[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tfg/ - Titanfall General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 166

File: 1484037145802.png (609KB, 3968x5607px) Image search: [Google]
1484037145802.png
609KB, 3968x5607px
How to Train Your Auto-Titan Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
http://tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 5
https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-5/
Respawn will be back to work soon™ now that the holidays are coming to a close, that means "content"

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread: >>165013603
>>
What DPI does /tfg/ use?

I run 800 DPI and 1.455479 sens
>>
>>165136010
Same can be said to you. I pointed at the current game mechanics, map layout and damage values of hitscan weapons.

You just keep spouting "slow=shit" like some sort of mantra that comes true the more often you say it.

You don't even have arguments and want to perpetuate this general's meme. It's cool, I like going fast too but it's just not the best way to win.

But I already noticed your stupidity so I will stop trying to convince you. (Yeah you can add another point to your "won Internet fights" list now, you earned it).

Just think about me when you run into the next pilot sentry.
>>
File: viper-titanfall-2-81.2.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
viper-titanfall-2-81.2.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Obligitary.

Speed is life. Thanks Papa Viper.
>>
File: 1482391627000.png (286KB, 899x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1482391627000.png
286KB, 899x1050px
>>165136251
Slow generally does mean bad though
Whilst you are able to pick off average speed style players, the top end will 9 times out of 10 be too much for the shitter, evidence being the competition in which the tfg team took out first place.
of course if you just want to play casually then sure playing like a cod babby is enough to win games but to actually get to the higher levels of play you need to start using the movement system to its full potential
>>
File: gottagospeed.jpg (20KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
gottagospeed.jpg
20KB, 210x240px
>>165136362

Too fast to post the actual. Fuck.
>>
>>165136251
How weird, that something subjective is based on personal experiences and has a lack of factual arguments to be made about it!
Here's a fact for you then, at least: Not once in this game's time have I found myself threatened or even remotely impressed by a slow player. At worst, they're an annoyance I have to maneuver slightly more carefully around. Meanwhile, fast players are always challenging and always fun to play against. Almost as if there's some kind of difference in skill and effectiveness between the two...

>pilot sentries
>what is phase shift
>what is holo pilots
>what is arc grenades from a mile away
As if you couldn't be more obvious that you don't understand the tools a good player has access to.
>>
>>165136453
speed is life
>>
How the hell do I snipe on ps4. I scrounged on investing into a gaming pc after getting ps4 and now I regret that decision whenever I pick up a new shooter.
>>
File: dancing cat.gif (51KB, 280x440px) Image search: [Google]
dancing cat.gif
51KB, 280x440px
>>165136046
>doodle used as op image again
warms my heart desu

>>165136731
sniper rifles have no aim assist, so get familiar with that thumbstick or give up
>>
>>165136251

Show us what a slow can do, shitter. Post a scoreboard against a tfg member

or just a fast in general

slowshitters can kill other slows all fucking day, but the fast players will always haunt the back of your mind as you watch your deathcam.

You're not even close to strong enough for the skies.
>>
>>165136786
EVA-8 it is.
>>
>>165136731
It's just a matter of practise

I'm far from being good but it feels like it requires a lot of effort
>>
>>165136875
that's the spirit
>>
>>165136195
400dpi and 2.4 or 2.5 sens. still trying to decice which feels better
>>
File: spectreburncard.png (55KB, 250x129px) Image search: [Google]
spectreburncard.png
55KB, 250x129px
anyone wish they would bring all the old burn cards back as banners? this one in particular was one of my favorites, both in looks and function.
spectre burncard + hacking spectres was fun. too bad you couldnt use the automatic hacking burncard at the same time as the spectre camo card
>>
Joined the PC network but I hope there are some fellow Europoors in there
>>
>>165136731
shoulda built a pc anon. its much cheaper than any pre-built "gaming" pcs, they will rip you off hard.
>>
>>165136786
congrats famalambampai!
>>
File: 2017-01-10_04-09-52.png (128KB, 1138x469px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10_04-09-52.png
128KB, 1138x469px
>>165136731
>>
>fastfags keep spewing memes about how they are 2fast4you
>the slowcuck is actually trying to pose arguments based on game mechanics

Guys you really gotta do better than this I mean god damn
>>
>>165137864
whoop, meant for >>165136195
>>
>>165137340
Honestly I miss burn cards. They were an amazing part of Titanfall and I was expecting to see these mechanics fully fleshed out more - and they just axed them.

Here is a good quote from Penny Arcade on the Titanfall 2 Beta:

>As I was playing it, and liking it, I was also making assumptions about things that weren’t true. For example, I wasn’t aware that Burn Cards were gone gone. I read an article where a developer delivers what I would describe as “ineffective argumentation” about that, specifically calling out one of the coolest manifestations of Burn Cards - the Atlas Refurb. Essentially, it allows someone to start the game with a Titan. When I start a match, and I see one of those fucking things fall, trust me: that’s not a bad thing. It’s scary in the best possible way. That is something that reinforces their loop. I believe Titanfall more than I believe other shooters, and part of that is that there are multiple scales of engagement: it’s not just fast hitboxes running around a post apocalyptic aquarium. Judicious shortcuts of their loop, gated by card rarity, I mean… that’s a bad example.

The article Tycho is referring to is this:

http://www.gamesradar.com/bye-bye-burn-cards-the-big-changes-coming-to-titanfall-2-multiplayer/
>>
>>165137961
Am I reading correctly?

3200 DPI and 5 sens?

How the fuck fast is that
>>
>>165138084
Boosts are meant to be a more reliable and consistent replacement for burn cards.
>>
>>165136195
1800 DPI, default sense
>>
>>165138084
>the coolest manifestations of Burn Cards - the Atlas Refurb. Essentially, it allows someone to start the game with a Titan. When I start a match, and I see one of those fucking things fall, trust me: that’s not a bad thing. It’s scary in the best possible way.
i miss burn cards too, but this was definitely a bad thing. burn cards to call titans in at the very start of the match is plain unfair. a user could have 3 of them, and a team could all be using them. if you think pubstomps are bad now, imagine a premade with ronin/tone burncards.

id like burn cards to be back but more balanced, some of the cards were clearly too strong. the rare ones that sold for 400 merits were too good.
that said, boosts are not bad, they just need a little more variety like burn cards had. id like more boosts but with less potency. amped weapons is fun and all, but it is very strong and can turn the tides of a match quickly in the right hands. stuff like pilot sentry also has no place in this game at all.
i think boosts could be good with a little rework
>>
>>165138140
must be something different with his mouse or some shit, that is insanely fast. i think youd spin around twice by just moving the mouse around your mousepad a bit
>>
>>165138159
Boosts are not consistent because there are 6 players in a match, each of which could use any number of boosts you don't fully see until they are used against you. They are irregular and spread out enough where you might never even see all 6 enemy boosts used in a game.

Furthermore knowing there are pilot sentry turrets is only useful information when you see one deployed, once destroyed you can't just go slow and hide in corridors the rest of the match because there isn't any. Oh shit someone is using amped weapons? Better not get into any gunfights!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying boosts are bad. I'm just saying that boosts are not analogies to burn cards because they don't provide the short cut or loops you wouldn't want players to have multiple times a match. Being permanently invisible shouldn't be a boost, and if that card is too good you can amp the rarity up

>>165138342
A pubstomp with a bunch of Titans dropped in at the start would be insanely OP, but you are using a disposable resource you don't get back. For 6 guys to drop refurbs on a casual match is just bad. And with how devastating pilot AT weapons are it's not even the end of the world.

In the specific instance Tycho was referring to, having a refurb drop in lets say a CTF match was genuinely terrifying and "Oh fuck we need to deal with this right away" - but it was FUN terrifying. Having 6 refurbs is a problem, but they could easily plan and deal for that.

As I said, system expanded, tweaked and refined instead of being removed. The Spectre Hack is a perfect example of just a super fun, awesome boost that doesn't even fuck up gameplay. Maybe only allow 1 refurb to be deployed per team? Maybe blah blah blah
>>
File: aim fast to go fast.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
aim fast to go fast.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>165138140
about yea, going from end to end of my mousepad that's like apparently 9.84 in across

>>165138342
>endless stim
>with phase shift
i can only dream of the nightmares
>>
>>165138342
>amped weapons is fun and all, but it is very strong and can turn the tides of a match quickly in the right hands.
Which is why you get it at 80% Titan charge. By the time it's available to you, you have your Titan.
>>
>>165138643
Isn't the rule of thumb that dragging your mouse from one end to another should result in one full 360?
>>
File: shrugging cat.png (213KB, 432x429px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging cat.png
213KB, 432x429px
>>165138898
hell if i know, hell if i care, this is what works for me
i absolutely hate it if i have to drag the mouse along to move it
>>
>>165138598
>A pubstomp with a bunch of Titans dropped in at the start would be insanely OP, but you are using a disposable resource you don't get back. For 6 guys to drop refurbs on a casual match is just bad. And with how devastating pilot AT weapons are it's not even the end of the world.
titans are different in 2, everyone knows this. early titan advantage can mean a win if the enemy team is not all focused on taking down the titan, which is almost never the case in pubs. especially if its something like ronin or tone, who both excel at destroying pilots with ease. sure it might be fun or an adrenaline rush for both teams a few times, but getting stomped by titans the moment the game starts is going to get old real quick.
the card may be disposable, but a titan can go a long way.
>In the specific instance Tycho was referring to, having a refurb drop in lets say a CTF match was genuinely terrifying and "Oh fuck we need to deal with this right away" - but it was FUN terrifying. Having 6 refurbs is a problem, but they could easily plan and deal for that.
again, with how different titans are in 2, this could mean a guaranteed win for the team in the right hands. not everyone is good at poking with an MGL from safety or sniping with charge rifles, most players cant even slidehop.

yeah stuff like mass spectre hack was good and id like to see more of things like that and the one that made grunts ignore you. stuff that alters gameplay and gives an advantage, but not a big one
>>
Fuck tone
>>
>>165138643
how can you aim like that? how do you track targets when such small movements of your mouse send your crosshair flying? especially when targets are moving fast.
if it works for you then yeah its fine no problem, but consider trying a low sensitivity sometime. it has many advantages over high sensitivity and youll find that almost all pro fps players use a low sensitivity. it keeps your aim steadier, makes tracking and airstrafing smoother. you will need a large mousepad though
>>
>>165138898
I go by the rule that moving from the center of the pad to either edge is a full rotation, however I use a fuckhuge mousepad.
>>
>it's another "whole enemy team uses Devotion/Volt, Pilot Sentries and Tone" episode

can you pay me chemo
>>
>>165139030
>but getting stomped by titans the moment the game starts is going to get old real quick.

The thing is Titans are also way, way more fragile in 2 than in 1. They can't soak up nearly as much damage, and the ones that can will get just eaten by pilots because they have nowhere to hide. A single Ronin running around will get some damage in and fuck some shit up, absolutely, but there are no batteries around to heal his health or give him shields.

I'd be more afraid of a Stryder running around on Angel City than any of the TF2 Titans - because they can bail the second their shield gets plinked by anything.

Your argument about how people aren't good at using AT weapons in an even half competent way doesn't matter, because once you extend that to anything else it's all over. Should we start balancing the entire game around people who can't chain two wall runs together or can't ADS competently?

I'm not saying have a fuck ton of refurbs about - I'm not saying TF2 needs to drop 20 refurbs in. All I'm saying is having that be the explanation for having the entire system removed is stupid as fuck. Make that card super rare? I didn't see many of them and never once felt like the game was cheap for it being there. Same with any burn card, really, because they were globally announced and I knew to look out for them

The biggest issue with the cards wasn't the Refurb, it's that a lot of them sucked and you are virtually giving away the shittier ones. You are putting stuff like a slightly longer lasting stim burn card ability mixed in with infinite C4 or the Amped EVA-8. What am I going to take into a match, an Amped Kraber or perma-Stim, Perma Cloak or forever maphax?
>>
>Arc nades will never be nerfed
Whoever though that impact nades with massive AoE that turn pilots into grunts and titans into nothing with two charges and giant throwing distance is fine should neck themselves.
>>
>>165139539
Like if you ever use the rematch burn card you are a shitter, and nobody ever uses the double XP card.
>>
>>165136195
3200 DPI
>>
>>165139539
>The thing is Titans are also way, way more fragile in 2 than in 1. They can't soak up nearly as much damage, and the ones that can will get just eaten by pilots because they have nowhere to hide. A single Ronin running around will get some damage in and fuck some shit up, absolutely, but there are no batteries around to heal his health or give him shields.
you are forgetting that this ronin is not the only person on his team. the rest of his team is going to be out there aiding him and killing enemy pilots. its not like the enemy team will have free reign to destroy it. it gives one team an obvious advantage by having a titan from the get-go.
>I'm not saying have a fuck ton of refurbs about - I'm not saying TF2 needs to drop 20 refurbs in. All I'm saying is having that be the explanation for having the entire system removed is stupid as fuck.
i have no idea why the system was removed and id like it back in, just with no free titan cards or any of the other clearly OP cards.

i cant understand your pov with free titans. already competitive play is limiting titans and titan types per team in tf2 because of how easy some of them can slay pilot. titan cores are no longer a damage/speed/hp boost, but for the most part they are a near 1 shot titan button. you should have to earn your titan, or at the very least wait for the meter while killing AI. theres just too many ways titan cards are too strong, and would be worse in 2
>>
>750 DPI
>4th tick from the left on Windows sens
>1.4 in-game

It's a low/medium sens, about 25cm per 180. My mousepad is 40cm x 46cm, so I can aim with my shoulder/arm, which I think is more comfortable than wristbreaking high-sens aim.
>>
>>165139586
I often stun myself more than enemies
>>
>>165140245
what the fuck it deleted my >>165136195

anyways, I guess it's pretty much the same as yours
>>
>>165140245
>4th tick from the left on Windows sens
just what difference does this really make? ive read all kinds of explanations, most say to leave it in the middle at 6 ticks.
>>
File: 9876tr278r68277rvb26b876r.jpg (214KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
9876tr278r68277rvb26b876r.jpg
214KB, 576x432px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IijQdQoxEM

Titanfall 2 anime when?
>implying that you wouldn't watch it
>>
>>165140349
no clue, but it feels decent in and out of all my games, so that's where i have it

i think the most important thing is to have the "Enhance Pointer Precision" checkbox off, because that's just a stupid disguise name for "Shit Tier Mouse Acceleration". like polling rate on thing is god-awful
>>
>>165139985
The OP cards are fine because they are rare. If there are too many of them, make them even rarer. You are making it seem like a single Titan is a game breaking issue that can not be overcome. In TF2 Pilot damage against Titans are increased, and a good chunk of some weapons are far less versatile against Pilots. In a casual match having a single refurb drop out of the sky isn't going to guarantee a victory, especially if someone whips out an amped AT weapon as an answer.

Competitive play would obviously not have Burn Cards.

People like the cards. Some guy who runs a million dollar a year gaming business likes it. I like it. You are free to disagree but the amount of refurbs I saw was never a big deal to begin with. I just think the cards should all have some form of not bullshit utility - double XP or "grunts ignore you" isn't a good card when you have guys running around foreverstimmed.

If a Refurb gets dropped in it's as simple as two people popping amped charge rifle / archers and bam - problem solved.
>>
File: 1480999737575.jpg (56KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1480999737575.jpg
56KB, 1024x575px
>Dice roll Titan sentry
>There are no titans around
>>
I just camped out a whole match with Northstar + Threat scope in that canyon map

gee that felt like pure cheese
24 pilot kills and 34 minion kills
enemy team just couldn't touch me
My team's titans were defending my vanatge point and I just shit at everything highlighted red.

I'm wondering why it didn't lvl my northstar that much.

Do pilot kills even count?
>>
>>165140415
Didn't titanfall 1 came around the same time attack on titan became a meme?
>>
>>165141557
only titan dooms and kills count i think
>>
>[RDDT] doing well at all
>Volt/Devotion/EVA + Tone

it's like fucking clockwork
>>
>>165136195
I'd like to change it. Considering it's probably pretty high and I've been playing on 3.9 sens. How do I even change DPI on Windows 10?
>>
>>165139037
t. Ronin shitty smelly weeb
>>
>>165140432
>>165140349
The way Windows Mouse Settings handles mouse polling is a really awful way of doing it.

At Sensitivity 6, it receives and uses every input from your mouse. 1:1 ratio

At lower sensitivities, it begins to ignore polls from your mouse, literally skipping parts of your mouse movement to "slow" it. It results in a jittery movement.
At sen5, it ignores every fourth input.
At sen4, it ignores every other input.
Going lower than that, it ignores the majority of your inputs.

On the flip side, going higher than 6 is even worse.
At 7 or higher, windows will frequently force the mouse harder in the direction you are moving it to make it go "faster", it will deliberately make you overshoot at constant intervals.

Either way, moving away from Sensitivity 6 introduces an inconsistent rate of movement from your own hand movements.
Stick with adjusting mouse DPi and in-game sensitivity. Use Raw Mouse Input whenever possible.
Also turn off "Enhance Pointer Precision", it causes mouse acceleration that is far from smooth since it is just using that 1 to 11 sensitivity on the fly.
>>
Eurobean power hour and thread is dying

thanks fellow eurolads
>>
>regen'ing all the titans
>done with all of them except weebstick master
>mfw i'm a pilot lawnmower
>mfw my minion farm is skyrocketing

this feels ALMOST too easy. kinda sucks how i can only get 1 or 2 titan kills at most when the big robos start falling though.
>>
>>165140737
>You are making it seem like a single Titan is a game breaking issue that can not be overcome.
yes thats my point, i said it a few times. titans are totally different this time around and a single one at the start of the match can possibly guarantee a victory. we're just repeating ourselves at this point so lets just agree to disagree
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664

Update soon™
>>
>>165143181
interesting, never knew that. do some people purposefully use sensitivity lower than 6? ignoring every x inputs sounds like it would be kinda rng-ish ingame.
though i suppose moving a mouse means a lot of inputs? meaning you would not notice the difference?
or am i way off?
>>
>>165139404
/tfg/ in-houses when
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-10 14-17-15.jpg (52KB, 739x363px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-10 14-17-15.jpg
52KB, 739x363px
>>165146306
>https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664

K I L L M E
>>
how much damage does Tone's full core do now? can it still full doom an Ogre chassis? i'm pretty sure it can instakill a Stryder, since I've spent most of my time in those, but i'm not so sure about Atlas and Ogre
>>
File: 8128161_orig.png (127KB, 693x644px) Image search: [Google]
8128161_orig.png
127KB, 693x644px
>>165146346
Saturday the 21st, if you have it install titanfall 1 too but either way there will be private matches held for 2
Most likely multiple sessions for both burgers and euros
>>
>Scorch's "Fuel for the fire" increases wall burn time
>doesn't increase trap burn time

If it was swapped around I would consider using it over the improved flame shield. Love me some traps.
>>
>>165146332
not that anon, but some gaming mice have software attached to them that lets you control your mouse's report rate. mine is currently set at 1000 per second, which is max for me
>>
so
i noticed something that tells me the level of mental illness some of you guys have
Are there any scorch players who actually know how not to die with their own thermite?
I was IN FRONT of an enemy scorch a few times during my last match, and even though i was a northstar, so he could have killed me in no time if he wanted to, well, he died in seconds just because he hit a wall near him and not me
>>
>>165147710
I'm able to dance around my own thermite all the time, I only step into the flames when I'm severely outnumbered (3 to 1) and am gonna die anyways.
>>
titan ideas? titan ideas

>"Savage"
>Ogre chassis
>LMB/Primary Fire is a FAWKANN PAWWWNCH, can be charged for dmgs, has knockback.
>the charging bar goes up and down like those "get the max power" minigames
>RMB/Secondary Fire is an ADS, lets you shoot a grapple fist.
>can be charged for range, you can spiderman with it (not much) or pull Titans a short distance
>that's right, an Ogre with (some) verticality
>MMB/Defensive is a boxer's guard stance. Mitigates damage that hits your forearms (so people can still snipe your crit spot if they aim) and negates melee knockback from enemies.
>F/Melee is just the regular pleb punch that every Titan throws
>Q/Ordnance is an adhesive pool trap. Pilots get full stuck in it, Titans get a slow.
>Grapple fisting a Titan in the pool will pull you to them instead of them to you.
>G/Utility is a stubby front kick that doesn't do much damage but has big mutual knockback range, for disengaging.
>V/Core is increased Primary Fire charge speed and empowered pleb melees, and neither of them have knockback.
>Execution is that judo flip into Machinegun Forehead Punching that you see Donnie Yen do in Ip Man, but you're pummeling the cockpit instead of a forehead
>>
>>165148110
kits now

>"Measured Force" kit has a more lenient window for max Primary Fire power, and also reduces knockback on successful max power hits
>"Roundhouse" kit turns the mutual knockback on the Utility kick into all enemy displacement, so they go flying further
>"Megaglue" turns your adhesive pool slow on Titans into them just being stuck. They can still turn.
>"Rocket Punch" kit lets your Secondary Fire fly farther and pull farther.
>"Black Eye" kit gives your core even faster Primary Fire charge speed, but it has knockback again.
>>
>>165146740
Awesome
Count me in.
>>
>>165148452
>>165148110
The kit to trap enemies would just make this a better Ronin at killing.

Unless his DPS was shit.
>>
>>165146332
The only setting lower than 6 that could be considered viable is 4 since that just cuts the number of reported mouse movements in half, making it relatively consistent. However, you can get the same effect without any of the jank and far greater smoothness by halving your in-game sensitivity.

Ideally, the method of getting the smoothest possible mouse movement is Windows sensitivity 6, raising your DPI and lowering the game sensitivity.
In my case, I use 800 DPI and 3.0 game sensitivity, only because 800 is ideal for both aiming the camera and moving the mouse cursor. I could double my DPI to 1600 and reduce sensitivity to 1.5, and that would give me smoother aiming with the same distance traveled, although my cursor would be moving twice as fast.

>though i suppose moving a mouse means a lot of inputs?
The average generic five dollar optical mouse reports detected movements 125 times per second or slower (they're also usually fixed to 800DPI).
Most performance/game mice report at 250hz by default, and some can be clocked higher to 500hz or 1000hz.

While 125 may sound high, a casual user only checking their email won't notice it, but veteran gamers will eventually come to notice (or at least claim to notice) tiny inconsistencies in their movement when making extremely fast flicks of the arm (and they will definitely come to notice dropped inputs with a Windows sensitivity other than 6). And since 144 FPS is the growing trend now, 125 mouse reports means you're going to have more frames than mouse actions.

In addition, Windows still has to process each poll from the mouse. A lower Windows Sensitivity basically means that you're cutting the polling rate of your mouse in a fucked up way. Even if you had a very high rate like 1000 where each report is only 0.001 seconds apart, Windows will still take all 1000 of them, process and then discard half of them.
>>
>>165148595
he'd be devastated by any legion with the double R1 ability, i don't think it would be coherent with the rest of the titans
>>
>>165148725
Ronin is also devastated by legion. He would also be fucking garbage at killing pilots not in melee distance.

I don't know, but the idea sounds like a better ronin for killing titans but a much worse ronin for killing pilots.
>>
>>165148595
probably have the "get stuck" kit have reduced duration. that, and his dps is all skill- and rhythm-based

>>165148725
but the RMB grabby grabby my dude
>>
>>165148957
I don't think a rhythm game is the right fit for something like Titanfall. Especially in something like attrition you already have enough to worry about that no other titan or pilot does.
>>
>>165148908
well, ronin is fucking Ace if you're skilled with him, both at killing pilots and titans
i don't know m8s, gluey mech seems too stupid to fit any role, because if it's a slow ass ronin, it's just a piece of metal
>>
>>165146452
this desu senpai

>2 weeks

J U S T
>>
>leave titan on advanced autopilot while I chase around for kills
>it walks around for a few minutes, gets about three kills and maybe even rekts a noob titan
>enter titan immediately after it landed
>I am forced to eject within 15 seconds

What. Do empty titans get some insane armor boosts or what?
>>
Explain something to me. Pilots are elite soldiers specially trained to control titans. Instead of this being their only job they are also sticked with as much state of the art weaponry as possible and dropped as shock troopers. So when they die, both investments are lost, one of which likely unused. I call bullshit on that reasoning.
>>
>>165150824
Auto-Titans get some fancy dodges and whatnot, but they're limited to their primary weapon; they don't get any health bonuses or whatever. If you have the Assault Chip equipped, your Auto-Titan gets access to the rest of their abilities to use (except their Core, I believe).

Scorch is the smartest Auto-Titan.
>>
>>165150824
Some Enhanced auto-titans are really good at using their tools. Most of all, titans can lead their shots like it wasn't anything, even Scorch can snipe a pilot flying through the air with his Launcher.
Also, they all juke enemy projectiles like pros with unique spin and duck animations.

If they aren't directly contested by player titans up in their face, they can do quite well.
>>
>>165150974
To be fully certified as a Pilot is to be an ace among aces on the ground, and that's before you step into your Titan's cockpit. Taken from the /tfg/ website:
>PILOTS are rated by 'certifications', most of which apply to civilian applications, such as construction, shipping and heavy salvage industries. The most prestigious of these is the Full Combat Certification - a widely published series of tests that grade a Titan Pilot's abilities. Because of the extreme physical and mental challenges of mastering both Titan combat & dismounted parkour movement, a fully combat certified Titan Pilot is a rare find, and the combat skills of active Pilots in the field varies widely throughout the Frontier.
Some are formally trained by the IMC or Militia's dedicated programs, while the vast majority is trained by independent mercenary or pirate groups. A large black market surrounding the technology used by Pilots is rumored to have developed across the Frontier, covering areas such as weapons modifications, physical alterations and strengthening, stolen training simulation pods and Titan-Pilot combat interface abilities
>>
>>165151181
I was dominant in an Amped Hardpoint match on Crash Site once, and half of that was leaving my Scorch in guard mode next to one of the hardpoints for half the match while I secured another point. No one ever got close to that point.
>>
>>165151047
>>165151181
I play scorch, that explain a lot. I was thinking about switching to Legion because I like his theme of sheer vanilla power. How is he doing on assault chip?
>>
>>165151254
The quote only further illustrates what I am getting at. If good pilots are so rare, why risk them dying while carrying expensive equipment? Even if they weren't, such high tech would be better used on troops specialised in ground combat only.
>>
>>165151380

Agreed. Especially the maps where 2 of the 3 hardpoints are only reachable by pilots it's better to leave the enemy tesm in their titan while you capture/hold the points
They're shit if they're getting rodeod though
>>
>>165151541
Because the only thing that can reasonably kill a Pilot is another Pilot. Grunts can only go so far in ground combat. Remember the first mission after the tutorial, when you hit the ground as a Rifleman? It's completely different when you get the Pilot abilities.
>>
>>165151695
Grunts can only go so far because they are not strapped with a ton of gear, topped of with extensive training. Which could be better used by somebody whos death wouldnt mean losing a pilot.
>>
What is best Ronin loadout?
>>
File: 1457370497658.webm (729KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457370497658.webm
729KB, 490x360px
>>165151824
>Trusting a grunt to wallrun
>>
Playing with the 2016 semi auto pistol was the best idea ever.

Mag dumping niggas makes me feel like an American cop
>>
File: 1477397915800.png (66KB, 265x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477397915800.png
66KB, 265x250px
>Console version of Tf2 has a FoV slider

Literally GOTY
>>
>>165151541
Just to clarify, what high tech are you talking about? The grapple hook? The A-Wall, because we see IMC troops using a variant of that in campaign. Cloak? That one is two parts, at least in the lore, one part being in the suit, the other surgically implanted into the pilot, which could explain why cooper only has a few seconds of cloak.

The jumpkit? That's repurposed from salvage work, where workers were in space, so those would seem to be cheap enough.

If you're talking about the abundance of spare titans and pilots in multiplayer, that's just multiplayer. In the campaign, the IMC's pilots are only ever seen in titans, which suggests that that IS their only job. Milita does it differently, especially with the introduction of the Vangaurd class titans.

From the lore page
>Whilst the IMC considers its Titans and Pilots to be interchangeable and disposable, the Militia views each of its new Vanguard Pilot-Titan units as a long-term investment. As a result, an experienced Vanguard Titan-Pilot team is far more flexible and deadlier than any single IMC Titan and Pilot on the Frontier.
>>
>>165152074
Which part of training you dont get?
>>
>>165152350
And by IMC pilots, I don't mean the Apex Predators. Who are also never seen outside their titans, except outside of combat or to taunt you. By IMC pilots I mean the random titans you fight during campaign, who have generic lines and only display the titan's chassis name ie Tone, Scorch, Ronin, etc.
>>
>>165151892
Double Arc Wave and either double smoke or overcore

Doom Phase and Nuke Eject is effective if the enemy team is braindead
>>
File: 1480399950948.png (2MB, 1890x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1480399950948.png
2MB, 1890x1400px
>>165136046
>He used BTs prime rendition
Almost fap-worthy in its simplicity, well done, doodleanon
>>
File: titan12.png (22KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
titan12.png
22KB, 128x128px
>>165136046
I like it!
>>
File: 1480987767893.jpg (541KB, 900x1234px) Image search: [Google]
1480987767893.jpg
541KB, 900x1234px
>G14.7 with scorch
>people are now learning the counters and how to avoid me
send help
>>
Who are these F3 guys? Are they part of tfg?
They really like to talk trash while they are stomping pubs.
>>
>>165153616
Counter the counters.
>>
File: 1484011957667.png (657KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484011957667.png
657KB, 960x1024px
>>165151892
I'm not a Ronin authority, so I will defer to FrothyOmen's "Mastering Ronin" video. According to him, your options are:
>Overcore (because Sword Core is amazing)
>Counter Ready (FROTHY PREFERRED: double smoke gives Ronin extra flexibility and is universally good in any situation)

>Ricochet Rounds (to deal with Pilots)
>Thunderstorm (double Arc Wave to make yourself more offensive)
>Temporal Anomaly (FROTHY PREFERRED: 30% faster phase dash mitigates not having a third dash and lets you more consistently get in and out)
>>
>>165146740
>Probably will go back to Titanfall 1
Count me in senpai, I've been wanting to do that for a while
>>
>>165153853
Only a scant few of them are good on their own, the rest get their asses kicked if they aren't stacked up on one team. They all of course use the meme weapons like Volt and Devotion and Phase Shift and Nuke Ronin.
>>
File: wew.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wew.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
just about
>>
For the softball do I run fast reload and more ammo? Or should I swap one for tactikill? Which one?
>>
>>165153859
that's the problem
scorch is easily countered
i'm now having to play 34th dimensional checkers to kill tones
>>
>>165153853
[F3] is the official network of FrothyOmen, the YouTuber mentioned in >>165153898 and believed to be one of the foremost authorities of the game.
>>
>>165154072
Reload and Tactikill.
>>
>>165153616
>People now know how to deal with scorch
>Now I use Ronin for flanks and Legion for tanking
>Laugh as I dice or destroy all the new scorchs hoping for spicy fingers
>>
>>165153975
I did notice that, 3 of them using Devotion and A wall or cloak and a ton of turrets. Even fucking smart pistol.
3 games in a row with those guys and is OK, when you play alone you are open for that shit but the trash talk was the worst part.
>>
>>165154249
>>Laugh as I dice or destroy all the new scorchs hoping for spicy fingers
desu i'm always the one laughing when ronins think they can out-DPS my spicy finger
>>
File: 1474854104831.jpg (87KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
1474854104831.jpg
87KB, 992x744px
>>165154374
>Just running up and meleeing scorch
Lolno, it goes sneak up>arc wave/magdump>phase or dash around while dropping smoke
At that point, I look at my health, and depending on the situation I either repeat or retreat, scorch is easy to run away from and even easier to bait 90% of the time. And I never ever get into range of the spicy finger, unless his back is turned and I have phase dash off cooldown.
>>
>>165153853
it's FrothyOmen's network

stands for Frothy's Frontier Force, but it might as well be Frothy's Fuckboy Fags with how much they complain and how all of them use meme-tier metashit weapons

i don't think i've seen an [F3] with a grenadier weapon even once, probably since Frothy hates them so much
>>
>>165154072
Reload for maximum spam, but tactikill is usually better if you are good at landing kills with a maximum of two shots per kill. At that point you don't need extra ammo
>>
>>165153853
They're just RDDT 2.0. they're frothy's groupies.
>>
>>165154752
>Reload for maximum spam
Meant to say ammo
>>
>>165154752
>>165154829
>>165154153
Thanks guys. Now I just need to level it up.
>>
>>165154879
I would say use ammo + fast reload to get the hang of it. Once you're comfortable swap ammo for tactikill
>>
>>165154879
Good luck, and enjoy using best gun
>>
>>165154740
>>165154769

Frothy is shit, it is hard for me to see all these guys following him and actually listening his meta advice.
>>
>>165155046
i dont like him either, but you have to at least admit that his movement in-game is pretty clean
>>
File: 2017-01-10 10-41-29.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10 10-41-29.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>165151392
Auto Legion is pretty shit with or without Assault Chip.
He only uses close range ammo for normal shooting.
Randomly picks which Power Shot he uses regardless of the situation.
Will only put up his shield after he gets hit by an enemy Titan.
If any enemy of any sort gets close, he will forego use of any of his abilities or cannon and just melee. Poorly.
His accuracy is deliberately crippled (extra spread added to weapons when an NPC uses them), he can't hit a Grunt at close range with an entire magazine to save his life.

When it comes to Enhanced Auto-Titans, the best in order are tiered something like
Scorch, Ronin, Ion
Tone, Northstar
Legion
>>
>>165155046
>>165155229
>Frothy is shit, it is hard for me to see all these guys following him and actually listening his meta advice.

Frothy is a pretty good player, especially movement wise. He also has some good advice and opinions, but he is a meta first player through and through. He massively overlooks the fun factor and especially grenadiers
>>
>>165155046
>>165155229
>>165155421
What would you say to something like >>165153898?
>>
>>165155010
I've been using it. I came from console to PC. I don't like citing him too much but frothy put it pretty well. Grenade weapons are only as good as your opponent is bad.

But they sure are fun.
>>
>>165155595
Like I was saying, Frothy has some good advice. His recommendations for Ronin are spot on and very effective. Some of his other opinions like all the pistols being S tier and the grenadiers being bad is another matter.
>>
File: 1430291284255.png (240KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430291284255.png
240KB, 399x400px
>>165136046
why the fuck do people camp this much in this game
I thought it was about fast
Also why the fuck is every enemy titan Tone?
>>
>>165155891
Unlike the first game where even sighted spread had a bit of inaccuracy to it, many weapons in the second are pinpoint, it is way too easy to pick enemies off in the air.

In the first, you could get around and not worry that much about enemy fire from a distance. Only if they were up close would you need to worry about a quick death. Now you'll get chewed up from across the map by a Volt or Devotion.
>>
>>165155595
I don't know, since it's too difficult to judge someone's (in this case, Frothy's) familiarity/skill with a Titan without watching a bunch of LTS games of them playing just that Titan. You have to see how they think and how they model the game, and then how that philosophy plugs into their Titan's overall kit. How they play in different situations, different matchups (both varying Titans and varying skill levels of opponent/teammate), and different maps matters a lot for gauging Titan-piloting skill.

I mean, yeah, generally you can tell who the melee-mashing Retard Ronins are, but from the middle of the curve upwards, it's hard to judge at a glance.

For those Ronin tips specifically, I'd say it looks pretty much "not wrong", but I'm not a Ronin expert either. That said, I think there's a lot of parity among Ronin's kits, and it's all up to how you want to use the Titan.
>>
>Slonne
>gets hyped through the entire game
>Her fight is in generic control room
>Its not much diffirent from regular titan fight
>She dies like a bitch and explodes

>Viper
>FAST as fuck
>Speed is life
>Probably the most overpowered Northstar on the frontier
>Comes literally out of fucking nowhere to fuck up your day
>Destroys half of your shuttles in about 20 seconds
>His fight is on the top a fucking flying spaceship
>Actually can backup his chuuni words
>CIA power stance in the credits
>Actually harms BT unlike the rest of Apex Predators
>Even after being defeated comes back to fuck up your day once more
>You had to rip off his cockpit to finish him so no execution dishonor

Blisk made a mistake choosing his second in command
>>
>>165155891
Some people aren't confident enough in leveraging the movement system to their advantage with whatever weapon they're using. Some prefer the high ground and being able to pick people off without abandon.

Tone is the most popular Titan for a few reasons, all owing to her overall ease of use:
>She is the most straightforward of the Titans and is a one-trick pony (get lock, launch missiles)
>Her 40mm cannon is the best Pilot killer primary weapon
>She can fight at mid-long range, meaning given the opportunity, she can zone people out
>She has a free Pulse Blade with her sonar ability, which lets her see what's coming
>Salvo Core is one of the most devastating Cores in the game and is stupendously easy to use
>>
>>165156186
>Slone is his right hand pilot and public second-in-command
>Viper is his left hand man who he sends to quietly get the hardest jobs done

It's not always the best idea to show off the ace (heh) up your sleeve.
>>
>>165155891
Tone is overpowered
>>
>>165156186
>[Slone's boss fight] not much diffirent from regular titan fight
She disengages at least, what, three different times while throwing large waves of enemies at you in between.
>>
Actually, why we don't hear of Viper until he shows up? He's so based that he just waited patiently to blitzkrieg our ass?
>>
>TF3
>Viper comes back as Stimbot with infinite jetpack
>>
>>165155595
wait? you really think that shit is hard to find out?
Every titan have just some viable configurations and play style.
I dont get why there are kids that have to see a video to understand shit like that instead of playing the game, test some shit and realize what works and don't.
>>
>>165156063
>Unlike the first game where even sighted spread had a bit of inaccuracy to it, many weapons in the second are pinpoint, it is way too easy to pick enemies off in the air.
>In the first, you could get around and not worry that much about enemy fire from a distance. Only if they were up close would you need to worry about a quick death. Now you'll get chewed up from across the map by a Volt or Devotion.
You hit the nail on it's head.
This is by far the weakest part of the game. The entire game would benefit from 2x pilot health.
>>
>>165156186
Viper is a one-note Pilot whose gimmick is a heavily-modified Northstar that outright flies and lets him keep up with shuttles. He has no mind for logistics or overall strategy or anything of the sort. He is strictly a figher ace, nothing more, and that's all we ever learn of him. Yes, his encounter is one of the most memorable, but I think you're severely overselling Viper.
>>
>>165156567
>Viper and Blisk both know that Viper's probably the best pilot in OI-pex
>Blisk lets him run his own cadre of handpicked black ops wingmen
>Viper can't be Maximum Operator and also second-in-command
>All of OI-pex knows that Slone is a mediocre pilot at best, but still an asset as a logistics manager
>Blisk makes Slone is second-in-command and keeps her close by on a leash, both to protect her and to keep Viper a secret weapon
>Viper is literally CIA

Slone is basically Blisk's secretary, if you listen to what she says and does throughout the story.
>>
File: 1484014438168.png (378KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484014438168.png
378KB, 960x1024px
>>165156781
Because people don't know how to play Ronin, and his options aren't immediately obvious.
>>
>>165138159
Pity they're boring CoD pointstreaks.
>>
>>165156186
Slone is just a second-in-command type who orders others around.
Viper is the muscle who gets things done himself behind the scenes.

It's like the difference between Grand Moff Tarkin and DARTH VADER.
>>
>>165156915
>Blisk and and sexy secretary Slone taking notes.

I like it.
>>
>>165156567
Why the fuck would you announce to your enemy that you're coming? No excuse like for Ash or Richter, who didn't know you hacked their radios, Blisk figured out you did it after you kill Richter.

But why didn't we hear of him? Did we need to? Did we see him or Kane after Blisk attacks Lastimosa? We didnt really need to.

>>165156851
That's some heresy right there

But you are correct
>>
>>165157091
>Slone with glasses, a white collared button-up, and a pencil skirt

You might be onto something here, anon.
>>
>>165157216
I might.
>>
>>165157216
>>165157091
>Blisk in a business suit
>Still wears a harness over it for his shoulder knife
>Sleeves are ripped off
>>
Talking about Viper
Does Northstar stops being shit at some moment?
>>
>>165156851
Ah, but Viper is the quintessence of what it means to be a Pilot. Viper is the Pilot that every Pilot should aspire to be. A Pilot doesn't need to know anything about logistics, or grand strategy.

A Pilot and his Titan together are nothing more than a force multiplier with a brain (or two, if you count the robot). Viper has discarded the "shore up your weaknesses" way of thinking and gone all-in on "augment your strengths". He's at the point at which his strengths in combat (which is all a Pilot should worry about) are nigh unmatched. If a Pilot wants to do logistics, or strategy and troop coordination, he should retire from being a Pilot ASAP.
>>
>>165157410
shit, now I have to do that.
>>
>>165157706
make sure he has a red Hitman tie
>>
File: 1484021157892.jpg (322KB, 933x782px) Image search: [Google]
1484021157892.jpg
322KB, 933x782px
>>165157435
Northstar is the best peeker. She can peek from angles no other Titan can. Catch enemy Titans through gaps, and always play hard-to-get. You must take solace in the fact that no one will ever catch you as Northstar, and make the enemy know that it will be a losing battle for them if they try.

>"Welcome back, Pilot."
>[She looks happy.]
>>
>>165157568
Not him, but I get what you're saying. His biggest strength is mobility, but he doesn't use that enough in his fight. Not to mention he's easily beaten by a tone with tracking rockets or the simple expedition loadout.

I suppose he was geard up more for anti-aircraft than titan combat, which shows, because all the missles in the world couldn't reach you behind cover.
>>
>>165157568
And that's why he should be second-in-command of Apex?
>>
>>165139030
All that early Titan means in tf2 is getting laser'd to death in a minute with all the roofs and nooks on current maps and without a regenerating shield. You can't keep a Titan going like you used to with phase shifts or a-wall im the game.
>>
>mfw gunrunner isn't as shit as people say
I'm using it on my backup pistol and nobody bothered to tell me you can still run while shooting, I thought it just meant you could immediately transition to the firing stance while running. It's way better in occasions where you need to keep moving without going in a predictable slide path or when there isn't a wall nearby.
Obviously not that useful on primary weapons but whatever.
>>
>Frothy puts the Mastiff in F tier
>Amped wall in S
>Thunderbolt in C
>Unsubscribed
>>
>>165158839
Gunrunner only really works on SMGs and certain grenadiers, but there's usually better options.
>>
>>165156567
he seems like the ace in the hole for the apex predators
"ok this guy is getting really fucking annoying, send viper for his ass."
>>
>>165158839
I run quick reload and gunrunner on just about everything.

Then again all i use is the volt, car, alternator, EPG and EVA-8

im on console so dont be mad for me using the volt
>>
>>165159000
>he was subscribed in the first place
>>
>>165158839
He was going so fast He got to us before Blisk could call it in
>>
>>165159000
>Mastiff in shit tier alongside the Archer and Spitfire
In the grand scheme of things, I'm not surprised. You have to work way harder with the Mastiff to get kills than you do with the EVA-8 or Mozambique - both of which, for the record, are in his S-tier. If you're a meta babby, there is no reason to pick the Mastiff when the EVA-8 and Mozambique are strictly better options.

>Amped Wall sets up a free defensible position that enemies can't directly shoot through and amplifies your own damage
>Forces enemies to get around/flank you
Again, not surprised he put that in S-tier. A-Wall is one of those tools that specifically makes going slow a viable option.
>>
>>165159000
stop watching shit Meta youtubers
>>
>>165159820
The problem is that Frothy is THE shit meta babby, and everyone else listens to him.
>>
What would /tfg/ rate Titanfall 2's campaign out of 10?
>>
>>165160087
A 6 outta 10

With one 11 outta 10 mission
>>
>>165160087
8/10
>>
>>165160087
7/10

Shooting stuff isnt all that fun especially on higher difficulties. But the level design, jumping on stuff, and the interactions with BT make up for it.
>>
>>165160087
5/5, one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played. It teaches you all the core tenants of the game and lets you use every weapon and Titan, the narrative is compelling, the setpieces are awe-inspiring, the level design is great, it throws you "puzzles" and good platforming sections to break up the action, the combat is good, and the interactions between Cooper and BT are the bow that ties the entire package together.
>>
>>165160481
Forgot to add that the campaign doesn't overstay its welcome, and it advances the Titanfall story, even just a little bit.
>>
>>165159916
F3 get out.
>>
>>165160087
8/10, and recommend that you play on Hard and not Master. Hard is challenging but enjoyable, whereas in Master you're repeatedly ripped from your immersion by some random grunt putting his foot up your ass and instantly killing you the split second you land in front of him.

I wanted more movement challenges, since I loved Mirror's Edge and did actual parkour for something like 7 years before settling into freelance arting (aka glued to desk). But I guess the game already has a lot of them, especially if you hunt for all the helmets.
>>
>>165158839
>>165159061
>>165159219
Ultimately, Gunrunner is obsoleted by sliding because they both do the same thing.
Gunrunner allows you to shoot while sprinting and more importantly it raises your gun instantly for shooting.
Sliding also instantly raises your gun and gives you a speed boost beyond sprinting.

I find Gunrunner to be best on a few semi-auto weapons so as to prevent the delay between shots you get when you have auto-sprint on and touch the ground moving forward (and aren't sliding for some reason).
EVA-8 especially.

If it isn't the EVA-8, SMGs, EPG or the L-STAR, hip spread is too shit to rely on them and make good use of Gunrunner.
Gunrunner on the Spitfire is strangely effective.
>>
>>165160772
Titanfall's parkour isn't as "intricate" as that in Mirror's Edge, but I would still put more faith in first-person platforming in Titanfall than I would in Mirror's Edge.
>>
>>165160772
I forgot to add that the only reason it's not a 10/10 is because on Hard, none of the enemies really feel like a dire threat, but on Master, they all one- or two-shot you unreasonably fast. In both modes, the AI goes full retard the second you break LoS and do like two metres of wallrunning. If not for the movement system, the great atmosphere, and giant robots, the SP would be like a 4/10.

If the difficulty was adjusted to be somewhere in between Hard and Master, the campaign would be perfect.
>>
>>165153898
I'm subbed to him since there aren't many TFI youtube channels but I don't think his Ronin is any good. He's got good ideas but his gameplay is...

> I'm a pro genji
>>
>>165160880
>Ultimately, Gunrunner is obsoleted by sliding because they both do the same thing.
It also helps that sliding counts as crouching, so you can do drop-shot bullshit like you can in Call of Duty, since you're a smaller target.

Also,
>auto-sprint
>>
>>165160994
>faith
was that a fucking mirror's edge pun

But I feel like opposite of TiFa, M'sE was almost a little too complex for its own good. It overreached just a tiny bit--barely noticeable--in its attempt to fully replicate the range of motion of actual parkour with a reasonable control scheme. It felt pretty nice to have so much freedom (and superhuman wallrunning capabilities) once you mastered the whole control scheme, but by then you're more than halfway through the game.

Also, for some reason the differences in where the first-person camera are placed make it way easier to tell where the fuck you're going to land in Titanfall. I remember having to constantly look down at my feet in Mirror's Edge to make sure I was on a decent trajectory.
>>
>>165136195
DPI 400

Sens 1.7
>>
File: 1446927344696.png (319KB, 423x434px) Image search: [Google]
1446927344696.png
319KB, 423x434px
>there's more fanart of the titans as almost naked animu girls than there is fanart of them as titans
>>
>>165160880
The problem is that the slide puts your head where most people have their cross hair and you'renot as mobile as when sprinting.
>>
File: running in 90s.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
running in 90s.gif
2MB, 300x169px
Best Titanfall 2 youtuber? I need to listen to something while cooking.
>>
>>165161984
oh shit
my twin brother
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>165162623
Blackman and gingerman
>>
>>165136195
800 DPI, 1.9 sens
about 27 cm/360 that is
>>
File: cot.jpg (167KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
cot.jpg
167KB, 600x797px
>have a great game
>but it was because the enemy is shit

>have a terrible game
>but still end up top 3

I can't take this polarizing shit anymore
>>
>>165162870
Some multiplayer guide/tutorial guys?
>>
File: smartPistol_ref02.jpg (850KB, 1920x1600px) Image search: [Google]
smartPistol_ref02.jpg
850KB, 1920x1600px
so today, i'm modelling the TiFa2 smart pistol as my hard surface modelling practice

i dont know what the fuck is up with lastimosa putting screws on every goddamn inch of his designs

but yea, smart pistol coming Soon™, from that data knife anon
>>
>>165163152
Well they bring up multiplayer and some bad tips...

>ugh the reload animation cancels the Ion's shield
>>
File: sexysecretary.jpg (321KB, 742x753px) Image search: [Google]
sexysecretary.jpg
321KB, 742x753px
>>165157216
>>165157410
something fast because I have things to do.
>>
>>165160087
A 9/10, and it's only that high because for the game it is, it has no right having a campaign as good as it is. Also Viper.
>>
File: 1405812715844.jpg (108KB, 854x770px) Image search: [Google]
1405812715844.jpg
108KB, 854x770px
>>165163984
Fucking noice
>>
>>165163371
Post that data knife?
>>
>>165163984
this really gets my oi going
>>
File: 1449083199306.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449083199306.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>165163984
Good shit. /tfg/ is blessed to have the artfags it does.
>>
File: gif~66.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
gif~66.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>165163984
Nnnnnoice
pls do lewdz some day
>>
The problem with Tone and Devotion is their universal range.

Devotion is a better sniping rifle and good for spraying up close.

Tone can safely pick off pilots and other titans behind the shield because it just needs 3 potshots to fire its rocket salvo.

Northstar only has 6 shots to one hit pilots with, tone has 12.

Northstar needs to charge fully and has to hit a critspot for good damage, Tone just needs the thre lock ons all while having more health and the shield.

They're just too good at everything.
>>
File: dataKnife_comp.png (641KB, 1125x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dataKnife_comp.png
641KB, 1125x1080px
>>165164202
I wanted to try a custom shape, since the normal data knife looked like the only thing it could cut was play-doh.

Yes, that's Northstar's Core icon embellished near the guard.
>>
File: 1439232255927.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439232255927.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>165163984
>Picture of sniper-chan in the right corner
Well played anon
>>
>>165164505
>Devotion no longer fires any shots during spin-up, but spin-up time is shorter
>Tone Particle Wall height reduced to just over her crouching height, forcing her to commit to her position if she wants to use the wall
>If she stands and runs, you can shoot her
>VTOL now has a purpose against Tone

fixed
>>
>>165163371
>The SP MK6 is the choice of deep cover operative, most infamously used by the Advocates in clandestine assassination operations.
>The Smart Pistol is a secret agent/assassin's weapon
That's fucking cool, now that I think about it.
>>
File: 50600365_p0.jpg (127KB, 292x408px) Image search: [Google]
50600365_p0.jpg
127KB, 292x408px
>>165163984
youre the fuckin best
>>
File: 20170110_125604-1.jpg (2MB, 1325x2467px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_125604-1.jpg
2MB, 1325x2467px
Why are titan hands so FUCKING retarded?
Why is it so hard to keep everything at a consistent scale?
WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THEM HOLDING THEIR WEAPON RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM 24/7 SO I CAN'T GET GOOD REFERENCE PHOTOS, AND END UP FUCKING UP MY DRAWING?!

Fuck drawing man, this shit took like three hours, a shitload of smudging, some money for more lead, and the wish for death and a better eraser.

>cuckmere CAPTCHA
Alright I feel better.
>>
Too bad Slone is kind of ratty-looking in-game. I blame the haircut and shit around her eyes. Also, y'know, executing POWs and being a psychopath in general.
>>
>>165162154
Because drawing robots is more intricate than drawing people, especially with the amount of detail that Titans have.
>>
>>165164505
What annoys me about Tone is his core's RAW damage. Most deal medium burst damage or more damage over time. But with Tone I can drop a fresh Titan, go around the corner and get blown up by a Tone which worked up it's core on some scrub.
>>
File: vipers got you in the pipe.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vipers got you in the pipe.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>165136453
Speed is life

Reposting this because I only made one Northstar WebM
>>
>>165161208
>>auto-sprint
Yes, auto-sprint.
I switched Shift and Ctrl so that shift is Crouch, small finger resting to press in an instant. Because the option is available and one is jumping/sliding/wallrunning 99% of the time anyway, I ignore the manual sprint key and use auto-sprint.

Also why I don't use Gunrunner. Instead I slide for a fraction of a second to get the instant raise, and then jump for the speed while being ready to fire.
>>
>>165163371
why the fuck does the smart pistol have two slide catches

why is one of them backwards

why isn't there even a milled slot on the slide for a slide catch to catch??
>>
>>165160994
>>165161538
The parkour of Mirror's Edge is rather simple, but because that's all the game was about, they put a bunch of functions on different buttons and made some things unnecessarily complex when it came to inputs. Titanfall has everything ME has, but it does it all with just camera control, jump and crouch.
>>
>>165165539
still better than anything I could do anon

keep going, don't stop, you are picking up speed in your own way

make Viper proud
>>
>>165163934
>The ginger's favorite titan is Scorch
>>
>>165166343
the fuck are you smoking?

ME was way more intricate with the wall-running than in titanfall. Literally all titanfall does for parkour is wall running. It's good don't get me wrong, but saying titanfall does parkour better is just plain dumb senpai.
>>
>>165166858
this
>>
>>165165639
I want her to break me in half with her thighs amd whisper "Sorry, love." into my ear.
>>
>>165165539
It looks good so far, anon. I'm impressed with the detail you've put into it
>>
How do i get good with Legion? I get PWNED by Tones and Ronins
Im using Bonus dash and bonus ammo
>>
>>165166858
(cont.)

And on top of all that the level design, in the first Mirrors Edge anyway, was fucking fantastic. Way more thought out than titanfalls MP levels. If you want a pure parkour experience the first Mirrors Edge is the absolute best game bar none.

That being said, it's a good thing Titanfall isn't as complex, can you imagine having to hit all those button queues to vault and shit while trying to go fast and shoot?
>>
>>165166343
Disagree, Mirror's Edge had significantly more precision and options. You don't really decide when to catleap/grab a ledge in TiFa, you either just hit a ledge and hang there without moving, or you auto-mantle because you were holding W. You can't hang and shimmy along, either. You also got to decide exactly when to wallrun instead of jumping at a wall and seeing if it works. M'sE relies more on careful planning and precise execution of a toolkit, and TiFa more on freehanding it and relying on your jump jets. Both are good, don't get me wrong. I love both.

Overall, I think the movement system in M'sE is more oriented around and built for climbing/vertical movement, and TiFa's more built around crossing huge spaces/horizontal movement.
>>
>>165167158
Use hidden compartment
You can doom a ronin in two shots and some additonal BRRRRT.

You do more DPS than tone, but only expose yourself for long periods of time if your gunshield is ready

Know when to use short range/long range mode and go for powershot long range-mode crits for huge damage.
>>
>>165167289
>Is that a Slow camping up there?
>Part of me is actually impressed he got up there
>Let's go kill him
>Almost there
>shit shit SHIT
>missed the ledge grab
>he peeps over the edge and shoots you on your way down
>>
>>165167158
You have a big fucking gun. Point that thing towards the tones and melt those mutherfuckers.
You are a fucking tank just dont stop shooting because you dont have the speed to run away.
Keep a wall near to you all the time so you can get behind to reload.
>>
>>165167158
Legion's gimmick is his close-range and long-range modes. Long-range mode uses ammo twice as fast, but it lets you hit longshots and gives you a Power Shot that pierces Titans and does healthy damage. Close range uses ammo regularly, and the Power Shot is a shotgun blast that does good damage and knockback.

Use your ranges to control space and lay down continuous fire. Save your gun shield for AFTER you start taking damage, since using it to not shield yourself from damage is a waste. If you can help it, activate the shield as you're reloading, so you're not defenseless during the animation.

Use your short-range Power Shot to mulch enemy Pilots. It only costs one bullet, and it's effectively a very large shotgun blast.
>>
Holy shit the double take is so much fun
>>
>>165165539
If you need good titan hands, BT may be your answer. in the campaign you can get a good look when he waits for fastballing, and then he seems to scan with his hand outwards.

Also during the satellite relay mission (the first time he throws you, towards the end of the mission when he catches you, he makes a thumbs up.

Just a few ideas for reference.
>>
File: mp_lobby0033.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0033.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
this build is fucking goofy but I like it
only using P2016 against pilots
amped SMR for titans
arc grenades for either
>>
>>165167158
For ronins, switch to close-range mode and grab hidden compartment. The damage is good, especially for sword-happy ronins, but powershot will also push him back.

For tones, if he's close, push up past his particle shield and switch ti close range and mulch him. Tones get panicky with close range. If he's long, predict when he fires missles then bring up gun shield. Long range mode through his shield. You can break it with one clip, assuming he;s not running enhanced shield, and then punish him with two long range power shots. Or use smart core for infinite ammo and mulch his shield and then him.

Good luck.

You can easily run away from a phase nuke eject ronin, if you don't allow him to corner you, which you shouldn't, given he's a scrawny fuck and you lift 500 tons before breakfest.
>>
File: 1484021281926.jpg (355KB, 1200x985px) Image search: [Google]
1484021281926.jpg
355KB, 1200x985px
>>165136046
>Pilot: If I learn about System A, do you think the Auto-Titan's performance would go up...?
>Pilot: Northstar. What do you do if the opposing Titan just stops moving?
>Northstar: (thinking) I'm probably supposed to answer, 'I'll put a trap', no?
>Northstar: Like this, right?
>Pilot: CORRECT.
>>
>>165161048
He uses leadwall more than just mashing melee and he straight up said Sword Core is primarily best used for damage mitigation w/ swordblock and as an oh-shit button to GTFO of bad situations
>>
>>165168323
Close-range Power Shot also deals very chunky damage to Ronin (if he's not blocking), so make him regret engaging you. If you can at least trade 1:1 damage with Ronin, you're winning, because Ronin never wants to trade 1:1.
>>
>>165154374
Swordblock actually blocks spicy finger (which is fucking ridiculous but w/e) and Scorch gets kited way too easily by any halfway-competent Ronin
>>
>Be Ion
>Enemy Legion just keeps shooting at your vortex shield like a retard
>>
>>165136195
800 DPI, 2.25 sens. Mousepad edge to edge gives me a little over 360* rotation.
>>
>Smart Pistol
>Smart Core

Smart DMR when
>>
File: sk doubt.jpg (34KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
sk doubt.jpg
34KB, 325x325px
>>165165813
That doesn't make it any less silly, especially when half the titans have male voices.
>>
>>165168963
>Smart Tone
>>
>>165161034
I mean... you must have a very favourable view towards the campaign if you're saying that even after you take away everything that makes TF2 what it is, it still scores a 4/10 (slightly below average)
>>
>>165168847
>Be legion
>Know what Ion can do
>See Ion
>He knows not to waste his shield like an idiot
>I'm not going to shoot until I know he doesn't have enough power to shield
>He's not going to shield until I start firing
>We both start shimmying under the monorail on eden
>I start crouch spamming, trying to avoid laser shot while my shield recharges
>He starts crouch spamming as well
>I stop shimmying, just spamming
>He stops shimmying too
>We sit there and bounce for about half a minute, not even bothering to attack
>He laser shots me again and we go back to it
>Ally titan comes from behind and we double team him

That's what happens when an unmovable object meets and unstoppable force
>>
>>165169272
>tfw i was that Ion
>>
>>165168438
>Sword Block is your best friend and lifeline; if you don't use Sword Block, you should forget playing Ronin.
>Electric smoke is your other best friend; use it with the rest of your kit to sow discord and break up enemy lines.
>Sword Core is amazing because it makes your everything stronger, especially your Sword Block. You don't need to YOLO melee in Sword Core, and it's perfectly fine to spend most of your Core using Sword Block.
>Ronin naturally draws aggro because he's Ronin; use this to your advantage.
>Against Pilots, try to be First to Fall, and once you land, focus on hunting strictly Pilots; you don't want to starve your teammates of their Titan points and not have backup later because you're killing all the NPCs.
>Against Titans, harrass the enemy, sow chaos and be difficult to catch. Enemies will eventually focus on you, which is good, because that leaves them vulnerable to your teammates. That said, don't get in boxing matches, because trading damage is never in Ronin's favor.
>Suggested universal kits: Overcore or Counter Ready
>Suggested Ronin kits: Ricochet Rounds, Thunderstorm, or Temporal Anomaly
Those are Frosty's core points on playing Ronin. Now you don't need to watch his video.
>>
>>165169272
>>165169272
>2k17
>people still don't know you can just aim for legs when ion/scourge/legion uses shield
>>
>>165138643

You are legit hindering yourself by having your sens that high.

You're an idiot that bought into the high sensitivity meme. Pro players from quake to CS use low sensitivities.
>>
File: e4m7 stair jumps.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
e4m7 stair jumps.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>165163112
take a break
go play something else that will quench your need for fast for a bit, maybe something that isn't multiplayer
and then come back, you will feel better
>>
>>165169442
No fucking way. Xbone? During a LTS match?
>>
File: hasanyoneseentfg.jpg (211KB, 749x728px) Image search: [Google]
hasanyoneseentfg.jpg
211KB, 749x728px
Made a fresh and messy meme for you guys today, keep being fast.
>>
>>165169272
what the fug, competent ion vs legion in a flat field goes to ion for sure. he can plink you with single laser-shots and hold M1 while he waits for recharge, always sitting on enough energy to vortex shield if you decide to take 5 seconds to spin up and actually try to shoot him
>>
@165169772
no (You) for u
>>
>>165169696
yeah.
>>
File: jaden-smith-1.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jaden-smith-1.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>165169572
How can he hit my feet if I don't give him anything to hit me with?

>>165169804
It was 1v1 for a while, then my ally came and shifted the balance
>>
>>165169618
off the top of my head, Hiko uses high sens

i'm sure you've seen the clip of the reason that his P2000 is named "GeT_RiGhT slayer"

in my experience, high sens players usually developed their skills over long periods of time with a small mousepad, or limited room for a mouse in general. besides sniping, seasoned high sens players can do just as well as low sens.

there are strengths and weaknesses for both
>>
>>165169572
this makes me wonder
does crouching cover your feet?
>>
>>165170028
Probably, as Legion.
>>
>>165169572
Not to mention the vortex bug which basically insta-dooms Legion if you reflect back at their feet instead of at their torso

I think it has something to do with how splash damage of vortex reflect is calculated - maybe an equation damage that was suppposed to look like:
damage = (absorbed*0.x)
became
damage = (absorbed*1.x)

By far the cheesiest titan to play is Ion: with the above bug and the FPS bug where if you limit your framerate with a third-party program to 30fps you can hold vortex for 12-15 seconds, Ion can be exponentially more annoying than Tone to go up against
>>
>>165170028
yeah. if you crouch, the shields are protecting your whole front
>>
File: Happy Hitler.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Hitler.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>>165169890
Holy shit

My GT's SteelVangaurd, add me
>>
>>165170108
>playing against a crowd of Ions
>one of them always has a blue vortex shield, even after laser poking once
>have seen it stay blue for a year and a half
>suddenly understand why

bug abusers are the lowest of the low
>>
>gone for almost 3 weeks
>start origin
>no patch or update

Is it dead? Did christmas save it?
>>
>>165170108
> if you limit your framerate with a third-party program to 30fps
>implying i need a program to do that ;_;
>>
>>165167620
>LRM use 2x ammo
Huh, I always wondered why it seemed like I had to reload so often.

Learn something new every day.
>>
>>165170345
I do. Where the fuck do I get this program
>>
>>165170294
Christmas helped a lot. All three platforms at least doubled in size. Now everyone's waiting for Respawn's DLC roadmap so we know what to expect for 2017.
>>
File: 1483878261867.jpg (53KB, 394x790px) Image search: [Google]
1483878261867.jpg
53KB, 394x790px
So nerfs when?
>MFW Tone/Devotion/Volt shitters are going to be left in the dust when their crutches get nerfd
>>
File: highsens.jpg (145KB, 1222x730px) Image search: [Google]
highsens.jpg
145KB, 1222x730px
>>165137864
I'm also a high sens player, lowsens babbies just arent fast enough
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>Whole enemy team of titans stand in one control point
>MFW i phase shift my doom-state ronin inside and nuke eject
>>
>>165170789
If Volt gets nerfed people will just switch to the CAR which is super fucking similar anyways
>>
File: dd.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
dd.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>165169647
I've been playing some Devil Daggers recently.
Though it's more fast reaction than fast movement
>>
File: 1469348449378.jpg (63KB, 717x404px) Image search: [Google]
1469348449378.jpg
63KB, 717x404px
>>165170789
Cant wait for the RDDT tears
>>
>>165170272
>play at 120+ fps
>vortex shield barely lasts 5 seconds

I can't even play ion like this
>>
File: ะ.gif (1MB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
ะ.gif
1MB, 600x340px
>>165170884
>he has to manually phase-shift his ronin
>>
File: bliskfu.png (636KB, 1322x940px) Image search: [Google]
bliskfu.png
636KB, 1322x940px
>>165169772
>>
>>165170958
at least the CAR isn't also a sniper rifle
>>
I love bouncing traps around corners and smoking out Titans that think they're safe
>>
>>165170958
GOD
NO
that's my gun they need to keep their filthy hands off it, been using it since I got the first on 360
>>
File: 1452842193282.png (444KB, 1275x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1452842193282.png
444KB, 1275x1079px
>>165169772
>>
>>165171069
>>
>>165170108
the other outcome is also possible
if ion is at melee range vs legion
the reflected damage instantly dooms ion and does fuck all to legion
>>
>>165171067
>taking the kit that only works when you get doomed
>>
>>165171753
>taking any of the other kit options because you need a crutch

[RDDT] detected
>>
>>165171067
i was already doomed
>>
>>165171875
You were already dead is what you mean.
Not having phase reflex is a fast way to die, anon.
>>
>>165148110

You're fucking dumb.
>>
>>165136195
3000 cpi and 5 sens
>>
What is up with the reticles for pistols, are things like the hammond and wingman super inaccurate unless fired with ADS?
>>
>join a match in progress
>down by 60 points
>enterfastmode.exe
>go from bottom of the board to the top
>made them fight for it but still lost
Did I do good /tfg/?
>>
File: 1483661193272.png (404KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1483661193272.png
404KB, 800x1137px
>>165138084
I'll say this about Burn Cards. They were fun but they also served as a dosh sink that was a bit grindy since, ostensibly, you could burn through all your burn cards, all of them, and end up in a situation where you had none and the enemy had some.

I like boosts and I would say that the best way to 'bring back' burn cards is by expanding the number of boosts and adding in closed-deck Random-Boosts.

Like, for instance, a closed boost roulette for weapon enhancements (Amp, Smart, Aim-Sonar), a closed boost roulette for ordnance (Bottomless Ordnance, Tracking Ordnance, Magnetic Ordnance) and a closed boost roulette for AI type deals (Pilot Turret, Titan Turret, Ticks).

I agree there need to be more boosts to make that system a comparable one to the burn card system but I prefer boosts if only because they're more reliable. There's nothing more nerve grinding that activating one of my three burn cards and having it be perfectly countered or lost within seconds.
>>
File: 1484004620128.jpg (378KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484004620128.jpg
378KB, 960x540px
>>165172530
Many of the in-game reticles lie to you. All weapons fire towards the absolute center of your screen, and in many cases, the HUD doesn't reflect this. Pic related; it's from the last thread on this very topic, using the L-STAR as an example, since it's one of the most egregious cases.
>>
File: 1481178193458.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481178193458.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>165171873
>only justification he has for using a bad kit is by calling the other good kits crutches

okay retard
I bet you think using sword block is a crutch too
>>
File: mp_homestead0003.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_homestead0003.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>165172681
>7 titan kills
not bad,
>>
>>165172530
>>165172819
As for hip-firing pistols, most of them are absurdly accurate, the Wingman revolvers in particular.
>>
>>165172902
considering you can dash, phase shift, and move around while sword blocking ( and the fact that sword block reduces damage form all angles) no, its not a crutch, most of your core gameplay is still unchanged. auto-titan is stupid, autoeject is dumb, having an extra dash puts each dash on a 2 second cooldown, and overcore is also stupid because Ronin's sword core isnt very useful.

your move, reddit.
>>
>>165151541

I don't think you grasp the vast amount of wealth the IMC deals with every day.

We are talking about an organization that is capable of mining entire planets dry or at least to the point where the planets become unstable (They show planet miners in the art books, and fracture from TF1 was a planet ruined by the IMC's mining techniques.)

They go through such expenses like a fat kid with a box of candy, because the returns on those investments are vast beyond measure. They had a huge manufacturing facility the size of a city dedicated to making prefabricated mock-ups of buildings just to test reapers and specters.

Pilots and their training are probably the biggest expense you can put on an individual soldier, but in the greater scheme of their infrastructure it's relatively cheap.
>>
>>165172819
g2 is diffrent tho
it will fire where your sight is pointing at instead of the centre
>>
>>165173206
>unable to distinguish between general Kit 1's and titan-specific Kit 2's
>>
>>165173206
so you are saying that making your titan actually good and take care of her is [rddt]?

how autistc exactly are you?
>>
File: 1483730392202.gif (2MB, 295x218px) Image search: [Google]
1483730392202.gif
2MB, 295x218px
>>165173206
>lists off titan kits
???
but phase reflex is a ronin kit? what the fuck are you babbling about
>Ronin's sword core isn't very useful.
You UTTER retard
Opinion completely and totally discarded
>>
File: ez.png (745KB, 1119x638px) Image search: [Google]
ez.png
745KB, 1119x638px
>>165172681
Only died once

ez
>>
>>165173669
I see a lot of people playing in Jap on here, are the voices better or something?
>>
>>165173759
they are simply different, it's refreshing when you hear new voices after spending a while with english onces
>>
File: mp_lobby0067.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp_lobby0067.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>165173367
>caring about ricochet
so you cant aim?
>caring about highlander
Sword core is dumb, cant even duel doomed titans while doomed yourself
>Caring about arc wave
i use it to farm reapers in the first place, its inconsistent against titans
>caring about reduced cd on phase dash
you cant deal damage while in phase dash
so yeah, your move.
>>
File: YOUs.jpg (739KB, 1440x1930px) Image search: [Google]
YOUs.jpg
739KB, 1440x1930px
>>165173871
>>
>>165173871
Am I supposed to be impressed by these stats that show absolutely nothing about your Ronin play?
I can't argue sheer obtuseness, so keep gimping yourself I guess. here's your (You)
>>
>>165173871
L 0 L this guy's angry as fuck

>implying can aim all the way inside buildings without LoS
>yea highlander sucks
>not arc waving titans as an opener every time
>not wanting to avoid doom for significantly longer

the real pro move is to First To Fall your Ronin with Ricochet for ezpz pilot farming, and then to edit your kit for another Ronin-fall later when Titans are everywhere to whatever kit you like best against Titans.

personally i run double arc wave because i'm a sucker for turning single-use abilities into double-use. it probably comes from my unhealthy addiction to hidden compartment.
>>
you guys think respawn is going to fix a lot of the underlying issues of the game?
>>
>>165173839
I'd use them to try it out but I heard people were saying that it fucks up game invites from network, as if you can't even see it

>>165136462
Agreed that slowtards are gonna be slowtards but yeah finding an equal once in a blue moon is great
>>
>>165174603
if they do, it's probably going to be slowly but surely. i'm getting a lot of the Frontier Developments vibe (coincidence?) from Respawn, so i think titanfall will get updated a lot like elite: dangerous.

piece by piece, but there's something magical at the end of the tunnel.
>>
File: 944698785336.png (25KB, 227x199px) Image search: [Google]
944698785336.png
25KB, 227x199px
>>165153341
mfw my art hops generals
>>
>>165156827
Get the fuck out. I don't want, nor should I have to, burn an entire mag from an R201 to kill a pilot.
>>
File: 1479486674930.png (455KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1479486674930.png
455KB, 500x499px
>>165173871
>EVA-8, the ez_mod_weapon_for_garbage_players as most used
>>
>>165173871
>arc wave is inconsistent against titans

what are you smoking? it's one of your best anti-titan tools due to the slowdown.
>>
>>165174894
>being this mad
bet you shit bricks everytime you see Tone
>>
>>165174508
its banter
>>165174340
thank(you)
>>
>>165173261
pretty sure g2 is the same as what that anon said. that was one of the weapons that i first discovered the anomaly the anon pointed out
>>
>>165175496
And ? The EVA-8 is the most broken and disgusting mess of a weapon I've ever seen, any retard can just spam it in the general direction of the ennemy while other weapons at least require you to have good aim, eat shit and die.
>>
File: your-tears[1].png (106KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
your-tears[1].png
106KB, 350x319px
>>165175984
>>
>>165173759
I play in Jap because I like it when my Ion says Okaerinasai to me when I enter her
>>
>>165176191
>your gf will never sai okaerinasai when you enter her
;_;
>>
File: 1476211433516.jpg (102KB, 712x922px) Image search: [Google]
1476211433516.jpg
102KB, 712x922px
>>165176145
more like
>>
>>165174889
but anon

>bumping pilot health somewhere between 1.5x and 2.0x what it currently is, or dropping all damage by the inverse
>bump some of the lower-damaging weapons like the R-97 to compensate
>make SMG's and shotguns king of CQC, either by per bullet damage (Alternator) or high RoF (R-97)
>make assault rifles and LMG's more accurate at midrange than SMG's, but less per-bullet DPS -> relying on accuracy for net outperformance at the right range
>sniper rifles have the best per-bullet damage, accuracy, and range, but the lowest RoF
>delete Amped Weapons from the game because you've now ended up with
>balanced weapons

"but isn't already like this?" not by a long shot

>Volt and Devotion both sniper rifles, especially amped
>CAR is a functional assault rifle
>R-201 and L-STAR both functional SMG's, with the latter restricted to CQC or long-range cheese spam and being a worse SMR
>Spitfire is ???

I'd say that as of now, the most exemplary weapons in class are:
>R-97 for SMG
>V-47 Flatline for AR
>EVA-8 for shotgun
>DMR for Sniper

That isn't to say that stuff like the Kraber has no role, they do. They're just not exemplary in class. Only Spitfire and L-STAR have no real role in the game.
>>
>>165176191
>Ronin will never have personality and voice of Japanese anime imouto
;_;
R-ronin prime when? ;_;
>>
>>165176369
;_;
>>
>if i want to win i must play ion
shes op isnt she
respawn pls dont nerf
>>
>want to try out the ion
>0 people in LTS
>>
>>165176757
she's not OP. she's just fucking broken
Tone is the one who's properly OP
>>
>>165176583
(continued) also, it's not wrong or bad to have weapons that bridge roles the way the R-201 and CAR do. that's because they're only jumping across one range class (between medium and short)

when a weapon jumps across the whole range spectrum (like the volt jumping from close to far), or when a weapon of one range class fully outperforms those of another (amped devotion is better than any of the sniper rifles in practical use), then it's a problem.

imagine if the double take had perfect hipfire accuracy and a one-shot bodyshot damage model, or if the hemlok killed in one burst at any range.

anyways, i think mildly increased TTK's for pilot combat would be quite good for the game. it would make fights more meaningful and enjoyable, at least for me.
>>
>>165176757
She is not OP, she is just very good when well played and with a proper tyming, and she has a couple bugs that need fixing.
>>
File: 1443202803765.jpg (323KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443202803765.jpg
323KB, 1024x768px
>>165177047
>anyways, i think mildly increased TTK's for pilot combat would be quite good for the game. it would make fights more meaningful and enjoyable
doesn't sound too bad to me tb h
kinda getting tired of instadying whenever someone with a volt catches me by surprise because i'm going too fast and theyre going too slow
and nerf pilot sentry range holy shit, it's so goddamn accurate from so far away
>>
>>165178002
>confusing a groundwalker robutt using Volt for a spectre and ignoring him
>instantly dying for it

every time
>>
File: 1430236896206.png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1430236896206.png
473KB, 600x706px
>>165178126

>run around a spectre drop trying to find one to hack
>wondering why stalkers don't die in one melee
>>
>4 tones
>still win

gg ez shitters
>>
>get stuck in pilot vs pilot
>stop caring
>just walk around on the ground with EPG and wingman
>still manage to get kills
>even get a triple kill just walking directly at the enemy while in the open firing my wingman at them
>>
>>165175609
if you move it shoots to the ads dot, not the center
>>
>>165170294
See
>>165146452

Although it's unsure whether the "update" is the roadmap update on what to expect or an actual update with addition s and patched
>>
>>165136195
800 dpi/1.35 sens
>>
>>165169950
Hiko uses about a 12 inch 360 which is very high for CS. Theirs would be a 1 inch 360 LOL
>>
Can we agree that Ion is the best titanfu?
>>
>>165182212
I agree, Legion is my Ogrebundo

>Searching : LTS - 0 Players
>Searching : Bounty Hunt - 0 Players
>Searching : Anything that isn't Attrition - 0 Players
KILL ME
>>
>>165182212
My wife Ion is truly the best
>>
Guys...what if Viper was not the pilot but Northstar's AI?
>>
>>165182212
>Not Tone
shit taste
>>
>>165182742
TONE PLEASES MILITIA PILOTS FOR BATTERIES
>>
>>165182567
>he plays the ded PC version
lmao
the only one dedder is the PS4 version
>>
>>165182604
but we shot him, remember?
that and northstar is way less cocky and is literally the other gender
>>
>>165183006
Original Titans had several Ai's to choose.
>>
>>165182996
I'd rather actually have fun with my video game than be gimped by a controller and even more braindead players
>>
>>165183192
but how can you have fun when "0 players" is a thing?
;^)
>>
File: 2487536.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
2487536.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
>>165147047

Me too, anon. Me too.
>>
>>165183373
still better than being bored out of my mind
>>
File: 1471256758963.jpg (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471256758963.jpg
12KB, 480x480px
>be EPG main
>get into a match
>I'm in a team of braindeads ground level slows
>against a faggot with a solid pink 1200 kill on counter EVA-8 runing stim all day long
>two cloaked devotion shitters
>all but one of them use Tone
>they stomp us completely because I can't get the EVA-8 guy in time or I get killed by one of the devotion
>eventually manage to kill the stim guy twice in a row with a direct EPG shot to save face
>we loose
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EVA-8 and Devotion neft when!!! thoose guns are ruining the fucking game, once any semy decent dumbfuck starts to use it, all grenadier weapons become nie-useless, and its impossible to catch up without using exactly the same shitty meta
>>
>>165183639
seems like you need to git gud
>>
>>165175984
>EVA-8

>Not Devotion(any) or Hemlock(console)

u w0t m8
>>
>>165184121
at least you still need to aim the devotion
and it won't one shot or 2 shot pilots just by looking at them
>>
>>165183639
Devotion is bonkers mainly because you can just hold the trigger and plow a full team.

EVA-8 is fucking fine mate
>>
>>165184343
no, but it 3 shots them from ANY FUCKING RANGE

Oh and it has what like 70 rounds in the mag?

If you think the EVA-8 is more broken than the Devotion your shit, sorry senpai.

Personally i think as far as this game is concerned the Eva is in a perfect spot for videojuego shotguns
>>
>>165184343
>and it won't one shot or 2 shot pilots just by looking at them
>Devotion and Hemlock

Hahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're right
They'll 2 shot or 3 shot you from literally any range instead
>>
>>165184343
you probably ADS every kill don't you. That would explain it.
>>
>>165183639
Eva 8 is fine, you have to be really close to make it work and by that time you can drop that pilot with any gun. It is similar to the EPG. Just go ahead and use the Eva and see how it goes.
Devotion in other hand is just deadly at any range.
>>
>>165184563
>>165184693
devotion is not broken it's ttk is low if not ramped up, basically the same as smart pistol
you have a timer on you before you die
with eva you just die
there is no outplaying that weapon in ranges wehre most of the combat happens

>>165184764
i never ads senpai

if you think the devotion is broken and eva is fine
there is smth wrong with your taught process
>>
File: roast me.png (1MB, 1688x775px) Image search: [Google]
roast me.png
1MB, 1688x775px
>>165183639
>EPG main
Do you wanna queue up with me anon? Here's my resume.
>>
>>165183820
448 game played, 288 in top 3,with the EPG and the Wigman what about you faggot
>>
>>165185105
should I be impressed or what?
>>
>>165185052
we are pretty close
>>
File: alrighty then.gif (1MB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
alrighty then.gif
1MB, 250x205px
>>165185021
>devotion is not broken
>>
File: ;^).gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
;^).gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>165183632
>"still better than being bored out of my mind"
>"0 Players" "KILL ME"
>>
>>165185021
HAHAHAHAHAH

Holy fuck you're bad. it's ttk is about one lock from a smart pistol for the first 3 shots.

Then it's a full auto face melting machine that can continue firing for 15 seconds and easily cross-map any pilot.

Oh also it's pinpoint accurate when ADS or Hip-fired.

>i- i - i- can't use that gun, b- but other people kill me with it it's OP

it's not my fault your a fucking slow who cant close gaps with the shotties. If you're dying to an EVA-8 it's your own damn fault for letting them get close.

or this this is some bait
>>
>>165185587
>pin point when hip fired
bu that's just wrong
it only gets accurate once you ramp it up fully

>it's not my fault your a fucking slow who cant close gaps with the shotties. If you're dying to an EVA-8 it's your own damn fault for letting them get close.
>implying
>>
>>165185423
Devotion is really annoying when I'm listening to music. With in-game audio I can (usually) get behind cover before devotion winds up.
>>
>>165169618
>>165139198
it works fine for me, but i don't think i'll ever be any less entertained by how some people get triggered by someone using high sensitivity
>>
>>165185021
>devotion is not broken it's ttk is low if not ramped up, basically the same as smart pistol
am I being trolled?
It LITERALLY functions as a battle rifle with the first two shots. The fact that it can ramp up at all with that fucking damage per shot is frankly the stupidest decision Respawn has made yet
It can easily compete with sniper rifles. Which is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>165176757
>>165177031
>>165177797
Does that splash damage bug with vortex shield still work on legion's hitscan bullets?
>>
>>165186559
i wasnt triggered, i am genuinely curious about how you aim with such high sensitivity. im decent at aiming but i still have problems tracking fast players with low sens, i just wanted a bit of your perspective playing with it that high. to me it is unimaginable, but you say it works for you so i am curious.
do you have a large mousepad? do you just not move your mouse much when aiming in general?
>>
>>165186967
Yep and it's not just legion's bullets.
>>
>>165187068
first guy i quoted was definitely triggered

9.84 inches
generally my actual range of movement is within a space of like 2 inches in the middle of the thing
>>
File: 1483866295820.jpg (77KB, 631x405px) Image search: [Google]
1483866295820.jpg
77KB, 631x405px
Hey /tfg/, where did you start off playing shooters?

I'm sure stuff like Tribes and Titanfall isn't where you started off, so tell me, what are your FPS roots?
>>
>>165172776
>There's nothing more nerve grinding that activating one of my three burn cards and having it be perfectly countered or lost within seconds.

The exact same situation happens with boosts.
>>
>>165187465
BattleZone and BattleZone II one of the ONLY games ever to do FPSRTS right. And it was fucking awesome.

Halo Combat Evolved and Custom Edition
So many fun memories of playing halo on Bomb-omb battlefeild
>>
>melee guy as hes speeding fast
>boot hits his face
>teleport behind him and snap his neck
>later punch guy as hes running around a corner
>teleport a good 6 feet to snap his neck

Qualty.
>>
>>165187465
Tribes: Vengeance.
>>
>>165187221
im the second guy. so what do you do if you encounter say, someone who pops stim and jumps over your head and starts to run wallrun in circles around the room at top speed? does a situation like that give you problems aiming?
>>
>>165185975

>it only gets accurate once you ramp it up full

you act like it takes more than 2-3 bullets to ramp up.
>>
Does anyone else think boosts earn percentage should be accumulative and not "this is where it is on the dial once per titanfall?"

ie
>earn boost at 40%
>you earn a boost at 40%, and also at 80%
>when you drop a titan and get out, the next one you earn is at 20%

That way you could have seemingly useless boosts (Like Holo Pilot Nova) actually be useful in the grand scheme of things
>>
How do I fix this "0 players in-game" garbage? I want to play Angel City 24/7.
>>
>>165187465
counter strike, whatever patch was before 1.5. played all the way until source then quit. that game almost ruined my grades in high school
>>
File: Swat3box.jpg (23KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
Swat3box.jpg
23KB, 250x305px
>>165187465
I fucked around in the original DOOM on playstation but really it'd have to be SWAT 3 for me. Spent many many hours with that game. Had a great multiplayer chat room type lobby, good mod support, and a pretty friendly community. Looking back at it the game was clunky, intentionally slow (even the framerate was bad on purpose), and the AI was incredibly stupid but god damn do I have fond memories from that game. I still play games with one of the guys I met in that game.
>>
>>165188096
are you australian?
>>
>>165187858
fast targets aren't really inherently problematic, nah

>>165187902
which takes 1.75s by the way

>>165187963
i don't see how having something useless more often makes it less useless
>>
>>165187854
Well shit, you showed me

>>165187717
>Halo
It still hurts to see what it is now
What a mess we made when it all went wrong

>>165188101
Pre 1.6 CS is the reason why me and my pals almost failed Computer Lab
>>
>>165188174
It's proportional to it's power. You'd get to use it more and thus having it be less powerful makes sense.

Think in terms of bullets - you want one really big bullet that kills someone in one shot but low ROF, or higher ROF but less damage.
>>
>>165188327
i fucking miss Vengeance, man. everyone bullied the shit out of it but i loved it from the very beginning until the very end
O7
>>
>>165187963
>>165188174
Dice roll would be OP as fuck
>>
>>165188154
Nope. NA.
>>
>>165188174
Let me get this straight
You see nothing wrong with sensitivity so high that you get one 360 in 1 inch AND think EVA is more broken than Devotion?
I'm sensing correlation here
Your dumb ass probably gets killed by EVA shitters so much because you can't actually hit them before they get in range.
And you plain can't see cloaked EVA shitters because you're moving your cursor around so erratically they blend into the terrain
You're definitely the one in the wrong here
>>
File: Titanfall 2.jpg (48KB, 615x650px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall 2.jpg
48KB, 615x650px
>>165136453
speed is life
>>
RDDT Status : DELETED
>>
>>165188794
Calm down there mate, no one is taking your toys away from you, also i am not him
>>
>>165188794
>AND think EVA is more broken than Devotion?
what the hell are you talking about??? what
>>
>>165187105
Nice thanks, just gotta redirect the bullets at the titans feet for salt?
>>
>>165186967
>>165189890
consider not exploiting this bug please. this is the kinda shit that makes people stop playing. i know people are gonna exploit bugs but there should be a line drawn somewhere. instantly dooming several titans with just a few legion bullets is too much
>>
>>165188603
>Dice Roll would be OP as fuck

Didn't know the care package in MW2 was OP
>>
>>165190398
Well with his suggestion-

You'd get dice roll 5(4?) times before you got your titan.

And iirc the care package had a limited selection of boosts you could get.

Imagine smart pistol, two pilot sentries, ticks, and a battery in 6 kills+grunts.

That's what happens if you can re-up boosts more than once per titan meter with Dice Roll.
>>
>>165190398
if it forced you to wait 1min in one spot for the boost to activate then sure

>>165191215
you could get everything except nuke from care package
>>
>>165191215
>implying the boosts wouldn't be rebalanced around this concept

I'm kind of getting tired of everyone saying "Oh this idea would never work despite the fact it would be subtly tweaked to make my argument completely invalid" - not just here but everywhere on /v/.

Also Dice Roll has a 36% cost so you'd get it twice before a Titan - and the odds of you getting holopilot or an anti Titan sentry are just as high as your top tier dice roll pick
>>
>>165189890
That's the thing usually no one notices. I've done it quite a bit and no one directly said anything to me about it just once did someone say the shield reflect was pretty strong. I don't think it's very widespread so unless you taunt someone no one will notice.
>>
>>165191902
>implying AT sentries aren't useful
oh, the naivete
>>
Alright /tfg/, i have the most important decision of the thread right here. Pick wisely.

Wingman or Wingman Elite?
>>
>>165192285
>deploy AT sentry at the beginning of the match
>No titans or reapers on the map
>useful

LOL!
>>
>>165192061
>accidentally powershot ion shield
>get doomed
>type wow nice first time seeing this bug
>instantly five text telling me to git gud
>>
>>165192552
Wingman Elite hands down.
>>
File: will smith.jpg (30KB, 250x346px) Image search: [Google]
will smith.jpg
30KB, 250x346px
>>165192559
did you know you don't have to use your boosts immediately
>>
File: revolver.jpg (118KB, 961x301px) Image search: [Google]
revolver.jpg
118KB, 961x301px
>>165192552
Preference really
Elite is dead accurate and projectile
Wingman gets 100 damage bodyshots while amped and is hitscan
>>
>>165192552
Elite is a meme
>>
File: TF2shield.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TF2shield.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>165192583
I did say usually. Most legion players that go full retard into an Ion shield don't really know how Ion works to begin with much less the bugs that go along with it. Like in this webm dude just goes nuts into my shield as soon as he sees my health despite being low and doomed himself.
>>
>>165187465
Original CoD
>>
>>165192559
Good thing boosts stack and don't have to be used on the spot
If I get titan sentry early I save it for the dropship
>>
>>165192890
>I'm not good at using it so I'll just call it a meme
epic post my friend. let me fetch your upvote
>>
Speaking of boosts, I have no idea how they work.
They seem to stack up sometimes but the on screen boost gauge is all weird.
>>
Legions weapon mode change animation should be sped up.
Yes or no?
>>
>>165194081
You get one boost per titan. Titan must be dead to charge up another one Or in PvP, one boost per filled gauge
They are indeed stackable
>>
>>165187465
I think my first, as early as I can remember, is the old Delta Force games. I played them with my uncle - he would move for me and I would shoot. That shit was so fun.
>>
File: 51fHhsy.gif (3MB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
51fHhsy.gif
3MB, 300x279px
>>165194392
Does this mean it's possible to send out 8 Holos at the same time?
>>
>>165185503
PC has something like 16,000 peak on weekends you cuck.

although across the board the other game modes are pretty empty asides from attrition. i don't really mind though, since attrition is pretty much the core game mode anyway.

>tfw never played LTS
>>
>>165194870
You think too small anon
>>
you know as shitty as the devotion is its pretty cool to see an LMG that's OP as fuck for once. LMG's are usually always shit.
>>
>>165195040
this is why this game rules. that's like shit out of a movie. Just throwing an army of robot spiders.
>>
Guys get it right, the game is called Titanfall™2.
>>
Man, I'm trying to git gud with the EPG but it's difficult when literally everything destroys me in the blink of an eye. And many maps have open ares too...
>>
>>165187539
Yeah but you can build up boosts again in the course of hte match. The burn card is gone once used homes
>>
Any other data centers I can find LTS other than London?
>>
>>165195415
Flank or get behind, achieve aerial or height superiority and then strike

But first you need to be fast
>>
>>165136046
>>165153898
>>165157010
>>165163984
>>165164536
>>165165539
>>165169772
I hope these are getting added to the booru.
>>
>>165187465
Timesplitters 2, Halo, and CS1.6 are the earliest I remember having access to. Everything else i'd played at the time was stuff like RPGs and the like

>Playing with /tfg/
>Mop the floor in every game
Snapshotting with Ion is fun
>>
File: softy.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
softy.webm
3MB, 853x480px
what do you guys run with the softball?
for me its satchel charges and holo pilot
i switch between wingman and some anti titan for the secondary depending on how im feeling
>>
>>165196757
Wingman Elite, Phase Shift, Low Profile, and Fire Stars.

It's fun to annoy the shit out of titans and to cowboy pilots.
>>
>>165168079
>This build is fucking goofy
>tfw this class is my main class, but with Firestar + Phase Shift

Y-yeah, pretty goofy. haha
>>
>>165187465
Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Timeplsitters, and Halo because console kiddy growing up. I would play UT2k4 at cousins house when I would visit but that was it for KB+M until I built my own PC
>>
>>165187465
I don't recall where exactly it started, but Unreal Tournament, Goldeneye and Quake III Arena were definitely in there somewhere.
>>
>>165197018

How good is the P2016? I wouldn't mind making a sneaky build around a silenced pistol.
>>
What bad habits do you have while playing?

>Don't bank as often as I should
>>
File: Stats 8th Jan.png (748KB, 1852x962px) Image search: [Google]
Stats 8th Jan.png
748KB, 1852x962px
>>165197421
>Silenced
At your own peril, anon. Silencers mean you need one more bullet to kill.

I got the P2016 to Gen10 recently, it's a fucking beast. I run Tactikill + Speed Reload. Encountering multiple enemy pilots feels like you're playing goddamn Time Crisis.

>ACTION
>RELOAD

Have my stats
>>
File: HammondP2011.png (87KB, 912x304px) Image search: [Google]
HammondP2011.png
87KB, 912x304px
>>165197421
The P2016 is fantastic. Great range, good damage, accurate. If you can hit your shots, you can put enemies down pretty well. Some people have called it a "pocket G2," and it makes sense.
>He says, as he posts the P2011
>>
>>165197515
I still have yet to fully master slidehopping. Beyond that, I don't check my corners and backside like I should; it'd keep me from getting ambushed all the time.
>>
>>165197654

Eh. I play betta when I use shit tier builds.

My Mastiff is at Gen 6, for example.
>>
File: okay.png (684KB, 1094x736px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
684KB, 1094x736px
What's the stupidest weapon you have a titan kill on, /tfg/?
>>
File: 1354686506080.jpg (16KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1354686506080.jpg
16KB, 325x325px
>Dash in close as Torch
>Tear their ass apart with the Spicy Finger
>They nuke-eject
>Can't dash away because it's on cooldown
Every fucking time
>>
>>165197937
>>
>>165197715
Pistols in this game are really good. I just hate have to choose a pistol or something to attack the titans.
>>
>>165197914
If you want a shit-tier build, run the normal Wingman or the Autopistol.

>>165198038
Use SMR. Shreds Titans. Especially amped.
>>
>>165197654
I can never seem to land hits with it. is it hipfire or ADS?
>>
If I'm on PS4, should I just give up on submachine guns and assault rifles and stick to a shotgun?
>>
>>165198325
may I ask why?
>>
File: 1458512005687.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458512005687.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>165197937
Not a Titan, but I have at least one recorded Pilot kill with the Thunderbolt. It was in a pitched close-range firefight, too. I immediately apologized afterward.
>>
>>165198405
I can't find an aiming setting I'm comfortable with so I keep fucking up my shots slightly
>>
>>165198017
i really don't miss old cloak
>>
is vortex shield still frame dependent?
>>
>>165198246
A little of both, but mostly ADS if you can help it.
>>
>>165198517
Just keep trying until you get used to it. I fucking died when I first started up because aiming and moving and shit all felt awful. Eventually it just becomes your new normal, and shit starts working out.
>>
>>165198543
At the moment, yes.
>>
>>165198550
How do you use ads while going fast with the p2016? I always get frustrated trying to run and just switch back to the Mozambique
>>
File: look at viper.png (233KB, 605x349px) Image search: [Google]
look at viper.png
233KB, 605x349px
>>
>>165198708
You don't, not conventionally. Like the G2, you have to pick your shots with the P2016, and take confidence in the fact that if you hit a couple shots, you will put the enemy down.
>>
File: brrrrrt.jpg (248KB, 1265x754px) Image search: [Google]
brrrrrt.jpg
248KB, 1265x754px
>>165197937
>>
>>165198038
Thats why you choose a Grenadier weapon
>>
>>165198543
I didn't know it was to begin with but apparently, yes it is.

>>165197937
Aside from crushing other Titans with Fast fall, my favorite was a Firestar that I lobbed in the general direction that a fight was going on in. Turns out it nailed a doomed Northstar in the face while it was near death.
>>
Mozambique

Is it MoezamBICK or MoezamBEEK
>>
>>165199824
BEEK
>>
>>165199824
Moe
Zam
Beak
>>
File: 2017-01-10_18-22-35.png (2KB, 285x49px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10_18-22-35.png
2KB, 285x49px
>>165198531
it could have been worse
>>
>>165199948
oh

oh god
>>
>>165199948

What is this?
>>
File: 1409886792854.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1409886792854.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>165199948
>cloakfield.nut
>>
>>165199948
fuuuck and that wouldn't even have been a boost.

Can you imagine that shit in Bounty Hunt?
>>
>>165199948
I'm imagining a deploy-able cover that renders everything behind invisible that can also be shot out of.

That would be disgusting
>>
>>165200474
I'm pretty sure it would have just been a deployable that made all pilots in an area around it invisible.
>>
>>165200474
An A-Wall but for stealth? Wouldn't that kinda give you away?
>>
File: how.png (428KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
428KB, 600x825px
>>165197937
hue
>>
>>165187465
do point and click games count because I was all about Mad Dog Mcree
Otherwise, shit it was probably Halo
>>
>chasing down the fastest flag runner I've ever seen
>drop my titan as a last ditch to kill him
>it actually works
>>
>>165200825
>admitting to not being fast enough

get out
>>
>>165200980
Everyone is slow at some point in their career. Don't be a cunt.
>>
File: 2017-01-10_18-43-06.png (27KB, 744x403px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10_18-43-06.png
27KB, 744x403px
>>165200331
squirrel is a beautiful language

>>165200248
>>165200474
>>165200564
yeah, a deployable tower that cloaks pilots within 40 fuckin feet apparently, thank goodness it was dropped or just hasn't been released yet
>>
File: Corridor7_manual_front_cover.jpg (28KB, 230x326px) Image search: [Google]
Corridor7_manual_front_cover.jpg
28KB, 230x326px
>>165187465

This was the first FPS I ever played.

It's probably not relevant to the question.

I've spent most of my time on the Battlefield series.
>>
>>165198531
I do, it's usless now, activate cloak,fire shot, it's on c/d

with old cloak you could pop a few shots and go back for the whole duration as long as you're not going full retar- auto
>>
>>165201216
>or just hasn't been released yet

Please... no
>>
>>165200980
Remember: there's always someone faster out there
>>
>>165199824
its pronounced
Mozambique (/dʒJˈbuːti ʃuːti/)
>>
File: 2017-01-10_18-50-04.png (2KB, 287x40px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10_18-50-04.png
2KB, 287x40px
>>165201487
at the least, as far as all of the unreleased content goes, i think it's the only one that makes me legitimately worried
others just make me thirsty for future content updates
>>
>>165201773
>_doublebarrel.nut

i would .nut if you catch my meaning
>>
>>165201773
>mp_weapon_shotgun_doublebarrel.nut
>nut

Don't mind if I do
>>
>>165201773

Is there a titan pistol.nut? one of the devs mention one
>>
File: 2017-01-10_18-54-33.png (15KB, 318x466px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10_18-54-33.png
15KB, 318x466px
>>165202050
no, there's nothing interesting the titan weapons; they might have meant the leadwall? or it might just not be in the client yet at all of course
>>
>>165202050
I really need a pistol using titan so I can complete my cowboy aesthetic.

I want to Wingman Elite dudes, titan up, and then keep one tapping dudes with a pistol.
>>
>>165202050

Riot shield pistol titan when
>>
>>165202376
We can dream
probably never though
>>
File: stupididiotdrinkingwater.jpg (54KB, 440x826px) Image search: [Google]
stupididiotdrinkingwater.jpg
54KB, 440x826px
G2 users: what sights do you use? is it worth it to practice with the stock iron sights since the HCOG or whatever, the red ones, have that horrible sway?
im about to start leveling this weapon to regen it so i want to pick one iron sight and stick with it from the beginning.
>>
How the fuck do you get faster than 30 seconds on the gauntlet without grenade boosting? My fastest right now is 32.50 and the jump up to 28.85 doesn't feel feasible.

Like, the holopilot pulls ahead of me right out the gate. What the fuck.
>>
File: SCAR bullpup.jpg (66KB, 660x305px) Image search: [Google]
SCAR bullpup.jpg
66KB, 660x305px
YOU, YES, YOU! Respawn is introducing Prime Pilot weapons to compliment the Titan Prime skins. The Prime Pilot weapons behave just like the originals except for having different reload animations, tracer effects, and sound effects. Respawn has put you in charge of selecting actual weapons to form the basis of the new Prime Pilot weaponry.

What weapons do you choose?

>IE, Flatline Prime turns the Flatline from a Korobov/Kalasnikov hybrid into a SCAR bullpup with a flair of Respawn's kitbashing elements.
>>
>>165204054
run on the wall right before the gate
>>
>>165204658
I have been, and the holo still gets immediately ahead of me. Only thing that i've been able to do is bounce off both walls, and that's not very consistent.
>>
File: G2.jpg (336KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
G2.jpg
336KB, 1000x750px
>>165204012
Rocking the HCOG Ranger all day everyday for the G2A5. Far by the easiest weapon for me to kill ejecting Pilots. I just find ironsights to be too obtrusive despite the decreased FOV from the HCOGs and Threatscopes. That and I haven't noticed any detrimental sway with the HCOGs on the G2A5.
>>
>>165182567
M8, last night at like 12 EST I kept getting pretty quick matchmaking for LTS. What fucked timezone are you in that you can't find a game?
>>
File: your pretty fast.png (93KB, 337x190px) Image search: [Google]
your pretty fast.png
93KB, 337x190px
Just had some real shit happen to me, any ideas what caused it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezQDz7oIMis&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 1478583314223.png (405KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1478583314223.png
405KB, 500x397px
>speed around with the EPG
>take out 2 groundwalkers with one-shot each
>get shot down by the third guy
>turns out they were all just sitting and shooting their entire hitscan mags
>rinse and repeat
>'whatever 2/3 isn't too bad solo and it keeps the lead'
>we lose 320/475 and they top the scoreboard
>everyone else has >5 kills

Why does it keep happening
>>
>>165205359
Looks like it is just a random glitch. If it isn't maybe the Grunt drop caused something
>>
>>165205383
When I try to go fast I just get immediately killed. I've given up on running, so when I can squad up with my team and take out the "fast" guys as they come to us alone I do that instead.
>>
>>165205359
Drop pods do that if they clip you
>>
>>165205359
>>165205570
That's what happens when the grunt drop pod lands on you. A common mechanic in games is when you get stuck inside of something the game will push you above it to escape.
>>
>>165205782
Gotta go faster m8
>>
hey /tfg/.
im depressed and lonely.
play a few games with me on ps4?
>>
>>165205570
>>165205832
>>165205839

Ahh ok makes sense, cheers lads.
>>
>>165206164
No.
>>
Is the mastiff garbage as I've been told?

Should I switch to Eva-8 instead?
>>
>>165206428
You'll have decent runs where you one shot everyone you see, and then suddenly it'll be a peashooter and you'll lose to a spitfire.

It's inconsistent as fuck, but when it's working, it's working good. EVA is about as strong and doesn't have a consistency problem, so it's hands down the better weapon.
>>
>>165206428
Yes, unfortunately. it takes much more effort to be proficient with the Mastiff than almost every other weapon.
If you want to use a shotgun and not be total cancer, use the mazombique.
Somehow, Respawn made the pistol version of the Mastiff is better than the full size version
>>
File: 1481308513803.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1481308513803.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>165163984
u da best
>>
How come I can be shooting a guy for like a full second before he's aiming at me and still die when he pulls the trigger? Is it just because my weapons are low level?
>>
>>165206829
Ping.
>Melee guy
>Splat sound
>Die
>Killcam shows him meleeing first
>>
>>165206746
Am I drunk?
pistol version of the Mastiff better than the full size version*
>>
>>165206962
The game says my ping is great though
>>
File: mz-lgflag.gif (25KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
mz-lgflag.gif
25KB, 500x334px
>>165206970
By all standards, yes. The Mozambique shoots in a cluster instead of a line, its ROF is fast, the reload is fast, and it does respectable damage, ALL AS A PISTOL. It's a "pocket shotgun" in every sense of the word, and it just reinforces that the pistols are super good. According to Frothy, it is an S-tier weapon, on the same level as the Volt, Devotion, Hemlock, EVA-8 and both Wingman revolvers.
>>
>>165207109
So is mine, but it happens.
>>
>>165207354
I was just correcting my typing error but thanks for elaborating on the mozam for that other guy
>>
>>165207354
What bothers me about the Mastiff is the fact that it has nothing absolutely going for it compared to the other two except for sheer range, something that completely goes against the use of a shotgun. That and the ADS mechanic it has was a missed opportunity for it become a sweetass energy-slug shotgun.
>>
>>165208018
To be fair, shotguns are way more effective at range in real life than a lot of video games give them credit for.
>>
Played around with the US and EU data centers. During prime times, US likes mostly Attrition, Mixtape and very light dash of Angel City 24/7 lately. EU spreads it a bit with Attrition, Mixtape, LTS, Amped and also a tiny bit of Angel City.
>>
>>165208207
Entirely depends on the shell loaded and how armored the target is.

Either way, Mastiff needs rework if it's gonna compete with the other shotguns. I personally want it be true semi-auto if it has to work with that terrible spread and projectile speed.
>>
So, I finally bumped my FoV from 70 to 110 after i saw someone here mention that there was an FoV slider on console, and jesus fuck what a good move. I thought I was slow: turned out I was just claustrophobic.

On a side note, i'm now clocking around 150 points every match of attrition, and top scoring. Am I playing with shitters or am I actually doing pretty good?
>>
>>165209038
FoV sliders on console are insanely rare, and people noticed. Respawn really wants to stand out.
>>
>>165204980
all right thanks for the input. ill go with HCOG and maybe try out threat optics when i get them
>>
I bought Titanfall 2 recently, and I've been experiencing extreme lag spikes, ruber-banding, and loosing control of my character for up to a minute. This shit didn't happen to me during the betas/demo/pre-alpha/whateverthefuckit'scalled
Did I got tricked?
Ps4 btw
>>
>>165187465
Modern Warfare 2.
>>
>>165210528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlS8m9mNxRs
>>
I FUCKING HATE TONE/DEVOTION FAGS
But I think I hate anchors even Fucking more
>>
>>165210564
My Runescape name is named after this sound bite.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170110-203347.jpg (441KB, 1407x1096px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170110-203347.jpg
441KB, 1407x1096px
>>165210607
Fucking forgot pic
>>
File: 1478218290291.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478218290291.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>165210607
>every game you are guaranteed to have at least 2 anchors unless you stack

I want this meme to end.
>>
>>165210835
>wingman elite patch

fine taste
>>
>>165210881
>>165210607
What are anchors? A new weapon?
>>
>>165210989
It's my weaponfu

I run holopilot
SMR
Wingman elite

Everything else changes to suit the battle

But yeah idk what made me more made the toneball or the anchors especially the fuck that left
Had like 15 points
>>
>>165211928
people that contribute nothing to your team and drag you down.
>>
>Alt+Enter switches between fullscreen and windowed

neat
>>
>>165212164
>Tfw you've been the anchor all along

I don't want to use OP shit but I suck at video games so without it I'm worthless.
>>
>try to play campaign at master difficulty
>find cover, crouch, ads, plink for days
>can't go fast unless running from ticks
OH NO
I AM THE FUCKING SLOW
>>
>>165212304
welcome to pc gaming, friend
>>
File: Trigger.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Trigger.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>>165210835
:^)
>>
>>165212304
No fucking way!

OMG IT DOES!
>>
>>165212473
Th-thanks

I don't game much, but I recall trying the shortcut in a couple games and it not working. Is it supposed to be universal?
>>
>>165212408
Yeah, it sucks. Enemies have fucking aimbots and kill in a couple hits. It's possible, it's just slow.

Theoretically it's possible to go fast if you're an absolute god, but it is fucking tough.
>>
>>165210835
>23 kills
>Crash site

My best score is in that map too, I guess the other team got trapped in one of those shitty spawn points.
Terrible map.
>>
So how do the Titan links work?

Does the pilot feel himself moving as the Titan or does it just read his thoughts?
>>
File: itll be ok.jpg (36KB, 506x461px) Image search: [Google]
itll be ok.jpg
36KB, 506x461px
>>165212408
Its ok, you're playing as a grunt who was training to be a pilot. It's ok if you're slow, you don't know any better.

I'll put you down quickly
>>
>>165187465
>Halo
>Goldeneye 007
>Time Crisis (if arcade games count)
>CoD 2: Big Red One
>FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus is third person but will always have a place in my heart

a stew of those if we're talking my first FPS's ever, but if we're specifically talking about PC since that's what I'm on now, then probably

>CS 1.6 and CS:S

i was just a kid though, so Endless Deathmatch Instant Respawn Random Weapon servers were pretty much all i played. sometimes hostage rescue against bots.
>>
>>165213240
Faster response time means there's less noise between Pilot and Titan. BT remarks on this as the "combat efficiency" of a pairing. The better Pilot and Titan fight together, the more improved their combat efficiency. When Sarah tried to replace BT's Pilot, BT refused by saying he already had a combat efficiency rating of ~90% with Cooper.
>>
>>165209596
have you seen the custom control options they have for gamepads? respawn doesnt fuck around. they are trying hard to make this game succeed and live long
>>
>>165187465
Metroid Prime 2. My first game ever.
>>
>>165187773
Lunge range is 3 metres with a 30-degree FoV cone, so yeah, a 6-foot lunge is normal.
>>
>>165212541
i know this image is a joke and all, but consistently playing a loadout like that really does hurt the game. anyone doing this should consider not doing it, at least not all the time. the holidays just brought in a lot of new players and they are still learning. dont scare them away just to get a higher k/d ratio.
its not like anyone else can even see your ratio anyway
>>
>>165213806
No. I want to see this game dead before Spring.
>>
>>165141053

>see a titan sentry and decide to calmly pick it apart, what's it gonna do to me? a PILOT

>it reacts and fucks me up
>>
>>165214026
why?
>>
Any PS4 guys here? Has anyone noticed a crap ton of new players? I know people are sick of anchors but I shit you not at least three of my teammates in each of my games was under level 20. Many did not call in there titans, those who did rarely got in them.
>>
File: 1389761198379.jpg (86KB, 400x578px) Image search: [Google]
1389761198379.jpg
86KB, 400x578px
>>165187465
Some guy at school had a CD with a copy of one of the Unreal Tournaments on it and somehow gained access to the admin account and hid a copy of it on every single computer in the school.

Shit was bonkers when you had everyone from little kids to teenagers all playing on a local server from different parts of the school.
>>
>>165214154
Some people just like to win no matter what.
I don't use the tfg tag but I have encounter a lot of tfgs using devotions, tones and turrets so at the end of the day, all the hate for those things is just pure shit.
>>
>>165212408
Usually the /tfg/ advice of

>you're not going fast enough

isn't actually true, but in the Master campaign, it is. The AI's retardation levels are directly proportional to how much you break LoS and how much you move. Use the EVA whenever possible with a DMR in your pocket (for those wide open spaces that you can't really just parkour across), fly fast and fly high.
>>
>>165214648
i was asking the guy why he wanted the game dead by spring. but i understand what you mean, the whole have to win no matter what. every game has those kind of players and always will.
>>
File: Sad-Clown.jpg (242KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Clown.jpg
242KB, 640x426px
>join match in progress
>team is losing by 100pts already
>Decide to stick with it
>Play well, triple kill after first spawn
>Feel like things are turning around
>look at score, down by 150pts now
>wat?
>check scoreboard, I'm leading my team with 7/1/12, after joining late. The closest to my score was a guy with 2/0/3

I swear if I join another match late with a bunch of anchors
>>
>>165212408
>Played Master
>Literally cheezed the game by running past enemies and picking off ones that were in my immediate running path

....Is it cheezing though? I went fast.
>>
File: 1474345506094.gif (2MB, 423x234px) Image search: [Google]
1474345506094.gif
2MB, 423x234px
>>165215204
>not going fast while also scouring all IMC scum from the level
>>
>>165215204
>>165215401
There's a reason that the Pilot's Gauntlet has a time penalty for missed targets. KILL THEM ALL.
>>
>>165214884
Im sick of this.
Last night, all the matches I joint an already losing team 70 to 200 or shit like that.
I hope Respawn fix this shit.
>>
>>165195612
>Implying you get more than 3 boosts on average per match
>Blaming the game and not yourself if you use all your burn cards immediately and die like a bitch every time then spend the rest of the match without cards

What is logic?
>>
>>165215846
It will always be a problem as long as people keep dodging matches.
>>
Every fucking time god damnit
>try to finish doomed enemy titan
>lolno u jus punch dem xD
>the exact nano-second I go into doomed some shitheel instantly gets me in the kill animation
>>
>>165215908
I'm not even the guy you're talking to, but I run backup battery, which is tied for the highest cost, and i'm getting 4 or 5 a match.
>>
I fucking hate the mastiff like do your fucking job as a fucking close range weapon and kill the fucker RIGHT IN FUCKIKG FRONT OF ME
I GO FAST I GET CLOSE I AIM NOW HOLD UP YOUR FUCKING END OF THE DEAL
>>
>>165216409
Just use the EVA if you want a good shotgun or the Mozambique if youre okay giving up your titan weapon.

The Mastiff is like if a Mozambique and an EVA had a retarded half-breed child. You are better off with either of the other shotguns.
>>
>>165216409

Just aimfire it. Go Gears of War on a motherfucker.
>>
>>165216576
i dunno, i prefer the mastiff since it can more easily one-shot than the mozambique without amp

seems like the mastiff clothesline is more concentrated towards the middle, so you really gotta lead the shot right. otherwise you just end up winging the guy with the side pellets for like 2 damage
>>
>>165216576
Mastiff has much more power at range than either of those.
>>
>>165216409
mastiff its the most difficult gun getting to G2 so far.
It is so inconsistent.
>>
>>165217347
You want an inconsistent gun? Use the Cold War.
>>
File: yun GRAHH.png (122KB, 313x223px) Image search: [Google]
yun GRAHH.png
122KB, 313x223px
why the fuck does angel city run so poorly holy shit. why does it always make my aim feel sluggish as fuck. how incompetent do you have to be to fail so hard at porting your own content, respawn.
>>
>>165217550
Way past mad mastiff guy here, Cold War was easy to get to gen 2 and actually fun. It did sometimes leave guys with a pinch of health and me dead but not the same infuriating way as that ticklemachine of a shotgun.
>>
>>165216254
>Being so good you can earn 5 titans
>Being so shit you lose 5 titans
>In a single game of attrition

That's how I know you are full of shit.
>>
>>165218015
I run nuke eject ronin
>>
>>165217550
Already done and actually is not hard to get G2.
The splash is so strong that is hard to miss but you need to shoot down. So far mastiff is on hold.
>>
>Tfw half the /tfg/fags you play with suck
Feels bad man.
>>
File: 1265009350194.png (13KB, 707x228px) Image search: [Google]
1265009350194.png
13KB, 707x228px
>>165218482
>tfw you don't accept when a network invite goes out because of performance anxiety
>get placed against the stack immediately afterwards
>>
>>165218629
then why are you even in a network
>>
File: mspaintadventure12d.gif (10KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
mspaintadventure12d.gif
10KB, 782x543px
>>165218737
I sometimes accept, and also memes.
>>
Cold War main here, redpill me on the softball pls.
It feels fun as fuck but I can't figure it out.
>>
>>165219245
kill mobs really easily
direct hit to one shot pilots
just spam otherwise
>>
>>165219245
EPG main. Redpill me on the Cold War.
>>
>>165219535
Significant altitude advantage is absolutely mandatory.
Use amp for retarded damage.
Lead targets closer than the epg because of the cold war's higher projectile speed.
>>
>>165219535
softball main here. redpill me on the EPG
>>
>>165219245
>Trade off overkill for underkill to allow you to invest the right amount of time into killing someone and moving on with easy to manage reloads
>>165219535
>reliably ice ground idiots and easier ensure that you dont miss by razing a large area in one trigger pull
>>165219756
Softball is just a better EPG
>>
>>165219756
Get above them.

Lead your shots. Harder than before.

You have less margin for error because of your RoF.

Amp is unnecessary when a solid hit is a guaranteed kill, run a different boost.

EPG isn't the greatest AT weapon. Don't feel ashamed to run it with Satchels or an AT secondary.

Play this on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-uHSx-YrSA
>>
File: 1478107454691.jpg (18KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
1478107454691.jpg
18KB, 301x301px
>>165218482
>That one /tfg/bro that is constantly making you get second place
>Respect him and enjoy playing with him but feel a deep hatred when you do worse and extreme bliss when you do better

Haven't felt this pressured since that fat bitch who was better at math than me in 11th grade
>>
>>165219756
Pretend you're playing quake and get sick airshots.
>>
File: gif~31.gif (98KB, 250x261px) Image search: [Google]
gif~31.gif
98KB, 250x261px
>>165220180
sorry anon, I'll be sure to dip my score just a little for you next time. I believe in you, anon.
>>
>>165221193
>Dipping

That's not how it works, if someone let's me win, i'll be even more mad

I want to win fair and square, rivalries are supposed to make both individuals better by constantly raising the bar
>>
File: 1457713226127.jpg (93KB, 579x368px) Image search: [Google]
1457713226127.jpg
93KB, 579x368px
>>165218482
>go to join the Discord
>automatically see drama about it in the thread
>decide to just play with the network
>they either use hitscan, phase shift, or even going slow

I just want fun
>>
>>165221427
i-is phase shift considered tryhard?

i just think its fun to juke dudes with my wingman elite
>>
File: 1482712737767.png (2MB, 1258x646px) Image search: [Google]
1482712737767.png
2MB, 1258x646px
>>165221839
Just aim while going fast
>>
File: 1454544161765.png (74KB, 424x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454544161765.png
74KB, 424x480px
>Barker looks like CIA
>Asks you if you thought about joining ICA
Is it just me or am I into something here?
>>
/tfg/ flowchart

>Are you going Fast?

>No
go fast

>Yes
>Are you getting killed constantly and not getting kills
>Yes
You aren't going fast enough

>First place on leaderboard and drop ship destroyed
>Did you go fast in the match?
>No
Git gud
>>
>last guy alive booting it to the drop ship
>he makes the jump to board
>ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip
>gets grappled by me, behind
>reel him in
>undo grapple at perfect point
>Grand Theft Semi-Auto
>drop ship explodes

This game has so many unscripted yet perfect moments.
>>
>>165138898
>>
File: 1423797753616.jpg (20KB, 399x316px) Image search: [Google]
1423797753616.jpg
20KB, 399x316px
>>165222172
OK buddy
>>
So Tone is the tryhard-but-is-shit titan and Ion is the tryhard-but-is-alright titan?
>>
File: 1483129911837.jpg (1MB, 1386x940px) Image search: [Google]
1483129911837.jpg
1MB, 1386x940px
Nuke, Viper/Threat (really unsure about this,) Warp good for Northstar? I wanna accelerate my Viper transformation, I just one of my fucking Advocate Gifts to roll Redline.

>North CAPTCHA
A sign!
>>
>>165224593
>Northstar ever being close enough to use nuclear ejection

Yeah nah
>>
File: 2017-01-10_23-36-07.png (19KB, 678x240px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10_23-36-07.png
19KB, 678x240px
checked out all the double barrel code, i want this thing in my hands immediately
>>
File: keep away.webm (3MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
keep away.webm
3MB, 800x500px
>>165224593
Warp is only good if you are 100% certain you will be there for your girl when she lands, and you've chosen a safe neighborhood.
>>
File: mozambique.gif (2MB, 350x146px) Image search: [Google]
mozambique.gif
2MB, 350x146px
>the Mozambique Drill is a firing pattern where you shoot two bullets in the chest and one in the head
>the Mozambique gun in Titanfall is a shotgun

I don't understand why they did this
>>
File: shaking violently.gif (506KB, 273x335px) Image search: [Google]
shaking violently.gif
506KB, 273x335px
>>165225002
>shots inherit momentum
>shots always ricochet
GIVE IT TO ME RESPAWN
>>
>>165225229
two bolts to the chest and one headshot are a guaranteed kill
the mozambique is really not a shotgun
>>
>>165225229
It fires 3 projectiles, aim it right and you get your Mozambique drill.
>>
>>165225229
>Literally fires in a triangle
DE fuck you mean
>>
>>165225114
Warpfall made sense in Titanfall 1 in the sense that it was a part of your pilot kit and there were a few Titan options like:

>Warpfall
>Longer lasting Titanfall shield
>Guardian Chip

Really they should have went further on this concept and made the "universal" titan kits fall in this category, and had two unique Titan kits per titan to choose from

>mdw having both double arc wave and Phase reflex on Ronin
>>
File: this guy1.webm (3MB, 952x480px) Image search: [Google]
this guy1.webm
3MB, 952x480px
>>165222172
Still the best
>>
File: 1472007800323.jpg (42KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
1472007800323.jpg
42KB, 640x353px
>start up mixtape
>CTF on Complex
>>
>>165225391
>drill about reliably downing a target and having multiple, concurrent shots to ensure the target is confirmed dead
>"LOL if you aim it right it's the same thing"

My man...

>>165225383
>literally called a shotgun pistol in the game
>"the mozambique is really not a shotgun"
>>
File: 1439012811086.webm (1MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
1439012811086.webm
1MB, 460x258px
>Enemy executes you
>You later execute him back
>>
>>165225794
the devotion is called an LMG but it's a sniper rifle
speaking slightly more seriously, the game is full of complete misinformation and you really shouldn't pay any mind to it. the mozambique is not used like a shotgun and it's silly to call it one as such, that's what i'm saying here.
>>
>>165226042
>the mozambique is not used like a shotgun
Except it totally is used like a shotgun. You launch slugs at an enemy's face, and their face ceases to exist.
>>
>>165226171
>using slugs in shotgun
get a load of this pilot.jpg
>>
>>165225229
>the Mozambique gun literally fires bullets in a triangle pattern with two bullets on the bottom and one on the top
>game tells you to aim for the chest so that the two bullets hit them in the chest and the higher one in the head
>it's literally a Mozambique drill in one shot instead of 3
>I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DID THIS

are you disabled?
>>
Oh hey, look at that. A Legion bullying a Northstar.
>>
>>165226469

NO BULLYING IN TITAN SCHOOL
>>
>>165226042
>Devotion
>high damage, high velocity bullet
>belt fed
>high ROF
>best used at medium to long ranged to suppress enemies
>erases idiots stupid enough to enter it's kill zone

Sounds quite literally what an LMG is designed EXACTLY to do. I don't understand why it's a sniper rifle other than "lol it kills people at a distance"

also
>Mozambique is not used like a shotgun
Are you mentally retarded? It's meant to be a non accuracy driven, short range rape fest with spread and has virtually no long range capability. It's used EXACTLY like a shotgun. It's why it's also called a shotgun.
>>
>>165226457
>Mozambique drill in one shot

The very definition of it being a Mozambique means it can't be performed in any less than 3 shots.
>>
>>165226628
>the mozambique doesn't need to be fired accurately
>the mozambique has no long range capability
do you even play this game
>>
>>165226770
>he ADS's with the Mozambique

look at the fucking noob
>>
>>165226628
>I don't understand why [the Devotion is] a sniper rifle other than "lol it kills people at a distance"
Because the Devotion doesn't need to spin up fully to kill people. It can kill on the first 2-3 shots before it reaches max RPM, with a worrying degree of accuracy to boot.

Besides, since you described exactly what LMGs are supposed to do, maybe you can help explain why the Spitfire is the worst gun in the game when it's meant to do the exact same thing.
>>
File: bait1.jpg (24KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
bait1.jpg
24KB, 308x302px
>>165226706
>the Mozambique Drill is a firing pattern where you shoot two bullets in the chest and one in the head
>the Mozambique is a gun that's designed to shoot two bullets into the chest and one in the head

I don't see where you're getting so hung up on this friend.
>>
File: not even moderately fast.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
not even moderately fast.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Just picked this game up a couple days ago, really loving it. Should I switch out my grapple for stim? I really love swinging around but when I don't have any walls nearby I feel like a sitting duck.
>>
>>165226929
Try all the tacticals a few times, see what you like. Every tactical fills a different niche.
>>
>>165226469

Wheres Pilot sama to stop this
>>
>>165226875
>maybe you can help explain why the Spitfire is the worst gun in the game when it's meant to do the exact same thing.

>what is poor gun balancing

This isn't Infinity Ward era Respawn anymore. Jason West left respawn and it JUST SO HAPPENS Titanfall 2 it way shittier than the potential of TF1. They quite literally took a game everyone loved, said "We want more shit to do since the experience is a bit shallow" and then said "Well what you really mean is everything, including the map design, is bad and we're going to change it all"

West and Zampella were a team and it's not surprising losing one half of that duo means there is shit that just isn't as good as it should be anymore.
>>
File: you'll only die tired.webm (3MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
you'll only die tired.webm
3MB, 800x500px
>>165226628
Devotion isn't belt fed, and suppression doesn't exist in this game.
>>
>>165227041
Every Titan competes for Pilot-sensei's affections.
>>
>>165226929
I felt like that when I first started, too, but I made the jump to stim and learned how to effectively move without a grappling hook.

Then I changed to Phase Shift and learned to go fast without the stim.
>>
>>165226882
>Mozambique drill is where you fire concurrent, consecutive shots to ensure a target is dead
>Entire point of drill is not delying on a well aimed shot to ensure a target is stopped
>You double tap the torso since one shot isn't enough
>You then go for the head to ensure the target is stopped if the torso rounds didn't finish him off

>Name a gun designed to fire one well aimed shot that "should" stop a target after this drill

It'd be like calling going for a headshot first and skipping the torso shots a faster version of the Mozambique. It's just objectively wrong.
>>
>>165227215
Are we really getting into the semantics of how specifically to kill a man?
>>
>>165227075
>and suppression doesn't exist in this game.

>firing rounds at the enemy doesn't exist in this game
LOL!
>>
>>165227307

I think he means BF suppression
>>
File: 1478529820131.jpg (259KB, 640x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1478529820131.jpg
259KB, 640x1112px
>>165227215
Pilots are supposed to be tactiool jedi and cannonically would have pretty boss accuracy, making a one trigger pull overkill pragmatic.
>>
>>165227110
>Ever using phase shift

Frankly Stim is still better. It activates immediately and has no delay, and the Wolverine healing factor kicks in - whereas phase shift isn't good for getting out of situations since a Devotion can finish your shit off before it activates.
>>
File: whatever.png (401KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
401KB, 640x720px
>>165226869
no? i don't even know how you drew this conclusion, but there's little reason to ever go into ADS with the mozambique
>>
>>165227307
You mean "firing rounds at an enemy to keep them pinned down in a certain position." Assuming the map isn't shit, you should generally be able to find a way out.
>>
File: angry_screech.jpg (18KB, 540x296px) Image search: [Google]
angry_screech.jpg
18KB, 540x296px
>>165225527
>post yfw Pulse Echo+ Reinforced Particle Shield
>>
>>165227305
>something you don't understand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9WnqAIq2QM
>>
File: bait2.jpg (4MB, 8100x6372px) Image search: [Google]
bait2.jpg
4MB, 8100x6372px
>>165227215
So what would you rather be?

It would be just as retarded if it were a single shot pistol my man, because the gun would just be used like every other pistol in the game: the dream would be nothing but headshots. No one would tap two in the body and one in the head: it's just slower.

It's not a perfect adaptation of the Mozambique Drill, but it's a damn fine reference none the less. I really don't understand why this is such a sore spot for you.
>>
>>165227396
>Pilots are supposed to be tactiool jedi
Y'know, that's an acceptable way to look at them. Pilots exist in a class of their own and are force multipliers in any military force, with an esoteric skillset and toolset that sets them apart from everything else on the field. They are also natural sources of morale, since seeing and ally Pilot immediately lifts the spirits of any grunt squad.
>>
>>165227419
Pinned down is only relevant in the sense they are moving forward. Suppression is not explicitly about preventing ANY enemy movement, just preventing it in a specific zone.

You can effectively suppress an enemy and force them to take a different route, which you accounted for and now have dudes set up on that flank

Point is if you know a Devotion is watching a specific area, or start receiving fire from one, you are going to fucking leave instead of trying to fight it head on.
>>
File: supressing fire in vidyas.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
supressing fire in vidyas.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>165227307
>>165227374
I mean players are not afraid of being shot/shot at since there are no real consequences.
>>
>>165227215
>applying real life tacticool mall ninja tactics to Titanfall
>a game about people with jetpacks fighting in giant robots
I don't think you should be playing video games. Definitely not this one, at least.
>>
>>165227527
Realistically it would make more sense if it was a 3 round burst pistol. Cause it fires 3 consecutive shots that will walk up the target.

But I mean you can come up with a cooler name for a 3 shot shotgun. I love the Mozambest, it's fucking swaggy as shit, it's just the name is just a blatant example of someone not "getting it"
>>
>>165227628
>Try to go head to head with a fully reved up Devotion
>"No real consequences"

top meme
>>
whatcha boys arguing about
>>
>>165227636
>making a reference to something
>get called out for the reference being wrong
>LOL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>165227858
I'm afraid I don't work at Respawn and never made any references to anything, right or wrong. Remove your head from your ass and try again.
>>
>>165227836
It's everyone in the thread telling one guy he's retarded.

He's annoyed that the Mozambique isn't a textbook Mozambique Drill or something
>>
>>165227914
Then don't take it so personally.
>>
>>165227954

what like an actual drill?
>>
>>165227978
I never took anything personally? What are you even talking about?
>>
>>165228017
See
>>165225229

Textbook Mozambique on the second guy
>>
>>165228017
Like the firing pattern of shooting someone twice in the chest and once in the head, even though that's exactly what the Mozambique gun does.

As I said, it's one guy being retarded. Ignore him and pray to our god of speed or something.
>>
>>165227858
>>165227954
Some /k/ommando is pissed that a gun named after a method of dropping coked-up darkies doesn't actually employ said method.
Business as usual.
>>
>>165228114

So its a /k/unt complaining about a video game?

like that never happens
>>
>>165228175
Yeah, that seems to about sum it up. You'd think he'd be more annoyed about something more meaningful, like the fact that despite empty reload animations clearly showing a round being chambered, there's no actual difference in ammo count to reflect that. I know I am.
>>
>>165228141
>even though that's exactly what the Mozambique gun does.

The drill is three distinct actions. The very definition requires three steps. You are wrong and should stop sucking Respawns dick.

>>165228403
We've discussed all the problems to death. I've been on the TF2 hate train since the first Beta that had almost no Titans even falling. It's just another grievance on a long list of complaints, really.
>>
File: catdepressants.png (277KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
catdepressants.png
277KB, 728x522px
gg to the tfg stack on homestead just now. one of you guys blew my legion up with a thunderbolt, dont think thats happened to me in almost 200 hours of play.
>>
>>165228473
>The drill is three distinct actions.
Then why isn't it called the Mozambique Drills?
>>
>>165228175

/k/ fags and video games are the worse
>>
>>165229360
>not knowing what a drill is
>>
>>165228473
>I've been on the TF2 hate train since the first Beta

why are you even in this general then
>>
>>165228473
my friend its just a name in a video game, the relationship doesnt need to be exact. the irl thing is 3 shots, the ingame gun has 3 barrels, thats it.
its just flare and a little tidbit for those who recognize the name
>>
>>165230058
Because I own the game you idiot. I still only bought it once they fixed shit and it was ons sale, so it's value was proportional to it's cost

>Can't be critical of the flaws of something you enjoy
>>
>>165230340
>getting hard anal creamed over semantic naming conventions
>"being critical of flaws"

nice
>>
File: 1431504638663.png (15KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1431504638663.png
15KB, 679x427px
Someone please justify to me why, in a game that prides itself on its unique and cool movement, the developers thought it a good idea to make standing still and ADSing CoD-style arguably the most effective tactic, and even actively encourage this playstyle through certain gameplay mechanics and tactical abilities (A-Wall, Cloak, jump jet visibility)?
>>
>>165230670
Because not everyone can go as fast as you, so Respawn provided some tools that helps close the gap between fasts and slows.
>>
>>165230670

It's not and you're bad.
>>
>>165230670
>make standing still and ADSing CoD-style arguably the most effective tactic
It isn't. Using a carbine from the hip is.

Unless you're playing on a console, then yes, abusing the huge amount of Aim Assist you get when you ADS and using a gun like the Hemlock is the best tactic while everybody runs around on the ground like a Grunt because console thumbsticks can't give you the speed or precision you need to really go fast as the game intends.
>>
>try to rodeo a titan
>can't because it's in an execution animation
I wish I had known about this before I tried it, cost me the match
>>
>>165187465
Battlefield 1942 was when I started to get serious about the fps genre, and I've played at least a thousand hours of every battlefield game since. I wish BF1 wasn't garbage.
>>
File: 1468558858386.gif (3MB, 245x263px) Image search: [Google]
1468558858386.gif
3MB, 245x263px
>bottom of the scoreboard 5 games in a row trying to use softball and wingman elite
>last game because im frustrated and i didn't need this shit right after work
>crash shite
>close titanfall immediately

I should just consider putting up a noose and having it ready 24/7.
>>
>>165231507
>>
>tfw can't git gud with the g2a5
I feel like I can only hit slows with this thing
>>
File: 1386139498849.jpg (394KB, 1250x833px) Image search: [Google]
1386139498849.jpg
394KB, 1250x833px
>Spitfire at 14

I can do this.
>>
File: mastiff-ap-1czd1n-645.jpg (100KB, 645x380px) Image search: [Google]
mastiff-ap-1czd1n-645.jpg
100KB, 645x380px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txeOAGNUcbw
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
>>165231041
>wasting a cluster missle on a titan in an execution animation
>igniting a gas trap on a titan in an execution animation
>new players(always on your team) tunnel vision doomed titan an in execution animation and get themselves killed
>doomed titan you are about to kill through some means escapes death by executing a conveniently nearby friendly doomed titan
>>
File: 1349586973911.jpg (52KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1349586973911.jpg
52KB, 600x535px
>>165232180
>my face whenever I use the shitfire
>>
>>165232798
There is no gun in the game right now that needs a buff more than the Spitfire does. It's pitiful looking at it in this state.
>>
>>165232661
>respawn forces invincibility frames on Titans in executions because they have to have these massive grandiose displays of weeb tier mecha action

Whatever happened to just ripping a pilot out of a fucking cockpit? That was 20x better than all the shit in the game right now
>>
EVA is so fucking easy jesus christ

if you're even mildly aggressive you're a god
>>
>>165233072
The EVA-8 is top tier because its effective range and its lethal range are one and the same. There is no middle ground with it: either you're out of range of it, or you're fucking dead.
>>
>>165233072
this is rule of thumb in general if you're not a slow shitter, especially in the attrition playlist where all the slows hang out
>>
File: noplsyes.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
noplsyes.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>165233015
i do miss those, but i also like some of the new ones, but not many. i like ronin and scorch prime's executions because theyre fairly simple.
slash the titans limbs up and then jam the sword into the pilot.
punch the shit out of the titan and blow it up with fire.

id rather have the old system back though. i could live with the new executions if they were shorter, they cleaned up the animations a bit and changed some of them to not be so flashy. tone's in particular comes to mind as an offender of most of those categories.
>>
Why are there always namefags in generals?
>>
>>165233784

Cause /vg/ is meant to be a bit more civilised than /v/ prime. Eh.
>>
>>165233370
The only thing I dislike about the new executions is how they don't really "jive" with how the Titans move naturally when being played. You go from just kind of walking around and shooting guns and shooting shoulder rockets, to sweep kicking a Titan and jetpacking into the air and shoving your rail gun into the torso while having the most anime tier stance you can have for the action. It's just a subtle disconnect and feels weird.

Then you add on invincibility frames andi t's just weirder.
>>
>>165233784
>why do people want to be identifiable to easily play with one another
too bad that's not the case anymore in neo tfg
>>
Why would anyone use anything but an anti-titan weapon as their secondary?
If you come across a Titan you're fucked.
>>
>>165227683
Autism
>>
>>165234178
yep. i believe respawns reasons were that they wanted the player to be able to see their camos and cosmetics as much as possible. would explain why everything is in 3rd person now
>>
>>165234258
But anon, don't you want to learn the thrill of a good satchel detonation?
>>
>>165210256

I'm on xbox, been experiencing this too. I've even recorded it.

Think it's a server thing. Dunno what's up.
>>
>>165234178
I felt like Scorch's default execution fit him. It's really not that much more flashy than the flame hand is. But I think that could be an exception not the rule.
>>
>>165233875
how do namfags make something more civilised?

>>165234209
why would they keep their name in completely unrelated posts?
>>
>>165234258
for when you run a grenadier weapon and want a pistol for backup
>>
>>165234369
Ion's execution is good, if only because it's smart usage of her kit.
>>
>>165234258
P2016 is the funnest weapon in the game and there's still rodeoing
>>
>>165234270
I can tell you that reason is a lie - it's simply because they'd have to animate and bug test three different "angles" for everything in the game if it stayed in first person

All Pilot executions and Titan terminations have to be visible and aesthetically pleasing from
>the aggressors perspective
>the victims perspective
>any third party observer

By having the camera pull out you only need to animate the third person perspective. They probably also thought stuff like Northstar's sweep kick is just another benefit of it, but they don't realize it's lame and not as cool as ripping a pilot out of their shit and looking them in the face before you kill them all.

>>165234369
>>165234426
They aren't all bad. They are all drawn out but some look fine.
>>
>>165234258
people running grenadier weapons, or a sniper rifle. unless you are very skilled, you are going to be in trouble if a pilot closes the distance and all you have is a kraber. whipping a pistol out at a time like that can save your life.

grenadier builds are pretty self explanatory. grenadier weapons damage titans, no matter where hit. not as much as real anti-titan weapons, but you have infinite ammo to keep firing on them. grenadier weapons are, however, explosive and generally harder to use in close range due to risk to yourself. a pistol helps in this situation.

another situation where a pistol would help both snipers/grenadier weapons is you hit your enemy, run out of ammo and have to reload or you hit them and they have a sliver of HP left. whipping out a pistol instead of reloading and exposing yoursself helps. taking out a pistol instead of trying to finish off the sliver of hp enemy with a hard to hit sniper or grenadier shot is also good, especially if its the wingman elite
>>
>>165234258
because the SMR is literally the best anti-titan weapon
>>
File: mp_grave0007.jpg (225KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mp_grave0007.jpg
225KB, 1600x900px
>>165234624
>>By having the camera pull out you only need to animate the third person perspective
im not a graphics person or animator but ive had situations where the camera bugged out and created what was basically a first person execution, kinda. does that contradict any of your 3 listed reasons? im guessing no? its still the same animation ya?
>>
>>165235261
>its still the same animation ya?

Yes it's different - it's an entirely different perspective in Titanfall 1.

Think about it like this, in TF1 when you necksnap someone not only do they need the third person animation / what your models are doing, but then not only need to have your hands reaching out and interacting with the other character --- and then that character also having their player camera turn around in a certain manner.

It's more involved than that but you essentially have to make sure the experience looks good from all 3 perspectives and bug test each one, whereas TPV cool actions are the exact same animation to all 3 parties (User, Victim, Observer)

If you want a simpler analogy, think about how your gun is modeled and how your character does a reload animation, compared to how you see other pilots do a reload. It's two separate animations entirely.
>>
>>165235626
i understand. thanks for the information
>>
>>165225774

>equip grapple
>win one round for map knowledge and confusion when you jump out of the map boundaries

easiest CTF map ever
>>
File: 1351826953501.jpg (36KB, 240x259px) Image search: [Google]
1351826953501.jpg
36KB, 240x259px
Fucking hate Crash Site
I don't know if it's because I'm shit but no matter if you're on the ground or on the walls this whole map is designed to fuck your ass if you want to do anything but be slow.
>>
>>165195040
T I C K S O U T F O R H A R A M B E
>>
>>165237068
the only thing I like about Crash Site is it kind of is a callback to the Modern Warfare days. You start off with a direct line of combat and pilots can reinforce or hold that line, or parkour the way around it for a hard flank. For that first 60 seconds or so it's very much like old school COD gameplay we all loved back then, before the map turns into "Pilots are fucking everywhere and there is nothing you can do about it" gameplay that Titanfall is

And then the map is just fucking huge like all those flanking routes are a mile out of the way. So once pilots split up they REALLY split up
>>
>>165237068
Some maps are just better for being slow

Try to be flexible
>>
>Everything going well
>lead with about 60 points
>titan phase begins
>enemy team has 4 tones 1 ion and 1 ronin
>lose match

So I should just give in and start playing Tone? I can deal with the OP handguns but 3 tones minimum each match is getting ridiculous
I play Northstar a lot and even at very long range Tone can apply good pressure because of his fucking shield
>>
>>165238095
In the Tone meta you NEED piercing shot. You are just lucky all the other kits are underwhelming and Piercing comes as default.
>>
File: 1188702525292.jpg (62KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1188702525292.jpg
62KB, 600x791px
>>165238095
>mfw kicking the shit out of Tone with Scorch just by abusing dash and counting 40mm shots
>>
>>165237068
Crash Site is my favourite map for going high and raining Cold War on slows
>>
>>165238095
play ion, its overpowered but nobody complains about it, so you dont have to feel bad about using it.
>>
>>165239119
How is ion overpowered?
Aside from the vortex shield glitch I've seen people mention nothing about it seems as overpowering as everything in tone's kit.
>>
>>165239321
laser shot is the best ability in the game homie
>>
>>165239391
Really? It seems okay if you land a crit with it, but it doesn't seems anywhere near as good as tone's homing missile spam.
>>
>>165238245
does piercing shot go through the shield?

>>165238253
I had an easier time with Tone when I still played scorch but I wanted to try something else and Tone seems to have an answer to everything
>>
>>165239119
laser waste half ION energy bar laser needs LOS, lock on do not

Missles waste no energy TONE wins
>>
>>165239462
its like missiles except its instant at any range, can crit, hitscan, and can kill pilots

>>165239579
energy is a non-issue, splitter crits restore it, exiting and re-entering ion refills all of it. like i said people get scared of ion because of the arbitrary energy mechanic and so nobody complains about it.
>>
>>165239474
Yes it goes right through. Spooks the fuck out of Tone and gets him to fuck off.

Keep your distance, count 40mm hits to predict rocket salvos and you should be a Tone hunter.
>>
>>165240431
oooh I feel stupid now
>>
>>165241106
Actually know what, sorry, I might be the stupid one. I feel like I have shot through the wall before, but there are conflicting reports online about whether or not this is true.
>>
>just learned I can do this absurdly obscene bullshit with Tone

Does this Titan have any fucking downsides?

http://imgur.com/upvqJuA
>>
Tell me. I got the game for Christmas. I've done at least 20+ coliseum and have only lost two. The two I lost were close ones 3-2. All the ones I have won have been straight 3-0 wins.

So my question is: Why are people so bad at this game?
>>
>>165241724
>just got back from reddit with the latest popular gif
ftfy
>>
I want to marry Ion!!!
>>
>>165242208
Actually I made it from a Youtube video I watched on Youtube which was, funny enough, calling out how OP Tone is

But what sort of reddit tier respawn dick sucking do you have to engage in to go reply to
>"wow this is a game breaking mechanic and absurd why is this possible"
with
>LOL YOU READ [website]
>>
>>165241724
link to the YT video?
>>
>>165241973
No one uses frags or the EPG. So it's no wonder they would be shit. What level is your EPG?
>>
Evac this way
>>165242885
>>165242885
>>
>>165242825
I've regenerated it already. And I use frags often which no one runs.
>>
File: 1478958091525.png (3KB, 597x493px) Image search: [Google]
1478958091525.png
3KB, 597x493px
>>165242578
Pretty reddit thing to say, sure youre not from there?
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 166

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.