[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 783
Thread images: 121

Oceiros and Ocelotte edition
Gone hollow:>>161871720

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm
>>
cock
>>
File: 1464543474284.png (113KB, 238x217px) Image search: [Google]
1464543474284.png
113KB, 238x217px
>Warcry overwrite weapon buff
Who did this
>>
File: 1477432260102.jpg (429KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1477432260102.jpg
429KB, 2560x1440px
4th for rape
>>
File: I will never give him up.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I will never give him up.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
ME BELOVED OCELOTTE IS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE LEFT AND I LOVE HIM
>>
You're using a Greathammer? Greataxe? UGS?

You have a modicum of faith?

Name one reason you're not using a rose of ariandel offhand
>>
Fix glitches.
>>
>>161926868
>You're using a Greathammer? Greataxe? UGS?
Yes

>You have a modicum of faith?
No

>Name one reason you're not using a rose of ariandel offhand
Because spell is gay
>>
>>161926868
>You have a modicum of faith?
No.

t. hidetaka "patches" miyazaki
>>
File: 13141613465.png (635KB, 1402x790px) Image search: [Google]
13141613465.png
635KB, 1402x790px
KF>dark souls

better lore, better art style, better magic, more creativity overall

modern KF WHEN
>>
>>161927192
Next 10 years. Just survive that long.
>>
>>161927192
Is that the bridge overlooking firelink?
>>
>>161927192
You forgot horrendous gameplay, so no it's not better at all. It fails to do what it set out to do - be a video game.
>>
File: lothricyoungerprince4_tc.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lothricyoungerprince4_tc.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
how do i get lothric to be my waifu when she's married to her brother-husband?
>>
>>161927560
>better gameplay than any comparable game at the time
>elder scrolls copied the gameplay because theirs was shite and they STILL HAVEN'T IMPROVED IT BEYOND 1995 STANDARDS
>>
>>161927658
>she
lol
>>
>>161927660
>better gameplay than any comparable game at the time
Who gives a fuck what it was like playing it back then. It's aged horribly.
>>
File: 1460903404155.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1460903404155.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>161927560
>He thinks souls gameplay isn't KF tier for 2016
>>
>>161927192
>kings feld

literally a meme game, taylor made for plebs
>>
save us claire
>>
File: 1466367843990.png (2MB, 1000x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1466367843990.png
2MB, 1000x1520px
Is he, dare I say, our guy ?
>>
How good is the shield WA glitch with stomp? Is it worth it?

I've been testing it with glaives all day and I just don't see the point. With the WK Halberd you do way more damage with a simple R1 R1 combo while 2H, even if you do a full combo (which uses up all of your FP and stamina, btw) you're only doing the same or potentially less than a R1 R1 attack, what's the point? It looks cool but it's functionally worthless and costs way too much FP.

Then with the BK Glaive I've been testing all day today, again in invasions. This is actually a lot more useful to be fair, but I don't see it being worth having to 1H the BKG. You do more damage and honestly you're better off just doing the same old R1 L2 R1 or even R1 L2 R2 combos, they just do way more damage and are easier to pull off consistently, and you get the much better 2H moveset. I much prefer using an offhand crossbow that I can switch to from 2H and then go back to 2H after I hit someone, it's just way more practical and effective.

I just don't think it's worth bothering with on the spin2win weapons in all honesty. The polearms, at least.
>>
>>161927963
Yes
>>
>>161927741
prince can be used as a general term for any royal children dummy
>>
>>161927949
t. Claire
>>
>>161927797
>talking about parts of the series that are not effected by age
>you bring up one of the two things that aged

you must be 18 to post on this website
>>
>>161927023
>>161927158

1. They couldn't release a new chromehounds because Sega still owned the rights
2. Most of the worst parts of V (horribly unbalanced multiplayer weapons)
3. V sucked mostly because of the really bad graphics/matchmaking/server issues.
4. For all the shit that V was, verdict day kicks ass. Verdict Day and Chromehounds are the only good multiplayer games made by From Software.
>>
>>161928227
Also, the lack of patching was entirely Bamco's fault. They were actively trying to kill AC because it competed with their gundam line, so they only released patches when the community complained about it.

>most of the worst parts of V

Most of the worst parts of V (horribly unbalanced mutliplayer weapons) were taken from dark souls as an attempt to introduce more 'gritty melee' combat into the series and less of an emphasis on guns. This lead to a shitton of super unfair melee weapons and just horrible balance in general.
>>
>>161928159
Good argument.
>>
>>161928227
verdict day was not good, the mechanics regressed back to ac2 levels

AC4A was the pinnacle of the series, objectively
>>
any mules on ps4?
>>
File: 1480726946497.jpg (30KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1480726946497.jpg
30KB, 354x352px
>he set himself on fire
>because a snake told him that he will become a lord doing so
>>
>>161928592
Fucking idiot trusting kaathe
>>
>>161928384
>horribly unbalanced mutliplayer weapons
Those have been in literally every AC game.
4 and 4A managed to be good despite their bad balance
>>
>using the point up emote like I'm giving them the finger actually generates more salt messages

Lmao
>>
>have max casting speed
>cast crystal soul spear
>opponent casts chaos bed vestiges while I'm already casting
>my soul spear comes out first
>get hit by cbv and opponent somehow rolls out
I get I lost for casting first?
>>
Any Xbros there that want to help me transfer some item?
>>
Tell me about Miyazaki...
Why does he love the traps?
>>
>People who give me shittons of space in the arena because we're both at low HP and they're too scared to do anything that isn't 100% safe
>back up a little
>use great heal

>they start doing nothing but clapping
>>
File: 1400346382416.jpg (160KB, 518x458px) Image search: [Google]
1400346382416.jpg
160KB, 518x458px
>actually wrecking people with corvian greatscythe on a hollow quality
holy shit, didn't thought they were buffed THAT much
>>
>>161928438
>ACFA the pinnacle

Ah yeah, you're one of those people. You think that slow mechs means that the mechanics of the game are simpler/worse

ACV/VD is way more complicated and better designed than FA.

Did you know that For Answer was basically built on the same engine as Last Raven, but they just tweaked the values to insane levels and ruined the optimization? The only gameplay changes from LR to FA was changing "heat" to "PA" and revising the lock on system.

Meanwhile VD is sitting here with multi-threshold damage, dynamic acceleration, about 5-6 different melee options, the most number of pvp viable parts of any game, the hardest hardmode missions of the franchise, hitboxes that actually make fucking sense, muzzle velocities that can actually hit players, and all in all more actual strategy in the combat instead of "RAPID DODGE GRENADE SPAM" that ACFA was.

VD is the best AC PS3 AC game, it has probably the most complex and in-depth combat system of any From Software game.

FA is just fun for people who don't want to play the game for more than 2 hours. FA also looks pretty, I guess. FA actually regressed the series by removing variable acceleration and multi missile lock on, getting rid of maps that actually mattered.

>>161928903
FA was 'decent' single player despite a myriad of issues. VD was 'decent' single player with a solid, fantastic multiplayer and gameplay that doesn't break when you use just a few weapons.

If 4 or FA's story wasn't interesting, they would be both be tied for worst game in the franchise, excluding V and Ninebreaker because of their bugs/crashing on launch. VD is just as good ast Last Raven or AC2/AC2AA though.
>>
>>161928592
>he let the fire that is tied to the very wellbeing of the world die
>just because a snake telling him that he will become a lord doing so
>>
>>161929347
And that doesn't even begin to get into VD's AI programming system, damage-relative-to-acceleration melee weapons, stability/recoil resistance mechanics, etc. All of which were desperately needed in the franchise but not present before.

Look at PvP videos of verdict day vs FA and you'll see a pattern where players have to actually strategist and plan whereas FA is just jousting and missile spamming to tank the framerate.

Get off miyazaki's dick and actually learn how to play a game before thinking it's 'regressing' a franchise.
>>
>Play for first time in 2 weeks
>Duel for 1 hour, nothing but memes and people that think they're funny
>Invading is always the same shit as well
>Close game
I'm free...
>>
>>161929347
slow is bad, period.
>>
>>161929347
>ACV/VD is way more complicated and better designed than FA.
>>
File: 534512.jpg (15KB, 431x395px) Image search: [Google]
534512.jpg
15KB, 431x395px
>>161929347
>Ah yeah, you're one of those people

holy shit nigger what

first of all, what a goddamn terrible way to start a post or progress a discussion

second of all, I'm not even that guy, but you're fucking autistic if you think FA ""regressed"" the series

you can say it modernized it, casualized it, dumbed it down, whatever -- something subjective like that, if you really feel that way -- but it wasn't in any way regressed. FA was proof that From Software could actually pump out a modern game and not be archaic pieces of shit and was also a huge part of miyazaki's rise through the company

also, hey, you have probably the shittiest opinions i've ever seen on an imageboard ever
>>
>invade some faggot
>he and his 2 phantoms jump off into the ravine in US to get away from me
>the cell is unopen either way and they hide at priestess
Wow
>>
File: 1419811899031.jpg (11KB, 172x159px) Image search: [Google]
1419811899031.jpg
11KB, 172x159px
>>161929347
>basically built on the same engine

What did he mean by this?
>>
>fight some dude in the arena who has a whip
>"oh cool, don't see whips often"
>he literally does nothing but roll away from me and tries to hit me from really far away whenever I don't chase him anymore (which doesn't work)
>he literally does this until time out

the fuck?
>>
>>161930771
Try fighting with a weapon with a single good move which can only come after another move
>>
File: ocero.png (221KB, 800x814px) Image search: [Google]
ocero.png
221KB, 800x814px
>>161926576
>>
>>161930850
Oh I tried to bait him plenty, issue being that whips outrange everything and aslong as he just runs away straight I can't get in range to begin with
>>
>>161929280
Honestly I'm glad the swipe got HA. It needed it
>>
>>161930936
No, I mean, try using whips whose only good move is roll r1. They can't be aggressive at all
>>
>people sending me hatemail because I duel charm them after they use 3 buffs
wot
>>
>>161930862
That's Seath, dumdum
>>161930850
Isn't the roll r1 bretty gud too?
>>
>>161930862
Ocerois is cute! CUTE!
>>
>invade 3 people
>blue gets summoned through concord
Who the fuck made this pvp system?
>>
>>161931031
Well I mean, I get what you're saying but is the winning strat really timing me out 3 times in a row?
>>
>>161931080
That's the point, roll r1 is the only really good move, so you can't do a good move while still, if you roll towards them, any weapon can R1 and trade and win. So they need to roll and be out of the distance of your weapon.

>>161931185
There's no whip winning strat if your opponent isn't agressive
>>
>>161931089
from knows that dorkmoons are useless
>>
>>161931089
>2 free estus

Why mad?
>>
>>161931315
>There's no whip winning strat if your opponent isn't agressive
Nigger I was literally sprinting after him. What the fuck else can I do to be more aggressive towards a dude who runs away from me and only attacks when I stand still?
>>
File: 1403636556464.jpg (8KB, 185x206px) Image search: [Google]
1403636556464.jpg
8KB, 185x206px
>millwood battleaxe
>66 str
>warcry
>592 ar
>>
>>161931315
I thought you meant the wa. Isn't the wa also pretty good? Or is it just the WL version?
>>
>>161929945
>>161929938
How acceleration works in FA:
Every part accelerates at the same rate, no matter what you use, so every AC reaches top speed at the same time.

How acceleration works in VD:
Accelleration varies depending on how far you move the analog stick, as well as how fast you were going, forming a 3 part exponential curve so you can both twitch dodge and accelerate slowly up to top speed. The shape of this curve can be modified using different parts.

How damage works in FA:
Every shot is reduced by some % of damage depending on your defense, no matter how small or how large the shot is. After you take enough damage, your PA drops, and you take an additional % of damage while it is down. There are only 2 damage types. It's stupid easy to build for the best defense/speed because every weapon does the same % of its total damage.

How damage works in VD:
Damage forms a 3 part curve based on the threshold of damage you take (Attack > Defense, Attack > Defense * 1.3, Attack < Defense). The higher the ratio, the more damage you do, with breakpoints at the switch between each curve. This means that EVERY AC has weaknesses and strengths, since any combination of weapons can be used to combat any combination of defenses. There is no optimal defense/weight ratio, unless you know the opponent's weapons ahead of time. This creates a dynamic metagame where players can actually use a variety of builds. There are 3 defense types.

How Melee works in FA:
Every sword uses a predetermined animation and lunge toward the target, auto-tracking for you. Damage is based on how many frames while your sword is out that you connect, usually only 1-2 frames since ACs are moving so fast.

How melee works in VD:
There are multiple melee types, some of which depend on the acceleration of the AC at the time of impact and the total weight of the AC. Every melee weapon has a different swing but also different shaped hitbox. Melee hitboxes can be tracked and guided using movement.
>>
>>161931770
How tracking and lock on works in FA:
There is a circular lockbox in the middle of the screen, but it's invisible. Inside this lock box you just instantly lock on with everything. Outside of it, and the closer you get to the edges of the screen, it takes longer to lock on. Muzzle velocity of weapons is extremely low, and arm tracking is extremely poor. This means that >70% of your shots are likely to miss, no matter how or when they are fired, because it takes at least half a second to reach the enemy. Arm tracking is the same no matter how close or how far the enemy is, so close up weapons are not more accurate either. Muzzle velocity is the same speed no matter what and shots fly in a perfectly straight line.

How tracking works in VD:
You have a circular lock box in the middle of the screen (same as FA) but its now visible Lock on is not possible outside of this circle. Weapons have varied muzzle velocities and the range of combat is narrower. Arm tracking is dynamic depending on the range, so close range guns are now actually possible to hit with. Bullets now have muzzle velocity decreases depending on a friction value and damage is connected to the speed of the shot. They also have bullet drop due to gravity now too.

How impact and stagger works in FA:
Shots produce no stagger until their impact force exceeds your stability, then your AC is pushed away in the direction of the shot, but still able to move.

How impact and stagger works in VD:
Stagger depends on the action you're doing at the time, as well as 2 stats (recoil resistance and stability). If you are heavily staggered, it will drop your defenses down to 80% (which, since it's a threshold system, makes you vulnerable to far more weapons) for 2 seconds. If you are staggered in mid-melee or while standing still / ready position, you can poise through it, but if you are staggered during glide boost movement, you will crash and fall to the ground in a custom animation.
>>
>>161931315
I want you to actually answer this >>161931418

I have a hunch you faggots who always say "you need to rely on the enemy being aggressive" actually mean
>you have to play so passively that the enemy gives up and lets you kill him
>>
>>161931602
It's pretty good but the WA, which is supposed to stun people into one R1, doesn't always work and they can roll out. I even had one person from this thread tell me that it never worked for him and he thought it wasn't supposed to do that. I'm pretty lucky, it works often for me. You can even beat curved sword users with it if you're good enough, because you win the trades, you just need to get used to the relatively slow speed, and don't spam the WA when they look like they're ready for it. Once you land the WA once, feel free to spam it, because most people suck at getting out of that when they're close and you can catch them again and again as they desperately roll backwards.
>>
>>161931872
How weapons work in FA:
All weapons in FA are either a basic gun, a missile, a pile, or a sword, and all use the same animations in their class and vary only slightly in muzzle velocity, the model /color used for the shot, accuracy, and the damage. Spreadshot weapons use a stock spread each time.
How special weapons work in VD:
VD has unique bullet and animation models for each class of weapon, including some explosive area of effect weapons as well as randomly generated spreads for the spreadshot weapons. Only weapons within the same class share shot/explosion animations, but they also have many classes with only a single weapon. There are also a class of weapon that charges up before firing, with muzzle velocity, impact, and damage relative to the charge level (and it’s another 3 part curve, not a linear more charge = more damage. No charge = 30% damage, max damage at 80% charge, max velocity at 100% charge ) There is a class of slow moving explosive energy weapons, there is a class of weapons that fires in a parabolic arc, etc.

I could go on and on and on.

They put a LOT of care into designing V/VD very carefully and very good to avoid the simplistic, dumbed down, and frankly terrible for multiplayer gameplay that FA had.

>>161930647
It's been known for a long time that the in-game stats for FA are using the same formulas from LR, minus a few things (LR actually had dynamic accelleration, FA doesn't). FA uses a new graphics engine but the gameplay engine is closest to AC3, since they removed a lot of the ACLR complexities regarding movement, tracking, and stat/animation variability in weapons.
>>
File: outspam this.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
outspam this.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>161931991
I honestly don't know what allows them to sometimes escape the charge but my guess is that it's somehow tied to whatever stun meter the game uses to maintain universal 2-hit combo system going apeshit from a barrage of stun attacks and reset earlier than it should. Or maybe it's a simple lag. Happens pretty rarely for me though.
>>
>people who do nothing but run away from you and spam pyromancies
>spam "point down" when the match inevitably times out
jesus christ.
Why did they get rid of the "lower HP loses" mechanic from DS2? Atleast then you could just tag those faggots with a dinky knife then let them play their shitty pussy game until they lose
>>
>>161931641
The WA is okay. If you do it at point blank, the first hit stuns into the rest. The issue is that if there's even a tiny bit of latency, then anyone can roll away from it, like some dagger combos. At long range, you can hope people aren't used to the range and don't double roll. It's very good at catching people who roll into you though, one of its best uses.

>>161931947
Whips need such specific ways to fight against people, as I said, every time he rolled, you had to be into the whip range but outside your own weapon range. The windows you have for those tend to be so small it's just too hard to get enough of them in a fight for a tiny bit of damage. I suggest you try whips to see how their playstyle is like
>>
>>161931991
>>161932314
This is just a theory, but I noticed most times I escaped it versus other people, they started it point blank and I was stunned by the first part of the charge
>>
>>161932212
>>161931872
>>161931770

And the cherry on the cake:

ARMORED CORE V/VD MECHS ARE FASTER THAN FA MECHS.

FA mechs move at higher speeds. No question. But the ranges are so far and the mechs are so large that the apparent speed of the enemy on-screen is a lot slower.

Because they're smaller in-game and the field of view is different, ACVD mechs move on screen MUCH faster than FA mechs. They're twitchier and dodge quicker.

ACV only feels slower because you move across the ground slower, but if you ignore the ground and focus on the actual enemies moving around you, people whizz by at much faster speeds, and the top speeds for movement are still comparable to FA, at roughly ~1000 kph.

All in all, FA mechs move across the ground about 20% faster, but they are 300% larger and fight at 300% longer ranges, making them roughly half the speed of VD mechs.

Also, since VD has wider dynamic range for damage, players die much faster. This makes gameplay way faster than FA, as long as you know how to actually play the game.

So fuck off with your "VD is a shitty game" nonsense. It makes FA look like Tetris by comparison.
>>
>>161932527
You're not answering my question. I know whips are shitty weapons. I've PvPd with whips before. I like PvPing with shitty weapons.

You're not answering why you're defending the strategy of running away until a match times out because you can't get safe hits in otherwise.
>>
File: artorias cosplayers.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
artorias cosplayers.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>161932641
Oh, i will check this out but i remember quite a few times when it combo'd after a point blank stun.
>>
>mfw using heysel pick with heavy armor

Thanks whoever suggested going heysel pick for sorcerer, this thing is way more fun than I thought it would be. A shame I can't use it one-handed and still get poise.
>>
>>161932324
>lower HP loses
Dump all levels in big and the rest in end and run forever
>lower hp% loses
Spar for a bit, back away and switch to dusk ring at the last moment
>>
>>161932779
Because that strategy is what works the most.
>>
>>161932823
Winner should be based on the number of combos you land. Lower HP % only if both have landed the same number of combos.

From doesn't know how to make multiplayer
>>
>>161932909
Mate, employing a strategy that, if countered, simply makes the match time out isn't viable. You're just wasting everyones time.

Pick a meta weapon if you're too shit to actually fight and win with whips.
>>
>>161932957
You duelfags are hilarious
>>
>>161932957
Have you never played a fighting game before
>>
File: OCELOTTTEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OCELOTTTEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
Why did my thread turn into autism so fast, is this my fault?
>>
/dsg/ - Armored Core and Kings Field General
>>
>>161932823
Except those things never happened in the DS2 arena, which was % based.

I'm sorry, but your fantasy "everyone would..." scenarios don't work if they're proven to not happen.
>>
File: 1470508046544.jpg (187KB, 905x708px) Image search: [Google]
1470508046544.jpg
187KB, 905x708px
>>161929180
Petite traps make him feel like a big guy for you
>>
>>161932781
Great webm until you pointed down.
>>
Really starting to hate my trigger buttons now.
>>
>>161933251
i ban him, i ban him...
>>
File: eat shit.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
eat shit.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>161933251
>not pointing down just to harvest some salt
You're doing it wrong nigga.
Shame there's not much mocking gestures in ds3 or i would spam all of them over their bodies.
>>
>>161932781
What SL/upgrade level do you invade in the archives at?
>>
>>161933559
>ironically pointing down
Literally the same thing.
Why don't you post your original character and your dA why don't you Edgelord Mckenzie?
>>
>>161933635
What about pointing down to make people mad is "ironic"?
Seems pretty genuine to me
>>
>>161933559
>That desperate blue running in place

Kek
>>
>>161933635
It's not ironic, shouldn't you call someone losing despite advantage shit?
>>
Problems with Dark Souls 3

-Spells double dip, should take FP not FP and Stamina.
-Slower weapons need more than HA on the beginning frames to be viable.
-Most WAs are useless, the Tootsiepop tech is just a temporary solution and will likely get patched
-Little to know depth in PvP
-Aggressor is always at the disadvantage, it's a reason why passive-reactionary play is the best way to play currently
-Nerf quality/buff str and buff dex builds to quality levels (buff the heavy and sharp infusions)
-Reduce FP costs for Sorceries/Miracles/Pyromancies across the board
-Reduce iframes of current roll system to DaS1 equivalent.
>>
File: 1480930970830s.jpg (2KB, 98x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480930970830s.jpg
2KB, 98x125px
>>161933251
>>
File: cute.webm (2MB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
cute.webm
2MB, 1200x750px
post cute
>>
>>161933578
SL75,+10, but thinking about bumping up a few levels as i don't remember ever invading anyone below SL70.
>>
>>161933870
>starts listing problems
>devolves into asking for changes
Start over and try again
>>
File: 1480930970830.jpg (10KB, 170x215px) Image search: [Google]
1480930970830.jpg
10KB, 170x215px
>>161933635
>>
>>161933870
>-Spells double dip, should take FP not FP and Stamina.
True
>-Slower weapons need more than HA on the beginning frames to be viable.
They need to get faster and have their stamina consumption decreased.
>-Most WAs are useless, the Tootsiepop tech is just a temporary solution and will likely get patched
Vast majority of WAs are either situational or quite useful, there's a very small amount of straight useless WA.
>-Little to know depth in PvP
Just like all other souls games then
>-Aggressor is always at the disadvantage, it's a reason why passive-reactionary play is the best way to play currently
Just like in all souls games then
In fact, this problem is not limited to souls games alone. Defending side always has an advantage over attacking.
>-Nerf quality/buff str and buff dex builds to quality levels (buff the heavy and sharp infusions)
Fuck no, this won't achieve anything. At best they should change the scaling of some weapon categories to be more str (maces) or dex-based (katanas), giving all weapons full damage from one stat scaling is retarded.
>-Reduce FP costs for Sorceries/Miracles/Pyromancies across the board
True
>-Reduce iframes of current roll system to DaS1 equivalent.
When you retards will understand that this will break pve and nobody will ever do it just to satisfy an irrelevant group of pvpers.
>>
>>161933870
>-Most WAs are useless, the Tootsiepop tech is just a temporary solution and will likely get patched
I don't really think so. In 1v1 duels where the enemy has your full atention, WAs suffer from being easy to spam roll dodge. They're most fun to use in 1v3 situations, especially the AoE ones.
The root issue here are the spam rolls. WAs would require a lot more skill to dodge if you couldn't achieve close to 100% iframes on spamrolling.

>-Little to know depth in PvP
Same issue again. When in doubt, spam rolls. Nothing can harm you unless you commit to an attack, but that's why you're using a washing pole and spam running R1s, right?

>-Aggressor is always at the disadvantage, it's a reason why passive-reactionary play is the best way to play currently
Estus being strong and rolling being strong is the reason passive-reactionary play is the best. See washing pole comment. No commitment required in DS3 pvp, and it's easy to just run away and heal up 15 times in invasions.
Invader being at an inherent disadvantage is only marginally relevant here. Though I agree there should be some mechanic to force people you invade through the level so they can't just wait at the bonfire, wether they gank or not. Those are the most boring invasions.

>-Nerf quality/buff str and buff dex builds to quality levels (buff the heavy and sharp infusions)
I don't think strength needs a buff and I'm saying that as someone who has 4 pure str characters using different greatweapons. Quality damage does deserve a nerf, and strength desperately needs to be able to buff their weapons. Most quality weapons are buffable. Most strength weapons aren't, just on principle. It's weird.

>-Reduce FP costs for Sorceries/Miracles/Pyromancies across the board
I agree with that. I'd also like to see a base damage buff for all of them so you're not forced to wear the same 2-3 rings to actually do any damage at all with them. 250 damage sunlight spears at 45 faith are mindboggling.
>>
Start game
>Remember Oscar, who gave you your first Sippy? Look at this corpse who gives you your blue Sippy! :D
>Remember DaS2 Shrinemaiden?
>Remember Andre?
>Remember Siegmeyer?
>Remember Oscar, haha jk that's just Anri :D
>Remember Big Hat Logan?
>Remember Kirk?
>Remember Patches?
>Remember Sif?
>Remember Stray Demon?
>Remember the four Great Lords?
>Remember Artorias?
>Remember Creighton?
>Remember Smough?
>Remember the Llwewyn Knights?
>Remember Silver Knights shooting arrows at you?
>Remember Anor Londo?
>Remember Gywndolin?
>Remember Things Betwixt?
>Remember Storm Ruler?
>Remember Seathe?
>Remember Ciaran?
>Remember the Duke's Archives?
>Remember Sens?
>Remember Drakebloods?
>Remember Ornstein?
>Remember Havel?
>Remember Gwyn?

End game

Wew lad, what a ride, it felt like a bad episode of family guy
>>
File: 1480338848646.jpg (71KB, 599x275px) Image search: [Google]
1480338848646.jpg
71KB, 599x275px
>>161934683
>a direct sequel is a direct sequel
>>
>>161934683
S

E

Q

U

E

L
>>
>>161934683
>remember x from ds2
nope :^)
>>
>>161934746
Fuck off jojobrony
>>
File: 12567957343466.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
12567957343466.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>161934683
>why do sequels of games reference previous games?
>>
>>161934683
>Llewellyn Knights
They weren't even knights in DS2 per se.
The Llewellyn set was worn by chancellor Wellager who was a ghost so you couldn't even properly see what he was wearing.
>>
>>161934781
I just saved a random reaction image but if it triggers you this hard maybe i should use more of them.
>>
>>161934683
>Play "game 3"
>Remember "game 1"
Yeah I remember
You?
>>
>>161934919
The statues that come to life in drangelic were all Llwellyn knights
>>
File: 1480884914644.jpg (673KB, 3204x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1480884914644.jpg
673KB, 3204x2398px
>>161933136
The thread is always autistic, it's inhabitants retarded.
>>
>>161934932
Sure you did, jojofaggot.

This is the part where you bust out your 500 image folder that you just "randomly" saved and spend the next 2 months spamming about some new forced meme.
>>
File: lefagget.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
lefagget.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>it's a "try not to get fucked by spells of other red" episode
While it feels sweet to counter-gank dried finger butt buddy summoning r1 mashing retard sometimes, second red is more of a bother than help usually.
>>
File: 1442449410023.png (50KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1442449410023.png
50KB, 627x620px
>>161934683
>Remember Ciaran?
I seriously hope you aren't talking about the Hornet Ring.
>>
what happened to this general
i want to have fun again
>>
>>161934746
>>161934865
A sequel expands on a story, a bad sequel feels like a flashback. The entire game was "REMEMBER THIS FROM DAS1? HOW COOL"
>>
>>161935141
how do you have fun?
>>
>>161934683
Did you just now realize every souls game is a repeat of the same things by design?
It started with kings field already.

>remember guyra?
>remember the moonlight sword?
>hey seath?
>>
Ok guys, I tried. I fucking tried.
I made a new character and tried to have fun. I went in with the idea to make a 27/40/30 Bleed character with hollow bandit knife and hollow u+o offhand and it was so fucking boring

There is nothing I can do to make me enjoy this game, its just that bland and boring.

I can still replay DeS and DaS and have fun but just can't seem to do it with 3. So fucking boring.

I tried, I 'm sorry
>>
File: 1213262634574.jpg (13KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
1213262634574.jpg
13KB, 288x175px
>>161935148
>A sequel expands on a story, a bad sequel feels like a flashback.
Isn't a "bad sequel" still a "sequel"? I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, anon.
>>
>>161934683
T. DaS1babby.
From games have always referenced each other, fuck, DS2 is absolutely full of references to King's Field games. In addition to that, they really recycle ideas and assets across the games whereever they can so this should not come as a surprise at all.
>>
>>161933870
>should take FP not FP and Stamina.
no, this is absolutely required
you don't remember what it was like back when you could turtle with dark bead and HCSM and all that shit with constant 100% stamina
>Slower weapons need more than HA on the beginning frames to be viable.
slower weapons need to not be slow to be viable
>Aggressor is always at the disadvantage
there isn't a souls game where this isn't true
>>
>>161935279
Have you tried doing run with friends
>>
What the fuck were the balance updates
>>
>>161935148
>A sequel expands on a story
Exactly what DS3 did, then? All its themes is an expansion and evolution of DS1 themes, but without overly vague endings of original game.
>>
>>161934683
>>161934746
>>161934774
>>161934865
>>161934935
>>161935257

Sequels are fine, continued stories are fine.

Shitty fanservice and a lack of original ideas is not fine. That's lazy writing.

DS3 is like the Force Awakens of from software games
>>
>>161935478
>Shitty fanservice and a lack of original ideas is not fine. That's lazy writing.
Uhh thats still a sequel, even if its bad writing retard
>>
>>161935418
"We literally don't know what we did while we messed up some silly codes, report back if anything breaks"
>>
>>161934683
>>Remember Things Betwixt?
>>Remember Ciaran?
>>Remember Sens?
I don't see the connections here.
>>
>>161934683

> How you like your sequels, senpai?
>Without references to the source material, cuz
>>
>>161935478
>lack of original ideas is not fine.
All Souls are basically a reuse of stuff already done by From before.

>That's lazy writing
Their games all had lazy writing too.
>>
Guys is the online dead in dark souls 3

Should I get it for ps4 or pc if i want to pvp online

REEEE I NEED AWNSERS
>>
Valorheart is so much fun to use. I wish great swords weren't meta so it would be more viable though.
>>
>>161935583
The same crack in the wall in Things Betwixt is in Profane Capital
Likely the ring in front of the grave in Unattended Graves
Snakes.
>>
>>161935769
PS4 so you can also play bb
>>
>>161935478
>lack of original ideas
Man-made gods, religion of the deep, human getting strong enough to defeat Gwyndolin and become the new ruler of Anor Londo, angels, profaned flame are all original ideas not present in the DS1. As far as originality in fromsoft games goes, DS3 is actually far from being bad.
>>
>>161935503
>sequels are fine
>WTF YOU'RE SAYING IT'S NOT A SEQUEL

chill out. DS3 is a total sequel. It's just a shitty sequel.
>>
>>161935769
PS4 is just as dead as PC senpai.
According to steam more players play DaS1/2 than DaS3 now.
>>
>>161935790
>The same crack in the wall in Things Betwixt is in Profane Capital
are you serious
>>
>>161935790
>Likely the ring in front of the grave in Unattended Graves
Then why not include Gough and Lautrec for Hawk and Favor?
>>
>>161934683
>Remember Siegmeyer?
That's not even him tho
That's literally just a guy from the same place
That's like playing a military game and seeing an American soldier and saying "oh hey I know that guy from this other game"
>>
File: First Flame.jpg (2MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
First Flame.jpg
2MB, 1920x2160px
>>161935854
Also royal family that founded a castle on a base of Kiln and engaged in eugenics, dragon transformations, soul bounding and time travels.
>>
>>161935946
It's funny because the personality of those american guys tends to be as similar as the two onions
>>
>>161935790
>cracks in the wall are a DaS2 reference
>bringing back a ring is reference to a character
>but RoFaP and hawk ring aren't
The snakes of ADP have nothing in common with the Sen's snakemen other than snakes. DaS1 did not invent snake people.
>>
>>161935946
With the same voice
With the same mannerisms and behavior
With the same weapons
>>
It's over lads
fuck scott cunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCce4qA0cxw
>>
File: 1480511196322.png (27KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1480511196322.png
27KB, 160x160px
>>161936084
>two different american soldiers can use the same type of weapons or grow up in the same culture leading to the similar but not the same customs and behavior
holy shit batman
>>
>>161936084
You could the same about most two murrikan soldiers
>>
>>161936168
>everyone shitting on him for making it go public
>>
>>161934683
This is why I prefer From not do Sequels. B-Team did it right with only 1 big references to the maingame (Old Dragonslayer) which was some fag trying to cosplay Ornstein and then a bit of subtle ones like broken lord vessel and abandoned sunlight covenent statue

DaS3 is just reference after reference, constantly shoving the callbacks down my throat as if I never played the first game. When I saw Andre in shrine I could already tell what kind of sequel it was going to be.
>>
>>161936084
>same voice
That's thats called an accent
>same mannerisms and behavior
They're following a code of ethics. They're knights.
>same weapon
Like I said, they're knights. Maybe zweihanders are standard issue to Catarina knights. You don't know.
>>
>>161935171
By getting a bf
>>
>>161936349
How do I get a BF?!?
>>
>>161936276
I'm glad he did. He's a retard, he doesn't actually want it to be fixed, but he's making it happen.
>>
>>161936324
>being a bumbling oaf is a code of ethics
This general is just something else
>>
>>161936394
Help me find the answer, qt
>>
>>161936324
>falling asleep everywhere is a code of ethics
>>
>>161936303
You have to be fair. DS2 is on another continent. DS3 is physically very close to where DS1 was.

If you consider that, then suddenly DS2 has a lot more shoehorned shit on it. Literally Ornstein on the other end of the world in a random church. The fuck?
>>
>>161936574
>the old dragonslayer making no effort to slay the dragon 50 meters away from him
>>
>>161936434
>not doing everything perfectly is being a bumbling oaf
Are you telling me that you never got stuck for more than 5 minutes on one part over all 3 games
Are you telling me you figured out every single puzzle and beat every single monster in one try
>>
>>161936490
I-I'm not ready for this step yet
>>
>>161935040
I don't think so, I think they just dropped the armor just like the spiders in Tseldora drop Zweihanders and Ricard's Rapiers. They were just statues, they weren't wearing the set themselves.
>>
>>161936084
Don't forget
>emit force and titanite slab from quest
>>
>>161936303
Dark Souls 2 has TWO major references that's

-Ornstein
-Gargoyles

However, I can forgive Gargoyles because they're not really UNIQUE enemies. But they rehash the same music forcing that nostalgia moment. But DaS3 does this more 3x more than DaS2.

Also DaS2's subtle/minor references are slim and you have to dig for them. Where as DaS3 is straight up in your face almost patronizing you as if you didn't know anything about the game or can't remember. Look at
>>161934683
He's also missing Richard, but he's somehow naked for some reason.
He's also missing all of Smouldering Lake and Demon Ruins.
>>
>>161936798
Call me when you're ready <3
>>
>>161936843
Emit force literally says in the description that it's something all catarina knights know to do. Titanite slabs are standard "quest rewards" in souls games.
>>
>>161936831
The spiders ate the Tseldora people, also the mutated inhabits dropped the set as well. That makes sense.
The statues are wearing the sets, just a statue/petrified version. It doesn't make sense for them to drop but not a lot of things in these games do. But you can literally see the set they wear
>>
>>161935946
>>161936243
>>161936219
>oh yeah how can anyone look at this guy and think Seigward, he's just a knight from the same place with the same weapon who you need to help time to time and is your pal
>I honestly can't fathom how anyone would make the connection

Alright fuck guys can we stop pretending to be retarded and realize that Seigward exists to reference Seigmeyer?
This isn't inherently bad, he's just a shit character in comparison and ends his quest making a trash Demon Souls reference even easier.

DS3 is a sequel, so it's fine when it references past shit. Old Demon King is fucking baller.
There's just weak ass shit like "XD le toast, praise the sun Onion bro" that gets forced as fuck. There are a lot of shallow NPCs across Souls series.
Doesn't help that every single one in DS3 kills themselves on quest completion, I guess to try and avoid writing more lines.
>>
>invading
>1v2
>host hides behind high lvl teammate
>teammate comes at me with UO
>riposte
>teammate runs in to stun me while dude heals
>switches to carthus
>riposte
>repeat
>this time he equips a bunch of healing shit and goes back up to full health
>watchdog invades
>nice some hel-
>he attacks me
>kill him at 5% hp without taking a single hit
Why do people have to be so fucking gay
>>
>>161937046
>The spiders ate the Tseldora people,
I'm not sure that explains why they're carrying very large swords on them.
>>
>>161936860
Dark Souls 2 references were pointless fanservice, terribly shoehorned into the game. At least Dark Souls 3 gives a reason for why the references are there, and it's more of a direct sequel. One of the only exceptions is Andre being there, which makes no sense. Meanwhile in Dark Souls 2 you get things like this:

Lightning Spear description

>A miracle that launches a spear of lightning.
>Said to be the legacy of an ancient clan whose leader
>was revered as the God of Sun.

>The name of the clan has been lost to time, but the
>gross incandescence of our magnificent father shall
>never wane."

Cringeworthy.
>>
>>161937105
Mate, they're literally from the same place.

I mean, are you a fucking idiot? Siegmeyer had a sister who dressed like him, acted like him, fought like him, looked like him, was a bumbling idiot who needed your help aswell.

Does that mean Sieglinde "only existed to reference Siegmeyer"?
>>
>>161937153
This
As someone whose only objective is to kill the host, why would you ever attack the guy trying to help you kill the host?
>>
File: spiders2.png (13KB, 622x197px) Image search: [Google]
spiders2.png
13KB, 622x197px
>>161937184
>>
>>161937243
I'd rather have a very few with cringeworthy descriptions than 99% of the game made up of it
>>
>>161937308
Sieglinde did not act like Siegmeyer at all, what are you smoking, pass me some of that, gotta be some good ass shit
>>
File: BattleWithStatueKnights.jpg (463KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BattleWithStatueKnights.jpg
463KB, 1280x720px
>>161937046
>The statues are wearing the sets, just a statue/petrified version.

It looks nothing like it.
>>
>>161937308
>acted like him
She did not.
Siegmeyer came of as proud in his mannerisms, Sieglinde came of as more polite and softspoken.
Even so, in a way she did only exist to reference her father. When the player meets Sieglinde and she asks about her father, the first thing that's supposed to come to mind is Siegmeyer. If Siegmeyer were not in Lordran, she wouldn't be either. Her entire reason for being there is looking for her father.
>>
>>161937450
>Sieglinde did not act like Siegmeyer at all,
>literally stuck inside a fucking crystal golem somehow
That's such a Siegmeyer thing to do. I can't believe they're dropping so many Siegmeyer references in DS1. So lazy.
>>
Dark Souls 3 should have just taken place somewhere else secluded from Lordran. Show us more about the EAST where Shiva and Alonne come from.

DaS3 proves how bad A-Team is at writing sequels. Shit on B-Team all you want at least the game wasn't a reference or a callback every 5 fucking seconds.
>>
>>161937313
AGAIN
>invade
>look for host
>first thing I see is watchdog running at me
>HE ATTACKS ME
>run to the exile suicide ladder
>HOST AND HIM FALL DOWN ATTACKING ME
>>
>>161937460
The smaller statues, not the horse ones
The ones by the Ruin Sentinel mobs near Dark Lurker entrance
>>
>>161937105
Siegward exists also to reference Biorr.
From uses the same overall archetypes all the time.

>Patches is okay but not Siegward
Talk about double fucking standards.

>>161936860
Don't forget the reincarnated Lord Souls.
>>
>>161937497
>>161937450
I don't think you guys realize that catarina is literally full of onion knights with similiar mannerisms all named "Sieg"something. Like, that's the fucking joke. Good job for discovering that Siegmeyer and Siegward are alike.
>>
>>161935769

I unironically get constant invasions in pretty much every area on PS4.

75% of them are Japs though.
>>
>>161937605
do they atleast get a reward if they kill an invader?
>>
>>161937643
The reincarnated souls are different, and you don't get them until NG+.

You're not fighting literally nito or literally bed of chaos.
>>
>>161936303
>>161936574

DS3 didn't HAVE to be on the same location/continent. They chose that because Bandai Namco told them to make it full of DS1 references to bring fans back.

Literally no from soft game prior to DS3 is set in the exact same setting with the same names and characters. Even if they're direct sequels they have completely different characters and the references are just item /character descriptions, not in complete locations and plot points.

DS3 is full of fanservice, and that's not what they should do.
>>
>>161937802
>DS3 didn't HAVE to be
But it was
>>
File: Sstonesoldier.png (58KB, 170x219px) Image search: [Google]
Sstonesoldier.png
58KB, 170x219px
>>161937629

But weren't the horse statues the ones that dropped the Llewellyn Set?

Can't find a good image of the Stone Soldiers, but it doesn't look like they wore Llewellyn either.
>>
>>161937779
Siegward isn't literally Siegmeyer either but you're still bitching about it
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11808763

Shut the fuck up and vote. I know you IIICucks make up the majority of the general now since it's "hot shit" and you new blood flock into whatever forum or general you can get your hands on to, but shut the fuck up you been spamming this place for 140 replies now with this asinine shit
>>
What if the pilgrims were trying to mimic Quelana's servants (the ones with the brood on their backs) with their stone plates?
In the place before the Cursed Greatwood fight there are two statues of them which look like they have eggs growing on their back. The Greatwood has hands similar to the Chaos Witches.

Thoughts?
>>
>>161937830
And that was a bad choice.
>>
File: 1478984283356.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478984283356.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>161937540
>Show us more about the East where Shiva and Alonne came from
Why? The 'East' has no thematical connection to the First Flame, it's only natural that the final Dark Souls game takes place within Lordran but also mixes in other transitory lands of Lords of Cinder like Drangleic, Thorolund and possibly Eleum Loyce?
>>
>>161937902
Find one post that said he was literally the same guy in this thread.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is the black sheep of the franchise.
Dark Souls 2 may play the most differently than the rest of the games but at least it could stand on its own in terms of story.
>>
>>161937940
>I'm gonna make a strawpoll to prove a point
>but I already know the outcome, so I'm gonna justify why my preferred choice will lose in advance

Why even bother mate?
>>
>>161937940
I actually defended Dark Souls 2 back then when everyone and I mean hundreds of people hated on it on this general, but the truth is that Dark Souls 3 is just better. There are a few things that Dark Souls 2 had which were nice and Miyazaki decided to scrap them instead of keep improving on them because of the massive community backlash, but that's it.

The only thing that is up to personal opinion is PvP, because Dark Souls 2 PvP was really balanced, but things like the abominable Soul Memory, bad animations and clunky controls make me hesitate towards calling it better.
>>
>>161937953
the stone plates were keeping Pus of man in check if im not mistaken
>>
>>161937940
holy shit yes

how many characters are related to Gwyn or Artorias?

>Abyss Watchers
>Dancer
>Rosaria
>Gertrude
>Aldrich
>Nameless King
>Lorian and Lothric
>Soul of Cinder
>Gravetenders
>Inevitable Gwynevere

like fucking off me
>>
>>161938159
Because the conversation happens everyday and it's annoying. Blind IIIcucks says everything in DaS3 is 100% original and says theres no reference even dismissing Siegward as NOT a Siegmeyer reference and then you have DaS1 autists who go about and claim EVERYTHING is a reference, like "Well because the bells are used in both Artorias and Abyss Watcher's themes they're clearly the same song just remixed" or "GYWN LOL!!!"

It's a topic done to death, does the general/game have nothing better to discuss between this or ENB losing custody?
>>
>>161938016
Fair enough, but that doesn't mean all the resulting choices were bad. They were simply the way they had to be.
>>
Where to farm for human effigies in DS2? I am trying to do it by the bastille where the dogs are but they disappeared for some reason.
>>
>>161938323
>Dark Souls 3 Final DLC
>You're in the Abyss
>You hear a voice
>Ashen one... wake up
>You walk closer to the voice
>You find the firekeeper in the abyss, you talk to her
>She explodes into a blinding white light
>You find yourself in Undead Asylum with oscar handing you the key
>game ends

alright im here to collect my shekels
>>
>>161938357
That doesn't answer the question. You made a strawpoll, and because you already knew the outcome wouldn't please you, you illegitimized it by saying the sample is biased anyways.

wtf are you doing
>>
>>161938453
If you kill an enemy enough times is ds2 it doesn't respawn.
>>
>>161937802
>DS3 didn't HAVE to be on the same location/continent

Uhh, no it didn't HAVE to, but it makes thematically the most sense to end it all where the whole thing started in the first place.

>They chose that because Bandai Namco told them to make it full of DS1 references
You're utterly retarded. You dumbfucks are unable to grasp that Dark Souls is a videogame that tries to create enjoyment for people and create sales by giving the established audience what they want.

>DS3 is full of fanservice and that's not what they should do
Pray tell, what SHOULD they do, then? Make the game as unappealing to the fans of the first game as possible?
>>
>>161938453
Burning an Bonfire Ascetic in Tower of Prayer bonfire in Dragon's Sanctum allows you to farm infinite amount of Human Effigies at the spike trap staircase as well as Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone, Focus Soul.
>>
>>161938598
......what? why? Why they do this?
>>
crystal witch is cute!
>>
>>161938357
>ENB losing custody?
HOL UP
What?
>>
>>161938709
Trying to appeal to casuals who die over 15 times to a single boss
>>
>>161938586
I said I'd rather them vote on it and stop posting about it here. The topic is dull, how does that not answer your question
>>
Is there a DS3 weapon tier list?
>>
>>161938760
I'm assuming this was meant for this
>>161938707
right?
>>
>>161937308
>are you retarded
>Seigward is an original character, in no way could anyone see him and think of Seigmeyer
I'm not sure if you're rusing me or genuinely suck this much dick. No one agrees with you, especially not the people who created that character, or fucking shit the people who made DS3.

When you fought the Soul of Cinder did you not think of Gwyn too you fucking faggot?

>>161937643
>Patches is ok but not Seigward
Who are you comparing Patches to dumbass? Fucking Patches, who is glorious in every entry.
I'm saying Seigward is a shit version of Seigmeyer, I fucking prefaced this entire fucking argument by saying it's ok for DS3 to reference past shit.

For example, I think the dragon fag crestfallen is better than the one in DS2 that just sits on his ass and shills the bitch boi covenant.
>>
>>161938786
That doesn't answer my question either.

Why would you post a strawpoll that you denounce as biased in the same breath?

It's ok if you don't have an answer. That's an answer in itself.
>>
Look all I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with call backs, but this is something wrong when almost 90% of your game is call backs and references. Like can you fucking please give original content? The souls universe's ending "RESET" gives you many options to play with and you had to play it safe and just a worse DaS1.
>>
>>161938865
>When you fought the Soul of Cinder did you not think of Gwyn too you fucking faggot?
Are you really that dumb? Soul of Cinder is the direct fucking successor of Gwyn.
The bossfight itself is designed to resemble a player from DS1. Who is the successor of Gwyn.

I mean shit nigger, next thing you tell me is that linking the fire is a blatant rehash of DS1.
>>
>>161938707
To avoid people farming heavily early on and ruining the game experience. They put in a covenant that allows you to make enemies continually respawn, but at higher difficulty, as well as items that reset respawns but advanced that area's difficulty and item drops to NG+ levels.
>>
>>161938707
People complaining about infinitely respawning enemies.

>dev makes game
>people complain about shit in the game
>developer mistakenly listens to fan feedback
>whoops turns out the fans are retarded and didn't know what they wanted
>fans complain about the changes they wanted
>devs make another sequel but ignore the input of retarded fans and try tgeir best to guess what the audience actually wants
>dark souls 3 comes out
>>
>>161938736
thats what happens when you seperate with your wife and your job is "playing video games"
>>
>>161938707
People memed about the difficulty of fighting more than one guy so if you're shit they'll despawn.

Just join Champ covenant.
>>
>>161938878
What are you even going on about famygdala?
>>161938865
>When you fought the Soul of Cinder did you not think of Gwyn too you fucking faggot?
1.) It's a completely different character
2.) Gwyn is dead lol, how could it even be him?

You're stupid
>>161938790
Google it
>>161938281
Mechanically and gameplay wise? Yes
But what doesn't beat out DaS2 gameplay, that really isn't saying much.
But DaS2 outclasses DaS3 in every other field ESPECIALLY originality
>>
>>161938790

Not an image one for the current patch. Right now the only weapons I would even consider putting in top-tier are the Washing Pole and Gargoyle Flame Spear, and even then I'm not that sure.
>>
>>161939139
>>161938760
>>161939034
Still though, I need/want to farm some human effigy so I can reliably have my humanity.

And what kind of autist thinks you'll stop from overgrinding when you can Co-op for more souls?
>>
>Play some arena
>buff my weapon
>throw a duel charm at enemy
>Get hatemail
>decide to do some duels outside pontiff
>buff my weapon
>throw a duel charm while they gesture
>get hate mail

I don't understand, it's called a Duel charm and they have access to it, why wouldnt they use it
>>
>>161939183
I'd say every weapon with an unpunishable running attack is top tier and unbeatable atm if played right.
So, katanas, to an extent straight swords, most spears (garg just does the most damage for its length), greatswords if onehanded.
Things like curved sword regular r1 attacks are also borderline unpunishable due to nonexistant recovery frames.
>>
>Morion blade
>RTSR
>Miracle rings
>lightning spear does 400 damage

>Morion blade
>rtsr
>pyro rings
>dark orb does 1200 damage

>morion blade
>RTSR
>sorcery rings
>CSS does 1400 damage

>lloyds sword ring
>refined straight sword 40/40
>does 300-400 damage per swing

How is this remotely fair? By the time it takes to cast and throw the spell I will already do equal to if not double the damage by mashing R1
>>
>>161939304
i think you already know this. if you buff and they dont charm you, they assume you will do the same. but you want to have your cake and eat it too
>>
>>161939034
>ruining the game experience
Yeah instead if you're a shit player you can just despawn the mobs from an area with continuous grinding and you can be cucked out of items you can only get as drops if you despawn all the mobs before getting the item.

Mob despawns and Soul Memery were flat out dumb ideas and the Covenant of Champions and Agape Ring were applying bandage to a fractured bone.

>>161939132
I didn't know he and his wife were even divorced, he just got her into the States,right? What could've happened to prompt this sort cut shit. I knew they were having a rough time because of the miscarriages but still :/
>>
>>161937708
Do you get a reward for killing a host aside from satisfaction? Not REALLY.

but the other invaders get an estus if you die tho
>>
>>161939545
What prevents them from charming him back?
>>
Is the broadsword okay for heavy infusion 40str ?
>>
>no bone fists
>no drop kicks
>no fun weapons
i hate ds3
>>
How the fuck do you parry with katanas?
>>
>>161939579
thats the thing, she was only looking to get citizenship

likely never even cared about him
>>
Anyone want a PC FC? I can host
>>
>>161939482

Most katanas aside from the Washing Pole and maybe the Chaos Blade are too short to have an 'unpunishable' running attack, they're easily predictable and dodgeable or are in position to HA trade with if you're using say a Greatsword easily. Straight Sword running attacks also have noticeable start-up frames that make them worse then katanas for this purpose aside from not being thrusting attacks as well, same problem with Greatsword running attacks.

Curved Sword regular R1s are insanely fast still but the only ones that's a problem with are the very long ones like Carthus and Storm Curved, and since the AR nerfs the Carthus Curved Sword loses out in R1 trades to basic Straight Swords.
>>
>>161939025
>Soul of Cinder is designed to resemble Gwyn
>Seigward is not designed to resemble Seigmeyer
Are you beginning to understand why only believing in one of those things makes you a fucking idiot?

>linking fire is a rehash of DS1
Stop responding you fucking autist, for the third time I have no fucking problem with DS3 being sequel

>>161939160
>I don't think of Gwyn when fighting SoC, they're completely different characters
>Gwyns theme starts playing
>The SoC in the lore is an amalgam of the souls that linked the bonfire, the largest easily being Gwyn
This is the shit I'm talking about.
>>
>>161939160
Atmosphere, world design, lore. Gameplay isn't the only thing that Dark Souls 3 did better.
>>
>>161938281
Yeah and for a while. It seemed like it was the only and last sequel, only opened more questions and had that thing where the lore was too vague, but i enjoyed it nonetheless.
>>
>>161939614
nothing

remember to point down if they act salty
>>
>>161939763
Quelaag's theme plays during ODK fight does that make him Quelaag?
>>
>>161939763
>>Soul of Cinder is designed to resemble Gwyn
Soul if Cinder is not designed to resemble Gwyn. He's designed to resemble the DS1 player, who is the successor to Gwyn.

>Siegward is not designed to resemble Siegmeyer
Siegward is not designed to resemble Siegmeyer, he's designed to resemble a typical catarina knight, like Siegmeyer was.

I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding simple concepts such as these. It might be you have some sort of mental disability.
>>
>>161939712

In an hour if you're up for it then.
>>
>>161939802
>Atmosphere
non existent
>world design
worst in the series, DaS2 has shit that doesn't make sense but the individual levels themselves are leaps and bounds over DaS3
>lore
if by lore you mean DaS1 lore, the majority of the bosses in DaS3 are related to Artorias or Gwyn
>>
>Use Red Eye orb in Corvian settlement
>Invade a host that is into the fly room

Goddamnit.
>>
File: 1479860281404.png (68KB, 484x283px) Image search: [Google]
1479860281404.png
68KB, 484x283px
>Ds2 fag is doing his autistic thing another thread
Will he ever stop?
>>
>>161939675
But they have a child together...
I hope you're shitting me. I think enb has questionable ethic when it comes to his work and honestly his twitch streams are super bland because he's completely different from his youtube self when 80% of the time he talks he's not talking relevant stuff about the game, he's memeing with the twitch chat and talking to people you can't see in the yt vids. But despite his content going downhill, he's still a friendly and down to earth personality and it seriously sucks if someone honestly duped him like that.
but you were just memeing on me,right?
>>
>>161940069
Calling him a DS2 fag is an insult to the few people who liked DS2 and aren't complete faggots about it
>>
>>161940182
>But they have a child together...
so?
>>
>>161940218
That's what he is though, every argument he throws up is "But DS3 is just a rehash of 1 DS2 was better and new!"
>>
>>161939763
From make a sequel, but tries to make a new world vaguely related to the first, people shit on it because muh lore and no praise the sun.
make another sequel now it's more related to the original game, now it's unoriginal and only panders to nostalgic faggits. It I think it's time to play some other games.
>>
DaS1fags thinks DaS2fags and DaS3fags are retards
DaS2fags thinks DaS1fags and DaS3fags are retards
DaS3fags thinks DaS1fags and DaS2fags are retards
>>
>>161939874
>>161939874
>Since Lord Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder, many exalted lords have linked the First Flame, and it is their very souls that have manifested themselves as defender of the flame.

Alright so I've been baited this entire time, great.
>>
>>161940263
You don't purposely make a child with someone you have no intention of staying with,right?
Although,this raises an utterly horrifying point...
What if she intentionally miscarried two times because she only needed one anchor baby?
>>
>>161940182
Well, you have to understand what happens when you get a mail order bride, which is more or less what he did. I don't say this as an insult or something, and I know from acquintances that this is the common course of events.

>white western man goes to poor regions of asia to find a woman (or orders one)
>because poor peopl in asia are insanely poor, they think someone with minimum wage in the US is insanely rich (because he is insanely rich there)
>woman eventually comes to the west, marries the dude thinking he's a big provider and a crosius
>have a kid or two
>eventually the woman realizes for western standards, the guy she's with is actually rather bottom tier
>heartless divorce happens

ONLY get a golddigger wife if you've got the gold.
>>
>>161940391
Or Bamco stop forcing From to make sequels for money when it's very obvious that From is shit at making sequels.
>>161940541
You're too oldfashion. Having a child isn't as important as it use to be
>>
>>161940490
I don't think, I know that they are retards.
>>
>>161940589
His wife was a Nip though.
>>
>>161940786
Believe it or not, japanese mail order brides exist. There's poor regions there too.
>>
LMAO
nice
hope his daughter dies too
fucking hate the guy
>>
>>161939712
+1
>>
Find desperate white man
pretend to love desperate white man
have kid with desperate white man
get citizenship
divorce white man
life off USA welfare and collect white man alimony
life the good life
>>
>>161940867
Right, much like there are poor regions in the US or Western Europe. Surely she would realize from her experience in Japan that ENB wasn't rich by US standards.
>>
>>161940978
Why do you think mail order brides exist in the first place? The dream of "marry rich white man" is very persistent in all of asia.
>>
>>161940959
Thought I was in a /pol/ thread
>>
>>161940959
If I'm black can I do this to a white girl?
>>
>>161940959
wish I was a japanese female
>>
>>161941087
Men can't collect alimony or child support
>>
>>161940182
no. he fell for a scam that many fall for

many of them are desperate to escape the worker bee culture

they'll say or do anything if they think you are their ticket out of there. including fuck you. in this case, that had a probably undesired side effect.
>>
>TFW your plunge attack does not one hit kill a host

I hate botching this.
>>
>>161940541
You are so fucking innocent, it's cute.
>>
>>161939579
I think i have very educated guess of what might happened. And like most of the people were money issues and cultural differences maybe she wasn't comfortable at the US and he either will go to Japan and shit happens.
>>
>>161941086
Why, because it's the truth and you're not used t othat?
>>
>>161941415
No, it's because I'm always on /pol/ and sometimes I forget which tab things are.
>>
Is the dancer bonfire the closest one to Lorian?
>>
File: 7000 health.png (19KB, 561x379px) Image search: [Google]
7000 health.png
19KB, 561x379px
How in the fuck are you supposed to beat someone with 7000 hp?
>>
File: 60224422_p1_master1200.jpg (213KB, 579x796px) Image search: [Google]
60224422_p1_master1200.jpg
213KB, 579x796px
Okay then, let's see if it works.
PC FC at High wall. Pass and signs are dsg and on the rafters, as always.
>>
>>161940959
What's most sad about this is that this isn't even that uncommon of a thing. Sometimes I wish I was a woman, or at least a cute dick girl so I can get away with mooching off some dude for the rest of my life.
>>
>>161941516

No, Dragonslayer Armour's.
>>
>>161941519
git gud
>>
>>161941516
Dragon slayer armor.
>>
>>161941598
Can I tootsie pop it up
>>
>>161941519
Well, you already have cheat engine open.
>>
I don't know how they did it but they managed to make a netcode even worse than das2's
p2p for multiplayer games should be illegal
>>
>>161941676
Yeah, whatever you want to call it
>>
>>161941519

Riposte from a Bloodlust WA swap Yhorm Machete with RTSR+Morion Blade+Dragon Torso Stone and Hornet's ring
>>
>>161941189
Naw, it's pretty frequent for citizenship marriages to end up with a kid. A kid is a ticket to child support, which means that an uneducated women from the 3rd world can receive enough money to live off of without ever needing to work.

Outside of America, people don't make nearly as big of a deal over having a kid for one reason or another. This whole "oh my god female reproduction is a fucking apocalypse, save us" is a recent american invention.
>>
>>161941519
>CE open
Just curse him f᠎a᠎᠎m a lam
>>
>>161941598
Which rafters do you mean? And what levels are acceptable? Can I join at SL103?
>>
>>161941710
No surprise, since DS2 was designed by the only people in From Soft's team who know how to make a multiplayer game

too bad they're all fired now
>>
>>161941680
eh I pushed them off a cliff
>>
>>161941657
>armour
I think you meant armor there.
>>
>>161941519
>those fucking stats
Further proof that all 120 players are legally retarded.
>>
>>161941516
There's a bonfire right outside the archives
>>
>>161941784
no dumbfuck, I implied that das2's netcode was also pure shit
>>
File: 20161206001833_1.jpg (190KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20161206001833_1.jpg
190KB, 1024x576px
>>161941780
These rafters.
Most people are 80-120, so sure.
>>
File: 1423564574.png (448KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423564574.png
448KB, 900x900px
>>161941808
>>
>>161941779
how? I had to push him off a cliff to kill him
>>
>>161941321

>botched again

ffs
>>
>>161941808

No?
>>
>>161941997
>How to hack
Google
>>
c a n s o m one h e lp m ee fi g ure o u t a f u n bu i l d fo r d a r s ou l s 3?
>>
>>161941942
I can't for the life of me figure out where those are. Which bonfire do I start out from?
>>
File: 20161206002330_1.jpg (190KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20161206002330_1.jpg
190KB, 1024x576px
>>161942143
The first bonfire, of course
>>
Why can't I see Vilhelm as an invader?
>>
>>161942218
well now I feel like an idiot, thanks
>>
>>161942049
Yes.
>>
>>161942136
poise quickstep

Use smough leggings with some kirk pieces use bandit's knife with rouge and possibly ironflesh
>>
>>161942319

Are you ok anon?
>>
>People still ruuning around with 3 friends

Whats wrong? Need carried because you can't fight alone?
>>
>>161942252
ok
>>
>>161942412
Yes.
>>
>>161942136
What happened to the old run naked or only with dress with the dumbest face you could make and use the heaviest most annoying weapon you can find.
>>
File: 1472038724872.png (270KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
1472038724872.png
270KB, 400x473px
>that whole fucking sequence at the Old Chaos
Meme all you want about DaS2, there will never, NEVER be a moment as hype as this.
>>
>>161942483

Well you're posting some weird thing, but that's ok. Have a nice day anon.
>>
>>161942548
Memes and shit posting aside DaS2 is probably the best sequel From has ever made
>>
File: takena2.png (181KB, 584x424px) Image search: [Google]
takena2.png
181KB, 584x424px
>>161942548
>The moment when the giant portal opens up and the Ivory King enters on a bridge of flame
>>
>>161942548
looked like something from a F2P korean MMO
>>
Remind me why gank squads are prioritized by the invasion system?
>>
>>161942841
From designs their system hoping most players won't be assholes to hack, twink or gank
>>
>>161942841
Because from said so
if you want 1v1s go duel bitch ass nigga
>>
>>161942942
I am the authority on these threads
>>
File: Lucifer 4.png (3MB, 862x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer 4.png
3MB, 862x1049px
>>161943058
>>
>>161942841
because das2babbys still whined about the big bad invader
>>
>>161943058
I'll show you who's the boss of these threads
>>
>>161932672
You are a fucking hero for any AC fan anon.
>>
>>161943102
>4
post the rest
>>
File: 97906a86b5a974e299e2c047b633be68.jpg (468KB, 1000x1399px) Image search: [Google]
97906a86b5a974e299e2c047b633be68.jpg
468KB, 1000x1399px
>>161943058
Fuck you lucifer
>>
>>161943190
Who is this semen demon
>>
Why's everyone in this FC using the grand lance?
>>
>>161943270
yes
>>
>>161942841
>>161942937

the system wouldn't be that bad if the red eye orb was a worldwide invasion tool, then invasions from moundmakers and red phantoms would bumrush people who summoned

>>161943270
a terrible anime girl from a terrible anime universe
>>
File: lucifer - smaller.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer - smaller.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>161943178
>>
>>161943286
Because Scott "our guy" Jund, taught everyone how to use it
>>
>>161943395
she isn't even from an anime "mate"
and she's a good girl, a very good one in fact
>>
>>161943395
This>>161943456
Fuck you nigga
>>
>>161942429
>I don't understand how people actually have friends and want to play with each other for fun.
>>
File: new glitch.webm (3MB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
new glitch.webm
3MB, 950x534px
Well, well, well, what do we have here.....
>>
File: lucifer 2.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer 2.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>161943178
>>161943410
>>
>>161942548
I think my favourite thing about that whole encounter is that it's one of the few times in the series that reference is made to some big obscure evil that harrowed the land in the past and shaped the course of the world that you actually get to go see and face head on.

The whole lore of the series is full of offhand mentions to cool events or concepts that are just fluff and never expanded on. Eleum Loyce is basically built one one of these ideas: a fortress city built atop some ancient evil to contain it. The fact that the climax of the DLC is actually diving into it and seeing just what this thing so dangerous that the whole great city was built to stop actually is, was a fucking great payoff.

DaS1 did something similar with the abyss and it was similarly awesome. I think it got even better in DaS2 because the "ancient evil" was something the player would already be familiar with from the first game, so seeing one of those obscure, half-meaningless references to the previous game actually amount to something concrete was a great payoff.

Fuck, why was Ashes of Ariandel so disappointing?
>>
>>161943190
just jerked off to her image like 20 minutes ago
i can recommend it
>>
>>161942754
Everything in DaS2 looks like its from an off-brand Souls game, but that sequence was fucking amazing being in the Souls world. Finally a final boss who isnt totally delusional or too far gone to put his power to good use and create an amazing entrance after standing against his endless horde of black knights for minutes on end.
>>
>>161943456
>nasuverse fag detected
>>161943564
fantastic taste
>>
>>161943632
>new glitch
What glitch?
>>
>>161943682
>detected
you don't even need to 'detect' such obvious things "mate"
>>
File: 5827f34d3a379de527e76037f8774c19.jpg (687KB, 863x1407px) Image search: [Google]
5827f34d3a379de527e76037f8774c19.jpg
687KB, 863x1407px
>>161943652
Woah anon, that's lewd and evil!
>>
>>161943632
>moosetorrent
wow anon, you're famous now
>>
>>161943632
is this supposed to be read in a british accent?
>>
>>161927847
lol I posted the word 'meme' about soimething I don't like again guys!!!!!!!!11
>>
>>161943632
Glitch? That's a true combo. Always have been.
>>
File: e3241a654a7cbb6e26e73fe6248ba605.jpg (320KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
e3241a654a7cbb6e26e73fe6248ba605.jpg
320KB, 724x1024px
>>161943682
>fantastic taste
Why thank you my friend.
>>161943632
I honestly don't know who this is even though the name seems kinda familiar.
>>
File: 1375075354534.jpg (378KB, 992x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1375075354534.jpg
378KB, 992x1404px
>>161943756
I'm going to breed with that cat
>>
File: dsg_lucy.png (6KB, 859x89px) Image search: [Google]
dsg_lucy.png
6KB, 859x89px
>>161943639
>>
File: Lucifer 5.png (12KB, 1033x110px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer 5.png
12KB, 1033x110px
>>161944149
Thanks brah
>>
File: b101896a169b124aca6365780fcd897a.jpg (116KB, 1000x1040px) Image search: [Google]
b101896a169b124aca6365780fcd897a.jpg
116KB, 1000x1040px
>>161944131
No that's not right!
>>
>general always says filter or ignore tripfags
>dedicates posting about said tripfag and saving his responses giving him more attention
??
>>
>>161944292
He's not here anymore, it's just fun to make fun of his autism, and it's better than talking about armored core or Autistic DS2 fag bitching about nostalgia.
>>
>>161944292
it's a lie
>>
File: bloodlust glitch.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
bloodlust glitch.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>161943685
>>161943948

>843 AR with a guaranteed 3-hit combo

Shhhh, don't tell Scott.

>>161943790

Literally who?
>>
>>161944557
That dude totally pozzed up my neg hole.
>>
>>161943596

Not for someone that gets thrown in f
gank squads 24/7 because From is catering to pussies to the point were invasions re one sided stomps 90% of the time.
>>
>>161944557
Oh the bloodlust swap, I see.
The thing is, you are usually not going to hit someone that isn't retarded without a trade to make use of the ring potential
>>
File: 1477411252043.gif (803KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1477411252043.gif
803KB, 280x210px
>>161943102
>>161943410
>>161943639
>>161944149
>>161944213
What a poor excuse for garbage. He's probably an outcast around those in his daily life too.
>>
>>161941598
Is it over already?
>>
>>161944823
No
>>
File: Chaos-Blade.png (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos-Blade.png
33KB, 512x512px
How is this hot babe ?
>>
>>161944557
>Literally who?
Not him but a youtuber. Once he or any streamer finds out about your trick, he's going to bank it in a video for easy yt money.
>>
File: 143560594147.jpg (21KB, 226x273px) Image search: [Google]
143560594147.jpg
21KB, 226x273px
>people think that making a bunch of shitty meme images of me suddenly disproves the fact that I am the authority of this thread.
>>
>>161944914
Yeah that looks like a katana
>>
File: 8f88f5d181b42f61d5eab1f1dc9fbf6d.png (477KB, 714x1022px) Image search: [Google]
8f88f5d181b42f61d5eab1f1dc9fbf6d.png
477KB, 714x1022px
>>161944936
Keep false flagging.
>>
>>161944557
Good to see people still keeping up the 27 VIT meme
>>
>>161944557
Shit, you dont even have to do a buff before the bloodlust swap? What the fuck why is that working now but not in the past? How does From keep making these bugs?
>>
>>161945096
>1273 dmg in the arena
That's at least 36 vig and life ring +3
>>
dumb animeposters
>>
>>161945310
Not so
With 35 vigor you break 1300
>>
dumb false flaggers
>>
>>161945441
>come on to an anime website
>and complain about anime posters
>>
File: The dream - Valicia.jpg (250KB, 1086x486px) Image search: [Google]
The dream - Valicia.jpg
250KB, 1086x486px
where is lothric on this map?
>>
>>161945520
dumb is the operative word here
>>
>>161944672

Doesn't matter. On medium-armoured SL120 opponents the combo deals about 1500 damage. Without Lloyd's Sword ring the AR drops from 843 to 766, dropping the total damage to about 1350 damage. Only people with 39+ Vig + Life Ring+3 + FAP ring+2 are going to survive that still.

>>161944934

Really now. I've played against Oroboro and yukaslegion already, so I guess this one goes on the list as well.

>>161945468

35 Vigor is 1143 HP familie.

>>161945148

All the other buffs I tried overwrite it, so that doesn't work.
>>
>>161945468
arena is unembered retard
>>
File: a9288a48907387b24f6cbe4c7572d413.png (721KB, 840x1227px) Image search: [Google]
a9288a48907387b24f6cbe4c7572d413.png
721KB, 840x1227px
>>161945662
>tfw you'll never play against otzdarva
I want to so bad
>>
>>161945867
He's pretty shit and gets salty easy.
>>
>>161945867
can you stop posting dykes thanks
>>
>there are people on this board that unironically believe Dark Souls 3 is the best souls game
>>
File: fb40728a1f1700baab5d32229b551b11.jpg (416KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fb40728a1f1700baab5d32229b551b11.jpg
416KB, 960x1280px
>>161945985
>Has long hair
i don't understand
>>161945898
That is funny though.
>>
Can you use the new glitch to shoot fast sword lasers with the MLGS or GS of Judgement?
>>
>>161927192

I'll take a game like shadow tower that doesn't have a preachy as fuck chorus that shouts AAOOOHHH AND OOOAAAHH every fight.
>>
>>161946178
Tootsie pop doesn't work with the charge WA like ornstein spear or mlgs
>>
File: pepe rage.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rage.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>161946586
>Tootsie pop
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT
>>
>>161946781
Oh fuck off frogposter.
>>
File: 1457491662265.jpg (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457491662265.jpg
38KB, 250x250px
>>161946586
>Tootsie pop
Why are we calling this glitch tootsie pop?
>>
>>161946948
some guy said it 3 days ago and it stuck so i see no reason to keep changing it around and stick to one uniform one

its not like any of the "tech" names make any sense in the first place, besides id rather tootsie pop over some dumb shake n bake shit
>>
>>161946948
the jojoshitposter wants it to be called tootsie pop because it's food related
>>
>>161946948
Because the guy who was making webms for it called it shake n' bake and then it got called cock n block and now it's tootsie pop, which is easily the worst name out of the 3
>>
File: Reinforced Club 2.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Reinforced Club 2.webm
3MB, 750x422px
This is just getting ridiculous.

I'm wondering how many broken combos there are now.
>>
>>161946586

But what about my OG GS of Judgement?
>>
>>161946948
Souls tech is historically named after food to help remind people to not take this game's pvp too seriously because it's a fucking RPG and not street fighter.

The more useful the tech is, the sillier the name should be.
>>
File: tumblr_nhju4edYgP1tvfm0ko1_1280.jpg (405KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhju4edYgP1tvfm0ko1_1280.jpg
405KB, 1280x1600px
>>161942548
>be Ivory King
>hail from the best kingdom Forossa, known for producing the strongest knights and that one dude who got his fucking head chopped off but his decapitated body kept killing
>go start your own kingdom after Forossa finally kicks it to one of those multi-front wars they loved so much
>tame no less than THREE giant, sabre-tooth arctic tigers
>marry the manifestation of humanities fear, be so cool and handsome she falls in love with you
>go down and hold back the chaos fire, you and your waifu save countless lives by stalling out the demons since their flames will eventually go out
>>
>>161947230
>tame no less than THREE giant, sabre-tooth arctic tigers
Seven. But I suppose seven is not less than three.
>>
File: 1473284880315.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473284880315.gif
2MB, 300x264px
>>161947098
>called it shake n' bake and then it got called cock n block and now it's tootsie pop
Are you fucking serious they're all garbage names

They don't make any sense. Did some diabetic fucktwat name them?
>>
>>161947454
Why not the chocolate swirl?
>>
>>161947098
guy making webms didnt even discover it he found it on steam and then started making webms lol
someone said tootsie pop way before he said shake n bake
i dont really care for the names but like >>161947057
said id rather stick to one uniform one
>>
>>161946948
The Profaned GS one is called Firefly though.
>>
>>161947501
actually, I found it on here not steam, but it is whatever people want to call it. I realize it's going to be patched way before it matters

>>161947610
So:
Standard blanket name is Tootsie pop
Profaned GS is Firefly
Winged Knight Halberd is ShakeNBake

That's pretty fucking funny
>>
File: 1477284030689.gif (16KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477284030689.gif
16KB, 500x400px
>>161943645
>Fuck, why was Ashes of Ariandel so disappointing?
>expected to finally face off tag team Velka and Allfather Llyod
>instead we got a literal who painter and a Sable Church flavored Maria
>even the boss became a 3-stage meme that was all fluff
>>
How about "What goes around comes around" as the name for the glitch. Or Wgaca for short.
>>
>>161947719
And FUGS is Block n cock, don't forget that one
>>
>>161947725
Wait I got a new one.

"The bigger they are the harder they fall"
>>
Where can a level 64 invade for PvP 'cos I got no idea where the good spots are man.
>>
>>161947725
How about "That One Exploit or Glitch that completely skips the intial start up animation for Weapon Arts using Weapon Art Shields by holding block while walking forward and then pressing L2 shortly followed by R2 exactly one frame after pressing L2 to perform your WA L2R2 second hit without the initial start up"

T1EoGtcstisafWAuWAsbhbwwfatpL2sfbR2e1fapL2tpyWA for short?
>>
>>161947725
How about we call it "newfaggot tears"
You can be the namesake.
>>
Can you fags in the FC ever attack? It's like I'm playing against Scott.
>>
>>161947876
I like this one. This is good.
>>
>>161947725
Hey i got one how about "Make america great again"?
>>
NMS I hope you recorded that stomp juke. That's the best thing I've seen all night
>>
File: BANNED.png (84KB, 977x368px) Image search: [Google]
BANNED.png
84KB, 977x368px
>>161947905
Sorry, you just got banned from all FC.

>>161947932
Someone suggested "Trump's Sunday Special"
>>
>>161947905
Who are the worst offenders? Name and shame
>>
I'm gonna call the new glitch my peanus-weanus heheh
>>
>>161947161
>Souls tech is historically named after food
no? the only food named tech was the ravioli step (which was a retarded name used by newfags)
running firestorm, pushlock, toggle escape, backstab cancel etc ... at least you can tell what people are talking about
>>
>>161948089
Burrito combo too.
>>
>>161947905
Who?
>>
File: uncorrupted.png (114KB, 241x277px) Image search: [Google]
uncorrupted.png
114KB, 241x277px
UNCORRUPTED WHEN
>>
File: 1478738561800.png (58KB, 171x182px) Image search: [Google]
1478738561800.png
58KB, 171x182px
>>161947230
>strongest knight in the order of dual-sword wielding badasses
>likely arm wrestled Vengarl while sharing pints like manly men
>when kingdom kicks it, brings former forrosans to a cold kingdom and becomes their king instead of dirty mercenary work
>builds his throne on top of the gates to hell just to watch over it
>when push came to shove, jumps straight into hell instead of running away like a bitch or getting off by a demon
>waifu so loyal that she waits for an eternity and would bring a champion to finish the job
>>
>>161948038

I did not, but it'll live in our memories at least.
>>
All right I looked at the OP. What's Aldritch Forest though?
>>
>>161948240
Post Pontiff.
>>
File: 1480624648122.png (298KB, 808x494px) Image search: [Google]
1480624648122.png
298KB, 808x494px
>>161948301
Okay.
>>
>>161948165
let's just hope never
>>
All three dark souls games are equally good and all have their own set of flaws that prevent it from being truly great.
>>
File: SotFS_Mytha.jpg (1MB, 1153x673px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Mytha.jpg
1MB, 1153x673px
>Alright Miyazaki, what's your idea for the next boss? Remember, it should have a striking visual design, but also fit within the world, and have a twist that can make for a great gameplay mechanic
>A gorgon
>...and? A gorgon that does...?
>Just a gorgon
>>
>>161948165
never
and burial knight > vilhelm's poncho
>>
>>161948519
Miyazaki didn't design DaS2
>>
>>161948519
>Dark Souls 2
>Miyazaki
?
>>
>>161948519
>DaS2
>Miyazaki
?
also why the fuck does her soul let you make a shitty dagger when she uses a trident
>>
What level should I be to invade as a watchdog? Sl 95 right now and I invade about once every 2 months.
>>
>>161948678
lmao you are like 50 levels too high
>>
>>161948301
That cathedral/spire place where when you go passed the Deacons there's silver knights?
I'm right there and I got no one so far.
>>
>>161947905
Maybe you're using something good and they're scared of attacking.
>>
File: 1480892142322.gif (352KB, 550x192px) Image search: [Google]
1480892142322.gif
352KB, 550x192px
>>161948665
>a trident
A poison/sorcery trident?
>>
>>161948519
>That severed head
Hnnnng
>>
>>161948519
don't worry man it's ok when Miyazaki does it.
>>
>>161946364
shadow tower doesn't have any music, it started the "no music is better" meme that has plagued the series since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr25W2Usn3Q
>when you fight the player character from KF1 at the end of the series you get this rad intro music and a cutscene before the fight

>when fighting soul of cinder he just gets up and attacks you
>phase 2 ruins the music with MEMBER GWYN

at least bloodborne used the moonlight sword's theme as the basis for ludwig's phase 2 music, that was cool
>>
>>161948871
>those bountiful boobies
Hnnnnng
>>
Anyone know a fun DS1 pyro build?
>>
>>161949204
There's no such thing as a DS1 pyro build. It's just a dex build with a side of attunement.
>>
>>161949204
>Pick Pyro.
>Stick to level 1.
>Upgrade flame to max. .
>Get sorcery rings, and dusk crown.
Watch as level 100+ faggots get the shit kicked out of them by a low level. Don't go twinking
>>
>>161949204
black flame
BLACK FLAME
>>
>>161949204
>Dragon form only
>45 dex
>However much attunement you want
>Offhand Quelagg's Furysword for guaranteed roar->offhand slash combo

I did a lot of stupid shit back in DaS1, don't even get me started on my deadangle darkmoon blade great scythe build :^)
>>
>be pyro on DaS1
>feast on n00bz
>>
>>161949021

I'm new to KF, but I love the music. I'm glad people in the general are learning to appreciate it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRn_gfltbhw&list=PLMHCGC8qP5422kYz3kVp8e2NiFfeMCA3m
>>
>>161949204
99 vit 40 end full havel
>>
Just got an Xbone, and playing Dark Souls 3, which happens to be my first souls game.

Why am I so shit at this game.

I'm trying to play a dex character, because I wanted to be fast with swords and shit, but I don't think that was a smart decision.
I can't even begin to understand how magic works in this game.
Should I just re-roll as your average Stronk warrior?
>>
Can you do the Tootsie Pop on PS4/XB1 or is this PC exclusive tech? I can't seem to pull it off. (Using Storm King's Curved Sword)
>>
>>161949992
You can do it literally anywhere
>>
File: beyond mad.jpg (10KB, 359x355px) Image search: [Google]
beyond mad.jpg
10KB, 359x355px
>>161949992
>Tootsie Pop
STOP
T
O
P
>>
>>161949889
Easy mode is Knight start with fire gem. Straight sword R1s don't need thought, fire infuse is good early, you get kick ass armor and a decent shield.
>>
>>161950160
Nigger the name is whatever the fuck people call it. It's going to be patched before it matters
>>
>>161950238
What are the odds the bug becomes replicable somewhere else?
>>
>>161949992
You're probably pressing L2+R2 or LB+RB at the same time it's L2~R2. R2 needs to come out exactly one frame after pressing L2.

Walk (not run) forward, hold L1. L2~R2.
>>161950160
Shut the fuck up frogposter.
>>
>tfw Tootsie Popping unsuspecting scrubs
Feels good
>>
Bad artist drawing your shit fashion, give me image of your character
>>
>>161950193
So, re-roll as a stronk warrior?
Is magic even worth it in this game? Seems like you can only cast a few spells before you're out. Not too sure how it works, sorry if I'm annoying.
>>
>>161950160
t. Aerthas
>>
>>161950485
Fallen knight set with artorias helmet. Shield of want and dark sword
>>
Is it called tootsie pop because it takes 3 licks to get to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
>>
>>161950467
>tfw cant get the tootsie pop right
>>
yo dsg, got any tootsie pop that aren't profaned flavor??
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-05+at+10.32.01).png (61KB, 738x448px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-05+at+10.32.01).png
61KB, 738x448px
>>161950516
yup.

In actuality it's vincent the jojoposter.
>>
>>161950492
Magic is top 3 ez mode PvE builds along with bleed and pyromancy. Once you reach Orbeck and get Hidden Body, Spook, and Great Heavy Soul Arrow, you just kinda run past everything then blast bosses to death. Estus management is annoying, especially in invasions, but it isnt as bad as you think
>>
>>161950695
Why does it say >>161950238 is me? I know I didn't post that.
>>
>>161950792
holy shit I thought it was just me. what's going on?!?!?!?!
>>
>>161950782
Man, magic sounds confusing as fuck. I'll just go stronk warrior. Thank you.
>>
File: 038.jpg (33KB, 484x483px) Image search: [Google]
038.jpg
33KB, 484x483px
I'm bored and I had an idea, /dsg/...we should make another covenant! Maybe this time, we should center it around a meme weapon.
Would anyone be up for this? If so, what weapon would you like it to be built around?
>>
>>161950792
4chanX. Dashed lines is you, solid is the reply to you.
>>
>>161949839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTK9xWZ4obQ

>this is a TITLE SCREEN
the only better title theme since has been DaS3

i hope the next FROM title is drenched in harpsichord
>>
File: rose_of_ariandel.png (7KB, 113x123px) Image search: [Google]
rose_of_ariandel.png
7KB, 113x123px
>>161950871
>>
I can't find anyone anywhere no matter where I go I'm level 64 with a 10+ raw Astora's Straight Sword and a 7+ pyromancy flame is this what's doing it?
>>
>>161950869
Magic is like melee but stronger at range and worse at close range because everyone else has better swords. Here's how it works:
>Equip a staff
>Equip spells at a bonfire, costs attunement slots
>Start blasting shit
>>
Ah...Finally taken notice have you?
>>
File: gargoyle_flame_hammer.png (17KB, 188x281px) Image search: [Google]
gargoyle_flame_hammer.png
17KB, 188x281px
>>161950871
Maybe this or Follower Torch? We could be Torch Bros or something shitty like that.
>>
Someone please explain diminishing returns in DS1 to me like they would a child
>>
>>161950782
>>161950869
This guy is bullshit don't believe his lies.
Sorcery in DS3 is a meme, boring and cookie cutter as fuck.
If it's actually your first Souls game, running through with spook and invis body is a shitty way to experience it and liable to get you spanked by bosses, especially a really important one that doesn't let you auto target.

Pyromancy is your best bet for offensive magic, and miracles are good for PVE.

Dex fagging is fine so you don't really have to reroll, but quality knight will just afk through the game and use a lot of different weapons.
>>
>>161950871
estoc :^)
>>
>>161951120
Maybe we can all use havel shield with some spear and make formations.
>>
File: follower_javelin.png (10KB, 192x290px) Image search: [Google]
follower_javelin.png
10KB, 192x290px
>>161951223
Follower Javelin and Plank Shield maybe?
We could go fucking caveman style on their asses.
>>
Damn I got tootsie pop'd by a bkh faggot hard
>>
File: fury.png (220KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
fury.png
220KB, 858x725px
>>161951397
STOP
SAYING
THAAAAAAAT
>>
>>161951337
No! If we had havel shields and pikes we could gank people with formations!

>>161951397
was he called Aerthas careful he cheats cat ring keep your eyes peeled
>>
>>161951157
I never said magic was good, just broken for PvE. Unless you're fighting Deacons or Oceiros, youve got everything you need to beat the game an hour in.
>>
>>161951598
those damn cat rings! How could he!
>>
>>161951582
Will you just fuck off and die?
>>
>>161951397

Well I got tootsie roll'd
>>
>>161951715
do you think you can do the toothsie pop with the crow rapier
>>
File: 59756770_p1_master1200.jpg (499KB, 741x979px) Image search: [Google]
59756770_p1_master1200.jpg
499KB, 741x979px
FC over for now, thank you all for coming
>>
>>161951972
Thank you for hosting
>>
>>161951972
Thanks for hosting.
>>
>>161951972
thanks for hosting Witch
>>
>>161951814
Can't.
>>
>>161952209
what a shame
>>
Does anyone have the DaS1 thicc CE image?
>>
>>161952209
>>161952297
We got a list of tootsie pop viable weapons yet?
>>
File: TootsiePop_FEAT-970x545.jpg (109KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
TootsiePop_FEAT-970x545.jpg
109KB, 970x545px
>>161952379
ask ur mom
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 177x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 177x183px
>>161952624
She told me to go to bed.
>>
>>161952379
Basically weapons that have 2 steps in the WA or better explanation is a WA that you do the WA, and you can do another R2 action with it.

For example:
WA stomp followed by R2 attack with UGS
WA Start spin followed by R2 continue spin with halberds.
WA Start spin followed by R2 continue spin with curved swords

So the WA needs to be able to continue with the R2 attack.
>>
>>161952854
So, charge would work? It's basically the R2-R2 continuation of the WA? Neat.
>>
>>161952903
Charge only has 1 part of the WA expect for Gundyr's but for some reason it doesn't work with it.

No charge WA works at all.
>>
File: 1310955494544.png (15KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
1310955494544.png
15KB, 200x207px
so I've finished DS3 on my shitty character and beaten all the optional bosses.

Do I:
>make an autistic checklist for all the unique items I missed and go get them
or
>buy the DLC
or
>go to ng+ so I can do my autism checklist while getting lots more souls

I feel like I failed every npc quest line too, can't find patches, siegward, or miracle lady, greirat died, etc
>>
>>161952379
Every WA that has an R2 followup with the following notable exceptions:

All versions of Charge
Drang Hammers
Demon Fists
Crow Quills
Quakestone
Follower Sabre
Old King's Greathammer

Presumably, these ones don't work because they treat input queuing slightly differently due to their long initial animation
>>
>>161953084
wait until the second DLC is out to play them together. first dlc by itself is not an incredible experience
>>
>>161953084
There already is a checklist in the DS3 google docs page in the OP. Pick the one that actually has check boxes. It will guide you through full completion and all NPC stories.

>>161953163
Yes that.

Captcha: CALLE FUCKING CALLE
>>
File: o shit.png (180KB, 751x548px) Image search: [Google]
o shit.png
180KB, 751x548px
So how many of you have finally gone back to Scholar?
>>
File: IMG_2020.jpg (63KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2020.jpg
63KB, 820x461px
Dark/Demons souls veteran here, just starting the new dlc after life reasons delayed getting thing on launch

Only problem is my DS3 data was deleted due to me being a fucktard.

Now i need to start a new character, what do i need to be before starting the DLC?

I love a challenge (why im here), but i dont enjoy bullet sponges.
>>
>>161951602
You can pestilent mercury Deacons and demolish them.

But still, new players probably shouldn't do a boss rush that will leave them underleveled lol.
>>
>>161953181
well, my only reservation is that going into ng+ will make dlc hard if I play it. I did the ds2 dlc before Scholar came out at ng+3 and I had a hard time. Also, wouldn't it make sense to do the first one now, considering if you are telling me I should play both? the season pass is cheaper, and I don't see it going on sale until easter. I've waited this long to play DS3, guess I could wait longer.

>>161953219
Thanks. does this list appear in the proper order to get "good" endings for each NPC? Is such a thing even possible, or do they conflict so you can't save them all?
http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/
>>
>>161953675
Yup. The only thing that you have to choose between is Anri's questline if you want lord of hollows (the best) ending.
>>
>>161953598
After I beat each game a few times, the only draw that is still left is the PvP, and the PvP in across all Souls games is complete shit, so I feel no inclination to go back to any previous game when all I'm doing is trading one piece of shit for another slightly staler piece of shit.
>>
>>161953717
alright. I touched the bonfire, I think. guess I need to brush up on watching some based vaati videos to learn the story lol!
>>
>>161953675
i played the DLC in ng+7 and it didn't change much. It's sort of empty. fun, because it's dark souls, but also with a lack of soul. with second DLC it should be fine though.
>>
>>161953878
DS2 has the best pvp what are you talking about
>>
>>161953598
I've never had as much fun as i have invading full pyro in shulva with all the dlc pyromancies, its fucking amazing.

Its my unwinding time, and i love it so much
>>
Guys I really like the Profaned UGS. tell me why it's shit and what's my better option for a UGS?
>>
>>161953942
Everything I've read about it, including your post, says it's not worth money.
>>
>>161954012
it is! trust me! it's dark souls after all...
>>
>>161953640
DLC can be accessed as soon as you reach Cathedral of the Deep on a new character. A dev message warns you to turn back until you've cleared Lothric Castle.

Fromsoft officially recommends level 80 and +10 for NG. Depending on your skill level, you can definitely get away with significantly lower. If you intend to fight things instead of sprinting past, I'd definitely recommend at least a +6 weapon. Combat in the DLC isn't terribly difficult outside of a couple setpiece gangbang encounters and the final boss.
>>
>>161953974
nah m8, its shit. Trust me I've sunk like 450 hours into invasions and arenafaggotry in that game alone and it is complete shit just like how DS1's pvp was shit and how DS3's pvp is currently shit. And this is coming from somebody who actually likes DS2
>>
>>161954167
Thanks a lot for this information, i'll get to +5 at least and then feel it out.

Why do they even put the DLC trigger before you're high enough level?

If i cant kill a boss without knowing all its moves by heart, im a scrub anyway.
>>
File: 1429254672262.jpg (238KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429254672262.jpg
238KB, 600x500px
>>161954180
>the pvp is so shit I spent 450 hours doing it
>>
>>161954120
poe's law in action
>>
>>161954367
They did it in BB too. Church ward is what, BL20 ish? Cause the woods are BL30.
>>
>>161954384
i mean it but i'm also sad
>>
>>161943162
Thank you, I try.
>>
>>161954373
I didn't say that I don't have shit taste
>>
Can anyone on PC drop me a hornet ring?
>>
>>161954445
I havent done BB DLC either, after playing DS1/2 dlc im sure its got amazing level design like the rest of the shit they've made

From what i've seen, they are amazing at simple levels, and the more complicated they get, the worse the game is.

God im so fucking excited for this, thanks for replying
>>
>>161954001
Profaned is probably the best all around UGS now that the Astora GS has been nerfed.

-Average Reach
-Highest AR among the horizontal UGS (3rd highest overall)
-Built-in WA buff (roughly as strong as a resin)
-Free bonus fire damage on charged R2s (stacks with WA buff)

Downsides are that its stamina cost is above-average and it's unbuffable outside of the WA. Some people still prefer the zwei or astora mainly because they trade about 60AR for more reach, lower stamina costs and the option to buff.
>>
>>161954601
You haven't played ToH? What the fuck are you doing playing DS3? Man. You make me angry and excited. Go play it. Literally the best DLC from FromSoft ever. Legitimately makes the game better. Fuck you.
>>
File: ds2.jpg (102KB, 589x369px) Image search: [Google]
ds2.jpg
102KB, 589x369px
Disregarding the dlc content and graphics differences, which is the better game?

I mean, you could go back to vanilla DS2 and have an easier time abusing the abundance of copies of that ring that lets you die and not lose souls, and then repair it for pennies. But SOTFS enemy placement increasing the difficulty is really exaggerated in my opinion. The hallway before velstadt as well as dragon aerie both come to mind as being much easier than they used to be.

What else is there that's important? If you go back to DS2 what game do you play? Is scholar the direct upgrade, the director's cut? Or is there something in the original you like better?
>>
>>161954673
charge wa in ags is great however
>>
>>161954673
What about Twin Princes UGS? Or is it a GS? Hmm.

I like the weapon arts on all of them but the TP looks like shit.
>>
>>161954749
Life keeps coming calling man, i wish i could immerse myself in every part of the game like i used too, but kids and shit.
>>
File: ea4.png (94KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
ea4.png
94KB, 396x385px
Say Tootsie Pop one more time
Say it one more god damn time
I fucking dare you
>>
How do you do the tootsie pop?
>>
File: 1459640118344.jpg (10KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
1459640118344.jpg
10KB, 208x242px
>tfw sieg died against yhorm in my last playthrough

I fullfilled your promise, you crazy onion
>>
>>161954834
TP is a Greatsword
Lorian's is the UGS. It's a twink powerhouse thanks to its WA but it falls off at meta levels because of poor scaling and split damage. It's also the shortest horizontal UGS.
>>
>>161954859
That's rough anon. At least you get to legitimately enjoy and savor the time you can immerse in games. The rest of us are getting burnt out and exhausted of always playing. Hence our shit attitude towards everything.

I hope you get some time to play it, it's the only game I've ever platinumed and that's saying something. My favorite game of all time and the DLC is god tier. Good luck in life faggot.
>>
>>161954773
Scholar is definitely not a direct upgrade to me, but it atleast doubled the hours i spent on the game.

The best time i've ever had is boosting a friend through DS2Schollar, i fucking enjoyed every moment and the game with my friends made me happier then i've ever been.
>>
>>161954932

Walk (not run) forward, hold L1. L2~R2.
>>
>>161955004
Thanks for the information anon. I'll probably hit SL100/120 and bust out the profaned UGS. You're a saint.
>>
>>161954874
Plot twist: frogposter actually likes the name "tootsie pop" and is making sure it is used by being super whiny and edgy about hating it, so people feel inspired to call it tootsie pop despite this

I'm just going to keep calling it tootsie pop now just to spite you.
>>
Is there one of these
http://dscmstat.us/
for DS2?
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 784x708px
>>161955076
HOLY SHIT I DID IT THATS OP

But doesn't Stomp WA increase poise? Do I really wanna skip that step if I'm attempting to trade?
>>
>>161955209
You'll still get the poise my famalam
>>
>>161955010
Thanks anon, i fucking enjoy this shit even more when i've been waiting for months for it.

Talking to you guys makes the experience even better.

Im gonna go fuck my wife now.
>>
>>161954773
Scholar is a better game, by far. They fixed some of the bugs, but most importantly added in a bunch of items that made getting through the game necessary.

Summary of the changes:
1. A lot of great lore explanation added
2. two bonfires changed position so that it's actually a safe place to sit down (they were near enemies before)
3. Added a third ending
4. *ADDED THE MOTHERFUCKING AGAPE RING* this is an absolute must for PvP since it lets you halt your soul memory progress. This alone should have been in the game from start.
5. Added watchdragon parma's effect. This is good because in the original game it had no actual effect, but in SOTFS it matches its description. Basically is the only way to boost item discovery until you get the gold serpent ring.
6. DLC keys are now found throughout the main game, making it play as if the DLC was part of the game from the start.

The rest are small stat changes.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
>>161955270
>>
>>161955334
Also 7. They added the forlorn set and forlorn sword + scythe, which are weapons that scale with hollowing.
>>
>>161955334
>This alone should have been in the game from start.
how about no soul memory from the start
>>
>>161955334
you forgot:

7. Added a bunch of obnoxious fragrant branch of yore statues, restricting your path through the game for no reason.
>>
>>161955446
Soul memory makes sense as long as you don't count souls spent on equipment you're not currently using. That's basically what DS3 did, they removed armor upgrades and made it soul level + weapon upgrade, which is LITERALLY the exact same as soul memory if you don't count more than 1 upgraded weapon.

The whole point of soul memory is to punish people who have extremely good equipment at a low soul level. But they just made it based on ALL the equipment you have upgraded, not just what the most expensive thing you have equipped.
>>
>>161955490
They also added way more branches. The only statue you can't unfreeze as soon as you see it is the one in things betwixt and the one in heide's tower, one of which leads to a troll and pursuer fight (which you don't want to do until later) and the other just leads to an estus flask shard (which you have 4 of already by the time you get there).

After that point, literally 3 hours into the game and beyond, you always have more branches than statues available.

The status did nothing to restrict your progress.
>>
>unironically calling the Shake n' Bake the tootsie pop
what is wrong with this general
>>
>>161955721
>The status did nothing to restrict your progress.
I guess that's why every time I've tried to play scholar, I've been constantly impeded by those retarded statues.

Sure, if you know where all the branches are, maybe it's not a problem, but I don't know where they all are and I never cared to learn, and if they do nothing to restrict progress, why the fuck are they there to begin with?

The entire fragrant branch statue concept was a fucking miserable idea to begin with, and so was the pharros lockstone shit, and then they doubled down on it.
>>
>>161955771
How was that in any context a response to what I just said?
>>
>>161955606
yeah but it was terrible. It's like adding a time limit to dark souls.
>>
>>161955771
>mfw Americans call sparkle twists "Shake n' Bake"
>>
>>161955606
This post is retarded. The DS3 system accomplishes what soul memory was trying to do far more elegantly, and without the horrible parts of it. So it's not LITERALLY the same.
>>
>>161956021
That's literally not even a valid response to what I posted.
>>
>>161955947
Why are we bothering to name something that's going to get whined out of the game? Seriously it makes WA's useful and a whole ton of shitters are going to get this shit patched out.
>>
>>161956049
Yeah it is. You're defending soul memory as basically a good idea, which is "basically what dark souls 3 did", and you're wrong.

Soul memory was like using a nuclear bomb to swat a fly. It boggles the mind how the devs thought it was a reasonable system.
>>
>>161956212
Are you being retarded on purpose?
2016 /dsg/ in a nutshell
>>
>>161956147
tootsie pop period.
>>
>>161956256
Say something of substance or shut the fuck up.
>>
just had a revelation

I think both sides would be happy if it was called "Poopsie tot"
>>
>>161956327
It's not actually my favorite but I thought it should be represented.
I don't expect social retards like you to understand.
>>
File: Poison Gem.png (191KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Gem.png
191KB, 512x512px
JUST fuck my status effect UP
>>
Just found a boltstone in DS2. What is a good weapon to make zappy?
>>
DaS2's only flaw was SM, however if you did not play online than SM didn't effect you.
>>
>>161956789
Any already inherently zappy weapon, especially if you plan on buffing it, or it has a built-in buff like the Defender Greatsword.
>>
>>161956843
Nice. Why did you make this post though?
>>
>>161956843
And no full eye orbs, but ditto.

Both issues are bypassed via save backups.
>>
>>161956875
I'm on a faith build. Think good weapons that can be used with a character with noodly arms.
>>
I'm feeling dirty using tootsie pop with Profaned GS lol. As much as I want this tech to stay, I feel like it's going to go. I just knocked 3 guys in the air at once lmao
>>
I saw a tier list that says Lost Sinner's Sword is top tier with no sin, but is mediocire with sin. WTF?

I just ran the numbers for Lost Sinner's Sword in DS2, and if you have no sin, max damage is ~576.

But if you go raw, then you get 529 even at max sin. It drops about 15 AR per sin, so basically there's NO reason to go raw unless you're under 3 sins and have already invested lots of points in str/dex

Raw LSS at 30 sin, 24 str, 18 dex: ~535 damage at 30 stat investment

Uninfused at 0 sin, 50 str, 18 dex: ~556 damage at 56 stat investment

So why the fuck would ANYONE care about sin on the LSS? Just go raw, you lose ~20 AR but you remove the damage loss from sinning AND you don't have to invest points into strength to get max damage.

By comparison, Pursuer's is 534 at 50/18 and 492 at 28/18. Even on counter hits (pursuer has 140 counter) it's still weaker for the same stat investment, and the same damage.

I don't get why LSS is shit tier if you sin, using it raw as a sinner is literally the best way to use it.
>>
>>161956956
Nice. Why did you make this post though?
>>
>>161956843
I feel like after a certain level, soul memory should have been removed and then replaced with usual SL matchmaking

I say this because the whole reason SM was created was to stop twinks, but all it did in the end was fuck over pvp players later in the game.

If they stopped SM matchmaking at say sl 100, the game would have been fine.

I hate fromsoft for ruining my favorite souls game with SM, and hate them even more for not fixing it in SotFS

Also Arena matchmaking was stupid
>>
>>161957048
Who do you think you're responding to?
>>
>>161956843
>DaS2's only flaw was SM
And the sluggish controls.

Terrible level design.

Ugly graphics.

Bad bosses.

Dumb Lore.

And just generally the comprehensive low quality of the entire production from top to bottom.

But yeah besides all that it's great.
>>
https://youtu.be/VC7_mHFWZ2g
>>
>>161957138
What does this post have to do with DaS2?
>>
>>161957269
everything
>>
>>161956993
How noodly are we talking here?

Heide Knight Sword is 11/10 Str/Dex. It doesn't have the more popular straight sword moveset, but it's a fine weapon for faith builds, and can be farmed early in the game.
>>
>>161957138
>And the sluggish controls.
Opinion
>Terrible level design.
The word you are looking for is world design, the individual levels were good.
>Ugly graphics.
Console limitations
>Bad bosses.
All bosses pre BB are bad bosses, they were still unique encounters rather than "epic man fights"
>Dumb Lore.
Explain
>And just generally the comprehensive low quality of the entire production from top to bottom.
Yeah, they literally used recycle scraps to put together a game because of bamco
>But yeah besides all that it's great.
It is
>>
>>161957294
need a tissue for the tears?
>>
>>161957138
>quote a post talking about DaS2
>describe DaS3

Weird.
>>
>>161957357
>Opinion
Opinion
>The word you are looking for is world design, the individual levels were good
Opinion
>Console limitations
Opinion
>All bosses pre BB are bad bosses, they were still unique encounters rather than "epic man fights"
Opinion
>Yeah, they literally used recycle scraps to put together a game because of bamco
Opinion
>It is
Opinion
>>
>>161957357
>The word you are looking for is world design, the individual levels were good.
im not that guy, but they were both bad. though i will say the world design is better than das3's.
>>
>>161957449
>Your post
Shitpost
>>
>>161956789
>>161956993
Heide Spear, then buff it with gold resins.

Lightning heide spear + 10 at 12/25 and 50 fth is 201+17 physical and 144+98 lightning.

After defenses that's ~287 (118+169) damage.

Buff it with lightning and you get 379 (!) pure lightning damage, for a total AR of 218+379, or about 383 damage per hit. That's a light, low equip spear that hits in greatsword territory for damage, and gets a counter boost from leo ring.

You can pick it up in the lost bastille.
>>
File: ya.png (2KB, 536x21px) Image search: [Google]
ya.png
2KB, 536x21px
Is this how our general ends?
>>
>>161957534
>our
sorry this is private property
>>
>>161957357
>the individual levels were good.
No they weren't.
>Console limitations
Demon's souls and dark souls were both less ugly.
>All bosses pre BB are bad bosses, they were still unique encounters rather than "epic man fights"
All of them were "epic man fights", and they were worse than the "epic man fights" in the previous games.
>Explain
It's dumb.
>Yeah, they literally used recycle scraps to put together a game because of bamco
A misguided production, managed poorly, resulting in an abortive product.

Dark Souls 2 is a bad video game.
>>
>>161957701
>No they weren't.
Yes they were.
>Demon's souls and dark souls were both less ugly.
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were designed with PS3 hardware in mind, DaS2 should've been a PS4 game.
>All of them were "epic man fights", and they were worse than the "epic man fights" in the previous games.
Wrong.
>It's dumb.
It isn't though.
>A misguided production, managed poorly, resulting in an abortive product.
It's honestly impressive it turned out as good as it did considering the development hell it went through.
>>
>>161957701
>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
>opinion

etc.
>>
opinion
>>
>>161957949
>DaS2
>good
i think a coup is long overdue
we need to clean up trash like >>161957949
>>
File: 02.jpg (86KB, 764x573px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
86KB, 764x573px
>>161958069
Sorry, Miyazacucks are not welcome here anymore.
>>
>>161958117
I don't care about this jap I just don't want to play shitty video games like dark souls 2.
>>
Illcucks literally falling for das2 is bad meme
You should lurk more
>>
File: 1478139457329.png (195KB, 804x804px) Image search: [Google]
1478139457329.png
195KB, 804x804px
Is there not a community for PS4 on this thread? or do I have to go to BBG and pray they're playing DS3 as well?

All I want to do is beat some pucci with my friendo's and maybe a fight club or seven.
>>
>>161958209
So don't play Dark Souls 2.
You vigorously shitposting at people who do like Dark Souls 2 only suggests you're venting disappointment in other games you've been playing lately.
>>
Gough > Artorias = Ornstein > Ciaran
>>
>>161958304
Swap ornstein with arty
>>
>>161958304
So since gough is pronounced goff does that mean smough is pronounced smoff?
>>
So did Luci die?
>>
>>161958845
I hope so.
>>
>>161958494
Smough is pronounced Smow, as per the katakana in the Jap translation. Then again it also has Ornstein being pronounced like Frankenstein.
>>
>>161958901
Yea but japanese people are retarded and miyazaki is living proof of that, he also is a total westaboo.
I will always say ornstein like berenstein bears
>>
>>161959019
Ornstain?
>>
Are people getting banned for using the mega mule for DS2 on PC?
>>
>>161959057
No i thought it was pronouned beren"steen" bears?
I've always pronounced it ornsteen
>>
Smah-ow
Oh-ran-sta-eeen
Arr-tohr-eee-us
>>
>>161959139
Gwa-yen-dah-len
>>
>>161959139
Reeeeeeeeeee-taaaaaaaaaaaaard
>>
>smah ow
this does not sound good i'm gonna keep with smow
>>
Goodnight /dsg/, I love you. *Smooch*
>>
>>161959139
Ziegmay-air-ov-the-knights-ov-cat-or-ina
It's fun being mentally handicapped.
>>161959279
Good night beautiful
>>
>>161958458
>swap equals
>>
>>161959324
I think it's supposed to be a power ratings thing but more like rock paper scissors, like ornstein and arty would for sure die a painful death against gough but it's possible arty might win against that weak ass pussy Ciaran but ornstein could lose.
>>
>>161959063
Anyone got an answer on this? I don't want to risk a ban
>>
Whats harder, landing an ultraweapon hit or a parry?
>>
>>161959727
landing an ultraweapon hit
>>
>>161959727

In PVE? Definitely a parry. In PVP, landing an ultra weapon hit on anyone who's not a fatroller is a total crapshoot.
>>
why are the das3 steam backgrounds so shit?
>>
>>161959727
Landing a bloodlust wa swapped yhorm machete rtsr/morion riposte
>>
Will my multiplayer died if I pass +2 for Road of Sacrifices/Swamp?
>>
File: shiet.png (159KB, 332x416px) Image search: [Google]
shiet.png
159KB, 332x416px
List of bullshit:

1. Poise not working for anything but ultra-weapons. What's the point of the old sword-and-board knight build when the most important stat on plate armor, poise, does fucking nothing when you're wielding a one hander?

2. Greatswords. Their range isn't long enough to compensate for their weapon speed. Even with the R1, an opponent with longer range will hit you before you can close the gap and hit them while an opponent with shorter range will close the gap and hit you before you can hit them, even if you swung first.

3. Blocking is total shit. Why does blocking consume more stamina than the attacks you block? How come in PVE, blocking an attack will cause enemies to recoil (and you'll recoil if you attack a blocking enemy) but in PVP, people can just fucking swing at the shield until the blocker runs out of stamina and gets staggered?

There, done crying.
>>
Just tried out a switch to magic from a quality melee type in DS3. I have all of the damage boosting things you can get (Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, Young Dragon Ring, Magic Clutch Ring, Scholar's Candlestick, and a +10 Court Sorceror's Staff), INT is at a moderate 42 which should be alright for SL85.

The damage seems to suck.
Looks like just about the only way to redeem it as playable is to use the Farron Flashsword technique. But then why not just go normal melee and stop worrying about FP?

My only hope was to be good at bombing bosses with damage with the Soul Spear and eventually Crystal Soul Spear. Welp.
>>
>>161960738
Oh yeah, and I have the Crown of Dusk as well. That should be all of the magic boosting stuff.
>>
>>161960638
is this copypasta from april?
>>
>>161960738

Are you new?

There were two complaints right when the game came out:

>poise does nothing
>magic damage sucks

They're still valid. We found out poise does something, but it's so bad it might as well not be in the game. Magic damage was buffed slightly, still sucks.
>>
>>161960992
>We found out poise does something, but it's so bad it might as well not be in the game.
ur a tard
>>
>>161960992
Only got the game recently, yes.
Well, time to waste another tongue and limited respec times for first playthrough to go back. At least I can now make sure my stats are perfectly distributed with no waste.
>>
File: blackmel.jpg (4KB, 92x92px) Image search: [Google]
blackmel.jpg
4KB, 92x92px
Whats goin' on guys? This IS.. Martyrsbrigade99 comin to ya once again with another session of Dark Souls... PvP.
>>
File: Semen of Dong.png (123KB, 329x271px) Image search: [Google]
Semen of Dong.png
123KB, 329x271px
>>161961056

>poise only works while 2-handing ultra-weapons
>doesn't regenerate
>only works as hyperarmor
>>
>>161961303
>poise only works while 2-handing ultra-weapons
This is just wrong, and the information about which weapons have poise frames is easily available, so yep ur a tard.

Poise is the game's hyper armor system. If it weren't in the game, the game wouldn't have a hyper armor system. If poise worked like it does in dark souls 1, the game would be nothing but people running around in full havels with carthus curved swords.
>>
>>161961149
>2 and 3 were so shit that he made a handful of videos and left again
>>
So about to respec back to melee.
Is 12 vitality the perfect sweet spot?
Can wear full Alva set, with the weapons I think I'll probably end up using, and can swap out the fourth ring for almost any ring I might want to use instead, like the gold or silver serpents, possibly the FAP ring.

Thoughts?

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/123977
>>
>>161962048
Yes
>>
>>161962048
>>161962118

Or I could make Vigor 27 and Vitality 24. More defense which saves more HP overall. Plus going from 1200 to 1000 base HP isn't so bad really. Then I can wear even heavier armor for better stats. Or still retain the option to use heavier weapons, too. Because fun.
>>
Should I drop my Claymore for the Hollowslayer GS? Or should I build that spear instead for an offhand poison poke?
>>
This site is notorious for its trolls right?
Will I get trolled constantly if I start posting here?
I would like to know how to deal with this beforehand.
Thanks!
>>
>>161963015
u gon learn today mf

*trols u*

LMAO

͏ ͏ ͏

͏ ͏ ͏

͏ ͏ ͏

͏ ͏ ͏

͏ ͏ ͏

>>
>>161928047
but he's a boy...
>>
>>161963072
Dang. This is what I was talking about.
So the stories were real?
>>
Also about naming. Am I allowed to use a name here or should I stay anonymous like the other posters?
>>
>>161963270

We all use the above name with some frequency. Feel free to join us.
>>
>>161962002
>ask him if he's going to bother playing the DLC
>flat out answers no
lol
>>
>>161963364
How would you distinguish me from other users though?
I'm really loving this website so far... if not for the occasional idiotic jokes.
>>
>>161951337
follower javelin with curse-ward greatshied?
Be the spartan, go in phalanx formation, throw spear
>>
File: TWD_ripoff.jpg (34KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
TWD_ripoff.jpg
34KB, 480x270px
>>161963434

It's kinda like Negan. We're all Lucifer.
>>
>>161963547
That's kinda cool!
I want to be one of you too.
Can I play with you guys?
This is me from two posts above by the way
>>
>>161963270
>>161963364
>>161963434
>>161963547
>>161963627
>namefagging

officially banned from my fc

t. me
>>
File: crossbow.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crossbow.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
How would you fix ds3 crossbows?
Faster bolts? More tracking? Buffable?
>>
>>161963656
Your fight club you mean? Why did you ban us?

Also what is this t?
Do you use it to sign your posts?
Do I have to do it every single time?
t PraiseTheSun Lucifer
>>
>>161963434
This website is shit. This thread is shit. The entire point of 4chan is to post random memes and images without any consequences.

As long as you remember that, you'll be okay, but this is not a forum or a place for actual discussion. This is a troll haven where no one cares about you or your opinion.

It can be fun.
>>
>>161963820
I love the funny memes and images posted here.
I've been laughing out loud at them for a few hours now and I decided to start replying to.
These are my first replies to a thread. This is a cool forum.
>>
>>161963656

t. Clai... oh wait.
>>
>>161963949
Imageboard, not a forum.

The discussion here is ancillary to the memes
>>
>>161958227
There's like 4-5 ps4 players in dsg
but at least ps4 has the biggest playerbase out of 3 platforms
pc is pretty dead tho
>>
>>161964130
What's the difference? You can post images on other forums too.
You discuss here and add images. That's just an image focused forum.
>>
>>161964193
As long as you keep using that name you'll fit in just fine.
>>
>>161964193
>Forums organize by topics and poster, and archive everything.

there's no organization here except by reply. Nothing here is archived, it's all deleted after a week or so, and you are all anonymous and there's no threads.
>>
>>161964193
>>161964242

In fact you now have a duty to make the next general thread. DO IT.
>>
>>161958227

There's more around than will admit it.
>>
>>161964242
Thanks. I love this thread a lot more. In the other thread they were saying that I should go back to the site I came from.
F*ck those guys.
>>161964304
Oh, I see. That is kinda cool. I guess it's good for the trolls no nobody sees how they operate in the dark.
>>161964349
You mean I should create the next thread?!
No, I can't do that. I'm a newbie.
>>
File: squid.jpg (77KB, 922x867px) Image search: [Google]
squid.jpg
77KB, 922x867px
>>161964136
>pc is pretty dead tho

The meta levels maybe. In my experience the early game is still sprawling with players.

I've started 5-6 completely new games over the last 3 days, and there have been lots of coop and pvp in each one, throughout the game, at least through until the Catacombs.
>>
>>161964136
>>161964527
Yeah, tons of people are still playing and embered in most areas

don't know about 120 because playing at sl120 is unsanitary and bad for your health
>>
>>161964304
An imageboard is also a forum.

Look up the definition of the word "forum" and become a little wiser yourself.
>>
>>161964597

SL40 w/ +2 is the best.
>>
What's a good one shot riposte at lvl 30

Im thinking of having a bkg on the side, should kill most people with hornet ring on yeah?
>>
Holy shit, this Thanateros guy is a fucking asshole.
>>
>>161965028
wh
>>
>>161948519
Three things :
1. Miyazaki didn't design DaS2
2. Mytha can heal via the Poison pools,that's the gimmick of the fight
3. Mytha was originally going to use the Desert Sorceress model instead of the Gorgon one
>>
Hmmm, Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring seems pretty nice, to be honest. What does everybody think? Especially since I use the Lothric Knight Sword so being able to sneak in backstabs as the combat opener is useful.

Though at my SL, having the STR+5 ring gives a fair bit more damage.
>>
Hey /dsg/, what's the non spoiler hint for DaS3? I forgot, but I'm fairly sure there was one

You know, like DaS1 had kill the dogs first & don't level resistance
DaS2 had burn the windmill

what was DaS3 again?
>>
>>161965517
Yes
>>
>>161965517
If it bleeds you can kill it.
>>
>>161965573
t-thanks
>>
What is this "look at me I'm a newfag" shitposting? What did I miss? I thought Scott was gone
>>161965028
>named "Deathly", but in Greek to sound kewler
>expecting him to not be an edgelord
>>
>>161965517
Was there ever a universal phrase like that for DaS 3?

I know the "Step into the cage and become nana's shade" one, but thats pretty obvious.
>>
File: thanateros the edgelord.jpg (166KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
thanateros the edgelord.jpg
166KB, 1600x900px
>>161965661
>>161965028

*teleports behind you*
psh, nothin personnel
*cuts you into a thousand pieces*
>>
>>161965517
DaS3

Luck is useless.
>>
File: 1480256011374.png (152KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480256011374.png
152KB, 456x320px
>>161940905
>I hope his daughter dies too
I used to wish for his wife to crash a car into a tree along with his daughter but now I'm content with him losing the custody and it's even better since noone needs to die in order to rob enb out of his will to live. But he won't suicide, just suffer in misery and possibly degerate into a trainwreck like Spoony.

That'll teach him to shill a shit game while taking advantage of the community goodwill.
>>
>>161965812
what's "Edgelord"
Keep seeing it on this forum a lot.
>>
File: proof of concord well kept.png (155KB, 517x700px) Image search: [Google]
proof of concord well kept.png
155KB, 517x700px
>>161965861
Nah, luck has some uses for meme builds and specialized ear harvesting builds
>>
>>161965949
Don't get me wrong. I'm incredibly happy and even content with what happened to him already.
It's just that I'd be even more happy if she died or something.
The enjoyment of him ending his life is worth more to me than a half-breed I don't know. Even the slightest chance of him doing so is worth it.
>>
>>161965975
You know you've made it when someone calls you an edgelord.
>>
>>161965975
>names self Lucifer
You're a good example
>>161965949
Jesus you guys are salty. I mean, I can appreciate a miscarriage joke as much as the next guy, but this is borderline psychotic
>>
>>161965985
Speaking of meme builds, can anyone work out a 99 Attunement build that might actually be viable?
>>
>>161940905
>>161965949
>>161966116
>>161966168

Who are we talking about here?
>>
>>161966116
If she just died, he'd find some way to get over it. Now, a difficult illness like cancer or something would be even more draining on his mental health especially if she moves back to Japan and he can't go see his daughter often enough.

I'll burn a slant eyed voodoo doll this New Year's and see how Kek graces us.
>>
>>161966168
>salty
that's a nice reddit word you've got there.
>>161966264
E**, a youtube faggot
I really hate him.
>>
>>161965669
I think there was, that nana's shade one is pretty good too
>>
>>161966168

Git gud.
>>
>>161966264
Epic abortion bro, a 'pillar' who used the community goodwill to shill for ds2 dishonestly.
>>
>>161966423

Wait, I remember that guy. Hadn't heard of him in years. What did he do exactly?
>>
>>161966309
Yeah, but I'd assume the chances of her just dying by any random cause would be higher than suddenly getting something like cancer.
The slower option is preferable of course.
>I'll burn a slant eyed voodoo doll this New Year's and see how Kek graces us.
lmao. this seems to be a strong year for Kek so I'm sure it'll work out
>>
>>161966493
He chewed the rice, and must pay the price.
>>
>>161966423
>community
just leave
there is no such thing, especially on such a large scale as a game """""""""""""'community"""""""""""""'
i bet you fucking think this thread is a community too.
>>
File: soft serve ice cream.jpg (151KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
soft serve ice cream.jpg
151KB, 1600x900px
Man, I love me some soft serve ice cream!
>>
File: 1480778451165.jpg (73KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
1480778451165.jpg
73KB, 500x623px
>>161966493
Basically he worked on the official dark souls 2 guide and shilled the game all the way up until it's release and then immediately turned on it, saying the PvE and level design was shit despite praising the game's atmosphere prior.

Now,the other 'pillars' shilled the game too, but they only got to play the small network test area while enb got to play through the entire game multiple times while working on the guide and he knew how the game was and still shilled it.

I think Luci said there was some more dirt on him being dishonest about Bloodborne too but w/e since BB was an amazing game and at that point I had written enb off as a lying cunt anyway.
>>
File: sad tree.jpg (132KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
sad tree.jpg
132KB, 500x333px
What the fuck kind of sadistic bastard invades in fucking Irithyll Dungeon?
>>
>>161966729
The same kind of people who gravelord in ToTG
>>
>>161966685
You can tell that by his mannerisms. You just can't trust someone who looks, acts and speaks like that
>>
>>161966685

So, an e-celeb shill. Jesus, I hope the money he made rots in his pockets and gives him septicemia.
>>
>>161937153
>>161937313
>>161937605
I do this all the time on my 16 + 1 twink
I'm done with all the covenants and just want to kill everyone so killing you on top of the gank is fun to me.
>>
>>161966685
>>161966493

Also his wife delivered two stillborns around the time he was working on the bloodborne guide which is why /bbg/ memed about Red Jelly whenever enb was mentioned.
>>
File: soft serve 2.jpg (182KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
soft serve 2.jpg
182KB, 1600x900px
>>161966619

Do you want soft serve ice cream too?
>>
>tfw contemplating going through ds1 and ds2 again while waiting on the inevitable goty/complete edition of ds3
what do
>>
>>161966905
lmao
so that's what it is.
i think he might actually off himself if his kid dies, the third one that is
>>
File: soft serve 3.jpg (193KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
soft serve 3.jpg
193KB, 1600x900px
>>161966920

Soft serve ice cream for everyone!
>>
File: tentacle monster.jpg (507KB, 1340x667px) Image search: [Google]
tentacle monster.jpg
507KB, 1340x667px
We don't talk enough about this thing. It's the most random thing ever. Why is it there? Why does it exist? Why aren't there any other?
>>
File: 20161202122330_1.jpg (318KB, 855x1009px) Image search: [Google]
20161202122330_1.jpg
318KB, 855x1009px
>>161967015
You look like a goddamn tampon.
>>
>>161966685
Did you ever consider that he was in denial about how bad the game was?

You know, just like everybody else was in the first few months after it came out? Including you, probably.

But no, it must be that he was shilling in bad faith, so it's totally cool to mock him for his personal problems.
>>
>>161967104
Another piece of sparsely realized content in a patchy unfinished game.
>>
>>161967160
no
from what i can remember everyone in thread was calling it shit even on release day
>>
>>161966729
the same kind of poeple who invade in blighttown
>>
>>161967104
Probably an enemy that was cut due to time restraints, or they couldn't get it's animations/combat to work like they wanted, so they ended up using the asset as a breakable obstacle instead, so all that modelling, texturing and animation work wouldn't go to complete waste.

That's at least my theory. Probably no lore reason for it at all besides "lmao random blighttown mutation".
>>
>>161967160
You harvest the rice, you pay the price
>>
>>161967160

>how bad the game was

Dark Souls 2 wasn't bad. It was bad by Soulsborne standards. It's still heads and shoulders above other shit which comes out nowadays.

I'm not sure whether this is a statement about the quality of Soulsborne games or the mediocrity of modern games.
>>
>>161967284
>I'm not sure whether this is a statement about the quality of Soulsborne games or the mediocrity of modern games.
both
>>
>>161967230
I wasn't in the thread on release day because I was playing it.

I certainly hadn't been hyped up for years for the new souls game only to immediately write it off as shit.

I didn't fully accept that I hated it until like a year later.
>>
>>161967268

The way I read it, you're supposed to see it as a disgusting piece of shit which just feed on the shit runoff from the pipe it's hanging on to.
>>
>>161967284
>>161967160

The worst part about Dark Souls 2 was Soul Memory.
If you remove Soul Memory then it improves remarkably.
>>
>>161967435
The worst part about Dark Souls 2 is that it is a terribly designed video game.
>>
>>161967435
Soul memory is irrelevant, it only relates to pointless pvp shit
>>
>>161967435

Absolutely. Soul Memory killed the Dark Souls community.
>>
>>161967268
>Probably an enemy that was cut due to time restraints, or they couldn't get it's animations/combat to work like they wanted

but it's still an enemy
have you not walked near it?
>>
>>161967464

Yeah, it's such a shit game. Wanna play some Skyrim?
>>
>>161967506
How can something nonexistent be killed?
Or are you implying multiple people just playing a game somehow form a "community"?
>>
>>161967509
Yes I know. But I mean an enemy that was supposed to be more prevalent in the area, and maybe move around.

Maybe there were supposed to be multiple pipes and pathways to take in the sewer areas in blighttown, with those things covering more than just the one opening.
>>
>>161967604
I think it's just what it is, a surprise factor enemy protecting an item
>>
>>161967567
Skyrim sucks too.
>>
>>161967595
That is what is typically meant when people talk about a video game's "community", yeah.
>>
>>161967639
Could be. We could be reading way too much into it.

I'm curious, what other instances are there in the Dark Souls games specifically where a normal mob appears only once in an entire playthrough?

The Heide knights don't count. I'm talking one single version of that specific enemy per playthrough.
>>
>>161967736
does asylum/the other fat cunt count?
the giant?
>>
>>161967160
>>161967284

DS2 was a lot worse at launch than some people remember. The game got pretty great by the time DLC was out, but early versions were awful, especially on PC.

>>161967435
Soul memory is a great idea, just badly executed. Should only count all the souls on levels + souls spent on upgrading your most expensive equipment + souls spent on purchases. That's more fair than DS1 or DS3.

DS3's system only works if you remove armor upgrades from the game, soul memory lets them stay.
>>
>>161967850
Asylum demon shows up twice in the form of fire demon.

By giant do you mean the blacksmith? He's not an enemy. Also, there are several giants in DaS 1. There is one dropping the balls into Sen's, as well as the dude who shoots down Kalameet.
>>
>>161967160
He was in denial until his Bamco checks stopped rolling in. Funny how happened.
Vaati is also a really transparent shill, but at least he didn't immediately turn on the game.
>>
>>161967736
the slimes
the tadpoles in darkroot
the living corpse piles in new londo
the phalanx in ariamis
the chained man in oolacile
>>
>>161967736
The giant living trees that will block your path but aren't actually hostile.

Also the tree lizards, but those respawn and there's more than one, but nonetheless obscure.
>>
>>161968024
phalanx was supposed to be a full-on boss. Got downgraded. Same with the Hydra.
>>
>>161968024
You don't get it. I mean just one single enemy. Not just type.

Like the thing blocking the pipe in blighttown. Its just a normal enemy, is relatively weak, and there is no other like it elsewhere in the whole game, and it never respawns upon death.

Any more enemies like that?
>>
>>161968024
Phalanx is not a single enemy.

The Chained Prisoner is the only one out of those that applies.

The Crystal General in Duke's Archive too but I dunno if he really counts since he's an NPC. Probably not.
>>
>>161967715
How can you act upon the whole "community" at once? Why do you think words such as "kill" are applicable to something which can be described as a single group only by stretching the definitions of words to a delusional level
>>
>>161967996
the only one you normally fight is the boulder thrower
>>
>>161928047
>voiced by the same guy who voiced ladyboy gwyndolin

>not a trap
>>
>>161965812
>I don't know how hollow works but I built it anyways
Get something hollow infused in your offhand dingus.
>>
>>161968135
alright then
the ant queen and repair tree in ds2
the sandworm in ds3
>>
>>161967736
>>161968135

The Chained Prisoner in Oolacile.
>>
>>161968479
respawns
>>
>>161968518
goalpost's original position

goalpost's new position
>>
>>161968135
>>161968024

>tentacle beast from blighttown
>chained prisoner
>vengarl's body
>sandworm in smouldering lake

Mind you, none are as weird as the tentacle beast. Those other three all have a mini-boss/gatekeeper feel to them. The tentacle beast is just... There.
>>
>>161968437
Repair tree in DS2 serves a purpose by giving you a free way to repair equipment in no-bonfire runs. And it was DLC, so that could be forgiven.

Ant queen though, WTF?
>>
>>161968667
>>161968638

Right, the ant queen too. That is definitely as weird as the tentacle beast.
>>
>>161968581
Read the original posts dickwad.

>>161968135
>>161967736
>>
>>161968518
Don't think so
>>161968479
It has black phantom versions, if you count that
Learned that the hard way
>>
>>161968741

Also, you could technically count the hellfire drake from Dark Souls 1, but I feel it's not in the same class of weirdness as the tentacle beast.
>>
>>161967891
No no, not purchases.
The problem with Soul Memory is that it counts every soul you ever pick up.
The problem with your idea is similarly bad in that consumable purchases will be counted, as well as just completionist armor and weapon buying.

The rest was decent, however.

Here's the good idea:
Souls allocated to Soul Level
Gear upgrade level
Number and upgrade value of Estus.

That's it. Nothing else really matters for pvp or even pve matching (and the password system that DS3 has is all that's needed to allow for unrestricted jolly cooperation).
>>
>>161968891
>>161968891
>>161968891
NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
>>161968891
>>161968891
>>161968891
>>
>>161968720
>original post
>10 minutes after the original post
>>
>>161954373
>How can you know if you hate something when you've barely touched it
>Lmao why do you have so many hours in it if you hate it

Fuck off with your shit arguments
Thread posts: 783
Thread images: 121

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.