[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 767
Thread images: 104

File: bloodslave.jpg (12KB, 132x183px) Image search: [Google]
bloodslave.jpg
12KB, 132x183px
Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
http://pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Age >>160855214
>>
File: NationGen Discussions.jpg (2MB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
NationGen Discussions.jpg
2MB, 1200x1350px
Will the fabulous Foulspawn smash the ornery Ophidians? Can the pernicious Pygmies humble the haughty Hoburgs? How will the obstinate Ogres overcome the illustrious Ichtyids? What of the leaping lizards and pesky Pale Ones?

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WinterRaceWar

WinterRaceWar, our latest NationGen game, is kicking off in about twelve hours. That's plenty of time to pick a nation, design a pretender, and maybe even get some practice in.

So get your helter skelter on and make the UN earn their keep 'cause there can only be one winner!
>>
>>161067826
I will tell your mother to wash your mouth with soap.
>>
So sexiest pretenders are Titan of beauty and that Ulm warrior Goddess?
>>
File: 1463103471934.png (587KB, 977x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463103471934.png
587KB, 977x720px
>>161068094
>Guy with the mohawk is a /tg/-fag
Good taste
>>
>>161068135
Don't forget Annunaki of Love and War.
>>
>>161032743
I told you I'm not a big fan of NAPs, plus I was planning on attacking you so I could hardly refuse your offer and give my intentions away, now could I?
>>161038105
I'm sure people will forgive me, you're clearly the biggest threat.
>>161038556
>Irongrill is a spoopy player. Remove immediately
I'm extremely incompetent at this game, pls no bully.
>>161038702
>I can help in a few turns.
You are making a mistake, you should help me remove vanheim instead, they're clearly the bigger threat.
>Don't want jews to get into late-game.
This is MA Jews, they're not all that scary lategame.
>>161039008
I haven't attacked Xib.
>>
Just let jews stale damn I want my new turn.
>>
>>161068449

Figured it was probably a turkey day thing. Someone wouldn't sub into a game and immediately start staling, right?

Either way, if he's not done the turn by the time I get home (six/seven hours) I'll get him AIed.
>>
>>161068712
Fucking colonials.
>>
So why are terracotta soldiers good? At sub 1 gem per they're cheap, but also really shit. What puts them above skeletons?
>>
>>161068195
Good to know, gonna try her now
>>
>>161069583

oy, don't lump all the colonies together mate
>>
>>161069870

sexiest pretenders-

Virtue
Forge Lord
Naked Rephaite Guy
Vampire Queen
Asynja
Volla of the Bountiful Forest
Forester Bob
>>
>>161069896
Sorry, forced colonials are all right in my book.
>>
File: !!oh my god!!.jpg (279KB, 684x374px) Image search: [Google]
!!oh my god!!.jpg
279KB, 684x374px
>>161069870
FUCK I ordered her to attack rearmost enemies, but they were all barbarians and after the battle she has a chest wound and a never healing wound. Shit SUCKS
Is there a way for me to heal my waifu? I know priests may have healing spells but how can I make it so they target her?
>>
>>161070327

There are four options for affliction removal. Five if you're a pretender.

One: Leave them in the same province as a Healer. Unfortunately healers are kinda difficult to get. There are no generics, aside from a couple of Adventurers, which'll require you to luck out with events. If you're a nation with them (Arco, Caelum, Gath, Ashdod, Hinnom, EA Ermor) then you're good. If you aren't, it's not really possible.

Two: The Chalice. A unique Construction 8 artefact, grants Healer.

Three: Gift of Health, the global spell, removes afflicitons from all of your dudes in your dominion.

Four: Blood Feast, a B2 spell available at Blood 3, can be used to remove afflictions from a specific caster. But it'll make them eat your populace thereafter.

Five: Pretenders have a chance of losing afflicitons when they die. Don't do this. Unless you're Ur. In which case you probably still shouldn't do this.

There are a couple other things that can remove afflictions, the Immortal or Recuperation tag, but those are things the chassis needs to start with.
>>
>>161070710

I forgot Vanarus and Bogarus on the nations with healers list there.

TC, Berry and Sauro also have national heroes with Healer, but you can't necessarily rely on those showing up.
>>
>>161070710
>Caelum
Actually I am playing EA Caelum. Is it a summon? I don't see any recruitable healers
By the way, what happens to Pretenders when they die and come back? I think they lose some magic skills?
>>
>>161070998

Spenta of Waters, yeah. Conj8, so not exactly gettable early.
>>
>>161070998

When a pretender dies, they lose one in every path, and need to be called back. Which is functionally, I think, 100 priest levels of "Call God".

When they're called back, they'll show up in your capital, possibly without some afflictions they died with.

There are a couple exceptions to this, of course. Ur's pretenders don't lose paths. Immortal pretenders also show back up in your cap again immediately, and don't lose paths, but only if they were in your dominion when they died.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction

>http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction
>>
>>161071171
Can they get horror marked from dying?
>>
>>161071778

Not so far as I'm aware.

I've never seen it, at least. But in general you want to avoid having your god die, in so far as that's possible.
>>
>>161071965
My octopus pretender got horror marked fighting Ys and I'm not sure how it happened.
>>
>>161069829
I wouldn't say they're good, but reasons they're better than longdead:

They use fire gems, which are generally not very useful.
They resist both slash and pierce, rather than just pierce, plus higher HP.
They can't be banished or killed with anti-undead spells.
They have fire resist, which means you can use them as a frontline for your fire magic spamming casters.
Nations which might pick up terracotta soldiers probably can't get longdead easily.
>>
File: the fuck is going on.png (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is going on.png
221KB, 500x500px
>>161070327
>Random event where experiment goes wrong and she sees cthulhu shit
>now she has battle fright too
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>161072227
Ys does have astral mages, they could have cast the horror mark spell. Did you equip your god with tainted equipment?

Perhaps they're on a province with a site that horror marks units.
>>
>>161073130
It was in a siege battle on their cap. One of them might have cast it, but mostly I just see them cast mistform and rush at me.
>>
>>161072768
And now she's Limp and Weakened too
Guess I will just keep throwing her into battle huntil she dies in friendly dominion
>>
>>161073694

Yeah, this is why you don't rely on them going away with pretender death.

Pretender death invariably results in more afflictions.
>>
>>161073694
Friendly Dominion won't really matter unless she's immortal, in which case she'll automatically respawn in your capital without any penalties to her magic paths, with a chance to remove afflictions.
>>
So hey what happened with the Dominions community clash? Haven't heard much about it in a while.
>>
File: hol.png (347KB, 468x400px) Image search: [Google]
hol.png
347KB, 468x400px
>Enemy Virtue attacks my province
>Alone vs 100+ soldiers
>Gets hit twice then runs away
>>
>>161073861

And Immortal removes afflictions on it's own anyway, so no point dying to sort it.
>>
Does anyone have the Geokokujo mod?
>>
>>161074312

Virtues rely on not getting hit, they don't have huge hp or anything. It probably autorouted. Usually the Awe5 and invuln25 keep them safe along with the long weapon, large size, and good repel. If it was in your dominion or your shit is magical or undead, the virtue-user dun fucked up.
>>
>>161075184

ask lambo it was his mod iirc
>>
File: Prophet.jpg (1MB, 5481x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Prophet.jpg
1MB, 5481x1425px
Finally the worst /domg/ game in history is over. Turn 15 BoT, Foul Air, Wrath of God and eventually Arcan Nexus owned by Ermor scared almost all players in the game. All of that was made in the name of summod. Really shamefurr dispray. I mean the powerlessness of the scrubs in game against Ermor and their quick tendency to go AI just because, made this game horrible to play, and just everyone wanted to see it's over.

I was lucky and just grab enough VP to finish this disgraceful game. Mainly Thrones were taken from AI, but Ermor was so clueless or just plainly indifferent so he hasn't protected his only VP3 Throne with fort, so I captured it and won. In a case of emergency this turn I also took 4 more VP from my ally C'tis, just in case, but Ermor didn't done anything to take the Throne back or to shake off my siege on the other his Throne. Even shilling for summod he didn't even TRIED to prolong this game, or give others challenge. He prefered to spam Armageddon pointlessly, which wasn't too harmful to my giants.

Graphs and other shit in case someone interested.
>>
File: 7184_8516.jpg (163KB, 520x361px) Image search: [Google]
7184_8516.jpg
163KB, 520x361px
>>161075691
>Ermor 1st/2nd in research for the entire game
>>
>>161075691

Well.. looking at the graphs you had far more land than ermor for most of the game, and the same or more gems despite ermor needing gems to do all it's national stuff it cares about and your blood economy not showing up on the graphs, of the other players only TC seemed to rival you or c'tis in income and c'tis was 'your ally' so I guess well done on winning via diplo? Because your description bears very little similarity to the graphs which shows you as a very clear threat the entire game and ermor sorta struggling for most of it (province count seesaw).
>>
>>161075691
Congrats, Vava.

Yeah, I wasn't interested in playing this to the end, as I have enough late-game micro in several other games. I sort of tried to do some late-game stuff when I grabbed UW, but it quickly started to become unbearable, and IRL stuff got in the way, so I stopped caring after that. I absolutely disagree with your assessment of summod changes though. Still, gotta compliment your tenacity and willpower.

To players who didn't play this to the end: the only thing I did in this game besides spamming cancerous globals was killing TC, and eating some UW provinces from AI Pelagia. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>161036681

What's this from?
>>
>>161075691
Also, this is FAR from the worst game in /domg/ history.
>>
File: god fucking damnit.gif (874KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
god fucking damnit.gif
874KB, 320x192px
>>161073694
>>161073856
>>161073861
>start new game with a Neteret of Many Names
>second battle vs independents she gets an affliction by being hit ONCE
>Mute
time to restart
Abysia's pretty fun though
>>
>>161076363
Why are you expanding with a Neteret of many names? Abysia is indeed fun, but its national troops kick ass. Use the Neteret to boost your research and provide magic diversity.
>>
>>161076363
>using Neteret in combat
You deserve this, you pathetic fool.
>>
File: defeat.jpg (52KB, 674x305px) Image search: [Google]
defeat.jpg
52KB, 674x305px
The scourge of this game were insane ammount of scrubs in it. I have fought only 3 of them but that is why I would like to laugh them off.
First was Mictlan with 4 major blesses in MA. Was trying to raid me with his 'powerful' sacreds, but died to skeletspam. Due to awful Scales he suffered from BoT the most. And yet he did nothing to oppose Ermor, even despite his god having S9, which was enough to kill almost any ammount of Dusk Elders Ermor could have throwned in him. He was shittalking all the way, pretending that he is a meme-master, making me suffer and preventing me from winning the game. Too bad for him, you have to be a little bit competent to perform such a task.

Then Pelagia. He had S9W9 for his aquatic sacreds and conquered all the UW, killing R'lyeh and Ys. Then he attacked me, pointlessly trying to raid the shore with an insane ammount of his shitty amphibious chaff, without magesupport of course, he is a scrub, haven't you forgot? I asked him several times to make a peace treaty after I have rekt him, but he always was refusing my friendship and the last time instead of an answer went AI. Having 3 caps. And with S9 being capable to rekt anything Ermor may have throwing at him. And it's the same player who was AllMAMemegames Ulm and who pathetically lost all his shit to Malakal, letting him win.
What a fucking scrub. But whatever, at least he has PERFORMED something.

What about Ermor? His only acheivement apart from casting 4 devastating globals was conquering TienChi, who was trying to oppose him with single MAster of 5 elements before going AI. He did fucking nothing apart from that. Won't even trying to protect his Thrones from me, or interrupting my throne-rush. Always bragging about summod he brough shame to it in my opinion.

Well, all the AI players probably were equally shitty. Only C'tis and Aspho remain active till the very end. I commend them for that, though I have a slight suspicion that it was one the same personm though.
>>
>>161076363
>Finally the worst /domg/ game in history is over. Turn 15 BoT, Foul Air, Wrath of God and eventually Arcan Nexus owned by Ermor scared almost all players in the game. All of that was made in the name of summod. Really shamefurr dispray. I mean the powerlessness of the scrubs in game against Ermor and their quick tendency to go AI just because, made this game horrible to play, and just everyone wanted to see it's over.
>using a titan as an expander
>>
>>161076558
wtf with that quote
>>
>>161068224
>You are making a mistake, you should help me remove vanheim instead, they're clearly the bigger threat.
I literally can't reach vanheim. Still, I'll wait for some battle reports before I make my decision. Plus, I REALLY don't want you getting blood stuff, so I'll have to attack you at some point anyway. Better now than when you have all vanheim's territory.
>>
>>161076291
>>161076251
Why, thank you. But instead of giving me the game off like that, and shilling unrelated to this game mod, you really better be more concerned about actual gameplay. I believe you are actually a player far from being bad, but acting like that making you seem the same as the scrubs around.
Was that you, CoolStory?
>>
>>161076662
>Plus, I REALLY don't want you getting blood stuff
And how am I supposed to get into blood?
Conjuration 8 is still a long ways away for me.
>>
>>161076010
Land is not really matter since it's all ridden with unrest and low population. My 'blood economy' was 30 girls per turn at best, since there were almost nowhere to hunt. On the graphs it's not TC, but Pelagia who is huge due to conquering UW. He had a huge potential. Too bad he is a bad player to actually make some profit out of it.
I did very little diplo in this game, and what I did almost immediately turned into shit thanks to the people going AI.
Shittiest game on /domg/ I have ever played.

Really, people, try to play 6 months in SP or something. It's not really funny.

Honestly, I am not even proud about winning, all I feel is the happiness about the fact that I don't have to proceed with this shitty game. That was flesh and blood the scrub game, and now I feel myself like a king of scrubs, because I was taking it seriously.
>>
>>161076767
I had some wins as Ermor, and all of them devolved into players just leaving the game. I sincerely tried to win at first, even cancerous globals were a part of my plan. You can see my research on the graphs, so you can probably understand what I was trying to do (Nexus + Wish Engine + tarts). It's just the fact that Ermor needs a lot of willpower to play late-game, and seeing that most players just left I had absolutely no incentive to play.

Not him. You have a pretty distinctive writing style, and I noticed that you name all your pretenders XXXX One or something like that. I was in 3 games with you at this point.

P.S. SUMMOD AKBAR was a meme. I decided to go with it when I saw someone on /domg/ claiming that he's gonna join all non-summod games and ruin them. That proved to be surprisingly effective, to be honest. I genuinely like summod though, but I'm not against vanilla games.
>>
>>161077202

>no income

Do you mean the map? Because BoT takes a long time to draw off enough population to matter, and the income graphs don't really show that much income loss til lategame, contrasted to the province graphs.

>Pelagia

So in terms of income, it was you and c'tis in the lead the whole game and pangaea following afterwards for some of it in terms of land nations, and c'tis was your ally? Yeesh.

>domg are all scrubs that go AI

Yep. Terrible advice gets mixed liberally with good advice in the thread, and then people desperate for the win go AI the first time they lose a battle or whatev.
>>
>>161077305
I see. I am glad that you wasn't sincerly aiming to blow this game only because it had no summod. But, just as I was saying previously, this game became inhospitable not thanks to your efforts, but thanks to all the participants being scrubs, and especially weak-willed scrubs.

Also I am really glad that you are not against vanila games by itself. Honestly I was under the impression that you are a mindless SUMMOD AKBAR drone, luckily it was just a meme. I can into memes sometimes too. Honestly.
Anyways, I hope we can all agree that something bad is finally over, and that is a good thing.

I see, my English is really bad and I guess I am really distinctive at that. And yeah, I am always naming my gods as XXX One to not to be bothered about the name a lot. Let's play some more in the future.
>>
>>161077305
I'm not sure I can take turn 15 BoT seriously as "really trying to play the game" since you had to have known it would have annoyed people for very little strategic benefit to you, aside from other players going AI.
>>
>>161077976
Honestly, we became really good with C'tis only after Ermor casting Nexus. Before that we just had trade ocassionally.

In this game Ermor was the center of gravity, and all nations were just spinning around it, making their efforts in consideration of it's existence. Ashdod was just the most active, probably because I wanted to finish it the most. So it wasn't me who was diplomonstering this game, but the game itself fall apart and I just took what was lying on the ground (lands, gems and Thrones).
>>
File: 123423534612.jpg (117KB, 624x996px) Image search: [Google]
123423534612.jpg
117KB, 624x996px
>>161078409
I used Neteret to quickly research skelespam and shadowblast. I planned to just win all early-game wars with that, and it paid off. I was attacked by Asphodel (who I thought will be my ally) and TC, and I killed both of their armies, and even managed to get all TC's provinces after he went AI. Contrary to what some anon said a little earlier, I found that using Neteret in battle is pretty cool for support spells/shadowblast. The pic is my battle with Asphodel, for example. People don't expect Ermor to skelespam much because of their free chaff, but it can prove useful both strategically (more potential skellies) and tactically (no hp rout/free blockers for shadowblasters).

TL;DR: I decided to play a non-standard Ermor build, and it was pretty viable in early-midgame.
>>
Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
>Caelum Waiting for 2h file
>C'tis Waiting for 2h file
Gath 2h file received
Jomon 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Ragha 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Utgard 2h file received

RÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ
>>
>>161078850
I should've named it StalingIsHot
>>
>>161076519
I actually made that post, I was expecting ermor to fight it till the end but eh I was very unaware how terrible the game was for everyone (was just a thread spectator). Congrats on the ashdod win I hope my own ashdod pulls out a win as well
>>
>>161078850
That is impossible. I sent my turn almost a day ago.
>>
>>161078172
>jews can't take a joke

Color me surprised.
>>
>>161062260
>alter the settings
Bump up site frequency. LA is shit in that regard.
>>
>>161078409
>it would have annoyed people for very little strategic benefit to you, aside from other players going AI.

How does this not count as "trying to win" exactly ?

If you have the in-game means to cripple an enemy's resources to the point where instead of fighting back he'd just prefer to leave, then by all means it's a viable strategy and he should do it.

Next you'll complain about elfing/raiding or usage of bane-venom charm as not being "legitimate", fuckken pansies.
>>
>>161076443
>>161076463
>>161076558
How the fuck am I supposed to know I have 10 hours or so ingame
Anyway now I know Titans are shit for expansion even though I don't know why
>>
>>161082087

Bane venoms aren't legitimate. The sheer cost to appreciably damage someone's economy is enough gems to have won the war.

That said I keep subbing into positions where people have like 800 unspent gems, so w/e I guess.
>>
>>161082250

They're shit for expansion because independent troops stab them to death and you can't do anything about that without gear, buffs, or dom10, none of which you have.

Using high-path titans in battle is perfectly legitimate. As usual, don't take anything this thread says on faith because some people just randomly spout bad advice. It's a bad plan usually to take a high-path god purely to cast spells in battle because often that's a waste of design points but if you have one for some other reason (bless, rainbow paths for booster items/summoning mages) and you have the opportunity to use it in a fight there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>161082087
No I mean, I agree with you in general terms but

>cripple an enemy's resources to the point where instead of fighting back he'd just prefer to leave

People leave due to BoT type effects LONG before they have a strategically significant effect on them. Anyone who's played a /domg/ game before knows that. And frankly, a win by pissing off a bunch of scrubs is a win. I'm not even opposed to that with two MA Ermor wins myself. But it's a bit of a separate category from innovative strategies like mage support and unit armies and fighting your enemies on the battlefield.
>>
>>161082359
>the sheer cost
It's a very cheap item and it can cost your opponent significantly more than it costs you. It's not exactly a high risk strategy to make a couple.
>>
>>161082250
What you want from an Expander Pretender:
*Some ways to not get beaten the heck up
*Some way to lick the enemy

Many of the Titans don't have these qualities. Instead they often have different kind of special qualities and multiple starting paths. Also, the human Pretenders are by default too weak to use as an Expander.

That leaves you with the various Monster Form and Big Guy pretenders, many of whom excel in pure combat ability. Shitton of HP, Earth magic path, high protection, Ethereal, Recuperation and Awe help with defence. If you take dominion 9 or 10 (candles) you get more awe.

Things like trampling, Fear and AoE attacks and multiple attacks are good ways to lick the enemy. Taking more death magic gives you more fear.

Pretender with lots of HP will get very noticeable amount of extra HP when it fights in friendly dominion. You Pretender getting fatally crippled depends on the amount of damage taken compared to it's makshimum HP so the extra HP counts.
>>
>>161082359
Bane venom charms are legitimate, but not for damaging economy.
I see them as either for false flagging or for diseasing armies and magi
>>
>>161082250

In general, if you want an expansion pretender, you want one of the monsters.

Titans are good for mid/late game shenanigans, once you can make up gear for them. You'll note they have a lot more item slots than, say, an Earth Snake does.

This means that they can add a lot more tricks (and flexibility) than a monster, even if they've a lower baseline combat effectiveness.
>>
>>161082704
Indeed. Never underestimate crushing people's morale.
>>
>>161082726

>make a couple

This is exactly why it's pointless. Killing a tiny amount of population with 'a couple' of bane venom charms is an annoyance, not something that harms your opponent's ability to make war. If you flooded them with bane venom charms, and had enough time for that to work, you could cripple them and force them to attack you when they already embroiled with someone else or something. 'A few' is hoping that someone is so precious over a few hundred pop that they go AI.

In the meantime you're out 5 shadowblasts or 5 skeleton horde casts that could kill actual combat units and win you a fight which could win you a war. Worse, you're harming the lands you're hoping to take. It's the strategy of someone expecting to lose, and it's not even a good version of that.
>>
>>161083117
What, why would you use it for popkill? The idea is to sit it on his mage corps.
>>
File: 1466050960513.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1466050960513.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>161083117
>not using them to diease mages or harassing an army that's chasing you
>>
>>161083215

.. so this person just has mages sitting there with no troops that can be used to patrol with, and/or you're relying on the miniscule chance that it'll disease someone important in that tiny space of time?
>>
>>161083364
Patrolling isn't fool-proof, plenty of time detection can slip past it.

Personally I keep them hidden in provinces where I know the enemy's gonna bring his stack of mages along. Then I move them along with them, ,so I get several hits on his army. It's really not that hard to figure out where a huge stack is gonna move assuming you are at war with someone. It's lone units, or people whom you're not at war with that are more unpredictable.

Also sieges I guess.
>>
>>161083281

>being chased through your lands

And people are like 'why do you think it's a bad plan', well, why the fuck do you think. These plans all rely on losing - losing ground, losing wars, losing fights, losing gems.

Try winning, instead. You might find it works better.
>>
>>161083364
not everyone has every fort set to patrol or high enough PD to route it out naturally. If someone gets lazy on their labrats or their capital you bet my ass I'm gonna take advantage of it. Stop thinking of it as "It's a useless item because I can't build it every game with mandatory results" and instead think "my enemy is getting lazy on his defenses lets give him a little wake up cost at a meagre 10 D gems"

in short IT DEPENDS
>>
>>161083658
See I hate this mentality, the idea that "if your not attacking your losing" I agree that you have to war eventually and you should go in winning fights but sometimes you lose ground, sometimes the battle flow goes back as they reach their key research spells andyou stll have to research the counters. It's the same people who AI after losing one big battle because they think "oh I can't possible come back from this" when they easily can
>>
>>161083658
>losing ground
It's not losing ground, it's cordially inviting the enemy to your killbox.
That kind of inflexible strategy of not losing an inch of your clay without a fight lost Hitler WW2.
>>
>>161083658
>never have back-up plans, never retreat

Yeah I'm sure you'd make a fine commander. What's that? Invest money into fire alarm and extinguishers? Just don't burn your house you scrub.
>>
>>161083708

>meagre 10 D gems!

>the price of 20+++ longdead horsemen
>the price of up to 60+ squares of 20+ AN damage and paralysis

Protip: As long as you rely on 'making scrubs quit' tactics like BoT and whatever charms, you're going to be shit at the game. No competent player is going to have a bane venom charm in their lands for long, and advancing into enemy territory they'll accept a few diseased mages as the price of doing business (and more than paid for by the gold and gems they are gaining from your lands).
>>
>>161083950
pro tip: if you can't afford both you didn't site search well enough, it's not like you're forging a charm every singleturn
>>
>>161083897

Sure, invite the enemy into your killbox. Use your D gems to kill him, when he's in your killbox. Being in your killbox might mean you get first turn or that his retreating forces all die, in the meantime you don't have his gold, his lands, or his gems - he has yours.

Oh, and you spent your gems on bane venom charms instead of stuff that kills people so you invited him into your 'lightly diseased box' and he killed you instead. slowclap.png
>>
>>161084101

You don't understand basic math. If you have, say, 20 D gems/turn, you can use those in battle, or, you can make them into longdead horse, or, you can forge 2 bane venom charms, or some combination of the above. There is no situation there where you can forge a bane venom charm and NOT take gems away from more longdead horse or more battlecasts of useful D spells. Your combat forces ARE weaker for every bane venom charm you create.
>>
>>161084205
oh no one turn I'm inconvined by making a bane venom, surely this will ruin my battle plans because I didn't summon an extra 10-20 horsies

again you sound like a guy who treats everything on a shoe-string budget and the second he losses one big battle he's gonna quit because you feel incredably behind on everything.
>>
>>161084205
Or maybe, you know, you don't have D3 but have D2.

Or maybe you don't have Enchant 5 researched at that moment.

Or maybe more "undead" is exactly what you don't need since the enemy is going through them like a hot knife through butter with millions of banishments or aoe fire spells

Stop being so close-minded and realize that it depends
>>
File: 20161125130131_1.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161125130131_1.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>misfortune isn't so bad they said!
i have the best rng this game
>>
>>161084586

If you don't have enough D2 to shadowblast, no evo OR ench research, no need for additional flanking forces of longdead horse, no need for undead elephant tramplers, no need for extra skeletons as part of skelespam, and a few diseases per turn of being able to keep your stealthy guys guessing where the enemy army is going to go is going to save you, sure, build bane venom charms.

That's not a thing that happens though. Instead, people build them and then feel better about losing because they 'did damage', that they pretend was crippling but in reality it was hugely superficial. And then the thread praises them for days. Get over bane venom charms. They don't win battles. I've never seen them win battles. I've repeatedly seen someone walking some bane venom charms at me/at my armies and it's done fucking nothing. In the meantime these nations have recruitable D mages and evo 5 is not that hard to get. Shadowblast is a great spell. Longdead horse are great units, mindless light lances on legs for cheap. Behemoths take buffs better than armoured elephants and will never trample your own lines. More skelespam can be the tipping point between rigor working, or the enemy fleeing, or instead your mages getting cut down. Stop telling people to build bane venom charms.

>>161084581

You are one of the people I sub in for who have hundreds of gems unspent, aren't you.
>>
>>161085402
I always spend my gems, I'm just not a mesier and don't think it's such a huge setback that I spent 1 turn and 10 D gems tomake a single bane venom, and you keep trying to put words into my mouth thinking that I'm adovcating constantly forging them when I simply make the point having one situational charm isn't a bad thing. Aagain having one less trampler or 10 less longdead horses isn't going ot lsoe me battles.
>>
>>161085801

I can think of a lot of battles from my last set of turns where 20 longdead horse or a single buffed behemoth could have turned it. 5 d2 guys spamming Shadowblast twice each instead of skeleton horde could also have won those battles. And no, bud. People say 'bane venom charms', in the thread. They talk about 'losing one' like it's not a big deal. Multiple are being advocated. That's an obscene quantity of D gems on a tactic that 'sometimes diseases a few mages if you totally predict what your enemy is going to do'.
>>
>>161085993
it doesn't matter what they adovicate, the one you are talking to me, I am saying "one or 2 occusionaly" and quit trying to tact on their arguments to mine in an attempt to diminish them, Also if your battles weres so razor tight that you needed a few more units to win then you are a trending a dangerous line of RNG factor.
>>
>>161085993
Predicting where your enemy will put his forces to a reasonable degree of accuracy is actually the most important skill in strategy games...
>>
>>161085993
Not that I'm all that pro-BVC but I think you're underselling the amount of diseases they put out. I recently dealt with a couple and I lost a lot of good indie mages I could only recruit from that province and had to empower another mage in blood because he wasn't worth losing. It didn't turn the tide or anything but it seemed about equal to what 20 gems. If I could've summoned those mages for 20 death gems it would've been a steal.
>>
>>161067802

Does Jotunheim get Longdead/Soulless Giants for their Death-related spells like Horde of Skeletons, Raise Dead or maybe even Life After Death? If not, how do you get giant undead?
>>
>>161086127

Yes, which is why when you are that opponent you try not to be predictable in that manner or put all your eggs in that one province basket. I expect Wind of Death, Wrathful Skies, hell i've even seen pretenders designed to drop rain of stones. I expect some horrible rigor tarpit defensive movement trap. Scrubs might put all their shit in one giant stack and slow-walk it towards the enemy capital, and scrubs might go AI when you disease 1 in 5 mages in their giant doomball, but planning your game around 'what scrubs do' isn't a good gameplan because it means you beat a scrub and then got utterly fucking wrecked by Malakal on his way through.

Predict your enemy to wreck his shit and then take his lands. Not to maybe-disease some of his mages (or maybe-disease whatever part of his mages are in the advance party).

>>161086075

And you're responding to me, and i'm responding to all the bane venom charm advocaters. It's great you have some speshul version of what they are advocating where you 'only' waste 10-20 D gems instead of 50 on venom charms, but you're still wasting them - they still don't do what it's claimed that they do (disease armies/research stacks, win wars), they're still nearly useless offensively and aggressively worse than spending gems in fights defensively. And yes, I am fighting some tight battles, because in some my opponents are telegraphing their moves enough that I can send the minimum I need to win, and in others i'm fighting good players who are not predictable and the best I can deploy against them is barely losing or barely winning. 'Hur you should just win easily and then use bane venom charms for funsies' is NOT an argument that they are worth the gems.
>>
>>161086631
They get soulless giants, but not longdead giants. Ashdod/Gath get Longdead Raephites.
>>
>>161086294

Then either the RNG fucked you (entirely possible) or there were more than two bane venom charms. I've caught 3 (And I think there were more) with patrolling one time and I had perhaps 1 in 10 mages diseased from their effects.

Also, if you have indie mages with good paths, spread them around. Teleporting/sneaking attackers are a thing, as is Leprosy and Fires From the Sky/Flames From the Sky/Murdering Winter, and assassins.
>>
>>161086743

Is it worth it to build a strategy around longdead giants or are the living giants good enough? Sometimes they feel as if they aren't, especially in fact MA Jotunheim.
>>
>>161086918
>>161086918

Longdead giants are just as trashy as other longdead, just with more hp. Skelespam is also mostly the human-sized skeletons, the giant versions aren't every single soulless/skeleton.

Living giants tend to suck. They pay a lot, there's fewer of them per square, and a lot of their stats (str, hp) aren't as good as the game thinks they are so you pay more for something that gets cut to pieces by things that cost less.

MA Jotunheim does not suck because they get infiniskeleton communions, super cheap goblin mages out of every forest, blood from those same goblin mages, skratti (excellent SC or thug chassis), and an excellent selection of paths. Their giants are not the worst, either, although they certainly aren't good.
>>
Forcehost already.

REEEEEEEE
>>
>>161086918
Well, if you have death, use it. Dead giants are better than dead humans, which gives your death mages an edge over humans. I highly recommend using D2 mages or communions.
>>
>>161087115

Right. I am home now. We have no Gath turn. Therefore Gath is getting set AI.

Calm your tits.
>>
Is Elysium 4 any good?
>>
>>161086735
You don't use this shit when war is ongoing. You use it to harass future target if you are confident enough that you will finish your current victim without additional gem investment.
Even in that case it is highly situational. It is pointless to disease sequanis for example, there are just too many of them.
>>
>>161089291

It's also useful gear for your 2000 ghosts in a fort, when there are enemy siege stacks on it.
>>
>>161088667
Try it for an hour and refund if you don't like it.
>>
>>161088667
no, but >>161090625
>>
>>161088667
I truly wish that it was, the concept is great but it's just too boring
>>
File: 1452719326_The_Old_Kingdom.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1452719326_The_Old_Kingdom.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
Anyone have any suggestions for a good 9 player map? Old Kingdom and Snerdryn are on my shortlist but I'm sure that there's much better options out there.
>>
>>161092179
Old Kingdom has probably too much water. Snerdryn is great. The only complaint I'd have with it is that it's a bit overused.
>>
File: Decisive battle.png (2MB, 521x3044px) Image search: [Google]
Decisive battle.png
2MB, 521x3044px
Who would have liked to script that?
>>
>>161093601
fookin 'ell
>>
File: a bomb.png (64KB, 320x276px) Image search: [Google]
a bomb.png
64KB, 320x276px
>>161093601
>>
>>161092392
We have a couple amphibious nations, don't we? I think water is fine.
>>
File: 1448558788385.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448558788385.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>161093601
I'd rather lose the battle than script all that desu
>>
Just bought the game after trying it out for some hours, are there any noob games that I can join? I have less than 20 hours though. Also never played multiplayer so I don't know how it works
>>
>>161093893
Some water is fine, sure, but it's more than an entire extra nation's worth of water.

I guess the amphibs can move UW to hide from Tisor.
>>
>>161093985
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/154641814595242400/
>>
>>161093985
Play 6 months in SP first.
>>
>>161092179
Hey, I'm writing nation/unit descriptions, how long do I have?
>>
>>161093985
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/154641814595242400/
>>
>>161093985

You're as well just hopping in any game that doesn't require you be experienced. The only person who wins in newb specific games is Malakal.
>>
>>161094102
>>161094171
Thanks

>>161094130
I like to live the dangerous life
>>
>>161092179
Of the two I would prefer The Old Kingdom but I'll try to find some other suggestions. I'm kinda tired of both those maps.
>>
>>161094015
>>161093893
>>161092392
>>161094589
Snerdyn is a bit overplayed. It's not as worn out as Biddyn, and there's a good reason people keep picking it, but something fresher would be nice. I am a bit concerned about Old Kingdom's high number of UW provinces though so hopefully something else pops up.

>>161094146
A short three hours from now.

If anyone else wants a description, copy it to a pastebin and post the link. We will have a new version of our mod either way so don't be shy.
>>
>>161095378
Cool, still working on unit descriptions and names so it'll take a little bit.
>>
File: GrigioniaAqua.png (3MB, 2360x3064px) Image search: [Google]
GrigioniaAqua.png
3MB, 2360x3064px
>>161095378
This one looks pretty cool. Maybe a bit cluster-y but so is every map to some degree.

No idea how well it plays or anything.

http://www.moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/addons/grigionia-aqua-10819
>>
>>161094345
Malakal doesn't join noob games. If you have evidence otherwise, please post it.
>>
>>161095378
>>161096080
Actually, I've been writing names and descriptions together with a reference to which line they're on, but should just do them in with the nation code, so that you can copy-paste the whole nation in to replace the computer generated one? The only theoretical problem here would be that I could sneak in a cheaty mechanical change, but I won't, and you could verify that by running a dif check anyway.

>>161096495
>hex map
Please no.
>>
Allright boys. How do I remove this Bogus menace from my lands?

Neither just throwing troops at his posse or sending thugged out guys doesn't seem to work. And I'm not going to reroute an entire army just to get rid of five guys.
>>
>>161096632
>Please no.
Is there a problem with them in general or is that just your preference?
>>
>>161097114
They're aesthetically not pleasing.
>>
>>161096632
I have no preference. Either way, I will be running a comparison to the original DM to ensure that I don't accidentally break anything too important. Everyone else should probably do the same just to double check my work.

>>161096495
I have the sneaking suspicion that this map's too small for ten players but I'll test it.
>>
>>161097220
We're still at 9, right? Unless the ninth isn't you. Yeah, 10 would be right around the upper limit for this map, thought it was advertised as 6-10 players. I can keep looking.

>>161097184
Is it just the province border shape to you? I'm actually very attracted to hexagons so I'm not sure I can understand.
>>
>>161097220
I'll do it the way that should be quicker for both of us, then.

>>161097342
The whole look of the map looks too artificial. I suppose it's more of a problem of tiles than of hexagons specifically.
>>
File: marymagdalene.jpg (396KB, 1466x1109px) Image search: [Google]
marymagdalene.jpg
396KB, 1466x1109px
It looks pretty shit for playability but I love caves and cave systems more than hexagons and I hadn't ever seen this one before. Maybe someone is interested.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2485
>>
>>161097636
It's honestly a good map if it's finished, but it has a lot of broken connections.

There's a version called fixed or something along those lines, but it's still missing a bunch. Make sure to give it a go-over in the map editor and fix up those things if you use it.
>>
What are things I should try to prevent or play around as EA Abysia?
>>
>>161097891
Having only fire magic and Map Movement 1 units.
>>
>>161097891
You should rush a neighbor or two and then cry in the bathroom when you run out of steam.

You have rec-anywhere H3 so you can maybe steal a win, but you have the worst research in the game outside of popkill nations (and even then, worse than some), you have no mobility, you rely on the worst path, and your troops are expensive and counterable by any nation (literally any of them) once they get magic of their own
>>
Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Asphodel 2h file received
Bandar Log 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
>Jotunheim Waiting for 2h file
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
>Mictlan Waiting for 2h file
Nazca 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received

This shit again? Remove Malakal from the premises
>>
>>161093601
Jesus.
>>
File: hol up.png (436KB, 538x420px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.png
436KB, 538x420px
>>161098162
>you have the worst research in the game outside of popkill nations (and even then, worse than some), you have no mobility, you rely on the worst path, and your troops are expensive and counterable by any nation (literally any of them) once they get magic of their own
tldr they're shit then
>>
>>161098443

I thought we were postponed for the turkey genocide holidays.
>>
File: Ragnarok Comes.jpg (2MB, 3036x2488px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok Comes.jpg
2MB, 3036x2488px
Too big for 10 people but it's an interesting map.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3082
>>
>>161098818
it was yesterday and Malakal is a polish plumber
>>
>>161099013
fuck that's a yummy map
>>
>>161098818
One guy is gone til tuesday but he did his turn before leaving.
>>
>>161098753

They're definitely not good.

There are also definitely worse nations.
>>
>>161099154

I am now? Thats new. What I meant was I didnt bother with the turn because I assumed it wont process anyway.

>>161099349

Oh
>>
>>161099421
Yes, so technically the next turn should have been delayed rather than this one.
>>
Okay then T'ien I won't fight you anymore.
>>
>>161097636
>>161097874
Fixed version had some broken connections in top left area and around that two province lake in middle left. And then probably some.
>>
>>161098162
>rec-anywhere H3
Wot? Dragons are H2, and annointed are caponly
>>
>>161097874
>>161099498
Yeah I can see those. I can fix up the connections easily enough but I'm more worried about the entire center of the map being solid mountains, wastes, and forest. Plus there's not river crossings (cold scales btfo).

At least I could change some of the mountains to border mountains to make some passes. Say, 109, 68, 65, and 46?
>>
>>161099842
Oh, I was mixing them up w MA's rec anywhere mages
>>
Well, I just did my homework and I quickly learned a few things. The biggest one was that most of suggested maps aren't going to work. We probably need a minimum of 160 land provinces to avoid having nations with adjacent cap rings. Thus, good ol' firetop2 is back at the top of the list. I'm sorry that it took so long to figure that out but I'm real glad that I did.

>>161099013
That looks like a lot of underground territory. Wouldn't that gimp most of the races without dark vision pretty heavily?
>>
>>161098162
Abysia by no means has the worst research in the game outside of popkill nations - Niefelheim and Atlantis both have it worse, especially considering the latter never even gets lanterns.

In summod EA Aby is actually solid, due to more crosspaths for skulls of fire, slightly less enc on sacreds, cheaper mages all around, and magma children fire gem dump. They're not amazing, but they're certainly vastly more playable.

Just remember that you *have* to go blood to break into anything ever, and on larger maps where rushing a fucker or two doesn't mean you win you *have* to have a magic diversity god, ideally to at least get you into vampires. Don't worry too much about being rushed ever, because even unblessed Burning Ones pack a mean punch.
>>
>>161099013
This makes me think HOMM3 for whatever reason.
I guess just because HOMM3 had underground layers.

Pretty nice to look at. No idea how good it is for dominions.
>>
>>161101209
160? The rule of thumb I'm used to is usually 12-15 provinces per player. Maybe the layouts haven't worked out so well but sounds like you're gearing for a larger than average game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Also Chrome won't let me download that file. Says it's malicious and I don't see a "download it anyway" button hiding anywhere.
>>
>>161101761
Just use a different browser.
>>
>>161101761
>The layouts
You just reminded that there's a ton of coastal starts. That's probably what's messing with how these capitals are being placed and why everything seems so clustered. I'll just remove those, try out a test game, and see if there's any major improvements.
>>
>>161101331

Burning Ones wreck face. They hit 21 prot, Berserk. There's not a lot that'll reliably punch through that in EA.

Tails off later on, obviously, but they're very nice early/midgame.
>>
>>161102138
Don't they also have negative defence?
>>
>>161102057
>no coastal starts
Aw, but I like having 15 provinces within one turn's range of my expansion parties.
>>
File: Lab rats.png (58KB, 914x340px) Image search: [Google]
Lab rats.png
58KB, 914x340px
>>161101331
15, ~16.5, 19.4 gold/rp

The upkeep is easier on Abysia, but they also require 400g more infrastructure to set up and get less RP/recruitment turn.

Lantern access is a good point, though. They give Abysia a massive research spike just because they'll have both the gems and the mages to turn them all into lamps.
>>
>>161102168

No, they do keep a defence.

Just the one.
>>
>>161102305
Do they? It's 2 base defense and -3 from Berserk according to inspector
>>
>>161102138
Pretty sure it's 19 or 20 berserk on account of natural/artificial armor stacking thing, but I could be wrong
>>
>>161102057
I definitely want my coastal start.

Anyway here's my unit descriptions and etc.
http://pastebin.com/xMNkZMYf
>>
>>161102057
>>161102219
I'm fine having more provinces.

We should also have higher site rate, by the way. Default for LA is low as fuck.
>>
>>161102757
Reminder that higher site frequency also increases blood income and that there will be a lot more huntable provinces in LA
>>
It seems like I've underestimated how complex map selection can be. Would you guys be alright with starting tomorrow? An extra 24 hours gives me plenty of time to finish the descriptions, do some extra map testing, and hopefully make sure everything works. If not, I can probably knock something decent out with another hour or two of work.

>>161102219
>>161102558
Removing coastal starts wasn't that effective anyway so I'll put it back.
>>
>>161103937
I'd be fine with that.
>>
>>161103937
I'm really impatient to start, but having a good map is important.

How about Valanis? I know people have played on this before. Nowrap is unfortunate.
>>
>>161104873
Valanis is absolutely awful from a balance perspective, but quite pretty
>>
File: Valanis.png (1MB, 2164x2164px) Image search: [Google]
Valanis.png
1MB, 2164x2164px
>>161104873
>>
>>161105908

You sound like a completely trustworthy person with no ulterior motives.
>>
File: RAtwf3U - Copy.jpg (48KB, 781x79px) Image search: [Google]
RAtwf3U - Copy.jpg
48KB, 781x79px
let me know what artifacts you goys in vanillacat are forging so that i dont accidentally steal them from you
>>
>>161105039
>>161104985
>>161104873
Valanis is pretty but I wouldn't want to start down in those caves.

Keep the suggestions coming; I'm sure we'll find one solid choice eventually.
>>
>>161104873
I played a disciples game as Ragha running a bless strategy, the map stuck me in a corner with 2 provs of cap ring, one of which was a throne site. I would not recommend this map.
>>
File: RIP 'Deathball'.png (32KB, 488x238px) Image search: [Google]
RIP 'Deathball'.png
32KB, 488x238px
No retreats for poor Atlantis =(
>>
File: Maerland.jpg (108KB, 573x560px) Image search: [Google]
Maerland.jpg
108KB, 573x560px
How about Maerland? Looks like a good distribution aside from that unsightly gap southeast of the center of the screenshot. Not a huge fan of this artist's style but it works.
>>
Huh, I forgot that Natgen could put special bonuses on capsites. Sesgorice and Omens can enter for combat training, Caevie can summon ghosts, Nadasunsa can summon void monsters, Tisor gets 50 resources, and Aoisapoka reduces unrest by 15. Neat.
>>
>>161108202
>Nadasunsa can summon void monsters
Is that the void gate or something else? If it's the void gate, then I'm 99% sure that it's almost useless since their dudes will get attacked in almost every instance, as all non-R'lyeh nations do when they try to use it.
>>
>>161107918
You mind running a test with ten on that? If you use debug and a throwaway S pretender, you should be able to get Eyes of Debug online by turn 2.
>>
>>161108271
As far as I can tell it does literally nothing.
>>
File: Maerland.png (659KB, 573x560px) Image search: [Google]
Maerland.png
659KB, 573x560px
>>161108436
Way ahead of ya. It's just tiny because the computer I have to use to play Dominions has very low resolution, plus I cropped out all the interface which covers up half the screen.
>>
>>161093601

Doesn't look hard to script. Lots of dribs and drabs of unitypes but not a lot of different types of mages on both sides.
>>
>>161108684
That's actually pretty decent looking so we may have our winner.
>>
>>161108836
At least until you enter the maddening world of having different scripts for mages of the same type.

Also communionshit in general being an exponentially large pain in the ass the more mages you add into it. At a guess I would say that Oceania's Crystal Sorceresses were victims of a communion that went on for longer than prescribed, or went off script.
>>
>>161068094
wtf does that pic even mean to convey
>>
>>161102883
>implying I'm gonna let blood nations get their economies that big anyway
>>
>>161109185
>implying you can stop them when there's two noobs between you
>>
>>161108979

Still not a patch on mystics. Every mystic has different paths, the headaches trying to design a communion for each army that makes maximal use of all possible paths/useful spells without killing the slaves from off-path spells cast is a rubik's cube of horror.

Plus like, a lot of those mages are lowpath elemental mages. I'm not sure why they were even there in the fight. Oceania's crystal sorceresses probably powered some massive Undead Mastery casts from the look of things - an offpath massive fatigue spell that certainly killed them.
>>
>>161108973
Sick. I'd also like to put in a vote for 40/45 site frequency and Story Events: On.
>>
>>161109425
>story events
Enjoy your bubonic plague.
>>
>>161109317
>Plus like, a lot of those mages are lowpath elemental mages
60 mages spamming cleansing water seems good
>>
File: 130547498557.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
130547498557.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>161109425
>Story Events: On.
>>
>>161109639
I will, thank you.
>>
>>161109639
boobonic plague keklamayo
>>
File: 1025_1.png (6KB, 81x78px) Image search: [Google]
1025_1.png
6KB, 81x78px
is there some way i can report illwinter to the swedish thought police about this?
>>
How effective of a spell is Howl compared to Creeping Doom if I'm facing 300 giants and if I am expecting a long battle? I can see the troop stats in the Manual but i don't see any info on how many wolves a turn it generates? My instincts says the wolves would be better so if the battle is long enough. But throwing 70 units of meat on my front line when i'll have mage superiority is also appealing.

Also I'm wondering how effective Wailing Winds would be. A third of his troops are Vine Orgres which are on the front line with the national troop giants behind. And those troops are all 12-17 morale.
>>
>>161107473
Also, if you're wondering what happened to the fort walls -

I realized that I could kill your army in a straight up fight and wanted it to stay, so I snuck my wolves out to let the walls fall. I assumed that you would leave everyone there to storm once you saw that you had breached, which would let me deny your retreats and kill everything there at once.
>>
Any LA games recruiting?
>>
>>161111608
What kind of giants are they and what kind of battle is it?
>>
I only play singleplayer
>>
File: 1407802421967.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1407802421967.png
19KB, 512x323px
>>161112089
I haven't played a multiplayer game in over 6 months
>>
>>161114224
I want to take a break from Dominions too, honestly.
>>
>>161107473
>>161111780
How the hell are you beating Atlantis in a fight?
>>
>>161114416
Innovation =)
>>
>>161114416
Mage Support
>>
>>161111608
Creeping Doom is probably more effective if you want chaff. Howl will generate more units over the course of the battle, but a lot of those units tend to get into battle and die instantly because they're on their own and get ganged up on.

Howl has the advantage of generating wolves behind the enemy army, which can kill enemy mages if he's scripted poorly.
>>
nooo why didnt you cast returning like i told you
>>
If I cast a ritual that summons creatures and then am attacked that same turn, will the summoned creatures assist in the defense under one of the commanders (assuming they have the leadership types necessary), or will they just hide in the province?
>>
>>161116419
Assist pls ;-;
>>
>>161117786
Generally they will assist in defense. Unless forted. Or a spell that summons them to stealth mode.
>>
>>161116419
They join the province's garrison. If there's a fort, they'll be inside of it and join the battle where the fort is stormed but not the patrolling forces. If there isn't a fort or when there is a storm, they'll be in the middle of the battlefield, similar to where PD appears.

>>161117991
>Or a spell that summons them to stealth mode.
This applies only to spells that summon stealthy commanders. Stealthy troops aren't natively stealthed for the purposes of combat.
>>
>>161117991
>>161118076
Thank you! How about if I summon a commander with magic paths? What will its ai default to doing in combat?
>>
>>161118190
same thing any unscripted mage would do. Cast spells if you got em, fight if you don't
>>
>>161099013

We used this map for Domg's Bizzare Adventure. I thought it was an ok map, but it was far too cramped with its cap distribution. I remember that all the players were on the top layer, except Rlyeh who was UW, Abyssia and Fomoria for the under layer. Top has more provinces but that still felt a little too many players for the top layer.

Then again there are many up and down paths, so I guess most players just didn't think about that the layers doesn't matter that much, and should build their empires horizontally.
>>
>>161099013
>>161118407
Honestly, you can use that map and just make many of the cave provinces in the middle layer regular provinces and just justify them as well-lit enough that a standard population and populace could live there.
>>
>>161110703

I know this is probably a meme, but in the case it isn't: it's not illegal. And nobody here would care, except for the leftist feelgood media.
>>
Fucking American holiday has all my games on hold over the weekend

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>161118803
>American holiday
Is is Wallmart Trampling Day already?
>>
>>161120139
No, that just happened. Only 14 casualties reported so far. I'd never thought that the best thing about internet shopping would be that it literally saves lives, but looks like that's what happened.
>>
>>161121781
I'm still honestly amazed it's apparently as bad as they say it is. My one and only experience of working retail on Black Friday was not at all that bad.

Dat +$1/hr, 2.5x hourly rate though.
>>
File: WhenBandarLogHitsEvo5.jpg (126KB, 1024x860px) Image search: [Google]
WhenBandarLogHitsEvo5.jpg
126KB, 1024x860px
>>
Is it possible for a unit with recuperation to recover from feebleminding?
>>
>>161126925
yes
>>
File: 20161125232944_1.jpg (128KB, 1366x745px) Image search: [Google]
20161125232944_1.jpg
128KB, 1366x745px
what did you do agartha, WHAT DID YOU DO?
>>
File: 20161125233639_1.jpg (139KB, 1366x745px) Image search: [Google]
20161125233639_1.jpg
139KB, 1366x745px
>>161127191
also congrats to me?
>>
>>161101331
EA Atlantis can get into lanterns pretty easily.
>>
>>161127695
He meant former when he said latter; I knew what he was saying tho so I didn't feel the need to correct him.
>>
>>161107473
>>161111780
>>161114416
Most of those guys were also diseased. If they werent I would be pretty mad.
>>
>>161102138
Remember when /domg/ was convinced burning ones were bad because they had low defense?
>>
>>161127879
No one thought they were bad, people just thought that W9 was a bad bless for them and that they were LESS scary than some other top tier sacreds.
>>
File: 20161125234515_1.jpg (107KB, 1366x745px) Image search: [Google]
20161125234515_1.jpg
107KB, 1366x745px
>>161114416
Lemuria had superior mage numbers, shadow blast, nether darts, storm of thrones, clouds of death, and Wailing winds/Winds of Death/Rigor Mortis combo going

Atlantis had some wither bones/dust2dust

poor atlantis
>>
File: Much Disease.jpg (345KB, 669x603px) Image search: [Google]
Much Disease.jpg
345KB, 669x603px
>>161127823
The front row here was mostly diseased (not all, but most). The rest were healthy. They did not need to die. =(

>>161127985
The Winds of Death was off-script, actually. The 4 shaman deaths were on account of that =(

But yes, I had a research park right next door. I left some to finish the research that I wanted for that fight, but was still able to bring many Shamans. =)
>>
>>161128210
At least I dont have to pay upkeep for all those diseased guys anymore. Losing those wine bags is a bit of a blow but I can make more now.
>>
>>161128340
That is a healthy, upbeat attitude! =)
>>
>>161127930
People literally thought they were bad. This was as recently as this past february, but has been going on for years. You can see there are people unambigiously arguing that burning ones are bad, full stop, not just that W9 was bad. Somebody does argue that E is a better bless, but there are people who are arguing that Burning Ones aren't good at all.
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/132983706/#133115946
>>
>>161128401
Healthier than my men at least.

Also I would like to point out for the record that not a single one of my provinces has any N indy mages.
>>
>>161128548
I am very curious about one thing. Earlier you had said that you were going to show or share something about LA Atlantis. Can you explain what that was?
>>
>>161128747
Nah. You can probably figure it out if you look at my scales, its not exactly a world breaking thing but it is nice for me.
>>
>>161128908
death/magic/luck?
>>
>>161128931
What dont I have?
>>
>>161129016
Income?

But yes, I see that you have neutral order as well.
>>
>>161129069
>no income he says
>>
>>161129069
>Income?
kek
>>
>>161129149
Well less than you ought to, at any rate.
>>
>>161129254
Consider that I have been building forts since roughly turn 2.
>>
>>161129446
3 I mean
>>
>>161129446
You have about half as many forts as Agartha. Mictlan had more too, and his expansion wasn't particularly great.
>>
>>161129580
Thats mostly because I have fort Autism and I dont like having them take resources from each other.
>>
>>161129638
I'm still not really sure what the secret is. You still have acceptable money while having poor scales?
>>
>>161129720
Yeah mostly. My sacred troops upkeep is pitiful. I have been making a profit all game.
>>
>>161129903
I honestly think that Atlantis's real strength is your non-sacred heavy infantry and useful sea mages. While you may be resource capped on your ice warriors and fort capped on forgiving fathers, both of these scale well with, well, scales. The sacreds are kinda neat but not hugely better than ice guards, which you can get from any land fort. Meanwhile, being able to spam out more evokers/green lions/communion guys seems to be where you should be able to derive strength in the mid to lategame. I'd much rather have more of all that than a bigger bless. I guess the N9 is nice for thugging Angakoks? They're pretty expensive for their HP if you want to use them for that, though. I guess it's also useful for golems later too, which are nice.

I'm not an expert on Atlantis by any means, though. It just seems to me that you could have more of everything instead of slightly stronger cap only sacreds, which still don't really perform better than units you get out of any fort.
>>
>>161130206
Maybe. This is my first time trying them out also. Though I do have lots forgiving fathers and I have the gold for more ice guards.
>>
I actually really like LA Atlantis conceptually because it's naturally built around magic that you don't see used en masse super often, like wind-guided green lions and stygian rains as a default spell.
>>
>>161099013
It's a great map, but with every map that isn't biddyn/hexiwilyr/realm it has some freaking bizarre province links and lack thereof.
>>
squidward stop spending your pearls on imprint souls and go attack hinnom or something

this is my throne now. i stole it fair and square
>>
>>161129903
>I have been making a profit all game.
Have people been wishing for the apocalypse in this game? Or plunging the world into darkness? Otherwise, this isn't a high bar.
>>
>>161128485
That looks like one guy being dumb and bad and a few more experienced players telling him he's wrong.
>>
>>161131612
>built around magic that you don't see used en masse super often
Fomoria says hi
>>
>>161085993
>I can think of a lot of battles from my last set of turns where 20 longdead horse or a single buffed behemoth could have turned it.

And I can think of a shitton more battles where 20 longdead horsemen wouldn't have done a thing.

>hurr your circumstances can only ever be exactly like mine

Also of course BVC won't "win you the war" by itself, just like 20 horsemen alone can't win you an entire war by themselves. It's just another cheap tool in your repertoire which you can take out (And yes 8 death gems is cheap for the things you can get out of it if used properly.)
>>
>>161138032
>8
I'm not going to be baited by the likes of you.

Also, would anyone be interested in an EA or MA game with the meme being supplies set to minimum?
>>
File: axe of sharpness.png (356B, 37x37px) Image search: [Google]
axe of sharpness.png
356B, 37x37px
>>161138106

???
>>
>>161138459
Not him, but hammers have a significant upfront cost and treating every item like it will be made with a hammer doesn't represent what usually happens in games.
>>
>>161138459
>>161139241
You also need a black servant since living beings will get diseased and die. That's another 5 gems.
>>
>>161139241
I've personally always counted hammers as gem gens that pay for themselves in 7.5 turns. Either way, you don't count an item at gemcost-2 even if you are using a hammer to forge it (which isn't always an option for MA Ermor).
>>
>>161140118
>I've personally always counted hammers as gem gens that pay for themselves in 7.5 turns.
That's roughly the way I treat them too, but it's only true if you're consistently forging items (that are important enough to be forged even without hammer bonus).

I've made too many hammers before and had them just sitting around for lack of items to forge.
>>
>>161141445
There is a theory which says that you need 1 hammer per 20 gems of income you are having. I believe that it's a close to how it have to be.
>>
I want to add turn announcement functional to my little IRC-bot. How do I inform him that new turn has been hosted? IRC-bot and dedicated dom server run on same machine.
>>
>>161142984
There's probably some way to be notified when a specific file gets edited. I'd look for that and try pointing it at the .trn files (or the ftherlnd file). Those should only get edited when a turn gets processed.
>>
Oh shit, suddenly there is 11 people in the Race War.
>>
File: file.png (507KB, 806x549px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
507KB, 806x549px
What the hell, jotunheim?
>>
File: file.png (771KB, 817x644px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
771KB, 817x644px
What the hell, white?
>>
I'm doing some memestuff and wont be at home until late. I dont think I will need a extension, but give me 4 extra hours just in case.

Unzip your turn resends, ladies.
>>
Now that I think of it, did anyone meet each other?
Or any ideas on builds and pretenders?
>>
>>161147450
I saw C'tis' devourer of souls.
>>
>>161097891
Abysia has several research timings after which it's power increases considerably.

1) conj3, evoc3 - > phoenix power fireball spam: this will win you sub turn 20 wars if you pull enough mages from research.

2) evoc 7 -> Fire storm: this will catch unprepared player off guard if deployed turn 50 something along with copious amounts of fire immune chaff.

3) evoc 8 -> Pillar of Fire: pull ALL your Salamanders. This will hurt even fire resistance buffed troops and often surprises an opponent that is prepared for firestorm but not for such high single short fire damage.

You should focus on having good research to reach them fast use each of these timings to win crucial battles and become big.

Once you are big you should focus on ending the game with a throne grab asap before people can muster a counter for your guys. Blood is only plan B in case you can't strongarm your way to victory.

One more tip I would give you is to pay attention to indies because some of them can really augment Abysia's capabilities. Look mostly for mages that increase your diversity but Zotz are useful as mobile raiders and leaders for Misbred and fire resistant amazons and cavemen can also make a great addition to your armies.
>>
>>161148267
>turn *30 something

embarassing typo
>>
>>161146546
That's a pretty good thug, though.
>>
>>161144060
I guess I can just store filehash right after and run script that will compare it with filehash of currently existing file, but it seems like bruteforce solution.
How does llama knows when to fire newturn emails?
>>
File: no abysia please no.jpg (96KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
no abysia please no.jpg
96KB, 1024x577px
>>161148267
Thanks, I'm really liking the nation so far and how they don't deal in cowardly shit like ARCHERY
I'm assuming the magic that counters it the most are Rain and Fire resistance?
>>
>>161099481

Accepted then!

Sent you an ingame message outlining my priorities and ideas.
>>
>>161137779
What, tstriking or skelespamming?
>>
>>161150113
Oh hey, what are you trading for water gems?
>>
>>161150047
Rain and fire resistance are both up there, but since fire magic mostly does AP damage, troops with a lot of protection will take less damage from it anyway, making it even less useful come lategame, when fire magic already has little in the way of utility or spammable strong summons.
>>
>>161150297

Other gems, I have a lot of S and E for example.
>>
White, do your turn. At least die with dignity.
>>
Altdorf 2h file received
Ogre Kingdom 2h file received
Dwarfs 2h file received
High Elves 2h file received
>Wood Elves Waiting for 2h file
Nehekhara 2h file received
>Bretonnia Waiting for 2h file
Tzeentch Warhost 2h file received
Nurgle Warhost 2h file received
Warriors of Khorne 2h file received
>Slaanesh Warhost Waiting for 2h file
Gorka 2h file received
Morka 2h file received
Naggarond 2h file received
>Skavenblight Waiting for 2h file
Sylvania 2h file received
>>
>>161147187

All of you fucking players are determined to prevent this game having fast turns, aren't you?

Granted.
>>
>>161152000
Sorry :(

I'll take it asap.
>>
>>161152346

I'm just fucking with you. Do a double if you're the last in though, eh?
>>
>>161152429
What nation are you so I can send you some thanksgiving gryphons? ;^)
>>
>>161149378
>I guess I can just store filehash right after and run script that will compare it with filehash of currently existing file, but it seems like bruteforce solution.
You can't look at the last-modified date on the file somehow? That would be a lot faster than running a hash function. I've never tried to do it, but I'd be surprised if you can't.

However, I was thinking something more like this:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365261.aspx
or this
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filesystemwatcher.aspx

>How does llama knows when to fire newturn emails?
No idea. You could try emailing him, ask what he suggests using.
>>
>>161148267

>fireball spam

What is this, 2013.

>evo 8

Sure m8.

>don't bother mentioning blood or conj

Get out.
>>
>>161153107
Thanks for the links, I will check it out.
>>
>>161153240
>2013
13 dmg as base. 2 per caster's level. So for F2 - 17 dmg, for F3 - 19 dmg and so on.
Learn to read motherfucker.
>>
>>161097891

All your shit is old. Take growth. All your troops are absurdly expensive and a single Destruction renders them into squishy potatoes who die easily. Against non-new players who use line formation and/or small blobs of troops, your evos will do nothing. Everything is slow and painful and mm1 and you can't go over rivers. Due to said expense your research tends to suck.

My solutions: devils, they add punch and mobility, via soul contracts forged by pretender. Fire elementals, they do damage even if the enemy doesn't place all his troops in one giant blob for you to shoot at. In ME or summod - summons. A gemgen global. Going for first fight ability (elementals) and then immediately construction 6 for lightless lanterns. Demon Lords to provide diversity and buffs. A Pretender God who can summon Illearth for again diversity and buffs. Eventually, heliophagii and demon lords for diversity and buffs. Firestorm you use to clear chaff, armoured things or fast, killy things or resistance spells will all laugh at it.
>>
>>161153448

Back around 2013 there was a big thing about fireball spamming as abysia and some people wouldn't shut up about how great it was.

It actually sucks, due to prec issues.
>>
>>161153448
>>161153627
Fireball spam is mostly good for the large aoe heat shock. If you fight in a heat 3 province you will set everything on fire and kill it in a couple of rounds. Prec isn't necessary at all. If you want more prec anyway, just take an Air minor bless.
>>
>>161075691
>>161076519

Congrats on the win. My big multi-throne attack was another turn away, so I was too slow.

Here was the game for me: Had an ok starting position, but quickly got nervous because after indie expansion I bordered Asphodel and Ermor, against which skellyspam+foul vapors is useless, so I tried to remain friendly with both of them until I could transition to something that would let me not get raped.

Then Asphodel told me he was invading Ermor and wanted gold for N/D gems, which ended up working out great for me since Ermor was permanently held back from my borders and I used the extra D gems to pump out skull mentors.

I had two tart factories pretty early, but I also got distracted doing a bunch of shit I never get to do in games (summoning ancient presence, eater of the dead, etc.). I also had pretty much all the good artifacts, so there's really no excuse for why I was so slow to organize throne pushes, but I was content to play in the sandbox for a bit. It also didn't help that I got swamped with real life shit for the past few weeks, so some of my turns in that time were definitely half-hearted. Still, I was trying to win til the end, and was another turn out from my big throne push (I just took one of Asphodel's thrones this turn, was gonna take another one + 2 others next turn and had flying H3's coming in to claim them). So grats again on beating me to it.

I too was amazed at how quickly people went AI at the first sign of slight inconvenience. Although he didn't go AI, Asphodel was also completely nonresponsive after the early game, not responding to a single in-game message that I sent him after turn 30 or so.
>>
>>161144557
Well hell. Maerland should still work with 12, I think. If not, maybe Realm of Roaring Cave Rhinos or something?
>>
>>161154650
Also I did up some lore for my own guys. Its probably pretty shit but I just felt like I had to do it after one guy did it.
http://pastebin.com/PWFhu1d9
A bit at the start I just coppied from the first guy because I dont actually know what lines you need to change for the start site.
>>
Hey domg, I found out why EA Xib is so borken.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popobawa
>>
File: 1442595116462.jpg (170KB, 558x736px) Image search: [Google]
1442595116462.jpg
170KB, 558x736px
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction

>http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Conjunction
>>
How is Jomon in summod?

I can see the changelog but I dunno if they really matter a huge deal beyond more general summon encouragement. That's cool and all, but Shugenja are still a hyper-random low-level mess, they still rely heavily on being underwater (I think?), their troops are all still highish-prot & shieldless in a crossbow-age, their "stronger" options (eg master shugenja, go-hatamoto, onmyo-ji..) are still MM1.

But maybe none of that matters when you can summon things at reduced cost
>>
>>161157638

I'll make a pretender when I get home.
>>
>>161157638
Can total noobs join too?
>>
Having 102 insane mages makes taking turns truly soul-crushing. I'm never playing R'lyeh again.
>>
File: vastness.jpg (338KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
vastness.jpg
338KB, 1131x707px
>>161160384
Illwinter truly are the masters of thematic mechanics
>>
>>161160759
I opened the image then scrolled up to not see it all at once, then i scrolled lightly down so as to not get spooked, but even just the top 1/4 of the image was too spooky so I closed
>>
>>161160016
As long as you are willing to play it out anyone can join, but keep in mind it's not a noob game
>>
File: 3869_10_04_11_4_33_56.jpg (340KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
3869_10_04_11_4_33_56.jpg
340KB, 1200x720px
>>161161180
s͎̞̲̦̰͖̳̩̼͍̍͋̈̽͞ǔ̵͎̜̲͙͚̤̐̆̍͆̇̓̕ṗ̸̠̘͇̫̠̭̥̟̙͈̐͑̽̇̚
>>
File: nope.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>161161770
>>
>>161162874
>doom_horrors.png
>>
File: never trust goats.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
never trust goats.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>161163024
>>
How do I build babby's first Tartarian SC? All the resources I find on making a supercombatant are Dominions 3 related.
>>
What happened to that guy that made those HOMM nations, and like 10 others?
Was there ever a HOMM game played here?
>>
>>161166873
I'm not sure who you are asking for but I just mucked around with the HOMM3 sprites and put them into the game and took some screenshots like this one. I never got around to making a full mod nation let alone multiple.
>>
>>161167034
>>
>>161163852
It depends on its paths
>>
>>161167232
I'm only at Conj-8. Its paths are currently theoretical.
>>
>>161167359
Dunno then. If you want a caster, just throw some boosters. If you want a melee monsters, throw on the standard res rings.
>>
>>161167034
>>161167206

These pictures are good and I remember them and you should totally make them into actual mods.

The guy I'm thinking of was Strabonic.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getalluser&mid=819
AvLee (Rampart), Erathia (Castle)..too bad he put them in different ages.
Considering he apparently only ever made the two HOMM3 nations, there probably wasn't a HOMM3 game played.

Ah well, was just an idle thought.
>>
>>161167206
What kind of stats does behemoth have? Armor-piercing attacks? And AN for Ancient Behemoth?
>>
>>161167790
trample, fear
>>
Game: Degeneracy
Turn number 45
Next turn due: 23:20 GMT on Saturday November 26th

>Agartha Waiting for 2h file
Atlantis 2h file received
Unexpected Nation 2h file received
>Marignon Waiting for 2h file
Ulm 2h file received

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>161167606
Oh him, he made proper nations with actual dominions-style sprites and Might and Magic lore, like VARN that is being use right now in the current modnation game.
>>
File: RareXibalbo.jpg (45KB, 838x530px) Image search: [Google]
RareXibalbo.jpg
45KB, 838x530px
This is a bat thread now.
>>
>>161158596

They still suck mostly as much. Don't go into games with them expecting them to be good or anything.
>>
>>161170254
sum1won why have you failed me
>>
Whoever was looking for the gekokujo mod, assuming that's the one lambert made, it's on llamaserver as 'Clans of Jomon'. The map is on there as 'Japan', but please god, make a greyscale version or something if you use it, that map rapes eyes.
>>
File: 45664723.jpg (21KB, 894x134px) Image search: [Google]
45664723.jpg
21KB, 894x134px
>tfw nobody appreciates my sublime sense of humor
>>
Why aren't attacks from giants aoe? It would encourage people to actually use them after expansion is over.
>>
>>161170930
That would make them super OP. Just try modding this in, and you'll see that you can take like 50 provinces with them in the first year alone.
>>
>>161170368
Can't download it
>>
>>161170930
Do you even realize that AoE damage ignores defence checks? It's an automatic 30-something damage to everything in a square. It's like every single giant having a fire brand.
>>
>>161171015
Vanheim and Pan can do that anyway, but what if it was a weak aoe effect, like 3 AN damage?
>>
>>161171163
>an damage
Do you even play this game at all? I'd say if it was something like a 1 point of damage (unaffected by strength) it could be fine, but even 1 AN can do nasty things. Have you ever used Bloodletting or Soul Drain spells? Sometimes they can kill a ton of units with that 1 AN.
>>
>>161171123
So? Just add the defnegate tag to it.
>>
>>161171163
>having 50 provinces in the first year
Is this a new meme?

Show me a screen of your expansion in the first year like that, please/
>>
What's AN damage?
>>
>>161171451
Armour negating.
>>
>>161171342
That might actually work. Small AoE damage unaffected by strength (or affected by strength but really small like -10 or even -15) is not going to be gamebreaking.
>>
What are the most important spells to research as AE Niefelheim?
>>
>>161172484
Blessing and Divine blessing.
>>
Turn sent mostly on time, thanks a lot for the extension.
>>
>>161172484
Conj: brood of garm - your N gem sink for sacred wolves with fear auras

Alt: frozen heart, water/death buffs for jarls (liquid body/invulnerability/soul vortex/quickness, maybe flight for those that have 1 air).

Evo: eh

Ench: skelespam,

Blood: ALL OF IT. You can have a ton of blood, and skratti assassins, and skratti raiders and thugs, and skratti battlefield support, and skratti communions.
>>
>>161172793
Thanks

>>161172683
Is there an approved blessing I should go for or is it a DEPENDS blessing?
>>
>>161173365
They don't even need a blessing but N9 elevates your giants to immortal killing machines until someone discovers this one cool trick to melt them.
>>
>>161173365
The accounts of Dom4 scholars vary, but they agree on one thing: you should ALWAYS pick N9 for niefel no matter what. It's just too good: regen for giants, regen for skrattis (with shrouds), regen for (potential but unlikely) golems and tarts. E4 helps with communions. E9 helps with communions and skratti thugging. W and F and S are pretty pointless in my opinion (maybe S for astral end-game, I guess?). D might be useful to have just for the sake of tarts, though I never saw it used.
>>
>>161173365
N9. A skratti with a shroud is a perfect communion slave which can support massive numbers of Gygja masters.
>>
>>161173730
>>161173806
Thanks once again

>>161173686
>this one cool trick to melt them.
What's that? Some spell that nullifies the regen?
>>
File: 50 provinces year 1.jpg (201KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
50 provinces year 1.jpg
201KB, 800x600px
>>161171417
ez pz
>>
>>161174215
Giants tend to not like various things like destruction, tangle vines, water elementals, sacreds that are more skillful than they are, troops with high attack densities (steel maidens can do a number on most giants with some basic magic support), niefel giants particuarly don't like getting set on fire and cold resistance takes away the thing that makes neifel giants able to deal with crowds.
>>
>>161175861
How the fuck did you do that?
>>
>>161176295
git gud
>>
>>161176295
>Upkeep 57
You've been memed
>>
>>161176295
>starting provinces: 50
>>
>>161175861
>SP
kek
>>
>>161176590
Single Player is the way Dominions was meant to be played. The multiplayer is just an afterthought. This is made obvious by the multiple spells that have literally no use apart from flavor reasons and the game having absolutely no gameplay balance between the different nations at all.
>>
>>161176590
It was just a quick example I literally put together in 5 minutes.
Have you ever considered that maybe the reason you've never won a game is because your expansion is ass?
>>
I can believe that w9 awake helheim can get to 50
>>
>>161176295
Awake W9N9 dragon with perfect luck as either Pan or vanheim
>>
>>161177321
Yeah it's doable, I tried it in SP as well. You have to consider other players/thrones/strong indies though. Real games never go smooth every single time.
>>
>>161177479
Well no, of course not. The 50 province thing is a theoretical province count, not what you can reasonably expect to get in-game.
>>
File: RAtwf3U - Copy.jpg (212KB, 756x559px) Image search: [Google]
RAtwf3U - Copy.jpg
212KB, 756x559px
RIP to those who died

this threeway is starting to feel a lot like a 2v1. all i did was take a 1-point throne
>>
>>161176814
Name 5 spells like that.
>>
>>161177801
>At one point you ceased to meme and just started throwing killer commanders out without renaming them
>>
>>161177321
Fuck it, I'm trying that. Who wants to play an EA match?

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ChroniclesEA
>>
>>161177974
btw, don't pick a fight with my w9 awake Pangaea. I'll win
>>
>>161163852
Brand, vine shield, starshine skullcap, rainbow armour, flying/quickness/messenger boots, ring of regen, amulet of resilience or girdle of might
>>
File: It's shit.png (105KB, 445x249px) Image search: [Google]
It's shit.png
105KB, 445x249px
>>161178086
>>
>>161178047
I'll pick vanheim and slap your shit up, famalam.

I tested it, vanheres > centaurs.
>>
>>161178335
You don't need to test it. Everyone knows Vanheim wins that.
>>
>>161178387
You'd be surprised how many people know jack shit about actual unit matchups.
>>
>>161178435
Okay, you're right. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>161178086
>starshine skullcap
Wow, 9 head protection for a path boost that's only useful to S mages and a marginal increase of MR.

>rainbow armor
>not even elemental plate
Do you even know what protection stat is?

>messenger's boots
>on the undead that gets only spell fatigue
Wewzers laddie.

>amulet of resilence
Wew, more reinvigoration that undead don't need.
>>
File: file.png (622KB, 833x595px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
622KB, 833x595px
>>161163852
Something like this, disregarding the artifact/removing the shroud for #NoBlessSWAG. Options include: elemental plate (plugging holes in resists), hydraskin armor (regen), charcoal/vine shield (charcoal is better for actual protection value).
>>
>>161178859
why earth boots over quickness/flying boots?
>>
>>161178715
>prot
>mattering to 200 HP Tart
>using tarts to hit shit instead of wiping them out with mass evos and then wading in
>not stacking as much MR as possible to prevent life for a life/soul slay
W E W L A D
>>
Were there any other pastebins out there? I have these two but I feel like there might have been one more.

>>161102558
Got it.

>>161155103
Got it.
>>
>>161179139
>life for a life
>MR
>thinks prot doesn't matter
Jesus man, if you're new don't give tactical advice.
>>
>>161178859
I didn't list a shitton of other options like elfbane/shadowbrand/smasher/dusk dagger etc etc etc.

Basically, you need:

1) Elemental resists for elements you'll be dealing with (ideally, all of them, but it can be taxing on slots).
2) >20 prot. It better be something like 25/25 though.
3) Regen. It's vital on SCs of this size and HP pool. Reinvigoration is OPTIONAL, as tarts don't acquire fatigue from shanking dudes, only from spells.
4) A few other layers of defence (vine shield against weak chaff or TEH BARRIER against heavy shit, for example).
+-5) >>161178997 Magic phase movement. Flying won't get your SC to where you want 100% of the time. That dude can just trapeze onto armies.
>>
>>161179139
You are a new player or a memer. Don't open your mouth and give shit advice like that ever again, please. Your 200 hp with 0 protection dies to skelespam, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>161179257
quickness boots give him more attacks that he doesn't worry about the fatigue for, more att, and more def. What do the earth boots give aside from slightly less fatigue after his buff cycle?

flying shoes are more for getting out than getting in, but also let you dive onto things if you need to do that.
>>
File: moriya mod dominions.png (40KB, 569x622px) Image search: [Google]
moriya mod dominions.png
40KB, 569x622px
I stopped lacking as much during this weekend. I'm planning on splitting up the nations via game so it looks nicer.
>>
>>161179373
Earth boots are an oversight, yeah. I kinda wanted him to be a hybrid turn 1 RoS/melee SC. You RoS for 5 turns, dudes get in, you shank them and they die to petrification from aegis.

Seriously, my man, magic phase movement is one of the most vital things in late-game. Flying boots are good, but just trapezing/teleporting is much better if you want to win fights that matter and not just raid shit.
>>
File: stop staley.png (27KB, 306x82px) Image search: [Google]
stop staley.png
27KB, 306x82px
How appropriate.
>>
>>161179545
No, I agree with you about the trapeze thing, but if you're diving 2 provinces deep into enemy territory, the winged shoes let you fly out. It and quickness also are pretty useful in combat
>>
>>161179483
>splitting up the nations via game
hwat
>>
>>161179545

>hybrid

Seriously, what the fuck do you think you are doing.
>>
Also, a word of advice from the meme wars veteran about countering SCs. The secret I'm about to tell you is not universally useful, but it can give you a perfect counter for the unstoppable SC you couldn't kill before.

Here goes.

Are you ready?

Mage Bane (the artifact) has a special attack that gives the enemy 110 fatigue. It CAN NOT BE RESISTED by MR or anything else. It means that if you hit anything once, it's out of the game for good unless it gets rid of fatigue. It works on golems and tarts too. If you want to counter a single SC, just send a flying anti-SC with this baby, and it will kill it in 100% of cases. It was tested both in a test game and real late-game fights. The only downside is that E7 is hard to reach without pretender support/empowering.
>>
>>161179764
So there'll be a nation per game, like EoSD, IN, PCB, MoF, etc.
>>
>>161180081
Winning this game, you weak pathetic fool.
>>
New player here, do you guys have one or two nations you are good at in each era or is it pointless?
>>
>>161180161

It's great that you're in such an easy game that you can do completely retarded shit and still potentially win, but can you not shit up the thread with your completely retarded shit? Thanks.
>>
>>161180109

Commanders reduce fatigue when unconscious, even without reinvig.

But yeah, that'll shut at least one thing down hard.
>>
>>161180303

People claim this but it's not really true. Magic use, positioning, expansion theory, etc are transferable skills. If someone is 'good at one or two nations' what that means is that they have rote-learned a specific action to take with that nation, and can only stomp noobs and otherwise are shit and will break and run the instant their 'elf every province' or whatever rote action fails to work.
>>
File: 1476721169370.jpg (34KB, 374x261px) Image search: [Google]
1476721169370.jpg
34KB, 374x261px
>tfw you discover a Vale of Infinite Horrors in a province you have already forted
>>
>>161180834

Just move your stuff out the turn it's built. Also don't be precious about your units. They live, they die, they serve your god.
>>
Is Ys a new nation? when was it added? it has been a while since I played
>>
I need to siege a fortress that was built on a Throne, but my faction is EA Niefelheim, how can I make sure my army doesn't starve during the siege? These fuckers eat like mad
I'm not too worried from the combat point of view since the enemy nation are those whatsitcalled bat people and I just killed their retard god.
>>
>>161181069

I'd be less annoyed, but it's also got an indie poptype with mages that are really fucking useful to me, and is entirely surrounded by mountains.
>>
>>161181120
Yes
>>
>>161181554
How are they? water and air together makes me want to use freezing mist, but my own units would get destroyed by it as well.
>>
>>161180332
Yeah, after we removed Malakal it was really ez ;^)
>>
>>161179201
Those were the only two I saw

Starting now?
>>
>>161181157

Bags of Wine. Construction 4, with your Nature casters.
>>
>>161181157
Bag of Wine
Cauldron of Broth

or just siege faster using Wallshakers and Gatecleavers
>>
>>161183797
Soon. I made a few mistakes with the DM that need to be corrected.
>>
File: file.png (314KB, 678x825px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
314KB, 678x825px
7000+ gold for ~2000? I'll take that trade, jews. You could've killed Xibalba without stirring shit, but no, you had to break a NAP, and try to organize REMOVE ELVES party for selfish reasons.

To other nations of the world: I humbly ask you to respect our vendetta and stay away from this conflict. I thank those who sent me some gold for more vans though.

Also, Mari, I see your army on my border and UW. Please, reconsider your troop placement. You're on the coast, you know. Just saying.
>>
>>161186067
post ur djinn
>>
>>161186880
It's literally a naked that djinn I won in the arena fight. Based Better Arena.

It's hard to kit him properly because of the lack of body slot and construction research. And he tends to just go and trample shit, which can be unreasonable for a 3 protection dude.
>>
Why is Memes for the Meme Throne set to host december 3rd?
>>
>>161177832
Not that guy and I dont agree, but Summon Leshiy is literally, explicitly stated in the manual to exist only for fluff reasons. So there's at least one and I would imagine there are more.
>>
>>161188361
jsut use summod lol xD
>>
File: why.png (71KB, 862x343px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
71KB, 862x343px
>>161188361
>>
>>161188404
benis
>>
>>161188694
illwinter - Copy.png.exe
>>
>>161188694
ILLLLFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUD
>>
File: 1449615887976.png (108KB, 655x342px) Image search: [Google]
1449615887976.png
108KB, 655x342px
>>161179483
Replace Divine Hell Raven with Mishaguji

Okuu might have gotten her powers from Kanako, but she deserves to be her own pretender
>>
>Ascension points required for victory: 9
>Number of level 1 thrones: 8
>Number of level 2 thrones: 4
That makes sense, right? 5 thrones minimum to win. It's the only thing remaining before I can start this.
>>
>>161189229
Just over half the total points required, no combination of three thrones to win is the usual guideline but I think there's a lot of leeway. Maybe swap two level 1s for a level 3?
>>
Since Marignon seems disinclinde to kill me, I'm willing to offer money and gems for anyone who attacks Marignon. I have a big stash of them just wasting away.
>>
>>161189647
Mari is probably going to attack me next turn, so might as well improve my chances.
>>
>>161189647
Sure hope it was useful bb~
>>
Anyone got a working link for the Basic Magic, a Primer thread from Desura? This archive link doesn't seem to be working.

h ttp://dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/basic-magic-a-primer.html
>>
File: woo race war.png (113KB, 332x283px) Image search: [Google]
woo race war.png
113KB, 332x283px
Er.

I already tried redownloading the mods and map.
>>
>>161191564
We're running two mods and a map so this should be easy to pin down.
>>
Y u no turn
>>
>>161188262
this?
>>
>>161191564
>>161192071
I'm having the same issue with "bad neighbor".

I'll delve into the logs after dinner and see if I can't locate the problem. Some quick testing and research seems to point to this being a Llama server issue.
>>
File: file.png (377KB, 1077x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
377KB, 1077x590px
I'd like to thank my mysterious benefactor(s) for their contributions to my cause in this time of need.

Your role in the Machakan Liberation War will not be forgotten.
>>
File: 1479777108519.png (188KB, 389x219px) Image search: [Google]
1479777108519.png
188KB, 389x219px
>machaka
>>
>>161181356
so hire the useful mages, move them out (or don't). Horrormarks don't kill them quickly. Everything in Dominions is expendable.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-27+at+03.19.57).jpg (41KB, 588x159px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-27+at+03.19.57).jpg
41KB, 588x159px
>>161189878

I'm not sure how many other armies he can have than this, so you probably have nothing to worry about
>>
>>161166873
>What happened to that guy that made those HOMM nations, and like 10 others?
I'm still here, just took a break from modding.
>>
>>161194059

Machaka I swear if you summon any more ants
>>
>>161192929
Well I was able to make several single player games on the map with the mods enabled and the same array of nations. Does sound like a Llama issue.
>>
File: Kobold_Warstave_1.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold_Warstave_1.png
1KB, 64x64px
Progress is slow, but what do you guys think?
>>
>>161198527
It looks like a slave anthro-jackal with a mysteriously double-bladed staff weapon
>>
>>161198692
Noice, that's what I was going for
>>
fuck this
define thugging for me
>>
File: smug kappa.jpg (168KB, 700x676px) Image search: [Google]
smug kappa.jpg
168KB, 700x676px
>>161179483
>onihammer torpedo
>>
>>161198785
Cool. What are you making?

>>161198864
More or less, a thug is a lone commander that can take on small amounts of PD and smaller forces without getting BTFO while requiring minimal investment to create, like 20 gems or less ish.
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Thugs
>>
>>161199052
>http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Thugs
the one time i'm looking for information that's actually on the wiki.
fuck
>>
>>161198423
I'm restarting it right now with the standard Maerland.

Everything's telling me that I need to either switch the map or email Llama so hopefully this works. If not, I'll put it on hold until he gets back to us.
>>
Why are sabbaths so much worse than communions? 100 fat on the master, what the fuck.

>>161198527
It's a small thing, but I think the neck could be about a pixel thicker. Maybe a mid-tone to imply half a pixel's added width.
>>
>>161199257
Blood also has access to the reinvigoration spell that wipes all fatigue
>>
>>161198864
A thug is a commander who can take out a decent number (60+) of PD-tier troops reliably and without significant long-term damage.

I'd disagree with >>161199052 about cost being a factor. Spending 50 gems on a thug is a waste and shouldn't be done, but the result is still a thug.
>>
>>161199324
True, but that's 40% of your scripting slots, the most valuable resource a mage has, already gone. It also mean you have to cart around even more blood slaves but that's a much smaller complaint.
>>
>>161199052
Part 3 of my RIFT project. It's been like six months in the making now but in my defense I haven't had time to work on it.
>>
>>161199229
Hey, it works! Weird. The other map worked fine for me locally.
>>
>>161199363
>50 gems
nah that aint a thug, you just made garbage ;^)
I mean yeah I guess the cost isn't super strictly a part of the definition of "murders small amounts of stuff safely", just a reasonable guideline for what to shoot for and what they "should" be (if going for white-room theorizing of "the most efficient").
>>
File: 20161126205700_1.jpg (113KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
20161126205700_1.jpg
113KB, 1024x705px
>>161199661
>>161199363
I'd argue that efficiency is part of the definition of a thug. I mean, I guess you could say that an inefficient thug is a bad thug but I feel like there should be a fundamental difference between "thug" and "a lot of gear on a commander".
>>
>>161199652
Same so I'm tempted to email Llama about removing my map upload.

Did you have to rename anything to get this working? I'm not sure what version of Maerland we're using but it's probably not the one I had you guys download.
>>
>>161199998
No I didn't, it just ran with the version I already had installed. Either it came default with the game or was in one of the few map packs I downloaded way back when I first started playing.
>>
File: Perfect.png (24KB, 817x36px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect.png
24KB, 817x36px
>>161200178
Good.

I'll remove the old link and replace it with the right one once I narrow it down.
>>
>>161199661
>a reasonable guideline for what to shoot for and what they "should" be
Yeah, that's basically how I think you should treat it.

20 is a bit strict in my opinion, that's only a vine shield plus fire brand. Nations without a recruitable chassis would need to summon something to use them, and nations with a recruitable chassis might want a girdle to prevent fatigue.

>>161199878
>I feel like there should be a fundamental difference between "thug" and "a lot of gear on a commander".
"a lot of gear on a commander" could cover a lot of things, many of which cannot take provinces solo. It could be used to describe a heavily overgeared thug, but it could also describe a SC, a geared up caster, or an AI-made commander with semi-random items (the last one was my first thought on hearing that phrase).

I think inefficient/overpriced thug is much clearer and more specific.
>>
>>161188262
>>161192418
Someone asked for an extension for turkey day and I accidentally extended it to next week.
>>
>>161203203
but i dont even care about turkeys
>>
>>161203731
Take it up with the Americans.
>>
>>161203996
i'll let them off it, they're in for a wobbly four to eight years.
>>
Ulm I dont want no trouble, but I dont want to go down the same way Abysia did. Please dont send any more spies my way.
>>
>>161204549
Sorry just exploring =3
>>
What exactly does the Better Arena mod do? Artifacts as rewards and you don't have to recompete I know, but does it cause more frequent or consistent arena battles or anything?
>>
>>161206173
Dont think so. Pretty sure it just gives you an incentive to actually compete.
>>
File: file.png (505KB, 800x607px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
505KB, 800x607px
>>161198073
It's too late to stop, Berry.
It was always too late.
>>
>>161206685
getting golden boots after sending a caelum storm general to the arena was cool.

cursed, unremovable boots too.
>>
>>161203203

Well, can you unfuck it? People will take time if they think they got it.
>>
>>161208209
I dont think so. I only see the option to postpone, not unpostpone. Unless I force a hosting or something. The dude wanted an extension until monday afternoon anyway.
>>
>>161208483

Well, lets hope everyone takes their turn by then.
>>
>>161208483
You can if you postpone and enter a negative value
>>
>>161209730
How many negative hours is monday afternoon in the US?
>>
>>161210024
>>
>>161210934
Nice try fucker, I set it back 96 hours so sometime around Tuesday..
>>
>>161179483
Oh shit, I forgot Sanae
>>
>>161211973
H3+ hero
>>
Did the community clash already happen? Did our team bring us glory?
>>
>>161212603
Of course not.
>>
>>161214990
...So it did happen?
>>
>>161215717
It was too ambitious and fell apart.
>>
>>161216000
;_;
I just wanted a glorious clusterfuck
>>
Yo brown you there?
>>
>>161217802
Could we work out some sort of deal for either 22 or 13? I'm not interested in winning at this point, I just want to play about with blood stuff but it would be rather helpful to be able to get income from my UW province again.
>>
Should I get this game?
It sounds like to get the most of it I need to spend a bunch of time learning, experimenting and then finding people to play online with.
Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm just wondering whether it's easy to get enjoyment out of it before spending a few months learning and being yelled at.
>>
Personally I had a great time [laying this game alone for years. Learning about nations, about tacticaland strategical options, about interraction on the battlefield was extremely fun.

And only after that I have started to play multiplayer. Almost immediately I have learned insane ammount of things from others and eventually start to wreck weaker players it was super fun too. And even now, after 3 years in MP, I am still learning about the game, finding new facts, options and strategies.

So if you'll hooked up on this game it won't let you go.
>>
>>161218805
Personally I only have a few hours ingame but I'm loving it. Magic is totally cuhrayze not like those baby tier mages you see in games nowadays, there's a nation for every taste too
I don't know about having to play multiplayer, I only played singleplayer so far but it's a lot of fun anyway
>>
>>161177974
The map link isn't working. Pls to upload, must practice expo
>>
JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>161177974
>http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ChroniclesEA

http://www.moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/addons/ragnarok-comes-15328-horizontal-wraparound/#6002927

Is there a way to change the link on llama to this one?
>>
>>161218805
The basics of the game are actually pretty easy to learn. The interface looks intimidating at first glance, but once you've spent some time with it (the in-manual tutorial helps), it's really not so bad.

The basics aren't nearly enough to give you a hope of winning in multiplayer, of course, and there's a ton to learn about all the options and tactics available in the game. But multiplayer can still be fun even if you're not good, as long as you don't mind losing, and you'll learn a lot in the process. Or you can just stick with single-player; the AI isn't very good, but it's a different experience than multiplayer and some people enjoy it a lot. There's more room to relax and try crazy things for the fun of it when you're not up against a bunch of experienced human opponents.

So, I'd recommend the game. I've had it for about two months now, and I've had a lot of fun with it. The initial learning curve took me maybe a few days to pass, and I've been in four PBEM games since then (I could have managed more, but I've been busy). While I haven't come close to winning yet, I at least put up a fight in three of them thanks Lemuria, and they've all been fun.
>>
>>161218805
Learning and experimenting will definitely eat up a lot of time, but finding people to play with isn't hard. Most dom4 games are open to anyone who wants to join.

>I'm just wondering whether it's easy to get enjoyment out of it before spending a few months learning and being yelled at.
Most games are free-for-all matches, so the only person relying on you is yourself. That tends to prevent people from yelling at you.

Generally, people advise you to spend a short time in singleplayer to learn the basics then get into online play early. You'll probably lose all of your early games, but keep in mind that an average winrate in a 10-player FFA would be 10%. Even experienced players lose more games than they win.
>>
>2nd game ever
>Jotuns
>no idea what I'm doing but minmaxed death and nature magic with -3 everything as a Dracolich
>only use Jotun Godes and Jarls as commanders for their ability to Bless

hey just checking do I NEED to have sacred units to bless them?

>train nothing but sacred units
>regenerating, undying berserkers
>10-15 units can take out full size armies of 80 units
am I doing this right?

oh and my economy is tanking and I can only afford to train 5 sacred units a turn in the capitol and nothing else. But on the upside all the Hellgates popping up are giving me free units anyway
>>
>>161218805
I almost didnt buy it for the same reasons as you
it's actually really straightforward once you begin working out how everything works and I only really had a 5 minute period of confusion
>>
>>161220098
>hey just checking do I NEED to have sacred units to bless them?
Yes, bless only affects sacred units.

>am I doing this right?
Using strong blessed units is a sound strategy, but Jotunheim is a poor choice for it because their sacreds aren't great.

Regarding your bless: N9 is great for Jotunheim, but D9 is very useless. You could get similar results going with a N9 Irminsul, and your scales would be much better.
>>
>>161220098
D9 is pretty shit for Jotuns. They'll generally kill what they hit, and undying doesn't actually add too much staying power in comparison to even a minor W bless or even E.
>>
File: the god the bandar and the ulmy.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the god the bandar and the ulmy.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
How would you make the items nobody ever forges useful, /domg/?
>>
>>161223026
Lower cost, mass forging, or increase the chance that they'll spawn on indies.
>>
>>161223026
Depends on the item. Summod already changes a bunch to be more useful mostly by reducing forging costs and sometimes removing paths, as was the case with the Acorn Amulet and Amulet of Fish for instance.
While there's still some stuff that's not worth forging, it's usually because the effect has too small a niche to want to spend gems on it.
>>
A'right, I may need subs for TC and Midgard.

One stale each (although TC missed a turn a couple turns ago as well). Early game yet so I dunno what sort of position they're in.

I can only assume they got shanked in a fight over a toaster during American Mass Consumer Trampling Day.
>>
>>161223253
Also, it's worth noting that vine shields basically edge out literally every other kind of shield outside of situational uses (fireshield v skellyspam) or artifacts. It's just that much better than anything else because of how good the unique entangle effect is at reducing how many things are hitting you at once.
>>
Are you sure that you need a sub after the one fucking stale?
>>
>>161224160

On a turn that already got extended because someone else asked? It's kinda suspect. If they get this turn in it's fine, but if they stale again I'm gonna switch 'em out.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (949KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
949KB, 1920x1080px
Quiz time!

Who will remove the spook?
>>
>>161224746

Canonically, it was Marignon, so I guess them?
>>
>>161224804
Wasn't it the demons summoned by Marignon, specifically?
>>
>>161223026
the true answer is: by nerfing the strongest items.

buffing and reducing cost are good but it's pretty hard to make a weapon good when frost brand already feels perfect, without breaking game balance
>>
>>161225680
Thugs/SCs aren't exactly too strong in Dom4 to begin with, taking out the budget options would make them even more niche. I'd rather buff the now useless items to make them better at least situationally than current cookie-cutter options (brands being a default option if you don't need anything specific is fine, items not being worth it even for their intended purpose isn't, an item like Rat Tail for instance probably isn't worth it even if you're fighting a bunch of animals).
>>
>>161225867
It's hard to make a wide variety of useful weapons, especially with the limitiations of the modding system.

Basically every thug/SC looks for one thing - AoE damage. There's only a limited number of ways you can do AoE damage.
>>
>>161226043
you can add an autocast spell each turn for mided damage types debuffs and being able to strike >1 square
>>
>>161226216
That's a good idea, I didn't think of that.
>>
>>161218805
SP is boring even for a scrub like me. Finding MP game is not hard at all. There are plenty recruiting at any time both here and on steam forums.
>>
>>161226571
I wouldn't call it boring. I had 70 hours in singleplayer before I ever did any multiplayer.
>>
So I'm trying to figure out which double bless is best for Berytos. I've narrowed it down to the following:

Dom 5 +1 scale

D9x9 Demilich
N9E9/N9B9 Bull
W9S9 Oracle
N9W9 Snek
F9S9 Lion
E9D9 Doggo

Dom 6 + 1 scale

N9E9 Statue of Fertility
E9S9 Statue of Order
F9E9 Statue of War

Dom 5 + 2 scales

E9B9 Idol
E9S9 Monument
F9S9 Glyph

Is there anything I'm missing? Which of these is best? N9E9 or N9W9 look the strong, but the Glyph gets an extra scale on a chassis that can teleport.
>>
>>161226043
I think the biggest issue is that attack, defence and damage are of very little use for thug chassis that generally tend to have very high strength and attack values to begin with and don't necessarily rely on defence. In other words, you need secondary effects to justify the cost, and those effects need to be useful. For example, luck from 5E5S Faithful simply isn't worth it because you can get the same effect for half the price from Pendant of Luck, but if it cost just 5S or cast Twist Fate at the beginning of battle, you might begin to consider it for protecting mages against T1 RoS and such like. Or consider an item like Smasher for instance: constructs tend to have little to no defence so you might as well use Gate Cleavers that do more damage if the wielder has any reasonable amount of strength. If the Shatter effect did 40 damage for instance (compared to current 20), it might be worth picking up over Gate Cleaver.
>>
>>161227006
I'd say N9W9 or N9B9.

N9E9 doesn't do much for your se'ir/colossi, and I don't think the extra benefit for mages/SCs justifies taking it.
>>
>>161227725

All berycombat mages are sacred and E9 has minimal addes effect for seir too.

But its mainly a melqart/mage bless and does wonder for their fatigue needs.

Its also very cheap.
>>
>>161191331

The author ported it to steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692390381
>>
>>161227782

Storm callers say hello, you dingbat.

And if you think e9 is 'cheap', you and I have very different definitions of cheap. That you'd consider taking a double bless for bery at all invalidates your entire opinion like 5 times over

There are three potential blesses for bery. E9, for faster colossi expansion - this is a 'expansion rush + camp' strategy with a minor reinvig benefit for your sacred mages (who don't need to blood has Reinvigorate and Sabbaths). W9, for better colossi, and ridonkulous se'ir, usually better than e9 by far. And N9, for thugging/melqing, which also helps se'ir and colossi, and can be worth it for that reason.
>>
File: Marignonian Angel of Fitness.png (302KB, 965x449px) Image search: [Google]
Marignonian Angel of Fitness.png
302KB, 965x449px
>>161224804
I started drawing a demon but somewhere along the lines it transformed into this really buff looking guy in robes so I just rolled with it.
>>
>>161212603

The host disappeared, the mapmaker never delivered, and after two months some teams lost willpower or some players got killed by the mafia.

A pity.
>>
>>161228140
stupid idea to begin with
>>
>>161227918

Thanks anon.
>>
>>161228109

Like a really buff Virtue

Modify his hand so that's not random blobs of colour but rather knuckledusters

>>161228430

No problem anon
>>
early age Fomor seem stupidly broken
what is their weak point?
>>
>>161229124
Expensive troops, and mages need a big guy to cast storm.
>>
>>161229124
Destruction, lightning resistance, earth meld, maws of the earth, an absurd amount of skelespam, Will of the fates, etc.

There's more counters than I have time to list them. Anything that works against giants or elves works against them, depending on whether they're spamming Nemedians or Sacred Giants.
>>
>>161229124

You can blenderize them early. You can also outplay them. But they are one of the top EA nations, alongside EA Xib, and Bery.
>>
>>161229330

>spamming nemedians

Jesus christ, get out. The strength of fomoria is the Fomorian Druid and the Firbolg Druid, it's easy access to regeneration-vortex-powered skelespam and massed tstrikes/air elementals and cheap RoS spam and the massive paths on the fomor kings. If someone is 'spamming nemedians' that's like playing as Xibalba and never using lance bats.
>>
File: strong militia.jpg (156KB, 1014x565px) Image search: [Google]
strong militia.jpg
156KB, 1014x565px
>>161229307
what about this guy though?
I've been spamming them and seeing losses in line with human elites
>>
>>161229469
Nemedian Elves are common in Formorian Armies. I'm not going to dispute the strength of their druids. It's just that killing sacred giants and killing massed elves requires two very different strategies. Nemedian commanders have situational niches but it's generally better to employ T-strike spam.
>>
>>161229609
They are likely to come crippled. Plus if people come at you with giant killing tactics they will work extra well on shitty giants.
>>
>AI Ur and Xibalba just decided that I should die one day
>730 Enkidus on one side and my capital being sieged by bats on the other
>despite meeting they never once decided to attack each other
I'm legit mad at this shit
Xibalba are worthless retards but I can't fight them while also fighting Ur because Jotuns cost a lot (relatively) and my income is too low.
>>
>>161229863
>Xibala are worthless retards
Is this singleplayer?
>>
>>161229631

If someone 'masses elves' as fomoria you kill them with basic magic and laugh. Elves with spears? Okay.png. Unmarked with spears? Not particularly better. Fomoria played as a troops nation is a laugh. Literally laugh as you kill it. That you think that's the major fomorian threat indicates you've never seen a non-scrub fomoria.
>>
>>161229992
Yes. You mind if I blog?
>>
>>161230064
No
I think you'll be surprised with Xibala if you play multiplayer though
>>
>>161219062
>>161219653
>>161219839
>>161220145
>>161226571

Thanks, guys. Got the game about an hour ago and am now running through the tutorial.
See you guys on the MP someday, I hope.
>>
>>161230139
Oh I don't know anything about the nation or their magic itself, so I have no trouble believing they are actually strong. It's just that so far their units didn't fare all that well against Jotuns in melee, especially since I got cold scale 3, also the AI for this nation in particular seems to like leaving their god protected by a small amount of troops so I can conveniently go there and kill him (Teotl of the Underworld).
>>
>>161227782
>E9 has minimal addes effect for seir too
Compared to W9 or B9 it's nothing.

>Its also very cheap.
Judging by the numbers in >>161227006, it's probably around 20-30 points cheaper at most.

>>161229609
>I've been spamming them and seeing losses in line with human elites
I'm very surprised to hear that. What is your enemy fielding?

Also, they have a similar cost to human elites.

>>161230323
Good luck!

Feel free to ask questions if you're having no idea how to play a nation.
>>
>>161230501
Xibala is apparently the most powerful nation of any age.
>>
>Well of Misery

Alright so who's gonna dispel?
>>
>>161230626
Strongest in EA and LA, one of the weaker nations in MA
>>
>>161230708

In EA they're toppest. In LA they're definitely upper tier, but not unambiguously the strongest nation.
>>
Does Dark Skies help with seduction attempts, seeing it reduces morale?
>>
>>161229124
No Blood.
>>
>>161230957

Yep.
>>
>>161230680
Not sure why you'd even bother removing WoM especially when Oak is up for a nation like Artea, but if you want to I hope you got a lot of pearls to put into the dispel.
>>
>>161231239
Why is Mother Oak especially scary for Artea?
>>
>>161232172
Bears.
>>
File: 1480252395207.png (297KB, 965x449px) Image search: [Google]
1480252395207.png
297KB, 965x449px
>>161228593
I modified the hand and touched a couple of things.
>>
File: 259060_20161119220710_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20161119220710_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161232172
He is producing dozens of 40 hp sacreds every turn
>>
>>161232172
Sacred bears by the thousands.
>>
>>161232605
Mr. Skeltal looks nice, the angel doesn't look like anything from Dominions
>>
>>161232460
>>161232646
>>161232673
Did nobody actually look at the nations?

Artea gets those as freespawn from 35g rec-anywhere commanders. If he's spending nature gems on them he's retarded.
>>
>>161232689
It's one of the higher tier angels buffed.
>>
>>161232802
Well, maybe that's what Strength of Giants looks like
>>
>>161232646
Meanwhile, all my national summons are broken.
>>
>>161232689
There is also the juxtaposition between the two. Skeleton in red, Angel in blue. The skeleton looks feminine and has thin and clean lines, while the angel looks hypermasculine and has a sketched look with thick lines.
>>
>>161232797
Because that's still 28 bears for 10 ngems from his N9 pretender, every turn.
>>
>>161232605

Nice, although the ..screws? on the knuckledusters look a bit weird.

>>161232689

The Virtue/Archangel sprite has that colour of robes and it's wings in front of it's face.
>>
>>161233310
>Nice, although the ..screws? on the knuckledusters look a bit weird.
Aren't they supposed to have studs or spikes?
>>
>>161233017
Let me explain how irrelevant 28 bears per turn is.

Let's say his first fort was completed at turn 10 and he recruited these bear callers from only that fort (very unlikely, especially since they don't need anything but the fort). At this point of the game he would have 60 bears per turn.

If he dedicated a second 600g fort (no lab/temple) to it, he could easily be at over a hundred bears per turn. A third fort would put him near two hundred bears per turn, and a fourth would put him well over that.

By this point, if Artea is smart, he could have hundreds of sacred bears per turn basically for free. Spending nature gems and pretender turns to slightly increase that amount is throwing gems away.

The only mitigating factor here is that these bears have upkeep (and yes, the summoned ones do too).
>>
File: Bearmageddon.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bearmageddon.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>161233520
>>
>>161232172
He's had it up for ages uncontested, can use it to summon a shittonne of bears (but like >>161233520 said he doesn't need the spell really), and most of his good national summons use nature gems.

Also WoM is nice on living people too, so no bully.
>>
File: knucks.jpg (8KB, 236x304px) Image search: [Google]
knucks.jpg
8KB, 236x304px
>>161233467

It depends, but not usually?
>>
>>161233520

Haaa haaaaaa haaaaaa and this is why I don't join natgen games, because admins are bad at spotting exploitable mechanics.
>>
>>161234285
>exploitable mechanics
That's kind of the point, Anon.
>>
>>161234335

Dominions isn't exactly the most balanced game, but most natgen games have some easily spammable mechanics in some of the nations that make them untouchable by nations without. People not using those mechanics due to being scrubs or whatever doesn't mean it still isn't a crapshoot.
>>
>>161234285
Nobody is gonna bother rebalancing 12+ nations, and if you start removing unbalanced ones you'll not find many, and you'll be eliminating all the most interesting ones.

Modnats aren't for serious competition anyway.
>>
>>161234440
Crapshoots can be fun.
>>
>>161234601
It would be nice if they were, though. Would be a more serious undertaking.
>>
I read all the required reading starter guides
I do not understand the game still.
I have no idea what I'm meant to be planning out when I play.
at this point I can only handle throwing stacks at other stacks and I'm not sure how important formations are/what a good formation is except the one bit about elephants in the guide

from where I am now everything just looks like arduous trial and error frustration
where is the rest of the starter guide
>>
>>161234671

uh which guides did you read there are no good 'starter guides', do you mean the manual's huge moldering pile of sometimes-wrong information, or do you mean like the guides written on steam by people who don't play MP
>>
>>161234671

this is still the absolute best 'guide' to dominions i've ever seen by far and it was made in dom3: http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/
>>
>>161234671
Honestly you should play a pbem. I mean it does sound like you're probably still short some of the fundamental knowledge required to play but multiplayer is far and away the best learning environment. Plus, people are pretty good about helping out when you have specific questions but will pretty much never answer "wat do".

A few broad ideas to keep in mind:

Expand as much as you can.
You can expand much more than you think you can.
Build forts and labs and recruit a mage every turn in as many forts as possible.
Send messages to your neighbors, ask them what's up.

Things like what spells to research, when to stop researching and bring your mages into combat, and more advanced topics like Thugs are all the sorts of things you can learn by doing and watching how other people beat you.
>>
>>161234835
the guides in the sticky
then I did the bit where I git gud at quick early game expansion
then I am lost because I have no idea what the value of anything in relation to everything else is

buildings? what.
magic? what.
formations? what.
magic items? I understand this! I just have no idea what research to prioritize to craft them
the fucking unit stat screen remains moonspeak to me still

how the fuck do you even start learning this
>>
>>161235009
>buildings? what.
>magic? what.
>formations? what.
Do you even own the game? Open it up and click every button. You'll probably miss a few but still try it. If you lack even the basic language to even discuss the game you need to just expose yourself to all of the concepts the game has. Just click through and read all of the interface. Press '?' on every page, too, and read the hotkeys. Don't worry about comprehending everything yet, just absorb it.
>>
>>161235009

I'm not sure what you're looking at. Do you mean the 'guide to play be email' and the link to the manual?

If you want to understand the specific stats on the unit stat screen, the manual has those, b uried in a million other words. Basically the game uses a RN of 2d6 + [Stat] vs 2d6 + [Stat] for nearly every interaction in the game, and the d6's explode on 6's (roll again and add 6). In reality stuff like attacking requiring three opposed rolls (1 vs weapon length, one Atk vs Def, one Dmg vs Prot) to do damage an whatnot makes it not as simple as it seems.

If you want to know how to play a nation, read a guide to that nation. That will give some basic advice, although half the nation guides are, incredibly awful and written by SP-only players.
>>
>>161234664
I've been PMing the makers of the mods with suggestions based on what I've seen (like the 1d6 bears priest mentioned above)

Problem is that a lot of them seem to have been abandoned
>>
>>161235009

I literally don't know if you're asking how you learn the strategy of the game or if you can't into how to use the UI. Please try to use more english words in a clearer fashion to express your problem, and less memes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679206800

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667432694

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692390381

Those are some guides to magic use, various bits of it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806286923

Here's one to fighting the AI in SP.
>>
>>161235416
Fewer
>>
Do bonus sites work properly with globals? I seem to recall there having been some issue with how extra gems were counted.
>>
>>161235224
just try everything is kinda contradictory to "do not learn from single player" at this point

>>161234997
>>161235230
play by email is a godawful format for learning; is that all the multiplayer community here plays?

>>161235416
I'm saying I have no idea how to juggle all the info the game throws at you all at once to learn
prioritising tasks becomes arduous by the end of the first year
>>
>>161219486
>>161219626

I'll put the link in the game description
>>
>>161236284
>play by email is a godawful format for learning; is that all the multiplayer community here plays?
Yes, other communities like Something Awful prefer direct connexion games though.
>>
>>161236284
Honestly it just sounds like you're impatient. There's probably some mega autists here who picked up the game in an afternoon but everyone I knew just let it sit and percolate for a while. There is a lot of information which can be difficult to wrap your head around but honestly that's the easiest part of the whole thing. Just don't think you should be able to instantly master it.
>>
>>161236716
Direct connection is massively worse for learning in my experience. You just don't have the time to figure stuff out and do research which is a massively important part of the game unless you already have every strategy committed to memory.
>>
>>161236227

They affect basecost only, not overcast.
>>
>>161233520
>The only mitigating factor here is that these bears have upkeep
>upkeep

is not that good then.
i guess he could throw them at someone every turn but you could find a way to defend yoursefl from it.
>>
>>161234671
are you playing singleplayer?

trying to understand guides in single player is impossible as the AI plays nothing like a real player.
you can only test expansion phase(first 12 turns) in SP, using province count, goldcount, when you start a fort as benchmarks.and even in that case AI is not as good as real players
>>
DriftKing Therodos, post your name here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/154641814595242400/?tscn=1480264236 or be removed.
>>
>>161236284
Actually, it's a pretty good format because it gives you time to consider every move, and when you inevitably lose, you have access to every turn you made with which to find out where you went wrong.
>>
>>161236876
>You just don't have the time
It depends on the game. Most are like 25 hour turns.
>>
File: Stormbrood_Falchion_1.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Stormbrood_Falchion_1.png
1KB, 64x64px
Progress continues.

I basically just shrank a sobek and fixed it's posture, but you know.
>>
>>161236876

You're referring to a 'blitz'. Not all direct connection games are blitzes.

>>161236284

PBEM is all people use on domg and the steam forums mostly. Except the /v/anheim steam group, they play 'blitzes', games all in one session instead of 1 turn/day, over direct connect.

Lategame turns can take hours. Generally even the the places that do direct connect only do 1 turn per day / per 2 days /per 3 days as the game goes on.

>juggling info

Focus on killing shit. 'What do I have that kills shit'. If you're not sure what of your shit kills other shit, ask a nation-specific question, and take the answer domg gives you with a grain of salt (thread has baddies who like to answer questions with overly-anal uselessness or bad advice). Mostly, just have scouts, watch battles. Seeing what people and which bits of it work is the best and fastest teacher.

Also join the dom4mods discord, read the discussions there.
>>
>>161237497
by the time the game gets round to finishing or finishing you off as a new player you've usually left to do something more engaging and rewarding though

learning by PBEM means no gratification on a terrible timetable without a real end in sight

for intermediate and advanced players PBEM is definitely the go-to tool to learn but for a beginner it's only going to make you want to play the game less and less.
>>
>>161237856
Eh, look for a blitz in the Steam chat then
>>
>>161237035
Yeah, but I seem to recall something like extra gems between normal base cost and reduced cost not counting toward the overcast. Has that been fixed?
>>
>>161223026
Ideally, by getting rid of the 5 gems per path system. Then you can make some item cost 7 gems instead of 10, for example.
>>
>>161232605
The clear outline of the spook contrasts with ragged lines on the spook remover. Either do the former or the latter.
>>
>>161238263
if we could code away the shitty illfraud limitations clearly we could do many more things, including creating new kind of weapon brands.
>>
>>161238692
What are you talking about? You can already make a brand with the effect you want.
>>
One thing I've been wanting a lot in Dominions 4 is for commanders to play a larger role in the actual combat. It's just a bit lame to me that the best option is to always have him scripted to hold position way behind your lines, and then he runs in and gets killed sometimes and totally ruins everything. It makes perfect sense that it's that way I'm just not a fan. I also don't know a great alternative. Maybe buff regular national commanders up to near-thug levels so you could let them wade into combat without much fear? They probably still wouldn't be worth recruiting over a mage, and I'm not sure I'd even want to go that far.

Non-modable options, pipe-dream style, include a morale bonus for a squad if their commander is in combat with them and improved AI so the commander doesn't sit all alone in his own square adjacent to 9 heavy infantry and get instantly killed once he reaches the lines. Plus better/smarter routing and probably something along the lines of the surgery skill from Mount and Blade. Basically a "killed" unit would have a chance of miraculously surviving near-fatal wounds and survives the battle, though with a high chance of affliction. The fluff would be that the units, seeing their beloved and heroic commander struck down, grab his body and mount a fighting retreat to get him to some medic or whatever. If you wanted to go even further you could have it so the chance of the commander being pulled out depends on the remaining morale of his surviving units; a disorganized militia is likely to disperse at random but well trained elite troops would have the discipline to keep things together even without a commander.
>>
>>161239408
Organized retreat, to allow hit-and-run armies, would be fun.
>>
>>161239408
>Non-modable options, pipe-dream style, include a morale bonus for a squad if their commander is in combat with them
Giving him a weapon that autocasts a morale boost spell with range 0 and decent AoE would probably do the trick for this one.
>>
>>161239408
>>161239757
Or they could give more of them bows or something.
>>
>>161239795
Oh hey yeah that sounds like a totally feasible, if a bit clunky and inelegant, solution.
>>
>>161238384
Pay me and I'll put some effort into it.
>>
>>161218695
If you're just going to do blood stuff you don't need those provinces. 44 and 45 should be enough, as they have more population and income than 22 and 13, so just fort them and get to bloodhunting. If you're planning to take 22 or 13, you'll cut me off from my throne. We don't want that to happen.

Also, Grey still has defenceless provinces to the north, just go and take them.
>>
>>161241221
Okay. What game are you in?
>>
>>161241404
MokouIsHot, Old Hag in Sexy Adult Lingerie. I accept both gold and rape dollars since Atlantis pulled the good old "send fake extra underwater pretenders, acquire real extra underwater provinces" trick.
>>
>>161241352
I need the money for more mages so I can do more blood stuff. Plus Its the only province that I can recruit actually good units out of. I cant even afford to pay the dudes I already have never mind put up forts, while you can easily set a fort up on the throne.
>>
>>161241919
>>161241352
A throne you dont even own yet I might add.
>>
>>161242141
I will own it next turn. You can also take white's northern province if you feel like it.
>>
>>161230048
Nemedians and then Morrigans are pretty core to Fomoria, my dude.
>>
>>161242187
That water province brings in 133 gold a turn and I need that shit. You can just bust through the province again if you need to get to the throne, just leave a commander and like five guys beside it and retaking it wont even slow you down.
>>
>>161242349
Jesus, alright, take 22. It's not like you can win the game at this point anyway.
>>
File: preview_109_zimbaluia.png (14KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
preview_109_zimbaluia.png
14KB, 640x384px
>>161234285
>Natgen has exploitable mechanics
NationGen can excuse some of that due to its random nature. After all, someone's bound to get an ace if you deal out enough cards. You're kind of fine with that though because everyone's playing with the same dealer and deck.

ModNation games don't have that excuse. Someone sat down, thought that nation over, studied the mod manual, and deliberately coded it that way. That's like playing a poker game where the guy next to you gets to draw from his own deck AND that deck is composed of whatever cards he felt like putting in today.
>>
>>161243485
>mantis units
Jesus, why didn't you make THIS one of the included nations?
>>

Shilling this tbqh
>>
File: 465123.gif (10KB, 94x94px) Image search: [Google]
465123.gif
10KB, 94x94px
! NEW PLAYER GAME !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/154641814595242400/

! NEW PLAYER GAME !
>>
>>161243625
I did though and I ended up picking it for myself after all the other choices had been made.
>>
File: Heller Killer Lorder Master.png (17KB, 188x350px) Image search: [Google]
Heller Killer Lorder Master.png
17KB, 188x350px
>>161243779
>>
>>161244031
Some antique /int/ memes you got there, my man.
>>
>>161244178
I just separated the sprite and named them last thread, dear fellow.
>>
I need a 6 hour extension.
>>
>>161244528
Yeah, but I need turns
>>
File: 23523634.jpg (82KB, 874x1014px) Image search: [Google]
23523634.jpg
82KB, 874x1014px
So, a certain influential political group contacted me, and offered me a respectable sum of money if I tell them where some Dominions 4 players live.

Do you think it's worth it?
>>
>>161244760
You don't know where I live.
>>
>>161244964
I don't need to. They only needed good players ;^)
>>
>>161245047
I''m better than good. I'm an intermediate player with an innovative strategy.
>>
>>161245247
How's your plumbing career treating you, Malakal?
>>
>>161244528
Okay! =)
>>
>>161245348
I just got an industrial contract and I'm looking to hire some more journeymen. Unfortunately it's in a remote area and I won't have time to play Dominions anymore.
>>
>>161245660
watch out for drowners polak
>>
>>161245660
>>161245348
Nice meme. We all know he's a lawyer now.
>>
>>161245785
>We all know he's a lawyer now.
Could you please stop with that shit? It's all fun and games calling him a psychopath or a plumber but that is going too far.
>>
>>161245427
I hope that this meme spreads and people start using that emote with exaggerated friendliness in their games.
>>
>>161245785
Don't insult Malakal like that, please.
>>
>>161245785

Too far, man. Too far.
>>
File: confirmed.png (193KB, 900x798px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.png
193KB, 900x798px
>>161244760
Guys I'm seriously scared right now
>>
>>161245785
Now listen up here, I know that we are on 4chan and calling people niggers and faggots is par on the course but we are a relatively small, insular community. There is nothing to be gained by calling someone a lawyer here.
>>
The idea of a dominions illuminati is, frankly, absurd, and the idea that we would specifically target good players over intermediate players with innovative strategies is equally silly.
>>
>>161241726
Sorry, which trick? My soldiers are all amphibians. I just marched 'em underwater.
>>
>>161241726
What are rape dollars?
>>
Altdorf, can we make a pact here? If I win, i'll focus on murdering Bretonnia and Wood Elves. If you win, focus on murdering Slaanesh. They are terrible people who don't take their fucking turns.
>>
File: 20161127133638_1.jpg (433KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161127133638_1.jpg
433KB, 1920x1080px
>game on sale
>start game
>press end turn once
>this happens
So uh
What
>>
File: 14.jpg (46KB, 525x162px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
46KB, 525x162px
>>161247564
Old meme.
>>
>>161248271
Did you not have opponents?
>>
>>161248535
That's not me who won.
>>
>>161248569
Did you not change the victory conditions or throne settings?
>>
>>161248637
Nope.
>>
>>161248569
Was this turn 1? What map were you using?
>>
>>161248732
Large Random. It was as far as I can tell the very beginning of the game. I was Ermor. I set one guy to be a prophet and started Research, then clicked End Turn and that happened.
>>
>>161248853
Weird. Try another game. I've never seen this happen before.
>>
>>161248853

It is faintly possible that if you had only one AI opponent, the AI pretender design was sufficiently retarded that they got themselves domkilled by an event?
>>
>>161249094
But anon lost. If he'd been playing Mictlan that might have explained it but still. This is puzzling.
>>
for ea caelum, is it worth designing an a5 pretender for the summons? or f2d4?

it is even feasible to get both paths for the nat summons?
>>
>>161249616
There's some chassis you can take at like F2D7 and still have full awesome scales, and the summon you get with it can summon all the other nats.
>>
>>161249616
The astral summons can be a bit tough to get since you don't have astral site searchers. If you do take astral, you'll probably want an awake Kamadhenu and to prioritize provinces that have indy S mages, like crystal amazons and lizards.

For the D summons, I'm fond of the Azi. It's a strong reliable expander with the right paths and a human form that can hold the boosters.

Taking both paths is generally going to require a rainbow pretender, and while taking an awake mage to rush Conj 5 or Conj 3 Evo 5 might be useful, I think that it's usually better to have more provinces to get more mages than to hit the research target a turn earlier while having fewer mages that can take advantage of it.
>>
File: landscape 2.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
landscape 2.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Honestly how do I play any game in LA without feeling sadness or disgust while looking at lore? It's all "we humans came and X race is dying or being human-ized. adapt to our ways or die" and shit
But I fucking hate this about humans
>>
>>161249616
When I played Caelum I just rushed Const 8, summoned a djinn (with my national hero), and got all paths I needed.
>>
>>161248853
Might have been a turn 1 dominion change event. Just try another game and never lower your pretender's dominion below 5.
>>
>>161250838

It's easy.

Play C'tis.
>>
>>161250936
Yeah? You must be real proud of yourself, asshole.
>>
File: pls no bully.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pls no bully.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>161249880
>>161250304
does this look terribad?
>>
>>161251070
9 dominion is overkill, get growth 3 instead.
>>
>>161251070
Just use awake Azi, get 50 provinces in the first year, and you won't even need your national summons, senpai.
>>
File: 546123125.png (122KB, 527x418px) Image search: [Google]
546123125.png
122KB, 527x418px
>>161251049
You bet.

>>161251070
>prod 2
Aiiieiiaiaiieieeeee
>>
>>161251135
>>161251070
There is not a single nation I haven't taken Growth 3 on

Also I'm not sure Caelum needs prod that much.
>>
>>161250838
Atlanteans, after years of exile and adapting to the frozen shore, are reunited to reclaim their ancestral homeland from the evils of R'lyeh.

Also, some of the humans are unambiguously better than their predecessors, like Jomon.

If pro-magic creatures are your thing, then Patala has the apes now working for their snake summons.

>>161251070
yes. you can use a demilich to do what you're trying to do and just hope you get the right indies, but if you're doing an imprisoned guy, you want better scales. You certainly don't need 9 dom. Drop that all the way down to like 6 and get better scales. Growth 3 Order 3 is mandatory, because Caelum loves spending gold on mages and infrastructure for more mages.
>>
>>161251135
but so my reasoning for dom9 was keeping the provinces in cold3, the ice buff most of the troops get from cold provinces is what the troops need to make up for having shitty helmets and hp.

growth3 though you reckon?
>>
>>161251070
>dom9
Do you plan to use sacreds? I thought as much. Lower to like 5-6.

>no growth
Why are you ignoring best scales?

>prod 2
Do you plan to use heavily-armored units? I thought as much. Lower to like -1 or -2 and t-strike people to death with a cover of militia.

Path-wise, I wouldn't bother. As other people said, use awake flyer like Azi with E4 (both for earth stuff in warlock shape and for earth buffs in dragon shape).
>>
>>161251559
You pay too much for dom9 just to try and spread cold scales, when growth is the best money scale. You can expand with a mixture of flying troops and mammoths, anyway.
>>
File: 259060_20161128092847_1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20161128092847_1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>161251668
>>161251591
>>161251276
but then what do i put the last hundred points into if not dom9?
>>
>>161251559
>ice buff
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Ice-clads are shit because they have only 2 map move, and even with dom9 you won't be able to move your dominion to the enemy with heat 3 like C'tis, Abysia or what have you/ Your troops are for expansion and raiding. You're going to win mid-game by evospamming, period. There's almost no nation that can rival Caelum in mid-game faggotry (besides elves maybe).

>>161251797
Why the fuck do you need an immobile shitty caster anyway? Give me a minute, and I'll make you a game-winning expander that can do the same thing even better.
>>
>>161251913
>I'll make you a game-winning expander that can do the same thing even better.
either a5 or d4f2 or both is what im looking for.

i'm summoning those fucking nat summons, i swear to allah
>>
>>161251913
I too prefer awake expanders, but an imprisoned scales build for Caelum is still ok

>>161251797
Scales. Magic 3 Luck 1 gets you some extra gem events and prod 1 helps you get some more elephants in the first few turns
>>
>>161215717
It's permanently in a state of "waiting for Lambert to make the map".
>>
File: file.png (619KB, 760x705px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
619KB, 760x705px
>>161252020
Wow, that was really fucking hard, my man.

Craft skull staff + burning skull (15 death and 5 fire gems), BOOM, D4F2 (in humanoid shape).

Craft starshine skullcap (10 pearls), BOOM, S5 for amesha spenta.
>>
>>161252210
Yeah, if you don't like misfortune 2 (manageable with order 3), use either M1D1 or lower order by 1 point.
>>
>>161252210
>>161252306
That's what I'd do because I don't like Misfortune 2. I don't like it a lot.
>>
File: file.png (699KB, 783x622px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
699KB, 783x622px
>>161252210
And 3 heads.

THREE.

HEADS.
>>
File: 259060_20161128093756_1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20161128093756_1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>161252210
okay i see your point
but
counter offer
>>
>>161248569
git gud
>>
>>161252020
>a5
You can get that on your Eagle Kings.

>>161252551
>heat 1
U W0T
>>
>>161252641
He means S5
>>
File: 701.jpg (26KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
701.jpg
26KB, 400x562px
>>161252551
>>
>>161252641
>heat 1
oh yeah, fuck
>>
>>161252641
I N N O V A T I O N
>>
I fucking love watching new players blunder at pretender creation.
>>
>>161252210
Doesn't order 3 have a detrimental effect on units with chaos power?
>>
>>161252954
Yes, and it doesn't matter at all.

Indies are going to die due to dragon breath, and conquest wars are going to be fought in enemy dominion anyway.
>>
File: 259060_20161128094515_1.png (1012KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20161128094515_1.png
1012KB, 1366x768px
>>161252940
you can name him if you'd like.
>>
>>161252954
When you're expanding, if you're even hitting provinces in friendly dom, the order hasn't had a chance to kick in. After expansion, you really don't care that you D mage has slightly lower attack and defense.
>>
>>161253063
He's not optimal. So that's what I'd name him.
Neither Innovative Nor Optimal

You can call him Nino for short.
>>
>Pangaea
what the fuck do I research
Also Cenatur Commander has Inspirational -1, does it mean troops are actually more likely to flee? What the fuck, does he abuse the Maenads during battle or some shit?
>>
>>161253063
Intermediate God of Innovative Strategies.
>>
>>161253171
Rush Mother Oak as always.

Win early wars with sacreds.

Kill the very first mage nation you'll see.
>>
>>161253168
alright lemmie get my non broken keyboard so he can have capitals in his name at least

dominions doesnt support ctrl paste or alt code numbers.
>>
>>161253171
Alteration and enchantment
Centaur commanders have -1 inspiration because they're too civilised
>>
>>161253171
Alt 5 for Mother Oak and Wooden Warriors, with swarm and earth meld coming along the way. Ench 3 for SoG is good, Conj 3 for earthpower and 5 for earth elementals is good. Cons 4 gives your boosters and dousing rods for blood. Evo isn't great until Stream of Life / Storm of Thorns so that's something you want when you have a lot of mages to charge up the magic levels and already have your buffs. Blood is similarly end-game for Pan, since while you have hunters, they aren't cheap and even if you've been spamming out Pandemoniacs nonstop as MA Pan or churning out pans over dryad as EA, your blood income won't be all that great and you may want to empower some seduced D mages to get vampires or something along those lines. If you need magic weapons, Lamias in conj and fiends of darkness in blood are great troops when buffed and you have great buff paths.
>>
>>161253570
So it's actually because he doesn't abuse the maenads enough, then?
>>
>>161253653
Only abuses them in the missionary position with the lights turned off and under the sheets with hand holding
>>
>>161253653
The maenads want both the whip and the dick and the Centaur commanders aren't giving them either. You can try to remedy the situation by equipping the commander with the whip that gives a command bonus, but I doubt it will give inspirational bonus because his heart isn't in it.
>>
File: 259060_20161128101022_1.png (879KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20161128101022_1.png
879KB, 1366x768px
so one last question
how come i have 4 death in the creator, but only 3 death in the viewer?
>>
>>161255001

Sounds like a bug to me.
>>
>>161255001
Dragon shape has path penalty. Change shape and craft shit in warlock shape.
>>
>>161253626
>>161253570
>>161253308
Okay thanks
By the way these guys' units are all about making huge hordes at low costs right? The Satyr hoplites and Centauride archers do their job fine but the average centaur doesn't seem better than an indie light infantry
>>
>>161255076
Ahh sweet, should be all good then.
>>
>>161255229
No, they're all about picking a good bless and steamrolling everything with your sacreds.

Pans spawn free maenad chaff for you, no need to recruit more chaff.
>>
>>161255229

For low cost, substitute "Free". Maenads are pretty nice, for freespawn chaff.

Mostly because Growing Fury immediately makes berserk anything which already has the berserker tag, so you can have some N2 Dryad with a Thistle Mace and a couple N gems cast it and then retreat.

This immediately puts all of your Berserking shit into Berserk, and doesn't risk your actual useful mages getting pushed into melee.
>>
>>161250838
Funny, I love that about humans.
>>
>>161255337
>>161255229
If you actually have the money for it then revellers can be a good fill, but yeah bless-heavy Centaurs is where it's at, they shred everything.
>>
>>161255229
Oh, MA Pan?

Okay, so the go-to thing used to be revellers. Now that they're undisciplined they're way less good. Still worthwhile, but noticeably worse especially when you're trying to buff them since the positioning is awkward and you're wasting squares. I've been trying out Centaur Warriors (the lightly armored lance guys) and they seem good, but they're WAY more expensive than the revellers. They're basically medium cav with superhuman strength, hp, and berserking. Revellers are still be more efficient and 6 attacks/square is no joke, but I've found them less awkward to use with buff mages.

Everyone else has already pointed this out, but - the best unit you have by far is your white centaur, especially with W9. N9 is still okay and W9N9 is crazy good, but regardless of how deep you want to go with your bless, you definitely want something. Bless them, kill your enemies with them. I've killed thugs with them unbuffed and rolled over attempts to skellyspam them because they just hit that hard.
>>
>>161255636
t. human scum
the world was better before you arrived
>>
>>161256078
Maybe.
But now it's better for me.
>>
>>161256161
>not realizing that in wiping out monsters, you eliminated the common enemy, and humans made of their own race the enemy
>>
>>161255636
Same. I also like the unbridled decadence and blood sacrifice that defines the age.
>>
File: 1469648677821.jpg (771KB, 1150x989px) Image search: [Google]
1469648677821.jpg
771KB, 1150x989px

4 more needed if anyone wants an EA game.

Skellingtoms always related
>>
>>161257872
I wouldn't say decadence. It's less decadent than stuff like Hinnom or even Berytos or Ur
>>
>>161258175
What did Ur do that was so decadent?
>>
>>161244760
I dont explain the boots and cloak. Is it just for stealth bonuses?
>>
>LA, the decadent age
>Pangaea is literally the least decadent they've ever been and are "civilizing" to be more like humans.

Denied.
>>
>>161258576
They have this extravagant wedding ritual that then literally defines the fertility for the realm (+growth if it goes well, death if something goes wrong).
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (240KB, 992x791px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
240KB, 992x791px
Have you voted yet /domg/?
>>
>>161259353
>>
>>161259353
redpill me on steam awards /domg/
>>
>>161258914
>becoming more like humans
>good
pick one
>>
>>161259865
He didn't say good, he said less decadent.Then again, I guess literacy isn't something you savages encourage.
>>
>>161260049
>literacy
>good
pick one
us beastmen and monsters don't need to worry about shit like this. We eat and paint walls all day, while banging hot warrior centaurides, nymphs of godly beauty and your wifes too if we feel like it
>meanwhile humans write about their fanfiction on parchments
>>
>3 hour turn
I hate late-game.
>>
File: 20161127223653_1.jpg (334KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161127223653_1.jpg
334KB, 1920x1200px
I voted dominions 4 for "best use of a farm animal"
>>
>>161262361
>one cast of Charm Animal later
>>
File: file.png (133KB, 812x192px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
133KB, 812x192px
pure bliss
>>
>>161262361
what is this
>>
>>161262576
Fuck is this
>>
>>161262576
>defense plus seven
>awww
>>
>>161262643
The game that Malakal lost.
>>
Omens Waiting for 2h file
Sesgorice 2h file received
Caevie Waiting for 2h file
Per-en 2h file received
Zimbaluia Waiting for 2h file
Vittammen 2h file received
Aoisapoka 2h file received
Sithis 2h file received
Tisor 2h file received
Murmar 2h file received
Nadasunsa 2h file received

Remember, last race to get their turn is confirmed undesirable and must be removed.
>>
>>161262361
The regen comes from the ring, and the fear from death magic, but what does it get the invulnerability from? Seeing it has no fatigue and no reinvig, it's unlikely to be from a spell.
>>
>>161263257
I think wishing for power gives you that.
>>
File: NulnSwitch.png (243KB, 763x291px) Image search: [Google]
NulnSwitch.png
243KB, 763x291px
Was the Bretonnia problem in Memes_for_the_Meme_throne ever fixed?
>>
>>161262643

Looks like W9N9 with Thrones of Earth, Splendour, and whatever that one with +3 Def is.
>>
>>161260530
Too bad beastmen and monsters will die and the GLORIOUS MANKIND will take their place.
>>
>>161263257
It cast invulnerability and soul drain, so no fatigue
>>
Somebody make a new thread soon. I'd do it myself but I'm doing my turns right now.
>>
>>161264469
I'd do that, but the illuminati threaten to kill my family.
>>
>>161264526
>>161264469
I'd do it but I am getting domkilled by Ermor.
>>
New dread >>161265061
>>
>>161263914
>implying humanity won't self destruct
>>
>>161262576
DELET
>>
>>161253063
Cirno you need to go
>>
new bread pls
Thread posts: 767
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.