[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ RimWorld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 760
Thread images: 133

File: 46465646.png (60KB, 1025x762px) Image search: [Google]
46465646.png
60KB, 1025x762px
Daed Gaem edition.

http://rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: http://pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed) (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.
>>
>>151938591

first for would you recommend me this game? It looks pretty good.
>>
File: djqwqEU.png (331KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
djqwqEU.png
331KB, 1365x767px
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745157413
>>
File: 1470033015634.jpg (140KB, 545x429px) Image search: [Google]
1470033015634.jpg
140KB, 545x429px
>tfw Hardcore SK is finally out for 14
It's time to die again
>>
>>151939286

No one?
>>
>>151939286
yes fagget
>>
>>151939997

T-t-thanks

What do you find appealing about this gaym?
>>
Is cassandra rough permadeath fucking hard as fuck or am I still being a shitter? Failure after failure. It usually goes well until a colonist dies because of a raid or a heart attack and then everyone gets depressed and kills each other
>>
>>151940063
Just pirate it and try it out
>>
>>151939286
yeah I would
>>
Takashi Russel awoke with a jolt to the sound of something crashing through the roof of the room across the hall. Disgruntled, he turned over to go back to sleep, only to hear a metallic screetch that make the thick, dark mat of hair on his back stand on edge.
"It's probably Makar who forgot to clean his room again, and now we got a bunch of Megaspiders loose in the courtyard," he thought, as he slowly moved his giant corpus out of his oh-so-comfortable bed that he'd rather stay in. Sleepily, he made his way to the hallway where he turned on the automated defenses.
"Fuck if I'm to deal with those again, that's what we got those dang turrets that Blitz put up for," he mumbled, listening for the .50cal turrets spinning up and start unloading as he went to go fetch his rifle. He still had to check that everything was dead before going back to sleep. Despite his rough demeanor and his tendency to bark at people, he still cared for his comrades at the Misty Mountain colony.
Five minutes of gunfire ensued, and he thought he heard some unfamiliar gunshots mixed among the torrent of lead hailing from the wall of guns that block anything nasty from entering the colony from any side. As things went quiet, he went out to check on the supposed bugs.
>>
>>151940878
What he found shocked at least a bit of the otherwise steely nerves that he had. On the ground in the courtyard, not far from the hayfield, laid sprawled the "corpses" of some alien mechanical things that vaguely resembled the bugs he'd thought they were. He went over and prodded one with his rifle, turning it over to reveal fist-sized holes in its carapace, opening up to complex electronics.
Just as he finished wondering "what the fuck", the thing let out a loud "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and lobbed up at him. Quickly he stepped back, shouldered his charge rifle, and ended the thing. Or grinded the machine to a hault. Guess the technicalities are up for discussion.
Double tapping the remains of the beings proved no issue, and the thing that had once been a carrier pod that had wrecked the room next to him had been reduced to smoldering steel slag. Considering a job well done, he went over to the saloon to grab a beer before heading back to bed. He remembered to set his alarm clock early, though. He wouldn't miss the faces of the others once they awoke to the carnage.

Just repelled a midnight Mechanoid raid with one dude turning on defenses and finishing them off. No losses at all. Really felt like writing it out.
>>
is there a discord where i can talk about/read rimworld stories
>>
>>151940878
>>151941068
Screenshot for reference.
>>
Can raiders get emotional breaks?
>>
>Animals randomly getting food poisoning

All my hay that's in with them still has at least 3 seasons before it spoils, what gives?
>>
>siege starts
>cunts walk leisurely to build their shit
>but it's volcanic winter
>in winter
>on ice sheet
>on axel
It's kinda fun to watch niggas drop, but I wish they brought their pristine undamaged clothes closer to my base.
>>
thisisfine.jpg
>>
>>151943194

Flashstorms are pretty high up on the list of shit the storytellers do purely to annoy the fuck out of you.
>>
>>151943194
how is your map so big?
>>
>>151943827
Advanced setup when you start a colony, never pressed it?
>>
>>151943827
1440p monitor.
>>
>>151943937
nope, sorry i'm at my second playthrough and i feel like the map i'm playing on is very small, i can't really zoom that much without seeing the edge of the map, especially with my base being fairly big
>>
File: slave.png (218KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
slave.png
218KB, 1366x768px
wew
>>
File: 2.png (695KB, 1014x757px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
695KB, 1014x757px
S-should I try it?
>>
>>151946286
That's a mod right
>>
>>151946428
Rimsenal storyteller that comes along in Hardcore SK
>>
>>151946428
New update.

Fucking pirates...
>>
>>151942098
Are they eating kibble? Otherwise, I dunno. Might be caused by dirt near their food but that's just speculation on my part.
>>
>>151946536
Nah I have the game on steam just haven't seen that. Must of been recent right?
>>
>>151946792
its a mod
>>
>>151946286
If you enjoy being raided EVERY FUCKING NIGHT, and like never getting diseases like gutrot, sleeping sickness, and infections.
>>
Raids become pretty trivial if you set up your defenses properly. Triple layer sandbags are OP.
>>
>>151942001
Yes happened me 4 times.
>>
>>151946286
24/7 raiding, have fun never bub
>>
Can Arctic wolves and timber wolves interbreed?
>>
what do i do after I land and make a room and stockpile zone
>>
File: url.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>151942001
I've had raiders woo one another while breaking down my walls.
>>
>>151950482
Get creative.

I also highly suggest some defense. Bad men are coming soon...
>>
>>151940119
rough is easy mode
>>
File: seaside_cabin.jpg (112KB, 780x614px) Image search: [Google]
seaside_cabin.jpg
112KB, 780x614px
on a scale of 1-10 how comfy would you r8
>>
>>151953032
>8 chairs at one table
>4 at the other table
>4 arm chairs
>2 beds
wut
>>
>>151953116

I'm just pissing about in god mode

>not having chairs for dinner guests
>>
>>151943532
flashstorms are fine. All the lightning drops in one spot so you can put it out fast. A drawn out dry thunderstorm will have half your colony mobbing to the 4 corners of the map putting out fuckmassive brush fires.

And that shit doesn't even come with an alert, it's just normal weather.
>>
>>151953721

Yeah, I was probably thinking of dry thunderstorms.

The last time I had one I was lucky enough that it started to rain the next day.

Dry thunderstorms, toxic fallout and beavers! are just really fucking irritating.
>>
>>151953032
Looks and feels nice but seems unprotected
>>
>>151953915
>not having two highly trained sheriff characters with sniper rifles

Beavers are good eatin'.
>>
>>151953915
I always send my death sqaud to deal with beavers. Good free food.
>>
>>151954073
>>151954171

Getting a Beavers! event while mopping up from other events is like having your smoke detector battery die in the middle of the night.

>I always send my death sqaud to deal with beavers. Good free food.

Everyone learns that lesson the hard way.
>>
>>151954073
>permadeath
>get 15-20 beavers
>they go manhunter at the first shots
>your two snipers die
>now they hunt your other colonists

beavers are no fun and just rng if they fuck you up or not.

i'm playing randy random extreme and you have to kill beavers if you do not want to lose a shitload of ressources.

one game they ate half the map before i noticed i didn't order to hunt them
>>
I think a nice feature to add would be water consumption

>just make it so it's a global resource that pawns drink from a bottle they carry around (making it so they have to drink water by picking it up from storage would be too fiddly and take too much away from time they should be working)
>Add storage devices like water towers/tanks
>Collection devices could be wells or on coastal maps desalination plants that pipe to a water tower/tank
>Higher temperature would cause your pawns to need to drink more

Does it seem to needlessly complex/fiddly?
>>
>>151955364
it sounds like disabling fast travel because the dev wants artificial difficulty and stretch out the playtime.

there is no benefit in doing it good. it's binary. either you have water or not.
compare it to food. you don't have enough you have to eat raiders to get debuffs for cannibalism.
you have enough, everything is fine. no mood buff or penalty.
you have more than you need, you can make fine and lavish meals or feed animals.

also isn't food not already enough shit to deal with?
>>
How exactly does low cover work?

Is it a negative accuracy modifier per tile of low cover in the line of shot or does it only provide cover if you are in an adjacent tile?

I'm trying to figure out whether or not shooting from cover reduces accuracy and whether or not you have to hug cover.
>>
>>151955364
At this point it becomes too much micromanagement. Why not pissing and shitting mechanics and waterclosets with a pipe system with complete sewer integration while we are at it.

Rimworld is close enough to the sims in some aspects, no need to make it closer.
>>
>>151956178
I'd like a little more micromanagement in some regards.

My chefs refuse to prioritize kibble.
>>
>>151956482
Non mandatory management shit is fine, like more tables and priorities and means to micromanage would be okay. But a new type of need like thirst would be too much imo.
>>
>>151956482
You need to move it up the bill queue with the little arrows on the left.
>>
>>151955364
>>151956019
>>151956178

I think water is important but as a gameplay mechanic it's questionable. Tynan is pretty good about balancing gameplay vs. having features just for the fuck of it (unlike way too many indie developers).

I wouldn't mind seeing a mechanic that deduces whether your kitchen/dining room has access to water. Perhaps a system where the kitchen needs to be close to a source of water, and cleaners get a buff when cleaning near a source of water.

It could be system where you have Wells (need to be in soil) with an area effect that sets to binary "has water access/does not have water access." Which would add one more complication to the mountain base folk. But you could build a Water Pump in a water source and piping to a collection Reservoir which serves the same water access function as a well.

That way the water is more about making sure your kitchen/dining has access rather than worrying about hydration.
>>
>>151956178

That's why I had reservations, I just wanted a bit more challenge added to playing hot biomes, especially deserts.
>>
File: 14.jpg (627KB, 1399x854px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
627KB, 1399x854px
:(
>>
>>151957032

Also, maybe drinking from the Well or Reservoir would alleviate the affects of Initial or Minor Heatstroke, or creates a temporary buff to heat insulation. So it can be situational.
>>
>>151957032
Really not into that desu, because then the question of the need of the plants to be watered arise, and the need of the animals to drink water, and the need to bath and wash your clothes.

And then we had clothing odor, human body odor and animal odor who all give buff and debuff wether they are clean or dirty. Also we now need to make the distinction between wet dirty and dry dirty and a dust mechanic that prevent wet dust from travelling in the air but is harder to clean when dry.
We can't forget mold, because where there's humidity, there's mold. That's where the fumigating mold remover (250w power usage) come into play, it must be linked with pipes to a Well and uses 200 plasteel and 5 components to build. It would be really important because too much humidity would cause roaches to appear, causing mood debuffs and 'sullying' your food supplies, causing further debuff if eaten/used in a meal.
>>
>>151956019
im this guys

>>151957032
and your idea sounds reasonable. you get a benefit for buildung and maintaining a optional system.
depending on what the system contains and how it works there could be situations where you have a bigger benefit in not building or maintaining it.

i'm thinking of a sense of upgrade. think of an area with few soil spots like a desert. that's an area where you definitly want water

now think of an area where you can grow whereever you want. maybe it's just easier to make a bigger field instead of building a watering system.

on the other hand it could be easier to maintain a waterin system if you are around 10 colonists. now it's a almost necessary upgrade to maintain a high number of colonists

but in the end i have to say, that's something completely different than your colonists having the need to drink water what was first proposed
>>
File: nuclear launch detected.png (1MB, 1363x729px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear launch detected.png
1MB, 1363x729px
>>151943194
>>
>>151955364
i think early to mid game would be a nightmare with something like this(before you build your main base, when you dont have much of how the events will turn out)
>>
>>151957443
I'm sorry.
>>
>>151956789
Let me rephrase. They refuse to prioritize kibble over cooking food.

Kibble's at the butcher table for some god damn reason which my cooks never go near unless I god damn tell them to. I already have it higher queue over butcher animal.

I've got 6 god damn pawns set for max priority cook and I'm constantly running out of kibble cause every single god damn one of them is making meals constantly.

I could increase the amount of cooks to more than my number of ovens, but then I run the risk of one of my more useless cooks ending up with no work since several can't clean or haul.
>>
>colony is impenetrable
>more food than can be eaten, 300 meals frozen at all times
>everyone wearing good clothes and high level rifles
>make so much money that I can buy organs and prosthetics from space traders

Life is good.
>>
>>151958948
I have only five colonists and my freezer is fucking enormous comparatively. I have 10 000 food and 200 meals because each time I have manhunters I butcher them all for their leather/fur and I end up with waaay too much meat.
>>
>>151959204
In comparison, I have 13 colonists. I've never had one die, though. 40+ raider graves adorn the outskirts of my colony.
>>
>>151958948
>solar flare+heat wave
>everything up in smoke
>>
>>151958948
space traders pass once like every fucking whole year in my game
why am i so fucking unlucky? i wanna sell some animals.
>>
>>151959876
space traders rate has been nerfed
I edited it back to 20 in the game files because fuck this shit

you can find a thread on reddit by googling if you want to reverse it
>>
Nests worth setting a farm up for?
>>
>>151960261
some guy yesterday posted a screenshot of his farm

didn't end well
>>
File: randyrandom.jpg (514KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
randyrandom.jpg
514KB, 1920x1080px
>randy random: extreme
>started with 2 colonists, assault rifle, survival rifle, 30 components and gun turrets researched
>blight hits the day before i want to harvest
>schmidt gets rebuffed all day long from rose
>her sister is found in an escape pod
>time to get rebuffed more

fuck i love this seed too much to not play on it.

>350x350
>dig into mountain
>backyard will get revealed
>thrumbo free treefarm

borreal forest may not be the hardest climate so i made climate clycle permanent
>>
File: wow.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>Sappers actually walked into my killbox
>>
>my prostophile sheriff pawn took damage in a recent fight
>have lost part of his left hand
>I just bought a power claw

I have a nice surprise for him when he wakes up.
>>
I just lost three tribe members because of one hit wonder faggot. One hit - One kill.
>>
>that market value

Jesus. Can't imagine how valuable it'd been had it turned out masterwork. Oh well, even my godlike crafter makes mistakes.
>>
>>151963285
a couch would've cost more
>>
>>151963716
Fuck.
>>
>>151941587
Hey, just FYI, making thick barracades out of sandbags / gravel doesn't actually slow them down any more than a single line. The speed loss is in 'climbing up,' not traversing.
>>
>>151963716
is the construction stat used with the crafting stat when building things who have a beauty value?
>>
Is Vancidium in vanilla, or is one of my mods adding it? I can't seem to figure out which one, if it is, but the wiki has nothing to say about it.
>>
Post some aesthetic bases.

All of these "rate my base that's just squares next to squares" are making me uncomfy.

If this next run goes well I'll see if I make my base look like it's not some random gen tileset.
>>
>>151964771
either prosthetic farm thingy or glitter tech
>>
>>151964882
>prosthetic farm thingy
Yup, it's this.
>>
Christ, how do you deal with infestations? Those things chew through whatever defense I have to throw at them and kill all my doods!
>>
>>151966607
They lose aggro fast and go back to the nests. Just put some boulders or sandbags in their way to give you more time to shoot, and have a solid door close by for your retreat.

Rince and repeat.
>>
>raid
>plenty of raiders in shock
>pick an choose the 3 best from their skills and traits
>melee the rest to death

I know it's necessary, but I feel kinda dirty doing it.

I know
>>
>>151967794
you're a babyman
i harvest their spine, lung, kidney, jaw, eyes, ears, nose, stomach, pelvis, liver/heart.
>>
>>151968364
I'd do that too if if weren't for the fucking mood debuffs. I've just gotten used to be a peaceful colony now.
>>
>>151968632
Just do a psychopath only colony my man. I would advice spawning with as much colonists as you would like to have midgame at the risk of making the game too easy because recruiting other psychopath is hard as fuck if you don't have designated blunt melee people.
>>
What do I need to do?
>>
>>151970101
Pls respond. No one can fucking haul
>>
>>151970101
It seems like they still haul when they need to build. This mechanic is just silly. No one should be unable to haul unless they are too old or too young
>>
>>151970101
>for weapons
Have people equip them and make them drop them on your stockpile

>for food
Yer fucked, just have a cook and he might have to haul anyway but you will lose a ton of shit outside to the elements.

>anything else
Train animals to haul, and try to melee some guys who can haul with blunt weapons next raid to ensure you'll have a designated hauler bitch soon.
>>
>>151970101
Click on the red x next to manual priorities. The rest should be self explanatory.
>>
>>151970263
Why the fuck do you not reroll your starters to take off dumb labor?
>>
>>151970518
You are a fagget
>>151970576
My starters are dead
>>
>it takes 40 real-time minutes of active crafting with a godlike crafter to make a charge rifle

crafting boost when
>>
>>151971242
>No toolboxes
>>
>>151964780

>having curves in a grid based construction system

Autism speaks
>>
>>151971780
That is with 2 toolboxes. 2000 work, 1 per second. Given, I play on the lowest speed setting always.
>>
>>151972017
Unless you're working with drafted pawns or micromanaging the shit out of something, you should bare minimum be on second speed at all times.
>>
>>151972017
>plays on lowest speed setting
>complains about things taking much time to be finished

professionell victim?
>>
>>151972203
I am consistently micromanaging the shit out of my colony. Also, it's more comfy that way.
>>
>>151972490
>I am consistently micromanaging the shit out of my colony
Set better work orders. You shouldn't have to outside of emergencies or certain niche cases.
>>
>>151972490
I've been watching let's plays of people using the lowest speed and it irks me to no end. Also:
>waiting forever for anything to happen
>comfy

more like boring
speed three sanic antfarm comfy masterrace
>>
>>151970753
2 of your starters came with dumb labor, unless you took the 5 spear chuckers. Then 3 of them did, which is stupid.
>>
File: nests.png (1MB, 1439x809px) Image search: [Google]
nests.png
1MB, 1439x809px
Post bases!
>>
File: basec.jpg (251KB, 1253x937px) Image search: [Google]
basec.jpg
251KB, 1253x937px
>>151973064
haven't played much more since

>>151962015
>>
>>151973064
>Quill18
>>
>>151973064
I am
>>151972490
1d 6h 13m playtime
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>>151973064
1 year with the Unga Bunga tribe.
>>
File: fuck off raiders.jpg (1MB, 1331x1501px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off raiders.jpg
1MB, 1331x1501px
>>151973064
I've obtained a few more sniper rifles, so I'll be extending my defensive line. I wish

My next playthrough I'm going to unify my shit into a single building, but my defensive perimeter will probably be conceptually similar. Although I'll upgrade from a simple box design to a start fort design next time and place the traps at the star tips instead.

This would also let me place turrets in the killboxes between the start points.
>>
>>151975241
>file name
>>
File: basec.jpg (302KB, 1277x937px) Image search: [Google]
basec.jpg
302KB, 1277x937px
>>151973352
>randy random: extreme
he hasn't send me a raid in ages. finally got my defense going. i fear he is up to something stupid
>>
>>151975527
top lel
imagine the guys dropping from space seeing this
>>
Which is the best tree to plant?
>>
>>151977370
tke
>>
>>151977587
Teak?
>>
File: ok.png (57KB, 949x765px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
57KB, 949x765px
someone take a look at this temperature and tell me what's going on. Did I make a godtier GOAT (poor) duster?
>>
>>151978146
>wool duster
>WOOL duster
>protects from 40 degree of heat

lmao
>>
File: s6upe64ravcx.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
s6upe64ravcx.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>151978146
Use this anon.
>>
Here's an idea for a scenario
permanent map conditions:
heat wave
flash storm

forced traits (all characters):
bloodlust
psychopath

I don't know if i want it to be tribe or colony though. you landed on a khorne world essentially
>>
File: ok2.png (48KB, 938x749px) Image search: [Google]
ok2.png
48KB, 938x749px
>>151978506
>>151978712
MOM, I MADE ANOTHER ONE.

Okay, so with >>151978712 's post, it appears that strictly wool clothing is broken as FUCK right now and giving awesome stats, including... electricity armor, and an incredible amount of heat armor? wat
>>
>>151979116
Pretty standard stuff, the electric part doesn't matter since you won't get hit by lightning too much and heat/cold insulation just ensure you can survive the toughest biomes.
>>
File: sleepville.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sleepville.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
oh hey I didn't know there was a general for this

have this screenshot from A13 with a horrible looking workshop/storeroom
>>
>>151979767
No you're not reading the temperatures. Look at how much heat/cool insulation the wool dusters are giving.
>>
>>151980514
By "standard" I don't mean "realistic", but insulation like that is needed in certain biomes so it's not weird it exists on well crafted wool parkas. It only seems broken to you because you aren't playing a super cold/super hot map.

And 100+ heat insulation especially helps if you are firefighting inside your base.
>>
File: meleeraid.jpg (227KB, 1191x803px) Image search: [Google]
meleeraid.jpg
227KB, 1191x803px
>>151976490
thanks randy
>>
>>151981523
Post results.
>>
>>151981523
rip them
cool looking defence setup btw
>>
Is there a way to change the temperature to Fahrenheit? It's confusing as a American.
>>
Why the fuck is 'poopy' an autogen nickname

This is the second time I've got it on a colonist
>>
>>151984591
literally in the option menu you fat burger man
>>
>>151984652
Neat.
>>
What's the hottest temperatures can get outside?
>>
>>151984615
someone paid real money to put "poopy" in the name list

that's why
>>
>>151985206
What a hero.
>>
>>151978993
I'm surprised psychopath's only drawback is no social buffs. You'd think they'd go ballistic.
>>
>>151985149
I'd guess 50 or 60 on desert during heatwaves.
>>
File: Bob Goddamn Sapp.gif (3MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Goddamn Sapp.gif
3MB, 260x195px
>>151939325
FIIIIIINALLY. Couldn't tell you how much I hated having to un-bond my animals to get them to stay fucking put while their owners rush to the front line of a raid.
>>
>>151985687
Jesus glad I never start in desert.
>>
>tfw marriage is just an excuse for organ harvesting because the rebuffs are countered.
Sacriel is getting a new heart.
>>
So I have a pretty neat base in this game but I'm awful at making silver, any tips? One of my guys is level 14 crafting just need to figure out what's cost effective and all that.
>>
>>151986186
Make parkas, fur and leathers are better than clothes. If you can grow year-long plant a shitton of devilstrand somewhere and make parkas out of that exclusively. Statues out of marble sell the most out of all the rock type (not sure), and if you can't be arsed to have someone be constantly on working boulders you can make them out of wood but they don't sell for enough to make them worthwhile imo.
Harvest organs, use the cryosleep casket you find or build to put injured raiders, and get them out and heal them to sell them when a slaver ship comes by.

That's pretty much it.
>>
File: mountain.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>151964780
did my best
>>
>>151987086
>tfw only recruiting psychopath and condemned to never have an artist

What the fuck with this room with all the statues man?
>>
>>151987257
I put the greedy one there, and she still isn't pleased.
I stopped trying to make her feel good though, because she married an ascetic, so their bedroom is just sorta impressive
>>
>>151987471
kek, that's dumb, that room looks pretty dang rich
>>
>>151986186
plant cotton and sell cloth armchairs. Buy alpacas as soon as possible, breed and use their hair to make more armchairs
>>
>>151987825
Are armchairs worth more than parkas?
What stat do they use to make, construction or crafting?
>>
File: the worst marriage.png (1MB, 2532x768px) Image search: [Google]
the worst marriage.png
1MB, 2532x768px
>>151987471
>>151987730
yeah, it's pretty ridiculous
>>
>>151981693
didn't take pictures, sorry.

usually if the enemys attacks from the top they go to the left and only 1-2 split up to the right. this is because on the right are 2 granite doors for each entrance

>kept the granite doors open because i hauled stone chunks and wood
>forgot to close the doors

it gets worse

>forgot to turn on turrets
>all my colonists are on the left
>enemys go trough the right to the solar panels
>only noticed it when they were at the top of the last screen
>go through the indoor potatoe farm
>by now i have 2 assault rifles, 1 charge rifle and 1 survival rifle
>it was enough that frog only suffered 1 melee attack
>they guy with the spear goes down
>kite them to the muffalos
>fighting in the barn and try to pull my colonists behind the livestock
>actually win the fight

i got like 4 solar panels and the gun turret destroyed because not all raiders got pulled.
colonists only suffered from stabs and cuts.

didn't check on muffalos because they don't have to walk anyways.

>>151981809
thanks!
>>
>colony slowly growing
>no problem with defending raids
>no one died or lost a limb yet
>everything going well
>defenses have their own battery thats off the grid because I am getting zzzt all the time
>suddenly get attacked by 10 man eating wargs
>they are already behind my defensive line
>realize I missed the notification, didn't have time to turn on the power for the turrets and they are already starting to chew on my colonists
>try to pull them to my turrets while switching the power back
>two wargs were still a bit behind, and they arrive just in time to block my colonist that was trying to turn on the switch
>he dies one cell away from the switch
>another colonist dies in the doorway as he was trying to get to safety
>door remains open, wargs swarm the rest of the people
>everyone is dead
Goddamnit how did I not see them or the notification? Now I am thinking about savescumming. Never did it before, because the game isn't fun for me without the stress of it, but I would like to actually finish for once
>>
>>151989262
I tried to play it like a gud but i suck and I don't derive any enjoyment from failing like a bitch so when I make stupid mistake that I could have avoided I savescum.

Missing a notification is legitimate savescumming territory.
>>
File: 1419420475633.png (71KB, 188x196px) Image search: [Google]
1419420475633.png
71KB, 188x196px
>>151988174
>three doors in a row with the middle one closed

do you know how much this tickles my autism?
>>
>>151989262
do not savescum. just don't.

i had my savescumming time and almost lost all the fun about playing the game
>>
>>151987825
neat thanks. I have two alpacas one is pregnant, so that's good.

Also
>recruit colonist with shit stats
>One of my colonist with amazing stats had heart problems
>transplant from shit colonist to save his life
I feel dirty.
>>
>>151989574
it's actually 2 doors, but they bug out in the middle
it bothers me too but such is life
>>
>>151989262
I only savescum when I make really stupid mistakes that destroy my base, i don't savescum to avoid events or anything like that though.
>>
Any ways to combat toxic fallout? I seem to have a character who is immune to it for some reason which is neat. I guess one thing that's nice about it is all the free food.
>>
>>151990984
It irritates me that none of the grass or plants grow back in the center of the map.

It's been years know and everything around my base is a desolate waste.
>>
>>151991182
Yea that sucks, at least you have the option to plant trees.

>>151989961
Turns out half my colonist hated the person I harvested and I got a mood buff for letting her die, neat.
>>
>>151991182

>menu
>options
>enable development mode
>exit options
>go into game
>open debug actions menu on top
>tool: spawn gras seed

i feel like the developer really wants you to leave the planet
>>
There a mod where you cut open a prisoner, plant a ticking time bomb inside them and send them back to their faction to blow some of their shit up?
>>
>>151992347
I need this
>>
File: NO SOLICITING.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
NO SOLICITING.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Rate my defenses.
>>
File: wat.jpg (12KB, 489x55px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
12KB, 489x55px
>>151988894
>Rose is a young woman who loved to collect old machinery. No days goes without her talking about what amazing things she got her hands on.
>One day she got invited to explore some ruins on a planet from the first colonies. With her knowledge she should help to figure out how the humans lived on this planet.
>When the Space Ship initiates the landing phase and wakes up everyone from cryptosleep something goes wrong and they crashland.
>Only she and Schmidt survive.
>Schmidt is a Mechanoid Nerd and share some interests with Rose. While they build up a temporare settlement he tries to create a romance between them.
>Rose constantly rebuffs him.
>Schmidt constantly wanders in daze from the idea that the only woman on this planet doesn't want to sleep with him
>An Escape Pod has landed.
>Its Frog, Rose's sister.
>They quickly rescue her and nurse her back to health.
>She joins the both because there are no other options
>Schmidt desperately tries to sleep with Rose and Frog now. One of them has to give in with the time
>They don't.
>Slowly communication to other crashlander gets etablished but they are from different expeditions
>One of those groups visits our settlement of 3
>They bring some goods and Slaves
>Roses eyes cross with one of them. It's a young male rebel who grew up on the planet. It's Eumel
>Eumel explains his story about how he explored crashed ships in his childhood.
>His family had a herd of Muffalos. Some intergalactic war was fought out above the planet
>There was sentinent Mechanoids on the Wreckages that were unable to move due to the crashlanding
>The tribes get bonded with the Mechanoids and decide to join them to live as one hivemind
>Eumel decided to rebel against this. After a fight grow up he got banished from the tribe and enslaved from the first outlanders he met
>Rose buys Eumel so that she doesn't forget why she is her and can work on her goal
>After some time, Rose falls in love with the young, strong and tanned Eumal.
>>
>>151995602
Easybrasures/10

You might as well play basebuilder.
>>
>>151996012
>One day Rose and Eumel casually eat Dinner together and share a bit more of their history
>Rose thinks that this moment is very romantic and tries to seduce Eumel
>Eumel insult her and tells her to fuck off with her machines and that he would never want to live with someone who uses technology
>Rose can't handle the situation and tries to hit Eumel with her bare hands
>'I didn't buy you out of slavery to get rejected from you when i want to fuck you! You are MY SLAVE!' Rose says
>Eumel knocks her out with one hit and drags her to her bed.
>He leaves to finish his meal

this. fucking. game.
>>
>>151996341
arent embrasures actually less protective than the standard sandbag/wall/sandbag/wall defense
>>
is there anything to be gained from centipede/cyther corpses? besides the centipede weapon of course.
>>
>>151996612
They break Melee AI badly and trivializes half the raids in the game. And it depends on which ones you use, there's at least half a dozen out there with some ranging from sandbag tier to 90% cover
>>
>>151996737
You can dissemble them for plasteel, components and regular steel at the machining bench.
>>
ground fault circuit interrupters or some kind of circuit breakers should be in this game without mods

how practical is having the ability to maintain a network of automated sentry turrets but not have the mental capacity to hook up a simple breaker box

tynan what are you even doing
>>
So attacking traders is generally a bad idea right? It's really tempting.
>>
Is there a way to get a colonist back after he has been kidnapped by dickshit raiders?
>>
>>151999206
If they gave you everything they were selling then it would be fine.

>>151999512
I've seen ransoms sometimes. But at ridiculous costs of silver.
>>
>>151999752
They do, if you attack there pack animals. Really bad penalties with the faction though, you gaurentee they won't be coming back to trade.
>>
>>151996454
Rose rape Eumel when
>>
officially one week into toxic fallout, well this sucks. Hanging in there though.
>>
File: base.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
base.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
tfw your refrigerate looks similar to your college refrigerator.
>>
>>152001396
Had a 2 week toxic fallout as well as a 1 week heatwave in the middle. Was actually the hardest thing I've had to deal with. Fuck raids or sieges
>>
>>152002327
I'm just terrified to send people out unless it's sparingly done. It's a real bitch, it's realy stunting my growth I'm lucky I had a indoor farm and geothermal generator already set up. It's killed every animal on the map,
>>
>>152002592
Yeah, I was terrible with micromanagement since I had a ton of colonists. It got to the point where on the last couple of days people and animals would leave their rooms and instantly be downed, luckily I had a few people who could last out there long enough to save them.
>>
>>152002803
I made a zone around the house and restricted all the animals and colonist to it. Helps with the micro but means I have a lot of idles and I'm constantly switching the zone restrictions around.
>>
>>152001816
>butchering animals in the dining room
I feel sick
>>
>>152003543
Oh that's why, well shit. This is my second playthrough man still learning some stuff.
>>
For the anon who didn't want mood hits due to harvesting raiders, etc. organs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zqjh8roglnsjjk/a14Organthoughts.zip?dl=0
>>
>>152004258
NoBadOrganThoughts

Made for those who love surgery mods, this one nullifies the "organ harvested, sold prisoner, prisoner died during surgery, etc..." thoughts so you can keep on at it.
>>
>>152004258
>>152004409
>mods are cheats
I hate this meme, the mood bonus is there to make it hard to do, play the game properly and find a method to counteract it.
>>
>>152004608
This.

If you could just freely harvest organs without mood rebuffs or needed a specific trait to avoid it would be hilariously OP, organs sell for a ton.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (16KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
16KB, 320x180px
>Butcher a raider from a faction
>Make a fine meal out of their meat
>Forbid it so no one will eat it
>Contact that faction
>Sell them the fine meals
>Laugh as they unknowingly eat their friends
>>
>>152005614
That didn't happen. You can't trade or contact factions that hate you.
>>
File: 1469247268058.jpg (8KB, 320x229px) Image search: [Google]
1469247268058.jpg
8KB, 320x229px
>9 colonists
>1 Thumbros
>Thumbros master gets tag teamed by bears
>Thumbros goes into rage and attacks rest of colonists
>Wrecks everyone
>Kills the bears
>Ends rage as soon as everyone is dead/down
>Goes to sleep
>Dies from infection
>Incapacitated colonists also die from infection
>mfw everyone died in the span of 3 hours
>>
I'm not sure if 50 degrees celcius outside in a forest biome is exactly realistic game.
>>
File: dhrumbo xDDD.png (15KB, 735x752px) Image search: [Google]
dhrumbo xDDD.png
15KB, 735x752px
>>152007558
Thrumbos are not funbros
>>
>>152004069
it's about the AESTHETIC

that's why you put the chopper in the giant walk in freezer with concrete tiles
>>
>>152007893
that planet must be really close to the sun
>>
Should I raise Cassowary or Cobras?
Desert world.
>>
File: hunting with war crimes.png (141KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
hunting with war crimes.png
141KB, 247x247px
>>152007558
>using bears instead of hellfire
Well there's your problem right there.
>>
>>152001816

>fridge is half alcohol
>butchering meat in the dining room
>only potatoes
>living in radioactive fallout
>pet bear with his own bedroom

CCCP/10

Khrushchev approves, comrade
>>
>>152008992
Cobras. The one thing you'll never run out of is human corpses. They are also worth a ton compared to how quickly they breed, up there with Terriers and Cats for a pet industry.
>>
>>152009591
>only scientist is working in a dark bunker somewhere
>more generators than people
>tiny awful flats
I think you're onto something
>>
>>151989519
>>151989831
>>151990242
I only savescum when otherwise a colonist would die, when I'm finishing something precious to sell if excellent+, when bad events happen or dry thunderstorm.

Did I mention I play on Chillax basebuilder?
>>
>>152009664

So butcher humans for kibble?
Too bad I don't have any psychopaths or cannibals...
>>
>>152009761
>Storing Uranium in the same place as food
>Nonsensical Geothermal Design that can't decide whether to trap the heat or disperse it.
>Sandbags as perimeter with turrets permanently on.
>Prison cell has a working communication console.
>>
There's a faction with -70 relations with me, and yet they aren't hostile. How do I change that - either to make them hostile or improve relations?

inb4 they throw epithets when I call them.
>>
>>152010261
when they send traders to you attack them
>>
>>152010162
>more than half of the population is unemployed
>fridge is filled with potatoes
>7 people have to share a tiny table
>heat generation and dispersion is incredibly inefficient
>>
>>152010146
>>152009664

Welp fuck.
I have hospitality installed. After buying the cobra eggs, the merchant gave me 8 cassowary eggs because he enjoyed his stay.

Fuck.
Well, I do have a shitload of hay... Should I keep a couple of them too?
>>
>>152010146
You don't have to butcher the corpse, they'll eat them raw
>>152010713
You can keep them if you don't mind growing hay and dandelion for them. Kill the males and leave the females. They are terrible at egg production though, you might just wanna butcher them.
>>
File: why2.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
why2.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
This is always how it ends
the spiral of shame
>>
>>152011278

The thrumbos have come to eat your trees and watch you die.
>>
File: maybe.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>152011465
wait..
>The grizzly bear self tamed
>>
>>152012128
Let the mighty beasts fight
Maybe the bear gets a lucky crit in, you can sell the thrumbo parts, and joy and prosperity will flow to your colony
>>
what's the ideal map size to play on for you guys?
the largest size gives me like -10 fps while fast forwarding at max and fully zoomed out lol
but that's not why am asking this, but which size is the pereferred one to play on long run?
>>
Just captured a raider I had imprisoned and released early in the game, really neat.
>>
>>152013117
standard
>>
>>152013117
Larger maps=more resources. So larger.
>>
>>152007558
i actually killed a thumbro with 5 colonists
4 of them are ranged, one of them is melee
all i did was run around my other 4 ranged colonists with my melee (i micro'd their position as i moved my melee character around them so they wont shoot each other)
it worked perfectly desu
>>
>>152013117
i'm playing 350x350 because i think it's stupid being close to the map border
>>
>>152013117

On Deserts I play 300+

On more dense maps I usually tend to just do 275
>>
Which traders buy armchairs? I can't seem to find anyone that wants to take mine.
>>
File: footfag meme drop.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
footfag meme drop.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
why does this keep happening

is it because wooden feet are the cheapest item that's not a resource?
>>
File: 1293262009925.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1293262009925.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>feeding the wildlife
>grizzly starts hanging around
>pretty sure it's just here for human flesh
>kibble
>>
>>152009591
wew
>>
How do you guys lay out your animal feed? Should I worry about stacking new hay ontop of old hay?
>>
File: malk.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
malk.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
>cargo pod falls to earth

>it's full of milk

what are they trying to tell me
>>
>>152015753
You're being seeded
>>
>this guy does nothing except bludgeon small animals to death in the front yard all day

At least the bear is being tame, How do I feed it corpses?
>>
File: dickhead.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dickhead.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
>>152016504
captcha ate my pic
>>
>>152016614
>art 1

a true warrior poet
>>
>>152016504
Leave it in a freezer and restrict it to that area.
>>
>>152015095
Bulk & Exotic traders.

>>152015173
Probably, I got Eyepatches and Ear bandages as well

>>152015663
Hay lasts for 4 seasons, don't worry about them expiring.
>>
>>152016614

>I have no mouth and I must punch
>>
>>152013367
I killed 3 thrumbos with 1 colonist with 2 shots.

Get gud scrub.
>>
So is this one of those games that's shit without mods?
>>
>>152019302
No. This isn't Skyrim.
>>
>>152019302

I play on vanilla and love it.
>>
>>152019302
The game is fun without mods. However, modding is easy, so plenty good mods out there.

(I'm currently messing with the XML, by the way.)
>>
>>151942098
Food poisoning or throwing up?

Pregnant animals throw up randomly.
>>
so, these space refugees who come from cargo pods, i heal them and they just fucking walk away, and i could really use some of them(they have good stats most of the time)
is there any way to recruit them or they'll always just walk off the map like nothing happened?
>>
>>152019826

Capture them and then Stockholm Syndrome them.
>>
>>152019583

Straight up food poisoning, happened to 4 animals of two different species in the span of a couple days.

All they have access to is Hay and it's all 3+ seasons till spoiling.
>>
Are you guys interested in some mods? I did a bunch of changes to the base files to test gameplay, but I wouldn't mind packing them into a proper mod file.

List:
>Grass spreads faster 3.5x faster. Terrain was getting too barren too easily.
>Batch cook 10 fine meals - time and ingredients required are proportional, but it helps to avoid micro-hauling
>Slightly buffed muffalo wool (60 wool / 15 days) and milk (4 milk / 1 day). Now two muffalos produce the same as one alpaca and one cow, but the work required is a bit higher.

I'm also planning to add pickles, jerky and cheese*. They're mainly for compact storage - they stack up to 100, preserve well and don't distinguish between veggies or meats**, for a clean freezer.

* rip-offs of https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24473.0
** of course hay and human flesh are NOT valid ingredients. If I add human flesh jerky, it'll be as another recipe.
>>
>>152019302
The game works well without mods, though they definitely add to the experience.
>>
>>152019907
captured and tried to recruit when he had full health and natural mood
"recruit failed! 0.99% chance"
yeah fuck that i'm not going to waste time on that shit i'll let him fuck off
>>
>>152016614
>Vlad Cannon
wow
>>
File: l e g o.jpg (98KB, 1138x751px) Image search: [Google]
l e g o.jpg
98KB, 1138x751px
We did it boys, after about 8 close calls with masterwork ones I finally got a legendary.

>>152020595

Batch cook would be amazing, right now I have to queue up 3 stoves and cooks just to keep my stockpile level. I hate having to make 3 people waste half a day every day just cooking.

I wouldn't mind a mod/fix that allows devilstrand to be grown in hydro basins again, doesn't seem right that I can't grow mushrooms underground.
>>
>>152020898
Tomorrow I'll pack it for you then, 4AM here. And since your main problem is too many cookers needed, I'll make the recipe be a bit faster (4/5 of the time) than 10 normal recipes.

Regarding the devilstrand change, I'll do it too. It's easy. I think Tynan did that because people got really pissed at them dying after solar flares.
>>
>>152021212

Yeah I can understand the change, it didn't make sense from a normal gameplay point of view. I just find it really bothersome from an aesthetic point of view that I can't grow them in an indoor or underground location.

Maybe in the long run they could be tweaked to be a little more interesting, perhaps requiring darkness to grow or something odd.
>>
>>152020657
Either your social skill is bad or he was at 99% recruit difficulty. That's unfortunate, the two I rescued from the pods were 65% and 750% difficulty, was getting around 10% chance when I tried to recruit.
>>
>>152010519
>>152010162
>>152009591
I feel like I should be defending my base, but I honestly can't stop laughing
>>
>>151945505

> Social +6
>>
>>151945505
>+2 cooking
ffs tynan
>>
>>152021942
>>152020657
Recruit difficulty represents the maximum chance you can roll with 99% difficulty = 1% chance to recruit. It's not that bad though because recruiting is the best way to grind social XP
>>
what trees should I grow in the desert?
>>
Is it just me or is Randy Random on Extreme fucking boring?

He doesn't send me anything. Feels like nothing is happening. If he fucks me up it's in the second season, where my defense isn't up
>>
Wow this game has changed a lot since I backed it like 2 years ago.

Still looks promising.
>>
>>152022445
I want to be recruited by Emmie
>>
>>151985618

A psychopath is simply someone with fucked up morals/ethics. It's not a "bat-shit-insane" scenario you've painted yourself from watching too many movies.
>>
>>151943194
>>151958342
How do you get these damn fine choke points?
Also, I can't test it right now, but does this game have cloud save functionality?
>>
>>151985618
A psychopath is a mere lack of empathy, not insanity and bloodlust.
>>
What's the best course of action when dealing with a pyromaniac colonist while on their fire spree? Arrest them and release them? I hate these inconsiderate pieces of shit
>>
>>151987929

Pretty sure anything that isn't made at a crafting station uses the construction stat. But I've only played this game for a week so don't quote me on it.
>>
>>152025587
>Also, I can't test it right now, but does this game have cloud save functionality?
Yes it does
>>
>>152025647
Throw them into the blender
My guys don't have time for his bullshit
>>
>>152025981
But muh debuffs
>>
>>152026010
You could amputate his arms, then he can't start fires anymore
>>
>glitterworld commandos
>barely half a year into my permadoomgame

DO I DO I LADS
>>
>>152026084
Don't I need advanced technology for that? I got fucked early on because the first colonist that joined was pyromaniac
>>
>>152025647
I just position and arm/rearm a firefighter near him.
>>
File: glitterworld commandos.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glitterworld commandos.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
>>152026373
*do it

forgot pic
>>
>>152026435
No, I think you can do amputations without research or mods, check out the operations tab under health
>>
>>152026526
Always yes. Do it every time. Suffer the consequences.
>>
>>152026592
i fagged out

sorry kyle ;_;

i bet he's useless at everything except for fighting and/or melee thanks to him being a "soldier" anyway
>>
File: philip.jpg (13KB, 565x437px) Image search: [Google]
philip.jpg
13KB, 565x437px
>>
File: screenshot175.png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot175.png
2MB, 1360x768px
>>151964780
>>
File: work.jpg (161KB, 886x627px) Image search: [Google]
work.jpg
161KB, 886x627px
>>151964780

My attempt an an aesthetic crafting room. When I build up the courage I want to fill the racks with power armor and high end weapons.
>>
>>152028238
pawns walk over the benches right

that's why i don't like putting benches in the center of rooms

nice mini pathway tho
>>
>>152028121
cute as fuck.

Makes me wanna do a tribal run. Tips?
>>
>>152028304

They can walk over benches and through the equip racks so I guess it doesn't matter how you lay them out. I just wanted to make neatly laid out equipment racks for my gear so it was easier on the eyes.
>>
>>152027005
People don't actually die when you refuse to help them.
>>
>>152028358
Refuse all cold-lovers if you're not in an ice biome
Fucking heatwaves man
>>
>>152028482
They do if they bleed out.
>>
>>152028726
I've refused many people related to my colonists and never once got a mood debuff.
>>
>>152028935
Indeed. You don't get mood debuff but they can die.
>>
>>152028482
they die in my headcanon

>>152028479
yeah but they slooooow pawns down which ruins efficiency
>>
How the fuck do I play Hardcore SK?
>>
>>152030249
with an anal buttplug
>>
File: NOOOO.jpg (198KB, 1768x950px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOO.jpg
198KB, 1768x950px
Fuck this game.
>>
what the fuck is the point of keeping these stupid prisoners if no one ever wants to buy them
this game NEEDS MORE FUCKING TRADERS
they pass by once a season if im fuckng lucky what is this
>>
I need a fucking guide I get buttfucked on cassandra rough permadeath
Can you guys recommend a youtube video or a written guide or something?
>>
>>152032516
lmao what difficulty are you playing on
>>
>>152032518
I agree that treaders beside the main colonies should appear and they should have specializations.
>>
>>152032681
The game is just very fucking difficult
Keeping mood up is vital, so build big individual rooms, big dining room, big rec room, have fine meals, have good clothes, have light, have around 21°C
>>
I just found a neat little exploit. The quality of an item is generated when it is finished, so if you need something to be masterwork, just save when there's like 10 work left and keep reloading until it becomes that.
>>
File: NOOOO — kopia.jpg (467KB, 1768x952px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOO — kopia.jpg
467KB, 1768x952px
>>152032778
Extreeme Randy

Now this gona be gud
>>
>>152033031
shit what did you expect
>>
>>152033031
what's your colony wealth
>>
i just realized my muffalos consumed like half of the beer stock i had
they were all drunk and need to be rescued
seems legit huh
>>
>>152033338
I may have stolen few amazing statues and killed some traders in meantime.
>>
>>152033640
I have a squirrel that keeps binging beer and puking everywhere. Even while pregnant. Irresponsible little fucker
>>
>>152004812

I don't use those mods, but to be honest, selling a prisonner slave should give a mood debff. It's one of those thing Tynan did I hate, like your colonists are some pure and protected flowers who want to live in beautiful castles with 10/10 bedrooms regardless of their actual background.

Also mood debuff because someone who came to kill you and rape your face is dead? Come the fuck on.

Organ harvested mood loss, i can understand since it's gruesome as fuck.
>>
>>152033729
I agree. Also we need buff "Working with a friend"
It seems relations have only bad sides now.
>>
>>152033031
>dev mode
fuck off polack
>>
>>152009091
Isn't this the way to destroy quite a lot of Thrumobs body though? Its fur is worth a lot.
>>
>>152028479
It does look super smooth one way or another. I like it.
>>
Giving a godlike crafter two bionic arms and eyes is a good idea, right?
>>
>>152036026
Obviously. I'd prioritize my artist though.
>>
seeing how open maps with few mountains will gimp you on metal do plasteel plants in Vegetable Garden seem balanced enough between being too easy to gain metals and being too hard?
>>
>>152033729
If you interpret the debuff a bit more broadly it makes sense. Maybe the pawn isn't sad because
>someone who came to kill you and rape your face is dead
but just because of the fact that someone came to kill you and your face in the first place
I just think of it as a reaction to the event. It would be strange not to have any mood change after a fight to the death after all.
>>
>>152036540
But it already exist in the form of "stranger died". It really doesn't make sense that someone who was a soldier, a tribesman, or a mercenary feels guilt when people are executed.

Why not implementing PTSD if you want to fuck the colony over some more with 'realism'.
Pawns are all hypersensible little bitches when they are supposed to be survivors making do and scrapping by, and that's dumb as fuck.
>>
>>151939286
ye its good
>>
How good is Hardcore SK modpack holding up? Last time I played it on 2.5 version. Is the balance of pack still fine?
>>
>>152036391
Nah, I don't like the gorrilion level of crop types that are introduced which clashes with the art style. I'm using Industrailisation for my late game plasteel needs since it requires substantial investment before you can get the Deep Drill Mine going and get freer access to Plasteel, Uranium and Gold.

>>152036776
Nah, stranger died is only for neutrals. I haven't seen it on my colonists when they are gunning down tribals by the dozen. I'm pretty sure that Tyran is planing on introducing more traits to make certain pawns less of a wuss but you can't deny that not everyone will be happy when you sell living humans to become organ farms or kill them by cruel and unusual methods even if they tried to kill you earlier. They might even be slave armies considering they try to kidnap your colonists to swell their ranks.
>>
>>152037163
>kill them by cruel and unusual methods

So euthanize doesn't give mood rebuff?
That's good news.
>>
>>152037396
They give a tiny amount, -3. Weird that you can do it instead of executing them which gives -5.
>>
>>152037482
Well, euthanize only works on injured, so you have to botch an operation first to be able to do it. Not sure though.
>>
>>152037396
>>152037482
euthanizing in this game is bullshit, it should give -1 debuff at most, since it's moral n' shit. tynan is just forcing his own view on the subject.
>>
>>152037559
I'm pretty sure you can do it at any time unless that's an EPOE option. Regardless, you can cheat the organ removal by installing and removing peg legs.

>>152037708
-3 is tiny, drinking a bottle is more than enough to counter it.
>>
>>152037708
you're a fucking retard, it's never not going to be uncomfortable to have somebody die
>>
>>152037708
Sure. If your colonists all have sociopath trait that'd be fine. Otherwise people dying around you is quite fucking depressing for socially functional human beings.
>>
is there a reason to give money to other factions other than being at least like 0 with them? you guys think improving relations further will increase help or anything?
>>
Stuff I want:
Machines/hamsterwheels that make electricity if you put colonist/animals on them
Fences
Breedable animal traits
Kids
More buffs/rebuffs
>>
>>152038583
They will be more likely to send you help and I think trade more. You can also burn them to get emergency reinforcement but its totally random how strong they are.
>>
Is there a way to speed up wool production?
>>
>>152038682
Is it really random or does it scale to your wealth like everything else?
>>
>>152039912
make your pets eat grass grown from rich soil

also keep them under sunlamps
>>
This is my first cassandra rough playthrough that seems to be going well, but how do I get prepared for bug infestations?
>>
>>152041173
Will building walls help?
>>
>>152041173
This >>151967494
Also limit building in mountains or replace the cave walls with actuall walls, and leave one square space behind them so they have less chance still spawning inside your base.
>>
>>152041580
So I have to wait till they spawn and then build sandbags while they attack? Doesn't seem like I 'll be able to pull it off
>>
>>152041762
The idea is they spawn outside your walls, or at most in one of your room (if you are in a mountain, they only spawn in a previously dug area. Lure them out, shoot, flee, wait for them to lose aggro, come back and repeat. They aren't that hard if your have okay weapons and your colonists can shoot. I'd recommend grenades if they are outside your base.

Also they don't attack you first, except if you are very close to them, they react to being shot, or having a hive taking shots.
>>
>>152032991

>not playing on permadeath

Faggot.
>>
>>152028682
good heavens. that's exactly what happened to this tribe. heatwave, no cooling tech, not even clothing tech for dusters.. everybody died.
i'm not savescamming normally, but this time i tried four times to save them. they're all dead now
>>
>>152041996
So I should build walls instead of having these natural walls?
>>
>>152042125
Like I said, build walls, and leave a one square space behind them "outside" your base that the game will see as 'was dug in' because there will be spawning there first if your walls are constructed and you have a floor that is either smoothed or covered in some way (rug, stone blocks etc).

These are my observations, not totally sure but works for me.
>>
>>152033714

>Irresponsible little fucker

Says the master who keeps letting him go near the beer..
>>
>>152033729

>Organ harvested mood loss, i can understand since it's gruesome as fuck.

How is selling someone as a slave that much better?

I do agree that selling a raider shouldn't be as much of a problem as selling a space refugee.
>>
>>151939754
>It's being updated and not every mod is completed to use in alpha14
Such sad times.

Btw what should one need to mod the game apart from C# knowledge and notepad++?
>>
>>152042725
Those people literally came to kill you, you could legit torture them but you're handing them over for money and not seeing them again. You really need the trait "hyperactive imagination" to cause a moodloss. Your colonists are busy all the time working or dodging death and should be tired at the end of the day, how do they find time for all these moral quandaries to get in their heads is beyond me.
>>
>>152042306
Seems like a good idea to put fire traps outside the wall then
>>
>>152043364
they could as well be spawning anywhere else you mined once so it's for you to see if it's worth the investment
I had infestastions far enough from my base that when I missed the message I didn't realize it until a few days later
>>
>>152015181
>One bear hanging around my tribe
>Starts hunting one of my female colonists
>Made her run but was almost impossible
>Then almost at the peak of his death the bear stops attacking and go eats potatoes
>Bear self tamed two days later
Such is the life in this harsh rimworld
>>
>>152025384
Actually, while psychopath and sociopath are generally used interchangeably, where differentiated psychopath means exactly that.

Sociopath simply means someone with no empathy. Or in other words a sociopath is a high functioning psychopath.

But it's kind of a hawk v falcon scenario; it depends on who you ask.

I'm assuming you don't mean the schizo batshit insane you also see in movies of course.
>>
>>152042306
>>152043364
>>152043564

The bugs will spawn on any place with an Overhead Mountain tile. Walls, floors and dirtiness doesn't matter. The best insurance is to place incendiary IEDs in bed room corners and make sure the sleep somewhat close to the exit. Once they spawn, just bolt out the door and forbid it. The bugs will eventually wander on the IED and set themselves alight and then cook everything the room.

If you are playing a winter map, just expose them to freezing temperatures and they will die quickly.
>>
>>152034819
All you have to do is station firefighters nearby and priority break down a wall and extinguish the Thrumbo as soon as it goes down.

It passes out from heat stroke fairly quickly so it doesn't take that much damage.
>>
>>152044127
fugg
I'm glad I build mostly outside this time around, having to torch your base on purpose doesn't sound fun, especially later on when there's a lot of spawn points.

Tynan really hates people turtling huh... He's a bit annoying like that with his MUH VISION. Having tons of critters that can appear anywhere in your base is OP as fuck in the game's favor.
>>
>>152044127
oh shit ok then
>>
>>152044127
Is it a good idea to put fire foams as well? Or will they nullify the traps before they kill the bugs?
>>
File: be cool.png (315KB, 831x584px) Image search: [Google]
be cool.png
315KB, 831x584px
>>152043663
>Trying to tame a bear
>Fail after fail
>Ok no time for this!
>It self tamed 2 days after
Love they can haul!
>>
>>152044592
I built just my bedrooms out of wood, so they can catch on fire and kill the bugs. The other parts of the base are made out of stone.
>>
>>152044795
It's like they miss having one of your colonist feeding and talking to him day after day.
>>
>>152044592
The main thing that kills the bugs is heat, the fire will usually die out if it can't spread to other bugs. Put a fire foam in places with a ton of wooden and flameable stuff but otherwise leave it clear of the traps. The bugs may try to tunnel out but you can usually see them and start shooting or repair them to lock them in.
>>
>>152044795

Wish you could rename them, since I have Wojac the Ammo Bear in my colony now.
>>
>>152045608
Wojac is a great name for a bear. Name sounds like Wojak means person who fights
>>
>>152045750
Mine is named Aletta
>>
>>152045750
Mine was Catastrophe, mother of 5 Polar bears and her consort Strife. I had her fully augmented with bionics so she was sprinting faster than a cheetah and have night vision.
>>
>>152046219
prosthetic mod?
>>
tfw winter is over
tfw I am probably gonna get raped by mental breaks or bugs pretty soon on permadeath
>>
I 've just realised that torches keep the room warm during winter. Nice
>>
>>152046470
>cooler exhaust vents into one square

oh shit what are you doing
>>
>>152046728
Is that a problem? The square is 125c lmao
>>
File: 1470428770592.jpg (87KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470428770592.jpg
87KB, 582x600px
>3 random hares killed my best hunter
>hares
>>
Just realized you can change storyteller after the game has started. Thank fuck.

I'm never playing Phoebe again.
>>
>>152047049
don't worry once your cooler catches fire the temp will equalize :^)
>>
This bitch was sleeping there since the start of the game and she doesn't give a fuck
>>
>Already have 8 Alpaca from breeding
>Trader shows up selling 7 more

Should I?
>>
File: 2016_08_17 17_27_46.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016_08_17 17_27_46.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
This guy is having a pretty rough week.
>>
>>152046358
A dog said's the mod
>>
>>151958652
Make meals until X, not forever. Idiot.
>>
>>152049110
thanks man
>>
File: ollyphont.jpg (75KB, 927x829px) Image search: [Google]
ollyphont.jpg
75KB, 927x829px
look at these poor motherfuckers
>>
File: 2016-08-17 17_24_47-.png (2MB, 1904x1029px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-17 17_24_47-.png
2MB, 1904x1029px
Cheesing with deep water is fun.

Do you have any seeds with deep water next to a mountain?
>>
If I'm looking to breed animals how exactly do I go about creating bloodlines that will keep breeding with eachother? Since animals can't reproduce with their own family how does this work now?
>>
File: neptunia_092.jpg (94KB, 422x416px) Image search: [Google]
neptunia_092.jpg
94KB, 422x416px
>Fertility Pump
LEWD.
>>
>>152049776

>tfw no alcatraz playthrough

Great, now I want to spend hours looking for the perfect map
>>
>first time sappers raid
>1 gets instantly destroyed by mortal
>the second one tries to throw grenades, gets shot
>the third one melees my tamed boomrat (didn't end well)
>the rest escapes
literally easier than tribe raids, thanks for charged & sniper rifles and power helmets.
>>
File: 354px-Wojtek_soldier_bear.svg.png (22KB, 354x400px) Image search: [Google]
354px-Wojtek_soldier_bear.svg.png
22KB, 354x400px
>>152045608
>Wojac
Close enough
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)
>>
File: 2016-08-17 17_58_41-.png (19KB, 365x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-17 17_58_41-.png
19KB, 365x333px
I'm trying out the recommended mods for the first time. I'm excited, after reading the pastebin - and a little frighted about possibly breaking the balance hard. I'd hate for the game to become too easy through the new mechanics. Especially the indoor soil worries me.

Wish me luck!
>>
>>152049483
I accidentally ran my meals to near 0 because I had simple meals set to not use meat due to a massive excess of fruit vs meat and I forgot to change the setting back when I ended up having a massive excess of meat and no fruit toward the end of winter.

I keep it set at until 200 for both fine and simple meals.

And even with 6 chefs I only gained a few meals a day to my stockpile so it was the same as making meals forever for probably the next year...which was a good thing since most of my chefs couldn't do dumb labor and I was end game.

But it's a moot point, since I've started a new playthrough. No more shitshow pets that can't hunt for themselves. My starting animal is a warg and I'm going full beastmaster.
>>
>>152051798
Indoor soil from Vegetable Garden, that is. Also, the embrasures sound OP as fuck.
>>
File: k.jpg (28KB, 348x328px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
28KB, 348x328px
protip: smoothed floors have better stats than 99% of other floors in the game (gold tiles are the only exception)
>>
>>152052276
what the hell
>>
>>152052276
That's stupid. Wooden floor is way better looking and more comfy than some cold ass stone floor.
Tynan is gay.
>>
>>152052276
You'll still want to use sterile tiles for your hospital
>>
>>152052441
Fuck you, smooth floors are the best thing ever. Have you ever walked a smooth floor? Felt its sleek touch, licked its serene polish?
>>
>>152052716
In hallways, sure. In rec room and dining room and bedrooms fuck no. Cold, uncomfy, shit. Give me wood and rugs everytime.
>>
>>152049021
We all do anon, we all do.
>>
>>152052276
>Not using the More Floors mod
>>
File: dididogood.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dididogood.png
2MB, 1366x768px
FUCKING PIRATES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
how do i get good ?
>>
>>152051931
Embrasures are OP doesn't matter what others say, if you don't know this at this point you are a newbie. Remember that those who use embrasure are cowards who should just play in basebuilder difficulty.
>>
>>152048501
Alpacas are such a good investment id say yes.
>>
>>152053425
Play more, change tactics, use common sense my man.
>>
>>152053425
>no sandbags
>no defenses of any sort.
>>
>>152053935
i was doing fine with pirates until i got raided twice in a 10 hour spam
>>
I refuse to believe that the fact I get an infestation, a prison break, and a psychic ship RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY COURTYARD within THREE FUCKING DAYS is rng. The game must be designed to punish when things go too well.
>>
>>152054117
Yeah because the raids don't grow as you fight them, gee that's so stupid.
>>
>>152054852
Oh yea it does, but it has breaks after it fucks you over. I got toxic fallout for two weeks and then heat wave was pretty awful.
>>
>>152053935
>no defenses of any sort
Until late game trees work just fine if you can into group tactics.
>>
>>152055293
Which he obviously can't
>>
>>152054852
The game sends challenges based on your wealth in Cassandra Classic. More wealth=more likely to get your shit fucked.
>>
>>152055426
>>152054887
you guys are MEAN. i'm to kick this game's ass, just you wait
thanks for the help btw
>>
>>152055601
Does it change much if I change to Phoebe?
>>
File: 1392556953753.png (193KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1392556953753.png
193KB, 500x421px
>killboxes are fine
>funneling a million faggots into a kill zone full of traps then watching them die like the shitty loot pinatas they are while your colonists are busy sipping martinis in a jacuzzi is fine
>omg embrasures op might as well play base builder
Reminder that if you don't play with zero defenses and arm your colonists with anything other than shivs you might as well play base builder.
>>
>>152055902
Yea 4chan makes a person reply angrily to small mistakes.
>>
>>152056556
I just grew used to reply this way.
>>
>>152056339
Embrasures are modded into the game with the express purpose of making it easier. At least sandbags can be climbed over and don't give a gorillion defense. Fuck off retard
>>
Are there any known seeds colder than axel?
>>
>>152056956
you're mom
>>
Does RimWorld have any extreme sexual content?
>>
File: 20160817112131_1.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160817112131_1.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck is this fire coming from the sky I have delt with it for 3 days now and then a fucking onslaught starts hitting everything flammable who thought this was a fun mechanic?
>>
>>152057882
No, someone should do some kind of mod for that.
>>
>>152057882
>>152058226
Holy shit do desperate autists want sex in literally every game they play? Even if it has shit graphics?
>>
File: 20160817112510_1.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160817112510_1.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>152058223
Well now I know what it was, that is the end of this run
>>
File: puking.jpg (41KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
puking.jpg
41KB, 600x407px
>>152001816
I feel sick to my stomach....
this should be the next *disgusting* meme
>>
>>152058907
Well my colonist seem happy enough. Mainly because I keep the fridge stocked with alcohol.
>>
>>152058401
Any game can be made better with sex
>>
>>152058401
Dude it adds realism, you could rape your female prisioners for a mood boost for the males in your colony but a debuff for the females, you could even add kids to the game which shouldn't be that hard if you just use the animal system and tweak it a bit, think about having the kids of your prisioners and sell them as slaves, there's a ton of things you could do.
>>
>>152058401
I dont want the rape thing those /d/ fags want, I just want to be able to have families in my colony.
>>
File: 294100_20160817134209_1.png (1MB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
294100_20160817134209_1.png
1MB, 1920x1018px
holy shit i'll make chairs all day long everyone buys these
>>
>>152059748
Amazon Futas when?
>>
File: 15.png (917KB, 1243x753px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
917KB, 1243x753px
I'm gonna be blamed for this, aren't I?
>>
Can you be gay in this game?
>>
>>152060530

Yes
>>
>>152060530
You can have gay colonist
>>
File: 16.jpg (407KB, 974x791px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
407KB, 974x791px
>>152060428
RIP In peace, brave warriors
>>
>>152056850
>what is a european 14th century castle?

Embrasures are realistic, deal with it faggot.
>>
File: 17.jpg (543KB, 1381x767px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
543KB, 1381x767px
>>152060624
Its the fucking end
>>
>>152060129
Idk why the system think im spamming for fucks sake.
This could be another thing Shemale which would have a bad relation with any man that isn't gay and they could have relations with any women and only gay males
>>152060530
Yes, they can marry and get some love going.
>>
File: 1469896619273.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1469896619273.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>152059119
>>152001816
well, since you asked (sort of) I'm gonna trow in a list:

> that many fucking coolers all over the place making no sense at all
> badly placed vents
> what are those generators even doing there
> double wall on the reactor but not the freezer or base
> shitty bedrooms
> clothes on freezer
> steel floor
> dat terribly optimized sunlamp farm
>>
>>152060754
>Castle
>Has tall af walls
>Has ways of dealing with them
>Embrasures
>Fucking holes in a wall and with a ceiling
Yeah they sure are the same thing anon they sure are.
>>
File: 18.jpg (518KB, 1359x760px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
518KB, 1359x760px
>>152060798
Nevermind.
Guns > Elephants
>>
>>152060973
My point is that it's way easier to shoot from one than to accurately shoot in one.
R E A L I S T I C
>>
>>152060925
I need those generators to power everything. As for the rest who the fuck cares it works fine.
>>
File: embrasures.jpg (281KB, 1829x1365px) Image search: [Google]
embrasures.jpg
281KB, 1829x1365px
>>152060973
Ok, not the same anon but you triggered me!!!
fuck off retard!!!

they are really good and exist in real life, also in WW bunkers,
the only bad point is that the game AI doesn't know how combat with them, they completely ignore people indoors shooting through holes
>>
>>152054852
>just got solar flare in middle of winter
>then eclipse right after
>my whole base entirely power by solar panel
At least everything was still all fine until toxic fallout happen.
>>
>>152061418
The embrasure in combat realism A13 got me more colonists shot and killed than actual sandbag, I doubt they are as OP as that anon made them seem to be.
>>
>>152061058
sweet place you have there
>>
Is it cheating to assign pawns traits based on whatever personality you write up for them?

Do I overthink my pawn's lives way, way too much by giving them their own little backstories to flesh out whatever I chose for them in Prepare Carefully?

am i autistic

Also, is Filk acceptable music for listening to while playing this?
>>
File: Colwyn2.jpg (1MB, 1918x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Colwyn2.jpg
1MB, 1918x1076px
>>152062298
Here's an old picture of my colony, i've posted it a few times before.
I would give you an up to date one but i JUST closed the game.
>>
>PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
If you absolutely need an item to be the best available quality, you can save your game when it has like 10 work points left and then reload if the quality is too shitty. The quality is decided upon completion.

Pic related.
>>
>>152061058
rescue some!
>>
>>152062449
>you can savescum to get better results
no shit faggot
>>
>>152062404
You got really lucky with those geysers
>>
>>152062060
>Expecting a babby that relies on killboxes to be any good at the game.
>>
>>152062565
Well, fucking excuse me for exploiting the mechanics of a game where the creator keeps punishing players more and more for each update.

At least I play vanilla and don't mod it to be easier.
>>
>>152062449
I just make one super human with 20 in every stats and super passion on all of them

of course I stop playing that once that demigod die from trying to help his m8 from mantle breakdown who happen to carrying a shotgun
>>
>>152062449
That's why I like coming to these threads, get some great base building stuff to steal. Nice base btw
>>
>>152063165
Meant for
>>152062404
>>
>>152001816
>>152061407

You know you could replace at least half of those heaters and coolers with a couple of vents.
>>
>>152060754
yet the game so far was not designed with embrasures in mind thus the ai does not know how to deal with embrasurs.
face the reality.
>>
Guys if you have problems with random people sitting in your rooms - you can turn off gathering option on table.
>>
>>152063165
Oh, thanks. Have a full shot. Don't mind the blood, had a recent infestation and a psychic ship crash in the courtyard.
>>
>>152063931
I like the green area you made.
Man this game BEGS for fences
>>
Do any of you guys using Combat realism mod?
I feel like it add more headache than fun after awhile.

I mean ammos thing was cool for a bit but then turn into a chore realquick

not helping that the mod is being discontinue either.
>>
>>152063391
Yea this is the first base with electricity and the works I've built. Still learning about a lot of this stuff, didn't even know about vents until late in my playthrough.
>>
File: 3yearsofcuck.jpg (299KB, 1280x940px) Image search: [Google]
3yearsofcuck.jpg
299KB, 1280x940px
>>151996454
>Rose and Schmidt are Lovers
>Eumel throws a Party because of that

Schmidt got rebuffed in the beginning of the game ALL THE TIME. he spend all his time in the first year either getting rebuffed or being sad wanderer
>>
>>152064921
>development mode is on
uh oh i used it to spawn grass seeds because shit doesn't grow on its own
>>
File: Marriage again.jpg (250KB, 1768x992px) Image search: [Google]
Marriage again.jpg
250KB, 1768x992px
>>152064921
Make a place to marry! And lets rejoice!
>>
>>152056850
>making the game easier
>when you can already shit on every raid via kill zones and traps
Honestly embrasures only allow you to change gameplay from fucking around with kill zones and shitting up the game with traps to allowing you to go full battle of normandy and defend head on against attacks.

I don't understand whats the problem with them. The don't seem to defend better than sandbags or bug the AI in any way since I had my shit shot up thru embrasures plenty of times.

As for melee enemies its either embrasures, shit up the game with 1 gajilion dead fall traps in tight areas, or get fucked because your idiots are gonna start shooting each other in the back while Jamal and his amazing butter knife+shield combo is stabbing you in the balls
>>
>>152062769
I stopped playing with embrasures and I'm doing better, so kys.

>>152063640
That's a good point, embrasures should be implemented in the game itself with proper AI pathing and reactions to it.
>>
>>152066407
>Implying I was talking about embrasures
I meant trap filled killboxes that trivialize the game
>>
>>152066537
And I was actually defending embrasures. They aren't OP because as you said the enemy can rely on range instead of simply walking into a killbox. But I'm currently playing with too few colonists for this to be an option.

With embrasures one good enemy sniper will fuck you up.

But at the end of the day there's always a way to cheese it until your inevitable doom.
>>
I think I just discovered a little trick. When you put your dumping zone at your choke in front of your defenses your enemies walk slower if the dumping zone has stuff in it
>>
>>152067820
Welcome to kill boxes anon
>>
>>152060530
After a billion rerolls I got a lesbian married couple as my starting colonists.
>>
>>152067949
How come they can shoot through the wall? Or are those mortars?
>>
File: 1466558274127.jpg (26KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1466558274127.jpg
26KB, 280x280px
Insulate your power grid from blowups. I have a backup solar circuit with a 4000wd capacity. I just flick a switch if power production runs a little too low, and then flick again when normalizes
>>
>>152068956
The zzzt event is bullcrap and there's a mod that allows you to research fuses. Zzzzt is one of those events that's only there to fuck you over and don't make logical sense. I can craft fucking power amors but can't build fucking fuses? Get out of here Tynan.
>>
>>152069216
you posted earlier about this didn't you
>>
>>152068694
Those are sandbags: Glitter Tech edition
>>
>>152069423
Nope.
>>
>install Glittertech
>day 3 a trio of Orion soldiers drop in from orbit in end game gear with 180% move speed mods and all their equipment is high quality to boot
>I have a pistol, a rifle, a shiv, and a mace and almost no clothing
>no defenses set up
>all of 4 rooms dug out in my cave base
Who thought this was a good idea?
>They rushed blind into my bedrooms one at a time and got caught with shiv and mace from the front and progressively better guns from the back
>1 bullet wound and 4 bruises across all my pawns
That worked much better than it had any right to.
>2 of them survive their injuries and immediately escape from prison the second they can walk
>repeatedly
Is this an AI bug?
>>
File: Ragnar Lodbrok style.png (215KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnar Lodbrok style.png
215KB, 357x412px
Well this is working well.
>>
The last three traders I've had has been tribesmen. I have 100k worth of items to sell. Space traders are rarer than thrumbos.

Did the dev intend on making trade useless with the last update?
>>
>>152070129
Either bug or randy random, it's not supposed to happen.
>>
For some reason, my hops are being stored in the normal-temperature storage room. I want them stored in the cooler. Why would they do that? I can't find hops in the storage menu! Halp, /vg/! You're my brewery's only hope!
>>
>>152070342
Trade frequency dropped to 2 from 23 or something. There's a thread on reddit if you don't know how to make the changes back.
>>
>>152070362
I'm doing Cassandra Challenge.

Was them appearing at all a bug or is Glittertech just this hard?
>>
>>152070651
Them appearing. Pretty sure the only way you can get those guys early on is by rescuing someone who is "pursued by elite commandos of death" at which point you say no and are relieve they aren't here for you.
>>
>>152070523

Hops are under raw material iirc.
>>
>>152070823
Well fuck me. Hopefully it was a one off and my difficulty scaling isn't borked.
>>
>>152070651
I want to play without making the vanilla game easier.

Guess I have to suck it up. It's fucking retarded, though.
>>
File: 1468983957825 (1).jpg (37KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1468983957825 (1).jpg
37KB, 600x399px
>>152070987
Thanks, brother!
>>
Prepare carefully is pretty much mandatory for me though I do use houserules to keep from abuse. It just saves such much time cycling through pawns (oh this guy is useful oh wait he has cataracts and a bad back). The age events make it even harder. I had guys who had 20 shooting suddenly get two cataracts. All my best (and coincidentally oldest) fighters became senile old cripples in the span of several years. I absolutely hate random joiners especially when they have relationships (spouse/child/sibling/lover).
>>
>>152070342
It's a distant planet nobody gives a shit about. Of course you aren't getting that cargo ship full of valuable goods and cash to buy stuff from your sweatshop.
>>
>>152064921
What's your "bedroom size"? Are those 5x7 bedrooms?
>>
When everyone's dead is there any hope that someone will arrive and join?
>>
>>152073859
Yes
>>
File: 450c869ecc.jpg (206KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
450c869ecc.jpg
206KB, 1366x768px
Holy shit this was one hell of a start

>Spawn in
>Look around the map, see room with cryopods and 2 hives
>Room was already open probably because of ship parts in the upper left corner(deconstructed 1)
>Send hunter in to deal with hives right away
>Accidentaly shoot cryopod and 6 hostiles with superior guns come out
>Deal with all of them but one
>Last one kills my hunter
>Immediately after that the pet I started with goes manhunter

Pretty hardcore
>>
>>152075291
Your pets can go manhunter? Shieeeeeet
>>
>>152075529
Pet was bonded with the hunter that died, so that's probably why it went manhunter
>>
>>152075753
Another mechanic that doesn't make sense. Attacking enemies sure, attacking the friends of your master? Lulno.
>>
>>152076250
I'm starting to think the dev guy has no idea about human and animal behavior.
>>
File: 20160817213937_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160817213937_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any way to encourage raiders to come into my box / dissuade them from attacking my geothermal?
>>
Do I pay the 300 silver once or everytime I want to trade with a faction on the comms?
>>
>>152076670
If you're talking about the gift then you need to keep sending them silver until you have better relations with them, each 300 raises it by like 15 I think
>>
>>152076492
He does a lot of things right, but he loves artificial difficulty events too much.

>>152076670
No, but not having vents would help to have it not being destroyed. You could also double wall and double door it so that you'd send them fleeing before they'd successfully break in.

You don't need vents if you leave one square space as you did.
>>
I hope we get coastal/beach maps and fishing sometime.

Building a walled fisherman's village along a beach with a lil' wooden fishing dock would be maximum comfy.
>>
File: johnmadden.jpg (545KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
johnmadden.jpg
545KB, 1920x1080px
>>152076608
Doors are weak ingress points, raiders will target those over walls, that's why they're getting in your geothermal enclosure, also remove the roof there, you don't need it.
>>
File: Screenshot (22).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (22).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
r8 my castle

Floor tiles were done with godmode, but before I god moded them in they were all wood, with carpet roads.
>>
>>152078325
No turret run?
Bretty good, but you could use the medieval mod for added fun and a real moat.
>>
>>152078282
Ahh, that doors thing makes sense, thanks. Originally just had the 1 wall to protect the power conduit, only just added the seond, never occurred to me that the door was "outside" it.

I read somewhere that if your colonist is under a roof they get a minor boost to cover because they're in a "dark" area. Not sure if it works, but I don't see any harm in having it there.
>>
>>152078325
What's the room full of grey blocky things at the bottom, to the right of your main storeroom?
>>
>>152078739
I just see that you have some kind of vent thing there, unless you're shooting from that spot there, get I'd get rid of it, it'll save you some of those steel resources
>>
>>152079027
Looks like armory shelves.
>>
>>152076608
I followed an anon's adviced and put like two or three walls on it, tho I don't know why I put the comm station there too
>>
>>152078552
Nope, no turrets. I actually have the medieval mod are there moats? is it in security?
>>
>>152077668
You can get a coastal start. I started on a plain next the ocean and there was coast on the lower part of the map. That was a fun play-through (until a massive firestorm burned down my base and the survivors were finished off by a native horde).
>>
>>152078325
>godmode
0/10
>>
>>152079027
That would be the armory.
>>152079683
;^(
>>
>>152079472

Oh shit really?

I've started on a couple maps next to ocean tiles and got no water. I'll have to keep an eye out for that!

I'll probably be abandoning my current run since both my colonists have 0 social and can't recruit for fuck and Cassandra isn't giving me any new colonists despite only one of them being able to FUCKING HAUL OR FIGHT FUCK YOU YOU BITCH
>>
File: Screenshot (23).png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (23).png
4MB, 1920x1080px
oh fucking boy
>>
>>152080048
Is that a mod? I've never seen raiders go medieval on my ass.
>>
>>152080048
>AK-47 vs bandits
>>
>>152080209
medieval mod lad

>>152080048
looks dank but how the fuck do you avoid getting wiped out by getting all melee against those guys?
>>
>>152059880
>I dont want the rape thing those /d/ fags want, I just want to be able to have families in my colony.

Children will literally never happen.

This game is all about dying in horrible ways. If they add children, then either you can kill children and keep the spirit of the game intact, which will prevent Tynan from legally selling the game in a number of countries, or children will be invincible (ala Fallout) which totally shits on the entire premise of the game.
>>
>>152080403
>AK-47
>>
>the legendary minigun my crafter just made has an engraving from when a psychic ship crashed in the middle of my base and 3 minigun wielding Mechanoids came out

The title is "Terrifying scorpion". Neat.
>>
>>152080209
Those are medieval knights. >>152080403
>AK74S vs 20 dudes with spears and plate
>>152080501
You hope your walls don't fall, and pray just like in real life.
>>
>>152080583
Fucking hate children. Can't even murfer them in my video games. Little shits.
>>
>>151938591
>games DRM free
>no links in OP

What happened to4chan
>>
>>152081002
>Not supporting a actually well made game in a industry of trash
Kys
>>
>>152079320
How are 3x3 bedrooms working out for you? Do colonists not get upset?

I've always gone for 5x6 to get "average size", but looking at other people's bases it seems like it may be a bit of a waste
>>
>>152079156
Ah, the roof over the geothermal is to protect from lightning strikes, now you've mentioned it I'm also doubting whether it's really necessary...
>>
>>152081221
Most people just take the mood debuff.
>>
>>152081176
>paying 6 hours of wage cucking for a game I'd probbly hate

Yeah, no . Sick of falling for these "This indie/early access game is so great, everyone should get it!" , only too buy it and turns out it's shit and everyone stops playing a week later.

But seriously, all the uploads Ifind are a year+ old :(
>>
>>152081002

I like how not only do you feel entitled to play the game without paying, you also feel entitled to us gifting it to you on a platter so you don't even need to perform any effort at all in pirating it.
>>
>>152081562
So because I can't afford the game which doesn't physically exist and copys can be created for free, I should never play it?

Giving it to me free hurts NO ONE, because I would never hvae bought it otherwise.

Stop acting all high and mighty because you won the life lotto
>>
>>152081509
eat shit
>>
File: Screenshot (24).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (24).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
One dude got his fucking arm cut off. Most of the injuries were friendly fire. ffs.
>>
>>152081695
at least dont be so proud about how you're pirating stuff
jesus christ whats wrong with you
>>
>>152081695
enjoy never playing with mods

also

>being able to fork 30 bucks
>having won the life lotto

retard
>>
>>152081509
>Yeah, no . Sick of falling for these "This indie/early access game is so great, everyone should get it!" , only too buy it and turns out it's shit and everyone stops playing a week later.

96% positive rating on Steam
All of the listed reviews have 20-100+ hours played

This game is pretty much "early access" in name only at this point.
>>
>>152081695
>p-pls gib free gaem
Fuck off and learn how too use google.
>>
>>152081773
Play better lmao.
>>
>>152081221
I just brace for it, since I get beer and high quality food, my people barely wink
>>
>>152081949
If it has no drm, then I should have no trouble with mods. Unless they're scumbag lying devs on their website.

Oh am I right? Baby gonna cry because he got blown the fuck off? Yeah baby go cry, baby gonna cry? Awwww loook at the lil babby.
>>
File: Screenshot (25).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (25).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>152082040
was literally getting attacked from every side of the castle, with not enough manpower. friendly fire was half me being bad and half shit ai, i admit tho

our latest cripple was the main sniper and only female. rip
>>
>>152081695
>Stop acting all high and mighty because you won the life lotto

Perhaps you'd find more success in life if you stopped acting like a demanding, entitled little shit.
>>
>>152082240
>u mad
You can put some effort in to this.
>>
>>152081695
Get a fucking job you welfare grubbing entitled piece of shit. Or kys
>>
>>151938591
put "guts and glory" instead of "fisherman" for keks.
>>
Reminder to keep turtles away from your predator pets.
>>
>>152082240
i literally got the game because I had trouble finding all the old mod version on my old pirated game version so

yeah
have fun
>>
>>152082590
Turtles are tanky as fuck in this game
>>
>>152081509
I felt the same way. I bought a few early access games and was nearly always burned. I've been playing rimworld near since the beginning (I pirated it). When it came out on steam I felt I owed the developer something for all the hours of enjoyment I got. I was honestly surprised how good the latest version of this game is. I don't regret buying unlike a lot of other games *cough XCom 2 *cough.
>>
>>152082240

Mods tend to never be compatible with older/newer versions of the game. Its just the way the games made.
>>
>>152082590

You should save her.
Give her a bionic eye.

Have a badass cyborg cat.
>>
>>152084004
I actually tried, even gave her a bed but the cunt just ate one of my wolf puppies so I put her down and fed her to the rest
>>
>>152084302
You probably shouldn't put a wild animal in a room puppies can access m8.
Shame though.
I'm going to give my entire army of snakes bionic eyes when I get a chance.
>>
I've gotten my colony so comfortable that even harvesting 3 organs from a prisoner and killing it at the same time doesn't put any of them in a poor mood.

Gotta wait for the debuffs to expire before doing it again though.
>>
File: flavortown.jpg (16KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
flavortown.jpg
16KB, 240x255px
>>152084790
for what purpose
>>
>>152084790
>not giving your army of snakes breast implants
It's like you don't want snektits.
>>
>>152085294
>My face when 2 of my 3 colonists are "Feeling terrible"

I fucking HATE this shit.
>>
>>152082243
I feel you.
One dude named Blue lost a leg because another couldn't aim with his pila.
One pila shot his leg clean off. had to give him a peg leg.
After that he was constantly hitting on Braga who also had a peg leg.
Got rebuffed all the time. Poor Blue.
>>
File: 38450275[1].jpg (39KB, 150x209px) Image search: [Google]
38450275[1].jpg
39KB, 150x209px
>get raided
>colonists sucessfully waste raiders
>check stats
>nothing good
>3 out of 5 shot dead
>2 dying
>nurse one back to health and kick them out naked
>use the other to train my medic
>harvest lung
>harvest kidney
>install denture
>install pegleg
>and another
>remove pegleg
>install pegleg
>mfw my doc hits lvl 20
Who /Josef Mengele/ here?
>>
>>152085545
Joy should always be a priority.
>>
>>152085749

Friendly fire is the funniest shit.

My one-eyed medic from my previous save got her leg shot off by friendly shotgun, and an arm cut off by a friendly ballistae (medieval mod), and lost her jaw after a roof collapsed while she was burning corpses at a furnace while the constructor was making changes to the wall layout of my wall defenses.

Makes me laugh every time.
>>
File: 1b3.jpg (29KB, 647x843px) Image search: [Google]
1b3.jpg
29KB, 647x843px
>500 potatoes land in front of my fridge
>>
Alpha 15 info:
https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/08/features-preview-of-alpha-15/
Unstable branch available to download.

Might want add this to OP.
>>
>>152087327
>all my mods gonna be incompatible
>not prepare carefully
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>152087327
>deep drilling
aw yisss tynan

>Chance to spring known traps is reduced from 2.5% to 0.4%.
Reeeee
>>
>>152087327
>drugs added
Added new drugs system. It’s not just beer any more!
Drugs typically create up to four effects:
High – The valuable short-term effect, whether it improves mood or work focus or combat effectiveness.
Overdose – Excessive drug usage in a short time can build up blood toxicity, leading to unconsciousness and possible death.
Tolerance – Long-term usage of a drug can build up a tolerance which makes subsequent usage less and less effective in producing the high.
Addiction – Drug use can form an addiction. This generates a new need for the drug which the pawn will try to feed regularly. If the need isn’t fed, the pawn will develop withdrawal symptoms (low mood, reduced consciousness). Eventually withdrawal will pass and the addiction will go away.

Added passive cooler building. Made of wood and low tech, it cools a room for a short time. Good for passing heat waves as a tribe.
Added a ‘copy building’ tool which lets you quickly select the designator for a building through an existing copy of that building.
Beer production now takes several stages: Colonists make wort (unfermented beer) at the brewer table, then leave it in fermenting barrels for a while, after which they can harvest it as beer.
Infestation can now only spawn under a thick roof.
You can now request traders by calling allied factions. It costs silver.
Friendly fire chances reduced by 60%.
Added a message when food spoils in storage.
Fix: Pawns don’t get ‘catharsis’ mood gainer thought after a mental break.
Fueled generator consumes fuel faster and holds less fuel.
Plant sow and harvest are now slower.
Debuffed fists.
Hundreds of other balance changes, text fixes, redesigns, and bug fixes.

basically everything good in the update
>>
>>152087402
>not going with first rolls
ez mode much?
>>152087776
honestly the ability to call traders is the best change
>>
>>152087327
>Deep drilling
>Drugs
>Brewery makes fermenting barrels instead of straight-up beer
>Emergency coolers

Fucking neat.
A shame this'll break every mod I have probably.
Wonder how fast these modders usually are at updating their stuff.
>>
I hope drugs don't become something necesary
>>
>Added passive cooler building. Made of wood and low tech, it cools a room for a short time. Good for passing heat waves as a tribe.

what did he mean by this?
>>
The art descriptions are some of the beat shit in the game. Never fails to crack me up.
>>
File: 20160818005700_1.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160818005700_1.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
And here i feared he would simply drop dead after a few days.
But except for eating a lot slower, a missing stomach doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>152087327
>Friendly fire chances reduced by 60%.
CUMMING
>>
If I get the alpha version will my save be compatible with the version that comes out? It looks really good
>>
File: 1407375904634.jpg (63KB, 550x448px) Image search: [Google]
1407375904634.jpg
63KB, 550x448px
>>152090152
Faggit.
>>
>>152090505

Nope.
Alpha versions are pretty much never compatible.
>>
>>152090595
Well shit.
>>
>>152090590
When will this become a trait? Nanomachines or something
>>
Any downsides to putting joywires in all of my colonists?
>>
>>152090973
Prostophobes will still get small debuff but it is outweighted by the joywire.

If you can afford it, go for it.
>>
>>152090973
>>152091162
Doesn't it drastically lower their efficiency or something?

>>152089680
It's completely your call. Just like beer. I've yet to produce a single bottle.
>>
super beta alpha download where
>>
>>152091289
Beer is great for those quick mood boost but once the addiction mechanic is added I'm sure my entire colony is going to become alcoholics.
>>
>>152090973
It lowers consciousness, which is used in pretty much everything. Only do it for extremely sad cunts that won't stop whining.
>>
>>152091486
It's not a significant amount.
>>
>>152091486
>>152091731
I guess it wouldn't matter as much on a guy with all bionic parts.
>>
>>152089862

>He seems to have lost a shoe.

Fucking brilliant
>>
File: sheer heart attack man.png (12KB, 409x367px) Image search: [Google]
sheer heart attack man.png
12KB, 409x367px
>>152089873
oh dear
>>
Are charge rifles really that great to be that late game? I want an honest opinion on the weapon.
>>
>>152094104
Depend if you mod. I think assaullt rifle have a better accuracy though?
>>
>>152087327
>Still hasn't added in a prepare carefully-style screen/addition

Please for the love of fucking god, even if it's limited, just please.

PLEASE fucking let us customize our first guys. It saves so much fucking time not having to random them. Shits sake, at least let us pick from a category of "This guy can generally do X and has traits to support it" type thing, even if it's somewhat random.
>>
>>152094104

Their accuracy is kinda shit but they do a lot of damage and its a quick 3 burst that has a pretty short re-use time.
>>
>>151943194
>>151943532
>>151953721
A flash storm started a fuck ton of fires and one of them burned through an ancient structure. 2 scythes B-lined my base and killed everybody, 4-5 hours of work wasted.
>>
>>152094104
Not really cause their range is quite low, you want a mixture of different range options for different threats
>>152094402
Accuracy depends more on quality and most high quality weapons can reliably hit things at the range they are designed for.
>>
File: this is like my japanese mangos.jpg (186KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is like my japanese mangos.jpg
186KB, 1280x1024px
>pick the two people start
>it's a gay MILFY scientist i roll
>go with it
>then roll a religious teen girl

Don't be lewd.
>>
>Robbaz made a rimworld video

welp expect the fanbase to get bigger boiz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_clYQHsn0A
>this is the video, not trying to advertise, don't click on it if you don't want to give him views
>>
>>152097223
>rimworld
>twitch
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>twitch
>>
Why does sheriff exist
>>
>>152097275
not sure what you're trying to say
>>
>>152097275
You ok, man?
>>
>>152097223
>phoebe chillax on the thumbnail

lower than the lowest casual scum
>>
>>152097334

For the same reason that Minstrels exist

organs
>>
>>152097407
>>152097401
What next? fucking dwarf fortress?
>>
>>152097275
>>152097464
are you attempting to point out that you think streaming a game like rimworld is ridiculous? because people stream dorfs too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCnq3YdEnpk
>>
File: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!.jpg (7KB, 255x253px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!.jpg
7KB, 255x253px
>>152098139
Reeeeee
>>
Fuck climate cycle. First tribe I've had that was actually getting close to surviving and it's 115-126 outside without a heatwave. Everyone is naked and we're all going to die here.
>>
>>152097223
There are alot of YT people are doing series on Rimworld, like Teamdoubledragon.
>>
>>152098964
If you weren't american i'd be colder :^)
>>
File: RWG_1.jpg (160KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RWG_1.jpg
160KB, 1280x1024px
space nazis confirmed
>>
Why do tribals always have a 99% difficulty to recruit prisoners? Even though I have an extremely spacious and beautiful cell with comfy ass shit and a tv to make those faggots "happy" it boosts my chance up like another 2%, even with a person with social traits and almost maxed level in social
>>
>>152103868
They probably don't understand your language. Or being in a close-knit tribe inspires the sort of loyalty you can't find in a pirate band.
>>
Honestly, you should be able to harvest undamaged organs and pre-installed bionics from fresh corpses. It's retarded that you have to do it on live persons.
>>
Tool cabinets stack? Like can I super boost my work with 10 cabinets next to benches?
>>
>>152106526
They quite clearly say that the max is 2 cabinets. Cabinets can support an unlimited number of benches though.
>>
File: firsttime.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
firsttime.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
First time playing a game like this, learning a bit slow but things are moving along.

Decide to hunt some werid featherless long neck turkeys, all of a sudden the 3 of them charge my huter and shrek everyone :(

Is it ok to restart with same seed? Fuck it cause I'm doing it and no one can tell me I'm playing wrong reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>152107404
>Decide to hunt some werid featherless long neck turkeys
>Dromedary
>Camelus dromedarius

Literally a camel.

Also, if you're learning, restart if you want. You're gonna die your first few times but that's part of the fun.
>>
File: sasa.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sasa.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
shortly after a blight destroyed all my crops, shortly before the raiders burned the new crops down.

Finally realizing how important floors are as well.

How to prevent Zzzt?
>>
File: bane fish.jpg (31KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
bane fish.jpg
31KB, 750x545px
>third raid of my playthrough
>capture 2 raiders
>one has really good stats but asthma and cataracts
>harvest 2 eyes and a lung from the other
>his mental state goes into the toilet
>toss him out the door
>he stumbles toward the edge of the map
>goes berserk seconds before leaving and ends up killing a llama
I can understand why he'd be pissed but that llama did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1471290279985.png (34KB, 732x606px) Image search: [Google]
1471290279985.png
34KB, 732x606px
>>152109342
>>
>>152109342
>he's just been standing around murdering shit for the past day
>killed a snake and a monkey
>refuses to leave
I created evil Daredevil
>>
>>151938591
Is this game worth pirating
>>
File: 20160817225539_1.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160817225539_1.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
This is like my third attempt to play the game, it's on challenging and Random Randy. How's it looking? I haven't been wiped out yet, so I don't think I'm doing all that bad.
>>
What mod do I need to give animals prosthetics? I have this labrador and I want to give him bionic legs but it won't let me. I have glitter tech and advanced prosthetics.
>>
>>152112082
squares/10
>>
>>152112496
>>>/citybuilder/
>>
>>152112974
Look at his graveyard though he's not even putting in any effort.
>>
File: Screenshot (26).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (26).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
ebin

i think this is the end, lads
>>
File: Screenshot (27).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (27).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>152113383
Do me well.
>>
>>152113383
Is Glittertech actually a good mod or just a meme?
>>
>>152113697
Glitter tech is fun. All the late game shit is super fucking late game, and orion corp raids are pretty challenging. Only reason this one is so meme tier is because my wealth is high as fuck, and I'm playing on the hardest difficulty.
>>
File: Screenshot (28).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (28).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>152113584
>>152113383
Wolf woke up to bloodshed. He promptly picked up his P90, and killed 4 orion corp dogs.
>>
>>152113584
That lamppost in the upper right hurts to look at.
>>
>>152101931
>catgrills

why
>>
>>152114156
didnt' even realize those were like that, not sure how it hasn't triggered my autism
>>
>>152114154
>>152113584
>>152113383
how'd you get all of this by winter 5500
>>
>>152114983
Dates fucked up, I've been playing ingame for 2 years.
>>
File: Qx79r.webm (274KB, 1132x494px) Image search: [Google]
Qx79r.webm
274KB, 1132x494px
So what are some of you guys' favorite biomes? I'm trying to decide where to settle for my new Glitter Tech colony, Personally I'm a fan of Mountainous Boreal Forest but I want to try something else.
>>
File: what the fuk.png (31KB, 128x152px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuk.png
31KB, 128x152px
>Wanderer Joins

What the fuck

Thanks doc
>>
Ss-s-s-s-s-should I be scared? This is my first game and when I went to mine I noticed it was a steel wall and this was inside!

I feel like captain janeway when they crashed on that planet with all amila earnheart
>>
File: shouldibescared.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shouldibescared.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>152116573
Fogot pic lol
>>
>>152116573

What lies ahead could be danger, pretty much nothing but free shit, or a combination of both.
Nothing will happen until you try to inspect those sleep chambers, so if you're scared, just wait until you got more firepower or something later.
>>
Guys, yesterday some anon said he wanted hydroponic devilstrand. I bundled a bunch of unrelated [stolen] features and here it is.
Download: www.filedropper (put a dot here) com/showdownload (another dot) php/ssctweaks
(Fucking 4chan filters...)

Features list:
>Muffalos now produce a bit more wool and milk.
>Batch cook 10 meals at once with slightly faster cooking and reduced hauling.
>New food items, for compact storage. They stack up to 100 and take longer to rot:
>>Cheese - from milk, made in the electric stove.
>>Pickles - from veggies (except hay), made in the brewing stand.
>>Preserved Eggs - from eggs, made in the brewing stand. (No more cobras in the freezer!)
>>Sausages - from meats (except human), made in the butchering table.
>>Silage - hay brewed into a non-spoiling fashion for the paranoid.
>Hydroponic devilstrand, hay and corn: some Anon asked me that for devilstrand... and here we are :)
>Stone slabs: retextured smoother stone tiles. For a cleaner feel.

Feel free to download, share, edit, whatever.
And for those who want some features but not others: feel free to strip'em down.
>>
>>152118852
Also: constructive criticism, balance suggestions, art "donation" (or telling me which mods I need to steal it from) are more than welcome.
>>
A infestation just downed 5 of my men. Thank god for hospitals.
>>
>>152119345
Enemy-related problems? Lava!
Colony-related problems? MORE LAVA!
The game got boring? POUR DOWN ALL LAVA FROM HELL ON THE SURFACE!
For all your dwarf n... oh wait.

Did you try to burn them to death?
>>
>>152118852
Huh. Neat.
>>
>>152118852
>stole a bunch a mods
>thinks he deserves a trip
>>
>>152119591
I should have. It's not a problem though was stocked on medicine and herbal medicine, everyone has recovered. Now I'm making a bunch of meals out of insect meat, minus 3 isn't that bad.
>>
>supporting early access shovelware
Really, /v/?
>>
>>152120223
Muffalo buff, batch cook and hydroponic devilstrand aren't stolen, although the ideas aren't original either.
Silage and the new food items were made from scratch, I only stole the concept; I find the CannibalRecter's recipes to be a bit to exaggerated (I mean, 2k stack size? Come on...).

>>152120217
Thanks.

>>152120829
It's great for kibble.

>>152121138
>calling /vg/ as /v/
Really, Anon?
>>
>>152120223
Also, regarding the tripcode: I don't really care if I "deserve" it or not based on your standards. I'm using it due to the OC informal rule.
>>
File: ohshit.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Ok so apprently boomrats explode on death? My char decided he wouldn't stop drop and roll but finally the fire died out , but now how do I deal with this?

Oh and yes louis refuses to come out of him room and spends all day on the computer
>>
>>152122364

they are called boomrats. what do you think the boom stands for?
>>
>>152122364
Cut down all plants at the border of the base to prevent fire from spreading to it
>>
>>152122364
Well, those are BOOMrats after all.

Expand the home area temporarily to include the fire plus a border. Give firefight priority 1 for all colonists. Send them to beat the fire.

With three, though, it's easier to let shit burn.
>>
>>152087776
>Drugs added
All right anons, I've been testing the unstable patch for A15 now and here is the low down on the drugs and new shit.

>Drugs
>Beer: Pretty much the same but can get your pawns intoxicated
>Malari-block: Make sure to give this shit to your infected pawns with malaria every 5 days to increase chance for immunity
>Yayo: Helps with pain and pawns who are tired. Tested that it works very well till you give them a dose 6 times a day then overdosing may happen,
so lower the doses to maybe one a day and you should be fine. Gives 40 joy.
>Crack: Very addictive like it says on the blog. with a 25% chance. Only use for a quick pick me up. NEVER use every day doses. Gives 40 joy
>Amphetamines: 5% chance of addiction but are strong at helping with consciousness issues. Just don't go over one a day. Gives 20 joy
>Marijuana: Help with mood but slows down pawns. Use if you have nothing else to work on or have one of those bitching single talented pawns
in the colony. Gives 20 joy. One a day should be fine.
>Go-Juice: Super fucking great for increased work output. Give to your best workers and they become much faster. Think jogger perk with a boost of
manipulation. Not to sure on overdose rate so don't go over one or two a day. Gives 20 joy.

>Deep Drilling: You need the ground scanner to see the places with the underground resource pots. Then put the 3x3 Drill machine on the point and it
will pull up 50 of that resource up every process it is on. pretty much can get near 4000 of any resource with this thing. Pretty fucking great for end game.

>Can now request for traders from allied factions. Very useful.

>Re-tuned food finding algorithm.
Thank fucking blood machine gods.

Oh and
>PDW is now named the Machine pistol.
so yeah.

One last thing to add to the drug thing is that if the overdose gets to major, and goes past the threshold. The pawn will die just like that. So do stop them.
>>
File: 1471076840322.jpg (58KB, 536x533px) Image search: [Google]
1471076840322.jpg
58KB, 536x533px
>guy named walter
>find and capture his father and sister
>has a pet
>sell 3 of them to pirate market
>still has less stress than anyone else because has sex every fucking day
>>
>>152121981
>replying to obvious bait
>>
>>152122090
>stole a bunch of mods
>original content
>>
>>152123301
Mod that adds Joy (as in the drug from LISA) when
>>
>>152124053
I'm really sorry if you didn't understand when I mentioned not all content there is stolen, but I guess that when even someone who confuses "in" and "on" like me call you illiterate on the English language, there's no use arguing, right?

>>152123959
Shhhh, I liek fites.
>>
>>152123349
doesn't matter had sex
>>
File: seriously.png (15KB, 249x280px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
15KB, 249x280px
>>152124415
>liek
>>
>>152124332

Pawns turning into horrifying disfigured monsters?
I'd be pretty down for that.

In general I hope for some more fucked up shit. Mutants, new races, etc.
Game has so much damn potential at its doorstep. I just hope Tynan can keep up the good work.
>>
>>152124697
How easy do you think it might be to switch two letters in a word?
>>
File: louissssssssssss.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
louissssssssssss.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>even a fire won't get lewy to leave his room.

Just like the real thing
>>
>>152126741
Looks like your about to have chicken nuggets.
>>
>>152094609
use dev at the begining
>>
>>152114983
Devmode.
>>
>>152112082
Pretty good. Recommend replacing wood tiles with granite or lime stone for beauty buffs though.
>>
>>152123301
>Can now request for traders from allied factions. Very useful.

i don't know why it bothers me so much but no shit sherlock holmes that this is usefull.
you explain what every drug does but you don't tell us how much calling in traders costs?
>>
>>152124415
don't get all pissed when you on your own said that you stole a bunch of mods. one guy calls you out on that and you turn 180° 'oh, but it's not all stolen'

>look guys, i made this copy of mona lisa with my printer
>oh, i also painted her fingernails green
>how do you like my oc, guys?
>>
>>152124697
>liek
>fites
I don't think you got the ironing.

>>152128548
More like picking a senseless fight on purpose. Relax, man, nobody is really pissed.

And it's more like I painted her fingernails green and sold some cheap paintings with the copy of Mona Lisa.
>>
>>152112082
When ЯR doesn't wipe you, it's not because you've been playing good... it's because he still didn't give enough fucks.
>>
>>152126741
those healroots... rip...
>>
File: Untitled3.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Why can't I see the UI with the colonists at the top of the screen?
>>
>>152133235
>Building torches instead of creating a basic power grid
????
>>
>>152133235
Cause you turned them off.
Second option in the bottom right.
>>
>>152133391
Thank you my man I feel so silly now
>>
>>152133274
standing lamps suck a lot of power. torches also look cooler and keep the place warm
>>
File: 1443941840938.png (46KB, 385x330px) Image search: [Google]
1443941840938.png
46KB, 385x330px
>>152134647
>>
File: Rimworld.png (2MB, 1936x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Rimworld.png
2MB, 1936x1097px
>Raid happen
>two orbital pods come down
>its a fucking centipede
>>
>>152127550
smooth floor has more beauty than those lmao
>>
>>152136258
yes, but i doubt there's stone in the ground where his base is build.
So some of the stone floor would still be better than wood.
>>
>>152134647
I've never actually built a torch. I assume they require refueling?
>>
this volcanic winter never ends
4th of spring and it's still hard snowing like its middle of winter
i dont have any food for my animals left and the grasses are hidden
fuck you game
>>
>>152087776
>expanded beer making
yes
>>
>>152087776
>Pawns don't get 'catharsis' mood gainer thought after a mental break
I hope you're ready for mental break spirals, guys.
>>
File: sdfssd.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sdfssd.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
I have no idea what's going on with these generators. not charging or dong anything but one sun lamp is on.
>>
>>152140143
They store energy
Sun lamps are horrible electrosuckers, better make more Solar pannels
>>
>>152140143
One generator pumps out 1000W. Each sunlamp sucks out 1800W.
>>
Alright /rwg/.

One large building or a compound of small buildings?
>>
>>152139785
Opposite of that. Not trying catharsis was a big that's been fixed.

>>152138771
Yes but pretty infrequently. I think they last 20 days.

>>152124826
Tynan won't add new races. Part of Rimworlds design is "no true aliens".

He does have plans for some forgotten beast equivalent, though.
>>
>>152140143
nice mosaic walls fgt
>>
>>152141813
You have to be more specific on which type of room you are talking about. Generally, you'll need to at least completely encircle your community or you will be raped by manhunter packs or be caught with your pants down from toxic fallout.
>>
File: Terrific job guys.jpg (172KB, 1768x992px) Image search: [Google]
Terrific job guys.jpg
172KB, 1768x992px
Good job guys! That's surrely the wall of my base!
>>
>there is a rimworld general
holy shit
is the hardcore sk modpack good ? i've been using only mods that add more tech for the late game so far and i'm worried it will be a huge mess of random shitty mods
>>
>>152148039
How do i install it? Core sk gives me a crash and the game stop.
>>
File: gorn.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
gorn.png
2MB, 1280x960px
I imagine this is pretty stressful for them.
>>
>>152118852
Nice. Upload it on steam laddy.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (330KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
330KB, 1920x1040px
>>152148650
did you follow the installation steps from the thread ?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.0
i just installed it and its running fine for now
also it gave me a map with some prebuild rooms
>>
>>152148879
do you play the game by building in god mode then destroying it with god mode again
>>
>>152126741
You'd have been better off building a single line of concrete around your base.
>>
>>152149093
Yes.

It is literally the highlight of my day.
>>
So why is everyone not taming boomalopes and boomrats first thing? It has saved me my first big raid by itself when I only had arrows and clubs. One obedient suicidal boomalope and everyone fighting me is either dead, on fire or fleeing
>>
>>152149664
There is one problem with taming them - they can bond so you can explode your friend. :(
>>
>>152149664
It's a tradeoff, god helps you if your tamer gets killed because they will go manhunter on your ass, or if there's a psychic wave affecting them, because they will go manhunter on your ass. At which point if you have more than one and aren't well equipped you're pretty fucked.
>>
>>152149067
Stopped working, fuk. No hardcore sk 4 me. It's even worse now.
>>
>>152149795
Bah. Fixing mood pluses is usually a priority once everyone has a bed.

>>152149928
Yeah, that's why the tamer always has the longest ranged weapon. He dies last. As for psychic wave....I didn't know that affected tamed animals. Either way, that's just bad luck!
>>
>>152150076
I'm not sure it can affected tamed animals, but that wouldn't surprise me. Anyway if that playstyle work for you it's cool. I prefer the least possible risk of having a lot of fire in my base.
>>
>>152028121
comfy, running it on my next random randy on challenging.
>>
>>152149928
You could keep them in a designated safe area to reduce exposure to your colonists so bonding becomes less likely (unless bonding is totally random, and not even exposure affects it) and also gives you a buffer, so that you can deal with them becoming manhunter. Keeping their numbers relatively low, and having defenses near their area should be enough to make using them safe. At least that's what I think, never tried it myself though.
>>
>>152028121
This setting can be nice - in case of fire only one build will burn.,
>>
>>152151416
The fire would spread along the grass, whole place will go up in flames.
>>
>>152151404
It's nuzzling that gives a bonding chance, so that could work.
>>
>screw around in god mode for a bit
>learn more about game mechanics in 3 hours than I have in months of play time

Seriously, start a new colony and fuck around with the dev tools, you'll learn something you didn't know
>>
So, cryptosleep chambers are filled with people who just run off map on awakening(except for the one guy who is a hostile human computer for some reason). Should I shoot them and capture the live ones that are useful? Oh, and one of them was asleep with five or six megascarabs. Talk about your strange lovers!
>>
>>152153691
It's free people man! As long as you have the basic necessities running, i'd advise you take on you really want, and leave the rest in their caskets (don't destroy them unless you really need to). When a slave trader comes around you get those you didn't want out of there, fix them up and make mad rimdollars.
>>
>>152153691
>>152153892
I was really clear, but shoot them all, take the survivors you don't care about back in the caskets. And recruit the rest. Injured people can survive in cryosleep forever even bleeding or full of cancer.
>>
Bumb.
>>
How severe were the fuelled generator changes?
>>
>>152064392
>Do any of you guys using Combat realism mod?
Not him, but please respond.
>>
File: sora_no_woto_004_kanata_clap.gif (229KB, 250x327px) Image search: [Google]
sora_no_woto_004_kanata_clap.gif
229KB, 250x327px
>>152115832
>Mountainous Boreal Forest
Good taste, desu.
>>
kek
>>
>>152153431
I should do that. Still don't know how batteries work because I'm afraid to build them and have them blow up my base.
>>
What should I build doors out of?

Stone doors have slow opening speeds (~40%), wood doors are fast (~125%), but aren't fireproof.
>>
>>152163597
I use wood and steel on the openings
>>
>>152163597
Metal, maybe?
And use autodoors. Use normal door if it leads to a dead end.
>>
>>152118852
Or, anon.

OR.

We could just download Vegetable Garden.
>>
>>152121981
>Muffalo buff
Irrelevant.

>Batch Cook
Vegetable garden.

>Hydroponics
Vegetable garden.
>>
>>152165072
Do vegetable garden has batch cooking?
>>
>>152165360
Yes it has
>>
>>152165536
Noice. The final version of this game with sk mods will be the dopest shit known to mankind.
>>
Hey, what are the materials needed for making power armor and the helmet? The wiki is woefully uninformative in crafting recipes.
>>
how do i tell my guys to carry a prisoner to the cryptosleep casket when it's miles away? i claimed it n shit but there's no option
>>
>>152166341
Add the bill. Click details. Look on the right hand side.
>>
>>152166940
He needs to be knocked out, so either get him in shock by botching an operation or shoot him. And if the casket is very far he might bleed out on the way.
>>
Would it be hard to make an asteroid/meteorite impact event?
>>
>>152167880
Doubt it, the ship parts and crashed ship already work that way, destroying structures and lighting fires around in case of the crashed ships. You'd just have to make a design for the blasted rocks.

Don't really see what it would add except another fuck-you-other-without-benefits event.
>>
>>152168371
>Huge-ass asteroid crashes
>It deposits minerals dependant on the size of it
>Might contain rare gems, or tech stuff
>>
>>152168568
I figured but the drop pods already contain ressources so it feels redundant. If rare gems were into the base game but very rare to find by mining then sure. But mining jade or plasteel out of an asteroid doesn't feel very original desu, like a reskinned crashed ship parts.
>>
Is it possible to take out the ability to call traders from A15 and make it a mod for A14?
>>
>a pack of man hunting ratabooms
>>
>>152170447
how do I deal with this shit
>>
File: neutral_001.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
neutral_001.png
6KB, 400x400px
So, I installed the Glitterworld tech mod and was attacked by a 6-man squad of Orion guys before I was even able to set up any defences.

They 1- or 2-hit all my colonists. Great mod.
>>
>>152171225
Some guy had that happen yesterday too, probably a bug that needs fixing. Those guys shouldn't attack you until one year pass or something.
>>
>>152170749
If it's only one you can try to kite it with one and shoot it with the rest of your colony.
If it's more than one, you close the door, look all your colonists inside and wait until they get bored. And repair the door from inside whenever they try to break it down.

>manhunter pack
>a single elephant
>try to kite it around the base
>forget that person has a peg leg
>get's killed
Well, at least the elephant also died and i got tons of meat.
>>
Would a stack of 75 wood burn longer than say like a stack of 5 wood? I got some spooders I need to burn out of my cave
>>
>>152171225
Change this in the Glittertech FactionDefs to something lower for less raids, I think.

<raidCommonality>20</raidCommonality>

Change this so they're less likely to be hostile to you as well.
<startingGoodwill>
<min>-100</min>
<max>40</max>
>>
>>152172389
They have the same burn times
>>
How can I tell how much wind exists in an area? So I can know if I should build wind turbines
>>
>>152173164
I think it's just random.
>>
>>152173164
>>152173296
Just make sure nothing is under the white box. I would advise to put wood flooring under it so trees wont grow under it. Or just keep checking on it ever couple of days would work too
>>
>>152173689
there are some things that don't block the wind turbines. You can easily place 3 solar panels in that area.
And i think you can still grow crops there.
Thread posts: 760
Thread images: 133

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.