[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dadg/ - Darkest Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 737
Thread images: 243

File: 23c.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23c.gif
257KB, 500x500px
HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS edition

>Wiki for everything:
http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
http://arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
http://i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>>
File: 3d1.jpg (175KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
3d1.jpg
175KB, 1024x683px
Previous Thread
>>166090812
>>
File: fuck everything.png (520KB, 594x604px) Image search: [Google]
fuck everything.png
520KB, 594x604px
where everybody at
>>
add this in the OP someplace, next time

http://imgur.com/a/8GS6r
>>
It seems our spontaneous breath of life has been finally spent
>>
>>166422031
the radiant update should come in early febuarary right?
>>
>>166422031
this general is DAZED, REELING, ABOUT TO BREAK
>>
>>166422496
Sure
Maybe they can also make the late game less shit
>>
What about a class that draws his power from his enemies? Like he'd only have one ability, for example Siphon Essence, that would grant him a new, temporary ability (for that mission) based on the enemy he used it on. This would mean that every single enemy would give him a different skill but not all of them are available in every dungeon.

When acquiring a skill it would be locked in place for the remainder of that mission, so you have to pick and choose what you want or what's available to you depending on rng.
>>
>>166423039
i think the main problem with lategame is taht you get to it way too fast if you play even halfway decent, neting you a situation where RNG just takes over since the enemy dmgrange exnocmpasses your dudes entire unupgraded healthbar. when you have fully upgraded huys, champ runs become a LOT less dangerous, at which point it just becomes boring.

They could make hero lvlup optional: you can choose to leave a dude at certain levels at the cost of any further xp is lost, unless you decide to advance his lvl.

AS for the boredom teh new enemies will help, but it think teh game should have a way to promote/reward using diferent party combinations to kick player out of his comfort zone, and discover/try new things.
My favorite part was trying to make diferent partys work while trying to keep everyone at the same level.
>>
>>166424539
I think there's an easier way to fix the late game
Instead of giving all enemies stupid amounts of health prot and damage
Make themdo something different from what they did on the other two ranks
You know
Like how they did it on veteran
>>
>>166424901
If they give enemies new moves, then at that point i would prefer if they were new enemies.
When you get to that point, you got figured out an enemies moveset, and them busting out new moves will get ppl off guard, for quite a while, as they sure as fuck wont remeber it for the next few encounters.

In fact, i dont remeber any new moves on the same enemies form easy to veteran.
>>
>>166425579
Yeah forget what i said i suck cocks, i guess is more added effects like mushroom men inflicting blight and fish dragging the back liners forward
Veteran does add new enemies i guess
>>
>>166424901
>stupid amounts of health prot and damage

I just did my first champions run. Kinda lost the will to live and I didn't even jump right in I was mostly upgraded with one level 5. Just slowed down so damn much, even on a short run I can't imagine doing this for 24+ more characters.

Its been so long since I touched my level 5s and 6s I'm not even attached to them anymore, forgot they existed, been slowly managing up the back groups, trying to not over level. Starting to have major regrets here.
>>
>>166425829
are there spiders in easy?
They get fucking lethal on vet and harder
>>
>>166426000
I'm pretty sure they are
Out of the top of my head, non easy enemies are the fat skeleton, the spear skeleton, the weald witch, the weald giant, the snab crab, the spear pig and the jobber worm(i think)
>>
>>166422031
Having the link to this thread in the last thread would have helped.
>>166426000
Yes there are spiders on the easy dungeons. Some people still find them to be difficult.
>>
>>166425954
what party were you using? I didnt notice such a big effect, if any. assuming you had both weapon and skills maxed.

At champ, its assumed you have some powerful trinkets which makes things faster, so enemies are compensated. Still, i remeber being able to kill at least 1 backline on turn 1 most of the time, while controlling the front.
>>
Radiant Vita patch when
>>
>>166427063
After it's been out on PC for testing.
>>
>>166426000
How do people have so much trouble with spiders? I am always relieved when I run into them because they're a pretty easy encounter and have practically no HP. They're only dangerous if you leave them for too long and have an entire party of slow characters. With a proper party encounters should not last more than 2 rounds or so.
>>
>>166429908
"They're only dangerous if you leave them for too long"

With their insane dodge stats, that is sadly beyond your control most of the times, couple that with ther high speeds, their marks, extra dmg to marked, their tendency to attack the same guy, marked or not, stuns and blights, they can just delete one of your guys if you dont kill 2 of them on the first round of combat.
And sicne their 13hp is in the range where 1 hit wont necerecairly be enough, AND they have dodge out the ASS, there is literealy nothing you can do other than roll the dice that either you wipe them without taking dmg, or they just burst one of yours befoer you can even act.

That is why they are bullshit: they are RNG made manifest. 1 out of 5 encounters, no matter what you have, no matter what you do, they WILL kill one guy. I beaten the game couple of times, and other than bosses, i only lost nigas to fucking spiders.
>>
File: Darkest 2017-01-10 23-50-16-62.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest 2017-01-10 23-50-16-62.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
post favorite party combos
>>
File: BOSS.png (30KB, 426x205px) Image search: [Google]
BOSS.png
30KB, 426x205px
Need help with this one. Where it is?
>>
File: 1485229231794.png (27KB, 426x205px) Image search: [Google]
1485229231794.png
27KB, 426x205px
>>166433369
>>
>>166433584
It was bottom thx anyway
>>
>>166420091
when the guide says "don't waste money on people with less than 50% stress", does it mean 50 stress or 100 stress?
>>
Would a Witch class fit into the game? I just kinda want another magic class. I really love the Occultist and think a witch could be a cool fit (witch trials and whatnot except now witches could be powerful allies against all this OTHERWORDLY CORRUPTION).

Maybe she could draw her powers from a source of natural magic whereas the Occultist taps into exotic magic. Healer? Damage? Support? Won't travel with religious classes?
>>
>>166424901
>Instead of giving all enemies stupid amounts of health prot and damage

The game in early access once had the player characters actually be effective at things. Trinkets weren't complete shit loaded with penalties, and enemies didn't have retarded amounts of damage reduction.

Then the dev's deemed that "Fun" and so all of that went away in the name of beating their dicks with a hammer to the idea of someone fighting multiple enemies with like 50%+ DR.
>>
>>166431183
You're blowing it out of proportion by a long shot. There are monsters both alone an in groups that hit harder, have higher dodge, higher speed and higher HP. Spiders can be hard and I have lost a couple heroes to them, but by no means is it even remotely true that you will lose a guy 1 outta 5 times. You are more than likely just having shit RNG with them or are being dramatic because you have trouble with them and get emotional about it.
>>
>>166435056
50 stress. It's probably from back in the day when 100 was the max and they just forgot to change it.
>>
>>166435898
Has anyone made a mod that pretty much retcons all this shit?
>>
File: 1ed.png (140KB, 591x574px) Image search: [Google]
1ed.png
140KB, 591x574px
so what's a way to cheese the brigand 16 pounder fight? I know that weakening curse spam works on the prophet and other huge damage dealing bosses, but since it's considered an endurance boss, I'm pretty sure that cheese strat won't work
>>
i only have 1000 gold left what do
>>
File: AhhhAntiquarianHelpICantDodge.png (301KB, 372x369px) Image search: [Google]
AhhhAntiquarianHelpICantDodge.png
301KB, 372x369px
Threadly reminder that over-confidence is a slow and insidious killer.
>>
>>166438262
Hire nothing but level 0's to do suicide runs for piles of gold in short-level dungeons with no provisions.
Alternatively, get four antiquarians together to do some 'backyard camping' trips in medium dungeons where they can camp, find trinkets, then retreat the mission. You can do this over and over and over again. The only loss they'll suffer is stress, and that stress will be healed as soon as they camp again. Just make sure to stock a little food to keep them from losing their shit too much.
>>
File: 1459646777601.jpg (62KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1459646777601.jpg
62KB, 396x691px
>>166435898
>Throwing a hissy fit instead of being constructive about your game's flaws
>>
>>166437961
4x Houndmaster
Bark woof the Fuseman and then woof whittle the cannon
>>
File: Reeee.png (36KB, 150x213px) Image search: [Google]
Reeee.png
36KB, 150x213px
Some of you guys are alright. Dont go to the hamlet tomorrow.
>>
>>166440913
>Vvulf makes a twitter post
>>
>>166435898
>EA nostalgia
You mean back when the Hellion was by far the best frontliner, Leper was completely useless, DOTs were absolute garbage, AOE attacks destroyed everything, some trinkets were completely useless while others were OP and could be stacked, you could cheese any encounter by hammering the frontline and stun spamming the back until they were up front and harmless, you couldn't exchange heirlooms and you could only get guarantees of certain ones by doing specific dungeons, camping skills were terrible and a chore, etc? Man I sure miss all those things.
>>
File: 1483921304376.jpg (104KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483921304376.jpg
104KB, 500x375px
>People actually think PROT was a bad addition to the game
What Bizzaro universe have I been teleported to?
>>
>>166435919
Thing is, if i get shit RNG with any other mobs, i can deal with it, i have tools, i get chances to recover, and can make perparations beforehand to preapare for the worst. With spiders, none of it works.

If you get shit rng with spiders, someone dies, and there is nothing you can do about it.
>arblest, occultist, houndmaster, bh, all have the damage to 1 shot spiders even without marks, or at least stun/debuff them
>have suprise trinket and campbuff
>suprise spiders
>only 1 attack connects, leaves it for 1 hp
>they go 8 (eight) times before i get to do anything more
>all 8, (except a stun on my fastest guy or the healer) lands on a single on of my guys, stacking 10+blight on him

This happned multiple times. They dont stress you, they dont wither you down, they dont deal spike damages in the middle of the fight with crits, they flat out delete one of your guys.
>>
File: Darkest 2017-01-12 19-58-14-39.jpg (873KB, 2790x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest 2017-01-12 19-58-14-39.jpg
873KB, 2790x1464px
>>166438262
gipsy it up nigga
>>
File: 1484481344901.jpg (70KB, 605x586px) Image search: [Google]
1484481344901.jpg
70KB, 605x586px
>>166440913
Kek
>>
>>166442558
If that happens to you so often then wouldn't it be a better idea to just run from the fight once you missed most of your attacks?
>>
File: paindog.png (70KB, 170x171px) Image search: [Google]
paindog.png
70KB, 170x171px
I dont mind prot.
High dodge enemies need to fucking go though.
They are usually the most obnoxious pieces of shit too.
>>
>>166442317
Couldn't tell ya m8. There are only a few encounters in all 5 dungeons where you can run into multiple enemies with 40% or more prot and if you're bringing DOT units into dungeons with those, and you should be because that is one of the intended counter measures to Protection, then it's almost never a big deal.
>>
File: 1453254138152.png (57KB, 671x588px) Image search: [Google]
1453254138152.png
57KB, 671x588px
>>166444897
>When you run into multiple Madmen in a single Dungeon and they just keep dodging your attacks
>>
>>166442317
The same universe where people bitched after corpses were introduced because they couldn't pull their frontline freight train tactics anymore.
>>
Here's an idea for a character
Survivalist
He'd be an utility character similar to antiquarian but his abilities would focus on scouting and food.
He has a very high trap disarm chance and increases party scouting chance by 20%

His combat abilities would focus on marking, debuffing and buffing with lower than average damage.
Camping abilities for him would be just buffs with no stress heals, perhaps an ability to refund camping at the cost of half the time?

Statwise he'd be weak, incredibly weak with low hp and dodge he'd go down to death's door in just a single crit from a strong enough monster.
But on the other hand he'd be pretty accurate and have a good crit chance.

Appearance wise he'd look like a noble in very ragged clothes, giving him kind of a hobo look. He'd also have an eagle on his shoulder that would make up most of his attacks.

What do you think of my idea? I kinda made it in a hurry so my grammar and ideas arent perfect but all kinds of criticism is welcome.
>>
>>166446295
So pretty much the girl teaching camping skills at the hamlet, being useful for once ?
>>
File: coolin.jpg (10KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
coolin.jpg
10KB, 236x177px
>>166446295
I like the idea, resonates a lot like a more support oriented houndmaster
>>
>>166444857
you know?
I forgot you can do that, since i never had the need for it.
>>
Anyone play the pitch black mod? I'm a scared pleb that only grinds out dungeons in the Ruins, but I do want to form teams for other dungeons as well. Any particular team composition I should be playing specifically?
>>
>>166447510
Hey hey hey, I need that snuffbox to save the day.
>>
File: smug.png (8KB, 54x54px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
8KB, 54x54px
>tfw have a leper with natural swing
>tfw load him up with accuracy trinkets
>get ready to beat the final boss of the swine prince
>all my dudes get stressed as fuck by the stupid crit drummers
>on the plus side, Leperbro gets Rabies
>manage to keep slamming through walls, but some bad rolls kills off my vestal
>I decide to keep going using crusader and the leper's natural heal to keep everyone going
>plague doctor falls next because of shitty crits
>It's just my crusader and Leper left
>We make it to the swine king, I'm praying to RNJesus
>Crusader's will is tested...
HOPELESS
>start cursing profusely, he starts stressing out my leper and passing turns
>try to escape, fail, leper reaches the breaking point
ANGER IS POWER. USE IT.
>my fucking face for the next two turns as that fat pig faggot is double crit.
>>
>>166429908
A bad roll and spiders can fuck you pretty hard. On average, they're cake, but I've never seen anyone blow up as fast as they do to spiders.
>>
>managed to kill the prophet, the hag and the collector
Collector's 2nd appearance was in the hallway right before prophet
I'm scared
These runs are going better than I thought but how fucking badly are things gonna get.

Been trying to prioritize on getting more seasoned adventurers in case shit gets bad
>>
>>166452361
Fair enough.
>>
>>166449964
>since i have never had the need for it
>never

You needed and didnt knew it.
>>
>>166451738
>my leper lad gets clusterfucked by the cove
Fucking Cove. You ruin everything, don't you? Even legendary heroes like that bastard. I hope I get him back one day.
>>
File: 1484711660078.png (355KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1484711660078.png
355KB, 557x605px
>mfw GR has love interest AND deviant tastes
>>
>>166462113
I had a Vestal like that. I almost didn't wanna cure her.
>>
>>166463134
>always using crusader on party with her
>"dunno, maybe she will need some stress heal, can't do it in town"
>bitch doesnt even get hit
>everyone needing ocasional stress heal during mission
>she finally got a fucking skull in the face from ghoul
>crit and oneshot a gargoyle
>almost heal all the stress damage

She is a keeper.
>>
File: 20170123130457_1.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170123130457_1.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
>finally beat the game
>managed to do it on Strict Mode, didn't even know there were difficulty settings you could change
>brought Reynauld and Dismas to the final dungeon
>apparently sped through the game since the achievement for finishing the game under 99 weeks popped up

That was a nice experience. Lighting the Way is the hardest Darkest Dungeon.

Shame that the modpack with a bunch of new classes is apparently outdated.
>>
>>166445416
Corpses are still stupid.

Prot alone was enough to shift the tactics so that you can choose between trying to snipe squishies quick, or removing the prot'd tank guy in the front, but waste more time.

The whole corpse cleaning shit is just stupid.
>>
>>166464138
Corpses came before Protection and are an optional feature due to bitching. I'd hazard a guess that part of why they included Protection was to keep the tactics for people who didn't like playing with corpses.
>>
>>166463996
>spoiler
I think the majority of players agree with you.
>>
>>166464473
I totally forgot the order they came in.

But prot really does do everything corpses were meant to, and does it much more elegantly (and, I can't believe I'm saying this, in a less immersion ruining way, for me).
>>
>>166464138
You can use corpses to fuck with the enemies' attacks
I know it isn't much but it does add something to the game prot doesn't
>>
File: man_at_arms.ability.three.png (37KB, 72x72px) Image search: [Google]
man_at_arms.ability.three.png
37KB, 72x72px
>>166444897
>>166445145
Yell at them.
>>
>>166466150
Don't you know anon?
They can also dodge sound
>>
>>166466234
From my experience they only dodge Bellow once in a blue moon, and I don't have any +acc on my MaA.
>>
>>166464138
>>166465671
I personally find corpses to be really helpful with keeping all of my party members useful as a fight goes on. They allow me the ability to let certain characters focus on jobs without having to worry about keeping their usefulness to the current encounter, and even allows for expansion on it. Back in EA I could not count the amount of times my backliners would eventually become vestigial to the fight after a few rounds and I'd be forced to spam a support move or shuffle them with another member and potentially fuck up usefulness they had. Now with corpses, there's an option not only to always keep your party members useful, but to allow for party members to do things they might not have been able to without them. Just as an example that comes to mind: If I'm fighting a Pelagic Champion without corpses on and I have an Arbalest without Blindfire or Bola equipped, she would be forced to spam heals or mark the entire time, but if I thought a step further and had my Bounty Hunter or Occultist pull something up to the front row before killing it, the Champion is now in second position and vulnerable to the Arbalest's main attack as well. This isn't to say Corpses always make the game easier or that anyone has to agree they're a good mechanic because I like it, but I figured I'd share my experiences.
>>
>>166466234
It's only fair if we can dodge sound attacks as well. I just imagine that they managed to cover their ears in time.
>>
>>166444897
The only thing I hate about dodge is that the stuff to counter it (Vestal, Occultist, and Arbalest's dodge debuffs) are usually lower in accuracy themselves along with said targets having higher than normal debuff resist. It'd be nice if dodge debuffs were easier to apply to these enemies.

The Man-at-arms would be a great example of a character that on paper looks like he'd negate a lot of the evasion of dog packs, but in practice his debuff chance is too low to overcome the resistance of his targets, who often evade on top of that. RH should probably increase the amount debuffed if they want to go that route so that at least when it does connect with a target, you get a lot more benefit from it.
>>
File: 297.png (455KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
297.png
455KB, 800x450px
>>166466150
10 millenia on ms paint
>>
>>166445016
>Bring Houndmaster
>Shave off 30% prot every time he whistles at someone.
>Bounty Hunter deletes the target next turn.
>>
>>166458878
>Look at graveyard.
>One vestal, six lepers, nothing else.
>One Leper has died three times, having resurrected twice.

What is it with Lepers, enemies just seem to be drawn to fucking them over?
>>
>>166466537
Sure, and to add to that, corpses that do stuff (or that stuff is done to) are also quite fun. I just think similar emergent gameplay could have been done without them by tweaking variables and the like.
>>
>>166466992
I think this pretty much sums up what is wrong with the late game
>>
>>166463996
I was really worried about everyone talking about it being the hardest, but I think the shambler gave me the most trouble, maybe because I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. The Templars just got shuffled around to bad positions and stunned over and over again when I fought them, so all they did was their weak Torment attack or cast revelation on characters with trinkets.

The shuffling horror though kept shuffling my guys around, true to his name, and I couldn't get damage under control while leaving the cultist priest up. It seemed like my healer would always wind up in the wrong position to heal.
>>
>NG+
>Bring lvl 5 Dimas on a short trip to the ruins
>gets beaten to death's door multiple times
>red plague, the worries
>at the end is 25 stress away from a heart attack

Sometimes RNGesus is a fucktard. Spooby Skellington survives the last attack with 1 HP just to crit a tempting goblet on poor Dimas.
>>
Does that faggot caretaker go immediately to whatever stress relief activity your afflicted character is limited to?
>>
Holy shit, I just had a Ghoul and two wine skeletons show up, the ghoul howled every turn and the skeletons kept throwing wine at me. I went from ~10 stress to three afflicted heroes before I could get rid of them all.

I guess I should bring movement skills or ranged attacks.
>>
File: 1364951005463.gif (972KB, 250x146px) Image search: [Google]
1364951005463.gif
972KB, 250x146px
>>166468469
>remembering pre-nerf Howl
>>
File: 1389518480610.jpg (188KB, 3500x4143px) Image search: [Google]
1389518480610.jpg
188KB, 3500x4143px
>>166468898
>pre-nerf stress attacks in general
>>
>>166469068
what was wrong with it before?
>>
>>166468386
Only when you don't want him to.
>>166469401
Way back in the day stress attacks like Tempting Goblet and Howl did a fair bit of physical damage and 20-25 stress damage without a crit even on the easiest dungeons.
>>
>>166467029
saved, cheers anon
>>
>20 Weeks since Dismas, my only highwayman, died
>22 since my last BH died.
>Finally get them on caravan
>lvl 2 and 1 respectively
>remove two level 3s to make room
>everyone else is level 3+ except for 1 fucking jester, which is my only jester

I think I'm going to remove those level limits now. I havent seen an abom off the caravan in I don't know how long
>>
>>166470780
Bring them to some short adventurer mission with your guys. And someone to protect them.
>>
>>166468469
>not having someone to stun, knockback, pull or nuke at distance

So, you rush every frontliner(which usually have high PROT) until you get to hit the annoying guys? At least use an jester or houndmaster for stress heal(btw, they can hit distant enemies)
>>
>>166468898
>>166469068
Kill me that was shit tier stuff. Glad they changed it since heart attacks were implemented.
>>
>>166471109
Depends on my part composition. Sometimes, I do run the frontline freight train, sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood.

This time in particular, I was running Vestal/Vestal/Leper/Crusader. It's a solid comp until you run in to a tank in ranks 1+2, unless your're packing a move trinket on the leper to move someone back with purge. I was under the impression my damage was so ludicrously high with both characters I could just blow away enemy groups before problems.

I found some club skeletons afterwards though and used them to drag my stress back down to zero, chain stunning and intimidating them until everyone was fine again. If nothing else, it's a good party to prolong fights with since nothing will really be able to get through two and a half healers.
>>
File: 1452654234098.gif (415KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1452654234098.gif
415KB, 488x519px
>Giant Ectoplasm does Cytokinesis at the last moment
>dies next turn
>Ecotoplasm dodges every attack on that turn
>ECTOPLASMIC PROFUSION
>Cytokinesis
>>
>>166473339
God, don't remind me of that shit. Seems like every time I try a low damage party in the weald, every slime fight turns in to a 15 minute slog.

The only nice thing is they're not really that strong, just tough enough to keep multiplying and wearing you down.
>>
>>166473339
This is my true fear every time I visit the Weald.
>>
File: 1484111615332.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484111615332.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>finally do 16 Pounder
>Fusilier crits the party four times in a row
>Vestal goes Paranoid
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-24 09-23-11-23.jpg (453KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-24 09-23-11-23.jpg
453KB, 1920x1080px
>>166474251
Well the Matchman just dodged Iron Swan and the Arbalest hit him for 15 out of 16 hp.
>>
>>166474532
>not running 4xHoundmaster for bosses
>>
>>166474532
BOOM
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-24 09-26-30-82.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-24 09-26-30-82.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
>>166474532
Can they still do it?
>>
>>166474813
How mch do you value the time and money you investe in these people?
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-24 09-28-15-35.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-24 09-28-15-35.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>166474813
Now they have to win.
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-24 09-29-27-10.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-24 09-29-27-10.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>166474912
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-24 09-30-54-11.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-24 09-30-54-11.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
>>166475002
hmm
>>
>>166475002
that pic is just perfect
>>
>>166475002
The Cannon really shouldn't have any Dodge chance. Even the pot can't dodge you.
>>
File: 1483395955918.png (541KB, 496x560px) Image search: [Google]
1483395955918.png
541KB, 496x560px
>>166474912
>tfw Bounty Hunter will never slap you around
>>
>>166475002
GG mane
>>
for the achievement, reynauld and dismis must be in the party that kill the last boss ?
>>
File: 20170124191219_1.jpg (226KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170124191219_1.jpg
226KB, 1440x900px
Hey, I just assembled a crew for a lvl 3 mission and when I added the last hero (Occultist), I got his label saying "pragmatic" over my hero bar.

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>166478375
Some party compositions are given names
This names indicates that they have the amazing addition to absolutely nothing different from other nameless compositions
>>
>>166435898
You are wrong. Trinkets have been buffed since EA.
Besides that, back before the corpse&hound update the game was so easy you didn't even have to prepare at all to do 0 light runs.
>>
>>166477805
Yes
>>
>>166477805
They also must be the ones that live
>>
>>166469652
>>166469401
Also, aoe attacks critted for the entire area, so if the ghoul rolled a crit howl, that was like 40 stress to the entire party.
>>
>>166478375
why would an occultist be pragmatic though

I always play pretending that my crusaders are idealists so I can't see them being that pragmatic either.
>>
>>166480640
Why wouldn't he be? He seems well educated, he seeks the truth and interacts with higher beings than himself.
>>
>>166479362
Really? I was planning on sacrificing them because I thought it'd be a poetic, destined end to them. Glad I haven't done that yet.
>>
File: 20170124205207_1.jpg (236KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170124205207_1.jpg
236KB, 1440x900px
QUICK /dadg/,

should I abort?
No firewood left, no more food, haven't seen the collector YET, everybody is stressing out... but fuck, it's only ONE MORE BOSS BATTLE (I hope), right?
>>
>>166486581
Abort.
>>
>>166486581
You get an achievement if you're victorious...
>>
>>166486581
You fucked it up anon
Fucking it up harder isn't going to solve it
>>
>>166486581
Nigga you don't even know where the room battle is, you'll be seriously pushing your luck.
>>
File: 1459896257089.jpg (232KB, 596x380px) Image search: [Google]
1459896257089.jpg
232KB, 596x380px
Some pepole will say it's true, some will say it's only a casual shittalk
>>
>>166487092
It's not a boss mission.
>>
>>166488772
isn't it both?
>>
File: warrenworth.png (2MB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
warrenworth.png
2MB, 1536x864px
Is it worth trying to push on? My Abom and Occult just died of heart attacks and my Arbalest isn't much good in the second row, but my Bounty Hunter is still going strong.

How many rooms count as 90% in a long mission? Is it still all but one?
>>
>>166489270
It's whatever 90% of rooms are, rounded down. If there's 21 rooms, you need 18 to finish.
>>
I want to make a party built around the Abomination; who should the other three be?
>>
File: 20170124215954_1.jpg (138KB, 678x620px) Image search: [Google]
20170124215954_1.jpg
138KB, 678x620px
if I don't do this quest right now, will it disappear next week or something?

i don't wanna do it right now, but I neither want to miss out on a quest
>>
>>166492313
I recommend the Bounty Hunter in slot 1 to force targets into better positions and stun, beyond that, anything else works. A lot of people pidgin hole the occultist with him too, but you don't always need a healer if you're careful or carry a lot of food.

Arbs can help eliminate people fast when combined with other marking classes and if you have an occultist, using a MAA is a good combo for shunting damage away from others. PDs also good for stuns and stacking even more blight.
>>
>>166492530
Nah, it'll keep coming back over and over again until you complete it.

If you don't do it now, the only thing that happens is you lose a few ranks on a building.
>>
>>166492629
Alright, thanks. Personally I don't like the Occultist so I'll work around no dedicated healer, something I've never really done before.
>>
>>166492313
The hamburglar, ronald, and grimace.
>>
File: IMG_1453.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
So how is /dadg/ spending this evening
>>
File: 1482372332492.jpg (61KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
1482372332492.jpg
61KB, 681x681px
>your vestal went one a quest for cock
haha it's not like i need her or anything lol
>>
>>166492530
The quest will come back as many times as it takes for you to finish it, though the cool down on it appearing again resets each time. I believe it starts at a 7% chance once you're considered "able" to do the quest and it raises a small amount each week past the first.
>>
>>166496934
Are you doing what i think you are doing you madman
>>
File: aaaaa.png (140KB, 630x642px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.png
140KB, 630x642px
>>166496934
Looks good, keep it up so i can lose some of this stress i got built up.
>>
File: Chel_thinky.jpg (23KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chel_thinky.jpg
23KB, 720x480px
>>166498375
yes,its what im doing to waste time instead of finishing the ornstein hellion mod
>>
File: 20AEONS.jpg (90KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
20AEONS.jpg
90KB, 620x670px
>Get a virtuous hero four missions in a row
ABOMINATIONS
BROUGHT LOW
AND DRIVEN
INTO
THE
M U D
>>
File: how quickly.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
how quickly.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>166499105
>when a mission is going poorly and you might need to bail after two fights
>Plague doctor on death's door
>have to leave fight
>heal up in the corridor outside
>fuck it, i burnt a lot of food but now im health again
>plague doc becomes max stress
>becomes Courageous
>carries team through the rest of the medium Champion level dungeon
>>
Dazed
>>
File: reeling.jpg (120KB, 1300x961px) Image search: [Google]
reeling.jpg
120KB, 1300x961px
>>166502015
>>
Question, does "healing received" mean health for the class holder only?

Also are the Death Door items worth using?
>>
>>166502198
>>
>>166502491
Received = that one holding the trinket.
>>
>>166502762

Any reason to use them in stead of healing skills+
I could've understood if it was a front liner, but there's usually max health items and DPS classes + DPS items that are better instead
>>
>>166503170
I never use them.
>>
>>166496934
Update niggers, only the strings are missing and the background
>>
File: IMG_1453.jpg (151KB, 1107x839px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.jpg
151KB, 1107x839px
>>166506047
kill me
>>
>>166506220
You need to change the background too
>>
>>166506401
>only the strings are missing and the background
>>
>>166506220
>>166506401
The guy on the left should be a Bone Courtier.
>>
File: FEAR.jpg (108KB, 742x667px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR.jpg
108KB, 742x667px
>TFW just lost the first character i really cared about to some filthy giant
How quickly the tide turns!
>>
File: 200_s.gif (47KB, 370x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
47KB, 370x200px
>>166506495
>>
File: 20170124174334_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170124174334_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
Buncha fuckin' whiners on my team, seriously.
>>
are there any good waifumods
>>
File: Jester solo.gif (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Jester solo.gif
2MB, 720x540px
And boom its done
Fixed up the eyes a little so it actually looks somewhat like the jester
>>
>>166509546
Fuck yeah Anon, good job.
>>
>>166509546
Wonderfull
>>
>>166509546
Before you disappear into the anons again, any chance you could post a version without the background?
I wanna see if i can crop out a nice transparent and throw it into the game as the jester's lute skill use frame.
>>
>>166510089
animated or just a still image
>>
>>166510152
Either works.
Ideally the animation, i can remove the background myself and it could be useful in case someone else wants to put another background on it.
>>
File: 1484257207990.jpg (211KB, 867x852px) Image search: [Google]
1484257207990.jpg
211KB, 867x852px
>>166509546
noice
>>
>>166510258
I'll try, im till figuring out toon boon and this was the first thing I managed to do
>>
File: asasas.png (324KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
asasas.png
324KB, 526x526px
>tfw you realize you can click the recycle button next to your heirlooms to turn them into other heirloom currencies

jesus christ, finally a way to turn all those useless crests into shit i need
>>
File: 1400278199442.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1400278199442.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>166509546
That's pretty good mate
>>
>>166510336
Thanks a lot.
If you can't make it, a white background will probably be enough.
>>
>>166510361
more like useless busts
>>
>>166509546
Jesus Chirst, how relaxing.
>>
>>166508467
I miss when you could camp in the first room. Whenever I had people in stress relief or in the sanitarium i'd send out a fuccboi squad of level 0s to a veteran quest with no food and they practically all died of heart attacks around the campfire.
>>
File: Ruin has come to our family.png (606KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
Ruin has come to our family.png
606KB, 587x663px
A-am i cool too guys?
>>
>>166510456
Bit of a problem, I did get rid of all the backgrounds on every sprite, but cant turn it into a gif because GIMP is being an asshole
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (407KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
407KB, 200x200px
>>166511705
>>
RNG claimed my favorite Leper. Second time.
30 dmg crit + blight and 4/2 heal from Occ.
>>
>>166442026
>not mentioning the greatest thing on the planet earth about old game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7AieaF6wIw
it's like you never even played the game
>>
>>166512172
Do you understand now that adversity and existence are one and the same?
>>
>>166513372
>that camera tilt
You guys turn that shit off, right?
>>
File: 1273578230.jpg (24KB, 356x267px) Image search: [Google]
1273578230.jpg
24KB, 356x267px
>>166513372
I miss when Mark for Death did damage.
>>
>>166512172
Did you have his self-heal equipped? If you didn't, you should next time. Prevents stuff like that from happening.
>>166513372
I did like that, but it wasn't properly balanced. And if they had left trinket stacking in they would have either had to limit how many you got of each or nerf certain types of bonuses to hell
>>166513889
Now that, that I do miss about EA. Pointing people to death was fucking awesome.
>>
>>166513889
That was too much fun.
>>
File: 1484633696042.jpg (298KB, 927x709px) Image search: [Google]
1484633696042.jpg
298KB, 927x709px
>tfw kleptos have no chance of stealing shit out of spite when they're fired

>>166513372
Why did they get rid of the quick-access quirk tab? It'd be useful, and there's nothing occupying that space now.
>>
>>166518473
>and there's nothing occupying that space now.
More like that space doesn't exist anymore. Also it was redundant when all the info is already on the paper doll.
>>
>>166518473
>eyes

Pls, no.
>>
>Leave Dismas and Reynauld in roster without touching them to later get that achievement for bringing them to the final mission
>Fuck it, that's gay let's bring them out for once
>Step out the door, crit treebranch smackdown on Dismas
>Death's door
>Little other fucker follows up with a tap on him, killing him

I had to share, I'm mad.
>>
>>166520747
Reminds me of that episode of Dexter's Lab where Deedee gives Dexter shit about not wanting to go outside and do shit out of fear of terrible things happening to him. So Dexter in the end goes outside and gets mauled by a bear and a tiger and a hawk and all this other shit.
>>
File: 9560826543.jpg (74KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
9560826543.jpg
74KB, 768x768px
>Confusion Spores
>Vestal brought to the front
>Treebranch Smackdown
>Crit
>Crusader: 'Shake it off!'
>>
>>166520747
What's the best team for Dismas and Reynauld, anyways?
>>
>>166523418
Vestal and Plague Doctor
>>
>>166523418
Or GR for freaking lance action.
>>
File: solution.png (247KB, 567x320px) Image search: [Google]
solution.png
247KB, 567x320px
>go into pigland with regular crew
>beat objective fairly quickly
>"I think I'll douse the torch and get some loot"
>Swine Symphony reaches crescendo
Jesus Christ, I didn't think I'd have to make a resolve test as the player
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.jpg (48KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.jpg
48KB, 600x330px
>>166524809
SQUEAL LIKE A PIG BOY
>>
>>166524282
>vestal died in the very first expedition because of a long line of crits
>haven't seen another one since

this sucks
>>
so I've got a theory on darkest dungeon based on what I've been seeing with the game so far.

The lore behind the Ancestor and all the bosses is easy enough to follow with the narration and the journal entries you find lying around the place. (spoilers btw) The one thing that always bugged me a bit was the ending of the game where you kill yourself and take up the ancestor's place. On top of that, you'll occasionally see the hamlet npc's morph into eldritch entities for a fraction of a second when you're buying goods/services, as well as seeing your party members do the same when you give/remove trinkets and see them in the sidebar as an eldritch entity. This gets more obvious as you get further and further into the game, with it almost becoming commonplace before you fight the final boss.

So I have three theories about this.

1: Eldritch powers are seeping out into the hamlet breaking the barrier of reality as you're interacting with the hamlet npc's and your party.
2: The hamlet npc's are already eldritch entities, simply guiding you and your party to the final boss so that he can harvest you or fall to you.
3: The entire hamlet, estate, dungeons, AND heroes are all creations of the ancestor after he became the heart of darkness in an attempt to keep the cycle continuing to either suppress the eldritch entities or feed an eternal hunger that either he or the entities he now serves has. This is also reinforced by the fact that you take up his vigil and call a new heir at the end of the game, suggesting that this entire expedition is just a cycle that keeps continuing. The heroes could simply have been inhabitants of the hamlet at the time the ancestor was working who fought against the entities before succumbing to them, thus giving them models to copy and supply to the heir, or the original group that came to the hamlet in search of fame/fortune and fell.
>>
File: 20170124023105_1.jpg (386KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170124023105_1.jpg
386KB, 1920x1200px
I was looking for a thread on /v/ and couldn't find one. Didn't know there's a general on /vg/.

Fuck this boss desu. My party was supposed to destroy him, not to wipe on him. I still managed to kill him (basically houndmaster solo killed him) but he royally fucked up my vestalka and plague doctor switching them on position 1-2 all the time and forcing them making useless turns with 0 spells and absolute uselessness whatsoever.
Couldn't even heal once and missed a ton of damage from plague doctor in this fight.
My fault for not bringing mobile characters who can move position 1-2 back like Jester if it's needed and not taking heavy boots on maa.
>>
File: 20170124023420_1.jpg (352KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170124023420_1.jpg
352KB, 1920x1200px
>>166527641
A true hero will never be forgotten.
>>
>>166526382
The answer is that the heart is everything, including humanity. We are the equivalent of an errant growth, living and multiplying on our host. Your character is simply seeing reality.
>>
>>166527641
You basically want people that can shuffle like GR, Crusader, Highwayman. That way even if vestal gets pulled out of place she can usually get moved into a row where she can at least AOE heal.
>>
>>166527641
>somehow lost that many people with two guard characters
Did you get cirit on every hit or something?
>>
>>166526382
My personal opinion on it from what the game gives you is that every human in the world is a piece of the beast within the world and we're blind to it. What you start to see when you come out of the Darkest Dungeon is a piece of the truth, that we are all one. I feel this is further emphasized by the fact that the Ancestor has a line about something like that right after the first DD mission and the fact that the insta-deathblow ability the final boss uses is literally called "Come unto your Maker". I also think some of the lore that the journal entries from other parties gives you is pretty spoopy, especially the fucking Cove/Fishmen one.
>>
>>166527809
>>166528129
that sounds about right. i was just trying to find out why a cycle exists and who is actually a part of it and outside it coming in
>>
File: vestal.sprite.attack_heal.png (167KB, 361x682px) Image search: [Google]
vestal.sprite.attack_heal.png
167KB, 361x682px
Let's come up with new skills for each class.

Vestal
>Sacred Flame
>usable in ranks 1, 2, and 3, reaches all ranks
>Buff 1 target
>+5% crit
>grants Riposte
>+5 Torch

Always felt like she should have a buff skill.
>>
File: 20170125073020_1.jpg (390KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125073020_1.jpg
390KB, 1920x1200px
Fuck my life
>>
>>166528523
Jester
>Pun
>50% chance of marking the jester, causing miniml stress on all companions and buffing his dodge by 10 (at level 1 of course)
>50% chance to heal companions' stress, debuffing the enemies dodge and speed but slightly buffing their damage
>>
>>166528005
How would you guard on this boss, his attacks are AoE with debuffs like Shambler's attacks. Also his minion is attacking first 1-2 positions which are vestalka+pd in my case.
>>
>>166528826
Houndmaster
>mark territory
>stresses enemies

Take that you skelly fucks.
>>
File: 1398111612263.jpg (48KB, 163x171px) Image search: [Google]
1398111612263.jpg
48KB, 163x171px
>>166528971
I don't fucking know dude it's 2 in the morning and i can't sleep because i fear the boogeyman
You think i have time to think coherently?
>>
File: 1478050517603.jpg (11KB, 260x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478050517603.jpg
11KB, 260x225px
>>166528523
>grants Riposte
I can already see the Leper builds cumming buckets at this
>>
okay friends I'm about to fight the first boss, the apprentice necro, what am I in for? Level 2 PD/Occult/Dismas/Reynauld.
>>
>>166529454
Lots of boners.
>>
>>166529454
he'll summon a skeleton every move he has, so basically focus on him with your PD, Occultist, and Dismas, and keep Reynauld to kill the skellies when they pop up in the front rows.
>>
>>166529454
You might wanna switch for a vestal in case you need extra holy damage
Also the negromancer does a lot of aoes so unless you get disgusting lucky that occultist might end up fucking your fight
>>
>>166529619
>spamming Hand of Light for a bit of Unholy damage
Not worth it at all.
>>
File: bully.png (831KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bully.png
831KB, 1280x720px
>>166529619
>not using occultist to assrape bosses with damage debuff, turning them into mewling children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqO8E5hZCpk
he's literally not even fair some fights.
>>
File: 20170124051846_1.jpg (333KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170124051846_1.jpg
333KB, 1920x1200px
Why was I scared about the champion Siren?

Used 3 holy water on heroes except vestalka. Siren captured vestalka who used stun once. Siren died.
>>
>>166528523
Granting something +5% Crit and Riposte is kinda strong considering that you could give that buff to any class in party with her and stack it to +15% in addition to any other bonuses they'll have. There's also the issue of balancing that at different levels. Assuming you're giving its stats at max level the early levels might be kinda niche, with the riposte being its only draw, but if that's the base then 5% crit chance is far too high and going any higher would be madness, which would lead to the skill's progression feeling shitty.
>>
>>166529930
or you know, bring a proper marker party and delet them in 2-3 turns
>>
>>166529930
To be fair he's either less useful on some because they don't deal the bulk of damage themselves, like Necro or Hag, or completely useless because it's not single target or there's another mechanic besides damage to consider, like Pounder or Sunken.
>>
>>166530856
Made with max level in mind, though the crit could be reduced to say 3% per stack. Maybe 4%, since it's a single target buff as opposed to the Jester's Battle Ballet which is 3% per stack for the entire party, including +acc and +spd.

The balance comes from the fact that the Vestal is, first and foremost, a healer, and her job is to keep the party topped off. Giving her a buff would force her to choice what you feel is ore worth while at that given moment.
>>
File: 20170125080825_1.jpg (401KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125080825_1.jpg
401KB, 1920x1200px
Should I?
>>
File: Tempting Goblet.png (186KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tempting Goblet.png
186KB, 600x450px
>>166530906
>implying the tide cannot turn
>>
>>166531270
Flip a coin.
>>
>>166531270
2 markers, vestal, and crusader?
ezpz, rip shambler
>>
>>166531391
No antivenoms and 2 bandages only
>>
>>166531270
Enjoy your nipple poison.
>>
File: 20170125081611_1.jpg (376KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125081611_1.jpg
376KB, 1920x1200px
How didn't I finish this mission yet? Why does the secret room count as an unrevealed one?
>>
>>166531276
>crit through anything on my way to the boss
>reach boss
>dodge
>dodge
>heal 0, bleed

I desrve it
>>
File: 1366752036967.jpg (11KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1366752036967.jpg
11KB, 210x230px
>Vestal goes Hopeless
>room battle
>skeletons all dogpile one guy
>death's door
>Vestal's turn
>Shh... not even the Light can save us now
>Pass
Guess what happened next?
>>
>>166531797
15 is not 90% of 18.
>>
File: 1470949903510.gif (2MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1470949903510.gif
2MB, 300x226px
>>166531946
They all went for ice cream and lived happily ever after?
>>
File: 20170125082157_1.jpg (381KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125082157_1.jpg
381KB, 1920x1200px
hlep
>>
File: 4363.png (49KB, 179x177px) Image search: [Google]
4363.png
49KB, 179x177px
>>166532112
What's wrong? Go claim your hard-earned reward.
>>
>>166532112
how?
>>
File: 45c070.jpg (42KB, 441x335px) Image search: [Google]
45c070.jpg
42KB, 441x335px
>>166532282
>Start off a dungeon where I gotta finish room battles
>not even that loot heavy and fucking collector shows up
>3 at death's door and one with a scrap of health by the end
welp, stress damage for quitting isn't that bad right?
>>
>>166532282
Not scared of this guy at all.
>>
>>166529619
>that occultist might end up fucking your fight

you were right, Dismas and Reynauld were at death's door all fight, the occultist was rolling 1s and 2s all fight, and PD had to double duty heal AND do the majority of the damage. I'm getting the feeling that HIghwayman is total ass in bossfights. At least Rey didn't let me down, by oneshotting all the adds with smite.
>>
>>166531946
>>Shh... not even the Light can save us now
What is Light, considering what we learn at the end ?
>>
>>166533857
Madness.
>>
>>166532289
>how?
Always leave secret room for the last so you have free slots for loot.
>>
File: 20170125090020_1.jpg (467KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125090020_1.jpg
467KB, 1920x1200px
Fuck yeah time to lock some quirks
>>
File: 1483926329916.jpg (118KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
1483926329916.jpg
118KB, 540x530px
>tfw Reynauld and Dismas both pay the price for your bad play one turn after the other
>against the fucking dead Necro Apprentice's reanimated soldiers
>>
File: 20170125091505_1.jpg (365KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125091505_1.jpg
365KB, 1920x1200px
OK LADS WHERE IS THE BOSS
>>
>>166535445
Top left or right is my guess. I say left just because fuck it.
>>
>>166535445
Top right.
>>
File: 20170125092848_1.jpg (387KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125092848_1.jpg
387KB, 1920x1200px
>>166535713
>>166535629
Wrong
>>
>>166492530
>if I don't do this quest right now, will it disappear next week or something?
>
>i don't wanna do it right now, but I neither want to miss out on a quest

Just get an antiquarian or man at arms to protect a hero that is going to bomb
>>
File: 20170125095853_1.jpg (277KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170125095853_1.jpg
277KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>166537623
Finale is such fun. I wish it had a better crit chance though. Jester has the highest base Crit chance in the game, but all his skills have crap crit and get beaten out in total by Grave Robber.
>>
File: 1448020321444.jpg (105KB, 817x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448020321444.jpg
105KB, 817x960px
>>166537623
>Bone Sergent
>one shoulderguard
>33% Prot
>Bone Arbalest
>plate chestpiece and helmet
>0% Prot
>>
>>166539361
I remember at one point Finale had a +17% or so crit mod.
>>
>>166539361
I wish my grave robber with 22%+ crit chance could ACTUALLY FUCKING CRIT ONCE
>>
File: milk.jpg (32KB, 416x228px) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
32KB, 416x228px
>>166539415
Can you make sceleton actually bleed?
Like with right trinkest and maxed skills, it is possible?
>>
>>166539596
That's very excessive, but they nerfed it too much I think. It's still useful for sure though, just think there could have been a better middle ground.
>>
>>166539771
I think you can bleed them if you take your level 6 heroes with fully upgraded bleed skills and trinkets on an easy mission from the level removal town event.
>>
>>166539771
You used to but then they upped their bleed resist higher than any trinket could make it possible.
>>
>>166539886
Easy mission skeletons have 200% resistance and the highest achievable bleed chance is 199%, 139% from skills and up to +60% with possible trinket combinations. What I don't know is if you manage to lower their bleed resist with a skill without killing them, can you apply the bleed then?
>>
>>166420091
nice
>>
>>166540142
That's an interesting question, and something that could easily be tested with a GR/Jester Combo. You'd probably need to stack negative damage trinkets though.
>>
File: 20170119222348_1.jpg (392KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170119222348_1.jpg
392KB, 1920x1200px
Will Arbalest+Vestal+Hound+MAA work in DD2?
MAA obviously guards the one without the torch (probably Arbalest since she needs top dmg)
>>
>>166542405
That should work fine, though you'll need to have either the Arb or the HM with mark to get full use out of both. Who though really depends on your builds.
>>
HOLY SHIT /dadg/ IS BACK!?

I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY
>>
>>166547083
New updates, mod support and DLC soon Friend. We figured we'd try the general after a good 20 or so full threads on /v/ and now we're back.
>>
File: MeOnTheLeft.jpg (263KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
MeOnTheLeft.jpg
263KB, 878x900px
>Tfw you're rocking multiple Sun Rings and you forget to refresh the torch as you're walking into a room that is more than likely a room battle

I get so irrationally mad at myself for doing dumb shit like that.
>>
>>166547508
In case you didn't know, you can light a torch right before you enter a room even as you're locked into the enter animation. There's only a split second right before you enter the room that you can't.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, you can interrupt a forced curio interaction from a party member's quirk if you right click on a positive effect provision right as their speech bubble pops up.
>>
File: 20170125115147_1.jpg (37KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
20170125115147_1.jpg
37KB, 500x220px
How stressful
>>
>>166547770
What would happen if they replaced all the regular goblets in the hamlet's tavern with bone courtier goblets?
>>
Why is there so many good trinkets for position 4 or range attacks in general but so little good melee ones?

Trinkets from champion bosses are top tier for range heroes and there is literally not a single good one for melee damage.
>>
File: 1484114148102.png (191KB, 630x776px) Image search: [Google]
1484114148102.png
191KB, 630x776px
>>166548118
>put guy in for stress relief
>gets drunk but from the tempting goblet
>end up losing the money but stress remain unchanged
SKELETONS GO AWAY
>>
What are your thoughts on backer trinkets annd heroes? They are mostly free bonuses. Do you use them? I feel kinda bad because you can only get them by "cheat" kind of but still want them.
>>
Just had to retreat from a level 3 Hag fight, what do you guys think I did wrong?

Party was OC, HWM, GR, HEL. I basically couldn't damage her quickly enough and stave off her aoe attacks. Occultist had his hands full trying to heal so he couldn't mark for either pistol shot or throw dagger and Hellion had to attack the pot too frequently when she wasn't in it because the other party members didn't have the damage to do so.

I was thinking about maybe going double Vestal, row 2 vestal will have higher party heal due to that one trinket to help mitigate the partywide damage and hand of light to deal with giants on the way to hag. 2 Vestals would essentially allow me to heal as long as I need to but it's going to make me lose some damage even if her mace attack is PASSABLE.

What do you guys recommend against the final Hag? Please don't give advice if your experience is only based on her easy and medium forms.
>>
>>166550087
>Party was OC, HWM, GR, HEL

Houndmaster-Houndmaster-Houndmaster-Houndmaster nigga
>>
File: darkest dungeon All_Saints_Day.png (241KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
darkest dungeon All_Saints_Day.png
241KB, 500x240px
Religiousness seem to be a mid-scraped idea. Two or so camping skills related to it, a limitation to Abomination use and that's it. Religious characters don't even have a different use of the Abbey.
>>
File: 140.png (538KB, 834x555px) Image search: [Google]
140.png
538KB, 834x555px
>>166550087
Mark party bruh.
I always take party like that on her, becouse she's the easiest boss in my opion
>>
Dimas is dead

>Weald
>Giant and wolves
>wolves bleed him
>giant smackdowns him twice, one 40 damage crit still with the -dmg debuff
>bleed kills him

This game...seriously. And I got the wolves at the door.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-20+at+10.11.56).png (1MB, 1348x752px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-20+at+10.11.56).png
1MB, 1348x752px
>>166551365
Never give up hope
>>
File: 20170118231651_1.jpg (394KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170118231651_1.jpg
394KB, 1920x1200px
>>166529454
>okay friends I'm about to fight the first boss, the apprentice necro, what am I in for? Level 2 PD/Occult/Dismas/Reynauld.

Necro is easy, ruins probably have the easiest bosses in game. Might be the easiest location as well.
Was going for champion Necro and in a room fight before the boss 4 fucking spiders instakilled my almost full HP hellion without letting me do anything about it. Still killed the Necro with 3 people.
>>
>>166551365
I never go weald without a guard.
Giants and those yellow schmacks can obliterate your position 1-2 if you don't protect them with guard of antiquarian / maa or high dodge of hound master.
>>
>>166475002
Like always, Bounty Hunter carrying the team.
>>
File: DDBHHeroic1.jpg (263KB, 2502x2189px) Image search: [Google]
DDBHHeroic1.jpg
263KB, 2502x2189px
>>166552681
Best class in the game
>>
File: J61Q75E.jpg (135KB, 1278x704px) Image search: [Google]
J61Q75E.jpg
135KB, 1278x704px
>>166553207
wrong
>>
>>166553380
Leper's good, but he needs a lot of work to make him shine. BH is a bit more straightforward IMO
>>
>>166553207
how do you BH?
Ive always just used him as crowd controller and marker for gr and doggos
>>
File: 0998787654543.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
0998787654543.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>166532602
>Anons shit talk me for saying he shouldn't bring the arab man
>The arab man ends up killing two of his dudes
Like pottery
>>
>>166420091
very nice.
>>
>>166553665
They actually survived, but being at deathblow for the entire fight is butthole clenching. Unless this is common in bossfights, I don't actually know yet.

Also the experience system in this game sucks ass, new party members I want to use are desync'd and it's annoying as hell because they might overlevel.
>>
>>166553659
1.Click "Collect Bounty"
2.Click on enemy
3.(Snort)
>>
>>166509546
Amazing
>>
File: Jester-no-background.gif (242KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Jester-no-background.gif
242KB, 720x540px
some anon was asking for my gif without the background, I figured it out now
>>
File: 112515151515115.gif (495KB, 194x172px) Image search: [Google]
112515151515115.gif
495KB, 194x172px
>>166556929
that is some good work anon, more memes inc i hope
>>
File: collector.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
collector.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
fuck I've never fought this guy before

Should I just retreat? I don't know how tough this dude is but if it's as bad as I imagine, I won't be able to safely fight the boss.
>>
>>166556929
Fucking great work, man.
>>
>>166557645
Mark him and the hound will eat him for supper.
>>
>>166557645
He's not too bad if you can get rid of the highwaymen quickly when they're summoned.

You're probably gonna get stressed to fuck though.
>>
>>166557645
he's a bitch baby nerd born to have his lunch money taken from him every time he shows his stupid face
>>
>>166556929
i need a mod that whenever you get critted this guy jumps up from the bottom of the screen playing a tune

>how quickly the tide turns
>*mocking banjo solo*
>>
will this game ever come to tablets?
i mean, they bothered to release it on fucking vita of all things, they surely will port it to tablets, yes?
or should i just givew up on waiting for a tablet release and go for it on pc...
>>
How much would it fuck the game if crits pierced protection?
>>
>Plague Doctor, Vestal, Leper, Crusader party in the ruins
>destroying everything with ease
>get surprised
>party order is reversed

Well, I learned all about the importance of mobility there.
>>
Woa woa woa. The game's alive again?

What happened? Did I miss an update or something?
>>
>>166556929
>>>/wsg/1511796
>>
File: collector.jpg (448KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
collector.jpg
448KB, 1920x1080px
>>166557856
>>166557748
>>166557872
yeah it was pretty easy

now time to fight the hag. I feel like my party might not be able to do enough damage but hey we'll see.
>>
>>166558669
The Hag should be pretty easy with that party.
>>
>>166558669
bets on occultist biting it.
Or killing the BH as he ALWAYS does.
>>
File: faceoff7.gif (738KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
faceoff7.gif
738KB, 620x400px
>>166558640
amazing
>>
>>166558640
whats the music sauce anyways
>>
>>166560909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDiJiGuUeBo
>>
>>166560251
>>166558836
BH got potted, but I killed her without needing to heal anyone. Houndmaster does some pretty respectable damage once he's buffed up.
>>
>>166553659
It depends, really. He's really good at disrupting the enemy formation, and his stuns are great, so you can use those. He can also be your main damage dealer in a mark party, and he can use his attacks from most positions, so he's also good in a team with Jesters and GRs.
>>
>>166533857
So right, some anons have said that judging by the end of the game, we're all part of the heart of darkness, and what we see after the first DD is what we're destined to return to.

So what if the light is actually the flipside of the coin. It is a sort of heavenly master, an outsider or astral being that is attempting to steal humanity and the world from the clutches of this creature they have spawned from by forcing order into its designs. Life might've started as the formless masses that we see in the DD, but somewhere along the way, another elder being of immense power started forcing its own will on creations, making them distinct and semi-uniform, creating humanity, animals, plants, and everything else. Humans find themselves stuck between an eldrich being attempting to make their bodies one with itself, and another eldrich being attempting to make their minds one with him. Both sides are equally terrifying in different ways, and humanity doesn't have a lot of say beyond attempting to influence one or the other.
>>
Through modding, would it be possible to have a "large" character class? Like a giant that takes up two slots in a party.
>>
>>166550568
Originally, characters would gain certain quirks that would make them gain or lose religiousness. If you look at one of the vestal's camp skills, it prevents midnight ambush ONLY if she herself is religious.

If my guess is correct, I imagine they left it in for flavor purposes, but decided that managing religiousness and irreligiousness was too much of a chore to bother with.
>>
How many have you lost /dadg/?
>>
>>166557935
RH mentioned looking in to "other platoforms" and how DD really lends itself to a touch screen, so I'd say it's happening eventually. No ETA though.
>>
>>166565353
Did they change some sprites or something?
>>
>>166565145
it sounds extremely autistic which makes it perfect for the game

I hope they add it in the DLC, it's possible it was scrapped because they didn't have the time for it.
>>
>>166565812
Someone might mod it in the game when Steam Workshop integration comes
>>
File: 13112958786.jpg (18KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
13112958786.jpg
18KB, 300x323px
>>166565353
>that arby mod
>>
>Beyond the Grave event
>Reynauld Lives Again!!!
>>
What happens if you lose a trophy trinket in a dungeon? Is it just gone forever?
>>
File: 1471458236152.png (685KB, 1130x934px) Image search: [Google]
1471458236152.png
685KB, 1130x934px
>>166518473
>>166520739
>immediately think it's shit because eyes
>notice the eyes of the HM and GR are inverted
>realize it's because they're afflicted
Though I'd still prefer no eyes, it's actually a nice touch
>>
>>166565379
i hope they release it this year, i really would appreciate it.
as it is now, my tablet is used only as a shitposting/point and click adventure games machine
>>
>>166564929
Don't think so. That would take A LOT of re-coding.
>>
File: Rudyard_Kipling_(portrait).jpg (13KB, 225x299px) Image search: [Google]
Rudyard_Kipling_(portrait).jpg
13KB, 225x299px
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Dungeon and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll beat this Game, my son!
>>
What trinkets are actually good and worth keeping? I have a ton in the bank that I'd like to sell for money, but I'm not sure if even the low level ones should be sold.
>>
>>166528751
I think backtracking uses less torchlight, gives you a faster move speed and is less likely to trigger hunger checks
>>
>>166569305
You can sell duplicates, generally.
>>
File: 1483817800258.png (154KB, 850x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483817800258.png
154KB, 850x600px
>>166523418
Mostly personal preference. A Highwayman can fit into almost any comp and Crusaders are gods in the ruins and still solid frontliners in other dungeons too. I've personally had reasonable success with a rank 1 Hellion or rank 2 BH w/ rank 4 support. Vestal+PD is always a safe choice, though I personally prefer Dismas in rank 1 w/ point blank shot & advance as opposed to being plunked into rank 2 with a ranged build. Then there's always the shuffle party, but I'm personally not a fan of those.
>>
File: DDFIGS2.jpg (211KB, 1518x1416px) Image search: [Google]
DDFIGS2.jpg
211KB, 1518x1416px
>it's a "first curio of the Long dungeon is Shambler's Altar and you decide to light it, killing two of your heroes and leaving the fight with the other two afflicted, then retreat with no treasures collected and cry over your wasted provisions" run
>it's a "leper and arbalest get swapped" run
>it's a "deathblow by blight after you threw away your antivenoms to pick up 1000 gold" run
>it's a "killed the Swine God and then got the whole team killed by Wilbur" run
>it's a "team member got a virtue at death's door and a deathblow immediately afterwards" run
>>
>>166569358
>backtracking uses less torchlight
This much I know is true. Every step(square) in a hallway/room you haven't traverse yet costs 6 Torchlight, whereas backtracking only costs 1.
>>
>>166569305
You should keep one of each and keep doubles of ones you personally find very useful, very rare trinkets and light based trinkets. That way you'll never be in a position where you don't have freedom to pick a party you want and you can still sell plenty that you'll really never need multiples of like position based trinkets or trinkets that have straight upgrades. Don't fall for the meme of felling all low tier trinkets, some of them are actually very good and get more useful as you get higher level. The Slayer rings are a good example.
>>
>>166569863
I love the idea of PD looking for excuses the butcher his allies
>>
File: 1449537207353.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449537207353.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>use Weapons Practice
>Vestal and PD get the +5% crit
>GR doesn't
>>
File: 1483037865344.jpg (142KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1483037865344.jpg
142KB, 500x449px
>reach champion level dungeons
>no new challenge, just super buffed up stats on enemies to drag out fights.
>>
File: skeleton_bearer.combat.gif (1MB, 239x535px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton_bearer.combat.gif
1MB, 239x535px
>>166571626
Soon.
>>
>>166571626
You think they will rebalance the enemy stats once they add new monsters?
>>
>>166571626
>no new challenge

You can finish veteran dungeons without healers no problem. Leveling up characters from 0 to 5 is super easy.
You have to actually think what you are doing in champion dungeons.
>>
>>166572375
>houndmaster misses 2 times in a row
>bounty hunter misses 3 times in a row
>the occultist was literally at 2hp

Yes look at me anon I'm thinking so hard right now.
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-25 10-48-48-56.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-25 10-48-48-56.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck? I had Evasive locked in.
>>
How to Wolves at the Door?
>>
>>166573006
Random town event that increases its chance to activate every week.
>>
>>166572838
Darkest Dungeon don't give a shit, be glad you didn't walk out with an Occultist instead of Vestal
>>
>>166572636
Try bringing some accuracy trinkets and a reliable healer then, retard. Get specific characters with accuracy quirks, use mark to reduce dodge, etc.

RNG blame in DD is the easiest way to spot a newfag.
>>
>>166573052
Yea, but how do I complete it without getting shitstomped?
>>
File: grave_robber.sprite.jpg (33KB, 361x427px) Image search: [Google]
grave_robber.sprite.jpg
33KB, 361x427px
>>166571827
I want to throw my dagger right into its helmet hole.
>>
File: 20170121060931_1.jpg (490KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170121060931_1.jpg
490KB, 1920x1200px
>>166573006
>How to Wolves at the Door?

ANY PROTECTION SPELL ON BOMB

HOW HARD CAN IT BE
>>
>>166573641
A class with Guard is invaluable for that fight.
>>
File: 0ef.png (2MB, 1629x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0ef.png
2MB, 1629x1080px
>>166573650
Useless bitch never crit with 23% crit chance
>>
File: 1449795728965.jpg (10KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449795728965.jpg
10KB, 240x250px
>>166573690
>Dodge the bomb
>The bomb is placed on your feet anyway
>>
File: 758.png (742KB, 1765x1468px) Image search: [Google]
758.png
742KB, 1765x1468px
Pssshh, fuccboi, wanna join us for DD2?
>>
File: 1474951350942.jpg (256KB, 1599x920px) Image search: [Google]
1474951350942.jpg
256KB, 1599x920px
>>166573774
Mine crits all the time. She's practically my stress healer.
>>
File: jester.sprite.attack_lute.png (64KB, 629x442px) Image search: [Google]
jester.sprite.attack_lute.png
64KB, 629x442px
>>166556929
As promised i made the shitty edit that can be used in game.
Place this in
common\DarkestDungeon\heroes\jester\jester_A\anim
and it should replace the attack animation sprite for the jester's two lute-playing moves. Only palette A of course, colors wouldn't match otherwise.
Unless i fucked up, i didn't try it myself.
>>
I really wish the sanitarium didn't cure all diseases. I really want to keep The Fits on my vestal.
>>
>>166573985
>desiesed corpse pussy
nty, hellion and vestal only zone here friendo
>>
>>166573690
I don't have a level 6 MAA though. Or even a level 5 Hellion or HM. I could roll with two level 6 HWM, level 6 Vestal, and level 5 MAA. I just don't want to fail it because I don't have high enough level characters. I'd rather just suicide with some low level fucks if I'm gonna fail anyway.
>>
>>166574437
Level 5 MAA is enough.

All he needs to do is to use prot and spam party buffs.
>>
>>166574363
The diarrea one?
>>
File: 1424808097077.png (62KB, 230x261px) Image search: [Google]
1424808097077.png
62KB, 230x261px
>>166574363
>>
>>166574363
>Have a Leper with +acc quirk
>Take him to the Weald to get rabies
>He gets another disease upon quest completion
>Sanitarium cures both
>>
>>166574709
>>166574835
It gives +3 speed at the cost of -5acc and -5crit. Worth it since she's healing most of the time and heal skills work off their own crit chance, at least I believe they do since I've crit healed with 0% crit before.
>>
File: 1485226256168.jpg (2KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
1485226256168.jpg
2KB, 123x125px
>>166573970
>tfw no fuccboi character in DD
I know it doesn't belong, but I just like cute boys in my vidya
>>
>>166575523
Jester.
>>
File: jester.sprite.attack_bow.png (163KB, 466x746px) Image search: [Google]
jester.sprite.attack_bow.png
163KB, 466x746px
>>166575617
he is kinda cute. isn't he
trap jester skin when
>>
>>166575617
kill jester
>>
>>166575523
>no fuccboi vampire class
>no cute creepy doll-carrying loli

honestly I just want characters that aren't the same height as the others, it always kinda bothered me.
>>
>>166575523
>Muh fetish needs to be in every game
>>
File: trap jester.png (369KB, 985x997px) Image search: [Google]
trap jester.png
369KB, 985x997px
>>166576116
>>166575523
Did someone say trap jester?
You faggots thought this wasn't a thing didn't you?
>>
File: 1485080405086.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485080405086.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
Just beat my first Necromancer bois

>Every one super stressed and hungry before boss
>Spend fight struggling to heal with Occulist
>PD stuns not working
>Consider giving up
>BH and PD hit breaking point but are courageous
>PD stuns constantly and BH crits for days

TIDE
>>
>>166576339
I know this feel
The leper should be at least a head taller than most people him being the slow hard hitter that he is
>>
>>166475002
Fangasmic
>>
File: 1482000531580.png (419KB, 692x997px) Image search: [Google]
1482000531580.png
419KB, 692x997px
>>166576413
>implying I don't have a folder of him
>>
>>166486581
GET THE FUCK OUT MAN
>>
>>166532282
Yes yes, let the jew flow through you
>>
File: 507px-Polyp.png (221KB, 507x599px) Image search: [Google]
507px-Polyp.png
221KB, 507x599px
BANISH
>>
>Hand of Light
>-50% damage
>+35% to Unholy
What's the point? Better of just using Mace Bash if you just looking to deal some damage.
>>
>>166578798
Stop barfing my fucking jester to the back, and keeping that poor vestal in the front you FUCK.
>>
>>166578798
>brought my Leper with Balanced locked
>Polyps literally do nothing

>go on dA to look for any juicy Leper fanart to go with my post
>find this shit instead

THE MIND CANNOT HOPE TO WITHSTAND SUCH AN ASSAULT
>>
>>166581223
Some experiments should have never happened.
>>
>>166578798
Is this some new boss or something?
>>
>>166581658
Common enemy in DD2 and DD3. Spams Banish at your rank 1 and 2 guys and it pushes them all the way to the back.
>>
>>166581223
>Go in somewhat blind to DD2.
>Templar with two polyps fight, notice a move resist after banish.
>Every turn, another banish hits, I wait for the inevitable for my leper to get pushed to rank 4.
>Seven turns later, still at the front.

I wasn't prepared for shuffles, but I will be now.
>>
File: hm.jpg (6KB, 255x110px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
6KB, 255x110px
What did he mean by this?

Also,

>all the men accept their deaths
>all the women except the Hellion beg for their lives

nice game
>>
>>166583395
Yeah I really wished the grave robber or the vestal wouldnt have been such a bitch
>>
>>166583395
Antiquarian doesn't freak out.
>>
>>166584096
What does she say?
>>
File: 1484144801868.gif (549KB, 415x384px) Image search: [Google]
1484144801868.gif
549KB, 415x384px
>>166583395
Nice subliminal redpill from Radhook
>>
>>166574028
Someone post what this looks like ingame
>>
>>166584158
"A proper merchant never pays full price!"
>insert jew face meme
>>
>>166583395
>not being a proud warrior
>>
>>166575349
I'm pretty sure the crit chance on heals is its own thing that's unaffected by any positive or negatives.
>>
>>166586702
Right, that's what I was saying. I wish we knew for certain, though.
>>
>>166585896
what kind of madman brings an antiquarian to the final boss though
>>
>>166579474
It's the other -DMG skill like Occultist's except it actually does damage while you're stacking -DMG on the giant. I regularly bring a row 2 Vestal into werald for giants specifically.
>>
File: avatar_12bbfd177820_128.png (27KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
27KB, 128x128px
>+15% virtue chance on next quest
>Bring party to take down Inchoate Flesh
>After beating boss and camping, find a Shambler's Altar
>Everyone hits 100 stress
>Everyone becomes virtuous
>No one dies
That was fun
>>
>>166587213
The show off that brought 4 to the final boss
>>
>>166524809
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.
>>
>>166588456
Ex-fucking-cuse me?
>>
File: 1482404414484.png (559KB, 982x922px) Image search: [Google]
1482404414484.png
559KB, 982x922px
>Cyst lived with 1 hp
>Teleport
>>
File: 1484962166912.jpg (107KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
1484962166912.jpg
107KB, 591x422px
>>166576609
Where is that guy?
>>
>>166573985
Source ?
I don't remenber seeing it before.
>>
>>166592857
http://imgur.com/a/kErjz
>>
Every single negative review about this game complains about the last dungeon
Tell me true, /dadg/: Does the darkest dungeon rely heavily on RNG and does the game overall heavily rely on it killing you and you having to grind up new heroes again?
I have no problem with grinding a squad of soldiers, I loved just doing random missions in XCOM: EU to make my dudes become better and better, but if you can't reliably beat the final level then that's kinda shitty
>>
>>166593156
The DD itself is probably the most fair in the game, since it's all scripted.
>>
>>166593156
Darkest Dungeon would be a million times better if the gold cost of things was halved or removed. Gold and lackthereof makes the RNG become tedious, and while you can git gud enough to manage it, a few unlucky dicerolls could set you back a week or so, meaning you have to grind up gold again. Remove the gold schenanigans, you remove the grindiness.
>>
>>166593358
It's scripted? The reviews don't make it soumd like that
Here's a random one:
>The problem is the final level. Here nothing is balanced. The RNG coupled with enemies having high dodge, high resistances, and crippling damage and critical hit chances makes every enemy hell to fight. Meanwhile your characters do not get significantly more powerful, it costs far more to get rid of stress and disease, and the trinkets you find don't get any more powerful.
>>166593503
Yeah that sounds about in line with what I've read
I'll probably buy the game on sale because the combat and management system itself looks fun as fuck
>>
File: 1457776706704.jpg (156KB, 1000x788px) Image search: [Google]
1457776706704.jpg
156KB, 1000x788px
>>166593087
Thanks you, kind sir.
>>
>>166572838
Wut
Should I never spend precious gold on locking then?
>>
>>166593698
Yes the DD is pre-made, everything was planted where it is by the devs and future playthroughs of the DD will be exactly the same.

Naturally the enemies are the toughest in the game, as they should be, but they are by no means unfair. The biggest threats you'll encounter are bleed damage, stress damage, the boss fight in DD2, and being teleported in DD3. Enemy damage is still in range of the other dungeons but they do indeed have more health and dodge, but next to no prot. All but like 2 or 3 enemies in the entire DD have more than 100% resist to any status effect, meaning you can stun/move/blight/bleed things with ease, the final boss included.
>>
>>166594128
That's the only time I've ever seen that happen and I've been playing since EA. I'm just going to guess that it's a bug.
>>
>>166594152
Guess I misread it and they just mean RNG fucks you over with damage ranges or with status effects triggering
>>
>>166593698
The game's half off on the Humble Bundle store
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/darkest-dungeon?hmb_source=search_bar
>>
>>166594658
Thanks for the heads-up but I have about a million other games I wanna play first and I'm trying not to buy games I'm not sure I'll ever play
>>
Any word on when the Crimson Court is going to be released?
>>
File: 1369121811934.jpg (24KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1369121811934.jpg
24KB, 400x500px
>tfw instant level 4 from 0 in a medium Champion mission with Ancestor's Portrait + DD hero(es)
>>
>>166597289
Delayed til April. Radiant patch should be right around the corner, though.
>>
>fucking about with parties
>bring Jester, Plague Doc, Vestal, MAA to a long werald map
>battles take longer but end at full HP and 0 stress at the end of nearly every battle

Is stress/hp healing on the last two enemies the cheesiest shit in the game
>>
>>166594152
>All but like 2 or 3 enemies in the entire DD have more than 100% resist to any status effect

Typo?
>>
>Haven't played since the first patch
>Want to get back into it since Abomination and Hound Master look fun
What do I need to git gud again? Just play and don't be a baby?
>>
>>166597617
This is how I feel about 2 Vestal 2 Crusader parties. Heals out the fucking ass, in-combat stress heals if really needed, and party wide stress heals at camp, it's fucking nuts and pretty cheap feeling.
>>
>>166593156
The DD isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but it is hard. This game is actually far more forgiving than Xcom EW and 2 are in terms of losing and releveling your units.
>>166597743
Yes
>>
>>166597828
First official release patch or first EA patch? That's going to make a very, very big difference in what you're coming back into.
>>
>>166594476
In darkest dungeon, I've found that a large majority of things that happen are either 0-10% chances or 90-100% chances.

chances are additive, meaning that it's common to have over 100% chances to do things.

Personally I've never lost a Darkest Dungeon run more than once or twice. It's not nearly as hard as the game makes it out to be. You just have to come prepared for it. I think I may have lucked out on one of the runs, though.
>>
>>166597743
No. Most enemies in those missions have 60-90% resistances.
>>
>>166599053
That sounds pretty good
>>166598387
Oh yeah XCOM is all about grinding ahead of a hard mission so you don't get fucked by having terrible equipment
If you have to grind up new soldiers you might as well just start a new run
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-25 16-15-38-43.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-25 16-15-38-43.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>powerleveling new recruits
>it finally dropped
>>
File: 1452185982837.png (198KB, 514x774px) Image search: [Google]
1452185982837.png
198KB, 514x774px
>>
>>166602263
What's that?
>>
File: 1453668111792.png (424KB, 995x647px) Image search: [Google]
1453668111792.png
424KB, 995x647px
>>166602409
Just a drawing from a /v/ thread from about a year ago. There was one of a ship captain type character and a girl with a cannon, but I can't find them anymore.
>>
>>166599695
Congrats m8. I went through the struggle of getting that myself.
>>
>2017
>STILL no samurai class
>>
>>166604980
Not surprised, doesn't really fit with the theme. I bet they could do something neat though.
>>
>>166604980
>stress reaches 100
>commits sudoku
>>
File: Bump in the Night.png (140KB, 576x550px) Image search: [Google]
Bump in the Night.png
140KB, 576x550px
>>
File: 133287783982.gif (1MB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
133287783982.gif
1MB, 180x180px
>>166609395
That's actually good.
>>
File: 1457776706705.jpg (842KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457776706705.jpg
842KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>166614135
Wish there was more of this.
>>
>>166570124
>it's a "killed the Swine God and then got the whole team killed by Wilbur" run

Just happened to me, killed 2 of my virtuous characters on the last 10hp of Wilbur. got an achievement though
>>
File: CrimsonCourt.jpg (727KB, 1000x1671px) Image search: [Google]
CrimsonCourt.jpg
727KB, 1000x1671px
So, what's everyones expectation on the upcoming DLC?

How many of you are gonna turn into vampires and refuse treatment incurring the wrath of The Fanatic?

Any guesses as to the lore behind the court? Or what enemies to expect? Hopefully more endgame content.
>>
>>166618042
Is the court going to be a new area to explore like the ruins/weald? As long as the end game isn't just adding 30 dodge / 60% prot to everything then I'm fine
>>
>>166618042
>How many of you are gonna turn into vampires and refuse treatment incurring the wrath of The Fanatic?

wait, did they talk about this? Is this how it works?
>>
>>166618161
hopefully. maybe an area accessible after defeating the darkest dungeon, like in the ruins of the manor itself, to give all those level 6 heroes that already jumped in the dungeon something to do and die from.
>>166618746
the wiki has a small bit of info on The Fanatic. basically, the devs said that he's going to be a wandering boss that will only attack your party if one of your members has the Crimson Curse. then he'll tie them to a burning pyre and chant buffs while they get immolated, and if you attack the pyre he'll stomp your party with his hammer. so like a different version of the Hag that's actually lethal.
they also mentioned the possibility of giving him an audio cue before your party encounters him. I'm also assuming that the Crimson Curse will actually give your party member some buffs, which is why you would ever go into the court again without removing it i guess
>>
>>
>>166619223
Oh, I was rather hoping vampires were going to be a new class, but that's cool too I guess.
>>
>>166599695
>>166604193

Where or when would you use it?
>>
>>166619684
Maybe there'll be vampiric versions of every class and it'll change their visual appearance.
>>166621193
Can't get stressed if you don't get hit.
>>
>>166621413
>Maybe there'll be vampiric versions of every class and it'll change their visual appearance.
>Vampire GR waifu

Be still, my heart.
>>
File: 20170125232148_1.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170125232148_1.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
>Going through DD3
>Find my first Cyst, this can't be too bad.
>Turn 3, teleport.
>Kill the little critters while healing to full, walk through the halls towards my destination.
>Another cyst.
>Turn 2, teleport.
>Backtrack again.
>Surprise! Cyst.
>Another fucking turn 2 teleport.
>Land in an area I already landed in, find the same cyst I had worked through before.
>Take him down to ~30 health, next turn, he critically hits my occultist and poisons him, and I am teleported again.
>Manage to take down the hounds that show before my occultist takes his turn, so I can cure his blight without a death's door check.
>Very next room, the entire enemy group gangs up on my crusader who's stuck in rank 3 when my grave robber was pulled forward.
>Can't get a heal for more than 2 health on him.
>Blight has stacked up ticking 12 a turn.
>Hound crits for 30.
>Crusader stunned.
>Healed for 0.
>Bleed on top of it for shits and giggles.
>Dies to an antibody before he can bleed out.
>Finish off the group and make the call.

>Grave Robber stays behind sobbing over the corpse of the man she's been to every dungeon with while the abominations close in around her, giving the other two time to escape.

This was the hardest choice I made in the entire game, even though I knew it was the right one. Leaving a man to die.
>>
>>166619263
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>166623675
I have no idea, anon.
>>
File: 1452985751522.png (428KB, 1280x673px) Image search: [Google]
1452985751522.png
428KB, 1280x673px
>>166583395
>>166584096

Muskeeter doesn't freak out either. She says something like "All for one, and one for all!"

>>166602985

Here is the canon girl.

>>166604980
>>166607959

Assuming the world of Darkest Dungeon has the same layout of our own, which hero do you think came from the furthest way? The hamlet is obviously somewhere in Europe, the Hellion is probably a foreign hero (she sometimes dismisses the other heroes as "cityfolk") who's inspiration for her design looks to be that of Celtic warriors, the Occultist is obviously Middle Eastern, but where does the Antiquarian come from?

>>166618042

Trinket that boosts chance to bleed (the vial that the noblewoman is carrying.)
Lots of enemies that inflict bleed. Maybe a mosquito enemy that'll be like the bleeding version of the spiders we all know and love.
Hopefully, they'll salvage some of the unused monsters from the concept art for the bosses like the unholy floating zombie pope thing.
Hopefully some porn of the noblewoman
>>
Is there a way to make the game less grindy?
>>
>Start new game for fun.
>Now more experienced at playing game
>Remember first time beating the intro mission I clicked the button to return to the hamlet instead of sticking around to open the chest.
>Mop the floor with intro enemies.
>Open chest.
>Crusader gets blighted.

>Start ruins intro mission.
>Beat it with ease
>Remember going home immediately after completing quest on the first time.
>Nah nigga I'mma make sure to go into every single room before I return home.
>Last room has a collector.
>Barely beat it.

Overconfidence sure is biting me in the ass so far.
>>
>>166623993
http://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/280/?
Only works on a new game, though
>>
>>166624228
Does it prevent me from getting achievements?
>>
>>166624451
I haven't a clue. I don't see why they would.
>>
>>166624734
Cool shit.
>>
>>166623993
The very next update is supposed to address that with a more rapid campaign.
>>
>>166622056
Good job Anon. You saved lives today.
>>
>>166625283
ETA?
>>
I just got through finishing a no supply run to get more gold and heirlooms to upgrade my town. Did I do good?

Sent in a vestal, PD, crusader and hellion on long mission through the weald not expecting them to finish the quest. That crusader managed to keep everyone from going crazy until the last battle but nobody died and they succeeded in their mission. I was tempted to keep him but he was so riddled with diseases, bad quirks and didn't have any good ones worth keeping so i had to let him go.
>>
>>166623808
>>166619263
THESE TWO DO NOT BELONG IN THIS GAME.

AND THAT GOES DOUBLY SO FOR THE BROWNTIQUARIAN, YOU HEAR ME?
>>
>>166626196
>no jewoman
>long mission

You wouldnt even need to do these. I only run long missions for trinkets. If you party with her, you probably reach full inventory before half mission, do it in the dark for more loot.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (19KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
19KB, 239x207px
>finish mission with full health, sub 20 stress, never went to death's door
>still get a negative trait
why is this a thing. they should reward good gameplay instead of saying "lol RNJesus fucked you"

it's super simple too. just make it so that every death's door increases chance of negative perk, and +50 stress does so as well, while only giving good perks for food runs.
>>
>>166626162
Early February, so very possibly in less than two weeks.
>>
>>166626556
Didn't have a jewoman to send in. The game has been stingy with antiquarians and men at arms but i'm drowning in plague doctors and arbalests. The two jews I did get both died. One to the random 1% chance of a shambler appearing and murdering my party and I don't remember exactly how the second died but it was in a battle with lots of bleed or blight.
>>
>>166623932
I imagine she's from the same area of the world as the Occultist. Probably a different part, maybe more south? I dunno, I'm not an expert on history.
>>
File: C2pdTUYXAAAw3EH.jpg (151KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C2pdTUYXAAAw3EH.jpg
151KB, 1200x675px
Any ideas about the new enemies in the upcoming update? I heard the skeleton banner guy is supposed to buff enemies. Maybe an effect similar to the resurrecting bone piles from PBD? Also, this chick looks really damn tall next to those Fungal Scratchers
>>
>>166627673
>>166623932
i think the devs said her design was inspired by the silk road
>>
File: GcZR77F.png (2MB, 1785x1640px) Image search: [Google]
GcZR77F.png
2MB, 1785x1640px
>>166614135
>showing PD's face or hair

What is this infidel shit?
>>
>>166628052
Pretty sure I read the banner wielders are going to use necromantic powers as well. And I'm hoping that she's tall like the Necromancer and doesn't take up two spaces. That would give her a lot more potential party comps.
>>166628096
Ah that would make sense then. That was that huge trade route through Eurasia right?
>>
>>
File: 1273bc297936b060.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1273bc297936b060.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
Ok, fuck NG+.
Just lost another HWM bc I did no damage the first turn bc of dodge, he hit no one with repost bc of dodge and then he heat double crits.
And to top it all off, the puke pig survives with 1 HP to start the next round first and crits before finally having the grace to fuck off.
>>
>>166602263
not half bad really. Coulda fooled me.
>>
File: DDBHAfflicted1.png (445KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DDBHAfflicted1.png
445KB, 768x1024px
Bumping the thread.
Also what's your favourite class? Mine is pic related
>>
>>166630616
Hellion or Crusader.
>>
>>166630616
Bounty Hunter, after that I dig Occultist, then Grave Robber and Hellion.
>>
File: CXiY1H4U0AA6XpZ.jpg (51KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
CXiY1H4U0AA6XpZ.jpg
51KB, 600x401px
>>166630616
>>
File: 1423448142170.png (312KB, 1600x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1423448142170.png
312KB, 1600x1083px
>suncloak and protective collar on houndman
>spam guard on squishy nerd
>Regularly have over 80-100 dodge
>actualy becomes a ddgetank
Holy shit this is amazing, any suggestions for other trinkets for stacking dodge?
>>
>>166630616
Deus vult son
>>
File: uSaBYvf.jpg (177KB, 1867x534px) Image search: [Google]
uSaBYvf.jpg
177KB, 1867x534px
>>166630616
Abomination.
Closely followed by Crusader.
>>
File: 250px-Leper.png (99KB, 250x339px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Leper.png
99KB, 250x339px
>>166630616
Leper

I love physically strong characters hiding their faces with weird masks

Gameplay-wise, Plague Doctor
>>
>>166626572
Remind yourself
>>
>>166626572
I've thought this exact same thing. It doesn't make sense for a party to breeze their way through a dungeon, ending it on very little stress, and coming out battle scarred.

Perhaps they did this knowing that if they did it the more logical way, people would just circumvent this by ensuring their party os capable of ending at low stress? So instead of encouraging that sort of thing, they just made it an RNG thing so everyone is on equal fotting there, without any need to resort to "cheese" as people say.
>>
>>166628828
>>
File: Should.png (1015KB, 1366x732px) Image search: [Google]
Should.png
1015KB, 1366x732px
I-it's gonna be the end after this one room right?
>>
>>166632761
show inventory
>>
>>166632814
it's not full enough for me. I have like 4 pieces of food left and some bandages.
>>
File: 1484633223886.jpg (340KB, 1476x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1484633223886.jpg
340KB, 1476x2160px
>>166632203
>>
anyone know how to run this in borderless full screen? for some reason I used to be able to but now the borders are back and I have no idea why
>>
File: 1477380631112.png (87KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
1477380631112.png
87KB, 242x206px
>tfw my 3 highest level dudes die in a brigand raid
This fucking game
>>
>>166626572
>why is this a thing. they should reward good gameplay instead of saying "lol RNJesus fucked you"
It happens very often honestly.
I have plenty of ~5 stress max completed runs with no death doors both champion or veteran levels and still get deceases and negative quirks.

Makes no sense.

Also I wish they'd remake a wagon with trinkets because it costs a fortune and I never used it. It's completely useless. Maybe for speedruns if you can get lucky and snatch a viable trinket like PD's class vial for stuns and blight and accuracy.

Survivalist building could provide something more too. There's almost no reason to even upgrade it considering that the cost is pretty low already and honestly you only need prevent ambush ability and bonuses are not THAT important.
>>
File: Black-hHarry-001.jpg (149KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Black-hHarry-001.jpg
149KB, 960x960px
>>166630616
>Also what's your favourite class?

HWM is a badass. Riposte with antiquarian's shield is OP.
>>
>>166628052
I hope she has some kind of blight attack that hit one target, then spreads to another hero next turn, and continues, while stacking, until it's cleansed completely.
>>
>>166628828
>A loli walks these halls... only the mad or the degenerate go in search of her
>>
>>166631810
4u
>>
File: aroused.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aroused.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>166570809
>his

How dare you say that about best waifu?
>>
File: adorbmination.jpg (375KB, 1277x1280px) Image search: [Google]
adorbmination.jpg
375KB, 1277x1280px
>>166630616
I ____ __ ___ the Abomination!
>>
>>166634574
>eyes
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
Wish me luck.
>>
File: 1458693950002.jpg (217KB, 1038x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458693950002.jpg
217KB, 1038x540px
>>166634654
We know, Dismas, we know.
>>
Any good class mods?

I downloaded the pit fighter,but he has no sounds for skills and that,triggers me.
>>
>>166631810
>[MISS]
>>
File: 192.jpg (637KB, 1500x1451px) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
637KB, 1500x1451px
Are we getting new location in DLC or smth?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>166634747
You may have let me down more times than I can remember, Reynauld, but all is forgiven.
>>
>>166622056
Why did you unequip trinkets?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>166635403
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>166635512
>>
>>166635586
>>166635512
>>166635403
Based Reynauld, being focused when it counts.
>>
>>166635586
And after that Reynauld came out with Ruins Scrounger and Dismas got Vertigo.
>>
>Its another episode of my low level PD ,gets pummeled by criting fishmens

How much crit chance the fish mens with harpoons roll?¿
>>
>>166635818
>Spearfishing
>6% / 11% / 12% crit

>Seaward Slash
>2% / 6% / 7% crit
>>
>>166635453
The fella that is left behind dies with his trinkets, so it's better to unequip everyone's trinkets in order not to lose them
>>
>>166636020
Oh, I see.
Good to know.
>>
>>166636020
>Thanks for making the ultimate sacrifice, comrade
>By the way, we're going to need your possessions before we go
>>
Worst enemie in game ?

Appart of the fungal giant.
>>
>>166636128
*dodges ur iron swan
>>
>>166553207
Seeing how his abilities work and how he looks, he was always Batman for me.
>>
File: japwizards.jpg (181KB, 853x437px) Image search: [Google]
japwizards.jpg
181KB, 853x437px
>>166604980
>wanting a DD weeb class that's anything but a onmyōji, japanese diviners tasked by the emperor to exorcise evil spirits as well as summon them and curse people
>either traditional pointy hat guys or early 1900s Japanese military M Bison wizard hired to curse FDR
>would be like they are in Sengoku Rance and have a shield they can put on allies to absorb a single attack, an attack that requires a turn or two to charge and hits the entire enemy party for unresistable %based damage and other shit i dunno something that gives a bonus when used to last hit like a sanity heal or some shit
>>
>>166636128
Fishmen.
>>
File: Thigh Robber.png (51KB, 350x439px) Image search: [Google]
Thigh Robber.png
51KB, 350x439px
>>
File: ASPECT RAIDOU.jpg (269KB, 1270x635px) Image search: [Google]
ASPECT RAIDOU.jpg
269KB, 1270x635px
>>166636830
>Raidou for DD
I'd back it.
>>
File: DDFanatic1.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
DDFanatic1.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
What are you expecting from the upcoming DLC?
>>
>>166630616
>>
>>166635919
This explains a lot actually
>>
>>166640182
Fun
>>
>>166611291
DODGE
>>
File: stannis-baratheon.png (372KB, 577x752px) Image search: [Google]
stannis-baratheon.png
372KB, 577x752px
>>166640182
>>
>>166640182
I hope the Affinity system is finally introduced.
>>
>>166640182
the fanatic did LITERALLY nothing wrong
>>
File: Gayest Dungeon.jpg (615KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gayest Dungeon.jpg
615KB, 1000x1000px
>>166627673

Maybe. In Antiquarian's origin comic, her master has about the same skin color as the occultist, but the woman to be sacrificed is very pale (although it's possible that one or both of them came from far away from where the sacrifice was being held.)

>>166628096

Oh right, I forgot about that. I remember a lot of people speculating that she would be Chinese before she came out, since we already had a black hero and an Arab hero and China was one of the most well known countries of the silk road.

The decision for her to be "silk road" inspired was voted upon by the kickstarter backers. The other options were Gypsy and Privateer. Are you guys happy with what we got now, or would you have preferred one of the other flavors (she was always meant to be treasure seeker and a weakling though)?

>>166641241

I wouldn't count on it. One of the comments they made in the steam forum said something along the lines of that being something they wanted to do, but it would "take a long time..."
>>
>>166641685
>but it would "take a long time..."
>expansion delayed

A little hope, however desperate, is never without worth.
>>
>>166641685
>Are you guys happy with what we got now, or would you have preferred one of the other flavors
I have no qualms with her design, but I can't say if I'd have preferred the others because there was no concept art of them.
>>
>>166641843
Remind yourself
>>
File: 20170126171802_1.jpg (361KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170126171802_1.jpg
361KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>166643157
Slice slice slice
>>
File: FUCK FISH.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK FISH.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
I'm not sure I can do this

What happens if I retreat from a mission? Do I lose all the stuff I collected?
>>
>>166643476
You don't lose the stuff in your inventory, but your guys will take 50 stress and you obviously won't get the quest rewards.
>>
>>166643551
alright, thanks.

Fuck fishmen AND their crits.
>>
File: 20170126173135_1.jpg (361KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170126173135_1.jpg
361KB, 1920x1200px
>>
File: Jester ingame.jpg (201KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jester ingame.jpg
201KB, 1366x768px
>>166585501
Like this, same thing but not covered by an angel while using the Inspiring tune.
>>
File: Pages.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pages.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Dunno if I'm really lucky or did they make it so pages spawn more easier this time? Got two in a single run.

>>166643802
I just realized he also gets impaled, damn. Wonder what's up with that
>>
>>166646629
>that Vestal
Link please, love those maces.
>>
File: 20170126184853_1.jpg (382KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170126184853_1.jpg
382KB, 1920x1200px
we did it boys
>>
File: 1481246229909.png (16KB, 144x210px) Image search: [Google]
1481246229909.png
16KB, 144x210px
>try grave robber shuffle party
>mfw instantly DELETING people at the start of fights

who are the best party members for this? I'm going to guess a MaA, but what else? A Vestal for healbotting?
>>
>>166646629
>Wonder what's up with that
T R A G E D Y
R
A
G
E
D
Y
>>
File: meme team.png (2MB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
meme team.png
2MB, 600x831px
>>166647957
Shuffling you say?
>>
>>166648791
>no Finale
>>
>>166646629
>that simultaneously good and awful taste
>>
>>166648791
the fact that there's NOTHING tanky at all makes me worried though

like a few fishies get a few good stabs in and everything hurts really bad
>>
>>166648995
>Cul-de-sac - Hamlet
>Construction Site - Ruins
>Junkyard - Warrens
>Trailer Park - Weald
>Creek - Cove

What would the Darkest Dungeon be?
>>
>>166649653
Eddiy's brother's house
>>
>>166649730
So the amusement park.
>>
>>166649540
True, but everyone's low healthpools often lets them recover a significant amount by a single occultist heal.
In my experience i did pretty well with this until i went to a champion level warrens mission and got DoT-ed into the ground.
I suppose one could switch to a vestal in place of the occultist for more regular heals but that doesn't seem to fit the RNG theme.
>>
>>166649862
Those classes have way more than 2 health.
>>
>>166649907
Oh right, some bonus-to-healing trinkets on your healers does wonders.
>>
>>166650030
Jokes aside, 0 + % healing is still 0. I ran with Junia's Head and Chirurgeon Charm and he still heal for less than 5 more often than not.
>>
>>166650158
Well, bad RNG.
0-16 means you have a 5/17 chance to roll below 5.
Such is life around skull-man of many bleeds and 0 heals.
>>
>>166648791
>no back row arbalist spamming suppressing fire

SF spam will make them dodge and reduce the chance of a crit to like 2%.

They'd have to roll to hit and then hit a 2% crit

NEVER GET CRIT EVER AGAIN
>>
File: 1424188833629.png (205KB, 497x486px) Image search: [Google]
1424188833629.png
205KB, 497x486px
>>166650854
Interesting idea.
I'll have to try that out.
Arbalist heals might be enough to keep the rest alive.
>>
>>166650854
>not a MaA with Bellow or Bolster, with mobility skills of his own
>>
>tfw playing PBD and recruiting a cheeky Jester who has Crockery Hater

By the way, is the BH worthless for the Hag? Collect doesn't hit the third rank, does it?
>>
File: 1484628328023.webm (485KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484628328023.webm
485KB, 800x450px
>>166652237
Collect doesn't but Finish Him and Hook and Slice do.
>>
File: 20170126201900_1.jpg (404KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170126201900_1.jpg
404KB, 1920x1200px
This is amazing, I only brought like 4 anti-venom with me and I didn't exactly know what am I supposed to do. At first I thought the goal is to kill all cysts and when I run out of anti-venom I agreed with myself that this mission is not going to work and it's time to abort.
So I freed some slots for trinkets but then I realized that I can still use camps to remove stacked blight from my characters with 1 hp and try once more.
And so I refused to surrender and finished this mission.
Feels good man.
>>
File: 1.png (122KB, 1098x251px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
122KB, 1098x251px
Anyone else notice how the Bounty Hunter's weapons change greatly with upgrades? Allt he other classes' weapons feel like improved versions of the previous rank whereas the BH seems to change his weapons three times. The strangest being rank 3 > 4 > 5, with 4 being completely different from 3 and 5 going back to 3 but upgrading it.

Autism over.
>>
>>166655203
Yeah I've noticed that as well. It doesn't really bother me, but it's definitely something I've noticed. I think 3 is from his original art set.
>>
>>166655203
Is that in the game though? Or is it just on the wiki? I've never noticed that in game.
>>
>>166657051
It's in game too.
>>
>>166657212
Maybe they'll fix it with the Radiant update.
>>
File: 1484214879249.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1484214879249.png
171KB, 431x539px
>>166643802
Just had this happen to me in a dark run

>+40% surprise chance with bh + doggo camp traits
>Jester goes first and crits for 55
>collectors dies on the first round of combat

FEELSFUCKINGOODMAN
>>
File: qpTvndg.png (206KB, 411x595px) Image search: [Google]
qpTvndg.png
206KB, 411x595px
>tfw no freed Gladiator class
>>
>>166658763
>Spearfishing like ability with a trident
>net to lock down an enemy so they can't move forward/backwards
>wrestle to stun
>pocket sand
>>
>>166650854
In theory I love suppressive fire, in practice though it's hard to use. It's debuff and accuracy are somewhat low, meaning you need trinkets to buff its reliability, which takes away from damage and healing/defensive trinkets.

It'd be a lot more useful if there was a multipurpose debuff chance trinket available that gave debuff chance and maybe accuracy too.
>>
File: DarkestDungeonRngBullshit.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DarkestDungeonRngBullshit.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>166566404
>Steam Workshop integration

> The cheat mods
> The endless amount of trinket mods that all do the same fucking thing because the systems are too simple
> The horrible anime character graphical conversions
> The lewd mods
> Some nigger attempts to create "Longest Dungeon" like Longwar from XCOM2
> Finds out it's not possible to mod dungeons easily, because the devs only integrated the workshop (upload/download file changes) and never gave anyone any dev tools to actually make changes/mods with
>>
I want to know how the game would look like, if it were set in present days.

Would have the mosnters kept up with time? Would the horrors stand up to modern weaponry? What kind of "heroes" would wander in?

For one, necromancers would surely adapt and raise the army guys that were sent in, so the ruins should fare quite well, but then again, if a sword can wreck skellies, a granade will do just as fine. Fuck their wine sitll though.

Weald would also be kept updated maybe, with the desecndants of the hag and her aprentices charming, "supplying", mutating the resident bandits of old and the new arrivals (bringing new quipment). the 18 pounder beign replaced with modern artilery would be a tad unfair though.

Fishmen would be rekd by comercial fishing. Just tell asians their eyes makes their pepe go woo, and they will scoff that shit down to extinciton.

Warrens would have an oil rig hooked up to it so it never stops fucfking burning. Fuck that place.
>>
>>166660645
I want DD in the future, on derelict space stations and alien worlds.
>>
>>166658763
>>166660154

>Depending on the armor / weapon you upgrade he has
>tridet with net (no armor / backup fighter)
>Gladius with chain sleeve (light armor / frontline)
>>
File: bfc29152a670f6d5.jpg (274KB, 1200x943px) Image search: [Google]
bfc29152a670f6d5.jpg
274KB, 1200x943px
>>166660791
Oh lawdy, with some 40K rip-offs, I would back it immediatly.
>>
>>166661320
>tfw no darkest space hulk
>>
File: DD1.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DD1.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: DD2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DD2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>166661717
>>166661790
Russian is such an ugly language to look at.
>>
>>166662081
They have funny runes.
>>
>>166660645
The game would take place in a modern dying city.

The player is the new mayor, and must take back the streets from both brigands and radioactive monsters that infest the city.

The ruins look suspiciously like Detroit.
>>
File: 1484288853775.jpg (76KB, 661x523px) Image search: [Google]
1484288853775.jpg
76KB, 661x523px
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/health/leprosy-medieval-pilgrim-skeleton-study/index.html
>>
>>166663980
Man lizard leper works so well in so many levels
>>
>>166660308
I think some explanation on filetypes was coming, so perhaps we'll be able to modify animation and skeleton files. That'll help at least with adding new characters to the game.

But really, the exact examples you described is why I usually don't bother with the modding community. The vast majority of mods are cosmetic, many of which are poorly done or don't jive with the rest of the game, or tiny modifications to gameplay, or "rebalance" mods. Say what you will about it, but at least in Minecraft, most major mods introduced quite a bit of things to make it somewhat a game unto itself.
>>
File: DDFish1.png (133KB, 590x860px) Image search: [Google]
DDFish1.png
133KB, 590x860px
Bumbing.
Also, fuck these guys.
>>
File: DD_JRPG.png (892KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
DD_JRPG.png
892KB, 900x675px
>>166666593
We're getting awfully close to that 166666666 hyper-GET...
>>
>>166666785
>already passed it
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-26 12-36-38-78.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-26 12-36-38-78.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>those reinforcements
Stressful shit right there.
>>
>>166649653
The Cankers' trailer duh
>>
File: 1321.png (946KB, 936x709px) Image search: [Google]
1321.png
946KB, 936x709px
>>166648995
>Occultist Eddy
>spouts Mucky Boy gibberish instead of that eldritch language
>>
So I just started playing this again recently, did they change how you get perks? I just did a run through the warrens and one hero got Beast Slayer, and two others got Hatred of Beast! I thought it was completely random, but those feel like they were based off the warrens themselves. And I'm ok with that.
>>
>>166667261
Jesus. I've never allowed Reinforcements to come on the DD and I'm glad I didn't.
>>
>>166668343
Why does it work so well?
And why hasn't anyo
>>
>>166668676
Totally random; please contain your excitement.
>>
>>166669236
So just... good luck? On DD...? ok
>>
why staking dmg trinkets its so underwhelming ? brawlers gloves + dismas head on a guy makes it hit like 5 pts harder
>>
how important is it to bring -stress trinkets to the DD ?
>>
>>166670859
+ DMG% is literally bait. You want more crits, more stun chance, more utility in general.
>>
>>166671253
Not very, imo. In most of them, you can cheese fights to allow for plenty of time to recover stress through the crusader/jester/houndmaster. Stress damage is dealt in small amounts per attack, but the buildup is usually fairly low due to the length of each dungeon (If it was that high, it'd be almost impossible for anything other than a stress focused party to finish).

Focus on survivability before stress.
>>
>>166670859
Because it's percentile based on a number range that means the bonuses aren't actually impressive even if the percentiles seem large. They only really increase your damage range, so even if you go from 7-13 to 9-16 you're still only working within those numbers. It doesn't make your chances of getting high numbers any better, it just raises the limits of the range.
>>
>>166671459
+DMG isn't that bad, but only on classes like the Crusader and Leper. It works off of base damage, so for classes with low base damage, it's not very effective.

Putting +40% damage on a Leper will bring his average hits from 20 to almost 30 and his crits from 40 to 60, but doing the same on a houndmaster will only increase it by a small amount.

I think +DMG becomes situationally most useful when you need just a little more umph to kill a target in one less hit, so even if it only increases your damage by 4-5, if that's enough to kill something more times on average, then it's worth it.
>>
>>166671253
I only bring them when I'm bringing a low level into a higher level dungeon
>>
>>166630616
#1 crusader
#2 tie between houndmaster and bounty hunter
>>
File: DDSkeleton1.jpg (515KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DDSkeleton1.jpg
515KB, 1024x1280px
New fanart
>>
>>166676391
An accursed champion!
DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT
>>
>>166676391
I swear they stealth buffed Dead Weight recently. Shit's annoying.
>>
File: equipment progression.png (917KB, 1920x983px) Image search: [Google]
equipment progression.png
917KB, 1920x983px
Would you like something like this in the game, anons?
>>
File: 20170126224441_1.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170126224441_1.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
can i do it?
>>
File: w.jpg (516KB, 1262x705px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
516KB, 1262x705px
New to the game
what do
>>
>>166677507
I doubt it, but you might get lucky.
>>
>>166677759
Put a torch in it and get rekt.
>>
>>166677441
Most definitely.
>>
File: fug.png (846KB, 1259x708px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
846KB, 1259x708px
>>166677983
n-nani!?
>>
>>166679105
>Ancestor's Candle
Congrats, you got one of the best trinkets in the game. Don't lose it.
>>
>>166679105
>Reynauld survived
Fuck, anon, well done.
>>
>>166677441
This is what I expected when I bought it, seems a bit weird getting loot and shit but you don't see it on your dudes.
>>
File: HOPELESS.webm (72KB, 362x316px) Image search: [Google]
HOPELESS.webm
72KB, 362x316px
>>166677441
>mfw realizing how much stuff you'd need to edit to make each upgrade tier match
It might be easier to make a mod which adds another sprite ontop of the base one (portrait, afllicted/virtue, walking sprite, idle sprite, individual frames) and update the new sprite depending on equipment level
>>
>>166681337
Looking at how the sprites are made, it shouldnt be THAT hard.
>>
>>166677441
>broken, chipped, but shiny blade. with bling
Come on
>>
File: Darkest 2017-01-11 13-50-39-88.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest 2017-01-11 13-50-39-88.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>166679105
grab that shit and run.
Belive it or not, thats one of the better outcomes
>>
>>166682131
>party
>>
File: tumblr_ojtdps4ibs1siuyk8o1_1280.png (419KB, 688x1104px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojtdps4ibs1siuyk8o1_1280.png
419KB, 688x1104px
>>166660645
>For one, necromancers would surely adapt and raise the army guys that were sent in, so the ruins should fare quite well, but then again, if a sword can wreck skellies, a granade will do just as fine. Fuck their wine sitll though.

I always figured the passageways of the ruins and other dungeons were tight and narrow, which is why the heroes and monsters all fight single file. Not the ideal situation to toss grenades.

If people get modern armor, then skellys would too.

DD would work great in tons of settings though. You could get it in Samura-era Japan for weeaboo pandering (or a mixture of that and Korea/China if you just want an ambigious Asian setting) or the Aztec Empire when the conquistadors showed up (human sacrifices, plagues of European diseases, etc) or the Wild West (cowboys, Indian braves, city slickers, pioneers, freemen.)
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-26 16-07-33-32.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-26 16-07-33-32.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
Sh-should be easy.

NG+ by the way.
>>
>>166684015
East Asian DD would be pretty neato. I'd like to see how they'd handle mixing Gothic horror and East Asian themes and style.
>>
File: tumblr_nzxz78s0FY1qmrsi0o1_1280.png (643KB, 925x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzxz78s0FY1qmrsi0o1_1280.png
643KB, 925x604px
>>166663980

>"The presence of a pilgrim burial in the cemetery of a leprosy hospital also challenges modern misconceptions regarding leprosy sufferers as outcasts and that the disease was linked to sinfulness," Roffey said.

>The idea of sinfulness, and the misconception that leprosy was highly contagious, was largely influenced by Victorian medical historians with a segregationist agenda when regarding other colonies, Roffey said. The idea of contagion wasn't formed until the 14th century, when leprosy was receding. When Sk27 was alive, leprosy was regarded by some to represent Christ-like suffering before death, providing them with a passport to paradise.

>"Our archaeological evidence supports this and indicates that far from being excluded as outcasts, they were treated very much like the religious," Roffey said. "The wider implications of our research ultimately is that it can help challenge long-held and false notions."

Helps explain why the Leper tells the Abomination to fuck off like the Crusader and Vestal do.
>>
>>166684114
Hope you put D size batteries on your asshole
Cause you gonna get buttfucked
>>
File: 123.Eds-Aggerate.mkv_000552067.jpg (112KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
123.Eds-Aggerate.mkv_000552067.jpg
112KB, 512x384px
>>166668343
The Mucky Boys should be a boss
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-26 16-33-33-50.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-26 16-33-33-50.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
>>166685594
My persistence has been rewarded. Let's go rape a necromancer.
>>
File: darkest 2017-01-26 16-42-41-60.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darkest 2017-01-26 16-42-41-60.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>166686214
One less necromancer. Never got more than one skeleton at a time, based Reynauld+Unholy Ring.
>>
File: 1451521037160.png (159KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451521037160.png
159KB, 500x375px
>>
>>166682706
A jew party can make a shitty base great anon.
Also now i can only picture nix in a yamaka selling beans at a high price to goy
>>
>>166689656
Does having more than one antiquarian on a team actually give more treasure than just a single jew? Does the effect really stack?
>>
>>166691648
Yes. Enjoy your 3,500 gold stacks.
>>
>>166691648
Erm...

>>166682131
>3,5k gold each stack

Looks like.
>>
File: confused.jpg (14KB, 948x858px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
14KB, 948x858px
>Battlefield Bandage doesn't remove Bleed or heal slot 4
>>
why do only some of my appearance mods work, installed them the same way.
>>
File: 1479784674881.jpg (102KB, 971x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479784674881.jpg
102KB, 971x576px
>Hag is at 4 health
>3 guys still alive
>Hag gets a 5 turn uninterrupted combo in which she throws one guy in a pot, kills one guy with a heart attack, and kills the last guy on the first death door hit
>Lost the excursion and all my trinkets

The speed stat is a fucking mockery, holy shit.
>>
>>166697638
>5 turn
You must have mistyped, because she only has 2 turns a round and it would be impossible to have 5 uninterrupted.
>>
>>166699528
It was definitely fucking more than two, so I don't know if that means the game literally broke around me in order to fuck me, but here I am.
>>
>>166679105
hot damn
>>
FUCK
>>
>>166695026
Would be pretty overpowered if it could heal bleed.
>>
Hey, /dadg/
I just started playing today and I'm wondering, do characters have a really high chance to become afflicted by stress or do they overcome it regularly? Because so far all of mine have succumbed to stress.
>>
>>166706157
I think heroes have a higher chance to get afflicted than virtue, but you can raise the chance with certain quirks and trinkets.
>>
>>166706345
Ah, I see, I'll have that in mind.
What about items? Should I bring a lot of food and torches to missions as a rule of thumb?
And about team comp? I assume 2 melee, 1 ranged and a healer is the ideal setup?
>>
>>166706626
You will figure it out through experience. It all depends on your play style.
>>
>NG+
>Bring my lvl 4 guys to kill Wilbur and the fat fuck
>Debuff Occultist ready to nerf him to hell, even brought the +debuff chance trinket
>First turn
>Wilbur stuns him
>Swine God crits

Random Number Generator my bumcheecks!
>>
>>166707078
The game was ready for you this time.
>>
>>166706785
Alright, I'll go back to lurking then. I'm enjoying the game so far desu.
>>
>>166708014
All I can say is that pay attention to how many supplies you bring and then how much you end up with when you decide to exit dungeons and then budget appropriately. Some people love to use a ton of torches, some only like to bring minimal food and not use it to heal people outside of battles.
>>
Anyone have any theories for what the other two champion monsters are going to look like? It kinda feels like they're going for something a bit different than your average two sized brick shithouse and are opting to play around with some new mechanics and types.
>>
File: 20170126222312_1.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170126222312_1.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
Oooh, I never seen this trinket before. Must go great with an occultist. Most of these guys are still level 0 and level 1, but I think I can do it if I invest in their skills a bit.

Should I do it, or should I remind myself?

>>166710026
I remember during one of the artist's streams that something they were interested in trying were transforming monsters (similar to how the abomination works) So we could get vampire monsters that can switch between being crowd controling monsters or big beefy monsters.
>>
>>166710846
Usually give it to my tank with a life crystal. The bleed resist is what makes it great imo.
>>
>>166710846
Maybe they'll do that in to Cove, since they alluded to there being some kind of infectious quality to the bites of the Fishmen in the Journals.
>>
>>166710846
It is a nice trinket for hwm or maa, good eldritch dmg and bleed resist, then use riposte, hook, line and sinker... I usually run coves with occ around, so, I need bleed resist for his heals.
>>
File: 1423145266552.jpg (66KB, 520x265px) Image search: [Google]
1423145266552.jpg
66KB, 520x265px
>YFW your favourite char came back from the dead but you don't have any money to send him back into the fray
>>
>>166705836
Into the pot Dismas goes.
>>
>>166707078
>Not having Arbalest | Occultist | Vestal | Leper for maximum anti-Mark and Dmg-Debuff
>>
>>166696719
cuz ur fukn gay lol
>>
>Grave robber crits againts boss for an entire fight.

Truly a best.
>>
Fuck this shit, put 3 niggers with tapeworm to kill lord necromancer... leper unholy hater AND slayer. Couldnt even get to fourth room because everyone was starving.

Got the tempting goblet, tho.
>>
>>166715639
>crit kill
>Think I'm done with you? HARDLY
Calm down girl, you just vaporized his corpse.
>>
File: 1440142307833.png (503KB, 903x788px) Image search: [Google]
1440142307833.png
503KB, 903x788px
>>166717990
>3 people with tapeworm
>starves
Who could have seen that coming.
>>
File: seriously leper.png (62KB, 230x261px) Image search: [Google]
seriously leper.png
62KB, 230x261px
>>166717990
>>
>long mission
>shambler altar
>why the fucking not?
>killed shambler
>two camps later
>out of food
>too much gold and trinket
>another shambler altar
>battle with treasure ahead
>one secret room further
>still need to clean two rooms to finish this fucking mission

I wish I could fight this motherfucker again, I wish...
>>
>>166721115
Hah, forget it, I dont even have torches to summon it.
>>
>>166721164
>no torches
Just walk around a bit.
>>
>>166722101
Nah, couldnt find one. Just checked the secret room.

>>166721115
>blasphemous vial
>27k gold from loot
>11k gold mission
>acestor's tentacle idol from shambler
>only one afflicted hero

I think I am starting to learn a thing or two.
>>
>>166722190
>I think I am starting to learn a thing or two.
Remind yourself...
>>
>>166723685
>regulary use shambler guts as shoe polish
>spiders proceed to wreck my shit.

i sure as hell didnt.
>>
>>166724394
I just dont know how you guys let things go so bad fighting spiders...
>>
>>166724574
>surprise round
>lay into spiders
>one dodge, one spider dead, rest injured
>spiders all take their turns
>MARKED
>two more shots on the same guy, poisoned
>new turn
>spiders beat your initiative
>they get another set of moves
>hits marked guy, more dots
>death's door
>marked guy gets initiative before your healer
>DEATHBLOW

Never had it happen myself but it's possible.
Whenever a focus happened for me it was always on my tank fortunately.
>>
>>166724862
>Fishmen quartett
>Spear my Occultist
>Again spear the Arab, this time a crit
>He gets moved forward to position 2
>Seaward Slash
>Death's door
>His turn, heal 0

Just happened to me. I don't believe in RNGeesus anymore, if the game wants one of your chars dead, he's dead.
>>
File: 20170124191306_1.jpg (232KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170124191306_1.jpg
232KB, 1366x768px
>>166705836
Why. Now I gotta look for Dismas´s Head again for the 3. time now
>>
>>166727961
Is that the bloodborne HWM
>>
>>166728103
Yes it is, and it is high quality
>>
File: 1483215479496.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1483215479496.gif
410KB, 221x196px
What's the procedure with the Vvulf raid? It happened once before and my 4 level 5 dudes got rekt.
>>
Dazed
>>
>>166731897
Apparently you can guard the one with the bo-bo-bomb. Dunno, I made the mistake and wanted to clear out the dudes while DoTing VVulf. Bad plan. CC his minions and hit him as hard as possible.
>>
>>166734579
Reeling
>>
>>166735608
I don't think DOT is best for Vulf because he doesn't have any prot, direct damage is more effective.
>>
>>166735627
About to break
>>
File: 1451652973602.png (122KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
1451652973602.png
122KB, 800x916px
>>
>>166736676
bounty hunter works pretty well for the fight, as does occultist obviously
>>
>>166741824
BH can't even hit him with Collect, move him, or reduce his non-existent Prot.
>>
Does anybody have the hwm mod that gave tracking shot the ability to mark? I remember it went around the general.
>>
File: 131019205668.jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
131019205668.jpg
21KB, 500x333px
>>166745146
So...

>does damage
>mark
>self buff

Pretty balanced.
>>
Cove > Ruins > Warrens > shit > Weald

Can we all agree?
>>
File: 1437963691221.gif (166KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1437963691221.gif
166KB, 267x199px
>new dungeon means new music

Can't wait.
>>
File: 1483924723795.jpg (840KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1483924723795.jpg
840KB, 842x1191px
>>166749471
FUCK the Warrens.

Bleeding traps and attacks, blight, disease, two monsters that do sanity damage (one with relatively high dodge), PLUS the cultists.

At least the scrolls and pillars are useful, and you're usually not hurting for food if you brought herbs.

I actually like it a lot, but it competes head-to-head with the Cove in how NERVOUS it makes me.
>>
>>166749471
Weald is useful for the Collect Medicine mission, though. Warrens has nothing of the sort, plus it has the shitbag pigs.
>>
It'd be cool if there was a class that functioned similarly to the Formless Flesh boss. His form would forcibly change every turn, granting him different abilities and maybe stats, causing you to make the best use of the form you're given on each turn.
>>
>>166753231
Warrens has burnable scrolls.

checkmate, fungalfags
>>
>>166753338
You have abomination. Not forced and only 2 forms, but, it is still something.
>>
>>166749471
In terms of?
>>166750050
Oh fuck yeah that's hype. I hope the DLC adds a couple tracks
>>
>>166750050
>>166753887

It also means new narrator lines.
>>
>>166754376
You ever thing that he has to be really careful about what he points because it may get marked?
>>
File: Antiquarian gameplay.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Antiquarian gameplay.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
>>166755504
>Occultist orders fish at bar
>Uses knife to cut it
>Crit
>The fish desintagrates on the plate
>>
>>166528523
Give the Bounty Hunter Scorpion's Teleport Punch.
>>
Survival is a tenuous proposition in this sprawling tomb
>>
>>166699789
>>166699528
Perhaps the hag did her turns at the end of round 1, then immedietly did all of her other turns at the start of round 2

kind of like how you always get buttfucked after a surprise round
>>
File: fug.jpg (28KB, 326x332px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
28KB, 326x332px
>>166467415
shambler is risky business
the one time I easily defeated him with my noob team after defeating the swine prince for the first time,
the next time everyone dies of a heart attack when the only one left to kill was one of those small shambler shits with only 2 hp left.
>tfw last 2 remaining heroes die from a heart attack in the same round
>>
>>166753440
and lots of rabies
>>
>>166752871
that fanart is so fucking good
>>
>>166761089
Unless you're a Leperfag.

>hooked like a bitch
>meanwhile the Crusader is stabbing a pig down the throat
>BH uppercutting pig demons like it ain't shit
>Occultist about to cause friendly fire
>>
>>166758875
I assumed that too, granted you'd need a slow ass party and some bad rolls for that, I was just saying that it's impossible for 5 uninterrupted attacks. I was just being an overly literal fag really.
>>
File: FIDDLE ME TIMBERS.gif (1MB, 266x394px) Image search: [Google]
FIDDLE ME TIMBERS.gif
1MB, 266x394px
NEWS
http://www.darkestdungeon.com/radiant-update-the-squiffy-ghast/
>>
File: Radiant_Squiffy_Ghast.jpg (664KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Radiant_Squiffy_Ghast.jpg
664KB, 1920x1080px
>>166766496
Neat.

>Squiffy Ghast
What a silly sounding name.
>>
>>166766496
i swear to fuck, if that nigga 1shots your guys forcing tehm to dance till the end of the fught im gona go nuclear
>>
File: 1471598508961.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1471598508961.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
>>166767218
More like he uses the siren's ability and makes them switch sides until fiddlemaster is killed
>>
>>166766496
Think we'll get a new pig fucker or something different?
>>
>>166767783
One new champion level enemy for each area.
The Ruins got the boner bearer
The Weald got the mushroom thing or the mushroom abomination, i don't remember
The Cove got fiddler
The warrens will probably get some pig abomination.
Will the darkest dungeon get a new enemy perhaps?
>>
>>166767895
I meant do you think the new enemy will be pig demon related or something else, like those corpse eaters.
>>
>>166766496
OH FUCK THE SKELETONS HAVE THEIR OWN JESTER NOW. WHO THE FUCK HAS BEEN TEACHING THEM HOW TO PLAY INSTRUMENTS? WE'RE ALL FUCKED.
>>
>>166766496
Fuckin nice. I was hoping we'd be getting something Sunken Crew related. I always thought it was a bummer that you never saw something like them and only saw fishmen/bandits.
>>
>>166768296
>Skeletons have their own Jester
>tfw you get squiffed by the ghast's Finale
tides turning.jpg
>>
>>166766496
>There are now 4 major stress dealers in the Cove
As if I didn't already have enough reason to avoid going there.
>>
>>166767308
if thats teh case, i want a class taht switches places with an enemy for a fight, becoming ai controlled against you, while you get the enemy to play with. if only your guy remains on teh enemy team, the charmed fella get euthanized, and they come back to your side.

You can load tehm up with friendly fire skills at teh cost of them being useless if teh charm fails for some reason, or things going to shit if they get afflicted, while having to rethink multi-pos attacks if the charm does work.
>>
>>166768827
>fishfag
>bitch
>dead jester
Who else?
>>
>>166769530
Madmen
>>
>>166768827
>There are now 4 major stress dealers in the Cove

But anon, that's part of the fun.
>>
>>166768827
>>166769658
Warrens has 4 right now as well.
>>
File: nosound.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
nosound.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>166768296
>you can challnge the enemys jester in a ddr style dance/play off,
>win, 2 enemy dies
>lose, 2 of your guys die
>>
>>166766496
>Updates on the beta in a week
Hype. Definitely gonna be taking part in that.
>>
File: 1477222804737.png (164KB, 361x682px) Image search: [Google]
1477222804737.png
164KB, 361x682px
Hey look what i found on an old thread
>>
>>166769950
>make gif of jester strumming lute
>anon makes a webm with sound
>another anon makes webm without sound
>both of them forget a background version exists

>>166509546
>>
>>166766496
Jack Sparrow sure let himself go.
>>
>>166770374
Bad End Jack Sparrow
>>
NEW THREAD
>>166770546
>>166770546
>>166770546
>>
File: fixed.png (163KB, 361x682px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
163KB, 361x682px
>>166770029
i thought the chest was too muscly

i like them smooth and soft
>>
>>166771658
Yeah the muscles don't go well with the whole fuckboy thing he has going
Thread posts: 737
Thread images: 243

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.