[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steep beta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: steep-game-1024x576.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
steep-game-1024x576.png
1MB, 1024x576px
Is anyone else disappointed by this so far? I was so excited for this to come out but after playing the beta I'm not even gonna bother getting it.
>>
cant even manage to get the game to fucking start
>>
>>160541110
It's almost not even worth getting it to start. They completely missed the point of extreme sports games and focused way too much on "exploration," which is really just looking through binoculars and fast traveling just to spend around 1 minute going down a semi-exciting line and struggling to do anything cool other than go fast. I've never seen a worse trick system in any game. Literally all you can do is grab the right or left side of your board, rotate and do a barrel roll. If you find a big jump, it's unreasonably difficult to land the jump if you want to do anything cool. Walking around on foot is so slow and tedious that it's not worth it at all, and since you can't control where your camera points (it just points where you're facing) it's not even worth walking around on foot just to take in the scenery of the game unless you wanna do it through the binoculars. wing suiting is cool for all of 1 minute but then you realize your only options are to fly really high above the mountain and get bored quickly, or fly close to the ground for 5 seconds and then get pulled down and crash. Parachuting is more of a utility than a fun experience. The game has a lot of potential but it's as if the developers got so caught up in this idea of "exploring the mountain" that they forgot that people play snowboarding/skiing games to go off huge jumps and do insane tricks and not so they can fast travel around to go sledding down a hill.
>>
Steep is a great example of why being the most realistic doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a good game.
>>
>>160540562
Got boring after 3 hours. The trick system is non existant and the lines are just boring. It's like they made a mountain generator and just put in some ways to go down.
>>
>>160540562
It's great that we finally get two new snowboard games just to see both Steep and Infinite Air chocke biblically. Now we'll have to wait another 10 years for a new Amped / SSX
>>
I like the presentation of it all and the actual movement feels nice, good sense of speed - but that's about it. The trick system is pretty boring (maybe because it's realistic, I wouldn't know) and there's not really anything fun to do other than go fast, which gets old sharpish.
>>
>>160542157
I've haven't been "pulled down" yet. glide as close to the ground as I can for those sweet points. Squirrel pajamas is definitely the best part of the game.
>>
>>160556369
>Now we'll have to wait another 10 years for a new Amped / SSX

This is the biggest let down about Steep, honestly. It's not even the fact that the game is lackluster, but the fact that the rest of the industry will see how poorly it sells and decide that there's no market for snowboarding/skiing games and choose not to make any.

>>160556769
I agree the actual movement feels great. At first I said the same thing about the trick system (that it was realistic), but really it's not, it's less exciting than real life. You can go on youtube and watch people in real life do way cooler tricks on snowboards than what you can do in Steep. It's kinda shocking how this game turned out since Ubisoft also made Shaun White Snowboarding, which was a pretty fun game with a good trick system.
>>
>>160558548
Maybe I just suck at using the wing suit then, but I have a tough time trying to fly close enough to the ground to dodge trees and rocks without eventually just hitting the ground.
>>
>>160558892
If anything, the whole "barely clip a tree with your hand knocks you out" bullshit is out of control. Made doing the flying squirrel challenge a pain in the dick hole.
>>
I've been playing this game for months. AMA.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.