[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 120

File: AWWW SHEEEIT KINIGGA.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AWWW SHEEEIT KINIGGA.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
The old thread, bumped to the limit by men, is now home only to shitposters: >>161347789

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
http://www.bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:http://imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
http://pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
http://pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
http://pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
http://pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
http://ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
http://pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp
>>
REDDIT LOREFAGS ARE FUCKING RETARDED
>>
File: The Cycle Of Love.png (3MB, 3776x1043px) Image search: [Google]
The Cycle Of Love.png
3MB, 3776x1043px
WHY
CANT
YOU
ALL
JUST
GET
ALONG
>>
>>161484626
someone explain op's pic to me
>>
File: 1478977715651.jpg (194KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
1478977715651.jpg
194KB, 570x855px
>>161484873

Explain.
>>
>>161484864
It's possible that after beating LFs that one of them won't die, and you can drag it in to Maria's boss room before you trigger the fight.

That picture is what happens.
>>
>>161484864
Anon gets visceraled by Maria as a Living Failure who wandered in unveils the cosmos

The whole image just looks completely absurd really
>>
>>161485129
thats amazing
>>
>>161478739
>teh fayce wen anon uses the meme that I once suggested
My life is complete now
>>
What exactly makes the FPS so inconsistent? For example my first fight against Darkbeast Paarl absolutely shit on my framerate, but that wasn't the case on my 2nd time around. The unseen village is also giving me a shit frame rate on my 2nd playthrough, although it didn't in my first. Other bosses such as BSB, Ludwig, and the fire doggo from the chalice dungeons all have given me different frame rates depending on the playthrough, so what exactly is going on?
>>
>>161485874
I only get FPS drops when I'm standing right in the middle of a blood explosion, face-first in One Reborn corpse explosions or a single random one during chalice co-op, very rarely. It's always pretty consistent for me.
>>
What if everyone is overthinking Oedon, and he's simply the Amygdala that lives on Oedon chapel? The lore says he has no physical form, but maybe that's just because nobody went over 40 Insight?
>>
what stats do I want on my cursed phys gems? (for pve)
>>
>>161486625
Its possible but I doubt it. The connections between Oedon and the moon presence are too great imo.

Not to mention there is a perfect window in Oedon chapel that allows moonlight to come in and you can see the moon perfectly if you look up, and on top of that this beam of moonlight is right next to the prostitute.

We do not have anything concrete on Oedon, but the description of Formless Oedon implies activity on his part in actively searching for blood or doing stuff.

Amy's seem pretty content on just existing and not doing much
>>
>>161487039
Radiant gems give stamina usage down so you can attack more without running out of stamina
>>
>>161485874
The fur, do not get the camera inside it or close to it.
>>
>>161487292
what about triangles?
>>
>>161487179
>The connections between Oedon and the moon presence are too great imo.

What are the connections between Oedon and MP? The note in the lecture hall calls MP nameless, and everyone seems to know the name Oedon.
>>
>>161484786
Because than we would have nothing to do, I love removing filth. Also. the child looks deformed.
>>
Is there a limit on how many blood gems I can carry? I gave up on selling the useless ones a while ago and now it's getting out of hand.
>>
>>161488406
Well its the obvious connectio between Oedon and Arianna's child, the umbilical cord says

"
"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate, and Oedon, the formless Great One, is no different. To think, it was corrupted blood that began this eldritch liaison." - Arianna's Child"

It states corrupted blood, now you could say this is because she is a prostitute but I think its more than that. Arianna has blonde hair, and no one else in game does with the exception of queen of the vilebloods who has white hair. I don't think its too much of a stretch to connect "corrupted blood" with vile blood.

And that goes back to the deal with Annalise, queen of the vile bloods. Blood dregs clearly look like sperm, and it says only vilebloods can see them. So moon presence influenced the vilebloods so they go out and hunt hunters (who he also influenced to start). So now we have this kind of bioaccumulation, hunters take tons of blood so blood dregs slowly build up inside them. Vilebloods kill the hunters and take these built up dregs and give the pure dregs to the queen. Now she has a fuckload of them inside her and this is why she cant die. Moon presence has no physical form, but since the queen has so much of thse dregs inside her he can physically influence her, i.e. she cannot die.

"The Great One Oedon, lacking form, exists only in voice"

This voice comes across as Annalise, The moonlight great sword (started the hunts) and i think he also created the beast plague. The start of the game you see a beast rise from red blood, literally beasts are born from the same blood the moon presence has. I think the entire beast epidemic was influenced by the moon presence/ oedon to inevitably lead to someone like annalise/ arianna that could birth him a child.
>>
>>161488319
"Radiant" is a type of gem, not a shape

>>161488958
Yes getting a gem when you have 99 in your inventory and item box will delete that gem
>>
What's the significance of the bell toll? You hear it in the DLC too. In Ds1 the bell toll signified a player beating the Gargoyle boss, there's nothing like that in BB.
>>
>>161489465
The louder you hear it, the closer you are to uncovering secrets that were meant to be kept secret. You are than supposed to be silenced.
>>
>>161489465
Oh, you'll find out once you get to the Hamlet.
>>
>>161489647
>>161489669
He's not talking about the resonant bell and Bador you dinks.

Sometimes there's a loud BELL that rings in Yharnam at seemingly random intervals.
>>
>>161489889
I have never hard that in the DLC, just Brador's bell.
>>
>>161489647
>>161489669
No that's the bell ring, i'm talking about the bell TOLL.
>>
>>161489236
>I don't think its too much of a stretch to connect "corrupted blood" with vile blood.
Agreed. "Vile blood" is church slang for Pthumerian blood, which Arianna has.
I don't know what you're trying to say with the rest of your post. None of that connects Oedon to MP.

>>161489465
In Central Yharnam it causes the huntsman patrols to stop and start. I assume it's just the bells in the astral clocktower, it doesn't have any real significance.
>>
File: 1435429505783.jpg (30KB, 625x547px) Image search: [Google]
1435429505783.jpg
30KB, 625x547px
Jesus how long is it going to take to farm these gems
>>
File: 1447351672377.gif (3MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1447351672377.gif
3MB, 250x188px
>Make character
>Play for 4 and a half hours
>Become super disappointed in her appearance

>Delete all that progress and make a new character.
>>
File: dweller.jpg (164KB, 433x325px) Image search: [Google]
dweller.jpg
164KB, 433x325px
Post screenshots of your hunters if you want them drawn
>>
>>161490386
Already have mine drawn but to other anons, definitely let them draw it by him. He's gud
>>
>>161490123
Sorry I'm trying to connect a lot of thoughts and I have a tendency to ramble.

Basically what I'm trying to say is this.

There is evidence suggesting Moon presence influenced the creation of the beasts, and the creation of vilebloods to have a child.

Due to ariannas association with cainhurst, she has the blood Oedon/moon presence would need to give birth.
>>
File: 1471073934760.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471073934760.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>tfw enjoy playing BB a lot more than Ds3 but the dressup is significantly weaker with less overall options
>>
File: Hoonter.jpg (147KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Hoonter.jpg
147KB, 1200x675px
>>161490386
>>
>>161490637
Moon Presence created the scourge to punish Pthumerians who violated the reproductive contracts they held with the Great Ones.
>>
>>161490386
>>
>>161490637
What if the true ending, when killing moon presence is actually him having a child? Let's not go too far into the biological concept of father child, but let's try to see it from a heritage point of view. Probably countless of hunters have tried killing moon presence but only the good hunter was able to slain him and take his place as moon presence in order to krep the hunter's nightmare going.
>>
>>161490947
Is that the Yharnam hunter top? It looks so much better close up, I don't like how it looks in motion.
>>
File: Tomb Haunter Tobias.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Haunter Tobias.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
>>
File: CyiFKReUkAAx11O.jpg large.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyiFKReUkAAx11O.jpg large.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
You're a cool dude anon
>>
>>161490943
This makes strong internal sense

>Be unwilling/unable to contain your animalistic instinct to fuck and reproduce without at least getting married
>Become cursed with a regression that turns you into a proper animal, fangs and all.
>>
>>161491086
yes
I can see why, the slip at the lower back cal look kind of silly
Otherwise, its my favorite of the three hunter sets (that I have anyway)
>>
>>161490943
Not trying to be a dick but where do you get that from?

>>161491006
Possibly, but I think you become a paleblood great one, you dont look blood related to the moon presence at all. You become an invertabrate,more associated with deep sea great ones.
>>
>>161490737
DaS3's best dressup option is Pope Robes. I wish BB had more fashion options, but then again, I don't want fifteen samey plate armours.
>>
File: hunter.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
>>
File: CyiGB5eVQAAqMgl.jpg large.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyiGB5eVQAAqMgl.jpg large.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>161491116
Didn't realize how blurry that one was, heres a better shot of the face and stuff
>>
>>161491273
Bastard of Loran, Ring of Betrothal.
>>
File: H O N O U R.jpg (71KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
H O N O U R.jpg
71KB, 960x540px
>>161490386
>>
>>161490947
is that geralt of rivia?
>>
>>161490637
>There is evidence suggesting Moon presence influenced the creation of the beasts
What is the evidence? AFAIK the beast plague is a side effect of humans dabbling with Great One blood (Ebrietas' blood, in the case of the Healing Church) to cure other diseases.

>creation of vilebloods to have a child
What relates that to Oedon?

>Due to ariannas association with cainhurst, she has the blood Oedon/moon presence would need to give birth
Agreed, she has Oedon's child (if you send her to Oedon chapel) because of her Cainhurst/Pthumerian blood. But what does that have to do with MP?
>>
>>161491273
Hmm, that's true. In order for that to be still valid you would have to provide proof, that great ones run evolution from, snailfu to something bigger to something bigger.
>>
>>161491334
Well Ds3 also took some of the best looking sets from 1 and 2 so of course it's going to have an advantage there. It's just that with BB i've been wearing the hunter garb since i've started and haven't changed it since (it also looks damn good anyway), all I do is change my boots and hat.
>>
>>161491450
which outfit is that?
>>
File: geralt.jpg (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
geralt.jpg
464KB, 1920x1080px
>>161491457
that looks like geralt
>>
>>161491450
Looks like something /fa/ would wear.
>>
>>161491273
Like was said here>>161491428

Ring of Betrothal shows us that marriage was special and governed by the Great Ones to some degree. Bastard of Loran shows us that "Bastard" children were HATED by Great Ones. In BB all curses are thanks to angry Great Ones.

Not to mention Queen Annalise's response to being shown the ring:
> Speak not, those words. We have little need of a consort. Such a path would belike lead to further ruin. Thou'rt dear to Us. We would see no harm befall thee.
She knows damn well how bad it can be to take a wedding vow or produce a child lightly. She's saving herself for Oedon.
>>
Are chikage builds a meme or is the chikage actually useful as a PvE weapon?
>>
File: Yamamura_Concept.jpg (276KB, 1200x1641px) Image search: [Google]
Yamamura_Concept.jpg
276KB, 1200x1641px
>>161491581
Yamamura's Hunter Set minus the hat
>>
>get killed by bagman
>wake up here
Nani?
>>
>>161491830
It's a very powerful weapon in its tricked form when you have high Blt. R1 spam in tricked form does a ton of damage and triggers rapid poison. The untricked form is a bit shite. The R1->L1 or L1->R1 attack is amazing.
The problem is that until you have Chikage, leveling Blt does nothing for you, and getting the Chikage involves beating Logarius, which isn't that easy to do at a low level with no good weapons.

>>161492187
If you're on your first playthrough, leave this thread before you have shit spoiled.
>>
>>161492187
MALEDICTO
>>
>>161491551
I tend to switch between three or four outfits I'm fond of, but I'm autistic enough that I also need to pair them up with specific weapons or I'm not happy. I could never much from DaS3 I was happy with, a lot of the armour was just too bulky or bland for my tatses. Bloodborne's stuff has more flair to it, prim and proper Hunter garb to tattered Yahar'gul rags, Knight clothing and armour, there's little that doesn't ever look good in that game.
>>
>>161491458

>What is the evidence?
Couple of things that you're free to disagree with but here they are

In the opening cutscene we see a beast rise from red blood, who then burns up when he touches you. I think this is almost a vision of some kind, the beast is born of red blood, and dies to paleblood. The moon presence has red blood, and I think thats extrememly important considering every other celestial being has pale blood.

Ludwig, one of the first hunters was largely led by the moonlight greatsword, which guided him in the hunt against beasts.

Annalise had a liason with the moon presence as we talked about earlier.

As the moon gets closer beasthood becomes more prominent and more people become insane.

I think people are descended or directly related to the moon presence, as they both have red blood. As the night progresses two things happen, the moon draws closer and people become more insane.

So why is the night so bad on the night of the game? I think its because mergo, a paleblood great one is being born. And Moon presence is freaking the fuck out because look how much effort is required to have a child. He does not want any competition from a competiting species. Once you kill rom, roms sphere of influence in the moon plane is gone so MP can get real fucking close to earth and start massively influencing people. He's doing everything he can to make mergo is killed, because thats what ends the night and makes MP calm down.

Basically what I'm trying to say is MP has the most to gain from the hunts, and given his association with the early hunters, and vilebloods its not hard to imagine he's the big boy pulling the strings.

>What relates that to Oedon?

I'm mostly drawing parallels but that is the biggest thing in my head canon that doesnt really make sense.

>>161491802
Hm I never really looked at it this way, But I like this idea a lot. I gotta think about it but this makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>161492187
SANGUINE

S A N G U I N E
>>
this game is fucking amazing so far but holy FUCK if that two hunter fight with the faggot wielding the rifle spear isn't complete bullshit

>teehee its a huge cone that still staggers you even at the very end of its range and i have infinite bullets and quickstep literally all of your melee swings or poise through them and shoot you anyway :^)

I have a shitload of choices now though, i can go through the church doors, to the right where those two hunters were, to the left to Hemwick, or through the big courtyard in Cathedral Ward. Any reason i shouldn't go right?
>>
File: CX9AutgUEAAOXBp.jpg_orig.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CX9AutgUEAAOXBp.jpg_orig.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
>>
>>161493019
No

Yes
>>
>>161493019
THis has me curious.

Why are hunters like ten times more difficult than any other boss? They are all easily able to kick my ass but fucking bosses are easy as sin compared to them.

Fuck enemy hunters. They have a gorillion HP and stalk you to the ends of the zone.
>>
After playing a shitton of BB the last few days I have decided to go back to ds3 someday but with a bb build. Any ds3 fags here that could give me a fun bb build?
>>
>>161493239
Hunters are also really easy if you're not shit.

Just play smart my man. Did a playthrough the other day to get a new build ready for chalices and none of the hunters were an issue. Killed the Bloody Crow without popping a vial. Beat down Black and White after Ludwig with little to no effort.

Seriously, just fight them like you would any other enemy. That's all they are.
>>
>>161493474
>Like any other enemy

>Slow telegraphed attacks versus player-hunter animations
>Rolling and dodging like a player
>Bullshit blunderbuss shots out of nowhere
>>
>>161493584
Spam whatever fast attack you have and dash out whenever you're low on stamina.

Parry. Gun spam if you want, they stagger from it just like you do.

They are not difficult.
>>
Fuck this area.
Fuck instakill grabs.
Those Bagmen are the most bullshit motherfuckers so far.
Then i gotta avoid not one but TWO giant pigs
And I cant even go get more Blood Vials.
fuckin epic
>>
>>161494028
There's a lamp maybe 15 seconds away from where you start.

You're in an area at a much lower level than you're supposed to be. That's the gimmick of the bagmen: they drag you to a later game area.

You're absolutely retarded for not figuring this out yourself and instead making me spell it out for you.
>>
>>161494336
It's literally up two flights of stairs with no barriers. Anyone that's exploring will find it in like 2 minutes tops.
>>
>>161494028
Seriously, if this is your first playthrough you should really stop posting so you won't get spoiled.
>>
>>161493019
Go to Hemwick first, then check out the area past where you fight the two hunters (tip: bring a gun to lure two big lads close to you, there's some of those crawler things with upgrade items down there, sucks to lose them). Once you've done that, check out the rest of the Cathedral Ward.

>>161493239
Think about them this way - they're you, and can do anything you can, and look what you can do.
>>
>>161494427
ive already been spoiled
I just didnt know about this place
>>
>>161494028
Play the game blind, anon, git outta this general before spoilers.

You're also in an area you're underlevelled for, purposely. It's supposed to be hard and scary.
>>
>>161494583
It's never too early for Yahar'gul.
>>
>>161496307
It's never time for fucking Yarharhar
>>
should i not be in Hyporgean Gaol (or however the fuck you spell it) at 35? I'm getting fucking raped by these jailers and those fucking jack in the boxes

I feel like i've been playing for ages but i've only fought Cleric Beast, Gascoine and BSB.
>>
>>161496662
go fight amelia in the cathedral ward
>>
File: duck image.jpg (38KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
duck image.jpg
38KB, 399x399px
>>161496591
Yahar'gul is a chill place before you kill Rom, although there's nothing to do here other than farming shitty blood stones, getting the Yahar'gul hunter set and Tonitrus.
Paarl is a pain in the ass but whatever, at least it's not the Loran version.
>>
tfw keep getting 26.3% gems instead of 27.2%
>>
>>161493402

Crossbow in offhand and a weapon in the other is about the best you can do. Maybe have a parrying dagger in offhand as well so you can still have parries.

Get some weapon with a stylish Weapon Art to fill the void the copypasted movesets between weapon classes will leave in you.
>>
>>161496662
Describe the jack in the boxes for me, because I'm having a hard time picture what you mean, because it certainly isn't what I think it is.

Hypogean Gaol is actually a later game area, but you can visit it early, good for farming echoes and some upgrade materials, also has some spooky music to boot.
>>
File: Damian.jpg (69KB, 317x344px) Image search: [Google]
Damian.jpg
69KB, 317x344px
>>161489236
>Arianna has blonde hair, and no one else in game does
>>
>>161498595
Valtr too, doesn't he?
>>
File: Valtr.jpg (76KB, 398x426px) Image search: [Google]
Valtr.jpg
76KB, 398x426px
>>161498703
Yes.
>>
>>161498595
Alfred, Valtr, Lady Maria
>>
File: Brador.jpg (73KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Brador.jpg
73KB, 640x360px
>>161490386
Late, and not a hoonter, but can you draw Brador? I love the fuck but he gets so little decent fanart.
>>
File: 1466309746755.jpg (174KB, 658x932px) Image search: [Google]
1466309746755.jpg
174KB, 658x932px
>>161499086
>he gets so little decent fanart
Because he's an ass.
>>
File: hunter.jpg (160KB, 558x586px) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
160KB, 558x586px
>>161499086
I'll add him to my list, no problem.
>>
>>161500217
Based MenasLG. Great stuff you're doing for this general
>>
>>161500217
how are the others posted earlier getting along? When do you think you'll be finished?
>>
File: hoonters.jpg (754KB, 1500x980px) Image search: [Google]
hoonters.jpg
754KB, 1500x980px
>>161500835
There's seven hoonters in this batch, I'll post them tomorrow most likely
>>
>>161500973
Infrequent browser here, these are pretty noice, have there been any more?
>>
>>161501608
No, I'm an infrequent browser as well. But lately I've been feeling the Bloodborne itch so I'm gonna draw it here and there.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151105150613.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151105150613.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>161500973
I would love to have my hunter drawn as well if you have time
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151102221435.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151102221435.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
while I'm at it I might as well post one of my favorite features of Bloodborne. Taking your hat off after you've shed some blood
>>
>>161498293
like a box and then a bunch of skulls jumped out
>>
File: Obyron3.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Obyron3.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
I took this so long ago and can't be assed to get one without the HUD.
>>
>>161502710
a-anon how did you skip to late game yahargul without killing the necessary bosses
>>
>>161502710
Those don't exist when you've only fought Gascoigne, Cleric, and BSB.

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>161489351
> Yes getting a gem when you have 99 in your inventory and item box will delete that gem

That's not true.

One of my characters has never sold or discarded a gem, and there's a lot more than 99 in my inventory.
>>
>>161502896
>Father
>With vit

didn't take it that long ago then
>>
>>161503812
Father's had vit since March.
>>
File: tumblr_m2pjzfZxVe1qzqc6po1_500.png (223KB, 480x298px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2pjzfZxVe1qzqc6po1_500.png
223KB, 480x298px
How can l get tier5 tomb mold if I can access lower loran but not Ihyll?
Do I need to farm rats for eternity or hwat? Alternatively anyone wanna do defiled Amygdala?
>>
>>161504017
I'm down for amygdala if you still want help
>>
File: 1442248086488.jpg (33KB, 505x344px) Image search: [Google]
1442248086488.jpg
33KB, 505x344px
tfw farming for hours and only got 1 gem that I wanted
>>
File: Grumpy Pete's Grumpy Biography.jpg (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Grumpy Pete's Grumpy Biography.jpg
3MB, 2480x3508px
>>161490386
If you are still taking requests please draw my hunter to.
>>
>Some guy asks for help with a Demon's Souls build
>Shows his currently planned build
>It's SL 98

your cancer meta has spread far enough, /bbg/

must you claim my beloved homeland, too?
>>
>>161505786
I hope he's not planning on doing proper PvP at SL98, because builds don't truly exist in PvE.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161127012716.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161127012716.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I fucking love Yahar'gul. From really nailed the spooky atmosphere here.
>>
>>161506137
>PvP
>DeS
>2016

pick two
>>
File: 1381629646090.jpg (90KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1381629646090.jpg
90KB, 706x720px
>trying to rush NG++ for the third ending
>can't get past Shadows of Yharnam, even after beating them on my first try during NG+

The worst part is I'm pretty sure I'm over levelled in the first place.
>>
>>161506372
I pick
>PvP
Pick Two.
>>
File: 1462688097224.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462688097224.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
>>
>>161502451
Hey guys, vsauce. Michael here.
>>
>>161506371
Wasn't it a base of operations for the School of Mensis?

If they already did their ritual, why are there still snatchers and Yahargul hunters kidnapping people?

Mensis didn't have anything to do with the One Reborn did they?
>>
>>161507495
>Wasn't it a base of operations for the School of Mensis?
No, it's where the Mensis ritual takes place.
>If they already did their ritual
They didn't. The Snatchers were going around to gather the corpses necessary for the ritual.
>Mensis didn't have anything to do with the One Reborn did they?
They have everything to do with the one reborn.
>>
>>161498285
>ds
A bit late but thanks anon. i also thought to equip that one ring that gives you more i frames with the cost of instability damage being higher. You know any other rings or stuff I could use?
>>
>>161502451
is that Walter White?
>>
>>161499086
>tries to lecture you on morality and murder
>after he murders anyone he sees trying to reveal the evil of the church

what a dickhead
>>
>>161507306
do I have to ring my sinister bell, kid?

>>161508319
a shitty version, yes
>>
>>161507787
>The hunters of Yahar'gul answer to the village's founders, the School of Mensis
I'm pretty sure it's their hideout

And what about that ritual they did to contact Mergo? Didn't they complete it, or are they merely pretending to be dead and doing another one?
>>
>>161491551
One problem with BB armor is that almost every set typically 'aligns' you with some faction or person

>3-4 church outfits
>old hunter outfit makes you old hunter
>vileblood
>executioner
>workshop hunter outfits
>Crow hunter
>ashen
>graveguard
>knight
>student
>yahar'gul
>gherman
>henryk
>brador
>constable
>Maria

That being said, BB has some great fashion so fuck you. Just mix and match stuff
>>
>>161505228
Absolutely. Be warned, I have shit for vit, 31 because bl75. Pass is bbg
>>
>>161508701
They are both bald. I was not too far off I would say
>>
>>161508846
yeah I can see it now that you mention it.

I'm definitely ringing my sinister bell now
>>
>>161508716
>I'm pretty sure it's their hideout
It's not. They founded Yahar'gul and left their dead, mummified bodies here, but they reside in the nightmare.
>And what about that ritual they did to contact Mergo? Didn't they complete it, or are they merely pretending to be dead and doing another one?
You disrupted the ritual by killing the One Reborn.
>>
>>161496662
I'm not the only one who did this progression line when playing blind?
I think From fucked up if this is that common, missing the "proper" progression route and easily stumbling into optional areas.
>>
>>161508731
This is a problem with pretty much all the Souls games except for Demon's, which features many realistic sets.
Dark Souls III is almost entirely boss/NPC armor sets and it looks tacky as fuck. People who wear Ornstein or Artorias armor need to realize that they don't look as good as the real thing.
Thankfully I really like the Church stuff in Bloodborne and don't mind dressing like one of them.
>>
>>161509152
Same. A lot of my builds have been like 'Vicar X' or things like that.

Currently have Defector as the title, with the Yahar'gul set and church weapons, like Defector Antal
>>
File: tfw no mensis covenant.png (63KB, 455x454px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no mensis covenant.png
63KB, 455x454px
>>161508998
Where exactly did the other scholars go? The only one you find is Micolash.
Did they really merge into The Brain of Mensis?
>>
>>161508731
I am tremendously disappointed at Gehrman's outfit lacking that amazing cape. This is Ornstein's plume all over again.
>>
>>161508767
Ringing now if you're still around
>>
>>161508998
What were they trying to gain from the One Reborn?

Were they trying to bring a Great One back to life? Kos maybe?
>>
>>161509419
Yep, bell's ringing.
>>
>>161508998
You don't disrupt the ritual, you just ruin the result. Summoning The One Reborn was the ritual.

It was a rescue attempt to get the Mensis Scholars out of the nightmare. It worked to an extent, but they pulled them out as the One Reborn instead of as themselves.
>>
>>161509305
You can find many Mensis corpses in the Nightmare. My personal theory is that they didn't survive the transition to the nightmare, but this is not confirmed.
>>
File: 1472073907836.jpg (211KB, 1000x741px) Image search: [Google]
1472073907836.jpg
211KB, 1000x741px
Woooooooooooow
>>
File: 1478104104703.jpg (49KB, 715x592px) Image search: [Google]
1478104104703.jpg
49KB, 715x592px
>>161509801
>>
Is ludwig's rifle any good?
i want to use it to compliment my using his holy Sword
>>
>>161509001
The Baglords are purposely super strong so if you do encounter one you will get dragged off to Hypogean Gaol and get a bit of a scare. It's intentional.
>>
>>161509595
Ah, I forgot about those corpses.

>>161509575
This seems plausible considering the Japanese text says "The Ones Reborn".
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>161490386
>>
>>161509575
>It was a rescue attempt to get the Mensis Scholars out of the nightmare
That's a pretty interesting way of interpreting it.
>>
Shiiiet Angus sorry about that. Failed to factor in Amy might target you with her jump.
>>
>>161510460
No problem, we'll get him next time
>>
>>161510426
Not really? The Japanese translation is fucked because while it is still 'The One Reborn,' the context of 'One' refers not to an individual but to an organization.

Like, that's the only way to interpret it, otherwise TOR makes no fucking sense in existing.
>>
>>161510652
I guess I never really thought of it like that.
>>
>>161510345
That set would look so fantastic if not for the apron on the front.
>>
>>161509801
>>161509845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Rdp2--SjQ
>>
>>161509595
I'm fairly certain they gave their lives in order to create the nightmare.

They knew they needed an immense amount of power, so they likely gathered the most arcane-savvy scholars and created it/created a portal it.

After all they were lunatics for the most part
>>
>>161511070
Then how did Micolash survive if this were the case?
>>
>>161510991
Yeeeaah looks about right.
She's never given me this much trouble before, I guess I've been away too long.
>>
>>161511263
He probably was the one that held the third of the umbilical cord.
>>
Requesting help for Camera Beast, I hate that thing. BL 70 pass is loran.
>>
>>161511263
He's the one who was meant to host the nightmare.
>>
>>161511263
don't you find micolashes skeleton? i guess only their mind goes into the dream
>>
>>161511070
They didn't try to create the nightmare. They were trying to contact Kos and request ascension, much like Rom was ascended. They instead accidentally contacted Mergo, and Mergo's attempts to grant their wish resulted in the stillbirth of their brains and entrapment in the nightmare.

The only ritual material we know for sure is an infant, because that's what drew Mergo to the ritual. Mergo was also a baby, and great ones are sympathetic in nature.
>>
>>161511389
On my way.
>>
File: 00136.jpg (395KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
00136.jpg
395KB, 1357x1920px
>>161511429
You touch Micolash's body to enter the Nightmare Lecture Building.
>>
>>161511263
He didn't. His mummy is how you enter to begin with. He only lives on in the dream.
>>
>>161492568
Mergo dying doesn't calm down the MP and end the night. Killing Mergo's Wet Nurse, who clearly is responsible for ripping Mergo from the womb of Queen Yahrnam, ends the nightmare. Why does MP want MWN dead?

Possibly because MP is Oeden and he is enraged that MWN stole his child from Yahrnam's womb and left to a nightmare he could not access. Only thing i don't understand is the cycle isn't broken unless you kill MP at the end. Why would MP need to continue to host the Hunter's Dream and continue the cycle if killing MWN was his end game?
>>
>>161511758
MP want's Mergo dead. Your exact mission is 'Find the Nightmare Newborn and silence it's harrowing cry'

MP is not Oedon

Wet Nurse didn't steal Mergo, Wet Nurse acts as his life support. Mergo can't survive without Wet Nurse.

There is no cycle, this isn't DaS.
>>
>>161511430
>They were trying to contact Kos and request ascension, much like Rom was ascended.
Weren't they trying to beckon Moon Presence?
>>
>>161510652
I don't think it's a rescue attempt per-se, I think it's an attempt to rebirth Mergo using 100s of bodies of the school of Mensis.

The ones doing the summoning are Pthumerian, why would they care about a bunch of insane human scholars' safety? Mensis and Pthumerians were working together to do stuff with Mergo. Mensis wanted to use 'the Nightnare newborn' for thier ascension ritual and Pthumerians are trying to get the (great one fathered) Hier to the Pthumerian monarchy back.
>>
>>161511758
>kill mergos wet nurse
>hear baby still crying
>30 seconds of baby crying
>baby stop scrying
>NIGHTMARE SLAIN
>>
>>161511889
There is a cycle. If you take the ending with Gehrman killing you and sending you back to Yarhnam it's said by the Doll I believe that the cycle will continue. Hence the graves of Hunters who have visited the Hunter's Dream before.
>>
>>161512012
>Ah Kos, or some say Kosm... do you hear our prayers?
>As you once did for the Vacuous Rom, grant us eyes, grant us eyes.
>Plant eyes on our brain and cleanse us of our beastly idiocy.

No. They just happened to beckon the moon. The second ritual, yes they're trying to beckon the moon, but thats because they're trying to pull the Mensis Scholars out of the nightmare and need to recreate the circumstance.
>>
>>161512131
The 'cycle' only exists in the sense that a hunt will continue to annually occur, not that the same events will repeat ad nauseum.
>>
>>161511567
Thanks Gregor. I can always count on you.
>>
>>161511263
1) Micolash, being the 'host of the nightmare' is the one who created the nightmare in the first place. Chances are, he was the big hoss and made all the other scholars blow their magical loads to create it under his influence. Them dying might've been a side product or he knew they would die all along, so he could carry out his nefarious ideas

2) They only picked the top/weakest scholars to sacrifice themselves

3) Micolash isn't actually corporeal, he and the other NPCs of the Nightmare are ethereal remnants of the ritual. IE the nightmare is a whole different world, Micolash might be the main body in that room of skellingtons but he transferred consciousness to the nightmare
>>
>>161512054
Pthumerians are largely extinct. They don't do anything outside of Chalice Dungeons or the Queen.

Mergo also doesn't need to be reborn. He's formless, not dead.

>>161512131
The cycle is only the hunt, humanities own chain of sorrow. There is no DaS style cycle of the same thing happening ad infinitum.
>>
Are you still ringing Elias?
>>
>>161512242
And Hunters will continue to visit the Hunter's Dream which is sustained by the MP. Why does MP continue to hlst the Hunter's Dream after Mergo (MWN) is killed if that was his end game? He even goes so far as to try to replace Gerhman as host of the dream with you if you kill Gerhman.
>>
>>161512475
Yes, and sorry for yet another instagib.
>>
>>161512495
The Dream is used for multiple things anon. Djura used the dream during the tragedy of Old Yharnam, and Eileen dreamed at one point in her life.

Just because that's the end of the Good Hunter's contract doesn't mean it's the end of the dream. It has existed before we found it and it will exist after we leave it.
>>
>>161511889
MP is definitely Oedon.
>>
>>161512834
Is this the new 'Doll is Oedon' meme? Because it's not funny.
>>
>>161512495
That implies that it's not a cycle, rather just a small portion of a very long story with multiple hunts involved.
>>
>>161512495
I think it's fair to say that MWN is to the Nightmare as the MP is to the dream. Gerhman is the host like Micolash. So with the nightmare slain and MP's goal completed why does he keep sustaining the Hunter's Dream, so desperate to sustain it that MP will fight you to the death to sustain the Hunter's Dream?

Also, the hunter becoming an infant great one, is it to replace MP as sustaining the Hunter's Dream? Who becomes the host?
>>
>>161512919
It's not a meme, it's the truth.
If the ingame evidence is not enough, From straight up confirmed it by adding text about Oedon in the page of the Moon Presence concept art.
>>
File: 2.jpg (277KB, 1964x1046px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
277KB, 1964x1046px
>>161512935
>Who becomes the host?
>>
>>161513008
Please post evidence instead of just insisting it exists.
>>
>>161512834
>>161513008
How can Moon Presence be Oedon if it's referred to ingame as the "nameless moon presence," as in it has no name, and yet Oedon definitely has a name?
>>
>>161512385
> Pthumerians are largely extinct. They don't do anything outside of Chalice Dungeons or the Queen.

Except for the large concentration in Yharhagul of snatchers and bell Maidans in Yharhagul who are 100% responsible for summoning The One Reborn.

> Mergo is formless and doesn't need a physical body

Mergo was born dead and preserved in the Nightmare. An invisible baby trapped in a Nightmare dimension unable to survive without the Wetnurse isn't a very good ruler. They wanted an actual physical body for Mergo in the waking world.
>>
>>161512834
>Oedon is formless
>Moon Presence has a form
That alone means that Oedon is not the Moon Presence. Oedon is not known as "Formless" for no reason, and all of the Caryll Runes associated with Oedon are sure to mention this formlessness.
>>
>>161513132
This.

And the runes state Oedon exists only in VOICE
>>
>>161512680
I thought that Djura and Eileen both broke their contracts with the Hunter's Dream which is why they reference it. They were both supposed to do what you accomplish but broke their contracts. If you complete your contract and allow Gerhman to send you back to Yahrnam you will awaken with no memory of what occurred. Yet Eileen and Djura both clearly remember the Hunter's Dream, implying they did not complete their task.
>>
>>161512475
I'm gonna dash in as soon as it recognizes your arrival and try to see if we can't stop the boss from being buffed.
>>
>>161511678
I-I want to touch micolash's body
>>
File: 00172_00173.jpg (531KB, 2714x1920px) Image search: [Google]
00172_00173.jpg
531KB, 2714x1920px
>>161513090
Pic related is all the evidence you need.
As for the ingame evidence:
>Oedon is known for impregnating women
>the woman on Oedon Chapel only gets pregnant when you unleash the red moon
>Mergo is the child of a Great One and queen Yharnam
>both Queen Yharnam and a great one called Moon Presence want you to silence Mergo's cry
>Annalise wants to get pregnant via blood dregs
>blood dregs looks exactly like MP's head
This also confirms that MP is blood-related, which also explains why the doll can channel blood echoes (also sound-related) into your strength.

>>161513234
>>161513265
Oedon only exists in voice because it's concealed by Rom.
When you kill Rom and unleash the ritual Oedon goes from "formless" to "presence".
>>
Anybody know why all the other Hunters aside from Alfred and Eileen just attack you on sight?
>>
>>161513543
they want MORE BLOOD from you.
>>
>>161513543
Chances are they're already succumbing to the scourge. That, or they're actively trying to stop you from achieving something i.e the NPC hunters outside/inside Yahar'gul that're dressed in the Yahar'gul set, or the Church hunter in Byrgenwerth.
>>
>>161513335
Also, my theory is each received punishment for not completing their task. Eileen had to become the Hunter of Hunter's and kill the blood addled hunters and Djura was sent to keep people out of old Yahrnam. Sure he sounds like he is there defending the beasts that once were people, but he isn't doing it out of guilt for the powdered kegs burning Yahrnam to the ground, it was a painful memory that he is forced to live in because he broke his contract.
>>
>>161513504
Right, and Eileen is the Wet Nurse.
>>
>>161513795
Brilliant counterargument.
>>
>>161513504
>Oedon only exists in voice because it's concealed by Rom.
No proof.

>When you kill Rom and unleash the ritual Oedon goes from "formless" to "presence".
See above, still no proof. You also don't "unleash" the ritual, you simply remove the source of the obfuscation.

And let me address another point:
>both Queen Yharnam and a great one called Moon Presence want you to silence Mergo's cry
>Queen Yharnam wants her own baby dead
What makes you think that? When you see her in the Moonside Lake and outside the room where Mergo's kept, it's clear she's in mourning from having lost her child. I don't know how you got the whole "Queen Yharnam wants her own child killed" thing from.
>>
File: peanutsviberobotnik.png (833KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
peanutsviberobotnik.png
833KB, 1024x780px
ANGUS YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD THANK YOU HOLY SHIT

FUCK CAINHURST EXCECUTIONERS ARE ALRIGHT BY ME
>>
>>161513961
>No proof
Oedon only starts acting when you kill Rom.

>you simply remove the source of the obfuscation
Aka you reveal something that wasn't tangible and visible. That thing has something to do with the red moon that wasn't visible before.

>Queen Yharnam wants her own baby dead
>What makes you think that?
She literally bows to you when you kill the Wet Nurse.
>>
>>161513543
Henryk has gone insane, thats why Eileen hunts him

Yahargul hunters are designed to capture bodies for Mensis

Djura is into bestiality, the hunter below him and the minigun hunter are his buddies, also furries

Vileblood is a douchey vileblood

The frontier hunters are named Hunters of Despair, probably have gone crazy from being in the frontier

Brador's a douche, the church hunters are protecting brygenwerth/nightmare of mensis
>>
>>161513346
Good thinking, he got absolutely destroyed
>>
>>161514112
>Oedon only starts acting when you kill Rom.
Still no proof.
>>
>>161514157

>>161514004
>>
>>161514281
Arianna suddendly gets pregnant after the red moon.
>>
>micolash 1 shots you in NG+
Holy fuck, not even the DLC bosses in NG+ hit as hard as his call beyond. What the hell. It's like he received a huge power spike simply because he's a meme boss.
>>
File: 1433195147944.png (210KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433195147944.png
210KB, 700x800px
>>161514127
>the church hunters are protecting nightmare of mensis
Wasn't Edgar just spying on them?
>>
>>161514425
Yes, he's from the Choir
>>
>>161514112
>Oedon only starts acting when you kill Rom
Chances are that Odeon impregnated bloodwhore before Rom gets offed. Not only that MP already has a surrogate child in Gherman. There's no need for it to have another child.

>Aka you reveal something that wasn't tangible and visible. That thing has something to do with the red moon that wasn't visible before.
The red moon, like everything else fucky was being hidden by Rom. It's all still there. Amy still exists and can still grab you regardless of if Rom is dead or not. The red moon is still there and is affecting Yharnam regardless of if Rom is dead or not.
>>
>>161514407
He hits so hard because each ACB projectile gets boosted individually
>>
>>161514582
>Chances are that Odeon impregnated bloodwhore before Rom gets offed
She was fine before Rom died.
>MP already has a surrogate child in Gherman
There's no proof that MP considers Gehrman a surrogate child. He's only here because he's the host.
>The red moon is still there and is affecting Yharnam regardless of if Rom is dead or not
So is MP, the difference is that just like the red moon it's not visible or tangible. That's why it's called formless.
>>
>>161514343
Happy to help and purge my man
>>
>>161514493
Then why does he attack you? Wouldn't he offer teaming up with you or something?
>>
>Oedon Presence anon is at it again
Repeating the same thing over and over won't make it true. I don't even have the motivation to counter your disilusions today.
>>
>>161514838
He's nuts
>>
>>161513504
>Oedon is described as the king of Great Ones but The Moon Presence appears rather frail and she exists hidden away in her Hunter's Dream.
>The red moon is not a sign of Oedon, no where does it say that or make that connection.
>Tomb of Oedon implies he has died and lost form, there 'Only exists in voice'
>Assuming Oedon impregnated the Queen of Yarnham, then why does the baby have no form either? The shroud has been lifted, so if Oedon does truly have form then why doesn't his baby?

Those are just counter points
>>
>>161514847
>counter your disilusions
Because you can't, you're trying to deny facts.You might also want to check the definition of the word "disillusion", I'm pretty sure that it doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>161514768
>the difference is that just like the red moon it's not visible or tangible. That's why it's called formless.
So, if I were to, for example, hide my hand behind a solid, completely opaque object, my hand would suddenly no longer exist on a physical level until I moved it out from behind said object?
Because that's literally the logic you're applying to this. Just because something is hidden, doesn't mean it's not there and still doing its thing. The only thing Rom is doing is obfuscating the Blood Moon. As the other anon already stated, the Blood Moon's still whipping everyone in Yharnam into a frenzy. The Amygdala can still grab you despite being completely hidden from sight.
>>
Guys

What if

Oeden is

Solaire
>>
My thoughts on the MP/Oeden thing. No way are they the same Great One. I don't know MP's motivation for killing Mergo's Wet Nurse but when Oeden's child is defeated, the Hunter consuming the umbilical cords is enough to allow influence over the Hunter. When MP tries to force the Hunter to take the place of Gehrman Oeden's influence prevails and MP senses Oeden and immediately turns hostile. The Hunter defeats MP, not of free will but under Oeden's influence and Oeden then ascends the Hunter to an infant Great One, perhaps to replace Mergo in his lineage. The ingesting of the cords makes this possible.
>>
>>161514995
>Oedon is described as the king of Great Ones
Where?
>The red moon is not a sign of Oedon, no where does it say that or make that connection
Oedon only impregnates Arianna when the red moon is visible.
>Tomb of Oedon implies he has died and lost form, there 'Only exists in voice'
No, it's just named after him.
>then why does the baby have no form either?
The ritual is only revealed in certain places.

>>161515104
>a solid, completely opaque object
False equivalence. Rom's spell is not a solid object.
>>
>>161514768
>She was fine before Rom died.
As it turns out you don't feel preggers directly after you've been impregnated.

>There's no proof that MP considers Gehrman a surrogate child. He's only here because he's the host.
Host is a mistranslation, in Japanese it's more like Master. MP looks for a surrogate child which is why it assimilates you after you kill Gherman.

>So is MP, the difference is that just like the red moon it's not visible or tangible. That's why it's called formless.
Odeon was probably called Odeon long before Rom was even a great one. The red moon isn't visible. It, like the Amygdalas, very tangible.
>>
>>161515030
Pretty sure they meant delusion. You know, he could be a non-native English speaker, in any case that kind of call out doesn't make you look any more credible. At worst it makes you look like your argument doesn't stand on its own.
>>
Anyone want to help an underlevelled shitter beat Ludwig? Pass is pony, outside his boss fog.
>>
>>161515242
>Rom's spell is not a solid object.
It follows the exact same logic you're applying to Rom hiding the Blood Moon, though; the ritual, much like my example, is hiding something from view. You're claiming that when hidden, the Blood Moon doesn't exist on a physical, tangible level. That's factually incorrect. If it WERE correct, then Yharnam wouldn't already be three-quarters of the way through becoming a town filled with beasts by the time the Good Hunter awakens there after signing their contract.
>>
>>161515460
omw
>>
>>161515460
Was gonna rush to your aid, but I'm not helping a ponyfag with anything.
>>
>>161515269
>As it turns out you don't feel preggers directly after you've been impregnated
You also don't feel like Arianna when you get pregnant. It's an entirely different case.

>MP looks for a surrogate child which is why it assimilates you after you kill Gherman
You're just making that up.
MP makes you the new host of the nightmare, that's all we know.

>Odeon was probably called Odeon long before Rom was even a great one. The red moon isn't visible. It, like the Amygdalas, very tangible
Sauce?

>>161515428
>At worst it makes you look like your argument doesn't stand on its own
In what way?
>>
>>161515564
But Ludwig is the pony fag, and we're going to go beat him?
>>
>>161515242
>Where?
Doesnt, my bad

>Oedon only impregnates Arianna when the red moon is visible.
Correlation =/= causation.

>No, it's just named after him.
You dont name tombs after people who aren't in the tomb or weren't in the tomb
>tomb of sargeras
>tomb of tutankhamen
>tomb of nameless soldiers
plus thats not an argument

>The ritual is only revealed in certain places.
False. Rom could've chosen what and where to hide things, but killing him means everything is revealed, because she was the source
>>
>>161515516
>the ritual, much like my example, is hiding something from view
The ritual is what's being concealed. Mensis can't summon the One Reborn without the visible and tangible blood moon.
Notice how the One Reborn only gets summoned after you kill Rom.
Also notice how everyone in Yharnam dies after the moon is no longer concealed.
>>
>>161515580
If you're confident in what you claim you don't need to apply shitty debate techniques like calling out someone's language or semantics. It does nothing for the conversation, your argument alone should be enough.
>>
>>161515621
Ah. Sorry good man, carry on.
I still can't help though because my wife and I are making dinner now.
>>
>>161515460
No luck yet, make sure your matchmaking is set to worldwide
>>
>>161515753
>It does nothing for the conversation
The post I replied to added nothing to the conversation, and my arguments weren't challanged in any way, he just posted a passive-aggressive remark.

>>161515694
>Correlation =/= causation
A lot of things happen when you kill Rom.
It's clear that killing Rom has great consequences on Yharnam.

>You dont name tombs after people who aren't in the tomb or weren't in the tomb
Tombs, shrines and churches can be named after deities.

>False. Rom could've chosen what and where to hide things, but killing him means everything is revealed, because she was the source
Do you see the red moon in Cainhurst or Byrgenwerth?
>>
>>161515928
Ah sorry, should have realized.
>>
>>161515727
I think you're failing to acknowledge the fact that the way time advances in the game is only tied to which bosses you kill as a gameplay mechanic. Slaying Rom, stopping her ritual and revealing the ritual at Mensis all coincide with the peak of the ritual in Mensis itself, which culminates with the summoning of The One Reborn.

>Mensis can't summon the One Reborn without the visible and tangible blood moon.
You're connecting two events that are, at best, connected by coincidence due to occurring at roughly the same time. Slaying Rom dispels the illusion hiding the Blood Moon and opens the gates of Yahar'gul, but regardless, The One Reborn would have been summoned anyway, because the Blood Moon is STILL THERE AND ACTIVE DESPITE BEING HIDDEN.
You're still operating on the logic that something that is hidden can not influence the environment around it. That logic is incorrect, which means your entire argument has no ground.
>>
So I found 2 cursed gemstones that bump my phys damage up quite a bit but the catch is they both lower my damage against beasts by almost 20%. Is it worth it or is the tradeoff uneven because there's so many beast units and bosses in the game?
>>
>>161516228
Just have a second weapon in your other hand that doesn't have -beast gems in it and you'll be fine.
>>
File: bloodmoon.jpg (2MB, 3370x2520px) Image search: [Google]
bloodmoon.jpg
2MB, 3370x2520px
cease this fanfiction

post fanart
>>
File: 1450396027419.jpg (1019KB, 1500x892px) Image search: [Google]
1450396027419.jpg
1019KB, 1500x892px
>>161516464
>>
File: Gehrman's lament.png (2MB, 1000x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Gehrman's lament.png
2MB, 1000x1184px
>>161516464
>>
>>161515580
>You also don't feel like Arianna when you get pregnant. It's an entirely different case.
First, yes you do.
Second, I'm certain great one gestation isn't instant.
Third, pregnancy is pretty much the same in all forms of life outside of those with eggs outside their body. Why should great ones be different?
>You're just making that up.
>MP makes you the new host of the nightmare, that's all we know.
All great ones long for a child, etc. Gherman is MP's surrogate. It's why MP assimilates you.
>Sauce?
Amy can grab you despite Rom's illusion. There's no reason to believe the Moon is any different.
Rom is an extremely new great one. Most likely created after runes were developed. There are runes dedicated to both MP and Odeon. There's no reason to believe that they both refer back to the same great one.
>>
>>161516093
>Slaying Rom, stopping her ritual
What are you talking about?
Rom is specifically concealing the Mensis ritual and preventing it from happening, not perpetrating it.
As you can read in the game:
"The Byrgenwerth spider hides all manner of rituals, and keeps our lost master from us. A terrible shame. It makes my head shudder uncontrollably."
Rom is hiding rituals, and keeping a "master" away from their disciple.
>the Blood Moon is STILL THERE AND ACTIVE DESPITE BEING HIDDEN
Not active. "It's all a coincidence" is not a credible argument. If it was killing Rom would have been pointless.
Besides, you're ignoring the artbook page.
>>
File: 45426342.jpg (1MB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
45426342.jpg
1MB, 1500x1061px
>>161516464
>>
>>161516049
Thats not the point. Saying 'the red moon impregnated the woman' is different than saying 'the woman was impregnated because of the appearance of the red moon'

Plus idk why im even arguing that, Oedon probably is linked to the moon, but the moon isn't the nameless one.

>Tombs, shrines and churches can be named after deities.
We're not talking about shrines or churches. Give me an example of a tomb that is named after a god, and doesn't imply that the tomb holds that god

>Do you see the red moon in Cainhurst or Byrgenwerth?
The blood moon is a phenomenon local to Yarn'ham. The spell or illusion or whatever you want to call it is only necessary over Yarn'ham, there's no point to make a bloodmoon over the entire world.
Not to mention the fact that there would be literally no reason for Rom to somehow still suspend the illusion over those places, because Cainhurst has jack shit to do with Yarn'ham and Brygenwerth is the fucking source of Rom.
Youre honestly just trying to force your theory, and you had good points at first. I presented counter examples in order to show you its not solid, because its not, but you're trying to argue them instead of saying 'Oh hey thats true!' So I'm done arguing with you.
>>
>>161516562
>Why should great ones be different?
Because the child was conceived and born in a single night and it wasnt visible in its mother's belly.

>Gherman is MP's surrogate
Still no source. Gehrman is the host, that's all we know.

>Amy can grab you despite Rom's illusion
But Mensis can't summon the One Reborn until the moon is revealed.
> There are runes dedicated to both MP and Odeon
The runes dedicated to Oedon are the runes dedicated to MP.
No rune mentions Oedon by its other name.
>>
>>161516594
>Not active.
If the Blood Moon wasn't active until Rom was slain, then the scourge of beasts wouldn't be gripping Yharnam by the proverbial throat. People wouldn't be going mad, turning into beasts and going blood-drunk. Once again, you're STILL operating on the logic that hidden things have no influence on their environments. The game itself shows you that is incorrect, as this particular Night of the Hunt is so much worse than the others due to the presence of the Blood Moon.
You're literally wrong. Stop trying.
>>
ITT: nerds argue nearly baseless suppositions and don't realize it's a cosmic horror setting
>>
>>161516795
No rune mentions Oedon by its other name because it has no other name. The Moon Presence is referred to ingame as being nameless, i.e. not having a name. Oedon is a name.

Honestly, I don't see how that could be so hard to grasp. Unless you're baiting, in which case good shit, you've got the thread right riled up.
>>
File: 51522773.png (2MB, 1300x1093px) Image search: [Google]
51522773.png
2MB, 1300x1093px
>>161516464
>>
>>161516529
Dude this picture is really pissing me off for some reason. For a lot of reasons, actually.

Why is the blood flying outwards when Eileen is jumping towards it? The way it's draw, i looks like someone should be ripping a chunk out of Cleric's neck, not leaping on.

Why did the artist just forget the inverted ankle on Cleric's left leg? Like there's a bit of a bump along the back that looks like where the heel would go, but then the front is shaded like it goes down flush with the rest of the leg. Actually, Clerics left leg is just entirely fucked. Well, one of his legs is. Compare the thighs.

Why is the perspective all sorts of fucked up? Look at the ground compared to the walls compared to the figures. Specifically, look at where the wall on the left meets the ground.

Why does nothing have any texture? It all looks like lines drawn on flat slabs. Most obvious examples are the ground and the clock tower.

Why did the artist put more work into things in the background than the things in the foreground? Compare that pile of boxes in the bottom left to skyline. Hell, even just look at the boxes: they get more detailed the further away they get.

Never post this again.
>>
God fucking damn From software are shitter developers can't even design a truly difficult boss.
>Fighting ludwig
>He's almost dead
>He hits me with hit swing spam
>It's okay, I'll judge dodge his next attack and heal
>...
>Why is he just standing there
>He's been doing nothing for a full 3 seconds, that's fucking weird
>Okay then I'll heal
>As soon as I heal he attacks and kills me
Input reading bullshit
>>
File: 53851458_p9.jpg (124KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
53851458_p9.jpg
124KB, 1024x725px
>>161516464
>>
>>161517230
>get hit by the delayed part of a combo
>input reading bullshit

he did a normal attack chain. the last part is slowed down to fuck with your timing.

there is no input reading.
>>
>Something strange happened, so I tried to save footage
>PS4 only saved 9 seconds after it happened
Fucking godamnit
>>
>>161516736
>'the red moon impregnated the woman' is different than saying 'the woman was impregnated because of the appearance of the red moon'
In both cases it's clear that there's a connection between the red moon (Moon Presence) and impregnation (what Oedon does).
>Give me an example of a tomb that is named after a god
I'm no tomb expert, but Oedon being buried here doesn't make sense since 1. it's formless, 2. it impregnates Arianna.
It's called Tomb of Oedon because it's part of Oedon Chapel.

>The blood moon is a phenomenon local to Yarn'ham
Cainhurst and Byrgenwerth are in Yharnam.

>Youre honestly just trying to force your theory
There's no theory involved, I'm presenting facts from the game and most importantly from the artbook that you refused to address.

>>161516802
The night of the hunt isn't necessarily related to the blood moon. People become beasts in other parts of the world too.
It's when Rom dies that all the Yharnamites in their homes die or become beasts.
>>
File: 1480269465706.jpg (59KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480269465706.jpg
59KB, 675x450px
>>161517230

>>161510991
>>
File: CxO63vZVQAAZxjF.jpg (58KB, 657x595px) Image search: [Google]
CxO63vZVQAAZxjF.jpg
58KB, 657x595px
>>161516464
>>
Anyone want to help a nigger with Orphan?
I'm on tilt and about to snap a controller.
Ringing at fog, pass bbg
>>
File: 52476499_p1.jpg (623KB, 772x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52476499_p1.jpg
623KB, 772x1200px
>>161516464
>>
>>161517781
What level are you? I'll come stomp his face in for you but not if i'm going to get downscaled to hell.
>>
>>161516795
>Because the child was conceived and born in a single night and it wasnt visible in its mother's belly.
I'm glad you admit that she was impregnated when she arrived in Odeon chapel now.
>Still no source. Gehrman is the host, that's all we know.
The master, technically. The one third umbilical cord is the source. MP, like all great ones seeks a surrogate. That surrogate is found in Gherman.
>But Mensis can't summon the One Reborn until the moon is revealed.
Yes they can. It, like the Amys that are around Yharnam, still exist and still operates at full mast.
>The runes dedicated to Oedon are the runes dedicated to MP.
Formless Odeon certainly isn't dedicated to a great one with a form.

>No rune mentions Oedon by its other name.
Other name? MP is nameless you mong.
>>
>>161517864

>>
>>161517492
>It's when Rom dies that all the Yharnamites in their homes die or become beasts.
And the reason for that is because in the game-world, the night has progressed far enough by the time you kill Rom that the Mensis Ritual has reached its peak, resulting in the summoning of The One Reborn.

You're not actually presenting any "facts" at all, because if you were, you'd realise that the Blood Moon does not suddenly start affecting Yharnam after Rom dies. The Blood Moon is influencing Yharnam the entire time you're there.
The reasoning we can follow is the state of the game-world changes each time you slay a major boss, inching forward through time. Killing 3 bosses before Amelia results in the Sackmen being active and able to kidnap you. Killing Amelia herself marks the transition from evening to night time. Closer to the completion of the Mensis Ritual. As the ritual nears completion, the town descends further into the jaws of the Beast Scourge. Killing Rom dispels the illusion obfuscating the Blood Moon, the Mensis Ritual and reveals the Amygdala that've been perched on various buildings. This also marks the Mensis Ritual nearing completion, which, again, marks Yharnam further succumbing to the Beast Scourge. By the time you reach the Advent Plaza, the Mensis Ritual is complete and The One Reborn is summoned.

Please, keep in mind that all of this would have occurred regardless of whether the Good Hunter was there or not, as time progressed in Yharnam.
>>
>>161517870
>I'm glad you admit that she was impregnated when she arrived in Odeon chapel now
Nothing of what I said implies that.
>That surrogate is found in Gherman
No, nothing in the game says that. Other nightmares have different hosts/masters, they're not necessarily the great one's surrogate child. They aren't even children to begin with.
>Yes they can. It, like the Amys that are around Yharnam, still exist and still operates at full mast
Why do we kill Rom then?
>Formless Odeon certainly isn't dedicated to a great one with a form
It's dedicated to a great one that's called Oedon and its artwork in the artbook looks exactly like MP.
>>
>>161517435
No I mean AFTER the combo.
He literally just walked slowly to the side doing nothing for a solid 3 seconds.
There is literally not a single boss in any fromsoftware game that resets their animation to the walking animation in the middle of an attack combo.
>>
File: 1436161430630.png (2MB, 1140x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1436161430630.png
2MB, 1140x1006px
>>161517652
That image is very amusing
>>
>>161517781
On my way
>>
>>161518210
Rom and Amelia are different cases.
it specified that Rom is directly affecting the Mensis ritual, and it's stopping the "master" of the conductors from joining them.
Coincidentially this note is written in a place that's related to Oedon.
If Rom was just making the moon invisible then killing it would be completely meaningless.
>>
>>161517781
Please just hang back
>>
>>161518545
>Rom and Amelia are different cases.
They're not. Both represent major milestones in terms of time progression and changes in the state of the game-world. Amelia may not be directly related to the Mensis Ritual, but killing her pushes the state of the game-world forward, closer to completion of the Ritual.

>If Rom was just making the moon invisible then killing it would be completely meaningless.
Considering the fact that killing Rom also opens the gate barring you from actually entering Yahar'gul.
>>
>>161518609
Also, drag him to the water for phase 2. Fighting him on land is not good, for a few reasons.
>>
>>161518213
>Nothing of what I said implies that.
The red moon phase is the last third of the game. The full night is the entire game.
>No, nothing in the game says that. Other nightmares have different hosts/masters, they're not necessarily the great one's surrogate child. They aren't even children to begin with.
The one third umbilical cord says MP seeks/sook a surrogate child. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Gherman is it. No other master is directly overseen by a great one so that argument doesn't mean squat. And you're talking the child part way too literally. Gherman is probably eons younger than MP.

>Why do we kill Rom then?
To reveal the fuckery. You wouldn't be able to see tOR or the Mensis Nightmare if Rom was still alive.

>It's dedicated to a great one that's called Oedon and its artwork in the artbook looks exactly like MP.
Actually it's dedicated to the Formless Odeon, a formless great one that only exists in voice. It is found in the artbook right next to the MP but you can't see it because it is formless.
>>
Okay what the fuck does Ludwig have i-frames on his dodge or something?
>>
File: 1475001497660.jpg (562KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1475001497660.jpg
562KB, 850x1203px
>>161516464
>>
Okay now I KNOW he's input reading because he did it again, this time when I wasn't even low life though
Literally did nothing until I did something or until after about 3-5 seconds
>>
>>161520290
Are you sure you're not just also doing stuff after 3 to 5 seconds? There's no input reading in the fight, anon.
>>
>>161520474
If the boss is doing nothing because I'm doing nothing then that is literally input reading because a computer has no intelligence or capacity for strategy that would lead to them doing something like that unless it's literally waiting for you to do something to que up an action
>>
If Oedon is nameless why does he have a name?
If Moon Presence is formless why does she have a form?
>>
>>161520290
Every enemy in every Souls game has some form of input reading.

Shit I'd assume every video game ever since the advent of the tech incorporates some form of input reading.

>>161521040
This is stupid and you should feel bad about posting it.
>>
>>161521205
(You) didn't answer my question,
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160909210002.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160909210002.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>161520290
>When I move, you move
>(Just like that)
>When I move, you move
>(Just like that)
>When I move, you move
>(Just like that)
>Hell yeah, hey Ludwig bring that back
>>
If Oedon is Moon Presence why there's not a single item description that implies that? And why every time Oedon is mentioned he's formless, existing only in sound, without any relation to the moon being made?
>>
>>161520474
idk what fight he's talking about, but some fights in BB definitely have input reading.

The most obvious example I can think of off the top of my head is Gascoigne 3rd phase. After he does his leap attack, if he knocks you down and you input a backwards quickstep, then he will immediately do another leap attack and hit you out of your roll recovery. He'll do it in response to your inputting the back quickstep during input buffering, before your character has gotten off the ground, and he'll do it every single time. If you don't input a quickstep, he won't do a leap attack.
>>
Oedon isn't MP, Oedon is mercury/quicksilver and he's in all of our blood something something kegare something Minamata disease :^)
>>
I want to apologize for all the mp/oedon shitposting.

I started it this morning because I thought there were connections, I didnt want to start shitposting. I'm sorry boys
>>
give me ideas for cute things to draw
>>
File: tumblr_nq94xtV0o01s3sz4ho1_250.png (105KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq94xtV0o01s3sz4ho1_250.png
105KB, 250x222px
>Umbasa

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>161523423
Gehrman and the Plain Doll switch places, and clothes

I want to see the peg leg old man in doll attire
>>
>>161523423
Draw Oedon riding a tricycle.
>>
File: 1479253489574.png (681KB, 677x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479253489574.png
681KB, 677x600px
>>161523425
Pretty sure that translates to "Stop saving thumbnails."

Anybody got pic related in a higher resolution?
>>
>>161523621
You don't need higher resolution. You need more eyes.
>>
>>161523423
Draw the School of Mensis napping together
>>
>>161523423
Doll heating up a pot of coffee on the back of a boomhammer while the hunter naps in her lap.
>>
AHHH I BEAT LUDWIG SOLO
HOW DID I EVEN DO THAT
HOLY FUCK I BEAT HIM WITH FULLY CHARGED R2 INTO A RIPOSTE
SO FUCKING SEXY
Jesus christ after a few hours fighting him and losing, I take a break and beat him on my first try. God damn it feels great. Glad I decided not to summon for him.
>>
>>161525086
Took me like 40+ tries first tie, but my first time was also in NG+, so I know that feeling, anon.
>>
lets rape logarius together, ringing at fog pass bbg
>>
>>161524531
That's adorable.
>>
>"The Mensis ritual must be stopped, lest we all become beasts."
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>161526113
Mensis are gonna beckon the moon, someone did it before, and we lost Old Yharnam, because it appears when that fucking thing gets called down, that beast problem gets REAL bad.
>>
>>161526271
But I thought the blood is what turned people into beasts, does the moon do that as well? What doesn't turn people into beasts?
>>
>>161526113
The madmen in Yarhar'gul are beckoning the moon for a second time. First time they did that, Old Yharnam got torched. The Blood Moon makes the beast blood go fucking nuts.
>>
>>161526369
Think of it as the blood turning people into beasts, and the blood moon swinging around kicks that process into overdrive.
>>
>>161526369
Vermin's in blood, enough of it turns out into a beast.

The red moon, I think it's partly gothic/folkloric moon imagery stuff, partly the Moon Presence seems to have some incredibly virulent effect on the vermin in the blood. How and why, I dunno, but the plague only goes into overdrive when MP's being called down.
>>
Those disgusting slug creatures in Upper Cathedral are all staring at what? The clocktower?
>>
>>161527358
The Orphanage. Their home. That you're raiding. You monster.
>>
>>161525289
>NG+
I'm currently at Ludwigs on NG+ and holy fuck does he hit hard, I really don't want to know how hard Kos is going to be like. Actually i'm not looking forward to the entire fishing hamlet at all, just those shark giants were kicking my ass in my first playthrough.
>>
>>161527706
I thought the little blue guys were the kids.
>>
>>161527781
3/5 of this game is knowing enemy placement and movesets. You'll have a much easier time the second go, especially now that you're likely geared.
>>
>>161527927

I'm pretty sure the ayys are fucked up humans that have been experimented on.
Is the whore's alien babby supposed to be the same type of creature or is it just lazy modelling?
>>
>A toddler can beat cleric beast
Someone will defend this
>>
>>161528284
Cleric Beast is the tutorial boss.
>>
File: bone fist.png (15KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
bone fist.png
15KB, 220x165px
>The best weapon is trapped in the worst game

It isn't fair... it just isn't fair...
>>
>>161523497
>>161523864
>>161524531
These are all great. i'll probably have them finished by tomorrow, i'm really tired tonight

>>161523545
That would just look like a tricycle, anon.
>>
>>161528284
It doesn't matter because father gascoine ups the difficulty almost tenfold compared to the cleric beast, especially if you don't know you're supposed to use the music box.
>>
>>161528284
>>161528327
Well that didn't take long.
>>
>>161528214
I'm thinking the latter. If it's MP/Oedon's baby then it should look unique or have no form at all. I think those things are newborns and the ayys are kids.
>>
>>161527781
I solo'd the entire game and DLC except for one boss, the reason I got PS+, and that wasn't even Orphan. He's fucking tough, but an amazing fight, it's a rush when you kill him.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161124214229.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161124214229.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
Really makes you think
>>
Why doesn't the main character turn into a beast after receiving blood ministration, and why does he/she get pulled into the hunter's dream after either dying or lighting a lamp? It's one part of the plot that I feel isn't really explained anywhere
From my understanding the main character is a foreigner coming to Yharnam to get blood therapy, but somehow 1. only wakes up after the mensis ritual already fucked everything up 2. doesn't turn into a beast and 3. gets pulled into the dream to become a hunter for no obvious reason I can think of
>>
>>161528284
>makes random disparaging claims
>>
>>161528284
>DSP can't beat the cleric beast without reaching level 30 first
Someone will defend this
>>
>>161529187
We don't really know when the Good Hunter showed up in Yharnam or how long he was out after receiving blood ministration.
GH goes back to the dream when he dies because he signed the contract for blood ministration with the MP.
GH can turn into a beast.
>>
Is it me or does Ludwigs have a shit hitbox on its transform? Despite being a greatsword the r1 constantly whiffs when it look like it should've hit. It's r2 feels consistent though.
>>
File: 1470954683513.png (207KB, 301x389px) Image search: [Google]
1470954683513.png
207KB, 301x389px
>get to fishing hamlet for the first time
>get near the well area
>literally over 15 enemies in one single area

Is this supposed to be fun?
>>
>>161528284
>a toddler beat the cleric beast more easily than i did on my first playthrough

it hurts
>>
>>161529187
>Why doesn't the main character turn into a beast after receiving blood ministration, and why does he/she get pulled into the hunter's dream after either dying or lighting a lamp?

You were in the right place at the right time, really. Why any Hunters, or anyone at all, are chosen for stuff is a mystery. Remember that beast burning alive in the cutscene? It's symbolic of beasthood being removed from you, seemingly by an outside force, probably the Moon Presence. Part of this game people need to understand is the cosmic horror angle. There's just some stuff you're not meant, or able to know, it's the nature of the genre, it's the nature of horror in general, the unknown.

The Moon Presence wanted you for something, and that something isn't explicitly clear. Does it want you to kill Mergo? Was killing Mergo not part of the plan? Did it want you as a surrogate and killing Mergo for an umbilical cord was the only way and that succeeded/failed (depending on the ending you get)? We'll never know because ultimately the idea is these entities exist on a higher plane that doesn't seem like the place humanity ought to be.

It can frustrating knowing you'll never actually get proper concrete answers to this, but it's personally why I love it. From did a good fucking job with the horror part of this game.
>>
>>161529380
>GH can turn into a beast.

Not in the way other people do. We get the Beast's Embrace rune, but that's a totally controlled, unique thing, a Caryll rune, and that shit is it's own thing away from Insight and Blood. That Laurence was holding it I think implies he was trying to control beasthood in the early days, maybe for himself, maybe for everyone.

The Good Hunter will never succumb the Beast Scourge like regular people who partake of bloof.
>>
>>161529380
>contract for blood ministration with the MP

Blood minister is MP now?

>>161529571
Yes.

>>161529616
I love the fact that it's still open to speculation. Really think they struck a perfect balance between what we know and what we don't. Any more in either direction would have been frustrating. Too vague and there would essentially be no story. Too specific and the mystery would vanish.
>>
>>161529380
The hunter doesn't seem to sign any contract with the Moon Presence at all. Just aks for blood ministration in Yharnam, which likely requires a contract, and which is probably what the Minister is talking about, standard procedure. And yeah, the good hunter can turn into a beast, but seemingly at will and only through the use of a rune, which is completely different from what happens to nearly everyone else.
Also, regarding the hunter's dream, it's unclear when it actually started. Like Im pretty sure that Gherman, Maria & co had nothing to do with the Moon Presence at first, and hunters only became related to it afterwards? In which case, how did the Hunter's dream actually start, and how many hunters actually experienced it? that could be the key to understanding why the player character gets to go there
>>
FERAM TOR A
MI SUMUS VENATA
>>
>>161529767
I imagine it has something to do with the insight he gains offsetting the degradation brought on by the blood.
>>
>>161529849
>Blood minister is MP now?
Why would you think that?
>>
>>161529849
>Blood minister is MP now?

Blood Minister's just a blood minister, MP stepped in itself as it all happened.

>>161530235
It's also because it was literally removed from them at the beginning of the game. You got your blood transfusion you came for, and it would have led to becoming a beast because it's Yharnam blood after all, but the MP stepped in for whatever reason it has and here we are. That burning beast was symbolic of the scourge being removed.
>>
>>161528342
what makes it so good ?
>>
This fucking general.

I hear, I can't even think of the word 'Ahh' without grinning now.
>>
>>161530452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6uw8ATYmY
>>
>>161530452
iOUT-FUCKING SKILLED
>>
>>161530452
MALEDICTUS
>>
>>
>>161530279
Is/is working with. Based on the statement in the post being replied to.

>>161530351
>That burning beast was symbolic of the scourge being removed.

I think that's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>161530019
A contract implies some sort of exchange of services. We give blood, you hunt. From a story standpoint there is no purpose for the contract if it isn't binding you to do something. In this case it seems obvious to me, at least, that the contract is an agreement to serve the MP for the duration of the hunt in exchange for immunity to beasthood and blood ministration.
>>
>>161530964
i agree with the burning beast metaphor, its too perfect, hunters that have dreams dont fall intro the beast meme
>>
File: 1473697414011.png (133KB, 808x637px) Image search: [Google]
1473697414011.png
133KB, 808x637px
>>161530371
It gives you a neat moveset, possibly the only decent thing to ever come out of DaS2
>>
>>161531140
Ds2 is actually decent though, especially with SoFS fixing a bunch of shit. I really enjoyed it, but I can understand why people don't like it.
>>
>>161530964
I agree with him. It really doesn't seem all that much of a stretch to say that a beast that was about to dig into you bursting into flames to be replaced with messengers climbing over you was a representation of the MP preventing beasthood from taking hold of you and taking you into it's service.
>>
>>161531140
i bought it for 20$, killed some dude in 10 seconds with a giant crosbow and stopped there, everything just feels so slow

the gestures are insanely good, so much disrespect fuel
>>
File: 1474486798651.jpg (106KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1474486798651.jpg
106KB, 604x604px
>>161528358
Oeden.
On.
Tricycle.
>>
>>161531364
It could have been an actual beast trying to get at you and MP savings you because you're needed.

It could be simple insanity as there's a little of that going around.

It could be the early effects of blood ministration.

It could be any number of things. I like the theory too but to definitely call it symbolic of the scourge being removed as though there were hard evidence to support that is a big stretch.
>>
>>161531428
BB was my first Souls game so switching to DaS2 during the sale was really tough. Between that and it being a huge eyesore I was actually unable to get more than an hour or so into the game. Might try it again in the future, after 3.
>>
>>161531979
>Might try it again in the future
Don't bother, it doesn't get better.
>>
>>161531880
The way it appears in the first place was pretty mystical/magical in itself. Almost dreamlike That and the fact is most Miyazaki games use symbolism and BB goes far beyond the call of duty in that regard too.
>>
File: bee.png (273KB, 562x522px) Image search: [Google]
bee.png
273KB, 562x522px
So I got this game on black Friday and I just beat it right now and I want to PVP and invade or a lease try with very few people left.

I want to roll a quality build. Is this over leveled, under leveled or this is completely fucked? I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>161532630
it's about 80% fucked with around 20 points wasted in endurance, bloodtinge, and arcane if you're going for a quality build

I'd recommend restarting and aiming for 50 Vitality, 50 Strength, 25 skill (exchange strength for skill if you prefer but the best gems are for strength)
>>
>>161532630
It's not salvageable at any reasonable level, sadly. You're spread too thin.

Best you can do is VIT to 50 STR to 50, and that'll leave you at 117.

Which is a fine build, just not as good as it could be if properly minmaxed, especially at that level. You can basically have a good level 98 build, just at 117 because you need the extra points to right yourself.
>>
>>161532630
Vit should be 40-50
Depending on weapons you like, for a quality build go 25-50 str/skl or vice versa
End shouldn't be above 15 ever, really.
The meta for our weekend fight clubs is 98.
>>
>>161531979
Demon's souls and dark souls 1 are the best choices design wise after BB. Play those first, they're slow and methodical but the world and area design philosophy is very familiar to a bloodborne fan. Ds2 felt lime you were under water.
>>
>>161532478
>t appears in the first place was pretty mystical/magical in itself.
>it appears
>Almost dreamlike That and the fact is most Miyazaki games use symbolism

It seems like it and he uses symbolism so this must prove what you're saying is true. Come on now. You must realize how weak that argument is.
>>
>>161533695
Didn't mean to upset you. I'm not trying to pass it off as fact, I'm making conjecture.

My argument is that symbolism is used a fuckton in BB and this instance appears to be another case of that. Not only does it not make sense for it not to be it also doesn't seem to serve the narrative in any way if it isn't.
>>
>Bloodletting beast
Did they not playtest this at all?
The camera is way too wonky.
Or is ballhugging a cheese strat From never balanced around other than the occasional "get off my dick dude" attack?
>>
>>161533695
Not him, but I'm the guy who originally said it was supposed to be symbolic of beasthood being burned away.

I say it's so for a few reasons:

What the hell else is it even supposed to be or mean? The Good Hunter jams countless Yharnam blood vials in their leg, never shows a speck of scourge infection, beasthood does not affect us, ever, save for the application of a controlled Caryll rune, which, let's face it, is cosmetic and a counter to the Broccoli, which likewise doesn't mean we ascend to Kin status.

Beasts don't just manifest out of randomly appearing blood pools, not a single time has this been witnessed, so some beast didn't just get in. Also, has blunt as this may be, the beast is quite literally born of the blood. The blood you just got pumped into your body.

The beast also bursting into flames and having Messengers, inhabitants of the Nightmare, dream creatures, get to you instead, seems pretty clear to me something else got to you at first.

That's just my reasoning. The emblematic beast being burned away out of the blood seems like a metaphor for your beasthood immunity. I just don't see what else it could be.
>>
>>161534551
Just don't lock on.
>>
Lucifer is trying to fag up /tfg/, can someone drop me one of those educational images about not replying to him so I can educate the people there ?
>>
Finished my first frc Ihyll. Ooof. What a rollercoaster ride. I feel equal amounts accomplished and depressed. I don't think I've ever died that much in a FromSoft game.

The, uh, the difficulty is supposed to be absolutely insane, right? Or do I just suck?
>>
File: REMINDER.png (139KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
REMINDER.png
139KB, 640x600px
>>161536423
Please don't speak that name. It has a tendency to follow.
>>
>>161536423
What educational image? All you need to do is filter his tripcode and he's gone forever. I'm assuming everyone here has already done that.
>>
File: 1465095235780.png (572KB, 1200x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1465095235780.png
572KB, 1200x1072px
>>161536423
>So many people have blocked Lucy on /bbg/ and /dsg/ that he had to go to fucking /tfg/ for (you)'s
>>
>>161536504
Thanks.
>>
>Beast posessed soul
Wow a boss so easy you lose from sheer boredom
Well, at least I found out the flame throwing attack has infinite poise, just got 1 shot because I thought a fully charged r2 would stagger it
Weird how an r1 staggers is any other time though
>>
>just beat NG+ and got Platnium
>no email about the free theme yet

How long does this usually take?
>>
>>161537534
I got my plat like nearly a year ago, and didn't ever get any email
>>
Anyone wanna run through a dungeon or two with me?
>>
Remove Hunters
>>
File: GUHJFUIYTJFL.jpg (117KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
GUHJFUIYTJFL.jpg
117KB, 800x700px
ded thread ;_;
>>
>>161538961
Im running dungeons right now but Im only in central pthumeru
>>
>>161510089

since I never got a response, i guess i can take that as an implicit admission that Ludwig's Rifle is trash
>>
File: 1445474821517.jpg (2MB, 1509x2040px) Image search: [Google]
1445474821517.jpg
2MB, 1509x2040px
>ww1 influenced souls game never
I just want to bayonet rush a man missing half his face.
>>
>>161542327
WWI doesn't have Nazis
That's why we never see it in fiction
>>
File: 1477000206589.png (174KB, 731x689px) Image search: [Google]
1477000206589.png
174KB, 731x689px
Anyone down to help me with Logarius? Ringing now, pass is bbg.
>>
>>161542690
Sure, I'll come. Ringing now.
>>
File: 2.jpg (728KB, 1200x1730px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
728KB, 1200x1730px
>>161542756
Thanks my dude, gg
>>
>>161543014
No worries!
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161201193108.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161201193108.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
What a bloody mess.
>>
File: 1441735676717.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441735676717.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
does anyone else get anxiety when they think about the fact that someday (maybe even someday soon, knock on wood) this game is going to die out and have no one else playing it? I get that there's only so much to do with any game but it really blows knowing that eventually it's going to go the way of DeS and not have anyone to co-op / pvp with.
>>
>>161545310
Try not to stress about inevitabilities too much, friend.

On the note of co-op though, I'm making a fresh CRF Isz chalice. If anyone wants to tag along, ring in via SRRC with the password bbgisz.
>>
File: KosmicFeels.png (1007KB, 1000x1172px) Image search: [Google]
KosmicFeels.png
1007KB, 1000x1172px
>>161545310
The main issue comes from the fact that Miyazaki had made what could be called a near perfect game with BB, especially after The Old Hunters came out, I can't see any game I play in the future (even one made by Miyazaki) beating Bloodborne in just how amazingly well made it is.
Basically, once BB dies that's it, nothing will ever fill that void again.
>>
Why is Ludwig's Holy Blade a "meme weapon"?
>>
>>161546101
Noobs gravitate towards it, and it has one of the highest, if not the highest potential AR in the game.
>>
The only objective improvement that Bloodborne can have is that it is released with a version that comes with The Old hunters ala Prepare to Die addition

Because what if you can't download The Old hunters anymore?
>>
>>161546141
fugg, it looks like I fell for the trap. i really like it because its the claymore i've always wanted and I dont have the Moonlight Greatsword yet
>>
>>161546210
If you like it, use it.
>>
>>161546159
In Asia and Europe a version with Old Hunters on Disk exists.

Blame Sony NA for assuming Americans hate physical media.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161201200909.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161201200909.webm
3MB, 960x540px
A giant boar. My worst enemy.
>>
Would someone like to kill amygdala with me? Password bbg
>>
>>161546397
Which Amygdala? The one in the Frontier?
>>
>>161546465
Oh, yes sorry that's the one
>>
>>161546368
#4theplayers
>>
>>161546518
I'll be ringing outside the fog gate.
>>
>>161546396
truly the most memorable bosses in the series
>>
>>161546547
thanks friend, nice and smooth
>>
>>161546675
Happy to help!
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161010090336.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161010090336.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>161546396
They care nothing for the conventions of reality.
>>
>>161546710
About to fight Martyr Logarius if you would like to join for that too? And anyone else is welcome to join
>>
>>161546921
Yeah, sure. Same password?
>>
>>161546969
Yep!
>>
File: 1478713588993.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478713588993.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>161546918
>>
>>161546969
Should probably mention I'm ringing at the lamp
>>
File: 1451115199933.png (168KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1451115199933.png
168KB, 400x399px
>>161546918
Holy shit.

>>161546986
Ringan.
>>
>session lost
Well, that was unexpected. Ringing again.
>>
>>161547038
Not like this
>>
>>161547381
We were so close...apparently my backstab attempt failed while he was charging up his aura.
>>
>>161547423
I got memed by his combo
>>
Chalice Dungeon Rom keeps killing me
>>
>>161547507
Want a hand?
>>
>>161547616
It okay thanks for offewr
>>
>>161547448
Pfff that ending thanks for your help again
>>
>>161546918
>>
>>161547659
No problem! Enjoy.
>>
>>161547750
Gon do ludwig if you would like to again join me
>>
Do you think maybe some day From will be capable of making a Souls-style game and not include some kind of annoying fuckshit dog enemy?
>>
Uh, my beckoner died but the boss died too. What happen?
>>
>>161547902
I'll be there shortly if you still need it.
>>
>>161548129
Yep!
>>
>>161548176
Where should I ring?
>>
>>161548237
2nd church lamp before his fog gate
>>
>>161548267
Ringan.
>>
>>161548292
GL US
>>
RIP
>>
Once you bros kick Ludwig's ass, can you help me with Rom?
>>
>>161549267
Yeah I'm down
>>
>>161549457
Tell me when you guys are done, if I don't reply in the thread within 5 minutes it means I fucked off
>>
I can't believe I'm getting memed this hard by ludwig
>>
>>161549476
We got 'em!
>>
Ay we did it, thanks for sticking it out with me
>>161549476
Still want help?
>>
>>161549904
>>161549925
Great job! You guys know how to do the chalice dungeon co-op?
What password should I use?
>>
>>161549957
Just use the password bbg, we can SRRC in that way.
>>
>>161549981
"bbg" ? alright. Both of you comin'?
>>
>>161550023
I'm ringing.
>>
>>161549957
>>161549981
I'm not 100% sure on how to do it, I'm not sure I have the required item to participate but it have an alt that should
>>
>>161550056
Go to the first tombstone across from the doll, there should be a "Search for co-op option"
>>
>>161550091
Ah yep got it, ringing
>>
how do i filter trip fags on appchan?
>>
Please Vote /v/. Late 2016 platform census,

Please bump thread if you vote. Thank you

http://www.strawpoll.me/11773167

>>>/v/359273430
>>
>>161550149
You're on the wrong board.
>>
>>161550037
>>161550120
Guys I think I have to give you the dungeon glyph code.
>>
>>161550253
We'd have to clear through the dungeon to get to the layer Rom is on to ring there anyway, so I'm not sure if that would help.
You've got the right password set and such, yeah?
>>
>>161550309
Yeah I do. I got one of you.
>>
>>161550309
you'll need to make the dungeon set to open if it's a root chalice. otherwise anyone can join you for coop
>>
It's working! It's wooorking!
>>
aaaaaaaaaaaaaOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KOD
>>
>>161550445
Kodm
>>
File: Bloodborne Arianna Adella.jpg (157KB, 582x692px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Arianna Adella.jpg
157KB, 582x692px
Here lies our companion Nanon
He died bravely so that we may live

Thanks for the help guys, you turn the game into easy mode
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161201221307.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161201221307.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
Ha ha, time for more suffer. Previous floor was the same type of room with two Hemwick Witches, one at either end. Thankfully this floor only seems to have one witch.

>>161550608
No problem, happy to help dude.
>>
>>161550608
Aah and we were so close too.. Glad you guys got em and happy to help!
>>
What's the fucking purpose of those worms that come out of the white torch-holding beasts when you kill them?

What is the fucking purpose? Their only purpose in the game is to be annoying.

There's always a 50/50 chance that your weapon will miss the damn thing even if it's standing still because of how small its hitbox is.
>>
>>161550690
FUCK THERE'S ANOTHER HEMWICK WITCH
>>
>>161550690
>>161551027
Welcome to chalice dungeons.
>>
>>161550608
I can't unsee a bleeding smiley face now.
>>
>>161551023
Hit the beast with a torch/fire and then kill it. No more vermin.
>>
>>161551023
Just run, lad.

Why is it that the Silverbeasts in Loran don't have vermin within them?
>>
>>161551189
I keep forgetting that fresh, undocumented CRFs are extremely likely to be horrific pits of suffering.
>>
>>161551459

Developers probably forgot to put those worms in them.

Seriously though, the problem would have so easily been solved if they added better vertical tracking to weapons just specifically for that enemy and other small enemies like it.

And since we're talking about enemy oddities, why the hell do those giant guards at Hunter's Nightmare with the big axe and the tentacle heads get those stupid lingering hitbox attacks in their low health?

At that point, the only safe way is to visceral cheese.
>>
>played through BB 20 times already
>can no damage even Orphan without viscerals
>but I still can't get the elevator jump at Nightmare of Mensis leading to the Mother Brain blood rock right most of the time

Platforming in Soulsborne games are a mistake.
>>
>>161551651
just wait until you're level with it then roll, I used to make that mistake a lot
>>
>>161551651
Face away and backstep into it.
>>
>>161551551
Hemwick witches aren't too bad, at least for me. You can distract the Mad Ones with a gunshot and watch them run off into a corner.
But I can't fucking handle Cainhurst hunters always hiding in corners and scaring the living shit out of me. Fuck them and their heat-seeking, air-curving bullets.
>>
>>161551918
Blue Elixirs also work extremely well. Unless you get within arm's reach of Mad Ones after chugging an Elixir, they'll completely ignore you. The Witches won't, which means you have to kill them fast, but it's definitely something. Until you end up finding the Witch in a tiny-ass room with all 3 Mad Ones surrounding her and every avenue of attack carries a huge risk of death.

I actually have more trouble with Bone Ash hunters than Cainhurst hunters, to be honest. Cainhurst hunters can be fairly predictable but jesus fuck those Saw Spears are nasty as hell.
>>
I'm level 126 and want to engage in some cooperative activities where should I go/does anyone want help with anything?
>>
This game still alive? It's been years.
>>
>>161553545
I'm happy you're offering help to everyone, but I don't think there's going to be many hunters looking for aid at 5 in the morning
There's usually people asking for help in the thread, they use the password "bbg"
>>
>>161553726
>time zones
You raise a good point, guess I'll try later on.
>>
>>161553545
>>161553849
I'll be on in about 30-45 mins to do the dlc, been in the dungeons for too long. I've not even gone to ng+ yet.
>>
>After you beat the MP the dream keeps going in the last cutscene
Its only you and the doll there spooky
>>
>>161555074
I want to live in a world where only the doll exists.
>>
>>161555321
Don't we all.
>>
What gems do I need to make my saw cleaver hit the hardest? Just 3 27.2%'s?
>>
How do i cheese Ludwig the accursed? The first phase is killing me, been stuck for 5 hours.
>>
>>161556383
dodge left and hit his belly over and over
>>
>>161553584
No, literally nobody plays Bloodborne anymore, the servers were taken down and given to Dark Souls 2. All these posts are about a Bugs Bunny game. Bugs Bunny General.
>>
>>161557268
is this true??
>>
>>161557383
No, because Bloodborne was cancelled before release
>>
>>161557383
Of course it is.
We're just using Bloodborne terminology in place of Bugs Bunny to make ourselves seem more mature. People won't take us seriously otherwise.
>>
File: Gunfade.gif (61KB, 479x703px) Image search: [Google]
Gunfade.gif
61KB, 479x703px
>>161557895
>>161558142
I want to wake up from this terrible rabbit hunters nightmare
>>
The hunters must die. The nightmare must end.
>>
File: 1479615871016.jpg (43KB, 632x548px) Image search: [Google]
1479615871016.jpg
43KB, 632x548px
>>161559314
You know the drill
>>
>>161546141
>>161546210
Holy moonlight sword has the highest Ar potential in0₩ the game if you go 50/50/50
>>
>>161558142
Guys I'm new to Bugs Bunny and I'm trying to decide what weapon to upgrade. The acme chainsaw seems pretty good but I'm really liking the piano cannon on paper and I'm wondering if it's worth the stat investment.
>>
Does anyone need some co-op?
>>
>>161560490
get the dlc and get the acme refrigerator, decent damage but pretty sick movement option syou otherwise cant do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5cVYeeMzGI
>>
>>161561078
Not nearly as good as 50 STR Anvil with 1 HA and 2 blunt gems.
>>
>>161547950
At least you can shoot em.
I switched over to Dark Souls 3's DLC and found myself pulling L2 out of habit.
>>
File: 1474179511073.png (119KB, 215x231px) Image search: [Google]
1474179511073.png
119KB, 215x231px
>>161561327
>tfw farming wrong turn at Albuquerque rabbit holes for blunt gems
>>
I finally beat BB last night. Gehrman went down on my second try.

What now? Thinking about doing an arcane build
>>
Can someone help me with laurence he is really pain in the ass. Password: Kos and lvl 93
>>
Does the boom hammer only has blunt damage? Is a blunt damage useful for it?
>>
>>161564228
Hang on my man, I can't come right now, maybe in half an hour or so.
>>
>>161564228
sure give me a minute
>>
>>161563863
Gehrman isn't the real final boss anon
>>
File: 9983acde.jpg (44KB, 438x400px) Image search: [Google]
9983acde.jpg
44KB, 438x400px
>>161564351
Fucking unreal, want to try again ?
>>
>>161564951
sure thing
>>
>>161564951
damn it, that was my bad sorry. Did you get him?
>>
>>161551459
>>161551554

They do actually. they just spawn at a much lower rate. I have screenshots to prove it.
>>
File: tumblr_nv9acjqbOX1t3ongfo1_500.jpg (102KB, 435x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv9acjqbOX1t3ongfo1_500.jpg
102KB, 435x750px
>>161565240
Damn just died it was again like max 7 hits away
>>
>>161564240
Blunt/Fire. 50 Strength Blunt gems, 25/50 Str/Arc Nourishings.
>>
>>161565480
Ill ring again, I'm up for keeping at it till we kill him.
>>
>>161565587
okay nice
>>
>>161565551
What if I fucked up my build and went 40/30 Str/Skl with 25 Arc? Not him by the way.
>>
>>161565693
Blunt or Nourishings, your pick. Blunt would probably be better for PvP, Nourishings for stuff weak to elements/fire.
>>
>>161563863
NG+, get three third cords, get the secret ending.
>>
>>161565587
Thank you very much, you sir are a real hero!
>>
>>161565885
No problem! It was pretty fun, give us a shout if you need any more co-op.
>>
Is Laurence the worst fucking boss in BB? I wish I could've been in the room when FROM decided to design that cancer fuck. I really want to know what their thinking was when they made him.
>>
The white church Hunter after ludwig isn't Amelia, right?
>>
How does the holy moonlight sword work?

Is the transformed sword better than untransformed?
>>
>>161556383
Hug his nuts but not too hard. Go in while he's attacking, stay until he stops attacking and quickly get the fuck out.
>>
>>161567301
Transformed has an arcane buff and greater arcane damage multiplier. It also fires moon beams and has an explosive thrust. Both forms of the sword are excellent but prioritize str and then arcane unless you lie hunter tools.
>>
>>161567301
Transformed does more arcane damage and less physical damage. And you get projectile attacks on the R2. Both forms are 10/10, but the untricked R2 is one of the most broken moves in the entire game.
>>
>>161567592
Why tho
>>
>>161568295
Range, speed, damage
>>
>>161566635
He's not Celestial Ayymissary
>>
>>161566668
Probably not since Laurence wasn't human in the nightmare. I also heard she has a different voice actress but I might be wrong.
>>
>>161566668
She's not. The voice is completely different.
>>
>TOH NG++++
>church duo are harder than Ludwig
>>
>>161571086
NG cycles also make Failures harder than Ludwig
>>
>>161571086
I like the idea that Ludwig can't possibly get harder and you just git gud or lucky on your first time.
>>
>haven't played in 5 months
>never beat the game, can't remember what I was doing

Is the game still decently populated at least?
>>
You know that little girl who asks you to find her mum?
I never did find her mum but I did tell her about the Chapel being a safe place. She hasnt seem to have arrived at all, even after killing Vicar Amelia.
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>161571595
Check the sewer.
>>
>>161571534
This question gets asked at least once every thread. The answer is always yes.
>>
where the fuck do i go? i don't want to look up a walkthrough or anything, but i'm seriously confused as to where to go. I've killed Cleric Beast, Blood Starved Beast, Gascoine, Amelia and the Witch of Hemwick so far

And i've got 4 dead ends
>went through the Hyporgean Gaol area and got to a door people were worshipping, no entrance
>climbed to the top of the tower that had the alternate dream in - door was locked
>went to the right of the church amelia was in, got my head crushed by an invisible monster
>Got to some door in the back of the Cathedral Ward that required a Password that i don't have

I've been running around for quite some time. Did i miss Hemwick linking to another area or something like that?
>>
>>161572347
Did you touch the skull in Amelia's area? You should have the password after killing her to open the door.
>>
>>161572347
>>climbed to the top of the tower that had the alternate dream in - door was locked

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>161572347
>went through the Hyporgean Gaol area and got to a door people were worshipping, no entrance
Did you find an eletric boogaloo? If not, explore more.
>>
>>161572558
He means the Healing Church Workshop.
>>
>>161572558
Probably meant the tower that leads to the Abandoned Workshop. The door locked is the one at the top of the tower above the workshop.
>>
>>161572454
oh ok, i was just on my way there to check, im guessing im headed to byrgenwerth then?

also, did they just get super lazy and change Iosefkas VA? She sounds totally different now, or is it a story thing since she wont give me her blood anymore either

>>161572558
the tower with the workshop that you drop down? I climbed to the top up the stairs and ladders and stuff and there was a locked door
>>
File: 1415711480219.jpg (40KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415711480219.jpg
40KB, 473x500px
>>161571595
>>161571676 this
>>
>>161572607
i found tonitrus, the electric weapon, but i'm pretty sure i explored everything and didn't find anything else 'electric'

guess i'll go back
>>
>>161572719
Forbidden Woods then Byrgenwyrth yeah. It's not lazy, it's a story thing.
>>
>>161572719
>She sounds totally different now
Just your imagination, she's the same as always. But beware that the night changes some stuff.

>>161572807
Go back. There's a dancing doggie you missed.
>>
File: 1465762644968.jpg (144KB, 734x544px) Image search: [Google]
1465762644968.jpg
144KB, 734x544px
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>161573054
>a blood vial that continuously restores both stamina and health
Good
>>
>>161573054
theres a link with these two right?

the saint got a bit catty with me after i took the whores blood and she's always looking over

i'm getting out of this thread before i get more spoiled
>>
>>161573604
>asking
>immediately says he doesn't want to get spoilered

do you want me to tell you or not
>>
File: 1479068531814.jpg (1MB, 800x4904px) Image search: [Google]
1479068531814.jpg
1MB, 800x4904px
>>161573321
How about this?
>>
>>161574243
ow the edge
>>
how do I farm for madman's knowledge?
>>
>>161574640
Chalice
>>
File: 1465761401102.jpg (195KB, 690x657px) Image search: [Google]
1465761401102.jpg
195KB, 690x657px
>>161574397
Less edge?
>>
>>161574795
s'alright
>>
File: 1465771669295.jpg (321KB, 600x1953px) Image search: [Google]
1465771669295.jpg
321KB, 600x1953px
>>161574890
more sweet?
>>
I want to Eileen, I like older women.
>>
D-did +8 ever beat the orphan
>>
>>161575038
You mean you want Eileen's big ass metal beak in your a$$
>>
>>161575393
I want to give her a sensual foot massage after a long night of hunting.
>>
I have like 40 to 30 minutes time. Anyone want to explore an self created frc isz or pfthumeru?
>>
why are there so many bloodstains here?
>>
File: 1457347789220.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457347789220.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
>>161575038
I like the plain doll, I like women I could realistically get
>>
>>161576874
They used the madaras whistle
>>
>>161576874
They were committing ritual suicide for the doll
>>
>>161576874
autists sacrificing their life for their waifu
>>
>Get MLGS after a few hours of trying
>Holy shit this is so fun
A few hours later...
>Hmm I wonder what it's like untricked
>That r2 is pretty good
>Oh
>Oh no
>The r2 is fucking broken
Like 4 times the damage with only a little bit more windup time.
Killed ebreitas NG just spamming r2 and not even really trying. Is she just weak to thrust to the head or something?
>>
>>161577251
Your mom is weak to thrust to the head, if you know what I mean
>>
>>161577251
All the kin of the cosmos are very weak to thrust
>>
>>161509313
Isn't that just the Old Hunter set but with Hunter Top Hat?

His coat is just more tattered so it looks like a cape.
>>
>>161577251
As another anon said, thrust is the most damaging attack type vs. Kin, and that sword has a severely powerful thrust.
>>
>>161577251
As the other anons said, thrust melts kin. Church pick with bolt paper is pretty much easy mode for any Isz chalice.
>>
File: CoolStoryBob.png (161KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CoolStoryBob.png
161KB, 300x300px
>>161577889
>>161578000
autism
>>
File: 1432210197881.png (185KB, 455x445px) Image search: [Google]
1432210197881.png
185KB, 455x445px
>>161509313
Dammit Miyazaki! Make capes a separate armor slot.
>>
File: gehrman_the_first_hunter.jpg (16KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
gehrman_the_first_hunter.jpg
16KB, 365x365px
>>161577838
Old hunter set has its own tattered black cape, ripped in half. Gehrman's cape is just like his rifle; completely unique. It's black with red lining, conplete with a tan/faded gold fold over collar.
>>
Who else is doing watchers the fun way and doesn't parry them?
>>
>>161577251
as the anons before me said, thrust destroys kin. equip a weapon with a high thrust damage to help you beat celestial emmissary, one of the toughest bosses in the game.
>>
>>161578160
>Old hunter set has its own tattered black cape, ripped in half.
That's the back of the coat. It's not a cape.
Have you not seen a Duster before?
>>
>>161578160
His cape is very similar to the charred hunters garb, the colour is just a bit different.
>>
Are there any good place to farm for some good slow-poison gems? Preferably triangle or waning ones?
>>
>>161578550
Check the OP for glyphs. The Wiki should have Poison setups.
>>
>>161578148
>no Ornstein plume ever
>no cape slot ever
>no ability to wear head bandages + Gascoigne's hat at the same time for cosplay
Why
>>
>>161516534
Y u not post GIF/Webm version?
>>
>>161578389
It's not, the back of the coat is perfectly intact.
>>
anyone want to kill NG+ ludwig with me? pass is sodar

ringing at nightmare church
>>
Man I wish you could trade gems in for better ones or something. So sick of farming good ones, only to get the same old or worse ones each time.
>>
>>161578858
Will it let me join if I'm not in NG+? My character is high level though since I've done a lot of dungeons with this character
>>
>>161578757
Ornstein set would look like shit on the character even with the plume, it's designed to be worn by a five meter tall giant with different posture and physique.
>>
>>161578464
It's similar but also wider, with a totally different closure and it's not soaked.
>>
>>161578989
yeah you can join no matter what NG+ it is
>>
thanks for the help with ludwig!

we creamed him.
>>
>>161578886
Chalice dungeons and blood gems were a good idea executed very very poorly.
>>
>>161579596
I should have let you visceral him for the finish :(
>>
>>161550608
>Formless Oedon
>Not Oedon Writhe

Pleb artist
>>
>>161579821
lol nah it was all good. that was a fun fight because of how fast we took him down.
>>
>>161555321
But will you call her mama?
>>
>>161578550
The best possible poison gems come from Isz Watchers, it's just stupidly rare. Loran Silver beast drops the next best kind, but it's also quite rare.

I'd be interested to see what a Loran red-Aura madman could drop. They have slightly reduced primary effects but huge secondary effects. You can't get the same effect twice, but you could get some great gems with Rapid and Slow poison.
>>
I'm lvl 45 and getting demolished by Ludwig. Anyone wanna help me?

Pass is bbg, I'll ring outside the boss fog
>>
>been a little over a year since I quit lorefagging
This must be what quitting smoking is like
>>
>>161579935
i wonder if she lets the ascended hunter suckle from her breasts.
>>
>>161580718
But what do you think they meant to imply with Gascoigne's cut demon's souls prayer?
>>
>>161580597
on my way
>>
>>161580919
not that guy, but it's probably just a neat reference. no need to look into it too much, plus it's cut content.
>>
>>161580919
That isn't enough to trigger anyone that's put any real time into the story, just the surface level twitch kids that think everything was a dream
>>
>>161580597
are you ringing and have the pass set and network set to worldwide?

i've been ringing with the pass at the fog gate area for a little bit now.
>>
>>161581127
This
>watching a Soulbrant chat talk about the Cainhurst Summons
I would've paid someone $1000 to kill me
>>
>>161581250
>go to /dsg/ one day
>some people genuinely believe Bloodborne is set in the future of the Souls universe
>>
>>161581235
Damn.. Sorry about that.
>>
>>161581471
it's alright. will you be ringing by the lantern or fog gate?
>>
>>161581615
Fog gate
>>
Anyone want to help me through Nightmare of Mensis? At the first lamp. Would also like to explore the area not just run to the boss(if theres anything to find)

BL65
Pass is butts
>>
>>161581940
on my way
>>
>>161581987
nevermind i forgot i did NG+ i can't access that tombstone yet lol
>>
That was nice. Thanks for the help with Ludwig.
>>
>>161581062
Oh l agree, but it's still very good cut content. Not that it's even remotely canon, but l like the idea of bloodborne taking place centuries after the soul arts were banished as an explanation as to why magic is so scarce and now only exists in the cosmos. Of course, this isn't possible as the history of the pthumerians does not fit with demon's souls at all, but it still is neat to think this might have been a thing in their minds at one point in time.
>>
Plip plop, plip plop.
>>
Anybody up for helping me with Defiled Watchdog quick? Thing is driving me up the freaking walls.
>>
>there are people here who still don't realize Yharnam is a shared dreamspace used for psychological healing
Hold me famygadalas.
>>
>>161582231
Makin' a poop?
>>
>>161582234
sure, password?
>>
>>161582231
Splish splash, splish splash
>>
>>161582268
I like ENB well enough but no. Go back to twitch.
>>
>>161582268
I remember someone saying the whole game was one big flashback to another hunt and based all of that on the time of day changing and a Djura glitch

I used to fucking love laughing at shit like that, then DS3 came out and we found out we'd never get anything like BB ever again
>>
>>161582268
Dreamfags pls go and read The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
>>
>>161582417
thanks lets go for: deaddog
>>
> SKL boosts Visceral damage
> ARC boosts Item Discovery
> STR and BLT get diddly dick

Why?

STR should have slightly raised rally potential (an extra 50% at 99 STR) and BLT should have raised blood bullet count (4 at 0 BLT, 5 at 7 BLT, 6 at 10 BLT, 7 at 15 BLT, 8 at 25 BLT, 9 at 50 BLT and 10 at 99 BLT.
>>
>>161581940
Bump

Im not >>161582105 so ignore that guy
>>
>>161582473
>>161582514
>Please stop contradicting my headcanon!
No
>>
>>161582686
fuck me I got stuck under its legs during the charge
>>
>>161582979
yeah I saw haha im ready again
>>
>>161582915
>posts headcannon
>claims everyone else is headcannoning

Come on now. Okay, if Yharnam is a dream, why is good hunter wearing clothes from his hunt in Yharnam sunrise?
If you claim that is also a dream, your delusion is beyond hope.
>>
>one anon has quit
>the rest are stuck in the vicious cycle forever
>>
>>161583174
Because it was what GH was wearing before the dream.
>>
>>161582979
My nigga! Ty familia ty.
>>
>>161583570
np, I find him quite easy if you just bait that long bite attack then whack him on the head, bit awkward to do in co-op though
>>
Bloodborne is the dying dream of the player.

Beasts represent your sickness, your illness. That's why you fight them.

Kin represent a violent, invasive, painful cure that would ultimately leave you just as bad as dying of the sickness.

The Great Ones are death in all their vast unknowability.

Byrgenwerth studies into the Pthumerians are fear of the medical practices taking over your life as you are ill.

The Healing Church represents the ultimately futile and maybe even dangerous route of delusional denial of life, the total denial of the will to survive, the acceptance of death, after all, the Church worships the Great Ones who are death and probably believe a better existence lies beyond with them.

The Yharnam Sunrise Ending symbolizes your recovery. Gehrman, an almost literal grim reaper,releases you from the dying dream and from the night into the dawn of a new day.

The Honoring Wishes Ending symbolizes a fitful, unsure continuing existence, a vegetable state, a comatose existence as you exist within the stagnant dying dream forever more.

The Childhood's Beginning Ending symbolizes the battle against but eventual acceptance of your death. You railed against death but in the end you subconsciously accepted it and only when there's nothing left to rail against do you accept your situation.
>>
>>161583639
Yeah I mean I got fairly close once I figured out the pattern, but there was always that one moment where I would just get a little too greedy and get 1 shot....
>>
>>161582915
>muh headcanon

Seriously read Dream-Quest, it's the entire concept of a waking world and the Nightmare. You're uninformed.
>>
>>161583562
Then what the fuck is the Foreigner set?

Suck on that faggot.
>>
>>161583704
Well presented, but you're wrong.
>>
>>161583837
It's the set that all foreigners to Yharnam wear when they first enter the dream.
>>
Anyone want to help kill failures and Maria? Pass is edge. I'm at the bottom of the flight of stairs.
>>
>>161584527
If you summon for Failures you pretty much have to be at the lamp or at the door. I've never seen a successful summon anywhere else in the zone.
>>
>>161584705
Huh. I didn't realize you could summon right by the fog. The bell gets crossed out on the stairs, so I just assumed it didn't let you. I'm there now in any case.
>>
->Micolash whines like a bitch wheb you kill him
That's what he gets for running like one
>>
>>161584808
There's a tiny spot on the threshold that will let you summon, yeah.

BL? I haven't played in a bit; don't want to get downscaled too hard.
>>
>>161585021
>>
>>161585087
Ah, that's fine. I'll be right there.
>>
>>161583831
The number of people who haven't read Dreamquest is astounding. Especially people who talk about HP in relation to Bloodborne.
>>
File: 12342141234.jpg (294KB, 1000x702px) Image search: [Google]
12342141234.jpg
294KB, 1000x702px
>>161585283
>tfw Bloodborne was what got you to read Lovecraft
Currently at the Strange Case of Charles Ward.
>>
>>161585087
Just in case you're not aware, you gotta start the fight and leave the room some way or another to summon for Maria.
>>
>>161585745
I know, I just had to deal with a level.
>>
>>161585678
Same here, anon. I bring the collection of his works with me and read a couple of stories a day during the commute to class.
Currently at "At the Mountains of Madness".

So far, my favourites are:
>Dagon
>From Beyond
>The Picture in the House
>The Statement of Randolph Carter
>The Temple
"Sweet Ermengarde" too because it gave me a hearty kek all the way through.
>>
>>161585283
>G-guys this story by Lovecraft uses the same terminology it's totally canon!
Next you're going to say cthulhu is a great one
>>
>>161586067
I actually started getting into him just before I played Bloodborne, so the twist from Gothic Horror to Cosmic was a pleasant surprise. My personal favorites are Dreamquest, the Colour out of Space, and the Haunter of the Dark because it's really comfy.
>>
>>161586125
The mechanics of it are kinda the same. The Dream in Lovecraft is both a psychological space and a physical one. You project yourself to it, but you could also theoretically go there physically. The same is true in Bloodborne.
>>
File: 1234123412412.jpg (72KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1234123412412.jpg
72KB, 800x533px
>>161586067
>Sweet Ermengarde
Mah fuckin' nigger, I never expected Lovecraft to be such a cheeky cunt.
>>
>>161586304
That's what I always thought the dream of Yharnam was. It adds to the layers concept we see in the nightmares where the different nightmares are stacked on top of one another.
>>
File: deadstate-deep-sea-squid.png (362KB, 604x368px) Image search: [Google]
deadstate-deep-sea-squid.png
362KB, 604x368px
>>161586183
I've heard The Colour out of Space to be the favourite of many people, so I'm very excited to get to it.
Dagon and The Temple resonate with me because I'm absolutely fascinated with the sea, its depths, and the creatures within. It's terrifying, seeing what types of things live in the deep sea, and imagining what creatures we've yet to even discover. It's strange how the sea can manage to be so spooky, yet comfy. Sometimes, I like to think of myself just drifting in the ocean, hearing the roar of the water around me. It must look infinitely vast and deep. I wonder if that's how floating in space would feel like.
The Temple was especially great with that sense of claustrophobia in the submarine, just floating down into the depths. That sense of despair mixed with fascination was great.
>>161586729
>"One day as 'Squire Hardman sat in the front parlour of his expensive and palatial home, indulging in his favourite pastime of gnashing his teeth and swishing his riding-crop..."
Shit's hysterical man
>>
>>161586125
I feel you might not know that Cthulhu is referred to as a Great Old One, which if you didn't pick up on, is why Bloodborne's Great Ones are called that.

Bloodborne straight up lifts a ton of stuff from Lovecraft. The Nightmare is the Dreamlands, the Silverbeasts are Gugs, the Fishing Hamlet is Innsmouth, the Amygdalae have traditional Cthulhu faces, the entire concept of Pthumeru and its inhabitants is straight out of anything from The Nameless City to At the Mountains of Madness, the Insight mechanic is derived from the reveal of the story 'From Beyond', one fantastic little detail is the exit from the Astral Clocktower to the Hamlet mirrors almost perfectly the first reveal of 'The Outsider', there being solid ground outside a castle tower top.

It's really no stretch of the imagination to say this stuff when Bloodborne's entire shtick is 'it was Lovecraftian horror all along'.
>>
So much artificial difficulty
>Fighting Pizza Girl
>Soundly kicking her ass
>She does that charge attack
>She's pretty far, run towards her to close distance
>Dodge
>NOPE HUR HUR YOU WERE RUNNING SO YOU'RE GOING TO JUMP NOW
>Jump right into it

Why the fuck is jump not it's own button? L3 and R3 literally don't do anything
>>
>>161586965
>The Colour out of Space

Fucking good shit, my man, pick a good quiet time and get into the atmosphere. Of all the stories Lovecraft wrote, that one is legitimately unsettling.

The Picture in the House is another really good and much shorter story.
>>
>>161586990
>BB takes concepts from Lovecraft
to
>Everything in BB works the same as it does in Lovecraftian lore!
The mental leaps are astounding.
>>
File: no reason to live.jpg (52KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
no reason to live.jpg
52KB, 416x700px
>15 minutes
Alright so I'm not getting to fight Maria am I?
>>
>>161586965
The Temple was amazing, leaving what was in the temple itself after that much top-tier buildup was a great move on Lovecraft's part.
>>
File: 1479945519435.png (177KB, 499x307px) Image search: [Google]
1479945519435.png
177KB, 499x307px
Are any math-anons around? I'm terrible at working out numbers but I'm getting really into this Korean gem business.
It's mainly the weapon versions I'm struggling with, I don't get the difference in slots.

I need help with the best version (std, uncanny, lost) and gem setup for the boom hammer and logarius wheel on a 50STR/50ARC build to take maximum advantage of the arcane elements of said weapons (Tricked forms) while still being viable untricked.

I need to purge.
>>
>>161586965
>Squire Hardman! When the lovers had finally strolled away he leapt out into the lane, viciously twirling his moustache and riding-crop, and kicking an unquestionably innocent cat who was also out strolling.
>“Curses!” he cried—Hardman, not the cat
>>
>>161587217
R3 locks on, senpai.
>>
>>161587558
You'll probably want the lost variation of both if you're going for nouriishing gems
>>
>>161587285
>BB takes central concepts and themes from Lovecraft and builds entire game's backstory around it
>nope means absolutely nothing

Really makes you think.
>>
>>161587452
I could come if you need help
>>
>>161588018
>>BB takes central concepts and themes from Lovecraft and builds entire game's backstory around it
>That means everything works exactly the same! Also cthulhu is a great one! Odeon is a shoggoth!
>>
>>161588163
Okay, but why would the entirety of Yharnam be a dream, when every other dreamland in the game is shown to have fucked up landscape, and Yharnam itself makes sense geographically?
>>
File: 1474836834401.png (5KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1474836834401.png
5KB, 208x208px
>tfw I never found the little girl again
>tfw spared her the knowledge of her mother death and tried to send her to the safety of Oedens Chapel
Was that Red MEssenger ribbon supposed to imply that she got devoured?
Can she survive at all?
>>
>>161588773
The only thing you can do is not tell her anything. Then she gets possibly murdered by her big sister.
>>
>>161587452
>needing cooperators in a Parry2Win fight
plebiest of all plebs
>>
>>161588163
You're the one making stuff up now. How else is it supposed to work, anon? Don't tell me - Yharnam's a dream, too? And it's all a dream?
>>
>>161587613
I'm just so mad.
I've died more times to jumping when I wanted to dodge than most bosses. Lets count
>Wet Nurse
>Gherman
>BSB
>Vicar Amelia
>Cleric Beast
>Gascione
>Living Failures
>Hemwich witches
>Cageguy
>Amygdala
>Shadows
>HMPH
>Watchdog
>Beast Possessed Soul

Oh man I've literally died more to shitty controls than almost all the bosses now that I've counted.
>>
>>161588773
She gotten eaten alive by a pig.

The only way for her to survive is not to do her quest. Or send her to the clinic if life as an ayy counts as life.
>>
File: left leg of the forbidden one.jpg (138KB, 329x480px) Image search: [Google]
left leg of the forbidden one.jpg
138KB, 329x480px
>>
>>161588932
speaking of which, i found the back entrance to the Clinic, Isoefka told me leave but is there supposed to be an ayy there already? I didnt kill it since it wasnt attacking me
>>
>>161588960
n-no
>>
>>161588923
You could just stroll to the side instead of running or jumping.

Literally just walk.
>>
File: right leg of the forbidden one.jpg (136KB, 329x480px) Image search: [Google]
right leg of the forbidden one.jpg
136KB, 329x480px
>>
File: 1479975555929.png (9KB, 499x194px) Image search: [Google]
1479975555929.png
9KB, 499x194px
>>161589128
Stop right there, fiend.
>>
>>161587558
Lost for both and Nourishings. Wheel could also be Uncanny for two Gargoyle Nourishing Radials instead of the Waning since Loran Amy doesn't drop +Flat Phys or Arc.
>>
File: secret tech.jpg (145KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
secret tech.jpg
145KB, 800x800px
>>161588960
>>161589128
YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD
>>
>>161588537
It was handcrafted by the byrgenwerth scholars and expanded when more people came to the dreamworld. The nightmare frontier is just that, a frontier. It's unrefined and largely without any human influence outside of the school of Mensis.
>>
>>161589350
You're pulling that one out of your ass. Nowhere is it even suggested that people have that ability in the dreamworlds.
>>
File: KgVUkyd.jpg (475KB, 824x4552px) Image search: [Google]
KgVUkyd.jpg
475KB, 824x4552px
If I just want to get access to FRC dungeons, can I skip any part of this?
>>
>>161589476
Humans can't physically effect the nightmares, now? You can't, say, move a boulder in the nightmare or build a shack? The school of Mensis didn't magically appear in the nightmare. Mensis either built it there, brought it with them, or created it before entering the nightmare proper. It's not like /x/ hasn't tried to do something similar via astral projecting.
>>
>>161587558
Here

Logarius Wheel:

>Radial:
Blunt 26% + 33 Flat Arcane (Ithyll Red Aura Madmen, Rare as FUCK !--- EMPHASIS ON THE RARE PART)
>Radial:
Blunt + 32% (Watchers drop)
>Triangle:
ATK UP 10.2% + 72.5 Arcane (Brainsucker boss drop: Rarest Gem in the game, you will not get this gem)

Boom Hammer:

>Radial:
Heavy Abyssal
>Triangle:
ATK UP +21.5% + 15 Fire (Isz Amygdala)
>Waning:
Fire ATK UP +21% +31,5 Fire (Red Aura Madmen, Loran)
>>
>>161589950
It's speed running for a reason. That's as fast as you can go
>>
File: left arm of the forbidden one.jpg (137KB, 329x480px) Image search: [Google]
left arm of the forbidden one.jpg
137KB, 329x480px
>>
>>161584002
Source: your ass.
>>
>>161589950
If you go to NG+, you can buy Bastards and Ritual Blood (5) which lets you skip Ailing Loran and go straight to Isz. Though skipping that means you don't get to go to Lower Loran either.
>>
File: bigguy.jpg (1MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.jpg
1MB, 1280x2160px
>>161587558

http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/individual-blood-gems.html

This is where I go to for gem lookups

Here's my wheel setup purely for flat arcane tricked only mode, but even then, untricked mode funnily enough still does decent damage
>>
File: right arm of the forbidden one.jpg (139KB, 329x480px) Image search: [Google]
right arm of the forbidden one.jpg
139KB, 329x480px
>>
>>161587558
Best setup for the Boom Hammer is Lost varient, with one Pthumeru Rom Nourishing Abyssal (19.5% +15 flat physical), one Loran Amy Nourising Abyssal (21.5% +15 flat fire) and one Isz Amy Nourishing Abyssal (21.5% +15 flat Fire or Phys).

For Wheel the best is uncanny wheel, using two Rom Nourishing Abyssals (19.5% +15 flat phys) and one Isz Amy Abyssal (21.5% +15 flat Arc or Phys).
>>
>>161590265
>Foreign garb - Clothing worn upon awakening to the nightmare
Worn upon awakening, not worn before. Of course, without memory, who will ever know?
>>
File: card destruction.png (336KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
card destruction.png
336KB, 308x450px
>>161590515
>>161590178
>>161589128
>>161588960

STOP RIGHT THERE
>>
>>161589095
Yes. That ayy is Iosefka.

After reaching the Tomb of Oedon, Iosefka is replaced with an impostor Iosefka. The impostor is the one that's conducting all the experiments and turning people into emissaries and shit.

The real Iosefka is just a nice lady who owns a clinic. If you talk to her enough before she gets ayy'd, she grows the hots for you and says something about how she can't wait for the hunt to be over so she can see you without a door between. Sorta tragic.
>>
>>161589962
For the sake of discussion, I'm going to point out that I've always thought the buildings got sucked into and replicated in the dreamlands, not that they were brought along. That's why there's the workshop in the hunter's dream and the one near cathedral ward.

For the sake of argument, I'll clarify that I meant the actual landscape, the warped land beneath their feet and the multitude of stone structures and caves and tunnels around them. The members of the school of mensis entered the nightmare through their consciousness, not their physical bodies. (all those corpses in Yahar'gul). None of them shown had on hand the tools necessary to make such buildings or alter the landscape in that manner. How would their minds and bodies be separated, anyway, if they were already in a dream? How would their bodies rot?

Furthermore, where did all the civilians come from? Were they sucked into the nightmare too? If so, why is Yahar'gul hidden? Why are the woods forbidden? It's not like anyone who gets there is going to be able to do shit about it if Mensis has so much control over the nightmare. And why would the sackmen need to kidnap anyone? They could literally just trap people in their houses and conduct whatever weird rituals they were doing inside their houses. And again, it wouldn't fucking matter because there wouldn't be anyone around to stop them, if these civilians were already sucked into the nightmare against their will.
>>
File: trap card - magic jammer.jpg (77KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
trap card - magic jammer.jpg
77KB, 400x580px
>>161590698
I COUNTER YOUR MOVE WITH MAGIC JAMMER
>>
File: CounterCounter-CP07-EN-C-UE.png (566KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
CounterCounter-CP07-EN-C-UE.png
566KB, 400x580px
>>161590883
NOT SO FAST
>>
>>161590664
Pretty sure nightmare is a figure of speech here. Which also makes it a pun. And it says worn upon awakening because the character supposedly lost all their memories from before the blood transfusion; they have no idea if they were wearing it before then. (Safe to assume they were, otherwise it wouldn't be foreign)
>>
>>161590810
>I'll clarify that I meant the actual landscape, the warped land beneath their feet and the multitude of stone structures and caves and tunnels around them.
Unrefined land. Dreams almost never make sense until you analyse them and with very few people around to observe the land it went unrefined by the human mind.
>None of them shown had on hand the tools necessary to make such buildings or alter the landscape in that manner.
So you agree that the school had to be placed there before they went in. The evidence is largely inconclusive as to how humans effect the nightmares but I think it's silly to say that it was just happenstance the school was brought into the nightmare. They brought Mergo there for a reason and without the school there for him to be in his loft they would have not been able to achieve their goal. In regards to the Hunter's Dreams it is rather small and obviously refined. Most likely Gherman was able to shape the platform we walk on in any way he liked.
>How would their minds and bodies be separated, anyway, if they were already in a dream? How would their bodies rot?
Their bodies in the dream rotted because their consciousness separated from their dream bodies. Micolash has a body in the nightmare too. It's not just his consciousness in the nightmare, after all.
>Furthermore, where did all the civilians come from? Were they sucked into the nightmare too?
I don't remember civilians in the frontier so I assume you mean Yharnam. I believe they came for blood ministration. Just like the GH.
>If so, why is Yahar'gul hidden? Etc.
I'm afraid I just don't understand what you're asking here in regards to the bagmen.
Rom is hiding the ritual to prevent it from happening.
>The byrgenwerth spider hides all manner or rituals and keeps our lost masters from us.
I don't believe Mensis has much control over the frontier. It took a very large ritual to even get to where they are now.
>>
>>161592532
Your lorefagging is shit and 'it's all a dream' is absolute entry tier garbage
>>
>>161592532
>Micolash has a body in the nightmare too. It's not just his consciousness in the nightmare, after all.
That can't be right because when you kill micolash he explicitly states that he's going to wake up and forget everything, not that he's dying.
>>
>>161591395
It's an interesting interpretation.
I suppose that's why I like discussing lore on this game. Things can be interpreted differently and no one interpretation is the correct one.
>>
>>161592997
That line could be interpreted as his consciousness dying, though. His body in the Waking World is long dead, so like Gehrman, it's highly likely that the only aspect of Micolash that is "alive" in any sense of the word is his consciousness within the Dream world.
>>
>>161592997
When your body in the nightmare dies you are sent back to your previous body. Much like how the GH gets sent back to the hunter's dream and he needs to be killed by gherman to be sent back to the real world. Since Micolash's body in Yharnam is dead too he will wake up in the real world.
>>
>Watching lobos beat Loran Darkbeast at BL4

>Get's hit by huge slash, while beast pellet is active

>Doesn't die

>Actually wins

What the fuck
>>
>>161592807
I don't actually believe it's all a dream though. I just like to discuss theories on the game. If I need to support a side I disagree with then I will.
>>
>>161490360
>Play for 4 and a half hours

whole 4 and half hours?
dam son!

You are well on your way to become one of those hardcore gamers, we hear so much about,
>>
>>161592532
>Dreams almost never make sense until you analyse them and with very few people around to observe the land it went unrefined by the human mind.
You made that up, it has no bearing on this setting
>So you agree that the school had to be placed there before they went in.
I already explained what I thought about this, you can read my post again.
>but I think it's silly to say that it was just happenstance the school was brought into the nightmare
Wait, so you're willing to believe that people, along with their clothes and items, can be brought into a dream, but physical buildings can't?
>They brought Mergo there for a reason
Mergo wasn't brought, Mergo was (for lack of better term) summoned from whatever slice of reality he was in. Mensis school had an audience with, yadda yadda yadda, the item descriptions are around.
>In regards to the Hunter's Dreams it is rather small and obviously refined. Most likely Gherman was able to shape the platform we walk on in any way he liked.
So Gherman built a workshop in the dream of Yharnam, then built another one in the Hunter's dream? Why on earth would he do that? It's not like the one in Yharnam is easily accessed.
>Their bodies in the dream rotted because their consciousness separated from their dream bodies
You made that up, too. No reason to think it works that way, when every other aspect of the dreamlands is timeless. Plus, what about all the other corpses left when we kill people? Are they sent upwards to another level?
>>
Anyone need still help? If not anyone want to explore frc isz or pfthumeru?
>>
>>161594112
>>161592532
cont.
>I believe they came for blood ministration. Just like the GH.
Fair enough, but that would then imply that there is a real world where blood ministration does happen. There's a lot of implications that would need a lot of guesswork to make sense there. e.g., the beast scourge and the Pthumerians
>>161592532
>I'm afraid I just don't understand what you're asking here in regards to the bagmen.
>Rom is hiding the ritual to prevent it from happening.
Mensis and the Choir are being secretive in and of themselves, Rom is preventing the Paleblood moon ritual from succeeding. My question was, why the fuck would they need to be secretive INSIDE of the dream? What are the people going to do? Call the dream cops?
>I don't believe Mensis has much control over the frontier.
We're agreed on that much, but this is what leads me to believe there's the dreamlands, and there's the actual city of Yharnam that has a natural landscape.
>>
>>161594112
>You made that up, it has no bearing on this setting
It has a lot of bearing on this setting after all, it is a dream. The school didn't appear out of nothing.

>I already explained what I thought about this, you can read my post again.
So it all just happened by chance. Wonderful.

>Wait, so you're willing to believe that people, along with their clothes and items, can be brought into a dream, but physical buildings can't?
Their clothing is brought with them because it's part of their body as they Invision it. The school is not. And you even said yourself that the school was only brought by happenstance. Were their clothes and items only brought along my happenstance too?
>Mergo wasn't brought, Mergo was (for lack of better term) summoned from whatever slice of reality he was in. Mensis school had an audience with, yadda yadda yadda, the item descriptions are around.
Mergo was yharnam's son. He was used in the ritual. Miyazaki said it himself that Mensis needed a very special child for the ritual.

>So Gherman built a workshop in the dream of Yharnam, then built another one in the Hunter's dream? Why on earth would he do that? It's not like the one in Yharnam is easily accessed.
Because he needed to be relocated to the dream to work for the MP.

>You made that up, too. No reason to think it works that way, when every other aspect of the dreamlands is timeless. Plus, what about all the other corpses left when we kill people? Are they sent upwards to another level?
Why would they go upwards? They wake up in the real world most likely. And the dreamland certainly isn't timeless. You made that up.
>>
About to start DaS3. I want to go in relatively blind, just want advice on my build. I was thinking a quality build so I can test out a bunch of weapons. There are a lot more stats here than in BB and I've only every played BB. What should I focus on and what can I avoid? Soft/hard caps the same as BB?

No, I can't ask dsg because they're assholes.
>>
>>161594540
>but that would then imply that there is a real world where blood ministration does happen.
It doesn't imply anything. You travel to Yharnam for blood ministration.
>Mensis and the Choir are being secretive in and of themselves, Rom is preventing the Paleblood moon ritual from succeeding. My question was, why the fuck would they need to be secretive INSIDE of the dream? What are the people going to do? Call the dream cops?
What would they do if it wasn't a dream, call the real cops? They keep it a secret to keep people docile.
>We're agreed on that much, but this is what leads me to believe there's the dreamlands, and there's the actual city of Yharnam that has a natural landscape.
Yharnam had a lot of time to develop. Much more than the frontier had. Over time and with more people there the frontier would end up the same as Yharnam.
>>
>>161595205
Damage softcaps are more or less the same, Vit on the other hand now softcaps at like 27 so you can go very light on it.
A quality build is a good choice for your first run, most weapons scale off it str and dex, 30/30 should be a good first run, granted many of the weapons feel very much the same.
>>
>>161595205
Do not play the game with a longsword and be a boring faggot, I can tell you that.

Go STR, and pickup hammers and clubs, faith and intelligence increase pyro

but desu, you should start with das1, skip 2 if you like and then play 3
>>
>>161534207
>I'm not trying to pass it off as fact, I'm making conjecture.

>>161530351
>It's also because it was literally removed from them at the beginning of the game. You got your blood transfusion you came for, and it would have led to becoming a beast because it's Yharnam blood after all, but the MP stepped in for whatever reason it has and here we are. That burning beast was symbolic of the scourge being removed.

That's a definitive statement but backtracking is acceptable here.

>you mad

Also acceptable, especially when you have nothing else.
>>
>>161595005
>It has a lot of bearing on this setting after all, it is a dream
It's not a literal dream, it's an alternate slice of reality.
>So it all just happened by chance. Wonderful
This may be my fault for not explaining further, but not happenstance. It was replicated, just like weapons, clothes, etc., because they were in the building when they got sucked into the dreamlands. Apply this logic to the next argument you make. Basically, we agree that it has to do with what the person brought into the dream is conscious of, but we disagree on the scale
>Mergo was yharnam's son. He was used in the ritual. Miyazaki said it himself that Mensis needed a very special child for the ritual.
That doesn't contradict what I said. Although honestly, there's not really proof one way or another here, it just depends on whether we go with your theory or mine.
>Because he needed to be relocated to the dream to work for the MP.
Why? If Yharnam's already a dream, and multiple great ones can be in a singular dream, why does the MP need its own special snowflake dreamverse?
>Why would they go upwards?
Because otherwise their bodies would disappear, no?
>They wake up in the real world most likely.
Then why do their corpses stick around?
>And the dreamland certainly isn't timeless. You made that up.
I did not. Gherman is implied to be in the dream for a really long time. Micolash's corpse rotting, but his unaged appearance in the nightmare implies something similar

cont.
>>
>>161588024
I was supposed to help another anon.

>>161588894
You're a moron.
>>
>>161595432
I usually prefer swords as they're versatile. But yeah, boring. I change it up on subsequent playthroughs.

Got 2 during the sale and it was not enjoyable. Couldn't get more than a few hours in but I'll revisit it another day.
>>
>>161596079
>>161595401
>It doesn't imply anything. You travel to Yharnam for blood ministration.
Okay we're getting a little complex here. Travel to the dream city of Yharnam, or travel to a real life city named Yharnam? Assuming the latter, that means a bunch of people go missing when they go into dream Yharnam. Which would make blood ministration very suspicious. Which would make people start questioning it, etc. And where did the Pthumerians come from? And does the beast scourge happen outside of the dreamlands? Implications might be the wrong word. Questions, rather.
>What would they do if it wasn't a dream, call the real cops?
If it wasn't a dream, they could just fucking leave once they realize shit keeps going tits up and it's the Church's fault. If it was a dream, they can't do shit because they're stuck in the dream; there'd be no point in keeping them docile (which they aren't, they go around attacking people and are extremely hostile to outsiders). Or does everyone know how to exit the dream, and the GH is just a huge dumbass that can't figure it out?
>Yharnam had a lot of time to develop. Much more than the frontier had. Over time and with more people there the frontier would end up the same as Yharnam.
This is more speculation built solely on the idea that the dreamlands work very similarly to how actual dreams work.
>>
>>161596706
Pro-tip, use the claymore, it's one of the most versatile weapons in the game and it's a lot funner than a boring old R1 spam to win long sword, plus you can get it pretty much from the very start.
>>
>>161597039
Was planning on playing without a shield since I'm so used to BB. Maybe that'll do the trick.
>>
>>161596079
>It's not a literal dream, it's an alternate slice of reality.
Yes. But it is similar to a dream and it operates similar to a dream. Which is why it's called a dream.
>This may be my fault for not explaining further, but not happenstance. It was replicated, just like weapons, clothes, etc., because they were in the building when they got sucked into the dreamlands. Apply this logic to the next argument you make. Basically, we agree that it has to do with what the person brought into the dream is conscious of, but we disagree on the scale
Either way it was intentionally brought in. The process can be repeated to continue to refine the frontier.
>That doesn't contradict what I said. Although honestly, there's not really proof one way or another here, it just depends on whether we go with your theory or mine.
It directly contradicts what you said. Mergo wasn't summoned in the ritual he was used in it.
>Why? If Yharnam's already a dream, and multiple great ones can be in a singular dream, why does the MP need its own special snowflake dreamverse?
Because it serves a purpose. After all the GH can be revived there after he dies in Yharnam and other nightmares. Your logic can be applied to the situation even if Yharnam isn't a dream. Why would MP need gherman to be in a dream ever, if Yharnam isn't a dream? Why does he need his own special snowflake dimension?
>Because otherwise their bodies would disappear, no?
Their bodies do disappear. Their consciousness goes back to a previous body.

>Then why do their corpses stick around?
Because they're corpses.
>I did not. Gherman is implied to be in the dream for a really long time. Micolash's corpse rotting, but his unaged appearance in the nightmare implies something similar
Gherman is being kept alive by the MP and it only takes a few months for an unassisted body to rot.

Cont.
>>
>>161595943
You're referring to at least three different people there m8
>>
>>161594540
>Rom is preventing the Paleblood moon ritual from succeeding
Rom's not PREVENTING anything. Rom is HIDING the ritual. Regardless of whether the moon and the Amygdala were hidden, and whether Yahar'gul was sealed or not, the ritual was happening.
>>
>>161596998
>Okay we're getting a little complex here. Travel to the dream city of Yharnam, or travel to a real life city named Yharnam?

My interpretation is that you receive the blood ministration which results in you traveling to Yharnam. People don't disappear they dream. I can try to explain the entire universe from a dream perspective but it will take a while.

> Or does everyone know how to exit the dream, and the GH is just a huge dumbass that can't figure it out?
You die to leave the dream. GH is kept there by MP and is released by Gherman. People could still rise up against the church and rebel. If everyone died in the dream the church and co. wouldn't have anyone to work on.
>>
>>161597819
Go to the cathedral Ward lamp and backtrack. Read the note.
>>
>>161597450
>Yes. But it is similar to a dream and it operates similar to a dream. Which is why it's called a dream.
[speculation intensifies]
>The process can be repeated to continue to refine the frontier.
I'm willing to accept this answer, but be aware you're changing your argument to suit my objections
>Mergo wasn't summoned in the ritual he was used in it.
Sayeth the umbilical cord, "This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains." Granted audience, as in they need the cord to get to Mergo in the first place. And stillbirth of their brains as in they got sucked into a dream, leaving their bodies empty to rot.
>Why would MP need gherman to be in a dream ever, if Yharnam isn't a dream? Why does he need his own special snowflake dimension?
It doesn't. Laurence and co. (read:Gherman) summoned MP, and similar to the above, a dreamland was created.
>Their bodies do disappear. Their consciousness goes back to a previous body.
>Because they're corpses.
Pardon? Am I not being specific enough? I'm talking random Yharnamites that you fight at the beginning of the game. When you kill them, their bodies stick around.
>Gherman is being kept alive by the MP and it only takes a few months for an unassisted body to rot.
I'm not going to pretend to be a medical/mummification buff here.
>>161597819
>Rom's not PREVENTING anything. Rom is HIDING the ritual
You said yourself earlier that Rom's hiding the ritual to prevent it from happening.

cont.
>>
>>161597817
>You're referring to at least three different people there m8

That would be tough considering that fact that I'm quoting two posts, bro.

It's also wrong because I was there and the final reply directly references the beginning of the conversation.
>>
File: something is amiss.png (16KB, 1320x256px) Image search: [Google]
something is amiss.png
16KB, 1320x256px
>>161599236
Top lad aint me. I also don't know where exactly you're getting the mad thing from either if it's supposed to be in reference to the post that's actually me.
>>
>>161599061
>>161598234
>I can try to explain the entire universe from a dream perspective but it will take a while.
At this point, that might be easier.
>People could still rise up against the church and rebel.
But that would only matter in the waking world, where they might be outnumbered. In the dreamlands, it's very clear that mensis/the choir have enough raw physical/magical power that the people wouldn't be able to do much if the church went out of their way restrain them and hold them hostage as soon as they enter the dream.
>If everyone died in the dream the church and co. wouldn't have anyone to work on.
Ignoring what I said earlier about restraining them, if fiction and suspension of disbelief has taught me anything, there's no lack of people who would get roped into this kind of thing. Point being, they don't need to keep what they're doing secret. And also, a lot of people wouldn't give a fuck what happens to them in a dream, if they believed it was just a dream.

Nice talking to you, dude, but I'm going to hang out with friends in a bit. Maybe we can lorewank some more next thread.
>>
>>161599864
So where's the third person?
>>
>>161593357
That was some good shit.
>>
>>161600025
Whomever's apparently calling you mad, because it's not my post, I was just stating my interpretation, and the post above doesn't seem terribly offensive, either, but that's just me. Seemed like you were referencing someone else.
>>
>>161599061
>You said
You're replying to someone who chimed in for the first time. Don't automatically assume everyone that replies to you is one person.
>>
>>161600283
So that's two.
>>
>>161599061
>[speculation intensifies]
The dream is called a dream because it is nothing like a dream!
>Granted audience, as in they need the cord to get to Mergo in the first place. And stillbirth of their brains as in they got sucked into a dream, leaving their bodies empty to rot.
It granted audience in the the way that it was how Yharnam was connected to Mergo. They then used Mergo to do the ritual.
>It doesn't. Laurence and co. (read:Gherman) summoned MP, and similar to the above, a dreamland was created
So a dreamland is created whenever a great one is summoned? I don't believe that.
> I'm talking random Yharnamites that you fight at the beginning of the game. When you kill them, their bodies stick around.
And their consciousnesses go back to their bodies in the real world.

>You said yourself
I didn't say that.

>But that would only matter in the waking world, where they might be outnumbered. In the dreamlands, it's very clear that mensis/the choir have enough raw physical/magical power that the people wouldn't be able to do much if the church went out of their way restrain them and hold them hostage as soon as they enter the dream
They are outnumbered. People come to the dream of their own volition. They don't have much more power than the people outside of hunters. They can't keep people in the dream either. If someone dies they go back.

Cont.
>>
>>161599945
>Nice talking to you, dude, but I'm going to hang out with friends in a bit. Maybe we can lorewank some more next thread.
I had fun. But I just realized micolash says that a hunter is a hunter even in a dream. Implying that Yharnam isn't a dreamland. So lol
>>
New Thread When
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20161112180912.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20161112180912.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
Shh! Gehrman is sleeping.
>>
>>161601021
In a few minutes after this post.
>>
>>161600437
So who and what are you offended by?
>>
NEW BREAD

>>161601243
>>161601243
>>161601243
>>161601243
>>161601243

>>161601072
alas not too fast
>>
>>161601283
>you mad

It's spreading!
>>
New player.
What gives you more effective/efficient options?
50/25,or 40/40 str/arc
I'm maining mlgs and I started the game as a strength build but I honestly can't decide. Leaning towards 40/40 but does the wheel benefit a lot from arc?
>>
>>161600443
> So a dreamland is created whenever a great one is summoned? I don't believe that.

No, but it did in this case.

> The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream.
- Cord in the Abandoned Workshop

Personally I think it came from the Orphan, which is why hunters are cursed with the Nightmare, the hunters dream was conceived using orphans ill-gotten cord.
>>
File: 22.jpg (652KB, 1280x1905px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
652KB, 1280x1905px
>Bloodborne is a game which depicts the value of life in newborns can be swiped easily
>Have trouble how to feel in regards abortions and miscarriages since I can tell for myself I wouldn't have been born if mother had the option to do so and not forced
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 120

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.