[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/twg/ - Total War General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 764
Thread images: 156

File: 1473378940119.jpg (57KB, 272x340px) Image search: [Google]
1473378940119.jpg
57KB, 272x340px
WHY DOES IT KEEP GETTING 404'D EDITION

>Patch notes
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_3

>Vlad von Carstein Free-LC
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Vlad von Carstein FREE-LC (embed) [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>The Grim and the Grave
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - The Grim & The Grave Official Trailer (ESRB) (embed) [Embed] [Embed]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
http://store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
http://www.gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>FAQs & General Info
http://pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation
>>
File: Deepwood Scout.jpg (452KB, 940x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Deepwood Scout.jpg
452KB, 940x1107px
It is now September. With the end of the summer months, The sallow season begins. Ros-fothar in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of waning. The Consort-King Orion weakens and rages against his fate, destined to be immolated on the pyre in the coming months. The forest undergoes a change of color from the vibrant hues of summer to more subdued and mottled shades of Autumn.

But if it is a time of waning, so too is it a time of harvest. The bounty of the forest hangs ripely, to be plucked effortlesly by the merry wanderers of its vales and meadows. How fitting, then, that in this, the first month of the season of harvest, the Wood Elves will make a bounteous gift of themselves, the latest and greatest of the factions to be released in Total War: Warhammer.

Wood Elves soon.
>>
File: 1379550337502.png (28KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
1379550337502.png
28KB, 500x223px
Vlad!
>>
What the fuck happened? I thought we disappeared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kql7cpcOo
>>
>>154279130
I think OP got banned or something. I've seen it happen other times.
>>
Good job TWG you got pushed off the board.
>>
File: spanish qt definitely not kkk.png (288KB, 634x416px) Image search: [Google]
spanish qt definitely not kkk.png
288KB, 634x416px
Please don't die
t. /mbg/
>>
RIP
>>
>>154278976
Worst elves soon.
>>
File: Tilea.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tilea.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
TILEA!
>>
Are there any good mods for Empire: Total War?
>>
https://youtu.be/2gCgluVD0Aw

KILL THE ORCS
SLAY THE ORCS
DESTROY THE ORCS!
>>
>>154278761
Mannfred did nothing wrong
>>
>>154279871
Ok Mannfred
>>
>>154279871
fuck off manny
>>
File: 1446357262247.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446357262247.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
SUMMON
>>
>>154279945
I'M BUSY
>>
Are we autosaged?
>>
>>154279384
>be KKK
>believe protestants are master race and catholics are pagans
>adopt the garb of catholic knightly orders anyway
>>
>>154279589
Anyone calling Wood Elves Worst Elves reveals themselves as not liking elves in the first place.

A true partisan for High Elves, who holds the Asur above all others, would properly revile their enemies, the Druchii.

Conversely, a player who has invested their heart in the Dark Elves has no business casting stones at Wood Elves when those stones could be hitting High elves in their insufferably shiny conical heads.

The people who slither from the attic to call Wood Elves Worst Elves in fact hate Elves to begin with- for Wood Elves are the most ideologically pure, closest to the classic "Elf" without other frills. It is the very bow-wielding tree-loving long-eared Elf that has been the staple of fantasy for a half-decade that they revile.

Wood Elves are called Worst Elves by those who are diametrically opposed to Elves, because they are the most Elven Elves. To restate matters more clearly, they are Best Elves.
>>
>Trying to play Averland
>Making peace everywhere
>Help Stirland fuck up vampires
>Wissenland gets buttrekt over something and declares war
>Make peace with vampires and go home
>Wissenland ruined my perfect town
>Vampires get bored and declare war on me again
>Vampires ruin my perfect town
>Make peace with Wissenland and go defend my home again
FUCK IT, I'M GOING DOWN IN A BLAZE OF GLORY BEFORE WISSENLAND COMES BACK AND I'M TAKING EVERY VAMPIRE WITH ME, EVERYTHING IS GETTING RAZED
>>
File: karlos franco.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
karlos franco.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>154279945
A LOS
>>
>>154280186
wood elves suck because they are close to the "classic elf"

They're generic and boring and most of all the fact that they're hicks but act all high and mighty is annoying
>>
>>154280227
CONDES
>>
>>154280186
>not liking elves in the first place
Good.
This is why Dark Elves are best elves - they're most inclined to kill other elves.
>>
>>154280245
The rustic nature of Wood Elves is a key ideological part of their comfiness. Urban living is for dystopic societies like the Dark Elves or Skaven. Innawoods ruraldom NEETLIFE is why Wood Elves are the best faction.
>>
File: Morathi.jpg (2MB, 3508x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Morathi.jpg
2MB, 3508x1840px
I want to be dominated by a best elf!
>>
>>154280485
Elves as Atlantis or Elves as Canada are more interesting than elves as forestniggers

The overwhelming majority of elves in fiction are savages running through the forests having sex with deer to prove how much they love the earth mother or whatever while acting as the mouthpiece for retarded enviromentalist authors about how evil humans are for building cities
>>
>>154280760
Wood Elves aren't exactly painting with all the colors of the wind, though. They are a far cry from an environmentalist mouthpiece and waste no time condemning humans. Humans barely factor in to what the Wood Elves are doing or what they are about.

Wood Elves have a poor sense of the past or future; most of them don't keep written records or think about what is going on outside the comfyforest. Why would you? They've got that inward-looking isolation some of the better cultures in human history have occasionally come close to achieving. They are so absorbed in their own pleasant existence that until their nose was literally rubbed in shit through constant gorposting they didn't bother to look to see what was going on outside their NEET lair.

Wood Elves don't have environmentally responsible development and industry. They don't have industry. They aren't industrious; they don't work. They have shota servants and magical-girls-in-training in their courts, and waste their time on esoteric pursuits that suit them. Their magical land has broken down the barriers of time and space and ushered in 2D paradise, and they dedicate all their attention to being absorbed in the bliss of their own existence, roused only to defend it because the outside world resents their comfiness.
>>
>>154280227
BASQUE COUNTS GET OUT OF MY EMPIRE REEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1472153483946.png (1MB, 988x527px) Image search: [Google]
1472153483946.png
1MB, 988x527px
>>154281273
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>154281325
Estalian*
>>
>>154280178

Americans aren't very bright.
>>
just refunded the grim and the grave

came to my senses again that i'm being jewed
>>
>>154282907
>came to my senses after buying something I wanted

No fuckwit, that's called peer pressure. If you thought you were being jew'd in the first place you wouldn't have bought it. Now you have just changed your mind because you're austimo.
>>
>>154282628
Are there even any historyfags left? This general is 99% warhammer now.

>tfw I hate this cartoony warhammer bullshit with a passion
>tfw there'll be 2 more overpriced warhammer games + dlc
>tfw you suckers will gladly buy that garbage and encourage SEGA to charge even more in the future

Total War is dead isn't it
>>
>>154283064

Warhammer is a nice break from waging war in Europe, I just hope the next release is historical.

I'd kill for a 14th/15th century game.
>>
>>154283064
You are 4 months late m8

Don't be faggot and talk about whatever you want, as long as it's TW related, somebody will talk about it

But for the love of god, don't bring religion, baptistanon may be lurking
>>
Wow Warhammer dropped from over 80% positive ratings to only 64% in a matter of a few months.

This may be the first good Total War game since Shogun and CA still manages to fuck up their legacy with scummy DLC practises.

LOL
O
L
>>
>>154283327
>Bretonnia Faction Finisher - $20 (Includes Mini-Campaign (Also they learn 'The Lady's Stance' (move through unpassable terrain))
>>
>>154283297
Maybe one complete TW game would have been nice I'll give you that. But not three games. If they wanted to make a fantasy game so badly, why not make multiple different fantasy games every few years or so? Come on, a proper Lord of the Rings game would have been great. A Song of Ice and Fire too.
>>
>>154283064
>hate some fantasy media with a passion

Loser.
>>
>>154283610
Bretonnia is going to be free though.
>>
>>154283661

Those two licences were too expensive.

Plus this gives CA a chance at a true passion project.
>>
>>154283661
>A Song of Ice and Fire total war.

They could just make historical medieval game instead of wasting time on that shit.
>>
Now that we have more fleshed out factions and beastmen, what's coming next?
>>
>>154283981
New Lore of Magic, Wood Elves and fair Bretonnia.
>>
>>154283763
with extra DLC units

(see grim and the grave)
>>
>>154284171
Probably some time after the free dlc yes. Not much to add though, unless they don't add any new units with the free dlc.
>>
>>154284242
Or if GW allows them to conjure up some totally new units for that matter.
>>
>>154283942
Why not both? I agree that the low fantasy stuff doesn't make for very varied battles but neither would Medieval 3

>>154283818
Really? I know that the Tolkien Estate is quite strict but HBO lets basically anyone make a GoT game. Bethesda was even asked to make one.
>>
>>154284242
It's still shitty. Announcing something as free and then making DLC's for it. It's getting out of hand.

CA has made a quality game to work with, why ruin it now?
>>
>>154284657
>Announcing something as free and then making DLC's for it.

Wot? Have they announced paid dlc for Bretonnia?
>>
>>154284242
they added two new units for the grim and the grave, the rest were just shit reskins with boosted stats

a right fucking rip off
>>
>>154284756
No, not yet. I just replied to the anon who said it's possible. It was hypothetical. Don't panic just yet.
>>
File: Gené.jpg (8KB, 175x295px) Image search: [Google]
Gené.jpg
8KB, 175x295px
Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?
>>
>>154284769
B-BUT CUSTOM SKELETONS AND ANIMATIONS
>>
I know this is a troll but it's 6 new units and reskins.
>>
>>154284769
Two LLs, two lords, 5 new units.

6 dollars is nothing really desu.
>>
>>154283064
we are still here. only we don't act like spergs.
>total war is dead
then you should die with it.
>>
>>154284993
>6 new units and two lords
>7,49€
>>
>>154284519
Because ASOIAF is a terrible setting and held together by duct tape?
>>
>>154284769
>because daughters of mars was such much better
>>
>>154284912
Jesus christ. Don't complain about something that hasn't happened. You can start complaining when it has happened or when you got real empirical evidence of it happening. Fucking insane.
>>
>Medieval 3 Total War
>HRE is a preorder bonus
>England is a DLC
>discovering America is a 20$ expansion

I don't want Medieval 3. Maybe Empire 2.
>>
>>154285243
I didn't complain. I said it WOULD be shitty if CA did that.
>>
>>154285183
>implying I bought any rome 2 dlc
>>
>>154285180
And Warhammer isn't?

>>154285243
Whoa there champ. See you in 3 months when CA releases a Bretonnia unit pack for 5 bucks.
>>
>>154285269
t. Johann

Knowing CA it will be more like
>american tribes DLC pack
>unlocks the eastern coast of NA, Mexico and central america and the tip of South america
>factions there have their own unique mechanics and objectives
>are moderately expensive
>you can still kill them and genocide them without paying a cent

>steam reviews will say how this is another shoah and have 500 mixed reviews.

>the reviewers will buy HoI4: Women in WW2 DLC and the Indian faces DLC.
>>
>>154283320
>baptistanon
tbqh he is one of my fav. shitposters.
>>
>>154285417
>why complain about things you don't own

>boohoo I bought the game on release and it had all 100% of what it said it included on the back of the box
>now they are releasing -additional- content
>waaaaaah why wasn't this in the game I chose to purchase full well knowing what I would get for my money

Fuck me, if this is the way human thinking is going we might as well skip forward to our end times.
>>
>>154285180
>implying Warhammer isn't the epitome of standard fantasy
>>
VLAD
VON CARSTEIN
>>
>>154284992
The attractive of G and G was the liege lords included as well as lords like the Ghoul King
>>
>>154285646
Because all of this shit could very well be in the base game for the same price. Maybe CA likes to act as if they're some sort of indie devs who need expensive DLC to survive, but surely putting out half baked garbage isn't the solution.
>>
>>154284769
>Units using the same skeletons and animations are reskins
ok.
>>
File: for free.jpg (502KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
for free.jpg
502KB, 3264x1836px
>>154285468
Please fuck off back to /v/ or wherever you came from

>>154285646
Don't you actually have to own a game on steam before you can review it? Which would mean all the people bitching about beastmemes bought it anyway.
>>
>>154280178
>be christian
>be racist

Wew lad
>>
>>154285857
So a bit of content that took maybe a week to develop.

Sorry but that is the kimd of stuff that belongs into a well fleshed out vanilla game, not a DLC
>>
>>154285468
Warhammer is a setting that was designed to sell TT games and has thematic armies that revolve around that in a unique D&D esque setting. The faction's identities are closely tied to their armies for the most part, like the empire's culture and history is based of the 16th century germanic states

>>154285661
>standard fantasy
>having the patrican aesthetics of arthurian england + medieval frace bordering Renaissance germany.
>>
>>154285368
You didn't mention "would" at all though.

>It's getting out of hand

>>154285468
>Whoa there champ. See you in 3 months when CA releases a Bretonnia unit pack for 5 bucks.

I mean it's possible but the last thing we need is more complaining about nothing on /twg/. Not good for your brain.
>>
>>154285661
>standard fantasy

At the time, barely.

Also

>Fantasy Landsknechts
>standard fantasy
>>
>>154285879
Bretonnia will be in for free because it was supposed to be in the base game but they ran out of time to develop it

You say "it could be in the base game for the same price"

Well here's a secret for you- they continue to make extra content which in fact doesn't suck like Vlad and give it to people for free. Meaning in 2 or 3 years when all three games have come out the person buying it will get a bunch of extra shit that wasn't in game at release just packaged as part of the game.
>>
>>154286073
>slapping Tolkienesque cliches, european folklore and a minimum of historic inspirations together
>WOW WHAT AN ORIGINAL SETTING
>>
>>154286062
>Christianity is a religion about being nice
>doing mean stuff is not Christian

How do u like your post-modern skew on ancient religions famalam?
>>
>>154286092
Okay, then sorry that I didn't express myself clearly.
>>
>>154286254
When all three games are out, the people who followed the DLC and bought them all paid multiple hundred dollars/euros/whatever to get a complete game. Not fair at all
>>
>>154286360
It's ok I overreacted too. Still we need to take it easy more
>>
>>154286064
Where do retards like you come from anyway? Previous total war games had far less content at release than WTW yet charged the same fucking price. Further CA release shit like the brown wizard, bretonnia and Vlad for free so whiners like you who hate buying DLC can't complain that all the FLC is garbage.

And yet you still complain.

What the fuck do you want, a hundred dollar game that's 100% finished and will never have DLC? The DLC model exists specifically because the DLC money (on top of CA being a business which wants to make money, which will partially go on to fund the next part of the WTW trilogy, partially go to fund the next historical game and partially go to pay their own paychecks after all this is allocated by Sega) is used to justify the existence of the DLC itself, in order to create a better and more fleshed out game instead of just having one liege lord for each race.
>>
>>154286073
>faux europe + vampires + fairytale creatures + tolkien races = good setting

Yeah sure.
>>
>>154286571
>hundred dollar game
I'd even buy it for 120 and still only pay about half of what it will all end up costing.

>m-muh developers need money too
Stop it with that crap. Plenty of devs can charge less for even bigger DLC, so stop defending CA with this overused "argument"
>>
Is there a good fraction unlocker?

I wanna play with some western dwarfs!
>>
>Kingdoms expansion pack

>very few new unique factions
>many reskinned factions
>Doesn't add any new big features
>Maps that modders could make any time
>Doesn't fix a lot of the issues in the base game
>Didn't add any new stuff to the GC

Shitty deal really

Still liked it
>>
>>154286623

>>154286265
>setting does it first
>others copy it
>Wow, the original is so unispired.
>>
>>154286891
no fractions in the game, you could however play this game if you want fractions http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions/
>>
>>154286875
>plenty of devs
which ones?
>>154286891
there are race speciic unlockers online.
>>
>>154287145
Good game. No Pontus Fraction though
>>
>>154287184
>there are race speciic unlockers online.
I found one, lets hope it works with the latest update
>>
>>154287084
No. Warhammer didn't do"it" first. The dwarven and elven factions are clearly from Tolkien. Vampires exist in this form since Dracula, also much older than Memehammer. The arthurian legend stuff is even older. Many things are taken from mythology dating back to the greeks and from european folklore.

The only "new" thing Warhammer did was adding more outlandisch races like lizardmen and skaven. And even lizardmen are inspired by real world cultures and not original.

So tell me, why is compiling a bunch of elements from existing works and sources something original?
>>
>>154287383
good luck
>>
>>154287184
From soft, CDPR, Bethesda, Rockstar, Bioware,...
>>
File: 20160909093754_1.jpg (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909093754_1.jpg
555KB, 1920x1080px
this thread isnt shiny enough
>>
>>154287557
>dwarven faction is clearly from tolkien
I don't remember grudges and alcoholism as a part of tolkien
>elves
The tolkien elves are all about leaving middle earth for valinor.
The high elves in WH are all about playing world police to get maximum trade.

>many things are even older dating back to european folklore

and no one before GW used it in a cohesive setting.

Taking a bunch of ideas is not original. Having those cultures interact with each other and having meaningful non cardboard cut out relations in a shared universe is pretty damn important.
GW executed that just right.
>>
File: 20160909094421_1.jpg (709KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909094421_1.jpg
709KB, 1920x1080px
>>154287805
>>
>>154287685
>FPS/TPS RPGS
>several of them are their own publishers
yeah, no.
>>
File: 1473089085024.jpg (67KB, 653x538px) Image search: [Google]
1473089085024.jpg
67KB, 653x538px
>>154287805
>>154287935

>Constantinople will never be christian again
>>
>>154287880
Tolkien borrowed from (european) myth and folklore. Everything is eventually inspired by something else. The concept of ' original' as you propose it does not excist,
>>
File: 20160909095320_1.jpg (814KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909095320_1.jpg
814KB, 1920x1080px
>>154287935
>>
>>154288071
>muh constantinople
ebin,
>>
>>154287685
CDPR

"no"

They released two expansions with actual fucking content which are well worth their prices

All cosmetic DLC like new clothes, new armors, new weapons are FLC
>>
>>154288071
Constantinople should be a demilitarized international free city-state desu. You can't trust the greeks and you can't trust the turks.
>>
>>154280485
I'd love to live in a forest with mountains,rivers and wildlife. Adapting to the lifestyle and being manual and physically active in everything growing and harvesting your own vegetables, securing your own water source, hunting,fishing,fire building, woodcutting etc

Comfy tier. I get why thousands every year are abandoning the cities and heading innawoods creating rustic communities. Humanity has lost its way and grown fat and too dependable on easily available shit that could all disappear very quickly if the system broke.
>>
>>154288203
But you can trust the russians
>>
>>154287880
WH High elves are more like 1st age Tolkien elfs turned up to eleven, and the wood elves are like his "lesser" elf reces, the ones that chose to live in forests like mirkwood (and most never went to valinor in the first place, but were allowed to after the war of the ring).

Also Tolkien dorfs were far more agreeable and had a better relation with the elves than in WH. Wh's dwarfs are a bunch of miserable grumbling manlets on the highway to extinction, despite their advanced technology
>>
File: 1452861780123.png (165KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452861780123.png
165KB, 500x375px
>>154288264
Are you trying to make me laugh?
>>
>>154288225
That's anything but comfy
>>
>>154288150
That's what i said, learn how to read.

Beastmen is the same price as Blood&Wine, need I say more?
>>
>>154288113
>everything is derivative
>therefore blatant ripping off is cool.

t. blizzard entertainment.
>>
>>154288456
>learn how to read.
I really should go and do that, yeah.
sorry
>>
>>154287880
The silmarillion elves are exactly how you just described warhammer elves. And tolkien dwarves are also heavy drinkers. Fuck off.
>>
>>154288316
The noldor were exiled from elfHeaven because they chose to follow Feanor and his autism to the ends of middle earth.
>>
File: 20160827224613_1.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160827224613_1.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1465110758184.png (47KB, 853x627px) Image search: [Google]
1465110758184.png
47KB, 853x627px
Mordheim is on sale on Steam, does anyone know if it's a good game?

>>154283064
>>
>>154283327
No its plebs that ironically have paid Actijew and parajew for DLC. That and potato users.
Also steam ratings mean fuck all. Steam need to put a system into place where someone that hasn't got the completion achievements on a game at normal difficulty or above can't ever review it.
>>154288071
Sure about that. Putin is being a smooth alpha operator with his dealings with Turkey at the moment. He's luring them into revealing their ISIS tier views and leave NATO so when Russia and Greece attack. NATO can't do shit.
>>
>>154288552
Yes and they were also kinda dickish and slaughtered a bunch of other elves to take their boats while still on Valinor. Still nowhere near WH elves level of dickishness, except maybe feanor and his immidiate relatives
>>
>>154288527
It's alright. Sorry for being mean tho
>>
>>154286875
>they can charge less
>companies don't need money

You don't seem to understand, businesses do not work by getting the bare minimum of profit- they get the maximum profit their customers are willing to pay.

>argument in quotes

So you're basically retard, but we already knew that.
>>
>>154283327
>Scummy DLC
It's all been fair so far. CA have been open and honest about their plans since before release and how their budgeting works. Remember GW is in control here not CA. They have the final say on everything.
>>154283661
LOTR is controlled with a vice grip by Chris Tolkien and extremely expensive. The younger family members likely would use the licence in the future.

ASOIAF would not suit Total War. Its mostly family drama with a bit of fighting. Grand strategy is better suited.
>>
>>154288693
Nah, steam reviews mean a lot to developers. If a casual player looks through the steam store and sees Warhammer with bad reviews, will he buy it? No, he probably won't. So yes, CA are indeed shitting on their own game.

I agree that you shouldn't review until you put a certain amount of time into a game, but not until you completed it, that's just too long. 5 hours of total play time minumum should be the bottom line for reviewing.
>>
>>154289060
Sure, it's also been very expensive so far. Not that the DLC are bad, but thanks to the additional license costs (can't imagine that Warhammer is a cheap license) the DLC are too expensive. And that's a shame since it's a good game.
>>
>>154289060
Fuck off, I want the map.
>>
>>154288547
>silmarillion elves are exactly how you described warhammer elves

No. The noldor are like that and they regularly get their shit pushed in because they left paradise because feanor wanted his silmarils.
>>
>>154288361
Dane-bro
>>
>>154289060
>LOTR is controlled with a vice grip by Chris Tolkien and extremely expensive. The younger family members likely would use the licence in the future.
Chris doesn't want the license to be used.
At all.

And it shouldn't. After the abortion that was shadow of mordor AAA shit should not touch tolkien.
>>
>>154286497
>paying ten bucks on average per DLC over a period of 3 years as compared to paying over 100 dollars all at once

Please fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>154283610
>no Bretonnian waaagh!

Shit dlc no thx
>>
>>154289332
Either don't buy the DLC or wait for a fucking sale

How hard is this to figure out?
>>
>>154289332
I just think it's poor strategy to price them so high.
I genuinely think they could knock off a third of the price and get double the sales.
>>
>>154289841
The game hasn't even gone on sale yet.
>>
>>154288569

It's not fun

Also the screenshots are misleading, the graphics are complete ass
>>
>>154289841
Holy shit just wait for a sale

If you really desperately wanted the DLC you'd but it now, if you don't care about the DLC then you're just bitching pointlessly about the price

What joy do you get out of bitching about shit you don't care about?
>>
>>154289913
>>154290049
Stop harassing me
>>
BA'AL HAMMON BE PRAISED
>>
FROM THE DANUBE
TO THE RHINE
SKEET SKEET SKEET
>>
>>154286254
Vlad is a carbon copy of manny though?
>>
>>154289595
>Dane

That one goes into the book.

Danes are cool though
>>
I just wish Vlad had different animations, why oh why does he have to use the sword and shield animations he looks so retarded
>>
>>154290702
Is this supposed to be bait? He doesn't have access to the same magics such as lacking spirit leech and has more powerful regeneration than Mannfred as well as having completely different quests and completely different abilities as a general (entire army gets vanguard deployment).

This must be bait, I refuse to believe otherwise.
>>
File: rokkin.jpg (198KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
rokkin.jpg
198KB, 500x664px
Alright got a cheap key for this.Gonna be my first TW game.

Also are the orks in WH Fantasy and WH 40k the same?
>>
>>154290831
I was talking about >>154290770 sorry
>>
>>154290885
They work pretty much the same. The fantasy ones are not dakka maniacs though
>>
>>154286064
>3 Legendary lords
>2 lords
>5 Brand new units
>18 RoR's(probably less time due to being visually changed normal units)
>5 new battle maps
>3 new quest battles
>All for less than a packet of cigarettes in comparison Actijew charges £13 for 5 maps and Parajew charge £5 for a few extra portraits and music pieces.
>A week to develop
Oh you're such a naive troll. One race for example takes 6 months because its fully unique from architecture and skeletons to voices,sound effects and gameplay. Post content work began before launch there are 3 teams at CA. History,Fantasy,DLC. History is in very early concept stages and map design of a likely Victoria:Total War. Fantasy is working on Expansion 1 to Warhammer whereas DLC are currently working on 3 DLC's(paid and unpaid) for the base game likely to be Wood Elves,Greenskin and Dwarf lord pack and Bretonnia.

This isn't Rome 2.Shogun 2 or Attila with dozens of playable factions belonging to the same culture and literally reskinned with a few different shaped shields. A completely unique playable race with its own culture,style,architecture and units is worth 10 playable history factions sorry. If you want to play like that with renamed factions all of the same type. Plenty of mods unlock non playable factions or unit mods that flesh them out a little more.
>>154286497
So like every game currently out then?
Warhammer will be more expensive than the history games(no history game went beyond £65 DLC by end of support) simply because the IP is expensive and controlled by outside sources and the world itself is more expensive than our world simply due to the size and diversity of the warhammer worlds inhabitants and lands, not everyone is one type after all. it's only going to get even more insane with races like Lizardmen,Ogre Kingdoms,Tomb Kings and Skaven.

However Warhammer's ambition is grander with the largest game world ever made for TW and most diverse playstyles and races and I can't wait to be honest.
>>
>>154289117
You can manipulate playtime on steam though. Completion achievements is the only way to ensure they played and completed it before reviewing it. You wouldn't review a movie after 20 minutes would you?
>>
>>154290885
Goblins are actually relevant/exist in fantasy and orcs say "ladz" instead of "boyz"

Also the retarded "red makes it go faster muh psychic powers derived from collective belief" doesn't exist
>>
>>154291246
that could easily be done in less than a week you delusional mong
>>
File: 20160909175011_1.jpg (582KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909175011_1.jpg
582KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw the nice borders are fucked up because of Kislev colonizing Ostland a turn after it's razed and the Empire blobbing
>>
Hey understanders, what's the best way to counter Chaos chariots on legendary difficulty?

I'm playing as empire.
oh and don't get me wrong I do win the battles but the chariots rack up considerable kills on this difficulty and severely fuck up my formations leading to more casualties when the chaos footsoldiers arrive.
Currently using arty, halberds pikes and gunpowder ot try to bring them down but it's not fast enough. Knights have been able to stop them though but I don't have enough cav to fight off 6units of chariots
>>
>>154291762
Best way is heroes in my experience. Net of amynthok helps a lot and luminark will wreck them if it hits.
>>
>>154291762
light wizards work wonders. a steam tank or two on your flanks will fuck up the chariots big time.
Battlechickens with halberds kill them.
>>
>>154291762
You're playing your battles on Legendary Difficulty too?
>>
>>154292171
He has to. Legendary locks battle difficulty.
>>
>>154292340
Ouch!
>>
>>154290885

Appearance and behaviour wise, yeah. Main differences are:

>Goblins being somewhat prominent and having their own set of units
>No guns despite empire and dwarfs having gunpowder units
>Orcs rather than Orks
>No ork bullshit science, instead theres goblin technology
>Magic (most fun magic to use in the game right now imo, especially orc shamans)

Overall though, any 40k ork player/fan would feel right at home.
>>
>>154289834
>sale
As if CA is doing meaningful sales you idiot. Even Attilla is still at full price after all this time. CA sales are a joke

>>154289719
>paying 100 dollar total vs. paying 250 total just because it's not all at once.
Retard
>>
File: New Empire soon!.jpg (102KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
New Empire soon!.jpg
102KB, 429x600px
On this day over 2000 years ago, on the 9th September, 9 AD the Romans suffered one of their greatest defeats, losing more that 16,000 men to a Germanic ambush led by Arminius a Roman trained German warrior, in the battle of Teutoburg Forest. This defeat would forever mark the Rhine as the border of the Roman Empire, as they never dared to venture across it again and instead built fortification along the entire river. This would later prove to be their downfall as 25% of Europe's entire population would cross this river 300 years later and destroy the Roman Empire. Teutoburg Forest will forever be known as a world changing event.

>Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!- Emperor Augustus,Repeatedly said as he smashed his head against a palace pillar for over an hour inconsolable upon recieving news of the defeat.
>>
>>154293345
what an autist lol
>>
File: 1470143808939.jpg (124KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470143808939.jpg
124KB, 657x527px
116 hours into Warhammer I think I'm already burnt out. I've played long campaigns for all factions and 2x with the Empire and 2x with the Vampires.
I bought the new DLC thinking it would renew the fun but I only lasted for one Vampire count Campaign.
>>
File: beastieboys.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beastieboys.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
GOR STRONG! GOR BETTER THAN HUMANS!
>>
>>154293479
>That DoF
How? SweetFX? Reshade? GEM?
Care to share the preset?
>>
>>154293429
All the greatest leaders in history were somewhat autismal
>>
>>154293345
lol who cares. It's day!
>>
>>154293460
>I bought the new DLC thinking it would renew the fun
Its just a couple of new units

We need a new faction with a complete roster this time
>>
File: Geats.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Geats.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>154293535
photoshop, but I guess GEM can achieve something like that
>>
>>154293626
rip 9-ball
>>
>>154292826
Talking about Orc technology, so in fantasy there are no Mekboyz analogue that have technological know-how?

You said goblin technology, so you're saying the rokk lobbas and doom divers are goblin constructs, and the goblins are the engineers of greenskin society?

Because when I see Greenskin ships, they are quite sophisticated. They have paddlewheel propulsion (treadmill-powered, but still more ingenious than human oars). Their Hulks are armed with Harpax+Archimedes Claw+Corvus rolled into one. Drillakillas are overengineered, even; humans are content with simple ramming ships.
>>
>>154283064
What's the point of burning out before AE comes out
>>
>>154293479
>wake up on a nice frosty morning
>something smells odd
>look down
>i've been coated in black ink while sleeping
>again
fricking ungors...
>>
>>154293658
> Photoshop
Thanks for getting my hopes up, anon :(
I tried GEM, the blur setting is nowhere near that shot, since it blurs almost everything on the screen. If I minimized it down fully, it does not do any blurring whatsoever.

I can't get any good preset or setting that can highlight the forefront units and blurs the back like yours. Colors, maybe, but not the DoF.
>>
File: 10 - k4aqnVr.jpg (23KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
10 - k4aqnVr.jpg
23KB, 512x512px
mfw prepared for the bjornling invasion 30ish turns before it happened and now the bjornlings are walking straight into my armies
>>
>>154291629
>t. programming pro
>>
>>154293229
>paying 100 all at once

Versus

>paying 250 dollars spread out over 3 years

One is better than the other you 15 year old faggot

>Attila

Was literally 12 dollars during the summer sale, I'm sorry you're fucking retarded
>>
>>154293460

>116h
>burnt out already

kys my man
>>
So let's look at those "original" warhammer races shall we?

>le fantasy HRE
>le Arthurian knights
>le mexican lizards
>le tolkien elves
>le tolkien dwarves
>le narnia beast"men"
>le edgy victorian vampires
>le mongol shreks
>le green goblin orcs
>le demon bullshit straight out of dante's divine comedy
>le rat people with EPIKKK GUNZ BRUH
>le hussar wings "totally not poland" kislev
>le italian mercenaries

How plebeian
>>
>>154295809
t. chris metzen,
>>
>>154293986
I remember first time I played the game and picked Dwarfs. Had a slow start and when Archeon came to me at Zhufbar, he had 5 wounded troops with him which I killed off fast and then age of peace settled in.

I was so disappointed.

Plus Bjornlings actually helped by fucking up orcs.
>>
>>154295863
You're just mad cause GW stole orcs and goblins from Blizzard.
>>
>>154295809

>tfw they'll never expand on le fantasy ching chongs
>>
>>154295809
>le mongol shreks

fuck, now I'm hype for ogres kingdoms
>>
>>154296029
activision should sue them.
>>154296089
this
>this is MY badlands.
>>
>>154296089
playtime is ogre.
>>
>>154296043
I expect GW to fill every single fantasy cliche sooner or later. Get hype for

>le totally not african cat race with spears and stuff
>le badass magic mermaid people with super brains
>le honorable samurai bullshit warrior clans

In the future
>>
>>154296475
but anon... they are all dead.
>>
>>154296736
So is the Warhammer tabletop game.
>>
>>154287935
That's not how you use pavises dumbass.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 543x833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 543x833px
SKELETONS
>>
>>154295037
>played for 142 hours
>have only beaten the long Chaos campaign
>>
>>154296089
IT'S MY MOUNTAIN

>>154295809
Apart they're stupid, but together they make for an interesting setting

Also Kislev is West+East Slavs
>>
>>154295809
le fantasy samurai when?

My inner weeb demands it
>>
>>154297090
>play as Settra
>repel orcs
>wait for Chaos and Vampires to blow their load
>then overrun the world and bring them all under my eternal rule and exterminate necromancers
>>
>>154297353
They should absolutely do a Nippon pack and all it does is import Shogun 2 assets raw and hard
Additionally, the Nippolese Warriors can traverse the hidden "Bushido Paths" that are all over the Old World
>>
>>154297353
Never m8

The setting is dead, it's all about age of sigmar now
>>
>>154293460
Wood Elves at end of the month.
>>
File: its one of those games.jpg (180KB, 518x995px) Image search: [Google]
its one of those games.jpg
180KB, 518x995px
Barak Varr is the biggest fraction, follow by Karak Azul, Greenskins are dead, Empire controls half of Brettonia, Brettonia holds Marienburg and VC are pushing up north. Hochland is a super power.
>>
>>154293658
Are you using any injection like reshade in game before you photoshop it? I'm in the same case as >>154293814

>>154297353
This.I guess its when CA allows modders to import external models.
>>
>>154297353
If GW decides they're making so much in royalties that they want to work with CA to work out the composition of warhammer's africa and asia to get more shekels

Otherwise the game will probably have things like Kraka Drak and Kislev but no Cathay
>>
>>154295809
>le narnia beast"men"
>le demon bullshit straight out of dante's divine comedy

warhammer chaos is pretty heavily inspired by moorcock as well. GW isnt known for their originality
>>
>>154297506
No, the nippolese would have a mechanic where if you have their armies too close together they suffer attrition as the samurai warriors test their strength against one another in honorabu combat

Also all of the samurai warlords hate each other and if you conquer too much of nippon then the realm will be divided and all other warlords will attack you
>>
File: wut.jpg (115KB, 568x599px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
115KB, 568x599px
>>154297545
They are gonna kill Archeon before he steps into the world, aren't they?
>>
>>154297545
lol nice
I've had a bad streak of 3 games where Dwarfs became the #1 power by wiping the Greens early and owning the entire East and South East of the map
>>
>>154297602
>make a race which are demons
>use historical depictions of christian demons

WHOA, blowing my mind here
>>
File: best mummyfu.jpg (294KB, 762x1085px) Image search: [Google]
best mummyfu.jpg
294KB, 762x1085px
>>154297462
Would Khalida as a LL give bonuses to agents/versus vampires? she doesnt seem the type to go into fights since she chills at her spooky palace funding assassins and stuff and lets Settra do his thing
>>
>>154297346
Well in my opinion Warhammer is about taking as many fantasy cliches and tropes as possible and putting them together as a lighthearted and fun setting. But the lore... is terrible.
>>
>>154297884
She gives skeltan archers poison iirc.
>>
>>154297975
>the lore is terrible

If the lore is terrible then tolkein is the only good fantasy and you're a snob
>>
What's the longest you've seen Mousilon survive?
>>
>>154297545
Estalia destroyed Bretonnia and Mousillon, Empire took Sylvania and Ostland, Kislev attacked Empire then got raped by vamps. Chaos Warriors attacked the Norscans and didn't touch anywhere else until Turn 108. Greenskins went straight to Tilea and Border Prince. Vampire Counts took Kislev over. Me the mountain Jew fortified the passes and just waited for my research and elite armies.

I love random campaigns.
>>
Guys, can someone help a moron win the chaos campaign? I was awakening/raiding/destroying/sacking northern villages and northerm empires when sarthrorael (level 30) comes into play with 2 hellcannons, 2 giants, and most level 5+ units.

With the time given, I can only accumulate enough pop to build giants, or troll, or chosens,maybe some knights or cannons, but not all.

I tried having my awakened tribes/'ally' attack the army but none of them wants to do it. Most annoyingly, sarthorael just straight gunning for me and ignored everything else (and everything else ignored him too) and i lost the battle, and the campaign.

Is there any secret or tips/tricks to winning the campaign as chaos besides the ole git gud?
>>
>>154298221
In my dwarfs campaign they took all of bretonnia, tilea, and estalia by turn 175 or so.
>>
>>154298221
>currently playing dwarf campaign on very hard
>turn 175
>Empire has been destroyed by archaon and co.
>Mousillon now controlls the reikland and is quickly expanding to middenland and stirland
>>
>>154297727
>if you have their armies too close together they suffer attrition as the samurai warriors test their strength against one another in honorabu combat

Sounds very unique
>>
>>154298443
Autoresolve.
>>
>>154298443
I kited him across the world, just ran and ran and ran. Sometimes he'd get distracted and take down some other enemy force, but mostly chasing me. He ran into Ungrim Ironfist and got killed. Problem solved!
>>
>>154298504
Don't forget the samuraic corruption.
>>
>>154298520
The autoresolve didnt exactly work in my favor, amigo. I have probably about 5-6 level 3 or so chosen units (of various types), hellspawns (playing as archaon), some poison doggos, probably axe thrower horsemen, chaos warriors, and probably a few forsakens...

Oh, also using that better autoresolve and unit compoisition mods...
>>
>>154298645
What about Ashigaru followers? When you fight and win a lot of battles you get another stack following you. But you dont suffer attrition because your samurai refuse to fight lowly peasants
>>
>>154298641
Hmm, every other enemies seems to ignore him for me and he did ignore them too and just run straight for me. Wouldn't the other faction simply be attacking you if you happen to pass by them?
>>
>>154298645
>not ninja corruption

But you have to build temples to mamaterasu (OC goddess donut steel) to decrease the ninja corruption otherwise you will get rebels
>>
>>154298865
The worst part is that i would still play them.
>>
>>154289841
>I just think it's poor strategy to price them so high.
CA/SEGA/Games Workshop disagree with you
>>
>>154298473
>>154298494
wtf
I've seen them last maybe 30 turns at best before getting kicked around
>>
>>154298443
use cheat mods that make the chaos campaign feel like you are an actual demigod bringing about the end of the world

I did a chaos campaign the regular way first and its just much more tedious and less fun.
>>
>>154298926
I was doing a lot of juking and dodging of them too. Stuck to the coast so I could hop on a boat, seemed to help shake them sometimes.
>>
>>154299006
Their unit roster would still be unique even if their special racial campaign features would just be renamed features from other races
>>
>>154299175
This happens as soon as you get to build Chosen though.
>>
>>154299175
Which cheat mod are you talking about here, friend?
>>
>>154299320
free upkeep, no attrition when hordes are too close, faster growth
>>
>>154299320
everchosen cheat mod
>>
>>154299278
So are you supposed to just avoid them enough instead of taking them on? I'm confused.

>>154299317
Is Chosen that super duper op over other infantry types? i have my chosen spear (one unit) got wrecked by two dwarf warriors, so it seems only fair.
>>
File: 20160909123818_1.jpg (658KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909123818_1.jpg
658KB, 1920x1080px
>>154299159
Still here in my current campaign but I'm working on it
>>
File: 20160909191327_1.jpg (590KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909191327_1.jpg
590KB, 1920x1080px
Stupid bird, charging my army alone with 8hp...
>>
>>154298258
>I love random campaigns.
They are the best. I am going to go back to Ziflin now, get an army of Ironbreakers and wait for Archeon
>>
>>154299524
>So are you supposed to just avoid them enough instead of taking them on? I'm confused.
Nah but if you're underprepared like me you gotta do what you gotta do scrilla scrilla baybe
>>
File: 20160909193220_1.jpg (682KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909193220_1.jpg
682KB, 1920x1080px
>>154299664
Chaos btfo at turn 144, 4 turns after Archaon. Age of Peace two turns after.
>>
>>154299524
Chosen with gw absolutely demolish Dwarf Warriors, but I guess the legendary AI gets buffed way too much.
>>
>>154299524
you pretty much run away from everything until you can build and afford better armies
>>
>>154299847
>age of peace
>vampires exist
>>
>>154299927
>>154299991
Sorry, I already said I'm a moron. I'm playing on hard (with battle on normal). Dont h8.

I usually do run from everything but I thought by the time sarthorael comes, the game 'assumes' my army is strong enough..I only have one army since I cannot support more than one with tier 2+ units...
>>
>>154300793
But what could possibly be more peaceful than death anon? Not even the sound of breathing and heartbeats would disturb the peace.
>>
>>154300873
This may be your issue, with Chaos, you will be balls deep into the negative income, trying to stay on positive upkeep means your army will be shit
>>
File: 20160910020234_1.jpg (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910020234_1.jpg
457KB, 1920x1080px
Interesting, mousillion actually doing something other than dying. I hope they keep it up so I've got something to do in the south.
>>
>>154300873
Dude, by the time Sarthorael spawns you should be rolling in dosh. I had enough money to support an 8k deficit by then.
>>
File: Vlad_the_Handsome.jpg (132KB, 485x622px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_the_Handsome.jpg
132KB, 485x622px
Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.
>>
>>154301142
>>154301539
I should've said earlier that I do not have problems with money (have about ~60-70k) and deficit of probably 1k (close to 2k). Army composition isn't as shit, but definitely not as godly tier as sarthorael's army.

Maybe I need to step it up and get all chosen units (or whatever highest tier I can) and go broke?
>>
File: image.jpg (236KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236KB, 1440x900px
G O B L I N S
>>
>>154301142
Gotta raid to pay the bills...
>>
File: 20160524225437_1.jpg (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160524225437_1.jpg
588KB, 1920x1080px
>>154302672
You should have several units of chosen in your main army, and give the shittier units to another army. Pic related was my situation when sarthorael came to fuck stuff up. Three armies, and all had at least chaos warriors.
>>
>>154302835
Gobbers a shit
>>
>>154302948
Dang, and you got all 3 LL in there, I can barely get one unlocked before sarthorael comes into play.

I have about 5 chosen in my main army, but I only have one army since I worry too much about the money/deficit.

I guess i'll restart the campaign then. How fast do you have to be to get all 3 LLs? Or you use mod/cheat?
>>
>>154298221
Turn 200 to the short victory condition as VC, partly because Iegged Kemmler over there for quest battles and helped them out with stuff
>>
File: feetvald.jpg (120KB, 659x782px) Image search: [Google]
feetvald.jpg
120KB, 659x782px
FETCH ME MY MIRROR SHIELD
>>
File: 20160910023053_1.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910023053_1.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a race war!
>>
>>154303340
It would be interesting to see how a game would go if everyone started at war with everyone.
>>
File: 20160910023414_1.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910023414_1.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>154303340
skullsmashers rushing ahead to get wiped out
>>
File: 20160525184103_1.jpg (660KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160525184103_1.jpg
660KB, 1920x1080px
>>154303173
My way of getting all the LLs fast was starting with Archaon, building Dragon ogre gathering for Kholek after getting warriors (destroying the marauder building to lower growth cost), and then fucking around in Norsca for Sigvald. Also skilled all lords for growth to get new hordes fast, and let the newest horde raze shit for growth after the main army sacks it. You don't necessarily have to start over though, you can probably get more hordes pretty quickly and with 70k you have a comfortable buffer. You'll soon be swimming in money when you go further south, pic related.
>>
File: 20160910023820_1.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910023820_1.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
>>154303636
[hysterical laugher]
>>
>>154303278
THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT
>>
File: 1472317208369.jpg (58KB, 237x260px) Image search: [Google]
1472317208369.jpg
58KB, 237x260px
>tfw can't bring myself to play "evil" races and destroy civilisation
Guess i'll play the empire campiagn for the sixth time
>>
File: Prime_Mannlet.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Prime_Mannlet.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>154304559
Anon was weak, witness TRUE POWER
>>
>>154304559
Aside from treefuckers and High Elves, everything else is gonna be all evil from here on out too.
>>
File: 20160910024719_1.jpg (617KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910024719_1.jpg
617KB, 1920x1080px
>>154303959
Oh, du schöner weissenland..
>>
>>154304559
You should get over it. Causing mayhem and destruction is fun.
>>
File: Skull.jpg (49KB, 447x260px) Image search: [Google]
Skull.jpg
49KB, 447x260px
BRAVO CA
>>
File: 20160910025040_1.jpg (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910025040_1.jpg
498KB, 1920x1080px
>>154304751
Marienburg has a stack out of its city. I'll take it.
>>
>>154304559
Play vampire counts, start as vlad, and try to be as nice to everyone as possible until they turn on you out of their own fearful weakness
then you will be comfortable wiping them out
>>
File: 20160909140826_1.jpg (632KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909140826_1.jpg
632KB, 1920x1080px
>taken control over all the empire
>made vassels of all willing imperial states.
>now getting ready to meme on Archeon as he comes out of his stupid wasteland
>>
File: 20160909142155_1.jpg (527KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909142155_1.jpg
527KB, 1920x1080px
>>154305069
Vlad is a nice guy t'bh
>>
>>154305218
that's actually pretty impressive
>>
>>154305384
Mine has "Consuming Thirst" and "Sober" at the same time so far
Kemmler likes humans which was unexpected
>>
>>154304641
D-do not mock me!

>>154304812
Only when karak norn declares war and sacks your villages, then i don't feel bad at all when i destroy their cities.

>>154305069
i'll give it a try, thanks

>>154304812
What about lizardmen?
>>
>>154305635
Play dwarves. They are also civilized and good
>>
>>154305635
Karak Norn declared war on me really early in my empire campaign but I beat them back and eventually made them into allies, and they just ran around in reikland/marienburg dealing with norsca incursions and things like that
was comfy
Main dwarfs faction got wiped so they couldnt be condfederated
>>
>>154285539
>crusades are still buggy and shit in Crusader Kings II
>Paradox releases more buffs for norse and feminist dlc

FUCKING SJW NIGGER LOVING COUNTRYMEN RÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
>>
>>154304559
Same here

>>154304710
Tomb Kangz aren't pure evil.
Lizardmen are good
Brets too.
>>
>>154278976
Beast dick intensifies...
>>
File: 1468105048951.jpg (52KB, 297x409px) Image search: [Google]
1468105048951.jpg
52KB, 297x409px
Which faction has the hardest starting position in Rome II?

Which faction has the hardest starting position in Attila?
>>
>>154306556

Epirus
WRE
>>
>>154304751
Mein bruder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-zdHMNFNM
>>
>>154306194
Stop reminding me of CK2 and its viking fetish, I'm getting angry at the memory of it.
>>
>>154304751
>>154306746
SOLDAT FUCK OFF AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Germans are what you get when you mix Neanderthals and Slavs
>>
File: 20160505180413_1.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160505180413_1.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
What is the best game for removing Kebab?

Atilla, Rome, Rome 2, or Empire?
>>
>>154305218
Out of curiosity, do vassals get their AI bonus? (at least the public order one)
>>
So I just picked up Medieval 2: Total War.

On disk.

Without the DLCs.

But hey, at least it only cost £3. Time to find a torrent I guess.
>>
>>154307538
You can use the CD key to redeem a copy on steam.
>>
>>154305784
>Trusting Karak Norn
I see you enjoy living on the edge...
>>
>>154307464
Probably Medieval 2 with a modsie wodsie
>>
>>154307616
They're usually good allies once you've shown them who's boss in my experience.
>>
File: 1470464992247.jpg (33KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1470464992247.jpg
33KB, 321x333px
>>154306746
>tfw everyone in that video is probably dead

I can't wait to kill krauts a third time.
>>
>>154307575

That's fucking magical. I'll try it right now.
>>
>>154307503
Yep, they get the public order one. Id imagine they would get the morale buffs aswell.

Another fun thing about Vassals is that if you and your vassal both own separate parts of the same province, it counts as you owning the whole province and you can still issue and commandment for it.
>>
>>154303658
Sacking gets you 42k, wtf? I guess I'll try and keep going then. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>154307616
Ziflin are the real shitters
they apparently were the vassals of lyonesse who were my vassals and they declared war on me somehow through all of that
>>
>>154307575

Okay, in theory, if I just copy over everything in my regular Medieval 2 game folder to my Common steam Library then fix the installation it'll take half as long, right?
>>
>>154308057
If it's a rich/high level city and you have the right followers etc. then yes, you can get over 40k. I'm pretty sure I got even more from some cities (50-60k), but I don't have pics. At one point I had 1,3 million from sacking when I was going for the long victory. I probably should have stopped sacking before then and just razed.
>>
>>154303278
>>154304396
>>
2 thinga would make me reinstall the game

>Bretonnia
>Wood Elves

So, when will they get here?
>>
>>154308681
month or two.
>>
>>154308681
Two months I expect. They might wedge in something minor between them though, so perhaps 3 months.
>>
>>154308681
>reinstall
There are people that uninstall games?
>>
>>154308962
Yea. If I haven't played a game in years, I'll uninstall it until the urge hits me to play it.

There are staples I won't uninstall though. I still have Shogun 2 kicking around.
>>
>>154309370
>Total Warhammer came out years ago
Damn, I feel old.
>>
File: PM2912129POLITICS-Europe-1.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
PM2912129POLITICS-Europe-1.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
>its a Vampire lord quest has you deploy a hero half way across the world episode
>>
>>154309493
>Yesterday was 10 years ago

What the fuck
>>
>>154309370
I have games I haven't played since before I got this computer installed, and I've only ever uninstalled games I know I will never play again. As a consequence I have about 1.5GB of games installed.
>>
>>154308153
>Ziflin
They are the biggest bros ever.
>>
>>154309586
>This morning was last millennium
This meme tho...
>>
>>154309534
funny isnt it?
>>
So i need to start a new game to get all the Dogs of War, Flagellants and shit?
>>
>2v2
>playing beastmen vs greenskin and empires
>pick 3 greatweapon centigor and a poison dire wolf pack
>vanguard deploy on edge of their flank
>instantly snipe two groups of orc boy big uns trading the dire wolves
>host alt+f4s
>>
>>154309534
Mannfreds is the worst, but the others arent so bad
you just need to make sure you keep your hero in the pillar of bone for stage 2
>>
File: just let the sea take me.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
just let the sea take me.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>154309534
>it's the third re-run this week
>>
File: jippie.jpg (500KB, 1651x927px) Image search: [Google]
jippie.jpg
500KB, 1651x927px
Welp!

It took me 231 turns but I finally finished the Dwarf campaign on VH difficulty.

the early game was probably the hardest part of it all. Having to fight back several orc tribes when you can only afford to have about 1 and a half stacks.
I was very prepared for the bjornling invasion so it wasn't a problem what so ever. Archaon and Bird were a nuisance though.

Ironbrakers are op

Fuck Tilea
>>
File: thegoldenone.jpg (564KB, 1871x890px) Image search: [Google]
thegoldenone.jpg
564KB, 1871x890px
>>
>>154310158
>Over 200 turns
>VH
>SCW
Really not trying to steal your thunder here mate, but thats just sad.
>>
>>154310158
The dwarf campaign is way shorter if you rush north fast, to take the two gold-mines there. They will fund at least another army, which will let you take the third gold mine in the south, and so on. That will also put you in a position to kick Archaons ass as soon as he arrives.
>>
>>154291246
>someone in /twg/ speaking logically
it's... so beautiful..
>>
>>154310298
haha holocaust jokes guise

>>>/pol/
>>
>>154310298
Please don't post that roided sperg here. It's bad enough that people post him on /fit/.
>>
>>154310581
It's too bad they've stopped selling lottery tickets today.
>>
>>154293460
>played over 240 hours
>only fully finished 1 campaign
>never played greenskins or chaos and don't own beastmen
casuals these days
>>
>>154310490
I was forced to turtle at around turn 150 because of the chaos invasion, then I couldn't get under 9 grudginess meter because of a tilean army that attacked me way earlier in the game and that grudge was now worth 10 grudginess. So I had to chase down a tilean army on the other side of the world with the good ol' fashion forced march until they got to a corner.
About 40-50 turns was wasted on chasing armies that wronged me because dwarfs just can't fucking chill out a bit.
>>
>>154311014
>So I had to chase down a tilean army on the other side of the world with the good ol' fashion forced march until they got to a corner.
The agent ability "Block Army" is your friend
>>
>>154310554
My dawi brethren had the north under control and the greenskins never confederated north. I only really went north after I killed archaon.
>>
>>154311118
You should confederate north the first chance you get desu.
>>
>>154311282
my dawi brethren hated me with a fucking passion
>>
Since Dark Elf mechanic will be reave and piracy

What will High Elven mechanic be?
>>
>>154309750
I've been considering getting another HDD just so I can leave more games on it. I have like 80 GB left on my hard drive and games only seem to be going up on taking memory.
>>
>win 3 battles in a row
>game crashes

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M ON LEGENDARY
>>
>>154311924
But doesn't it save after every battle on legendary? I seem to remember that it does.
>>
>>154311631
High Elves can traverse the old world through secret "High Elf Ways", or "Highways" for short, for a small toll.
>>
>>154312142
Not sure, it was 3 battles during the enemy's turn. It's loading again but albeit fucking slowly.
>>
File: ARCH-chaon.png (31KB, 376x443px) Image search: [Google]
ARCH-chaon.png
31KB, 376x443px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3lITXinfCQ

So hows radious with the new units?
>>
>>154311631
Propably something to do with having to fill a smug bar
>>
>>154312362
I saw Radious at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Mercenary Roman Dwarf camel riders (artillery) in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the units and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each unit and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>154309750
>I have about 1.5GB of games installed.
That's less than nothing man, my reaction folder is bigger than that
>>
why isn't there any warhammer sfm
>>
>>154309852
Yes for the Regiments of Renown (just why?) and Legendary Lords

No for anything else
>>
File: total_mixed.jpg (45KB, 339x381px) Image search: [Google]
total_mixed.jpg
45KB, 339x381px
>>
>>154313025
HOW CAN CA RECOVER FROM THIS?
>>
>>154312708
I obviously meant to write TB. 1.5GB is less than one game. Also, how many reaction pics do you even have?! Going by the average size in my folder that should equal almost 3000 pics.
>>
>>154313025
Beastmen was bad but grim and grave was just fine save a few spots being rough around the edges, I dont see what the issue is
>>
>>154312142
>>154312326
Well it crashed anyway but at least I only have to fight one battle again.
>>
>>154313191
It was obvious, but I just wanted to mess with you :^)

I realized I lied, I got about 2.5 GB, 9k+ files, 60+ folders, please send help
>>
>>154313471
Holy shit, that's a lot of pics. I only have about 2GB of 4chan pics total, with about 1.8k pics.
That's not including the porn folder with 3k+ pics though
>>
File: memes.png (20KB, 368x451px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
20KB, 368x451px
>>154313191
i have so many memes i need to archive them to save space
>>
Just got off the phone with my mummy who works at CA, the next Historical is gonna be set in Southeast Asia!
>>
>>154313858
What. The. Fuck. I don't believe it.
>>
>>154313832
>downloading porn pics
kek

>>154313858
Now that's impressive
>>
>>154313958
blow her a kiss from me and tell her I'm sorry that I'll be late tomorrow night
>>
>>154314006
How else would I sort and catalogue them so I can fap to exactly what I want? Some of them are also incredibly hard to find.
>>
File: znarf_franz.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
znarf_franz.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>154313858
Not gonna lie, that shit's impressive
>>
Though other races desperately need attention, it'd be cool in the future if all the elector-counts of the Empire were all unique with their own traits and models. The only way to unlock each elector-count would be to confederate but it wouldn't be necessary for them to be already mustered (like now).

It's pretty cool already having Todbringer available.
>>
>>154313858
>tfw that's more than half of my hdd
Now that's a grudging.
>>
File: memes.png (79KB, 751x873px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
79KB, 751x873px
>>154313858
have a look inside
>>
>>154313858
>tfw my meme folder is barely 100mb
>>
>>154314845
>tfw lost all my maymays a year ago in an HDD wipe
>>
>>154314845
>he downloaded the pepe folder
Absolute madman!
>>
>>154313858
none of mine are organized but I have about 60 gigaboots only, probably more somewhere else
>>
>>154314978
iktfb. I lost all my pre-2009 pics in a HDD-sudoku.
>>
>talking about a fucking folder full of maymays
The fuck is the matter with you bastards

Kislev desperately needs to be a playable race. It's not as if there isn't any models to base them from. Also why the fuck is baldy-beard cunt the faction leader? Where is Ice Bitch Katarina?
>>
>karak eight peaks
>actually has eight peaks

I'm impressed.
>>
File: 1460192629750.png (420KB, 984x984px) Image search: [Google]
1460192629750.png
420KB, 984x984px
>>154315418
you can have one of my memes from my smug anime girl folder for free
>>
File: image.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>154313858
Send them all to Grace. There's no way she'll be able to refuse.
>>
>>154315536

I love a good ebin meme like the rest of you but at least post Total War maymays.
>>
>>154315536
I prefer confused_anime_girls_with_question_marks
>>
File: 1444599425496.jpg (55KB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
1444599425496.jpg
55KB, 640x333px
>waiting for bretonnia to be released as a full faction
>>
>>154315621
this suave gentleman knows how to treat the ladies!

follow his advice!
>>
>>154315629
I don't have too many of that sadly

>>154315642
this i have plenty of
>>
File: pontus.jpg (2MB, 9999x5333px) Image search: [Google]
pontus.jpg
2MB, 9999x5333px
>>
File: 1459345602768.png (183KB, 1690x838px) Image search: [Google]
1459345602768.png
183KB, 1690x838px
>>154315902
>this i have plenty of
post them all, or at least the best ones
>>
>>154315536

can you post some wojaks or some zimmerframes

maybe a good fresh and slunky total war meme
>>
>>154315621
Grace doesn't like our memes. Just accept it.
>>
who here got the largest /twwh/ folder? i got me 52.
>>
File: Empire.jpg (157KB, 884x652px) Image search: [Google]
Empire.jpg
157KB, 884x652px
>>154315629
are bears fine?
>>
>>154316072

Spurdo is gud :DDDd
>>
File: 1460736913040.jpg (71KB, 393x528px) Image search: [Google]
1460736913040.jpg
71KB, 393x528px
>>154316025
sure thing, friendo
>>
File: plague monk.png (2MB, 976x884px) Image search: [Google]
plague monk.png
2MB, 976x884px
Bad rats faction when
>>
File: 1468190194291.png (43KB, 808x690px) Image search: [Google]
1468190194291.png
43KB, 808x690px
>>154316072
bears are always fine

>>154316243
cheers
>>
File: dawi bear.png (38KB, 849x670px) Image search: [Google]
dawi bear.png
38KB, 849x670px
>>154316072
Is there an elf bear? We are going to need one now that wood elfs are coming

heres a dawi bear
>>
Factions that will never be available

>lizardmen
>skaven
>border princes
>kislev
>norsca
>chaos dwarves
>dogs of war
>araby
>hobgoblin warbands
>albion

All this wasted potential.
>>
File: aoba_reads_a_new_game_thread.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aoba_reads_a_new_game_thread.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>154316404
I made this meme myself, I'm quite proud of it! Remember to credit me when you use this meme.
>>
>>154316607
>Not praise the Ancestor Gods
YOU HAD ONE JOB
>>
>>154316342
>>154316612
I'm 90% sure that they'll make a skaven DLC
>>
File: 1466281497063.jpg (112KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1466281497063.jpg
112KB, 853x543px
>>154316845
How about a Mannlet/VC one then
>>
>>154317146
hehe I'll share one from my pasta folder

Hark brethren, here is our man, repeating once more his special plan, to tell us all again the tale, of his hate for the short bald male. A jester surely this man is, to repeat such a tale as this, over and again, we are all awed, I swear to this upon my God. In my mind’s eye I near almost see, the pallid ox-like frame of thee, lit only by a single stream, leaking from your computer’s screen. And you guffaw like the village fool, as you type in your thread, so cool, and attach to it a portrait framed, and password type as it is named. Or perhaps password you need not type, as so pathetic are your stripes, that you have paid away those dues, and need a picture only choose. And what a funny portrait too, that man whose height dwarves all, who makes you erupt with laughter now, as you spill your food upon the ground. But for the mess you worry not, as your mother with your toilet pot, will surely in the morning clean, and take away your filth obscene. Your mother, who in lonely nights, cries her heart out to see the sight, of her wasted, long since grown up son, whose skin ne’er sees the light of sun, as all he does is repeat his stale and oh so clever funny tale, till count of it is off the scale, of the tale of the short bald male. These nights she pictures what could have been, her inmost hopes, her now crushed dreams, of you achieving greatness wide, not chained to your PC inside. And with you now she cannot speak, tears of sadness stain her cheeks, as when you are not beating your meat, this tale is all that you repeat, How could your mother you so mistreat? Once in her eyes a boy so sweet, with golden hair and frame petite, now a lowly, petty, Mannfred NEET.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (39KB, 378x488px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
39KB, 378x488px
>>154313972
>He isn't an expert memer.
>>
File: Archaeon Fixd.png (96KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
Archaeon Fixd.png
96KB, 853x640px
>>
File: 1452515981697.png (346KB, 816x785px) Image search: [Google]
1452515981697.png
346KB, 816x785px
>>154317291
>273 folders
>>
Excellent memes mein Freunde, share more!
>>
File: slayer oath.png (24KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
slayer oath.png
24KB, 853x543px
>>154316607
None that I know of
>>
File: 1472125771402.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1472125771402.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>154313025
>CAs face
>>
>>154317463
I like to organise.
>>
>>154316607
>Trees ain't free. The glades of Athel Loren gotta be littered with the blood of trespassers. Phoenix King Finubar aka "KEK KING" is not my Lord. He is a human lover and probably Beastman as well :DD. KURNOUS and ISHA and not ASURYAN and KHAINE ok. Praise spring.
>>
File: 1450369755452.jpg (334KB, 1200x1942px) Image search: [Google]
1450369755452.jpg
334KB, 1200x1942px
rolling
>>
>>154317463
;_;
>>
>>154319907
Look up here, man,
I'm in heaven
>>
>>154299524
> spear vs melee infantry
> 2 of them
> why did i loose guys ? lol

try heavy weapons or regular chosens next time.
>>
>>154320134
i've got scars, that can't be seen
>>
Kemmler, Ahzag or Gelt for worst hero?
>>
>>154316612
>Lizardmen
>Skaven

These two are guaranteed to be playable.

>Chaos Dwarfs
Also very likely

>Dogs of War
Otherwise known as the regiments of renown are directly referenced with the new mercenary system. There's going to be more added and CA have purposely left it open to modding so the community can add units.

>Araby
>Kislev
>Norsca

Now these are tragic losses.
>>
>>154321398
Kemmler imo. At least the other two offer something you can't get anywhere else, while Kemmler is worse than a normal necromancer.
>>
>>154321398
Who the fuck is azhzag?
>>
>>154321364
I've got drama, can't be stolen.
>>
>>154321495
>Kislev
>tragic loss

>Chaos manlets
>not

hahaha no
>>
The wise and honorable Prometheus does not let up with his valuable criticisms of TWW
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?739613-What-could-get-Warhammer-a-10-10-Score-!
>>
>>154321895

>1 Reimplement the features stripped from the battle modes that were present in earlier titles
>2 Implement the Multiplayer game system with career, formations of army and a whole roleplay thing like it was in Shogun II
>3 make better graphics and more interesting landscapes that are somewhat subpar if compared to previous titles ( a good example here are Arena maps)
>4 Add back the real castle system with proper sieges in battle modes and not just plain flat maps or one single side castle wall.
>5 Better diplomacy with more options , like exchange territory , lend units, offer prisoners as ransom and so on.
>6 Eventually Sea battles.

He has a point.
>>
>>154321495
>Otherwise known as the regiments of renown
Nope, those lame-ass reskins are not Dogs of War

>CA have purposely left it open to modding so the community can add units.
That is complete bullshit, adding a single RoR makes your mod completely incompatible with any
>faction unlocker mod
>LL starting position mod
>Tweak to starting units
>Any mod that edits the startpos file
On top of being hidden in a dark corner on a file you'd never check for "generic mercenaries"
>>
Greenskins initiating a siege battle against Castle Drakenhof held by the Empire.

The imperial province of Sylvania is currently being ruled by the military governor and arch-lector Gunther the Scarred.
>>
So, I'm running through my first Medieval 2 campaign whilst I wait for it to install on Steam so I have Kingdoms and I can break it with mods.

Baring in mind this is my first Total War since Rome back when I was a wee little kiddy, who do I play? England, Spain, France, Holy Romey or Venice?
>>
>>154321895
>the last games produced are really bad , historically

Wut? Most of the newer games(excluding warhammer) are way more historical than the older games. Rome 1 is almost fantasy and Medieval 2 got no detail. His reviews and verdicts is a big clusterfuck.
>>
>>154321656
everybody knows me now
>>
>>154322998
It doesn't matter, just pick your favorite nation

And remember, Milan are the best possible allies! best location, trustworthy trait and lot's of gold, get an alliance with them ASAP
>>
>>154322998
HRE for varied early enemies

Spain for a different set of varied early enemies.
>>
i just wish christopher lee was still alive lads
>>
>>154323348
He's in a better place now.

If only we should be so lucky.
>>
>>154323348

christopher lee dlc for medieval 2 when
>>
>>154323348
they could get him to do a voice in total war
if it was for warhammer I'd say Arkhan the Black
>>
File: brendanfraser2.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
brendanfraser2.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>>154323592
>>
File: spurdaon.jpg (159KB, 901x685px) Image search: [Google]
spurdaon.jpg
159KB, 901x685px
>>154317703
Elfs are pretty lame desu
>>
File: aasen.jpg (24KB, 250x286px) Image search: [Google]
aasen.jpg
24KB, 250x286px
>>154323348
>He didn't voice Charlemagne
>He didn't voice in Warhammer
>>
File: Arch.jpg (175KB, 1500x2072px) Image search: [Google]
Arch.jpg
175KB, 1500x2072px
>>154288569
I find it very addicting in the same way a cuckold enjoys prepping a bull.

It's fucking brutal and the game could give less shits about the AI cheating.
>>
>>154321398
>>154321624
Kemmler needs to be able to go ethereal / fly. They should just do the same thing they did with the black coach, one ability puts both on cooldown, but with the cooldown and duration equal.
>>
File: Athel Loren.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Athel Loren.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
Athel Loren canonically is a land that has a tenuous relation with space and time. It is much vaster than it appears on a map and yet, through the whims of the forest, it is possible to enter and find yourself leaving immediately from the other side.

Similarly, what you perceive as a mere day inside the woods can be a century outside it.

It is precisely because of this special relationship with the dimensions of time and space that 2D waifus are able to live there. They are locked in struggle against the brutal 3D wageslavery of the outside world, and the unquestionable best faction.
>>
File: 20160909222648_1.jpg (804KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909222648_1.jpg
804KB, 1920x1080px
Can i do it lads!?
>>
>>154322081
Not really though. Not a whole lot was stripped from battle modes, nobody gives a flying shit about MP, the graphics are better than they ever were, as are the landscapes, sieges are better than previous titles, diplomacy will never be good, ever, and sea battles can go suck a fat one
>>
File: 20160909230332_1.jpg (833KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909230332_1.jpg
833KB, 1920x1080px
>>154324776
aw man.....there was nothing i could do against all those devil archers.....what the fuck i have no counter to this.
>>
>>154324925
>sieges are better than previous titles
I too love my single walls, nothing screams "strategy" than rushing all your dudes to the walls with magic ladders while gatling towers keep firing at your troops D-Day style

Sieges fucking suck in this game, they are not only a bore, the AI is still as horrible as it has always been
>>
>>154325285
It's not perfect but it's better than sieges in previous titles.
>>
>>154324776
Webm related is the response to this.
>>
>>154322998
I just started a medieval 2 campaign the other day. I've been playing as France, and while there's a lot of rebel lands around for the taking, and it's been easy to expand, I also share a direct border with Britain, Spain, the Holy Roman Empire and Milan. Anyone of them could decide to attack at any moment so you end up worrying about a lot of fronts. My saving grace was sending my princess along over to Italy early on, making trade deals along the way until she met with the pope and got an alliance.
>>
>>154325782
Thanks for reminding me I need to finish this, Cao Cao's actor is so fucking good its unreal
>>
>>154325782

What's that lads?
>>
File: hero__s_call_by_daarken-d4bc7ul.jpg (212KB, 900x1018px) Image search: [Google]
hero__s_call_by_daarken-d4bc7ul.jpg
212KB, 900x1018px
Hot babe bright wizards when?
>>
>>154325285
>I too love my single walls, nothing screams "strategy" than rushing all your dudes to the walls with magic ladders while gatling towers keep firing at your troops D-Day style

aka sieges in every Total War game, ever.
>>
>>154319074
rollin
>>
>>154326836
I like the sieges in shogun 2 and warhammer simply because they are fast paced and they work. Warhammer gets a extra point by it being harder to cheese enemy stacks when defending.

Attila's unwalled siege battles are also good.
>>
File: antiochus template.png (663KB, 780x600px) Image search: [Google]
antiochus template.png
663KB, 780x600px
>>
>>154325581
>What is Attila?
>>
>>154323348
Go and shed the blood of Saxon men. You'd be making him proud
>>
>>154327535
No.
>>
>>154327817
>tfw am a Saxon man
looks like i'm off to meet Chris
>>
>>154292017
>>154292031
thanks guys currently spamming ligh wizards and the net i Amazing. Also got the grim grave luminark to get extra webs. Works wonders. can't afford steam tanks yet though

>>154292171
eh it's fine actually. the problem is the Campaign map part. Have to make sure I don't get gangbanged by several factions and manage enemy heroes etc also economic management is essential
>>
I'm actually pretty tired so I'll probably start my Medieval campaign tomorrow. I played about in skirmish and it's pretty fun though. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1435015178769.png (42KB, 813x520px) Image search: [Google]
1435015178769.png
42KB, 813x520px
>>154316607
>>
File: 1422296563952.png (152KB, 280x250px) Image search: [Google]
1422296563952.png
152KB, 280x250px
>September 2016
>there are people that are not using Vlad faction leader mod for Vampire Counts
>>
I hope Malus Darkblade is a leader for the Dark Elves when they're released.
>>
File: 1472710456100.png (298KB, 853x537px) Image search: [Google]
1472710456100.png
298KB, 853x537px
>>154330554
>>
I really like Attila, I think it's the best TW

Shame about the review bombing on steam, it makes me angry
>>
What other generals do you visit /twg/?

>/mbg/
>/xcg/
>>
File: ck1.jpg (11KB, 148x162px) Image search: [Google]
ck1.jpg
11KB, 148x162px
>>154334120
/gsg/
>>
2 Questions for Warhammer.

1. What's the build priority? Is the home province your military centre for all recruitment?
2. Whats the best army setup for all races?

Oh and does the "Low tax rate for small empires, High tax rate for large ones" rule still apply?
>>
>>154335318

Build priority is get shit that has tier 3 max in minor settlements like baracks, second building in minor settlement is always the guard post so you can upgrade it immediately to walls ahen you get to tier 3, at leadt one growth building and one money

city should have public order until you stabilize, greenakins cities should always have the -corruption+order main chain building
>>
>>154283064

>total war is dead, isn't it?

you literally just answered your own question. Theres two more warhammer games coming, plus dlc, not including the historical stuff in the making.

its obviously not dead if they're still churning out products, but that was a decent attempt at being passive aggressive about a topic you don't enjoy
>>
File: 1439262401654.gif (884KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1439262401654.gif
884KB, 480x270px
>>154336460
>replying to such obvious bait
>>
I'm tempted to try a pike and shot campaign

Nothing but spearmen, arquebus and mortars/cannons

Should I restrict myself to no swordsmen/greatswords/crossbowmen?
Also I'm not going to progress my generals past barded warhorse mount and no magicians whatsoever, only empire captains

only abilities I'm going to pick are orders like hold the line
>>
>>154336864

>nig-posting

for shame
>>
>>154337095

Also I'm not sure if the rocket battery and free company militia would be accurate
>>
Are there any 'Unique' factions in R2?

or is it all barbar, g-reeks, roman & eastern?
>>
>>154339170
Is that a FAL?
>>
>>154333993
Agreed. After playing a couple of Warhammer campaigns Attila seems far less frustrating in comparison.
>>
>>154326290
Based Chow Yun Fat
>>
>>154339739
looks like a FAMAS to me sir
>>
>look away from my Vampire for a second as a manege a cavalry charge
>look back, she is ded
I can not get used to how fast combat is in this game t'bh.

Anyway, is Nobunaga's crisis good?
>>
>>154339170
they're all humans if that's what you're asking
>>
>>154333993
>Worst selling TW game
>Literally a stop gap and testing ground for current and future warhammer mechanics
>Unoptimised

CA completely abandoned it.
>>
File: 2016-02-09_00001.jpg (264KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09_00001.jpg
264KB, 1360x768px
>>154342131
Which is all a shame because it really is a good game.
>>
File: 1470978766574.jpg (972KB, 1280x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1470978766574.jpg
972KB, 1280x1004px
>>154342505
>Atilla Cav Charges

Yeah its aight fuck cav charges they suck
>>
>>154337095
Also halberdiers. You can use some cavalry. Cannons works best.
>>
Is there anything worse than AI forced March?
>>
File: 1461613576217.png (64KB, 489x460px) Image search: [Google]
1461613576217.png
64KB, 489x460px
Playing as Ghorst, is it better to tarpit with zombies or use them to flank?
t. non-understander of strategy
>>
Am I blind or is there no way to see enemy vigor in warhammer?
>>
File: 1470489603458.jpg (11KB, 186x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470489603458.jpg
11KB, 186x270px
>>154344883
Even when maximally buffed (red skill tree; never bothered with their tech desu), zombies can't deal damage for shit. Use them to tie up dangerous/high value enemy units, fully expecting them to die in the process. Don't count on them to hold a line, but use them to buy the time needed to form one
>>
File: 1460680562429.png (19KB, 462x320px) Image search: [Google]
1460680562429.png
19KB, 462x320px
>+10% Research Follower drops from first fight as ghorst
>Its agent only
>>
>>154346010
You get a necromancer on that Hel Fenn pt2 battle?

That one's for all VC lords right? I got it when I played Vlad.
>>
>>154346590
Yep
>>
>>154289603
If he didn't want the license to be used then he could say no at any time. Instead he shills it out then complains about 'muh heritage'.

Shadow of Mordor was good though.
>>
File: BxCz0EM.jpg (79KB, 843x960px) Image search: [Google]
BxCz0EM.jpg
79KB, 843x960px
Watched Rome again and now I want to provide true Roman bread for true Romans.

What mods should I get to compliment Divide Et Impera.
>>
>>154349314
>shills it out
the last time he shilled it out was to PJ for the origiinal trilogy.
He stopped it after that time.
SOM took a big steaming dump on tolkien.
>>
>>154346010
so how high does the research rate go on ghorst without followers anyway?
>>
wizard building or warrior priest building for Empire in TWW
>>
>>154349691
Starts with +10%, gets a skill for another +10%, I pretty sure its 20% total reduction, but fuck if I know
>>
Is there anything more satisfying than pumping out silver level recruits thanks to Empire Captains?
>>
I'm trying to play M2 but it's just not that good, the units are so unresponsive and a lot of them just loiter even when commanded to attack.
I can't play Attila unless I lower the graphic so low that I might as well play M2 my specs aren't even that bad
>>
>>154349587
Radious
>>
>>154350874
I hate that personally. I like feeling like my units have been through hell and back, again and again to earn their shiny triangles.
>>
>>154351026
M2 has certainly failed to age well in a lot of aspects. The charges are still annoying. I don't feel the clunky controls are too negative of an issue though.
Unless you're on a settlement map. The amount of invisible walls along with not allowing enough room to place units reasonably results in fighting the map, not the enemy.
>>
File: 1471661764611.jpg (11KB, 275x142px) Image search: [Google]
1471661764611.jpg
11KB, 275x142px
>>154351323
>Not maximizing efficiency
Get a load of this Umgi
>>
>>154351474
M2 has the best charges of the series.
>>
File: Garithos.webm (3MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Garithos.webm
3MB, 1440x900px
>>154351717
Oh, I do. But recruiting new units only happens ever so often, and units gain experience incredibly easily to begin with.

>>154352791
Yes. When they work.
>>
>>154352791
Nah Warhammer has better
>>
>>154353040
+0.5 cents
>>
any comfy or good learning campaigns on youtube?
>>
>>154352791
It has some of the absolute worst. Did we play a different game?
>>
>>154353956
Must be. You're probably playing that medieval mod for warscape engine.
>>
>>154354018
I would have much rather spent my time playing that mod for sure, but unfortunately I was most definitely playing Medieval 2. It's charges some how manage to be both lack luster and comically bad.
>>
File: 1455285556884.jpg (11KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
1455285556884.jpg
11KB, 200x237px
>>154354264
>>
File: 1444793622480.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1444793622480.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>154354453
I most definitely am not. Troops are not displaced by the charge, but instead a few models are thrown 10 feet straight in the air. Like I said, comical, yet awful.
>>
File: attilacharge.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
attilacharge.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>154354618
That's because units have weight. Those that fly die. They don't get back up and fight again.
>>
>>154354761
That doesn't make any sense. They have weight so they fly 10 feet straight up in the air like a cartoon character?
>>
>>154349587
Ancient empires for Atilla.
>>
>>154355061
They have weight so if something is capable of doing that it kills them instantly.
>>
>>154355061
Stop taking his bait.

Either hes trolling or a actual idiot, either way not worth your time.
>>
>>154355061
I'd post a webm of someone being hit by a car and flying offscreen but the filesize to too big.
>>
>>154356204
The point of impact on a car is your legs. The point of impact for a horse is your chest.
>>
>>154304559
me too
>>
File: not bracing = dead.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
not bracing = dead.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>154354618
attila > med2 desu
>>
File: 1473132508392.png (409KB, 417x552px) Image search: [Google]
1473132508392.png
409KB, 417x552px
>>154352947
He did nothing wrong
>>
>>154357457
You cut out the part where they got back up
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>154357504
>>
>>154357634
those are low tier swordsmen, they are dead senpai, you can tell by the way some of the horses twitch a little
>>
>>154357982
I can tell by the way the bodies pivot on the ground to track the horses that they're still alive.
>>
File: _.jpg (390KB, 1239x927px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
390KB, 1239x927px
Does anyone have any idea why I don't have any Intrigue options on some of my characters? I can't get half of my characters to marry, assassinate etc
>>
File: 20160910145445_1.jpg (725KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910145445_1.jpg
725KB, 1920x1080px
What's going on with the units in the back? None of them have winged helmets.
>>
>>154359261
its a bug, sometimes it goes away if you recruit him as a general/admiral/governor or give him an office

sometimes it never goes away
>>
>>154337196
The politically correct term is gorposting.
>>
>>154357895
He objectively did nothing wrong
>>
>>154324508

Nah, just make it a toggle where you can only have one activated at a time, that's basically how it works on the tabletop.
>>
Is 4chan kill?
>>
>>154363815
Not for me.
>>
>>154354618

Holy shit this looks awful

How did the M2 has good charges meme even start?
>>
>>154359275
it's because the barbute helmet mod use the one from the vampire counts, and when you dezoom, it's replaced by low-quality version that only have 1 variant (with wings)
>>
>>154364185
Never ever underestimate a nostalgiafags rose tinted glasses.
>>
>>154364185
>How did the M2 has good charges meme even start?
mostly nostalgia, its the same reason why people deny many of the apparent flaws of med2 and even pretend that some of them are features
>>
I'm playing Napoleon for the first time and I noticed that all the historical battles have voiced cutscenes/advice except Waterloo which has no voice acting but subtitles instead. Was it just rushed or did I mess something up?
>>
>>154365018

I don't remember honestly
>>
>>154334120
/civ4xg/
/aosg/
/40krpgg/
/wfg/
/bigen/
>>
how the fuck do you play Tanukhids
>>
>>154365885
I'd like to know this also.

You burn a settlement or two and suddenly the Byzantines have 3 doomstacks on your dick, and the Sassanids decided to DoW you too.
>>
>>154293345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dJX8oCDQPk
seems appropiate
>>
>>154366085
run through Egypt towards Iberia, also your camels that you can get very early on are extremely strong, and so are the improved pikes
>>
File: 1471741949113.png (161KB, 281x322px) Image search: [Google]
1471741949113.png
161KB, 281x322px
>>
File: skell.gif (477KB, 446x338px) Image search: [Google]
skell.gif
477KB, 446x338px
>tomb kings one day
>>
File: asdsaf.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
asdsaf.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>154367136
>>
File: G O B B O G.jpg (140KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
G O B B O G.jpg
140KB, 1440x900px
>>154302835
>>
>>154367545
>yfw you will lose interest in video games and move on when its released
>>
File: 1457597341746.png (176KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1457597341746.png
176KB, 1024x576px
>>154367817
>dont forget you are here forever
>>
File: 1462515638635.jpg (39KB, 252x368px) Image search: [Google]
1462515638635.jpg
39KB, 252x368px
>>154367545
They are DLC 8 according to the dlc leak buy the russians, so provided that CA keeps that schedule and considering that wood elves are DLC 5 they should be released around December/January

And what better way to spread the christmas spirit than conquering inferior kingdoms as Settra or fucking up the vamps as Khalida because honestly the other kangs are literal whos
>>
>>154367970
They'll need to take more time with non-horde faction DLC I think. Especially making cities and such. Assuming they don't just make everything a horde faction.
>>
>>154367817
>The completed TWWH trilogy will be the greatest series of strategy games ever made.
>It'll be £300+

Feelsbadman
>>
>>154368178
Yeah propably, but I assume they have different teams working alongside each other making them, thats why they released beasties and G&G first, and the other lord packs between releases, in order to buy time for the harder to represent factions.
>>
>>154365087

Can someone explain this kind of shitposting to me, please?
>>
>>154368228

Might end up with a reasonable sale... maybe 80% off in ten years.
>>
>>154368486
no one cant honestly
>>
>>154334120
only /kfg/
I don't play much vidya apart from total war games and killing floor these days. guess i'm getting old.
>>
>>154339170
How's Carthage suit ya? Also sillykids have probably the biggest unit variety in the whole game. Egypt is also a bit different. Iberian barbars arent much like the celtic barbars either, so yeah, there is a bit. It's just that the unique ones are generally shit compared to Rome and Hellenes.
>>
>>154339170
Nomads have an unique playstyle. Odrysians are also quite different same goes for iceni.
>>
>>154325782
What show/movie?
>>
Fuck I need that medieval mod for Attila bad.
>>
File: 1472832493246.jpg (167KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1472832493246.jpg
167KB, 531x471px
>steam community down
>can't update my mods
>>
teeweegee
>>
File: 1420690406167.png (292KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1420690406167.png
292KB, 512x384px
>>154371772
>>
>>154371251
what mod?
>>
>ancient empires still not released
>>
KARL FRANZ

WHAT A ZOGGIN' LOSER
>>
>no Rise of Islam dlc for Ashilla
>>
>>154374182
Wait for medieval 3
>>
>>154288560
>that one guy facing the wrong way
>>
>>154374182
its too haram, CA headquarters would get bomber or something, the bumhurt would be too much
>>
>>154374454
im sure there would be sunni/shiafags fighting over who got represented properly
>>
>>154374182
Yeah a shame really

>tfw no total war banter between yazdegerd the 3. and omar
>>
>>154374454
Didnt some game represent mohammeds speeches in form of letters? I think this way it should be ok
>>
>>154359275
I really dislike how the Empire variation mod adds kettle helmets and flat top helmets to the Empire. This shit doesn't fit; they are 13th century helmets.
>>
>>154375035
never heard of any game doing that, the point is there would be an incredible shit storm if any of the key early figures in islam were represented in the game, meaning CA would have to move the events at least 100-200 years forward, and then whats the fucking point?
>>
>>154375129
which one?
The one I use doesn't have those.
>>
>>154375336
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742323834&searchtext=

This one. I like that the mod tries to differentiate between the factions, but some of the equipment looks unfitting for the Empire. Kettle hats, Flattop hats, missing helmets and random hoods make no sense to me.
>>
>>154374454
Nah its quite easy

>mini campaign about the last and most brutal war between byzantines and sassys with islamic invasion at a specific date coming from the arabian deserts
>>
>>154375537
Yes, invasion from the Rashidun Caliphate
>>
>>154333993
>Shame about the review bombing on steam, it makes me angry
could say the same thing about Warhammer.
>>
>>154375491
the empire doesn't have uniform arms and armor.
the rich provinces are kitted out with fancy time period appropriate gear, while the poorer ones use a mixture of hand me down equipment and everyday wear.
>>
>>154376806
I still need to see models/artwork of Empire troops wearing this stuff.
>>
What mods do you guys recommend?

I think I'll look for something that randomizes how skeleton troops walk. They look like legos.
>>
>>154377327
you really need to infer some things anon.
Models are made to be distinct from other army models, and GW allowed for a wide range of painting and kitbashing to make your guys look like your guys.

It stands to reason that poor provinces that have low economic activities will have armies that have hand me down equipment, kinda like all those afghan tribesmen fighting the soviets with old muskets.
>>
>>154377376
They based it on the skellies in Jason and the Argonauts. Also the magic sustaining them is pretty "basic".
>>
>>154377578
Finally I can play Radious mod with a clear conscience.
>>
>>154377616
Ah so its not a bug? I can live with that.
>>
File: 1450350672722.png (309KB, 521x512px) Image search: [Google]
1450350672722.png
309KB, 521x512px
>>154377679
>>
>>154377376
The "No floppy hats" mod my be your thing
>>
>>154377376
Varied Zombies mod
Dem Orkz recolor
Chaos Warriors with Swords
>>
>>154377679
t. radious.

there is a difference between having stirlander halberdiers use farm equipment and having a special unit named Stirlander Farmer Halberdiers (monstrous infantry).
>>
>>154377679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqA-4TnmXQ

Least we know its all lore accurate.
>>
>>154378378
>bitches about lore
>plays with radious
pottery.
>>
>>154378510
He is just casual as hell. Talks big but just wants total war to be easier. Like a lot of total war fans.
>>
>>154325782
i built one stack of all light cav, the only i have available, one stack of elite nordic warriors, and two stacks of regular mixed armies, it was a river battle but my inital army got completly destroyed by a hail of arrows, what followed was a massacre, There is no counter to huns as the nordic factions, we dont have crossbowmen or heavy cavalry, only light and skirmisher, i have had to go turtling in the campaign now since i cant win any field battles
>>
>>154378378
he is fucking playing a battle in slow-motion
>ppl watch this
>>
ded game
ded thread
ded studio
ded fanbase
>>
>>154379548
long live Grace
>>
>>154378378
>Radious
>Conquer Anywhere
This fucking guy
>>
Is there a mod that makes dwarfs unable to settle the badlands except maybe Ekrund?
>>
>>154378378
snakeskin savage orc boys
>Shielded
>poison attacks
>anti infantry
>bigger and arcder
Nice
>>
>>154379921
Sounds balanced.
>>
>>154379571
I wish to gouge out grace's eyes and tear out her heart. I want to snip her tongue off and rub it against my cheeks. I want to sautee slices of her butt. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing personal against her, I just want to extract all her internal organs and keep them in jars and preserve her empty lifeless corpse and then ask her if her favorite faction is still tomb kangs.
>>
>>154313025
>DLC still manages to top the 'Top Sellers' list
>most people writing reviews are probably poor

I don't approve of what CA is doing but it is working out for them regardless.
>>
>>154380032
umm
rude
>>
File: Tomb Kings still not announced.gif (362KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Kings still not announced.gif
362KB, 475x347px
> Tomb Kings still not announced
>>
I present to you the picture that sums up the shitposters that would rather wait 3 years to get the full trilogy collection with all DLC for 50% off rather than joining us now.

On topic:
So its pretty much confirmed

29th Sept/6th Oct for Wood Elves campaign pack alongside the free hero and lore.
Mid November for lords pack for Dwarfs and Greenskins alongside free Wurrzag
Mid December or likely January for free Bretonnia as its confirmed they will get new units,lords and legendary lords on top of the current roster free so no lord pack?
Followed by a unit(not lord) pack for Chaos/Beastmen in February/March

First expansion July 2017? Or will they expand south and east throughout 2017 with faction unlocks as the map already exists ingame for such a thing...hmmm.
>>
>>154382796
>So its pretty much confirmed
Elaborate.
>>
File: 20160909203629_1.jpg (461KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909203629_1.jpg
461KB, 1920x1080px
You're chillin in the tavern when this guy slaps your gf's ass and praises the dark gods.

wyd?
>>
>>154382943
Pull out my book and write down his name.
>>
File: UaALHIn.png (552KB, 624x701px) Image search: [Google]
UaALHIn.png
552KB, 624x701px
>>154382915
Based off the 100% accurate Russian datamine and their current release schedule and free content timeline.
>>
>>154382796
That's actually kind of artistic. Saved.
>>
>>154382943
I laugh in his face.
>>
>>154382915
>>154383448
Check the full map at this post: >>154291246

Obviously not the scale but thats the outline for the game world. First expansion according to the Datamine is New World,Ulthuan and Albion(small island between Bretonnia and Norsca) turned into 1 region province with the game launching with high elves, dark elves and lizardmen to compliment the base game factions and world if installed with it. Otherwise it can be played standalone.

Tomb Kings,Chaos Dwarfs,Ogre Kingdoms and Skaven are said to be coming after the first expansion with the Dark Lands and Land of the Dead and Araby added alongside the faction unlocks.

Expansion 2 is said to focus on the Chaos Gods and Daemons of Chaos with new factions belonging to Nurgle,Tzeentch,Slaanesh and Khorne which will start in northern Naggaroth(New World) and Norsca.
>>
>>154382796
I like that image anon. Saved. Keked at the CD.
>>154383448
Saved. Brilliant.
>>
File: asrai shoujo.jpg (20KB, 236x329px) Image search: [Google]
asrai shoujo.jpg
20KB, 236x329px
>>154382915
Wood Elves soon.
>>
>>154383958
Worst elves.
>>
>>154321816
Kislev is not a major faction with an army list, Chaos Dwarfs are

How the fuck are there still people this retarded 3.5 months after release?
>>
File: 20160910114229_1.jpg (687KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910114229_1.jpg
687KB, 1920x1080px
Do you guys prefer to fight huge battles like this manually or auto resolve?
>>
>>154313025
>leave extremely positive reviews on all dlc
>"1 out of 10 people found your review helpful"

I hate these salty faggots so much
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 221x223px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 221x223px
There's a unit variety mod that I like but I'm not too keen on some of the models.
Can you edit other people's mods that you've got from the workshop?
I know it's probably a stupidly obvious question but I'm an idiot and I want to try basic modding. Please don't laugh.
>>
>>154382796
There is going to be a DLC every month so I have no idea how you came to your current conclusions

Kangs and Skaven are coming out before the next expansion
>>
>>154385369
I prefer autoresolve but the stupid thing usually gives me a loss so I'm forced into commanding shit myself
>>
>>154385369
depends how many annoying units there are, like chariots and marauders that will just run away and not break while their friends flee, and then get reinforcements and come back to pepper you again
I do manually fight big sieges though
>>
>>154385912
>>154385718
I'm only hesitating because of how fast paced battles are in this game.I'm not sure if my micro game is that strong and besides that it's annoying to deal with the slow trickle of reinforcements because you cant actually fit all the troops on the field at once.
>>
>>154385279
>Chaos manlets
>army list

hohohoho
>>
>>154385369
thats one hell of a lineup my nigga
>>
>>154385562
First thing first: Download PackFileManager from TWC
>>
>>154386254
I fought a similar battle 4v4 and lost because all my reinforcements were crossbows vs chosen
>>
>>154385369
i feel like im the only one who cant confederate todd
>>
>>154319074
rolling
>>
>>154386602
Just don't be in an alliance with any of their enemies and they warm up to you
>>
>>154383861
>Norsca
It would be nice if Kislev got some extra love alongside that.
>>
So...Wood Elves are neets?
>>
when's the 50% off for beastmen dlc?
>>
>>154385562
You can. Reverse engineering another mod is one of the best way to learn modding.
>>
>>154388107
They love chillin in their comfy forest halls with their human shota servants and partying. But every wood elf is also a part of their household Glade Guard responsible for patrolling a section of the forest.
>>
File: 1463314509608.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463314509608.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>Wood Elves soon

I can feel the /comfy/ campaign already
AAAAAA I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE THE COMFIEST START POSITION IN THE ENTIRE TOTAL WAR HISTORY
>>
Has anyone attempted a mass flagellant campaign? I feel like regular state troops just get the job done better and cheaper.
>>
Speaking about comfy start pos.

Who had the most chill start position in the series?

Shimazu, Lusitanni, ETW Russia ?
>>
>>154388358
That's good to hear, thanks anon.
All I want to do is replace a few heads.
>>
>>154389023
chosokabe and brittain by a fucking mile
>>
>>154389357

>britain

nah
>>
>>154388870
>comfiest startpos
>he hasn't played as the brits in EB1 and stayed on britannia while listening to didgeridoos.

sasuga
>>
>>154388870
>Athel Loren comfiest start position
>a forest smaller than a province surrounded by human realms based on an agricultural economy that wood elves couldn't hope to operate.

Vlad and Drakenhof castle is the comfiest start position tbqh
>>
File: sallet.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sallet.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
I wish this game had better diplomacy. Right now the only way to manipulate other factions is to shovel money at them, even then they usually aren't compliant. I have to invade my neighbors into submission to get a fucking trade deal.

I originally thought vampire gameplay would be more plotting, installing false counts in minor factions and cool stuff like that.
>>
>>154390702
you can install the vassal mod and forcefully subjugate them by taking over their cities and vassalizing them. The vamps just need the main cities to do their work,
>>
>>154391651
I've tried vassalization runs, it just doesnt work. Neutral minor factors constantly declare war on your vassals and vassals often dont join you in war, I've had to continuously revassalize templehof everytime they rebuild their army and get a boner.
>>
>>154390702
>>154391651
It would be great if the empire could pay money or got a special mission to peacefully settle disputes between vassals or allies. It would actually make use of the whole "Karl Franz is an amazing statesman" thing, and let you actually unite the empire.
>>
>>154385369
Autoresolve, but make sure you save before you do it in case the game fucks up and makes you lose.
>>
File: 1471073519840.jpg (8KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
1471073519840.jpg
8KB, 206x210px
>I have never played Empire because it feels weird playing as the Emperor land away from other territories of the empire.
wew, I just want to steel and gunpowder but my autism wont let me.
>>
>>154390702
diplomacy in total war has been shit ever since CA included faction bias. They need to take a leaf out of CK2's book and make it more economically motivated and possibly make your faction rank a deciding factor. Does anyone beleive that a rank 50 literal who would refuse any demand of a rank one megapower?
>>
File: poor little todbringer.jpg (512KB, 1653x927px) Image search: [Google]
poor little todbringer.jpg
512KB, 1653x927px
Poor little Todbringer
>>
>251.6 hours play time
>Honestly, I cannot recommend this game. It was/is fun, but the latest DLC upsets me.

Why are so many reviews like this.
>>
>>154393284
You realize in this timeline the other counts are rebelling against you right? Even in battle you can hear your men shouting "We should be one empire!" and "This is why you don't give the counts power!". The world is crumbling and these men use it as an opportunity to carve out their selfish independence. You are suppose to bring them to heel.
>>
Which is the best mod for Napoleon? I have a strange urge to make the Ottoman Empire great again.
>>
Is there a mod that makes the setting more like Lord of the Rings, i.e., less grim?
>>
>>154394132

Darthmod.

I'm serious, unfortunately.
>>
>>154394238
I feared as much.
>>
File: bro op.png (282KB, 311x414px) Image search: [Google]
bro op.png
282KB, 311x414px
Tomb kangz and Empire bro op when?
>>
What't the faction in the game for someone brimming with sexual frustration?
>>
>>154394309
why did bone join with flesh
>>
Aw shit son, red grif time

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760978663
>>
>>154394321
Wood Elves soon.
>>
>>154394303

However you could try "la montee de l'empire" and a few other overhauls.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 620x877px
>>154394309
How does one faction manage to be so bro-tier and perfect?
>>
>>154394461
tomb kangs hate vampires
>>
>>154394461
TKangz hate and abhor the vampires seeing as they were the generals of Nagash who cursed them with undeath.
>>
File: TombKingArt1.jpg (68KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TombKingArt1.jpg
68KB, 600x400px
>>154394461
Tomb Kings fucking despise vampires and are generally pretty bro tier.

As long as you don't trespass on their turf, they're cool. And if it's ever a fight against Vampires, they'll side with whoever the fuck just to give vamps the bone.
>>
>tfw no tomb kings in game yet
Why ladz?
>>
File: 1437169115878.jpg (900KB, 1944x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1437169115878.jpg
900KB, 1944x1404px
>>154397614
They're going to require a lot of work.

Which I don't mind because their aesthetic is fantastic. If CA gets it right, it'll justify the wait.
>>
>>154397804
>giant reskinned demigryphs
>skeletons with bows
>some chariots
so hard
t. radious
>>
>>154397804
CA seem to be pretty keen on doing factions justice. I imagine Grace will riot if they don't do them right too.
>>
>>154398403
If they didnt do it right what would Grace do?
>>
>>154398518
Ban bathroom bukkake time for a year
>>
>>154398518
Riot I imagine.
>>
>>154385610
Here

http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html

Probably right but what comes after wood elves?

DLC 6 will be Greenskins vs Dwarf lord pack
DLC 7 will be Bretonnia

So you think after Bretonnia is Tomb Kings with the Land of the Dead/Araby unlocked as a conquerable area?

DLC 8 Цapи Гpoбниц (Tomb Kings) !

Hичeгo кoнкpeтнoгo пo cyбфpaкциям.

DLC 10 Cкaвeны (Skaven)!

Дoлгo. Я дyмaл их быcтpee cдeлaют.

DLC 13 Гнoмы Хaoca (Chaos Dwarfs)!

DLC 15 Кopoлeвcтвa Oгpoв (Ogre Kingdoms)!

Then again it makes sense... The map for these factions are already ingame untextured but the landmass itself is already filled out.

So 15 DLC's before the First expansion?
>>
Anybody else having Problems with downloading the newest patch?
>>
>>154388163
Halloween/Autumn sale?
>>
>>154394321
Straight,Gay or bi?

For straight go Empire.
For bisexual go Beastmen
For full gay go wood elf(soon)
>>
>>154398403
>>154398518
Fuck. I hope Grace dresses like one the same way Joey dressed as a Vamp and Gobbo.
>>
Why aren't there more female characters?
>>
File: 1466712076284.png (136KB, 1580x839px) Image search: [Google]
1466712076284.png
136KB, 1580x839px
>>154399186
>tfw no qt female wizards for Empire
>>
File: 1426164568505.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1426164568505.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>Play Chaos
>Give bad orders on purpose so more blood will flow
>>
>>154399186
Because they'd all pale in comparison to Vampire-Chan anyway.
>>
>>154399727
>anyone
>pale compared to vampire chan
>>
>>154386296
Chaos Dwaf's already been confirmed in a leak fool.
>>
>>154394132
I would say Zullu Total War. But that's it.
>>
>>154386296
>already using forgeworld model
>Andy Hall confirmed there will be 16 races
>mentionned as dlc_13 in the files
>Their lands have to be here if the Ogre Kingdoms are playable
>>
>>154399557
Thats a real Chaotic thing to do anon.

Id do that but only for Mauraders. I usually care about my troops and get upset when they die en mass but if its mauraders fuck them.Those guys are worthless.
>>
>>154400723
There good for zerg rushing.
>>
>>154386296
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-legion-of-azgorh.pdf

Wow so hard to find
>>
>>154401215
>forge world

Okay, now you're not even trying.
>>
>>154398641
Bretonnia isn't a DLC
>>
>>154401637
There isn't going to be Kislev, there is going to be Chaos Dwarfs and this was the army list they were referring to

Feel free to stew in your impotent rage that notslavs will not be one of the factions
>>
>>154400723
theyre complete shiet, in the lore they are supposed to be 7 foot of blonde muscle and rape. Each one worth a dozen empire soldiers, in the game they get rekt by goblins.
>>
>>154401721
It's not content that can be downloaded?
>>
File: 20160909203345_1.jpg (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909203345_1.jpg
507KB, 1920x1080px
>>154400723
>make cultist army in Chaos Divided
>massive bloodbath every battle
>recruit everything back afterwards

Is this the power of Chaos?
>>
I wonder how the fuck does CA repacks his patches since it everything if I'm trying to do something else
>>
>>154401963
There is no need to be a smartass when you know damn well we refer to free downloadable content as FLC and paid downloadable content as DLC
>>
>>154402490
What do you expect, Cultists suck?
>>
File: 1434916026808.jpg (83KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1434916026808.jpg
83KB, 393x325px
>not a single news from FOTE since months
>Meloncat stopped updating on /twg/

I just want to play as the norses
>>
>load up chaos campaign
>remember that it really starts to drag once you've wiped out the empire and have to start on bretonnia
>quit and load up as vampires
>>
>>154401637
forgeworld is a sub-GW market that sell figures with official rules, dumbass
>>
>>154403187
Have you messaged him/her about why he's not on /twg/ anymore?
>>
File: img448490c4b23ba.jpg (135KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
img448490c4b23ba.jpg
135KB, 600x650px
http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/17997/20160906/total-war-warhammer-grombrindal-the-white-dwarf-release-skaven-dlc.htm

WHITE DWARF
>>
>>154403518
Why is this noteworthy? Who's that?
>>
>>154404951
tom bombadil
>>
>>154404951
a litteral deus ex machina
>>
>>154405052
>>154405278

Oh. Well that's going to be tough to beat then.
>>
>>154405052
TOM BOM
JOLLY TOM
TOM BOMBADILLO
>>
>>154405656
what was his point? in the books I mean
>>
>>154406419
tom bobildo or the white dwarf?
>>
File: middenheim.jpg (612KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
middenheim.jpg
612KB, 1920x1080px
I think Boris needs a few plumbers.
>>
>>154406419
In the plot, he indirectly killed the Witch King.

But he's ultimately Tolkien's self insert/ideal. A jolly old man who's found peace in the country side, in a little house with his wife and he doesn't give a fuck about the world that's going on around him. He's found his happiness.

Bombadil is Tolkien living in his world, happy with life, and not wanting to be bothered.
>>
>>154291559
>muh psychic powers derived from collective belief

That is literally how WAAAGH-magic works, as well as the battlepaint for savage orcs
>>
>>154291559
>Also the retarded "red makes it go faster muh psychic powers derived from collective belief" doesn't exist

Hate to break this to you but that's pretty much how Orc and Goblin magic works. The more boyz they've got nearby, the more Waaagh magic they can draw, they don't draw the winds like normal wizards.

Also, shit like Savage Orc warpaint has actual defensive properties because the Orcs believe it does as well, which is essentially the same as 'red wunz go fasta'.

It exists, it just doesn't crop up in the lore as much as in 40k because Orcs don't really use technology beyond some ramshackle siege weaponry.
>>
File: 1423839248842.jpg (235KB, 1122x499px) Image search: [Google]
1423839248842.jpg
235KB, 1122x499px
>>154293345
>they never dared to venture across it again

Except for Germanicus going in, killing anything with two legs and a pulse, scattering the German tribes, recapturing the Eagles and generally bitch-slapping everyone east of the Rhine so hard they didn't manage to reunite in any meaningful way for six centuries.

And countless punitive expeditions by legions stationed along the limes whenever tribes within the German forests got uppity.
>>
File: 1470989992108.png (109KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1470989992108.png
109KB, 658x662px
>>154409480
>ywn slaughter German shits en masse
wake me up
>>
>>154409480
>for six centuries

your math is a bit off there
>>
File: 20160910135029_1.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910135029_1.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
Let me tell you about the Undead
>>
>>154410769
wait 10 years when the mudslime hoard reaches critical mass in europe. then you'll have all the aryan blood you'll ever need ahmed
>>
>>154411279
>you need to be Muslim to want to kill Germans
Why do Germans think they are so important and wonderful that they believe no one will ever want to hurt them?
>>
https://youtu.be/QoJbWxnBq_4

>VC players will defend this
>>
>>154411517
t. Anglo
>>
>>154411517
Why do you?
>>
>>154403187
He has done like one like last month here before he disappeared again
>>
>>154411695
For no reason, just want to fun post and mess with jerrys.
>>
I want to fuck a Ghorst.
>>
>>154412368
He's pretty sexy for a corpse.
>>
>>154411621

VC are very fucking strong indeed after these recent updates and troop additions and nerf to Empire.

However I think its a situation where, the more factions get added, the more counters will be found.
>>
>>
File: 1428878004591.jpg (18KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1428878004591.jpg
18KB, 680x583px
JUST GIVE US A TRAILER ALREADY FOR WOOD ELVES
>>
Is anyone what really disappointed in how the beastmen are implemented as an ai faction? I want to fight them as the empire bit they always disappear incredibly quickly and when i am able to fight them is just a bunch of ungors. I wish there were a lot of beastmen ai hordes instead of just 2 at the beginning and they were a constant threat in the empire
>>
>>154411621
>total war multiplayer

is this video ironic? no one actually gives a shit right?
>>
>>154412876
Those Dwarves and Ostland are maximum comfy starts
Are you they guy stuck at level 1?
>>
>>154412876
>more than one d-ally and m-ally

you asking for trouble boy. They will all declare war on each other then you are suddenly the most untrustworthy git in the fucking world. after that you'll have mass treaty cancelling
>>
>>154413371
Yeah it sucks that beastmen AI get shat on by every other faction.
>>
File: 20160910225810_1.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160910225810_1.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a better T1 unit for Empire?
>>
>>154414309
>>154413615
>>
>>154414421
unsheilded spearmen last longer and kill as much in an overwhelming melee for a fraction of the cost, but free company are amazing on flanks for destroying missile cav and keeping routers out of the fight. if you have honest steel on your general then spearmen are way better.
>>
I really hate when online opponents min/max their way to victory even when I'm clearly trying to reenact a battle from the lore.
>>
>>154413615
more hordes mod helps
>>
>>154415176
Are you playing ranked aka quick battle?

Do not play ranked
>>
>>154414284
Todbringer is my vassal and he controls Middenland, Talabacland, Hochland. Ostland is best buds with me and controls Nordland, Ostland and Erengrad. Kislev is great as well. The Brets I have vassaled control third of Brettonia.

I couldn't care about anyone else desu
>>
>>154413680
you say that yet the guy has close to 184thousand subs
>>
>>154411621
he did a video with ghrost and the mortis engine when they have the same reliquary buffs and don't stack regen and damage
pretty sure the lodestone does though
>>
>>154412876
Welp, killed chaos in 3 turns from when Archeon spawned with the big bird.

>>154414172
>Are you they guy stuck at level 1?
Not sure I understand mate.
>>
File: h2_12.233.jpg (180KB, 1500x1488px) Image search: [Google]
h2_12.233.jpg
180KB, 1500x1488px
On warhammer, Shogun and Attila I can easily run 15-20 thousand men whilst still getting 30 FPS, on Rome II anything above 10 thousand I still get 30 FPS but crazy micro stutter on the units.

Lessening the graphics quality of shadows/unit detail hasn't helped much, do I just have to accept it and try and avoid huge battles, or is there anything that helps, it's pissing me off.
>>
File: 20160910191041_1.jpg (359KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160910191041_1.jpg
359KB, 1360x768px
>tfw Sigmar abandons you

>>154416951
Some guy was playing the same faction with a busted unlocker that keep every lord of every faction at level 1 with no xp gain
>>
>>154417080
Oh no, I am not him, I am the guy that thanked him in a proper manner for providing some OC in the thread.
>>
>>154417029
are you running DEI by any chance? that mod absolutely kills my pc
>>
>>154417610

Yup. I suppose it's not that big an issue, I'll just have to avoid massive battles.
>>
deddedend
>>
>>154419171
raise it
>>
File: 20160907232546_1.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160907232546_1.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>154417080
> oh hoho I'm going to catch you mortaaaaaal
>>
File: idk.gif (2MB, 359x274px) Image search: [Google]
idk.gif
2MB, 359x274px
>>154419296
>that zombie in the fancy trench coat
>>
File: 1467590902742.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
1467590902742.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>>154420110
>He doesn't used varied zombies
>>
>>154420110
looks like a which hunter
>>
>>154421065
thats a gnome
>>
>>154420886
Wasn't that made by one of us?
>>
What's up with VC being broken as fuck?
>>
Is there a good place to get the Warhammer dlc for free?
>>
>>154422270
CA's trying to tell us that Nagash was weak.
>>
rip
>>
>>154422832
>>154422832
>>154422832
>>154422832
Thread posts: 764
Thread images: 156

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.