[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ Rimworld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 783
Thread images: 224

File: rwgheader.png (953KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
rwgheader.png
953KB, 1000x750px
"is this game worth 30 bucks?" edition

>What is Rimworld?
Dwarf Fortress lite, no z-levels
>New patch notes
https://ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0
>>
Previous thread
>>164283893
>>
File: LEAP.gif (2MB, 296x224px) Image search: [Google]
LEAP.gif
2MB, 296x224px
third for orASSan
>>
File: taliacute.jpg (471KB, 1024x1575px) Image search: [Google]
taliacute.jpg
471KB, 1024x1575px
4th for the ayys update
>>
Is there any reason my doors randomly are being toggled to be held open?
>>
File: RARESEEDS.png (2MB, 1608x957px) Image search: [Google]
RARESEEDS.png
2MB, 1608x957px
>>164372454
POST RARE SEEDS and MAPS

>valley enclosed by mountains
>only accessible by mining since deep water blocks entrance
>beside coast for AESTHETICS
>beeg, meety, deefense

seed: Lovecraft
coordinates: 53.76N, 66.87E
temps: cold, nigga, bring some coats
biome: boreal forest
stones: GRANITE, MARBLE, and limestone
>>
>>164372454
>is this game worth 30 bucks?

I would pay $10
>>
>>164372862
Seriously, Dwarf Fortress is free.
>>
>>164372862
Implying you'd pay anything when you can just pirate it.

Not point trying to justify it. I pirated the game aswell because I can get it for free.
>>
>>164372928
Anything's free when you can pirate it
>>164372946
>>
>>164372946
I buy things during steam sales because getting updates through that is easier than waiting for a pirate group to get off their ass and update a game.
>>
>>164372862
i paid for the game because it was in single digit alpha and already a looked like a good game to me
>>
>>164372946
>>164372974
>>164372862
>>164372928
I paid for the game for update convenience. I have some disposable income, it was worth it.

The game is not hard to pirate, either pay for it or don't. I mostly just see paying for it as fueling the dev to do something.

for anyone that likes building games and loves spending hours in them, I would say that the cost to hour ratio on Rimworld is amazing
>>
is there a strategy to placing wind turbines or should i just make sure there's space?
>>
>>164373030
igg nearly always has updates of rimworld within a few days.
>>
>>164372862
yes, but this is also everything I want in a game and mods make it amazing, this was my favourite type of game before I knew it existed

>>164373114
one major hint is that some things, such as solar panels, are actually considered flat enough that wind turbines aren't affected by them, so you can do a fairly compact hybrid solar/wind farm
>>
>>164373114
As long as there's space, you're good to go.

Keep in mind that trees and roofs will block the wind though, however, solar panels won't.
>>
>>164373114
I like to take two rows of turbines and face them together. Close enough that they save space and far enough that they don't block each other. Under this, I would grow crops or put down solar panels. It's pretty effective.
>>
>>164373114
Place them with enough free space, then fill that free space with Solar panels since they don't block the wind turbines for some useful reason. So it'd be like, Panel, turbine, panel, panel in a line. Then continue that pattern in a row.

Other things like deep mining drills also don't block Wind turbines.
>>
>>164372267

When you know a berserk rage is coming with -75 mood even after all the positive ones, knock them the fuck out with a surgery/euthanize operation take to bed command, then put them in a 1x2 room with a couple full stacks of nutrient paste meals or something and seal them in with a wood wall. They're no good until they ride that out.
>>
so can you pirate lads use mods or what
>>
>>164373227
You should be able to if you download it off the forums or where ever they upload.
>>
>>164373157
>this was my favourite type of game before I knew it existed
Same. I even knew about Rimworld back in the old alpha days but never paid any attention to it until I saw threads about it on a bpard once.
>>
File: cutegoatandgirl.jpg (81KB, 270x338px) Image search: [Google]
cutegoatandgirl.jpg
81KB, 270x338px
>>164373227
Can't really use the steamworkshop with a pirated version but some of us lads can download any exclusive steam mods for you.

Most mods are on the Ludeon forums, however, and they only need a free account.
>>
File: wojakcat.jpg (43KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
wojakcat.jpg
43KB, 500x302px
>>164372593
>orASSan
>>
>>164373227
Most of the mods are on Ludeon forums anyway, no need to use the steam workshop at all. And there are ways to get files off that regardless.
>>
>>164372862

yeah, but I love city/village builders
>>
>>164373313
>>164373382
>>164373483
good to know, thanks
>>
File: wouldyoufug.gif (2MB, 664x377px) Image search: [Google]
wouldyoufug.gif
2MB, 664x377px
>>164372454
Anyway we could figure out what mods /rwg/ should recommend? Preferably ones that we can put in the header so new pawns can try them out.

We should also post mods that the general creates, like that dickwolf mod from before.
>>
>>164373708
if anything prepare carefully should make that list

I cant imagine ever playing without it
>>
ARE YOU SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF PLANTS MAGICALLY NOT GROWING AT NIGHT, EVEN IN A HYDROPONICS SETUP?

WELL, FOR WHATEVER GOD-FORSAKEN FUCKING REASON, THIS MOD INCLUDES A FIX FOR THAT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737358776

The actual way to enable it requires you to be IN YOUR COLONY, NOT AT THE LAUNCH SCREEN, so don't be a retard like me and sit there staring at it for 20 minutes trying to find out what mod fucked it up.

I missed the new thread by a few posts.
>>
File: mfw.png (87KB, 340x293px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
87KB, 340x293px
>>164374370
>options regarding skill degrading
>options for plant resting
>"A-Anon, I-I c-can't, I-I"
>>
>>164373483
>>164373529
Sometimes the workshop downloaders don't work, though I don't know if that's because bugs or some anti-piracy thing.
>>
>muffalo self tamed

So what, I make a muffalo farm now? Sounds more trouble than its worth, I mean, its just leather and meat.
>>
File: Work of art.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Work of art.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
I didn't know weapons could have artworks
>>
>>164375148
you can also milk and shear them. It might be worth the cost of upkeep, but it takes quite a bit of labour to keep your muffalos fed.

They also multiply at a decent rate, too.

>>164375216
that's pretty neat-o, gonna go through my weapons now
>>
>>164366960 #
You never want to eat raw food though. 10 units of foodstuff is .5 nutrition, while a simple meal cooked from the same 10 foodstuffs is .9 nutrition. You should feed your larger livestock simple meals too, because it's that much more efficient.

Reposting in case anon missed it
>>
>>164374370
Do they have light?
Are they in proper temperature?
Is there a poison ship on the map for the past few days?
>>
>>164375442
By default, plants do not grow at night, regardless of light, temperature, fertility, or poison ships.
>>
>>164372862
Yes.
Over 100 hours played not counting the time before i bought it.
You get to support a dev who isnt a shithead and you get steam workshop to handle your mods. Its great.
>>
>>164375545
...t-they don't?

I bet my ass they did in A15 or that might have been covered by a mod in HC SK mod... fuck me I have no clue now.
>>
File: heythatsprettygood.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
heythatsprettygood.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>164375621
feels good, anon. sitting at 99 hours myself.
>>
>>164375375
>it takes quite a bit of labour to keep your muffalos fed.
no it doesn't. use zoning to set a natural grass pasture and you pretty much never need to worry
>>
>>164375148
muffalos are good for wool and milk, especially if you can actually keep them fed, like if you were in a biome where most or all of the year is growing season so you can just plant a bunch of haygrass in a field and leave them there. Cold biomes are a bit harder, but you should be able to store enough hay and kibble up once you have some good farms going. Obviously, if you can spare the power for some sun lamps, you can just make indoor farms purely for your muffalos.

Of course, you can also train all your muffalos to be attack muffalos and send a stampede at your enemies, eat the losers, breed the survivors, until you have an army of ubermuffalos.
>>
>>164375634
Nope, there used to be a mod in A14, but it required CCL, and never made it in. A seperate one may have existed, but for now, the mod I linked is the only one in A16.
>>
File: tfw no huge roman empire.png (38KB, 342x171px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no huge roman empire.png
38KB, 342x171px
what's the fucking point then?
>>
>>164375418
Can animals use the nutrient pastariano machine?
>>
>>164375812
You can enable it in the pause menu.
>>
>>164375828
I don't think so, I never tried. I just churn out simple meals.

Fine meals are actually even better, at .95 nutrition, but they do require meat.
>>
>>164375702
Fuck me sideways then. I'm getting that shit. I just realized I never got to the stable hydroponics base in A16. I was just fucking around with everything else.
and Randy Rough was fucking with me. Feels good.
>>
>>164375812
The idea is that if your initial location is unsuitable, you can abandon the place and resettle.

And as said, you can enable having multiple forts in the options.
>>
how the fuck do i use penoxycyline? Had it on "once 5 days" for a whole season and noone ever touched it.
>captcha storefront is pharmacy
fuck off google and stop spying on my text
>>
>>164376034
Odd. Only thing I can think of is they were all using the incorrect drug routine, as in you had them all set to 'social drugs' but set the penoxycyline to 'drug routine 5'.

Any zoning restrictions or storing the drug too far from the base?
>>
>>164376474
I added it to the base social drugs set. Its stored on the side of my base but its not that big yet so i doubth its a problem.
Also have been having some weird glitches with food, maybe its just a mod fucking up.
>>
File: 1479354528616.gif (622KB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
1479354528616.gif
622KB, 499x310px
>Notice: Scratch has failed in a minor way while operating on Giggles.
>Notice: Giggles has been torn to death.
>>
File: C.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
C.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>164377089
Minor scratch?
>>
I hate it how the dev keeps adding more and more bullshit just to make the game harder without giving any way to counter it.
>>
>>164377226
Nigga what the fuck are you smoking
You basically can't lose
>>
>>164377226
>>164377291
how i feel over the course of playing a new game
>>
>>164377291
Sure because the game doesnt let you, but it doesnt let you build big either.
basically its
>build barracks
>build food factory
>build housing
>build prison/hospital/whatever else
But all of those are just blocky buildings with 1-3 type of objects inside. There is no incentive to build in a more expensive way to counter the events.
Blight should only affect one room or everything outside, grow shit in seperate roofed rooms to not loose everything.
Power managment, extended surgery options/items, furniture fluff and a lot of other shit could make the game much more intresting.
The game ends when you have nothing else to build and without mods that happens in 2 years tops. I run out of projects too quickly, even when i take it very slowly i cant go past 3 years because i alredy have everything.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 906x767px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 906x767px
Nature finds a way
>>
>>164377682
Are you retarded? Have you looked at the bases people post here?
>>
>>164377793
I posted a few so yes but you clearly dont give a shit about my point so fuck off.
>>
File: file.png (397KB, 579x385px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
397KB, 579x385px
>>164377756
This is why you don't fuck with hives.
>>
>>164377291
What
I always lose every colony
Playing on cass second hardest
I don't abuse trap hallways though
>>
>>164377756
a way from wherever the hell you are damn
>>
>>164377682
Blight is bullshit. There's no one defending that.
Same Zzzt! ...but arguably this you can counter somewhat with loading backup batteries and smart wiring.

Everything else considering base building is up to your creativity. You can build smart and maximize mood/productivity etc. or you can go aesthetics way and make something nice for an eye.
Combat is up to your defense building as well as some tactics.
Trading and caravans are up to your need priorities.
etc. etc.

I dunno man. After 2 in-game years there's still shit to do. At least kick difficulty up a bit I guess. That said game is not even out. It's Alpha 15 and every new update gives us new mechanics and expands the game basis. Sometimes without giving much in terms of content it makes the sandbox bigger for the future use.

In the end you have mods. Mods for unreleased game. Mods with tweaks and content.
>>
>>164377682
i play on randy rough and my best base yet has been mooching off the nearby spacercat colony by selling caravan rations
>>
File: UnstoppableLobster.png (2MB, 2440x1901px) Image search: [Google]
UnstoppableLobster.png
2MB, 2440x1901px
>>164375216
One thing I don't get is why art descriptions are applied to statues, when they seem more applicable to paintings. Then again, I think paintings aren't a thing because of the non-ASCII artstyle, which prevents abstraction.
>>
>>164378050
I'd like it if Zzzt! could be countered by circuit breakers.
Breakdowns countered by better quality constructions.
Solar flares countered by insulated power lines and hardened constructions (2x the metal cost or something).
Blight countered by sealed greenhouses.
Plague by enforcing good sanitation and innoculations.
Psychic drones by building a psychic drone jammer.
Mechanites by... I don't know, forcing everyone who goes outside to wear a hazmat or spacesuit?

Maybe have all the bad "random" events caused by a nearby AI controlling the "nanomachines" and "mechanites" and it becomes a quest to find it's lair and shut it down/destroy it/fix it/convince it to stop. Have it named Cassandra, Pheobe or Randy. Like fight your way into a 300x300 map with a crashed spaceship or a fortified bunker with the AI inside.
>>
>>164378050
Yes but i would prefer to have a bedroom with some nice, varied furniture instead of a dozen plant pots. Same for every other type of room.
What im sayin is that we need more objects. There are mods that add them but the dev should do it too if he adds the bullshit events without any way to handle them.
>alpha is about features not content
still some basic shit would be nice.
>>
>>164378845
Have you tried doing even basic searches for mods at all?
>>
>>164378876
Have you even got to the second line?
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>orion corp soldiers come chasing a gardener I want so I accept them attacking
>half a dozen guys show up, they're wearing combat vests and mostly have these pistols which are pretty good but hardly super dangerous
>then I see this motherfucker
>she is holding a rifle that fires 12 10 damage rounds every 0.4 seconds at a range of 35, which is higher than my bolt-action rifle, at 50% accuracy at medium range
>my colonists are behind sandbags but it doesn't fucking matter because her rifle is basically a fucking minigun that is as accurate as an assault rifle
>I attempt to send my two melee troops up to flank her, but a single burst drops both of them
>she single-handedly murders all of my behind-cover colonists and defense turrets without even taking a hit
>reload
Orion Corp is part of the Glitter Tech mod naturally, which is hardly a great example of careful balancing, but what the goddamn fuck? I've used this several times in the past for the late-game depth it adds, and I've never had anything like this just show up and fuck my shit up. I hope the mod creator didn't go full retard. It would be a powerful rifle if it fired 1/6th the amount of shots at half the rate of fire. That's not a personal defense rifle, it's a fucking war crime. I sure hope it doesn't decide to send a squad of these guys ALL using these rifles or I'm going to have to go edit it out somehow.
>>
>>164378941
>poor 51%
Jesus Christ imagine a top of the line one.
>>
>>164378845
I agree.

The dev continuously adds half-baked bullshit and then moves on to the next pointless feature. For example, instead of fixing drugs and moods in A16 we got the world map. The world map is cool but you can't really do anything on it that's worthwhile, it's more just there to fuck around with. Sure, maybe in the future the world map will have awesome features like trains and multiple colonies and making your own faction and so on, but what's more likely is that it will never be finished and instead even more half-baked bullshit will be tacked on endlessly until you need 400 mods to give every feature enough content to make it worthwhile and the game is a chuggy bloated mess with the breadth of an ocean and the depth of a puddle in each feature.

Yeah, it's cool that we can augment our colonists to make them Deus Exman, but that's not even a cosmetic change. It does nothing but adjust some numbers in the back end. There's no special walking sounds for someone whose legs are dieselpunk hydraulics, there are no special graphics for bionic eyes, there are no special events that actually use bionics, and bionic pawns cannot do anything unique at all, just do what other pawns can do with slightly better stats.

This is symptomatic of the whole game. Lots of potentially cool features let down by a lack of meaningful content that concerns them.
>>
>>164377682
>Blight should only affect one room or everything outside, grow shit in seperate roofed rooms to not loose everything.
I think that blights should affect a single species of plant to incentivise actually using something other than Corn.

Then you'd just make healroot immune to blight just as Devilstrand already is.
>>
>>164378941
Why the fuck are you playing with the shitty glittercrap mod?
>This Rifle
>light_____weight

Fucking hell.
>>
>>164379323
I prefer this way to be honest. First introduce all the features, then flash them out once you know how the game is going to look like in its final form. In the meanwhile modders can provide the content, since he's looking out for mod support
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-03+at+12.42.57).png (2MB, 1936x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-03+at+12.42.57).png
2MB, 1936x1066px
My colonists will never go hungry again.
>>
>>164381312
Do those arrow slits leak heat or is it basically a cheat to have them?
>>
>>164381970
not him but i don't think they do, which is kinda silly considering its just wall with a hole in it so you can shoot outside.
>>
>>164381970
>>164382070
They don't leak heat but that could be because they're closeable windows or something.
>>
>>164382070
That's the biggest issue I have with mods, they make things easier without having added difficulty to balance it out.

Putting holes in your walls in the fucking arctic is a pretty damn stupid idea, and the game mechanics should reflect that.
>>
File: Pillbox_embrasure_with_shutter.jpg (649KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pillbox_embrasure_with_shutter.jpg
649KB, 1600x1200px
>>164382206
Maybe they have shutters.

Besides, I leave the door open most of them time for that room anyway because the geyser puts out way too much heat.
>>
>>164378371
...I really like that. I REALLY fucking like that. Having small art pieces that shows what the object is. Not just a tiny itty bit icon but having an actual rifle when you are looking at rifle with different art/filters for different quality of item. Then getting some tiny abstract art (that doesn't have to suit the description) if item is legendary or some shit.

It's fucking amazing eye candy. A lot of work but with use of filters probably not as much as going for new graphics for 8 different quality tiers of every item.

I love that idea...
>>
>>164382536
>expecting actual content from RimWorld devs
>>
>>164382484
That's still going to leak heat.
>comparing 50cm of brick to 1cm of steel

But the game is silly anyway in that regard, I mean the walls are tall enough to have full-grown pine trees inside them.
>>
wat is best tree to farm???
>>
>>164378941
You don't fuck with orion corp unless you have a death trap waiting.

I've had them send like 3 guys with those rifles, 2 with stun knives, 2 with pistols, and 1 with a rocket thing. They are professional motherfuckers and your small little colony are like tribals to them. To deal with them you need a high powered weapon and multiple melee guys, then ensure that they have to come within like 3 spaces of your guys to fire at them.

Doesn't sound like the smartest idea but it is. you need point blank range bonuses, they can slaughter you from max range with minimal issues. But in melee even their deathguns are worthless.

Now, the stun knives.

FUCK those things holy shit. They are infinitely worse than anything you can possibly imagine. Heavily armored thick as fuck shield niggers that bumrush your shit and downs anything they touch in one hit. The only way I managed to even deal with one of those is have him run through a gauntlet of traps and he still stabbed one of my pawns. They can solo your entire colony if you don't have massive defenses.
>>
Is the embrasures mod as overpowered as it sounds?
>>
anyone have any good stories from the new worldgen update? Looks awesome.

I'm still waiting on more types of wildlife and some procedurally generated monsters... think we'll ever get a blue three-eyed four-horned elephant? Or some more alien-looking motherfuckers? It's admittedly kind of boring that the only crazy animals are boomrats.
>>
Slave traders in this game should bring along some women (or men) which you can pay to give some lovin' to the male (or female) inhabitants of the colony.

Say spend 100 silver to have the slave reside at the colony for a day or two, then 50 silver every time they provide services.

Or better yet, why not just allow slavery? or sex slavery?

inb4 cotton plantation
>>
>>164378634
Circuit breakers are in mods. Vanilla ones would be a bless I agree.

Extra insulated cables to fight solar flares would be great as well. This way during Solar shit half of your base would go out of power. Leaving only most important constructions online. Maybe all still attached lights could go red as in going into backup generator or something. Fancy stuff great ideas.

Blight should only murder a certain species of a plant and there should be a notice beforehand. So you could start working on vaccine for plants using your "Planting" skill for something else than a single task. Maybe mix it up with medicine at that point. Greenhouses are neat idea as well. Technically it is what are we building from different elements and hydroponics anyway I guess.

I totally agree with you that bad events should have a way to counter them if we decide to spend time, effort and resources to do so. It's all matter of balancing this shit out anyway. It's not a fun game design to have game shoot you in the balls and watch you bleed for the next few hours.

>>164382571
Yo if someone can bring the code. I can bring the art and filters.
>>
>>164383057
Sounds like a good way to commit social suicide on the devs part
>>
>>164383141
>>164383057
Yeah this. Tynan's already being targeted by SJWs for how gay characters work in the game, do we really need this atop it?
>>
>>164383408
Yes
>>
>>164383141

I think it would be a good alternative way to boost the colony mood for a while and add some realism.

The game already has drugs that you can force feed to prisoners after all, why not have some prostitutes or generic slaves you can keep around the colony?

(slaves that occasionally try to run away of course)
>>
>>164383019
It's barely a story but... I had a map where half of it was huge mountain. I dug into it and after two in-game years I manged to find a huge open space with some water, animals and lot of trees, flowers and stuff. It was like a valley never touched by a human hand inside a mountain. I think it was absoluetly cut off from any of the edges of the map.

It was the most fucking fun surpraise that map had for me. On top of that it happened when I was 100% sure I already dug up everything that was uncovered and all I could keep doing was to dig deeper into the rock.

I made the valley into the nature reserve and let my animals live in it.
>>
>>164383408
Is it really being targeted? It was one dumb shit apperance and Tynan got out of it fucking flawlessly in my eyes. He's not an idiot and I have quite some trust in that man.

No clue why someone keep bringing this shit up all the time though.
>>
Anyone have a link to a good SS uniform mod?
>>
>>164383408
Why should you bow down in the face of a group of bullies and their smear campaign?
>>
>>164382905
It is.

But, then again, the majority of mods for this game are explicitly to make it easier for the sort of people that can't deal with tribals so why not?
>>
>>164383057
>Or better yet, why not just allow slavery?
I imagine that's in the works.
>or sex slavery?
MUH FEFEEEES!
>>
>>164382206
They don't even have accuracy penalties and they let your guys shot in a pretty wide range.
>>
File: 10636697766_e5cb197309_b.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
10636697766_e5cb197309_b.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>164384208
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27242.0
>>
File: 1422224139821.png (55KB, 221x213px) Image search: [Google]
1422224139821.png
55KB, 221x213px
>Raid
>Hey, that lady has a ton of good skills I hope we don't shoot her brains out
>Pirates of oppai grabbers are attacking
>They're all beaten unconscious by travelers that were just leaving for home
>>
>>164383963
because the 'evil SJW destroying my vidya' meme must be fed and cared for, otherwise it will wither and die.
>>
>>164385000
Well to be fair, you'd be more accurate if you got to support your weapon on something solid.

But then again, you don't have things like "go fucking prone" in the game either, so yeah. The limited field of view is a solid point though.
>>
File: wew laddy.jpg (32KB, 466x218px) Image search: [Google]
wew laddy.jpg
32KB, 466x218px
they broke up
>>
>>164385718
Stop being such a cretin
>>
>>164386051
It was just RPS, a site no one cares for and that has no impact outside of their own filterbubble, stop dramatizing it.
>>
>>164386398
I haven't posted anything about it or thought it was a big deal, but you talk like a twofaced rat
>>
>>164385052
This is just whermacht garbage. I want full on Hugo Boss uniforms and deathsheads.
>>
File: asdf.png (37KB, 606x506px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
37KB, 606x506px
>an ugly, psychotic chef that can't actually cook
Some people deserve to be on the rim.
>>
Does anyone know if there's a mod that retroactively adds factions to existing worlds?

I'm getting really sick of being forced to restart just to see the new stuff I've added.
>>
>>164388791
Maybe worth keeping around for the crafting. Maybe. If he refuses to cook the meat, he can be the meat otherwise.
>>
>>164388791
>>164388791
>get him to craft shit
>Sell it for shitload of money
>???
>profit !
>>
>do my best to save as many tribal retards who thought it was a good idea to charge with clubs and spears against machine gun installations
>some of them understandably succumb to exsanguination
>innocent prisoner died x5 -10

I think I've just about had it with this retarded system.
>>
>>164389343
>innocent prisoner died x5 -10
I'm fairly sure this is no longer a thing, raiders are considered guilty aren't they?
>>
>>164389343
That is why you never take prisoners from raids.
>>
File: 1364070397968.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1364070397968.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
Why didn't you niggas tell me how much money you can make on drugs? I am fucking rolling in dosh now.
>>
>>164389669
They're only guilty for 24 hours after they damage your property or colonists.

Just drive them berserk and let them wail on your doors then execute.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-03+at+03.27.26).jpg (483KB, 1936x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-03+at+03.27.26).jpg
483KB, 1936x1066px
We've been here for over a year and it's still a shithole.

Arctic life is hard.
>>
>>164372593
that's a big cat
>>
>>164390594
for you
>>
>have like 1500 tiles large rich soil blob
>never enough slaves to work it

I'm just going to blob a huge field of devilstrand in there.
>>
File: IMG_0071.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>8 wooden feet

Th-thanks Randy
>>
>>164389750
But their eyes are worth à 1000 spacebucks.
>>
>>164389951
I always end up with one character with chemical interest and I'm worried they're going to blow through the entire supply without my permission.
>>
>>164389958
That's still an added negative thought. "Justified execution -X". And it stacks with innocent prisoner death.
>>
>>164392267
Why oh why would you take a picture of your screen, upside down, and post it here?
>>
>>164392415
I'm giving the guy making the drugs all the crack he can smoke so he doesn't have to sleep and it's hardly making a dent in production.
>>
>>164392415

I do not recommend having druggies around drugs. I had a screaming awesome colony this past week but one of my starting three was chemically fascinated. We grew tons of psychoid and exported thousands of flake but that motherfucker was next to useless because if he wasn't high out of his mind, he was throwing a tantrum because he wasn't high.
>>
File: le confused rock face.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
le confused rock face.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>164392267
>>
>>164392267
Better get to installing them, wouldn't want randy to get upset.
>>
File: Cassandra.png (148KB, 465x603px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra.png
148KB, 465x603px
I want Cassandra to bully my dick!
>>
>>164388274
Then go and make it yourself you lazy fuck. That's all there is out right now. Either use the might of your own mind and productivity or fucking hire someone to do that. Don't expect shit out to fall into your own hands out of the blue sky.
>>
>>164392267
>>164392681
I'm pretty sure it was taken upside down with actual camera just to get extreme aesthetical effect.

I love it. Here's (you).
>>
Is there a way to make turrets shoot through embrasures?
>>
>>164394416
>I love it. Here's (you).
Too soon
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1167x804px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1167x804px
>Winter comes and my pet hives all die out
>all the bugs come loose since no hives = free bugs
>they are mostly harmless but they keep poking holes into my walls
>they're all starving and every bug l kill, 5 more bugs pile up to eat the recently killed bugs
>>
Can anyone help? I got more furniture mod and now when I try to build anything (on a existing save) nothing shows up in preview and I can't place anything.

I can load the save just fine though.
>>
>>164392267
>australians posting their screenshots

>>164395972
nvm I fixed it

JTC Replace Walls or whatever that mod is called fucks up your ability to build so disabled that and shit works again
>>
>want to play arctic run with nice defendable seed
>there are none
Suffering worse than Bzzzts
>>
File: ok.png (7KB, 377x104px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
7KB, 377x104px
>>164395807
No idea what are you talking about.

Settings > Advanced > (slide down to) Custom Css > paste code at the very bottom line > apply CSS

a.quotelink.ql-tracked:after {
content: " (You)";
}
>>
>>164396806
I actually got 4chan+
But still
>>
>>164388274
>>>/pol/
>>
just got rimworld yesterday. i managed to build a walk-in fridge and made a stockpile zone in it. but my settlers keep shoving wood in it, so that the space gets occupied with useless stuff in it. how do i fix this?
>>
>>164396806
Guys. I don't have 4chan+ or any addon.

(You)'s are back. Seems like they rolled back the change.

I didn't add any custom CSS or anything and I see them just fine.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-02 21.02.37.png (70KB, 639x605px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-02 21.02.37.png
70KB, 639x605px
>doctor has failed in a minor way while operating on prisoner
>prisoner has been torn to death
>head cut off (fresh)

Every fucking time. AND I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL A FUCKING PEG LEG.
>>
>>164397081
Update what the zone can hold. There's a lot you can micro manage
>>
>>164388274
Make them. It could be a nice addon for the faction.
>>
>>164397306
>Head : cut off
>pain : none

This screams for a meme ...
>>
>>164397469
ah shit, totally looked over the "storage" menu when clicking on it. thanks.
>>
>>164397256
They had a poll. The anons came through thankfully.
>>
>>164392758
>>164392415
I had an addict to wake-up, endured his tantrums for up to 86% withdrawl and was just two weeks away from curing him when I found he was in the main storage binging on forbidden wake-up that randy had thrown at my map. Since then I keep the stuff stored behind a locked door.
>>
Randy gave me 10 cats.

What do?
>>
>>164397306
>>164397562
>dead people have only one health sstat, pain: none
always my favorite feature in rimworld
>>
>>164397647
Butcher them.
Or make them high on Luciferium
>>
>>164397647
Cat farm of course. Catskin boots for everyone.
>>
>>164397647
10cats lmao
>>
>>164392267
AESTHETIC shittiness.
>>
>>164397601
There's a lot in the game, i still look over stuff at times after 50+ hour playtime
>>
>>164397647
Keep them in a tight place around your workers, once in a while, they'll snuggle your pawns and they'll get mood boosts from that.
>>
>>164397647
eat,
>>
>>164393679
She looks like the type to get off to it.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
>>164392415
>I always end up with one character with chemical interest and I'm worried they're going to blow through the entire supply without my permission.
But it makes them stronger!
>>
>>164398068
chemical interest is not too bad, but if they have an addiction you need to literally lock the drugs away if you want them to get over it.
>>
File: lW2lElX.png (231KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
lW2lElX.png
231KB, 460x350px
>>164397306
It seems like the only way to get consistent, favourable results from surgeries is to use glittertect with a high medicine doctor.

I kinda get it, but for shit like peg legs it should almost never fail. Make infections, gangrene a thing so at least it resembles a problem that we can fix. atm it is literally pure RNG and finger crossing.
>>
File: 1444681372137.jpg (113KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1444681372137.jpg
113KB, 890x890px
>not executing all junkies
>>
File: 1480133390153.jpg (577KB, 733x957px) Image search: [Google]
1480133390153.jpg
577KB, 733x957px
>>164398484
>when's the mod for opening cryocaskets with a small chance for frozen nazis to come out of
>DA UBER ARYANS AWAKEN
>>
>>164398484
>Choose colony name
>The Fourth Reich
>>
>>164398484
>chemical interest
>cut off his legs
>keep feeding him drugs
>OD him
>he slowly dies in bliss

It's like you don't know how to compassionately be evil anon.
>>
File: VillageNameIsNewBerlin.png (47KB, 353x221px) Image search: [Google]
VillageNameIsNewBerlin.png
47KB, 353x221px
>>164398723
Cum on step it up.
>>
>>164397647
animal organ harvesting when? I want to harvest Thrumbo horns then give them luciferium to have them regrow the horns for more harvesting.
>>
File: 1480477678753.jpg (1023KB, 743x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1480477678753.jpg
1023KB, 743x1150px
>>164399138
You need yourselves some black uniforms, though I only know of panthers that drop black leather for clothing.
>>
>>164399146
>Thurmbo horn harvest
Would actually make them worthwhile to keep around your base then (aside from war animals).

Perhaps make their horns craftable into the psychic lance/shock/sooth weapons?
>>
>>164399438
You know what's the funny thing? I've got a black wanderer girl and she was hated by everybody else. I had her euthanized after she had a fight with Hess.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-02 21.39.50.png (36KB, 383x645px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-02 21.39.50.png
36KB, 383x645px
>>164398447

I know how the mechanics work, and I understand the thought behind it, but fucking hell if my doctor has a 144% success chance with surgery, THAT SHIT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN WITH BASIC STUFF SUCH AS INSTALLING A PEG LEG.
>>
>>164400071
>mining speed almost 600%
What kind of fucking monstrosity is it?
>>
File: stockpiles.gif (923KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stockpiles.gif
923KB, 640x360px
>>164399617
>>164399138
>Aryan only run
Everything needs to be efficient. There can be only one solution to ridding the world of the "inferior" races and that is through fire.
>>
File: dog.jpg (29KB, 299x265px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
29KB, 299x265px
>all of my doggos has cirrhosis
>>
>>164400230
Yeah, now I'm only looking for a good arctic seed for super secrit nazi base.
>>
File: The fuck's this shit.jpg (41KB, 481x357px) Image search: [Google]
The fuck's this shit.jpg
41KB, 481x357px
Got around to making a tribal start for the first time and I have to ask. What is the fucking point of this shit? Sure, the lack of coolers and proper clothing makes it challenging for an hour or two, but then it just turns into the exact fucking same shit as every other colony, except you research everything 3 times slower. This is hardly challenging, it's just being a pain in the dick.

Am I missing something here? Some sort of hidden benefit or some shit that's supposed to make it interesting.
>>
>>164400230
thats a really degenerate looking nazi
>>
>>164400147
Advanced bionic arms.
>>
>>164400394
let me guess, you play softcore?
>>
>>164400394
Immerssion and balance I guess. Vanilla scenarios goes like this
5 tribals - low tech, low resources.
3 space colonists - med tech, medium amount of resources.
1 rich explorer - high tech (you get turrets tech right off the bat), lotsa money.
but it's all vanilla. You can set your shit in any way and form you want... or just pick scenarios through steam if that works and people set them up.
>>
>>164400394
The longer research gives a slower, comfy pace.

Plus the roleplaying opportunities.
>>
>>164400601
Nah, on rough. The top two difficulty settings are more of a nuisance than anything, because all they do is force me to do cliche min/max shit instead of dicking around.
>>
>>164400463
Which is hilarious because the artstyle looks like something out of a saturday morning superhero cartoon.
>>
>>164400809
>he didn't even understand the question

lol
>>
File: here.jpg (11KB, 600x297px) Image search: [Google]
here.jpg
11KB, 600x297px
>>164400391
That would be badass. Unfortunately, since I don't play in the arctic I have nothing to give.

>>164400292
was it really worth the beer? maybe.
>>
>>164400680
Yeah, but at least the other two sort of make sense. The 3 colonists one is your basic vanilla vanilla gameplay and the rich explorer is a bit higher risk and higher reward, because you get turrets and to research shit faster, but you've only got one colonist, so work's slow and if you fuck up, he's dead.

>>164400691
There's a difference between comfy and "I have made literally no progress these last 3 hours, because all the shit I need is still researching, oh my god how can this be so slow?"

At this rate, I'm just gonna end up with a couple of dedicated researchers to balance it out
>>
File: 20170102224622_1.jpg (439KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170102224622_1.jpg
439KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck, i'm playing this game for the first time, and can't catch a fucking break, not a second of quet time is allowed apparently. First it was siege that i decided to break, then a raid of guys armed with bazookas and grenades, then acid rain (which caused an infection, i dunno?), then like a bazillion of wargs decided to attack me. Long story short, like 5 of my guys are always wounded and in hospital at any given time. it just keeps happening. Can you give me some hot tips on my base layout and the game in general? Because it's getting pretty exhausting at this point.
>>
>8 peg legs
>10 cats
>10 chicks

Randy pls
>>
>>164401070
It's not for everyone. I haven't tried tribals out myself since they don't look like my cup of tea. However, I imagine they provide decent roleplay potential. Most of my bases progress in massive facilities so it might be a good idea to balance that out sometime.
>>
File: manhunters.png (140KB, 424x339px) Image search: [Google]
manhunters.png
140KB, 424x339px
>>164401098
Since your base is out in the open a perimeter wall might be a good idea. It would cut down on a lot of deaths and you would be able to control the flow of manhunters/raids a bit better.

Just make sure nothing blocks your doors or manhunters can get in. :(
>>
>>164401112
chicks can be useful maybe. chickplosions are a good way to make money/meat if you can control the population
>>
>>164396235

Make sure you get the correct version of JT ReplaceWalls.
>>
>>164400884
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were just stupid, not being a smug twat.

>>164401182
That's the thing, though - there's nothing to do but build up. Each colony turns into a massive facility, because it's the natural progression of the game, if it doesn't turn into one, it just gets overrun by 40 wargs or 15 bandits with charge rifles or whatever. And it's not like Dwarf Fortress where you can just dick around with minor shit like making sure each of your soldiers have their names written on their underwear, so they don't mix it up and decorating your front entrance with the bones of your enemies. There's just nothing to do when you're not expanding and upgrading or up to your nipples in bandits.
>>
>>164378371
I would buy an actual gun if just to have that painted on it
>>
File: No.jpg (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
455KB, 1920x1080px
I wish my rank 20 researchers would spend less time fighting and more time doing their job.
>>
>>164401672
Wait, hold up. I think I just thunk. I CAN actually decorate my entrance with the bones of my enemies. The downside is that it'd drive my colonists mad. However, doesn't that shit affect raiders as well? They certainly have thoughts, but can they get breakdowns as well? Because it'd be pretty cool to just surround my outer wall with the rotting remains of my enemies and watch raiders shit themselves and run every time they try to get near.
>>
>>164402197
Now that they hate each other so much you might want to keep them in separate rooms.

dem catfights tho
>>
File: 1480405949751.jpg (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1480405949751.jpg
3MB, 10000x10000px
Does anyone feel like all the random events in this game are bullshit? Like, there's no way to prepare or respond to any of them. Infestations are bullshit because the devs can't figure out a way to make Mountain bases less universally better without making it so there's a 0.05% chance your colony eats shit and dies one day because there's a thousand mega spiders that can eat through limestone almost instantly in your hospital room.

Solar flares just exist for the purpose of screwing you over for not RP'ing tribal and It doesn't even make sense that it would disable everything.

Bionics too. It's like he can't handle the idea of allowing you to progress or upgrade in his game without there being a 1% chance of decapitating someone.

God I hope it gets fixed soon. He needs to bring someone else on.
>>
>>164400394
>this is challenging in the start
>but then when I overcame the challenge, it's not challenging anymore

retard
>>
Give me art and I will give you more guns or objects.
>>
>>164403031
>Like, there's no way to prepare or respond to any of them
git gud
>>
File: contemplation-joe-mueller.jpg (454KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
contemplation-joe-mueller.jpg
454KB, 900x900px
>>164403516
Used this in the thread yesterday
>>
File: adolf hitler.jpg (57KB, 429x476px) Image search: [Google]
adolf hitler.jpg
57KB, 429x476px
>>164403516
>>
>>164403645
I meant art assets. I can't put the art on the guns.

Well, I mean, I can, but only by making a new gun with that skin.

Unless there's a way to randomly select art assets for a thing so you can have the same thing with different art graphics.

...like chunks....

brb checking the core mod to see if that's done in defs or C#
>>
>>164403179
It's not a challenge, it's an annoyance. My colony is going do to just as well with the crippled research speed as it would without it, it's just taking longer and making it so I have long periods where there's just nothing to fucking do.
>>
File: chunky.jpg (37KB, 904x702px) Image search: [Google]
chunky.jpg
37KB, 904x702px
Wait a minute, just noticed stone chunks don't slow people down as much.

Or they do, but only if they walk over the first one. The second and all the next ones don't seem to slow them at all.

So it's like a slight Z level climb now? Seems to be a new change as it didn't used to be like this in the past. I suppose this means you have to create gaps to really utilize chunks now.
>>
>>164403031
Tynan definitely has a warped sense of game balance. That being said, he has made several changes in the past and even in the last update. Eating without a table now is not the end of the world anymore, for example.
>>
>>164403902
Mhmm, it should slow them down. Is using stone chunks more viable than flatlands? It does give them cover, but I haven't done the math if slowing them down let's you do more DPS.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-03+at+06.32.40).png (13KB, 477x317px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-03+at+06.32.40).png
13KB, 477x317px
>>164403797
>>164403645
I can't make normal guns have art if they're above a certain quality, but I could add new guns with better stats that use the same base asset but modified to look nicer and with the art overlaid on the top that require a high crafting skill to make.

I could even use the default projectiles so that if you have a mod that changes the damage on the projectiles it should affect the damage on the masterclass guns (though it wouldn't affect accuracy or warmup/cooldown).
>>
Randy just sent me 9 more cats. What is going on here. This brings me to 19 cat. Around 4 of them are pregnant already.
>>
>>164404242
That's all hypothetical though. Let me test it out quickly.
>>
>>164404243
You know what they say. When life gives you cats, fuck cats.
>>
File: 20170102233623_1.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170102233623_1.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
y/n?
>>
>>164404243
sell them to bulk goods trader, I had a similiar situation but with yorkshire terrriers, I almost butchered them but them I remembered I can sell them, 2k silver easy
>>
>>164401098
Funnel them into 2 or 3 choke points. Your colony is literally a suburb feeding frenzy
>>
>>164404401
>Incapable of dumb & skilled labor
Nope. She's useless early game
>>
>>164404401
Dual researcher and doctor? Could be worse.
>>
>>164404401
>great shot and potential sniper
>great doctor
>will research shit when not fighting/ taking care of people

y

excellent colonist except for age, but she is still healthy and may be for years
>>
>>164404414
Good idea. I plan to sell most, then put a few in the cat farm to continue selling
>>
>>164401070
Not playing tribals feels like cheating for me, I just can't start with things like electricity.
>>
>>164403031
I feel like that's just the devs trying to do what every single game before them failed at - to make the game feel Dwarf Fortress-y, but not require a mild form of autism to enjoy the game.

Which is a bit of an issue, because most devs that try it have never actually played Dwarf Fortress and think the RNG in that is just "Rocks fall, everyone dies" or "Urist McSwordsman stubbed his toe on the way to the battlefield, it got infected and he died". When in reality it can go either way. Sometimes your best soldier accidentally jumps off a cliff while dodging, sometimes you end an entire goblin siege with a single shot by shooting their commander in the dick and making him (and his men) panic and run away. Sometimes you get attacked by a being made of salt that steps in a puddle and melts before it can even get to your fort. Sometimes you get attacked by a demon made of adamantium, barbed wire and lemon juice.

However, that sort of thing's pretty hard to emulate, so the easier solution is to always leave the option for critical failure and go "Lol, isn't this game so random? Isn't it so much fun when there's been radioactive fallout for months and every time your plants in hydroponics are nearly done there's a solar flare, so now everyone's gonna starve?".

Well, either that or they just suck ass at balancing.
>>
>>164404401
Sometimes you got to go with the meme colonists. They're the most memorable.

I miss one in particular. An old woman with tons of scars and cataracts in both eyes. Which probably made her high shooting skill pretty wasted. Atleast she also had high social skills too.
>>
>>164404362
>>164404242
Take your time man. If it works out let us know because that's some great stuff.
>>
>>164406775
This. Keep us updated.
>>
>>164406775
>>164406902
Sorry, I got sidetracked into debugging one of my other mods.

I'm still testing out some related stuff at the same time though.
>>
>>164404243
Randy once sent me 13 cats - russian blue short haired. 12 female and a single one alpha male. It was the day I've became the world #1 famous cat rancher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE
>>
>>164407047
>>164406775
>>164406902
There's not really any point because the gun sprites are so small that you wouldn't be able to see any fine detailing anyway. I can make them, disable the variable quality so that they're all masterworks, and give them random spruced up graphics, but it's a lot of potential issues and work for something that people will barely notice and that probably won't look good.

It really needs a filter overlay in the stats screen like the other anon suggested, and I can't do that in xml.
>>
>>164397256
How do lads that browse without addons even exist

They're so convenient
>>
File: screenshot4.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot4.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Piggler Wigglers, that shit is not healthy.
>>
>>164397256
Here's to (You).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM
>>
File: rimworldpathfinding.jpg (67KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
rimworldpathfinding.jpg
67KB, 610x610px
>>164407774
DUDE
>>
File: 1453862336725.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453862336725.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>164401672
>faggot complains about the game being too easy/''not a challenge''
>is asked whether he plays on ironman
>evades the question and starts running his mouth

E V E R Y * T I M E
>>
>Animal starvation
>It's on the other side of the map
There's meat on the freezer you cunt. Come get it
>>
>>164408320
>meat on the freezer
Seems like a waste of a freezer.
>>
File: death by stampede.gif (2MB, 610x334px) Image search: [Google]
death by stampede.gif
2MB, 610x334px
Phoebe
>Blights
>Pods full of wooden feet / eyepatches
>Zzzt
>Broke down
>Manhunter Elephants/Rhinos/Boomaloops!
>OUT OF COMPONENTS? OH SORRY! EVERYTHING BROKE DOWN!

Cassandra
>Raids every week
>Bigger raids again and again
>and again and again
>Just healed up? Have a raid!
>ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET!?

Randy
>HAVE 12 KITTENS BRO
>OH NO A HOBO IS INVADING
>I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

Seems like Phoebe is focused on making a sim experience harder, but with long pauses in between while Cassandra just throws hordes of guys at you and Randy just fucking is random.
>>
File: doggovsfood.jpg (40KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
doggovsfood.jpg
40KB, 750x750px
>>164408320
I wouldn't mind food dishes being added to game for pets. Colonists path towards the closest food source alright but animals seem to have a hard time finding your food unless they are in the vicinity of it.
>>
Is there a way to force pawns to keep a dose of wake-up in their inventory? They seem to be ignoring the order to keep one use with them at all times.

I want to keep one with my doctors in case they need to start patching up some fools.
>>
>>164408434
Both Cassandra and Phoebe space out raids and give you some time between every disaster

Randy has no such restriction
>>
>>164408640
I believe there is. You did set it to "take to inventory" right? Odd, maybe keep your drugs near an important area/stockpile. They may only pick them up when they have freetime/same time when they pick up some rations.
>>
>>164408661
But Randy is easier than Cassandra in terms of raids. They can be moderately hard raids but usually tend to be easier than Cassandras.

Phoebe loves to throw mad animals at you and solar flares, volcanic winters and tons of diseases all the time.
>>
>>164407774
>>
>>164408434
Phoebe throws alot of Zzzts my way. More than Cassandra ever did.

I think one of the zzzts ended up burning away all my components because I was locked into a fight.
>>
>>164408916
I don't dispute that, but when you get unlucky as I did, Randy can literally send raids back to back with not a second between them (new raid message pops up right after the last one ends). Absolutely destroyed me
>>
>>164408978
I bet the meme is that Phoebe is made for basebuilders so there may be more "base destruction" events as opposed to heavy raids.
>>
This should be the final update for dickwolves. The traits weren't working (they showed up but didn't have the effects that they should have). Because of the way the game handles spectrum traits I can't fold chemical fascination into the dickwolf racial trait so I have to add it to the second trait spot. This only leaves one trait open for random generation and pawns don't always get three traits anyway, which makes me worry that dickwolves won't have enough personality to distinguish them.

But, at the same time, they're genetically engineered soldiers or something so maybe that makes sense.

Anyway, with this update I can pretty confidently say that everything should be fully functional.

I also increased social fight factor from 4 to 6, so they're 6 times as likely as a normal person and 3 times as likely as a bloodluster to start a social fight. So if you equip your dickwolves with dickwolf power claws enjoy your instagibbed colonists if they do get into a fight. This combined with the fact that teetotallers will always hate dickwolves because they have contrarian traits means that dickwolves should generally murder some of your own colonists every playthrough, though not all. Pawns only fight colonists who slight or insult them (every time a colonist is slighted a dice rolls to see whether or not the slight becomes a social fight) and dickwolves are basically roided up jerks, so this should all fit with the "lore".

>you thought dick meant that they had giant dicks
No it means that they're cunts.

filedropper
.com/dickwolves_1
>>
>>164409184
>No it means that they're cunts.
kek
>>
>>164409184
Enough with the wolves we want semen demons
jizz wizzes
lewd lieutenants
weenie genies
>>
Anyone here have tried editing the ingame names? I want to make custom names for the factions but I don't know how.
>>
File: 20170103004148_1.jpg (467KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103004148_1.jpg
467KB, 1920x1080px
Does that mean my guy developed immunity to infection or that infection have developed an immunity to treatment? Do i need to cut his arm off?
>>
File: Nsp5uoL.jpg (213KB, 693x514px) Image search: [Google]
Nsp5uoL.jpg
213KB, 693x514px
>Marble is a shade darker than limestone
>>
>>164409661
hes immune to the infection
>>
>>164409661
It means your guy developed immunity, if he had taken slightly longer he would have died. Now it will go away on its own
>>
>>164409661
No, immunity is good. The disease % begins to tick backward instead of forward. Amputation should be done if disease % is going to beat immunity to the finish
>>
File: 1482816396203.png (102KB, 453x443px) Image search: [Google]
1482816396203.png
102KB, 453x443px
>>164408978
>>164409182
Phoebe was the MOST annoying storyteller I've used. Constant shit breaking down and ZZZT the first SECOND a battery got done fully charging. Bitch never gave me more than like four colonists.

At least Randy dand Cassie would toss raids my way to spice things up.
>>
File: 1415204479842-0.jpg (213KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415204479842-0.jpg
213KB, 800x600px
>>164409774
>steel catches fire and is weaker than the most easily chipped rock
>>
File: smarts.gif (598KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
smarts.gif
598KB, 480x270px
>>164409661
>Amputation should be done if disease % is going to beat immunity to the finish
I've never actually attempted this before.
>>
>>164383963
>He's not an idiot and I have quite some trust in that man.

in his own words + experiences bisexual guys basically don't exist, they basically always turn out gay
>>
>>164408916
Phoebe is actually the same thing as cass, just longer cd between events
>>
File: 1433608981727.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1433608981727.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>164410027
Same, I just watch them die
>>
>>164409531
I can't think of a way to meaningfully implement them. Dickwolves were just to see what I could do.
>>
File: 1476772396516.jpg (65KB, 389x694px) Image search: [Google]
1476772396516.jpg
65KB, 389x694px
>>164409184
>No it means that they're cunts.
I wasn't going to originally use it because >furshit
But if they're just massive cunts it might make the game a lot more fun.
>>
File: watashi no body building.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
watashi no body building.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>164410195
It's fine man you did good, but you have to prepare for the next step
>>
>>164410008
metal memes can't melt steel dreams anon
>>
>asked out every woman in the colony
>rejected by every woman at least 3 times
>finally one comes around after rejecting him
>share a bed
>make love
>etc etc
>pic related happens
>>
>>164410324
I might fold abrasive into the racial trait too so that everyone is guaranteed to hate them.
>>
>>164410191
I mean, it makes total sense. Maybe I just expected the dev to never implement something like that.

But the fact that it never corssed my mind is boggling. I could have saved tons of colonists this way.
>>
File: 1480158733307.gif (1021KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1480158733307.gif
1021KB, 500x484px
>>164410465
>she gives in to the pity sex
>he still thinks he can make them become a "thing"
>her face when
>>
>>164409651
nvm I found it
>>
>>164411056
He's the one who rejected her proposal anon
And he's a nigger

He he he
>>
File: cave colony.png (250KB, 664x282px) Image search: [Google]
cave colony.png
250KB, 664x282px
what flag should i add next
>>
>>164411521
What a twist!
>>
>>164411607
The one that pledges allegiance to the oppai kingdom

If you choose DFC we will send massage oil paizuri raids after you
>>
>>164411607
I remember you, flag-poster. Maybe a Canadian one? I want to see how a leaf would look. Could be good for a stockpile or something.
>>
Is pemmican the only way to store food long term?
>>
>>164412210
Potatoes and shit last for a really long time, anon. Even berries have a surprisingly generous expiration date
>>
>>164412210
What bothers me about pemmican is the weird way the game handles the amount and nutrition value. I mean 20 meals is pleanty, but 20 pemmican is nothing.
>>
File: impassable.png (197KB, 416x289px) Image search: [Google]
impassable.png
197KB, 416x289px
if I build here, the only way out is by pods right
>>
>>164408864
Yes I did. Only some of the people assigned to the drug policy keeps the stuff in inventory, while others keep stuff like food and doggy treats.
>>
>>164412210
Raw crops last some time, I recall. A few seasons.
>>
>>164412532
Yeah.
>>
File: averagerimworldbase.jpg (54KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
averagerimworldbase.jpg
54KB, 512x384px
>>164412532
Yes.
>>
>>164412532
Will you still get ordinary raids or will every one of them crash into your base with pods?
>>
>>164412738
I guess I'll find out
>>
>>164412180
how about Quebec for the prison
>>
>>164411607
>Funland is freezer
kiitos
>>
>>164412738
They should enter your base as normal. Map conditions don't affect outsiders, yet. They are there for you atm.
>>
>>164412958
That's pretty dank, too.
>>
Why is forming caravans so damn painful?
>pull beasts way outside of the base
>run back and forth picking items one by one

This will take DAYS.
>>
>>164408924
>>164407774
I think my addictcat still wins this game.
>>
>>164400071
Is your surgery room well lit? Darkness is a penalty.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-03 00.31.23.png (448KB, 806x566px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-03 00.31.23.png
448KB, 806x566px
>>164413617
>>
>>164413217
It's by far one of the biggest faults with the caravan system. Trying to load them with a cargo large enough to make the trip worth it takes ages.

There really needs to be a "depot" area where your haulers take their time hauling goods into the depot. It would work like a stockpile except the muffalos/camels would at least station around it.

It would also be nice to setup a caravan without needing your colonists to treat it like it was the most important thing in the world. Colonists starve themselves THEN mental break trying to form a caravan.
>>
>>164413497
Addictcat would do anything for a hit. ANYTHING.
>>
File: 1478703120607.jpg (221KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478703120607.jpg
221KB, 1280x960px
>mental break: Sad Wanderer
>oh well this'll cure itself in a bit
>day and a half later he's starving, tried
>try to arrest him so he won't kill himself
>kills the guy trying to arrest him
Did they change the wander mental break? Will they just mope around until you arrest them?
>>
File: 1424816578378.gif (830KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1424816578378.gif
830KB, 480x270px
Can you deep drill plasteel anymore? Holy fuck I can't find jack shit
>>
File: that awful part of canada.png (252KB, 469x367px) Image search: [Google]
that awful part of canada.png
252KB, 469x367px
its done, what room should poland be
>>
>>164414114
Don't worry, they'll wander around until they starve/collapse from exhaustion. Starving is the better one, since they'll at least bumrush for some food instead of collapsing outside your base or something.

It takes some time, however. I usually just ignore them unless they need medical attention or are standing around in -20 degree weather.
>>
File: AHAHAHAAH.gif (297KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAAH.gif
297KB, 500x375px
>>164414480
Yes you can, and a lot of it, too. Hundreds in a single vein if you find one.

Deep drilling is the overpowered, underrated meme in the game. Though you need some resource overhead to maintain and start the project.
>>
>>164414856
Sanitation facilities
>>
>>164413834
Yeah, lesson learned. Next time I'll assign literally everyone to the caravan and then split it up after they've finished bringing all the stuff together. With just 2 people it's taken 2 days so far and they still haven't finished.
>>
File: drees.png (22KB, 735x752px) Image search: [Google]
drees.png
22KB, 735x752px
>>164411607
>finland
my man

here have an old /rwg/ meme

protip: don't tame them unless you never need wood again
>>
File: animalfightclub.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
animalfightclub.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>164415817
How many alphabeavers would it take to take down a thrumbo?

Animal fighting pits and dog fights when? Give me my gambling system tyrone.
>>
File: Immagine.png (232KB, 922x505px) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
232KB, 922x505px
Worth recruiting y/n?
>>
>>164416706
>japanese name
>18 medicine
>11 growing
>night owl
DO IT
>>
>>164416706
She's pretty old but she'll make a great doctor and farmhand. Cook is also some potential if you don't have enough of those.

Kindy shitty that she can't do dumb labour.

I wouldn't take her if my base had all it needs, however.
>>
File: MemePupper.jpg (28KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
MemePupper.jpg
28KB, 400x406px
Which difficulty do you start with to actually get some decent challenge?
>>
>>164416952
The hardest one, forgot what it's called. It's not as bad as many would think, it just amps up the event encounters and gives you more raids. There are other aspects but they aren't as bad.
>>
File: Immagine2.png (53KB, 1009x365px) Image search: [Google]
Immagine2.png
53KB, 1009x365px
>>164416706
>>164416850
>>164416863
Eh, i kinda got both covered, but that 18 medicine is really really juicy to let it go
>>
>>164416706
Talk about no risk operations
>>
>>164416952
Anything above some challenge, but with permadeath as it literally says in the description is ''the way the game is meant to be played''

Every single anon that has complained about the difficulty has been a softcorebaby
>>
>>164417438
People don't complain about difficulty in my experience, only retarded RNG.
>>
Anyone got the link to the mod that added a bunch of furniture that was updated to A16?
>>
>>164416952
Cass second hardest
Rough is 2ez
>>
>>164402894
I suppose this ghetto solution will have to do for now. Can't afford to waste the resources deconstructing and shuffling things around.
>>
>>164411192
disregard that i have no idea what i am doing
>>
File: boom train.jpg (44KB, 666x601px) Image search: [Google]
boom train.jpg
44KB, 666x601px
oh here we go again

thanks phoebe
>>
File: rippy.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rippy.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
>>164412210
raw crops keep a long time like already said
put them under cover and only cook enough simple meals to last 2 days at a time
milk-bearing animals besides cows produce 6 milk every two days, with a little micro and a large enough herd you can arrange to have milk on demand, which means fine meals without refrigeration
berries are also great because they keep a long time and can be eaten raw without penalty
>>
File: 1455642308308.png (355KB, 661x721px) Image search: [Google]
1455642308308.png
355KB, 661x721px
>>164418486
Hope you weren't planning on doing anything outside for the next few days.
>>
File: 20170102181803_1.jpg (426KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170102181803_1.jpg
426KB, 1680x1050px
>theres a small table and chair in every bedroom
>theres also a mess hall with long tables and chairs
>no one eats on the tables and everyone complains about it

My colonist are fucking retarded. Spacecorp must have sent us a defective batch of clones or something.

Why is everyone getting food poisoning from simple meals?
>>
>>164418848
Show your cooks' skill levels.
>>
>>164418848
>Why is everyone getting food poisoning from simple meals?

dirty kitchens screw things up big time, I don't even put the butcher table in the same room as my stove anymore
maybe try storing the meals closer to the dining hall
>>
Daily reminder that the RimWorld readme contains instructions on how to quickboot for testing mods.
>>
File: 1479456312354.png (18KB, 678x472px) Image search: [Google]
1479456312354.png
18KB, 678x472px
Anyone using the Phi interactions mod?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564&searchtext=phi

Apparently you can set up your own server and stuff like that. Might be neat to trade between other people.

And fuck up someone else's colony by showering them in highly addictive drugs
>>
>>164418848
Why are you bothering with wooden floors when you have stone floors you could smoothe?
>>
File: KEK.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>164410465
>>164411056
>>164411521
>>164412062
BTFO.
>>
>>164419819
I think they look pretty, he probably does too. shame that smooth floors provide so much beauty to tempt me
>>
File: Detail-MoreFloors3-forum.jpg (260KB, 900x579px) Image search: [Google]
Detail-MoreFloors3-forum.jpg
260KB, 900x579px
>>164420045
Get T's more floors mod, I think you'll like it.
>>
>>164372773
I know why :3c You'll find out before long
>>
>>164375942
You can, but it's pretty buggy and might fuck you up
>>
>>164420951
>>164372773
they're coming. don't trust doors. barricade yourself in the freezer, they cant pass full blocks
>>
File: 1478379337153.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478379337153.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>164421140
>>164420951
What are you on about? I'm on year three, and this has been going on for year one.
>>
>>164382206
#NotAllMods
>>
>>164420367
It is my sincerest wish in my heart that stone slabs would have beauty.
I love how it looks and I use it for everything.

I don't want to use mosaic and random paving, it creates too much unnecessary visual noise. And I'm not about to carpet my hallways. Thats just silly.
>>
File: manhunter_wargs.jpg (437KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
manhunter_wargs.jpg
437KB, 1920x1017px
I'm on CR so naturally I'm out of ammo.

Do they go away?
Am I fucked?
>>
File: shiggydiggydoo.jpg (55KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggydoo.jpg
55KB, 500x376px
>>164421246
I'm just as confused, anon. Don't worry.
>>
>>164421246
How often do you get raided?
>>
>>164422263
They go away after a couple days
>>
Fucking Infections. I have 10+ Medicine doctors making 24/7 forced rounds on patients and they almost always still die of infection.
>>
>>164421719
http://en.file-upload.net/download-12214284/MoreFloorsTerrainsStone.xml.html
Try this, insert it into T-MoreFloors\Defs\TerrainDefs
I just added the beauty 1 line like it's for the other entries and don't actually know if it works, but it should I suppose
>>
>>164422959
Better quality beds, hospital beds, and vital monitors all boost immunity gain

Also you probably haven't been using proper medicine (if herbal, well it's been nerfed to shit research med production)
>>
>>164422657
On average, 2-3 times a week. I'm using Randy, so sometimes it's more than others.
>>
>>164422959
Are you using medicine? Like, actual medicine? I find that herbal medicine is really only good now as a means to boost the "bandaging" speed of minor wounds/major wounds that have not gone infected yet.
>>
>>164422263
They'll keel over with hunger pains in a few days and then you can kill the ones who hasn't already walked away.
>>
>>164422959
Another thing, you reduce the likelihood of even getting an infection in the first place by having clean rooms with flooring
>>
What is the most useless tech and why is it electric cremation? Corpses and unwanted apparel are more easily solved with molotovs.
>>
>>164423092
Hmm, that's strange. Are you using any mods?
>>
>>164423609
Or, you know, graves and trading
>>
>>164423714
Yeah, only new one I installed was a furniture pack mod, but everything else is stuff I've been using already.
>>
>>164424001
Which ones?
>>
File: it just werks.jpg (415KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
it just werks.jpg
415KB, 1680x1050px
>>164423041
>>164421719
Okay it seems to work
goto Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\725623521\Defs\TerrainDefs , then either paste my file in or edit the TerrainsStone file yourself
>>
>>164424098
Quality Builder, Phi Interaction, Industrial Rollers, Concrete walls, misc training, Psychology, Remote Explosives, USCM, Outfitter, Rimsernal, Prison extensions, Hugslib, moody, more factions, and hospitality.

Last one I added was T's furniture.
>>
>>164423609
You can:

>build a room with dumping stockpile, let colonists carry corpses to it and have to draft a colonist to force throw a molotov inside every single time

Or:
>build a furnace with rocks and a measly 500 research cost, fine tune it with bills and have it done faster and automatically, with the perk of simultaneously stripping corpses for selling the clothes
>>
At what temperature are eggs supposed to be at to produce chicks? I'm getting "ruined my temperature" in the freezer and just outside.
>>
File: SO I CUT THE HEAD OFF RIGHT.jpg (12KB, 313x350px) Image search: [Google]
SO I CUT THE HEAD OFF RIGHT.jpg
12KB, 313x350px
I swear they nerfed how operations succeed now.

>Level 15 medic
>Bionic arm operation
>Hospital bed
>Sterile floors
>Health monitor
>Proper medicine
>Light source

And she failed TWICE in a row. What the fuck? What am I missing from this scene? Do I need to drug up my doctor or make her into a 160% manipulation to make this shit succeed more?
>>
>>164425056
What the fuck

So operations are pretty much glitterworld medicine only now, right? Or did the EPOE creator fuck up
>>
>>164425056
No you're supposed to laugh at how good of a story you just made
>>
>>164425056
Din't you know surgeons irl are high on cocaine during surgery?

The dudes that performed that four day operation almost OD to save their patient.
>>
>>164424304
>>
>>164424515
Yeah, the door thing is part of an event in one of those mods, but I don't want to spoil it. It's strange that it hasn't triggered if you've gotten so many raids.
>>
>>164425290
I think the meta is now:

>herbal medicine
injuries to prevent bleedout, a boost to bandaging to be honest
>medicine
good for infections and sicknesses
>glitterworld medicine
surgeries, sicknesses and infections that have progressed too far

I like to imagine that glitterworld medicine acts as the tools, advanced anesthetics, etc. for your surgery. Though there really needs to be a way to create glitteworld medicine or a near equivalent.
>>
>>164425425
>Luciferium enhanced bionic 20 medicine surgeon on coke trying to install a peg leg
>Doctor Greenthumb has failed catastrophically, the patient was cut up
>head 0% (removed)
>>
>>164425581
Oh fuck me. What mod is it. I'm going to get rid of it because its driving me fucking livid. Even more so if its not triggering.
>>
Can you make glitterworld medicine or do you have to buy it?
>>
>>164425869
You have to buy it, try orbital exotic traders
>>
>>164425842
One of your colonists is the one leaving the doors open, arrest him or her
>>
File: 1414520409324.gif (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414520409324.gif
13KB, 500x500px
>Read neurotrainer gives 50,000 exp
>Shieet that's enough to take a skill from 0 to 9
>Didn't read the part where it says (affected by learning factors)
>Everything without a passion has factor of 0.33
>Wasted 2 construction trainers to make a mediocre builder
>>
>>164426372
Damn, didn't know that either. At least they sell for a lot.
>>
File: 1476935519575.png (285KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1476935519575.png
285KB, 444x440px
>>164426351
>I have 20 colonists
Well fuck me
>>
>>164426680
I can only assume it's a mod conflict if the event isn't triggering on raids, but it will trigger anyway if you find and arrest them
>>
File: 1412353565882.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1412353565882.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>164426372
Hold up but that means that a too smart pawn with burning passion for the skill will gain 115000 exp from a single trainer, which is enough to take the skill from 0 to 14. Two trainers will make them hit the cap of 210000
>>
>>164426680
This sounds all too familiar
>>
File: woah.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
So this game looks fun but I don't know much about it, any anons recommend it or is shit like every game on /vg/?
>>
>>164427196
Hey all of you guys playing this game do you recommend this game you are playing ha ha!
>>
>>164413617
It really isn't a penalty, darkness only affects global work speed element of surgery.
>>
File: fun.jpg (88KB, 723x764px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
88KB, 723x764px
>>164427284

Not unheard of, go on the /ed/ sub, everyone hates elite dangerous but they still play it.

Last time I asked I got a reply of "I have over 300 hours logged and have yet to see the fun"
>>
File: free meat.jpg (97KB, 1305x854px) Image search: [Google]
free meat.jpg
97KB, 1305x854px
Thanks Phoebe.
>>
>>164427445
Sounds like people who play mobas, they experience vein popping frustration and agony every half hour-to hour match, play 10+ matches a day yet still go back

But this is a singleplayer game and generals about singleplayer games generally contain people who enjoy them
>>
File: ayyswhentynan.jpg (38KB, 564x734px) Image search: [Google]
ayyswhentynan.jpg
38KB, 564x734px
>>164427196
Game is in the vein of Dwarf Fortress with similarities to prison architect. If you like basebuilding and roguelikes you would probably enjoy Rimworld.

I suggest watching some LPs or pirating the game and seeing if you enjoy it. It's a great time sink, so if you do pay for it then the cost to hours played ratio is pretty good.

The game is quite flawed, being in late alpha, but the modding scene gives it tons of replayability and allows us to ignore some issues since we can personally iron them out.
>>
>>164427487
LOADS OF MEAT
>>
File: 1483350028367.png (764KB, 748x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483350028367.png
764KB, 748x864px
>>164427487
>>
>>164427487
So are you putting phoebe's meat in your mouth or what?
>>
>>164427756
tl;dr a very dark-soulsian approach to us loving the game. We constantly bitch about the game fucking us over but I'm pretty certain most of us here have fun playing it.
>>
>>164427697

Same for me, I own about 60 games on steam and hate all of em... Still log more hours than is healthy though.

>>164427756

Watched some lets plays of it when it first came out, they looked fun, and having a whole planet to colonize looks amazing. Played dwarf fortress a bit but it was just too agonizing to actually make heads or tails of the interface. I like some city builders tho so I was curious.
>>
>>164427956
How long before tynan puts a debuff on beaver meat
>>
>>164427956
Muffalo meat ain't no Chef Boyardee but it'll do.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-03 03.21.36.png (168KB, 738x617px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-03 03.21.36.png
168KB, 738x617px
Addictcat's bad lifestyle finally caught up with him ;_;
>>
File: 1439550237657.gif (241KB, 350x186px) Image search: [Google]
1439550237657.gif
241KB, 350x186px
>>164428039
What the heck anon, I only buy games I am 99% sure I will enjoy. If I'm not sure, I look into it more, watch other people play them or pirate them. If it turns out I don't enjoy them, I get rid of them or at the very least stop playing.
>>
File: Guest Room.png (373KB, 483x492px) Image search: [Google]
Guest Room.png
373KB, 483x492px
would you visit my colony
>>
>>164424641

>>build a furnace with rocks and a measly 500 research cost, fine tune it with bills and have it done faster and automatically, with the perk of simultaneously stripping corpses for selling the clothes
>costs resources
>costs energy
>ties up a hauler
>the clothes corpses are wearing are worth nothing due to the D
>all this for what is actually SLOWER (you have to use the furnace on top of hauling the corpses)

Yeah, no, I'll take A and feed my carnivores at the same time.

>>164423834

Graves take space and the clothing is worth fuck all.
>>
File: 420.png (75KB, 983x1013px) Image search: [Google]
420.png
75KB, 983x1013px
>>164428527

I buy them on sale, and I beg a lot on /b/.
>>
>>164428039
>Played dwarf fortress a bit but it was just too agonizing to actually make heads or tails of the interface.
Then Rimworld might be [your game]. We tag it as Dwarf Fortress-lite for a reason. Many of us here probably play or have played DF but we view Rimworld as a nice alternative to DF.
>>
>>164426986
Yeah, I just tested it in dev mode and it triggered on the second raid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>164428552
What are we going to do on the beds after drinking the vodka, anon-kun?
>>
>pyromaniac burns down my whole stockpile faster than my other peeps can extinguish

how do prepare for this? i never capture or arrive with pyromaniacs, but sometimes they join on their own.
>>
>>164428890
Arrest and harvest all of his organs
>>
>>164428862
we'll put on our track suits and squat
>>
>>164429183
So just never have any pyromaniacs period?
>>
How do you build cozy stuff from double-layer walls? Like stone on the outside, wood/stone varied inside for looks or whatever.
I want to have wood walls but i want them to be hard to get through and not look like a tom'n'jerry cartoon house when someone lights a matchstick.

>>164427078
>ss13
Is that game actually good? I tried it once but it had a 10 second delay for everything.
Seemed cool thou.
>>
File: 1423663969251.png (789KB, 742x795px) Image search: [Google]
1423663969251.png
789KB, 742x795px
>2 girls 1 guy crashlanding
>>
>>164429391

SS13 is cool but its pretty casual, if you want a real challenge play lifeweb.

inb4 ss13 fanbois
>>
File: 1396006979985.jpg (59KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
1396006979985.jpg
59KB, 554x390px
>Send pawns out to shoot raiders out in the open in a little group
>''They'll be fine''
>Half of your pawns are immediately shot to death or crippled for life because of your smart decision
>>
>Randy sends me about 40 meds
Thank you based Randy-san. You know me best!
>Randy sends me another 15 meds
A-are you trying to tell me something? I don't understand.
>>
>>164429813
Yeah thats some isis-tier combat tactics.
>>
File: 1480973525649.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1480973525649.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
>>164425056
Sun lamps
>>
>>164429543
Yeah forgot to say that i hate playing with internet people...
lifeweb seems like its for some really fucked up kind of psychos thou.

I hope rimworld gets a crime system of some kind
>>
File: goodnightpupper.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
goodnightpupper.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>164429402
Try crashlanding in an arctic biome with lovers. If you survive making your base it's pretty comfy, desu.
>>
File: cosy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cosy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
what do you guys think of my little place so far
I'm too scared to open the ancient danger
>>
File: 1434143232413-3.jpg (46KB, 424x505px) Image search: [Google]
1434143232413-3.jpg
46KB, 424x505px
>tfw tribals attack
>tfw defenses make short work of them
>tfw one of my colonists is shot in the back by another colonist with a sniper rifle
>tfw his spine was shattered
>>
>>164430195

Lifeweb only appears that way, playing for 5 minutes will give you that impression too, playing for an hour and you realize they are pretty chill.

Tho speaking of rimworld I noticed a post about ayylmaos but when I looked all I found was a post from 2012 saying there would be no ayy's.
Anyone got any info on this?
>>
>>164428265

Oh god, no! Not cancer!
>>
File: 342213928.png (11KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
342213928.png
11KB, 633x758px
>hospitality updates

Time to delete another colony and start over!
>>
File: blindgirl.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blindgirl.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
>>164430105
This, it's probably unintentional but because normal lamps only provide 50% lighting everything that needs good eyesight is LITERALLY taking a 50% penalty.
>>
>>164430531
Why? I just loaded it into my existing save. Had to reset my priorities and then it was good.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1044x703px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1044x703px
What a clusterfuck
>>
>>164430402
Comfy, I don't suggest opening the ancient danger though unless you want to have a bad time. Not yet, at least.
>>
>>164430531
What's that? Can you explain?
>>
>>164430624
Oh. Well, combat realism ruined that save anyway due to inventory bugs, and I also want to load in fish industry.

>>164430682
It lets you actually interact with visitors other than just trading or killing them
>>
>>164430636
that biome looks like a desolate wasteland
>>
>>164430624
>>164430531
Same.

>>164430682
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11444.0

It's like a diplomacy mod, kinda. It lets you build little hotels for the people that visit your colony. If they like your stay it will increase faction relations and they may leave behind gifts. Also, if your people are liked enough you can directly recruit people that arrive in your base (though at a relations penalty for stealing their citizens).
>>
>>164430402
>ancient danger
Havent touched them since a14 but i would definetly set up some sort of instant-incernation build for whatever is inside.

Is redistheat updated yet?
>>
Post yfw amputated the wrong leg
>>
File: 1398189283025.png (214KB, 684x587px) Image search: [Google]
1398189283025.png
214KB, 684x587px
>>164409184
>All female race of girls with horns and lizard tails

>High base tolerance for heat, extremely low tolerance for cold

>Sleep need x150%, but all of them have hard worker equivalent

>Want to make eggs with your male pawns but female pawns are competition so they start fights with them
>>
File: 1466606784006.jpg (88KB, 1000x841px) Image search: [Google]
1466606784006.jpg
88KB, 1000x841px
>>164430951
>>
>>164428265
Stay strong little buddy!

Some mod had animal surgery in A15 and through the fog I remember something about animal bionics...

>>164430531
Oh... SK HC modpack is also up for A16. Uhhh... I'll wait till they dig through most of the bugs though. Bug reports are insane for now.
>>
>>164430951
well just put it back on and pretend it never happened.
>average day on rimplanet
>>
>>164430945
if I installed a few coolers but put the hot end facing in could I cook out the bugs?
>>
>>164430951
>>
>>164431118
I've been interested in trying that pack out, never got to during that a14-16 transition and the CCL wait. I'll be looking forward to it
>>
File: 1459451101611.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459451101611.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>tfw two attack elephants
It's obscene how much they can tank. And all those bullet holes gives my doc plenty of exp. Truly they're the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
File: 1433604601301.jpg (44KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433604601301.jpg
44KB, 400x500px
>>164430951
>>
File: doctorfugg.jpg (22KB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
doctorfugg.jpg
22KB, 370x208px
>>164430951
>>
>>164431315
Don't forget the meat and ivory anon. They're like mini Thrumbos!
>>
File: 1466775916569.jpg (33KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466775916569.jpg
33KB, 314x320px
>>164430951
>>
>>164430542
is she ok
>>
File: 1480302138563.png (50KB, 257x325px) Image search: [Google]
1480302138563.png
50KB, 257x325px
>>164430951
>>
>settle in mountainous region surrounded by impassable mountains
>random colonists can't just up and join
>instead, the rimgods send them flying into the ground at mach speed to let me pick and choose who I want to save
truly blessed
>>
>>164431023
Doable, except for the extra lustiness part. It would be extremely superficial though. I have no way to bump up their promiscuity in .xml afaik.
>>
File: anon joins the camp.jpg (138KB, 1920x1057px) Image search: [Google]
anon joins the camp.jpg
138KB, 1920x1057px
>>164430951
>thinking I did it by mistake
>>
What species of tree has the best wood/growth time yield for farming now?
>>
File: 120ccs.jpg (19KB, 416x312px) Image search: [Google]
120ccs.jpg
19KB, 416x312px
>>164430951
>>
>>164431656
Didn't someone say events aren't influenced by location on the map? Or have you been getting literally nothing but escape pods and no ''getting chased by pirates'' or wanderers coming in and shit
>>
>>164431656
>actually believes this is a good thing
Just wait until the raids start happening, when a stampade of mechanoids burns your defenseless wood huts to the ground with your pretty colonists still inside.
>>
>>164431837
Poplar and oak. Poplar for quick growing, oak for the yield. Grow both.
>>
File: 1337224921427.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1337224921427.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
Imagine if you could import another player's base so you could raid it in your own game
>>
>>164431848
yea nothing but pods, trade caravans and a few raids
>>164431957
don't worry once I get more established I'm going to save a few pod pawns and force them to protect the god emperor with their life
like a futuristic space plantation owner
>>
>>164431848
that would be cool if map location actually did matter in terms of events. All I know is that it won't stop raids.

Maybe they'll all drop pod in? I forgot about that feature.
>>
>>164431118
Oh I already installed a bionic animal liver, because he's worth it.

Cancer isn't really a problem even in vanilla since you can excise it. Takes 6 medicine and a decent doctor.
>>
>>164431251

> "I've huge 'em"

That's what it looks like he's saying
>>
>>164431501
Yeah, her biggest problem is that she's stuck in a shitty edgelord show.
>>
>>164432641
pretty much
>>
>>164432552
He's saying "huge mistake."
>>
>>164433183
He's saying ''give you semen''
>>
>playing lovecraft mods
>invaded by star monster
>boy is it fucking fast
>destroyed my colony in the first year
Huh. Well that's shitty. I mean, I was playing a lovecraft mod so I should have expected something like that. It was just a bit anticlimactic. Like the boogeymen in DF.
>>
>>164430542
Can you stack them for more than 50%?
>>
>>164433556
I've tried, looks like you can't. Though I only tried two lights in a small room.

That being said, you CAN turn off sun lamps. So I suppose you only need to turn them on during the surgery.
>>
>>164433753
but how do you force a surgery to be done on that specific bed?
>>
File: Images-4-.jpg (62KB, 768x569px) Image search: [Google]
Images-4-.jpg
62KB, 768x569px
>>164433974
Tell your colonist after assigning a surgery to them to "rest" in that particular bed. If the colonist cannot walk to the bed for whatever reason I think you can re-install the sun lamp.

At worst, you can just unassign all med beds except the one you want to use and "rescue" the colonist.
>>
>>164429543
I fucking knew you degenerates where in this thread when people started asking for rape mods,
>>
>>164434108

Wait there are rape mods for rimworld?

Shit son I was on the fence about getting rimworld but I'm pretty sold now.
>>
File: Holy shito.png (663KB, 811x520px) Image search: [Google]
Holy shito.png
663KB, 811x520px
HOLY
SHITO
BATMAN
>>
>>164383720
Because drugs and rape are different levels of taboo both legally and culturally, and the dev would be an idiot to want to get sucked into that shitstorm.

He'd probably get kicked off Steam as well
>>
>>164434259
how'd they even fit
>>
>>164434336
>You've struck compacted centipedes!
>>
>>164372454
Why is this game so addicting when I could never get into Dwarf Fortress?
>>
>>164434575
thats pretty good
If only the game would make jokes like that...
>>
If this flu kills you I'll fucking murder you
>>
>>164423609
I use the Soylent green mod. All prisoners eat it. We never have extra corpses anymore
>>
File: prodigy neurotrainer.jpg (225KB, 1920x1055px) Image search: [Google]
prodigy neurotrainer.jpg
225KB, 1920x1055px
Crafting isn't a single skill, but multiple skills.

I just had my "Too smart" Prodigy character with major burning passions for a lot of things use a Crafting Neurotrainer and he just jumped into 16+ in Smith and Tailor too.

So essentially leveling either Tailoring, Smithing or Crafting raises all skills because I also have a Tailorer who never has done Smithing or Crafting have all 3 skills almost maxed out and all he does is clothing.

So yeah, always buy Crafting Neurotrainers, those things seem to be amazing.
>>
File: nobueno.png (1015KB, 1046x769px) Image search: [Google]
nobueno.png
1015KB, 1046x769px
>>164434865
forgot
>>
>>164435012
>39% immune to the fucking flu

Damn deep space babies
>>
>>164435006
Tailoring isn't a skill you fucking dipshit, it's a job
>>
What's the most profitable article of clothing?
>>
>>164435012
Rip in a comfy bed
>>
>>164435165
Fuck you shit face. It's a skill.
>>
>>164435165
>you fucking dipshit
found the one with the abrasive trait
>>
>>164435219
Tailoring is something a craftsman can do.
Same way plant cutting is something a grower can do.

There is no tailoring or smithing skill. Only crafting.
>>
File: idiot faggot.png (13KB, 233x373px) Image search: [Google]
idiot faggot.png
13KB, 233x373px
>>164435219
Fucking WHERE, you mongoloid?
>>
Pregnancy and family simulator mod/update when??!!!

I want to replenish my ranks with strong tribesmen babies
>>
>>164435482
Someone's working on them but the timescale is too long in Rimworld for babies to really be a thing
>>
>>164383057
>Only piece of rule34 for Rimworld is a captured raider being used as a dairy cow
>tfw no lewd mods for Rimworld

;__;
>>
>>164435467

Right in the fucking Work tab you fucking retarded inbred fucker? Are you blind or just retarded?
>>
>>164435717
>Tailoring isn't a skill you fucking dipshit, it's a job
JOBS
ARE
WORK
YOU
FUCKING
RETARD
>>
>>164435717
Are you just overly defensive when wrong or are you throwing out bait?
>>
>>164435923
No they aren't moron. There's nowhere in the game where these things are called jobs and they function identical to what you call skills so you're just arguing retarded semantics and you're a retard, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>164435591
Season is 15 days. You get around the rimworld year in 60 days... just make them babies for a year, teenagers for another 1.5 or 2 and then a full-fledged colonist starting with biologicaly 16years or something. Explain it with space radiation, alien suplements or fucking nanites I don't know.

It's a game anyway. For a mod I don't see it being a problem at all. Sometimes colonists have hard time to survive for 3 years. You can imagine it being special case with defenseless kids for sure.
>>
>>164435941
He is too stupid to realize how stupid he is
>>
File: tailor job.png (9KB, 239x131px) Image search: [Google]
tailor job.png
9KB, 239x131px
>>164436032
Holy shit you're beyond mentally handicapped
>>
>>164434575
Jaysus, don't give him ideas.
>>
File: job xml.png (4KB, 387x108px) Image search: [Google]
job xml.png
4KB, 387x108px
>>164436224
>>
>>164435941
You're telling me some anon overreacted like a spastic faggot and is being baited hard? In a dwarf like general? No way.
>>
>>164436224
You're a retard. No where in there does it say it's a job. Just kill yourself.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (40KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
40KB, 349x642px
>>164436398
>>
Can we just stop talking to the guy who thinks tailoring is a skill? Don't let him move goalposts either, tailoring totally is a job.

Moment of non-comfiness over, let's move on?

>>164435482
TRIBED.com
>>
File: fBUic1W.png (1MB, 1085x800px) Image search: [Google]
fBUic1W.png
1MB, 1085x800px
>>164437063
We need more comfy, post more comfy
>>
File: need help.png (3MB, 1919x980px) Image search: [Google]
need help.png
3MB, 1919x980px
For anyone using Rimsenal mod did you ever come across an error where mountains were made out of automatic grenade launchers? Is this a mod loading order issue?
>>
>>164437572
Loltho

Do they explode if you attack them
>>
>>164437572
I'm don't even know how that's possible. It's quite the load order/incompatibility issue.
>>
>>164437001
>arguing about minute details makes me a genius especially since I lose my shit over it in a spasticially autistic manner on an imageboard
>can't wait to post my just_pretending.jpg if he's baiting me to get even more mad
>jackpot!
kysmm
>>
>>164438064
Is there a certain load order for Rimsenal?
>>
>79 hours of gameplay and going steady

Send help.
Why aren't more games like rimworld
>>
File: ok to be dumb.png (8KB, 141x147px) Image search: [Google]
ok to be dumb.png
8KB, 141x147px
>>164438280
>>
File: ^).gif (5KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
^).gif
5KB, 512x512px
>>164438747
>>
>>164437572
Neat.
Only thing I remember like this happening was mortars showing up as charge rifles when pirates got them dropped with them.
>>
File: 1482892389910.png (220KB, 595x381px) Image search: [Google]
1482892389910.png
220KB, 595x381px
>>164419778
>thought the market in community would be pretty fair
>prices are pretty steep
>traded 1000 steel for 20 meals
>>
>firefighter gets taken down by molotov
>base is going up in flames
>other colonist rescues him
>(will never do firefighting)
why is that even a fucking trait fuck this game
that molotov cunt took like 5 shots with a pistol and a blaster rifle and didnt drop dead but he managed to throw molotovs to his hearts content REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>164434676
This has an interface and basic graphics.
>>
File: retard.png (724KB, 748x556px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
724KB, 748x556px
>>164440237
>>
>>164440237
>>164425318
>>
>>164440237
>fire fighter

You mean every single one of your colonists?
>>
I'm thinking of starting a game with the Hardcore SK modpack, should I revert to a14 in the betas to play or just wait a few months for a16 version to stabilize? And is it worth it?
>>
File: 1483181032213.jpg (366KB, 2048x2033px) Image search: [Google]
1483181032213.jpg
366KB, 2048x2033px
>>164440497
>he didn't make his entire base out of the local stone
>>
>>164440646
I honestly can't enjoy this game truly without the complexities in crafting that the hardcore modpack brings.
It just feels like babymode without it.

That being said, the current version looks very lackluster so I'd wait a few more weeks at least.
>>
>>164440616
I have 2 colonists, 1 will firefight, 1 will not
the 1 who will has burns on his enitre body and is incapacitated
>>
>>164425581
Which mod is it? I'm intrigued now.
>>
>>164372831
nice location but shit temps
>>
>>164440871
It seems really ambitious and complex, downloading and setting up a14 version now. Am I gonna be completely out of my depth if I've been playing rimworld for awhile?
>>
File: not sure if breaking law.png (109KB, 623x561px) Image search: [Google]
not sure if breaking law.png
109KB, 623x561px
>>164441076
**Psychology**
>>
>>164441087
Yeah, but I was looking for something on the colder "you have to stay indoors to be comfy" side. Was hoping others might be intrigued too :3
>>
>>164441228
whoops fucked up spoilers, oh well
>>
>wall in my base entirely
>kill a boomalope so I can burn down the whole map
>rain automatically starts whenever the fire gets too big

Fuck
>>
File: 1480610108613.jpg (112KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480610108613.jpg
112KB, 600x800px
>>164441228
>>164441339

Thanks anyway. I think I have that one, but I've yet to encounter it myself. I'm fucking paranoid now.
>>
File: 1436742014551.png (164KB, 878x607px) Image search: [Google]
1436742014551.png
164KB, 878x607px
>>164441489
>your colonist's face
>>
>>164440497
>it's just a spring clean for the may queen
>>
>>164441489
Why does this picture always make me laugh
>>
File: closecaravans.png (639KB, 703x770px) Image search: [Google]
closecaravans.png
639KB, 703x770px
I underestimated the practicality of caravans. So long as you're close enough you can get away with trading a bit without needing to use up too much manpower and time.

Takes a bit more than a day (since the pawns sleep during that time) to get to the closest settlement and back.
>>
File: 1462100019468.jpg (52KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
1462100019468.jpg
52KB, 600x777px
>>164441571
W-what if I do the Rich Explorer start?
>>
File: uhoh.png (888KB, 1026x947px) Image search: [Google]
uhoh.png
888KB, 1026x947px
jokes on them, they going to be obliterated by bugs
>>
>>164441108
Just prepare to be stuck in the stone age for a good while until you're able to produce circuits and plastics.
It slows the technological progression of the game down to a crawl, which I like a lot.
Farming is a bit jacked up though. A lot of plants need higher than 100% fertility to be able to be planted, and you need seeds to plant anything. Make sure you prepare carefully and bring some seeds.
Before you can make compost to make your own rich soil you'll be making farm plots in rich soil and hunting to survive.
And it uses the combat realism which introduce limited ammo for your guns. So you'll want to make bow and arrows for your hunters so you don't waste ammo there.
Personally I disable a lot of the incidents they introduce since it felt like nothing but minor annoyances or big unavoidable fuck yous. Like razor rain, bounty hunters, raptors and the one that drops a guy from space.
But I'd say play a while and see for yourself which incidents you wanna cut out from the game.
>>
File: BUUGS.png (794KB, 912x787px) Image search: [Google]
BUUGS.png
794KB, 912x787px
>>164442195
>>
>>164442381
But.. now you have bugs roaming outside
>>
>>164442298
All of this sounds perfect, learning to survive all over again is just what I need from this game. Thanks for the heads up on preparing my expedition instead of just dropping in.
>>
>>164442493
oh fuck they're storming the gates, I did not expect them to attack
>>
>>164442493
Just don't go outside.
>>
>>164442608
THEY'RE BUSTING DOWN THE WALLS, CENTIPEDES EN ROUTE FUUUUCK
>>
File: Kalak-Mul.jpg (343KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Kalak-Mul.jpg
343KB, 1920x1017px
R8 my base so far, I'm digging a chapel west of the hydroponics room next.
>>
>>164442758
MAN THE BARRICADES, RANK AND FIRE! WE BELIEVE IN YOU
>>
>>164442831
You should wall in that upper area and force raids to come in through the water. Looks defensive, anon.

Smooth those tiles if you haven't already. Colonists love smoothed tiles. They'll eat their dinner off them (well, not without a mood penalty).
>>
File: AAAAHHHHH.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAHHHHH.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>164442875
THIS WILL BE OUR LAST STAND BOYS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzcOcBb_ms
>>
>>164432160
Thanks senpai
>>
>>164441228

I hope that Greytide mod updates soon. I need Spess in my Spess.
>>
>>164443064

F
>>
>>164443182
They died together in the dark while scythers destroyed everything around them.
>>
>>164443298
Bugs can't be trusted.
>>
>>164443298
rip in space
>>
>>164442983
You're right.

I could mine out the boulders in the way and build some turrets on the shoreline.

Too bad I can't build barbed wire on the water.

>>164443298
o7

A fine end to a fine colony, if I may say so myself.
>>
>>164442831
infestation/10
>>
File: aterribledayforrain.jpg (40KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
aterribledayforrain.jpg
40KB, 350x197px
>>164443298
>>
>>164442831

Outside of the imminent bugs pretty good. Always remember that one of the biggest dangers to your base/colonists is fires, so ensure that your base is well ventilated because enclosed fires will begin to raise a rooms temperature to the point where your colonists begin to burn to death even without being on fire. Also if you plan to expand your battery room make sure they have a walking tile on each side for fire safety, otherwise all the batteries will have inaccessible tiles that will burn without you being able to put them out. Never stack your power generation as close as it is for that very reason, one incendiary mortar and you'll lose all power simply because your colonists cant get to the fire to put it out.
>>
>>164441991
Not even yourself
>>
>>164444194
Are the bugs comments just because I'm nining into the mountain or is there something else I should be taking into consideration?
>>
Do plants grow at night if they have a sun light? I clicked on them and it says they are "resting".

So which is it? Yes or no?
>>
>>164444873
No
>>
Can anyone who's good at code take a look at the code for Reroll Map and figure out what the "Secret Feature" is? Because I've done like twenty rerolls and not found shit.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18073.0

>>164444873
No, they do not. This mod has an option that fixes that: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737358776
>>
>>164444354

Infestations spawn in mountain bases and caves. They're a pain in the ass to deal with but so long as you root em' out early you'll be fine.
>>
>>164444963
I'm fucking mad as shit that he won't just say what it is. How am I supposed to know what it is even if I find it? Could be from any mod if I can recognize it not being vanilla.

I need to know.
>>
What biomes do you anons think are the most fun?

Are there any zombie mods?

Any essential mods you would recommend for someone who is doing a second playthrough?
>>
>>164445274
Boreal forest. I love the cold.
>>
>>164445137
It "Has a notification and sound" for finding it, but supposedly it doesn't come up until later in the game, has a chance to spawn based on the lower your % of resources is, and that's all we know. Supposedly, you can just find it in the code, but I have no idea what it would even be under.
>>
>>164445350
Yeah It's cold enough to snow for sure but hot enough to farm enough in summer to last through winter.
>>
File: 1473128235834.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1473128235834.gif
999KB, 250x251px
If I arrest one of my colonist because he's being autistic and having some self pity sad wander moment rather then sitting down and taking his medicine so he doesn't die, do I have to chat and recruit from being a prisoner or can I just release him?
>>
>>164445568
no all you have to do is release him
>>
File: 1483049126488.jpg (42KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1483049126488.jpg
42KB, 436x436px
>tfw providing guns though player trading and getting useful supplies back.
>comfy Ice sheet guns factory getting the food it needs.
>>
>>164444963
I would presume it's the pirate stashes
>>
>>164445691
Guns are recession proof.
>>
File: 1477005138432.jpg (1MB, 1414x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477005138432.jpg
1MB, 1414x1000px
>>164445845
It only suck shit because its cross mod compatible, but you can't send people stuff they don't have the mods for.

I have 40 Lasguns on hand to ship out to the Emperor's enlightened children, and I'm having to send Lee-Enfields, Miniguns, and Sniper Rifles to appease the barbarians.
>>
>>164444963
RimworldMapReroll-1.5.0\Mods\MapReroll\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Misc.xml

There's a pirate stash, contains gold, silver and containers.

These two lines are interesting.

<commonality>2.0</commonality> <!-- with all resources consumed, this is how many stashes will be created on a standard sized map on average -->

<mapSizeCommonalityBias>1.0</mapSizeCommonalityBias> <!-- added to commonality based on map size. multiplied by 1 on largest map, ~-0.6 on smallest -->
>>
>>164381312
Please tell me how are you growing in snow area? I can't do it without the tec open.
>>
>>164446138
>containers

Meant components.
>>
>>164443425
>t. faggot mammal
Fuck humans and fuck trump!
>>
File: no soap 2.jpg (80KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
no soap 2.jpg
80KB, 465x465px
>quick open doors
neat
>they need power to run
>>
>>164446179
Find somewhere outside that has dirt then wall it in, heat it up and provide lights.
>>
>>164445568
You don't have to re-recruit, you might get into a fistfight if he resists arrest, however.
>>
>>164446138
now I know and I'm still mad about it
>>
Can anypme playing with Hardcore SK alpha 14 give me the idiot proof install guide? I thought I had everything put together properly and I can get the thing to launch, but clicking New Game does nothing.
>>
File: 1480474614354.png (236KB, 739x823px) Image search: [Google]
1480474614354.png
236KB, 739x823px
>>164446081
The primitives simply do not see the need in your UBER weaponry.
>>
>>164446138
That's it?
>>
>>164446615
He's a non-violent, black guy who's cucking his wife, while getting cucked by the girl he's cucking his wife with.
>>
File: 1433034680927.jpg (234KB, 778x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1433034680927.jpg
234KB, 778x1166px
>>164437572
>rimsenal conflicts with combat realism and spawns automatic grenade launchers on every marble tile
Damn. And I can't even load my current game without Combat Realism. Looks like I'm doing a new save.
>>
>>164446401
Thank you!
>>
>>164447145
I've had rimsenal do this without combat realism, I installed moody and it happened. no idea why.
>>
File: 1478857641544.jpg (82KB, 544x554px) Image search: [Google]
1478857641544.jpg
82KB, 544x554px
>>164446726
But how could these humans stray so far from our fathers light.
>>
What causes the game to recognize rooms carved into the mountain side as "not indoors"? Supposedly I'm getting a bunch of debuffs cause my rooms are out of doors?
>>
how do i make bedrooms better?
>>
>>164448074
Put a door at the entrance of your cave.

>>164448172
Floors, statues, flowers and better quality beds
>>
File: 1481823896555.png (128KB, 255x313px) Image search: [Google]
1481823896555.png
128KB, 255x313px
>tfw waiting for one mod to update so I can play
>>
I haven't played since probably half a year ago. My old mods won't work with A16 and I need to find new versions for all of them, correct?
>>
Is there a way to make it so my best construction worker does furniture and the rest can do filler things like walls/floors?
>>
File: 1469861597268.jpg (6KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
1469861597268.jpg
6KB, 160x213px
>>164448726
>Waiting for promising mods from many versions ago to get resurrected by their presumably dead makers
>>
>>164448970
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25188
>>
File: circles.png (111KB, 894x909px) Image search: [Google]
circles.png
111KB, 894x909px
Dug this up from old DW folder and figured some of you out there like circles.
>>
>>164449492
Mine It All mod gives a brush tool to do this.
>>
>>164449590
So what?
>>
File: 75757731134.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
75757731134.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I halved the range, reduced the damage by 10, increased the cooldown by 600%, and now it's a much more reasonable weapon. An anti-tank rifle that can fire twice a second? Fucking Glitter Tech making me go and edit retarded fucking variables. Another mod which is actually balanced has this laser rifle available from the same vendor, roughly the same price, and it was literally inferior in every single way except for being marginally more accurate. 30 range instead of 80, 22 damage instead of 50, twice the cooldown and warmup, and also doesn't cause a small explosion on contact. At least it's easy to edit variables in this game. I would just not use Glitter Tech but I like the additional depth it adds and I have the self control to avoid the unbalanced overpowered shit.

>>164448818
correct

>>164448074
to be indoors, it needs to be completely surrounded by walls and doors and have a roof, otherwise it says "unroofed"
>>
>>164449062
wot m*d?
>>
File: 1471479316222.jpg (18KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1471479316222.jpg
18KB, 250x323px
>new game
>2 female colonist
>1 male colonist
>male colonist already rebuffed 4 times
https://youtu.be/9MsbV-vQCw0
>>
File: radioactive_caribou.jpg (145KB, 1328x608px) Image search: [Google]
radioactive_caribou.jpg
145KB, 1328x608px
Will eating these poison my colonists?
>>
>>164450054
I dunno, I liked these ones and others I've forgotten.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19983.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7466.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15789.0

There's also a bunch of unfinished ones I'd like to see finished, like this extremely dank looking Warhammer 40k total conversion
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28422.0
And this biome one
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28140.0
>>
>>164450397
nah it's fine m8

sure makes hunting a lot simpler when everything on the map drops dead, nothing bad happened to my guys
>>
What are some of the best weapons for defending your colony?
>>
File: 20170102224724_1.jpg (402KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
20170102224724_1.jpg
402KB, 1920x1058px
>pirates with actual weapons stopped raiding a year ago
>only two pissed off tribes show up every once in a while and walk into this
I have so much fucking chemfuel and human leather from the dead tribals.
>>
>>164450729
>https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28422.0
Please have Tau
>>
File: numbers_coming_to_use.jpg (183KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
numbers_coming_to_use.jpg
183KB, 1920x1017px
>>164450765
Even the elk are dropping dead.

And thanks to the Numbersâ„¢ mod I can see all the dead animals on the map!
>>
>>164451042

Get the Caravan Spot mod and send incoming traders to your kill zone, let rip so they turn hostile, do that a couple times and everyone on the planet will be trying to kill you.

Plenty of free shit from then on.
>>
>>164451042
I can only imagine how much power this takes to run.
>>
>>164451096
Given one of the "faiths" in the new faith system is "The Greater Good", I think that implies he's going to add them eventually.
>>
File: castle1.png (2MB, 1461x1044px) Image search: [Google]
castle1.png
2MB, 1461x1044px
Castle Anon here.
The plan to purge the world of tribals and pirates has been put on hold, due to tribals and pirates.

(cont)
>>
>>164451216
Over 18kW.

I'm preparing for the inevitable raid that happens during a solar flare which would completely fuck me right now.
>>
File: circuit breakers.jpg (171KB, 1920x1055px) Image search: [Google]
circuit breakers.jpg
171KB, 1920x1055px
Can someone explain to me how I use these?

They haven't saved me from a Zzzt.. once yet.
>>
File: castle2.png (1MB, 927x997px) Image search: [Google]
castle2.png
1MB, 927x997px
>>164451421

After researching electricity, raids and events spiked sharply, and two poison ships, a psychic ship, four pirate groups and six tribal raids later, the decision was made to abandon the castle and move to a more secured location one hex over in the mountains while I build my army.

A skeleton crew have been stripping out the castle while caravans take gear and material to the new fortress.

Caravan
>>
File: trap_music_intensifies.jpg (623KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
trap_music_intensifies.jpg
623KB, 1920x1017px
Dark young don't even give a fuck, hell, they probably enjoy it.
>>
>>164451421
Is this a Jojo reference?
>>
>>164451042
How do you get chemfuel from tribals?
>>
File: mountain1.png (1MB, 1291x897px) Image search: [Google]
mountain1.png
1MB, 1291x897px
>>164451556

There's not much here at the moment. Work has been slow as most of the colonists strip down the castle for usable material and ship it over.
>>
>>164451421
that's a nice fucking castle
>>
>>164451491
Read them, dumbass.
>>
File: 20170102230035_1.jpg (358KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
20170102230035_1.jpg
358KB, 1920x1058px
Haven't even finished cleaning up the previous raid.
>>
>>164451421
What mods?
>>
>>164451793

Medieval Times mostly, and a few others.
>>
>>164451763
So are those turrets just supposed to be bombs? Don't they shoot each other?
>>
>>164451646
Butcher them, use the human flesh.
>>
>>164451743
are you ok? still buttblasted?
>>
File: 20170102230257_1.jpg (337KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
20170102230257_1.jpg
337KB, 1920x1058px
>>164451862
No, they shoot over/around each other when they're close together, like colonists do when bunched up.

One of the dipshits started punching the wall of the chokepoint and blocked the attack. Had to go out and bait em with a colonist.
>>
>>164452070
In my experience colonists only shoot past each adjacent pawns. And one turret getting damaged will blow up the whole section.
>>
>>164452229
Maybe it's a function of the difficulty level but shooting past 3 pawns/turrets is fine for me.

I did lose a few dozen turrets so far, the cheeks of 16 turrets each are my favorite design so far because it staggers the turrets' fire. Too many times the turrets would all open up on the lead attacker and a few seconds would be wasted killing just one or two guys. This way the attackers walk into the kill room and trigger turrets in a sequence maintaining a constant stream of gunfire.
>>
>>164449492
I use the actually same thing for my stockpiles. Aesthetic and efficient, you can chain most of these together.
>>
>>164451491
I think they work like in real life. A surge will trip them and spare a set amount of electric charge and you will have to flip them back on, maybe at a cost of a fuse (component).
>>
File: bukkake.jpg (22KB, 321x417px) Image search: [Google]
bukkake.jpg
22KB, 321x417px
bets anyone?
>>
>>164452229
You're right, but the chance isn't too bad depending on the distance between the target and the turret. If the raider gets near the turrets I imagine a lot of friendly fire, unless turrets are immune to that.
>>
>>164451669
That's some real Helm's Deep shit, anon.
>>
>>164452829
Get horned
>>
>>164452829
You probably have it but it's going to be a tough fight.
>>
>>164451669
>literally moving a castle
Castle-Anon best Anon.
>>
File: bukkake results.jpg (48KB, 754x452px) Image search: [Google]
bukkake results.jpg
48KB, 754x452px
>>164452829
>>164453034
>>164453135

results
>Human, few scratches to arms and torso
>Grissly, lost an eye
>Muffalo, lost an eye

Rest were just scratches from the horn.
>>
>>164451421
are here shields in this mod?
>>
>>164453378

No, but there are armour pieces like boots and gloves that can add extra protection.
>>
File: 345854143.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
345854143.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
this was an extremely poorly timed plague and I only have bandages which aren't ideal for this to be honest, thanks randy

at least Sophie is the only one I really care about and she got lucky with the treatments
>>
>>164453450
proper shields can't be modded to the game? I assume someone attempted it.
>>
>>164453481
The important part is the story it's giving you, my dude :^)
>>
>capture a female pirate raider because my entire colony is men
>she has the dislikes men trait

should I just release her?
>>
>>164453529

Maybe? I've not seen a mod do that, but I assume it wouldn't be too hard.
>>
My loadup says two mods have the same keybinding. Is this a big problem?
>>
>>164453593
she can still get into a relationship with men. She's just a bit tsundere is all.
>>
>>164451421
Lemme guess, medieval times mod?
>>
File: 1400914507737.jpg (20KB, 288x368px) Image search: [Google]
1400914507737.jpg
20KB, 288x368px
>Polar Bear 1 has become addicted to luciferium
>>
>>164453747
it depends if you use those keybinders for the mod. Can you find a way to rebind them?
>>
>>164453593
no, that sounds hilarious
>>
>>164453819
>>164453896
it does sound pretty entertaining but i'm worried about rebuffed x5 on like every colonist dragging the mental health down
>>
>>164453892
THE PERFECT RAIDING COMPANION
>>
>>164453948
Good worry. I find that people don't flirt that often, especially in droves, but if you're afraid of reaching breaking point then avoid it.

(if she's a good worker I'll keep her tho)
>>
File: polar_bear_1.png (3KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
polar_bear_1.png
3KB, 128x128px
>>164453892
>Hey man, you got some of that good shit? I need some ya feel me?
>>
File: problem solved.png (20KB, 284x45px) Image search: [Google]
problem solved.png
20KB, 284x45px
fug DDD:
>>
File: emergent storytelling.png (1MB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
emergent storytelling.png
1MB, 960x686px
>>
>>164454119
I hope it wasn't a cute grill that dieded.
>>
>>164454232
>mfw the slow but inevitable process of learning to hate the developer that every /vg/ general undergoes has already begun
I like it.
>>
File: paging dr frank.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
paging dr frank.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
all those fucking organs, gone to waste

these are dark times but at least I have their clothes, it's okay to wear them because they were stripped of them hours before they died
>>
>>164454572
>putting that sculpture in their room

now that's just cruel
>>
>>164454472
we should encourage, even. we're no true general until we've embraced our pessimism.
>>
>>164453529
Shields are in the SK hardcore pack, just getting into it now so I don't know which specifically adds them but they seem to be functional with higher skill = better chance to block
>>
>my dog just chows down on my freshly harvested berries before carrying them to the fridge

this is why my colonists keep getting sick isn't it
>>
>>164454826
health inspector update when?
>>
>heat wave + event that removes all power from my batteries within seconds of each other
>>
Do AIs ever shoot at people inside embrasures? I looked at several embrasure mods and they all seem to have AIs ignore the people shooting at them while the AIs run towards the nearest entrance/door making battles ridiculously easy.
>>
How is the difficulty on Phoebe Intense?

I want something cozy, but still difficult and a little frightening.

Say at least a week or so between any happenings, but still serious happenings.
>>
>>164455352
Heatwave
Malaria
Solar Flare
2 raids one after each other.

Lost half my colony. Cassandra just decided to throw everything at my colony at once.
>>
File: modernart.png (3MB, 2802x1995px) Image search: [Google]
modernart.png
3MB, 2802x1995px
>>164454718
you're right I wouldn't want to be staring at this piece of shit for three days while I died of the plague
>>
>>164455352
just put couple of passive coolers in one room ,whats the problem nigga?
>>
>>164455373
There was one iteration that made it similar to sandbags, but very very slow to crawl over.
It was the only one I thought was acceptable. Unfortunately it was a long time ago and I'm not sure if one like that still exists.
>>
>>164455541
>There was one iteration that made it similar to sandbags, but very very slow to crawl over.
I like it. Any idea what it was called?
>>
>>164455517
the problem nigga is that i skipped over researching it

>>164455448
can raiders get heatstroke?
>>
>>164455601
Embrasures, like the rest of them. No way of telling them apart.
>>
>>164455439
Cassandra classic on the medium/med-low difficulty sounds like what you want. Raids are usually a week or so apart. Mad animal events are a frequent piss off though.
>>
>>164455646
>skipped over researching it

well you have yourself to blame for that nigga,
heat doesnt kill people immediately so my advice is to get your researcher high of ampheatamine and research + build that shit asap
>>
>using medieval times + veg garden +medicaddons
>lose 3 colonies in a row to plague
>last colony, I designed my whole strategy around surviving the plague
>have a 8 skill doctor, half a dozen regular medicine + aloe and bandages from veg garden, get antibiotics, have medieval medical tools
>mfw they still all died
Plague is the biggest bullshit ever in this game since the traitor event.
>>
>>164455646
Not quickly enough. Had to restart, muffalos in my barn went mad manhunter when the trainer who tamed them died. And then a dry thunderstorm set fire to parts of my base.

I'm pretty sure I selected cassandra on medium difficulty.

Went from 9 to 1 colonists in 2 days.
>>
>>164451608
I had one of those self-tame and it fought raiders and interloping animals for me, great guy. Unfortunately it terrified all of my prisoners and drove them insane, making them hard to recruit.

It also turned into a raging alcoholic and spent most of its time drunk and throwing up so I had enough and gut the fucker.
>>
>>164455837
I wonder if star vampires are domesticable as well...
>>
>>164455772
i only have smokeweed

i built a research bench in my (soon to be former) freezer and i have him going at it now
>>
>>164455646
Yes. They usually attack before heatstroke seriously affects them though. The only time I've ever had a colony that has posed a serious environmental threat to invaders was a random site selection that placed me in a biome where regular winters got as cold as -180 C. This was before tribals and raiders packed parkas too. They all froze to death trudging through the eternal snow before they even got to my base. Everything died there, and the only food I had for a long time was people.
>>
>>164455745
>Cassandra classic on the medium/med-low difficulty sounds like what you want. Raids are usually a week or so apart. Mad animal events are a frequent piss off though.
Cassandra on "Not so rough" just wiped out my base.
>>
>>164455923
should be done any time unless the sun is literally setting things on fire out there
>>
>>164455904
i had my based melee tribal who i've been able to upgrade with crazy bionics tank star vampires and deep ones on his own. Truly, a war machine.

I've also had a Dark Young eat one of my hunters during the winter months, dick.
>>
>>164455994
well build your base better lamo
>>
File: something stupid.jpg (43KB, 336x213px) Image search: [Google]
something stupid.jpg
43KB, 336x213px
>not playing Randy Rough+
>TYOOL 2017
>>
File: 1391664538984.gif (2MB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
1391664538984.gif
2MB, 400x259px
What are THE essential mods /rwg/?

Things that add to the vanilla game without getting too crazy?

And also, what is your favorite mod?
>>
>>164455792
If they stay in bed as much as physically possible and get given proper medicine by a competent doctor, most of them should survive. I only had bandages so 3/4 with the plague died, but one of the others was pretty close to surviving so proper medicine should have done it. Also if they're missing a kidney I'm pretty sure they're fucked unless you've got some advanced medical facilities.
>>
>>164455994

cmon bruh, improve your taggtiggs if you're losing on Cassandra mid-low. Unless you're settling in areas that are completely open then you should be fine. I always select hilly or mountainous areas and I usually get along just fine with the raiders. This coupled with the fact that the AI will always send rainstorms to ensure that fire doesn't poop on your base makes the weekly raids usually pretty easy.
>>
Is there an easier difficulty besides "not so rough"?

>the fact that the AI will always send rainstorms to ensure that fire doesn't poop on your base

and here I thought I was getting lucky
>>
>>164456195
My mod list:
-HugsLib
-Better Pathfinding
-Leave No One Behind
-Sun Lamp Power
-Efficient Light
-RT Fuse
-Feed the Colonists
-Refugee Stats
-EPOE
-Enhanced Crafting
-Colony Manager
-Work Tab
-Medical Tab
-Hospitality
-Psychology
>>
File: 1477030970392.jpg (27KB, 305x525px) Image search: [Google]
1477030970392.jpg
27KB, 305x525px
>>164456140
I've honestly found that randy is the easiest of all the storytellers.
>>
>>164456195
Prepare Carefully
>>
So what can stop an unending wall of fire? Will a 3 thick wall of marble stop it from reaching my base?
>>
>>164456332
he has the least artificial difficulty
>>
>tfw combating raids with Cthulhu's insanity sacrifice
>free gear and prisoners for the next wave with no risk of losing my own colonists

Cult mod is best mod.
>>
File: circuit breakers.jpg (19KB, 280x819px) Image search: [Google]
circuit breakers.jpg
19KB, 280x819px
>>164451491
>>164452759

Well I went to the mod page and looked at their example image and remade my batteries. Despite that, the shit still Zzzt... just now.
>>
>>164456382
I mean I would agree, but rough+ with Cass or the other bitch are more difficult overall because they'll skull fuck you.
>>
>>164456371
One line of stone floor or wall
>>
>>164456420
Reload the save. if you notice, after you build the first circuit breaker you need to exit and restart.
>>
>>164456440
Randy will definitely still skull fuck you
>>
File: 20170103033327_1.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103033327_1.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
>>164456229
>always select hilly or mountainous areas and I usually get along just fine with the raiders.
Flat shore. Wanted to build a fortress on the beach. Ended up stuck in the buildings I built at the start because the raids, god damned non stop man hunter elephants. 43 major raids (2 mechanoid) in under 2 years.

It was near continual raids, heatwaves, flares, plague and manhunter elephant attacks (3 separate elephant manhunter attacks in a row once) before the final 5 punch of malaria, heatwave, flare and 2 raids + all my animals going mad that wiped me out.
>>
File: 1477708222738.jpg (323KB, 551x654px) Image search: [Google]
1477708222738.jpg
323KB, 551x654px
>>164456507
Well yes, of course he will. But he is more mild I find overall. Some seasons I get completely left alone with bad things, other seasons I get 40+ raider groups. I'm not saying Randy is easy. He's just the easier of the three.
>>
WHICH STORYTELLER WOULD U FUG
AND HOW HARD WUD U FUG
>>
File: 8542656242.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8542656242.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
well this is a WILD inconvenience

I think I should probably just toss some molotovs in there, steel can't burn right
>>
File: b67.jpg (49KB, 456x645px) Image search: [Google]
b67.jpg
49KB, 456x645px
>tfw forget which grave your colonist is buried in and have to dig up 48 graves to find them
>>
>>164456784
Doesn't it show on the grave when you highlight it?
>>
File: 8452556342.png (5KB, 212x101px) Image search: [Google]
8452556342.png
5KB, 212x101px
>>164456784
>>
>>164456715
>steel can't burn right
nope
>>
>>164456523
>little to no strategic planning for base layout
>only three batteries on the entire site
>poor defense engineering

Your single bunker hardpoint was the reason your defenses failed. Remember anon, funnels not hardpoints. Personally I'm shocked you even had enough resources to build a huge two layer wall around the entire compound.
>>
>>164456891
>>164456896
None of the names look like my colonist's

Maybe I actually only lost two people because I haven't found them yet
>>
File: rimworld.png (175KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld.png
175KB, 900x900px
>>164456583
I would honestly like Randy more if he was a bit less random. Sometimes you can go on for seasons without a proper raid.

He has the potential to be the hardest, but I find that he leaves you with plenty of time to build before any threat shows its head.
>>
>>164456682
phoebe ofc

never played with that AI
>>
File: greatwallofgranite.png (542KB, 978x371px) Image search: [Google]
greatwallofgranite.png
542KB, 978x371px
>>164456963
This. Funnels are god-tier.
>>
>>164456219
>If they stay in bed as much as physically possible and get given proper medicine by a competent doctor, most of them should survive
>should survive
Well mine didn't. They were mostly healthy teens + 20-30 somethings. They all died within a few days of me getting notified they had plague. All I had left was one shitty wanderer who, of course, didn't contract the plague. This happened to me three times in a row. By the third time I had explicitly made all my in game choices AROUND surviving the fucking plague. The last one was close, most of the colonists were within a few percentages of shaking off the plague but nope.
>>
>>164456963
The bunker was supposed to be temporary. I was going to build a couple defence bunkers protecting a main entrance but the plague and THREE swarms of elephants meant I had to build the wall now. Maybe you missed the whole "continual bad events which prevented any work from being done" thing.

FOURTY THREE raids in 2 years. Check your stats. How many major raids did you get in your current game? Now divide it by the number of years.
>>
>>164457165
Oh and the batteries? Never ran out. 9 Solar flares in the 2nd year meant they never even drained to half power.
>>
>>164457165
I would like to point out that with the time and resources you used to build that bunker you could have simply built a funnel and a hardpoint.
>>
>>164457307
And I'll point out that I did build a funnel which didn't work since the raiders came from different directions every time. They'd instead grenade through the walls instead of going towards the funnel. Hence the bunker and why I tried double thicknessing the wall.

Then tried 3 funnels, one for each direction. Still didn't work.

Funnel meme doesn't work if the raiders are "they seem to be trying something different this time" in the attack description and blast a hole in the wall 10 squares from the funnel.

I tried a trap tunnel with doors and Cassandra just had the raiders grenade the traps and doors before entering.
>>
File: clevergirls.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
clevergirls.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>"watch out, they're being unusually clever with their tactics"
>they just walk around a wall into five turrets, two rifles, a sniper and a rail pistol and get shot to hell
neat vibrosword and personal shield desu

what does it mean by them being clever with their tactics, does it just mean they try to get into better positions and don't just walk into killboxes as much or something
>>
>>164457150
Why the space in between the walls?
>>
File: 20170103010650_1.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103010650_1.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>SK Hardcore
>hit shiny new quickstart button to see what happens
>see this

I'm not sure if ocean embarks are intended but it's pretty cool that the game actually generated something. Tempted to see what I can do out here but this is way too much new stuff at once to deal with in a bad biome.
>>
>>164457070
I feel the same, and its why I feel like he's the easiest one to play on.
>>
>>164457872
Yo what's your modlists
>>
File: 1264922811675.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1264922811675.png
53KB, 300x300px
>>164457872
>those craters
>>
File: 250px-Phoebe.png (76KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Phoebe.png
76KB, 250x269px
>>164456682
Would hate fug Cassandra after she fugs me over with bad events

Would hug Phoebe and tell her everything is going to be alright after a warg manhunter event destroys half the base.
>>
File: why.jpg (40KB, 354x688px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
40KB, 354x688px
>tfw
>>
>>164457872
>island actually does something
Is this vanilla? I sure hope so.

>>164457819
I can only assume that they flank more or that they try to avoid killboxes, similar to sappers but more so for bases that are not walled in.
>>
File: DADSGONNAFREAK (2).png (75KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
DADSGONNAFREAK (2).png
75KB, 250x269px
>>164458425
JUST
>>
File: 20170103122517_1.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170103122517_1.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
Why can't i replace her arm with prosthetic?
>>
>>164458584
do you have medicine and a prosthetic arm in storage
>>
So do infestations spawn outdoors?
>>
File: man-who-sold-the-world.jpg (7KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
man-who-sold-the-world.jpg
7KB, 285x200px
>>164446753
>>
>>164457872
How good is SK Hardcore these days? I'm thinking of switching to it and starting a new colony. I remember using it a couple of years ago and it was pretty good, so I suppose I'll give it a shot, not like I can't just create a backup of my other modlist and go back to that if it turns out to be not what I'm after.
>>
>>164458691
i have a claw i bought from rare trader. Does it not count?
>>
>>164458907
The problem is that the claw replaces the hand and not the whole arm/shoulder. It might be an oversight, but power claws can only be installed on natural arms.
>>
>tfw boreal forest
>tfw wehrmacht mod
>tfw defending my mountain base in the comfy cold from the lesser tribals
God I love this game for its base building. Its the comfiest thing ever.
>>
>>164458907
She's missing one arm completely, and another arm from the shoulder. Unless you attach the claw to her shoulder and get her to just shouldercharge everything, swinging her entire torso at them, it doesn't work like that. It's a hand, basically.
>>
File: gunslinger.png (383KB, 912x706px) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger.png
383KB, 912x706px
>>164459007
>>164458907
Think the gunslinger from TF2

>>164459015
>winter
How can something so uncomfy be so comfy? Also, what's the wehrmacht mod, is it any good?
>>
File: fug.png (980KB, 966x990px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
980KB, 966x990px
>first arctic start with explorer
>didn't take someone good at researching
>took too long to research hydroponics
>by the time hydroponics was set up I had already run out of food
>had to resort to cannibalism
>have already gone through 4 other passer-bys that I just shot due to no food for them and that they are food for me
>lumi finally breaks

I tried.
>>
>Help! I'm being chased by raiders!
>67 years old
>A pod has landed, maybe someone was in it.
>69 years old

Is some cunt just shooting geriatrics at me with a space sized t shirt cannon or what
>>
File: 1476975176781.jpg (184KB, 1084x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1476975176781.jpg
184KB, 1084x1019px
>>164459075
It adds a bunch of WWII german guns and stuff. I enjoy it. They also have the Soviet flavor if you like Slavs.

And the cold is just comfy. I don't know why, but the past 5-6 games have all been boreal forests. I can't get over their comfy level.
>>
>>164459026
>>164459007
Fug, that shit was expensive
>>
>>164459197
just take the arms off a captured prisoner, attach them to your colonist, then remove one of the hands and attach the claw

preferably do this straight after a party if your guys are a bit low in the morale department
>>
>>164459167
>disrespecting your elders

What the fuck, anon? It's your duty to build an inter-planetary home for the elderly. Honestly disgusting, kids these days.
>>
>>164459272
Listen kid, if you can't haul blocks of marble all day to build the god emperors palace then I got no use for you. Maybe I'll rescue a few later for surgical experiments.
>>
File: 4threichpls.jpg (10KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
4threichpls.jpg
10KB, 231x218px
>>164459175
I should check it out.

Haven't touched a place that didn't get good winters since the update myself. It provides a nice sense of difficulty and it feels nice to have your colonists nice and warm inside your base.
>>
>>164459364
>no grandma that cooks nice, warm meals for your settlers and makes cookies whenever you have a good harvest and can spare soil for cocoa
I think the other anon is on to something...
>>
>>164459153
She got eaten by a polar bear.

Actually one of the funnest playthroughs so far.
>>
File: smug jones2.jpg (97KB, 470x464px) Image search: [Google]
smug jones2.jpg
97KB, 470x464px
>deconstruct some wall i don't own
>unleash a centipede
>get the fuck out of there
>raiders spawn right near it

just beautiful
>>
>>164459257
You can do that? I was under the impression that you could only transplant internal organs. I'm pretty sure lopping off arms and legs won't give you any limbs to sew back onto your amputee colonist.
>>
>>164459647
>I'm pretty sure lopping off arms and legs won't give you any limbs to sew back onto your amputee colonist.
thatswhereyourewrongkiddo.png
>>
File: feelsgoodmcdonaldsemployee.png (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodmcdonaldsemployee.png
8KB, 236x236px
>>164459608
>>
>>164459536
Alright alright I'll keep a cosy grandma to cook us meals when one shows up. The grandpas are becoming human guinea pigs tho
>>
File: ea1.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ea1.png
31KB, 300x300px
>>164459647
>>164459671
It's not in vanilla, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1338222317759.gif (3MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1338222317759.gif
3MB, 352x288px
>everyone gets plague
>panic
>put all in rest mode so immunity goes up faster
>hospital beds
>good medicine

>oh shit my best doc is also sick
>better enable some of the shittier doctors
>ok we're good
>fast forward
>2 guys die because of poor treatments and not building up immunity fast enough
>fuck it, lets reload and not force best doc to be bed ridden

>new attempt
>everything looks good so fa- RAID
>4273 TRIBE NIGGERS RUSHING IN
>ALL ANIMALS OUTSIDE GATES SLEEPING
>SLAUGHTERED BY WILD NIGGER TRIBES

>DOC RUNS OUT
>FIRES EVERYWHERE
>MY FAGGOT DOCTOR WHO IS NOW NOT BED RIDDEN GOES OUTSIDE TO BEAT OUT FIRE
>EVERYONE NOW FULL OF ARROWS AND WOUNDS
>PEOPLE BLEEDING AND THEIR PLAGUES UNTREATED
>>
>raiders blinded my dog

never so satisfying to kill every last one of them
>>
>>164459773
>>164459647
>>164459671
Extended Surgery mod.
>>
File: 1478909406593.png (29KB, 124x222px) Image search: [Google]
1478909406593.png
29KB, 124x222px
>>164459816
>some raiders killed the cat I started off with early on in the game
>before I took off into space with that colony I made sure to burn down every faction base belonging to those fucks.
Its a best feel
>>
>>164457872
What's the crater mod?
>>
>>164459784
Butterfly effect at it's finest
>>
is there eye surgery in the vanilla game?
>>
>50 watts per door

make it stop
>>
File: 1482854866083.png (43KB, 426x269px) Image search: [Google]
1482854866083.png
43KB, 426x269px
>>164459784
>WE SUFFER SO WE MAY PAY FOR OUR SINS
>>
File: 1465421940185.png (726KB, 791x644px) Image search: [Google]
1465421940185.png
726KB, 791x644px
>bear self-tames
>have no tamers with high enough skill to train it
>he just eats my food and mauls random animals

what a guy
>>
File: straightforthatkindofdick.jpg (10KB, 292x263px) Image search: [Google]
straightforthatkindofdick.jpg
10KB, 292x263px
>>164460625
I can think of a few things that bear can do with tracer at least...
>>
>>164460896
maybe she's bi
>>
File: Cs2GOJJUIAAIOGi.jpg (95KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cs2GOJJUIAAIOGi.jpg
95KB, 1200x1200px
>try to install a peg leg on someone who lost their leg
>they get crushed to death?
>>
>>164461097
No reason to assume that she can't be.
>>
>>164461229
Maybe your doctor is a big guy?
>>
making a new thread, this one sure moved quickly. Hold your horses.
>>
>friendlies moving when nothing is happening
>eat like 12 simple meals and leave

t-thanks
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1394x857px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1394x857px
Of course
>>
File: 1482571856262.jpg (276KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482571856262.jpg
276KB, 1000x750px
A pack of manhunting new threads have arrived on the map!

>>164461607
>>164461607
>>164461607
>>
>>164461641
>no immediate danger
>>
>>164445691
I really want to get this mod. How exactly does it work?
>>
>>164449986
>Fucking Glitter Tech making me go and edit retarded fucking variables
Why do you even bother? The mod is shite.
Thread posts: 783
Thread images: 224

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.