[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/evog/ - Evolve General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: silver_coins.png (121KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
silver_coins.png
121KB, 360x360px
IT'S ALL IN VAIN edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
http://www.evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371
>>
I had 80,000 keys yesterday and was going to buy Tech Hank, Emet, Val, Laz, Paladin, Griff. EGriff, Crow, Maggie, Jack, Hyde and RAbe but changed my mind.

I would've ended up with all the characters but Rogue, Kala, Waggie, Lennox and Torvald with 5000 to spare!

But thanks TRS, I guess you really want your game dead.
>>
>>155342348
I don't get the point too, it's not like we can buy silver keys with real money thus they make money.
>>
Rip Evolve.

You thought they couldn't make it worse? Now new people won't even bother to keep playing.

Good job, TRS.
>>
Deeply ingrained meta killed the beast in this case.

At high-level play there's characters who are 100% required picks and characters who are 100% "you're going to lose the game" picks, yet trs don't give the slightest amount of a fuck about that so there we have it, game dead before takeoff, just like first time.

It could be good, it could be fun, it could be a success but it seems that despite what they say TRS don't actually WANT it to be, strikes me as extremely odd. Are we sure it's not just a tax write-off or something?
>>
>>155349597
>TRS don't actually WANT it [to succeed]
srsly though, are the devs and decision makers at TRS that stupid? You can feel that they have no clue what to do and how to please the community.
The game is fuckin free for fuck sake, yet no one is playing it.
I'm not a game dev (hard to believe i know) but i can clearly see one of the main problems: retention rate. 50K players on the day the game became FTP where playing this game. Yet 93% of the player base disappeared thit means: the game is not "noob" friendly. They need to make much better tutorials this isn't TF2 where u go around and shoot people. The old Advanced + Basic tutorials where cool they should reintegrate them. they already have the assets and everything. I can't understand how they are still fucking up. They started working on this game probably like 3 years ago!
>>
>>155342348
>>155342453
>>155346802
Wait, what happened? What did I miss? I stopped playing for a week.
>>
>>155353267

Check out the new silver key prices.
Wasteland Maggie at 21000 coins.
Wraith at 26500 coins.
>but they double the coin drop rates!

Also, Slim is cool now, I guess. Had a lot of fun with the heal toggle, now I just have to worry about shooting and dodging the monster.
>>
>>155353813
>Slim is cool now
I guess I'll play again
>>
Looks dead.
>>
>>155342348
epic
>>
>>155353813
>Wasteland Maggie at 21000 coins.
WAT!
I enter this thread to see if something is getting improved and play the game a little again... See this and I think that I'm going to unistall it.
>>
File: can't wake up.png (482KB, 609x460px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.png
482KB, 609x460px
>monitor graph past 3 days
>2.8 is the new peak
>and getting lower

kek
>>
File: dedolve.jpg (126KB, 1615x808px) Image search: [Google]
dedolve.jpg
126KB, 1615x808px
I told you so
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.