[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's and Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 780
Thread images: 127

Swamp Party Edition

Didn't equip the rusted iron ring >>164699068

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/Q35HE3X5
>>
File: verward.png (225KB, 1305x908px) Image search: [Google]
verward.png
225KB, 1305x908px
>>164768907

I have absolutely no clue what you mean with this post.

>using glitches is fine if you're fighting against weapons that are already bad

?????????????????????

Where are you even going with this
>>
Favorite spells to use?

Favorite mage weapons?
>>
Recommend me some good unusual weapons to use in DS2 pvp.

A few ideas I'm thinking so far:
>Partizan
>Syan's Halberd
>Gyrm Great Hammer

And does anyone have some tips on making these weapons work in PvP?:
>Yorgh's Spear
>Curved Nil Greatsword
>Royal Dirk
>Red Rust Scimitar (PS?)
>Any halberd (seriously, I can't ever hit anyone with the standard halberd moveset...)
>Sacred chime Hammer
>>
Is there a SINGLE reason why way of blue, blue sentinels and darkmoon couldn't have been made a single covenant?
>>
>>164769665
I'm saying the opposite. Toggle escaping is not fine. Using it is not fine. It exisitng makes the game worse since the weapons toggling is best against also happen to be mostly bad weapons in the game.

The way the game was intended, and how it should've been is, if you're bad enough to get hit by an ultra, they get to empty their stamina on you. That's because even if they do manage to hit that, they're still weaker than the top tier weapons but would at least have something to do in PvP beside Gr8 club BS fishing.
>>
>>164769813
Because they are all for different progression through playthrough. They expect way of the blue for early game, blue sentinels for mid-game, and Darkmoon for late game.
>>
File: 1477408807692.png (840KB, 1016x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477408807692.png
840KB, 1016x1080px
How do we stop them?
>>
>>164769035
I'm still here. I can summon you with no problems with that SM.
>>
>>164769752
Try any of the spider weapons, puzzle sword and royal dirk(RH)+espada ropera(LH)

Spider weapons are okay. Use the fang's r2 at close-middle range and it randomly catches people offguard so you can spam r1 while they're fatrolling. Spider silk is fairly long and it's good way to keep your distance while chipping turtles away

Puzzle sword works if you mix the R2 with R1s. R1 like you normally would to whiff and use the R2 when they're in midrange. The range on this sword is surprisingly underestimated and you can whip people when they think they got away plus the followup R2 is like a extended spear attack.

Royal dirk should be used to rollcatch people while Espada Ropera will be your main bread-and-butter to harass people. You can 2h the royal dirk for the long knife moveset or even powerstance and l1/l2 to rollcatch for huge counter damage. Espada Ropera can also parry and you can switch to a high riposte weapon to finish them off. It's a nobleman weapon set that's fancy as fuck and makes use of every move.
>>
>>164770661
we kill them in ds3's second dlc
>>
File: BOSS WEAPONS.png (56KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
BOSS WEAPONS.png
56KB, 640x360px
I

HAVE

GOT
>>
File: 20170106192851_1.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170106192851_1.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>164770773
Waitin'
>>
I wanna 100% DS3 on xbone since I did the same for the previous games.

This means I have to rank up once or twice in every covenant.

Any tips?
>>
File: boss weapons.jpg (78KB, 644x1200px) Image search: [Google]
boss weapons.jpg
78KB, 644x1200px
>>164770920
>>
>>164771113
Stay low level to get covenant activity for farron watchdogs/blue sentinels.
>>
spitballing ideas that wouldv'e improved das3 covenants
>Warriors of Sunlight:
Whatever, they're fine
>Way of Blue:
Combined with Blue Sentinels
>Blue Sentinels:
Function as police officers, and protect other Sentinels
>Mound Makers:
Grapes function like they already do, but can summon red phantoms. Hosts being invaded by Grapes have a higher chance of being invaded by other grapes mid-invasion. Killing the host with babysitter phantoms still in world grants more shackles.
>Fingers
Like they are now, but hosts are blocked from summoning help if they are invaded by a finger, to prevent ganks
>Watchdogs:
Fine
>Dorkmoons/Faithful:
I want these two covenants to interact somehow, since they kind of take up the same space, like the area behind pontiff and anor londo. Maybe some kind of "territory control" thing? Where the two covenants invade each other back and forth, but have different spawn locations. I want it to encourage melee brawls with lots of people on both sides.
>>
>>164770348
not only is this really stupid as an idea, why exactly would darkmoon be "late game" when it's literally identical to blue sentinels for practical purposes
>>
>>164770987
I don't see your sign.
Let's try with the ring. I've picked the 1st god.
>>
>>164771301
i'd rather they make it so grape signs look like white signs

right now grape doesn't even work because there's zero reason to ever summon one unless you just don't know any better, then you learn to never summon them again

there's no reason to even bother taking the risk when you can summon white/gold so easily
>>
I heard about BB2 might happen this year. Is this just some clickbait garbage rags publishing idle rumours or what up?
>>
>>164772008
yes
>>
>>164770987
Not sure if it was you because armor and weapon was different, but thanks. No way?
I still need to kill blue Smelter Demon if you wanna help.
>>
>>164772515
I guess someone else helped you
>>
Blue sentinels should auto-summon you be summoned into other player's boss battles to help them. Should be based on similar soul level. You get reward by killing bosses.

Darkmoon should auto-summon you while a player is being invaded, prioritizing higher SL invaders. Should have no lower limit for soul level. You get rewards by killing invaders.

Way of Blue should give you priority for both covenants to come help you. You get rewards by killing invaders or bosses with either, but takes longer to level up.

Priority tiers for who gets support form Way of Blue / Blue sentinels:
>+2 priority: host is in way of the blue covenant
>+1 priority: Host is in a boss battle
>+1 Priority: for each invader the host has
>-1 Priority for each co-op phantom the host has

So if you summon 2 co-op phantoms, it's unlikely that you'll get a blue phantom supporting you. If you are invaded by 2 people (or invaded during a boss battle) you should get the highest priority for darkmoon/blue sentinel.
>>
>>164772562
He looked nothing like the character in your pic, but I saw his sign both when I was not wearing the ring and when I was wearing it, so I thought maybe it was really you.
What do you say about the Smelter Demon then?
>>
>>164772612

Meant as a reply to
>>164771301
>>
>>164771797
>grape signs look like white signs
I feel it
>>
How all DS covenants should work:

>There should be some reason to farm the covenant even if you just want to play the main story. (such as both sides of Cat Ring)
>The items obtainable from the covenant should be obtainable elsewhere even if you are not in the covenant, the covenant just gives you an alternate (and more fun) way to obtain them.
>The items required to upgrade the covenant should be obtainable elsewhere even if you are offline, the covenant just gives you an alternate (and more fun) way to obtain them.
>You should be able to level up all covenants on a single character/NG.
>The covenant should continue giving you useful rewards even at max level.
>The covenant should be necessary for most players to interact with at some point to complete the game

The ideal covenant in DS is the cat ring covenant. Darkwraith is second.
>>
>>164773232
You can essentially rank how good a covenant is by how many rules it violates. Like DS2's Blue Sentinels, which violates every single one of those rules and is now basically impossible to level up.
>>
>>164772739
Might as well try, but I'm not expecting anything since online in DaS2 sometimes decides to not work properly between 2 people but when trying to connect with others "it just works"
>>
File: At Last.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
At Last.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>164770661
>Serpent rhymes with merchant.
>>
>>164773432
Alright. I'll put the Name-Engraved Ring and choose Caitha, Goddess of Tears (3rd one).
>>
>>164773232
>cat breaks 3rd rule
>darkwraith breaks 2nd and 6th
>>
>>164773232
I agree with all of those except I think every covenant should have one reward tier that gives something unique and flavorable to that covenant, even if it's just a set of armor. Nothing overpowered, just mid tier stuff that you can use to show off which covenant(s) you belong to and/or like the most.
Adding to that, all of the covenants should have an interactive leader who you actually talk with, DS3 was terrible with that.
>>
>>164773432
>>164773542
Nevermind. I see your sign without it. I summoned you and died, I think. Summoning again.
>>
>>164773232
>>The covenant should be necessary for most players to interact with at some point to complete the game
This is what made me hate 2 and 3's covenants. They're a bunch of nobodies
>>
>>164769752
>Partizan
take a good look at the strong attacks 1handed and 2handed, one of em sweeps left, while the other sweeps right. best spear with best moveset
>Gyrm greathammer
dont use lock-on
>Yorgh's Spear
go 2handed only, onehanded moveset sucks
hitcheck with 2H R1, if it hits, follow up with second R1. Bqckstep into sprint attack is really good as a counter
>Curved Nil Greatsword
put it in your left hand and powerstance with one of the smelter swords
>Any halberd
don't use lock-on
>Sacred chime hamner
don't use lock-on
>>
Do all of these faggots praising this boss invasion glitch not realize how much it messes up bosses supposed to be player vs boss and nothing else if they so want? Having someone invade, and fuck up the boss for you isn't a thing most players want. If they want help they can summon help. Having a player without any interaction or anything notifying you, come in and kill your boss isn't immersive or even designed around, it's completely flawed and makes no sense.
>>
>>164772612
there's no reason for way of blue to exist, it's an inherently bad idea because it requires too many things to happen for it to work

blue invaders should be able to protect eachother, or getting blues to protect you should just be a ring anyone can wear

nobody wants to join the pussy covenant when they could join a covenant that actually lets them do things, especially when there's no actual penalty for abandoning covenants anymore
>>
>>164773986
Play offline
>>
>>164773986
play offline if you want to ensure you aren't distracted fighting the boss
>>
Is there a tier list for DS3's spells like there are for weapons?
>>
>>164773702
Every covenant breaks at least 1 rule. Cat Covenant is the best because you don't get benefits for upgrading, so needing to be online to level it up doesn't really have an effect. That sort of half-exempts it from the "should be able to level up offline" rule.

Darkwraith doesn't break the 6th rule because Kaathe is a semi-mandatory encounter through the gameplay. You don't have to play in the covenant, but you -are- invaded throughout the game and you -can- meet Kaathe without seeking out the covenant.

Brotherhood of blood, however, is a lot worse. It's optional no matter how you choose to complete the game. You can't get the items in NG without the covenant (only NG++), you can't level up the covenant offline, there's no reason to farm it if you aren't in the covenant (all you get are effigies), etc.
>>
>>164774104
>>164774143

Wow are you serious right now. Good thing you will never develop games.
>>
>>164773845
I actually forgot that I didn't lvl ADP on this character, good fight anyway
>>
File: 20170106210557_1.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170106210557_1.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
What leggings would work best for this getup? I don't really want to go full mail or full plate, but I'm not sure if Elite Knight clashes too much.
>>
>>164774338
>skinny chainmail with big bucket helmet
kek
>>
>>164774315
Thanks for the help.
Actually, I didn't want to rush, I wanted help to clear the area before proceeding to the boss, but thanks anyway.
I guess I'll despawn those enemies after the lever, it will end being easier.
>>
>>164774249
You have three options. Either wait patiently for it to get patched, play offline, or play unembered. Either way, stop bitching.
>>
File: Haras.png (82KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
Haras.png
82KB, 256x512px
>>164774481
Well yeah, those were worn together after all.
>>
>>164773841
I'd agree with that. I haven't played DS3 so I didn't realize they don't have covenant leaders.

I think part of making the covenant mandatory to notice in normal gameplay is having those NPCs.

A boss weapon covenant would be a cool idea, like Ornifex giving you reward for collecting lord souls and upgrading boss weapons.
>>
>>164774338
Fuck that's the getup I was going to do for my DS3 deus vult build. I was going to use Executioner Leggings and Drakeblood Gauntlets.
>>
File: 1481564147208.png (249KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
1481564147208.png
249KB, 400x305px
>>164774492
>actually clearing that shithole
There's literally nothing interesting to loot from there
>>
>>164774725
Wouldn't Drakeblood leave you with exposed upper arms? The only ones that cover those when wearing that body armor are Creighton's and Undead Legion, to my knowledge.
>>
>>164774034
DS2 did it right by making the first 2 covenants you can join right at the start of the game the pussy covenant and the hardmode covenant.

The only reason DS2's way of the blue was broken was because blue sentinels were broken.

Make them not rely on eachother and make Way of the Blue the default early game co-op covenant and it would be useful. Make it easy enough to level up that by the time you reach Blue Sentinels / Darkmoon, you already have way of the blue leveled up, provided you stuck with it for most bosses.
>>
>>164774807
Followers gauntlets and fire maiden wraps also cover your arms
>>
>>164774679
DS3 does have covenant leaders, but only two of them are actual living beings, and only one of them can actually talk.
>>
>>164774338
Faraam or herald leggings.
>>
>>164774732
Frozen Outskirts is still my favorite DS level. It's pure nihilism.

>Nothing useful
>The only loot is a grim reminder that Lucatiel is dead and hollow
>random mob spawns
>oppressive blizzard

So much of dark souls is supposed to make you feel tense because of how restricted, crowded, and aimed against you the world is.

But Frozen Outskirts gives you open exploration but makes it feel somehow -more- terrifying than a structured, tight level.
>>
>>164774919
Follower's do not, I literally tried 5 minutes ago. They leave your biceps naked.
>>
Do I have to do yuri's side quest in order to find horrace at the smouldering lake?
>>
>>164774891
>The only reason DS2's way of the blue was broken was because blue sentinels were broken.

it's a chicken/egg thing with the clusterfuck that is ds2 invasion covenants

I fail to see any reason why they don't just make it so becoming a blue invader isn't a pain in the ass for once and let them protect eachother, it just seems like a way to artifically inflate the number of covenants to keep it in line with previous games without actually having to do any work (where the fuck is my dragon/gravelord covenant in ds3?)

they made getting red orbs a pain in the ass until NG+, so there's less invasions, so there's less of a reason to be in way of blue and less things for sentinels to do because of that

this isn't really related but pve covenants that work like CoC are also a horrible idea because it has the exact opposite problem way of blue does, where it's something you have no reason to ever turn off if you're going to use it at all
>>
>>164775127
No
>>
>>164775117
>random mob spawns
They're not random though. Someone's even mapped them out.
You also get the best ring in the game from that area.
>>
>>164775126
Sorry mate I could have sworn it was the same length as the abyss watchers gloves
>>
>>164774338
Silver knight, Lothric Knight, Black Iron unless you wanna look like a pussy knight wearing normal boots
>>
>undead match
>win
>point down
>stalk dung pie

Feels good man.
>>
>>164774934
DS3 covenants sure where disappointing.
>Invasion covenant isn't required to invade infinitely, and gives you practically nothing for doing it.
>Two Blue Sentinel covenants, even though they are literally the exact same thing, down to the Way of the Blue not having a leader and needing to turn stuff in to the Darkmoon leader.
>Two territorial covenants, though only one ever sees action.
>Typical Sun covenant, but garbage rewards that you can't even claim till nearly the end of the game unless you cheese Dancer early.
>Mound-Makers.
>>
will dlc2 save it
>>
>>164776173
no, but the important thing is it'll end it
>>
>>164776032
>>Two territorial covenants, though only one ever sees action.
Both see enough action, desu lad
>>
>>164776173
>Implying it needs to be saved
>>
>>164776032
>Invasion covenant isn't required to invade infinitely
That is a good thing.

>want to invade in 2
>your orbs are held hostage by duel cancer or ascetic farming
>want to invade in 1
>have to leave your covenant (meaning you'll lose half the rewards of some) and be a darkwraith since there's no way to get more than 10 crackeds if you don't join darkwraiths or return to it every 99 invasions
>>
>>164776407
Wish fingers had something cool though. As it is, there is no reason to put on that emblem.
>>
>>164776407
>That is a good thing.
Then why does the covenant exist? inb4 muh roleplay
>>
Why did FROM remove the blue eye orb?
>>
Question for you guys:

In my eyes, the things that make souls games worth playing are:
>Customizable combat mechanics (like a mech or sim game)
>Integrated PvP/Covenants
>Unique Atmosphere and the way they integrate Lore

Everything else is done by other games, usually better. To me, those three things are what makes it stand out as a unique game.

So my question is: Would you still play the games if it only had one of those things? If so, which one?

I've always loved Dark souls for the combat mechanics, the other two, to me, are just bonuses. I would play a dark souls game with shit atmosphere and no multiplayer if it had the same really complex customization and combat.
>>
>>164776773
Because they removed Sin.
>>
Conspiracy theory: From is delaying DS3's DLC because they know it will be a long time (mid-late 2018) until their next game release, and they want to keep hype for the company up as long as possible before that delay.
>>
>>164776032
>Two territorial covenants, though only one ever sees action.
the fuck
they both see a shitload of action
>>
File: Dark Metroid II Soul Echoes.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Metroid II Soul Echoes.webm
3MB, 852x480px
wtf I love DS2 now
>>
>>164776829
Souls game are essentially 3D metroidvanias with PvP so yeah.
>>
>>164776829
You could remove the online functions entirely and I would get pretty much the same amount of enjoyment out of these games, minus a sideshow that goes from fun to boring after about 3 hours
>>
>>164776640
>>164776743
I'm not saying fingers are good, I'm saying allowing everyone to invade easily is. I'd prefer something like 1's system if enemies could drop orbs, or if 2's farming methods were faster, but as it is now, 3's returns to DeS, allowing non twinks to invade earlier and not forcing you to do anything to earn invasions once you beat an early miniboss once
>>
>>164777089
>posting the same webm in every thread
here is your (you)
>>
>>164777097
>metroidvanias

They're Ocarina of Time gameplay + Armored Core mechanics and storytelling.

The atmosphere is also ripped entirely from Berserk.
>>
>>164777237

I just saw it on a /v/ webm thread, never had seen it here before

Also fuck you everyone spams the same shitty boring webms over and over, that one at least is cool
>>
>>164777054
That seems pretty stupid, it would be totally unnecessary and there would be hype and interest in anything new they were going to release.
>>
>>164776829
There are games that do better customization than souls, the issue is that they're mostly not 3D/real time, but building a character in Souls isn't as interesting as one in a roguelike or RPG. They're often as imbalanced as Souls which is a plus

I'm only sticking around for invasion/coop fuckery, the only other game with a similar system I saw was some FPS and I'm not a fan of the genre. If whatever next spiritual sequel they make lacks this, or neuters it more than BB did, then I'll probably lose interest
>>
File: 546457.jpg (508KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
546457.jpg
508KB, 1280x1920px
>use red soapstone and get summoned
>put on obscuring ring
>walk around the corner
>3 gankers waiting for me
>nah, fuck that
>pelt the host with a dragonslayer greatarrow and run away
>they look around but for the love of christ can't find me
>they go back to their hole
>rinse and repeat
>>
File: ac tuning.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ac tuning.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>164777485
>the issue is that they're mostly not 3D/real time

This is basically the main reason why Armored Core stayed relatively popular for 20 years. It's souls-style customization (or rather, Souls is AC-style customization) but taken to an extreme.

I think that Souls Fans really fall into those 3 niches though. Either they like the invasions and wouldn't play the game without them, they like the customization and play things like AC, or they like the atmosphere and play souls along with Witcher and Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>164777424
>that seems pretty stupid

You must be new to From Software.
>>
If it was up to you, would you patch boss / unannounced invasions?
>>
>>164778232
I'd make them a feature but separate.

You can boss invade under certain conditions but it's annouced.
You can invade without them knowing in others ways too
>>
>>164778232
they should be a feature of mound makers by default
>>
>>164778232
Make them a covenant, limit them only to the bosses that are otherwise not that fun.
>>
>>164777089
those animations.. so bad.. those textures.. so bad.. this game is so ugly
>>
>>164778009
>Souls game with customizable Bosses/AI when
>>
>>164778658
Looks better than DaS1 tho
>>
>>164776407
nah, darkwraith to use red orb was a good mechanic

>have to leave your covenant (meaning you'll lose half the rewards of some)
none of this shit matters except if you're using DMB for some reason and really want to level it up, everything else lets you keep the rewards you've already earned and it makes for an interesting covenant interplay where you have to go from the covenant that gets you humanity really fast to the other ones to level it up

it's not a perfect system by any means, but it's a lot better than the later games, especially since as from makes the invasion covenant easier to get into they've also made them less and less worth it
>>
so are us dipshit's doing anything with this game or are we waiting for the DLC
>>
>>164776829
I play dark souls because it's the 3d castlevania we never had

the online stuff was only interesting in demons and DS1, and every game since has watered it down more and more to pander towards pve only carebears and pvp only 1v1 duel nerds, who are equally scum of the earth for opposite reasons
>>
>>164778658
>implying From has ever made a good looking game

If you want pretty graphics, go play some cinematic game. All souls games look like shit, it's the atmosphere (sounds+lighting+level design+motion) that is good. The actual visual styles, physics, and textures are always dogshit.
>>
>>164779291
>souls games look like shit
>lists visual things as reasons they look good

ds2 looks like a ps2 game outside of the bloom and could probably run on it just fine with a minor downgrade, especially in the boxy as fuck level design and clunky animations
>>
besides the club sold by the hag, what is a great early game strength weapon which will last me until I get an amazing strength weapon?
>>
>>164779291
but the only game that looks better than ds3 is witcher 3
>>
>>164779291
>says the games look like shit
>posts that lightning is good
are you mentally impaired?
>>
File: dark souls graphics.gif (1MB, 2960x860px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls graphics.gif
1MB, 2960x860px
>>164779431
So does DS1.

I don't get this whole "DS2 has shit graphics" debate. DS1 hid its re-used textures by making some levels pitch black. Otherwise, they have about the same amount of low-res textures, shitty AA, low poly models, and bad lighting. DS2 just added bloom and got rid of all the awful lagging lazy effects like Sif's fur or the lava in DS1.
>>
>>164779698
>.gif
is this 1998?
>>
>>164779523
The use of lighting to create atmosphere is good. The actual appearance of the lighting and graphics are bad.

Like a movie that uses a low budget camera and looks like shit, but justifies it by making it part of the plot. Still looks bad, but the immersion is fine.
>>
>>164779089
DeS's system was better.
It also hurt gravelords.
There's no issue if the full orb is only there for members, but crackeds need to be avaliable some other way. Making every player only have 10 invasions per playthrough if they don't join darkwraiths did hurt online a lot and one of the big reasons you'd never be invaded by new players during early areas like you could in DeS
>>
>>164779831
While we are at it
>invade
>half a minute long loading screen
>disconnected from multiplayer session
>don't get shit
>orb doesn't get refunded either
>>
>Complaining about graphics on games made for consoles first and ported to PC later

It's always microshits shitboxes fault, remember this.

Ds2 doesn't have shitty graphics, xbox 360 did.
>>
Why aren't you watching ya boy DSP? He's going back to Dark Souls
twitch dot tv /darksydephil
>>
>>164779698
ds1 has actual art direction hiding mediocre visuals
ds2 shows them wide open on top of having lower res textures which is especially visible on character model, armor and weapons
the fact you need to cherrypick a ds1 screenshot and compare it to ds2 promo to support your shitpost is hilarious
>>
>>164779698
>DS1 image is a zoomed out birds eye view that you'll never see in game
>DS2 is a bullshot

are you this bored, or do you have some kind of stupid agenda?

>>164779831
you aren't really wrong, but the thing about ds1 is that invasions weren't supposed to be a super common thing like they were in DE, that's why the reward is less useful. The idea is that it's this secret thing that you have to do by ignoring the "intended" story path by doing 4kings early or somehow not instantly talking to framt after getting the lordvessel, and so you get this cool power.

You can argue if that's a good idea or if they even did it well, but it was pretty clearly supposed to be a thing that tied the player into the lore instead of just A Game Mechanic like it was in the first game.

Definitely agree there should've been more red orbs. Maybe add a bunch of orbs in the non flooded part of new londo, to hint that's where the darkwraiths are & let people get them whenever without it being right in the obvious path
>>
>>164780174
because i literally throw up a bit every time i'm even reminded of him thanks to that retarded fapping on cam event.

thanks
>>
>>164779831
>invade
>30 sec load screen
>kill host
>30 sec load screen
>warp back to nexus
>30 sec load screen
>kill yourself after climbing stairs for 30 sec
>30 sec load screen
>warp back to level
>30 sec load screen
>invade, repeat

Demon's Souls invasion system is shit and only Bloodborne's is worse
>>
>>164780310
found someone who never played in bb
>>
>>164778808
its amazing how the sequel can look worse than its predecessor
>>
>>164779465

Mace is more fun than the Club. On my strength run, I used the Great Club until I got the Great Axe. Dropped that when I got Yhorm's Machete.
>>
>>164779498
I think DS3 looks like dogshit for 2016. It's just a lot of blur. fog, dust, and darkness to hide some of the ugliest game design. Maybe it looks better than other 2016 games becauase everyone's using the really ugly Unreal Engine now.

It's actual gameplay graphics are on par with Last of Us, Evil Within, and Dishonored. All of which are 3-4 years old.

From has never made a good-looking game, and that's fine. It's not their niche. If you like the way dark souls looks, good for you, but don't pretend it's some graphical innovation or pretty masterpiece.
>>
File: 1430100283087.png (133KB, 808x637px) Image search: [Google]
1430100283087.png
133KB, 808x637px
>>164780510
>gameplay graphics
>>
>>164769689
Spells: HSM, HCSM, Farron Hail, GFD, Flashsword, Soul Greatsword, Normal/Great Soul Arrow, Soul Spear, Crystal Soul Spear, Affinity. I like Soul Stream the most by far, but the whiff damage is garbage. I'd use it in pvp if it hit for full when you fire it locked off

Weapons: MLG, Heysel Pick, Pure Mage, Crystal Longsword, CMW Darksword.
>>
File: dick.jpg (354KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
354KB, 800x800px
DSP is about to stream the first dark souls game again without any help. It would be a shame if someone invaded him.

darksydephil@twitch
>>
>>164780310
You could just kill yourself in the level, world tendency isn't that important. I still think orbs being farmable in a convenient way afte a while should be mandatory if you don't have a full orb for free.

>>164780390
They are. Bell maidens are in way too few areas, you are invasion immune at early SLs and at non maiden areas, immune unless you ring a bell.
>>
File: 20170106003635_1.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170106003635_1.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>164779498
The sight directly from the tower where you fight pus of man and get a bow. San Andreas looked better than this.
>>
What game has the hardest areas? Ignoring bosses entirely, just area difficulty in general.
>>
>>164780678
won't he play offline or something
>>
>>164780510
It's not just unreal, 2016 games are mostly designed for 4k 60fps or built on engines trying to support VR. That's why they look like shit.

2012/2013 games were mostly designed on 1080p 30/60fps so they focused more on actually looking good than trying to run without blowing up consoles.

>>164780659
Gameplay graphics = excluding demos, E3 shit, cutscenes and cinematics. The graphics of the actual game during play.
>>
>>164780746
well xbox one can't handle a few more textures and polygons so that had to be done. and you know, completely impossible to have it be something else there on PC
>>
>>164780859
>Last of Us, Evil Within, and Dishonored
>on par with ds3

go get your eyes checked buddy
>>
>>164780450
that's what happens when poor management is combined with mostly inexperienced team
i've read a bunch of stuff on the game development and it seems like every little thing has been thrashed over and over, and then they had to downgrade the graphics halfway through development as well
>>
>>164780780
dark souls 2 if you don't just kite enemies because of all the enemy gangbangs
>>
>>164780867
You have no idea what you're even talking about.
>>
>>164781096
you're delusional if you think that sort of optimization wasn't done only because of the ps4 and xbone version
>>
>>164780780
At peak? DS2's DLC areas. Probably Brume Tower's Iron Passage is the hardest, or Frozen Outskirts.Mostly because enemy placement is relentless and there's no gimmicks/tricks around it, you just have to slog through wave after wave of OP mobs. But the rest of the game's levels are really linear and simple, not very hard at all.

On average? DS1. It has some really annoying areas that are hard because of sadistic level design (Lost Izalith, Demon Ruins, Tomb of the Giants, Anor Londo etc.). The mobs are easy, it's just shit like the anor londo snipers that make them hard.
>>
>>164771301
Dorkmoons can invade the guilty and Dorkmoons can be summoned to assist invading Dorkmoons.

Being a Faithful is automatically guilty.
>>
>>164781069
ds2 enemies are so shit they can't really kill you even by gangbanging you
move around, provoke their attacks, punish
>>
Can you Item Swap the NG+2 Rings and/or Boss Weapons in DSIII without fear of reprisal? I really want to get my Pontiff twink up and running, but I need the rings.
>>
>>164773232
Ideal covenant seems like bellbongerbros
>Farm for chunks and slabs to keep up an inventory of strong weapons in WEAPON AT RISK Souls 2
>Chunks can be gotten at other places
>Can be leveled up to max just by AFKing
>Chunks great at even higher levels since you also get slabs
>Most players go through Belfry Sol and Luna since they have fantastic loot (Including the key that makes the boss easier)
>>
>>164781353

You can for +2 rings. Not sure about Boss Soul items. That reddit sheet states you can get banned if you swap in ass Souls. Not sure if Boss Soul items count.
>>
>>164781301
not with their 360 degree tracking
>>
>>164780829

He'll be online.
>>
File: 1428936217341.png (168KB, 542x520px) Image search: [Google]
1428936217341.png
168KB, 542x520px
>>164781547
>Including the key that makes the boss easier
Good thing SOTFS moved it out of Luna so this entire area is now pointless and barely sees traffic.
>>
>>164781610
Would it just be safer to transfer the items from my main to a kind anon who's available to drop them?
>>
>>164781240
It's more likely that the PC optimization was hard for them to do because they're using BB's engine, which was optimized for PS4.

From also doesn't really know how to dev for PC, never has.

>>164781012
>inexperienced team
DS2's team probably had more total experience, but it was all console-only experience with Armored Core, a game that doesn't have exploration levels, isn't on PC, and doesn't emphasize graphics.

It's more like they started making a game with one niche team, and then halfway through development, handed it to another team that was used to completely different types of games and had to work with what the first team had started.

Tanimura knows what he's doing, but he has the exact opposite priorities as miyazaki and was forced to conform to that.
>>
>>164781240
DaS loads up only chunks of levels with high details (the ones you are currently in and ones in close vicinity) and you're telling me because console are weaker that means they couldn't handle a pathway with high LOD that's right outside of playable area?
>>
>>164778658

Go back to shitpost on twitter mr president
>>
>>164769689
DaS2:
Spells:
PvE
Soul Vortex, Dark Hail, Soul Spear Barrage, Soul Greatsword.
PvP
Affinity, HCSM, Soul Shower, Soul Greatsword, Great Combustion, Outcry, Soul Shower, HHSA, Dark Dance, CSS.
Weapons:
Sanctum Shield, Sanctun Crossbow.

DaS3:
Spells:
PvE:
Hidden Body, Rapport.
PvP:
Dark Flame, Fire Surge, HCSM, Soul Greatsword, Farron Flashsword.
>>
>>164781764

Yeah. I can help you with that.
>>
>>164781703
this honestly doesn't mean a thing, roll away from them, don't try to rollstab them
simply bait attacks, wait till they are over and destroy them
i don't remember a single ds2 gank i couldn't destroy this way because they are all designed like shit and with enemies who are designed like shit
>>
>>164780678
>>164780829
>>164781709
He's talking about it right now. He said that he'll turn it off if people are too OP for him.

So, like, after two deaths.
>>
>>164781547
Good choice. Removing bastille key from the gargoyle fight makes it not really mandatory to interact with, which sucks.

Bellbros is still a great covenant though.
>>
>>164781912

He's playing on the 360 anyway.
>>
File: 1382021725054.jpg (27KB, 197x233px) Image search: [Google]
1382021725054.jpg
27KB, 197x233px
>>164781709
>>164780829
>>164780678
>WOW, WHY IS EVERYONE INVADING ME WEARING THAT STUPID MASK HAWHAWHAHWH
>>
>>164781994
Yeah, that's also a thing.
He's also a whore for high framerates, but apparently the 360 version has it worse than the PS3?
>>
>>164778658
>>164781829

Dark Souls 2 was the worst, really the worst. We have games- look at dark souls 1, it was tremendous, these people with Dark Souls 2 is the worst. I have so many people talking, you ask them, ask these guys, they say "Dark souls 2 was bad, it was the worst". It's a problem, a tremendous problem. We got to fix this problem. They tell me "fix this!" so I'm gonna do it. We got to get rid of the game, we got to get rid of Dark Souls 2. We have to work on this, it's a tremendous problem. We're gonna make dark souls great again.
>>
>>164782221

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6K5KtW3W8

Blighttown seems slightly better.
>>
Why is the netcode in DS2 so fucking awful? 90% of the people I fight just teleport all over the place and hit me by swinging their sword halfway across the area. It's rarely this bad in the other games.
>>
>>164771301
>>Way of Blue:
>Combined with Blue Sentinels
>>Blue Sentinels:
>Function as police officers, and protect other Sentinels
This is a pretty good idea because it'd increase the pool of people to be protected massively. I've been saying this since DS2

>Grapes function like they already do, but can summon red phantoms. Hosts being invaded by Grapes have a higher chance of being invaded by other grapes mid-invasion. Killing the host with babysitter phantoms still in world grants more shackles.
You mean you'd be able to summon red phantoms into a hosts world? I love the idea

>Like they are now, but hosts are blocked from summoning help if they are invaded by a finger, to prevent ganks
Honestly, I think invaders should generally prevent hosts from summoning. Not phantoms they already have out, but just summoning new ones. It'd prevent summoner class hosts which is generally really not fun.

I also like your darkmoon/faithful pvp idea.

Overall though something that is missing in DS3 is some sort of oddball covenant. DS1 had gravelords, DS2 had rats, DS3 has nothing with interesting different mechanics.
I always thought it'd be cool if there was a covenant that could possess a random strong enemy in the level, and I feel like this would've been possible technically, considering how people manage to do it offline with cheat engine in their own world.
>>
>>164782540
>>164782221
360 tends to run at higher framerates for multiplat games than PS3, PS3 tends to run better for exclusives and has higher potential. PS3 is also better for having high poly models and textures, but 360 is better for rendering large areas, lighting and particle effects I think.

360 versions of Armored Core games have different lighting / particle effects than the PS3 games for that reason, to keep the framerate from crashing. Dark Souls is probably similar in terms of running better on 360.

That's because PS3 had its weird cell architecture going on, but 360 was just a standard card.
>>
>>164780678
Will he play on the pc or the ps3? Probably ps3 but asking anyways. To be honest I'd rather invade a salty baby like Yukas and point him down than bully DSP who, despite his shittiness in games, actually puts some effort into his craft.

Overall as fun as it was, streamsniping isn't that much fun anymore because you can't really fuck with the streamers without being a hacking moron and at that point you're worse than the guy you were invading. And DeS scraping spear requires like 0 effort to ruin someone.
>>
>>164783009
He's playing on xbox 360.
>>
>>164782880
I'm pretty sure moundmakers are supposed to be the oddball covenant
>>
>>164783009
The fact that DSP actually keeps up with streaming and makes it work despite the whole metal gear incident and the meme he's become, makes me think he's probably a cool guy despite being dumb as hell.
>>
>>164769752
>Royal Dirk
One of the best PvP weapons in the game. Near unreactable dagger moveset with alright length and good counter damage. Just two-hand it and go ham with running attacks and r1s. Though black flamestone dagger has same moveset, but is longer and thus better. Just don't forget robflynn and, depending on opponent, stone ring, and chloranthy, of course. And any weapon buff.
>Any halberd
Their moveset is bad, but it's not that bad and is compensated with enormous damage. Get two mastodon halberds, infuse one into lightning, get flame weapon buff and 50 str. If opponent does not do elemental resists, use the buffed lightning one, otherwise use physical. As for your tactic, sadly you mostly gotta backpedal and attack when opponent is in range, fishing for trades, or circling for backstab, but it is possible to be aggressive with a halberd at opportune moments.
>some good unusual weapons to use in DS2 pvp.
Try 2handing sanctum shield while using affinity, dark dance, HHSA, soul greatsword, heavenly thunder, dark fog and dark orb on a 40 int 30 fail build. It doesn't do much damage with spells, but it's compensated by being able to hit opponent with your shield, safely and for great damage. You should alternate between hitting and casting.
>>
>>164783149
Maybe, but they failed spectacularily. They're just regular invaders who have an easier time getting their item.
>>
>>164782540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkX9PyXQzqM
>xbone version is shit too
wow microsoft great emulating capabilities right here
>>
>>164781776
Well, technically BB's / DS3's engine is a heavily modified DeS engine.

>>164776407
Seriously anyone who hates DS3 for allowing everyone to invade people infinitely like DeS is delusional. DaS2 had shit pvp because there were no invasions because lul no red orb.
>>
>>164783194
He's a cool guy, but he's also a genuine retard at times and really does thing's he shouldn't.

Basically he's a human being.
>>
>>164783194
DSP is a thoroughly unlikeable character but he's probably gotten more people into soulsborne than any of the other "pillars"
>>
File: 1478905759975.gif (2MB, 540x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478905759975.gif
2MB, 540x450px
Is anybody else seeing mound makers entering and fucking around in boss rooms while host fights the boss? It's happened to me like 4 times in a row today.
>>
Anyone wanna train me or train together on PvP?
Im performing really bad and really want to git gud
>>
>>164783803
Yea, there's a glitch and a bunch of souls streamers have been abusing it.
>>
>>164781883
Ah, thanks a lot. Red sign works for dropping items, right? So I could red sign into your world, then you white sign into my alt's?
>>
>>164783975

Yup. I'll be at High Wall. Pass: dsg. Character name: Avalynn
>>
>>164783837
Passworded duels or soapstone? or which fucking game and platform
>>
>>164783837
"train"
How? Just play the game. Study weapon movesets and always have a gameplan.
>>
>>164783009
>>164780678
Is he fucking reading a guide?
>>
>>164771301
The thing I have against the grape change is that every grape will behave like an invader, this'd already make them the only invading covenant.

Here's how I'd change the 3 non area invaders:
>sunbros
Can't hurt or be hurt by ither sunbros, doesn't matter if invading or WSS. You can invade as them to be immune to some ganks and to not hurt some other invaders.

>grapes
Cause more phantoms to spawn in the world more frequently.
The grape gets no warning of when new phantoms come, nor hear the sound. They do not know the host name and every phantom appears as if they were using untrue ring. To make up for the handicap they could get a mini foe's ring buff

>Fingers
Don't get embers from invading, but they are allowed to invade embered and lose less estus than other invaders.
>>
I havent played in awhile, need to start fresh. Looking for some suggestions on a good PVE build, stat wise doesnt matter, ill give anything a shot
>>
>>164784102
Actually, anon, don't worry just yet. I realized something quite bad.
I forgot to give Ludleth the Kiln before killing him
Now I have to run through NG+6 to greatwood in order to transpose both of my boss weapons

It'll be like 30 minutes, rip
>>
>wake up
>no thicc sliders
>>
>>164783194
>>164783475
>>164783536
DSP is an awful person who guilt-trips his viewers into donating money into his Patreon by complaining about his personal mistakes, like buying a $250k house and new furniture then taking out two mortgages on the property.

And that's just one of his issues.
>>
>>164784192
Ah sorry DS3 pontiff area the password is "Meat" i will put red summon sign
>>164784198
IDK im just doing same mistakes all the time
>>
File: Princes.png (305KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
Princes.png
305KB, 500x447px
>>164784308

Just post when you're ready.
>>
File: 1462485608151.jpg (225KB, 1049x665px) Image search: [Google]
1462485608151.jpg
225KB, 1049x665px
>>164784352
>>
File: tumblr_nk8lc6qp161u25kiio1_1280.jpg (212KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk8lc6qp161u25kiio1_1280.jpg
212KB, 1280x853px
>>164784352
Good.
>>
>>164780258
>DS1 image is a zoomed out birds eye view that you'll never see in game
>DS2 is a bullshot
DS1 pic was taken at the stairs leading to the undead burg, you can even see them.
Are you this retarded, or do you have some kind of stupid agenda?
>>
>>164784445
>still no mention of platform
booting up my n64 then
>>
>>164784815
Ahh im so dumb it's PC
>>
>>164783837
Game, Platform, SM/SL?
>>
>>164784872
Well I'm waiting for your red sign you silly goose
>>
>>164784947

PC - Pontif arena - SL72 - password "Meat"
>>
>>164784743
>>164780258
I just pulled the images off google image search and tried to find whatever showed the most textures... I think the original purpose was to show that DS2's textures were not lower res than DS1's.
>>
File: hard leather set.jpg (163KB, 769x451px) Image search: [Google]
hard leather set.jpg
163KB, 769x451px
Why did they drop the ball so hard in DS3?

I thought DS2 was bad when I played it, with how every armor gave you a huge ass and seemed skirt-like, but DS3 is something different entirely.

I can't be the only one who is insanely bothered by this, right?
>>
>>164785015
It must be there switch cross region matchmaking on
>>
File: ds1_2.jpg (2MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
ds1_2.jpg
2MB, 1920x2160px
>>
>>164783837
>getting caught on rolls 4 times in a row
anon...
>>
File: knight set.jpg (134KB, 712x452px) Image search: [Google]
knight set.jpg
134KB, 712x452px
>>164785064
>>
>>164785064
Best looking sets in DS3? One of my favorites is the Undead Legion set
>>
So what does 60fps on DS1 fuck with? 30fps is fucking rough.
>>
>>164785424
I told you i was bad
>>
>>164784445
Well, once you master the fundamentals you'll be able to beat most players. Learn about spacing, roll catching, trading etc.
>>
>>164785226
that's pretty damn good, what ds1 mods are you running
>>
>>164762840
>Hey, they killed off Ornstein for like the third time, Gwyndolin, and Quelaag's Sister. Now in the DLC Priscilla is confirmed dead.
>What makes you think any more NPCs won't get killed off?

When did the last Witch-Sister die?
>>
>>164785482
It makes two jumps a bit difficult and makes one very irrelevant ladder bugged out if you fast slide down it.
>>
>>164785226
the only way to compare the two games graphically is to compare the same armors or very similar areas.

DS1 quality is all over the place, a lot of areas look way worse than anything in DS2, but some areas look better than DS2's worst. You can find unflattering comparisons for both games.
>>
>>164785481
But anon, the Undead Legion set is a Bloodborne set.
>>
>>164785424
That was estoc right
>>
>>164785594
>two jumps

You mean running jumps?
>>
>>164785482
>>164785594
Oh and there's one other bug I assume is related to an unlocked framerate where you can get stuck sitting at a bonfire without a menu but this is very rare and possibly directly caused by exiting the menu quickly a certain way.
>>
>>164785482
60fps or higher fucks with game physics. Cap to 59 and the only thing you'll have to worry about is falling out of the world by sliding down a ladder, but I'm pretty sure only one ladder in the game has that problem.
>>
>>164785747

That happens if you turn human very quickly after sitting down at the bonfire. It's not related to 60 fps but the framerate unlocker, which you should have enabled even if you're playing at 30.
>>
>>164785482
Don't listen to >>164785843 he's talking out of his ass. 60FPS (even as opposed to 59) does NOT fuck with the game physics, the only effects that actually do happen are the ones mentioned here
>>164785594
and here
>>164785747

Otherwise there's nothing. If you REALLY want to slide down that ladder or want to have an easy time with jumps, you can bind a hotkey to toggling 60fps midgame. It's backspace by default, but can be changed
>>
>>164785634
Wut
>>
>>164785481
Actually, replace the helmet with Silver Mask and it does remind me of Bloodborne fashion
>>
>>164785670
4 rollcatches with Millwood battle axe, then it was estoc. Work on your predictability my man, don't rely so much on running attacks
>>
File: 20160506160755_1.jpg (1MB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20160506160755_1.jpg
1MB, 2715x1527px
>>164785226
>>164785476
>DS1 with mods
>DS2 on a toaster
7/10 made me reply
>>
>>164786386

It's Sohan So as you seen what should i focus on where am i doing right and wrong? Why my attacks never stagger? Why only hardly ever i can catch combos? thats kinda the reason i run attack a lot cause i can hardly ever stagger and combo. I heard weapon art of my weapon is OP but i can likely never use it and when i do it doesnt even do that much damage
>>
>>164786105
Over 60 definitely does fuck with physics. I think I tried it at 75 or so at one point and I fell through the Parish elevator.
>>
File: gCazxFq.jpg (47KB, 540x437px) Image search: [Google]
gCazxFq.jpg
47KB, 540x437px
going through my first SL1 run on DS1 standard version for PS3, i knew it would be pretty dead

but i didn't think it would be this dead
>>
>>164786478
I'm comparing the armor design, not the graphics, you absolute retard
>>
>>164784482
Got it back! I'm ready to summon you whenever you're ready
>>
File: 20170106213838_1.jpg (396KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170106213838_1.jpg
396KB, 1680x1050px
Hail to the king /dsg/
>>
File: 20160517192405_1.jpg (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160517192405_1.jpg
555KB, 1920x1080px
>>164786478
>>164786683
>Same armor set
>I'm comparing the armor design
You're comparing the graphics. And if you're comparing armor design, Alva set is proof DS2 has great armor too.
>>
>>164786684
sign down
>>
>>164786535
Did all twinblades get nerfed or something?
>>
>>164786840
>you didn't actually post what you posted, I know better than you
Anon...
they're noticably different in each game. I purposedly picked the same ones for a direct comparison.

You're quoting two different people by the way, I'm >>164785476 and >>164785064
>>
>>164786612

60 fps makes the surfaces more slippery also. You can get stuck on small ledges, similar to that one spot in the Great Hollow that does it even at 30.
>>
>>164786956
I dont think so, ive been using sellsword for ages and they still get the job done nicely
>>
>>164786867
>Sign timing out
Fuck you Dark Souls 3
>>
>>164786995
>>164785476

Is it just me or does it seem like DS3 made armors look a little worse to try and make them look more like DS1?

DS2's armors look kinda bland because they were meant to combine better with each other. DS3 armors look terrible if you mix and match.
>>
>>164787163

Let me try summoning you.
>>
>>164787224
Sign dropped.
J'vael
>>
>>164786995
Not trying to argue what you mean to say, I'm just saying that the actual design doesn't change, only textures and models. Basically graphics, which by the way, your DS2 samples look worse than they should.
Any reason for that?
>>
>>164786956
Favorite/best twinblades?
>>
>>164787359
The DS2 knight sample looks bad because of the lighting being flat, with the others having shadows. The warrior armor is fine though.
>>
I just recently started playing the demon/dark souls series. I started in order of release. So I beat demons and just recently beat the first dark souls. Now I've been playing dark souls 2 for about 10 hours or so and it just feels like garbage and I don't understand it.
>>
>>164787298

You mind posting the sets you dropped? Might not have some of those so I can't see any duplicates.
>>
>>164787561
Sellsword actually they are the ones i ever used
>>
>>164787561
Sorcerer's Twinblade.

FUCK DS3 TWINBLADES
>>
>>164787642
It was Life Ring+3, Ring of Favor+2, Wolf Knight Leggings, Court Sorcerer Robe, Golden Bracelets, Wolnir's Crown, Propane Greatsword+1 and Greatsword of Judgement +1
>>
>Want to use curved swords for pvp
>get parried

Even if I change the timings on my R1s, they just parry spam
>>
File: roll stagger.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
roll stagger.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Any explanation for this yet?
>>
File: dark set.jpg (159KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
dark set.jpg
159KB, 800x477px
>>164787192
I definitely noticed this. Lots of armors in DS2 go well with eachother because they tried to keep the colors a little consistent on many of them. Shades of gold/brass can often be mixed and matched without a problem in DS2. It made them look a bit worse than the DS1 counterparts but it was fine imo because of the fashion souls it opened up.
Meanwhile in DS3 the actual shape of the armor, model-wise, is all kinds of fucked and proportions are really strange. I think they kind of made proportions more bloodborne-y on lots of them, which doesn't agree with the ones that were designed with normal proportions in mind.
Then they also went back to making all metals a different shade, so you can't even mix and match stuff easily.

Here's another example

>>164787359
The textures and models are a part of the design, just a different step of the process. I think it's still part of the design because it has a lot of bearing on how it actually looks ingame obviously.
>Any reason for that?
Randomly picking one the right size on google I guess
>>
>>164787851
If they parry spam it shouldn't be too hard to backstab them
>>
>>164787705
Sorcerer's Twinblade was amazing, looked dope with Crystal Magic Weapon also
>>
>>164786535
You're just way too predictable, if you're far away from me you either
>do running attack
>do rolling attack
Unless you got parried before that then you somehow learn to not spam that. You also tend to empty your stamina bar too much with pointless L1 follow-ups. Your attacks do stagger but if I use weapon with hyperarmor then it's likely that only you'll get staggered.
>>
>>164787924
The game thinks you fell on him. That's the "somebody fell on me" stagger animation.

Happens often near stairs and slopes, surprisingly more often if you're below someone
>>
>>164787814

That was all right?
>>
>>164787642
Thanks a ton for all this! I can finally begin boss invading the shit out of people as Pontiff's Squire.
>>
Why was there a Darkwraith in Lothric. Why didn't they just kill it?
>>
>>164788632
Because he was 2strong
>>
>>164788632
He locked himself in because he threw a temper tantrum about not being able to 1v1 in invasions anymore
>>
>>164788056
Everyone uses hyperarmor weapon tho
and even when you did weapon art just done shit damage i think it got nerfed really or buffs effect is way too much
>>
>>164787952
It's because DS2 was made by AC designers like Tanimura, and they're used to making parts that are supposed to mix together. Miyazaki tends to make armors as unique sets and doesn't consider how they would mix. It's really obvious if you compare the Miyazaki and Tanimura AC games.
>>
>>164769493
How do you beat the game?
>>
>>164788632
Look around him, it's just an old armor storage room and with the kingdom gone to shit they don't need it anymore, it'd be a waste of time.
Duh.
>>
>>164784646

>wearing armor

disappointed
>>
>>164787952
>that crotchplate

DS3 why
>>
>>164784646
Are these permanent in DS3? And do they show up for other people?

I want to fix my build up without speaking to rosaria but if I have to CE it every time I won't bother.

Also is there any chance this gets you banned?
>>
are we having a degenerate fc tonight?
>>
>>164788778
I'm using +0 weapons against you, my man. You would die in 3 hits otherwise.
>>
>>164789330
i could host now at demon bridge or lothric castle
>>
File: patchesFall.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
patchesFall.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>164788095

It doesn't look the same to me.
>>
>>164789353
Then you really have a lot of hp mine is +9 and we do equal damage. Am i improving btw?
>>
>>164789436
make it DSII, the choice for the pvpers
>>
>>164789439
He was blocking in the 1st webm.
>>
>>164789439
Maybe it's because he was blocking? I could've sworn I've seen this animation fighting players lots of times before
>>
>>164789439
your webm is right, i.e, minor stagger, like getting hit by a blighttown mosquito
the other webm is from running out of stamina while blocking
>>
>>164789436
Nameless King Room FC When?
>>
>>164788947
You go and kill some bosses, and then the final boss, and then interact with a bonfire or entrance to the throne.
>>
>>164789514
I'm doing like 40-70 damage per hit depends on what shitty weapon I pull out. You still do too many running attacks to my liking. Twinswords are not the easiest weapons to use in pvp. They have a combo potential (one L1 into weapon art for instance which you never do). but things like Carthus Curved Sword or Follower's Sabre are just so much easier to play with. I would consider your overall playstyle as "predictable aggression", because I can see you wanna sit on people's faces and melt them, but you just do the same patterns every time. You should definitely improve at spacing too. Staying outside enemy range and attacking them when they're in recovery frames of their attacks is crucial when you use weapon with no hyperarmor.
>>
>>164789330

Will Dragonsis be there?
>>
File: pls respond.png (7KB, 759x551px) Image search: [Google]
pls respond.png
7KB, 759x551px
>>164789168
>>164789168
>>164784646
>>
Lost Sinner on NG+ is a fucking nightmare.
Sinner herself is easy, but those pyromancer phantoms are annoying as fuck and they just can NOT stay still.
Are the other lords this horrible, too?
>>
File: m'lady.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
Dark Souls 3: What are the extremely important quests to do? The ones with necessary quest rewards? I'm not magic, faith, or pyromancy so that narrows it
>>
>>164791101
The Rotten has the great mighty poo moveset in NG+
>>
>>164790379

Im using keyboard and i know i will sound just extremely stupid but im using keyboard and i dont really know all thjat r1 r2 l1 l2 stuff can you tell me the combo in keyboard controls? Im not really thinking on changing weapons cause i really love the style (another reason i dont weapon art is that ts really hard to hit and doesnt even do that much damage atm without buff)
>>
Can the Greatsword of Judgement's WA R2 hit with the weapon AND the projectile for massive damage?
I'm trying to learn the way of the Sullyvahn and I'm trying to figure out when to 2h which weapon.
>>
>>164791101
>whining about pyro phantoms after they got nerfed to hell
They used to have 3000 HP each.
The other lords have no NG+ differences. Well, Freja does, technically speaking.
>>
>>164791153
None of them really have any good rewards. The most notable one would probably be the silvercat ring from Sirris but otherwise it's all just crap you'd only want if you're going for achievements/collection completion
>>
>>164791153
sirris for cat ring
yoel+yuria for gestures and rings
hawkwood for dragonstones and a ring
leonhard for his set
>>
>>164791218
Just go try it out

I'd assume so though, most weapon arts like that can. Even the ones you wouldn't expect to, like Morne's Rage.
>>
>>164791218

Yes, it usually does about 500-600 damage if both hit.
>>
>>164791243
>They used to have 3000 HP each.

I remember this. Lost Sinner herself was also nerfed, but I don't remember the specific changes. I think it was just HP and damage?
>>
>>164791492
>>164791506
Awesome.
Time to boss invade the shit out of people.

(+2 Boss Weapons and SL50 should be fine for Pontiff right?
>>
Trying to do some PvP stuff, reddit seems not to lie this kind of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHsLVvCcmY
>>
>>164791723
Before or after pontiff?
I used to invade after pontiff, at SL60 +6 (normal) and had a ton of fun there. Lots of genuine invasions, almost exclusively actually.

Just don't go over +6 respectively +3 for boss/unique weapons because then you will exclusively get ganking faggots and fightclub tryhards.
>>
Why do so many people wear those fucking gay sealer robes in DaS1?

They're always total fags with multiple summon butt buddies too
>>
>>164791892
It was aimed for both the Pontiff boss fights and Aldritch.
So SL60 +3 on each Boss Weapon should be fine?
>>
>>164791852
>denial
>hornet ringswapping
maximum shitter
>>
Tears of Denial:

I mem it, cast it, then sit back down and re-mem my normal spells. As long as I don't teleport or otherwise zone, it sticks with me until it triggers, yeah?
>>
>>164776284
I couldn't ride an elevator while being Aldritch Faithful. I'd get summoned halfway up and then find myself back at the bottom, like, 5 times in a row.

I forgot I was a wolfbro because I literally never got summoned.
>>
>>164792063
Denial is countered by thorns, shown it in the end of the vid
If u let yourself get parried you deserve to die
Get good
>>
>>164791852

You're really good! I like how you confuse people with similarly-shaped shields. That's very clever.
>>
>>164791101
>>164791165

It's amazing how much NG+ changes the boss fights. Even Last Giant gains new moves and is generally better AI in NG+.

I feel like bonfire intensity 2 SOTFS was what DS2 was supposed to be, but between being rushed and made more casual, it was all pushed to NG+.
>>
what is a good, relatively easily and early accessible weapon for strength builds in ds2? and for quality builds?

besides the fire longsword
>>
>>164792021
Yea should be fine, maybe potentially stay at SL55 optimally for both. +3 is fine though, almost everyone has a weapon in range at that point.
>>
>>164791852
Are you the one from the video? That was nice, but if you want a personal recommendation from a fellow Valorheart user, it's the following combo: the R1 roll catch true combos into a jumping attack. Normal R1 doesn't work, but if the R1 is a roll catch the damage and stun comes a bit delayed letting you get the jumping attack in if you pressed it quickly after the R1.

I tried to get into Scott Jund's King of the Keep with my Valorheart but sadly I lost to a laggy sabre after about 5 wins.
>>
>>164792390

Great Club.
>>
>>164792390
Mace
>>
>>164792398
Yes I am. Gotta share some other vids if you let mw

So u mean the combo is rooling r1 into the jumping attack? did not quite get it
or u mean i should delay my attack after they roll the combo it with jumping r2?
>>
>>164792317
>Even Last Giant gains new moves
explain pls

what does he do?
>>
>>164792390

The regular mace can easily serve you for the entire game.
>>
>>164792390
Millwood Axe for strength, just run through the DLC for a couple minutes once you get to cathedral.

Great Club and Great Machete are also pretty good.

There are too many good/easy to get quality weapons to list.
>>
>>164792643
He has a bellyflop move similar to the demon of song. It might be something he only does when surrounded, also, but I've never seen him do it in NG, only NG+.
>>
>>164791198
I'm using a controller since DS1 so I don't even know keybindings on keyboard. Basically you can do things like
>running attack the one with single blade is faster than with two by the way -> weapon art
>1 attack with both blades -> weapon art -> heavy attack with one blade or attack with both blades again if they're stupid enough to roll towards you
Anyway, don't be afraid to do pvp even if retards will point down or send hatemail. You can only get better by playing and with time you will get better. Don't do so many running attacks because people with just punish that after they see it 3 times in a row. In most cases it's better to play a little more defensive and swing after the enemy with weapon like that. You also tend to kinda mash that attack button and hit air because I'm well out of your range after the first swing.
If you like the moveset of sellsword then you can also try warden twinblades which require a different build to work properly, but are also really fun if you can land that combo and blow people up.
Never give up, get some experience, youtube guides might also help you and you'll be killing people left and right
>>
>>164792873
He does that in both vanilla DS2 and sotfs without burning an ascetic in NG tho. Solo.

It's just rare, most people don't see it the first time around. He does it when you get some distance, actually.
>>
>>164792642
By roll catch I mean when you for example walk up to someone and they panic roll away and you time your delayed R1 so it hits them at the end of their roll's i frames. If you're confident in the timing of your R1 and imput a jump attack at the end, they will get hit by both the R1 and the jump attack while they're stunned. The timing with Valorheart is very similar to any straight sword, it's just a bit trickier since the range is less but even top tier players mistime their rolls from time to time and you will be able to take advantage of it with a little prediction.
>>
Can I share a bit of other my stuff here if you don't mind
Kinda throwback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxdwdB8fSYM&t=91s
>>
>>164791153

Helping Siegward (Rotund Onion Knight) is relatively easy to do and gives you a free titanite slab.
>>
>>164792998
Thanks, I already learnt that catching at the end of roll helps and chains with the swordart sometimes but didn't try to learn timing, ill try later
>>
File: 20161222070346_1.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222070346_1.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw no sallet

It hurts...
>>
File: 1466003938793.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1466003938793.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>Woolie is using the drake sword
>He didn't free lautrec

why am I watching this
>>
File: 1432434642880.jpg (274KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1432434642880.jpg
274KB, 500x417px
>>164793050
>can't even toggle out of wog
you're trying to be fancy too much tovarisch
>>
>>164792390

Unironically the Estoc from Lenigrast.
>>
How viable is a biw/xbow only build?
>>
>>164794865
Depends on the game
DS1 - yes, but needs some items to be more fun
DS2 - yes, try out binoc with a crossbow, actually a lot of fun
DS3 - yes period, it's even very viable. Aim for the head always, lots of enemies have weaknesses to headshots that are really cool. Especially big ones.

For an example, did you know that in DS3, if you shoot giants in the head enough, they'll fall on their knees and need like 20 seconds to recover? Similiar with the Pontiff beasts, but you can actually riposte those while they're stunned.
>>
>>164794865
if greatbows are allowed you can stomp the fuck out of the game with millwood greatbow alone
crossbows in ds3 are godly too
forget about normal bows though, they should've gone with simon's bowblade moveset instead of shit we got in ds3
>>
>>164792390
Remake character until you get demon hammer from birds using the stone before witch house
>>
FC?
>>
>>164795028
How does the millwood greatbow compare to the other ones? Are they very different or is it just the WA?
>>
>>164795017
What items does ds1 need? Or are you talking about rushing bows that arent shit?
>>
>>164794703
when u miss the timing of wog already being casted there is no reason in trying to toggle out, roling before is better
>>
>>164795132
demon bridge, pass is dsg
anyone over 120 will be downscaled
>>
File: millwoodgreatbow.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
millwoodgreatbow.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>164795153
>How does the millwood greatbow compare to the other ones
it blows them the FUCK out
it's a single-stat greatbow unlike other two and reaches like 600 AR
in pve enemies can get hit both by arrow itself and WA explosion so each arrow can potentially deal 1k damage even outside of headshots
WA also works without any FP, though slightly weaker and with less staggering force
explosion deals max damage regardless of distance
i'd say it's by far the best greatbow in the entire franchise, literally nothing can even approach it
>>
>>164795361
PC?
>>
>>164795532
yes
>>
>>164792954
Don't lots of bosses have very rare moves that are always there but we rarely see. Like Nito had a grab that is super rare and stuff like that.
>>
>>164795404
Huh that's weird, I always assumed the dragonslayer greatbow would do more damage than the millwood greatbow for some reason. It actually is much better.

It caps out at ~520AR at 66 str with no dex and the dragonslayer greatbow has like 420 at 40/40.

That's really strange
>>
>>164795153
better unless you're a dexfag who can't meet the str req

though if you can't meed the req, it's actually still a tossup since the weaponart works I think

it's a single stat str weapon which is always twohanded, so it's stat efficient as hell, especially at low levels, and it easily has the best weapon art
>>
File: kalameet loop.webm (898KB, 966x682px) Image search: [Google]
kalameet loop.webm
898KB, 966x682px
>>164795595

Yes.
>>
>>164793419
>these legs

Is this character a quarian by any chances
>>
File: woolie.png (539KB, 448x604px) Image search: [Google]
woolie.png
539KB, 448x604px
>>164793786
who the fuck is woolie? I had a ds2 character named that, did some streamer steal my name?
>>
>>164795595
Not just bosses.
Did you know the turtle knights in DS2 have a low kick attack?
>>
File: 1404693716267.jpg (390KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1404693716267.jpg
390KB, 1280x1556px
>>164795850
why the fuck Kalameet has better animations than Sinh in DS2?
>that stylish as fuck evil eye telekinesis attack
>>
File: 20170106183255_1.jpg (416KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170106183255_1.jpg
416KB, 1600x900px
got 2 so far
get in here
>>
>>164791153
get those rings from yuria

proper bow is important to some people

silvercat is a pretty good reward, but cant' be obtained with the previous

as a safety precaution, you might want to get the tome from yuria and buy all the spells on it; if you're 120 and decide you want to try them out, you'll end up needing to level up 5 times to access them.
>>
My flagman PvP montage i guess, still made on PS4 recording software jsss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbkLB9KwZfk&
>>
>>164795595
There's a few, yeah. The most obscure one I know is a move Ceaseless Discharge apparently has where he'll smash all his talon-things into the ground several times in a row.
It's in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1FnH2fDmx0 at 4:35 in.
Never actually seen it in the game.
>>
>>164795985

He doesn't

Also in that move you're talking about he literally pivots around

And you're a shitter if you ever get grabbed by that
>>
>>164795932
guts's sword looked fucking terrible in ds2
>>
>>164785583
Apparently you find her corpse in 3, hugging her sisters corpse.
>>
>>164795932

Are you cosplaying as a mop?
>>
File: Calamity_Ring_(DSIII).png (158KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Calamity_Ring_(DSIII).png
158KB, 512x512px
>you don't get the cool red eye above your head when you equip the ring
Can this game get any worse
>>
>>164796410
That's not guts sword you retard that's the popsicle
>>
>>164795945
And unarmed hollow has a grab.
>>
>>164796617
That's not the ultra greatsword ? Never played 2
>>
>>164796296
That's interesting. If you note, both those last two claw attacks his other arm is locked into that hole in his chest with the rib-claws. This makes me wonder if you can somehow target that hole or arm to "cripple" him so he switches to a different "mode".

Does he do the cry emote if you loot his sister next to him?
>>
File: incoherent rant.jpg (60KB, 1712x178px) Image search: [Google]
incoherent rant.jpg
60KB, 1712x178px
>>164796703
Maybe you should hold back with the criticism if you never played it, pic related
>>
File: 20170106184519_1.jpg (399KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170106184519_1.jpg
399KB, 1600x900px
things are starting to pick up
>>
>>164797143
well to be fair, my point stands, that sword looks awful
>>
So you can invade the DLC boss room along as you have the white or host ring equipped?
>>
>wait 5 minutes for the game to find enough people for a brawl
>most people in the brawl are great soulspear spamming mages
>draw with no one dying because literally all everyone does is backpedal away from eachother until they get a chance to use great soulspear which always misses because it's impossible to get hit by that
>>
File: 1482443263882.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1482443263882.png
358KB, 552x543px
>skip black gulch because of all the poison
>Area after huntsman's is nothing but poisom
>>
Finally reached Level 55, with my Propane Greatsword and Greatsword of Judgement.

Lil' Pontiff is finally nearly ready to boss invade Big Pontiff and Aldritch.

The only thing I'm missing is maxed out weapons. +3 in both weapons should be enough to invade at Pontiff's area, since that equals +6 normally.

The problem is farming fucking Titanite Scales.
Can you CE itemswap those, or is there a way to get quite a few early on in the game?
>>
File: popsicle.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
popsicle.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>164797215
don't shittalk the popsicle
>>
File: 1464018550748.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464018550748.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
>tfw back to blighttown trying to get the firekeeper soul

epic
>>
>>164797435
There's a weapon upgrades cost no titanite script
>>
>>164797490
Just use the spider shield
>>
File: 20170106185640_1.jpg (420KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170106185640_1.jpg
420KB, 1600x900px
i'm filled up
any new players will be prioritized
>>
>>164797435
Lothric castle is filled with titanite scales.
>>
>>164797731
Welp, time to roleplay as Pontiff even harder and rape the Dancer.
>>
>>164796601
If it gave you an eye effect like the aggro ring in DS2 I'd totally use it
>>
>>164797681
I can't even see the darts man just kill me

I love getting random !!TOXIC!! messages
>>
Anyone have that poise value sheet?
>>
>wanna go into a DSG FC
>just started NG+ so i can't get to some places
>too scared anyway because i'm literally the worst DS player
>>
>>164797816
Again, use the spider shield and you'll be fine or snipe those fuckers from afar
>>
File: 20170107010003_1.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107010003_1.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>fight in arena
>still have to use Untrue Dark Ring to make buffs look good even without a covenant
AAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>164798013
most of people in FC are shitters too, don't worry
>>
>>164795932
Woolie is Oroboro's girlfriend.
>>
>>164797809
You got the whole tattoo look going on to mimic his face?
>>
>>164798109
This may be true but I don't want to be seen as "that one shitter".
>>
>>164797238
Don't even need ring. I'm using the purple glow to cosplay as best character's stand
>>
>>164798212
There's a person there with a cosplay name who isn't even remotely close to the cosplay. Just go.
>>
File: El Pontiffe.png (2MB, 1544x896px) Image search: [Google]
El Pontiffe.png
2MB, 1544x896px
>>164798165
Yep.
Gonna get the Boss Invades going.
>>
>>164784301
>is he reading a guide?
I'm currently not watching him but most likely he is reading a guide since I can remember his DeS streams where he sat down to "take a break" after getting destroyed by the Tower Knight multiple times and after coming from his break he knew what to do. This is when his asspatters in the chat weren't straight up spoonfeeding him.
>>
>>164798054
How does the untrue dark ring change buffs?
>>
>>164796410
Why don't you like my popsicle

It's like a big tombstone on a stick, and also it's different from the greatsword
>>
File: pls.jpg (183KB, 847x500px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
183KB, 847x500px
Whats the closest set I can make that looks like this?
>>
File: 20170107010815_1.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107010815_1.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
>>164798516
Removes the glow overlay.
>>
>>164798560
lel you faggot
nothing
>>
>>164798534
it looks way too crude, too thick too heavy
>>
>>164798560
probably the knight set in ds3, it actually kinda has a collar and a shoulderpad like that, only it also has a breastplate.
>>
>>164769813
Because summoning way of blue members wouldn't be useful.

Average darkmoon is slightly more useful than way of Blues.
>>
>>164798560
Play Lords of the Fallen.
But if not for the comically oversized pauldron, the DS3 Knight chest looks like it'd be perfect
>>
>>164798639
I never realized divine weapon does that.
Lightning weapon and darkmoon weapon don't do it, dunno about the rest. Strange
>>
>>164798560
Elite knight chest piece i would say
>>
>>164798534
>It's like a big tombstone on a stick
this actually would have made more sense and been fairly neat
>>
>>164769493
What's the Meta now?

Last time I played it was
Glaives and then Pyro builds with Pyro great sword
>>
>>164798560
Assassin chestpiece with huge upper body settings.
>>
>>164798876
The meta is literally everything is viable.

There's some things that outshadow other things by virtue of being straight upgrades, but you'll not do much worse with the sidegrades either.

The closest thing to a meta there is right now is using katanas (specifically washing pole) and only doing sprint counters. If you do this correctly and play 100% only on reaction there is nothing that can counter you
>>
>>164796703
>>164796617
>>164798696

Your both right and wrong at the same time. The sword is Crypt Blacksword, also known ad the Crypt Popsicle. It's not the Greatsword UGS, but the Popsicle is modeled more after the Dragonslayer than the Greatsword UGS is.
>>
>>164798696
>too thick too heavy
You know you love them this way
>>
>>164799059
Are you blind? The popsicle looks nothing like the Dragonslayer. It's way too thick, round, and short.
The Greatsword was changed in DS2 to specifically look more like the Dragonslayer.
>>
>>164798560
consider suicide
>>
>>164799203
You mean it's more like a heap of raw iron ?
>>
>>164799003
>theres no meta
>but if you play this 1 build right you cant lose

Do you not know what meta means?
>>
File: 20170107011625_1.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107011625_1.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
>>164798832
Just tried all the sorcery ones (mw/gmw/cmw/fw) and they all do it. Checked LB and it indeed doesn't do it, don't have DMB.
>>
I want to run DaS again, and do something weird this time around.

What's a fun dex/faith build?
>>
File: 1470257395675.jpg (85KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1470257395675.jpg
85KB, 722x349px
>>164799203
The external look of it is silly because of the dimensions but if you look at what the blade looks like, it's most definitely taking after Dragonslayer.
>>
>>164795985
I just very recently found out that grab curses you with the calamity ring effect.
>>
>>164798212
I'm winning most of my fights with shitty build like 30str/23dex, anything possible my man
>>
>>164797360
You can run through Black Gulch in under 20 seconds more or less.
And Harvest Valley is also really easy and you never have to fuck with the poison.
>>
File: bbw.jpg (109KB, 780x528px) Image search: [Google]
bbw.jpg
109KB, 780x528px
hey /dsg/

trying to make a berserker build for fun

what armor is gonna make me look like a frothing madcunt AND have poise?

pic unrelated
>>
>>164800093
Which game?
>>
>>164799994
>You can run through Black Gulch in under 20 seconds more or less.
This is even easier in NG+ where you have the anti-headshot helmet.
>>
Do I have to buy the catarina set from patches when I first meet him at the cathedral?
>>
How do you feel about the bosses transforming in DSIII?
Do you enjoy the transitions like Dancer getting her second sword, Friede transforming from Gherman to O&S to Maria or Nameless King going full DBZ with his dragon, or would you prefer if you just had the full powered boss fight from the start?

What about the music that accompanies the changes?
>>
>>164800128
oh, i forgot to mention, sorry. dark souls 3.
>>
File: 1LmlqhZ.jpg (463KB, 1994x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1LmlqhZ.jpg
463KB, 1994x1480px
>>164800093
>>
>>164791198
R1 = right handed light attack
R2 = right handed strong attack
L1 = left handed light attack or guarding with a shield if you're using one
L2 = left handed strong attack or parry if you're using a parry implement
>>
>>164800180

I think they're all great except for Friede's first form. It's way to simple.
>>
File: 1480884914644.jpg (673KB, 3204x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1480884914644.jpg
673KB, 3204x2398px
>>164800180
I like the bosses transforming, it shakes up the music and pace of the fights and overall is much more interesting in my opinion than just having the boss at "full power" all the time.
>>
Fuck me.

I'm the guy who bitched about the Cathedral of the Deep entrance area last night. I never opened the big door to reveal the Bonfire. Boy does that help...
>>
>>164800180
>Vordt dies before finishing his phase 2 transition animation even if you have an unupgraded weapon
Nice game
>>
>>164800180
I like that the transitions are faster/cutscenes.
I hated how in BB some bosses go into huge animations, like Maria, that give you huge free damage when they change
>>
>>164800093
Exiles, gundyrs, executioner. Look pretty creepy and mad.
>>
What's this boss invade I keep hearing about? What does it accomplish? I'm new to Souls games so there must be something I'm missing here.
>>
>>164800138
You have to do it before reaching Irithyll
>>
>>164800180
I think it's a bit overly reliant on it. I'd rather the bosses were challenging from the start.

Especially if you haven't learned the bosses yet it's infuriating.
>kill this dragon each time you want to get to the actual bossfight that kills you
gets old REAL fast.

The sad thing is even b-team realized this, so they gave fume knight a mechanic to skip the first phase.
>>
>>164800567
Oh a back way around too. I am shit at this.
>>
>>164800712
If you're an invader, normaly if the host cross the boss fog door you get sent back home.
The glitch allow the invader to not get sent back and be able to cross the fog door to murder the host
>>
>>164800823
ok, but is patches just going to stay at the cathedral?
>>
>>164800712
glitch that lets you invade people that are currently in a boss fight
you don't have to worry about this
>>
Help, /dsg/
How do I multiply items I can't drop with CE?
I don't wanna have to farm 50 Loyce Souls ever again.
I'm not familiar with CE, but I'm guessing item swapping an item that cannot be dropped will get me banned.
>>
>>164800572
At least his second phase music is one of the best songs in the game.
https://youtu.be/UIX_-AMuAhY?t=1m46s
>>
>>164801037
Kill the knights until one drops, use the item swapper to multiply the amount of souls in that drop to wherever you want it.

Though you really don't have that much to worry about with just item swapping it in anyway.
>>
>vit+fai regenerator tank build
y/n
>>
>>164800947
I think he only moves after you get the tower key in firelink. I'm not entirely sure because I always do Siegward-Patches event asap.
>>
>>164801082
>>164801153
I just found I can edit highlighted items too. Would that get me banned?
>>
>>164800180
Boss transformation was one of the best changes that happened to the series. Not only do the boss transformations shake up the fights, it adds a lot to the atmosphere and presentation as well when the bosses transform and the music changes.
>>
File: hardened shleem.jpg (942KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hardened shleem.jpg
942KB, 2560x1440px
What's this stuff? It's all over the ruins at the kiln
>>
>>164800547
>Oceiros' change from an acting like an old man and his staff to a complete batshit beast
The music is so good too, first time fighting him was scary.
>>
>>164800937
>>164801016
Ah, I see. Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>164801217
If you're really that worried about getting banned, stop using CE altogether. There's really no guarantee you'll avoid the odd system they have in place for that shit.
>>
>>164801232
xD rick and morty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>164800293
probably the only thing i miss from dark souls 2.

>>164800691
exile's does fit the bill. my only complaint is the helmet. know of any that look good with the set?
>>
>>164801232
Firelink cummies
>>
>>164800831
Gave a mechanic to skip to an easier phase, you mean.
That'd be like if pontiff started being as passive as when he's cloned or Ludwig far less aggressive then when you first started fighting.

Fume's 2nd phase is far less interesting than the first that people legit use the helm to make him easier, that's the equivalent of if you could start O&S with one dead but more HP.
>>
>>164801217

There's a list on reddit that showed what and what didn't get people banned when the DLC dropped. opensouls3.
>>
>>164801559
Try millwood, northern warrior, or chain.
>>
>>164801548
if all it takes to trigger you this hard is a word maybe you should go browse tumblr instead

I hear they have tons of gay dark souls fanfic there for you, also
>>
>>164800831
Wait, what Fume Knight mechanic
>>
>>164799486
40 VIT/END/DEX, 12~16 ATT, 14~16 STR, 30 FAI, whatever leftover into VIT.

If you want to go 50 FAI, drop some END and don't go too far on STR.

Class is... probably bandit? It's been a while, check mugenmonkey.
>>
>>164801889
You can also tease out Gascoigne's yiffy form with the music box.
>>
>>164802087
I assume he's talking about wearing Velstadt's helm. If you do that Fume starts with phase 2 from the beginning.
>>
>>164802087
If you wear a piece of Velstadt's set he insta-phase2's.

I find him much easier on phase 2.
>>
File: file.png (1000KB, 898x602px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1000KB, 898x602px
i've been wondering if my build has been dogshit because it's my first dark souls game but i seem to be doing well
with this i have the disc chime +2 and lightning mace 10+
>>
>>164801179
Try it out, you have some pretty good regen items and the lyods rings which give bonusses at full hp.
>>
>>164802341
>>164802293
That's awesome.
>>
File: 1409195008277.jpg (179KB, 430x640px) Image search: [Google]
1409195008277.jpg
179KB, 430x640px
>>164801232
Melted stone that solidified while being blown in that direction. The Linking of the Fire tends to result in a swirling firestorm, which doesn't happen in DaS3.
>>
So...in the prologue of D1 the everlasting Dragons look completely different then Kalmett and Sihn. So I guess the cooler, slender look of the later dragons are the canon one?
>>
>>164801889
People don't use the helm to make him easier, people use the helm so they only have to learn one moveset.

Phase 2 absolutely has more hard to avoid moves in it, yet he's still easier to fight with velstadt's helmet on for some because you don't have to suddenly readjust.
>>
>>164802203
I was mostly wondering about gear.

The only dex/faith weapon is Ornstein's spear, right?
>>
>>164802430
Well it works from lore standpoint too, because Velstadt is Raime's brother and he gets buttmad.
>>
>>164802467
What I am wondering is why Kalameet, who is said in item description do be an OG ancient dragon, does not have stone scales and is not invulnerable, while the everlasting dragon from the covenant has stone scales and is invulnerable, while being stated to be merely a descendant of the ancient dragons.
>>
>>164802051
random!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>164802712
Maybe Kalameet is the turd in the constipated timeline?
>>
>>164802518
I find phase 2 way easier because you don't have to deal with a boss size scaled straight sword in it.

>>164802519
I think so. As a note, even on a 50 faith build you pretty much get the same AR out of chaos as divine/occult.
>>
Why aren't you watching DSP's redemption?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLkWeO9xtk

He's going to beat Dark Souls legit by himself.
>>
>>164802712
As a fun note (not really), my overleveled NG+7 "all the stats" character that had 25 INT and 50 FAI did more damage on him with CMW than with SLB, which surprised me.
>>
File: 20170106200447_1.jpg (376KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170106200447_1.jpg
376KB, 1600x900px
FUCK
>>
>>164803030
because he regularily takes 10 minute breaks to read his guide
>>
>>164800937
>>164801016
How does one do this? I must know, for griefing reasons, assuming that it's not a punishable exploit.

>>164802401
>Faith build in DaS2
Disc Chime is shit, the Priest's Chime is better and you get that one far earlier.

You don't need that much Attunement, if you want casting slots and/or casting speed there are rings for that, put that shit into Vigor and Endurance. And for fuck's sake, level your Adaptability up, you're not dodging shit with those i-frames.

You might want the Heide Knight weapons instead, those come with innate Lightning damage, you can infuse them, and then buff with Sunlight Blade for maximum lightning damage.
>>
Anri, keep the stuff. I'm not going to use it on a Ciaran cosplay.
>>
File: 20170107012142_1.jpg (617KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107012142_1.jpg
617KB, 1920x1080px
>>164803456
psh nothin personnelkiddo
>>
>>164802409
what wep should i use though? i kind of want something buffable for blessed weapon
obviously going to be raw infused so i can dump into vit and att more
>>
How many endings are there in DS3? 4, right?
>>
>>164803823
Lord of Hollows, Link the Flame, Snuff the Flame, and I FUCKED UP.Ending
>>
>>164803608

Alright alright.

Dropped the cosplay because the Straight Sword was so boring.
>>
I just realized that the young white branch burial gift makes the giant friendly from the get-go.

I never realized this even though I picked it because I used it almost immediately
>>
>>164804034
He Help Anytime.
>>
Is magic any good at all in DS2? I'm interested in making a magic build but I don't want to go in and end up with something underpowered for most of the game.
>>
>>164803946
What's the "I FUCKED UP" ending?
>>
>>164804242
Curb stomp the firekeeper
>>
>>164803591
how much attunement is alright?
>>
>>164804242
You can summon the Firekeeper to snuff out the first flame, then regret dooming the world to darkness almost immediately and attack the Firekeeper before the Flame fully fades.
You clutch the flame to your chest and try to link the fire, but you dithered for too long and it fades despite your best efforts
>>
let's say you wanted to ruse people by streaming dark souls, any of them, but you wanted viewers to believe that you were playing a fresh run when in fact you are a dark souls master. what actions, inactions, and decisions do you make to deceive your viewers?

DS1
- die to the asylum demon 20 times
- don't run
- die in the firelink graveyard 30 times
- die to the first black knight 40 times
- die in new londo 80 times
- fatroll
- spam attacks and be greedy, draining the stamina meter as fast and as often as possible
- ignore the archers before the taurus demon but complain about their arrows
- use knight shield until the end of the game
- die to the hellkite drake 50 times
- approach solare as if he'll attack
- only speak to npcs once
- never meet undead merchant
>>
>>164804447
>- use knight shield until the end of the game
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: sven.png (309KB, 967x608px) Image search: [Google]
sven.png
309KB, 967x608px
rate my berserker build, dsg
>>
>>164803750
Anri straightsword can be buffed and already has innate regen.
>>
>>164804369
>>164804327
That seems pretty fucking comical
>>
>>164804731
trash
>>
>>164804878
It's pretty funny.
>>
>>164804731
Pontiff rings seem pretty fucking awful
>>
Is magic any good in DS2? I'd like to try something more than sword and board in DS2.
>>
>>164805119
Why's that, anon?
>>
>>164804731
carthus beacon is shit, better use all points you dumped for it into dexterity, you will get more for those twinaxes
red tearstone is generally not worth it too, better use life+3
>>
>>164804369

I thought the point of that ending was that you wanted to outlive everybody else and get power, despite the fact you're screwing everybody over.
>>
>>164805134
It's okay but hilariously boring.
Basically From overnerfed virtually all nukes and by far the most viable strategy is just equipping a shitload of great soul arrows or dark orbs and dark hails and l1'ing through the game.
You also can't manually aim spells like you can in DS1 or 3 which removes a lot of fun from using pyros.
>>
>>164804369
I guess you could interpret it that way, but isn't it supposed to be the greed ending? Like the End of Fire ending, but instead of taking it in for all the Hollows you just took the fire for yourself.
>>
>>164804368
30 will give you only one less cast slot than at 40, and you can spend the rest of those points on other shit. For slots, just wear a Southern Ritual Band, and for cast speed there's the Clear Bluestone Ring.

32 is also a good sweet spot since it gives you an extra cast on various spells, for an extra 2 investment. Doesn't matter much if you have enough spell replenishment consumables though.
>>
>>164805226
>wanted to outlive everybody else and get power, despite the fact you're screwing everybody over
that's lord of hollows
>>
>>164805524

The lord of hollows is actually the ultimate cuck ending that got distracted by stray pussy. You're just becoming the next Gwyn, and he wound up hollowed and dead.
>>
>>164805434
>You also can't manually aim spells
The fuck, yes you can, Binoculars + Soul Arrow lets you easily aggro shit as a sorcerer.
>>
>>164805625
>You're just becoming the next Gwyn
no, you become some sort of abyssal abomination than governs the world itself but also fucks it up in such a way even sun goes completely hollow
i doubt any god could dream about actually absorbing the first flame, fuck, it probably makes you more of an abomination than Manus or Aldritch
>>
Anyone else really enjoy knocking the legs off the Stray demon in DaS3 then walking away and leaving him like that?
>>
OK
+3 Propaned Greatsword and +3 Greatsword of Judgement
27 Vig, Life Ring +3, Ring of Favor +2
Soul Level 55.
10 Estus +6 and 2 Ashen Estus

Cosplay complete.

I'm ready to boss invade.
now to figure out how to time it
>>
>>164805749
aiming shit with binoculars is different from 1 or 3 where you have full unlocked aiming at all times, retard
>>
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A FEMALE CHARACTER THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A FUCKING TRANNY IN DARK SOULS 1? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: attempt at mage.png (299KB, 969x656px) Image search: [Google]
attempt at mage.png
299KB, 969x656px
Never done this before

How retarded did I go?
>>
>>164805434
>You also can't manually aim
>which removes a lot of fun from using pyros
I'm sorry, what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylIXhcVAP08
>>
>>164805798
Sounds cool desu
>>
>>164806090
drop attunement to 30, get enough points to equip MLGS, it's a wonderful melee weapon for mages that can carry you through the game by itself
optionally increase vigor to 44
>>
File: 1476144617279.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1476144617279.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>164805990
>Is it possible to make a good looking character in a Souls game.
>>
>>164805909
But it's a lot more fun and cooler
>>
File: Iron Fight.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fight.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>164805434
>It's okay but hilariously boring.
Very wrong, that.
>Basically From overnerfed virtually all nukes and by far the most viable strategy is just equipping a shitload of great soul arrows or dark orbs and dark hails and l1'ing through the game.
No, actually nukes are still optimal way to play the game, if you're one of those people who minmaxes in PvE.
>>
File: attempt 2.png (300KB, 969x654px) Image search: [Google]
attempt 2.png
300KB, 969x654px
>>164806253
I thought the requirements for MLG were higher, should have checked.

What about the spells?
>>
File: Untitled.png (325KB, 369x531px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
325KB, 369x531px
Would you summon me?
>>
File: 1406331842611.jpg (47KB, 301x390px) Image search: [Google]
1406331842611.jpg
47KB, 301x390px
>>164806175
>like you can in DS1 or 3
>>
>>164805505
alright
well the wiki says i can get the heide spear from the knight in sinners rise but i can't seem to find him
is he in the dark area with the two body guy?
>>
If you Boss Invade as a Blueberry, you can't harm the host. You essentially invade as a friendly.

So if you then kill a dark phantom, do you then get Concords?

...Is this Glitch the new blue eye orb?
>>
File: brew.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
brew.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>164806337
In any good souls game i can manually aim things at all times. I can do prediction casts without any need for switching to some ugly-ass thing in a heat of combat. In DS2 it's impossible, you need a crutch to simply do something you could do naturally before. I fail to see how it can be "fun" or "cool", it's a straight degradation of excellent mechanic and i'm glad DS3 brought unlocked casting back. There's no DS2 mage footage that can even remotely rival what that famous ds3 pyromancer jap does.
>>
>>164806432
Yep, my bad.
>>
Any good early soul farms in 3?
>>
File: 20170106205102_1.jpg (402KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170106205102_1.jpg
402KB, 1600x900px
PICK UP THE GODDAMN SHIT PIE ALREADY
>>
>>164806382
>those flaming armpits
Fuck those guys, hated them so fucking much.

>>164806542
Yeah, he's in one of the second floor cells on the left. You can also farm them from Heide's Tower of Flame, the sword probably requires less stats.
>>
>>164807234
wiki says they're only available in NG
should i try to get a bonfire ascetic?
>>
>>164807153
I DON'T WANT MALARIA
>>
File: 20170106195125_1.jpg (496KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170106195125_1.jpg
496KB, 1920x1080px
So I am trying to make a Moonlight Greatsword build in DaS III and I am getting the absolute snot beaten out of me. I am not sure if it's because I suck or because of the way my character is developing. This is my build in progress. My class is sorcerer.

Any ways I can improve this? Also, I am currently in the Farron woods, near the Wolf covenant.
>>
>>164807330
It's a guaranteed drop from the one you kill in Sinners' Rise. The ones in Heide are farmable.
>>
File: sword mage.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sword mage.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>164806417
Best ds3 pvp sorceries are great farron dart, flashsword, soul greatsword, HCSM, great soul arrow and hidden body for surprise attack shenanigans.
Soul Stream can be situationally useful in some scenarios.
Crystal soul spear goes up to 1000 damage in pvp but it's extremely hard to land.
As far as pve goes, great heavy soul arrow is your bread and butter, it's possibly one of the best sorceries in terms of damage/fp consumption ratio. But generally in pve everything goes, there's a lot of situations even mediocre sorceries like farron hail can be very good.

Also don't forget to farm storyteller staff from a corvian caster near the halfway fortress bonfire. It has by far the best poison in the game and allows to wreck some bosses extremely fast, especially ones sorcerers have problems with like crystal sage. You can also use Rapport
>>
File: red.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
Any ps4 fight clubs going on?
>>
>>164807386
get dark hand for low levels dunce
use it to wreck oceiros and dancer
here you go, now you have a fucking mlgs
>>
Really need some help with Aldrich PC anor Londor bonfire password "dsg"
>>
deacons of the deep is a comfy boss
>>
>DaS2 has the most extra content rich NG+ in the series
>Too fatigued by a run through NG and disgusted with my character to ever go through with it

I hate this, DaS3 was the only game where I wasn't ready to completely drop it after one run through NG.
>>
>>164807386
also what the fuck is going on with your vigor, get that shit to 27 nigga
>>
>>164807683

Wait, is Dark Hand secretly stronk? I practically ignored it for PVE because it can't be upgraded and it can't soul suck embers.
>>
>>164807775
additional content doesn't mean shit if content itself is garbage
i have more fun doing ds3 runs than i ever did in ds2, including gimmick runs and my millwood knight is probably the comfiest pve character i ever did
>>
>>164807386
>10 vigor
m8, you're getting the piss beat outta ya because you don't have any health
>>
>>164807828
I was trying to invest points into strength and intel for the claymore and spells.

What is the best grinding area pre abyss watchers?
>>
>>164807536
What about early game? Should I start as a pure int pyro?
>>
>>164806426
>sound helmet choice, protects vital parts while leaving the senses unrestricted
>armor covered in medallions showing many achievements of conquest and adventure
>wields the Way of White artifact Grant; shows he is a man of upstanding morals and piety
>wields a shield in his offhand, shows that he is a protector and would more than likely jump between you and a wheel skeleton

15/10, would summon the fuck out of
>>
>>164807684
coming
>>
File: 1409127818924.jpg (52KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
1409127818924.jpg
52KB, 210x330px
>>164807942
>he doesn't know
>>
>>164807942
At low levels the dark hand is insane, it out-damages nearly every other early melee weapon.
>>
>>164802401
These are actually pretty good stat distributions.

You could do with a lot more endurance, vigor, and vitality though.

If you're doing a faith strength build, it's best to do:

>Great magic barrier + lightning weapon + SLB for high faith
>Or Sacred Oath + pure physical weapon + RobFlynn for low faith

Then fill the rest of the slots with healing miracles.

Really though it's better to just do 30/30 Int/Fth than to do 15/45. There's no good miracles above 30 Fth requirement and higher int will get you access to a lot of great hexes and better magic defense.
>>
>>164807963
But I actually really like DaS2. It's just something to do with how the progression goes I guess. The exact same feeling happens for me with DaS1.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (935KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
935KB, 2560x1440px
Rate my waifu, spent quite a while in face editing to make it exactly right
>>
>>164808079
I got sniped fuck sorry
>>
>Sister Fried
>Three Phases

WOW SO HARD FROMSOFT WOW!

Fuckin' salty as fuck. FUCK.
>>
>>164808183
nice meme
>>
>>164807684
Dropping my sign
SL 80 btw
>>
>>164808297
the first phase is free as fuck
get good
>>
File: face.jpg (926KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
926KB, 2560x1440px
>>164808183
>>164808351
woops forgot to take the helmet off
>>
>>164808427
It's a me
>>
>>164808365
>the first phase is free as fuck
You mean the second one
>>
>>164804447
The trick isn't to piss people off by playing awful, it's to confuse them by doing everything wrong but winning anyway.

>Die to asylum demon 20 times, but then kill him using the broken straight sword suddenly
>attack crestfallen, let him kill you a lot, then suddenly parry him and backstab to death, act like you just discovered what it means
>die in firelink graveyard over and over again, skip the winged spear and zweihander
>wear the shittest armor, put a lot of points into resistance
>die to weak enemies, but beat every boss first time you fight them
>>
>>164808427
That's a pretty good face, a bit too squinty though
>>
>>164808147

Well shit. In general or specifically vs Dancer and Schizo Seath?
>>
Trying to summon the second sign I saw in anor londo
>>
>>164808541
he's supposed to look jolly
>>
gonna stop hosting in 20 minutes, just a heads up
>>
>>164808427
Would summon and share seigbrau
>>
Holy fuck those arrows
>>
>>164808029
By starting as a pyromancer you only lose a few levels but gain way better versatility. You will be able to use immolation tinder if you wish, you will be able to jump between pyro and int setups at will. I see no drawbacks in starting as a pyro unless you really want to minmax the shit out of your character.

In early game you can just use raw broadsword then swap it for dark hand, kill dancer and oceiros then jump straight to MLGS. Grab two scrolls in the swamp, this will give you majority of useful pve sorceries. Then just l1 the entire game.
>>
>>164808156
It's subjective, really. I know everyone wants to educate each other on why their favorite game in the series is the best and your favorite is irredeemable trash, but the amount of things you can nitpick in any of these games is so insane that it really comes down to what feels the best to you.
I personally don't like going through nearly all of DS2's base game, but I know why other people feel the opposite.
>>
>>164807570
>ps4
>fc
huheuehuhu
>>
>>164808556
More in general than anything. It melts most regular enemies and it hits pretty fast, being a fist weapon and all.
>>
>>164808624
We cant get int
>>
>>164808359
Getting tired of waiting
>>
File: 1473739482603.jpg (272KB, 1280x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1473739482603.jpg
272KB, 1280x1010px
>>164808936
>DeS II
>>
>can't enter fog gates when one person's connection is shit
>this also occurs if a laggy invader comes in
cool game
>>
>>164809036
Fuc
>>
>>164808864
; ;
>>
Good, fun weapons for a Hollow LCK build?
>>
>>164809264
corvian greatscythe
>>
I want to mod the shit out of DaS II too make it look good. Which version is better for this: OG or SotFS?
>>
>>164809252

My PS+ expired and I'm broke right now, otherwise I'd play with you. :^(
>>
>>164809264

Twin blades.
>>
>>164809530
>>164809574
Already using that scythe and the warden twinblades, anything else?
>>
>>164808936
original so you can play the best mod ever made (good PCs only)

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/674/?
>>
>>164809642
carthus gs
>>
>>164809264
2kat
>>
I just started a naked-start playthrough in DS3, fists are actually pretty strong.

Does anyone know how the naked hand parries compare to caestus parries framewise? I'm landing parries like it's nothing here
>>
>>164809669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7GXnX0lSM
this is amazing
>>
File: 123-1-1349023518.jpg (580KB, 933x1079px) Image search: [Google]
123-1-1349023518.jpg
580KB, 933x1079px
any way to mod crown of dusk in ds3 to make it less ugly like you could in ds1?
>>
Man, I'm loving the LKLS more and more.

it has its issues (bad running attack, slow 1H), but charge is fun and situationally very useful. I feel like I'm R2ing more than R1ing though.
>>
>>164809694
>carthus gs
The greatsword really?

>>164809713
I could try those, running low on slabs though
>>
>>164810161
Hollow carthus curved sword
>>
File: El Pontiffe.png (2MB, 1593x900px) Image search: [Google]
El Pontiffe.png
2MB, 1593x900px
>Finally got the shackle
>Senpai even pierced me with his throbbing girth~
Cosplay boss invasions made the game fun again
>>
>>164809865
No, it is your punishment for being a cancerous minmaxer
>>
>>164807042
I like the area right in front of Vordt, three easy guys, 3 tough guys and a hard guy. Good souls and decent drops.

You can also drop your sigil to help with Vordt for bonus XPs & embers.
>>
File: 20170106205831_1.jpg (341KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170106205831_1.jpg
341KB, 1600x900px
fc over, hosted for 3 hours
>>
>>164810489
Thanks
>>
>>164810489
Thanks for hosting even though I sucked.
>>
Is there an FC banlist?

Can we make one?
>>
>>164810225
Already using that one as well, seems like there's only 3-4 weapons for Hollow builds eh
>>
File: 211420_20170106183658_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
211420_20170106183658_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>the game has boobfits for females
>>
>>164810856
ya
Banned: Everyone
>>
File: 1481586780317.jpg (840KB, 1212x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481586780317.jpg
840KB, 1212x900px
>>164810489
Thank you for hosting.
FC continued at Lothric Castle bonfire
>>164810856
No and no.
>>
File: SotFS_Velstadt.jpg (1MB, 1363x863px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Velstadt.jpg
1MB, 1363x863px
>>164806426
Is that a Velstadt cospoor?
>>
File: 20170107034024_1.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170107034024_1.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else occasionally have this? No, I'm not using binoculars, I disappeared while sitting at the bonfire and can't do anything.
>>
Lamest boss?

I gotta go with the 3 skeleton lords in ds2, aka DUDE SKELETONS LMAO the boss
>>
Isn't it funny how in DS3 PvE you literally want to avoid fastrolling because it rolls you out of range of enemies so you can't counterattack in time?
>>
>>164810856
Witch Crystal, Alex, and Not Ornstein should all be banned because they all use absolutely faggot builds that completely enrage everyone at any FC.
>>
>>164810920
Wait til you see what you can do with boobs in DaS2.
>>
>>164811128
No
>>
Playing Dark Souls for the first time, other than having made it halfway through years ago. I'm going for a heavy sword and shield build. Should I pump both strength and dexterity or one plus faith? I like the idea of a paladin build but I'm not sure if putting all those points in will be worth the miracles. Would a divine weapon be as good as just a normal upgrade path and pumping str/dex?
>>
>>164811290
>waa i can't beat them they should be banned :(
>>
>>164811265
pinwheel in 1
literal ganksquad in ds2 dlc
both rat bosses in 2
lmao 2rider in 2
magus and co. in 2
deacons in 3
>>
>>164811290
acquire proficency
>>
>>164811290
You don't need a banlist for someone to not be included in a FC. You just don't summon them. Easy.
>>
>>164810856
>Crusader/Burnt/Vagrant Vincent
>Drake
>Natalya
>Rules of nature
>Depression
>Heavy Knight
>Battlemage Ley/Ley
>Paddrick
>Samuel McClure
>Fyre
>Berke
>Dietrich
>Hierke
>Reginald
>Straylight
>Mikoto
>Zilrael
>Reckless Pete
>Alsatia
>Fudman
>Huntsman Andy
>Smug Loli
>BEANBADDY
>Lucio/Lucio the Wolf
>Ryye
>Dog
>Ariya
>Serene Haze
>Rhino
>Champion Conrad
>Quality
>Paladin Alys
>NMS
>Magic Knight
>any "LOL SO RANDUM XDDD" memer (judge by their clothes)
>anyone carrying a metacancer weapon
>anyone with minmaxer's armor
>>
>>164811583
>>164811819
>spams black serpent
>spams healing miracles
>spams freide's great scythe
>"lol git gud"

you're fucking faggots, try playing against this bullshit sometime
>>
>>164811978

What did you do besides get rekt?
>>
>>164811540
If you ever want to use heavy weapons, you'll need a shitload of investment in Str and Endurance, plus Havel's. Depending on the specific weapon you want to wield, it may be pointless to level Dex.

Faith is only useful defensively unless you farm Sunlight Medals and get Lightning Spear from the Sunbros covenant. Divine/Occult are not that useful outside of certain situations, since most enemies are weak to Lightning damage, and those two upgrade paths deal Magical damage.
>>
>>164812027
I don't really care that much about heavy weapons - I prefer the sword and board style to two handing a hammer three times my size.
>>
>>164811978
>walk to the left
>interrupt it
>parry or out HA it
>>
>>164811906
And then they invade the FC with pw
>>
Doing the usual 18/14 Faith build alongside friendu. Anyways I need weapon recommendation for third slot. Here's what I'm currently carrying.
Raw Dragonslayer Axe, Deep Follower Sabre
Canvas Talisman, Knight Crossbow, Black Knight Shield.

I'm terrible facing up against halberd, greatsword guys. So usually I just poke em with crossbow but I've been wondering whether I should use Saint Bident or RHH on third slot? What'd be better?
>>
>>164811675
I don't think pinwheel is a terrible boss. He's pretty on-par difficulty-wise if you do him early and I think it's pretty atmospheric. I wish there was slightly more to his backstory beyond stealing Nito's shit though.

>>164811978
I don't join your circlejerks but what's wrong with any of those? Black serpent is avoided by literally moving sideways, healing miracles are easy to punish as is friede's great scythe (long range weapon, HA weapon, something that outtrades, thrown consumablesà.
>>
File: 374320_20170106215212_1.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170106215212_1.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Could use more signs at the Lothric Castle FC, pass still dsg.
>>
>>164812164
>invade unembered host
Yeah, ok
>>
>>164812164
>password invasions
>invading a FC
Host unembered and you can't get invaded. Also, password invasions aren't a thing. Not to mention that invaders have less health than RSS summons.
>>
>>164812159
>it circles around
>he is too far away
>he stacks poise and outtanks
>>
>>164811265

Demon's Souls bosses don't hold up for the most part in light of the later games, but only a few like Leechmonger are genuinely bad.

Dark Souls, Pinwheel is the only one that really comes to mind. Maybe you were intended to go to Catacombs at much lower SL than most or something. Kinda reeks of cut content, though, as do Fire Sage & Stray Demons.

Almost every boss in DS2.

DS3, Deacons are pathetic as an actual boss, especially after a relatively challenging level for the SL. The stupid fucking tree is bad, too.
>>
Literally how the fuck do you cut kalameet's tail?
>>
>>164812245
cuming
>>
>>164811540
Buffs are powerful but you only get 1 as a faith build per NG.
Divine weapons are underwhelming. You need 50 faith and they're still underpowered.
20 estus outshines slow heal miracles.
Best thing about faith is Wrath of the Gods, a low use count, but powerful AoE shockwave.

Better to just go 40 dex 40 str. Or prioritize DEX first and use the Silver knight straight sword.

Faith sword and board is best done in DaS2.
>>
>>164812205
Greatswords are really good against halberds now, so Wolnir's/Drakeblood maybe?
I usually deal with Greatswords by using a spear, so Bident is probably not a bad option.

If you only want one, I don't know.
>>
>>164812432
Great scythe running attacks / 2hr1
Dark bead
>>
>>164811290
I have nothing against any of them. If you can't beat them then fuck off. I've seen far more cancerous builds in arena.
>>
>>164812432
Bait his dive-bomb attack
Walk backwards while dodging to the side
End up right under his ass when he lands
He will then do the tail slam, which you can dodge easily and then get in free hits on the tail
Rinse and repeat, but it's not really that worth it unless you're doing a buff build.
>>
File: pls.jpg (27KB, 901x230px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
27KB, 901x230px
How can I make him look teary in game?
The marking are either too dark, or too light and invisible.
>>
>can't parry barehanded unless right hand is empty
well ok
>>
File: IMG_1976.gif (279KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1976.gif
279KB, 250x185px
Alright PS4 bros, who wants to coop through the DLC with me?
Drop sign down at the first bonfire, snowfield or whatever. Password is dsg
>>
>>164812662
It sucks shit. I fucking loved barehanded parries in previous games and now I have to be a caestus shitter or switch away my weapon real quick.

I've stopped parrying. You don't need it against the players it works on anyway.
>>
>>164812245
It's probably not worth coming into the FC at SL55.
>>
>>164811209
Looks like you went Hollow nigga
>>
>>164812903
I WILL CUT YOU
>>
>>164812837

Yes, that's why you have a meta level build for FCs silly.
>>
>>164812837
If you don't mind getting oneshot by SL120 people and got past dancer then yeah
>>
>>164812361
>he can't dodge serpent
Also, I've never seen Witch Crystal use serpent. Witch Crystal usually just hosts.
Why are you so far away when he has healing miracle?
>outanks a parry
>>
>>164811265
DS1 - bed of chaos
DS2 - dragonrider, skeleton lords, magus, both rat bosses, duke's freja, covetous demon, rotten
DS3 - deacons, rotten greatwood
>>
>>164812790
True enough, but I actually really like the animations and concept. I just want to slap someones sword away and hit them in the dick really
>>
>>164812938
>>164812994
I did come to it, I was Pontiff's Squire

I just got outpropane'd with my RP build
>>
>>164813180
What do you think this is? Real life?
>>
I just spent like 10 minutes beating iudex gundyr to death with a sacred chime that I found
I didn't even have enough stats to wield it

what am I doing with my life
>>
>>164813180
https://youtu.be/7aGUX56BdbI?t=589

Just go for the manly version then.
>>
File: IMG_0237.jpg (60KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.jpg
60KB, 470x317px
What builds use the Drakeblood GS efficiently?
>>
File: 1483211750553.jpg (41KB, 414x432px) Image search: [Google]
1483211750553.jpg
41KB, 414x432px
>>164812613
I gave up and summoned someone for easy cut.
>>
>>164813412
Desperate ones casting DMB
>>
>>164813412
Base stats, raw and 60 INT or FTH. Slap CMW/DMB/SLB on it. The former 2 are better against other players, but SLB is nice in PVE.

It's probably fine at lower levels with resin.
>>
>>164813412

Quality.
Base STR/DEX caster builds with a 60 FAI Lightning/Darkmoon Blade or 60 INT CMW.
>>
>>164812401
>>164813098
The wood with wood is a pretty decent boss on higher NG cycles since it does a ton of damage while also having some surprisingly unpredictable and fast attacks
>>
>>164813412
twink build with great magic weapon and lightning pine bundles
>>
I'm trying to understand some things I just realized I never really paid attention to.

So here come some maybe really obvious questions.

1. What causes the sky in Lothric to change? I did notice it changes but I never paid attention to what actually does it.

2. I know you can enter Lothric very early, by killing dancer early. Is there anything that stops your progress so that you can't immediately go kill the Twin Princes?
>>
>>164795404
>estus
>arrow count not going down
Hmmm
>>
Why is Vitality such a shit and pointless stat?
>>
>put summon sign down
>nobody is summoning me

I guess Fridays aren't too good for Souls
>>
>>164813412
>now reminded of how good the DBGS was in DS2 and how it was ruined in DS3
>>
>>164813531
>>164813543
What's CMW? So either a FTH or INT build, aight. Thanks lads.
>>
>>164813779
Killing the other 3 non-lothric lords.
Gotthard corpse isn't there until you kill the other lords so no archives key.
>>
>>164813805
wew lad

estus because it's a brawl, you get 1 estus in those
arrows do go down, but only the one he actually uses. makes sense, right?
>>
>>164813805
Are you retarded? You get 1 estus in brawls and his arrow count does go down.
>>
File: gpngdgn.png (187KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
gpngdgn.png
187KB, 540x270px
>Pssst
>Hey, Hey you
>Yes you.
>Do you want some cool boss designs?
>>
>>164813904
Crystal Magic Weapon
>>
>>164813972
Great design, boring boss.
>>
File: 1466991343627.jpg (30KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1466991343627.jpg
30KB, 540x540px
Holy fuck guys am I retarded

I'm using the warpick is DS1 one handed, it's +5 and it's doing fucking 90 damage in anor londo

am I doing something wrong

oh god I'm so retarded
>>
>>164813972
Fuck off

Why do you live in sewers

Where does the waterfall go

What's beyond that missing wall

Where do the gated up doors on the sides of your arena go
>>
>>164813904
Crystal Magic Weapon
>>
>>164814080

There's an Ember at the start of the Depths area near the first Butcher. It allows you to upgrade weapons to +10 with Andre.

Also if you're using Warpick, a tip if you want to keep using it is get the Leo Ring by killing Smough first. This will benefit it immensely.
>>
>>164813920
I see, thanks
>>
File: DSMODT 2014-11-06 22-53-50-02.webm (299KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSMODT 2014-11-06 22-53-50-02.webm
299KB, 1024x768px
>>164813972
>>164814046
Yeah, gaping is neat.

>>164814080
You should generally be at +10 in Anor Londo. Assuming you've been putting points into STR/DEX, its gimmick is that all of the attacks do thrusting damage. So if you hit enemies while they're attacking you do bonus damage.
>>
>>164799394
Dmb doesn't do it but I think frost weapon does. Untrue dark ring conceals almost fully, except for a faint particle effect
>>
>>164814091
>Why do you live in sewers
Because it's a sewer dragon

>Where does the waterfall go
It's shit water, it goes into the moat aka blighttown where it presumably leaks into a river somewhere because the moat is near empty. You never wonder why blighttown is toxic?

>What's beyond that missing wall
what missing wall? The one he crawls out of? That's just the drain

>Where do the gated up doors on the sides of your arena go
They go into other parts of the absolutely gigantic sewer system.

You never pay attention to how fuckhuge that wall is?
>>
How come there is literally no point in not killing ciaran?
Not only do you keep artorias' soul, you also get her armor if you kill her.
>>
File: 1481016301436.png (267KB, 467x541px) Image search: [Google]
1481016301436.png
267KB, 467x541px
>>164814182
Nice, thanks my dude

>>164814279
>You should generally be at +10 in Anor Londo.

oh my god fucking what

I've been dragging my scrub ass through the whole area with a +5 while I should've got a +10
>>
>>164814046

GD was fun to Sunbro at low levels, as he usually fucked up nubs hard and it was great going toreador on his ass. I even had a a decent bullfighter cosplay I ran vs him.
>>
>>164814370
Roleplaying. You don't just kill people for their clothes.
>>
>>164814279
How does he eat anything if his teeth would be stabbing himself every time he closed the "mouth"?
>>
>>164799394
I guess the game is telling you to play a faith character if you care about style.

I actually use a Heavy Greatmace with Lightning Weapon. It looks like a huge oversized stun baton
>>
>>164814279

Imagine lying down in there.
>>
>>164812401
I like the cursed tree. It's different as an event, though not too interesting lore wise.
>>
File: 374320_20170106192419_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170106192419_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Any other fun weapons for my Quality build I should try out? This is all the shit I use.
>>
>messages aren't shared between characters
Are you saying I actually have to be creative instead of just reaping a constant stream of rating heals from that one 200+ rating message I have?
FUCK

What are your best messages lads? Totally not stealing any, trust me
I'm on xbox so I swear I won't be competing with yours anyways
>>
File: Off.jpg (61KB, 360x520px) Image search: [Google]
Off.jpg
61KB, 360x520px
>Bored
>Want to cosplay a video game character
>The first one I think of is the batter from OFF

How can I purify Lothric /dsg/?
>>
>>164814415
You could reach Anor Londo with +14 if you really wanted.
>>
>>164814415

That's not entirely necessary, it just helps a lot. I remember farming the slugs I think in Blighttown a little to get the shards to upgrade it there, but it wasn't at all important if you were good at the game.
>>
>>164814659
>recklessness ahead, also, bravery(or something) required

about 30 asshats keep killing themselves with a katana or something in that area between Majula and Things Betwixt. Best way I could tell people it was all a lie
>>
Giving DaS2 a serious chance

My biggest problems is the sheer number of enemies the game expects you to fight through with the lowered durability and lack of healing items, and how inconsistently spread out bonfires are

If they could have actually design encounters properly instead of just slapping 12 of the same enemy around some open space with a few doorways it would be much more enjoyable to play through

Like holy fuck if you don't have 4 of the same weapon all upgraded the same way you'll be out of proper weapons after about 10 minutes of trying to find the next bonfire
>>
File: 1481658501527.png (41KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1481658501527.png
41KB, 152x254px
>>164814720
>>164814791

well I hope that giant blacksmith is close by

Right now I'm busy being sniped by giant arrows
Have you ever hated a fictional enemy with all your heart
>>
>>164814687
either club or large club and untrue white ring.
good tatse
>>
What's the best straight sword in DS3 and why is the LKS?
>>
File: qsdf.png (543KB, 1921x1115px) Image search: [Google]
qsdf.png
543KB, 1921x1115px
For the record, I just checked and Gaping's boss arena hole is directly above blighttown. Specifically, near the bit where you go inside that has one fatty (with the ladder and where you can drop to the whip).
>>
File: gayasswiztank.png (60KB, 324x339px) Image search: [Google]
gayasswiztank.png
60KB, 324x339px
I'm making a memetastic wizard tank build in SOTFS, does this look at all viable or in any way fun? I'm going to be playing DaS2 again after never really finishing it (got to Earthen Peak like a year ago, dropped it).
>>
>>164814415
>>164814279

>not being +15 before quelaag

casual
>>
>>164814849
Also forgot to mention how shit the enemies animations (well, the animations in general) are

So many times I walk up to an enemy, wind up my attack, and they'll, like, flinch or something, stagger me, and take out a few chunks of my health

That on top of having to deal with about 4 of them at any given moment severely hampers enjoyment
>>
Can sum1 help me in then Irythill dungeons? Dungeon bonfire. Pass dsg
:^)
Jolly coop
>>
>>164815176
Sure, booting up my coffe maker
>>
>>164815131
>before quelaag
Why bother? I get my large shards in Sen's and then go +15. Around +10 is probably "intended" though.
>>
>Some nerd invades me while I'm trying to stack invasions
>Get him down low
>He chugs
>Have the majority of my estus so he runs away plinking with arrows behind mobs
>Equip way of the blue and let him be overrun with blueberries

Feels good man
>>
>>164814415
Leo ring increases counter damage (20% extra damage on thrust attacks when you hit during an enemy's wind-up animation) to 68%. Warpick is unique in that it does thrust damage, even though it swings like an axe.
>>
>>164815176
Let me dust off the old commodore 64
>>
>>164814659
>armor?
DaS3 - Where you got Lautrec's set
>visions of ore
DaS2 Scholar- Where you got the ember in vanilla in Iron Keep
>>
>>164814687
>No bats
>not baseball uniform
>no baseball cap

You can't
>>
>>164815242
I farm cat covenant for shards and chunks instead of waiting for Sen's.
>>
File: 1465022273447.png (2MB, 1200x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1465022273447.png
2MB, 1200x1146px
>>164814927

Welcome to Anor Londo, friend. Wait until you see the boss.
>>
>>164815083
Jesus christ, they really thought DaS through.

Now I really wish we got DaS completely finished with all the stuff they planned.

They fucking modelled and textured and entire fucking city around Anor Londo, and you never see any of it. Imagine if you could've walked through it at some point.
>>
>>164815264
>>164815237
>>
File: qsdf.png (706KB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
qsdf.png
706KB, 1920x1050px
>>164815424
Yeah it's super neat. Stuff like how Sen's fits together is cool too.

>>164815379
>waiting
It's literally faster to just haul ass to Sen's. You get 3 lightning resin, enough to shit on all the bosses you need to kill.
>>
File: Club2.png (35KB, 191x245px) Image search: [Google]
Club2.png
35KB, 191x245px
>>164815295
>no bats

Not quite.
>>
>>164815549
But killing forest hunters is so much more fun.
>>
>>164808427
rad as fuck desu
>>
>>164815657
I guess? I usually just haul ass to complete the character before pvping.
>>
Dream Lore:
>The Gwyn you fought in Dark Souls 1 was an allusion, really he was killed by Vendrick
>Aldritch is the guy on the rotten's shoulder who escaped and became a priest
>Gough starved to death because he can't see food, he's not actually blind it's pine resin on his helmet
>Tsorig didn't kill Fume Knight, Fume Knight let him have his ring and sword after being strong enough that he didn't need either
>Laurentius went down to the blighttown swamp, was captured by Mildred, amputated, and used as a fuck slave for breeding for several years before being eaten
>Fume Knight killed the primordial serpents because they're fags, the Sable Church are a bunch of roleplayers
>Soul of Cinder is Aldia, who doesn't die when you kill him by the way
>Pontiff Sulyvanh is Vengarl after reuniting with his body
>the Dancer is a fragment of Manus
>DaS3 Andre is an allusion made by the shrine maiden, DaS1 Andre was killed by the titanite demon
>Prince Lorian is a cyclical rebirth of Velstadt
>Siegward died in Sen's fortress, the guy you meet with afterwards is a rapist snakeman who snatched his armor and wants to fuck Sieglind
>Seathe, Nito, 3 of the 4 Kings, and Smough are allusions, you didn't actually kill them in DaS1. The only meaningful end game fight in DaS1 is bed of Chaos. Also Smough is a girl.
>Anastascia kills herself after the DaS1 Chosen Undead burns himself for no reason
>>
>>164815083
That is so cool
>>
File: ugu.png (116KB, 272x428px) Image search: [Google]
ugu.png
116KB, 272x428px
what the fuck how do i fight bytha while being drenched in her vagina poison
>>
>>164815891
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/allusion
>>
>>164815891
The guy on The Rotten's shoulder was Pharros. He acts as the brain for the boss, performing all attacks before he does. It makes sense that the genius inventor would act as the brain, plus he was rebuilding the statue
>>
File: 1472684852453.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472684852453.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
Was it rape?
>>
>>164814643
Were you the Leonhard dude in Arena?
>>
>>164815891

Half of this shit makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>164816050
Metal is surprisingly flammable.
>>
>>164815424
People have made it down into parts of the city, it's interesting to say the least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T4g26Is9AI
The town you can see from the catacombs is fully modeled as well. It's insane how much is rendered but either got cut in the end or just never finished.
>>
>>164816050
By turning off DS2 and playing a souls game that isn't trash.
>>
>>164816050
>he didn't burn the windmill
wew
>>
>>164816391
I didn't either on my first playthrough, I just popped lifegems and it wasn't too difficult.
>>
>>164816185
What doesn't make sense??

>>164816098
Then Pharros becomes Aldritch, idk
>>
>>164816217
Same stuff is in DeS. City in 1-2, buildings in 2-1
>>
>>164808427
Alex Louis Armstrong? Please tell me you're going straight pyro with demon fists
>>
>>164816159

No. Anri.
>>
>>164816451
Same. I brought in the Jester though.

Co-op on that map was awkward. All summons would grab a torch and flail helplessly at the windmill to clueless hosts.
>>
>>164816489

Like half of the head canon you have. It makes no sense whatsoever. Less sense than the actual lore.
>>
Deepest item descriptions?

Here's DS2 Emit Force

>"A miracle derived from Force.
>Emits a forward-moving shockwave.

>Throughout history, there have been many examples of imitative miracles.
>When discerning original from imitator is nigh impossible, which is which hardly matters."
>>
File: asdf.jpg (538KB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
538KB, 1920x1050px
>>164816217
This is the best part of AL.
>>
File: 55380956_p0.png (306KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
55380956_p0.png
306KB, 800x600px
FC has about 40 minutes left. Feel free to come. We could use some new faces.
>>
>>164816563
I actually considered it but I think I'm going to find me some catarina armor and a zweihander
>>
>>164814643
Glaives are fun. Also if you level up int once you can use the most cancerous spear gargoyle flame one
>>
>>164816129
Rape doesn't even begin to describe it
>>
Does invading at a later bonfire increase chances of catching opponents near a boss?
>>
>get invaded for the first time in SotFS
>start panicking
>it's just a regular player, not a twink
>he bows, I bow in return
>have a fun match

Wew, after all the shit I've heard on here I thought it would be worse. Although he blew himself up on some explosive barrels trying to clear the area so we could fight.
>>
>>164816726
Why is smough looking at a shop window that seems to say "WOOD"?
And why is what I assume to be the firekeeper coming out of that store?
>>
>>164816665
Ring of Herculean Strength from Demon's Souls:

>A ring that Stockpile Thomas once picked up off the street.

>Raises maximum item burden.
>>
>>164816902
That isn't Smough, it's Gough. He has a wood carving hobby.
>>
>>164816816

Do you need poise for Glaives to work? I hate having to switch gear for more poise.
>>
File: deakinsofthedeep.png (3MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
deakinsofthedeep.png
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>164816726
I would join but I still gotta wreck pic related and I only won a fight once in the last one.
>>
File: 20170106225214_1.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170106225214_1.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>164814965
I hope I did good.

PURIFY.
>>
>>164816901
DaS2 is no issue unless they drop an item. DaS1 and DeS is where low level invaders were really a pain
>>
>>164816560
I've seen that as well. Again, the fact that all that is fully modeled is crazy.
>>164816679
I remember hearing about that, too. That is, Gywndolin's room before and after you kill him being right on top of each other.

I mean, none of it helps the game when it comes to the framerate or anything but I still think it's really interesting to see. There's something about seeing such a huge amount of work going into things that most people will never notice, too.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (538KB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
538KB, 1920x1050px
I'm moderately convinced that the low lod firelink included in blighttown is based on a older version of firelink.
>>
>>164817064
That's pretty good.
>>
>>164816941
kek, that's hysterical in contrast to all those indepth descriptions on other generic shit
>>
File: 2.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
>>164814965
>>164817064
And some full frontal. Not many armors to work with.
>>
>>164816628
Be more specific and say why
>>
>>164817008
After the nerfs you would need to stack up a ton of poise to actually make use of it. You want to outrange enemies and not trade at point blank anyway.
>>
>>164817064
>>164817226
That's legit pretty cool.

Maybe try a different hat though? I know it's not a baseball cap either but maybe the pyromancer head bind thing looks better to approximate one.
>>
>>164817156
Wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

So many area went thru revisions, and some were minor nonsense.

Like, in one of the early trailers for DaS, where the bonfire is at Firelink, it was instead a pool of water. Andre must've been at Firelink instead of right before Sen's, because he's shown pushing a statue
>>
File: file.png (469KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
469KB, 499x498px
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>164817008
Treat a glaive like a scythe or spear

the point is not the armor, but the stunlock and range
>>
File: asdf.jpg (699KB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
699KB, 1920x1050px
>>164817407
Yeah, Design Works helps with putting together what once was.

And the LQ version included in the burg map has the same bridge thing, so it can't be a coincidence. Neither of these has the hole behind the statue I was moderately expecting though.
>>
File: top_kick.png (30KB, 207x235px) Image search: [Google]
top_kick.png
30KB, 207x235px
>>164816665

>An old ring with a seal depicting a horse's hoof. Boosts kick effect.

>Unbreakable Patches adored this ring and the feeling that it gave him when he kicked his marks into the depths of treacherous traps, but suffered no shortage of ridicule from his associates for relying so heavily on the tired old trick.

>But who is the sorrier? The horse who knows only to kick, or the fool who approaches the old beast without thought?
>>
Does anyone have an archive link to, or the pics from, that one /v/ thread where OP's graphics were super fucked up?

>/v/
>>
>>164817694
that's actually pretty meta
>>
>>164817474
The best waifus aren't human?
>>
New thread when?
>>
File: desert sorceress.png (250KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
desert sorceress.png
250KB, 768x1024px
>>164817474
No matter how many times I see them, I still get caught off-guard and completely lose focus whenever I run into one of these sluts.
Their item descriptions are accurate in the end.
>>
>>164814659
"Try blocking" on the safe zone tower right before the anor londo archers
>>
File: 1426201441711.jpg (58KB, 265x309px) Image search: [Google]
1426201441711.jpg
58KB, 265x309px
Is a faith build fun to do a second playthrough of DS3 on?

What's a good PVP build as well?
>>
File: newhat.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
newhat.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>164817304
If you mean the pyromancer crown than that thing is barely visible, but I had a different idea. Cleric Hat

Also gotta figure out some good miracles to put on this bad boy.
>>
>>164818306
Blessed weapon
Emit Force for a baseball
>>
>>164818306
Ah, the thing I meant is called Old Sage's Blindfold.
>>
>>164807042
>>164810482

Farron Keep Perimeter. 2x Darkwraiths (who will do most of the work for you if you aren't in a hurry) and 9 ghrus up to AW door + 3 Ghrus behind fire + BK and Lycanthrope if you wanna run a little farther back. Solid 5k/run, more if you have Silver Serpent, Shield of Want and/or Avaraice. Darkwraith drops sell for 500 a piece, as well, and you'll simultaneously load up on shards, Poison/Heavy gems (300 souls each) and Swordgrass.
>>
>>164816901
just be careful with low level invasions in the starting area and the lava bridge area, most I dealt with as a summon while playing were hackers that would curse you, break your gear, and kill you in one hit. maybe those people got bored and left for the most part.
>>
>>164818306
>save first/second/third base
Heal Aid/Med Heal/Great Heal
>special/magic/ultimate home run
Force/Emit Force/WotG
>>
NEW THREAD WHEN
>>
>>164818306
>>164818660
Forgot
>run with courage/grace/dementia/belief
Blessed Weapon/Dark Blade/DMB/Lightning Blade
>>
>>164818291
26/40 with 25 faith and TPGS/GFS hardswaping is pretty fucking nice if you're doing a second game cycle (for TPGS) instead of making a new character. Ignoring the attunement you need it's around the same amount of offensive stat investment as you'd have on a quality character. I only have two slots and utility spells though, offensive faith is usually not too well received.
>>
>>164818025
>>164818776
When you make it.
>>
>>164818970
>>164818970
>>164818970
>>164818970
new
>>
File: 1460426394939.png (1MB, 1036x606px) Image search: [Google]
1460426394939.png
1MB, 1036x606px
>>164817745
Never mind, found it:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/334017616/
>>
Here's a question: How do applying X-stones (DS2) or gems (DS3) to casting items (staff, chimes, etc) change them if at all? I know +1, +2 etc improves general functionality of most spells. Just not sure if buffing a Chime with lightning boosts damage or what.

>>164818561
Interesting. I haven't made it that far yet, but will keep it in mind.

Since all I can think of for loot I need is Blessed/Lightning gems, which I don't know how to farm yet, I go for easier stuff.

Jolly Co-Op is my favorite way to farm souls though.
>>
>>164799369
Meta is whatever the most fun build is
Thread posts: 780
Thread images: 127

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.