[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swgg/ Star Wars Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 1280px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (63KB, 1280x773px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
63KB, 1280x773px
New Trailer Not Enough to Make Us Care Ediiton

/swgg/ is not your personal tech/customer support forum. Google search before posting.

>For General SWTOR info and finding people to play with:
http://pastebin.com/Cp37vLab (embed)

Referral system is broken, ask politely in thread if you need a link.

>How do I setup Battlefront II?
http://pastebin.com/fsYU4BUC (embed)

/swgg/ Guilds
Legio XVI Coruscantia - Tomb of Freedon Nadd (Imperial)

>SWGEMU
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

KOTET Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0
>>
>>156798008
http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/
>>
File: swtor-kotet-cast-of-characters.jpg (88KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
swtor-kotet-cast-of-characters.jpg
88KB, 1024x554px
Oh boy, Thexan's back.
>>
level 70......great so whats the point in buying mor mods for 65...ugh 100k here we come.
>>
Anyone giving away credits?
>>
Given that there are only nine chapter this time, what are the chances that they've given more thought into each chapter and will have a better season overall?
>>
File: 1442019828696.jpg (358KB, 1673x1037px)
1442019828696.jpg
358KB, 1673x1037px
Been away for quite a while. Any of the later chapters turn out to be any decent?
>>
>>156801652
No. Most of it is filler
>>
File: 1452670819446.jpg (469KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452670819446.jpg
469KB, 1920x1080px
>>156802945
Damn, guess it's time to wait and see how this next part turns out then before subbing.
>>
>>156804056
Really, the only chapters to really play are the first couple until you get to Odessen, the force chapter, and then the last chapter
The rest is just filler to draw it out
>>
>>156805059
Figured as much. Are there still a bunch of companions that are gone or have a decent amount become recruitable again?
>>
>>156805432
There's like, two from each class. Half of the one's you recruit in side missions.
>>
Tattoos on Vaylin, yes/no?
>>
>>156805432
There' only some that are relevant to the story
The rest are side missions
Either way, no class has all their companions back
>>
>>156798008
Star Wars The Old Republic Knights of The Eternal Electric Boogalo 2™

Just fuck my shit up senpai. Republic and Empire are no more, soon you will be the emperor of everything.
I just want class stories back.

Inb4 more ancient evil teased in star fortresses
>>
>PLaying TOR
There's nothing to do in TOR after you finish the class story and SoR/RotHC other from making credits
>>
File: 1446418142891.webm (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446418142891.webm
268KB, 1280x720px
>>156806987
Yes but I just like tattoos
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 500x266px
>Playing Force Unleashed for the first time
>Tutorial stage
>Darth Fucking Vader slaughtering Wookies on Kashyyyk
>Even when fully held forward Varder's movement is no more than a brisk walk
>Imperial theme blaring
>These force powers feeling so fucking good to use

Holy shit this game is having a fantastic start.
How if at all do they manage to shit it up?
>>
>>156810176
Power levels. That or not just making a Darth Vader game. Seriously, they should have just made a Darth Vader game.
>>
Back from the dead I see /swgg/
>>
>>156812161
Not for long. There was a thread a week or two ago that lasted 10 posts
>>
Oh. Should probably mention
There's a double XP event going on until the expansion, which is some time in December
So now you too can max out characters! Again
And then do fuck all afterwards because there's nothing else to do but make credits to buy shit off the GTN
>>
File: 1459132317138.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459132317138.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
>>156813390
Now that's tempting
>>
>>156813495
Only raisin I'm playing again now
That and in case anyone's giving away credits
>>
>>156813390
Man, it feels like they really drove away a lot of mmo fans with the lack of endgame content. After KOTFE released what was there to do anyway? Star Fortresses, heroics, and old ops.
And now they're coming out with more single player content and not much new endgame stuff (?) ensuring a lack of longevity. Is the only thing keeping the game going at this point cartel market shit?
>>
>>156813863
>Is the only thing keeping the game going at this point cartel market shit?
Pretty much. That and people subbing for KotFE/KotET/not wanting to deal with F2P bullshit
And even then it's not entierly worth it. There's just nothing to do but Heroics, SF, and old Ops
KotFE is not replayable unless you boot up a new character (Which apparently KotET IS replayable if the "difficulty" thing is any indication), SF are the same shit, no new Ops means you'll burn through them quick, PVP is laughable
All there is to do is either buy CC so you can but shit on the CM so you can sell set shit on the GTN and make credits. OR make credits and buy shit off the GTN to probably sell BACK ON the GTN to make MORE credits and rinse and repeat
OR Make credits off the GTN to buy shit off the GTN to keep

Either way, there's mcfucking jack shit to do in game post class story/SoR/KotFE other from making credits
>>
>>156814370
Haven't played sincr Hutts so are you telling me that there are no new raids? What about pvp? Are there arenas yet?
>>
Well, that was underwhelming.
We knew all this shit before, why waste money on making a trailer out of it?
They're really out of ideas.
>>
>>156814982
>so are you telling me that there are no new raids?
None. There hasn't been a new raid since RotHC I don't think. Did SoR come before or after RotHC?
Either way, KotFE brought NOTHING to the table other from filler
>What about pvp? Are there arenas yet?
I think they added two more PVP maps. I'm not 100% sure since I don't really pay attention to it
>>
>>156815048
They could have at least shown Vaylin's empire or hinted at Thexan's return. They're not even trying to hide the fact he'll be back in some wau, shape or
form. Theyalready showed his in game model here
>>156798384
>>
>>156815048
Honestly, this trailer was pretty; as expected of Blur
But it was a colossal waste of resources
They could've put that into actually improving the game
>>
>>156815869
Well, Blur's ability to make a pretty trailer was never in doubt.
>>
>>156816143
That was the whole raisin I was actually hyped for this trailer. Not because of the expansion or Vaylin or Senya
Because it's a fucking Blur trailer
>>
Well since Shae is the special subscriber reward, I guess that means she won't be dying any time soon.
>>
>>156816624
>Implying she won't get the Niko treatment and become fucking irrelevant in KotET
>>
>>156816776
That's exactly why she won't be dying. Too many people will either bitch about not having her or dying, so she's in companion limbo.
>>
>>156816929
If they do make her irrelevant, which will probably be the case and they use Torian as a "speaker" for Mandalore, they should give the BH a special encounter with her that involves the title
But that would require work
>>
>>156817116
Basically.
>>
>>156817328
I miss when everyone didn't share the same storyline. At least SoR had a quest that deviated from the main storyline that was different depending on your class
KotFE has absolutely no replay value. The storyline is exactly the same, Force or No other from a few lines of dialogue. Your "choices" absolutely DO NOT matter other from Koth taking your shit twice
And what makes it worse is KotFE's plot makes absolutely no sense not even just for non-force users. In terms of the "Outlander Commander" title you get, of the Non-force users Trooper and Agent fit that bill. Smuggler's a Smuggler. Basically a civ. And Hunter, although a Mando, is basically a freelancer.
>>
File: 1448226740063.webm (683KB, 614x584px) Image search: [Google]
1448226740063.webm
683KB, 614x584px
>>156818238
Feels bad and I really wish there was more class-specific stuff. Even just some damn mentions or callbacks but there's not even stuff like that aside from a throwaway line or two.
>>
>>156818381
There's absolutely nothing that's class specific in it AT ALL. The only advantage you get for playing a specific class during it is insight on certain chapters, which is basically throwaway lines and dialogue. Hunter gets Torians reunion and Gault explaining where everyone's been. Agent gets what Kaliyo has been up to and a throwaway line with SCORPIO. JK basically says hi to T7. And Trooper gets the barb.
THAT'S IT. No class specific questline that SoR had. Nothing. Just throwaway lines and then back to "Man, that Arcann's really strong. You can't fight that Arcann guy, Outlander. He's really strong. That Arcann. Oh no, Skytroopers!" for 15 chapters
And the end is basically "You did it! You defeated the Arcann! Now you can go back to doing jack shit! AGAIN!"
You can barely even call KotFE story content when it's the exact same story for every character. It's just a massive waste of time. But there's nothing else to do in the game other from credit farming
>>
>>156814982
There haven't been new raids since shadow of revan, which was the expansion after hutts. There are a couple new pvp maps
>>
Dead thread
Dead game
>>
>>156821220
Yup
>>
>>156823384
Yep
>>
>>156815269
>>156819220
Ahh shit and here I thought the game was starting to do good. Oh well guess I am sticking to legion
>>
>>156826884
You'll have more fun playing any other MMO
Even Wildstar
>>
File: 1453370106075.jpg (211KB, 817x1053px)
1453370106075.jpg
211KB, 817x1053px
>>
>>156828237
Are we bringing back slutposting?
There isn't anything else to do
>>
This probably gets asked a lot, so forgive me and I promise this isn't bait or a troll: Are people playing swgemu, and if so, where?
I used to play on basilisk and it's fine (but very slow development) -- my biggest complaint about it was that most everyone had multiple accounts or characters and that any veteran was fairly self-sufficient. I understand it's a very long alpha/beta and integrity of the economy and all that is pretty low compared to simply getting things working in game, but it still irked me.
From what I've seen, only casually browsing around, the emu community seems a bit splintered. I was curious if any of you have tried the other servers... there seem to be quite a few and I'm sure that most of them are hot garbage or have garbage admins. But I thought I'd check here anyhow.

I've tried swtor but just not my thing. The story was a lot of fun tho.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.