like I'm playing a game made by another company that's just been licensed to use the copyright, like Street Fighter EX.

I think tonally it makes sense in the way that you couldn't have an old veteran like Chris, Leon or Jill going around and freaking out like Ethan does. You'd feel too powerful and in control. There's also the sense of repetition in terms of "How can these experienced veterans keep fucking up and ending up in these awful situations?" I just think it's a shame that about 21 years of lore has almost entirely been shelved (for now).
>>
I haven't played it for years but I have a question about RE4. Resi games usually give a strong reason why you're stuck in that particular place. Like the Arklay Mountains are crawling with dogs and who knows what else, so the mansion is relatively safe.

One thing I didn't get in RE4 is that the reason Leon is stuck there is that the bridge is destroyed. But he could still walk either way along the side of the ravine and leave the village in a few minutes. Also, he's in constant contact with Hunnigan. He could and should call for backup from the US Marines or just about any other similar thing in NA or Europe. Do they give a reason why he doesn't? One of the thin threads of hope in RE1 is the radio you find, but it doesn't have any signal until the very end of the game. In RE4 Leon starts with a functioning radio and a contact on the other end.
>>
File: 1474380590847.jpg (10KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474380590847.jpg
10KB, 250x200px
>After the jack boss fight I grab my keys and keep them on me thinking I'm going to get back to my car at some point
>keep the car keys on me during the whole game even when I know I will most likely not return to the car
>On the heli out it hits me that my car was in the first jack fight and was blown up.
>>
>>166911369
>On the heli out it hits me that my car was in the first jack fight and was blown up.
I didn't keep the keys since I got in the car the first time I played but yeah, I noticed that when I did my second playthrough.
>driving at the beginning
>Ethan gets out and I take a look at his car since I hadn't before
>realize after about ten seconds that this is the car in the garage and that's why Jack says "Nice car Ethan."
>>
>>166909437
At some point he loses contact with hunnigan and the first heli they sent over does get shot down ( along with the next one) I don't know why they wasn't able to send in a team of marines or anything like that at the only thing that stopped them from doing something like that was ash but once leon got her they might had been able to sit tight some where and waited. The only other thing I could think of was that they both needed a cure thus making them look for it but that wasn't a thing till much later in the game
>>
who's the spookiest baker and why's it marg
>>
>>166909437

What do you think the response time is for US Marines getting to rural Spain? Probably a few hours at least. Not to mention the fact that the president's daughter is a hostage that could be executed in the event of a full scale raid. They didn't know where she was being kept so that's a No-Go. Then there's also the fact that Leon wasn't sure what was happening. If he expected the villagers might be under the influence of a biological weapon he certainly wouldn't call in the cavalry since that might only compound the problem.
>>
>>166911664
Marg really was not there for anything even in the "dream" she didn't show up (unless she does if you picked mia over zoe?) the only time where I did give a fuck about her was during the boss fight and that was because shooting her under the skirt was really fucking nasty. I found jack to be more funny then spooky and his son was just there. I did find that the old lady/eve to be spooky just because she was just *there* hanging around for the game like anytime she showed up I would give her room and not even point my gun at her.
>>
>>166911967
>Marg really was not there for anything even in the "dream" she didn't show up (unless she does if you picked mia over zoe?)
She doesn't in either which was really surprising and disappointing.
>>
File: file.png (367KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
367KB, 600x450px
What are some good Resident Evil analysis videos on YouTube? I enjoyed this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQGlB1LITGA
>>
File: 1467798997683.jpg (57KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1467798997683.jpg
57KB, 500x365px
So what's the verdict?

RE7 good or what?

I'm a fan of RE1, 2 and 3. The other RE games was too actiony.

Does 7 goes back to the scawie spoopy mansion feel?
>>
>>166912305
>RE7 good or what?
>Does 7 goes back to the scawie spoopy mansion feel?
yes and yes
>>
>>166912305
Yes but maybe not worth 60$/Yes but it can break fairly easy if yo search for it.
>>
>>166912534
What do you mean with "break fairly easy if you search for it"?

Like if I'm searcing for something to scare me?
Like i'm always prepared for it?
>>
A lot of my first playthrough is doubling back for stuff. I'm 4 hours in and just got to the trailer in the yard, is that especially slow?
>>
should i be saving lockpicks for specific locks or na?
>>
>>166912534
Is it at least worth $35?
>>
>>166912667
no not at all i'm 3 hours in and just got into the trailer i find it fun exploring the whole house and the whole area.
>>
>>166912305

>So what's the verdict?
>RE7 good or what?

You'll get a "Yes" from everyone who isn't a /v/ shitposter.
>>
>>166912667
Average playtime for someone not sure of what they're doing is like 8 hours anyway.

>when you realize the whole game spans from sunset to sunrise and that the average time for a casual playthrough without knowing anything in advance believably lasts about as long as real-time nighttime
>>
>mfw exit and load because accidentally pressed RB

dumb fucking idea
>>
>>166914571
That's a constant issue with Xbone controllers for me. I rest my index fingers on the edges of LB/RB so I can reach LT/RT quickly. It was never a problem on 360 controllers. But now LB/RB respond to pressure from the side of the button so I'm always pressing them by accident.
>>
>>166908354
>>166908884
I'd say it's more like 2/5ths

He's in the swampy bug house right, so he's still got the greenhouse, the kid's room, the keycards and party, the docks, the boat, and the cave

Some of those areas are smaller then the others but that's still a shitload of content

>>166913997
Was about 14 hours for me but I save scum'd and re-tried a lot of areas many times to see what I could get away with as far as hoarding resources / not spending bullets
>>
File: 20170130035447_1.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170130035447_1.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>these are in the prologue

No way to go back and get them is there?
>>
>>166914571
I wonder if it'd have been better to use the Rev2 "hold the button to heal" mechanic instead of 7's "tap to juice."

On one hand, juice-tap can be block-canceled, but on the other, hold-to-heal is inherently resilient to accidentally pressing the wrong button.

Probably would've been better to use it like a shift key, a lot harder to fuck up when you have to hold RB and press a face button to confirm you want to use a healing item plus you still retain the ability to block-cancel the animation.
>>
>>166916570
Not until your next playthrough. I think one of them is Sewer Gators. It's in the van when you're walking up to the house
>>
>>166917000
nah it's "list of names" which was apparently next to the bolt cutters and I completely missed it
>>
should I go back to the main house after getting the crow key or keep going?
>>
>>166908354
You know now that its going full realistic we wont have anime girls or costumes anymore.. besides the 2 and 3 remakes.
>>
>>166917802
Finish the bug house first
>>
>>166917802
There's a grenade launcher & supplies in there so go back.
>>
>RE7 exists
>we will never have school girl short shorts wearing Sherrie or Sheva Tribal tier costumes ever again
>>
>>166918262
Which he doesn't need, and it'll save him a massive amount of backtracking to finish the area and unlock the shortcut
>>
Here's a mindfuck:

Why did the "Mia" tape have an apparition of Eveline in it?
>>
>>166918387
There's always the chance of short shorts tribal costume Jack dlc in the future
>>
>>166918450
Because Ethan was infected the whole time, and he hallucinated Eve while watching the tape

8^)
>>
>>166918494
Anon please. I would cum at the sight of that.
>>
>>166918494
God I hope so.
And gangster suits for the mold monsters.
>>
>>166918646

So why did Ethan's hallucination of Eveline say "Over here Mommy" instead of directly addressing Ethan?
>>
In the lab notes you find, it says that Eveline was created in the image of 10 year old girl to seem less threatening and infiltrate refugee populations. But then in the end of course after you stab her with the serum she turns into the granny

So which one was her true form? How come it doesn't mention the granny form in the notes? Am I just an idiot and missed something or what?
>>
>>166918949
I just assumed that because you control whoever is recording each video you're seeing what they saw more than you're watching a tape.
>>
>>166918949
Because she's speaking to the person in the tape, not to ethan
>>
>>166919032
It was mentioned. Lucas' notes in the lab say that she's rapidly aging but he doesn't know why. Assume that because she's an artificial being she was built with a short shelf life.
>>
>>166919413
Reminds me, what's the deal with lucas, he was free from her control the whole time and just being a cannibal murderer for funsies, and he gets away scott free?
>>
>>166919413
Planned Obsolescence.
>>
but who was aunt rhody
>>
>>166919575
He was working for one of the fuck ethics pharmaceutical companies that seem to own RE World. Being ready to do fucked up shit was provably in the job description.
>>
>>166919969
>one of the fuck ethics pharmaceutical companies that seem to own RE World

Just like the real world!
>>
>>166918450
The tape is a framing device, but you play as the characters themselves when you do a tape level.
This means what you see is what the player character sees, while what Ethan sees is just the recording.

That's the true mindfuck, Ethan sees the found footage side of things, but doesn't truly experience the actual moment of the people doing the filming.
>>
>>166919952
She'll answer him like he's the one.
His arms outstretched but when she's done....
>>
>>166919575
Contrary to Jack's insistence, and much as Andre said in the Sewer Gators tape, Lucas was/is a bad seed.

There's notes that demonstrate how even before getting infected he had sociopathic tendencies, which combined with a knack for robotics and other engineering disciplines makes him the kind of guy you expect to shoot up the local school for funsies.
>>
So what do you all expect from the upcoming story DLC stuff? Are we gonna find out what happened to Lucas and Zoe?
>>
>>166919969
Wait is this real?
I have a feeling we are gonna see him again.
He's a genius or something right? thats all I got but didn't know he was just plain crazy and not infected.
>>166920820
So it seems hes either working for umbrella or in hiding? they left him out of the game for a reason im I'm guessing
>>
>>166920820
Its funny because he didn't seem smart at all until you looked into him.
>>
just used 30 shotgun rounds on the marg greenhouse fight
>>
>>166922061
He is infected. That's why when Jack cut his arm off at the start he says "Not again!" He knows he can regenerate.
The company he works for just gave him something to block Eveline's mind control
>>
>>166922061
He's not with Umbrella, he's with a third party.

And it was more like the third party recruited him on the spot to be an observer to things, even his correspondence to his handlers demonstrates how much BOW hoohah is beyond his knowledgebase. So while he "works" for this third party, he's definitely not a full employee in on the loop, he's one of those expendable field-recruited assets.
>>
File: Tentsu_case.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tentsu_case.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>166922826
>he's with a third party.

Tentsu
>>
>>166922826
So If he at least knows whats going on doesn't that mean the third party knew everything.
>>
>>166922715
>The company he works for just gave him something to block Eveline's mind control
>>166922947
>japanese umbrella
oh boy

holy shit.
How did you guys figure this all out with all that blocked out shit. Was there a way to find the answers
>>
>>166922960
Tentsu created eveline, hired mia, and attempted to move mia because the presumably good guys who rescue you at the end of the game was closing in on them. All we know is they look like BSAA but they're described as a "rival company" in one of the files and people earlier in the thread theorized that the redfield you meet is an umbrella clone.
>>
>>166921478
like what else is there besides NOT "Chris".
I'm guessing a before everything story with how the family was changing and you play as zoe.
>>
>>166923234
Wait I fucking thought umbrella was the one behind all this, holy shit I didn't even notice Tentsu or a third party in the files.
>>
>>166923321
I feel pretty confident that the season pass is a bunch of shitty puzzle tapes like birthday party and then some shit involving lucas.

>>166923092
From one of the first computers you use in the cave, you read emails between lucas and his tentsu handler.
>>
>>166922960
Someone was milking the incident for data, that much is certain.

>>166923092
Context clues and a sufficiently high texture resolution, those two things tend to help. Tentsu is an easily missed detail unless you really rub your face into the specimen boxes, though considering the Codices all react to them it does establish some incriminating connections.

Also a willingness to assume that there's no twist with Umbrella here and that they're actually not at fault for causing this incident.

>>166923234
Since the Umbrella Corps are mercenaries working for the highest bidder based on the lore of their eponymous game, it's still possible they represent the interests of a rival company without being that rival.

But on the other hand who knows how much of that applies here, especially with the switch to a heroic blue and white log and whatnot. They could just as well be representing the BSAA's interests in this case, which would also explain Chris's presence without having to bank on theories that while not too ridiculous for this franchise are still kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>166923436

Why would an umbrella helicopter be doing surveillance on one of their own facilities?

>>166593343
>>
>>166923092
I don't think the Lucas file was blocked out. He said whatever drugs they gave him made it hard to think straight but they made it so that Eveline didn't know she wasn't controlling him.

>>166923234
I'd be interested to know about the Tentsu stuff. I didn't see that company name pop up during my playthrough.
But yeah it seems more likely that Redfield is a clone than Chris Jr.
>>
>>166923678
You know I never played 6... is Chris dead?
What about jill?
>>
>>166923779
Oh nevermind looked it up hes alive.
Why would they make a Chris clone like are we going full metal gear like with big boss.
>>
>>166923606
It is a possibility. They make a bioweapon, it gets loose but sticks around a small group of people, Umbrella get to sit back and collect data on how their weapon behaves in the field. They only move in when Ethan shows up and starts bringing their experiment to an end.
>>
>>166923909
It's largely theory premised on the idea that Chris being a super-beefcake in 5 and 6 isn't something you can just roll back on a whim.
>>
>>166923939
Pretty sure that photo is from before she got loose and is implied to be actually the reason they decided to move eveline
>>
>>166924076
So Chris has basically become the Big Chris of RE.
Would be funny.
>>
>>166923909
There's precedent in the series for it. He could be a Wesker Children type of clone, kidnapped at a young age and brainwashed into thinking he's someone else. It seems more like to me than "I'm Chris' son but for some reason he hasn't mentioned me even to those closest to him ever."
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (104KB, 844x464px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
104KB, 844x464px
>>166924193
>>166924076
>>166923909
They really do not look alike
>>
>>166924341
Ok so its either "fuck guys the engine made him look weird" or we have a clone or evil Chris aka hunk.
>>
>>166924259
Since I just started with RE does chris love jill? or is that not a thing? aren't they always looking for each other?
I only played re1 remake with them and it looked like a normal thing to assume
>>
>>166924542
Confirmed to be evil twin brother Chris Redherring
>>
What order do I play the RE6 campaigns in?
>>
>>166924732
Strangely it's not really romantic. They're more like best friends. They always try to find to find each other because of muh soldier training to protect your squad.

>>166925368
Technically any order is good. They all intersect at different points so if you play Leon then you run into Chris near the end of his his story and vice versa. But I played Leon then Jake then Chris, and in retrospect Jake is best played first for the narrative.
>>
>>166925892
> They're more like best friends.

thats pretty fucking weird considering how re1 remake had jill sleeping on chris like that.
idk it seems to me RE has bad writing anyway right. I might never play 5 but was there anything about it really. I'm playing re4 now and I hear leon gets cucked by all the women in this game. he has a love interest for ada wong right? I didnt play 2 yet. and even then because of that he doesn't go for Ashley?
>>
>>166925368
As someone who platinum'd that game twice, I'd tell you Jakes, then Chris', then Leon's, then Ada's.
>>
last year, they said there was going to be one more unannounced third title for the 20th anniversary

that anniversary ends ends with the fiscal year in march

is it or is it not outbreak HD, that is the question
>>
>>166926507
5 is a fun action game. The word horror doesn't apply to it at all, of that's what you'd prefer.
All you need to know:
>Chris buddies up with another BSAA agent named Sheva
>they rescue Jill who went missing years earlier
>they kill Wesker once and for all
>a new virus called Uroboros gets on the black market (I think this was only ever relevant again in Revelations 2)
>>
>>166927715
>>166927715

this thread's about to be kill because of post limit
Thread posts: 763
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.