[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's and Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 761
Thread images: 103

File: ds3 build skill index.png (64KB, 500x869px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 build skill index.png
64KB, 500x869px
Truthbomb edition

thy peace discov'red >>164874282

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/Q35HE3X5
>>
*unsheathes greatsword*
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (1).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (1).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>164939838
So after beating my third run in Dark Souls 3 and replaying Dark Souls 1, I'm going to play Scholar of The First Sin for the first time. I've heard it changes up some of the vanilla game, and adds all the DLC. I also remember little to nothing about about the base game. What should I be wary of and what should I look out, things that are different from 1 & 3.
>>
>>164940080

It feels way slower, and you'll want to level Adaptability until your Agility is at LEAST 99, preferably 105. Otherwise your rolls will have fewer iframes.

It's a long game, too. So don't try and rush and don't try and burn through the levels.
>>
>>164940080
Be prepared to get gangbanged by an army of enemies at any given moment
>>
>>164939235
>for elemental, it's:
>Attack * (1- (.1 + Armor/1000)) = Damage
Are you sure that this is the latest formula? I remember people were saying that they removed that 10% innate elemental defense. And because of that dark longsword meta took place.
>>164940180
If you can roll properly you can beat the game at 88 agility without much trouble.
>>
Are Dancer's Enchanted Swords viable yet?
>>
>>164940441
Yes. Distribute split damage stats properly and even CMS is viable.
>>
>>164940080
Don't try to pull enemies with bow/magic, they will agro in groups, you CAN pull them 1 by 1 most of the time my moving very slowly, and most encounters you can backtrack into a chokepoint.
Agility to 92/96/99/105
Equip load matters, don't try to choose the game by constantly sitting at 70% equip load and still getting your "fast" rolls, your roll distance is shorter than a DS1 medium roll and you regen stamina far slower.
Scholar really doesn't like you skipping enemies to try boss rushes, while it is doable in most cases don't think that just sprinting past everything is going to solve your issues.
The game with all the DLC is by far the biggest in the series and odds are you will miss quite a bit of it, don't try to burn through it fast.

THINK before rushing into enemies, Scholars favorite trick is placing a bunch of enemies that will agro onto you as a group if you try to just bumrush them, nearly every ambush area can either be mitigated a hell of a lot by good positioning and chokepoints, and a lot of them can be avoided alltogether
>>
File: 1483733380001.gif (94KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1483733380001.gif
94KB, 500x275px
Never played ds2 here, was crossbow-only viable for pvp?

According to Limit Breakers, the Sanctum Crossbow is extremely OP.
https://youtu.be/jNXBrGd3Nc4
>>
>>164940080
DaS2 takes "quantity over quality" to heart
>>
>>164940080
What emote is that?
>>
>>164941124
Short answer: no.
Not against anyone who can press a botton to roll. And knows about it's turning gimmick.
You can try doing affinity + sanctum crossbow, if opponent doesn't know how to properly dodge affinity (which is a fairly hard thing to do) it will be viable. Or HCSM + sanctum crossbow,
>>
>>164941254
By my sword
>>
>>164941254
By my sword! Summon Black Hand Gotthard to get it.
>>
>>164940080
Dex scaling is only 60% of Str scaling, but boosts poison and bleed damage. So if you want to use a dex weapon, infuse it with an element and scale with Fire/Lightning/Magic/Dark instead, OR, infuse it with bleed/poison.

Scaling adds a flat bonus rather than %, so it matters more for lower base attack weapons.

Bonfire ascetics let you advance certain areas to NG+ without having to go there, so they are exceptionally good

Enemies will stop respawning after 12-15 deaths.

Don't try to farm item drops unless you want to burn ascetics. Item drop rates get lower and lower each time you kill an enemy. If you want a drop, use a bonfire ascetic after the enemy stops respawning.

Each time you die, your max health drops. There's a ring in Heide's Tower that limits it to 25%, but without the ring it can reach 50%. Going back to human restores your health.

You can dual wield most weapons through power stance, by having 1.5x the equip requirements for both of them. This has a lot of different movesets, some of which are unique, available.
>>
File: 1473825042517.png (302KB, 366x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473825042517.png
302KB, 366x427px
>sl1 run
>kill Gravetendies and Not Siff
>decide to check the arena
>zero matches

Fucking casual garbage playerbase
>>
I fucking love the Twin Princes Greatsword. The weapon arts fuck with people so much, even if it does minimal damage sometimes.
>>
>>164939838
Could someone explain the 'Defense/ Absorption' stats? What column should I be more concerned about?
>>
>>164941124
The only reason the crossbows were "OP" in that video was because he was quick scoping them against low level players.
>>
>>164941587

won't even find them at SL 25
>>
>>164941496
>Dex scaling is only 60% of Str scaling
I really want to know where this meme started.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16VTSt4YkfppS1YZuK8kYj0WS_Mo4vuNxnGHf2StmQic/edit#gid=2117584104
The best STR scaling weapons go up to 120% STR bonus, the best DEX weapons go up to 100% DEX bonus.

STR weapons tend to have higher base damage, dex weapons have higher counter damage
>>
>>164941496
>Dex scaling is only 60% of Str scaling, but boosts poison and bleed damage. So if you want to use a dex weapon, infuse it with an element and scale with Fire/Lightning/Magic/Dark instead, OR, infuse it with bleed/poison.
That's only true for quality weapons.
>Enemies will stop respawning after 12-15 deaths.
Not if you're in CoC.
>Item drop rates get lower and lower each time you kill an enemy. If you want a drop, use a bonfire ascetic after the enemy stops respawning.
Wut? Was that a result of some test?
>>
So ive been havin a bit of fun playing DS3 gankin in the acrchdragon place. However ive noticed two hackers since doing this. Luckily the first after almost insta killing me ran off a ledge. The second turned invis and nearly killed me but stopped and I black stoned out both were 3 man parties waiting around. This is my first dark souls on PC and my first time pvping as its the end of my NG. Are the odds of finding a hacker usually one in 10? Still lots of fun though and I even hackers wont stop me from unsheathing my katana.
>>
>>164941746
It's the letter.

S dex = minimum 60% of your Dex bonus
S Str = minimum 100% of your Str bonus

There are only a few wepaons that have > 60% dex scaling in DS2.

Weapons that are "C/A" are actually quality. That's ~ 45%/45%

Weapons that are C/C are actually strength. That's ~ 45%/25%

The only dex weapons with higher counter damage are katanas.

It's not a meme, it's in the game, and in the spreadsheet you linked. The vast majority of dex scaling weapons cap out around 70%, with a FEW exceptions (mostly DLC) added that scale up to 100%.
>>
>>164940080
The most important of all: Durability is an actual mechanic in DS2, weapons with low durability WILL break by just doing a single area if you don't deal enough damage per hit, carry a spare or some repair powders
>>
>>164941910
>>164941842
>>164941746

Also, when you infuse a dex weapon, your scaling is moved by the -letter- not by the percentage.

So if you have B scaling in Dex (45%) and you infuse it to get a B scaling in Fth (65%) you just gained an extra 20% scaling for the same level investment.

But B str goes to B fth, from 65% to 65%.

The point where strength scaling weapons tend to become better uninfused (for the same level investment) is about 300-400 elemental defense.

The point where dex weapons become better uninfused is around 500 elemental defense.
>>
>>164941910
>The only dex weapons with higher counter damage are katanas.
And rapiers.
>>
File: sanctumroll5.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sanctumroll5.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>164941124
Yes, they were pretty great, but underused

It's not hard to hit people with when you know what you're doing
The sanctum repeating crossbow will very easily hit people through their rolls and chain stun them for 1000+ at close range
The sanctum crossbow will outtrade just about anything
Both crossbow L2s can be immediately used DURING roll recovery causing your spine to twist

I've never seen more people ragequit than when I used them in the arena
>>
So I was playing in Lothric Castle and got invaded by someone called "TheZepe15" who was clearly cheating.

He kept changing colours from purple to white and even followed me into the bossfight where he ganked me and my 3 friends.

This is on PS4 mind you. How do I contact Fromsoft to get him banned?
>>
>>164941910
Nigga I gave you a goddamn spreadsheet.
Zweihander, 55% STR scaling.

Go read through it pure DEX weapons tend to have good DEX scaling
>Ricards 100%
>Loyce GS 100%
>Eleum Loyce 97%
>Monscy 70%
>Blacksteel 100%
>chaos blade 80%
>Alonne swrord 95%

Dedicated dex weapons scale with DEX, they scale slightly lower than STR weapons, but STR weapons have lower counter damage, KUGS has 120% STR scaling but 1.1 counter, Blacksteel has 100% DEX scaling but 1.5 counter

The LETTERS don't mean jack shit, Alonnes starts with S scaling and like 20% DEX scaling, ends with S scaling and 95% DEX Scaling.
I linked the spreadsheet for a reason.
>>
>>164942234
If he wasn't invincible, then he wasn't hacking, but was abusing a bug that allows players to invade boss rooms.
>>
>>164942234
write an email.

Just kidding, suck it up nerd. Exploits exist. Maybe they'll fix it, but probably not.
>>
File: autumn colored anime girl.jpg (537KB, 1060x1060px) Image search: [Google]
autumn colored anime girl.jpg
537KB, 1060x1060px
>literally every axe in the game has the exact same r2 attacks, ranging from the thrall axe to the dragonslayer greataxe
lol dark souls 3 moveset variety sure is something

I remember when I played DS2 and I gave it shit for having so many duplicate weapons with the exact same movesets, but atleast it actually had a bunch of different moves within each weapon category
>>
>>164942269
Did you read your own spreadsheet? It literally is saying what I'm saying. Almost no dex weapons have >50% scaling, while almost every strength weapon does, and almost all the quality weapons have more strength scaling than dex.

You're using a few exceptions (mostly DLC items meant to fix the broken dex scaling) to try and ignore the general trend that almost all dex weapons cap out at 60% scaling, and most of them don't gain counter bonuses. Of the few that do, it's only 10-20% higher for a 20-30% loss in actual damage compared to a strength version of that same weapon.

The letters -do- matter because that is what determines the scaling bonus you get from infusion. Infused dex weapons gain more damage than infused strength weapons, except when the dex weapons have

Use dex weapons for the moveset, not scaling. Infuse them and scale them with Int/Fth Unless they're one of the few excamples with >80% dex scaling, but you have no way of finding that out unless you check them on the spreadsheet because the in-game letters are not equivalent.

Weapons like the claymore are always going to do more damage with strength investment rather than dex investment despite being "quality" weapons because dex is 60% scaling compared to str.
>>
>Sinh is the literal best boss in DaS2
>literally never get summoned for him
life is pain
>>
>>164943021
>the only boss i still get summoned for is fume fag
>they always summon the worthless npc and die to random attacks
soul memory was a mistake
>>
>>164943021
I didn't realize you were a scalie Anon.
>>
>>164943123
Why did you make me google this you fucking furfag
>>
>>164943110
I recall him being pretty easy honestly. Took me two attempts to beat him, only boss in DaS2 I actually liked because for some reason he wasn't total bullshit to fight.
>>
>>164942767
Dumb ds2 shitter
https://youtu.be/zKWVDRiczek
Ds2 axe move variety is on par with ds3.
>>
>>164942873
100% is 60% worse than 120%
I maintain, dedicated DEX weapons scale well with DEX and are by no means "60% worse scaling" than STR weapons
>>
>>164943176
>He doesn't know.
ruh-roh.
>>
>>164943191
I solo'd him on ng+ after beating him with summons and feeling bad about it
he's pretty cool because he has no bullshit mechanics or camera freaking out, just nice attacks you need to learn the patterns of
>>
Anyone hosting an fc tonight?
If not I can, my guy is 118 and I don't feel like doing anything else. If not I'll go play Doom 64 or somethin' I need to finish that still.
>>164943261
Which is what I wanted from DaS2 from the first place, no bullshit just a big ass creature to lovingly apply my weapon to and beat down, every other damn NPC bos
>>
>>164943313
>>164943261
wew. I got cut off, every other damn boss flips the fuck out and tracks you immensely. Only boss which felt fair in my opinion and I really enjoyed it. I got hit significantly less than what I usually do, no really the omnipotent tracking, heavy damage you suffer for no reason isn't fun to deal with thanks.
>>
>>164941124
>Never played ds2 here, was crossbow-only viable for pvp?
It was only viable back when avelyn was actually good. After they nerfed it, crossbows became basically the worst crossbows in series. Sanctum can deal a lot of damage per special shot but it's telegraphed as shit, virtually all good players will just avoid it.
>>
>>164943194
Mate, I don't think you understood my point. That video you linked is JUST AXES.

I'm talking about axes AND greataxes.
>>
>>164943462
ds2 doesn't even have a proper black knight greataxe moveset
ds3 has by far the largest amount of actual greataxe moves thanks to warcry r2s and bkga
>>
File: pump a rum.jpg (53KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
pump a rum.jpg
53KB, 640x432px
Anyone on PS4 able to help me move a few things? I will gladly give you a large batch of souls in return for your help!
>>
Of the 6 axes in Dark Souls 1, 4 (Butcher Knife, Gargoyle Tail Axe, Golem Axe, Hand Axe) have a unique moveset

All 5 greataxes in Dark Souls 1 have a unique moveset.

Of the 7 axes in Dark Souls 2, 2 (Dragonslayer Axe and Butcher Knife) have a unique moveset

Of the 9 greataxes in Dark Souls 2, 2 (Crescent Axe, Drakekeeper Greataxe) have a unique moveset.
There are two distinct types of greataxe, double-headed axes that attack horizontally and single-headed greataxes that attack vertically.

Of the 10 axes in Dark Souls 3, not including weapon art, 2 (Butcher Knife, Winged Knight Twin Axes) have a unique moveset

Of the 7 greataxes in Dark Souls 3, not including weapon art, 1 (Black Knight Greataxe) has a unique moveset.
>>
>>164943556
>not including weapon ar
weapon art is a part of a moveset
even more so for axes as it changes r2
>>
>>164943535
I got a PS4 but no DS3 on it.
>>164943596
That doesn't qauntify for much man.
>>
>>164943652

Glad to have this piece of information, anon.
>>
>>164941842
>Not if you're in CoC.
CoC is an optional hardmode covenant that's not really relevant to the base game.
>>
>>164943225
Dedicated dex scaling weapons scale well with dex only because that's their only stat.

But they will always scale better when infused, than with dex alone. Strength weapons can do either.
>>
I've found all the Loyce Knights and I still can't beat the Ivory Kang after he goes into Lightsaber Mode.
Why am I so bad at this?
>>
>>164943853
Sorry anon but you must be literally awful at this game
ivory king himself feels and fights like a normal enemy, not a boss
he has like 4 moves
>>
>>164943652
>That doesn't qauntify for much man.
except it does
greataxes have two versions of warcry r2, one of which is unique to yhorm's machete
both versions have first and second r2
they also have falling bolt, demonic flare, sharpen and earthen wrath, if it was ds1 or 2 those would be moved to simple r2
small axes have unique warcry on millwood axe, the only quickstep outside of daggers, feast bell and chain spin
>>
>ds1
>extremely short range means high dps potential

>ds2
>extremely short range but still decent dps potential
>has the most retarded parry window in the history of souls games
>everybody complaints about it

>ds3
>extremely short range
>second lowest AR curved sword
>useless weapon art
>smallest parry window
>doesn't work well with infusion
>1handed moveset is useless
>the only redeeming thing about it, the special backward kick, has no invinsibility frames

Besides memeweapons like the wooden hammer, is this the most dissapointing weapon in DS3?
>>
>>164943949
is this the "guess the weapon" game
>>
File: WHY.png (14KB, 188x270px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.png
14KB, 188x270px
>>164943949
fuck forgot pic
>>
>>164943531
>>164943462
Greataxes are killed in DS2 if only because ultra greatswords and great hammers are so good.

The only good greataxes are the ones with the faster hammer-like moveset, such as Giant Stone Axe, and Drakekeeper's. Gyrm greataxe has a faster, GS-like moveset, so it might be viable.

Greataxes do have slightly different power stance moves though, I haven't tested them all but there might be other viable weapons because of this.
>>
>>164943949

>What is Elenora

I still cry every time I use it.
>>
>>164943949
>but still decent dps potential
More than decent. Monastery scimitar had that 4 hit 1hr2 combo that did 1000 damage.
>>
>>164943556
>Of the 9 greataxes in Dark Souls 2, 2 (Crescent Axe, Drakekeeper Greataxe) have a unique moveset.

You're forgetting Gyrm Greataxe, Giant Stone Axe, and Black Knight Greataxe, which have unique movesets. BKGA is a shit moveset but it is unique, which makes DS2 overwhelming more diverse.

I think the complaints is that the "unique" movests for DS2 were mostly built using swings from other weapons, instead of having "special snowflake" animations.
>>
File: banan.jpg (65KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
banan.jpg
65KB, 500x383px
>>164943596
I kind of hate weapon arts sometimes. Some of them are definitely great but it's definitely a lazy design crutch. It's like "why give this weapon a unique moveset when you can just copy a WA typically from another weapon category and put it on this one?"

Atleast DS2 made an effort with unique r2 moves on many weapons. Even just the lazy ones that were reused movesets from other categories ended up unique because of the combinations, like red iron weaponry. In DS3 you often just have some reused weapon arts slapped onto weapons instead of having given them some unique moves.
>hey check this out it's literally just a normal greataxe but you can press l2 to increase your damage by 5 wooooaahh
>hey check this out it's literally just a normal greathammer but you can press l2 for a stupid eight-times reused spinny move woaaahhh

Especially the spin bash, spin slash, spin gash shit is so fucking stupid. Take for an example the Spiked Mace. Why does it have that weird spinny move to begin with? Why not give it unique R2 attacks that resemble what the evangelists actually do? Instead they literally just slap a copypasted spin slash move on it and call it spin BASH. Unique R2s? nah look you already have the weapon art. Don't you love SPIN SLASH on literally every weapon?

Plus, and if you're a shitter you will definitely think I'm joking, Greatweapon parries were absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>164944128
>"unique" movests for DS2 were mostly built using swings from other weapons
Then they aren't unique.
Going from DS1 to DS2 was fucking baffling as it lacked even a simple cool unique attacks like golem's axe wind slash.
>>
Pls recommend some fun (and not completely useless) weapons to play with.
DS 3. I'm new. Currently running around with a broadsword.
>>
What is a combo for greataxes, also Drang Maces and Fume UGS?
I think for Fume UGS it's a standard attack jump attack, standard attack charged heavy best I got, the charged heavy buffed with resin can on shot most people for me. Learning to play with a heavy infused Exile GS, it's not too bad but you can't spam the spin to win combo or people will just dodge it, also knight's crossbow off hand is best weapon of all time.
>>
>>164944223
>then they aren't unique

Do you care about weapon diversity, or do you care about feeling special?

Combining moves from other weapons to create a (literally) unique moveset is highly practical. It means that a large number of weapons can be viable based on which individual moves you prefer.

Making a bunch of special animations for each weapon makes them either OP, dogshit, or limits you to spamming the same one or two special moves since the rest of the moves one the weapon are shit. If a unique moveset is really good, then it makes all the 'normal' weapons in that category pointless by comparison.

DS2 has just as many unique movesets as DS1, but it also has twice as many weapons, with the rest of them being practical and useful instead of special flashy animations.
>>
>>164944223
DS1 definitely felt like each weapon was unique in some way, and they often were.
It did have some carbon copies of "standard movesets" like the Gargoyle Halberd, Scythe, and some other halberd I think, but mostly they always had atleast one unique thing about them that made you wanna use it.

Then in DS2, they went down the "2 standard movesets for each weapon category" path, which I really disliked because it made many weapons carbon copies with different stats, but they also introduced some really unique weapons especially with the DLC, so that kind of redeemed it for me.

Meanwhile in DS3 it just feels like
>what's this curved sword do?
>oh... it's spin slash and the default moveset
>how about this one then?
>oh....
>how do these curved greatswords compare?
>oh they're literally the same with slightly different spin slash ending moves which don't matter cause it's a stunlock anyway
>>
>>164944204
>Atleast DS2 made an effort with unique r2 moves on many weapons
it didn't
majority of ds2 moves are simply shared between classes
majority of boss weapon attacks are just generic r2s with elemental effect over them
there's what, 3 truly unique r2s in the entire vanilla ds2? 4?
it has by far the worst problem of recycled animations in all souls games
>Plus, and if you're a shitter you will definitely think I'm joking
YOU are the shitter if you think your stupid ultra weapon parries are even remotely fucking useful and that i can't see them from a mile away and just bs or bitchslap punish the fuck out of you for trying to do them
>>
>>164944226
Red Hilted Halberd, Executionars Greatsword and Bandit Knife are imo fun but not overpowered early game weapons.
>>
>>164944430
Do you care about weapon diversity
I do care about weapon diversity and DS2 has none of it.
>>
>>164944432
DS3 easily has the same amount of unique moves as DS1, possibly higher. It just has larger weapon pool, unnecessary so, i'd say.
>>
>>164943774
>But they will always scale better when infused, than with dex alone

Alright, no
I just soul vesseled myself to have 100 DEX and FAI ATK. Meaning 100% scaling = +100 AR.

Uninfused Blacksteel Katana = 100% DEX
Lightning Blacksteel = 49% DEX, 21% FAI

Ricard's Rapier = 100% DEX
Lightning Ricard's = 37% DEX, 30% FAI

Loyce Greatsword = 5% STR, 100% DEX
Lightning Loyce = +35 phys ??% consistent with other weps, 33% FAI

Why do you believe the scaling grade when it comes to element infusions?
Elemental infusions on average give you 30% element scaling with exceptions for boss weapons / weapons with base element or status.
>>
>>164944441
>>164944223

>wanting every weapon to have special moveset that you have to build your entire character around just to be useful, instead of being able to tweak your play style around how individual useful moves are combined on each single weapon

go back to playing overwatch
>>
File: 1336212001716.jpg (151KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
1336212001716.jpg
151KB, 500x473px
>>164944441
>YOU are the shitter if you think your stupid ultra weapon parries are even remotely fucking useful and that i can't see them from a mile away and just bs or bitchslap punish the fuck out of you for trying to do them
Congrats, you must be better at the game than 99% of people I fought in DS2. Plenty of people fell for it and I didn't feel like it was ever particularily easy to punish outside of me just fucking up and missing the parry frame window.

Besides your amazing skill in PvP, you forget that parrying isn't a PvP only tool. Just because you personally never made use of it or apparently never had someone do it to you doesn't mean it has no uses.
If I could pick and chose between the UGS parry and whatever that abomination of a weapon skill spin-stomp is I'd pick the UGS parry every day of the week
>>
>>164944682
>wanting actually unique movesets instead of recycled, disappointing shit
yeah how dare you to want nice things
>>
Why are there so many outright useless and/or outclassed spell tools in souls games?
>>
>>164944670
>doing this with only 100% dex scaling weapons

You missed my point, again, and proved what I said.

>Elemental infusions on average give you 30% element scaling with exceptions for boss weapons / weapons with base element or status.

Most dex weapons have you sacrifice 20-40% dex scaling for that 30-60% faith scaling. The only ones that don't are the ones with insane dex scaling, aka, the few exceptions you keep touting while ignoring the vast majority of other dex weapons in the game.

All you're saying is "Dex scaling is fine because these FEW weapons work like strength weapons! The letters are just not accurate!" when the vast majority of dex weapons are still only 60% scaling for their class compared to str weapons.
>>
>>164944740
Atleast the DS2 DLC had some cool shit.

What does the DS3 DLC have so far?
>check this out. It's literally just a normal greathammer with a normal greathammer moveset, but the weapon art? We "throwbacked" a DS1 move as a weapon art onto it hehe
>>
>>164944692
ds2 has the lowest skill ceiling in series, that's why shitters gravitate towards it as the game with "best" pvp simply because it doesn't require any skill at all and has a duel-friendly environment, it's not surprising that there's a huge amount of garbage players who literally walk into everything you throw into them
>you forget that parrying isn't a PvP only tool
yeah show me your sick ass videos of ugs parries in pve, kek, i want to laugh
>>
>>164944740
Are you disappointed that every gun in a shooter shoots -bullets- instead of shooting sparkles or chickens?
>>
>>164944830
DS3 dlc has friede's greatscythe, crow weapons and valorheart all of which blow the SHIT out of any ds2 dlc weapons including bone fists.
>>
>>164944837
>yeah show me your sick ass videos of ugs parries in pve, kek, i want to laugh
Why do you act like UGS parrying was a gimmick? Why would anyone ever feel the need to take a video of himself parrying an enemy with delayed, but pretty decent parrying frames? You realize the UGS parry was in no way bad, right?

That's why I said "shitters will think I'm joking". It's like you only ever used the dedicated shitter reaction parrying weapons to parry and as a result think everything else is useless.
>>
>>164944894
Yeah, no. Bone fists were fucking amazing.
>>
>>164944837
>DS2 has the lowest skill ceiling in the series

Only because DS1 pvp is entirely built around abusing network lag, and DS3 pvp is built around abusing invasion mechanics. Higher "skill ceilings" don't make for better pvp when those ceilings are just abusing broken mechanics because From focused more on PvE.
>>
>>164944883
good shooter has weapons that behave differently and have unique firing modes
ds2 is like painkiller if painkiller had 4 firing modes shared by all guns in different combinations instead of actually unique attacks and weapon-specific combos
>>164944920
>Why do you act like UGS parrying was a gimmick
because it was you fucking retard, it has such horrible parry frames (worst in the game actually) that you either need a mentally disabled opponent for it to ever connect or some utterly predictable pve enemy
>>
File: 20161107144233_1.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161107144233_1.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
>>164944989
I don't care about your denial. Friede's greatscythe or valorheart blows bone fists the fuck out as far as style and cool moves go.
>>
>>164944920
>>164944837

UGS parries were useful, but stupid because for the same hours of practice doing a parry shield + soft/hard swap to a UGS was more efficient than trying to actually land a UGS parry.

Most of the time the UGS parry doesn't work because they think you're doing an attack, so they roll instead of trying to trade. It is, by design, just not a very effective pvp tactic and requires many more hours to master than other equivalent techniques.

UGS should have had special moves instead of parry animations, like Fume UGS or Curved Nil Greatsword.
>>
In DS2, is it worth it to put a ton of points into Vitality so you can wield ultra greatswords and such and not fatroll? Or even put a ton more in to wield good armor like the drangelic set.
>>
>>164944819
I did this test with 100% pure dex weapons because it's far easier to tell the scaling % when you only have one physical scaling.

>for that 30-60% faith scaling
Exactly what dexterity weapons get anything near 50% element scaling? Can you name some?

>All you're saying is "Dex scaling is fine because these FEW weapons work like strength weapons!
All you're saying is that low scaling high base damage weapons are better infused. Who could've thought?

Have some more examples.

29 STR, 29 DEX, 29 FAI, 100 ATK in each
Partizan - 10% STR, 65% DEX - +75 phys
Lightning Partizan - +28 phys, +30 light, 30% FAI

Dagger - 15% STR, 45% DEX, +60 phys
Lightning Dagger - +23 phys, +30 light, 30% FAI

The results are actually MORE consistent for non-100% DEX weapons.
>>
>>164944759
because from has no imagination and sees spelltools as only a means to an end, that end being the spells. so they only really care for base magadj and scaling, rather than making each tool somewhat unique in a meaningful way. but they're progressing. ds1 had nothing other than damage. even with the dlc, the only thing that changed were the damage calculators. in ds2, catalyst length and speed came in play, but they still didnt make much difference; it was just advantages and disadvantages to be taken notice. some uniqueness is progressively added, with weapons like blue flame (and its neutered version in ds3) and ds3's parting flame
>>
>>164944819
Why do you keep implying that weapons with 30% DEX scaling are DEX weapons?

This is the core of the issue, nobody else considers them DEX weapons, DEX scaling is worse for Quality weapons sure, but it's not worse for DEX weapons.

An axe with 50% STR scaling and 25% DEX scaling isn't a DEX weapons so it's irrelevant when considering how good DEX scaling is.
>>
File: ParryWindowDKS2.png (18KB, 1740x689px) Image search: [Google]
ParryWindowDKS2.png
18KB, 1740x689px
>>164944998
>because it was you fucking retard, it has such horrible parry frames (worst in the game actually)
Are you fucking dumb? See pic related. Perfectly average parry frames.

They have long recovery and startup frames. That's because great weapon parries weren't for reaction parrying. You could consistently set up parry with them.
Another feature is that people never see it coming. You walk around with a parry tool in your offhand, people will adjust. You walk around with a big fat twohanded Zweihander, they tend to be less careful unless they know you will do it.

Honestly you can flaunt your amazing PvP skill here as much as you want, everyone who has used great weapons to parry knows it's not a joke feature. It's perfectly viable and it's not used in the same way as rapier parrying.
>>
>>164944998
DS2 is like having 20 rifles, 20 shotguns, 20 pistols, etc.

But they range in size, firing speed, velocity, etc. and some share bullets between them and some have different firing modes.

Meanwhile you want special snowflake weapons like overwatch that have special animations and effects, resulting in most of them being just dogshit "cool" designs that have no practical use in the game.
>>
>>164945220
>those monastery scmitar frames
not him but this is outdated as fuck anon
>>
>>164945220
This. Ultra weapon parries are for masters of the game that can predict and bait their opponents entirely, know when they're going to attack.
It's satisfying, surprisingly easy, feels good.

Let's not forget super parries that come out something like 20% faster after an attack. Fucking loved parrying backsteppers.
>>
>>164945319
They didn't change the frames relevant to the discussion.
>>
>>164945330
>It's satisfying, surprisingly easy, feels good.

It's purely for emotional reward. You can accomplish the same with an offhand curved sword.
>>
File: parry frames.jpg (364KB, 2072x1018px) Image search: [Google]
parry frames.jpg
364KB, 2072x1018px
>>164945220
>>
>>164945435
>offhand curved sword
Nigga curved swords actually have the worst parry frames in the game.
>>
>>164945435
>4 frames
Like fucking hell

Offhand mon scim is for reaction parries. Ultra parries are for prediction.
>>
File: 1396380025918.jpg (8KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1396380025918.jpg
8KB, 226x223px
>>164945449
>30 frames worse than parry tools
jesus
>>
>>164945586
Do you not understand the concept of prediction
>>
>>164945586
>parry tools have 30 frames of active parrying
Niggas you are talking about different things here goddamn.

The UGS faggot is saying that UGSses have average ACTIVE parry frame, while you are arguing about what has the least STARTUP animation.
>>
>>164945435
You literally can't because people adjust their playstyle to be less predictable and less parryable if you have a parrying tool out.

It's not the same playstyle. Eat shit, you fucking retard.
>>
>>164945237
if you like brown cowadoody shit it doesn't mean all people do
games like quake, doom or painkiller that actually make all arsenal unique will always be way superior
actually, the fact you're comparing ds2 to casual military garbage is really cute because ds2 tried its hardest to attract the same dudebro auditory
>>
>>164945526
>>164945449
>>164945395
>>164945330

You have to -predict- a person's actions -after- they already see you start the parry and can react.

That means in order to land a UGS parry, they have to actually see you -start- the parry and then still decide to attack after that. No one does that. If you land a UGS parry that means they have no idea that it's a parry at all, or they were trying to legitimately trade with your UGS. Whatever they are doing when you start the parry, they will finish and be able to follow up before your parry frames start.

And that's not even counting the fact that if you're using a faster weapon, you have enough time to see the start of the parry and interrupt it before the parry frames arrive.

That's why UGS parries are dogshit. It's not "predicting" it's being completely blind and hoping they don't notice that you're parrying.
>>
>>164945649
do you understand the concept of getting your shit slapped for even trying to press l2
>>
>>164945708
>That means in order to land a UGS parry, they have to actually see you -start- the parry and then still decide to attack after that. No one does that.
lad, human reaction time is longer than the superparry startup. Nobody sees you start up a superparry and can immediately decide to abandon their attack.
Could you stop being full of shit for one post?
>>
>>164945668
newbie here, if I want to do a UGS parry, where's the best place in the game to practice it so I can get better? or should I just start using it against players and die a lot?
>>
>>164945831
>human reaction time: 0.2 to 0.5 seconds
>superparry startup: 0.8 seconds

Maybe if you have abysmal ping, that might help.
>>
>>164945884
DID YOU SAY BOSS WEAPONS?
>>
>>164945849
Best place you can start is try to figure out which attacks of yours people will want to punish.

A very basic set-up parry you can do with ultras, especially UGS because they have the perfect length for it generally, is this
>jump attack at them while they're infront of you, but not close enough to backstab punish it
>immediately parry and face them
A LOT of the time they'll try to punish with a running attack, which on most weapons (not when fighting ultras for an example) is timed just right for you to get that parry.

>>164945914
I want to see you reaction-avoid a super parry and maybe then I'll believe it.
Actually, not only avoid on reaction, but also punish with a bitchslap as you've been spouting.
>>
Remember /dsg/ when you're about to lose, always turn on your cheats, then point down!
>>
>>164946209
Remember anon when you're pvping in the most cancerous brackets, always post remarks about how people are cancerous
>>
>>164946318
>35 +4 is cancerous now
>>
>>164946392
>souls pvp
>ever not cancerous
that's where you are wrong kiddo
>>
>>164945914
Ordinary UGS parry starts at 40 frames. Did you forget that this is a 60 FPS game?
Superparries are sped up by previous input. I don't know by how much, but it's reasonable to say about 0.3s.

It's not unreasonable to be able to ultra parry people.
>>
I got baited into an ultraparry yesterday and i'm not retarded
here, case closed
>>
File: Do she got da booty.png (960KB, 1872x2533px) Image search: [Google]
Do she got da booty.png
960KB, 1872x2533px
>Want to trade off Dancer torso/boots for another look
>The only other ones I like are dresses and they aren't very pretty when you roll
>None of the other armors show off your figure as well

It's kind of funny how I used to get mad at games that have too much fanservice lady armor but now that everything looks practical I feel the need to show off more
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93fqlzu9pqk
>>
>>164946808
don't the slave knight and pontiff knight boots show lots of asscheek?
>>
File: 1483027774671.jpg (59KB, 587x645px) Image search: [Google]
1483027774671.jpg
59KB, 587x645px
>>164946660
Na, you are retarded.
>>
Nobody told me that Sinh could actually break my weapons
>>
Quick Dark Souls 3 question for you guys. According to the wiki, the game stops increasing in difficulty after NG+7.
What I need to know is: Does that mean "journey 7" or "journey 8" would be the hardest?
>>
CAN I share some other old stuff which I did some time ago
Cuz it still won't do for reddit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PbRwlJJMNU&t=24s
>>
>there's a dying dragon protecting Priscilla right in front of her
>people still think she's Seath's daughter
please explain
>>
>>164947292
journey 8 mah dude after that its capped to ng+7
>>
who /bossinvadingastheboss/ here?
>>
>>164947426
Excellent. Thanks for the clarification.
On journey 6 atm. Been a breeze so far.
>>
File: 1231232231321.png (1MB, 4084x3912px) Image search: [Google]
1231232231321.png
1MB, 4084x3912px
>>164947468
good luck
>>
Sarcastic applause is objectively the best diss gesture. If you use it on someone you took out easily, the meaning is never lost on either party. It makes you feel like a massive invincible ass.

Point down on the other hand is like the fallen knight set of gestures. It's used by so many players, that it makes you feel lame when you use it by association. I do miss the DaS2 for one thing tbqh. It had better asshole gestures
>>
>>164947825
Applause is used far more frequently than PD tho.
>>
>>164947292
Generally the game's difficulty 'peaks' at NG+4, after that the difficulty starts having diminishing returns but yeah, NG+7 is "max NG" in terms of things getting harder.
>>
File: 1469738822476.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1469738822476.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>164947087
Slave knight is too obvious about it, I'll have to farm out the pontiff knights to see about theirs
>>
>>164948504
nice neck
>>
>>164947974
When I lose an invasion, they always point down for some reason. I rarely ever see applause. When I see it's usually always done by me

>>164947958
It just caught on, I suppose. When you die you collapse to the ground so it follows from that I think.
>>
File: Im actually quite thin skinned.jpg (492KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Im actually quite thin skinned.jpg
492KB, 2560x1440px
>>164948613
>>
>>164948613
>bottom of the hood
>>
>>164947958
because it's the closest thing to badmouthing you can do in DS3. You point down at the ground because that's where the shitter you just put down belongs.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 715x78px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
49KB, 715x78px
I'm trying to play DS1 PvP, and literally fight I get is with shit connection where hits registrer like a second after it lands, it also takes forever to find someone to fight, and I usually end up only connecting to the same two people even though I'm in Township with DSCM.

It it my internet? I know it's not the best but it should be fine for just playing video games right?
>>
>>164948554
Try Leonhard pants.
>>
>>164949579
What's special about them ?
>>
>>164949665
Fit your ass quite tightly unlike the baggy and wrinkled pontiff knight pants.
>>
Reminder to always wear the Fallen Knight set. People will immediately respect you and expect a fair and honoroble duel.
>>
>>164949560
Its not your internet, its more likely the fact you're connecting with people 1/3 way across the world.
>>
>tfw bleed infused 397 AR UGS with no AR rings in das2 does more damage than the heaviest ultras in 3
>>
>>164950507
>ivory king
this is bait
>>
>>164950507
>screenshot from 1st of august
what
>>
File: 4395879474.jpg (847KB, 1431x834px) Image search: [Google]
4395879474.jpg
847KB, 1431x834px
*teleports behind you*
>>
File: 1483251020517.jpg (62KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483251020517.jpg
62KB, 900x350px
>>164950946
When will you burgers learn how the rest of the world writes dates and time?
>>
Why is Pyromancy different in 3?
>>
>tfw all those people that are hollow in anor londo

;-;
>>
>>164951351
Don't you spy on me
>>
File: 20170108151618_1.jpg (222KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
20170108151618_1.jpg
222KB, 1680x945px
>>164951065
pff too slowmongrel
>>
>>164951308
what do you mean?
>>
>>164951308
What do you mean different? It works just like in DaS2.
>>
>>164951558
Okay, why is pyromancy different in Dark Souls 2 and 3?
>>164951529
It scales with stats like some weird magic thing.
>>
>>164951614
Because no stat investment pyromancies were unbalanced as hell.
>>
>>164951658
Hmm...
>>
>>164951614
Because pyromancy in DaS1 was retarded and allowed for stupid builds like full dex, couple of attunement slots and you have a fireball spamming machine that will wreck your face with +15 sword if needed.
>>
>>164951761
I always thought that you had to have a +15 sword, since you only could cast so many pyromancies before becoming just a dexwanker with empty attunement slots.

So I take it pure pyromancer is viable in 3 then?
>>
>>164951857
It is but you have to level both int and faith for optimal damage.
>>
>>164951857
yeah sure.
>>
>>164951951
figured as much, maybe I will give it a shot, seeing how getting it for my dexwanker is pointless.
>>
>>164951351
i dont go human there anymore, restoring saves is a hassle
>>
>>164952032
You can still have swords and what not in your main hand, but you have to infuse it with chaos or dark for any dps.
>>
Why aren't you boss invading, /dsg/?
>>
>>164951065
*fat rolls behind you*
>>
Who is the best boss (combat wise) of DeS and why is it Old King Allant ?
>>
>>164941663
depends

defense subtracts from incoming damage, but there's a maximum percentage of the damage which can be subtracted by it; if you've got 100 lightning defense and someone adds on 95 lightning damage to their otherwise physical weapon, you won't block all 95 damage points. On the other hand, if they're using lightning blade on LKUGS, you could maybe be shaving off 100 points of damage.

absorption removes a percentage of the incoming attack

I can't remember which deduction is made first

All armor adds the same amount of defense as any other piece worn in the same place, the only thing unique is the amount of absorption added. So you just gotta make sure you're not naked at all.
>>
>>164944046
Eh, greataxes are actually the best big weapon type in DS2, but the game calls two of them ultragreatswords. Also drakekeeper greataxe is pretty good.
>>
>>164953547
I was talking about DeS, anon
A boss isn't fun to me from the moment it doesn't let you at least a second to heal
>>
I've seen streamers like damnnohtml use CE without repercussions. Is it safe to spawn items and whatnot?
>>
Whats a good minimum stability you want for your shield? Cause I see players can do quite a lot of stamina damage. Are small shields even worth using?
>>164953547
>des
>>
>>164952273
why would you need to restore saves?
>>
>>164953675
Only shields worth using are Greatshields and BKS
>>
>>164953646
He already got banned once, now he plays using family sharing on steam.
>>
>>164953809
Oh. Fair enough.

I guess there's not fast way to make new PvP-ready characters.
>>
>>164953710
because literally every second invader there is some memetastic faglord who will go kill your gwynevere. It happened on my first playthrough and then again and I just stopped bothering
>>
>>164953642
He does give you openings to heal though, look out for his smash in the ground.
>>
So after playing through both DaS and the first DeS some years ago with the wiki pretty much always open on the second screen, I decided to start DS2 without looking at it even once. I die a lot, but make steady progress every day so things are nice and good. I killed the last giant, dragonrider and his dragon and the pursuer, currently banging my head against the sentinel trio and last dragonslayer.

Other than putting souls into random stats, is there anything that I really should/shouldn't do to avoid "breaking" the character and making progress pretty much impossible in the later stages of the game?
>>
>>164953376
He's definitely the best, although Penetrator and Flamelurker are also worthy of mentioning I think. Maneaters as well.
>>
>>164954402
nope, you can do whatever you want
das2 is abysmally linear and, unlike the first game, pointless to play blind anyway
>>
>>164954402
Do NOT upgrade everything right away. Titanite cannot be bought or farmed unlimited, once you use what is available for sale and picked up, that's all you get until late/post game.

The only titanite you can buy is large titanite shards, but regular titanite, twinkling, chunks, and dragon bone are all limited until post-game.

So don't spend upgrades until you're ready to commit to that weapon for a while.
>>
>>164954947
Wtf are you on, everything but slabs (and even them in ng+) can be bought in unlimited amounts
>>164954402
do not listen to that man
>>
>>164951857
>empty attunement slots

if you miss with ~25 pyromancies (8 slots x 2-4 uses each) in a single encounter, you don't deserve to win that match anyway.
>>
>>164954402
Don't forget to level ADP to increase your Agility, which determines your iframes. I recommend having 99 agility.
Also, when you reach Earthen Peak, try to pay attention to the messages. There's a really obscure thing that would make certain boss fight really difficult if not prevented.
I replayed the game with a friend recently and I payed attention to see if the game gives you any hint for it, but it really doesn't. Here's the thing if you wanna know: Bring a torch to the mill in the 2nd bonfire and burn it, will get rid of the poison.

>>164954547
How is DS2 more linear than DS1? You have 2 paths to go from the start and then you can open 2 more quickly after than. The paths itselfs are more lineal, as in the world is not as interconnected as in DS1, but you need to have in mind you can warp from the start and you're not forced to finish a path until the end, you can alternate between them, whic after playing several times, I think it's the best.
>>
I fear nothing...

But those cages full of hollows... They make my nipples lactate in terror. Good thing they are stupidly easy to tell from the inert ones.
...Almost too easy.
>>
>>164955164
I want details
>>
>>164954450

>music of Old King Allant

So good

Penetrator is pretty easy, it's a shame we can't get his armor though, it's so beautiful. The music of Flamelurker made me like this boss, I used to hate it because >lol, AOE. Also this boss difficulty seems totally random, sometimes I die 10 times, sometimes I kill him easily.
Fuck Maneaters, I fucking hate them, especially this bossroom. It's like they never want to fight me, always flying out of my reach and spamming magic attacks.

>>164953876

Who is the best boss of DaS3, and why is it Pontiff Sulyvahn ?
>>
>>164954402
>reading the wiki
EUUUUGGHHH
>>
>>164950507
I love 2-shotting people with LSS and Mirrah's powerstanced R1s. Instant 1600 damage combo.
>>
>>164955164
Oh my Jesus fuck, Just as I typed that, I opened a chest and a fuckton of the fucking cages just fell from the roof and spooked me real good.
>>
>>164948747
what is anatomy
>>
File: 1483053921068.jpg (59KB, 506x531px) Image search: [Google]
1483053921068.jpg
59KB, 506x531px
>>164955581
Just lock on with right stick and throw knives at them wew so sp00ky
>>
File: 20161025153311_1.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161025153311_1.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>>164955289
>Who is the best boss of DaS3, and why is it Pontiff Sulyvahn ?
Sorry, but his swordsmanship instructor is better.
>>
Another nana disappeared,
So the grandson carries a cage.
He ever has his cage.
And nana's never coming back,
So come into the cage, and become nana's shade.
>>
>>164954402
You can respec so no, you can do whatever.
>>
File: 1398208315451.png (32KB, 639x308px) Image search: [Google]
1398208315451.png
32KB, 639x308px
How they managed to do such a good OST in DS3?
It has like twice much good tracks even compared to BB.
>>
>boss invadin
>go in, attack shit at random
>host's phantoms die
>end phase 1, chase host for 5 minutes
>just rolls and blocks and runs away with shield up the entire time
>realize host hasn't attacked the entire fight
>not even swung his SS once
>just sit down and watch
>dies in seconds, never attacking

This is the Dark Souls 3 3-phantom Way of Blue Fallen Knight Straight Sword target audience.
Jesus
>>
>>164956059
They didn't. It only appeals to babbies that never heard a good orchestral piece. DaS3 music is a fucking mess of 10 million sounds with barely any audible melody.
>>
>>164955046
You can only buy unlimited titanite after Old Iron King (mid-game) and you can only buy unlimited chunks after the final boss. You never get unlimited twinkling.

He's asking how to fuck up before late game. Spending all your titanite on armor before lost sinner is a great way to fuck your game up.
>>
>>164956163
>DaS3 music is a fucking mess of 10 million sounds with barely any audible melody
That's DS2 ost.
>>
>>164955754
They're on the same level, they're both perfect to me.
>>
I want to catch scrub invaders on an NG+ low level build. Is that possible?
>>
>>164956221
Noone is going to upgrade armor before weapons, and there's enough shards earlygame to upgrade a weapon and a few armor pieces anyway.
Also, old iron king is most definetely not midgame. He'd be equal to Blighttown bell if you compare the progression to first souls.
>>
>>164956226
DaS2 at least has some variety. DaS3 ost is literally
>people seem to love that O&S theme
>let's take it and turn it up to 11
>>
>>164956129
Something I never hear when you see things like this is that these kind of players might be children. I sure as shit came across a lot of them on the PS4.
>>
>>164956348
>DaS2 at least has some variety
Variety of shit ost pieces.
>let's take it and turn it up to 11
Except this is absolutely wrong for vast majority of the ost.
>>
>>164956348
Remember the sad artorias and gwyn themes? Well fuck them, let's have more Epic Music and a jolly cooperation 4-man stack beating the soul of cinder lying down crying on the floor.
>>
>>164955163
>>164954402
Speaking of Earthen peak, best way to do it is to just summon sunbros. It's meant to be a co-op level.
>>
>>164956232
Not sucking japs dicks is edgy now ok
>>
is pvp even worth attempting in this game? seems garbage
>>
>>164956668
It's all about making other people suffer. Making it automatically the best PvP
>>
>>164956668
no it's trash but you don't want to be the only clean guy amongst the shit-covered population

come on in, the toilet's fine
>>
>>164956668
Boss invading is the most fun you can have in this series
Pick a boss, cosplay as it, invade, enter fog, fuck peeps up
>>
>>164956348
>>164956442
>>164956226

>DS3 fans talking about how their soundtracks are so great

I still don't know why they didn't use their in-house band to make better music. FreQuency sells albums in Japan of From soundtracks, but weren't used for Dark Souls at all because 'atmosphere' was more important than an actual soundtrack.

Most Souls soundtracks are the same 5 minute ambient orchestral repeated for 2 hours with slight variations for each boss.

Some examples of in-game music their in-house musicians made for other games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orLgPpGVNkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqrxVfZBtu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHZvT5EBOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Ch7cJNbMk
I would love to have seen FreQuency put together a high-energy aggressive Souls soundtrack, with each boss having actually different themes other than just "low-pitched groaning choir behind annoying strings."
>>
>>164956442
There are like 2 songs in the whole ost that don't try to blow your eardrums. Nice, just fucking nice.
>>
>>164944204
>file name

banan is banana in swedish, that means you are a swefag.
>>
>>164956497
>It's meant to be a co-op level.
how so?
>>
>>164957063
FUUUUCK, i keep forgetting the name
>>
>>164957060
banan is banana in a lot of languages.
>>
>>164956939
>it's that armored core autist again
start using a tripcode faggot
>that bland shit
>better than souls ost
holy shit
>>
>>164956442
I don't like DaS 3's OST either, but 2's one is awful.
Outside Aldia and ganksquad there's no interesting theme.
Even Alonne that people like to praise a lot because the boss fight is fun is just boring chanting. It's got so stupid they try to make up stories about it having lyrics when it's just random chanting.
>>
My fucking game keeps randomly crashing even though I have a brand new PC with 1070 and i5 processor. It just crashes seemingly at random where my screen fucking freezes, and then when I press CTR ALT DEL it just goes white screen and I have to turn off my entire PC.

What the fr*ck
>>
>>164957218
check your ram / memory
>>
>>164956993
>blow your eardrums
You really need to get them checked.
>>
>>164957084
>outdated rock

FreQuency is industrial orchestral, not rock

I'm going to describe a Souls Song, tell me which one it is:

A male choir goes "Uhh uhh UUHHHH uhhh..." and then repeats for 5 minutes. There's some instrument (either a violin or harpsichord) keeping time along with them. Everything is really loud and they follow the same chord progression and beat for 20 seconds before repeating. Horns come in about 1 minute into the track for the bridge before it repeats back again. Then it repeats the WHOLE section again, this time a little louder.

>every DS track

I mean, souls music is cool but I wouldn't call it a "soundtrack". It's literally just ambiance.
>>
>>164957060
>banan is banana in swedish, that means you are a swefag.
I'm white and straight actually, I just named it that because it seemed fitting
>>
>>164957218
Increasing my virtual memory or some shit fixed that issue
>>
>>164957060
>banan is banana in swedish
also in russian and fuckload of other languages
>>
>>164957293
Thanks, doc. Enjoy your cacophony of DaS3 music.
>>
>>164957385
My currently allocated amount is 6,000 MB higher than the recommended so that's not the issue
>>
>>164957198
Listen to this next time you fight a boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ykiK88vi00
>>
>Ithryll below Anor Lando
>Read there is an Illursory Wall
>fucking cryptic shit
>Slide down
>2 fucking vordts
wasn't ready for this shit.

>>164957465
this
>>
Does the steam Dualshock 4 support not apply to dark souls 3?

I can't seem to get it to work.
>>
>>164939838
Thanks doc
>>
File: 1378991639655.jpg (450KB, 700x4352px) Image search: [Google]
1378991639655.jpg
450KB, 700x4352px
>>164953376
HYAAARGHH
HYUUUGHH
HRYYYAARGGHHH
HRYYYYUUUUUUUURRGGHHHHH *explosion*
>>
File: a tale of FLIPPING YOLO MAN.gif (840KB, 698x1587px) Image search: [Google]
a tale of FLIPPING YOLO MAN.gif
840KB, 698x1587px
>>164958121
>>
PLEASE

HELP ME
>>
>>164957697
Yeah, DS1 is 1996's "EPIC" sound.

I like the music when playing but I can't listen to 30 minutes of it without wanting to kill myself from monotony. It's the most generic blandest ambient music and doesn't really change for the entire duration of the OST.
>>
>>164958214
calm down anon
where did Manus touch you
>>
>>164958214
*helps u*
>>
>>164958214

EEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH
>"atmosphere"
>>
>>164958121
>start of sens
>ricard's
>>
>>164957084
>also they were dumped before ds1

Where did you hear this? They released music for From in 2013 and 2014

They might have been dropped for the kadokawa takeover, but definitely not before DS1.
>>
File: average day on dsg.webm (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
average day on dsg.webm
2MB, 1200x675px
>>164958214
>>
>>164958438
>HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOU ARE MUSICALLY RETARDED DARK SOULS MUSIC IS THE BEST I WANT IT IN MY TAINT AUTISTIC AUTISTIC YOU'RE AN AUTISTIC RETARD AUTISTIC
>>
So outside of PvP where you play like a huge faggot and plink people for like 200 damage whenever they try to catch you, are crossbows good for anything?

I'm comparing them to the bows I have and my dex and str are very low, just enough to wield some bows. Yet the bows consistently deal much higher damage and have much higher range than the crossbows.

what's up with that?
>>
>>164958619
crossbows are a sidearm for strength builds
>>
Anyone else have fonder memories of DS2 than the other games? Not saying it was better but for some reason it just sticks out in my memory more. Maybe because it was so much longer.
>>
>>164958665
Except bows still do more damage than crossbows. The only downside is you can't onehand them, which again, isn't a real downside outside of faggy pvp tactics that don't really work anyways.

And honestly if you run a strength build and you're not using a greatbow as your ranged choice you're a fag anyways
>>
File: DATA_2017_01_07_01_16_20_937.png (266KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
DATA_2017_01_07_01_16_20_937.png
266KB, 800x450px
There was an attempt
>>
>>164958564
>>164958275
>>164958285

EEEEUUUUUUUNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>164958895
they are a sidearm you retard, not everyone is a minmaxing pvp-loving faggot who loves pulling greatbows out of their ass
>>
>>164958619
Crossbows only advantage over bows are for quickshots where you don't have enough time to pull the bow.

I find decent use for them with ultra builds as a way to either do some quick damage when players are near death, or to interrupt them as they are trying to run away or heal. It really helps with hyper defensive fucks and mages who want to spend the whole match running.
>>
File: 1483807875654.png (129KB, 478x3595px) Image search: [Google]
1483807875654.png
129KB, 478x3595px
>>164958121
HYYAUUUUUUUUUUURGH
>>
>>164958943

Are you......are you playing on a PSP?
>>
>>164958943
>circle to his right
>backstab
>repeat x15
>>
I'd be okay with gwyndolins bow if the best arrows for it didn't cost 500 souls a piece.
>>
>>164958975
Literally none of what you said just made sense. Just saying "it's a sidearm" doesn't make it a viable choice for a sidearm.

there is no reason to ever use a crossbow over a bow in pve is what I'm saying
>>
>>164958893
I have better memories for DS1, but DS2 has the most hours
>>
>>164959049
No? There is a PSP version?
>>164959084
I defeated him already, I'm having trouble with the gaping dragon now.
>>
>>164959115
the point is it can be switched out easily where a bow has to be readied and twohanded.
>>
>>164959115
If you just use it for pulling and quick shots, it is better than switching to a bow. Also fashion.
>>164959187
>gaping dragon
>circle to his right
>tailstab
>>
>>164959049
There's this wonderful thing called "resize" you can do to images that makes them smaller.
>>
There are literally no hard bosses in first souls except for maybe smough first O&S. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>164959368
prove urself right
>>
>>164959187

Post a non-resized screenshot please.
>>
Why did they nerf Halberd 2hr2 attacks so hard in DS3?

They're not terrible but their hitbox isn't really 360 anymore and it does like 120% damage of a single normal attack when fully charges and has no knockback
>>
>>164959368
The bosses have gotten harder and better with each instalment, but since so many people started with DaS, they have a lot of nostalgia for the bosses despite them being somewhat easy.
>>
>>164959592
>>164959282
? I didn't resize anything.
>>
>can't progress npc storylines if you don't summon them
>summoning npc completely trivialises most fights
Bravo From
>>
>>164959368
still fucking surreal to me how people actually talk about what is hard and what isn't in these games. It's entirely surreal that this is even a talking point.
You don't see this for any other game. You don't see WoW people talk about which raid is the hardest, even though there are plenty of difficulty steps. You don't see this anywhere but here.
>>
>>164959821
Do you play on a coffee machine ?
>>
>>164959821
are you playing in 800x450 resolution you fuck
>>164959848
>WoW
what the fuck does that have to do with anything? You literally use the same rotation over and over and sometimes move out of red circles, there is no diffuculty in mmos.
>>
>>164939838

On my first run of demon souls and I think I've done all the areas I can besides penetrator archstone because there's a dragon that makes me crispy when I try to get past. Also all the worlds seem to have 4 area's but the world with the bird mask thing only has three as far as I know?

Do I need to get past this dragon now? if so, how?
>>
File: jolly_cooperation.png (59KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
jolly_cooperation.png
59KB, 400x400px
I'm bored and I can't leave the PC for a while, anyone needs help or wanna co-op?
DS3 or DS2, either are fine.
>>
File: 1480614136145.jpg (71KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
1480614136145.jpg
71KB, 460x550px
>want to make a paladin build in DaS3
>literally no good weapons
>give up
thx miyazaki
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (493KB, 1816x1022px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
493KB, 1816x1022px
>>164958564
>>
>>164960169
>DaS1
>Cleric set, Paladin set, a few other faith sets
>no good weapons
>DaS2
>has the great mace of the insolent but no good paladin armors
>DaS3
>no nothing
why miyazaki
>>
>>164959368
>>164959848

It's because Bandai Namco pushed the "HARDEST GAME EVAR" angle really hard when marketing it, starting this whole "it's not hard" vs "it's super hard" hipster dialogue.
>>
>>164959960
Yes considering it heats up to 91°
>>164959967
> are you playing in 800x450
Yeah, and an extra difficulty at 4.2 FPS
>>
>>164960448
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>164959837
It's a bit of a design oversight how co-oping completely breaks the game. Every area and mob becomes a complete pushover with another player.
>>
>>164959837
Is it in DaS3? This shit really annoyed me in das2.
>>
>>164960448
I used to play similarly, with a laptop that burnt my wrist whenever I was playing, maximum at 25 FPS. I got better stuff now.
I hope you find the money to buy a new PC, these are not the right conditions to play
>>
>>164960638
Thanks senpai. I'm actually surprised I managed to get this far. Backstabbing every really works huh?
>>
>>164959027
Yeah, I thought I had that comic but it was too small to tell from the thumbnails. Thanks for posting it.

>>164958214
EUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>164960786
Fishing for backstab is viable, I did that too, I still do on some ennemies
Black knights can be parried if you don't want to backstab only, but it's a bit harder
>>
>>164960949
Black knights can also be killed in four hits as soon as you upgrade your weapon
>>
>>164959848
Ideally, bosses should have mechanics tied to them, something bosses in the souls series lack.
>>
>>164960448
>>164959960
>>164958943
>91c 4.5 fps 800x450

Confirmed, From Software has gotten DS1 to play on the Nintendo Switch
>>
>>164961151
Also, yes
I don't like to come back later though, because I always forget
>>
Wait, so there is literally 0 difference between blue sentinels and blades of the darkmoon?
>>
>>164961515
1 waifu vs 0 waifus
>>
>>164961378
Kek

Why do I feel that it is going to be that way, if DaS is released on Switch
>>
>>164961595
But you still level up at the same waifu
>>
>>164961515
I think Dorkmoons were supposed to invade sinners but From decided to get rid of that mechanic.
>>
>>164961595
What are you talking about ? Horace is a potential waifu material !
>>
Should i bother with blue eye orb in DaS1? I'm afraid i'll just invide some cheating faggot and get my stuff fucked instead of pvp.
>>
What the devil is way of the white circlet anyway?
>>
>>164961515
Probably because they wanted to make the blue covenant available early on, but they put the leader so late in the game.
They obviously needed to add another DS1 reference, game has not enough of them.
>>
>>164961708
So does Sin exist in the game but it's not used?
>>
>>164962250
Sin does no exist. Currently most covenants are broken, so good luck getting summoned as a blue or Watchdog.
>>
File: Furtive_Pygmy.jpg (30KB, 330x394px) Image search: [Google]
Furtive_Pygmy.jpg
30KB, 330x394px
OKAY YOU NIGGERS TELL ME RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

WHO IS
THE
FURTIVE
PYGMY

???????????????
>>
>>164960298
You can infuse anything with lightning or blessed, or buff it. You have great sets for faith, starter cleric, archdeacons/deacon, cathedral knight, maiden set, herald set. For weapons you got mornes, wolnirs, rose of ariandel, saints bident. I really don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>164962438
It's me
>>
>>164962438
So easily forgotten.
>>
>>164962639
If i unfuse the butcher's knife with magic, will it become a sorcerer weapon? Is a greatsword infused with poison a thief weapon? There are no dedicated faith weapons in das3 the way they were in das1.
>>
do i upgrade my weapon to +10 or not
>>
>>164962438
I forgot
>>
>>164962438
Literally who
>>
>>164962725
Mario
>>
File: 1453241945534.png (660KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
1453241945534.png
660KB, 709x462px
GAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>"Hundreds of Steam accounts are reportedly banned for repeatedly abusing the 'boss invasion' glitch in Dark Souls 3. More bans are expected in the future."

I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>164960169
>not going with blessed 40/40 mace like a true paladin should
>>
>>164960298
>>164960169
Morne's Greathammer
Vordt's Greathammer
Mace
Greatmace
Wolnirs greatsword
Dragonslayer Greataxe if you're into that style
plenty of UGS that fit the bill
Plenty of straight swords that do well if you want to be a pussy paladin
Morning star
tons and tons of greatswords that work well on strength builds
Spiked mace if you want a strength weapon but you're shit at strength weapons and need a spinny faggy weapon art

Cathedral Knight set
Lothric Knight set
Archdeacon set for low weight holy man armor
Morne's Armor for scummy paladin set
for pussy paladins, the firewitch set
Sunset armor set for something more ragged looking
Winged knight set for something unique
Lorian's armor set if you're a faggot

There's tons, man
>>
>>164963627
>maces
those are for clerics, not paladins
>>
>>164962438
it's just some random fuck who wanted power or some shit. it could be anyone.
>>
>>164962438
We will find out in next dlc.
Certainly not Manus though.
>>
>>164963598
src
>>
>>164959368
O&S isn't even a very good fight and it's awful how horribly overrated it is.
>>
>>164963598
pls be fake
>>
File: nk.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nk.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>164963598
rip friends this is the end
>>
>>164963928
His ass

Literally just google the quote
>>
>>164962438
THE FURTIVE PYGMY IS THE PLAYER CHARACTER IN DARK SOULS 1
>>
>>164963995
Ornstein is also glitchy as fuck which is the main thing that pisses me off.
>>
>>164962438
patches

not even joking
>>
File: PH2O8HU.jpg (969KB, 2561x2561px) Image search: [Google]
PH2O8HU.jpg
969KB, 2561x2561px
>>164962438
Why was the soul of the furtive pygmy not needed to kindle the flame?

Did Seathe get it?
>>
>>164964324
game developers forgot about it.
>>
Stopped following just before the dlc came out. What rules the meta now?
>>
>>164964324
He's so furtive even the devs forgot about him
>>
>>164964493
estoc turtle
>>
>>164964493
same old same old mostly
straight swords+thrusting swords are still batshit broken
greatswords are now cancer
magic is still worthless without heavy investment+2 rings
>>
>>164964493
spears, greatswords, rapiers, washing pole
the most broken attack of gotthards got nerfed, curved swords are ~50 AR weaker than they were before so they can't outtrade even longswords, glaives were toned down because of HA nerf though they are still very close to top tier
>>
>>164964740
>magic is still worthless without heavy investment+2 rings
Can you do scumbag obscuring ring snipes with magic?
>>
>>164964493
Rapiers are shit now, ignore the estoc fags clinging to a dead meta that even hammers counter

Greatswords dominate
>>
>>164964803
No. Soul stream got nerfed hard in terms of range. So did obscuring ring.
>>
>>164962438
Velka

youtube told me
>>
how to deal with katana running attacks and spears? They seem to have such little recovery its hard to trade with them with an ultra. doesn't help that both of those attacks deal thrust damage.
>>
>>164964986
>So did obscuring ring.
stop spreading misinformation fucktard
obscuring ring got absolutely negligible nerf mostly concerning the fade out distance because pre-nerf it was literally shorter than lock-on distance
>>
>>164965102
black knight shield
>>
File: 1464216214978.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464216214978.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>black gulch
>>
>>164961935
>I'm afraid i'll just invade
haha
>>
>>164964630
>>164964793
>>164964818
>>164964986
Damn I guess I'll make a quality greatsword build. Which one is good? Fume knight's sword was badly nerfed is it good now? What about Sulyvahn's greatswords? Should I go with the Twin Princes' Sword?
>>
>>164965301
>Fume knight's sword was badly nerfed is it good now?
the same
>What about Sulyvahn's greatswords? Should I go with the Twin Princes' Sword?
all extremely good
if you're doing greatsword of judgement build, go for 27STR/40DEX/40INT build as the damn thing will become absolutely devastating
>>
>>164965301
go with your heart or fashion, anon
>>
>>164965301
greatsword of judgement is fun when you learn to free aim
>>
>>164965194
You're forced to stick to the edges of gigantic areas to be invisible now. It's ass.
Combined with soul stream's range it's near impossible to snipe people.
>>
>>164965494
>You're forced to stick to the edges of gigantic areas to be invisible now
no, you're not
you have virtually no idea about what you're talking about
>>
>>164964324
>>164962438
I thought the implication was that the player carried this soul within him
>>
File: 1387804028755.jpg (141KB, 964x872px) Image search: [Google]
1387804028755.jpg
141KB, 964x872px
>Im farming covenant items
>Invading world
>Host defeated before I even finish spawning in
>mfw
So whats your guys reaction to that?
>>
>>164965428
>>164965458
>>164965473
I'll go with Greatsword of Judgement then. I love that thing. Finally I'll be able make a good build with it. Thanks.
>>
Wow, someone summoned me for Dancer of the Boreal Valley and some dickhole purple phantom showed up.

I can see why this might annoy people.
>>
File: 1483826565231.jpg (54KB, 723x935px) Image search: [Google]
1483826565231.jpg
54KB, 723x935px
>>164965678
>see a red hornet parry the host while his 3 phantom buttbuddies mash r1 in panic
>>
>>164965545
Hows its range? Heard of the nerf but would like to see what the range is now.
>>
>>164964149
patches is miyazaki
>>
File: 1481637218641.gif (3MB, 276x209px) Image search: [Google]
1481637218641.gif
3MB, 276x209px
I want to do a build using Morne's greatshield, because it's sexy as fuck.

I guess any generic straight sword is a must-pick, but what else should I add to my arsenal?
Was thinking about Lucerne to counter other turtles.
Any magic that would go well with it?
>>
File: back to hogwarts.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
back to hogwarts.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>164965864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMbXmtaXiY
a little larger than lock-on distance
nothing major
>>
>>164965672
All humans, I think. Isn't Humanity fragments of the Dark Soul?
>>
>>164965848
That's the issue with the bug, it's only fun for purples.

What I am doing is abusing it because I know it'll be patched, but that's because I don't give a shit about the other players having fun
>>
>doing arena in 3
>millwood rape axe
>iron flesh
>a fuck ton of armor
>people just run away from the endless wa spam, and I switch to bandit dagger and rush them down with iron flesh still on

Most fun I've had in a while, this shit is hilarious, and people get really upset when they lose to this.
>>
>>164966167
>that damage
fug
>>
File: 1428631977236.gif (79KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428631977236.gif
79KB, 834x600px
>>164966307
>people still can't realise that millwood axe charge deals no stamina damage to shields
i enjoy raping clueless or panicking idiots with it
>>
First time playing and I'm arriving at blight town, what do
>captcha bloomin
>>
Do you need to summon npcs to progress their storylines in das3?
>>
>>164966568
no
>>
>>164966568
only yuria for one fight.
>>
>>164966568
You need to be summoned by them.

>>164966715
You don't have to summon Yuria.
>>
>>164966568
No, but 2 of them teach you gestures when you summon them. You can then use the black crystal and proceed normally.
And there's a few, like Yuria and Cuculus which you need to summon if you want their sets as loot, without having to kill any NPCs.
>>
>>164966769
oh woops, you're right.
>>
>>164966127
>Was thinking about Lucerne to counter other turtles.
how does this counter other turtles?

magic shield is pretty good and incredibly cheap since it only costs 10 int and you can justify picking a starting class with a better overall spread if you need the attunement slot. With havel's GS it puts you at 98 stability, you recover stamina faster than people accatcking your shield can deplete it iirc.
>>
>>164966568
>>164966868
>And there's a few, like Yuria and Cuculus which you need to summon if you want their sets as loot, without having to kill any NPCs.
Forgot to say, you have to summon them and kill the boss while keeping them alive, which is similar to DS2 NPCs questlines.
>>
>>164966307
>people get really upset when they lose to this.
not everyone is yukas man
>>
>tumble-buffing a send-home item lets you invade boss fights

You know, I remember when I was first playing DaS3, I thought that the Coiled Sword Fragment was the worst infinite send-home item out of the games since DaS3 was so short. Guess I got proved wrong.
>>
>>164967106
apparently they are.

I keep getting friend requests and group invites after smashing people with this dumb shit on pc.
>>
Crystal sage or Heretic's?
>>
So how can you warp from painted world of ariandel, but not from painted world of ariamis?
>>
>>164967431
new amazing levels of wireless technology
>>
File: 13711568807.jpg (111KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
13711568807.jpg
111KB, 500x374px
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/133364
Could this work?
>>
>>164966976
Doesn't the WA ignore shields? Or is my memory tricking me?
>>
>>164967394
whats your int?
>>
>>164967674
>>
do i have to talk top darkdiver in all 3 locations?
>>
>>164967753
Yes
>>
File: 1465166897988.png (32KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1465166897988.png
32KB, 321x322px
Why can't you backstab dogs?
>>
>>164967724
crystal sages staff is only good when the weapon art is active, but then its really good. Heretics has the most spellbuff at 40 int without needing the weapon art.
>>
Hey guys noob here. I'm level 31 with 23 strength and doing some PVP. I feel like my damage output isn't that great and I'm using a claymore. Just beat the crystal sage and would like advice on what I should use/reinforce/etc
>>
>>164967948
There is a simple reason why, and it's becau
>>
>>164967593

Drop Sacred Oath.
Drop Darkmoon Ring.
Drop Str to whatever Dragonslayer's Axe requires
Drop Vit.
Drop End.

Get Life+3 ring or any other ring you like.
Increase Fai to 60.
>>
>>164966868
>2 of them teach gestures
technically 3
haysel, gotthard and shade
>>
>>164968270
Fuck, I forgot to put Earth Seeker in there, bloated my stats just to use it.
>>
File: 1449496961851.jpg (330KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449496961851.jpg
330KB, 768x1024px
What's a good low-requirements weapon that can be useful against multiple enemies? I am using a raw estoc right now and it struggles outside of dueling (obviously)
>>
Why do I have a shit connection towards people who summon me against Dancer of the boreal valley?

Bortd, no problem. But it seems like everyone who needs dancer is from australia or something.
>>
File: Dark Souls tips.jpg (305KB, 746x746px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls tips.jpg
305KB, 746x746px
Are there versions of this for Des, DaS2, DaS3, and BB?
>>
Why is DS2 so fucking ugly?
>>
File: world tendency.png (532KB, 816x2928px) Image search: [Google]
world tendency.png
532KB, 816x2928px
>>164968870
The only thing that's puzzling about DeS is the World Tendency.

No idea about BB, might want to ask at /bbg/. DS3 is really fucking straightforward and doesn't need any guides.
>>
>>164968652
You mean you can't enter the fight? If that's the case it's a bug that exists from day 1. Happens to other bosses too.
>>
>>164967967
I see
Thank you.
>>
>>164969025
It sure was a fun time with plenty of rape when I went into NG+ for the first time in DeS and did 3-1 on PBWT. That shit would be even more brutal if abusing hypermode wasn't so broken.
>>
what's the most enjoyable way to play ds3 PvE?
>>
>>164969545
Ultra greatsword
>>
>>164969627
thanks senpai
>>
Finished a playthrough with the Profaned Greatsword because it's the sexiest looking weapon in the dark souls history and want to do a dex playthrough for a change of pace.

Warden twinswords, bandits knife or carthus greatscythe?
I know all of them will be pretty easy because of bleed but wondering which is more fun.
>>
>>164969809
Shotel or whip
>>
Best weapons for quality build in DS3?, been using the butcher knife but I'm tired of it
>>
>>164970291
Washing Pole or Gargoyle Flame Spear or Lothric Knight Sword with Black Knight Shield.
>>
where the fuck are the giants in black gulch?
>>
>>164970646
jump off a cliff
>>
>>164970731
there was only one ledge that had a locked door, is there a floor right below it?
>>
>>164970846
I think it's below that ledge, yes. But there's also another ledge before that one, where you can find Lucatiel.
>>
>>164970846
yes
>>
>>164969809
painting guardian sword, bandits knife might be fun using quickssteps and shit. curved swords have cool weaponarts. Farron greatsword is fun too. Fuck man, dex has a ton of cool shit.
>>
>>164970291

Dark Sword.
>>
File: Simon.jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Simon.jpg
51KB, 300x300px
>DaS anniversary in 4 years
>>
File: 20170108120354_1.jpg (456KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170108120354_1.jpg
456KB, 1600x900px
Hey, /dsg/.

I decided to make a FAI build in SotFS. Rate me so far, and make suggestions for imminent stat distribution. I really want more agility, but I don't know if I should get more Vigor first, then work on getting ADP and ATT up together, or if I should just full dump attunement in order to get my agility.
>>
Demon Souls remaster on PC when?
>>
SL1 in DaS1 is surprisingly easy, almost as easy as a normal run. Giant Blacksmith Hammer is ridiculous
>>
>>164971165
is the dark sword better than irithyll straight sword?
>>
>>164971353

Yes. Irithyll SS is one of the worst ones. Dark Sword does more damage.
>>
>>164971215
>FAI build in SotFS
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>164971215
>faith in anything but early DS2 days
>>
>>164971684
What are you laughing about?

I've been studying it quite a bit, it seems to me like the only problems that Faith have in DaS2 is cast efficiency. It is capable of terrific damage and has very good versatility.
>>
>>164971215
start focusing on att til satisfied. if you still need more agility and have enough att, invest in adp.
>>
File: file.png (368KB, 874x228px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
368KB, 874x228px
weird, i thought it was a dev message
>>
Weapon Arts were a mistake and greatly diminished practical weapon variety
>>
>>164971215
>"Faith" build, but almost as much Str as Fai
>that ADP
>that wasted INT by not choosing Bandit class
Might as well roll a new character.
>>
>>164971215
you've already got 20 VIG, that's a decent stopping point for right now
ADP is more important

remember, you can always soul vessel
>>
Quick question: can you make backup saves and savescum in DaS1:PTDE and DaS2:SotFS, like you can in DaS3?
>>
>>164971684
It's completely fine, fuck off with your memes. The fact that you can't spam 20 lightning spear and 3 wrath of god casts to afk clear levels like in DaS1 doesn't make the build shit.
>>
File: 1483558687120.png (522KB, 1044x944px) Image search: [Google]
1483558687120.png
522KB, 1044x944px
>>164971989
here's the build I was aiming for

>>164971852
>>164972035
Alright.
>>
>>164971974
Every weapon you find unique, such as having unique r2s, would actually just have the regular class r2s and get the unique move in the L2 and there'd be nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>164971989
All the good faith weapons require something like 20 STR

Bandit is the shittiest starting class
You know nothing
>>
>>164972121
>sl200
>2 buffs
i sure hope you aren't going to arena
>>
File: Muh spears.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Muh spears.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>164971215
Well, if you want to go full FAI you gonna need a lot of attunement. At least 50, or better 60. Lightning spears scale with attunement more than any other spell and it will also give you agility. You have enough vigor for NG, just pump ATN and FAI in equal proportion until they are 50. People think that lightning spears are bad, but if you actually invest in them and get dragon chime they will easily carry you through the game.
>>
>>164972050

It's better to just set the save file to read only, you don't have to keep restoring the backups this way.
>>
>>164946582
I don't know what people are complaining for, honestly. If you're two handing an Ultra Weapon you probably can't be parried, and things that are difficult to pull off are fun to pull off
>>
>>164972294
>enemy with 50 lightning res
better than DaS3's spears, but damn, that's practically their max damage before defense
>>
You can't be banned for boss invading, right?
r-right?
>>
>>164972468
i sure hope y'all will
>>
>>164972459
Don't forget that lightning is also the least resisted element in PvE.
>>
>>164972514
You can family share on PC and there are no bans on PS4.

You can't stop me
>>
A casual reminder that Vordt of the Boreal Valley is never stated to make, and that it's entirely possible that it is a woman.
>>
>>164972468
>can't get banned for cursing players
>can't get banned for modifying your player / weapon size
>can't get banned for dropping yourself anything in the game
>thinks he'll get banned for doing a minor bug
>>
Anyone here ever used Mace of the Insolent + miracles in das2? How is it?
>>
>>164972468
no, why would you? its like saying people should be banned for using the pre nerfed astora gs rolling attack. its a glitch, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>164972168
WAs are generally anime nonsense if they're at all unique
>>
>>164972760
Pretty good for PvE, garbage in PvP.
>>
>>164972837
Yes, so? How many weapons from the other games, besides BB, have as many unique moves as we do now?
>>
Daggers are always the funnest weapons to PVE with
>>
Why was vordt nerfed?
>>
>>164972920
PvP is exactly what i wanted to use it for. Why so? Is miracle damage complete shit?
>>
>>164972971
DaS1 had ubiquitous R1s among a weapon class and unique R2s that generally tried to mimic the enemy you got the weapon from.

Quantity over Quality is a huge mistake
>>
>>164972174
Bandit only has 1 Int, if you're doing a FAI build you need none of that, save 3 for interacting with Straid. It's the least bad class for doing a FAI build since all the other stats you can still use in one form or another.
>>
Dream Lore:
>The Gwyn you fought in Dark Souls 1 was an allusion, really he was killed by Vendrick
>Aldritch is the guy on the rotten's shoulder who escaped and became a priest
>Gough starved to death because he can't see food, he's not actually blind it's pine resin on his helmet
>Tsorig didn't kill Fume Knight, Fume Knight let him have his ring and sword after being strong enough that he didn't need either
>Laurentius went down to the blighttown swamp, was captured by Mildred, amputated, and used as a fuck slave for breeding for several years before being eaten
>Fume Knight killed the primordial serpents because they're fags, the Sable Church are a bunch of roleplayers
>Soul of Cinder is Aldia, who doesn't die when you kill him by the way
>Pontiff Sulyvanh is Vengarl after reuniting with his body
>the Dancer is a fragment of Manus
>DaS3 Andre is an allusion made by the shrine maiden, DaS1 Andre was killed by the titanite demon
>Prince Lorian is a cyclical rebirth of Velstadt
>Siegward died in Sen's fortress, the guy you meet with afterwards is a rapist snakeman who snatched his armor and wants to fuck Sieglind, he does btw
>Seathe, Nito, 3 of the 4 Kings, and Smough are allusions, you didn't actually kill them in DaS1. The only meaningful end game fight in DaS1 is bed of Chaos. Also Smough is a girl.
>Anastascia kills herself after the DaS1 Chosen Undead burns himself for no reason
>>
>>164972760
It's not good for miracles, having a whopping 15% faith scaling. It's got very poor scaling all around but it's still Dark oriented.

Used to be it was bullshit strong with Mundane since its Phys damage affected its cast strength.
Don't know if that was intentionally nerfed or it just got worse when mundane was nerfed. I remember hitting 3k with Great Resonant Soul with it.

It's really niche. Mostly it's good for being able to suddenly bust out a Scraps of Life - Great Heal Excerpt while having a shield and weapon out- but Sanctum Shield does that too.
>>
>>164973124
My point is, there was a L2 going to waste there.
Obsidian greatsword is just a bastard sword with an unique R2. If it was in 3, it'd have bastard R2s with the unique move moved to L2.
As would happen to Grant, or stone greatsword and so on.

Artorias's GS shows how it'd work, they just move the unique part into the WA and give class r2s, but his GS has more moves and is more unique in 3.
>>
>>164973036
Damage is good, but good luck hitting people with a mace or any miracle. Your best bet is to use heavenly thunder, and it's only really good on wake up.
Though if you up for some theory crafting, you can use that mace paired with some other weapon, like a spear or a greatsword or an ultra. Maces have same 1hr1 as straight swords, so it's pretty good at covering the close range.
>>
File: 1483852293055.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483852293055.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Best glitch
>>
>>164973615
Go away pyro nigger
>>
>>164973525
Also i don't remember if force combos in mace's 1hr1.
>>
>>164972306
Could you elaborate? I mean with DaS3 there is literally just a file called "DS3000.sl2" that has all of your saves and you literally just click and drag while holding ctrl and put it in another folder, then maybe put info in the file name as long as you change it back to DS3000 when you want to use it again. It's pretty simple and straightforward, was wondering if there was like a DS2000.sl2 or DS1000.sl2 or some shit.
>>
>>164968069
upgrade weapon to +3
>>
>>164973346
Can you stop posting this autistic fanfic?
>>
We have to press From Software to make this glitch an official invading mechanic

Like requesting it on Facebook or something, this is the most fun I've ever had in this piece of shit game
>>
>>164972468

I've been using the ember heal glitch in invasions since it was first discovered and I've never been banned, so probably not.
>>
>>164973525
>>164973459
and here i was excited about playing a cleric without switch weapons all the time
>>
what's a good soul memeory to stop at when creating your first multiplayer-oriented character?
>>
>>164974190
>from
>reading anything not weeb
Good luck writing to bandai who probably don't read english either and make translations using google translate
>>
>>164973615

Pic related has never been more relevant. To be fair this should have been a feature for mound-makers from release, they actually have a purpose now, a reason to play as a purple for a change.
>>
Underrated:
DaS2
DaS3

Overrated:
DeS
>>
File: 211420_20170108144228_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
211420_20170108144228_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
come fite me irl
>>
>>164974370
2.5M, level 150 for duel arenas.
>>
>>164974495
>das3
>most popular game in souls series that also received wide applause and high rating
>underrated
nigga you retarded
>>
>>164974037
I'm not autistic jerk
>>
>>164962438

He is the furtive pigmy

As in, while he took a power akin to the gods, but instead of going all out and shitting on the gray eternal furries with lightning bolts and making the world in his image he decided to get the fuck out and live away from all these worry, doing his own thing basically which eventually ended up with humanity as it exist in the souls games. To define it further than this defeat the purpose of his existence.

Maybe the curse of undead is actually a representation of the pygmy choices, in how he decided to hide away and allow himself to hollow into something far beneath the power of his soul, basically allowing himself to wither slowly rather than burn himself out managing the entire world as a god?
>>
>>164974653
Underrated by Souls fans, not by journalists
>>
>>164974370
>>
>>164974839
you're being seriously retarded anon
stop
>>
File: 1483636352499.jpg (25KB, 340x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483636352499.jpg
25KB, 340x512px
>>164974839
>"journalists"
>>
>>164974530
>dressed like a shitter

Nah
>>
My Pontiff Sully cosplay has +3 Ring of Life and Ring of Favor +2. Propaned Greatsword/Greatsword of Judgement dual wield.

What's a good final ring for my boss invasions? It feels like I need more damage, since the +3 ones hit like wet towels against other players.
>>
File: read only.png (1KB, 226x33px) Image search: [Google]
read only.png
1KB, 226x33px
>>164973965

Tick this in the save file properties and make it writeable when you're done farming.
>>
>>164974530
>BSS and heals
no
>>
>>164974938
>>164975059
I smell baddies
>>
>>164975035
he's asking why you would do that instead of backing up you retard
>>
I haven't played DS3 in months, has anyone figured out what Poise does yet?
>>
>>164975163
it's a defense stat for your hyperarmor
>>
>>164974405

I remember a story from Peeve a while back, when people asked him why they don't get all of the "pillars of the community" ecelebs together and really try to make a difference with From and balancing.

Turns out they actually did that once, I think for DaS2. Peeve and Oro and all the other big shits at the time got together and actually got in contact with bamco, they wrote a whole letter explaining the problems with the game the community had been complaining about for ages and ways to fix them, wrote a whole list, had it professionally translated and sent through Bamco to From and Miyazaki directly. Pretty much as extreme as you could get in terms of "WE REALLY WANT YOU TO READ THIS PLEASE", they went the whole 9 yards.

And what was the result? Well apparently included in their list of things they wanted addressed, it included some armor set which was cut content or something that people could get at, basically some little cosmetic thing. In the next patch, that was the literal only thing that they asked for that got changed. They went through all of that painstakingly getting together all of the most popular "pillars of the community" of the time to speak for the community directly to Bamco and From, got it translated and handed directly to Miyazaki, and that was the result.

Unfortunately I believe it was in one of Peeve's old bloodshade VOD's where he talked about it, and I don't think those are even on his channel anymore for whatever reason. But I vividly remember the story because of how clearly it portrayed the situation with From and game balance: that even if you went to the literal most extreme methods to get From's and Miyazaki's attention, they seriously couldn't give less of a shit. It's really sad in all honesty. I see a lot of wasted potential in DaS3 PvP but hey at least there's the boss room invasion glitch now among other glitches that they'll likely never patch out because they already got their money so fuck you, jack.
>>
>>164975096
It has been over 5 years anon, you don't need to look like a faggot.
>>
>>164975227
That's what I figured, thanks anon
>>
>>164975096
>unironically going to arena
>talking shit
lmao
>>
>>164974530

>red ring

Looks like someone is waiting there too.
>>
>>164975234
I'm glad they didn't listen to those shitters.
>>
>>164971896
What even are those?
>>
>>164975234
which set?
>>
>>164975261
And neither do you, but you don't seem to have changed at all
>>164975360
>talking shit
>not fighting me
lets see you back up your words, faggot
>>
did lightning spear have as many casts as dark orb does or some shit pre-nerf?
>>
>>164975464
Back up what words, "lmao"? You want a webm of me laughing at your retarded posts?
>>
>>164974943
>final ring

you have 2 more ring slots, 4 total...?

that aside, probably chloranthy and one of the stat rings like prisoner's chain or just knight's/hunter's ring. i assume you don't plan on dealing in hornet ring memes.
>>
>>164975565

I don't know if they had as many, but lightning spears did have more castings. The patch that reduced their damage or the patch after that was supposed to increase their castings but it actually just reduced them. You can read about this in the wikidot wiki.
>>
>>164975121
Yes, this. I mean like I said is there like a similar .sl2 file I can just copy/paste or does it go through some different process?
>>
>>164975704
Sorry, I have to use the Untrue Dark Ring so people see the Pontiff Cosplay.

My worry with Prisoner's chain is that I'll get completely raped since I have low absorption armour already (Wolnir's Crown, Court Sorcerer Robes, Wolf Knight Leggings and Golden Bracelets)

Does the extra Vig (Currently at 27) offset all that pain?
>>
>>164975565
>>
>>164975565
base lightning spear used to have 10~11 casts depending on your ATT
you could get hundreds of spears in NG
it was disgusting
>>
>>164975874
Remove untrue, you're not the real pontiff. You're his purple clone.
>>
>>164975565
Not as many, but it did completely unreasonable damage. You could kill old iron king before he comes up to the platform.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-61Z1ht7zw
>>
Worst Recurring Enemies:
1) Mosquitoes
2) Mimics
3) Ceiling hanging slime
4) Dogs
>>
>>164975234

Ah, Japanese executive, not sure there is a type of company rulers that are more disconnected form reality than those. That kind of shit happens all the fucking time

This remind me of how Capcom managed the peoples who wanted a new Megaman legend. They asked at first for a petition of al least 200k votes (which managed to get filled in less than 2 week if I remember well) and what was their reaction? Fuk u u need 500k naow :^), and even then they managed to fill it before the deadline (because the faggots at capcom even had put a deadline for the petition and if it took longer they would simply ignore it) and guess what they fucking said?

Fuck you, we ain't making the game at all, not now not ever so fuck off forever
>>
Ok so im still on NG only level 70. What boss would be the funnest to invade into? Ive done it twice into the nameless king and it was kinnda boring since they were pretty much doomed anyway.
>>
>>164975951
The only problem with mimics is that they're too easy to check for and kill before they can do anything. DS2 had the right idea of breakable chests but you can still just hit every chest you come across and never be surprised.
>>
>>164975426

I don't remember specifically, just that it was some armor set. Could probably find out by looking through the patch notes.

>>164975397

Butthurt aside, the point is that they'll literally never ever listen to the community or change anything, certainly not significantly (look at the curved sword and dark sword change, lol). The games are all simply what they are, take it or leave it.

I mean I still love DaS3 and invade pretty much every day, for months now, but you have to accept it for the unbalanced beautiful mess it is. That means I stick to low-mid level invasions and I crystal out or just go into griefing/time-wasting mode when hosts are the cuntiest of cunts, but luckily at least 95% of the time it's great fun.
>>
>>164976173
The problem is how they fight, not that any remotely cautious players can detect them
>>
>>164975234
>And what was the result? Well apparently included in their list of things they wanted addressed, it included some armor set which was cut content or something that people could get at, basically some little cosmetic thing. In the next patch, that was the literal only thing that they asked for that got changed. They went through all of that painstakingly getting together all of the most popular "pillars of the community" of the time to speak for the community directly to Bamco and From, got it translated and handed directly to Miyazaki, and that was the result.
> it included some armor set which was cut content or something that people could get at, basically some little cosmetic thing. In the next patch, that was the literal only thing that they asked for that got changed
>that was the literal only thing that they asked for that got changed

everyone get together the pillars of the community and we'll go bitch on reddit about cut content armor sets in-game, then we'll ironically ask for balance changes as a footnote

if my strategy works accordingly, miyazaki will ignore the cut armors and change the balance, in an attempt to spite us
>>
>>164972174
Not him, but I've recently gone back to SOTFS myself after a very long time. What's the most optimal starting class if I just plan to powerstance great weapons? Particularly the red and blue smelters.
>>
>>164975981

Also just remembered about Konami and Kojima/mgs, normally there was supposed to be a free dlc for mgs 5 that added an additional mission that properly concluded the story (its even in the game files, its just unfinished in part but the voice acting and storyboard was all made) but before it could be finished Kojima was fired from the company. Cherry on top, he no longer have any rights to the metal gear series so we will never get the DLC or any kind of closure since the exec said quite clearly that they had no interest in doing so, rather instead using the IP to create some shitty co-op game that will inevitably flop like that others resident evil game.
>>
>>164976216
Curved sword change was a pretty good nerf, possibly one of the best nerfs in 3, outside the rapier change, since now you can beat them with SS and thrusting ones easily. And the first time they ever nerfed a P2W DLC weapon.
>>
>>164976404
Bandit.
>>
File: file.png (788KB, 817x535px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
788KB, 817x535px
>trying to do faith build
>accidentally get higher fire and dark BNS than lightning
how did i fuck this up so much
>>
>>164976720
>24 int

For what reason
>>
>>164976720
>Faith build
>24 INT
What's this heresy?!
No, seriously, that's why, they scale from both INT and FTH
>>
>people complain about BB playstyles being homogenous and there being no replayability
>people like Dark Souls 3, where Pyromancy and Quality are the only playthroughs in the game
>>
>>164976720
>faith build
>24 int
>shit str
i don't what the fuck this is but it's definitely not a faith build
>>
>>164976720
Why the hell did you raise int if you wanted to do fai? Anyway you can always respec.
>>
>>164975981

Hearthstone is like that with Blizzard though, too. It's history is strewn with jewness and blatant disregard for balance, where every new set that comes out is met with 1, maybe 2 decks that are just so completely dominant that they shit on everything else, making the game exceedingly stale. Everyone complains and Blizzard does nothing for months, if at all. Whenever they'd change a card that people complained about enough, they'd just fucking annihilate it into an unplayable mess rather than taking a suggestion from the community that would make an archetype still playable, but not batshit crazy OP. Literally the laziest kind of game design possible.

Often I'd sit there thinking, you know if they hired me or probably any one of us avid players for even just a month or two, we could balance this whole game easily without needing much new coding. I could balance all of the cards and make them all playable while not being OP, all you'd have to do is change the numbers (mana cost, health/attack power, numbers on abilities, etc) and playtest it, you could give every card it's own niche while not making it completely busted and objectively better than other stuff. But they'll never do that, and so I quit several months ago and honestly I've never missed it. I can't believe I played it for as long as I did, thank god I was always f2p.

The video game industry is overflowing with wasted potential these days, unfortunately. Dark souls is no exception. I can only hope and pray For Honor lives up to the hype so I can finally have a dark souls PvP experience that is competitively and balanced and will last a long time. I have hope because the example I'm given is what Ubisoft did with Rainbow Six Siege.
>>
File: 1478704381370.png (37KB, 608x878px) Image search: [Google]
1478704381370.png
37KB, 608x878px
is pyromancy good in dark souls 3?
seems like pretty much only melee and only QWALATY is a good build for pvp in this game
>>
>>164975234
Last time From took the pillars of the community into consideration when making a game we got duel souls 2.

>>164974190
>We have to press From Software to make this glitch an official invading mechanic
Yeah, it was dude, in Old Monk and Looking Glass Knight. It's not like it's even a new glitch, you can sometimes invade boss fights in Demon's Souls too.

>>164974839
DaS3 is the normie favorite.

>>164974495
I'd say that DaS3 is underrated by 4chan, DaS2 is underrated in general and DeS is also overrated(still good tho').
>>
>>164976404
Warrior. Warrior lets you grab the morningstar immediately and powerstance the weapons Melentia sells right from the start.
Don't start bandit, it's shit, lots of low stats you'll want to level anyway.
>>
>>164976945
>for honor
>ubisot
>peer-to-peer
>having any expectations
lmao @ that loser
>>
>>164975989
Champion
SoC maybe
Dancer
Lothric Twins
>>
>>164976965
its the quality of spells
>>
>tfw there will never be a patch for sotfs that fixes miracles damage
>>
>>164976485
>tfw SS's will always be the best weapons in the game forever, alongside their now GS counterparts (which are basically SS's which are heavier and a tiny bit slower in return for being longer, doing more damage, and having some of the best HA in the game, thanks From).

SS+GS with offhand caestus is so common now in DaS3 PvP it hurts. I mean why play anything else when they're so versatile and powerful? It's ridiculous when you really stop to think about it sometimes, just how good SS's are.
>>
>>164977119
The best class isn't one where you have low stats that you need to raise, it's the one that has high stats that you don't need. Warrior gets 5 points wasted, 4 in attunement and 1 in int+fai, compared to bandit.
>>
>>164973492
When weapons are made weapon arts they're given different animation properties, hyperarmor, swishing noises, they're separated from the rest of the moveset in a way that's unnatural and contrary to the series
>>
>>164968959
nice bait
>>
>>164977412
>The best class
The worst class
fix
>>
>>164977437
You can't possibly be serious. It's the flattest graphics I've seen in a while, if I didn't know any better I would have tried to play it on my sega genesis as a side scroller.
>>
>>164969025
I really wish this had been fixed and implemented in DS1 instead of abandoned.
>>
How can we fix area of effect spells? And especially divine pillars of light?
>>
>>164971486
How should I infuse/reinforce it?
>>
The sellsword twinblades are fucking beautiful why didn't I realize this before

In the icon they look like mesoamerican machetes or something like that
>>
>>164977889
They are working just fine. In PvE. Devs don't give much thoughts to PvP.
>>
>>164977412
Those points aren't wasted. Everyone should have at least 10/10, optimally 15/15 int/fai for element defense. Going without ATT slots is also stupid in the long run.
Bandit starts with low STR and dex you can't soul vessel away, ever.
No STR, no ADP, no ATT. Takes dozens of levels to even get to acceptable AGL improvements. Shit class.
>>
>>164971486
>>164978027
>spoonfeeding metafaggots in /dsg/
please stop
>>
>>164978249
>only redeeming part is atmosphere
what atmosphere
das2 has more atmosphere in its opening cutscene than the entirety of des
>>
1. How does the Red Hilted Halberd compare to the normal Halberd?
2. Any FCs going on at the moment? Might pop in and get destroyed for a bit.
>>
>>164978428
this is bait
>>
>>164978428
I was thinking of Latria and Astraea, but you're right, Aldia's is a better version of Latria and Velstadt is a better version of Astraea
>>
>>164978465
You are banned from FCs
>>
File: 20170108145239_1.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170108145239_1.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
Is this how we make dark souls great again? I for one am tired of invading into 3 people waiting for me and I think my buddies behind the fog doors are just the way to even the playing field.
>>
>>164978249
>DS2 is the only good one
Nice bait made me reply
>>
>>164978465

They look different (fashion), they have different WA's which are mostly used for the same purpose (you hit the L2 button in response to someone attacking you similar to a parry), and they have different stat requirements (16/12 vs. 14/14, so the regular Halberd is better for pure STR builds).

Otherwise they're the same length and do roughly the same damage.
>>
>>164978167
>dex you can't soul vessel away, ever.
Except that to powerstance smelter swords you need more.
>Everyone should have at least 10/10, optimally 15/15 int/fai for element defense. Going without ATT slots is also stupid in the long run.
The build to powerstance smelters doesn't leave much room for things like elemental defences or attunement slots. If you really need them you can always use rings.
And bandit has higher vigor, endurance and especially vitality, which you gonna need a lot of.
>>
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/133390
Rate my build guys
>>
>>164978653
I just realised when I took this pic it makes my guy look like hes got a massive purple dick. Its like poetry.
>>
>>164978651
Oh.
>>
>>164978145
in pve its still pretty shit. if you get hit during the attack the beams stop falling. wotg is better in every way possible.
>>
>>164978653

Main issue is that anyone who is in the know will just black crystal and kick you out. You're literally invading as a phantom as some sort of forced co-op thing, it's just that purples are allowed to attack the host/phantoms even if they're a white. It's also why you can get hit by the boss too.
>>
>>164978656
>i can't defend any of the games i love i can only attack the games you love
too jaded to like anything shitposters in a nutshell
>>
>>164978767
>dart glitch
kys
>>
>>164978465
RHH is slightly better. Both WAs are good, so you should pick according to which two you find best.
No FCs now
>>
>>164978503
i'm serious m8
maybe you've forgotten, or maybe you're just too plebeian to appreciate it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkHHzK49rfg
>>
>>164978873
Ya its not perfect but ive done it 5 times now I died to the boss once every other time no one tried to kick me out. I think its still early enough that you can get away with it 90% of the time. You also dont make a "You are being invaded" thing when you do it so thats another perk.
>>
File: 1483831202972.webm (1MB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
1483831202972.webm
1MB, 920x518px
>>
>You will never turn your concubines into twisted, animalistic, yet entirely loyal sex slave knights
sully was a lucky man
>>
>>164978913
Its only for boss invasions i swear
>>
>>164978951

The main importance I find is that the RHH requires 14 DEX so if we're assuming most people are Knight's who start with 13/12, they need to put 2 levels into DEX to meet the base requirements. With the halberd at 16/12 they don't have that problem. It's more of an issue for lower level PvP'ers to be fair, but still.
>>
>>164979070
dsp playthroughs are pure kino
>>
Best build for Lorian Great Sword?
>>
>>164979006
>you'll die over and over again yada yada look how hardcore we are xd
>>
>>164978913
>>>dart glitch

?
>>
>>164979070
Do you have that one were he gets grabbed by a mimic from like a mile away and hes just stunned. Also 4 deaths im surprised that pretty few since I died like 20 times or so getting used to the game in the asylum. Also have the one were he was invaded in demon souls and had everything he owned scraping speared down?
>>
File: kekstralife.jpg (1MB, 2472x1782px) Image search: [Google]
kekstralife.jpg
1MB, 2472x1782px
>>
>>164971215
Get lightning infusion on your weapon, pump your stats into Fth and Str and ignore dex. You should have 40 str and 50 fth.
Basically, the best way to play faith is to pump yourself up with defensive buffs and healing miracles, and then go beserk with power stanced lightning weapons.

Your chime doesn't really matter because most offensive miracles suck, so you should focus on your defensive miracles. This means Mace of the Insolent is really good, since the lower lighting bonus doesn't affect the power of things like sunlight blade or great magic barrier. If you do want to throw lightning bolts, you'll need to heavily invest in upgrading a dragon chime (or priest's chime if you haven't gotten to the dragon chime yet).

Grab yourself a mace of the insolent, power stance it with straight sword, Katana, greataxe, or axe. You can either use the mace in the right hand (if you prefer doing more casting and using melee only for heavy damage) or in the left hand (if you want to use the melee primarily and then decouple the powerstance for casting).

Alternatively, any of buffed+infused Heide weapons work great with faith. Heide Greatlance is particularly powerful in PvE. Power stanced heide knight swords are pretty good DPS.

Grab these miracles:
Great Magic Barrier
Great Heal
Resplendent Life (VERY useful against bosses since you can heal while fighting)
Sunlight blade

The rest of the miracles aren't all that useful, all of the offensive miracles are a lot worse than their pyromancy equivalents.

Situationally good miracles:

Soul Appease (insane damage against hollows)
Homeward (very useful for places like Brightstone cove)
Sacred Oath (if using pure physical damage)
Denial (if using Red Tearstone Ring)
>>
>>164979303
He means the tumblebuff glitch
>>
>>164979283
didn't even watch it

as expected of a brainless nostalgiafag, clinging to false memories of a terribly basic game
>>
>>164979410
i'm not him and i haven't even played that game, but pretending that das2 opening is good is just retarded
>>
>>164978907
>too jaded to like anything
I like Dark Souls 1 and 3 because they don't go the "quantity over quality" route. I'd rather have 19 memorable bosses than 40 forgettable and/or bad bosses. I don't care how great or balanced the PvP is because that doesn't make up the near entirety of the game for me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqhqbsdpAXo
>>
Running DaS1 again, and I think I want to do something fancy with my bow. Is it a good idea to put some elementary damage on a longbow? Or should bows always be pure physical? A friend of mine said something like that a while ago, but Mugenmonkey says that at stat level 50 basically everything out-damages a basic longbow +15. Chaos long bow seems pretty fun.
>>
>>164979516
>matthewmatosis buttslut
>>
File: DaS3DrakebloodGreatsword.png (575KB, 894x406px) Image search: [Google]
DaS3DrakebloodGreatsword.png
575KB, 894x406px
How do I make this usable? Base stats with DMB?
>>
>>164979732
what the fuck do you keep talking about
stop projecting your weird garbage
>>
>>164979395
>he doesn't know
>>
Is there any secret to getting summoned as a Blade of the Darkmoon or Watchdog of Farron? Just get lucky and hope someone's being invaded?

Also I hear Watchdogs is bugged and you basically never get summoned or you can't get summoned past a certain soul level
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESqvGzdnvs
>>
>>164979905
Fuck I hope not on the watch dogs though that would make sense since I stopped getting them after awile. Also for the blades the trick however small is to wait in the area were the person in need is you have top priority. Of course were the best place to wait for someone actually equipping the blue covenant and being invaded in the same area as you and you being chosen from the however many other sentinels are there is slim as hell. Ive only been summoned as a blue meanie once the 40 hours of my character when im not farming covenant items im their faction.
>>
>>164979764
CMW also works, though less well.
LW works for PvE.
>>
File: XS5sgUa.png (121KB, 638x670px) Image search: [Google]
XS5sgUa.png
121KB, 638x670px
>>164978428
was he right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJUQg_U5HY
>>
>>164979764
25/25 in str/dex.
>>
>>164980184
I want to use it on faith build so sorcery is a no-no.
>>
>>164980449
If he was commenting based on the TGS demo when they hadn't yet scaled back the game massively graphically I can't blame him. The downgrade was massive and had a definite impact on atmosphere.
>>
Friede is a great boss, I particular enjoy the undodgable instant death AOE she does every 2 seconds
>>
>>164979869

What is it?
>>
File: mirror.jpg (121KB, 767x1110px) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
121KB, 767x1110px
>>164978428
>opening cutscene

I shouldn't be responding to bait, but we can take this as a chance to talk about the opening cutscene. What was up with it? It doesn't really fit well. Do you think they had finished it before they changed the game's plot? Also the arch of the ruins in whose mirror image the Bearer gets in is the same as the Iron Keep's.
>>
>>164980923
>undodgable
Git gud
>>
>>164980938
Basically you can cast like dmb cmw blessed weapon or whatever buff you want on a weapon that normally cant. Like cmw moonlight greatsword or dmb profaned sword etc
>>
>>164980895
I think DaS2 still has bullshots on steam store with graphics that are much better than we got on release. Fucking Bamco.
>>
>>164979764
Either 40/40 buffed with magic resin or lightning bundles or base reqs heavy with 60 FTH DMB/SLB or 60 INT CMW
>>
>>164981145
>It doesn't really fit well. Do you think they had finished it before they changed the game's plot? A

You got it.
>>
File: Dragon Bones.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Bones.png
2MB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVROA_ef-ng
>>
>>164980449

Was he just watching gameplay rather than playing it?
>>
igp11 fix when
>>
>>164981145
The problem with DaS2 is that before Tanimura came to salvage the project it was a big fucking mess under Shibuya's direction. So I think a lot of potential was lost in the process.
>>
File: 20170108140210_1.jpg (139KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170108140210_1.jpg
139KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: 1483807577025.png (126KB, 477x2415px) Image search: [Google]
1483807577025.png
126KB, 477x2415px
>>164974495
DeS isn't overrated. I never talked about this game with anyone outside of /dsg/, nobody knows this game exists.
>>
>>164975981
>>164975234
>>164974405

From cares about balance, but they only care about PvE balance, not PvP. It's often the case they will justify a weapon being powerful because it's DLC or a late-game item, or they will give it a very powerful feature and a bunch of other weaker features thinking that overcompensates for it.

As for the letter, it would be seen as an extremely weak move if their executives "gave in" to the demands of a bunch of customers who didn't know how to design a game (they're customers, not employees or game designers). The letter was probably received more as a baseless threat ("Change the game the way we want it or we will stop buying/playing) than as a community plea.

The same thing happened back in 2012 when Armored Core V was released, except it wasn't about balance but was about *game breaking bugs*. The matchmaking system would, at random, cause discs to freeze and force the whole lobby to restart their PS3s from a hard reset. A petition was put together by the community to get it to From to fix the bugs, and they responded with a "we are looking into it" and then never patched the game.
>>
>>164981324
What do you think happened to make the game get downgraded so much? Some people might think it's only graphics and thus it doesn't matter much, but the change in the feel of the game and atmosphere is so enormous. If this is how Aldia's Keep looked like, compared to the horrible final version, it pains me to think what was the original better version of ugly places like Harvest Valley and Earthen Peak.

I never understood very well why they changed it. The demos didn't seem to have performance problems. Is the change from demos to full world that much more taxing on the hardware? It's not like everything is rendered at the same time, but then again I'm not very well versed in technical stuff.

And even if there were some performance hits, couldn't have they kept the old graphics for PC? Or introduce them back for PC and consoles in SOTFS? That would have been so nice, and made the purchase definitely worthwhile.

The old graphics and the new are like night and day, I swear the original version of Dark Souls 2 looks better than even Dark Souls 3.
>>
File: 1480890091717.png (786KB, 1562x662px) Image search: [Google]
1480890091717.png
786KB, 1562x662px
>>164979283
>>164979006

Atmosphere is very subjective. Yes, atmosphere consists of tangible elements but different elements are pronounced differently for different people. Personally I feel it depends greatly on the individual levels in DS2 / DeS. Generally speaking I find DeS' levels in some ways more hazy, more otherworldly than the ones of DaS2 and one of the reasons is DeS' use of colour in the level themes. Like Boletaria is caked in this weird turquoise haze and ironically the shittiness of DeS' graphics makes it more atmospheric since the blurriness enhances the otherwordly atmosphere, putting more emphasis on the colous, the lights and the tones.

DaS2 uses it's own engine which might be technically superiour but the way lighting is in the game, the game just looks fucking dull because darkness isn't dark and a lot of areas don't have proper lighting because they expected you to use the torch more so everything in DaS2 just ends up looking dull. Some areas look fucking gorgeous like Dragon Aerie looks fantastic(but the gameplay is n9t exciting)
>>
>>164981473
He was working on the official strategy guide so he was playing it. He has a video on DS2 network test i think or it might be just audio of him giving his thoughts on it.
>>
>>164981994
>What do you think happened to make the game get downgraded so much?
PS3/360 hardware limitations

PS3 couldn't handle even the downgraded version
>>
>>164981994
They lost half their dev team and the original engine to Bloodborne, and then bandai started demanding a new engine that could do 60 fps 1080p on the next gen consoles. They failed to meet that deadline, so they released half-finished capped at 30fps and saved the next gen release for later.

It was not a smart decision, but it was that, or release Dark Souls 2 -at the same time- as Bloodborne and end up competing with themselves.
>>
>>164979905
Watchdogs aren't bugged there are just too many watchdogs versus not enough people to invade. Making it so that Watchdoggos can't invade in Farron Keep itself was a huge mistake.
>>
So I have a bleed build, a pure sorcerer, and a dragonslayer great axe star/faith build.

What should I do for my next run through? I want something that will take massive chunks out of bosses. I love the bleed build for that reason but I fucked up on the class. It's a cleric so I used his faith points to give me replenishment and blessed weapon which is decent and my offhand is a hollow parry dagger which blows.
>>
>>164979119
I wish I was him
Or the Dancer
>>
>>164981539
pls
>>
>>164982581
I hear this all the time, but it doesn't explain how the TGS demo was running on PS3s with the pre-downgrade graphics.

I think only the IGN preview was on PC.
>>
>>164980475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWxjBrrPvY
>>
>>164982990
Use the "no UAC" version provided with the on you downloaded
>>
>>164980475
That sure did make slogging through all that shit worthwhile.
>>
>>164982065
It's hard to feel the atmosphere and get immersed with the game when levels are so unbelievably shitty. Take Drangleic Castle for example, the place has such lazy and not remotely realistic or even practical layout. The rooms are scattered randomly, many of them are just simple cubes, with nothing in them. Connection between them makes zero sense. Most of the doors are human sized and enemies are bigger than them. Hell even Nashandra and Vendrick are huge and would never fit into them. When you compare it to Boletarian Palace which only problem maybe is the scale of the place because buildings that tall shouldn't really be possible with their technology.
>>
>>164979764
CMW twink

>>164982790
>BW on a bleed build
>when rouge exists
what are you doing my man

use paired weapons and rouge if you want max bleed

>What should I do for my next run through? I want something that will take massive chunks out of bosses.
Really nothing is going to beat a bleed build in that regard save for actual 1hko meme builds, which only work on parryable bosses
>>
>>164982790
Pyromancer is an okay choice. One thing I was thinking to do is a 20/40 dark/faith caster.
>>
>>164981145
it looks and sounds like it was written by an edgy, melancholic teenager who had no idea of what a souls game is
a nonsensical piece of work that summarizes the rest of the game
>>
File: time armor.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
time armor.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I just love how well I can connect to people in this game
>>
>>164978428
>when youve finished your journey you won't even know why haha
>we actually have no real plot or writing motive haha
>>
Why did from make blue phantoms worse and worse with every game, when they were already pretty flawed?
>>
>>164983401
i have blessed weapon for when im just killing trash and stuff, what should i be using instead to utilize those mandatory 16 points in faith?
>>
Just built a new pc and wanting to transfer my save file, anyone know how to do this? I'm also reading a lot about being banned for this. wtf
>>
>>164983619
gotta get those secret lag techniques down
>>
>>164982304
>he was playing it

I wonder how he thought it was awesome given the terrible gameplay.
>>
i want to make a str pyro in ds3
is this decent?
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/133402
>>
File: ZA WARUDO.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
ZA WARUDO.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>164983619
>not discovering midfight that you have a time stopping stand
>>
>>164983874
you could use them for discount sacred oath if you wanted but ultimately cleric is a bad class

replenishment and TOD are options if you need to fill your attunement slots
>>
>>164983854
Why not just make it so a blue can help anyone being invaded within a decent level range and provided there arent to many phantoms already. Ya I can see how things could go wrong like making any human just have to hang tight for backup putting the red on the clock or forcing red to dive deep into a bunch of monsters at all times. Better then blus not being in the game at all. I havent played DS1 in awile but couldnt blues invaded sinners back in the day?
>>
>>164984025
he should have put more manga underneath his armor
>>
>>164983994
>30 luck
:^)
>>
>>164983186
please have my children
>>
So I'm in the early stages of Cathedral of the Deep and just found out I have never met Leonhard the Ringfinger. I guess he was in previous levels and walked right by him somehow? Probably not an issue right, I just may lose out on Rosaria's soul?
>>
>>164983932
Copy your save folder (should be a string of numbers and maybe letters) into C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII
and that's it. If you're using the same steam account it will work without problems.
>>
>>164984096
currently using hollow carthus greatsword and hollow warden twinblades.
should i be using something else?
>>
File: l2r2 is pretty nice.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
l2r2 is pretty nice.webm
3MB, 640x360px
is solo WP/GFS really better than BKS+SS?
>>
>>164984360
i didnt know i put 30luck instead of 30int
fixed and with weapons
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/133404
>>
>>164983854
>>164984146
all you need to fix blue phantoms are

>for fuck sake, make it all one covenant blue defender moonblademans way or whatever the fuck. Where they either defend eachother or anyone that has a ring equipped instead of needing a covenant (which it basically is in ds3 but I digress) having two and then three blue covenants is blatant laziness to have the same number of covenants as DS1

>bring back the blue eye orb and bring back sin but remove the obviously stupid parts of the system from ds1/2 (IE make indictments worth it and make it so you don't need a large threshold of sin for blues to invade you)

>encourage people to invade again like in demons/DS1, so people actually fucking get sin and thus blues actually have something to do, unlike ds2.
>>
Which bosses are you guys boss invading?
>>
>>164984408
But anon, I want Pontiff children
>>
>>164984432
consider trying out the twin katanas if you want to learn more about bleed builds and don't mind being edgy
>>
>>164984410
>he didn't fully explore firelink shrine
>>
>>164984426
I copied those to my 2nd drive already, just pop them into the new das3 appdata folder and thats it? Everything else I've looked at has been complicated as fuck.
>>
>>164984410
I'm pretty sure he'll just be on pause forever until you talk to him
>>
>>164984861
You probably found guides to copy saves between different steam accounts. If you're using the same one, you just drop your save into appdata and that's it.
>>
File: anime scythes.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
anime scythes.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I'm out of webms, someone post more
>>
>>164984721
What? When? I swear I went through the whole thing when I first arrived and then at least once more when I got some new friends there.

Damnit. I'll go through again.
>>
>>164983854
from balances these games exclusively for two groups

>bottom barrel casual players that namco suckered in with the SUPER HARD AND HARDCORE SICK DARK PREPARE TO LE DIE bullshit

and

>1v1 meta builds only duelfags that play a rpg with shit hitboxes and netcode instead of a real fighting game
>>
>>164984569
People here always talk like the GFS is this superior ultimate weapon but I find follower sabre and shield + SS harder to fight, I don't have that much problem with GFS.

I even find the Dragonslayer Spear to be the same or better than GFS because it has 2h R2s that change your dodge timing instead of being such a simple roll BS bait weapon.

GFS is only dangerous to me when it's paired with a straight sword which makes it riskier to roll BS it.
>>
>>164984687
Aldritch
>>
>>164985079
Alright, good to know. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>164985178
The biggest throne at the center.
>>
What DID the Pontiff do?
I'm shit at following the lore of these games, so all I know is that he made the monster ice knights for whatever reason.
>>
File: Pontifffffff.jpg (427KB, 1800x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Pontifffffff.jpg
427KB, 1800x1920px
>>164985358
He did nothing wrong.
>>
Is your online name in DaS1 Steam version your steam ID or character name?
>>
>>164984608
Drop fire clutch and steel protection, because they're worthless. Get a havel's ring, drop VIT to 21 and pump up END if you want to swing that heavy weapon and have stamina to roll. Also you can run
>witch's ring + great swamp for max damage
>witch's ring + sage's ring if you want get good casting speed
>>
what is the ultimate superman weapon in das2?

Ruler's Sword?
>>
File: nameless king.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nameless king.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>164985103
post ladder webms
>>
>>164985303
Hey guys I totally found this secret NPC standing next to this giant throne in the open, ALL ON MY OWN...

I don't know if being so rubbish at this game makes it more or less entertaining.
>>
>>164985863
Warped Sword and Ice Rapier.
>>
>>164985358
His name is actually sulyvan, pontiff is his title. He became pontiff after he killed Gwyndolin together with aldritch. He also locked up Yorshka. There are probably more things but thats all I can say off the top of my head.
>>
>>164985678

Steam name.
>>
>dsp is streaming DaS
one of you with a darkwraith twink gotta invade him and steal his humanity
>>
>>164986332

He's on 360.
>>
>>164983000
"PS3s"

Also the PS3 is capable of insanely good graphics (close to PS4 levels) when it's optimized properly. But it's dogshit for multiplatform releases. It's because of it's weird architecture.
>>
Are there any weapons considered cheap or douchebaggy for pvp/fight clubs?

I've been using Ornstein's Spear and sometimes the L2 charge just blows people the fuck up
>>
File: gargthrust.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gargthrust.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 295x41px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 295x41px
>>164986332
>>
>>164986621
>Those R2s

Truly the best Souls game.
>>
>>164985863
I don't know what a superman weapon is, but Majestic Greatsword and Zweihander will outperform ruler's sword in almost all situations, and look cooler doing it.
>>
>>164986442
Can you not invade or anything on 360 anymore?

He could be playing the Xbone re-release via the backwards compatiblity on the store, can't you invade in that?
>>
>>164985863
In terms of sheer fuck you damage, Ivory King Ultra Greatsword > FUGS = Sacred Chime Bell Hammer
>>
what's a good shield for faith builds?
i've been using silver eagle kite shield +4
>>
What's the lore behind Wolnir? Who was he?
>>
>>164986587
>People getting hit by lightning charge
Nothing wrong with that, its easily avoided/parried. Although generally pasive reactive cunts using only katana running attacks are somewhat frowned upon.
>>
>>164985103
>>
>>164986764
even if you're 838 and have a billion souls?
>>
>>164986860
At one point in his life, he was inside a human being.
>>
>>164986753
>he doesn't know you can 360 degree dead angle them and can't be interrupted out of the attacks.

It's was great using the BKS and BKGS in full havel's. If you're within attacking distance at any point, you're going to get launched. The R2s also have a special damage modifier or something because they do more way more damage than any other greatsword / UGS R2.
>>
>>164986821
>Can you not invade or anything on 360 anymore?

It's rare to have a 360 here. Everyone is on PC or PS3.
>>
>>164986860
dude who was cool and skilled then fell to dorkness.
>>
>>164986852
Sacred bloom shield to fuck over mages.
>>
>>164986332
>DSP
is he still relevant?
who the fuck cares
>>
>>164986939
wrecked
>>
>>164986753

The R2 is slow because it has a special knockdown animation and higher poise damage. Still, it should be faster so it could compete with the Claymore R2s.
>>
Can you invade into lower NGs if you've go the right SL?
>>
>>164987461
Yes
>>
>>164986939

You almost got destroyed in the end.
>>
>>164987461
Can you lower into invaded SLs if you've got the right NG?
>>
>>164987198

Yes, he's still a Pillar.
>>
File: risitas.jpg (19KB, 644x362px) Image search: [Google]
risitas.jpg
19KB, 644x362px
DSP can't beat the gargoyles in his trip back to DS1
>>
>>164986946
For Zwei? No. For Majestic? yes.

Majestic has 480 AR at max level, 130 counter, and it's unique attacks have insane (2x) damage modifiers and poise destruction. The extra levels for equip requirements are also less costly than 1m souls.

Ruler's Sword had 559 AR at max level, 110 counter, and normal (.97, 1,2, 1.15, 1.4) swing modifiers.

The unique attacks and high counter damage make Majestic out-damage Ruler's sword in every attack except for non-counter R1s. Majestic also just has a more viable moveset in general, since Ruler's shares the shitty BKGS moveset.

Zwei is better on low stats for reaching the same damage output without gimping yourself by carrying 1m souls.
>>
What's the lore behind the curse-rotted greatwood?
>>
File: 1479339503405.png (162KB, 430x332px) Image search: [Google]
1479339503405.png
162KB, 430x332px
>mfw using force on great sword users
>>
File: 1483831978239.jpg (47KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
1483831978239.jpg
47KB, 569x472px
>>164986939
https://youtu.be/xt6UvMvLs1s?t=28m27s
NEVER FUCKING FORGET
>>
>>164987840
I'd like to know this too, I've always found him a cool boss. Apparently a tree filled with curses, and the undead settlement worshipped it.
>>
>>164986860
He was the previous Lord of the Profaned Capital, (I think) he was Yhorm's father, and a major dickass who had his citizens killed and tortured just because.
Eventually the Abyss came after him and he went nuts and fucked with his people even harder, until he fell into the actual abyss and become a big skelly while being protected from the abyss by his glow sticks.
>>
>>164987840

One of the ancient demons ate the seeds from an apple which led to a tree growing from inside him.
>>
File: 20161228_182713.jpg (3MB, 4138x2955px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_182713.jpg
3MB, 4138x2955px
Reminder that you can subtly see traces of a face
>>
File: fanfiction.jpg (296KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
fanfiction.jpg
296KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>164987425
That's not really an excuse, especially when you compare it to the zweihander 2hr2 in the same game

>>164987768
Ruler's Sword has the Mirrah Greatsword moveset, not BKGS.
>>
Why are partial parries more punishing than just getting hit?
>>
>>164989679
to discourage parryfagging

which is probably what you're doing
>>
>>164989679

That's the game letting you know you're a scumbag for parry fishing.
>>
>>164989679
>high risk high reward maneuver
>is surprised when he's punished for failing
>>
>>164988969

Zwei 2hr2 is legit OP tho.
>>
>>164989779
>>164989843
>>164989898
Fair enough.
How come 2 hits with my weapon (What I can do against a parry'd NG+6 Gundyr) does more damage than a hornet ring riposte?
>>
>>164989679
How so? Partial parries means you lose some stamina/hp. Missing a parry means eating atleast two hits.
>>
>>164990036
Hornet doesn't work against bosses
>>
Can someone explain to me how the fuck is it possible for an enemy to roll away after getting hit by my first hit? Im always locked in place for at least 2 hits regardless of weapon used.
>>
>>164988313
I can't see anything with the quality of this picture
>>
>>164990507
When you win enough at PvP you unlock higher tiers of stunlock to upgrade your weapons to
>>
How do I get dsfix + pvp watchdog and reshade work?
I got dsfix and watchdog working but when I installed reshade I fucked it all up.
>>
In the age of Playstation, the games were unformed, shrouded by fog.
A land of armored machines, moonlight swords, and everlasting sequels.
But then there was Demon’s Souls.
And with Demon’s Souls, came disparity.
Guns, and Swords
Single, and Multiplayer.
And of course, Sony and Bandai.

Then, from the Dark- They came.
And found the Dark Souls within the gamers.
Tanimura, the First of the Designers
The Bandai of Namco, and her daughters of marketing.
Miyazaki, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful developers.
And the pygmy fanbase, so easily forgotten.

With the strength of the PS3, they challenged the gamers.
Gwyn’s mighty atmosphere peeled apart their stone skepticism.
The marketers weaved great controversy.
Tanimura unleashed a miasma of numbers and stats.
And Shibuya the Spineless, betrayed his own. And the games were no more.

Thus began the age of Kadokawa.
But soon, the Souls will fade, and only spiritual successors will remain.
Even now, there is only DLC.
A man sees not games, but only spiritual successors.
And amongst the new releases are seen carriers of the accursed "Souls Formula"
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-09+at+01.43.27).jpg (69KB, 372x571px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-09+at+01.43.27).jpg
69KB, 372x571px
i like how DLC made this picture a little more relevant given that Pontiff, a winged being, seems to be directly connected to the race of tree people
>>
How do I get white tendency in Demon's Souls?
>>
>>164992226
Never die in human form in a world and kill at least two bosses from the default. Don't be online because it can reset your tendency back to the server default
>>
for some reason yuria isn't showing up. maybe I killed her? in NG+ and i killed abyss watchers before taking the extra souls. is she necessary for usurpation of fire ending? im at the part where i can save anri from the assassin or not.
>>
>>164992226
Get pure black by killing yourself in body form multiple times.
Kill the primeval demons and a boss.
>>
File: 1479712498782.jpg (254KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479712498782.jpg
254KB, 1280x800px
>>164939838
Just finished a crossbow only build on DaS1 due to this image. I have the DaS3 version, but is there one of these for DaS2?
>>
>>164992840
>ds2
>doing anything but 99 adp with two handed rapier and stone ring
Why torture yourself? The game even lets you respec.
>>
>>164992398
>>164992749
I just took a quick look at how it works.
This shit's terrible, as bad as soul memory if not worse.
I'll follow my original plans and ignore it.
>>
>>164993591
If you didn't start the playthrough yet, all you need to do to avoid world tendecy as much as you can is, commiting suicide in nexus each time you kill a boss and leaving one boss alive in each world.
You can get everything if you do that.
>>
File: 1455832741108.jpg (10KB, 249x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455832741108.jpg
10KB, 249x200px
>>164987893
>he is not getting much use out of his DMB is he?
>>
>watching lirik get his ass handed to him repeatedly by friede

why is it so satisfying to watch scrubs eat shit over and over again?
>>
>>164993591
It's not worth worrying about unless you're after 100% achievements with as low time investment as possible
>>
>>164994987
literally who
>>
>Favorite Youtubers playing Dark Souls
>Remember how much fun it was
>Played it two years ago on a pirated copy on my old computer
>Hear about how online play can be fun

Should i buy it on steam or pirate it again?
>>
>>164995528
Buy it if you want online stuff, but with DSCM being the main way the online works now, maybe it would function on a pirated copy.
>>
>>164995256

i thought the same thing but he's got like 25k viewers so i decided to check him out, turns out watching him get pegged by friede repeatedly is pretty entertaining.
>>
>>164995656
Eh, i don't really wanna risk it, plus i could get a virus or two if i'm not careful, it makes me paranoid as hell
>>
>>164992840
rollan
>>
God fucking damn it.
How do I pick the loot behint the altar in The Fool's Idol arena? I just got there again to pick it up and the gargoyles brought me to the archstone again.
>>
>>164996041
that was shitty
>>
>>164996107
Hug the wall and walk around
>>
File: collateral damage.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
collateral damage.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>164985103
>>
File: Upskirt.webm (3MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
Upskirt.webm
3MB, 840x472px
>>164985103
>>164985948

Okay.
>>
File: skip.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
skip.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>164985103
>>
>>164985948
>kill a blue
>get kicked out while host is still alive and well

I'll never understand the point of being a purple except for that new boss invasion glitch. Really hope they never patch that out because otherwise damn... makes no goddamn sense.
>>
File: hJGdgqF.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
hJGdgqF.png
183KB, 386x406px
Are the Farron or Wolf Knight greatswords viable in PvP? I looked up their moveset, and although they look baller I bet they're too predictable for PvP?
>>
File: fresh from the oven.png (96KB, 415x274px) Image search: [Google]
fresh from the oven.png
96KB, 415x274px
I brought pizza!

>>164997443
>>164997443
>>164997443
>>
>>164997242
Farron is a meme but WK GS is literally one of the best GS's in the game in one of if not THE best weapon class in the game. The WA's aren't even that bad if you know how and when to use them, but even if it had no WA's at all it's still one of the longest GS's and has one of the highest AR's.
>>
File: 1483897535430.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1483897535430.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>164997575
Wolf Knight GS it is.
>>
>>164969545
>>164969627
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm pretty sure he meant to say GreatHAMMER.
>>
should i level past 120 on my bleed build?
>>
>>164973346
Stop posting.
>>
>>164984025
Go away jojo faggot.
Thread posts: 761
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.