[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ RimWorld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 769
Thread images: 128

File: free loot.png (748KB, 791x637px) Image search: [Google]
free loot.png
748KB, 791x637px
Free loot edition.

http://rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: http://pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed) (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.
>>
nigga how da FUK do i get a functional settlement going
every time it's 1 colonist being a moody little faggeroni, 1 being too good for hard work, and 1 cripple doing all the work
>>
>>151718356
dead thread
dead gaem
>>
>>151718614
Rerolls man. First colonists are important.
And be sure to give them big space areas, and some plant pots so they don't get pissy. They are a bunch of self important uppity shits and those moodlets are what hurt ya
>>
File: WHITE POWA & SHIET.png (3MB, 2041x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE POWA & SHIET.png
3MB, 2041x1520px
I'm building an Aryan nation. All my colonists are white and blonde apart from an honorary Asian girl. And only whites and Asians are allowed.
We also ride a shitload of bears into battle if the outer perimeter is breached. Only bears are allowed as pets.

This game is growing onto me.
>>
>>151718614
I'm drowning in fucking prisoners to feed, 8 of them after 3 survivors from the last siege

fucking healroot needs to hurry up and come so I can harvest these lazy fucks that are eating me out of existence
>>
>>151719592
I think i may start imprisoning all dark skinned raiding parties who survive, replace all the body parts that i can with bionic implants and brain implants (to make proper unruly slaves), and put them to eternal field work to accumulate shekels from the arriving orbital happy merchants.
>>
>>151719592
why is your turret layout like that
>>
>>151720018
I spaced it so that when mobs of raiders and other shit attack, they will be squeezed between 2 parallel facing turrets and get blasted by those turrets exploding after the bullets have done their thing to maximum effect;
while the neighboring columns or rows of turrets are unaffected by the explosions.
I basically jumbled together turrets and IED's into one defense by using turrets as IED's themselves.
The orbital transports come almost daily with Randy Randumb, so i can always repair and replace shit. I don't mind the sacrifice.
>>
>>151719592
is there a mod that allows for smaller rooms without mood penalty

this is a frontier settlement not some 4 star hotel
>>
>>151720521
how do you handle losing 175x2 steel per double explosion ;_;
>>
>can harvest organs from people, euthanize them, and cannibalize them
>or just feed them to your animals if your colony is too butthurt
>vat-grown sex slaves exist as a background and sex is a major mechanic for keeping people happy
>no sex slave mod
Welp
>>
Opinions on Autodoors for freezer?
>>
>>151719592

>dat battery room
>dat solar panel stack

Lack of lighting, furniture and comfy aside stacking batteries, solar panels or anything in general like that guarantees an uncontrollable firestorm destroys everything because your colonists aren't able to put out the fires in the middle slots.

At least you're not a filthy embrasure abusing nigger.
>>
>>151720869
What the fuck are you doing with the steel slags for it to be a full 175? After smelting that shit, enough is recycled that one orbital happy merchant is sufficient to replace 2 raids worth of turrets (and it's never more than ~8 turrets that get blasted for me anyway, 2 turrets exploding already wipe out like 4 enemy raiders, raiders will be running away before ever getting farther).
Only tribe raiders are a question due to numbers, but i'll get that covered with mortars (since most of the time they wait before they attack and i have a kick out of sending a volley of napalm in the midst of them).
>>
>>151721106

Use them. The amount of time it takes for colonists to open the fucking things do effect how fast meals get made. I remember cutting out a large freezer for my colonists once since my old one was getting too small and made it not more than 5 tiles away and forgot to place auto doors and the rate of meal creation plummeted to the point where I had to assign people to fucking cooking fires to keep up production since I didn't have the components to build anything.
>>
>>151721164
What fire starting?
The rooms will have shitloads of firefoam soon. The solar panel stack, is away from the wires enough. I can stuff firefoam there too (i can just replace 2 of them with firefoam to cover the whole area near the wire on the upper side of the wall).
I thought about the wires, don't you mind about that.
>>
>>151721178
if you plan on losing turrets it seems more efficient to have a couple at an angle where all other turrets can fire at it and the enemies behind it.
>>
>>151721425
The enemies have gotten smarter as of late.
I did that in the early versions of the game, but now many enemies go onward after just 2 or 3 are stuck in 1 area.
>>
>>151721370

iirc firefoam poppers will only activate if the popper block catches fire unless that's been changed or I'm an idiot.
>>
Berserk mental breaks don't make sense
>my ally died so I better kill the rest of them as well
>>
>>151721818
I've always had them pop near an explosion.
In the worst case scenario, i can just replace the lower part of the wall with poppers. The red line is the only wire in the area.
You just need one point connecting to the panels and shit since panels and wind turbines are by themselves wires (that don't explode).
>>
File: hurr.png (246KB, 499x349px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
246KB, 499x349px
>>151722073
>>
What are the best traits and skills to start out?
>>
>>151722319
Sanguine and Beautiful.
>>
>there is no "sex" skill
THIS GAME IS SHIT
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
>>
File: stan thumbsup.gif (2MB, 390x294px) Image search: [Google]
stan thumbsup.gif
2MB, 390x294px
>>151721319
Thanks for reply!
Now I need to wait for components.
>>
>>151721319
>>151722974
Why don't you guys just cook in the freezer?
>>
>>151723293
Stove produces heat
also it feels weird.
>>
Why can't I install prosthetics on animals?

My fox lost a leg, and I wanted a relevant picture. Never, ever Google "fox prosthetic" unless you feel like nightmares is your thing.
>>
>>151723745
A Dog Said mod.
>>
>>151723745
>fox prosthetic
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is this a good idea?

An internal vent that has a no 1 wide no roof section above it. Gives me complete heat dissipation, while protecting the heaters from external attack, as you can have your freezer in the middle of your base rather than on an external wall.

I guess you can also use freezers to "heat" your base, but this gives me control over temperature during Summer (you don't want freezer exhaust heat making your base an oven.

I suppose this middle section could be expanded to be bigger and grow some crops inside?
>>
File: 1424177027143.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424177027143.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>151723745
Jesus Christ, it's that whole Goofy thing all over again.
>>
>>151723745
I always dreaned of installing bionic legs on my turtles.
>>
>>151724902
why does vudojir have such a shit room?
>>
>>151725239
Probably has an ascetic trait.
>>
>>151724902
this is giving me ptsd from the thought of having to haul a potato by slowwalking over a thousand potato stacks
>>
>>151719334
>>151719663
Thanks guys. Sorry I swore.
>>
>>151719663
Shoot the fuckers

Sure, it isn't efficient, or cost effective

But God it is so satisfying to watch your little pawn move from shit head to shit head as they lie bleeding on the ground, putting bullets into their heads until they stop moving, their comrades hearing their screams and not being able to do anything but writhe in agony

Sorry if I sound aroused, it's because I am
>>
Can a fag seduce a non-fag? This is important. A pawn's life depends on it, as in I will send him to death if he keeps getting these crazy debuffs.
>>
>meant to exit to main menu on my permadeath save to get it saved so i can alt + f4 later if i fail
>loaded the previous save instead and lost several hours of playtime
>>
>>151724902
The downside to this is that you can't use the exhaust to heat up the rest of the base in winter, putting a cap on it will pretty much nullify the cooling. On the other hand, I'm not sure how the airvent will react if in summer because it counts as being in contact with the outside.
>>
>>151727207
Yes. Less than 1% chance though. You can isolate him by just giving him a night owl schedule and make him haul shit.
>>
>>151727154
I tried doing that once but as soon as I killed the first one the rest of his buddies lined up to eat the corpse
>>
>>151727154
>comrades

found the commie shitposter
>>
>>151727207
>take fag
>replace all his body parts with bionic parts
>stuff that brain implant which gives permanent joy into his head
>outfit the fag with power armor
>outfit the bionic-fag with weapons if he's got good ranged
>if good at melee, outfit two of those mechanoid claws instead of bionic arms
>build a small separate house for fag on the outer perimeter of your base and set up a "fag zone" only for him
>use him as defense and for growing something in that restricted "fag zone"
>>
Are Randy's raids random in scale as well as timing? Can I get a 30-man raid even if I have zero wealth (which the raiders can magically deduce)?
>>
How do you guys even manage to survive in Glittertech? Been playing on Cass/Challenge and those orion guys just bumrush me with shields and exoskeletons.
>>
>>151728623
Nah, everything still scales. You might get hit by a barrage of them and they scale of the loot too quickly for you to react. My tribal went from chucking pilas to Anti-material rifles from 4 raids.
>>
>>151728623
>(which the raiders can magically deduce)
fuck off with this meme
>>
>group A visits
>group B visits
>groups A and B are enemies
>fight breaks out in the middle of the night
>group A kidnaps member of B
>B panic
>start tunneling out of my base instead of using the fucking doors

ok.jpg
>>
>sleeping sickness

Fuck this game
>>
File: 1469055825585.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1469055825585.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>>151730167
>the guy from A dropped 7x ostrich eggs and I didn't notice
>they just hatched in my freezer

god damnit
>>
>game doesn't have colonist grouping and hotkey assignment by default
OH, BUT WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS THAT WE HAVE 2 KINDS OF FUCKING WOLVES TO APPEASE THE FURFAGGOTS.
FUCKING PRIORITIZATION!
>>
>>151730438
you do realize the difference in work required for this two features right
>>
>>151730491
10 minutes of work considering the fucking mods that enable the same thing.
>>
>>151730558
>mods can do it
>therefore 10 minutes of work
>>
>>151730656
>dumbass acts like a smartass
>dumbass gets answer because he was too stupid to look up how much modification the mods made to enable this shit, answering his own question
>dumbass gets rekt
>dumbass is now in eternal backpeddaling mode
Yeah.
>>
>>151730438
There are technically 6 kinds of wolves.
>>
>>151731102
The actual wolves should have higher wildness, and higher attack.
>>
>>151731102
Yeah, but we still need more. None of the current kinds appeal to my fursona.
>>
File: hurry and die.jpg (280KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hurry and die.jpg
280KB, 1280x1440px
>>151730736
>bitch about the absence of one feature because another exists even though they have absolutely no relation to each other, including in amount of effort
>pretend that because something can be modded in it only takes 10 minutes
>shitpost
>>
>>151731302
>weeb shitposter
At least post Yaoi like normal people you fucking virgin pedo.
>>
If I keep collapsing a roof when inside a mountain will it eventually run out?
>>
>kill your brother and father in a raid
>get infections in the wounds they gave you
>berserk spiral and never allow anyone to treat you
>die of infection

you deserved it
>>
Why the fuck are my colonists get the 'saw a rotten corpse' debuff when they're on the other side of a rock wall and can't see them
>>
>>151731461
"Overhead Mountain" roofs are infinite, unfortunately.
It'd take a gigantic strain on hardware and game performance to implement actual block counts for that shit.
Let's say making the game build a mountain based on the highest point for the map, where each block upwards translates to 1 meter of stone.
Imagine having to do 1000 fucking blocks of stone in maps with bigger mountains, and the game needs to track and tell you how many blocks each space has above it.
Fuck that shit.
>>
>spend 2 hours trying to figure out the best approach to kill or capture an entire raid
>the trick was to just bait half the raiders into a distant spider's nest of death traps because they'll stay enough intact for long enough that my gunners can mop up the other raiders
>>
>>151732002
>too late to crop it slightly higher and rename the pic emu war
DAMN IT
>>
>>151732002
now the question is how do you get rid of the bodies or survivors without triggering your own traps
>>
>>151732002
The next wave will have them knowing where all your triggered trap is because the survivors told them so. You need to make the trap unavoidable to repeatedly use them or move them around.
>>
>>151732824
>survivors

lel
>>
>>151732574
My pawns more or less autonavigate the traps. I've seen them hit all of once.

>>151732824
>survivors
Good joke
>>
>psychopaths still take mood debuff from losing spouses

LAME
>>
What is my newly taimed thrumbo good for? I got really lucky with the dice roll to tame this bug guy.
>>
>>151733591
Send it on a suicide mission before it eats everything in your larder.
>>
>>151733591
He's good for cleaning half your food supply clean in a single day.
Those motherfuckers have the hunger rate to match the quantity they eat.
Stick with some other animal, preferably boomrats so you can set them upon your enemies. Boomalopes have too much explosion range and are too slow to be used as Allahu-Ackbars.
>>
>harvest organs from captured raiders
>entire colony gets terrible mood
>check needs
>minus for organs were harvested
>minus for someone died during organs harvest
>minus for INNOCENT(!?) prisoner died

What the fuck? These people literally just tried to rape and murder everyone, and now they get sad because I want to use their organs to save the lives of the colony?
>>
File: Farmer Johnson Rimworld ceremony.jpg (203KB, 1768x992px) Image search: [Google]
Farmer Johnson Rimworld ceremony.jpg
203KB, 1768x992px
I must say everyting goes well on our "Orson's Farm" Orson is long dead, but guy called Farmer and his new wife called Johnson are here to make this place even better!
>>
>>151733873
>>151733765
This guy literaly ate my entire tree farm, fug.
To the slaughter house i guess, seemed like they do quite alot of damage to the bad guys though. Good thibg their horns are worth a bunch.
>>
>>151733972
Organ harvesting is supremely fucked up, dude.

Even if they were okay with it, it would still be some major fucking mental trauma. You've given them all PTSD, nice work.
>>
>>151734046
Sell it instead of the slaughter house. The money will net you more meat and you can enjoy someone else in the Universe suffering its eating disorder.
>>
>>151733972
Your colonists aren't fucking Albanians. They are Human beings.
Of course they can't tolerate fucking organ harvesting.
>>
>>151734051
>>151734330
Okay, doing it on live humans is an issue. But why can't you do it on fresh corpses, then?
>>
>>151734228
Will do, hopefully it wont eat me out of everything before a trader comes
>>
>>151734423
If you have an orbital trader frequency issue, just go into the storyteller file and set the frequency check (meantime between days or whatever) to 1 day. Then you'll have checks for orbital traders every day.
>>
>>151734552
>stranded on an isolated rim world...
>just off inter-star highway 71
>>
>>151734028
>cowboy hats
>middle of winter

???
>>
>>151734817
>stranded on an isolated rim world
>bordering a giant region ruled by Mechanoids who are at war with Humanity and occasionally drop onto your planet for shits and giggles.
>and the war frontier needs transport of course, while many traders hold the principle of "war is profit" dear to their hearts
Savy now faggot? The most frequent transports are pirates anyway, and they have plenty of reason to be plenty in the rim.
>>
>>151734971
it was a joke calm down
>>
>>151735032
I'm a Mechanoid. I don't understand jokes. The only memory bank explaining them says "jokes are for faggots".
>>
>>151721881
It was their fault somehow.

You can justify anything in this game if you try.
>>
>>151735116
Funny, because I certainly don't see any lady mechanoids around. Who is the faggot here, exactly?
>>
>>151735116
I like to imagine all of the mechanoid's programming runs this way

FAGGOTRY = BAD
HUMANS ARE FAGGOTS
MERCY IS FOR FAGGOTS
DON'T BE A FAGGOT
>>
>>151734937
It's not my fault they wanted romatic weeding while freezing their asses off.
>>
So a warg attacked a trading caravan and got btfo across the map from my base, and I promptly forgot about it

Nearly a week later, she tames herself, gets up, and walks across the map at a 98%/d bleed rate and only 3 legs to come collapse in one of my compound's houses. She's fine now.

What should I call this Rasputin-esque motherfucker?
>>
>>151735809

Rasputin?
>>
how do I use hay to feed my animals? Do I simply plant it somewhere and let them hang out on the planted plot?
>>
>>151737816
Make a stockpile and just order hay/kibble to be put there
>>
File: 1448803328268.png (928KB, 1015x696px) Image search: [Google]
1448803328268.png
928KB, 1015x696px
>Toxic Fallout
>>
>>151736976
But it's female. That would go against everything Rasputin believed in. ie, fucking lots of Russian nobles with his huge warty penis.
>>
What affects a room's impressiveness? It's not a (visible, at least) stat on furniture. What's the best way to satisfy a greedy fuck?
>>
>>151739121
I think it's a combination of wealth and beauty
>>
The embrasure mod is fucking amazing for low-stress comfy building, if you still want to see events and raids at the normal frequency.
>>
>>151739846
>using mods that make the game easier
>>
>>151740238
Like I said: if you want an easy ride but the same number of events.

If you want a normal challenge and to slog through the game's strategy and difficulty, don't use them, they're OP as hell.

They let you have high difficulty cassandra's events with low difficulty Phoebe's outcomes and comfy building.
>>
Is there a way to edit a scenario once you've started a game?

I'm doing my first ice-sheet playthrough, with a couple of pyschopathic cannibals. So that I could recruit people suitable to my cause, I tried to set it up so that everyone else in the world had a 50% chance of each of those traits.

It turns out I set all people to have 50% chance for cannibalism, but only starter people get the 50% chance for psychopath. Anyone I recruit gets buthurt about the way I treat prisoners.

I've put 4 hours into this base already, so I don't really want to start again. Is there any way to chance the % rate for psychopaths mid-game?
>>
>finally found where you can set the durability of equipment your colonists wear so I can get them to toss their fucking 9% armors and lose the fucking mood debuff
I feel stupid. I'd been keeping them in decent clothing by just keeping a surplus around, but I don't have the resources yet to be churning out constant armor.
>>
File: base.png (3MB, 2168x1168px) Image search: [Google]
base.png
3MB, 2168x1168px
this is such a comfy game
>>
>>151740568
Never mind, fixed it by fucking with the xml in my save file
>>
>>151741120
nice crop fgt
>>
>>151742417
tnks bby
did my best but I'm retarded
>>
>>151741120
How are you keeping raiders out?
>>
Anyone have a seed that is an open area, surrounded by mountains, but the mountains don't extend off the map? In other words, I want raiders to be able to spawn outside the mountain and attempt to tunnel in.

I want to try an experiment.
>>
>>151743725
mortars, that wall of turrets+traps and pretty much everyone has charge rifles
it's going surprisingly well, just one guy died and that was at the start
>>
Are there any must-have mods in your opinion?
>>
>>151744326
>>151743725
also I built a pretty thick wall north of the base, so they won't come through there
>>
File: a4FQ01p.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
a4FQ01p.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>10 bedrooms
>only 5 are in use because people keep shacking up

horny fucks, I swear

I'd go on a recruiting spree, but I don't really need anyone so it seems pointless
>>
>5 hours in
>7 settlers
>only one hauler
fucking hell
>>
>>151744602
buy/train some pups
>>
>>151744654
There are never any traders passing by, and when there are they're just bringing trash like flatscreens and jade statues
>>
File: 1456899456382.gif (1MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1456899456382.gif
1MB, 250x187px
>Trade Caravan
>"Awh nice, maybe they have some steel for me
>No steel, but lots of armor and military gear
>Buy all their helmets and body armors, pretty low quality but whatever
>Give them a bunch of organs in return
>Accept the trade happily
>Look away for 1 second only to see 2 of my colonists rush past on 150% movespeed carrying the gear
>They immediately burn it in my cremator
>Forgot I had it set to burn anything below normal quality despite the health %
> :(

So these guys come on and sell me these items they've spent weeks on, practicing their trade.
They become thrilled at the thought that a thriving colony would want their goods and HAPPILY sell them only to watch the guy who bought it immediately toss it into a furnace.
>>
Just got hit with a triple Malaria, hope my medical supply lasts until the growing season
>>
File: 1459730981662.jpg (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459730981662.jpg
165KB, 800x800px
>four colonists get malaria
>8 hours later
>other four colonists get gut worms

the hell
>>
>one guy gets malaria
>his wife dies a few days later
>he gets asthma on his birthday
jesus christ
>>
What do you do when you're completely out of steel? I can't build shit and no caravans are carrying it ever.
>>
>eclipse during a wedding ceremony
Well they're doomed.
>>
>>151746554
Capture him a new 16 year old.
>>
>>151746720
Mine some more.
Break down shit you don't need like those chairs and tables you accidentally made out of steel.
Smelt drop pod slag.
Smelt raider weapons.
>>
File: Marriage again.jpg (250KB, 1768x992px) Image search: [Google]
Marriage again.jpg
250KB, 1768x992px
>>151734028
Second Marriage! Nothing will stop our colony!
>>
>>151749073
v. cute friend keep it up
>>
File: 20160814190505_1.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160814190505_1.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
Playing my first ever icesheet runthrough - what's the best way to heat my base? Just hooked the geothermal up for the first time, and it's not doing as much as I'd hoped.

Should I have a corridor full of heaters, with vents to each room? Or just heaters in every room, since I'll need more than 1-per room anyway? Do I need double-thick walls wherever it connects to outside?
>>
>>151749471
I also learned that animals that are learnet to haul are amazing with hunters.
>>
>>151749595
if you tame enough boars and keep them in one room, then the friction and body heat they generate will out-perform geothermals.
>>
>>151749595
Only heat essential areas unless you have tons of surplus power, heaters eat a lot of wattage. A heater in each major room and leaving the small rooms unheated/doors open/vented will be fine. Mostly you just want to avoid the "slept in the cold" moodlet.

In my experience, at least.
>>
Is it worth researching geothermal if I've only got one geyser near my base?
>>
>>151751191
I am going to use godmode to check.
>>
Oh so if you bury raiders in sarcophagi then you get the mood bonus anyway.
Makes sense to just put them everywhere than worry about sculptures.
>>
>>151749595
If your geothermal catches fire it's fucked, pawns can't into center tiles.

You'll probably want a heater in each bedroom, but might be able to get away with 2 and vents. Your dining area will need a heater also. You should consider building some defences around areas of your base that are open to the sky, raiders can drop pod in there which will really ruin your day
>>
>>151724902
When I first started playing a year ago I had raiders land right in front of my door. If they still exhibit this behavior nowadays you might have the problem of raiders landing right in your venting area.
>>
File: 1355846881246.jpg (39KB, 678x654px) Image search: [Google]
1355846881246.jpg
39KB, 678x654px
>manhunting wargs
>just chil inside our walls
>some dudes come to "help"
>get rekked and run away
>>
File: 1465515061592.jpg (3KB, 124x77px) Image search: [Google]
1465515061592.jpg
3KB, 124x77px
>Boomrat manhunt pack comes in
>2 trade caravans come in and take out half of them
>They all die and drop shit
>Then a escapee is on the run and bring a huge raid
>Get him through my secret tunnel and lock it off
>Raiders come and take out all the boomrats while dying in the process
Holy shit, thank you Satan.
>>
File: concern.png (3MB, 1168x2014px) Image search: [Google]
concern.png
3MB, 1168x2014px
>>151752789
>XYZ Colony has blamed you for what happened to Schmuck/Simpleton/Fucktard
>>
Sell plasteel or use it for sculptures and sell them??
>>
File: map.jpg (2MB, 2189x2182px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
2MB, 2189x2182px
Where should I set-up base?
>>
>>151755704
Use it to enforce walls ya dingus. It has 940 health or something, and is built in a second.
>>
>>151755991
Upper right, why the fuck even ask?
>>
>>151755704
Use plasteel for weapons and walls.
>>
>>151756208
I don't know why he asked, BOTTOM right is just so obvious.
>>
>Prisoner is about to die
Should this be the first fuckboi that I harvest?
>>
>>151755991
You should change to another map my man.
That down there in the lower map is the outline of a worm, and worms are bad omen.
>>
>>151755991
right within either valley if you wanna be /comfy/

left side against the lake if you're an absolute madman
>>
Start rimworld right now.
Press new colony.
Click "Scenario editor"
Click "Randomize seed"
Now you have a seed field.
Click it and set the seed to "guts and glory" without quotes.
Have a kek at what it generates.
Do it, do it now.
>>
what's the difference between starting as a tribe faction and as a colony?
>>
>>151757261
You can't boss me around, anon!!
>>
File: 1468126459194.jpg (59KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1468126459194.jpg
59KB, 604x453px
>>151757957
Do it or I'll make Kot Blini cut you.
>>
>>151758232
You didn't even specify the world size you dumb cracker.
It affects the generated seeds.
>>
>>151758367
Scenario nigga, scenario.
You input the seed in scenario editor, not in world generator.
>>
>>151755991
Yo gonna need that seed
>>
>>151749595
Your rooms are too big.

The walls aren't thick enough.

All those hallways are just dead space sucking the heat from the nearby rooms.

Cut down on doors and walking, you're lucky you're on such a warm ice sheet.

You better be researching hydroponics or you're fucked. Even then, pray for no solar flare.
>>
File: watdo.png (96KB, 1020x765px) Image search: [Google]
watdo.png
96KB, 1020x765px
Starting new permadeath rich explorer game - I need a name, backstory, and traits
>>
what is the best craftable gun for base defence?
>>
>>151758784
do solar flares penetrate even deep mountains? if so, is there no way to make safe hydroponics?
>>
File: Some Furry Shit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Some Furry Shit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'd need a side chick too if my wife's name was Pig.
>>
>Level 18 shooter can hit anything point blank range
>Level 3 shooter raider is picking everyone off one by one
Can combat not be utter shit?
>>
>>151759284

Not that i am aware of. On ice sheets, you're always one bad solar flare or crop failure away from a tantrum spiral, at least for the first few years, depending on game settings.
>>
>>151759570
>shooter
>at point blank range
there's your mistake.
>>
Are there any advantages if you start as a colonist?
As tribals?
>>
>>151759649
Ohhhh they need to be a mile away to hit a downed animal! That makes shooting easier!
>>
>>151759836
Tribal start will blast your ass out unless you get lucky and steal some of the white mans guns early. Colonist start gets higher tech level.
>>
>>151759836
>as a colonist
You start with better research and electricity. Also, maybe, your intrinsic silver wealth leads to harder raids? I don't know.

>>151759836
You get two dogs and two extra hands.
>>
>>151760003
>shooting a downed animal
>not just beating it to death
Anon, it's already down, it's harmless. Get close and finish the job for fucks sake, it's unconscious at this point.
>>
>>151760150
>>
>>151757261
it's a fucking loss.
>>
>>151758686
How do I check?
>>
File: 1467347650327.jpg (27KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1467347650327.jpg
27KB, 228x260px
>>151760321
>Start with research: Vitals monitor
>>
File: hmm.png (57KB, 991x561px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
57KB, 991x561px
>>
>>151750098
I also want to add Animals can carry food to the barn. NEAT.
>>
>>151759320
Oh good he's a pyromaniac and he was just rebuffed twice more by her.
>>
Yay! The only doctor amongst my crew got infected with sensory mechanites. Nobody else can perform medicine. What do?
>>
>>151719592
Started something similar...
>Single colonist
>White male, been in cryogenic sleep for thousands of years
>He's suddenly dropped on a new planet with nothing but his trusty Luger and his German Shepard
>You are Hitler in the year 50xx, how do you survive
>>
>>151760536
Go to World and just screenshot what comes up without touching anything.
>>
File: Capture.png (112KB, 999x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
112KB, 999x349px
>>151758686
>>
>a group of chickens has wandered into the settlement and self tamed
>5 hens and a rooster
>build a lil coop and set their zone to it and the surrounding area
>a week later I have well over 50 chicks overflowing with many dying from starvation
How in the fuck do I feed all these idiots this is ridiculous
>>
>>151758784
I'm so used to digging into mountains that I made 3-wide corridors in case of infestations, even though that can't happen outside.

I'm guessing going for very spacious bonuses for my living areas on a cold map is a bad idea?

Are two small rooms easier to heat than a big one of the same size?

Why do I need to cut down on doors?

Hydroponics are on their way once I have enough steel to make the growing trays. I've modded the scenario a bit so that 50% of the people that spawn are cannibal/psychopath, so far I've been living off nothing but human flesh from raiders.
>>
>>151761090
Rejoice, sensory mechanites aren't all that bad.
>>
File: Oh good.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oh good.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Minerva has given birth
>Failure

Well that's a great omen.
>>
>>151762329
You're supposed to eat them.
>>
File: 1455554079004.jpg (17KB, 510x498px) Image search: [Google]
1455554079004.jpg
17KB, 510x498px
>>151762329
They're supposed to feed you, dumdum.
Turn them into delicious chicken nuggets.
>>
>>151762329
Hahaha, I also was suprised how fast they hatch! Cut the chicks - even them give nice amount of meat.
>>
>>151762329
Eat an/or sell them. Selling animals through orbital trade nets a lot of silver.
>>
>All that rucus about Raids
>I just sell all my unnecesary food and animals for cash
>Use cash to bring back peace by comms console
>>
Is there any way to break shitty clothes back down into leathers?
>>
You guys think I have a chance of bunkering this one out?
>>
>>151763320
Raids can be lucrative though. Prisoners, weapons, clothes. Just got to have the defenses.
>>
>>151762432
>I'm so used to digging into mountains that I made 3-wide corridors in case of infestations, even though that can't happen outside.
Try to just make connected rooms. Hallways are good for efficiency, but ultimately it's just another volume of air to condition.

>I'm guessing going for very spacious bonuses for my living areas on a cold map is a bad idea?
It's very likely to end up being a well-decorated mausoleum.

>Are two small rooms easier to heat than a big one of the same size?
It's about the same. But you'll want to have as small an area as possible to save heating electricity.

>Why do I need to cut down on doors?
I'm pretty sure they are better conductors of heat than the walls of the same material, and each time someone goes through the temperature equalizes. Make airlocks for the ones leading outside, and try to minimize them to keep heat in.

>Hydroponics are on their way once I have enough steel to make the growing trays. I've modded the scenario a bit so that 50% of the people that spawn are cannibal/psychopath, so far I've been living off nothing but human flesh from raiders.
Well that's pragmatic.
>>
>>151763632
Not without hydroponics and a water chip.
>>
>>151763641
You are right! That's why I left one weak colony. I just need two worthy people to have a nice working colony.
>>
>>151760834
This planetkiller thing is a mod isn't it?
>>
File: IT BEGINS.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>151760982
>>
>>151764449
Nope
>>
>>151764624
>trying to ignite frozen grass

Now we know why they call him goldfish, he just never learns.
>>
>>151764183
Guess I have to send one out to wander the wastes in search of a water chip. Perhaps he can bring down a mutant army in the meantime.
>>
File: Firestarter.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>151764740
He's doing alright though and not burning the base down so we're still cool.
>>
How micromanagement intensive is this game?
>>
>>151764624
I also have one of those in my team. It's not as bothering as I thought it would be.
>>
>>151765420
The base game is pretty low intensity. When you have a shit ton of mods with multiple workshops it can get a bit unwieldy but you just get used to it after a bit.
>>
>>151765420
That depends on how well you set up your priorities, how many colonists you have, on your environment and the difficulty settings. Basically, a lot of colonists in peace time don't need managing, but when shit goes bad you do
>>
>>151765420

Depends on how you play. But if you set your work priorities right and get enough people, your colonists can get shit done fine on their own.

The biggest issue I have is with distant projects (hauling or construction) in which multiple people trek halfway across the map to work on little bits rather than one person going out to work on the project themselves.

If you're playing Randy Extreme you're gonna need to micromanage. If you're going for a chill Phoebe game it's hands off comfy.
>>
>>151765352
The fuck is that helmet
>>
>>151728859
>OC guys are tough
Hahahahahaha, just wait until you get the commandos rolling in
>>
>>151766761
Feral Hood from Rimsenal. There's a bug where a lot of people from every faction have them.
>>
>>151763320
You lying cunt I just squandered all my sliver on this, and guess what, it doesn't bring your wealth down.
>>
>Shouta "Guts" Beard
That's a manly ass name right there.
>>
>>151744445
>10 people
>no one wants to fuck anyone else

Do I need to put double beds in each room for people to develop feelings and fap to each other?
>>
What's max colony size?

I'm about to hit 19
>>
>get a bit far into the game
>people start getting sick
>doctors use 5000 medicineboxes
>people still die
really fun desu
>>
>>151768972
Of course people still die even though they're treated. That's life.
>>
I killed the leader of a pirate faction. Someone else took her place. Are they going to turbohate me now, or leave me alone?
>>
>>151768972
>low level doctor
>regular bed
>non-sterile floors

Gee, you tell me. I bet the guy didn't even wash his hands before or after.
>>
>>151769753
Sterile floors really are the best earlygame investment of silver imaginable. They genuinely save colonist lives all the time.
>>
>>151770238
Sterile floors? What are you talking about?
>>
>>151770592

sterile floors. made of silver. lowers the risk of infections. Vanilla.
>>
>>151769410
I don't think that part is fleshed out. I captured and successfully invited the leader of a pirate faction, and the game still says he curses at me when I use the console.
>>
File: The Suck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Suck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: alphabeaver-goes-manhunter.webm (103KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
alphabeaver-goes-manhunter.webm
103KB, 720x404px
>>151720874
Slavery and sex slavery mods cant happen fast enough
>>
>>151773281
i was just watching that
>>
File: 1470979867364.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470979867364.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>playing with crash landing mod
>everything goes supprisingly well, a decent sum of food survives, and 10 people made it out of the crash alive
>colony finally managing to get on track, steady food supply and the barracks is nice
>another ship crashes
>only bit that drops is an art pod
>everything is shit minus a small gold statue worth 40k
>nab it and set it up in my barracks
>in responce, the god emperor of mankind sends his glorious space marines to cleave my asshole apart
>a good 15 dudes in power armor and ridiculously good weapons come by and burn everything and everyone to ash
the art was just a fox burning to death god dammit
>>
>>151775610
such is like on the rimworlds
>>
>>151734028
shadows don't influence solar panels?
>>
>>151776008
if shit like this happens again, whats the best way to avoid claiming the art as my own, but still securing it from random faggots stealing it?
>>
Yeah my tribe just got a Russian sniper rifle and an RPG. Russia stronk!
>>
>>151776340
No. Protip: put solar panels in the footprints of windmills, they won't slow down the windmills or effect the solar panels. and it'll keep trees n shit from growing in the path of the wind.
>>
File: hunting with war crimes.png (141KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
hunting with war crimes.png
141KB, 247x247px
I feel like this could probably be abused. I'm gonna try it out on my next siege. Fuckers have to sleep eventually and sometimes I just can't be assed to deal with the enemy.
>>
>first game ever outside of learning difficulties
>managed to set up inside a crevice surrounded by mountains, an easily defendable place
>got up to 8 citizens, all going well
>survived my first major raid by building traps in front of a long sand bag trench then exchanged fire with the raiders for a good 2 minutes
>most fun I had in a game
>then one faggot got depressed because I sold a slave
>goes bursurk and thinks its a good idea to fist fight a boomrat
>boomrat explodes and causes a giant fire, killing the faggot in the process
>don't extinguish fire because the faggot deserves it
>it slowly spreads to the nearby mountain
>it destroys the one tile from what looked like an old structure
>inside are 2 centipedes and a billion scythe robot thingies
>the scythes decide to kill my tamed animals while the centipedes fire their rockets at my base
>half the base is on fire
>people get stuck inside their rooms as the fire slowly crawls towards them
>my last survivor, "Sniper" Smith tried in vain to rescue her lover
>they died a fiery death, together, in the freezer, surrounded by cooked meat and the stench of death

Holy shit this game is fucking great.

subscribe and upvote, please.
>>
File: 1471009513841.png (467KB, 400x686px) Image search: [Google]
1471009513841.png
467KB, 400x686px
>straight bow outranges pistol
>have to aim before every shot
>non-kenyans can cover the distance to a shooter and not get plugged full of holes
Is the developer triggered by guns and too afraid to google "how the fuck do guns work"?
>>
File: Roasted Pork.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Roasted Pork.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
More food just before winter.
>>
>>151777231

It's the best strategy. Three man fireteam, two snipers one rifleman (the rocket is a recoilless rifle)

Run the rifleman up and splash the fuckers after they go nighty-night, then use the snipers to lay down suppressing fire so the riflemen can escape. Leapfrog the snipers from cover to cover so one is always shooting while the other withdraws. pull em into the jaws of your base's defenses and that's that.
>>
File: As(s)ano.jpg (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
As(s)ano.jpg
541KB, 1920x1080px
Is this a bug? From the character background I'm supposed to get at least 9 on animals.
>>
>>151777682
>subscribe and upvote, please.

Cut that shit out, we're not on /v/
>>
About to try a tribe run, apart from the medieval weapons mod are there any other non-OP mods to get?
>>
>>151780916

>green text stories are bad now
>in a single player game

And you fucks complain about having a dead general.
>>
how do i stop playing this game my eyes are burning
>>
>>151785468
pls make sure to look around the room and close your eyes for a few mins every few hours
>>
>>151785468
>>151786385
Also get up and walk around a bit to keep blood flowing in your legs
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 606x509px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 606x509px
Just started a new colony and this is the first wanderer that joined me.
>>
>>151790603
>Flowerville

Sounds gay

Organ farm
>>
WHERE IS IT UNROOFED. JUST TELL ME
>>
>>151790929
That was the name it gave me and I didn't care enough to change it.
>>
>>151791279
the name accurately shows your lack of resolve then
>>
Just had a space craft crash with one of my colonist mother in it, she's staying as a guess while I heal her. Would it be possible for me to recruit her? She is lacking recruiting options.

Also >personality trait psychopath
Poor guy
>>
Had a prisoner break out from prison, head to my storage, grab a Molotov cocktail, and proceed to burn the place to the ground. Holy shit this game.
>>
>>151792250
i hope you captured them and not rescued them
>>
>>151792393

Yeah i shoot most folks these days as they die in a ditch. Fuck trying to recruit anyone, most everyone is like 99 difficulty anyway.
>>
>>151792504
Rescue was only option
>>
>>151792640
there should've been an option to capture them if you drafted a colonist

also if you want to keep her you should capture her, or she'll walk away after she's healed if you just clicked rescue
>>
>>151792556
I was farming recruitment on two raiders for a few hours kept getting one percent chance finally got it though. Guy I recruited has insane animal skills, he looks like a willing and nabbed himself a pet grizzly.
>>
>>151792758

I shoot people or capture just long enough to heal them and get the rep bonus so they'll stop sending people to bleed all over my ground.
>>
>>151792758
Ah good to know man. Do you get anything from rescuing? She's staying as my guest now didn't even get a mood buff from rescuing his mother.
>>
>>151793000
>Do you get anything from rescuing?

As long as they leave the map healthy you get a rep bonus with that faction. It's like 10 people saved at most to get a faction to be friends with you, even raiders.
>>
I have been looking for mods and found Colony Manager, does it make the game to easy that it is like cheating or is it a respectable mod for someone that still wants a challenge just less pause time micro?
>>
>>151793487
It doesn't boost your efficiency and infact takes away from it since a guy must take time off to give everyone else jobs. I barely use it up until I reach 10~ colonists.
>>
>>151793487
you can micro better than colony manager

it's just there to make late game less tedious
>>
>>151793640
>>151793738
Thanks! I will give it a try then
>>
Why are enemies able to pass through my embrasures?
>>
File: escape pod.png (30KB, 598x501px) Image search: [Google]
escape pod.png
30KB, 598x501px
is she even worth recruiting?
>>
>>151795704
>age 80

post her health tab
>>
>>151785060
Not that anon, but he probably just mean that one line, not the entire post
>>
>>151795704
Sculpture slave potential is gud, so yes
>>
>>151788798
>>151786385
thanks mom
>>
new version when
>>
How do I enslave everything?
>>
File: Best name.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Best name.png
1MB, 1366x768px
My colonists aren't very creative.
>>
File: pj.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pj.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
Where is this "recruit person" option? this guy fell out of the sky
Still haven't found a thorough tutorial on recruiting prisoners or crash victims
>>
>>151801806
You can't recruit crash victims unless you take them prisoner. For prisoners, click on them and go to the Prisoner tab, and select 'Chat and Recruit'
>>
File: 1470270882120.png (11KB, 343x543px) Image search: [Google]
1470270882120.png
11KB, 343x543px
>>151802124
Unless I'm that blind I've been looking for this 'prisoners tab' for a while, I guess I'll just look at some youtube tutorials
>>
is there a way to stop power outages? I keep having a few of my components losing power for a bit then flickering back on, not sure what the cause is
>>
>>151803829
you need more power/more batteries
>>
>>151802585
there is literally no reason to rescue them
>>
>>151802585
You have to select the prisoner and there will be a tab next to health and needs
>>
File: Fuck you Dmitri.jpg (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you Dmitri.jpg
621KB, 1920x1080px
>>151805051

thanks I got it.

Now thank's to my girl, I've got the shirtless wonder wandering around and an old Thrombo I can't feed
>>
>>151805371
Wait.. why did you build with steel?

What exactly are you making there anyway
>>
>>151805371
i don't know what would happen if you tried to arrest him though, you might be able to savescum and find out
>>
>>151719592

>Thought my base was looking sweet
>Been working hard to slowly upgrade and expand room by room
>See this

Well shit, now I want to start all over. I wouldn't mind a way of taking all my colonists to a new map now.
>>
Dumb question time.

>Do sterile tiles simply have to be under the bed or occupy all tiles around it?
>Does not having pavement under a wall matter?
>Is there any way to fully wall in a room and keep it labeled as "outdoors" and not "unroofed"?
>>
>>151806257
under
no
no
>>
Anyone got any interesting seeds and locations?
Preferably somewhere easy to defend.
>>
Is there any point in making doors out of anything other than wood?
>>
>>151806989
a e s t h e t i c
>>
>>151806989
Manhunters might go nuts and attack them if they don't like how they look. Most stone doors are can withstand them.
>>
File: 756745626534.jpg (50KB, 473x325px) Image search: [Google]
756745626534.jpg
50KB, 473x325px
Will this game be the Generational equivalent of Oregon Trail?
>>
>>151806675

Thanks, those things were bugging me.
>>
>>151806257
Sterile tiles need to occupy all the tiles in the room to count

Soil and sand floors cause dirt when pawns walk over other floors after moving over them

No, but outdoors and unroofed are functionally similar.
>>
>capture 6 Ooga Boogas
>checking for who to recruit

>jogger
>incapable of dumb labor

The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away
>>
>>151806989
Stronger materials make stronger doors
Granite Autodoors are toppest tier
>>
File: 1470561813283.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1470561813283.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>Roll 3 women, two of which are incapable of violence, the third of which is incapable of hard labor

This should last long
>>
>>151806989

You shouldn't make prison doors out of anything other than granite if you can help it.

When a prisoner goes berserk and starts busting down the door, it affords you the time to repair and keep them in there at a leisurely pace.
>>
for people considering aryan nations, glittertech is a nice mod because they have a bomb which creates a steam geyser - great for the gas chambers.

also is there a mod that lets me cut off legs if they are not infected? it seems like the easiest way to keep prisoners if after they have an infection so you can chop it off and they can't move so they can't break
>>
Leaving the planet ends the game right? so it should only be done if you feel you are done with your playthrough?
>>
>>151809205
i think you can continue playing if you leave people behind
>>
>>151809205
Technically the game still continues even after you leave behind the colony, if I recall correctly, so you can either wait fro a wanderer to join, spawn people with dev mode, or create a raid with dev mode.
>>
File: 1395195777405.gif (2MB, 316x237px) Image search: [Google]
1395195777405.gif
2MB, 316x237px
so... the map is only as McLarge Huge as you want, but are there other squares to build on?
>>
I always amputate even minor infections. this game has me feeling like a medieval doctor.
>>
>>151808480
The playthrough I started with had 2 non violents (started with 3 people) I now have 8 people 5 of which are pretty good shooters. you'll be good.
>>
File: rimworld2.jpg (714KB, 1936x1115px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld2.jpg
714KB, 1936x1115px
>try solo scenario with the superhuman max stats character
>doing well for good long while
>dont go crazy because all the will power perk
>end up recruit some Raiders just because why not
>they all cant do shit and basically just another mouth to feed
>Raid after Raid show up for some reason
>fucking eclipse blocking the sun for week
>all those recruits keep getting themselves hurt
>have to get my ass off to rescue them all the time
>suddenly one of them go crazy and knock me down right after we just fought off the raid
>Manhunt Elephant has appear!!
>my trusty dog rescue me and bring me to my bed before that Elephant reach the base
>my mental breakdown recuit got rekt by the elephant
>somwhow manage to get up myself with nothing but will power
>decide to go fight off the elephant because food and medicine is across the street with that Elephant in between
>get rekt
>dog recuse me again
>lay on the bed for 2 days and still unable to get up without a doctor
I guess this is it.
>>
how bad is it when you load a string of mods and you get a whole lot of red text in the debug log...
>>
Do your own people trigger those deadfall traps? I'd hate to lay a bunch out only to have some chucklefuck trip one and off himself.
>>
>>151812029
they do if they have bad eyesight or there's no clear path through them. just make a checkers board pattern and it should be fine
>>
File: BAH GAWD VINCE BAH GAWD.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
BAH GAWD VINCE BAH GAWD.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>151790603
>Convent child/Sheriff
Is there honestly any combination of backstories that's worse than this?
>>
>my ragtag bunch of colonists armed with survival rifles and pistols fought off a pirate leader and her band armed with charge rifles and grenades
>in a thunderstorm
>at night
>during toxic fallout
>no casualties
>mfw imagining the scene in my head

This game is fucking exhilarating with a bit of imagination.
>>
>>151811417
you probably came here from that don't starve game
>>
>>151811417
We have a saying in my country. "Many small streams make a large river."

A strong stream got nothing against the river.
>>
>>151776749
Does it make a difference for windmills if they are in a valley or in open field?
>>
>Crafter has been pushing out masterwork alpaca dusters like clockwork
>No trader has shown up in ages

feels real bad
>>
>>151813360
I feel like events don't happen fast enough in Cassandra classic, I don't know.
>>
>>151813664
I wish there were custom storytellers.

Like making Cassandra with twice as many raids but no random diseases, or loads and loads of drop pods instead of traders.
>>
>>151812695
>guy named Gilbert falls in love with this girl
>they break up, girl dd a new lover
>Gilbert goes from productive worker to rampant alcoholic
>gets in fist fight with girls new lover
>drinks so much that he starts puking everywhere and passed out, have to put in medical bed

Lately he's calmed down but shits neat.
>>
File: 1470719914058.png (216KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470719914058.png
216KB, 338x400px
>stable power grid and multiple refridgerators
>still struggle with keeping food cool in the jungle constant 40 celsius outside
>Beavers! arrive
>after one bullet they all turn manhunter
>manage to kite them back to my base
>slaughter ensues
>have to process approximately 600 beavermeat before it spoils
>day or two later Manhunter pack!
>"I can handle a few wargs or such"
>3 elephants
>bring them down with minor injuries
>now to process 900 elephantmeat before it spoils
>heatwave
>mfw
>>
>>151814210
It can't be that hard to keep your food cool
>>
>>151814210
There is no d in refrigerators, I think that's your probled
>>
>>151814602
noted
>>
>>151813664

I wish I could call traders, maybe not entirely at will but at least have one show up every few days. I originally thought that's what the beacon was for and paid 300 silver for nothing, whoops.
>>
>>151815031
there's a mod called ed transponer that does that
>>
>raiders attack from a weird angle this time
>they grenade my back door down
>"oh no, no, no, noooo!"
>they break into one of my battery rooms
>they throw grenades under each other
>most of them are ripped to shreds
>they retreat
>casualties: two doors, and some electric conduit

Welp
>>
>>151816296
I always have a single melee combatant in my lineup that I use to bait grenadiers into fragging their own people.
>>
>>151816204
Neat, I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>151724902
>HURR ARE CHIMNEYS A GOOD IDEA
Yes, nigger.
>>
Jesus Christ, why does this game scratch so many fucking itches in one.

I don't think I'll ever need another game again.
>>
>>151822895
to me it was a day of trying stuff out, then the next day I started playing for real, played non-stop for like 15 hours, then after that I couldn't pick it up again. since then I am just watching other people play sometimes. I can't seem to play games like this episodically. It was the same with EU4 or Civ5
>>
>>151733972
Question about organ harvesting and this game in general.

If I just use one person to harvest the organs in a remote location cut off by other people can I keep it a secret or is that even an option
>>
What the hell? I just generated a seed, and it was "susskind". I was watching a video yesterday by Leonard Susskind. Is this an enormous coincidence, or does this game read my history? I mean, it wouldn't be that weird if it was just with a word, but a name? Thats just weird.
>>
>>151823854
Think about the amount of names you read in your life, think about the amount of rimworld (or other) seeds you have generated. Bound to happen eventually.
>>
>>151823903
I guess you are right, but I find it weird that a name like that is in the game in the first place
>>
>>151823549
There's no option to keep your colonist silent about what they did.

>so how was your day
>Oh pretty standard. Butchered some raiders for their squishy parts
>...you WHAT?

So I guess not.
>>
how do i find out the seed of the map that a savegame is using?
or am i fucked and its irretrievable?
>>
I savescum raids and difficult hunts.
>>
>>151825382
There's a world tab that you can check at the bottom of your screen.
>>
>tried a lonely survivor setting
>A single guy, 5 ration and no medic
>spawn
>deconstruct a wall
>ancient danger
>instant head shot from the creature inside
welp
>>
Is there a known glitch relating to not cleaning up dirt/rubble? There seems to be spots in various rooms that my people don't clean and I can't select to manually order the job.
>>
I adore how fucking stupid raiders are at times.

>bait with trigger-happy guy with assault rifle
>run out with them after me
>my other guys mow them down

It was a slaughter.
>>
>>151811084

Meaning can you go to new areas? No, I don't believe so.
>>
After installing the recommended mods I can't order my colonists to do anything, any reason why? Did I install them wrong?
>>
File: 1275191054168.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1275191054168.png
6KB, 400x400px
>random teenage cave girl warrior wanders into my settlement
>sleeps in the kitchen

sh-should i recruit her
>>
>>151823854
Baader-Meinhof effect at its finest.
>>
how do i actually tell my wolf to go and chase a target? i have him trained in release and i have enabled it in master's draft but he's still just standing like a fucking retard
>>
rate my third base

I feel like I'm going to start a new game soon, jungle's way too easy once you're outfitted with dusters + cowboy hats
>>
File: rimworldbase.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
rimworldbase.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>151830673

forgot pic
>>
First time playing this game. I got an autist who can't do shit and a guy who keeps insulting the autist, should I just restart?
>>
>>151830813
Make the autist work at night and the normies by day. That way they will never cross
>>
>>151829115
Is she a qt?
>>
>>151827138

Check your home-zone.
>>
>>151830640

Draft master of said animal, press release animal.

On a related note. How the fuck do I get animals to actually haul stuff?
>>
>>151831305
Train the haul skill and they just do it every now and again
>>
>randy random: extreme
>permadeath
>start with 7 colonists, no materials, no weapons, nothing
>make a field for 4,5k potatoes in a 1st summer to 11th summer growing period
>day before i want to harvest blight hits

ouch

all the ressources i now have to put into indoor farming where already planned for putting in the defense.
>your face when you get 20+ ooga buuga raid and you have to defend with 7 short bows
>>
>>151831675

Yes, obviously I have it trained, otherwise I wouldn't expect it to happen. It's just that I've never seen them do it.

Would be cool if it would actually prioritize helping its master do hauling when said master is doing it. Right now it feels like a silly gimmick.
>>
>>151831883
Don't forget that you need to set them to unrestricted. I have a pack of 5 Labradors and they seem to haul as much as 3 hauler drones that do nothing but haul
>>
File: 12.jpg (187KB, 715x564px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
187KB, 715x564px
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW~~
>>
>>151830773
Why put a table in bedrooms? You want them to socialize. Your workshop and laptop also needs to be bigger considering your pawn will be spending more time there and you could do with a spacious/beautiful environment boost. Also batteries need to be separated on different networks incase of zzzt

Try an extreme desert/ flat map, anything with hills lets you create easily defended chokepoints. Once you get the hang of scarce food and hostile terrain, you can move on to icesheet.
>>
anyone know how to fix this?

seems like the game wants to spawn sappers but can't because of some pronlem with mod stuff

It's tanking my fps and preventing something else from happening
>>
I feel a strange pleasure when I manually brew beer and stock them all in one place.
I don't even drink much irl, but this is a very strange feeling I also got from Stardew Valley.
I wish my colonists would also grow grapes and make some wine.
>>
I've been installing a bunch of mods from the threads pastebin and played a few games with them and been having a blast. I have one complaint though. GlitterTech seems to like spawning in raiders with ABP-1 rifles and nanosuits in the early game and it obviously reks my shit. Anything I can do to fix that?
>>
File: wiring.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wiring.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>151832460

>Why put a table in bedrooms

I wanted an aesthetic way to increase their room's stats without grinding out a load of statues, they still use the dining room to eat from because it's closest to the fridge, that's why I've also got beers stored there

>Also batteries need to be separated on different networks incase of zzzt

I've got the electrics set up in a circuit, so if anything blows it'll still be getting power
>>
File: 1446900321259.jpg (90KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1446900321259.jpg
90KB, 640x360px
How to fast train social skills?
>>
>>151832931
No, that's not how Zzt works. Zzt can happen to any battery with power flowing through them and it kills all the power stored in the batteries. The only way to avoid it is to disconnect full batteries from the network. Also, you can just make royal or silver beds and save space which is usually the limiting factor to impressiveness.

>>151832980
Install and remove peg legs on prisoners. Now you have a farm of organs and listeners to your horrid poetry. Don't take out their jaws or ears though, can't talk much to a deaf mute.
>>
>My 3 cooks are skill level 9, 11, and 12
>Somehow two people got food poisoning within 15 minutes of eachother

you what
>>
>>151832931
does the cold from the freezer seep into prison?
>>
>>151833572

slightly, the prison is 3 degrees colder than the outside
>>
>>151805902
There's a mod for that.

>>151806257
All tiles in the room.
Yes, but your beds should never be directly adjacent to the wall anyway.
No.
>>
Okay how do I deal with the "Rebuffed by X" moodlets? Some guy keeps hitting on a chick way out of his league and now he's about to go on a rampage.

Is there a mod that makes them not stack or something?
>>
can colonists form a bond with animals from training them in anything else than 'obedience'?

i don't want one guy to have bonds with all of my timber wolves, who are supposed to help my shooters.
>>
>>151834361
There's a mod for that. Just google less rebuff rimworld. Vanilla way is just rescheduling them so they don't meet as often

>>151834368
They will bond over anything so nothing much you can do about it.
>>
>>151834368
No, they can't. Only people that can bond with animals are people who work with them. All my shooters became animal hunters/tamers.
>>
>Trader finally shows up
>Has 2x megascreens

is it time to go all out lads? I could make a sweet joycave
>>
>>151793487
Oh man that's nice, just like the manager in DF
>have to manage everything in early game and constantly have to watch workbenches and stuff
>later on just go j-m-q-b-30 to have 30 beds built
>>
>>151832980
Grind it on recruiting tribals with 99%, I suppose
>>
>Escape Pod
>Nice, free clothing

someone else who thinks like this?
>>
File: uh.jpg (17KB, 529x219px) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
17KB, 529x219px
Trade caravan just showed up with this person as one of the guards, wielding frag grenades.

If they don't leave before she snaps it's not going to be pretty.
>>
>doing an harvest farm psychopaths only colony
>godlike level 20 surgeon keep having catastrophic failures harvesting on an hospital bed with a life monitor

Come on now nigga.

Also I haven't had a new colonist since forever and stuck at 5, those late game raids will be hard to recover from since I don't plan on leaving the planet for a while.
>>
File: screenshot37.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot37.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Welp, i got this sick place and the only entrances are two little paths between the mountains which i can't show in the picture but it's just down there. Is this a good map?
>>
>>151837787
it's good. i could explain the pros and cons but generally it's good
>>
>>151837787
Also tons of shit to mine forever
>>
>>151838152
pls tell me the cons, it's always good to know what im getting into as this is my first time playing fully random without even using prepare carefully
>>
File: babby first killbox.jpg (320KB, 1366x1479px) Image search: [Google]
babby first killbox.jpg
320KB, 1366x1479px
Would it be better for me to destroy my walls to give more time for the turrets to see the enemy coming? Deadfall traps aren't effective enough at this point and the raiders go straight for my colonists behind the sandbags, greatly reducing the time my turrets have to shoot them.
>>
>>151838338
it's way too fucking big to truly utilize in near future. start building bellow the geyser below that bigger 140% soil and expand to the left. keep like 3 tiles distance to mountains to avoid infestation in your base

expect poison or psychic ship in your backyard. centipede with incenary launcher may fuck your shit up

animals will become scarce if you lock them out.

other cons are too hard for me to explain since english is not my first language
>>
>>151838725
how about removing the walls behind your turrets (not the wooden walls) so they can shoot behind themselves when raiders bypass your first box?
>>
>>151839273
I'll consider it, thanks. My main concern would be the turrets shooting my own people while i'm kiting the enemy around because their accuracy really turned to shit with the recent patches.
>>
File: 2016-08-15 17_20_28-.png (66KB, 162x216px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-15 17_20_28-.png
66KB, 162x216px
Serves you right for hunting that hare, faggot fox.
>>
File: 2016-08-15 17_24_34-.png (2MB, 1424x936px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-15 17_24_34-.png
2MB, 1424x936px
Thanks, alphabeavers.
>>
File: OMEGA_as_fuck.jpg (77KB, 606x694px) Image search: [Google]
OMEGA_as_fuck.jpg
77KB, 606x694px
Post your favorite colonist.

I like him because he is useless and ever since he caught gut worms he spends most of his life cleaning his own vomit in the rec room and/or dining room. He's fat too.
>>
>volatile optimist
>>
>>151834594
the bonding thing is random and can be caused by nuzzling

animal trainer bond more because they have the most contact with animals
>>
>>151840010
Really should have killed them as soon as you got the notification.
>>
>>151837467
Only reason I haven't done a all psycho playthrough is I can't see it possible to recruit more psychos. I heard you can edit the scenario though.
>>
>>151843092
When my first wanderer joined I gave him the trait through dev mod for that reason but I don't want to cheese it more than that. Also I play on a laptop and I get perfomances issues with 10+ colonists so it's pretty much giving myself a limitation to account for a limitation that's already there anyway.
>>
>>151842148
Huh. Didn't know that.
>>
>>151841615
Those are usually called "Drill Sergeants".
>>
>25 steel for one component at the assembly bench

That is fucking ludicrous. It should be 10 or so.
>>
R8 my saloon.
>>
>>151844904
There's a mod that makes it 10 and shorten the length of time required.

I like rimworld but Tynan really like to fuck the players in the ass. There's also a mod to reduce the ridiculous energy consumption of the standing lamps.
>>
>>151845320
>saloon
>not wooden floor

There really should a way to have something like "finely made wooden floor" that takes a lot of time and materials to do but still gives mood bonus because you won't convince me having a cold paved stone bedroom is more comfy than wood.
>>
>>151845393
>mods that make the game easier
>>
>>151845557
>muh hardcore experience

there's barely any space traders anymore since their coming rate has been nerfed to hell and I don't want to have to scrap by having one guy making 4 components a day or less for 100 steel total

I don't play to leave the planet, I play to stay and build forever, If steel didn't run out I wouldn't mind that much and it could get pretty cool even, but as things stand, that's the only option since breakdown will sooner or later eat through all your components even if you are careful.

And I don't use that light mod.
>>
>>151845320

megaspiders/10
>>
>>151845557

To be fair to him, if you mine all the steel in the map, it's not like you can go further abroad and find more materials.
>>
>4 colonists get plague
>raid
>summer
>heat stroke
it's not even fun anymore
>>
File: fam.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
comfy
>>
>>151848201
>damage taken: 0
>colonists killed: 1

did you euthanize a wanderer
>>
>>151848201
deconstruct the wall above your workbench
there's a treasure :^)
>>
>>151848201

>giant monolith emanating waves of foreboding and ancient danger
>I should make this one of the walls of my bedroom
>>
Why can't you arrest someone that's gone beserk
>>
>>151848870
You can, if you beat on them and rescue. Berserk will subside before they wake up from the beatdown.
>>
does heat from coolers need to 'escape' into the open or can i just trap it in 1x1 space and it will still work?
>>
>>151831883
The coolest thing is that the hauling Animal can feed (bring food) for other animals! Just need to put a line zone for it between the food and the hauling place for animal food (set on priority)
>>
>>151849328

It needs to escape into the open, you can just have a 1x1 area without a roof though and it'll escape out the top
>>
>a colonist die
Meh, will find better
> animal dies
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *load save*
>>
File: tmp_28523-Expand_dong186587892.jpg (46KB, 383x750px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28523-Expand_dong186587892.jpg
46KB, 383x750px
>have a trigger-happy assault rifle slingin' optimist named Jesse that I'm a bit fond of
>sudden notification
>Jesse's wife, Spence is one the run from pirates
>she's a herbologist (doctor + growing)
>"do you want to help her?"
>isthatevenaquestion.jpg
>rally all my shootin' men
>TO THE WALL BOYS
>put Jesse in the front
>we let Spence pass and ready ourselves
>pirates comes around
>5 of them, armed with charge rifles
>it was a slaughter beyond anything
>Jesse singlehandedly moved down 3 of them
>my snipers picked off the other two while they were fleeing
>loot their rifles and power helmets and no upgrade my soldiers

That night, Jesse and Spence made sweet, sweet love. And I felt quite pleased.

>mfw Spence is incapable of nothing and a great shot, on top of being a good doctor and farmer
>>
File: 1469358233047.gif (969KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469358233047.gif
969KB, 225x225px
>play perma death mode once
>now it's all i play
>mfw it's stressful af
>>
How can I break unwanted clothing back down into cloth/leather?

Willing to use mods if it's not in the vanilla game.
>>
I found the ruins with 6 cryptosleep caskets. If I will not open them will I be ok, or the ground can spawn something by itself?
>>
>>151852335
There's a mod for that on the steam workshop
>>
>>151852335
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0
scroll down to "Reclaim Fabric"
>>
>>151852645
I thought they couldn't open by themselves but I had that happen to me so I don't know.
>>
>>151852678
>>151852725
Cheers guys
>>
how do I survive the summer? my main dude always dies like a bitch from heatstoke
>>
>>151846942
Just disassemble mechanoids and melt guns for pretty much infinite steel and components.
>>
>>151853046
Melting guns gives components?

shieet
>>
>>151852968
Air conditioners.
>>
>>151852968
Dusters and cowboy hats for heat insulation.
And this >>151852968
>>
>>151852968
The obvious step is air conditioning.

Also make dusters and cowboy hats for your guys to wear. Dusters add 15C to your max comfortable temperature, cowboy hats another 8C
>>
>>151853156
No it doesn't, but it does give steel.
>>
>>151853492
I'll have to see if that's viable. Doubt you'll break even if you lose three or four turrets.
>>
>>151853224
>>151853359
>>151853454
but where do I put them? should I install one in every single room? most rooms are not conected to another
I should just restart and plan better this time shouldn't I
>>
>>151852645
Just checked - 4 colonists 2 of them dead - i put other two back to the crypts, nice weapons components and small horde of Megascarabs that do nothing. Quite nice loot. Will close it now.
>>
>>151854002
Either scrap your run or build new rooms that can be connected by vents.
>>
>>151854015
Btw does anyone know if you can tame megascarabs and have a farm of them having babies and making jelly for you?
>>
>>151854427
Sadly they cant mate :(
>>
>>151845527
>he has never slept in a comfy cave
Smoothed caves are the best thing ever, ooga booga.

t. time-traveling caveman
>>
>>151854814
I'm with you but Tynan is gay and cave walls gives a beauty malus.

>>151854558
That would be too good huh
>>
>>151855041
You can tame them though.
>>
>built a sweet spot in a mountain
>entire base is deep in the mountain, the only thing outside is the farm and animal pen
>protect those with 6 auto turrets
>run out of components before my first winter, didnt even build enough heaters
>no minable components in sight
>the moment winter starts a siege appears
>they have a fuckton of components
>decide to gung ho it and rush to steal their components
>either that or freeze inside my base
>I had 8 people
>only 1 fucker survives the bum rush, they just gunned us down
>poor guy hunkers down in his mountain while the enemy fucks fire at my farm and animals
>they decide to rush my base
>"there we go, this game is finally ov-"
>the 6 nigturrets kill one of them
>the others run away
>they leave all their components and mortars lying around
>the other guy didnt even freeze to death

well... that was stupid.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-15+at+07.42.35).jpg (506KB, 1910x984px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-15+at+07.42.35).jpg
506KB, 1910x984px
Any way to salvage this lads?
He cant cook or grow, and everyone else died to a nuclear fallout / heatwave combo
>>
>permadeath
>start with 7 colonists, no materials, nothing
>1 brawler, 6 shooter
>1 dies, no one joines
>finally get 5 great bows
>find ancient danger in the mountain behind my base
>open it
>scyther and a centipede

you'd think that 5 great bows could kill a centipede with an inferno cannon because the dps similar to a survival rifle.

centipede nails every shot and downs 2 of my people.
brawler should rescue one of them but get's into melee range and attacks centipede.
dies.
base gets set on fire. only 3 people can firefight. guess what. it was the brawler who died and the 2 people who got downed

i was really fucking mad. exited to main menu and started a new game.
>>
>>151855591
should've checked weapon stats

great bow outranges inferno cannon (how does that even work)
>>
>>151855354
How many where the siegers? Losing 7 people against the AI is pretty hard. Taking potshot outside their range with one or two snipers does the job usually.

>>151855591
>find ancient danger
>open it

you can't be mad it's literally your fault
bows don't do shit against mecanoids

>>151855423
Hunting. But you're fucked desu.
>>
If I remove scythers' blades before disassembling him will I get less steel?
>>
>>151855826
Around 20 I think.

I didn't have any snipers, only the starter stuff and the shoddy spears and shotguns I stole off prior raiders. What fucked me up hardcore was the grenades that cut off my escape route after we grabbed the components.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
How exactly do I stop tamed animals from eating my meals?
>>
last time I played was alpha 13 where infestations were game-ending events 80% of the time.

Are they fixed?
>>
>>151856132
Remove your meal zone from the animal area, done.

>>151856107
You would have had more chance trying to take them out, but hindsight is 20/20.
>>
>>151855798
there was not enough space to outrange them

>>151855826
>find ancient danger
>open it

>you can't be mad it's literally your fault
bows don't do shit against mecanoids

they do. the scyther was killed from 2 shots from the first round of shots.
also if you'd ever start with no ressourcey you'd now how fucking few components you get. on randy random extreme you need every component for gun turrets
>>
>>151779971
Damn son you are burning a lot of wood there...
>>
>>151856132
What happens when you slaughter a boomalope? Does it still explode?

>>151856289
Live and learn I guess.
>>
>>151856132
>go to architect
>go the area planner
>cover your freezer with an animal area
>go to animal tab
>manage area
>invert the freezer zone
>GG

I do this with my entire base/crops. My animals just graze on the grass around the map.
>>
>Playing ice sheet for the first time
>Finally get my heating situation under control
>My "cold lover" colonist is now too hot.

Anything over 16C gives him a debuff. Is there are way to remove the trait? Had a quick search through the save file for "cold lover" but it's not in there - I'm guessing traits are stored as a number but I don't know where I'm looking
>>
File: BUUUUUUUGS.jpg (427KB, 1919x1023px) Image search: [Google]
BUUUUUUUGS.jpg
427KB, 1919x1023px
this is getting out of hand
>>
>>151856508
yeah i'm guessing you are forced toward high risk high reward situation
>>
>>151857038
don't heat over 14C? i'm not 100% sure where bad growth multiplier ends for crops, but 14C sounds enough for me. i see no reason to go over that
>>
>>151857093
Please tell me you let them grow and reproduce and they didn't spawn like that.
>>
File: poorlittlecrispyguy.png (976KB, 1280x961px) Image search: [Google]
poorlittlecrispyguy.png
976KB, 1280x961px
You know, once enough of these environmental events happen, they start to cancel each other out.
>>
>>151857349
yea i let them grow and built a line of turrents further down to kill any that leave the cave but now they are pushing closer
>>
>>151857038
Never mind, found it. It's under TemperaturePreference

>>151857275
But then every time I add another heater, I have to remember to manually lower the temperature. His minimum temp is -140C, so it's not like he needs the extra cold resistance
>>
>>151857454
you can't even steal that jelly from them without agro can you?
>>
>>151857651
no but i got a unlimited amount of insect meat
>>
File: BUUUUGS.jpg (483KB, 1905x1043px) Image search: [Google]
BUUUUGS.jpg
483KB, 1905x1043px
one turrent left. they have started to bang on the doors
>>
>>151857441
What mod for headskins?

>>151857756
I just burn all the insects because I don't want to deal with the small insect meat debuff and you don't get any useful materials from them which is a bit shitty imo.
>>
I want to make a bug farm too, but I'm playing on axel, the dumb cunts will freeze to death. If I make a heated area for them, will they try to break out into the cold?
>>
>>151858043
Rimsenal adds a bunch of extra stuff, balanced for the most part
>>
>>151858043
You can feed insect meat to animals, you can cook it into lavish meals to get rid of the debuffs. Bugs are great.
>>
>>151857968
>mfw that last turret exploded and blew a whole in the wall

>>151858173
they will probably dig out. my bugs have been digging north
>>
>>151858315
Aw shit I didn't know this was out for A14 because it didn't show on the workshop. I use a gun mod who has a grenade launcher and it's way too OP.

>>151858331
Ooh now that's a good piece of information.
>>
>>151856132
>>151856972
>start with pet warg
>only eats corpses and raw meat
>tfw it can haul my lavish meals no problem
>tfw it was bonded with a colonist with 0 animal skill so i can't set her as its master and she has a permanent -3 debuff
>>
ohgodohgodohgod

MAKAR YOU FUCKING FILTHY BASTARD, KEEP YOUR FUCKING ROOM CLEAN

THIS BETTER WORK
>>
>>151859572
>2 squares of free shooting space

you won't make it fampai
>>
>do math, notice food won't be enough to make it to next harvest by 7-10 days
>it was one of my earlier days
>i've got a BIRLLIANT idea
>build nutrient paste dispenser
>still takes 10 raw food but gives 5 saturation more
>that's like saving 0,58 raw food with a -3 thought
>unbury some graves and notice 2 corpses are not rotten yet
>it was more worth than the nutrient dispenser

i can only think of 2 ways to use nutrient paste dispenser
>automatically feeding prisoners
>feeding animals on ice sheet since you can't grow hay on hydroponics
>>
>>151859683
I did, with no casualties or severed limbs.
>>
>>151860351
good job
>>
File: snotface.jpg (45KB, 602x540px) Image search: [Google]
snotface.jpg
45KB, 602x540px
All this plus pyromaniac as the shit icing on the shit cake

At least now I know never to save someone that was a Sheriff
>>
>>151859889
My niggas ate nothing but that shit for the first 6 months. Men fight like animals when they've got nothing to live for, just disgusting green goo.
>>
>>151860497
Meh, you got unlucky. Could have had a passion for art and be your designated artist and animal tender.
>>
>Down Boomalope that went mad
>since it's in my killbox near the turrets I'll euthanise it, man I'm sharp
>colonist drags it over to my dogs pet bed sitting inside a colonist couple's bedroom
>starts euthanising it by stabbing the shit out of it, blood going everywhere
>boom
>FIRE!
>everyone's on fire and instead of running outside they spin around in circles and burn to a crisp, my only other colonist being incapable of putting out fires

gg, one Boomalope took out 3 colonists and half my colony without even being alive
>>
>>151861362
Boomalope explode on death you dumb fuck, any sort of death.
I did the same thing recently
>>
Any good combat mods other than combat realism? It makes the game way too easy, but the vanilla combat is godawful
>>
>>151862583
the federation mod could probably help with that since it introduces harder enemies, not sure it is compatible though and some guns are awfully loud, even compared to combat realism ones.

Also, not been updated to A14 yet.
>>
>>151734937
but muh social bonus!
>>
>>151861362

and this is why we savescum when experimenting.

On a side note, I think there's a mod (A Dog Said? I think?) that lets you remove the boomy part of the boomalope before killing them. You can then craft explosives with that
>>
File: hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg (111KB, 606x694px) Image search: [Google]
hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg
111KB, 606x694px
Thanks, jungle biome.

I hope the next update solves this shit with all the fancy medicine and drugs it promises.
>>
>>151863321
I really hope soon we will get better diplomacy, because now you dont get points by training or you can't send/ask for goods.
Also

Multiplyer when?
>>
Does turned off switches prevent zzzt from hitting that part of the grid?
>>
>>151863321
epic crop friendo
>>
>>151862785
>not been updated to A14 yet

damn. Same with CR, it's only official upto A13 although it does work in A14, but the turrets are missing.

I guess maybe I should install glittertech. On my last playthrough (cass rough permadeath, rainforest) I just rushed assault rifles and mortar.

No raid could survive the trapped corridor + incoming automatic fire.
>>
>Devilstrand

How are you expected to grow this outside of a Jungle biome? With how long it takes to mature you're guaranteed to get a solar flare at some point if you try grow it in a hydroponics lab
>>
so what is that big black block with the whole ancient evil thing?
>>
>>151863512
>multiplayer
how would that even work? or only for trading?
>>
>>151863932
just put a gigantic patch of devilstrand close-ish to your base at the start of the growing season
if you have a short cold season it will work
>>
share some good seeds
>>
>>151864089
would and enclosed geyser heated area with a sunlamp work?
>>
>>151856201
I had two infestations, one in each playthrough; lost one colonist in one, none in the other. They aren't game-ending as long as you know what you're doing.

(Attack ASAP. Use temperature to your advantage. Don't bother farming jelly. Don't make your base inside the mountain before the infestation.)
>>
>>151858043
>I just burn all the insects because I don't want to deal with the small insect meat debuff and you don't get any useful materials from them which is a bit shitty imo.

Insect meat is good for making kibble. Think of infestations as exciting hayfields.
>>
>>151856727
>What happens when you slaughter a boomalope? Does it still explode?
Yup.

Only tame/buy boomalopes to use them as muslims.

>>151858917
I just kill my first pet.
>>
>>151864610
yes just use the natural soil
>>
>no monies
>downloaded the most recent pirated version
>survivors wont cook anything no matter what
Damn.
>>
Are gutworms caused by someone with low cooking making meals or is it just rngesus?
>>
>>151864780
I don't keep pets so there's that.
>>
>>151865048
Learn how to play the game. Bills, idiot.
And learn how and when to tripfag.
>>
>>151865050
rng
>>
do I need to roof the ship skeleton while I'm building it or will it be fine in the elements?
>>
Muffalos or alpacas+cows?
>>
Is there no way to treat a shattered pelvis?
>>
>>151865549
It'll be fine. Worst hypothesis a lightning falls, then just beat up the fire before anything bad happens.

>>151865935
Vanilla? Nope.
>>
>>151865935
you would have wanted advanced surgery nigga
>>
fresh out of the press

>rare thrumbos
>poison ship crash
>thrumbos around the ship
>genius idea.exe
>attack the ship
>mecanoids come out like HOL UP
>goad them into shooting at my lone colonist
>they shoot the thrumbos while doing so
>just as planned
>event
>thrumbo: maddened manhunter
>three thrumbos coming to attack me

come the fuck on, game
>>
>>151865205
I did put bill, imbecile, i played rimworld way before this general ever existed, if you lack reading comprehension that much is means my version may be bugged and im having trouble finding a good one since i cant buy the legit game.

Now, if you cant read posts then dont reply.
>>
>>151868686

Just buy the game.
>>
File: tripfag_enters_the_thread.webm (577KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tripfag_enters_the_thread.webm
577KB, 640x360px
>>151868686
>>
What major features are planned for alpha 15? Can't find a list.
>>
>>151868686
Reading comprehension is useless when you've got the longest run-on sentences this side of the Mississippi.
>>
>>151868686
I do have reading skills, but considering you aren't able to
1. Google by yourself (plenty pirated copies out there);
2. Use tripcodes the right way;
3. Use capital letters;
then I only assumed you aren't able to understand the game either.

As a matter of fact, this is coming from a pirate Linux player, so yeah, I can find at least a half dozen WinDOS working versions. But I won't help you for being a tripfag in an ID-less and flag-less board who isn't contributing with OC.

And not bothering to answer you anymore. Go back to /b corta/.
>>
>>151866552
rekt
>>
>>151868686
Fuck off, Tripfag.
>>
>>151869496
it L I T E R A L L Y doesn't make sense that they would attack men, even if they are supposedly intelligent.

>>151868686
>read post
>you don't mention knowing about the bills or having played before

SUCC
>>
>>151868686
>I did it way before anyone else did it!
Welcome to the filter, nigger.
>>
>>151869625
>Legends say that an old thrumbo is the wisest creature in the universe

in my headcanon thrumbos break the 4th wall

THEY KNOW
>>
>>151869827
tell that to all those other thrumbos I murdered for their precious furs and horns
>>
>>151869625
I said "no matter what" implying i have done everything possible for it.

Again, if you cant read, dont reply.
>>
>>151869932
they know all about that i bet
>>
File: eNtlu1r.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
eNtlu1r.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
>>151868686
>>
>>151869948
Well, tripfags are retarded (as proven by the fact you can't find a recent version), how could I know you knew. Welcome to the filter btw.

>>151869998
I'm sure that will be very useful to themwhen I murder them too.
>>
>>151869948
>I said "no matter what" implying i have done everything possible for it.

Have you tried getting a job and buying it?

Then you haven't tried everything.
>>
File: burn scar.png (89KB, 1156x132px) Image search: [Google]
burn scar.png
89KB, 1156x132px
>>151870514
>>
>>151869948

being this retarded
>>
>>151870514
>implying all money doesnt go to real needs
Without mentioning it completely ignores the point of the original post.

Yet ONCE again, if you cant read, dont reply, also nice "filtered", hahaha.
>>
Can I somehow tell those fucking idiots where they should and shouldn't be hanging around? They're dangerously close to my killbox.
>>
>>151871178

You could try to set up a house zone outside your base
This was my base, and since the killing zones and cementery were far in the north, as you can see in the pic, the travelers and visitors would stop far away from my main set up
>>
File: bewaretheplasmacaster.png (1MB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
bewaretheplasmacaster.png
1MB, 1280x962px
jesus fuck this shit is dangerous. Any way to avoid getting my shit instagibbed by hightech explosives? Just lost two HMG emplacements
>>
>>151859572
Replace your walls. They are more likely to spawn with cave walls.

>>151863512
We used to have a Phi server, but I think it's dead. Plus we are all piratefags and had names of ???

>>151863826
CR has a fan in its thread that updated it to A14.
>>
>>151871152

I didn't filter you. I think you fail realize that there are multiple people on this board that are mocking you.

>implying all money doesnt go to real needs

Maybe then you should be focused on getting a second job or improving your lot in life to obtain disposable income. Perhaps tripfagging on a Bhutanese cross-stitching board in an effort to troubleshoot your video game piracy isn't a particularly good use of your time.
>>
>>151871805
>You could try to set up a house zone outside your base
I'll do it. A shame that the home zone is used for fucking everything, from cleaning to fire beating to trade.
>>
>>151872049
how'd you get those yellow and red dots to show on your minimap?

all that shows for me are my colonists
>>
File: Witnessed, Grizzle Burr.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Witnessed, Grizzle Burr.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Fuck me right in the feels.

This grizzly bear chased down and ate a wolf driven manhunter by the psychic ship. I sent somebody out to shoot the wolf and accidentally hit bear bro in the crossfire and and drove him manhunter. Man this is some Old Yeller shit. Fuck you, game.
>>
File: fug.png (1MB, 1366x765px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
1MB, 1366x765px
>attempt to pre-plan base so it doesn't look like shit
>looks like shit anyways

Welp.
>>
I checked the game code for the animals.

Alpaca: 8 wool/day
Cow: 8 milk/day
Muffalo: 3 milk/day + 3.3 wool/day

Thoughts about this? Do you think muffalos should be buffed up to 4 of each a day?
>>
>>151873057
put your wires in your walls pls
>>
>>151873057
Bunker base never look good imo. Wood is comfier. Also doesn't look like it grew organically and that's how I like mine, a little wonky.

>>151873026
>colonist with 15 shooting skill engaging a psychic ship with a sniper rifle
>shots a red fox right in front of him
>twice
>starts getting mauled and has to be rescued

s m h
>>
Yay! 4 days into toxic fallout, I got everyone to serious level poison trying to gather all the food that hadn't been harvested and pulled in yet and was ready to wait it out when alpha beavers followed by manhunting boomrats show up!
>>
File: Send help.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Send help.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>151873348
I dislike wall wires, honestly. Though I may try it.

>>151873350
This is what happens when I go 'organic'. I wasn't very please with the result.
>>
>>151873697
Don't really see the difference, I think you might be a perfectionist.
>>
>>151840540
All minstrels are fat, adult background determines your body shape.
>>
>>151873776
It's hard not to be with shit like>>151719592
>>
>>151873919
you can tell this guy plays dorf
it's all about efficiency
>>
>>151872239
I think you mean Tannu-Tuvan Swimsuit discussion chatbox.
>>
>>151873919
are you saying that's an efficient base?

the pawns in the bedrooms at the very bottom look like they're too far from the dining to automatically eat at it
>>
>start with 2 people
>1 male, 1 female
>male gets rebuffed EVERYTIME THEY MEET
>male spends now all his time either getting rebuffed or going mental berserk

>retardscreech.wmv
>>
Same as >>151873186
You know what? I made so muffalos yield 4 wool and 4 milk a day. The con for their flexibility is that they require the double of the work for milking and wool shearing.
>>
File: 294100_20160815154107_1.png (1MB, 1444x900px) Image search: [Google]
294100_20160815154107_1.png
1MB, 1444x900px
You know what's gonna be the worst? When some visitors from that colony I've spent a year mending relations with come by and incite boomrat genocide within my borders.
>>
Does climate cycle cause random freakish spikes and drops in temp? 2nd of Summer and it's 117 outside. Was like this for Spring too. Everyone is set to nudist and maybe we won't all die.
>>
>>151876494
what's that icon mod
>>
File: 2016-08-16 00_42_52-.png (69KB, 638x528px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-16 00_42_52-.png
69KB, 638x528px
Noice.
>>
>>151876494
The colonists bar? Muzzy-Utils
>>
>>151876915
When I get around to modding I'm going to fix Sheriff in my mod. That and make fans for my poor tribal colonists getting assblasted in heatwaves.
>>
>>151876915
MANTIS MAN

>>151877037
thanks
>>
>>151872514
Right click the colonists icon by the minimap nigga
>>
>>151878312
got it
>>
>>151876915

Sally forth and unleash the Mantis Man
>>
>Zzzt
>34th day
>currently replacing wooden walls
>started with 2 colonists
>none joined
>Raid
>about 10 people
>either fight the fire or the raiders
>fire is too big
>raiders kill all solar panels
>permadeath
>start new game
>>
>>151875337
THAT FUCKER REBUFFED HER
>>
>>151883041
Take that, roastie bitch.
>>
File: 294100_20160815165921_1.png (1MB, 1444x900px) Image search: [Google]
294100_20160815165921_1.png
1MB, 1444x900px
Just sitting there pounding it with 240+ rounds of AP and it actually just does not care.
>>
>Rescue Tribal woman that attacked my town
>Nurse her back to health
>Notice she can't stand
>Check health, I blew her leg off in the fighting
>Perform successful surgery to give her a prosthetic
>By this time she's got quite a rapport with my Warden
>99 recruitment difficulty
>I'll release her, feel a bit sentimental
>Warden takes her to the exit, says his goodbyes
>she doesn't walk 10 metres before getting mauled by a panther and killed

c'est la vie
>>
>>151883416
How is CR A14?
>>
>>151883661
I guess it's fine. I don't know if centipedes are actually supposed to be invulnerable. If they aren't, that'd be the only problem I've seen.
>>
File: HELP.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>raiders on my first camp after pirating the game
>succesfully kill all
>that went well
>Fire!
>mfw one guy slipped and is being shot by only one colonist
>colonist apparently can't shoot for shit
>now all my wood based stuff is burning down

I should probably restart, uh. Oh, and that same unit can't fight fires because lmao pyromaniac
>>
>>151884001
They were to normal AP ammo A13 too. You had to EMP/RPG/Charge Rifle them or Jap melee zerg rush.
>>
>>151884254
>Building things out of wood
>>
>>151884001
And the Heavy Blaster on some of the Centipedes will absolutely rape you CR. The rounds bypass all armor, aside from maybe some insane mod armor, and explode major organs real quick.
>>
Where the Christ can I get a Persona AI, Cass is trolling me and not spawning psychic ships, and I haven't got a trader in an ages. It's all I need to finish
>>
>>151884658
It was early and I needed a home for my peeps to sleep/eat/work in. I was going to replace those with rooms into the mountain, but fuck having to rebuild that until then.
>>
>>151884382
>>151884717
This might've been the greatest underestimation of my life.
>>
>>151883629
That something right out of a fucking Shakespearean tragedy. It's almost poetic.
>>
File: e.png (1MB, 1376x848px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
1MB, 1376x848px
Nice place to build my settlement?
>>
File: Weird climate cycle FUN.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Weird climate cycle FUN.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Come on and pull through, Barra senpai. This guy recruited someone with .5% chance and got engaged to his waifu on the same day and now the heat is almost killing him. Steady this last day at 80% and I hope it stays that way or goes down because I can already sense the tantrum spiral if he dies.
>>
>>151886794
>not installing a fucking cooler in there

Do you want him to die?
>>
>>151883041
>>151883398
top lel

>>151886408
Sure, easily defensible but not much room to grow imo.

By the way, looking for an easy way to rob trader caravans without getting bad will, does collapsing a roof on them work?
>>
>>151887396
So long as you don't directly attack them, it's fine. Setting them on fire, over-dosing their muffalos with alcohol, Psychic insanity/ Animal berserk are all tried and true methods.
>>
>>151888098
>over-dosing their muffalos with alcohol

What the fuck? Spoonfeed me senpai.
I'm going to sleep so thanks in advance :3
>>
>>151884867
It's either from a trader or psy ship, man. You have no other option. Yeah, it's really shitty, but that's how things are.

>>151888098
>over-dosing their muffalos with alcohol
And I was complaining about the place traders used to hang by... gonna leave some beer there.
>>
>>151888308
Not him, but just leave some beer near the place they use to trade stuff. The muffalos will drink by themselves and drop the goodies.
>>
>>151888536
>>151888308
Just clear out all the plant life and leave booze for the muffalos to drink. I think around 40 bottles per muffalo is sufficient. Same for Thrumbos.
>>
>>151888729
Nice, I'm going to concrete the area.
>>
>>151886794
>Crouca, Barra, Miñoca, Carro
All those Galician names get really fun when you can read the language.
>>
How can I encourage pirates to attack my colony more?
>>
I just can't use vegetable garden, the art is juts way too different and doesn't fit at all
>>
does anyone know of a mod that removes equipment decay. it's a bother making new outfits for everyone every-time their stuff drops below 50%
>>
>>151757261
>>151760321
>>151760820
Cock Whistle is a better seed.
>>
what's better for incapacitating raiders so i can capture and then recruit/harvest them -- a giant oven or a giant freezer?
>>
>>151889308
Make friends, play on Cassandra and be rich.
>>
does anyone know of a mod that removes equipment decay? it's a bother having to get everyone new outfits just because their stuff dropped below 50%
>>
File: Who's Laughing Now.gif (494KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
Who's Laughing Now.gif
494KB, 500x324px
>>151889308
Wealth. Just generate an obscene amount of it and watch them swarm on in.

Actually this also reminds me of one of my lost previous colonies...
>Crash Landing mod start
>Have a resource module crash near my main site
>It's full of vancidium
>JACKPOT
>Can trade for literally anything due to their immense value
>Seven modestly-armed colonists and my second raid later
>40 pirates armed with high-tier weaponry and armor
>The vancidium hoarding has become my downfall
>Get booty-blasted immediately from the sheer numbers
>>
>>151887024
>cooler

I tweaked research in my game and with the tribal multiplier it's 5400 science to research air conditioning. I'm about a quarter way there now.
>>
I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MEAT, STOP SENDING MAN-HUNTING PACKS! SEND ME RAIDS INSTEAD!
>>
>>151891357
>you have a black dude
>realize he's called hauler

oh dude lmao
>>
>>151890516
Oh boy it's a 126F outside. There isn't even a heat wave and this place looked pretty even temp wise. 71F in the summer. This is my second colony that looks like it's going to be lost to heatstroke.
>>
>>151891482
I didn't... I didn't even...

Worst part is, I thought when naming him, "this guy can't do shit right, but he can run like a nigger from the police!" and never realized he is black...
>>
>>151892038
How do you not realize someone is black? Are you the anti-Hitler?
>>
>>151886794

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos

I'm calling it now. This is the beginning of the tantrum spiral.
>>
How do you guys deal with sieges during radioactive fallout? Its killer for me.
>>
>>151894315
patience. they'll get cancer and die eventually.
>>
File: 1263839233335.jpg (28KB, 331x319px) Image search: [Google]
1263839233335.jpg
28KB, 331x319px
>two of my favorite hunting/animal companion colonists die
>their respective animal companions lose it and get sad/mad
>toxic fuckery happens and everyone is dying slowly
>caravan comes by
>sell both hunters' companions
>they die the exact moment I make the trade
>they were worth upwards of 600 silver

No take backs.
>>
>>151891357

Maybe they're just there for the party.
>>
>>151894315
i'm p. sure you could stay out in the air for at least a half day before you get dementia
>>
File: CjVG0d0UgAABz3j.jpg (20KB, 395x296px) Image search: [Google]
CjVG0d0UgAABz3j.jpg
20KB, 395x296px
>Playing in beta
>Capture lizards in sweatbox
>Lizards mate fairly quickly
>Have Dudebro Mcfuckface occasionally toss them kibble
>No burying corpses
>Bodies are left to the lizards
>Lizards are occasionally culled for food and skin
>Cullings have to happen more and more often
>Entire base has to hunt food for lizards
>Lizards outnumber settlers 5-1
>LIZARD WENT MANHUNTER
>ALL LIZARDS EVERYWHERE WENT MANHUNTER

TL:DR Basically that scene from Jurassic Park 2 where the girl gets eaten.
>>
If I modded in a set of gear that had a high enough heat reduction could I make a fireproof suit? Or at least temperature proof?
>>
Is it a bad idea to settle on a totally open plain

im talking no hills in the center and a whole lot of open space, trees, and rich soil instead
>>
>>151897656

You might have an issue with running out of metal or other resources.
>>
Does having a research table made out of better material help boost the research percentage?
>>
>>151848659
what's wrong with it?
If gets raided the machines will save him.
>>
>>151865048
of course a tripfag cant even pirate properly
>>
>>151898305

The voices from his wall tell him to burn things.

Sounds like a fun character.
>>
>>151863961
help
>>
>>151898935

...and I for one welcome our Centipede overlords
>>
>>151899161

There's only one way to find out.
>>
File: gg.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Siege comes far away at the very edge of the map.
>no good way to flank
>do my best
>surprise, visitors come to help!
>they just go to my base and do nothing.
>All of my guys get hurt but win.
>soon they all get infections
>2 got legs shot off
>almost saving everyone with meds I forbid until now
>infestation right in my medical room

It was a good game.
>>
>>151901527

Jesus Christ. Was that Randy or Cassandra? Either way, they sure as fuck went in dry.
>>
>>151901792
Randy
>>
>4 out of 7 colonists get sleeping sickness
How serious is it? Pretty new to the game
>>
>>151895642
I had to cancel the party due to that ;_;
My colonists could use the mood boost.
>>
>>151902413
Not that serious.
>>
>>151901527
maybe its a good idear for mountain bases to make a ~3 square wide 'buffer' alley between un-dug mountain and the walls of the mountain base itself

you'll at least have prior warning then
>>
>>151904709
for ultracold maps i try to keep a narrow tunnel around it as an insulation measure
>>
>>151897656
Nah. You don't have to have mountain defenses it just helps.
>>
so is there any reason to keep beer in the freezer yet?
>>
>>151906380
Headcanon freshness. Do you really offer your colonists room temperature beer?
>>
So, my contingency plan in case of a siege or toxic ship is basically 3 good shots with sniper rifles. Perhaps some ready-to-deploy mortars.

That alright?
>>
>>151907120

Rocket launchers.

There's few problems a recoilless rifle cannot solve.
>>
>>151906979
isnt that what they do in germany
>>
>>151906979
better than frozen beer.

best way to evict a shitty wander who joins?
>>
>>151907548
No
>>
>>151907582

Organ Donor program. Livers for Silvers.
>>
Is there a good description of how insulation works anywhere? I see pretty good setups here that get nailed for shit insulation and I have no idea how to build with that in mind.
>>
>>151909164
just make a freezer out of wood and dirt floors

what could go wrong?
>>
File: ai pawn meat.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ai pawn meat.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
>ai pawn meat

can this be safely eaten by non cannibals
>>
>finished building my backup batteries in case of zzzt
>almost done charging
>get zzzt'd

Murphy's Law.
>>
>>151909164
>2 walls insulate better than 1
>doors are worse than walls
>everytime you open a door the rooms exchange heat. an airlock (2 doors with 1 tile inbetween free) helps against it. airlock should never be used without autodoors
>if you keep a 1 tile big room between 2 rooms that have a big temperature difference, the heatexchange between the rooms is less

but even if you keep all that in mind, it's just easier to build 1 more cooler. my freezers are around 120 tiles big, have 1tile thick walls and 4-6 doors. 2 cooler keep them at -9 steadily.

keep in mind that less traveltime is always more worth than a bit better insulated fridge.
>>
Should I add in some Iguanas to my alpaca farm? I like the idea of some green clothing but if the prices are bad on their materials eh.
>>
>>151910973
green cowboy hats are amazing looking anon
>>
>toxic fallout, solar flare, raid, infestation
>in the same day

Cass...
>>
File: paine.png (46KB, 118x180px) Image search: [Google]
paine.png
46KB, 118x180px
PAINE?
>>
>>151911352

For sure, I guess the only issue is I have to move my animal pen somewhere else to make room for it and that would move it further from muh hay fields.

Ah well, green hats are worth.
>>
File: 1469665843715.jpg (134KB, 500x880px) Image search: [Google]
1469665843715.jpg
134KB, 500x880px
>>151911384
>toxic fallout ends
>my best colonist with 15 bionics wanders into a trap immediately after and gets his neck ripped off
>>
File: tmp_28523-QONVIyz1326916695.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28523-QONVIyz1326916695.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>46xMedicine cargo pods

Hospital wing here I come
>>
>>151910603
Get the Fuses mod.
>>
>Can't use herbal medicine to craft other medicine

why?
>>
are carnivorous animals like cougars more prone to attack settlers unprovoked or do they just chill next to your settlers unless they specifically go mad?
>>
how do i research window technology so my researchers can work during the day without grumbling about lack of light
>>
>>151910603

>backup batteries in case of zzzt

Wouldn't it just affect those batteries too? I thought zzzt drained EVERYTHING.
>>
>>151856201
Not at all. A fresh infestation on has two or three scarabs and a possibly a megaspider. It's easy to get some wounded, you'd have to be pretty unlucky to lose a base though.
>>
>>151912814
i can only guess.

if it's wanted then it is so that you have to trade with other colonies to get certain ressources

if it's not wanted then it is because it's alpha.

but there is a mod anyways if you want to craft normal medicine out of herbal medizine.
>>
File: 1467260684236.jpg (127KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467260684236.jpg
127KB, 766x960px
>>151912308
>4 people get the flu
>6 more people get plague
>Hydroponics Basin has broken down!
>Battery has broken down!
>Raid from 30 tribals
>Zzzt
>>
Not that I really want more zones to paint, but where do they all go poo? there should be a designated fertilizing zone tool
>>
>>151913482
I'm putting a turned off switch between them and the rest of the grid.
>>
What reasarches would you guys add to game?
>Treats - craft treats that have better taming chance
>Bee keeping
>Mead making
>Wine making
>Walking Turrets
>>
>>151912990
none of mine ever went mad

had a boar go mad because owner was killed
>>
File: rimg.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rimg.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>151914616
Fishing
Water collecting/purification
More animal husbandry
Parenting
>>
I went full retard and thought I could put devilstrand in hydro basins.

Are there any mods that would allow me to do this without totally breaking other aspects of the game?
>>
>>151914616
Fuck animal treats, I want to make my own chocolate. Maybe cakes, too.

Also, fishing, mechanoid construction, more ancient ruin "results" (as they're not always rewards), less retarded mental breaks (no more "wahh I'm hungry I'm going to go run away from the freezer and starve myself to death while having a wander"), more event variety, and I probably want to see some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.
>>
>Get nice map with geothermals right next to a large patch of rich soil
>reuse seed
>shit isnt where it was in the first game

sadface
>>
File: 1382642498957.gif (582KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1382642498957.gif
582KB, 250x231px
>>151915320
>next random seed given was 'sadness'
god damn it
>>
File: anger.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>151915043
>Mental break (pigging out)
>Reason: wearing tattered clothing
>>
>>151916372
>Cold snap, during winter, on ice sheet
>Mental break (sad wander)
>Reason: Slept in cold
>>
>>151916519
>not playing with permanent volcanic winter + cold snap on a -90F average map (before events)

>-85F high during summer
>>
>>151915043
>Mental break (berserk)
>Reason: mild pain

I'm sorry your scratched toes/feet hurt, it doesn't mean you get to beat up the only useful constructor we have though.

On another note, is lone wanderer fun? I'm tempted to give it a try.
>>
>>151916604
>>151916638
Gonna have to try both of these at once, thanks

What else can I do to make the map as inhospitable as possible? Persistent fallout? Dying produces a massive explosion of like 50 tiles?
>>
>poison ship lands within range of my turret wall

Sweet, free minigun.
>>
>>151916869
toxic fallout isn't really that fun to play in imo, if i wanted a super radioactive environment i'd be on extreme desert and permanent heat snap, so i could roleplay it better

i just prefer having permanent heat snap anyways because i dont want my peeps getting dementia when i send them outside for 3 seconds to get rid of cabin fever

oh and even with thrumbofur pants + parka + button down shirt and a muffalo wool tuque the minimum comfortable temperature i had was -114F and at the start of summer it was -115F (but quickly went up)
>>
if we have food and temperature to worry about how long until we need to make water towers and wells n' shit
>>
>>151917243
>wells and shit
>ice sheet
>i'd have to dig 7 kilometers to get to sea level and probably 2 more kilometers to get below the ice
>>
>colonists walk right into a line of fire to haul things when they could've walked around it no problem

This needs to be fixed. It's completely illogical.
>>
>>151917361
or if my 7 kilometer high mountain ice sheet is like an iceberg, and you can only see the top 10%, thats 70 kilometers

raising that well and a blazing 5 meters per second would still take 23 minutes on a one way trip

i've spent like 8 minutes trying to get patch this capatcha i gotta switch to legacy mode christ
>>
>>151917523
Or just hollow out underneath and a well will naturally form in an iceberg. Granted you'll find your base fucking sinking within a year or so.
>>
>>151914616
>call traders in, wether it be orbital traders or from colonies with a certain amount of goodwill
>some kind of upgrade for the billiard table, so that you can make a party, even if it has less mood and costs like 5 meals + 5 beer per colonist to host

i especially do not want to see mead or wine making since brewing is in the perfect spot right now

>you can't eat hops, it's an entirely different ressource that can only be used for brewing
>mead and wine would come from something eadible or atleast with a different use
>>
>>151917361
>ice sheet
>well

why not just step out of the door, get a bucket full of snow, take it inside and let it melt?

or do i just not get the joke?
>>
how do i know which objects are installable/reinstallable without building them outright and finding out that way?

are all benches only deconstructable? they're just fucking tables with tools on it, why cant two pawns just pick it up and shove it somewhere else?
>>
>>151918850
>ice sheet
>steam geysers
>>
File: sheer heart attack man.png (12KB, 409x367px) Image search: [Google]
sheer heart attack man.png
12KB, 409x367px
>>151918972
>ice sheets
>construction, at all
>>
File: sendhelp.jpg (9KB, 116x69px) Image search: [Google]
sendhelp.jpg
9KB, 116x69px
>ice sheet
>>
>>151918294
But both of my ideas have completly different gamestyles - Mead needs beehives flowers and bees, Wine would need some time to mature and grapes would be shit for eating raw and spoil quickly.
>>
>>151918971
Because muh balance.
>>
What. I have an alcoholic squirrel.

On work computer. Can't go on 4chan to post a proper screenshot.
>>
>>151919642
>grapes would be shit for eating raw
Fuck you say about grapes?
>>
>>151920152
I mean they are tasty but not very satysifing
>>
>>151914616
penis enhancements
sex robots

both of these would just give mood bonuses
>>
File: nigga wat.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
nigga wat.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>151920407
?????????
>>
File: sendmorehelp.jpg (11KB, 156x99px) Image search: [Google]
sendmorehelp.jpg
11KB, 156x99px
>>151919052
raids can't even reach my base..
>>
I can't get a foothold, what's a good cookie cutter strategy and build to follow?
How big should my rooms be, what furniture to proirotize, do I build in a mountain using natural walls or make my own, how do I fight raiders, what skills are most important, what are the noob traps, etc.

So far my 3 attempts all went the same way. Slow going start, get the extra colonist, lose a guy to raiders, a guy goes crazy, shit gets sour, I quit.
>>
>>151920559
>build a freezer trap in the way to my base
>easily reachers -200C in there
>mass incapicatations
>>
>>151920746
Speaking of which, whats the lowest temp you can actually achieve in this game?
>>
>>151920881
-273C is obviously the limit but i don't know how close you can get to that i'll test it
>>
File: 1455633663196.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1455633663196.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>151920407
>>
>>151921014
Doing a very quick test, the max I could get was -109c with a -6c outside temp. Guessing I just need a fucking lot more coolers.
>>
>>151920678
Practice on Basebuilder
>>
Steile tiles worth getting if I have 2 dedicated janitors?
>>
>>151914445
Don't charge backups using your main grid, use a fuelled generator instead. Even if you have a no wood, a single fuel tank will still net you 3-4 batteries worth of energy so you can just buy a wood from traders and convert them to battery power for emergencies.
>>
>>151921314
with a -115F(-81.6C) outside temp and a 2x2 space with industrial coolers I got down to -323F (-197.2C)
>>
>>151921383
You can't get the sterile bonus without sterile tiles, they don't rise above 0.0 without them. Also, laboratories benefit from cleanliness so it might be worth it to put those in your research room if you don't have enough janitors.
>>
>>151921697
Hold on, are you telling me research speeds up if the bench is in a clean room?
>>
File: research.jpg (69KB, 971x793px) Image search: [Google]
research.jpg
69KB, 971x793px
>>151922076

this one was with sterile tiles. if the room is messy the multiplier will put your base research from 60 to 45-50
>>
File: shite.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shite.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
This is pretty much how I always gets shut down
>>
>>151922651
Fucking amazing.
>>
why not cannabalism?

one less mouth to feed - with plenty of meat to go around to you and your pets
>>
>raid
>raiders start fighting with each other
>one of the two dies
>raider are beginning their assault
nice, free shit and prisoners
>>
>>151923038
cus moodlets
>>
>>151923173
but there's a solution for that too!
>>
I wonder what would happen if it added basic personalitiies and traits to all animals. That could be fun.
>>
>>151918971
Get the Miniaturisation mod
>>
>>151923715
>pyromaniac boomrats
>>
File: Shipping-out.jpg (232KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shipping-out.jpg
232KB, 1366x768px
Finished my first Rimworld game, I think I'm going to quit for a few months now until a few more patches have been released, where's a good place to follow news on it?
>>
>>151922653
wtf
>>
Guys how do I decide which plant to grow for food? The choice is daunting.

Right now am growing 5x10 of rice, corn, strawberries and mushroom in order to use the excess for drinks. But I would like to move towards more efficient shit, or maybe shit that gives me a mood bonus.

PS: Am using the 5 tribesmen scenario.
>>
>>151924481
I go with a small patch of rice for summer harvest and a hueg field of corn for general food
>>
>>151924481
We need a to post this in the OP or something

Planting 101:

Potatos are for gravel areas
Rice are for hydroponics or if you need food fast
Strawberries are same as rice except can be eaten raw and give joy but don't last for long
Corn is best, most food per tile but takes a long time to grow

For trees, go with the one that can suit your growing season. Cercropia is the shortest and Oak is the Longest.

To feed animals, plant dandelions if you have a large field and Hay for winter. You can feed larger animals with simple meals as substitute.
>>
>>151924859

so corn+lots of rich soil = Space Nebraska?
>>
>>151922653
You actually starve, rather than have depressed colonists wreck shit, or raiders kill the doctor?
>>
>>151925130
Corn + anything is enough to feed your colonists. Each corn tile yields an average of 13 aka 1 simple meal so a rough and take 13 days to grow so assuming optimal conditions, you need 24 tiles to feed 1 guy indefinitely.
>>
File: 1463092119405.gif (1MB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463092119405.gif
1MB, 270x270px
>>151925269
I always spread myself too thin across the board, too many mouths to feed, I've yet to figure out the best starting out ratio
>>
Lads how do I start a tree farm?
>>
>>151926075
Make farm
Select trees to grow
You can also make a farm over a large area and disable sowing, your growing guy will automatically harvest trees and plants
>>
>>151926075
Set a growing area, bam done.
>>
>>151914803
Signalisation
>Two buildings: Signal cable and server
>Signal cable will work independent from conductor
>Any electrical appliance connetected to server can be controlled by player instead of pawns
>Possible happenings: If enemy pawns get close they can hack it and AI will gain control, or malfunction that will make everything go rogue, so you have to manually flick the main electrical network off or cut the cables

Gas control+Envirosuit
>Every room has "air rating" along with temperature
>Low air rating causes pawns to asphyxiate and fire to die
>Research adds "air filtraton unit" that controlls air rating and prevents toxic fallot from getting into base
>AFU can be turned on 0% air rating to create your very own gas chamber that kills everything within and douses fire
>Enviro-suits will prevent pawns from getting asphyxiated and fallouted, but lower mobility, manipulation and mood
>>
>>151926303
forgot one for signalization

>doors can be force-shut/open without possible pawn controll
>>
Will we ever be able to move out of the little square patch of the world map that the colony starts on?
>>
>>151926668
A cool mechanics would be the ability to plan raids against other people and have them play out. Be it multiplayer or singleplayer.
>>
>>151926782
Multiplayer would be very hard to properly implement, but would renew my interest in the game.
>>
>>151926848
I don't think proper multiplayer will ever be in the works, but something like a switch "can be raided by players of similar colony level" you can turn on and off would be feasible maaybe?
>>
What is this "Shooter" modifier for accuracy? On the character screen it says this pawn's accuracy is like 99%, but in combat it's still just 40%. Is it some mood bullshit?
>>
>>151927003
>If somone plays on the same map is now on comm and you can send your troops on it,
Basic.
>>
>>151926145
>>151926147
I don't see an oak or poplar option.
Is it okay if I use one of those fruiting trees? I don't think that they give me wood when harvested.
>>
>>151927107
I have no knowledge at all of how it would work and be implemented but i'll take your word for it and cross my fingers.
>>
File: where muh trees at.jpg (393KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
where muh trees at.jpg
393KB, 1366x768px
>>151927227
>forgot image
color me black and call me a nigger.
>>
>>151927446
>mods
Here is yours problem
>>
>>151927446
>Uranium leaf

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>151927446
>harvesting gold
>plasteel
>uranium

bit OP that
>>
>>151929017
>>151928824
I don't plant those trees so I don't even know how they work.

But I guess it's the fault of the mods, yeah.
>>
>>151929017
I mean later on in the game if you don't choose a mountainous area you literally run out of materials
>>
>>151929664

>What is trade
>>
>>151929664
I get that. Also you could finally make a gold sculpture or something.
>>
File: Plan.jpg (519KB, 1909x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Plan.jpg
519KB, 1909x1043px
if i expand my base into this area and block of the entrances with walls, will raiders try to break the walls down or will the still go to the main entrance i have which is circled because it has doors?
>>
>>151915043
there's mods for chocolate and cakes
>>
>>151929664
can one not trade for metal in exchange for lots of wood sculptures from the gorillion trees you get in an open area
>>
>>151930031
Sappers, yes. Normal enemies take the path of the """least""" resistance i.e your killbox.
>>
>>151929853
>>151930108
Not him but space traders frequencies had droppeds to 2 from 20 something and the caravan traders never have material. It take years to see a space trader now.
>>
can i use bones for anything?
>>
does a poison ship have a max range? One landed in the corner and i might just leave it
>>
Fuck, I really hate how punishing the game has become with materials and trade, but I refuse to mod it easier.

25 steel to one component, man
>>
>>151931021
Don't forget the quantity of work required. Even a very good crafter still takes hours, even with tool benches.
>>
>>151930294
well fuck

why are we forced into 1 z-axis dorf fort mode if we're humans

good thing there's Vegetable Garden..
>>
my dream is this shit to have z levels so i dont have to worry about minerals
>>
>>151930952
Kill that thing ASAP.
>>
>>151931361
Please no, the clusterfuck is imminent.
>>
>>151931021
"punishing" implies difficulty

game is just super fucking tedious
>>
>>151931361
no pls

multiple z-levels ruined dwarf fortress
>>
>>151931440
>>151931361
i would like z-axis so multi-story buildings are possible and you dont have fuckin' sheet metal roofs
>>
>>151931361

Instead of more Z-levels you should be able to visit neighboring maps in some fashion. That way when you run out of materials on yours you can go collect more from another map or even build a second base.
>>
>>151932159
And then have transportation vehicles to make the hauling easier, like an ox cart or something.
>>
How does the game calculate wealth? Does it consider everything on the map to belong to me? Couple of mechanoids just landed nearby and after I fried them my wealth jumped.
>>
>>151932486
Yes, everything on the map except for the buildings you haven't claimed is yours.
>>
>5 tribalists scenario
>survived 3 raids against other tribes
>suddenly orion corp raid
>it's just one guy with a psychic shield thing and a titanium rod
>procedes to fuck up all 5 of my poor tribals

Is this what the apache felt?
>>
>>151932808
>tfw cant go Geronimo and roam map to map as warrior-nomads being chased by hightech assholes
>>
does anyone else random the site they start at if they pick crash land to make it seem more realistic?
>>
>>151933036
maybe if you had the option to eventually create a caravan and move off the map after you get situated
Thread posts: 769
Thread images: 128

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.