[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nmsg/ - No Man's Sky General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 864
Thread images: 134

The sky looks scary edition
>>
Cannot get online working, where's the patch for Codex?
>>
>>151604929
>online
>pirate copy
>>
is there mulitplayer?
>>
File: 20160812184835_1.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160812184835_1.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
Yup, sky looks scary.
>>
meme game
>>
>>151605042
Meme post
>>
>only the same 6~ people/ships land in space stations
>>
>>151605185
sup sean
>>
It got some flaws but I'm still having fun so far. Decided to ignore the Atlas and just explore all the planets I come across. Far into the second system so far. But I think I got lucky with some cool planets.

Found one with small jumping pillow animals and a big t-rex with the nature of "stalker". Starting planet was pretty cool. Almost like an eden full of life and plants with no hazards.

Only annoying thing so far is that copper nodes are always floating in the air as big balls.
>>
>>151604076

30 minutes of reversing away from the light while looking straight 'down' on the map camera and only one thing has changed. The frequency/intensity of the gas clouds you fly through has gotten noticeably lower. and the size of the light has gotten very slightly smaller.

And to the anon that said its the center of the galaxy, that's kind of what I figured, but it is not the center of the universe which is the games goal. The nearest stars prior to reaching the empty space around the light source was over 600,000 light years from the center.
>>
A day before this general is dead because theres absolutely fucking nothing to do.
>>
>>151605427
It's already dead

In other news, does anyone know if you take your ship into ng+?
>>
Won't buy it now. It's essentially early access. Worse than D3 launch.
>>
>>151605427
That's not true. There will be people playing this. If this general is dead in a day then it's because of all the shitposting.
>>
File: 20160813203200_1.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813203200_1.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
finally ditched my shitty transporter for this viper-ish thing
>>
Be honest with me guys. How bad of a port is it?

I'm going to have to get my gaming pc out of storage for it (moved to a new place a few weeks ago, haven't bothered to set everything up yet). That could take up to half an hour, probably longer since I have to put my pc desk back together again.

Is it worth the hassle?
>>
Is there any solution to it crashing on startup?
>>
>>151604840

>mfw starting planet is surrounded by an asteroid field dripping with Nickel and Aluminium and the local station is buying both at +145% the galactic average
>>
Uninstalled after an hour.

Repetitive garbage, seen one planet seen them all
>Grind Resources
>Sell to vendor
>Rinse repeat

zzzzzzzzzzz
>>
File: 1327076785085.jpg (16KB, 275x293px) Image search: [Google]
1327076785085.jpg
16KB, 275x293px
>>151605185
>Hello Games doesn't owe you the world
No they owe me $60 worth of entertainment. If I don't think they have given me that, then I'm entitled to that opinion

>Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILIAN of them.
Calling those space rocks "worlds" is like calling my shopping list a book
>>
>>151605526
Found that model as a crashed ship. Is pretty cool.

>>151605582
In my own experience I have had no crashes, stutters and the graphics are a lot better than the console version.

However the interface suffers. I learned to use short keys to navigate it as if I was using a controller because when I click with my mouse the cursor resets to the center of the screen then it swap to the next page. Stuff like that makes it annoying but it's not game breaking
>>
Any links for GOG version patches?
>>
>>151605606
Tried reinstalling? If it's steam, have you validated cache? Tried new graphics drivers?
>>
>>151605815
GOG version. Both reinstalled and updated my card and all I get is a black screen for a second before it crashes.
>>
>>151605505
>shitposting
>the only thing keeping the post count up
>killing the thread

You sound like one of those faggots that says pirating takes money away from devs.
>>
>>151605785
Try using GOG Galaxy and auto updates
>>
when do you get the blueprints for the atlas pass?
>>
>>151605582

It's certainly got a lot of issues. Crashing, memory leaks, shit optimization, terribly rdm stating planets, meaning it's either a cakewalk to get rich and move on, or absolute fucking hell.

That being said, you might luck out and be one of the guys who gets a good starter planet that doesn't make you want to uninstall in the first hour. If that happens the game isn't as bad as all the haters make it seem.

Definitely pirate it first though. $60 is way too steep a price tag for the issues the game has right now.
>>
>>151605869
What specs and OS?
>>
>>151605785
>he doesn't have access to private trackers
>>
>>151605873
Yes, that's right. Your shitposting makes you a hero that keeps the thread alive after you scare people away. Let me use this opportunity to thank you.
>>
>Couldnt play all day because I was at work
>read all day about horrible performance issues and angry people
>Super dissapointed, almost wanted to refund without playing
>Got home and booted it up expecting nothing
>loaded in less than 10 seconds on my western digital GREEN drive
>No framerate drop, no crashes
>games bretty gud.

The only issue I have is a little bit of screen tear from v-sync being off.

Fucking /v/ cancer.
>>
>>151605968
W8.1
i5
Radeon R9 200
>>
>>151606010
>v-sync being off.

That's unplayable. Screen tearing is immersion breaking.
>>
Do the wall things only have weapon blueprints? I have never gotten an exosuit or ship shield blueprint out of them.
>>
What a boring piece of shit game

>All you do is grind resources to vendor them for gold
>>
REEEEEE
any way to disable the annoying as shit 'tips' on the bottom right?
>>
>>151606010
>works flawlessly for me, /v/ is just memeing
wew
>>
>>151606087
It's like the life of that girl in star wars
>>
File: 98562.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
98562.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>151605185
I'm with you on this. But the people here are betas that have no power in rl, so they pent their frustration on people who try their hardest to achieve something and try to bring them down to their level. It's sad really.

But I feel sorry for these betas too, they can't find fun in anything that got problems in it. it HAS to be perfect for them to have fun.

This is how I played No man's sky.
Myself and three other friends started to play at the same time. I started on some blue planet with a lot of gold, I did the mission to fix my ship and then the game crashed. So unlike some of the people on /vg/ would get a refund, I booted it up and played again. Did not crash for the rest of the time I played it. My mate crashed a lot both the game and ship, he's good like that but he kept playing it. It was alot of fun, my friends and I talking about the strange plants, animals and bugs.

I enjoied the game, it's fun and relaxing.
I dislike the price tag but hey, nothing's perfect.
I would give this game a 7.5/10, a bit too much grinding and the Suit voice system distortion need to be toned down.
>>
File: 1448232741955.gif (2MB, 224x126px) Image search: [Google]
1448232741955.gif
2MB, 224x126px
>>151606087
Which doesn't make sense in the first place. "rare" earth metals are only rare on EARTH. The notion that ANY naturally occurring metal like Gold, Plutonium or Palladium would have ANY value in a galactic market is fucking laughable.

I mean for fucks sake, the game LITERALLY has planets with MOUNTAINS OF GOLD

WHY THE FUCK IS IT WORTH ANYTHING IF THERE ARE MOUNTAINS OF IT
>>
I'm already bored with the game.
>>
I'm running with an i7, windows10, 16gb ram, 890ti. May be above average but I have had no issue with running the game so far beyond a few stutters the first 5 seconds during the start.

So it can be done
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 14-46-56-018.jpg (475KB, 1920x1062px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 14-46-56-018.jpg
475KB, 1920x1062px
who else /xwing/ here?
>>
>>151605185
>a tiny team of people made an entire universe
they didnt hand make 18 quintilian worlds
>>
Hey guys is there anyway to tell on the galactic map where previously discovered systems are?

I want to go back and explore a planet I skipped over. I'm only one jump away from the system but somehow I cant fucking find the damn star with the shitty interface
>>
File: NoMansBuy.webm (2MB, 644x1074px) Image search: [Google]
NoMansBuy.webm
2MB, 644x1074px
Somebody want to explain to me why Steam rates the game at Mixed, claiming to be 59% positive, when there are over 20,000 negative reviews and only about 2000 positive?
>>
>>151606206
>cheat in 200000 units of a "very rare" material
>sell it to the vendor
>its price doesnt fluctuate on the global intergalactic market

ok.
>>
>>151606319
Deceptive business practices
>>
>>151606289
You should had named the system. I know you can add a waypoint for the future but don't know how effective it is since I haven't used it myself yet.

The smart way would be to count the systems distance from the center as you have most likely traveled towards it.
>>
>>151605012
>online
>online
>>
>>151605886
are you using it? does it work?
>>
>>151606231
fyi you can get rid of the tip for your jetpack thing. click an inventory slot to install a module and press the pin button. then unpin it. should clear the one that is currently pinned that you see. if thwt doesnt work dismantle the jetpack thing and before reinstalling unpin it.

a few blueprints seem to auto pin themselves. only seen 2 so far, that them of them
>>
>>151606319
No idea but maybe they base it on a voting system and not written reviews.
>>
Uhm, I hope this isn't a stupid question but can't we name our character? My name was just set to "Explorer". That kinda sucks since I had hoped they would show who discovered what.
>>
>>1516065312
steam/psn name.
>>
>>151606590
Not unless you bought it
>>
>>151606702
I did. But I haven't had any connection to the server. I was never given an option to name my character during the start.
>>
>>151606590
Go online you tard.
>>
NMS FOV Patch for v1.0 (lets you use any FOV for on-foot and flight)
https://mega.nz/#!1d9miBaB!b7gZdSqW00UTn_akhCt_DGIgyMAsh28eukJ9xIgex5E
>>
>>151606778
You have to install the gog galaxy app thing and play it through that afaik
>>
>>151606803
or you can just change it in the settings file..
>>
File: Fuck you gaben.png (28KB, 331x444px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you gaben.png
28KB, 331x444px
>>151605012
>>
>>151606838
IMO it was more convenient to do that and be able to change in the Options than to edit the settings file. But yes, that works.
>>
>>151606826
I'll give that a try, thx. I was wondering if it was just because their servers were down.
>>
>>151605993
>scare people away
This isn't reddit. I'm sure people can handle conflicting opinions around here. Or am I really offending you?
>>
File: Best.jpg (592KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
592KB, 1920x1080px
BestPlanet reporting in
>>
File: XqSXszT.png (929KB, 653x787px) Image search: [Google]
XqSXszT.png
929KB, 653x787px
I'm still on the "Leave Planet" segment of the game. I've repaired my launch thrusters, pulse engine, then I fueled up my thrusters but it didn't update my progression for fueling up. Am I missing something?
pic related
>>
>>151607014
So far I only landed on irradiated shitholes
>>
>>151607014
low quality textures
>>
File: sAdv9NV.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sAdv9NV.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Is there inevitably an issue that would arise by killing too many Sentinals? I found a spot where there's an abundance of Platinum & Iron next to a trader who sells them at jacked prices, but Sentinals keep interupting each time.

I havn't even started the Atlas Path thing, so am I going to regret killing so many sentinals? Or does it mean literally nothing?
>>
>>151607058
press W
>>
>>151606956
You are being obnoxious. Not offensive.
>>
>strip mining what seem to be an endless Emeril stack
>makeshift staircase to get back up
>fall through map on to cave
>fall through map again in undermap water
>quick thinking, start blasting jet pack
>load a grenade up and blast through the floor of the cave and fly back into map
Fuck man I almost perma-lost 500k worth of Emeril
>>
>>151607083
It was preventing me from doing anything in the ship. I needed to talk to the Atlas and accept guidance
>>
>>151607081
It depends on the planet. When you land a new place it shows the aggressiveness of sentinels. But in my experience when I have found a big chunk of something then they don't bother me as long as I don't deplete it. It's the small deposits that upset them. And flora and fauna mattered more to them where I have been
>>
why does this game look like skyrim? Did development start that far back or was sony just aiming for ps4 graphics?
>>
l myself a gamer.

However, it seems and community. You're the technical and having for four fault if you don't under and haven't just fucking dollars going that you need is than soulless corporate cashcows forever.

What the way because they have problems. They don't needed. What people haven't bought it would DISTRACT you to explore the reason so mandatory fee to the greater good because of these AAA game, man.

I heard some features get out. God damn. Hello Games. We need to what people live up to the gaming antelope-like any have never, EVER felt through the experience for me the fuck me so fucking so much. Do you people has being anything organism for you to experience for you to do whatever you need it. I've been release,cancel you a universe is a worked years from the experience. No, you don't under fucking rocks? SWTOR. Planetside by side by side by side by side by side by side without of these AAA titles. You are breath taking, but most likely. Stop overreactions of misinformation and uplay and it's called Hello Games. We need to the greater cave on PS$. SO hop aboard some features on thing is KILLING VIDEO GAMES. We NEED single play games. They poured the same system once I acquired the most of all the hyp train 2 years of playing No Mans Sky after 32 hrs on there screeching in front of you sensational experiences made years on a liar, huh? Bullshit. I've been release on a cold, long aspected and plagued was perhaps the biggest temper tantrum inevitably mistakenly two system so you can meta criting the experience. No, you do in Call of Duty?

No Man's Sky, and soulless corporate the fucking this horrible behaving taken server issue! It's a single playing desperately and quite literally crying the fucking organism for the warp cell. No matter what I'm looking as you fuck off and quit dragging think about what we got here. It's so far. Just because what we got here. It's multiplayer. Newsflash: Games. Jeez Louise.
>>
>>151607378
you think skyrim looks bad?
>>
Does anyone know how hard it is to get a gog refund?
Absolute waste of money
>>
>>151607483
I think it looked good 4 years ago but now it looks like a mess of plain textures with pretty landscapes, like this game
>>
>>151605756
Please don't feed the trolls - it's just Reddit copypasta.
>>
Is there a way to transfer fuel/energy when changing ships? My hyperdrive is half full, but all the ships you can buy or find always have empty hyperdrives/thrusters
>>
>>151606332
this is what ruins the game
>>
>>151607496
GoG are auto denying refunds for it. Should have went with steam.
>>
How much longer do we have to deal with stupid fucking shitposters trying to get lols and shit coming in here?
>>
>>151607496
why don't you just try? But I don't think they have to give you a refund just because you don't like a game. It's not like you had plenty of opportunity to check it out beforehand. (They even provide the DRM-free version)
>>
who PS4 here? The game is so comfy. I wouldn't have minded the fact if it was a bit more vague but oh well. Just got a bigger ship and found a comfy planet with floating deposits of copper all over the place. Couple of dino's with platypus heads which are pretty tough and irritating.

Only thing I don't like is that I can't place waypoints. Sometimes I just want an easy route to a trade post I already discovered but there isn't really an option for that.
>>
>tfw found the perfect planet

>No strange weather that tries to kill me 24/7
>Not toxic
>No acid rain
>Water and land
>Tonnes of every mineral from gold to Aluminium
>Cool creatures that dont attack me
>Loads of outposts and locations

Dont want to leave desu
>>
>>151607014
looks comfy
>>
>>151607657
About the same as with any new game id assume.

forever
>>
>>151607657
Until the gameplay patch comes out.
>>
File: NMS .jpg (469KB, 1914x1052px) Image search: [Google]
NMS .jpg
469KB, 1914x1052px
Hey guys, I found a bug where you can put the skin of any ship on your ship for free. All your items, and inventory spaces, remain the same
>>
>>151607760
Report it.
>>
>>151607620
Is this serious?
Australia has pretty strict return laws
>>
File: Swordfish II.jpg (274KB, 1920x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Swordfish II.jpg
274KB, 1920x1053px
Rate my ship?
>>
>>151606319
dafuq are you talking about, I see 13k positive & 10k negative reviews
>>
>>151607657
A while. The kids on /v/ are literally just making PURE copy pasta threads now where they all just endlessly shitpost nonsense and copy paste stuff.

Literal autism.

>>151607814
Duck/10
>>
>>151607760
Give me steps to repro it so we can help the devs fix it by confirming it's not just your copy.
>>
>tfw finally got an atlas key v1
>Go into a locked room using it
>Get a free Exo suit upgrade

nice
>>
>>151607814
Looks very phallic
>>
>>151605185
Is this some pasta?

Otherwise.
They take $60, so it will be judge as such game.
Its a rather big team of 15 people.

And they advertised it rather blurry and with wrong features.
What now will haunt them.

And besides hate, they are rather valid critic about them.

Like its an exploring simulator, but even this exploring gets rather repetive, so the prime point thy didnt executed good.
So all critism is valid.

It seems like you give them, because they are Indy developer a free pass.
And this is rather harming industry, like all preordering games.

And noone owns anything.
He decide to make such product, the customersr never said they wanted this.
Hello Games rather advertised it than custoners said what should be in it.
>>
>>151607372
That explains that. But what I was asking was; Is there any repercussions to killing too many sentinels? i.e, an alien race will deny talking to me because I've killed 100 sentinels.
>>
shouild i even bother with learning the languages?
>>
>>151607863
Swap your ship with either crashed one or bought one. Then go to options > reload previous save. You'll be back before you went and got in the ship, with your old ship. Except your old ship now has the new ship's skin.

>>151607760
I'm too lazy to report it, hopefully bringing notoriety to it in this thread, will get it patched.
>>
>>151607964

>Its a rather big team of 15 people.
>15 people
>Big team

lad
>>
why am I still playing this game 8 hours a day?
>>
Do I need to delete my saves to start a new game? There is no option for it.
>>
>>151608189
you have to reinstall
>>
>>151608070
Neat, though if I swap to a crashed ship with a good design chances are I'm keeping it because they usually have a slot or two more than your current ship.
>>
Get it why it's still hot.
Or just torrent it.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/games?publishers=Egosoft&sale=true
>>
>>151607814
>>151607926
He's obviously compensating.
>>
File: 20160813213505_1.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813213505_1.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
this viper looks even better
need another half mil though
>>
File: B42XE5W.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
B42XE5W.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>151608389
I've spent the last two days looking for crashed ship sites to steal all the delicious inventory and get a new ship for free

I ended up buying a new one from a Gek merchant for a whooping 500k u
also, I think prices go a little down if you're friend with a particular race
>>
So going to the center of the galaxy on your own is just a NG+
and following the Atlas path is just a NG+ but with an uninspired meta story

despite having objectives, the objectives in this game are meaningless then?
>>
Let's see if I still find the game fun today

Yesterday was alright, though there are some issues, above all

>every hazard is the same, just power up your hazard protection and it doesn't matter for anything if its cold, hot, radioactive etc.
>constantly having to refuel every little fucking thing and manually doing it through the menu
>>
>>151608604
yeah i found a guy trying to sell a massive ship for about 2 million then about a few hours later after my rep increased theyd sell it for like 1.5
>>
>>151608084
>rather
thats big for an indy developer
small if its a game producer
So you say they arnt a indy developer but a small game developer?
Than the critism is valuid, thx anon.

>>151608124
Because you found traveling and maybe mine & sell it your schtick?
>>
Do you keep your shit when you go NG+ after reaching the center?

I wouldn't be interested in starting all over in every aspect
>>
>>151608775
or maybe it's level scaled?
anyway, I earn 1M/h with the bypass chip scam so prices aren't really a problem
>>
Reminder to enter your ini file and disable GSYNC which is set to true by default to get a huge performance boost
>>
My slugship which I bought for 900k. Really really enjoying this game up untill now.
>>
>>151608308
No, moving my saves worked. They were just a bit hard to find. They were hidden deep in the app folder.
>>
>>151608941
bypass chip scam?
>>
>>151608953
that did nothing at all for me
>>
File: Bjo8oEP.jpg (84KB, 700x683px) Image search: [Google]
Bjo8oEP.jpg
84KB, 700x683px
So has anyone found a nice earth looking planet? green foliage, deep blue skies? I'm still looking for it but I keep getting ugly red/green shit.
>>
File: 20160813214928_1.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813214928_1.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
R I C H
I
C
H
>>
>>151607669
How?
>>
File: 1471091820137.jpg (240KB, 768x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1471091820137.jpg
240KB, 768x1090px
>>>/v/348241992

guys
>>
>>151609245
Delete system32.
>>
>60 carbon is infinite carbon for learning words
Fuel and Isotope choices both give you 60 carbon and aren't a choice when getting a word, the 120 carbon from getting both is enough to cycle through all possibilities and get the carbon choices again.
>>
>>151605185
>Played for 2 hours
>Found it repetitive
I knew this game would be shit when it was obvious the developers didn't want to share details
>>
>>151605185
delicious pasta
>>
>>151609286
wut
>>
>>151609280
>intel card

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>151609282
so fucking epic
>>
>>151609042
yeah when you craft over 9000 bypass chips and sell them

the sell price for each bypass chip is 3300 circa, depends on where you are in the galaxy.
and considering you craft these chips with 2 of the most common materials, it's a decent and fast exploit to earn a few coins
>>
>>151605626
will I ever be this lucky?
>>
>>151609381
That doesn't sound like a scam, just you grinding like mad
>>
who here uses/used the ship inventory exploit?

Rolling in millions of units here, selling 13 500 stacks of Emerl will make you about 44 million an hour.
>>
I hate how everything in this game is foggy

why are all planets always foggy so you can never see far
>>
>>151609365
When giving aliens carbon the set of choices is predetermined and cycles through 6 total sets.
There are 3 sets where you can get a new word and 3 that you can't, for the 3 that you don't get a new word one has a receive isotope option and another has receive fuel, both of these options give you 60 carbon each so you can infinitely learn words without going out to mine.
>>
>>151609562
explain faggot
>>
>>151606417

Yeah I've named it. Still cant find it. I really dont understand why the map is this bad I mean ffs galaxy maps arent exactly something new and I literally cant find a system one jump away from me.
>>
>>151609381
Bypass chips don't stack right? Not rly a scam
>>
>>151607779
>>151607863
Thank you god.

I was just starting to lose faith in humanity, sitting here thinking there were actually people who could convince themselves this wasn't the worst game ever made.

But turns out you just work for Hello Games. It all makes sense now...

Fuck I feel bad for you guys, damage control on this must be a full time dumpster fire. Hope they're paying you well.
>>
Melee+Jetpack makes you go sanic fast
>>
this game i shit
>>
>JOURNEY MILESTONE ACHIEVED
>Wake up

I'm so fucking tired of these goddamn unskippable milestone cut ins. I could be getting shot at, about to burn alive or get mauled by a creature but I can't do shit because that goddamn screen is up.
>>
>>151609950
quality post
>>
>game is worse than cubeworld
>>
>>151609949
Is that legit true?

Can an anon confirm so we can at least enjoy being Sanic the Spesshog?
>>
File: 20160813051916_1.jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813051916_1.jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
I swear to go this game is upscaled on PC. There's a fuzziness that I don't get in other games that I haven't seen since Dark Souls 1.
>>
>game is multiplayer
>Never meet another player or even see evidence that another player existed other than 'Asshat69 discovered this planet'
>>
Talking of ships, I've been looking for a 10 million cred + ship that doesn't look like shit and can't find one. Help.
>>
>>151609994
You can still play through them on pc, you just don't have a hud.
>>
>>151609447
>>151609863

I...I know...It's just that this game leaves where little to imagination to I'm RPGing my way to the center of the galaxy as an mercenary hacker who wants to reset the universe

because why the fuck not I mean I'm adding a little depth
>>
>>151609997
the quality of the post is on par with the game's one
>>
File: 1454268672390.jpg (9KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1454268672390.jpg
9KB, 262x263px
Torrented it, played it since release, it is nice and interesting at first, but quickly gets repetetive and boring.

Your literal goal is to add more slots to your suit and ship, no thanks.

I might play it once a month, but fuck paying for it.
>>
Do I really have to craft 1 electron vapour into 1 antimatter into 1 warp cell every single time I jump systems?
>>
>>151610210
enjoy :3
>>
>>151610065
I've been looking for any ship that isn't shit, found one but didn't have enough credits. Never found it again.
>>
Wait - Is this game like leveling in WoW, without PVP or PVE? You just grind resources and "explore"?
>>
>>151610210
No, I was actually about to use my impulse engine to travel between two close systems. Obviously it took longer, but it was only a minute or so.
>>
>>151610210
Yes.
>>
>>151610393
>>151610303
Who thought this would be fun?
>>
>>151610356
More like you grind slots for your inventory instead of actually caring about the center.
>>
how do you think we could make this game better?

I think building your own structures or even a space station, where you can go back after hours of space exploring would, would be fun
>>
>Take Minecraft
>Remove the ability to place blocks
>Triple the price
>Make fifty million dollars
Help me understand
>>
>>151610451
And what can you do with the stuff you grind / harvest?

Sell it to buy what?
>>
>>151610343
>>151607814
Just sit at a space station for an hour till one you can afford flies in.
>>
>>151610461
I could write you a list of like 300 bullet points on how to improve this game but I'm tired
>>
PC cheats when
>>
>>151610435
I legit think that Sean just made this gaem to have an excuse to act pretentious and smart with it, whilst calling anyone who'd criticize him "entitled crybabies" and so forth so he could become as smug as John Romero before Johnny boy ended up fucked forever.
>>
There's no multiplayer because planet states don't get saved, thus they wouldn't be sync'd between players.

For those who don't understand the implications of that, it means there will never be official multiplayer because it would require a rewrite of the planet system, the core of the entire fucking game.
>>
>>151609040
How? I want to restart. Please tell me how
>>
I need a suspension fluid blueprint fuck

any way to up my odds of finding one?
>>
>>151610497
Sell it for credits to buy either mats to make other mats to make gear, or to buy ships which increase inventory space and come with different gear.
>>
File: 142928375636.jpg (75KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
142928375636.jpg
75KB, 768x1024px
Are they really going to add static base building to a game that encourages you to keep travelling

Do they have any game design nous at all?
>>
>Harvest mats
>Sell mats
>Buy bigger ship
>Repeat until biggest ship
>No goal remains
>>
>>151610638
I just found it at a manufacturing plant on some random planet.
>>
>>151610142
lmao I guess so. I'm playing as Spance Dandy without friends lel
>>
>>151609659
Step 1: Put items in your ship inventory which you wish to duplicate
>Step 2: Go to a space station and land. Make sure your progress is saved (it should automatically when boarding a station). Check the options menu and make sure your game saved under current save.
Step 3: Get back in your ship and fly out of the station. Turn around and attack the station. Die.
>Step 4: Your game will load up back at the station after your death. Your ship inventory will be empty and a waypoint on your map will have your location of death. If you fly there you can recollect your ship inventory.
Step 5: Go to the options menu and reload the PREVIOUS save. This save is the one before you died.
>Step 6: After reloading the previous save, check your ship inventory. All your items will still be there. Now check you map. Your "death" waypoint will still be there with all the items from when you died. Sell duplicated items from ship inventory, board ship and recollect your original ship inventory, then go back to the station and repeat.
>>
I fucking hate how you can't look straight down in your ship when in the atmosphere of a planet
cause the game has to "keep you level" and stop you from bouncing into something

it pisses me off so much
>>
>>151610461
You make a new game. Seriously. This is irredeemable garbage. Anything added onto it would only compound and focus it's infinite pool of flaws, like building second floor additions onto a tin shack house.
Every thing I could possibly think of that could be bad about a game exists in NMS. It's a fucking joke. I feel like The Comedian in the Watchmen and I can't stop crying.
>>
>Tinyass inventory thats fiddly as shit
>finally upgrade my inventory space!
>oh you want a suit/ship upgrade?
>that inventory space is now filled by a fucking upgrade.

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA.
>>
File: wowowow.png (29KB, 596x48px) Image search: [Google]
wowowow.png
29KB, 596x48px
>>151607964
>>
File: 20160813160402_1.jpg (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813160402_1.jpg
473KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any way to scan for specific minerals from space or your ship?

I'm looking for Aluminum in particular, yet whenever I spot a deposit of anything i land and take a closer look. Any way to avoid this?
>>
>>151611142
Nope. Scans from your ship only reveal question markers, which will be anything from outposts to shelters to monoliths. It won't mark any elements. You have to be on foot for it to mark elements and even then your scanner doesn't set waypoints for the big mountains of elements you'd find.

Also, aluminum is one of the harder to find green elements. Good luck.
>>
>>151607462
is this pasta?
or are there a lot more japanese people trying to learn english on 4chan these days
>>
>>151609949
>>151610029
Sprint+Melee+Jump makes you go even more fast
also you can keep the fastness if you stay in the air, giving short boost of jetpack. I'm going all upgrades on jetpack and I'm flying all over the place, don't even need my spaceship.

even tried to do a autohotkey macro for perfect timing, but NMS is such a terrible port, alot of shit is fucking up if you try to do anything with the game. Doenst even want to use my thumb buttons.

also, found this in google, some nice things in there
>https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4x88ji/super_helpful_game_mechanics_that_are_never/?sort=new
that weird looking site seems to have a big no mans sky community
>>
File: 1470502034900.jpg (15KB, 480x243px) Image search: [Google]
1470502034900.jpg
15KB, 480x243px
>>151611065
This. I've seen some stupid fucking design choices, but this has to take the cake for inventory.
They could've had dedicated slots or a tab for upgrades while having a dedicated tab for items. Who the fuck woke up and thought combining the two would be a good idea? So the more upgrades you get, the less you can carry.
>>
>>151608604
13.4 mil ship reporting in
35 slot inventory i am pretty sure it as big as they get

kinda pus looking ship with 4 ballsacs hanging of the wings
>>
>>151609008
I feel like half the bad reviews are legit frustration and half are just people who barely scratched the surface/have literal toaster rigs
>>
>>151607760
>cosmetic exploit in a single player game.

nobody cares
>>
>>151610382
How do you do that? I'm very close to a atlas system but somehow it says my warp to it is blocked.

I don't know wich direction I have to pulse jump.
>>
File: 20160813015309_1.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813015309_1.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>>151611249

damn
>>
>>151611373
idk man the pc community seems really toxic nowadays. Every game is "literally unplayable".
>>
File: 20160813222451_1.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813222451_1.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
>8.5 mil
>33 slots
and i have special relationship already
>>
>>151610756
neat, thanks
>>
Is there any way to store resources (beyond your backpack and ship of course)?

I just want to stockpile some resources just in case I need them and can't find them.
>>
>>151611529

Get grinding those sheckles
>>
File: 20160813222619_1.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813222619_1.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>151611591
i'd rather have this viper
it's only 920k and the best looking one i've seen so far
>>
Anyone figureed out how to add money with CheatEngine? I'm missing a bit for a fancy new ship, send help.
>>
Is the only way to get a real ship buying one in a space station?
>>
>>151611718
You can't.
>>
>>151611718
Seriously the only thing to do is grind for a ship that is the game
>>
>>151611721
No
>>
>>151611529
I feel like the faction system has no significance whatsoever. After having 3 or 4 positive interactions with each faction I can do all the options when talking with them a second time. Only noticeable thing after 10 or so hours is better prices when trading with them.

>>151611541
No prob. Fuck trying to make units the "right" way. It's an incredibly slow process if you try to sell all those green trinkets. I just wanted to have a nice money cushion so I can focus on exploring.
>>
>>151611682
It's too bad you can't just buy extra ship slots like you can with the suit.
>>
I somehow managed to get the game running on my old as fuck rig.

I have some problems with the sound however, ambient sound and music is straight up not working and cracking like a badly emulated ps2 game, and the voices are all playing at x2 speed for some reason.

Also I landed my ship into a mountain and can't get back in it.

If the game was just a little more optimized it'd be pretty fun honestly. Even though it's just a carbon copy of out there, with actual gameplay.
>>
>chetnology recharged
Is it so much to ask for an ai to not speak like a retard if it can't be disabled?
>>
>>151610832
change your FOV to something between 120-150, 150 being max
you ahve to do it in gamefile, ingame only goes to 100
,gives a bit more view.
>>
>>151611776
Yeah but I'm not missing much and if I leave, the ship disappears.
>>
>>151611721
If you find transmitters on planets (they have the orange beam shooting straight up, you should be able to see them from your ship as you fly around), you can access them with a bypoass chip and select transmission. More times than not, it will be a crashed ship and your map will make a waypoint. You can exchange your ship for free with the crashed ship if you want, though you'll have to repair it just like your starting ship at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>151611249
>Also, aluminum is one of the harder to find green elements. Good luck.
it does if you click on a blueprint that you dont have materials for.
>>
I am being asked by my group of friends to buy this on GOG instead of Steam so I can give them copies - does anyone know if that actually works? It says DRM free so does that mean I can legit provide them an installer?
>>
>>151610630
Your appdata folder is likely a hidden folder. It's located in your account in your windows OS. Follow this path when you find it AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS and then (delete) move the folder that is inside NMS called DefaultUser to user desk top. That way you can just move it back to fix it if anything went wrong. Now start up the game and it will generate a new DefaultUser folder and you start anew.
>>
>>151607682
Only thing I don't like is that I can't place waypoints. Sometimes I just want an easy route to a trade post I already discovered but there isn't really an option for that.
>>
How do I find a new gun? On my starting planet and couple after that, they were shitting them at me but I haven't seen one for a while now and I really need and upgrade.
>>
>>151612106
Just give them a pirate link, you wanker.
>>
>>151612106
Yes that actualy works, this is the literal definition of drm free.
>>
File: 20160813223506_1.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813223506_1.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
how do you recharge your photon cannon?
>>
>>151612170
I've been playing around with the start gun for 12 hours now

just have to aim and not miss!
>>
Every single building looks the same

>oh look it's the "learn words" ruin
>oh look it's the generic station where you solve a number """puzzle"""
>oh look it's the little hut that has some multitool tech

what the fuck

I regret buying this game so much it's unreal
>>
>>151612217
the same way you charge every other peice of shit, you click it in the inventory and feed it whatever resource it desires.
>>
>>151612217
by reading the bottom right corner and doing it like you recharge every other thing in this game.
>>
>>151612106
Just give the lazy fucks a link to the gog torrent if you want to buy it on steam
>>
File: 1342118929329.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1342118929329.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
If any of you fags still have fps issues try this.

Go to steamapps/common/no man's sky/binaries/settings

You will see a file that looks like this-

TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML

Open the file with a text editor, you will see a line in the text that reads

<Property name="GSync" value="true" />

Change this to false, all the pc games come with it enabled. I don't know why hello games assumed everyone had a gsync monitor. It gave me a nice little FPS boost.
>>
>>151612271
>>151612341
thanks for just posting bullshit
the photon cannon doesn't need any resource, there's nothing you can feed it
>>
>>151612170
Chance of it spawning in any enclosure. Keep looking and exploring traveller :o)

>>151612217
I've been wondering this too. It always prompts me to but whenever I try to charge it, it doesn't let me. Maybe a bug?

Also who here thinks the worst part of this game is the way you recharge your ship's shield during combat? Absolutely retarded that you have to go into your inventory DURING COMBAT to recharge. By the time I recharge my shield and go back to fighting my shield has already lost 50%.
>>
>>151612271
>the same way you charge every other peice of shit

lol'd hard, thank you anon
>>
File: 20160813163820_1.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813163820_1.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
HEAR YE HEAR YE

Be warned of this modification.
Looks sweet, doesnt it?

To bad it does nothing.
>>
File: CpvyopwXEAAsR4f.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CpvyopwXEAAsR4f.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
post and r8 ships
>>
How do you progress through the game?
I got a thing that lets me go to a different galaxy and I supposed to just keep moving to different galaxies until I hit the center?
>>
>>151612443
are you sure you are selecting the right part and not some upgrade of it or the lazer canon?
Look at the one that is blinking and has an empty bar in your inventory.
>>
>>151612496
Naw it does something. Lets your gun fire faster streams of bullets so it semi-resembles your mining tool beam. Really shines if you have a big clip
>>
>>151612123
Nice, thanks
>>
>>151612496
>not using the bonus by linking the similar upgrades to the main mining laser/weapon/visor

lel, fucking casual
>>
>>151612585
i am
the photon cannon has no bar, it's not empty. i have no upgrades for it
on my first ship it was always at 100%, now it's always at 0%, but still fires
>>
>>151612496
it's for the boltcaster, right? meaning you have to switch weapons mode first,

does it really not change it into a beam? that sucks.
>>
File: Desertcrags.png (3MB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Desertcrags.png
3MB, 1920x1079px
ACTUAL BEST PLANET COMING THROUGH
The rest of it looked ass and I'm probably never touching it again, thanks based torrents
>>
>>151612684
oh right, they fixed that
pirates dont have that yet

I've got no clue mate, your probably stupod
>>
>>151612534
Looks like those z(?)-wings from the 6th star wars.

>>151612585
If you go to the ship inventory your photon cannon doesn't blink red or anything. Click it and it won't bring up the window where it has all the elements you can use to recharge it. The "photon recharge" message only shows up via a pinned message. I think it's a bug.
>>
>>151606010
I'm all one for saying it's just /v/ being /v/ but even TB made a video about crashes for some.
Its working fine on my Toaster 860M laptop (which is below the minimum specs) but I guess we just got pretty lucky.
>>
Any news on the "multiplayer" aspect of the game from HG since the PC release?
>>
>>151612496
I installed this on my gun. Bolt caster remained unchanged. Mining beam turned red and chewed through charge while losing all mining power. The fuck.
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-12 23-41-30-27.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-12 23-41-30-27.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
What do you lads mine for credits?
>>
Have yet to leave first planet, what am I actually missing? I'm just going around and discovering all the vy'keen shit that I can, have about a million credits, but nothing to really buy.

Also how the fuck can I get a planetary map, or a fucking compass
>>
>>151612696

1) it is for the boltcaster, yes

2) No, it does nothing.
>>
>>151612827
Don't expect any multiplayer "news" for the next month or two. If you hear anything, it's just reddit shills and Sean Murray lying to you.

>>151612696
Doesn't change it to a beam. See >>151612629
>>
>>151612649
NP. And if yo do it to get a good starting planet you can just restart until you find a good one as long as you don't save by getting in and exiting your ship.
>>
>>151612903
I move around a lot so basically whatever I find. Gold and Emeril are the big ones.
>>
>>151612903
Emeril or Aluminum if it's in crystals, otherwise I hunt Pearls, balls, or cubes.
>>
>>151612827
I'd just ditch the idea of multiplayer ever existing at this point
>>
>>151612903
Gold or Emerl. For fast monies, use the exploit: >>151610756

>>151612907
There aren't any planetary maps. No way to set waypoints either. No north south compass as well. It's all about the adventure traveller! :o)
>>
>its a sentinals keep on attacking you even though you're minding your own business episode
>>
>>151611272
Indians and underage who can't take their time to type a grammatically correct post.
>>
>>151612629

No, it did nothing for me.
>>
WHY THERE ARE SO MANY (((SPACE JEWS))) ON MY SYSTEM
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
How well would something like pic related work in NMS?
>>
>>151613075
>no map, no compass
>game about exploration
>not just exploration but impossible space exploration with incredible sci-fi technology
>no map, no compass
I never rode the hype train and just picked this game up on a whim so I didn't have any real expectations, so far it's a comfy exploring simulator that I wish had some autistic Minecraft rip offs like base building or crafting, but no map? The fuck
>>
>>151612907
You won't get a map or compass but your ships beacon is very useful for keeping your orientation. A map would be nice but I'm not even sure if it would work. You can get one in minecraft because once the land renders it's saved on disc. In this game that information is wiped as soon as it leaves your FoV.
>>
File: 20160813225227_1.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813225227_1.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
neato
also a ton of those shitty pearls that make the sentinels go full autism are around me
>>
SPACE PIRATES PLEASE LEAVE
FFS I ONLY HAVE SOME PLATINUM
>>
>>151613480
Once your ship is destroyed, then you have my permission to die.
>>
>>151613293
Hmmm....maybe it's because I had the shotgun upgrade and then I dismantled it and switched over. Will check when back.

>>151613278
that happens when you're on a "hostile sentinel" planet. Tells you when you land on the planet how volatile they are to your presence.

>>151613349
I haven't seen any truly HUGE creatures yet. Some things that were like 10/15 feet tall but nothing really awe inspiring they were all pussy animals anyway. running away from me even though they're quadruple my size
>>
>>151609008
sexy ship 8/10
>>151611529
biggu ship 9/10
>>151612534
cool sppeder 7/10
>>
>>151613353
Why is a map such a big deal? Once you increase your scanner range navigation is piss easy.
>>
>>151613551
getting caught was not part of my plan
>>
Pro tip for the wordsmiths out there: when you go to the Atlas interfaces there're small half balls sticking out the ground all over the place, go over to them they give you words, I just got like 10-15 words from them.
>>
>>151613623
you have a big shapceship
>>
I enjoy looking at the trophies and seeing lots of books that I've read, good work team
>the stars, like dust
Incon-fucking-ceivable
>>
>>151613654
Neat. Do they teach Atlus words or are they random or what?
>>
does anyone know what that planet class system means?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739857-no-mans-sky/71893510

I'm trying to find planets as seen in trailers
>>
>>151613574
I had p big dinosaurs with platypus faces and horns and they did crazy damage
>>
>>151613278
Prime directive
>>
>>151613668
i wish i did, i'm using the basic 15 slot one and it is not enough space
>>
Anyone found GOOD crashed ship yet?

seems a lot better than forking over 3 mill, but I'm not sure if there are better ships at crash sites
>>
>>151613590
I haven't done that yet. But maybe not so much a map as some kind of reference that let's me know how to get back to some nameless shrine or dwelling, if I want to revisit an alien or hit up a specific trade post.

Unless I'm missing something
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 03-02-10-65.jpg (1015KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 03-02-10-65.jpg
1015KB, 2560x1440px
>>151606231
/xwing/
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 519x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 519x464px
I played for 20 minutes, got bored and stopped.
Game freezes for a moment every few seconds and it annoyes me a lot.
All I did was mine shit. Is that all you do?

Also, are there even any structures, ruins, anything cool to see on the planets? Is it literally just a randomized terrain with some weird plants and useless animals?
>>
>>151613731
Well the one I just went to only gave me Get words, can't remember what they were at the last one but I missed them at the first one I went to because I just thought it was pretty background shit.
>>
>>151612217
Mine just work and won't let me recharge them. Possible bug but I'm not complaining.
>>
File: nms texas.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nms texas.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Pretty planet desu senpai
>>
>>151613872
Yeh, what you do in the first 10 minutes of the game is the entire game

>Press F on animals
>Grind resources to sell to vendor
>Interact on rocks to learn words

That is the entire game.
>>
>>151606421
Yes and yes, works like a charm
>>
Hi, I didn't pick atlas path and still haven't after reaching the first sphere thing.

Should I go back onto the path or keep not on it? Apparently the story needs you to be on it?
>>
when will they add the game?
>>
This game is just... so full of issues that drag it down or are boring it's unbelievable

How could Sean print this on disc and go "yup, we did it, this is great"

Unreal
>>
File: NoMansTry.jpg (101KB, 640x650px) Image search: [Google]
NoMansTry.jpg
101KB, 640x650px
>Pulls an all nighter
>Still can't come up with a single patch
>mfw
>>
File: F4lQufN.png (191KB, 623x877px) Image search: [Google]
F4lQufN.png
191KB, 623x877px
Why is this review so spot-on?
>>
>>151614125
tomorrow
>>
>Explore water planet
>Sealed space ship can't go under water
Okay, I'll forgive that
>About half of the actual marked things under water don't exist, and of those that do, half of their interactables don't function

FUCK
>>
>>151614089
You don't have to I think you can still go to the centre and do your shit as you would but I have a feeling the atlas path is a good chuck of the "story", It's really vague at the moment. You can get back on by jumping into system that have space anomalies, the person in there will help you find a black hole, give you shit or show where the nearest atlas is
>>
Hey guys I just found an outpost on a planet with a circular main room, three plants to loot, a number quiz in the middle to get a waypoint to a ruin where I can learn 3 words from stones (one from a sphere, same result though) and two corridors to the left and right that need atlas chips to be opened

Jelly of my unique discovery?
>>
>>151614015

What about my other question?
Are there any "cool" things on the planets to see?

I can't believe that there is nothing, just terrain and flora. Even bloody starbound had cool shit to find and explore.
>>
How do I upgrade my multitool?
I'm still stuck with the red basic one.

And how do I get an Atlas Pass?
>>
>>151614431
explore shit
explore shit
>>
>>151614398
No theyre all the same with different colour palettes.
>>
>>151613969
Ship weapons work different that your multi-tool as they don't need ammo/charging. They just overheat.
>>
Sean here

AMA
>>
>cenaatral section of massive resource pillars can't be mined despite having wireframe when scanned
>>
>>151614390
Yes the Atlas Monolith says something like it's only meaning is to be a purpose in an otherwise purposeless universe. But if you do what it directs you to anyway it should be the same, except Atlas talking to you while you do it
>>
>>151614398
>Are there any "cool" things on the planets to see?

No.
Every planet is 1 biome.
All resources and creatures as well as points of interest are randomly scattered on it.

It doesn't matter where you go, it's all the same.
>>
>>151614263
Already seen barren planets and variation in star types.

This guy is a fucking idiot.

Subnautica isn't even very fun and you're left going up and down constantly to grab five minerals. After you build a base, you're done. This guy's just full of shit.
>>
>>151611529
ugly af tho m8
>>
>>151614508
I have a weapon on my ship which consumes plutonium
>>
File: uOmJvNR.jpg (50KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
uOmJvNR.jpg
50KB, 960x540px
>>151614398
>>151614497
>>151614558

Lots of shitters out today, I see... I wonder when /v/ will get bored.
>>
>>151614508
My phase beams need recharging, though. Maybe it's a bug that the UI is constantly bugging me to recharge the photon cannons. They even show with a red border in the inventory screen but there's no option to recharge.
>>
>>151614391
hol yshit man we must be on the same planet because there one exactly like that on the last 28 planet I'm on!

>>151614398
The cool things are planets are the plants and animals, some monoliths and....that's kind of it. And they repeat for each planet.

>>151614275
THIS THIS THIS THIS it's happened so many fucking times on planets with water. Absolute garbage.
>>
File: 121.png (331KB, 600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
121.png
331KB, 600x1081px
>>151612390

Would you stop spreading this blatant bullshit you fucking faggot?

It doesn't do anything.
>>
Why do Sentinel drones even exist?
Why are they on every single planet and moon?
Why do they shoot you for mining iron or anything else?

I don't get this. Who added these and said "this is great"

The fuck is their purpose?
>>
>>151614742
whats cool about it? doesnt do anything for you
>>
>>151614742
found a planet like this too with a lot of table shaped mountains. It was eerie as fuck.
>>
>>151614806
it's so you have enemies to shoot on the ground
>>
how do I find stupid npcs that will pay 90% for whatever I'm selling?
>>
File: 9JyfCxj.jpg (68KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
9JyfCxj.jpg
68KB, 960x540px
>>151614742
>>151614821
Time to go inside.
>>
File: 20160813071349_1.jpg (475KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813071349_1.jpg
475KB, 1920x1080px
What do I do with vortex cubes?
>>
>>151614390
>>151614553
So far all the atlas interactions have been shit like "I feel like I've pissed god off" or spooky invasive shit like it sending a bunch of shapes after me. On the spooky spheres I picked give me shit, the other options were black holes or to join the path.

How far away is the middle of the universe? I've only just reached the first anomaly/sphere, I want to learn about black holes and get shown atlas things but I don't want to give up fighting the space illuminati.
>>
>>151614868
But they are boring as fuck to shoot. Combat is certainly not this game's strength.
>>
>>151614794
>It doesn't work on my machine

>BET IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYBODY ELSE EITHER!

ok faggot
>>
>>151614868
They're also a very good source of titanium.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810050701.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810050701.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>151614806
You learn of them through the monoliths. Basically, the Sentinels are an advanced race that believes no one should disturb the planets or the lifeforms on them.
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 17-13-51-80.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 17-13-51-80.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
Post your ship-fu
>>
>>151614806
They're there to stop you from having fun.

Oh you found a great spot to mine shit? in a few minutes a bunch of sentinels will just happen to appear near you and make you stop mining otherwise you'll die

Shitty feature and I'm hoping someone will find a way to disable them
>>
>can't find a planet with cubes in the caves

This game is fucking obnoxious money wise without those cubes.
>>
>>151614885
Dock in a space station and wait for ships to land. Or go to the galactic terminals in the station. Or find a trading outpost on a planet.
>>
>>151612239
It's like they didn't even try
>>
>>151615015
That's a nice ship dude. Love the millenium falcon colorway esthetics.
This is mine. I only started yesterday.
>>151609008
>>
>>151605185
>But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

about 60$
>>
>>151614497
>>151614558
>>151614790

That's just sad. I mean what is even the point exploring then.
Wow, some animals and plants and a sky with a different color. Great.

Man, fuck this. Maybe it will get better with updates.
Probably not.
>>
File: 20160812230943_1.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160812230943_1.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>>151615015
HEIL
>>
>>151615153
You haven't seen any cool planets I guess.

Also stop shitposting.
>>
>still starting out
>just got hyperdrive
>enemy scan
>4 ships that can kill me in about 30 seconds
>every time I respawn and take off from a planet it happens again

what am I doing wrong

my bad for not spending 10 hours gathering shit to max out my shield and guns
>>
>>151605185
Can I be real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.
A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up
tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that
weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going
to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2
hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable
and the structure unclear? sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yea but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be
showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in
recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILIAN of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.
>>
>>151615194
did it say VALUABLES DETECTED
if so that means your ship cargo value was high enough to attract pirates
>>
>>151615194
You should be able to focus down one ship before your shields die, even with the starter ship. After that, go into your inventory and recharge the shields with iron or titanium and repeat until everything is dead.
>>
>>151614275

At least you didn't randomly fall through the world with an inventory full of stuff just to be trapped in that water with no means of escape or retrieving your inventory after you die.
>>
>>151615189

>wow, he doesn't like my shitty game
>shitposter!

Please kill yourself shill.
>>
>>151615153
Yea the buildings are pretty disheartening but there really are some cool animals and plants. Mileage will vary depending on how the PG engine works but I've found a planet that had pretty much dinosaurs on them (no tall/huge dinos like the trailer though)

>>151615194
take off from the planet and as soon as the game prompts you, use your hyperdrive to gtfo
>>
Anyone else having problems with the controls sticking? Sometimes the camera will randomly pan in one direction continuously or I'll continue to run after I've let off the stick. Basically the inputs just seem to "stick" longer than they should.
>>
File: 2016-08-13_10-14-30.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-13_10-14-30.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
found the space kikes
>>
>>151614964

It doesn't work, period.

Have you ever wondered why your shit is always ignored?

Go spam your shit on Reddit with the rest of the retards.
>>
>step on mushroom
>20 sentinels swoop by and scan it

These paranoid sentinel planets are pretty annoying.
>>
>>151615437
Nope. The only problem I've seen with controls is an instant teleport to space when you take off.
>>
HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY IN THIS SHIT FUCKING GAME
>>
File: 20160813232007_1.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813232007_1.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
>>151613418
and after
was a measly 480k
got enough now to buy me a good viper though
>>
>>151615457
>i cant help but notice that it smells amazing

ha, so they really took a shower there in auschwitz.
>>
>>151615457
He gave me a new multitool for giving him 10 credits. Best jew in the galaxy
>>
>>151615479
>It doesn't work, period.

Hot opinion retard
>>
>>151615565
Mine green elements or find green trinkets from cargo boxes/npcs and sell them. Rinse and repeat. Or use this: >>151610756
>>
>>151614275
The ship can only handle 0 to 101KPa. It may be airtight, but it'd be damaged under the pressure.
>>
>>151615565

If your planet is mostly barren, go out into space and check the closest asteroid field. They tend to have valuable metals. Look for the larger potato shaped ones.

If you luck out on a planet with lots of crates and resources, then fucking mine that shit.

It's really fucking easy to figure out if you have two functioning synapses to rub together.
>>
Can I return to a prior system? The galactic map only lets me go towards the center of the Galaxy.

I could get a great deal on Emeril if I go back one system.
>>
anyone else annoyed consumables don't stack making them all useless trash.
>>
>>151614806
Prime directive
>>
>>151615067
what's the difference between space stations and trading outposts? are space stations the ones in orbit? don't think I've managed to land on one
>>
>go to name my planet
>type in a name that starts with "T"
>somehow I derp out and my planet is named "This"
What the fug
>>
>>151615634

>"my 5 fps gain is proof positive my settings change works!"
>"so why in the fuck do people keep ignoring the same stupid bullshit I spam in every thread? they must have bad computers!"

If it actually worked, don't you think at least ONE person would've confirmed it and thanked you already?

It doesn't work, PERIOD. Retard++
>>
>>151615909
I wouldn't say it makes them useless. I just keep one or two 500 stacks of elements in my ship and if I need to manufacture something I can. I pretty much drop or use the consumables as soon as I pick them up unless they have value.

>>151615853
You can but you'll have to find it with the free exploration option in the galactic map. It's pretty stupid they didn't include an option to map out your prior path through the galaxy so you can make return trips at a later point. It only displays your path going forward.
>>
>>151615981

Yes, space stations are the orbital geometric things in orbit. They always have a market terminal.

Trading outposts are the shelters that just happen to have a market terminal.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
this is the most beautiful planet i've been so far
>>
>>151615981
Trading outposts are on planets. They're the buildings with multiple landing platforms and is raised from the ground. Usually feature a galactic terminal and an npc that you can interact with. Ships will land from time to time and you can trade with them. They don't show up at the same frequency as space stations though.

You can find space station in almost any system. They'll be the yellow waypoint when you're in space.
>>
>tfw waiting for a specific ship to come in
>>
>>151616274
There are actually places specifically called Trading Posts on planets. They look like they're floating over the ground and have seven landing platforms each, along with an airport-like area with chairs and a market terminal in the middle.
>>
File: 1459371294295.png (297KB, 886x384px) Image search: [Google]
1459371294295.png
297KB, 886x384px
Is there any way to unfuck the performance of the game?

And can I get another refund if I buy the game again?
>>
>>151615584
i spent most of last night on a planet almost exactly like that one, its a fucking goldmine. no rads or toxicity though, its the most peaceful place ive been yet. i made at least 2 million last night farming emeril and gravitino balls
>>
>>151616301
Pretty planet. Though
>-53 degrees Celsius
>abundant plants
Why even have a climate reader if it has no effect on the planet at all? I get it affects your exosuit but really planet climate only has an effect when it's an extreme temperament.
>>
guys whats at the center. I tried googling but fuck you only get articles from muh ign. I asked on discord no one answers fucking normies this board is my only bet, whats there?

and please dont go meme on me, just give me a legit answer
>>
>>151616387

Give it a month I'd say.

If HG doesn't unfuck a lot of the stuff by then, then they most likely never will.
>>
>Bitching ship turns up
>15k untis short
>Nothing i can sell to make it

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151616549
>>
>>151616549
>it affects your exosuit
lmao the exosuit just shows a random icon with a random color that drains slowly on top of the life support like toxicity,heat or cold.
>>
>>151616602

If you're not willing to find out for yourself, then why do you care at all?
>>
>>151606064

Eh, not really. It'll get fixed eventually anyway
>>
>mfw like hmm black hole fuck it sure
>mfw come out the other end after 114532 light years travelled
fucking christ, the next star away is only 93 light year. W-what have I done...
>>
>>151616387

A couple things seem to improve it

Like putting FPS to Max and capping it with V Sync helps the frame rate

Did for me anyway
>>
>>151616131
I swear to god I've been looking in the free map for 20 minutes, it should just be one or two systems away, right?
>>
>>151616729

>Black hole

How do you find them?

Or is it just random?
>>
So the games running fairly good for me, with occasional frame drops, but the gpu usage on my 970 is literally 98% using 2400mb of vram, God damn this optimisation.
>>
>>151616725
what the fuck are you on about. I really want to know what's there but I kind of got bored of the game. May I not wonder what the fucks there if it's the endpoint, the only real objective of the game?
>>
>>151616738
If you're on Nvidia hardware, you can set triple buffering and vsync manually through the Nvidia control panel. This makes the framerate much more consistent and smooth for me.
>>
dem vortex cubes everywhere
>>
File: phoenixnms.jpg (48KB, 1136x639px) Image search: [Google]
phoenixnms.jpg
48KB, 1136x639px
>>151616663
Well that's what I meant by "it affects your exosuit." It's only really a concern when there's an extreme planet, see pic.
>>
File: 20160813163341_1.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813163341_1.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
Am I supposed to believe this is native 1080p output with 4xSSAA more jaggies than a fucking sawmill

The fucking vsync doesn't work either
>>
God fucking DAMMIT I am quitting this game after 10 minutes because the discard inventory key is MOUSE3 and unchangeable and I have no functional MOUSE3

Why would they not let you remap this shit?

The Appdata settings files are spartan and do not include basic key bindings like this

Garbage PS4 port of a game
>>
File: 20160813233933_1.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813233933_1.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
>>151611682
>finally buy this
>dude wants 100k more though
>5 seconds later this come in
>2 more slots and looks better
>would have been only 200k more
fugg
>>
>>151616838
space anomalies, the person in there will help you find a black hole, give you shit or show where the nearest atlas is or you can just stumble upon a black hole just like the space anomalies.
>>
>>151616964
damn, 2016 and games still look jaggy as all hell. wtf. What went wrong?
>>
>>151616917
It's much less of a concern on temperate planets, but your life support does still drain. It's just very slow without extreme weather or conditions that need special protection.
>>
File: 1367847065597.jpg (15KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1367847065597.jpg
15KB, 252x252px
>only day 2
>already no interest in playing, would rather play more monster hunter right now

Damn
>>
>>151606010
>>No framerate drop
Good for you. Bordered mode runs way better at the same resolution for me than fullscreen but even so the moment I sit in the cockpit it's a toss up whether it will run smooth or drops to 4 fps.
>>
>>151617095
I swear to high heaven it's upscaled 900p like the PS4 is.

In fact I'm beginning to think none of the graphic settings actually do anything
>>
>>151617153
Nigga I quit 2h ago and logged into EVE and Planetside. Fuck this shitty rip off.
>>
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Sorry to see you go, Inronquebanobi but you caused me microstuttering.
>>
>>151617095
That's my primary concern with the game so far: it looks like the assets in the game are rendered at something like 720p, totally separate from the UI resolution you can choose.
>>
>>151616985

I literally have to run a "Middle Click Simulator" program now

wow
>>
File: 1412020070295.jpg (49KB, 700x515px) Image search: [Google]
1412020070295.jpg
49KB, 700x515px
what minor changes could they make to dramatically improve the game?
>>
>>151617242

Dont you have a mouse wheel?

just click that for Mouse 3
>>
>>151617212
I would still play EVE if it wasn't for all the political drama that happened when I played and split our corp
>>
Why do some outposts have point of interest icon (green question mark) while others don't?
>>
>>151617293
vr support

would be the ultimate comfy game
>>
>>151617362
Green "?" icons just mean you don't know what that thing is yet. Once you get there it'll change to an icon representing what it is.
>>
>>151617293

>Minor changes

Better maps, the galaxy map is confusing as fuck and awful to use

Also a system map thats more clear for the system you're currently in. So you can see what planets you've visited etc without having to point yourself at them in space
>>
>>151617210
So basically terrible port for pc then. Is there nothing about this game that isn't crashing and burning?
Oh wait, maybe the space crafts, since you seem to be unable to fling yourself into the sun or crash into a planet. So it got that going for it, heh.
>>
Is there a list for what the different upgrades actually do?

Also: I have this weird glitch on PS4 where it says i already have the "breathe underwater" mod but it doesn't show up in my available to builds mods.
>>
>>151617406
So there's more than 5 location per planet? Damn, I must have missed shitload of upgrades since I didn't bother to search them all
>>
>>151616862

Look up 'instant gratification' and learn why people deride faggots like you.

Also, if you find the game boring, then why does the ending even matter?

Cut your losses, and move on. Nobody is going to try and justify this mess of a game for you except hardcore fanboys, and they'll also be the last people willing to spoil the 'ending.'
>>
>>151616729
Did the same and kind of regret it. Now I'll never go back to the 8 or 9 systems I started the game on.

>>151616838
If you find a space anomaly in a system, talk to the priest npc inside. If you select the shortcut option, it will put a waypoint on your galactic map for a system with a black hole. You could perhaps find a black hole on your own, haven't seen it done yet.

>>151616747
It should, but the galactic map UI is flat out retarded.
>no vertical axis control when a planet is selected
>can only see the forward path of your travels, no path of where you came from
>no correlation between distance and types of hyperdrives (from what I can tell)

>>151616997
Pretty sure the ships you can buy upscale with how much inventory your current ship has. Really stupid, just adds more reasons to farm money and shit.

>>151617293
A really simple base building system where you can build your own outpost and other players can at least visit your outpost and maybe leave a note or items or something. Something like a geocache
>>
>>151617293
Everything isn't everywhere so if you want something you have to actually go looking for it for more than 5 minutes. Sick of interplanetary space being a fucking asteroid traffic jam, sick of walking into fucking PLUTONIUM of all things everywhere sick of nothing being actually rare
>>
>>151617293
being able to place waypoints. I just wanna travel back to a specific place if I want to. Like from a Space Station to a Trade Post on a planet. If this is possible please tell me. Now I just need to find new posts the whole time.
>>
>toxic suppressor tau is already known
>aeration membrane theta is already known
Well that was fun, lost out on both of these due to a bug that registers some blueprints as already acquired, even when the game runs and you ignore the lack of content they still manage to fuck you over.
>>
>>151617223
Good grief, i'm glad i didn't spend money on NMS then. Jesus christ what a mess.
>>
>>151617516
You didn't miss shit. The game generates the upgrades and items when you walk into the outpost. It doesn't pre load every possible item or npc when you enter the system/the planet. That'd be too much work for Murray and HG
>>
>>151617318

It's been broken for 6+ years
>>
>>151617223
Everyone seems to be ignoring it but I think the game pulling a DS1 and being upscaled on PC is the next big controversy
>>
File: 1438094031271 (2).jpg (23KB, 260x257px) Image search: [Google]
1438094031271 (2).jpg
23KB, 260x257px
Guys, I'm ma reasonable and calm person that never curses or gets upset on the internet.

Let me tell you this tho...

Whoever designed the galaxy map - FUCK YOU I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DIE IN REAL LIFE YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>151617758

Jesus, how fucking poor does a guy have to be to use a broken mouse for almost SEVEN years?

You don't even have any friends with a spare you could finagle?
>>
>>151610495
>sell potential and hype with fake promises
People are easily conned into spending their money.
>>
>>151614560
How barren? I keep finding planets supposedly barren and with no flora/fauna, but there are always plants anyway.
>>
>>151617789
Yeah. It's entirely possible that it was either upscale or have the game run even worse. I'm hoping they'll address this eventually in a patch. Still loving the game but my eyes tell me something's wrong when I first boot it up and look around.
>>
>>151617812

FFS man, just vendor that shit and go mine some more.

Being this autistic over virtual currency in a game as poorly made as this one just isn't fucking worth it.
>>
>>151617930
why you gotta shittalk the guy? maybe it's his favourite mouse? maybe he doesn't use the scroll?

why you gotta be mean you fucking faggot
>>
>>151617789
Yup, I'd ignore it if one of the selling points of the game wasn't just " its beautiful to look at ". At least DS1 has the gameplay to back up the wonky looking stuff. NMS doesn't.
>>
>>151618017
Not enough people are noticing this. So much for the "master race" and its standards.

I get the feeling that a lot of fantards claiming the game "runs fine for me" are either ok with 30fps or don't notice the hitching
>>
>>151617538
I've been following the game, and I'm not saying it is a mess. I really really like the game but there's other reasons that I am not playing the game. You are assuming too much of me without me saying anything. I'm very interested in the game and I therefor just want to know what's in the center, as there's already people that have reached it.

Sure I could wait untill I come across someone saying it but what harm would it do to ask here right now?
>>
>>151618028
>reading comprehension
>the typical nu male sky player
>>
>>151617930

I have tons of money, I just don't use the mouse3 button. The scroll works fine, just not pushing it

Every other app/game on the planet lets me change mouse 3 to something else
>>
>>151618029

Only morons dole out pity for a person's self-inflicted pain, Anon.

If it's really that big of an issue for his stupid ass, he should be able to easily remedy it.
>>
>>151618128
Agreed. It runs smooth for me until the game needs to generate some more assets to render. My CPU usage spikes while it does this and there are noticeable hiccups both in-game and with anything else running (discord, chat). Crossing my fingers for a good optimization patch.
>>
>>151617570
since no one is responding I guess it's not possible?
>>
>>151618326
"Rare" is all in the dice roll. I have loads of certain elements but haven't found one single copper deposit in 14 hours of playing. It's annoying but you can always buy the stuff you can't find on the market.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I only got a 2 star wanted level and easily destroyed 3 drones without losing 1/4 of my personal shield. Wish there was more of a challenge.

Also manufacturing stations are my favorite thing to do so far.. because as far as I can tell its what draws the most heat other than flat out killing animals (and why would I want to do that when the reward is so little)
>>
I really want to play this game. Exploring endless shit is right up my alley, no multiplayer is a turn off but then again 75% of all my Minecraft days was spend playing solo. The grind might get old but I'm coming from playing Destiny which is also an endless grind that I'm still going at after nearly two years

I just don't know if I want to drop $60 on it on PS4.
>>
>>151618132
>backpedaling this hard

You literally just said you found the game boring in your previous post.

It's looking more and more like you haven't played the game at all, and are just fishing for a (you).

Damn near every guy in this thread is someone who pirated the shit less than a day ago as well. You might want to give them some time to actually work their way to the center and it's 'reward.'
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160813085403.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160813085403.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>Gek where the ones who destroyed Korvax Prime
DEATH TO THE GEK! GAS THE GEK!
>>
Has anyone got shadowplay to overlay the fps counter on NMS yet or am i the only one having problems with it?
>>
FUCK

I thought I was done with this shitty game, but it has been bugging me all day. I'm gonna make a banana shake and log back in.
>>
>>151618557
Well if you have a PC at all you can pirate the gog release and test it out, only 2.5 gigs and no drm
>>
>>151618482
Collesting Vortex Cubes and Albumen Pearls get you an automatic three star wanted level. You get a robot dog after you that shoots lasers and two of the regular sentinels which is fun.
>>
>>151618574

GEK DIN DU NUFFINK

THEY WERE GOOD ALIENS
>>
>>151618138

Don't try to pretend you aren't the faggot trying to find his way back to the one planet that was buying your shit at a high price.

Even if you do make it back there, there's no guarantee that the prices will even be the same.

Kill yourself, spergboy.
>>
>>151618641
Collecting*

It's still not difficult, just a bit more fun than a couple regular floating sentinels.
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160813085606.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160813085606.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
>>151615015
She's not much, but she's mine.
>>
File: file.png (78KB, 739x81px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78KB, 739x81px
>>151618637
Yeah but you can't into online with the GOG copy apparently.
>>
>>151612024
wait, hol up, hol up.. so you are saying, if I pin a blueprint that includes say, emril, when I scan on foot it will show me where emril is?
>>
File: 20160814000657_1.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160814000657_1.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>151615015
me viper
>>
>>151618482
Find a planet where sentinels attack you on site, then lead them around for a while and amass a huge sentinel army to combat. Also, the dogs described here >>151618641 come at 3-star wanted level and do a lot more damage though nothing ground combat wise is a challenge once your multi tool has a few upgrades

>>151618574
For how little and stupid they look, the Gek seem to be the OGs of the universe. The Daft Punkians are all shitting the bed lately. Vy'keen are bro-tier.
>>
>>151618863
Online doesn't mean shit anyway
>>
File: NMS_2016_08_13_13_42_43_685.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS_2016_08_13_13_42_43_685.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
woah ... so this ... is the power ... of no man's ... sky
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160813090340.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160813090340.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>151618929
>The Daft Punkians are all shitting the bed lately
You said it!

How help friend Daft Punk?
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 01-03-38-10.jpg (821KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 01-03-38-10.jpg
821KB, 2560x1440px
>>151618929
OG
>>
I never know when its best to move onto the next system

I mean im not 100% the planets fuck that shit
>>
>>151618774
>>151616997
>>151612534
>>151611682
>>151611529
>>151608524

>same ships
>same npcs
>same buildings on planets
>same space stations
>1.8 gorillion planets

why even bother
>>
so if i want to use 10 atlas stones to make a star
i have to carry fucking increasing inventory in an already shitty inventory game?
theres no 3rd storage option?
>inb4 selling them is inventory
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 18-11-31-17.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 18-11-31-17.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
How do you want your spaceship senpai?
>>
>>151618702
Dude, the price you buy/sell your shit does not stay constant when you leave and go back to the system. The prices are generated just like the planets when you enter the system. The ground work is there (planets themselves) but the terrain and where waypoints are located are completely different. It's the same for prices.

The game literally pushes you forward and with no map or path of where you've been returning to previous systems is a pain in the fucking ass to find on the galactic map.
>>
Have any of you guys ran into shit named by other players yet? Or is chance for that too tiny?
>>
>>151618968
>>151618863

Only thing I want to be online for is to know if I was the first one to discover something. To me that's not worth $60.
>>
>>151619175

JUST
>>
>>151619175

wtf
>>
>>151619040
>bing roy Gek
>probably owns a chinese restaurant on Gallock N311
Dude has a fucking metal beak so I would not mess with him. He's got a sick ship too.

>>151619175
I always get a laugh when I see these ships. They are pants on head retarded.

>>151619168
Pretty much. Better buy those exosuit upgrades :o)
>>
File: 1458151956980.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458151956980.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>151619256
>he didn't pirate the game
>>
>>151610687
could be shelters that break down over time and have to be infused with more elements.
>>
>>151619175
Pizza hut delivery cars really go crazy in the future huh
>>
how the fuck do i find multi-tool upgrades
i want to have more than just 1 tool perk
>>
I wish games would stop with this planets being 100 km from another planet shit.

but it looks cool

It also ruins my immersion.
>>
Why is everything so fucking blurry?
>>
Has anyone unintentionally been to a system that was already discovered by someone here? I was looking at the list of systems and planets I visited and to my surprise one of them was discovered by a guy named Bilbo_Braggins or something like it.

By the way, I fucked up the Atlas quest by selling my first two Atlas Stones and answering "give me freedom" in the final Atlas spaceship. Can I still reach the center of the galaxy in a feasible way?
>>
>>151605185
>what do these people OWE YOU?
When you give them 60€ for a game, you expect some quality.
>>
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>151619468
>>
File: 1449168058894.jpg (129KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1449168058894.jpg
129KB, 660x495px
>>151619415
You're missing the point

The whole game is built, at its fucking core, to be a game based on exploring.

Exploring requires you to constantly travel to new places. This concept runs contrary to the idea of constructing a static base.

What they SHOULD do is let you make a mothership you can walk around and customize because that could fucking come with you on your travels, but Sean can't into fucking common sense and will just listen to the whining minecraft retards and let people build bases they won't use
>>
>>151619067

The only thing that's arguably worth it is scanning all the fauna.

That 225k boost can help with quite a few things.
>>
>>151619256
>>151619526
Ran into a 3-planet system where the system and two planets were discovered by Leroy Martinez. He didn't discover the third planet. Naturally, I named it "Leroy sux" and went on my way.

>>151619448
You can't upgrade your multi-tool yourself. You can either buy new ones that are randomly generated at an interior (space station, outposts, etc.) or a NPC will offer you one after a successful interaction
>>
File: 20160814001653_1.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160814001653_1.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
looks pretty noice
only 18 slots though
barely worth 730k
>>
>>151619645
>What they SHOULD do is let you make a mothership you can walk around and customize because that could fucking come with you on your travels
Agree, that would be a better idea.
>>
>>151619645
this so much
>>
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Is this shit worth anything?
>>
>>151619803
bout 5 cents
>>
>>151619803
It tells you this stuff when you look at it in the inventory you know
>>
How do I disable these fucking obnoxious journey milestone popups everytime I do some random bullshit
>>
>>151617293
>ability to craft and drop user waypoints
>improve local planet/system map
an Interesting idea I saw someone had to tackle a planetary map would be that it was only visible at the savepoint transmission towers at bases.
>general bug fixes and UI improvement

thas about it f@m. I was doing a little testing last night trying to figure out if the colors of planets in your ship radar correspond to anything meanigful like toxicity or temp. ect. and so far I found out bright green in your radar means cold as balls, arctic with extreme weather that almost killed me.. anyone have similar experiences?
>>
How do you upgrade life support/inventory space?
>>
>>151619803
It's worth a decent amount if you farm a 250+ stack. Farm a little, then check your inventory and it should tell you how much per unit it is. I believe the price is system dependent (meaning it changes with each system you go to). NPCs you sell to will have better prices (buy or sell) if you have a higher relationship with their faction.

>>151619645
That's an awesome idea. I think a way they can institute planetary base building is if they have it be a player to player interaction in the form of a geo cache. You store items and can write notes and the game saves it to that planets PG code so when another player shows up, he can lleave/grab items and read/write notes for other players. There's no direct interaction between players but it gives the sense of multiplayer
>>
Do grenades give the same amount of resources as the mining lazer when mining things like big gold and Emeril deposits?
>>
>>151620042
I like that family. I just want to be able to design a flag and plant it in front of my lonely outpost that says "Space Jew was here, don't touch my shit"
>>
Was free look while piloting a ship really that hard to add. This is 100% console port.
>>
>>151619878
You can't.

>>151620020
>Life Support
You find blueprints for life support upgrades which you can install into your suit. They take up a slot though.
>Inventory Space
You find exosuit upgrade pods on planets or on space stations. 1 upgrade = 1 new slot. First upgrade costs 10,000 units and each subsequent upgrade is an additional 10,000 units.
>>
>purple waypoint doesn't disappear after you get the words from a place
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>151620020
Inventory space upgrades can be found in drop pods/suppository lookin motherfuckers you can find scattered around planets. Also in space stations once you have atlas pass v1.

Life support upgrades are technologies you have to build in your inventory. They take up one slot just like ship and tool upgrades. These technologies will be found in burning cargo pods, dropped from sentinels, given to you by aliens, etc.
>>
>>151620243

Literally how is the lack of free look a problem related to console ports? There are plenty of games with free look on consoles.
>>
So I thought doing the atlas stone quest would end the game after giving the ten stones.

Do I have to head to the center of the galaxy now?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>151620243
hey but at least you can spin chairs around right?
>>
>>151619182

So go find a fucking new system with better prices.

You do realize you're being incredibly autistic about something that isn't real, right?
>>
>>151620323
Did you get the main part of it with the choose your own adventure text and not just the knowledge stones around it?
>>
File: 1464716173682.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1464716173682.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>Procedural generation as the overaching issue, very few of the things it creates are actually interesting. There can be no attention to detail, no love, no handcrafted care in anything since it's just premade assets slapped together randomly. The game makes a creature? Pick some head model, a body, limbs, decide if it has horns/wings and other accessories, scale it to a random size and give it a random paintjob and we're done. Same applies to planets.
>The game has way too much manual inventory management for something that is meant to make you go out there, explore and immerse yourself. You constantly have to spend time moving things around your inventories and refueling absolutely everything. It's a hassle.
> Planets come with hazards such as cold weather, heat, radiation... but does it matter? They all do the same: Make your recharge your Hazard Protection module every so often. Beyond that they don't really do anything.
>Biomes, what biomes? Every planet is one big biome and has all of its POIs and resources + creatures randomly scattered around. It blows my mind but there actually isn't a reason to go out and hike about to explore, there's out there to find that you couldn't just find in the other direction or where you landed. Plus if you want to check out POIs, just hop in your ship and scan, it's much faster.
>>
>>151620243
Ace combat had better free lock and thats a predominant console game. Its a design flaw, not a console one anon.
>>
File: 1464716173683.jpg (125KB, 1375x749px) Image search: [Google]
1464716173683.jpg
125KB, 1375x749px
>The space combat? Awful, I've had much better in Freelancer and that game is old. There's nothing unique about them either, it's just a skin with an inventory. And let's talk about the actual ship controls, because they're straight up awful. For some reason Hello Games decided it would be nice to almost make you enter a kind of "autopilot" mode when in the atmosphere of a planet and flying low. To avoid you bouncing into anything, the game will force your ship back into a horizontal position, keeping you from "flying straight down" or even just getting a good look at what's right under you.
>NPCs aren't interesting. I'm sorry, they just are not. They might as well be robotic orbs like the galactic trade network terminals. They have few dialogue lines and there's never any surprise in what they do, you already know in advance. Same goes for the idiotic sentinels that seemingly patrol every single planet in the universe. What purpose do they even serve? Why do they hate you mining some iron ore so much? Fighting them isn't fun nor does it add anything to the game.
>The gameplay loop itself is a negative as well. Jump to a system, land somewhere, try to scan all creatures, gather materials (you'll be doing a LOT of gathering), scan for POIs, sell some things at the terminal and craft more warp cells so you can keep on jumping and do the very same thing over, over and a thousand times over.
>Creatures: I've already talked about how uninteresting their designs are due to the procedural generation, but their behavior is boring as well: They're either docile and run away or they just run straight at you to hurt you. There are no complex mechanics at work.
>Buildings all look the same. Seriously, play this game for a few hours and you've already seen every generic planetary outpost, space station, ruin that teaches words, crash site with a satellite and tiny hut with some multitool tech in it. It's astounding just how little variety there is in buildings across the galaxy.
>>
>>151620456
Who's the autistic one? I'm saying exactly the same thing as you are. There's no point in going to previous systems since the prices are generated when you enter the system, regardless of whether you've been there before or not.
>>
>>151620420
and there's so many types of chairs btw
>>
Thank god this game came out on GOG so there was DRM free copies available
>>
>>151620459
Yes, buy I might have failed it. There's other things like drop pods that aren't disappearing as well.
>>
>>151610687
You're right, they might be better off letting players make custom ships.

Like space engineers.
>>
>>151620249
>First upgrade costs 10,000 units
I'm pretty sure the first one is free, the second one costs 10,000

Though it's been a while since I got the first upgrade so I might be remembering incorrectly.
>>
>>151620917
second costs 10k yes, and then it's 20k, 30k, 40k etc
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 18-28-27-36.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 18-28-27-36.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
This a cute
>>
>>151620690

Then why the fuck do you care so deeply about the map setup?

Just admit you've got a hold full of shit you're unwilling to sell, because you're autistically obsessed with getting the best digital price for your digital goods.
>>
>>151606206
Because it's not on any planets with a large population. We're clearly out in the wild with only a few outposts per planet. I'm sure transferring a mountain of gold isn't cheap either.
>>
>play all day yesterday listening to game sounds
>realize theres nothing worth hearing
>turn volume down to lower the fucking buzzing

>today i decide to just play real music instead
this is way comfier, i dont know why i gave it so long before doing it
>>
So how is this shit? I already got my ass hurting because of spore and space engineers. Should I stop playing stardew valley and pirate this or not?
>>
File: NoManssky.png (204KB, 651x811px) Image search: [Google]
NoManssky.png
204KB, 651x811px
>Not even it being an indie game makes the shills happy
>>
>>151621092
Because not being able to revisit systems you've discovered or at least track your progress is a fucking stupid design choice. I could give two shits about the price of goods since it's random in every system you enter. You're better off selling your inventory as soon as it's full then going to the planets in the system to mine a full inventory all over again. I just want to revisit the cool planets I've found on my journey but the game discourages going back to things you've discovered.
>>
>>151621092
it'd be nice to set a waypoint to a place where you know you can sell it. Now I gotta look for a new outpost/trade post the whole time
>>
>>151610745
>>Harvest mats
>>Sell mats
>>Buy bigger ship
>>Repeat until biggest shi

Pretty much Elite dangerous.
>>
>>151621316
>Metascore: 69
>>
>>151621310
>should I pirate

you got nothing to lose

but yes, do anything other than pay for it
trust me
>>
>>151621310
It's really shitty
It's like devs had no fucking idea what to do beyond "procedurally generate18 quintillion planets". It's completely baffling they would sell this for 60 dollars.
>>
where do i get copper and iridium?

cant seem to find either
>>
>>151621670
Randomly generated on planets and asteroids. They're usually the huge mountains of shiny shit on planets. In space they're the bigger asteroids that look like potatoes. Gotta mine them.

Anyone find any exotic elements? I've found two.
>>
>>151621638
>>151621572
Ok. I have limited time so it is stardew then.
>video of with this audio of gameplay footage and review scores when
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyQQc6kB9Zc
>>
>>151621670
>copper
Floating rocks on planets

>iridium
Smooth large asteroids in space
>>
>>151621310
If you're looking for randomly generated space exploration game with progression and goals Starbound is a better option as there's more interesting things to do in it and is only 25% the price. Its essentially a weak crafting system with nothing to do except constantly grind for resources so you can go to the next system and grind some more in order to keep moving. I had fun for 6 hours and then it started getting repetitive. Pirate the game and see if you like it, but you'd be retarded to spend 60 dollars on this shit.
>>
>>151614029
did you buy the game or not?
>>
Quick question, I'm about 8 hours in, just wondering if you get any story or purpose to drive you on? (no spoilers) I'm really enjoying it, I just know I'll need something to drive me on sooner or later.
>>
>>151618561
Yeah I do find it boring, and I didn't say that I don't. Not much I can do is there. I like the game but I find it boring. I'm rather fishing for an answer than for you, that's also what triggered you.

its all good though as this stream will hit the center in a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwYBVPEXH4
>>
>>151622487
find the center, thats it
>>
>>151621404
This. I understand the game was loosely marketed as an exploration simulator, but in a universe of extreme sameness that shit ain't gonna fly. There needs to be objectives or incentives, just needs shit to build or do, maybe even players to interact with or compete with. Right now it feels like you basically just "exist," while playing, even when moving "forward" (you can't even tell you're moving forward because you can't track your traveled path), you just don't feel like you're doing anything.

Unfortunately now that the game has shipped, nothing short of a full blown xpac is going to add anything cool, so now you're stuck with potentially paying double the original price to get something substantial.

The game is fun to listen to music and mindlessly mine and explore space in, but what's the point?
>>
>play it
>it's shit, complete garbage
>stop playing
>try again later
>nope, still shit
>stop playing
>etc

It's like my brain can't accept my dreams have been crushed.
I don't know what I'm expecting when I boot it up again. It's not like it was updated.
>>
>>151605185
Man I thought this was copy pasted from reddit but it was born on /v/.
>>
>>27632121
>sprint-melee-jetpack
It's fast, so very fast. But can I go faster? Are there exosuit or jetpack mods I can discover?
>>
>>151622487
>go to center
>go to atlas for more story
>autistically grind for upgrades

Pretty much it.
>>
>>151622795
what did you expect?
>>
Who here just playing at this point to get a platinum trophy out of this garbage game?
>>
File: 1441667815071.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1441667815071.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>151622601
Most likely based on launch reviews there's not going to be an expansion and the devs probably just took the money and ran. It was a masterstroke for them to sell it for 60 bucks as most places wont allow you to return opened console games. This game should have been available on the online stores for consoles and steam for 25% to 33% of its current price. Do not expect any updates aside from stabilization and optimization and even then they'll only do this for maybe 1 or 2 months tops before completely abandoning this game.
>>
>>151622795
Welcome to Spore 2.0
No, this won't be the last one.
>>
File: 20160813125834_1.jpg (233KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160813125834_1.jpg
233KB, 1600x900px
What the fuck is this and why can't I interact with it?
Goddamn Korvax faggots should have included an instruction manual.
>>
>>151622827
Just longer jet pack time. Lets you go faster for longer but no speed upgrade.
>>
>>151623025
At least spore allowed you to customize your race and shit
>>
>>151622956

Interesting exploration.
Unique shit to find. I don't know, ancient ruins, anything.
Anything but mining grind.
>>
>>151623041
you cant with that one
>>
Can we at least take comfort in knowing Hello Games' reputation is utterly destroyed? Will they even publish another full price title after this?
>>
is there a console command or some shit to jump to my ship

this game has too much walking already
>>
>>151607814
I want it to penetrate me.
>>
>>151623178
They probably will dissolve with the devs going to work on other things
>>
Minefags, how do you get the most out of your multitool? Do you use terrain destruction of resource extraction upgrades? Do you use grenades?
>>
>>151623178
What I want to know is what did sony see in this?

There has to be an underlying reason because this game is a early access/uncompleted tier game at best. What did sony see in funding this game?
>>
>>151623153
Man, thats about the only thing it did too.
I came to /v/ pretty much right after spore, so I never really got the whole effect of it, but being a normal kid at the time, and remember all the trailers, and robin williams playing it, I was still wise to the fact that we got fucked over.
I WANTED TO MAKE SEA LIFE
WHY COULDNT I MAKE SEA LIFE
>>
>>151608604
Dude you just look around at observatories or whatever until you find one that gives you the coords for a distress beacon. Only spent 5 hours in here and I've gone to 3 crashed ships.
They're all shit, and the 'inventory' is typical garbage you can't loot unless you trade out for the crashed hunk o junk
>>
i found a multitool thing to interact with that instantly crashes the game, pretty fucking neat, im dying to know if its whatever it wants to teach me thats fucked or if its something else
>>
>>151623389
>because this game is a early access/uncompleted

This so much,
Game feels like a fucking early alpha.
>>
>>151623382
Load up with mining laser upgrades. Mining upgrades specifically, no combat.
>>
>>151623492
Do you have an Intel CPU?
>>
>>151623389
>>151623547
Are you guys actually fucking playing?
>>
>>151623552
yeah, but until this which has consistently crashed the game, ive only experienced 1 unknown crash
i tried it 3 times to be sure, now im gonna talk to the dude then try it
>>
>>151618863
of course you can't go online with a pirated copy, ya doofus
>>
>>151622587
OK I'll have to come up with my own story like some aspie
>>
I CAN'T FIND A FUCKING NEW MULTITOOL
I'VE HAD THE BEGINNER ONE FOR 10 HOURS
PLS HELP
>>
>>151623041
It's a portal.

Only Season Pass holders can access it.
>>
>>151623662
Intel cards aren't supported so that's probably why you're crashing
My 8350 never experienced a single crash.
>>
About 30 minutes in.
What else is there to do aside from mining and scanning?
>>
File: 30 meters tall bitch.jpg (231KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
30 meters tall bitch.jpg
231KB, 1600x900px
>>151609232
Bitch please.
Quirk of land generation made this about 4x as tall as the little nubs it normally spawned as.
>>
>>151623829
Exploring, upgrading, visiting new planets, new space stations, warping to new systems, learning language, uncovering ruins, fighting sentinels, buying new ships (with upgrades), getting in dogfights, space mining, pirating
>>
>>151623770
Find a base that has a landing pad, everyone I've run across had a multitool for sale.
>>
>>151623770
Just buy it.
>>
>>151623770
Really dude? Theyre on the walls in the bases that have NPC aliens.
>>
>>151623829
>What else is there to do aside from mining and scanning?
plenty of other things, but mining and scanning is 90% of what you will be doing
>>
File: 20160813182729_1.jpg (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813182729_1.jpg
421KB, 1920x1080px
>Fiddling with the critters in a toxic planet
>Suddenly toxic Storm, no shelter nearby, run for the ship.
>Protection down, got near the ship and "Achievement, 1 solar cycle in extreme weather", can't enter the ship meanwhile

Almost die there, fuck that planet, it had interesting fauna, but can deal with that shit.
>>
File: 20160812222650_1.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160812222650_1.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>151623870
I'll give you 5 units for the whole stack not a dime more goiym!
>>
>>151623628
Yes.

Already deposited 10 atlas stones and am heading to the center now. I can only play for half an hour before I just warp drive everywhere out of bordem.

The planets look nice sometimes but eventually comes down to
>go to planet
>refuel on necessary resources
>mine exotic resources for cash
>trade
>warp jump
>warp jump
>black hole
>repair warp drive
>re-acquire resources
>repeat
>>
>>151623935
>>151623936
>>151623971
None of the Gek I come across have a multitool. They have an "experiment" and then a multi-tool upgrade on the walls.
>>
>>151623023
I think Sony has too much riding on this since this is their only exclusive in the console realm for some time. HG just added a large in-house QA team not sure why the fuck they would wait til AFTER the game is released to do so so perhaps there's updates down the line that will expand the gameplay or give the players something cooler to do.

>>151623776
no fucking way. If that's true, fuck HG even further.
>>
>>151624081
yeah, if you're already doing 10 atlas stones/center shit one day in, this game isn't for you. I've only been on 3 planets and spent like 8 hours on my first planet.
>>
>>151623163
im sure there is some stuff hidden in there. It might be hidden a bit too much though. I just hope they gear it a bit more so the game is open for more user created content. If they get that right the game can get a whole new dimension.
>>
>>151624158
Buy the season pass, goy. You already spent $60, what's another $29.99? It's pocket change, really!
>>
>>151624158
Stop responding to literal /v/ trolls or people who have played for 5 minutes.
>>151624297
Fuck off.
>>
File: Korean star system.jpg (164KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Korean star system.jpg
164KB, 1600x900px
>Tfw start on Chinese star system and second one is korean as fuck
>>
>>151624061
Fuck those jellyfish things. They are all aggressive and can really fuck you up. Also, really stupid you can't properly view them in your journal, they clip at the top of the window another easy as fuck fix if HG actually beta tested

>>151624085
Multi-tools are randomly generated assets. You gotta keep going into new outposts/interiors and hope one spawns, or hope a NPC interaction will give you one
>>
>>151622553
this guy is intolerable
>>
>>151624391
Name the planets "Best Korea, Less Best Korea, Worst Korea."

And the moon "Fake Korea"
>>
File: windowed.jpg (597KB, 1846x1078px) Image search: [Google]
windowed.jpg
597KB, 1846x1078px
Anyone else have a whitescreen issue when playing borderless?
I basically have to play like this now.
>>
>>151624391
I haven't even left my starting system. Still trying to find the antimatter recipe thing.
>>151624471
I have gone into like 30 and not seen a multitool. Maybe it's the Gek race.
>>
>>151624523
>not naming all your dead moons Taiwan #1
>>
>>151624076
Holy shit I laughed
>>
>>151618883
Nice pic
>>
>>151624608
Oooh, that works too!
>>
>>151624354
I've played this game for 10 hours and I'm mad that this garbage was 60 dollars. If you're enjoying it good for you but many of us feel cheated and lied to.
>>
>>151624085
>doing business with gek
There's your problem. You gotta find planets and systems dominated by the ky-reen or whatever theyre called.
>>
>>151624551
I went to the space jew who gave me the warpdrive recipe again and he gave me antimatter
>>
>>151624719
>I've played this game for 10 hours and I'm mad that this garbage was 60 dollars. If you're enjoying it good for you but many of us feel cheated and lied to.

I'm tired of hearing about it. The game is exactly what the fucking promised, aside from not being able to see other players in your location.

I don't know what the fuck you expected.
>>
>top gek
>>
>>151624660
wish i could've taken it without the mountain in the picture
>>
>>151624807
>I'm tired of hearing about it.
Leave the general then.
>>
>>151623175
...anyone know what it does, or is it just a big cock-tease?
>>
>>151624884
>If you like the game, leave the general

If you aren't happy and are calling this game garbage, why dont YOU fuck off instead of sitting around like a whiny bitch in the general.
>>
>>151624551
Try leaving your starting system. It's not the Gek, I've gotten decent multi-tools from them. The game probably wants you to be in a new system before generating new multi-tools for you.

>>151624719
I'm pretty disappointed too. $20 or even $30 is fine but the way this was marketed as a $60 AAA title with more than 2 hours of core gameplay feels like a straight up rip off. Still gonna play every now and then and hope for future updates.
>>
Launching first time
>no man's sky has stopped working
>goddammit
>run as admin
>it works
ok bullet dodged, let's do this shit

>>151609280
To be fair, most intel IGPs are pretty garbage and won't be able to run a poorly-optimized 2016 game anyway, so i'm not sure how many people are actually affected by that.
>>
>>151624807
I expect it to look like it did in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0
>>
File: No-Multiplayer's-Sky_2.jpg (269KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
No-Multiplayer's-Sky_2.jpg
269KB, 1680x1050px
>>151604929
>>
im fucking mad at how the """""open world""""" works. i expected several hundreds or thousands of planets to be accesible without a loading screen. instead we got maybe 4 or 6 planets per system
>>
>>151624962
>How dare there be critic about a game I like in the general about it
You don't own this general.
>>
>>151625137
Feel free to explain the logic of hating the game and staying in the general for the game, then. Don't you have better things to do?
>>
>>151625078
The fuck are you talking about? It looks exactly like this.
>>
File: gpu_openGL_requirments.jpg (459KB, 1920x1034px) Image search: [Google]
gpu_openGL_requirments.jpg
459KB, 1920x1034px
>>151625126
go to another system you retarded fuck

>>151625207
to counter-shill you drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAvRf0Z8KU
>>
>>151624942
Probably was supposed to have a monolith or some sort of interaction with it but the game didn't generate the interaction. It's happened a couple times for me with terminals.

>>151624787
Is what you find inside interiors dependent on the faction occupying them? I haven't noticed a correlation but given the vy'keen lore, they would be more apt to have multi-tools.

Also just realizing vy'keen is viking when said aloud.
>>
>>151624807
And it doesnt let you explore really anything besides the same in different colors.

>No ancient ruins
>No planet with more than 2 biomes (water and land)
>No handbook of planets with other player explorations to accessible or photo album.
>>
File: nms gameplay.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nms gameplay.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>
>>151625207
I'm here to discuss the game, you're here to get mad at people who disagree with you. Who here is wasting their time more?
>>
WHY THE FUCK CANT I FUCKING LOOK DOWN WHILE ON SHIP
FUCK OFF GAME LET """"""""""""""""""""ME"""""""""""""""""'CONTROL THE SHIP
>>
File: 1466812675130.png (84KB, 303x354px) Image search: [Google]
1466812675130.png
84KB, 303x354px
So can someone tell me if I fucked up?

I haven't found out how to craft Atlas passes yet. I'm in my 3rd system exploring, and someone told me it's from a questline in your starting system. I tried going into space and I can't figure out how to get back to my original system. Am I missing something?
>>
So it's confirmed that once you fail a manufacturing station or the like, you're done with it forever? I've picked the wrong choice on a few and didn't get anything, but they stay on my map, taunting me like I cab go back and retry.
>>
>>151625386
>to counter-shill you drones

Dumbfuck, there's no shilling or drones here. We're just playing the game we bought as consumers.

Jesus Christ you people from /v/ are delusional. Refund your purchase and fuck off.
>>
File: 20160813010503_1.jpg (174KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160813010503_1.jpg
174KB, 1600x900px
>>151624076
Oy Gevault, who are you calling a goyim?! Bo plotz you shmugegee, I'd sooner sell to the Korvax than give you one single ounce of my gold, at such insulting prices!
Ptuah!
>>
>>151625468
Holy shit mini golf confirmed
>>
>>151625468
Since when this game has physics?!??!!?
>>
>>151625418
not to mention there's no nebulae, no planetary rings, no gas giants, EVERY GOD DAMN PLANET HAS LIFE, all the planets in a system is bunched up in a fucking group so you can see them from the planet you're on.
>>
>>151625078
>dat Goat
He was trying to warn us. Not to trust Sean. But we didn't listen...
>>
>talk to shithead
>ask for new word
>pay 20 carbon
>talk to shithead
>ask for fuel
>get 90 carbon
>talk to shithead
>pay 20 carbon
>get new word
>etc...

Was this intended?
>>
File: nms steam review.png (4KB, 230x22px) Image search: [Google]
nms steam review.png
4KB, 230x22px
>>151606319

that's not true though

>>151606497

pretty sure you can't post a review on steam without entering text
>>
>>151625501
Just follow the Atlas path and you'll eventually find an NPC with a blueprint. I think I found mine in the first space anomaly I encountered from that Gek faggot Polo.

>>151625468
>no mans golf
>>
>>151625468
Nice shot!
>>
>>151625720
I think there's a limit to how many words a single ayy lmao can teach.

At least, I HOPE there's a limit...
>>
File: 1466261806827.gif (2MB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466261806827.gif
2MB, 360x200px
>>151625529
>Muh /v/ boogeyman
>Anyone that dislikes a game is from /v/
Everyone here that's making complaints about the game is saying more than it's shit or something. Its all critique. I hear Reddit has a heavily moderated section to discuss this game where you can talk about this game with moderators that will delete posts that talk negatively about the game.
>>
>>151622553
haha this guy is one system away from the galactic center because he skipped most of the exploration and now it turns out he has skipped a hyperdrive upgrade somewhere along the path and he's stuck one jump from the center :p
>>
>>151625896
Epic response.
>>
>>151625362
Not on PS4 it doesn't.
>>
>great replacement ship
>only 2 changes need to be made
>get so excited i buy it
>forgot to transfer shit
>reload

i see how people found the skin changing thing now, i wonder if it works for tools
>>
File: barbu.png (328KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
barbu.png
328KB, 396x396px
tfw you buy a ship for 800k credits and then find a crashed one five minutes later, that's better.
>>
>>151625896
>Everyone here that's making complaints about the game is saying more than it's shit or something

Every SINGLE FUCKING POST IS JUST REPEATING THE WORD "GARBAGE"

>>151624719
>I've played this game for 10 hours and I'm mad that this garbage was 60 dollars. If you're enjoying it good for you but many of us feel cheated and lied to.

WOW, WHAT A GOOD CRITIQUE.
>>
>>151626015
I bet it does
>>
>>151605024
Not really
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160811032552.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160811032552.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
>>151625849
there isn't, Ive gotten over 100 words from the same goober.
>>
>>151625896
Actually the NMS subreddit is a circlejerk of people shitting on the game
>>
>>151625639
Oy Vey!
That's a big circumsized golden dick you got there
>>
>>151625396
>Is what you find inside interiors dependent on the faction occupying them? I haven't noticed a correlation but given the vy'keen lore, they would be more apt to have multi-tools.

To be honest I dont know. But every time I meet one he yells at me with words like 'warrior', 'weapon' and 'death' so figured they'd be more likely to have a weapon hanging on the wall.
>>
>>151625939

>haha epic xD

Kill yourself.
>>
>>151626105
Buying a ship will let you get one with a lot more slots, crashes are within +/- 2 slots of your current.
>>
>>151626105
until you learn that the game artificially forces you to incrementally get better ships
>>
>>151626109
And yet that post is far more on topic than your autistic rageposts
>>
>>151625518
That's why you gotta save before you go in. I do that in case I cant understand what the npc wants me to do and I ake the wrong choice.

On the other hand
>failing those easy ass number puzzles

lmao @ ur sense of deduction and reasoning
>>
i wish i could tab out without the game pausing so i can shitpost while waiting for ships

i cant think of what it was but i remember a game which could be tabbed out to pause or to not pause using different methods
was pretty helpful and i want that
>>
File: CpvmQ1RXEAAUkkM.jpg (166KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CpvmQ1RXEAAUkkM.jpg
166KB, 1200x675px
so i got all this + some more in my exo from a single deposit, pictured as well. what the shit.

also r8 my ship doods.
>>
>>151626489
Hotdog bun ship /10
>>
Genuine question for you autists

Do the devs actually listen to shit their community says?

From what I can tell, everyone is freaking the fuck out at these devs and crying when they realize this game isn't for them and for a relatively niche exploration audience

Any response I've seen from the dev seems to be the equivalent of a kid with aspergers trying to defend himself.

Are they actually planning on fixing this shit or does it look like they're bailing?
>>
>>151626489
spacevan/10
>>
>>151626489
how the fuck do you do space combat with fucking cannons and not beams?
shit is LITERALLY impossible for me
>>
>>151625660
since they put havok on the starting screen ya doofus
>>
So I've had no technical issues with the game (i7 6700k, GTX 1080, installed on an SSD), but it really sucks having to set all of my graphics settings in an XML to bypass the retarded 30 FPS default cap.

The game is pretty much exactly what they advertised and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but I do enjoy space games and exploration.

The game itself isn't all that great. The core gameplay loop is pretty monotonous, but it is nice seeing all of the different terrain and stuff. The looting is better than I expected. Upgrading shit is pretty satisfying.

The port is shitty though and the whole game is worth more like $20-30 rather than $60.
>>
File: nomanslies.png (2MB, 800x4800px) Image search: [Google]
nomanslies.png
2MB, 800x4800px
>>151625529
yeah, you bought a fucking half finished indie game that was hyped to fuck but ended up being mostly lies, for 60 fucking bux when it's barely worth half that. you're a fucking drone.
And you continue to suck Sean Murray's cock as he avoids giving clear answers and explain why the fuck features were cut just before launch after being promoted for like 2 years.
>>
File: No Man's Sky End Game Content.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky End Game Content.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Is this really all there is to do at the end game?

I mean, you can't even sit in the chairs!
>>
The lack of multiplayer feels like a massive excuse for shitty netcode. If they wanted to emphasize loneliness why are there NPCs all over the place
>>
>>151626615
auto aim strong desu

>>151626553
>>151626605
i can't tell if you're just using synonyms for 10 or if you have bad taste
>>
>>151626579
>niche exploration audience
it definitely isn't for a niche exploration audience, but to your greater point, if they listened to everyone the game would have 0 vision and be an ios app
>>
>>151626489
Use the exploit with that shit and you'll make millions of units.

Your ship looks like a fish
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 10-36-26-51.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 10-36-26-51.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>151626489
not a silly snekship/10
>>
>>151626849
CUTE
>>
>>151626754
either pc doesnt have autoaim or i dont know how to do it
please advise
>>
>>151626615
I'm on ps4 and I dont understand if I'm supposed to aim at the ship or that triangle targeting shape that leads the ship.
>>
>>151626679
get those red arrows out of here
>>
File: No Man's Sky_20160810200305.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Man's Sky_20160810200305.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
>>151626818
wait, what exploit?
>>
>>151626109
>Every SINGLE FUCKING POST IS JUST REPEATING THE WORD "GARBAGE"
>WOW, WHAT A GOOD CRITIQUE.
see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAvRf0Z8KU
>>
>>151626849

damn dude that's a silly snekship. in my star systems they all spawn with wings making them look like some kind of duck. which is also cute but sneks are better.
>>
>>151626679
>/v/drones are legit this bored with their lives to make infographics on nms conspiracies
>>
>>151626982
nevermind, move along, its been patched
>>
any patch yet? didnt they promise a day-one patch?
>>
Are exosuit upgrade supposed to be rare ?

I explored a planet for 20 minutes and I have almost as much storage block as my ship.

They kept coming up left and right.
>>
>>151626901

idk whenever i need to shoot the ship leads its aim terrifically.
>>
>>151623548
Would the upgraded grenade not be better than the mining lazer? It seems like it gives the same amount of resources when looking gains from individual chunks, and I'd imagine the upgrades would make it clear a deposit faster than the upgraded lazer.
>>
did they fix the fps drops yet?
>>
File: 20160813132048_1.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160813132048_1.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>new planet
>barely any fauna and flora
>lots of rocks
>lots of shit like this

fucking finally
>>
>>151626982
see >>151610756

>>151627131
unless they released a patch this morning, you can still do it
>>
>>151627235
Fix them yourself.

V-Sync + 90 FPS cap fixes it.
>>
File: aa.png (39KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
39KB, 475x356px
has anyone found a way to get decent antialiasing in this game?
>>
>>151627256
desu mining those big chunks is a waste of time
just find a long cave system and instant hit the gold/other-green-quality crystals with 70x drops
>>
>>151627183

it's pretty common to have it that way.

>>151623382
grenades are a must to solve out-of-bound glitches and making holes. fuck boltcaster, get the railgun thing that isn't as cool as it sounds but it hurts enemies like hell.
>>
File: 1471020348_test.png (596KB, 669x473px) Image search: [Google]
1471020348_test.png
596KB, 669x473px
>>151626579
because the devs have been lying for 2 years and hyping the game with features that was either cut completely or are shallow and repetitive as fuck.

>>151627126
>/v/ drones
>conspiracies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrDaudzn64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
>>
is this even worth pirating?
>>
Why does my game look like I smeared vasoline on the screen in comparison to trailer footage? I'm playing on max settings ffs
>>
>>151627340
Was there another option that isn't FXAA?
FXAA is terrible and cheap-costing.

>>151606803
>anon .exe file
hmmm
>>
>>151627314
it doesn't
>>
>>151627351
>>151627256
this, only farm deposits if you're in a mood for some monotony and maybe have some tv show going or something.
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 17-37-01-768.jpg (705KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 17-37-01-768.jpg
705KB, 1920x1080px
Now...this is...new
>>
>>151627340
Options>Antialias>On

You really shouldn't be piloting a spaceship if you're blind.
>>
>>151627454
Oh they're also making youtube videos too? Why are you so invested in this game exactly?
>>
Anyone else kind of wish there was a way to store items in a bank or something like through a connected space station storage system? I feel like I have so many items I don't wanna sell but they take up space, its very conflicting.
>>
>>151627221
Base laser maybe. But i have mining upgrades and get about 60 iridium units every lazer burst as compared to 20-30 every grenade volley. Haven't really done the math but lazer seems quicker to me.
>>
>>151627564
congratulations, you just won at solitaire.
>>
>>151622553
he just went thru the center and ...its ng+ real disappointing
>>
File: giant mantis.jpg (562KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
giant mantis.jpg
562KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>151627603

keyword is decent

the in-game options look like absolute shit
>>
>>151627538
turn off vsync, that other retard is a dumb fuck and doesnt know how vsync works.

if your fps drops below your refresh rate with vsync on, your fps is cut in half causing even more stuttering.
>>
>>151627660

hehe that's pretty good
>>
>>151627351
This, I just discovered the jagged gold spike that look like plutonium drop way more gold than the big obelisks. Mining one of those takes like 10 minutes to get 250 gold.

I still think crafting bypass chips is the best way to make money.
>>
>>151627735
I can't seem to get Nvidia overrides to work either.

Fuck OpenGL in general.
>>
>>151627759
This, also if your GPU doesn't support Gsync turn that shit off in the settings files.
>>
File: NMS 2016-08-13 10-46-51-48.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NMS 2016-08-13 10-46-51-48.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>151627049
I wish it was a bit longer though.
sometimes hard to park

>>151626896
are the ships also procedurally generated?
>>
>>151627660
Nice

>>151627705
I haven't watched because
>youtubers
but do you at least keep your ship and your inventory space when you restart from the center?
>>
>>151627183
Get an atlas pass and you'll max out your exo inventory in no time.
>>
>>151627720

THE APEX PREDATOR
>>
>>151627491
Its fun for a few hours
>>
>>151627876
>but do you at least keep your ship and your inventory space when you restart from the center?
yep
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 614x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 614x432px
Between now and next August, what features do you realistically think HG will add? What will they prioritize?
>>
>>151627901
where do you get an atlas pass? i completely ignored their questline. am i fucked?
>>
>>151627759
>>151627858
I've tried vsync on/off, gsync off, gtx 970 and it stutters everytime I load a new object on the screen
>>
>>151628009
>what features do you realistically think HG will add?
Nothing.

>What will they prioritize?
Trying to keep as much of their stolen money as possible.
>>
File: shitposting (2).gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting (2).gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>151627609
I have only invested my time because I have no life (and no money), obviously.
>>
>>151628009
They need to fix the fucking game before adding shit
>>
File: 20160813111914_1.jpg (439KB, 1920x1064px) Image search: [Google]
20160813111914_1.jpg
439KB, 1920x1064px
>>151627861
Yeah, but I haven't seen anything ridiculously cool, most of the ships I see are flying bricks, tiny flying bricks, and the pod looking autistic ships. The few "streamlined" style ships have a lot of variation in wings/cockpit but I just don't see a lot of them at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8
>>
>>151627901

What's the max number of exo inventory slots? 42?
>>
Well boys, NMS dream is over. back to space trucking simulator for me, gonna be super comfy in Elite tonight!
>>
>>151628009
a billion new color schemes and about 2 new plants and animals and maybe 1 new biome.
>>
>>151628134
Intel gpus getting the shaft right now, that's probably it, most people have the same problem.
>>
>>151628401
me too, I'm going to be more comfy than ever in Elite now.
>>
>>151628009
faction fucking faction like Freelancer.
>>
>>151628579
>intel gpu
????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????
??????????????
?
>>
>>151628349
>>
>>151628038
I'm in the same position, and I think we're indeed fucked.
>>
>>151628656
*nvidia sorry
>>
>>151628134
>gtx 970
How the fuck do you thing a GPU worse than what the PS4 has can performce for games in 2016? Srsly this card is from 2014 fucking hell.
>>
>>151614263
It's not.

You people expect too much from this small, STRUGGLING studio.
>>
>>151628649
I'll probably still keep an eye on NMS, maybe it'll become something in a few months, But as it is now. I'd rather just play Elite and continue my mining business.
>>
>>151628813
are you retarded? 970 is still a decent card, and it's 3 generations newer than the fucking minimum requirements.

people with fucking GTX 1080 cant get good performance in this game because the devs are fucking retards.
>>
>>151628009
I really dont see them expanding or adding stuff substantial.

>add more of a alien presence
>add multiplayer
>add increased customization for everything
>streamline inventory
>more story, probably between the races
>galactic trading influenced by players
>>
Are black holes the only feasible way to make it to the center? Ive gone through about 15 now and barely made a fucking dent in the way to still go...am i doing something wrong? They barely even bring me far.
>>
File: swarms.jpg (596KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
swarms.jpg
596KB, 1600x900px
God this planet is swarming with shit
>>
>>151628009
They'll add buggy multiplayer and then abandon the game
>>
>>151629027
My GTX 1080 sits at over 100 fps.

You just have to unfuck the default graphic settings. They have all sorts of dumb bottlenecks.
>>
>>151628862
Fuck off, Sean.

>>151629050
Never going to happen. All the launch bullshit is a big fucking red flag and I'm dumbfounded that people are still defending the devs after a clusterfuck like this and all the lies.
>>
>>151629160
you don't want to go to the center, it just resets the game
>>
>>151627541
blowing you freighter gets you a ton of shit to and because you de aggro and respawn in the space station there is no down side. Just pop a few containers pick up the loot die fly back and pick up all your shit.
>>
>>151629027
>3 generations
its old as fuck 3 YEARS that insanly long for GPUs
>people with fucking GTX 1080
yea man totally trust those trolls when I got 60 fps on my Titan.
>>
File: 1440521143255.png (837KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440521143255.png
837KB, 600x600px
>>151629273
TRIPPEL AYY GAME RITE LADS! SO MUCH TO DO! ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!
>>
>>151629273
>you don't want to go to the center, it just resets the game
Wait, really?
The only reason why I'm still playing at this point is to get to the center
>>
>>151627613
100% this dood. I want to be able to deposit my atlas stones. I mean fuck, the Gek Jews could even charge me a fee to open a bank account to store shit, I would pay!
>>
I found 1 low atmosphere planet and can't find another. I keep getting shitty, red rock, carbon plant, dumb creature planets. I just want another mineral rich planet.

Also is there shit in the ocean on oceanic planets? I haven't found shit underwater yet other than iron.
>>
File: qt mantis.jpg (475KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
qt mantis.jpg
475KB, 1600x900px
>>151627720
>>151627945
>>
>>151629437
Yet it's 10x more powerful than a PS4's GPU.

The game is optimized as well as the country of Greece handles their finances.
>>
File: hurrimretarded.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hurrimretarded.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>151629437
>ts old as fuck 3 YEARS that insanly long for GPUs
go look at a fucking performance chart you inbred moron
>totally trust those trolls
yeah sure all those streamers are just showing a screenshot with fake photoshopped FPS numbers, rite?
and it's not like multiple gaming sites have written about it, not at all, no! totally a conspiracy by trolls!
>>
>>151629546
yes really I just watched a stream, it just plops you back to the tutorial in a new galaxy, with the same ship and weapons you had when you entered the core.

It's literally nothing
>>
File: 1471020638674.jpg (260KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1471020638674.jpg
260KB, 900x675px
>>151629546
>The only reason why I'm still playing at this point is to get to the center

You're playing it for the wrong reason my man. First galaxy center takes you to the Hilbert Dimension which is just the starting galaxy, but another color. Don't think anyone's made it to the center of Hilbert yet.
>>
>>151629546
Spoilers:
Following the Atlas Path, at least, going to the center potentially unlocks the use of portals.
People are still trying to figure it out.
>>
>>151629273
I'm well aware, but want to get there. Still waiting for somebody to answer though. And it doesn't reset the entire game, you keep your ship and everything you just have to repair all the tech
>>
>>151629892
its just a palette reset. Nothing changes
>>
I'm pretty sure I played this shit with worse graphics years ago.

Was it Endless Space? Something else?
>>
>>151630119
its called Out There Omega edition.
Literally the same game
>>
>>151630009
Again. I am aware of what happens, i have watched people do it. Doesn't change the fact that my goal is to do it myself
>>
>>151630119
endless space is a 4x game...
>>
>>151605185
OY VEY REMEMBER THE 18 QUINTILLION
>>
Now what in the fuck is everyone's problem with HG? I payed no attention to any of the hype, paid no attention to the community news, bought NMS and played it all last night. It's not a bad game at all. It's a little ambitious for an indie developer, but it's well executed and I'd say it's worth $60. If anything, I'd say some of the mechanics are frustrating, but those get fixed with time. Maybe the procedural generation gets old sometimes, but what did you seriously expect? They showcased how that worked last year.

This happened to me with Spore too, I probably sank 100 hours into Spore and everyone I talk to just shits on it and avoids the question when I ask why.

It's not like HG is just gonna sit on their thumbs forever, it's been 4 days. They're gonna add more content as it becomes more clear what they're supposed to prioritize.

If you're still frustrated, deal with this situation like you're trying to train an animal. Calm down, give Sean some time climb out from under his rock, and let him know he's a moron and you expected more from your $60 than you got gently and patiently.
>>
File: pastabait.jpg (73KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pastabait.jpg
73KB, 1000x1000px
>>151630349
everything you said is BS and spore was shit.
>>
>>151626375
There are a couple where I took a shot in the dark at what the alien or shrine was saying, and guessed wrong. The latest one was something like the choice between holding my breath and breathing harder.

I just wish once you "failed" then they went away, or once you hit up a shelter it disappeared from the hud. I'm tired of
>have I explored this way yet?
>It's only 4 minutes, I'll walk
>yup I remember, I failed this

Terrible design flaw
>>
>>151630349
>this delusion

Glad your happy. Sean can sleep well knowing you're a faithful customer well into the future.
>>
>game was working fine yesterday
>today i crash after the hello games screen
JUST
>>
>>151625923
he didnt skip a hyperdrive upgrade. He actually has 3 hyperdrives and you only need 1. It seems like you need to actually fill your hyperdrive in order to make it to the center.

He did the atlas thing also, he played a lot before he went right for the center.
>>
>>151628009
As of right now the game is a maximum comfy space mining simulator, and I'm ok with that. But things they need to add A$AP:
> fix the game for PC bros
> Streamline UI
> add galactic bank to deposit items in
> add craftable user beacons so you can leave and come back to shit
Within the next year in no particular order:
> base building
> freighters
> implement multiplayer somehow
> events, like Gek declare war on Korvax or something
> surface vehicles
It would be great to build a little outpost and plant those platinum and zinc plants.
>>
Where the fuck do you find copper?
>>
>>151630232
>>151630304
Ah fuck, it was Evochron Mercenary.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
I really hope I'm not the only person doing this
>>
>>151630808
Floating, vertical oval rocks on planets can be copper.
>>
>>151608124
Autism.

The only people on my friends list playing it are the ones that everyone knows are autistic.
>>
File: steam.png (288KB, 1264x1040px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
288KB, 1264x1040px
>>151630890
10/10 doing god's work, son.
>>
>>151630701
Kek. Delusion?

I got everything I expected out of this game. You need to learn to not listen to everything you hear come out of a dev's mouth.

I bet you must hate conceptual art.
>>
>>151630890
how many hours of work is this
>>
>>151630349
Spore was shit because it tried to do too much and left too much out in the parts that mattered (building your tribe, letting friendlies defend themselves) and ended up leaving a bad taste in a lot of gamers mouths when EA promised pizza and served up cold hamburger helper.

I haven't follOwed nms hype but I have an idea what they promised, they seemed kinda disingenuous by hinting at the game being something it's not (mmo aspects, multiplayer, base building), but for now they can get away with "but we'll add it!"

Spore has already gone down as a huge flop though, and having said that, there's no reason to say that nms will be different for most people who are disappointed with it now. The common problem with these two games is devs saying one thing to build up hype, but then not following through all the way, I feel like at that point you get into a discussion on whether the devs are artists, or business men, so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>151630786

None of that will ever happen.
>>
>>151630890
Hardy chuckle. Thanks anon.
>>
>>151631148
Maybe one hour tops? I'm at the point in the game where i only touch down on planets to repair shit that gets broken from black holes or to collect shit to make fuel to warp more...a majority of my time has just been staring at the fucking warp loading screen
>>
>>151631413
Exactly the spot I am in.
>>
>>151631267
>mmo aspects
They literally never hinted this.

>base building
They only announced this on Monday.

>multiplayer
This is the only part of this game that I'm disappointed in HG for. How do they justify promising multiplayer and not actually delivering on that? They had years to hire someone who can develop that.
>>
>>151631691
bro you're fucking retarded, read the god damn thread, we told you idiots there was no multiplayer for a whole week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrDaudzn64
>>
Holy shit I pirated the game and still feel robbed. This game is absolute fucking garbage.

I feel sorry for all you poor fucks who actually bought the game. Then again, at least you can refund these days.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 494x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 494x454px
Pirated, I played like half an hour.
I don't really like it so far, tired of mining already.
Should I continue playing? Does it get better?
>>
Holy fuck, how do you get the last record on a planet?
I haven't left my home-world for 7 hours now, and I've been stuck at 87% for half of that.

What the fuck am I supposed to find?!
>>
>>151632115
max 2 hours gameplay for refunds on steam.

>>151632180
>does it get better
no, that's the whole mechanic for getting anywhere in the game, land, mine, repair/refuel, fly off, repeat.
>>
>>151632180
ask on v please
>>
>>151632115
>Then again, at least you can refund these days.

People who have invested their credibility in this game are forced to play it for longer than the steam return window.

They can never recoup the loss. Neither financially nor socially.
>>
>>151631663
Yeah...its boring as fuck isnt it?
>>
>>151632245
check the water and sky and caves for the last missing species. Barren planets are easier because you only need to collect waypoints
>>
>>151632245
A flying creature most likely. Shoot em down and scan em.
>>
File: hWGyIOq.jpg (114KB, 540x622px) Image search: [Google]
hWGyIOq.jpg
114KB, 540x622px
>>151632180
Don't forget you can go around using a carbon copy of the scan visor from metroid prime!

isn't that great? it doesn't tell you anything or act as a trigger for anything, but hey, it's connected to a random name generator!

Remember, No Man's Sky isn't about objective quality gameplay. It's about subjective qualia gameplay~
>>
>>151632298
>>151632317
Shit, I thought there was more time than 2 hours. Sucks to be them then.
>>
So my spaceship is 5 hours away and its getting further away. I cannot catch up. What do?
>>
Where do I go to sell shit?
>>
>>151632468
>>151632602
No water, & I've tagged two fliers already. Everything I see is green, and I've fagged a couple new species since which didn't complete the checklist.

Are there really creatures to be found in caves?
>>
>>151632672
can you even get out of your ship in space? You can't even grapple a rock and land on it? No asteroids bigger than a km across?
>>
Does anyone happen to know what a red star system has inside of it? I'm looking to find a high security planet, been searching for the past day for one but no luck.
>>
>>151632438
After the intial thrill of find and exploring planets, yes. I dont get the same enjoyment from exploring caves and land masses anymore.

It just become a routine after a while.
>>
>>151632759
Most settlements with a landing pad have a vendor. (Big round thingy). There are some loose trade spots too and you have larger trading posts with several landing pads
>>
>>151632759
Space stations, outposts, sometimes there will be random market robots near save points, they look like wheatley from portal 2
>>
>>151632672
well explain what happened first m8

if you got out and started floating into space youre fucked
alternatively
if you got into the space shit and shot backwards through space and then auto dismounted sending it into space
well, youre fucked
>>
>>151632672
Pause and go to your last save
>>
>>151632759
Find a beacon, which will lead you to 'an advanced life form'.
You can scan one down if you find a scanner, (orange beams of light) and ask it to look for 'transmissions'.

Also, there's always one at trade-hubs. Look for lots of ship traffic & follow them.

Rule of thumb is, if the NPC building has a landing pad, it has a trade uplink.
>>
>>151627613
I do. Rare upgrade mats take forever to find. I'm cool with the whole always moving forward thing but I just found calcium for the first time since I started playing...fuck knows when I'm actually going to need it but I'll have a block of it in my inventory until then.
>>
>>151632870
I 100%d my home world but i also scan flora.

Speaking of which, is there anything to do beyond the 100%? I waved to keep collecting words and recipes and shit, but every time I hit up a shelter, shrine or station or anything marked, I've already gotten it.
>>
>>151632870
Yeah and watch out because most of the time their super irritating bitey ass crabs or some shit
>>
>>151633072
im fairly certain it doesnt always, i remember having to wait forever for a ship to land to sell shit
>>
>let's make a player wait for a second every time he wants to click any menu!
Seriously? Someone really thought it's a good idea?
>>
>No Man's Parking Spot
>>
>>151632871
>>151632994
>>151633019
Im on a planet. Landed on one of these panding pads and went sightseeing. I came back to the base but ship is 5 hours away. Last save doesnt work nor killing myself.
>>
>>151632672
You fucked up. It seems like planet surfaces are generated in instances while on planet. Have you ever scanned for an objective in a new system, found one on a planet, came at a angle onto the planet and found the objective didn't get any closer even while in your ship?

Thats what happened.
>>
>>151632879
How do you like EVERY planet having plants, animals and buildings?
I would not be able to stand this level of stupid in a game because it takes out the whole "space exploration" feel and excitement you get when you come across a planet with life or ancient ruins or rare minerals.
>>
Are there even any earth like planets?
All I've seen is weird alien shit.
>>
>>151630976
Floating as in mid air?
>>
>>151633612
there are trees, green grasses and blue skies, got to be some planets with them together
>>
>>151633302
go to one of those bases with the landing pad

you can call your ship to you there at the little terminal thing
>>
>>151633330
Yo seriously. The fuck is up with this? What happened to 90-10 rule?
>>
File: landed.jpg (288KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
landed.jpg
288KB, 1600x900px
>>151633298
>>
File: FUCKIMGONNADOIT.png (58KB, 652x308px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKIMGONNADOIT.png
58KB, 652x308px
STOP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>151633330
i remember the first time I saw a temperate planet in Elite Dangerous, it was like a huge excitement.
>>
>bright light of god's anus
>crash to desktop every time
thanks
>>
>>151633937
Just reading the would be enough. Otherwise you are beyond salvation
>>
>>151633612
The closeset I got to was a water world dotted with green islands, caves, and blue skies. No grass and no trees. Have visited maybe 40+ planets and have only seen that one.

Mass majority is barren planets with red/brown rock and ugly red skies.
>>
>>151633330
People think thought experiments can make warp drives.

People literally know less about space now than people a century ago knew about dinosaurs. That's why all science fiction has ships and tech that are the equivalent of a T-rex that drags its tail.

So they can get away with literally anything, since this is for crystal-grabbing yuppie space travel.
>>
why can't I find any 2spooky planets

it's all bright colors and cute animals
>>
>>151633937
Pirate it you crazy fool!
>>
File: CWf5ACWVEAEw62u[1].png (149KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
CWf5ACWVEAEw62u[1].png
149KB, 600x507px
FUCK YOU ATLAS. I'M SELLING ALL THESE PIECE OF SHIT USELESS STONES FUCK OFF
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>151633330
I find it lazy.
>>
What's with the performance whine? I got a gtx 970 and a i5 4430 and I have everything maxed (1980x1050) and got good fps, only getting drops in fps when it's loading new stuff which is normal
>>
>>151633937
If you're really afraid of paying 60 yuros just pirate the GOG version
>>
>>151634413
Whats wrong?

>upgrade warp drive
>visit trade ships in every cluster
>upgrade inventory
>visit atlas station
>get stone
>warp drive to next anonomly
>repeat till ten stones
>give 10 stones

Tada
>>
IF YOU USE AMD, DOWNLOAD THE LATEST DRIVER 16.8.2

it did wonders for me
>>
>>151606206
Denser materials are still going to be generally rarer everywhere, and all of those elements just happen to also be extremely useful.
>>
>>151630890
I'm doing this but with "sean is a liar"
>>
Huh, so I just learned that feeding animals will cause them to start finding small amounts of random minerals.
Including extremely rare elements like Omegon, Calium, etc.

If you run across a pack and have the time, resources & inventory slots for it, it might be worth your time to let them dig around.
>>
>bump limit reached
>still no new thread
>>
>>151634680
They take up too much space, I'm doing other stuff in the meantime, I don't want to rush to get 10.
>>
>>151634247
>this uneducated american talking about what people know or do not know
Top golden keks for you anon
>>
Refunded the moment I saw how shit this game looks on my 980 ti lads

No really why is it so ugly
>>
File: Logo-tenouttaten.jpg (11KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-tenouttaten.jpg
11KB, 269x200px
>>151633867
AAA indie game, bro
>>
>>151633330
I've actually had a planet with no animals or plants. It was barren, only with huge deposits of gold and small bases littered around. It was quite comfy honestly.
>>
>>151635128
Space education doesn't vary between countries. It's shit across the board.
>>
>>151633905
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>151633937
see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAvRf0Z8KU
>>
>>151633330
I've found one or two barren planets but it really annoys me that such planets are rarer than planets with life
>>
>>151635361
Shitting "it's too deep for us" bullshit on the internet and >reading shit sci fi isn't.
>>
is there a shader mod that removes the disgusting piss filter yet
>>
>>151635613
It's an artistic choice, you just don't understand
>>
>>151635698
so is having zero modding potential apparently
>>
>>151634165
I ran into a world with lots of animals, flora, and materials. Very verdant world with a lake or two. Only problem was that it was a hothouse world. Burning as hell on the surface with regular solar storms. I couldn't live through that without continuous suit and shield maintenance, so I got the hell out of there.
>>
>>151635698
I understand exactly what they were going for but they did it badly because instead of having "faded technicolor scifi movie poster" feel it has a "someone pissed on everything" feel because they did it wrong
>>
NEW

>>151635580

NEW

>>151635580
>>
>>151635546
>"it's too deep for us"
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>151636037
that's what every shill drone says when we bring up the extremely shallow and basic game mechanics and the fact sean lied about MP for 2 years.

>you dont understand
>you're just a cod kid
>>
>Notices NMS is about to release, checks it out and preorder
>It's a bit buggy but still okay. A sort of chill thing like minecraft.
>watches a huge drama from people who wanted multiplayer

It doesn't even matter if it had multiplayer because of the kind of game it is. If you manage to meat up there still isn't any gameplay suited for it other than maybe fighting pirates. But there are better space sims out there.
>>
The thing that bugs me the most about the game are the terrible generated alien creatures. Why the fuck would life on other worlds just evolve to look like puzzle pieces of Earth animals slapped together. I just can't get past it, it's just too stupid. "Oh wow, look at that snake bird thing, wow." Why would a creature on a planet which has a makeup vastly different from Earth evolve to have an Earth snake's head/torso and an Earth's avian lower body? At least the aliens in Spore looked sort of like aliens. It's extremely rare for a creature in NMS to actually look like an alien instead of a vivisection experiment.

Other than that the game is exactly as expected, although I did believe there was going to be some multiplayer. i.e. jacking other players if you found them or teaming up to take down a large capital ship or something.
>>
>>151636957
but it's nothing like minecraft you retarded shit.
>>
>>151637416
you are such a loser. Crying about games you don't like online but can't come up with better bullshit than "b-but ur opinion is wrong".
>>
things I think I'd love right now for quality of life fixes:
1. Add in a bank to store shit in at space stations
2. Add in an upgrade that helps you scan for animals that you haven't encountered yet
3. Be able to see animals/scan for minerals using your ship when hovering about planets.
Been playing for 3 days straight just about and loving the game but I'd like these things a lot.
>>
Found a glitch to dupe atlas stones. Have some stone sin your ship inventory and leave a starship and start shooting a freighter. Once you die reload previous save. All ur stuff is still in inventory and u can go grab a copy of the stuff from your grave. Easy money.
>>
>>151637091
Real aliens are unknown aliens. They could be as similar to life to us as a rock. Read Stanislaw lem novels for reference. Pulp sci fi is stupid.
>>
>>151637416
But it NEEDS to be, if the devs care about this abortion they've created at all. The longer this game goes on with no content, and nothing to do, the more likely it is to go down in history as Spore 2.
>>
>>151634282
They are out there anon, I found a cpl moons that must have been in a geosync orbit with their parent because they never saw sunlight. Spoopy bat creatures in the caves and absolutely dead barren rock on the surface
>>
File: 1455318971350.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1455318971350.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>151637870
I bet you think worms and battlefield are similar because they both have weapons, because that's the logic behind you claiming NMS is like Minecraft just because it has a crafting system that's so basic it's a fucking joke.
You take the lowest common denominator and claim shit is like something else, and you call me a loser? TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>151639352
you're barely above min req for the GPU. wait and pray sean murray will make a performance optimization patch, but dont get your hopes up, he's a lying cunt.
>>
>>151637924
Just found another movement option, Do the melee attack lunge into jetpack and land in water to swim at incredible speeds.
>>
File: 1470834051734_2.png (129KB, 504x923px) Image search: [Google]
1470834051734_2.png
129KB, 504x923px
>>151626579
>>
>>151633330
That's funny because I've seen multiple dead moons with no life.
>>
>>151642889
the point you missed is that it should be the other way around. lots of dead planets/moons with a few that has life or buildings.
>>
>>151626938

Shoot the triangle, you dongus, it's where the target will be when your lasers will arrive.
>>
>>151644109
Sounds like people would be even more bored.
>>
>>151644894
nope. right now you get saturated with finding shit everywhere you go. if there is less planets with shit you get a bigger drive to find that excitement.

this makes me think the retards calling anyone that doesnt like this game a cod kid might actually be the cod kids themselves because they crave that EZ mode instant gratification repeatedly without actually doing anything meaningful
Thread posts: 864
Thread images: 134

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.