[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 162

File: 1450626800273.jpg (3MB, 2001x2881px) Image search: [Google]
1450626800273.jpg
3MB, 2001x2881px
We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 14th:
1385 – Portuguese Crisis of 1383–85: Battle of Aljubarrota: Portuguese forces commanded by King John I and his general Nuno Álvares Pereira defeat the Castilian army of King John I.
1480 – Battle of Otranto: Ottoman troops behead 800 Christians for refusing to convert to Islam; they are later honored in the Church.
1945 – Japan accepts the Allied terms of surrender in World War II and the Emperor records the Imperial Rescript on Surrender.

>News
EU4 DD11/08
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-11th-of-august-2016.962333/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
http://randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
http://pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
https://mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - Anon Music Mod
https://mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
http://pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
https://github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
http://pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
http://pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
http://pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
http://pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread >>151680068
>>
Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
>>
Reminder that it's time to stop
>>
Reapers due when
>>
Who else here fell for the comfy meme?

>CK2, play as the Strategos of Cyprus in 1066
>get the whole island for myself, sounds pretty comfy
>build castles and cities in the empty holdings
>upgrade everything else
>just focus on expanding my dynasty
>realise that my realm laws reset every time my character dies since the duchy is a viceroyalty and I don't actually inherit it
>have to hire mercenaries and fight a war of independence to be able to have any real progress, which defeats the whole purpose of this run
>get bored ~90 years in and delete my saves

An absolute waste of time.

Another one:

>Vic 2, play as Uruguay, not sure if it was PDM or HPM
>get a shitload of immigration since the first day, + natural pop growth since I start with 35 life ratings
>if I recall correctly, my capital reached 1 mil pops before the end of the century
>industry is sadly doing fairly shit since I don't produce many goods with industrial applications
>can't become a GP but don't care much since I'm in the US' sphere
>instead of blobbing into my neighbors, decide to expand into africa and develop it with colonial migration from my crowded mainland
>realise that for some absolutely retarded reason, new world pops won't move out of the continent under any circumstance, even if they're unemployed and starving, and unable to do anything else with their lives
>delete all my related saves and decide to never play a small country in this shit game again
>later see that the immense majority of /gsg/ unironically supports this broken colonial migration """"system""""

At least I don't mind playing GPs all the time now.
>>
>>151746686
>play as greek
>complain about viceroyalties
Is this bait?
>>
File: GroBlaplatiums.jpg (943KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
GroBlaplatiums.jpg
943KB, 2592x1944px
Daily reminder that La Plata is the rightfull capital of Argentina and the United Provinces
>>
>>151746824
It's time to stop Anotsokindanon/HitlerMod/unHPM
>>
>tfw chileans and argentinians will never be brothers like in the past once more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7d55WpKKyA
>>
>>151746686
>>realise that for some absolutely retarded reason, new world pops won't move out of the continent
Absolutely retarded reason which can be changed in one minute with notepad++
>>
>>151746998
Memes are for children and the mentally impaired.
>>
File: falklands always British.jpg (71KB, 960x553px) Image search: [Google]
falklands always British.jpg
71KB, 960x553px
Reminder that the Falklands are rightfully British.
>>
>>151746998
You're the only one who even gets behind this meme. It's like that one autistic kid in class snorting glue in the last seat. It's time to stop.
>>
groß/gsg/vic2mpiums when?
>>
>>151747147
Tell me more about British lands lad
>>
>>151746721
I am but I am I always get stuck on just studing it. very annoying
>>
>>151747229
I know I'm the only one. But who cares desu
>>
>>151747240
Grob/gsg/ would have to include Stellaris and Civ.
>>
File: file.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: ck2_161.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_161.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Undoubtedly due to her sloth, Bourgogne II was a surprisingly thrifty ruler. Although wealth had flowed into her realm from the silk road and even from the Hind by means of Jerusalem's port at Elim, the mad Queen had hoarded it all, only rarely and with great reluctance deigning to spend even a pittance. It was this thrift which gifted Reynaud with the wealthiest Kingdom in Eurasia upon his inheritance, although this fact was wisely well-concealed. Even the corrupt Papacy, with all of its many tributaries and immense influence even in its waning days, could not even come close to the staggering riches of the Lord of Jerusalem.

It is all the more important, then, to realize that King Raynaud willingly parted with the vast majority of his inherited wealth, plus the lives of tens of thousands of Jerusalemite faithful, to guard the realm of his weakened brother.

All of Eurasia--from the court of Khan Yedi to the frozen keep of Grand Prince Vysheslav Rurikovich, from the seat of Alvar de Barcelona, first of all Catholics, to the hilly demesne of the Dunkelds of Scotland--all knew the selfless sacrifice of Raynaud in the name of his faith and his family. It is no surprise, then, that when the court of Jerusalem finally received word that Pope Damasus had cravenly called off the Crusade for Aegyptus--a sure sign of the favor of Lucifer in the eyes of the faithful--they immediately acknowledged Raynaud as a Perfect, one of the Sinless, the great teachers of the Messalian faith. He remains one of the most deserving of all who have ever been honored with the title.

Fireden's fucked from the server move so I can't even link to my last post, but this is the beginning of the AAR send-off I promised ages ago.
>>
>>151747702
what
>>
>>151747702
It's sad to see this end, but at least we'll get some closure.
>>
1-2: vanilla DW EU3
3-4: MEIOU EU3
5-6: DAO+Miscmods EU3
7-8: MEIOU&TEXAS EU4
9-0: kill myself aka vanilla EU4
>>
how do i play a cracked ck2 in multiplayer?
>>
>>151746528
reporta e ignora shitpostia
>>
Are multiplayer games ever hosted in this thread ?
>>
>>151747893
Where is Voltaire's nightmare?
>>
>>151748150
It's as laggy as MEIOU, only I don't get any of MEIOU's perks to compensate for that lag and it only affects me if I'm playing in the HRE to begin with.
>>
>>151748415
>implying HPM isn't Report and Ignore
>>
>>151748382
What perks does MEIOU have?
>>
>>151748415
Feels bad man
>>
File: ck2_162 1 freedom from sin.jpg (3MB, 1920x2159px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_162 1 freedom from sin.jpg
3MB, 1920x2159px
>>151747702
As a Perfect Messalian King Raynaud is free from the shackles of morality, able to undertake any action without being judged by law or opinion. For how might a man who has accepted God within him sin?

Many who become Perfect lose themselves, ruining either their bodies, their minds, or their spirits with their newfound freedoms; even the greatest of men oft fail to control themselves when given the power to do anything they wish. True to his humble nature, however, Raynaud's acceptance of his Perfection is somewhat muted. Although he spends the rest of his life fully enjoying the pleasures of his position, he does not break with the tenets of his faith, nor with the bonds that tie him to his sister-wife, Bourgogne: he never lies with another woman. After Raynaud's new dedication to pleasure the couple certainly spend more time in their chambers, but it is a pleasant price for Bourgogne to pay in return for her husband's continued loyalty.

"And who knew you could even perform at your advanced age?" Bourgogne joked, her sweat-covered form shining in the moonlight. It was the night after Raynaud's victory over Damasus, the same day he had been publicly acknowledged as Perfect, and they had spent hours already in their chambers, sampling wine, food... and other, more pressing matters.

Raynaud chuckled as he poured them both another goblet. "So says my elder sister. Am I now to insult your fertility, my dear, elderly wife?"

"Oh, well," she played at offense, "you might insult it all you like, but nine months' time will tell the true tale, hmm?"

He laughed again as he passed her goblet to her, sliding into the bed as he did. As she curled up next to him, Raynaud could not help but wonder how long it had been since they had truly enjoyed themselves like this. Had it been when they were still teenagers, when responsibility seemed so far away?

"The wealth of my Kingdom is a small price to pay for this," he announced.
>>
Anyone know how to get House Customizer from AGOT CK2 Mod into regular CK2?
>>
>>151748415
I would only watch the first one desu
>>
>>151747075
how?
>>
>>151748561
Making mana less important, for one. Also watching the day counter tick by offers some interesting opportunities for philosophical contemplation.
>>
>>151748849
cultures.txt ctrl f is_overseas
>>
Is HitlerMod white? Whiter than HPM, at least?

I want to play white mods ONLY.
>>
>>151749087
Yes im white.
>>
What should I do?
>>
>>151749087
No, he shitposts and is Argentinian. That makes him a nigger
>>
>>151748870
Sorry, I don't get EU4 mod memes. Does it mean there is nothing to do?
>>
File: 1445862489695.png (326KB, 520x535px) Image search: [Google]
1445862489695.png
326KB, 520x535px
>>151748930
>hitlermodguy is unironically gay
epic
>>
File: CpqvcpYXgAEjr6J.jpg (127KB, 1190x660px) Image search: [Google]
CpqvcpYXgAEjr6J.jpg
127KB, 1190x660px
What happened?
>>
>>151749229
MEIOU runs in realtime
>>
>>151749229
MEIOU lags into oblivion unless you're running on a Xeon or some shit and even then it's not fast by any stretch of the word.
It's a very good mod if your comp can handle it.
>>
How do I make EU4 fun?
>>
File: the other novgorod.png (2KB, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
the other novgorod.png
2KB, 93x64px
>>151748930
Awkward post to respond to, but I finished more flags.

This one's for Nizhni Novgorod. It's the flag of Nizhni Novgorod. Not much to it. Also you never told me what you thought of the Archangel one.
>>
>>151749581
MEIOU is a good bet.
>>
File: ck2_162 2 the germanic papacy.jpg (3MB, 1920x2159px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_162 2 the germanic papacy.jpg
3MB, 1920x2159px
>>151748635
Although Raynaud and Bourgogne were destined to spend the rest of their lives pleasantly thanks to the great strength Raynaud had bought the realm by winning the Aegyptian Crusade, the same cannot be said for his opponents.

Already terribly weakened by the desolation of Latium and the betrayal of Damasus, the Roman Pontificate was dealt another harsh blow when Damasus drank himself to death a few short months later. Although the Church attempted to cover matters up, supporters of Lucius V, Pope in Aragon, were able to expose the hedonistic death of the prior Pontiff. A further insult to Catholics everywhere came a few short days later, when yet another German, Lothar von Schrapelnau, was proclaimed Gregorius XIII. Already accused of being a German institution, the ascendance of Gregorius and the German nationality of his widely-anticipated successor, Cardinal Erhart von Freiberg, does naught to instill confidence that the Roman Pontificate is anything but a corrupt institution ruled in virtual perpetuity by German Catholics in exile from the now-Messalian Reich.

With their levies and coffers depleted from participation in the "Traitor's Crusade" and their faith shaken by the corruption of the Papacy, many Catholic rulers undertake the first steps toward a formal break with Rome. Carlo Angelos, King of Sicily, marries the daughter of the Messalian Kaiser against the express command of Gregorius XIII, whilst King Thibault de Blois of France enters into an alliance with the Reich without even a marriage as an excuse. The most demoralized Catholics begin to see Messalianism, or at least some syncreatic middle position between it and Catholicism, as the inevitable future faith of Europe. Even those who still cling to their Catholic faith, however, acknowledge that the moral superiority of the Roman Pontificate is over.

The Second Schism begins.
>>
File: novgorod.png (1KB, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
novgorod.png
1KB, 93x64px
>>151748930
And this one's for Veliky Novgorod. The horse is supposedly the emblem of the old Republic of Novgorod, according to some Russian site.
>>
File: 20160814140900_1.jpg (424KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160814140900_1.jpg
424KB, 1366x768px
Turns out you can avoid the Spanish Civil War in HPP if you can keep the Social Conservatives in power.

Helps make a huge difference for the Allies.
>>
File: v2_56.jpg (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
v2_56.jpg
1MB, 1360x768px
The meme event is done, now you can release this and not genocide Russia, if you want to be a bit more realistic.

>>151749684
>>151749845
The flags do their job, i like them.

You wouldn't want me to suck your dick?
>>
Does anyone want to play some 2 or 3 player eu4 multiplayer?
>>
>>151750139
Source? Image search gives nothing
>>
>>151749960
I live in Buenos Aires so don't get your hopes up.

Does your Saratov have Russian or German primary culture? I saw its wikipedia article and apparently there used to be an autonomous Volga German Republic there at some point.
>>
>>151750351
Si vivo a unas horas, si quisiera puedo ir a chupartela

Yes, some anon mentioned Volga Germans, but it looks like they got sent to Siberia for the most part, so its Russian primay culture, everything past Poland and the Balts will stay autonomous, and Poland and the Balts will get annexed by Germany after a couple decades.
>>
>>151750542
Obviously the Poles will get gassed while the Latvians and Estonians will just get accepted in Germany, I don't know what to do about the Lithuanians though, would they be hostile or friendly to the Germans?
>>
>>151749975
no
>>
File: ck2_162.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_162.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151749736
The Second Schism is not as simple a shift in Catholic politics as it might have been in another era. Deciding upon allegiance between Gregorius XIII--who, nigh-total mistrust of his office aside, is far from a model Catholic himself--and Lucius V, who is a misshapen, insane puppet of the King of Aragon, is far from simple. Loyalty to Gregorius implies spiritual, monetary, and even political support of a Pontificate which has been shown time and again to be almost wholly corrupt, whereas support of Lucius is equivalent to swearing allegiance to King Alvar IV of Aragon, who is already the mightiest Catholic in Eurasia. No Catholic ruler wishes to be vassal to another, and neither can they support the Pontiff in Rome after the betrayal of Damasus and the election of Gregorius.

Because of this impossible position, and because of the ascendancy of the Messalian realms in European politics, many rulers begin to distance themselves from direct subservience to Rome. Carlo of Sicily and Thibault of France accomplished this by allying with the Kaiser and accepting Messalianism as a sister faith, but other rulers, such as King Balint of Magyarorszag, decided to denounce the legitimacy of both Pontificates, instead proclaiming themselves the final authority on matters of the Catholic faith within their realms. They claim that the last legitimate Pontiff was Benedict X, who died in 1336, and that no true Catholic successor was ever chosen. Worryingly, an inherent implication of this statement was that no worthy Catholic successor would EVER be chosen.

In these conditions--an internal Catholic schism with two Pontiffs, both incredibly weak and both regarded as corrupt, fighting against one another, with a rival Christian doctrine simultaneously achieving unprecedented success--heresy was an inevitability. Out of the Second Schism would grow the Second Reformation, and, eventually, the permanent collapse of Catholicism as a doctrine.
>>
>>151749960
hitlermodman, I notice that you've still lfet the UK as a bit of an afterthought, and I -really- don't see the BuF actually winning any elections or germany installing a government like that because of hitler's bongland fetish.

Instead how about making the UK have an event which lets them side with either America or revive the anglo-japanese alliance?

anglo-japanese alliance revival is my alt history fetish
>>
>>151750669
What the fuck, you have to gas all east yuros
>>
File: smolensk.png (4KB, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
smolensk.png
4KB, 93x64px
>>151750542
Es cierto, podrias.

Here's the flag for Smolensk, based on these old CoA of Smolensk.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_Smolensk_(Smolensk_oblast)_(1570).png
>>
>>151751026
You can gass everyone in Russia (Russians, Ukranians, Byelorussians, Estonians, Latvians, Estonians, Tatatars, Georgians, etc.) If you keep the Reichkommissariats, but obviously It's supposed to be harder, with more rebellions, and will take longer. Though i dont really know how hard it is right now since i haven't really had time to actually play the game, only test if things work or not.

>>151750996
In this world, Germany was less incompetent, and so was Italy, so they mass produced more, and/or better things, and they won againts the Soviets quicker, so when only Britain was left, I think it's logical that they'd surrender as soon as a Paratrooper lands or something. And actually, you can pick between allying Germany or taking back your Empire, wich would get you to fight the Japanese, to take back India, Australia and New Zealand, then from that, you could fight Germany with the shit you would get from colonies + puppeted Japan
>>
Latinos are white
>>
>>151751273
El fin de semana que viene lo tenés libre?

Looks pretty neat

>>151751551
Also, obviously America didn't help Britain or the Soviets.
>>
>>151750682
On the eve of the Second Reformation Catholicism was, by far, the largest religion in the world, well over three times as large as its closest competitor, Orthodox Christianity. Yet Catholicism's size was to prove its downfall, for it became impossible for either Pope, weakened as they were, to maintain effective control over the tens of thousands of Bishops below them.

Whereas previous Pontiffs had been able to rely upon their Bishops to act in their own self-interest by supporting the Church in times of hardship, the incredibly tumultuous conditions of the Second Schism created an environment wherein loyalty to the Holy See was virtually absent even among the most zealous. Those Bishops who were zealous saw both Pontificates as corrupt; those who were themselves corrupt were furious at both Pontiffs for the manner in which their successors were chosen (appointment in Aragon, and the requirement for German blood in Rome), which served to isolate them from the avenues of power. Aside from loyalists to Alvar of Aragon and an ever-dwindling supply of Catholic German Bishops, loyalty to either Pope was hard to come by. Soon enough, newly-made cynics, well-meaning reformers, and those Bishops who were merely greedy came together to tear Catholicism apart from the inside.

The reform movements came first, springing up almost immediately after Damasus's betrayal. The two most notable were revivals of the older Fraticelli and Waldensian heresies, both of which advocated a significant reduction in the power and wealth of the clergy and a return to asceticism. Although diffused, both began to gain wide traction, to the extent that many minor lords began to embrace the Fraticelli faith (it allowed lords to forego paying the Pope taxes whilst still nominally acknowledging his authority), whereas commoners tended to favor the Waldensians, whose lack of religious hierarchy allowed their local Bishops to fully and independently administer their spiritual needs.
>>
>tripfags unironically discussing visiting each other to have gay sex
I want off this ride
>>
Daily reminder that the "localized names are ugly" crowd are literally just too retarded to say things like Firenze instead of Florence
>>
>>151751979
No, they're annoyed because they have to open landed_titles.txt when they want to cheat.
>>
>>151751938
>unironically
>>151751273
Si te sentis solo avisame papu
>>
>>151751551
>I think it's logical that they'd surrender as soon as a Paratrooper lands or something.

You underestimate the feeling of the people in the UK. You also VASTLY overestimate the german navy's ability to ever land on the island. It's infinitely more likely that Hitler would just treat with the UK and leave them to it, partly because he personally had something of a fetish for the UK and partly because there is no way germany could fuck with the RN. Which is why it makes sense for the UK to aim to side with one of the two other naval powers to protect itself from Germany.

We're a very butt hurt people, we'd never accept being Germany's friend if we lost the war. And Germany was in no way incompetent, it was super competent for what it should realistically have been able to achieve, not losing in 39 was a miracle. But obviously we're ignoring that because fun mods.
>>
>>151749960
You should make it so if the player decides to simply balkanize Russia and not genocide/deport, that there will be nearly Zero rebel problems for Germany in the East, and that it would be nearly impossible for the Soviet Union to make a comeback
>>151750669
Lithuanians should also be accepted
>>
>>151749701
do you have a link for it?
>>
Fucking spics, what about gsg attracts them?
>>
>>151752132
trump mode when?
>>
File: Lokot.png (2KB, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
Lokot.png
2KB, 93x64px
>>151752049
El fin de semana estoy libre. Conocer a alguien de /gsg/ suena interesante, aunque da un poco de miedo.

That's interesting, according to Russian wikipedia:
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9B%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%83%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5
the Lokot autonomy used St. Andrew's flag. So I guess you should use that for Lokot.
>>
Spanish is a shit language
>>
>>151752353
truf
>>
>Want to finally update ck2 to 2.5.1 and over for all the dlcs and features that are added
>don't want to update cause cause the updates are shit

Is it worth it guys?
>>
>>151751818
To be honest I think if Catholicism just implodes, people should randomly flip to Orthodoxy. I mean if the Catholic Church loses authority then I expect the Orthodoxes to sweep in, they obviously have SOME level of authority by virtue of not being on that list

>>151752121
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lxda4xx6g9rcj1l/M%26T_v1.25.7z
>>
>>151749960
>no autistic central asian republics
c'mon
>>
File: 1457219514660.jpg (66KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457219514660.jpg
66KB, 215x250px
>>151752353
rude
>>
>>151752032
>cheating
>>
>>151752103
>And Germany was in no way incompetent
Germany was not incompetent, Hitler and his lackeys were:
>Dunkirk
>Stalingrad
>Not pushing for Moscow earlier when they had the chance
>Battle of Britain
>going for Crete, not Malta
The list goes on...
>>
>>151752487
Exactly the same sort of person that gets annoyed by Magyarorszag.
>>
>>151752424
just stay pre conclave
everything got worse after that
>>
File: 1470478945219.jpg (2MB, 568x7988px) Image search: [Google]
1470478945219.jpg
2MB, 568x7988px
>>151752353
>>
>>151752119
Yeah sure, that sounds good, but i think there should still be a small chance for the USSR to make a comeback, since i think there would still be commies in Russia.
>>151752103
>Paratroopers
>The German Navy
I'll take that into account though, but I think It'd maybe be a bit to broken, since they could just ally with the Americans and fuck Germany, maybe I'll try to keep the UK neutral under the threat of bombing everything (since Germany would have air superiority in this universe) and later nukes.
>>151752215
Sabes que? Mejor no. Quizas cuando sea el 10mo aniversario del mod :^)

What about using this ensign https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.S._Sturmbrigade_R.O.N.A.#/media/File:RONApatch.png It looks kinda nice.
>>
>>151752593
Dunkirk maybe, but pushing for moscow would have ended in complete disaster. The battle of britain is pretty much the only way that hitler could do ANYTHING to the British.
>>
>>151752621
How about you do that in english?
>>
>>151752447
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/lxda4xx6g9rcj1l/M%26T_v1.25.7z
For what version of eu?
>>
File: AKR_democracy.png (593B, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
AKR_democracy.png
593B, 93x64px
>>151752215
Hey man, I'm making a mod where Afrikaners moved into the Matabele land and founded Rhodesië there, an Afrikaner Boerstaat. What do you think of the flag for it? I'll need a Communist, fascist and monarchy flag as well.
>>
>>151752669
Without the words on top obviously
>>
>>151752792
...latest w/ all DLC?
>>
>>151752669
>I'll take that into account though, but I think It'd maybe be a bit to broken, since they could just ally with the Americans and fuck Germany, maybe I'll try to keep the UK neutral under the threat of bombing everything (since Germany would have air superiority in this universe) and later nukes.

I don't imagine it happens until the cold war really kicks off. And paratroopers can't do shit, the planes would never manage to get over the channel, the RN could beach destroyers and they would be almost impossible to get rid of and would be the bane of German planes. Coupled with the RAF, a few paratroopers would just be slaughtered.
>>
>>151752669
What a tease.

I think you should use St. Andrew's flag though. If not for Lokot, then at least for whatever you think is the major Russian collaborationist state, since I've been reading more russian wikipedia articles and apparently St. Andrew's flag was a flag used by the Russian collaborationist movement, so you should really include it in your mod one way or the other.
>>
>>151752718
>but pushing for Moscow would've ended in complete disaster
No it wouldn't have, Hitler could've sent Guderian straight for Moscow in August/September and the way was completely clear, instead Hitler went tasked Guderian with helping with the Kiev encirclement
>>
File: MpJ9DHO.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
MpJ9DHO.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>no anarcho capitalist mod for vic2
;_;
>>
>>151751818
The cynics came next. Led by Bishops who saw the collapse of Catholicism at hand, the cynics believed that the only defense against Messalian Satanism lay in a syncreatic faith which acknowledged some core Messalian tenets--such as the equality of women--without their hedonistic undertones. Almost entirely confined to western Poland, these cynical Bishops began to preach in favor of Catharism, which was itself a distant cousin of Messalianism, itself being a Gnostic movement. They acknowledged the equality of women, decried the power of the clergy, and acknowledged the concept of religious Perfection, although they argued that Perfection required total asceticism, as opposed to Messalianism's oft-hedonistic allowances. They found, surprisingly, a willing audience in the Polish peoples, and accelerated their preaching in the hopes of bringing about a Cathar Europe which might achieve permanent, although tense, peace with the Messalians.

As these heresies began to spread throughout Europe and the minor nobility and rural Bishops even began to embrace them, it became alarmingly obvious to secular rulers, ever conscious of their own power, that the squabbling Popes could no longer maintain the unity of Catholicism, and religious anarchy might well be at hand. Here entered the final group, the avaricious, themselves lusting for power which they believed was closed to them in mainstream Catholicism. They promised to uphold the reigns of their lieges and their heirs, as well as to quash all heresy in the countryside, but this support came at a price. For the hesitant, they wished their lieges to name them Archbishop of the realm, knowing that the Popes would be too weak to contest even an appointment made by a secular ruler; for those unparalleled in greed, they demanded to be raised up as the true Catholic Pope by their lieges.

In the name of stability, many lords agreed.
>>
>>151749736
Whats the mod for those cool helmets?
>>
>>151752949
And the russians would have pulled back and the germans stretched out further. It's commonly accepted that there is no way the germans would have ever had a chance at victory against the russians because of how willing they were to keep the fight going.
>>
>>151752980
That's pretty much what Anarcho-Liberals are.
>>
>>151752991
>Apostalic
What the fuck
>>
>>151752103
I think you'd be feeling a little bit less stubborn after months and months of firebombing and being threathened with nukes :^), but yeah, I might add that choice later on, not for the first version though, everytime i change something, i get more requests. I think i need to set a goal for what i want to get done and release the mod when it's complete.
>>
>>151753079
>tfw no mod that renames anarcho-liberals anarcho-capitalists
Sad!
>>
File: acb.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
acb.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>151753079
"anarcho liberalism" is a made up ideology
>>
>>151753004
It's one of the modules of HIP, I don't know which one does it.

>>151753083
Why yes anon, the entire Mongol Khanate is Apostolic :^)
>>
>>151752617
He's right, Conclave made everything trash
>>
>>151753150
>what was the blitz
>what was 1940-1944
>what is not being retarded
>>
>>151752936
Maybe I can use St. Andrew's thing for the Free City of Moscow? (I was thinking of using the Muscovy flags, but they're not the same tags, so maybe i could do that?
>>
>>151753150
That's reasonable, and also again, there were too many ways for the UK to deal with bombing, and we did have months of bombing, all it did was make people more angry at the germans.

I get that entirely, and that is a good idea to organise yourself more, but I'm saying that the UK in the 40s were a vengeful lot, and after a bitter defeat friendliness with the Germans is probably the last thing we'd be looking at. Hell I could imagine blackshirts getting assaulted in the streets for being sympathisers.
>>
>>151753074
>And the russians would have pulled back and the germans stretched out further
No they couldn't have, you're greatly overestimating the Soviet military capability in 1941
>It's commonly accepted that there is no way the germans would have ever had a chance at victory against the russians
Perhaps on r/Communism, but not in actual academic circles
>how willing they were to keep the fight going
Something which Hitler could've prevented with a stricter wartime policy
>>
File: Saratov.png (4KB, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
Saratov.png
4KB, 93x64px
>>151753389
Could be, but remember, it'd only make the most sense if this Moscow tag is collaborationist. Would Hitler keep a Free City of Moscow?

Also here's Saratov, it's the flag of the Saratov District.
>>
>>151753418
>Perhaps on r/Communism, but not in actual academic circles

I talk to military historians on a daily basis m8. None of them think there was anything hitler could have done except not declare war.
>>
>>151753203
>third world education
>>
>>151753327
>what is not being retarded
I actually don't know

But didn't the RAF have air superiority for most of the war? I'm saying that in this universe germany would have air superiority, so they could bomb Britain like the Germany was bombed IRL, but yeah if you really want the UK to not be part of the Axis then I'll add it next version

>>151753553
I made a Free City of Moscow tag because I didn't want to use Muscovy, as that would feel like they should controll more land, and I would want to give Muscow to fucking Ryazan, you know? Nice flag
>>
>>151753720
anarcho liberalism does not exist outside of victoria 2, murrifat
>>
>>151753784
*wouldn't want to give Muscow
>>
>>151753784
I wasn't him by the way.

Also, how would Germany get air superiority? In real life Britain were the pioneers of the aircraft, as an island they felt they were as essential as the navy.
>>
File: ck2_163.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_163.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151752991
By 1380, there would be fully 20 Archbishops who mediated religiosity between the Popes of their choosing and their liege lords; at the same time, there would be 17 men who claimed the title of Pontifex Maximus, 15 of whom had been raised up by secular rulers and used to support their own reigns, as Lucius V had in Aragon. The constant fracturing of Catholicism would soon reach an untenable position; by 1410, all semblance of religious hierarchy not tied to a particular realm would collapse. Archbishops of the realm would cease to align themselves to any Pope, and Popes themselves would become irrevocably bound to their secular lieges for protection and the continuance of their reign.

What few realms still clung to Catholicism by 1410--many by this time having either embraced one of the various reform movements, been conquered by Messalians in their own Crusades, or having willingly married into Messalianism and converted to it--existed in a maelstrom of constant petty intra-Catholic Crusades, rampant heresy, and highway brigandage. Gradually each would experience accelerating lawlessness, and, eventually--barring conquest by their neighbors--the total breakdown of their feudal systems. By 1567, the last man to claim the title of Catholic Pope, Alexander IX, would be hanged in Cairo, having been captured by Aubry III Aleramici, King of Aegyptus, in Ethiopia.

Such is the future, born of the spite of Bourgogne I, the weakness of the Roman Pontificate, and the selflessness of Raynaud I. This, however, is the present, the world as Raynaud saw it as the new year following his greatest victory dawned.
>>
File: Wat 16.jpg (20KB, 326x317px) Image search: [Google]
Wat 16.jpg
20KB, 326x317px
>Reinstalled PC ages ago and lost copy of old-ass vanilla Crusader Kings II
>Decide to reinstall it with all the DLCs that have come out so far
>"Pft, please. Tutotorials? I've played 500 hours of this shit. I don't need no damn tutorial."
>Start new game
>20 new panels
>500 new types of rule
>reworked UI
>I don't even know where to click to show things
>"Aaay aaay aaaaaaaaaaay"
>"Aaay aaay aaaaaaaaaaay"
>8000-man army shows up in my lands on day 4 of game
>Metal starts playing, while some guy sings about viking gods
>vikings
>in east Europe
>in my capital
>17 things pop up
>everything is on fucking fire
>I don't even know how to select more than one army at a time to send into the meat grinder
>Can't do anything at all
>Country splits into 4 factions out of nowhere
>Everything is still on fucking fire
>It's been 15 in-game days since I started

I may have slightly overestimated my abilities. On the flip side, this new version of the soundtrack is bitchin'.
>>
>>151753903
Yes it does third worlder. If you actually had a good education you'd know it sprang up in the 19th century.
Not that your third world shithole knows anything that isn't authoritainism and populism since your people are too dumb to have proper democracy.
>>
>>151754041
Stop. don't play anything after 2.4.5.
>>
File: 1436453549734.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436453549734.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>151753903
this is getting out of control
>>
where did all the shitposters go?
>>
File: anarcho monarchism.png (619KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
anarcho monarchism.png
619KB, 1023x682px
>tfw no anarcho monarchist rebels in vic2
why even live?
>>
>>151753927
What im saying is that basically, Germany mobilized fully, earlier in the war, and focused on mass producing things properly, I don't know, how else could they have won otherwise?

Also, this video talks a bit about production of german tanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygk9-aneC4
>>
>>151753987
oh, he is still alive
>>
>>151754190
A bit too late for that now, but why?
>>
File: lokot RONA.png (1KB, 93x64px) Image search: [Google]
lokot RONA.png
1KB, 93x64px
>>151754253
Here's the new Lokot.
>>
File: 1455747367707.png (433KB, 1673x2078px) Image search: [Google]
1455747367707.png
433KB, 1673x2078px
How important is infrastructure in Crusade Kings II? Can I just ignore province improvements?
>>
>>151752424
>>151754041

Don't go past 2.4.5 at all, conclave and pretty much everything after fucked the game
>>
>>151754432
Paradox fucked everything up with feminist shit, coalitions and infamy.

Conclave sucks.
>>
>>151754463
Good job

How are you so good at this?
>>
>>151754556
It's his aryan genes
>>
>>151754556
Two years of practice. It's not that hard once you get the hang of whatever image editing program you use.
>>
>>151754554
Elaborate. How the fuck does a studio, which makes things historically accurate with autistic determination, add feminist shit to a game about history? Also, the fuck's wrong with coalitions and infamy?
>>
>>151754720
I can't wait for the responses to this post.
>>
>>151754720
SWEDEN YES, thats how
>>
File: ck2_164 1 the british isles.jpg (3MB, 1920x2159px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_164 1 the british isles.jpg
3MB, 1920x2159px
>>151753987
The situation in the British Isles has shifted considerably since Baudouin Aleramici was raised up as King of Jerusalem 173 years ago. England had experienced a great waxing of power from 1186-1210, but in that year King John took the throne by means of intrigue, starting the decade-long Second English Anarchy, annihilating the power of the House of Plantagenet, and, eventually, leading to the independence of Somerset from the Crown, which, in turn, would eventually lead to the independence of most of England's French territories and the loss of the northern marches to Scotland.

In this incredibly weakened state, with the authority of the crown negligible and succession to the throne determined by election, the power of England's vassals was absolute. Disenfranchised Plantagenet rulers in Ireland were able to launch dozens of minor campaigns to unite the island, then were able to successfully fight for their independence, crowning themselves Kings of Ireland in place of their lost throne in England. In Albion proper, House Percy, too, was able to take advantage of the weakness of the English crown to lead campaigns against the Welsh, eventually securing their own independence as the Kings of Wales. Thus, while England herself has suffered tremendously, the English have not: English dynasties rule all the lands of the Isles save for the untamed highlands of Scotland, where the Dunkelds have ruled in unbroken succession for centuries.

Yet, although England has suffered well over a century of disunity, that age has finally ended. Her previous King, Henry III, was able to reunite the last independent duchies in southern England prior to his death. His successor, Geoffrey II--the first Plantagenet to rule England in over 100 years--is left with a strong realm and a potential ally in his Irish relative, King Congalach. It might well be his destiny to retake the northern marches from Scotland and to reassert England's dominant position in the Isles.
>>
File: 1462113326670.jpg (44KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1462113326670.jpg
44KB, 512x512px
>>151754720
>historically accurate
>autistic determination
>>
>>151754527
>tfw new ck2 is practically unplayable without console commands
>>
Ok, I think I'm done for today, Now, what do i do with the NWO economy? I already removed (((Credit Money))) and the (((Bretton Woods))) system, now i need to add more Gold provinces, and change the price of most goods.
>>
File: 1458179564627.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458179564627.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>151754720
>>
>>151754527
>>151754920
>>151754778
>>151754805
Why? Explain. USE MORE WORDS!

I am not up to date with the latest may mays, I haven't come to this general in maybe a year. I literally know nothing.
>>
>>151754720
Basically infamy stops you from being a bit of a dick cause if you do apparently cunts all the way from the other side of the map forms a coalition against you
>>
File: 1682863912.png (223KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1682863912.png
223KB, 800x800px
>>151755113
>>
>>151755053
Poland should be gold RGOs, because concentration camps
>>
>>151755053
Really you should leave economy alone until you finish everything else
>>
>>151752669
>breaking up AFP's heart
That's low, m8.
>>
>>151755175
Finally some words. Thank you. So, basically it's like the old claim bullshit where someone you've never even seen before claims your land, like how Portugal wanted Irish land, except jacked up to 11. Correct?
>>151755206
I'm not even gonna try to unwrap the 17 layers of memes and inside jokes that thing is covered in.
>>
>>151755113
Check your laws tab, look for "status of women"
>>
>>151755113
Things you need to knw

1. The steamgroup no longer raids
2. A new gruppe was made by a teenager called Cobra but he got doxxed and deleted it
3. CK2 and EU4 were ruined by shitty patches and DLC
4. pls buy stellaris goy
>>
>>151755220
wew, now seriously, i need gold mines, theres only a couple in South Africa and Siberia pretty much.

>>151755274
I really want to change it because literally every country looses money, even with max taxes and almost no spending, and the only countries that make money are the ones that produce (((Credit Money)))

>>151755282
Everyone here is literally autistic, I wouldn't talk to anyone here IRL, and he might be a creepy 50 year old, or he might be 15, also, i could be a cute girl, you don't know.
>>
File: ck2_164.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_164.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>151754813
Whereas England's tale has been one of unparalleled dominance which was shattered, leaving the realm broken and weak, France's tale has been entirely the opposite: a tale of a realm on the verge of destruction which, at the last moment, seized opportunity and reasserted its historical dominance.

In 1186 France barely existed at all, clinging to its easternmost territories while the mighty and aggressive Plantagenets of England ruled most of the Kingdom's rightful territories in the west. The two last Capetian monarchs of France, Philippe II and Baudouin I, were far from powerless to stop the English--Philippe II seized Normandie from the English, an incredibly critical victory for the beleaguered Kingdom--but they were nevertheless hard-pressed to match England's expansion elsewhere, most notably into Brittany and Ireland.

Two events occurred almost simultaneously which reversed France's poor fortunes: King John came to the throne of England, beginning the Second Anarchy, and King Baudouin Capet died (some say under suspicious circumstances). His heir Robert de Dreux, a prior vassal of King Aubry Aleramici and friend to Jerusalem's ruling House, took the throne as Robert III and quickly managed to capitalize on the weakness of England to seize all his rightful territories and more, in the process creating a massive, centralized demesne and expanding French monarchical power to heights never before seen. It was during the reign of House de Dreux--which lost the throne in 1310 due to the Black Death--that France was at its most powerful; although its new ruling dynasty, House de Blois, is hardly weak, they have failed to conquer the myriad minor Comtes, Ducs, and petty foreign lords which still rule much of the land previously held by House Plantagenet.
>>
>>151755175

Pre Conclave
>Start a war for no real reason no one really cares all too much
Post Conclave
>Everyone loses their shit when you start wars and somehow guys in africa and india are forming a coalition against you
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+12.05.46).jpg (314KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+12.05.46).jpg
314KB, 1366x768px
The United States of America
Act I, Part I: A Union Sundered

Our Glorious Union enjoyed a sharp economic rise in the beginning of the century, the long standing peace and industrialization enjoyed by our European cohorts fueling our own improvement. All this changed with the slaying of Archduke Franz and the invasion of Serbia. The war that followed saw a demand for American goods disappear as the jingoistic armies of Europe clashed once gain and factory after factory shuttered their doors, from Syracuse to Seattle. In 1915 the RMS Lusitania was torpedoed off the coast of Ireland by the Germans, bringing our nations to the brink of war. 1919 saw the election of Leonard Wood, and 1924 saw his reelection. The economic turmoil and radical new world order proved too stressful for President Wood, who died of a brain tumour in 1927. 1932 saw President Hoover narrowly beat out Roosevelt in the general election, winning only by the vote split caused by America First and the Combined Syndicates of America. As the economy worsened and tensions ran high Roosevelt was assassinated by a radical member of the America First Party. Now, on the eve of the next election, America finds itself on the brink of civil war. The Combined Syndicates grow bolder every day, and in the Dixieland Huey Long rallies the America First Party to arms. Rumours swirl that Chief of Staff Major General MacArthur is being groomed and funded by wealthy National Populists to take Washington by force.

Playing OpenTTD at the same time, I'll be slow
>>
>>151755513
It's more or less something like that
>>
>>151753265
I have HiP I only disabled VIET and Arko interface but I still dont get it.
>>
>>151755591
The nightmares are coming back now
>>
Do you guys think Paradox is going to fix HoI4 ever or should I just go back to HoI3?

Also why doesn't this thread ever talk about HoI3? Is it because you're all a bunch of casuals?
>>
Well whatever, I'm pretty tired, i'll turn off my trip and go do something else, please stop talking about my mod

>>151754673
hasta mañana querido
>>
>>151755591
You forgot to mention the council system that the AI cannot deal with and that causes massive internal instability in any non-player-controlled realm.
>>
>>151756125
>Is it because you're all a bunch of casuals?
Actually, yes
>>
>Evens
HoI3
>Odds
Ck2
>>
>>151756151
Hasta mañana.
Next time you want me to make flags you'll have to remind me which ones I haven't done yet, I lose count very easily.
>>
>>151756125
Modern paradox can't fix shit

Might as well go back to HoI3
>>
>>151755798
You have to be of a certain culture group (I think) and need to have a certain martial skill. Closed-faced helmets only begin at about 17 martial, I think.
>>
>>151755523
This seems like a very minor thing. Something I wouldn't even notice normally, cause I don't care for laws, unless they give me more shit.
>>151755591
Oh, so we Civ V now. Great. I can get rid of it just by unchecking it in the list of DLC, right?
>>
>>151756227
Don't even get me started on that shatteredretreatbullshit
>>
>>151756125
HoI 3 is very nice and all but it's has little re playability since there are not that many mods for it.
>>
>>151756646
nope, that feature comes with the patch, not the DLC

with the 2.6 it will become optional
>>
>>151746686
You want Comfy Greece?
Be Norman, year 1071, Bend the Knee to the Emperor or don't and have war with him with your three thousand men while the Empire enters another civil war
>>
>>>151755591
Nope
You're gonna have to go back to a previous version

Just stay on 2.4.5
>>
File: paradox.jpg (122KB, 1465x281px) Image search: [Google]
paradox.jpg
122KB, 1465x281px
>>151755113
this is all you need to know
>>
File: 1450501919107.png (70KB, 182x186px) Image search: [Google]
1450501919107.png
70KB, 182x186px
>be charlememe
>form HRE
>suddenly Papal-Byzantine-Wessex-Umayyad-Asturias-Bengal-Suomi-Molgol-Abassid-Seljuk-Nubian-Entire rurik dinasty coalition forms againt me
>>
File: ck2_164b.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_164b.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>151755576
The final lord of note in France is King Otto de Barcelona of Brittany, ruler of that Kingdom by marriage (Brittany having originally been created by House Plantagenet in one of the many aftershocks of the Second Anarchy). Otto is the last representative of a trend which was, until recently, common in Iberia, and which contributed to the German-influenced corruption of the Roman Papacy: although his House was originally Iberian in blood, Otto, like the vast majority of House de Barcelona's rulers for the past 100 years, was raised in the Imperial court, speaks German, married a German lady, and only appoints German vassals.

Although the trend will die with him, later historians will argue rather successfully that the pro-Imperial tendencies of the Iberian rulers of the mid-13th to early 14th century--which was undertaken in order to secure Reich support for their land claims in ex-Plantagenet territories within France--inevitably contributed to an overabundance of prominent German Bishops. This, the historians argue, significantly contributed to the Roman Papacy's favoritism for German Cardinals, and in time led to Rome's corruption.
>>
>>151756893
Was meant for
>>151756646
>>
>>151756765
For fucks' sake. Well, time to go find a previous version, then. Fucking hell.
>>
>>151757025
>be the duke of champagne the crown prince of france
>dad dies inherit the kindgom
>suddenly spanish-portugese-german coalition against me
>>
>>151757187
2.4.5 is the last one before this changes
>>
I find CK2 super fucking boring. Half of the game is just sitting on max speed waiting for something to happen or your character to age 10 fucking years.

Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>151757025
Can't have you blobbing too hard lad
>>
File: a.jpg (86KB, 750x1023px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
86KB, 750x1023px
>>151757025
>be burgundy
>declare war on ottomen and take their land and convert heathens to the one true faith
>suddenly ottomen-polish-muscovian-austrian-swedish-dutch-palatinatian-lithuanian-french coalitions form against me
>>
Lads, why don't the history files in CK2 show Muhammad's 6-year-old wife?
>>
>>151757435
you can become a paradox employee and mod that in
>>
>>151757290
>Inherit anything
>Byzantine-Umayyad-Mongol-German coalition forms against you
>>
First time I played EU4 in ages but what the fuck did they do to the HRE?

I get AE out the ass even if I only take a single province and IA is fucked
>>
Anyone got a link to the rectangular frames mod for V2? Or does the alt. flag pack in the op include it?
>>
>>151757435
Can't start the game to check that but I'm sure it does
>>
>>151757705
someone post a screenshot to disabuse this fool
>>
>>151752871
crashes at loading flags do you maybe know how to fix this?
>>
>>151757607
i don't know lad, i started playing eu4 rather recently and i shit all over the hre as brandenburg without coalitions starting to form against me

maybe you're just going too fast? the way i did it was to just declare war on and delete coalition-ready powers while improving relations with those on the fence
>>
>>151757306
Great, I can't seem to find a torrent with a version history. DLC-wise, that should be Horse Lords, right? If I just get one that says it's got Horse Lords and all the other shit before it, that should be fine?
>>
>>151757827
Stop hiding all your spyware-ridden snuff porn in the flags folder
>>
>>151757827
Try clearing out the flag cache
>>
>>151757025
>be youngest son of the king of norway
>inherit iceland
Mongol-Wessex-German-Abbasid coalition forms
>>
File: Ia2btNG.jpg (18KB, 434x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ia2btNG.jpg
18KB, 434x300px
>>151757025
t.
>>
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
How do you guys keep large vassals under control?
i am annexing France because its getting too powerful and disloyal
>>
>>151758139
Lads, stop making fun of paradox and buy their DLCs, they need your support to stay afloat and keep making great games like HOI4
>>
>>151757896
Yeah you should be fine
>>
>>151758320
It's true, people forget that they're just a small indie game company and it's hard for them to compete with big triple AAA publishers out there!
>>
>>151758289
Your annexation won't even progress while they're over 50% liberty desire, cuck. You have to spend prestige mana to make them happy or gather opinion mana by increasing relations
>>
File: ck2_165.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_165.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151757046
Unlike with either France or the British Isles, the tale of northern Iberia has not changed overmuch in 173 years: The Kingdoms of Leon and Castile, both with horribly weak and hated Kings, continue to fight one another over control of their minor Kingdoms, all the while ignoring--or occasionally falling victim to--the power of the mighty Kingdom of Aragon to the south.

Until very recently--only twenty-four years ago--Aragon itself shared in the history of northern Iberia, existing merely as a petty kingdom desperately attempting to hold its own against its much more powerful neighbor to the south, the four joined Kingdoms of Portugal, Al-Andalus, Mauretania, and the Maghreb, ruled for over 125 years by Plantagenet family members who had seized Andalusia in the Third Crusade. In 1335 Aibilin Plantagenet, last Queen of the four Kingdoms, died. Her lands were inherited by her son Alvar of Aragon, creating the largest contiguous Catholic Kingdom in Eurasia.

Alvar did not use his power for the benefit of Catholicism, however. Even in spite of his personal capabilities, the King of Aragon was left ruling a realm almost too vast to manage. Militarily mighty but lacking in stability, Alvar used the weakness of the Roman Papacy to proclaim a vassal Bishop, a lowborn man named Joan-Alfons, as the rightful Pope, thereby buying his realm stability, but ultimately contributing to the collapse of Catholicism in Europe.

Alvar is currently fighting a rebellion against his reign led by Roman Papists who hope to capture and kill Lucius V to end the impending Schism prematurely. By the time their rebellion reaches fruition, however, the state of Catholicism will already have fractured too much to be saved, with two other anti-Popes already proclaimed in other Kingdoms. In spite of his power, Alvar stands behind only Damasus in the company of men most responsible for the collapse of the Catholic faith.
>>
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>151758476
That's Tunis, i already spent prestige to keep France under 50%
>>
>>151758320
>HOI4
This is where I stopped reading.
>>
File: 1471135444174.jpg (453KB, 1025x1635px) Image search: [Google]
1471135444174.jpg
453KB, 1025x1635px
>>151758320
Pffffttttt
Barely
>>
>>151758476
>opinion mana
I don't know if you're trying to be funny, but you shouldn't denigrate everything by calling it mana, you're using the same reasoning /r/paradoxplaza use when they say "victoria 2 has mana! Look at all the colonisation mana you can get from building up your ports and shipping industry!"

Actual mana is the ticking meme points that control literally everything, like admin, diplo and military points, "opinion mana" only represents and controls one thiong, so it's not a mana.
>>
File: what did he mean by this.png (174KB, 221x369px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by this.png
174KB, 221x369px
>>151758857
???
>>
>>151759079
What's good newbud
>>
>>151758873
I'm sorry, you're right. Tell me you reddit username so I can give you some upboat mana.
>>
>>151759079
Man idk
Just found the picture while in the stellaris general
>>
File: paradox's target audience.png (58KB, 202x180px) Image search: [Google]
paradox's target audience.png
58KB, 202x180px
>>151759164
It's a shitty crop, meaning it doesn't make any sense int he wider context of the image. Had he included the whole title and meant it to be part of the collage it would have made sense, but "East vs West ha Paradox announ" doesn't make any sense.
>>
Tell me: it definitely WASN'T common for states in the past to not permanently give up their land when most of it was occupied, and have it returned to them after a peace treaty? Prior to the 19th century, at least?

For example: one country declares war against another one to reconquer one specific province, but the war goes well for them and they manage to not only occupy their province, but all of their land.

In the games, they would just be able to annex that province, but what about IRL? It's hard to imagine them going "oh yeah we conquered your entire country but we're only annexing that bit of territory, we'll do the same in a few years since we can't annex this entire country at the same time".

Basically, Paradox has been memeing me too much.
>>
>>151758020
is it located at documents paradox eu 4 gfx flags if it is it doesnt work
>>
>>151759557
you can add wargoals though
>>
>>151759578
did you try launching EU4 without MEIOU first
>>
>>151759750
yes and it worked
>>
>>151759715
Due to how the warscore point system works, you might often not be able to annex their entire country that way. You get 100 if you occupy everything, one state might cost 50, another 70, another 80.

IRL blobbers had it easy since they didn't have to bother with infamy or war goals/score.
>>
>>151759876
Well I don't know then
>>
>>151759557
19th wars don't work the way you think they do.

>>151759897
You are a fucking retard.
>>
File: ck2_166.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_166.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151758509
The tale of Italy, like that of Spain, is violently divided between the north and south. Northern Italy's tale has been a struggle of independence from the Reich, and then a struggle of culture as Germanic rulers--who still ruled these now-independent duchies--struggled to retain (or forego) their cultural identities in light of their separation from the Reich. In the south, on the other hand, the struggle has been a singular one, wherein the Kingdom of Sicily has internally struggled over court culture, dynasty, and even religion from the very start.

Northern Italy took advantage of the weakness of the Kaisers quickly, revolting against the Reich in a series of rebellions which culminated in the 1220s, when the entire north Italian peninsula (with the exception of some isolated holdovers) declared independence. This shift of power not only began the long decline of the Reich, but also served to bring several new dynasties to the fore in Italian politics, among them the Italian branch of the House of Aleramici, which held several duchies and significant lands in the north. Unfortunately, these new dynasties were incapable of doing much anything with their power because of continued infighting; they belonged to the Reich long enough to assimilated much of its culture and of its court expectations, and even with independence remained largely bound to their adopted German traditions. The past 125 years have largely been a struggle over identity for the north of the peninsula, wherein land, rulers, and court customs have changed as rapidly as the breeze.
>>
File: autismo grande.png (2MB, 1025x1635px) Image search: [Google]
autismo grande.png
2MB, 1025x1635px
>>151758857
>>151759079
>>151759164
>>151759361
>>151759406
That picture was annoying me so much I decided to fix it, so the top right corner made sense.
>>
>>151760107
Yes, I'm mentally retarded. You still didn't explain anything though, despite being a person with a normal IQ you still resorted to shitpost.
>>
How do you get Mieou and Taxes to fit on one screen?
>>
Hey guys I found out a bug in EU4, if you sell port rights to someone and then they get absorbed, they dont cancel it so you get to keep the income forever. It also expands based on the number of ports you have.
>>
>>151760807
I wont educate you on "why countries didn't annex other countries entirely during the Victorian era I mean if you occupied its yours anyway".
I suggest you finish high school.
>>
>>151760907
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>151761085
When I play it my screen is too small so it doesnt fit and I need it shrunk.
>>
>>151761085
He's a cool reddit gamer who has duel screens for his ebin lan parties and want's to know how he can get Meiou to play on both of his dad's computer moniters at the same time.
>>
File: filename-2.jpg (193KB, 1756x2146px) Image search: [Google]
filename-2.jpg
193KB, 1756x2146px
Ages ago, I set out to create a grand strategy game using only c++(no graphics). I talked about it briefly here as I originally wanted to work along side with you guy to craft the perfect game with the best mechanics. However the we hit a road block immediately after starting, how in the fuck do you create a grand strategy game without graphics? How do you represent a map, combat, neighboring nations, resource gathering, etc? Europa, Victoria, Hearts of iron, CK2, they all have the luxury of representing all that information at a causal glance, where a text-console text box fails miserably at conveying information without becoming a tedious mess. I played around with a few ideas, maybe I could draw up a map, upload that with the game, and it could be like an board game. However that comes with a huge trade-off, my map would have to be incredibly huge to simulate the complexity's of a modern grand strategy game(and the bigger the map is, once again, it becomes too overwhelming to even attempt to play the game, not to mention the coding I would have to do to connect all tiles.)

Then I finally figured out a better format. A way to simulate a bigger gameworld then actually exist's on the map.

1) Each tile on the map has a territory amount assigned to it

2) Multiple nations can own land within the same tile

3) The percentage of territory they own correlates to the ratio of resources they receive from the tile, modified by there government/tech/policy(all tiles have natural resources values)

There is more, I have an idea of how wars will be fought, I have an idea of how populations will act, and more.

Now that I have finally navigated around the idea of how to get around graphics, I'm here to start working again on the this project with you anons. Let's make the best fucking game ever, there are no limits, we have a fresh canvas to add all the mechanics we could ever dream of having.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0yVoxUQ7Q8

What's the best strategy game to simulate ww1?
>>
>>151761313
>non real world GS
fuck off
>>
>>151761178
Google is your fucking friend, I even spoonfed you the link. If you're playing on anything lower than 1080 you should fuck off anyway, MEIOU is highly likely to just not run period.
In fact I'm certain I spoonfed someone else, who was less of a retard who sounded like he was 13, the patch for tinyscreens a few weeks ago, so fuck off to the archive.
>>
>>151761378
HoI3 with WW1 mod.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 453x576px
>>151753621
>I talk to military historians on a daily basis
>>
>>151761313
map looks like aids

where's the aesthetic my man
>>
>>151753621
Might want to feed us proof and give a few links to papers.
>>
File: ck2_166a.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_166a.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151760253
This same identity crisis has occurred in the south, to a more violent extent if anything. The Sicilian peoples were originally ruled over by the Norman House de Hauteville, but their dynasty was shortly replaced with a Greek one, the once-mighty House Angelos. After the Angelii took the throne, there has been nigh-constant fighting in Sicily: dynasties have changed hands between the Hautevilles, the Angelos, and other Norman rulers frequently, as the original conquerors of the peninsula struggle to oust the Greek Angelii, in spite of their rightful claims to the title. More recently this conflict has quieted after the Angelii adopted Italian court customs and thereby pacified most of their native populace and rulers, but it still continues even today between the Duc of Zab--the last of the Hautevilles--and King Carlo Angelos, the last major landholder of his dynasty, who continues to attempt to regain total control of his Italian holdings.
>>
>>151761546
He means /r/askhistorians.
>>
Post shameful /gsg/ related things

I love playing Charlemagne and have probably done so over 30 times already
>>
File: WorldMap.png (219KB, 878x832px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap.png
219KB, 878x832px
>>151761313
>>151761391
>>151761548
You don't realize how fucking difficult it would be to create a game as a one man team simulating real human history. The best I can do is create a world and have if follow exaggerated themes that humanity went though.
>>
>>151761749
Not to attack you, but what do you need help with, because I doubt incredibly that /gsg/ would even care about a game with a poor map. I personally wouldn't mind that much since it'd basically just be Civilization but eh.
>>
>>151761749
>le island world
Fucking sick of this meme.
>>
>>151761990
>what is Earth
>>
>>151761919
>i play civilisation
fuck off
>>
>>151761313
>>151761749
Oh shit man, I've been wondering where you went off to. I remember spitballing a few ideas with you months ago, glad to see you're still working on this. Don't let the grandi-tier memers get you down, this is a cool project and I want to see where this goes.
>>
File: 1451489063530.jpg (2MB, 1016x6090px) Image search: [Google]
1451489063530.jpg
2MB, 1016x6090px
>>151761749
If you want to create a realistic map start with a single continent and then take it apart and delete come of the coastline etc. Also hope this image kinda helps. Visit /tg/ we're a helpful bunch
>>
>>151762262
>being excited about a grand strategy with "tiles" that are "% owned" by multiple "countries"
Sounds like shit, m8.
>>
File: big island.png (851KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
big island.png
851KB, 2000x2000px
>>151762131
Earth is how maps should be, a few big landmasses and then some islands inbetween like Crete, Japan and the Caribbean.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+12.52.49).jpg (400KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+12.52.49).jpg
400KB, 1366x768px
>>151755640

President Hoover's rule has very little support among the American populace, as political leanings begin to move away from the centre and into the extremes. An idea shared by both the AFU and CSA is the ideal of a union based on liberty, and freedom. While it cannot possibly be said that the AFU looks favourably upon the redskins, surely some of their more moderate members may take well a positive stance if we were to grant them full citizenship rights. The Combined Syndicates, meanwhile, see themselves as champions of multiculturalism and see America as a land of equality and would support this bill.

Regardless of how he believes how the people will react, Hoover cannot get over his own personal bias. A personal aide reports hearing him have exclaimed "Fucking firewater drinking Chugs! Over my dead body!"

Hoover has summoned his closest confidant, the autistic mastermind known only as Ge'Ess'Gi to help him decide

>Pass the Act, hopefully this will gain us some sympathy
>Veto the Bill
>>
>>151762406
After 1000 hours of liquoria, anything new is welcome to me.
>>
>>151762521
>le new gsg shill is also part of the discord
its like poetry
>>
File: 0VNCRq0.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0VNCRq0.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>151762441
this is what a world should look like desu
>>
>>151762564
I hate the discord, liquor is a universal meme at this point
>>
File: ck2_167 1 the reich.jpg (3MB, 1920x2159px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_167 1 the reich.jpg
3MB, 1920x2159px
>>151761710
A full history of the Reich and of its long decline would fill the pages of several volumes and still be far from complete. It is sufficient to state that the Kaisers before the conquest of the Reich by Saint Bourgogne were often incompetent, elected by means of family connections and familiarity with the court over personal skill. Their incompetence led to the loss of Italia, which, in turn, surrounded the Reich with potential foes on every side. Poor Kaisers, frequent rebellions, a lack of potential for expansion, and constant involvement in foreign conflicts left the Reich destabilized, its bureaucratic infrastructure almost nonexistent, and its Kaiser frequently at the whim of his vassals.

Following the invasion of Saint Bourgogne the Reich was radically restructured into only a few major Grand Duchies, which was meant to keep the position of Kaiser eternally weak in exchange for greater centralization on a level below that of the Emperor, which Bourgogne believed would permit the Reich to weather any defensive crises in exchange for continued weakness in foreign affairs. Unfortunately, Bourgogne's conquest did little but to destabilize the Reich further, and while her Grand Duchies are effective in concept and practice, the German princes do not like the degree of power which those Grand Dukes wield; already the system has begun to atrophy and collapse (in the north especially), leaving the Reich as weak as it has ever been before, and its Kaisers subject to constant foreign invasion and domestic rebellion.

Yet there is a slim chance that this period of long weakness might be averted, and the Reich might once again be strengthened by means of an Aleramici intervention. As the grandson of Saint Bourgogne, a well-respected administrator, and a Messalian Perfect, Raynaud is eligible for election to the Reich, and in spite of his great distance from the court is highly regarded there. It is possible that he might be elected Kaiser in the future.
>>
>>151762505
Veto, we don't want white women getting addicted to Native cock at communal theatres and parks.
>>
>>151762505
Pass it, it's 1936 after all.
>>
WEW
http://cyorir.com/Vic2Industry/Vic2Industry.html
>>
File: filename-4.jpg (235KB, 2685x1928px) Image search: [Google]
filename-4.jpg
235KB, 2685x1928px
>>151761919
Well the good news is that I already did all the code linking all the tiles on the map together(including sea tiles), even better news is that I created over 200 country's and codded them into the game(I assigned them land). What I would need help with is mechanics, the resources that exist, how population growth would work, really I would like to have a back and forth with you guys while I put the game together.
>>151762262
It really has been along time, getting around graphics has been the bane of my existence
>>151762321
I really should have asked along time ago, I already coded the whole map. But I truly believe that the depth in the game mechanics will make up for the shitty map.
>>
>>151763220
Don't forget to add thing like danube or the volga aka big fucking rivers that actually support sea traffic. Those become really important in industrial age because you can just ship the resources up and down the river since it's faster and easier.
>>
>>151763121
Thanks for the free virus
>>
>>151762505
American Indians are descendants of ancient pure blooded aryan nordic settlers, pass the bill
>>
File: 1438113838700.jpg (136KB, 1279x709px) Image search: [Google]
1438113838700.jpg
136KB, 1279x709px
>>151763121
>if you're playing as englad take picardie, if playing as france take granada, if germany take bohemia, if russia take schlechen

WEW did fucking shen write this?
>>
>>151762505
The Nazis considered them to be Aryan, pass the bill.
>>
>>151763006
>>151763102
>>151763507
>>151763665
After consulting with Ge'Ess'Gi and his multiple personality disorders, a 3:1 vote in favor of the Bill was delivered. It's 1936.
>>
>>151763220
>anon from /gsg/ declares he's going to make his own game free from Johan's bullshit
>not just an idea guy
>actually knows how to code
>already coded shit
>actually delivers
absolute madman
>>
>>151761724
>r/askhistorians
>r/
>reddit
Yeah, just as credible as citing Stormfront
>>
File: ck2_167.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_167.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>151762969
Prior to the 1290s the Balkans were a byword for stability, with strong Kingdoms in Bulgaria, Serbia, and a unified triple-Kingdom of Hungary, Croatia, and Bosnia, all of which had successfully resisted multiple campaigns from both Empires. All this changed with the election of Andronikos II Branas in 1294--he, and his son Basileius Sergios, led major successful campaigns against both the Serbs and Bulgarians with the help of King Baudouin VI--and the death of King Tvrdoslav of Magyarorszag, last King of that land to rule all of his family's historic Kingdoms in personal union. With the Magyars divided and the powerful Serbs broken by the last of the House of Branas, the Balkan powers have begun to be swallowed up by their much more powerful neighbors.

It appears likely that only a reunified Kingdom of Hungary-Croatia-Bosnia would be mighty enough to resist renewed foreign invasion, but no Lanik ruler has rightful claims to the Kingdom of Bosnia. It appears that, at best, a union of Hrvatska and Magyarorszag might be hoped for in the future, and with much of Hrvatska's coast annexed by the Sicilians, it is unlikely its levies alone will be sufficient to defend the Magyars from further invasion.
>>
Will Paradox release Focus Trees for all minor nations? I am enjoying community mods.
>>
>>151763442
Will do, at this point, there are no terrain status assigned to the tiles.

So this is how I plan to do this(I didn't get much sleep last night, so I know I'm all over the map) from here onward I'll be popping into the tread and asking questions on how game mechanic should work in the game. I don't have anything to ask right now because I've spent the last few days working on setting up the code for the map.
>>151763831
Fuck Johan, him killing east vs west is what got me to start learning how to code, that and all of paradox's games could use a little bit more in the way of actual gameplay mechanics
>>
>>151764063
only for tje low low price of 79.99, goy! :^)
>>
>RGOs produce goods every single day of the year at the same rate, even for seasonal stuff like crops
>small provinces that contain large cities still have huge pops working in the fields or mines when it doesn't make sense

Why can't Paradox, or any modders do anything right? Ricky had a few climate events that affected production and that's about all. Simsulla is probably the worst offender.

Obviously individuals like HPM fuck up at this too. Just so you know how retarded all of this is, for the latter, HPM added an event that changes RGOs in the northwest US to iron. I didn't know that New York City was employing hundreds of thousands of iron miners in 1935.

But I don't need to mention that, even if you don't enact that decision, these miners will just end up being grain farmers instead. Did New York City have hundreds of thousands of farmers by 1935, producing more grain in that province than in any other area in the US?

And before you come up with the "but provinces aren't supposed to just be cities!" meme, it's the same shit. These small provinces shouldn't be able to produce that much, or support as many people. Mainly because it's just implausible.

How would you fix this? Give larger provinces a bonus to RGO output and give smaller ones a large penalty (it would mainly represent how much arable land/ores are available, the larger the region, the more), especially if they're supposed to contain large cities so the pops there can become craftsmen, artisans or whatever the fuck they did historically.

That way, New York City won't be producing as much grain as the entire corn belt combined or even more (well into the 20th century when these regions were already developed).

It's a shame that HPM is so clueless. He DID change some RGO sizes so shithole desert provinces can only support a few thousand pops, but city provinces are still fucked up. Maybe he plans to change this sometime soon but he should have done it months ago.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
unHPM link please
>>
>>151764260
What a boring pasta
>>
>>151764260
fuck off with this stale copypasta
>>
>>151764054
The Basileia Rhomaion has continued on as it always has, impervious to suggestions of change or current events; were it to have lost all but a sliver of its land in the past 170 years rather than regaining most of their historic fiefs, the rulers of the Basileia would not have changed their methods. Its dynastic shifts have continued on as they always have before: the rise of a promising new dynasty followed by mighty achievements and an eventual collapse brought about by intrigue, leading to another new dynasty and a repetition of the cycle.

While the Basileia Rhomaion appears to be politically strong, it is, like as with the Reich, truly only the strength of the Basileius's vassals giving an illusion of power to the Emperor. Although its lands expanded, constant poor rulers, intrigue, and court infighting has left the bureaucracy of the Basileia as atrophied as that of the Reich, and even as with the Reich, the Basileius is now elected by the common consensus of his vassals rather than by dynastic ties: truly, the position of Roman Emperor is at the weakest it has ever been in the east.
>>
File: 1463262710476.jpg (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1463262710476.jpg
1KB, 100x100px
>>151764260
>the province of new york is new york city only
too obvious, stopped reading there
>>
>>151764652
>>151764786
Talex
>>
>>151758289
Every time i see converted save in EU4 it makes me want to puke. Why the fuck those color are so bad?
>>
>>151765169
ttalex
>>
>>151765021
Unimportant as it is, little need be said of the doings of northeastern Europe. House Piast rules both Poland and Sweden, but their control of both realms is significantly threatened, with both rulers imprisoned and with the current Queen of Sweden's heir belonging to the ruling House of Wendland. In Finland the Teutonic Order has established its own independent state and grossly interferes with the politics of the region, whilst in the Rus the Rurikovich--who have far and away been subjected to the greatest loss of power in the region--continue to vie, mostly unsuccessfully, with Novgorod for supremacy, all the while attempting to hold off attempts at expansion from the Mongol Khanate. The Crusader State of Livonia, although bankrupt and weak, cannot be fully ignored: ruled by House de Barcelona, it sits on the borders of much mightier powers, yet has managed some minor expansion in the past several decades.
>>
Figure I'll try again for the heck of it.

Anyone know if it's possible to change the Terra Incognita texture in EU3 and anyone know how to do it?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+01.54.51).jpg (418KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+01.54.51).jpg
418KB, 1366x768px
Panic today in Central America. While touring a local banana plantation the president of Panama, Madrid, was viciously slain by a Syndicalist terrorist. The terrorist, reportedly one Samuél Hydeozales, detonated a vest strapped to his chest when the President passed by. The nation of Panama has gone into panic, and an insurrection is brewing against the conservative government there as Syndicalists take to the streets. The United Provinces of Central America has made their intention to cross the frontier known to our ambassador there, letting us know they intent to annex Panama outright into the Provinces. According to the Hay–Bunau-Varilla Treaty we will retain the right to the Panama canal and its immediate vicinity. If we fail to give the UPCA the greenlight then Panama will certainly fall to the Syndicalists, and the status of the canal will hang in the balance. On the other hand, Hoover fears the criticism he will receive from his fellow Democrats and from the CSA over encouraging a foreign invasion.

>Give UPCA the green light
>No! Violence won't stop anything
>>
Gentlemen, question here:

Why's Distant Worlds so difficult?
>>
>>151764175
Do you have anything that actually runs yet? Any screenshots you could show us?
>>
What's the best army composition for NWO?
>>
>>151766085
Because you're not colonizing enough planets.
>>
>>151766048
Green light of course, the canal must stand free
>>
>>151764312
anybody
>>
>>151764260
why doesn't tech make your RGOs smaller anyway? i think it was like that in vanilla but it was changed in HPM or NNM for some reason
>>
File: ck2_168 3 the anarchic caucasus.jpg (3MB, 1920x2159px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_168 3 the anarchic caucasus.jpg
3MB, 1920x2159px
>>151765901
The realms of the Caucasus remain mired in their seemingly ever-accelerating Anarchy, with no clear end to the constant struggle in sight; the strong, unified period of the rule of Jarji, although it is only just a decade out of memory, seems long absent to the feuding tribes of the mountains.

Here what is perhaps the strongest branch of the House of Rurikovich duels against local Caucasian dynasties for control of the entirety of the mountains. While fighting for the loyalty of tribal hillsmen might appear a waste of time to some, Jarji proved that a unified Caucasus could be among the strongest states in all of Eurasia, and the weakened Rurikovich, ever-eager to regain some measure of their lost power, are certain to fight for any realm which might provide their House some influence once again.

Although only King of Kings Koba Grigolisdze of Arran holds claims to all of the mountainous Kingdoms, he is the weakest of the many Kings, and unlikely to enforce his unity. This is especially true in the case of Hayk, as Raynaud Aleramici has promised an alliance to King of Kings Zurab, thereby effectively guaranteeing the permanent division of the mountain kingdoms.
>>
File: eu4_16.jpg (701KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
eu4_16.jpg
701KB, 1680x1050px
Rate muh Europe
>>
>>151766776
t. blob pro
>>
File: only_code_so_far.png (28KB, 1386x531px) Image search: [Google]
only_code_so_far.png
28KB, 1386x531px
>>151766124
Nothing as of yet, all my effort has been into setting up the code for all the nations/tile connections(I had to do it by hand since the map was by hand that I took pictures of). I did tests to make sure that everything was correct and it is. At the moment, all there is to do is add the game logic.

For example, if say you wanted to give every country 3 mana points for the number of tiles they have territory in, then a country that owed territory in a two tiles would gather 6 points a turn, I could do that in a few seconds. The game is a blank slate in terms of actual game, but the set up is there.
>>
>>151766776
Looks pretty good desu
>>
>>151766175
No one in /gsg/ talk about DW, is just paradox, paradox and paradox. It's kind of disappointing.
>>
>>151766630
Because it doesn't make sense???
>>
>>151767121
Then talk about it yourself
>>
>>151767180
Ok.

Why's Distant Worlds so difficult?
>>
>>151766776
How can you run that mod? do you live inside a NASA building or what.
>>
Prester John is literally impossible unless you get one of those rare and magical runs where the Mamluks achieve dominion over the Ottomans.

Also, the Ottomans being able to squish equally-sized stacks at equal tech in less than a week is one of the most ridiculously garbage things I've ever seen in my fucking life.

Why is EU4 called the easy one? I've tried to do Prester John like four times now. I've never had this much trouble doing anything in CK2.
>>
>>151767298
Because you have a low IQ.
>>
>>151767298
It isn't. Read guides and watch youtube let's plays. And please, always have all automatization turned off. Don't be a fag.
>>
>>151766973
What time frame are you thinking of? I seem to remember earlier you were pretty ambitious about it, like vicky timeframe into modern day or even more. Are you still thinking of doing it that way?
>>
>>151767325
I have a pretty powerful i5
>>
Is there a blank province map for HPM?
>>
>>151766973
Alright, I'm going to start thinking of game mechanic questions that I need some input in. First major thing to tackle is how technology will work, I like the idea from victoria 2 in the way that population education levels generated research points, but I want to model the idea of economic incentive(things like how governments handle patent rights, do they just take them? do they allow private organizations to have an monopoly? Stuff like that.)
>>
File: ck2_168.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_168.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151766717
In spite of the legacy of the Khanbreaker, the Mongols still live and still thrive. Although they never again troubled the Kingdom of Jerusalem following the defeats of Jamugha and Ukhuna at the hands of Aubry, and although the loss of so many Mongol riders inevitably destabilized the Khanate and perhaps even saved most of Europe from invasion, the Khans of the Horde are a hearty bunch, powerful enough to hold their vassals together by force of will and of arms alone if they cannot gain their loyalty. It cannot be denied, either, that their practical conversion to the Apostolic faith and their conversion of the majority of their previously-Sunni vassalage helped to stabilize the Khanate and fuse what was previously a realm held together by arms alone into a relatively stable whole.

Yet the Khans have so far refused to settle down from their nomadic ways of life, and to cease expanding their realms. Constant wars in Ethiopia undertaken by their vassals in that region--many of whom are Aleramici, descendants of King Payen of Yemen--have expanded the Khanate even further, so far that the Khan of Khans struggles to maintain the unity of the Khanate.

Although the Horde is still mighty and still huge, time has begun to turn against it. Its vassals grow more powerful more quickly than the Khan does; they centralize their realms faster; they develop new technologies and tactics more quickly. In spite of the efforts of the Khans to forge a unified whole in the east, the time is rapidly approaching when a Horde held together now more by the popular will of its vassals than by the strength of its own arms will no longer be tenable.
>>
>>151767728
or any ideas on how to make one that isn't terribly tedious would be appreciated
>>
>>151767359
EU4 got a lot "harder" since release
>>
>>151767728
There was one a while ago, look in the 4chan archive for it.
>>
File: Correct Borders.png (1MB, 4419x3336px) Image search: [Google]
Correct Borders.png
1MB, 4419x3336px
B O R D E R S
>>
>>151767154
But it does and it worked like that historically, as tech improved, less people were required to produce as much. By the time tractors are implemented, RGO sizes in agricultural provinces should be cut down to some extent. This would also represent rural exodus better, despite that is also happened earlier.

It's why current developed countries only have a small portion of their population working in the agriculture or mining sector, because with less people you produce as much as the terrain allows you to. If you got more people working it wouldn't really accomplish much if all farmland is already being heavily used up, or if your land doesn't have a lot of ore.

Although by the first half of the 20th century, most people were still employed in agriculture and it went down gradually. The game not only doesn't represent this, but the numbers do nothing but go up until the RGOs are filled to the rim.
>>
>>151767649
I'm still as ambitions as ever, honestly I know enough about coding that I could get many cool mechanics to work. I'm aiming to simulate exaggerated themes from human history, the religious conflict of the middle east, colonization, the fall of monarch's and the ideological governments that fill the place of having a king, to the age of globalization, nuclear weapons, proxy wars, decolonization, mega super corporations that threaten the balance of national governments, anything and everything between the 1700's and the future.
>>
>>151767832
Such is the tale of the world in the modern day, a world which was lived in--and largely brought about by--the Aleramici Kings of Jerusalem. Now we revisit them, and remember the tales of our dynasty.

The first Aleramici King was young Baudouin V, who came first to singular rule in Jerusalem at the tender young age of nine. Son of a father he hardly remembered and a mother who was his own vassal, Baudouin ruled over a realm divided both in loyalty and in culture. Presented with a choice, the young man chose to navigate the avenues of power not by playing politics, but by refusing to: pious to a fault, Baudouin V trusted in God to preserve himself and his House, maintaining his pure faith at all times, even to the extent that he would not lie with a woman who was not Catholic.

This deep-seated conviction led Baudouin to divorce his first wife Eirene Angelos--beginning the long dynastic rivalry with House Angelos--to marry Eirene Komnenos, sister of the Dux of Chypre. Although their love for one another was deep, Eirene miscarried several times, and by the age of 40 had only succeeded in giving two daughters to Baudouin, effectively spelling the end of his dynasty's rule. At the last moment--or so it seemed--Eirene became pregnant once again, giving birth this time to a boy, Aubry. Yet to give Baudouin the son he so desperately desired she had been forced to pay the ultimate price: she died in her childbed, her husband weeping over her body and damning himself for pressing her for a son.

In his later years Baudouin became distant, living only for God and his children. He undertook the first Catholic Crusade for Aegyptus in the hopes of granting a realm to his daughter (she was married to a member of the Italian branch of the Aleramici dynasty before being installed as co-ruler of Aegyptus), but after returning there to stabilize her reign he took ill along the Nile and died a short while thereafter, leaving Aubry to rule as a minor.
>>
Why doesn't Paradox release Darkest Hour 2 to appease everyone who hates HoI4?
>>
>>151767730
Are corporations going to exist as independent entities alongside nations? That would be pretty cool, perhaps start them as landless or near-landless "states" early on, but as the game progresses into the 20th century they start expanding independently into land occupied by poor nations. What you could do, maybe, is give nations a tech boost if they own a province that also has a corporation in it.

Now that I think about it, what you could do is have a seperate tech tree for corporations. Inventions that only they can research, that sort of thing. This would incentivize nations to trade with certain corporations in order to acquire their technologies, IE products, whether by diplomacy or just by outright conquering the province with a corp's headquarters.
>>
>>151768593
Because Paradox didn't make DH
>>
Why do aristocrats and capitalists only give you such a small bonus to output? Is this socialist propaganda?
>>
File: ck2_169.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_169.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151768501
Although Aubry's reign began in sorrow and uncertainty, the young man would go on to prove himself one of the greatest tacticians in the world, a famed romantic, and a pious lord in his own right. Far from living up to his father, Aubry Aleramici surpassed him in almost every respect; although he was no administrative genius, Aubry is certainly the greatest King Jerusalem ever had.

When Aubry took the throne the Khan of the Horde, Temujin's son Ogodei, had already converted to Apostolic Christianity and was beginning the long process of converting his many riders. Although this did not guarantee the safety of any Christian realm, Aubry did believe that the Khan of Khans might now be willing to entertain a marriage with another Christian Kingdom, and his fears that Jerusalem would be swallowed up by the Horde if he did not secure an alliance pressured him to try. Yet Ogodei took no notice of Aubry, even after he had sent myriad envoys and set out on many campaigns of conquest in an attempt to gain his attention. Dispirited, Aubry returned to Jerusalem and prepared to arrange a marriage with another realm when disaster struck: due to Jerusalemite unfamiliarity with the succession of the Horde, when Ogodei Khan died he was succeeded by an unknown, Jamugha Khan, whom Aubry had never sent envoys to. Jamugha desired precisely what Aubry feared--the conquest of Jerusalem--and declared war just days after his ascension.

Yet, with the help of one of the greatest tacticians the world has ever seen, Svietislav the Bulgar, Aubry was able to accomplish the impossible. Hiring tens of thousands of mercenaries and sacrificing as many of his own men, Aubry was able to trap the Mongol riders in the mountains, continuously smashing them, driving them back again and again until, finally, they broke entirely.

Jamugha Khan surrendered to Aubry Aleramici, earning him the name "Khanbreaker" and opening the door for his great romance with Botokhui Borjigin.
>>
>>151769002
>Swedish company

Gee, I wonder...
>>
>>151767529
>always have all automatization turned off
But isn't that a problem when you have a fuckton of ships and planets?
>>
>>151769302t
i salute you
>>
>son and heir is homosexual
Wew. But he did manage to get his wife pregnant so let's hope its a male.
>>
>>151769483
Yes, in the late game. Once you know what you're doing you can let the AI handle stuff.
>>
File: ck2_170.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_170.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151769302
Although Aubry had failed to gain the attention of Ogodei Khan with his conquests, his brutal defeat of Jamugha gained him the attention of the entire Horde. Many Aqas scrambled to offer him their daughters' hands in marriage, yet Aubry suspected that Jamugha's days were numbered, and that the title of Khan of Khans would return to Temujin's House. He thus chose to marry the youngest daughter of Temujin himself, Botokhui Borjigin. It was to be a fateful choice.

Jamugha did indeed die shortly thereafter, and by his marriage to Botokhui--who respected him before she even laid eyes on him--Aubry secured an alliance with the new Khan, Arkhai, and security for Jerusalem. He used this security well, enjoying a long and pleasant life with a wife whose fiery spirit and fiercely independent will he soon grew to love. Her support of her husband was absolute, from the number of children she bore him to the dressing-down she gave to her own nephew, Ukhuna Khan, when he foolishly attempted to attack the realm of the Khanbreaker. There was nothing she would not do, none she would not cross, in support of her husband and family.

Yet that spirit of fire was, in the end, too much for a mortal body to contain. Botokhui grew sickly before she even reached the age of 50, and shortly thereafter, though her flesh remained strong, her mind fled her. Her beloved Aubry could not live without her, and in the end he died of grief after a year without his Boto.
>>
>>151766272
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
>>
does anyone know how to change the map size in vicky 2? bretty sure I've seen it done before.
>>
Why the fuck does V2 keep chugging like a motherfucker for me? I swear, it passes barely a day per second at the highest speed, even though it used to run fine, like a year ago.
>>
>>151769909
Jerusalem had experienced remarkable luck in the reigns of Baudouin V and Aubry I, for between them the realm had enjoyed almost a century of prosperity and good rule. It was inevitable that the Kingdom's good luck would eventually give out.

When Aubry died of grief, the throne passed to his elder son, Baudouin VI. Baudouin had been raised to behave piously, but Aubry had been certain to focus his formal education on the military, both to pass on his own knowledge and to help insure the realm against any potential future attacks by the Mongols; Aubry's second surviving son, Prince Aubry of the Sinai, was educated in a similar manner. Unfortunately for the realm, Prince Aubry should have been born first, for he was everything his brother was not: an incredible tactician and noble man worthy of the name of his father.

Although Baudouin and Aubry were both brothers and close friends, Baudouin VI could not ignore the whispers that Prince Aubry should have been King in his place. His fears only grew when his brother died heroically on the field of battle in his name, giving his life for the elder brother that so many in the realm claimed should never even have ruled.

For the rest of his reign Baudouin was constantly on campaign in faraway realms, ever attempting to prove that he as worthy as his brother by means of constant battle. For the first time in a century Jerusalem faced massive internal unrest, largely due to Baudouin's myriad wars and his impersonal and distant rule, but Baudouin crushed all opposition and kept the Kingdom fighting. To ensure his rule would never be questioned again, he abolished the majority of his vassals' rights to question him.

Eventually, when his death grew closer, Baudouin decided that his eldest daughter Bourgogne, because of her great mind, deserved to rule as much as his eldest son. It was then that he made his greatest error, making Jerusalem's monarchy elective and forcing through the succession of Saint Bourgogne.
>>
>>151769002
because historically they did jackshit and aren't employed anywhere, although a slightly larger bonus like in the prequel wouldn't be bad

why isn't the service sector represented in any mod yet? (clerks dont really count, they're factory workers)
>>
File: capatlismlamo.jpg (95KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
capatlismlamo.jpg
95KB, 960x768px
>>151768805
This is exactly the kind of input that I'm looking foreword to hearing from the thread. On the idea of corporations, so far I've decided to that populations will be divided into the two sectors, government and public. It would be cool to have corporations with there own tech tree, however, that would limit ideological governments that are disenfranchised with corporations, communism and dictatorships that impose heavy control over there cooperate entities.

Instead, I've been thinking that corporations could will exist if it's profitable(if the government they exist in allows it to be), then they could progress the fields of consumer good tech.

I feel like there should be two levels of tech, the public and the governments. And things like the government taking tech from public organizations would lower the incentive for corporations to risk spending cash to make new tech.... Still a working thought
>>
>>151768302
That does make sense. You should mention this when HPM comes around.
>>
>>151768593
After East vs West they decided to never let third parties use their game engines anymore.
>>
File: 1.jpg (709KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
709KB, 1920x1080px
trying to replicate KR's germaniums in grand campaign. west front is frozen while i try to deal with the russians, already encircled 15 divisions so once i finish these they should be knocked out.
>>
>>151770343
>service sector
That'd be great, but how would it work in game terms?
>>
>>151769976
No new updates
thanks anyway
>>
>>151770436
Doesn't grand campaign meme you over with a Central Powers victory?
It still causes you to get mutinies, abdication and turn into a republic.
What version are you using?
>>
File: 1470958086638.jpg (233KB, 890x668px) Image search: [Google]
1470958086638.jpg
233KB, 890x668px
what is a good unexplored setting for a gsg?
>>
>>151770741
who is this
>>
>>151770741
Cold War
>>
>>151770741
Late Roman period, Migration period.
>>
>>151770741
gangland
you have to build drug factories, defend your territory from other gangs and expand
>>
>>151770795
me
>>
>>151770795
UK Independence party, a racist fascist party that destroyed the UK a month ago.
>>
File: ck2_171.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_171.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151770293
As with the Reich itself, little need be said of Saint Bourgogne, for her actions are legend. Motivated by Catholicism's refusal to treat her as an equal in spite of her almost superhuman abilities and drawing on her heartless envy and patient intellect for succor, Bourgogne orchestrated the conversion of Jerusalem to the Messanian creed, breaking forever with the Catholic church. She then invaded the Reich to spread the heresy into the very heart of Europe, beginning the Eastern Reformation and dealing Catholicism a mortal blow, although it would take centuries for this festering wound to finally bring down the lumbering Catholic corpse.

After she conquered the Reich she restructured it into a powerful series of Grand Duchies, turning the position of Emperor into that of an effective figurehead (although, as before noted, this system began to break down shortly after her own death). After she was certain her own reign was secure, she granted the Kingdom of Jerusalem to her own daughter, the genius (but mad) Queen Bourgogne II. For Jerusalem, this was to prove a mistake on par with Baudouin VI's insistence that Saint Bourgogne inherit his Kingdom.

For the rest of her surprisingly long life Saint Bourgogne did her best to reorganize the Reich and keep it stable both internally and externally, but the initial years of conversion were a tumultuous time, and Bourgogne was not able to rebuild the Reich as much as she had hopes to. Unfortunately this failure would go on to haunt her successors, as they were continually called upon to prop up the Reich's weakness.
>>
>>151770373
Right, yeah I would like to find a way to make corporations there own thing. Although all governments will be aloud to engage in the same tech tree. An government with an absolute dictatorship, like north korea for example, could sponsor there own corporation, if they want to expand consumer tech, or they could fund teams gain the tech if they are trying to create a true communist state
>>
File: e0dfb71fbritish-12.jpg (115KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
e0dfb71fbritish-12.jpg
115KB, 500x702px
>>151770795

don't know
>>
>>151770795
an anti-racist activist (known for slagging every BBC she can find) who is mockingly posing next to a UKIP sign.
>>
File: 2.jpg (804KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
804KB, 1920x1080px
With nicky overthrown and commies accepting brest-litovsk im moving my shit over to west front, breaking france is a race against time.

>>151770617
you have until 1918 to win or you start getting the mutinies, abdications, etc. cant remember which version since i installed it ages ago
>>
>>151770554
Add a poor strata pop type that isn't directly employed in any factories or RGOs but instead gives a throughout bonus to both just for existing, basically aristocrats that actually work and earn less money so they consume less.

Not sure where they would get money from.
>>
>>151771021
What about small black cocks? Asking for a friend
>>
File: 1470950446489s.jpg (6KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1470950446489s.jpg
6KB, 250x248px
>>151771021

SLENDER
>>
>>151768192
those borders are literally perfect without the meme names and the iberia
>>
>>151771261
>reverse google
>get ukip meme
sorry lad
>>
>>151770987
Saint Bourgogne believed that her daughter's unparalleled intellect could compensate for her madness, but she was blinded by her love as a mother and her desperation to prove once and for all that women were equal to men; Bourgogne II was not even a competent ruler, much less a good one. Frequently incapacitated by violent mood swings and irrational shifts of opinion, most of the administrative duties of Bourgogne II fell on the shoulders of her Italian husband Renato, whose once easy-going and pleasant nature rapidly deteriorated into stress and fury. Though they began their reign understanding of one another, over a decade of bad blood and mutual disgust were to forge a gap between Renato and Bourgogne, the former of which hated his wife's inflexibility and unwillingness to fight for her sanity, and the latter of which was simply a madwoman.

As during the reign of Baudouin VI, Bourgogne II's time upon the throne signaled a return of unrest in Jerusalem, as her vassals were understandably furious that their Queen not only refused to govern the state, but that she arbitrarily interfered in almost anything which she wished to. As her reign continued she was forced to repress more and more rebellions as her madness accelerated, eventually culminating in her cannibalistic consumption of her only friend, Duc Lothaire de Thouars. Sadly, even this murder did not give Bourgogne II the strength to overcome her insanity. For that, it would take being on death's very door, thrust into single combat with no chance of victory, and the blessing of Lucifer himself to finally allow her freedom from the shackles of her mind. For her faith, she was given two years of joy before being separated from this Earth.

For his long service, by the will of King Raynaud and at the request of Renato, her husband was given the quiet life he had always wanted but never found. He did find happiness in Italy with his new wife and children, and that quiet happiness was enough.
>>
>>151769002
>Why do aristocrats and capitalists only give you such a small bonus to output?
I hate to break it to you anon, but the guy who does the job of owning/investing in land & machines doesn't himself add much to production beyond that. That's what employees are for.
>>
File: cum0.jpg (170KB, 1543x868px) Image search: [Google]
cum0.jpg
170KB, 1543x868px
>>151771483

that's ok

did she really take the BBC tho?
>>
>steamgruppe dies
>thread dies
>grand strategy dies
thanks HPM
>>
File: 3.jpg (774KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
774KB, 1920x1080px
>>151771181
AH disintegrated after rebels started occupying a bit to much land, belgiums down so i should start overrunning the french in a couple of months
>>
>>151771181
Wait so do commies just roll up and fuck Russia's shit? No February revolution, no civil war, not independence movements, no wave of unrest across Europe, nothing?

Extremely disappointing.
>>
>>151771532
What religion are they?
Also, is that Ck2+? Havent played CK since the
Horse Lords DLC
>>
>Get industrial score by building railroads in another country
>Don't get any industrial score when you build railroads in your own country

What did Paradox mean by this?
>>
>>151771675
>>151771181
Also who's in charge? IIRC Lenin was chilling in london and Trotsky was bouncing around the US in 1916
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+02.51.16).jpg (374KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+02.51.16).jpg
374KB, 1366x768px
>>151766048

Act I, Part II: A Day in September
September 7, 1936

The election is in full swing. The incumbent, Hoover, is running on a Hoover-Knox ticker. In the north, the CSA have taken to the streets. In their home city of Detroit they have complete control of the region, the local police having been replaced by so called "Workers militias." In Dixie Huey Long has rallied young working men into right-wing militias under the Torch and Star banner of the American First Union. Even worse, rumours of mutiny have been coming out of San Diego. There is a great deal of doubt in Hoover's mind that the Union will survive this election, as tensions will certainly boil over into open conflict. He's spent many sleepless nights mulling over his options. Only exasperating the situation is the open letter from King Edward, informing Hoover he is the only hope for the nation. Late one night Hoover was approached by a lieutenant colonel, one George S. Patton. Patton, an inexperienced but passionate officer, has informed Hoover of another option: to invite General MacArthur to assume control of Washington.

"MacArthur's forces lay over the Potomac," the officer informed Hoover, "in the span of a night we can route the Syndicalists from the capital."

With that, the officer took his leave and left Hoover to his deliberation.

>The elections must go ahead
>Invite General MacArthur to step in and save the country
>>
>>151770931
Omerta was a fucking terrible game
>>
>>151771745
They're Messalian, and this is HIP (from a couple versions back, I think), all modules except ARKO interface and VIET.
>>
File: 4.jpg (810KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
810KB, 1920x1080px
>>151771664
paris about to fall, iirc it should trigger the french exit out of the war. Im not in any position at all to break out of the british blockade as the KM has just grown weaker as the war progressed. Any tips for beating brits at sea during ww1?

>>151771675
those events started happening afterwards, i think i beat the russians to fast and fucked up the order of things. Commies are beating back the whites at the moment
>>
>>151772131
The elections must go ahead! Are we not Americans?
>>
>>151772131
Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth! Go ahead with the elections!
>>
>>151772131
Elections must go ahead.
>>
>>151772282
Spam destroyers.
>>
>>151772131
The military must step in!
>>
>>151771532
>>151771532
And at last we come to the present, the reign of Raynaud and his sister-wife Princess Bourgogne. Married together in the style of the ancient rites of the Messalian creed (against the wishes of their father, it must be noted), the intelligent Raynaud and pious Bourgogne are the first truly happy couple to rule in Jerusalem since the death of Aubry eighty years ago. Raynaud proved his piety by supporting the Reich and expending the vast majority of his treasury to shore up the reign of his brother Othon in Aegyptus, eventually being declared a Perfect, one of the Messalian teachers, and thereby ensuring a degree of stability for Jerusalem which has likewise been unknown since the reign of Aubry. The reign of Raynaud and Bourgogne appears poised to be one of the greatest in the history of Jerusalem, for, in the aftermath of Damasus's defeat in the Crusade for Aegyptus, Jerusalem stands as the strongest Kingdom on the face of the Eurasia.

What direction Raynaud will march, if any, none know. Euchite Patriarch Ishoyahb contemplates calling a new Messalian Crusade shortly, and if it is so Raynaud will undoubtedly take part in it, but where it will be called, and to where Raynaud will go from there, he alone knows. Whatever the case may be, he knows that his sister will follow him, and that is all he needs.
>>
>>151771184
And they'd add nothing to the industrial score? And what would the cap for maximum throughput be?
>>
Quick /gsg/!
Give me a mod, a country, and a goal to archive in Vic2
>>
>>151772131
All hail MacArthur the American Caesar, he can cursh the syndie menace.
>>
>>151770373
Speaking of which, how exactly are you going to do the economy in general? Are you going to try something as complex as in Vicky, or something more abstracted? Vicky's economy already starts to fall apart near the endgame, I'm not sure something so involved would be feasible for a game of your scope.
>>
File: 1466741651323.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466741651323.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>151772304
>>151772326
>>151772370
>Turning down the MacArthur chains
>>
>>151772573
PDM, Denmark, don't lose to Prussia
>>
>>151772573
NWO, Somalia. Fill Sweden to the rim with niggers, cheat if you have to.
>>
>>151772573
HPM, Bosnia, conquer Croatia and Serbia, do not form Yugoslavia
>>
>>151772573
Napoopan, Hudson's Bay Company, own North America
>>
>>151772725
This
>>
>>151772131
Invite General MacArthur to step in and save the country.
>>
Where is the event for The Argentine Confederation to turn into Argentina in HPM? Or is it a descision?
>>
File: ck2_172.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_172.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151772456
Finally, we look to the future. Although all is far from certain, the future King of Jerusalem is likely to be Prince Raynaud, who already shares much of the intellect and skill of his father. If he possesses his father's same selflessness and calm control, Raynaud II will be an excellent King, and indeed Raynaud I already prepares to grant a realm to his son. Although the talks are in the earliest stages, negotiations for the betrothal of Prince Raynaud with Kaisarissa Elaiodora of the Basileia Rhomaion are underway. If the betrothal is a success, Raynaud hopes to force Elaiodora's conversion and to use her to establish Messalianism in the Basileia Rhomaion, thereby granting his son important experience at rule before he is elected King of Jerusalem. It is impossible to say whether such a plan will ever come to fruition, but the future of Jerusalem, for the time being, looks bright.

Whatever might one day be said, whatever future might come, it cannot be said that the Aleramici have failed their people. They guided Jerusalem to glory, and even if that glory must one day fall, they were the ones who brought it forth in the beginning. From Baudouin to Raynaud, the House of Aleramici-Jerusalem have shaped the face of the world.

And that's the AAR everyone! It's been a real pleasure (most of the time, anyway) to put yet another one out, and I appreciate all the interest it got, particularly in the beginning.

I've said it before, but I'll reiterate now that I have no plans on doing another AAR, at least not for probably 9+ months. Next summer I might have some more time, but not until then at the earliest, so this is all for now!
>>
>>151772131
All hail God Emperor McArthur!
>>
>>151773064
I loved it man
Stay good
>>
>>151772131
elections desu, republicanism and shiet
>>
>>151773092
>>151772856
>>151772657
>>151772595
Absolutelly disgusting
>>
>>151772131
Elections must go on!
>>
>>151772131
The military is the only hope of preserving order.
>>
File: 5.jpg (803KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
803KB, 1920x1080px
>>151772282
accepted the british call for peace, grabbed bits and pieces from the netherlands and belgium, decided not to release poland.

time to get comfy while i prepare for the intervention in china, fleets are awfully useless early in the game
>>
>>151772615
I am planning on making the economy revolve around populations, just like in victoria 2. I'm coding this from scratch so I'm invested in making this the dwarf fortress of grand strategy games, except I'm going to make it as user friendly as possible.

As for how the economy works, just like in victoria 2, they have needs/desires(going off the idea form economic theory stating that a person will always want more), these desires will be modified by the spread of information. A Totalitarian dictatorship could censor the media and curve what people desire for example.
>>
>>151772131
Election must go on!
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+03.16.33).jpg (407KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+03.16.33).jpg
407KB, 1366x768px
>>151772131
Act II, Part I: Crossing the Rubicon
September 8, 1936

The citizens of Washington awake to sirens and air raid lights early in the morning. Peering out their windows they watched as the First Army marched along Pennsylvania Avenue towards the Capitol. Congressmen arriving to work were greeted by the 42nd Division. MacArthur calmly informed them that the military will ensure order, democracy, and liberty among the nation. MacArthur entered into Congress a private bill, the Emergency Security Act. Within it contains the provisions for MacArthur to detain indefinitely all those engaged in un-American activities. In the following discussion the Republicans and American First Union overwhelmingly supported the bill, while members of the CSA were not admitted to Congress for the duration of the discussion.

>Pass the act
>This is still a democracy
>>
>>151773878
>decided not to release poland
wew lad ebin GROBGERMANIUM you got there top ebin xDDD
>>
download for hoi4?
>>
>>151774118
>>Pass the act
Full fascism now
>>
>>151773064
A shame it ended, though now there seems to be a lot more interest in AARs, and more people are doing them, all thanks to you.

Also, I'm the one that would compile everything once it finished, so I'll get to it. This time though I won't do the autismo party of doing everything one night, so it may take a few days, no more than a week.
>>
>>151774118
Pass the act, is the logical step after the military intervention.
>>
>>151774156
releasing it after the next big conflict, cant waste the IC at this point :-^)
>>
>>151774118
>not going syndie
jesus could you do another poll. I'm sure one junta faggot was spamming military.

If not I guess do not pass the bill.
>>
>>151774118
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
>>
>>151773212
Thanks senpai, I'll try.

>>151774257
Yea, taking your time will probably save you a load of headache, especially since this one is longer than before. Besides, unless it's changed in the past hour or so fireden is still down; you won't be able to go beyond today's posts anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I don't think this is all down to me, but I am glad more people are at least giving AARs a shot.
>>
>>151774440
>commie butthurt he was outvoted
kek
>>
What are some acceptable leftist ideologies?
>>
File: 1410931959094.gif (15KB, 709x850px) Image search: [Google]
1410931959094.gif
15KB, 709x850px
>>151774440
If you'd like I could include polls with my posts.
>>
>>151774580
islamic gommunism
>>
>>151774118
Pass the act, lock up the gommunists
>>
File: BASED.jpg (25KB, 248x350px) Image search: [Google]
BASED.jpg
25KB, 248x350px
>>151774580
The only acceptable one is Totalism.
>>
File: t johan.jpg (136KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
t johan.jpg
136KB, 640x416px
Johan is based
>>
>>151774580

communism :^^))))))
>>
>>151774580
National socialism
>>
>>151774724
Based BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS
>>
>>151774563
They are not commies, they are syndicalists.
>>
>>151773938
You should get a trip lad, if only because there are so many other board personalities at the moment.
>>
>>151774580
National Syndicalism
Anarcho-Syndicalism
An-Cap
National Bolshevikism
National Socialism
Left Libertarianism
Libertarian Socialism
Imperial Comunism
>>
>>151774563
the poll was literally tied. but I guess you don't care about democracy or elections fascist scum.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+03.35.28).jpg (385KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+03.35.28).jpg
385KB, 1366x768px
>>151774118
September 10, 1936

The bill passed congress with little opposition, and MacArthur was given a blank cheque to deal with the so called un-American groups. Wasting no time he has begun drawing up plans on how to restore order.

>Crackdown on the Combined Syndicates of America
>Crackdown on both
>Crackdown on America First Union
Poll: http://poal.me/wmcf3s
>>
>>151775062

t. meme ideology generator V1.01
>>
>>151774580
none
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarab_people
What the fuck
>>
>>151775312
Crackdown on CSA, the America First aided you in passing the bill.
>>
>>151775062
>an-cap
>nat soc
>leftist

>any of the rest
>acceptable
>>
File: V2_HPM_Blank_Map.png (494KB, 5616x2160px) Image search: [Google]
V2_HPM_Blank_Map.png
494KB, 5616x2160px
>>151768165

archive wasn't working so I found it on reddit

probably gonna have to fill in water myself
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 114x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 114x250px
>>151775414
>>151775328
>>151775532

>Wanting a tolitarian government dominated by reactionary scum and happy merchants

>not wanting to defeat the merchant at his on game

pic related
>>
>>151776442
What is this, an ideology for ants?
Yes, yes it is, because its leftism
>>
>>151776442
I don't want him to be a dictatorship, but he has already destroyed democracy, those are just the logical choices after that.
>>
File: 1453668724916.png (154KB, 531x334px) Image search: [Google]
1453668724916.png
154KB, 531x334px
>>151748635
>>
File: DBB.jpg (46KB, 318x392px) Image search: [Google]
DBB.jpg
46KB, 318x392px
>>151776442
nice thumbnail
>>
>>151775532
Holy fuck i hate those egypt provinces, they look so fucking bad.
>>
>>151776865
I think they look good and make more sense,
>>
>>151777105
whito piggu go home
>>
>>151777105
but... they ARE racially white
>>
>>151777012
But then literally the rest of shitholes of the world doesn't make sense. Looks at central africa or amazonia.
>>
>>151777105
>is Japan white even though it isn't white?

What do you think, genius?
>>
>>151776865
Have you seen vanilla? It's completely arbitrary At least this one makes sense, sticking close to the Nile where 90% egyptians live
>>
>>151777105
They're honorary whites so yes.
>>
File: filename-3.jpg (168KB, 2482x1862px) Image search: [Google]
filename-3.jpg
168KB, 2482x1862px
>>151774976
I might
>>151767730
Technology and the populations

I had a hard time figuring out how to even start approaching the core game play elements. Everything is a catch-22, to design one part of the game(government, tech-tree, populations, military) I needed to design another part of the game, turning into web of connections from one aspect of the game to another. Over time I developed a vague sense(or maybe I just became desperate enough that I told myself I had figured out how it works, I don't know, I haven't had allot of sleep lately) of how all aspects of the game would connect, and that brings us to the first discussion I would like to have.

I like the idea of populations being related to tech growth. I like that idea allot, so I started to think how I would model it. Here is the general idea, it's unrefined so feel free to add to it or tell me it's trash. A tech tree will be universally the same(no different tech trees), this tech tree will be huge(consumer goods, military goods, military doctrine, government ideological doctrine that would unlock other government types/laws to enact, infrastructure upgrades, banking insurance doctrine, EVERTHING), and all major entities will be able to grow in these fields. Now, obviously the average Joe population group belonging to a farm in a third world country is never going to uncover the mystery of attack helicopter technology, but that's the thing, this tech tree will be so big that you as a government will not be able to invest and learn everything(the the consumer good tech for better quality shoes, although if you're a sociopathic government, then you could invest millions in discovering the tech of best goddamm shoes in the world and destroy the competition), however that backwards inferior pop might figure out a better farming technique, and that advancement would lead to those farms doing better than farms around them, more food, etc.
>>
>>151777264
How do they stop making sense if Egypt makes sense? I think he should expand and do the same shit for Iraq but I don't see how the amazon or central africa somehow fit in.

>>151777320
Not to mention there's barely any desert in Egypt.
>>
>>151775532
does anyone know how these are made? Was hoping to make one for a custom EU3 map
>>
This game as Muscovy is fucking weird. First Hungry was 1 death away from being under Austria thumb but then NOPE! Austria went under England in a personal union. They then inherited Brandenburg. The golden horde then Collapsed in itself as it attacked Crimea, whi was attacking the non unioned Lithuania (my fault), and 3 other countries gang banged them into oblivion, and Crimea became a power in the area as it has 3 vassal and a ton of land. Now I have Hungry in a PU and Livonia and Teutons while Denmark Poland and Lithuania want my head for a 159 agro expansion.
>>
>>151777827
As white as Brazilians
>>
>>151778259
Says the teenage /pol/ NEET who has literally never worked a single day in his entire life.
>>
>>151778259
Trade unions cant compete against corporations.
>>
>>151778383
>syndicalism
>/pol/
>>
>>151778383
t. reactionary scum
>>
>>151777373
So essentially, each individual pop in your game will have it's own independent tech? What if, rather than to individual pops, maybe tech is tied to culture? In any case, how would actual governments have tech then? Would research as it exists in games like Vic or HoI even be possible, or is tech something that the player can't directly influence?
>>
>>151778531
You're using childish /pol/ memes and comics as a pathetic excuse for an argument, that sounds like your average low IQ /pol/tard to me.
>>
>>151770563
There wont be any new updates in the near future, becouse ill start modding unHPM from from scratch again
Fix all mistakes, make it more performace friendly,
i listened to your advice and completely change some stuff (Mainly the Teutonic Order and Germany, becouse it just isnt fun to me anymore, and it makes no sence
The Teutonic Order will still be there, but like in Napoleons Legacy, its place as a fourth step will replace a Greater Germany Tag cant wait to get memed on for that decision)
>>
>>151778731
That wasn't even me

>low IQ meme
>calling anyone else /pol/
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.12.15).jpg (404KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.12.15).jpg
404KB, 1366x768px
Sorry for the delay I made Kraft Dinner like a good little Canadian
7-3 CSA in the poll
>>151775312

September 12, 1936
Government forces aided by local police forces entered into Detroit, Chicago, and other strongholds of the CSA. Mass arrests were made and instances of violence were recorded on both sides. Unsurprisingly, Reed has called for a general strike. As factory workers prepare to patrol their places of work, the government forces steel themselves for the events ahead.
>>
>everyone complains about ridiculously fast pop assimilation for new world nations on HPM
>instead of drastically reducing assimilation rates (especially for non-protestants), he responds by keeping 2 country modifiers that give you +100% assimilation combined, then proceeds to ignore this major problem forever

And yet he wonders why he is hated so much here.
>>
>>151766717
kek, the Anarchy never ended.
>>
>>151778383
kek, fascist scum like you should be hanged in the street. You are literally hypocrites. You love free speech, but won't hesitate to censor any opposing opinion. I hope you enjoy Brexit Farage.
>>
>>151778960
>Reed
>>
>>151779189
>everyone
I don't have a problem with that, most people who understand the game don't actually.
I don't think anyone ever requested this from him actually.

>hating someone because he doesn't do what you want
Pretty childish.
>>
>>151779220
Well, not really. The Anarchy did end under Jarji and stayed gone for almost 40 years, it's just that his reign collapsed at the last possible second, before his heirs could inherit, and that's broken the Caucasus back apart. If he had died just one year earlier there would still probably be pandemonium, but it would at least have the potential to all come back together again.
>>
File: Meiya truth.jpg (183KB, 638x721px) Image search: [Google]
Meiya truth.jpg
183KB, 638x721px
>>151769909
Greatest wife who ever lived.

;_;
>>
>>151778960
Treed
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.20.01).jpg (386KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.20.01).jpg
386KB, 1366x768px
>>151778960

September 13, 1936
The call for the general strike was answered by tens of thousands, possibly even hundreds of thousands of workers. The entire north east has come to a grinding halt as workers refuse to work. Government forces and strikers are in a standoff as both sides wait for the other to make the first move. The local commander, Major General Brees, has contacted MacArthur for advice. Hours later, a young dispatch runner urgently brought MacArthur's reply:

>Send in the army to end the strike
>Negotiate with Reed
http://poal.me/6zg4qw
>>
>>151758696
yeah, usually I stop reading a post at the last word, too.
>>
File: kina1.jpg (570KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kina1.jpg
570KB, 1920x1080px
>>151773878
5 years have passed, and the first german troops land in china in an attempt to dislodge the corrupt republican government.
>>
>>151779982
NO NEGOTIATIONS WITH RADICAL YUGOSLAVIANS
>>
>>151779982
Kill a commie for Christ
>>
>>151772131
You ARE aware Patton is an AUS, right? The AUS hate the dictatorship as much as the Syndies do, if for different reasons.
>>
File: kina2.jpg (624KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kina2.jpg
624KB, 1920x1080px
>>151780063
slowly making some progress in china, the game has ground to a complete halt after i won ww1 as germany, only japans events seem to be occuring so im gonna have to force things to have anything happen at all.
>>
File: v2_144.jpg (406KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
v2_144.jpg
406KB, 1366x768px
hhmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>151780554
really made me think...
>>
>>151778654
Tech tied to culture is an interesting thought, in another game setting, say one that modeled mankind from the antiquity era foreword, then things like framing technique/method of governments/skills learned from tradition could spread to all those within the culture group(kind of making it like Europa universals model of regions being linked to technological growth).

And your right, my idea is to have every pop have a level of tech. But maybe instead of having it so that each pop has a tech level, maybe each pop within a national government participating in the same activity(say framing) raise the chances on a whole(not just because there are more farmers) for that sector(public or government) to make an advance in the tech.

So instead of each pop having a tech group, it's just the public sector and the government sector, and they both have different techs.

In this model, populations would be more likely to grow in numerous obscure tech, while the government would grow in more organized tech growth(say military doctrines). As for how tech influences the game, goverments will be able to buy products from the public sector, so if say the government needs millions of canned food, but has no tech for can food production, they could buy it from the public sector(or even seize the means of production)

And you will be able to research, you can use tax collected funds to fund projects to advance specific fields of tech.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-15+at+02.44.34).jpg (56KB, 491x370px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-15+at+02.44.34).jpg
56KB, 491x370px
>>151780454
Ya, I goofed. Was too lazy to go back and change what I wrote

Vote: 8-1 Send in the Army
>>
>>151766776
What mod is that? VeF?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.40.09).jpg (425KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.40.09).jpg
425KB, 1366x768px
>>151779982

November 7, 1936.
On this day the Combined Syndicates of America did secede from the Union and take up arms against democratic rule.
>>
>>151781383
t.Reed
>>
>>151752447
Does that M&T link also include the patches for the DLC skins?
>>
File: GDR Tunguskas firing.gif (496KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GDR Tunguskas firing.gif
496KB, 640x360px
>>151773064
It was good to have you AARnon. Good tidings on your journeys of the future.

Loved your writing. May we have more again one day. Till next time!

>>151778960
You better invade Canada if that's where events and pathways take you. This was your plan. Ruin America.

>>151779982
You're treading a path to hell! Negotiate! You are all Americans!
>>
>>151781383
t.reed
>>
>>151781383
Now play as them.
>>
>>151781383
radical
>>
File: 1354928874087.jpg (24KB, 345x450px) Image search: [Google]
1354928874087.jpg
24KB, 345x450px
>HOI4
>Fascist France
>Go with Germany
>Axis conquers Europe, Asia and Africa
>now we wait to grind down Britain at the English Channel
Is there a faster way? America joined Allies.
>>
>>151781383
Play as them.
>>
Should I play as a count in Byzantine empire or a count in Italy and reboot the Roman empire?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.47.09).jpg (381KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+04.47.09).jpg
381KB, 1366x768px
>>151781383
November 12, 1936
Long and Reed have both entered into open conflict with the Union. Volunteers have arrived from around the globe to fight against the tyranny of socialism. In the Pacific, Hawaii and Japan have seized our island chains, while the coastal states have seceded peacefully from the union - for the time being.

epin meme
>>
File: 1434428464644.jpg (142KB, 681x908px) Image search: [Google]
1434428464644.jpg
142KB, 681x908px
>>151781903
>HOI4
>>
>>151782386
This isnt how the USA works... Splitting up like this, it would take something like the systematic oppression of half the country for decades for this to happen, like what happened in the civil war.
>>
File: Lise ready to kill.jpg (688KB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
Lise ready to kill.jpg
688KB, 1280x998px
>>151781383
You did this to yourself.

Now taste the lightning.
>>
>>151782386
Go Reed go!
>>
>>151782386
Have you never played Kaiserreich before?

Also, you're letting your bias show again. Volunteers are arriving for a variety of reasons - both to you, and to your enemies. I doubt very highly your Canadian volunteers give much of a shit about the Union or democracy, and ditto for others like the National French.

>>151782554
That already DID happen. America has been in a very bad shape since the Weltkrieg.
>>
>>151782319
Foedere et Religione Tenemur m8
>>
Best unit comp in DH?
>>
>>151783646
attack helicopters
>>
>>151783169
Damn nigga I'm just writing what fits the style of government/persona of the leader/etc, I write pro-Gommie shit if I play the gommies but I'm not a Communist. I have a few hundred hours in KR and an equal amount in DH itself, but in my defense I haven't played in quite some time.
More or less what I expect to happen is: I've just about captured Chicago which will let me annex the CSA, the AUS is holding in Gadsden and Atlanta while I'm pushing in through New Orleans. I've already secured to the north east with the last CSA holdout in New York about to be destroyed. Sooner or later the PSA will either declare war or try and enter into a treaty (unless the event chain is still broken). After that I turn north to Canada, then south to Mexico, and from there the skies the limit.

>>151783646
I find groups of 3x INF, occasionally with Artillery, is the most versatile. Back it up with groups of 3x ARM/LARM and 3x MOT/MEC for breakthroughs and encirclement respectively. Place HQs nearby, they give bonuses to nearby units. Some people like to place them in the divisions themselves but I personally don't like the hit to speed that gives. Experiment a bit and you'll find what you like.
>>
Is Victoria really for idiots? Would you consider it to be far easier than the other Paradox games?
>>
>>151784490
Liquoria 2 is the most casualized, easy game in the /gsg/ catalog.
>>
>>151784490
No
>>
>>151784490
Possibly
>>
>>151784490
In order from hardest to easiest

HoI 3 > DH > Victoria 2 > EU3 > CK2 > EU4
>>
>>151784490
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>151771532
>>151770987
WOMEN
ARE
INFERIOR
TO
MEN
>>
>>151775532
Has anyone got a version of this map without the sea border lines and with the seas and lakes filled in blue?
>>
>>151785178
t. permavirgin pro
>>
>>151785308
epic
>>
>>151785308
epic
>>
File: V2_Blank_Sea.png (530KB, 5616x2160px) Image search: [Google]
V2_Blank_Sea.png
530KB, 5616x2160px
>>151785189
I have the Vanilla one but I was planning on doing that tonight as I don't think there is one already made
>>
>>151785308
epic
>>
>>151785917
>>151785924
Hmm
>>
>>151785917
>>151785924
Hmm
>>
File: 1460666637665.jpg (48KB, 466x601px) Image search: [Google]
1460666637665.jpg
48KB, 466x601px
>>151785917
>>151785924
>tfw somebody in this whole wide world thought the very same thing as i did in the very same moment
>>
>>151785308
t. what? You're shit at ASCII.
>>
>>151786274
treed
>>
File: goodjob.png (9KB, 629x206px) Image search: [Google]
goodjob.png
9KB, 629x206px
>>151786419
>>
File: ascii.jpg (33KB, 627x201px) Image search: [Google]
ascii.jpg
33KB, 627x201px
>>151786274
>>151786613
>>
>>151787042
t. alex projecting again, pouring reddit refugees into our once-beautiful european decuckracy of /gsg/
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-14+at+05.44.45).png (12KB, 846x229px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-14+at+05.44.45).png
12KB, 846x229px
>>
File: nippon banzai xDxD.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nippon banzai xDxD.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Is Japanese east Africa acceptable?
>>
>>151787480
As long as you genocide the natives, anything is acceptable my good lad.
>>
>>151787480
No, it's historically implausible for an island nation to create an empire including major colonies in Africa.
>>
>>151787430
Based ich_can_into_space and OfficerDash
>>
>>151787649
>redditors based
/r/fugee detected, away with you
>>
>>151784490
Hardest to easiest:
>DH > CK2 > HoI3 > EU4 > EU3 > Vicky 1 > getting robbed/shot/shat/tortured in Brazil > Liquoria
>>
>>151787401
to be honest the ones bringing redditors here were the steamgroup, one of the admins and unhpm are redditors
>>
File: 1471157060068.png (289KB, 987x536px) Image search: [Google]
1471157060068.png
289KB, 987x536px
>>151787430
>redditors in charge of decent discussion
Did you just come from a debate class IN the 19th century?
>>
>>151782386
I don't know what I did but clearly this started shitposting, I'm just gonna stop
>>
File: awaywithyou.jpg (117KB, 930x523px) Image search: [Google]
awaywithyou.jpg
117KB, 930x523px
>>151787917
t. HPMIDF
>>
>>151788020
it's true though
>complain hpm is brinfing redditors here
>the ones complaining are known redditors
>>
>>151787816
Not your secret club mate ;-)

We Redditors have been here for ages
>>
>>151787949
t. Aeduh
>>
>>151788418
Aye, durr.
>>
>>151788287
*downboats*
>>
Does a commander with a trait like organizer or siege commander have to be in the center flank for him to affect the entire army?
>>
Requesting a HIP 2.4.5 link
>>
File: o5fUAWi.jpg (760KB, 1830x3212px) Image search: [Google]
o5fUAWi.jpg
760KB, 1830x3212px
Whenever I ask this I never get a proper answer, how did pic related become a popular meme here, despite being anti-/pol/? This place is essentially /pol/ plays vidya so how did this come about? The only possibilities I can envisage is either /gsg/ was at one point capable of self deprecating humour and the high degree of self awareness therein required to maintain that or that the people it was parodying were simply too ignorant to notice it and it passed right through them, so which is it, if it is indeed either of these hypothesis?
>>
>>151790337
it's a steamgroup image, you are putting way too much thought into it
>>
>>151790419
Is the steamgroup more left leaning than /gsg/?
>>
File: 1442284407432.jpg (233KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1442284407432.jpg
233KB, 712x1024px
>>151790337
This is not, nor has it ever been, "essentially /pol/." Nazis are not welcome here.
>>
>>151790217
Pretty sure this was the last version for the old patch
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1srtxcx6msxdy1h/HIP_-_HL_-_2016-01-24.7z
>>
>>151790505
only for memes
>>
>>151790337
>implying this is /pol/
More like /his/, with a lot more autism.
>>
File: 1470182837117.jpg (70KB, 335x525px) Image search: [Google]
1470182837117.jpg
70KB, 335x525px
>>151790337
>>151790419
>This place is essentially /pol/ plays vidya
>>
If I kill my mother who is not in the same dynasty as me will I still get kin slayer?
>>
>>151790959
It would be extremely painful.
>>
File: 1469663210856.png (7KB, 177x79px) Image search: [Google]
1469663210856.png
7KB, 177x79px
>>151791087
>>
>>151766048
>Samuél Hydeozales
He can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>Need 400 Karma to form a empire

Christ on a stick getting karma as a Indian is hard
out of the three indian religions which is the easiest to get karma?
>>
>>151791586
>which is the easiest to get karma?
The reddit religion which gives you karma when you make funny meem coments
>>
File: ScreenSave68.jpg (844KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenSave68.jpg
844KB, 1920x1080px
rate my mitteleuropa /gsg/
>>
>>151791586
Just post an Ulm meme, guarenteed 200+ upvotes
>>
>>151791723
Wow! Okay, this is actually extremely problematic right now, I don't know what sort of nazi fetish this is part of but please leave.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Staets made this game shit. Rate the only thing that I changed is the basic Idea groups so everyone has the same thing. I made everything in there slightly better because I couldnt feel the difference between picking some, and then made the ones people would never pick viable.
>>
>>151790959
Yes. If you kill a half-brother of a different dynasty I think it makes you kinslayer too.
>>
>>151791723
perfect my friend
>>
>>151792005
What are you on about? Also I'm interested in seeing how an observer runs if you have no special idea groups and national ideas.
>>
File: ScreenSave70.jpg (601KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenSave70.jpg
601KB, 1920x1080px
>>151792129
but its so groß
>>
>>151792378
>Yemeni flag
>>
>>151791768
>>151791714
I hate this board some times
>>
>>151792546
>this board
>not this general/thread
Helloooooooo reddit!
>>
>>151792378
How do you fight your battles, fampai?
>>
>>151752980
anarcho liberals m80
>>
>>151792854
Someone should make a funny meme event pack for an libs.

>You were walking through the streets of $CAPITAL$ when you saw a homeless person, out of nowhere a businessman in a top hat came up to him and started kicking him in the ribs, you asked what he was doing and he said that the homeless man's smell offended him, violating the NAP.
>Just another day in anclapistan +10 prestige
>I'll sell you a vial of white phosphorus to burn him with if you want -10 prestige +100£
>>
>>151793513
upboated
>>
>>151793667
t. rothbard
>>
File: 1470667929990.jpg (110KB, 592x816px) Image search: [Google]
1470667929990.jpg
110KB, 592x816px
>>151793513
>>
>>151793749
t. /r/fullcommunism
>>
>>151787954
bls don't
>>
>>151767325
I have a 2500k overclocked to 4.3GHZ and M&T ran just fine at speed 5. Also consider that my motherboard meme'd on me and turned off XMP, therefore making the RAM run slower (basically taking off a good chunk of the CPU's power).
>>
>>151770741
WW1 and Cold War.

Inb4 Darkest Hour and mememods.
>>
>>151793819
>national socialism doesn't exist
>>
>>151781530
Please respond.
>>
File: eu4_55.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eu4_55.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys this is my first ever Ottomans run. How am I doing for a world conquest so far?
>>
>>151773064
It's been an amazing ride anon
>>
>>151794774
Ottomans area harder version of Moscovy unless for some reason Austria goes down. The game Im playing now Austria got PUed by England. That would have made the Ottomans a cakewalk, but they havent touched anything Europe's side, didnt even finish the Byzantines who Venice is eating right now.
>>
>>151787867
Yes It's the absolute worse I've seen 50 dead bodies just this month and that's because I live in a city with a """murder rate of 11 per 100k""" and an """HDI of .803"""
We fake statistics a lot to pretend we're good at anything.
Other things we do:
>shoot eachother for fun
>throw rocks at eachother's head
>put the paper in the bin
>throw children at running cars for welfare money
>buy tourists' wifes and gfs and sell them to Turkey
>genocide natives (something the developed world has never seen)
>rape
>pillage
>pretend we invented shit the US did
>shit on the streets
>pretend we're cordial while we're the most uncivilized people ever seen
>plastic surgeries paid by the government to pretend we have white and/or pretty people
>kill the elderly for being elderly
>breed like rats
>pretend we have a middle class
>steal American culture because we don't have any
>build houses without cement
>poo on the ocean
>pee on the ocean
>try to block ambulances on emergencies
>poo on the bin
>pee on the bin
>use knifes to poo
>use knifes to shop for free
>steal phones to literally unironically throw them away in no time
>try to block liveleak
>get zika
>>
>>151793756
Seriously what does this /lat/ meme even represent? Is it some weird super capitalism meme?
>>
>>151757425
>Be a small jew count in the middle out of nowhere
>Manage to get land in the sacred land
>declare independence forming the israel kingdom
>Suddenly mongol-byzantine-castillian-iroquos-austriahungary-Platypus Empire coalition forms against me

אוי ואבוי
>>
>>151795149
what video game
>>
>>151795149
>t. angry little brown man
>>
>>151795253
Anarcho capitalism. Basically you can do whatever you want with your property. Bet you could even charge the people dieing of Anthrax for taking your spores and using them, and if they dont pay you can shoot them for breaking the NAP.
>>
>>151795253
It's not a /lat/ meme anymore, it had the colours of the anarcho capitalist flag superimposed on it, the meme being that the morally repulsive caption it accompanies is not only acceptable but an intended byproduct of the Anarcho-Capitalist system, that's why he's smiling and giving a thumbs up.
>>
>>151771005
>hate french love muslim paki rape gangs

truly british
>>
How do you play DH
>>
File: eu4_56.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eu4_56.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151794774

OK guys, I just played a bit of my Ottomans game. I think it's going very well!
>>
File: 1470665404097.jpg (127KB, 1403x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1470665404097.jpg
127KB, 1403x1408px
>>151795253
>>
>>151795391
>get a 3 year old to sign a contract making them your slave for their entire life
>if they break it they're breaking the NAP and you can do what you want in retaliation
>private courts would support this
Call me a christfag all you want, but this is why Western Europe and America will collapse. A society without a moral compass will always fall.
>>
How come HPM removed Wake Island?
>>
>>151795810
Actually Children are the property of their parents so they can be bought and sold.
>>
>>151795921
>get poor people to sell their children to wealthy people

Wait, this is A Modest Proposal!
>>
>>151785102
I'm honestly more comfortable with HOI3 than with EU4/CK2, but then again I think it's solely because I can set up OOBs and automate theaters without having the AI fucking things up.
>>
>>151796042
Anarcho Capitalism is just a return to Feudalism where people have a scramble for 50 or so years before the classes are locked into place. Want to be warrior caste? join the private military. Noble? Better get something worth selling fast. Ruler? Have cash for the private armies. Everyone else is a peasant or lower.
>>
>>151796042
>>151796182
>not just returning to tribalism
Comfy desu, if difficult. Tried camping for a month, was hard fucking shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (18KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 235x214px
>>151795921
Murdering your children breaks the NAP but it's perfectly legal to starve them to death.

I wonder at what age children stop being property of their parents.
>>
>>151796343
Too many people for that, authoritarianism is our future.
>>
>>151796182
So basically volunteer to be killed or don't get out competed by the people that are already rich as balls. Got it.
>>
>>151796428
;_;
>>
>>151796414
>tfw you just broke the NAP by posting a thumnail
oh shi
>>
>>151795901
>atoll with no potable water
I don't even see the reason for it to be in in the first place.
>>
>>151796594
just seemed like an odd thing to do
>>
>>151795650
kys yourself
>>
How many people actually agree that Rattachism, Belgian reunification with France, should be simulated in some way in HPM?
>>
>>151797118
I think Waloons should be able to be reaccepted into france
>>
>>151797118
>>151797190

>reunification
>reaccepted
It wasn't originally a part of France.
>>
>>151797229
Yes it was
>>
>>151797341
No it wasn't.
>>
>>151795921
That's not how that works at all
>>
File: ck2_17.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_17.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>151797412
CK2 says it was.
>>
>>151797773
Franks are germans so are you saying it's part of germany?
By that logic italy or the roman republic should get a decision to "reunify" and "reaccepted" half of europe.
>>
>>151797876
I'm pretty sure that says "Francia." What, two German empires in one Europe? Preposterous!
>>
>>151797773
By that logic Korea should "reunify" and "reaccepted" all of asia and Finland the same with
europe.

see: pre-Hyperwar Hwan Empire and Ancient Finnish Empire
>>
>>151798025
It could say "France" and it would still be a shit argument. Trying to use de jure bullshit from CK2 worse start date is literally retarded when they can barely get any shit right in the more modern start dates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francia
> also called the Kingdom of the Franks
>>
>>151798171
What the fuck is the origin of the "Ancient Finnish Empire" that somehow predates river valley civilizations by several thousands of years meme?
>>
File: 1470994036942.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1470994036942.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>151798248
>>
Saying Francia doesn't represent France is like saying the Republic of Ireland doesn't represent Ireland because the majority language is English. It's the same territory, it's the same people.
>>
>>151798454
Which should be germanic.

Trying to use the Franks to justify "reunification" would be like Italians trying to justify "reunification" the whole of France, Iberia and a good part of the UK.
>>
>>151797876
Germanic doesn't mean german
>>
>>151798656
idk man wallonian is in the French culture group. Sounds like it belongs in France.
>>
File: Italian_Fascist_Empire.png (7KB, 344x241px) Image search: [Google]
Italian_Fascist_Empire.png
7KB, 344x241px
>>151798656
>implying that isn't exactly what mussomeymey wanted
>>
>>151798454
>Francia represents France
No, it doesn't. Completely different entities.

It's not even the same people either because Franks were invaders and got invaded and enriched by Normans and the English.

It wasn't even a single group of people.

>>151798748
>Germanic
>having characteristics of or attributed to Germans or Germany.
>>
>>151798807
No it isn't, it's in beneluxian.

>>151798852
>Taking Fascist propaganda seriously.
>>
>>151799000
>beneluxian is a culture group
i have never wewed so gratuitously
>>
>>151798874
Time for the Germans to reunify the Nordic nations, England, and Austria.
>>
>>151799071
t. ameritard

>>151799078
Don't forget Sweden/Mongolia reunifying with Russia.
>>
>>151799156
>French, German and Dutch people are a single culture group
no it is you sir who are the amirtard
>>
>>151799000
>beneluxian culture

This is what belgians belive in their non-country
>>
>>151799237
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: kaiokekx40.jpg (18KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
kaiokekx40.jpg
18KB, 292x257px
>>151798406
>>
>>151797484
Actually it is, anything made from your own means of production is yours, and if slavery is legal then there is no reason that children arent your slaves. Since there are no laws there is nothing saying that you cant do that.
>>
File: 231525.jpg (25KB, 644x407px) Image search: [Google]
231525.jpg
25KB, 644x407px
>>151799000
>beneluxian
>this implies that belgium has a culture
>>
>>151799301
>this much damage control
Transcript of our conversation:

>idk man wallonian is in the French culture group. Sounds like it belongs in France.

>No it isn't, it's in beneluxian.

>>beneluxian is a culture group
>i have never wewed so gratuitously

>t. ameritard

>>French, German and Dutch people are a single culture group
>no it is you sir who are the amirtard

>Who are you quoting?
>>
>>151799397
In the rich man's house, there's no where to spit but in his face.
>>
File: Nigel Farage.jpg (107KB, 770x1233px) Image search: [Google]
Nigel Farage.jpg
107KB, 770x1233px
>>151799456
>>
post yfw the German Empire is #1 on the list of Great Nations, and SWITZERLAND is #8
>>
>>151799565
>doesn't even know what culture group walloons are in game
>try to damage control by strawmamming
classic amerilard discussion
>>
>>151799565
This is what happens when paradox teach history
>Goths and greeks share culture bounds, this is called the crimean-greek culture group
>Hungarians and romanians share cultural bounds, this is called the carpanthia culture group
>You see the caucasus montains? this is filled with people of similar cultures that can understand each other, the caucasian-culture group

The only thing left is the turkish-kurdish cultural bound
>>
>>151799721
He is a paedophile, he is a nonce, he is a perv, he is a slot badger, he is a two pin din plug, he is a bush dodger, he is a small bean regarder, he is a unabummer, he is a nut administrator, he is a bent ref, he is the crazy world of Arthur Brown, he is a fence foal, he is a free willy, he is a chimney bottler, he is a bunty man, he is a shrub rocketeer
>>
File: eu4_57.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eu4_57.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>151799802
>>
>>151799846
All the peoples of Europe share the same cultural bond through their aryan nordic ancestors
>>
>>151799802
>he takes his knowledge of cultural and lingustic groups from EU4
WEW

>>151799846
Don't forget Turkey has absolutely no link to central asia whatsoever.
>>
>>151799846
well, i prefer the one we used to have,
the abomination that was the "turkish-greek" culture group

now the main awful one is the "levantine" that includes the turks, for whatever reason
>>
File: 541235.jpg (75KB, 620x430px) Image search: [Google]
541235.jpg
75KB, 620x430px
>>151799935
He is a hero
>>
>>151800107
>Ocitannian in french group
>Breton in French group
For fucks sake.
>>
>>151800107
>we are talking about EU4
>using EU4 as a reference
Can't get any lower.

>>151800154
I'm not the one doing it.
>>
File: Theodoro.png (6KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
Theodoro.png
6KB, 192x128px
>>151799846
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Goths#Byzantium

>official languge Greek
>putting it in the Greek culture group is stupid lmao

2. True, but what the fuck is the point of a culture group with literally only one culture in it?

3. eeeehhhhhhhh
>>
>>151800276
true. Bretons should be celts and Occitans should not be French. Not sure what they'd be, though.
>>
>>151800310
>I'm not the one doing it.
So you agree the French speaking Waloons shouls be able to unify with their fellow French speakers in France?
>>
>>151800107
So when will Hungary be able to reaccept the Slovaks or when will Scotland be able to reunify with Ireland?
>>
>>151800464
In a group with Catalan.
>>
>>151800474
No, that's some retarded shit.
I'm rejecting your notion that they are int he same culture group, which is some shit you took from EU4.
>>
>>151800335
>Following the report by Busbecq, numerous European travelers went to visit the Crimea, Torquatus visited the Crimea in the mid- to late 16th century in which he reported the existence of Goths who spoke their own language, but used Greek, Tatar and Hungarian in dealing with outsiders.

By that logic russia and france should share cultural groups since the russian monarchs spoke french daily and used french to speak with people from other places of europe
>>
File: Bec_supradialectal.jpg (72KB, 582x686px) Image search: [Google]
Bec_supradialectal.jpg
72KB, 582x686px
>>151800464
Gascon, Occitan and Catalan should be in a culture group together
>>
File: Lenguas_de_Oil.png (22KB, 580x506px) Image search: [Google]
Lenguas_de_Oil.png
22KB, 580x506px
>>151800626
It's not from EU4, you bloody EU delegate, it's from real life. Belgium is a non country comprised of two entirely different people who have nothing in common.
>>
>>151800802
Well I'm talking about the game, int he game they are in the benelux group.
>he takes all his knowledge from memes
>he thinks that walloon language didnt change over the years
American education system.
>>
>>151800951
>walloon language

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>151800951
The games are supposed to simulate real life you fucking imbecile. We're discussing HPM, not EU4. You know absolutely nothing of what you're talking about and look like a mong.

8/10, made me fuxking mad.
>>
Guys pls stop:
>>>/int/63485635

I thought we were done with this
>>
>>151800951
lad... while I guess it makes sense for the Dutch to be a separate culture group from the Germans, Walloon should definitely a part of the French culture group
>>
>>151801053
Yeah and they do. Not to mentioning thinking language is the same thing as culture would put the americans and Nigeria in the same culture group.

>>151801153
Old Walloon had shit all to do with French language and language isn't the same thing as culture.
>>
>>151801272
>Old Walloon had shit all to do with French language
Languages don't just fucking appear, this wasn't like old Prussians, that language was a derivative of other langues d'oïl and so was mutually intelligible with the other languages in that group.
>>
>>151801272
>Not to mentioning thinking language is the same thing as culture would put the americans and Nigeria in the same culture group.
People who speak the same language are automatically the same culture, though they can be removed due to multiple factors like history, religion, geography and other such things. For example, Americans aren't British culture because they fought a revolution to gain independence from Britain, so despite speaking the same language they're not the same culture.

The Wallonians never declared war on the French, so they're still the same culture.
>>
>>151801497
Languages differ and change over time retard. Just because they all have a common point of origin doesn't make them mutually intelligible. Old Walloon wasn't mutually intelligible with modern french.

Old english isn't even mutually intelligible with modern english.

Also language isn't the same thing as culture.

>>151801680
>People who speak the same language are automatically the same culture
Nope, stopped reading there. You are a retard.
>>
>>151801759
Old Waloon was mutually intelligible with Old French because they were both Langues d' oïl.
>>
File: 1446646088883.jpg (1MB, 1942x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1446646088883.jpg
1MB, 1942x1223px
>>151798248
rightful clay
>>
>>151801759
>Nope, stopped reading there. You are a retard.
Had you kept reading, you'd have seen my point, I get the feeling reading isn't your strong suite though.
>>
>>151801946
Old French is from around 1400 while the Walloon language kept up as a separate language until the francophonization in the late XIX century.

>>151802073
I don't read to read anymore from someone who thinks that someone is automatically the same culture by speaking the same language. It already tells me how retarded they are.
>>
>>151802209
>Old French is from around 1400 while the Walloon language kept up as a separate language until the francophonization in the late XIX century
It's little more than a dialect, as I say, they were both from the d' oïl group and as such were extremely similar.
>>
Give me some fun characters to play in HIP
>>
>>151802209
>I don't read to read anymore from someone who thinks that someone is automatically the same culture by speaking the same language. It already tells me how retarded they are
Well had you just gone back and read even a single word more you'd have seen that wasn't what I'm saying, but I suppose it's easier just to call peoppe retards than refute their points.
>>
>>151802380
Boudaouin V Alamerici
>>
>>151802323
Today it is because of the francophonization process. It wasn't in the XIX century.
>>
>>151802461
Okay, so what language group was Old Wallonian in, according to you, if it wasn't in the d' oïl group, accodding to you?
>>
>>151802425
No reason to argue with a retard who thinks that

I guess you are too dumb to understand how wrong you are.
>>
>>151802572
Okay, because you're trying to show how cool illiteracy is I'll copy and paste the rest of it, again, to see if we can try to get you to learn to read entire sentences before dismissing things.

>, though they can be removed due to multiple factors like history, religion, geography and other such things. For example, Americans aren't British culture because they fought a revolution to gain independence from Britain, so despite speaking the same language they're not the same culture.

>The Wallonians never declared war on the French, so they're still the same culture.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 572x48px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 572x48px
>>151802535
Gallo-Romance. Pre francophonization walloon wasn't mutually intelligible with french.

>>151802720
I won't read something from someone who thinks that
Illiteracy, by the way, is the the inability to read or write. I can obviously do that, that's how I can discard your retarded opinions on culture so easily.
>>
>>151803019
Ahah, so you're refusing to read, something you claim you can easily do, becauss you can't think of a way to refute my point.

Show me when the Wallonians declsred war on the French.
>>
>>151803154
There's no point in arguing with you, you are too dumb to even say how dumb is the shit you just spewed.

'Wallonia' was never a separate country, your argument is shit.
>>
>>151803019
HPM adds a decision for the Dutch to reintegrate the Afrikaners. If Afrikaners can learn to speak Dutch then the Walloons can learn to speak French.
>>
>>151803293
>literally gets BTFO with his "muh walloon is the same as french"
>try to backpedals in "muh boers"
>>
>>151803265
Exactly, so the Walloons and French spoke the same language and had no history of war together, therefore they are the same culture.
>>
In liq 2, why does Austria-Hungary get so assmad if the German Empire gets a hold of Bohemia?
>>
>>151803409
Your picture proves me as wrong as it proves me right.
"Walloons had a rudimentary knowledge of French". If the languages weren't mutually intelligible, at least partially, they would have NO knowledge of French.
>>
>>151803418
>same language
You obviously can't read >>151803019
>therefore they are the same culture

Since Nigeria and the US never went to war and both have english as official languages I guess the US and Nigeria have the same culture.

>because a people never had a state to declare a war on another state they are therefore the same culture
kek
>>
File: Map-1-1300-BC.jpg (919KB, 2383x973px) Image search: [Google]
Map-1-1300-BC.jpg
919KB, 2383x973px
Are there any grand strategy games where i can form a volga battleaxe empire?
>>
>>151803529
They are latin languages you dumb retard, anyone who speaks one of them has a rudimentary knowledge of the other. That's how languages work, if you have a common point of origin that isn't too far in time and you didn't have any major events to change it you will have a rudimentary knowledge of other languages. Now arguing that every latin language is mutually intelligible is completely retarded.

>mutual intelligibility is a relationship between languages or dialects in which speakers of different but related varieties can readily understand each other without intentional study or special effort.
>rudimentary knowledge
>>
>>151803542
>the walloons partially understood french
>this means the languages WEREN'T mutually intelligible
???

>>because a people never had a state to declare a war on another state they are therefore the same culture
>strawmanning this hard
Had you been able to read what I've said you'd know that being at war was one of the perquisites for peoples of the same language to be a different culture, like Yankees and Dixies.
>>
>>151803614
>transhuman pastoral chiefdoms
>>
>>151803684
If you actually spoke a romance language you'd know that you don't have a rudimentary knowledge of other romance languages. Someone from Quebec couldn't understand someone from Romania, despite your meme theory.
>>
>>151803783
Dixies had a different culture even before the civil war. I'm for the French having walloon as accepted but come on man use some better arguements
>>
>>151803614
>Proto-Thai
>prototype
heh
>>
>>151803783
>rudimentary knowledge of something
>means mutually intelligible
Nowhere it says they "partially" understood french, it said most people spoke walloon and had only a rudimentary knowledge of French. Do you even know what rudimentary means?
>involving or limited to basic principles.
>walloons share a few words with other latin languages
>they become mutually intelligible and the same thing

>being at war was one of the perquisites for peoples of the same language to be a different culture, like Yankees and Dixies.
wew, am I being baited or is someone literally this retarded?

>>151803867
I actually speak a romance language and I know for a fact anyone who speaks it has a rudimentary knowledge in other latin languages.
>>
>>151803913
The culture came about because of slavery and slavery alone. There was no north/south split before 1800.
>>
>Be playing as the German Empire in late 1880's
>colonize Wake Island
>USA gets butthurt and declares war on me
>BTFO America as I seized Quebec from the UK in our first war back in the 1850's
>foolishly accept white peace
>USA declares war again a year later
Why are burgers such fucking morons?
>>
File: citaton-needed.png (47KB, 2400x259px) Image search: [Google]
citaton-needed.png
47KB, 2400x259px
>>151804012
>The culture came about because of slavery and slavery alone. There was no north/south split before 1800.
>>
>>151804002
>I actually speak a romance language and I know for a fact anyone who speaks it has a rudimentary knowledge in other latin languages.
Chatting up your anime pillow doesn't count as a romance language you stupid spic.
>>
>>151804012
I was not denying that I was denying that there was no split before the civil war
>>
>>151804125
I'm not a third worlder like you. If I was, I might actually be dumb enough to agree with you.
>>
>>151804138
By "war" I meant hostilities. For example, there was no Australian culture before Gallipoli.
>>
ITT: /pol/ tier ''''''''''arguments'''''''''' about '''''cultures'''''
>>
>>151804209
>speaks a romance language
>not a third worlder
hmm
>>
>>151804370
t. 1/3 latin language
>>
>>151804302
>culture doesn't exist
Fuck off, lefty/pol/
>>
File: 1460611852649.png (35KB, 556x110px) Image search: [Google]
1460611852649.png
35KB, 556x110px
>>151803867
Another part outright stating that walloon had nothing to do with french and wasn't mutually intelligible.
Do you need a drawing too?
>theoretically mutually intelligible
>had nothing to do with french
>inb4 it's completely mutually intelligible
>>
>>151804012
>There was no north/south split before 1800.
this is grade A shitposting
>>
>>151804264
>no australian culture before gallipoli
wew lad
>>
>>151804302
We're just memeing lad, take it easy
>>
>>151804483
No, it's legit retardation. He unironically believes what he's writing.
>>
>>151804517
t. australian republican
>>
>>151804596
t. proud dixie
>>
>>151804720
t. filthy yank
>>
>>151804474
If they spoke an entirely unique language why did rattachism even exist?
>>
realistically - who would succeed hitler?

i need to know for my custom ruler
>>
>>151804981
me
>>
>>151804981
stalin
>>
>>151804981
If Hess wasn't imprisoned during his peace mission, he would have succeeded Hitler as head of the Party, and therefore, realistically, the nation.
>>
>>151804868
Read on the fucking Walloon movement. The elites became fully francophile by the beginning of 20th century, when the walloon movement was born. The flemish tried to literally wipe out wallloon language, culture and identity. The walloon movement was created as a reaction to that and as an affirmation of the walloon identity.
Rattachism is a primarily modern movement. The place where it sprung up, the Walloon movement, is literally about Walloons having a unique identity. During the victorian era the only ones who wanted anything with France were the radical liberals.
>>
>>151805232
>literally making shit up
The entire creation of Belgium was because of the French speaking Walloons.
>The Southern Netherlands declared independence, becoming the Kingdom of Belgium. However, some of the proponents of secession from the Netherlands, preferred union with France rather than an independent country, but the major European powers decided on an independent neutral Belgium in the Treaty of London. The Flemish of the new state of Belgium now became as oppressed by the francophones of Wallonia as the latter had been under Dutch rule, leading to the tensions and movements for Flemish independence ever since.
>>
>>151805384
>literally doesn't know anything about walloons and make shit up about walloon language
>tries to say I'm doing it
>meanwhile he LITERALLY copies an article of wikipedia on rattachism that literally says "This article does not cite any sources."
>while I brought non wikipedia sources to him
Grasping at straws here.
>>
>>151795253
no my friend

that "que picardia"

those dumb anti ancap big govt fucks used the same image as a base
>>
>>151805541
>non wikipedia source
>literally just black and white text that he could have wrote himself
wew
>>
*distant sounds of frantically searching wikipedia*
>>
Enough of this Walloon nonsense. What is the best nation to play as in Vic 2 if you want Fascism to work?
>>
>>151805740
*tips roads*
>>
>>151806009
Literalky any country, fascism is GOAT because you can build factories, have a big military, yet still care for your own people.
>>
>>151804786
t.filthy frank
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 497x76px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 497x76px
>>151805853
>he literally can't type shit on google to verify it

Split Screen: Belgian Cinema and Cultural Identity By Philip Mosley
Encyclopedia of the Stateless Nations By James Minahan
Elites, Language, and the Politics of Identity: The Norwegian Case in Comparative Perspective (Suny Series in National Identities)
by Gregg Bucken-Knapp

The source I used and some more on the walloon resistance against french occupation and the differences betwen French and them.

All are better than what you brought, which is literally nothing but your ignorance on the subject.
>>
Which /lat/ country is the best to play in HPM?
>>
File: 1471122553488.jpg (89KB, 1100x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1471122553488.jpg
89KB, 1100x1113px
>>151806220
>>
>>151806236
>French domination generated joint resistance by the Flemings and Walloons.
>t. James Minahan
>absolutely no source
Great, so now we know James Minahan's opinion, but seen as there is still no source I guess he can fuck off too.
>>
How can I increase the availability of a product in V2? To be precise, coal.
>>
>>151806236
Lad, dont try to argue with filthy franks
Anybody who goes after geographical borders ignoring cultural ones is a retard
>>151806482
t.hur all historians only whote their oppinion not facts, wallonians fighting against the french makes no sence to protect their culture is rong
look at me how retarded i am
>>
>>151806403
Argentina
>>
>>151806557
conquer coal provinces
>>
>>151806625
>im a retard
>t. the guy who said benelux was a culture group
*Tips franco-dutch imperial communism*
>>
>>151806403
Uruguay
Nigeria
Italy
Nicaragua
San Marino
Trinidad and Tobago
Argentina
Lebanon
Lesotho
>>
>>151806708
I can bet the next HPM update will fuck with the culture groups
Same happened for the serbia recolour and tibetan slaves
>>
>>151806708
>>151806482

>he stills can't understand that language groups aren't culture groups
>he still can't understand that benelux is a culture group in game
>he needs to try to discredit the source since he lacks A N Y T H I N G to back anything his claims
Straws man.
>>
>>151806687
Does having friendly relationships with producer countries help?
>>
>>151806875
You have to sphere then
>>
File: v2_6.jpg (482KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
v2_6.jpg
482KB, 1280x1024px
R8 my Greek blob, still ruled under absolute monarch. How do I turn facist, tho?
>>
New Thread
>>151806947
>>151806947
>>151806947
>>151806947
>>
Ok goyim, listen up. If I pi*ate the dlcs for EU4, will they work if I put them into my Steam purchased game folder?
>>
>>151806864
>he still thinks benelux is a xulture group
Literally how are they a group, do you even know what group means? It doesn't mean "polar opposites that happen to be near each other "geographically" because by that definition then Russia and North Korea are a group.
>>
>>151806952
>blobbed bulgaria and egypt
>didn't even take rest of anatolia
kys
>>
>>151807090
>he can't understand we are talking about the game
You have some reading comprehension problems.
>>
>>151806848
What do you think he would do?
The serbia recoloring was literally something someone requested and I don't remember anything with tibetan slaves.
>>
>>151804470
Wait, but isn't culture super important to leftist politics? Its where the moral relativism meme comes from.
>I can't criticize honor killings, its not my culture!
>>
File: FirstFrenchEmpire.png (1MB, 2000x2100px) Image search: [Google]
FirstFrenchEmpire.png
1MB, 2000x2100px
What should my goals be as France in Victoria 2—besides taking the Rhine border? Is taking all of India feasible?
>>
>>151806952
>Not anatolia
>not iraq
>not persia
>Afghanistan is a thing
>That tiny eternal anglo suez canal

2/10 at least you got Sparta this time, Alexander
>>
>>151808448
That's an empire?
Latin America/Area
8.135 million mi2
>>
In ck2 when does the ahead tech penalty go away? I cant stand gavel kind succession. How hard is it to write on a piece of paper "I want everything to go to my first born"?
>>
>>151810464
>Have a child
>kill your wife
>Fap to the rest of your life

It's not that difficult anon
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 162

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.