[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dfg/ - Dwarf Fortress General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 777
Thread images: 138

File: dorf.jpg (12KB, 210x228px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.jpg
12KB, 210x228px
Vomit edition
Previous thread >>152723895

>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf%20Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (Out of Date):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

>DFHack (Out of Date):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0

>Starter Pack (Out of Date):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0

>More DF stuff:
http://pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: https://webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
http://imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
http://members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
http://pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!
>>
File: LookOutBeluuurggh.png (2MB, 1600x837px) Image search: [Google]
LookOutBeluuurggh.png
2MB, 1600x837px
Vomitpostan!
>>
>>153009343
That's what I mean, The game understands a realistic skeleton, but how do you make the game understand that, the shoulder is at the top of the upper body, instead of being right next to the nipples?
>>
>>153008925
You sure have alot of questions. Okay, let's get more technical.

>Does the game acknowledges where do limbs connect with the torso?

Yes. This information is defined in body_default.txt and body_rcp.txt. This information is used in-game for things like joint-locking and manipulating during wrestling and also attack damage affecting adjacent body parts to the one that is hit.

>In a big enough body part, does the place where you place a heart inside it affect the chances of it being pierced?

No. You can define if a body part is connected to another part externally and where it is connected by using joints, but the location of an internal body part within another body part cannot currently be defined as such. Basically what the game does right now is look at the overall size of the containing body part, and then the size of the contained body part, and roll a weighted dice to see if the contained body part is hit. Practically: if you have a torso of relsize 90, and a heart of relsize 10, a spear stab (assuming it penetrates, of course) to the torso will have roughly a 10/(90+10) or 10% chance to strike the heart.
>>
Was last thread but yeah, never seen this before:
>>152921000
>>153008000

>>153009705
You can have things be front/rear/top and such I think?

>>153009802
BP_RELATION accepts: AROUND, SURROUNDED_BY, ABOVE, BELOW, IN_FRONT, BEHIND, CLEANS, and CLEANED_BY

BP_POSITION accepts: FRONT, BACK, LEFT, RIGHT, TOP and BOTTOM
>>
>>153009705
oh ok. Yeah, this has been interesting as fuck, but the wiki doesnt answer my questions

Can you have external organs?
Can you make a 'hollow' creature, connecting various torsos in a circular way?
Does the game understand that when you stab someone so hard the sword comes out from the back, the muscle tearing is bigger than when you simply stab someone?
>>
>>153009802
You're thinking too realistically about it. Think of it more in terms of DnD or other tabletop game, where combat is more of an abstraction. When a creature is attacked, you roll a dice to determine first IF it is hit. If so, then you roll another dice based on a chart to see WHERE it is hit and what effect it has.

The dwarf does not exist in-game as an actual entity. What it really is a nested series of dice rolls. In the context of the game, things like exactly WHERE the upper arm connects to the torso are meaningless. What the game does is roll a random number to see what body part is hit, based on the relsize of the body part divided by the relsize of the entire body, or containing body parts for internal parts.
>>
File: ouchmyhernia.jpg (9KB, 200x315px) Image search: [Google]
ouchmyhernia.jpg
9KB, 200x315px
>>153010385
>can you have external organs?

You mean like pic related? Yes. To make say, an external heart, you just go into body_rcp.txt, copy the heart entry and name it something like [BODY:RCP_HEART_EXTERNAL], and remove the [INTERNAL] tag.

>Can you make a 'hollow' creature, connecting various torsos in a circular way?

I don't believe you can. As I understand it, body parts must be defined as a branching tree. Each part can have parts branching off it, but the branches cannot be rejoined together at any point but the part they are coming off of. So you could make a U shaped creature, but you could never close the gap to fully make an O.

>Does the game understand that when you stab someone so hard the sword comes out from the back, the muscle tearing is bigger than when you simply stab someone?

I'm not sure on this one.
>>
>>153009905
As soon as I open a world in LV, the pie charts are there.
>>
>>153011248
Oh yeah, almost forgot, because the external heart is no longer internal, you can use the [RIGHT] tag to define it as being on the right side of the upper body.
>>
>>153009685
Yuck!
>>
File: mick.jpg (204KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
mick.jpg
204KB, 640x610px
>>153010385
>Can you make a 'hollow' creature, connecting various torsos in a circular way?

After thinking about this further, do you mean a 'hollow' like this? As in a creature with a missing portion of its torso that attacks may pass through without harming it?

If so, that's easy. You define a new body part that's embedded in the torso. Call it a Hole, then you make a creature that uses the Hole. You select the hole in the creature raw and define it as being made of a gas. Voila, now whenever an attack is rolled that hits the hole, it will pass through harmlessly.
>>
I've been visited by an undead sieging army. This was pretty early, so I've just closed up my bridges and plan to deal with them once I have a better military... or something. What's been funny though, is that visitors keen on checking out my swanky tavern have been popping in, seeing all the undead warriors shambling about, and subsequently either killing a couple and dying if they're soldiers, or just getting chased around for a season until they tired and get killed if they're bards.
>>
>>153010385
It does model the damage on additional tissue layers when attacks aren't stopped by the preceding ones, and as of the joint damage it handles some of that sort of connective tissue damage.

From looking at the detail plans I don't see why you couldn't add to the ribcage positions something like:

[BP_RELATION:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:IN_FRONT:BY_CATEGORY:SPINE:5]
[BP_RELATION:BY_CATEGORY:LUNGS:AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:15]
[BP_RELATION:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:ABOVE:BY_CATEGORY:HLIVER:5]
With some experimentation to figure out if you could have it so stabbing someone from above and damaging their heart could then damage the liver, or stabbing through a lung from the side into the heart or spine could be done?
>>
File: meme.png (176KB, 1920x1039px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
176KB, 1920x1039px
>fresh new embark
>suddenly someone falls unconscious
>dies few seconds later
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>153014239
1 of 2 things:

1. log fell on his head and he died (wear a fucking copper helmet at least)
2. God is punishing you for using MASTERSHIT
>>
>>153014239
He was hit in the head by a falling piece of wood?
>>
>>153014494
Why do people hate masterwork so much around here?
>>
>>153014546
>>153014494
His body is underground as you can see on the screenshot. He couldn't get hit by a falling tree there. I'm not using any mastershit either.
>>
>>153014694
nah lad let me do it for you

>le mastershit
>why don't people like it?
>do you see mastershit in the OP? this is about dwarf fortress
>stop liking what I don't like!
>back to the alps
>stop being a child!

there, no need to advertise it anymore
>>
>>153014694
Because Meph is a Svede who takes well over a thousand dollars in donation money a month that could either go to the people who actually made his mods, or to, yanno, Toady, which he uses to finance his vacations around the world. And he smirkingly links to his vacation blog on his forum handle.
>>
Here's a modding question:

Is it possible to create a custom slab or tome or whatever that teaches a custom smelting reaction, and then to have that slab or tome drop as an item off a slain megabeast, the way bronze colossi drop statues?
>>
>>153015072
Definitely not, the only kind of stuff like that that can convey a change is shit like a vapor that splatters someone and gives them a syndrome. It can't teach new reaction etc.

Masterwork 34.x has a race of frost giants who drop bars of bifrost for cool gear tho, and a race of automata who drop brass mechanisms.
>>
>>153015072
Can't add the reactions like that, and I don't know if you can control the text on an item that is dropped like that, but you could have the itemcorpse be a slab or whatnot.
>>
>>153015215
>>153015297
Ah, thanks.

Dammit, there goes my dream to replicate something like Thulsa Doom attacking villages in order to solve the Riddle of Steel.
>>
>>153014997
Gonna need a story time on this.
>>
>grizzly bear man got bodied by bogeyman who he never even landed a fucking hit on

HOW
>>
>>153019317
Bogeymen are the strongest enemies in the game.
They're exactly the same as angels, only smaller and guaranteed to not be made of some shitty material like water. You also have to fight them on their terms out in the open, so you can't do shit like hide behind doors or kite them around pillars to cheapshot them like you can with angels, and bogeyman appear in larger numbers than angels.
That means the strongest angel is a bit stronger than the strongest bogeyman, but your average bogeyman is much stronger than your average angel. A pack of bogeymen is far stronger than anything else you could ever encounter barring some kind of webspitting archangel.
>>
How am I supposed to play adventure mode? I spawned as an elf and I'm just wandering around aimlessly.
>>
>>153019687
By having an aim, although that's not necessary. There's lots to do and at the same time little reason to do it, just like fort mode. The trick is to RP.
>>
Is there any way to ensure that there won't be a lot of murky pools on the embark? Fucking hate those useless pieces of shit.
>>
File: fabulous messiahs.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fabulous messiahs.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>153019687
Wander around and do shit.
You could go to your nearest human city, claim the site for yourself and your group and then kill the local lord.
You could go on a quest to exterminate every night troll, necromancer and vampire in the world.
You could go plunder vaults and load yourself up with divine metal, then retire at a fort so you can play with divine metal in fortress mode.
You could go try and exterminate every living thing in a dark fortress.
You could wander around telling stories and singing and dancing and building up a massive troupe of entertainers, then use said troupe of entertainers to assault a dark fortress, kill the demon in charge and then lay claim to the fortress for yourself and The Fabulous Messiahs.
You could also have your upper spine chipped by a lucky bogeymen and be a useless cripple for the remaining sixteen seconds of your life.
>>
>>153019895
>>153020201
No no, I love this kind of stuff
The problem is I literally can't find anything, I wandered around in the wilderness for 5 hours
>>
>>153020389
Legendsviewer is pretty much mandatory if you want to do anything interesting in adv mde
>>
File: shitposter.png (15KB, 597x285px) Image search: [Google]
shitposter.png
15KB, 597x285px
>find pleb in a lair
>his only possession is a book
>going to use him as my new training buddy since I accidentally killed my last one
>start strangling so he doesn't put up a fight as I cripple him
>ends up dying immediately instead of going unconscious
>read his book
>he's just been shitposting about a nearby town while hiding in his lair
wew
>>
>>153019673
If you screw up and don't have a shield, dragonfire makes statues explode into clouds of boiling magma now, hell if you happened to be near something hit by dragonfire you could block the fire and get burned by the shit lighting off around you.

Webspitting inorganic titans, flying dragonfire breathing inorganic titans (yeesh, nothx), and similar fbs are awful.

Beyond a certain skill level, and especially once you do something like become a vampire or necromancer bogeymen start to become an annoyance.
>>
>>153020196
Embark in a scorching desert.
>>
Requesting new world seeds. Anyone have a decent world they'd like to share? Embarks?
>>
>>153014494
1. Military uniforms conflict with civilian labor tools. Woodcutters take off any assigned equipment before they pick up the axe to do their civilian labor.

2. That's just phoebus.
>>
>>153019673
A creature's strength is relative to their size, and the largest bogey is 1/3rd the size of an average dwarf. They're much, much weaker than angels that aren't composed of something soft.
>>
>>153022232
>They're much, much weaker than angels that aren't composed of something soft.
Except for the part where their strength stat is pumped so high that they can punch through steel with their bare fists. Bogeymen are literally just angels+1. Everything dangerous about angels, bogeymen do better.

Also, angels can be and usually are the same size as bogeymen anyway. The humanoid ones at least. Beast angels are wimplords regardless of their size, and archangels are usually huge.
>>
>>153020389
T to bring up the fast travel screen and Q to bring up the quest log both give you maps with lower resolutions that will show broader areas to find points of interest. The compass in the upper left corner of the screen will also lead you to nearby locations, which seems to be locations within ~1 day's travel.
>>
>>153021182
>Beyond a certain skill level, and especially once you do something like become a vampire or necromancer bogeymen start to become an annoyance.
But by that point you're strong enough that nothing else in the game can so much as touch you. Excluding dragons, webspitters and the minmaxiest RNGbeasts, bogeymen are the only threat serious enough to even be considered an annoyance. A lucky bogeyman can kill you in a single hit at any point in the game.
Nothing else can remain a relevant threat at that point, even with luck on their side.
When was the last time your armored, legendary vampire adventurer was actually injured by say a night troll? Or even an angel?
Now when was the last time your armored, legendary vampire adventurer was crippled by a bogeyman getting a lucky neck shot?
>>
>>153019687
>elf

Fucking kill yourself you subhuman scum
>>
Is there anything worse than an elf?
>>
>>153024614
2 elves
>>
>>153024614
>>153024651
3 elves
>>
>>153024614
elf civ
>>
File: 1455150216889.gif (11KB, 477x466px) Image search: [Google]
1455150216889.gif
11KB, 477x466px
>>153024614
There is one thing actually
>>
File: cutebold.jpg (113KB, 566x1233px) Image search: [Google]
cutebold.jpg
113KB, 566x1233px
>>153025082
>kobolds
>speaking legibly
>>
>>153025082
>>153025367
>hating on kobolds
kobolds are cute! CUTE!
>>
Best way to purge elf scum?
>>
>>153025450
gronk
>>
>>153025630
one by one
>>
>>153025630
limb from limb
>>
File: Jigibijeebis.png (10KB, 352x116px) Image search: [Google]
Jigibijeebis.png
10KB, 352x116px
One of these days I should play a kobold adventurer and go on a slaughtering spree to try and wipe out all the civilized races.
>>
>>153027514
why not right now
>>
>>153027565
That is an excellent question and it seems to have no answer. My current adventurer was boring anyway.
>>
>>153021229
Or a frozen one.
>>
>>153021229
>>153028221
but he'll still have murky pools, they just won't be usable
>>
>>153023071
>>153019673
You're DRAMATICALLY overselling bogeymen. The only way they can "destroy you at any point in teh game" is that some have gore attacks. Night trolls, and ordinary trolls, also have that.

They're a threat to:
0. People without companions
1. Newbie adventurers
2. People who sleep outside
3. ????

There is nothing magical or special about bogeymen as far as other creatures are concerned, and I have only died to them due to stupidity or incautiousness. I have had plenty of established characters brutally killed by night trolls (one bite and it can definitely be over for you with no way for even superhuman strength x legendary wrestling to pry free) but I have yet to see an awake, non stunned, trained adventurer die of them.

To be fair, angels seem faggy as fuck in 43.03, no extremity armor whatsoever, often spawn without axes, so I'm wondering if .04 or .05 had an important mod for them.

The only possible explanation for why people think bogeymen are a credible threat overall rather than just in specific situations, I think, is .34.xx bone chipping pain.
>>
>>153021969
What? I'm pretty sure woodcutters can still have uniforms, it just can't involve an axe.
>>
>>153022589
A single wrong move with an angel can result in them skewering a divine metal pike through your hand, permanently ruining it, while I have not seen bogeymen do anything of the sort unless you count .34.xx.

I don't really pay attention to what permanently fucks you up in .34 since I've had size 1100000 race characters have motor nerve severings due to a fucking ordinary crab.
>>
>>153028772
Nope, miners and woodcutters will strip naked when they switch from military or civilian tasks, even if you don't have any uniform set for them at all. It's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>153017374
Meph is known for pocketing donation money (on average, thousands every month) and take frequent vacations across the world. He claims a lot of work went unfinished, not because he went on vacation, but because a middle eastern guy confiscated his thumb drive. So not only is he rich at the expense of DF fans (and at the expense of Toady, since the donation money should be his), but he's a racist as well who blames literal Islamic terrorism on why he did nothing as far as updates for a whole month.

So in case you're wondering why some people are pissy about Mastershit, now you know why.
>>
is there a way to change genders pre-embark
i got 7 females
>>
>>153029297
cancel and start over
>>
>>153029330
is it a huge detriment to wait for first migration wave?
>>
>>153028772
http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1451
>>
>>153029391

>is it a huge detriment to wait for first migration wave?

I don't understand the question. Are you asking whether their sexes matter, other than that if they get married and join the military they may retardedly bring their babies? No.
>>
>>153029482
I was asking that, since I had 7 females, would it actually be an issue to wait for the first migration wave to get a male.
>>
>>153029554

No. It would matter in no way whatsoever.
>>
>>153029391
Genders are almost entirely meaningless. The only difference between them is that males can be the victims of gelding blows and women can produce leeches that serve as meatshields on rare occasions.
>>
>>153029554
realistically, your fort would hardly play out differently than normal if it was populated entirely by females
>>
>>153028292
Not if they're frozen?
>>
File: 1441229587617.png (34KB, 774x562px) Image search: [Google]
1441229587617.png
34KB, 774x562px
>>
File: 1461686065347.png (20KB, 315x161px) Image search: [Google]
1461686065347.png
20KB, 315x161px
>>
So if ya gotta do two separate embarks at a least with a dead civ, and thus have 14 DORFS to detail the skills for, what skills would you go for, and for which embark?

1. Assume the first embark will join the second bark... after awhile.
2. Assume the first embark won't have much time to fuck around with their actual skills/jobs, being too busy moving shit around etc.
>>
File: das right.png (17KB, 599x313px) Image search: [Google]
das right.png
17KB, 599x313px
>>
How do I invert the signal sent from a pressure plate to a bridge?
>>
What's the best race for an adventurer who's going to be wandering around underground a lot? I would assume it would be dwarf would be best and human would be pretty bad due to lack of eyesight without sunlight, but I'd like to know if there's anything else I should take into account.
>>
>>153035706
><
>>
>>153038028
Goblins don't eat or drink and have good nightsight.
>>
>>153038028
Dorf. By FAR
>>
>>153038148
You forgot their great ability to pick up odors. Seriously, the only times I've been able to pick up anything other than "death"(in an evil biome), I've been playing as a gobbo.
>>
>can join lock shit to break it
>can't go MGS and snap someone's neck
>>
>>153039285
Probably because that's just too "nuffin personel" tier.
>>
>>153039285
add joint tag to throat
>>
>>153020201
What the fuck can give you that message in the game, man?
>>
Is there any way to tell how deep the aquifer is from the site selection screen? Or by any other method than embarking and digging or hacks, mods, etc?
>>
>>153040330
In pre-0.40, you'd run into random bandit encounters when fast travelling. They'd be announced with a popup window.
>>
is it possible to build downwards?

building it on a ledge facing up
and then letting it crash down works... but

is there maybe a workaround or is it only possible to build from the bottom up?
>>
>>153041714
Staircases can be built with no support except from above if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>153041714
An advantage of adventurer mode, I suppose, my construction is all abstracted to the travel screen so it just has to have proper support.

I could lay out something like this in side view:

_
..[]_
......[]_
..........[]

Sometimes I need to add additional "construction braces" on the sides, but you can build an otherwise unsupported zigzag out from a wall as far as you want.

+
++
..++
....++
......+
....++
....+
....++
......++
........++

Would build just fine, but building a single row of floors that far would stop after a couple of tiles at most.
>>
File: typical.png (73KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
typical.png
73KB, 1600x860px
I think this is the first time I've seen a dwarf whose values are exactly the same as the civ's values.
>>
File: pain.jpg (85KB, 1126x634px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
85KB, 1126x634px
>>153037594
Imagine this with over the top anime visuals
shonen fortress
>>
File: ded.png (6KB, 836x88px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
6KB, 836x88px
>>153042681
>tfw I just shouted all my values at the peasant were-wombat until I broke his minds like I broke his body
After he accepted my values, I proceeded to tell him all the stories I knew about him. He was one of the first humans and was a bard. The very first thing he did was write an angry book about his hometown hamlet. He went on to write a gorillion books. Eventually he went mad craving immortality, and decided desecrating a temple was the best way to do that. After he was cursed to be a were-wombat and kicked out of all civilization, he spent many years eating livestock and travelers that wandered near his lair.

I recited his entire history, a tale as old as the world, before purging the abomination from the world.
>>
>>153043412
Oh, and he kept his very first book with him. It was his only reminder of the life he used to live.
>>
>>153043412
>>153043538
nice story
>>
>trying to build a tower to facilitate an execution drop where the victim hits terminal velocity before exploding on a solid gold floor
>giant keas constantly interrupting

if only there were a way to have bowdwarfs constantly hunting for the giant green faggots
>>
>>153036790
>1 carpenter
>1 mason
>1 grower
>1 brewer+cook
>2 miners
>1 armorsmith+weaponsmith
>1 furnace operator, wood burner, lye maker, soaper, any other odd jobs where skill only increases production speed
>1 doctor
>1 weaver (use a giant cave spider as cloth source to cut out the plant processor)
>1 clothier
>1 mechanic
>1 manager
>not sure what to do with the last guy. strand extractor? engraver? jeweler? another odd jobs guy?
>Would eventually include the carpenter, mason, miners, mechanic, smith, weaver, clothier, furnace operator and 14th dwarf in the military for a 10 man squad

On the first embark I would take the smith, furnace operator, doctor, weaver, clothier, mechanic and extra dwarf, have them cut down some trees and build a wooden wall and then sustain themselves with plant gathering for a bit. Fruit trees are OP.

On the second embark I'll have the miners, the mason, the carpenter and the farmer, so I'll be able to establish a proper underground fortress and get the ball rolling for a longterm plan.
Any extra migrants will be used to expand and improve my cloth industry and to establish a library. With 8 dwarves I can add dyes to my cloth and start producing quires at a steady pace. With 2 more I can have scribes to keep up with my mechanic and doctor, who will become scholars.
Everyone else will just be haulers and military dwarves.
>>
>>153044980
>Not adding the [AQUATIC] tag to keas so the little bastards air drown immediately on spawn
>>
File: procedural.png (7KB, 54x54px) Image search: [Google]
procedural.png
7KB, 54x54px
>>153021613
I have got a really really nice one: http://pastebin.com/smHXMBCm

I am a beginner so I embarked on the lower continent in a warm area with literally everything but aquifiers. 2 years in, 97 people (one died (my broker with appraisal) because I did not know what it means when dwarves wait in their workshop while being posessed, but after his death I let them carve pictures of him into the main bedroom walls, so he wont be forgotten) and I have yet to wait to find anything threatening, I guess goblins are just too far away, maybe I will start some shit with the treehumpers though
>>
>>153045379
What about caverns?
>>
>>153025667
>>
>>153045696
Just digging for them after I got a military squad and sealed it off with a drawbridge to have not too much fun. Digged straight down to level 20, nothing yet, pretty strange
>>
Is it possible to retire in a site that you create as an adventurer, and if so, how? I'm still getting give in to starvation instead of retire or rest for a while.
>>
File: goblinburger.png (23KB, 569x146px) Image search: [Google]
goblinburger.png
23KB, 569x146px
Is there a kill more metal than chopping a fucker's upper body into an unrecognizeable mess of twisted tissues?
>>
>>153046338
Name it > designate a main hall zone > claim it and retire.

>>153044980
>I RECENTLY LASHED A KEA IN HALF
>>
300k created value guy here, my first forgotten beast was a quadruped with mandibles made of ash, no special attacks
disappointing
>>
I like to chop the swordarms off of people with my axe when they fuck with me and just leave them there.
>>
For some reason my dwarves won't remove the giant rat and elkbird corpses around my fortress
Any idea why that would be?
>>
>>153048849
You got a corpse stockpile? You sure they're unforbidden?
>>
>>153046001
>>153045696
Just found a nice cavern at level 30 that goes down to 41. I have no idea which of the layers it is but it looks quite maze-like, a dead bat and some silk webs are there, but I cannot find any monsters. Well, I hoped I could find some magma for a forge, damn. Still sealed it off with the drawbridge though. Is there a way to see how many cavern monsters are in the world? I have seen the generation file and it says something like 14 cave trolls, which is quite few in such a huge world
>>
>>153049371
If even roll I will enter the cavern with my troops
If even doubles I will enter the fort with a horde of civilians
If uneven doubles I will enter it with a lone animal caretaker
If trips he will bring his duck with him
>>
>>153048702
I got 300k in like 1 year after robbing the caravan.
That may be a bug but it is seriously not that hard
>>
>>153045936
Well that was pretty fucking cute
>>
>>153049634
not trying to brag, it's just that I complained about the lack of Fun in my fort here yesterday, just wanted to identify myself
>>
File: iamwhere.png (24KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
iamwhere.png
24KB, 1600x860px
By far the worst thing about starting out as a dwarven adventurer is the fact that you have to find your way out of the maze before you can do anything interesting.

Captcha wants me to identify pancakes. I'm hungry.
>>
>>153049793
Ah, ok. Tbh, how can you see how much something is worth in trade? The number besides it just seems to be the weight and not the value. I just traded two iron anvils for a cat and a goose, how much did I fuck up?
>>
>>153050034
You need a broker with the appraisal skill to see how much things are worth.
>>
>>153050034
you must appoint a broker and have him do the trading
>>
Oh fug. Some weregopher with a name just came here. "Now you will know why you fear the night". What the fuck is happening? Is this a FB or just some shitty meme monster?
>>
File: wherestheramp.png (62KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
wherestheramp.png
62KB, 1600x860px
>>153049914
Would it kill Toady to have us start out with knowledge of the layout of the fortress which is supposedly the home we've been living in?
>>
>>153050589
Holy shit, now my fishers are fighting with that fag instead of running away. What the fuck
>>
>>153050589
It's a werebeast.

It's a monster man thing.

Eventually if you don't kill it it'll turn to normal and flee.

There's nothing to worry about if it bites anybody.
>>
>>153050776
>>153051381
>tfw you lost two stupid fishers to some fag
>tfw one of axedwarves hips is torn apart and he cannot stand anymore
>tfw
>>
>>153051409
>look at the thoughts of the person who cannot stand anymore
>"I feel so good!"
>>
>>153051381
>There's nothing to worry about if it bites anybody.

now that's some fun inducing text.
>>
>>153051538
Well yeah I mean of course that isn't true, werebeasts have pretty strong jaws. Nothing a trip to the hospital can't fix tho.
>>
>>153051593
Nothing a trip to the hospital can't fix?
It just killed two of my fucking men

Also:
>some guy is on his way to recover the wounded soldier
>I see some guy approaching
>"Store item in bin"
>mfw he literally walks besides the wounded, robs one corpse of his clothes and leaves again
>>
>>153051701
Well the ones who survive I mean. Just keep the wounded in the hospital till they recover. If you don't have a hospital just have them on break or something. Its what I do, anyway. Should take about a month, give or take.
>>
>>153051798
Nah, I thought about that. I have a fully stacked hospital with 4 doctors and 10 beds.
>But no soap
>inb4 infection
>>
File: 1389976677717.png (143KB, 254x233px) Image search: [Google]
1389976677717.png
143KB, 254x233px
>>153051910
Don't worry, werebeast bites don't get infected
>>
File: feelingnothing.png (98KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
feelingnothing.png
98KB, 1920x1017px
>>
>>153050632
There is absolutely no way out of this little pocket of air in the earth which is supposedly a fortress. I do not know what to do.
>>
>>153052125
Have you tried taking the stairs?

Also, navigating fortresses gets easier when you start to learn how they're generated.
>>
>>153051910
>mfw after like 2 minutes of lying unconsious in bed he gets up again, gets in his armour and returns to the training grounds
>mfw this dwarf also was the one who actually finished the werehuman
>mfw this guy is the first hero of this fortress
>>
>>153052565
Oh that's pretty cool. Make sure to train him up a lot so he lives up to his reputation.
>>
>>153052565
>werehuman

uh
>>
>>153052784
This nigga
>>
>>153052565
>after like 2 minutes of lying unconsious in bed he gets up again, gets in his armour and returns to the training grounds
after a torn hip?
that guy is pretty beastly
>>
>>153052802
I think he meant a human who turned into a werebeast as opposed to like, a dorf or something.
>>
>>153052802
clearly a fearsome monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU513suJZzY
>>
>>153050034
Made me chuckle and make a meme.
>>
>>153050034
>I sell 1000 acres of land for shiny bead
>>
>>153052202
Yes, I have taken the stairs, all of them, and explored each level that I can get to in their entireties, so far as I am able, unless I'm missing something. I found no way out and nothing of interest except the tavern keeper in one of the little bedrooms. When he told me to talk to somebody else about where a beast was I asked him how to find the other person and he said he didn't know where to look. Are we stuck in there forever?
>>
File: DF Adv Mode True End.png (5KB, 485x55px) Image search: [Google]
DF Adv Mode True End.png
5KB, 485x55px
Serf the derfs
>>
>>153059176
I didn't know that was possible
>>
>>153059521
You didn't think adventurers were immortal, did you?
>>
File: dawnbridge.png (625KB, 3226x806px) Image search: [Google]
dawnbridge.png
625KB, 3226x806px
landfall, finally

now send your snatchers, your trolls, your writers and poets. I'll guide them all to elven homes
>>
>>153059852
does this really work? will goblins even use that bridge?
>>
>>153051701
>mfw he literally walks besides the wounded, robs one corpse of his clothes and leaves again

DF is a tough world buddy
>>
>>153053073
>tfw still no skeleton men and giant skeletons
>>
File: DrunkenPortals.png (105KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
DrunkenPortals.png
105KB, 1600x838px
>Set pop cap to 7 and child cap to 200
>Go settle down on a junction between two forests and a mountain
>Dig a little hobbit hole above the surface and settle in for a couple years so I can have a couple productive trades instead of just blowing the opportunities digging to and setting up above magma or pistoning it up
>Buy arse loads of gems with some crafts, furniture, and orchard products gathered and cooked into roasts.
>Encrust and resell to buy arse loads of gems ores, metal, meltables, and wooden goods
>Slowly begin customizing their bedrooms with liked materials and furniture because with so few dorfs it's actually feasible.
>Goes on for like 15,20 years
>Can't figure out why nobody's had a kid yet
>Bee farm, while productive and sustaining the entire fort by itself, is beginning to choke itself out because Toadman's cooking code is pants on head retarded with liquids generally being depreciated at being chosen
>Oh, tavern moved socializing completely out of the meeting hall/dining hall zones.
>Designate one
>One tight year I don't have a lot cause I've had to cut labor time due to only having 7 derfs to do everything the dorf merchants try to jew me and throw a hissy fit.
>They don't actually leave properly and exist invisibly 2 tiles from the map edge and I only know that cause their shit shows up as forbidden on my stocks list
>Some 10 years later one of the pack animals dies of old age or something, dropping a fat stack of merchant goods out of thin air.
>Never got a caravan since
>Some 40 years into the fort the only two who's paired up is my honorary noble and the mechanic who pop out a kid every other year now
>Pop: 10
I dearly hope incest will save us before moods start and we all die in a tantrum spiral from a dead relative.
>>
>embark in evil reanimating glacier
>immediately set up a wall around wagon
>retard cat doesn't want to come inside
>undead yeti kills it in one hit
Rip 2cat
>>
So /dfg/
What are the bigger implications the law system will bring to the game?
Land/property owning/managing? Crime and punishment? Taxes and taxes-related murders?
>>
>>153059852
How long did that take, in dwarf time?
>>
>>153059972
They will, although actually building the bridge in-game was unnecessary. Just having your embark area connect two landmasses will make abstract armies able to cross the water.
>>
>>153060620
I applaud your endeavor.
>>
Has anyone ever tried to roleplay old greeks while playing dorfmod? any stories
>>
>>153061681
That's gonna be inmensely easier and satisfactory to make after the myth update
>>
>>153059972
well, they'll use it to attack me, but I imagine they'd have appeared from thin air on the elven side if I hadn't built it
human and dwarven caravans have been generating on that side already

>>153061067
2.5 years with pop capped at 30, although I spent some of that time working on my aboveground fort (you can see the ramps up to it in the middle of the bridge)
>>
>>153061940
Tfw, hope its coming out soon. any idea when?
>>
>>153062129
No prob senpai, its coming much sooner than everybody thought!
About late 2017
>>
Can you remove staircase? Fill it up or something?
>>
>>153062129
Hopefully by the end of 2017. By the end of this year, we hopefully get the artifact release.
>>
>>153062587
Build a wall/floor.
>>
Finally third caverns.
I hope I will find some magma soon,
>>
>>153062587
d-z if it's a dug upward staircase

>>153063396
if it's a downward staircase
>>
>>153062739
>>153062256
:(
>>
>>153063396
>>153063521
To be more precise.

I dug stars leading down, but I had a room already dug below it. So I can't build a up/down staircase on that level it seems. So the down stars seem unusable.

Or am I missing something?
>>
>>153063713
You can though. You construct it instead of dig designation
>>
>>153063608
Why so sad? We confirmed that there was a major release coming out in just a few months. By Toady standard, this schedule is pretty reassuring.
>>
File: OwGodMySpine.png (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OwGodMySpine.png
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>153057081
I assume you can't fast travel and move upwards right?

Nice, there was one of those in the bay12 adventure mode game I fucked around in a bit, I was a peregrine falcon crossbowwoman vampire at that point so I was zooming around at 6.1 speed all day erry day, and then I found a minecart on the bridge.
>>
>>153063814
Neat. I did it. Thanks.
>>
File: 2491975ef3.jpg (986KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2491975ef3.jpg
986KB, 2880x1800px
I'm on 40.24, what would happen if I just upgrade to 43.xx? Can I put the book reactions in somehow without regenning my world? I want to update the game, but keep playing my old save.
>>
>>153064309
Read up on if there was a save break.
Read up on modding to know what needs a new world or not
>>
make it more user-friendly god dam'n
>>
>>153069257
the only really non-user friendly part is the interface, and even that's not too bad once you get used to it
>>
>>153069718
some mouse controls would be nice, but also a pain for everyone already playing at this point
>>
>>153052071
I dont think he's being honest with himself.
>>
>>153070358
>some mouse controls would be nice
Wipe this meme from the face of the Earth.

It's nice to have a game where everything can be accessed through the keyboard. Adding mouse control would soon make the mouse completely necessary to play the game. Fuck that.
>>
>>153070745
it's no longer 1990 anon
everyone has a mouse
they're useful
>>
How does /dfg/ organize their peasantry? All of them with all peasant labors on, completely specialized, or a mixture of both types?
>>
>>153069257
It's already very user friendl.y Just because your keybindings from Dankstrike: TokeItforce don't carry over doesn't mean you still had to learn controls at some point.

>>153070358
>>153070820
Mouse controls are slow and terrible. Stop being a fucking baby, grind it out and appreciate it.

>>153071561
Specialists, haulers, miners, soldiers
>>
what should I focus on as a new player?

I watched a fair amount of Cpt Ducks tutorial for 2015, and want to get playing, but this shits just overwhelming.
>>
>>153071828
i mean, given that i'm here i'm clearly already playing
and it's fine
but like
>Mouse controls are slow and terrible.
this is just wrong
and you know it
>>
>>153071915
It takes longer when you can just hit the keys for it and be done in a fraction of the time.
>>
>>153070820
>tfw you aren't included in everyone
>>
>>153072105
so, mouse controls for designating big ass rectangles wouldn't be faster?

sure thing m8
>>
>>153071854
Focus on an industry at a time starting with food and bucket irrigation after you learn basic digging and other designations.
>>
>>153072203
Build a magma forge, a cage trap, then toggle your pickup minerals standing order.

Sure thing m8. Mouse controls are a cancer born from the shit generation
>>
>>153073012
anon the guys who made mouse controls are in their 70s now
or dead
don't blame this on millennials, they only adopted it
>>
File: kek3.png (200KB, 391x346px) Image search: [Google]
kek3.png
200KB, 391x346px
>>153072203
>he doesn't know about shift+direction
>>
>>153070820
>"it's current year" meme
>>
>>153064309
You can update without issue. You will be able to create tavern/temple/library zones and have the manager and workshop order improvements. Armor and weapon damage will happen.
You won't have any of the proc-genned art forms, which means no songs/dancing/poetry, no books except those written by necromancers will exist in your world, and you will probably not receive visitors. You won't be able to add reactions to create books/paper/parchment, though you may be able to replace existing reactions to do so. There are probably other new features you won't have, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
>>
>>153073150
Shit was fine until them.
>>
>>153071828
I just switched over to entirely specialized peasantry, and so far it seems a lot better. I had been told long ago to keep them generalized, but holy shit this seems much more efficient.
>>
>>153073564
seems like you have some delusional issues man
>>
>>153073585
Pretty much if skill matters I specialize them then pair up low work loads with low work loads so I have the minimum amount of specialists while still getting things done.
>>
File: nO8rZ.gif (2MB, 329x319px) Image search: [Google]
nO8rZ.gif
2MB, 329x319px
>Magma crab has given birth to triplets
Christ, it's the sea monster repopulation project all over again.
>>
>>153072221
How do I get clean water and store it?

What are the items I need to store food/materials/drinks?
>>
Do animals have fertility levels, or anything at all that affects births aside from gender? I've had these two dogs in a pasture together for years, and while previous pairs have made puppies very regularly, these ones just refuse to fuck.
>>
>>153074568
Cook it with &, a fire, a container, and a soda can you drank out of. You can salvage containers from the towns, sew them out of leather clothing, melt plastic chunks into jugs, treat stomachs to hold liquids

Store perishable (blue highlight) food and drinks in fridges, dump the rest anywhere. dump materials anywhere. You can craft using anything in the 8 nearby visible tiles.

>>153074973
There was a little bit of a rework, you'll want to dig on the forums.
>>
>>153074568
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Well_guide

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Stockpile#Food
>>
>>153075650
Wrong general.
>>>/rlg/
>>
>>153075780
Thanks, just what I needed.

But how about making it so dwarfs fight? I think I got everything I need to get started but know nothing about defending with dwarfs outside of making like motes and shit which I want to avoid at first.
>>
>>153073161
Apparently not.

I'm bummed out, anons, just found our porch spider fell at some point this morning and busted her abdomen open. I was able to get her before the ants did, at least. Just finished getting her cleaned up and in an impromptu display where she is all big and dramatic insted of curled up and dead looking, but still a super bummer, didn't even get to leave eggs behind for next year.
>>
>>153076239
The answer is, unsurprisingly, very similar.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Military

There are a lot of subarticles to read regarding it. It's one of the most fiddly systems in DF. You'll fuck up your first military or three, but rest assured that the system works as intended and works well once you learn it. Any anons who tell you otherwise are shitters whose opinions can be disregarded. Be aware of the bug reported in >>153029480. Also be aware that a properly trained and equipped military will trivialize 90+% of the threats in the game, so take it slow if you want to experience the "losing is fun" meme.
>>
>>153076239
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Military_quickstart
HUGE WALL OF TEXT BLAH BLAH BLAH

if you want your military optimized at all, you have to learn all this shit. If you don't care and just want a couple guys who can slap wild animals around, you could do worse than
>make sure you have a few metal weapons lying around - buy them from a caravan or embark with them if you don't want to deal with a metal industry yet, and getting your carpenter to build a few wooden shields early on is easy
>[n] --> assign someone as militia commander
>[m] --> [n], scroll to "metal armor," press [m]
>[p] --> [c]reate squad (from militia commander), select "metal armor"
>scroll over to SQUAD POSITIONS, scroll down to 2, and start assigning whoever you want to the squad
>[esc] when you're done
>build an armor stand or weapon rack wherever you want them to train, [q] on it, [r]-->resize (if you want)-->[enter], then [t] assuming you only have one squad (otherwise, scroll to the one you want)
>[s]-->[a]-->[t] so it says Sched - Active/training
>having enough waterskins/vials/flasks and backpacks lying around is a good idea, but not crucial early on

to kill something something with your squad,
[s]-->[a]-->[k] and then either
>scroll to the location of the target and press [enter]
>choose [l] or [r] and choose multiple targets
>>
File: FUCKING DORFS.png (212KB, 561x572px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING DORFS.png
212KB, 561x572px
I am going to lose this fort to the stupidest fucking bullshit I have ever seen.
>Start fort
>get mostly set up
>still have wagon be meeting zone
>giant tick gets scared and runs up nearby tree
>dorfs also scared of tick, they go catatonic or something and refuse to move
>stand frozen literally adjacent to the entrance to the fort
>start starving to death
What the fuck?

The tick is in one of the trees at the bottom of this image, along with a terrified fishery worker. Those 3 channeled tiles are the entrance to the fort.
>>
File: 002edit.jpg (189KB, 1000x723px) Image search: [Google]
002edit.jpg
189KB, 1000x723px
>>153076792
Wait, are you the one who posted the pic of the argiope spider earlier? Fuck, that's a bummer. How old was she?

Also, I get your feeling. I had a male zygiella spider move into my bedroom last sunday. During the days that passed, I got pretty attached to him. Then, yesterday, I happened to see him get pounced by a jumping spider. He managed to escape from the attack and avoid getting eaten, but he lost two legs and later died from his wounds.

Pic is how he looked when he was still healthy.
>>
>>153077838
what does it say about the dorfs when you [v] them? "no job"? "experiencing mortal terror"(or whatever the phrase is)?
are you sure there's food available and you didn't accidentally lock it away from them?
>>
>>153077838
Try drafting everyone into a militia and see if you can break them loose by stationing them somewhere else.
>>
>>153079339
no job

Have plenty of food, also plenty of jobs queued up inside. Have mining designated, yet both miners just sit there dumbfounded. Have the broker called to the depot, yet he too just sits there dumbfounded.
>>
>>153079828
and you're 100% certain you haven't blocked them off? it sounds to me like they can't get into your fort for some reason, maybe you channeled or dug something you shouldn't have
>>
How do you pronounce Urist
>>
>>153080215
Yeur-ist
>>
>>153080018
I haven't changed anything though. I've seen them enter and exit fine before.

>>153079759
Drafted everyone. Stationed all inside. None of the stuck dorfs moved. Stationed all outside, miles away from the tick. None of the stuck dorfs moved.
>>
>>153080215
similar to Your Wrist
>>
>>153080215
>inb4 yeris

Seriously though: ʉːrist
>>
>>153061014
>Taxes and taxes-related murders?
Now that you mention it, it could be really funny to be a king and be murdered by a liberal rebellion because your taxes were too high

But what I expect the most are contracts. Of all types, I think they would change a lot of in-game activities
>>
File: 7c6.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>153080771
>it could be really funny to be a king and be murdered
>really funny to /---/ be murdered
>>
Do appraiser skill matter? I fired my broker with legendary status for somebody with great appraiser because he didn't want to get to trade depot.
>>
File: orc vampires.png (49KB, 1191x558px) Image search: [Google]
orc vampires.png
49KB, 1191x558px
>>153046950
Smashing a fucker's upper body into a lump of gore comes to mind. Takes obscenely high strength though.
>>
>>153081409
I think appraiser works as a binary. As long as you're higher than dabbling you get all the possible benefits of the skill.
>>
>>153081262
>not enjoying seeing various complex game mechanics to overlap causing hilarious and unpredictable results
>Not enjoying the !!!!FUN!!!!!

Do you even play the game?
>>
File: Shitrorin.png (2KB, 315x117px) Image search: [Google]
Shitrorin.png
2KB, 315x117px
>kobolds
>>
File: tie.png (127KB, 245x243px) Image search: [Google]
tie.png
127KB, 245x243px
>>153082670
>"civilization"
>>
File: 20160827_140328.jpg (545KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_140328.jpg
545KB, 1600x1200px
>>153078974
Yar, she was just around 10 months old tops. She's a bit of a mess still since it's hard to clean all the goop up and I can't even begin to fix the damage seam or whatnot, but I guess I'm glad she didn't fall from me handling her.

He's neat looking, though if they were here they'd get killed a lot due to slight recluse similarity, we've got two good sized female spitting spiders posting up in different corners of our room, I actually got the missus to handle the larger one. Was hoping if I had to move Val again that she would be able to handle her too, since they're such docile spiders, she'll get to see how heavy she was but it's not quite the same.

>>153080215
Wrongly apparently, Toady says it like the beginning of "urge", oor-ist, but I'm in the "your-ist" camp.
>>
>>153082019
Oh well then. I changed broker. Previous one did not return to Depot after first trade session to trade rest stuff so I choose closest and most skilled appraiser from other group.
Enjoy elves taking your jobs asshole.
>>
>>153083456
Those look gorgeous. The closest we got to them in Europe is argiope bruennechi(pic related). Those aren't nearly as big as the aurantias, though. They have supposedly become established as far to the north as southern Sweden, where I live, but I haven't had the pleasure to actually see one IRL yet.

Fuck, I wish someone would mod more arthropods in general, and more arachnids in particular, into DF. There are like four spider types in vanilla, and only two of them, namely the jumping spider and the brown recluse, are based on actual spiders. The other two, cave and phantom spiders, are just creepy crawlie stereotypes.
>>
>>153084928
pet spiders when
>>
>>153084994
I think the elves already bring tame vermin spiders and giant spiders, but due to their short lifespan, I usually don't buy them.
>>
File: 20160827_140557.jpg (527KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_140557.jpg
527KB, 1600x1200px
>>153084928
The bruennechi is very similar looking to a younger aurantia.

They're great ambassador species since they are sooooo huge and dramatic but utterly predictable so you can let people who are leery know "you can get closer to look if you want" and then frame it as "but try not to scare her" and explain why they do the web-bouncing when they're nervous, it's hard to be scared of something YOU are now concerned about stressing out.

Had people come back to the house to ask if their little boy could take a picture with Skarlett, who was in the same spot last year.

>>153084994
I took the pet cave spider someone posted here and turned it into a huntsman, not a web-shooter, more like cats with the hunting behavior, really fast, with a quick paralysis and mild necrotic venom to "pre-digest" food, though I forgot the returns kill to owner tag actually.

http://pastebin.com/zfdJM4pz
>>
>>153084994
>>153085614

I had GCS tamed once but one tantruming dorf murdered it.
>>
>>153086657
At least it wasn't a breeding pair, still sucks to get that far though.

>>153086257
In better news, it looks like some of the remaining goop has kinda glued her on to the bit of plastic I used to keep her legs extended, so it will be easier to transfer her to a cleaner bag. I want to get that done soon so I don't have to risk her drying out too much and losing a leg in the process.
>>
File: DwarfFeelWhen.jpg (130KB, 779x634px) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFeelWhen.jpg
130KB, 779x634px
>>153060620
>Can't figure out why nobody's had a kid yet

1. Dwarves are only capable of falling in love with and marrying other dwarves which are within 10 years of their own age.
2. Some dwarves might be gay/bi which given the default settings is something annoying like 15%-20% This can however be changed by editing the creature_standard raw file. Consult the wiki/forums on how to do this. search "Orientation"
3. There appears to be a hard-coded very small chance that dwarves are simply asexual and have no interest in reproduction.
4. There is a definite limit on how related one dwarf can be to another before it becomes impossible to have children. I believe as close as "first cousins" is allowed; any closer than that is not permitted and is hard-coded on sentients
5. Sentient/civilized creatures and non-sentient animals have different rules for reproduction. The biggest one is that dwarves who are lovers or are married are perfectly faithful even unto death; if a dwarf loses their lover, they're blue-balled forever. Also, grudges can never become lovers/married, dwarves have to be friends first. Again: Consult the wiki.

In order to actually get a fortress going from just 7 dwarves, you ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE:
- 3 pairs of hetrosexual dwarves; the 7th dwarf doesn't matter, or can act as a back-up player in the pre-lover stage if a dwarf of the same gender and age group dies.
- each pair has the dwarves within 10 years of each other
- each pair must have compatible personalities (ie: FRIENDS, or the ability to become friends/lovers)
- spending enough free time with one another to actually become lovers/married, AND enough time close to one another to make the children
- These dwarves survive long enough to produce *enough* children of different gender to grow the population
>>
File: angry dorf.jpg (384KB, 2276x2110px) Image search: [Google]
angry dorf.jpg
384KB, 2276x2110px
>>153086657
>tfw your douchy roommate kills your spiderbro
>>
>>153087434
God damnit.
>>
File: DwarfFortressAndMyMagma.jpg (105KB, 597x541px) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFortressAndMyMagma.jpg
105KB, 597x541px
>>153087434
lol field too long

If you've SOMEHOW managed to restart the game until you get 3 pairs of perfect dwarves, AND none of them perform any retarded shit like dropping logs onto their soft heads, you'll eventually have 3 "families" in the fortress and a 7th hanger-on who'll be blue-balled forever.
The biggest management problem here is that there are only ever 3 lineages dwarves can come from inside the fortress. A, B, and C families.

So your founders pop out their children, they're mothers and fathers now! The first generation are all brother+sisters, so the only way for the "A" founders child to reproduce is with "B" or "C" founders children.
Assuming you have the patience to suffer through 14+ years of low frame rate, and the children are capable of marriage, they'll produce their own children belonging to their parents groups: A-B, B-C, and C-A. The founders are now grand-parents!

Here's the problem though: The only way for these (relative to the founders) grand-children to reproduce is with the group that they don't belong to: A-B has to marry to C, B-C has to marry to A, and C-A has to marry to B.

This means you need to KEEP YOUR FOUNDERS ALIVE NO MATTER WHAT, until the first generational age gap is closed. Dwarves can put out a child until their last day alive, so you now need to wait another 14+ game years before the grand-children of the founders have grown enough to have their own children.
THEN, those great-grand children marry a child of a similar age that was born from the family they're not a part of; a founders' child.

Confused?
Don't worry, the game tracks this shit for you!

Including when a tantrum spiral wipes out everyone because *EVERYONE IN THE FORT* GETS THE BAD THOUGHT OF THEIR SECOND COUSIN (ONCE REMOVED) GETTING KILLED!
>>
>>153073585
It really depends on what stage you're in.
In the early game, keeping them generalized is good.
Once your population is higher, then you can start specializing and eventually have no generalization at all.
>>
>>153088134
Oh, also, most dwarves start at about middle-aged, which is somewhere halfway towards 150 (the first year that they can die of old age; their last year to live is 170)
so expect a lot of 50-90 year olds, which is a huge gap when you're trying to generate *pairs* of opposite-sex friendly heterosexual dwarves who dream of starting a family, when paired are within 10 years of each other.

3 times.
>>
>>153090445
>>153089301
>>153087434
Modding can mitigate a few of these problems
>Removing the maxage tag will make dwarves immortal, and therefore remove the 10 year age gap limit
>Changing orientation tags can force heterosexuality and disable asexuality
>Modding entity values to remove all respect for anything but family will force almost all dwarves to dream of raising a family(this will also disable strange moods though, since they require dreaming of mastering a skill, creating a great work or art or crafting a masterwork)
>>
File: BunchaCousinFuckingUncleFuckers.png (56KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BunchaCousinFuckingUncleFuckers.png
56KB, 1920x1080px
>>153087434
>>
File: DwarfFortressGeneralSummary.png (216KB, 744x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFortressGeneralSummary.png
216KB, 744x1000px
>>153091409
> immortality removes the 10 year age gap limit
didn't know that.

>and disable asexuality
only to the extent of orientation.
a dwarf that has lost their lover or spouse is effective from that point on, permanently asexual (this is the hard-coded thing i was refering to)

>>153091604
> i'm one!

> can somehow speak perfectly at the age of 1
>>
File: NotGoodAtMathAreYouKiddo.png (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NotGoodAtMathAreYouKiddo.png
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>153093135
Could be worse.
>>
>>153093234
what the fuck can you even gen a world that long without crashing the game?
>>
>>153093234
ahaha what the phuck man
>>
>>153093971
They get like 1/4 of their age before worldgen starts. it's how durrgins durr around.
>>
File: inked.png (3KB, 436x40px) Image search: [Google]
inked.png
3KB, 436x40px
ok, I get it, I get it
I'll make sure all of the dwarves who are swimming 3 z-levels below the surface of the ocean know they need to be careful
>>
>>153095947
>we'll never have free diving dorfs over a reef in a shipwreck scenario embark.
>>
That werebeast guy again, my soldier pretty much healed until now, two months over

Nice
>>
Guys, how can you make soap from lye?

It does not appear in the soapmakers workshop
>>
>>153097292
all soapmaking uses lye, you goof
your choice is lye+oil or lye+tallow
>>
>>153097292
Wood burner. Make ash
ashery make lye. You need buckets and barrels
Make sure you have a lye stockpile. it's in the food category
Make sure you have a tallow category, it's in the food category
Disable tallow cooking in the z-kitchen-other menu so you don't cook it all away or get oil
Make soap
If it bugs out, use manager orders to get it.
>>
I was ""sieged"" by elves. Two elf crossbowmen.
>>
>>153099108
Should have held them down and force fed them booze until they blacked out.
>>
File: WereNobles.png (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WereNobles.png
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>153093971
>>153094361

I didn't, just a weird ass bug that happened when I infected several towns and hamlets and forts with the weremammoth curse.
>>
>>153099756
Damn I really should have. Just let my human mercenary squad deal with them instead. Will keep that in mind for the next invasion of limpwrist knife ears.
>>
File: dorf.png (173B, 210x228px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.png
173B, 210x228px
>>
Just played a bard for the first time and while it was fun singing down by the town well for fun and fame something kept telling me that something was missing. Thats when I realized the art form of acting is missing. I wonder if Toady will ever add acting and drama to the game as performances. Having a theatre in a fort would be pretty sweet tbqh.
>>
>I go down the cavern with my military
>Kill a giant rat that is "Overcome by terror" after seeing my forces
>After the kill I just let them stand in the cavern and look out for monsters
>Suddenly a civilian passes them
>"Hunt"
>mfw
>>
>>153104019
honestly, I'd be surprised if he didn't, but it's probably a long way off
at some point I think he's planning to bring festivals/celebrations/games into the world, so presumably all the art forms and performances will get tweaked and re-examined at that point

>>153104591
if it's the first cavern layer he might get away with it, although you'd probably be better served to do the hunting with your military
>>
what do vault slabs do?
>>
>>153104819
Yeah, I just turned it off. I will not let that guy die
>>
Okay, I am slaughtering a town, sometimes in front of other townspeople.

Why are they all dumbfounded, asking if it's an attack? No one seems to be hostile.
>>
>>153105241
Well, they're not sure if it's an attack or not
Maybe you should tell them
>moments ago, I killed [your neighbour]
>>
>>153105241
You can tell them it's just a prank
>>
DFHack 43.05 when?
>>
File: 1459052729843.png (69KB, 661x953px) Image search: [Google]
1459052729843.png
69KB, 661x953px
>>153093135
>>
Haven't been active for 6 months, coming back, has Toady fixed the sexism in the game yet?
>>
>>153105707

>he needs to cheat in this game

are you autism
>>
>>153105586
>crazed madman kicks down door to my mudhut
>shanks my neighbors head off with a bronze carving knife
>wut do
>madman looks at me with tears in his eyes and tells me he just killed my neighbor even though I literally just witnesses it
>such is life in The Momentous Planes
>>
>>153106295
Labor assigning makes this game literally unplayable without DFHack. Also quick save.
>>
>>153106990
I almost forgot it's the weekend.
>>
>>153107096
Is weekend the new summer now?

Just with more neet and less school?
>>
File: REALLY MAD.png (11KB, 211x228px) Image search: [Google]
REALLY MAD.png
11KB, 211x228px
>>153106062
>>
File: 1462081703175.png (72KB, 888x860px) Image search: [Google]
1462081703175.png
72KB, 888x860px
>>153106115
No, females still get -4 strength.
>>
>>153107268
It sure is.
>>
>>153106062
Dorf Fort really should go free software though
>>
Seriously though, these people don't seem to see my vampiric grizzly man ass as an enemy even though I slaughtered their lady and her royal guard plus half the town.
>>
>>153107512
This
>>
File: yuiwat.png (248KB, 343x391px) Image search: [Google]
yuiwat.png
248KB, 343x391px
>>153107414
>No, females still get -4 strength.
wtf

I hate Toady now
>>
why am i getting notifications about caveins 130 levels below where I'm digging

is this any actual threat to my dwarves
>>
>>153108080
It might be some FB starting fires in an undiscovered cavern layer.
>>
>>153108540
doubt it
I just embarked and still only have 7 dwarves
>>
>>153108540
this is obnoxious

[mining][mining] You have struck mica!
[mining][mining] A section of the cavern has collapsed!
[mining][mining] You have struck schorl!
[mining][mining] You have struck rose quartz!
[weather][weather] It has started raining.
>>
when is it the time to use burrows? I made a burrow for my doctors in the hospital and now the dumbshits are sleeping there and not leaving to eat.
>>
>>153106378
>I hear my neighor was struck down by Crazed Madman the Shanker of Heads.
>It was inevitable.
>>
>>153109368

They have gone deep undercover
>>
>>153109368
>when is it the time to use burrows?
When you wan't your civilians to get out of harm's way during an attack.

>I made a burrow for my doctors in the hospital
Why the fuck would you do that?

>now the dumbshits are sleeping there and not leaving to eat
Big fucking surprise. You've explicitly forbidden them from leaving the burrow, and now you ask why they're not leaving the burrow?
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>Dwarf fortress.exe has stopped working
>>
>>153110125
>You've explicitly forbidden them from leaving the burrow
Burrows don't work like that. They only prevent dwarves from taking jobs outside the burrow, but dwarves can path wherever they need to outside of the burrow to do those jobs, and idle dwarves can wander outside their burrows as they please. Civ alert burrows are the only exception.
>>
>>153111476
fuck, somebody finally explained that shit rationally, and here I thought every burrow I made needed its own temple, cafeteria, and hospital
>>
>>153112167
Also, if it helps, burrows can be discontinuous and you can paint multiple burrows over a single area. So you can have common areas for dining halls, temples, stockpile hubs, noble offices, etc, that are part of every burrow, while having dwarves work and live in their own industrial districts or whatever.
>>
I was out traveling with companions in the middle of the night. Suddenly I feel uneasy and my companions come running with a handful of bogeymen in hot pursuit. We die.
Toady wtf.
>>
>>153113135
You sure they were bogeys? They only appear when the adventurer is alone, and always around the adventurer. Could they have been night trolls?
>>
>>153113576
Nope they were bogeymen. I was not pleased at all.
>>
File: moshi moshi hydra desu.png (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
moshi moshi hydra desu.png
359KB, 1920x1080px
>first adventure
>go to to fight a hydra
>getting really hungry so go into a local fort
>been to a few so figured out what they generally look like now
>notice no dwarfs anywhere at trade depot or around the building
>suddenly this happens
>>
About to make my first fort after reading and watching a bunch of this.

Overwhelmed by just the sheer amount of stuff but what can I do to make myself safe from FB and Were-Monsters fucking me up early while im getting my bearings?
>>
>>153114301
Just wall your entraces off. Nothing can destroy walls, so nothing can touch you if you don't leave any openings. Alternatively the same thing applies to bridges, so you can leave a walkway open for regular use then you can close it off when there's danger.
>>
>>153115012
So as long as I have even just a wood wall around my fort then nothing can ever break in?

That seems too easy.
>>
>>153115128
It has it's pros and cons. Not being able to trade is one.
>>
>>153055409
>mfw I actually AM an austrian
nice man
>>
How much faster is the 64-bit version compared to the older versions? I haven't played since 40.24.
>>
>>153116595
Also how do you guys handle not playing with DFHack in 43.05?
>>
>>153115128
Despite the memes, DF is actually extremely easy. There's nothing difficult about creating a strong fort.

This is purely because of the whole industructable wall thing, but without that the game really would be unplayably hard at times. Stuff like steel webspitting FBs would end your fort and there would be nothing you could do about it.
>>
>>153116595
It's not faster, it's less slow. Bigger forts lose fps slower, massive stockpiles don't matter as much, crashes are less frequent on large maps.

Pathfinding and fluids still murder your CPU, but huge quantum stockpiles aren't as much of an issue.
>>
>>153116728
The people who can't handle playing without DFHack just haven't updated. Simple as that.
>>
>>153114078
I think it was because they were too far away, you said they came running.

Do not stay out at night or the bogeymen will get you
>>
>>153114130
you've found your next meal
>>
>>153116728
I just try not to cry over my horribly optimized fort.
>>
>>153117045
>>153116908
I don't even remember what's DFHack for anymore. What do you guys use it for?
>>
>>153117108
Easy labor management and quicksaving. Also all the search and category features.
>>
>>153117221
I loved those search features, should I just use 43.03?
>>
>>153117296
If you want to play Fortress mode, I would say yes. The adventure game mode doesn't get much of a benefit from DFHack anyways.
>>
>>153117108
the only thing I ever used it for were the "clean" and "cleanowned" functions
I basically only installed it once and that was when I was trying to run a big aboveground castle and got twitchy when vomit and blood stains ended up on my marble floors
really don't miss not having it though
>>
File: OhGodWhatHaveIDoneNow4.png (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OhGodWhatHaveIDoneNow4.png
274KB, 1920x1080px
>>153117616
Well, it does, but it's less difficult to notice when it isn't around. Having reveal and gm-editor and shit is great, launch is a hilariously fun script, why I started working on it in the first place after all, and firestarter I kinda feel bad about.
>>
>>153118243
Never heard about them. I only just scratched the surface and left it at that.

>The Planter is caught in a burst of boiling gold
Does this leave them with gold spatters? Can't you melt gold pellets into skin?
>>
>>153118243
Why does your text look so nice?
>>
File: curses48text.png (30KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
curses48text.png
30KB, 512x768px
>>153118695
This, the GemSet text set.

>>153118686
I got launch included in dfhack proper, names too, though I need to fix it (thankfully lethosor said he worked out the structures for viewscreen_setupadventurest), I forget if firestarter was in there, and it mostly left them on fire since it just set their inventory (if looking at it) or an item (if viewing the description) or the tile they're on (if just looking around) when the script is ran, same method I used for launch (it flings you at the cursor, so you point it where you want to go and it lets you "jump" up onto a rooftop or whatnot) basically since it's the logical choice for adventure mode scripts.
>>
>>153117029
My two companions got torn to bloody pulp and I lost my right arm, how the heck do I get a weapon back after it gets lodged firmly? Also how do I kill a hydra with one arm?
>>
File: ProblemSolved.png (81KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ProblemSolved.png
81KB, 1920x1080px
>>153120909
Interact with it or move or dodge away, when you have your weapon and shield, strap them down, then remove both manually and they'll be in the same hand.

If you're strong enough, other methods arise.
>>
File: bullshittium nitrate.png (12KB, 1272x176px) Image search: [Google]
bullshittium nitrate.png
12KB, 1272x176px
>90% of forgotten beasts and titans are utterly pathetic and can be killed 1v1 by a crippled civilian
>the remaining 10% would effortlessly win a fight against the entire world all at once
>>
New Thread

>>153121992
>>
File: region15-00100-01-01-world_map.jpg (2MB, 774x1161px) Image search: [Google]
region15-00100-01-01-world_map.jpg
2MB, 774x1161px
>>153122046
>only 300 replies
shit nigga, what are you doing?
>>
>>153117108
curing adventurers of asexuality
finding obscure stuff
>>
>>153122046
Little early for that, don't you think?
>>
>>153122046
>>
>>153122238
>>153122304
Well, at least there is a reference now when this one gets "surprisingly" achieved, so we will not have double threads :^)
>>
>>153081574
>mastershit
>>
>>153121913
Makes sense to me desi
Forgotten because they were laughable weaklings
Forgotten because nobody survived to tell the tale
>>
>>153122706
>Mastershit invented orcs
>Nobody else in the universe is capable of creating their own mods
>>
>>153122706
It's a smoother, richer, streamlined experience - better than toadshit has ever done
>>
File: dang.png (6KB, 520x258px) Image search: [Google]
dang.png
6KB, 520x258px
>>153122046
>>
>>153122857
hopefully one day the former category will behave appropriately
>The forgotten beast has arrived! A towering blob composed of snow. It has two tails and it appears to be emaciated.
>The forgotten beast is fighting
>Is that a dwarf? I'm panicking! I'm panicking!
>The forgotten beast has left the area
>>
>>153107414
wtf I love toady now
>>
Seriously, how can you actually lose this game without trying? 3 years in, almost nothing happened
>>
>>153119158
Ah, didn't think you downloaded a different file.
>>
>>153122949
Yes, in DF, orcs are synonymous with Mastershit.
>>
>>153123440
Go on a tough embark and don't cheese it
>>
>>153123440
just settle near gobs faggot
>>
>>153123440

>create controlled environment
"Seriously, why does nothing uncontrolled happen inside my controlled environment?"
>>
>>153123613
Or tower for that zombie army fun?
>>
>>153123465
Yar, tilesetanon has lots of tilesets, particularly HD or higher resolution friendly ones like that one, which is suitable for screens up to 2560x1440.
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (23KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
23KB, 480x472px
>>153122973
>>
>>153121059
Thanks, I grabbed a ton of weapons and food that was left around and ran to try another day.
Also I noticed after the fact that it actually made the entire fortress it's lair.
>>
>>153123808
aren't zombies weak now?
>>
File: 2016_04_16_01_44_44.jpg (374KB, 1800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
2016_04_16_01_44_44.jpg
374KB, 1800x1196px
>>
>>153123440
DF doesn't hold your hand in either direction
if you want to fuck yourself up by creating an unhappy fort where dwarves kill each other and then die to goblins, it won't stop you or warn you or help you
but if you create a competent fort in a location with no threats and no challenges and no big ambitions, it won't intervene and stop you from getting bored either
fortunately, the worlds it generates and the things you can do in them are extensive and complicated enough to make it worth finding the middle ground yourself
>>
>>153123860
To... adventurers, yes. Because you can simply cut off their heads.

Many fortresses, however, will be simply destroyed by necro invasion.
>>
>>153123905
>>
>>153123941
Just give your dwarves axes and shields and they will mop the floor with zombies no trouble.
>>
>>153123905
>438 pairs of trousers? but iru, you know I can't wear pants when I'm training my squirrels
>oh well, maybe we can sell these to the dwarves.
>>
>>153124440
True. The main danger of necrotowers, though, is that they can invade FAST.
>>
>>153124440
>axes
That's terrible advice for zombies.
>>
File: Miners.jpg (527KB, 2048x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Miners.jpg
527KB, 2048x1525px
>>
>>153124914
For old zombies maybe, back when necromancers could renanimate everything.
With the new system though axes are the best way to kill zombies. A single attack to the head is a guaranteed kill on one regardless of how skilled the wielder is because zombies are too slow to dodge.
Aces also the best weapon all around for just about everything else too, including the necromancers themselves. There is no reason to ever use anything else for your military.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-27+at+11.20.44).png (4KB, 565x77px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-27+at+11.20.44).png
4KB, 565x77px
when u find the nigga typing lok'tar ogar undernear ur girls profile picture
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-27+at+11.26.49).jpg (667KB, 1876x971px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-27+at+11.26.49).jpg
667KB, 1876x971px
297 goblins and a handful of trolls killed to my 30 dwarf warriors with only 1 suffering a lash to his leg because he left his steel greaves inside of the barracks like a tard.

when will the military update come so we can invade other towns and shit this game is too easy once you get a handle for what's going on
>>
>>153125942
>when will the military update come so we can invade other towns and shit this game is too easy once you get a handle for what's going on

With your luck probably when technology will advance past computers so dwarf fortress because irrelevant!
>>
File: DF Pocket World.jpg (365KB, 876x1132px) Image search: [Google]
DF Pocket World.jpg
365KB, 876x1132px
>>153125942
dunno, I've seen people have their entire steel clad military wiped out by sieges with zero knowledge of what went wrong

but yes I can't wait for the military update
>>
>>153125150
I like this very much.
>>
>>153126130
>dunno, I've seen people have their entire steel clad military wiped out by sieges with zero knowledge of what went wrong
probably weapon types/shitty skills or something I'm not sure. but I feel you brother, the military update will be the second coming of christ.

also those humans and elves are fucked
>>
>>153125194
Necromancers can still reanimate everything. That didn't change. Small reanimated body parts and creatures still can't be destroyed in normal combat. That also didn't change. The reasons not to use edged weapons on zombies are still as valid now as they ever were.
>>
>>153126483
If its missing a head, basically any tap deanimates it.
>>
>>153126584
No, it doesn't. And even if it did it would be irrelevant to the post you're responding to.
>>
>>153126483
>Necromancers can still reanimate everything.
No they literally cannot. It needs to have an intact head or an intact grasp to be targeted for reanimation, and reanimated body parts will be killed by ANYTHING that touches them, even if the attack glances away.
You obviously have no played this game since the changes hit.
>>
File: 1.png (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
279KB, 1920x1080px
On my very first fort, got some shit going but I am running out of Plump Helmet seeds and I heard its the noob farm item, and I cannot process ANY plants.

For whatever reason it keeps saying shits rotten and need unrotten plants, but I know I should have some, I just picked a bunch outside and farmed a bunch and its all stored in barrels and in stockpiles.
>>
>>153126970
are you cooking plump helmets
they don't return seeds if you cook them

onnly brewed and raw
>>
>>153126970
Either you don't have any barrels, or your dwarves are being fucking retarded and canceling the job because the barrel/bin containing the one specific object they wanted was accessed by somebody else before they got there.
This by the way is why you should never ever use barrels or bins for anything unless absolutely necessary.
>>
File: new zombies.png (103KB, 1630x887px) Image search: [Google]
new zombies.png
103KB, 1630x887px
>>153126483
>>153126681
part one
>>
>>153127249
What should I use then in place of barrels?
>>
>>153127623
Hollowed out elf torsos
>>
File: new zombie bits.png (154KB, 2404x952px) Image search: [Google]
new zombie bits.png
154KB, 2404x952px
>>153126483
>>153126681
>>153127538
part two
>>
>>153127820
yea but for real.

Everything got fucked from these barrles, couldnt even butcher anything even though my Ox just died, still said it was rotten.
>>
>>153127623
You can use barrels for stuff that needs it, but don't put them in stockpiles unless it's for stuff like drinks or prepared food or things that rarely get accessed by anyone.
Bins should really only be used for holding metal bars, gems, clothes and other finished goods. Anything that gets processed into something else later on should never be allowed in a bin or it will grind your industry to a halt and drive you INSANE with job cancellations.
>>
>>153128056
How do I make it so they only barrel it with prepared foods/drinks and nothing else ever?

Also do Pots run into the same trouble?
>>
>>153128056
Bars and gems are exactly the kinds of things that you don't want to ever be in a bin.
>>
>>153128181
After you place a stockpile you should be able to edit the settings and set a target number of barrels and bins. I think it defaults to the max, so you have to go back and disable them yourself.
Pots are effectively the same thing as barrels. Bags can do it too sometimes I'm sure, but it's rare enough that I haven't seen it yet. It's a general bug with all containers though.
>>
>>153128181
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Stockpile#Max_bin.2Fbarrel
Pots and barrels are interchangeable for stockpiling purposes.
>>
>>153128372
Cut gems I mean. Usually you can just keep all your gems in a single bin in your finished goods stockpile, and since I always make sure I have only one jeweler that means no conflict of containers goes on.

Bars only go in bins because otherwise you'd need to strip mine an entire Z level to store all the damn things.
My smiths usually just grab them directly from the smelter anyway.
>>
>>153128372
Cloth and thread is the worst shit ever to bin as well.
>>
>fucking around in world gen
>accidentally a war with elves
fuck yes, time to make a beachside elf "resort"

Also for a challenge I'm gonna limit my military to only "heroes". That is, one military commander starting out, adding any civs who perform great acts of martial prowess (shit like accidentally punching out FBs or fighting off a herd of troglodytes etc) and any adventurer I may or may not decide to park in the fort in the future.
>>
>>153128609
Cut gems don't go into a finished goods stockpile, and aren't the last step in the production chain. Same with bars. If you put either in bins, it creates the job cancellations that you're trying to advise anon on how to avoid.
>>
>>153128948
I usually add gems to my finished goods stockpile is what I meant. If you make sure your gem cutter and gem setter are the same dwarf, then no one else will ever access that bin.
>>
>>153128503
>>153128410
Okay so what exactly should I only use pots/Barrels for to avoid this?

Also, what about storing seeds and plants? Do they stack instead of just taking up 1 spot per 1?

Also, as long as something is stockpiled it wont rot right except from other sources like Vermin?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 336x418px
>>153106295
>are you autism
>>
>>153129213
Bottlenecking your industries by having the same dwarf working multiple steps in the production chain effectively avoids nearly all instances of the bug.
>>
>>153129361
Barrels and pots are only used for food stockpiles, and it's usually fine to just leave them at max. You'll only start getting cancellations from it when your stocks are very low and you're harvesting at the same time. If that's happening often, then you should increase your food production, the bug isn't your biggest problem. If you want to avoid the bug in those cases as well, you can have your main food stockpile give to a smaller stockpile that doesn't accept barrels.
For seeds, they go into bags, which in turn are placed into barrels. Many players like to have a seeds only stockpile that doesn't accept barrels, though it's not strictly necessary anymore. Job cancellations from tasked seeds are a lot less common since 2014's job priorities update. It's worth trying if your farmers are cancelling their planting jobs often.
>>
>>153129590
Jeweling is so incredibly slow anyways because all supply is extremely limited unless you're cutting and encrusting with glass chunks or something.
Plus most migrants who have a decent skill in one also have a decent skill in the other. Your most skilled gem cutter is most likely your most skilled gem setter too.
>>
>>153130636
If you go into the industry in earnest your supplies won't be that limited. And though it does happen sometimes that your most skilled cutter is your most skilled setter, it's not every time, or even the majority of the time for most players. That's all up to rng. As often as not your most skilled cutter or setter will be whichever novice migrant got a mood for either first, making it a natural move to specialize your workers.
>>
>>153131345
>As often as not your most skilled cutter or setter will be whichever novice migrant got a mood for either first
Oh right, I forgot that strange moods other than possession exist.
If only my game would remember that. I don't think I've gotten a fey mood since .34
>>
Why isn't there a complex diet and farming system yet? I can't believe my dwarves only survive on plump helmets.
>>
>>153126147
Thanks!
>>
>>153131676
iktf
It's a sad day when your adequate weaponsmith pops up with pink exclamation point.
>>
>>153132503
They get sad after having to eat the same too often. I got them pretty much everything you can farm indoors and fish and am stealing the meat from the caravans
>>
>>153106990
whats the quick save keybind and why dont u use dwarf therapist for labor assigning?
>>
>>153132503
there is, you're just a plumptard
>>
Is there a DFHack plugin that lets you drag rectangles of viewable designations? Wanting to dig but it would be nice if I can just click and drag away a rectangle.

>>153133478
no fag, it only affects happiness
>>
File: 1409535260594.jpg (6KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
1409535260594.jpg
6KB, 206x210px
>>153133478
>no fag, it only affects happiness
as opposed to what? what color they shit?
>>
>>153133627
Alt+M?
>>
>>153133882
I was hoping I could drag it instead of clicking each corner and see it live with the designation changing whilst dragging.
>>
>>153134031
Oh. Yeah I don't think that's possible. Engine limitations and all.
>>
this game is so easy when is the military update coming out or an update that improves fps to make this game worth playing?
>>
>>153134276
not soon enough brother, not soon enough
>>
>>153132503
what are you even talking about? there are tons of diverse food options

and how do u suggest farming should get more complex? its a pretty basic mechanic. put seed in ground wait for it to sprout, pick plant, repeat
>>
>>153135012
I expect their health go down due to lack of different foods.
>>
How do I make Dorf Fort fun again?
>>
>>153135232
Stop playing for a few years.
>>
>>153135084
why? natives ate corn and buffalo for hundreds of years and never went sick
>>
>>153135489
wrong, need military update or its just gonna be an fps boring lag fest
>>
>>153136028
What's wrong with military? Why is an update needed?
>>
>>153135084
>I expect their health go down due to lack of different foods.

Is this dwarf fortress or nutritionist fortress?
>>
>>153136106
I just wanted some features from Banished.
>>
>>153136052
marksdwarfs are retarded, melee dwarfs have down syndrome, and I want to be able to attack with my army and not just sit in my base
>>
>>153135954
I can't tell if this is a troll or not.

>>153136052
Or this.

>>153136106
Or this.

My detector is officially broken. Sleepy time.
>>
>>153136253
>melee dwarfs have down syndrome
>down
heh, short
>>
>>153136348
you act as if you're any good at this game, why would not having a diverse diet have any adverse health effects? throughout human history people have eaten the same 3 things and nothing happens. also its a game
>>
>>153136505
>throughout human history people have eaten the same 3 things

[citation needed]
>>
>>153137628
what did people in native america eat? buffalo, corn and horse in the mid west.

salmon and wheat on the west coast? like u think they had hamburgers and donuts lmao?
i mean hell even soldiers today eat the same 3 things on deployment like r u daft?
>>
Can you maintain hauling on miners but have mining be higher priority?
>>
Update to let my waifu adventurer get fucked and start a family when?
>>
>>153137779
>people in native america
Well I like to eat pussy, snickers squares, and dry rub ribs myself, so it checks out.
>>
>>153138246
>eat pussy
nice try virgin

>>153138146
no this games shit
>>
File: welcome to mastercrafts.jpg (32KB, 612x171px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to mastercrafts.jpg
32KB, 612x171px
>>
>>153138146
That should be the case by default unless your mining designations have a priority lower than 4.
Skilled labor will always take priority over hauling, lever pulling and other misc labors.
They won't cancel a hauling job to go mine though. You have to wait for them to finish it first.
>>
>>153138641
What am I looking for?
>>
>>153138641
is this the mod that has the cavern species that invade like the ants? how do I only put that in my game and not the other gay masterwork shit like mines and gun turrets?
>>
>>153139067
all my friends

>>153139140
no it's pretty much stock except I added orcs
>>
>>153139167
how do I make it stock but only add invasion races? I tried disabled everything but traders kept showing up with land mines and shit
>>
>>153139236
how the shit would I know

masterbloat adds a ton of useless garbage into the raws so you'd probably have to grab the raws for what you want then edit them heavily

or just get the mods that mastershit is based off, meph doesn't add any original content anyway
>>
>>153139425
i just want cavern races to invade me stop bully pls
>>
>>153138705
I wonder if you can raise the job in priority through the job list through a plugin, or have something similar to Banished where you can designate an area of top most priority do now jobs.
>>
>>153139497
this games too easy as it is who cares how many races invade you just fps clutter
>>
>>153139649
Set challenges and handicaps upon yourself?
>>
Hey guys, weapon mod (elf clubs) guy here again finally.

I'm currently in the process of testing out the feasibility of making gambesons without relying on any special materials or so, and surprisingly it seems to be entirely possible to create something that is both really well balanced in terms of protection, while being made entirely out of cloth. Just making the garment thick as fuck actually works really well although I don't know if it'll put the cost of them through the fucking roof.

I'm trying to figure out what a good balance is. Currently, a sword made from spring steel (slightly less cutting capacity than vanilla steel) can get through a linen gambeson with relative ease, although the ensuing wounds seem to be less severe than against an unarmored target.
A slash from an iron sword on the other hand will get outright deflected, thrusts will get through with limited effect.
Now, historically speaking, this is actually rather close to what we think gambesons did, but is it actually a good idea in gameplay terms? Having armor that renders you almost entirely immune to low-tier metals made of nothing but cloth could really upset the game's balance.

Fundamentally, there are 3 reasons why I want cloth armor in my mod:

1. Give the elves another edge. It would help them be less of a joke enemy by giving them something resembling good protection to go with the improved weapons I gave them.
2. Realism, because cloth armor is kinda missing right now.
3. Roleplay-ish reasons, in that you could make a militia-style military where proper metal armor is rare without damning all your dwarves to die in combat.

In other news, I am toying with the idea of making humans playable just because I can. What do you folks think about that?
>>
>>153139896
Playable human mod already exists
>>
>>153140203
Yeah, but the raw files that get modified by that are the same ones as in my mod, so they're incompatible.
>>
>>153140385
the elves advantage is their ranged weaponry and numbers. their equipment is supposed to be trash. think of them as persian soldiers fighting greek soldiers(humans in regular armor) to roman soldiers (dwarves in plate armor)
>>
https://youtu.be/Tf8BzbACjVg
>>
What do I need in order to make a tavern and a temple respectively? I want to set up shrines and bars in my settlement.
>>
>>153104019
Yeah, it's part of a bigger problem
the game is truly bland, without meaningful interactions or drama, but it'll eventually gets fixed with several psychological updates
>>
File: 1451505688939.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1451505688939.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>153140560
>ascii
and into the trash it goes
>>
>>153140757
word bro
>>
>>153140634
Simply zone a meeting area and the assign it a temple or a bar, that's all.
>>
>>153140757
Bitch I've been playing since 40d11 tilesets look weird to me.

>>153140831
Any specific items I might need? Or do I use my imagination?
>>
>>153140897

For taverns; chests, tables, chairs

For libraries; chests, tables, chairs, bookcases
>>
>>153140945
Thanks anon. I appreciate it.
>>
>>153140897
ive been playing since 2007 when the only thing u could do was farm, build shit and trade. dont make these god damned excuses
>>
>>153140560
and i thought dwarf fortress was itself autistic why are there commas and shit?
>>
>>153140945
what bout for prayer shit?
>>
>>153133751
Not him, but have you ever experienced how it is if you do not have any Vitamin C for too long?

What he means is dwarves having to follow a special diet so they will not get sick. I personally think that this is not possible with the current mechanics though. Gotta love it when the cook just picks ingredients randomly and your dwarves die in the end because of shitty rng
>>
File: Sounds hot.png (5KB, 602x90px) Image search: [Google]
Sounds hot.png
5KB, 602x90px
>just cruising the local town's library
>reading all them motherfucking books
>mfw found the porn novel
>mfw that fucking author
It's just too perfect
>>
>>153141370
http://www.ducksters.com/history/native_american_agriculture_food.php

none of these foods have vitamin c in them. oranges were invented in china as with limes and lemons
>>
>>153141301

They don't need anything for that specifically, chests will allow instruments, good place to stick masterwork statues since they love hanging out in temples.
>>
>>153141370
>experienced how it is if you do not have any Vitamin C for too long?

its a human myth many cultures never ate vitamin C

>>153141508
instruments are weird now u need like 4 pieces to make one and is it furniture or just random pieces???
>>
>>153141539
>its a (((human))) myth
Gotta eat the whole food pyramid and be a good goy. Don't forget to buy our kosher all natural foods for the most healthy diet.
>>
>>153141485
>>153141539
Do you shitters know what scurvy is?

Do you guys know that native americans treated the first european adventurers (after Kolumbus) with spruce syrup as they knew the secret of scurvy before europe?

I am born in a family of sailors, it was common in the late age of sail to take Sauerkraut (germans, hence the nickname Kraut), lemons or apple wine on board on long journeys
>>
>>153141748
i know what scurvvy is you plump h elmet eating retard
>>
>>153141896
No you don't, you cannot even write it.
Continue eating your hot pockets and pizza all day
>>
>>153141748
>spruce syrup as they knew the secret of scurvy before europe?
>implying they didn't think it was just the earth mother's blood bringing the soul closer to nature after it wandered too far or some shit
>>
>>153141984
thanks for proving my point that i dont need vitamin c to live retard

post ur military u fucking pleb, ur lucky this games not multiplayer or I would shit on ur fortress daily
>>
>>153132503
>Why isn't there a complex diet and farming system yet?
>farming
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76007.0
>diet
I dunno, but it's intended
>>
>>153142061
>>153132503
m-muh generated difficulty
>>
>>153141991
Probably. But that is how all herbalism worked back then

>"Oh, I gave this to him and now he is fine"
>"It must be the cure"
>The next 50 years people get fed literally water to cure common colds

Oh wait, that is still done today

>>153142034
10 dwarves, also tomatoes have vitamin C. But this stuff is still not good for your health as it is way too imbalanced. Proof: Probably you
>>
>>153141539

They're randomly generated at world gen requiring between 1-4 pieces, they can be built or picked up and played, not sure which is optimal, only seen my dickheads pick up and play instruments once in this 16 year fortress. I believe visitors will pick them up more.
>>
>>153141991
who cares what they called it as long as it worked?
>>
>>153142208
>Proof: Probably you
I'm an army ranger, my health is fine thank you :)
>>
>>153136106
I swear to god every fucking time someone posts an interesting and meaningful suggestion, specially on the forums, some faggot always try to bash them because
>It's Dwarf Fortress, not x Fortress

Fucking hell, when are they gonna understand that DF aims to be a much more complete game than almost any one that has been created, why don't they go shitpost to the rimworld general if they want less content?
>>
>>153141991
Are you dumb or something
>>
>>153142420
the reason ppl say that is because we want more focus on the military aspect of the game not gay vampires/werewolves let alone diet diversity or how dwarves shit
>>
>>153142484
It's called Dwarf Fortress not Military Fortress
>>
>>153142484
we can have both
>>
File: 1393663719186.jpg (67KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1393663719186.jpg
67KB, 649x638px
>>153142581
its called military fortress not "hurr how many plants can my dwarves eat hehehe im a fucking rabbit"

trap abusing scum
>>
File: 1470701013764.jpg (100KB, 912x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1470701013764.jpg
100KB, 912x1032px
>>153142419
>army
>ranger
>probably even USA
BWAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>153142754
>hehehe im a fucking rabbit"

i died rofl. i do enjoy the military aspect a lot but that doesnt mean we cant have both desu
>>
>>153142802
ur some kind of retard kid
>>
>>153140538
funnily enough, both the greeks and persians used cloth armor.
>>
>>153143113
Greeks had bronze breastplates

romans had iron everything except pants and persians were dirty arabs who used cloth cuz theyre dirty arabs
>>
File: nigga.jpg (22KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
22KB, 600x450px
You are all a bunch of idiots
Some fags fucking saying that people only ate like 3 things and we are fine
Other ones against the farming suggestion on the forums, the one that's fucking perfect
Just go play call of duty/age of empires if you are that obsessed with armies
DF is more than that
>>
File: 160731106572.jpg (40KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
160731106572.jpg
40KB, 300x400px
>>153139896
Alright, the gambesons work pretty good now.
They provide a pretty good chance of deflecting a slash. For example a bronze falchion will usually glance right off a linen gambeson, but there are still instances where they manage to cut deep into the torso and hit vital organs so they don't have the same guarantee as metal armor. The better the metal is, the lower the chance of deflection. Thrusts get through pretty easily and blunt strikes get softened quite a bit.
>>153143274
Bronze breastplates were expensive as fuck, the linothorax was far more common.
>>
>>153143113
>>153143274
Never forget the leather. Hardened leather is actually damn effective
>>
File: 1453292555049.jpg (112KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453292555049.jpg
112KB, 624x480px
>>153143635
Calm your autism lad
>>
>>153143635
But what if every dwarf had like a table with which needs are covered and what he still needs?
>Urist needs calcium. Drink more milk to become a strong Dwarf

Idk, maybe this is overkill?

>>153143780
Shut up, Bob the ranger
>>
File: 1456870792639.jpg (63KB, 529x599px) Image search: [Google]
1456870792639.jpg
63KB, 529x599px
>>153143851
>implying I'm the only one who called you out on your autism

Just got here and saw you sperging all over the shop again.
>>
>Tfw when you want to recruit members of your own species to help you on adventures but you can't stand the idea of letting them die as DF has impressed upon you the concept that no NPC is really expendable, and every death is another loss to your race that will take years to recover from, if at all.
>>
I peronally don't get how Toady can work only on artifacts and magic now when most basic stuff is still not covered, like air flow, anatomy, etc
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (210KB, 508x565px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
210KB, 508x565px
>>153143923
Holy shit
>>
>>153138368
Oh no, you've found me out.
>>
>>153144125
?
>>
>>153143656
Funnily enough, adding leather armor over a gambeson seems to have a pretty impressive effect.

Anyway, here are the specific garments I think I'll use in the mod:

Gambeson: Covers the torso, thighs, and arms, under layer
Vest: Covers torso only, representing linothorax similar armors, top layer
Pteryges: Covers thighs, top layer. Alternatively I'll just incorporate thigh protection into the vest.
Arming Cap (or padded coif?): Head armor (duh)
Also while I'm at it I'll make a mail coif too. They'll provide head and throat protection.
>>
>Implying that shit is actually important
Toady wants to create a story before delving deeper into physics.
>>
>>153143851
Although you have a point, given the pragmatic nature of DF, It wouldn't show like that
I think that simply the synptoms would show on the health screen, and you would simply need them to provide with new foods, and the problem would fix eventually
>>
>>153144024
the game struggles enough with liquids as it is
>>
>>153144190
>>153144024
I forgot to mark you
>>
>>153144190
>>153144259
Literally how. Do you mean hardcoded stories or stuff like mythology developing over time? This would need like 10 years of work to work even moderately and not feel like some forced-on bs.
>>
>>153143640
greeks are trash tho thats why romans shit on them
>>
This game will be either the best game ever made or the most glorious trainwreck to have ever been created, you all now that, right /dfg/?
>>
>>153144520
The only reason they had a chance was because Athene and Sparta couldn't not try to kill each other constantly.
>>
>>153144589
Yeah. It probably will be the latter though
>>
>>153144408
Lad, he has already got myths working. Watch some panels where he shows it off.
>>
>>153144185
By the way, I'm taking suggestions for weapons and armor. The important requirement is that any new items need to be sufficiently distinct from others in terms of performance to justify their place in my mod. For example, the khopesh doesn't qualify because it's already effectively represented by a bronze scimitar.

>>153144520
>>153144628
you guys know jack-shit about history stop shitting up the thread
>>
>>153144628
>2 cities vs the entire italian peninsula
nice try greecophile
>>
>>153144742
>you guys know jack-shit about history stop shitting up the thread
compared to you? ur shit cuzzo fuck off kid trash can plump helmet eating elf loving retard, screencap ur military here i bet u ill shit on ur face
>>
>>153144805
Romans were the weakest cucks out there. Greece would've fucked them, if they hadn't fucked themselves.
>>
File: 1346974658070.gif (647KB, 188x253px) Image search: [Google]
1346974658070.gif
647KB, 188x253px
>>153144992
>romans
>Weakest
>greeks
>fucking anything but goats
>>
>>153144742
>you guys know jack-shit about history stop shitting up the thread
What are you? My fucking history teacher?
>>
>>153144945
we get it broseidon ur the best df player in these threads. no need to shove it down everybodies throat
>>
>>153145047
Funny how the greeks managed to hold off millions of filthy persians, but apparently a couple romans would be too much?
>>
>>153145313
greeks are sub human animals
>>
WHER ETHE FUCK IS THE MILITARY UPDATE
>>
>>153144945
Dude, calm down. Even your overaggressive, irrelevant shit talking is incoherent. Go take a walk or a nap or something.
>>
>>153146018
suck my dick nerd
>>
>>153144185
OK, I decided that the pteryges are fucking pointless so I incorporated thigh defense into the vest.
I also opted for the padded coif over the arming cap because it makes more sense when used as standalone armor.
In terms of effectiveness I've struck a good balance. Definitely adding these to the next version of my mod.

Still taking ideas for new weapons and armor by the way.
>>
File: notravel.png (5KB, 642x332px) Image search: [Google]
notravel.png
5KB, 642x332px
>>153063917
>I assume you can't fast travel and move upwards right?

Indeed.
>>
>>153147280
how about adding quarterstaffs? I don't think we have effective wooden two-handed blunt weapons i the game
>>
>>153147825
>blunt
back to >>>/smokingweed/ you go
>>
>>153147825
I added a wooden two-handed weapon in the form of the giant club, though it is an elf-exclusive weapon.

Quarterstaves could be pretty neat though, as a fast weapon with very limited capabilities against armor when made out of wood. They could be made out of metal that could act as a blunt weapon for spearmen.
I could hack together two versions of the quarterstaff, one OP version designed for wood use and one designed for metal use only, though that is a bit silly.
>>
>>153148101
This is either severe ignorance or bad trolling
neither are good, kill yourself
>>
>>153148373
Also, mail gauntlets/mittens, yes or no? I'm not entirely sure if they'd really be sufficiently different to regular gauntlets, then again mail leggings and plate greaves already exist without being too different from one another as well.
>>
>>153144185
Will gambeson be wearable with breastplate? How is layering going to work for your armor anyways?
>>
>>153147280
maybe slings?
>>
>>153147280
Repeater Crossbows.
>>
File: ∞¢§∞§¢∞.png (35KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
∞¢§∞§¢∞.png
35KB, 888x666px
>>153121913
>>
>>153149080
Gambesons can be worn together with both mail shirts and breastplates. Padded vests take up the same slot as a breastplate or leather armor, coifs of both sorts can be worn with a helmet (to make that work, I had to make them be worn over instead of under the helm which is a bit stupid)

>>153149104
Tricky, but I think it could be possible. Here are the challenges:
1. How do you make them using cloth/leather? I only know how to make them out of wood or metal which is a bit silly.
2. Provided you let elves use them, how do you stop them from making shitty wooden bullets? This is actually why I opted for the Atlatl as the Elven ranged weapon of choice.
3. While making stone bullets is possible, I don't know about making them out of non-obsidian stones.

>>153149212
I don't think you can define rate of fire anywhere sadly.
>>
>>153149584
Breastplates are generally more fitted, you'd have trouble fitting a thick piece of cloth which is supposed to act as armor underneath it with a mail shirt.
>>
My adventuring party is comprised of an Elf, a Dwarf, and a Goblin. All of whom have high social skills.

The bants must be legendary.
>>
File: fwB0t.jpg (55KB, 600x290px) Image search: [Google]
fwB0t.jpg
55KB, 600x290px
>>153149504
>ninedots posted in /dfg/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
>>153149764
On the contrary, historically there pretty much always was some sort of thick garment worn under rigid breastplates, to help against blunt impacts as well as chafing.
Pic related.
>>
if an NPC demands I yield out of the blue does that mean they are bandits? Like I don't want to start chopping up guards or something.
>>
>>153149849
Top gear?
>>
Are human "our guy"?
>>
>>153150129
Top Cart
>>
>>153150187
Tonight I fist fight an angry hydra
Urist McRichard tests our new danger room
And McJames encrusts a mug with admantine
>>
>>153150081

ah I was thinking of lamellar
>>
What stuff is gonna be in the nearest update besides artefacts and adventuring parties?
>>
How do I get rid of all the stone left after digging without making a huge stockpile? Should I just turn all of them into blocks?
>>
File: boltzmanngravebig.jpg (84KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
boltzmanngravebig.jpg
84KB, 768x1024px
>>153149504
If that is really 9dots we are blessed by th egods of drawfaggotry
>>
Weapon modder here again, looking for opinion regarding the layers of head armor:
Currently, my head armor system works like so:

[ ] Helm
[ ] Padded Coif
[ ] Mail Coif

Pick 2.

So any combination works, but you can't wear all 3 at once. Would you consider this a good system?
>>
>>153151938
I assume mail coif is better than padded, but is forged rather than made from cloth?
>>
>>153151938
YOU NEED MASKS NIGGER DORFS WEAR BAD ASS METAL MASKS
>>
>>153152085
There are metal masks in vanilla DF but they are gobbo exclusive, you want me to let dorfs use them?
>>153152042
Yeah, but bear in mind that the padded coif is pretty tough in its own right, possibly superior against blunt attacks although this remains untested.
>>
>>153149913
>>153151916
who is he?
>>
File: maze.png (96KB, 1200x587px) Image search: [Google]
maze.png
96KB, 1200x587px
>>153152960
A man touched by autism and a lot of drugs. Search bay12forums for a user called ".........". Find him, go to post history to see his shit. He only posts art.
>>
File: migrants.jpg (181KB, 2473x1247px) Image search: [Google]
migrants.jpg
181KB, 2473x1247px
>>153153081
>>
>>153152249
Alrighty guys, here's a question: What if masks were made available to all races, and wearable as an armor in combination with any other piece of headgear? Picture them as a visor for your helmet, or a mask with a mail coif, or pic related.

The new mod version is getting close to being done by the way.
>>
>>153153450
It would be a nice idea.
>>
>>153153081
wow, that guy has really nice art
If that was really him, I hope he stays around
>>
>>153153814
Aaaand it's in. I had to make the mask an armor type to stop civvies from walking around in them because that would be far too ooga-booga for the dorfs. Also elves can wear wooden ones, making them even more primitive.
Now's the time to bring in weapon suggestions. Quarterstaff: yes or no?

Also should gobbos get access to textile armor?
>>
>>153154886
Like a long blunt wooden thing? I don't think it'll be of much use but I guess elves could use that.
>>
>>153156736
I'm toying around with a test quarterstaff and so far it's extremely shoddy even when you pit two nudists against each other, so I think I'll leave them out.
>>
>>153156915
is it better or worse than a training weapon? even if it's 90% shit it's kind of neat to have a weapon that's actually meant to be made of wood (can't tell from the reply chain if you're the modder who was putting in wooden clubs, if so, this is probably covered well enough already)
>>
Jesus christ I just played a master axeman for the first time. Beforehand I always went ranged. The difference in fighting ability is painful to watch as I've always been a fan of ranged weapons. Will Toady ever make them viable?
>>
>>153157053
yeah, something like that should be on the base game, making two wood to do it and it would be balanced
>>153157150
Yes.
When? maybe not in your lifetime
>>
>>153157053
Yeah I'm the club guy.
I've made two versions, the regular quarterstaff which is a wooden training weapon and a "weighted" version which is made of metal.
What I wanted to go for is an unusually fast blunt weapon, but what I got was an unusually mediocre one.
>>
File: ¢∞¢∞¢.png (51KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
¢∞¢∞¢.png
51KB, 888x666px
>>153152085
>>
>>153157150
they could use some tweaking for sure, but honestly I think they're about right
won't ever do as much damage as an axe or hammer to the face, but still extremely useful in a niche role
a mass of 10 or so marksdwarves all firing together will disable things from distance, which (aside from traps/caveins/dickery) is by far the safest and cleanest way to take out FBs with deadly dust or what have you

I think the adjustment that needs to be made is to have melee combat be more lethal and unpredictable. if a legendary warrior could be reliably be killed by 3 or 4 novice warriors if they surround him (instead of them just being mowed down as he would do now), having skilled ranged fighters and trying to control the battlefield would become a lot more valuable, I think
I realise I'm mostly talking about fort mode here, but I think the same thing is largely true in adv mode. with a few ranks in all the combat skills and passable armour, you can barge into combat and comfortably avoid wounds. if every battle was a real risk, regardless of skill level, having someone who would weaken enemies first with a bolt or two to the legs would be really valuable
>>
>>153157371
So with the failure of the quarterstaff, does anyone have any other ideas for a neat elven melee weapon?
I thought I could reintroduce a type of spear to them, but I don't know what I'd call it. Harpoon, perhaps?
Like the clubs, it would require modified stats to function properly.
>>
>>153158178
whips made of cloth or wood (bark) or something? they'd have to be incredibly shit, but it would add some variety
>>
>>153158369
I tested wooden whips, if you don't mod them they are in fact very shitty. Too shitty to pose any sort of threat.

Do you guys think that elves would fire-harden their weapons? I could call them fire-hardened spears.
>>
>>153158626
Fuck it, I'll just add the ambiguous prefix "hardened". Fucking elf nature magic, man.
>>
>>153147354
Harsh bro.

>>153153184
I used this as a desktop across both of my monitors before.

>>153154721
You can tell his posts because the filenames are like three random ascii characters, three different ones, and three of the first ones again or something similar like this one: >>153149504
>>
>>153159152
seems good enough to me
if they can persuade wood to grow into a form like a piece of furniture or armour, surely they could also persuade it to grow more densely when it's forming a simple shape
>>
>>153159283
Do you think it would be possible to make living weapons? Like, living beings with a tissue system and the ability to speak and whatnot, but they are a sword made of bone and gristle and can be used as such?
>>
>>153157586
Badass.
>>
File: region2-00159-01-01-world_map.png (423KB, 1935x1935px) Image search: [Google]
region2-00159-01-01-world_map.png
423KB, 1935x1935px
>>153021613
This is what happen when you average all advanced parameters values, rounding to nearest integer and up if .5
http://pastebin.com/pV6pn761

Picture is one world example
>>
How do I make my dwarves acknowledge that a cavern pool is viable source of clean water?
>>
>>153161156
I think they'll drink from it eventually, if they're so thirsty they're about to die, but it isn't clean
try putting it through a screw pump
>>
>>153161156
i>w
water zones exist, you know?
>>
>>153161156
Activity zone.
>>
>>153161261
I mostly need it for my hospital, I check on the wiki and it seems like that pool is muddy.
On the next caver layer I have a 2 Z-levels deep, much bigger pool
Will that have clean water?
>>
>>153161796
no, it's all muddy, I think
a screw pump really might be you best bet. that way you can do something like set up a lever-operated retracting bridge where it draws water from and put the pump/new reservoir in a room otherwise unattached to the cavern, so you can draw and clean water out but still safely seal the cavern if something nasty appears in there
>>
File: HaHaFuckYouPinterest.png (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HaHaFuckYouPinterest.png
379KB, 1920x1080px
Bahahaha, finally, fuck you google for removing the ability to eliminate search results entirely, the addons are all laggy or weird to use, but a userscript that lets me completely eliminate pinterest hits from my life? Fuck yeah, look at all the shit that site and it's garbage users do.

>>153159696
Right now, no, after the artifact framework and myth release, yes.
>>
>>153161796
If it's 2z deep then it's clean as long as the walls the top z of water is touching don't have any contaminants on them.
>>
>>153127249
>>153128056
>>153129361
>>153130139
Okay about to start again today but if I get this shitty bug WHAT THE FUCK do I do to fix it?

How can I find the item they fuck up with?

They refuse to use my butchery and plant processing and it wont stop saying shit is ROTTEN when I know plenty isnt.

And again, never use pots/barrels to store anything EXCEPT prepared food/drinks?
>>
>>153162805
pinterest is pretty shit
>>
>>153164403
That's how you can tell your site is shit: a blank grey rectangle is an improvement.
>>
>>153163809
the unfortunate but true answer involves reading the wiki pages on food and all the workshops you're using a few times over

>They refuse to use my butchery and plant processing and it wont stop saying shit is ROTTEN when I know plenty isnt.
yeah, that's the standard message, it's not saying it's "rotten," just that "your dwarves can't find any food that exists and isn't rotten," ie. they can't find any appropriate food
check your stockpiles. if you have them linked to any workshops, try deleting the links. make sure they you haven't accidentally reduced the allowed barrels number to 0.
>>
>>153164486
Incidentally: google hit hider over on greasyfork.org is what I usued.
>>
>>153163809
The last post you responded to covers the barrels/pots question pretty well.
As for your butcher, the shop will only find remains within a limited radius. You can place a refuse pile near it to help get corpses and body parts close enough. Some things are too small to butcher, and tame/trained animals can't be butchered after death. That should give you enough info to figure out where you're messing up there.
>>
>>153164543
but I have a freshly dead Ox that died of Starvation right in my refuse pile and they wont use it in the butchery RIGHT next to it.

Also what do you mean read the wiki for the shops? I mean I get what they do but if its 1 item from 1 barrel and I have a decent amount of used barrels, how could I ever find it? Especially if this bug seems to happen if someone else used it at the same time?
>>
>>153164746
Yeah I think I almost got it with food but what about plants/meat that isnt prepared yet?

Does that go into barrels as well near by my kitchen/still? Or should I keep all of the ingredients out of barrels/pots?
>>
Is there a mod that lets me build inside towns? I should be allowed to I think if I'm a popular citizen.
>>
>>153164827
I'm not sure starved animals are butcherable. regardless, make sure you have someone with the butchery labour, and that you [o]-->[r]-->[o] so that dead things outside will be collected in the future

what is the exact job you're trying to do that it won't let you, and what workshop are you trying to do it from?
>>
>>153164939
You might want a separate plant stockpile with no barrels if your production is very low, but it usually isn't necessary. If all of your plants fit in one barrel then you'll probably get some brewing cancellations while harvests are going on, but that's more an indication that you need more plants, not fewer containers.

>>153164827
You won't be able to butcher that ox. Tame/trained animals have to be slaughtered, your butcher won't touch them if they die another way.
>>
Is there a character trait that makes individual dwarves more likely to climb trees or something?

Two times before I had this one dwarf climb a tree, and I had to chop it down to save him. And now the asshole is up in a tree for a third time.
>>
>>153165136
Is there a mod that lets adventurers with legendary swimming and/or the [AMPHIBIOUS] tag fast travel over water?
Or lets fliers fast travel over water and mountains?
Or lets anyone fast travel through those fucking obnoxious trenches around goblin sites?
Or a mod that lets you retire to adventurer made sites?
Or that makes the claim site function work properly and lets you leave a group if you want to?
Or that lets you say "Just kidding fuck you" when you try to tell a bandit leader about all their companions you've killed and instead accidentally ask them to serve as their hearthperson and they say yes?
>>
>>153166172
Low willpower probably, since that increases their chances of running from combat and climbing trees to hide.
Either that, or his willpower is too high and he's climbing the trees to try and punch the birds.
Dwarves are fucking retarded.
>>
File: beam in thy eye.jpg (12KB, 616x102px) Image search: [Google]
beam in thy eye.jpg
12KB, 616x102px
>>153166172
Yeah, it's all fun and games climbing trees until someone loses an eye, isn't it?
>>
>>153166289
>Either that, or his willpower is too high and he's climbing the trees to try and punch the birds.
had a dwarf chase a panda up a tree and start punching it around in this fort. idiot
remarkably, his wounds were minor enough that he didn't die when I cut the tree down to get them out
>>
>>153166173
Name adventurer site, make a main hall, claim it, retire there. Fast travel is hardcoded. Sites need variable_positions and variable_site_positions in the entity I think?
>>
>>153166489
Unlucky guy, but one hell of a story to tell.
>>
>>153166834
>well yeah I saw this dark shape way off in the distance and I thought it might have been a buzzard or something so I got real scared and ran up a tree
>then I got stuck up on the tree and the dark shape turned out to be a cloud so I just kinda had to sit there for a few days and I almost died of dehydration
>then someone cut the tree down and one of the branches stabbed me in the eye while I was falling
>so uh yeah, that's how I lost my eye
>>
File: Final-destination-gifs-7.gif (493KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
Final-destination-gifs-7.gif
493KB, 450x340px
>>153167098
Except it wasn't just a branch, but a huge falling log.
>>
>titan wipes out nearly half my fortress because nobody would PULL THE GOD DAMN LEVER
>decide to burrow the remaining 50 dwarves into a tiny corner and make them starve to death as punishment for their terminal stupidity
>it takes three and a half seasons for them to starve
Do dwarves seriously only need to eat once a year?
What the fuck.
>>
>>153170359
more than that, I think, but they can live off vermin they catch for a while
>>
File: Unhappy.png (326KB, 1680x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Unhappy.png
326KB, 1680x1010px
>>153170359
Holy shit I managed to get one past the "fine" mood threshold
I've never seen this happen before
>>
>>153169582
That happened to a friend of mine here in brazil except it was with steel rebars and he didn't get hit by a miracle. They fell of a truck in fron tof his car. Really spoopy
>>
>>153170582
Oh damn, she starved before she could tantrum. Now everyone's fine again.
>>
File: goblin tactics.gif (2MB, 267x116px) Image search: [Google]
goblin tactics.gif
2MB, 267x116px
Non-regular here, haven't plated since 0.34
Getting a strong urge to build a mega-fort and kill everything that so much as looks at me funny, and actually get to the point that I can get adamantine + the fun that goes with it
Is combat management any less terrible now? It was so overwhelming and hard to understand previously so I never really learned it and frankly either never venturing into the caverns or getting reamed by monsters in said caverns got pretty boring.

I wish to become death, and actually "finish" a game
>>
>>153070820
It's really nice to have a complex game you can play over telnet from a 1980s terminal, though.
>>
>>153172332
By combat management do you mean military management? It's pretty much exactly the same as it was in 34.11. You being bad at a thing doesn't make it terrible, though.
>>
>>153172332
newbie here, I got a hang of it pretty fast, on my third or fourth fort ever
once you learn setup and equip your squads it's actually pretty easy
>>
>>153174392
>>153175693
I mostly just never learned because it looked like a massive pain in the ass, and everyone bitched about it being shitty so I figured it was shitty
Guess I'll give that an actual shot now instead of relying on human caravans to do all my fighting
>>
File: poziomy wody.jpg (84KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
poziomy wody.jpg
84KB, 608x960px
how do I make my dwarves dig a really deep well to access an underground water source?
when I tell them to channel they only do it for a few z-levels and then cancel due to dangerous terrain
>>
therapist waiting room
>>
>>153179023
what is that list even reffering too?
>>
>>153179023
try digging a staircase where you want the wellshaft, then (after it's all dug out and they can access both the top and bottom), start channeling the stairs out, one z-level at a time, starting at the top
>>
File: oczy.jpg (45KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
oczy.jpg
45KB, 312x500px
>>153180106
bottled water available in Poland
>>153180849
the problem is that I already dug out a part of my shaft, and I'd like to finish it
would mining out paths from the shaft to the main stairway every few levels work?
>>
>>153182669
might be unnecessary. dig a path to the bottom of the shaft, then make your staircase upwards from there. that's the only access point they need.

just make sure when you get to channeling the stairs away you carefully designate the work so that only one z-layer gets done at a time, and it's always the highest level of the stairs
>>
I'm walling off my cavern, but there's a large lake with shroom trees growing out of it. Will the tops/expansions of the shrooms prevent movement through it, or do I need to wall all around the perimeter of the tops? Afaik I can't remove the shroom since the base is in the water.
>>
File: yay!.jpg (73KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
yay!.jpg
73KB, 519x533px
>>153172332
>tfw I recognize the ballpark in that gif
>>
File: brain damage.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
brain damage.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>153162805
>using google
>>
Released a new version of my weapon mod in case anyone gives a shit:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12357

New shit:
- Fancy "hardened wood" spears for the elves, better than the shitty old wooden spears. Now they're even less useless in combat!
- added cloth armor in the form of gambesons, padded vests and padded coifs. They're just thick as fuck clothes, but they do their job pretty good.
- added mail coifs too
- made humans playable in fortress mode for the filthy race traitors out there. With their unique form of steel and aboveground crops, they're surprisingly different to dorfs.

Anyway, I think that my next mod (if it happens) will be the whole dinosaur thing I was talking about a while ago. Basically, savage biomes would become dinosaur biomes. All the dinosaurs would get fictionalized names instead of scientific ones. I'll need ideas here-
A hypothetical version 1 would include the following, focusing entirely on carnivores:
- "Raptors" in three sizes, one Velociraptor sized, one Deinonychus sized and one Utah/Dakotaraptor sized. They'd have feathers, run fast, have a deadly as fuck foot claw and be naturally skilled climbers to boot.
- Large Troodontid: Basically, a weaker, brainier version of a raptor that likes to steal things because it's smart or something
- T. Rex. High natural biting skill to ensure that they ain't nothing to fuck with.

A second version would have:
- Some form of Hadrosaur: Big, dumb herbivore
- Some form of large Ceratopsid: Big, dumb herbivore with massive horns
- Carnotaurus, basically: Runs REALLY fast, is covered in scales and attacks by biting and goring you with its horns.
- Ornithomimid - Basically a dino-ostrich.
- Massive Sauropod - It would attack by trampling and slapping things with its tail.

Also, ALL dinosaurs would be trainable for war.
>>
>>153186409
Looking good.

>dinosaurs
FBs already can be dinosaurs.
>>
>>153108050
this is a meme from /tg/, female characters having -4 str
>>
Are you guys ready for the day marriage becomes a thing and /dfg/ finally experiences waifuposting?
>>
>>153187816
conversations will need to be fleshed out a bit more first, but yeah, I imagine there'll be an intense week or two of that
>guys I just got married but I just noticed my lovely elf bride has tangled teeth and a missing ear, can I fix her with dfhack?
>will my kids have tangled teeth?
>>
>Two migrants show up
>Assign them jobs and rooms
>Later on get another migrant
>He spawns at the same edge as the other two
>They apparently stood where they spawned and died of dehydration

Huh. Haven't had this happen before. They had a path down, why'd they just stand around and die?
>>
>>153152249
leather is actually better than mail in some cases, be it padding, thrust-protection or weight for example. Leather could only be replaced when full plate-armor came along, as then dodging became literally unimportant. (For this were later the very thin swords developed to be able to thrust into openings, and only then dodging and armour weight started to play a role again
>>
File: 1467430488847.jpg (282KB, 1040x826px) Image search: [Google]
1467430488847.jpg
282KB, 1040x826px
>>153187816
>not adventuring with your waifu companions
>not destroying everything your enemies love when they hurt your waifu
>>
>>153186409
Pretty nice! I've been playing a fort with V2 of your mod, will have to give V3 a go once this fort goes belly up.
>>
>>153182669
>bottled water available in Poland
I didn't expect that
I chucled heartly
>>
since I designated a water zone a lot of my dwarves are drinking water instead of booze, even though there is plenty of it to go around
any idea why?
>>
File: Flirting_example_nº_13.jpg (115KB, 869x626px) Image search: [Google]
Flirting_example_nº_13.jpg
115KB, 869x626px
>>153187816
I am so fucking ready, you wouldn't believe it
Really. Not only because of the physical stuff, but because having a good communication system will improve inmersion and interest brutally.
The only bad part of the game allowing to get you to know/flirt with a real person without having to actually know new people , will be that this general will get flooded with /r9k/
>>
File: beautiful-not-broken.jpg (109KB, 960x769px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful-not-broken.jpg
109KB, 960x769px
>DF is IMPOSSIBLE to play without therapist! N-N-NO ONE plays it without therapist!
>>
>>153194975
are you sure there's booze to go around, and their path to it isn't blocked?
is the booze in a booze stockpile or could it be in militia members' waterskins/flasks, and so not available?

there was a bug in the first tavern release where dwarves would pour booze into goblets and then carry it around without drinking it, but I assume you're not using that version
>>
>>153195240
are you that autistic?
>>
>>153189028
because they saw ur fort was a plump helmet trap abusing bridge town shit hole and would rather die than be associated with it
>>
>miners are channeling
>cat is roaming around where the miners are
>cat somehow falls 1 z-level
>lands on its right paw
>paw explodes into gore
>cat is left crawling around
>such is life in a fantasy world simulator
>>
>>153195629
It's okay Anon, just show me on the doll where the Plump Helmet Man touched you.
>>
>>153195728
>that one time I had automated minecart routes criscrossing my entire one-level fort, with only traffic designations keeping dwarves away
oh god the cat deaths. I felt so bad
but I kept buying more from the caravan to keep vermin under control
>>
>>153083456
>Toady says it like the beginning of "urge", oor-ist
Those aren't the same.

>"your-ist"
I know of at least three different ways to pronounce "your", depending on where you're from.
>>
Has anyone had a problem with dorfs in your tavern getting hurt and killed seemingly from nothing?

I've seen a few that had trouble breathing; their wounds list said they were winded. Some also had negative thoughts about being injured. Now one of the ones who was having trouble breathing just turned up dead in the tavern. What gives?
>>
>>153199237
They're being poisoned by the brewer
>>
>>153196353
are minecarts even worth it ? like pros and cons for them i never bothered with them but since stone makes them move slow as fuck mb ill try it out
>>
>>153199237
Follow up:
It seems as though at least some of the problems are being caused by a goblin pikeman visiting the tavern. He keeps picking fights and beating people up. Thankfully he's only punching them.

Any way to resolve this? Can I kick this ruffian out somehow? Can I kill him with out causing a loyalty cascade?
>>
>>153199793
>pros
they can make things more efficient if you know what you're doing
engineering, drawing up plans, setting up an industry, making errors and corrections, etc are a very enjoyable part of DF
you can make other fun things with minecarts
>cons
they're tedious to set up
It's rarely ever necessary to make things more efficient
an efficient system is even more tedious to set up

I have no idea about FPS, but the difference in necessary hauling path calculations would have to be considered in a comparison.

> stone makes them [(dwarves I suppose??)] move slow as fuck
There's also wheelbarrows, you know about those, right?
>>
>>153199793
they're generally more fun than they are truly useful, unless you're doing something like running a fort composed of two parts far away from each other (eg. half your dwarves live on the surface in the northeast, the other half live near the magma sea in the southwest)
I use them for quantum stockpiling, which is admittedly cheesy

I've only ever found two really useful applications for them
if you're mass-harvesting trees on a large embark, building 2 or 3 wood dropoff points around the map with wood stockpiles linked to your main fort by a semi-automated minecart route can save a ton of time (designate tree-chopping near the dropoff, dwarves quickly haul it to the stockpile, push all of it to the fort in one go, and then get back underground)
if you're building some kind of megaproject out of stone blocks far away from your quarries/mason shops, transporting rock blocks to the site by minecart can be very efficient (if the project is huge enough to justify building the minecart route) since each cart can hold a lot of blocks
>>
File: Untitled.png (465KB, 1920x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
465KB, 1920x1014px
it's time
>>
>>153201771
>>153201002
thanks boys preciate it
>>
>>153201973
take pics of each level of ur fort, cool graphics pack is that spacefox?
>>
File: 1446099132204.jpg (36KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446099132204.jpg
36KB, 480x640px
>my vampiric grizzly bear man is slaughtering soldiers and merchants in the heart of the only human town in site

humies must pay
>>
>>153172332
I'm still noob but from what I understand military is better than previously, no need for stuff like danger rooms, normal training are easy to set up and those will eventually produce legendary solders. If you get good weapon material quickly your fort should be easy to defend. Even easier since experienced solders (from all races) will try to be mercenary for you if you made tavern.
>>
File: MinecartDrivebySm.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
MinecartDrivebySm.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>153184921
Nah nigga, I used [some search terms] !gi to hit google images, or !wk for wikipedia, !yt for youtube, etc.

Duckduckgo does almost everything better than google, but google images beats the ddg images still.

>>153196926
I was tired and didn't feel like finding the phonetic symbols, but you can say "up", you can say "use", you can say "urgent", and you can test out those "u" sounds for "urist", I think the one from "use" sounds better than the one from the "urgent".

I could have also gone for "yew-rist", but I usually say the r in the first syllable, and I guess I do have distinct pronunciations for "your" and "you're", plus slight changes in emphasis to make "their", "they're", and "there" more distinct.

>>153202651
That's Phoebus man, Spacefox has the cute little cartoony dorfs.

>>153199793
There are certain things they are amazing for, logic circuits of course, plus automated grinder traps, and hauling of supplies without worrying about it.

Oh, there's also this stuff.
>>
>>153162805
give script
>>
Can anyone confirm if lowering the PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE actually works with decreasing the population requirement to get sieged by the civilization?
>>
how do you train your focus skill?
>>
File: steppe waifu.jpg (217KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
steppe waifu.jpg
217KB, 344x500px
>tfw no pure steppe waifu
>>
>>153204884
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1682-google-hit-hider-by-domain-search-filter-block-sites
>>
>>153205652
thanks
>>
>>153205402
doing the same thing over long time periods
Debating without surrendering to the other's arguments
Jumping several times from a 7 floor tree
Stab elves in the lungs day after day
etc.
>>
File: rain.jpg (125KB, 842x731px) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
125KB, 842x731px
>>153201973
time for 'nonstandard' fort designs?
>>
>>153205690
I was very confused because I was looking over at the other screen real quick and thought this post was actually this reply:
>>153205673
To which, you're welcome, I can also vouch for youtube annotations off doing what it says on the tin properly, even with embeds, resize yt to window size and youtube auto resolution selection being awesome, and if you use facebook for anything, facebook purity gives back a lot of control over functionality that has been lost or deliberately removed, plus tons of options to eliminate whatever bugs you on there. Can also just stop going entirely, much less annoying that way.
>>
>>153206026
post ur army
>>
>>153206546
not him but I have 150 legendary hammerdwarfs then 10 legendary for every other dwarven weapon type, 9 legendary whips to guard my king who leads his squad hes a legendary whipper too

and i think around 50 marksdwarfs half legendary half random cuz they dont train properly.

and an artillery battery of 10 catapults and associated civilians set to burrows near them for invasions (they get like 2 kills a siege but its a cool set up so I keep em)

all steel everything except 1/4th of the warhammers are silver but they all claimed weapons so the other 3/4th will be steel forever
>>
File: aleveliguess.jpg (87KB, 840x733px) Image search: [Google]
aleveliguess.jpg
87KB, 840x733px
>>153206546
>>
>>153206989
>Swords
>unengraved
why anon
>>
>>153206989
do u use traps or bridge abuse? how do u not get raped by sieges unless u used those things until u got legendary
>>
>>153207072
>Swords
I'm playing with that one anon's weapons mod, and all the new stuff dworf-side is various swords.
>unengraved
I'll engrave it, anon. Just for you.
>>153207192
lucky enough not to get sieges so far. But these aren't shortswords they're using. See >>153186409
>>
>>153207805
>I'll engrave it, anon. Just for you.
thanks senpai, show us ur z menu
>>
senpai turns into senpai?
>>
>>153208123
welcome to halloween 2015
>>
File: chameleontowel.jpg (119KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
chameleontowel.jpg
119KB, 540x720px
hey.

i have a lot of dwarves, who has more? anyone know a fort with a really big population, exceeding the default cap?
>>
>>153208150
fug lmao
>>153208403
I've had upwards of 540 ish with 50 visitors
rn I have like 250 i think
>>
>>153208447
>I've had upwards of 540 ish with 50 visitors
>rn I have like 250 i think
is this you?
>>153206957
>>
File: BxrBRb9CEAAr5Q5.jpg (56KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
BxrBRb9CEAAr5Q5.jpg
56KB, 600x789px
>>153208637

yeeee
>>
>>153208403

>>153208447
that's really cool, you're the first one else i've found with this many! i have 521 now, i want to house all the dwarves of my civilization eventually, so they won't fall to goblins as the world ages.

>>153208637
that guy just has a large military, maybe he isn't expanding.
>>
>>153209336
>61 miners
jesus what do u even have left
I have 7 miners on my fort with 540 ish niggas.

I stopped playing because fps was literally at 3

If toady could fix that Iw ould play this game forever. and what do u mean not expanding? I wish I could use my military to conquer other cities
>>
>>153209769
i'm on a 4x4 embark, still maining out the top, takes forever, but i'm almost done now. might wanna carve it out some more though, originally planned to build a gigantic brass castle, now i'm planning to conquer hell, move down there and cast a giant block of obsidian, which i'll then carve out and engrave and stuff. the whole thing went much faster with every additional miner i conscripted, but it still takes forever... even mining out the water basin took long. but ideally ever dwarf would be a miner for the strength bonus and weapon, right?
>>
Can someone explain the glass industry to me? I have sand, I have a magma glass furnace, and I have a dwarf who steafastly refuses to make me some fucking glass because he can't find a fucking bag when all I'm making with my leather and cloth is fucking bags. I just had another dwarf go insane because he needed green glass for his strange mood and this lazy jackass wouldn't make it. What am I doing wrong?
>>
File: classic df.png (27KB, 1367x767px) Image search: [Google]
classic df.png
27KB, 1367x767px
>tent in the water
>they all drown thanks to the sleeping bug
>>
>>153210608
>i have sand
>all I'm making with my leather and cloth is fucking bags

Do you have sand-in-a-bag? If not, you need to use [i] to make a zone where there is sand available, and use [s] to assign it as a sand-gathering zone. Then you go to the glass furnace and assign a job to gather class. Now a dwarf will put sand in the bag, and only then can you make green glass.
>>
>>153141485
Organ meat and most fresh vegetables have enough Vitamin C to ward off scurvy.

Sailors used to get scurvy because they'd go months eating nothing but hardtack, and obviously there were no fresh vegetables or large mammal organs around.
>>
>>153210608
an empty bag? and you need to have a sand zone (i) designated, over sand tiles somewhere.
>>
>>153211036
>gather class
I mean, *gather sand. Fuck me and me typos.
>>
>>153211036
>>153212234
I didn't realise I needed to have sand-in-a-bag as a seperate reagent. Holy shit that's nonsensical. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>153212708
Well how do you expect your glassmaker to get sand to your furnace? In his pockets?
>>
Would a coke stockpile just be coal bars?
>>
>>153214469
Some Pepsi might sneak in too :D
>>
How will I know when I find a criminal organization? I went to the town dungeon and there's a bunch of treasure and armed men but I assumed they're just guards or something
>>
>>153218303
You can ask them what their profession is. If they mention being a lieutenant to someone like a ringleader or overlord or whatever, then chances are they're criminals.
The problem is that if you kill them and tell people about it, people will act like you just murdered innocent civilians for no reason, and then two seconds later complain about criminal activity in their town.
Shit's borked.
>>
File: 1461337220474.png (45KB, 437x416px) Image search: [Google]
1461337220474.png
45KB, 437x416px
>>153208447
>>153209336

>540 dwarves
>521 dwarves

What's your fps at with those many dwarves? I'd guess less than 1 frame per second.
>>
>>153220445
540 guy here its literally at 3. The fortress runs itself pretty much i just alt tab and do other shit with it in the background until a siege happens
>>
>>153215084
watch out for its gravitational pull. probably cause a frame drop
>>
>>153210661
>Hey Leto, did you wet the bed?
>Wtf no, of course not Olith, you're just imagining shit, go back to sleep.
>>
File: df.jpg (24KB, 596x115px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
24KB, 596x115px
>>153106062
>>
>>153225758
normies~
>>
>>153225758
>hard to enjoy
wew
>>
>>153225758
>reading steam comments
>>
cavern animals keep walking in forgotten beast blood or something and their feet are rotting
>>
>>153225758
RimWorld more like TediumLand >:)
>>
>generate outsider adventurer
>retire at bandit camp where I started
>generate dwarf adventurer
>retire at fortress where I started
>go to unretired adventurer screen
When I select the dwarf it shows a map, but when I select the outsider it doesn't show anything.
>>
File: 1446984099784.jpg (78KB, 607x609px) Image search: [Google]
1446984099784.jpg
78KB, 607x609px
>>153225758
What the fuck man.
>it would be infinitely better if he joined a decent team of programmers and art designers and created a game capable of competing with a game that wasn't even a thought when DF was made
>how dare Toady not shit out buggy as fuck code in three months and call it a finished game
I know normies are to blame for everything wrong with shit, but shit man this is too much. Why are normies so adverse to people following their dreams if it has nothing to do with the gays or minorities?
>>
>>153228697
it's the MILLENNIALS, man. The "Me Me Me!" generation
>>
>>153228697
they're NPCs
>>
File: 983.jpg (30KB, 652x315px) Image search: [Google]
983.jpg
30KB, 652x315px
>>153228776
But I am a millennial
Seriously though fuck those self important faggots
>tfw every time I hear about the new millennial trend or "movement"
>>153228798
gave me a chuckle
>>
first time playing adventure mode, how do I open the dialogue/alerts record?
>>
Anon with a dwarf adventurer trapped in the starting fortress here. I tried retiring my adventurer and then unretiring him, to see if I'd start out in a different part of the fortress. The only difference I noticed was that there were lots of soldiers stuck with me, though I didn't bother exploring the whole pocket again before I tried to retire again, at which point DF crashed. So I guess there's some kind of bug going on there.

>>153229982
a
>>
File: file.png (191KB, 1127x552px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
191KB, 1127x552px
>>153230220
I just got started, asked one guy to join me.
Some elf immediately tried to punch the guy who joined me.
It isn't going well for her.
>>
File: DwarfFortressHammerTime.jpg (58KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFortressHammerTime.jpg
58KB, 500x397px
>>153225758
i am beyond mad

>>153228697
>Why are normies so adverse to people following their dreams
they have never had dreams themselves, and when they sleep, there is nothing there.
they're miserable creatures that have the form and mannerisms of a human but the only thing inside them is empty consumerism and endless amounts of saliva for lick-shining the boot standing on their neck, that they don't even notice is there

>>153228798
there is the fucking legitimate possibility
>>
File: file.png (168KB, 1143x505px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
168KB, 1143x505px
>>153230909
rest in pieces knife ear
>>
Does anyone else make a habit of always sneaking when not in a friendly populated area in adventure mode, just because it makes creatures easier to notice?
>>
>[emotion][emotion] You: Can you tell me where I can find me?
>[emotion][emotion] The lady Aña Kunodlasod: ág Quicknessbushel is well-traveled and would probably have that information.

kek
>>
>>153232051
There are people who don't do this?
>>
>>153232908
To be fair I don't play like that, ever. I always play like this in a not friendly populated area
https://youtu.be/GJoM7V54T-c?t=73
>>
>>
>>153228591
Did you retire or let yourself keel over dead? You need to join a civ to retire as an outsider.
>>
>>153235673
I retired. I exported a new sites and pops file after doing so and it listed the camp I retired in as having its prior population of 3 humans plus 1 human outcast.
>>
>>153236185
Hmmm, what did it say they did in legends mode?
>>
>>153230220
And now DF just crashed in fortress mode, on a fortress which worked just fine earlier this week. I'm worried.

>>153237105
It said that my adventurer settled at that camp.
>>
>>153228776
Every generation ever in the history of the human race was viewed as the Me Me Me generation by their elders.
>>
>>153205402
You can max out intuition and focus same as any other stat, by doing the BEAKLESS RAVEN HEAD DANCE.
>>
File: le indie game developer.png (8KB, 344x335px) Image search: [Google]
le indie game developer.png
8KB, 344x335px
>>153212708
>Holy shit that's nonsensical
Not really. When the sand exists on the map, it's just an exploitable natural resource, not an item. It's not until the sand is gathered that it becomes and item that you can use. It makes sense.

Also this >>153213243
>>
>>153239084
I think the internet changed most millenials the duchebags that they are
>instant gratification on demand
>no need for knowledge, it's all on the internet if you need it
>lots of social media for your vanity
>political circlejerks everywhere
>you can choose to not see the other side's arguments
>no fucks given about privacy
>making drama out of everything
>>
do you strictly need 80 pop for sieges now?
>>
>>153240017
Strictly speaking, you can be hit by a siege on day one, at 7 dorfs and 0 dorfbucks, if you are lucky/unlucky to be in the path of a military force.
>>
>>153240017
You always did. It's in the goblin raws, as [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]. You can change it to 1 if you want the gobbos to attack when you hit 20, or 2 if you want them when you hit 50.
>>
>>153240178
aha that's what has thrown me
>>
>>153239882
I don't see any evidence at all for the idea that millenials are douchebags.

The meme that they are is solely a fabrication of businesses that want to employ cheap guest workers. Before they can do so, they generally have to put forth the case that they have no access whatsoever to qualified local employees. So its entirely in their interests to fuck over Americans and trash talk on millenials.

College kids being garbage isn't remotely new or unusual, of course.
>>
is there a flowchart for adventure mode?
>>
>>153240652
get at least copper armor for all locations and at least a wooden shield

remove the teeth, hands, and feet of a human sized or thereabouts zombie and do a minimum speed dance back and forth all day
>>
>>153240721
>zombie
Personally I just remove hands/feet/teeth of some criminal/peasant/lone goblin and grapple them so they push straight into my shield. I guess you don't have the issue of your training partner increasing their fighting skill and eventually hitting past the shield with a zombie though.
I've never tried, but wouldn't it be a bitch to get the teeth out of a zombie since they wouldn't fall unconsious?
>>
File: 1471119481536.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
1471119481536.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>153009489
>New embark
>Maximum monsters, savagery, and ores
>Fad going around of making everything spherical
>Channel giant underground sphere
>Forget to prioritize
>Massive Cave-in
>Everyone writhing around at the bottom
>No ladders up, noone above

"Some migrants have arrived"
>1 Potash maker, 5 babies
>>
>>153241374
I greatly dislike that, since they pass out all the fucking time from over exertion and you can't even eat them afterwards.

>but wouldn't it be a bitch to get the teeth out of a zombie since they wouldn't fall unconsious?

I don't find it hard. Just hit them in the teeth with precise strikes using an attack that won't pulp their head.
>>
>>153241578
>pass out all the fucking time from over exertion
I find that helpful, as it lets me thwack em a bit with any training weapons I've found while giving me some time to rest and not pass out myself.

>can't even eat them afterwards.
>not stealing a big ass sack of berries and shit from the nearest hamlet to last longer than even the most min-maxing autist training session

>Just hit them in the teeth with precise strikes using an attack that won't pulp their head.
Huh, I've never had much luck trying against living awake targets and usually they have impossible accuracy. Guess I'll have to try that sometime.

As another bonus for living targets, you can level your public speaking/poetry/whatever performing skills to make time go by faster (only attempt once you're sure your adventurer will automatically block everything though). Yeah I guess you can do the same with zombies to pass the time, but I can't imagine you would still get progress for the skills if you're talking to the mindless undead.
>>
>>153220445
And I believed with my 300 citizens Forst I was going to extreme.
>>
what are the best features coming out in the new update besides NPC adventuring parties and artifacts?
>>
>>153241908
You definitely gain normal skills for performer stuff whether there is anyone around.

Do what you want, but I find zombies an order of magnitude faster for training.

> usually they have impossible accuracy.

Modern zombies are much easier.
>>
File: 281.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
281.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>153242059
>You definitely gain normal skills for performer stuff whether there is anyone around.
I've never made a performer focused adventurer before and I just didn't notice the associated skills changing the few times I've done it without an audience.

Last time I found zombies early game it was nothing but ogres and other large and nasty things, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time.
>>
File: merchantmigrants.png (29KB, 965x405px) Image search: [Google]
merchantmigrants.png
29KB, 965x405px
Has anyone else noticed dwarven merchants becoming migrants later on? It might do this only if it can't find other hist figs to use, but in the past two fortresses I've put much effort into it seems like all the merchants wind up immigrating. The units screen part of this picture was made in the fall of year 3, when the merchants were visiting, and the migrant labor skills are from spring of year 4.
>>
>>153242479
Something something jews invading your fort from within
>>
>>153241374
Zombies basically do not dodge at all. Aim some quick blunt attacks at their teeth and they'll pop right out. Make sure they're quick attacks though. You wouldn't want to cave their skull in if you hit their head on accident.
>>
>>153229115
We're all millenials here, unless some anons are over 35.
>>
>>153242059
>>153242427
I think the way performance skills work is that for every viewer you gain 1 point of experience per tick of performance. It counts yourself as a viewer, so if you do it alone you still gain exp,but you gain WAY more if you do it in a crowded area.
Also, if RNG hates you and only gives you really short dances/songs that don't require you to press . to continue the performance, then you can't gain exp.
>>
>>153242639
Wait, what? What's the birth range for millenials?
>>
>>153239882
It's not like 4chan is much better. "Citing a source" on 4chan typically just involves googling your own opinion and linking whatever shady article you find.
>>
>>153243084
Well it's not like threads last long enough that you can do actual research and provide actual sources.
Even googling your opinion and linking the first result usually takes too long.
>>
>>153242639
I really hate the term "millennials" because of how vague it is, at least in common usage. It seems that it's used to mean just about every possible grouping of people born after 1980, with completely random cutoff dates. So sometimes it means people born from 1980-2010, sometimes 1980-2005, sometimes 1995-2005, sometimes 1995-2015, sometimes 1990-2000, sometimes 1990-2010, etc etc etc.
>>
>>153243047

Almost certainly, the vast majority of people who bitch about millenials are millenials.
>>
>>153243235
I think it really just means "people who are younger than me that I don't like" and the actual age range won't be cemented until it starts to be "people who are older than me that I don't like"
>>
>>153243084
I wasn't suggesting that imageboards are some kind of holy grail, but at least the people on them aren't so afraid of critique or different opinions
you can't really filter a 4chan thread
>>
>>153243390
>people who are younger than me that I don't like
>people who are older than me that I don't like
What if they're the same age and I call them millennial faggots?
>>
>>153243440
Self-loathing isn't very health anon
>>
>>153243235
Personally, I've always considered people born 1940-1960 baby boomers, people born 1960-1980 the me generation, and people born 1980-present the mememe generation. Maybe the most symptomatic thing about our generation is how it constantly makes fun of how people in the 60's-70's still gave a fuck about politics.
>>
>>153242639
>tfw your outgroup excludes you and you're happy about it
>>
>>153243392
>holy grail
>>153233495
>https://youtu.be/GJoM7V54T-c?t=73

And I was gonna watch the film now
WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

I want a lot of things from this film to be in DF
>>
File: 1467941825451.jpg (37KB, 213x279px) Image search: [Google]
1467941825451.jpg
37KB, 213x279px
>>153243537
but they really are millennial faggots though. I see people on my campus that are walking stereotypes straight from /pol/ all the time. Sure, not everyone is a millennial faggot, but when I'm tutoring there definitely are those "fuck work, ima just coast through shit with google" millennial faggots that come in and can't even understand the basic concepts that they should have learned in the prior courses.
>>
>>153243724
>but when I'm tutoring
Which discipline? Just curious.
>>
>>153243815
Programming tutor. Pay isn't great, but every bit helps and teaching others and finding new ways to explain shit really helps ensure I understand the material as well while cementing the concepts.
>>
File: more like elflovers.png (19KB, 639x298px) Image search: [Google]
more like elflovers.png
19KB, 639x298px
Is this normal?
>>
>>153244275
Not an elflover at all, that's an indication that he's killed at least one elf.
>>
File: 1402939285881.png (86KB, 2000x1848px) Image search: [Google]
1402939285881.png
86KB, 2000x1848px
>>153244275
Absolutely.
There is nothing strange, weird, unnerving, unsettling, threatening or otherwise abnormal about that at all.
This 100% human axeman is perfectly trustworthy. In fact, he would make an excellent bodyguard to watch over your dwarves and ensure their safety while they sleep.
>>
File: Zmu3kUf.jpg (64KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
Zmu3kUf.jpg
64KB, 640x621px
>>153244275
Hist figs from some human civs make trophies from their historical kills. Nowadays, it's random whether a human civ allows it, but before 0.42, all humans did it.

It's one of the reasons that humans are among the most barbaric races in the game.

Pic related, it's what oomans are doing while dwarves are building civilisation.
>>
File: kills.png (4KB, 438x177px) Image search: [Google]
kills.png
4KB, 438x177px
>>153244387
makes sense
>>
File: theelfexposed.png (150KB, 1468x1060px) Image search: [Google]
theelfexposed.png
150KB, 1468x1060px
>>153244478
>the kill list differentiates between the monkeys and the elves
has political correctness gone too far?
>>
>>153244627
lel
>>
>>153243319
Oh, son of a bitch! I was born in 86!
I'm a millenial and I didn't even know it!
>>
Oh fug, new thread where?
>>
>>153244275
Human law giver had earnings and crown made from human and elf hair and ring made of human nail.
>>
>Create new world
>Find a nice little 4x5 embark with Very Deep Soil, tall mountain face, river at the bottom, volcano, flux stone, sand, clay, deep and shallow metals, many civs around, human town just around the corner if I want to jump into Adventure mode
>Feels good
>Carefully set up group
>Create names for group and fort
>Design symbol
>Embark
>Pretty awesome setup in a bit of valley, tons of clay all around, river not too far away, nor is Volcana
>Perfect embark, best one of my life
>Setup digging orders for depot and first few stockpiles
>Designate fishing area, pen, gathering, all that good stuff
>Okay, this looks good
>Have a great feeling about this.
>Unpause

>Urist McGeneric stopped Pick Up Equipment: Horrified

>Urist McExpeditionleader spontaniously combusted and set fire to the entire cart and the surrounding area.

I don't even know what the hell just happened. There's just a fire now.
>>
>>153245817
May have been in a scorching biome and started raining?
>>
File: srsly.png (34KB, 127x125px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.png
34KB, 127x125px
>>153245317
>le mad olfag is mad xDD
>>
>>153245915
Nah, temperate biome.
I generally favour those because I like setting up a fort, then switching to Adventurer as human and building a little home not far, between human and dwarf settlements.
Wouldn't be a very cozy home with fire raining from the sky.
>>
>>153245921
>being born in 1986 means you're old

Le back to the alps with you
>>
File: all smiles.png (98KB, 251x261px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.png
98KB, 251x261px
>>153246034
>I like setting up a fort, then switching to Adventurer as human and building a little home not far, between human and dwarf settlements
Not gonna lie, that sounds comfy as fuck. I'm gonna try it.
>>
>>153245817
Update:
>Had Initial Save on
>Decide to Load it
>Loading initial save crashes Dwarf Fortress

Luckily, I used Design New World to create it, I'll try and recreate the exact circumstances, see what the hell the cart spawned on. My only guess is that there was some lava right under it, though that seems doubtful, Volcano was way too far away for that, and the embark wagon was roughly on sea level.
>>
Can we finally agree that people who use tilesets are the cancer eating away at the Dwarf Fortress base and the reason why Toady hasn't been getting as many donations lately?
>>
>>153246175
Have fun.

My actual dream for one of these times is to create an expansive fort with D&D style advanced dungeon design, promote it to Mountainhome and have it conquered, so then I can create a villager in the nearby human town (which almost definitely be terrorized by whatever manages to conquer the Mountainhome, Smaug style) who's life goal is too assemble an adventuring party and conquer back the Mountainhome.
>>
New Thread
>>153246631
>>153246631
>>153246631
>>153246631
>>
>>153246528
The main problem is that friends and enemies alike get scattered around randomly, so there's no real way to have enemies be arranged in any kind of remotely fun progression.
>>
>>153246683
Hm, fair enough...
Unless I build a complex and extensive plumbing system with a lever at the gates, which causes water flow, pushing everyone into specific rooms...

Might be going a bit over board though.
>>
File: amxu gobs.png (314KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
amxu gobs.png
314KB, 500x339px
>>153246528
Too bad gobbo invaders never settle in conquered player forts anymore. If you go to a player fort lost to gobbos now, all you'll find are the hundreds of merchants and their stupid wagons.

However, I recommend visiting a conquered NPC fort. They tend to be full of goblin soldiers which will attack on sight. Goblin soldiers in conquered dwarf forts also seem to have a unique site AI that makes them retreat and abandon the site when they take too heavy losses.
>>
Started a new adventurer in vanilla 40_24. going for maximum punch and vampire hunting.
Thread posts: 777
Thread images: 138

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.