[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 159

File: 1448528173891.png (25KB, 810x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448528173891.png
25KB, 810x600px
>Skeletons Edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
File: eva17.png (115KB, 275x416px)
eva17.png
115KB, 275x416px
For any Steel Zero fans:
>>>/aco/1077854
>>
did anyone play the void? would you recommend it?

i didn't play pathologic, but watched a playthrough (only game where i've ever done that) and it was great. waiting for the remake to play it myself.
>>
File: siralim 2.png (236KB, 1328x778px) Image search: [Google]
siralim 2.png
236KB, 1328x778px
Has anyone played Siralim 2? Its $7 on Steam right now, great monster-catching RPG
>>
>>163572938
Looks a little mobage-cheap from just the screenshot imo
>>
File: siralim.png (218KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
siralim.png
218KB, 1280x720px
>>163573605
thats the mobile version, cant find any decent screenshots of the pc version, game is too obscure and i cant take one myself right now
>>
>>163572335
Man they sure sure don't like you huh? ALso marge simpson ripoff? I don't see it at all.
>>
>>163573985
/aco/ is a shit board that shouldn't exist anyway so who cares what they think
>>
Slug guy here, I'm sorry if this is rude to post or anything but I finally got around to making a tumblr. Is it ok if I post it here or would that be like me jsut spamming, it's only got like one post of something I did like a week ago.
>>
>>163574521
post it, not much different from people posting images directly here.
>>
>>163574562
Sorry if what's there's sorta crap.
http://monoko-arts.tumblr.com/
>>
>>163574856
neat. My only criticism is my concern for where that kind of art would, you know, show up in the game proper.
>>
>>163574989
It's more me messing with her design. I've been having trouble figuring out what I've wanted her to look like for a while now nd I think I've finally nailed her look in that pic.
>>
Is indie playing anything tonight?
>>
File: Shantae_Half-Genie_Hero.png (103KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
Shantae_Half-Genie_Hero.png
103KB, 250x273px
>>163575316
Been looking forward to this for awhile. Not a big fan of how the levels are organized in this one. It's like a step down from Pirate's Curse, but still better than Risky's Revenge. Glad they brought the transformations back, with even more variety besides movement (using Monkey to climb up walls and Mermaid to swim through water). While I did notice some funny-looking animations, the overall quality of the sprites and backgrounds is superb. Looking forward to more.
>>
>>163575316
Haven't been playing indie games lately, but the Dragon Fantasy games have been installed on my computer to get played eventually for a while now
>>
DashBored is confusing.
The car is a mess. Trying to get in through the door sends you into the area. To get in you have to activate the trunk
I dont know whats the difference between walking and driving yet
I forgot where I was supposed to go.
>>
File: ssss1.png (94KB, 397x493px) Image search: [Google]
ssss1.png
94KB, 397x493px
>>163572335
Heh nice!
I freakin' love any type of fanart, thanks a lot for the request, and congrats to you for actually getting a delivery!

Here is a colorless WIP for the big bad's portrait, will work more on it tomorrow.
>>
>>163572335
Man /aco/ is shit. We should've got /loli/
>>
>>163577915
Wouldnt' google not host 4chan on their search results then?
>>
File: guyXe9P.png (779KB, 1378x1494px) Image search: [Google]
guyXe9P.png
779KB, 1378x1494px
>>163577915
She's hardly a loli though.
>>
>>163578473
I think he means the people on aco are jerks and that the board shouldn't have ever been made.
>>
I'm one, maybe two hours in underrail and I'm already more insterested than when I was ten hours in wasteland 2.
Considering buying it. They should have just quit it with the portraits though, they're way too small and most NPCs really don't need one.

Archive is being a bitch at the moment, can I get away with nothing but guns? How important is will for non-psi? Are dodge/evasion mandatory?
Should a pack of rathounds be able to bite me to death if I somehow keep fumbling 90+% rolls?
>>
>>163574856
What if Subnautica was moe
>>
>>163580058
Ironically I haven't actually played that game. Seems like something I'd become obsessed over though, I relaly like weird, alien creatures in like an unknown world. Especially alien sea life. There's just something so fascinating about stuff like that, not sure why though.
>>
>>163579578
>I'm one, maybe two hours in underrail and I'm already more insterested than when I was ten hours in wasteland 2.

Redpill me on Wasteland 2. I was thinking of pirating it. When you say "more interested" do you mean more interested in the plotline or interested in combat?

>They should have just quit it with the portraits though, they're way too small and most NPCs really don't need one.

Yeah, a lot of NPCs have the same portrait, which is why I guess there isn't really any Underrail fanart. Kind of hard to get attached to a character if they're a bunch of clones in terms of appearance. They should have just saved the portraits for special NPCs.

>can I get away with nothing but guns?
Yes. If you have a char with high stealth, traps can be useful too. Even with zero trap skill, you can still use bear traps to create or block off choke points before a battle starts and slow down enemies from reaching you.

>How important is will for non-psi?

As far as I know, non-psi people can do just fine using will as a dump stat.

>Are dodge/evasion mandatory?

No, you can get/craft yourself good armor as well as get/craft special electro-shields.

Once you get better armor, those rathounds will just feel like bugbites. Also, as you level up and put more skill points into guns, you'll hit them more easily. Missing a bunch of 90% rolls just seems like bad luck.
>>
>>163580791
I haven't done much combat in UR yet. But W2 was just so eeeeeeh. Nothing in the game grabbed me. I just sort of went through the motions, and never really got drawn into it.

Any way to sprint out of combat? That walk's slow.
>>
>>163581224

No, but you can craft/buy shoes that make you walk fast. They're called "tabi boots."
>>
>>163581258

*walk faster
>>
>>163580791
>Yeah, a lot of NPCs have the same portrait, which is why I guess there isn't really any Underrail fanart. Kind of hard to get attached to a character if they're a bunch of clones in terms of appearance. They should have just saved the portraits for special NPCs.
I personally hate it when a game does this, when they have a gigantic portrait for the MC's dialogue but nothing for regular NPCs, so you have the dialogue portraits flicking on and off.

I haven't played Underrail, but what I prefer is the stuff that Zun does with some of the newer touhou games, where characters that speak mid-battle will have a dialogue bubble instead of the full portrait/box setup. If they're just going to reserve portraits for NPCs, do it like that.
>>
>>163578470
That would be a positive. More traffic for Sheeky forums
>>
>>163580791
How many NPCs with dialogue actually share portraits. Im sure I havent seen anyone else with Ezra or Jon's portraits
>>
>>163585574

Ezra's is unique, but Jon shares his portrait with the boss of the Scrappers and Colton (the guy you can give Southgate Buxs in exchange for charons to) and a few other guys.

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Rg1_l.png
>>
>>163579578
Rathounds run away if you drop flares. Ive found no other purpose for flares so far.
>>
>>163585781

Apparently they can help reveal crawlers, but it never worked for me. I think it's implied they help with trap detection (sometimes when there are a shitload of traps all over the place, you'll see a flare lying around.) And there is also a crossbow ability that lets you do bonus damage to someone when you're in the dark and they're illuminated, but it seems really situational so I never took the feat.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161224-030703.jpg (446KB, 1372x891px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161224-030703.jpg
446KB, 1372x891px
>>163585687
Looking at the portraits it's clear a template is used but only 3/9 combinations are ever used
Could have been even larger with sensible color variations
>>
>>163578473
Fuckin mmf
>>
File: wapol.jpg (85KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
wapol.jpg
85KB, 600x421px
>Trying out a sniper build in Underrail, seeing how far i can get without dying
>About a shoot a lone mutant at the old junkyard
>Snipe, 95% chance to hit
>Miss
>Aimed shot, 95% chance to hit
>Miss
>Die
>>
File: Harvey_HD.png (114KB, 440x277px) Image search: [Google]
Harvey_HD.png
114KB, 440x277px
All hail the troupple fish
>>
File: 1460847917583.jpg (103KB, 338x555px) Image search: [Google]
1460847917583.jpg
103KB, 338x555px
>>
>>163594472
don't believe his lies

>>163589571
Heh my no death run ended pretty quick and I gave up on that. Died to some doggos after getting corned. Pacing of the game made me say fuck it to start again...
>>
>>163589571
Yeah, it really feels like there's a built-in streak breaker.
>>
I played some Neftelia 2 this morning. It was a trip. Video probably up on Christmas Day. Here's a link to the game if you're interested - http://www.geocities.jp/tutiurarara/nef2ss.html

Could provide a mirror that has the things you need, but the gist is you'll need Japanese RPG Maker 2000 RTP plus this - http://www.geocities.jp/tutiurarara/file/rpg_rt.zip.

Set the EXE to Windows XP SP 2, install the RTP with Japanese Unicode settings, and enjoy a neat little Yume Nikki-like.

>>163572938
I played Siralim on my channel several months ago. Ended up having some emotional problems and gave up on the series. I might cover it again sometime.

>>163572335
I want to cum inside her cunt.

>>163578473
Shortstack is probably the term, right? I love me some midget pussy.

>>163592421
HEIL HARVEY
>>
>>163579578
>They should have just quit it with the portraits though, they're way too small and most NPCs really don't need one.

Portraits serve some secondary purpose though. They act as light gems, and they can be targeted instead of the model. It works with your portrait too. For example if you want to use the bandage you don't have to click on your model, you can just drop it on the portrait. In some cases that helps a lot with targeting, especially when you have several enemies standing very close to each other.
>>
>>163600183
More you know
Bandages are more less annoying with no dealing with inventory blocking my character
>>
>>163580791
>Kind of hard to get attached to a character if they're a bunch of clones in terms of appearance.

Eh. I usually just associate a portrait with the first NPC I meet that uses it. So black haired armored dude is Gorsky, redhead guy is Jack, bald guy is Abram, etc. In some cases if a more important NPC shows up later they will become the "canon" portrait holders for me, so skinny black guy is Jon, guy with the prosthetic arm is Buzzer, fully armored guy is Dan, slanted eye short brown hair grill is Vivian.

For everyone else my mind just goes "they kinda look something like this, whatever."
>>
Trying out Hyper Light Drifter. Game itself runs smooth, but I'm hitting some pretty big input limitations on keyboards. Things like not being able to dash upper left, or chaindash while changing direction on move-based orientation.

Is it really THAT specialized for controllers?
>>
>>163572024
Anybody here playerd Satellite reign?
>>
File: reyes.png (116KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
reyes.png
116KB, 1366x768px
r8 my setup
>>
I have beaten Starseed Pilgrim
>>
>>163598271
They made a game based on Nutella?
>>
File: 1345677144568.jpg (386KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1345677144568.jpg
386KB, 1280x720px
>>163580791
>Yeah, a lot of NPCs have the same portrait, which is why I guess there isn't really any Underrail fanart.

I really doubt that is the case. Underrail has about 45k players. Out of those, a fanartist would have to be

1, interested enough in the game to want to draw fanart
2, skilled enough to be able to draw fanart
3, familiar enough with the game to be able to draw something that is recognizable as fanart
4, patient enough to stare at small ass sprites to figure out the design direction
5, skilled enough to be able to reconstruct those designs despite missing a lot of detail and being just an abstract representation of the original concept

So, you know, out of a pool of 45k, what are the chances? A good fanartist who knows his shit can make art that you can instantly recognize for what it is, and add in detail that you don't even instantly notice it wasn't always there. But artist like these are rare.

Another thing is, some games are just simply more likely to attract artists than others. For example before Human Revolution came out, close to no Deus Ex fanart existed, because it just wasn't the kind of audience that attracted and sustained an artist community. Hell, the original game still has very little, and even less that can be considered good. So there.
>>
>>163615203
>come to /indie/ for the first time in my life
>shortly after random anon posts my wallpaper
talk about a christmas miracle
>>
>>163615203
There were animated fan films before Human Revolution. How many people played Lisa? That has more fanart then a number of big sellers
>>
>>163618131
>How many people played Lisa?
According to SteamSpy about 160k out of 210k owners. Game has a simple, cartoony artstyle that is easy to imitate though, which helps a lot.
>>
>>163612264
It's a Yume NIkki-like by the same guy who made 14/? and 14/??, Tutiurarara. Technically Neftelia 2 is the sequel to Neftelia, but I can't get it on Tutiurarara's site because of some error. So I recorded a video of me playing the sequel instead that will be uploaded Christmas Day.

It's a game where you basically go around what looks like a multidimensional spaceship dreamland collecting rocks and rods and turning on streetlights.

Some parts of the game remind me a bit of 14/? and Ulayrys, which are by Tutiurarara, and also of &&, which was by Olvin Weplanis and is a game I mentioned in the previous thread. I played maybe 20 minutes but I will probably revisit it again at some point.
>>
File: logo.png (186KB, 401x358px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
186KB, 401x358px
>friend recommends me this game
>pirate it
>end up playing all day
I'm going to buy it as soon as my current run ends. The over world plays very similar to mount and blade while the battles are similar to xcom in that you miss a lot and sometimes an orc cleaves your favorite guy in half
I recommend checking it out. Might be posting a bit of my play through here and there for bumps. Hope you guys don't mind the shilling.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365360/
>>
>>163619205
Nah, go ahead and shill it. I've been somewhat following news about it and tried to pay attention to codexian shilling, but so far it hasn't really managed to grab my interest. So, I dunno, hype it if you feel hyped.
>>
File: Orkz.jpg (312KB, 1278x779px) Image search: [Google]
Orkz.jpg
312KB, 1278x779px
Orc warriors in this game are way too tough, especially the adults. One of them shoved my front line aside and charged at my archer. Even with axes and dogs surrounding him I couldn't chew through his shield before my archer bled out.
>>
File: Asbjorn.jpg (290KB, 1274x777px) Image search: [Google]
Asbjorn.jpg
290KB, 1274x777px
Good thing I let him bleed out so the orc didn't get a chance to execute. Barely managed to survive with a permanent wound.
>>
File: Hjalmar.jpg (312KB, 1276x778px) Image search: [Google]
Hjalmar.jpg
312KB, 1276x778px
Hjalmar ended up getting a nasty leg wound that got infected. Luckily the town we stopped by had a temple to treat him. Think I'm going to start heading east into the unexplored lands after stocking up on foodstuffs and getting everyone fully recovered.
>>
>page 10
I let the bugs kill newton.
>>
>>163621225
These half-dude icons are really bugging me. They remind me of the corpses from Darkest Dungeon...

>>163632691
lol
>>
>>163632819
I thought they were pretty ugly at first too but their bottoms halves are like board pieces. They don't bother me anymore
>>
Any infographics or tips for underrail? Is dissassemble useful?
>>
>>163634513
>Is dissassemble useful?
it's required
there's some basic character building guides floating around though I don't have them saved
>>
>>163634636
How does Gun Nut work : Is it a flat 15% max damage bonus, or does it just increase how wide the gap is by 15%?
How long to find a sniper? I'm using pistols in the meantime but several enemies (like the beatles) tank the hits without any problem, and they hit pretty hard. Maybe I should buy a better one.
>>
>>163636509
>How long to find a sniper?
they're going to be expensive to find in stores, you should be keeping a look out to craft your own
Get in melee range of psi beetles so they're forced to run away thus only able to hit once
>>
>>163636805
Still takes me 4 turns of 3 pistol hits to kill one, and that's only because aimed shots sorta reliably deal damage. Sometimes I just roll three 2-4 damage hits in the same turn and the thing crits me for 30. Though to be fair, I have nothing that reduces psi damage beside low will.

I've only seen assault rifles frames in store so far. Haven't found much parts either.

One more question on feats: does expertise scale with crit multipliers? What the fuck does "retain up to 15 movement points in combat while stealth mean" for interloper when it's 10mp to move one case and I have 50 right now?
>>
>>163637310
you have no MP in stealth normally, just your 50 AP
it just gives you 15 MP while stealthed
it's a pretty important feat for stealth characters
>>
What are some indie games like Yume Nikki or OFF? I really love those games and would like more
>>
>>163637431
Oh, okay. I'm probably going to pick it up then. I'm still on the fence about dissassemble though. 10% quality seems pretty big, and so far assembled items all cost a lot more than the sum of their parts.
>>
>>163639743
anon if you disassemble something it doesn't give you the parts
it gives you scraps
You'll come to a point in the game where you have so much sellable loot that the vendors wont be able to buy them all. So you'll disassemble the shittier low cost items and craft repair kits(get that blueprint too) thus saving you money on repair kits and making them easier to sell.
>>
>>163639979
Forgot to mention you'll use the repair kits to repair the higher quality items and selling them for more than the repair kit is worth
>>
is the forest any good ? i want some fun survival basebuilding games to play
>>
>>163640253
for 10 bucks it's pretty good
have you looked into subnautica?
>>
>>163639979
That's recycling, isn't it?
>>
>>163640560
yup already put plenty of hours into it
>>
Fun fact, temmie worked on one of the slime girl's animations in the new shantae game
>>
Does /indie/ consider PS+ a good thing for indie games that have already make the bulk of their sales, or one last kick to the teeth for a game that didn't perform as well as hoped?
>>
>>163645358
I've heard that Sony gives the indie devs money to get their game on PS+ for free, and it's kind of a weighing of determining if that amount would be more or less than keeping the game non-free, but I don't really see it as a problem if the devs are getting money out of it still
>>
How much of the loot is random in underrail? Are all containers static?
>>
>>163646357
You cant scum them. A lot of empty locked containers
>>
>>163639121
>like Yume Nikki
LISA: THE FIRST
Neftelia 2

>like OFF
SUITS: A Business RPG
>>
>>163650845
Suits is like OFF but very very bad
>>
>>163639121
DashBored
End Roll the Regretful RPG
>>
>>163650845
I've actually played LISA: THE FIRST, thanks for the second suggestion though, saw it in the thread and was on my way to downloading it.
>>163651292
I'll try these.
>>
>>163634636

Isn't disassemble kind of lame because the components you get back are always degraded? I skipped it on my crossbow build.
>>
>buy battlebrothers
>delete the pirated version
>delete the folder from documents
>delete the steam cloud portion
>install it multiple times and verify game cache
>still gives me the old pirated version
What the fuck you nazi devs let me play the game
>>
File: Untitled.png (807KB, 1485x874px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
807KB, 1485x874px
Antibirth mod.
I have both Polaroid and Negative.
I have none of the Unlocks and can't decide.
Chest or Dark Room?
>>
>>163608847
MeleeTheShitOutOfTheThrone/10
If only you had Trigger Fingers and Bolt Marrow. Maybe Scary Face.
>>
>>163653432
This is why you don't pirate video games which are currently being sold in your region.
>>
>>163646357
Most of it is semi-random, they randomly select from predetermined loot tables. There is also some hand-placed loot like unique items or oddities, and sometimes a mix of both.

And then there's shit like blueprints and mentors, that can be either static loot, or random in the sense that you will be guaranteed to get one in that specific container, but it's random which one it'll be.
>>
File: 1449496101860.png (481KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449496101860.png
481KB, 600x720px
Merry Christmas /indie/.
>>
>>163661418
The hat on OP fits perfectly too.
>>
File: tumblr_oifvizE4x11vvmp8ro5_1280.png (53KB, 695x626px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oifvizE4x11vvmp8ro5_1280.png
53KB, 695x626px
>>163661418

Who is Cho?
>>
>>163637310
A working strategy for me was when I aimed to craft a .44 Hammere as early as I could and I acquired armor piercing bullets. Cost me a bunch of dough but that shit mowes sown psi beetles, even sentry bots.
>>
>>163663347
mowes down*

Good morning
>>
>>163634513
>Is dissassemble useful?
It's convenient for getting back components that don't have quality (scopes, rapid reloaders, muzzle brakes etc.) without having to buy/find them again.

It's also useful since you can dissasemble weapons/armors and sell their components when the trader doesn't want weapons anymore.

But other than that it sucks. The 10% quality drop makes it pretty useless. You don't realy need to get back the scopes/rapid reloaders/brakes etc. because they are pretty common and easy to find and money from selling components is not worth a feat.

It would be great without the quality drop.

>>163634636
>it's required
>implying
It offers literally nothing beyond beong able to make a little more money and save some components that are abundant anyways.

>>>163636509
>How does Gun Nut work : Is it a flat 15% max damage bonus, or does it just increase how wide the gap is by 15%?
What's the difference?

>How long to find a sniper?
Depends on your luck. The earliest you can get is to craft it.

>I'm using pistols in the meantime but several enemies (like the beatles) tank the hits without any problem, and they hit pretty hard. Maybe I should buy a better one.
You can buy AP ammo for beetles. Grenades and mines work well too.
>>
File: ss (2016-12-25 at 05.22.10).png (68KB, 457x414px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-12-25 at 05.22.10).png
68KB, 457x414px
Merry Christmas, /indie/
>>
here is that video i mentioned i would upload today regarding neftelia 2. i found 40 rocks and one rod.

https://youtu.be/7pgSTOSeYTE

yay, merry christmas charlie brown. i'm on a spirit journey right now. enjoy a yume nikki-like today to praise madotsuki. savior of the rpg maker walking simulator.
>>
>>163668930
mmh
>>
>>163671740
Is it not okay for me to share a video every now and then? I figure as long as I don't spam them and keep it to maybe 1-2 a thread it's alright. Sorry if it's a bother.
>>
god bless all of you.
>>
File: 1479781093703.jpg (107KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1479781093703.jpg
107KB, 604x603px
>>163672009
Sorry it was primarily a page 10 bump post. It actually seemed fine (despite me shitposting at you previously...)

I was planning to watch the video but 3rd world internet + shitty proxy ain't cutting it at the moment.

mfw took more than an hour to get this reply out
>>
>>163678614
That's okay. I hope things get better for you. And thank you.
>>
File: 1475258981668.gif (482KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475258981668.gif
482KB, 1000x1200px
Merry Chrismas, /indie/
>>
I have an erection when playing underrail.
>>
>>163657835
But EA has burned me too many times. I solved the problem at least. Going to post some more after dins dins.
>>
File: tumblr_ns5qv6eJ841sha52uo1_1280.jpg (927KB, 722x968px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns5qv6eJ841sha52uo1_1280.jpg
927KB, 722x968px
manny christmas
>>
File: wew.jpg (275KB, 1274x775px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
275KB, 1274x775px
>unarmored peasants trying to rob my orc killing machine squad
>>
Merry Christmas, /indie/!
>>
>>163691484
What game is this?
>>
Is Oneshot any good? I've seen a good bit of buzz around it ever since the steam release
>>
Happy thanksgiving indie
>>
>>163693971
I really enjoyed the original free version and I hear the new one really adds to the original.
>>
File: queenzenya.png (157KB, 706x488px) Image search: [Google]
queenzenya.png
157KB, 706x488px
A portrait WIP for the main villain!
She's a bit of a smug cunt.
>>
>>163695421
The coloring of her face is weird.
Why the transition from medium purple to light purple down the face?
>>
>>163693789
It's a teaser for the next DashBored update.
>>
>>163695421
Does she have a fever
>>
>>163695421
Looks bad.
>>
>>163695681
It's a shading thing.

>>163700216
No.

>>163700564
Why?
>>
>>163700760
Shade this dick
>>
>>163695421
I think the purple violet's a bit too over saturated and deep in comparison to the clothing.
>>
>>163701341
So it should have a lighter tone then?
>>
>>163702506
probably yeah, or at least one that's not so "bright" so to say.
>>
File: 12342314123412.png (178KB, 407x536px) Image search: [Google]
12342314123412.png
178KB, 407x536px
>tfw you get Birdie
Holy shit why is Birdie so fucking broken? Gasoline spit is pretty much easy mode.
>>
>>163703968

He was originally supposed to be a joy addict, but I think even if he went though withdrawals, the gasoline spit would be worth it.
>>
>>163704345
Withdrawal really doesn't make much sense with Birdie, I mean his only real attack is his slide that no one uses anyway.
>>
File: queenzenya.png (117KB, 374x448px) Image search: [Google]
queenzenya.png
117KB, 374x448px
>>163703468
Something like this?
>>
>>163705989
Looks way better already. Maybe the clothing could have some purple-ish accents to ease the transition?
>>
>>163705989
oh yeah, it fits a lot more now.
>>
Going to craft a new energy shield. Just to make sure, the "capacity" of the shield is basically it's HP, right? And when it hits zero the shield goes down and stops protecting me, right? This is in Underrail, btw.
>>
File: 20161225185343_1.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161225185343_1.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>have a largely successful looting spree through the uncharted territory
>heading back to civilization since my inventory is full and the men need some rest
>see this
Oh fug that's a first. Never seen a warlord either. I'll be back for you

>>163710374
Yup. So get a big fat battery and efficiency convertors. Also low frequency are overall better especially late game when you've got a lot of crafting skill.
>>
>>163711306
>Also low frequency are overall better especially late game when you've got a lot of crafting skill.

I'll keep that in mind. Most low impact attacks are melee skills, and I can usually use traps to get those guys off of me.

>Yup. So get a big fat battery and efficiency convertors.

That's what I went with. The last time around I used one of those mods that lower the conversion rate in exchange for raising the protective properties, and then took it to the Coretech warehouse attack. The poor thing didn't last too long against the onslaught, but I at least got to burn though a lot of the traps that were weighing me down.
>>
>>163704345
Wasnt there a mod to add this back in
>>
>>163711535
I haven't played in a while but I think some psi skills also count as low impact? Tele punch that stuns you from range might which is a huge pain. Psi users were my biggest problem on my fist only run until I got a good low freq shield complete
>>
>http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7355.0.html
>The Preacher – a man of God dedicated to saving sinners’ immortal souls but showing a callous disregard for their mortal bodies. He’ll join you if you join the Church of the Elect to make sure you deliver what you promised and keep you from having second thoughts. He won’t act against the Church’s interests and won’t tolerate your lack of faith, should you ever display it (he would find it very disturbing). Once he’s in your party, you either do what he says or you kill him, which will displease the Church greatly. You might think it’s a bit harsh but religious fanatics rarely make great traveling companions and joining the Church is more than a cosmetic choice.

FUCK. YES.
Finally a companion that acts like an inquisitor, and fucking demands you to act as he and your faction wants? This sounds too good to be true. I've been waiting for this since forever. Keldorn, you were such a damn letdown even though you started strong with drow witch burning. Mendoza, I had to betray you even though I couldn't give less of a fuck about sinking some shitty island. Durance, you weak willed faggot, I didn't sign up to be your goddamn therapist.

Don't you dare let me down too, VD. I need this.
>>
It's a cristmas miracle
https://youtu.be/CHAYtSUfW0c
>>
>>163719985
Mecha-Chaos looks pretty cool in the new sonic game desu. Glad Sega is doing something new
>>
>>163719985
Was actually in the mood to revisit classic Sonic games myself. How is the original Freedom Planet?
>>
>>163722491
It does a fair few things I liked. you don't get hurt by touching enemies so they're able to do more with the level design than sonic could with its enemies, with them attacking being how they even do damage. Along with this there's a neat dash feature with lyla that helps to get a lot of distance and speed. Along with this you have a health bar and combat moves so the game has a bit more of a focus on quick paced combat that works pretty nicely. It's not really "physics based" though like the original sonics, heck you can just walk up ramped wall. While that kinda changes the appeal a bit that also makes it free running speed focused than focused on gaining and keeping speed focuse I guess? Also the ost's pretty good and the boss battles are REALLY good. The final boss feels really good too, I like the detail where if he kills you without destroying you he'll actually go over to destroy your body before doing his victory laugh. It's a REALLY good touch. You should check some videos on it out though just to make sure it's something you'd like. I will say though that the writing's...not the besst. It feels like an earnest 90s cartoon in a weird way. Like it's hard to describe why but it really feels like something you'd see on a sorta dumb cheesy saturday morning block, with some liberties like characters actually dying. Also that sorta bait and switch with one of the characters near then end wasn't good. they did get the villain spot on though, even if his eyebrows look like eggman's moustache.

If you want a really good review though you should watch like Johnny's review of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6WAnIeBstY
>>
Merry Christmas you filthy animals

Deep Dungeons of Doom - AAA96-Z5FE9-NIMYP
>>
>>163724242
>AAA96-Z5FE9-NIMYP
Um, heads up, you might wanna noy put product keys in text. Put them in images or put them in the names of images so bots don't steal them. I wonder if that's what happened here or if someone actually got it?
>>
>>163724242
Got it, cheers.

>>163724656
Internet went to shit after I grabbed it, couldn't post.
>>
>>163724656
how to spot a redditor
>OMG BOTS WTF
Maybe someone else just got it before you ever consider that
>>
>>163724656
I didnt really care and wanted to test if bots actually grab keys for future gibs
Glad to see someone got it >>163724769
>>
>>163724770
> I wonder if that's what happened here or if someone actually got it?
>>
>>163725015
>>Put them in images or put them in the names of images so bots don't steal them.
>but it's okay that I'm retarded my last sentence protects me from criticism
>>
File: 1482205570201.jpg (42KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
1482205570201.jpg
42KB, 728x522px
>>163724770
>>
>>163725130
>asking if I'm wrong about something happening is me trying to protect myself from criticism.
>>
File: 265470_20161224010703_1.png (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
265470_20161224010703_1.png
100KB, 1920x1080px
This game is very different from the studio's previous effort Anodyne, but there are still hints of Anodyne in this game that I really like- surreal and desolate atmosphere, quirky characters mixed with a unsettling tone. The music is great too.
>>
Gonna go on a Metroidvania Binge.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>163726337
momodora 4
>>
>>163726337
Environmental Station Alpha
>>
>>163726443
Yep. That one's on the to-do.
>>163726701
Beat it. Fuck post-game with a knife.
>>
>projected indie GOTY of next year
>>
>>163728891
I hope it's good at the very least.
>>
>>163728891
This looks like it has the potential to be quite the ride.
>>
>>163731496
I hope the plot just goes balls to the wall crazy
>>
>>163703968
>Take on Satan for the very first time
>Think I'm gonna have to reload at least a few times
>He doesn't even get a hit in on my, Brad and Terry spam fire while Fly and Birdie spam spit
Birdie is without question the best character in the game, did dingaling just not give a single shit about balancing the characters?
>>
File: 1476676856212.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1476676856212.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>163728891
wanna fuck that cat
>>
>>163734865
here we go
>>
>>163733517
Passingly.
>>
>>163735847
catfugger reporting
i am not actually all that interested in fugging that cat in particular
>>
>>163733517
I think satan got a huge nerf a while back actually. Same for the whole of joyful.
>>
>>163736918
Why the fuck would you nerf a completely optional endgame boss whose entire purpose is to be really hard?
>>
>>163736918
>>163737675
I beat Satan with no deaths and barely getting hit at all right around when the game came out so unless that nerf came right after release Satan's not actually that hard if you have a good party
>>
File: keys for christmas.png (6KB, 148x134px) Image search: [Google]
keys for christmas.png
6KB, 148x134px
Hey guys!
I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to thank /indie/ a Merry Christmas!
Be sure to check the spoiler
>>
>>163598271
It looks like the geocities link for the rpg_rt is dead?
>>
>>163724010
I say your post and the cute furries in the game have sold me on getting it at some point. Thank you.

>>163724242
That is a good game. I did a video on it for my Youtube channel. Did you know that the same guys who made Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread made Deep Dungeons of Doom? Interesting.

>>163728891
Kind of hyped for it. Then again last time I was hyped for an indie game was Shadowrun: Hong Kong, and that ended up being a huge disappointment. Writing in that was atrocious, and a good story is essential to any RPG.

>>163739443
Click it and it should download automatically. Otherwise your browser is acting weird.
>>
>>163739153
Neat, thanks Karbonic, already handed out the dough a while ago though still haven't played, too many other things
>>
>buy Underrail for Xmas sale since I had so much fun with the pirated version
>check cheevos
>there is a cheevo for killing a doppleganger

I thought those things were immune to damage though?
>>
File: Riskofrekt.png (862B, 165x33px) Image search: [Google]
Riskofrekt.png
862B, 165x33px
Anyone interested? I wanted to git gud.
>>
>>163739756
Got it to work, with what very little I've played so far it's definitely interesting, reminds me of Yume Nikki of course, but somehow it's scary, terrifying even. Nice vibe the game gives.
>>
>>163739153
what? I don't see it on steam or anything.
>>
>>163741578
Tutiurarara's games are like that for sure. You should try 14/? when you're done with Neftelia 2. It's right here - http://www.geocities.jp/tutiurarara/ksg/14hatena.html.

14/?, aka 14hatena, is Tutiurarara's first game. It's kind of like going through a x-zone in the form of a spaceship developed by aliens obsessed with the number 14. There's also 14/?? and Tutiurarara is working on 14/??? as well. That should be out this year. Doesn't have an end I know of. It's more like a walking simulator. Here's a video I did on it several weeks ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Hz3rxTF98.

I like these obscure and weird games now thanks to Saint and SelfishDream, and to an extent Vinesauce Vinny. I want to play more of them and cover more of them too. Maybe even make my own weird games. I do have RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam...

>>163741148
Maybe some other time. My computer has trouble running Risk of Rain and I'm not very good at it.
>>
>>163739153
Got one. Thanks.
>>
stay alive.
>>
>>163739153
back of the twinsoft room
>A strage machine...
>>
>>163739153
a few "loose" when it's supposed to be "lose"

>Battle Routine S Execute
you cheeky motherfucker
>>
>>163741064
You can damage them with thought control psi like neural overload.
>>
File: shield.png (239KB, 310x789px) Image search: [Google]
shield.png
239KB, 310x789px
>>163710374
>Just to make sure, the "capacity" of the shield is basically it's HP, right? And when it hits zero the shield goes down and stops protecting me, right?
Yeah.

>>163711535
>I'll keep that in mind. Most low impact attacks are melee skills, and I can usually use traps to get those guys off of me.
Crafted low freq shields are overall best because they still have enough medium/high/very high DT to stop anything short of sniper Aimed Shot, but also provide a solid protection from crossbows, chemical pistols, burrower thorns and most of other critter ranged attacks, critter melee (like rathounds, crawler etc., they don't have the % bypass that fists/knives/sledges have) and NPC melee to a lesser degree.

Top tier crafted low freq shield with any armor can frequently reduce crossbow damage to 0.

>lower the conversion rate in exchange for raising the protective properties
Those are not worth it unless you want to make a high freq shield with a sole purpose of surviving a sniper Aimed Shot.

High quality amplifiers are ridiculous, they usually lower the capacity so much the shield high/very high treshold is higher than its HP.
>>
>>163726337
Theres that one Hentai game thats actually a Shantae tier metroidvania
>>
>>163758534
Kurovadis?
>>
So how's indie doing?
>>
File: 20161226120152_1.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161226120152_1.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>163763245
Most of this game is good, so I'm enjoying it, but
>Some of the optional segments for extra Alloy for 100% are total bullshit
>Pic absolutely related
>These Nebula Striders will randomly bounce around and shit out black holes that expand
>The room is really fucking small
>There's 2 of them
>Need to get FIVE keys, FOUR of which are very difficult to attain
>Where they shit a black hole is also random, the only thing fixed is the timing, which is very tight, about 1 second between one closing and a new one opening
>HOURS
>Every time I get close to success, one will stray a bit too close and poop a black hole in the middle, making any method of holding yourself down moot because it eats everything
>When the holes close, their internal counter for expansion continues for a stray moment, so I have seen portals close and then instantly re-open to suck me in because shit coding
Kill me, please.
>>
bout to start up that valhalla bartender game. any tips?
>>
>>163767162
You can't really fuck up in that game. It's more of a VN. Though if you buy too much shit on your first run you won't have enough left for your rent.
>>
File: 20161226133953_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161226133953_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>last time I attacked a big orc settlement I lost 3 guys but won and got two unique items for my troubles plus loads e money
>pick up new recruits and do some contracts to level them up
>few days later I decide they're ready and head back into uncharted lands
>cut through a ton of skeletons and necromancers before reaching orc territory again only to see a completely different big orc settlement
>out numbered 16 to 12 and worst of all they have 5 adult orc warriors in heavy armor wielding metal shields
>4 of the 5 big orc warriors are concentrated on my right flank so I put the majority of my guys there including Magnus and Eugene
>fight going pretty okay until the Orc Warlord shows up on the left flank that's almost completely open
>Only one really free to move on that flank is old Baldomar, a retired soldier
>Warlord breaks his heater shield with the first swing
>Few turns later Baldomar is still 1v1ing the Warlord doing his best to dodge every swing
>battle going fairly well only due to him holding off the warlord for so long
>my men start getting struck down right as I finish chewing through the heavy armored orcs
>Baldomar goes down right as reinforcements get there to finish off the Warlord
>He lived in the end but lost an ear somehow
I'm getting this old man some wenches.
>>
>>163767557
yeah i see now. really nice music. i have not used steam in a while, been playing too much titanfall 2. is there a bug with screenshots or something? i cant seem to take any of this game. tried changing the keybinds and stuff, no go.
>>
>>163769250
>>163767557
nevermind, looks like the game has its own screenshot thing. waifu_abuse_000.png, silly.
>>
>>163768239
>Lost an ear somehow
A grazing blow against the side of his helmet would impact the helm and the side of his head, potentially crushing the ear in its entirety.
>>
>>163770532
That makes sense
I guess the last blow he took was to the head but his helmet was still fully intact so he didn't die
>>
>>163768239
Baldomar putting it all on the line for the team
>>
File: Waifu_Abuse_0012.png (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu_Abuse_0012.png
39KB, 1280x720px
i love this game already
>>
>>163773369
Waifu abuse? Why that image name? Also aren't there ROM characters in there?
>>
File: Waifu_Abuse_0013.png (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu_Abuse_0013.png
44KB, 1280x720px
>>163774627
i dont know, thats the name the game saves it to by default. ROM?
>>
File: large.jpg (148KB, 1280x512px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
148KB, 1280x512px
>>163774815
Oh wow, that's such a weird naming thing. Also Rom as in Read Only Memory
>>
File: Waifu_Abuse_0018.png (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu_Abuse_0018.png
21KB, 1280x720px
>>163775026
ah, no idea. not familiar with that.
>>
File: Waifu_Abuse_0020.png (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu_Abuse_0020.png
21KB, 1280x720px
so i guess the devs of this game frequent 4chan?
>>
File: vSM9x3e.png (145KB, 786x548px) Image search: [Google]
vSM9x3e.png
145KB, 786x548px
>>163572024
so this.... is what...... autism feels like.......

wonder how much the mushrooms will give me and how much my forager skill will level
>>
>>163776628
>Iwannabethe
Are you the Guy, Tornader?
>>
File: sOq5Wzb.png (39KB, 691x662px) Image search: [Google]
sOq5Wzb.png
39KB, 691x662px
answer is, a whole fucking lot of dosh for my first year of spring, also only 2 levels of foraging, from 5 to 7

>>163776803
sadly I never actually beat the game
>>
File: 20161226164509_1.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161226164509_1.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>goblins thinking they can escape my puppers
>>
Just starting Pillars of Eternity and completely new to CRPGs. Anyone have any tips?

Just playing on normal for now.
>>
>>163784571
Make use of the pause and slow modes.

Scouting not only puts you in stealth but also reveals traps
>>
File: 1466512051891.png (97KB, 1282x747px) Image search: [Google]
1466512051891.png
97KB, 1282x747px
>>163775583
>>
>>163788272
This kinda rubs me the wrong way, I feel like chan culture should stay on chans. It's like seeing people try to greentext in online games, shit's stupid.
>>
>>163789837
>chan culture
it's dead, jim
>>
File: 265470_20161226191337_1.png (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
265470_20161226191337_1.png
235KB, 1920x1080px
I'm loving the loop of Even the Ocean. Homebase story stuff THEN exploring a new world THEN a power plant level. This game is very digestible
>>
Anyone play Salt and Sanctuary? I legit enjoy it more than most of the actual Souls games now, on my 9th playthrough, 4th character. It's crazy, it's so addictive, the combo of Souls with Metroidvania just hit that obsession button.
>>
File: Queen Zenya.png (1MB, 1382x960px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Zenya.png
1MB, 1382x960px
>>163705989
All done then!
>>
>>163789837
I try to resist implying implications, and sometimes it's hard.
>>
File: stardew valley.jpg (57KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
stardew valley.jpg
57KB, 460x215px
So, is there any reason NOT to get the Joja Mart membership in Stardew Valley? I'm starting a new playthrough and doing the community center again sounds fucking stressful.
>>
>>163794268
Community center has bonuses that make people like you better
>>
File: 1453552701622.png (270KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1453552701622.png
270KB, 1200x900px
Here's a day late Christmas gift for those who play Nuclear Throne. Made a Scott Pilgrim vs The World music mod. Started it long while ago and almost forgot about it. It's pretty fun to play to. Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z29o9tasn2s9c6j/Nuclear%20Throne%20vs%20The%20World.zip?dl=0
>>
File: Battle_time.png (51KB, 360x438px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_time.png
51KB, 360x438px
Merry late Christmas, /indie/!
>>
>>163794268
well with joja you basically just give them money to fix everything, I like the community center for the side objectives it gives instead of just "make as much dosh as you can"
>>
So i've admired and have been interested in this game for a long time now, and finally bought it because I have free time.

So what exactly am I playing? What's the objective? How do I maximize my enjoyment of it? I've played a few lives but haven't survived long enough for the portal yet.
>>
>>163801490

Well, I already did the community center on my first playthrough and now I'd rather just try and make an elegant, specialized farm instead of being all over the place trying to do everything at once. The way you guys say it though, it seems you don't miss out on anything beyond the rewards for turning in the bundles and the friendship you get from it.

I'm using the woodland map, I want to grow a bunch of maple trees and make maple syrup.
>>
File: Risk of Rain.jpg (25KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Risk of Rain.jpg
25KB, 460x215px
>>163803154
This game, my bad I was talking about Risk of Rain
>>
File: yannicorn.png (184KB, 388x353px) Image search: [Google]
yannicorn.png
184KB, 388x353px
>>163803302

It's just "Get as far as you can". It's been a long time since I last played it, but it's really fun when you want a game which doesn't require involvement.
>>
>>163763245
Bought 22 indie games at the low price of $15.74 thanks to part of my Christmas gift arriving today - $20 to spend on Steam goods. Bought one game to give to my buddy who moderates a cripplechan board because he bought me a game the day before Christmas. Outside of that, body hurts due to all this cold but if I turn the heat on I'll start to itch. That isn't video games though. What is would happen to be which game I'll start with depending on which number I get -

1, 6 - Our Love Will Grow
2, 7 - This Book is a Dungeon
3, 8 - Subterra
4, 9 - Desolate Wastes: Vendor Chronicles
5, 0 - Uriel's Chasm
>>
>>163805936
>6
>Our Love Will Grow
This should be good. Always wanted to try an RPG Maker Harvest Moon-like.
>>
File: fuck this shit (2).jpg (32KB, 350x386px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit (2).jpg
32KB, 350x386px
>>163806017
ON SECOND THOUGHT MAYBE I SHOULD KILL MYSELF. HOLY SHIT THE CRINGE AND MY EARS HURT OW OW OW.
>>
>>163806841
that was fast. that bad?
>>
>>163690412
whats this from?
>>
File: tumblr_o9lt2nzoxo1vsbxw2o1_540.png (95KB, 540x239px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9lt2nzoxo1vsbxw2o1_540.png
95KB, 540x239px
>>163807257
It's fanart of Hotline Miami 2.
>>
File: 1481207187215.png (386KB, 714x714px) Image search: [Google]
1481207187215.png
386KB, 714x714px
>>163807373
cheers Brah
>>
>>163805936
>Outside of that, body hurts due to all this cold but if I turn the heat on I'll start to itch.
Are you Jewish or something
>>
What the fuck is Frog Fractions
>>
>>163811140
Fractions with frogs
>>
are there sex mods for stardew valley
>>
File: 1388235651368[3].jpg (51KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1388235651368[3].jpg
51KB, 323x454px
>>163812982
>>
>>163805936
>Uriel's Chasm

Never seen those rail slave games mentioned here before.
>>
File: 1412313971950.jpg (26KB, 482x277px) Image search: [Google]
1412313971950.jpg
26KB, 482x277px
>Buddy... Did I do the right thing?
>>
File: 1443143293793.gif (2MB, 600x244px) Image search: [Google]
1443143293793.gif
2MB, 600x244px
>>163815782
>>
File: OkuyasuCrying.png (1MB, 678x1084px) Image search: [Google]
OkuyasuCrying.png
1MB, 678x1084px
>>163815782
>>
>>163794268
Pierre is a prick.
>closing on Wednesday
Go Joja
>>
>>163806841
>OVERALL: Mostly Positive (61 reviews)
>>
File: Red Dead NX.jpg (122KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Red Dead NX.jpg
122KB, 1200x675px
What's a great 2D indie game I can just fuck around in and play for fine without a commitment?
>>
File: 20141212190206!Oddity81[1].png (702B, 33x33px) Image search: [Google]
20141212190206!Oddity81[1].png
702B, 33x33px
>doing the gas the drones questline
>decide to just kill the drones normally instead
>tough fight, first time around I got zoned out by some guy who created two dopplegangers
>managed to win the fight due to leaving lots of traps all over the place
>looting the corpses
>find a weird oddity called "Brzozplno Nebrechega Skontam"
>the description is: "More schtaz navro sas brzozplnom zokontozyom chale. Osh se razumrdnsch chto se zavlako i da smandriya pzntogozn golem. A to, ne chto przenye vole ki razbaczpreko ugnozloprekodnavno znako."

Anybody knows what this gobbledygook means? Google translate isn't giving me anything.
>>
>break Maria out of prison
>get all the way to her cell
>not enough skill to pick her lock
>her key is in some guard way too powerful to kill stealthily
>the light and her perception makes her skill too high to pickpocket without being detected
Are there sleeping darts or something? Its weird to just leave Maria like this and walk away from Abram
>>
>>163823431
>>Are there sleeping darts or something? Its weird to just leave Maria like this and walk away from Abram

There are tranquilizing darts you can get from the black guy watching the hoppers in SGS. I'm not sure if being incapacitated allows you to pickpocket her without her noticing you and making protectorate hostile.

If you're using crossbow, you might want to craft shockbolts, and see if you can get an adrenaline shot somewhere, and just spam shockbolts at her. An aimed shot should also help.
>>
File: Fo_prisonCave[1].png (423KB, 1503x969px) Image search: [Google]
Fo_prisonCave[1].png
423KB, 1503x969px
Trying to find oddities, I'm at level 22, but I want to try to get as high as possible before getting to DC.

The wiki says there is an oddity (Old Religious Scripture) in this tunnel, which is supposed to be part of Foundry Prison, but I can't seem to find the entrance. My perception is pretty high, and i tried going into the various prison cells in hopes of discovering it, but I didn't have any luck. Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
Is there a good Discord for Indie games that isn't full of cancerous little safe space kiddies? I like finding new niche games but can't stand the circle jerk around them and all the baggage those people bring.
>>
>>163790483
Turned out quite alright, actually.
>>
>>163650845
Suits is nothing like OFF. Still an ok game before the media district.
>>
>>163820161
Roguelikes like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne.
>>
>>163807043
Dude, the logo was giving me cringe vibes, and then the title screen happened. Next I got into the game and the music decided to rape my ears like how my dad did to my butt when I was 4.

7 MINUTES OF HELL. I don't think it's the right game for me.

>>163819006
Everyone's got their own tastes. I don't do good with certain kinds of cringe. The kind that remind me of bad weeaboo jokes and middle school fan-fiction. also I FUCKING HATE BANJOS AND FLUTES WHY DO SO MANY FARMING GAMES INCLUDE THESE IN THEIR SOUNDTRACKS. GOD DAMN LEPRECHAUNS.

Also it uses 90% OF MY CPU so I can't record it. It's a goddamn RPG Maker game, how does it do that?

>>163828196
I'll have to get back into it sometime then.
>>
>>163829516
>Also it uses 90% OF MY CPU so I can't record it.
Make sure it does not use your integrated. I remember this being a common error with the engine.
>>
Standstill Girl is an excellent game both in gameplay and atmosphere. Apprently vgp translated one more project by the dev so I am happy to have another excellent game to play when I feel like it.
>>
>>163830482
My integrated is disabled ATM because I only enable it when I use a dual monitor setup.

>>163830949
Looks neat, I might check it out.
>>
>Download Underrail
>Get to character customization
>All these fucking stats everywhere
>"I knew this was coming, Fallout-like and all I'll check their forums for a quick idea on what I can do for character versatility & easing me into the game"
>Browsing
>Character builds threads
>Low level cap complained about a bit
>That's not a good sign
>"Help at final boss what do"
>build seems reasonable, you could usually hybrid a reasonable amount in Fallout
>"Remake character"
Someone please tell me this is an exaggeration. I don't play single player games to read min-max guides.
>>
File: 271820_20161129160850_1.png (261KB, 567x633px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161129160850_1.png
261KB, 567x633px
Where do you think you are going, /indie/?
>>
File: 1342840-logo_web.jpg (37KB, 628x487px) Image search: [Google]
1342840-logo_web.jpg
37KB, 628x487px
Can we talk about Frozen Synapse here?

I mean, since it's indie.

I just found out about it yesterday and bought it on a whim while on sale, and oh my goodness it's amazing. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before.

It's basically old school Rainbow Six + Doorkickers, it's so great

I may or may not be encouraging talk about it so that I can have other fellow noobs to practice multiplayer with, it's really fun
>>
>>163821564
It's 90% gibberish
>>
>>163834513
I beat the game on my level 21, cap is 25, fists only character
Those people are just tards
>>
>>163837126
How much is it? Sounds cool
>>
>>163839069
Seems like 6 buckaroos on steam. You can also get it through their own website or GOG.
>>
>>163839286
I'll check it out when I get home, sounds like a game I'd like
Still have some steam funbucks
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5kgkNvur8c
A LISA fangame made by an actually competend adult
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (134KB, 804x604px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
134KB, 804x604px
I am literally crying tears of joy
>>
>>163843886
Too bad there is no sex scene.
>>163843817
As someone who never played a Lisa game I have to say that looks neat.
>>
>>163834513
It's an exaggeration. It isn't that much about fucking up your build, some people just simply suck at playing what they created. You know, situational crafting, temporarily changing your gear and playstyle, using consumables liberally, and so on. So they just fail at basic problem solving and blame it on their builds.

Don't go full retard with your build, but that's all.
>>
>>163843817
Holy shit, that looks great!
The style is really good, it actually looks a bit better than Lisa the painful's.
I almost wish it were just a separate game it looks so good
I hope taitoki wont sabotage this one
>>
>>163844883
I beta tested it, and the demo is actually better than LISA itself.
>>163848253
There WAS drama involving Taitoki and Ed (the creator), but everything turned out good in the end and there's peace. There's also a demo out on gamejolt.
http://gamejolt.com/games/lisa-the-pointless/221705
>>
>>163848753
Seriously fuck Taitoki.
I feel pretty certain that the cancellation of all of the past fangames have been primarily Taitoki's fault.
>>
>>163843817
This looks like its gonna be the shit.

>>163843886
Full game fucking when. Probably the only dating sim I actually ever enjoyed and it was hardly a dating sim.
>>
>>163789902
>>163789837
>>163792606
God, this site sure makes your skin thick, huh?
>>
>>163821564
Looks like a cipher
>>
>>163849445
What?
>>
>>163849670
Nah, it really is just gibberish. West Underrail, the place where that character came from, is the faux-slav part of the world. It's just a joke.
>>
>>163849445
Huh?
>>
File: That Slutty Cat.png (68KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
That Slutty Cat.png
68KB, 200x212px
>>163849429
I wonder if the dev is still doing stuff or if he disapeared from the internet.
> Probably the only dating sim I actually ever enjoyed and it was hardly a dating sim.
Not even the sexy kitten dating sims?
>>
>>163790459
I played it. Enjoyed it as I played it. Didn't have a lot of "downtime", which is great. But I have no reason to replay it,
>>
>>163850950
>Not even the sexy kitten dating sims
I might be forgetting one or two from when I was 13 on Newgrounds or something but dating sims are kinda trash as a whole.

Except the one in Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.
>>
>>163851167
Those are a parody of the genre so they can be good for people not into the genre.
>>
>you will never open this chest
>>
File: sf.png (4KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sf.png
4KB, 640x480px
>>163854345
believe in yourself and anything is possible
>>
>>163855463
>altering the map with old rpgmakers openess
>>
>>163855463
What was in it?
>>
File: lol.png (6KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
6KB, 640x480px
>>163855829
It's good for literally minutes of fun!
>>
>>163856089
it's just a graphic, not a real chest. I was hoping thecatamites might have left some humourous message, but no joy.
>>
>>163856153
ok I laughed
>>163856593
The true humourous message was the journey all along.
>>
File: 271820_20161128170108_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161128170108_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
CARD BATTLES ON MOTORCYCLES
>>
what's the point of this general if nobody discusses the same game anyway
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (81KB, 804x602px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
81KB, 804x602px
wait what powerup

what did I miss
>>
I have never had a stronger "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" impulse in my life than I have for shitpoo valley. Am I living in invasion of the fucking bodysnatchers world? How the fuck does every person on earth but me like this piece of shit?

Literally the only redeeming thing about the game is that I'm getting a refund.
>>
>>163865732
you and me both friend
It's so fucking boring and this comes from someone who really likes the rune factory games
Just running around and meeting people was too tedious for me to keep playing, ended up refunding it
>>
>>163837024
I just woke up.
>went to sleep without blankets on
>wake up covered by blankets
2comfy4me

>>163843886
The dev is a dick but I've got to admit, those videos I did on their game are still some of the most-watched content on my channel and it's partially their fault.

Fuck them for ruining my childhood by making one of the mascots I liked into a reprehensible tranny.

>>163850950
Those were kind of shit. Now Season of Sakura, Three Sisters Story, The Maids Story, True Love 95, Paradise Heights 2? Those were my jam back when I started taking care of my needs that way. Let's Meow Meow was pretty good too, but the DRM was shit and I made the mistake of actually buying that. I'll never buy porn games again, my money is better spent on games that have more than just jerkoff material.

>>163856593
Probably means something along the lines of "Cheaters never prosper." given that thecatamites puts a bit of meaning or symbolism behind everything in their games.

>>163862972
DISCUSS
INDIE
GAMES
>>
>>163866145
>DISCUSS
>INDIE
>GAMES
I tried but it's just not the same as having a proper general for a game since there's multiple people talking about the same shit. I haven't seen two or more people talk about the same game here except for underrail.
>>
>>163860243
Is this Yu-gi-oh 5Ds?
>>
>>163867510
Yes
>>
>>163866257
Probably could do with a Game Of The Month thing at the start of each thread. That might help with discussion a bit. I know /hgg/ and some of the other more eclectic generals do that.
>>
>>163868381
wasn't the usual OP doing a game of the thread/week a while back
nobody really cared

Maybe big 2nd post like
>new release
>new updates
>recommendations from last thread
>>
>>163868505
Something like that. Needs to be consistent. With these sorts of threads you've got to be consistent with the OP. Something I can't do so I don't make these threads ever. HOpefully it all works out though.
>>
Do people steal your shit if you drop it on the ground in underrail?
>>
>>163872550
No, just put your junk in a barrel near the shops
>>
>>163866145
>The dev is a dick but I've got to admit, those videos I did on their game are still some of the most-watched content on my channel and it's partially their fault.
>Fuck them for ruining my childhood by making one of the mascots I liked into a reprehensible tranny.
Do you even understand anything about anything?
>>
>>163865732
What didn't you like specifically
>>
>>163866145
May Club and Seasons of Sakura were my favorite
I really miss the sim aspect, VNs are too on rail
>>
>>163873512
Not him but the dev actually is kind of a dick. They can't take any criticism.
>>
I decided to make a sniper in underrail and depot a is kicking my ass. If I hit a guy he eats shit but the dogs are on me withing two turns and once I get tackled I can't hit shit. Right now I'm cheesing it by making walls of bear traps but it's just so cheap. I can sorta take a few bullets with the tactical vest I crafted but if a melee mutie gets in range he toasts me. Am I just retarded or do I have to ghost through the whole thing?
>>
>>163875126
>the dev of the game isn't the creator of modern bubsy
>if that's the most watched content on your channel, the problem is the content on your channel
>Modern! Bubsy is canon based on the level of emotional investment of the fans. It becomes more real the more real people care about it.
>Real people are the ones you have to appeal to
>people who are filled with hate will not give you money and attention if you are not willing to succumb to evil instead of trying to improve yourself
>your childhood was ruined by abuse
>all you really want is approval from others, but you forgot the golden rule
>>
>>163876410
>Am I just retarded or do I have to ghost through the whole thing?
You're a sniper. If they get the chance to attack in melee you've already made a mistake.
>>
I am going to fucking drop Underrail. I've been enjoying this whole game, but now I've reached the Deep Caverns and I'm not having fun. Infinitely respawning enemies and limited resources are making this game a chore to play, and I honestly might just quit it here.
>>
>>163881263
you wouldn't be the first
>>
Does the Ambush! perk in underrail only applies when you make an attack from stealth?
>>
>>163876410
There's only two ways to beat depot A
stealth through and ignore combat or cheese it with traps
anyone who tells you different is dumb
Even with crafting acid doggo armor you still can't actually fight through the whole thing without using a lot of throwables and traps
Maybe if you're a wizard or something
>>
File: 265470_20161227211538_1.png (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
265470_20161227211538_1.png
99KB, 1920x1080px
By the way, the soundtrack to Even the Ocean is great. I might like it even more than Anodyne's. While Anodyne's score was supposed to be very unnerving and horror-esque, EtO is ambient but emotional. The track for this level in particular reminds me of Boards of Canada
>>
File: screenū-nvbn7ktp.png (34KB, 543x415px) Image search: [Google]
screenū-nvbn7ktp.png
34KB, 543x415px
http://gamejolt.com/games/lisa-the-pointless/221705

LISA fangame?
>>
>>163884775
I'm doing it with doorway bear traps, tossing a molly in the doorway, and then running away.

Is it normal enemies home in on me if I enter a sector from a different point?

I aggro'd a pack of muties near the wormhole entrance, ran away, entered from aboveground, and was forced into combat mode when I went back down. Combat ended many turns later, and then I found their corpses near a turret, so I think they were going towards me even though they had no LOS or info that I'd come down the ladder. Is that normal?
>>
File: 265470_20161227214839_1.png (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
265470_20161227214839_1.png
259KB, 1920x1080px
>that profile pic and sprite

10/10
>>
>hoarder exploring depot A
>find steel and tungsten plates, 25kg each
Thanks, game.
>>
>>163890879
they're probably not high quality enough to keep desu
>>
>>163890379
Is it a meme? And do you enjoy even the ocean so far?
>>
File: 271820_20161129204740_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161129204740_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>163867510
Card City Nights
It's like tripple triad with a little heartstone all with the ittle dew dev characters.
>>
>>163863116
I am trying to remember where you got it. I think it was in weebaoo country.
>>163865732
Here is a little lesson: Harvest Moon games were never that good. There is however an effect when you play one for the first time that makes you love it and always defend that entry as the best despite any facts of improvements in sequels. Steam market is new and never had a harvest moon game, this was millions of peoples first harvest moon.
>>
File: Fishbun Funnies.png (285KB, 579x648px) Image search: [Google]
Fishbun Funnies.png
285KB, 579x648px
>>163862972
What's the point of an rpg party if everyone fights different?
>>
>reach some guy in inner depot A
>he's saying some guy matching Ezra's description sold him mutagen cells 100 years ago
What the shit.

Also I got strong stalker vibes from the glowing pillar on the silent isle.
>>
>>163895207
>100 years ago
What is up with the life expectation?
>>
>>163895325
It's what the mutagen did to him.
>>
>>163876776
>Dev isn't creator of modern bubsy

Sqrlyjack made both Space Funeral 4 and Modern Bubsy. Modern Bubsy was basically made for that game. The blog was made later to milk hype after the character was leaked in a beta shot iirc. They're not the creator of Space Funeral 1 though.

>>163875126
Yeah but frankly they're a dick in all the right ways.

What I see people criticizing the game over is pretty similar to how people felt about Wind Waker at first. "The look and tone is a bit different in this one, therefore WORST GAME EVER"

And of course there's the easily offended zealots getting offended over nonsense as per usual with anything ever.

Thank god the creator won't listen to either of these kinds of people. This game and Bubsy would likely suck if they did.
>>
>>163897451
I think Space Funeral 4 is very different from 1 but it does an excellent job at putting material together to an entertaining game. That is far far more than I can say about Space Funeral 3 which comes over as edgy dude weed lmao misinterpretation of the games before.
>>
Pillar of Eternity's difficulty level is usually non-existent with sudden extreme spikes
>>
>>163711306
>>163754645
I'm not sure I understand. If low-freq can block low impact attacks fine, shouldn't it be the same for higher freq shields who have higher shielding? How does the dissipation work exactly? Does it get reduced by the shielding amount regardless of how much damage was blocked?
>>
Just played To The Moon for the first time.

How do I cope? ;__:
>>
>>163901807
By playing way better written and executted games.
Also look in the games folder, there is a free sequel chapter there that the dev added.
>>
>>163901807
hold me now.

That game was DEVASTATING
>>
>>163902063
I mean I certainly have. I've played games just like it that have had better, more fleshed-out battle systems, better game-feel, more developed characters, and lighter, less forced feeling humor.
>>163902175
God damn, this game was like concentrated sadness nonstop. Constant piano music in the background and cutting to each and every emotional event to just start strumming away n your heartstrings.
>>
>>163902426
I was ready to jerk tears all the game but it never clicked with me. There are just some very poor executed scenes(car accident comes to mind) and just big plot points that made no sense to me no matter how I turned them. I guess it doesn't matter when you were already caufght by the cheap tearjerker elements from the beginning.
I do like the setting of that company and the technology and would like to see it expanded like the bonus chapter does. But that would mean the dev would have to write a living and varying world instead of just milking tears and I am not sure he has the stuff to do that.
>>
>>163903159
Same. It did feel a bit manipulative, especially in the beginning. I'm sure that some parts of it are written from a genuine seat of human compassion from Mr. Gao. I certainly couldn't Hadley another one of his games though. I don't think my heart could take it.
>>
>>163902426
I refuse to play a game like this
>>
File: tumblr_oirjvtbSQM1snnir3o1_1280.png (236KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oirjvtbSQM1snnir3o1_1280.png
236KB, 1280x640px
>>163876410

If you have stealth and hacking, you go into depot A via the wormhole. Once you're in the depot, head to the northeast corner of the map. You can find a computer, and shut down all the turrets, allowing you to not have to deal with a single turret. Nothing else in depot A shoots bullets, besides sentry bots, but you can easily get what you need via sneaking. Open up vents when you find them, so you can climb into them quickly if you think a sentry bot is going to discover you and wait for it to go away. I don't know if snipers have a silent attack option, but I was able to pick off some muties and sentry bots with my crossbow. It doesn't make a lot of noise, so it doesn't alert others to my presence unless I'm in eye sight of them. If you can attack silently, I recommend destroying the cameras, then getting into the vents before the robots find you. When the cameras don't see you, the robots sit idlely in a single room, and once the cameras are taken care of, you can explore the zone more easily (or you can just grab the keycard and be on your way.)

If you have tailoring, you can also go to the front of junkyard, then head west, then north to find a cave zone filled with water. You can find siphoners there. Kill them, and you make their skin into siphoner leather armor and (tabi) boots, which lets you soak up acid attacks. I think acid doge armor does it too, but you need chemistry, which I didn't have at the time.

>>163887508

The spritework is looking mighty fine on this one. I'm looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't fizzle out.
>>
File: 1480207925280.jpg (8KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1480207925280.jpg
8KB, 229x220px
>>163577915
We had /l/ back in the day but people kept breaking United States law so Moot shut it down and restricted the posting of cake to only /b/. He then got in touch with the FBI and now some of them are /b/ moderators in that /b/ is monitored by the FBI.

>>163873512
The dev IS a dick. They ended up harassing me on Twitter and having a couple furry SJWs do the same. So my buddy who happens to be a moderator on cripplechan's /baphomet/ board doxed them.

Now the dev is polite and begs me to cover his game. I might, but I would be more inclined to cover a horror game than I would Space Funeral 4 at this point because of how he and his cohorts treated me. And I don't like most horror games.

>>163876776
Dude I was asleep until maybe an hour ago because I threw out my back on Christmas Day trying to move some furniture so I could find my antidepressants and end some bad withdrawals. I don't rightly care about your Tumblr-tier cringe post right now. Here's a cabbage.
>>
>>163906148
>it's an 8gagger fag
Fuck off retard you are the worst thing that ever happened to this site, the internet and the real world.
JUST
FUCK
OFF
>>
>>163906148
>sincerely believing that doxxing does anything at all, let alone help your side
you're not making a great case here
>>
>>163873512
No like he actually can't take criticism. Guy will call you a furry hater along with everyone else in a comment chain on youtube if even one idiot badd mouths furries even when before hand people tll the guy off and no one else say anything bad about furries and he's not really reasonable,can't offer a lick of advice or criticism to his game and get him to listen evn if you try to be nice about it.
>>
>>163907330
I need to stop typing at 3 in the morning, fucks my grammer up.
>>
>>163906148
Man, you seem like a real big fucking deal with your 8gag mod hacker pals and youtube channel. Mind if you link it, it sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>163907319
I've been doxed twice. First time, not much happened other than receiving magazines pertaining to parenting that were addressed to me. Second time? Calls non-stop 2 days straight, representative payee has to call my service provider to change my phone number and make it private, my Facebook gets hacked and made to look like that of a gay pornstar, I receive a dozen mysterious packages that all contain Jehovah's Witness and Mormon missionary recruitment kits, and I get several trolls impersonating me on two forums that I then proceeded to be b& from. And now to this day a couple of the punks see me on another site every now and then and start shit all over again.

Not that it matters though, this isn't video games. The point being though is that doxing can fuck shit up. At least I didn't get swatted, that would probably be the one thing keeping me from ever doing a facecam.

>>163907079
Oh be quiet will you? Who gives a damn who uses what site? 4chan is not your secret club
>>
Furries will be first to hang on the DOTR
Night in the Woods players are no exception
>>
>>163907831
OTR
>>
>>163907702
you missed the point. Either doxxing doesn't do anything, which you disagree with....

or you used force to "win" the argument. Way to look like the good guy. I'm sure it didn't actually go that way, but you certainly worded it as if doxxing someone is the best way to resolve an internet conflict.
>>
>>163907686
I'm not really a big deal. Given the circumstances at the moment I'm not inclined to link my channel, but I do post videos every now and then so perhaps if you keep an eye out for that and be cordial things may work out well in the end.

Fun thing as well - the friend I have who is a /baphomet/ moderator is also an Encyclopedia Dramatica admin and is the CEO of WrongThink, a politically incorrect alternative to Twitter. He's the nicest guy and wants to move to America because he's a huge Trump supporter.

Sorry if I cajme across as bragging either way though. That wasn't my intent at all. I don't like to brag but I tend to not t hink before I speak. Hence why my videos are often cringe threads in video format, or one big audiovisual shitpost.

>>163907831
>Day of the Rope
Ease up there a bit /pol/ack. There's no /pol/ outside of /pol/. Besides, some furry chicks are kind of hot.
>>
>>163907831
Fuck part of tht deleted >>163908030
Meant to ask what DOTR is. That some award?
>>
>>163908110

Day
of
the
Rope
>>
>>163908032
Well that would imply I asked him to do it in the first place. He did it on his own volution when I mentioned what happened. Was actually kind of scared for a while when he did do that. That was months ago though, so things are fine now.

Besides, I'm a firm believer of peace through superior firepower, even if the gun goes off accidentally. Fuck's sake, we could probably solve a lot of today's problems by bombing Mecca. I know, no /pol/ outside of /pol/, but still.

>>163908110
Day of the Rope. It's a /pol/ack meme that involves the day when degenerates, Communists, Marxists, and globalists all end up being tied to a tree by their necks. There's also Day of the Rake, which is when the United States and it's allies wage war on Canada and it gets annexed or some shit.

Canadians are the worst shitposters it seems.
>>
So HEY. How about those indie games? Any of you play Axiom Verge? How is that one? Someone in my comments section says I should check it out.
>>
File: SmugAnimeGirl.jpg (93KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
SmugAnimeGirl.jpg
93KB, 370x320px
Anyone know if there is a translation patch for this game?

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59471345

It stars Nagatoro, a qt brown girl.
>>
>>163908561
fair enough, there is nothing worthwhile I could get out of him other than an admission to "be clearer when he posts".

tried out several rpgmaker demos, some neat, some not so neat.
>Drekirokr
a bit unpolished, as it is I don't like it but it could get better

>Long Gone Days
well that escalated quickly. A well done demo, kept it short and showed all the mechanics that are in the works. Waiting for this one.

>Revenant Gods
a lot of things going on in the combat here. Definitely need some prior experience with ATB before taking a crack at this. Extensive system with compendiums and enemy scanning.

English is passable, but the ESL takes away from the emotion. Each fight takes quite a while, even regular fights, so I'm concerned about it being a slog.

>Goatchild
feels like Resident Evil 1 without the zombies. Not my thing, but I'm surprised they got the feel down on an rpgmaker setup. Sorta arpg with shooting in the field.
>>
>>163909307
Long Gone Days sounds alright. I voted for that on Steeam Greenlight.
>>
File: 523253.gif (185KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
523253.gif
185KB, 320x240px
Currently playing Underrail for the first time and was wondering if anyone here knows when you are supposed to enter the Arena in Core City?

Currently level 17. So far haven't had any deaths and i'd like to try and keep it that way. Playing a sneaky sniper with traps so i'm afraid i will get completely destroyed in Arena if it doesn't give me time to set up a proper killzone.
>>
>>163912191

For your first few fights, you get a couple of allies who help you, so go ahead and give it a shot.
>>
Holy shit night vision goggles rock.
>>
File: Mother 3.jpg (17KB, 332x218px) Image search: [Google]
Mother 3.jpg
17KB, 332x218px
So question. I have yet to play Earthbound and Mother 3. I know that Undertale is heavily inspired by it. Would I ruin the experience of playing Earthbound and Mother 3 if I played Undertale before playing those?
>>
>>163916589

Not really.
>>
>>163912191
Level 17 is more than enough to finish the entire Arena in one go.
>>
Got AoD on the Christmas sale, about to give it a go. Is going fighter acceptable for a first run if I've played Dungeon Rats and am thus somewhat familiar with the combat system?
>>
>>163916589
Nah. Undertalr is pretty different albeit inspired from Earthbound.
>>
What are some good Stardew Valley mods to have?
>>
>>163916589
Earthbound is unplayable by itself. Its design is abhorrent but people look past that for its quirkyness. Might as well read an LP
>>
>>163908342
DOTR predates 4chan by decades
>>
>>163924028
saveanywhere
timespeed
skillprestige
chestpooling
cookingskill
luckskill
happyanimals
JJB
LookupAnything
ExtendedFridge
>>
NEW

UNDERRAIL

PATCH
>>
>>163927491
>tfw want to a psi build for my 2nd run but don't know a good build
>>
>>163927602
max will + all psi skills

literally anything else goes

probably high int + crafting for psi beetle vest and psi headband
>>
>>163927897
So max electronics and tailoring but how much of the other crafting skills? I'd like to do a tranquility wizard
>>
>>163928189
you get the hang of it as you play

no need to max tailoring but you also need some mechanics for your armorcrafting

biology depends on which drugs you want but i never go less than 40 (adrenaline shot)

chemistry is probably useless for you unless you wanna use molotovs and explosive grenades
>>
>>163927491
That was unexpected. Well then. So much for playing AoD. Duty calls once again.

>Forcing the vent with crowbar will now be done through Quick Invoker (once the crowbar is equipped, you'll get the ability there)

Sweet, so the single most unintuitive thing in the game finally got changed. And it only took years.
>>
File: w.jpg (385KB, 1911x957px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
385KB, 1911x957px
>>163928712
how does something like this look?
>>
File: Mutated_human_twoheaded_l.png (19KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Mutated_human_twoheaded_l.png
19KB, 100x100px
THE HORROR. THE HORROR.
>>
File: oligarchs.png (82KB, 210x299px) Image search: [Google]
oligarchs.png
82KB, 210x299px
I think we can safely say that Simmons is by far the greatest loser of this patch.
>>
Duff is now the only NPC in the game who has TWO unique portraits.
>>
File: ssss1.png (39KB, 882x566px) Image search: [Google]
ssss1.png
39KB, 882x566px
I've finally got around to drawing a ton of portraits I'll need, now that I got these out of the way, I can work on dialogue stuff.
>>
>>163925771
What exactly is wrong with earthbound?
>>
Anyone has any idea when the new patch for Stardew Valley for the PC is gonna hit?
>>
>>163929979
Why does this remind me of something out of an old 80s anime?
>>
>>163927336
Lots of those feel like cheating, but thank you anyway for the others.
>>
>>163929979
Now with two times more shield-ignoring acid spits!
>>
Hot damn, the Faceless Commander became quite a lot more talkative with this patch. And he also shills for Six like holy fuck. "We can all consider ourselves fortunate that he is willing to share even a fragment of his knowledge with us. You should too."

Yeah, man, I'm totally dazzled by his wisdom of "You do not need to know that." and "That information would be detrimental to you." Move aside Commander, I want to suck his cock some more too.
>>
>return from DC
>Ezra spergs out about chromium and psimorphs
>even though the Beast has been dead for ages, his head mounted on my wall

Oh boy. Why do I feel like this is going to be a long night.
>>
File: tumblr_oifvizE4x11vvmp8ro6_1280.png (329KB, 1024x977px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oifvizE4x11vvmp8ro6_1280.png
329KB, 1024x977px
>>163927491

>Added feats: Bowyer (crossbow crafting)

Nice, might have to load up an old save to try this. Luckily I didn't turn level 22 TOO long ago.

>Changed the "Focused" tooltip to be gender neutral (tested for all 99 genders)
Lel

>Added a couple more instances of Black Eye, Loaded Dice, Train Driver Manual and Train Log oddities
Great. I want to get to as high a level as I can before DC.

>Arke cameras and turrets will now properly go offline after being shut down at the main console

Thank goodness.
>>
>SGS got a new dartboard

10/10 patch of the year. I always felt SGS was missing something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I know.
>>
>>163927491
>http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2835
Didnt know there was a test branch
>>
so I should a new character for this patch or just boot up my old level 22 I beat the game with?
>>
>>163948591
It was created today, although we... knew it was coming.

Also, things I've learned from this patch so far:
- Ancient Rathound armor looks just as bitchin' as I always imagined. Although I can't quite decide if I look like a pimp or a whore in it.
- Oculus seriously, really fucking suck at their job.
- I thought there was no way to top our previously best Invictus joke. I was wrong.
>>
>>163927491
>Changed the "Focused" tooltip to be gender neutral (tested for all 99 genders)
>Your character is fully focused, which makes him more effective in ranged combat. Focus is lost when you move.
Why is the text written like this at all?
Referring to your character > referring to (you) as you are the character > tooltips written as if they are your character's thoughts in first person
>>
>>163948954
>>- I thought there was no way to top our previously best Invictus joke. I was wrong.

Dang, who do I have to talk to. I think next playthough I'm going to avoid talking to as many people as possible so I can tell everyone in Underrail that I'm Invictus. And avoid doing the Rat King quest until I learn the joke from the Tchortists so I can see his reaction.
>>
>>163949014
> >
I meant <
>>
>>163929930
>tfw no psi users to hold my hand
Guess I'll just fucking wing it
>>
NO FUCKING WAY IT'S ACTUALLY TRUE
AND IT WAS ONE OF US WHO FIGURED IT OUT
>>
>>163950093
Yeah?
>>
>>163950291
YEAH
FUCK YEAH
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>163950330
Tell me more
>>
>>163950421
Three words.
BABBY
LEVIATHAN
TCHORT
>>
>>163950486
Oh wow. I need to reread those old theory posts but I remember the gist of it
>>
>>163950801
We are getting so many answers my mind is melting down as we speak. Like, wordswordswords kind of answers. In-universe fanboying over lore with certain NPCs. Even staring into someone's eyes is taking like a huge block of text now.
>>
>>163951059

Would you recommend starting a new playthough?
>>
>>163950486
what but how does that theory work when it said in the computer files that tchort came to be when a bunch of those biocorp scientists fused together into a monster
>>
>>163951251

Maybe that's how Leviathans are made.
>>
>>163951193
I don't know, I can't tell for sure yet. Although starting a new playthrough is never a bad idea. If you don't have the right stats, and for this tl;dr fanboy gossip party where almost everything is revealed, you are going to need the right stats, you'll miss out on some things. But how much changed before end-game I can't tell yet.
>>
>>163951596
what like persuasion?
>>
>>163951745
Yeah, that's good for some parts, but the best is hidden behind a series of Intelligence checks. It's pretty incredible.
>So you are now going to tell me everything?
>Yes.
And he does!
>>
>>163952064
shit dude I've only got 4 int
>>
DAT FUCKING TWEEST
>>
I heard Subnautica dev was a convicted felon, is this true?
>>
>>163952064
how much int do you have?
>>
Epeli, come clean. Was it your theory, or did a random anon really just somehow managed to piece this thing together?
>>
>>163953595
9 I think? You can get most of the conversation without the Int checks though, so it's not a big deal if you don't have it. It just flows better that way. I think. I'm going through it for the third time now, it is pretty damn long.
>>
>>163953974
I'm assuming it's way end game with the faceless commander or Six
I've been meaning to start a 2nd run for a while now, not sure what build I'm doing though. Might just wait till the official patch or expansion
Did you check the oculus database yet?
>>
>>163954239
It's way-way end-game. At the very end. And you are wrong. Six? Telling you anything? Don't make me laugh. He tells you fuck all. Even less than we previously though. Lying son of a bitch.
Well, really, the one big thing you'll miss out on without passing the Int check is your character going full homo staring into this certain someone's eyes raving about how very... I'm not even sure what they are. But they are very, yes. A life changing experience.
Of course.
>>
>>163954758
No, wait, the homo eye-gazing happens either way. It's the part where he sucks you off for being so Intelligent that you'll miss. Ah, no big loss.
>>
>>163954758
Guess I'll make a psi character with high int or something
>>
File: Hylics 28.12.2016 18_05_00.png (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 28.12.2016 18_05_00.png
111KB, 640x480px
What a strange game, ina good way. The random dialogue is less weird to me than that I have to die to 'levelup' the HP.
>>
File: wew.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>can't be a wizard unless I'm red pilled
>>
>>163957838
shit meme for retards
>>
>>163957912
well aren't you hostile
>>
>>163957959
You deserve all the hostility and more. :)
>>
>>163958063
t.riggered shitskin
>>
File: mhth.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
mhth.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>163929979
But who will find the horror first?
>>
Okay guys, this patch added much, much more than what Styg admitted in the devlog. I'm genuinely blown away here.

>>163960683
Sweet fucking Jesus, I hope it won't be me, at least.
>>
File: Animcentaur.gif (41KB, 125x61px) Image search: [Google]
Animcentaur.gif
41KB, 125x61px
>>163960683
Gives me that Fallout vibe.
>>
Shame there isn't a good general rpg thread on /v/ right now. This patch is something amazing, and it makes me want to gift a copy or two.
>>
>>163961578
anon, do you know where new threads come from?
>>
>>163961664
Yeah. But making one and making sure it stays alive just so I can then shill for Underrail once we have a decent amount of people posting would be just a little distasteful.
>>
>>163960978
So what are the changes beyond those listed in the devlog?

How much new content? I might replay the game again sometime but I'm kinda afraid I will get burned out before the expansion comes out, I already have 482 hours in.
>>
I really wish we could see the grid when navigating mazes behind solid wall textures.
>>
>>163929979
I wonder if styg put one in depot A. You know. As a joke.
>>
>>163937961
careful with saveanywhere though. It got made because there's WAY too much stuff that could be lost if you need to step away before the day is over, but it's inherently unstable.
>>
>>163956832
I wish there were more areas where you could just chill out with your team members, like the sandcastles and band parts.
>>
>>163961852
>So what are the changes beyond those listed in the devlog?

i'm currently doing some backtracking. Once I'm done with that I'll be able to tell you more. So sit tight.
>>
>>163965920
It's 2 am where I live and thread sits in the page 10 limbo for quite some time now.

Godspeed.
>>
>tfw battlerite general died
>tfw battlerite is dying
>>
>>163968925
Yeah, well, it's 2 am here as well. It's not like I have anything better to do now that Christmas is over but I'm still too far from sober to do anything productive.
>>
Oh come on, still not enough? Where else do I need to backtrack, damnit? What else do I need to do?
>>
>>163968925
Okay. So I'm kinda stuck here. With a quest, that is. And as it happens it's sort of essential that I solve this. So yeah. It would be fun, well, actually it is fun. Except for being hopelessly stuck at the moment.
>>
>>163969120
Battlerite?
>>
>>163973329
sequel to bloodline champions if you've heard of it
Basically an actual moba, no lanes or creeps. Just a 2v2 or 3v3 hero arena, pick different champs and fight it out. Each character has like 8 skills and it's all about skill shots/positioning. Player base has been dropping steadily and the devs wont go f2p yet even though they said they would
>>
>naturally gravitated towards gas mask portrait because fuck human faces
>almost always encumbered in cities because no-one wants to buy all the junk I haul around and I refuse to throw things away
>get to core city
>there's a guy with the same portrait as me going through the shops trying to sell junk
>merchants even complain about him
Please tell me this guy's portrait is the samee as yours every playthrough. Please.
>>
>>163956832
Mechanics spoiler:
You can get a leg up by waiting until you have a full team (4 dudes) to use the meat. That way everyone gets the benefits. For such a small game perhaps it's completely unnecessary, though.
>>
>>163979225
Nope
it's a parody of an above and beyond autistic forum user who complains about the weight limit for a living
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2049.0
>>
Why is GOG such a piece of shit bros?
>>
>>163981036
What's the problem?
>>
>>163980475
I feel so sorry for the guy. If only he understood it was all his fault.
>>
>>163981520
I don't know. Every sale i think steam is much better than gog.
>>
>>163927491
Still nothing on gog.
>>
>>163983686
i guess steam has to pull lower prices to compensate for their worse service
>>
File: Snapshot_20161228_234040.jpg (347KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20161228_234040.jpg
347KB, 1920x1088px
Is there something wrong with this tree setup? The middle seed hasn't sprouted and I planted them all at the same time.
>>
File: cute ghost face.png (309KB, 679x529px) Image search: [Google]
cute ghost face.png
309KB, 679x529px
would you guys happen to know any cute monster/enemies from indie games?
like the erchius ghost from Starbound
i kinda want to try making some /indie/ related lewds
>>
Damn, catacomb kids is pretty fuckin rad

If you enjoy spelunky then this kinda seems like an update
>>
So I'm a newcomer to this thread. I see talks of playing indie games and also talks of making indie games. How does this thread differ from AGDG? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm not super sure how it differs other than you can talk about playing them too.
>>
>>163998869
I haven't been to /agdg/ but we mostly just talk about obscure/indie games. We have like 3 devs around at most in a single thread which usually lasts a week or so. The devs usually come to treat us with updates and whatnot and the actual making of the games isnt really that big a topic aside from the occasional mention of rpgmaker.
>>
>>164000049
So it's more a case of people with released (at least in demo or open beta fashion) games coming to talk to people about stuff?
>>
>>164000142
Basically. This is likely a place a dev would go to get attention and reception for a demo they recently made. But 70% people talking about the games itself and not too dev oriented.
>>
>>164000317
Alright, thank you. I'll have to come back when I release my first alpha, then.
>>
File: Hylics 28.12.2016 18_15_32.png (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 28.12.2016 18_15_32.png
110KB, 640x480px
>>163979305
Yeah I noticed that. I went ahead and killed one enemy in the portal before I even went to the city in north east, may its mirror last 1000 years. It's the same for this ancient device and the TV skills but at least the TVs can be used as much as you want.
>>
>>163961578
You could make a christmas giveaway thread. I did that for 2 years but stopped last year because /v/ became unusable and not my place anymore. Usually people jumped in and dump their unused keys too.
>>
>>164000489
We'll be waiting for it. Always cool to be the first to try out a game.
>>
>>163995316
Shadelings
>>
>>164000709
Do you guys pay attention to AGDG's demo days then?
>>
>>164000801
Some people possibly, can't speak for everyone, I don't. We for the most part just talk about indie games and sometimes devs visit with a demo/update.
>>
>>164000898
Ahh, I was just curious. I don't pay attention to demo days myself. Thanks for being helpful, I'm going to disappear into the shadows and do the ancient advice of "lurk moar".
>>
File: Captain.png (13KB, 384x283px) Image search: [Google]
Captain.png
13KB, 384x283px
>>163995316
>/indie/ related lewds
Aw snap. IDPD Captain. All Nuclear Throne enemies are kinda cute but the captain has the added bonus of being a grill.
>>
>>163993527
Try LookupAnything on it
>>
any good indie idle games or idle games in general? i need something brain dead
>>
>>164001947
You mean something you don't play?
>>
>>164001804
I'm playing on PS4. Anyways, I resorted to the wiki, although I was hoping not to. I'm also not sure why, even with the wiki's information, it didn't work, but I spaced them out more and they're growing.
>>
>>164002365
i don't play any idle games so
>>
File: Hylics 29.12.2016 09_45_58.png (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 29.12.2016 09_45_58.png
56KB, 640x480px
>softlocked by the cat following me and not moving her GODDAMN FAT ASS
>>
The new Boyer feat is pretty cool. It adds 35% critical hit damage to crafted crossbows, which is good if you combine it with the scope that boosts your crit damage by 50%, and then get the Critical Power feat, which boosts your critical damage even further, and then the deadly snare feat which gives you autocrits against trapped enemies.
>>
File: maple farm.jpg (593KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maple farm.jpg
593KB, 1600x900px
Okay, so, making a maple syrup focused farm was a bad idea. Sounds cool, you plant the trees, put tappers on them and you get free money every few days, right?

Wrong:

1. You have no idea how much wood and copper tappers consume if you produce them in large numbers. And likewise, you consume a shit-ton of coal making those copper bars.

2. You have to spend so much time managing space. The trees keep shitting babies everywhere and you need to pull them out if you want to be able to navigate your farm. I'm making over 100g a day just off of goddam maple seeds.

3. It's not even that lucrative.

I mean the concept is cool, but man, for the effort, it's just not worth it.
>>
>>164006154
I think part of the game design goals (talking out of my ass here) was to make it so you try different things, rather than fill your farm up with all of one thing to min/max cashola grinding.

It's definitely more fun... in my opinion... to run around and do different types of things on your farm, too.

Once I started ancient fruit jam/wine grinding I kinda burned out. At least I hit the end game stuff not long after that and I could happily put the game down.
>>
File: Hylics 29.12.2016 10_08_10.png (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 29.12.2016 10_08_10.png
77KB, 640x480px
Ha how cute. The cat in your house gets as many babies as you have people joined you.
>>
>>164006360

Yeah. It's clear that the community center is the path they want you to take, and completing it means you need to do pretty much everything. On top of that, the grandpa fucking disowning you because despite raising all crops, completing the museum, completing the community center, getting married and having two kids, raising all animals and producing all artisan products because you forgot to catch a laval eel was fucking idiotic.

I mean I hadn't played in months and I come back to see a patch added "specialist farms" and I'm like "Fuck yeah", but turns out the game is really not friendly to that. Hell, with the maple farm, I probably picked the worst way to do it.

Just wish I'd realized that before I'd sunk 20 hours into that playthrough. Hell, when I started, I was hesitating between the maple farm and the fishing farm. I really wish I'd gone with the second right now.
>>
>>164006815
>On top of that, the grandpa fucking disowning you because despite raising all crops, completing the museum, completing the community center, getting married and having two kids, raising all animals and producing all artisan products because you forgot to catch a laval eel was fucking idiotic
This quitter talk is why I disowned you.
>>
>>164006154
to me it seems that the tappers are a temporary thing. Put them all over your farm before you can ass yourself to cut them down, then use the syrups as materials to craft a ton of bee hives and other stuff.

A bee farm powered by a few flowers here and there can output a decent amount, and you don't need high tier sprinklers to pull it off.
>>
>>164007287

A bit late for that. If I feel like playing again, I'll likely just start a whole new playthrough.

I just wish the wiki was more specific about what kind of fish you can catch on the fishing farm.
>>
>>164007465
the fishing farm....doesn't actually help you fish. It's still the same drop table as the other farms, so you still need to go to the other areas like the ocean to fish stuff.
>>
>>164007585
That is beyond fucking retarded. The farm fishing loot table it literally nothing but trash.
>>
>>164007718
wait, is it? I started straight off with the mining farm, and the game treats it as a River....I think.

so you CAN fish things, just....not a whole lot. Not nearly worth the reduced farming space, etc.
>>
>>164007908

I just managed to find some info. Basically, the loot table for the river farm is the same as the town river, which is tiny as fuck. Seriously, looking at the new maps, the only one which isn't dumb as fuck is the wilderness one.

>Hill top
Oh boy oh boy, you get more stone! Isn't that just fucking fantastic? All you have to do is give up pretty much all your goddam space.
>River
Yay, give up even more space and you can get the worthless town loot table for fishing!
>Forest
You give up way less space, but what do you get? Well, some hard wood and a tiny chance to get some worthless foraging loot.

I don't know why the dev is being so anal about it. It's like he's an autistic completionist and the thought that someone might not want to do every single fucking thing in one playthrough makes him irrationally angry.
>>
>>164008468
it's mainly for the appearance. Vanilla Farm is the best from a minmax perspective.
>>
>>164008570
"Cosmetics" is indeed the only thing I see the other farms being picked for.
>>
In Underrail, is there any way to get rid of spider webs besides walking into them? In Gauntlet, sometimes there is no other way to get to shelves than going though them. At least I got traps for the spiders to step into.
>>
>>164009156
nope, but i think you can get the key from that map without getting trapped
>>
does binding of isaac still belong here? if so can i link my shitty stream of antibirth
>>
File: tumblr_ohxwbvSo2B1vfbw65o2_1280.png (20KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohxwbvSo2B1vfbw65o2_1280.png
20KB, 600x600px
>getting the fucking burrower map in the Gauntlet
>>
>>164009987
It's indie but I am not sure you will find a lot of people to watch here.
>>
/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!
>>
File: Hylics 29.12.2016 09_59_39.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 29.12.2016 09_59_39.webm
2MB, 640x480px
Play Hylics.
>>
File: teslagrad.png (376KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
teslagrad.png
376KB, 760x428px
I've been playing pic related recently, and while the art style is really great and gameplay is relatively smooth, I can't help but feel that the game rides on a cheap difficulty more than anything.

As everything in this game is a 1 hit kill, it becomes more about trial and error than anything else. Sure some sections can be conquered with relative ease, but the majority requires you to die a number of times to either understand the new mechanics brought into play or to get the timing of a room down. Death has little consequence, that's not the problem and the respawns are very generous, but it's getting more and more annoying in the long run. What's /indie/'s opinion on this?

>or I just suck at vidya
>>
>>164016845
Death as learning tool is ok as long as you don't have to run through the whole game again like during NES times and it does not end up like iwbtg games.
>>
>one exchange got changed from:
>Damn it, Ezra, don't do that anymore.
>We have an agreement. I will never again wait for you in front of a portal. *The corner of his lip twists into a barely noticeable smile.*
to
>Damn it, Ezra, don't do that anymore.
>We have an agreement. *The corner of his lip twists into a barely perceptible smile.*

Aw, but... aw. I loved that portal line. What was the problem with it? Why did it get the axe?
>>
>>164019497
Was this a jojo reference?
>>
>>164019397
Borders dangerously close to those things, anon.
>>
>>164019910
Welp how about you write the dev about this? Maybe he has some insight to why it is this way or maybe he just did random stuff.
>>
>>164019497
how do you people even find this stuff

do you run diffs on the files or something
>>
>>164020380
Yeah. I currently have version 1.0.0.0, version 1.0.0.7, version 1.0.1.4, version 1.0.1.8, version 1.0.1.0, and now version 1.0.2.2 installed.
>>
>>164020380
>>164020920
Er, but what I mean is, nah, I don't run diffs on the files. I just have an easy way to compare versions if I notice something has changed.
>>
>>164020920
can you do me a favor

make a save in 1.0.1.8 and paste the first 24 bytes of the save's global.dat as hex
>>
>>164021397
Sure. Normal or unpacked?
>>
>>164021397
Well, never mind, you can have both.

Normal:
F9 53 8B 83 1F 36 32 43 BA AE 0D 17 86 5D 08 54 54 B9 64 D9 45 00 00 00

Unpacked:
00 01 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0C 02 00 00 00 01 58
>>
File: lighter.png (6KB, 409x197px) Image search: [Google]
lighter.png
6KB, 409x197px
Anyone managed to find this thing? I've been going from merchant to merchant, but so far no dice. I'm beginning to think it is a quest item.
>>
>>163774627
So far from what I've seen there are no ROM characters in, but there's an article referring to Neo SanFran in her news feed. There's also a reference to the main character from Y2K in the shop.

>tfw you've put in too many hours to get a refund
>>
>>164005601
I thought you could pass through npcs?
>>
>>164006806
Who's the father though?
>>
>>164031658
Time
>>
OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED
IAMQQQQQQQ RE-UPLOADED CLASSIC GAME
AAAAAAAH!!!

VIDEO RELATED. 4CHAN THINKS THE LINK IS SPAM SO HERE'S WHERE IT GOT POSTED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzadxrooKHQ
>>
>>163960683
So. I can now with decent levels of certainty confirm that this two-headed abomination is NOT in:

Depot A
Bunker near Hanging Rat
Coretech Warehouse
Core City sewers
Core City abandoned sector
Panacea
Institute
DC toxic storage
or anywhere in or near the DC Mutagen research sector

Conclusion: I either forgot about a mutagen/mutant area, or I'm going the wrong way about this. Could it be that this is another Black Crawler situation and I should be on the look for a new location that just opened up instead of checking old ones? Or maybe this thing is quest-related?
>>
>>164025841

>Lights up a fireplace

Were there even any fireplaces in this game before the patch?
>>
>>164046761
I think "fireplace"' in this case refers mostly to barrels and shit. But I can't be sure, since I still haven't found that thing.
>>
>try out that battle brothers game posted in the thread
>2nd mission get wiped out by a goblin archer ambush while escorting a caravan
Wow
>>
File: 0a0.gif (2MB, 470x360px) Image search: [Google]
0a0.gif
2MB, 470x360px
AP reduction from Gunslinger feat will now properly affect only firearms
>mfw this fucked my e-pistol build
>mfw one turning tchort will be even more harder now because "lol 50% resistance to heat/energy"
>mfw
>>
>>164048723
Well, we knew it was only a matter of time. Much like your Faceless kill count finally getting added to the attitude calculation.
>>
Fuck the deep cavers holy shit, who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>164050816
I think it's pretty great. Why?
>>
>>164050816
>tfw didn't have any trouble with DC even on my first run
Feels good
>>
>>164000623
>You could make a christmas giveaway thread.
True, but the problem with those is that I'd like it to go to someone who'd actually play it. And preferably to someone who is not already hanging out with us here or in Underrail threads.

Well, I just found a decent enough host thread to post a code. I wonder if anyone will redeem it.
>>
>>164039737
It got taken down?
>>164031568
Nope yu can not they just all have really weird hitboxes. Like your own character is only the legs like you see on the savescreen and the rest is no collision fluff. In addition to that you have the collision box instantly move to whatever tile the npc moved even if they are slow.
>>
>>164006154
Probably doesn't help that your trees are a mess.
You need one space between all non-fruit trees and you can do a
xoxoxoxo
xxxxxxxx
xoxoxoxo
Like pattern to maximize your trees and make it both easier and faster to collect your syrups.
>>
>>164052750
Aaand it's gone in only 10 minutes. This went really well.
>>
I want to play stardew on linux. Is buying and playing on Steam the only choice? I went to the stardew website for 5 minutes and it's not even clear where to buy the game from. Absurd.
>>
File: 265470_20161229172856_1.png (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
265470_20161229172856_1.png
163KB, 1920x1080px
EtO doesn't get repetitive. Every level introduces a new mechanic to play with.
>>
File: WorriedTomoko.jpg (13KB, 206x98px) Image search: [Google]
WorriedTomoko.jpg
13KB, 206x98px
>>164050287
>Much like your Faceless kill count finally getting added to the attitude calculation.

Uh-oh. I killed some auto-hostile faceless outside Core City.
>>
>>164059505
I don't know how badly it affects the outcome though. Guess I could do a few rounds at the elevator fight with a 0 kill save to test it if you want.
>>
>>164061131
>tfw didn't do anything in the elevator fight, just stood there a waited for it
I thought this is what you were supposed to do?
>>
File: ok.jpg (22KB, 1266x705px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
22KB, 1266x705px
Randomly generated name.
>>
>>164052778
The site they use has links which expire after a certain period of time. I've managed to upload it to my Mega.nz account in the event that when I get my new computer I can still play CLASSIC GAME and record it. Computer is having some framerate issues with it at the moment so I need to wait until I get my new one in order to really dig into it.

Also I didn't know that Saint had an itch.io page. Nor did I know that Saint was Olvin Weplanis when I covered &&. Then again I have brain problems, I'm surprised I know how to breathe half the time. Only found out when I went onto Freenet to get to Saint's Freenet site. ONly reason I did that was SelfishDream covered more of Saint's games today, and there was one I wanted to play called Carcass, which was the one on his itch.io page, but I didn't know that unitl I got onto his Freenet page and I'm just really excited right now. So many neat things to play.
>>
>>164061213
Sure, if you have someone to fight for you. But if you turn on the Tchortists before Eidein could call the elevator, you will have to wait it out alone. If you have good stealth you can still wait it out, the Faceless guards will arrive to the elevator around 2/5, and they take position all around it, so hiding nearby until the elevator arrives is not that easy unless you have really good stealth.

By the way, I think they also added a check for this - whether you joined the Tchortists before the elevator fight. But I don't think it affects the calculation, it's just for fluff.
>>
>>163957838
>not taking the iron pill
>>
>>163983686
Steams downtime really turned me off Steam
>>
>>164006360
Its more fun to try a huge block of something at least for a season. Maybe not an entire maple farm, but even dedicating 1/5 of space is a hassle.
>>
Is he right? Was the Witness just an elaborate fuck you to gaming press and gamers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZokQov_aH0
>>
>>164062142
You can always play offline though.
>>
File: 1455213452878.jpg (8KB, 300x151px) Image search: [Google]
1455213452878.jpg
8KB, 300x151px
>>164047495
Can we put out barrel fires and other lightsources yet?
>>
>>164062597
The problem was family shared steamwork games dont work offline
>>
I'm playing Stardew Valley. I've had a coop for a while, no chickens. I just bought the big coop (for HM64 style incubation strats) and I went to buy a chicken that same day and it wouldn't let me. Can I not get animals in buildings under construction? Also if I upgrade to the deluxe coop later do I have to find someplace to put the chickens?
>>
>>164019497
Styg didn't like the sarcastic delivery. He felt it's not something Ezra would say, so it was toned down a bit.

>>164025841
>>164046761
It's just common junk. Start a new game and you'll find many, unless it was disabled for the public test branch. But know that there aren't any fireplaces yet.

>>164048723
Nobody likes the Gunslinger nerf, including other devs. Styg might add something new to both chemical and energy pistols.

>>164050287
>>164059505
>>164061131
Actually I'm not sure if the kill counter is checked at all yet.
>>
Anyone playing Stardew have a good suggestion for a portrait mod that is compatible with 1.1? The one I was planning on using hasn't been updated in forever and doesn't have the new characters.
>>
>>164063489
The upgrades are straight upgrades, more room, new feature, that sort of thing. The animals aren't bothered by it and won't be effected by it otherwise.
>>
>>164067884
>Actually I'm not sure if the kill counter is checked at all yet.

The calculation happens, but from the few tests I've done as far as I can tell that's it.

As for the counter:
0-5 Faceless killed: nothing
6-10: -1

Haven't done a higher kill count yet. But the -1 I got didn't get subtracted from my normal attitude value, it exists as a separate thing that doesn't seem to affect anything yet.
>>
>>163995316
the IDPD Inspector, senpai possibly getting some Eyes master race dick
>>
Does anyone know anything about twine? I want to make a short, simple choose your own adventure. Later a point and click but I guess that's not important right now.
>>
File: green is the color of.png (157KB, 232x442px) Image search: [Google]
green is the color of.png
157KB, 232x442px
A few more things I've noticed while playing, for those interested.

Batteries now have a new function: Recharge Object (Recharges a large energy storage object.) Hrm.

Also strange green marks showed up all over Underrail, at rather strategic places. The first time I saw one I couldn't decide what the fuck was I looking at, but they are everywhere. Very suspect. Which means... Can it be? Did Styg finally cave in to the demands of the casuals?

Fast travel confirmed?

And despite spotting a bunch of green scribbles on the floor, I still haven't run into a single two-headed mutant.
>>
File: ib.jpg (47KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
ib.jpg
47KB, 500x442px
>Ib figurines have vanished off the face of the earth
It would be pretty rad if anyone here could tell me where to get my hands on them.
>>
>>164076809
Not much. I once played around with it for a few minutes, but since I wanted a text adventure, not a CYOA, I quickly decided that TADS was the better option. It looked alright though. Had two versions if I remember correctly, but I don't remember what was the difference.
>>
Help me I'm stuck touring every merchant in the underrail for money for no reason.
>>
File: javaw 2016-12-30 00-13-06-90.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
javaw 2016-12-30 00-13-06-90.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Has /indie/ tried Balrum? It's a turn-based openworld RPG with crafting and farming/basebuilding elements. Combat is challenging and fun, at least as a mage. Any trash mob can wreck your shit if you're not careful.

It seems to be very long and slow-paced; I've been playing it during the holidays and I'm only level 7 after almost 3 months in-game. It also runs perfectly on my toaster laptop and doesn't use much battery, which is nice.
>>
>>163950486
If Tchort is a babby Leviathan then the player must be a babby Godmen. That would be only logical. Godmen fight Leviathan, Leviathans fight Godmen, why break the pattern now?

>>164067884
>sarcastic
It sounded like the friendliest thing Ezra ever said. Although even then
>it's not something Ezra would say
might still stand.
>>
>>164081727
well that would explain who the third godmen is
>>
Ezra is a shifty fuck yo.
Plus, his electronics selection sucks.
>>
>>164083208
Ezra? Shifty? Naaaaah.

>>164082527
But I no longer know who is the good guy and who is the bad guy here. So Oculus stole the Cube, check. But they did it only because Six ordered them to, many years ago. And the Six got outcoached and outplayed when Tanner didn't take the bait, and instead caused an earthquake. And then you kill a Leviathan. Because Tanner sent you to, and because Six told you to. So did Tanner win? Or did neither truly get what they wanted?

Fucking 4 dimensional chess, man.
>>
File: 265470_20161229231526_1.png (9KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
265470_20161229231526_1.png
9KB, 1920x1080px
That was Even the Ocean.

I've been calling it my GOTY, and it would be my GOTY if I hadn't remembered the Witness came out this year. It's not a huge game, Even the Ocean, but it's fun and breezy to play with a hard-hitting story to contrast. This was a big change from the devs' last game Anodyne, a game I loved.
>>
>>163572335
>Steel Zero

Can't find it. google does nothing. link to the game?
>>
>>164081079
Is this like runescape but turnbased?
>>
File: lojista.png (70KB, 272x288px) Image search: [Google]
lojista.png
70KB, 272x288px
>>164086178
http://steelzeroes.tumblr.com/post/152694197681/steelzeroes-the-demo-for-steel-zeroes-is-here
>>
>>164061587
>Olvin Weplanis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nV02UpKu-E
what the fuck is this
>>
>>164085232
>nothing could keep us apart, not Even the Ocean Analgesic Productions LLC
>>
>>164089670
what did they mean by this?
>>
File: 20161229214334_1.jpg (156KB, 1230x654px) Image search: [Google]
20161229214334_1.jpg
156KB, 1230x654px
>Gauntlet is pissing me off
>decide to try Expeditions Conquistador
>Make a harem team where I recruit nothing but girls even though this is probably going to fuck with my team's moral (you actions make members on your team happy or mad, and some of them have conflicting interests.)
>>
>>164090831
what's the gameplay like?
>>
File: 20161229220128_1.jpg (255KB, 1230x654px) Image search: [Google]
20161229220128_1.jpg
255KB, 1230x654px
>>164091060

Strategy RPG kind of game, you move you guys around on a hex based map and use guns and swords and stuff to kill your foes.

Outside of battles, you have a caravan that you travel around in. You have to make sure your team is fed, and there are sometimes events like natives trying to steal your food, or finding an injured man in the woods and you can help him or finish him off and steal his stuff. There are two main factions, the Aztecs and some other group that doesn't like them. You can help one and ally with them, or you can backstab them after they defeat the opposing group so you can steal all their gold and take it back to Spain.
>>
>>164089670
>>164090046
Maybe you're biggest enemy... is yourselve(S)
>>
File: Balrum-Exploring-Ruins[1].jpg (353KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Balrum-Exploring-Ruins[1].jpg
353KB, 1280x720px
>>164087196
Runescape? Hell no.

It's 2D isometric singleplayer RPG with optional home building and farming stuff. Skills don't increase by use; you gain learning points mainly by leveling up and need trainers to increase skill levels.
>>
>>163894838
>I am trying to remember where you got it. I think it was in weebaoo country.
I can't find the pineapple anywhere

I think I might cry
>>
>>164085232
I have yet to play it but I have no doubt the devs made another masterpiece even if it is different from the previous game. All that talent is impossible to just disapear which is why I hate how Aquaria devs never made a real new game.
>>
>>163863116
>>164093637
>Not grinding and buying every possible upgrade and accessory in a new town before progressing too far
Get ready to have your fake tits fondled.
>>
>>164080380
Do you know what manufacteur they are? You could check with the buyfag thread on /a/ or /jp/ in general.
>>
>>164094739
No I did that. I don't have any problem with the fight, you can just use items to win all the boss fights in this game (in this case, magnets make the boss go berserk which makes him a cakewalk)

I just somehow missed the pineapple and the only thing I can think of is that you might have to turn the hint guy off to get in the arcade at bakayarou or something?

it makes me sad cause I found most of the other secrets like the olive garden or the path that goes behind conker

I just wanted to stomp Sanic's guts out
>>
>>164095414
Fuck that Sonic Segment. I didnt notice the exit north and swam in that fucking ocean of TUDE for around 20 minutes wondering what te fuck to do. The entire Bubsy level was completely worth it for the final boss though. I love all the boss themes immensely.
>>
>>164095719
Sounds like you were too slow.
>>164095414
I had the hint guy on at all times and found it. Well I turned him off when I talked to him again in town but instantly turned it on again.
>>
>>164094784
Movic, I think.
>>
>>164096000
I have no idea how this even happened, I found everything else, even Genki's spare head

give me a hint or something
>>
>>164096164
I can't remember
Is there no walkthrough of the game online? Seemed to have a fandom to create one.
>>
>>164096230
>Is there no walkthrough of the game online? Seemed to have a fandom to create one.
it's still a demo and it hasn't been released as a full game yet so nobody really made one

it's actually pretty hard to even find coherent discussion about it that isn't just comment chains on the author's site or something

Actually I'm not sure that I know of any place that has coherent discussions about anything anymore
>>
>>164096439
Then a good way would be to use rpgm2k to open the games files and look at the action fields and orrespoding scripts.
I remember doing that when I played touhou-a-live without internet access when it threw 6 math questions at me.
>>
>>164096589
if I do this I will start being critical about the game design and I absolutely do not want to think critically about this game's design because it's one of the few videogames I can enjoy as a player

I have never been this unironically infatuated with a videogame character.
>>
File: 1482999068782.gif (2MB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
1482999068782.gif
2MB, 600x408px
>Completely forgot about getting Underrail for myself
>Spent about $450 on christmas gifts
>Christmas sale almost over
>Have no more money

Well fuck. That's alright, maybe next sale.
>>
>>164097210
>450$ on chrismtas gifts
Jesus. Why?
>>
File: 1422555316106[1].jpg (21KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
1422555316106[1].jpg
21KB, 252x291px
>>164098063
Why would you not spend at least $450 on christmas gifts?
>>
>>164098247
I spent 0 dollars on christmas gifts.

I think, ideally we would all spend 0 dollars on gifts and decorations and lighting fixtures, and instead we would just hang out with people and have some nice meals and stuff.
>>
>>164098247
I'm a student. I live a month on 450 bucks; rent included.
>>
Am I unable to play through easier levels in Darkest Dungeon? What am I supposed to do if I lose all my best characters when deep into the game and left with fresh-faced adventurers who can't take the stress? Go in light and abandon immediately, go back to the village and spend all the money I just made on restoring their stress?
>>
>>164098063
>my mom has been really stressed out due to problems with my sister
>buy her an xbox one and call of duty infinite warfare legacy edition since she loves call of duty 4 and needs something to do with her free time
>grandma is a little bitter with her life right now, but loves woodworking
>buy her a very good model handheld circular saw that can cut wood and metal, since i hate seeing her use a handsaw
>niece and nephew live with us because my sister is a piece of shit, they've never gotten much for christmas other than small toys
>buy them each their own xbox live account with 12 months of xbox live, and buy them both minecraft for those accounts since they love minecraft

I just want the people I care about to be happy. You should too. I'm scared to move out since I feel like my family would be really put off if I weren't here to help out.
>>
>>164100881
Tell your mom her niece and nephew blow her taste out of the water.
>>
>>164101225
I think CoD4 and Minecraft can both be fun. Not the kind of games I'd go for, but if I had to play one of them, I'd still enjoy it a reasonable amount.
>>
I find minecraft to be just insipidly boring when you could easily just make like

pretty much anything irl

draw a picture

write a book

build an actual thing
>>
>>164100881
clearly, you must mod minecraft so heavily it starts to look like first-person underrail.
>>
File: 1476298913129.jpg (36KB, 501x397px) Image search: [Google]
1476298913129.jpg
36KB, 501x397px
>>164098247
Autism. It's a hell of a drug. I take it every day because my genetics say that it's okay. The USA gives me money to pay for what I need to live through the day because when I came out of my mother's va-jay-jay I had Autism.
>>
>>164103259
>underrail mod for minecraft
I must have this in my life.
>>
Should I aim for Penny or Emily in Stardew?
>>
>>164105860
The one you like the personality of, in the end there's no difference.
>>
I like them both equally so far.
>>
File: 20161230073258_1.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161230073258_1.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
I guess you could say this treasure room was a

bummer
>>
File: faceless medallion.png (6KB, 433x233px) Image search: [Google]
faceless medallion.png
6KB, 433x233px
>>164079346
Now where have I seen that symbol before?
>>
File: more scribbles.png (51KB, 242x336px) Image search: [Google]
more scribbles.png
51KB, 242x336px
>>164109732
No, this is something different. Looks more like this.
Also, found two more. This is definitely going to be some kind of teleport gate fast travel system, I feel it.

And still no fucking mutant. This is getting comical.
>>
>>164079346
>>164113909
I'm so happy to see players who know every nook and cranny of Underrail by heart and actually play the game. Looks like you have found half of the teleport rifts already. Meanwhile codexers are just shitposting about lack of fast travel. Priceless.
>>
>>164116341
>teleport rifts
for what porpoise
>>
>>164117374
You'll see when the expansion is released.
>>
>>164116341
>teleport rifts
Will they be something exclusive to a faction or to psi users?
>>
>>164117641
No.
>>
>>164117374
I think it's a good idea. It wasn't necessary, but it should help with all the constant whining about walking speed and lack of map. And if we must have fast travel, I rather have this Morrowind/Gothic style "find it for yourself" kind. It's acceptable compromise.
>>
>>164117612
are you saying that the expansion questline ties into the main game world and there would be an uncomfortable amount of backtracking
>>
>>164118087

I don't think it's so bad, the railrail and docks are pretty much the same thing, except you have to pay to fast travel to those places.
>>
>>164113909
>This is definitely going to be some kind of teleport gate fast travel system, I feel it.
I hope you're wrong. I hate fast travel systems like that.

Being able to travel between all major settlements via boats/trains is perfectly fine.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>164116341
>teleport rifts
My PC won't interact with anything that has anything to do with psi AIDS.

Whati if it's contagious? I ain't catching that shit. I'd rather walk, thank you.
>>
>>164116341
>Meanwhile codexers are just shitposting about lack of fast travel.
Codexers are retarded.

I still remember that one guy who complained about the new psi school because time manipulation is not an established part of the setting.
>>
>>164121745
That was pure gold. I reread it like 5 times to fully savor it,
>>
>>164121509
But Psi AIDS is not psi itself, it's the redpill that gives you AIDS in exchange for forcefully disabling the inhibitor. Your PC is already infected with psi, it's in your DNA.
>>
File: CKIDS.png (195KB, 1214x677px) Image search: [Google]
CKIDS.png
195KB, 1214x677px
Just wanted to recommend Catacomb kids, been following the game for a while and it finally got a large new update, it's a roguelike platformer with lots of physics based interactions and item interactions. Can be a bit too difficult at times and has a difficult learning curve since a lot of the features are hidden and there's not a lot of information online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YpFZcSD3Z0
>>
>>164122927
I can at least cut the losses then. Superinfection and all that.
>>
>>164123001
>it's a roguelike
no it isn't
>>
Are there any /indie/ tier car racing games?
>>
In Stardew Valley, if you re-do your evaluation after the initial one, can you still obtain the statue of perfection?
>>
>>163639121
I just finished Hotline Miami and it reminds me of OFF (but with better gameplay)
>>
File: 271820_20161129023820_1.png (973KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161129023820_1.png
973KB, 1920x1080px
>>164131650
>I just finished Hotline Miami and it reminds me of OFF
>>
>>164131650
How
>>
>>164124173
Here's indie kart racer crossover game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/323670/
>>
>>164136909
>that 'retro' filter
MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>164123001
I've been eyeing this for a while but was unsure, glad to see a rec for it
>>
>>164118087
What's the point of using psi for that stuff. Might as well just have a daggerfall system where you can get interrupted by encounters and also automatically incur fees on top of boat fees.

Mark and recall out of dungeons is just as poor design as the loops in nuBethesda.
Just add an escape rope function or make backtracking worthwhile.
>>
File: 20160509210419_1.jpg (105KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160509210419_1.jpg
105KB, 1600x900px
Fishing for bumps.
>>
File: eye.png (36KB, 134x176px) Image search: [Google]
eye.png
36KB, 134x176px
I like this new eye cursor. Although not much uses it yet. So far I've only seen it with this one pillar, and Tchort's corpse.

>>164141941
What do you mean using psi? I don't think this is anything like mark and recall, this is a portal system you'll have to activate somehow and probably find the individual portals one by one before you can use them. This is like Morrowind's propylons or Gothic 2's portals on Jharkendar.

It is only different from the already existing boat/train system in flavor and you probably having to work to unlock it.
>>
>>164113909
>fast travel rifts
But why.
25charons is chump change.
>>
>>164146953
>mysterious pillars watch you
I've only found them in silents isle so far and they did nothing.
Maybe that's because I dumped will.
>>
File: stop hanging out with that guy.png (239KB, 1107x207px) Image search: [Google]
stop hanging out with that guy.png
239KB, 1107x207px
AZIIIIIF
Not you too. Being a cunt can't be contagious.

>>164148372
The secrets of the pillars are for AIDS patients only.
>>
>>164146953
Reminds me of old point and click adventures with all the special commands that made for both hilarious funny ton of extra dialogue and horrible puzzle logic solving.
>>
What's indie playing these days (aside from underrail)?
Been playing Apatheon after dropping Teslagrad and it's been a pretty nice experience so far. Hit detection seems a bit off every now and then but so far it's fun (and really beautifull ofcource).
>>
File: best genre.png (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best genre.png
114KB, 640x480px
>>164149475
Hah, yeah, now that you mention it does give me pnc vibes. Maybe that's the reason I like it. I miss this genre so much, shame there are so very few developers left who still bother with it, and actually produce something worthwhile.

They were atmospheric as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qs0YsmXcSU
>>
>>164150679
About to play VA-11 Hall-A for the first time.
>>
>>164151969
I've been meaning to pick it up as well, seems comfy and humerous. Let me know if you like it.
>>
File: 2013-12-07_00001.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2013-12-07_00001.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>164151968
>shame there are so very few developers left who still bother with it, and actually produce something worthwhile.
Dude what? Point&Click Adventures are the classic genre next to jump&runs that made a huge comeback with a steady flow of new quality titles with the steam era.
>>
File: Mother Russia.png (60KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
Mother Russia.png
60KB, 544x416px
Adding a side chapter where you help Russians uncover an ancient evil
>>
>>164152757
Wadjet Eye is making alright games, although Wormwood makes their best stuff and they release very rarely. Daedalic made some promising stuff with Deponia and Memoria in particular, but they are doing some questionable shit lately, branching out into the rpg market, doing novel adaptations, and whatever the fuck Silence was meant to be. Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road was a complete and total failure and disgrace to the genre, and they already went bankrupt. Heroine's Quest was cool, and more importantly free, and I have no doubts Gilbert is going to deliver with his new game.

I don't know, it could be worse, but the genre is hardly experiencing some kind of second golden age. Telltale interactive movies are thriving, and almost every other studio is putting out 2 hour long puzzle-less shit. It's incredible that Underrail's mutagen puzzle is about the most hardcore puzzle to come out of an rpg or a pnc in more than a decade.
>>
>>164150679
Satellite reign, Door kickers.
>>
>>164153206
Btw, is there anything anyone would like to see in this next update?
>>
>>164146953
>I like this new eye cursor. Although not much uses it yet.
It's the interaction cursor for looking at something rather than using it. It's pretty much everywhere because of security camera screens.
>>
>>164153854
I never heard of those except daedalic. You are missing a huge chunk of the new spring of the genre.
>>
>>164155745
Ah yeah, I forgot the security monitors. My point was mainly that it's a bit inconsistent at this point. The sewer pillars have it, but not the ones on Silent Isle or in Labyrinth, or the Mainframe or Monolith. The alien consoles? You don't use those either, only check out. What about the mask fragments? That doesn't use the eye either.
>>
>>164156965
Good points all around. You should tell Styg about it.
>>
>>164160043
Ha ha, no fucking way in hell. Look, I love this game. But I'm not making an account. I'm sure others will notice it anyway.
>>
>>164160693
Weird thing to say no to.
>>
>>164162728
Not him, but it's not a bad principle. You have to admit that registrations are shit concept and should be deprecated whenever possible. Ubiquitous registration-free anonymous services would be the perfect internet utopia.

No more security issues for end users due to shitty websites getting their database hacked, no more coming up with unique passwords everywhere. All discussion would be more focused on actual topics, or at least offtopic shitposting, but most importantly not user egos.
>>
>>164155484
which game is this again?
>>
>>164162728
Don't forget where we are. Some people value secrecy over glory and understand the advantage of the defensive cover of anonymity.
>>
>>164168258
But are they truly ready to begin climbing the cliffs of trascendence?
>>
>>164168258
I do too. I never make an account if I don't have to.
But not to the point of not communicating on a vidya forum when I have dummy mails for that.
>>
File: offlinemiami.png (58KB, 570x1500px) Image search: [Google]
offlinemiami.png
58KB, 570x1500px
>>164135452
>>164136791
Vague backstory, interesting soundtrack, morally questionable pc. For sure they have different atmospheres though
>>
>>164153206
How big is it going to be? Also is it just me or has 4chan removed the (you) in replies?
>>
>>164172927
not if you use 4chan X
>>
>>164169782
The player character in OFF is a facsimile of the protagonist's father used as an analog for his own id. There is no "moral" questionability because it represents merely the potential of the child to choose his own death, it is only the player that actually makes that choice.
>>
>>164121509
>My PC won't interact with anything that has anything to do with psi AIDS.
psychic powers exist irl as a result of time being omnipresent
all future potentialities exist simultaneously and have relation to past realities, and our perception of time is only the selective elimination of quantum uncertainties as we proceed down the path, because of this the perception of reality dictates it's future form and psi is something that manifests in the reality you live in and the denial of such is merely the limit of your own potential
>>
File: millynew.png (21KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
millynew.png
21KB, 192x192px
>>164164775
DashBored.
>>164172927
This will be the biggest update yet, bigger than the Halloween Update.
It'll include
>New ending, with its own branching path
>3 new dungeons
>New sidequest that'll affect the ending
>Bunch of backstory in the form of collectable memories
>whole bunch of new enemies
>Redid a few boss battles to make them more interesting/unique
>Much, Much more Nash
>Tattle move that will let you learn stats an info on enemies

and yeah I think they did remove the (you)s.
Weird, they were kinda helpful
>>
>>164174709
Glad to hear it, I bought it and played on release and thought it was a little lacking. Great to hear you're adding a bunch more
>>
>>164174709
but what about justice

justice is the most important thing to me
>>
>>164176147
Is justice a new character?
>>
>>164009987
Im playing Antibirth right now, I'd watch
>>
>>164176248
let justice into your life anon

justice will purify you and your enemies
>>
>>164177525
But I already stand proud with my purity.
>>
>>164179117
Is that a jojo reference?
>>
>>164180654
Anon please
>>
>>164181393
For once that meme's not wrong though.
>>
File: 20161230223745_1.jpg (180KB, 1264x620px) Image search: [Google]
20161230223745_1.jpg
180KB, 1264x620px
>>164150679

Expeditions: Conquistador. This mission on the east side of the island where you fight 8 natives is kicking my ass, so I'm just wandering around trying to buff up my troops by buying equipment for them.

I remembered something I didn't like about it. You only get a limited amount of experience points to distribute among your team, so if you don't spend them wisely, it can come back to bite you in the butt. I hope they have a different experience system in the Viking game they're making.

After that, I'll probably try out the demo for Lisa the Pointless, then try out Dashbored, and then go back to finishing my crossbow run for Underrail and leave it alone until the expansion hits, so I can start up a psi-guy and enjoy the new content.

>>164153206

Would this ancient evil be of a recently awoken variety?
>>
>>164183975
>Would this ancient evil be of a recently awoken variety?
yeah
>>
Bumpo
>>
Is Styg human?
>>
File: 20161231004729_1.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161231004729_1.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>164152056
So I've played for a bit.
Can't remember the last time a game actually managed to put me in a drinking mood. I mean, no shit, it's a VN about bartending, right? But it's really comfy and relaxing. Also, the music's nice.

I do see what >>163775583 meant by "the devs of this game frequent 4chan", though. But right now it mostly seems to be limited to the in-game message board.
>>
>>164155745
Technically, the observe cursor is meant only for actions that will never interrupt flow of gameplay (popup text descriptions and visuals like monitor/vent views) and it also won't use AP unlike using/interacting.

>>164156965
Thanks, I mentioned this to Styg. There will be more cursor changes coming and the devs will have to go through much of the game to make them all consistent. For now, the inconsistencies shouldn't have any gameplay effect.
>>
File: 1463872126464.jpg (11KB, 621x448px) Image search: [Google]
1463872126464.jpg
11KB, 621x448px
>>164123001
It's not a rogue-like. Rogue-likes must be like Rogue. They must be turn-based, the game must move when you move, there must be procedural generation, and there must be permadeath. Something like Road Not Taken is more of a Rogue-like than Catacomb Kids is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRtpid1eedg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRtpid1eedg

You use a magic staff that levitates things to solve puzzles so you can rescue children trapped in a snow storm. There is procedural generation, the game only moves when you do, and there is permadeath that can only be escaped by giving an offering to the spirits at a certain shrine, which appears at random while you are out in the wilderness.

Catacomb Kids from what I played of it was a platformer that tried to be like Dark Souls then claimed it was like Rogue. I got a refund because I felt lied to. It's not a Rogue-like. It's not like Rogue.

FUCK EDMUND MCMILLAN FOR STARTING THE MEME OF MISAPPROPIATING THE WORD ROGUE-LIKE.
>>
File: 1469256774297.jpg (27KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469256774297.jpg
27KB, 600x498px
>>164193069
Did not mean to post itt twice. I am in a lot of pain right now. Threw out my back. Send vicodin and a Sugar Star from Bad Dragon.
>>
>>164193168
Doesn't bad dragon make dragon dildoes?
how would that help relax.
>>
>>164193069
God bless the roguelike autism.
We are the shining warriors that keep the genre from getting corrupted.
>>
>>164174709
>have desire to play game
>dev just keeps updating with content so I wait till he is done
Weird feeling.
>>
>>164193069
The worst offender is Cataclysm. It's Rogue-like but it's not a Roguelike. All those /rlg/ fuckers didn't guard fro mthat game so now everyone things its a roguelike

Fucking normies runing RPGs like Dragon Age and taking away all the real games
>>
>>164193819
Darkest Dungeon syndrome.
>>
>>164193731
They make pocket pussies too. Sugar Star is pocket horse pussy. Look, I'm Black Tea Recluse, it should be common knowledge that I want to stick my dick in horse vagina.

>>164193741
Something like that, yeah. Still, fuck Edmund McMillan and any indie dev that calls their platformer or twin stick shooter a rogue-like. They are cancer.

>>164193907
All i know about Cataclysm is someone stole the source from someone at Bay 12 Games or something. I just know that there was some theft going on in it's production and I'd like to not go near it with a 36" horse penis dildo.
>>
>>164194107
>Black Tea Recluse
Yes, even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly.
>>
>>164194529
Sounds like something from Hylics. I still have no idea how to progress in that game.
>>
>>164194641
Seriously, anon? Mass naked child events?
>>
>>164194829
The fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>164194641
You collect the characters and beat stuff. It's like space funeral and that it looks and sounds strange but is a fairly standard jrpg under the cover.
>>
>>164194980
Where do you get them?
>>
>>164194963
This anon is defective. Bring me a new one.
>>
File: 1472536937738.jpg (16KB, 448x332px) Image search: [Google]
1472536937738.jpg
16KB, 448x332px
>>164195060
>>
>>164195038
Keep in mind that not all text is randomized. Key information will always be given to you when needed. The guy outside your house tells you that someone is waiting in the city in the north east. That city and the infested teleporter are the only things you can go to on the world map.
>>
File: 1470235302203.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470235302203.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>164195397
Okay. Thank you.
>>
File: Hylics 29.12.2016 09_36_20.png (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 29.12.2016 09_36_20.png
95KB, 640x480px
This things hitbox is halarious. It's just as small as normal npcs and Wayne.
>>
>>164174465
That's exactly what a psi fag would say.

Sounds like some gay shit to me.
>>
>>164200649
Sounds like the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics to me. Every event creates a new branch of the universe, but the branches do not normally interact with each other.
>>
>>164189939
It says under his name that he is a Faceless.
>>
>>164204620
DELET THIS
>>
>>164200981
What is an event? Only thing that have any realistic chance of happening, or literally anything goes? For example in this many-worlds theory, would the possibility that there is a pencil in front of me that I could grab any time and stab myself in the heart create a new branch where I really do, even though I have zero intention of doing it?
>>
>>164205439
That would be already be a long chain of countless events. Do not think of events on human scale. Do not try to comprehend the number of universes MWI posits
>>
BOO
>>
>>164209579
/indie/, Ghostly Thread has risen and is haunting the board!
>>
>give penny some wine in Stardew Valley
>she hates it

you know, in hindsight, that makes a lot of sense

Also, I had a fairy flower that had a gold star, but the gold star was growing and shrinking, which Ive never seen before. What does that mean?
>>
File: Hylics 31.12.2016 17_49_21.png (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hylics 31.12.2016 17_49_21.png
90KB, 640x480px
>just now realized that you getting meat to grind for HP in Hylics is a pun on grinding in RPGs
>>
>>164155484
milly misplaced
>>
>>164200587
I imagine you're just crawling all in its tentacles because of that.
>>
File: ms.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
https://thecatamites.itch.io/mystery-channel
>>
>>164221268
Yeah I first was evading it like widl while trying to get the 4 treasure chests around it then I saw I touched me and did nothing and just walked casually. Then sudenly battle begin, what a ride.
>>
Hey epeli, you might be interested in knowing that repeatedly clicking on the same inmail again and again will keep increasing this value indefinitely.

Heh, playing with this debug thing running in the background is actually pretty interesting. Thanks for mentioning it the other time.
>>
>Small Radios Big Televisions
Is this any good
>>
File: 1477909178589.jpg (105KB, 472x431px) Image search: [Google]
1477909178589.jpg
105KB, 472x431px
>>164215379
>tfw zones being wiped out in Off is a commentary on how a completed area in an RPG functionally doesnt exist past that point
>>
>>164228235
Wiped areas in OFF are valuable grindspots though.
>>
>>164228531
Exactly, nothing but mobs to grind. The people basically stop living
>>
>>164229267
Having high level mobs to grind is a purpose in the sense of gamedesign though.
>>
>>164228531
Why would you need to grind in Off? It's not really a hard game after all.
>>
>>164234032
I remember doing it to get through the wiped zone and see everything there is. I could not survive there without a roud of grind and then go all the way.
>>
>>164237242
Oh hey the (you)s are back.
>>
>>164239227
How cancerous.
>>
>>164239487
It's a good feature, how is that bad.
>>
>>164239951
A bad clture developed around it. The ... under the post number did the same job without the culture.
>>
>>164240297
But if a bunch of posts fill up and you lose track of what comment you've made then it takes so long to find who's even talking to you. It's a lot more efficiant to just highlight responses to you than not I think.
>>
I'm really bad at Gungeon and I wanna blame it on not having a good keyboard/mouse. :/
>>
I can't get into Gungeon or NT. Health pickups are too scarce.
>>
>>164244357
Gotta practice your dodging technique, anon.
>>
>>164244357
Bob and weave. And don't take Melee for granted.
>>
File: 20161231162446_1.jpg (317KB, 1286x696px) Image search: [Google]
20161231162446_1.jpg
317KB, 1286x696px
Gave in and decided to promote two of my girls and used supplies to make some traps and barriers. I hope they can fuck up these natives now. Feels kind of weird, since I got Taino blood, but now I'm playing a game where I kill off my ancestors kek.
>>
File: 20161231163809_1.jpg (316KB, 1286x696px) Image search: [Google]
20161231163809_1.jpg
316KB, 1286x696px
>>164249653

Dang, went a lot better than last time. I kept getting my ass handed to me.
>>
Did they finally release new underrail patch on gog or still not?
>>
>>164241959
Then use 4chanX you faggot, or edit native's CSS yourself. Native default (You)'s enable baiting, ymwdihs, and other shitposting by the underage newfag masses that have been flooding this site for the past several years.
Banning phoneposters helped but more needs to be done
>>
>>164250774
GOG patches are only on one day of the week, I think Monday
>>
>>164251783
So what you're saying is that because other people are acting stupid they should remove a useful feature of the website and must download what I'm assuming is a third pary software in order to have said feature enabled again?
>>
>>164252792
4chan X is much better than the native extension
>>
>>164250774
Don't they have NY holidays or something?
>>
>>164240297
>The ... under the post number did the same job
No, it did not. You can't search for a piece of formatting like you can for (you). It's a good feature despite stupid memes.
>>
>>164250774
It was released simultaneously on GOG.

But it is on experimental branch only so you need GOG Galaxy to get it, GOG offers standalone installers only for the main branches of their games
>>
>>164250774
The patch is still being tested, it isn't really out yet. The devllog mentioned how to get access to it.
>>
>>164205439
The answer is that you've already both done it and not done it. If you think of it as a tree that spills endlessly out from the root, then the entire tree is already there, and you're just picking a route from root to tip. You can only go forwards so once you're on a certain branch you can't go back and choose a different one, you can't skip across to another branch, because a different version of you is already there.

On the other hand, understand that time is something that only exists within our perception because that's how we operate as a thinking machine, the progress along that line, perceiving "cause and effect" is where we build our memories and sense of awareness.

There are however, theoretical types of radiation that move backwards in "time" or means by which time can be perceived to progress at different rates in the same universe for us as observers. The future already exists, and in all it's states influences the past, but this is not cause and effect, instead it's sort of like a math equation that is already solved.

Nothing we can do can change what's already happened, because going backwards would be like taking apart our own brain and assuming a different identity that exists in a different potential reality, even if we could do that, that person already exists at that reality before we get there. All reality is predestined because destiny contains all possibilities in a network that supports each other reality's existence.

The small comfort in this is that in progressing through the path, each of us will reach our own end point on this tree, in the universe we chose, and from there will spread an entirely new tree containing another set of infinite possibilities, and we will travel down these roads forever. Every kalpa gives us a new opportunity to choose our destiny, gathering small amounts of memory and knowledge to carry over until...

Well, until something. Buddha suggests that the goal is to no longer exist.
>>
Havent played BloodLust Shadowhunter but it looks like the indie VtM Bloodlines
>>
>>164257884
It's based on OWoD?
>>
>Darkest Dungeon
>Have 12k gold
>Spend 10k on gear
>Fail horribly, make 1k
>Spend 3k on gear
>make 10k in gold
it's a vicious cycle
>>
File: 0w4QOS4.jpg (285KB, 1098x1379px) Image search: [Google]
0w4QOS4.jpg
285KB, 1098x1379px
>>164258894
Remind yourself
>>
>>164258059
Its a one man team, I doubt it. At most its inspired by
>>
Goat Simulator came out in 2014, why did it beat out Stardew Valley which actually came out in current year?
Steam awards are shit
>>
>>164260849
>Hotline Miami didn't even get nominated for the farm animal award

Sad.
>>
File: 22646744500_ac9b039416_b.jpg (177KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
22646744500_ac9b039416_b.jpg
177KB, 1024x723px
What are you playing on the New Year /indie/? For me it's same as last year.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178KB, 1920x1979px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178KB, 1920x1979px
>>163572024
Stopping in just to say that FTL can go fuck itself. That unmoddable RNG rogue bullshit wasn't even worth the $3 I got it in the fucking steam sale. Already bitched in the wrong general about it.

>>164261667
>>164264837

Is there anything made with the Game Maker "engine" that isn't a piece of shit? Is it the engine itself or does it just attract the most autistic retarded "devs".
>>
>>164265090
Wow, you have some serious anger management issues.

FTL is not made in Flash nor Game Maker. What made you think so?

It's not hard to mod either. There's even a easy-to-use mod manager http://ftlgame.com/mods.html

Sure it has some RNG like any other roguelike worth its salt, but it's fairly easy to win.

Sorry mate, but your posts paint a picture of angry retard.
>>
Happy New Year /indie/.
>>
Happy new year dorks.
>>
File: 0portrait_twinsoftLOU2.png (150KB, 254x416px) Image search: [Google]
0portrait_twinsoftLOU2.png
150KB, 254x416px
>accidentally spilled the beans about working on a game to my parents
>they want to play it

In a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked am I?
>>
File: tumblr_oj14lkd8ux1tl8sedo1_540.png (98KB, 540x432px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj14lkd8ux1tl8sedo1_540.png
98KB, 540x432px
>>164273178

I don't know, the demo kind of seemed like the Shantae in terms of lewdness/innuendo.
>>
>>164273178
Are you implying you're not comfortable with your own artwork? Tell them you're working with an artist.

Though, that would make your part on the game less impressive since art is the only thing it has going on.

Choices and consequences!
>>
File: nitw.png (203KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nitw.png
203KB, 500x500px
This is the year of Night in the Woods
>>
>751 / 158 / 119 / 10
New bread when
>>
>>164276932
Here
>>
>>164273178
you could make another version that you think would be appropriate for them.
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 159

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.