[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terraria General - /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 150

File: greifing.jpg (177KB, 618x490px) Image search: [Google]
greifing.jpg
177KB, 618x490px
>For new players getting started
http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Getting_started

>Wiki
http://terraria.gamepedia.com
http://yal.cc/r/terranion

>Terraria Servers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxC8tM4dYFNzHhV7nZU2-XRYumuseGfAsXVegvDfnRw

>Soundtrack DL
http://pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Terraria: Otherworld
http://pastebin.com/7c9gXdiK

>MODS - Inventory editors, world generators, trainers and more
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/119/

>TerraMap - map viewer
https://terramap.codeplex.com/

>TShock - Server client
https://tshock.co

>TEdit - World view/editor
http://binaryconstruct.com/games/tedit
http://www.binaryconstruct.com/downloads/

>Block list, furniture themes and paint
http://imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
http://imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
http://imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread >>160618059
>>
Attempting to host a server for a bit, anyone interested?
>>
>>160854909
New adventure or can we bring characters we've been using?
>>
What's the best way to spawn the fucking skeleton merchant? I need his yoyo gloves and I've been spending hours looking for the guy while hardmode monsters rapes my vulnerable body.
>>
>>160856693
underground jungle + water candle
just kill things until he spawns
>>
>>160856693
The trick is not looking for him.
>>
>>160856862
Any reason for underground jungle specifically?
>>
>>160856960
it has a crazy high spawn rate
>>
>>160856960
Higher spawn rate for monsters?
>>
>>160857235
>>160857274
Thanks, luvs.
>>
>Didn't want to check my surface dungeon without a depth meter, as the surface in that area was visibly lower than the rest of my world
>Finally beat skeletron
>water bolt was sitting right there waiting for me

Oh well. My ruby staff served me well enough.
>>
So what's the point in doing the 1st tier of the DD2 event? It's just 5 waves and you only get a mask and a table as a reward for winning.
>>
>>160865065
You can farm up the early sets pretty easily since the first tier is pathetically easy and quick.
>>
>>160865065

You have to beat it to use the new sentry rods. I keep forgetting I have them, but they have come in handy.
>>
>tmodloader still hasn't updated
I guess, while I'm waiting, what are some good mods worth using for terraria? I'm not sure how I feel about content stuff, because I don't want a ton of bloat, I more want things to enhance and spice things up a bit like the prefixes for monsters or the class rpg ones.
If there's new content stuff that doesn't drown the world in new ores and needs a dozen new crafting stations, that's fine.
>>
>>160865129
>>160866065
So they're there so I can prepare for the 2nd tier of DD2 invasions, which unlock after the mechanical bosses. Got it.
>>
>>160866065
>>160866553

I guess I should specify - you need to beat the event to use the sentry rods freely outside of the event.
>>
File: happy at the cost of failure.gif (908KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
happy at the cost of failure.gif
908KB, 180x200px
>Randomly find slime staff from a slime rain
>Already have Imps
>>
>>160869263
It's still the best summon weapon to pair with the greedy ring
>>
>>160867169
I have already beat the event. I am on the first phase, tier, or whatever of the event, though. The last wave is the 5th and the last boss is the mage. I am just wondering what's the purpose of this part of the event, the pre-mech bosses part, apart from farming for medals.
>>
>>160870308
Introduction to the event for newer players?
>>
>>160870308
You get to experience the event without getting raped. It is fairly fun
>>
>want to progress further through expert hardmode with my friend
>hes foreign and my sleep is so out of whack right now i only ever catch him with like 2 hours of his day left
>he refuses to play even though this is plenty of time to make even a little progress
>waste all his time playing some other game with him anyways
f-fuck
>>
>>160870308
>I am just wondering what's the purpose of this part of the event,

I just told you. You beat the first phase so you can use the sentry rods outside of the event. That's it. Now that you've done it - awesome, you are done with phase one.

Instead of farming for enemy drops, you can farm to get each of the sentry rods. It may seem lackluster but what do you expect pre hard mode? You can complete that part as soon as you beat the brain/eater, the rewards at that point aren't going to be very good yet. But at the same time they are unique in that they are they only sentry weapons available at that point.
>>
>All the interesting weapons are arbitrarily locked behind beating plantera
>Plantera is, by extension, locked behind beating ALL 3 mechanical bosses as a fucking awful balance measure red thought was ok to implement (it wasn't)
>Beating all the mechs is a fucking chore and often really fucking hard
>Once you have all your gear from the bosses, Plantera is laughably easy and is almost entirely irrelevant besides being a piss-poor content gate-keeper
I wish the new guys made better decisions than red did. New stuff is cool but everytime I see "XXX is a Hardmode post-Plantera weapon..." on the wiki I want to fucking kill myself,
>>
>>160871836
And the mech bosses are locked behind the wall of flesh
And the wall of flesh is locked behind the guide

The guide is the source of all evil.
>>
>>160871836
In my experience the Mech bosses are much easier than Plantera and Plantera itself is very easy once you get any pair of wings and Golem is arguably easier than all 4 of them.
>>
>go full tank while buddy goes full DPS
>we're pissing away both plantera and golem by now
>can't beat the dundef event though
With the Terra blade i kind of manage my lane but Betsy really fucks us up with all these flying enemies.
Should i switch class to ranged or try to farm the summoned moons for better gear first?
>>
>>160871836

So what would you rather have? You unlock hard mode and everything is available from the get go?

>>160873930

I haven't gotten to hard mode in this play through yet, but would the storm bow with holy arrows work? The dragon looks pretty big from what I have seen so it shouldn't be too hard to shower it with doom from above. Otherwise I know yoyos with the yoyo bag deal high single target damage. If you can get the one from mothron I bet you'd be OK.

Also for what it is worth, when doing the event in normal mode I found placing a couple flame towers on a few blocks up above the crystal helped a ton. If you place the towers higher up they have a much easier time targeting the enemies in the air.
>>
>>160876126
The stormbow + holy arrows are great for dealing with the trash mobs but it'd be better to switch to one of the Hardmode Dungeon guns (With Ichor bullets of course) or Tsunami when Betsycomes along
>>
>>160876126
>>160876541
The problem with Betsy is that she's moving really fast and uses mostly dashes to attack, very similar to Duke Fishron. I presume hitting her with the Sniper Rifle will be hard.
>>
>>160877418
Tactical Shotgun? Nailgun?
>>
>>160877418
If you suck at aiming then just use Tactical shotgun + Chlorophyte bullets
>>
>Harpies spawn everywhere in the sky instead of just near sky islands
Fucking why.
>>
>>160879223
This made making a railway across the sky of the entire world the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER
>>
>>160879223
>>160879329
Put on some summoner gear and have your minions kill them while you build
>>
>>160879329
Beyond that, I'm trying to find the sky islands on my new character/world without cheating, and I started jumping off my railway as soon as I saw them several times expecting the sky island to be nearby. They're fucking with warning signs, this sucks.
>>
>>160871836
The only one that really bugs me is the Moon events being locked behind Plantera
I always have some trouble with Plantera on expert, but everything else after it is irrelevant thanks to how easily you can get Lunar weapons
>>
>>160879468
Oh I'm way beyond that. I'm wearing bee armor and summoning 4 imps now. It's absolutely unfair.
>>
>>160879719
Of course the Lunar events would be locked behind other bosses, they are intended to be completed last.
>>
Quick, show me your fanciest, most aesthetically pleasing dundef arena. I need ideas to steal shamelessly.
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-22 18_03_50.png (505KB, 1936x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-22 18_03_50.png
505KB, 1936x1072px
>>160881934
>>
What are the brightest placeable lights? I'm tired of having to build in the dark, and I don't want a bright light pet floating in front of where I'm trying to place things.
>>
File: 1349601129905.gif (216KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1349601129905.gif
216KB, 180x180px
A mimic is being displayed by your lifeform analyzer.

How do you respond?
>>
>>160886561
>Stardust Dragon kills it offscreen in the dark after chasing some other enemy
>No idea where it was
>>
>>160886561
Drop everything to awkwardly chug a hunter potion and then have it despawn before I can even figure out which direction it's in.
>>
>>160880189
I think you missed my point
After you beat Plantera you can race through what's left of the game extremely quickly. Golem is a pushover, the Moon events aren't mandatory, Fishron isn't mandatory, and the new Dungeon isn't mandatory.
Most of the drops from those post-Plantera battles are all trumped by Lunar items, which can easily be obtained after beating just one Tower.

There's a bunch of cool gear there but the progression is so messed up you'll hardly use any of it unless you're a summoner. Fishron is the only one that might be relevant since you can face him at any time. It'd be much better if the Moon events could be attempted earlier and Lunar weapons took more effort or even required beating the Moon Lord.
>>
>>160886406
White torches, crafted from diamonds.
>>
>>160886561
Kill it and get another damn magic dagger
>>
I see Plantera as just a way to upgrade the Witch Doctor and getting better summoning gear and the keys if I choose to use them. If lucky maybe get The Axe. I have to kinda agree Plantera being a wall is kinda stupid. What does Plantera do exactly to keep you from getting ecoplasum and harder monsters in the dungeon which is on the other side of the world? Melee can make turtle armor, Range can grow surface mushroom just fine but mages? Yea mages can just go fuck themselves. May as well skip and do the pillars.

With Moon Lord they should've removed the Plantera wall. Do anyone really see Plantera being a required boss anyway, hell doesn't even have a summoning item which literally every other boss have beside Duke somewhat who is optional. Plantera should've been made optional and all related plantera-death items should became normal hardmode items.
>>
>>160888140
Oh these'll do nicely. Thanks, anon. You're a peach.
>>
>>160888992
I get the feeling a lot of stuff was locked behind Plantera because it was convenient for balance reasons, since a lot of that stuff used to be available right from the onset of hardmode and completely trivialized early hardmode.
>>
what's a good way for chest categorization
considering doing it like this
>plaques over a section of chests, max 3, displaying what's in the chests
>for example a picture of a bar for ore, bars, and gems
>a picture of a stone brick for bricks of any sort
>a picture of a piano for decorative items
>>
File: Skeleton Party.png (6KB, 456x76px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Party.png
6KB, 456x76px
>>
Speaking of bosses, there needs to be a hallow boss and a hardmode boss for crimson/corruption.

Maybe not full fledged bosses but miniboss encounters like kingslime. Hardmode is missing stuff like him.
>>
>>160891440
just wait for 1.4
>>
Small worlds are horrible for building mansions because it's not long before you get into space.

I initially did it because I wanted it to be compact and reduce load times and get to ocean easy. But I see my error.

Now I am planning to make a new large world to use, and have a network of teleports all in one isolated teleport room (which you enter by using the teleporter which will be in my personal room).
Also, I'll plan to hide a storage room on an underground level (need a plan to prevent spawns from happening there, if possible). This storage will also use a teleporter to access, storage room teleport will also be in my room.

Additionally, the teleport room will have access to both oceans, each sky island, the middle of hell, and each end of hell, and to a surface shack found in every biome area near a lake in each (or for underground biomes, near an underground lake for them).

There will also actually be an arena area, which is something I don't normally do.

Any other suggestions? Something I missed?
Ideas for organizing and aesthetics? I don't actually build very much aside from pure function and I don't usually ever use the hammer to make them look pretty. What is a nice regular material to use regularly? I like things to be uniform and relatively simple. My current mansion is made of skyblocks (from the sky island buildings) and gold blocks (stolen from jungles) for my NPC commieblock apartments. Which will also be underground in an isolated area (with no way out or in, maybe just above my treasure room). Finally a small treasure area at my room for things I might actually want to use occasionally, and for my one-of items with best modifiers.
>>
>>160892235
>(need a plan to prevent spawns from happening there, if possible)
Place Lizard Bricks. Player-placed ones don't cause spawns.
>>
>>160892235
The only use small words have is for beginner players or people who just want to rush through some bosses.
>>
>wire can be put into ammo slots
>actuators can't
Why?
>>
>>160892418
Can I just place Lizard Bricks around the entire structure? That way I can build it normally underground so it looks nice and then just give it a protective Lizard Brick coating to prevent spawns. I'm hoping a normal construction wall also doesn't cause spawns.

Also, I'm guessing that they removed Lizard Bricks placed by players from spawning because it has been abused before.
>>
>>160886784
>autopause off
Your own fault.
>>
>>160892235
If map width is a problem, just use TerraCustom and fiddle with the dimensions.
>>
>>160891440
>corruption/crimson/hallow versions of king slime

What would each have floating in them /teg/?
>>
>>160896603
>Purple slime, Eater of Worlds fragments
>Red slime, Decapitated Face Monster
>Pink slime, Unicorn on a Stick
>>
>>160896603
Hallow slime king: Some kind of generic Knight in shining Armour with a plume and cape and everything.

Corruption Slime King: Something like the Nazgul look when they're seen through the ring. Evil sorcerer kings.

King Crimson: A mass of amoeba in a human shape.

All of them drop neat costumes of course.
>>
Host of the last server i played on is a cuck and hasnt started the server for a few days.

Any of you dudes got a server that's pre-hardmode, expert server thats ok for a Molten geared character to join?
>>
>>160900809
why don't you host so i can play with you
>>
Setup a hardmode server!
new characters only.
>192.168.0.13
>7777
>>
>>160901683
because my internet is african desert tier

1.5mb/s down .7mb/s up at its BEST

which is maybe one hour a day.
>>
>>160901732
define "new"
>>
>>160901732
Hardcore*
>>
>>160901796
Make a new character fresh

Just launched
>>
>>160901732
forward your ports you cuck
>>
>>160901732
>192.168.0.X

you do know that's your local IP right?

try whatismyip.com
>>
>>160902170
I'm a fucking retard.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-23+at+02.18.16).jpg (17KB, 675x245px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-23+at+02.18.16).jpg
17KB, 675x245px
>>160902212
FORWARD YOUR

PORT
>>
>>160901732
>>160902086
kek
>>
>>160902212
>>160902281

Aft your starboard!
>>
>>160902281
working on it.

god damn,
>>
>>160902504
HURRY UP ANON

I WANT TO BUILD THINGS FOR YOU
>>
>>160902585
I THINK IT DID IT
>>
>>160902921
STILL CANT CONNECT

DO YOU HAVE ANY POTIONS, OR FOOD?
>>
>>160903008
>>160903008
WHAT THE FUCK

>24.84.130.198

>terraria in:7770~7779 out:7770~7779 TCP/UDP Local:192.168.(numbers)
I literally followed the guide to the damn point.
>>
>it's another anon ruins everything by saying he will host a server and then miserably fucking up several times in a row episode
>>
>>160903296
worst episodes.

I want to make this happen, my internet is the shit, any ideas on what do?
>>
So, after playing around with portals and the master ninja gear, I noticed that with the speed and distance a portal ejects you after dashing in, you can dash back really soon, just as you start slowing down after being ejected, and with minimal challenge can keep a dash-portal-eject-dash-portal-eject cycle going regularly.

So I'm wondering if this could at all be useful in helping to dodge damage from the Moon Lord fight with the dodge ability of the armor and the portal transportation to instantaneously move you away from the danger zone that is probably homing in on you.

Thoughts? Maybe a special arena could be built to keep it up. Sorry if it's already been tried and is a failure. I'm just trying to think with portals. It's a very cool mechanism, and it would be nice if it could work. Also wondering if it could work with giving a temporary honey regeneration buff at the moment you hit the portal because of the way it sucks you in with even half-contact through barriers or narrow space as long as you are moving into it.
>>
>>160903386

Also, what are the most fun things to do with portals that you guys have experienced?
>>
Someone try now for the love of god
>>
A flying enemy that spawns very often and shoots a VERY HIGH damage projectile from offscreen that can only be avoided if you're already in motion

Which enemy am I describing?
>>
>>160905526
I would say Moon Lord, but that faggot forced itself to the middle of your screen like an attention whore. Most of it sounds like Harpies, but they're weak unless in numbers.

Diabolists from Hardmode dungeons?
>>
File: Red Devil.png (462KB, 1017x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Red Devil.png
462KB, 1017x1083px
>>160905526
?
>>
>>160905526
Gastropod
>>160905672
Tridents don't accelerate the way demon scythes do.
>>
>>160905609
>>160905609
>I would say Moon Lord
>>spawns very often
>Most of it sounds like Harpies
>>VERY HIGH damage projectile from offscreen that can only be avoided if you're already in motion
>Diabolists from Hardmode dungeons?
>>can only be avoided if you're already in motion

>>160905672
>can only be avoided if you're already in motion

>>160905780
Correct!
>>
Gonna give it a shot as well
>>
>>160905816
I never would've guessed that. 50/100 isn't that high for hardmode.
>>
>>160905910
>50/100
>1/2
>Half
>NOT HIGH FOR HARDMODE
>>
SERVERS UP
>>
>>160906037
Don't be obtuse.
50 damage, or 100 in expert, can't be considered very high in hardmode. Lots of enemies, even other enemies with projectiles, do just as much or more. It's why I thought you were talking about the Red Devil, since they shoot for a rather ridiculous 160/320.
>>
>>160905816
Gastropods are a nightmare during early hardmode
>>
>>160905816
These things are a joke.
>"Ow, I got shot."
>Gastropod clearly wanders into view
>Moves slowly enough that you can jump over it and run away if needed
>Or just kill it
>Threat averted

The Diabolist is more threatening since it leaves an explosion for a few seconds, and always hits you when you're in a corner.
>>
>>160906298
>>160906583
Unless you're going full tank, Gastropods will do at least 80 damage in expert

>>160906583
>Or just kill it
It had bat-like movement, so hitting it with range will result in 1/7 hits landing on it
>inb4 b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but I'm different!
No, you're not, enemies that weave inbetween your shots are just as hard for you to hit as they are for me
>>
>>160906756
And so does everything else, what's your point?
>>
>>160906820
>And so does everything else, what's your point?
Backpeddling, good job

And my point is, only Gastropods have this exact combination
>>
>>160906892
You can't call it VERY HIGH DAMAGE if it isn't even high compared to every other enemy in hardmode.
>>
>>160906756
>just as hard for you to hit as they are for me
Anon, that's not how it works. You could have worse/better coordination than any other person posting. Nobody is equal.

That said, I'm not a bitch who hides at range. I jump into the fray and swing a melee weapon in the hopes that the enemy dies first. The best defense is a good pair of shoes with a good weapon.

I somehow managed the first half of Expert like a jumping retard thanks to the Slime mount. Thanks, King Slime!
>>
>>160906943
>I'm going to ignore what you said and go back to my old argument
just shut the fuck up, you'll look less retarded that way

>>160906958
So you admit you have no place in this conversation because you always go full-tank
>>
>>160907028
How does that equal tank? Tanks live, jumping idiots barely scrape by. I'd hardly consider the slime mount a tanking item.

The conversation is about Gastropods and Expert difficulty, not specific class loadouts. I simply said how I did the first bit of the difficulty as an example that there's more ways to combat an enemy that you have some trouble with.

Gastropods aren't the worst thing to deal with in Expert mode. The Unicorns pose more trouble, especially if you don't have a good knockback weapon. One laser every few seconds isn't going to kill you unless you were low on health or in a fight already. Gastropods bring nothing to the table that Eyezor, an even more deadly laser-spamming asshole, doesn't already bring.
>>
>>160907179
>How does that equal tank?
You said you use melee, melee has the highest armor, of course you have no problem with Gastropods

Unless there's someone else who wants to chime in, this conversation is over
>>
>>160907028
Ignore what, that gastropods do 80 damage in expert? I said as much myself, dumbass. Or what, that they have a combination of HIGH DAMAGE and all that other shit? Clearly not, since they've got some of the weakest projectiles in hardmode.

You're probably that fucker who died to destroyer even with daedalus stormbow, aren't you?
>>
>>160907293
>Oh FUCK I can't win this argument, maybe if I compare him to random people from over the years he'll go away
I'm going to help you out and call you a troll
0/10
>>
Whichever anon is the one complaining about Gastropods, are you HERO? Because you sound like him.

In other news, FUCK expert Moon Lord. I still can't kill him with any combination of standing still and not dying. I keep getting down to 10k health on his core before dying. I made progress, but not enough. I tried out all sorts of accesories, armors (including choro head and turtle chest/legs), and I made enough of every potion that helps in battles that I filled two chests with one potion each, so I'm more than prepared, but what the hell combination do I need to survive a bit longer?

Best record is with pure defense, no damage reduction.
>Celestial Shell, Celestial Stone, Night Stone, Paladin Shield, Ankh Shield, Fetid Knuckles, Chlorophyte Helm, Turtle chest and legs, Stardust Dragon with three segments (bewitching + summoning potion), and Terrarian
>Campfire, Heart Lantern, Honey pit, and too many heart statues are also present

Anyone have any ideas? I'm dead set on killing Moon Lord without having to move from the honey pit (or move at all).
>>
G-guys?

Let's get back to something meaningful.

>>160903386
>>160903469

Anyone?
>>
>>160907612
Switch to frozen turtle shell later in the fight for the % damage reduction?
>>
>>160907612
Why exactly are you not using any percentage damage reduction? A worm scarf or turtle shell will probably do you much better than the minuscule amount of mitigation the paladin shield and flesh knuckles are giving you.
>>
>>160907612
Get on the fishron mount for the damage boost?
>>
>>160907756
I tried that, taking the place of the Night Stone. The results were less than favorable. I'll give it a few more tries though with different bits swapped.

>>160907817
It's surprisingly not miniscule. As for the shell and scarf, I did use them. The result wasn't as good as pure armor, though maybe I didn't have it all on. I had so much shit in my inventory that I kept swapping around. I'll give it another go to see how I fare.
>>
File: 1461992257466.png (69KB, 400x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461992257466.png
69KB, 400x640px
what Star Wars references are in the game besides the two beamsabers?
i JUST got into the franchise so I'm all excited and shit. it sucks that I already know everything about them though because every other movie and tv show parodies them
>>
>>160859009
I always do a suicide run to kill the first few books and platforms and maybe open a wooden chest
>>
>>160905880
Anyone give this a shot yet? Is it working?
>>
>>160871836
The only "piss-poor" boss and content locker is Golem because he's far easier than the boss that comes before him.
in Expert Mode, mechanical bosses are properly easier than Plantera, all they have is buffed HP instead of buffed mechanics. Plantera is properly more difficult
>>
>>160908386
>somebody reposts your picture
But why? I think I made that to prove that crimson did spread in pre-hm and it broke sunflowers or something like that. Or maybe it was in HM and it broke sunflowers. I don't remember.
>>
>>160890143
>start hardmode
>JUST found out about not killing demon altars but instead fishing for crates
>doing daily fishing quest
>get a jungle crate
>Seedler sword
>wipe out Skeletron Prime when he "the air is getting colder around you" spawns with it
Now they changed it in a hotfix update so you can't get it until after Plantera. fuck.
>>
File: berserk pack.gif (1MB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
berserk pack.gif
1MB, 499x310px
>>160905672

>tfw reforge all my shit into crit/damage nowadays

she's the one who should be scared
>>
>>160905526
night hallow beam shooter guys. not the pixies, but the flying pink mushrooms that only come out at night
>>
>>160908589
It's scary to think that sunflowers were thought of as protectors from corruption, but they just get ruined
>>
>>160907941
I guess it really depends on what's killing you. If you're getting nicked to death by the little attacks, the percentage reduction isn't going to help you, but if it's the big ass laser that's doing you in, the percentage reduction will mitigate way more than the 7 damage either the paladin's shield or flesh knuckle will do.
>>
>>160854067
>check fancy builds google drive
>its full of shit with some decent builds every now and then
I NEED
AESTHETIC BUILDS
>>
>>160909317
OPINIONS
I want to puke every time I go to r/terraria and I find what they consider to be "aesthetic" builds.
>>
>tfw every mechanical boss is kicking my ass

What am I doing wrong? I'm using yoyos with a yoyo bag and I don't think I'm doing enough damage to the,
>>
>>160909931
if you're just using a Yo yo I think Skeletron Prime would be your easiest target. Have a floating wooden platform arena and keep moving. Dodging him is just like regular Skeletron, his top two arms should barely ever swing near you
>>
>>160890927
I used statues. Generally there is a statue for most categories that you might have. The plaques is a good idea though if you are willing to perma waste an item for each one and willing to waste the resources to make the plaques themselves. One reason I use statues is because I'm getting them anyway and it delay me being force to make a statue chest.
>>
>>160909931
The thing is that each of the mech boss is different. Unless you have gear you can only get after them then the option of using anything doesn't really exist.

Destroyer - multi shot, piercing attacks. Generally Harp or one of the good bows.
Twins - Dodge too much for bows, use a gun for better overall dps.
Prime - Yoyo. Gotta get the glove, weights and string. Get the whole kit if possible and double everything.
>>
Why is the ranger class so shit..
>>
>>160890927
>>160910170
You two know you can rename chests, right?
>>
>>160890927
>make a new character
>make a new world just for them
>feel like it's cheating to get some items from my other ones
>have 4-5 characters and worlds with stockpiles of every useful item you could want
>endless doubles triples/quadrulpes of armor sets and accessories
>will never get touched again
>still can't stop myself from stockpiling shit like statues and herbs and blocks i'll never actually use on new characters
why
>>
>>160910643
Because flying enemies have a tendency to dodge and weave between your shots, turning what should only take three shots to kill them, into 60 shots
>>
>>160910643
shooting a bullet isn't as fun as the interesting ways melee and magic weapons work? They tried, making the bullets unique, but that's still only 7 types of bullets compared to the couple dozen things it has to compete with
>>
>>160910727
this, ranger has literally no diversity specially during end game
>>
>>160910727
and arrows. there's also 10 types of arrows or so, and the bows are fun. phantasm and deadalus have cool mechanics
>>
>>160910658
I do but doesn't help when most chests look alike early game.
>>
>>160911397
I usually have 1 golden - 3 normal so I can create groups. The golden chest is Weapons 1, and then you have Weapons 2 to 4 in the normal chests.
>>
>>160911397
Separate them
>>
>>160910678
i have a different dilemma, as i've never created an organized and autistic chest room and can't prevent myself from doing it now
later i will even pillage whatever i can find from my old world from a couple years ago
>>
File: 1419632576872.jpg (19KB, 267x267px) Image search: [Google]
1419632576872.jpg
19KB, 267x267px
Can anyone give me a terrarian?
>>
>>160913339
Just cheat it in.
>>
>>160913339
I've beaten the memelord several times since 1.3 introduced him and I've never gotten the Terrarian
stupida facking game
>>
>>160910643
Because you're shit at playing it.
>>
File: Capture 2015-07-21 21_43_59.png (123KB, 1520x464px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2015-07-21 21_43_59.png
123KB, 1520x464px
>>160890927
>>160910170
I like how you people have so many non-issues.
>>
File: MSXQT.jpg (113KB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
MSXQT.jpg
113KB, 1422x800px
>>160913793
Nice iso cubes.
>>
>>160913793
but what's in the gold chest?
why do you collect bunnies?
can you put a barrel on a plaque?
>>
>>160914037
>but what's in the gold chest?
Retard Meter form the traveling merchant.

>why do you collect bunnies?
Why not?
>>
My two friends keep telling me that the Devs should ass more items like the ankh shield and cellphone which are made by like 20 different items
How can I convince that that it is a god awful idea?
>>
>>160914723
it's really bad for balance to have items that are just objectively the best
very linear progression and no options
sure it feels good to farm a dozen different items for several weeks and then finally combining them into one super item, but it's not good for the balance
>>
>>160914768
I know thats why I said it was a god awful Idea, my friends just have an autistic love of both Grinding Drops and Microcrafting
>>
>>160914768
I dunno, those items hardly strike me as being objectively the best. They seem more like convenience items than anything, which is kind of ironic considering how much of a pain it is to make them. Very few serious situations you'd be fighting in actually let you take advantage of the debuff nullification of the ankh shield, essentially just making it a glorified knockback prevention item, which the paladin shield does better. And the cell phone is literally just a condensation of a lot of informational items so they don't take up as much space. Not that that excuses the ridiculous grind for either of those items, mind you.

I personally think it'd be nice if they condensed a few more items that are give almost needed utility so that you could play around with more of the fun items. Maybe smushing boots and balloons together or something.
>>
>>160915093
The only thing I can think of They should add the Sharkron balloon and fart balloon and horseshoe into the bundle of balloon
Would make it an interesting alternative to wings
>>
>>160914723
I do love not being knocked back and immunity to some debuffs...but I don't actually use that item. I'd rather grapple with a hook or not get hit. Maybe if it protected against all the other debuffs instead of just half of them it'd be nice
>>
>>160915224
I just want more reason to actually use boots in hardmode, honestly. Being able to fish up a Pigron mount right at the onset of hardmode made using boots and wings pretty much a waste of slots for me.
>>
>>160915760
isn't the Pigron really slow?
and wings are better than mounts
>>
Twins attempt 2

Here I go
>>
>>160915946
No, and no. It's faster than boots on land, and it has comparable flight time to leaf tier wings, which are the best you're gonna get until you start doing events or kill Fishron, but by then you could probably get your hands on a UFO and part ways with the ground forever.
>>
>the twins bugged out and despawned
FUCK YOU BULLSHIT NIGGER GAME I WAS ALMOST DONE WITH THAT FIGHT, I WAS WINNING HARDCORE FUCK YOU
>>
>>160916459
no, it's better to be 3 blocks tall than 4 so you can enter doorways and not have to dig out an extra row of every tunnel you've ever made. also if you get too reliant on your cheater ufo, when you go back to start a new character you'll do something shitty like give yourself 99 platinum because you're so used to being spoiled
>>
File: 20161123083951_1.jpg (169KB, 1600x878px) Image search: [Google]
20161123083951_1.jpg
169KB, 1600x878px
>If the Twins are ever out-run, such as with the case of a long railroad, they will despawn regardless of the time of night.
Fucking bullshit

Twins Attempt 3, here we go
>>
>>160916615
The big doors, smart mining, and a decent pick makes being one tile bigger a complete nonissue. As for the rest of your post, hoo boy, those sure are a lot of assumptions you're making.
>>
File: 1317595172231.png (277KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1317595172231.png
277KB, 720x720px
>>160916615
>makes 3-block tall tunnels instead of following the caves
>doesn't make 4 or even 5-block tunnels for the underground highway
>literally muh earlygaem
>>
File: 20161123085755_1.jpg (116KB, 1600x878px) Image search: [Google]
20161123085755_1.jpg
116KB, 1600x878px
This is what accomplishment feels like
>>
>>160917382
grats anon :3
>>
>>160917382
> nurse
git gud
>>
>>160917382
>beating the twins last

Why do the easiest ones last? All it takes to beat the twins is a pair of wings and not sending both of them into their 2nd phase at the same time.

Plus their summon is pretty good early on.
>>
>>160919374
I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but 0/10 you didn't even try
>>
Am I alone in using melee armor sets regardless of build up until chlorophyte? It just seems to me that the greater defense is worth so much more than whatever benefits are on magic/ranged sets.
>>
File: 1421505208989.png (896KB, 640x584px) Image search: [Google]
1421505208989.png
896KB, 640x584px
>>160913793
>plaque inna plaque
>>
File: 1434192964754.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434192964754.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>160919504
>when somone thinks a real post is bait

I bet you use a mount instead of solar wings.
>>
>>160921593
-1/10
Everyone knows that just wings are not enough against the twins solo
>>
>>160921686
I tried rails and asphalt, but in the end only platforms and wings did the trick for me. Twins were also in the middle because I cheesed the destroyer; as for Skelly, I did him with the harp, so it would probably be harder.
>>
How do I stop dying to harpies while making a sky bridge?

Expert mode pre hardmode.
>>
>>160922297
Get some imps to watch your back.
>>
>>160871751
>rewards at that point aren't going to be very good yet
Beg to differ. I used the Ballista Rod to cruise through most of pre-Hardmode. Every time you summon it, its firing cooldown gets reset, so if you just keep clicking it acts as a pseudo-homing sentry with piercing bullets and a fast firing rate that you can place anywhere on the screen. I'm not in expert mode so I'm sure the utility is gimped in that, but otherwise it's pretty phenomenal.
>>
File: 20161120165319_1.jpg (155KB, 1696x824px) Image search: [Google]
20161120165319_1.jpg
155KB, 1696x824px
>>
>>160925067
Haha, that's a new one
>>
>>160925067
shit that's cool as hell
>>
>>160925067
Encroaching spider biome with variants for all existing biomes when?
>>
>>160925753
>mushroom spiders shoot spore babies off their backs
>>
File: maria_caught_fish.jpg (110KB, 996x720px) Image search: [Google]
maria_caught_fish.jpg
110KB, 996x720px
>Traveling Merchant shows up 3 days in a row.
>90% same inventory each time.
It's a "RNG troll U" episode.

On a positive note, is it just luck or has anyone noticed that fishing line breaks a lot less since just a few updates ago?
>>
>>160926605
>the spore babies float through the air, tracking you
>>
File: 1479679782051.gif (526KB, 143x141px) Image search: [Google]
1479679782051.gif
526KB, 143x141px
>>160927357
>Companion Cubes seems to always be in the Traveling Merchants inventory
>Just found out it's a 0.01% chance of showing up
>>
>>160928979
With that % wouldn't it be one of if not the rarest item ingame? Coin gun is only 1/8000 IIRC
>>
>>160929382
I think its statistically among the rarest along with the slime staff,
Though the slime staff has the advantage of being dropped by the most common enemy in the game and Farmable via slime statues
>>
Guys, have you realized that Ebonwood Bathtub is basically a fucking barrel?
This is going into my storage, that's for sure
>>
>>160930419
how's it looking when painted?
>>
Any tips for farming goblin scouts? I feel like the fuckers never spawn and having to kill 5-10 of them for a single goblin invasion sucks balls.
>>
>>160934459
Eh that's the sad part. The iron rings look brown too. Otherwise it looks very barrelly.
>>160934536
I build a sea farm with a bridge to the land. They appear there.
>>
>>160934536
Set up a arena that forces mobs to spawn in a small area in the part of the map where goblins spawn and put some traps in it. Put down a candle, drink a battle potion and afk for a little bit
>>
File: angler_block.png (14KB, 191x122px) Image search: [Google]
angler_block.png
14KB, 191x122px
I HAVE 'EM ALL, TIMMY.
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.
>>
>>160936127
Bunnyfish? Goldfish?
>>
File: hinagiku_punches_fish_stitc.jpg (176KB, 1957x730px) Image search: [Google]
hinagiku_punches_fish_stitc.jpg
176KB, 1957x730px
>>160936279
Quest fish.
Little fucker asked for every single one available pre-hardmode, only 2 repeats.
Probability-wise that has to be off the charts.
>>
File: sdfsdf.jpg (50KB, 426x568px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdf.jpg
50KB, 426x568px
Alright dudes, Expert Mode, I need to defeat Moonlord.
What I tried:
>A tiny box with Nurse inside, healing my over and over.
Killed him without moving, but infinite hp was kinda unfair.
>Huge tunnel with Mechanical Cart
I defeated him effortless but what's the point if he couldn't even hit me.
>Spawned a huge arena via World Editor
Defeated him with actual effort but what's the point if I just cheat spawn my arena?

I need a way to avoid his huge beam, but Rod of Discord didn't spawn despite me defeating about 2000 Chaos Elementals.
What's your way of avoiding the beam?
I think I'm going to resort to using Magic Mirror whenever he uses this attack, and just Magic Mirror in general whenever there is too much heat. He is the only boss that doesn't despawn if you teleport away from him, correct?
>>
>>160937237
>What's your way of avoiding the beam?
A line of blocks above me
>>
>>160937631
As in using the Ice Rod whenever he attacks?
That's quite clever but I don't think I have enough time to avoid the spam and try to aim a line.
>>
>>160937731
No, as in a line of blocks that just prevents it from hitting me. If I want to fight Moon Lord without a arena I just dodge the death beams or Rod of discord if I'm in a position where dodging might cause me to hit something else
>>
>>160937934
See, that's the problem, my RNG luck does not allow me to have a Rod of Discord, which is why I consider to just "reset" him whenever he casts a beam and I'm not close enough to outspeed the beam.

Are there any consequences of using Magic Mirror to dodge? Does he have something like "get back here, bitch" where he slaps you for massive damage after you run?
>>
>>160938060
>Are there any consequences of using Magic Mirror to dodge?
No, in fact using the magic mirror is a good way to get away from the True eyes as well as last time I checked they don't teleport with him.
>>
>>160919813
Not at all. They really need to buff the magic armor a lot, and the ranged a little, and they will be viable. Right now, especially once start fighting the bosses, they aren't that enticing.
>>
File: s.jpg (22KB, 347x447px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
22KB, 347x447px
>>160938239
That's great then, I'll use my Magic Mirror as my "shit's fucked" button and maybe finally defeat this fucker.
Thanks for help.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEE.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEE.gif
2MB, 640x480px
God fucking dammit i've opened 30 ice chests with no extractintor, I have like 600 silt
>>
>>160941374
You can apparently get them from crates too. I found another one from a wooden crate I think.
>>
>>160941374
Don't they appear in the houses in the underground sand biome?
>>
>>160942392
Yeah, I didn't think it would take long with ice chests though
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 00_02_45.png (598KB, 1312x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 00_02_45.png
598KB, 1312x1456px
How does this look, not considering the lack of details and furniture?
I'm not really fond of the glass top, but I have no idea what to put up there other than that. Any ideas?
>>
>>160937237
https://youtu.be/uvZBxZ8WShE?t=8m17s

8m 17s
>>
File: NPC_35.png (2KB, 80x102px) Image search: [Google]
NPC_35.png
2KB, 80x102px
Found this
>>
File: 2lj71c7[1].jpg (213KB, 629x640px) Image search: [Google]
2lj71c7[1].jpg
213KB, 629x640px
>>160942564
If you want a glass top, it has to be properly round. Here's a chart:
>>
Wow, I just realized the Grand Design produces light. Not only is this thing amazing for wire but it's also great for finding caves and shit. My metal detector shows a chest somewhere and I can just spam lines around the screen with the grand design until I see it somewhere. Guess I'm going to start packing night owl potions to make it even more effective now.
>>
>>160944598
Fun things is, I used a chart like that to build it, but it still looks terrible. It just doesn't fit well in that place I guess.
>>
About motherfucking time

>>160941374
>>
>>160945594
It looks really pyramidal, maybe if you made it one size bigger or something.
>>
File: 105600_20161123220045_1.png (431KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161123220045_1.png
431KB, 1920x1018px
>>160946121
>forgot pic
>>
File: 105600_20161123220407_1.png (604KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161123220407_1.png
604KB, 1920x1018px
>>160946287
This may take a while
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 23_09_57.png (62KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 23_09_57.png
62KB, 480x368px
>>160946209
I checked, and you were right, I looked at the wrong circle to copy. After also hammering the blocks, it looks much better.

Still a bit off tho.
>>
>>160946947
Circle shaped buildings tend to look better the bigger they are, if you can spare the room and materials I'd expand 1 or 2
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 23_31_00.png (120KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 23_31_00.png
120KB, 560x560px
>>160947093
Yeah it looks better, and having more room is also nice. Gotta work on decorating it now.
Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: dome.png (274KB, 1264x992px) Image search: [Google]
dome.png
274KB, 1264x992px
>>160946947
That looks a lot better to me now.

>>160948469
Well, now you have the issue of long straight diagonals, maybe try not hammering the parts right in the middle of them or something?

I had a similar issue when I was making this shit and it still didn't end up looking round enough for what I wanted, even if it's so much bigger.
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 23_47_30.png (132KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 23_47_30.png
132KB, 560x560px
>>160948779
Well now I tried making it a block thicker in some areas, like in your pic, and it looks more natural.

Also that pic is some sweet stuff, I wish I had that creativity.
>>
>>160942564
Shamelessly stealing your columns tbqh
>>
>>160949732
That looks best out of everything so far IMO, since it's a glass dome I would just put a greenhouse up there, maybe with some benches or such for relaxation purposes, since the entire house seems to be nature-oriented due to the tree etc.
>>
gas the
>>
Are there any disadvantages on picking a small world over medium? Will I lose important biomes? Will the Lizard dungeon still spawn?
>>
>>160953871
You will lose space. You might not have any beehives in your world, and the space of everything will be reduces. Less dungeon, less temple, less jungle, less floating islands.
>>
>>160954090
Ah that's not so bad then.
>>
File: 105600_20161123190525_1.png (487KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161123190525_1.png
487KB, 1360x768px
I fucking beat Moon Lord when standing still, and had under 100 health remaining, holy fuck.

This is on Expert. I only had 10 Heart Statues. I was wearing Chlorophyte Helmet, Solar Flare Breastplate, Solar Flare Leggings, Warding Ankh Shield, Warding Paladin Shield, Warding Celestial Shell, Warding Celestial Stone, Warding Frozen Turtle Shell, and Warding Worm Scarf. Potions used were Lifeforce, Heartreach, Regeneration, Ironskin, Endurance, Inferno (not needed, but I had it), Rage, and Flask of Cursed Flame. I forgot my well fed buff. I had Sharpening Stone and Bewitching Table buffs. Weapons used were Godly Terrarian and Ruthless Stardust Dragon Staff, though I think the dragon was cancelling my Terrarian's damage.

Fuck I'm so happy. I've never beaten Moon Lord on Expert by myself until now.
>>
>>160955862
Why the chloro helmet? I always wear sets without paying a thought to it
And congrats too, that sounds hard
>normal mode babby
>>
>>160956162
Chloro helmet gives you more defense than any other helmet.
>>
>>160956162
Chloro helmet has the highest defense of any helmet in the game, just one above Solar Flare. Solar Flare's set bonus wouldn't have been useful, so I didn't use it.
>>
>>160956362
Wait, even Solar? How strange.
>>
>>160956427
Well, no, but you can only get solar after beating moonlord.
>>
>>160956512
He was using Solar armor anyway.
This does beg the question: could you do this with premoonman armor?
>>
>>160956512
Oh, sorry. It does indeed have the most defense, I've just checked it.
>>
File: 1472402222519.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1472402222519.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
how wide should my hellevators be to stop the corruption/hallow? i remember it being something like 5 or 6

it's touching my jungle, fuck
>>
>>160956667
Accept your fate and let it consume your world.
>>
>>160956667
4 actually, 2 of them bricked up.
Also, reminder that the jungle is more resistant to crimruption than the rest of the world, and completely resists hallow.
If you're cheap like me, savescum until hallow spawns over the jungle.
>>
>>160956667
Because of the thorny vines and busting alters have a chance to spawn a random evil block I would just make a money machine and replace it with Hallow. After the mech bosses you have very little reason to keep the evil and the hallow won't fuck with your surface mushroom or jungle as it don't covert mud blocks.

While common knowledge to most, Hallow is seen as the good biome and a couterpart to the evil. Some npcs will sell new stuff, fireflies will spawn in it more allowing you to get easy decent bait and so on. As long you can deal with the enemies there is very little reason to resist it.
>>
>>160956935
>>160957031
thanks, i'll get to making those shafts
>tfw a chunk of corruption spread a little since i made that post

>>160957161
yeah, i've been opening crates for ore instead of busting altars; i'd like to manage the spread if i can
>>
Does Super Terraria World get better? Progression is a pain, slow, aggravating, and just troublesome.
Also, I wonder if magic will really be more viable than just the slow resource drain it is now.
>>
Are the new armors even practicall to use? since you travel in this game wouldnt placing sentries everywhere you go be silly?
>>
>>160956590
Yes, you can. It has already been done back in the days when we were trying to cheese the fuck out of the moonman.
>>
>>160957373
Summoner is comparatively way weaker against bosses . That's where sentries come in.
>>
>>160957336
Last time I check out Super Terraria World,
>Crafting have a bottleneck level with a mining bottleneck level on top of that even though all of the ore is in the first non-tutorial area.
>There nothing in the chest near the fishing hut or in the ice chest after doing the annoying as fuck platforming in the ice cave.
>The reward for one quest is the ability to craft new armor that require non-existing broken armor.
>The game is extremely short, not worth playing atm.

Honestly I would say skip it until they improve it or at least finish it. The only good thing they added was the leaf which is clearly taken from Wind Waker and honestly just the balloon slowfall reskinned. I seen worst mods made better items than that.

Overall the most impressive thing about the mod is how they turn mining from Terraria into Runescape and how they made the trailer look so interesting when there is currently nothing to do after ~8 decent quests.
>>
>>160956667
3 blocks wide. Remember that grass, vines and other such vegetation can spread the evil biomes, too, so make sure the edges of the hole don't have grass on them. But also remember that the jungle can survive for quite a long time (400 hours or so) without getting destroyed by the crimson.

Also remember that the hallow does not eat the jungle, only the crimson and the corruption do.
>>
>>160957373
Sentries work fine if enemies come to you
>>
>>160957865
should i go squire set with 4 ballistas against plantera?
>>
>>160957915
Oh correction, the tutorial boss was the best fucking boss I ever seen where using different combat abilities was worth switching for though magic is kinda BS as no other enemy beyond that point had a shield. That is like the one good thing they did do that is legit impressive. Too bad it is all downhill from there.
>>
>>160957934
yeah, i'm gonna replace the walls of the shaft with brick or something

quick question, does corruption spread through background walls?
>>
>>160958182
No, it doesn't. They get converted, but it's only aesthetic.
Don't bother with bricks. Just put some wood or something at the top in order to stop the grass from spreading down, and then click once on the grass blocks underground in order to break the grass and leave it as a dirt block.
>>
>>160958332
will do, thanks
>>
how do i beat hardmode mechanical bosses when im on a pure expert mode character, i tried creating an arena but even just destroyer probes hit me for 50+ damage
>>
post houses
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 20_53_48.png (323KB, 656x816px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 20_53_48.png
323KB, 656x816px
>>160960995
I can't figure out what to make my house out of
>>
File: 20161123192958_1.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161123192958_1.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
>>160960995
Don't make fun of me ples.
>>
>>160957934
Wait, so 5 block wides, but use two of the space to fill with bricks? Ah man, that's going to be a lot of work.
>>
File: 1314943338091.jpg (70KB, 412x343px) Image search: [Google]
1314943338091.jpg
70KB, 412x343px
>>160963614
THERE'S A LADY WHO'S SURE
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-24 03_06_14.png (487KB, 2688x688px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-24 03_06_14.png
487KB, 2688x688px
Working on a flying fortress as a Hardmode Base at the moment. It's my first building that isn't a commieblock out of dirt and I think I'm doing pretty good so far.

Just no inspiration how to continue.
>>
>make underground base
>purposely don't mine the ores close to my base since I think it looks better
>friend wants to play
>tell him not to mine the ores close to my base
>he does it anyway
You know I should have expected no better considering that the last time I played with him(when 1.3 released) he Literally dismantled the entire dungeon before we hit hardmode
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 21_11_09.png (411KB, 3008x640px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 21_11_09.png
411KB, 3008x640px
>>160960319
I know your pain, anon, so let me tell you how I did it

Here's my destroyer/prime arena, I'll post my twins arena next

>Destroyer
Oricalcum armor, use the melee helmet because it gives the most defense and the magic/ranged helmets suck, you're taking that armor just for the petal that'll rip across the screen

Take these buff potions:
Iron Skin, Endurance, and Lifeforce for durability

Regeneration and Heartreach for health restoration, that heartreach potion is your primary source of healing, make sure to take down as many drones as you can while pouring the damage on destroyer

Ammo reserve so you don't run out of arrows

And eat some cooked fish for a little bit of everything

>Skeletron Prime
He took me by surprise so the only stuff I had to fight him with was my destroyer setup minus the ammo and heartreach potion

Remember to take out his hands first to make his head weaker and reduce the damage he can put out

>The Twins
I built a sky road of asphalt and backpedaled firing ichor bullets out of my minishark at them, I was using hallow armor with the ranged helmet to reserve my ammo better

I was also riding a unicorn so you might want that, I don't think I would have outrun Spazmatism's shots without it

Only out run them enough to stay out of harms way, if they take too long to catch up with you they will despawn

Same potion setup as destroyer, minus the heartreach potion

I recommend killing Spazmatism first as he deals the most damage
>>
>>160964594
>dismantled the entire dungeon before we hit hardmode
God, for what purpose?
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-23 21_18_39.png (32KB, 4095x72px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-23 21_18_39.png
32KB, 4095x72px
>>160960319
>>160964701
Here's my Twins arena that I made out of 999 asphalt blocks, if you need slime I recommend summoning the slime king

The Nurse saved my ass numerous times, so have her up there too

The bubbles were full of honey before, not sure why it leaked out
>>
>>160964715
Massive hoarder in games like this, he picks up literally everything that isn't stone or dirt even if he has no use for it or never plans on using it
I was busy in the jungle and other shit making preparations for hardmode and didn't realise what he was doing until it was too late
>>
>>160964594
>Literally dismantled the entire dungeon before we hit hardmode
He sounds like a fun guy, that's the autistic shit I'd like to do
>>
>>160960319
>>160964701
Oh and I completely forgot

I fought the destroyer and skeletron prime with the Daedalus and Holy arrows, they absolutely shred the laser drones which are the main problem in the destroyer fight

And if you're seeing a lot of lasers coming from below the destroyer, fly up and the drones will follow you, that way the destroyer's body isn't protecting them anymore.
>>
>>160966117
The standard method for Destroyer is a high platform, just out of his reach, and rain nimbus rod down on him while firing piercing projectiles.
An easier cheesier way is to ride on your elevated minecart tracks and fire behind you. You outrun the probes and if you reach the world edge or need to teleport home for some other reason, Destroyer doesn't despawn.
Minecart can be used for Twins too, but it's easy to outrun one eye, kill the other, and it despawns. Skeletron (and prime) can outrun your cart. Yes, Skeletron is faster than Duke Fishron.
>>
>>160964701
>>160966117
To add on to this you use guns for the Twins because they dodge too often for the Daedalus and the guns generally have a higher DPS. I also agree taking on Spazmatism first, he is the one that shoot out fire right? While the lasers get faster on expert mode they generally always miss when coming out of the laser eye, sometimes even when standing still. The laser eye is a bitch. Use your minimap to aim if they are slightly off screen, they move pretty fast. Lastly you can create an area for Destroyer where he can't touch you but it will have to be like above even the sky islands on a large world, even then he comes close. His drones is much more deadly than himself so focus on them if possible, Destroyer only have a limited amount of them on his body.
>>
>>160964274
PROPELLERS
>>
File: 1436670590257.png (121KB, 481x443px) Image search: [Google]
1436670590257.png
121KB, 481x443px
>>
File: 1478641224304.jpg (166KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
1478641224304.jpg
166KB, 1024x689px
>1st attempt to kill the Sand Elemental
>it's night time
>get tossed like salad by the sandsharks into the tornadoes
>can't fucking do anything
>my frost bow is firing the equivalent of paper airplanes
>magic mirror the fuck out of there
>get a happy ending from the nurse
>realize I have two dark shards in my inventory and forge the nigger trigger
>2nd attempt
>ride back towards the desert on my basilisk steed at the speed of light while chugging a hunter potion
>crack a sand shark in half on impact with it
>sand bitch returns for seconds
>Icanseeeverything.png
>leap just as two dune splicers try to converge on me
>blast sand bitch with no less than 40 loads from my big black gun
>acquire forbidden fragment
>???
>profit
>>
File: what are the odds.png (126KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
what are the odds.png
126KB, 799x597px
well hello there
>>
>>160968634
the elevated method doesnt work on extreme difficulty because the drones will molest you if you stand still
>>
File: 1472520569620.jpg (38KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1472520569620.jpg
38KB, 600x662px
>veins of unmineable chlorophyte keep blocking my hellevator

thanks, early hardmode
>>
>>160976351
>making a jungle hellevator in the jungle in early hardmode
>>
File: holyshit.png (230KB, 932x690px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.png
230KB, 932x690px
>enter the Hallow underground
>this background appears
Almost threw up on my keyboard
>>
File: [CHIVALRY INTENSIFIES].gif (176KB, 333x286px) Image search: [Google]
[CHIVALRY INTENSIFIES].gif
176KB, 333x286px
>>160973982

Muh heart
>>
>>160977989
Who brought back the 90s?
>>
Servers up boys!
>new characters please
>24.84.130.198
>7777
>I fucking fixed it
>>
>>160976864
jungle ain't gonna protect itself, senpai
>>
>>160979617
You should have done that before hardmode, faggot.
Also, yes it will. Someone post that 200 days webm.
>>
>>160978969
Do people actually join these worlds?
>>
File: 1473763736489.png (107KB, 765x322px) Image search: [Google]
1473763736489.png
107KB, 765x322px
Should I use slab for the town flooring, or bricks? I like the bricks better but I think it looks weird with the house foundations being the same material as the streets.
>>
>>160980665
Yes, I have 3 on + me :3
>>
File: gengar.png (9KB, 370x340px) Image search: [Google]
gengar.png
9KB, 370x340px
>>160980665
I'm in it. Singleplayer terraria bores me becuase I dislike the mining/exploring/standard mobs. I just like to build and fight bosses, so I act as native architecture bitch.
>>
File: 1459706983834.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1459706983834.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>make walled city
>zombies spawn in the sky and drop down inside
>>
Thorium server when?
>>
File: praise.png (183KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
praise.png
183KB, 800x601px
WHAT'S UP

>tfw started hardmode 4 hours ago
>>
File: 1465328696390.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1465328696390.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>160986435
>four hours into hardmore
>fall damage is still enough of a hazard for you to carry around an umbrella
>>
File: th-thanks.jpg (17KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
th-thanks.jpg
17KB, 400x398px
>fighting second tier of old one's army
>mid way through the fucking Traveling Merchant spawns on my battle platform
>he starts firing shots off with his pulse bow at the goblin fucks
>now we're both fighting side by side
>last wave comes
>it starts raining
>barely manage to hold off the horde
>just as the screen starts to flash and the final wave is seconds from being completed he gets slain by a filthy orc
You were a true solider, Gallius.
>>
File: 1471981528129.jpg (54KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1471981528129.jpg
54KB, 480x515px
>>160987890
>>
>>160963823
No, jesus fuck. 3 blocks wide and make sure the sides don't have grass. That's it.
>>
>>160979617
Like that anon said >>160979712, yes it will protect itself. It will protect itself for hundreds of hours. 400 to be precise.
>>
>>160977989
>Why does a biome related to crystals and colors have a colored crystal themed background????????!!!!!!!!1
>>
>>160988239
Are you the same retard who complained about gastropods earlier?
>>
>>160988402
You've quoted the wrong person.
>>
File: 105600_20161124022836_1.png (510KB, 1920x1020px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161124022836_1.png
510KB, 1920x1020px
Server is off to a decent start.
>>
so i got a crimson tumor in the middle of my jungle spawn. Do I just dig a 3 wide tunnel around it? Will it expand anyway if I break a bunch of altars?

Do I bomb the fuck out of it entirely and just leave a crater?

I dont want my jungle to get crim'd
>>
>>160990145
What version?
>>
>>160990208
Generate a new world. Quarantining would be a good idea, yes, but remember that a V spawns when you defeat the wall of flesh, so you might end up with a strip of crimson right next or through your jungle. When you break altars, there's a random change that a stone block in your world gets converted into its crimson/hallowed counterpart. That random stone block might be in the jungle, or might be at the other end of your world.
>>
I've been going through hardmode for the first time.

Am I missing something? Is my Ice armor set better than the hallowed one I just made?
>>
>>160990208
altars don't expand existing corruption/crimson, they have a chance to randomly add a single piece of them (or hallow) literally anywhere in the world.
>>
>>160991614
Yes. Hallowed is stupid. You wasted good bars.
>>
File: no.jpg (296KB, 1195x333px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
296KB, 1195x333px
>>160990145
this triggers me, replcae it with a brick
>>
>>160991701
oh

thats uh

kinda fucky
>>
>>160992297
just give up on "keeping crimruption at bay". It won't ever happen.
Actually it's more likely that you'll get bored of fucking around and finish the game before you notice the advance.
What I do is dig a T form under the base so the biomes can't reach my qt Caverns fishing spot and the base itself, and a few quarantined zones I can easily clentaminate if needed (never needed that though).
>>
>>160974171
You need four fragments for the armor AND the best weapon in the game
>>
>>160992523
>Actually it's more likely that you'll get bored of fucking around and finish the game before you notice the advance.
That chance is so fat that it got a cartoon for 9 seasons and a live action movie

If you're playing through the game without end-game shit, you are NOT going to finish the game before you notice it advance
>>
>>160992930
I know everyone here plays Expert because you're big boys, but I didn't expect you to forget it's the NG+ way to play.
>>
>>160993012
>NG+
Bitch, until they implement NG+ armor, it will not be the NG+ way to play
>>
>>160993198
>muh
If you're not talking about normal you can't talk about normal rates for the game. Simple.
Expert is the "you can't win, prove me wrong (protip: you can't)" mode.
>>
>>160993282
>changing the subject
>>
File: 1469915947362.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1469915947362.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>160992930
>That chance is so fat that it got a cartoon for 9 seasons and a live action movie
>>
>>160993548
>subject
How fast is the corruption? Is it worth fending off?
>answer
No, because (in normal mode) you'll play the whole game before it poses a serious problem
>reply
fat fucking chance, I get surrounded (because I play Expert all the time)
>counter
Normal mode lets you go fast
>time to muh
muh subject!
>>
I always only smash altars in side worlds where I don't really care if they get riddled up the ass with corruption or crimson.

My elaborate, comfy bases exist only in worlds where things are contained.
>>
>>160993610
Fat Albert maybe?
>>
>>160993774
My Little Pony
>>
>>160993628
>muh subject!
Next time don't even open your mouth, you just look like a retard now
>>
>>160993980
I just handed you your ass on a plate, mate
>ad hominem
That means I win, right?
>>
>>160994026
>I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!!!!!!
Okay
>>
File: (You).png (237KB, 616x480px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
237KB, 616x480px
>>160994053
>That's it, Sheldon, keep your cool
>don't let him know you realized you were wrong
>>
File: 1477755123930.jpg (50KB, 413x449px) Image search: [Google]
1477755123930.jpg
50KB, 413x449px
>saving your character to the cloud resets your map discovery
>>
>>160993938
That has a live action movie? The fuck?
>>
>>160994184
>using Steam's garbage
It's your own fault.
>>
>>160994116
>he's still raging
>>
>>160994265
nah, just laughing at your coping mechanisms
last (you), just so you can keep the delusion of smug
do keep spooping people with the corruption btw
>>
>>160994196
Slated, three animated, full feature-length movies already made, fourth currently in the making.
>>
>>160994421
>he's flipping out
>>
I stopped playing just before the moon lord update. Should I get back on the game or wait a bit longer for the thorium mod update?
>>
>>160978969
Is it still up?
>>
Is there an index of what textures are used by which entities? And if not, how hard would it be to make one? I wouldn't mind doing some busywork if it meant others had an easier time putting out nice textures.
>>
FUCKING NIGGER ICE TORTOISES DONT WANT TO DROP ANY FUCKING SHELLS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>all bosses and events until the update rely on you, the player, using various tips and tricks to beat them
>update adds an event that doesn't allow any of that
>>
>>161000142
You can use traps and such on the new event, it's just not as effective. They want people to actually do things in the event and not afk it
>>
>>160996732
Check the wiki for the NPC you want to edit, it's ID should be quoted there
>>
Why did they buff spawnrates?

And yes I am POSITIVE spawn rates have been buffed because NEVER before have I seen enemies spawning THIS FAST
>>
>>160978969
Dead?
>>
>All of these vanity sets and dyes to make your character unique
>Austism dictates me to use vanity slots as extra storage for utility bonuses like fishing or mining
Am I the only one that does this?
>>
>>161003035
Unfortunately, that'll only get me the sprite for the entity itself. I'm looking for everything associated with it. Like for example, if I were to want to edit Moon Lord and everything about Moon Lord, including his lasers, loose eyes, and attacks, looking at his IDs would only give me the sprites for his head, hands, and core. He's got a bunch of extra bits that aren't listed like his actual body parts, and that's before I even I get to his attacks.

Tangentially, at least one bit of Star Wrath's projectile is Projectile_503, if someone wanted to give it the Stardust coloration to go with the edit to the weapon itself. I think Starfury's is Projectile_92, but I believes it shares that with the star cloak so keep that in mind. Still looking to see if I can find the tiny star particles emitted by the weapons when swung, though.
>>
I could host a server again if anyone is interested
and if it works again
>>
>>161004090
I used my vanity slots for switching out other equipment like the greedy ring, wings, +1 sentry accessory, quiver and avengers emblem. After all with a good teleporter network it's really easy to get around
>>
How the FUCK are you suppose to fight plantera anymore?
I have died 20+ times to all the rapid fire high damage enemies that infinitely spawn

I can't see myself being full health when I spawn plantera, or even alone at all, I'll be fighting off the infinite jungle enemies that do 100 damage per hit and 50 damage every second and last nine hours.

I haven't even been able to finish my arena yet
>>
>>161004090
This is literally the only reason why I fish in pre-hardmode and bear the ugly. As soon as I've made the cellphone and gotten the golden rod, I throw that fucking gear in a barrel somewhere.
Yes I craft phone every time I restart, fite me
>>
>>161004564
Calming potion and peace candles?
>>
>>161004676
Calming potions don't work in singleplayer and the new jungle spawnrate massively overpowers peace candles
>>
>>161004386
Do it.
>>
>>161004787
Feel free to do whatever, I'll try and keep it up for a good while.
>>
>>161004730
What makes you think calming potions don't work in singleplayer?
>>
>>161004564
What weapon do you have? Just fill that shit with the Magic Harp or any other similar high-rate weapon.
>>
What is best torch, /tg/?
>>
>>161005905
Ichor. It looks like a wax candle used in S&M bondage play, and shit's kinky.

Ice Torch is a great second place contender.
>>
>>161005242
If there are no other players, then enemies have no one else to target, and thus the reduced aggression doesn't do anything.

>>161005492
I'm using a megashark, but ripping enemies to shreds is not the problem, the problem is they don't all stand in one place, so within a minute I'm playing a bullethell instead of terraria.
>>
>>161006063
Your best shot is getting there from a narrow place and trying to seal up the place before you start laying down the platforms and stuff
>>
>>161006063
But Terraria combat is just bullet hell what the hell are you talking about? The only big difference is that there are some melee enemies.
>>
>>161004564
If you want help you just need to ask for it
>>
>>161006063
Calming potion has nothing to do with aggro, and everything to do with spawn rates. It's the mirror to Battle potion.

>>161005905
I've always liked demon torches for ambience. I also remember bone torches being nice, but I haven't use any in a while.
>>
>>161005905
Ichor due to being able to placed in water
>>
>>161006353
>Effiency
>Looking for anything but effay shit
>>
>>161006267
I'm going to be honest with you, I never considered that until now

add me because I'm getting my ass kicked
http://steamcommunity.com/id/UncleBadass/

>>161006271
>Calming potion has nothing to do with aggro, and everything to do with spawn rates. It's the mirror to Battle potion.
That's not what the tooltip said, but then again tooltips can be wrong
>>
>>161006649
>add me because I'm getting my ass kicked
>/UncleBadass/
Sorry m8 but that's pretty funny
>>
>>161000142

No sure what you mean exactly because there are plenty of things you can do to make it easier on yourself.
>>
File: 20161124125608_1.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124125608_1.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
I'm going to do it. And nobody can stop me. I will empty the ocean.
>>
File: 20161124130030_1.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124130030_1.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>161011067
Good try Mr Duck. But the oceans will be empty soon!
>>
>>161011067
But you'll just turn it into a desert
>>
>>161011314
That looks like a stomach.
>>
>>161011067
>>161011314
Should have let it drain into hell
>>
File: 20161124130632_1.jpg (83KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124130632_1.jpg
83KB, 1920x1080px
>>161011446
That's the plan.
>>
>>161011628
Always fun to drop huge amounts of water into hell and see the game barely be able to keep up with it, only for it to finally catch up and almost all the lava in hell has a layer of
obsidian on it
>>
File: 20161124131205_1.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124131205_1.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>161011871
Seem I hit a large cave. Will help a lot.
>>
File: 20161124131345_1.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124131345_1.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>161011960
It's always weird when you reach the edge of the map.
>>
File: 20161124133337_1.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124133337_1.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
I found one of the best item in the game early on. Shoes that make you run fast. Noice, and right after I got a regeneration ring

Lucky cave.
>>
>>161004564

I never even bother with an arena for Plantera - I just back pedal through all my tunnels and shit. The most useful thing to bring with you is an accessory that prevents poison - as it both deals damage and lowers your health regen, so it hurts a lot more than it looks like. Otherwise have a weapon with piercing damage for the second form and you should be good.

>>161011628

Should have used a gravity potion from hell itself to punch a hole at the very far edge of the map - that way you would have drained every last drop of ocean water straight into hell.
>>
File: 20161124135204_1.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124135204_1.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>161014017
True. But the deed is done now. Hell has now frozen over.
>>
>>161014417
Should make the hole bigger due to evaporation
>>
post castles/walled in village screens i need some ideas to copy start my own village up

im tired of my commie bloc

bonus points for snow biome
>>
File: 20161124144731_1.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124144731_1.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
WHAT THE FUCK.

Since when does he have a new attack? Is it only on Expert?

I was not ready for that.
>>
File: 20161124144919_1.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124144919_1.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
NOICE
What the fuck is that. But still. NOICE

It's rainbow color. It's the first time I get one of those.
>>
>>161017879
>Is it only on Expert?
Most of the bosses have extra stuff on extra
>>
>>161017879
Eye on Expert is a good wake up call to the horrors you'll meet soon. Consider him the easiest boss with a new mechanic and have fun with Skeletron if you break his hands
>>161017990
Every expert mode boss, excluding the Lunatic Cultist and all events, drops a bag with a guaranteed rainbow item. Every item is useful, except for Skeletron's.

If anyone wants to argue about the Brain item, kiss my ass. That shit saved me dozens of times. Eater's item is a godsend, but so is Brain.
>>
>>161017990
Every expert boss has some kind of expert gimmick and an expert item
>>
>>161018294
>>161018334
>>161018397
Nice. Yeah it was pretty rough but the shield seem pretty nice with the dashing.
>>
what the fuck is with the enemies in the dungeon defender shit being invisible until i run my face into them?

is this a multiplayer issue?

it makes it damn near impossible to beat this shit because my sentries wont attack them until they run into me/run into the crystal
>>
>>161018334
>except for Skeletron's
And the mechanical bosses'.
>>
>>161018334
I tried using Brain of Confusion, but frankly even the +1 jump from a base Cloud in a Bottle was more useful than it was. A lot of pre-hardmode accessories get pushed out by the high need for mobility I feel, and the shield taking up another slot on top of them doesn't help.

The mechanical cart stuff is only useful if you're doing anything with rails, and Spore Sack's really just a convenience tool for idling or fishing, which you won't be doing as much of that late in the game. Gravity Globe is completely useless, too.
>>
>>161018706
They turn translucent when they don't have a clear line of sight to the crystal. Attack them once and they will become normal again.
>>
>>161018706
What? they should still be able to take damage in thier transparent form
>>
File: 105600_20161124133715_1.png (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161124133715_1.png
397KB, 1920x1080px
My bait farm turned into a Plantera and Life Fruit (not depicted here) farm lmao. Which is fine and good since I found out I had a better bait "farm" all along when I opened my 70-something crates. Jesus christ like 40 master baits and plenty more journeyman baits. Hell, if you just make a new file and go instantly to the desert for the extractinator and fossils, you can make crate potions immediately and start "farming" a ton of high quality bait to get more bait.

>>161018706
The Dungeon Defender event is like NOTHING else in Terraria. Basically, just assume you're playing a completely different game. Instead of a natural or player-controlled area, you have to set up this massive flat runway and put the crystal perfectly flat (not raised) in the middle. You have to pretend you're playing a shitty tower defense mobile game. I hate everything about that patch.

>>161019316
>And the mechanical bosses'.
The minecart is amazing though. So much so that we started a new expert world and WoF'd instantly just to grind out the 3 bags for it. It can go 102 mph.
>>
>>161018334
>and have fun with Skeletron if you break his hands
Actually, he does that shit even if you don't break his hands.
>>
>>161019474
>>161019514
>dont have a clear line of sight

its literally just a straight line to my crystal. They arent just transluscent or transparent, theyre straight up invisible and seem like theyre appearing from the portal. Are they just like that at night/expert mode?

>>161019581
i think he does the THING if you only break one hand. Twice as fast if you break both
>>
>>161019401
The Spore Sac is good for the hardmode dungeon, It does a good job dealing with the ecoplasm and the teleporting mobs

>>161019542
>just assume you're playing a completely different game
I wouldn't say that, there's still plenty of terraria stuff you can set up before the fight like traps.
>>
>>161019712
>I wouldn't say that, there's still plenty of terraria stuff you can set up before the fight like traps.
That's why I said "basically". That would be "complexly".
>>
>>161019542
>My bait farm turned into a Plantera and Life Fruit (not depicted here) farm lmao.
Why not use the flare + flower boots trick for infinite bait?

>>161019683
> Are they just like that at night/expert mode?
No, the ones in my event function perfectly normally at night and I've never not done the even on Expert mode.
>>
>>161019849
>Why not use the flare + flower boots trick for infinite bait?
The who what now
>>
>>161019849
yeah, mine are just completely undamageable and unseeable until i run facefirst into them or they attack me from range
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15KB, 188x139px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15KB, 188x139px
>>161019945
Shoot a flare on the some grass and it'll burn it, then stand on the flare with flower boots. The grass will instantly grow and burn each with a chance to spawn stuff like worms and grasshoppers. If you use jungle grass it'll spawn the jungle bait

>>161020123
I have no idea then, might want to do something with the terrain to attempt to fix it
>>
>>161019945
Wear Flower Boots, stand on a single block (to prevent large plants), and fire a flare at your feet.

Swing a net and have fun.
>>
why does no one play this on xbone
>>
File: 105600_20161124142231_1.png (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161124142231_1.png
417KB, 1920x1080px
>>161020195
>>161020196
Geeze. That's pretty intense. I'm going to try this immediately, thanks.

So does anyone else suspend and close off the Truffle because the mobs in his biome look pretty dangerous? Haven't tested to see if they attack him or not yet.
>>
File: Projectile_197.png (316B, 42x48px) Image search: [Google]
Projectile_197.png
316B, 42x48px
For you fellow losers playing Pokemon Sun and Moon, here's the Bone Key turned into Minior.

>>161020324
I put him underground in a 2-width tunnel. He's safe because nothing goes down there.
>>
>>161020324
They don't seek out the truffle but if they come into contact with it, they'll kill it
>>
>>161020383
Hmm. I had heard from someone he had to be aboveground. Now that you mention this, that makes very little sense. They probably meant he had to be at the "Surface" layer.

>>161020418
Thanks
>>
>>161019683
No. He does that even if you don't break any of his hands,. I know because I tried to cheese him with hellfire arrows and the hellfire bow. I got my ass handed to me because I didn't expect him to go into his second phase with both his hands intact.
>>
>>160993703
This nigga right here.
This nigga knows.
>>
>>161020487
Surface layer, correct.
>>
File: 105600_20161124143121_1.png (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161124143121_1.png
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>160993703
I so very wish I had been less lazy.

Asphalt is the bees fucking KNEES. If you build the honeywells only about 2-3 blocks wide, you can SANIC straight through them with less than a quarter second pause and no slowdown. Makes strafing tactics so strong.
>>
File: finished.jpg (805KB, 1912x615px) Image search: [Google]
finished.jpg
805KB, 1912x615px
I did it, took over 10 hours
>>
>>161021601
what did you do
>>
>>161021601
Can't see shit.

Also, that dungeon layout is cancer. All those zigzags.
>>
File: se.jpg (125KB, 358x737px) Image search: [Google]
se.jpg
125KB, 358x737px
>>161021664
>>161021668
I built a 8 unit thick hellevator around each biome and then added a 1 unit thick brick wall of obsidian on each side of it, here's a better pic close up, TerraMap is buggy when showing all the lines properly from a distance
>>
File: 2016-11-24_21-50-00.png (11KB, 470x234px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-24_21-50-00.png
11KB, 470x234px
>>161021601
You can highlight blocks. Highlight the crimson and hallow blocks to see if they will spread outside of the quarantined zones.
>>
>>161019542
I kinda hate that too, i really miss a way to stop or slow down enemies. In the actual DunDef games you have barriers that enemies need to smash through first and even the tower-turrets are hindrances for the enemies. Hell, the monk in DD1 even had a slowing aura, which i'm not sure why they removed that in DD2, it made him a great support role, now he's a mediocre support with mediocre dps. Sanctum had slowing fields/towers too which were great.
>>
File: satisfaction.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
satisfaction.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>161021941
oh, didn't know, thanks. nothing where it isn't supposed to be on the whole map wooooo

question though, if corruption and hallowed are next to each other, does one overtake the other or is it 50/50 which one rules, or do they just stop spreading once they get in contact of each others path?
>>
>>161022462
>they just stop spreading once they get in contact of each others path
>>
File: 105600_20161124150305_1.png (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161124150305_1.png
325KB, 1920x1080px
This cart is so worth the expert mode.
>>
>>161022462
>>161022596
I mean to just copy and paste that, not quote it.
>>
>>161022596
>>161022705
perfect
>>
File: Terraria_2016-11-24_22-01-17.png (50KB, 435x359px) Image search: [Google]
Terraria_2016-11-24_22-01-17.png
50KB, 435x359px
Rate my Moonlord Arenaâ„¢
>>
>>161022858
F A G / 10
>>
>>161022858
Paint it all pink.
>>
I'm gonna build all my shit out of rocks spattered with the petrified blood of a great old one.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
>>
>>161024785
Literally nothing.
>>
Easiest way to get Demon Scythe? The Demons just spawn so rarely.
>>
>>160982409
>brick foundations
houses gon collapse senpai
>>
>>161029657
Tell that to the Romans. Or to my grandfather, who made his house of of fucking "mud".
>>
File: 20161124174510_1.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124174510_1.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
Why are they throwing a party?
>>
>>161022375
Because people would hop onto their Level-capped monks and place down auras that covered the entire route from entrance to crystal and then hop onto their DPS.

Monk was broken because he was fire and forget at extreme levels, more broken than most shit in that game
>>
>>161029867
I wonder why, could it be something to do with the PARTY GIRL?

Nah it must be the traveling merchant.
>>
>>161029867
Thanksgiving probably. faget
>>
Can I modify trail effects such as meme-meres projectile rainbow bullshit or the explosion via texture packs?

Not that I won't be stuck with the audio from le ebin rainbow cat meem sword xD but I just wanna try making it more bearable to use.
>>
>>161030543
And the other two classes weren't as much fire&forget?
>Squire: Max Tower Health for Barricades
>Apprentice: Max Tower Attack and Speed for offensive towers
>Huntress: Max personal DPS to play her during the waves
At endgame i saw noone who didn't play Huntress during the waves. The meta didn't change until they added DLC classes, which could outperform them at times as well. I don't see much difference in dundef2 either, except most people barely even care for the buffing aura because that's been somewhat nerfed as well.
>tfw no more Jester to troll the fuck out of pubs by spawning an ogre at the first wave
>>
>>161030648
I dont have the party girl yet.
>>
>>161029867
>>161030648
Parties have nothing to do with the party girl. They can happen before you get her. Parties were introduced to celebrate Terraria's anniversary.
>>
>>161031386
See >>161031426
>>
>>161031241
Probably.
>>
>>161031241
I seriously hope they add the ability to replace sounds as well. I can't wait to change the Space Gun's and Drill's sounds. God, do they piss me off.
>>
So I'm working on a wavebank and was wondering if there was a way to *not* replace the file for the rain sound effects. Or will I have to find and add the game's file to my wavebank (or get another rain sound effect)?
>>
>>161031868
You'll have to find the game's sound effect for rain or add another one yourself.
>>
File: 571289112200002900253b11.jpg (35KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
571289112200002900253b11.jpg
35KB, 630x419px
>generate a small world to fuck around with expert mode
>the only corruption is between the dungeon and ocean
>jungle is toward the opposite edge of the map
>kill the wall of flesh
>hallow clips the very edge of the jungle, completely blocking it off from the corruption
>>
>>160994429
>what is live action
>>
Can somebody post a picture of the most efficient way to structure a tunnel for corruption/hallow?
A friend of mine insisted INSISTED we contain it before hardmode, wasted a bunch of time prepping it, and now I'm not even sure he did it properly.
Also any /tg/ servers up for just doing whatever? I want to mess around with post-moonlord shit.
>>
>>161032919
Just make it a 3 wide gap lined on each side by something incorruptible.
>>
>>161033345
spoonfeed me with a picture
>>
File: 20161124191151_1.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124191151_1.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
My ant farm is pretty empty. Solo on a Large Map.
>>
>>161033345
>lined on each side by something incorruptible
That's retarded. >>161032919 don't do that bullshit. Just make the 3 block wide gap and make sure the sides don't have grass on them. That's it.
>>
File: 1478910656900.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1478910656900.png
690KB, 850x464px
i have a seed for a world with cool worldgen, but how do i create a world with it?
>>
>>161035264
How do you have the seed if you don't know how to create a world with it?
>>
>>161035264
Create an exact copy of the world. Is it Small, Medium, or Large? Is it Corruption or Crimson? It needs these exact details to be the same.
>>
>>161035264
Here.
http://terraria.gamepedia.com/World_seed
>>
File: output.webm (1MB, 1141x574px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
1MB, 1141x574px
>>161035264
Enable experimental features
>>
>>161029727
how's your grandaddy's house doing now though
>>
>>161035348
somebody shared it with me
>>161035695
thank u!
>>
>>161035794
It's doing fine. It has been doing fine for the last 50-60 years. It's not up to modern European energy efficiency standards, but other than that it has no problems.
>>
>>161036128
well that's pretty cool then desu
>>
S E R V E R
W H E R E
>>
File: 20161124195232_1.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124195232_1.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck. My pyramid only had ONE treasure in it.

Pretty shitty.
>>
>>161037650
Isn't that standard?
>>
>>161021875
>8 unit
to what end
>>
>>161037715
My last Pyramid had 3 treasure room in it.
>>
>>161037650

Every one I have found only has one. More often than not its the totally useless cosmetic set, too.
>>
>>161038016
Yeah that's what I got.

By the way, did they change the trigger for the Meteorite? I killed the Eye, and if I remember correctly it's supposed to spawn the Meteorite right?
Because I cant destroy the things without the golden hammer? And the eye didnt drop any.
>>
>>161038121
It's always been the first smashed heart/orb.
>>
>>161037939
>3 treasure rooms

>>161038121
Meteorite has a chance to spawn the next day after destroying a crimson heart or shadow orb, you find those in the crimson/corruption

breaking three will summon the boss

Altars can only be destroyed with the pwnhammer which is a guranteed wall of flesh drop
>>
>>161038272
Hmm I must be confused. I remember always summoning the boss by destroying the orbs. Been a while since I played so my error.
>>
File: 1480036341643.jpg (24KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1480036341643.jpg
24KB, 385x385px
>game crashes right after dying with my best gear and pickaxe
>>
>>161039796
Playing on Mediumcore? Ouch
>>
>>161032093
>clips
>>
>check terraria wiki for some furniture references
>notice some previews of furniture I've never seen before
>looks like crystal
>no information on how to craft
>"The Crystal [furniture] was introduced during 1.3.1 but not used."
why this
The candelabra in particular. Shit looks nice.
>>
Anyone hosting?
>>
How would you go about taking the half-assed throwing type and making it whole-assed, besides the standard answers of more armors and more hardmode throwing weapons? Personally, I think the bone glove is pretty interesting, and could be used as an archetype for more throwing weapons. Maybe make some basic craftable gloves that just improve damage and velocity or something of general throwing items, and then having more specialized gloves that improve specific throwing items in interesting ways.
>>
File: 105600_20161124201232_1.png (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161124201232_1.png
418KB, 1920x1080px
Oh FUCK did you guys know the heart lantern buff distance is based on screen scroll?

Look how far this fucker is (at left ocean)
>>
>>161041815

That would be a pretty easy way to do it. You could also add in more craftable throwing knives / javelins / grenades, much like the different darts that are available.

That reminds me, I think cursed flames should be like a reverse shadow flame - they should do more damage the longer the enemy burns. Or maybe damage over time effects in general should be reworked. Maybe buff the damage of all DoT effects for each boss you beat? Add extra damage based on the attack that applies the DoT? An accessory that double/triples the damage of most DoTs?

I mean, honestly, fire/frostfire is useful pre hard mode, but that's about it. When enemies have a couple hundred HP each, and you are landing hundreds to thousands of damage a second, what the fuck good is an extra single digit of damage per second?
>>
>>161042770
One solution I thought of was to make cursed flames more intense as you continue to hit the enemy up to a certain point, that way not only will it be doing decent damage, but you also have a reason to use cursed flame weapons more than just to reapply the debuff now and then like you do with ichor.
>>
>>161041815
The Plague Doctor set from Thorium is pretty cool, you throw gas canisters to set clouds which react when a subsequent fire/ice/poison canister is thrown
>>
HOW THE ACTUAL MOTHER FUCK DO YOU EVEN ATTEMPT DUKE FISHRON?

WHAT

THE

FUCK
>>
>>161042452
Didnt know that.
>>
>>161043459
nvm made him my absolute bitch with all the evasion/invicibility gear + homing tactical shotgun.
>>
my friend and i did a complete terraria playthrough ages ago, and we've been looking for a good coop game since
is starbound actually a game now? i know this isnt a starbound thread, but the games looked similar, and i was curious if any of you had experience with both
>>
>>161048140
terraria clones are shit, all of them
>>
>>161048457
rip
whens 2 comin otu GODMDANNIT
>>
>>161048140
no, it's not a game
>>
I want to fucking STRANGLE whomever came up with the idea that the probes stop spawning after you kill the fucking cultists. That actively punishes you for not being a wikitard.
>>
>>161049024
only until you finish the lunar event
the only issue is the lunar event can go on forever since its not pressing in any way
>>
File: 1443269950621.png (30KB, 155x217px) Image search: [Google]
1443269950621.png
30KB, 155x217px
>>
>>161053685
Is she hiding a dick behind that mushroom?
>>
>>161056271
Do you want her to be hiding a dick behind that mushroom?
>>
>>161057361
Yes.
>>
Terraria!
>>
File: 589.jpg (69KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
589.jpg
69KB, 600x886px
250 ICE TORTOISE KILLS AND STILL NO FUCKING SHELL.
WHO DO I SUE FOR THIS SHIT?
>>
>>161062907
Cool down, friend. I had the same problem farming those cold bastards, but you gotta remain chill when farming. You won't get it if you get mad.
>>
>>161062907
RNG? They dropped like copper coins for me
>>
>>161049024
The Lunar Event is enough of a mess without Martians pushing your shit in
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (27KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
27KB, 273x200px
>second day of hardmode
>pirate invasion
>get a pirate staff
>get a lucky coin
>flying dutchman got stuck in my arena
>infinite pirates
>literally raining money
>>
>>161048140
Starbound lack real progression but in terms of crafting and just goofing around it is not Terraria so it could be fun. Even if you do end up getting the game do make sure to add the Frackin Universe mod, it may as well be an official mod at this point as it have more progression than the real game. Only downsides is that your universe will change so any coordinates you see online will be useless. Beside three books that very loosely explain what the mod had added in terms of new resources you are kinda expected to do everything blind and just experiment. The idea of the mod itself is that you are more of a scientist than a low class miner monkey.
>>
>>161066927
Fuck off back to the starbound general where you circlejerk and ERP all day.
>>
>>161067718
I personally like Terraria more but so far the only people I know that outright hate Starbounds are those who.
1. Kickstarted it (retards with major regret)
2. Those who play like beta 0.01 and assume the game is exactly the same from back then and forgotten when Terraria used to be a 2D minecraft clone with like Skeletron as the final boss. Just like how Terraria is no longer shit could it be possible the same could had happen to Starbound?
3. Try to play it like Terraria and get burn out in one day because Starbound is about exploring and building. It take a totally different mindset.

Personally I was #3 myself and once I got the fuck over it I was able to enjoy the game just fine. The based game though is lacking and there is a ton of flaws but also a ton that they did right mostly with wiring and building. A simple example being no need to create background walls, if you want stone to be in the background then just right click instead of left click. Works for mining as well giving you potentially twice as much resources with half of the exploring.

But yea there your (you), enjoy bud. I would love to see you come up with counterarguments for a game you had never play before. Pro tip, most of the old arguments are outdated as the game had fixed them, internet won't help you here.
>>
>log in to server
>explode
you rascals
>>
Whats the easiest method to kill expert mode moonlord for first time? (I.e. pre-lunamite gear)
>>
>want to play terraria
>open world
>remember that world is 50% crimson 50% hallow
>close terraria
>>
>>161040824
>tediumcore
Wasn't that a starbound thing? I thought terraria only had normal mode and "muh hardcores"
>>
>>161070865
>doesn't have 2 platinum by hardcore time

Hello r/eddit
>>
>>161072094
>the clentaminor fixes all!
no it doesn't, you can never 100% cleanse your world
>>
>>161072150
actually you can. Some anon posted a link for how to do it.

But why do you need to have a 100% pure world? pls explain
>>
>>161072250
>But why do you need to have a 100% pure world? pls explain
I don't, what I need is building space
>>
>>161068306
Except the exploring in Starbound is utter shit, because all you have available to find is either just a recolored carbon copy of something else with halfassed description, if any, or it's a quest item. And the quest itself is basically just a series of doubly half-assed fetch quests stapled onto the 'game' at the last second before 'release'. It was painful, if anything, and unskippable at that.

Building, sure, I'll give you that. It has a larger set of assets and graphics than Terraria, and it is kind of better than that. It has more opportunity to look prettier, although it's more prone to random disappearances of everything you own than Terraria. But unlike Terraria, it doesn't have an actual game next to the building.

mod that adds Starbound musical instruments with functionality into Terraria fucking when
>>
File: 1436859048629.png (640KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1436859048629.png
640KB, 800x800px
>>
>>161075262
Basically this, as someone who spends a lot of time in such games just to fuck around with vanity and mindless shit, i have to say that the exploring in Starbound is as stale as people make it out to be. Unless you really like examining and analyzing random world generation of 2D voxel games there's not much Starbound offers. It's barebones and simply lacks a lot of meaningful content, that's why progression feels so extremely linear compared to Terraria: there's just not much you can experiement with. Which is what "exploration" is about: finding interesting things to do.

Starbound is pretty much No Man's Sky in 2D But at least it has multiplayer so you can ERP with others
>>
Quick! What's better, a storage in the attic or in the basement? I need a fucking tavern
>>
>>161078327
Taverns usually stored their ale and wine in the basement because the temperatures were more consistent there, the upper floors were usually either the tavern owner's house or rooms for rent.
>>
>>161078327
Por que no los dos? Keep the drinkables in the basement, and stuff random junk in the attic.
>>
>>161078631
Thanks for teaching this idiot anon something interesting.
>>161078651
I've found that when I make my houses, smaller is better, and having functional houses instead of those fake platform rows limits it too. Already gave up on having kitchens and bathrooms in every house.
>>
File: bishie face monster.jpg (170KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bishie face monster.jpg
170KB, 600x600px
>>
Expert Skeletron is pretty hard, any tips?
>>
>>161085926
What's causing you to get killed? the arms? The spinning? The cursed skulls?
>>
File: 1.jpg (29KB, 910x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29KB, 910x480px
>mfw /tg/ is still alive but starbound general is dead

Where did it all go so wrong with that game
>>
>>161086656
/teg/*
>>
>>161086605
i get stuck while he's spinning and i die
>>
>>161086605
>The cursed skulls?
what cursed skulls? last time I fought him I didn't notice any cursed skulls and I destroyed his arms too
>>
>>161086782
Use the cthulu shield and boots to get away
>>
>>161088236
I think he's talking about the white skulls skeleton shoots out in phase 2
>>
>>161086782
what's your arena look like? take a snapshot of it

you can find your snapshots folder next to your character and world saves
>>
>>161088331
>the white skulls skeleton shoots out in phase 2
Since when?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 829x438px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 829x438px
>>161088518
Since expert mode was introduced?
>>
>>161088809
I didn't notice him shoot any skulls when I last fought him
>>
>>161088326
>>161088335
I just killed him, i just had to git gud
>>
File: office by Flor3nce2456.png (751KB, 2688x1552px) Image search: [Google]
office by Flor3nce2456.png
751KB, 2688x1552px
>>
>>161093987
commieblock tower / 10
>>
I'm playing on expert mode and no longer require all of the defense given from Solar armor, what armor should I replace it with? I was thinking either Valhalla Knight or Shinobi
>>
>>161095979
Go for maximum offense.
>>
File: file.png (622KB, 1100x1008px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
622KB, 1100x1008px
Most successfull world i ever had
>>
File: angery.jpg (5KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
5KB, 160x90px
Alright lads, I defeated Moonlord and got every set, what now?
I tried to get back into my old heavily modded save file but turns out the TModloader is still not updated to 1.3.4.

Why isn't it updated yet? Normally it took few days.
>>
File: fullADHD.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fullADHD.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>161096909
And of course only the thumbnail is uploaded... fuck.
Anyway, assuming it finally gets updated, what mods do you use? I have Thorium and Tremor on my old save file, alongside some minor mods like Enemy Prefixes and "Weapon on hotbar is visible on your character" mod.
I like when mods overwhelm me.
>>
So trying to make a daybloom/blinkroot farm so I can have a huge surplus of potions and it takes FOREVER, am I missing something? It seems like it'd go by faster just exploring and picking them up as you adventure. Whats the point in being able to plant them if it takes longer?

Also armored cave fish are so annoying to find. I've gotten TWO in two days with the crimson fishing rod.
>>
File: 51636133335.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
51636133335.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
Guys.
The regen-meta meme is real.
>>
>>161098274
if you are fishing use sonar potions
>>
Does minion damage on sets like tiki armor mean specifically for minions and doesn't include sentries? Or is it improper wording now that there's a bigger focus on sentries and should really be labeled as summoner damage?
>>
>>161100386
sentries get the bonus damage as well
>>
>>161100386
>Or is it improper wording now that there's a bigger focus on sentries and should really be labeled as summoner damage?
Yes
>>
>>161101508
>>161101793
Thanks. One more question - why would anyone choose monk armor over squire armor? If you take away all of the bonuses the sets share with each other, squire flat out has better and more benefits over monk, like raw damage over melee speed, higher crit chance, and bonus life regen.
>>
>>161098274
The point is being able to produce them in mass quantities and not have to search for them
>>
>>161098524
>The regen-meta meme is real.
We farmed Moonlord in 15 seconds with an 11-Dragon on a summoner build. That dragon just MELTS him in seconds. AFK moonlord farming
>>
>>161098274
>Also armored cave fish are so annoying to find. I've gotten TWO in two days with the crimson fishing rod.
For fishing, ALWAYS bring the following potions:
>Crate potion
This is basically a self-contained bait farm. You'll be rolling in bait
>Fishing potion
Increases power which gives your quests and crates a boost
>Sonar Potion
THE most important one, do not fish without it. Catch only what you want, your bait won't get taken. Always catch crates and armorfish.

>Extra stuff
Do quests as rapid as possible (pay attention to the paragraph where he explains how to catch it) so you can eventually get the high test fishing line. I actually have an extra one and an extra fishing power earring if you wanna host a server.

>Pole
Craft the Fisher of Souls from demonite as fast as possible. In fact, just rush your pickaxe progression to do this immediately.
>>
>>161102324
Well ignore what I said about fisher of souls. By the time I got to the end, I forgot you said you had the Crimson rod
>>
>>161101909
Preference.

For example, the terra blade gas no projectile cooldown, so you could use mnk armor to fire more projectiles.

There's also a new weapon called the sleepy octopus that synergies really well with attack speed.
It's also shaped like one of the monk's weapons, further expressing their synergy.
>>
>>161102001
>we
Serb?
>>
>>161102972
Me and my gf
>>
>>161102001
Care to share some info about that?
>>
>>161096404
super ugly desu, couldn't even make it symmetrical
>>
File: 1474330499265.jpg (36KB, 490x429px) Image search: [Google]
1474330499265.jpg
36KB, 490x429px
>>160978969
RIP
>>
>>161103282
>symmertrical
that's the worst thiing you can do in block based building games, I take it you've never played minecraft
>>
>>161103078
Tiny box with a honey platform inside it, heart statues on repeat, heart lantern, campfire.

Stardust dragon summoned 11 times with the Stardust gear (we beat him the normal way first), Bewitching table, summon potion, Pygmy necklace, necromatic scroll, papyrus, and I can't remember if there was anything else. You just stand still and the dragon coils up on his eyes, killing them in 2 seconds flat.
>>
>>161102324
>>161102440
thanks m80.
>>
>>161103818
Obviously the dude was going for a square house because he had no desire or talent to do otherwise. An asymmetrical "square" house is about as shitty as Terraria buildings can go. If he had made ANY sort of attempt to do something creative I wouldn't have bashed him
>>
>>161104056
well i never even managed to beat the fucking eye before, too busy exploring the map to make a cute house
>>
>>161104254
the first thing i do when i start a new world is build a "cute" house. i know you're not me but if you're not going to put effort into building a house then i'll gladly tell you it's shit
>>
So I have the melee DD2 event armor. Sitting at enough to get a 2nd set. Anyone tried the monk stuff yet? Does it make the lightning traps worth it?
>>
File: 105600_20161125170037_1.png (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
105600_20161125170037_1.png
536KB, 1920x1080px
>>161104585
Feel free to bash (it's been scaled a bit for our actual game needs)
>>
>>161104992
The monk stuff is the melee set?
>>
>>161105165
very comfy, and could easily be built in the first hour of the game. >>161104254 is no excuse.
>>
>>161105396
so is valhalla, except thus far valhalla has been hailed as god tier because of the regen
>>
>>161105456
We built it in the first hour. At first we had to use regular wood from the spawn until we had enough acorns to do boreal. Then we tore it all up and replaced it with boreal wood.

Now we're trying to think of a build for all this golden furniture.
>>
File: 383201.jpg (161KB, 1024x704px) Image search: [Google]
383201.jpg
161KB, 1024x704px
>>161102972
You called?
>>
>>161105165
>walls/floors 1 layer thick
>100% boreal wood
gon freeze to death, senpai, at least thatch your roof
>furnace on upper floor
>anvil on shelf
>bed in basement
>metal safe on nightstand
>open fire on roof
unsafe living/working conditions desu
>>
>>161105396
>>161105580
Like I said here >>161102480
It's a special build set for specific melee weapons

Squire and Valhalla are your typical melee fag sets
>>
>>161106723
Laughed pretty hard, thanks. Hopefully we can learn from each build and make them better.
>>
Which set are summoners meant to wear from thew new event exactly?
>>
Anyone have a server up with an angler present? I spent hours catching every quest fish now I want to turn them in as fast as possible.
>>
>betsy's wrath
>betsy's wrath
>betsy's wrath

Fucking hell I just want the sword
>>
>>161106723
>middle of the night
>sleeping
>woken by a loud crash as the anvil smashes through the floor
>go up to inspect the damage
>the shaking of the house knock the logs loose, ceiling is now on fire
>can't put it out because it's cold fire
>lose all your belongings in the blaze because the anvil crashing through the floor knocked over the safe, opening it
>>
>>161107090
Depends on what you want.
>>
If I just beat Golem and obtained everything from the Solar Eclipse, what's order should I follow if I want to progress as naturally as possible and not skip any content? Obviously not including the Cultist/pillars here since they come last:

>Dungeon
>Duke Fishron
>Martian Madness
>Pumpkin Moon
>Frost Moon
>Final Tier of the Old One's Army
>>
>>161110360
The order you just listed. Good luck with those godawful invasion events though.
>>
>>161110360
I'd do Martian Madness after both Moon events if you want more "natural" progression
>>
All the damn snow biomes keep spawning corruption inside them.

Am I just unlucky? What's the deal
>>
>>161110652
It's either the snow or the jungle
>>
>>161110360
Pretty much this >>161110589
You'll probably want/have to try MM, PM and FM multiple times to get some banners to make the event easier and then farm some items like the UFO key. Good luck with DunDef, Betsy on wave 7 is like Duke Fishron on crack.
>>
>>161110738
Thanks
>>
>>161110360
>Dungeon
>Pumpkin Moon
>Frost Moon
>Duke Fishron
>Martian Madness
>Final Tier of the Old One's Army

That's the most natural order but god does it make the events painful
>>
>>161110898
I've been soloing Betsy while my friend keeps the crystal safe. As long as you don't stay at the same horizontal height and have the UFO key it's not too hard to dodge its attacks.
>>
>>161111214
The problem isn't Betsy's attack damage, i can still tank that easily. The problem is hitting that fucking cunt because it's constantly moving at mach 3, i can't deal damage to it.
>>
>>161111396
Exact opposite problem on my end, Killing her isn't an issue at all nor is protecting the crystal. It's making sure I don't get hit and die before she does
>>
>>161110652
In previous terragen I kept saying this. Spawned a dozen worlds in a row like that.
>>
i fuckin hate this game
the third tier of the dungeon defenders minigame is impossible, you get to wave 7 with a full crystal and have to kill a dragon that hits for an unavoidable 100+ every time it charges across the screen with its gigantic hitbox, the only way to survive that is with spectre healing which doesn't do enough dps to kill it before the crystal dies to the shit you can't kill cuz you're busy with this stupid fucking dragon
this shit is impossible with anything pre-moon lord even on normal, expert is just a cruel joke.
fuck this patch, and fuck this game.
>>
>>161113892
Try ____________________git_____________________
>>
>>161113892
The defender patch is just awful in general. It feels so out of place and doesn't flow into the game very well.
>>
Someone show me the best heaven/sky palace builds, need some inspiration here
>>
What do you guys think a jungle tavern would look like? I'm kinda stuck with where I'm gonna put the barkeep.
>>
>>161094214
You can tell he designed it to fit the logo
>>
>>161114578
it gave some much needed summoner tools, not to mention pre-hardmode its actually fun
>>
Guys, what are the best accessories to use as a melee yoyo-user for Moon Lord?
>>
>>161120191
also beetle shell or beetle chainmail?
>>
>>161120313
shell unless you dislike tanking in multiplayer
>>
>>161113892
literally 2 ez even on expert. just line up as many ballista staffs as you can near the crystal so you can focus on betsy. potions and minions are your friends
>>
>>161113892
>Not wearing a DD armor set and combining the DD sentries with the non-event sentries
>>
>>161124896
>with the non-event sentries
This. Also consider using the Clinger Staff. I used it on the second tier of the event (not expert mode) and it essentially made 1 entire portal irrelevant.
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-25 23_09_40.png (709KB, 1360x1696px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-25 23_09_40.png
709KB, 1360x1696px
Hows it look so far? Obviously a work in progress, but anything you guys would recommend? A different wall to replace the planked walls? The spot Im building into is going to be more housing space.
>>
>>161126235
ooga booga mud hut roof
>>
File: 1476126521327.png (325KB, 2036x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1476126521327.png
325KB, 2036x2208px
>>
Does anyone know how thorium messes with the wave bank for music? I wanna create a custom set of sings, but I'm worried that the aquatic depths song fucks everything over
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 00_35_50.png (151KB, 688x464px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 00_35_50.png
151KB, 688x464px
So there are few details left but I think I'm finished. This would be the Clothier's house, and the hairdresser is renting the place. What do you think about his house?
>>
>>161130837
That roof is too big. Everything else is pretty nice.
>>
>>161130837
my house's always end up looking like this and I can't break the habit
>>
>>161130885
I was planning to put some things in the attic, since the attic has to stay. I guess getting rid of the empty gap between the attic ceiling and the roof?
>>161131062
What do you mean
>>
>>161131062
they always end up as multi-roomed "normal" looking wooden houses (im not sure if normal is the right word here) but they always tend to take that shape and look. Either that or it becomes a fucking tower
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 00_50_56.png (274KB, 1088x640px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 00_50_56.png
274KB, 1088x640px
>>161131368
Yeah pretty much. I've struggled and decided to go with it anyway, I mean, they're houses.
These are 1 and 2. It was pretty hard to keep 2 this small.
Still need trophies and stuff.
>>
>>161131136
Yes get rid of that empty space (and maybe even make the roof thinner.) Also, the brick you used for the roof doesn't really match the rest of the house.
>>
>>161132783
I want that space to be dark though. Is there any way to achieve that?
>>
>>161132881
Shadow paint, maybe?
>>
So, I've been trying to find it on the blocks list and wiki for a few days...

But what the fuck is this wall?
>>
>>161137950
Looks like copper brick, maybe.
>>
>>161137950
I think it's one of the textures that don't exist anymore.
>>
>>161138036
But with the power of texture packs, it can rise again!
>>
File: Terraria decor.png (379KB, 1711x726px) Image search: [Google]
Terraria decor.png
379KB, 1711x726px
>>161137950
It's the old Copper Brick Wall, before it got changed for some reason.
>>
>>161137995
>>161138036
>>161138252
Damn, that wall looks better as roof shingles than the new one. At least now I know I will never be able to use this (without mods). Thanks
>>
>>161138661
Well, the game has texture pack support now, it shouldn't be too hard to bring back.
>>
File: 1477107473078.jpg (66KB, 241x271px) Image search: [Google]
1477107473078.jpg
66KB, 241x271px
>Biome Keys are Hardmode items used to open Biome Chests. Though unusable until Plantera is defeated
Oh for fuck sake...
>>
File: 1.0.4 base.png (583KB, 1920x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1.0.4 base.png
583KB, 1920x1016px
>load up old outdated worlds
man what fucking shitty bases I had
pretty sure I copied this one from the trailer
>>
>>161142470
Same. I made a tree base back when it came out too because of the trailer.
>>
this base was from when alchemy was introduced
mud didn't blend with bricks before, so you got some jungle grass looking like shit beside the grey bricks
>>
File: 1.0.5 base.png (539KB, 1920x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1.0.5 base.png
539KB, 1920x1016px
>>161142578
>forgot the pic
fuck me man
anyone else got old bases good for a share?
>>161142574
it was a pretty neat base back then for sure
>>
File: 20161126114236_1.jpg (423KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20161126114236_1.jpg
423KB, 1680x1050px
>>161142470
Better than my first recovered base.
>>
File: 2315315611.png (598KB, 1936x1104px) Image search: [Google]
2315315611.png
598KB, 1936x1104px
r8 my incomplete storage room
>>
>>161131604
What a clusterfuck, jesus christ. Either people use too few materials when building houses or they use too many.
>>
>>161143307
It's shit
>>
>>161143672
bullies need not to apply
>>
File: Mk. I.png (360KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mk. I.png
360KB, 1920x1200px
r8 and h8 my base
>>
>>161137950
Can anybody upload the old copper brick wall tiles?
>>
>>161143731
How old is that picture?
>>
File: Mk. II.png (365KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mk. II.png
365KB, 1920x1200px
>>161143869
Last modified June 8th 2011, just before the Clothier was introduced
>>
File: Wall_12.png (6KB, 468x180px) Image search: [Google]
Wall_12.png
6KB, 468x180px
>>161143808
>>
File: Tiles_47.png (9KB, 288x270px) Image search: [Google]
Tiles_47.png
9KB, 288x270px
>>161144086
>>161143808
>>
File: 5ss315611.png (1KB, 48x87px) Image search: [Google]
5ss315611.png
1KB, 48x87px
Rare drop guise amirite
>>
>>161144086
>>161144169
Thank you, anon.
>>
>finally found two blooming deathweeds
>>
File: oil platform by shiela.png (73KB, 1183x1315px) Image search: [Google]
oil platform by shiela.png
73KB, 1183x1315px
>>
>>161145016
I feel like they buffed the drop rate of those things
I've been getting them fairly easily
>>
File: 1475256839552.jpg (18KB, 583x328px) Image search: [Google]
1475256839552.jpg
18KB, 583x328px
For moon lord, would it make sense to have two identical arenas at each end of the map and connect the two with teleporters? Assuming I get all three eyes out at the same time, if I teleport to the other side, Moon Lord will teleport to me immediately, yeah? How long will the invulnerable true cthulhu eyes get to me?
>>
>>161149215
I am stealing this
>>
>>161150382
why bother with this instead of just standing still in honey while your solar eruption does all the work.
>>
File: home.png (515KB, 1749x798px) Image search: [Google]
home.png
515KB, 1749x798px
Call me a faggot for my horrible architecture skills. I will admit right now the topmost house is plagiarized.
>>
>>161151448
Won't I die in a horrible mess though? Or are you actually implying that I can outregen the damage if I just stay in the honey with beetle shell armor?
>>
>>161151720
I think it's more "You kill him faster than he can kill you"
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 14_32_55.png (204KB, 752x592px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 14_32_55.png
204KB, 752x592px
rate
>>
>>161151964
pick up that plant first
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 14_32_55.png (219KB, 752x592px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 14_32_55.png
219KB, 752x592px
>>161152001
i'm thinking i should do more with these bits

also, last played 6 jan 2016. i only ever seem to be immersed in terraria during the winter months
>>
File: asas.png (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asas.png
267KB, 1920x1080px
>>161151720
There you go friend. Don't mind the nurse, she's for the summon build.

Every accessory in my slots are warding. Very Do-able with 2 heart statues (even if I have 3).
Beetle head and leggins. New body armor from the tavernkeeper that greatly regens hp.
If you don't have heart statues, just craft Super healing potions (200hp) but they are not necessary since you most likely won't use them except ONE at the end

Don't forget the endurance potion, and the buffs.
>>
File: Untitled.png (199KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
199KB, 800x600px
>>161152103
>>
>>161152103
>>161152284
Fug forgot to write comment, try replacing walls in bottom floor, stone and planked wall make great looking basements. Add blocks into corners and hammer them. Also, putting windows on ceiling line looks weird.

Also pick up that plant.
>>
>>161151804
Would my teleporter tactic work though? I assume the true eyes won't follow me immediately, and as they're moving across the map for me, that'd buy me enough time to tango with Moon lord when he's alone. I can teleport back to the other side when the eyes get there.

I'm only suggesting because my accessories aren't exactly optimal and I threw out all of my heart statues.
>>
>>161150382
The eyes also teleport.
>>
File: 1477702064227.jpg (167KB, 1062x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1477702064227.jpg
167KB, 1062x1062px
>>161152721
So the wiki entry on the eyes is false then? For fuck's sake.
>>
>>161152284
>>161152418
Point taken on the basement; however, lowering the windows makes it look like my house is designed for dwarf manlets who walk everywhere on their knees
>>
Any servers up? I don't want to play alone ;___;
>>
>>161153349
rip
>>
>>161153328
>t look like my house is designed for dwarf manlets who walk everywhere on their knees
Already looks like that because the ceilings are 1 block too low.
>>
TShock update when
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 13_32_54.png (622KB, 1456x912px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 13_32_54.png
622KB, 1456x912px
Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>161153770
Why do you even want thsock?
>>
>>161152961
Most of the boss guides havent been updated there according to the patch changelog. The box tactic is probably the only easy way to take expert pre moonlord. Though it takes a while to prepare
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 16_41_06.png (1MB, 1728x1424px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 16_41_06.png
1MB, 1728x1424px
how do i make my babbys first chinese structure look less bad
>>
>>161154840
>datescumming

enjoy your report, fag.
>>
>>161155468
>datescumming
I don't know what that means senpai
>>
>>161037881
style
>>
File: 1423346383272.gif (716KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1423346383272.gif
716KB, 512x512px
>expert mode crimson frozen underground as a non mage that can't cheese shit using walls
>>
>>161155541
You changed the date of your computer. Either that or you just had a Snow army summoning item from the last year which is unlikely
>>
>>161155541
>>161157540
Oh, nevermind. These mobs are from early stages in Frost Moon. My bad

>tfw didn't realize because i easily skip these shitters
>>
>>161153349
no but really, any servers up
>>
>>161157860
I've had this one running for a bit now. Hasn't really gotten much traffic.
>>161005172
I don't think anyone has done much on it yet.
>>
>>161158772
Why am I expecting somebody to have put explosives at the spawn point?
>>
>>161159693
That happened to me once when I went in to check on things. Anyone getting any connection issues?
>>
>>161158772
>Hasn't really gotten much traffic
>doesn't post the IP
uh
>>
>>161162391
It was in one of the posts I linked before, wasn't sure if anyone would have seen it or not but here it is again for anyone that missed it
>>
>>161151496
>Call me a faggot for my horrible architecture skills. I will admit right now the topmost house is plagiarized.
How is it plagiarism if you're not claiming it as yours?
>>
File: 44814008.jpg (155KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
44814008.jpg
155KB, 850x1280px
>>161155443
Build smaller and use reference images.
>>
File: 20161126132921_1.jpg (138KB, 1600x878px) Image search: [Google]
20161126132921_1.jpg
138KB, 1600x878px
>golem arena is massive
>in fact, it's so massive that enemies continuously spawn throughout the fight
>getting SO MUCH healing off the sea of enemies that the golem is absolutely no problem at all
>die afterwards because even with 55 armor, enemies still knock me for 50+ damage
got the picksaw, but no sun charm
>>
>>161164805
>golem arena is massive
>in fact, it's so massive that enemies continuously spawn throughout the fight
Exactly how I like my Golem arena, tons of power cells drop while I'm mid fighting Golem
>>
>>161157540
Not him, but why did you reported him because of that? Also anyone can get the Snow Globe just by joining a "free items" servers or just downloading the Builder's Workshop map.
>>
File: bbddf.jpg (35KB, 331x229px) Image search: [Google]
bbddf.jpg
35KB, 331x229px
>>161164805
>he thinks 50+ damage is high

Man, normal mode is sure a cake walk, isn't it? Too bad I can't get back to it because Im not a casual anymore and can't get used to it having only 5 accessory slots
>>
>>161165196
Why would you do that? That's basically cheating and I reported you aswell for influencing people in doing so.
>>
>>161165364
>>>/global/rules/7
>>
File: 1462735310301.jpg (23KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1462735310301.jpg
23KB, 480x359px
>>161165364
Oh shit the cyber police will caugh me!
>>
>>161165513
I reported you to Redigit, not >>>/4chan/
Enjoy your singleplayer account being locked.
>>
>>161165238
50 damage is high when it's contact damage caused by two enemies every second

In five seconds I went from 490 to 0
>>
>have an old world with thousands upon thousands of every resources known to mankind
>instead of using these resources, gather resources anew for all my projects in my new world, decimating desert after desert, creating bricks by the thousands, harvesting all the natural and precious resources of the world
>>
funny thing: the worst part of terraria is harvesting materials
>>
File: 1454851696614.jpg (39KB, 540x456px) Image search: [Google]
1454851696614.jpg
39KB, 540x456px
>>161165813
>surviving 5 seconds of full contact damage is bad

>mfw surviving 2 seconds of full contact damage in expert
>>
>>161166210
I'm on expert, I USED to die after 2 seconds, but I'm wearing melee armor
>>
>check on server
>suddenly explosives, hardmode, and hallow.
Should I keep it as is or make a new map?
>>
>>161166596
You should give up. You clearly can't manage a server.
>>
>>161166596
I'd say start it again.

Does TShock allow you to prevent a server going hardmode?
>>
>>161167378
Yes.
>>
>tfw getting walled by expert skeletron and wall of flesh
>>
>>161143637
p-please teach me anon
>>
>>161169563
Both of those bosses just require the player to get good.
>>
File: 1469215880812.png (215KB, 305x331px) Image search: [Google]
1469215880812.png
215KB, 305x331px
>>161165238
>can't get used to it having only 5 accessory slots
I feel ya man, knowing I only have 5 slots and that I'm not gonna get the EoC shield or Spore Sac is a major turn off
>>
>>161169563
>can't manage the wall
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
>>
File: 1478422124028.png (5KB, 242x245px) Image search: [Google]
1478422124028.png
5KB, 242x245px
>>161169563
Skeleton types are weak to bee types. Isn't this common knowledge?
>>
File: 1468712495526.png (34KB, 822x899px) Image search: [Google]
1468712495526.png
34KB, 822x899px
Are survival games still hosted by anyone?
>new character with like 20 people
>new world
>pvp
>last man standing
>>
>>160898251
>King Crimson

How would it work?
>>
>>161172123
It just would.
>>
>>161172403
I hate faggots like you so much.
>hurrr, I don't unserstand it so I'm just gonna mock it by saying it just werks
>>
>>161170949
>Spore Sac
What's so good about this other than making afking safer?
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 21_22_13.png (2MB, 3696x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 21_22_13.png
2MB, 3696x2112px
So, now that I feel like I've milked all the space this hill had to offer, I need to expand, but I have no idea what kind of structure to build. Any Ideas?
>>
>>161172795
Make a lake with a marble structure in it, partially submerged, partially in the air.
>>
>>161172956
That sounds neat, but making the artificial lake without the infinite bucket of water is going to be a pain.

Also how do I make an artificial lake? Just bomb the area and then fill it?
>>
>>161173761
use the pumps, bud.
Connect a few input to many output.
>>
>>161173761
I do a gradually increasing pattern type thing, like 1 block over and down a few times, then 2 blocks over and 1 block down a few times until you have a decent looking "bowl". Then throw some bombs or dig some random deeper parts into it, level it out some more, and you have a pretty alright lake.
>>
>>161174246
Gotta have wires for that, and the mechanic is still in the dungeon, guarded by skeletron.
I'm just gonna create the hole and the main structure for now.
>>
>>161175005
>wires
ha, that's literally the only reason why I never even talk to the angler before defeating the spoop
>>
>>161155443
Make it two times smaller, and look up rulick's weeaboo stuff from the build archive.
>>
>>161166245
>expert
>just use melee armor for everything, even guns
>melee weapons have full screen range anyway fuck balance

I want a mod to address this
>>
>>161175987
I want someone to draw a visual representation of the various damage types with ranged being a normal looking guy

magic being a scholar or something

ranged looking pretty wealthy

throwing being a starving bum

then the last panel showing melee laying on a golden couch being fed grapes and catered to by dev team, completely ripped as fuck

I'm gonna go ask in /v/ drawthreads for this
>>
File: 1476987796071.gif (2MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
1476987796071.gif
2MB, 353x234px
>>161175987
>melee with gun range
>melee that goes through walls
>no gun with melee range

Dropped
>>
>>161175987
>>161177030
Is there a gun/bow that shoots through blocks?
>>
>>161164805
>need power cells
>hook onto the ceiling with minions flying around killing things below off screen the moment the spawn in.
>>
>>161165364
1. There's no rule stating you can't change your computer's clock
2. There's no rule stating you can't get items from custom maps
3. There's no rule stating you can't get items from other players
4. There's no prevention of using the items outside Christmas time, meaning they were intended to be used any time so fuck off.
>>
>>161166062
>tfw dimension-hopping planet devastator

The true Corruption is me.
>>
>>161179659
>Planet
Doesn't the ocean just show that Terraria takes place on a island?
>>
>>161171649
I have like a dozen of those huge gems and locks.
>>
>>161172403
Probably just meming. Everyone knows King Crimson is The Hand but for Time.
>>
Guys whats the new cool kid equivalent to TEdit? Or do i have to wait until the author is arsed to update it?
>>
File: 1032849084024.gif (2MB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1032849084024.gif
2MB, 300x162px
>made a full wavebank for 1.2 once
>took like a day to get all of the loops working properly
>try to look for it now
>can't find it anywhere, almost certain I deleted it
>I've definitely wiped my trashbin since then
>mfw
Fuck me hard, I'll have it remade within the week but that pisses me off.
>>
>get two weather radios in a row when I already had one
fuck you kid you're a dick
>>
>>161177356
nope, because that would be "overpowered"
>>
>>161180660
Might as well start a collection of accessories then
>>
>>161172713
It's amazing for dungeon and lihzahrd temples, since they can spawn on both blocks and walls.
They do a good bit of damage and a nice perk for summoners if you made an arena with walls.
>>
>>161180660
>got the weather radio as my first prize
>quickly got the sexant
>nets, sexants, radios, vanity sets
>still no pocket guide
>have ever other piece
>>
File: 1477330773133.png (69KB, 780x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477330773133.png
69KB, 780x900px
>some of the really good stuff are locked behind crimson world hardmode
>tfw corruption
>>
>>160898251
I think it would be sweet if the hardmode evil biome bosses would be giant amalgamation of every main theme in both biomes.
>>
>>161181440
Which is why you always play Crimson have have a side world for worm scarf etc. Crimson is simply better once you hit hardmode because of Ichor and Knives
>>
>>161181714
Is it possible to bring over a crimson block and infect my world with it?
>>
>>161179558
Keep telling yourself that, redditor.
>>
File: 965.jpg (42KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
965.jpg
42KB, 600x637px
>bored of playing alone and want to join serb
>either i join the chucklefuck sponsored ones on the wiki covered in factions and build permits and free items
>or i catch a /tg/ one and watch it die an hour later
LIFE IS HELL
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-27 09_40_41.png (3MB, 3824x2192px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-27 09_40_41.png
3MB, 3824x2192px
>>161181856
Yes but you can't use Keys of night to spawn crimson mimics in a corrupt world, they have to spawn naturally. You can make farms like this though
>>
>>161182005
Okay, but I just gave you the opportunity to prove there's a rule and instead you responded with name calling memery.
>>
Is the Valhalla set better than the Stardust set?
>>
>>161182808
There is something called self-respect. If you got some you should know better than going to other people servers and getting items that (you) didn't "earn".
>>
>>161180389
>too lazy to loop my wavebank since half the tracks have distinct openings
>>
File: Capture 2016-11-26 15_01_45.png (708KB, 1008x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-11-26 15_01_45.png
708KB, 1008x1328px
Okay so why the FUCK can't NPCs move into the second and third floors? This shit is driving me up the god damn walls
>>
>>161184339
try replacing the platforms with "solid" blocks

then when its registered as a house you can replace it with platforms again, I had this issue the other day.
>>
>>161184557
Well now it works. thanks anon

why doesn't the game like platform floors anyway?
>>
>>161180271
>>
hey /tg/ give me a good mod list for tmodloader.
>>
>just want some fucking flower boots
>ransacking the shit out of the jungle
>2 boomsticks, 2 anklets of the wind, 2 feral claws, and a fucking pair of hermes boots for some reason (in an ivy chest)
Fuck man. I just want that easy bait.
>>
File: close, but no pizza.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
close, but no pizza.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>161181714
Fuck that, Corruption's always my home world. Crimson's ugly as fuck, Corruption + Snow looks perfect. Not to mention clingers and corruptors are a thousand times more fun than floaty gross faggots and no scoping ichor stickers.

Although missing out on the fetish bangkoks is a bit unfortunate.
>>
>>161186737

>be >>161184339
>start world on expert, follow a roll saying I need to build my base on a shroom biome
>decide "fuck it" and start converting everything right away on top of the jungle during earlygame
>jungle is now my main spawn
>getting raped by bees is now my hobby
>never care about flower boots but find them and nearly a full set of ancient cobalt armor back to back while just gathering common materials

feels good to be blessed by RNGesus for my hard work
>>
I just got 2 nazas from the first 2 flying skulls in the dungeon with a fresh character.

I spent 6 hours farming one on my last one.

This is not okay at all.
>>
>>161187790
>Spend 3+ hours farming one in normal mode
>get 1 Nazar from the first skull in hardmode
>Proceed to get half a chest full while farming the guns from the Hardmode Dungeon

All of my hate
>>
>>161186737
>keep getting fucking flower boots when i just want a fucking anklet

REEEEEEE
>>
File: 1822-286.png (858KB, 2156x1832px) Image search: [Google]
1822-286.png
858KB, 2156x1832px
alright how can I improve my shroom central?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (59KB, 515x715px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
59KB, 515x715px
>>161187464
After multiple runs of both Crimson and Corruption I much prefer Crimson especially when it comes to the design of the area. I'd rather just convert my Crimson areas into a corruption one than have those horrible holes in the ground

I will admit that Corruption has better underground track but music boxes exist.
>>
>>161189171
>preferring tumors to the chasms
Gotta agree to disagree here.
>>
>>161185019
It stops NPCs moving into stairwells
>>
NEW THREAD

>>161192794
>>161192794
>>161192794
>>161192794
>>161192794
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 150

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.