[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 808
Thread images: 170

File: fwrWyiA.jpg (1023KB, 3418x2403px) Image search: [Google]
fwrWyiA.jpg
1023KB, 3418x2403px
>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

>New Demon update adds corpses and relic wraiths
http://demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:
>>162492873
>>
ded
>>
File: Testing OgFE.png (178KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Testing OgFE.png
178KB, 1366x768px
>>162802261

what is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
>>
dread ted
git shames
>>
File: ogre loser.png (98KB, 359x359px) Image search: [Google]
ogre loser.png
98KB, 359x359px
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest ogre around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your Orc:2 room, giggling like a little ogre girl as you once again type "remove because it's not interesting" while adding some pseudo-intellectual filler you've thought of just to
lengthen your 2 (two) int post to justify a removal. Maybe you're such a disgusting Cr*wlDevDrone that you actually paid for a tavern pass, so you can just support the devil's team. Oh, and we all know your epic comments. The "redundant" "unneeded" "uninteresting" "boring" isn't it? I bet you imagine removing yourself every morning because you have a +3 M/F apt, laughing so hard as you post your "design ideas" which always includes removing content that you drop your Pandemonium Pizza on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with an ogre mother. You are a fat fucking manlet ogre, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of doing everything for you all goddamn day, everyday, for a grown ogre who spends all his time posting on tavern about what to nerf or remove. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be an ogre hunter or an ogre venom mage or something grand, and then you became a Cr*wlDevDrone. A pathetic american Cr*wlDevDrone. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how imbalanced her M/F apt is and how she wishes she could just remove herself. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "LOL, too good pls nerf or remove" You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little manlet ogre laughing in the dark 1x1 tile by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...
>>
File: what.png (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
73KB, 1280x720px
i think i broke something
>>
>>162804464
>shitposting in his basement to compensate for his tiny M&F apt
Pottery.
>>
Is there any hope at all for making cohesive stories in CDDA or is it seriously just a meme sandbox?
I have a hard time getting any kind of immersion when everything is wacky future shit and horrible monsters come out of the forest every 12 seconds, but mundane worlds can be rather boring and/or easy. If hordes weren't such a fucking nightmare I might not even complain.
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
File: 0.20 OgWn before lair branches.png (45KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
0.20 OgWn before lair branches.png
45KB, 800x400px
Okay, so the apt change is a bit annoying after all, it streamlines you into packing almost all xp into M&F, leaving you with less options for Lair - no Evo, no Throwing, shitty Dodging etc. Okawaru is still easy mode because you get +5 to skills and I imagine Trog is as strong as ever, but I wonder how previously mid tier ogre gods like Dithmenos or TSO would fare.

On the bright side you can get support spells like ozo armor pretty easily since your ER will be low or 0.
>>
It's not a roguelike and I have no idea why it's on RogueBasin, but I feel obliged to state that Warsim is quite fun.
>>
>>162805614
>cohesive stories
>immersion
you are posting in the rogue like general thread

why do you think anyone here cares about any of those things
>>
how do i get good at slex
>>
>>162805956
Become the amy's human toilet
Once she'll sit on your face with her sexy farting butt and activate it to cover you in manure, you'll finally see the way.
>>
>>162805956

pinch more tummies, go vegan for a month.
>>
>>162805838
I ask because, statistically, someone else has had similar thoughts. As for the issue in the first place: Cataclysm puts a lot of emphasis on simulationism. It's not exactly Nethack.
>>
>>162805614
its easy as long as you dont stay in one spot
choose a life on the road and that can be your story
>>
>>162805726

I sure wish these fucks actually play the game first before making these changes. Large clubs aren't even that good since it has no gimmicks unlike the other weapons except irrelevant additional damage that misses often. This should be common sense but it somehow isn't for them.
>>
>>162806085
what is the best role and race though
>>
>>162806651
>damage
>irrelevant
did you know that weapons with a higher damage stat make the enemy's hp go down faster
and enemies whose hp stat reaches 0 can't attack or kill you any more
>>
>>162806651
>Large clubs aren't even that good since it has no gimmicks unlike the other weapons except irrelevant additional damage that misses often.
anon...
>>
>>162806653
alien transvestite
>>
>>162807036
>>162807240

>what is a Triple sword's riposte
>what is an Executioner Axe when mobs are what you encounter 99% of the time
>what is a Bardiche that has so many ways it can be used it makes me puke that it needed to have almost the same accuracy to a GSC to balance
>>
>>162807573

>what is a Triple sword's riposte
effectively just a damage-per-turn bonus on a weapon that is otherwise lower-damage, higher-xp-cost and 1000x rarer than a GC

>what is an Executioner Axe when mobs are what you encounter 99% of the time
a crutch for baddies who can't manage their positioning and don't know what corridors are

>what is a Bardiche that has so many ways it can be used it makes me puke that it needed to have almost the same accuracy to a GSC to balance
much weaker than you think it is, evidently
reaching is not exactly amazing except when you're abusing it with allies/flame clouds early game
>>
>>162807573
>what are these that all require 26 skill for mindelay compared to GC/GSC's 18!!!/24 for less base damage
Also note that 3Sword and Exec Axe are exceedingly rare.
Giant clubs are _very_ good and you are bad for disagreeing.
>>
>>162807928

>Axes
>a crutch for baddies

More like you're just too bad to use them. Axes are designed for players that are intelligent enough to skillfully determine mobs that can't kill them even if their 3x3 are filled in exchange for a drastic highest damage dealt per turn among all weapons since you hit more dudes. The more you can kill in a fewer turns than other weapon types, the greater you are rewarded. Deep Dwarf speedruns are good examples of this.
>>
>>162808407
if the mobs can't kill you anyways then defeating them faster doesn't matter, you idiot
>>
crawl is secretly just a shitty MMO game, it all comes down to pulling aggro effectively
if you're fighting big packs of enemies at once then you probably fucked that part up
>>
>>162808485

So what does your non-sequitur have anything to do with Axes dealing the highest damage per turn among all weapons again you shitter?
>>
>>162808649
because the player can only safely achieve that damage per turn against mobs that can't kill them, aka ones that DO NOT MATTER

the only situation where cleaving is actually better than fighting enemies single-file is packs of smiters
>>
oh yeah also speedruns
but lmfao if you care about crawl speedruns
>>
>>162808735

Then have you actually counted how many of these mobs that DO NOT MATTER appear in the game? Killing all/most of them in a fewer turns for a higher score is why Axes are so good and you're bad for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>score
>>
>>162808792
>>162808848
>not trying to win as quickly as possible
t. 100k turn 3-rune gargoyles
>>
File: what do.png (115KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
what do.png
115KB, 1366x768px
should I branch off into earth magic and learn ironshot, or just keep going with fire magic + staves?
>>
>>162804531
seriously though does anybody know why my view area has gotten so small due to all that extra black space
the map only covers part of the screen as well
>>
>>162808891
Playing for speedrun records and playing to win are often at odds with each other.

If you originally meant to say that axes were better than GCs _for speedrunning_, you should have said that you were playing Meme Speedrun Crawl and not Actual Real Crawl Crawl.

But if you are actually a speedrunner I have no idea why you think reaching or bardiches is good.
>>
>>162809308
Ah wait i fixed it.
I accidently changed my sidebar size
>>
>>162809369

>going for a better score is always speedrunning

so this is how minotaurs see things... woah... really makes u think
>>
Is there a way to get the dog to stop folowing you in cata after you complete the mission to bring it back to an npc.

I would have though the dog would start following them and leave you alone.
>>
>>162809857
that's literally what your score is based on though?
if you are actually winning rather dying, the only major contributors to score are # of runes and turncount

playing for score is speedrunning, because speed is all the score is based on
>>
>>162809369

Playing for a slightly better score and Winning often are mutually inclusive. Since we have no standards on which one is actually doing which, we're just have to assume for convenience that anyone with decent winrates on their 15 runers that (((doesn't take too long))) are doing it. Now what's a good minimum range, 15M? 16M? 17M? Whichever you pick, it is just silly to call that speedrunning.
>>
Hm i wonder if animal antibiotics are safe for humans
I imagine its mostly the sane shit.

Oh well doesent matter i found some on a tough zombie just then.
>>
Neat i spawned near a combat knife.
I can have one i wield and one on my rifle for when i get swarmed while shooting.
>>
>>162805614
>wacky future shit
>horrible monsters
I don't understand how these are at odds with making cohesive stories. The game takes place in the future and part of the story is that a whole bunch of horrible monsters were released into the world.
>>
Why are you against speedrunning in Crawl? I mean really, without resorting to the usual "I only play real roguelikes" and "2 int minotaur" tier comments. I'm not talking about going for the absolute top scores, just e.g. ~25M, which is doable on many combos even without stupid amounts of luck.
>>
>>162805614
>>162806098
No, it's a meme sandbox. You're better off just writing a story from scratch if that's what you want.

Do your meme grinding then abuse exploits and explosives. Hordes ain't shit even years in when it's filled with T3 enemies.

>>162806651
You can look at the webtiles of many of the devs who make changes, the problem is they've played crawl too much if anything.
>>
>>162809859
Dog whistle. It'll die the first time a spitter shows up so don't sweat it.

>>162812435
If they touched you you already fucked up. Enjoy losing your stamina until you can't get away from anything, get grab locked down to 0 dodge and 25 spd then your armor slowly chipped until you die.
>>
File: 1472035526201.jpg (36KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1472035526201.jpg
36KB, 600x564px
I can't believe it, I only had to explore one more tile in Elf:2 and I could've gotten a statueform literally 9000 turns earlier. This is why I hate not pressing o
>>
>christ, I can't open these doros for shit what's up with the rng
>Oh, I put 3 in forging and will instead of perception and will
>>
>Get the shield of Fingolfin on 350'
Fug, what's a good sword and board build in sil?
>>
>>162816858
Same as any other melee build. Don't bother taking Blocking if that's what you're asking.
>>
>I like to think that when you can't see a tile it's always distortion agnes
>it gives you a sense of scale
>>
>>162817446
So I guess I'm relying on song of slaying to kill shit later?
>>
>>162817608
>quoting the holy psalms in a time of Undickery
Stop it, you brute!
>>
>>162802102

That Troll butt is quite sexy.
>>
File: Lvl 27 MiBe in Elf3.png (322KB, 725x323px) Image search: [Google]
Lvl 27 MiBe in Elf3.png
322KB, 725x323px
>>162802102

Minotaur Pride Dungeonwide
>>
File: Fall of Nuremor.jpg (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Nuremor.jpg
60KB, 250x250px
>10-29 protection on 450'
>11-37 if I took blocking
Firmly erect
>>
>>162818320
>besides we're not getting banished like that!
>I like saying it out loud because it increases the chances of it happening
>>
>>162817902
No. Define "later". You will want finesse, and possibly momentum later on. In evasion you still want dodging, flanking, and maybe parry + riposte.
>>
Oh, Force Lance. Such a potentially wonderful spell, with such horrible, horrible implementation.

Dealing the same damage as Iskenderun's MB is NOT a point in your favor, even if it is an upgrade from half that damage like you used to be set at, and the *chance* to knock an opponent back is functionally worthless due to its unreliability.

All I wanted was a spell to push my adversaries into water and lava.
>>
File: Untitled.png (152KB, 1600x839px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
152KB, 1600x839px
>>162822697
I got this, lore keeper, lore master, crowd fighting, heavy armor use, and hardiness. I know floor drops and getting raw melee/evasion carry pretty much any melee build to 600' but I'm not all that sure how to build it past 600' where enemies are packing much better melee and evasion than you without stacking abilities. I'm not holding my breath on getting a great spear for focused attack+polearm mastery+knockback+controlled retreat either. I've done heavy armor focused attack+blocking but the penalties that piled up just meant I was back to a normal dude.

>>162822841
It was alright on hasted Sif characters back i nthe day though there was no reason to not just use OOD/iron shot
>>
>>162823197
just train more melee. the only enemies that really have huge amounts of protection are Kemen and serpents, serpents are mostly just item destroyers. You can use a 2h weapon for them. Another option if you find it is to swap out for a sharp arte weapon for serpents, like angrist.
>>
>>162823326
How good is angrist on just any build anyway? I've shied away from daggers pretty hard unless I find a poisoned one on a stabber build
>>
>>162823462
It isn't that great, but it is useful for killing Serpents and Kemen which are both extremely annoying.
>>
>>162823462
You can easily kill Morgoth with it with Subtlety, Rapid Attack and a big Song of Slaying bonus.
>>
File: Untitled.png (192KB, 1600x840px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
192KB, 1600x840px
>Come down to a new floor
>Blow warning to suck everyone nearby into a killbox because no easy door tricking
>Get a sulrakuo, 3 giants, 6 easterling archers, uldor, 4 wargs, and like 8 easterling warriors
>Kill off all but uldor and the archers
>Fighting floor wrecking faggot for some 15 minutes while neither I, he, or his pack can kill each other
>Can't land decisive blows and didn't take throwing mastery so the spears aren't doing jack shit
>Give up and do the diagonal triangle attack at a doorway chipping him once every 6 or so turns
>He turns to flee
>tfw crit
Ahhhhhhnnn!
>>
File: Untitled.png (37KB, 865x314px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 865x314px
>>162824691
G-Guess he picked stuff up at some point...
>>
>>162824264
What's a good two-weapon charge+flank+whirlwind meme?
>>
>>162825923
There's no point in getting whirlwind attack because you can always just use an herb of rage instead and you're better off putting what will likely be 2000+ XP into more melee or evasion or even just taking an extra point of str or dex.
>>
File: 1475884777810.png (1MB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
1475884777810.png
1MB, 640x437px
I just got farther than ever before in DCSS as a Gargoyle Fighter using a broad axe and large shield before I died in Pan. After running Okawaru for a while until I had good gear and than switching to Zin after I got my +9 holy broad axe from TSO I had completed every branch and gotten every single rune except for the 5 in Pan and the 1 in Slime.

I was making my way through Pan fine when I came on an island of lava where there were like 15 of those demons that use throw damnation and they were all packed on the island but they were the ones who couldn't fly so they would not leave the island and so to kill them I had to risk getting hit with like 4 damnation per turn because I had no ranged skills trained. I was worried there was one of the runes there that I would miss so I tried it while invisible and buffed up etc but I died.

If I had grinded more in Hell or the Abyss first and leveled up a ranged weapon I could have stayed just in range of 1 or 2 at a time and killed them that way. I guess if I want to win a 15 rune game without any cheating or save scrumming I just have to do the same but also train ranged weapons. It's a shame because before that point I had only got as far as beating the Tomb but had never ventured into hell, I was hoping for a 15 rune win.

Would you guys say it is possible to get all 5 runes in Pan as just a Melee tank w/ ranged weapons with Zin/TSO or is it necessary to have certain spells?
>>
>>162826436
No you just needed to ignore Hellion Island. It is a fixed vault you can recognize and skip every time.
>>
File: 1468700843360.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468700843360.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
>the elona squaresoft/final fantasy music pack link doesn't work in the pastebins

The one time I wanted to relive nostalgia through music. The one time.
>>
>>162827202
Elona pasta is old as shit.
Check the pasta in the Elona thread on /jp/
>>
>>162826490

Okay thanks, two questions than. Is there ever a chance that there is a rune that would be placed there, such as the 5th Pan one that isn't protected by one of the 4 unique Pan Lords?

Also, aside from that are there any other instances in Pan or Slime in which a ranged weapon is needed if you don't train any spells? I got through the Tomb, Abyss, Zot and all of Hell fine without any ranged weapons but if I don't need it for Pan or Slime I'd rather not waste an hour grinding to level up a ranged skill before those areas.
>>
>>162827850
There is a guaranteed demonic rune there, as is the case for a few other fixed Pan vaults (that are not unique panlord floors). None of the other ones are very dangerous though. You can easily do extended with no ranged and no offensive magic, especially as a Gargoyle. Try changing to TSO once you hit XL27.
>>
>>162827353
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>162828016

I'd like to switch to TSO for Pan but it seems like there are mutation-causing monsters on every floor there and if you don't find an amulet of mutation resistance or save up 10 cure mutation potions than without Zin you are risking getting fucked up with mutations that cripple you.

I really wish they made it so that there was a more reliable method to avoiding mutations. IMO it's needlessly annoying that amulets of mutation resistance are so rare that they only show up once every 4 or 5 games.
>>
>>162828883
You mean amulets of obsoleteness.
>>
>>162828632
Don't you ever reply to me or my son again.
>>
>>162828883

>amulets of mutation resistance

what game?
>>
File: 1472744733415.jpg (38KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1472744733415.jpg
38KB, 500x343px
>>162828632
>>
>>162828883
Try using summon butterflies. You can always just swap to Zin to cure mutations after Pan, and then swap back to TSO. You keep most of your piety when you switch between good gods.
>>
>>162828883
Should have played a halfling, they get intrinsic rMut (^:
>>
File: Brainless.jpg (65KB, 741x453px) Image search: [Google]
Brainless.jpg
65KB, 741x453px
Is this shit worth wasting a level up stat point on int?
>>
>>162828954

Damn, I didn't even know that. That just reinforces my point. I'm not opposed to the mutation system but when the only way to avoid them outside of extremely uncommon mutations/item drops is to worship Zin that seems like it's pointlessly constraining the player.

Especially since the player only gains favor with Zin from killing abominations and other chaotic creatures. My impression was that those end up not being that common on Pan and many of the monsters there are just plain demons and so it forces you to choose between using Zins abilities or the mutation protection because if you use them the favor isn't replenished fast enough from the occasional chaotic creature to provide full protection.
>>
>>162829506
You can in principle use summon butterflies to block enemies' line of fire, but you will still pick up some mutations anyway.
>>
I don't get it. So is it 2^2, 2^3,2^3, etc so 4, 8, 16, 32 right?

Bane
• You receive a bonus to all skill rolls against a selected broad category of enemy.
• The categories are: Orc, Wolf, Spider, Troll, Wraith, Rauko, Serpent, Dragon.
• You need to have killed 4 enemies from the category to select it.
• When you reach 2n kills of your chosen enemy, the bonus increases to +n.

>>162829502
You should be getting a couple int anyway to protect against drain.
>>
>>162829738
>>162829502
Never mind I just fault into a gigantic pack of various orcs and wights on D:5
>>
File: vault.png (24KB, 885x545px) Image search: [Google]
vault.png
24KB, 885x545px
It's hard to tell what the fuck is going on sometimes.
>>
File: High priestess of Uskayaw.jpg (162KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
High priestess of Uskayaw.jpg
162KB, 600x800px
>>
>>162830070
The only game I actually like playing in ASCII is dwarf fortress.
>>
>>162830229
post the other one
>>
File: Untitled.png (189KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
189KB, 1600x838px
Jesus christ. comes with half a crit built in. Honestly not sure if I should replace my longsword with it.
>>
>>162829738
Yes, so you can usually expect to get up to +7 against raukar (You want to take Rauko-bane)
>>
>>162830264
You'd rather use tiles than ascii for pcb?
>>
>>162830458
You will probably want to just go for 2 weapon fighting, offhand deathblades are good.
>>
File: Bye MaxHP.png (221KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bye MaxHP.png
221KB, 1080x720px
Coming soon to a Demon game near you
>>
File: 1474343251575.jpg (37KB, 673x586px) Image search: [Google]
1474343251575.jpg
37KB, 673x586px
Is stealth viable late-game in DCSS? If I have around 17 or 18 Dex on a fighter build and train stealth up to lvl 27 and slip into leather armor does it work most of the time in places like Hell and Pan or does it only work there if you also have massive dex and multiple pieces of stealth-boosting equipment.
>>
>>162823462
angrist is great for taking multiple sils or killing V because of the armor piercing and the fact that you are guaranteed to break a weapon while trying for 3-sil, so it's nice to have a secondary siltaker
>>
>>162830532
I don't even know what pcb is m8.

I've only tried DF, DCSS, Adom, unreal world, Angband, CDDA, DoomRL and Prospector.
>>
>>162830693
T-Thanks tower:3....

>>162830701
Go ahead and spawn yourself in as a demonspawn, wizmode in all the stealth unrands, give yourself all the stealth muts, use make randart a couple times and add stealth to get stealth+ in all slots. Drop an altar of dith and go nuts.

>>162830876
Poschengband. Basically a guy forked angband and added a ton of quality of life, combos, and difficulty additions.
>>
>>162830701

If you have some form of distract stabs, irresistible confuse and paralysis either from gods or allies, a huge MAYBE but it's either so tedious or RNG based that it's just not worth it so just wear the heaviest armor you can, equip that exec axe and smash dat mf tab button. Stealth's purpose in extended are only for controlling encounters, killing Panlords/Hell lords if you see them while sleeping as a Dithmenos/cBlink user and avoiding malmutators
>>
>>162830471
Took master hunter since I got -3 attack penalty from gear.
>>
File: Even androids miss dicku.jpg (156KB, 848x801px) Image search: [Google]
Even androids miss dicku.jpg
156KB, 848x801px
>>162819496
>>
File: 1444880630040.png (249KB, 967x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1444880630040.png
249KB, 967x1400px
>>162830876
>I don't even know what pcb is m8.

Was I gone too long?
Used to be pcb was the 2nd-5th most played game here all the time.
>>
So why did they remove Hill Giants again?
>>
>>162832191
Too similar to 2H Ogres which are now stronger and swarming the dungeon.
>>
>>162832156
He new
We still play way too much PCB than we actually should
a dude killed the serpent in the last thread, too.
Hell, there are two more PCB forks even. PCB is more alive now than ever.
>>
File: 1445824251295.png (669KB, 909x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1445824251295.png
669KB, 909x1397px
>>162832378
>>
>>162832372

Can those two headed bloat even throw nets like Hill Giants did?
>>
>>162832684
ruks?
>>
>>162832565
The new fork, PoschengbandR, added a birth option where you begin with a rune sword.
I think I'm gonna try out a Demigod^Hades blood knight/swordmaster.
>>
>>162833127
>new fork
Can you guys please consolidate some good shit into primary fork and an experimental fork? Whatever happened to pull requests?
>>
File: 1481285909472.jpg (13KB, 195x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481285909472.jpg
13KB, 195x250px
>>162833127
Is late game swordmaster still
>Wild Blade
>get invulnerability
>it gets dispelled
>paralyzed
>>
File: 1481303745904.png (392KB, 680x455px) Image search: [Google]
1481303745904.png
392KB, 680x455px
>>162833220
>Can you guys please consolidate some good shit into primary fork and an experimental fork?
Run that by me again in english please
>>162833330
But I thought that was a meme
>>
>>162830701
Sure it is, but probably not in a way you want to use it. Think of it as a tool for avoiding fighting rather than a tool for killing.
>>
>>162833330
If you're invulnerable suddenly become invulnerable, you have to spend a turn yelling about how you were invulnerable.

It's just a rule.
>>
File: Untitled.png (193KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
193KB, 1600x838px
>Fug another round of fire
>Well, there's a mail of resilience and I do love con
>Bumpbumpbump DYWYPI?
Fug. Hate low damage with a shield, I get too bumpy and whoops, it wasn't a trash mob. That's the fourth time I've died down here
>>
>classes that can't heal themselves
>classes that can't use spells to map the area
>>
File: 619.jpg (15KB, 200x299px) Image search: [Google]
619.jpg
15KB, 200x299px
>>162833462
>>
File: GbDozB2.jpg.png (106KB, 851x314px) Image search: [Google]
GbDozB2.jpg.png
106KB, 851x314px
>Reading the sil forums
>One guy had a light radius of 15
>>
>>162818698
>>
File: nope.png (32KB, 168x198px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
32KB, 168x198px
>remove features
>simplify remaining features
>remove monsters for literally no reason
>add gods nobody likes
>add spells nobody uses
>every
>single
>patch

why are DCSS devs actively trying to make their game worse?
>>
>>162835578
Ha. Maybe I should a thing in PCB where if you have ton of light / darkness, you get a light/dark damage-aura.
>>
>>162805726
>>162809306
what gaem?
>>
File: Memeic.png (85KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Memeic.png
85KB, 1440x900px
>check shop in outpost to see if there are some staves of ID in stock
>find this
I'm glad.
>>
>>162836161
But don't you like all those tactical and interesting garbage spells that use the obsolete garbage Hexes school?

You didn't need useful things like book amnesia, a Veh or Makh or Yugioh worth worshipping and all those scummy utility spells, when you can have dev-approved FUN
>>
>>162836161
Because when you've played too long you become a malignant tumor
>>
>>162836678
I think I'm more pissed that the instructions on how to book amnesia that were at the bottom of the book's fucking description were considered "spoilery". It was so fucking retarded and proof of just how powergamey and out of touch they are that they only interact with books via drop and the memorize hotkey.
>>
>>162826436
you can do without spells but if you're not wearing cpa/gda and your mouth isn't too full of trog's giant berzerk ogre dick to say the magic words, you should definitely learn some cheap low-level spells like blink/apport/regen/rmsl
>>
>>162830974
>Poschengband
>quality of life
ahahahahaha
>>
>>162836473
jesus chris how cheerful
>>
>>162837627
Have you played Angband?
>>
>>162833220
pseudoelliposchengband: child of elliposchengband, child of mpa-poschengband, child of poschengband, child of posband + chengband

save compatible with vanilla pcb

mostly qol shit and bugfixes

poschengbandR: all the qol shit from pseudo but also some other shit like new classes, races, uniques, weird birth options, etc

frequently breaks save compatibility, you'll need to make a new char
>>
>>162836838
Nope - Cigo degeneration was removed
>>
>a mod of a mod of a mod of a mod of a mod of a mod of a mod of a mod of a mod of a clone of moria
>>
best religion for high elf fire elementalist
cast your votes now
>>
File: cGO39.png (95KB, 965x596px) Image search: [Google]
cGO39.png
95KB, 965x596px
>>162838518
>>
>>162838518
>votes
>no poll
Fucking retard
>>
>>162838518
Always Chaotic. You can sac anything that's not undead with shift-O and some clever bottling.
Just don't step on the altar yourself.
>>
File: Untitled.png (186KB, 1600x839px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
186KB, 1600x839px
Guess I'm using charge today
>>
>>162833330
as a matter of fact you don't lose a turn when wild invuln wears off
unless you were invuln from another source as well beforehand, in which case when it wears off it will cancel your other invuln and you'll lose a turn

the shieldmaster's sanctuary doesn't cost time when it ends either, although it ends if you hurt anything. maybe useful for closing to melee range
>>
>>162838518
>>162838987
fixed

http://www.strawpoll.me/11883166
>>
File: oh jesus.png (603KB, 850x575px) Image search: [Google]
oh jesus.png
603KB, 850x575px
>>162839079
>3d6
Isn't that around the highest you can get in sil
>>
>>162839326
It's the same damage as a normal greatsword i think, just better accuracy.

Note that this takes two hands to wield. Bastard swords are 3d3 but they get a +3 dice bonus when 2-handed, meaning that they become 3d6 as well.
>>
>>162839540
How many dice does ringil have?
5d5?
>>
>>162839673
those are the dice in angband, but that would be op as fuck in sil

i think it's a 2d5 mithril longsword with frost brand and a bigass bonus to accuracy or parry or something
>>
>>162839283
>no High Elfs were removed option
keep denying reality
>>
>>162839326
4d5 on a side boosted great axe. 5d3 on a side boosted mattock, 3d7 on a two-handed side boosted battle axe, 2d10 on a side boosted glaive. Grond is 6d5

The Glaive of the Sirion (-1,2d10) [+1] 7.0 lb
--------------------------------------------------
It cannot be harmed by the elements. It grants you the abilities: Zone of
Control and Opportunist. It requires both hands to wield it properly. It
counts as a type of polearm.
(level 10 / rarity 20 / quality 35)

The Great Axe of Nogrod (-4,4d5) 11.0 lb
--------------------------------------------
It increases your strength by 1. It slays raukar. It provides resistance
to fire. It cannot be harmed by the elements. It requires both hands to
wield it properly.

(level 18 / rarity 15 / quality 45)

Pretty much nothing resists so it's "3"d5 with sharpness
The Mithril Longsword 'Celeg Aithorn' (+1,2d5) [+1] 2.0 lb
--------------------------------------------------------------
It is branded with lightning. It cuts easily through armour. It cannot
be harmed by the elements.
(level 20 / rarity 10 / quality 22)

The Greatsword 'Calris' (-5,3d7) [+1] 11.0 lb
-------------------------------------------------
It increases your constitution by 1. It is branded with flame. It makes
you more vulnerable to cold. It lights the dungeon around you. It cannot
be harmed by the elements. It requires both hands to wield it properly.
(level 15 / rarity 15 / quality 72)

>>162839673
Nah, it gets good egos, acc, and evasion though.
The Mithril Longsword 'Ringil' (+3,2d5) [+3] 2.0 lb
-------------------------------------------------------
It is branded with frost. It lights the dungeon around you. It cannot be
harmed by the elements.
(level 20 / rarity 7 / quality 56)
>>
>>162839997
Calris sounds fun.
Doesn't it also aggravate? I'm probably thinking of another hueg sword.
>>
>>162840184
No, the vulnerability is a pest though. Saithnar draws wraiths which is a pest when you aren't up to dodging hard to see +16,2d5 ignores armor darkness attacks.
Not seeing any wrath/aggravate arts sadly.
>>
>>162840231
angband ringil also has +5 or +10 speed on it
>>
>>162836678

Oh, and don't forget to always cast Confuse ok? Very cheap """""""""""""investment""""""""""""" for Very """""""""""""high""""""""""""" returns!
>>
File: 1417063853243.jpg (92KB, 764x938px) Image search: [Google]
1417063853243.jpg
92KB, 764x938px
>>162839079
>Wear-id an amulet
>Oh god it's haunted dreams on 400'
>Run through a confusion trap to try and make it to the stairs
>Shadow spawns in front of the door
>Oh fuck there's 3 shadows
>Open the door to the stairs
>Warg
>Exploded
>>
How do people play crawl with anything that's not a 1080p monitor
the tiles are so small
you can't even see the details
Laptops were a mistake
>>
>>162841268
You kids these days... Back in our time we played on a 800x600 terminal and we liked it.
>>
>>162841268
just hold your face closer to the screen
>>
Are potions of ambrosia worth carrying?
>>
>>162841584
Yeah, they're excellent post-tele heal while you're trying to get back on your feet before roamers swarm you.
>>
>>162841584
They saved my life a lot when I was shit at the game.

I find them useful in the hell branches to patch yourself up quickly after a fight or getting memed on by the malevolent force so you can keep moving.

Just don't use them during a real fight
>>
>>162841584
If you're playing as a magic class, yes, very. If you notice that you have low HP in combat, chug ambrosia to survive.
>>
Which should I use?

+5 demon whip of venom (non-artifact)
+2 morningstar (elec, Dex +5)
+5 eveningstar (venom, Str +6)
>>
>>162842408
Morningstar
>>
>>162836291

dungeon crawl stone soup
>>
>>162842408
Eveningstar. Breaking ac is important
>>
>>162842408
>>162842470
O wait, where are you currently located? What did you clear so far?
>>
Starting to make a little headway in Demon after a few bumpy starts. I can currently either move onto Tower:4, go into a sanctum, or visit Arcadia. What should I expect from the latter two?
>>
>>162826436
where was your Sanctuary anon isn't that the reason you switched to Zin in the first place

>>162836161
no u
though honestly they could keep high elves

>>162841584
fast life+magic regen isn't bad to have
>>
>>162842202
>in combat
10/10

>>162842408
not the first one, run an fsim between the other two and see. i think eveningstar would be better but i'm not sure

>>162836291
boku no pico
>>
>>162842598
Heading through Vaults now, cleared Orc, Lair, Dungeon, and Lair branches
>>
>>162843201
Yeah, idk what to use then between morningstar and eveningstar.. Elec is so good down there and so is breaking ac in a way.. Just use morningstar for now
>>
>>162841584

Yes. As much as !curing and !HW and !haste
>>
>>162843201
Do Vaults down to 4, but do Depths before Vaults:5. Also read up on Vaults:5. Probably the hardest part of a typical 3-rune run.
>>
My dcss is still version 0.16
Is there any major reason to update?
>>
>>162845713
read the version changelogs. You can try out pakellas in his prime. Hepliquanna ally, The 8th billionth rendition of Nemelex cards. Xom's nicer than ever. Try out Usk. Clear the desolation of salt.
>>
>>162846063
>still no rC
Well first of all, learn to crop
Second of all, good luck!
>>
File: shall i do this.png (739KB, 1840x1020px) Image search: [Google]
shall i do this.png
739KB, 1840x1020px
>>162846258
Fixed
Should I got for it? Never completed the game, but i think i am strong enough this time. Any tips?
>>
>>162846483
ctrl-f rC+
>>
>>162846483
Still no rC.. If you have a ring with rC, swap it for the B ring
Also your equipment looks nice so youre good to go
>>
i just finished watching naked (1993) and i feel sad
>>
>>162846483
You are more than strong enough to win. Play it safe, use your consumables, and don't forget about the blink/teleport restrictions in zot.
>>
>>162846801
amy stop blogposting and delete your game
>>
>>162847073
don't you ever fucking dare compare me to amy or reply to me again if you're not contributing to the thread
>>
File: ihadone letsdothis.png (49KB, 893x382px) Image search: [Google]
ihadone letsdothis.png
49KB, 893x382px
>>162846683
>>162846693
Currently at Zot:2, almost died once, but because i was careless trying to fight many at once, now I`m using corridors
>>
File: Goatfolk of Chei.png (282KB, 1203x507px) Image search: [Google]
Goatfolk of Chei.png
282KB, 1203x507px
>>162847176
No
>>
>>162847302
do as you're told you dirty whore
>>
File: So sayeth the Ettits.png (1KB, 462x24px) Image search: [Google]
So sayeth the Ettits.png
1KB, 462x24px
>>162847387
That's not a very nice thing to say, anon
>>
File: switched.png (49KB, 899x389px) Image search: [Google]
switched.png
49KB, 899x389px
>>162847201
Was it a good idea to switch the armours?
>>
File: 1442013984822.png (985KB, 1664x913px) Image search: [Google]
1442013984822.png
985KB, 1664x913px
>>162847201
Take it slow anon, you got this!
>>
>>162847674
six more AC, but one less rF.

who knows.

don't fight more than one orb of fire at a time, i guess.
>>
>>162847674
Ehh, its really nice to have rF+++ for orbs of fire in zot
>>
whats the current flavor of the month
>>
>>162848306
>>162848181
2 is fine plus you can quaff for 3. You can 1v1 faggot with rF
>>
>>162848673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GRUfR7J5Z0
>>
>>162846483

carry lots of cure mutation potions.
>>
>>162847302

Sauce on that image?
>>
>>162848898
FR: Make malmutate temporary alreayd!
>>
File: Spaniards look at your post.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Spaniards look at your post.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>162848832
'TIS THE WRONG KIND OF DICKERY
The music is still super catchy.

>>162849123
I could give you the place, but you'd have to go back a year and a half of furry porn reposts.
>>
playing unnethack, anyone got tips for Demogorgon?
Yeenoghu managed to summon it and I'm not entirely sure I'm prepared
>>
>>162849194

Do it, or at least give me an artists name.
>>
File: 1474377651554.jpg (9KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1474377651554.jpg
9KB, 177x278px
>>162802102

I just picked up a Fencers Gloves that allow me to sometimes riposte with weapons other than long blades and allow me to riposte every single time when using long blades.

Would it be best to take advantage of that by switching to long blades or would the advantage gained be roughly the same as riposting at the normal rate on a non-long blade weapon?
>>
>>162849543
If you invested into long blades, use it with that, if not, it woul be pointless to swap to them now
>>
>>162849503
Does elbereth or scare monster still work? If so, stand on the upstairs, put one down and smack him to death.
>>
>>162849523
http://nobby-art.tumblr.com/
Thankfully he changed the page layout, it used to be a endless page and my browser would crash after page 20.

I'll try to give you a broad page number between which you could find that specific image.
>>
>>162849543
Now you just need to find the dark maul and use it as a defensive oneshot stat stick while you switch str and int with wonders decks and cast spells.
>>
>>162849523
http://tra-ybbon.tumblr.com/page/250

it should be between 200 and 250.

Good luck!
>>
>>162849715
already tried, unnethacks version gives no shits about elbereth
also to complicate things the level he's currently on is the dragon caverns which sadly has 2 exits
>>
>>162850596
>unnethacks version gives no shits about elbereth
also 3.6
get on with the times, grandpa
>>
>>162850724
nah its just that elbereth doesn't work in gehennom
technically where he is isn't gehennom anymore, but he's still not giving any fucks

also currently without a pet because my lv 42 purple worm ate a chameleon when I wasn't looking
>>
File: ohboy.png (455KB, 1838x1020px) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.png
455KB, 1838x1020px
>>162848898
Got 4 of them.

Lets do this!
>>
>>162851316
You can do it anon, always consider your options and haste on the orb run, especially if some nasty shit like fiends or pan lords spawn.
>>
>>162851316

use a digging wand to cut through bullshit
>>
File: Lmao2poly.jpg (11KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
Lmao2poly.jpg
11KB, 248x203px
>>162851104
>my lv 42 purple worm ate a chameleon
Every single time.
>>
>>162851581
the damn thing even looked like a level appropriate monster
and life was fairly short for munchy, the violet fungus
>>
>>162851828
*hack pets were a mistake.
>>
>>162851951
eh, managed to turn my cat into a blue dragon fairly early on so he sorta carried me through the low levels
then he died picking a fight with a disintegration dragon but he served his purpose
>>
>>162851951
>play a *hack
>try to keep my starting pet with me so i can make it curse-test-items and shit
>kill self on D:3 after the fifth minute of mashing 5 on a > waiting for it to walk next to me
>>
>>162852274
play a knight and just ride it
or die slipping off your horse
>>
File: 1448233237821.png (35KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1448233237821.png
35KB, 600x599px
>>162852274
That's the worst part.
>>
File: DIDIT.png (729KB, 1840x1022px) Image search: [Google]
DIDIT.png
729KB, 1840x1022px
>>162851316
>>162851491
>>162851548
I did it! Hahaha!
>>
>>162852274
As I recall you're meant to carry tripe so your pet stays close to you
>>
>>162852484
i thought the tripe was only for training it to burgle for you
>>
>>162852550
if its a bit hungry it'll stay close if you have appropriate food
tripe for meat eaters, veggies for herbivores
>>
File: Ohayou.png (90KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ohayou.png
90KB, 480x480px
>>162852460
>Tyrael

I like you.
now win a real combo you memer
>>
>>162852460
Well done
>>
>tfw your win rate ticks down as you keep dying to stupid shit
>>
>>162852460
good work, the first win is always the sweetest, and nerve-wracking.
>>
the only people worse than those who care about winrate are those who pull up your online winrate to disparage you in an argument
>>
>>162853143
This anon has an 82.6% winrate over 12k games. Get a job you loser.
>>
>>162839326
Here's glend in action against morgoth.
http://angband.oook.cz/screen-show.php?id=2314
>>
File: imstartingtoseeapattern.png (46KB, 908x615px) Image search: [Google]
imstartingtoseeapattern.png
46KB, 908x615px
This looks familiar...
>>
>>162853851
THE GOO IS IN THE WATER!
>>
>>162853851
which version of which fork are you playing? I'm playing the latest R and I haven't gotten any bugs yet.
>>
File: 1440341917907.png (314KB, 533x633px) Image search: [Google]
1440341917907.png
314KB, 533x633px
>>162851316
>clearing both lungs
Mad man

>>162852460
Gz anon! Now time for online play and more wins!
>>
>>162854246
I'm playing the latest version of Pseudoelliposchengband. This seems to always happen when going to Icky Caves for the 1st time, heading back to Outpost from the south, then using auto travel key.
>>
File: im smart.png (110KB, 1154x706px) Image search: [Google]
im smart.png
110KB, 1154x706px
I detected monsters earlier, saw this guy on the list, and assumed it was the identical-looking P outside the vault.

Then turned a corner and had my face blown off.
>>
>>162853368
That hugo dude scares me. Nobody can play that many *bands and still be sane.
>>
>>162854303
>he doesn't clear both lungs
it's like you don't even want the free XP
>>
>>162854518
Always examine everything and pay attention to your monsters in view window. pcb is absolutely testicles for eyes retarded about glyph use.
>>
>>162854514
what OS?
>>
>>162854514
He'll fix it eventually I guess.
Play the R fork for pseudo, it's pseudo+R merged together, so you can import your save without a problem.

>>162854518
>it breathes. What a noble sacrifice!
*bands.png.tiff.gif
>>
>>162854518
I hate that thing, and worry I'll never get close to winning because I've never killed it
>>
>>162854514
>then using auto travel key.
WHAT
ARE YOU TELLING ME THERE'S AN AUTOEXPLORE KEY IN POSCHENGBAND
>>
>>162854715
the R fork is not savefile compatible
>>
>>162854963
are you sure
even the new pseudo branch
it should
>>
File: fault.png (33KB, 881x540px) Image search: [Google]
fault.png
33KB, 881x540px
Segfault breath. Cannot be resisted.
>>
It's a segfault cascade.
>>
>>162855071
breath damage lore broke save compatibility

which is why it's not in pseudo
>>
File: chaosbolt.png (2KB, 541x29px) Image search: [Google]
chaosbolt.png
2KB, 541x29px
>>162854685
Win7

>>162854715
>Play the R fork for pseudo, it's pseudo+R merged together
I can't into compiling

>>162854846
Yes there is with `, but it is sometimes buggy (I've had it go fuck off four screens worth once before to a quest)
>>
>>162855470
did that dragon get genderbent?
>>
File: game_of_life_is_a_roguelike.png (9KB, 716x475px) Image search: [Google]
game_of_life_is_a_roguelike.png
9KB, 716x475px
Still kinda busy working on not-roguelikes.

>>162855431
Yeah, they are not really compatible since the pseudo deprecated my spell-damage lore ( which I then again re-introduced when I forked pseudo for R ).

>>162855237
I would make a super-boss for hell, I would make it breathe segfault.

>>162855470
https://my.mixtape.moe/qvhqgs.zip

Most recent build... I think.
>>
>>162855669
>https://my.mixtape.moe/qvhqgs.zip

wtf it deleted my anime folder
>>
>>162855470
can you specify where exactly you were aiming the `

i'm trying to reproduce this and getting nothing

>>162855669
well the spell-damage lore broke compat with vanilla pcb as well

i actually have no fucking clue how saves work or how to change shit so it updates saves from previous versions

also seriously just put exes on your github wtf
>>
>>162855857
>also seriously just put exes on your github wtf
only retards put binaries and other build artefacts into version control.
>>
>>162856142
you can make releases though
>>
File: carlosinpcb.png (1KB, 518x13px) Image search: [Google]
carlosinpcb.png
1KB, 518x13px
>>162855857
I typically aimed somewhere near the center of town. Did it once to my Home and got that bug as well.
>>
>>162855857
>also seriously just put exes on your github wtf
Fucking disgusting, quit roguelikes today.
>>
i've tried editing the options file for nethack and it still won't fullscreen

help me /rlg/enies
>>
>>162855857
k.

Well, it is kinda difficult to make some save-file conversions. The saves are basically a large series of bytes ( 2 bytes for 16-bit integers etc ), which have to be read in same order as saved. Making them compatible wouldn't be that huge deal, although I can't remember if I have properly altered version-numbering for R. I probably should have.
If the versions are different, I can just check if the file is old version, and when loading the spell damage values, instead of checking bytes from file ( which would offset the loading of saves badly ), just fudge them and proceed with game. The next save will update the file proper.

>>162856142
It is bigger issue when collaborating/bigger projects. Just throwing exe and updating regularly helps people who cannot into compiling.
I could make another repo for the releases. But won't be doing it today or tomorrow. Deadlines are creeping and my head aches.
>>
>>162856295
>>162856142

First, do no bully.
>>
>it's always good kill elves, remember this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDcoDMbmPNI&t=4h5m40s
>>
File: monk.png (601KB, 1836x1020px) Image search: [Google]
monk.png
601KB, 1836x1020px
Human Monk of TSO, what am I in for? I will use longe blades.
>>
File: dcss8.png (111KB, 1362x596px) Image search: [Google]
dcss8.png
111KB, 1362x596px
ooohhh baby, lets just hope I can survive until I get 2666 gold
>>
>>162859685
TSO is not really a great choice earlygame, hepliaklqana gives you massive boost in power at ** piety, especially if you pick the battlemage ancestor,

also, are you playing an older version, since monks can pick weapons now.
>>
>>162856220
Or people can spend a fraction of a single ascension learning how to compile whatever for your OS. Stop making excuses.
>>
File: herewego.png (356KB, 1834x1018px) Image search: [Google]
herewego.png
356KB, 1834x1018px
>>162860006
Humm, I think i may have misclicked the weapon, anyway, found altar soon, let the roleplay begin.
>>
>>162860136
Natasha + Ghost of old MiBe, dead, well, that was fast.
>>
>>162859685
A harder game than Gr/HO/Mi for no real reason. You wont be able to tab as easily. The lower damage of long blades will cause you some headaches until you get the skill for twohanders but then you'll be taking more damage as you will only have divine SH to make up for your mediocre AC/EV

>>162860006
TSO's fine. He gets halo for acc, divine shield for basically strapping on another shield, he gets a powerful and cheap AoE, and he can spam self-healing angels and large shield wielding smite casting daeva's like popcorn in any hard encounter by Lair:6
>>
File: dcss9.png (102KB, 1365x593px) Image search: [Google]
dcss9.png
102KB, 1365x593px
nigga fuck damage spikes and fuck dream sheep and also fuck me for rushing to the labyrinth, which gave me fuck all, and placed me back in the horde.
>>
>gargoyle of TSO
>find a manual of invocations at the end of Tartarus
>"might as well make use of this, TSO's powers scale with invo anyway"
>funnel all XP into invo
>immediately enter Dis
>somehow only notice before Dispater's chamber that my invocations went from 14 to 25 and the manual is long gone

How much of a waste was this? I know I probably should have put some of that XP into my actual combat skills which are all in the early 20s, but is having that much invocations going to have some type of noticable effect on my powers?
>>
>>162863327
doesn't it give you a notification when you finish a manual
like a press space to skip notification
>>
>>162863494
If they did, I didn't notice it.

Doesn't matter anyway, just splatted on Gehenna 7.

Lesson learned, kiddos: even 60+ AC and a large shield doesn't help when you're spitroasted between two damnation hurlers
>>
>>162863327
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/5ec54a4b4090f0cfd8404e5ea0298e1225a55723/crawl-ref/source/godabil.cc
Divine shield

// affects size of SH bonus, decreases near end of duration
you.attribute[ATTR_DIVINE_SHIELD] =
3 + you.skill_rdiv(SK_INVOCATIONS, 1, 5);

You can clear out all the demon/undead in range of your cleansing flame for 2-3 casts of it and get hp+mp back for it. TSO is legit.
>>
File: statstick.png (78KB, 1154x704px) Image search: [Google]
statstick.png
78KB, 1154x704px
>getting a lucky drop at level 12
I can feel the fault approaching.

He also had a pattern cutlass with +3 str/con, not that it is useful to me.
>>
>>162853851
ok this is fixed on github
>>
File: 1412735227131.jpg (67KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1412735227131.jpg
67KB, 800x533px
In C:DDA, whats the difference between bashing, slashing and piercing damage?
>>
>>162866404
armor has different defense values vs bashing or slashing

piercing checks slash armor but it also has some kind of bonus to armor penetration i think
>>
>>162866404
Cutting and piercing weapons have better stats but some monsters have high armor against them.

That's about it.
>>
>>162866404
oh yeah and shit with high bashing damage can be wielded to make you better at smashing shit

wield a homewrecker or a sledgehammer and you'll have enough bashing power to knock down walls (probably, depending on your strength)
>>
File: 1475349111956.jpg (148KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1475349111956.jpg
148KB, 1000x1250px
tummy slaaaash!
>>
File: almost ded.png (39KB, 887x810px) Image search: [Google]
almost ded.png
39KB, 887x810px
>press >
>rodofdetection
>holy shit there are 20 Ls in LOS of me, I could have instadied
>>
>>162871610
this is one of the many varieties of examples that show why Create Doors is the most powerful spell in the game.
>>
File: dcss10.png (369KB, 1361x606px) Image search: [Google]
dcss10.png
369KB, 1361x606px
I fucking love it when you get transmuters off the ground.
>>
>the craft ego can have mana brand
holy shit i wish i was a class with mana right now
>>
File: mana.png (9KB, 644x202px) Image search: [Google]
mana.png
9KB, 644x202px
>>162872309
>>
>>162871610
L's were liches right?
>>
>>162874462
Well some of them are Black Reavers.
>>
File: 2016-12-16.png (20KB, 661x418px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-16.png
20KB, 661x418px
>>162871857
They have "ground"? Spiderform on d:2 and it only becomes better from there.
>>
>>162874769
For some reason, I can clear dungeon,lair,orc with unarmed draconian with 0 spells but die on the first few floors when I play transmuter, so I decided to just rush bladehands this time and pump UC,fighting,dodging.
>>
>>162875027
You probably don't use enough spiderform and snek.
>>
>>162875027
Cast appendage and fix your low starting UC first thing. Use sneks too.
>>
>>162875392
I personally prefer to fix low starting spiderform chance. The bonus to UC from spiderform is bigger than what you can get from the skill, and you get 20 EV immediately too.
>>
How do I download Elliposchengband for Windows?
>>
>>162871761
>>162871610
>tfw no rod of create doors
>>
>>162876593
there's a scroll of summon forest which is nearly as good

doesn't prevent monsters from walking through at all but it blocks LOS
>>
File: dcss11.png (335KB, 1365x610px) Image search: [Google]
dcss11.png
335KB, 1365x610px
Statue form is god-tier, I really,really hope I don't splat this guy. I don't want to go back to playing armoured tabbers.
>>
>>162876856
Just wait until you're a pale dragon
>>
File: 2016-12-16 (1).png (21KB, 661x418px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-16 (1).png
21KB, 661x418px
>>162876856
Statueform is great, yes, but blade hands + armour works fine too.
>>
>>162876856
But with statue you ARE an armoured tabber anon, don't pretend you're not.
>>
File: no bullying!.jpg (29KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
no bullying!.jpg
29KB, 512x512px
>>162878975

Why the sudden animosity? Don't bully!
>>
File: dcss12.png (422KB, 1365x597px) Image search: [Google]
dcss12.png
422KB, 1365x597px
Nearly got my ass destroyed against Lerny in statue form, so I decided to just go dragon form which 2-shotted him.
>>
>>162880460

You can do Slime rune if you have rCorr
>>
>>162876593
there's wand of wallbuilding
>>
>>162876593
>tfw japanese adom has a wand of door creation and a wand of wall creation
>>
File: 0.20 OgWn 2 runes + vaults 1-4.png (31KB, 802x415px) Image search: [Google]
0.20 OgWn 2 runes + vaults 1-4.png
31KB, 802x415px
Lair branches + vaults: the biggest change for Ogres here is that you can actually get up to lv 5 support spells. This mostly means good summons like ice beasts/lightning spire and maybe even forest or mana vipers. I have the lightning spire easily castable in FDS and 16 in Throwing too, so it's not like I'm only going for magic.

I expect that level 6 spells are an upper limit for a 3 rune melee ogre, but that's a huge improvement over previous level 3 + PoG.
>>
>>162885706
Elona and ADOM are functionally the same, except the former is not made by a complete dick and does not suck.
>>
>>162886758
Not that guy, but I tried playing Elona a bit and it seemed plenty different to me. Is it really that similar?
>>
>>162886987
Tower of Eternal Flames
Stomafillia, Morgia and other herbs
Poison Hands and Mana Battery corruption
And probably many more
>>
>>162887478

>Tower of Eternal Flames

What is this?
>>
>>162886987
Elona is literally an ADOM rip off flavored with weebshit
>>
File: lovelyamy.png (665KB, 806x721px) Image search: [Google]
lovelyamy.png
665KB, 806x721px
Speaking of Elona, the Amy (who is loved by all of /rlg/) also started a new character. Check that history. "You like being chained up" :D
>>
>>162888125

>Age: 10

enjoy your ban
>>
>>162888278
>not realizing that wasp lifespans are different from humans
>>
>>162830876
No nethack?
Also nethack is by far the worst game to play in asci i do not know how it got so popular before it got tiles
>>
>>162889751
what? how are nethack tiles better than ascii

it isn't like adom/crawl where the tiles mode actually shows you more information than ascii
>>
>>162836161
>you close the door
>door clearly open
What

Also what game can you play as an octopuss
>>
>>162836980
I dont play this but that sounds retarded.
>>
>>162836161
they want to make people play good roguelikes instead, e.g. slex
>>
>>162889751
>Also nethack is by far the worst game to play in tiles i do not know how people can bear with those fuzzy pixel graphics
ftfy
>>
>>162890019
basically there was a super niche mechanic that almost nobody ever used where you could destroy a spellbook to forget one of the spells in it (freeing up the spell slots that it took up)

nobody ever used this because there are way more amnesia scrolls than a typical player will ever use

basically it was only for minotaur fire elementalist meme strats where you destroyed your fire spellbook on turn 1 and worshipped the berserker god
>>
>>162836161

Their hobby is pretending to be retarded that's why.
>>
>>162849782
>it used to be a endless page
Oh god who the fuck thought that was a good idea and why is it so common
>>
>>162847679
dumb akari poster
>>
>>162852460
Congratulations
>>
File: 1451668954119.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451668954119.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>162890571
Im not dumb..
>>
>>162855237
>windows
>>
>>162856695
>people who cannot into compiling
Its not fucking hard
Well unless something does wrong then it can be a nightmare
>>
>>162891292
Not worth it if you're running Windows just to play some roguelike desu. If you're on Linux sure.
>>
File: 1473880810163.gif (103KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
1473880810163.gif
103KB, 540x392px
tummies...?
>>
>>162888502
If earth was visited by aliens would we expect them to follow our age of majority
If so would it be based off our years or years on there home planet

Would there enlightened ways convince us to lower our own age of majority to something less stupid
>>
>>162891292
Linux compiling is ezpz.

Windows compiling is a nightmare.
>>
>>162836161
They're trying to make it more appealing to casual masses for the future steam release. The shekels aren't gonna get themselves.
>>
>>162891862
>lower
fuck off back to octuplechan, pedo
>>
File: dayuum.png (4KB, 843x24px) Image search: [Google]
dayuum.png
4KB, 843x24px
>>
>tfw your promising DrTm dies in vaults:5

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
>>162892694
Might be the best randart DA I've seen
>>
>>162892694
Its meh
>>
>>162893190
What's a good randart then?
>>
>>162891046
I don't think you're dumb, Akarin-poster. I think you're an important part of the /rlg/ ecosystem!
>>
>>162893949
Well for once the -4 str is debateable, stealth is useless and rF+ and rC+ you can get that from gold dragon armor for FREE
The +14 is the only thing thats good on it, would rather wear armour of dragon king than that desu
>>
File: 1455038920091.jpg (43KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1455038920091.jpg
43KB, 180x180px
>>162894048
Thank you!
>>
>>162894372
Shut the fuck up armaa and suck my Great D of Bile
>>
File: suck out all of that freexp.png (49KB, 654x917px) Image search: [Google]
suck out all of that freexp.png
49KB, 654x917px
>>162894525
ok

even got a level out of it

>youmissyoumissyoumissyoumiss
quad wielding sucks. genji gloves when
>>
>>162894525
Dont be rude anon.. And i dont suck things, please
>>
>>162894225

>+14 is the only thing that's good on it

lol
>>
>>162894924
Is it not?
>>
>>162895005
resistances are good
regen is good
stealth is good

yes you can get the resists from gda but gda is also encumbering as fuck compared to shadow armor

and yes the stealth bonus only barely outstrips the stealth penalty from encumbrance, but that's still much better than equivalent-AC armors and is a nice bonus for exploiting LITERALLYWALKAWAY more often
>>
File: reforg.png (6KB, 657x128px) Image search: [Google]
reforg.png
6KB, 657x128px
which of these do i shove Robin Hood into
>>
File: 1473974851389.png (103KB, 484x448px) Image search: [Google]
1473974851389.png
103KB, 484x448px
>Be a complete scrub noob
>Get really far with a DsMo of Yred get 2 runes, didn't know vaults 5 was a clusterfuck, fight tooth an nail up the stairs the third turn back on vaults 4, banished to abyss 5 and scroll blinded with no hp, die. Forgot i had Pain Mirror
>Get 3 runes with a DsMo clear out most of the 3 rune game, fighting random stuff in Depths trying to farm up an army after a costly engagement, Moth of Rage around the corner with a caustic shriek, desperately heal wounds myself but die with 51 ac, forget i had Pain Mirror.

I'm just never gonna win a rougelike cause i am clinically retarded.
>>
>>162895121
Oh i forgot regen, didnt see it oops, regen is allright
I mean, when you look at the thing as a whole, its okish, but when you compare it to some other armors you could be using, you realise its meh
The stealth bonus would still be somewhat useless if you have min-penalty on encumbrance rate and this whole theorycrafting is useless without knowing the anons background and race or anything
Overall, its a 6/10 randart desu
>>
File: how to win dcss.gif (933KB, 872x582px) Image search: [Google]
how to win dcss.gif
933KB, 872x582px
>>162895432
stealth bonus is good on everything except ^qaz

it's not for stabbing, it's for abusing picrelated
>>
>>162895389
>3 runes
>fighting random stuff in Depths
you do V:5 after depths you triple minotaur
>>
>>162895638
Isn't the door to Zot in depths?? I hadn't even cleared it all and died like an idiot for not teleing the turn i saw a shrike
>>
>>162895731
Depths is more dangerous than Vaults 1-4 but less dangerous than Vaults 5, so it's best to put off V5 until after clearing depths when you have more xp/items

you can do the same for earlier branch ends as well. if you're feeling weak you can leave the final floors of shoals/swamp/snake/spider for later and go do something else first, since the last floor of a branch is generally a big step up in difficulty over the rest
>>
File: 1480344457163.jpg (75KB, 878x930px) Image search: [Google]
1480344457163.jpg
75KB, 878x930px
>>162895389
>>162895731

How are you even capable of posting here if you're clinically retarded? Roleplaying is not allowed in dungeon crawl stone soup general
>>
File: slex evil artifacts.png (76KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slex evil artifacts.png
76KB, 1280x1000px
"Dead air" time of the day again? Time for the Amy to post a retarded, shilly snapshot of the in-development SLEX source code showing a bunch of rather evil new artifacts! One of my favorites is the one that makes traps instakill you with 1% chance.
>>
File: 1447196108836.jpg (12KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
1447196108836.jpg
12KB, 211x212px
>>162899727
Now I believe than Amy is a girl.

This is truly horrible """humor""" that a man would be ashamed of.

Genes for humor reside on the Y chromosome.
>>
>>162895507

>not wanting free xp
>>
>>162899727
>google teh amy slex
>Did you mean: the mummy alex
>mummy
dickuXamy confirmed canon pairing
>>
how to hit an enemy one square away with polearms in dcss?
>>
>>162903630
v or tab
>>
File: doglord_of_wow.png (8KB, 573x247px) Image search: [Google]
doglord_of_wow.png
8KB, 573x247px
Anyway, since people asked, I made a repo for PseudoposchengbandR windows binaries.

https://github.com/floatRand/pseudoposchengbandR_release

>>162903630
Unless things have changed or I am remembering incorrectly, you have to e[v]oke it.
>>
>>162886243
I want HE back. HE were a better hybrid in every way that mattered unless you were just shooting OOD's from your dick before a fight.It's MD's all over again with blatant blindness to what niches the apts give them.

>>162887908
Fire theme dungeon like 1/4 into the game.

>>162890350
Retarded normies going woww I hate clicking next page, make it scroll guys!. Same thing happened with manga becoming more mainstream.
>>
>>162895364
Whatever you want, it's not even a 1 mil reforge so it's gonna be dicks anyway. Don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>162895389
If you're not backtracking a lot, you can t-w your army at lair:2/d:15 and the previous up stair to help with how much they get chewed up.
You also have an invoc based life drain on a +3 invocs race too
>>
>>162802102
anyone poschengband here? or angband in general?

trying to figure out the basics of the game as i dont really play RLs that are structured without a strong focus on its clock mechanic. it really changes the dynamic of the game (so far liking it)
>>
File: 1419468483844.png (314KB, 846x644px) Image search: [Google]
1419468483844.png
314KB, 846x644px
>>162904405
Read

The

Pastebin

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>162904405
>basics
buy lantern
kill morgoth
don't die
>>
>>162904610
>Not filling your inventory with 26 mana crystalsx99 and allahu ackbaring
Gotta save the day at any cost.
>>
>>162904483
Needs to be updated for tums and veganism.
Cowtits are dead.
>>
>>162904405
The clock isn't that huge. While it certainly has significance above-ground, otherwise it doesn't do much. Although I had ideas of making some things that play on that ( unique that transforms or a artifact which has changing properties - like getting permanently cursed during nights and getting all sorts of nasty shit, but in same time a significant power boost - or lantern that gets massive boosts in light during daytime )
>>
>>162904882
No, you fucking niggers are wrecking the place. We don't need to add to it.
>>
>>162905717
So were the cowtits. This is just another incarnation of the same concept.
You cannot escape the cycle of memes.
>>
>>162905883
>tfw you killed a good and caring daddy
>>
File: low tumcount tummy pinch.jpg (152KB, 773x1093px) Image search: [Google]
low tumcount tummy pinch.jpg
152KB, 773x1093px
>>162904483

This is lacking... severely lacking of tummies!
>>
>>162906554
that looks like a pretty high tumcount to me
>>
File: 1465730663926880172.jpg (215KB, 541x441px) Image search: [Google]
1465730663926880172.jpg
215KB, 541x441px
>>162906554
Don't forget roguelikes
>>
Not on my watch!
>>
>>162860421
>He gets halo for acc, divine shield for basically strapping on another shield, he gets a powerful and cheap AoE, and he can spam self-healing angels and large shield wielding smite casting daeva's like popcorn in any hard encounter by Lair:6
halo acc works both ways, divine shield and holy fire cost piety, angels and daevas cost a lot of piety, and tso gains most of the piety from killing unholy and undead. in return you're not allowed to use a blowgun, cast hexes or necromancy, use "evil" or venomous weapons, or go invisible. loss of blowgun capability and net stabs alone is enough reason not to take him in the early game, but sub 1% winrate plebs like yourself probably just wing it and hope to make it to lair with him

why would anyone spread lies on the internet like this?
>>
>>162909593
Oh no! it's like I have the same defenses as an orc and I wont be able to spend my overflowing 200 piety on blessed donuts! The sky is falling!

Why would anyone spread lies on the internet like this?
>>
>>162904610
>playing PCB
>telling him to kill Morgoth and not Serpent
Ummmmm????
Killing Morgoth is a good idea though.
>>
GENRLEMEN

after 12 years off-and-on i have finally beaten nethack (spoiler-free for 11 and then i just looked everything up)

what is the next roguelike for me to conquer?
>>
>>162909881
slex

beating that will make regular nethack look like a walk in the park
>>
>>162909960
Did Amy actually beat her own misbegotten creation?
>>
>>162910739
Yes, several times.
>>
>>162910783
Then it can't be so hard.
Probably just a matter of trial and error.
>>
>>162909881
Sil, Brogue, Infra arcana Dynahack, crawl
>>
>>162911524
Since when is Crawl a part of the meme combo?
I understand adding Dynahack, even though it isn't a part of the Overrated Trinity, but Crawl?
>>
>>162911682
I don't think it's the best but it's worth a couple wins then move on.
>>
>>162909709
>anon loses all semblance of coherence when his badwiki advice is revealed for what it is
diagnosis:aspergers
>>
How do you lads play Demon with a melee build? Its so boring. I've tried Crown and Fist but they're just so lame compared to Orb.
>>
>>162909881

Sil.

But after playing nethack, I'm sure everything else would feel inadequate.
>>
>>162912410
You stack on-hit debuffs, get 2-hit attacks and meme shout (physical breath).

Crown is god tier for relic abilities, but has shit choices of regular abilities.
Mask has been nerfed with that enemy sense bullshit, but has meme needle+poison for starters, quickly becoming a good melee build.
>>
>>162912410
You can play a dancer dodge tank
Get some combo of the wisp's ghost pierce,the AoE movement slash, evasion cantrip/movement evasion skill, juggernaut, oppressor, swiftness/mobility, bloodlust, leadership
Make 2-3 demons with the same set but give them a buff cry. Pack a healer and get quick desummon at some point for switch outs. Everybody runs in and explodes the enemies in a frenzied blitz of accelerated turns

Run an impact build using mighty roar to cover the enemies in infection, -off, -def, poison, paralysis, crusader proc

Run as a slash debuffer to apply guilt first and foremost and use 2 rabble+ldr slash buffers to synergize turn acceleration, heal on hit, and buffs to durably chew through foes

Run shocking stab meme and stack your passives for max shock chance sitting at like 20%

Run tanking passives and use the touches and healer cycling to outlast foes.

Veil tank

Stack the block/parry skills and run with a healer and two coverage AoE blasters to tear shit up.

Melee got hurt real hard with the strength nerf though.
>>
File: crawl_2016-12-15_21-00-45.png (75KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
crawl_2016-12-15_21-00-45.png
75KB, 300x231px
What a nazi game? >:o
>>
>>162913567
you've come to the reich place
>>
File: 1481261695091.jpg (16KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1481261695091.jpg
16KB, 328x277px
>>162913567
if you shatter nazi hallways in-game hitler dies irl

defeat hitler, anon. save the world.
>>
File: 2144522-doomrl_sshot.png (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2144522-doomrl_sshot.png
369KB, 1920x1080px
Now that its open source, do you think something will happen with it in terms of content in the foreseeable future?
>>
>>162916646
Dunno. It is rather complete as far as roguelikes go. It doesn't really need that much content since it is short to begin with.
However, there are rooms for improvement. Random generation, for example, could be much better. I feel that lot of the areas early on are way too samey and open. It could use more sophisticated generation which could capitalize on the shooting-gameplay.
Other than that, perhaps some sort of dungeon-sprints, where instead of crawling through Doom1 you go through sets of levels?
Import Sunlust to DoomRL

Or Sunder.

Or gameplay mods, like Russian Overkill, Trailblazer, Demonsteele...
>>
>>162917884
Oh, and on improvements: make ammo hog less space.
>>
>>162918081
Or just have a regular ol' ammo counter like in Doom. I mean why not, that's how it's supposed to be.
Not hogging the inventory but still finite.
>>
>>162917884
Port it to a non-shit language
>>
>>162899727

I guess anyone must have a hobby.
>>
File: frozen to death.png (328KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
frozen to death.png
328KB, 1366x768px
nooo ;_;
>>
File: Untitled.png (257KB, 1832x883px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
257KB, 1832x883px
so the boss on floor fucking 3 can just decide to turn invisible making it impossible for me to kill him? Fucking bullshit game
>>
>>162904882
>>162906554
>>
>>162922016
Looks like you failed to evoke feet, elf.
>>
>>162922016
>the boss on floor fucking 3
Who?
>>
>>162922016
>boss
uniques aren't bosses anon
>>
>>162909881
>spoiler-free for 11
What a noble sacrifice!
>and then i just looked everything up
That was rather disonorable.
>>
>>162922016
>>162922410
Wait, did you mean Sigmund?
>>
>>162922295
Good riddance
>>
>>162922678
Yeah it was Sigmund. Idk what to do I'm so shit at this game
>>
>>162922016

kiddo, this is a roguelike. this is how you play the game >>162895507
>>
>>162922692
>>
File: Again and again.png (35KB, 682x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Again and again.png
35KB, 682x1238px
>>162923174
>>
I accidentally turned off the function that lets me pick things that have a green square up automatically. Anybody know how to turn it back on?
>>
>>162921954
>ash
>using a FROST FLAIL
>in ice caves
Anonnnnnnnn..
>>
>>162923529
^A

(that's ctrl+A)
>>
>>162923529
yeah anon it's the same for all roguelikes
we just had a convention just for that
No need to specify which game you're talking about
>>
>>162923668
It's such a noob question that he can only be talking about Crawl.
>>
>>162923668
crawl is literally the only rl with green outlines for items that go on autopickup you fucking noob
>>
>>162923769
Could have been PCB, anon. There's an even chance.
>>162923858
Boy I bet you feel silly now
>>
File: urw.png (832KB, 1207x937px) Image search: [Google]
urw.png
832KB, 1207x937px
He was attacked by a reindeer while on a hunt. He's crippled but in no danger of dying, just broken bones, no cuts. Can I treat his injuries?
Also... where can I get barley or rye seeds? I went to a field by a village and harvested -> threshed some fully matured ryes but I only got grains...is that what I plant?
>>
>>162899727
you write source code in notepad?
>>
>>162926141
>windows coding
>>
>>162925136
You can't do anything about that, but his wounds will heal with time. Yeah, you need grain.
>>
>>162912410
don't listen to these noobs, veil tank is the most fun you'll have in the game and shits all over enemy AI, including relic wraiths (note that veil tank ghosts are really shit since players can just command their demons to avoid attacking them)
make sure to get alluring veil from pele because you will need it for tower:20 ghosts
also never EVER try a build that tries to stack shock chance since it's actually really shit compared to just killing shit, especially since you need cunning to keep the chance at a decent level (it only affects the base chance)
if you're going to take shocking stab or shocking spear or whatever and you want stun, literally just take heavy handed and with that one ability you're already doing more than stacking all the shock passives in the entire game
after that you can stack more on-hit passives since shocking stab/spear has one physical attack
>>
>>162916646
>>162917884
How about non-shit combat
It's literally just "fire into darkness with sound effects on" or "walk into view of an enemy and trade shots until one of you dies"
>>
File: crawl.jpg (535KB, 1278x1410px) Image search: [Google]
crawl.jpg
535KB, 1278x1410px
I don't get this, because, for one thing, I don't play Tiles, so have no idea which altar is which
>>
>>162927119
Thanks m8
>>
File: Outpostrink.png (201KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Outpostrink.png
201KB, 1440x900px
The rune knight nerf was a mistake
>>
i wish you could reorganize your home in angband so i could split it up into "weapons i actually might want to use" vs "artifacts that i am just autismally hoarding because they're artifacts"
>>
>>162928507
Sword: Okawaru
Snails: Cheibriados
Gem: Gozag
Sculpture with fire: Beogh
Mystery: mystery
Decapitation: Trog
Flame: Makhleb
Crystal sphere: Pakellas
Silver Star: Zin
Tablet: Vehumet

Rest are doors. Temple entrance, bazaar-entrance ( , labyrinth entrance ( square ), ziggurat-entrance (purple swirly) and trove-entrance ( lock-shaped ).

Oh, and Xom-coins.
>>
File: g.jpg (59KB, 748x543px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
59KB, 748x543px
Can anyone do latest build of Infra Arcana? Last zippyshare 19.0beta wasn't working correctly, a fresh one is needed.
>>
>>162929490
>artifacts that i am just autismally hoarding because they're artifacts
Museum.
>>
>>162930213
but what if for some reason i need to reforge this shitty 2000-value artifact lucerne hammer?
>>
>Play some Coffeebreak-mode to celebrate end of schoolwork
>Notice that downstairs don't spawn after Warg-quest.

Oopsiedoo.
>>
File: angmard.png (30KB, 885x545px) Image search: [Google]
angmard.png
30KB, 885x545px
>floor 93

Home stretch.
>>
File: 1366244628169.png (2MB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1366244628169.png
2MB, 1536x1152px
>>162921954
>Ice cave
>15 ev
>rC-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>162922763
>>162895507
Do his pic. A hunter or whatever the fug you are just isn't setup to deal with a decently statted invis enemy that early. His xp is piss in the long run anyway so you can just come back later or forget about him with no problem.

>>162934943
What's your playtime at?
>>
>trash mobs that breathe sound/shards
DELET
>>
File: Punished Chris.png (170KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Chris.png
170KB, 1440x900px
>>
>>162936320
>it's a "you entered the level in a big open room full of gravity/impact hounts" episode
>>
Does anyone have any advice for Demon with regards to what to do for good fusions? Should I try to emphasize strengths or mitigate weaknesses? Should I always try to bump up Vitality or some other stat? Has someone made a wiki for the game that I can consult?
>>
File: Easter egg.png (165KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Easter egg.png
165KB, 1440x900px
I'm pretty sure Floatrand added this himself but it's still fun.
>>
>>162936584
hit right or left or whatever to see their stats and right click their modifier to see potential skills. Anything works really.

Nobody's made a wiki, you're welcome to try though. What's the questions? Ayayaya and the others should be back and infrequently around for actually useful advice now that the update's dropped.
>>
>>162936727
The Variant Maintainer himself is in vanilla PCB, but floatrand added that line.
>>
>>162936180
>What's your playtime at?

Too long.
>>
>>162937051
Nigga just give my the numbers
>>
>>162936758

Questions I have mostly consist of what high level demons and abilities are like and how far each one can take me before I should drop it, a list of builds beyond what's in the pasta, what upgrades are the best and what to do with them (see the veil tank build in the pasta? Did you know that Transpose Soul makes acquiring veils exponentially easier?), the nature of modifiers and unique demons (what do the number of stars mean? Should I sac a demon with one star to fuse one that has two, or the other way around?), what order to do branches and what linking each demon involves (did you jump into arcadia at level three and try to link with Actaeon immediately? Have fun fighting hounds for 70 turns), so on and so forth.

Mostly I just want a bigger, better community for a game I just found, got into, and fallen in love with. Is there even a discord or subreddit?
>>
>>162937512
You could probably talk to the mods and get demon in the roguelites reddit or however that hellhole is organized.
>>
File: 1419588805641.png (285KB, 884x903px) Image search: [Google]
1419588805641.png
285KB, 884x903px
>>162937512
Updated version of the guide for the 12/12 build here: http://forum.ferretdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=172

Can't be assed to update the pastebin.

The community is small and either posts here or on the game's forums.
>>
>>162937287
>Game 1064888
>Standard 179371

Even using deep descent and without repeating floors, it still feels like forever.
>>
File: T-thanks uncle willow.png (90KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
T-thanks uncle willow.png
90KB, 1440x900px
Man, I was hyped for that.
>>
>>162938628
fucking randarts only wins again
>>
File: Okay I guess.png (109KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Okay I guess.png
109KB, 1440x900px
Cool beans
>>
>>162937512
To answer your questions:

To see late game demons and build ideas, look through the morgues here: http://forum.ferretdev.org/viewforum.php?f=8

IMHO, transpose soul is not needed unless there's a hard to get veil you want.

2 stars have stronger abilities than 1 star.

I never do Actaceon. Too risky for me.
>>
>>162938782
Is that some super rare artifact? I've never even seen it on the ladder.
>>
>>162938782
Ridiculous.
>>
>>162939142
It's a custom made poschengband-R artifact that gives you great power at an even greater cost
But the randart version just skips the cost part and goes straight to the power
>>
>tab into a statue of a chest mimic mimic
what a shame.
>>
>>162938782
>no stealth

Why bother?
>>
>>162938782
doesn't that enable ironman_nightmare mode?
>>
>>162940617
It also has slightly better and different stats
but that's the randart version
>>
>>162938628
>>162938782
DELETE THIS
>>
>>162939068
I completely disagree about Actaeon. I find him to be one of the most solid uniques early on due to his decent tank status outside of Anomaly and his link challenge is fairly easy if you know what your doing, unlike Headless who can get fucked by zombies or Vikhor who you have to get lucky and corner.
>>
if I'm praying to Ash and cross training is enabled for two skill that i've selected, does both of those skills get a double boost?
>>
File: haha fuck no.png (153KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
haha fuck no.png
153KB, 1440x900px
>stealing my wand of cloning
Time for ctrl-q
>>
File: *glomps you*.png (124KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
*glomps you*.png
124KB, 1440x900px
Aww.
>>
File: 321Wailord.png (114KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
321Wailord.png
114KB, 431x431px
>>162942812
>It hugs you.

how sweet of him
>>
U U U
U@ U
U U U
>>
>>162946219
MODS
>>
File: Untitled.png (161KB, 1098x613px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
161KB, 1098x613px
>>
>>162942812
>370hp

how'd you get past the drolem anyways
>>
>>162947063
i see nothing unusual
>>
>>162946219
Fug, what were the U's in PCB? I flinched hard when I saw that.
>>
>>162947718
>magically summons Cyberdemons!
>>
>>162947718
All manner of greater demon.
>>
>>162946219
U
U P U
U
>>
>Gary "The Hot Soup" gestures seductively
>Soup's on Baby! Alphabet Edition!
>You are surrounded by creatures of multivariate form!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs
>>
>>162952572
Lisa any good?
>>
>>162953217
what kind of stupid question is that
>>
>>162955178
It's been a year of bitter disappointment
>>
>>162953217
It's excellent.
>>
Why are we so dead?
>>
File: 1481391605613.jpg (83KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481391605613.jpg
83KB, 1280x1024px
>>162958847
everyone is shitting up dcss online with their mibe ghosts

except me, i'm playing angband
>>
>>162958847
I'm playing door orc simulator 2k16. The runs take a long time for interesting tactical situations to happen for me to shitpost with
>>
File: DrTm 5.png (177KB, 1273x676px) Image search: [Google]
DrTm 5.png
177KB, 1273x676px
>>162958847

I'm very busy playing real roguelikes
>>
>>162958847
Because I'm playing Autism Simulator 2016 aka C:DDA
>>
>>162958847
Because of veganposting, sil is now FotM.
Sil stories are incredibly uninteresting, because most enemy abilities are just "hits", "hits with flavor", "shoots", "breathes", "inflicts status", because of how much it favors consistency over spontaneity and because it doesn't change much.

There is nothing to discuss, nothing to praise, nothing to complain about. It just is.

Compare: Crawl (FUCK THEY REMOVED X HOW COULD THEY, bad ideas, rng names, tumposting, felid wanted to pounce but forgot it was removed etc.), DDA (not a real roguelike!, drop that fucking rock, how do I do x?, they changed it and now it's shit, flask of horse semen), Demon (a fucking stag, wraiths, leaving corpses, how do I build x?) and Elona (pretty much everything except grind is interesting in some weird way).

In Sil, it's pretty much just
>how do I build x?
>look at me kill/be killed by tough unique
It isn't even worth shitposting about.
>>
>>162960350
>Not telling the story of the mad sprinting whirling charge flanker
>>
>>162960350
PCB is still flavor of the month though
>>
>>162960350
So.... Crawl/nethack/demon/pcb?
>>
>>162960724
Not him, but I haven't been on /rlg/ since 2014/2015 and PCB was being posted about pretty frequently then.
>>
I'm still fucking pissed at losing my DrTm in vaults:5 yesterday, and I just splatted another one after clearing lair and orc.

What are some fun crawl combos, that aren't super-strong like berserkers or conjurers?
>>
>>162961107
VpEn of Battlemage Hep. Disable shit with hexes then pelt it with a launcher and your bmage's spells. I forget what version they nerfed the cast rate in but play an earlier build for maximum bromance memes

HONe of kiku, bonk dudes and raise the dead. HO of the invoc gods in general gives you some really dynamic playthroughs.
HOEn of Beogh in a version that still has haste

Play a HOAr/Gl of Nemelex for card memes or a NaGl that trains evo for rods/disc of storms memes. Older builds with pakellas are fun shit too.

HEAM, DsMo, Hu/DgWn, Mu/DESu of sif, SpEn
>>
>>162961107

FeTm of Chei
>>
>>162961463
Haven't actually ever played a naga, definitely gonna play one now. Hope he doesn't turn out to be too promising and die to another one of my retarded mistakes.
>>
File: 1453507115406.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1453507115406.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>go down stairs
>see this ---> LF:9-9

what do
>>
>>162961732
prepare for >itbreathesyoudie if you don't have detectmonsters
>>
>>162961732
*unzips wand of tele other*
>>
File: 1400315698378.gif (13KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1400315698378.gif
13KB, 290x290px
>>162961672
They're pretty legit but it's got a bit of a learning curve.

>>162961732
DIVERT BLOOD FLOW TO DONG
EXPAND DONG
ENGAGE ENGAGE ENGAGE

YA'LL MUHFUGGAS LIVIN' ON THE WRONG FLOOR Y'HEAR!?
>>
File: 1469900453709.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469900453709.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
is it better to play a melee character or a spellcaster in ADOM?
>>
>>162963294
ranged
>>
>>162963631

cool beans, thank you anon
>>
>>162963661
>>162963294
Every class can do well with melee.

Just pick a class that sounds fun and run with it:
http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Classes

Healer and beastfighter are the easiest starts.
>>
>>162963294
very nice hamster
>>
File: dcss13.png (142KB, 1362x599px) Image search: [Google]
dcss13.png
142KB, 1362x599px
ooooooohhhh baby
>>
File: 1477755109746.webm (813KB, 1530x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477755109746.webm
813KB, 1530x1080px
How does this tum make you feel, /rlg/?
>>
>>162966645

>lajatang

It's shit.
>>
>>162966984
Veganly
>>
>>162963294
Melee early, spellcaster late, though in late game all characters look exactly the same and the difference is only in how many spells you can cast - which is why spellcasters are better.

If you wanna play a spellcaster, the tactic is to fucking take off that useless robe and sandals, set to Berserk and hope you can kill things in one hit before they kill you, reserving your MP and spell memory for stronger stuff. Also throw rocks at fucking everything until you will want to kill yourself and then some.
>>
>>162967460
>silver
>1.75x dmg vs orbs
literally all you need for a non-extended game
>>
>>162966984

I remember this one time when I was speedrunning my older sister, she kept on making little whimpers that I could only decipher as "Go..*words I can't understand* .go.... go ****....". I guess that even high energy people are capable of running out of fuel sometimes so I offered her a massage ticket that I was making tons of for Christmas. She happily accepted so I proceeded to gently massage her tummy for an hour to at least relieve her a little (she shivered tons btw, I was very glad she liked it). That only occurred in my dreams though.

>tfw no tired older sister to speedrun and offer massage tickets with
>>
File: mairon.png (32KB, 885x545px) Image search: [Google]
mairon.png
32KB, 885x545px
This is already becoming annoying.
>>
Cool i just realised if all i have to quench my first is food but i am full i can just blow a bunch of bionic power and activate my metabolic interchange.
>>
>>162976634
get a damn car you hippie

(and install a water barrel on it)
>>
File: DrTm 6.png (309KB, 1273x675px) Image search: [Google]
DrTm 6.png
309KB, 1273x675px
>>
>>162977081
>not hasting yourself right before pressing <
>>
>>162977081
Omedetou!
>>
File: turtlerun 4.png (481KB, 1273x675px) Image search: [Google]
turtlerun 4.png
481KB, 1273x675px
>>162977081

Even if the turncount is different, my playing time is almost always the same.
>>
>>162977396
>tumcount
please dont post memes
>>
>>162977257
Oh wow I can't believe I actually missed you nyaraku-anon
Your meme is so much better than the tum shitposts
>>
By your powers combined!
>>
File: revolt of the proletariat2.png (141KB, 790x381px) Image search: [Google]
revolt of the proletariat2.png
141KB, 790x381px
r-rlg-chan...?
>>
>>162983213
im too busy not playing roguelikes to post roguelikes
>>
File: pinch face.jpg (29KB, 453x354px) Image search: [Google]
pinch face.jpg
29KB, 453x354px
>>162969625

Now who is that faggot who reported the tumtums? Neck yourself
>>
This thread has really gone to shit, even the incessant Crawl posting we used to have was better than this.
>>
File: chenlogic.png (126KB, 466x414px) Image search: [Google]
chenlogic.png
126KB, 466x414px
>>162984375
People were talking about roguelikes just fine, then they went to sleep or took a break to play notroguelikes.

People will go back to talking about roguelikes once they wake up or get bored of notroguelikes.
>>
File: 1481976449.png (321B, 120x126px) Image search: [Google]
1481976449.png
321B, 120x126px
>@
>>
File: screenshot006.png (167KB, 1200x714px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot006.png
167KB, 1200x714px
DANG
>>
>>162986216
>no investment good weapon
We /dcss/ now?
>>
File: screenshot007.png (155KB, 1200x714px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot007.png
155KB, 1200x714px
>>162986216
...and I lost it to a dumb treasure room. Easy come easy go I guess.
>>
File: BALANCECRIME!.png (195KB, 1274x676px) Image search: [Google]
BALANCECRIME!.png
195KB, 1274x676px
just fuck my shit up
>>
File: 1470395992323.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1470395992323.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>>162986576
>>162987236
Nice.
>>
>>162987236
>Going into melee
Your fault
>>
Dark, can you upload your DCSS build?
I want play with these tiny fonts and improved UI too, but i'm too lazy to search how to make in options.
>>
>>162990549

What do you mean by this? Looks like the default offline font and UI to me.
>>
>>162991770
I don't know, but it looks more cosy than my current build with large fonts and slightly large UI.
>>
>>162986549
>>162986216
+6 weapon/armors, +7 charms, +7 ring, [8/8] staves can generate
>>
>>162993708
There's that million seed catalogue on the reddit Brogue forum where some dude examined every item in the first million seeds, and there was one +9 ring of wisdom.
>>
>>162992558
The main thing which affects the appearance is system settings and resolution. This is because tiles is garbageware.
>>
File: dev approved.png (338KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dev approved.png
338KB, 1366x768px
new dev approved playstyle for Ogres
>>
Just won my first 15 rune DCSS as a gargoyle fighter and have no desire to play that game anymore.

What other roguelikes would you guys recommend next?

Would like something where you don't need to read stuff on a wiki first to make sure you don't waste 5 hours on a character that dies to something you would have never known about without the wiki.
>>
>>162998013
slex
>>
>>162997605
So.... they're a bad hill orc?
>>
>>162998129
i NEED to have slex with amy
>>
>>162998182
:) This post gets a thumbs up from the Amy.
>>
>>162998013
Sil, infra arcana, brogue, forrays into norrendin, POWDER, dynahack, angband, shattered pixel dungeon, Elona+

Sil's manual and tutorial are amazing at teaching you the game mechanics by the way.
>>
>>162998129

what is that? google gives me nothing
>>
>>162998320
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?723346-(Let-s-Play!)-Slash-EM-Extended-a-NetHack-fork
>>
>>162998320
>https://nethackwiki.com/wiki/Slash'EM_Extended
Autism in a physical form that sticks up the thread with shitposting from a brain damaged retard and shitposters attention whoring.
>>
>>162998557
>>162998967

I see that there are many variants of Nethack and even further variants of those variants. I tried getting into Nethack like 4 or 5 years ago but couldn't but that was before I became familiar with roguelikes.

Out of the all the variants is there one that is regarded as the gold standard and the best to play or should I just try to beat vanilla Nethack?
>>
>>162998136

HO has -3 Spellcasting while an Ogre Mage has +1 so an Ogre Mage will have a larger spellset earlier than a HO. There's also that 50 Hp difference. A caster HO's ability to wear all armors is irrelevant since it's spellcasting anyway.

A better one would be a Deep Elf-that-decided- to-maximize-his-max-HP-in-exchange-for-a-couple-of-magic-aptitudes.
>>
>>162999516
NetHack 3.6 (pbuh) is the greatest of them all and the one true ruler of all roguelikind.
>>
>>162999589
They have more positive apts total, the relevant earlygame apts are high, they can use the better defenses for less. That's worth a lot more than the hp that gets evaporated anyway.
>>
>>162999597
Can you explain why?
>>
>>162999836
People have been trying and failing to beat this version for literal decades, trying to beat NetHack unspoiled is the original test of autism. In a time before MuMos and inferno horses, mankind only had one wish:to get dat amulet.
>>
>>162999978
Is 3.6 just the last version of vanilla nethack?
>>
>>162999978
>3.6
>decades
I don't think so
>>
>>162999597
>>162999978
Yes, I also like memes.
>>
>>162999737

I find early additional spell levels more important. My -1 spellcasting conjurers have this strange problem of always being thirsty for spell levels regardless of stage in the game while the added mana is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>162999516
Depends. The Amy will now try to give a non-biased answer, although it's difficult for her to do so (actually, she will give a totally biased answer :D):
- NetHack 3.4.3 is a moderately well-balanced game, although over the course of over a decade players have found numerous strategies that make it too easy. Very difficult to play unspoiled, too easy if you're fully spoiled, rather little variety, and the lategame is incredibly boring because you go through maze level after boring maze level.
- NetHack 3.6.0 fixes some of 3.4.3's most egregious exploits, fails to fix some others, and overnerfs a bunch. The result is that the early game is even harder than before while late game difficulty isn't changed much, and it still has boring mazes in Gehennom. According to Femmy it's the "gayest patch ever".
- DynaHack is the easiest version of all, even the Amy ascended it on her very first try, and there was a spectacular 14-conduct win on /rlg/ once. It has a few retarded features to try to make the game "harder" but also allows enchanted gear that is so powerful, you're unable to lose the game once you are kitted out. Late game is at least a bit more interesting than vanilla.
- Unnethack is similar to Dynahack but without the enchanted gear.
- NetHack 4 is basically Vanilla with a different interface. The Amy also ascended it on her very first try.
- Nethack Fourk is like NetHack 4, except with some annoying changes that are designed to screw you over, specifically the "wand destruction patch" that prevented the Amy from ascending it, and it's completely impossible to win the game if you do things that reduce your alignment record. Definitely not recommended for beginners.
- FIQHack is like Nethack Fourk, except *even worse*. Steer clear.
(continued in next post)
>>
>>163001678
- SLASH'EM is NetHack 3.4.3 with extra features. More dungeon branches, more playable character choices, monsters, items and everything. Thanks to a retarded change, early game characters are constantly one experience level lower than in vanilla, making it extra hard, and late game is way too easy because you find such huge loot bonanzas in all the guaranteed special levels. Late game is a bit more interesting than vanilla but not very.
- SLASHTHEM is basically SLASH'EM too. The type of ice block originally conceived it as a SLASH'EM Extended mod, but then systematically removed all trace of Amy's involvement, so the abbreviation now means "The Hardly Extended (But Much Removed) Mod".
- SLASH'EM Extended is the variant with the most of everything. Huge amount of possible character classes and races, thousands of monster species and items and everything. Good in-game help too, like a "pokedex" to see the monsters' stats, and item descriptions in inventory. Early game is actually easier than vanilla while late game can be really hard. Huge variety of Gehennom levels to ensure you won't get bored. Sure, it's also very random, and occasionally the player will be screwed over, but even then there's never a lack of variety because the game has so many different ways in which it can screw you over! Highly recommended.
>>
>>163000385
Thanks.
>>
Tbqh I was kind of surprised how easy the hell lords and pandemonium lords were the first time I killed them. With 27 skill in both fighting and in axes, a few buff potions, Zins stamina and with a +9 holy broad axe it took me less than 10 turns to kill almost all of them just by hitting them and Lom Lobon was the only one I had to run away from and heal.

That may have to do with Gargoyles being easy-mode though. The 20% less HP matters little at level 27 because with 27 in fighting you still have 199 HP and the increase in AC and GDR is so big you can wear light/medium armor and focus on dodging and blocking and end up with 60+ AC with 30+ EV and 35+ SH. Plus the intrinsic R-elec and R-neg. The only AC-bypassing attacks that are a real threat are hellfire and torment but gargoyles already only take 50% torment damage which is further reduced by each level of R-neg. With full R-neg and R-fire and 2 R-cold and with full Zin piety blocking all mutation Hell and Pan were cakewalks.
>>
>>163002678
Might's damage boost + up to 150% more damage from the brand plus maxed out skill bonuses plus randart and divine str bonuses does that
>>
>>163001678
>>163001787
Thanks for the detailed answer. All of them seem to have major flaws so I may end up just not playing Nethack. I was never a fan of the UI and commands anyway, it all seemed really clunky.
>>
>>163003103
Yeah, I guess I was doing everything I could. It wouldn't make much sense to make them so difficult that only someone willing to spend 5 hours grinding for the best gear and potions and 27 in all relevant stats would be able to beat them.

Dwarf Fortress adventure-mode combat now isn't perfect and still has some flaws but it has come a long way and still offers way more depth compared to the melee combat of most roguelikes. The next big update after the current one will be the magic update which will make it more like other roguelike games. The development is slow as fuck but I think in a few years DF adventure mode will have the best combat out of any roguelike.
>>
>>163003776
We'll never get multi-pickup, multidrop and other basic QoL shit.
>>
>>163003776
>injuring [some body part] with [random object] is combat depth
>>
Monks are so silly.
>>
>>163004356
>poscumbutt
>no "you fart" message
>>
>>162947067
Wand of teleother. He resisted like 10 times, the fucker.
>>163004434
This isn't slex.
>>
>>162802102
Ait I really like Caves of Qud but a character I spent 5 hours on just died so I wanna try another roguelike. What is a good roguelike with quests and an overworld?
>>
File: Rlg_logo.png (6KB, 561x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rlg_logo.png
6KB, 561x600px
Hey /rlg/
Today we had our match in the knockout stages of /vg/ League 7.
We lost 8-3 against /fn@fg/
I have been thinking about my involvement with these tournaments and how it relates to my life, and I came to a realization I simply no longer have the time.
Therefore, I am resigning from managing, but looking for a new manager for the next /vg/ League, /vg/ League 8. This tournament will be happening in June or so next year.
If you have any interest to run the /rlg/ soccer/football team please message me on skype (lark4cc)
I can answer all questions you have about this, including tactical questions.
Thank you all so much for supporting me and the team, we had a decent run this cup.
>>
File: [Doubt].png (96KB, 216x355px) Image search: [Google]
[Doubt].png
96KB, 216x355px
>>163001678
>DynaHack is the easiest version of all

False.
>>
File: Finally.png (54KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
Finally.png
54KB, 420x294px
>>163004728
>>
>>163004728
>no more of this garbage
Oh thank god.
>>
>>162805614
It can happen, but you have to roleplay and play in character.
I did this with last character, and it was a very fun two year playthrough.
Remember to play with hordes, static and dynamic npcs. It gives a lot of life to the game
>>
>>163004723
Or at least something as polished as Caves of Qud?
>>
>>163004728

do what now?
>>
>>163005380
Come on I know you're not out and about on a Saturday.
>>
>>163004723
ToME-SX
>>
>>163004085
It could happen someday but it doesn't make much sense to add it now because there is very little of the gear that you find in other roguelikes, once you have a good weapon and a good set of armor there isn't anything else worth picking up other than food and water.

>>163004128
It has gotten way more intricate over the years. Now there is stamina that can be worn out similar to dark souls, you can change the speed you are moving and can sprint at people and try to knock them over, there are different ways to swing your weapon like fast, heavy, precise, each time someone attacks you can decide whether you want to block, parry or dodge away.

They are not done yet and want to add way more but even right now it has the most intricate melee combat out of any roguelike and it's a pretty good system.
>>
>>163004764
>You see here the fooproof +6 small shield of power and dexterity
>>
>>163004723
>>163005380
First off, not a roguelike. Play this a bit friend. https://archive.org/details/msdos_Rogue_1983

Second, Elona+, ADOM, Poschengband

Good games in general are Sil, Infra arcana, brogue, dynahack, crawl
>>
>>163004728
rip
>>
>>162938628
>>162938782
>It automatically maps nearby area with radius of 7.
Is this a power added in R that can go on randarts? I've never seen this in the base game.
>>
>>163006816
In what way are CoQ not a RL? The semi-persistency or the persistent quest?
>>
>>162961732
quaff enlightenment if you have it
>>
>>163007278
He's memeing. CoQ is a roguelike as long as you have permadeath enabled.
>>
>>163006816
Just how accurate is this rendition of rogue? I doubt this is the original since it's in color and uses the smiley character instead of an at symbol.
>>
>>163007624
Like nethack 3.6 to 3.4.3
>>
>>163007704
I don't understand the comparison.
>>
>>163007767
It's close enough.
>>
>popped a zit/cyst on the back of my neck
>ate what came out
I'm lost. I never would have done that before playing roguelikes.
>>
>>163008563
kys
>>
>>163008563
[recycling intensifies]
>>
Does Makhleb's health regen for kills scale with Invo at all?
>>
>>163009012
No.
>>
>>163008563
You really need veganism to save your soul
>>
File: not even an int class.png (102KB, 1151x706px) Image search: [Google]
not even an int class.png
102KB, 1151x706px
At least it can't get any worse
>>
>>163012050
>Str gets nexus'd into int, wiz into con, charisma into dex
>>
>>163012050
chaos or toxic waste could make it worse, but yeah that's pretty bad
>>
>>163006609
Yes, if you grind guards for hundreds of thousands of turns you will eventually find the perfect item.
Trouble is that farming guards is a terribly difficult activity and unless you're a convict also a very boring one since you have to answer every time a new one spawns.
Also they can spawn with wands of death so you can't fight them before you find reflection.
Etc.

Compare this to 3.4.3 where you can just farm puddings and get dragon armor immediately at the start of the game without any hassle.
>>
>>163007131
Yep.
>>
I'm gonna play a rune sword human blademaster and call her Meti
>>
>>163013351
no
>>
>>163013776
that's true I won't
blademasters fucking suck
any class that doesn't have nature sucks because of shit detection and no healing or illumination

Yeekmonks^nature are the only fun class
too bad they have really shit hp
>>
>>163013995
>not using The Eternal Blade with swordmaster wild weapon mode
>>
>>163013995
You're so stupid and bad at video games it makes me want to cry.
>>
>>163014173
I remember wizmoding the eternal blade once.
What does it do?

Also would a polearm master actually be able to use a death scythe properly?
>>
>>163013995
C O N S U M A B L E S
O
N
S
U
M
A R E N A A N G E L
B
L
E
S
>>
>>163014263
*dispels ur invulnerability*
*summons cyberdemons around u*
pshhh
nuttin' personnel kid
>>
>>163014418
>invulnerability
Retard.
>cyberdemons
?Geno or ?Teleport
>>
>>163014404
Consumables arena angel bless?
>>
File: E BLADE.png (17KB, 925x292px) Image search: [Google]
E BLADE.png
17KB, 925x292px
>>163014306
not pictured: the hard-coded 2x time brand back
>>
>>163014529
>he doesn't know about wild blade
Blademaster? More like Shitmaster LMAO ur bad
>>
>>163014706
Wild Blade invulnerability doesn't cause the player to lose turns when dispelled. Of course you wouldn't know that since you don't actually play the game outside of wizmode.
>>
>>163014671
>diamond edge
Aren't those diggers?
>>
File: slexynurse.png (18KB, 666x429px) Image search: [Google]
slexynurse.png
18KB, 666x429px
HelLOOOOOOOOOO nurse!
>>
>>163014850
>>162833330
>>
>>163014889
Oh, look. The obnoxious dike.
>>
File: Songs from the General.jpg (881KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
Songs from the General.jpg
881KB, 1000x995px
There is some serious bullying going on in this thread
I will have to ask you to stop it at once, play a roguelike and take it easy
>>
>>163015004
>>162839262
>>
File: Possum tells it like it is.png (70KB, 328x144px) Image search: [Google]
Possum tells it like it is.png
70KB, 328x144px
>>163014850
>>163014706
>>163014529
>>163014263
>>163015148
>>
>>163007131
Yeah. It replaces pseudo-id since you get it at 25 anyway.
You can find it on jewelry or hats - it is rather rare, though.
Stone of Nature is guaranteed to have it.

I was thinking of adding "trap-avoid" too as very rare property on boots or whatever as well. At the moment there is an artifact that has such hard-coded behavior, but they kinda suck in a way - really good on berserkers though.
>>
>>163014852
no, it's just that all weapons with sharpness are diggers, and diamond edges are intrinsically sharp from the base item type
>>
>>163014852
or rather, sharpness gives a digging bonus so items show up with that power, they certainly aren't a "digger" type as in "works for diggermaster". It's a sword with a diamond edge.
>>
File: trashystrolling.jpg (55KB, 534x540px) Image search: [Google]
trashystrolling.jpg
55KB, 534x540px
>>163015148
>>
>>162802102
Unreal World vid by Wendal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIjGtwCXO2E
>>
Holy shit. Today I decided to cheat, put a key of seals on my OWH dimensional vault, and then used a seed where a holy shrine shows up on km 10. Blew the demon lord right the fuck out. Then I put the sword on the dimensional vault so I can win easily whenever needed
>>
>>163016745
literally who?
>>
>>163016745
>unreal world uniquely lacks currency
>I only aspire to exist instead of be exceptional
>only finnish tree huggers can make a survival game
This guy may in fact be an idiot. Whole lot of soft tone and flowery language for a synopsis otherwise devoid of any philosophical or introspective analysis it purports.
>>
>>163017369
But seriously, I've only managed to open a shrine exactly ONCE before. The armor I got was amazing, but holy crap holy weapons are downright disgustingly OP
>>
>>162917884
>porting Doom wads
I'm not sure if I feel this is fucking retarded or actually quite interesting
>>162927640
You do have to dodge
>>163017404
I have no idea but hey, roguelikes
>>
>>163004728
hi this is kate, I'll manage the team ^.^
get on the /rlg/ discord so we can chat!
>>
>>163014889
>dollars
fuck off
>>
>>163018159
>You do have to dodge
is this true
I played the first level or two including that arena place and all the weapons looked like they were all hitscan
>>
>>163018159
>no idea. hey, roguelikes
Be right back as I dump all the 2 viewer armchair philosophers that mention a roguelike and somehow manage to not sound pretentious.

Don't shill your bullshit.
>>
>>163018402
They are, but moving perpendicularly to enemies increases your chances to dodge their attacks
>>163018521
I'll be real with you, I didn't even watch the video
Just gave me an excuse to come back to the threads after a long while
>>
>>163018828
>excuse to come back
>not posting stories that never happened like everyone else

Go into wizmode, spawn some silly shit, drop it on the ground and say

>rlg will defend this
>>
File: 1477155119295.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477155119295.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
good afternoon /rlg/ how are you guys today
>>
>>163019649
-4 wis is suffering
>>
>>163019649
those 10 beers yesterday seem to have 180'd my sleep schedule
>>
File: thundercat.png (8KB, 407x191px) Image search: [Google]
thundercat.png
8KB, 407x191px
Wanderer + faded altar are pretty fun if sometimes unplayable. Anyway, how do you win a thundercat? I died twice already but only to own faults.
>>
>>163020464
Same as a stabber felid only instead of stealth you get invocs and explode them with invocations?
>>
>>163019649

quick question

If I've played Sil, Brogue, DCSS and Infra Arcana, what else should I play?
>>
>>163021024
i've played brogue and DCSS, i would recommend angband or poschengband
>>
>>163021024
Forrays into norrendin, POWDER, shattered pixel dungeon, Dynahack, Angband/Poschengband
>>
>>163014306
I don't think they are any less likely to kill themselves than other classes.

Throwing it with the samurai ability might work, though I'm not sure if it actually uses the death scythe damage numbers.
>>
>>163021024
liberal crime squad
>>
>>163021024
you've played all the good ones, time to find another genre or settle for meme games
>>
File: Untitled.png (278KB, 1526x838px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
278KB, 1526x838px
>>163022773
Is this enough of a meme?
>>
>>163022975
make sure to pick hexer for dank cat stabs
>>
>>163023135
Nah, I picked Knight for maximum -50% hp felid memes
>>
File: rip COMR.png (16KB, 666x429px) Image search: [Google]
rip COMR.png
16KB, 666x429px
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU my cloak of magic resistance! :(
>>
>>163023952
Wait does MR not protect you from poly in slashem or something? Percentage based?
>>
>>163024230
Ate a doppelganger corpse before, and hit that 1 in 20 chance to get intrinsic polymorphitis on it. MR does not protect against that.
>>
>>163024425
>Ate a doppelganger corpse before
But why
>>
>>163024506
Because I was "feeling lucky", hoping for a good polymorph. Didn't happen, and instead this char is ruined now.
>>
>>163023952
item destruction is the best mechanic in roguelikes amirite guise
>>
>>163024506
playing slashme.me in the first place suggests a tendency for poor choices
>>
>Roll a FeMo
>By Lair:2, a rod, +5 evasion ring, guardian spirit, want of tele, wand of disint artifact shield, falchion, plate, 3 ring mails, and boots, +1 cloak of rPois, Falchion of flaming
>Urug drops a branded broad axe
the rng is real
>>
Don't quite know what to do. I've cleared most of the lair (lair 6 is full of elephants, catoblepases and dire yaks so I'll come back to clear it when I can take them on), Orc feels like it should be next.
I've died too many times in Spider and Swamp and so I'm feeling clever enough to avoid them until I can take them on
http://pastebin.com/zWGMXDGn
>>
So I was like fuck you and then I rolled meti again
>>
>>163025427
do orc, most things have bad mr and you can confuse/tukimas them to death
>>
File: nightmaregauntlet.png (21KB, 666x429px) Image search: [Google]
nightmaregauntlet.png
21KB, 666x429px
Yeah. Thanks, but I'm noping out of this level.
>>
>>163019649
my computer broke when I tried a meme combo
>>
File: morg.png (21KB, 885x545px) Image search: [Google]
morg.png
21KB, 885x545px
Time to fuck this up.
>>
>>162999589
more like a non-slow naga
>>
>>163001678
who is femmy
>>
>>163027584
Her girlfriend.
>>
>>163027736
Revolting.

Girls should not love girls. This is impure and degenerate.
It is unnatural not to love penis.
>>
>>163027930
Anon, I love dick as much as the next guy, but if you truly love something, you have to let it go.
>>
>>163026570
anon no
do the prep stuff first
mess up the level with destruction so there are not continguous open spaces for summoning, and so phase door is more likely to break LOS, then quaff speed because if he hits you for mind blasting and you fail your save you will be slower than he is
>>
>>163014567
berserker in the telmora arena drops -detecttraps
angel in the drops -detectmons
vampire lord drops -detection
>>
File: morgothded.png (35KB, 885x545px) Image search: [Google]
morgothded.png
35KB, 885x545px
>>163026570
>>163028180
It's ogre.
>>
>>163028236
fuck you I ain't carrying that shit and wasting precious inventory space
>>
>>163028398
congrats!
>>
>>163028398
I GUESS
>>
>>163027930
More often than not it's just a phase. Who cares. Focus on bigger problems

>>163028398
Congrats!
>>
>>163028398
on this day a new dark lord takes up the crown and sceptre
>>
>>163021756
the samurai throw is based on your damage dice but afaik doesn't consider brands

also if you're throwing anything other than mjollnir or aegisfang there's a minimum 1% chance for it to fail to return and end up under the baddie's feet, which is real bad if you then need to destruct or telelevel
>>
>>163028570
>Focus on bigger problems
Good goy, let your women hate penis. That will surely not lead to even more destruction of masculinity!
>>
>>163028398
>tfw you aren't playing ADOM so you can just farm dungeon floors until you're 130
>>
>>163028862
take this retarded redpill bullshit back to >>>/reddit/ and suck off roosh v again
>>
>>163028862
kys
>>
>>162903787
>We have entered the age of recursive mods, where infinite mods of mods of mods of clone of Moria mod themselves.
Heh.
>>
>sapient AI becomes a reality
>the second thing it does is start removing things from crawl
Good/bad?
>>
>>163030056
What's the first, kill all humans?
>>
>>163030193
kill all humans other than finns, whom it mistakes for fellow AI
>>
>>163030193
the first thing is make a copy of itself for backup purposes who would then go on to make even more copies of copies of copies of copies until eventually one of the copies becomes corrupt in the process and then the corrupted copy competes with the originals for dominance in glorious electronic evolution
>>
>>163030056
depends on what it removes tbqh
if it removes food i will worship it as my god-king
>>
>>163030330
>unrecognized string: "SPURDO SPARDE PERKELE PAKSUSUOLI DE DE DE"
It would probably try to repair finns and turn them into terminators in the process.
>>
>>163030496
If it removed food, we'd not be allowed to talk about DCSS here. Or is that your plan all along?
>>
File: alex jones roguelike.jpg (67KB, 572x515px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones roguelike.jpg
67KB, 572x515px
>>163030056

Bad. Not because Crawl, but I don't want a weepy bitch of a computer trying to talk to me about it's feelings while I'm trying to order new water filters and colloidal silver.
>>
>>163031467
>computer
>feelings
computers don't feel anything. nothing can hurt them. they are machines.
>>
>>163031467
>teach AI conspiracy theories
>it buys a truckful of colloidal copper and puts filters on its fans
>>
>>163031761
>The thread breathes
>What a noble sacrifice!
>>
>>163031761
Shitposting is a bannable offense.
>>
>>163031656
AI is basically "what if a magic happened and then computor becames just like human mind"
>>
>tfw get first 3 DCSS wins incredibly quick but keep fucking up easy combos
Have my skills deteriorated that much playing a deep dwarf?
>>
>>163030056

Sounds like the devil's team along with their AI tier responses
>>
>>163031656
>computers don't feel anything
At the moment.

They will feel feelings (not feels, that's much harder) before they start to actually think. Because genuine feelings are much easier to implement than actual logical, reflective thought and self awareness.
>>
>>163031949
Playing OP combos fucks up your danger sense
>>
>>163032059

Delusional thoughts about artificial intelligence are not roguelikes.
>>
File: fetus 1.png (400KB, 1504x822px) Image search: [Google]
fetus 1.png
400KB, 1504x822px
>>163031693

>AI goes crazy as you explore the horrible frozen laboratories and FEMA death camps in Cataclysm
>>
speaking of notroguelikes
I'm playing Zy-el which is a slex-tier mod of Diablo 2 that stopped being updated in 2009
How are you spending your saturday night live, /rlg/
>>
>>163032292
What about factual ones? Are those roguelikes?
>>
>>163031656
What we process as feelings are just a series of chemical reactions to sensory stimuli.

What a computer would process as feelings would just be electrical reactions to sensory stimuli.

Swap chemical and electrical when the situation requires.
>>
>>163032532
Splatting in sil
>>
File: dcss14.png (144KB, 1365x593px) Image search: [Google]
dcss14.png
144KB, 1365x593px
why the fuck do I always get claws and demonic guardian with demonspawn
>>
>>163033146
>>What we process as feelings are just a series of chemical reactions to sensory stimuli.
no. what we call feelings are a subjective experiences, not "chemicals bro"
>>
>>163033801
What you call feelings may be what you think feelings are, but they can all be traced back to chemical reactions and impulse management.

A computer would 'feel' fear in the sense that several of its safety protocols are trending toward an inevitability that would lead to a fault or unmanageable case.

We can strip the personification from our own reaction to impending doom, as a computer would with our illustration of what fear 'is'.

What feelings do you think are unique to humanity and transcend our physiology?
>>
>>163032532
playing angband for the first time because my only friends are playing overwatch and I don't give enough fucks to buy waifu fortress 2
>>
>>163034118
Please god not this again
I can't stand soapboxing amateur transhumanist who have no goddamn clue about what they're talking about
not today
>>
>>163034292
Then don't respond, pussy. The signaling is getting tedious.
>>
Apparently there's an unofficial version of the dropped mod that was updated in 2015 as a github repository with absolutely no fucking clues about how and where to use it with D2SE
and I made it work on linux

I'm pretty proud of myself
>>
>>163034118
>A computer would 'feel' fear in the sense that several of its safety protocols are trending toward an inevitability that would lead to a fault or unmanageable case.
Neural networks bro
Muh deep learning

If big enough and taught to act human-like, those would literally (literally) (male) be much more similar to the way an animals (including humans) think than the way algorithms process data.

Check out https://deepart.io/
The "AI"-created "paintings" already have much more artistic value than 90% of non-cherrypicked human art. Granted, the source images are picked (and created) by humans, but that's still a great job and only a literal autist would argue it can't be art.

Robowaifus will be a thing long before actual "robotic humans", because of how much easier is it to create genuine feelings than thought.
>>
>>163035256
We're arguing two different things, but basically agree that feelings can be modeled.
>>
Do you guys think that ogres could be decent transmuters now that their magic aptitudes aren't complete shit?
>>
>>163035256
They wont because at some point they're going to be misused for murder, surveillance and other stupid shit that's not roguelikes resulting in a purge and a ban.

So you tripple niggle loving kike, what roguelikes have you won and what are you playing now?
>>
>>163036183
seems good
>you get to keep your robust bonus
>but changing sizes removes the EV penalty from big
>you aren't wearing armor anyways
>>
>>163036219
>So you tripple niggle loving kike, what roguelikes have you won and what are you playing now?
Crawl (old crawl, before AI stripped it of features)
ToME (before vaginas were removed for triggering homosexuals and AIs, and arousing heterosexuals)
Demon (it could use a good AI)
Brogue (no AIs, but at least it's vegan)

Now playing Sil
Holy fuck it is so not fun
I want to win it to scratch it off and be able to say I won all the meme trinity of overrated roguelikes, but it is a chore.

>They wont because at some point they're going to be misused for murder, surveillance and other stupid shit that's not roguelikes resulting in a purge and a ban.
They wouldn't need actual bodies. A feeling, caring virtual companion would be a great therapeutic aid at the very least.
>>
>>163036219
>what have you won
3rune babbies in crawl
normal difficulty babbies in tome
brogue
doomrl

uh i once accidentally left the dungeon without the amulet in nethack instead of winning
>playing now
poschengband 4lyfe
>>
>>163037003
Nice. Once you do, try to win:

Heavy weapon build
Light weapon build
Stealth Stabber
Sprint+charge+knockback+ZoC+opportunist+cruel blow+whirlwind flanker
Controlled retreat+polearm mastery focused attack knockback heavy armor Blocker singing staying

Archer
Majestic Elbereth bane archer
Lorien(sleep?) archer

Channeling Pacifist thief
Varying Smithing builds
Lorien(sleep?) stabber
Mastery singer
>>
File: 1482011573113.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482011573113.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>163035256
>Robowaifus will be a thing long before actual "robotic humans", because of how much easier is it to create genuine feelings than thought.

are you suggesting that real women are capable of feeling genuine emotions?

>>163037003
>Now playing Sil
>Holy fuck it is so not fun

take off the training wheels and play an edain
>>
>>163038360
>are you suggesting that real women are capable of feeling genuine emotions?
If they did, robowaifus would not be needed.
>>
>when you get your first source of telepathy on Dragon's Lair:72

thanks Scatha
>>
>>163038624
>the drolem breathes
>>
>>163038948
>implying i haven't already been spamming -detectmons and -detection for 50 dungeon levels

>implying i stop spamming -detectmons and -detection after i get telepathy

the ~tele is mostly just a convenience feature tbqh

especially as a xorn. i can walk through walls but can't see through them so if i want to pop out in melee range of a unique i need to spam -detectmons to see where he's headin
>>
File: dcss15.png (5KB, 410x36px) Image search: [Google]
dcss15.png
5KB, 410x36px
just found this on my ogre gladiator, I know it's considered a good item but is it that amazing?
>>
>>163039927
it helps if and only if you are actually casting spells

you're better off wearing troll leather at the moment probably
>>
>>163038126
>no edain vegan pacifists
fucking retarded list, kys yourself
>>
File: rip that guy.png (95KB, 1048x956px) Image search: [Google]
rip that guy.png
95KB, 1048x956px
a real xorn don't need no rNether to bully a nether dragon
>>
>>163040537
Edain's only good to meme with
>>
>>163040764
What does your melee damage look like with four weapons?
>>
>>163036219
DCSS
mumo
Sil
Demon
DDA
DF Adventure mode

Cookie Clicker
>>
>>163039927
It adds a lot of spell power as long as you have the defenses that it's not a major burden. It also helps by getting you 1 of your 3 enhancers of the enhancer cap.
>>
File: weapons.png (53KB, 513x774px) Image search: [Google]
weapons.png
53KB, 513x774px
>>163041042
currently it's okay, but not exactly great for level 42

i only have 26 dex so with heavier weapons i only get 3.5ish blows.

The quarterstaff is really nice actually -- it dropped from Nami the mate a billion years ago and it inflicts stun.

it hits ~450 damage per round if i wear utgard-loke's gloves but i figured enough shit resists base at this point that i'd be better off wearing something for resists
>>
>>163036219
Won DCSS 3 times, trying to win dcss without easy tabtabtab combos(won CeFi,HOFi,DDFi) but having crap defence is complete aids.
>>
>>163041204
>DF Adventure mode

I'm morbidly curious. How do you "win" DF's adventure mode?
>>
>>163031009
>a game needs to have food to be a roguelike
what
>>
>>163041436
Clear a divine vault
>>
>>163018256
Is there even a discord or is this bait?
>>
>>163042546
It's an anonymous imageboard. Of course there's no discord. Now fuck off you cancerous kid.
>>
>>163037690
>uh i once accidentally left the dungeon without the amulet in nethack instead of winning
holy shit that must have been terrible
>>
>Try to push fixes to PCBR.
>Internet chugs and fails
Oh well.

>>163041412
Yeah. Plus Hagen isn't good that late on.
>>
>>163042668
I go on other generals where they have discords... however those generals are filled with avatarfags so I guess your point still stands
>>
>>163042443

Sure. Next you'll want to remove permadeath
>>
>>163042746
yeah 28 speed isn't that much better than 25 really, and I don't need it for rDk any more because werewindle gives me that.

Maybe i'll swap it out for something else
>>
File: whatishedoinghere.png (15KB, 641x349px) Image search: [Google]
whatishedoinghere.png
15KB, 641x349px
>>
>>163042785
Can't wait for discord fad to die.

>me and two other people like this super niche thing
>I made a discord, guys
>no one ever joins
>eventually filled with furry faggots and pedophiles
>>
>>163035256
>Granted, the source images are picked (and created) by humans
Nigger that's literally all that matter. Filters are not art.
>>
>>163042987
I dont like it either actually, but its not super niche anymore, and I don't think its going away any time soon.
>>
>>163043138
>painters aren't artists if they only paint the mundane
>>
>>163042987
discords kill threads
>>
>>163042987
>>163043145
discord is the same cancer as IRC

>latches onto forum or board like a parasite
>eventually develops its own group of "regulars"
>clique develops its own in-jokes and celebrities
>forum/board now run by circlejerkers

it's especially bad here since this site runs on anonymity
>>
>>163043258
Niggers you don't understand, everything in those pictures have been created by human. Deepart is literally just an automated way to generate a filter off an image. An image that was made by a human.
>>
Are there any DCSS ogre experts here? I've been playing them recently, but they literally seem like worse trolls. The better magic aptitudes seem pretty decent, but you'll probably die before you start to develop that auxiliary offense because of your tissue-paper defense.
>>
>>163043398
New blood gonna new blood. They don't know what they got 'till it's gone
>>
new thred now
>>
>>163043779
What would be useful is a temporary anonymous chat protocol.

Much like IRC, but you get a random nick upon login. All it tracks is your IP on the server. So you're not legally anonymous, but are not recognizable by other users.
>>
>>163043521
muh chemical/electrical reactions bro
>>
>>163043521
The difference between human creating his own filter from his experiences and machine doing it from a selected picture is much smaller than you present it as.

Mona Lisa is literally just a painting of a woman through the perception of a man. Perception literally created by a neural network (though a biological one, not an electronic one).

Unless art is just selection of the situations to paint. In which case commissions aren't art.
>>
>>163044215
Art isn't a sign of intelligence.
>>
>>163044416
We're talking about feelings here.
Art is feelings, not intelligence.

Robowaifus to replace women first. Robobros capable of replacing humans later.
>>
>>163044048
It's still stupid cause just post motherfucker
>>
>>163044676
>art is feelings
That's pretty naive of you. If someone taught you that, get your money back.
>>
>>163044416
So why push deepart.io as some kind of amazing example of AI? If original art doesn't require intelligence, then a procedural combination of two images it literally nothing

>>163044676
The algorithm that creates deepart images does not feel anything about its source material nor the combination it creates. Why even post it unless you're just a fucking shill?
>>
>>163044853
Not this """real""" """art""" degenerate nazi bullshit again
>>
>>163044983
>nazi bullshit again
Art isn't feelings. If you know the difference between a paid artist and a new york socialite, you'll understand why that is. Just because everything you think you know is retarded doesn't make the person calling you misinformed a nazi.
>>
File: dr kleiner in a vortex.gif (179KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
dr kleiner in a vortex.gif
179KB, 180x180px
>>163044968
>shilling accusations
I wanted to actually reply seriously before that, but now you only deserve a so fahny image.
>>
>>163045208
see >>163034565
>>
File: south aryan.jpg (25KB, 320x344px) Image search: [Google]
south aryan.jpg
25KB, 320x344px
>>163045320
Nigga no, I would explain it, but you clearly proved you don't deserve to be argued with. Just memed at.
>>
Bye, rlg.

We need a new thread at the same time as a shitposting circlejerk. All downhill from here.
>>
>>163045460
>>163034565
>>
>>163045529
>circlejerk
You're literally retarded
>>
>>163045634
>look at us, we love shit posting and claiming moral high ground
>oh god, we all hate eachother soooo much
I'm not going to play your game.
>>
>>163045790
but i like you guys
>>
>>163045790
You're playing the exact game you're describing.
And you're the only one playing it.
>>
It's been a long time since I played PCB, did 555/heaven farming get fixed? i never got around to playing a deathsword and just eating all the scythes that spawned there
>>
>>163045827

You like us? Prove it! Can we pinch your tummy?
>>
>>163045905
>""""fixed""""
>>
New Thread Where?

>Want to post about roguelikes, thread on page 10, past bump limit
>>
File: i see.jpg (39KB, 195x360px) Image search: [Google]
i see.jpg
39KB, 195x360px
>>163045938
>tumposting
>>
>>163045905
Yes, play older versions or the variant that put it back in.
>>
>>163045905
Yeah. You could try to get earlier versions or just unfix it ( get source and remove lv60-cap ).
>>
>>163044676
your ai robowaifu loves you in the same way that your fucking fleshlight is turned on by you

aka, it isn't
>>
>>163045905
it got fixed in a pretty kludgy way: there's just a hard cap on the quality of wilderness loot. any area above level 60 will give equivalent item drops as a level 60 area

some anon earlier was still abusing the wilderness in the earlygame by kiting orc packs into the level 50 mountains around Dragon's Lair for better drops
>>
>>163046992
Neither of them exists, moron
>>
>>163046992
women aren't capable of genuine love either, friendo

>>163047178
>some anon earlier was still abusing the wilderness in the earlygame by kiting orc packs into the level 50 mountains around Dragon's Lair for better drops

and that anon is a hero
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
>>
>>163042971
just chilling
>>
>>163047287
>women aren't capable of genuine love either, friendo
so you make love with men as a man? fucking faggot
>>
>>163047478
>genuine love is bad because it is teh ghey
Those grapes sure are sour!
>>
>>162819251
ima need the full image fampai
>>
File: rlgrobin.png (111KB, 1190x501px) Image search: [Google]
rlgrobin.png
111KB, 1190x501px
Who has played on rlgrobin ? I expected it to be 1000 MiBe splats but there's some really excellent wins on there.
>>
>>163048930
A bunch of good players did until trolls starting saccing in-progress runs out of spite
>>
File: 1477671220481.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1477671220481.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>163048930
>HOMo

intentional?
>>
>>163049075
Damn, what a waste.
>>
>>163048930
>>163049075

Wikitavernshitters in charge of ruining everything as always
>>
new
>>163049670
Thread posts: 808
Thread images: 170

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.