[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mcg/ - Minecraft General - YOU LET THE THREAD DIE edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 697
Thread images: 124

File: FLESH.png (582KB, 787x637px) Image search: [Google]
FLESH.png
582KB, 787x637px
Previous thread: >>152976949 → →

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==<
OP text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!): https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op
Modding FAQ: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
Server list: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZ4nkhea5nXdERzVXFWVFp1SEN5SjM2WnNwVjZPUEE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0
/mcg/ IRC circlejerk channel: #/mcg/ on Rizon
Skype Apiary: https://join.skype.com/xEyegIrtgwMO

>==[News]==<
Minecraft 1.10 and Minecraft for W10 released. Nobody cares.
FyberOptic already ported the modloader "Meddle" to 1.10.
Better with Mods released: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/246760-better-with-mods
An anon released a "diet" Natura fork: https://github.com/Rukachan/Nature
Thaumcraft Golems retextured as Maids soon.
Baubles Minus Botania, Thaumic Bases forks found here: https://github.com/KryptonCaptain
Asie's annual minecraft modding convention came around again -
- Featuring booths and discussion panels, check out its after math here! https://btm.unascribed.com/
Download Curse modpacks without the Curse launcher: https://github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
>>
Whoops. Previous thread is here: >>153426067
>>
>always make sure to bump threads
>went to get food
i feel like this is my fault somehow
>>
>>153592901
way to go anon
>>
>Better With Mods released
>1.10

who cares
>>
just let it die lads it's no use
>>
are zombie pigmen spawning on nether portals subject to the no spawning within 24 blocks of a player rule? maybe I'm blind but I couldn't find this info in the wiki
>>
>>153596615
no
>>
>>153592727
what's the deal with the thaumic bases fork? the releases pages doesn't tell much of a story, but I'm assuming its like a maintenance version?
>>
>>153597370
It's less fug, menus cleaned up, buggy things trashed, I think
>>
>>153597370
Barely related question: I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved, are there any other Thaumcraft addons that are worth adding? I hear good things about Gadomancy, but what's the deal with Thaumic Bases/others?
>>
>>153564845
>B-B-B-BUT FRAGMENTAN' THE COMMUNITAY!
yet another of your famous "why nobody should try to fix the problems with the standard environment" mantras. you're so fucking terrified of cracking eggs you're never going to get that omelette made.

the hard reality of things is that forge WAS good but now thanks to lex is as much the problem as anything. changing anything WILL require "fragmenting the community". it was fragmented before and nobody died from it. there WILL be drama. mostly from lex and curse shills, knowing how things go. the only way to avoid it is to avoid changing the status quo; the status quo needs to be changed. just because you're a goddamned coward doesn't mean everyone else should be.

as it is I fully expect fabric to die the first time lex throws a tantrum, because you'll be desperately trying to calm him YET AGAIN.
>>
>>153597930
pls no more drama
>>
File: 2016-08-29_02.08.51.png (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-29_02.08.51.png
731KB, 1920x1080px
Tidied up my cobblestone 9x9 a bit, contemplating whether the aesthetics of making a city with a building for each mod outweighs the inconvenience it's going to add to crafting literally anything.
>>
>>153597456
I see. I'll pick up and try it out then.

>>153597505
definitely add Gadomancy to Infinity. it has a lot of useful niche items, like that crystal eye thing that monitors vis levels. pretty sure that's gadomancy anyways.

absolutely add it if you're playing meme mode. you will want to have a way to automate infusions.
>>
>>153597975
As if /mcg/ would survive as a general without drama.
>>
>>153598376
we need memes
or something to worship
like /egg/
>>
>>153598291
Nah not playing Expert Mode. I used to play Unhinged back in the day but I've been away for too long to make any commitments like that.

>>153598468
what does egg worship
>>
>>153599505
Mechanoeldritch force of nature.
CLANG
>>
>>153597930
yes this

Do what Forge did.. be compatible with the old standard and then wait a year or two and drop support after you have a big user base.
>>
>>153599653
wut
>>
>>153592727
OP, it's good you made the thread, but don't copypasta the previous OP verbatim. Now the previous thread link is wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 312x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 312x274px
>>153599852
CLANG
>>
>>153599795
Impossible, in this case.

>>153597930
>yet another of your famous "why nobody should try to fix the problems with the standard environment" mantras.
Not this time. I'm just saying that the majority of /mcg/ would probably find further reasons to complain about things if any changes were to actually happen.

>changing anything WILL require "fragmenting the community".
You're the ones who want to change anything at all. I'm doing Fabric for personal enjoyment, not for catering to /mcg/. If people use Fabric, sure, that's a nice thing to have, but I'm not going to try and push it as the new Forge, because, unlike Forge, which actually has a "paid" (or, rather, getting income solely from) developer working on it, any of us may quit at any time - if we decide Minecraft isn't fun anymore. And that's liberating.

>it was fragmented before and nobody died from it.
It has always been fragmented. It's still fragmented. It's even more fragmented now. I'm just saying that even when it's fragmented between Minecraft versions alone /mcg/ starts whining about it, so I can only imagine what would happen here if loaders got into it as well.

>there WILL be drama.
Sure, and then I'm out. I'm not going to risk my mental health for virtual LEGO, it's simply not worth it when the only thing holding me here is passion.

>just because you're a goddamned coward doesn't mean everyone else should be.
Has anyone stepped up to replace Forge in the last 2.5 years? No? FyberOptic and Cuchaz were both doing it for their own personal enjoyment as well. immibis was forking Forge simply as it was too slow and his computer was a toaster. In other words, by your definition, yes, everyone in the modding community is a "goddamned coward".

(cont.)
>>
What's the equivalent of Treecapitator for 1.10?
>>
>>153600794
>>153597930

>mostly from lex and curse shills
Curse actually said they'd happily support Meddle if it had enough mods and users going for it to make it economically viable (or, rather, they said that they won't support Meddle until it has more mods/users). I don't think they care as long as they can keep being a community hub.

>as it is I fully expect fabric to die the first time lex throws a tantrum, because you'll be desperately trying to calm him YET AGAIN.
That's not what killed NOVA.

NOVA died because of three things:
- The community didn't care much. It was mostly finished in July and calclavia was making mods for it, but nobody else really cared.
- The worldgen issue. The API was never quite sorted out there, mostly because NOVA's goal of catering to every voxel game was overambitious (not impossible - just infeasible without any funding at all)
- calclavia got a job at a Minecraft educational company which offered to pay him to work on NOVA, but two months later they asked him to make an in-house, less insane solution instead, effectively killing the project.

>>153597975
The day we stop caring about the mess that is "the modding scene" and just start enjoying things again is the day drama stops being a thing. that day will never happen
>>
>>153601076
No real one, since bspkrs left to work on Starmade. You may want to try VeinMiner? FyberOptic also has a pretty good equivalent, but it only works with Meddle.
>>
File: 2016-09-02_01.24.50.png (619KB, 1193x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_01.24.50.png
619KB, 1193x798px
>tfw u finally get the quarry bot running
never wrote a line of lua before. Really fun experience but I think I might have autism
>>
>>153600794
just have fun asie.
things made by people doing it for fun tend to have a lot more spirit and are usually higher quality.
if it fails, it fails.
if it doesn't, it doesn't.

>>153601689
>bspkrs left to work on skubmade
what
>>
>>153601076
WholeTreeAxe
>>
>>153600794
>It has always been fragmented.
Errata: That's not entirely true. We /almost/ got it unified for 1.7.10, which - as you might remember - was the time the NOVA drama took place. The "fragmenting the community" argument made a lot of sense before 1.8.9 and 1.10.2 effectively did that.

>unlike Forge, which actually has a "paid" (or, rather, getting income solely from) developer working on it
(which effectively makes Lex obligated to keep working on Forge for as long as possible, giving it a sense of stability Fabric will never really have)
>>
>>153601823
>just have fun asie.
Thank you. I don't hear that often.

>things made by people doing it for fun tend to have a lot more spirit and are usually higher quality.
They are also a lot less reliable as to schedules, as "fun" is very fragile. This is why we keep warning people to not treat Fabric as the new holy grail modding API - I mean, I'm only in it because I want to make my total conversion mod thing without having to deal with the Forge mess. The other members of the core team have a similar philosophy - they're mod makers who are tired of dealing with the Forge mess and just want to make mods away from the "scene" and all associated drama/pain.

>what
He's one of the main devs.
>>
I'm really spamming /mcg/ today, it appears.

>>153602197
>They are also a lot less reliable as to schedules
To clarify - one of the things I want to get working on as soon as I buy - and decide on - a new keyboard, as well as reinstall my server, is to set up a wiki documenting all the internal procedures for Fabric - most notably, mapping maintenance, as the rest is fairly straightforward. This is so that, in the event of my disappearance, anyone can take it up - and if nobody does, was it really that important to begin with?
>>
>>153602349
>is to set up a wiki documenting all the internal procedures for Fabric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 600x133px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 600x133px
>>
>>153603231
There's not that many of them. I can only really think of one right now.

The mapping update mostly involves generating "merged" JARs (Minecraft uses the same obfuscated names on the client and server, but omits certain classes, fields and methods) manually with blending-jar (to be renamed patchouli as it's becoming more of a patching toolkit) and then using an eight-step process with the Enigma command line to actually remap the mappings.
>>
>>153601076
Tree Chopper is pretty reliable in my experience.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tree-chopper
>>
>>153603921
gosh I'm glad the smart people are handling this part because I only got about a fifth of that.
>>
File: image.png (536KB, 837x983px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
536KB, 837x983px
>>153603921
>to be renamed patchouli
>>
>>153605157
Don't take any mods, please.
>>
>>153604857
Feel free to ask questions - I'll try my best to answer them when I wake up.
>>
So I'm not really a regular, but why is TiCon considered overpowered?
>>
>>153607265
One anon hates it because it makes all vanilla style tools irrelevent, which is kind of it's point, but with stuff like extraTiC you can get pretty insane.
I was thinking maybe you could make it so it retrieves the durabilities and whatnot of the tools automatically during startup so that is literally the exact same as the vanilla style tools except not shit. Maybe add some of the features of iguanatweaks, like replacing parts.
But it makes vanilla style tools and enchanting irrelevant, which is its purpose, but is really minmaxable to the point of being stupid.
>>
>>153607265
Because the tools are straight up better than 90% of modded tools, rendering the others redundant. Hammers are too good too imho.
>>
>>153607620
If you decide to do a Tinker-less or Less-tinker run/pack There are a few "Vanilla" alternatives to the Hammers, and there is a decent modular drill mod in both Super Multidrills and Actually Shitditions which you can get 3x3 and in AA's case 5x5
>>
>>153607620
Well, what do you expect from modded stuff?
>>
>>153607824
IE's drill does it best in my opinion. Uses resources non trivially and requires infrastructure that prevents resource management from becoming an abstract concept within the first hour.
>>
>>153608143
Eh. I just want a non tinker tool that does 3x3, pretty early. Building becomes MUCH faster.
>>
>>153607620
Well what other mod adds tools that TiCon 'competes' with? I admit the Lumber Axe and Hammer are goat but my IE2 Drill is still my go to.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_20.04.37.png (3MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_20.04.37.png
3MB, 1920x1017px
>>
>>153608381
Hammerz, with Enchanting Plus. A reasonable hammer is an steel one with some good ass enchantments.
>>
>>153609947
I like that you use metal blocks instead of wood for the edges of the builds. But I would suggest depth so it doesnt look like a plain wall.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_20.29.25.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_20.29.25.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>153610334
Would do you think I should add for that depth?
>>
>>153601227
>community didn't care much
which can't have had anything to do with certain voices going on about sticking with forge and not making waves, nope nope.

you constantly absolve yourself of everything you fuck up. it must be nice to be that narcissistic. no wonder lex hates you, the two of you are alike in that regard.
>>
>>153602197
>I'm only in it for my one mod plan
which is to say that when you get bored of it you'll wander off and make sure to fuck shit up enough that they can't go on without you. clever.
>>
>>153605763
okay, so. in Forge, to load a mod, you need the @Mod declaration with attritbutes to give it, an @Mod.Instance, preferably @SidedProxy assigned and you need to handle:
- FMLPreInit, FMLInit, FMLPostInit
events, and within those you register whatever your mod adds.

Fabric's template mod only has an @Init with init() method. it seems to be called very early on in startup, but I have literally no idea how the modloader actually works or when things happen in the process.

How does this process happen within Fabric? if I add blocks--which should be pretty simple--how would I register them and when would I do that in init()?
or is that part of the modloader still in-dev?

oh, here's one. How much "centralization" are you going to do? by this I mean things like OreDictionary. is that going to be part of Fabric or would that be left to modders?

this also I guess is a good time to bring up how you are handling rendering, if at all?
what I'm concerned with is if I have to dredge up four books from ten years ago about rendering quads and learn how to interpret forty lines of math, or if I can just tell the loader "render this .obj model". I understand it might be impossible to make it simple because Minecraft's rendering isn't simple. as long as I can into trains and cool shit that's fine.
I don't know anything about how JSON took over textures and models in 1.8+ but if its simpler than agonizing over OpenGL that's fine with me.

I think any other questions I'd have would be more directed to creating mods instead of inquiring about Fabric, so, one last thing;

buildcraft port/clone for fabric y/n
>>
File: ended quarry.png (13KB, 650x296px) Image search: [Google]
ended quarry.png
13KB, 650x296px
>ender quarry gets stuck after mining a dense ore
>look at its NBT
>it has a stack of zero items
>look at its source code
>if it has a stack of zero items, it will never remove them and continue mining

Nice. I still have no idea how it got a stack of zero items to begin with.
>>
>>153607587
>vanilla-style
that is not to say that vanilla's own tools should be relevant.

however, ticon being present shouldn't make it so that only ticon-style tools can be relevant. especially since ticon's style inherently leads to broken-as-fuck MAWPC shit the likes of which should be sending this thread into massive fits.

>>153607620
good thing there's mods that provide hammers without ticon's bustedness.

>>153608143
>IE's drill is best because it's a burden to use
no, fuck you. tools should neither be broken or so costly to use that you'd be better off without them.
>>
>>153612345
t. quarryfag
>>
File: alv.png (9KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
alv.png
9KB, 819x460px
>>153611974
>Would do you think I should add for that depth?
>whatdidhemeanbythis.png
Seriously, just by putting the metal block a block further, not in front but like pic related (dont have the game on lap and laps mousepad is a shiet).
Also, you better post your whole base sometime faggot.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_20.42.17.png (3MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_20.42.17.png
3MB, 1920x1017px
>>153612547
I see what you mean, but extending it out a whole 'nother block seems excessive. I may panel some microblocks on it to give it the illusion though.

Also dumping base.
>>
>>153607265
it doesn't have 'competition'. TiCon adds a wide toolset and deletes Minecraft's RNG-based enchantment for a completely customizable system directly operated by player input.
which is such a fucking obvious mechanic its shameful vanilla had RNG controlling enchanting for as long as it did.

no mod adds a way for you to make a decently-quick hammer-like tool that has something like 12k durability with little resource requirement. you need maybe a stack of redstone and some steel. an emerald if you want silk touch.
>inb4 but anon there's this other mod that does literally that you stupid bitch
point me to it then, queerbait

other mods don't add things like that. if they do, it doesn't "compete" with TiCon, it overrules it by adding something 'better'.or it just doesn't perform or have enough variability that people want the thing.
or mods just add Yet Another Pickaxe. Thaumcraft adds Thaumium/Voidium?/ToolType+Magic tools, and a mining focus for the wand. The Thaumium tools naturally are just 'slightly better than iron but the same thing'. the infused tools have neat effects but are either niche usage--the Hoe of Growth--or don't compete, being the smelting pickaxe and the axe of the stream; Auto-smelt (which is a stupid effect) and Lumber axes exist and are BETTER than these tools simply by virtue of having more variability and choice.

buttania adds the terrasteel whatever thing. after making terrasteel, making the thing, and charging it for an eternity, you can use it. its far and away better, but you have to charge it forever.

IE's mining drill is okay. you have to lug batteries around for it. same with any other powered drill. it requires power and you generally have to lug more power with it. you don't have to lug more power around with a purple hammer that has moss and ~24k durability

tl;dr if people want TiCon to stop being at 'the top' of tools, make something that directly competes with its mechanics.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_20.46.01.png (986KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_20.46.01.png
986KB, 1920x1017px
>>153613063
>>
>>153613324
Really if they dont like the Overpowered parts of Tinker there are many and several ways to nerf them like recipe changes and disabling/ changing some of the mechanics of the mod, or simply dont use dem MAUPICI things.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_20.46.17.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_20.46.17.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>153613507
>>
File: 2016-09-01_21.04.11.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_21.04.11.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>153614132
>>
>>153614629
What does that machines does?
>>
>>153614798
From left to right:

Metal Press
Assembler
A dressed-up Rolling Machine.
>>
File: extracts every tick.png (642KB, 1478x602px) Image search: [Google]
extracts every tick.png
642KB, 1478x602px
>>153612334
Anyway, the workaround is to use an extractor module, because apparently the quarry only gets stuck when ejecting an item into a chest that already has some of that item.
>>
>>153614907
Can you be more specific?
Want to try some automatization with IE just for the looks so I want to know what it does and how.
>>
>>153615026
>that distant wall of caches and pipe insanity
sweet merciful CLANG.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_21.11.48.png (504KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_21.11.48.png
504KB, 1920x1017px
>>153615106
Metal press presses ingots into shapes. There are a few different ones you can use.
>>
File: 2016-09-01_21.12.13.png (493KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_21.12.13.png
493KB, 1920x1017px
>>153615106
Assembler makes stuff from normal crafting grids. Also it can input liquids to use and use parts from previous steps in the following ones. Just feed raw materials in one side and out it comes from the other.
>>
>>153615307
>that model/texture insanity going on in the press
>>
>>153615782
Yeah, that's a glitch with the texture pack I'm using. Looks fine on vanilla.
>>
>>153615307
>manually operated metal press

Watch your fingers!
>>
>>153615954
Actually powered by RF. just drop the ingots on the belt on one end.
>>
File: laughing_engineer.png (124KB, 700x325px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_engineer.png
124KB, 700x325px
>>153616150
>drop the ingots on the belt

The belt on the metal press supports item automation and can have items inserted by hoppers, pipes, etc.
>>
>>153616363
I know that. That's how most of my systems are working.
>>
>>153616445
I was wondering how you were automating that but then I realized you are not, are you?
>>
>>153616445
>drop
>the
>ingots
>on
>the
>belt
>>
>>153616612
Not at the moment. This is the latest build I've finished so I'm still working on getting everything inside fully automated.

>>153616747
No bully. :(
>>
That solves a lot of questions, usually when seeing peoples builds of autism automated machines with IE they look really saturated with all the wires and constrasting colors of the things. Which makes them look bigger and way more complex than they actually are.
>>
File: nether clown vomit.png (680KB, 1514x751px) Image search: [Google]
nether clown vomit.png
680KB, 1514x751px
>>
>>153619662
honk honk
>>
File: troll blood.png (737KB, 1272x624px) Image search: [Google]
troll blood.png
737KB, 1272x624px
>>153619847
>>
File: 2016-09-02_10.56.50.png (436KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_10.56.50.png
436KB, 1280x1024px
Reworking!

Since I have decided to go Wild West era on my builds, I've decided to tear down my fantasy-inspired build and replace it with something fitting to the period. The building in white was by Buttania setup, with a pork mana reactor, and a shack at the back where most crafting happens, except for the Pure Daisy and Petal Apothecary, which is in the domed building in the picture.

The brick building is the fire-proof shell for my spawner mob system consisting of a spawner for witches, blazes and zombies. (The sole reason for the fireproofing is the Jolt, a Blaze variant which teleports and causes lightning strikes.) I'm trying for a nondescript factory building style for it. Eventually, the domed building will be replaced by a general store, with an easy access to the mob system itself.
>>
>>153620242
doesnt look really wild wst
>>
>>153621341
I'm struggling with the fact that you can't be Wild West without going full wood on anything, and I've already had instances of buildings going half-gone after a stray Jolt spit fire, missed and hit one of the wood buildings I made.

Natura does have some fireproof woods, but they look terrible.

I was considering relocating the Blaze spawner back to the Nether to rid me of that problem, but I don't really like to spend a lot of time there, especially since I got most of the Nether essentials.
>>
>>153621636
hard clay, chisel brick. Just use wood on the not on danger of fire.

Also: sandybrick, sandstone, chisel endstone, etc.
>>
Will give Sandy Brick a try. I've gotten sick of sandstone builds on deserts.
>>
>>153603830
Tc and in traincraft?
Please, I want to believe
>>
>>153624213
That's right. They have "ran out of Game-Breaking bugs" and "finally entered Closed-Beta-Stage"
>>
>>153624368
Is there a possibility a release comes out in a week or two, how much time do you expect to be?
>>
>>153624728
Afraid I don't know that much. But they have been working on it pretty diligently.
>>
>>153625221
I dont like it, but Im getting really hyped about it, just imagine all the cool things you can do with trains.
>>
File: file.png (18KB, 683x90px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
18KB, 683x90px
>>153625395
I'm hyped too.

I'll post updates here whenever I see something noteworthy.
>>
not dying just yet
>>
File: 2016-09-02_13.22.21.png (539KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_13.22.21.png
539KB, 1280x1024px
>>153622386
And now I'm not sure that Sandy Brick works well.
>>
Have there been any new jap mods for 1.10?
>>
File: 2016-09-01_22.52.44.png (609KB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-01_22.52.44.png
609KB, 1920x1051px
I'm trying to add a "tavern" or a "bar"-type place to my village, but it has to match the style of the vanilla villages (it looks shitty, I know). Right now I'm drawing blanks as to how to do the roof for this thing since the regular triangle stair roof would turn out comically large.
>>
>>153632096
>wanting to match vanilla villages

but why tho
>>
Hey /mcg/ how do I build a bridge across a mesa valley
>>
>>153632461
I don't want it to stick out too badly.
>>
>>153632495
>doesn't provide a picture so we can see the terrain you're working with
With blocks generally is a good start.
>>
In 1.10, what kind of ways are there to sort items into an inventory based on what items are already there?

ExU2 doesn't seem to have sorting pipes, I know about blood magic, but that might take a bit to get into

enderio has something that could work

I am still curious if there's other options though.
>>
File: 2016-09-02_01.22.45.png (768KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_01.22.45.png
768KB, 1360x706px
>>153633116
it looks like this
>>
>>153633413
With how shit everything in that picture already looks a 1 block wide dirt bridge across wouldn't do any harm.
>>
File: asmhitler.png (40KB, 682x544px) Image search: [Google]
asmhitler.png
40KB, 682x544px
What's wrong with the people on the Forge forums and chat? Why are they such fucking pussies? They don't agree with Lex but they do his insane demands anyway. They're all just as bad as him.

Look at how scared Lex is of ASM and coremods though. Fucking terrified that someone can take his power and money away. What a cunt.
>>
>>153634363
your face looks like shit
>>
>>153634653
>They don't agree with Lex but they do his insane demands anyway.
They get banned otherwise. tterrag just did 3 days ago.

Anyhow, the problem LexManos has with coremods is accountability - coremods can modify vanilla behaviour arbitrarily and you cannot easily check what exactly they change. This breaks expectations of said behaviour. I agree with him there - there's some modders you can ask around for horror stories with CoFHCore's vanilla-behaviour-breaking, completely undocumented changes, for example.

Fabric, for that reason, doesn't have coremods in the traditional "take a class and output a new class" sense - it has mixins, which let you inject, patch and/or overwrite specific functions in the Minecraft codebase, as well as add new fields and functions. This adds a sort of contract and will let us list, with high precision, what changes have been done to which parts of vanilla in the crashlog directly. Combined with automatic dependency resolution, it should hopefully make the coremod compatibility issue much less of a concern.

I still fear some modders will abuse it and cause conflicts, though. It's still a valid concern.

>>153612003
>you constantly absolve yourself of everything you fuck up.
No, it's just that you assume everyone else should have the same goals you do and that if they don't, they are to blame for it. Why don't you go and change the world instead?

>>153612121
>and make sure to fuck shit up enough that they can't go on without you. clever.
In no case have I done that. BuildCraft, BTM, NOVA, Charset all went just fine without me - in fact, I was becoming a roadblock in NOVA due to the inability to keep up with the rapid pace of development at the time.

As I said, why do you expect me to have the same ideals as you?

(cont.)
>>
>>153612131
>How does this process happen within Fabric?

The initial plan was to have @Init be for registering a mod's event handlers (on two buses: the event bus, which separates each event into its own hookchain, and the loading bus, which doesn't and lets you depend on multiple hooks - as well as restart every time one of the hooks is later refreshed to update data). Then, you would do something like this:

>Fabric.getLoadingBus().subscribe(this);

in init(), and (if you have fabric-registry installed/dependent on):

>@Hook(name = "fabric-registry-test:registerBlocks", before = {}, after = {"fabric:registerBlocks"})
>public void onBlockRegistration() {
> Registries.register(TESTBLOCK_1_ID, testBlockTwo = new BlockTest(1));
>}

in the same class. If you wanted to register recipes, you'd have an analogous hook. If you wanted to query registered blocks and items, you'd probably simply wait on both events - but the before/after split of registration events is not quite there yet, it still has to be properly designed (add a "postRegisterBlocks", for instance).

However, this is likely going to change at least partially - since we enforce Java 8, it might be wiser to use lambdas over annotation magic for code clarity purposes. We're still discussing it.

>How much "centralization" are you going to do?
It's a hard question. Generally, the only parts we will enforce to be present once are parts which have to be - mostly patches for vanilla's insanities, like not checking for "instanceof BlockRailBase" in BlockRailBase.isRail(state). There will probably also be a "default distribution" which has additional modules - for the registry/network/etc. stuff you know and love - but some of the modules will be lazy-loaded, so if no mods in your pack depend on them they won't be loaded and they won't bloat up your instance, hopefully.

(cont.)
>>
>>153612131
>by this I mean things like OreDictionary.
Oh. Right. We are still debating that, and got the world-class expert in ore dictionaries Gregorious Technicities to tell us about his experiences with sorting massive amounts of items. Generally, we're aiming for a tagging system ("type.ingot", "material.metal.iron") with a querying system over a dictionary, as the tagging system gives more flexibility for actually lookup items up, as well as their relations to each other, while it also has no false promises of "items being completely equal" (which is rarely actually true) unlike the dictionary. We are also debating integrating it with a general property system.

>this also I guess is a good time to bring up how you are handling rendering, if at all?
The default distribution of Fabric will only have hooks in it, to keep the thing lightweight. However, proper dependency resolution (which is also being debated, but will most likely be automatic download of "trusted" dependency JARs, and manual download of "untrusted" ones - the meaning of "trusted" is yet to be decided) will let you make proper helper libraries other modders can depend on in a modular manner, instead of throwing everything into one JAR and hoping there's no conflicts.

Loading .objs would, in this case, be handled by another module which you would pull in. Fabric would provide the necessary hooks for loading custom model files only.

>I don't know anything about how JSON took over textures and models in 1.8+ but if its simpler than agonizing over OpenGL that's fine with me.
Generally, the 1.8+ system is much less hardcoded and easier to hook into, however Forge made a bit of a second system effect of it.

>buildcraft port/clone for fabric y/n
I am no longer involved with that. However, I want to port some things from Charset.
>>
>>153637364
>the meaning of "trusted" is yet to be decided
To elaborate: Even though we're fully aware the current system of downloading JARs from hopefully not that shady websites is broken, we cannot put a potentially more broken one into the core as we don't want to be responsible for breaking user security. Sadly, we haven't yet discussed this problem in detail, but we want sane automatic dependency resolution for mods.
>>
>>153612003
Also, to make your argument completely pointless:

>certain voices going on about sticking with forge
For its entire lifetime, NOVA was a wrapper ON TOP OF FORGE. In fact, it wasn't meant to ever change that UNLESS IT WAS NECESSARY, as NOVA's scope was NEVER to hook Minecraft itself or replace existing mod loaders.
>>
I'm having crashes on my custom modpack when my inventory is full and I missclick on NEI, so it tries to give me items, and then crashes
Any ideas ?
>>
>>153638295
Disable NEI's cheat mode.
>>
>>153638379
I use it for basics items for convenience
Like now that I've a shitton of cobble, I don't want to go back through my whole base to get 3 miserables stacks of cobble
>>
>>153638605
Then make a chest and deposit your shit inside of it before cheating new items in.
>>
>>153638605
>doesn't have something like a blackhole talisman for picking up the thousands of cobble from mining to draw from
>>
>>153598018
Couldn't you hook up an ME system that connect to all the buildings eventually so you can craft with anything from anywhere?
>>
>>153633413
>That draw distance
>>
>>153641449
>AE
Takes the fun out of things IMO, and makes them too easy
I just setup a bunch of forestry worktables instead :^)
>>
>>153641735
>Takes the fun out of things IMO, and makes them too easy
I can definitely respect this mindset, I'm just not used to seeing it in /mcg/. Good on you, man.
>>
>>153641735
logistics pipes is at least funier to setup
>>
>page 10
>>
Hey guys, I remember in BuildCraft I could pump lava from the Nether for power - how do I do that in Thermal Expansion or MineFactory Reloaded? If that's not an option what do you recommend?
>>
>>153646321
>what do you recommend
Using BuildCraft.
>>
>>153646321
http://teamcofh.com/docs/thermal-expansion/machines/magma-crucible/

Needs power though

haha you're fucked
>>
>watching boring af ic2 direwolf video
>he places a block and his whole build blows up

how is this a fun mechanic again?
>>
>>153647589
>wrench a machine wrong
>only get the casing back
>>
>>153646668
I'm not sure, but I think the total output is positive
Like the magma crucible uses 40rf/tic and the magmatic dynamo generates 80RF/tic or someting like that
>>
>>153596636
No, they are not.
>>
>>153632096
use slabs, it makes the roof half as tall.
>>
is there ever a point where the chaos guardian doesnt just kill you instantly
i have last stand and half upgraded draconic armor, but if I get caught in a barrage i'm just dead
>>
page 1010
>>
>>153637609
>wrapper on top of forge
which is a cute claim for something that was alledged to be a multi-game thing. because forge is specific to one game.

nevermind that lex was still ready to go thermonuclear over it, and you still fell all over yourself to kiss his ass to make him shut up.

you're not going to live it down, just fuck off already you hypocritical twat.
>>
>>153601740
What is the name of this mod? I know a fair bit of lua and it looks like it would be very helpful.
>>
>>153654917
OpenComputers

>>153653940
Stop bullying asie. His "kissing Lex's ass" was born out of a desire to not be a dick to a depressed loser (Lex).
>>
ded thred
>>
File: 2016-09-02_10.16.00.png (433KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_10.16.00.png
433KB, 1920x1080px
AAAAH HA!!! Had to dig down to Y22, but I finally found the fucker that kept spawning furious zombies near my base.
>>
>>153651195
yes. when you have ~3000 levels of experience and Last Stand.

>>153637140
so Fabric cut in up into packages; you get the parts you need for the mod you want to make. makes sense.
I like less bloat, less bloat is good.

>>153637364
>everything
ok!

the buildcraft port/clone was in jest. though if someone makes a tube/pipe mod for Fabric it should be called CLANG

>>153637534
without developing an entire security suite there's not much you can do to ensure what you get is what you're looking for.
I'm not sure how simple putting in hashing would be but you could have a manifest embedded in the core of Fabric that you hash downloaded dependencies against for integrity. it wouldn't be perfect but it'd be something.
of course you'd have to hash every single possible dependency (every mod ever developed for Fabric and all its own modules) which is insane

if you REALLY want secure downloads and stuff like that you'd need a server, a signed cert, a way to handle key pairs and decryption, and all that shit. it all would require its own infrastructure. oh and this server has to be protected from intrusion at some point
>>
>>153654917
Yeah as the other anon said it's OpenComputers.

If you just wanna fire up a computer and be done with you could also use Computercraft.
But imo it's too easy, the damn things don't even require power.

OpenComputers has some microcrafting which I dread if done excessively (fuck you IC2), but it's very managable. You'll be able to swap out CPU, GPU, etc. as you please. Bretty awesome mod overall
>>
>>153647589
with old IC2 it was actually kind of fun because there was less of everything and little to no tedium, so that was okay like five years ago. and it made sense that if you put too much power into a machine it would explode.

>>153648319
that however was always irritating. there's no way to know about that UNLESS you look at a wiki ahead of time or are informed somehow. its a meta-gotcha.
>>
>>153658290
personal note on automatic dependency downloads; I don't like it on principle because an automatic thing I have no control over. but if there's a yes/no box before it does something then its okay, because I've said its okay.
>>
>>153653940
>which is a cute claim for something that was alledged to be a multi-game thing.
Which never turned out to be true. Beyond Terasology and Starmade, nothing else really targetted the JVM, and out of those two only Terasology could realistically get support for it.

Effectively, the Minecraft wrapper of NOVA at least was never planning to ditch Forge, as we couldn't be bothered to maintain both an abstraction layer and low-level hooks at the same time.

>nevermind that lex was still ready to go thermonuclear over it
Not over NOVA. He was only angry we coremodded Forge against his wishes, and he goes thermonuclear on anyone who supports coremods at all - he just banned tterrag for saying coremods are sometimes necessary.

>and you still fell all over yourself to kiss his ass to make him shut up.
He approached me with an apology that sounded genuine, and I had no reason to believe he would consider it null and void after it quiets down at the time. Besides, the NOVA team did not want to destroy Lex - all we wanted to do is be able to use Java 8 classes in a Forge mod, which was added shortly thereafter (like, a few days to a week from when the drama ended).

>you're not going to live it down, just fuck off already you hypocritical twat.
Why do you care about me if my mere existence makes you go thermonuclear? Why can't you just ignore my work? Why do you feel the need to constantly bait me, like you have been for the last 1.5 years? Do you get enjoyment out of it? If so, I guess I'm glad I could make your life a tiny bit better and more enjoyable. If not, why do you keep doing it?
>>
>>153658290
>I'm not sure how simple putting in hashing would be but you could have a manifest embedded in the core of Fabric that you hash downloaded dependencies against for integrity. it wouldn't be perfect but it'd be something.
That was my original plan, but you cannot trust that a modder's provided hashes are secure at all - think about shadier mod hosting sites, they could just make the mod provide dependencies with higher versions than originals and its own hashes.

As for the infrastructure, all you really need is to sign all the files in the JAR with a modder's public key and, on download, verify if said signatures are valid. There's many public services of handling keypairs and matching them to users as well, like Keybase. The only problem is the definition of "trusted certificate" vs. "untrusted certificate" - and leaving it to users is not enough as most would prob. blindly click "Trust" on every request.

>>153658786
Sure, we could do that. The idea was for the initial download to be automatic, but future updates to be manual. We could add an infobox before the initial download as well.
>>
>trying to figure out if I can get dense ores and strata to play nicely together
I'll just need a decent custom ore gen setting after that, but fuck, I really don't want to deal with the COG configs
Is there an easier way to set that up properly, with things like biome weighting?
>>
>>153659728
>>which is a cute claim for something that was alledged to be a multi-game thing.
To elaborate: The theoretical possibility was there, but in practice, it was never implemented. The multi-version bit was - we had the same mods running in 1.7.10 and 1.8.

>Effectively, the Minecraft wrapper of NOVA at least was never planning to ditch Forge
Unless a noticeable chunk of the community moved to another solution with all the necessary features, making it viable for us to support it as another wrapper. As far as I know, however, Meddle doesn't have them anyway and neither does M3L, making that point just as void.
>>
so i'm standing at the bottom of my sky factory 2.5 mob spawner, which is just a generic long shaft and they die when they hit the bottom
for some reason, with the spawner off, i'm just gaining a level a second from apparently nothing
i'm guessing this has something to do with the awakened item dislocator i have, but i'm curious where it's drawing all these levels from
>>
File: 2016-08-26_00.25.37.png (457KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-26_00.25.37.png
457KB, 925x530px
I guess I have to save the day again.
Gimme some mods to fuck with.
>>
>>153660545
world edit
Wolrd paint
mc edit
fucking building wands
omg just use something other than doing it manually
>>
>>153660645
his form of autism is just too advanced for /mcg/
>>
>>153660645
No, nigga. Stuff that adds mobs, or weapons, or new stuff like blocks and shit.
>>
>>153660808
world edit
Wolrd paint
mc edit
fucking building wands
>>
>>153661192
I'm gonna let the thread die.
>>
>>153660808
B U I L D C R A F T
>>
I'm just barely smart enough to set up partial automation, but rarely full automation. Whatever. I just need a shitton of wood for a thing so this is good enough.

>>153661349
Don't go out of your way to save the thread. It's really not worth the effort.
>>
File: 2016-09-02_11.12.56.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_11.12.56.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>153661601
Forgot my shitty picture because I'm drunk.
>>
>>153659850
ah yes, #-minecraft.dl, the source of all your unwanted keyloggers and trojans.
Since Curse controls basically all mod DLs for Forge there could be a repository like that which collates all downloads and make a point that users should download mods from there or from the mod author's Github releases page and download from nowhere else.

trusted certs would have to be a system strong enough on its own to not require user input or have the question for input be structured in a way that gets the point across while being concise enough joe shmo will understand the thing.

pls do infobox. A 'hey I'm getting <this package> from here: <place>' would suffice.

>>153660042
if you find COG too much, try CoFHcore's oregen. There's likely to be more available examples and information with that than COG.
>>
>>153660545
>>153660808
Matter Overdrive
Electrical Age
RotaryCraft ( + ReactorCraft)
OpenComputers

Enjoy your CLANG.
>>
File: surprise.png (86KB, 773x605px) Image search: [Google]
surprise.png
86KB, 773x605px
Also, if you want to get rid of LexManos, you'll have to get rid of Mojang first.

https://github.com/Mojang/LegacyLauncher/pull/13
>>
>>153660545
are you manually placing ores and the decorative blocks

you absolute madman
>>
>>153661974
Yes.
>>
File: 2016-09-03_01.59.38.png (446KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_01.59.38.png
446KB, 1920x1017px
>NEI being a little shit and greying everything out, yet still working
Any suggestions? Will post mod list in a sec
>>
>>153661920
lol i was watching this drama on twitter, i think fyber wants to throttle lex and grum both
>>
File: voyager WIP.png (143KB, 1423x829px) Image search: [Google]
voyager WIP.png
143KB, 1423x829px
>>153662373
[modpack in progress] +my 4 or so custom resource packs to fix various things
>>
>>153662572
Jesus christ that's the biggest kitchen sink I've ever seen
>>
>>153662748
Eh, it'll probably get trimmed a bit as I keep testing stuff. I just don't feel like re-enabling mods 1-by-1 right now to find the issue
>>
File: lex-malus.png (115KB, 788x708px) Image search: [Google]
lex-malus.png
115KB, 788x708px
>>153661920
You forgot the important bit.
>>
>>153661845
You forgot the Flamingo mod.

:^)
>>
>>153660645
not him but building sky islands like that can be fun. I remember spending about a month or two doing that back in 1.5
>>
>>153663775
>lex hasn't written any of launchwrapper's code
>lex has authority of the repo

u wat mojang
>>
>you will never harass lex into ackbaring all over curse hq, mailing mojang and microsoft anthrax, and fixing all of minecraft in one fell swoop
>>
>>153665265
I love how every single aspect of this fucking game is handled by the most incompetent people possible.
>>
>>153665795
>KEEN unfucks itself by gassing marek
>mojang still screwed
never thought I'd see the day when spengies becomes less fug than minecraft
>>
>>153665957
Fun fact: I have /mcg/ and /egg/ open at the same time and this post made me confused about which one I was in.
>>
>>153667501
>>
>>153598018
A E S T H E T I C S
>>
Anyone have thoughts on Skript? I really like it personally.
>>
>>153667537
post yfw no more scratches on glass
>>
>>153657954
lol. You going to convert him into something else?
>>
>>153661920
I am not familiar with a lot of things minecraft mod related since I've generally played vanilla for years (with the exception of Thaumcraft which I had played and finished last month). Can anyone explain what has happened here? I did a search and it looks like he's related to Forge somehow.

Also, reccomend me some mods to play through for Minecraft? I really liked Thaumcraft.
>>
>>153668456
stuff relating to the way that forge patches and tweaks the game I think.
If you liked thaumcraft, try some of its addons, gadomancy, automagy, thaumic tinkerer with some of the cancer disabled, thaumic horizons, thaumic bases, etc.
But TC is a relatively complex mod, what parts of it did you like specifically?
>>
How do we make this thread not so goddamn dead?

>>153668456
>Also, reccomend me some mods to play through for Minecraft? I really liked Thaumcraft.
Other mods with an in-game manual, heavy progression elements, and really pretty graphics include:

Immersive Engineering
Botania
Psi
RotaryCraft
Flaxbeard's Steam Power
MatterOverdrive (I think it has an in-game manual?)
>>
>>153668846
>Botania
>Psi
10$ somebody gonna sperg about it in a couple of minutes
>>
>>153668916
inb4
>Vazkii
>she
>>
>>153668916
Reality is that those mods are more personal taste, flowerfag is an okish coder, just a cancerous person.
Rotarycraft is not.
Breaking your game to render stuff in 3d, it's laggy as shit, etc.
>>
>>153669023
I actually didn't notice the Rotarycraft mention in your post

This is what Vazkiiposting has made me, tell me I asked for this
>>
>>153668846
>Reika
>Vazkii
You wanna get cancer? Because thats how you get cancer
>>
>>153668163
I just needed to clear the Eerie biome that was coming off of that node. I have a crate full of other jared nodes, sinisters included. I'll probably just use them to make a Furious Zombie grinder.
>>
>>153668969
Who even cares.
>>
>>153670186
I heard YUNoMakeGoodMap is a decent mod... A certain nice fellow by the name of "LexManos" made it.

>>
>For everyone at Pax West, join Slowpoke101 and members of the FTB team alongside @LexManos in the sphinx theatre for the panel at 1:30 today

anyone at the panel? ask lex why he doesn't cooperate with other people in the community and see if he has a massive meltdown on the stage.
>>
File: 2016-09-02_12.41.01.png (3MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_12.41.01.png
3MB, 1920x1017px
I MAY have fucked something up during world generation.
>>
>>153673729
>that feel when you swim in spicy nacho velveeta cheese sauce
>>
File: 2016-09-02_12.45.43.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_12.45.43.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
This is a much better spawn.
>>
>>153673729
What did you do to be able to actually see when swimming in lava/water?
>>
>>153674045
LENS FLARE
>>
>>153674314
Creative mode with shaders.
>>
>>153592727
What's the go to patch for mods currently?
>>
>>153673056
I wish...
>>
are Spigot and Bukkit the same thing? like,

https://github.com/MCTCP/TerrainControl/wiki/Version-history#tc-2-8-0

I want to use that but the later versions dont look like theyre "bukkit", they became "spigot" suddenly. would they still work?
>>
>>153675179
Spigot used to be a fork of Bukkit with additional performance enhancements. After Bukkit got DMCA'd, Spigot devs consulted a few lawyers and found a way to keep releasing their Bukkit fork in a non-license-infringing manner, and they have taken up maintenance of Bukkit since.
>>
>>153611974
A hole :^)
>>
>>153675368
I wouldn't be able to use this plugin with Bukkit then, would I? I had no idea about Bukkit, and I've already got a ton of shit that's hanging off of bukkit that I don't know would be compatable with it or not.
>>
>>153675580
oh shit nevermind, went to their bukkit page and found this line:

>"You'll always find the newest approved stable builds here. As of 2.4, the files will work on both Bukkit and Forge servers (without the need of something like MCPC+) and on singleplayer with Forge. Installation instructions can be found here."

FUG YEAR
>>
File: machine.png (187KB, 529x464px) Image search: [Google]
machine.png
187KB, 529x464px
Now, class! Can anyone tell me what this machine does?
>>
I want to build a fucking huge techbase but I can never settle on a modpack to use and people on servers I go to always just rush to endgame with no care for aesthetics. Halp.
>>
>>153676638
Increase the world ticking time.
>>
>>153677479
>filename
>>
>>153677781
>skyblock

Go to dick, I said I cared about aesthetics.

Although, Infinity Evolved might be a good idea.
>>
>>153656170
>"bullying" a hypocritical twat being wrong
>pampering a piece of shit like lex not being wrong
>>>/out/
>>
>>153677781
what the fuck am I even looking at
>>
>>153677479
I just use FTB IE. Yeah whatever Curse are jews, I don't care, I just want to play my autism mods without worrying about making sure everything works.

I'm in the process of building a huge base myself in SSP, though its probably less techy than you'd hope. Its about 8 chunks in area and will extended from bedrock to sky limit. Bedrock level is my treefarm and boilers to produce enough energy for the complex, and will probably move my animal farms down there. Ground floor is Applied Energistics Central, along with empty space for I'm not sure what yet. Below that is a mass complex of coke ovens, buildcraft pipes, and thaumcraft golems turning logs into charcoal and creosote to be burned in my basement boilers. Railcraft tanks and TiCon smelteries are also on this level. Below that is my mining nexus and ore processing plant. Then theres still a few unused subterranean floors that I plan on utilizing. Then above the ground floor is firstly my Thaumcraft base of operations, though thats still a WIP. I have quite a few floors to finish building (and the roof so I can set up solar panels and apiaries), each floor is about 9 blocks high, and the whole thing is made up of Chisel Cobblestone Bricks and Purpled Fantasy Blocks.

Don't know why I bothered to type this out. Just empathize with your yuuge building dreams.
>>
File: chunkworld_redux_01.png (666KB, 1600x847px) Image search: [Google]
chunkworld_redux_01.png
666KB, 1600x847px
I'm updating my chunkworld map atm. Cleaning up some of the boring buildings.

Pic related: Among many others, the medieval watchtower and brick buildings got an overhaul...
>>
File: asian_dojo.png (537KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
asian_dojo.png
537KB, 1024x1024px
>>153679937

Also desinged a cute little dojo while I'm at it :3
>>
File: chunkworld_redux_dojo.png (654KB, 1600x847px) Image search: [Google]
chunkworld_redux_dojo.png
654KB, 1600x847px
>>153680126
In-game screencap
>>
>>153680126
cute
>>
>>153678513
>I just want to play my autism mods without worrying about making sure everything works.
That's exactly why you shouldn't be playing IE,
configs are all a mess, shitty bloat mods, jew useless shit like FTBtweaks, But wtv, if ppl dont wanna be swayed they just wont. Just dont impose your shitty preferences unto others.
>>
>>153680653
>That's exactly why you shouldn't be playing IE,
>configs are all a mess, shitty bloat mods, jew useless shit like FTBtweaks
I like how whenever someone tries to shit on IE they start off sounding semi-reasonable before devolving into chimp-speak.

>But wtv, if ppl dont wanna
Lol holy shit faggot just kill yourself. Do mobile posters seriously think this is an ok way to talk?
>>
File: pioneer_office.png (372KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pioneer_office.png
372KB, 1024x768px
>>153620242
Just replace the acacia wood with clay, brick or sandstone...
>>
>>153681365
But wtv, if ppl dont wanna be swayed they just wont.
>>
>>153681365
>too stupid to make your own modpack
>makes fun of the other anon for being too stupid to speak correctly
oh the irony
>>
File: 3S5Q9Ej.png (511KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3S5Q9Ej.png
511KB, 1024x768px
>>153620242
This is more of a saloon/shop building. Simple, but effective!
>>
>>153681783
i'm not really convinced by the wool

have you tried with stairs (on two lines) or a flat slab line?
>>
File: wats.png (110KB, 1249x813px) Image search: [Google]
wats.png
110KB, 1249x813px
>try a new modpack
>start a Garden of Glass world
>see these
>>
>>153681748
>implying making a modpack isn't easy as piss
>implying you know what irony means
>>
>>153680653
I'm the one you responded to, not the other one, and I just gotta say I've never had a problem with IE. Runs fine, occasional lag spikes but I'm also running it off of a mid-end laptop that occasionally had trouble with vanilla minecraft. And restarting it fixes it every time. Am I missing something on why I shouldn't be playing IE?
>>
>>153683893
it is easy as piss, that's why you'd have to be really stupid to push your applefag it just werks attitude.
>>
File: 1455928936329.gif (2MB, 353x300px) Image search: [Google]
1455928936329.gif
2MB, 353x300px
>>153684042
What an ironic thing say.

Really though, what the fuck are you trying to say with that mangled string of buzzwords.
>>
>>153683968
Tons of bloat mods that you either never gonna use or just cause lag for the sake of it.
Using IE as a platform to try stuff out is OK.
But once you get the hang of changing mods, adding and tweaking configs then you should just start from scratch.
all the FTB utilities mods are garbage, add nothign but bloat.
Growthcraft over Pam's, always.
JABBA is lag shit, consider better storage or storage drawers.
And so on and so forth, you learn and you start getting yourself away from the badly put together mess that FTB packs are
>>
>>153684257
you're a either really bad at baiting or a person who came in halfway through their argument who mistook ie for immersive engineering when it was clear they were talking about infinity expert.
>>
>>153684257
>FtBfags
He's saying that FtB does not dedicate nearly enough time — frankly I doubt they dedicate any — to bugfixing, configuration, and testing.
Furthermore, their modpacks tend to have way too many mods. Normally this could be brushed off as >bloat, however, they often have two mods that do almost the exact same thing.
They also have "custom" utility mods they shove in packs which do absolutely nothing good.

On top of that, because of the way they do things, should you have a problem, it's often not easy to fix.

On the other hand, if you assemble your own pack, get to know it in and out, and test and config it thoroughly, you probably won't have any of these problems.
>>
>>153684630
Oh, also as >>153684365 mentioned, they make poor choices in mod decision, choosing mods made by modders they like or aprove of rather than alternatives that are actually good.
>>
>>153668456
>Thaumcraft which I had played and finished last month
what do you mean finished?
>>
I'm on 1.8 but a mod I want says it requires 1.8.9

Does it actually? Is 1.8-1.8.9 not just bug fixes?
>>
>>153688497
Not at all. 1.8.8->1.8.9 is, but 1.8->1.8.8 has a fair bit of breaking changes both in vanilla and Forge.
>>
File: 2spooky4me chair toss.gif (379KB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4me chair toss.gif
379KB, 300x164px
guys I'm playing Twilight Forest, and there's this random spot near a tree and a ravine that makes terrifying gasping whisper sounds and tosses fireballs at me. I can't tell what the fuck it is. Anyone know?

I guess it could be something from another mod in the pack but the closest thing it sounds like is blazes and blazes aren't invisible.
>>
>>153689438
sounds like one of those thermal foundation blaze variants.
>>
File: 1468096006927.jpg (43KB, 576x406px) Image search: [Google]
1468096006927.jpg
43KB, 576x406px
>install forge for 1.8.9
>nothing but errors
>forge for 1.7.10 still works

lads help
>>
>>153691095
why?
not even "lol don't go past 1.7.10", but 1.8.9 is the shittest version out of 1.8/1.9/1.10
also use fucking multimc
>>
>>153691316
Because it's the latest version for ComputerCraft, unless I can't read for shit
>>
Did I miss some DRAMMMA?
>>
>>153691517
well then use 1.7.10
1.8.9 is the skip version.
Opencomputers is better utility wise, anyways, I think.
Definitely not recipe wise.
>>
>>153691517
1.9.4 has a beta on the ComputerCraft forums, use that.

>>153691559
Yes, LexManos locked a FyberOptic PR on a Mojang project
>>
>>153691795
Why does LexManos have power over a Mojang project?
>>
>>153691795
Saw that, also saw many reports of bugs so I thought I'd just stick with the regular ones.

Are there still any big problems or have they been smoothed out?
>>
>>153692013
Because the Launchwrapper was co-written by cpw and grum.

>>153692573
No idea, I just use OpenComputers.
>>
>>153689830
Those are visible though; I've seen them. And it doesn't despawn.
>>
>>153676638
crashes this server with no survivors?

>>153678513
pics pls
>>
bumb
>>
Buildcraft for 1.10 when?
>>
>>153697018
AlexIIL and afdw are still working on it, but as they decided to rewrite the BuildCraft codebase over licensing and quality issues, it will still take months.
>>
>>153693119
yeah but what does cpw writing it have to do with lex
>>
File: 2016-08-26_01.14.12.png (330KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-26_01.14.12.png
330KB, 925x530px
>>
>>153697474
cpw and LexManos work very closely together. They always have been.
>>
File: Weird-Man-kissing-with-Bear.jpg (55KB, 570x421px) Image search: [Google]
Weird-Man-kissing-with-Bear.jpg
55KB, 570x421px
>>153697826
I get it.
>>
>>153697556
are you doing this in creative or survival?
>>
>>153698294
Both.
>>
>>153698365
Explain you are self
>>
>>153698919
TMI
>>
>>153697826
>Yes, LexManos locked a FyberOptic PR on a Mojang project

I think LexManos lives close to CPW in real life and can walk over and bully him if he does something Lex doesn't like, I think.
>>
>>153700947
>implying lex does much walking
>implying lex leaves his trailer for any reason than food and paid trips to pax and minecon for the free food
>>
File: 1452367421893.jpg (229KB, 800x921px) Image search: [Google]
1452367421893.jpg
229KB, 800x921px
Anon, the eternal question:
1.7.10 or a later version?
>>
Is there an easier way to grow a thaumcraft node other than putting hundreds of smaller nodes next to it, without beeeeeeeeeeeeeess?
>>
>>153701758
DEPENDNG ON WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JUST PLAY WHATEVER THE FUCK IT PLEASE YOUR DICK GOD FUCKING DAMNIT YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR MCG APPROVAL TO PLAY SOMETHING JUST HOW STUPID ARE YOU.
Not mad, just tired of this shit every thread.
>>
>>153702271
>APPROVAL
You misunderstand me.

I'm indecisive on what I want and am seeking a tiebreaker, preferably in the form of "well, <cool mod> is on <version> so play that!"
>>
>>153702221
THorizons node linker, or that thing you put on the side of energised nodes to boost the output? Convert it to a hungry node with TBases or that TC/IE compat mod, and feed it for a while?
>>
>>153702501
uh...Gadomancy is on 1.7? that's pretty neat.
>>
>>153702501
Oh, I thought it was another baiting and derailing (of ded) question, in that case 1.9/1.10 has some of the Vazkii mods (havent tried and ignore that Vazkii is a shit), Chisel and Bits and also reddit and forgefags are doing everything they can to kill 1.7.10 so new mods come really often to 1.10.2.

On the other hand 1.7 has 1k+ mods with a lot of variation to choose. I personally prefer 1.7 as it also performs better but if I were you I would try an older version.
>>
>>153703906
>On the other hand 1.7 has 1k+ mods with a lot of variation to choose. I personally prefer 1.7 as it also performs better but if I were you I would try an older version.
Yeah that's fair.

I'm pretty sure 1.9 and 1.10 still have shit-all for tech.
>>
>>153702271
So you're mad.
>>
>>153705609
At first I was but the madness left at the middle of writing that. Just that its annoying to see the same old shit and questions every single thread you know?
>>
File: 1469534741608.jpg (29KB, 528x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469534741608.jpg
29KB, 528x480px
>applemilk&tea2 has comparability with an economy mod
>the addon allows for purchasing of energy through a "magic space" box that you purchase cards and use them through
>the key item when placed instantly crashes the game

Despair
>>
File: 1470269196147.jpg (83KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470269196147.jpg
83KB, 600x500px
>server introduced a whitelist
>>
>>153706036
>gooks made an economy mod
Of course they did. Why can't we have nice things, /mcg/? Why do the Japs get all the nice things?
>>
What are the best Applied Energistics 2 addons?
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3hf31pQu6E&t=29m38s
>IC2
>>
File: 2016-09-02_09.35.53.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_09.35.53.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
I love it whenever a skeleton fights a skeleton.
>>
>>153709515
>wireless inventory panel
Is that from Ender IO?! Fucking how?!
>>
>>153709721
How did you achieve this? For some reason, I had no idea this was possible.
>>
>>153701758
1.7.10. 1.10 has some new mods and changes to old mods (like Blood Magic and Extra Utils getting even grindier) but they aren't worth abandoning everything 1.7.10 still has over it.
>>
>>153710094
You just trick 1 skeleton into shooting at another skeleton. Skeleton 2 aggros skeleton 1 and shoots it, forcing skeleton 1 to aggro skeleton 2. Happens all the time when fighting skeletons in tight quarters.
>>
>>153709721
>something something textures shit taste something something noses

>>153710094
>stand in between two skeletons
>dodge arrow
>hits one
>that skeleton now wants to fug up the day of the other one
>they get in a fight
>>
>>153710275
> shit textures
What? >>153709721 looks alright to me.
>>
>>153710354
something something taste not textures something something guy's a cunt something something child labor
Specifics start thread killing shitposting by this one retard. The less said about things that trigger him the better.
>>
>>153710354

Probably the same autist who has a thing out for anyone who chooses to use Sphax PureBDcraft instead of his shitty pixelated Medieval packs.
>>
>>153710354
Irrational hatred for Shpax textures is a very old /mcg/ meme.
>>
>>153710806
but it really does look like shit
>>
>>153709721
Why does that texture pack looks different?

It looks like Sphax, but at the same time, doesn't.
>>
>>153710854
Not really, there are definitely other packs out there that deserve the title of 'shit'. Like John Smith Legacy for instance.
>>
STOP TRYING TO KILL THE THREAD LIKE THE LAST ONE
ITS EVEN MORE DANGEROUS NOW BECAUSE BURGS HAVE HOLIDAY
sshhh
>>
>>153710905
It's probably the Vanilla pack.

>>153710854
> stop liking what I dislike
>>
>>153711045
>John Smith
It looks better tho, its ok to have opinions anon, even if they are bad but dont say shiet.
>>
>>153711193
John Smith is the kind of pack that autists who play Dwarf Fortress say is quality graphics making. True facts.
>>
>>153711152
What the fuck are you on about, spergtard. If you don't want the thread to die, post some actual content.
>>
>>153711193
Upgrade to Oro's Rustic.
>>
Is there a way to automatically skip nights? I want to speed up my bees while I afk and nocturnal is a ways away.
>>
>>153711458
I actually use Pixel Perfection, but I like JS better than Sphax.
>>
>>153711561
Draconic furfaglution has a thing which when powered by redstone accelerates the day night cycle. Rig it up with a daylight sensor or something
Or use one of the easymodo beenetics mods to make them both dinural and nocturnal
>>
File: d12PHIL-1009x1023.jpg (125KB, 1009x1023px) Image search: [Google]
d12PHIL-1009x1023.jpg
125KB, 1009x1023px
>>153711581
Why do you prefer the Nintendo looking packs?
>>
File: Fuckin Perps.jpg (35KB, 534x316px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckin Perps.jpg
35KB, 534x316px
>>153711729
>seriously recommending someone use Dragon Dildolotion
>>
>>153712008
Why do you prefer packs that, to me,look like a children's cartoon?
Why does /d/ like their women with benises?
Why does /po/ hate jews?
Why does /qa/ still have a problem with horsefuckers who keep trying to get global rule 15 repealed and anime banned?
Why is saucenao not a built in imagesearcher?
Why are saucefags not banned on sight?
There are some questions not worth considering
>>
>>153712008
Sphax looks childish, more tan other pack and PP is 16x which blends with mods better.
>>
>2016
>people still can't build for shit
baka
>>
>>153712469
Why do you feel the need to fuel your addiction with mods?

>>153712250
Why do you think I play children's games?
>>
File: 2016-09-02_19.50.39.png (514KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_19.50.39.png
514KB, 1680x1050px
This is kind of a neat resource pack. It kind of reminds me of something the Yogscast would use.
>>
>>153712786
Why do you feel the need to shitpost about completely subjective personal taste in a thread mostly dedicated to modded minecraft?
Are you from /kspg/?
It sounds like you are.
The mods hate /kspg/
>>
>>153712250
>Why do you prefer packs that, to me,look like a children's cartoon?
You are aware that you're currently playing a game intended for children, yes?
>>
>>153713065
Every time they're mentioned thread descends into people with an irrational hatred of them and underage b& who cannot take honest criticism.

Their early content was good, but once they started pandering to children they got worse.
Apparently they're better now.
However the less said about them the better.
>>
>>153713218
> Stop liking what I dislike.
Kys.
>>
>>153713065
Lewis and Simon sometimes seem like a lot of what they do is pandering, but they're okay sometimes and the banter is occasionally good. Their old content was pretty great, though. Sips is based, but I don't remember the last time I saw him do minecraft. Sjin is fun to watch and I always loved watching Feed the World 1, it was comfy. Don't really watch enough of the other guys stuff to give opinions.
>>
>>153713169
I'm playing a game that was made by a swede for fun.
A game that I am free to play in whatever manner I wish, in whatever way I wish, without the interference of others.
>>>/trash/
Fuck off to where you belong /kspg/ tier dramaposting retard
>>
>>153713065
Watched their whole "to the moon" series or whatever it was called. Very comfy to listen/watch. But other than that, haven't watched anything of theirs.

I watch Sips all the time, but nothing MC related.
>>
File: Thefedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
Thefedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>>153713065
I personally think they are definitely a YouTube staple worth checking out. Most of their haters tend to be sad fedora wearing neckbeards like >>153713218 who think just because someone's audience consists of children means that is their target demographic despite the fact there is mature themes and profanity in almost ALL of their content.
>>
>>153713475
>I'm playing a game that was made by a swede for fun.
That happens to have a massive following of children.
>>
>>153713308
>what are your opinions on this thing
>mention that the topic tends to be increadibly polarized and descend into mindless unproductive shitflinging
>offer honest completely subjective opinion that, to me, they used to be good, but I stopped liking them after their production values changed, and that they may have switched back to older ones
Is it necessary to put a disclaimer that other people are free to think what they like about whatever it is on every post now?
>>
>>153713772
You seem perturbed.
>>
>>153713663
Point being what exactly? Unless you have an actual point to make, you're just trying to kill the thread.
Now kindly go back to eating snake shit and sucking cat dick where you belong /kspg/ scum.
>>>/trash/

>>153713562
>same filename and picture as one of the guys whose shitposting killed the last thread
fug, we're screwed
>>
Whatever happened to that one tranny with the concentration camp fetish? I miss her. ;_;
>>
File: 2016-09-02_22.16.19.png (867KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_22.16.19.png
867KB, 1360x706px
Progress.
>>
>>153714046
I, as an autonomous individual, with my completely subjective tastes and opinions, choose to dislike sphax.
You can like it if you want. I, who have no bearing or relevency towards how you feel about it, am also free to criticize and list my criticisms about it.
You are also free to respond. However, you are not free to destroy threads with completely irrelevant bullshit because someone has different taste than you and they do not happen to like your taste, which is what you, and possibly others, did last thread, causing it to die.

Minecraft, despite having an audiance demographically comprised of mostly children at this time, did not start out as a childrens game.
As a completely autonomous human being with my own tastes and preferences, along with my own idiosyncrasies and nuances, am free to be apparently hypocritical in my taste — what may seem hypocritical to another completely autonomous and independent human being may not seem hypocritical to me.

Basically, fuck off you retard tier shitposter.
>>
>>153714589
What may appear to be hypocritical values to you, may not to me.
It is entirely subjective.

FUCK OFF
>>
File: 2016-08-25_21.12.35.png (824KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-25_21.12.35.png
824KB, 1680x1050px
>>153714484
It's like you expect me to read that. Here, have some London circa 1666.
>>
>>153715029
Thank you.
Is nice.
Is basically an autistic long winded way of just saying that taste is subjective and people who have problem with that need to fuck off.
I'm so tired of
>entitled
>childish
etc.
I just want threads to be comfy.
>>
File: 2016-09-02_11.18.39.png (854KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-02_11.18.39.png
854KB, 1680x1050px
Does anyone here play on Prison servers? They're actually a pretty comforting experience that actually feels constraining.
>>
>>153715223
I never really understood them, care to explain what they are?
>>
>>153715352
I'm not the first faggot you were arging with, your posting style is obvious, and you need to die in an extremely painful way.
>>
>>153715347
It's a server for autists like >>153715223. It's possibly more autistic than /mcg/.

>>153715379
>still using Technic
>2016

>>153715429
Nice excuse, faggot; I can tell by your text voice.
>>
>>153715429
>Because posters cannot have similar posting styles.
It's called proper grammar and spelling.
>>
>>153715594
Having proper spelling and grammer is different from linguistic conventions and habits.
Nice try though.
You also happened to use the same images with the same filenames.
>>
>>153715660
Also at around the same time of day.
>>
File: 213213126547357243.png (21KB, 581x210px) Image search: [Google]
213213126547357243.png
21KB, 581x210px
>>153715660
lul
>>
>>153715660
I'm just pointing out that you're attempt to read somebody's text voice is futile as unless you specifically know what the person does then you'll never know for sure. You'll only be making false accusations. The poster in this thread could be a copycat shitposter from the last one.

>>153715782
Let's impersonate everybody in this thread!
>>
>>153715223
Played on a few, they were always what seemed like good experiences, ruined by children who somehow managed to get guard status and either proceeded to go full on hitler instead of following the serb rules, or just got the title to say they're a guard.

Always liked just sitting about, fishing for shit.
>>
File: 1435097814198.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1435097814198.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>153715379
>there are autists who still cling to "MUH PERMISSIONS, TECHNIC IS EVIL," even though it paved the way for cancer to make money for doing nothing anyway
>>
>>153715379
> You are permitted to distribute JourneyMap via the TechniaLauncher for any reason. This policy will not change until they make significant improvements in the way they deal with mod permissions. If you find a Technica modpack that distributes JourneyMap, please praise it on the Technic website. I hope this encourages the mod creator to stop being such a Jew.
>>
>>153715379
If /mcg/ bitches about mods then why don't they make their own modifications?
>>
>>153717249
Lack of technical skill and time. I'm sure since have like beeto but the threshold to enter is too high for most.
>>
>>153717249
>>153717450
Didn't the creator of the chisel mod come here?
>>
File: 1469384955101.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1469384955101.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>153633119
I'll just ask this question one more time. I want to, in 1.10.2, sort into some rftool storage boxes based on what's already in them. Anyone know of any ways to do that?
>>
>>153717249
no need, we can use voxelmap, which is better anyway
>>
File: cursed.jpg (80KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
cursed.jpg
80KB, 640x449px
>>
>>153719405
kek
>>
File: 2016-08-26_10.39.01.png (404KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-26_10.39.01.png
404KB, 925x530px
>>
>>153709349
AE2Stuff for the ultimate in being a lazy cunt.

ExtraCells if you want to hoard everything.
>>
File: 2016-09-03_00.58.47.png (918KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_00.58.47.png
918KB, 1920x1017px
>>153693859
K. The subterranean portion is far more completed than the above-ground part. Still got a lot of work ahead of me.
>>
File: 2016-09-03_00.58.05.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_00.58.05.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>153693859
>>153721363
My crazy, but somewhat comfy mess of railcraft, buildcraft, thaumcraft, and ProjectRed (pls come back eloraam ;-;)

Still a WIP, after I decided the golems weren't cutting it and I need a better solution. I really wish the golems worked better, but they get stuck too often. They're so fun and whimsical, I'd automate everything with them if they were more reliable. But alas. Pipes it is.
>>
>>153713065
Love Sips. Used to watch Lewis and Simon religious from like 2011-2014, but they kinda lost my interest. Loved it the most when the whole Yogs clan, (L&S, Sjin, Sips, Hannah, Nilesy, Turps, Rythian, Hat Films, the rest of 'em (even forgotten guys like Zylus)) would get together and do stuff. Felt so natural.
>>
File: 1432250167691.jpg (29KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1432250167691.jpg
29KB, 604x453px
>mfw breeding trees
>>
ten
e
n
>>
>>153726098
p o s t b u i l d s

The spam filter is being ridiculous right now.
>>
>>153723267
planning on doing that soon. how much does that shit depend on making spreadsheets? eh, i mean making bees
>>
>>153726906
faster bees make it go faster, my cultivated bees are managing one pollination every 20 minutes or so. Most new species happen 10% of the time so look forward to a lot of waiting around.
>>
File: 14359669477302.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
14359669477302.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
I heard you guys talking about me so now I've taken my other form. Forge is now going to take three more minutes to start!
>>
>>153715379
>still using JourneyMap when Xaero's Minimap has a world map addon now and VoxelMap (despite it needing LiteLoader) are vastly superior
>>
>>153713319
>Sjin is fun to watch and I always loved watching Feed the World 1, it was comfy
Good taste - he's a great aesthetic builder. New series of FtW just started, but it's only on the livestream channel or on twitch.
>>
>>153726298
wait why would anyone filter that
>>
[07:24:53] <@LexLap> sup bitches
>>
What's the best minecraft server?
>>
>>153731104
>>
>10
>>
>>153662373
Turns out it was actually Forestry 4 causing this. Worked fine on hobo though, so I have no idea what's up with it, when I've got same versions of everything, and it's all up to date.
But after some fiddling, it seems to have been a MMC instance variable, such as memory or a java arg causing weirdness
>>
File: 2016-09-03_12.26.02.png (950KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_12.26.02.png
950KB, 1366x705px
so /mcg/ i've finally made a modpack i'm happy with.

Still a long ass time for a nei-like library, but gregtech 6 was so awful that i raged and killed the old world.

What do you think about vanilla-like shaders? No cast shadows, the same rules for darkness as vanilla, and only some tweaks on the environment and reflections. And good fps even on a 940m
>>
CLANG
>>
>>153736398
>health and armour bars are mushed
What's the 3rd tool from the end?
Shaders are a personal preference/performance choice. If you like them, and can still get decent fps with them, then sure - go for it
>>
>>153736398
>only some tweaks on the environment and reflections
Nigga that's exactly what I hate about most shaders. All that muddy orangeness and effects that glitch all the time. Now, if there was one with just dynamic shadows and if it worked on my video card I'd use the hell out of it.

>12 fps
>good
K den.
>>
File: 2016-09-03_13.49.53.png (531KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_13.49.53.png
531KB, 1366x705px
>>153738836

I use Iguana tweaks and the like, removing all the bullshit that is weight, faster hunger and longer crop growing.

I feel more immersed when the only thing I know about me is "i'm hungry" or "fuck I have a bad wound"

Also, a reduced regen (like, 5%) but mantaining the well fed effect and the saltwort from salty mod is... pretty good. You need to retreat from fights you can't win and if you, let's say, fall from a tall building and remain with very low health in the outdoors, you need something to recover, not just catch your breath.

When you are in you base, with a low regen you can just work and the little damages (I use gregtech 5u now and the steam pipes hurts, or when you jum 3 meters high) are recovered just fine, and it's not that bad like with "no regen lol" when you die if you jump from a wall 20 times in you life and you die.

>>153739086
>wanting dynamic shadows
>wanting to hide informations about the gameplay using something that look cool but it's not built around the mechanics
>>
>>153739429
Dunno about what you've seen but the ones I used had both the vanilla lighting (from block light sources, determined mob spawning) and sunlight which casted the dynamic shadows. I had no problem seeing where mobs could spawn or not.
>>
>>153739429
>a reduced regen (like, 5%)
Fugg. How does that play in dungeons and boss fights? I'm used to reduced stack sizes, and increased crop time (hunger loss at 75% like a lazy fuck though), but this sounds pretty crazy
>>
>>153743008

The tips is "You don't have regen when fighting".
You need a potion of regen/saltwort/golden apple.

Natural recovery is something you can have at home.
>>
>notch gives minecraft up to jeb
>jeb, dinnerbone, and grum fuck it all up
>jeb gives up minecraft to dinnerbone
>dinnerbone, grum, and searge fuck it all up more

god what will happen if dinnerbone is assigned to a different project
>>
>>153744576
Judging by recent happenings, I suppose LexManos and cpw would be hired next. Or they'd just can MCPC and focus on W10/Pocket.
>>
>>153721363
is not so bad so far anon.

>>153721506
yeah pipes are easier to work with on something like that. they do what you want every time as long as its chunkloaded
looks like you need gold pipes or you need to keep your creosote output in parallel instead of shoving it all into one tube.

tho if you aren't using it for power i guess it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: its beauuuuuuuuutiful.gif (980KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
its beauuuuuuuuutiful.gif
980KB, 500x379px
>tfw multiple anons are posting progress pics
Oh man it's been awhile. Thanks, guys. /mcg/ has been starving for actual content recently.
>>
>>153745094
Yeah I kinda gave up on creosote for now. I have a tank filled with 4k buckets of the stuff and am constantly producing more, so when I get around to setting up that liquid-fed boiler, I'll have plenty, but for now its getting void piped. I also plan on using it to set up a big ol railroad around the world to points of interest, but that's further down the line.
>>
>>153661920
>never been experienced before with the millions of users
I had this bug plenty, plenty of times. You load up an instance with a custom directory and yet the game shows you the save games from the default directory. LexManos is full of shit.
>>
File: riker picard laugh.gif (975KB, 245x193px) Image search: [Google]
riker picard laugh.gif
975KB, 245x193px
Assuming you're playing Survival, how many of you have reached the equivalent of a post-scarcity society in Minecraft?
>>
>>153746907
Anyone who plays with industrial mods. Better than Wolves included.
>>
>>153746907
I suppose infinite, self sustaining power is like the number one task in creating such a society. I've done that, doesn't even rely on external forces like solar or wind. I guess next would have to be an indefinite, self sustaining stream of material via harvest or creation. Still working on that part, but the end goal is in sight.
>>
hey /mcg/ what would it take to update a small mod to 1.9.4?
>>
>>153748719
Something between five seconds and five years depending on the mod features and the original version.
>>
>>153749150
i just want to port the Bacteria mod from 1.8.9 to 1.9.4 and was wondering what i would need to do/how i would need to go about porting the mod.

it isnt that hard...
right?
>>
>>153712250
>Why does /po/ hate jews?
Because they have been ruining societies since the dawn of time. They have been kicked out of litereally every country they have settled in atleast once, often more than once.
>>
>>153712957
What is it?
>>
>>153749405
>>153748719
anyone able to help with this?
https://github.com/TeNNoX-Mods/Bacteria-Mod
>>
>>153750141
pixel perfection or something like that
>>
File: 2016-09-03_17.43.01.png (645KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_17.43.01.png
645KB, 1366x705px
has anyone a weird fetish where you have to build your base like an ancient ruin filled with pre-existent lives and a deep history?

I can't make a cube for my machinery and every time i have to put machines in a fucking dungeon made by me.
>>
>>153750427
same here, only with mountain-based castles.
doesnt matter if the mountain has jack shit for resources and takes hours to get useful items from neighbor biomes, muh impregnable fortress.
>>
File: 2016-09-03_17.45.58.png (743KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_17.45.58.png
743KB, 1366x705px
>>153750427

like... in an ancient temple or something
>>
>>153739429
Dude what mod do you have that expands the toolbar?
>>
>>153751343

dual hotbars
>>
>>153750213
>https://github.com/TeNNoX-Mods/Bacteria-Mod
Well that's interesti-
>only documentation of what the fuck the mod does is a Yogscast video

lol no thanks
>>
Anyone know of any working not dead Minecraft 1.7.3 Beta servers? I wanted to play some with some buddies but the only servers I've found have just been overrun clusterfucks within hundreds of blocks from spawn.
>>
>>153750427
I really like doing that too. Its fun to refit an existing structure to suit your needs. I used to hunt jungle temples for that very reason.
>>
>>153751527
you wot m8?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXVMpBhJiQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYpS0_fOiw
>>
>>153753437
https://youtu.be/2w0K8FVxI2g?t=562
>>
>>153753598
NO GOD NO!
>>
>>153750572
What the fuck are those? Litle ghost girls?

Also what does the C,E,U mean?
>>
File: 2016-09-03_18.06.11.png (327KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_18.06.11.png
327KB, 1366x705px
>>153753720

they are CUTE ship girls. I like using gregtech for building a giant factory for them and use theyr weapon in giant arenas filled with netherminds.

also, don't know for the letters. I guess chunk, updated, but no guess for E
>>
>>153753437
>>153753598
give me text documentation for fuck's sake
>>
File: 1472195725779.png (53KB, 366x263px) Image search: [Google]
1472195725779.png
53KB, 366x263px
>>153753437
>assumed these were links to good minecraft youtubers for some reason
>first video starts with dubstep
>second video starts with screaming
>>
>>153754781
you take sponge (which is now craftable or able to be found in the world), you craft it into "must" you place said block under running water tiles and allow the weird block to grow and turn a dark green.

harvest once it has changed color for "bacteria" which can be used with a redstone torch or coal to craft destructive bacteria or 'replacer' bacteria, you can use said bacteria to make emp-like devices that can kill all rampant bacteria abuse
>>
File: 1464875144553.png (53KB, 298x415px) Image search: [Google]
1464875144553.png
53KB, 298x415px
>>153753437
>>
File: 1455164996390.jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1455164996390.jpg
30KB, 500x359px
>>153755317
Your half-remembered non-experience doesn't count as documentation either.
>>
Do resource packs for 1.7.4 work on 1.7.10?

Alternatively, would a 1.8 resource pack work for 1.7.10?
>>
If you walked far enough, would you eventually find terrain that's exactly the same as another world?
>>
>>153757803
What do you mean?
>>
>>153757803
>>153757918
So you are saying that you cant find a for example, biome or a few chunks that are exactly the same from different seeds?
As its RNG I would say that with the big amount of possible (dont know how much probly close to infinite) there might be times were they repeat just that people arent that autistic to focus on dumb shit like that.
>>
>>153757803
This isn't no jew's sky, that's not how procedural generation works.
Same seed, same stuff.
Not same seed, not same stuff.
No kike's sky has one seed, minecraft has almost infinite
>>
I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure if this is normal or fucking wierd.

I have a giant big hole to bedrock, then I have a big "hall" that I dug out for 100 blocks from what I remember.

From the bottom of the hole I can see the entire "hall", but when I walk into the hall a shadow gets closer and closer until it's like 5 blocks from my face is just pitch black, same shadow the other side of me too.

Was it always like this? I feel like this is new to me. 1.7.10 if it matters.
>>
>>153759215
Draw distance gets shorter the closer you get to bedrock.
>>
>>153759215

you need to have some vertical opening that gets to the sky to remove the "bedrock shadow" every so often.
>>
>>153759389
But I'm still at the same depth. One side has a hole to the top though, so I assume that effects it somehow.

Strange I don't remember it being like this though. Is there a way to turn it off?
>>
>>153758601
Its possible, but minecraft's world actually isnt infinite. Its arbitrarily large, but it does end eventually. The odds of thousands of blocks being identical within the same world, even in such a huge world of minecraft, are so astronomically ridiculous as to warrant a simple "no, its not possible"
>>
>>153759552
Fognerf
>>
>>153759808
Thats what I said tho.
>>
>>153760876
He's complaining that you used a lot of words to say "No, it's not possible" by using a lot of words to say "You should have just said "No, it's not possible".
>>
>>153761225
>Thats what I said tho.
Checking my post, I said you cant while I meant you actually CAN, I meant that given all the possibilities of RNG (almost infinite, a shitton of dem) you would at some point have some chunks or biomes that could be repeated even if they are not the same seed. But I dont think that someone would notice if it happened unless they are pretty autistic..
>>
Hey guys, I'm running a minecraft server on my own pc, to play with a few friends. Unfortunately one of the friends has started griefing the server, and I need to add a whitelist. I've set the whitelist=true in the properties file, however when editing the whitelist.json file, I'm not sure what uuid to use for the players. What I've got looks something like this:

[
{
"uuid": "uuid-goes-here",
"name": "notch"
},
{
"name": "user2"
},
{
"name": "user3"
}
]
>>
>>153761940
You're FAR more likely to win the lottery. If we're talking about just the above ground level then I suppose it's a little more likely (though still stupidly unlikely) but taking into account the caves and caverns it's virtually impossible.
>>
Senpaitachi, I want to start a run in my laptop which isnt as good so I wanted to go with an early version modpack.
How does 1.2.5 tekkit runs in a mid laptop, or as another option I have beta 1.7 but I don´t know which mods I can put on it, any reccomendations?
>>
>>153764124
Tekkit classic should run fine, I've done it with no problems on a craptop.
It's also comfy as fug.
>>
>>153764230
What about beta?
Seems comfy too
>>
So what do we use for quarries in 1.10.2?
>>
>>153764948
gamemode 1
>>
>>153764948
ExtraUtils? BC? Or you can always use dirt to diamonds too.
>>
How's Project Ozone 2, anyone play it? Which world type are you supposed to go with, Garden of Glass or what?

Haven't played in over a year and I normally don't care for skyblock packs at all, but the massive questbook seems pretty sweet. Or is there some other recent modpack that'd have that + exploration with prebuilt shit and both magick and tech? The more challenging the better.
>>
File: curseterfucked.png (121KB, 1177x927px) Image search: [Google]
curseterfucked.png
121KB, 1177x927px
What are we missing?
>>
>>153766439
ribbit, 4chan, and maybe aspie
>>
>>153766439
* Amazon -> Twitch
* TUG is dead
* Grum also went Bukkit -> Mojang
* CanVox, not Canvox
>>
>>153761951
Anyone?
>>
>can't make string from wool
>only hope is to wait till night time to kill spiders or cut webs with a fucking sword

this game is shit
>>
>>153768649
>vanilla
>>
>>153768649
>vanilla
>>
>>153768649
>cut webs with a fucking sword

Gee, you haven't even found a mineshaft yet? Git gud.
>>
>>153768738
>>153768794

I have a handful of mods but I don't want to install anything massive because I'll never use all of the features and it seems dumb to.

>>153768909
My point was the logic of the thing.
>>
>>153768986
mod list fgt
>>
File: dirt to coke.png (584KB, 728x615px) Image search: [Google]
dirt to coke.png
584KB, 728x615px
CLANG
>>
>>153769847
Question, I posted my mess of coke ovens further up in the thread, but am I missing a good way to get lots of clay? I just spend like an in-game month going around and digging clay out of rivers.
>>
guys, is Reika a furfag who inserts his fetish into the mods he makes? I need to know what not to put in my modpack.
thanks
>>
>>153770000
Some of them, yes.
Also, what a fucking waste of a get.
>>
>>153769998
If you're playing Natural Capital, the bottom of the ocean is just solid clay for miles.
>>
>>153769257
I'm not a moron mate, I have a handful of mods already. I don't see any to do with string/wool though, so not sure what you are getting at.
>>
>>153770673
Just post it so we can reccomend you shit senpai that would blend with it.
>>
>>153770673
I'm honestly just curious what mods you use.
>>
>>153769998
Also want to know how to get a reasonably big amount of that clay. Not using Natural Capital.
>>
File: curseterfucked2.png (129KB, 1177x937px) Image search: [Google]
curseterfucked2.png
129KB, 1177x937px
There are three or four people associated with FTB and modding that work for Curse now too but I don't remember who they are.
>>
>>153771021
All of them were laid off, except ZeldoKavira - who has been involved in modding, mostly as the author of Additional Pipes for BC, later helping with Thermal Expansion/CoFH - but he hasn't been involved much since he went to work for Curse.
>>
>>153771181
what about watchful?
>>
>>153766749
>aspie
Nobody misses him
>>
>>153771253
According to Reddit, he released packs on FTB's launcher (as a 3rd-party developer) and became a staff member at some point.
>>
>>153768649
>can't make string from wool

Convenient Recepies does this
>>
So I want bronze for reasons but I installed some oregen mods lately on my playrun so I have copper but I need tin and I have to go 2k to find a place with those ores generated so yeah fuck my life.
Any way to get bronze/tin more easily?
>>
>>153772180
Turn on the retrogen setting in your oregen mods.
>>
>>153772228
>Turn on the retrogen setting in your oregen mods.
How? Im pretty dense in tweaking the game but I assume it need mine/modtweaker right? I dont know how to use them.
>>
>>153772481
> I assume it need mine/modtweaker right

No, no, no.

Any oregen mod worth using has a "retrogen" setting in its config. This setting tells the mod to regenerate ores in existing chunks if the mod hasn't generated ores in that chunk already, or if the oregen configs are changed.

If yours doesn't have a retrogen setting, you fucked up and should install CofHCore just for its oregen.
>>
>>153773227
Im not on my pc right now but tech mods are: Railcraft, BC, IE, SteamCraft2, SteamPower, TiCon, also seems that denseores did retrogen once without asking.
And I think thats it, do any of them has it?
>>
>>153773501
Also metallurgy. I dont want to install Cofh because Im kinda on my limit of mods for it to run on 60fps with other things going on the same time. But if they dont have retrogen I´ll have to
>>
Anyone here use this backpacks mod? - http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1286124-1-10-2-backpacks-v-3-0-0

For some reason I can't put it on my back. From the videos I have seen you just place it in the body armour slow but I can't put it there.
>>
>>153774159
Metallurgy has a retrogen config. It isn't as smart as CofH's retrogen (it won't automatically regen after a config change, you have to change the `regen_key` for that) but if it's one of the mods you added later, turning on the `regen_ores` setting should squirt some tin into all of the land you've explored.
>>
bestu questu modpacksu

i played regrowth and blightfall and blast off already
>>
>>153775257
crash landing
infitech 2
>>
>>153770939
the only ways to get clay beyond digging up rivers that I know of is thaumcraft alchemy or botania
>>
>>153775553
I think I've only played Crash Landing for about ten minutes. I'll try that again. its ATLauncher right?
>>
>>153776619

Maybe? I got it using the FTB Launcher. Think the pack code is 'crashlanding'
>>
>>153776845
yeah its an FTB pack. I just used the cursePackDownloader and grabbed the archive from Curse's modpack listing.
>>
>>153775553
What's InfiTech 2 like? I see gregtech and get those... feelings...
>>
>>153777905
It's Gregtech: Expert Mode
>>
>>153777980
t-tell me more
>>
>>153777980
>>153777905
I never played the original Gregtech (which I hear didn't have the bronze age steam power stage), but Infitech lets you use EnderIO fluid conduits early on, which are orders of magnitude better than Greg fluid pipes and make the steam era a lot more manageable. Item Conduits are also a huge boon if you can get the materials.

Also, don't forget to cook your iron twice to make wrought iron.
>>
>>153778173
The EnderIO alloy smelter is disabled; EIO alloys are made in the Gregtech smelter. Rubber-insulated wires can't be made by hand.

Harvestcraft is present and most food is nerfed hard. Bread is harder to make without a Mixer.

Water is finite. You will need a raintank or reservoir to supply water to boilers. The reservoir is more expensive than usual.

BigReactors cannot be used in RF mode, but you can use them to drive GT Steam Turbines.

AE2 and Galacticraft are end-game techs with appropriate recipe tweaks (HV assembler recipes, etc).

Charcoal cannot be made in a furnace. GT5-U adds a Charcoal Pit Igniter which can make hundreds of charcoal at once - but you have to dig it out of the pit yourself.

To make several kinds of plates, you need to compress some material into blocks and then put it into a cutting machine.

And, of course, wood is nerfed until you get a cutting machine, and sticks are nerfed until you get a lathe.
>>
Can Aluminum Brass not be used to make blank casts in 1.10.2 anymore?
>>
>>153779114
>blank casts

It's a bit weird that you want those, but they probably restrict it to gold so you can melt the blanks back down.

The new TiCon even lets you melt down dirt to make one-time casts.
>>
File: 2016-09-03_16.43.18.png (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_16.43.18.png
274KB, 1920x1080px
>start a new world
>get a temp base going then start on my branch mine
>dig out a small room at y 12
>less than 10 blocks into first branch see this
Today was a good day.
>>153779310
clay makes the disposable casts
>>
>>153779310
Sorry, I misspoke. I can't seem to use aluminum brass to make any kind of cast.
>>
>>153700947
I think it's more that Lex seems to be the one doing the awful-ass boring busywork of the project and as such thinks he's the brains
>>
File: max_res_default_desu.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
max_res_default_desu.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>relearning redstone
>trying to think on my own of a system that hold a minechest until it's empty and then send it back to the mines

Screw the haters this kind of shit is why I still go back to minecraft once in a while.
>>
>>153779576
TiCon doesn't add aluminum or copper on its own any more. But it should create the alubrass alloy if it finds them from other mods, and allow you to make casts from it. If you have molten alubrass in your smeltery, but can't make *any* casts from it, then you have a bug to report.
>>
>>153735614
Did you disable any Forestry module? I remember that happening to me once when I tried disabling butterflies.
>>
>start new world
>make temp base underground
>start mining
>get a good mine going after a couple days work
>lose interest once I have the items to do things

Why is mining the only fun thing in this shite game
>>
>>153776940
my god this pack is terrible.
>>
>>153782891
Because of your taste?
Just make the whole gameplay based around mining shit and never leaving the underground.
>>
>>153782891
Lets start a server and you can mine everything and I'll do everything else
>>
Guys I haven't played a single modpack that I enjoy since Tekkit Classic. Help.
>>
>>153785647
make own pack and config for autism
>>
>>153787472
i didn't enjoy ones I made, either. nothing is fun.
>>
>>153736398
>Shitty mushed UI
>12 fps
Damn son, good luck
>>
>>153787763
What do you like to do in the game?
Either focus on that or on something else that you havent tried so you can grt something fresh.
>>
>>153787763
stop wanking avoid caffeine and have regular sleep schedule
also see doctor and check if dopamine is fug
they may have to stab you in neck and take fluid
>>
>>153788018

the frames with and without the shaders where negligible. I had firefox open when making the screenshot.
>>
Strong possibility of banhammer but I am willing to take the risk. I am running an experiment of sorts in how Minecraft communities develop. I've just launched a vanilla server within the past couple of hours (no rules, no reset, will be up for the foreseeable future). You can check in by connecting to zugmc.com . Please no DoS or similar shenanigans though. This is an opportunity to see or take part in steering the community/development of a new server.
>>
File: mods.png (119KB, 824x870px) Image search: [Google]
mods.png
119KB, 824x870px
r8 my tech modpack you fuckers
>>
>>153787763
>i didn't enjoy ones I made, either
The problem is not in the modpack, then. ;^)

regardless try Blightfall.
>>
>>153790619
>reikashit
Asking for trouble
>>
>>153790778
I almost posted >in b4 Reika

Reika's code being *that* shit is a meme.

It's a little laggy clientside because of the billion-polygon shit everywhere, but Rotarycraft is not a corrupt-your-world kind of mod.
>>
>>153790885
Except it literally does break worlds.
Also
>trusting a furfag with anything
>>
>>153791051
>Except it literally does break worlds.
What you're talking about is that DragonAPI takes ownership of dirt and some other stuff, and fucks your world if you uninstall it.

Rotarycraft + DragonAPI do not do the RANDOMLY corrupt the world thing that is what we fear from stuff like ChickenChunks.

Reika's code is kinda shit but I don't think it's shit enough to put his mods on the
>never install, never ever, even if you like the mod
list (which pretty much only consists of Chocolate Quest and another thing I'm forgetting for me right now).
>>
>>153791378
I install Chocolate quest over Reika any day of the week
>>
>>153791561
The funny part of that is I had RotaryCraft and ChocolateQuest on a server two years ago. ChocolateQuest got removed for repeatedly crashing the server and being a buggy piece of shit, whereas RotaryCraft didn't cause any issues (other than providing an infinite energy exploit to Flappy ;^).
>>
anything made by furfags is not worth your time and should be dropped
>>
>>153791830
yeah that's a shame, choco has some awesome stuff
>>
>>153791378
> that is what we fear from stuff like ChickenChunks.
baselessly, of course.

reika's shit is shit though. reika is shit. what kind of narcissistic wanker puts up a "THINGS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY TO ME" page on their mod site? what the absolute fuck.
>>
>>153791928
>>153792406
but, the mod is fun
>>
>>153770939
I was looking for a non-Buttania solution, but I soon realized that only tech mods (and none with those I have installed) have it.

For Buttania ways for clay:
>Drop a stack of cobblestone on a Mana Pool with an Alchemy Catalyst under it to convert cobble into sand
>Use a Clayconia to convert any placed sand into clay
This method is better automated by making a cobblegen of choice, link it to a chest connected to a hopper connected to a block placer of choice. Using Ranuncarpuses and Open Crates instead of the common block placer puts down blocks slower than what's shot out of the Open Crate, so you might need to introduce a delay to the Open Crate via redstone signal. Better yet, just use a Dropper.
>>
Better With Mods got its first addon: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/betterwithtweaks
>>
>>153794120
Well fuck, I screwed up something at the part under the greentext.
>Cobblegen feeding to a Mana Pool with an Alchemy Catalyst via droppers or Open Crates
>Labeled Hopperhock takes nearby dropped Sand, feed into chest
>Another dropper or Open Crate, this time with a delay timer, feeds to a Clayconia
>Another Labeled Hopperhock to stash up the clay
>Optional furnace setup using Exoflames for brick production
>>
>>153794120
>but I soon realized that only tech mods (and none with those I have installed) have it.
Which of them have a way for clay?
>>
>>153769998
AMT's Jew Crusher lets you directly process sand into clay
Mekanism lets you do some fuckery with water vapor and dirt to get clay blocks
Thermal Expansion lets you craft 2 slag and water into clay
Factorization produces something when washing dirty ores, which can be cooked into clay
HMaG flies just straight drop clay
And that's all I can remember right now.
>>
>>153795921
mekanism and amt are the only two mods I can think of with an easy reliable way to get clay
>>
Finally, a fucking biome mod for the new version.

https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/247560-oh-the-biomes-youll-go-3
>>
File: CqMeymnWYAAH2En.jpg (61KB, 971x679px) Image search: [Google]
CqMeymnWYAAH2En.jpg
61KB, 971x679px
Another reason to use Reikashit:

ReactorCraft has literally the only good nuclear power in modded Minecraft like now.

IC2's nuclear is shit, and Big Reactors is for children.
>>
>>153799380
>reactorcraft
>good
>when it barely works
I forgot radiation only occurs on a flat plane and looks like small balls shooting out of things.
>>
>>153799380
>good
Better than IC2 and MAWPCreactors for sure, which are shit
Better than shit, still not good
>>
alright, you guys have convinced me to delete all Reika mods from my pack.
>>
>>153785396

That's the best kind of multiplayer
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-03 22.28.42.png (102KB, 611x869px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-03 22.28.42.png
102KB, 611x869px
>>153790619
>>153800835
Here is what the pack looks like substantially de-bloated.

Any other suggestions? Am I missing any niches?

This is supposed to be high-tech.
>>
Are there any good techshit serbians up right now?
>>
haven't played since before 1.8 released. Any recommended mods? I really enjoyed thaumcraft I remember.
>>
>>153801449
get rid of invtweaks if you can, it's a crashfest

also, consider adding placeabletools, ingotpyramids and/or stackonstacks
>>
>>153802402
I've only had inventory tweaks cause crashes when I forgot to disable the shitty auto refill.
>>
>>153802402
>invtweaks is a crashfest!
since when. I've been using it in all my packs for years now, never had a crash from it.

>and then recommending meme mods
why don't you tell him to put in hats and mob dismemberment while you're at it?
>>
>>153803161
Invtweaks is also a meme mod.

Now do you realize how silly it is to call [mod you don't like] a meme mod?
>>
>>153803161
i'm no expert, but i've seen it in the logs, crashes do happen sometimes on opening chests
also, there's the guaranteed crash when you try to add more than what your inventory can hold in creative

and how are these three mods memes? it's not as if i suggested headcrumbs without linking to a good config file (aka with no mob spawns and only interesting looking heads instead of "celebrities")
>>
>>153801445
Cool lets do it, preferred pack?
>>
>>153804012
Ca-can I join too?
I would like a comfy small serb with people that are close and dont go on their own things like in singleplayer but with people 2k away.
>>
>>153804012
>>153804338
We'll build a new brickfort, and make the villajews pay for it. It'll be an excellent brickfort, with rails connecting everyone.
>>
would someone kindly donate to a poorfag a gift code?
>>
>>153805036
UrE4f4gG0t
>>
>>153805275
Didn't work but nice try.
>>
Is there any waila equivalent for 1.10.2?
>>
File: 2016-09-03_23.34.54.png (662KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_23.34.54.png
662KB, 1920x1018px
uh

has anyone experienced this? 1.2.5 Thaumcraft 2.
only major thing I can think of changing since I last played this pack is my Java version.
>>
>>153806201
have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>153804586
Sounds cool and nice, we should do it.
>>
>>153806405
yes. and reinstalling an old java version hasn't magically made my discoveries come back.

I guess your research just up and vanishing is an ancient bug.
>>
>>153806928
probably
I know it's still a thing.
it's tied to playerdata so you really should back it up
>>
>>153805568
I think The One Probe is the thing leddit seems onboard with
>>
>>153807039
>The One Probe
why the fuck do they have such terrible taste in names?
>>
Is Immersive Engineering
1. the best mod for if I want to make big machines and cool factories that actually look industrial and not like some rainbow fantasy mess
2. able to do everything I need in terms of industrialisation
>>
>>153807097
>>153807039
Thanks. What are the hot new 1.10.2 mods? I haven't ever gotten into building my own modpacks, but I've decided to with multimc.
>>
>>153807215
>>1. the best mod for if I want to make big machines and cool factories that actually look industrial and not like some rainbow fantasy mess
nah, that is magneticraft
>2. able to do everything I need in terms of industrialisation
no, is magneticraft
>>
how the fuck does the new Openblocks Building Guide Block works?

I was so used to the old one
>>
>>153807324
I'll do my own research, but is there any particular reason to recommend one over the other?
>>
>>153807583
magneticraft has much much more content as is actually a full mod rather than an rf based mod.
>>
>>153806987
yeah. I earned this one for being dumb.

oh well, I'll just keep my discoveries this time.
>>
>>153807658
Cool, I'll probably lean towards it then.

Best mod for full-sized trains?

Basically I just want to build comfy factories and trains.
>>
>>153807750
>a trainman
oh you poor poor thing
Traincraft was the only thing that did that.
It's ded, still on 1.6.4.
But there have apparently been a few updates to the github recently so hope may still linger.

Railcraft is the only other train mod worth mentioning right now, but it's trains are small and sad.
>>
>>153807658
it's not 1.10.2 compatible
>>
File: map-promo-e1409149274723.png (949KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
map-promo-e1409149274723.png
949KB, 1200x787px
>>153807879
C-Can I still build something like pic related?

Please say yes.
>>
>>153806612
>>153804338
>>153804586
Great. So I usually use Infinity Evolved, but I'm down with helping build a pack from scratch. 1.7.10. Thaumcraft 4, Buildcraft, and Railcraft are non-negotiables.
>>
>>153808021
The trens in that picture are from traincraft.
I'm so sorry.
>>
File: sad-train.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sad-train.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
>>153808094
Tuck me in and let me die.
>>
>>153808023
Brickfort was built on the back of chisel, carpenter's, mek machines, EIO conduits/facades, ImmEng and microblocks for the roof - so I'd like to suggest those
>>
>>153808023
How about

Infitech 2

It has all three of those.
>>
>>153808748
I was thinking about trying that pack. Esepecially since I was a big GregTech fan back in 1.2.5. And honestly a multiplayer scenario might be the best place to do it
>>
>>153808420
Why dont add something like Flans or something less bloat like turrets to keep the villajews tfrom getting in.
Comfy mods are essential on a modpack too.
>>153808748
Have never done a run with it but Im okay with it.
>>
>>153808919
What comfy mods (or other mods) is Infitech 2 missing?I was gonna (likely unsuccessfully) lobby for Metallurgy (because I'm weird) but in the case of Infitech I don't think it would gel.
>>
>>153774635
Placing it in your hotbar makes your avatar wear it, that's all i've seen to that effect
>>
>>153809147
Does it has comfy japanese mods like bamboo or AMT?
Does it has maids or botes (if you are into that)
And it would be cool to mess Metallurgy with TiCon.
Im kinda new to minecraft modding and havent tried Infitech2 yet so dont know which mods it would work with it.
>>
>>153809526
Advanced Solar Panels + GraviSuite Fixer by Chocohead - Granted
AppleCore by squeek502
Applied Energistics by AlgorithmX2
Aroma1997Core by Aroma1997
AromaBackup by Aroma1997
AsieLib by asie
Automagy by Tuhljin - Granted
Baubles by Azanor
Bdlib by bdew
BiblioCraft by Nuchaz
Big Reactors by Erogenous Beef
Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, spacetoad, asiekierka
Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
ChickenChunks by Chickenbones
Chisel 2 by warlordjones, tterrag1098, TheCricket26, Drullkus
Chisel Tones by TehNut
CodeChickenCore by Chickenbones
CodeChickenLib by Chickenbones
CoFH Core by CoFH team
Computronics by asie
Custom Main Menu by Lumien - Granted
DamageIndicators by rich1051414
Dimensional Anchors by immibis
Ding by iChun
Enchiridion by Joshiejack
Ender Zoo by CrazyPants
EnderCore by tterrag
EnderIO by CrazyPants
Ewy's Workshop by EwyBoy
Extra Utilities by RWTema
ExtrabiomesXL by Allaryin, ScottKillen
FastCraft by Player - Granted
FastLeafDecay by Olafski
Forestry by SirSengir
Forge Multipart by Chickenbones
Forge Relocation - FMP Plugin by MrTJP
ForgeRelocation by MrTJP
Framez by amadornes
Galactic Greg by Blood Asp
Galacticraft by Micdoodle8
Gendustry by bdew
Gravitation Suite by SeNtiMeL
GregTech by GregoriusT
GTTweaker by DreamMasterXXL
Hardcore Ender Expansion by chylex - Granted
Hardcore Questing Mode by lorddusk, Newcastlegeek, Vswe - Granted
Hardcore Wither by thor1202
HarvestCraft by MatrexsVigil, Rhodox
Headcrumbs by ganymedes01

continued....
>>
>>153809634
Help Fixer by matthewprenger
Hunger Overhaul by iguana_man
IC2 Nei Plugin by Speiger
Immibis Core by immibis
In-Game Wiki Mod by MineMaarten
IndustrialCraft 2 by IC2 Dev Team
Infinity Core by Jason McRay - Granted
INpure Core by denoflionsx
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
IronChests by cpw, progwml6
JABBA by ProfMobius
JourneyMap by techbrew - Granted
JsonLootBags by DoubleDoorDevelopment - Granted
LogisticsPipes by davboecki, theZorro266, GUIpsp, AartBluestoke, ArtForz
Magic Bees by MysteriousAges
Malisis Core by Ordinastie
Malisis Doors by Ordinastie
Mapwriter by mapwriter, VectronDiablon
MicdoodleCore by Micdoodle8
MineTweaker by StanH
MobiusCore by ProfMobius
ModTweaker2-1 by jaredlll08
Mouse Tweaks by YaLTeR97
MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod by Mr_Crayfish
NEI Addons by bdew
NEI Integration by Tonius11
Not Enough Items by Chickenbones
Nuclear Control by shedar
OpenBlocks by Mikeemoo, boq
OpenComputers by Sangar
OpenEye by Mikeemoo, boq
OpenModsLib by Mikeemoo, boq
Opis by ProfMobius
Player API by Divisor
PneumaticCraft by MineMaarten
Project Red by MrTJP, Chickenbones
Railcraft by CovertJaguar
Railcraft Cosmetic Additions by Cream_Tea
Redstone Arsenal by CoFH team
Resource Loader by Lumien
SGCraft by Greg_Ewing
Steve's Carts 2 by Vswe
Storage Drawers by jaquadro
Thaumcraft by Azanor
Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning by BlayTheNinth
Thaumcraft NEI Plugin by DjGiannuzz
Thaumcraft Node Tracker by Dyonovan
Thaumic Energistics by Nividica
Thaumic Tinkerer by pixlepix, nekosune, Vazkii
Trajectory by amadornes
Translocators by Chickenbones
Traveller's Gear by Dawn_1006
TubeStuff by immibis
Waila by ProfMobius
Waila Harvestability by squeek502
WAILAPlugins by tterrag
Wawla by Darkhax
Wireless Crafting Terminal by TheRealp455w0rd - Granted
Wireless Redstone CBE by Chickenbones
Witching Gadgets by BluSunrize
XACT by Xhamolk_ - Granted
You Shall Not Stack by InfinityRaider
Ztones by riciJak

plus some custom config files. This is every mod in InfiTech 2.
>>
>>153809147
Check the mod list here: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-listed-infitech-2-modpack-v3-2-10-hqm-gregtech-balanced-hard-mode-modpack.50185/

It has a handful of decorative mods, plus the standard storage and logistics mods.

>>153809526
No maids, boats, bamboo, or milktea. Just a lot of standard american-made mods.

No TiCon either - it doesn't get along well with Gregtech, which adds its own multitools. Gregtech axes are all lumber axes, at least.

I'm not sure if GT meshes well with Metallurgy - a quick search says no, so it would probably throw off all the harvest levels, not to mention you wouldn't be able to make GT tools out of the fantasy metals.
>>
>>153809526
But yes, I'd still be cool with adding Metallurgy. No comment on maids, not my thing but whatever. Links to those japanese ones?
>>
Thats a shitton of mods, anyway to make it run smoothly on a mid-high tier pc? I cant honestly tell you what to add theres so much in there already.
>>
>>153809884
We could also take things out!
>>
>>153782587
>remember that happening to me once when I tried disabling butterflies
>tfw it's exactly this, and re-enabling it fixes it
>???
???
I don't know how or why it causes that bug, but it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>153810048
As long as its comfy and doesnt run like ass I would love it.
>>
>https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/controlling
>added a 1.7.10 version
B a s e d

Unrelated, but it doesn't seem like I can get Strata and Dense Ores to play together - which is a little sad
>>
>>153807939
Yeah, that's another plus
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-04+at+03.16.21).png (24KB, 760x193px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-04+at+03.16.21).png
24KB, 760x193px
Why is Minecraft such a pain in the ass to mod?

I don't want to use a modpack because they're all bloated shit assembled by incompetent autists, but you need to be an autistic savant to navigate through the chains of dependencies and lack of documentation to get this working.

SimCity 4 was easier than this.
>>
>>153812828
forge is a huge piece of shit when it comes to dependencies. after all these years and all the stupid shit they've added they still can't add a simple screen that simply tells you what mods what that fucking dependency.

lexmanos's response when it comes up is "just read the fucking log"
>>
File: 2016-09-03_17.30.44.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-03_17.30.44.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>
>>153813874
It's a random tick chance thing. No need for concern
>>
Does anyone know which mod makes that horrible shuffling noise every time you pick up an item?
>>
>>153814794
>asks a "which mod causes this thing?"
>doesn't post modlist so we can tell you/guess/figure it out
Gets me every time
>>
File: mymodlist.jpg (307KB, 1006x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mymodlist.jpg
307KB, 1006x1080px
>>153814963
whoops

here it is
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-04+at+04.03.51).jpg (622KB, 1936x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-04+at+04.03.51).jpg
622KB, 1936x1066px
What does /mcg/ think about Shaders?
>>
>>153815695
That's some nice water. How many fps do you get?
>>
>>153815695
Look nice sometimes, but kill performance too much unless you have a NASA supercomputer with 1TB RAM
>>
File: sigh.jpg (51KB, 157x175px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
51KB, 157x175px
>>153815695
>tfw 24 FPS with shaders enabled
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-04+at+04.08.21).jpg (534KB, 1936x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-04+at+04.08.21).jpg
534KB, 1936x1066px
>>153815789
Almost constant 60, occasionally dipping to 30 if I do something stupid.

>>153815854
I've got a 1070 with 16GB of ram and a 4th gen i5.
>>
>>153815982
>8 mods loaded
Now try it on a pack with 100-150 mods, and see if you're still getting FPS that high
>>
>>153816154
I'm going for an extremely lite load at the moment.

I'm sick of bloated packs where I don't even know what half the shit does. I just want to be comfy.
>>
>No TiCon either - it doesn't get along well with Gregtech

https://github.com/Vexatos/TinkersGregworks

No idea how well it works, but some mad man did it.
>>
>>153816315
No idea how well it works, but some mad man did it.
ABSOLUTE MADMAN. Hope its not bloat.
>>
>Strata has a critical fucking error in it that prevents it from exporting textures because it tries to include a | in a filename
>>
So I went to the Cofhcore config files and enabled retrogen, is that the only step for activating it? Or do I need to do something else?
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-04+at+04.51.26).png (10KB, 321x270px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-04+at+04.51.26).png
10KB, 321x270px
What mods am I missing that I don't even know I want?

I am comfy factory trainfag from before.
>>
>>153818030
>Architecturecraft
Isnt that the one that makes heresy forms and figures, if so:
>A B S O L U T E L Y H E R E SY
Maybe you need some trains.
>>
>>153818030
>comfy factory trainfag
>has neither comfy, factory or train mods in the list
???
Where is the buildcraft or railcraft? Where are the tuuubes? Where are the blocks to build your factory?
>>
>>153818397
>buildcraft
Looks like magical rainbow futureshit.

I want a factory that looks like a factory. Besides, Magneticraft appears to do everything I need in a factory.

>railcraft
Looks like garbage desu. I was told the only good train mod was dead.
>>
>>153818684
>Railcraft
>Garbage
You are really triggering me anon, the machines are simple but they dont look like ass, as an example theres the steam boiler. You can also add Immersive Engineering that its Magneticraft and Railcraft shit but steampunk aesthethic and with wires.
>>
>>153819147
I mean that it looks like garbage. It also vastly oversteps its delineated area. There's no reason why a train mod should have a rock crusher, for example. It just creates pointless duplication.

I'm sure it does a lot of great things but for my lite loadout I'm trying to be strict. I only want mods that do a particular thing and do it well, and look good doing it.

Immersive engineering duplicates a lot of Magneticraft, but with less features, as far as I can tell. It does look better though.

Maybe I will run them both and only use Magneticraft to fill the gaps.
>>
>all these posts mentioning Magneticraft recently
Dear fuck am I really going to start yet another world for that mod alone
>>
File: 635745409865437017.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
635745409865437017.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>153819562
Let the belts consume ye.
>>
>>153818684
>Looks like magical rainbow futureshit.
Function over form. The ability to easily see a pipe system's flow by color-coding (both in terms of pipe function colors and in terms of stained glass color-coding) is very neat in my view.

I saw many people try to make texture packs which make BC pipes look better, but the primary problem with most of them is that thicker outlines make it harder to see items as they go through.

>>153816315
Vexatos is cool.

>>153791378
The best part is that in 1.10+, he wouldn't even have to take ownership of dirt that way, as Forge includes an official way of adding substitutions. (Not that it's a particularly good way, but it's miles better than what DragonAPI does)
>>
How optimal is this thermoelectric generator setup?
I want to make some thermo generators for the big machines like crusher and excavator but cant setup a farm for the biogenerator.
Whats the most optimal setup anyway, dont have big reactors so I think only lava and ice.
>>
File: 2016-09-04_02.50.27.png (793KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_02.50.27.png
793KB, 1360x706px
FUUUUUUUUUUG
>>
File: MAXIMUM OUTPUT.png (64KB, 2265x1435px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM OUTPUT.png
64KB, 2265x1435px
>>153820881
no like this
>>
>>153820881
>>153821221
The thermogenerator considers the two blocks on each pair of opposite sides. You have a lot of generators where there is lava on two opposites sides, or packed ice on two opposite sides. Those generators are getting absolutely nothing from those lava/ice blocks.

If you have it, Blazing Pyrotheum gives about three times as much power as lava. (Don't bother with Cryotheum, you will only get maybe 5% more.)
>>
File: 2016-09-04_03.12.11.png (527KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_03.12.11.png
527KB, 1360x706px
>>153821221
>>153821442
Took me more than it should had but is it like this?
>>
Does anyone have a mirror for anon's Natura fork? The links in the github from the OP lead to 1339.cf, which is fucking ded.
>>
>>153819627
(In fact, he wouldn't have to at all, as his primary goal is to make some item icons 3D - and in 1.8+, it's just a resource pack to do that)
>>
>>153822225
Well, you could always compile it from the source. It's not that hard
>>
How do I extract items and the creosote oil from the coke oven?
Been wanting to automate it but cant understand how to, where do I throw the items with a conveyor belt on the Arc furnace too? Would be helpful that and sorry for bad grammar its 4am
>>
>>153823859
Have you tried using fucking hoppers?
>>
>>153823859
On the topic of coal coke, I wonder why Coal Coke Blocks are as smooth as Coal Blocks. Isn't Coal Coke supposed to be chunks?

I think I'll have to use cobble for aesthetic Coal Coke piles.
>>
>>153823571
But I don't even know where to begin.
Surely enough someone else downloaded it, right? Or maybe Rukachan is still lurking around to provide a mirror?
>>
Hey, apologies in advance if I'm simply being retarded, but how do you get the little maids to stay on a redstone torch? I tried following the instructions I could find and it didn't work; she doesn't eat redstone. I just want her to stay in the sheep pen and shear my sheep, not follow me to the Nether and back while carrying shears.
>>
>>153824883
Maids only accept one order, which is confirmed by feeding them sugar after a certain order is given. From what I can recall, guarding a particular block marked by a Redstone Torch and shearing are two different roles that maids can only accept one at a time.
>>
>download hobopack looking for Nature-0.3.jar (didn't find it sadly)
>see "updated horizons" in the changelog on titanpad
>check pack, see thaumichorizons_hoboedit-1.1.9.6.jar
wait what's this
>>
>>153825736
TH has a config to enable a bunch of endgame content around the pocket dimension stuff, but disabling it also removes a bunch of useful tools that lead up to it. As far as I can tell, the edit just disables the actual creation of pocket dims, but keeps all the other stuff enabled. There might be other minor tweaks, but I'm not 100% on that.
>>
What's the best modpack with gregtech?
>>
>>153825404
You sure? That's not what the bottom of this indicates https://github.com/Legojer/LittleMaidMobEnhanced/wiki/Maid-Modes

>>153824883
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1287042-1-7-10-1-8-littlemaidmob-final-versions-updated seems to say she needs to be in freedom mode first, counterintuitive though that is - maybe try that?
>>
>>153827156
literally 40% of this thread is about this question. scroll up
>>
>>153592727
Anyone playing Minetest?
http://www.minetest.net/
>>
>>153829290
is it any good now
it's been in development for fucking ages so I hope it's at least better than vanila
>>
>fork both dense ores and strata
>fuck around and find it's a load order problem
Well, it works now - but I still need to check if it works for world gen, not just if the blocks exist
>>
>>153825736
Just for you bby
https://github.com/KryptonCaptain/Nature/releases/tag/0.3
No, I haven't tested it, I just ran the build command
>>
>>153825736
>>153833312
>thaumichorizons_hoboedit
Forkanon, you mentioned awhile back that you were going to give TH the same treatment you gave Thaumic Bases. Is that hoboedit it? Did you change the behavior of brainwashed mobs to be like cats instead of dogs?

I ask because I decided to hold off on doing any creature infusions for awhile in hopes of a cleaned up version.

You're doing God's work, you know. Bless you, brother.
>>
File: stuff.png (34KB, 590x372px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.png
34KB, 590x372px
so pic related is a personal pack i'm making for a friend, and its gonna mostly focus on forestry

does it look good to go? is there anything that would make the experience better/absolute must haves that are missing? i suck at making packs, please send assistance
>>
>>153834559
No, sadly, that's not it. TH was giving me a lot of trouble after I tried to decompile it, literally crashing eclipse.
After several more failed attempts, I kinda gave up, and taking a quick glance over the AI code told me it was well above my skill level. Kinda put it on indefinite hold after that.

>>153834772
Could probably add some of the NEI addons (Addons/Integration - dunno what adds what anymore) to show additional recipe handlers.
Binnies +patcher for more bees, trees and some genetic machines that are a pain to use after the rewrite for 1.7
Gendustry for ez mode (non autism way) breeding, and a couple of extra species.
Magic Bees is a mostly Thaumcraft addon, more species, but also adds some neat things such as more apiary frame types
>>
>>153832097
What, are you making ores get denser as you dig deeper, depending on the stratum? That's kinda cool.
>>
File: 1307212540193.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1307212540193.gif
448KB, 500x275px
>>153835131
>After several more failed attempts, I kinda gave up, and taking a quick glance over the AI code told me it was well above my skill level
Aw man that sucks. I ran into an issue like that in my own professional sphere recently. At least you tried though.
>>
>>153835131
>some genetic machines that are a pain to use after the rewrite for 1.7
I think one of them takes a few hours to process one fucking bee. Holy shit.
I'm glad we have Gendustry now.
>>
>>153824362
I dont think hoppers work with fluids.
>>
Where do I go to find iron in gregtech
>>
>>153835232
That's a possibility, if I can figure out how to into either COFH or COG settings. I was mostly just trying to get them to cooperate though - found and fixed a couple of bugs too.

>>153835360
I can at least try and get it into my workspace again - but beyond that I can't promise anything
>>
>>153835674
Not with that attitude they don't :^)
>>
>>153835839
>Not with that attitudde
Huh, got a friend who always says that shit whenever he fucking cans, how coincidential.

Might as well setup a complex sistem with hoppers and buckets or search somewhere else.
>>
is there a way to disable forge microblocks/at least keep them from showing in NEI?
>>
File: 2016-09-04_23.51.21.png (189KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_23.51.21.png
189KB, 1920x1017px
>>153835232
>>153835774
Be neat if I can get them to gen properly. Still haven't tested that part
>>
File: 2016-09-04_23.51.28.png (260KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_23.51.28.png
260KB, 1920x1017px
>>153836323
Though, there are some textures that leave much to be desired, and I might create a resource pack to fix
>>
>>153823859
use the fluid pump and pipe it into some sort of tank
>>
>>153835772
in the ground
>>
File: B9k0_GLCIAA2fvn.jpg large.jpg (21KB, 433x340px) Image search: [Google]
B9k0_GLCIAA2fvn.jpg large.jpg
21KB, 433x340px
>>153785396
>>153801445
>>153804012
>>153804338
>>153804586
What ever happened to this?
>>
>>153836505
>Fluid pump
Now I understand why it didnt work.
Also does it work if I put the pipe on any side?
>>
Would Immersive Engineering clash too much with buildcraft/forestry/railcraft? I need something to act as the refining/meat of the pacck.
>>
File: 2016-09-05_00.14.34.png (248KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-05_00.14.34.png
248KB, 1920x1017px
>>153836323
>dense ores work
>in normal stone only (above the 2nd stratum)
Bleh
>>
>>153835772
ylvl 40ish you can find poor iron ore, which smelts to about 2 nuggets each...
Yeah Gtech is fun
>>
>>153837391
Railcraft and Buildcraft have the same (mostly) things as IE, but IE looks better and stands way too much.
I reccomend it with Magneticraft.
>>
File: motherload.jpg (129KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
motherload.jpg
129KB, 550x400px
>>153836323
>that dense ore texture
fug
>>
>>153837442
maybe use cofh's material property http://teamcofh.com/docs/cofh-core/features/custom-world-generation/

it decides which blocks can be replace by your blocks, guessing strata doesn't identify as minecraft:stone
>>
>>153837391
>>153837524
Immersive Engineering duplicates features from Railcraft's creosote, coal coke, and steel system very hard. However, the bulk of Railcraft (trainshit) is not provided by Immersive Engineering.

Buildcraft almost doesn't overlap with Immersive Engineering at all, except for fluid pipes. They go well together.

Using Immersive Engineering with Magneticraft seems super redundant to me. They have mostly all of the same stuff, except for IE's hanging wires and skyhook.
>>
>>153837163
yup, just remember that the pump has to touch the coke oven and you need to configure the side touching it by shift right clicking the opposite side
>>
haha can you imagine the butthurt in this thread if IE started adding Traincraft-like trains?

at least they'd look pretty
>>
>>153821867
yes exactly. hook that shit up through HV relay and you have good always-on power.

note: lava-water is 15rf/t per thermogen block with 2 lava/2 ice.
the same setup with blazing pyro and gelid cryo is like 30rf/t.
you can even use blutonium and packed ice giving you a nice fluid-free setup with ~35rf/t, I can't remember the exact number.

>>153809884
a pack like that will run fine on a mid-high end PC. I have a build that's on the lower end of mid and I run Infinity fine.
Keep in mind that if you play on a server your system is only handling all the client-side operations. All the server-side code is somewhere else so your system is free to do whatever.
but I do have 16g of RAM and a 4670k. weak point is my GPU. it might be right on the middle of mid-tier but its all aging hardware

>>153815695
I'd like shaders if someone could make one that doesn't turn leaves into a sea of swaying green motion sickness. and if the water didn't slosh around--makes it hard to tell what's source and what isn't.
>>
File: 2016-09-04_16.32.41.png (483KB, 1247x701px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_16.32.41.png
483KB, 1247x701px
Why do my ender lily seeds show up as wheat? It's all working fine but I'm worried somethings gonna blow up sooner or later
>>
>>153837453
That's fine, I go through modpacks and worlds too quiclkly anyway
>>
>>153838403
1.10? WAILA fucks up a lot on 1.10 - hope they fix it soon
>>
>>153838467
oh nvm is see buildcraft so cant be 1.10.

it's still probably WAILA though.
>>
>>153838551
Yeah it's 1.7.10 based on hoboserb. Shit started to get funky when I added Rotarycraft and had to change some IDs due to conflict. Probably fucked something up (I'm nob in modding)
>>
>>153838724
>intentionally injecting your pack with the reika AIDS
i'm sorry anon

it's too late now
>>
can we make a rule to not ask for help if you ever installed reikashit?
>>
>>153838798
b-but I added it based on a recommendation in this thread

did I get memed? I'm not too far into the tech tree yet but so far it's been fun
>>
>>153838979
His mods fuck with ID values of blocks and items or some shit. So you literally need to use a patcher if you ever want to remove any Reika mod, otherwise it corrupts your save.
>>
>>153839069
Well fuck.
Guess this world is not my endgame after all.

Hoboserb is a bit too bloated for my taste anyways, I don't need all those magic mods and it sucks to have 7 different kinds of copper ore generating.
>>
>>153839359
>7 different kinds of copper ore
>didn't check the configs
You'd know about this if you'd played on hobo for at least a day
>>
>>153841875
a day? not even two hours.
>>
make a new thread you mongs
>>
>>153841875

>>153843176

Not trying to shit on your beloved serb here.
Just downloaded the pack and started a single player world.
Figured the pack would be a good starting point (which it is, had a lot of fun with mods like Rogue like dungeons and OpenComputers which I didn't know yet). I do wonder why something like ore gen isn't configured to be sane by default though.

Anyhow doesn't really matter cause these storage drawers consolidate the different kinds together.
>>
>>153845623
I actually don't like hoboserb's pack
>>
>>153845552
we're 100 posts away from the thread dying, fuck off
>>
>>153845552
trying to fix something that isn't broken? do mojang employees come here?
>>
>>153613063
n-newbie here looking to get introduced into mods. This looks like a good start, what is this one called? I see mods like applied energistics and it seems too complicated for a beginner like myself
>>
>>153679937
Wow you managed to make brick look decent. I've been trying forever to incorporate brick without it looking like shit.
>>
>>153847401
If you wanna start, start smol with Buildcraft, Railcraft and then other mods like Immersive Emgineering ehich is in pic reñated. Also try magic mods like Witchery and essential mods like chisel, carpenters block, and not enough items.
>>
>>153847936
Thanks a lot m80
>>
File: 2016-09-04_19.14.45.png (992KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_19.14.45.png
992KB, 2560x1440px
>>153846454
B-but I do
Already have 50 hours in this

Currently building automated farm (pic related)
>>
>>153837593
shit that brings back some memories anon
>>
>>153837158
Still around. We should set up a discord or something.
>>
File: 1468267562053.gif (199KB, 214x288px) Image search: [Google]
1468267562053.gif
199KB, 214x288px
>>153849867
no fuck off
discord kills, and will always kill threads
go back to where ever you came from and fucking stay there you disgrace of a human being
>>
>>153851580
Not him but why?
And I dont think the whole threads gonna be on the serb.
>>153849867
Pass your discord senpai.
>>
>>153851580
Wow ok clearly I struck a nerve. I've only ever used discord once and that was with an irl friend, I didn't know there was a stigma around it. I'm just saying if we're gonna set up a server we need better communication than the thread. imo.
>>
IRC > Discord, and we've had an IRC for over 1.5 years but it's full of assie
>>
>>153852026
again this wasnt intended to be a full-thread thing, just for the infitech server we were gonna start.

That said I have more experience with IRC anyway, so that works.
>>
>>153852545
So I should create an IRC? Whatever fits you man just wanna play with others senpai.
>>
>>153852965
Sure make an irc.
>>
>>153853440
Is it this one?
http://www.irc.org/
Or which one cuz I dont seem to find the link
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.21.43.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.21.43.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Gonna dump some screens, finally got some shaders to work.
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.22.12.png (791KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.22.12.png
791KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.18.45.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.18.45.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>
>>153854126
I'm tripping the fuck out.
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.26.44.png (813KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.26.44.png
813KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>153853774
Reminds me of Mistral City
>>
File: r panda.jpg (482KB, 1024x959px) Image search: [Google]
r panda.jpg
482KB, 1024x959px
>>153853774
>>153853982
>>153854126
>>153854381

Do you need like dual 1080s to run this at a reasonable frame rate?
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.18.34.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.18.34.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>153854208

It's old as fuck but I still like posting it.

>>153854508
I'm using a 970 friend, hovers around 60 most of the time.
>>
My computer and hardware is about 6 years old now. It was top of the line shit when it was made, and it's having trouble with modded minecraft now.

Sad how fast it goes.
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.27.15.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.27.15.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 2016-09-04_11.19.55.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04_11.19.55.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>
>>153853569
Join #infitechserb at freenode.
>>
>>153854962
Also open invitation. Anyone that wants to help make a small server based off of a (potentially modified) Infitech 2 pack, join up.
>>
Apparently Sengir finally agreed to the BuildCraft relicense. This means that almost all of the old code can be re-used in BC8, and - by extension - it might actually come out for 1.10.2 this year.
>>
>>153857005
>this year
>>
>>153858356
Yes, this year. The previous estimate was "as soon as possible", which, with the complexity of BC and commit rate, I assumed to be mid-2017.
>>
>>153857005
>>153859386
assie reeee heck off back to re**it
Thread posts: 697
Thread images: 124

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.