[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/evog/ - Evolve General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 19

File: maxresdefault.jpg (190KB, 1280x755px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
190KB, 1280x755px
Get a Team Edition

>Add yourself to the list and find people here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQGpWqupSMEKL8g9qzBKUK0aBMdrFz9DX0LXxAkuTuQ/edit?usp=sharing

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
http://www.evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371
>>
Emet is shit
>>
File: paladin.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>
I main slim, if I make a script that presses 4 every 0.5 secs would that be cheating? Will TRS ban me?
>>
>>152927416
Who knows. Apparently people are getting banned regardless if they cheat or not.
>>
thread is literally on its last legs
if it dies before 100 mark dont make anymore
>>
>>152929130
At least make one when the next update goes live
>>
OP here. you can only apply through this now
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebNqlzlk8Yfr3aKOpUhw7yL7q4QjX7GUkzAV2h5mE_qeZMiQ/viewform

Click on the first link if you want to check the responses.
>>
File: 1393895308577.jpg (124KB, 537x535px) Image search: [Google]
1393895308577.jpg
124KB, 537x535px
>play some evolve to get my dailies in
>realize this isn't fun
>realize this game sucks
>quit
I'm finally free /evog/

Good bye
>>
I want to feel bad that the game died a second time, but I cant
Churning out gimmicks instead of fixing problems that existed long before stage 2, TRS should be an example of what not to do in game development
>>
File: Gorgon Pacha.png (180KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon Pacha.png
180KB, 460x500px
So I played the Deep Dark, and here's what I think.

Pros:
>Interesting voice-over
>Fighting 10 Gorgons at once was cool
>Dramatic lightning actually adds a lot to the game

Cons:
>voice-over got repetitive real quick
>the map was insanely linear and the enemies attacked at the same part each time

I liked the direction of the map, but I wouldn't play such a linear gamemode multiple times, especially since it seems to be more of an experience rather than a level. Love the atmosphere though, and the Gorgon skin was fucking badass.
>>
>>152930809
Deepest Dark or whatever it's called is so stupid. They should just release the old modes back. Yes, these modes will be broken but they can only fix it through our feedback. Feedback of thousands of players will be better than their small QA team.

Also, why the fuck are new maps not out yet? too small for the planet scanner you say? Just blend two of them together, Idk do something TRS SAVE YOUR FUCKING GAME.

I wish this game wasn't fun but it really is.
>>
>>152931567
As much as I hate the people who play this game, it's still a guilty pleasure. I'll ride it out until the bitter end, but I've given up on seeing Behemoth or any maps come back
At least Paladin Parnell might be fun to mess with before the patch kills whats left of the game
>>
>>152931952
>>152931567

Press F to pay respects
>>
>>152930349
OBDUCTION is out and piratable
Valley is kinda fun
INSIDE is cracked
RoTR is cracked too
few more games come out before September

You have shit to do anon
>>
>playing as sunny
>team actually utilizes the jet boost properly and goes towards the drone
what's this weird emotion i'm feeling...is this what fun is?
>>
>>152932934
I don't know what any of those are.
>>
>>152936461
They're all games, not sure why he's listing them
>>
Just found out daisy is affected by Maggies perks by randomly playing with a trs dev. Might try the full movement speed setup he was doing
>>
>>152938338
>TRS devs playing the game
uh oh they probably saw some of the shit i said in chat
>>
>>152938338

Tried it and it improves Daisy a little bit, but her AI can't be helped. Also, you still need someone to follow Daisy and because you're the trapper, you'll need to rely on one of the other hunters to do so.
>>
>>152939590
First game I tried it daisy got stuck at spawn. Trs dev actually made her look good when he played as her
>>
>>152940127

The problem is, is that you need to be literally next to her for her to start tracking. If no one is next to her, she stops tracking and becomes retarded. And sometimes, even when you are next to her, she doesn't even function and will get stuck on the terrain.
>>
>>152940408
I get that, she just wouldn't move period. Maggie is better than I originally thought at least. She's no Abe or crow but she did pretty well. Gonna start playing as her and try to actually git gud with her harpoon traps since I need a new trapper to play as
>>
>>152940654

Ya her AI completely borks sometimes. I recommend trying Jack once you get bored of Maggie if you haven't already tried him. Personally, he's my favorite trapper just because of how good the repulsor is. In my opinion it can be better than Griffin because not only can it be used to save your teammates, but it also increases his personal survivability tenfold. I've had games where I was the last survivor after a near team wipe and survived the till the drop ship timer just be properly kiting, dodging, and using the repulsor.
>>
>>152927416
No you won't. make 10 ms and turn your script on only when fighting monster so you can have 5 bursts per clip
>>
Trying out wraith since hunters stopped playing, wow you can't afford not to get out the second the dome drops, you have waay too little health to commit further. Renegabe is literally your worst nightmare.
>>
>>152942385
I know what that's like as a gorgon player. The small amount of health means Cabot is actually scary as fuck and the chase damage from renegabe is insane.
>>
I have to wonder, is the game really dying because TRS are just genuine idiots at balancing/updating games, or is it because the general video game player these days isn't interested in asymmetrical gameplay like this?

I fucking love this game of gameplay, loved the fuck out of the Versus mode in L4D 1 and 2, but you really don't see a lot of this stuff in games, which makes me wonder if there's even really a market for it. Pretty sure L4D was way more popular for it's campaign mode too, though I really didn't care about that.
>>
>>152944395
Its both
There was never enough to keep casuals interested. Playing the monster was too intimidating for a lot of people which left semi-repetitive hunter play. The multiplayer focus/lack of a proper campaign was enough to eventually turn people away
Really, Evolve is a niche game that never should have been shown/hyped as a AAA game. You had everything you needed for a budget game with an average but dedicated fanbase, but everyone (both devs and casuals) thought it could be so much more. That wouldnt have been so bad if TRS and 2K didn't make every bad decision possible along the way, with misleading season passes and the inability to fix things
>>
>no parnell man eater skin in store

WTF TRShit
>>
can we get some people for a little bit of coop grind? these map skipping and match delaying retards are a real fucking pain in the ass
>>
>>152946085
>can we get some people for a little bit of coop grind?
>Needing people
>for co op

Jesus fuck
>>
>>152944179
Yeah but gorgon has a way better traversal to flee. If you don't save your warp blast you might as well say gg right here.
>>
hotfixed AI speedbug my ass, just had another turbo goliath that was already long gone even when people tried to intercept its path

team caught it twice but then eventually the timer ran out because it was gone in seconds from where you'd think it was heading/where it was
>>
>>152946283
Wow great AAA post and reading comprehension, my tranny friend.
>>
a patch and a hotfix from TRS and
>AI speedbugs not completely fixed
>matchmaking issues
>if you take over a bot hunter you can run at ridiculous speeds, like at the speed a hacker would

they've fucked up the whole game in just 2 patches like they are speeding up its death on purpose again

and the retarded playerbase is repeatedly leaving lobbies in coop just to get to play that shit new wraith trap variant even though it's absolute shit, it's a challenge to get to play a single game now
>>
>>152947995
I know what will fix ALL our issues. Nerf the hunters some more and buff the monsters.
>>
>>152948076
I find that sometimes hunters get through my armor as stage one and I agree that they need nerfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OZeDS9TrO4
>>
http://www.evolveupdates.com/deepestdark/
lol that score
>>
>>152951068
it doesn't help that retards are trying to get the new variant map instead of just playing normally
>>
>>152951068
>http://www.evolveupdates.com/deepestdark/
rip paladin parnell
>>
>>152951242
as a founder I am getting him anyway... but that shit needs to get to 66k
>>
>>152951068

kek. I personally don't care much because I have 170k keys from the weekend event.
>>
>>152951068
Americans are still waking up. Too early to judge.
>>
>>152953921
amerisharts to the rescue
>>
What's worse posters?
Wasteland Maggie in general
Or Deepest Dark but with Wasteland Maggie as the trapper.
One has to be worse than the other right?
>>
I didn't think it was possible to lose in the new garbage spoopy map variant but it sure is. It takes 2 special retards though to fuck it up. One is not enough. Caught me off guard.
>>
so, anyone (any three) up for a few coop matches? too many lobby jumpers with random retards
>>
>>152956356
> coop matches
> coop matches
>>
>>152951068

It'd help if their Dankest Meme map wasn't hot hot garbage. It's an utter shit show, you follow a path and kill retarded AI monsters that die if you sneeze on them, then you fight a big retarded AI monster with no fucking armor.
The only reward I care about is Paladin Parnell, and I'm a founder so I get him for free.

Every update TRS just show that they've left an inept skeleton crew in charge on Evolve while their "A team" (if it could even be said that TRS have one) works on some new game to keep the studio afloat.
>>
>>152956381
yeah you can go fuck off if you don't want to play them for the "event", nobody gives a shit about you or hunt or ranked especially with the speed exploit around, you fucking nonce
>>
>>152956448

>nobody gives a shit about hunt

Hunt is literally all there is to care about in this game. If you're one of those retards who is so shit they can only win again a bot monster then you promptly need to end yourself.
It's because of spastics like you that they've been dumbing down EVERY aspect of the fucking game.
>>
>>152958309
There's no point in playing Hunt right now when it's so easily exploitable. If you're in a premade then you will be using the exploit to gain an edge, if not then you will be playing with literal fucking pubbie retards that can and will drag you down. And playing monster? You're on the receiving end of the exploit dickings.

Get off your high horse, little wank stain. Nobody's impressed by your premade team wins against literally retarded monster players. Even less when you exploit bugs.

TRS is doing the dumbing down by themselves btw, you vapid dumb cunt.
>>
evog premade fucking WHEN
>>
>>152961269
Drop your name, Il add you.
>>
>>152951068
jesus christ, they're literally advertising how dead their game is
>>
>>152951068
I played the map once to see how it is. Cleared it then I went back to playing hunt. I don't think your devs realize that new players would rather see new maps more than low effort gimicky bullshit. I don't like the le randomness xd of cataclysm (not to mention the frame drops) and overpowered should be delet immediately. If cata and overpowered had seperate queues I'd be fine but why are they in the hunt queue? Will these mememaps be permanent? I hope not.
>>
File: 1339011150843.gif (1011KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
1339011150843.gif
1011KB, 500x225px
>>152958806
Holy Christ do you want some cheese with the whine? Do you understand what an utter bitch you sound like right now?
I play monster, I play with a premade hunter team, and I solo queue hunters, it is easy to find enjoyment in all of these game modes as long as you aren't a salty little faggot who is too retarded to improve, like yourself.

I've watched TRS utterly fuck this game for over a year because they constantly listen to uninformed shitters like you, don't even try to tell me they're "doing it on their own" you tremendous fucking imbecile. I've seen logical suggestions from over a year ago only just getting implemented a month or two ago, again because of the community's voice largely being drowned out by the tide of obnoxious dumb-shits.

Most people who play this game, infact, most people in general are pretty fucking stupid, which is why I suppose it kind of makes sense to TRS for them to try to work their design decisions around them, but the result is the shit-show we have right now.

I can't even begin to imagine how unbelievably autistic you'd have to be to only want to play the co-op mode where the game may as well play itself. It is literally impossible to lose to the bot monster.
Yet somehow I wouldn't be surprised if someone as bad as you found a way to.
You're clearly too stupid for multiplayer games, kindly fuck off, pleb.
>>
Is this game still shit or can I finally go back to fighting my friends as the Monster in normal games?

Because when they made that change it was literally instant uninstalled.
>>
>>152964628
>The game's shit cause I can't fuck with matchnmaking
There's a custom game option if you want to play with friends as the monster.
>>
>>152964175
>Well I am having fine
>I don't care that everybody else isn't having fun and hate the game, git gud shitters
>wait, why is there only 200 players playing?
>come back you shitters, how am I supposed to have fun when I don't have anybody to pubstomp!
>>
why is this game f2p with no cash shop?
>>
>>152964891

So basically the game is still shit and expects you and your friends to earn less/no rewards when they play with each other.

so keep it uninstalled. gotcha.

Hopefully one day they make the game fun again.
>>
>>152965271

There's being shit and then there's being so shit you can only beat bot monsters.
One can be improved upon, the other is caused by mental retardation.
>>
>>152965720
There is one thing of being shit and then there is having retarded teammates that can't even handle basic character control like switching weapons.
One can be improved upon, the other is caused by mental retardation and is incurable.
>>
File: 1442261796585.png (786KB, 787x786px) Image search: [Google]
1442261796585.png
786KB, 787x786px
>>152965517
it's in """""beta""""", cash shop and console release come when stage 2 """launches""".
>>
Any general tips for playing Maggie? Any perk suggestions?
Seems to take god-damn forever for those traps to actually arm.
>>
>>152967626
play a different trapper.
>dog stops tracking if nobody is within 5 feet of it
>traps takeforever to arm and ususally get destroyed before doing anything
>SMG does jack shit for damage
the only advantage you get is that the monster will ignore you because you do almost nothing, which gives you the chance to set up harpoons at escape routes before the dome drops.
>>
>>152968321

This. Maggie is garbage.
Get Grif or Abe.
>>
>>152967626
If you stay with Maggie during chase you've got 15% speed boost. Spam traps inside the dome. Get whatever bronze perk/reload/poison or whatever bronze perk/reload/reload and you are good. Don't listen to shitters who think Maggie is bad. She is very good if you stay with Maggie and spam traps. And don't touch Waggie yet.
>>
>>152968659
>If you stay with Maggie

I mean Daisy ofcourse
>>
>>152968659
yeah, that 15% speed boost really helps you track and cut off the monster when the dog stops every 3 yards because you're not dry humping it.
>>
>12 hours in
>only 7k/100k coop games
I really hope we at least get abe night hunter shit
>>
I keep seeing people talk shit about wasteland maggie.

What makes her so bad?

I've tried her out in practice and nothing seems particularly terrible. Extra fire damage is kinda neat.

I couldn't tell if daisy was doing anything with that flamethrower during combat, though.

Is there some kind of not-so-obvious critical flaw that I just haven't seen or specifically heard of yet?
>>
>>152969245
if it wasn't a shit game mode people would play it more than once.
>>
>>152969315
her dps is better, but her dog doesn't give the speed boost, which makes it worthless and she can only set up one harpoon instead of 3.
she's basically a shitty griffon.
>no sound spikes
>harpoon can be broken before doing anything
>not a priority target so you can't soak for your teammates
>>
>>152969315
Trappers are about CC and she has the worst cc out of all of them. She trades this for damage and she can't even out damage Abe, let alone regular maggie.

>>152969327
I don't know why they chose 100k. The player base is smaller than it was during cataclysm AND it's only counting a game mode that makes up ~20% of the total games.
>>
>>152969614
>>152969683

So the real problem with her, is that her schtick is supposed to be DPS and she doesn't actually get enough of it to make up for the tradeoffs?

Would it fix her if they just, like, eliminated the tracking function from her Daisy entirely and beefed up the hps and damage output so it's like having a mobile bucket turret that hits harder and can revive downed hunters?

I will say this though, the sole reason I haven't bothered trying to play her in an actual match (even coop) after testing her in practice is that her SMG isn't even automatic and I cannot be bothered to fuck up my wrist tapping click to fire.
>>
File: ghkxfk.jpg (44KB, 521x418px) Image search: [Google]
ghkxfk.jpg
44KB, 521x418px
>>152969683
but, muh two million players!
>>
>>152969951
Daisy has the same ai as the non-wasteland version, meaning the close range flamethrower dog runs away at the first sign of trouble. Beefing up daisy's damage would only slightly alleviate the problem.
>>
>>152969951
fun fact, waisy actually has less HP than daisy.

the only way to fix maggie/waggie is make the dog track on its own with maybe a 50 meter leash on maggie, but if it gets within say 30 of the monster it stays on it regardless of distance from maggie.
>>
>>152968659
>>152968983
You've got other teammates to cut the monster (yeah it's a teamplay coordinated game you know). Btw you should learn Daisy's language, she is basically a constant planet scaner like she is always facing monster and always runs straight on him. Also monster cannot trick you hiding and changing direction if you've got Daisy close to you.
>>
>>152926309
>>I heard the game was dead?
>It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

Is this guy serious?
More like barely over 5000
http://steamcharts.com/app/273350
>>
>>152970365
>maggie follows daisy
>everyone else follows maggie
great plan you got there, buddy.

>you have teammates to cut the monster off
if your team is smart enough to know how to cut off the monster then you don't need daisy to point out where it is.

in both high and low level play maggie is always going to be less useful than any of the other trappers.
>>
>>152970292
Jesus fucking christ that's stupid. How is it possible for a game developer to be so idiotic that they couldn't foresee these mechanics as being a problem when creating wasteland maggie with her combat-avoiding dog being specialized FOR combat?

>>152970345
Yeah it tells you about the fewer hps right in the game's ability text, which I thought was extremely odd for what is supposed to be a more combat-oriented version of Daisy, but, giving the devs too much credit, I assumed it was to offset that Daisy was going to just be dealing that much extra damage that it would take fewer hps to balance her.

On paper the idea seems really cool, but in practice it's a fucking mess, with blatantly obvious problems that seem stupidly easy to fix if given any attention at all.

Another disappointment for the checklist I guess.
>>
>>152970786
Maggie>Griffin inside the dome.
Griffin>Maggie right after dome is down.

>if your team is smart enough to know how to cut off the monster then you don't need daisy to point out where it is
>monster cannot trick you hiding
>>
>>152971304
>maggie better than griffon in a dome
harpoon traps either get smahed before they arm by AoE or the monster isn't in range of them by the time they're armed and if they do go off odds are the monster is headin towards them and just smashes them anyway without getting CC'd. at least with griffon you can position yourself to always be effective and if the monster focuses you that means your medic and support are keeping you alive and the monster is wasting its time on something it shouldn't be able to kill.

>team is smart enough to spread out and cut off
>monster can't juke
>>
>>152971812
If harpoons get smashed then you place them in wrong places
>>
File: 1399372100113.jpg (22KB, 220x206px) Image search: [Google]
1399372100113.jpg
22KB, 220x206px
I really like this game but its not worth playing it now. I really hope TRS get their shit together in time and by that I mean: new(!) maps, better MM and dont nerf the only viable hunters to the ground so they are as shit as the other fucked up hunter and "therefore equal"
>>
There was a hotfix?

Is hackspeed glitch wraith still wasting everyone's time in co-op, forcing timeout victories by being uncatchable?
>>
>>152974315
yes but its too late, hackwraith already claimed victims and bullied coop players out of this game
>>
>>152974431
Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>152974148
Supposedly they put in a new matchmaking system in yesterday that's bugging up for some people
>>
>>152974431
>hackwraith already claimed victims

Why people have to be so retarded?

They can't catch the wraith even if I am on its ass tagging it with the tracking dart.

Managed to catch it twice on my own but ended up winning by timeout. Wraith didn't evolve to stage 2.
>>
so what are the latest bugs/exploits? is there any info on palanell's kit?
>>
People in pubs don't fucking know what the fuck is the fucking jetpack gun of sunny...
>>
https://trello.com/b/D8JlQGll/evolve-stage-2-feature-bug-roadmap

More adaptations, boys
>>
>>152981624
sunny is not pub friendly.
honestly solo queuers should be restricted to retard proof hunters only until they win at least 10 games in a row.
>>
>>152982386
>gorgon adaptation
Cool, can't wait for it to come out in two years
>>
>>152982437
Even retard proof hunters aren't entirely retard proof. They don't take into account players that are medically diagnosed Steam forum posters.
>>
Laz revive!
>>
My last 3 co-op games:

1. Log in and queue for co-op, instantly get the new gorgon swarm map. It's shit and boring. Team still nearly wipes by just standing in environmental hazards and gorgon acid. I save the day AS BUCKET by simply not being retarded, although I do get downed when retard team splits up for no apparent reason while fighting and the gorgon boss focuses me until I get bugged and stuck in the terrain. My turrets finish it off and we win.

2. After a million dropped matchmaking attempts because retards voting or leaving if they don't get their way to try out the new map, I get stuck in an off-role thanks to the shit matchmaking shoving me into a pile with 3 other people who have medic as their primary choice. It's buggy wraith again, and although it can be caught up to, it's still randomly vanishing from where it's supposed to be and appearing halfway across the other side of the map. We win by timeout and I don't even get progress towards my challenges.

3. Another million dropped matchmaking attempts later, I finally get medic by pure luck as another person in the team also had chosen medic. It's still bugwraith but we stick to that motherfucker like white on rice.

Fresh dome on last health pip, and the game freezes. We can still chat, but everyone and everything is frozen in time, unable to perform actions.

Connection to host lost. No progress made.

Back to Overwatch I guess.
>>
>>152991376
>complaining about evolve as an overmeme player
Wew.
>>
>>152992002
And what about being someone who plays overwatch, amongst other games, invalidates anything I've said about evolve?

Overwatch isn't a perfect game, but it can be fun and at least it works.
>>
>>152992467
>evolve isn't a perfect game, but it can be fun and at least the characters don't look like cheap-
It would work, too, if they hadn't introduced qaira an egriff.
>>
>>152995562
Egriff is actually pretty cool. Quantum Caira is just a big hot mess. Nothing about her works, even in theory. her mechanics just don't seem to belong in this game.
>>
>>152995845
Qaira would be A-OK if monsters had no forms of knockback, unfortunately 50%-75% of a monsters kit has hard knockback and heavy melees interrupt all player control. I have 0 fucking idea how she even got past the concept stage unless they have massive plans to overhaul the hard crowd control monsters have.
>>
>>152997695
Ah yes, you see they'll remove the current cc perks monsters have and just put them on them by default.

All of them.
Stage 1 for rank 1 of each perk, stage 2 for rank 2 etc.

Each monster will use a different kind but it won't matter because we're also going to make it so every week hunters can only play each role a certain amount of times before only being able to queue for monster until the week ends.

Also we're going to be removing co-op vs AI because we found that hunters were using it to get perks so they could actually fight against monster maining twitch streamers, which we didn't like.

We've been trying to pass the message by increasing the monsters movement speed and making sure it uses -traversal cd perks but hopefully by just removing it we'll have ensured that hunters (which we'll be nerfing) get the hint that they only exist to lose to monster maining twitch streamers (who we love)

Also if you try to enter hunt in a party we're moving you against our in building monster main, Boris from Russia who will instantly down you before you even leave the drop ship.

Enjoy!
>>
>>152997993
Thanks, TRS.
>>
>>153000683
Don't you sass us, we've reduced the amount of keys you get for playing hunter by 75% and increased monster key gains by 150%.
>>
>>152964175
You really are an autistic retard and everything your retarded ass spews is baseless and idiotic assumptions. Seriously you need to kill yourself. Fucking salty retard clown.
>>
calling it now next patch

defense matrix to 35% and causes health loss

markov main gun reduced dmg reduced by 25%, can only plant 1 mine now

parnell reload time increased by 50%

more hank nerfs, shield breaks after 1 goliath swing stage 1, burst breaks after 1 goliath firebreath

global medic burst heal nerfs, vals single target healing reduced by 50%

global trapper nerfs, now only trapper sees compass ping (doesnt move) and loses the wall hacks

abe statis nade reduced to 10% slow

griffin harpoon now takes 5 seconds to reload, and simply turning around to face the harpoon breaks it

crow no longer can pierce, slow gun requires full shot for maximum potentency, can no longer just spam little shots
>>
>people still play quantum
>they get mad when you don't stay in their fucking 28/sec bubble because the monster knocked you out of them
Just fucking play emet if you want to leave healing fields everywhere.
>>
>>153002951
DELETE THIS

Well you haven't seen the big surprise we have in store for our monster players so it doesn't matter fuck you
>>
>>152991376
What the fuck did they do to the bot monsters? Even after a fix they still seem to be faster than before the DD patch and their paths are fucking weird. And they didn't remove the wraith which was never confirmed as an addition.
>>
>>153002986
Qaira could be viable if they made her healing bubbles at least half the size of EMET's healing buoys.

But that would be too toxic for monster gameplay :^)
>>
>>153003476
It looks like they load bot monsters so they always have traversal or damage resistance (or both) perks going and then the bot monsters can just spam their jumps like crazy across the map
>>
>>153003865
That's how it used to be but now they're different from that. They're less predictable at the moment but really inefficient at evolving. And their speed still seems bugged.
>>
>>152991376
>Back to Overwatch
Stay at your retard game and never ever come back
>>
File: exactmoment.png (67KB, 1263x438px) Image search: [Google]
exactmoment.png
67KB, 1263x438px
You can see the exact moment when the people that were hoping the game would get better realized it never would
>>
>>153008285
That's when the exp event ended
>>
why do retards stop to waste their time on the eggs? all they do is spawn enemies that you could just avoid
>>
>>153008285
it's gonna flatline soon

can't believe I wasted money on this garbage in july, not much but still

whatever shitter crew is left to take care of evolve is too incompetent and normie to save the game
>>
File: 1468796863609.jpg (61KB, 564x801px) Image search: [Google]
1468796863609.jpg
61KB, 564x801px
>be val
>win against goliath with two strikes on everyone save hyde (with one), and a dead support by nailing the head when he charges you
Hot damn.
>>
>>153010006
>manface
disgusting
>>
How to become the Jackal?
>>
File: 1423701713609.jpg (441KB, 1108x498px) Image search: [Google]
1423701713609.jpg
441KB, 1108x498px
>>153010042
I love it.
>>
File: The jackal.png (736KB, 1440x700px) Image search: [Google]
The jackal.png
736KB, 1440x700px
>>153010430

First, you must paint a skull on your mask.

Second, unlike every other character in the game, you want to hug whoever gets focused to do your job. Sure you can angle the beam, but it really feels less efficient and reliable than simply hugging whoever the monster is focusing. However, since you can only stop one ability per charge, you want to get out as soon as you use it.

Now, what you want to do is, play a couple of games as monster and get a feel for the cooldown of their abilities. You're not going to do much to gorgon, or anything to a kraken, but:

-you can stop a charge after a couple meters
-you can stop a leap smash after a couple meters
-you can stop a warp blast after a couple meters
-you can stop an abduction after a couple meters

For the most part, I don't bother spending it on traversals because they regen too fast for it to be useful. However, stopping any of those abilities -which pubs rarely dodge- will significantly hamper the monster's burst. This is particularly true of warp blast, a wraith that misses a warp blast basically loses the dome if the assault isn't torvald.

Playing jack really consists in pulling out your repulsor often, but the skill come from learning to pull it out when it's going to be useful because otherwise you're worse than even maggie.

Also, spam that satellite, the cd is ridiculously short and it's a free 200 damage tick.

Now go drop your spaghetti in front of Val again.

ps: also, switch/reload/capacity.
>>
>100k coop wins
>against monsters that go at the speed of light

They even killed coop, holy shit.
>>
>>153011525

Thanks m8. I think Sunny wants the dick though.
>>
File: Screenshot_101.png (887KB, 1190x667px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_101.png
887KB, 1190x667px
>>153011718
What do you mean guy?
The hunters are just too good, they're already nearly half way to the first reward on day one!!!
We'll be nerfing movement speed perks on hunters due to this.
>>
File: Jack Val 3 in 1.png (704KB, 866x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Val 3 in 1.png
704KB, 866x1259px
>>153011749
Yeah, but the jackal wants the spy.
>>
>>153011860

>TRS expecting everyone to play at least 20 co-op matches
>>
>>152944395
I think the asymmetric play as described just isn't intuitive enough to get new people interested.

Still I thought L4D versus was shit so what do I know
>>
>>153012447
It's amazing, the new map/event is shit but it's the only way the AI doesn't zip away at mach 50.

The AI monsters Goliath and Wraith have their traversal cd fucked up so they can hop around 6 times in a row.

But they'll probably not fix this until the event is over and not extend the event timer.
>>
>>153012653
>The AI monsters Goliath and Wraith have their traversal cd fucked up so they can hop around 6 times in a row.

That I don't know.

What I know for sure is that their movement speed is faster. I dust tagged a Goliath and it fucking out sprinted my jetpack boosts.
>>
>>153012653
At some point in hunt, I glitched out when jumping and started bunny hopping. Couldn't stop to eat, or control the jump arc.
>>
>>153012883
HOW DO THEY MANAGE THIS SHIT

>>153012880
They can dash out of abe's grenades and if you track and or dust them you can watch them go from directly in front of you to the opposite side of the map in less than a minute. How do these retards let this shit go through.
>>
It's another "Goliath can't possibly outrun the hunters" episode
>>
>>153013296
How. I've mostly played goliath and it's easy as shit to outrun them. Just spam space, 2 and 4.
Bob and the krakens have it worse.
>>
>>152992002
Mad Genji shitter identified.
>>
>play Wraith
>evade hunters until rank 3
WHAT THE SHIT THESE PLAYERS ARE AWFUL
>>
>playing anything other than Markov, Hank, or Wraith
its like u WANT to lose shitters
>>
File: crab vs physics.gif (2MB, 265x185px) Image search: [Google]
crab vs physics.gif
2MB, 265x185px
>14'328 of 100,000 Co-Op Games

not going to reach 100k
>>
>>153014473
You got lucky, since the event ended it feels like I get nothing but premades that spread out and flush me out correctly.
>>
Hey monster players, is the tranq noticeable at all in combat? It feels like the traversal regen rate just shits on it.
>>
>take over bot quantum caira
>she's glitched out and skates at max move speed when moving forward
>follow the monster up it's ass constantly doing nothing because her weapon does 12 damage a second
For being completely useless I just had a ton of fun.
>>
>>153014784
Is the crab ok?
>>
I really want a hunter who can fly like kraken can, but can be grounded by knockback damage, and uses jetpack fuel to just boost dodge
>>
>>152965639

If you can't see how this can be easily abused then you're just a dumb fuckhead man.
>>
>>152971234

>Jesus fucking christ that's stupid. How is it possible for a game developer to be so idiotic that they couldn't foresee these mechanics as being a problem when creating wasteland maggie with her combat-avoiding dog being specialized FOR combat?

If you can't imagine a scenario where a dev might oversee such a thing, then you're either unsympathetic, unimaginative, or both. I'm glad I'm not you.
>>
>>153017790
Severe autism detected.

Obviously it is a rhetorical question posed to express how flabbergasting such a simple, yet critical oversight is.
>>
>>153017790
What a fucking joke.

It has to be bait and all, but man it triggered me
>>
>>152997695

What if they allowed qaira to detonate her "mines" in mid air so she can place them more accurately. A big part of the problem is you can't heal people when they are above you or over a cliff, air detonation would be nice. Also maybe some more instant damage on her damage nades would be helpful
>>
why dont they just make the game good?
>>
>>153021826
>>153021826
But they want it to be a big competitve game with few millions prizepool and flashy events
>>
>>153021931
How long till they make monster 1v1's?
>>
#roadto3million
>>
What's next Hunk nerf gonna be?
I was surprised there was not a little Hank nerf in the hotfix.
>>
>>153026670
they're gonna take away 20 more shields off his shield projector and probably another 50 off his self shield burst but in exchange they're going to give him +2 damage per shot on his laser cutter,
>>
http://www.evolveupdates.com/deepestdark/
>16k games out of 100k

Please, for the love of evolve, please take a godamned hint and stop shitting out poorly designed, half-assed co-op content.

These fucking devs are going to run this godamned game into the grave a 2nd time holy shit.
>>
>>153027252
It already is.
>>
>>153026932
no no no they need to bring his OP damage down to waggie levels

waggie needs a nerf btw
her harpoon, massive dot and combined damaged from daisy is just too much.. IT'S TOO MUCH IT RIPS MONSTERS APART so it's too toxic
>>
>>153029395
Dude she does deal the most damage, our undisclosed data says so. Bringing him to her level would make him bonkers
>>
File: 1457676399701.gif (4MB, 670x410px) Image search: [Google]
1457676399701.gif
4MB, 670x410px
>tfw someone picks kala and you know you're up against a max lvl twitch goliath
>>
>>153035894
Probably was me.

I always pick Kala in solo queue. She is the most fun to play on your own.

>tryharding with random pubs
>"if we pick right characters we totally win bois!"
kek
how does it feel to be this much autisticallyretarded
>>
>>153036061
so you're that legendary retard Kala that shits up matches before whining and then blaming everyone else for the loss
>>
>>153036247
> that shits up matches before whining
I play fairly but I try to have fun with Kala's tools. I do solo queue perfectly knowing 90% of my games will end up as a loss because that's just how pubs works.

>and then blaming everyone else for the loss
Nah, not me then. I don't care for that shit
>>
File: MuhNigga.jpg (120KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
MuhNigga.jpg
120KB, 1024x705px
>>153036247
kala is perfectly viable and balanced according to TRS, don't get mad at that anon because he's not playing OP crutch classes like hank or sunny.
>>
>>153017285

Okay, how are you going to make it so goliath kill him. You won't. Tinkerbell has already shown that a flying character is broken
>>
>>153018890
>>153018113

Buttmad children alert

>Obviously it is a rhetorical question posed to express how flabbergasting such a simple, yet critical oversight is.

So its an excuse to say things that make you look shitty? En
>>
>>153037425

Auto post lol. But anyways, to finish:

Enjoy being dismissed your whole life everytime you complain because you can't form a coherant thought everytime you get buttblasted.
>>
>>153037512
Did you mean coherent?
>>
>just to complete one coop game takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes compared to previous 5 minutes total because of bugged AI (nice fix, dumbass TRS devs) and retarded lobby skippers
>over half of the remaining playerbase thinks you need to play the new variant to contribute to the event
>TRS could have clarified it as "any coop map" since the average normie is too dumb to get it otherwise
>>
>>153014624
wraith is only good for low level pubstomping
dunno how she got hyped to OP levels at launch
she's just laughable now with her low health
>>
>playing griffin
>person being focused always, always runs towards me

How is this even possible. Even just going in random directions should yield better results.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/3/355043117513185013/

remember to report racism, niggers
>>
Dude, in the overpowered mode there's no way that you basic walk speed becomes faster than you are on jetpack dodge right?

That shit was weird as fuck.
>>
>>153042013

That's why sometimes I pick Jack since it's inevitable that pub players will group up on me.
>>
>>153042013
I love how pubs think it's a good idea to go to other players when they are targeted by the monster. Why let the monster hit just one person with a skill when they can nail two or more people with it?

The only hunter they should be going to is the assault because that's the only hunter the monster usually needs to actively avoid in domes.
>>
Is matchmaking bugged or something? It's finding only 4 players now.
>>
>>153037425

>retard makes shitty thing
>thing is so shitty it is difficult to fathom how the retard made it so shitty
>random guy comments: "Holy fuck look at this shitty thing, how the fuck did this retard make it so shitty!?"
>butt-blasted faggot walks by, butts his head in and screams "REEEEEEEEEEEE STOP INSULTING PEOPLE YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE RUDE ON AN ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD YOU'RE TRIGGERING MEEEEEEEE"

Fuck off faggot.
>>
They could liven up this game so easily if they just made an "action sack" style game mode.
A mode where the only maps that come up are are the new map variants, and stupid bullshit like a 5 man all-monster free for all, or bringing back arena mode from legacy and shoving that in there.

It'd keep the retarded maps out of the hunt rotation and provide a place you go for when you do actually want to play them, and actually be able to play them since the monster player would know what they're getting into and won't leave the second the map goes throw un-skipped.
>>
>>153045363
Yea
>>
File: jewing intensifies.gif (378KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
jewing intensifies.gif
378KB, 208x200px
>>153045363
Ahhh sorry goy, it seems like you can't play hunt or ranked, but what is this?! You could still play COOP in the mean while :)
>>
File: monster main shitters.jpg (182KB, 1221x406px) Image search: [Google]
monster main shitters.jpg
182KB, 1221x406px
>>
>>153050114
>Make his shield take 20-30 seconds to recharge
Might as well make it shield the monster instead.
>>
>>153046557

Tmdr

(Too mad didn't read)
>>
>wraith can warp blast with impunity whilst harpooned
To what end
>>
>>153053656
You want shit to be consistent?
>>
>>153050114
>pls halp TRS! unfair shield makes me hit a hunter two more times!
>I can't win in S1 anymore, now I have to run after I downed two of them!
>>
>>153056080
I want Griffin to actually be able to do anything to Wraith with his main gimmick. Abduction ignores it I think, warp blast definitely ignores it, decoy obviously ignores it (unless I waste the shot hitting the decoy), supernova obviously ignores it. I basically have zero way of stopping a wraith for more than the nanosecond it takes for a wraith in supernova to swipe once at cable and straight back to murder. Assuming I even hit it whilst it's darting about, but that's a skill issue rather than a game design issue as I see it.
>>
>>153058074
lmao just shoot it until it dies, poon when it tries to traversal away or play crow and fuck it up
>>
>>153058074
Wrong, you can stop the dashes. It's just really inconsistent. Be happy it's not a gorgon or kraken, both don't give a shit about poons.
>>
>>153058074
This is how I feel about all monsters. I just don't like playing Griffin.
>>
>>153058542
Griffin and Jack hard counter goliath, just use it at the right time. Crow is useful against almost any monster. Maggie is ok, mostly underwhelming compared to other hunters. Waggie is absolute garbage
>>
>>153058542
I tried Maggie first thinking 'it's like griffin but THREE harpoons!'. Wow was that ever a mistake. I actually think Maggie could be competitive if she had, say, a little icon visible to hunters showing where a harpoon trap is, like the icon showing that a monster is harpooned. It'd mean they can know how they need to kite it, same as how you know to always, always be moving away from griffin if you're being focused.
As long as your team knows to always move away from you, and you're moving to make that easier, griffin can make life a lot harder for most monsters. In the case of Kraken, where he mostly isn't, your gun is actually REALLY GOOD and you can double up as an extra DPS inside domes or during chases when harpoon is reloading.
>>
Who wants to team up?
>>
>>153058957
post your steam name and somebody might add you.
>>
>>153059085
I'm idling in the group chat and waiting for the chance.
>>
>>153050114
I already lost interest in playing the game anymore because of the hunter nerfs.

If TRS is nerfing hunters even more, the remaining 4 pub stump monster will have problems to find opponents at all.
>>
What does it take to become a moderator of /evog/?
>>
Why is there still a solo-doming cocksucker in level 50

Why is this allowed
>>
>>153062783
everyone is max level anyway thanks to the xp and keys event
>>
>>153062783
MONSTER IN RANGE PRESS F TO DOME is probably the absolute most retarded UI design choice Turtle Rock has made. I can't believe how incredibly awful it is.

TR wants this game to be competitive, right? Then it's UI should do everything possible to encourage smart play. But we didn't even get damage numbers until phase 2.
>>
>>153062783
What if he is assault? If the monster attacks him, his shield will keep him alive until the medic arrives and counters all the monster's effort.
>>
>>153069409
He's the Assault, he's Torvald, and he's about 100 miles away from the team. He got the right idea about leading at the front, but I think he didn't get his map up and therefore forgot that our team was split up. I had no idea whether he put his shield up or not, never had the chance to look at him before he's downed.

We were heading to the same direction, but the dude domed when it would took >8 seconds for anyone other than him to take a shot at the monster and he got punced right at the corner after a high cliff entrance to some cave which makes it a total bitch since you need to jetpack over it first and turn around a corner.

After he's down it was a fuckfest since there's no damage deterrence for the monster to go balls deep.
>>
lol they aren't even hiding the speedhax any more
>>
>queue up for some easy grind coop
>monster going fucking nuts
>Abe tracker, darts the goliath
>its moving across the map in <10
>forced to time out

This has happend several times now. What the fuck is going on in Coop?
>>
>>153071765
>go straight from an obvious speed hacking medic to an incompetent team who can't even pretend to lead the monster.
Why do people still play this game?
>>
>>153071765
was there a bot in the match at any point? then it wasn't hax, it's a bug
>>
>>153072451
it's bugged, AI monster is retardedly fast (previously it was quite quick because it could spam traversals when it felt like it and could eat without animations)
and there's a wraith showing up despite it showing a goliath which can be even worse to track

they said they hotfixed it but didn't really but that's just TRS for you
>>
>>153072451
They fucked up the AI monster movement speed.

But considering TRS, it's most likely a feature.
>>
>tfw nobody to play with
>>
they finally added fab parnell skin

FINALLY
>>
>>153073295
It wouldn't surprise me TRS have a statement like
>due to the amount of quick and easy wins hunters had against the AI, we are buffing monsters and nerfing hunters some more
>>
>>153060042
Good luck then, cause some people don't join that shit.
>>
Perks keep getting nerfed left and right.

What are some good perks for monster? I'm guessing that just stacking cooldown reduction, feed speed, or damage reduction if you are a tremendous cunt?
>>
>fighting coop turbo goliath
>it can move across the map in less than 10 seconds
>dome it multiple times by cutting it off
>still takes 16 minutes because assault is a newbie, not totally useless, just new and the monster fucks off at incredible speeds
>>
where the FOOOOOOK is the evog premade
>>
>>153074740
I also submitted my ID to that document thing, nothing so far.
>>
>>153075375
Some monsters do run heavy DR like hunger - DR- DR, I use Brawler - Ins. hunger - Grounder/CDR.
>>
>>153079215
why don't you just post a goddamn lobby link in here? someone might join
>>
>>153075375
I've pretty much always ran triple grounder because it's nothing except 'if i start focusing you it's as hard as possible for you to get out of the way'. Triple DR is also really good, but if the hunters are good enough at evasion or have one of the stronger healers, you can find it too difficult to actually kill anyone.
>>
>>153079215
post it here.
>>
>>153079341
Such a temporary solution. I've had zero luck whenever I attempted to join one myself, but here goes nothing.
steam://joinlobby/273350/109775243473503788/76561197971410481
>>
whats the gorgon adaption going to be?
>>
>>153080290
>steam://joinlobby/273350/109775243473503788/76561197971410481
how do i use this shit.
>>
>>153084564
Pasting in the browser works for me.
>>
>>153084643
Got it my bad. I don't know a lot of steams features.
>>
How is Renegade Abe? Im new and have like 20k and I really like poison like mechanics in games. I already use Bucket with the acid rounds and it's pretty cool.
>>
>>153085358
he's a solid assault if you like the gimmick.
>>
>>153085358
If you only play co-op mode, he's okay.
>>
>>153085358
tier wise i'd say he's a solid B, definitely better than lennox
>>
>>153086176
Lennox is the most boring fucking assault, if nothing else.

How do these guys manage to make a powersuit/mech character amongst regular humans the most boring?

Boggles my goddamn mind.
>>
>>153085946
>>153086176
Who is the best so I can buy both. One for fun and one to just really fuck a monster hard.

>>153085971
I never play coop but if someone wanted too sure. I just like seeing what others do as the monster.
>>
>>153086434
Parnell is currently part of the A-team along with Regular Markov(who is free)
>>
>>153086697
Parnell is amazing. I love everything about him. A shame we wont be getting the free skin lol.
>>
>>153085358
He is fucking deadly if you are good at chasing the monster.
>>
The co-op monster bugs and the shitty new map have killed my interest in this game entirely. Guess I'll just check back in a month to see if the nonsense is straightened out.
>>
>having a tiny amount of fun grinding through coop with some friends
>suddenly the monsters move almost 4x as fast
>Abe darts it, watch as it flies hundreds of meters away
Welp. Any news on when this bitch is getting fixed?
>>
>>153086906
Free skin? Don't you man Parnell variant? He just won't be free to non-founder plebs.
>>
>>153088106
Nope, no news. They had a hotfix a day or two ago that was supposed to have fixed it, but it didn't actually.

Anyone's guess on when they're going to get their shit together, now.
>>
How the fuck do you even play on deepest dark?
Never found a single game with it
>>
>>153090539
It's a random map possibility when queueing for co-op.

Pretty stupid that they shoved it in there when it's so different from regular co-op, but yeah.

I wouldn't bother, it's a shitty map and it's not fun at all.
>>
>>153090919
They should have made a co-op survival gamemode.
Hordes of those small monsters, with big monsters as bosses.
>>
>>153090919
just played it
yeah its pretty boring
>>
>>153088428
I thought deepest darkness gave us a blackaden skin for free if people played coop.
>>
>>153094978
No, paladin is his own character. We get Abe and bucket weapon skins for getting 33/66k coop matches. I doubt we'll break 40k
>>
>play lazarus
>team is full of idiots
>13 device revives
jesus fuck, why do these kids keep running into plants and chasing it at stage 3...
>>
>>153098597
>playing lazarus
you deserved to lose
>>
>>153098597
On the upside, you are literally playing the best character to make up for their mistakes.
>>
>>153098597

How are you supposed to Laz? Emet is the only medic I enjoy and I'd like to branch out, but its either the monster is so shit nobody ever comes close to dying, or everyone face tanks literally everything and the monster camps without punish because assault is brain dead.
>>
>>153098597
>play lazarus
there's your first mistake
>>
>>153086376
i used to be a lennox main
until they gutted her dps and dmg perks
>>
>>152927416
Did you make this script? Mind sharing?
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.