[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Man's Sky Foundation Update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: bulkheadss.gif (752KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
bulkheadss.gif
752KB, 200x141px
I played this game for about 20 hours when it came out and stopped. It seems like many of these added features should have been in the initial release. I can't help but think without multiplayer making bases or adding freighters doesn't solve enough problems. It would be great to find a player made city or a huge mining freighter but if you can't find other player's creations is there really a point of spending hours on something that post warp you'll never see again/no one else will ever see? So what do you guys all think of the NMS additions? Do you think it's a step in the right direction or too little too late?

Paraphrased Patch notes:

Added interactable objects that required certain tech to collect

Increased the number of different NPC character models generated per system

Massive speed improvements to browsing huge discovery lists and increased size of discovery storage

Added photo mode

Large optimizations to the engine to accommodate base building

Added support for up to 8 mouse buttons
being loaded

Added biome specific plants

Introduced new mineable terrain resources found only in red, green and blue star systems

Reduced average building frequency and introduced planets with no buildings or sentient life

Fixed cloud rendering while flying in your ship also included improved atmosphere depth when transitioning to space

Decreased differences between planet as seen from space and actual planet terrain

Introduced more varied and vibrant colouring to terrain for each biome

Improved asteroids to allow much denser fields

Improved explosion effects

Fixed scale of moons on the space map

AI ships will now clear asteroids in their path

Planets are now scannable from space to see their resources

Added formation flying and added improved AI combat flight patterns

Holding brake whilst turning now activates drift for fast turns

Improved AI ship freighter attacking

Added docking in freighters
>>
File: 7of9.jpg (1MB, 2990x3737px) Image search: [Google]
7of9.jpg
1MB, 2990x3737px
>>161250764

I have said this before about a year from now after all the updates NMS will be better than Minecraft. Right now there is no reason to play this game over minecraft because there is simply less to do.

Adding bases and freighters is cool but they really need to add multiplayer and the faction war that Sean promised as well to get people interested in this title again.
>>
>>161250764

Make it No Man's Sky online and I'm interested. Who wants to play a sandbox offline nowadays?
>>
I'm hoping it gets the Diablo 3 treatment.
It was irredeemably garbage before Reaper of Souls, and now it's a solid 9/10.
>>
File: nomanslies.png (860KB, 949x721px) Image search: [Google]
nomanslies.png
860KB, 949x721px
>>
Are mods compatible with the new update?

Also I hear survival is very brutal now. I'm pretty excited. I really loved this game, but it didn't have any lasting appeal. Not sure how much this will help, really. But somebody just came out with a model importer, which is a huge step for modding. I have this wild fantasy that after a couple decent updates some good autists will keep trucking on mods and help the game live up to its potential. But I know that will likely never happen. No players = no modders.
>>
>>161263619

I'm not sure though I've heard now that they have a survival mode where the animals are more dangerous and it's harder to survive in the environment.

I think modding support will make this game legit down the road.
>>
>>161255112

I agree with this. Diablo started off super weak and now it's pretty great.

No Man's Sky just added bases and freighters which is nice but now I just need some multiplayer and ai wingmen/customizable armies and empires.
>>
File: beammeup.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
beammeup.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>161259884

It's abit weird that it took like three months to add bases and freighters which everyone assumed would be available at launch.

At this rate, NMS won't be playable until summer next year.
>>
>>161250764

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/11/27/the-no-mans-sky-foundation-update-is-live-and-actually-looks-rather-fantastic/#100335cb41c2

I think Forbes is right about this game. The additions are much needed and impression is that this is the beginning of many updates that will make the game stronger.
>>
They took a bit but it really looks like with the amount of stuff in this patch that they seriously worked every single day since september.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>161267719

I think so too. In someways It might be good that Hello games went quiet and just started working. I think it might have helped to say what they are working on because they took alot of flak for a month straight and didn't respond. The result was pretty nice. Base customization, freighter ownership and freighter interior customization is pretty great. Survival mode is nice. Planets variety and overall graphics are much better.

All this being said, the game needs multiplayer badly. Whats the point of making a cool city if you warp out and no one, including yourself will ever see what you made again?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.