[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's and Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 765
Thread images: 130

File: he does it FOR FREE.jpg (592KB, 800x1249px) Image search: [Google]
he does it FOR FREE.jpg
592KB, 800x1249px
Jailer edition

Cursed >>164997443

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>>>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/Q35HE3X5
>>
>>165049321
It adds more priorities and customization to the game. Maybe some people won't bother upgrading their armor, maybe some people will bother upgrading their armor early and be tankier as a result.

It would also mean you can't just put on whichever armor to put you at 69.9% equip load to minmax whenever you switch out weapons, meaning you have to stick to one trusty suit (or however many you upgrade) more.

Also it would allow them to make armors more powerful because they now require actual investment to reach full power. It is a common complaint that armor is way too weak in DS3 and it'd be a nice way to balance out that issue at the same time

>>165049420
Kill yourself
>>
File: bows.gif (2MB, 320x298px) Image search: [Google]
bows.gif
2MB, 320x298px
>>165049430
>>>>DARK SOULS 2
Oh my god. How did this happen.
>>
File: cutehild.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cutehild.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Kriemhild is cute!
>>
>>165049556
It removes the customization, because after sinking all your mats into weapon and armor you wouldn't have any left to explore other options.
>>
File: vore.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vore.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 1483792406979.jpg (56KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
1483792406979.jpg
56KB, 500x686px
haven't touched the game since ~2 weeks after dlc release
is the PvP any better now?
>>
Does Siegward not show up in the well if you beat the Abyss Watchers first?
>>
>>165049670
Why is this so arousing?
>>
File: hand vore.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
hand vore.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>165049670
>>
>>165049670
How is one supposed to survive after being digested and spat out?
Why would a monster eat someone only to spit them out?
>>
>>165049653
But that's a form of customization. You could upgrade a suit of armor or you could upgrade 4 other weapons.

Maybe you think it's more important to have a +10 falchion, +10 zweihander and a +10 buckler. So you upgrade those instead of just the zweihander and a set of knight armor.

Then there's some armors that are pretty good unupgraded, just like there's weapons that work better at low upgrade levels than others.
>>
>>165049690
I'm sure he does, I completely missed the Catedral in my 1st playthrough and reached Irythill before goind there but I still completed his questline.
>>
>>165049825
>How is one supposed to survive after being digested and spat out?
Not enough time to get difested.
>Why would a monster eat someone only to spit them out?
Gag reflexes or someone punching your stomach from the inside.
>>
>>165049689
Its bretty gud, poise is more inportant than before.
>>
File: ebri vore.webm (2MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
ebri vore.webm
2MB, 848x480px
>>165049825

I wonder if they have a different animation if it kills you.
>>
>>165049892
>You could upgrade a suit of armor or you could upgrade 4 other weapons.
Then you come back to the initial argument of upgrades influencing matchmaking, which you clearly forgot given your attention span of a six year old.
>>
>>165049987
it was already useful back then, but it didn't make the PvP significantly better
are curved greatswords and ultras viable now?
>>
>>165049992
Maybe if you actually explained why you think this isn't agreeable with upgrade-based matchmaking I could understand your point better
>>
>>165049758
>he doesn't know he has a vore fetish
>>
>>165050074
They always were viable. Their one of the more easier weapon classes. But maybe I'm just fighting retards.
>>
>>165049556
If I upgrade a claymore, a longsword and battle axe my experience will have far more variety and gameplay choices than the guy who upgraded only one sword and two armor sets(and armor has 4 slots, making it consume more titanite).
At high SLs (anything past 70) it'd be completely irrelevant to players besides being a bigger time sink without letting them spend time pvping or cooping.
At lower SLs, weapon upgrades have always been more relevant and assuming the amount of titanite you get was increased, you'd still always go weapons > armor.
And it'd not add tankyness either, but reduce it. Current armor is at full power, full black iron defenses that you get now would remain unchanged and what you get at maxed and the +0-+4 versions would be weaker.
Armor is weak in 3 to promote less minmaxing(and if you minmax armor you still get 1-2 more hits from anything up to Halberds) which is something I find good and I see less sunset/dragonslayer combos than I see family masks and anus helms at every SL
>>
>>165050257
you probably are, anybody with half a brain can render these weapons utterly useless
>>
>>165050401
in 1v1's, maybe. In gank scenarios where they don't have FF they're pretty nightmarish, though.
>>
>>165050332
>If I upgrade a claymore, a longsword and battle axe my experience will have far more variety and gameplay choices than the guy who upgraded only one sword and two armor sets(and armor has 4 slots, making it consume more titanite).
Correct, but you'll also be wearing worse armor. It adds a choice you can make and getting to make choices is generally pretty cool.

>At high SLs (anything past 70) it'd be completely irrelevant to players besides being a bigger time sink without letting them spend time pvping or cooping.
Farming mats to upgrade anything is a timesink, not just armor. That's not an argument.

>At lower SLs, weapon upgrades have always been more relevant and assuming the amount of titanite you get was increased, you'd still always go weapons > armor.
Sure I guess, but it adds a choice to upgrade armor if you already know you're going to use it and you don't want to upgrade any more weapons.
So if your weapon is at like +6 or whatever and you're out of large tits, you could start upgrading your armor with small titanite. Or you could start upgrading another weapon you might like.
It adds a choice.

>And it'd not add tankyness either, but reduce it. Current armor is at full power, full black iron defenses that you get now would remain unchanged and what you get at maxed and the +0-+4 versions would be weaker.
That's the point. There'd be incentive to actually upgrade armor if you want defense. That way you can't just slap on the heaviest armor in your inventory right now and get optimal defense, just like it was in the previous games.

>Armor is weak in 3 to promote less minmaxing
Exact opposite
Armor is weak in 3 to encourage minmaxing because now vitality is a near useless stat that you can basically ignore. Adding another dump stat that non-minmaxing players will definitely level (cause for an example, they want to wear full gundyrs because they think it's cool) means that minmaxers get a much bigger advantage.
>>
SL 120 would be a good level to boss invade all bosses, right?
>>
File: Hammers are balanced.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Hammers are balanced.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>165049430

Post webms you filthy degenerates.
>>
>>165049580
bleed gem removes a ton of damage as well as makes the weapon unbuffable for a slight increase in bleed buildup
>>
>>165050712
I mean, any weapon that wins HA trades could've killed these retards.

That's just how it goes when you fight tards who just run up to you and mash r1 because "lol it's 3v1 we can't lose"
>>
Could someone drop me a gargoyle flame spear ? Bone fire is cleansing chapl, on pc and the password being dsg

Also is there any news about the next dlc? Or any upcoming updates? I haven't check anything Dark Souls 3 related for quite some times
>>
File: 暗殺.webm (3MB, 924x520px) Image search: [Google]
暗殺.webm
3MB, 924x520px
>>165050712
>>
>>165050646
>upgrading armor
>in roll souls 3
Just give up.
>>
>>165050646
>1
or you could just remove armor upgrades and let the players upgrade weapons they want without leaving them underpowered
>2
having to farm mats for armor and weapons is a 5 times bigger timesink than farming just for weapons, stop being retarded
i'm not going to read the rest
>>
>>165050842

Eh... poise values usually deal with just tanking through a single R1 of a weapon, not 2 or 3 people swinging on you at once. Perseverance effectively gives you infinite poise though, you could have 4 people swinging on you with ultra weapons and still not stagger. It's to the point where I don't even think I should bother poisestacking with the mace anymore, just get decent defensive stats since most of the time I'm just abusing perseverance to trade with gank squads. It also gives you a huge absorption boost.
>>
File: andre.png (2MB, 934x916px) Image search: [Google]
andre.png
2MB, 934x916px
>>165049556
I think armor and weapons should have upgrade trees and you could select an upgrade tree that would improve mobility / physical protection / elemental protection and for example if you chose to increase physical protection it would put more weight on the armor and impact stamina management. Similarly upgrading mobility would shave off some weight but impact protection values.

I also think durability should come back in the DS1 / BB style, but durability damage and repair cost should go up the more the armor is upgraded so getting your shit broken in the higher tiers would be more of a problem than in the earlygame and repairs of upgraded weapons / armor should also cost standard titanite equivalent instead of just souls and more per the upgrade level of the weapon / armor starting from +3 upwards or something.
>>
>>165050931
>Phantom keeps attacking the invader even afer he kills the host
Everytime.
What's the purpose? Everything about that makes you look like a sore loser.
>>
>>165049758
>he acquires new fetish
+1 insight
>>
>>165051104
>everyone should just go afk or use cancer emotes after the host is killed because i said so or they are a sore loser
>>
>>165050646
Except it's a bad choice since upgrading weapons in the other games always is better than armor. The only exceptions are PvP players who either twink and don't worry about limited titanite or who fight at high SLs where you have plenty of titanite.
Farming for armor and weapons adds a significant time sink since you can no longer farm slabs and would need at least 4, assuming you neber changed armor.
It adds no choice since the way DaS 3 works is: you always get an infinite supply of a select titanite shortly after you start being able to find scraps of the next level.
You'd +6 a weapon and then every single piece you'd want to use could be +3 since small shards are endless once you start finding large.

But I will, if I'm dedicatting myself to it, my +0 armor with +6 weapons will always be better than +4 weapons with +4 armor, it's only an advantage to get armor upgraded if you can no longer upgrade weapons. Havel's can't even be upgraded in 1.

Survivability in 3 is something you don't need to minmax for. Vig's returns are greater than ever, 27 at lower and 36 at higher SLs fit any build and have far more players naturally going for them, you hardly find players anywhere with less than 1k HP except for gimmick builds. Make armor matter and everyone starts dressing the same
>>
Do I go 40/40 with Propaned Greatsword?
>>
>>165050962
>or you could just remove armor upgrades and let the players upgrade weapons they want without leaving them underpowered
Yeah, you could just remove the choice in the matter. Correct. Literally what I just explained, though.
>having to farm mats for armor and weapons is a 5 times bigger timesink than farming just for weapons, stop being retarded
No, it's not. Farming for 4 weapons takes as long as farming for a suit of armor.
>i'm not going to read the rest
Thanks, you weren't making any arguments anyways

>>165051058
Yeah I guess they could overhaul the concept entirely. Especially in DS3 where rolling is so stupid strong they could've done a lot more with armor to have some sort of impact.
They did kind of fuck up durability. I hated the DS2 system but the DS1 system was completely fine and actually mattered sometimes. DS3 has no reason to even have durability. The only reason it's still in is because of that one spell that destroys it.
>>
>>165051179
but they gain nothing out of it, just show butthurt they are
>>
>>165051179
>strawman
Why not use an appropiate gesture like collapse or prayer? Or taunt the invader somehow, throw him something. Or even praise it if you want.

I can only see everyone who keeps attacking as
>REEEEEE
>YOU WON DESPITE BEING OUTNUMBERED
>BUT I'M STILL BETTER, LET ME HAVE MY VICTORY AND KILL YOU EVEN IF YOU DON'T CARE
>>
File: Reinforced Club.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Reinforced Club.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>165050712

Hammers you say?
>>
>>165051319
it's a DaS3 weapon, of course you do
>>
>>165050712
>>165051104
It makes me smug when they try to kill me. Sometimes it happens but I don't want them to have that satisfaction so when I'm sent back to my world knowing at least one or more people had their jimmies rustled. If they d/c me even better.
>>165051179
>everyone should just go afk or use cancer emotes after the host is killed because i said
He implied none of that. When the host is dead, attacking the invader like you're trying to grasp a draw or victory under a few seconds sounds inevitable.
>>
>>165051104

idk, makes them feel better i guess? same question could be asked of why people pull the plug or alt+f4 after you kill them in a riposte. i guess they don't realize i'm not doing this for the covenant rewards or the embers, but for the experience of fucking with people against their will, and pulling the plug is the most gratifying thing i can achieve since i know it means they're ragequitting and i caused that.

like, i guess they think if they kill you they "won" or something, in some weird way.
>>
>>165049690
He does. Just make sure the big main doors to the cathedral are open
>>
>>165051179
>taking the loss with dignity is now a bad thing

Only in /dsg/
>>
>>165051376
>kill an afk host with 1 (one) phantom out of engaging range
>YOU WON DESPITE BEING OUTNUMBERED
>>
>>165051423
>going things that don't even matter after the host is dead makes you a butthurt casual and is equal to pulling the plug
only on /dsg/
>>
>>165051104
Makes you drop your bloodstain if they kill fast enough
>>
>>165051438
>afk
>We see him lit the bonfire at the beggining and moving after the backstab
They got tricked, which I think still counts and he was outnumbered, he just didn't give them a chance to take advantage of it.

>>165051396
Basically, what I thought, kek.
>>
File: 1480570227527.jpg (68KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1480570227527.jpg
68KB, 600x635px
>>165051438
You sound unreasonably triggered. Does it make you mad that people out there win against ganks in the most gank supporting game?
>>
>>165051179
>or use cancer emotes

Hey...

Is this who I think it is?
>>
>>165051319
I play it with 30/23 and it still blows people up.
>>
>>165051313
>Except it's a bad choice since upgrading weapons in the other games always is better than armor.
It's literally what I just said though. It forces you to make a choice between armor and weapons. Most people are going to upgrade weapons, then armor. You can do the opposite though and it makes for an interesting build.

>Farming for armor and weapons adds a significant time sink since you can no longer farm slabs and would need at least 4
Limited slabs was a mistake anyways. Even then, assuming armor upgrading was in there would be roughly 4x more slabs in each playthrough.
Or maybe just don't make armors consume slabs. Don't be so damn static when it comes to game design, there is no reason they can't adjust things like this, just like they were perfectly balanced out in previous games.

>It adds no choice since the way DaS 3 works is: you always get an infinite supply of a select titanite shortly after you start being able to find scraps of the next level.
That's not really true. By the time you got some large titanite, regular titanite still isn't being thrown after you. Only by the time you start gettign chunks you suddenly get showered in titanite.

>You'd +6 a weapon and then every single piece you'd want to use could be +3
Again, chunks. Titanite is still limited before chunks.
Or you could upgrade another weapon or a shield to +3 (or so) instead of your armor.

>But I will, if I'm dedicatting myself to it, my +0 armor with +6 weapons will always be better than +4 weapons with +4 armor,
That's not a direct comparison you can make. It depends on your build. Many builds would be better with some good defenses ontop of their +4 weapon than just a +6 weapon, especially if armor actually mattered.

>Survivability in 3 is something you don't need to minmax for.
Except you're doing it right now. No vit and leveling vigor instead is quite literally what minmaxing refers to. Min vit, max vigor.
>>
>>165051605
Meant to quote >>165051406
>>
>>165051396
What's your build like? I'm loving these webms and want to do something similiar.

Is there a reason you use crow quills over a dagger or something?
>>
The Irythil Dungeon Skip makes the level 20x better.
>>
>>165051695
Do you run Att to tumblebuff the item, or don't I need to?
>>
File: parias.png (56KB, 393x551px) Image search: [Google]
parias.png
56KB, 393x551px
how can I cosplay this rad motherfucker in ds3
anything better than milwood helm + cr8's everything else?
what weapon? morning star or ordinary mace?
morning star has the spikes, but mace is closer when it comes to shape
>>
>>165051776

I'm not even that guy but obviously just a pure dex build with untrue white ring and hidden body (15 INT) to make yourself look like those ghosts you see of other players sometimes but can't interact with to trick people, then just using crow quills to backstab unwitting hosts.

biggest problem i see is that sometimes he isn't 1-shotting hosts, might want to go with something like yhorms or DSGA instead.
>>
wats the bess wepon to kill bad guys
>>
File: collateral damage.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
collateral damage.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>165050712
>>165051776
>dex build with emphasis on cloak-and-dagger equipment/spells
>under sl 80 to avoid meta range
>crow quills, sellswords and talons
>quills for riposte and probably the best thrusting sword
Basic build here https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/125154
I'm still tinkering around since I only made it right before new years.
>>
>>165051661
I ban him, I ban him
>>
>>165051919
Wouldn't sellsword armor match better?
>>
>>165051335
They have a new Soulsborne i.p coming up and I really hope they will take the chance to overhaul some systems that they didn't manage to flesh out enough in the current games.

Armor needs a big overhaul and should have more considerations than just light / medium / heavy and different damage types should vary accordingly.

For example, metal armor should naturally have very good protection against slashing, but less so against piercing and especially blunt, but weak to lightning as an element.

If you would go and upgrade the metal armor's physical properties, the physical protections get better, but the elemental resistances get weakened and the armor will weigh more. Or you can go and upgrade the elemental protections but it will have the effect of the physical elements being weakened.

Weapons need an overhaul too. I think that when it comes to damage against armor, I think that the bonus damage of weapons against a certain type of armor should come from the weapon's scaling, so for example a hammer with good scaling in strength would mean that the amount of extra damage it does against armor that's weak to blunt damage depends on the scaling stats instead of the weapon itself doing innate horrid amounts of damage against the armor with just the base stats to wield it.

So for example a scimitar with an A/S scaling in DEX will rend light armors apart with the slashing type of damage, but only if the wielder has enough dex to properly make the slashing damage scale, otherwise it will be slightly better against light armors than say, a longsword, but not that much.

Infusions should also matter by damage type, so for example heavy infusion would have a more pronounced effect on the blunt damage on the weapon, but increase the weight and the stamina cost of the weapon.

Sharp would increase the slashing damage / bleed effect but make the durability distinctively lower.
>>
>>165051998
At what level do you leave your weapons for this?
SL80 invasions seem the most interesting to me due to the zones in that level area, but I havent made a character specifically for that yet. Do you recommend staying at +6 or going straight to +10? Or maybe something inbetween to catch +6 people?
>>
>>165052067
just the cape
it has no chainmail and an exposed arm
>>
>>165051969
dank sord
>>
File: yukas5.jpg (26KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
yukas5.jpg
26KB, 480x720px
>>165051661
>>
>>165051698
It makes an inferior build. It's not tanky or anything, armor upgrades at best cut off 1-2 hits while forcing you to use 1-2 more attacks to kill, almost always a downgrade.

Armor upgrades used slabs before, you know quite well that'd be the case. It's a big reason why twinkling/unupgradable armor was so much more popular.

You get your first few large shards by farron/cotd, by when you can buy infinite shards. You get your chunks by anor londo/dungeon, when you unlock infinite large ones to buy. You get infinite chunks around when you find your first slabs.

Not really, it's one of the reasons you don't find non twinks woth upgraded armor, it's just inferior to weapons

I'm not going max vig though, 27 early vig and 35 late are usable and something even non minmaxed builds get, I have 10 vit points so I can fashion how I want and still have enough vig. You need to go out of your way to fuck up survivability in 3
>>
>>165052091
I went for 10+ and occasionally get invasions every 1-3 minutes. You should experiment and start with 6+ and go a level higher to get a feel of your invasion range since it's different for everyone. Starting area you can use the regular cheese (darkhand or DSA) if you want to speed through asap or sellswords throughout the whole journey.
>>
>>165052151
You will get exposed arms on creighton armor too. Outside it's set there are like 3 pieces covering them and 2 are plain cloth
>>
>>165052285
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind
>>
>>165051854
With WA it gets more than 600AR and I run it on poise build to never get staggered by other ultras
>>
>>165052323
I'm pretty sure cr8 gloves cover your arms
I'll miss out on the leather gloves, but I guess that's more important
>>
>>165052482
Thats what I was saying or trying to say. You can try undead legion gloves, they cover arms pretty nicely.
>>
>>165051179
>>165051661

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zBa1_-YOPk
>>
>>165052752
why would anyone watch that retarded chink lmao
>>
>Favourite boss
>Favourite fight
>Favourite area
>Favourite theme
>Favourite weapon
>Favourite game

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff
Da Champ
Drangleic Castle
Lady Maria
Dark Knight Sword
Dark Souls

Your turn.
>>
Is 26 Poise good enough?
>>
>>165052983
depends on the weapon
>>
>>165052983
Which game and enough to poise through what?
>>
>>165053031
>>165053036
Profaned Greatsword to poise through straight sword spam
>>
>>165052983
it's good enough for something. i don't know if that something is your weapon vs the weapon you want to tank
>>
File: 1483839308656.png (291KB, 691x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483839308656.png
291KB, 691x576px
>>165052639
I feel pretty stupid for disregarding 50% of your post
>>
>>165052438
>>165052285
>>165052091

Generally people go SL70 +8 which is at the edge of where you start bleeding into meta super cancer, but you can invade the end game areas. Personally I prefer topping off at SL55 +6 myself.
>>
>wake up
>no /dsg/ bf to bang my bucci
>>
>>165053058
You can have 0 poise to tank through that with ugs
>>
File: Great Club Meta.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Great Club Meta.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Who >Church of the Great Club
here?
>>
>>165053301
What SL and upgrade level is that at?
>>
>>165053257
I can be your bf if you let me pd :^)
>>
>>165053301
unfortunately, once people know how to deal with it it becomes practically useless
>>
>>165053257
Dumb chinese cartoon poster, nobody will ever smash your boypussy
>>
>>165053257

The worst feel, but I'll get over it.
>>
Playing Dark Souls 3 on PC with a PS4 controller and the screen shakes like crazy when I move the camera. Has this happened to anyone else?
>>
>>165052928
>favorite area
>Drangleic Castle
Fucking why?
The level design is probably the shittiest in the series and the best castle level in the game is Eleum Loyce, even Fofg has better level design than Drangleic Castle.

>Favourite boss
Champ
>Favourite fight
Homoprinces bridge.
>Favourite area
Cathedral of the Deep
>Favourite theme
One who craves souls
>Favourite weapon
Hunter Axe
>Favourite game
Dark Souls 1
>>
>>165051423
>losing with dignity

There is no dignity in losing, only losers who try and play it off like it doesnt matter that they lost.
>>
>>165053257
>middle of the day
>no /dsg/ gf whose pussy to smash
>>
>>165054145
>best castle level in the game is Eleum Loyce
it's not a castle level, castle itself is like one big room, the rest is a bit of city and its walls
>>
>>165054143 here
Anyone? Every other game works fine. It only happens on DS3.
>>
File: 20160815214520_1.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160815214520_1.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
post artificial difficulty bullshit
>>
So, what password everybody's on? Is playing with reddit worth it?
>>
Does using black separation crystal give penalty?

I've been summoned twice to a bossfight I can't enter, and don't want to leech souls, so I've just left.
>>
>arena is filled with passive reactive greatsword users
Wew lad, arenas always attract tryhard cancer.
>>
>>165054603
No, it just annoys people, which is what the flavor text is talking about.
>>
>>165054603
No, but invaders used to be able to fuck over blues really hard with it, iirc.
>>
>>165051919
>Silver Knight Helm
>Lothric Armor/Sellsword Armor
>Mirrah Gloves
>Herald Trousers

That's the closest I can think of. Beware of using Lothric armor, though. It exposes your neck with Silver Knight helm, I think.
>>
>>165054462
Are you using the sony's dongle or what?
>>
>>165053580
P-post your bf look
>>
What's the best level to stop at in SotFS?

I'm at 50 right now.

and where the fuck is the ring that stops soul memery
>>
>>165054931
Nope, just the USB cable.
>>
>>165054513
Fuck, I lost
>>
>>165054974
Ring is sold by Straid.

Level stops are usually 150, 200, or 250 for pvp, which corresponds to about 3m, 5m, and 9m soul memory.

Co-op has no level stop because people always collect souls from bosses.
>>
>>165054997
Whats your job?
>>
GUYS QUICK
What happens if I hit Frampt?
>>
>>165054997
>wake up
>can't go to work because nobody is hiring

I'm getting tired of being a poorfag
>>
>>165054670
annoy people, more than not being able to enter the boss fight?
>>
>>165055003
Did you try using the unofficial drivers like ds4windows?
>>
>>165055257
he wakes up.
>>
>>165055003 here
I fixed it. Changing 'Joystick Mouse' to 'Joystick Move' in the Steam configuration thing stopped the shaking.
>>
>>165055262
A lot of people just think you are trolling.
>>
>>165054952
I'm on mobile and have no pictures on it.
>>
>>165055132
I can get 200, since a lot of people finish the game above 150 and go to the next milestone for pvp, but 250? That's just retarded.
>>
>>165055261
but did you try not being poor?
>>
>>165055408
>phoneposting
>>
>>165055397
that's retarded, that bug is fairly common.
>>
>>165055242
Looking at numbers all day at a financial company never thought I'll say this but the neet life seems more appealing
>>
>>165055562
Sure, if you follow the game or co-op constantly, but most people summoning help, don't.
>>
>>165055376
Oh yeah camera might be wonky since from doesn't really care about kb+m players
>>
>>165055554
Yeah, clover works great and I can post from bed. What's not to love?
>>
>>165055686
>guy talks about controller issues for 5 posts
>from doesn't really care about kb+m players
sorry what
>>
File: 20170109153547_1.jpg (172KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170109153547_1.jpg
172KB, 1680x1050px
Last thing to do before NG, wish me luck /dsg/
>>
File: 1467362167818.jpg (262KB, 800x730px) Image search: [Google]
1467362167818.jpg
262KB, 800x730px
>>165054873
how have I never thought about the silver knight helmet
bless you anon
>>
File: 20170109153933_1.jpg (414KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170109153933_1.jpg
414KB, 1680x1050px
>>165055874
Just died on the boss in two seconds flat, rolled to dodge one paw swipe straight into another, this is going to be fun?
>>
>>165056006
DLC optional areas are meant for co-op, I'd recommend summoning other players.
>>
>>165055841
He bound mouse movement to analog stick and it's known that mouse controls are trash in these games.
>>
>>165056079
I did wait around for a few mins to see if any signs other than phantoms showed but they didnt.
>>
>>165056145
Then ask for help here or in the Steam forums.
>>
>>165056145
Summon NPCs then. They make bosses pretty easy since they can always tank one cat with their massive health pools.
>>
>>165056145
SL/SM SotFS?
>>
>>165055469
DS2 has softcaps at 50 and 60 for most stats. To do a 60/60 quality (or infused) build and still have decent health/stamina/defense you need around 250 SL.
>>
>>165056420
It's 40 and 50, and then 80, not 60.
>>
Why do they insist on making the crows so fucking annoying?
>>
>>165056006
Lud and zallen are "weak" to fire because it's their lowest resistance, but all DLC bosses have >400 elemental resistances in all 4 categories. You need flame weapon to at least keep up with physical damage weapons.

You're better off staying pure physical for Lud and Zallen.
>>
>>165056098
>it's known that mouse controls are trash
What? The only mouse control here is moving the camera, and it's the exast same as any other game.
>>
File: 1372326179429.png (164KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1372326179429.png
164KB, 500x446px
Anybody still playing DS2?
>>
>>165056520
Which ones? Corvians? Crow Demons? Trader crows?
>>
>>165056627
Then try moving the camera with mouse in fromsoft game. It's jumping, clunky mess.
>>
Whatever happened to the discord?
>>
>>165057070
They decided the thread was cancer and separated themselves.
>>
>>165056947
yes.
>>
>>165057003
I've been moving the camera with my mouse for 2 souls games, thanks. I honestly don't see your problem.
>>
>>165056743
I only have DS1 but I want to play DS2 badly before I finish 1 because I love the enemy design from watching LPs.
>>
I cant take this rng drop rate shit any more its like i am playing a korean mmo, should i use the 100% drop rate online or offline? if its supposedly undetectable then online would be the safe way right?
>>
>>165057592
No you don't
>>
>>165056494
>>165056420
>>165055469

The only softcaps (for attack) are at 40 and 80. Everywhere else you either keep gaining the same, or more, by leveling up.

For high level pvp, the minimum SL recommended is 155 SL.
>50 vig
>40 end
>14 vit (Flynn's)
>16 attunement (3 slots minimum)
>15 str/dex/int/fth (for defense and equipment)
>28 Adpt (105 agility)

SL 150 requires you to lose something important in order to use a weapon or spell type.
SL 200 lets you pick only one weapon or spell type, and focus around that, or 2 types (hexes, infusion, etc.) and lose something else.
SL 250 lets you pick 2 weapon or spell types, and focus around that without sacrificing anything.

It gets silly around SL 300+ because then you can run at full 50/50 on a quality weapon, and still have top tier spells availalbe without sacrificing anything.
>>
>>165056743
I do. Just yesterday i got constant summons on arena and it weren't giving me same opponents over and over. And when i used CREO i invaded instantly.
>>
>>165057875
What are you farming? Concords?
>>
File: ds2 softcaps.png (12KB, 995x371px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 softcaps.png
12KB, 995x371px
>>165057967
>>165056494
>>165056420 (You)
>>165055469

whoops, forgot to add the picture
>>
>>165057993
PC or PS4?
>>
>>165057967
You get 30 attack bonus going from 30 to 40, 15 from 40 to 50, 7 and 8 from 50 to 60 and from 60 to 70 and 15 from 70 to 80.
>>
>>165058104
No a simple fucking refined gem and i am having the worst luck, i just want to make my new weapon and play the fucking game already, i wasted half my day with this shit.
>>
>>165056743

I wish I could.-
>>
>>165058338
I could drop you infused weapon if PC
>>
>>165057202

What does that mean?
>>
>>165058193
PC
>>
>>165058104
Not him but I tried to farm concords.

Apparently I have to kill like 800 silver knight just to get 30 concords.
>>
>>165058591
Or if you're lucky enough to get a concord well kept from summoning you can just dupe it with tumblebuff glitch.
>>
>>165058694
Holy shit, I never even considered that
>>
File: 1469395434242.jpg (120KB, 558x752px) Image search: [Google]
1469395434242.jpg
120KB, 558x752px
Which is faster, propaned sword or black knight greataxe ?
>>
>>165058426
I am PC obviously, but isn't the script safe? if it is it sounds less bothersome, but i don't know if i should use it online or offline, since i think if you get items offline and then go online it might soft ban you? i don't really know i haven't been here since release months.
>>
>>165058758
I never used CE in DaS3 so I don't know what's safe to do. I proposed that because I have plenty of crafting materials and pretty much every weapon anyway and it's literally the safest thing to do.
>>
>>165059000
I didn't want to waste others time for something like this but if you don't mind i need a refined carthus curved sword, no idea about how to meet up and things like that i haven played since release.
>>
File: paladin.png (521KB, 1042x940px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.png
521KB, 1042x940px
rate my paladin
>>
I used the Thief starting class for my luck build.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>165059285
whoops, I meant Saint's Trousers, not black boots.
>>
>>165059285
>50 faith but non-scaling miracles
>using an anvil on a stick
???/10
>>
>>165059000
>>165059215
Also, if you decide to do it, i am low lvl so don't enchant it as well.
>>
>>165059457
Gyrm great hammer is lightning infused.

Also SLB+GMB scale by how long they last
>>
>>165059398

Most Hollow/Luck/Bleed weapons require only dex, in which case Thief is the optimal class. If you also need Str I think Warrior is the best.
>>
Can a bro help me out with nameless king? PC password dsg let me know if u put ur sign down

I'm at the Great Belfry bonfire :^)
>>
>>165059506
Yeah I have one at +0. I've put my sign at High Wall bonfire pass dsg you enter password in options at network tab, password matching thing
>>
>>165059829
Never mind got summons
>>
>>165059860
Ok hold on
>>
>>165059860
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1482961583805.png (29KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1482961583805.png
29KB, 128x128px
>>165060191
No problem my man. nice dank sword btw
>>
>>165058193
>>165057993
>>165056743

DS2 is probably revitalized right now because of the Lobro dark souls 2 run and the steam sale. Even vanilla DaS2 has a surge of activity it looks like.
>>
File: can't see shit.jpg (79KB, 596x517px) Image search: [Google]
can't see shit.jpg
79KB, 596x517px
Hey /dsg/. I was messing around with graphics and ENBs in dark souls 2 and suddenly everything is so dark even after I uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried it a couple times too. Here's an example, pic related.

can you help me figure out what happened? I'm playing SOFTS if that helps, I thought buying it would fix the issue.
>>
>>165060336
T-thanks, i played with it a bit but now i came back and wanted a bleeding build since it looks more satisfying for pve.
It also seems that now the bug to kill dancer early doesn't work right? if so i am glad i kept my low lvl dancer cosplaying invasion character.
>>
>>165060557
Yeah, they fixed cheesing Dancer with Sword Master a while ago.
>>
Storm Curved Sword, or Pontiff Knight Curved Sword?
>>
Where is DS 4 or BB 2? I'm tired of this shit game.
>>
>>165060986
storm
>>
>>165060986
Pontiff does slightly more damage and looks better
>>
File: 20170109152539_1.jpg (169KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170109152539_1.jpg
169KB, 1680x1050px
>>165056619
Oh thanks, ill use my zwei i guess only physical one i have apart from my estoc.
>>
>>165061054
Spoiler: it's gonna be Taquera-Haram Souls
>>
Is Dark Souls 3 fucking dead on ps4 in the EU or what?
I see no summon signs at fucking all, and have only been invaded in the woods 2 time, otherwise Ive had NO invaders whatsoever
>>
>>165059285
>engraved gauntlets
shit
>>
>>165061054
I feel ya. I'm really looking forward to From's next project.

Not out of excitement or curiosity, I just want ditch this shit game.
>>
What is "The Deep"?
The best guess I can think of is some weird Kos tie in.
>>
>>165062696
yes

pc is active as fuck
>>
>>165062872

another term for the abyss i imagine
>>
>>165062872
A corruption of the dark, probably. Kinda like chaos is a corruption of light/flame.
>>
Starting to think that this game is slightly imbalanced towards invaders.

I mean, the moment you invade someone, they have two phantoms trailing on them, what's the point?
>>
>>165062872
Another vague term to make people think the lore is deep.
>>
>>165060458
When vanilla surges you know that these are people who never would have bought the game without the sale.
>>
File: 20160614214605_1.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160614214605_1.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>not being a fully clothed super edgy looking raising in Dark Souls 3
>>
>>165063251
nothing wrong with mulitple phantoms. the only imbalance is hosts who are practicly untouchable, while rolling away, resummoning, and seeds.
>>
>>165062710
Aren't engraved gauntlets really popular in meta for the random damage boosts you get?
>>
>>165063378
You look like a clown.
>>
>>165063458
Roll is a problem with 3 as a whole. Free rolls for PvE and any kind of PvP. Doesn't matter which side you're on.
>>
>>165062872
You'd have to ask Memezaki, since it's one of those things that is never explained at all. It's either the abyss, or a form of the abyss, or something entirely unrelated to the abyss. Pick the one you like and upload your lore analysis to youtube.
>>
>>165063503
Your mom looks like a clown
>>
>>165063492
is it a paladin build or a faggot build, anon?
and no, they aren't
>>
File: 20170108151618_1.jpg (222KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
20170108151618_1.jpg
222KB, 1680x945px
>>165063674
try me faggot
>>
>>165062696
REEEEEE PLS RESPOND
>>
File: 20160602234817_1.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160602234817_1.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
>>165063830
I'm coming u nig
>>
>>165063604
>>165062872

>what is "The Deep"?

Whatever Bandai Namco translators thought sounded edgy enough.
>>
File: 1475804210595.png (2MB, 896x1848px) Image search: [Google]
1475804210595.png
2MB, 896x1848px
>>165062872
>The best guess I can think of is some weird Kos tie in.
You are perfectly 100% right, this is the official and intended lore.
>>
>>165062365

>summoning on your first playthrough in any souls game ever

Have fun with feeling no sense of accomplishment at all.
>>
>>165064551
I bet you never tried playing games harder than souls
>>
>>165064306
This is Evangelion levels of dumb fuckery
>>
>>165063987
nigga what the fuck are these stats
>>
DLC trailer on jan. 27
>>
>>165064306
>>165064656
The question you should be asking is: is Dark Souls simply a twisted layer of the Dreamscape, or is Bloodborne just an age of extra-corrupted Dark, where Pontiff/Aldrich have ascended and became Oedon, while their miscreations evolved and became other Great Ones? Keep in mind that Aldrich canonically has direct powers over dreams.
>>
File: 20170109175658_1.jpg (149KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170109175658_1.jpg
149KB, 1680x1050px
>>165062365
I did it!! thanks for the tip with the zwei whoever although it broke abit before i defeated them and had to resort to pitiful arrow damage.
>>
>>165064867
A mess because I fucking suck at doing this shit until I hit the 120 goal
>>
File: 20170109195652_1.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170109195652_1.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
This is the scariest fucking thing I've have ever seen in my life.
>>
File: 1477504136283.png (586KB, 1680x944px) Image search: [Google]
1477504136283.png
586KB, 1680x944px
>>165065191
spoop
>>
>>165065191
>uninfused weapon
>those fucking tiny ass hp/stam/fp bars

Nigga where the fuck are your levels
>>
>>165065102

>I

*we
>>
>>165065057
>age of extra corrupted dark
>implying that isn't the age of deep waters
>>
File: 374320_20170103190821_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170103190821_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>165063378

>not wearing comfy robes
>>
>>165062872
>>165064306
Kosm Covenant when?
>>
>>165065852
very nice looking sorcerer, how does he look without the hood?
>>
File: 20160615004249_1.jpg (341KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160615004249_1.jpg
341KB, 1920x1080px
>>165065852
>implying no comfy
>>
Oh great, and now there are wheel skeletons.
>>
File: really pan.png (123KB, 305x376px) Image search: [Google]
really pan.png
123KB, 305x376px
>>165066153
>mfw the only wheel skeletons in DaS2 are a fucking joke

There's a fucking difference between bullshit and ridiculous Memezaki, christ.
>>
>>165065405
I didnt summon any other players they were phantoms.
>>
File: 374320_20170109131448_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170109131448_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>165065937
>>
>>165066369
thanks, looks great.
>>
>>165066287
They are even worse in DS3.
>>
>>165066563
Worse how? Even easier, or even more bullshit?
>>
I keep hearing stuff about Vordt being a girl, is this true?
>>
>>165066740
Yeah, she thicc
>>
File: 1439688218878.png (847KB, 1097x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1439688218878.png
847KB, 1097x1061px
>>165065852
nice dress faggot you get that from your sister?
>>
>>165066740
Not "true", but not false either. It's a possibility, and one I'm willing to bet on since we know that the outrider knights accept female recruits.
>>
>>165066671
Easier.
>>
>>165067052
Jesus christ

What do they do, sit there doing fuckall while you hit them once and then they die?
>>
>>165063167
Doesnt this make sense though? Wouldnt The Dark be more londor/yuria/kaathe/ type shit and The Deep is Sillyman's twisted version of it seeing as how he basically did his own thing anyways?
>>
The deep is miyazaki being bored of a concept he made 7 years ago and wanting to just do whatever the fuck he wants in this game to keep from killing himself from monotony.
>>
>>165062872
right now, probably gwyndolin's asshole
>>
PC FC anyone?
>>
>>165067156
Even worse.
>>
How's a dragon build in ds3 using flyn's ring? What kind of lightweight weapons would you guys recommend. Thinking about the painting guardian sword, rapier, or dank hand, seeing as the dragon headstones also benefit from int/fait scaling.
>>
>>165067639
So Aldrich's asshole?
>>
>>165067678

Start it.
>>
Can anyone drop me a cat ring? Want to get proper bow on this character but I'm only going to sl36 so I'm not really keen on going into ng+ for a gesture
>>
File: Urike the Hedgehog.png (303KB, 262x490px) Image search: [Google]
Urike the Hedgehog.png
303KB, 262x490px
>>165066287
>>165066563
>>165066671
>>165067052
>>165067156
boo
>>
>>165067961
>urike
kek
>>
File: 1465929849008.png (74KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
1465929849008.png
74KB, 265x294px
>>165067961
DELET
>>
Looking to redo Bloodborne for the endings I've missed. Are there any fun builds worth trying? Either satisfying to play or a build for stomping bosses, I'm easy.
>>
>>165066740
>porn of Pontiff making Vordt his personal bitch in heat never
>>
Is it just me or does Pontiff's left eye do absolutely nothing?
>>
>>165066740
>vordt

That's not a feminine name. Every female in the series has a feminine name.
>>
>>165068502
>Ciaran
>>
>>165068614

Can sound feminine with the"ia" part.
>>
>>165052087
Jesus Mary and Joseph I hope fromsoft does something like this.

>>165056743
Hell yeah I'm playing DS2.
It's fucking great.
Want to co-op sometime?

>Inb4 DS2 is trash
You just don't know how to have fun.
>>
>>165068502
There's been exceptions to males having masculine sounding names mainly gwyndolin, so maybe Vordt is the same way.

It could also be a last nane as well, so the full name could be "Johanesstra Vordt of the Boreal Valley" or some weird shit like that.
>>
>>165067678
You hosting?
>>
Vordt is Dancer's ugly fat friend.
>>
Best glitch ever
>>
>>165068614
ciaran is 1 letter away from ciara, might as well have been a typo. vordt on the other hand i really couldn't see as female.
>>165068765
ciaran is a real, male name
>>165069081
gwyndolin was raised as a chick, why'd he have a dude's name? not a valid exception
>>
>>165049430
>Sony has a streaming service allowing you to play PS3 games on PS4
>People as you'd expect want Demon's Souls
>Even Dark Souls 1 seeing as its on Xbox One
>Sony instead adds the PS3 version of Dark Souls 2
>A game already remastered on PS4
What the fuck is wrong with them?
>>
>>165069175
It's great to punish those faggots that have to trivialize bossfights with several summons
>>
>>165069179
>gwyndolin was raised as a chick

How much like a chick?
>>
>>165069175

>ornstein found out about his master's fetish and decided to join him

pottery
>>
I like how there is literally nothing you can do about divine blessing spammers in DS1.
>>
>>165069493
just spam them yourself bruh
>>
>>165069493
I've never actually used a divine blessing before, what's different about it compared to popping a humanity or chugging?
>>
Killing more than 3 phantoms in a single session while having 1-2 phantoms of your own should flag to the Dorkmoons that said group is practicing entrapment and since that shit don't fly they get spam invaded by 4-5 Darkmoons (Never hostile to enemies, hostile to all non-Darkmoon phantoms)

The Darkmoon gets a concord for every enemy phantom and 2 concords for getting a host.
>>
>>165069403
If anything, this just means they're probably remastering Demon's Souls or something

Why let people buy the original for cheap when you can make them pay 60 dollars for a "better" product?
>>
>>165069493
From didn't expect players to be assholes and cheat them
>>
>>165069567
much faster animation than humanity for the same heal
>>
>>165069567
pretty much instant
>>
>>165069567
As fast as blood vials (faster than humanity and estus) but heals you to 100% hp.
>>
>>165069573
But why bother putting Dark Souls II on? No one is going to play it.
>>
File: 1461155409357.jpg (28KB, 460x337px) Image search: [Google]
1461155409357.jpg
28KB, 460x337px
>>165069572
I'd love to kill off the gank squads and bloodshades, but we all know this will never be put in
>>
How are rope firebombs if a host and his phantoms are chasing you?
>>
File: 20170109120906_1.jpg (158KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170109120906_1.jpg
158KB, 1600x900px
HAH SUCK MY DICK NIGGERS
>>
File: 1483039342484.jpg (63KB, 540x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483039342484.jpg
63KB, 540x566px
>get summoned
>not even 30 seconds go by while i read something and tab back in
>unsummoned
>>
>>165070321
Why do they corrode your weapon so much?
>>
>>165070410
>why aren't complete strangers waiting for me when they don't have to
>I am the center of the world everything revolves around me
>>
>>165069567
green blossom animation

It's even faster than Estus and heals you as much as humanity
>>
>>165069115
I'm usually a big fat laggard so it might be shit

Taking some signs for a test run.

PC FC

Cleansing Chapel bonfire, password is dsg
>>
>>165070760
>tfw demon ruins never
>>
This is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHAUOSZu8o

Wish there was a way to save your edits though
>>
>>165070939
Fuck off with shitty meme locations. Chapel is a good one, ruins is awful and almost dungeon tier
>>
>>165070572
Dude it wasnt even a minute the controller shook and i was already being unsummoned when i tabbed in.
>>
File: 20170109122302_1.jpg (384KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170109122302_1.jpg
384KB, 1600x900px
jesus this gun does a shit ton of damage

thanks 2cat
>>
>>165070760
>spawn in the middle of fucking nowhere
>host didn't even bother to activate the ladder shortcut
>have to run through the whole graveyard to even reach him
off to a good start
>>
>>165071407
It doesn't even look that good or animate that well, but the fact that a greatsword has that hold stance in two-handed mode always seemed like the coolest fucking thing to me
>>
>>165070760
Can you kick the ladder?
>>
>>165071667
The one connecting the cathedral to the bonfire? omw
>>
File: Glass Cannon.png (447KB, 962x604px) Image search: [Google]
Glass Cannon.png
447KB, 962x604px
R8
>>
>>165071793

Yeah thanks.
>>
>>165071523
I want this fucking sword in DaS3 so bad oh my god.
>>
>>165071827
>someone looks at you
>die
>>
>>165071407
Welcome to the cancer that is Loyce Greatsword. Enjoy your stay.
>>
File: selen-vinland.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
selen-vinland.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
>pious, but not retarded like urbain
>only holy knight to survive the valley; clearly a capable young woman
>super qt
>best armour design in demon's souls
>undying care for her brother, even after finding out about astraea and him falling from grace
Seriously, how can any other souls girl compete?
>>
>>165071958
wtf dont bully my swordfu you filthy quadruple nigger
>>
>>165072010
I kill her every time
>>
Some laggy/hacking fucker just invaded me and spammed dark bolts that hit me 3 seconds before they actually passed through me, so everytime i went to roll out of the way of one i would stagger and then get hit, Fucking A+ would laugh again.
>>
>>165072010
>tfw BP Selen
>>
File: cute.png (3KB, 64x86px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
3KB, 64x86px
Hey, /dsg/.

Do you like... lifegems?
>>
>>165052928
>Favourite boss
Artorias
>Favourite fight
Champ Gundyr
>Favourite area
Oolacile Township
>Favourite theme
Maiden Astrea
>Favourite weapon
Claymore/Balder Side Spear/Loyce Greatsword
>Favourite game
Dark Souls 1
>>
>>165072490
She seemed like the weakest of all the BP NPC's to me for some reason. The most difficult part of the whole thing was the environment, rather than purely the damage she could dish out
>>
>>165070482
>Corrode
There's no corrosion, that's just how durability works in DS2.
It's really harsh, you usually want to bring a side weapon or repair powder.
>>
>>165072498
Make Lifegems non-stackable. Boom, fixed.
>>
So I'm playing SOTFS and this character just spawns in Iron Keep bridge during a fight club.

He's wearing full explorer garb.

I'm healing with Warmth, and he casts a lightning spear at the host. It does 1665 damage AND shoots out 5-6 spears all side by side, horizontally, then immediately crashes my game.

What the fuck?
>>
Can i backup a save right before the twin cats boss fog to skip all the running? Would it be detected as some kind of abuse by the game?
>>
>>165052928
ivory king
redundant??
parish
gwyn's
gyrm axe (not the 2headed version)
ds1
>>
>>165052928
- lady maria
-probably the entirety of great isz chalice with the spider ladies and werewolves
-castle drangleic exterior (looking glass knight arena and path leading to drangleic)
-sotfs
-gatling gun
-das3
>>
>>165072729
No, copy your .sl2 file is legitimate.

The game will detect a backed up save not matching the steam account that saved it and flag that as save hacking, however.
>>
retoast

PC FC going on at Cleansing Chapel

password is dsg

ladder kicked down
>>
>>165072670
I could swear my weapons break much faster against twin cats, ice cat, and sihn the dragon. Even against ancient dragon I didn't need to worry about durability. I once used a halberd against sihn and I think the halberd loses durability even quicker if you hit with the wood part.
>>
>>165072498
This is a pretty good idea >>165072693
They were kinda necessary, specially at the start, since you start without estus and find them one by one. But you could buy them really cheap and have 99 of each.
>>
>>165072945
I think Sihn has some kind of corrosion mechanic, but I don't think the cats do. I'm not completely sure, though.
>>
Would you rather be an Outrider Knight or a Sulyvahn's Beast?
>>
>>165072498
They work pretty well within the context of DaS2 encounter design.

But they also feel like a way to trivialize taking damage, at least towards mid/end game where you can easily have a nearly unlimited stock of them to heal up after any sort of mistake after combat.
>>
>>165072891
uhh didn't quite get you. I just want to save before the fog and restore it if i die instead of running there again, is that okay?
>>
File: Great swords are great.webm (3MB, 852x478px) Image search: [Google]
Great swords are great.webm
3MB, 852x478px
>>165050712
>>
>>165066287
The DS2 wheel skeletons can still fuck your shit up.
>>
>>165073615
>slutwear
>>
File: sharing knowledge.webm (3MB, 524x848px) Image search: [Google]
sharing knowledge.webm
3MB, 524x848px
>>165073743
I'm a more modest gal nowadays.
>>
>>165073615
Twinks really ruin this games earlygame pvp. And as always, it's some obnoxious waifufag. And it's all because invaders are mad they don't have a 90% chance of winning an invasion.
>>
File: 1472587895751.jpg (459KB, 673x967px) Image search: [Google]
1472587895751.jpg
459KB, 673x967px
>>165052928
>Favourite boss
Pontiff
>Favourite fight
Sir Waxed Floors
>Favourite area
Mensis Nightmare
>Favourite theme
Cleric Beast/Pontiff
>Favourite weapon
Orma & Reeves
>Favourite game
Cant and wont pick one
>>
File: 374320_20170103190845_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170103190845_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>165073134

The end result is ultimately the same.
>>
File: 1466974977032.jpg (29KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
1466974977032.jpg
29KB, 277x277px
>>165073615
>>165073905
>hiding your hideous attempt at making a female face under a pissrag
kil you are shelf
>>
PC FC is about to be off

Hope everyone had fun!
>>
File: war-scythe.jpg (5KB, 62x94px) Image search: [Google]
war-scythe.jpg
5KB, 62x94px
>this weapon with Garl's armor

Beautiful
>>
>>165074136
I like how it looks and it's the lightest helmet in the game.
>>
>>165073134
I would be _________the Dancer
>>
>>165073615
>Pence
>Not throwing lightning bolts
He deserved to die for fucking up his Mike Pence cosplay
>>
>>165074195

Damn. That was quick.
>>
>>165073134
I want to be a lewd knight like Dancer
>>
File: Satan.jpg (526KB, 1528x910px) Image search: [Google]
Satan.jpg
526KB, 1528x910px
>>165073965
>>
>>165074220
what the fuck are you talking about, stupid
>>
>>165075115
>I never played DeS: The Post
>>
>>165062872
The age of deep waters .
Not kidding
>>
File: 1408976475450.png (414KB, 530x464px) Image search: [Google]
1408976475450.png
414KB, 530x464px
>>165072010
>>
>>165075693
It's true at least as far as female exclusive armor goes. But the female variant of a lot of the unisex armor looks better.
>>
>>165072010

But her brother has the best armor design
>>
>>165075897
It's a matter of taste, I like better male armors. Except the temple knight starting armor, this one looks better on females.
>>
>infused weapons don't get cool visual elemental effects
Literally why?
>>
Demon's Souls was made by the same team as Dark Souls 2?
I'm playing it right now and I'm seeing many parallelism (not just references) between them.
>>
>>165076106
Nothing comes close to the male variant of Fluted armor in that game
>>
>>165076160
It'd be tiring to see it always, and consoles can't handle it
>>
>>165073965
t. Pro gamer
>>
>>165076160
because fashion souls would drag fights out due to the lack of damage
>>
>>165076160
The audio cue from that would be really irritating. Plus it would be there was no highly distinct visual confirmation of buffs/resins being used.
>>
>>165076160

Are fire weapons/chaos weapons/deep weapons even good in III?
>>
>>165076225
True. My first character was a female, I wanted to start as a knight but the look of this armor on females is meh, so I took temple knight. But then later I discovered Garl's armor, but it is male only. I started a new game just for this armor.
Thanks the duplication glitch exists, I wouldn't have had the patience to do everything once again
>>
>>165072498
>OJ and rock candy
Fuck yeah
>>
>>165076493
Yeah, that dupe glitch mostly solves how incredibly fucking grindy Demon's is when it comes to upgrade materials and shit.
>>
What is /dsg/'s favorite strength weapon?
>>
>>165076753
hmmmmm
>>
File: 20170109213020_1.jpg (245KB, 1680x948px) Image search: [Google]
20170109213020_1.jpg
245KB, 1680x948px
How would you name her?
>>
>>165076812
Cummed inside
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXg8vA1dIo
>>
>>165076753

Heavy Millwood Ba
>>
>>165076608
>tfw you still need one of an item to do the duplication
>but you need a pure stone
>>
>>165076812
FatButCute
>>
>>165077078
Only pure bladestone will really give you trouble. Took me well over 150 kills of the same 2kat skeleton before I got 1
>>
>>165076753
Gargoyle flamehammer
>>
>>165076812
Waifu (male)
>>
God damnit, I didn't realise I had to capitalize Ass to get around the filter, so now I am Professor Bad***
>>
>>165077235
Anyway, time to do Maneaters with the fog+bow and arrows glitch :^)
I hate them.
So much.
>>
File: here it comes.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
here it comes.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>165075115
>>
File: 1358810325891.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1358810325891.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>165077401
I wanted to make my character name Miyako and it got censored because lmao yak.
>>
>>165077671
Why the fuck is yak censored
>>
>>165077784
japs hate animals or something I don't fucking know man
>>
>>165077784
derogatory word for tibetans.
>>
>>165077784
Have you seen the censor list? It's the most retarded thing ever, to the point it's hilarious.
https://github.com/omgftw/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/blob/master/censorlist.js
>>
File: 1332075582991.png (190KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1332075582991.png
190KB, 600x620px
>>165078510
>ass pirate
>>
>>165078510
And the worst of all is that it automatically censors those strings, doesn't matter if they're part of a bigger word.
>>
File: 1397317040094.gif (932KB, 253x197px) Image search: [Google]
1397317040094.gif
932KB, 253x197px
>friede's scythe still has that incredibly irritating constant sound effect
why can't from understand that shit like this is ear rape for headphone users
>>
>>165076346
>The audio cue from that would be really irritating.
Yet people will still use Fred's Sythe.
>>
>>165078678
>>165078694
Nice
>>
>>165078510
>bigmuffpi
>cockfucklutated
>donkeyribber
>>
>>165078510
Reminds me of that old list for... What the fuck was that game again...
the list had amazing insults too, like "Cock Baron"

Just saw someone called "Ant**ny Burr"
They seriously need to fix this shit...
>>
>>165060464
Messing with ENBs isn't gonna make the game not look like an abortion.
>>
File: IMG_3629.jpg (88KB, 600x955px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3629.jpg
88KB, 600x955px
Im looking to start up DS2 again, but I want to create a female character with a huge ass. I remember there was an image with the CC formula and examples, but I cant find it fucking anywhere. Does someone have it and is willing to post it?
>>
>>165078510
Are the japanese this thinskinned? Even runescape gives you the option to enable or disable the profanity filter.
>>
>>165078510
"abe lincoln "
"dirty sanchez "
"goomba "
"rusty trombone "
>>
>>165079093
depends entirelly on if the japanese names are also filtered.

Remember that we're looking at filters in english.
>>
>>165076167
What? No.
DeS and DaS 1 / BB have probably the most staff carryover.

DaS2 was more like a tribute to King's Field games more than anything, they even had Naotoshi Zin helping out a lot with DS2.
>>
>>165050712
>>165073615

Ehhh, I can top that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16cQ-fAgs7I

I love the backstab system in this game. (ds3)
>>
File: 1479941956556.png (231KB, 235x507px) Image search: [Google]
1479941956556.png
231KB, 235x507px
>>165078510
>angrypenguin
>2girls1cup
>askhole
>assburger
>bag
>deep
>fagbag
>kyke
>pigfucker
>tubgirl.com
>jew
>white girl

This is ridiculous
>>
>>165078510
>make a sunbrow specializing in sunlight spears
>can't name yourself Spearchucker
>>
>>165079242
>Estus doesn't make you stand still
Any chance this might be changed in the future?
>>
WE
ARE
BACK
BOYS

FC is going to be back up again
>soon

password is dsg

Cleansing Chapel bonfire
>>
>>165078510

Isn't it true that it only checks for lowercase words too? Like nigger or nig gets censored, but Nigger or NIGGER doesn't? or Jew or Ho compared to jew and ho, etc.

Killed a host recently named Donald TRump, for example.
>>
File: 1483242773581.jpg (166KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1483242773581.jpg
166KB, 752x1063px
What was the most atmospheric place of each game?
>>
>>165079453

Fun fact: you can name yourself Spear Chucker, though. Because I did. Interesting to see that if you type it out as spearchucker it gets censored though. I mean, they made the follower javelin, they kinda brought it upon themselves really.
>>
>>165076812
Bitchtits Malone
>>
>>165079789
Needs a carthus shield
>>
I've come to the conclusion that dark souls 1 and 2 are equally good games for different reasons and dark souls 3 was a step backwards and inferior in many ways
>>
>>165079789
WE WUZ KINGZ
>>
File: 1473715129801.png (1MB, 1960x3334px) Image search: [Google]
1473715129801.png
1MB, 1960x3334px
>>165076753
Kikehammer, Golem Axe or Millwood BA.
>>
In case you missed last night's King Allant stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIMin2zDhTk
>>
>>165079605
I have no idea.
Wouldn't surprise me though, since FROM being the lazy fucks they are probably didn't bother that much with the censorship.
I'm pretty sure that censorlist is a random one the found and decided to use, because many of the words are redundant, since other words already censor longer variations of them, which means this list was meant to censor whole words, not any string containing the censored ones.
>>
>>165080012
>not puting his theme instead of One Who Craves Souls
>>
>>165079625
I really liked the Duke's Archives dungeon for some reason. There's something sad about a library turned into a prison, those pisacas dropping Gwynevere's miracles, the fire keeper soul and the way of white head bishop's ring. Just goes to show you Seath's madness and corrupting influence over Anor Londo in a somewhat subtle way, i guess.
>>
>name your character undead
>try playing with friends
>they as if you are "Und***"

Fucking fuck
>>
>>165079625
>DS1: Anor Londo
>DS2: Drangleic Castle
>>
>>165078510
Scot here. Holy fuck, Bampot is censored. It's literally an equivalent to idiot and its there. This list is gold.
>>
>>165079970
Delusional nostalgiafag. As soon as the next souls game comes you'll be praising ds3.
>>
File: 1483027774671.jpg (59KB, 587x645px) Image search: [Google]
1483027774671.jpg
59KB, 587x645px
WHat is going on in DaS3? when i watch webms it seems like the hitboxes are always running away with themselves, i thought it was lag but when i got it the other day its doing it in single player too, sometimes i dont hit something with the blade yet still hit them?
>>
>>165080493
FROM found a lazy way to "fix" hitboxes in DS3 so people don't complain, you're starting to notice their quality work
>They gave regular enemies auto-tracking and the ability to chase you while attacking, so you can't get away and you have to use iframes most of the time
>They gave bosses huge hitboxes and the ability to spin 180° to hit you when you're behind them
>They also give the player the most forgiving roll in the series, without barely any investment involvment for best results
>>
>>165079093
if you swap the korean namefilter for the english one everything is uncensored, even the names that use english characters
>>
File: 1_int.png (181KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1_int.png
181KB, 303x311px
PC

FC

Now on

>>165079598

Cleansing Chapel

Password : dsg
>>
>>165080415
dark souls 3 was the most linear and shortest, also has the worst pvp
can praise it for consistently good bosses, really needs a boss rush mode lol
>>
>>165080625
But only for you, not other players.
>>
>>165080221
The DeS soundtrack was on loop throughout the entirety of the stream. This is just a snippet from it.
>>
>>165079625
DaS1: New Londo, Ash Lake, maybe Darkroot Basin. If it had been completed, Lost Izalith might have been cool.
DaS2: Huntsman's Copse, Shrine of Amana, Undead Crypt, Dragon Aerie, Shulva.
DaS3: Smouldering Lake, Irithyll, and I have to admit that Lothric Castle once the apocalypse sets in is pretty nice.
>>
>>165080614
>have to use iframes
This right here is why 3 feels like a shitty fangame. The other games had the option of just rolling/sprinting to get out of the way, even 2's pivoting enemies weren't this bad. And of course, 90% of enemy attacks in 3 are horizontal sweeps so you have to roll -through- the attack every time. It feels so meta.
>>
>>165080884
majula :p
>>
>>165080891
DaS1 midrolls were my favourite. You had to actually time and think about your rolls to avoid the attack, not just roll right through the enemy blade like a ghost or some shit. Rolling in DaS2/3 just feels like purely reactional garbage with tons of iframes.
>>
File: 1435608389402.png (479KB, 672x503px) Image search: [Google]
1435608389402.png
479KB, 672x503px
>>165080415
not him but I shat on DS2 really hard when it came out because I felt it was such a step back

Now that I played DS3 I can't help but feel I was being unfair to DS2 for relatively minor gripes. DS2 may have soul memory, no solid orb, and various really stupid other design choices, but atleast you can sort of work around these.

Nothing they'll ever introduce to a souls game will ever beat how fucking dumb the rolling in DS3 is. No stamina comsumption, crazy iframes, nearly no downtime and recovery to it. It thoroughly ruins PvP and PvE at a very base level.
Remember having to dodge attacks a certain way in order not to get hit because iframes weren't as ridiculous and your position relative to the attack actually mattered? Me neither.
Now it's just roll into any direction through the enemy attack. You can even roll with the attack. It doesn't matter for shit.
It also doesn't matter which direction you roll because enemies have AMAZING tracking, literally every last one, so you're not able to dodge anything in the game without rolling to begin with. It solely exists for the iframes.

I really fucking hope that in the next game they make, they realized how fucking dumbed down this makes the games and they'll remove it again. There literally isn't a single boss in DS3 that is challenging because of this. The only ones that are sort of challenging are the ones with 12 hit combos that CAN rollcatch you if you just spamroll like Friede or Pontiff, but even those you can consistently just roll without any thought once you realize rollspam fucks you.

Compare this to DS2 pursuer, who wasn't by any stretch a difficult or even just very interesting boss. He had moves you had to dodge to one size, and he had moves you had to roll away from, or moves you best rolled behind him for. Most enemies in DS1 were like that. There's nothing like it in DS3. Nothing.

And I haven't even gone into PvP. Roll, summon, no counter.
>>
>>165063830
looks like an alonne knight
>>
>>165081274
Good luck trying to hit anyone who is into rolling in PVP with str weapons...
>>
File: 1455511813719.png (406KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1455511813719.png
406KB, 635x457px
>>165080787
After listening to the entire DeS soundtrack for five hours, I feel like I never want to play DeS again.
>>
>just trying to play in the FC
>Internet decided to shit itself

I JUST WANNA PARTICIPATE ;_;
>>
>>165079567
I hope so but I don't think FROM really cares
>>
>>165080261
>giving your character a generic name
>not using name checker
It's like you want them to know you're a faggot
>>
>>165082283
I'm having tons of trouble summoning people steadily, which one are you?
>>
>>165082434
I was HAMMER M A N, ironically enough i really hate hammer weapons
>>
>>165082397
I'm just shit at naming characters
>>
>>165080415
>praising a game that doesn't hide it's blatant attempt at bloating the content with fanservice
>>
>>165080680
>summoning aborted due to time out
ebin
>>
>>165076242
>consoles can't handle it
???
>>
>>165083082
>silky smooth 20FPS
>not even fucking 720p internal resolution
Consoles can't handle it
>>
>>165082506
Then why did you name yourself HAMMER M A N?
>hammer man
>gs
>anri
>2kat
Is it bad cosplay month?
>>
>>165083216
Anri is consistently shitting on that name.
>>
>>165083216
at least the "not ornstein" is honest

he's shit but he's honest
>>
>>165083216
Well i used the shit out of hammer weapons when i made this character, but now i just used them too much and moved on form them
>>
File: console gaming.jpg (2MB, 1901x1070px) Image search: [Google]
console gaming.jpg
2MB, 1901x1070px
>>165083163
As somebody who uses his HDTV as a computer monitor and as a TV for my PS4, I can guarantee you that you would not give a shit in real life.
>>
>>165083216
The only FC cosplayer I saw that was consistent was Ciaran. I've never seen him break the character.
>>
>>165083887
he switches to full ornstein when he fights not ornstein

it's kind of funny actually
>>
>>165083550
Mate, just because you have low standards that doesn't mean everyone else does.
If I could in any way, shape or form bring myself to be satisfied with a 30fps game on a HDTV, I would absolutely do it.
>>
>>165083887
That's because I have other characters for when I want to try something different. I would never make my first SL 100-120 character a cosplay build.
>>
>>165083887
>Ciaran cosplay
How does it look ?
>>
>>165083550
>I can guarantee you that you would not give a shit in real life.
Holy shit, where am I right now? What the fuck is this reality?
>>
>>165083082
what are those little babies at the bottom of the tombstone?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170109-195738.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170109-195738.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What's the giant sword that Phil is using at 1:51:10?
https://youtu.be/xpA32Z3GuEA
>>
File: Ciaran.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ciaran.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
>>165084030
Like this
>>
>>165084196
Didn't you use painting guardian mask?
>>
>>165084196
>>165084281
That's an old picture. I switched to Painting Guardian Mask. I didn't realize until after I posted it.
>>
>>165084160
Farron Greatsword
>>
File: MessengerMouth.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MessengerMouth.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>165084125
Messengers.
They serve as vendors and also carry your notes to other worlds.
>>
>>165084160
Is the entirety of all his tries against the nameless king in there?

Someone here got summoned because he showed the fucking password onstream, and they just fucked with him
>>
>>165080614
I'm just happy they made it look natural. DS2's skating pivots were ridiculous, DS3's at least pretend to be physically possible.

It's still kind of annoying that they player can't do it when everything else can, though.
>>
>>165084419
Yeah I think so, but I haven't watched the originals so I can't say
>>
so many timeouts

hosting a FC maybe wasn't a bright idea
>>
>>165080891
>The other games had the option of just rolling/sprinting to get out of the way
Now imagine how fucking dumb a fight would look like IRL when one combatant jst leisurely walks behind the other while he swings at nothingness.
>>
>>165084746
Third world internet is never a bright idea :^)
>>
>>165081274
DaS1 was just as dumb with shields though. I remember my first playthrough. Press l1, wait for enemy to hit me, press r1. It got me through almost the whole game.
>>
File: 1422680206701.jpg (42KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1422680206701.jpg
42KB, 454x453px
>>165084160
These videos are just stupid. The first ones were funny because he legit fucked up and they were atleast a LITTLE concise.

This one is just fucking dumb
>enemy posing dead on ground
>he gets up when dsp gets near
>dsp is like "o dang I thought he was dead"
>video creator puts in a snarky youtube message like "omg phil how did u not know he was alive..."
Like how the fuck did the guy who made this think that's a fuckup? It's literally just an observation made and they shit on him.

Keep in mind I got really mad when I watched DSP first play dark souls but it's really fucking stupid to do this anymore.
It's like his latest dark souls playthrough. He's actually genuinely pretty ok at it now, yet everyone acts like he's a complete tool still.
>OMG PHIL why are you checking these corners. There's nothing in these corners lmao you are soooooo bad
>omg phil you got hit you fucking retard

It's like people want DSP to fail so badly, they cling onto it so hard, that they will berate him for every little thing he does that isn't completely optimal. Fuck.
>>
>>165084815
As opposed to jumping into the attack and rolling, which somehow nullifies the damage.
You're missing the point.
>>
Was is the best option for weapon at the beginning of DaS a spear of all things?

You can't get a decent sword for quite some time
>>
File: 1433621990250.png (215KB, 620x525px) Image search: [Google]
1433621990250.png
215KB, 620x525px
>>165083979
>mfw all these kids that can't play any game at 30fps because they're spoiled gwaffix children
Were you born in 2008?
>>
>>165085170
>He's actually genuinely pretty ok at it now, yet everyone acts like he's a complete tool still.
He's around 40 deaths in and is stuck at Queelaag, also he's cursed
>>
>>165084815
>sprinting
>leisurely walks
???
>>
>>165084746
Dark Souls 3 FCs are never a good idea.
>>
>>165085285
Graphical quality and frame rate are entirely separate issues
>>
>>165085314
I haven't actually watched that yet. I looked at his first session, in which he actually seemed to make an effort and was actually going through the game smoothly. Like, he killed the black knight and the taurus demon in one life, went on through the dragon area, I think he even got the shortcut, and made it to the church all in one life.

Yet people in the chat were like
>omg phil is so bad he had to cheese the black knight
>phil wtf why didn't you just keep jump attacking taurus demon you fucking retard? you fought him the hard way
all the way through, so I just stopped watching
>>
I have my ps4 connected to a 144hz monitor. it's a mess.
>>
>>165085285
I once knew a guy who bought a fancy new TV that claimed to have twice the FPS and improved display due to some sort of color layering tech wizardry. He spent all day talking about how smooth it looked and how much better everything was on his new television.

He later learned that only movies specifically designed for that feature could take advantage of it. None of which were the movies he'd been watching.

In case you were wondering. The human eye can't even see past 30 fps, and all other media industries are moving past that awkward phase
>>
>>165085692
It's called 48fps
>>
>>165085692
>The human eye can't even see past 30 fps
This is a factually untrue myth perpetuated by console apologists. Hell, this is /dsg/. Go fire up DaS1 and compare it to 2 and 3. The difference when things are in motion is jarring.
>>
>>165085314
>>165085170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpA32Z3GuEA#t=10m49s
Here's another example of what I mean.

Can you really look at this and find that people WEREN'T actively and desperately looking for mistakes to point out, even though there may be none?
>>
File: Capture.png (131KB, 888x815px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
131KB, 888x815px
>>165085692
are you literally retarded or just baiting
>>
>>165085803
The difference is when they dip below 30fps. 60fps started as a marketing trick to separate fools from their money, despite zero scientific evidence that anyone could even tell the difference. Which they can't. Video game developers are the only industry that bothers with it.

>>165085786
48fps works by doubling existing frames, you illiterate moron.
>>
>>165085692
>I once knew a guy who bought a fancy new TV that claimed to have twice the FPS
You once knew a retard who got scammed.
Being technically illiterate does not mean that people who care about technical values are posers.
>>
>>165086095
>48fps works by doubling existing frames
>>165085692
>a fancy new TV that claimed to have twice the FPS

You do know TV is 24 frames right
>>
File: BB MLGS.webm (3MB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
BB MLGS.webm
3MB, 728x410px
>>165076242

haha wat
>>
>>165085982
>nerdist.com
>depends on involuntary eye movement
>somewhere over 24fps
>technically incorrect, human eye doesn't see in frames
>1,000fps+
Are you being serious right now?

>>165086184
>You do know TV is 24 frames right
Yes. 24 * 2 = 48.
>>
There's a clear difference between 30 and 60 FPS

and don't even get me started on 120 FPS
>>
>>165086436
>120 FPS
Now you're just being ridiculous.
>>
>>165086402
>>You do know TV is 24 frames right
>Yes. 24 * 2 = 48.
Jesus christ do you read reply chains
>>
>>165084746

>people ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''cosplaying'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>hackers
>lagging retards with 3rd-world tier internet all over the place

oh look, the /dsg/ pcfc is the same as usual
>>
>>165085464
>I looked at his first session, in which he actually seemed to make an effort and was actually going through the game smoothly

and like everything he has ever tried, he was unable to keep up the facade.

He dies to Quelaags most telegraphed attack and is now trying to grind levels to beat blighttown.
>>
>>165086375
>silky smooth 20FPS
>not even fucking 720p internal resolution
Consoles can't handle it
>>
File: Don't talk to me or my suns.png (3MB, 1004x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Don't talk to me or my suns.png
3MB, 1004x1524px
Haven't played DS3 in a while, are invasions from 1-60 still relatively active? (particularly post-pontiff)

Also when was the last time we had an event?
>>
>>165086436
After buying 144Hz monitor and playing Overwatch with 200fps I turned the game to 60Hz and it looked like a slideshow. The difference is huge and anyone denying it is a just a retard.
>>
>>165056743
Ive been playing it quite a bit recently, Im seeing bloodstains and messages all over the place.
>>
File: 1425334758537.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1425334758537.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>165086436
I have a monitor that can switch between 120hz and 144hz which I sometimes switch between (for ULMB functionality which doesn't work at 120hz) and it even becomes a little noticable when you go from 144fps to 120fps. Not for long though.

I think the real difference going from 30fps to 60fps and from 60fps to 120fps is how fast you adjust to it. Sure you can get used to 30fps, but if you've been playing higher FPS games it takes you hours to get used to.

Going from 120fps to 60fps takes you like 10 minutes to get used to and you already don't really notice anymore. Going from 144fps to 120fps takes you maybe a minute or so and you already don't notice.

The only times you really notice 60fps anymore is when you swerve the camera around, which you do often in certain games (souls games especially). that feeling is amplified times 10 at 30fps, so I don't really like playing it for anything but linear movie games.
>>
Is /bbg/ this dead that console fags are shitposting here?
>>
>>165086596
That's my own reply chain, anon. I'd sure hope I knew what I was talking about, otherwise we'd have more interesting problems to worry about.
>>
>>165086553
Just try a monitor with either 120hz or 144hz refresh rate, even the mouse feels better.

Just play some older game that can run at that FPS and you'll never want to go back

>>165086761
Basically this, ignorance is bliss

>>165086812
I OC my monitor to 75hz. It's noticeable when games drop to 60fps during gameplay.
>>
>trying to do invasions in swamp for shackles
>every phantom is downscaled
>hosts without phantoms immediately enter fog
is there an equivalent to instant curse for ds3?
>>
>>165086620
>hackers
what now?
>>
>>165049430
Fun, wacky builds in dark souls 1 for someone who has +300 hours in the game? Pretty open minded, willing to try any crazy weapons.
>>
>>165086827
>It's called 48 fps.
>Most tv shit is 24fps.
>twice the fps
>24fps
>It's called 48 fps.
>48fps works by doubling existing frames, you illiterate moron.
>>
>>165085170
He dies 63 times to Champion Gundyr though.
>>
>>165087002
Congratulations, anon. You've gone and repeated everything I was saying back to me. You're so good at things.
>>
>>165087038
3 less than depression
>>
>>165087124
>calling someone an illiterate moron because he said something that was mathematically correct
????????????????????????????????????????
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QQhuzmaNKI

I guess I'm never invading again...
>>
File: 1402259959291.gif (35KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1402259959291.gif
35KB, 200x150px
>there's 3 different statues of woman with a child in ds1, all portray children of different ages
>one of those statues with an already grown up child is both in painted world and new londo
>the very same statue is in ds3's Ariandel, yet destroyed, presumably by Friede who also confiscated paintings of what apparently looks like the same woman
>Friede is connected to Londor which is new londo
But what does this mean?
>>
>>165087038
I guess so, but why is the video 3 hours long and full of shit where he doesn't actually do anything wrong, yet there's youtube comments berating him for it?

Like shit, I like watching genuine DSP shittery. This isn't it. This is 3 hours of filler with maybe 30 minutes of "holy shit DSP how can you be so fucking dumb" which everyone watches it for.

That video even fucking shows him killing the katana master on the first try. For no particular reason. He did really well fighting him.
>>
>>165083216
I found out that the Anri build is fucking boring. I'd change my name but I'd get banned.
>>
File: elite come on.png (199KB, 495x309px) Image search: [Google]
elite come on.png
199KB, 495x309px
>>165087197
You should have stopped invading / playing DS3 months ago.
>>
>>165087382
what did he mean by this
>>
File: have a nice dinner.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
have a nice dinner.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>165087197
>r1 mashes like a retard
>holds longsword in two hands of all things
>has multiple occasions when you could kill the host
>wow i'm getting destroyed
>>
File: c86.jpg (34KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
c86.jpg
34KB, 600x342px
>>165087195
When did I say anything that was mathematically incorrect?
>>
>>165087483
He meant that anon is slow as fuck on picking up that DS3's pvp, and DS3 as a whole is fucking trash.

>>165087564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1-wUV0-_JY
>>
>>165087528
>r1 mashes like a retard
Gotta do that damage baby
>holds longsword in two hands of all things
Gotta do that damage baby
>has multiple occasions when you could kill the host
Maybe
>wow i'm getting destroyed
Wow missing the point baby.
>>
I fucking hate estus in DaS3.
>>
>>165078510
>https://github.com/omgftw/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/blob/master/censorlist.js
Damn, I was just about to make a new character named Alabama Hot Pocket.
>>
Anybody on PC able to drop me some rings?
>>
>>165087682
>Gotta do that damage baby
Damage won't matter when you're missing 80% of your swings. And if you've got a handful of people attacking you, it's best to have your longsword in one hand for wide swings rather than two-handed vertical slashes. Plus you have your shield open for parrying.

git gud faggot
>>
>>165087038
>>165085170
>>165084160
I just found out why DSP is so bad. He's not actually bad, he's just for some reason playing at incredibly high input delay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpA32Z3GuEA#t=3h08m3s

That shit is like 200MS input delay. That's borderline unplayable.
If I had to guess I'd say he's playing through an amp or something.
>>
File: ez frags.webm (3MB, 1024x756px) Image search: [Google]
ez frags.webm
3MB, 1024x756px
>>165087682
>the game has universal 2 hit system
>not at least delaying the third hit to catch painc rollers

Also 2h longsword has one of the shittiest movesets of all light weapons for pvp.
>>
>>165087886

Just swap them in with CE.
>>
I'm at Andre and got a lot of stuff to craft weapons with.

I'm just about to get into Anor Londo.

Any specific weapon you recommend me leveling/ascending?
>>
>>165088005
I haven't used it since das2, too spooked about getting bunned
>>
>>165087038
How is it possible to die that much to a boss ?
I understand around 10 times, but how the fuck can you die for more than 50 tries
5 tries and you should already know most of the boss attacks
>>
>>165087893
Lol I win most of my invasions just spamming r1 2h. Haven't you heard of the meta :^)
>>
>>165087002
You do know that the mythical "48fps" tvs work by having two of each frame? They are, literally, just doubling existing frames.
>>
>>165088073

You don't get banned for item swapping. Make sure it isn't a Boss item though.
>>
>>165088076
>Lol I win most of my invasions just spamming r1 2h
Apparently not because from what I've seen so far is fucking abysmal.
>>
>>165087886
what do you want?
>>
>>165088184
a cat ring and a prisoner's chain, if you can. high wall, pass dsg
>>
File: 1469044098600.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
1469044098600.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
>>165087898
>That shit is like 200MS input delay. That's borderline unplayable.
>If I had to guess I'd say he's playing through an amp or something.

What if he doesn't even know? What if he's been playing like that for so long he thinks that's how it's supposed to be?
>>
>>165086736
Still active, steam sale during christmas so a lot of new players. I wish there would be another gladiator event.
>>
>>165088253
let me just make a quick backup and I'm there
>>
>>165088307
It definitely would explain part if not all of his learning disability. Dude is just on a huge delay
>>
>>165087197
I would equip obscuring ring and wait for an oppoturnity to remove one of them fast. Be a sneaky fuck and don't get spotted until you know what you're up against. Know who to charm and who to target if someone gets away and starts chugging. You try to parry but completely miss a couple of easy ones, the early running attack with axe shoud land if the latency is ok. I would never try the shield break WA unless the person is a complete moron. Missed easy backstabs on the katana guy. You have to abuse something when fighting 1v4, you can't R1 with straight sword against a rape train.

I enjoy these situations because it feels so good when I wipe them.
>>
>>165086095
>despite zero scientific evidence that anyone could even tell the difference. Which they can't.
>2017
>People STILL believe that shit.
http://30vs60.com/
>>
File: crystalsage1_tc.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crystalsage1_tc.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
I like playing mage. It's my favourite playstyle.
I do not like the Crown of Dusk. It looks hideous, but it's got amazing stats and perks behind it.
I adore the Sage's Big Hat. It looks amazing, but does not have any mage damage boosts like the Crown has.
I also cannot find any fashion that looks good with this hat.
Should I just go Crown and be another bog-standard mage build, or should I push on to find fashion to go with what might be my favourite hat in the series?
>>
File: 20170109234153_1.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170109234153_1.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
>people pick usernames like this completely unironically
jesus
>>
>>165088579
Who is that?
>>
>>165088546
just play as a pyromancer nigga, same mage, only with stronger and superior fire magic
>>
>>165088425
thank you so much!
>>
File: Oroboro.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Oroboro.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>165088668

This guy.
>>
File: 1477350674659.jpg (242KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477350674659.jpg
242KB, 495x600px
>>165088459
>dsp might actually be good at games, he's just so bad at tech it counteracts any skill he may have

I knew I should've stayed in bed today.
>>
>>165088735
If you need anything else, just ask. I've got pretty much everything.
>>
>>165088546
>Caring about damage over fashion

Although the dusk crown does unironcally help a lot. I think as long as you are 80 or lower, you can be a productive mage w/out the dusk crown in invasions (not duels)
>>
>>165088765
That's not Oroboro
>>
>>165087334
>I'd change my name but I'd get banned.
Just do it offline. Also make sure you have a second character as well.
>>
Are the Winged Spear/Zweinhander worth upgrading?

I also have a Black Knight Sword.

For some reason the Claymore is nowhere to be found in my game so it's not an option.
>>
>>165088998
Yes, but only if you're going quality
>>
How are people so retarded that they actual believe the "eyes can't see more than 24 fps" gimmick perpetuated by the movie industry to create a base standard for all movies to be made at to make it easier for theaters to view them and make movies cheaper to produce?

Eyes do not have frame rate. They perceive the "screen" that you see by photons hitting your optical nerve. This doesn't happen at any interval or set time scale. It's infinite frame rate and resolution is as high as the number of nerves in your eye. (a fuck ton) In regards to what humans can tell the difference between, it is diminishing returns.

You can tell the difference between 1 fps and 2 fps because there is twice as many frames in 1 second. From 24 to 30 there is negligible difference, but you can see it. From 30 to 60 it is very VERY noticeable. It's after 60 that you start to see massive drops, and only people who are really keen will notice even from 60 to 120, but you CAN notice it.

Here's even a website showing 30 and 60 fps.
http://30vs60.com/ro2.php

Now from 60 to 120 average people won't notice it much as in Linus' video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEpIwNDeCA

but linus himself CAN notice it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IF9ZPwgDM

tl;dr the "can't see higher than 24 fps" was started by theater companies to standardize fps throughout the video in the silent movie era.
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYjFEp9Yx0
https://www.youtube.com/user/PBSQualityGroup
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn642112(v=vs.85).aspx

Please stop spreading this lie.
>>
>>165088998
Which game?
>>
>>165087265
he's just that hate-able
>>
>>165088998
black knight sword is way better than those two and one of the best ds3 greatswords
>>
>>165089156

First.
>>
>>165089151
Nobody actually cares about 30/60fps.
It's a meme.
>>
>>165089275
Yes people do. 60 is much smoother, but costs more.

That's like saying "nobody cares about VHS/IMAX. It's a meme"
>>
>>165089151
>Now from 60 to 120 average people won't notice it
The average person has a 60hz monitor. Of course they will not notice it.

If you have a 120hz monitor there is absolutely no way in hell you dont notice the difference. Everyone notices. Even my technologically inept friends notice. I have a friend who plays on consoles most of the time, 30fps games at that and even he goes "whoah, what'd you do? it's super choppy now" when I turn it from 120hz to 60hz mid game.
>>
>>165079625
>DS1: Firelink, New Londo, Darkroot, Ash Lake, Archives' Prison, Anor Londo, Kiln, Chasm of the Abyss
>DS3: Undead Settlement, Irithyll, Anor Londo, Irithyll Dungeon, Profaned Capital, Kiln
>>
Anyone up for helping a nigga through Memory of the Old Iron King?

Scholar, PC, 1.6 mil
>>
>>165089239
All of them are solid choices to be honest. Just pick the one with your favorite moveset.
>>
>>165089609
Yes. Gimme a sec to boot up.
>>
>>165076160
It would look kinda dumb if you had a permanently-on-fire sword on your back.
>>
>>165088905

The guy that gets killed is.
>>
>>165086904
Yes, it's instant curse, filthy hacker
>>
>>165088938

Fuck it. Hopefully that reddit post is wrong.
>>
>>165079625
Latria and Valley in DeS
Ash Lake and Darkroot in DS1
Irithyll Dungeon and everything that has a visible darksign sky in DS3.
Unseen Village and Lecture Building in BB.

Don't remember anything remotely atmospheric in DS2. Maybe Vendrick's room in the undead crypt but that's it.
>>
>>165087197
>twink
>doesn't even have chain

This guy is so bad
>>
>>165086904
there's an easy to do bug that lets mound makers follow hosts into the fog right now
try that
>>
FC is over, thanks for tolerating the failed summons
>>
>>165089609
>>165089657
I forgot where to get the key to actually open up the room to the armor.
>>
>>165089997
The atmosphere in SOTFS Lost Bastille/Sinners Rise/Belfry Luna is amazing. The skybox is fucking beautiful and it's very spooky.

Most areas are shit though. I think Black Gulch is creepy as fuck too but it's too short and annoying.
>>
>>165089776
Oroboro uses his DS1 fashion with twinswords.
>everyone that names themselves Oroboro is the real Oroboro
>>
File: 2016-01-27_00001.jpg (249KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-27_00001.jpg
249KB, 1360x768px
>>165090207
>talks about beautiful skyboxes
>leaves out Heide's
nigga
>>
>>165090207
DS2 has a very weak ambience compared to other game in series which completely ruins any immersion for me. It doesn't help that i consider art direction of DS2 extremely weak compared to actual games of Miyazaki. There's multiple unsettling and incredibly atmospheric moments in all games done by him but i just don't feel anything in DS2.
>>
>>165090125
from foyer, go one level down
there's a locked door and an open passage
go through to the outside area where the big guys emerge from the ground
key is at the far end I think
>>
File: 1476140653967.jpg (90KB, 951x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1476140653967.jpg
90KB, 951x1021px
Is it worth it to do a dex- luck hollow bleed build?

Is it fun?
>>
>>165090241

It's on PS4.
It's his actual PSN name, not character name.
He was streaming at the time.
>>
>>165089151
Because what the eye can differentiate depends entirely on the content, not the framerate.

The eye rarely notices more than 24fps in film because cameras record a whole frame over time, including motion blur. Higher FPS is only noticable when there's lots of CGI or digital photography without motion blur. Video games are an extreme of this.
>>
>>165090490
God name? I'm 2.55m so you might need to pop a soul or two.
>>
Are there any re-occurring weapons throughout these games that you find yourself loving in one game but absolutely despising in another?
>>
>>165090485
How does SotFS have a weak ambience compared to fucking DaS1? Almost the entire first half of the game is Undead Burg, Slightly Darker Undead Burg, Generic Sewer, and Poison Undead Burg.

Anor Londo is good.

The second half is two extremely shitty neon lava levels, Dark Undead Burg With Ghosts, an okay library, Generic Cave and Dark Cave. Kiln is okay though.

How much can you suck Miyazaki's dick?
>>
>>165090656
It smashes through PvE like nothing else.
>>
>>165090853
Probably the bks/bkgs
They were boring in das2
>>
>>165090853
yes, mlgs
absolutely unusable garbage in des
godly in ds1
absolutely unusable garbage in ds2 after nerf
godly in bb
mediocre as fuck though still highly usable because it's a big greatsword in ds3
>>
>>165090661
You didn't even watch the "History of Framerate" video did you? They literally talked about this in the video.

Having a lower frame rate caused jittering because it has to use the 3:2 telecine. If you want the actual time that they talk about it, it's 10:40.

STOP BEING STUPID. You CAN and DO see it. You CAN and DO see the jittering on consoles in games that don't have interlace fixes such as dark souls.
https://youtu.be/6yfVbVR6S40?t=234

STOP BEING STUPID.
>>
>>165090929
Cool. Whats a good weapon for it?

I was planning on using the burdpeople scythe and crow claws for maximum edgyness.
>>
File: 1438524564459.png (23KB, 306x232px) Image search: [Google]
1438524564459.png
23KB, 306x232px
>>165091034
>absolutely unusable garbage in des
>good damage to bosses
>cuts through shield babies like butter

>absolutely unusable garbage in ds2 after nerf
How so
>>
>>165090792
Nehma Goddess of Love
>>
File: 1378180523701.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1378180523701.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>>165049430
Sup /DSG/ could somebody nice help me with Oceiros? been stuck there for hours,,,

PS4
SL: 44
>>
>>165091132
Anri's straight sword is the best one for pve, but anything with innate bleed works.
>>
File: 1429254672262.jpg (238KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429254672262.jpg
238KB, 600x500px
>>165091147
Sign's down.
Let's do this quick. I have to poo.
>>
>>165091282
Neat. Thanks
>>
>>165091132
Great Corvian Scythe is an extremely high tier weapon in general for having the longest possible non WA reach in the game. Use that.
>>
>>165091050
>Stop being stupid
It's scientifically proven that stupid people aren't aware of and can't accept the fact that they're stupid.

>>165091132
Crow quills WA can proc bleed for each dagger that hits, IIRC, so that can work pretty gud with rouge.
>>
>Invade someone during a boss fight
>There are sunfags
>Help them fight the boss to earn their trust, then when the boss has little help pick on the host and kill him while the phantoms deal the finishing blow to the boss
>get and ember and a sun medal from the boss and an ember and a shackle from the host

This is the most fun I've ever had in this piece of shit game
>>
>>165090892
>How does SotFS have a weak ambience compared to fucking DaS1
Because DS1 actually invests into audio design and has great art direction unlike DS2.
Darkroot alone worth more than anything you can visit in DS2. It feels like a mysterious forest full of dangerous things with invaders that could pop up at any moment. Burg is nothing like Blighttown and Blighttown also leads to the Ash Lake, by far the most atmospheric place in the entire franchise.
>>
>>165091498
The only hope we have is that they can understand what they are being told is actually true with facts and math to back it up. There is no proof of the "eyes can only see 24" meme at all. No math because eyes don't have frame rate, no facts because it was started to standardize movies, and it's just spewed by companies so they don't have to actually upgrade their consoles.
>>
>>165091050
You didn't even read my post?

I said that people -do- notice over 24 fps, but only in video games or when digital photography is used. In traditional film 24 fps is more than enough.
>>
>>165091386
Wait it does?
>>
>>165091136
in des it's a fucking greatsword with 300 AR
it doesn't matter that it can pierce shields, it's shit and is tied to a worst attack stat in des
in ds2 it's a gs with shitty ugs moveset and total inability to aim its beams, if i want to use magic greatsword there's no reason to not go with watcher gs instead
>>
File: 1472078541906.jpg (9KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472078541906.jpg
9KB, 214x200px
>>165091498
So if I think I'm stupid I'm at least not completely stupid?

Cause i think im REALLY stupid
>>
File: free-film-strip-border-template.png (39KB, 3222x952px) Image search: [Google]
free-film-strip-border-template.png
39KB, 3222x952px
>>165091725
Yeah, in literal film. LITERAL film they won't notice the stutter.

In DIGITAL you're surely going to notice it. Using an HDMI? Stutter is there. Using a 60hz TV/Monitor? Stutter is there.
Doing anything other than using an actual film projector? Stutter is there.
>>
>>165091136
>>165091034
>absolutely unusable garbage in ds2 after nerf

Yeah, except for still being the longest and highest AR greatsword in the game while having low weight and scaling with the best offensive magic.

But sure let's call it "unusable garbage" because it's not RITB, Santier's Spear, Chaos Blade, or Estoc.
>>
>>165091831
Yes. It's the longest weapon, also with good horizontal range. It's completely overpowered.
>>
>>165091947
>longest
with such a shit moveset it doesn't matter
if i want to use ugs, i will use ugs
fuck, i will go with fake mlgs over that lump of plastic
>highest AR greatsword
you're forgetting that it's a FULLY ELEMENTAL greatsword which means it gets absolutely facefucked against anyone with decent magic resistance unlike physical weapons
>>
>>165089997
Shulva was atmospheric as fuck imo.

>visible Darksign sky
I'm so fucking pissed off that Dark Souls 3 dodn't receive the same love and care as Bloodborne did.

Imagine if the Darksign Sky appeared like around mid-game after defeating 2 LoCs that you could choose the order of yourself and then the darksign sky would set in and make areas harder and put a permafinger effect on you? Maybe even spawn extra enemies in some locations like the beasts of Hemwick.

>>165090207
Lost Bastille and Fofg are pretty cool areas.
>>
>>165091832
>total inability to aim its beams
That's like, totally on you, man.
>>
>>165091237
Anyone? Please? down to my last 3 embers..
>>
>>165092312
Alright
putting my sign down
>>
>>165092229
>I'm so fucking pissed off that Dark Souls 3 dodn't receive the same love and care as Bloodborne did.
First darksign sky view was already atmospheric as hell because it's a precise moment when you understand that world got completely and irreversibly fucked, add pilgrim butterflies to the mix and you get some nightmarish version of Ragnarok going on.
>>
>>165092312
This is your challenge for the privilage to twink. You are on your own, pal.
>>
>all these Yhorm boss battles where no one has or knows to use the storm ruler but me
i'm a hero
>>
>>165092229
>I'm so fucking pissed off that Dark Souls 3 didn't receive the same love and care as Bloodborne did.
That's what you get with Bamco. That's why all three Dark Souls games are unfinished shit. And why DeS and BB are the only good ones.
>>
>>165092449
Can't see it.

Password: win
>>
>>165092543
i forgot when i used it for the last time
it's either Sieg doing all work or me just stunning his right hand and forcing ripostes on him
>>
>>165092658
it's just weird that so many new players haven't figured it out, i'm use to all players gang raping him to death with it. instead it's just me and sometimes Sieg
>>
>>165090853
Crescent Axe.

>pretty gud in DeS
>shit in DS1
>shit in DS2
>fucking amazing in BB(Hunter Axe)
>good in DS3

Dragonslayer axe
>shit in DS2(but I use it for the cool factor)
>Great in DS3

Battle Axe
>good in DeS
>shit in DaS1
>good in DaS2
>great in DaS3
>>
>>165092559
DeS was unfinished too though. They cut out one sixth of the game. Sixth archstone was going to be a snowy castle level with man-beast enemies and shit.

Makes me wonder if they just repurposed it into Painted World of Ariamis, since that was the first level designed for DaS1 and shows influences of more DeS-style level design.
>>
>>165091332
Thanks! Now my katana arsenal is almost complete.
>>
>>165092592
I'm trying to get back
>>
>>165092926
It's very much possible.

>>165092559
>DeS and BB were the only good ones
DaS1 is a fucking good game and desu DeS is nowadays kinda janky shit and DaS3 is better than DeS in most regards except checkpointing.
>>
>>165091237
I'd like to point out that was your first attempt at the boss tbqh and you haven't been stuck here for hours
>>
>>165092449
Thanks man!
>>
File: 1475441045326.jpg (697KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475441045326.jpg
697KB, 2560x1440px
What is the meta meme levels for das3? All mu characters stop at 125. Wut was it supposed to be?

Should i care if its higher?
>>
>>165092920
Crescent axe and dragonslayer axe are both pretty decent in DaS2.
>>165091034
>Best weapon of the meta class in ds3.
>mediocre
>>165092197
The only move of MLGS from UGS class is 2hr1. Since mages mostly use 1h moveset of weapons anyway, it's fine. (but it's still garbage because 1hr2 is by far the best attack of DaS2 greatswords and mlgs doesn't have that.)
>>
>>165091136
>LSOM
>good damage
come on son
at 50 faith it has 316 magic AR

a blessed claymore has 272 magic + 167 phys

makoto, a 0 scaling low req katana with amazing bleed has 300 AR

a 50 dex sharp uchi has 331 and can be buffed

demonbrandt, a 0 scaling low req greatsword you can get at the very start of the game, has 260/220

LSOM was total shit
even its shield piercing was worthless since claymore could dead angle so very easily and with more range
>>
>>165093696
DS3 mlgs is good but i won't go as far as calling it the best weapon in class. Still extremely solid.
>>
are great shield builds !fun! ?
>>
>>165094054
It's the most stat efficient and most damaging greatsword. You can argue that hollowslayer has better moveset, but MLGS is at least on par with it.
>>165094224
>Right hand greatshield
>Left hand parting pyro flame
>"Kick" with greatshield
>Black flame
well...
>>
>>165094224
Sometimes
>>
>>165049430
Hey /dsg/ anyone up for helping a poor soul fight Champion Gundyr?

PS4 SL45 password: 4chan
>>
>>165094739
How about you do it by yourself?
>>
>>165094739
>>165092592
>>165092312
>>165091237
>(You)

gitgud mate.
>>
>>165094739
If you can parry Iudex, you can parry Champ.
>>
File: 1472688036997.jpg (32KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1472688036997.jpg
32KB, 412x430px
>>165094739
GET THE STUPID RING ON YOUR OWN WE WONT HELP YOU TWINK

LEARN TO PARRY

seriously, its really easy if you learn to parry
>>
>>165093695
Anyone?
>>
>>165093695
>>
>>165095225
So, is 125 bad or is it close enough?
>>
>>165095225
did i fuck up leveling my character past 120, i think im sitting on 140 right now, whats the line where the amount of people you are able to play with significantly decreases? (if there is one)
>>
>>165095387
>>165095317
125 should be fine, but too much further than that means you won't connect as easy. 140s can't invade 120s in DaS3 like they could in DaS1.
Also, if you come to FCs, sometimes the host is SL100, meaning anything above 122 is downscaled.
>>
>>165092450
Yeah, but considering what it's a reference to, I'm disappointed it had absolutely no in-game effect. I guess in BB the setting was focused on one might of the hunt but even still the game could've done something imo.

Demon Ruins also makes me think they were planning a Chalice Dungeon equivalent for DS3 but backed out of it.
>>
File: ()989.jpg (22KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
()989.jpg
22KB, 349x344px
>>165094484
>havels
>not ormareeves with sanctum shield
Besides, you always do less damage to players in peeveepee.
>>
Someone remind me, you can't get invaded on a character in DaS3 unless you've invaded someone else at least once, right? So babbies who just want to play through the game solo won't get invaded? This beyond the game prioritizing hosts with phantoms present already.
>>
>>165096738
What? No.
>>
File: the best.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
I played DS2 and 3, I tried to play DS1 more than once, but I always get tired of it and stop playing it before I finish.
>>
>>165097075
All I have is DaS1 for pc so I'm slogging through it. My mainstays are grand strategy and total war games, so it's proving tough. Looking forward to clearing it eventually and rewarding myself with DaS2.
>>
>>165095584
>140s can't invade 120s in DaS3 like they could in DaS1.
The connection calculator says you can. 10 + 10% downwards meaning 142 can invade 120.
>>
>>165097372
I thought it was just 10% in 3 to try and prevent twinking.
>>
>>165097372
That is for duels.
>>
>>165094484
>not powerstancing Orma and Reeves

Shame
>>
>>165097562
>>165097578
Dam you're right, sorry
>>
File: 1466367843990.png (2MB, 1000x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1466367843990.png
2MB, 1000x1520px
>>165096889
My husbando <3
>>
>>165095584
>140s can't invade 120s in DaS3 like they could in DaS1
you could invade 120 only with up to 133 in ds1
>>
File: 1380666940953.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380666940953.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>165097326
>rewarding myself with DaS2
>>
>>165099187
le meme
>>
File: 1328316918556.jpg (36KB, 470x719px) Image search: [Google]
1328316918556.jpg
36KB, 470x719px
Whats the key to Pyromancy?
>>
>>165099527
what game
>>
>>165099527
Depends. How annoying do you want to be?
>>
>>165099527
Equiping the glove.
>>
what is your favorite damage type when you disregard actual combat effectiveness?
>>
>>165099841
Divine / Occult
>>
File: ravelord nito.jpg (450KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ravelord nito.jpg
450KB, 900x1280px
>>165099841
Any of the 'Normal' types. No shitty effects on hit, just that sweet sound of connection.
>>
>>165099841
Fire, Lightning or Blessed/Divine. It all seems like total shit compared to pure physical though due to the builds/playstyle I almost always use in any of these games.
>>
Did the BKGA get needed or something? I dont feel like its doing as much damage as it used to
>>
File: 20170109173346_1.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170109173346_1.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
>A Team

Don't mind the WoB emblem, I figured I wanted to give blueberries a chance to do something in case someone showed up, but for some reason nobody has yet.
>>
>3 bonfire ascetics from iron keep
Where do I use these lads?
If I used two in one area does it count as NG++ and I can get cool shit?
>>
>>165100661
>f I used two in one area does it count as NG++
Yes
>I can get cool shit?
Depends on the area
>>
File: 20170110005704_1.jpg (325KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170110005704_1.jpg
325KB, 1680x1050px
She has such a filthy mouth
>>
>>165100776
What's the best to use on?
I'm barely at dragleic castle and everything but the DLC areas are done
Any cool drops for faith builds?
>>
File: 1482615747417.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1482615747417.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
Why does it cost 216000 souls to remove 1 sin ?
>>
>>165099703
>>165099695
>>165099527
I've sword and boarded it all through DaS3 but I have enough stats to do pyromancy. My hand has been reenforced as much as I can with shards. I've bought a couple of pyrmancies. But how viable is it? Currently facing aldrich.
>>
>>165101139
It all depends on what you want.
It's your build. Look at armor and weapons and shit on the wikis and figure out what fancies you.
>>
>>165101287
watch that pvpskillz guy video on yt :^

it's actually a really well made video and gives a lot of good tips for pvp. if pve, just use fireball-->fire orb-->chaos vestiges
>>
Am I wasting my time and fun by never going human?

My general thought is "meh, I might die next corner anyway, so why bother" so I don't even spend humanities.

Playing first game.
>>
>>165102040
Well, you need to go human to kindle the bonfires. so you're at a disadvantage if you're never going human
>>
>>165101280

Because you're overleveled.
>>
>>165099841
Strength or quality. I like UGS.

Second would be physical strike damage, which is very satisfying to hit with. I love Gyrm Great Hammer in DS2 for that reason, since it feels like you're breaking bones with each hit.
>>
>>165101897
ok
>>
>>165101280
you're paying the price for those 5 ez levels
>>
File: FREEEEIDE but with END.png (268KB, 967x560px) Image search: [Google]
FREEEEIDE but with END.png
268KB, 967x560px
So anyways, was this a good build?

What ring should I even use as 4th ring?
>>
>>165102207
It's a shame Cathedral Knight UGS in Dark Souls 3 doesn't do a bit more damage, as it's really sweet having strike damage for the normal swings and thrust for the pokes. It even has a 2h r1 -> 2h r2 true combo in PvP. The damage is subpar though, so it doesn't shine as much as it could (beyond being an UGS which is already bad in PvP). It looks great too.
>>
>>165100661
Cardinal Bonfire will get you 3 titanite chunks from a chest, and 2 easy bosses (pursuer + last giant) to farm for souls. This lets you get your weapon up to +9 or +10 really early.

Using it at the Saltfort with the Lost Sinner can get you Flame Weapon, which can be very useful in Brightstone Cove or Gutter.

Skeleton lords drop Clear Bluestone +2 and Executioner's Chariot drops Chlroanthy +2. Both are great, especially bluestone if you are a mage.

those are probably all the best places to use it before Iron Keep.

Belfry Sol is also a good place to use it later on, so you can farm spices.
>>
>>165102520
You can make it on a Knight for more vitality and FP actually.
>>
Do greatshield bashes do strike damage in DS2?
>>
>>165102520
Ditch Life Ring and put Wolf, Havel's, and get some Poise.
>>
>>165102839
Not sure about that

>>165102896
but the cosplay!
>>
>>165103041
>caestus
>cosplay
>>
>>165102879
All greatshield attacks do strike, but if you're using the bash instead of a jump attack you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>165103041
>cosplay
>caestus
>fire witch gloves

You already aren't cosplaying.
>>
your daily reminder that Pontiff Sully did absolutely nothing wrong, and that his harem of outrider knights were probably far happier then when they had free will so it isn't a bad thing
>>
>>165102520

>Freide
>ei
>>
>>165103041
You don't need 16 STR, only 13. And 11 Faith. Knight costs 1 stat point more than Warrior but it gives you more attunement (not too useful) and more Vitality (useful so you can put on better armor).
>>
>>165103041
Why 16 str and 12 fth?
>>
>>165103380
FREEEIDE

MUH FLAYUL
>>
>>165102040
It makes not a whole lot of difference either way. You probably should use himanity to kindle bonfires though.
>>
How common is it to be gravelorded in DaS1 these days? I've never actually done a NG+ playthrough of the game.
>>
File: fuck u.png (265KB, 965x558px) Image search: [Google]
fuck u.png
265KB, 965x558px
>>165103568
>>165103545
>>165103380
>>165103219
>>165103215
Ok, here
>>
>>165103775
I never see it because I never go into NG+ for pvp accessibility, but my latest character had to go into NG+ for armor. I'll go through NG+ with you if you want.
>>
How would you feel if they nerfed Friede?
>>
>>165104039
I'd still have no reason to replay the DLC or the game
>>
File: 1400675536000.jpg (32KB, 274x258px) Image search: [Google]
1400675536000.jpg
32KB, 274x258px
>>165104039
thankfully they won't
>that one speedrunner doing souls speedrun marathon who spent the same amount of time on her as on entirety of des
>>
>>165103901
You realize that NG cycles don't matter for connections?
>>
>>165104039
I'd feel like Bandai would have forced this because casuals cry all over internet

>FRIEDE IS TOO HARD WAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>165101287
pyro is really good for most of the game, only a couple enemies resist it enough to warrant using something else
also aldritch is super weak to fire, get fire orb or vestiges and literally melt him
>>
>>165104732
Yes, I'm just bored right now.
>>
>>165104795
>casual boogeyman
Fuck off with this difficulty worship. Friede is one of the only bosses in the franchise that I think is too difficult. Orphan could also use a health nerf, but I don't find him as obnoxious because he isn't built on phase cancer. The more From listens to people like you the more they waste my time and punish me for rushing weapons early or being perfectionist.
>>
>>165097326
>rewarding myself with DaS2
don't
>>
>>165105127
she staggers, bleeds, and is vulnerable to both types of critical. if they nerfed her offense she'd be an absolute joke.
>>
>>165104795
>three fucking phases
>can turn invisible at will and do a nearly impossible to dodge grab
>builds up frostbite
>is bloodborne levels of fast
yeah, fuck off
she needs toned down
>>
>you get one NPC summon for the second and third stages
>staggers like a little bitch
>2nd stage is a fucking joke with her moveset cutdown to like 2 moves

No seriously, Friede is fine.
>>
>>165105713
>he doesn't follow her when she jumps
>he doesn't dump his entire stamina bar into her for free every time she tries her edgy scythe grab
>>
File: bite__by_8939-d4se0ke.png (610KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
bite__by_8939-d4se0ke.png
610KB, 900x668px
Can I get some webms of you guys doing cool anime shit? I want to get this game but all I've heard about it's pvp is that its shit, slow, boring and there is no variety. However cool anime shit may change my opinion.
>>
>>165104856
ayy nice.
>>
>>165105713
>impossible to dodge grab
>invisible
You can tell where she goes if you're the least bit attentive. The grab is also really fucking easy to dodge.

Gtfo, casual.
>>
>>165105860
Why the fuck do we care if you get into 'this game?' Btw the series has 4-5 games you raging moron.
It would take you like 5 seconds to go on Youtube to find pvp footage.
>>
Anyone got a webm of the first move Friede does on the third phase?

I love that attack
>>
>>165104039
but shit people just summon and she spends the fight stunlocked
>>
>>165105860
Nob off you tosspot
>>
File: 393495.png (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
393495.png
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>165106125
>Why the fuck do we care if you get into 'this game?'

I don't know, why do you post on an internet forum about a game when you could be playing the game? Because you have autism. I figured this would be the place to find cool shit.

Searching on youtube just yields people talking like this: "Hey guys, welcome back to another youtube video and today I wanted to talk about this weapon and its not good and its not bad but yeah, thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe"

If you don't want to post that's fine.

>>165106275
sod off you fucking mong
>>
>>165105713
>he never fought Priscilla
>>
Can anyone help me take down the Chariot at the Undead Purgatory? I can do it myself, it's just a pain in the ass and I wanna get it done with.

I'm on PC, and I have the name-engraved ring set for Nehma. SL 48 SM 345259
>>
>>165106474
priscilla only turns invisible once and doesnt have 3 healthbars
>>
>>165105860
The whole point of dark souls is to figure out how to do your own cool anime shit instead of asking other people for it.

If the game plays slow and boring with no variety, it's your own damn fault for not knowing how the systems work.
>>
>>165106549
Forgot to mention I'm on SotFS
>>
>>165106672
>>165106549
Protip: Buy poison arrows from gavlan. 3 arrows should poison him (4 if you have low dex). Poison him twice and he goes down like a bitch.
>>
>>165106549
if you hit him with something as he's jumping over the pit he'll fall in
>>
I'm currently doing a Sellsword Twinblade run.
Why is this the easiest run I've done of the game? Only boss to give me serious trouble so far is Friede. I still have NK , Friede (her 3rd stage killed me so I decided to leave her be and get stronger), and Soul of Cinder left.
>>
>>165106864
That actually works? It sounds too good to be true
>>
>DSCM says there are 3 people in Blighttown who are human
Summon me you fucks
>>
>>165106549
>needing help for Chariot
>literally just a level disguised as a boss where getting another person to help you doesn't make it any easier
You do realize that getting more people just makes it harder since you'll be fighting for cubbyholes, right? All you need is a decent 100% physical block shield and decent timing to kill the Necromancers.
>>
>>165107039
Yeah, I forgot how small the cubbyholes are.

But I have the Draenglic Shield
>>
>>165107039
You don't even need a shield if you're gud enough.
I remember beating every non-DLC boss in that game with no shield.
>>
>>165107002
Good fucking luck

Maybe you'll get summoned in the next 2 hours
>>
>>165107002
Guess 3 people are about to be twinked
>>
>>165106368
Go watch single player videos of boss fights. A lot of bosses (especially in DS3) have flashy and crazy attacks.

Dark Souls doesn't make badass stuff easy though, you have to work -hard- to feel badass, and that makes it more rewarding.

it really isn't even meant to be a pvp centered game, it's just that most of its replay value is in pvp.
>>
Why are Katanas so shit in III? Their damage is garbage, but they take as long as a GS to swing.
>>
>>165107372
Use Chaos Blade or WP
>>
File: NO TIME.png (172KB, 1196x620px) Image search: [Google]
NO TIME.png
172KB, 1196x620px
>>165107039
>>165107276
>>165107171
>>165106549

.....I just wanted the souls....
>>
>>165106190
http://webmland.com/w/9tya/
>>
>>165107517

I'm going to switch to to Curved Swords as soon as I can. I'm running a Dex/Luck build for the first time and got the Uchigatana, and I figured I might as well try it.

I was not impressed.
>>
>>165107002
>trying to get summoned in blighttown

why

wasn't playing through it once bad enough?
>>
Anybody wanna help out a niBBa at farron keep?

Password: dsg
>>
>>165107689
Get a Falchion or Scimitar then
Sellsword Twinblades are great too
>>
>>165107737
I just want those last few sunlight medals for GLS
>>
>>165105585
Give her slightly longer fucking recovery. She dashes away after everything, and if you manage to hit her it's because her AI throws out an attack instead of a dash, or you have a weapon with hyper armor and you mashed R1 through her string, or you parried. She has so few legitimate openings, and if you play carefully you can go over a minute swinging at her without connecting. She's hard in a way that's shitty design.
>>
>>165052928

>>Favourite boss
Maiden Astraea

>>Favourite fight
O+S

>>Favourite area
Tower of Latria

>>Favourite theme
Gwyn

>>Favourite weapon
Scraping Spear

>>Favourite game
Dark Souls
>>
>>165107789
Just ring the bell and put your sign down for O&S. No one needs help with Quelaag in 2017.
>>
>>165107789
You could try Sif (if you're at a low SL), Four Kings or at the entrance to Sens if you want to get it before Anor Londo.
>>
File: 20170108003549_1.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170108003549_1.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>>165108071
oh yeah?
>>
>make a DLC you can sprint through in ten minutes
>put in an awful NPC boss fight at the bottom of a pit
>try to inflate the experience by adding an exceptionally difficult boss at the end so a thirty minute cake walk becomes a five hour struggle
>people defend it
Woah...
>>
New
>>165109036
>>165109036
>>165109036
>>
In darks souls 2 tank build needs how much adp and vit?
>>
Sorry for booting you out of my world, i need to rest up at a bonfire i have nothing left
>>
>>165109086
Depends what you're wearing
>>
>>165094739
>SL45
>can't solo champ
LOL
Thread posts: 765
Thread images: 130

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.