[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/brg/ - Battlerite General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 37

File: Cw6Wf0JWgAACT7h.png (570KB, 1000x570px) Image search: [Google]
Cw6Wf0JWgAACT7h.png
570KB, 1000x570px
Childhood is when you idolize Ashka. Adulthood is when you realize Ezmo makes more sense.
>>
ded
>>
I've been watching teldos channel about this game and it's piqued my interest after not feeling like putting up with dota or league. I have some quick FAQ worthy questions if you didn't abandon your skeleton thread.

>Average match length?
>Coming from GW2 and DOtA what is my learning curve
>Lewds?
Also your opener needs to look more like an opener my dude get some links in there and collect art to bump your thread with. Come Senpai step it up.
>>
File: IMAG0327.jpg (750KB, 800x1264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0327.jpg
750KB, 800x1264px
>Sempai*
Based mobile posting.
>>
>>160109083
>8ish minutes
>very low
>not enough, but great waifu potential
>>
>>160109083
>match length
can be anywhere between 4 minutes to 15 max, if it goes to a 5th round and every pre-round is dragged out and every round goes to sudden death

>learning curve
honestly the knowledge barrier is minimal compared to those games, for better or worse. most of the difficulty is through execution and proper reaction.

>lewds
there's not much :'(
>>
>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP skillshot-based team arena game, similar to WoW Arena. It is made as the successor to Bloodline Champions, and is currently in Early Access. Release date slated at early 2017.

>INFORMATION
Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: http://steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: http://battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: http://masterbattlerite.com/

>I want to donate my mmr to /brg/
https://discord.gg/kPmykeU
>>
>>160109083
>learning curve?

Once you learn the basics, there's miles of unbalanced, exploitable bullshit that makes the game unfun to play in a serious match.
it's a lot better of a game in 3v3, but nobody plays that mode because casuals enjoy 2v2 more.
>>
>>160110454
What's the average waiting time in both 2v2 and 3v3?
>>
i only play standard 3v3 and id say average is about 30s-45s. i usually just browse 4chan while it searches
>>
What is the minimum grade that is considered respectable for /brg/?

Is 11 respectable?
>>
File: 1470152001908.jpg (36KB, 340x460px) Image search: [Google]
1470152001908.jpg
36KB, 340x460px
>>160112725
The minimum acceptable grade here is G25 100% winrate on all champions. I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave.
>>
>>160112725
Grade really doesn't matter, since 3s and 2s share a rating, especially when there's also no separate rating for premade teams and solo queue.

Just focus on getting better and don't think some arbitrary number assigned to you is an indication of your actual talent as a player.
>>
>>160111473
>30s-45s
So less than a minute?

when someone said 3v3 was dead I was expecting +5min of waiting or something.
>>
File: 1464409428855.jpg (183KB, 1484x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1464409428855.jpg
183KB, 1484x1484px
>there are people on reddit who seriously think jumong is fine
>>
>>160113214
it really depends

The other day, I was queuing up for ranked 3v3 at roughly 1 am EST on a weekday, and I was queuing up as ranged (the most popular role). It took me roughly 4 minutes or so to find a game. But if I queue as support for standard (i.e. unranked) 2v2 or 3v3 (i.e. willing to play in either one) at peak hours, it literally takes less than 5 seconds to find a game.
>>
>>160111175
2v2 is a couple of seconds, sometimes less than 10.

3v3 can be over 10 minutes.
>>
>>160113280
>2v2 fags think 2v2 is fine
>>
>>160113280
Jumong is fine in 3's. Again, 2's does not work for this game. It never will. The moment you try to balance and adjust the game for 2's, it will be nothing like bloodline champions.
Literally everyone bitching about Jumong is a 2's fag.
>>
>>160119029
He's still a bit overpowered in 3s, he's not completely oppressive 'why pick anyone else' status, but then again one of the biggest problem with 2s is that it just makes the strong characters stronger and the weak characters that much weaker.
>>
File: 1438871882166.png (48KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1438871882166.png
48KB, 627x620px
>>160119029
Except 2s is what draws casuals in, and is what has the most staying power among new players

Regardless of if 3s is better, more players are going to play 2s, and if you expect the game to grow big enough that 3s can be a solid and populous game mode, you can't have a champion that fucking breaks the queue that all of your new players are going to try and play
>>
File: battlerite issues.png (43KB, 917x671px) Image search: [Google]
battlerite issues.png
43KB, 917x671px
>>160120447
not him, but the game shouldn't be balanced around the least skilled, least experienced, least dedicated players.
pic related, it sums up all past, present, and future problems ahead.

I don't think ranked 2v2 should even be a thing, because then these new players will think, "oh 2v2 is the main mode of BR," which is untrue.
The game was fundamentally made around 3v3, and somewhat balanced around 3v3. New players like 2v2 because it's forgiving.

I don't have an issue with that. But ranked matchmaking is for people who care about winning, and trying their hardest, and want a fair, balanced experience. 2v2 can NEVER offer that, you hear me? NEVER. Yet, the new players like the game, then they say "oh hey let me try out ranked and see how good I am," and then they see what an unbalanced piece of garbage that mode really is.
>>
File: sendhelp.png (232KB, 451x407px) Image search: [Google]
sendhelp.png
232KB, 451x407px
>>160121750
The issue is that those are the players that are going to make the most money for SLS, so of course they're going to cater to them, and that's going to include certain balance changes

Pulling numbers out of my ass, but if 90% of the playerbase (which is reasonably evidenced by both the queues and which streams are popular) prefer 2s, then the 10% of players that strongly prefer 3s aren't going to sustain the game. They aren't even going to come close. The whole shitshow in League is that despite being able to play normals with friends, babby modes wanted to be able to fuck around in ranked with their work buddies despite having a perfectly good queue made just for them.

Despite the fact that 2s players could easily play unranked 2s, they're going to complain and SLS's revenue is going to be impacted if that queue is broken and unenjoyable, especially if the option is removed. They can't ignore balancing that mode or it will effect the long term survivability of the game. It's a lot easier to convince a single buddy to come play BR with you than it is to convince several, and that's going to appeal to newer players, but only if the game remains enjoyable
>>
w-what if i wanna play with anons instead of complaining about the game non-stop?
>>
>>160124143
you could join the discord i guess, though it's not exactly lively

there's a leddit discord that has more people, but expect it to be a safe space before you step in
>>
Yo, played this game yesterday at a friend's place and found it pretty fun. I stomped shit with Shifu and Ezmo.

Thinking on buying it when I get my paycheck, until then is BLC a decent replacement?
>>
>>160124837
If you like playing against bots, sure
real people no
>>
Can you still change your text color in chat by using the bracket codes or w/e?
>>
Nerf Jumongs M1s. This is fucking retarded. Cant dodge it, cant trade with him. He just iframes all day and then shoots Black Arrow while fucking dodging and deals over 30dmg from EVADING an attack. Fuck this mongoloid character. At least Iva will hardly ever hit all her bullets unless shes melee range, but this aids character always gets 16, with every fucking shot he makes.
>>
>>160119029
>Jumong is fine in 3's.
No he isnt. Get the fuck out of this general Verosk you FOTM picking piece of shit and stop pushing this goddamn agenda that every char you play in balanced or even underpowered. His entire design makes no fucking sense. You evade something, deal damage and dont even give up positional advantage for it. That is by the dumbest skill design I have ever seen. There is literally no risk reward to that ability and you can just trade and trade and trade by spamming m1. People who unironically argue that the character NEEDS to spam all his outs so that he can deal damage and win trades are fucking retarded.
>>
>>160125471
>>160125223
git gud
>>
File: stopped reading there.jpg (14KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
stopped reading there.jpg
14KB, 250x272px
>>160121750
>2v2 is more forgiving when there is 1 people to pick up slack if you fuck up
>>
anyone use synergy for varesh? the benefits seems pretty good but using shatter gets rid of the debuff so it seems iffy
>>
>>160121750
>community split
No one plays 3s. The community isnt being split yet. People are playing 2s or quit the game. There is no 3s meta, there are no actual 3s teams. 3s, in the games current state, is a dead bracket because no one bothers with it.
>>
>>160128484
synergy is like one of his best brites, it lets you refresh judgement with m1
>>
>>160125471
I'm don't have access to the tester discord, so I can't be whoever he is.

Jumong isn't nearly as much of an issue in 3v3 simply because mobility isn't as strong. Even if he side steps, his two teammates are still stuck there.
2v2, Jumong can just kite over and over, but in 3v3 kiting itself is just not as useful, and thus Jumong is much easier to beat.

2v2 is entirely, and I mean ENTIRELY, focused around running away and making your opponent waste abilities. i-frames, counters, and whatever bullshit you want to just run away when your opponent does something. And because no one is going to waste their abilities, Jumong can out range everyone, and he also has high damage. so of course he's going to do well, but none of that shit matters in the actually BLC mode, 3v3.

>>160128480
It is forgiving. Diving someone without your teammates or leaving your teammates alone does not punish you. It simply doesn't.
I'm not worried about my sirius, ever, who can just run away, use petrify, and counter if he needs to. messing up the basics of BLC/BR doesn't penalize you in 2v2, stop pretending like it does.

>>160129339
Anyone remotely skilled and experienced with the game has, as you've said, stopped playing.
And now we have a bunch of 2v2 fags who are angry when the game is shit at a more competitive, skilled level.
>>
Game is a casual game and obviously being made as such. If you give a shit about the game being "hardcore" and skill based then you're not the target audience. Go check out a fighting game but I guess then you'd actually have to work towards gitting gud.
>>
>>160132529
if you don't care about playing the game and doing well at it, go play minecraft or something.
>>
>>160132529
>>160133193
like I honestly cannot understand this autism

what is the point of having multiple battlerite choices if they're meaningless? The whole benefit to having a choice is removed if your choices are great/garbage/garbage
>>
>>160132529
>go check out a fighting game
>SFV not being THE CASUAL GAME in existence
>>
>>160133509
If it's not deep enough(Let's not kid ourselves, you're playing MOBAs) for you then pick a more complex one? Not my fault it's the only one you know the name of.
>>
>>160133780
i like how the people who don't win are the ones who proclaim what takes skill and what doesn't.

shitters don't get to talk.
>>
>>160133912
What takes skill:
Not this game
What doesnt take skill:
This game

not hard to figure out even if you're a super smart pro mobagamer.
>>
>>160134121
lol, keep telling yourself that as you play standard 2v2

you don't win against the winners, so no one takes your opinion seriously.

again, go play minecraft, it's an award winning game made for children just like you
>>
anyone watching the 3's tourney?
>>
>>160134217
Must be easy to win in a queue that gets a single match every 10 minutes.
>>
>>160133780
Fighting games are a shit example unless you wanna play a dead game because SFV is the exact opposite of a deep and enthralling game.
>>
>>160133351
The point of the battlerite system is solely so they can add a checkmark next to the word "progression" on their list of marketing points that their shareholders want.

If it was actually about builds and reactive strategies then we would have a pool and choose 5 per round.

As it is now it just makes you play a gimped version of a character for 3-4 rounds with no possibility for changing your build based on your opponents because half the battlerites require a previous one to really be worthwhile. And even then the battlerites provided don't drastically change your game plan so the change in strategy is minimal at best.
>>
>>160134342
shitters don't get to talk.

>>160134481
I mean you're right, but I'm still going to advocate fixes
>>
>>160134843
Shitters dont get to talk, but pros dont get to play? IDK sounds like you're still not the target market.
>>
>>160135072
>not the target market

nice shifting of the goalposts. You're a trash player so you fallback on saying, "well at least SLS listens to whiny faggots like me!!"
>>
>>160135269
>nice shifting of the goalposts
How's it shifting the goal posts when it was literally what I said in my first post

PRO-BATTLERITE READING COMPREHENSION
>>
>>160135485
keep shifting, shitter.
>>
>>160135525
im replying last to ensure i won
>>
>>160135636
won what? you make excuses for yourself why you suck at the game, and then complain when others want the game to be better.

thats all there is to it.
>>
>>160135714
im doing it again
>>
Hows the population of BR? Will it ever go ftp like other mobas?
>>
>>160136197
Yeah it's going f2p start of next year
>>
>>160133509
>>160134464
>what is smash bros melee
there's no other choice if you want a challenging fighting game where skill > mechanics
>>
>>160140023
>what is smash bros melee
Not a fighting game.
>>
>>160140126
elaborate
>>
File: avatar.jpg (24KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
24KB, 480x309px
Why is Jade still fucking broken? Using any ability should make her visible, and some cooldowns need increased. She has too good of a kit for such short CDs
>>
File: 1411762760786.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1411762760786.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>160146221
>jade broken
>avatar.jpg

if you can link your masterbattlerite and prove you're g13+ i'll buy you the fan pack of the game
>>
BR is fun, but also really shallow.

The basic arena brawler formula stunlock has is good and polished, but you essentially do the same thing over and over again until you get bored. Doesn't help that the maps are all the same either.

Regardless if they balance around 2s or 3s, I don't see people sticking around too much simply because they'll just get bored of the formulaic matches.

At higher tiers it all comes down to learning how to hit/not hit counters and controlling mid. You get a friend and you're able to do the most basic skill combos on people who get baited out of their escape abilities and invulnerability frames and you win.
>>
>>160148318
the game is only as hard as your opponent. If you want a more interesting experience, then play against better players.
>>
>>160148318
Big problem is just how similar the cast feels. Look at fucking Ezmo. Every single ability in his kit is something that already exists in the game, there's really no reason for the character to exist at all. They came close with the 'tether' functionality of his ult, but then decided to make it so weak it might as well not exist and just be ANOTHER 'big aoe damage' ult. People bitch about Jumong being strong, but again the only thing remotely unique he has is his trap ability.

Every character is just so boring and plain. No one has exciting, powerful abilities. Even most of the ults are intentionally lackluster and weak as fuck. It just creates a game where the skill ceiling is low and the high point of a match is pressing space when the enemy tries to m2 you. There are just no tricks or advanced techniques to be had because of everyone's simplistic moveset.
>>
>>160149997
>There are just no tricks or advanced techniques to be had because of everyone's simplistic moveset

Well, coming off from BLC I can tell you they purposefully made it more simplistic. This was because really good players were able to do some insane things with their toolsets (harb was a notorious pugstomper), and since the game was free to play (even in beta), you could make unlimited smurfs to gank up on newbie players and stomp characters 3v1 no problem. This took a big fat shit on the community post-release where the learning curve became a cliff since matchmaking was lols. It was also much hard to balance.

Psychopomp in particular was a total fucking piece of shit to fight against. Picture Poloma's M2 that could be cast on both allies and enemies. Where it doubled as a survivability tool and CC. Most abilities aside from basic auto attacks had dual functions. And even auto-attacks had some hidden mechanics: BLC had positional damage where if your opponent had its back away from you, you'd deal bonus damage.
>>
File: 1405904628273.gif (51KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1405904628273.gif
51KB, 500x376px
>>160148318
yeah >>160149997 is pretty much right. yes, sure you do the same thing over and over but that isn't an issue if you're always having fun while doing it. as much as people like to say they "hate" playing dota or cs:go or lol or overwatch or tf2 or whatever other pvp competitive game, they actually wouldn't keep playing it if they didn't genuinely enjoy it for some game mechanics to keep coming back to.

battlerite just doesn't since every character can be learned in a couple hours and the rest of the time spent with that character is just learning matchups, like when to use ability X when a particular champion uses their ability Y. there's no advanced knowledge to gain, there's no intricate mechanics, there's really not much outplay potential, everyone plays the same with identical shields or consumes or counters.

kinda feels like battlerite is just a stepping stone to something greater some day. eventually someone will be inspired by battlerite to make an arena game that's appealing to casuals in art style and characters, but deep and complex enough for a rich and fulfilling competitive scene. i hope
>>
already got 32 keys
should I get more?
>>
>>160151241
CS also has a gambling minigame and map variety that actually has a different set of objectives and shit to do.

I remember playing a decade ago and having custom maps, bomb defusal, hostage rescues, etc.

BR is just one game mode all day every day
>>
File: 1469933878987.jpg (89KB, 1242x820px) Image search: [Google]
1469933878987.jpg
89KB, 1242x820px
>>160151314
yes
i want to watch reddit cry
>>
>>160151431
well yeah 1.6 and even source had that, and it was awesome

gambling in cs:go doesn't change gameplay in any way, and i wouldn't be shocked if gungame or demolition were <5% of the population. deathmatch is an okay change of pace, and i doubt many people play hostage maps either. having actual variety in de_ maps is great though.

can't really replicate that in battlerite though because of the mirrored effect, or the reliance on mid orb. i will say though that BR would benefit from a deathmatch mode because it's still the core arena experience while being casual and having even less downtime than usual. problem is splitting the userbase even further between unranked and ranked, 2s, 3s, DM. and for those reasons, they shouldn't bother remaking the CTF and CP modes from BLC.
>>
File: top10.jpg (262KB, 1363x917px) Image search: [Google]
top10.jpg
262KB, 1363x917px
we're gonna make it lads
>>
>>160154331
sorry bud, nobody cares about those numbers untill they're constant
>>
>>160154331
Only time this happens is when someone like doublelift or whatever or eceleb plays it
Otherwise it's sub 1k and I've seen it as low as 200
>>
>>160148318
>BR is fun, but also really shallow.
To make that kind of assumption you have to be at least g13
I doubt you even g11
fuck off
>>
>>160155397
Makes sense, to get top ranks like that you probably do have to be deluded enough to think this game has any lasting depth.
>>
>>160140838
It's a versus brawler.
>>
>>160134464
I totally believe you know things about fighting games. Especially since you think SFV is the only one alive.
>>
>>160154331
If you had actually clicked the game you would have realized that it was only because of sodapoppin. And he's been paid to play the game for a few days at most.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1169x661px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1169x661px
>>160160302
>>
any high level varesh streamers?
>>
File: ourguy.jpg (46KB, 387x425px) Image search: [Google]
ourguy.jpg
46KB, 387x425px
>>160161002
Joltzie mained Varesh for a long time
ask him in chat to play him when he will be online (prob today)
>>
d e d
>>
So, basically
next patch gonna add some shit like separate ranks
but won't fix the MMR system itself
holy shit this game is doomed
>>
hahah holy shit i never would have imagined that this fucking thread would be so dead
>>
who p e a r l here?
>>
>unironically buffing Croak
Who runs this games balance department? Teldo?
>>
File: 1478668306533.gif (3MB, 541x304px) Image search: [Google]
1478668306533.gif
3MB, 541x304px
>it's another "jumong main thinks his champ is balanced" episode
>>
everything is ok
>>
How do I Varesh?
>>
>>160185058
work on your positioning
your ult shits out damage
if nobody is paying attention to you smash dat m2 button nigga
>>
>>160185058
hope that your teammates prevent you from being rushed and your enemies aren't smart enough to rush you

land your debuffs into shatter to out-trade people

really think about where you'll end up if someone hits your counter

the only composition he works in is a slow poke composition that still has decent burst where people will be hesitant to move in but you'll still trade better than anyone else at range, you still probably can't pull that off on maps where people don't have to run straight at you
>>
Damn, I'm kind of sad Ruh Kaan doesn't have Harbinger's immaterial form.
It would be broken as fuck, but still.
>>
File: 1404753877539.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1404753877539.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
literally dead

played against the same guy all morning because there is no one in the entire US that's near my grade queueing

even added him to see how long it takes him to find a game if i don't queue and he literally can't, he sat in queue for almost 10 minutes before i gave up and queued into him again

god damn it
>>
>>160189131
it's fucking mid-day on a monday, what do you expect? that everyone is a NEET like you, and that all of them would be playing battlerite?
>>
>>160190156
>everyone's an americlap because I am

what did he mean by this
>>
>>160190579
>>160189131
>there is no one in the entire US

gee i wonder
>>
>>160182261
He's one of the players they listen to, so yeah.
>>
does anybody have a spare razer mount key?
missed out on the giveaway because i was at work and id really appreciate one
>>
>>160191178
give me your steam id
>>
>>160191516
id/mevva
i hope that you are a nice person, not a clever ruseman trying to trick me
>>
>>160191589
just sent you a friend request
>>
File: 1473307096572.png (112KB, 359x393px) Image search: [Google]
1473307096572.png
112KB, 359x393px
>>160191589
>poland
>>
>>160191864
woah, expected a 'sent ;)', got 2 mounts
you're a cool guy

>>160192180
feels poor man
>>
File: 1467766164302.png (23KB, 307x259px) Image search: [Google]
1467766164302.png
23KB, 307x259px
Post your masterbattlerites please
>>
So what are the chances of this game doing well or at least not dying after being released?
>>
>>160195312
who is this
>>
>>160197651
Will probably hover at around 5k concurrent players for a year or so and then quickly taper off.
>>
>>160197651

I think if they rework the MMR system so that you feel like you're progressing even if you aren't, then it will have a decent sized following. Not LoL big, but I think it'll carve out its own space and have a healthy enough community.

Most people that quit right now have quit because the MMR system requires godlike win streaks to rank up. 12 wins shouldn't be negated by 1 loss. They gotta drop Trueskill.
>>
>>160197836
no one
>>
>>160198074
Since they haven't outright said they're dropping trueskill they probably won't. The only way you can go 12-1 and lose ranking is if you lose to players way worse than you and every win is free. Nearly everyone complaining about the ranking system is a g9/10 player playing where they belong and complaining that they have to actually learn the game to get to g11
>>
>>160199317
Yes, I'm aware how it works. What I'm saying is that in order to keep the casual players that the game needs to thrive, then they need to give the illusion of progression,even if there is none. Additionally, they could double the amount of grades so that you rank up every 250 points instead of every 500. The 500 point climb to the next grade is a huge psychological demotivator when you're earning points in the single digits.

Another thing they need to do is add rating decay so the top rank players can't sit on their rank and will actually have to play against each other. If you look at the top players, most have 60-70% winrate, which means that they aren't actually playing against each other often enough. Introducing rating decay will fill the queue with more high rank players and force them to fight against each other rather than queueing them against lower grades after the matchmaking system gives up.
>>
>>160200405
Most of the people sitting at high 13 upwards only play 2v2 in a duoqueue and since the system doesn't want people to sit in queue too long it will match solos or people at lower rating vs. them rather than wait for a duoqueue. Most of the people abusing the 2v2 system will probably quit if this exploit is removed, so 2v2 ranked might as well be removed sooner rather than later.
>>
>>160201228
>the people abusing the 2v2 system will probably quit if this exploit is removed, so 2v2 ranked might as well be removed sooner rather than later

I'm okay with this.
>>
5v5 when
>>
>nobody online out of 50 friends

games dead, pack it up, RIP BLC
>>
>>160205745
5v5 was a clusterfuck

3v3 is the perfect game mode
>>
>>160205959
ah now come on now
don't be so reactionary friendo
>>
>>160206470
BLC didn't succeed because it was too hard :^)
>>
>People I've seen ingame so far have been friendly
So Im guessing that will no longer be the case after it gets released
>>
>>160209308
You're not the right grade, all the retards are in 11-12.
>>
>>160209442
>all the retards are in 11-12.

I'm a retard in grade 11 and I can confirm that my bracket is full of cunts.
>>
>>160209442
Oh, I started playing today so i've only played casual.
Cunts must be in ranked then.
>>
>sirius ults 4 times a round
every fucking time, why does that fucker charge his ult so quickly, so fucking obnoxious
>>
>>160210884
massive energy gain on his abilities and a battlerite that gives him back all healing charges

if it makes you feel any better he still sucks even after all his buffs and he'll be unplayable once enough people learn to play
>>
>>160211051
>once enough people learn to play
So never then
>>
>>160210884
Because People play him siriusly well.
>>
File: blc.jpg (106KB, 817x442px) Image search: [Google]
blc.jpg
106KB, 817x442px
>>160206868
http://www.redbull.com/en/esports/stories/1331828427516/battlerite-esports-interview
can you believe that thats an actual reason they dumbed down the game? shits crazy
>>
>>160214283
In your opinión, what was the cause of blc's death?
When I first started playing it, ir was already near dead so I wouldnt know.
>>
>>160215119
not him but I played tons of blc from beta onwards to the patch that basically added league grinding for stats and then mostly quit only returning briefly for steam release

I'd say the biggest thing that killed it was just lack of marketing, funcom did zero to market the game and nobody knew it existed, league wasn't even all that large yet so tons of the autists complaining about how X game isn't league weren't even playing multiplayer games and BLC probably could have been decent sized if it had scooped some of those new players
>>
>>160199317
So, trueskill will be there at release too?
Then game is officially has no future
>>
im so mad blc never released oce servers
>>
File: fsqqwe.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fsqqwe.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>160216221
>>
>>160214283
christ, yeah the game really will fail in the long run then
>having a hardcore, high skill ceiling = interesting game
>people couldn't get into it because of that

or because the art direction and particle effects made everything fucking impossible to discern for new players in the burgeoning cartoonish WoW/LoL-style graphics era
seriously why is it so hard for game devs to recognize what the fuck they're doing wrong? why do they refuse to listen to anyone except peers in their company? how can people this oblivious even make it into game dev jobs?
who am i kidding, these types of idiots occupy every job on the planet
>>
if stunlock wasnt a Swedish company would battlerite be good?
>>
>>160215438
Now that you mention it, I remember telling People about the game and no one knowing it.

I personally dont mundo if there are dull champions for the retards as long as there are also complicated and fun ones too. [Spoiler]Just, please dont fuck up thorn like you fucked glutton[/spoiler]
>>
File: mybbb.jpg (182KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mybbb.jpg
182KB, 900x900px
>love the game
>devs ruin it with updates/lack of updates
>retards still buying it
i cry evry timr
>>
File: nnnnn.jpg (14KB, 370x83px) Image search: [Google]
nnnnn.jpg
14KB, 370x83px
>>
People saying f2p will save this game are deluding themselves;

if it can't even keep people that were enthusiastic about it around it certainly won't keep people who are just trying it because it's free
>>
File: pals.jpg (105KB, 755x592px) Image search: [Google]
pals.jpg
105KB, 755x592px
>>
>>160221193
nobody wants to play because the matchmaking sucks, and the balance for 2v2 sucks

The solution would just have a +/- 25 mmr for ranked, 3v3 being the only mode
>>
File: ayy.jpg (28KB, 328x201px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
28KB, 328x201px
>>160221391
>>
>>160221391
>>160221718
paladins comes from a relatively popular game dev (tho known for being awful at prolonged support), had tons of meme videos made about it, and is a shameless f2p rip off of overwatch which is a far more popular game than battlerite ever will be
so it's not really surprising
>>
>>160225270
i mean playerbase is relatively small if you consider how many people tried it
it's still 10 times bigger than BR's
>>
>create a game that makes it impossible to carry
>match g14 with g11 against two g13s
>make the g14 player lose 12 point for a loss because he clearly was expected to win
No idea who designed this paradox. They create a game in which you can not carry and then punish you for shit teams because, well, you should have been able to win though no matter what team mate you got.
>>
>>160225556
Apparently, they only will add separate ranks in next patch
no word about changing the MMR system
>>
File: cantwakeup.png (8KB, 616x61px) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.png
8KB, 616x61px
are you ready for the next big esport :^)
>>
File: ppke.gif (1021KB, 216x180px) Image search: [Google]
ppke.gif
1021KB, 216x180px
>>160227905
>>
>>160227905
Best part is the one at the bottom. We can keep up with other titles or something like that.

Also:
>hard to master
Cant think of a single competitive game that has a smaller gap between the top and the average player.
>>
>>160228158
calling it a gap is reddit tier delusional desu famalam
>>
File: 1465972765453.png (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465972765453.png
109KB, 500x500px
i just love getting queued into people 2 ranks lower than i am while i get a balanced team

really like these mmr pitfalls here sls
>>
Ok, please bear in mind that is not an elitist troll question but I really wonder what other people think. All my accounts are g14 with ratings ranging from 4600 to 5000ish, I hardly even stack at this point but mostly solo. Does anyone else have the feeling that this game is beyond saving?

They created a more casual environment with gigantic hitboxes and hurtboxes so that dodging becomes borderline impossible while making the player depend on iframes way too much. At the same time the MMR system creates a paradox by punishing high rated players for losing with low rates team mates even though the game specifically going for a more casualized environment which means that team compositions are more important than they were in BLC. Character skill sets are generic as hell, balance is alright I guess (there are some exceptions to this but technically speaking there is no char that is utterly worthless so thats an upside I assume), however they still havent made up their mind about the games competitive bracket. There is so much shit going wrong, and so little feedback from SLS, that I have a really, really, really hard time believing that this game is ever gonna end up being successful. There is almost so much shit they scrapped from BLC that its mind blowing to me how this game is supposed to be a spiritual successor. A successor with 20% of the base games features?

Call me crazy but I am convinced that this excuse for a competitive game wont get anywhere. Am I the only one who feels like this?
>>
>>160229852
I completely agree
t. g10 pro who never played blc
>>
File: 1478759327755.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478759327755.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>160201228
>tfw you have a duo queue account and a solo account
>tfw they're both identical MMR

feels abstract man

I honestly just like playing with a friend when I can and seeing how high I can climb when I can't. I'd play 3s if I could ever get enough people, but it's too much of a shitshow with the lack of people right now.
>>
File: 1475725081514.png (231KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
1475725081514.png
231KB, 500x587px
>>160226167
>separate ranks

What does this even fucking mean? Separate ranks per champion? Per queue? Is it separating solo and duo and trio queue ratings from each other?

It fucking means nothing without explanation and yet people bring it up constantly, jesus christ
>>
File: 1457847817319.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457847817319.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>160225556
An extremely skilled character can carry someone at a lower rank, but the higher you go the less viable it becomes

A G13 could 1v3 a group of G6's, but a G14 is going to have a pretty hard time 1v2ing G13's that are reasonably competent

I just embraced the scum and duo with someone now, because the game ceases to be fun when it's imbalanced 9 times out of 10 against you
>>
>>160230907
how is that uncertainty changing anything about absence of news of MM and MMR systems rework ?
>>
>>160229852
I didn't play BLC on a high level and i had my fun with this game
But MM killed it for me
>>
>>160229852
I have my doubts. I'm middling G13, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's hard to see it taking off. It has to be popular enough among the casual players that will make the financial backbone of the game while also having enough staying power that a subset of players will want to tryhard and compete, and if the game is broken after a certain tier that won't happen.

A good example is the numbers that a game like League pulls during any real competition. Despite most of the playerbase being in Silver, top end competition pulls hundreds of thousands of viewers on a regular basis. If League broke down past Diamond, a rank that doesn't effect 98% of the population, that wouldn't happen. No one would compete, no one would draw crowds, and thus the playerbase has less interest in the game and more importantly less interest in buying the cosmetic shit that keeps the game afloat.

It's possible SLS gets their shit turned around. I'd give it until the December patch, or at best early 2017 to decide. If there's still no commentary, no feedback from devs, and blatantly poor decision making on both balancing and format decisions, then it's probably going to die.

I remain hopeful, but I'm not optimistic.
>>
>>160231257
What are you talking about? That's my point, no one knows fucking anything about what "separate ranks" mean but it's the cornerstone of the MM update in the December patch. It's the single biggest thing that will make or break the game and the devs just say cryptic shit about it.
>>
>>160231050
>but a G14 is going to have a pretty hard time 1v2ing G13's that are reasonably
The problem is that in this game the g14 cant even 1v2 the g12s. Why? Because in BLC your ability was judged by dodging and aiming. Iframes were just the cherry on top and part of cooldown management. In this game? You rely on iframes and you can not dodge half the shit in this game, which makes it impossible to carry because your ability to survive exclusively depends on the amount of iframes you have to dodge shit.
>>
This game is on the path to PINNED: Servers closed. Just like magicka wizard wars. They tried charging money for it, now it's going f2p, people don't like this kind of shit.
>>
File: why.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>160229852
>>160231426
why is it in a game where everything is a skillshot the only way to dodge is with abilitys?
>>
>>160232189
Because thats what the figured was the thing casuals wanted most.
>>
>>160231426
people still buying chests and game
that's probably all they care about
no red flags for them
>>
>>160230907
>>160231559
per queue you dumbtard. having seperate MM ranks per champion would be fucking stupid and ruin the game beyond any doubt
>>
>>160231953
that's not why m:ww died and it's also not why battlerite will die
>>
>>160234693
>[citation needed]
>>
>do a soft reset in next patch
>still have to play with this shit matchmaking
at this point i don't even care anymore
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 408x208px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 408x208px
>>160235376
>at this point i don't even care anymore
Me neither desu. I did a fuckton of grinding to hit g13 then haven't even opened the game since and don't plan on it for at least a couple months. Maybe things will be better then

Of course they won't be, SLS is incompetent
>>
File: 1416344920665.gif (2MB, 250x142px) Image search: [Google]
1416344920665.gif
2MB, 250x142px
>>160240419
>tfw the only thing that keeps you playing is an autistic drive to solo queue to g14

I've hit 4470 twice and then dropped, I'm pretty sure I'm mentally incompetent to keep thinking it's going to be different the next time
>>
Stop caring about MMR. Like, most of the top100 doesnt even play anymore. There are so many accounts that have gotten their rating from Alpha and not touched the game since then its mindblowing.
>>
>expected this game to give me joy for years
>they already fucked it up
Dont know what I expected...
>>
File: 1455716157347.jpg (233KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1455716157347.jpg
233KB, 1280x1280px
anyone else feel like the movement speed is far too slow?

makes the game play like you're stuck in mud and the lack of ability to juke attacks is kinda limiting.
>>
when is this going f2p
>>
>>160231426
it already made all its money back on early access sales and people occasionally buy chests, there is zero reason for them to make any real changes in their minds
>>
>>160245042
yes stunlock are subhuman retards appealing to monkeys
>>
>>160245067
never its dead before that
>>
>>160246096
>dead
doubt it, most of the EA players just not gonna play it anymore
SLS won't be bothered by that at this point
they will have a whole F2P crowd to satisfy with chests and shit
>>
>>160245869
That wasn't the response I was fishing for, but noted.
>>
File: 1464431570090.jpg (71KB, 599x571px) Image search: [Google]
1464431570090.jpg
71KB, 599x571px
rook players have to be the dumbest sack of shits on the planet

every time i get queued into one that just feeds energy before orb has spawned i just know it's an automatic loss
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.