[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 760
Thread images: 136

File: artist_vs__programmer.jpg (32KB, 816x464px) Image search: [Google]
artist_vs__programmer.jpg
32KB, 816x464px
Stop with the artists can't find programmers meme edition

> Next Jam (Dino)
itch.io/jam/agdg-dinosaur-jam

> Next Demo Day (12)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Play Demo Day 11 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

> Play Halloween Jam 2016 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-halloween-jam-2016

> Chat
https://discordapp.com/invite/0g6DnnHCw7KH2NzH

> Helpful links
New Threads: >>>/vg/agdg
Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS
> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

> Engines
Unity: unity3d.com
UE4: unrealengine.com
Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
Godot: godotengine.org
Haxe: haxeflixel.com
LÖVE: love2d.org
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org
>>
>>161221765
>> Chat
>https://discordapp.com/invite/0g6DnnHCw7KH2NzH
Disgusting.
>>
>>161221907
Have you actually joined?

There's surprisingly only a few no devs in the Discord (Batchscript/Eynx)
>>
>>161222284
>no devs
>namedropping on an anonymous imageboard
yeah nah your a cunt
>>
File: 4.png (959KB, 1325x617px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
959KB, 1325x617px
Where can a nigga find a programmer for his awesome game if hes an artist/designer?

Hard mode, no tig-source or reddit.
>>
>>161222737
Stop pushing your shitpost against bokudev you obnoxious jealous nodev.
>>
>>161222737
look for work at different studios

or if you want to find a good business partner, that's really hard, you'd probably have to know someone irl, and you'll have to prove yourself, show off your artwork and such so programmers know what they can expect from you
>>
>>161222431
i've no tolerance for no devs.
>>
>>161222737
aren't you already programming this though?

finding a programmer willing to work on an existing game is difficult
>>
>>161222886
As a programmer who used to work on a project, let me tell you that the artist contacting another programmer has to be the biggest fail of an idea.
Unless your programmer specifically states that he needs help or unless you really plan to dispose of him, don't do that.
>>
>>161223013
Its for a different project than bokube am using bokube as an example of my art though.
>>
>>161222886
So is any work on the game done other than art? Would the hired programmer be starting from scratch?
>>
Why are people so against working with others?

Instead of 100 people making their own shit, if some of them worked together, one completed game might come out

I know there's issues with it, disagreements about everything, but no one even tries. They just waste their time.

It also teaches valuable skills. I don't get why people are so opposed to it.
>>
>>161223472
I tried 4 times and only succeeded once.
Either there are disagreements or someone just disappears and stops replying.
>>
Just reposting this since it was posted right before the thread went dead last time;

Looking for programmers for a pre-existing project I'm working on.
Would need to be able to program in GameMaker ideally, but other engines are fine too.

You'd be paid a portion of Patreon profits, which right now isn't much, but once the demo's out in February, the amount would swell up pretty quickly.
For an example of how large it would likely grow, http://www.patreon.com/futurefragments is another game I'm working on/heading.

Programmer would need to be able to work on the game full time, would need to be very skilled in their respective engine enough to do a solid variety of genres within the same game
(And before anyone says no good programmers are here, two of the people working on my games right now are from this board, and they're both great at their work, so I'm asking in hopes I can find a third person).

If you have examples of your work and/or feel you'd be a fit, please email me at [email protected] - 18+ only, as the game is an adult game.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=904213 and http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=904595&postcount=14 explain a lot more about the game and how it works, as well as showing off a ton of assets for the game.

The picture attached is from the game too.
>>
>>161223526
Are you a programmer? Il work with you if so and not abandon you anon.
>>
>>161223472
Direct social interaction is painful
>>
>>161223626
Yeah but if you meet on places like this, both of you should get it.
>>
>>161223562
I'm 1MA but I tried collab'ing on some bigger projects (although they were just Jam games).
All in all, I'd rather have another programmer that's better than me because I can more or less manage with modeling but I'm not that good at coding. What's your skillset?
>>
>>161223157
Just saw this now, so sorry for the double post, but the programmer would be starting from scratch, yep.

>>161223016
I'm not the artist, I'm the writer/character design/game designer.

Also, yes, if we can find someone reliable/skilled, we'll likely replace him just so he isn't stretched so thin, as he has other projects of his own that have recently come to light, and I'd really prefer him to not keep trying to do more than he's able to time-wise.
>>
>>161223472
The only agdg artist that I trust in here is theonian because he's genuinely tried to collab with people.

No offense to bokube but I somehow don't trust him.
>>
>>161223740
Never trust twinks
>>
On the subject of working with others -

UE4 Programmer looking to dev space game of any genre (Anything from a 3D space combat game, to a Top Down 2.5 shooter, to some kind of tablet game. Can do VR as well)

Have tons of space assets, work put into world building a space pirate universe. Story done and adaptable to any genre.

I just hate working alone. I hate not having anyone to bounce ideas off of, and being unable to get feedback until way later when I finish something.

I have a portfolio as well.

Looking for anyone really, who have at least some skill or desire to learn (I can teach UE4 BP). Don't care what. 2D artist would be amazing for HUDS/UI but no one likes UI work so I'm not counting on it.

[email protected]
>>
>>161223848
>don't talk to me, my son or my grandson ever again
>>
>>161223740
>yet you dont trust bokudev who is genuinely trying to collab with a programmer.
>>
>>161222737
Out of curiosity, what game do you need help for, and why?
>>
File: 2016-11-20_13-25-32.png (13KB, 504x280px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-20_13-25-32.png
13KB, 504x280px
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz0nFLuGKsDE7sssvZGEvP6GWZq0zLcH1yuvHw7dfeUCNk_A/viewform
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz0nFLuGKsDE7sssvZGEvP6GWZq0zLcH1yuvHw7dfeUCNk_A/viewform

Reminder to tell us about yourself, agdg. Don't answer if you already did, and don't lie to the "are you making a game?" question.
>>
>>161223526
>disappears
they get burned out with the project but feel bad about it so instead of maning up and saying they quit they just avoid it and ignore the issue and pretend the project doesn't exist, i exited 2 collabs this way
>>
>>161224071
>tfw I've done this 3 times
>>
>>161224071
Wow what a faggot
>>
>>161223848
If you are a programmer and have all the assets done then whats the problem? you don't need an artfag
99% of games here fail because they are made by programmerfags who can't art so their game look like shit and gain no attention
>>
>>161224108
Everyone does this. Also it's more humane this way, because your collab partner thinks you maybe died in a car crash and that is why you aren't responding, instead of making him depressed by saying you simply quit.
>>
>>161224184
Well, I don't have all assets done, just tons of shit like models and stuff I'd need. I lack effects. So effects would be good, but I mean I don't expect to find effects artists here.

Anyway I just much prefer collaborating. We can get a lot more done and it saves time / is helpful to share ideas.

Just a team player is all
>>
>>161223946
He has been making his own game for a while and I don't see why he would need a programmer right now. Sounds like he's just memeing but I'm too lazy to check the discord for confirmation.
>>
>>161224258
>team player
this is LITERALLY the last place on the internet for you then
>>
>>161224329
I don't get along with normies on other websites desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG0xAbfkvXJMjpAS-C-9aPj6NJbsr4aE1&jct=nbyk2aeJw3N_z14xeYw1Jf-bWgarZg

Add useful or interesting videos related to gamedev.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG0xAbfkvXJMjpAS-C-9aPj6NJbsr4aE1
>>
>>161224329
There are many places on 4chan that manage to collab succesfully why is AGDG different?
>>
File: 1479016978346.jpg (33KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1479016978346.jpg
33KB, 600x337px
>>161223472
>business partnering with random fucktards on the internet
>>
>>161224459
It's just a salty nodev. Don't worry.
>>
>>161224353
If you're an artist just find one coder friend, if you're a coder just find a drawfag.

Having a team of more than 2 people is not worth it. You'll have to make unrealistic amounts of money to finance it.
>>
I was wondering, /agdg/, how can an indie game be a huge hit? As I see it, it's pure chance and good timing. I mean, if Tetris would come out today, it would be just one of a dozen weird indie puzzle game. Same goes for Super Meatboy.
>>
>>161224467
I dunno about business partnering, we could evaluate our progress and how well we work together and go from there if it's successful

But mostly I just want to do it for fun and experience. If it turns into something more, great. If not, no different from making a prototype that goes nowhere except it has a better chance of success.
>>
>>161224495
make something that isn't complete shit. just make something that people would actually enjoy playing.
>>
>>161224495
70% luck, 20% art, 10% fun game mechanics

If you have lots of money, you can split 70% luck to 35% luck 35% marketing
>>
>>161224495
Super meatboy and Tetris were genre defining.
>>
File: The eyes don't work.webm (451KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
The eyes don't work.webm
451KB, 960x640px
>>
>>161224587
Are you ever going to have a non-pixel shit protag?
>>
>>161224614
Are you ever going to have a game?
>>
If you are a dev you should see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9XNZ8nWjD8
>>
>successful indie dev makes bank yet doesn't actually love video games
Every time
>>
File: 1480245851395.jpg (1MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1480245851395.jpg
1MB, 1280x1707px
>>161224614
>>
>>161224673
CUTE
>>
Is a speed stat needed in an ARPG? I mean, it seems useless to me because you either make the player move SANIC fast at high levels or what?
>>
>>161224652
I noticed this as well. You can easily tell if the dev is in it for the money or not:
If they are just a money whore then they will stop making games after they get rich
If they are in it for the dev then they keep going and invest most of their riches into their next project, like the braid guy for example
>>
>>161223848
Post some of your work.

The biggest thing with collaborating with strangers on the internet is that anyone who knows better will be looking for something to suggest that you're not only capable but also hard-working, and able to see projects to completion (i.e. you have already done so). Nobody wants to invest themselves into a project only to have that investment fall to pieces in the end because of someone else.
>>
>>161224652
That's what happens when you bank your well-being on your hobby.
>>
>>161224673
Is this Vine?
>>
>>161224673
I'm sorry anon, but she is 5/10 tops. I only let QTs who are 7.5/10 or above to order me around and stomp on my balls with their heels
>>
>>161224614
>is your low-res game going to not use pixels
???
>>
File: 2016.webm (3MB, 834x470px) Image search: [Google]
2016.webm
3MB, 834x470px
Doesn't look like a whole lot yet, but I've got support for passive and active turrets for my Top Down 2.5 Space Combat game.

Passive turrets have a cone of fire in front of them, if an enemy is in it, they track and fire.

Active turrets track the mouse and fire

Support for modular turrets to easily add more, different types, new ships etc.

At first I wanted to keep this relatively simple since it's a side project for fun, and have it just be kind of like a single player MOBA where you can buy progressively better ships/upgrades.

But now I'm considering making it just like a single player open-worldish game since a single player MOBA is a little.. yea. I'd still have moba elements (fleets launching fighters at each other, capitals working kind of like towers)

Opinions? Changing it from a moba will drastically increase the scope tho..
>>
>/agdg/ defending pixel-shit
wew
>>
>>161224773
Literally 100% of computer games use pixels you autist, only games like simon don't
>>
>>161224817
>liking games over not-games
ok
>>
>>161223976
PM me in discord an il tell you about the project

>>161224280
You as well
>>
File: facing_starvation.webm (1MB, 1821x1039px) Image search: [Google]
facing_starvation.webm
1MB, 1821x1039px
Some anon yesterday asked me "but where is the game, bruh", when I showed some UI progress.

Well, now it is kinda a game. Every time you push the "END TURN" button, people in your space colony eat food. At its current state, the game is about acceptance of the existencial threat of running out of food and not being able to get any more of it.

QUESTION: What do you think - how should they get more food? I currently think of implementing "Hunting&Gathering Expedition" mechanic which will produce fruits and dinosaur meats.
>>
>>161224993
>discord
no thanks
>>
>>161224995
>space colony
>hunting and gathering
Anon you're mixing genres. Space colonies are usually designed to be self sufficient (ie have on board farms) or trade whatever resources they're harvesting for food
>>
What should the theme of my ARPG be?
http://poal.me/i7c8mq
>>
>>161225149
>oh god please stop trying to liven up a stale genre
>>
Odd unity editor bug.

When I wrote a scriptable object that's meant to hold a list of items for my game as an Item database.

However it doesn't atually load naturally. If i edit the editor script (just by adding or deleting comments) and recompile the object list will work as intended.

Or if I attach a script (any) to the scriptable object and then switch it to none it will work fine.

However if I don't do these things its jull null and my editor window won't load it
>>
File: dumgif.gif (122KB, 348x181px) Image search: [Google]
dumgif.gif
122KB, 348x181px
>>161225519
attached gif to show
>>
File: Magic system (c'est cho).webm (125KB, 637x513px) Image search: [Google]
Magic system (c'est cho).webm
125KB, 637x513px
PRUGWESS!
The system for the magic is finally made!
Here's how it work:
By pressing up and down you have the menu (magic/save/load/quit) and by pressing left and right you have the spell. Right now it doesn't have spells, mostly because I just finished the casting menu...
The first two spells will be casting music and changing the direction you shoot in.

Also note that the "attack" isn't gonna be offensive as much as it's gonna be practical (for switches and all), mostly because I want my game to have as little violence as possible. Which is why it's a sleeping poison and not a real "attack".

This being said, my hand are finnaly healed!
I CAN WORK!
WOOHOOOOOOO!

And while I was in the hospital, I've missed sex. Anyone in france?
>>
>>161225652
are you a grill?
>>
>>161225652
Fuck off with your normie blog
>>
>>161225698
No, sadly.

>>161225705
Fuck you, you too.
At least there's progress in my post
>>
>>161225652
>I've missed sex. Anyone in france?
yeah, you near cognac?
>>
>>161225737
You should stop including blogshit in your progress posts otherwise people will ignore your progress and only reply to the blogshit. See
>>161225698
>>161225705
>>161225763
>>
File: 1478254163181.jpg (703KB, 613x1200px)
1478254163181.jpg
703KB, 613x1200px
>>161225149
actually, the story of this game is quite fitting for hunting and gathering

They are a first expedition outside our solar system. They arrive at Alpha Centauri and it turns out that the planet is experiencing Kessler Syndrome. This pretty much breaks their colony ship into pieces and the crew is forced to land on the planet with emergency pods. The leader manages to pilot one of the colony modules safely to the ground and that becomes their headquarters - the same colony that player controls.

Lots of equipment, food and people fell all around the planet. Player can explore the wilds to find the equipment, food and people that survived the fall.

However, it turns out that the planet is teeming with life - thick forests, fruits, water. And suprisingly, it turns out that the life on that planet is almost identical to earth's. And as player explores around, it turns out that the jungle is inhabited by nasty dinosaurs.

If I manage to finish everything else, I might just code in a story about unraveling the mystery about why that planet is so similar to earth.
>>
>>161225519
>>161225587
You should have a good look at how Unity manages serialization under the hood to avoid getting those bugs which are not really bugs.
>>
>>161225842
MY DICK
>>
>>161225842
It better not be fucking time travel or aliens seeding life everywhere
>>
>>161225919
I assure you, it is definately not anything normie sci-fy tier.
>>
>like programming
>hate the content phase where the programming is complete and levels must be made, tested, balanced etc

>make tons of prototypes, 'complete them' from a programming perspective, but never have the desire to spend the time making the levels and actual content

wat do
>>
>>161225803
without blogshit much less people would respond, maybe even none
>>
>>161225981
Once again.
Engine dev and start a patreon.
>>
>>161225763
I'm near lille, so pretty much no...

>>161225803
I know, and usually I try not to, but right now I just had multiples week without being able to do anything, and I really needed to talk about it.

There's not gonna be any more "blog" in my progress after now.
>>
>>161225895
I'm probably missing what you're saying, but this doesn't help my issue.

The only serialized asset would be the item class (which is necessary for obvious reasons)

I'm just looking for the function that's being called when these actions are being taken so I can include my own code to fix this issue
>>
>>161226023
Hmm, I do make some bucks every month selling a genre starter kit for UE4. I could expand that to patreon instead of sellify/itch and **actually update it**
>>
>>161225587
My guess would be you have a bug in your editor script where it is expecting the scriptable object variable to be set
>>
>>161226062
>The only serialized asset
I'm stopping you right there. tldr incoming

When you start to use either editor scripting or scriptable object, you have to understand the C++ --- Scripting serialization process that Unity does under the hood to make sure that everything works.
Imo, how variables will appear or how the editor will decide to load and show the scriptable object depends on that.

This was just a suggestion, but I can make a wild guess and say that you scriptable object doesn't appear correctly in the editor precisely because it wasn't loaded properly from the C to Script transition I talked about.
>>
>Unity
>>
Design sure was fun back when I was an ideaguy

now design is the fucking worst. I fucking hate it.
>>
>>161225842
I'm working on a colony ship game, we should make a connector between the games so you can import gameover stats from my game (how many colonists were left, how much resources/equipment you had) into the new game of yours
>>
File: 2016-11-27_13-26-36.png (19KB, 595x268px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-27_13-26-36.png
19KB, 595x268px
>>161226383
What about the most used engine in AGDG?
>>
>>161226479
>it's popular so it's good
wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>161226508
popular by nodevs on adgd no less
>>
>>161226479
it's literally shit
>>
>>161226508
>it's popular so it's bad
wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>161226508
Where did I say that?
>>
>>161226539
>most used is somehow relevant to quality
>>
>>161226508
>>161226528
>>161226530
Where are your games?
>>
>>161226579
Where did I say THAT?
>>
>>161226479
Godot has more users than Love? That's kinda interesting.
>>
>>161226591
for sale on itch and sellify
>>
>>161226668
Link? What engine are you using? What genre is it? 2D or 3D? How is sellify for selling games?
>>
>>161226532
>>161226539
>>161226579
>>161226649
>he keeps getting rekt
>>
>>161226649
implied via >>161226479 you thick/shitposting faggot
>>
>>161226710
>sellify
That is one formulaic looking website
>>
>>161226579
t. construc 2 man
>>
>>161226731
How so? I just stated it's the most used.
>>
>>161226762
not even close m8
>>161226770
alright m8
>>
>>161226710
I'm not proud enough of it yet to link directly to you fags who will bully me

I get more sales on sellify than itch tho. It's Space genre and 3D.
>>
>>161226468
sound cool - I'm in with that
>>
>>161226806
Space is a setting not a genre
>>
>>161226806
>not proud enough to show it to people but """"proud"""" enough to sell it

Hello Shekelstein
>>
>>161226890
[email protected]
mite b cool
>>
>>161227051
>you're getting paid for work, that's awful in our capitalist society

I'm not a commie, if people think my work has monetary value to them, I will not prevent them from making an exchange they want to make. I do not lie or glamorize my product.
>>
>>161226303
>>161226334

Thanks for the help, but I ended up finding the issue.

My item database class has to be it's own script, can't be in a namspace even if everything is using that namespace. Probably something to do with core code handling more than it should, so using namepsaces in editor code doesn't actually matter
>>
how do you guys plan out your games? whiteboard, notebook, mspaint?
>>
>>161227295
Head
>>
>>161227295
notebook at desk, phone in bed.
>>
>>161227295
I use Evernote and sometimes Trello but the more I dev the less I plan and commit to paper, really.
>>
Maybe more people are up right now so I'll ask again.

For anybody whos used Spriter and/or Spriter Pro give me a detailed explanation of the exclusive features of Pro in a way that my dumb little brain can understand?

Because the site just says what version can or can't do what, not what any of those features actually are. Some are self-explanatory, others, not so much.
>>
>>161227295
I have a bigass spiral block with pages that have squares on it.
>>
>>161227051
>sharing anything that reveals your identity on 4chan
>>
>>161227943
are you bokudev?
>>
>>161225149
Fuck off, the setting is his.
>>
>>161227129
I can't send you an email, bro
>>
>>161227958
no, I am dinosaur planet colony dev
>>
>>161225842
>Kessler Syndrome
Damn Estonia-kun, you're so knowledgeable. I had never heard of this.
>>
File: 1467620197690.jpg (21KB, 270x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467620197690.jpg
21KB, 270x300px
>>161228057
thanks
>>
>>161228048
I see I was making a joke about the notepad has squares in it, since bokudev loves cubes
>>
>>161228048
the large scale one or >>161202843 this one?

you're both cool anyway
>>
When you think of neon signs what are the 6 most iconic colors that spring to your mind?

I think Red, Yellow, Blue and Pink are a given but I'm not sure about the final two.
>>
>>161228627
green?
purple?
>>
File: 4chan bj test.gif (196KB, 259x470px) Image search: [Google]
4chan bj test.gif
196KB, 259x470px
fixed some errors when loading an animation from file, now seems to be working fine and also less spaghetti
>>
>>161228906
>her legs

thanks mr skeltal
>>
>>161228906
>no bulge on her neck while the dick slides down her throat
meh
>>
>>161229000
>dick
What dick?
>>
>>161228940
they're not that bad, just crouched down too much
>>161229000
progress takes time, I've only been working on this game for 3 weeks
>>161229019
removed for 4chan
>>
>>161229110
I was just kidding, looks great. Amazing that you this far in 3 weeks.
>>
>>161229134
thanks
>>
Does that one voice-acting guy still come around here?
>>
>>161229180
The one who sounds a little faggy? I think I've seen him a few days ago.
>>
>>161229260
https://clyp.it/bfnszwgg
Same guy?
>>
>>161229283
Nope. I haven't heard this one in a while, though I don't usually listen to audioposts so I don't know.
>>
>>161229345
That's a shame. I had the guy's twitter at one point but I can't find it anymore. Thought it'd be nice trailer voice over stuff.
>>
>>161228627
I only think of Red and Blue to be honest.
>>
File: 1310491635748.jpg (17KB, 249x251px)
1310491635748.jpg
17KB, 249x251px
>figure out I need to add an additional variable to make a very specific function work
>the variable was already written with the same name and implemented in related functions back when I started the project because I anticipated it and I just forgot about it
Being smart is great, isn't it guys.
>>
>Need to have good writing
>Post in /lit/ crit threads
>Need to have good graphics
>Loomis & Dodson half an hour a day
>Need to code this shit
>Hopelessly watch YouTube vids
>Want to just run a tabletop game
>Don't have any friends
>Want to do nothing
>Hopped up on amphetamines
Okay.
>>
>>161230317
pro discipline you got there mate
>>
>>161230317
>not playing tabletop games by yourself
>>
>>161230389
Just because you masturbate on a table doesn't make it a table top game
>>
>>161230317
>half an hour a day
you have to spend at least 6 hours a day on art to get to an amatuerish level in 5 years mate
>>
>>161230317
>Want to just run a tabletop game
>Don't have any friends

post in /tg/, you will find someone to play tabletop with
they might be even able to direct you to tabletop matchup websites which pair together players with games
>>
>>161230373
They don't hand out amphetamines to just anyone. It takes real skill.
>>161230389
There's a difference between playing by yourself and with yourself.
>>161230562
Sadly, you can't get people on the internet to play your autistic homebrew of an extremely autistic RPG.
>>
>>161230436
>>161230639
You know single player tabletop games are a thing, right?
>>
File: 7099f1.jpg (67KB, 200x245px) Image search: [Google]
7099f1.jpg
67KB, 200x245px
>miss lectures for a week to go full time dev
>come back a month later
>what the fuck is everything
time to start over
>>
>>161230670
You may as well write a book.
>>
>>161230706
It's not nearly the same thing
>>
>>161230762
Neither are single player tabletop games.
>>
>>161230806
They are a subcategory of tabletop games
>>
>>161230868
They're nothing like actual tabletop games.
>>
Can I post my game mods here?
>>
>>161230887

What's the mod?
>>
>>161230885
Being a subcategory of tabletop games implies in being actual tabletop games
>>
>>161230912
it's a source mod
>>
>>161230926
Is that it?
>>
>>161230317
My ambition is to become a nodev.
>>
File: 1478011726551.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1478011726551.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
>run accidental infinite loop
>lose progress because I didn't save and had to kill the engine process
Wake me up
>>
>>161231674
What engine?
>>
>>161231717
Jewnity
>>
>>161230639
tell'em that you are making a video game and you want to test out its rules and that you will give them free copies for reward
>>
File: Shakes.webm (2MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shakes.webm
2MB, 960x600px
hmm i wonder what causes that shaking. it's not even my spaghetti code or anything, it's just a fast moving rigidbody in an empty scene and unity is kind of shitting itself... it's not even superfast, like 1k m/s approx. oh well i guess it's a feature now
>>
>>161232016
>i-its not my code, it must be the engine!!!
wew lad
>>
>>161232016
probably floating point precision problems

I can't recall if unity has world size settings so try shrinking everything down by a factor
>>
>>161232123
it's not, because there is no script attached to annything, all that happens is that energy is applied to a rigidbody of the ship when the game starts
>>
>>161232143
i don't know about a setting like that
but i guess i could cap the top speed to fix it
>>
>>161232123
pretty safe assumption when using unity
>>
>>161232306
what is this, source? lmao
>>
>>161224053
That "into gamedev" question must have incredibly skewed results. I just clicked 5, because I could not figure out what each number represented. I'd wager many others have done the same.
>>
File: 2016-05-05_153133.jpg (103KB, 871x550px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-05_153133.jpg
103KB, 871x550px
>after weeks of thinking up a new enemy spawn algorithm end up with something I like
>find out it's NP complete and scales with progressive difficulty
just fuck my shit up
>>
Is there a Gamemaker 2 torrent/crack out yet?
>>
>>161232143
>>161232016

indeed, it is probably floating point precision problems

perhaps you could try making the world move around the player instead. other stuff slightly spazzing shouldn't be that apparent as is player cockpit spazzing
>>
>>161232721
and you needed a WEEK to come up with that?
I mean, that whole concept is not really groundbreaking - probably most devs are using it without knowing that it has a name (NP complete and scales with progressive difficulty).

Try to implement something above normie tier next time.
>>
>>161232016
regardless of whether you cap the speed you're going to run into problems if you allow the player to infinitely travel away from the center of the universe (0,0,0)

maybe you can try to ghetto recenter the whole world at the player after a certain distance

there's also this http://scottbilas.com/files/2003/gdc_san_jose/continuous_world_paper.pdf
>>
>>161233014
>>161232143
its almost definitely not floating point error, modern systems have more than long enough reigsters for stuff like this
>>
>>
>>161233338
dope feature you got there
>>
>>161233292
I've seen this before but yeah he should try disabling self-collision and then turning off collision altogether to see if it still spazzes out before trying other solutions
>>
File: shitfam_on_floating_points_haha.png (72KB, 1240x342px) Image search: [Google]
shitfam_on_floating_points_haha.png
72KB, 1240x342px
>>161233292
>>161233014
>>161232143
>>161233473
>Floating Points

Lol. Just lol. Ready to get BTFO again, Reek?
>>
>>161233369
thanks
>>
File: Big Fat Paulie.png (327KB, 720x392px) Image search: [Google]
Big Fat Paulie.png
327KB, 720x392px
So in Unreal 4, am I supposed to save everything to one gargantuan single file that contains all the data I need saved or should each object type that needs saving have its own save class? Like a specifically tailored one for characters, one for objects, one for enemies that sort of thing?
>>
File: what the fug.png (91KB, 408x327px) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.png
91KB, 408x327px
>>161233914
>literally just multiply it
>>
>>161233914
>>161233817
>>161233524
why is this guy talking to himself again
>>
>>161233524
>h-here's a pic from my private collection, floats are j-just imprecise lol
>>161233914
>j-just multiply it bro t-thats all the math you need

What the actual fuck is wrong with this person?
>>
File: YftFgFM.jpg (893KB, 1000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
YftFgFM.jpg
893KB, 1000x4000px
>>161234323
When parenting goes wrong, you realize this thing is your offspring, and you got no choice but to feed and forget about them.

...since modern laws won't let you put them down.
>>
>>161227295
millions of sticky notes all over my monitor
>>
>come in to the thread
>d* having yet another meltdown because someone stole his meds

well see you guys later... :/
>>
File: poalme.png (1MB, 1179x806px) Image search: [Google]
poalme.png
1MB, 1179x806px
>spent an entire day chasing one bug preventing be from implementing the ext feature
>it is so late already that I won't have time to implement that anymore

pic of an unrelated poll from this thread
>>
>>161227295
99% in my head

write down some of the results of my thinking in TODO lists and concepts lists in notepad, concept diagrams in mspaint
>>
>>161235482
>anime-haters
>on agdg
Why
Just why
>>
File: new advances in ai technology.webm (46KB, 210x205px) Image search: [Google]
new advances in ai technology.webm
46KB, 210x205px
this is quickly becoming my favorite enemy to work on
>>
>>161235756
>implying sanitation theme isnt the most interesting of the 4 available
>>
File: senpai notice.jpg (42KB, 1302x456px) Image search: [Google]
senpai notice.jpg
42KB, 1302x456px
>>161227295
much like when I practice drawing fursmut, I do it with dead forms and unnecessarily printed out powerpoints I get from work

>>161235482
>sanitation/waste management themed RPG
whoa!! I gotta try that!!!!
>>
>>161235959
Googs it's already well established you like trash
>>
File: 1430529123245.jpg (47KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1430529123245.jpg
47KB, 500x284px
>>161233914
>literally just multiply it
>>
File: 1478675051966.jpg (92KB, 446x644px)
1478675051966.jpg
92KB, 446x644px
>>161236158
why else would i be here?
>>
>>161236048
>drawing furry porn on work documents
absolute madman
>>
>>161233285
the space is limited, the player won't ventrue too far since there will be nothing there, so if he decided to fly one hours on the same direction it will be because he wants to bug the game on purpose and there is no point in trying to prevent him from causing intentional bugs when it's a single player game
the speed bug is annoying though, i expected that super speed would be a problem but not such low speeds as well i mean real life jets fly at those speeds
>>
>>161236048
Kill yourself. You don't deserve to post in this thread. This thread is for YesDevs only, and literal faggots (L I T E R A L L Y you are a LITERAL FAG) like you aren't devs.
>>
>>161232016
definitely a float precision problem

it's common in space type games where you travel relatively large distances

and unity is just extra shitty like seriously

but there are ways to work around it, i don't remember which game but like the devs of star citizen or something said how they solved it
>>
>>161232016
>>161236728
oh and if it's just the shadows then it's a precision issue in the shadow map, try moving the light source closer
>>
>>161236728
>large distances
But that is just it, it's not really that far from the world center, it's only about 50 000 meters, or is that considered a large distance in unity? i thought a large distance would be like a million meters
>>
>>161236853
single-precision floats only have just under 7 digits of precision (log(2^23-1)), and 50 000 meters would be 5 000 000 centimeters (7 digits), so yes you're losing a significant amount of precision if the code isn't doing extra work to deal with precision. typical game levels are maybe just a few hundred meters in size.
>>
>>161233524
literally what the fuck is that post? Do people actually believe that shit?
>>
File: confused.png (74KB, 300x256px)
confused.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>161233524
>an object can be at a very precise position near the center, but if it's far from the center, I star(sic) to lose precision.
>>
The funniest thing is that I'm pretty sure that the posts he uses to start the samefagging (like the floating point post, the various Source screenshots and all the other 'stupid' posts) are actually made by other people. He then pretends that sourcefam (aka himself) is behind them, and then samefags reply after reply, thread after thread.
I'm starting to hope he set up a bot or something because for a person to do this manually, every single day, is just not healthy.
>>
>>161235756
I came to 4chan for the anonymity. agdg has tolerable levels of anime posting. I've grown accustomed to the general and now I can't leave.
>>
>>161237521
>I'm starting to hope he set up a bot
He didn't. He's manually posting and modifying his posts to avoid getting banned as much as possible.

Just treat him as noise, report and move on
>>
>>161237128
op is traveling at 1km/s on a 50km map that gives room for 3 decimal points.

And yet that is not enough.
>>
>>161237896
>gives room for 3 decimal points.
thats not how floats work
>>
Just quiclly sign in to google anon ...

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>161238061
??
>>
>>161238093
>>161224053
>>
File: are u sure.png (216KB, 430x329px) Image search: [Google]
are u sure.png
216KB, 430x329px
>>161233524
>someone out there actually believes this shit
>>
>>161238061
>>161238152
>not having a google account in 2016
wew
>>
File: implying implications.png (2KB, 240x80px) Image search: [Google]
implying implications.png
2KB, 240x80px
>>161238196
I just answered the ??
I did complete the survey.
>>
>>161237521
no part of what you posted makes any sense syntactically 2bh fwiw
>>
>>161224808

Super Melee !
>>
File: u wot nigga.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
u wot nigga.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>161233914
>just multiply it
>>
>>161238318
It does actually, you might just be stupid.
>>
>>161233914
>0 * 255 = 0
>0.1 * 255 = 25.5
>0.2 * 255 = 51
>0.3 * 255 = 76.5
>0.4 * 255 = 102
>0.5 * 255 = 127.5
>0.6 * 255 = 153
>0.7 * 255 = 178.5
>0.8 * 255 = 204
>0.9 * 255 = 229.5
>1.0 * 255 = 255

Using the method specified in that "meme" image I was able to create a farily decent scale from 0 - 255 with only one decimal space.
Can someone explain to me how that image (and consequently, my results) are false?
>>
>>161238729
They aren't, the guy replying 200 times is a schizo shitposter who doesn't understand mathematics.
>>
>>161233524
Who the fuck actually posts garbage like this? Do they even understand math?
>>
>>161233914
>that little trash can icon
>the post even got deleted

Lmao. So bad at math he literally got banned for it. So sweet. :)

If only whoever posted >>161233524 would meet the same fate..........
>>
File: Better not.png (22KB, 567x104px) Image search: [Google]
Better not.png
22KB, 567x104px
Is this what a yesdev is?
>>
>>161238729
>no game
>no car
>no life
Hidden, recursively. Enjoy the silence, nodev. Maybe you should use the quiet time of no more (You)s after this to reflect on why you don't have a game. :v)
>>
>>161239267
>duuuuude adult driiiinks lmauuuu XD

Nope. Not a YesDev.
>>
>>161239310
except I have a game
>https://wanderfall.itch.io/phantoma
you on the other hand...
>>
>>161238729
>>161239447
>trying to drag a dev into shitposts replying to shitposts
dumb poster
>>
What's the most money you've actually made from a project? Patreon and donations counting too, not just sales.
>>
>>161238729
Where is your game? Oh right. You don't have one. Muted.
>>
>>161239310
>doens't answer
>>161238729
yup, just as I suspected, you're a samefag shitposter
>>
>>161239790

about 10k

It was porn.
>>
>>161239790
$0.00
>>
>>161239879
c
>>161239447
>https://wanderfall.itch.io/phantoma
>>
File: 3d-rts_1.webm (3MB, 1026x630px) Image search: [Google]
3d-rts_1.webm
3MB, 1026x630px
The time has come.
I implemented enough functionality into the game to start refactoring code
That way anyone who will use my template as a base for an actual RTS won't have to reverse engineer my shit logic and spaghetti code.
>>
>>161239986
>Godot
Can I ask seriously why? If it's because you hate Unity then you could at least go UE4.
>>
File: img.png (24KB, 1583x410px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
24KB, 1583x410px
>>161239790
I was generous and gave it away
>tfw I did it for free
>>
>>161239790
been circling around amateur gamedev for way longer than 90% of people in this thread and i haven't made a dime
i'm not a proud man
>>
I want to create a platformer with an AI girlfriend to keep me company.

She will be created using a neural network, so she can learn and help me.

I'll hard code some general game playing ability, but she learns to do things by herself, and we will help each other.

I want her to be able to have some predictive capabilities of what I will do, and interact with me. Eg, healing, shielding each other etc

Thoughts / ideas? I'm just brainstorming
>>
File: how to AI.jpg (15KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
how to AI.jpg
15KB, 512x288px
>>161240445
>>
>>161239790
I won a kinder surprise in a game jam
>>
File: dda.png (6KB, 526x88px) Image search: [Google]
dda.png
6KB, 526x88px
>>161240152
>>
>>161240124
It's because I am freetard and Godot is the best FOSS engine out there.
I want it to get better and more popular.
>you hate Unity
not exactly hate, but I do not approve of their business model
>you could at least go UE4
Yes I could.
In, fact, if I had a project that needed shiny graphics I would go for UE4, since it is very close to being open source. You are 2 registrations away from it's source code (EPIC and Github).
Also EPIC has an awesome business model for it. Pay them what, 5% of your profits AFAIK, only after you made 3k burgereuros yourself.

I think that more people should go Godot for not-so-complex project and UE4 for everything else.
>>
>>161240678
>It's because I am freetard and Godot is the best FOSS engine out there.
>I want it to get better and more popular.
I like the cut of your jib.
>>
>>161240678
Fair enough.

>>161240445
Tree behaviors my man. Don't try with the state machine model because it will become a nightmare fast.
Also note that making a real intelligent AI, as in which doesn't obey to any rules, for the time being is impossible ever for the best MIT scientists around.
>>
>>161239267
>someone who can barely program doing nothing but program
>teams up with someone who can barely art doing nothing but art
>yesdev
nah
>>
File: dash.jpg (30KB, 956x66px) Image search: [Google]
dash.jpg
30KB, 956x66px
>>161239790

>Should have given the option to pay.

Are these numbers pretty good for 17 days active?
>>
>>161239790
>>161239906 this
SIT is getting up there though.
>>
>>161240678
>you hate Unity
not exactly hate, but I do not approve of their business model.

Not only that but they went from one-time buy for pro to subscription. Unreal as been more consistent, they've the same model for a decade, the only thing they've done additionally is release the source code.
>>
>>161241149
Now this is fresh bait. Sasuga goog
>>
File: 3d-rts_2.webm (3MB, 1026x630px) Image search: [Google]
3d-rts_2.webm
3MB, 1026x630px
>>161240805
as in camera rotation?

I also have right-click-to-move-quickly thing implemented
>>
i think im making this way more difficult than it should be

im trying to make moving platforms. the platforms move as the same speed as the player to avoid sub pixel movement (low res, 1 pixel per step). is there a way to make relative movement on the platform feel good when the camera is stationary?

if you move opposite of the platform, you appear to move in place since both movement speeds cancel each other out.

i can set the platform to move at half speed but then i need to deal with sub pixel jitter which isnt cool.

am i just being stupid?
>>
>>161241304
>Not only that but they went from one-time buy for pro to subscription
Wait, what? Does this mean that you have to pay them monthly if you have a successful game?
>>
File: 1376599747016.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1376599747016.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>161241149
Because Rock Paper Scissors Simulator and Stare-At-People-In-Public Simulator had such complicated programming and masterful art, right?
>>
File: 3d-rts_3.webm (2MB, 1026x630px) Image search: [Google]
3d-rts_3.webm
2MB, 1026x630px
>>161241813
And screen edges also move camera

>>161241828
reverse engineer this shit:
https://github.com/godotengine/godot-demo-projects/tree/master/2d/platformer

OK I will stop shilling now
>>
File: fashionable kaiji.png (337KB, 1136x976px) Image search: [Google]
fashionable kaiji.png
337KB, 1136x976px
>>161242008
it would take the Arikado team increasing to 8 people and at least 3 years for them to make SIT.... also i would have had to have made it first so they know that such a game is possible to make.
>>
File: 1479259539728.png (514KB, 1000x758px)
1479259539728.png
514KB, 1000x758px
>>161242338
>goog knows how to make games
>doesnt make games
but how?
>>
>>161242338
>SIT would take 8 people and 3 years

Well I guess that explains why Rock Paper Scissors is still in development for like it's 6th year.
>>
File: dots.png (12KB, 817x977px) Image search: [Google]
dots.png
12KB, 817x977px
Look at the pic, pals.

The code to draw those white 4x4 pixel dots takes up about 65% of the total code required to draw everything in that pic.

Anyways, is that anon, who wanted to make a save game converter from his game to mine still here?
>>
>>161242338
So you're saying you could make Clarent in what a month or two? This is beyond epic
>>
File: clarentgal.png (115KB, 1145x893px) Image search: [Google]
clarentgal.png
115KB, 1145x893px
>>161242713
>implying
likely to still get updates because i love it but it's done.

>>161242815
you mean a castlevania clone? yeah i could do that in a month or two easy but why would i waste my time on clone garbage thats been done literally thousands of times?
>>
>>161243009
>yeah i could do that in a month or two easy
Sure you can. I could make RRPS by the end of today but why would I?
Hell I could run a marathon in 2 hours but I have no reason to.

Gogem, living your whole life upside down must have fucked with your brain.
>>
>>161243124
>I could make RRPS by the end of today
you definitely could do a logic/UI version within a couple days (thanks to the fact you dont have to deal with any of the design issues of being the first to make it).
>>
>>161243353
>thanks to the fact you don't have to deal with any of the design issues of being the first to make it
>Implying I ever played it
I obviously meant from scratch. Just like it's easy to clone Castlevania just by playing one, I read and watched Kaiji so making the game is super easy.
>>
>>161243009
>you mean a castlevania clone? yeah i could do that in a month or two easy
prove it faggot. because that's unrealistic as shit.
>>
>>161243498
>I read and watched Kaiji so making the game is super easy.
someone who has only made clones, never an adaption.

>>161243618
no it isnt, 2 months is alot of time. ive made actual original games in far less time. and with a castlevania, it's such cliche overrused material that the majority of coding is out there available for copypasting (or built right into the engine) it's paint by colors for anyone who knows how to make actual games.
>>
File: 1476551741334.jpg (23KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
1476551741334.jpg
23KB, 414x425px
>>161244042
ah, so basically what you mean is
>i can copypaste all the code and assets in a month or two easy
wew, googdev is hard.
>>
>>161241828
oh i forgot to mention im using game maker studio. shouldn't make a difference though since the logic should be the same.

>>161242216
i know how to code it. im just not sure about the design aspect. should i alter the player's base movement on the platforms, or just avoid having them be the same base speed?
>>
>>161244042
>no it isnt, 2 months is alot of time. ive made actual original games in far less time. and with a castlevania, it's such cliche overrused material that the majority of coding is out there available for copypasting (or built right into the engine) it's paint by colors for anyone who knows how to make actual games.
someone who's made """"games"""", never a game
>>
>>161240124
Because not everyone is cucked by big engines
>>
>>161244135
>set out to clone a wheel
>complain when people do it efficiently
oh?
>>
>>161244310
>what? it took you 3 days to make that painting?
>lol I can make it (trace it) in 2 hours
>gogem brags about this
Wow

Just wow
>>
File: Screenshot_Doom_20161126_110629.png (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_Doom_20161126_110629.png
96KB, 640x480px
>https://webmshare.com/play/699Ln
MFDs work more or less properly now. Sound guy has done amazing work which'll make them feel real nice to use.
>>
>>161244423
who's bragging?
that's literally what clonedevs are doing. tracing and taking a really long time to do it.
>>
File: robot_finger_with_IK.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
robot_finger_with_IK.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I always come back eventually

Looking for advice on how to improve this finger
>>
>>161244519
Sure goog, sure.
>>
>>161244537
Stick it up your arse
>>
>>161243353
>Designing the concept of rock paper scissors
>Stealing the plot to an anime

i_made_this.jpeg
>>
>>161244645
there's no plot in Restricted-RPS, it's a competitive multiplayer game.
>>
WHY do you make games?
What's the point?
We're all going to die and your game will be lost in time.
>>
>>161244745
I'm pointless myself, why should my action have a point?
>>
>>161244712
You didn't come up with the concept of Restricted RPS so you're just like any other clone dev.
>>
File: 1463129541745.png (380KB, 531x651px)
1463129541745.png
380KB, 531x651px
Fuck you guys I'm going to /v/ dev thread. Those shills actually post progress sometimes.
>>
>>161244843
i dont understand, explain further.
>>
someone last thread said I should use WebmCam to post progress
I downloaded it and downloaded ffmpeg and set the path to it and it's not working, in the output it says "Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height"
I didn't fuck with the flags, I only set the path to ffmpeg
help?
>>
>>161244519
>clonedevs
>>
>>161244924
download the version including ffmpeg
>>
>want to design a card game
>don't want it to be overly complicated because that shit isn't widely accessible and I personally hate card games that try too hard
>don't want it to be overly simplified because I don't want a HS clone that's even shittier to play than HS, but this would be the most accessible
>>
>>161245063
Clone MTG, it is objectively the best.
>>
please learn what these words mean.
>>
>>161245236
Where did I say video game clone?
>>
>>161245193
Yeah, I do prefer the Land mechanic to "get an automatic +1 Mana each turn!", since it allows for special Land cards, Land searching and other interesting ways to play your deck.
>>
imagine how much shovelware googum could produce a year if he spent his time devving instead of baiting retards and getting himself baited as the outcome
>>
>"If you don't invent a new genre every time, you're a clone dev who copypastes code from the internet." - Gogem
>>
>>161245365
Uh oh my game is not completely abstract and you can run in it, am I a clonedev? Because you can run in real life and videos exist where people are running?
>>
new to these threads, can someone explain to me who gogem is and why he namefags?
>>
>>161245539
He's a person. For advertisement.
>>
>>161245539
He's a failure like all of us, except he pretends he's not.
He namfeags because he's retarded.
>>
>>161245415
ironic

>>161245525
if you "invent" a game and it's in a genre than you fucked up.

>>161245539
not a name, website.
>>
>>161245690
So yeah, if your game can be classified in an existing genre, it's a clone. Got it.
We should compile an archive of Gogem quotes.
>>
>>161245019
jesus christ that seems like a god awful "game"
>>
>>161245690
show us how many copies of your ""games"" you've sold to shut us up, Ryan
>>
>>161244924
Get OBS, get Webm for retards. Easy progress.
>>
>>161245019
give the guy a break, being a cuck isn't easy,
>>
>>161245060
OK I did that, it still shows the error
it turns out both versions did produce a file, but it's corrupt
bluh?
>>
>>161245868
im worried you cry yourself to sleep too often already, i dont want to be involved.
>>
>>161245895
what and where is OBS?
>>
>>161246235
>he earned less than those $100 steam fees
those would be tears of joy, Ryan
>>
File: mfw gogem's sales chart.jpg (448KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
mfw gogem's sales chart.jpg
448KB, 3840x2160px
>>161246235
I would cry myself to sleep alright.
>>
Anyone know a good place where I could host a server list?
like having, ips, servernames and #connectedclients
>>
File: 2016-11-28_03-05-59.webm (3MB, 1000x528px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-28_03-05-59.webm
3MB, 1000x528px
Finally added animations and set up the Su27 model I made a few days ago. Time to go back into improving gameplay and start on the campaign mode
>>
>>161246384
Deep down in your heart
>>
>>161246235
just make a game or get a job at starbucks or something
>>
>>161246574
neat

finally an enginebabby game with action that isn't just a cookie cutter fps
>>
>>161230992
>>161232123
>>161232306
>>161232374
>>161233524
fuck off
>>
>>161246713
Post your game.
>>
File: 1455254160260.jpg (40KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1455254160260.jpg
40KB, 403x392px
STOP BULLYING
>>
>>161246574
damn son, looking good
>>
>>161246713
>implying aggy daggy could even make a cookie cutter fps
>>
>>161233524
>>161235469
Seriously reek. Fuck off. It's so obvious when you enter the thread because you start desperately trying to set yourself up for another meltdown and you ALWAYS bring up 'danny' out of the blue. End your life.
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px)
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
/v/ is making fun of us again
>>
>>161246820
>implying they don't just take babby's first cryengine sample/unity asset, slap a title on it and put it on steam greenlight
>>
>>161246926
>posting frogs
>posting wojak
>responding to googbait
I wonder why they would do such a thing.
>>
File: 1.png (60KB, 1141x810px)
1.png
60KB, 1141x810px
>tfw you finally find a good way to draw isometric tiles in the correct order and you end up with something comfy af

don't mind the framerate, for some reason it goes apeshit when I take a screenshot
>>
>>161241956
>Once you've begun collecting money for your product, you'll need to track gross revenue and pay a 5% royalty on that amount after the first $3000 per game per calendar quarter.
>>
>>161246926
link
>>
File: gridspace2_2.png (14KB, 615x360px) Image search: [Google]
gridspace2_2.png
14KB, 615x360px
>>161247046
>>
>>161241304

the unity model is now the unreal model.
>>
>>161247049
engines and middleware shit in general are such undeserving money grabs, like the havok physics engine, you get $25k per game because the typical small studio can't afford to make their own engine so they settle with some prepackaged shit, the unity engine in particular is so incompetently designed (or even bad on purpose to get people to pay to fix it), it's borderline a scam
>>
File: Sequence 01.webm (478KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01.webm
478KB, 848x480px
oops
>>
can he just... not have meltdowns?
that'd be great

HEY DANNY! stop having meltdowns okay? that'd be great
>>
>>161246713
>unorionically calls devs who are actually making games 'enginebabby'
Where's your game though?
>>
>>161246948
>implying everyone is copy pasting and drag and dropping there way into games
You really believe this
because you've never actually made a game and have no idea what's involved
and it shows
>>
>>161247180
sometimes I feel like I can understand that guy who fapped over the tiles of his kitchen
>>
>>161247503
you barely know programming and math, you lack so much knowledge like you can't even imagine how much you don't know, so you put all this effort (from your point of view) into your games but what are the results? it's shitty amateur trash even after many years
>>
File: 145168939636.jpg (140KB, 798x596px)
145168939636.jpg
140KB, 798x596px
>>161247291
Stop posting.
>>
>>161247663
>this entire post
I think being told the truth triggered you as usual
make your first game and then maybe you can start referring to yesdevs as 'enginebabby's without coming off as a bitter retard. The truth is though if you were actually capable of making a game you wouldn't be a little bitchy enginedev in the first place.
>>
>>161247878
lol nice projecting
>>
>>161248003
>projecting
Ok
>>
File: 2016-11-27_20-34-09.webm (426KB, 688x386px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-27_20-34-09.webm
426KB, 688x386px
I present to you, the smallest progress in the history of this general.
>>
Just found which game bokudev is ripping off

>forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=49900.0
>>
File: he mad2.jpg (35KB, 295x358px) Image search: [Google]
he mad2.jpg
35KB, 295x358px
>>161248042
(You)
>>
>>161248132
My game is better!!! FUCK OFF
>>
>>161248136
does anyone remember OMORI on kikestarter that made like 200k

why is that RPGMaker game taking so long to come out
>>
>>161248132
>based on SM3DL
>targeting mobile first
>girl MC
>made in Unity
>all those platforms and obstacles
Holy shit you're right, it's exactly the same.
>>
File: ohomori.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ohomori.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>161248261
>$200k for this
>it's not even out yet
my sides
>>
>>161247663
>he actually thinks making games is about "programming and math"
Where are your games enginedev?
>>
>>161248467
>he doesn't think making video games has anything to do with programming and math
this is why your games are shit
>>
(You) need to stay in the chat.
>>
>>161248261
>200k for an rpgmaker game
>"why is it taking so long?"
because people who want to make rpgs need ambition more than money and 200k will keep him unambitious for a long long time unless he has an expensive drug habit.
>>
>>161248616
seems to be a full on scam judging by the comments
>>
>>161248558
>anything to do
Of course it's involved in gamedev but your post stinks of someone who has never made a game. You clearly don't know how commercial engines work either.
>>
>>161248734
200k is more than any finished indie rpgmaker game would ever earn so yeah.
>>
>>161248743
i was also talking about knowledge in general, not just programming and math, you literally can't even comprehend just how much you suck
>>
>>161248875
Post your game.
>>
>>161248467
>Where are your games enginedev?
Would you also ask a zebra "where are your spots"?
>>
>>161248842
how much did you earn Ryan
>>
Work hard or something
>>
>>161248909
how about no? post your game if you want to, not that i give a shit anyway
>>
>>161249002
Post it. If you don't, you're proving that you don't have one.
>>
>>161249064
i'm not doxing myself, you can believe what you want, but it's sad, for you, to be this in denial
>>
>>161248982
not as much as a game that only exists in peoples minds but definitely enough to make you scream into your pillow.
>>
>>161248875
>i was also talking about knowledge in general
Where are your games though enginedev?
>you literally can't even comprehend just how much you suck
You sound like a fucking idiot lmao
>>
>>161249159
Do you think that every dev who posts their game here gets doxxed?
Just admit that you don't have a game, we both know you don't, just stop lying.
>>
>>161249163
how much
>>
Why is gogem so assblasted about clarentdev? Jelly much?
>>
>>161249175
wow you're really this pathetic, i'll quit wasting my time on you and leave you alone in your reddit-tier safe space echo chamber

>>161249254
i have a game, but i'm not posting it
>>
>>161249310
You don't, you need to face reality.
>>
>>161249303
basically
>clarentdev is making his castlevania clone
>googs makes him fanarts
>googs wants to join the team
>clarentdev tells him to fuck off
>salty goog
>>
>enginedev makes snarky reply to Unity progress post
>gets told to fuck off
This is why they just stop making back handed compliments altogether and become literally insane about Unity and commercial engines.
>>
>>161249373
i'll let (You) believe that
>>
Post your game. Yes you.
>>
>>161249429
I feel sorry for you, you're living a lie.
>>
File: added lighting.png (291KB, 962x541px)
added lighting.png
291KB, 962x541px
I'm finally comfortable with Box2D physics, but I don't know what sort of game I want to make.

How do I find inspiration and ideas?
>>
>>161249432
Maybe next year
>>
>>161249423
oh wow. That's pretty pathetic, even for gogem.
>>
File: 14787116913257.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
14787116913257.png
29KB, 741x568px
>remember cubeworld
>>
>>161249428
>This is why they just stop making back handed compliments
it was just run of the mill shitposting. Enginedevs are the most jealous and petty nodevs.
>>
File: 1451568428664.png (155KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451568428664.png
155KB, 800x600px
>>161243009
>clone
>clone garbage
>>161244042
>clones
>>161244310
>clone
>>161244519
>clonedevs

Pic highly related. Kill yourself.
>>
File: clarentmen.png (240KB, 1768x696px) Image search: [Google]
clarentmen.png
240KB, 1768x696px
>>161249303
>>161249423
>>161249601
>making up your own AGDG fanfic
sad. nothing happened and im not "bootypained".
simply found it pretty pathetic that what i though was a 1MA trying his hardest to get good with his babbys first clonegame and barely serviceable art turned out to be 2 babbydevs.
clarent isnt going to make it.
>>
>>161247673
>>161250060
anymore from this series?
>>
>stay in agdg for years namefagging
>make enemies and burn bridges with various devs
>guarantee that you will never be successful even if you make a good game because you already dragged your name through shit by making school shooting "games" and namefagging agdg for years shitposting and being arrogant
>continue to wake up and post in agdg everyday
I still don't understand why you would do this. Ryan must really not like himself.
>>
>>161250164
>im not "bootypained"
Hahaha
>>
>>161250501

because the whole world knows what happens in agfg, amirite ?
>>
File: laughingpepe2by2.png (676KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
laughingpepe2by2.png
676KB, 798x770px
>>161226479
>18.9% engine dev
>>
>>161250648
This general consists of the most powerful 300 people in the games industry. And you.
>>
>>161250750
You're one of these right?
>>161224053
>>
>>161231674
protip, when in an infinite loop in unity, attach the monodevelop/whatever debugger and pause it, then change the variable that is causing the loop, or just kill it that way
>>
>>161250501
>GOGEM RUINED MY SAFESPACE
>I WILL RUIN GOGEM
are you rump roasted?
>>
>>161250943
>make meme game
>retards on youtube latch on to it
>somehow gogem thinks it's an achievement
Man
>>
File: Sequence 01.webm (750KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01.webm
750KB, 848x480px
how about you guys stop this ridiculous inter-developer drama for at least ten fucking minutes and work on your games?

anyway, i fixed the enemy moving platform detection. they won't jump on them but if they're spawned on top of them, they'll ride them and sometimes jump off if chasing the player. this could be super annoying/challengin as they are able to jump, so this will probably be a challenge that appears later in the level rather than earlier and used sparingly. it seems kind of backwards to have it that way right now but it makes sense to have the challenge created initially and be able to be "disassembled" so to say as opposed to make enemies able to create new unexpected challenges which could end up unbeatable.
>>
>>161250943
>every thumbnail focuses on boobs
God dammit patriarchy.
>>
>>161250943
>buy game
>make video
>refund game
wow, one video making more money than your sales combined
>>
>>161250648
You don't need the "whole world" to know you're a shitter to ruin your career. Ironically though Ryan has already become a public figure attached to school shooting """"games"""" though. He doesn't need agdg for the whole world to know he's a shitter.
>>
>>161251045
>>161251113
>>161251157
yeah but why arent i ruined? i thought i burned bridges and made terrible games about school shootings. surely im ruined. gamedevs surely cant be allowed to get away with this stuff, it's not like artists and hollywood and stuff where people can do whatever the fuck they want and will be forgiven (or celebrated) as long as they make things people like right?
>>
>>161251113
None of them bought that """game""".
>>
>>161251360
Because you're mentally ill. I mean no normal person would keep browsing this site when everybody insults you every day.
>>
>>161251360
>yeah but why arent i ruined?
Oh no... googem do you really think that you have any shot at a career in gamedev? Even as a 1MA you're forever going to be a shitposting namefag from 4chan who made a school shooter game for attention. You're already done. You know this right?
>>
OK I found another thing to do WEBM, and it works, but 4chan is telling me only VP8 is supported
wat do
>>
>>161251360
>as long as they make things people like right?
Let us know when you start making things people like and not just meme props for youtube let's players.
>>
left: me
right: you
>>
>>161250164
Well he's doing everything himself except musics so that's basically being 1MA.
>>
>>161251803
yet you continue to post here, ryan
>>
>>161251564
Use VP8 encoding
Alternatively, join me in bitching for VP9 support through 4chan's feedback function.
>>
>>161251880
yeah thats what i thought before too.
>>
>tfw you know it's just some nodev impersonating gogem but you still reply
Shit is shit either way.
>>
>>161252074
Are you sure that isn't just googum impersonating googem
>>
>>161252074
>tfw you know it's just gogem pretending to be some nodev impersonating gogem but you still reply
I wonder how many layers of irony he's on.
>>
>>161242008
Talk shit about gogem all you want but RRPS being an online game with lots of juice and animations makes it a huge undertaking for a 1MA.

It looks like a lot less work then it actually is.
>>
>>161252049
So you don't even know what you are talking about? He started alone, had artfag for a while and got musicbro to make him musics. He no longer has artfag so he's back to doing everything himself.

You could at least check your facts before you shitpost.
>>
>>161252314
>It looks like a lot less work then it actually is.
Kind of like a Castelvania clone with pixel graphics.
>>
>>161252314
He didn't make it by himself though.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (61KB, 809x395px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
61KB, 809x395px
Low poly meme soon
>>
File: babality.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
babality.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>161251731
>>
File: 1392655855099.gif (288KB, 206x157px) Image search: [Google]
1392655855099.gif
288KB, 206x157px
>>161252481
>>
>>161252074
>tfw cant tell if gogem is actually this retarded or if someone is just impersonating him
Usually it's pretty easy to see when someone is just trying to ruin someone's image, but gogem is so full of shit that it's hard to tell whether it's him or someone else.
>>
>>161252481
Or use a normal map?

A normal map would actually give you better results because you could heavily bevel the edges.
>>
>>161252384
well than he oughta update his bio.
do you think arkeikado has learned anything or is he gonna go and try to find another and another? it's the mentality of a babbydev that they would want to offload the thing they should be learning that makes it pathetic.
>>
File: flanker.jpg (615KB, 1899x975px) Image search: [Google]
flanker.jpg
615KB, 1899x975px
>>161246713
>>161246803
Thanks anons.
>>
File: xgz9nkR.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
xgz9nkR.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>161224632
>>
>>161252618
I know. I remember when he used to attack certain devs here and I would think it's someone impersonating him.

Then I'd check out his twitter and saw it was actually him.

Is there a personality disorder to describe people who just want to be disliked?
>>
>>161252871
Australian DNA
>>
>>161251360
How much money did you make of Social interaction trainer?
>>
>>161252871
>attack certain devs
what does this even mean?
>>
I dont really understand this Clarent-shitting meme.
It's probably my most hyped game to watch next to Monolith and the Ace Combat-like. What's with the hate?
>>
File: download.jpg (24KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
24KB, 216x234px
>>161252671
>using a normalmap to make something appear LESS detailed
thats actually a really good idea, its just completely out of the box thinking imo
>>
>>161252948
>googem
>Ausfailian
>>
>>161252987
>I dont really understand this Clarent-shitting meme.
It's hand in hand with Bokube shitposting. Yesdevs aren't actually welcome in agdg past a certain point. Arikado already left and came back once already.
>>
>>161252987
it's literally one person
>>
>>161253109
He isn't?
>>
>>161252987
When a dev's progress total reaches a critical mass, nodevs lose their shit.
>>
>>161253174
He's a failed American.
>>
>>161252970
nvm, you have only 20 reviews on steam.

You made a "game" through which hundreds of youtubers made a lot of cash but you earned only pennies compared.

Pathetic!
>>
>>161253220
Isn't that what Australians are?
>>
>>161253285
They're failed Brits actually. Even more pathetic.
>>
It's Arikado here. Been working on audio stuff so haven't posted for a while, because well there hasn't been much I could've shown.

>>161252690
Brian asked to work with me. I accepted his offer, he did some art for a while and then left. No idea why he hasn't updated his twitter. Last time I heard from him he was making his own game. He was cool, let me keep all few assets he made.

It's only me and PHI working on the game currently and has been this way for last 2 demo days.

I do literally everything myself except sound effects and musics, which PHI makes because I retarded with audio stuff.

I have no idea why you hate me so much, but I'd be salty as fuck too I guess if my ""game"" was worst selling game on agdg and I spent all time shitposting on agdg from my mom's basement.
>>
>>161253124
>Yesdevs aren't actually welcome in agdg past a certain point.

Well that makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>161252987
>It's probably my most hyped game
if you're unironically hyped i have some bad news, ive seen many metroidvanias throughout the history of AGDG but cant remember even one that was finished unless you really stretch the definition of either metroidvania or AGDG.
>>
>>161253432
Its real though. They start impersonating you and nitpicking your progress in a mean spirited way rather than bantz
>>
>>161253463
Aerannis was finished tho. Why do you keep saying shit when you don't even know anything?
>>
>>161253421
>I have no idea why you hate me so much, but I'd be salty as fuck too I guess if my ""game"" was worst selling game on agdg and I spent all time shitposting on agdg from my mom's basement.

FUCKING DESTROYED, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>161253421
>I have no idea why you hate me so much
stop projecting arki youre drunk.
>>
File: CyKejn_UsAA4CKz.jpg large.jpg (54KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
CyKejn_UsAA4CKz.jpg large.jpg
54KB, 700x525px
Are the free models in the Unity store or whatever it's called good enough for most vidya ideas, or should I learn Blender before I try getting into Unity?

Pic semi-related, I wanted to make a car game
>>
>>161253463
So? I'm well within my right to be excited over a game, regardless if you want to act like a cunt or not. I like it. I hope it gets finished. If that upsets you, then too fucking bad, lol
>>
>>161253629
Now I understand
>gogem is mad because his game failed so hard he can't even afford to buy the booze
>when he sees Arikado post about him being drunk, gogem gets jelly and angry
>>
>>161253763
but gogem probably wouldnt be allowed to drink anyway because his gram gram would disapprove
>>
>>161253561
stretched definition.

>>161253715
doesnt upset me in the slightest and i also hope he can finish his first game. i hope you can finish your first game too. i hope everyone can finish their first game, finish your games.
>>
>>161253629
I was drunk, with friends, yesterday. You know that some people has friends? I know the concept might be abstract to you, but there are actually people who has people they can spend their time with and do fun things like get hammered and play video games. It must be hard to socialize from your mom's basement and especially if you are that weird man child who thinks school shootings were funny.
>>
>>161253880
I hope you finish your first game.
Hell I hope you start your first game eventually.
>>
File: expeditions.webm (739KB, 761x978px) Image search: [Google]
expeditions.webm
739KB, 761x978px
i'll put some progress back into this thread
>>
>>161253432
You ever see those "ironic" shitposts about nodevs?

>NODEVS NEED TO LEAVE
>NODEVS KILLED MY FAMILY
etc.

That's a nodev shitposting because they have no game and being called a nodev triggered them really deep. They often get triggered by progress posts the same way.
>>
>>161253943
rekt
>>
>>161254115
Post your game.
>>
>>161254106
You are doing solid work. Thread always needs progress, but now more than usual.
>>
>>161254229
Maybe later nodev I don't want to trigger you right now.
>>
but why are the necks so long
>>
>>161254380
Post it right now, I can take it. If you don't though, you'll be proving that you're a nodev.
>>
File: 1469231603843.png (296KB, 598x510px)
1469231603843.png
296KB, 598x510px
>>161254106
All I did today was that I started to understand how binary files work. It's a nice feeling.
>>
>>161254410
because kaiji has weird proportions and gogem is what he himself called "clonedev". He cant come up with original stuff so he steals from others. Like he literally took game from manga and made game out of it.
>>
File: 1480212195465.png (193KB, 1193x869px) Image search: [Google]
1480212195465.png
193KB, 1193x869px
Ready to cash in on Flappy Bird mates, I have the perfect idea. Time to whip out my Java skills. I'll post my shit if I ever get something done.
>>
>>161254646
>Time to whip out my Java skills
I laughed out loud in real life
>>
>>161254451
Sorry my post about your behavior triggered you again nodev.
>>
What's with the frogposting this weekend?
>>
>>161254707
I guess I was right.
>>
File: 1471340713618.jpg (19KB, 358x307px) Image search: [Google]
1471340713618.jpg
19KB, 358x307px
>>161254643
>so busy shitting on others he accidentally shat on himself
>>
>>161254634
Magic numbers are really cool
>>
File: handsome.jpg (57KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
handsome.jpg
57KB, 620x349px
>>161254643
>>
File: my poor little feet.jpg (184KB, 650x906px) Image search: [Google]
my poor little feet.jpg
184KB, 650x906px
>>161254410
>>
>>161241243
>>161240569
>>161240152

Sorry for being n00b to this, but I'm nearing the end of a project so looking into my options for release, what are these readouts from?
>>
>>161255382
>Little girl with normal sized neck sees gogem's games
>>
File: kyouko channels googum.png (1MB, 1179x1059px) Image search: [Google]
kyouko channels googum.png
1MB, 1179x1059px
>>161254410
>>
File: ludmyla titchenkova 2.jpg (18KB, 242x332px) Image search: [Google]
ludmyla titchenkova 2.jpg
18KB, 242x332px
>>161254410
>>
What do you guys think about cannabalising old code for new projects? I've found that I can always go back and get something I've done before but it means that if I programmed it in a bad way in the first place I never learn from my mistakes. An example would be the spaghetti code I'm taking from my failed RTS game to fuel my dinosaur jam project.
>>
Namefaggery is cancer, but googem is a certified yesdev, and more than that devs in the spirit of internet culture. He attached his real name to school shooting simulators,ffs. Real life actual grieving mothers were mad at him. But it doesn't feel like he does things out of an old /b/ mentality. Whatever his reasons, MUH FREE SPEECH is probably safer because of what he does, like being an icebreaker ship.
>>
Tycoon game.

Ideas?
>>
>>161256019
I do that shit all the time. I ain't gonna go back and redo all that datastructure shit. Same for certain AI patterns or movement code. If it works, just copypasta that stuff.
>>
>>161256173
Not a roller coaster one I hope
>>
>>161256019
That's how you learn. Don't just blindly copy and paste. Look at it, think if there's any way to improve it while you move it to the new project, then do that.
>>
File: 1406897654222.jpg (748KB, 1024x1398px) Image search: [Google]
1406897654222.jpg
748KB, 1024x1398px
honestly i feel bad for stubby necklets.
life must be hard without the wealth and influence that comes with being born a sex symbol.
>>
Strategy game.

Ideas?
>>
>>161256261

Damn why didn't I think of that.
>>
>>161256267
That's what I'm currently trying to do: Reread what I wrote and write it out again to see if there's a better way of doing things. Still because I do this for a hobby (probably like most people here) I don't actually know the correct way to do most things.
>>
VR game.

Ideas?
>>
>>161256332

Dolphin Wars
>>
>>161255516
itch.io
>>
>>161256120
>like being an icebreaker ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQw7mZj0FOM
nice analogy, im going to steal that for my autobiography.
>>
>>161256332
Rhythm RTS
>>
>>161256173

Drug Kingpin Tycoon
>>
>>161256458

Dolphin Simulator
>>
>>161256173
Dinosaur zoo. And I'm not even talking about dino jam. I'm talking making a real nice dinosaur tycoon game. There was an old Jurassic Park tycoon game for the PC, it was a lot of fun. Dinosaurs could break out occasionally. There was also times when you rode in a helicopter and tranquilized dinosaurs, I don't remember exactly why though.
>>
>>161244537
Can't tell which version of blender you're using from webm, but for a while now you should be able to include the Rigify add-on in the user preferences.

The generated rig has finger controls where you scale a slider to curl/uncurl the fingers. and move it to control where it is pointing.

If not that then I might add a bone sticking up out of the tip of the finger, and use that as your IK bone, then add a bone at the base of the finger sticking out of the knuckle, and give your finger IK bone a copy rotation constraint to said control bone. Also, you can keep those bones attached instead of all offset like they are, or at least have a single unbroken chain of bones and then the offset ones deform the mesh and just inherent the rotation of the nearest bone.
>>
>>161256458
game about hunting down niggers on devastated europe
>>
>>161256593

Done already. Basement on steam.
>>
>>161256332
Standard futuristic military game, tanks, mecha, helicopters, planes, etc.

But, you can take direct control of any unit at any time and the game becomes third person where you control that unit.
>>
>>161254106
Whats the gameplay of this like?

Is it similar to King of Dragon Pass?
>>
>>161256332
>>161256458
GATTAI
>>
>>161256629

That AAA scope.
>>
>>161256629
Dino Park Tycoon was breddy good but that might be the nostalgiagoggles talking
>>
if you needed money and make a lucrative game as fast as possible
what genre or game would you make?
>>
>>161256724

It can be done better.
>>
>>161256917
Porn
>>
>>161256917
eroge, no question.
>>
>>161256724
>done
Stuck in early access limbo and getting half a feature per update every 6-12 months.
Stuff they've done so far wouldn't take a month to catch up to.
>>
>>161256865
He asked for a Tycoon idea. That genre is inherently large scope.
>>
>>161256917
Furry porn. You need slightly above deviantArt tier images (five or six tops) for teasing on patreon. Enjoy 15k a month.
>>
File: 1459545445618.jpg (148KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459545445618.jpg
148KB, 862x1000px
How about we discuss progress instead of devs for once
>>
>>161257282
How about we post no images instead of frogs for once
>>
>>161257282
hey thats my profile picture delete it plz i don't want others to use it

you're my least favorite dev
>>
Is WordPress a good choice for someone who knows nothing about webdev?

Anything better which automatically handles as much as possible? Domain names and all that
>>
>>161257282

How about we stop worrying about shitposters and just have a nice and civilised discussion over a cup of tea.
>>
File: 123455.png (24KB, 918x492px) Image search: [Google]
123455.png
24KB, 918x492px
I'm probably just being retarded but how the hell do I make my hit box collision hit multiple enemies while also only triggering once per enemy? It either triggers constantly without the first if statement or only triggers on the first enemy it touches with it. If I put the collided check in the enemy instances it works but creates a brief invuln period while other.collided=true, which I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>161256484
much obliged. Looks like bandcamp for vidya
>>
>>161257392

Wordpress should be plenty if this is just for a devblog.
>>
>>161257497
Give each projectile a list of people theyve hit
Or give people a list of projectiles theyve been hit by
>>
>>161256173
Auschwitz sim

I'd honestly love this but you'd never get it on steam
>>
>>161257712
>Prison Architect WW2 mod
>Literally Concentration Camp Tycoon mod for Rollercoaster Tycoon
>>
>>161257712
Have you looked at Steam recently?

I think it's safe to say no one at Valve looks at the games.
>>
>>161257712

I'm sure there's a prison architect mod for that.
>>
Does having anime on a third monitor negatively affect progress?
>>
How do you keep focused on gamedev when you have no gf and are so sad.
>>
>>161257925
Productive people don't know what anime is so yes
>>
>>161257925
yes
>>
>>161256332
>>161256173

Mercenary managment game

im trying to make it
>>
>>161257925
Afraid that if you've watched anime in the last 24 hours (though it could be up to a week honestly), your productivity will be totally hampered
>>
>>161257821
there's definitely people doing it but they're absolute shit, probably indian or chinese labor.
>>
>>161257990
>focused on gamedev when you have no gf
You accidentally added a "no" where it doesn't belong.
>so sad
Pills.

>>161258123
>Mercenary managment game
One of my big five. You the guy with the !schoolshooting sim, amirite?
>>
>>161258245
Yeah, had interviews with Google and some local company, so I had to break for a bit
>>
File: 1409364128069.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1409364128069.gif
259KB, 500x354px
>>161257990
>>161258158
>>161258023
Look at these nodevs.
>>
>>161258309
>interviews with Google and some local company
For what kind of job?
>>
>>161258245
>>so sad
>Pills.
Antidepressants make me sleepy and i do zero work. I quit my job after being on them for a month. Currently neet.
>>
>>161258379
the joke's on you dumb animeposter, i've already made game
i will not post it though because i am also smart enough not to make it associated with my responses to shitposts
>>
>>161258382
Web/Advertising prediction.

Basically If McDonalds wants to hit has a budget of one million dollars, and wants to advertise to the most amount of people that are male between the ages of 30-40 where should we put up our ads? How long do we expect it would take to fullfill?

And basically do the reverse as well, if mcdonalds wants to hit 20mil little girls with pictures of nuggets in 2 days, how much do we charge? How much effort would it take?

The local company is a startup for developing robotics that automatically inspect vehicles for issues.
>>
File: 1411070960282.gif (568KB, 240x291px) Image search: [Google]
1411070960282.gif
568KB, 240x291px
>>161258532
>i've already made game
>i will not post it though
>>
>>161258483
I've been on meds for 3 months soon. I sleep til 1400, then dev from 1800 to 0700. Pills also totally killed my sexdrive, so I've got loadsa free time. That's at least two hours freed up per day.
>>
>>161258123

Oh let's see some of it.
>>
>sleep 5 hours
>wake up thinking about gamedev

its ok who needs good rest anyway
>>
Any good resources for learning to draw sci-fi stuff like robots and space ships? I have 0 art skills right now.
>>
>>161258693
>Pills also totally killed my sexdrive, so I've got loadsa free time.
They stopped my ability to cum, but didn't reduce my sex drive.

It was horrible, my arms (yes, i had to swap due to fatigue) were so sore and i got all sweaty and disgusting.
>>
>>161258650
>startup for developing robotics that automatically inspect vehicles for issues
Sounds like a make or break thing, but several orders of magnitude more fulfilling than becoming a cog in the big machine imo. Which one do you favor?
>>
>>161258842
drawabox.com

In a later lesson he'll go into how to draw vehicles, so that might be helpful.
>>
>>161258483
do you exercise? do you sleep properly?
if it's not that basic shit causing depression (which a doctor will always prescribe you pills for because $$$ from you being lazy) then it's psychological trauma which is going to require you to do the difficult things of figuring out why you're sad (it's not "nogf") and the equally hard work of rectifying it.
...or you can ignore it all by making a fucking game.
>>
>>161258861
I give it a pump every other weekend, just to make sure it still works. I think the long abstinence helped, because before I had serious problems finishing, even when going back to the more hardcore stuff.
>>
>>161258924
Please don't support ISIS.
>>
File: hamma da metal wid da wood.png (319KB, 668x250px) Image search: [Google]
hamma da metal wid da wood.png
319KB, 668x250px
>>161258924
>that fucking hammer
>>
File: GIF1.gif (545KB, 392x338px) Image search: [Google]
GIF1.gif
545KB, 392x338px
>>161258881
Google offered me 6.4k a month as an intern and my starting salary would be around ~110k a year. I get paid pretty much half of that at the startup, but I get equity.

Google by far, much more stable, prestigious. DESU I'd gladly take a salary cut if I got to do gamedev for my own studio, which is why I'm here.

>>161258706
I feel like you're the "wheres ur game eh?" shitter but I'll post anyway.

Also added an itemdatabase finally, you can order AI to attack someone and they'll move to cover in weapon range. Inventory works as intended and attachments for guns work (no visual aspect).
>>
>>161259437
>Google offered me 6.4k a month as an intern and my starting salary would be around ~110k a year.
Fuck, that's solid.
>>
>>161258665
good job dumb animeposter you've conveniently left out the most important part of my post
>>
>>161259006
I longboard every week and do manual labour for £ occasionally

I honestly believe that it is nogf that's making me sad. It feels so fucking bad when I see a girl irl. The last physical contact I've made with a girl was 12 months ago, and I touched her hand for 2-3 seconds to see how soft she was (i was on acid at the time).
>>
>>161259437

Hell no. It's always nice to see people working towards something, I only asked since you said you were working on it.

Good luck with your mercenary manager anon, keep us updated.
>>
>making RPG
>no idea where to start with
Do I work on combat first?
Do I make the inventory system?
Do I make the dialog system?
Do I work on stats and leveling up?
Do I work on AI?
>>
>>161259562

It very much depends on the city.
>>
>>161259725
How about creating a framework for the world first? Can't test AI etc. in the void.
>>
>>161248073
I am 100% serious when I say that pop up text/image boxes in world space are the most challenging thing for me right now. May I ask what approach you've taken to get even this?
>>
>>161259725
start with the kickstarter
>>
>>161259562
Yeah, but its in SanFran, so really it's much more like 70k a year (splitting apartment costs me 2.4k to be within 30mins of work) it sounds much better than it really is.

>>161259681
Oh that's my bad then sorry. Yeah I'm glad I get to some development, I'm showing a developer from Real of the Mad God the progress on Wen to try and get some help from him/his friends once I want to start advertising it
>>
File: 1412053547606.png (222KB, 406x382px)
1412053547606.png
222KB, 406x382px
>>161259642
You mean the #1 excuse not to post your inexistent game?
>I totally have a game
>but i'm not posting because muh reputation
>>
>>161259725
Hey I'm doing something similiar so I'll give you my approach

Work on stats and leveling, this will be important for combat so do that first

next do AI helps you feel progress/make sure everything is working right

Then inventory,

Then do dialague
>>
>>161259993
>implying an average dumb animeposter isn't determined enough and isn't waiting to try and damage my reputation the moment i show an inch of my game just because i dared to insult his favorite chinese cartoons
dumb animeposter
>>
>>161260212
Can't show an inch of something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>161260304
like ur dick
>>
>>161260435
Unlike your game, my dick exists. Ask your mom.
>>
>>161253706
I've seen most of the in unity progress with programming the actual game done with simple primitive shapes (cubes/spheres etc.), you can then obtain models however you choose to slap on top of that underlying game logic.

If you want to get into modeling that is a whole nother can of worm desu, I usually end up hiding from doing any game programming by spending excessive time in Blender modeling other objects in my game but you may have a different experience.

It's also worth noting that in the standard assets package from unity there is already a few car driving game templates that you could disassemble or tweak to get a better understanding of whats happening.
>>
>>161259725
you should always start with a character that can walk around on a map
then add an npc, and make it so you can interact with that npc (either talking or combat)
>>
>>161260676
I do and it's really big. i will not post it though because i am also smart enough not to make it associated with my responses to shitposts.
>>
>>161260770

then go back and fix the map because you rushed it and the implementation is shit
>>
Hello. I'm new. Please be gentle.
>>
>>161261065
good job dumb dogposter you've conveniently left out the most important part of my post
>>
>>161261154
where's your game?
>>
>>161260803
what is your idea of "big" anon
>>
>>161259725
RPGs really need coroutines (or state machines if not supported) for all the asynchronous stuff that can happen like dialogue, cutscenes, turn-based battles, switching between overworld/town/battle screens, etc.

Best to have something in place from the get go.
>>
>>161259910
It's a hack solution, I just rotated the UI canvas to match the rotation of the camera.
>>
>>161258483
I know that feel. I got caught by depression last year, trigerred mostly by stress. Meds make me sleepy as fuck so I ended quiting my job and losing my gf.
>>
>>161261963
Excuse the dumb question, but how would a coroutine work to handle that kind of stuff?
>>
>>161256120
>googem is a certified yesdev, and more than that devs in the spirit of internet culture.
So he's a memelord shitter, but a yesdev memelord shitter.

Still a memelord shitter.
>>
>>161262136
Not him, but you can have coroutines running at all time for AI to constantly calculate what their best move will be for the next turn.

For the overworld/town system you have coroutines running to calculate what the stores should have/what quests should exist

And then lastly coroutines for town ai to wander
>>
Unreal 4

I'm using a custom Struct variable to save object data. I've heard that editing a struct once it's been created and applied is basically impossible due to errors that stem from any alterations. I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with that sort of thing before I start properly implementing it.
>>
if my game isnt showing up in search on itch is it because i don't have any files uploaded for it yet? it showed up on the global feed but it doesn't show up if i use the search bar
>>
>>161262008
>Meds make me sleepy as fuck so I ended quiting my job and losing my gf.
Good thing you did that instead of not taking the meds anymore. Smart move.
>>
>>161262478
wut

I've never had any problems altering stucts
>>
>>161262526
public/draft/private
>>
>>161262597
i have it on public
>>
>>161262136
Take a turn-based battle, for instance. There's a lot of scenarios where you need to wait for something to happen before continuing. You need to wait for the player to choose an action, you need to wait for an animation to complete before finishing up the logic of something, you need to wait until it's your turn again, etc. If you simply make a character's battle logic a coroutine with its own "main loop", you can yield from it to make all of these things happen.

Similarly, when launching dialogue you make the gameplay wait for it to be finished. You can program a conversation itself as a coroutine where you yield strings to print and dialogue choices for the player to make, and then after the yield you can branch on the results of these choices. Cutscenes have waiting for a character to say something like before (you can easily reuse the dialogue system), waiting for a character to move to a point, etc. When switching from the overworld to a battle, you simply yield the battle state and get back a result that says whether the player won, if they did, destroy the enemy on the overworld, etc.

If you didn't use coroutines this would involve callback hell that I don't even want to imagine.

>>161262286
That's not really what I meant but they certainly help there, too.
>>
how do shmups works guys?
how are those shooting patterns made and the enemy patterns?
>>
>>161259304
That handle is way too short.
>>
File: grafix.jpg (561KB, 2048x1152px)
grafix.jpg
561KB, 2048x1152px
how long do you think it would take to learn to make stuff of this quality level from someone who has 0 artistic skill and no modeling/texturing knowledge
>>
so the aggydaggy website appears to have a games section which is "under construction"
Is there a way I can find out what games agdg has finished?

I want to binge on new games but I've burned myself out on all the major titles I could find and hoped to find something fresh here
>>
>>161262551
Good. At this point I'm just parroting what I hear. Maybe it was Enums?
>>
File: 1397854230710.png (60KB, 540x769px)
1397854230710.png
60KB, 540x769px
what do you guys use for Unity(tm) input?

is everyone rolling their own solutions or is there a preferred package for rebindable input? I'd like to support controller and keyboard
>>
>>161262795
>>161262286
I see what you mean now. Thanks.
For now I'll start with stats and leveling as >>161260114 said, in the mean time I'll think how to set up the various other system with the coroutines. My game not being turn-based changes some stuff.
>>
>>161263018
Technically you could learn how to do it all in 3 months, but there's a design sense here and craftmanship that suggests the maker(s) have more than a year or two of experience.

Then you combine that year or two of experience with however many months or years of effort to make a game. The total could be 3 years or 7, too many variables.
>>
>>161263102
http://www.homph.com/steam/
>>
File: 1453502948613.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453502948613.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
I'm getting to that point where I've written so much code I don't remember if small changes to a variable will destroy the game
>>
>>161263420
>I don't remember if small changes to a variable
Not using 'final'
Not writing notes
>>
What kind of a thing damages and weakens all enemies when it dies?
>>
>>161263703
Poisonneedled Explosive Porcupine.
>>
>>161247280
Cave or hell?
>>
>>161263140
InControl
>>
What should I know about making my own font? I want to make my letters glow and I can't into shaders.
>>
>>161264169
get into shaders, it will be easier with materials
>>
How do you guys release your games? Do you plan to release this commercially? Or just release it for free in order to bulk up CV's.

How do you guys deal with the paperwork/fees of starting a company?

Fuck, man.
>>
>>161265046
Make the game first.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11749284
>>
I want to make little guys that automatically check for trees and go to start eating them and dropping off wood at a mill in Game maker. I'm retarded and have no clue on how to do this. Any tips?
>>
>>161265091

We do. We just want to release it commercially so we can put it on our resumes that we have a 'released product', and have successfully seen through the entire software lifecycle.
>>
>>161265046
>How do you guys deal with the fees of starting a company?
Is it expensive for you?

It's like £14 in bongland
>>
>>161262850
Math for patterns (or brute force it, this works too but jesus christ prepare yourself for spaghetti code out the ass), and careful planning for phases/waves (or just throw shit in there without thinking about how it adds or subtracts from a scoring experience. Most indie shmups do this and they have no staying power with the actual core audience that they have in a niche genre)
>>
>>161265392

400 for LLC + taxes.

I think it's 800 annual tax fee in Commiefornia.
>>
>>161237419
it's true, get an education
>>
>>161244042
Nothing RRPS does is in any way, shape or form different whatsoever from the kaiji version
it isn't an adaptation
it's a clone
>>
>>161265819
>he can play animes
tell me your secrets
>>
>>161263359
somebody on 4chin made risk of rain?
>>
>>161265819
but Gogem believes that since RRPS wasn't a video game originally, what he did is completely original and totally not a ripoff.
>>
>>161265509
why would you start up a business to release your games
that's only for stone and mortar places
release your game online for free
>>
>>161265913
I use MPC HC. Many people use VLC, some guys on /g/ use MPV. I've heard good things about PotPlayer but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>161263359
>Cash Out
Didn't know that still existed. Seen some progress, but that must have been more than a year ago.
>>
>>161265958
Ya
>>
Yo anyone want to anonymously disclose steam share percentage? 30% is always cited. I'm sure we have many devs with published games here.
>>
>>161265958
$_$
>>
I'm not dead.
>>
>>161265913
Hey gogem, what are some good manga with puzzles/mind games like Kaiji and Akagi? I already read Usogui, Gamble Fish, One Outs and Liar Game. I already plan to read the other stuff from FKMT
>>
File: threed.webm (2MB, 968x519px) Image search: [Google]
threed.webm
2MB, 968x519px
I'm kinda considering going 3D with my creature simulation game. I'd keep the creatures as billboarded sprites, but use a 3D heightmapped terrain and an isometric camera angle.
I think it has the potential to look pretty cool and potentially better than 2D, but then again, I lose the nice pixel-perfect top down view I had before and add quite a bit of complexity to the code.
My gut tells me not to fuck around with graphical bells and whistles, but what does /agdg/ think?
>>
i thought i could make tetris in 20 minutes but i was wrong
>>
I thought I could make a game in 4 years but I was wrong
>>
i thought i could take a shit in 20 minutes but i was wrong
>>
I thought I could make 1 minute of progress in 1 minute but I was wrong
>>
I thought I could easily find a programmer but i was wrong
>>
>>161266634
>I already read Usogui, Gamble Fish, One Outs and Liar Game. I already plan to read the other stuff from FKMT
then you've gone even further than me and i doubt theres much left.
i have 2 comics you can find on my website that fits the genre somewhat
more sports stuff is the way to go, not all of them are applicable since some err more on the side of action but there are a fair amount that take the game into consideration, not as much as One Outs albeit. Kuroko no Basket has a bad reputation from the fandom and haters and it definitely falls off towards then into DBZ powerlevels but the first half or so is exaggerated abilities for the purposes of illustrating gameplay tactics. Ookiku Furikabutte is also a favorite but good fucking luck with the manga... the second half of the first season's anime is easily one of my favorite things in the sports genre (a full game in pretty much real time with access to every player's thoughts)
>>
>>161266634
Rengoku Deadroll
Kakegurui
Gordian Knot
ənígmə
Denpa Kyoushi (kind of stretching it with this one)
Kamisama no Iutoori (also stretching it with this one)
>>
>>161267720
leave it to gogem to ruin a meme.
>>
>>161267608
This one is actually a serious problem for me.
I literally have OCD on the asshole.
I can't stop wiping.
When I'm done my ass bleeds.
I've already stopped going to the toilet everyday. I only take a shit every second day.
Every second day my ass is bleeding.
>>
Where are some decent resources for marching cubes in unity? I can't find anything
>>
>>161266623

Skyrim? Is that you?
>>
>>161267016
probably should stick to what you have for now if you don't know how complicated things can get
>>
>>161267659

What's up.
>>
Concerning rendering:

Is it smarter to group all the SDL_RenderCopy calls into some loop? I imagine this would be nicer on the cache.

Right now, each call is like this:

void Renderer::draw_sprite(Sprite& sprite, int x, int y) const
{
Texture& texture = sprite.get_texture();
Rect rect = sprite.get_rect();
SDL_Rect src = {rect.x, rect.y, rect.w, rect.h};
SDL_Rect dst = {x, y, rect.w, rect.h};
SDL_RenderCopy(renderer, texture.get(), &src, &dst);
}
>>
File: Whimp Expressions Big.png (1KB, 504x96px) Image search: [Google]
Whimp Expressions Big.png
1KB, 504x96px
Trying out this new set of eyes, how does it look?
Neutral is on the far right, testing out different expressions
I think this one is definitely less kirby, but hopefully still cute and readable. Critique/Comments/Advice please
>>
>>161267896
that's cool, just learn how the algorithms works generally and then use that knowledge to write your own stuff
>>
>Got Game Maker Studio in that bundle a while back
>Hear theres already a 2
Damn

How different is it?
>>
>>161267896
Well I imagine the process will be similar to marching cubes not in Unity.
>>
>>161268153
>Got Game Maker Studio in that bundle a while back
>Hear theres already a 2
That's why it was on sale.
>>
>>161268065
If you're worried about performance at all then drop SDL's rendering and use OpenGL directly.
>>
>>161268294
>just fuck my portabilty up
>>
File: megamind-poster.jpg (49KB, 450x666px) Image search: [Google]
megamind-poster.jpg
49KB, 450x666px
>>161268071
>that dreamworks grin

as hilarious as it is, please don't
>>
>>161268071
3rd from right and far right are good. 2nd from left too.
>>
>>161224241
That's a whole lot of projecting there.
It's not "humane." It's cowardly.
>>
>>161268401
SDL2's rendering uses D3D or OpenGL.
>>
>>161268194
I figured they would eventually get to 2, but not THAT fast.

Whatever. 1.4 seems like plenty.
>>
File: steamyHallwayGif.gif (3MB, 600x338px)
steamyHallwayGif.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>161267927
yes
If skyrim was made by looking glass
And was like a mashup between System Shock and King's Field
with the tech somewhere between thief and Final Fantasy 6
>>
>>161268573
yeah I do the same and I'm perfectly willingly to admit I'm a sack of shit
>>
>>161224071
>>161224107
Fuck both of you, I've had multiple projects where people have done this and it causes other people to quit because we wait around to see if you're still alive or not instead of hiring other people.
>>
>>161262539
>of not taking the meds anymore
Believe me If I didn't take them I fel worst. I got suicidal, and had panic attacks all the time.
>>
>>161268425
I see it. Couldn't find a way to make it look happy without that. I'll keep going

>>161268490
Thanks. Those are my favorites too, probably only ones I need
>>
File: 2016-11-27_19-18-44.webm (3MB, 600x318px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-27_19-18-44.webm
3MB, 600x318px
Did a bunch of under the hood work in the little spare time I had this weekend.

>made a bunch of tools to streamline thruster creation from dev point of view
>refactored thrusters so that the VFX are separate from the thruster itself, and can be prefabs
>totally reworked how ships rotate
>ships now actually use physics to turn (i was using torque and drag before)
>this means the rotation thrusters are actually accurate in their visuals now

Webm related doesn't look much different, but the mechanics are a lot more complex. In terms of being a usable game, I don't think this is a good idea because this is harder to control and doesn't feel quite as smooth or intuitive.

The way it works now, you specify pitch, yaw, and roll rates, then the flight computer (FCS) uses those as a reference for max speeds in relation to control stick deflection.

For example: 90 degree pitch rate means if you pull the stick all the way back, you request a 90 deg/s turn.

This totally messed up how landing works, so I added a disconnect mode where you have direct control of the thrusters rather than the computer controlling them. I was going to do that anyway, but it makes a lot more sense now, and the FCS freaks out when it hits the ground and doesn't know how to handle those rotations from outside forces.

Sorry for rambling in these huge tl;dr megaposts.
>>
File: godot.gif (55KB, 537x432px) Image search: [Google]
godot.gif
55KB, 537x432px
anyone here has used godot?

does the KinematicBody has some kind of friction? cuz I feel like it shouldnt
>>
>>161270906
yeah we have some godot users, but looking at the example games is probably your best bet
>>
>>161270906
The problem is when you're on the ground or on the wall Godot cancels out your movement partially because you're colliding. You have to use the slide function and collision normal function to resolve the problem.

Kinematic character example project shows it being used. There's also a tutorial somewhere on the official website but can't find it.
>>
>>161266623
You better not be dead faggot.

You're the only somewhat talented 3d guy here.
>>
>>161271328
>>161271243

thanks, will try that
>>
>>161268786
did you get my message on tumblr

if not interested, it's cool
>>
>>161244642
>arse

how's birmingham
>>
I'm making an indie 2D pixel sidescroller (cancer) but I want to have a combat system that involves fighting game style inputs.

How would you guys do this in game maker? I'm thinking of either using a timer to execute the inputs, or no timer and just having it be "stored" and when the final input completes the special move it executes

That would basically let you queue up a command, like
>down, down-forward forward > Wait > Attack
Makes the attack go off then, letting you delay it for as long as you want

Do you think that would be more fun or worse than standard fighting game controls?

Keep in mind, my game is not a fighting game and it'd be more akin to something like SotN.
>>
>>161272192
I wouldn't do any inputs more complex than Devil May Cry.
>>
I want to make a strategy kinda roguelike game with base building elements and a character squad, like maybe XCOM, Death Road to Canada and FTL.
Ideas for a setting? (currently considering space or pirates)
>>
>>161272493
lovecraft
>>
>>161272582
Bretty good, wouldn't know how to implement such setting though.
I can only think of 'Darkest Dungeon'.
>>
>>161272493
Bronze age nomads.
>>
>>161272940
Space is probably the easiest because you could either be colonizing a planet, or you could be doing something cool like building a space station.

Very hard to get it to work in modern settings since infrastructure already exists. I think it works best in sci-fi settings.
>>
File: RoomWrapping.gif (27KB, 352x292px) Image search: [Google]
RoomWrapping.gif
27KB, 352x292px
I made my room "round"
>>
>>161272940
>wouldn't know how to implement such setting though.
add tentacles to everything.
>>
See, it's green. For Greenlight. Very deep.
>>
>>161273052
Agreed. Probably going with space station building and managing, while ocasionally sending character squads to explore nearby structures/planets.
>>
>>161273748
>no loincloth
Have fun with the AO rating in the US.
>>
>>161273748
You didn't kill yourself yet? At least do the world a favor and castrate yourself.
>>
>>161274450
Too busy making progress to do that, sorry!
>>
>>161274507
that's the spirit
>>
>>161274507
aaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>161272940
your base building is library, ritual room, laboratory, etc.

enemies you can take ideas from things like Arkham Horror and such. there's also cultists, rabid dogs, etc. plenty of stuff to work with
>>
>>161259725
>Do I work on combat first?
Nope
>Do I make the inventory system?
Double Nope
>Do I make the dialog system?
Nope
>Do I work on stats and leveling up?
Fuck no
>Do I work on AI?
Absofuckinglotutely not

Like other said, start with the map and walking around, that's the core of the game, then expand to having NPCs to interact with. Then when all this is solid. It's your choice of doing dialogue or combat system.
>>
What do you guys use to make your music?

No chiptunes allowed
>>
>>161274751
Only the fruitiest of loops.
>>
>>161274751
audiotool.com
Free and includes quick easy tutorial
>>
File: 1480281448787.jpg (40KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480281448787.jpg
40KB, 960x540px
>>161274751
>no chiptunes allowed
>>
>>161273748
Keep going, you beautiful bastard. I don't even like furry shit and I will buy your game day one just to support you because you actually seem to give a shit about your game. Same with Arikado, honestly... and BlueNot-Kirbydev
>>
I got a new dev machine with windows 10 and now my monogame project won't compile my shaders because dx12, I guess? When I compile my shader as ps4_0 it says it can't find the dll, but when I compile it as ps6_0 it says it needs to be 4_0 or higher
I don't really know what I'm doing
>>
File: wat.png (91KB, 1038x766px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
91KB, 1038x766px
trippy af mang
>>
File: plants.webm (3MB, 509x510px) Image search: [Google]
plants.webm
3MB, 509x510px
Finally plants
>>
File: Reed-Oblisk-640x360.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Reed-Oblisk-640x360.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
>>161270319
Was your craft inspired by the Jonathan Reed UFO / E.T. case by any chance?
>>
>>161259946
2.4k a month?

ugh...
>>
>7 days for dino jam
>still zero idea what to make
>>
>>161221765
Jokes on your meme. I have the opposite problem.

Well, more specifically an artist or designer who won't flake out halfway through like a little bitch baby.
>>
>>161275920
>>161221765
>not doing halloween jam followed by turkey jam followed by christmas jam
You're blowin it agdg
>>
>>161275920
>7 days for dino jam
..it's not over yet?
>>
>>161275647
Reminds me of worms tbqh

spooky
>>
File: 004.png (57KB, 460x649px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
57KB, 460x649px
>>161275920
I'm working on a game too

not sure if I'll make it but I'm fond of the idea so I'll continue after the jam
>>
>>161257705
Awesome, that worked, thanks.
>>
>>161276442
c-cute!
>>
File: 001b.png (36KB, 368x527px) Image search: [Google]
001b.png
36KB, 368x527px
>>161276493
thanks

aggy helped with the design, made her into a stegosaurus instead of a triceratops and added the chef hat
>>
File: 2016-11-12_22-36-59.webm (821KB, 800x358px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-12_22-36-59.webm
821KB, 800x358px
>>161275774
Sorry, it's just a stand in I sometimes use when I need a simpler/cleaner test case for something.

Though I have thought of using them as is for target drones if I ever add weapons.
>>
>>161275291
Sure as hell prefer this gamedev stuff to what I was doing for money before. Just have to see if it even makes anything similar.
>>
File: 1444782608392.jpg (36KB, 583x642px) Image search: [Google]
1444782608392.jpg
36KB, 583x642px
>>161275291
>and BlueNot-Kirbydev

Thanks anon, means a lot
>>
File: 2016-11-27_20-58-00.webm (2MB, 800x306px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-27_20-58-00.webm
2MB, 800x306px
It's actually a bug that it's stuck in place (something happens when you land perfectly vertically that gets it stuck), but it makes for a neat visual while working on updated engine effects.
>>
File: pepe rare meme.png (104KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rare meme.png
104KB, 1600x900px
>>161246801
wen u get bullied but you have meme hands
>>
>>161276603
wow looks awsome
>>
>>161276603
wow looks awful
>>
slither.io dev was from here right?
>>
File: selfie.png (54KB, 375x477px) Image search: [Google]
selfie.png
54KB, 375x477px
>>161277614
>>161277724
>>
>>161275618
what're you planning to make with that
>>
>>161276603
How did you do the ouline?
>>
>>161278001
that's just blender postprocess

ingame it's a shader that renders with vertices scaled along the normals
>>
File: machine thing.png (21KB, 394x526px) Image search: [Google]
machine thing.png
21KB, 394x526px
some progress adding machine enemies
>>
>>161277980
cute :3
>>
>>161276764
Is there money in the commission game or do you have to keep a day job? Statistical analysis is fun and all but I'm looking to branch out for some extra income.
>>
>>161278125
>headbanging punk.png
>>
File: machine thing2.png (16KB, 540x328px) Image search: [Google]
machine thing2.png
16KB, 540x328px
>>161278125
robot with some plumage? will probably change it
>>
>>161278125
i dig it
>>
File: spider thing.png (14KB, 348x528px) Image search: [Google]
spider thing.png
14KB, 348x528px
>>161278284
spider character, needs texture etc. just some colors added to mark it up
>>
>>161278125
top heavy monsters are a personal favorite v nice
>>
>>161278449
The head shape seems to be pretty AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY tier
>>
File: stats.jpg (95KB, 568x843px) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
95KB, 568x843px
am I missing anything? what else are stats good for?
>>
>>161278971
To avoid having the major bonus from Willpower be the same as Intelligence, I'd make one of them be adding better MP regen, bu then again I don't know what your game is exactly.
>>
>>161260542
i asked her and she said it doesn't exist now pls leave
>>
>>161278971
Rather than missing anything I'd ask myself if I need all that.
>>
File: gpxxbn[1].webm (2MB, 994x466px) Image search: [Google]
gpxxbn[1].webm
2MB, 994x466px
If I complete and release my first 3D game I would like to make a hipster walking simulator non-game set in a snowy manhattan where you walk around in an endlessly generated city with people crowding the streets ignoring you as you try and find orange light sources, because there is an Journey-esque gimmick where people will also be in the same city as you and you can interact with the players next to these sources. you play as a bum.
>>
>>161279309
Sounds like fucking scope overload.
>>
>>161279253
I think there should be reasonable motivation for a player to want to invest in multiple stats rather than just boosting their strength to 100. I'm not a big fan of hard limits like Dark Souls so I'm trying to entice the player with lots of benefits for each stat.
>>
File: path-of-exile-001.jpg (535KB, 1920x1080px)
path-of-exile-001.jpg
535KB, 1920x1080px
>>161278971
>accuracy
DROPPED
>>
>>161279309
you'd need simple art to pull it off, proc. gen is really hard to make fun, takes a ton of effort
>>
>>161278963
yeah it does, fixed kinda
>>
>>161277868
if slither is the same guy as agar.io then yeah at least he's posted here in the past
>>
>>161279767
just cast bless, it'll be fine
>>
File: C0Ry2zg[1].jpg (100KB, 516x441px) Image search: [Google]
C0Ry2zg[1].jpg
100KB, 516x441px
>>161279427
Not really, but there is some hard stuff in there like setting up a path finding system for traffic and pedestrians that can deal with city blocks being generated as the player walks around.
>>161279778
Yes, the city blocks would be divided into 6-8 slots for buildings, where I'd make 10 or so different building "faces", with maybe a few color variations of each. The pedestrians would be hard if I were aiming for realism with a lot of different characters and clothing. I could go simple and just use 2-5 models and textures all wearing the same clothing.
>>
>>161277263
will you have hard core breaks this is a nice 'feature'
>>
>>161277980
>>161276603
>>161276442

What are you doing for the faces? Are they swapped sprites?
>>
>>161279471
>I'm not a big fan of hard limits like Dark Souls
There's no functional difference between having hard limits for a stat and having returns that diminish so severely that there's no practical reason for investing in them past a certain point (which is the much more important limitation to stats in Dark souls, not the 99 point cap).
>>
>>161273748
feet seem weird, but maybe just my taste,

i remember everyone arguing about the diaper now... are you happy now

god speed excited about this release
>>
>>161278971
Willpower doesn't seem like it'd be too good to boost mind based spells, since Int boosts every other type of spell. If you have spells you'd probably have cheap elemental rock paper scissors, like water against a fire elemental.

Unless mind based spells are just as varied and useful and also viable as a method to play it's probably not going to be worth pursuing. Can I end fights using just melee? Yeah that's self explanatory. Can I end fights with just blasting spells and shit? Sure. Can I be a mind breaker character? Can I end fights not by killing but by incapacitating the opponents, leaving their bodies abandoned on the roadside? Do you resort to mental damage, which is just another hp bar? Or is mind based magic just being a psychic, which is just a magic user with another label put on it? Will mind based spells let me turn enemies against other enemies? Will it have access to spells that matter enough to not just be int based magic? Or will it just be a skill that you level up because there is one enemy in the game that can kill you because you have no resistance?
>>
>>161268786
can we see some gameplay
>>
File: whydoievenbother.png (215KB, 706x1200px) Image search: [Google]
whydoievenbother.png
215KB, 706x1200px
>>
File: b.png (50KB, 495x387px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
50KB, 495x387px
>>161280140
yeah. painted faces are pretty restrictive since you need to have a flat quad or else it looks like shit from different angles, I had to give up on her original head shape

going to experiment with eye cavities next time
>>
File: happyspawn.webm (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
happyspawn.webm
607KB, 1280x720px
>>161280292
The underwear thing was for a different game. Likely continue that one after this Anubis thing is finished up since they're both using much of the same engine.
>>
>>161280238
Right, I meant the 40 limit not 99. I think it's better if there's not one stat that's objectively best to 'cap' as soon as possible.

>>161280364
I haven't fully thought it through yet but I'm drawing inspirations from Tales of Maj Eyal and a little bit from Stone Soup. Right now I'd like a full set of features around mental attacks but it depends how the creativity goes. Mindpower might be used for paladins and stuff to for repel undead or whatever. I should have a full spell list by the end of the week I think.
>>
>>161280546
oh shit there are 2 games!!!
>>
>>161280619
Kay, well the 40 limit is called a "softcap" and not a "hardcap" for a reason. Also I think having a stat that determines the accuracy of both melee and ranged weapons (which is to say, all weapons) is probably going to leave you with a stat that's pretty much mandatory to invest in, or at the very least the min-maxers stat of choice, but we shall see.
>>
new thread
>>161280771
>>161280771
>>161280771
new thread
>>
>>161278971
Honestly, I'm anti grab-bag stats, because unless you balance your game perfectly players are going to find combinations that break suspension of disbelief. Chaos magic giantdads in dark souls is the prime example in my mind
Instead I much prefer a simpler archetype approach: define (very roughly) what archetypes should exists, and then give players options for progression that are locked into that archetype. So instead of have an intelligence stat, instead have a mage class with a branching skill tree, and then just automatically up MP and such as you go up the skill tree.
>>
>>161281067
>Honestly, I'm anti grab-bag stats, because unless you balance your game perfectly players are going to find combinations that break suspension of disbelief. Chaos magic giantdads in dark souls is the prime example in my mind
Fucking bad advice. There's nothing inherently wrong with letting players splash their build with various stats. The player build diversity was one of the most interesting things in Dark Souls 1, shitty balancing notwithstanding (giantdads were only a problem for scrubs, and things like dark magic and katanas weren't broken because of problems inherent to the stat system, but because FROM doesn't know how to balance shit).

"Muh suspension of disbelief." Fuck you.
Thread posts: 760
Thread images: 136

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.