[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Fresh Air Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 774
Thread images: 120

File: 1476145700752.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1476145700752.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
Previous thread: >> 162734349

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==<
OP text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!): https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op
Modding FAQ: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
Server list: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZ4nkhea5nXdERzVXFWVFp1SEN5SjM2WnNwVjZPUEE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0
/mcg/ IRC circlejerk channel: #/mcg/ on Rizon
Skype Apiary: https://join.skype.com/xEyegIrtgwMO
Curse Modpack Downloader: https://github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
DL from Releases, Unpack, follow directions of the readme!

>==[News]==<
Minecraft 1.11 snapshots and Minecraft for W10 released. Nobody cares.
New features to be announced at Minecon.
FyberOptic already ported the modloader "Meddle" to 1.11.
Better with Mods released: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/246760-better-with-mods
An anon released a "diet" Natura fork: https://github.com/Rukachan/Nature
Thaumcraft Golems retextured as Maids soon.
Baubles Minus Botania, Thaumic Bases forks found here: https://github.com/KryptonCaptain
Asie is working on a completely open community-driven mapping project for Minecraft modding.
Check it out here: https://github.com/FabricMC
TRAINCRAFT IS FUCKING OUT FOR 1.7.10 CHOO CHOO https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft
1.10 is still shit.
GoG Alpha for 1.10.2 is available https://github.com/DoctorWiggles/GrimoireOfGaia/releases/tag/1.4.0-ALPHA
>>
File: 1465211174496.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1465211174496.png
6KB, 377x330px
First for Spurdo
>>
2nd for op is a faggot
>>162734349
>>
Second for IGLIM, bet diet food mod outhere.
:--------DDDDDD
>>
File: 2016-12-17_19.59.10.png (703KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_19.59.10.png
703KB, 1366x705px
>shader keeps the glass reflection

nice. Now I really want to build and adventure map with chisel and bits
>>
File: 2016-12-17_13.53.10.png (262KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_13.53.10.png
262KB, 925x530px
So this happened. I went atop the tree and suddenly it started to shed some of its leaves, going into this shape. Did EBXL update or do Fir trees do this commonly?
>>
>>163008519
Isn't Cooking For Blockheads made to use with Fatcraft? Like isn't that the point of the tool racks and stuff, to hold the Pam's tools for cooking with?

What's that one mod that lets you grow shit like making rice paddies, and hops plants with the need to have trellises for the climbing vines to grow up and such? And you could make a keg and brew alcohol.
It was like growthcraft or harvestcraft or something.
>>
>>163009976
That's Growthcraft. If you want to get it, get an older version, because they added a ton of retarded shit recently.
>>
What modpack would you personally like to see hosted on a server? What modpack would you play on?
>>
>>163010148
Is the older version compatible with 1.7.10?
>>
>>163010332
my own
one that includes every mod I have plus all the ones everyone else playing finds interesting
playing my own modpack is pretty insular and I like discovering new mods
>>
>>163010480
I have a relative that wants to host a server for this audience...
I want to know because we want a well amount of players ))
>>
1.10.2 serb when?
>>
>>163010467
Yes, just make sure you get a version after the community takeover. There was a crashy bug when the original author left. The community versions fixed it, but soon they started adding random bloat. Look for the changelogs and shit if you feel like.
>>
File: what the hell fag.jpg (165KB, 638x1000px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell fag.jpg
165KB, 638x1000px
where do I get the best technic/industry modpacks lads?
>>
>>163011609
tekkit
>>
>>163011609
The one you make yourself
>>
>>163011609
From your own mind, make it self.
>>
>>163011974
>>163012043
Boy I sure enjoy tweaking the configs and fixing bugs for 20 hours instead of playing an already made pack!
>>
>>163014193
Boy, you sure do like complaining on an Inuit water reflection image board instead of using Google to spoon feed you.
>>
Is there a way to for example generate a 1000x1000 block area in journeymap or some other program that would allow me to observe it quicker?
>>
>>163015115
have fun fixing incopatibilities with google
>>
File: 2016-12-17_14.34.03.png (251KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_14.34.03.png
251KB, 925x530px
>>
>>163011139
What do you mean by random bloat?
I just want the comfy farms and alcohol.

Been thinking about making my own, mostly want a magic focuses thing, but I definetly want to have

>TiCon with Iguana Tweaks
>Thaumcraft
>Blood Magic
>Witchery
>Mystcraft
>Twilight Forest
>Immersive Engineering
>Flaxbeard's Steampower
>all those little minimods that add more compatibility between Thaumcraft and the other mods
>Chisel, carpenters block and Bibliocraft for 'tism
>Cogs of the Machine (I haven't heard much about it but I saw it in one of the modpacks I played before and it looks interesting)
>Traincraft

What do you think of that list of mods?

Does Natura add more biomes? I think it at least adds Nether biomes doesn't it?

There was this one mod that I forget what it was called, changed up terrain generation a bit, made all the rivers actually have a current instead of being stagnant water, let things like waterfalls and caves that go through hills with a river in the middle and such, rivers would start with tributaries and merge to make bigger rivers and such, it was really neat.

Are there any other mods that would fit this theme well? Maybe a nice airship mod? I haven't kept track of most of those other than back when you could make a giant airship in Redpower using frame motors.
Any good mods for water ships either?

Is there anything like Redpower again with the frame motors and such that I can couple with computercraft to make intricate things like automatic drawbridges and vault doors and such?

Are there any ore generation mods that make things occur in like deposits and such so I actually have a reason to be using my trains and airships and boats?

How hard is it to make a custom mod pack easy to distribute so friends can host servers and play with me?
>>
>>163009712
Aw shit are those the runes from Eternal Darkness?
>>
>>163014193
where the fuck do people get the idea that its like a fucking slog to make your own modpack?

it isn't. It fucking is not. YOU pick what YOU want, end of story. If you don't want a mod because you don't like its face there is no reason to have it. If you find something breaks your pack you are entirely in your right to drop it.
If you don't want thirteen kinds of copper and tin, don't make a kitchen sink. Make something focused on whatever the fuck topic you want. Or fucking turn off the ones you don't want, everything uses the oredictionary these days. Every config is yours to tweak to your desire, which doesn't take any fucking effort at all. Right click, open with Notepad. Get notepad++, same fucking thing, only its basically notepad with tabs and the ability to view a clone of the same text file and look at two different parts at the same time.

If you find hey this mod's balance isn't what I want, it probably has an option to change that thing. If it doesn't Minetweaker is a thing which works with a plethora of mods.

If you are having trouble making a pack and want to know how to do Thing X, ask the thread.

its not fucking hard. Its only time consuming if you turn it into a job you have to slave at for days. Take a break, do something else, go back to it later.
>>
>>163018043
Brewing has always been in Growthcraft, but the community version has been adding shit like cheese, ice cream, and even crowbars for some reason (I only heard anons talking about it here, haven't updated to that myself). But it's probably best to try it yourself.

As for the mods
>Iguana Tweaks
isn't my cup of tea really.
>Traincraft
Get Railcraft as well.
>Natura
No, it only adds trees and plants and such. No biomes.
>made all the rivers actually have a current
Streams mod.
>Maybe a nice airship mod?
Archimedes' Ships is alright.
>Redpower frames
Remain in Motion. There are others but this is the one I like most.
>ore generation mods
Check out CustomOreGen. COFHCore can do it too, but a bit more complicated.

The rest is good. I'd add Buildcraft too for dem pupes, could be too much tech but you already have IE and trains.
>>
>>163019023
How hard is it to make a mod-mod, like Iguana Tweaks or those mini-mod things modpacks add to increase the compatibility between their mods and make the pack run smoothly? I have two different mods that add steam, which is made in boilers, travels in pipes and as far as I know is treated like a liquid, but I'm not sure if the two systems are compatible with eachother at all.
>>
File: 2016-12-17_23.53.24.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_23.53.24.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
29th for intellectual engineering
>>
>>163018043
Random bloat like the entire Milk module, which is impossible to understand.

No PROPER FUCKING ROUNDING for 333.3(repeating) in its own containers for making cheese/yogurt/whatever.

Some kind of water bag added to the core module which is a pain in the dick to even check its recipe. With every dye colour.

Every colour crowbar you could ever need for all zero things in the mod that need a crowbar.

Microcrafting steps to making booze via Yeast, which is utterly obtuse like everything they've added to booze.

Rice paddies for the longest time didn't work with Agricraft installed. Agricraft's dev created an option in HIS mod allowing you to sneak-click to make his mod's rice paddies, which meant Growthcraft could make rice paddies AT ALL. Additionally, Growthcraft's rice paddies only work with vanilla shovels. For some reason.

The developers even fucking state when people open issues that there is NO DOCUMENTATION for any of these new features that they'll make documentation when the mod is ported to 1.10whatever. So they're never going to document anything.

It's an absolute clusterfuck and if anyone out there understands how to fix the FluidRegistry bug which IS the problem with Gwafu's version of Growthcraft please please share that information. I would love to fix it so there's an alternative to the bloated mess that is GrowthcraftCE.
>>
>>163019341
>No, it only adds trees and plants and such. No biomes.
But like it adds trees and plants to the nether right? I remember some mods adds trees to the Nether and there's one type of tree in the Nether that grows upside down from the ceiling. That was neat.
What does add Nether biomes then?
What mods are good for making the Nether more interesting/usefull/fun then?

I like Iguana Tweaks purely for the ability to swap out parts and such. And clay buckets.

Are there any other good magic mods? I'd like to avoid Botania just because every single mod pack relies on it too much. I heard Ars Magica isn't that good either.

What exactly is in buildcraft? Forestry depends on it doesn't it? Is that mod worth picking up at all?
>>
>>163019462
generally speaking, if two mods add steam they're PROBABLY registered in the fluid dictionary so they'll work interchangeably. Additionally--from my experience anyway--one of the two will be selected by both mods as the steam that will generate so you don't have to worry about micromanaging two kinds of steam. Like how if you throw Forestry copper and Tinker's Construct copper in two different furnaces, you'll get one kind of copper in the end.

Generally anyway, that last example has a bit more nuance in it depending on what other mods are present and what options are set. For example if you throw in three different kinds of copper--Thermal Expansion, TiCon and Forestry--into a TiCon Smeltery, you'll get A liquid copper in there--I think its just the fluid dictionary's copper liquid. When you cast it, if TiCon's "Smelt Ticon ingots" option is enabled you get TiCon copper. if its off, you'll probably going to get Thermal Expansion's ingots.

as for making mods more compatible via ModTweaker/MineTweaker, ModTweaker affects machines and crafting and other mechanics of mods. For example you can modify Thaumcraft items to require different components, be unlocked in different researches, and change infusion recipes. Or change Immersive Engineering Crusher recipes to output different materials from ore. Or ore from materials, or require more power or whatever.
With just MineTweaker its all recipes on a crafting bench which is basically every single mod that registers a recipe to the Vanilla crafting bench. Some mods like traincraft for example add their own shittier bench and you can suck it up and use that or redo every recipe on the vanilla bench. I do have a script for that.
>>
>>163019976
Do what I did, get the version where they just fixed the fluid bug. I had it for a while, there doesn't seem to be any critical incompatibility with other mods.

>>163020176
Yeah the Nether trees are from Natura. But it's BoP that adds the actual biomes.

I have Natura,Lycanite's Mobs and Infernal Mobs (with most of the retarded shit disabled) and also cleared any ways of flight and holy shit, the Nether is scary again.

>any other magic mods?
Those three are the best yeah. If you want more, just get some Thaumcraft addons.

>buildcraft
The BEST pipes ever known to man, and some good ass machines like quarries and builders. And no, Forestry doesn't require Buildcraft, though it plays very well with it.
>>
>>163021047
Forbidden Magic adds like a seven deadly sins themed essence ore to the nether doesn't it? Are there any biome mods that you would recommend? Preferably if they play nice with any terrain enhancement mods like Streams and ore gen tweaks, and actually add interesting stuff without just being a metric tonne of new things that makes vanilla stuff and other mod added biomes like Thaum's magical forest, hard to find.

Do buildcraft pipes work with automating other mods?
>>
>>163021047
>But it's BoP that adds the actual biomes
BoP Nether biomes are all shit, btw.
>>
>>163021047
Oh and are there any like mod-mods that affect Twilight Forest? Add more stuff to it? I really like Twilight Forest as it is but an expansion could be nice.

Also any mods that extend the End and make it more than just dragon fight and enderman farm zone like how the most recent main Minecraft update has those cities and shit?
>>
>>163022696
RTG is what I use. It adds no new biomes but drastically changes how terrain generates. Rolling grass hills, huge mountains, big rivers and lakes, stuff like that. It also works with actual biome mods, but I don't like them for the same reason you described. Dunno how well RTG plays with Streams tho.

>Do buildcraft pipes work with automating other mods?
Of course!

>>163022941
Not that I know of, sorry. Hardcore Ender Expansion is exactly whan you want for the End by the way.

If you like that kind of dimension mods with own mobs, progression etc. I highly recommend Erebus.

>>163022842
Yeah. The wasps were cool tho.
>>
I prefer dim lighting and options that are more aesthetically pleasing than blanketing an area with torches. Are there any ways to prevent mob spawning while still keeping my aesthetic lighting?
>>
>>163023462
>Yeah. The wasps were cool tho
They really aren't tho.

They're super aggressive, they fly, they're not affected by knockback, they have no drops and their hives contain nothing of value.

Seriously what about them is "cool"
>>
>>163023671
>Seriously what about them is "cool"
They just looked cool and we're a fun idea.

Also I liked disassembling the hives and building hives in my friends houses because it doesn't matter what dimension you're in, as long as there's hive blocks by honey it makes wasps spawn. So people would come back to the server with a house of bees.
>>
>>163023671
So, like real wasps? And real wasps are cool.
>>
>>163024036
>real wasps are cool
Shittu teisto.

Unrelatedly its weird that in the game bees are loved because they are bros that help you up and wasps are hated for being pieces of s h i t, just like in real life.
>>
>>163023462
From the screenshots Erebus kind of reminds me of the world the team in Journey to the Center of the Earth find.

I'm going to pretend it's between the Overworld and the Nether.

Are there any like caves only dimension mods? Could put that between the Overworld and the Erebus in my mind.

I enjoy making autistic little lore explanations for my mods all coexisting in a single pack.

Any good sky dimension mods? I remember the Aether being a thing but that mod has been dead for years hasn't it?
>>
>>163018043
>TiCon with Iguana Tweaks
you won't be needing anything from other mods then. you'll already be making your unbreakable infinity+2 everything with that.
>>
>>163024934
TiCon is already like that isn't it, without Iguana Tweaks.

I like how Iguana Tweaks gives the much more in depth information on your tools like while holding shift to see the complete parts list and traits and everything, and the ability to swap out parts. I didn't think it would add anything more without like Metallurgy or something to add the overpowered super metals.

I also like having to use flint to be able to mine iron instead of going with stone.
And making clay buckets is a nice utility in early game.
>>
>>163025446
>flint
>lets hope we spawned near some sort of water
>25,000 chunks away
>sure love this mod
>>
>>163026545
I've never had any trouble finding gravel at any point in any world unless I'm like in the middle of a desert.
>>
>>163026545
>can't find water within a short walk
Nigga you stupid.
>>
reee trainserb2 when
>>
>tfw no comfy mods to make villages not shit
>tfw no millenaire that isn't laggy dogshit that breaks your game if you have NEI installed

i always liked traincraft and millenaire, it really felt like i was making something
>>
>>163021047
>Lycanite's Mobs and Infernal Mobs (with most of the retarded shit disabled)
I'm not familiar with those mods. How are they, and what's the retarded shit?

Are there any mods that add like nether villages or dungeons, or just add more dungeons and structures to the Overworld in general?

Any mods that make villages generate less horribly?
>>
>>163021047
>The BEST pipes ever known to man
lmao buildcraft pipes suck dick
>>
>>163021047
Does Forestry add much more that thaumcraft golems can't do?

>>163028208
What would you use instead?
>>
>>163028869
thermal expansion, ender io, immersive engineering
>>
>>163028869
>>163029129
mekanism too. BC is gay as fuck
>>
>>163028073
Lyconite adds like 50 horribly drawn globs to your game, they serve no purpose and drop custom items that just flood your item books
dont use it

Infernal on the other hand just modifies vanilla mobs
>>
File: 1431883246970.jpg (123KB, 561x466px) Image search: [Google]
1431883246970.jpg
123KB, 561x466px
>>163028208
>>163029319
I bet you use tesseracts too.
>>
File: 1470528584057.png (860KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1470528584057.png
860KB, 1920x1017px
>>
>>163029653
i'll use this fist in your face if you don't back the fuck up
>>
SOMEONE SETUP A FUCKING SERVER
ALL THE LIST ONES ARE GAY
>>
>>163029961

What am I looking at? And what are those lanterns and floor tiles?
>>
>>163030082
>clayium + gregtech is gay
here's your reply
>>
>>163030082
Here bro, its 127.00.0.1
>>
>>163030335
ztones&helpertools
>>
>>163030358
smegdreck is objectively gay
>>
>>163029339
Isn't there some mod that adds the demons from Doom to the nether?
>>
>>163030629

I require this for purposes
>>
>>163030629
That's Lycanite too.
>>
File: 1471083402425.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471083402425.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>163031454
veinminer is not OP in this instance. you are just more quickly doing a task you've done before
>>
>>163031454
What
>>
>>163031682
>not op
>literally over 3000 blocks are broken with one hit
nah mane
>>
File: Apple Milk Tea Mod 3.jpg (49KB, 486x257px) Image search: [Google]
Apple Milk Tea Mod 3.jpg
49KB, 486x257px
Are there any other comfy Jap mods other than AMT?
>>
Any Blightfall tips? Clearing the world using just the blooms I can find will take forever, and the quest book's intro to Thaumcraft is shit.
>>
>>163022842
has anyone seen a polar chasm in the nether? i wish i did, bu they're ultra rare (if they generate at all)
>>
>>163035895
IIRC the BoP wiki says it was removed a few versions ago.
>>
File: 1448854870870.jpg (64KB, 391x367px) Image search: [Google]
1448854870870.jpg
64KB, 391x367px
>>163031454
>>
>>163014193
But that's the best part.
>tinker around with configs, disable duplicate ores (or just put an automatic ore unifier if you can't be assed with that), fix IDs and such
>make world
>find something that feels broken, change it in the configs
>find a new mod that seems interesting, add it to your pack
>notice that you don't care about a mod, remove it from your pack
>find some buggy recipes, minetweak them and move on
If you just get a badly-configured mess that some "professional modpack maker" created you're missing out on all the fun.
>>
>>163024908
>caves only dimension mods?
caveworld? it was made by a jap, but i think it's on curse (or mcf)

oh, and the aether was resurrected for 1.7.10, but i haven't heard good thing about it.
>>
>>163018043
>There was this one mod that I forget what it was called, changed up terrain generation a bit, made all the rivers actually have a current instead of being stagnant water, let things like waterfalls and caves that go through hills with a river in the middle and such, rivers would start with tributaries and merge to make bigger rivers and such, it was really neat.
Streams and Climate Control (or harder wildlife?) add something like that.

>Are there any ore generation mods that make things occur in like deposits and such so I actually have a reason to be using my trains and airships and boats?
Custom ore generation, Harder Ores

>Are there any other good magic mods?
I'd maybe say Chromaticraft, it alone is probably almost as big as TC4 with all it's addons, has a lot of nifty cool stuff but it's horribly obtuse and vague about everything, generally a pain in the ass to advance through and end game is pure fucking loathsome CANCER. It's also mawpc, trivializes Thaumcraft and probably not good for multiplayer due to all the retarded op shit. It's not a recommendation, just a suggestion in case you need a lot of magic mods and want to see what's what.
Ars Magica isn't outright bad i'd say. The spell making part is it's main appeal, everything else is questionable at best and a fucking broken buggy bloat piece of shit at worst. If you can disable most of it\s garbage not related o spell making it's quite alright
There's also Aura Cascade but it's pure garbage, don't bother.
>>
>>163019839
Thanks for reminding me that I need to use Sign Picture for more than just spamming loli porn all over my base.
>>
>>163036294
>the aether
Holy shit I remember wanting to play that so badly years ago.
>>
File: orc_01.png (750KB, 1600x847px) Image search: [Google]
orc_01.png
750KB, 1600x847px
Orc Stronghold in process.
don't mind all the floating blocks and assymetrical design... I'm just trying out various options.
>>
>>163036085
>As of early April, 2016, Nether Biomes have not be re-added to 1.9 and 1.8.9 BoP, though the programmers are planning to bring them back. They are in 1.7.10 and earlier, though.
oh, nothing important then
>>
I want to play mc but im so apathetic towards mods i just want shit to work and be fun again
>>
File: orc_02.png (950KB, 1600x847px) Image search: [Google]
orc_02.png
950KB, 1600x847px
>>163036918
Overhead shot.
I had the idea for a while now from a video collab I did some time ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ivSSeK0ZI
>>
>>163018685

yes
>>
>tfw 1.2.5 Tekkit takes up a grand total 200MB of RAM ingame, on a new world

What has gone wrong?
>>
hoboserb was fucking amazing. i don't get it. why isn't there a 2.0?
>>
>>163038567
Internal server, niggerbong, mojang, childrens, cruel fate, everything
>>
>>163039886
Afaik he's busy moving out of the country or something like that, so no time.
>>
>>163032934
Maple Tree
Mineferris Wheel
Mc Heli
Dc Iron chain 2
Bamboo mod
Heat and Climate
Starminer
>>
>>163038567
Lemme guess, it also took like 5 seconds to launch?
>>
>>163040414
Maybe ten.
>>
Hi mcg, server host anon here, what pack do you want senpai. Looking at maybe making a less memey custom pack. What theme/shit do you want in it.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to do Thaumcraft alchemy? It expects me to throw in large amounts of different aspects and hope it works out properly.
>>
File: admech schoolgirl.jpg (51KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
admech schoolgirl.jpg
51KB, 500x750px
Hey /mcg/
I haven't played MC since beta and I'm adequatly drunk. What mods and resource packs do I need to get a comfy basebuilding/survival feel?
>>
>>163044445
Nice would be quints

Yes, that's pretty much it, except you're supposed to carefully research everything and add the perfect ingredients. Although, later on you can ditch the whole manual process and set up a more advanced devices to say void aspects you don't like and so one, or the centrifuge to convert aspects, you can also be a cheese and install thaumic energistics and bypass the jar and piping minigame and insert and retrieve everything from your ME system.
>>
>>163044761
A lot are mentioned in this thread and the previous one. You're like the 5th drunk anon to stumble in here asking about mods.

Either read the thread or just use premade ftb packs like a casual.
>>
File: 2016-12-17_19.49.35.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_19.49.35.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Aw yis. The base is starting to shape up.
>>
File: samurai jack NGE.jpg (51KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack NGE.jpg
51KB, 675x900px
>>163045271
FTB packs it is then. Thanks.
>>
>>163045212
>your ME system
My what now? I'm playing Blightfall, and I have Thaumic Energistics.
>>
>>163029339
Can you customize the mobs added by Lycanite's? I like some of the mobs, mostly just the ghoul zombie, crypt zombie and a few of the nether demons, but everything else is fucking stupid.
>>
When I throw a javelin in terrafirma the sprite spins/changes direction to the left and it's very annoying. What could be causing it?
>>
>>163044445
Don't bother with crucible unless absolutely necessary. Open that research that shows a block of pipes with valves and build yourself Thaumatorium ASAP. Never look back to crucible, it's shit
>>
>>163045635
We'll you're in luck then. By ME (Matter Energy) i mean the Applied Energistics stuff.
>>
Anyone played with EsstentialCraft 3 at all? Looks like it could be interesting but I haven't heard much about it at all.
>>
>>163046343
Very bizarre. It just does that in survival. If I change to creative it flies normally.

Help pls
>>
>>163046851
Eh?

>>163046904
That sounds as complex as the Thaumcraft shit.
>>
>>163047813
level up your fighting skill
>>
File: 2016-12-18_03.27.08.png (1MB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_03.27.08.png
1MB, 1366x705px
>>163009712

an abyssal stone mix column
>>
>>163047968
Alchemy tab, after unlocking the pipes and the better pipes there's a research for a glowy cube, that's what you want. If I remembered it correctly.
>>
>>163047982
for a split second I thought that was a serious response
>>
Is ProjectE balanced at all or is it a repeat of EE2 where you get to build glowstone monstrosities that shit out diamonds with very little initial investment?

I see there is a mod-mod for it that makes it where you need Thaumcraft research to be able to make the parts from it instead of crafting them outright.
>>
My Awesome Well Placed Cube.

Your welcome newfigs.
>>
Are there any mods that add the features of Education Edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcrFwgDUV9E
>>
>>163046343
>>163047813
bls resbond :-DDDDD
>>
>>163050760
I want those signs and camera. :-(
>>
>>163047513
I spoke about it for a bit around half a year ago after assembling some testing shitpack with all TC addons i found, Essential craft, chromaticraft, some season mod and what not. I'll post about it later when i'll have time.
>>
>>163049342
>is it a repeat of EE2
Yes. That TC-PE crossover works well at first, but then you realize that it makes all PE items much cheaper than the vanilla version, since it gives EMC value to all Thaumcraft stuff, meaning that you can just make one thing, drop it at the table, and get infinite more of it for no cost.
>>
>>163021047
isnt the main yogscast crew triggered by bees because lewis made a shit BC bee piping system that fucked the server?
>>
>>163008578
zombie drops
>>
>>163051707
>no cost
not sure if serious. this thread throws around accusations of shit being free so often it's hard to tell.
>>
>>163051707
>That TC-PE crossover
That what?
>>
>>163049092
Next update it will be
>>
>>163052716
https://m.ftbwiki.org/Thaumic_Equivalence
>>
>>163052716
Not exactly no cost, but still a much reduced cost in comparison to ProjectE on normal mode.
>>
>watch minecraft youtuber
>makes retarded noises and/or speaks in a fake, overly-enthusiastic voice

Are there any exceptions besides Etho? And even Etho has been faking more enthusiasm at the beginning of each episode lately, but he's still not nearly as bad as anyone else.
>>
Is techreborn a good mod
>>
>>163053625
Would you rather have someone with a flat voice plainly explaining mods? Kids like enthusiasm.
>>
>>163053872
>Would you rather have someone with a flat voice plainly explaining mods?
Yes, I would take monotone over fake enthusiasm. Though there is a middle ground.
>>
>>163053872
>Would you rather have someone with a flat voice plainly explaining mods?
yes
>>
>>163053730
>ProfessorProspector
Nope
>>
>>163053872
Yes. However, preferably, I'd have someone who doesn't do the fake enthusiasm shit and just speaks like a normal human being instead of a spastic animal who gets excited over the smallest shit.
>>
Looking for decent RPG-like mods with individual skills that you can level up. Any recommendations? I'm on 1.7.10 btw

bonus points: preferably lightweight and not MAWPC
>>
>>163053625
Direwolf seems fine.
>>
>>163054252
MCMMO
>>
File: home.png (3MB, 1862x1171px) Image search: [Google]
home.png
3MB, 1862x1171px
>>
>>163056093
That's a gorgeous render
>>
>>163054370
I could host a server with mcmmo i-if anyone wants
someone give me something host this server is empty and I want to use it for something
>>
File: 2016-12-17_22.23.52.png (1MB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_22.23.52.png
1MB, 1360x706px
By now Im just making houses, what type of structures I should build, like services needed in a village.
If it helps, the village is focused around magic.
>>
File: 1482035300975.png (1MB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
1482035300975.png
1MB, 1360x706px
>>163056292
Baby throwing cliff is a must
Here have a great spot for it
>>
>>163056670
Should I leave it like that or build something ceremonial on there?
>>
>>163056292
You lack an ominous tower.

Or even a whimsical one.

Where is the old wizard supposed to stay?
>>
>>163049342
>or is it a repeat of EE2 where you get to build glowstone monstrosities that shit out diamonds with very little initial investment?
Yes, it's exactly that, complete with entire gallery of EE2 tools, gem armor and all that.

>>163047513
>>163051669
So yeah, it's kind of explicitly magitech mod with an old-school feel of 1.2.5 IC2
It has nothing really interesting going on for it, almost energy generation is some kind of passive type (burning grass and flowers around a generator, "solar panel"-type, generating-energy-for-free-but-but-zapping-your-ass-if-you-get-close-generator and so on), i can't remember a single interesting machine that's not in every other mod in some form. It has a bunch of guns and it's own irradiated ruined dimension (the entire mod is based around dangerously irradiating energy, so even irradiating items like ingots and stones was supposed to have dangerous side-effects, plus kind of it's own take on TC taint in the form of elemental radiation corrupting shit around, but not everything was implemented when i was checking it out.
Also, microcrafting OUT THE ASS. Like, Jesus fuck calm down there, it's not Gregtech 5 but it sure feels close sometimes. Oh and everything is some vomit-inducing shade of toxic neon purple and blocks are pretty ugly in design.
It has Essential Thaumaturgy, a crossmod\addon between EC3 and TC4. I don't remember anything useful except one cool machine that made me shit my fucking pants, the result of it's work was underwhelming a bit but it was awesome.
Not very informative yeah, i was actually pissed off with both pack and mod quite fast so i wasn't even half way through, but i would recommend it if you really feel like you'd rather slit your throat then go play another instance of Botania-TE-EIO-Twilag-whatever cookie cutter pack with same shit you've been doing years already. It's nice to break monotony, it's why i always look for those obscure mods, but make a testpack to try it beforehand. I warned
>>
>>163057289
>tfw I'm the wizard
>tfw I have an absolutely massive floating fortress flying over a smaller fortress which guards the entrance
>tfw the entrance itself is a protected blood rune reverence of the condor
>which takes you to a thaumium golem protected dome
>>
>>163057476
Are there any good magitech mods or am I stuck with just smooshing steampunk mods together with magic mods and kind of getting the desired effect?
>>
File: 2016-12-17_22.53.19.png (591KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_22.53.19.png
591KB, 1360x706px
>>163057289
>>163057747
I have pic related but is still a WIP, theres gonna be other 3 temples or towers based on the elements.
>>
>>163048005
UNF
>>
Would it be overpowered to have a machine that smashes ore blocks into between 1 and 3 ore fragments, then you can smelt the ore fragments into ingots, or put the fragments into a different machine to turn each fragment into two metal grit, so you can get between 2 and 6 ingots per ore?

I'm just thinking of a way to make the machines a worthwhile investment instead of just being able to toss ore into a TiCon foundry and getting two ingots without any additional cost.
>>
>>163057747
But does it have any giant floating magic circles?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28566125
>>
>>163059370
what mod
>>
>>163059370
>forces you to log into some shit social media site
its shit
>>
>>163060608
Try reading description next time
http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29577
>>163060904
You probably can't get past panda too
>>
>>163061028
im not learning the ins and outs for some shitty jap site just to watch a single minecraft video
>>
File: file.png (440KB, 1920x1001px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
440KB, 1920x1001px
Now you TOO can be a Jew!
>>
>>163060904
http://embed.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28566125
>>
>>163058859
You're kinda describing Rotarycraft ore processing or even closer to old Factorization ore processing and i guess yeah, it's of course pretty generous, but it's not a bad thing.

>>163058214
Well yeah, CV portion of TC and EIO are the only nice things we have so far
>>
>>163059370
>>163061889
Why is it always the Japs, man?

Why doesn't the English side make anything cool or amazing anymore?
>>
>>163062198
Money
>>
What mod am I thinking of that let you like make a crucible and melt ores you get a scoop and dip molten metal out nugget by nugget into molds
>>
>>163063361
probably the newest 1.7.10 gregtech
>>
File: file.png (815KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
815KB, 1920x1080px
MAWPC time.

>>163063361
Flaxbeard?
>>
>>163059370
but how
>>
>>163063671
nah
gregtech 6 let's you pour directly from the crucible to the molds, no scoop involved
so it must be some other mod
>>
Alright so outlining my idea for a modpack I would like to make

Major mods:
Tinker's Construct
Thaumcraft
Blood Magic
Witchery
Mystcraft
Cogs of the Machine
Immersive Engineering
Flaxbeard's Steam Power
Railcraft
Traincraft
Xeno's Reliquary
JABBA

Terrain mods:
Natura
Realistic Terrain Generation
Streams

Dimension mods:
Twilight Forest
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Erebus
Aether II

Food and 'tism:
Apple&Milk&Tea
Cooking For Blockheads
Growthcraft
Bibliocraft
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel

Mobs:
Lycanite's Mobs
Infernal Mobs

Mod-mods:
Immersive Integration
Arcane Engineering
Automagy
Craft Arcanum
Forbidden Magic
Gadomancy
Tainted Magic
Thaumaturgical Knowledge
Thaumcraft Node Tracker
Thaumic Bases
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Horizons
Thaumic Tinker

How does that list look? The idea is mostly to be magic focused with a few tech mods, am I missing anything that deserves to be added? Got a mod that adds Thaumcraft aspects to Aether II stuff and Lycanite's Mobs, and that one mod that let's you Thaumometer scan shit inside your inventory instead of having to drop it.
>>
>>163063789
>Cooking For Blockheads
Never heard of this one.
>>
>>163064635
It's pretty much a multiblock kitchen mod designed to help you make whatever food is in your inventory or whatever storage the multiblock structure has. Pretty useful when paired with Harvestcraft, so you don't have to look up what food you're able to microcraft.
>>
>>163064635
I just like the stove mostly
>>
>>163063361
mariculture
>>
>>163063789
Add in bamboo, mapletree, and apple&milk&tea 2
>>
Is there a mod that lets you save buildings into prefabs that you can then autobuild it in another location? Given you supply the total cost in materials for the building of course.
>>
File: 1447570558799.png (84KB, 319x351px) Image search: [Google]
1447570558799.png
84KB, 319x351px
>>163060904
>doesn't know what nico is
i forget that christmas break is starting in most american public schools
>>
What's that magic mod based off some anime where you program your own spells and cast them with a gun?
>>
>>163068982
That garbage is called Psi
>>
>>163069126
Why's it garbage?
>>
>>163069178
I just generally didn't liked it at all. It's kind of like Ass Magica, but instead of relevant mechanics it's all mathemathic functions for no reason other then Vazkii apparently being impressed by his then-current curriculum.
Many steps feel simply unnecessary. Also sometimes it behaves in incomprehensible ways. I remember being confused by some spell to no end, everything suggested (i don't really remember much already) that raycasting function should start at point of bullet collision when you use that specific bullet, tl;dr that spell kept doing raycasting from my viewpoint and the bullet collision mechanics was wack, and it's also too OP for my tastes - literally both rapid long range gun + rapid long range silk touch mining\quarring for virtually no price from the get go.
It also has EARRAPIng fucking shoot sound and flowerycunt pissky was literally going "no it's not annoying i'm not changing it fuck off" on rebbit or wherever people were complaining about that shit
>>
>>163069806
>Ass Magica
What's that and what's wrong with it?
>>
>>163069838
Poor aesthetics and poor implementation of spell experience. Also, the sheer amount of items it needs to craft spells means that you have to be far into most mods to even start with it, and by the time you decide to build that multiblock you need to craft spells, you probably no longer need them anymore.
>>
First time playing with mods
About to make Manyullyn Pickaxe Head
What should my binding/rod be?
>>
File: Demur.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Demur.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>163068530
>muh irrelevant weeaboo video host
>>
>>163072669
>manyullyn head
for what purpose?
>>
>>163069838
Ars Magica 2.
Well, i've only played with it in cave world so i haven't seen everything, apparently there's some mage battle going on or something, sounds goofy, but what i truly hated is the entire everything i've seen that's not spellmaking and summoning elementals. Especially the retarded mess of Etherium. Why it's even there?
>welp everything has some sort of "energy system" so i need one too
Nope. Especially not this half assed, ugly and buggy
And yeah >>163070381 everything looks pretty bad. Although i don't really agree with spells being useless. I found them pretty powerful actually. Pretty sure super basic cobblestone-glass altar is enough to craft shit like Magelight and it's already incredibly fucking useful from the get go, then just upgrade it to nether bricks or whatever and plop some dirt-cheap lapis or redstone caps and you can make projectile magelight, projectile dig spell, some magic shots and it's already good enough to not use anything else. Kinda OP even i'd say
>>
>>163072729
>irrelevant
Here's your (You), newfag.
>>
>>163072864
>cave world
What's cave world? I've been hearing a lot about that recently.
>>
>>163072879
it is though, been here five years and never heard of it til now
>>
File: HighGate.jpg (176KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
HighGate.jpg
176KB, 678x381px
Post garden inspirations /mcg/
>>
>>163073873
> not having your base a sterile environment for maximum machine efficiency.

In all honesty I don't have an opinion on it.
>>
File: tumblr_nv8y00Hbn51s5oglco1_1280.gif (255KB, 560x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv8y00Hbn51s5oglco1_1280.gif
255KB, 560x720px
Hey guys, I successfully quit pretending I was going to do something meaningful in Minecraft. Haven't played or thought of "MUH GRAND SERVER IDEA" in weeks.

Feels good, I actually started drawing IRL again and my creative thoughts have moved towards more unique concepts as soon as I stopped thinking of how to make them in terms of little blocks.

Feels great.
>>
File: 2016-12-18_14.14.57.png (759KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_14.14.57.png
759KB, 1280x1024px
1200+ pieces of rail laid out.
The brown parts of the rail network are wooden bridges.

Now to add more details.
>>
I like how you can replace the idea of mine craft in this post with anything like booze or drugs.
>>
>>163076529
Nice, subscribed to your blog. ;)
>>
File: 1478108151097.jpg (10KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
1478108151097.jpg
10KB, 500x216px
>>163076529
nice meme
i like
>>
>>163077853
I have a blog?
>>
Is there a point to update to the ftb 1.10 or just stay with good old 1.7.10
>>
>>163078220
If you update to 1.10 you are LITERALLY KILLING minecraft. You will be putting the last nail in the coffin. You alone, personally, will be responsible for the death of the thing you love. You cannot understand HOW utterly important it is that you use the CORRECT version.

You have no idea how important this is.
>>
>>163078281
Is chisel and bits the only thing new other then the new combat junk?

Not like it matters i can't get a cracked launcher that lets me play the 1.10 stuff anyways.
>>
File: 1467718221364.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467718221364.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
i'm autistic? shit
>>
>>163078618
Yes. The rest of 1.8+ is retarded recycled meme mods, and even worse performance than 1.7.
>>
>>163079217
Is the performance really worse than 1.7?

I was hoping it world be better, guess I'll say with 1.7.

Thx for the fast replys
>>
ded
>>
>baby zombie with fishing gear
fucking christ mariculture
>>
good seeds for tcr reloaded?
>>
>>163067696
That was it thanks. Is that mod worth getting into at all?
>>
>>163068193
Is apple&milk&tea 2 different from just apple&milk&tea? Where do I get bamboo and mapletree? Those are Jap mods aren't they?
I have a hard time being able to even find those Jap mods, even AMT gave me trouble because I'm illiterate.

I know there's a bamboo mod for Growthcraft but I don't think thats the same.
>>
>>163082167
>not disabling those annoying little shits from within forge
>>
>>163082547
it's ded as fuck unfortunately. the author seems to have moved on. still, I love the mod and should probably start using it a bit more myself. it's not terribly buggy, if that's a concern.
>>
>>163083776
Not that guy, I disabled them from forge.cfg, but they keep spawning from spawners in Roguelike Dungeons. Is there any way to fix that?
>>
Which version of terrafirma is the comfiest/best? Is there a good small modpack with less than 40 mods with TFC included?
>>
>>163083942
I'm not sure, as I've never used roguelike dungeons. I would say look for something from within roguelike's config file to see if you can disable said spawners. One hacky solution off that top of my head would be to replace baby zombie spawners with air blocks from CoFH core's config file, but I'm not 100% sure that will work though, just a theory.
>>
>>163063789
>JABBA
ftb please

Replace with Storage drawers
>>
File: 2016-12-18_12.31.03.png (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_12.31.03.png
72KB, 1024x576px
And that's my (badly-textured, holy fuck I'm killing this resource pack) MAWPC enderium crafter.
>crafting pipe with fluid crafting upgrade first to extract the finished ingots
>satellite pipe second to send silver, tin and shiny to the smeltery
>fluid satellite pipe third to send ender goop into the smeltery
>(fluid supplier fourth to fill it with lava, soon)
>fluiduct set to only extract enderium, sending it into the cast
And that's how I ignored the blazing pyrotheum part thanks to mod interaction. Looks like I'll need to add an extra step before automatically filling tesseracts in a smeltery basin since ender goop usually gets there first and fucks everything though.
>>
>>163084210
Why?
>>
>>163084326
JABBA is a poorly coded piece of shit, and storage drawers is better in literally every way.
Prof. Mobius got a job for curse/mojang IIRC.
That should tell you everything about his mods.
>>
Why don't they bring back the old world generator.
>>
>>163063789
You're missing enderio
>>
>>163082667
AMT2 is for 1.7.10. AMT is for 1.6.4.
Bamboo is available here: http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?t=172

Should I start an article on the mcg wiki for both Bamboo and Apple&Milk&Tea2?
>>
>>163085314
>should I put up more info on wiki
yes do anon
That way all the newfags can be told to just read the wiki
>>
>>163084741
Alright then. I'll use Storage Drawers.

>>163085270
I don't want EnderIO, the modpack is magic focused, I want people to use golems and Immersive Engineering conveyer belts.
>>
File: 2016-12-18_18.20.37.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_18.20.37.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>
>>163085382
I'm starting it now.
http://mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Bamboo
>>
>>163086179
>tfw still on the start of bronze
Fucking grag
>>
Is there a drawbridge mod akin to the buildcraft drawbridge?
I dont want buildcraft for just one block
>>
>>163084741
>Prof. Mobius got a job for curse/mojang IIRC.
>That should tell you everything about his mods
Ugh please don't pretend like an endorsement by either of those shitty organizations is a positive.

But you are right. JABBA is old and busted. Storage Drawers is the new hotness.

>>163085949
>I don't want EnderIO, the modpack is magic focused
You'll regret it. My pack is primarily Thaumcraft-oriented, but Ender I/O has saved my ass more times than I can count, mostly in situations where I needed to get item A to location B in very close quarters. Conveyors have some drawbacks you'll start to understand when you begin using them.

You can try to focus on using conveyors, but why not have Ender I/O as a backup?
>>
File: 1456007663876.jpg (40KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456007663876.jpg
40KB, 540x960px
>>163087975
>buildcraft
>drawbridge
you wot?
>>
>>163088127
Buildcraft has a block called "drawbridge". It lets you put blocks in and extend to X length.
>>
>>163088102
>>Ugh please don't pretend like an endorsement by either of those shitty organizations is a positive.
That's exactly what I meant m8, anyone vaguely associated with curse or mojang should be avoided like the plague.
>>
>>163088207
No it does not.
You're probably thinking about Tinkers' Mechworks drawbridge.
>>
>>163088213
But...Storage Drawers IS a good mod.

Storage Drawers drawer controller + Ender I/O inventory panel = streamlined replacement for AE
>>
>>163088390
Yes, and storage drawers isn't by professor mobius, jabba is.
>>
>>163088309
Its not the mechworks one but the one in TC
thanks
>>
File: modpack.png (159KB, 741x898px) Image search: [Google]
modpack.png
159KB, 741x898px
Am i missing anything critical?
Suggestions? 1.7.10
>>
What is your opinion on modded skyblocks?
>>
>>163088805
>switch better fps for optifine with all of it's "performance" options off
>switch journeymap for voxel + liteloader
>get modtweaker too, just in case

>big reactors
Mod is boring to use, but if that's your taste, go ahead.
>>
>>163088998
Big reactors isn't bad for the turbine. Multiblock power gens are fun to build
>>
>>163089178
Big reactors is boring to set up and maintain, it doesn't feel like a reactor at all.
>>
>>163089407
>>163088998
Is there another powergen mod you would recommend similar?
>>
>>163089528
Mekanism fusion reactors are good for being OP and fun to set up, but other than that there isn't anything much.
>>
>>163089528

ic2 reactors are a fun little minigame, and no op
>>
>>163089528
reika
>>
>>163089698
LOL
>>
>>163088102
I guess it wouldn't hurt to include EnderIO you still need like ender peals to make the pipes and shit don't you? So conveyors and other mods solutions are still viable beside EnderIO. I just don't want the methods included in any mods to be entirely obsolete.

>>163088390
>Storage Drawers drawer controller + Ender I/O inventory panel = streamlined replacement for AE
Shit how do you get that to work?
I've never bothered with anything other than JABBA or AE, I wasn't planning on having AE in my pack but storage busses are fun as hell to have.

Is there any way to get the autocrafting to work in any sort of hacky way?
>>
Do you guys like direwolf20 xD
>>
>>163009919
Yes, it's common. Leaves decay because there is no wood "supporting" them close, so when you (player) update the chunk where the tree is it updates.
>>
File: chunkworld_redux_screen.png (666KB, 1600x847px) Image search: [Google]
chunkworld_redux_screen.png
666KB, 1600x847px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rBdyCCUmoY

I finally got around to adressing Simon's architecture video. Regarding the following points:

> Context
> Size & proportion
> Structural design
> Racism
> Material choices
> Tone & critique

Watch the video (if you want to take the time) and judge for yourself if you think I'm correct.
>>
>>163088102
>JABBA is old and busted.
Not only old and busted, but also
>takes ten years to load during startup for whatever fucking reason
>spits items out instead of directly putting them in your inventory, like drawers and caches
>dollies are so badly implemented that they need dedicated code to whatever you want them to pick up, as opposed to Inventory Tools' dollies or Mek's cardboard boxes
>32x textures
>dumb upgrade system
The hopper and B-space functions are good but they aren't worth using the rest of the package.
>>
>>163091050
I thought dollies were only supposed to pick up barrels and mob spawners, if so couldn't that just be a design choice and not an actual limitation?
>>
>>163091252
No, there's a whitelist, and instead of it being configurable like mek cardboard boxes, it's in the code.
>>
File: 1475535727333.jpg (21KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475535727333.jpg
21KB, 471x480px
>mfw every fucking link for mods 404
>>
>>163091050
When JABBA was a thing, I always thought FTB had commisioned it so they could ditch Factorization. Even then I used MoreInventoryMod because JABBA was so shit.

>Mojang actually goes on to hire the guy
Fuckin' poetry.
>>
>>163091597
Actually, didn't they hire him primarily for his involvement in the creation and maintenance of MCP?
>>
File: 2016-08-12_22.06.45.png (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-12_22.06.45.png
385KB, 1920x1080px
>>163090087
When you pipe items into the Storage Drawer Controller (either with hoppers or conduits or BC pipes), the Controller will automatically sort the items into their proper drawers. All of these drawers are within range of the Controller so anything I dump into the Controller gets put in the proper drawer.

This is only really handy for storing items. Retrieving them is a bit harder. Thats where the Ender I/O Inventory panel comes in.
>>
How do i this this error?
http://pastebin.com/z4mTkFMZ
>>
>>163091665
I dunno how or why he got in, but the fact that they hired someone like him instead of all those brilliant modders is enough to say how much of a shitshow Mojang is.
>>
File: 2016-08-12_21.38.18.png (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-12_21.38.18.png
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>163090087
>>163092442
The Inventory Panel can see inside any container connected via item conduit. It'll show everything you have as long as your Controller has an Ender I/O awareness upgrade on it. The Panel also needs fuel in the form of zombie juice, but at this point you'd be better served just researching the Ender I/O wiki.
>>
>>163082667
and here's mapletree
>http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6984

updated today.. first update in a long time

>>163092505
vanilla?
>>
>>163092670
Modded 1.7.10
>>
>>163092604
Notice they also hired Searge not long after that, and the only two things they have in common is collectively being the two owners of the Mod Coder Pack. Just like when they bought the leadership of the Bukkit team and collaborated with LexManos and cpw - they seem to prefer grabbing people in power over people with vision.
>>
File: 2016-12-18_11.06.14.png (878KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_11.06.14.png
878KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck you, Vazkii. If I want to spam passive generation flowers, I'm gonna.
>>
>>163092769
it didn't dump the system details in the error log?
seeing the gpu, drivers and gl caps would have been useful in this case
>>
Thinking about playing some minecraft again, last time I played was 1.4

Besides new items how different are the games mechanics now? I used to be into making self sustaining mob farms and doing redstone shit. I never really fucked with enchanting but I know that's been majorly upgraded
>>
>>163093024
http://pastebin.com/crj5ZZV8
>>
>>163092505
You need to install OpenGL drivers for your Arch Linux setup. Now confess: Who told you Arch was ever a good idea?
>>
>>163093560
opengl is installed...
>arch
It isnt a meme, i've been running it for 9 years way ahead of all the ricer meme bullshit
>>
>>163093245
output of
>glxinfo | grep -e string -e ^direct
please
>>
>>163092825
>falling for the tranny meme mod
>>
Remember: Game is dead.
>>
>>163095604
>implying there's anything wrong with necrophilia
>>
>>163092614
mawpc
>>
File: 2015-12-21_06.46.58.png (523KB, 1360x705px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_06.46.58.png
523KB, 1360x705px
>>163095604
you could complain about it being dead or you could play on your server of choice
>>
File: smug albino dodoria.jpg (46KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
smug albino dodoria.jpg
46KB, 680x381px
>>163094941
>falling for the neckbeard elitist bandwagon
Botania is fun, m8.

And if anything, me playing Botania the way I want is just going to trigger Vazkii-chan even more. "Muh vision!"
>>
>>163018043
Sounds comfy. One warning is that this modpack sounds very exploitable, with Blood Magic and Twilight Forest and TiCon/Iguana Tweaks in there. There will probably be a MAWPC way to cheese the game and become super strong for very little effort. Just make sure you don't add ExtraUtils, because that interacts with those mods in the most MAWPC ways ever.

If you're going to have Flaxbeard Steam Power and you want trains, consider adding Railcraft for more steam shit. Also maybe Factorization, for that same reason. Always need more steam.

Automagy is the best Thaumcraft addon, always get it.

>Does Natura add more biomes? I think it at least adds Nether biomes doesn't it?
Only Nether biomes. It also adds some new overworld trees.

>There was this one mod that I forget what it was called, changed up terrain generation a bit, made all the rivers actually have a current instead of being stagnant water, let things like waterfalls and caves that go through hills with a river in the middle and such, rivers would start with tributaries and merge to make bigger rivers and such, it was really neat.
Streams mod

>Are there any other mods that would fit this theme well? Maybe a nice airship mod? I haven't kept track of most of those other than back when you could make a giant airship in Redpower using frame motors.
Try Archimedes' Ships.

>Is there anything like Redpower again with the frame motors and such that I can couple with computercraft to make intricate things like automatic drawbridges and vault doors and such?
Try Redstone in Motion or Framez or Funky Locomotion or... well, there are a lot of frames mods.
>>
>>163096625
>Archimedes' Ships+
It's more feature-complete and less buggy than regular Archimedes' ships.
>>
>>163056093
How do you generate something this awesome?
>>
>>163097087
RTG + BoP + possibly properly configured climate control
>>
>>163088102
>mostly in situations where I needed to get item A to location B in very close quarters. Conveyors have some drawbacks you'll start to understand when you begin using them.

Hoppers and hopperducts you fucking heathen.
>>
>>163086179
Why do you have a painting of coolguy on your wall?

Why are you using Greg?
>>
>>163097628
>hoppers
>moving items up
Wut
>>
>>163097960
>HopperDucts

:^)
>>
>>163096291
DESU I'm just checking in to spout opinions on mods even though my desire to actually play the game has dwindled to nil.

I guess if somebody comes up with a super comfy magic + adventure + aesthetics modpack, and sets up a comfy server, I might be into that, but I'm bored of automating shit.
>>
>>163098113
>use this modded item instead of that one
>but why, Anon?
>le monkey face
Good talk. This was a great conversation we just had.
>>
>>163098359
I'm a habitual shitposter, what can I say?
>>
>>163098580
Less.
>>
>>163096625
What is MAWPC?
What about Twilight Forest plus Blood Magic plus Iguana Tweaks makes it particularly exploitable?

I was going to include Extra Utilities just for the drums and compressed blocks mostly. Disable a lot of the other stuff. What's bad in it?

Do you think Factorization is a good addition? Does it add much more? I'm trying to avoid as much overlap in function of machines as I can between mods so I don't end up with a lot of redundant components in my modpack that nobody will use.
>>
>>163099629
>Might
>As
>Well
>Play
>Creative
It's a /mcg/ buzzword that minmaxers use to blame other people for why they can't have fun.

Basically, any system or cross-mod interaction that makes the game easier is MAWPC. Example being using the health regeneration flower from Botania with Blood Magic so you can drain yourself of blood for infinity with nearly no negative consequences and very little effort.

You can either use ModTweaker to change/remove crafting recipes orrrrrrrr...just don't do any of that broken shit.

Minecraft is a sandbox game so giving yourself a challenge is essential to enjoying the game, but it's human nature to try to avoid challenges through guile.
>>
All of a sudden, whenever I click the search bar in NEI or anything else at the bottom of a menu while fullscreen, it forces me into Windowed. How can I fix this?
>>
>>163101857
I've played a lot of mods and I would only call EE2 "MAWPC" I think people here are just stupid.
>>
File: 2016-12-18_13.24.52.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_13.24.52.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I liked my multi-towered base idea at first, but now I'm realized that every time I forget an essential item, I have to run down the tower I'm working in, run to my main workshop tower, try to remember what I needed, then climb all the way back up to the tower I was originally working on.

Fuck I miss flight.
>>
>>163101857
Those are exploits. They're close to the definition of MAWPC, but not exactly it. They usually aren't the intended way of doing things according to the mod maker.
MAWPC is rather a mod feature that deliberately makes a task easier, to the level of lack of effort that you might as well play creative instead of using that in survival.

In my opinion MAWPC is objectively bad, because even though people have different definitions of fun, there usually are many players who complain that they can grind all mods to completion in a day and run out of things to do.
I believe those are the same people who object mods being called "MAWPC".
>>
>>163102647
if you have enderio you should put down travel anchors basically everywhere
>>
>>163101857
>>163102610
>>163102780
/mcg/ has been arguing about the definition of MAWPC since at least 2014 and probably a lot longer before. There will never be a satisfactory definition that doesn't involve personal preference.
>>
>>163102647
>>163102838
This. It's pretty much mandatory if you want to have a non-cobble9x9 base and keep it practical.
>>
>>163103069
>>163103186
Yeah travel anchors are going to improve navigation a lot. I'm also going to put pavingstones of travel on all the bulwarks so I'll still be able to walk places comfortably.

Trouble is I'm kinda at a loss as to where I should have power generation. And without decent power gen, it's not feasible to do any meaningful work towards Ender I/O.

My last base was super vertical and I had a lot of lag issues. This decentralized base is providing me with some unique design challenges, but I'm still REALLY liking the experience.
>>
rip clay grag serb
>>
>>163103774
crustyanus.ddns.net or 104.199.44.12
The IP of the server was changed when he moved it from the floor to a rack
>>
>>163103604
Just make a stirling engine and an alloy smelter, that's all you need to get the materials for anchors.

I see you're going for a medieval feel, so either put the machinery in a blacksmith like building, or just hide them underground or something.
>>
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/253869-growable-storage-cells#t1:description

Why don't you have this mod in your modpack?
>>
File: 2.png (624KB, 989x635px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
624KB, 989x635px
>>163104264
Because 1.10 sucks.
>>
>>163037337
NICE im looking forward to it. it has both elder scrolls and warcraft orc aesthetics going on
>>
>>163104591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfLCuHSZ-U
>>
>>163102780
>They usually aren't the intended way of doing things according to the mod maker.
Who gives a fuck what those swelled head faggots think. I'm going to play the the way I want to.
>>
>>163106723
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>163106723
I was explaining the difference between exploits and MAWPC, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>163107029
And I'm using it as a soapbox to complain about control freak devs, you big ninny.
>>
>>163099629
>>163101857
>>163101857

Mostly the problem is the magic wood modifier on TCon tools which is totally fucking ridiculous.

Also, Cursed Earth spawner machines for Blood Magic altars are pretty powerful but they still take some effort to set up at least so eh.

ALSO

Flight rings or any kind of jetpack really trivializes the Twilight Forest. Of course, you'll probably want one for building anyway.
>>
>>163104264
>growing some item with no possible lore / world explanation
>1.10.2

how can one post contain so much bad taste

I bet you think EvilCraft is good.
>>
Minecraft is dead. Modding is dead.
>>
>>163107554
>magic wood modifier on TCon tools
What does it do?
>>
>>163108209
I think it gives you 8 extra modifier slots for each piece you make out of magical wood or something like that.
http://i.imgur.com/j6Nk6ze.png
>>
File: j6Nk6ze.png (855KB, 1920x1033px) Image search: [Google]
j6Nk6ze.png
855KB, 1920x1033px
>>163108568
Why would I link an image rather than just posting it, I guess I have brain problems
>>
>>163108568
>8 extra modifier slots
Fucking what? Is that TiCon itself or Iguana Tweaks?

Can I remove that with tweaker or anything?
>>
>>163108973
Extra Utils
>>
What mod let's you make an automatic cobble generator by putting water cobble and lava together then slapping some kind of collecting machine on top of the cobble block?
>>
>>163109728
Extra Utilities/Extra Simple with the transfer node over a cobblegen and using world interaction upgrades.
>>
>>163097757
cause greg is the real coolguy
>>
>>163109889
Are there any mods that add compressed cobble/dirt/gravel and those handy giant movable storage drums for liquid without all the other fag stuff Extra Utilities adds? All I want are the compressed blocks and the drums.

Can you move Storage Drawers around anyway like you can just pick up the Extra Utilities drums anyway? Like the equivalent of a JABBA dolly?
>>
>>163110245
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/222400-ultra-compression-mod

Drawers can be broken with the contents still inside if you use the tape from the same mod on them.

Dunno about drums.
>>
>>163110245
yeah storagedrawers has an item called packing tape which you stick on with right-click and it lets you move the drawer without spilling its contents.

Extra Simple is a cut-down version of XU. unfortunately it still adds a lot of bloated shit like 3 tiers of drums which are unnecessary. but it does have a lot less 'junk' compared to XU.

if you REALLY want just compressed blocks and drums unfortunately someone would have to make a mod with just those things.
>>
File: 2016-02-09_13.32.26.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09_13.32.26.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Bamp
>>
>>163110657
>Extra Simple
Got a link? I can't find anything about that
>>
>>163107908
Not yet.
>>
>>163090809
im sitting through 2 hours of
>muh architect studies
>>
https://minecraft.net/en/article/welcome-broville

Well, we made it.
>>
File: Connection guide.png (172KB, 1072x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Connection guide.png
172KB, 1072x1544px
>>163008550
>>163084042
This one might be

The terrafirmacraft server has just received its first major update. To connect to the TFC server:

1: Download and install MultiMC from http://multimc.org

2: Start MultiMC, right click any white part of the main window, choose Create instance, give it a name like TFC Server in the top-most typing area, click the Import Modpack radio button, copy and paste https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxiz2ds6l4lez7j/TFC%20Serb.zip?dl=1 below Import Modpack, and click OK.

3: Log into your account in the top-right corner, click the small Play button on the right, and connect to the server. The IP and port are 198.50.193.8:25594

>Discord link: https://discord.gg/vPJ8rvJ

>Changelog (too large to fit in one post, so hang tight):

>Added 4 structures which will rarely appear in new chunks. Each of them have a themed cache of items which will help players in various ways, especially new ones. More than 20 of the items aren't normally in the game, and some unlock entirely new gameplay mechanics in TFC. Every item found in these structures will help with exploration, surviving, building, combat, or just having fun. Each structure also has its own highly useful easter egg for added fun
>>
File: T34.png (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
T34.png
2MB, 1200x1600px
>>163114894
>Added Malisis' Doors, a mod which adds a ton of new doors, door animations, and door mechanics to the game. Notable features include block mixers, machines that let you make your own doors, player sensors, vanishing frames, camo fence gates, and forcefields

>Created TFC-compatible crafting recipes for:
Advanced rails
All 55 items in Malisis' Doors
Electric rails
High speed rails
Iron bars
Reinforced rails
Rock crushers
Standard rails
Stone railbeds
Teleporters

>Added Sign Picture, a mod which lets players create any image they want in-game. Tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9aQxWlQ38

>Added Vanilla-Inspired Teleporters, an endgame mod which can help players travel large distances to places they've already been before. The materials involved in crafting a single teleporter take a very long time and several degrees of luck to obtain, so don't expect to craft one within your first few days of playing. One fun aspect of this is that you can stumble across other players' teleporter networks and travel to new locations through luck/persistence

>Cave-ins are now more likely to drop ores instead of destroying them
>Food decay is less severe over long periods of time
>In consideration of the fact that vanilla MC has 1 hunger bar and TFC essentially has 2, and to allow exploration over longer distances, the global hunger and thirst loss rates have been reduced from 100% each to 80% each
>>
>>163114626
Neato
>>
>>163115090
>Added Malisis' Doors
Lol last time I checked, either that mod or the core mod it requires was super unstable. Flux Buddies even had issues with it on air.
>>
>>163115374
That's a shame. The one bug I've run into while using it is that some doors leave ghost blocks behind if you destroy them while they're open but, aside from that, it's been stable for me. Fortunately I haven't been able to replicate this bug in survival mode
>>
File: WksrZBfGePY.jpg (102KB, 580x614px) Image search: [Google]
WksrZBfGePY.jpg
102KB, 580x614px
Is this set of mods ok for comfy playtrogh? Is there any more i should include? Unfortunately i can't manage to add bibliocraft here, it makes game crash on startup.
>>
>>163076962
>1200+ pieces of rail laid out.
lol, OK. meanwhile I'll continue zipping by at lightning speed using a jetpack.
>>
>>163078281
The trend is already going toward 1.10, and more and more people will continue to switch as mods like BC, Thaumcraft, and TE are converted.

There's nothing anyone can do to stop it, therefore an individual like me playing 1.10 has no effect on minecraft.
>>
>>163117018
>There's nothing anyone can do to stop it
There's plenty that can be done to stop it, but aside from that fact, there is no reason to "upgrade" to 1.10.
Shit RAM usage, shit performance, shit mods, shit bloat added by vanilla.
Huffing shit quality memes isn't a reason to upgrade and never will be.
>>
>>163089698
>>163089842
OK I've seen here before that everyone hates Reika because he's a furfag, and uninstalling his mod can (or does it always?) bork your singleplayer world.

But is there much wrong with the mod's content itself? It's always looked super neato to me.
>>
>>163117671
With the mod's content?
Nothing.
Other than it is quite buggy and poorly optimized.

And reactorcraft is annoyingly retarded.
>>
>>163096175
yea manually sifting through thousands of items is such a fun and interesting gameplay mechanic to overcome
>>
is there any sort of mod that makes enemies actively hunt me and my base? i wanna feel in danger for once
>>
>>163117671
>But is there much wrong with the mod's content itself? It's always looked super neato to me.
Hahahahaha if you want to try them so bad, you deserve what you have coming to you.

No one's stoppin you. Go ahead and give them a spin. Post pictures. Some Anon played through Chromaticraft and documented his entire journey here on /mcg/. The rest of us got a good laugh out of it.
>>
>>163117393
Nobody said 1.10 was superior. But it is the future.
>>
>>163118287
Link pls
>>
>>163118406
For reddit, maybe.
Nothing stops people from playing what they want besides themselves.
>>
>>163118427
Where the fuck do you think you are, faggot
>>
>>163117671
It really is pretty neat. I played with it a little on my last world and it feels better than your generic tech mod. It actually challenges you to accomplish certain things, and there are usually many ways to do that unlike most mods I played. It's true that Reika is a massive faggot and autist, but you really should give it a try.

I hope I can go ahead build a tokamak this time, even if it means my world will get fucked.

>>163118287
Yeah I remember him. I also remember that he enjoyed it. The screens looked pretty cool too. You sound like you're full of shit.
>>
>>163118580

Screencap pls
>>
>>163118580
Archive link pls
>>
>>163118540
>For reddit, maybe.
A growing minority here too.

>Nothing stops people from playing what they want besides themselves
People will want to switch to 1.10.

Look, we know that 1.7.10 is superior. But we both know most people will be on 1.10 in a year or two.
>>
File: IT WAS REDDIT THE WHOLE TIME.jpg (74KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
IT WAS REDDIT THE WHOLE TIME.jpg
74KB, 500x492px
>>163118624
>Yeah I remember him. I also remember that he enjoyed it. The screens looked pretty cool too.
>The screens looked pretty cool too.
>looked pretty cool
Ok you saying that proves to me that you not only don't remember the Anon in question but that you have no idea what a Reika mod looks like.
>>
>>163118783
>growing minority
The retention rate of /mcg/ is abominably low.
Considering that 1.10posting consists of mostly people asking whether or not they should use 1.10, I highly doubt that it is growing.

And only redditors would be foolish enough to believe that they can lock themselves to a version.
>>
File: 1477139626079.png (186KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477139626079.png
186KB, 332x512px
>>163119071
>It's another /mcg/ can't fathom people having different opinions episode
>>
>>163119494
No really. Someone post a screenshot from Chromaticraft so we can all look at how much AIDS it is.
>>
File: WiDX0K8.png (268KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
WiDX0K8.png
268KB, 854x480px
>>163119621
I'm not seeing any problems
>>
File: 1481933331860.jpg (8KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
1481933331860.jpg
8KB, 220x229px
>>163119071
>I don't like his opinions
>I know what to do! I'll just call him reddit!

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/127996549/#q128175223
And now you can't deny that some people can like things even if you don't.
>>
File: Dragon Api 1.webm (3MB, 720x436px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Api 1.webm
3MB, 720x436px
>>163119621
Obligatory
>>
>>163120001
Bro you haven't even turned it on yet, but even when idle those runes clash horribly with each other.

>>163120154
Yeah. That's more in line with what I remember.
>>
>>163119071
>Having a different opinion PROVES you dont know who or what Im talking about
>Having an opinion I dont like proves you never played that mod before too

He was right, youre full of shit
>>
>>163120154
Whats the problem?
>>
File: Dragon Api 2.webm (3MB, 720x436px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Api 2.webm
3MB, 720x436px
>>163120768
Just Reika things.
>>
>>163120641
I understand why you'd need to think that to protect your own uninformed opinions, but we're talking about something we can actually look at and evaluate critically.
>>
>>163113831
Convince me.
>>
>>163121532
Why?
>>
>>163121532
Why

Who are you that we should give a fuck

We're all busy playing our dead game
>>
>>163101857
>giving yourself a challenge is essential to enjoying the game
no it's not. perhaps for you, but do not presume to speak for others.
>>
File: 1478060077516.jpg (62KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1478060077516.jpg
62KB, 500x495px
>>163118217
pls respond
>>
>>163118217
Hostile Worlds
>>
>>163097152
Would you mind sharing your config?
>>
>>163122454
It's not mine, I'm afraid.
>>
>>163122563
Would you mind sharing your modpacks config?
>>
File: painting.png (26KB, 77x108px) Image search: [Google]
painting.png
26KB, 77x108px
>>163122693
I meant the screenshot, you idiot.
It's not mine, I just know what causes that.
>>
File: 1414703259347.gif (150KB, 338x359px) Image search: [Google]
1414703259347.gif
150KB, 338x359px
What's a great modpack to play with friends?

Can't make one myself as they refuse to get anything that isn't on some launcher.
>>
>>163122946
New friends
>>
>>163122946
>launcher
Use multimc, all they need is a url to your multimc instance.and they just play it
>>
>>163122946
That severely limits the choices, but what do they like from modded minecraft?
>>
>>163079003
> build looks like poop
Nah you are not autistic dont worry.
>>
>>163123356
Wait shit how does that work? Can you use any mods or only pre-approved multimc mods?
>>
>>163123563
Multimc is just a program.You go in and make your instance, add the mods,settings,resource pack etc. Once it is how you like it you just export it to a single file,then upload that somewhere. Give them the link and they just import and and click play
>>
>>163123563
>right click instance
>click export
>give you a zip
>upload zip to a site
>get url for direct dowload
>give to friends
>they boop it in multimc
>it sets literally everything up for them
>>
>>163121990
You should watch that episode of the Twilight Zone where the gambler dies and goes to "Heaven."

Also kill yourself. 1) Watch Twilight Zone then 2) kill yourself.
>>
>>163123458
>stark monotextured walls
>built above terrain, not integrated into terrain
>no embellishments
>no depth
I dunno, looks pretty autistic to me.
>>
>>163118217
Zombie Awareness, Epic Siege Mod

>>163117671
His mods are fairly unique, complex and somewhat fresh. I like them very much and quite often add them to my packs, however, i absolutely hate him personally, he's arrogant, stubborn, self-absorbed prick and makes me want to fucking punch his dumb face in.
That's about it.

>>163118287
?
I've played quite extensively with both RoC and Chromaticraft. Apart from some visual bugs in RoC and CC being TOO obtuse and uninformative (and endgame purest cancer), it's one damn impressive mod. Don't remember bugs even. I wouldn't play it through endgame ever again though, fuck ythat shit

>>163119494
>>163120116
>>163120641
It's probably that autist who always looses his shit completely and starts foaming at the mouth when you mention shiteika, on one hand i don't feel like blaming him for hating that faggot, on the other he's hilariously autistic in his endless rage-fueled frothing shitfits i'm sure there's something wrong with him.
>>
>>163123698
>>163123760
Oh, so it requires the ability to upload all the data in your modpack then.

Well I guess I'll have to wait until my Christmas break is over because I have an upload speed of 0.10 megabits per seconds at home.
>>
>>163125297
Its a one time thing.
You only have to upload it when you make changes to the modpack
>>
>>163124615
>Apart from some visual bugs in RoC and CC being TOO obtuse and uninformative (and endgame purest cancer), it's one damn impressive mod
Look at this BEAMING endorsement of Reika's mods from someone who has taken the time to play them.
>>
>>163125491
How big does a modpack end up being? In the most optimal conditions possible I can upload at like 15 kilobytes per second.

I can't upload files that are bigger than 2.5 or 3 megabytes to 4chan or my captcha times out before it uploads
>>
>look at reika's reactor video
>first comment says "lol nerd voice"
>reika left a mad response

kek
>>
>>163124014
Precisely why you are not autistic.
If you were those things would have been done.
>>
>>163125687
I'd say a full featured pack would be ~100mb
>>
>>163125558
I don't care who plays what, i do often share my opinion on mods though.

>>163125735
Mighty kek, i wish he'd frequent somewhere else apart from overmoderated safespaces like lebbit and FTB forums so he could be bullied. I could only imagine how MAD he gets when someone tells him bluntly and upfront about some of his shit
When i had a shitton of question and had to post on mcf, i did stuffed a moderate bit of critique in a neutral manner nd that was already enough for him to ignore me completely.
>>
>>163125982
I guess I could do that in a night if I'm lucky. I've never used MultiMC. Is it pretty easy to set up if I already have the autism to make a modpack?
>>
>>163126280
>I don't care who plays what
Literally who does?

Just because I call Reika's mods trash (and rightfully so) doesn't mean I'm going to lose any sleep over people playing them.

>>163125826
>he doesn't know about Autism cubes
Lol ok
>>
>>163126959
It's really easy, it's very fully featured.
>>
File: 2016-12-18_19.38.21.png (372KB, 1920x1056px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_19.38.21.png
372KB, 1920x1056px
>spend all day researching new mods after 3 years
>get excited
>finally made good pack
>load in
>all mods/configs work
>gen world
>ahh yisss
>explore
>explore
>explore...
>explore......
>pic related
Welp, what next?
>>
>>163128321
Improperly configured climate control
>>
>>163128515
I checked the config and beyond enabiling biomes, what is there to config?
>>
>>163128664
Biome weighting.
I think.
Ocean is set to way too high.
Don't use climate control myself.
>>
>>163128321
>>163128664
Wait so that's your first world?

You really expected to find a decent world on your first try? Cmon, bro.
>>
>>163128743
Ill check thanks
>>163128814
I've never had an isolated island genned, ever
>>
>>163129054
Ok but didn't you just say that you're coming back to Minecraft for the first time in years?

For the record, I've made upwards of 20 maps before finding one I liked enough to settle down on. That's just the name of the game when you depend on randomly generated content.
>>
>>163129306
woah not everyone is a lifeless autistic fuck like you.
>>
POST 1.8/1.100101010 MODS THAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN A PACK ON A SERVER. THANKS
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg (99KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
99KB, 944x712px
>>163130523
>woah not everyone is a lifeless autistic fuck like you
>>
Does realistic world generation mod make mountains tall enough to go above 126 height?

Are there any mods that changes the nether terrain generation at all? A tall nether that goes up to build limit with large caverns and tunnel catacombs and everything would be pretty neat.
>>
>>163130841
Where can I find an HD rip of that episode?
>>
File: questionmark-dog.jpg (33KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark-dog.jpg
33KB, 460x460px
>>163130569
>post 1.8
>mods
>>
>>163131056
What version that isn't 1.7.10 should I be using then? 1.8.9 seems to have a fair amount of mods.
>>
Are there any additions to Bamboo at 1.7.10?
Since I'm working on the article, I might have to add this mod to my modpack, but it's getting a bit crowded with the number of mods.
>>
>>163131274
>version that isn't 1.7.10
None.
>>
>>163131330
Post 1.7.10 mods then.
>>
>>163131464
What kind of mods do you want?
>>
>>163131938
I dunno, whatever people want. Either a pack or just a list of mods.
>>
>>163097087
Ultimately all I changed in CC was medium and small continents to 100 and everything else to 0
Then I used forgeAmidst until I got a balanced landform at spawn
>>
>>163130924
Sent :)
>>
>>163122946
Blightfall.
>>
>>163132242
Until some dumb nigger eats all your mission outlook points endlessly dying.
>>
>>163131274
1.10 is the new standard retard. But just stick to 1.7.10.
>>
>>163133201
Lex, stop shitposting and work on moving out of a trailer park.
>>
>>163133201
ok what mods would you want on a server though
>>
>>163133268
why do people in this thread spaz out when people state facts about 1.10, even when they mention that 1.7.10 is better
>>
Anyone have Mekanism 9.1.0.281 for 1.7.10?
Their listed download 404's
>>
>>163133390
1.10 is only the "standard" for reddit, and only because lex's hotpockets lock threads about whatever isn't the latest version.
>>
>>163133482
of course 1.10 is the standard. that is the version that most mods are being made for or updated to.

that doesn't mean 1.10 is better. learn to read you retarded fuck.
>>
>>163132080
Does it still give cool island features too?
>>
File: inhales-wrong-5392190.png (98KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
inhales-wrong-5392190.png
98KB, 500x585px
>>163133558
>1.10
>the version that most mods are being made for or updated to
>>
>>163135487
it is absolutely mindblowing how fanatical people are over 1.7.10 to the point they'll deny something so obvious
>>
>>163135631
it is absolutely mindblowing how fanatical people are over 1.10 to the point they'll make up things so obviously false
>>
>>163135854
>people are fanatical over 1.10
your trolling cannot be beaten.
>>
>>163121636
>>163121696
If it's not dead then it should be easy.
>>
>>163136532
Why does it matter if the game is dead?
Literally what does it change?
Katawa Shoujo is dead as fuck, doesn't stop /ksg/
>>
How is Chromaticraft
>>
>>163136532
Farting is easy, but that doesn't mean I'll do it just because you tell me to.
>>
>>163135953
You'd have to be fanatical to insist we should switch over to it at this point.
>>
File: 2016-12-19_05.46.37.png (568KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_05.46.37.png
568KB, 1920x1017px
there are 8 people playing on 達金服務器 right now, you should join in too
>>
>>163138347
nobody said anything about how anyone should be moving to 1.10
>>
>>163138418
>new standard
>>
>>163138519
1.10 is the standard. that doesn't mean anyone should be moving to it. i stated multiple times that 1.7.10 was better.
>>
File: 1479005260116.png (33KB, 543x343px) Image search: [Google]
1479005260116.png
33KB, 543x343px
>>163132409
>Until some dumb nigger eats all your mission outlook points endlessly dying.
Or until some memester griefs a base with a bound pick (because he's butthurt they're not letting him use their thaum setup) and the Cerder admin shuts down the server for bad reasons. :^) :^) :)^ :^^^^^
>>
>>163137146
Sorta shit. It's a lot of content, some of that content is very flashy, some of that content is very laggy. It has its good elements but it isn't really a paragon of good game design, especially the research system. It gives you some really cool toys, however.
>>
>>163138352
u wot

What mods are on it?
>>
>>163132080
I was able to find the latest forgeamidst for 1.7.10 but I have not yet found a description of what it is or does
What is it?
>>
>>163138920
look at the server pad
>>
Can someone explain how I should properly be progressing in Thaumcraft and Applied Energistics? The documentation for mods is fucking garbage.
>>
>>163138947
>forgeamidst
Use climate control
>>
>>163139268
>thaumcraft
read the fucking book and scan shit

>applied energistics
microcraft cells bigger then make autocrafter
>>
Is hoboserb still dead?
>>
>>163139268
>Thaumcraft
You scan and research
>Applied Energistics
You build a huge autosorting,autocrafting goliath that does everthing you could possibly want at any given time,in any dimension
>>
>>163139301
I don't even know what forgeamidst is and I already have climate control in my pack
>>
>>163138352
>>163139186
>Advanced Rocketry

mah nigga
>>
>>163138603
>x is the new standard
>doesn't mean anyone should move to it

this is the part where I link that xkcd comic about a guy making another standard and then there's just another new standard among the already existing standards.

people should use whatever they want, develop for whatever they want, and not feel pressured to move one way or another.

>>163138418
unfortunately the facts are that a lot of the people affiliated with MinecraftForge in some way or another--moderators on their forums, developers, whatever--are either pushing the most recent version or actively discouraging usage of older versions. not to mention people in the community at large that push the newest version because its their opinion or perception.

why? I have no idea its fucking retarded and doesn't serve any purpose. Mojang's changes to Minecraft translate to more work for the modloader folks. I dunno why they fucking bothered with 1.8 since it was such a pain in the ass to migrate to begin with. I don't know why modders essentially rebuilt their mods to move versions when everything already worked or needed work on 1.7.
I especially don't understand people in the community try to push their opinion on others. For example, I like 1.7. I want to use 1.7. Other people in the pas have posted and told me that hey I should move to 1.10, I obviously reply 'why?'. Almost unanimously the reply is "Because its the latest version." And? The latest version of mods I like to use are on 1.7, in fact the overwhelming majority of mods ARE FOR 1.7.

So what advantage, as someone that uses and plays with mods, do I get for moving to another version of the game with less selection of mods, that have radically changed or lost features in the transition. This isn't even including the fucking retarded gameplay changes Mojang forced on everyone, plus the unforgivably bad mob movement desyncs and other shit that adds no meaningful relevance to someone that uses mods. It is not worth the time.
>>
>>163140689
>>x is the new standard
>>doesn't mean anyone should move to it
do you think these statements are contradictory or something
>>
>>163138947
amidst is a mapping program that will show land and biome distribution for a seed
the forgeamidst version lets it work with RTG and CC+BoP
it adds a button to the tile menu

keep in mind it generates a copy of your CC config under the forgeamidst folder, and changes to the CC config won't be automatically copied over
>>
I LOVE Bibliocraft
>>
>>163142012
anon blue board
>>
>>163142121
my b
>>
File: mh5NCas.png (383KB, 830x710px) Image search: [Google]
mh5NCas.png
383KB, 830x710px
>>163142012
Hi Termite
>>
>>163142161
Wouldn't want you to get b&.
What lets you do that anyways?
I want to decorate bess with porn
>>
>>163142284
Bilbiocraft, a custom image pack with images that you add, and scanner.
>>
Yo.

Convince me to play this game again.
>>
>>163142673
autism
engineering
>>
Any good village-building mods on 1.7.10? The minecolonies mod looks interesting enough but it's for 1.8.9 at the very lowest.
>>
>>163144887
should make the waterfall come out like she's pissing
>>
File: 2016-12-18_21.49.56.png (928KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_21.49.56.png
928KB, 1920x1017px
>when you crash and reload and find a chunk error right outside your door
>>
>>163144887
anon this is a jewish board
>>
File: 2016-12-18_21.14.01.png (2MB, 1920x1028px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_21.14.01.png
2MB, 1920x1028px
I think I fucked up fishing somehow
>>
>>163131330

>still using 1.7.*

Asie/Vazkii PLS
>>
>tfw waiting for serb
>>
>>163148017
asie is making fixes for 1.10+ tho
>>
>>163148017
Show me when my entire library of mods has been ported to a later version.
>>
>>163144887
That's a hairy puss.
>>
>>163139386
>>163139356
But how? Also, the research in thaumcraft is a massive pain in the ass. How do I get vis to craft shit or essentia for literally anything?
>>
>>163149093
dood really
>>
>>163149001
Not really
>>
>>163149337
There is hair on it.

Therefore it is a hairy puss.
>>
>>163149093
>research is asspain
Yes, there are a few addons that do things to fix this, like forbidden magic, which has a flower that gives you research thingies, or gadomancy which has some kind of thing that can automate things.
>vis
Earlygame, set up mob grinder, they drop little orbs that the wand can succ
Lategame, feed a hungry node tons of wooden swords, then do a thing to make it a tainted node.
From there I think you can purify it and make it not a tainted node, no clue on that one.

Or just get an addon that has a wand that gets its power from elsewhere.
>essentia
throw everything in thing, get big boiler thing, then bigger boiler thing
>>
Reminder this exist, if you are kind you can fill it with articles like clayium, gregism, terrafirma, thaumcraft, etc.
>>
>>163150209
http://mcgeneral.wikia.com/
>>
>>163149573
I have forbidden magic, what is that flower?
>>
>>163150373
Do you also have botania?
Should have mentioned that it also needs that.
>>
>>163150418
Yes.
Blightfall
>>
>>163150418
Gross
>>
>>163149365
more like fuzzy
its got 4 o cock shadow
it aint got a rip van winkle thing going on
>>
>>163090809
Hes mad about people confusing medieval with medieval fantasy and with people using ambiguous terms, this is the equivalent of someone getting mad due to getting misgendered, and in the comment explaining why those words were "important" is so pathethic. And of course im not gonna spend 3 hours watching it, do you know where the structural design part is?
>>
File: 2016-12-19_01.20.29.png (1MB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_01.20.29.png
1MB, 1360x706px
I combined two Noodlor builds to make a unique one, an infernal pagoda
>>
>>163154445
thats really freaking A E S T H E T I C But wheres the fucking floor?
>>
>>163154710
Right here anon, what? Cant you see it? Is the heat from the lava affecting you?
>>
File: 2016-12-19_01.27.46.png (348KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_01.27.46.png
348KB, 1360x706px
>>163154786
Autism
>>
>>163154863
i swear that wasnt there in the first screenshot
>>
File: 2016-12-19_00.38.45.png (965KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_00.38.45.png
965KB, 1920x1080px
Now that the pain in the ass black steel anvil is out of the way it's time to start on a barn. Wish I'd grabbed more than one maple sapling, that shit is far as fuck.
>>
>>163155092
Should your forge area be made of wood.
>>
>>163155194
There are no open flames, though I did lose part of a wall from placing pit kilns too close to the exterior.
>>
New magic serv, This time with less bugs because I've finally found out the source of a lot of them and kind of know what to do now
Modlist:
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/magicserb

Post suggestions/recommendations
>>
>>163155485
Look's bretty good.
>>
What are some good quest modpacks? I need a break from my custom one.
>>
>>163156253
Out of those i've played with, i liked Blightfall and Banished, it's pretty hard to find decent HQM\BQ pack it seems, and i've noticed only premade map-based one's are any good at all.
What's your custom questpack?
>>
>>163156253
Unfortunately, most modpack makers have literally no imaginations, so blightfall and to the core are the only two that I can remember that aren't specifically shitty tutorials for retards without intuition.
Probably a few others now, but they're scarce.
>>
Fellow TFCbros, how do you get past the sheer grind that is getting ore? Even finding it?
I even ran around in creative (I know, I know I feel awful for it) and after half an hour of flying around pro-picking I didn't find any kaolonite, graphite or copper. I only found fucking gold and bizmuth.

Should I just give up and gen a new map? I've got a nice base and some farm animals but fuck me I just can't find any ore
>>
>>163155485
>want to play on new magic serb
>but also enjoying 達金服務器 serb
I CAN'T DECIDE
AAAAAAAAA
>>
https://imgur.com/a/Sieao
Noodlor can you post more than two shitty angles?
This getting me inspired.
>>
>>163156818
Come now anon, Magicserb is the best.
>>
>>163156868
But I've spent the best part of at least 16 hours by now getting to the bronze age and I can't just let that go.
>>
>>163156923
Just let go anon, fall gently back into the void that is waiting for you in Magicserb.
also post mod recommendations
>>
>>163155485
When will the serb/pack be up?
>>
>>163157863
Few hoursish after I test some things and upload them.
>>
>>163155485
>no Extra Utils
Why the fuck would you ever have a server without XU
Stone compression is fucking essential if you don't want chests all over the place
>>
>>163158147
Suggest it then you goose. I was actually just thinking about adding it, the problem is that it adds generators and machines for things that aren't really needed with the current mods. I'll look into configuring it.
>>
Are you looking in the correct stone biome?
>>
>>163158254
>>163156724
>>
File: 2016-12-19_02.43.57.png (1MB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_02.43.57.png
1MB, 1360x706px
Its almost 3 am and Im tired af from work but if I sleep I will lose my inspo, fucking help.
>>
File: dagoth_ur.png (242KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth_ur.png
242KB, 604x438px
>>163152895
He makes good point throughout the video, similar to the Leon Krier video I linked to in my reacion.

If you don't want to sit through the whole video, among others I recommend his series on Morrowind:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL803A0A5E28E2CB77

I do get what he's concerned about, but in my opinion taking labels too serious only results in even more isolation and discrimination. Implying you need to read x, y and z books before you can even say or do something yourself.
>>
ArsMagica for magicserb2.0 yes or not?
>>
>>163159738
>Arse magics
>for a magic serb
Gee I wonder
Personally I think the mod is shit and all the mobs it adds in look like trash but it's alright I guess.
>>
>>163158254
Yeah man, I'm making sure to but I'm just not finding any decent deposits
>>
What terrain generator for Magicserb.
>>
>>163139268
>8 hours later

Applied Enershitistics:
>Config disable channels unless you're an absolute madman - I just like an experience closer to AE1
>Find your favorite travel method and prepare to grind for 1 hour+
>Craft meteorite finder
>Follow it to find meteorites to break with a (diamond+?) pick, find the chest inside
>Continue until you have 4 different presses
>Find a few charged certus quartz underground
>Follow NEI to make a charger, power acceptor, fluix cable, and inscriber
>Hook up the power acceptor to a generator and use fluix cables to connect the charger and inscriber to the acceptor
>Put your microcrafting hat on and make a drive, at least one 1k cell, an access terminal, and a fluix cable
>You will also want 1-4 crystal growth accelerators to make "pure" versions of the crystals you use in crafting

Congration, you are now the 1-block storage man. Increase capacity with additional 1k cells and drives.
>>
File: 1455496767222.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1455496767222.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>163156253
>Making a custom questpack
>Adding HQM quests for 2 hours
>Minecraft crashes
>Forgot to save since I started

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
Alright, magicserb pack is pretty much done. Do I use Biomes O Plenty is the question now.
>>
>>163163271
I'm still here, thanks Anon.
>>
>>163164864
Not him, but do you still need help with Thaumcraft?
>>
>>163164916
Somewhat, yes. I just spent hours making a primal charm and I have no idea where to go from here.
>>
>>163165307
Ah, i thought you might be stuck somewhere in the beginning.
Keep the charm for now i guess, it'll randomly open a research while in your inventory (you'll hear the paper scribing sound) and it also randomly pops out aspect orbs for your wand to absorb.
I would recommend not rushing it too much, TC is somewhat tied to vanilla progress, some things open after you scan mundane things (enderpearls, bats, swords\axes etc) or some specific TC things.
In blightfall, your most important items are series of taint-cleaners, Ethereal Blossom being first step. Craft them at your leisure to help secure territory for animal farms\tree farms and such, make tools that look useful, do quests, explore and so on
It should actually be somewhat smooth sail if you don't stress around one mod
>>
>>163165778
Alchemy is what kills me. Making the balanced shard for the charm took me like 20 minutes.
>>
File: thaumatorium.png (131KB, 555x345px) Image search: [Google]
thaumatorium.png
131KB, 555x345px
>>163165929
You need this ASAP. It's still kinda annoying moving jars here and there but it's nowhere near fucking with crucible
>>
>>163127036
I guess its called a spectrum for a reason.
>>
Magicserb 2.0 is up and hopefully not crashing.

for download link and info.
>>
File: 2016-12-19_11.09.34.png (154KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_11.09.34.png
154KB, 1024x576px
>>163084223
There, I think it's done now.
>EIO tank holds the ender goop
>tally box from Automagy detects if there's a tesseract frame in the basin, then sends a redstone signal through the tank into the servo below
And to the right, a blood infuser from Evilcraft turning cobblestone into netherrack, and a magma crucible turning it into lava that gets sent into the drum and is then supplied where it needs to go via LP.

On a side note, holy shit my FPS is already starting to tank hard in here, if I recall correctly ever since I placed a thermal whatsit tower from Mekanism close by (the lag didn't go away when I tore it down though). Oh well, time to move everything into pocket dimensions I guess
>>
File: 2016-12-19_11.03.27.png (132KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_11.03.27.png
132KB, 1024x576px
And a TE-powered sugar cane/cactus farm because why not. The machines on the sides are terrain smashers and the one in the middle is an acquisition apparatus, thank you for having dumb mechanics vanilla.
>>
>>163142012
>>163142284
>replying to posts from 10 years ago but
Here's something to make that even easier.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/sign-picture
Just push the Sign Picture key, paste URL to image, mess around with settings during preview, then hit something that looks like an OK and place a vanilla sign.
>>
>>163090809
I'm making a youtube account atm just to comment that this dude is an autist.

>Curiously we start in the air

Theres so much in this video that makes me rage its not even funny.

>Anything past that is East Asia (aka yellow slanty-eyes land).

This was a little too far, but I know you're joking. This guy is a hilarious autist and I hope he realizes how much of a pseudo-intellectual he is.
>>
>>163170426
>that was a little too far
t. cuckold
Asians are an inherently inferior race of people that exist to be subservient to white men.
>>
>>163170426

>I'm making a youtube account atm just to comment that this dude is an autist.
Please don't be that guy... Internet chimpouts like calling people cuckolds or faggot resolve nothing.

>but I know you're joking.
It should be pretty obvious.
>>
>>163170964
I'm not going to call him a faggot OR a cuck. I'm going to politely if not staunchly illicit why he's spouting pseudo-intellectual bullshit to self inflate his "book learnins" and over-applying theory in places where it has no place being.
>>
>>163171193
t. a probable trump-voting coal miner who is a proud bumblefuck.
>>
>>163170964
>>163171193
Oh, apparently I have to make a channel to even comment, nevermind I'm way too lazy.

What bothers me is that his imaginary reasoning isn't even correct.

When he says, "go to tokyo, look at the buildings, the skyscrapers, when you build these you're taking away the cultural history of the people and erasing it."

Well... no actually, and the MAIN example he used is even the MOST incorrect. If he had said like Poland or something, maybe I'd agree because there's lots of international businesses building new buidlings in Warsaw and such. But ESPECIALLY for the japs, no one builds in tokyo except japs. Japs don't let foreigners have any majority role in their society. So if anyone is building architecture that "erases their culture" its fucking THEM. THEY ARE ERASING THEIR OWN CULTURE.

Not to mention how fucking hung up he is on context.

"Take a polar bear and put it in the San Diego Zoo, it doesn't make sense".

Sure it fucking does, because a Zoo is a context of its own, if anything it makes the polar bear MORE interesting, because its base factors are now completely different from its original "purpose".

TLDR if someone is going to be an assmad autist, the least they can do is spout semi-intellectual arguments and not pseudo-intellectual opinionated slop.
>>
>>163171307
Im quite the opposite actually, if you were going to relegate me to a "meme-label" I'm probably a Lib-tard. I am a cuck and I voted for obama.

BTW its me Adramelekh
>>
What's /vg/'s opinion on nude skins? You're not playing authentic Minecraft survival unless you go at it completely nude, and use armor as clothing.
>>
>>163166931
fuck pipes, crucible is better than the thaumatorium(until you get witching gadgets' essentia pump anyway)
>>
>>163172406
>Thaumatorium
>Essentia mirrors
>that Essentia pump from Witching Gadgets
>that water brain thingy from Automagy
that guy taking a pleasurable shower.jpg
>>
>>163150209
>>163150326
Can I fill it with dank memes and shitposting?
>>
File: wellfuck.png (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wellfuck.png
769KB, 1280x720px
...Any chance of this burning out?
>>
>>163173649

no

I kinda miss old vanilla fires that shredded entire forests in seconds
>>
>>163173756
>tfw no more suddenly finding an entire forest missing from a lava pool fire
>>
>>163173871
>>163173756
why can't I find a mod to bring this back
>>
>>163170512
(you)
>>
>>163173246
Idk, maybe create a section for shitposting
>>
Dumb post coming through.
Got a new laptop and was wondering where I should buy or pirate minecraft. I just want a relaxing game over the winter holidays.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55ZjXt7rrc

Colonial themed mod w h e n
>>
>>163180323
buy it: It's easier to deal with if you have an account. Plus it's super cheap if you like these types of games, it's literally endlessly replayable.
>>
>>163181747
35 Dollars(Holy Shit) from the minecraft website or the 10 dollarinos windows 10 edition?
>>
File: bee_22[1].jpg (66KB, 607x370px) Image search: [Google]
bee_22[1].jpg
66KB, 607x370px
Why do I never see Binnie's Mods in these threads? Let me shill this for a bit. It's worth installing for the woodworker alone which lets you combine 2 different types of wood from vanilla, Forestry or the shitload of wood it adds. You can also do the same for ceramic and glass which it adds like 50 more colours for each. It's yet another reason 1.7.10 wins over every other base.
>>
>>163181017
that's kinda sad desu. Like,. I kinda feel bad when I think about a soldier that literally had nothing else to work with except that. I'd be looking for some eggs or something else at least to be able to add more than just a "dough" flavor to it. Hell, Pine trees are prevalent everywhere, just chop off the exterior bark and the interior bark is perfectly edible. Dry it out and make a flour out of it, or pan fry it with a smidgen of lard and add that to your bread to give it a flavor or something. Shit even steeping the needles from a pine tree will give a flavorful tea.
>>
File: 2016-12-19_19.01.52.png (1MB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_19.01.52.png
1MB, 1366x705px
first try of a central hub with railcraft.

Damn rails are fun, I hope this chaos is only because I learned how to do it when working on it, and it will go smoother the next time
>>
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minefantasy2
>>
>>163182760
Get the one from the Minecraft website, the $35 one. Or just pirate it.

You're DEFINITELY going to want to try mods at some point, and the W10 Edition is not moddable.
>>
so, the win 10 edition is made in c++
why isnt it being ported to win 7?
>>
>>163188618
Its shit, its basically Pocket Edition.
>>
What hosting uses most of the serb creators in /mcg/?
>>
>>163023650
Anyone?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL-PdyWl03U
>>
>>163188462
>Making the new version unmoddable.

What the fuck is Mojang/Microsoft thinking?
>>
>>163188872
Magnum (dong) torches, should avoid everything from spawning in a 20x20 iirc, so you can hide them and do smooth lighting,
>>
>>163189018
Alright, does the F7 lighting grid show areas they stop spawns in or is that only lighting dependent?

What mod adds that anyway? I just know every modpack has it.
>>
>>163188935
Q1 2017 for modifying existing content with JSON and C#, with the possibility to add new content coming later.

Don't listen to fake news.
>>
>>163188935
>Microsoft
>thinking

Funny joke.
>>
File: Screenshot (817).png (8KB, 184x346px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (817).png
8KB, 184x346px
wew(1) lads
>>
I keep trying to make the small freight car in Traincraft and it doesn't work
I keep checking the NEI recipe, I made a traincraft guide book to check there and it confirms all the parts are correct and I have the correct tier of assembly table, an I even tried googling it but it seems no one else has had this problem with any combination of words I have tried

has anyone crafted this recently?
>>
>>163189538
>an actual mod api?

I didn't think I'd ever see the day.
>>
>>163189743
Yes, it was shown on Minecon 2016 - but not on the official hyped YouTube stream, there was a far less advertised stream on Beam (also official) showcasing the Addons system.
>>
>>163189698
How
>>
>>163189802
I insulted a man's taste in anime.
>>
>>163189698
whats that?
>>
Endermites sometimes attack me (every 5 or so days?) in vanilla? What the heck is going on? Is there an angry ender man stuck somewhere?
>>
File: 1478649027426.png (221KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478649027426.png
221KB, 900x1000px
>>163171307
>>
File: mfw.jpg (86KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
86KB, 500x552px
>>163189698
this is what you get for not falling 500 blocks like i asked
>>
>>163189490
added by NEI/some codechikun thing. pretty sure its NEI.

I mean, its not really obvious in-game but red X's are places where hostile mobs WILL spawn when you get far enough away, and yellow is where they spawn at night.

some mods like Immersive Engineering for example add blocks that do not allow mob spawns. IE's concrete/hempcrete, specifically so that's something to keep in mind because it threw me for a loop when I first put it down in dark areas. other mods might do that, which is great! saves on placing lighting.
>>
>>163189724
NEI does NOT work properly with traincraft recipes. The book describes the proper tier of train building table, NEI always says Tier 1 which is wrong.

also, the book is probably wrong on material requirements. just throw in more sticks or steel ingots if it requires them because those are frequently wrong in the book AND NEI.

lastly it could just not work because, frankly, Traincraft is coded like shit. It's a disorganized slop that I'm fucking amazed works at all.

if you can get it to craft either add a crafting recipe via Minetweaker because that will work or just cheat it in since TC is such a mess.
>>
How to make a redstone traffic light?
>>
>>163194093
First you must invent the universe.
>>
>>163189698
The fuck is this
>>
>>163192650
But I did fall 500 blocks
and took no fall damage :^)
>>
Does Bamboo Mod add anything other than nipponese building blocks?
>>
>>163196639
next time ill just have to apply poison 255 on you
>>
>>163196832
food, comfyness, useful extra stuff. I dont know what else do you expect from a mod based around building using bamboo than nipponese building blocks. If you want food AMT2 or MapleTree although Bamboo does add foods and many nice decoration blocks like sliding doors and tree branches. Finally always remember that theres a nip mod that adjusts to your needs.
>>
>>163191545
Are you it's not replicator?
>>
>>163196832
Yes, it adds some food and crops, a few weapons and tools, like a bow that shoots multiple arrows at once, or those grenade thingies.
There's also a spa block, but I dunno what it does exactly yet.
>>
I wanna make an RTG Snow Climate Controlled Map with very low treegen. How do I adjust tree gen
>>
>>163198273
I mean world not map.
>>
>>163197474
I was just wondering if it added any functionality or if it was just an aesthetic mod.

What does Mapletree Mod add?
>>
>>163198273
>>163198413
I don't think there's a way to adjust tree generation, but several of the snowy biomes, forget which ones, have very very few trees.
>>
>>163198734
Just like Bamboo and AMT, it has a lot of mixed stuff in it like tools and such but the main focus are foods, it adds a full nei page of food, the other things are decoration stuff and you can even make wine the cool way with it by crushing it with your feets. I havent messed much with the mod but it has a lot of potential. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSCZLn64xDI Check the vid for a review of it.
>>
>>163199364
Is all the food placable as objects like the AMT food is? I love that shit.
>>
File: Jade_palace_360.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jade_palace_360.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
>>163156827
That's dead by a long time now.

I do have a schematic of my more recent iteration:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tkhwhnd2qge7ep/noodlor_jade_palace.schematic
>>
How far can EIO Travel Anchors work with Staff of Travelling?
>>
>>163201246
Pretty far, but not super far. Load up a creative world and test it.
>>
>>163199532
I dont think so, it has other cool things tho so you should complement your modpack with both.
>>163201179
Thats a damn fucking shame, Im getting such a good inspo out of your builds, but I think I can work with the oriental ones you have already.
>oriental
>thiskillsthesckchui.png
>>
>>163188924
Way too fast for English community
>>
What is amt?
>>
>>163203421
apple&milk&tea
>>
File: 1157808986232.jpg (129KB, 581x700px) Image search: [Google]
1157808986232.jpg
129KB, 581x700px
>>163188924
>desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu
>>
File: 2016-12-19_16.00.44.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_16.00.44.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I need to go camping soon.
>>
>>163164586
BoP
RTG+Climate Control
Streams
>>
File: 2016-03-25_21.10.20.png (915KB, 1366x716px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-25_21.10.20.png
915KB, 1366x716px
>>163204285
my nignog
>>
>>163204523
How should BoP be configured? And Climate Control? You don't want the vanilla biomes to be too hard to find.
>>
>>163205505
Just make sure you set the continent and ocean setting properly,otherwise you get giant isolated islands. BoP biomes wont change,just the location they are created at
>>
>>163205505
not him but you can dig into the climate control config file and I found it reasonable to figure out
>>
>>163203862
When in the video is that?
>>
I have a problem with Thaumcraft. I've started unlocking some of the more complex recipes and infusion and such. Problem is, it requires essentia, and I have yet to do any work with essentia at all. How do I distill objects into essentia for use?
>>
>>163206829
crucible for nigger tier essentia works that can damage environment
boiler thing for proper
>>
>>163206468
The whole video is desuga, but the shitty cute girl voice all nip mod vids have is barely understandable.
>>
File: 2016-12-20_00.18.06.png (718KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-20_00.18.06.png
718KB, 1366x705px
>>163185098
>>163009712

decided to go full retarded and make a fancy cart dispender. Because fuck everything
>>
>>163208039
Do you have shaders? You game looks a bit strange
>>
>>163208910

yes
Chocapic lite shader v6, tweaked for a whiter torch light and more brighness inside
>>
>>163201179
Btw Nood, do you plan on doing more chin chong? Its so a e s t h e t h i c.
>>
>>163155092
Those ingot piles look aesthetic as fuck.
I can't remember, it's been so long since I actually played, is that part of a mod?
>>
>>163201179
How did you build those dragons? Is this all vanilla?
>>
>>163210843
Those are from terrafirmacraft, you're probably thinking of stacks on stacks or ingot pyramid.
>>
>>163211965
it looks like quartz stairs and slabs
>>
>>163197605
The Spa Block creates a pool of special water that, when added with dyes, gives certain potion effects, but only if you soak in for a certain amount of time.

I forgot to add that into the article.
>>
>>163210843
>>163212220
Are there any mods that bring the neat aesthetic storage things like making wood piles and stacking ingots from TFC as a seperate feature?

I love having that ability but I don't want to always play TFC just to have those.
>>
>internet friends pitch in some ideas for a modpack that's different from the usual magitech kitchen sink
>listen to their feedback, give some opinions as well
>give them a prototype, nobody cares
>tweak it a bit more, finally achieve something that looks perfect in regards to what they had in mind and give them the link
>literally nobody gives a single fuck
Thank you for existing 127.0.0.1 you will always be the best server in the world
>>
File: 1481641362585.gif (605KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481641362585.gif
605KB, 400x400px
Haven't been keeping up with things since I was waiting until I got a decent PC going, is everything still on 1.7.10?
>>
>>163212685
What modlist did you wind up using?
>>
>>163212857
Yes.
>>
Are there any mods somewhat similar to Tinker's Construct but for armor and clothes instead of only weapons and tools?
>>
>>163210843
That's right, it was part of TFC. Stacks on stacks looks good but it seems pretty buggy with other mods (crashing with optifine especially.) Can't find anything on ingot pyramid, is that the mod name?

>>163212679
Agreed, that'd be dope as fuck. Does anyone know of anything like that?
>>
Anyone have Mekanism 9.1.0.281 for 1.7.10?
Their listed download 404's
>>
>>163213535
Did you even look before asking?
>>
>>163213804
Yes.
>>
>>163213867
Lol and you didn't find anything related to "Tinkers" or "Defense"? How do you get out of bed in the morning?
>>
>>163213798
https://www.mediafire.com/?sje7hlolkja3fzt
got you senpai.

>>163213535
Tinkers' Defense.
>>
>>163214029
I want a mod that has actual information about whats in it instead of something that has no details other than the mod author saying "I'm gonna purge this actually work on it later"
>>
>>163214183
>mekanism
Im a retard, do you also have tools and generators?
>>
>>163212679
Apple Milk Tea does that for eggs, doors, saddles, bottles, mob drops and I think maybe some more stuff.
>>
>>163212220
>>163213736
Disregard that, found Ingot Pyramid, will try it out. Thanks.
>>
>>163214391
https://www.mediafire.com/?h6xz21xqvrox5hy
no problem, I should've included them anyway lmao.
>>
File: 1451901725298.jpg (48KB, 372x630px) Image search: [Google]
1451901725298.jpg
48KB, 372x630px
>>163214745
Thanks
>>
File: Cry more baby.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Cry more baby.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
>>163214227
>he wants documentation
And people in Hell want ice water. Modders don't document shit. The best you'll get is some 13-year-old German kid doing a mod overview on his shitty Youtube channel. Get used to it.
>>
>>163206829
Alchemical Furnace and Alembics are what you use do melt things into essentia, it's very early in Alchemy tab, just open two flame loooking items, Nitor and Alumentum
>>
File: 2016-12-19_18.56.29.png (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_18.56.29.png
243KB, 1920x1080px
>finally get Fortune 3
>also has Auto-Smelt
Feck
>>
>>163181017

That's hella interesting desu
>>
>>163203862
deathu.
>>
>>163214860
Even the Jap mods have enough about them that you can get an idea of what they do. Tinker's Defense has literally nothing.
>>
How do you update LWJGL using Multimc?
I changed the version to 3.1.0 on the instance, but it throws out an access denied error when trying to boot.
>>
>>163215867
There's a guide on the github or something.
>>
>>163208039
Why do you have hamsters living in your cart dispenser?
>>
According to the Thaumonomicon, this should form into a Thaumatorium and let me open a UI of some sort on it. It doesn't. Tapping a wand on it does nothing. What do?
>>
File: 2016-12-19_19.09.11.png (490KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_19.09.11.png
490KB, 1920x1080px
>>163215203
Huh. Well...I guess this means I can delay ore duplication for a bit.
>>
>>163216246
Your wand needs a certain amount of vis to do the transformation
It'll be below the the visual representation of the thing.
>>
>>163215940
Practically, the mod has like 0 shit in curse and he has a guide about modifiers on mcf, and the only real documentation is some imgur album explaining how the mod works that he posted on reddit once.
>>
pls gibu me rtg/cotf configs pls
>>
File: caravanserai-cave-hotel.jpg (61KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
caravanserai-cave-hotel.jpg
61KB, 550x413px
>plant some redwood
>you need a 7x7 cube and they take in game days to grow
>leave them grow
>do shit and then return to see how they are
>forgot to plant 1 sapling
Ultra fugg
>>
>>163068982
academycraft?
>>
>game crashes
>try to load it
>it sends me back to the main menu when i try to play my save
The fug?
>>
>>163182834
not many people like BEEEEES I guess. I wish binnie would come back though. rip
>>
>>163218472
Yeah, just double checked and I can't load any of my saves at all.
>>
>>163218472
>>163219000
Check the console.
>>
>>163214227
It sucks that the dev for that mod never bothered adding documentation (and then fucked off to 1.10 while leaving things half done), but you can figure out what the modifiers are by looking at the mod's code and this thing he posted after the update.
http://imgur.com/a/aj8hJ
Some useful modifiers I can remember right now are a redstone block and a sticky piston on leggings for haste and step boost respectively, and iron plates on anything for protection (not sure if the ratio is the same as the vanilla enchantment). Pistons also work on leggings for jump boost, but his implementation is so awkward that you'll lose all your forward momentum before jumping which feels really fucking weird.
>>
File: 2016-12-19-210545_1154x677_scrot.png (175KB, 1154x677px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19-210545_1154x677_scrot.png
175KB, 1154x677px
Am I missing anything interesting or vital?
>>
>>163220330
that looks just like your average FTB kitchen sink pack.
>>
>>163220330
Add Garden Stuff because it's nice and low impact. Oh and since "documentation" is a hot button right now, check this fucking documentation.

https://github.com/jaquadro/GardenCollection/releases

Also seriously consider removing Optifine. It'll save you the trouble of removing it after you run into a crash later.
>>
>>163221737
>Also seriously consider removing Optifine. It'll save you the trouble of removing it after you run into a crash later.
I have never had a crash due to optifine, you probably turn on all the performance options like an idiot.
You're supposed to leave it on default config for the most part.
>>
>>163221864
>Works on my machine
Wow that's a really fucking useful contribution.

Every mod author alive will tell you to fuck off if your crash reports have Optifine mentioned in them. It fucks with a lot of shit to get the results it gets.
>>
Does 1.7.10 have Mesa biomes, mega taiga, stone beaches and all those? Or were those added in later versions?
>>
>>163222207
>It fucks with a lot of shit
That's the thing, it fucks with far less things than you think and for some machines the performance gain is enormous. Simply by doing as that anon said that not touching some settings, you should never get a single crash.
The reason why it gets so much flak is exactly those settings, and how it was a lot less mod-friendly in the past, but nowadays it really doesn't cause any issue at all if you know what you're doing.
>>
File: how_to_work_optifine.png (126KB, 1241x466px) Image search: [Google]
how_to_work_optifine.png
126KB, 1241x466px
>>163222207
>works on my machine
Not just mine, this is what you're supposed to do.
Literally no one in the thread complains about problems with optifine, ever.
>Every mod author alive will tell you to fuck off if your crash reports have Optifine mentioned in them.
Mod authors are also notoriously retarded.
> It fucks with a lot of shit to get the results it gets.
Which is why you don't turn on any of the fucky shit, retard.

The only mods that I know of that actually have problems with optifine like this are reikashit, which considering he niggers up the renderer, it's no surprise.
>>
>>163222275
Bro, the Minecraft wiki tracks version history...
>>
>>163222987
I couldn't find what version they were added on the general biomes page or the individual pages for each biome
>>
>>163188924
Holy shit
With that maid mod you can turn dragons in this mod into maids
>>
Gonna post what the kill tibet quest plot is about in a summarised way:
First you start where the beggining is and you have to travel to tibet which is located where the temple is. Then you will have to fight against the people of the tribe with a mix of melee weapons like swords and knifes, ranged weapons like crossbows and bows and firearms. After the fight you will have to travel around the map searching for the "12 faces of Humankind" or the 12 archetypes which are based around the elements and located on places based around them
>The 3 fire dominant archetypes are located in the fire village
>The 3 air dominant archetypes are located in distant locations in floating structures
>The 3 water dominant archetypes are located in tibet or close to it
>The 3 earth dominant archetypes are located underground or in forests
Each of them will give you two runes based on each archetype (water,fire,air,earth) and to get them you will have to do cerain taks like gather something for them others will need you to kill them, others will be interactive and you will be able to negotiate the way you will get the runes. After getting the runes comes the final part which is to coordinate an attack to whats in the spike and defeat it, which concludes the quest.

Reasons and lore will be explained in the game but I will also post some advances in here.

Yeah I know autism
>>
File: FreeHealthCare.gif (699KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
FreeHealthCare.gif
699KB, 320x240px
>>163123295
+1
>>
File: 1453445136543.png (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453445136543.png
39KB, 300x300px
>>163225050
>>
File: 2016-12-19_20.46.08.png (687KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_20.46.08.png
687KB, 1360x706px
inb4 wewlad
>>
>>163158364
That reminds me of Super Mario Kart. Bowser's Castle levels.
>>
File: 2016-12-19_20.16.13.png (183KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_20.16.13.png
183KB, 1360x706px
Sorry for the autism lads
One of the archetypes "The Fool"
He is a big fuck you playing dangerous games with you but you can try to outsmart him
>>
File: 2016-12-19_21.20.31.png (280KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_21.20.31.png
280KB, 1360x706px
The Warrior
The fucking strong, you will have to prove yourself worthy to be given the runes
>>
>>163225426
>>163225924
Why are they dressed as ladies
>>
>>163225229
It's spelt 'beginning', no double g!
>>
Dimensional doors for magicserb y/n
>>
>>163102647
what are your mods?
>>
>>163226453
Now that you mention it, it does look like some dresses but those are actually based of some santa uniform
I picked those because they look match the fire concept based around them
>>163226751
A combination of autism and lack of sleep have fucked my brain a lot today so I have been doing dumb shit the whole day. Thanks for pointing it.
>>
>>163226823
Y, even though all the worldgen dungeons get kinda boring once you understand all their traps.
>>
>>163228961
Alright, going to just remake the map too because I forgot to enable some things that needed to be enabled.
>>
>>163045448
what mods do you use'?
>>
File: 達金服務器.png (77KB, 827x515px) Image search: [Google]
達金服務器.png
77KB, 827x515px
達金服務器 ran into a bit of a problem, and the world had to be reset. this 100% won't happen again
this is yourchance to start with us on a fresh world
>>
>>163231223
what is this?
>>
>>163231452
server pad
>>
File: this is sex.png (62KB, 237x237px) Image search: [Google]
this is sex.png
62KB, 237x237px
>>163221737
Oh my god I've never seen this mod before, this looks so fucking good
>That documentation
>>
Magicserb now up and mostly done.

Spawn is now 100% more cold.
>>
>>163225426
Wud mods?
>>
>>163222660
it gets lots of flak because anon is a dipshit who thinks that if his rig doesn't benefit from something then nobody's rig will. and of course, hating on optifine is a /mcg/ ebin dank maymay.

>>163222791
I've like. never had a crash related to optifine even with it's performance junk. then again, I'm also part of that small percentage of the userbase playing on a toaster and thus needing all the help he can get.
of course, there's still some derpy z-fighting with certain odd layered textures, and I used to have a problem where like... one or two plants from twilight forest would vanish when directly pointed at, but in the end, small prices to pay for being able to have a render setting above tiny on this crate.
>>
>>163188924
This video gave me autism.
>>
>>163188924
MineFantasy2 serber when? It looks like TerraFirmaCraft except not nearly as tedious.
>>
>>163221737
>>163231684
>reading up about garden lanterns
>read about them being compatible with 'colored lights'
>look it up
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1445251-1-7-10-beta-wip-colored-light-progress-and
Neat.
>>
>>163235702
This is actually a great idea, the mod itself also is a combination of TiCon but with TFC progressing, plus some more survivalist stuff and many useful content too.
>>
>>163221737
>>163236002
>gardenstuff hasn't been updated in over a year now
>>
>>163236145
Would it make sense to also have some kind of magic mod on the server, or would (for example) Thaumcraft eclipse it in power and utility?

I'm liking this idea. Somebody who actually knows anything about MineFantasy2 should make an Etherpad.
>>
>>163225924
just fuck that mobs shit up with a draconic staff of power. problem solved
>>
>>163236794
Why dont make it a nipnong serb too?
I dont think it would be that hard to understand completely the mod.
>>
File: 1471153410375.png (591KB, 908x727px) Image search: [Google]
1471153410375.png
591KB, 908x727px
>>163237014
>unironically using dragon dildo evolution
>>
>>163237210
>Why dont make it a nipnong serb too?
We very frequently have weebserbs and the previous one was kinda shit.

but there's never a reason NOT to include AppleMilkTea so whatev
>>
>>163237337
I wasnt thinking in weeb mods but more on mods like Starminer, Mineferriswheel and AMT/Bamboo/Maple,
>>
File: 2016-12-19_23.28.03.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-19_23.28.03.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
What bullshit mod adds the time of day thing in the upper right? I know the calender and gold are harvest festival, but I have no idea which mod adds the time of day.
>>
>>163237472
Can't forgot SlashBlade
>>
Does any other mod have something like the level emitters from AE2 to count how many of an item an inventory has? Automagy may have something like that but it only works up to 999 of something.
>>
>>163238032
vanilla comparators
opencomps/computercraft can probably do something like that
practical logistics
>>
>>163237945
>>163237472
Botegirls?
>>
Are there any mods to emulate time passage when you sleep?
>>
>>163238453
I dont want to turn it into weebshit but if people want it...
>>163237939
>playing 1.10.2
>getout.png
Seriously you should go to reddit because most people here only play 1.7.10. And Im not saying
>riii nurmis git out
Just that you have more (you) options out there.
>>
>consider trying to integrate other mods into MineFantasy 2's tech tree
>no Minetweaker support

welp
>>
>>163239246
I remember seeing one long ago, I think it was called Somnia?
>>
File: herfacewhen.png (11KB, 279x200px) Image search: [Google]
herfacewhen.png
11KB, 279x200px
>>163239354
>Seriously you should go to reddit because most people here only play 1.7.10. And Im not saying
>>riii nurmis git out
Except thats exactly what you're saying because you can't comprehend how people can enjoy things that you don't and earnestly believe that /mcg/ is your own personal echo chamber, and when someone says something that contradicts what you think you assume that they haven't been here since the beginning. /mcg/ is not an extension of yourself that exist solely for your delicate sensibilities to not get offended by differing ideals. If anyone needs to go to reddit, its you and your need for a hugbox.
>>
>>163241130
Its been proved that at least 80% of the general plays 1.7.10 an-....
>tfw i fell for the bait
>Megafug.png
>>
>>163239246
Bamboo's Futon actually shifts the time on an hourly basis instead of the instant time change by the vanilla bed.
>>
File: 1479098561614.jpg (19KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
1479098561614.jpg
19KB, 237x213px
>>163235702
>>163236145
>>163237210
>>163237472
>>163237945
>>163239354

Here's s fucking etherpad:
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/MineFantasy_pack_ideas

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>163240641
That definitely rings a bell
>>
File: 2016-12-20_17.31.33.png (354KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-20_17.31.33.png
354KB, 854x480px
Big tree small hovel

hopefully the other types aren't this big because I really don't want to cut them down
>>
File: bingbingfan.jpg (457KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
bingbingfan.jpg
457KB, 950x632px
>>163209304
I have one almost ready to post next weekend.

>>163211965
Just made with quartz stair blocks to round off the corners.
>>
ded
>>
does anyone know where I can get the 1.7.10 Better With Mods downloads? I need beta 0.6 to get on greg clay serb
>>
>>163249030
there's a 1.7.10 version?
>>
>>163246660
Noodlor, is dat sum Golden Flower?
>>
>>163249030
why didn't you cone onto dynmap if you have problems? we'd help you earlier
https://my.mixtape.moe/sybvhq.jar
>>
>>163238126
>practical logistics
It's ugly as FUCK and it has some dumb useless oregen, but looks like it's exactly what I want so I just disabled that oregen and minetweaked recipes for sapphire. Thanks for reminding me about that mod.
>>
grp
>>
>having a fun time with your modpack
>suddenly you realize that the FPS is nowhere close to being the same as it was a while ago
>nuke your entire base, it doesn't change anything
>lose motivation to play
>>
>>163251926
Should've asked the general to debug for you first.
>>
what the fuck is with sugar cane growth and hunger overhaul
all the other crops still go pretty fast at 1/4 speed but this one barely grows at all
>>
File: 1415402745663.jpg (8KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1415402745663.jpg
8KB, 211x246px
>>163188462
>35 fucking dollars for a shitty game whose only redemption are the free mods
>>
File: img000026.png (221KB, 316x641px) Image search: [Google]
img000026.png
221KB, 316x641px
>>163254741
>tfw you bought it back when it is $5
>>
>>163092825

that's not spamming though, that's just being wildly inefficient
>>
>>163258426
I never understood why people got so upset when passive decay became a thing. Passive flowers are super slow compared to the already slow active ones and they're boring to set up to boot. The best part of flowershit is the red power esque misc. parts that don't have a set purpose that you can build contraptions with and passive flowers bypass all that.
>>
Adding mekanism in my pack, what should i expect?
>>
>>163259414
bzzzzz clink clunk clink clunk
>>
>>163259414
Needing to install Forge MultiBloat as well which might fuck everything up. I recommend using as few of Mekanism's pipes as possible.
>>
>>163254741
>>163255482
>tfw you bought it for $10 at a time when all you were getting was custom skin support for a free game
>>
>>163260160
the loud machine noises are the best part of Mek shut the fuck up m8
>>
>>163261095
God I miss browser servers
>>
>>163261232
I miss /tg/'s serber.

I miss 2009 in general.
>>
>>163261182
I like early IC2 back in the day, first thing you did was rush to make a macerator. Then you're just sitting in a shack at night making ingots as your grinder sounds like a clothes dryer when you forgot to take your keys out of your pants pocket.
>>
>>163261232
I miss old busted multiplayer where no-one took any damage and Minecarts were the work of Satan.
>>
>>163261460
Haha yeah crashcarts were pretty good
>>
>>163260171
Unless he's using 1.10.2, that is.
>>
>>163261963
That alone is almost enough reason to convince me to move, god damn it why did the mod continue using that piece of shit on 1.7.10 even after the version 9 rework. Is it impossible to try making a fork that removes the FMP dependency?
>>
I'm enjoying 1.10.2 modded too much. Actually Additions is a lot of fun, having both Refined Storage and AE2 is really hilarious, and although I hated the combat shit for a while, I just played with it for so long that I got used to it.

I can't even play 1.7.10 modded and enjoy it anymore.

fak
>>
>>163262207
the convenience of adding mods a lot easier was what got me to go to 1.10.2

Then again, I just liked it cause I liked all the cool new stuff.
>>
>>163262273
>Actually Additions
That mod is kinda funny, I remember how back in 1.7.10 is was extremely unpopular but I still like it a bit despite it having some broken things, and then its dev immediately jumped ship to 1.8 as soon as Forge started working there and he continued to do the same for every new version of MC. And now he's in a Direwolf20 pack, having the time of his life with all the popularity he finally got.
I guess being a version whore has its benefits.
>>
>>163262563
Oh yeah... I think I heard of it for a bit back then. Weird, that's cool though.

For the most part I just play Direwolf20 packs at first to just generally play on that version and get used to it then go crazy with my own modpack.

Right now though, I am very much enjoying all of the mod documentation and the books in 1.10.2. Really didn't like having to go to a wiki to just search up how all that crazy shit works in the game.
>>
>>163262397
>the convenience of adding mods a lot easier
How so?
>>
File: 1165731118898.jpg (58KB, 464x450px) Image search: [Google]
1165731118898.jpg
58KB, 464x450px
>>163258894
With passive decay turned on, Botania turns into a super huge obligation. With passive decay turned off, Botania is just another mod amongst many that I use to achieve an end.

Vazkii thinks success in Minecraft is measured by your progression through his mod. I think that success in Minecraft is measured by the cool looking buildings and systems I can build.

But hey he gets more uptoots on leddit so he must be right.
>>
>>163262910
The biggest things the mod got since the 1.7.10 version were that empowering pedestal thing, item lasers and more tiers of power generation. The detailed manual and nearly everything else were already there back then.
>>
>>163263139
>With passive decay turned on, Botania turns into a super huge obligation.
No more so than any other mod that uses an type of resource whatsoever.
>>
>>163263004
Okay, I overrated it. I just generally find it a lot easier to add mods to it. (or I got used to adding mods without using MultiMC already)

At least it isn't as laggy as 1.8 nor 1.9 (holy fuck that version).

>>163263212
How have I not used it before. Holy fuck, even in 1.9 I just generally skipped that. I regret my decision, (altho that was probably because Black Quartz just irrationally scared me back then) it has a lot of cool stuff. Wonder how he got into the Direwolf20 pack other than him getting invited to Forgecraft or something.

Oh, that was probably because it was added into the 1.9 or 1.10 version of FTB Unstable I think? I don't remember but I remember seeing it in those packs at that time.
>>
>>163263380
To be honest I liked that change, because now I don't just go and leave one of those passive flowers there for a long time and come back to it like a week later and just wonder why it's even there still. (and contemplate why I started on Botania at that time at all)
>>
>>163263414
>altho that was probably because Black Quartz just irrationally scared me back then
I've never liked it either, but thankfully the mod's config lets you turn off worldgen for it and black quartz even has a recipe, coal+nether quartz.
>>
>>163262563
It's an interesting mod. I just wish he'd have some basic design sense and cut it out with the colored text.
>>
One thing I kind of miss from 1.7.10 was that /dev/null item which I thought was hilarious (the crafting recipe was like an apple with a cobblestone I think) and just a tiny bit useful for early game so that you don't fill up your inventory that quickly.

Then again Iron Backpacks in 1.10.2 with all those upgrades are pretty damn nice.

Random question, which power do you generally like better? EU from IC2 or RF from... generally everything nowadays, or that thing Mekanism (or some other mod, I'm sorry) had.

I always enjoyed the feeling I got finishing a really good IC2 generation for EU like the Windmills. I just felt emptier with all the RF powergen with how I just make this contraption and ignore it for the rest of the game until I need a new way to power it, or run out of fuel or something.
>>
File: 1477284793350.png (18KB, 212x198px) Image search: [Google]
1477284793350.png
18KB, 212x198px
>accidentally press q while holding your antique atlas in the middle of the ocean
>>
>>163264101
I like rf because it allows for flexibility in what you want to do for power gen. Instead of doing the same geothermals you've built a million times before you can choose to run your base on rocket fuel or the blood of the innocents
>>
>>163264101
Iron Backpacks is another interesting mod, its recipes on 1.10 are a LOT cheaper than the default ones on 1.7.10. I have no idea why.
>>
>>163264314
That was also the thing I liked about RF, how much variety it had. I guess I just really liked the Windmills from the newer versions of IC2.

Always liked the type of powergen that's basically from the environment (hm... I should add EnvironmentalTech to the pack sometime).

Still, yeah. I think I just got tired of doing the same shit for RF over and over again. Although I do realize that I've been neglecting all the other fun ways to generate RF power.

Deep Resonance has one of those fun powergen stuff that you can do mid-game and automate it so well late-game that you pretty much have a self-sufficient power generations.

>>163264578
I was wondering about that too. It kind of feels too easy to get upgrades in 1.10.2. Also wtf the Quantum Quarry in Extra Utils 2 is op.
>>
What mod makes beds set your spawn point if you die?
>>
>>163265295
what do you mean by that? I'm sure there's that one mod that just sets it by right clicking on the bed anytime (quark does that in 1.9+ versions). Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>163265591
>mean by that
I mean exactly what i said.
>>
>>163265728
vanilla
>>
>>163265828
Nope
>>
>>163265996
did u right click d bed
>>
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Bed
read pls
>>
>>163266375
Yes.There is no "new waypoint set" text upon clicking on it
>>
>>163264134
>not immediately setting throw to BACKSPACE before punching your first tree
>>
>>163266483
not that anon, but have you tried dying?
it will show you whether it worked
beds have reset spawn point since beta minecraft
>>
>>163266562
I would not have brought the subject up , if i had not died and not went to the bed spawn point, now would i have?
>>
>>163266641
You didn't say that so how would anyone know
Are you a telepath?
>>
>>163266483
why would it make a new waypoint if you right click the bed? Don't you have to press a hotkey or something to make a new waypoint on whatever minimap it is?

>>163266641
Huh. Did relogging work? Other than that I think Morpheus might work, although I don't know the mod much other than how it's useful for beds in SMP not SSP.
>>
>>163266716
How would i know if the bed did not set the spawn point, if i had not died?
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>163266716
>>163266769
>>
Guys, what's with the sudden surge of really stupid questions on /mcg/? It's gotten really bad in the past 4-5 days.
>>
>>163267613
I ask stupid questions when I have them, but apparently I phrase them well enough that I can get an answer in the immediate responses to my post
I think stupid questions come from inability to accurately convey what answer you need and/or inability to easily look up the info yourself
I ask stupid shit but people never seem to mind
>>
>>163267910
Hey are you the stupid fuck who came to us asking when certain biomes were added to vanilla MC?
Thread posts: 774
Thread images: 120

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.