[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Game is officially died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 2573607-lazarus2.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2573607-lazarus2.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/our-final-message-to-our-evolve-community/106117/159

>>https://blog.2k.com/news/evolve-stage-2-development-complete

Guess we all saw that coming
>>
Lazarus just stopped caring anymore. no more rezs
>>
We all saw it coming when TRS didnt fucking wait for valve or THQ, instead they tried to quick buck it.
2k dindu nuffin.
>>
>>158431286
Bump
>>
bumpity
>>
what gaem?
>>
File: bobcicle.jpg (403KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bobcicle.jpg
403KB, 1920x1080px
what a shame.
>>
They should've had the microtransactions in faster. When the game went F2P it should've been the up right away. Instead they got a big influx of players who were interested but no actual option to buy currency at that time. A ton of people just went and bought cheap game codes from key resellers and got the retail packages to quickly unlock characters, and none of that money went to the devs.
>>
Is this a surprise to anyone?

I bet they blame pirates. As if piracy is what caused them to slap a 60$ price tag on a poorly optimized snorefest with micro-transactions.

Dead by Daylight took the concept, made it 100X better by making it about escaping the monster instead of fighting it and did it with an infinitesimal fraction of the budget while only pricing it at 15 bucks.
>>
File: Evolve 2015-01-18_00025.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Evolve 2015-01-18_00025.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
Literally the best thing that's ever happened to this game.

The current TRS team is braindead retarded with their lazy ai game modes and horrible balancing ideas, all things not focused on what made Evolve good and popular among its niche market: its competitive play.

Hardly any of the original Evolve crew were even around when Stage 2 went live, replaced by manic panic poisoned brains straight off of DeviantArt. No one should be surprised this game is dead.

The only way Evolve can be brought back is if a PROPER balancing team was put on the project and the focus was shifted back onto competitive multiplayer, the very fucking core of this game, not this pve ai bullshit that you play two times and get bored with.

Good riddance, TRS. You just made one bad decision after another.

Here's to hoping 2k can somehow salvage Evolve but knowing 2k, that's not happening. RIP in pieces Evolve, good night sweet prince.

Have a sneaky screen from the Big Alpha. Been playing since then.
>>
>>158448512
I just wanted more lore.
>>
>>158450175
Never ever
>>
File: allabesmatters.png (30KB, 502x292px) Image search: [Google]
allabesmatters.png
30KB, 502x292px
>>158450175
oh the writer is doing a huge lore dump on the final stream they're doing.
>>
File: 1468464024243.jpg (115KB, 504x756px) Image search: [Google]
1468464024243.jpg
115KB, 504x756px
>>158455414
Please don't let the thread die, the game is already dead, I don't want to lose the thread as well.
>>
Since the game is never going to be updated again can we have a final tier list?
>>
>>158425806

Is there a link to the past thread? I want to taste the tears.
>>
>>158460349
foe monster I'd go (from best to worst)
bob, elder kraken
kraken, gorgon
moliath, wraith, goliath

and glacial bob idk, havent played him against real people enough.
>>
>>158464526

ice bob is probably on the weak side, he's still big and slow but lacking the confinement tools of original bob

the passive isn't that helpful against good hunter teams too
>>
Good. One of the most boring games I have ever played. Funny to see it fail even as a free to play game.
>>
>>158466597
true, I just realized that in their last moments trs may have realised how op bob was and tried to make a more balanced replacement for him
>>
>>158467395
problem is ice bob is even more dependant on caves than original bob cause of how ice spike and monolith work

he's fun to play but feels a bit gimped compared to other monsters against competent teams
>>
calling him bob is sort of dumb. Glacial should be renamed to frostbite.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.