[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 820
Thread images: 165

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Last time on /dsg/: >>160974215
>>
File: Skeleton.jpg (33KB, 353x355px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton.jpg
33KB, 353x355px
Need to move some rings between characters
PS4
>>
File: Stone_Greatsword.png (731KB, 976x513px) Image search: [Google]
Stone_Greatsword.png
731KB, 976x513px
>Stone Greatshield in game
>no Stone Greatsword with TWoP weapon skill
>no TWoP miracle

Considering how heavily DaS3's combat system relies on rollspam, would TWoP single-handedly save Faith builds?
>>
File: prisc.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
prisc.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>>161025850
Hello Lucy how are you feeling today?
>>
>use tears of denial in arena
>some dude procs it
>he's at low HP himself
>he starts playing super defensively
>go behind a pillar and recast the buff

Is this considered dirty or something because they always seem to lose their shit when I do it. You give me the space, so why not?
>>
>>161026090
>Quickstep becomes meta
I kind of want this.
>>
>More than halfway through DS2

It's fucking shit. Level design and art direction in general is terrible compared to DS1.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>161026216
Lucy why did you ignore my post, you're being very rude.
>>161026093
>>
>>161026090
twop would save everything, including ultras
>>
>>161026060
g-guys ?
>>
File: crossbreed chinkzilla.jpg (4KB, 107x143px) Image search: [Google]
crossbreed chinkzilla.jpg
4KB, 107x143px
enb and parries
enb and parries
go together like his wife and miscarriage
this, I tell you brot-her
he had one kid but will never have a-nother!
>>
>>161026093
Great. You posted a Prissy pic I didn't have, and made things even better. Thanks.
>>
How does the arena badge thing work? Does it affect matchmaking?

Did a bunc hof matches and now I have a red badge instead of black. What's it do? Can others see this and it's just a bragging thing?
>>
>>161026035

please respond
>>
File: 20161124155646_1.jpg (448KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124155646_1.jpg
448KB, 1920x1080px
>>161026035
I believe it has to be human in nature, but I know it 100% will work on the drakeblood knights in archdragon peek.
>>
I have probably ganked you, and I'm sorry.
Let me preface this by saying I don't consider myself a PvPer. Coming from someone who has a background in competitive multiplayer, the "balance" and mechanics of the PvP aspect of the Souls games has always been a joke to me. When I am competing against other people, I want to play something where the better player always wins. There's nothing here for me.
But I have always loved, and spent hundreds of hours on, the PvE. I like to level as high as possible, and I enjoy multiple playthroughs, trying new things and getting better every time. That's where the game shines for me most.
That said, it can get a bit drab. I like to keep things fresh through jolly cooperation. Here's the part where me ganking you comes into play.
While trying to farm souls, it is common for me to get summoned into the infamous gank squad. In truth, I'd prefer to clear the level and fight the boss, but I cannot control my host's intentions.
So I am left with the choice to BC out, wait another 10-30 minutes for a summon, and hope the next host isn't a ganker. Not exactly a worthwhile time investment, considering you invaders are often worth far more souls than the PvE encounters in the area will yield.
So I stick it out. You get summoned in, my host and I murder you as quickly and efficiently as possible, and I collect my delicious souls from your defiled corpse.
This activity appears to be frowned upon in the community. "I want to invade someone else's game, disrupt their progress and I expect them to be honorable about it." No, lol, fuck you. I'm going to use every opportunity to cheese, annoy, and frustrate you until I make you dead, and quite frankly, you can suck it.
I used to feel differently. I would not participate in the combat if the odds were stacked in our favor, not use Estus before you do, try to play the "right" way as arbitrarily determined by a collective of tryhards who believe that their way to play the game is the only way.
>>
>>161026138
Fire surge can be used with base stats and if enough to kill anyone with ToD. Pyro flames weight nothing as well. There's no excuse to not have one attuned for free
>>
>>161026216
Development hell happened.
Where do these newfags keep coming from that keep asking the same questions? Go through the archives, people have posted the tragic story of DaS2's development cycle dozens of times.

tl;dr the original director, Shibuya, had no idea what the fuck he was doing, and with Bamco breathing down From's neck Tanimura was brought in to cobble together some semblance of a game with what disconnected bits they had ready.
The visuals being weak is a direct result of Bamco pressuring From to target ancient PS3/360 hardware at the end of those consoles' lifecycles instead of the PS4 and Xbone, which resulted in significant visual downgrades from the initial more visually pleasing Network Test version as consoles could not run the game over like 5 fps.
>>
>>161026525
But sometime between DeS/early DS1 and now, you have become too difficult to appease, too entitled, too arrogant. You have also diversified. You have begun to employ every cheap trick in the book yourselves, you prey on the weak, and you often violate your own "rules" when push comes to shove.
The point of no return came, for me, about a week after the release of this game.
My wife had never played a Souls game, but I convinced her to buy this one, because we could play through it together. Then came Halfway Fortress. Where you pieces of shit relentlessly and unforgivingly disrupted our jolly cooperation for the better part of 6 hours.
Two or three of you were "honorable." The rest of you ran away when losing, hid behind the crabs and the NPCs, harassed us with arrows and other projectiles and quite frankly made our time spent in this zone my absolute worst experience in Souls game to date. Where is your honor now?
Sure, you can blame our incompetence. If we could just "git gud" we could easily handle an invader or two, right?
Sure. Problem is that the invasions were nonstop. If we did kill 2 or 3 of you, you were replaced immediately by usually more cancerous versions of yourself. My wife nearly quit the game altogether, because at this point this experience had made up the majority of her total time spent playing. This is what she thought Dark Souls was. Can you imagine if your first experience in this brutal, one-of-a-kind franchise was nonstop gankery?
tl;dr Fuck you, I don't play this game to please you. But as a longtime veteran of the franchise, I do understand and recognize there are a very small minority of players who have remained honorable from the beginning until now. Unfortunately, I have probably ganked you, and I'm sorry. I hope you understand.
>>
>duel against Knight Artorias
>spams combustion and wears the fallen knight armor and gargoyle spear
uh
>>
>>161027257
>Duel against Black K***t
>Unzips CCS when losing
>>
>>161026525
>>161026814
I'm sorry invaders ruined the experience for you, and I'm sorry for everyone else acting like children in the posts. I want to tell you something. /vg/ is a very niche community. We are very small, and the actual ds community is better defined on youtube and twitch. What we say here is not accurate to how actual players invade or act. Many of those invaders probably never even heard of this general.
Invaders aren't honorable, anyone who acts honorable is risking their skin. How many times do you think someone is going to trust a host to not kill them? The answer is not many. And why should hosts trust invaders? They are probably going to kill them, anyway.
Most people who are talking about ganking are simply frustrated, as you are right now. They were blowing it out of there ass, so to speak.
You're playing a gank zone, it's where people gank on both sides. You basically walked into a free-fire zone.
Unfortunately, this is Dark Souls. It's a difficult game, and slightly cancerous. If you don't want to be a dick while ganking, just don't bow or use rude gestures.
You're ganking, but you're not a ganker.
Just a jolly cooperator.
Ignore the asshats.
May the flames guide thee.
>>
>>161026531

Throwing daggers weigh LITERALLY nothing.
>>
Where do I apply the curse status id in the table?
>>
>>161027819
Do you honestly expect help with that? Kys
>>
>>161027723
Shields though. Surge is completly uncounterable if you're nearby. And even a shield will let through more damage than you can regen in time.
>>
>>161025203
I too just bought a ps4 and bloodborne but its not here yet ;_;
1. All stats are worth something. level vitality though, especially on a first run
2. I dunno, i threaded cane is a meme
3. Just get it now
4. Know the difference between Kos and Kosm
>>
Okay, fill me in here. I wanna invade in undead settlement with poisonous stuff. What should I grab throughout the game? Ghru straightsword with poison infusion since it's low level? Ghru spear with poison resin? What class should I start with? I was thinking thief just so I can bleed those early bosses
>>
>>161027891
I'm done with russian cheaters fucking me up. It's payback time.
>>
>>161026525

I don't mind gankers, actually I prefer them as long as they don't use a seed, since duels became too easy and boring for me. I really enjoy me + mobs vs. a host and 3 phantoms or whatever they want to do.

Just don't get mad when my character is completely twinked out and slaps your shit. If you're a blue like it sounds like, you are probably bad (just based on experience), but if you're one of those SL420 password summons when I'm invading at SL30-60 then go fuck yourself.
>>
>>161028024
Then learn it yourself
>>
>>161028047
Teach me, I know you want to.
>>
>>161028037
>responding to pasta
>>
>>161028164
Yeah that's what you just did.
>>
File: 4353533.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
4353533.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>Arena
>Dude starts up with a lol2scythe WA r1 combo
>Jumps directly into my Profaned GS fully charged r2
>1142 damage
>He just curls up
>>
Bandai Namco posted a new video for DaS III for Black Friday...

Check https://youtu.be/EsrxiWKWiuQ?t=23s

Notice anything? Lazy hacks.
>>
File: Kos Parasite.webm (3MB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
Kos Parasite.webm
3MB, 768x384px
Do you think we'll get proper transformation in DLC2?
>>
>>161028334
let's just hope not
>>
>>161028152
I don't, it's easy and this is the same reason we got a fuckton of posts after the banwave complaining about CE getting them b&. It's really easy and simply if you make a tad bit of effort
>>
>>161028164

Doesn't matter if it's pasta, just gives me a platform to make my point anyways.
>>
>>161028327
>that music
>"The most erotic experience of my life"
- pewdiepie
>that reused footage
what a painfully soulless trailer
i blame Bamco
>>
>>161028334
arent there two transformations in BB?
Are either of them fun to play with?
>>
>>161028493
The script to protect against the curse isn't working. I want to know how to apply curse effect to a selected weapon
>>
>>161028327
Fuck, and https://youtu.be/EsrxiWKWiuQ?t=50s too.

Both bonfire sacrifice and a Volnir that's not in a pitch black slope. That's a disappointment bingo.
>>
Do you guys think healbuffing/healembering will ever be patched?

I mean, tumblebuffing is still in the game despite meme streamers abusing it, so why not keep this too? It's the only way my waifu twindaggers will ever be viable.
>>
>>161028591
Pls.
>>161024063
>>
>>161028327
>>161028603
0:23 and 1:50
>>
>>161028665
That shit is just a list of the ids, doesn't show how to apply said ID to weapon
>>
>>161028569
Kos parasite is fun and strong and can even be used for twinking. Claws are fun as well but bad and arguably worse than the form without the transformed mode
>>
>>161028743
You shouldn't be trying to hack unless you know what you are doing and how it works.
>>
>>161028825
>>161028591
>>
>>161028936
We don't need more script kiddies that don't know what they are doing and are just cursing people left and right running around.

I always verify that they are hacking and have modified their pointers before I curse them. I'm sorry but I won't tell you how to apply it, only give you the tools to figure it out.
>>
File: derriere ravager.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
derriere ravager.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>161028569
claws are absolute dogshit which is unfortunately because they look cool
>>
>>161029027
Russian scum
>>
>quakestone hammer weapon art
>can not be interrupted by enemy greathammer 2h r1 attacks because of strong poise, and is in itself an attack

>perserverance
>even with this buff on, enemy greathammer attacks will stagger you
>but it's not even attack, its sole purpose is poise

Why?
>>
If you kill Sirris, will she drop the silvercat ring?
I want to switch get the obscuring ring, but don't want to wait until I help her fight.
>>
>>161028936
>>161029027
>>161029087
Actually tell you what, I'll tell you exactly how to do it.

P->7FF5A293A620+40 = 33

If you can figure out what I just posted then you can curse people at will.
>>
I just finished Pontiff, what chime/talisman should I be using for chucking lightning and buffing right hand weapon? Any unique ones I can get this far in?
>>
File: 1467850231856.jpg (129KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1467850231856.jpg
129KB, 730x1095px
>>161026425
What do you even get out of this, man?
Sure,he's a lying sellout but do you honestly think making fun of his kids dying is anything but edgy(the word is overused but it deffo applies here) and childish. Are you the rehab anon who used to stalk his youtube and tell people he was recovering from drug addiction? That shit's more autistic than what Darkwraith Kirk was doing but at least actually fooling people he was in rehab was more funny than making jabs at his dead kids which is just entry-tier edge.

Yes, he shilled and lied about Dark Souls 2. Get over it man, it was 2 years ago and us Fromdrones would've bought it anyway.
>>
>>161029163
>spoonefeeding retards and enabling even more script kiddies
>>
>>161029301
Script kiddies don't know what I just posted or even how to use it. I'm 100% confident that what I posted will not be able to be used by anyone except people that already know how to do it.
>>
Is Vordts hammer the meta shitter greathammer or something? I'm doing extremely well with it in the arena atm
>>
>>161029245
sunlight talisman for chucking bolts because with the WA it has the best poise (basically you can cast shit without being interrupted by being attacked), yorshka's chime has the highest spell buff so it's the best for weapon buffs like lightning blade. You can get both at this point in the game, google it.
>>
>>161027629
>Sure, I'll have to do it on my meta level build though. That webm was SL30 +3.

Thanks
>>
>>161029361
Vordt, Morne's, Quakestone and Spiked Mace are the meta hammers
>>
Whats the edgiest armor set in DS2?
>>
>>161029146
If you kill Sirris I kill you.
>>
>>161029448
You're waifu is a slut.
>>
>>161029384
are you asking him to kill the game's only good waifu?
>>
>>161029472
*Your
>>
>>161029407
>no Pickaxe
>no Great Club

What's even so good about Bort's hammer? Greathammers don't really need Perseverence, and Kekstone/Morne have better versions anyway.
>>
File: DaS2 Character.jpg (211KB, 843x919px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 Character.jpg
211KB, 843x919px
>>161029437
>>
>>161029472
SHE IS AS PURE AS THE MOON AND I WILL SCATTER YOUR ASHES TO THE FOUR CORNERS OF LOTHRIC IF YOU EVER SPEAK RUDELY ABOUT HER AGAIN.
>>
File: 1402958688759.png (72KB, 366x231px) Image search: [Google]
1402958688759.png
72KB, 366x231px
>all normal frosbite weaponry emits a weak sound which is almost impossible to hear due to game's ambiance
>friede's great scythe emits a constant loud as fuck hissing that sounds like you have a fucking tinnitus
is it possible to somehow remove this shit from the game alongside constant annoying sound from tears of denial? for a headphone user this shit is annoying beyond any reason
>>
>tfw you anally annihilate a true Guts cosplayer and feel kinda bad
>>
>>161029163
type?
>>
>>161029579
Shit that's right I forgot the GC and LC existed for a second. Vordt's is outclassed but generic
>>
>>161029437
Forlorn.
>>
File: flipman.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
flipman.webm
3MB, 853x480px
ridiculous recovery time
>>
File: Friede.png (413KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Friede.png
413KB, 1280x720px
>There are people in this thread that actually like Friede
Trash
>>
Tier list time!
God-tier:
>Lobosjr
>Otzdarva
>Emarrel
>Youtube ENB

Heyguyswhatsgoingon-tier:
>jblackmel

High tier:
>Zulliethewitch
>Crestfallen
>Illusorywall
>SunLightBlade
>lb
>ThePruld
>Menaslg
>Scasblog
>Krekk0v
>PvPskillz
>VaatiVidya

Normie tier:
>PewDiePie
>DSP

Decent-tier:
>Twitch ENB
>Sanadks
>Peeve
>rbFrosty
>Oroboro
>d invader
>Enisle
>Ippiki9
>Iron Pineapple
>OnlyMeme
>Merisdks
>A German Fedora

Low tier:
>Scottjund(earlier he would've been in decent tier but now he's just a memer struggling to stay relevant)

Embarrassment to /dsg/-tier:
>Bigmoose1985
>Darkwraith Kirk

Guttertrash-tier:
>Rest of the Soulbrandt faggots
>Yukaslegion
>>
>>161030373
Serves them right for doing stupid anime attacks
>>
>Successfully outmeme Freide's Scythe with the composite bow and dark sword
I didn't know how much that bow would help until I used it.
>>
>>161030373

It would be could if you could keep doing the attack until your stamina runs out, like Artorias
>>
File: 1467146772751.gif (758KB, 336x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467146772751.gif
758KB, 336x200px
Can all weapons do a headshot because I just poked someone in the head with a charged attack from ASG and did 1,1k dmg(with Leo) or is that normal dmg?
>>
File: kek.jpg (30KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
30KB, 292x257px
>>161030802
it would be awesome
imagine animu flipping someones face three times in a row
>>
>>161029862
You know, I kinda realized this on my Guts build today :

Even though Dark Souls is Berserk as fuck, it's still very hard to get in the proper mood cosplaying as Guts since the game doesn't flow like a game befitting a Berserk story should, nor does it really have character interaction. So it's kind of hard to keep trying to find justification for as to why Guts would be in a setting like say Lordran. I think Dark Souls feels the more 'Berserk' the less you're trying to roleplay it as 'Berserk' and focus on playing your own character that might resemble Berserk characters but fitted within the framework of the Soulsborne settings.
>>
Just beat DaS 2. Bretty gud but not as good as DaS 1. Still not sure what Aldia wanted in the end. I take it the Throne of Want is somehow directly connected to the Kiln of the First Flame which is why Drangleic can be all super special?

Anyway, gonna start DaS 3 soon. What am I in for? Any particular things I should know up front (like how in DaS 1 you should never ever ever level Resistance)?
>>
>>161031038

Souls is also too slow, even Dark Souls 3. Guts is crazy fast and it doesn't take him half an hour to swing his word. Musou is actually the correct speed but the game probably sucks.
>>
File: 1465913956889.jpg (69KB, 354x298px) Image search: [Google]
1465913956889.jpg
69KB, 354x298px
Why are most invaders shit ? Like, blackcrystal out of 1v1 when losing shit
>>
I give up. I can't beat the princes, nameless king or friede .
>>
>>161029437
Tied between Forlorn, Dark set, and Raime's set.
>>
>>161030439

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxrnYRZf_g
>>
>>161031170
well I don't think I need to tell you not to level up Luck. the npc questlines are also more complicated this time around. like solaire in ds1, but much worse. worry about doing them "right" on your second playthrough instead of reading the wiki nonstop, but if you want to go faith/miracles for your first run, don't give any dark tomes or buy dark miracles from Irina.
>>
What does /dsg/ think of the Man Serpent Hatchet?
>>
>>161031170
>What am I in for?
A more direct sequel to DS1.
Demon's/BB style combat
Game speed is significantly faster
Rolls and heals are kinda overpowered
Level design is good except for the number of bonfires, there are too much
More linear game but better presentation
Very good bosses
>>
>>161031473
Thanks Anon.

>>161031514
>A more direct sequel to DS1.
Mixed feelings there.

>Demon's/BB style combat
I've played neither. What does this mean?

>Game speed is significantly faster
>Rolls and heals are kinda overpowered
Don't think I like the sound of these. But if the level design and bosses are at least as good as DaS 1's I'm sure I'll still love it.
>>
>>161025941
don't forget that silver knights also have small heads and long necks
>>
How can you make a MUSCLE WIZARD face?
>>
>>161032090
So they're all descended from that aspect of Gwyn maybe?
>>
>No 1v2 duel mode
1v1 is too easy honestly
>>
>>161031718

DaS3 has the best PvP in the series, for whatever that's worth. It's not perfect of course but I've been playing for over 500 hours and still love doing invasions regularly at various SL's, mostly SL60 +6 and below with plans to try out SL70 +8 to see if it's still in the okay fun zone or if it bleeds into "people are assholes and cheating is rampant" territory like SL120+ invasions (especially aldrich). This is PC I'm talking about here though so if you're on PS4 or whatever then you don't have to worry about cheating at all.

Arena is great because it's just incredibly fast and things are actually limited by design. What I mean is before the DLC I spent hundreds of hours doing SL120 meta level 1v1 duels at pontiff, and people could sometimes be shitters and someone who summons you could start chugging estus on you or gank you with phantoms and there wasn't much you could do about it but simply deal with it or leave. You can't pull that sorta shit (excluding cheat engine shit of course) in the Arena. The Arena also allows for a variety of different PvP modes, from 1v1's to FFA's to team battles with limited or no healing.

That said I and a lot of other people prefer low-mid level invasions, just more fun and challenging that way. Ideally I like me and mobs vs. a host and his phantoms, at least for SL60 +6 and below you almost never run into seed of the giant tree (makes mobs attack you instead of ignore you).

I'll be honest and tell you I haven't played the old souls games yet, just DaS3, but I've played it since release (taking a break for a few months before the DLC came out) and I still love it, it's my main game that I dump a lot of time in. So there's that.
>>
>>161032318
It's called the "Red Eye Orb" mode. You have to do a secret mission and beat a miniboss to be able to unlock it.
>>
>>161031170
Shit invasions, hope you never bothered with those. Invaders are free Estus refills in this one, be happy if you get one.
>>
File: 374320_20161125002527_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20161125002527_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck is going on. Never seen this before.
>>
>>161032194
Strong jaw, aged look, bald, maybe some mystic-y tats and a lot of tweaking

>>161032550
Happens sometimes, just warp to and from
>>
>faggot in arena does nothing but rollattacking my UGS swings
>can't punish it because it staggers me even with 50 poise, so I have to roll out of it
>take him up to the pillar
>he tries doing it because it's literally all he knows how to do
>falls off
>plunge attack his spastic ass
>ded

works everytime. Why are people in the arena so scared of attacking, yet they will do that kind of thing without thinking?
>>
>>161032550
A-Team
>>
File: 1392652414017.png (21KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1392652414017.png
21KB, 180x204px
>>161032358
>DaS3 has the best PvP in the series
>I haven't played the old souls games yet
>>
>>161031170
The worst invasions in the series, but pretty good duels. I guess Reddit won.

An extremely linear world but decent stage design. You might like it if you ever played Demon's Souls, or dislike it if you were really into DaS1.

Shit weapon variety, most weapons have 1-2 "best" ones within a class, and the DLCs seem to be barely helping. There's also literally no reason to go for any build other than Quality (40/40 Str/Dex) due to From being shit at balancing infusions.

Okay but ultimately forgettable music.

Lots of enemies that go REEEEEEEEEEEEEE because dude Bloodborne lmao.
>>
>>161032550
>He doesn't have DLC2
>>
>>161032734
>DLC is described as being 'horror themed'
>it's just a bunch of birds screeching when you walk past them
sasuga memeazaki
>>
>We will never get Banish miracle again
>>
File: 1445670392141.gif (657KB, 191x381px) Image search: [Google]
1445670392141.gif
657KB, 191x381px
>>161032358
>I'll be honest and tell you I haven't played the old souls games yet, just DaS3
>>
>>161031718
>What does this mean?
The "fast" roll is now the default and has a very generous equip weight. The game is also balanced for that mechanic in mind so enemies will be more aggressive.

Dark Souls 3 also has "visceral" attacks from Bloodborne which means that when a boss or a big enemy gets staggered, you can do a riposte-like critical attack on them. Bosses also change phases more than they did in the older games.

>level design
Eh, individual levels can be kinda good, but the level network is a significant step down from DaS1 and even 2 was better in some regards. They shit out too many bonfires at the player like there was a problem in DaS2.
>>
File: 1445363181629.png (300KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445363181629.png
300KB, 500x500px
>>161032358
>DaS3 has the best PvP in the series, for whatever that's worth
>I'll be honest and tell you I haven't played the old souls games yet, just DaS3
>>
File: pussyfoot.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
pussyfoot.webm
3MB, 852x480px
so i realise that it's a 40 second webm at 480p but irithyll always looks like shit in webms
why? is there a way to fix the colors?
>>
>>161032734
>The worst invasions in the series
That's DS2.
>>
>>161032934
>>161032617

I enjoy it and I've heard a lot of """"pillars of the community"""" saying the same thing. That's all I'm saying.

Give me credit, a lot of other anons would have left that part out. At least I was honest. I'm just giving my opinion and explanation, just saying I've heard a lot of other people who have played all of the games extensively say the same thing.
>>
Is achieving gold medal in the arena in DS3 as hard as achieving glowy red in DS2?

Because while I never bothered with arena in DS2, I just got gold within like 2 hours of doing arena in DS3. I was under the impression that the glowy wraith in DS2 was actually a feat of some skill, so I'm confused now.

How do the two achievements compare?
>>
>>161033152
WHY are you spouting nonsense about shit you have no knowledge about? Fuck off this board.
I hope the rest of you anons aren't as moronic as this one.
>>
>>161033152
Just say you like its PvP a lot and why you think it's good anon, you shouldn't claim something is best if you didn't try the other games.
I don't even follow any pillars but every time they were linked they were whinning about it, like enb
>>
I'm making a caestus build, what should I level up first? Vig, end, str/dex? I guess the best infusion is refined.
>>
>>161033096
Nah, DaS2 doesn't stack the odds against you like crazy. Seeds and 4-man ganksquads were nowhere near as common, and the slower combat pace plus actual action commitment (rolls cost stamina and are catchable, Estus isn't instant) combined with multiplayer-specific mechanics (disabling Estus for phantoms when an invader is in the world) evened the playfield quite a bit. Also, no R1 blenders due to harsher stamina.
>>
>>161033157
It's only how much time you waste on it.
3 is like 35 wins and 2 is like 500 wins. But since the matchmaking is shit for both, it's all about being persistant enough to bang your head against a wall if you're bad
>>
File: elite hacking skillz.jpg (145KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
elite hacking skillz.jpg
145KB, 800x450px
>>161029347
lol I actually figured out
turns out your 7FF5A293A620 pointer was just a weapon you had changed to effect 33, took me a while to realize that
>>
>>161031196
I'm slightly hype for that game.
Anyway, what I think is that the Souls games are really Berserk as fuck when you're not trying to be "Guts" but rather a regular kind of guy trying to make it within the unforgiving world using your skills.

Dark Souls 1 probably had the best combat mechanics for this vecause even the big weapons like the TSVAIHANDER felt like there was a lot of weight behind that swing and if you missed with a halberd or an Axe, your character would stagger realistically. Wearing armor protected, but made noise and slowed you down.

In Dark Souls/Demon's Souls you aren't a badass because you're destined to be Gattsu, the 100 man slayer, you yourself are only as special as you prove capable of being. You feel badass for achieving badass feats by mastering your weapons and the combat system, defusing ambushes with quick with and thinking and winning combat by tactical moves rather than frantic mashing.
>>
>>161033157
Nope, the arena in 2 was way harder because there were WAY more broken "builds" due to soul memory matchmaking. Also maintaining the highest red glow there was harder too.
You can easily get gold in a hour in solo duel if you know the basics of the pvp mechanics of the game. It seems the k/d ratio are really forgiving and they don't take into consideration percentages.
>>
Anyone willing to give me an obscuring ring or silver cat ring?
PS4.
>>
>>161033070
Same reason the arena webms looks like shit I think.
Base colors in the ground textures fuck it all up
>>
File: 1428936217341.png (168KB, 542x520px) Image search: [Google]
1428936217341.png
168KB, 542x520px
>>161033471
I don't know in what games you've played but it sure as hell ain't DS2. It stacks so much shit against you the DS3 looks like a balanced game in comparison. Slower speed of combat and especially rolling only means it's harder for you to escape r1 spamming coopers. Disabled estus hurts invader much more than phantoms as they can just group together and heal inside the warmth while having much more casts of it and good luck doing anything to them. It also has garbage like 900 seconds invasion limit, not allowing you to go through pve enemies, lack of full orb, hilarious amount of healing power for the host (what it was, flasks, 3 types of life gems, blessings, mushrooms, charms and some other shit all of which goes to 99 item limit cap?), complete lack of any world interactivity for invader and many other questionable design decisions. Invasions in DS2 were fucking dead in a month after release, in DS3 i can't leave the bosses alive while doing invasions in the area as after each second invasion i'm getting invaded myself.

DS2 somehow manages to be worse in terms of invasions even than bloodborne with its lame-ass bell maiden system.
>>
>>161033803
But hold on, wasn't the DS2 thing just a "losing -1, winning +1" too?

So technically it's just a matter of time isn't it?

I understand your point that the skill ceiling in DS2 is higher, but I don't get why the actual mechanics would matter if what >>161033489 this anon said is true
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
So, buy dlc or wait for DaS3: rearranged enemies edition?
>>
File: Gutter pillars.jpg (630KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Gutter pillars.jpg
630KB, 2048x2048px
>>
>>161032358
>DaS3 has the best PvP in the series, for whatever that's worth.

>I'll be honest and tell you I haven't played the old souls games yet, just DaS3,
Uh huh.
>>
What If :
>unlocking the final tier of Watxhdogs of Farron marks you as a champion of the covenant
>when you're a champion you can be summoned into the first phase of the Abyss Watchers fight as a random Abyss Watcher
>reaching a god medal on the arena allows you to get summoned into the Champion Gravetender fight as a red campion.
>>
File: 20161124155516_1.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161124155516_1.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
>when you get stuck in facial slider autism for an hour
help, I'm trying to make look like Raiden from Revengeance for an edgy katana character. I have the hair off so I can see the face easier
>>
>>161033983
Guy that just finished DaS 2. I got invaded plenty, especially in Huntsman's copse and Eleum Loyce, and that was with me being at weird soul memory levels. And it was great fun. That Anon was right. I think the PVP in DaS 2 is better than in DaS 1 desu.
>>
What if
>Thing that'll never happen.
>Thing that is never ever going to happen.
>Stupid shit everyone knows will absolutely never happen.
please upvote my post guys so from can see this :)
>>
>>161034189
That would require some a day of coding and testing

anon you ask too much of what Demon's Souls did the first time on a string budget

There's a running theory that Micolash from Bloodborne was supposed to be an Old Monk type deal as well and it was cut.

Pretty fucking gay, especially when interviewed Miyazaki said Old Monk is his favorite boss.
god dammit why
>>
>>161034189
Only if you're forced to wear the undead legion set
>>
>>161033278
>I hope the rest of you anons aren't as moronic as this one.
They are they're just smart enough not to admit it.
>>
>>161034023
Wait for Dark Souls 3: Academic of the Dank Meme. The DLC is hugely overpriced for what you get.
>>
>>161034279
I don't believe you. I did my last DS2 SOTFS run right before DS3 release when it was actually at least somehow populated. Never got invaded outside of one random in belfry luna. Now it's fucking barren.
>>
Going for a pure strength build in DS2. What weapons should I be using early on and working towards? Just killed the Last Giant. Also, how much ADP should I put?
>>
>>161034539
It has about as many current players as 1
>>
>do duel
>get hti by something stupid and obvious because I mistime my roll
>take 50% of my HP as damage
>other dude does a gesture as if to laugh at me
>other dude ends up losing
I wonder how they feel
>>
>>161034584
Yes, barren, just like i said.
1,766 is like one third of what it was when the game was actually at least somehow alive.
>>
>>161034687
One isn't barren either. You can easily get invaded in either game. It takes a bit of waiting but it's not a wasteland.
>>
>>161034687
I just killed a guy in Duke's, I assume the time you'd need to play in 2 would be the same
>>
>>161034583
Any strike weapon is OP in the early game.

>Also, how much ADP should I put?
Until your agility is at least 92. 95 is another breakpoint if you want to put in more.
>>
>>161034735
For a game that maintained a stable playerbase of around 5-7k for nearly two years after pc release, it is fucking barren. Even when it was on GFWL i could invade extremely fast anywhere, if it takes "a bit of waiting" even with connection fix it speaks a lot about the state of a game.
>>
>not playing the best pvp game in the series
The mind games in 1 are unreal now.
https://youtu.be/iRoHE7MnEWM
>>
>>161034880
I literally have ADHD and I can handle it. What's your excuse?
>>
File: 1479661792594.jpg (147KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
1479661792594.jpg
147KB, 500x682px
>>161034981
>1 best
>>
File: 20161124161039_1.jpg (278KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161124161039_1.jpg
278KB, 1280x720px
What do you think? I think he actually came out okay. he does look kinda like Raiden
>>
Is there even a point to using Sage Ring in miracles? It seems to make such a tiny difference.
>>
File: 20161124161425_1.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161124161425_1.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
>>161035174
>>
>>161034981
Why are people PvPing in that area? Faster to connect since no one goes there?
>>
>>161033983
>not allowing you to go through pve enemies
Why do people keep bringing this up? You can just push enemies out of the way. You can't run through enemies in 3 either.
>hilarious amount of healing power
All of which is very easily punishable, unlike anything in 3.
>It also has garbage like 900 seconds invasion limit
It also has a summon time limit which goes down faster as the summon kills enemies.
>blessing, mushrooms
Might as well bring up Siegbräus.
>complete lack of any world interactivity for invader
So same as DaS3 then? You can get kicked into the room with two big vomit corvians in the DLC and you can't open the door, leaving you no option other than to black crystal. inb4 muh bridge cutting

Winning an invasion was far easier for a skilled player in 2 than in 3.
>>
>>161034981
My favorite thing about it is how faster it is compared to 2 and 3.
>>
>>161033983
>Invasions in DS2 were fucking dead in a month after release, in DS3 i can't leave the bosses alive while doing invasions in the area as after each second invasion i'm getting invaded myself.
So you haven't done a no summon challenge run yet, then? Because solo players get invaded maybe once per playthrough at most.
Meanwhile 2 let you get invaded even when hollow or with the boss dead, resulting in many more invasions than you'd get in 3 without deliberately putting yourself up in priority by summoning 3 sunbros.
>>
File: 1479964377815.jpg (56KB, 464x404px) Image search: [Google]
1479964377815.jpg
56KB, 464x404px
>>161034981
>shitty awful music
>this one incredibly autistic person who keeps fucking posting shit like this
>>
>>161035549
Yes, I agree. Also love the exploits and tricks you can do, 3 has none of that that I know of. Maybe only tumblebuffing but that's patched now right?
>>
>>161035684
You can now miraclebuff instead, same thing but needs some FP.
Still, tumblebuffing doesn't add much to the game.
I think giving backsteps HA would be a good start
>>
>>161035683
>shitty music
You're objectively wrong. Also it's rude as fuck. You like what you like, there's not much more to it than that. But I'm guessing you're still in high school where it matters what you listen to or something.
>>
File: 1479931218021.png (121KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479931218021.png
121KB, 400x240px
>>161035825
>this post
>>
Anyone still play DaS? Which plataforms are you guys on?
>>
>>161035110
>t. DaS2 kiddie aka Claire
>>
>ran into 3 attempted miraclebuffers in arena today
Alright, which eceleb faggot spoiled it
>>
>>161033983
>Invasions in DS2 were fucking dead in a month after release,
Freindly reminder that both Dark Souls 1: Preapre to Die edition and Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin have been sitting at a playerbase of around 2,800 players; as recorded on the steam charts.
In both games, there is still plenty of PvP activity.
>>
>>161035883
Please post music you like to the thread, anon.
>>
File: eLJUc8M.jpg (95KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
eLJUc8M.jpg
95KB, 960x540px
post your waifus
>>
>>161035884
I play mostly on PS3 since there are a lot more players (no evidence for that but, purely anecdotal, but I get tons of activity on PS3 still).
PC once in awhile for organised fights.
>>
What's the most active arena thing that'll net you the group badge in DS3?

I want two golds
>>
>>161035174
>>161035246
Animu faces just don't look good in that engine, sorry.
>>
>>161036159
Try out the queue times yourself autismo, this ain't google
>>
>>161033983
>>complete lack of any world interactivity for invader
>>161035526
The Rat King covenant was about nothing but this.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>DaS1 had good invasions
>>
>>161036207
>this ain't google
Hence why I ask here, Google can't answer it, but experience may. You know you're supposed to ask this when it's something that can be googled easily?

I've tried to stick to each one for about 3 minutes and none of them moved past just me
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (1MB, 800x1386px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
1MB, 800x1386px
rate my recent bad life choice /10

actually still ike it
>>
>>161036459
What the fuck you have tiny hands you fat fuck
>>
>>161036546
It's his foot you retard
>>
File: 1459040850665.jpg (50KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459040850665.jpg
50KB, 540x540px
>fell for the 140 SL meme
So where's a decent place to invade in DaS3?
>>
>>161036138
I think the populations are comparable but the PC's connectivity is way worse even with the mod.
>>
>>161036582
>it's his foot
>you retard
No you're the retard here friendo, you can clearly see his thumb is off frame. The hell kind of feet do you have you literal ape
>>
>>161036459
That's not a human hand, what the fuck are you.
>>
>>161036650
It's clearly the back of his foot
>>
>>161036459
0/10 what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>161036459
Looks like shit. And holy crap your hand is fat. Jog, fatty.
>>
File: 1476656761151.jpg (34KB, 418x279px) Image search: [Google]
1476656761151.jpg
34KB, 418x279px
>>161036682
Oh, I'm being trolled
>>
>>161036793
Let's be honest though, it's definitely not a hand either. Atleast not a human hand
>>
>>161036459
lose some fucking weight
>>
>>161036659
It's a deathfat hand not a human hand.
>>
>>161036627
I had a lot of fun invading at SL 250+, it was always the same people, but it was fun in a way.
You can try SL 30 with +3 weapon in early zones, SL 50 +5 pre Pontiff, SL 80 +7/+6.
>>
>invading as SL15 +2 in high wall
>no invasions
what is this joke of a game
>>
>>161036853
>>161036753
>>161036546
>people think this is just a fat persons hand

I want you to trace where you think the finger and wrist bones are. This will be an exercise in anatomy.

This is some kind of cripple or miscreant hand, friends
>>
>>161036952
>I want you to trace where you think the finger and wrist bones are.
I can't. There's too much fat in the way.
>>
>>161036546
>>161036582
>>161036753
not fat, just big fingers i guess ;)
>>
>>161037024
this
>>
>>161037037
>not fat, just big fingers i guess ;)
Your fingers are fucking tiny in comparison to your had proper and that log of a wrist. Go take a run or do some situps or something christ.
>>
>>161037053
>>161037024
You've never seen a really fat persons hand. just google "fat person hand", they dont have actual altered bone structure you retards.
>>
>>161036627
I'm 140 on PC and get constant invasions / soap signs at pontiff / DLC / Irythill dungeon.
>>
>>161037037
forgot photo
>>
>>161037127
Neither does he, he just is so ashamed of his fatness that he contorted his hand and did some weird version of a fatgirl angle shot to make his hand look less like a catcher's mitt.
>>
>>161037127
Whatever you say Doc
>>
>>161037206
How the fuck
>>
>>161037260
how the fuck what?
>>
>>161037206
Pull up your fucking pants you fucking nigger!
>>
>>161037206
>angled
>covering the jawline with beard and obscuring the extra chins with the camera
>ultra sucked in
Fatty fat fat.
>>
>>161037312
oi m8 its 2 am over here ait`? i ain getting dressed for no fictional data photo jah dongleberry
>>
File: DkS3 writing team.jpg (46KB, 869x501px) Image search: [Google]
DkS3 writing team.jpg
46KB, 869x501px
MEMBER SIF?
OOOH I MEMEBER
MEMBER ANOR LONDO?
YEAH I MEMBER, IT WAS SOO COOL, MEMBER?
YEAH I MEMBER
>>
File: Fiddler Crab Jon illustrated.jpg (228KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Fiddler Crab Jon illustrated.jpg
228KB, 612x612px
>>161037310
You have orangutan hands
>>
Anyone run with a 30% weight build?

What is it for? I can't figure it out. It doesn't seem to add any aditional iframes since you get hit by phantom range just as much, the only difference looks to be you roll a little farther. How do I work this into a build? Is it even worth not going close to 70?
>>
>>161037321
>Sucked in
you you wish
>>
>>161037560
>fat fingers can't type
>>
File: 1463240705666.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1463240705666.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>161036459
>>161037206
>>
>>161037206
Did you do that haircut yourself? lmfao
>>
>in the arena, fight a guy I've fought before, won by only a little
>wear sun princess ring
>use tear of denial
>some dude in the arena IMMEDIATELY throws firebombs at me while I'm casting the buff
>don't really care when people do it, it's fair game, he's a faggot though cause he himself buffed up too
>hits me a bunch of time, tears of denial procs, he tries to get me with throwing knivesb ut by the time he hits me they don't kill me anymore
>he ends up rolling off the big pillar thing and and doing the little exploding knees animation while I plunge attack him, dead
>call him a cuck on steam
>he calls me a hacker
lel
>>
File: Snapchat-115421072.jpg (51KB, 300x533px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-115421072.jpg
51KB, 300x533px
>>161037464
im okay wiith that :)

>>161037642
rude as fuck
>>
>>161037221
>>161037236
lel proven wrong >>161037206

eat a dick retards
>>
>>161037897
fat hands ;)
its a thing
>>
Is SotS worth it for $7.50?
>>
>>161037206

So /dsg/ does have some good bfs...
>>
>>161037206
>file deleted

fuck, what did i miss?
>>
>>161038207
yes
>>
>>161038207
Meh. I paid 20bux and felt ripped off. Very frustrating experience and the only game of the five that I did not platinum.
>>
>>161037895
yuck
>>
>>161038280
you wanna be my bf? dm on steam then
>>
>>161035526
>Why do people keep bringing this up
Because it hurts the invasions?
I can remember a lot of spots where it seriously hurts movement across the location thanks to this retarded shit.
>All of which is very easily punishable
You're delusional if you think it's impossible to successfully pull of a heal in ds2 easily, especially with lifegems which are nearly ds3 estus in terms of consumption speed and allowing you to move while using them.
>It also has a summon time limit
Irrelevant as summon time limit is usually larger than invasion time.
>Might as well bring up Siegbräus.
Or not, because siegbraus are super rare unless you cheat unlike DS2 where every single healing consumable can be farmed easily.
>So same as DaS3 then
Oh no. In DS3 i can destroy bridges, use all elevators and open almost every door as an invader. In DS2 the world is almost completely static for invader, shit places like entirety of Shulva are straight impossible to invade because host can just lock you from reaching him.

Actually, a comparison between Shulva and Ariamis is very good if you want to see how games handle invasion restrictions. Shulva is hilariously restricted for the invader virtually everywhere while Ariamis allows you to activate all snow ledges so host will get hurt or potentially killed if he will try to use them afterwards, ruin the bridge and doesn't have a single fog wall all the way to Friede with the exception of ruined Priscilla's boss room.
>>
File: 1479293980607.jpg (51KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1479293980607.jpg
51KB, 500x374px
You guys want to know how I got gold in both Duels as well as Brawl?

I played at 5 am local time and only used the Washing Pole or one of the better spears

i got so much hatemail from americunts i feel like im on some Homeland Security list now
>>
any fun builds for ds3? that subreddit is megadead, no fun builds found.
>>
>>161036459
fucking disgusting

obnoxious and black and fat, should've been detailed thin strokes and not filled in

Also lose some fucking weight
>>
>>161038207
Easily.
>>
>>161038406
Post hatemail
>>
>>161037895
>finger tattoos

tacky as fuck tbqh
get your shit together
>>
>>161038394
>especially with lifegems which are nearly ds3 estus in terms of consumption speed and allowing you to move while using them.
And heal very slowly.

>Or not, because siegbraus are super rare unless you cheat unlike DS2 where every single healing consumable can be farmed easily.
Most of which are slow as shit and have obvious animations.
>>
>set max filesize
>webm looks like shit
>set a bitrate
>webm is too big
>set both
>webm cuts off like 10 seconds from the end

Maybe I'm worse than a retard. Is 20 seconds really that long?
>>
>>161038394
>open almost every door as an invade
I really hate 2's invasion system, but don't spread lies.
You also forgot to mention you can end up unable to reach a host in Ariamis if they go to gravetender and you happen to be on the wrong side of the bridge.
Even returning to the start of the area is impossible and a host can easily make himself unreachable and wait for you to get tired.
>>
>>161038441
Pure strenght with Yhorms is a blast.
Pure dex with the Crow Quills and an offhand Painting Guardian sword catches a lot of people off guard.
Doing a Designated Healer run where you summon and are only allowed to heal is pretty fun.
>>
>>161038635

You have to lower the resolution and framerate.
>>
>>161038634
>And heal very slowly.
Irrelevant. Just turtle up for a few seconds after using it and you're fine.
>>161038661
>you can end up unable to reach a host in Ariamis
If you're a retard, sure. Provided that you invade at Snowfield, in 99% cases you have enough time to ruin the bridge before they can even reach it.
>>
What weapon upgrade for sl90 ?
>>
>>161038394
>Actually, a comparison between Shulva and Ariamis is very good if you want to see how games handle invasion restrictions.
You literally ignored my counterexample where hosts can trap you because you can't open doors. You also can't activate any shortcuts like kicking down the trees.

And I totally called you bringing up >muh bridge which literally existed in one zone until being shamelessly reused in the DLC.

>doesn't have a single fog wall all the way to Friede
Gigantic invasion zones are a bad thing for the invader because it makes the host harder to find, especially as the content isn't new anymore so a lot of people straight up run past enemies and skip shortcuts. Plus, DaS3 does that retarded thing where your invasion spot is randomized and will often be far behind the host's progress. Often I'll invade in Corvian Settlement, spawn in the village proper, and see the cutscene of the host activating the crank to open up the Friede bossfight 20 seconds later. That's impossible to catch up to unless the host decides to jerk off for a while.
>>
File: Howto4chanwebmmaker.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Howto4chanwebmmaker.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>161038635
puu. sh (SLASH) stwtJ(SLASH) 1f2953518b. rar

There you go. Easy way to make the best webms for 4chan
>>
>>161038787
I already lowered it to 720p but I guess I can go lower.
I can't find an option to lower the framerate though, and I swear I've seen nice-looking 60fps webms posted in this general before.
>>
>>161038967
+10
>>
>>161038810
As soon as I found that out I was dried fingering in front of the bridge before running and leaving them in a seeded world.
Point is, if something is abusable, as are systems in all 5 games, you can't ignore these scenarios.
You also can't ignore the invader's interactions with the world are very weak in 3.
Compare to BB or DaS where they can reset your level progress even
>>
>>161039036
Thanks for the keylogger
>>
File: darkmoon out.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
darkmoon out.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>161038982
>hosts can trap you because you can't open doors
Good thing that there's only a single mandatory door in the entire DLC you can't open and if you let the host get to it you've effectively lost the invasion already.
> it makes the host harder to find
In Ariandel you ALWAYS spawn in close proximity to the host. If you know how chameleon looks in this area it's virtually impossible to just effectively hide unless host specifically cleared out the entire area for obscuring ring shenanigans. Big invasion area gives you a fuckload of chances for jumping on host and his butt buddies which is the only thing that matters.
>>
Anyone know why I cant put my sign in the Grand Archives? I just cant do anything online related there, but I can summon people.
>>
>>161039210
No problem brah.

Seriously though, it's just a bat file to use the ffmpeg through console without the bulk visuals. Every webm maker uses some form of it, this just has the bulk stripped away and specifically set for 3 MB maximum memory for 4chan. It does all the bitrate math for you based on your given length and resolution.
>>
>>161039135
>you can't ignore these scenarios
I can totally ignore them because i leave the world the moment i see a seed icon.
And may i remind you that seed is a garbage idea directly from DS2.
>invader's interactions with the world are very weak in 3
They are weak only in comparison to DS1 where you could activate the fucking Vamos cutscene as an invader. Compared to DS2, DS3 gives you a whole lot of freedom for traversing the area as an invader.
>>
>>161039224
>In Ariandel you ALWAYS spawn in close proximity to the host.
You keep ignoring the parts of my posts that don't fit your narrative. Are you that desperate to not admit you're wrong?
>>
>>161038810
>Irrelevant. Just turtle up for a few seconds after using it and you're fine.
How shit are you?
>>
>>161039446
High quality post, my friend. Keep being ass shattered, because being ass shattered and wrong is a burden all DS2 fans will always be forced to carry.
>>
>>161039569
Go back to /v/.
>>
>>161039569
>I'll just shitpost until I win this internet argument!
I wonder if this is Lucifer in disguise again.
>>
>>161038982
>invasion spot is randomized
it's only randomized if some small zone has multiple invasion spots, you always spawn near the host unless he's lagging like shit and caused an invasion delay
>>
>>161039652
Remember how in DaS1 you never spawned BEHIND the host, always either in front of them or at the furthest possible point if the host was already by the fog door? I miss that.
>>
Any of y'all know how figure what exactly is causing a invalid game data flag?
>>
>>161039752
>Remember how in DaS1 you never spawned BEHIND the host,
You spawn behind all the time in Oolacile
>>
60+6 invasions in Irythill are really good
I'm surprised how many people are just actually going through the level instead of running into hosts+2 phantoms
>>
>>161039779
Being a hacker without knowing what you are doing.
>>
>>161039398
The thing I'm telling you is just because 2's invasions are bad, it doesn't make 3's good.
You can just leave any world in 2 as well, that's no argument. Seed is present in both games and thus an argument shitting on both systems. Anything shit that happened in 2 and was bought over is also part of 3 now.

In 3 you can't open any doors except that one in settlement, or operate non elevator levers. In DeS you can kill enemies by default and BB has those popular areas in cathedral ward full of gates.
>>
>>161039752
in ds1 you spawned at 2-3 static invasion points you could choose by yourself which was awesome in some cases but completely retarded in others like ability to invade a host in the beginning of oolacile while being near the chained giant with a non-active elevator
>>
File: Morrowind_conceptart.jpg (353KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_conceptart.jpg
353KB, 900x700px
How do I make a cool dunmer build? Doesn't have to mimic the Ordinator armor but bonemold is cool too, as long as it's Morrowind-like
>>
>>161039779
Nobody knows what the flag is after the most recent ban wave. Just delete all of your characters, start a new game, beat Gundy, and then stop playing for a few weeks. Penalty should disappear.
>>
What are some good ideas for healbuffing? Weapons you can't normally put resin on that would benefit greatly if you could put resin on them, like elemental infused weapons, bleed/poison gem, etc?

Been trying to play with the brigand twindaggers but holy fucking shit is their reach bad.
>>
Is it just me or do claw l1 sprint attacks have huge poise damage?

I just kept getting staggered out of perserverance-greathammer r1 attacks (twohanded) by some dude with the regular old claws
>>
>>161039893
Probably Xanthous armor, not sure about headgear.
>>
>>161039962
Dark human carthus curved sword
>>
>>161039870
Entire argument started with DS2 vs DS3 invasions and DS3 ones are vastly superior. It gave invaders consumable heals on top of a lot of regen gear, it gave full freedom of movement around the location, it severely nerfed the amount of healing power host has compared to DS2, it made the game faster thus making it easier to get away from a horde of coopers, it added shit like obscuring ring which makes DS3 invasions extremely fun by itself.
>You can just leave any world in 2 as well
You don't lose anything by leaving the world in DS3 because invasion item is infinite.
In DS2 you always lose a cracked orb and you need to waste your time or inflate SM to get them.
>>
bfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbf WHEN!
>>
>>161039838

I've been having so much fun at SL30 +3 I've forgotten how shitty meta level is. Doing watchdog invasions or invading crux woods in general is just too fun, and I get pretty much instant invasions constantly.

What I'd really like to know is what SL70 +8 is like. I've heard it's popular at least for streamers because they feel like it's the lowest level you can have "complete" build. I haven't tried it out myself since I've been enjoying the low level stuff so much, slowly progressing through the game at SL30 trying to collect more shards when I can.

Is it still good there, or is it where you cross the threshold from SL60 +6 into "the meta" and everyone's a faggot popping seeds every other invasion with professional gank squads not progressing through the level, instead just sitting their waiting while using every abuse in the book? And of course since I'm on PC, lots of cheaters? I used to do SL130 aldrich invasions a lot but those problems were pretty egregious up there, especially the CE abuser problem. The sad thing is it's just people being douchebags too, it isn't even like an invader runs into one of those asshole 1v5 ganks with a red soapstone summon and decides to fuck their shit up and curse them all, it's literally just some douche going invasion to invasion one-shotting everyone and giving 0 fucks.

All I know is, at least SL60 +6 and below are safe and fun, next to no giant seeds. I love it.
>>
>>161040152
>DS3 invasions are vastly superior
What level of down syndrome is going on in this thread?
>>
>>161034981
wow backstab fishing so much fun such hollow soldier waistcloth
>>
>>161039036
I guess it's better?
>>
File: 1428631977236.gif (79KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428631977236.gif
79KB, 834x600px
>>161039464
i loved making invaders assmad by healing right in their faces with strongest lifegems while rocking jester turtle, they were powerless to do anything, it was amusing to look at
>>
>>161040291
I'd heard once you get to +8 regardless of SL is when you get meta shit
>>
>>161040360
*whipes out forbidden sun*
>>
>dude literally just does gestures and panic rolls all match
>adds me to steam after it turns into a draw
>"learn to play" "rat" "u suck"

I mean ok play how you want but why get mad about it
>>
>>161040360
*climaxes ur face*
psssh...
>>
>>161040306
ask your family doctor, he should know
>>
>>161040306
He's not wrong. I'm just saying he's defending a piece of shit by comparing it with a bigger one that is 2.
But if the better games aren't allowed in the discussion, might as well drop it
>>
Anyone else get booted from PS4 online?

It says and update is available but it clearly is not, not yet anyway as that is scheduled for the 25th.
>>
File: Greatbow 1.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Greatbow 1.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>he isn't doing greatbow invasions
>>
>>161040467
But 2 had better invasions. Soul memory and lack of full orb were retarded, sure, but once you're actually -in- the host's world the experience was vastly superior to DaS3.
>>
>>161040112

Why tho? It already has bleed with carthus rouge on top. Healbuffing helps out twindaggers a lot, for example, because it doesn't have natural bleed, so with healbuffing you can actually put it on the same level as 2kat and carthus and the like, except with super fast (albeit short) daggers.

I'm mostly looking for weapons that weren't good before that might become at least viable if not OP if you could just add resin to them. Even meta stuff though, like DSS and Gargoyle FS you can put resin on now if you want, lightning and fire respectively.
>>
>>161040349
>1.86 MB
wot? You used the bat file thing right? That doesn't seem to make sense. It should have made it to be as close to 2.8 MB as it could. Very curious as to your settings when you made the webm, but it looks like it came out properly.

I'm not sure what is going on.
>>
>>161040469

It already is the 25th, anon. Updates usually go live at around 3:00 at night, which is in 20 minutes.
>>
>>161040536
This.
>>
>>161040387

Yeah but I mean how bad is it compared to +10 with SL100 and up? Like, how frequently do you get professional gank squads and cheaters and giant seeds and such?

If it's just "a few, but not many" then that might be the threshold. If it's "OH FUCK ALL THE TIME NIGGA SHIIIET" then it's past the threshold and worth avoiding. That's what I'm trying to figure out.
>>
>>161040573
I just dragged the thing in, put in the vertical resolution (tried lower than 720 this time) and the appropriate time cutoff. It didn't ask me anything else.
>>
>Undead Matches end in a draw, no matter how much HP either party has left
>people just mash rolls through the entire area once they're low on HP now
but why?
>>
File: 1434034450338.jpg (46KB, 344x313px) Image search: [Google]
1434034450338.jpg
46KB, 344x313px
>>161040446
>they think their climax can put a dent in dark havel shield
>>
>>161040536
Except the part where the act of actually playing dark souls 2 is viscerally revolting.

like, engaging with the basic mechanics of the game itself actually induces vomiting in those not touched by down's syndrome
>>
>>161040461

R O A S T E D
>>
>>161040676
At SL60 with a +7 weapon, literally every single invasion in the aldrich zone is gankers, giant seeders and meta duels.

At +6 in comparison, 1/20 invasions was gankers. The rest was just hosts going through the game, with or without phantoms.
>>
File: buddy.jpg (502KB, 1281x718px) Image search: [Google]
buddy.jpg
502KB, 1281x718px
>>161040502

Literally a shooting gallery.
>>
>>161040502
level and upgrade?
I'm fucking sick of 120 aka everyone is a fucking scum cheater metafucker
>>
>>161040693
>he thinks he has blockframes while slowly munching a lifegem
>>
>>161040681
The 1.86 MB is extremely strange. It seems to have ran properly though. I verified that the bat file was exactly the same as the one I use and they are. According to my math the bitrate on your video should have been 1,146 and the file should have been 2.83 MB. I'd retry it anyways and let it completely run through again and see if it comes out closer to 3 MB.

Right after you finish typing in your settings, it should print out "Bitrate: X" Let me know what that number is.
>>
>>161040693
>you can somehow guard with your shield while in the lifegem animation
??
>>
>>161040846

Catacombs is usually in the SL40-45 or so range, +4. Generally speaking anything SL60 +6 or below is good times, just depends where you want to invade.
>>
>>161040502
I actually just picked up a greatbow for invading. I got to work on my timing and aiming though.

I'm using the Millwood Greatbow.
>>
>>161040710
You were already told to go back to /v/ with your stale meme. DaS2 has a lot of issues but if you find it "revolting" or "vomit inducing" you're either shitposting or have legit mental issues. Probably both, being a /v/ faggot.
>>
>>161040461
>no invasions after boss clear
>no invasions while unembered
>enemy can swap to way of blue while invaded
>infinite roll spam and quick sippies cancer in general
>enemy phantoms can sip while invaded, auto lose battle of attrition so only viable build is hornet meme one shot
>just kill yourself if you need blue estus
>can't kill host through fog wall
>90% gank squad 10% some poor pleb just trying to clear the game for the first time
>you're butt hurt about seeds which can be a boon to invaders and 100x less oppressive than the above

Shit, even DS1 boasts better invasions because the map was open.
Genuinely neck yourself.
>>
File: 20161124174658_1.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124174658_1.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>161040676
I've gotten nothing but hosts going through the levels either alone or with a phantom, although I'm pre-pontiff irythill
naturally pontiff is going to have people ganking, but all other areas including dungeon are actual players
also I should probably get all the estus/bone shards to balance out my need for all this ashen
I think the problem is having+7 since you get people that have already been getting chunks so they've been doing more lategame shit
>>
>>161040812

Fair enough. Also fyi there's literally no difference in invasion calculations between +7 and +8, anyone who stays at +7 is retarded or at best ignorant. Makes sense anyways since special weapons only count as even numbers (the ones that max out at +5, so +1 = +2, +2 = +4, etc)
>>
>>161039893
help me be an n'wah, guys
>>
File: Untitled.png (30KB, 677x492px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
30KB, 677x492px
>>161040924
>>
>>161041016
Also forgot about removal of the sin system and blue eye orb, so in addition to the dead invasion pool the blue bros covenant is utter ass for no reason.
>>
>I bc'ed out so i didn't lose !
Are you this kind of invader dsg ?
>>
File: Pao_Chin.jpg (952KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Pao_Chin.jpg
952KB, 2448x2448px
Guys I nearly beat DaS3 and never finished it, got to just after the big dragon boss

What are some fun builds for a new game?
>>
>>161041152
Yeah that sounds right.

Let it run through and don't close it. It will close on it's own. Hopefully it will do as it should. This is the only instance that I've ever seen it less than the 2.8 minimum size.

REMEMBER NOT TO CLOSE THE CONSOLE WINDOW. IT WILL CLOSE ON IT'S OWN WHEN IT IS DONE IN ROUGHTLY 3 MINUTES
>>
>>161041213
Don't you mean "covenants"? You know, because they got split into two identical covenants for no reason rather than have one autosummon covenant and one sinvader covenant.
>>
>>161041247
what was your first build like?
>>
>>161040710
But DaS 2 had the best base mechanics except for soul memory.
>>
>>161041239
As an invader, I black crystal all the time. Can't really go into a friction war with hosts + phantoms with double the estus I have, once I'm out of chugs, I bc out. Consirer it your win I guess? I don't want to go back whatever the fuck it is to get a fucking bloodpool.
I pull the ethernet cable if I know that the other guy is cheating or there is too much lag though
>>
How can you beat hyper armor weapons with another none hyper armor weapon?
They can trade forever and pretty much just click R1 forever without any possibility of counterattack, since the trade will always be unfavourable. Is this all there is to this game?
>>
>>161041008
Dark Souls 2 is not a fun video game to play. The simple act of moving your character around is unpleasant. Any other considerations are essentially irrelevant. It could, structurally, have the best PVP systems in the series, and it wouldn't matter because it feels like shit.
>>
>>161041239
Black Crystaling out as an invader in DaS3 is legit because it's the only game in the series that drops your bloodstain where you died in the world, and not where you invaded from. Because apparently both DaS1 and DaS2 got that wrong in Miyazaki's opinion.
>>
>>161041239
Yes, gives them less estus and helps a more capable invader
>>
>>161041446
your weapon probably has 2x the speed of that other hyper armor weapon
hit and roll away
>>
I fought the twin princes with sirris and orbeck and holy shit it was harder to keep them alive then fighting the boss regularly.
>>
>>161041393

Well I started as Herald, and I had the Heal or Great Heal spell equipped for pretty much the entire game.
I used the regular Halberd for most of the game, I loved it and a somewhat tankier shield if I could manage, and towards the end of the game I switched to the fucking giant (the boss giant) UGS and somewhat regretted it.

But it felt like I had outgrown the Halberd, a bit. I had a hard time with a few of the later bosses, I'm not proud of having summoned for the Princes.

But yeah for most of the game the Halberd, with a tanky shield, and the heaviest armour I could fast roll with
>>
File: Morrowind_by_Demi_urgic.jpg (451KB, 1330x969px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_by_Demi_urgic.jpg
451KB, 1330x969px
>>161041102
Faith/dex, where Leeroy's stuff + catarina helmet for the weird bulbous look Morrowind is so fond of.
>>
>>161041239
I only BC out when I sense things are not in my favor and doesn't look like it's going to turn in my favor any time soon.
>>
>>161041472
>fun
>unpleasant
>feels
Subjective. I think it's fun and feels fine to play, even with flaws like soul memory. Moving my character around doesn't feel significantly different in any Souls game, aside from jogging feeling faster in 2 than 1 (weight affected jog/sprint speed in 1) and being unable to instantly turn 180 degrees mid-swing (which I considered a good feature).
>>
File: Greatbow 2.webm (2MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Greatbow 2.webm
2MB, 750x422px
>>161040846

SL35/+4.
>>
>>161041472
This is some next level autism right here. Are you also an audiofag?
>>
>>161041247
>fun builds
>DaS3

Shitposting aside, you could go for a pyromancy run or something.
>>
>>161041393

Oh and I picked the Fire Gem and made it a Fire Halberd for a long time too.
>>
File: stylinonu.png (184KB, 410x585px) Image search: [Google]
stylinonu.png
184KB, 410x585px
>>161041614
>>161041503
>>161041434
I BC out the moment a blue invades.

Go farm some silver knights faggot git fucked
>>
ds2 has the best sorcery and if you disagree you should neck yourself
>>
>>161041673
sounds cool what is the build like? 20 vig 20 end and the stats for millwood?
>>
>>161041318
Weird, it's bigger now but I didn't do anything different. Oh well, hoping the first one was a random fluke.
Thanks for the help and have a happy thanksgiving if you're 'murican, or a happy thursday if not.
>>
>>161041596
>>161041786
On my second playthru I had a lot of fun playing without a shield and doing an even dex/str spread to try out every weapon, you could give that a shot
>>
>>161041909
Looks a lot better there man. And happy thanksgiving to you too.

Captcha: murcia with
>>
replaying das1, summoning almost always fails, and despite being human constantly i haven't been invaded properly because it keeps failing. The fog doors go up and my homeward bones get disabled, but the invader can't connect.

what can i do to improve my pvp connectivity?

also, is the fextra recommended levels by area okay? is there a better one?
http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Guide+to+Co-operative+Play
>>
File: Bill_Clinton_3x4.jpg (451KB, 1069x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Clinton_3x4.jpg
451KB, 1069x1425px
give me a fun cosplay invasion build for low SLs
>>
File: Holy Moonlight Sword.webm (3MB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Moonlight Sword.webm
3MB, 768x384px
>>161040924
>not doing the bitrate manually yourself to get the best possible result

the auto sizedown webm converters are shithouse and never work for me, always gave me 1mb files that looked awful
>>
>>161042019
>what can i do to improve my pvp connectivity?
Besides the connectivity mod? Nothing. It's fucked.

>also, is the fextra recommended levels by area okay?
It's still a decent guideline.
>>
>>161042078
which connectivity mod is that?

thanks, good to know.
>>
>>161041654
It's sluggish crap, which is why people don't like it. You like the feeling of wading through molasses, fine. My point still stands. Any structural qualities it has are irrelevant because the movement model and attack animations, the core of the game, are terrible.
>>
>>161042020
Footman hollow soldier
>>
>>161041550
How do you hit though? Space and hit R1 literally forever with superior range that stuns. There is no hit roll, only trade.
>>
>>161042127
>which connectivity mod is that?
https://www.google.com/#q=wulf%27s+connectivity+mod

Honestly I'm surprised you're getting any summons at all without it.
>>
>>161042026
It gets the bitrate in the most simple way that you probably do it using this function.
bitrate=8*%max_file_size%/%length%
or simpler without symbols: bitrate = 8 * 2.9(max file size in MB) * 1024(bits in a Byte) / Length

So it probably does exactly what you do but automatically
>>
File: EEXrJkn.jpg (277KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
EEXrJkn.jpg
277KB, 1440x810px
My Abyss Watcher cosplay is finally complete
>>
>twoshot a guy in the arena with a greataxe
>he accuses me of being a minmaxing faggot on steam
I 10 points in luck and dex for no reason other than being too lazy to respec out of them. Why do people get mad about this kind of stuff when they have 600 HP?
>>
>>161042128
>he enjoys breaking his wrists in half every time he attacks with a 2h curved sword
Even the basic rolling animation destroys your character's ankles. I just like mo-cap because the player's skeleton contorting into bizarre shapes is something I can't ignore, it bugs me.
>>
>>161042128
Plenty of people like it. It's deliberate instead of an R1 spamming perma-roll chugfest. Not that it's particular sluggish anyway. Stuff just actually has inertia.
>>
>>161041867
spellcasting in souls games is bad and should not be featured in any future games.
>>
>>161041472
the only reasons i go back to das2 is the wealth of broken or absurd weapons and armor, the dual stance mechanic, and that i like some of the areas a lot. soul memory and the hollowing in that game send me away.
>>
>>161041512
This. I got a thanks from another guy that came literally right after I bcd out.
>>
>>161042173
roll the big slow swings that take 2 years to finish
>>
>>161042273
t. Miyazaki
>>
>>161042269
Almost every animation break your skeleton in ds3 tho
>>
>>161042239
>heal aid
>green blossom
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt with heal aid and assume you use it between fights but I haven't seen the Abyss Watchers eat any sort of leaf during the fight, have you?
>>
>>161042174
me too, australia and a decade old router. i've summoned two humans, been summoned once to a host who basically sudoku'd.

thanks bud.
>>
>>161042394
Not him , but Heal Aid is bugged and can be used to buff unbuffable weapons, like the Farron Greatsword.
>>
>>161042394
check the description of green blossom
heal aid is for buffglitching
>>
>>161042269
>>161042270
Yeah, great, you like "slow" and "realistic". No other game in the series is like that so you're in the minority, which is as close to being objectively wrong about this as you can be. Therefore, dark souls 2 is crap. Fucking deal with it or don't I don't care, bloodborne is the direction they've decided to go in, so you're 100% fucked whether you deal or don't bitch I hope you die for real.
>>
>>161042486
what
>>
File: 1479473527498.png (269KB, 633x489px) Image search: [Google]
1479473527498.png
269KB, 633x489px
Why can't I play online? It keeps telling me I need to update the game but it's already at the latest version.
>>
>>161042513
>No other game in the series is like that so you're in the minority,
DaS 2 is closer to DaS1 in that regard than DaS 3. It's only a bit of a tweak.
>>
>>161042568
what version does it shows in the main menu ?
>>
>>161042490
>check the description of green blossom
The undead legion is known for them, it says, but the undead legion is known for a lot of other things that the abyss watchers don't do.

I assume you're actually cosplaying THE abyss watcher, which is why you need to glitch enchant your weapon. THAT one doesn't eat any green blossoms lad.
>>
File: 1471076723545.jpg (31KB, 519x511px) Image search: [Google]
1471076723545.jpg
31KB, 519x511px
>>161042513
>I don't care
>keeps posting
>so angry that he wishes death upon an anonymous person on the internet, choking down tears as he punches his keyboard
>muh Bloodborne

Miyazaki fanboys, everyone.
>>
>>161042569
>DaS 2 is closer to DaS1 in that regard than DaS 3. It's only a bit of a tweak.
No.

Dark Souls 3 is a somewhat faster version of Dark Souls 1 in feel.

No other game in the series is similar to slippery, over-animated dark souls 2.

Dark souls 2 is the Street Fighter 3 of dark souls, IE only contrarian tourneyfags like it.
>>
>>161042239
What is the ar like?
>>
>>161042682
It's downloading now. For some reason it wouldn't do anything when I was trying to start the game.
>>
>>161042734
>Dark souls 2 is the Street Fighter 3 of dark souls, IE only contrarian tourneyfags like it.
Fighting game player here. end yourself /v/tard.
>>
>>161042513
>whether you deal or don't bitch I hope you die for real.
Sounds like you're having trouble dealing yourself there /v/ friend
>>
File: Greatbow 3.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Greatbow 3.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>161041896

Haha, no. 27 Vig, 20 End, 16 Vit, 35 Str, 12 Dex. Slumbering Dragoncrest ring, Obscuring ring, Prisoner's Chain and Knight's ring.
>>
>>161030879
I've been hit for 700 from a charged and unbuffed rapier so 1.1k damage with a leo ring charge counterhit on a UGS doesn't sound impossible
>>
>>161042734
>over-animated dark souls 2
But we just established that 2 is literally the opposite of over-animated, which 3 is with its rubber skeletons and broken wrists and ankles, since 2 used mo-cap and 3 uses tweaked handcrafted animations from 1, sometimes clumsily applied.
>>
I love how buttblasted people get at the thought of people enjoy playing DaS2.
>>
>>161042734
>calls DaS 2 "slippery"
>while defending DaS 3
>>
>>161042712
What do I have to cry about? Dark Souls 2 has been repudiated by nearly everybody. Now that people are unhappy with Dark Souls 3, the degenerate 2 fanbase has attempted to slink back into these generals and defend that game like it's not an embarrassment to even have ever played it, let alone have liked it, let alone STILL like it!

It's like a zoo of morons, that 2 fanbase.
>>
File: Dragonsissies.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonsissies.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>161030879

I once one-shot someone that had ~1300 HP with a charged R2 Leo-counter with the Profaned UGS, so it's certainly possible.
>>
>>161042974
you sound like an analpained faggot desu
>>
>>161042734
except sf3 is literally
LITERALLY
>>>>>>>>>>LITERALLY
the best sf ever made
>>
>person with clearly insanely minmaxed meta pvp build
>3 buffs before finally fighting
>he tries to cestus parry my greathammer twice in a row and eats 4 hits and dies
kek, these meta shitters
>>
File: mfw playing DaS3.jpg (42KB, 347x380px) Image search: [Google]
mfw playing DaS3.jpg
42KB, 347x380px
>>161042896
>doing comfy Iron Keep invasions, just killed a host by bopping the spinny flamethrower statue under the final bonfire
>check 4chan between invasions
>assblasted DaS3 shills crying in rage over other people enjoying video games they dislike, while they're forced to enjoy 2 hour DLC with one boss
>>
Speaking of street fighter analogies

Demon's Souls = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Dark Souls = 3rd Strike
Dark Souls 2 = SF4
Dark Souls 3 = SFV
>>
>>161042835
lol "fighting game player" like it's some kind of prestigious qualification.

people who played fighting games back when street fighter 3 came out hated it, and then when they saw that stupid daigo parry video, they pretended to like it.

that is the trajectory of 99% of people who "like" SF3. they hated it for years, then they saw that video, now they think it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>161043141
I'd honestly say ST is the pinnacle but 3s is definitely the most fun
>>
File: 45 centimeters.png (326KB, 437x486px) Image search: [Google]
45 centimeters.png
326KB, 437x486px
>tfw I just instantly killed 2 people in a row with the RHH's R1-R1-R2-R1 pseudo-combo
>>
>>161043063
>no armor
>>
File: 1478137767047.jpg (26KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478137767047.jpg
26KB, 360x360px
>>161042974
>one angry neckbeard drooling onto his keyboard in incoherent rage while defending Miyazaki's half-assed cashcow from being compared to superior predecessors
>"nearly everybody"
>>
File: 1.1.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1.1.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>161043190
lmao
You basically just proved my point, retard
Kys ignorant faggot
>>
File: Saw Cleaver.webm (2MB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
Saw Cleaver.webm
2MB, 768x384px
I just realized, the saw cleavers untransformed R1,R1,R1,R1 combo makes a jewish star in movement

1)diagonal from top right > bottom left
2)diagonal from top left > bottom right
3)horizontal
4)vertical
^repeat

It literally makes a jew star

No wonder it's a fucking overpowered weapon, it literally hits in all the best areas just as part of it's r1 spam, there's literally no need for other attacks.

This weapon is literally the definitive of ease of use, but at the same time deep in mastery, with all the backstep/trick/untrick/r2 chain shit you can do.

This weapon is From's Magnum Opus. It's literally the most jewish weapon they've ever made.
>>
>>161043189
actual analogy
Demon's Souls = SF2 Champion Edition
Dark Souls = 2nd Impact
Dark Souls 2 = SF4
Dark Souls 3 = SSF4AE
>>
it's obvious that miyazaki's feeling pretty burnt out on dark souls. shit even the setting reflects it with everything being literally burnt out over being rehashed again and again. he had some cool ideas here and there but it's put together in a haphazard and rushed way, kinda like the way the worlds "converged."
>>
Does practice make perfect for bow and great bow invasions?
>>
>>161043189
So Dark Souls is the best?
>>
>>161043393
Dark Souls 2 is more like SFV.
It tries to be ~different~, and it was released with half the game missing.
>>
>it's finally safe to talk about DaS2
>but you have to bash DaS3

Of course.
>>
File: Purple Moss Clump.png (219KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Purple Moss Clump.png
219KB, 512x512px
>>161043390
topkek anon you're not supposed to actually smoke this stuff
>>
>>161043483
yeah I was honestly going to put that but SF4 makes a little more sense due to being wildly unbalanced compared to later iterations
>>
>>161043483
No SFV is like Dark Souls 3
Soulless shallow shitfest that was rushed out as a quick cashgrab
>>
>>161043386
right I forgot to account for the SF4 kiddos who weren't alive when SF3 came out, and who got fed second hand bullshit by SRK telling them it was a masterpiece.

which is like 90% of people in /fgg/

but yes, babby, I'm ignorant for contradicting fighting game canon, which instructs us that 3rd strike is the greatest fighting game ever made
>>
Leo Ring stronk. Why do Friede Greatscythe users just try to ram into you anyway?
I gave him an ironic gesture for his choice of weapon and armor, I hope he appreciated it.
>>
what am i missing with friede
fucking aoe leaps everywhere how do i get in melee range
>>
>>161042734
>DS2
>tourney
Why would tourneyfags like the game with the worst fighting mechanics? I usually avoid sperging out about how completely terrible and borderline unplayable DS2 is, but seeing people call it "the PVP game" is my limit, and that really seems to be what you're getting at. DS2 isn't for actual tourneyfags; if anything it's for "pro" genji mains who have no idea what they're doing but like the word "pro". Most "viable" "fun" weapons can be easily walked all over with havelstoc, and the katanaplay is about as deep as a low level runescape melee fight. The only upside to it was the plethora of meme weapons tanimura chose to invest in after seeing how popular a guy with a simple zwei and 77 poise could be (in spite of the fact that the aforementioned build was dogshit). It's them most onlyafro-oriented souls game, the pvp is dogshit.

>>161042882
>mocap
from the looks of it they used partial mocap at best and frankensteined it with other animations. They use shitty foot anchoring on the walk sequences so there's no way anything below the waist is mocap. I mean, I'm pretty sure they didn't mocap enemy's knees phasing through eachother when they needed to step to the right of their right foot/left of their left foot.
>>
>>161043630
Because their first hit has hyper armor out the ass and if it hits they can continue their R1 mash to either combo or clip you through rolls with their massive range.
>>
>>161043687
roll past them or just trade and laugh
>>
>>161043629
Whats your SRK username, kid?
What year did you join?
>>
File: 2016-11-22 12-54-59.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-22 12-54-59.webm
3MB, 853x480px
being a Spook is fun.
>>
>>161043689
>Why would tourneyfags like the game with the worst fighting mechanics? I usually avoid sperging out about how completely terrible and borderline unplayable DS2 is, but seeing people call it "the PVP game" is my limit, and that really seems to be what you're getting at. DS2 isn't for actual tourneyfags; if anything it's for "pro" genji mains who have no idea what they're doing but like the word "pro". Most "viable" "fun" weapons can be easily walked all over with havelstoc, and the katanaplay is about as deep as a low level runescape melee fight. The only upside to it was the plethora of meme weapons tanimura chose to invest in after seeing how popular a guy with a simple zwei and 77 poise could be (in spite of the fact that the aforementioned build was dogshit). It's them most onlyafro-oriented souls game, the pvp is dogshit.

I can't believe I'm not on /v/, because this is the most /v/irgin post I've seen all week.
>>
>>161043689
>but seeing people call it "the PVP game" is my limit, and that really seems to be what you're getting at. DS2 isn't for actual tourneyfags
yeah, that's my point

like street fighter 3, it's a game for contrarian dickheads who like to pretend they have secret knowledge and exquisite taste, such that they annouce their credibility by saying "fighting game player here".
>>
>>161043689
>Thinking giantdad is a bad build
It's a pretty good built altogether. You have a big weapon with high backstab damage, a shit ton of health and stamina, and enough poise that you'll essentially never flinch especially considering how DS1 pvp means you'll never actually attack with your weapon.
>>
>>161043813
why didn't you cut the webem off before the part you just started parry flapping?
>>
File: 1478713588993.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478713588993.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>161043843
>like street fighter 3, it's a game for contrarian dickheads who like to pretend they have secret knowledge and exquisite taste, such that they annouce their credibility by saying "fighting game player here".
>>
>>161043813
What the hell was the host doing? What was that move?
Sorry never seen that before.
>>
>>161043797
never joined
>>
Are the servers down or what?
>>
>>161043689
2 is one of the more popular ones for """""""""competitive souls"""""""" PvP.
Only 1 is more popular.
>>
>>161043771
>hyper armor out the ass
It has 30 poise health. You can break it with a charged R2, it's certainly telegraphed enough with how they need to enter the stance and then do the slow initial leap-into-air for the first R1.
>>
>>161043826
I can't believe you aren't on /v/ either, because your deep knowlage of its inner workins suggests that you actualy frequent that board anon.

>>161043868
>this is what ds2 players actually believe
>>
Demon's Souls: Wolf 3D
Dark Souls: Quake
Dark Souls 2: Doom
Bloodborne: Half Life
Dark Souls 3: Doom 64

Prove me wrong
>>
>>161043813
>Those parries
Gave me diarrhea
>>
>>161042974
>What do I have to cry about? Dark Souls 2 has been repudiated by nearly everybody.

>has as many players as DaS 1 despite DaS 3 still getting content updates
>>
File: 1478413996752.jpg (35KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1478413996752.jpg
35KB, 493x387px
>DS2 being the most fun triggers /v/ shitter here this hard
>>
>>161043932
he was spamming quick step dagger weapon art. its a fake bloodborne step with i frames.
>>
DeS: Smash 64
DaS: Melee
DaS 2: Brawl
DaS 3: SSB4

As far as their fanbases go
>>
>>161043183
I want to impregnate dumb Dark Souls comic girl
>>
>>161044018
Oh so a faggy gimmick.
Then I don't care about your parry bullshit spam.
Fags deserve faggot move play.
Carry on.
>>
File: das it mane.png (72KB, 232x272px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.png
72KB, 232x272px
>>161043282

>tfw dealing 1300 damage with the Spiked Mace + Carthus Rouge when the bleed pops during the R1-L2-R1
>>
>>161043989

That's why I stopped trying to make the twindaggers work, even with healbuffing. They just need to hit too many times to be worthwhile and their range is so short, making them extremely easy to parry. Feels bad.
>>
>>161044058
>DaS1 PvP is the most cancerous no-fun-allowed PvP, and relies the most on exploiting broken game mechanics
Accurate.
>>
>>161043868
I've seen this dumb argument pop up time and again and it's fucking hilarious to me because I clearly remember posting in /dsg/ pre DS2 launch and nobody would have said something this stupid back then.

I just have to imagine that these people weren't around back when dark souls 1 was actually relevant and seriously thought about, and don't realize that giantdad has been a joke since the DWG ring nerf. I will repeat, it is a JOKE. That onlyafro video was a JOKE.
>>
>>161044013
>literally cannot stop talking about /v/
>>>/v/

>>161044058
as far as the game mechanics go as well, though DS1 should be melee with only ganon
>>
>>161043564
>Dark Souls 3
>More balanced than Dark Souls 2
Anon...
>>
Demon's = Resident Evil
Dark 1 = RE 3
Dark 2 = RE 5
BB = RE Outbreak
Dark 3 = RE 6
>>
>>161044058
I would switch DeS with DaS.
Other than that, spot on.
>>
>>161044013
>posting your opinion triggers at least 5 people
watch how many (you)s I get when I say that 3 honestly has the best pvp due to having so many viable builds and not being built around buffstacking/binoboosting or hornet backstab chaining and the gap between meta and non-meta weapons isn't that big
>>
>>161044162
>but dark souls 2 had lots of viable weapons
>STOP USING HAVELSTOC LET ME GUARD BREAK YOU
>>
>>161044170
Where is 4
>>
>>161043813
>assassin

>shield

faggot
>>
>>161044170
I'd say Dark 1 is more RE4. RE4 popularized over-the-shoulder cam games, much like Dark 1 popularized the Soulslike pseudo-genre. Both set a new standard for others to mimic.
>>
>>161044162
Are you being serious here anon, because DS3 doesn't have any binocular boosting or powerstance 100% kill stunlocks or hexes or bodybuff stacking to patch out.
>>
>>161044250
chromehounds
>>
>>161044194
you say 3 but you describe 2
>>
>>161044194
I'll give you a (you) because that's actually correct
>>
DeS = DeS
DaS = DaS
DaS 2 = DaS 2
BB = BB
DaS 3 = DaS 3

Prove me wrong
>>
>>161044250
>>161044282
But RE4 was shit and I hate it
>>
>>161044109
no, you're the faggot just parry spamming everywhere, is what we meant
>>
>>161044194
DaS 3 PVP is better than DaS 1's but inferior to DaS 2's desu
>>
>>161044278
>missed the G key
>I am now suddenly boiled hotdog head man
>>
>>161044331
DeS = Kings Field
DaS = Kings Field 2
DaS 2 = Kings Field 3
BB = Shadow Tower
DaS 3 = Kings Field 4
>>
>>161044405
thread over
>>
>>161044286
>to patch out.
I know it's confusing combining "finished product" with DaS 2 but we are talking about the final version here.
>>
>>161044342
Resident Evil 4 is the only good Resident Evil game.

Now I wait for some idiot to call me a six year old because I don't appreciate key collecting and horrible voice acting.
>>
>>161044378
2's is actually the worst of all 3 and DeS/BB desu
>>
>>161044461
Yeah because 3 has been out for over a year and has all the DLC finished and final patches done, right?
Retard.
>>
File: 1454561010335.jpg (1MB, 2554x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1454561010335.jpg
1MB, 2554x2000px
>>
>>161044194
>not being built around buffstacking/binoboosting
If you're going to bring up unpatched DaS2 then you have to compare it to unpatched DaS1 and DaS3 with all the cancer they had going on too.
>>
File: ancient kek.png (135KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ancient kek.png
135KB, 400x300px
>>161044404
>>missed the G key
It's spelled "knowledge" friend.
>>
so in DS3, which talisman or chime is the best for spell buff at around 30 faith? I don't care much for hyperarmor or cast speed.

I tried googling this but results are conflicting at best. The spellbuff on the weapon card does not seem to include scaling, either.
>>
File: 1479969927549.png (331KB, 396x468px) Image search: [Google]
1479969927549.png
331KB, 396x468px
>>161042513
>this entire post
>on a thanksgiving evening
top wew you're probably going to die of a heartstroke over arguing about video game taste.
>>
File: hugh mungus.jpg (88KB, 680x461px) Image search: [Google]
hugh mungus.jpg
88KB, 680x461px
>>161044559
We don't know what DaS 3 will look like by the end. We can only consider its current state. I hope it gets patched to be much better and more balanced. We'll see.

>>161044331
BB = AC fagget
>>
>>161044461
>>161044572
What's been in pre-patch 3 that was as bad as any of that?
You guys are really straining to come up with an argument if all you have is "mmmm that was already patched out tho"
The fact is that it was IN THE GAME.
>>
>>161042974

The only zoo here are the braindead III fans that are about to get the shock of their lives when DLC 2 shows how hollow and shit their game is
>>
>>161044728
>The fact is that it was IN THE GAME.
So was midroll ninjaflipping in DaS1. Should we keep bringing it up until the end of time?
>>
>>161044581
either way it's a typo

at least my mistakes don't take months of patches to fix, unlike DS2's
>>
>>161044728
You're really stretching considering your argument is now "DaS 3 MIGHT be better than the previous games at an in-determinant time in the future since the others were improved with patches, therefore DaS 3 is the best"
>>
File: 2016-11-24 21-16-37.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-24 21-16-37.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
First time I've ever run into someone using the Follower Torch was pretty neat. He even used the WA.
>>
>>161044757
I actually don't understand what that's supposed to mean.

>>161044770
>So was midroll ninjaflipping in DaS1.
and it was wonderful
>>
>>161044772
Can't patch people. Best we can do is an abortion.

All the Dark Souls games are good, people getting so enraged over people enjoying 2 is purestrain NEET autism.
>>
>>161044795
Not him but base, unpatched DS3 was better than DS2 ever was
>>
>>161044913
Because memes. Yes, yes, we know.
>>
>>161044913

Not him, but III is pretty unpolished, and II is much better
>>
>>161044887
>spellchecks
>you're just a neet
>abort yourself
I don't even need a smug reaction image for you to see it
>>
>>161044990
Not him, but I agree
>>
>>161044971
>>161044990
but 2 is the meme game for people who want to use double smelters, everyone else flocks to 3

It's just amazing that no matter how much you provoke a ds2 player, they'll never ever say anything good about ds2. It's always a comparative claim or just a blow to another game. You're just hipsters.
>>
>all this ds2 vs ds3 discussion
Gives me conniptions
>>
File: 1479239095490.jpg (11KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1479239095490.jpg
11KB, 255x255px
>>161045096
>>
>>161045001
Not him but kys urself
>>
>>161045147
>unable to praise ds2
thought so
>>
>>161045096
>It's just amazing that no matter how much you provoke a ds2 player, they'll never ever say anything good about ds2.
It's just amazing that no matter how much you point out the good things about ds2, ds3 players never ever acknowledge these parts of your posts.
>>
>>161044887
lol nobody gives a fuck that you enjoy a shitty game. I just think it's funny how all the 2 fanboys have gotten jumped up and act like it's a foregone conclusion that 2 is a better game than 3.

Like, as far as I'm concerned, Dark Souls 2 does not fucking rank. It's in the same category as Lords of the Fallen. Dark Souls 3 might be the worst out of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and Bloodborne, but again, Dark Souls 2 isn't even in the fucking running.
>>
>>161044913
not anyone else in this argument but I agree
every time I invaded or got invaded or went to arenas it was always the same shit
predator powerstance UGS/GAxe or smelter havel hexers
with 3 I see so many different builds it's never boring unless I go to undead match where all the metafags flock to now thankfully
>>
>>161045096
>they'll never ever say anything good about ds2.
It must be nice to only ever have to argue with meme people that exist inside your head.

>>161045176
do I really have to copy paste all the praise for 2 that's in this thread? Not like you'd read or acknowledge it anyway.
>>
>>161045159
>kys
>sperging out this hard upon realizing that ds2 was a horrible game

>>161045202
>still unable
>exactly two seconds past being a minute behind the previous response
samefag alert
>>
>>161036920
Try +0 or +1. I had more success with 0.
>>
Why do people even use shields if they don't know how to use them
>>
>>161026425
This is mean to both ENB and Sinatra.
>>
>>161045209
>I just think it's funny how all the 2 fanboys have gotten jumped up and act like it's a foregone conclusion that 2 is a better game than 3.
All I said was I like its PVP better. The area design and bosses and graphics are all worse than in 3. It's just literally impossible to say any part of 2 is good, much less better than another game, without at least one poster going into a full tard rage.
>>
Which miracle in DS3 is more like the thunderstorm in DS2: The divine pillars or the one called Thunderstorm?
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (113KB, 1344x651px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
113KB, 1344x651px
>>161045279
>seriously responding to a meme post
>calling samefag
Learn to count.
>>
>>161045415
The divine pillars one. Lightning Storm in DaS3 basically creates a really big "threw a lightning spear into water" effect around you, whereas Lightning Storm in 2 and Divine Pillars in 3 are Firestorm clones.
>>
>>161030462
>ThePruld
>not Normie tier

I would like to add Skidonic and Praise the Sun to high tier.
>>
What did they do to claws this time
>>
>>161045508
I see. How does the DaS3 lightning storm compare to the one lightning stake miracle? Aren't they kind of the same one or is the AoE on lightning storm huge?
>>
>>161045436
>learn to count
have two (you)'s mspaintfag;
>>161045147 03:22
>>161045202 04:24
>>
>>161036112
Is that supposed to be Freddie Mercury? If so, good job.
>>
Are the servers up?

What all did the patch change?
>>
File: 20161124190805_1.jpg (539KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124190805_1.jpg
539KB, 1920x1080px
>gankers
what else should I expect from names like these
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 1038x286px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 1038x286px
>>161045603
So what's your planned endgame in redirecting the conversation to alleged samefaggotry?
>>
>>161045603
Only one of those posts are one you replied to in the samefag accusation paranoid /v/fag,
>>
>>161045709
t. _____
>>
>>161038406
You from South East Asia or something?

I wanted to do that, because Japs really don't give out hatemails.
>>
>>161045709
when I see names like this, I try to imagine what was going through his mind when he was making the character, and the look on his dumb face
>>
File: BANNED.png (84KB, 977x368px) Image search: [Google]
BANNED.png
84KB, 977x368px
>>161045709
t. claire
>>
>>161045709
t. Claire
>>
>>161045734
CRASHING THIS THREAD
>>
>>161045783
>>161045813
>>161045846
>discordfags are awake again
Well, time to go.
>>
>>161038441
30 Dex 60 Faith with Brigand Twindaggers. Quickstep is fun as fuck.
>>
>>161045741
>>161045741
>you're making paranoid accusations
>I also think you're form /v/
>thinks I'm the same poster who was initially told he must be from /v/
sure (you)

>redirecting the conversation to alleged samefaggotry?
well I tried seeing if any of (you) could defend ds2 but that didn't work for obvious reasons. After all, (you) don't want to be the [one] guy who admits to liking something, right? You wouldn't want to have to face criticism after all.
>>
>>161045931
t. claire

mad that you became a meme. ablo-blo-blo
>>
>>161045948
>>thinks I'm the same poster who was initially told he must be from /v/
>sure (you)
You post exactly the same but that means nothing because all the /v/ shitposters have the same style.
>>
>>161046008
You're memeing at the wrong person, friend.
>>
>>161046083
>denial
t. claire
>>
>>161046070
feel free to continue your baseless witch hunt
>>
File: 20161124191304_1.jpg (586KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124191304_1.jpg
586KB, 1920x1080px
>>161045806
they probably think it's actually super funny because they watch "hilarious dark souls MLG invasion videos" circa 2013 unironically
>>
>>161046220
t. claire _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>161042020
Abyss Watchers, Mr. President.
>>
File: new.jpg (217KB, 966x611px) Image search: [Google]
new.jpg
217KB, 966x611px
I feel like I literally cannot do Pyro in DS3. Having to take so many stats into account is messing with me. Yes I know I'm shit.

How do I make this less bad? The last three levels go in vit if I need it for fashion or vig if not
>>
>>161046479
>black fire orb
gcfo or cbv, and throw on flame surge somewhere

honestly as far as winning 1v1 goes you only need flame surge for pressure and black flame as a deterrent
>>
>>161046453
As someone who cosplayed Abyss Watchers in the first week of the game's release I can say it's really unfulfilling and not even really that fun, unless the poise fix made the Farron Memesword good (I've heard it got a lot better), in which case equip your Wolf Ring and animespin it up.

>Not cosplaying Abyss Watchers with 2 friends
>Not letting one of them be a purple and switch targets at random
>>
>SL30 +3
>guy and his phantom sitting at the crux bonfire
>literally won't move out from there
>expect me to 1v2 them in close quarters with a scaled down phantom
>actually no make that 1v3 now, summoning another phantom
>nah, shoot lightning bolts at them with knight's xbow
>they still won't budge
>nearly 10 minutes of this shit
>they literally won't fucking leave the bonfire, they just walk around in circles to try to avoid my bolts even though I've got 99 of these fuckers and another 99 heavy bolts after that
>finally ends with a seed and I BC out
>they never left the bonfire

Jesus fucking christ, how pathetic can you be? I guess this is SL30's version of a pro gank squad? Fucking kek
>>
Why did no one tell me ADP is a good invasion spot? Been invading for a few hours now and not a single host had over one phantom, many were outright solo.
>>
>>161045318
>shield of want

He's farming souls.
>>
>>161046479
drop INT/FAI to 30/30 and put the points into whatever else you need
30 is the softcap
here's an example SL100 and you can shuffle the stats around and put the other 20 points in whatever
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/120326
the spells are just what I use but use whatever you want
>>
>>161046769
das a gud webm maker right there. pumping out webms like crazy.

ur whalecum
>>
>>161046665
I'm doing one right now. let me tell you something, the sword just isn't very good outside of killing legitimate bad players.
>no damage
>UGS poise nerf hit it especially hard
>like
>to the point of making me consider use a off hand follower saber
>jesus christ UGSs are bad now
>why
As far as I can tell it's only useful when you are in a group, so hope you have some assistance in invasions other wise you're super fucked due to your late hyper armor start up. Remember: wolves hunt in packs, Ashen One.
>>
>>161045550
thanks !
>>
Reminder to Curse all sunbros.
>>
PC FC AT HIGHWALL
SL 120
PASS IS DSG
HAVE FUN AND BE MERRY ON THIS, THE DAY OF TURKEY
PLACE YOUR SIGNS ON THE WOODEN PLATFORM
>>
File: 20161124194709_1.jpg (733KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124194709_1.jpg
733KB, 1920x1080px
who did this to you
>>
>>161046665
>>Not letting one of them be a purple and switch targets at random

No, you're both supposed to use tears of denial. As soon as one of them procs, run the fuck away and heal up and then fight eachother.
>>
>>161047540
FUCKLE WAIT GIVE ME A MINUTE
>>
File: poa-1030.jpg (64KB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
poa-1030.jpg
64KB, 500x215px
>>161047572
>>
>>161047615
Ok its fine now
>>
The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015)
occurred in the application at location 0x013a5dd7.
>>
>>161047592
>sitting around waiting for invaders with TWO (2) annoying af keening sounds constantly boring into my mind
neat but no thanks
>>
>keep invading into a guy with the seed of giants on with a butt buddy phantom at pontiff.

I love going here as a mad spirit and chilling for a bit. Easy souls to reap while everyone kills each other.
>>
FC WHEN
>>
Come on guys? Dont you want to fight the legendary t. Claire?
>>161048018
HERE>>161047540
>>
>>161048018
are you fucking kidding
>>161047540
>>
>He invades
>>
I just one-shot Starsky and Hutch on a fresh playthrough!
>>
File: IMG_4303.jpg (47KB, 446x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4303.jpg
47KB, 446x374px
What's the lore behind these?
>>
>When the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth. Thou'rt Ash, and fire befits thee, of course
>>
>>161048179
They were born of the crusty socks left over from Seath blowing his crystalline wads over thoughts of Gwynevere.
>>
>>161048179
they are cuties!
>>
>>161048179
I want to fuck them?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11727496
>>
Guys pls
>>
>join FC
>everyone is gold rank duel arena and using meta cancer greatswords

we used to have fun
>>
>>161048645
funey joke
nobody is here
>>
File: IMG_4310.png (208KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4310.png
208KB, 512x512px
Dude weed lmao
>>
>>161048576
I got work first thing in the morning and it's almost midnight.

Why can'y you host FCs at reasonable hours?
>>
>>161048204
>aye kan see ut
>fell ut
>>
>>161047540
Be there in ten!
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160124195713.jpg (623KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160124195713.jpg
623KB, 1280x1440px
What is the most autistic thing you've ever farmed in the games?

pic related
>>
File: 20161124200902_1.jpg (544KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124200902_1.jpg
544KB, 1920x1080px
ded FC
>>
>>161048774
Im sorry
>>
>>161048179
The DaS2 B-team got to design an enemy!
>>
>>161048802
it's bedtime in america and dawn in europe
>>
File: beast.png (68KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
beast.png
68KB, 200x200px
>>161048974
it's 8-11pm in america
>>
>>161049039
It's also Thanksgiving in America.
>>
File: 1464393683293.jpg (592KB, 800x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1464393683293.jpg
592KB, 800x1249px
can we please have another meme event to revive some sort of interest in this game

i want to joust again and cosplay again or whatever
>>
>>161049039
yeah I'm going to sleep in like an hour and I can't pvp when I'm sleepy
>>
>>161049092
I forget that people eat thanksgiving dinner and not lunch
I had mine at like 3 pm
>>
File: praise kek.webm (2MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
praise kek.webm
2MB, 1000x562px
>>161032358

>zero cost rolls
>partial parries everywhere
>zero frame parry spamming
>insane weapon tracking
>1k+ hp damage weaponart combos
>unpunishable chugging
>forced meta weapons
>fucky backstabs
>backstabs are parryable
>straight swords and curved swords have a billion extra range just because
>80% of spells are useless
>'poise'
>limited consumables
>invasions stacked against invader
>cant invade worlds if host defeated boss

I could go on, it's shit
>>
>>161049337
>>backstabs are parryable
is this for real? I haven't played DaS 3 yet
>>
I'd love to play this game if it didn't CRASH ALL THE TIME.
>>
>>161049495
>>161049337
Quite frankly, I love backstab parrying because most people dont know you can do it, and its an amazing counter to greatshield turtles who just want to circle you as you attack. Super satisfying to land it.
>>
>>161049495
Yes.

If someone is parry spamming and you go behind them to backstab they can turn around and parry the backstab animation. I'm not even sure you have to turn around either, seeing as you can parry people from behind.
>>
File: za warudo.webm (3MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
za warudo.webm
3MB, 840x472px
>>161049337
t. ds2 shitter
>>
File: IMG_4311.jpg (112KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4311.jpg
112KB, 600x568px
I want to squeeze a man-grub!
>>
>>161049039
Anybody with a job is getting ready for bed at 11PM, bud
>>
>>161049612
That's pretty bullshit.
>>
>>161049612
Nope, you dont need to turn around. When they backstab you, and your shield is in the right spot, they still hit the shield and get parried. Or something.
>>
File: IMG_4312.jpg (94KB, 768x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4312.jpg
94KB, 768x590px
>>161049650
I want to hug a grave warden!
>>
>>161048179
They're dragon footballs.
>the pvp arena will never have a 3v3 soccer mode
>>
>>161049769
>work night shift
>have no social life
>wake up at midnight on my day off
>this is the closest thing to socializing I have in my free time
send help
>>
>>161049617

III has more cheaters

>>161049337

You're preaching to the choir, /dsg/ loves II
>>
Well sorry guys, looks like no love for an FC tonight. Thanks for sticking around for so long Claire.
>>
File: 20161124203033_1.jpg (636KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124203033_1.jpg
636KB, 1920x1080px
what are you doing there's 2 signs right here you dink
>>
File: IMG_4313.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4313.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
Shhhh, Monstrosity of Sin is sleeping!
>>
File: 1471276457013.gif (980KB, 250x274px) Image search: [Google]
1471276457013.gif
980KB, 250x274px
>tfw board with no sound
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479359619845.webm
>>
>>161049996
CUTE!
>>
File: -000-cover-(512pix)vir.jpg (52KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
-000-cover-(512pix)vir.jpg
52KB, 384x512px
i havent been here since the ashes of ariariariandel patch

is lucerne still worth using or am i better off switching to the greatsword meta
>>
File: 20161124203336_1.jpg (654KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124203336_1.jpg
654KB, 1920x1080px
>>161049951
guess I'll take over hosting for a little bit then since people actually showed up
both of my bosses are dead though I think so if more people actually show I can move somewhere else
>>
>>161049956
I could only see one other when I respawned. Maybe I did something wrong when I started hosting
>>
>>161049996
I wonder if they fart haha I wonder what they smell like haha
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>161050070
Lucerne is now made obsolete by the Pickaxe of all things.
I'm not joking.
>>
>>161050070
Glaive HA got mureded.

They aren't bad now, because they never actually needed HA in the first place, but nobody uses them because they aren't uncounterable "I-win" sticks with no weaknesses anymore
>>
>>161050189
>Those wrists
Maybe DaS2 wasn't -entirely- a mistake...
>>
Do UGS and greathammers combo from kicks? I havent really been paying attention
>>
>>161050004
kek
>>
>>161050242
The Lucerne in particular was always used as a Leo counter trading stick.
>>161050189
>>
>>161050270
they were shit in DaS2 too, just look at the otherwise interesting 2h idles for most weapons
>>
>>161050189
>>161050384
i never used leo ring with the lucerne

i just liked the way it looked
>>
>>161048576
just fucking kill urself already
no one gives a shit about your pcuck gay fight club
>>
>>161050398
DaS2 didn't turn your skeleton into rubber whenever you rolled or pressed R1.
(Though it did if you spammed block at 60 hertz, for unrelated yet funny reasons)
>>
File: 20161124203846_1.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161124203846_1.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
I'm only just now realizing how great the basic Spear is in DS2.
because it's r2 deal strike damage, making it a great strike weapon for Dexterity characters, especially since there is so few a dex build can use, especially early on
>>
>>161049886
Shit that's a pretty good strat
>>
>>161050552
I miss Lances, and the Monster Hunter side bash they had for strike damage.
>>
File: 20161124204406_1.jpg (663KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124204406_1.jpg
663KB, 1920x1080px
turns out I still have dancer up I guess so FC is still on at high wall
if nobody else shows up I'll quit in a bit though
>>
>>161050701
t.claire
>>
File: crococatj.jpg (287KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crococatj.jpg
287KB, 800x1080px
woof woof
>>
>pvp at level 80 to avoid all the meta cancer
>dude in full havels wielding a quakstone hammer and shield shows up
>he lightrolls and has ~2500 hp
Why do these people not even try to be subtle
>>
Is it just me or are the bosses in 3 pathetic?
>>
>>161050914
>half of them can be parried, backstabbed, or just crit for free because you broke their poise
>all of them rely on infinite stamina and horizontal sweep combos to be threatening
Kind of, yeah.
>>
>>161050914
They are quite bad, yes. First thing I thought when I played through the game originally.
>>
>>161050914
It's just you. Yes there are uninteresting bosses like the tree and shitty ones like Wolnir but they're much better than the utter shit that was DaS2 bosses. I'd play the Ancient Wyvern fight 10 times over before fighting lmao2cat again.

>stunlocking Abyss Watchers and Friede with phantoms
I'll give you this though.
>>
so can i CE for rank 2 blades of the darkmoon for dmb without getting v& or nah

I grinded NG wog in ds2, 150 invasions, on both ps3 and PC, tell me it ain't that hard to get matchups with players
>>
>>161050914
3's combat mechanics are exceptionally weak because they were porting as much as possible from Bloodborne and the awkward collision of souls and borne design wasn't handled effectively. Many bosses fold like wet tissue paper to R1 mashing because they weren't designed to deal with players that could roll as much or attack as quickly as they actually can.

From also admitted that the difficulty was reduced last-minute on order from Bamco, which meant that the HP and damage of most enemies and bosses went down, making bosses even more trivial. The game reeks of corporate meddling and a condensed production schedule as a result of corporate meddling.
>>
alright FC is over due to only 2 people showing up
habey thangskiv
>>
>>161051151
Just CE yourself 30 ears offline and you should be alright.
>>
Forgive me Father /dsg/ for I have sinned.

I hard swapped to a caestus to use for parrying like a meme scrub against an Astora Greatsword.
>>
File: hand vore.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
hand vore.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>161049996
>>
>>161051186
>The game reeks of corporate meddling and a condensed production schedule as a result of corporate meddling.
Every single Bandai-Namco published game suffers from this.
>>
Need more bfs to FC with please
>>
File: 20161124205731_1.jpg (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124205731_1.jpg
798KB, 1920x1080px
yeah alright
>>
>>161051213
Thanks for hosting!
>>
I just want to see Allfather Lloyd. They built him up too much to just ignore him .
>>
>>161051307
>not having been using it since release and feeling guilty over some dumb meme.

Wow you're a cuck
>>
>>161051440
>Mentioned in flavor text of like 3 items
>Built up
>>
>>161051151
tbqh i've never done it myself, but it's probably possible to turn on the 100% drop rate script and then kill 30 silver knights to get the ears.
item swapping ears doesn't sound safe, considering you can't drop them in the first place
>>
>>161051419
>>161051213
t.claire
>>
>>161051493
Editing the quantity of an ear you already had used to be fine but I don't know if it still is. The 100% drop rate script is legit though.
>>
File: Don't fuck with this president.png (791KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
Don't fuck with this president.png
791KB, 1280x670px
Doing 2v2s in the arena now, pass dsg to join!
>>
>>161051645
t. Vincent
>>
>>161051151
I just got 1 ear, then switched to offline, and ce'd them to 30.

I've honestly ce'd so many fucking items over the last 3 months on offline, I don't know how I haven't been hit by a soft ban or an invalid data warning.
>>
>trying to parry a great weapon user
>ever
Parrying takes longer than it takes for me to wait out the roll attack and do a regular r1 instead. Terrible idea
>>
>>161051886
>not parrying running r1s on great weapons
t.babby
>>
>>161051886
>>161051976
>people that think I'm going to let you parry me when you have a parrying item out
nigga don't expect anything but R1s if you're tryna pull that shit
>>
>>161048774
was it worth it?

i once farmed two perfect 21% +12.5% phys up at full HP

1000+ AR with a wheel
>>
>>161052039
It'll happen if i'm aggressive enough with my 1h that you forget i'm even 1handing.
>>
File: HMPH.png (355KB, 696x667px) Image search: [Google]
HMPH.png
355KB, 696x667px
Could Slayer of Demons/Chosen Undead/Bearer of the Curse/Ashen One defeat him?
>>
File: backstab parry.webm (3MB, 840x576px) Image search: [Google]
backstab parry.webm
3MB, 840x576px
>>161049495
you can parry the backstab attempt if it misses but not the backstab itself
>>
>>161051440
remember when everyone was pissed off because they thought Ariandel was Lloyd.
>>
File: 20161124211217_1.jpg (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124211217_1.jpg
400KB, 1920x1080px
>burst both his phantoms down and then he runs back to the bonfire and tries to summon another before dying
I forgot how fun low level invasions are
>>
File: ;_;.png (496KB, 486x553px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
496KB, 486x553px
>>161052039
>get guy down to low hp, he pulls out caestus
>bingo
>create distance then run toward him, very predictable
>make him think im doing a running r1
>press r2
>he dies

every time
>>
>>161050070
It's nowhere near as good as it was
You can no longer effectively hyper armor through anything without extremely heavy armor, and you will never poise through a hammer or heavier
UNLESS you trade with the weapon art
You can't just spam 2hr1, it takes skill now

Pickaxe is the new lucerne
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160109215547.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160109215547.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>161052092
Those were for kos parasite testing actually

BL43, using the parasite for the barefist moveset, needed pure arcane only flat gems, gives a very high amount each one

I ended up using these instead

Farmed Brainsucker boss for radials for fucking DAYS

400 odd pure arcane fist damage is a wonderful thing though, let's you finally use the fucking cool ass moveset
>>
>>161052156
Ashen One could.
*uses Curl Up gesture to become invincible*
>>
>beat a faggot down while duelling in the arena
>as I kill him he dc's
>"a connection error has occurred"

fucking hell
>>
>>161052519
Now when he hits phase 2 and starts doing those bullshit doublehand downswings and the jump slams

fuck that guy, people complain about pontifs long ass chain, HMPH can literally go all fucking day if you're stupid and let him
>>
File: 1480029278904.jpg (34KB, 638x541px) Image search: [Google]
1480029278904.jpg
34KB, 638x541px
>>161052609
>get HMPH'd for a 5 hit combo that I thought would stop 3 hits ago
>decide to heal-
>wait no he's still going

>8 more swings, I was already dead on the second

this was my face after I finally beat him like 2 hours later
>>
>blueberry summoned through concord
>literally hacking and cannot be hit
>BC out
haha you're really funny
eat shit
>>
>>161052549
>>161052735
*Cheers* WOOO!!! EPIC
Subscribed ahah!
xD
>>
File: IMG_4314.jpg (1MB, 1577x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4314.jpg
1MB, 1577x1100px
This picture proves that DaS2>>>>>>>>>The Rest of the SoulsBorne series
>>
>>161052923
>>161052881
>>
>>161052923
here's your (you)
>>
>>161049904
2 had the most entertaining cheaters though
>>
>>161052978
>one piece of artwork about one meme armor set that didn't even look that good in game on players makes a game better than the others
alright
>>
File: 20161124213210_1.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124213210_1.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
do you really get a shackle even just from killing a purple or do you have to kill the host as well
>>
>>161052156
You presumably meant depth 5 FRC HMPH, so I will assume the protagonists are geared and leveled for NG+8 and affected by Cursed (50% hp) and also have to play by BB's backstab rules

>Slayer of Demons
Statistically very weak. Could potentially chain knockdown him with DBS, would need to do so perfectly and won't work well in phase 2.
Does not have generous enough i-frames to consistently dodge all the roll catches.
Grass does not save him as he will get oneshot. Second chance does not save him from the combos and 2 shotel boomerang. HMPH is faster than offhand kat.
Probably not.

>Chosen Undead
Power within + zweihander 2hr2 + full Giant's + DWGR. He could. He just can't get hit twice and needs an extreme opening to heal.

>Bearer of the Curse
1700 phys defense, steel prot+2, havelsmelter, 2h Havel's Greatshield, Numbness, he just deflects one hit then jump attack pancakes him to death.
Or just spams Climax with brave souls, or pancakes with great hammer, etc, has the easiest time of it

>Ashen One
Summons three phantoms. They get oneshot. Tries to spam straight sword r1. Realizes HMPH can break out of stunlock and has hyper armor on certain attacks.
Backpedals and chugs then gets nailed by the shotel boomerang.
>>
>>161053027
Thanks!!!
>>
>>161053159
He's memeing, lad
>>
>>161053159
>armor set that didn't even look that good in game on players
Dark Souls trilogy in a nutshell
>>
Any idea what the "additional game balancing" in the patch did yet?
>>
File: everything will be fire2.webm (3MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
everything will be fire2.webm
3MB, 840x472px
>>161053158
i imagine you would see a whole lot more interesting cheaters instead of inf hp scrubs and ! CURSED ! if there was a public, updated bullet edit table
>>
File: 1459838212777.jpg (238KB, 1147x987px) Image search: [Google]
1459838212777.jpg
238KB, 1147x987px
>>161052978
>ds2
>no Priscilla
>no Gwyndolin

wew lad
>>
File: 1376320925066.jpg (226KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
1376320925066.jpg
226KB, 840x420px
>>161053218
It was a shitty armor set. The meme is shit-tier.

>>161053281
>>
>>161053309
decreased damage on carthus curved sword by around 5 points

I'm not joking
>>
File: 1400255998516.jpg (161KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1400255998516.jpg
161KB, 600x600px
>>161053527
truly dark souls 1 had the best waifus
>>
>>161053281
>Trying to mix and match armor in DS1
I've never been so frustrated with two different shades of white
>>
File: 20161124214204_1.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124214204_1.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
>kill 2 phantoms+2 blues and he tries to seed and run and hide in the corner around the side of the bonfire
do you think you're fucking smart or something
>>
>>161053594
The game is saved!
>>
>>161053658
Ban him from your FCs. That'll show him.
>>
>>161053658
What level/weapons are you playing at?
>>
File: 666.jpg (66KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
66KB, 666x666px
>>161053643
>painting guardian
>antiquated
>moonlight

>paladin
>brass
>favor
>giants
>ornstein
>>
>>161053527
>>161053641
Zullie beats them without even physically appearing in the game. Reverse corruption a best
>>
Why do people always back off so far when I get to low HP in the arena, even though they know I'm a miracle user?

Then they do a clap gesture after I heal

the fuck
>>
>>161053658
>boulder heave without sacred flame

why?
>>
>>161053794
60 with +6 pyro flames
the handaxe is +5 because I don't actually use it and had to hardswap it in
>>
>>161053935
boulder heave is a contingency for multiple people and sacred only works if they're dumb and try to roll into you/block it
I've got GCFO, fire surge, boulder heave, black serpent, great combustion
each one has a specific use so it works out well without having to rely on sacred's slowass grab
>>
>>161053925
holy shit yes
this shit happens to me every time
people are just retarded
>>
>>161054160
>he doesn't know about the poise-cast into sacred flame into boulder have combo
>>
fuck blues
>>
DIE
>>
>>161054414
please stop
>>
Is the FC over?
>>
>>161054414
HE DABBIN
>>
>>161054550
pcucks
>>
File: delet.jpg (39KB, 388x400px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
39KB, 388x400px
>>161054414
>>
>people who will literally do nothing but roll unless they know your stamina bar is empty
is there nothing more cancerous to fight?

You can get them maybe once or twice by pretending your stamina bar is shorter than it is but that's it
>>
>>161054893
fire surge
>>
>>161054905
When I do this they just roll away really far, how is this supposed to counter that?
>>
>>161054967
I enjoy using combustion or black flame on these people. shits great for trading blows
>>
>>161054967
run at them and fire surge
if they keep rolling away they're gonna hit something
>>
>>161054414
depression?
>>
>>161055019
>>161055078
but literally none of these things will catch someone if he's not attempting to attack in the first place
>>
>>161055374
depression wouldn't be that mean
>>
What do you do with your attunement slot as a Knight?
>>
>>161055975
Force
I also pick Herald ;)
>>
>>161053901
sorry m8 she wasn't actually in the game
she doesn't count
>>
File: 1479934682817.png (560KB, 738x943px) Image search: [Google]
1479934682817.png
560KB, 738x943px
Ah yes, my most prized guests. It's good to finally have you over. I'm glad we finally have the chance to negotiate our terms.

Of course there will be water at the meeting, but I have some other methods of convincing you as well. This, is my dancer.

She's been broken in, don't worry, she's all yours, my most prized guests from foreign lands. If she cannot convince you to give Irithyll half of your born females as tribute, I'm almost certain nothing will.
>>
>>161055975
Who says you have to do anything with it?
>>
Whats a good SL120 build for a sorcerer with anime scythes?
>>
>>161055975
Fire Surge is my go-to although the sweat spells are situationally useful for an otherwise-useless slot. Pyroglove literally weighs 0 so there's little reason not to use it. What otehr spells can you even cast with those stats? Heal Aid, I guess, and maybe Farron Dart/Great Farron Dart (do people even use these anymore)?
>>
>>161056378
>little reason not to use it
How about mashing your dpad like a madman in the middle of a brawl?
>>
>>161056593
That's why I said little reason instead of no reason, but then my item hotbar is a fucking mess so I could care less about minmaxing switch times. If you think that's a problem just unequip the flame and hardswap it if you for some reason find yourself needing it and the hardswap doesn't spoil the opportunity.
>>
>>161056125
Looks good, but can I see her face?
>>
>INSPIRED BY LEGOLAS
>>
>>161056691
Seemed like a big reason to me.
I hate having a messy hotbar for my shit. I'm also bad at multitasking so whatever
>>
File: 1479935013581.png (995KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479935013581.png
995KB, 900x720px
>>161056790
Uhm, well, not exactly.
>>
>get hit by astora greatsword 2h rolling attack
>barely does 300 damage

wow this weapon is shit now
>>
>>161057056
it's shit but it's still the most a e s t h e t i c s ugs
prove me wrong you can't
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
What is the name of this model and where do I find it on PC?
>>
>lets do some low level invasions tonight on pc
>where the fuck is this host
>summoning another mad spirit
>me and other mad spirit go running around looking for him forever
>suddenly other mad spirit gets the effect from seed of giant
>but enemies don't seem to care about me at all, can't even aggro them
>other mad spirit dies
>suddenly get hit by a CSS (this was in swamp right outside of farron keep at 35 with a +3) for like 1400 damage and die
>saw it casted, but couldn't actually see the player model, host was totally invisible
>"HELLOOOO"
>"HELLOOOO"
>can literally see the wood carvings popping up out of thin air

Right, well that is enough invading for a lifetime.
>>
>>161057205
What? The armor?
>>
>>161057390
Both
>>
>>161056885
The deal is off, Sillyman.
>>
>guy named Ornstein in a fightclub
>he's using a cestus in the offhand
>decide he's a faggot and throw a firebomb at him while he's fighting
>he chases me down with hacks on and oneshots me with a curved sword

I can't decide if this is funny or sad

who does that
>>
>>161057367
Yeah I don't invade on pc. Invasions on 3 are already bad enough, then you throw in the fact that you are liable to run into a cheat engine using faggot, its just not a good time.
>>
>>161057514
Smough's armor with dragon form, have you literally even played this game
>>
>>161057549
*directs index finger towards the location of your death*
>>
Someone using CE tell me if morion blade and rtsr makes bow damage somewhat respectable. I don't feel like spending all the time getting it situated only to be disappointed
>>
>>161057723
Do it yourself, you lazy fuck. God damn.
>>
>>161057649
Close, he clapped

I just don't get the mindset. I talked to the host whose fightclub he was fighting in and he said he had 99 dex and 60 str. He was fighting there legit, too
>>
>>161057863
I'm a console pleb. It wouldntske me several hours. To kill abyss watchers to get Yuria to spawn. Then level up sufficiently to kill dancer for rstr
CE users can do it in 5 seconds
>>
>>161058050
Oh. I forgot consoles existed, I just thought you were being lazy. My bad senpai.
>>
How fine people say des oozes atmosphere? Is it just blind nostalgia ?
>>
If possible, can any CE wizards take a close up pic of the Abyss Watchers's face? They seem to have normal human eyes but I don't know for sure and it's been bugging me.
>>
>>161058458
It's because they forget levels other than 3-1 exist.
>>
File: 1480033241704.jpg (35KB, 650x355px) Image search: [Google]
1480033241704.jpg
35KB, 650x355px
>>161058458
>there are people who don't think DeS has atmosphere
>>
>>161058591
>there are people that think that a bunch of dreglings groaning and PLEASE HELP ME AAAAARRRGH repeated ad infinitum is atmosphere
>>
>>161044129
But it isn't a bad build for the reasons he just specified.

You're tanky as fuck, you hit hard as fuck, and can't be flinched by basically anything. Because pyro needs no stat investment, you also have access to hard hitting dark pyromancy like black flame for things your sword can't take care of.

It's a very good heavy-weapon/side magic oriented build. Looks stylish to boot but that's my opinion.
>>
>>161043813
>that shameful parry spam

ambushing people like that is probably the only way you can get kills legit
>>
>>161044832
I tried a build for it once.
It doesn't combo R1 - R1.
>>
>>161059028
Zwei is literally the WORST backstab bait possible
can't even equip hornet so it can't backstab fish
anyone with half a brain can toggle out of the stun lock or just parry
loses to any ranged options especially dark magic AND loses to kumo/demon spear/anything that outranges Zwei (a lot)
for you to think that build is anything but a joke is laughable in itself
>>
>>161058458
DeS just gets a pass around here because it was the first souls game. It's objectively worse than dark souls 2, but fanboys gonna fanboy
>>
>>161059271
It WAS a good build for invading terribad shitters who don't know about the meta/are using a shit build

This is why it was SL99 and not 120/125.
>>
File: 1469689773922.jpg (26KB, 320x383px) Image search: [Google]
1469689773922.jpg
26KB, 320x383px
>>161058843
And what would you consider atmosphere?

>>161059272
DaS2 is a poorly made game. DeS at least tries its hardest lovingly.
>>
>>161059271
giantdad is effective when not played like in the video
it's a good passive backstab fisher, very durable for the level compared to all the flimsy 300 or lower defense chainmoms

is it SL135 havelmom with hornet great club? no
for the level, it is good
>>
File: 1469069355745.png (492KB, 636x452px) Image search: [Google]
1469069355745.png
492KB, 636x452px
>>161059504
New Londo Ruins, Duke's Archives, Painted World

Essentially any area in Bloodborne

3-1 is annoying, grating on the ears, lacks subtlety, beats you on the head with its sound design which is absolutely not the way to do it
>>
>>161059602
For the record, Giantdad is entirely inferior to SL99 Giantmom. The build is a meme, simply put, and there is no escaping that branding.
>>
>>161045318
Dark sword+shield of want is the definitive "I don't pvp" set up.
>>
I want Jojo posters to leave
>>
>>161059762
>New Londo Ruins
Man, no other game company will ever have the balls to put in area like New Londo ruins near the start of the game ever again.
Truly sad.
>>
>>161059887
>literally an entire game series directed and/or influenced by an obnoxious Jojo fanboy
They are an integral part of the fanbase at this point, there's no helping that.
>>
File: bows are FUCKING shit, friend.png (28KB, 1161x405px) Image search: [Google]
bows are FUCKING shit, friend.png
28KB, 1161x405px
>>161057723
can't access ds3 and CE right now, so this is only using mugenmonkey numbers and assuming that % buffs are multiplicative

might be wrong
>>
>>161059897
>no other company
Make that "no company". Neo-from is a bunch of pussies catering to casuals
>>
File: 1479380945578.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1479380945578.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>Go through all of Valley of Defilement without dying
>kill black phantom in the world
>thought I was pure white but apparently not because no Selen Vinland and no black phantom Garl

The fuck man what do you want from me?
>>
File: 1469088249965.png (216KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469088249965.png
216KB, 320x320px
>>161059762
>Duke's Archives
That aside, Boletaria, Valley of Defilement, and Shrine of Storms are all perfectly acceptable in my book

3-1 is a bit overhyped but I think it's fine
>>
DeS: Melee hyper wizard (crescent Falchion) using rats ring and motion blade.

DaS: Hyper mode rtsr power within sanctum shield using giant blacksmith hammer with estoc moveset swap

DaS2 rtsr Flynn estoc

Das3 rtsr knights ring hunters ring lightning clutch morion blade raw dragonslayer axe

BB:3x poor man gems with saw cleaver and paper+pellet

Rate my builds
>>
>>161059953
The Souls series are based off Berserk. Not JoJo memes adventure
>>
>>161060057
>moveset swapping
Shit/10, would play with just to teach about sync errors

>everything else
7/10 would throw knives at
>>
>>161060057
All shit. It's like you went and bought a starter deck of builds.
>>
File: 1469338340977-a.png (2MB, 833x936px) Image search: [Google]
1469338340977-a.png
2MB, 833x936px
>>161060036
Go to Duke's and listen with headphones. You'll see.
>>
File: 1463684888356.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463684888356.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161060116
Sure, friend. No Jojo influence at all.
But yes, everyone already knows about the Berserk memes because they don't even know the meaning of the word subtle.
>>
>>161043689
>>161043843
Meme all you want but Ds2 is without a doubt the best souls game for pvp, it's literally not a contest. It's only fault is soul memory.

compare every single mechanic combat wise between the 3 games and Ds2 comes out on top everytime.

>backstabs
>too bullshit in 1
>too unreliable in 3(and parryable)
>just right in 2

>poise
>too strong in 1
>a big fucking meme in 3 that took almost a year to be a thing
>just right in 2

>chugging/roll catching
>severely punished in 1(see backstabs)
>nearly impossible to punish in 3
>easily punished in 2 without being as obnoxious as 1

Not to mention ds1 and ds3 just having stupid shit to deal with in general

>armor way too fucking strong in ds1
>broken weapon art combos in 3
>most spells are garbage in 3 and 1
>90% of infusions outclassed in 3 by a select few
>invasions completely fucked in 3

ect

Anyone who thinks Carthus Curved Fighter or Japanese Backstab Olympics is better than 2 when it comes to pvp seriously needs help. Having put over 1k+ hours on all of them Ds2 by far kept it balanced and gave plenty of build viable variety.
>>
>>161060159
>Not moveset swapping
It's like you hate fun
>>
I'm wanting to try a fashion setup of Old Sage's Blindfold, Dragonscale Armor and Faraam Boots. What would be some decent looking gloves to go with this and get me to 23-24 poise so I trade a little bit when using a MLGS?
>>
>>161060296
>soul memory
>fault
>>
>>161060291
Pontiff summons and after image, it's not a stand for Dusk's sake. Stop being an obnoxious Jojo faggot. Are you going to call pinwheel clones stands too? What about Darklurker clone?
>>
File: 1470195939249.png (101KB, 262x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470195939249.png
101KB, 262x270px
>>161060394
Explain how they aren't
>>
>>161060359
>soul memory
>good
It literally reads: No builds, every character can use everything because even if you stop leveling up you're going to be matched with people who did so there is no reason not to get 99 in every stat
>>
>>161060394
I don't even know anything about Jojo, I'm just feeding you the memes I've heard while lurking here.
And it's working :^)
>>
File: 1469088662480.jpg (96KB, 600x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1469088662480.jpg
96KB, 600x1093px
>>161060221
I know what you're talking about, but the sound won't sell me on it being a cramped series of walkways with a bunch of enemies and bookshelves thrown all over the place

The prison is pretty spooky though, the discordant song they use for the Pisaca summoning is neat.
>>
>>161060291
Soul of cinder is a dbz reference because of soul stream
Aldrich is a Javanese hentai reference
Gundyr is a gundam reference
>>
>>161060359
Soul memory was bad and retarded. One thing Ds3 did do right was scale weapons with enhancement, even if they did fuck it up with password summons anyway.
>>
>>161060534
>Iudex Gundam
what could have been
>>
>>161060459
Do you look in the mirror and talk to your reflection as if it was your stand?
>>
File: 1477888382635.png (165KB, 300x438px) Image search: [Google]
1477888382635.png
165KB, 300x438px
>>161060359
>DaS2 defenders are willing to defend Soul Memory
Every time I remember this I lose a little piece of my soul
>>
>>161060394
>after image
>moves before he does
Sure fampai, whatever you say.
>>
>>161060536
Soul memory and weapon memory are equally as bad. Hidden systems are stupid. Weapon memory should have been disclosed by from at launch, not something the community had to figure out
At least soul memory has a work around with a ring, there is no work around with weapon memory
>>
>>161060476
You're not realistically going to get above SL400, not even with giant lord farming, not even on NG+22
Dark Souls 2 rewards going to 99 in a stat. Even when you have the soul levels to have 50 in all stats, you can still specialize in heavy powerstances + armor, maximum cast speed magic at full power, 99 DEX for ridiculous Loyce Greatsword / Ricard's / Blacksteel power, just going full fuckin VIG + END gouge with Raw Black Dragon weapons, etc

This is more variety at this absurd SL than 40/40/40/40 Souls 3

This "everyone was a 99 all stat max level" thing is nothing but a lie.
>>
>>161060630
>people fall for false-flagging this easily

I think making DaS3 have a very linear gameworld was a good design choice.

t. person who in no way actually has an agenda against DaS3 and/or isn't baiting for replies
>>
>>161043980
Demon's Souls: Sonic
Dark Souls: Sonic Adventure
Dark Souls 2: Sonic Adventure 2
Bloodborne: Shadow the Hedgehog
Dark Souls 3: Sonic 2006
>>
File: 1469917411132-a.png (949KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469917411132-a.png
949KB, 1280x720px
>>161060610
Do you summon your reflection to fight for you, as a representation of yourself? That's a stand
>>
File: 1470657624795.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1470657624795.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>161060704
>Soul Memory and weapon memory are equally as bad
If you want to argue the bit about hidden systems that's your jam, but the work around with Weapon Memory when intentionally cooping is to not upgrade or to upgrade deliberately for either.

Plus the way the game is scaled you're always going to be within the community's SL/WM range because of the way they hold titanite in the game. (Unless of course the person in question is autistically acquiring these)
>>
>>161060792
But literally all of those are terrible games except the first Sonic.
Wait, I see what you did there.
>>
>>161060704
From is too stupid to just make it so that invaders and summons always scale down or up to the hosts most upgraded weapon.

But I'll take weapon level or soul memory either way.
>>
>>161060630
It happens wit hthe passing of time. Shitlords who don't actually play the game anymore wax lyrical about half-remembered half-imagined >good points and are willing to defend all the game's failings because their nostalgia compels them.

You should have seen this thread when DaS2 was in its heyday and everyone was trying to defend lagstabs and the Darkmoon invasion system in DaS1. Some people just will not admit a game is bad or has bad points.

>>161060704
>Agape Ring
>fix
Sure I get no more souls. Wait, I get no more souls, so all my consumables are basically one-use. What if I'm a hexer? Just fuck me, right?
>>
>>161060792
>>161043980
Dark Souls 2 is the best as it should be
>>
>>161060792
Are you somehow implying DaS2 is better than DaS1 or 3
>>
>>161060841
Name one (1) stand in the series that is a clone of the user.
>>
>>161060895
>no more souls
>retarded durability mechanics and easily available corrosive urns means your shit breaks and you need to spend souls to fix it
>>
>>161060116
Souls is inspired from a bunch of anime/mangas, the most prominent being berserk. Not exclusively berserk. Alonne knight armor for example is from fate zero
>>161060610
A reflection isn't a tangible thing that can hurt others, you walking meme
>>
>>161060848
The work around for wm is gimping yourself which does against the spirit of the game. I'll take -1 ring slot over 7 upgrades any day
>>
>>161060895
>Some people just will not admit a game is bad or has bad points.
Except people who liked DaS2 overall will almost unanimously concede that it had many bad points, such as Soul Memory. Anyone claiming 2 didn't have any bad points is a false-flagging shitposter, this much should be obvious considering how common the practice is on anonymous boards.
>>
File: 1472176998281.jpg (53KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1472176998281.jpg
53KB, 878x814px
>>161061035
>[...] is gimping yourself
But if you're playing in the regular titanite upgrade regions you'll literally always be fucking level

An SL1 +10 is not going to run into an SL1 +1, the capability of your character is relative to your investments and the power of the weapon you chose for that SL/WM range
>>
>from uses anime as inspiration
>Gets subpar and lack luster games
>From uses eldritch horror and Lovecraft as inspiration
>Gets greatest game they've ever made
Funny how that works
>>
>>161060980
>Alonne knight armor for example is from fate zero
It doesn't look anything like Lancelot's armor. It looks closer to fucking Shredder from TMNT than Lancelot.
>>
>>161061113
And in telling you wm is a stupid mechanic that had no Reason to be in the game. Just as bad as soul memory if not worse because am has a decent work around and was disclosed upfront
>>
File: 1442936079.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1442936079.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
>>161061112
DaS2 shitposters only ever concede that Soul Memory is bad, because it is universally fucking terrible

They will defend fucking anything from that game, ANYTHING, if it is not Soul Memory.
>>
>>161061114
>from uses anime as inspiration
>Lady Maria, Sister Elfriede, Abyss Watchers, greatest bosses they've ever made
>from uses eldritch horror and Lovecraft as inspiration
>Celestial Emissary, Living Failures, subpar and lack luster bosses
>>
>>161061228
>Abyss watchers
>Good
>Maria
>Good
Loving every laugh
>>
>>161061206
Shitposters, sure, shitposters gotta shitpost.
There are plenty of people who liked DaS2 who don't shitpost about it. Shame that people are so quick to generalize though.
>>
>>161061228
>Abyss Watchers
>greatest bosses they've ever made

These two do not deserve being mentioned in the same sentence. Seriously, you have a point otherwise but AWs is just a terrible meme boss.
>>
File: 1468988178121.jpg (145KB, 529x767px) Image search: [Google]
1468988178121.jpg
145KB, 529x767px
>>161061197
You're telling me that, but you're not actually defending yourself. You're just creating shitty justifications for SM and DaS1 twinks rather than actually listing why the system is terrible in response to what I said

And the -1 ring slot is inconsequential versus what the ring actually does, anyways.
>>
>>161061228
>backstab bait
>no-poise staggerlock bullying victims
>great bosses

???
>>
>>161060895
Just like how DeSfags won't admit their game aged poorly and is outdated trash

Just like how das1 fags won't admit their PvP is shit and the second half of the game is awful
Just like how das3 fags won't admit how empty and shallow their game really is, how easy the game has been dumbed down and the lack of depth because of it

Just like how bbfags won't admit being exclusive isn't s good thing

Surprise surprise fan's of a game are defensive over it
>>
File: 1475166929554.png (590KB, 566x582px) Image search: [Google]
1475166929554.png
590KB, 566x582px
>>161061286
>shitposters have to be people who are intentionally acting
>implying DaS2 shitposters aren't just fucking madmen who irrationally defend the worst entry in the Soulsborne anthology
>every
>single
>one
>like you're doing right now
>>
File: Vergil.jpg (657KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Vergil.jpg
657KB, 1200x1600px
>>161061359
>>161061301
>bosses that use the same rules as the player are bad
>>
>>161060717
I genuinely didn't know shit about DaS2 meta as I didn't play it.
That's pretty good to know.
I mean, it doesn't completely redeem SM but that doesn't sound absolutely terrible. Just plain horrible. At the ends of the day, 50 in all stats still lets you do everything effectively, you just won't be doing the maximum. And from my experience with 1+3 PvP, maximum isn't all that much better than softcap.
>>
>>161061447
Abyss Watchers and Friede do not use the same rules as the player. They can be stunlocked but they can just as easily randomly quickstep out of the stun (which players can't do, by the way) when they decide they've had enough, not to mention literally infinite stamina.

The only Souls boss that actually used the same rules as the player was the Old Monk and oh look, that was an innovative and high-quality boss.
>>
File: 1478715904498.png (205KB, 502x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478715904498.png
205KB, 502x523px
>he unironically uses "aged poorly" as an argument
>>
File: 1446052079438.jpg (540KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1446052079438.jpg
540KB, 2560x1440px
>>161061436
>implying we're not all fucking madmen
>>
>>161061347
Twinking was never a problem. Hosts have severe advantages and offline play is an option. There doesn't need to be any more measures added to prevent it then there already are. Im not defending soul memory, I'm saying it's better that weapon memory. Preventing players from upgrading their weapons and locking them into a small pool of other upgrades players is retarded.
>>
>>161061206
>Soul Memory is bad
soul memory isnt bad.
Its completely overblown about how bad it is.
It succeeds in preventing new players from being swarmed by twinks.
The SM tiers grow wider as you get spend more souls, as do the range of players you encounter.
>>
>>161061537
If your game can't be enjoyed 8 years after launch, it's not a good game.
>>
>>161061436
people have different opinions
god, you are so autistic
>>
>>161061609
>>161061609
>>161061609
New Thread
>>161061609
>>161061609
>>161061609
>>
>>161061347
Stepping in here because it's an interesting topic, the problems with Weapon Memory are:

1) Transparency; nowhere in-game does it tell you that this is a thing that exists.
2) Permanence; if you EVER upgrade a weapon past a threshold, your WM is locked at a new minimum forever. This, however, stems from a different issue, which is the fact that you can hardswap gear during multiplayer interactions, something I personally think should've been prevented several games ago now. But that's a subjective opinion and would probably piss off a bunch of people who like to hardswap weapons for ebin criticals.

Also brief side-comment on Soul Memory; It would've probably been an okay system if it counted souls -spent- on non-consumable/material sources, not souls -gained- period. Not sure why they didn't go with that option. From has a history of good ideas with terrible execution, and a severe lack of thorough testing/feedback cycles before final release. Judging by their self-published titles, this isn't something one can simply blame on Bamco either.
>>
>>161061517
Also the triple super squad in the Sunken King DLC.
>>
>>161061228
Maria, a boss that can be staggered after two hits and parried immediately after.

Abyss watchers, a boss that is just a basic invader npc and behaves like one.

Friede is a good boss but sadly licked behind two phases of bad bosses. Phase 1 is brain dead easy, 2 is pointless and also brain-dead easy. The first two phases are just waste of time.
>>
File: 1467150578198.gif (2MB, 209x229px) Image search: [Google]
1467150578198.gif
2MB, 209x229px
>>161061554
>
But if you just play the game normally and upgrade your weapon every chance you are given, you'll naturally end up with whatever players are IN THAT AREA by design, it's almost completely sound except for low SL players getting endgame gear or people who just don't upgrade their weapon because they're fucking memers

>>161061597
SM completely defeats trying to use online though, and on the occasion you're so inclined to grind for something you can end up in a different SM bracket than was intended.
>>
>>161061670
>Ganksquads: The Feature Film
Literally a shit boss, if you can even call it a boss.
>>
>>161061757
What is normally? You know there are many ways to approach the game right? If I killed dancer first I am now blessed with a +9 weapon. But now I'm punished because of a hidden rule designed to coddle new players
>>
>>161061517
Players can roll out of stunlocks
>>
>>161061972
Roll, sure. Not do some retarded anime leap 20 feat away.
>>
>>161062001
Most bosses have been dashing instead of rolling. Even Taurus in ds1
>>
>>161034331
Looking Glass Knight and Old Monk happened.
>>
>>161051186
>From also admitted that difficulty was lowered at the last minute due to an order from Bamco
Do you have any source for this? And Bamco rushing the game out probably was one of the reasons why things like the NG+ was so lame despite earlier promises. Glad they're with Kadokawa now.
>>
>>161064318
3 is already released, the mechanics are set in stone.
Literally nothing is going to change other than numbers and maybe new weapons. But new weapons won't be too crazy because they would invalidate the base game otherwise.
So saying "what if" is an entirely fruitless and frustrating endeavor. Best case scenario is hope another developer tries their hand at the soulsborne concept and does it better because From has certainly shown themselves to be incompetent.
Thread posts: 820
Thread images: 165

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.