[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ - RimWorld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: where muh trees at.jpg (393KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
where muh trees at.jpg
393KB, 1366x768px
"That's a lot of trees" Edition

>About
RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

Leave suggestions for the OP as replies to this post.

>Links
Official site: rimworldgame.com/
FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Recommended mods: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Where to get mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0
>>
>>156532102
>uranium leaf
the fuck is that?
>>
>>156532102
What's the rubber plant from?
>>
File: PROMOTIONS.png (557KB, 412x496px) Image search: [Google]
PROMOTIONS.png
557KB, 412x496px
>orion institute gets wrecked by a raid those rimsenal dog monster things because caravans don't like to use guns to defend themselves.
>you have angered the chief
>oh shit
>rescue the two that remain alive
>they make their way off map for a net gain of +5 rep
it's like christmas.
>>
>>156533080
>>156532601
That's the garden mod I think. old screenie.
>>
File: 20161004132638_1.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161004132638_1.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>yfw space traders brought animals from different biomes

What are AI persona cores used for? I have four collected and idk what I should be saving them for, or how many I'll need eventually. I'm thinking of maybe selling one to cover the cost of these war elephants.
>>
community meme when
>>
>>156538386
One is needed for the spaceship. So unless you plan to do the endgame, do sell it off for a good chunk of silver. Or if you have that mod with the robot pawns, build one.
>>
>plague
>then siege
>then siegers attack

i actually just let them die desu, i'll reload a save before the plague happens because honestly I can't deal with the siege and the plague simultaneously and I don't have a pre-raid save.
>>
>>156540356
>desu
Downvoted. Fuck off back to /V/ you weaboo.
>>
>>156541960
oh shit son

I forgot t - b - h was censored
>>
Is there a way or mod that lets colonists carry some items around? Some of them already do it, like when you see the tribal who showed up with 5 smokejoints in his inventory, how can I make my colonists carry around some go-juice and a meal?
>>
>>156543310
They already do it but I don't think you can force it.

i.e. My people sometimes carry a fine meal around for when hungry.
>>
is there any way to increase FPS once you base gets big
?
>>
>>156543310

Animal taming requires whatever the animal eats, so when taming they first pick up a stack of whatever is available that works. Then you can just set their handling off and they keep carrying the stack.
>>
>>156544034
seriously though I'm getting the same speed at 3x as I am on 1x
>>
>Wild has gone sick from infection! (Plague)
>Scalpel has gone sick from infection! (Plague)

>manage to survive a siege and cure wild, scalpel is at 96% immunity
>Lumi has gone sick from infection! (Plague)
>Engie has gone sick from infection! (Plague)

what the fuck do i do now

I really hope my doctor survives this last 4 percent or i'm going to be real fucked
>>
File: please help.png (1MB, 1355x645px) Image search: [Google]
please help.png
1MB, 1355x645px
how the fuck do I gitgud at this game
raiders out the ass, messy storage, shit's all over the place.
food is scarce, mood is low, and there's way too many fucking people for my brain to keep up with
>>
>>156544834
Don't build large bases? Hard to help without knowing more details like specs, usual framerate, and so on.

My first guess would be a cpu bottleneck. Large base usually means a lot of colonist and it could be too much for your computer to process. Did the framerate gradually drop as you got more people?
>>
>>156547025
>only posts a part of the screenshot

Come on.

Also, more colonists isn't always good. Small rooms are bad for mood, and that one guy doesn't even have one.

also what's up with those sun lamps over there.
>>
>>156546985
Hope you get good rolls? Sounds like your shit out of luck if you roll badly.

>>156547025
What difficulty are you on? In case you don't already know, the storyteller just changes the frequency and chances of certain incidents happening. But once they decide on an incident like a raid, it is the difficulty that determines how hard it's gonna hit.

Tips for defense is to minimize how many entrance ways into your base. Double up on walls wherever possible. Use sandbags, traps, and turrets to create ambush points at your entrances (look up killboxes if you want gimmicky designs).

But the best advice anyone can give you is to spend an hour on the wiki. You don't need to memorize all the details of the game on there, but you'll find info the game doesn't give you. For example: rice grows quickest, but is the most picky about where you plant it. Potatoes are more hardy, but take longer to grow. Corn takes the longest to grow, but lasts longer and doesn't cause mood debuffs when eaten raw.

You can find out what affects mood, how the combat works, how to tame animals, etc. If you can't find it on the wiki, just google it and I'm sure you'll find a forum post about it. Otherwise ask here with a specifically worded question.
>>
>>156547771
I had to crop it a bit because it wasn't uploading for some reason. You're not missing much, really.
I checked the rooms and they weren't getting a mood debuff, just BARELY big enough. That guy I just rescued from a gang, who are sending me raiders fucking constantly, at least once a day.
The sun lamps were there because I thought they were warm enough for plants to grow, because of Winter/cold-season killing them. I was wrong and never bothered to remove them.
>>
>>156548283
>I thought they were warm enough for plants to grow, because of Winter/cold-season killing them

They need to be surrounded by walls and a roof to work.

Who is your storyteller? What difficulty? Even close to once a day raids is very extreme.
>>
>>156548276
Actually went kinda well

Lumi rolled shit recovery and is at 80 at near death, and I assume she is beyond the point of no return. She will be buried in a sarcophagus once she dies, if she does.

Engie, however, made great use of Scalpel's medical care and managed quick recovery even without medicine.

I hope Lumi makes it - she arrived once to trade, then came naked the next day asking for help. She seemed nice, and she never let me down.

>>156548283
Use heaters and roofs and walls and it should work.

>raiders once a day

what. this shouldn't be happening.
>>
>>156548283
>>156548546
Also sunlamps provide light not heat, you're going to need a heater in there as well.
>>
>>156548546
>>156548276
>>156548705
The basic story teller with the second difficulty.
I think the constant raids are because I rescued a guy from them? They're all from the same person.
I'll spend some time going through the wiki and try to learn some stuff, I've been playing for about 3 days now.
I'll see what I can do. Thanks.
>>
>>156548762
Nope, I've never rescued someone from a raid because they are mostly shitters and the good ones die, but I've never seen anyone get more raids from a faction for rescuing someone.
>>
>>156548705
What severity is lumi? She'll probably make it at major, extreme is iffy though.
>>
So to train low level artists, just make them do grand sculptures of wood?

>>156548705
Don't let Lumi die, if an infection is extreme and the immunity isn't over 80% then amputate the part if you can. If it's a neck or something then you'll just have to ride it out.
>>
>>156548705
>she arrived once to trade, then came naked the next day asking for help.

This fucking game man. Good to hear though.

>>156548756
>>156548762
Forgot the heater, but consider playing on a map with year long growing period for your first game. Or better yet, one with a 11th of Winter to 1st of Winter. You can easily prepare for that while still getting use to the winter mechanics.

Classic? She can ramp up pretty hard, but do you also have any mods? Frequency of raids, I believe, is solely based on the storyteller. Faction relations just affects if they are hostile or not in general, but raiders start off hating you so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>156549071
At extreme

She's dead, though - at 92%, no less. Don't even think I can savescum this one either, the time of death seems to be constant.

>>156549167
It's in the whole body, it's the Plague.

Good night, sweet princess. May you shoot raiders in Heaven.
>>
>>156549281
I just picked a spot that looked good, turns out about a third was mountains. No mods besides the core mod, want to test the waters first.
I guess I can start a new colony, but this one's pretty 'old' by now. I barely made it through a Toxic Fallout in it, and I'm proud that my colonists didn't shit themselves and died during.
>>
>>156549775
Well feel free to just play it out. Not every space colony is gonna make it after all and if you have fun failing it isn't really failing.

Consider digging into the mountain for your base expansion. Makes raids a lot easier to deal with since you can just fortify the single entrance. But there is the risk of digging too deep if you know what I mean.
>>
Anyone got any good mod recommendations?
I like Prepare Carefully way too much...
>>
>>156553089
Most of the ones in the pastebin are good. All of fluffy's mods are pretty handy. Rimsenal has some cool factions and gear.
>>
>>156533794
Fuck those dog monster things. Building destroyer pieces of shit.
>>
>>156543310
Combat Realism did this in A13 from what I remember. It was great because you could outfit people with a main weapon, sidearm, and melee weapon.
>>
>smooth floors add more beauty than carpets
>>
>>156554656
I'm still annoyed wood floors provide nothing. It's like it was never the default material used for floors for millennia and is still very common today. Are the colonist just so use to metal spaceships that wood is completely alien to them? Wood is cheap, but it should still give a +1 bonus at least.
>>
>>156553089
Realistic Night and Weather is great for adding more atmosphere to the game. Make sure to grab Helpful Lights by the same guy to balance out the darkness from the mod.

Seconding Rimsenal. Though I would recommend that if you grab the turret mod, also grab feral and federation as well. The new turrets shit on the vanilla raiders even in the late game. Freds will coming packing powered armor and advance weapons. Ferals are stronger than raiders early and mid game though they can't compete with Fred late game.
>>
File: wew.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Land next to 3 wargs and a bear

Gonna be a good time lads
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.