[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 783
Thread images: 79

File: retroarch_usability.jpg (108KB, 496x432px) Image search: [Google]
retroarch_usability.jpg
108KB, 496x432px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

News:
Retroarch 1.3.6 is now out, with some new cores such as ParaLLEl (an LLE N64 emulator using the vulkan API) and Mednafen-Beetle hardware mode. Neither of them work particularly well at the moment - you have been warned.
Pocketstation emulator in the works.

Remember to submit bug reports on project githubs.
>>
>>149562620
I miss him. He should've leveraged his meme status into money with a patreon, etc.
>>
>>149562837

Well he tried Kickstarter once and failed spectacularly
>>
>>149563005
KS is too much all or nothing, plus that was before he became a meme. Patreon is a more lenient "throw this guy a bone" system
>>
>>149562620
He looks almost attractive in that bottom picture.
>>
>>149564039
I really don't think there's such a thing as an inherently "ugly" human being, Just people that really don't know how to take care of themselves.
>>
Man, I wish RA on Wii had some sort of compatibility with the PS3 controller. I'm not a big fan of the classic controller myself.
>>
>>149566721
You should be able to use it through USB
>>
>>149566721
Nintendont, SNES9xGX, VBAGX, FCEUGX, and Genesis Plus GX all support various USB controllers, DS3 included, so I find it hard to believe that RetroArch doesn't.

Hell, even if it turns out that it doesn't, just hop into the IRC and ask about it.
>>
>>149566549
>I really don't think there's such a thing as an inherently "ugly" human being

What about those who were deformed on birth?
>>
So I haven't followed emulation news for about a year, has anything worthwhile happened?
Like, some new emulator or core which makes a system finally able to emulate? Or anything else?
>>
>>149566798
>>149566920
Well shit, tried it 2 months ago. I guess I should give it another try
>>
>>149566948
I don't count freaks of nature as human beings
>>
>>149566549
Yeah that's bullshit. I mean turtle would be passable if he just got a haircut and didn't always have that stupid look on his face, but there are some real hideous fucks out there.
>>
>>149566721
I just booted up RA on my Wii and it didn't support my DS3 through USB. That's really fucked up because I used to have a build on my Wii U that did support it in the past.

Maybe it's a regression? Maybe I downloaded a build off GBATemp that was modified to support it? I honestly don't know what to tell you
>>
>>149567892
Dunno. I remember really old versions having nice resolution settings that would never save but still would be available. Newer versions don't seem to have those settings and if I do the mistake to choose another input method, I'm left with an unusable emulator until I take out the SD and change the config file.

But then other emulators aren't exactly that amazing. I remember having issues with SNES9XGX. The quest for a fucking console that would serve as a perfect platform for emulation (excluding PS1)
>>
>>149567298
There's new developments in the n64 scene with vulkan that may finally make n64 emulation good. Some cool stuff with texture perspective corrections for psx. Ryphecha working on Saturn emulation so that might finally be good.
>>
>>149568140
I set up RA on my Wii under a month ago and you can still change the resolution settings (even down to 240p resolutions) and RA has the decency to save them (this was a recent thing)

You need to go to Settings > Video > Screen Resolution (the third option from the top). I did per-core configurations so I could just set one resolution per core, and set the default core (CATSFC v1.36) to 640x240 since SNES9x Next / PocketSNES are way better SNES emulators.
>>
>>149568191
That's nice to hear, been hoping for improvements on the N64 and Saturn areas. Thanks, anon
>>
Hi emugen, I'm about to buy a ps2. Before I do, I just wanted to come and ask, should I buy the fat over the slim, or slim over the fat?

Its been so long I can't remember if there is a model I need to avoid, like how in 7th gen you shouldn't buy a white 360 because of rrod.
When I was a kid I had a ps2 slim, but again, its been so long that I can't remember which is better.
>>
>>149567298
N64 emulation is finally going to be good instead of being stuck in perpetual plug-in hell thanks to paraLLEl. It does way too much shit to list here, so here's the update page itself:

http://www.libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/

Dolphin's Vulkan renderer is now feature complete, and even though it's still in an early state, it's getting better performance than OGL/DX11 in a few games. If you don't have a Vulkan ready GPU, Ishiiruka is doing wonders for the DX9/11 renderers. DX12 is a joke don't buy into the meme

PCSX2 is about to stagnate for a few years because Gregory is sticking with a depreciated API that is constantly breaking on AMD and Intel instead of moving on to Vulkan and/or DX12.

Rypecha of mednafen-PSX fame is starting work on an accurate, cross-platform Sega Saturn emulator, so we no longer have to rely on horrible emulators like SSF or Yabause anymore. The Saturn even just got cracked wide open for the first time in 20 years, so we might even get a USB loader for real hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E

Speaking of mednafen-PSX, the Libretro port, Beetle, is getting an OpenGL hardware renderer. It brings increased rendering resolution, perspective correction, texture filtering, etc. It's very early in development and barely works as of right now though.

Also, Cemu and Citra are things, they barely work, but it's fucking unreal how fast Cemu has come. Most people are thinking that it's UltraHLE 2 because it seems like they're using leaked documentation from Nintendo themselves to develop it.
>>
>>149569027
Honestly though, what does this have to do with emulation?
>>
How far is 3DS emulation now adays? I feel like playing a proper pokemon game.
>>
>>149568568
It's still early days but you can get the parallel core for retroarch to try out n64 with vulkan.
>>
>>149569197
>I feel like playing a proper pokemon game.

Avoid the 3DS games then
>>
>>149569165
It's relevant because PS2 emulation is so bad that sane people would go for a proper alternative
>>
>>149569113
Thanks for the detailed summary! Need to read into that Vulkan stuff, glad to see so much good news (except for PCSX2 whelp).

That Sega Saturn CD video brought tears to my eyes ;_; it's been so long
>>
>>149569027
I think last time I saw someone talking it was the fat. Check with >>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>149569439
>>149569165
/vr/ doesn't allow 6th gen discussion because its not retro yet, and this general is the closest thing to it, sorry

can you imagine what trying to ask this question on /v/ would be like though?
>>
>>149568424
>I set up RA on my Wii under a month ago
I read this as
"I set up RA on my Wii in only a month"
>>
>>149569027
This is /hbg/ territory, but I had a lot of trouble finding info about my PS2, and /hbg/ really didn't want to help me anyways, so I'll help you

The fat PS2 is the way to go, but the slim is kinda usable. The main difference between the two is that for the fat, you'll be loading games off the HDD, and for the Slim, you'll be loading games over a network from a PC. FreeHDDBoot is how you load homebrew on the fats, and FreeMCBoot is the slim equivalent. As for game loaders, you'll use OpenPS2Loader for both.

HDD loading allegedly has 100% compatibility with booting games (someone in this thread before said they had some lag in some games, I've never noticed it in those games, so your mileage may vary), and network loading is a crap shoot. DMC3 is unplayable because cutscenes become desynced after five seconds and stutter for up to three seconds at a time. Rhythm games like Beatmania and Guitar Hero become desynced and you don't want that in a rhythm game. I'd say it has about 70% compatibility at this point.

USB loading for PS2 games is a fucking joke because the USB 1.0 ports used on the PS2 are nowhere near fast enough to play anything. Do not even think about or try it. However, there is a leaked PSX emulator that runs games off the HDD or USB that you can use since the USB 1.0 ports read discs faster than the PS2's laser clocked to the PSX read rate.

Emulation is trash on the PS2 don't even try it. It's strictly for PSX and PS2 piracy, and playing out of region DVDs. Nothing else.

tl;dr - Get a fat PS2, buy a memory card pre-loaded with FreeMCBoot, buy a 250GB+ IDE HDD, then install the latest daily build of OpenPS2Loader.

If you need any help with anything, just ask.

>>149569165
PCSX2 is garbage and it'll never get any better than it currently is now unless it gets a total code re-write. Might as well just get the real hardware at this point.
>>
>>149569557
Who decided 6th gen is not yet retro anyway? Practically you can't discuss gen 6 games on /v/ so gen 6 should go to /vr/
>>
>>149569681
>PCSX2 is garbage and it'll never get any better than it currently is now unless it gets a total code re-write. Might as well just get the real hardware at this point.
This was said last year and since then we've seen hundreds of improvements. MGS3 is now perfect as an example.
>>
>>149569723
Originally, the year 2000 was the cutoff point, so no sixth gen. Then people were up in arms because the Dreamcast was released in 1998/1999, and had the best ports of fifth gen games (Spiderman and Tony Hawk immediately come to my mind).

So then the mods decided yeah, the Dreamcast counts as retro, but nothing else from the sixth gen because everything else was released after 2000.

Don't think of it as having the sixth gen as a cut off, but the year 2000 as being the cut off.
>>
>>149569902
Why 2000? I just don't get it. Just some arbitrary nonsense? Why don't they do it based on functional usefulness? It's more useful to be able to discuss PS2 or Xboxclassic games on /vr/ because you will NEVER be able to discuss them on /v/ unless they're huge big name games like FF12 or something
>>
>>149569113
>PCSX2 is about to stagnate for a few years because Gregory is sticking with a depreciated API that is constantly breaking on AMD and Intel instead of moving on to Vulkan and/or DX12.
I agree that PCSX2 is likely to stagnate, or rather keep stagnating, as it hasn't been going anywhere for years either way.

Your anti OpenGL shitposting in these threads is however baseless and way too easy to spot, since your dumb ass consistently uses the wrong fucking word when describing OGL (you're looking for "deprecated"). Even if Vulkan is the future, OGL won't be going away anytime soon.

I bet you think Beetle's new renderer is going nowhere as well, just because it doesn't use the latest graphics API. Your obviously lack the most simplistic of insight about software development so shut the hell up already.
>>
>>149570128
Problem is, he's right in that eventually OGL will be going in the trash dump, so knowing that, putting work into it seems kind of like cleaning up a house slated for demolition
>>
File: 1468502282301.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1468502282301.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>149570128
>I bet you think Beetle's new renderer is going nowhere as well, just because it doesn't use the latest graphics API
Nah, I know it's going places. Vulkan and DX12 just seem like the next logical step for PCSX2 since a total code-rewrite, as much as it's needed, isn't logical.

I'm glad I'm /emugen/ famous though
>>
>>149570445
>I'm glad I'm an idiot
>>
>>149570494
Don't be so upset because I don't like your shitty PS2 emulator
>>
>>149570445
>DX12
It's only on W10. It's pointless.
>>
File: RetroArch-0705-163213.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0705-163213.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
Za Zorrow
>>
>>149569902
>>149569723
>>149569504
thanks

>>149569681
and thank you very much, I really mean it. I was already looking at getting a fat too because of that.

just a few quick questions then.

Are there adapters for IDE to standard sata? I recently built my PC with 2011-2012 parts, so I don't have any IDE ports or hdds laying around.

I already looked up freemcboot, and know what that is. What is openPS2loader though, and why do I need it?

so far my shopping list is

>freemcboot card - $10
>fat $50
>IDE HDD 250 GB - $20
>Ps2 to Component - $9
>already got cds and dvds

Am I lacking anything?
Do I need to buy an adapter for the HDD?

and thanks a lot man, really
>>
>>149571215
>Are there adapters for IDE to standard sata? I recently built my PC with 2011-2012 parts, so I don't have any IDE ports or hdds laying around.
Yeah, but if you use one, you're going to need to use a 2.5" SATA HDD (laptop size) so it'll fit in the slot with the adapter.

>I already looked up freemcboot, and know what that is. What is openPS2loader though, and why do I need it?
To keep it plain and simple: FreeMCBoot is the PS2 equivalent of automatically booting into the Homebrew Channel on the Wii. It's loads into the PS2 BIOS that's slightly modified that allows you to boot applications off a memory card or HDD. OpenPS2Loader is an application that you open with FreeMCBoot (or uLaunch, which is also something you should look up since it's a must have for every modded PS2. FreeMcBoot comes with it, so you don't have to worry about not having it). OPL is an open-source, actively developed backup loader for PS2 games that allows you to boot games off an HDD, over the Ethernet port, or through a USB stick/HDD.

As for your shopping list, yes, you're missing the Network Adapter. You need it to plug an HDD into your PS2.

Also, if you care about PSX backups through USB/HDD loading, take a look at this:

http://ps2home.freeforums.net/thread/162/popstarter-13-wip-guide
>>
>>149572046
Also, I completely forgot, but this is the tool that you use to transfer your .iso's to your PS2's HDD over the network from a Windows PC:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/new-reworked-hdl_dump-0-9-1-attempt-gain-full-access-hdd-over-network-113411/#post1056114

You run hdl_srv_093.elf through uLaunch on your PS2, then from your PC, boot hdl_dumb.exe. Your PS2 will output the relevant info for you, such as the IP address, then you just start transferring games over. It took me 40 minutes to install FFX because holy shit the PS2's Ethernet port is slow, but you can plug your properly formatted HDD into your PC and transfer games locally at much, MUCH faster speeds if that's more your thing. Don't worry about the compatibility options at the bottom, since you can toggle them on or off on the fly with OPL
>>
>>149572645
>>149572046
>browse ebay
>find network adapter, fat, original controller, and 8mb card all for $47

thank you depreciation and deprecation
now for an ide drive, adapter, and freemc
thank you anon for spoonfeed
>>
>>149572046
>Yeah, but if you use one, you're going to need to use a 2.5" SATA HDD (laptop size) so it'll fit in the slot with the adapter.
You can also modify your adapter to have a SATA connector, it works only with official ones though.
A word of advice do not buy chinese copies of network adapters especially those that are SATA by default, not only they do not have proper network capacity most of the time but they have way worse compatibility.
>>
>>149572046
>>149574495
Oh, wait - the HDD doesn't actually need to be directly plugged into the PC mobo at any point does it?

In that case, fuck the adapter, I just didn't know.
So for an HDD to fit into a PS2 fat port with network, it needs to be 2.5?
>>
>>149575458
The HDD never "needs" to be plugged into the PC at any point, it just makes transferring games faster.

For the HDD to fit into the PS2 with the network adapter and no IDE > SATA adapter, you just need a regular ass 3.5" IDE HDD.

You only need a 2.5" drive if you're using an IDE > SATA adapter.

Don't buy a Western Digital HDD. The shape of the molex power port on them are non-standard, and to make the PS2 Network Adapter plug into it, you'll need to shave away lots of plastic, so you won't have a secure connection.
>>
File: 20160725_121440.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_121440.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>149575776
>>
>>149575458
>the HDD doesn't actually need to be directly plugged into the PC mobo at any point does it?
If you have an official adapter then no.

>So for an HDD to fit into a PS2 fat port with network, it needs to be 2.5?
If you can find an IDE one a 3.5 fits, if you modify your adapter it also does fit a 3.5 but if you try to use a small IDE to SATA adapter inside the expansion bay then you can only fit a 2.5, just remember that you need a very specific IDE to SATA adapter for it to even work and you will need some fiddling around for it to fit properly and not risk breaking everytime you move your console.
>>
>>149570445
>since a total code-rewrite, as much as it's needed, isn't logical.
Why isn't it logical?
>>
>>149570445
>a rewrite isn't logical
>so we're just gonna make a change that requires a total rewrite by itself
Motherfucking genius.
>>
How do I use DraStic without paying for it?
>>
live
>>
What is the best GBA emulator on retroarch?
>>
please don't pull a rachel on us
>>
Is there a safe apk download link for My Boy somewhere
I rarely download apks so don't want to get haxed
>>
>>149577279
Root, and use lucky patcher.
>>149580101
mGBA
>>149581080
Use mGBA on RetroArch.
>>
>>149580101
mGBA
>>
>>149581239
Does mGBA have multiplayer support
>>
>>149580119

Someone needs to get out more.
>>
>>149581867
Yeah, take a walk or something.
I've heard the George Washington Bridge offers a really nice view.
>>
What's better for emulation? Windows 10 or any linux distro in particular?

I currently have a GCN 1.0 AMD GPU so those new AMD drivers on linux aren't supported yet.
>>
>>149582130

>mr. internet tuff guy, reporting for doody!

What, you were fuckbuddies or something? Is pussy the source of your butthurt?
>>
File: 839.png (181KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
839.png
181KB, 400x345px
>>149582836
>internet tuff guy
>>
File: 1011_53_226_2007.png (58KB, 470x328px) Image search: [Google]
1011_53_226_2007.png
58KB, 470x328px
>>149583436

Yep, our little pisser was definitely afflicted with a mean case of the pussy-longing.

Protip Mr. Whiteknight: she was never going to fuck you. Never-ever. Not even if you paid her.
>>
>>149584163
>she was never going to fuck you

Ok, I'll bite

Who the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1011_20_226_2007.png (69KB, 470x347px) Image search: [Google]
1011_20_226_2007.png
69KB, 470x347px
>>149584751

>dis gon b gud

rachel. :^)
>>
>>149585921
>RogerB
Never forget
>>
File: clip.jpg (25KB, 420x383px) Image search: [Google]
clip.jpg
25KB, 420x383px
>>149585921
Jesus that's pretty graphic.
>>
File: 1011_9_226_2007.png (154KB, 470x356px) Image search: [Google]
1011_9_226_2007.png
154KB, 470x356px
>>149588071

Is it? I hadn't noticed. :)
>>
File: Me_April_2011.jpg (391KB, 2373x1780px) Image search: [Google]
Me_April_2011.jpg
391KB, 2373x1780px
>>149585921
>>149588320
>animal violence

I approve
>>
>>149588756

See now you just made it weird.
>>
Looks like Vulkan is about ready on Dolphin

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3935
>>
>>149593983
i am not trolling or being facetious when i say that i actually feel a little smug and superior to people who care about vulkan. i kinda view them as sheep.

again, i am not trolling or "merely pretending" to be a fedora tipper. i actually am one.
>>
>>149595712
Sounds like a joke that I am not getting.
>>
>>149596061
i know it seems that way especially because of the self-deprecating comment and the fact it's a blog post, but i'm not joking.
>>
>>149595712
Why would you not care about Vulkan.
>>
>>149596383
i am a windows user that can benefit just as well from dx12, as are most people. when people talk about being excited for vulkan, they're just attempting to signal how "hip" they are by identifying with the tiny minority of linux users.

i only know this because i've done that in the past but i didn't realize what i was doing until years later. i was ashamed.
>>
>>149596228

Vulkan seems pretty cool, though. Why _wouldn't_ you be excited about it? Finally an open API looks like it may best DirectX and whatever the fuck Apple thinks it is doing with Metal.

Not to mention ATI having authored the spec, so that may upend its status as second fiddle to NVidia, who always beat them out no matter which traditional API they used.
>>
>>149596640
Well, I'd agree with you, if windows 10 wasn't so bad.. I generally prefer D3D over OGL. I'm not quite ready to switch to win10.

From what I hear, vulkan's slower than d3d12.
>>
>>149596640

I think you lend too much credit to the competence of post-Ballmer Microsoft. Rather like my fellow Macheads who swear up and down that Apple under Tim Cook is still just as good as under Steve Jobs.
>>
>>149596640
>i am a windows user that can benefit just as well from dx12, as are most people.
Most people don't have a Windows DX12 will work on
>>
File: 2016 is now the 90s again.png (906KB, 1077x1307px) Image search: [Google]
2016 is now the 90s again.png
906KB, 1077x1307px
Why is everything going mad now, /emugen/?
>>
Does PCSX2 work(or work well) on mac's?
>>
>>149597576

.....OK. I did not see it before, but I sure as fuck see it now.

Jesus. 0-o
>>
File: ugh.jpg (70KB, 292x425px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
70KB, 292x425px
>>149597576
>Sega takes on Nintendo
>licensed Mega Drive clones existed for literally 15 years
>dozens of different revisions and varients
>first licensed NES clone not yet released
>Sega takes on Nintendo

I don't necessarily have any affinity toward one company or the other, but that headline is ridiculously biased.
>>
>>149597645
You'll be the pioneer since I'm not sure anyone else here uses macs
>>
>>149598040
>>first licensed NES clone not yet released
But the NES mini isn't a NES clone it's a shit ARM board running the VC emulator.
>>
>>149598957
Is it even as accurate as puNES?
>>
>>149599283
>puNES shill
>>
>>149598429

I do. Still don't find shit you have to pray over like PCSX2 worth my time.
>>
>>149598040
Maaatlooock
>>
>>149599343

Mad libretrofag detected
>>
>>149599410
Yeah, why bother with PCSX2 when you can use.. oh.
>>
>>149569113
>horrible emulators like SSF
Yeah it's been horrible being able to play 99% of the Saturn's library at perfect speed and extremely high accuracy. So horrible.
>>
>>149599283
It'll more than likely use the Virtual Console emulator for each of the installed games.

So no.
>>
>>149599597
I thought puNES was in RA?
>>
>>149599793
A real ps2
>>
>>149599876
How's mounting discs going for you these days?
>>
>>149598429
I don't either, I just have a friend. It's a mystery I am not going to bother looking into. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>149599962
Nope, the author rejected it and nobody in the libretro team is interested in porting it

https://github.com/punesemu/puNES/issues/6#issuecomment-213365521
>>
>>149600482
At least libretro has 20 snes and mame cores
>>
>>149601325
not enough, why not have mednafen-snes-next?
>>
>>149601650
Why stop there when we already have Nestopia UE, FCEUX, QuickNES, and bnes? Surely we need ANOTHER NES core like puNES for some reason????
>>
>>149600482

It appears to have been a misunderstanding initially, though why seemingly no progress has been made since the rectification of that miscommunication is something I'm not privy to.
>>
>>149602707
>ANOTHER NES core like puNES for some reason????

Accuracy and a clean codebase to improve upon
>>
What are the best closed source emulators?
>>
>>149602707
At most for any given system I could see one for slow systems, one for pure accuracy, and one for enhancements. Having 10+ just because makes no reasonable sense. Like having a VBA-M core still when its been replaced in terms of speed and accuracy.
>>
>>149603375
Demul, Citra, Cemu.
>>
>>149603658
>Citra
That's not closed source though.
>>
File: smug emudev.jpg (145KB, 924x888px) Image search: [Google]
smug emudev.jpg
145KB, 924x888px
>>149603658
>Citra

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra
>>
>>149603618
VBA-M is better than mGBA in ultra fringe cases, but the ultra fringe cases are for games that matter like Final Fantasy VI on toasters.
>>
File: 1469471911830.jpg (255KB, 900x855px) Image search: [Google]
1469471911830.jpg
255KB, 900x855px
>>
>>149603375
SSF, at least until Rypheca finishes mednafen-saturn
>>
>>149604686
>but the ultra fringe cases are for games that matter like Final Fantasy VI on toasters.
What difference is there between mGBA and VBA-M in that case?

The most use you can get out of VBA/-M right now are the forks that allow for functions not yet implemented in mGBA and theoretically playing GB/GBC but who the fuck would do that when both of the current top GB emulator blow the fuck out of VBA.
>>
>>149605478
>What difference is there between mGBA and VBA-M in that case?
I have no idea, but my FX-8350 runs FF6 Advance perfectly on VBA-M, but runs as slow as molasses on mGBA. It's literally the only game this happens for, and someone on the wiki had a similar problem with no solution.
>>
None of the .cues I have for my Sega CD games seem to get any audio. I'm using retroarch with Genesis+GX.
Any advice other than to track down better cues?
>>
>>149605593
I don't think an emulator should need to work around poor purchasing choices.
>>
>>149605593
If that's the only game it's indeed very strange, would be worth dropping a bug report if you can.

>>149605597
You can download a complete pack of them on redump.org.
>>
>>149605593
>amd
>>
>>149605882
Thanks.
>>
>>149605882
Those cues won't help if your files don't match the ones on redump.

A lot of disc games rips don't separate the tracks, and just throw it in a bin file.

It should technically still work, but it definitely won't work to just swap cue files around haphazardly.
>>
>>149605597
>>149605882
>>149607417
Turns out that for some reason I had them as ISOs.
The darkwater set seems fairly complete and as .bins and .cues but would take a year to download direct. Anyone got a torrent to the set?
>>
>>149605736
There are only two CPU manufacturers in the world. Neither is a poor choice.
>>
>>149608801
I don't know where to begin to tell you how wrong you are.
>>
File: 1469272980626.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469272980626.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>149609542
>>
File: 1469482951156.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469482951156.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>149610101
Left: AMD

Right: Intel
>>
>>149610325
Tell me why Intel's iGPUs are so shit
>>
File: 1445051187388.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445051187388.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
wiki seems super fucking outdated in places

Is there any modern option for PS3 emulation?
>>
I've seen Garou emulated via RetroArch on a 3DS, but I am at a loss as for how to actually do that.

Could you give me an outline, please?
>>
File: laughing anges.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughing anges.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>149612405
modern option for PS3 emulation?

Check back in 10 years, chum
>>
>>149612405
aaaaaahahahahahaha
>>
>>149612615
Retroarch has installable .cias for Final Burn Alpha and MAME if you have a custom firmware

Why would you want to play a fighting game on the 3DS though?
>>
>>149614412
Because I want to play it on the go.

I did install the Neo Geo .cia, got a folder with 15 .rom files, and launching any of them crashes the system.
>>
File: 1423785279257.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1423785279257.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>149614284
>>149613861
damn
>>
>>149614706
.rom files?
>>
>>149614808
Hell if I know.
Emuparadise has several different downloads, which presumably have to be combined in some way, so I looked for a different download and got those 15 .rom files.
>>
>>149615203
Every arcade emulator of all time that loads arcade games loads .zips, not .roms

Neo-Geo arcade games also need a BIOS
>>
>>149615284
It'd be great if that info was in a help file or a readme or a wiki.

And where do I put the BIOS, considering retroarch doesn't have a roms folder?
>>
>>149615835
>It'd be great if that info was in a help file or a readme or a wiki.
WHAT

A

FUCKING

COINCIDENCE
>>
>>149616154
I looked. Just a list of emulators, nothing useful.
>>
>>149616259
Bullshit, I've found links to the BIOS, and where the BIOS files need to go on the wiki.
>>
>>149616418
So have I, but as I said, there is no roms folder.
>>
>>149616667
Have you tried making one?
>>
>>149616801
Yes, doesn't work.
>>
>>149617002
Have you tried going into the Retroarch settings and pointing the system/BIOS directory to the folder with your BIOS?
>>
>>149617115
Yes, can't find any such setting.
>>
>>149617293
You're not even trying anymore, are you?
>>
http://board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1196&start=20#p28683

>If you're wanting all your old posts deleted too, then you're being selfish and unreasonable. There will be giant context gaps all over the board wherever you posted.

Yet you deleted the entirety of your old board, invalidating all links to discussion threads that were hosted there. How's that for some "giant context gaps"?
>>
>>149615835
Pretty sure MAME arcade sets expect the BIOS to be in the same folder as the game. So neogeo.zip should be with mslug.zip
>>
>>149617319
I am trying, but there is no obvious option and going through them one by one crashes the console over and over again.
>>
>>149617503
Settings > Directory then it's the top option you fucking mongloid
>>
>>149617336
Why are you responding to a post on his boards here? Go there and challenge him on that. We want to see the old byuu boards.
>>
>>149617589
Don't have an account...
>>
>>149617579
It's mongoloid, numbnuts.
>>
>>149617635
So make one?
>>
>I started this project to learn how to program in C and saw the love I feel for the emulators, I said to myself "why not try?". I never thought that someone else would use the emulator other than me or that I would come to have a github account for the project.

How is it that the puNES dev is just some guy who felt like learning C and somehow it became one of the most accurate NES emus if not the most accurate?
>>
>>149617336
>although blargg left during the old forum's life, his account was imported and shows 0 posts on this forum).

What happened to blargg anyway?
>>
>>149617336
Wow anon, you sure showed him.
>>149618029
Most emulators are just random hobby projects.
>>
>>149618029
It's almost as if we should listen to actual emudevs in the past who say that it's nowhere near as accurate as people should be lead to believe.
>>
>>149618029

I should try to git gud at C too instead of wasting time on here.
>>
>>149618240
But it passes the most tests
>>
ay im looking for a basic controller for pc that also runs on android phones via bluetooth any tips?
>>
>>149618456
ePSXe also passes the most tests for the PSX

Doesn't mean it's the most accurate
>>
>>149618537
Protip: the software mode that no one uses passes the tests. The hardware mode fails a ton
>>
>>149618514
https://www.amazon.com/Tronsmart-Wireless-Controller-Gamepad-Android/dp/B00LEHQGXI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
this any good?
>>
>>149618514
Dualshock
>>
>>149569197
Pretty much can only play Picross

>>149569197
ORAS is actually really great.
>>
>>149618740
The software mode that no one uses is also glitchy as fuck and is basically unusable.
>>
>>149621567
but but it passes tests so that means its better!
>>
is there anyway to get rid of the numbers at the beginning of gba rom file names without have to rename every rom?
>>
>>149624414
how many numbers are at the beginning of each rom file?
post an example.
>>
File: numbers.png (2KB, 280x25px) Image search: [Google]
numbers.png
2KB, 280x25px
>>149624529
>>
File: rude.png (4KB, 705x45px) Image search: [Google]
rude.png
4KB, 705x45px
Is this true? That's pretty fucked up if it is.
>>
>>149624414
I like having them, it sorts everything by date.
>>
>>149624920
But I like alphabetical.

Everybody has their preference, I guess.
>>
>>149624856
It's a meme. The reality is the dev likely doesn't know how to fix the issue, and he gets salty when Pokekids pester him about it.
>>
>>149624645
>>149624414
http://hastebin.com/matawidire.dos
save this as a rnm.bat in your gba rom directory.
it will rename every zip file in the folder, so be sure that they're just gba roms with that prefix.
-rj
>>
>tfw I made a lot of people very mad by telling them the genesis emulator inside the sega smash pack on DC was not impressive and pretty shit even back when it was released
Seriously I'm still confused at what happened, never seen that much people being that mad about saying an emulator is bad
>>
>>149624645
Just use a dat manager like clrmamepro, or better yet, just download the no-intro set from archive.org.

>>149625512
this is stupid
>>
How does this collection stack up to playing them in MAME? Does this collection have known issues or inaccuracies?
>>
File: xbox-1395276244.jpg (3MB, 3120x2138px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-1395276244.jpg
3MB, 3120x2138px
>>149626754
whoops, forgot my pic
>>
>>149626624
>using clrmamepro to manage a gba romset
only autistic sperglords do shit like this.
the guy just wants to remove a prefix.
>>
File: 20160725_220430.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_220430.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
emu-only pirate fags will never EVER get to play one of the best character-action games of all time
>>
File: 1468402792812.jpg (36KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
1468402792812.jpg
36KB, 400x585px
>>149626981
>only autistic sperglords use a piece of software for its intended purpose

Those filenames are fucked up beyond that prefix, and you're assuming every file in the folder has a prefix.
>>
>>149626921
Shmupforum says it's good, they're pretty autistic about arcade perfect so I guess it's good, unless you want TATE
>>
>>149627220
sorry what does clrmamepro do?
>>
>>149624645
this one is a little safer:
http://hastebin.com/ovixeduyiw.dos

>>149627220
clrmamepro is designed for mame roms. does it even have prefix removing options?
>you're assuming every file in the folder has a prefix.
you obviously can't read a simple batch file or even the conversation very well. pls, stfu.
>>
>>149627501
You feed it a list of hashes and filename associated with those called a .DAT and it automatically checks, rename and recompress your roms, it's a pain in the ass to use though.
>>
>>149627501
>>149627697
clrmamepro can use any datfile. It can rename files however you want using info that is in the datfile.

All the no-intro and redump sets were probably made with clrmamepro.

Using a script for this is just dumb.
>>
This world is strange.
>>
>>149623046
Who makes these tests and why are they so bad?
>>
>>149627956
>using a script for this is just dumb
nah.
you're recommending some real bullshit.
using clrmamepro would probably take him more time than downloading a no-intro set, not to mention that any dat file is likely going to miss a bunch of roms.
that script will do what he asked for.
so,
yeah.
not dumb.
you're just a turbonerd who can't read properly.
>>
>>149628746
downloading a new set>clrmampro>your gay script
>>
>>149628831
DONT DOWNLOAD THE SCRIPT IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>149627215
What game is that?
>>
>>149632734
Ninja Gaiden Black
>>
Is there a way to check which shader I have loaded in RetroArch?
>>
>>149632994
yeah. it's always retroarch.cgp
>>
>>149633056
That's not a very good system.
>>
>>149632994
Quick Menu > Shaders
>>
>>149634262
I don't think it actually says the name though. or did didn't last time I used retroarch.
>>
>>149635116
It says each shader in the shader passes. Unless you're talking about shader preset, and not the shader itself.
>>
>>149635681
The presets. I assume that's what other people use most of the time.
>>
>want to collect retro games
>everything is so expensive now

welp...

I guess ill go halfway and buy a nice pvm or bvm and get a retropie.
>>
>>149636293
Raspberri Pi doesn't do 240p, if that's what you're intending to do.
>>
>>149636293
Or just get a Wii and softmod it like normal people
>>
File: 2016-07-25-1802-28-1.webm (3MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-1802-28-1.webm
3MB, 800x960px
Bump.
>>
File: 1446383865438.jpg (9KB, 110x148px) Image search: [Google]
1446383865438.jpg
9KB, 110x148px
>>149639537
>using the stylus
>clicking the buttons
Wow
>>
>>149637341
Normal people use ZSNES
>>
>>149642416
And also arent interested in retro games for any other reason than nostalgia
>>
File: 1377378862377.gif (1MB, 224x178px) Image search: [Google]
1377378862377.gif
1MB, 224x178px
>>149642416
>use RetroArch's bsnes-mercury core with glorious cutting-edge Vulkan driver
>mfw in 2016 there are still plebs using an emulator made for Pentium IIs using DirectDraw
>>
File: 1468108648782.png (860KB, 1196x896px) Image search: [Google]
1468108648782.png
860KB, 1196x896px
>>149642627
I dont know what vulkan is I just use the regular bsnes and it works
>>
>>149642627
Is vulkan hard to set up? Is it faster, or otherwise worth the bother?
>>
>>149642885
You just change the video driver. You get lower latency (it's like having GPU Hard Sync on, without the performance hit), but you're stuck with a fairly limited selection of shaders at the moment.
>>
>>149642885
If your hardware supports it, there's no necessary setup other than having the latest drivers for your card. And it is very worth it if you ask me, at least for RetroArch on Windows. It performs a lot better than the GL driver, and has no need for performance-impacting hacks like GPU hard sync for reducing input lag.
>>
>>149643059
So can you have GPU hard sync on while using Vulcan? I dont notice any perceptable input lag and my PC handles hard sync just fine so far
>>
>>149643410
I think as of the latest versions of RetroArch, the GPU hard sync option doesn't appear if you have Vulkan enabled. Just as well, as it did nothing anyway.

Anyway, the biggest improvement I saw with Vulkan over GL was how it handles outputting to a secondary monitor. With GL, I would get random stutters, and nothing I did made it go away. With Vulkan, I do not get these stutters anymore.
>>
File: 2016-07-25-1802-28-2.webm (3MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-1802-28-2.webm
3MB, 800x960px
Bump.
>>
I'm having some problems with RA mednafen psx. It seems to run fine but every once and a while, usually 30 seconds or so, it stutters a bit, and seems to lose frames. It's not really noticeable unless I'm recording, which then the effect is somehow amplified in the recording. Here is a test sample I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX2RAyA6h80
take a look at 0:38 and on.
I'm not sure what it is, I thought it was the recording software at first but then I found that using different cores/programs obs worked fine, but with different PSX games using mednafen there was a similar effect. I've been searching for answers for days no and have hit dead ends each time. I'm not sure what to do anymore.
>>
>>149643645

Hard GPU sync is not necessary with Vulkan, since you have 'Maximum amount of swapchain images' setting at your disposal.

With GL, you don't know what kind of buffering mode you are stuck with, and it's usually Nvidia/AMD forcing this at a driver level. With Vulkan, you can tell it 'give me double buffering, triple buffering, single buffering' at the API level, and if the driver obliges (in Nvidia's case they still hardforce 1 to 2, apparently G-Sync relies on at least double buffering and they don't want tearing to ever happen even if an app requests for 1).
>>
>>149647008

BTW, being able to set the buffering mode has by far the biggest impact on latency out of everything. 90 to 95% of perceivable latency issues are almost always graphics driver-related, things like audio don't factor much into the equation except by maybe 5%.

Anyway, as explained, some drivers will plain-out lie and just give you double buffering if you request single buffering, etc. This is up to the vendor.
>>
>>149647203
I JUST bought a new soundcard and it decreased the latency a little bit, so audio DOES matter.
>>
So are all games in Grandia series worth playing or should I skip first one or something?
Also what versions are the best?
>>
I cant believe it, even with the version 5 of Dolphin, Ishiiruka gives me, with the same config in the same level of Timesplitters 30 more frames.

Does it always give better performances?
>>
>>149626754
Xbox can't do 240p so avoid it if you're playing on a CRT.
>>149636293
>pvm or bvm
Don't fall for the meme my friend.
>>149647008
>Maximum amount of swapchain images
What is that exactly?
>>
>>149648574
>skip first one or something?
It's the best one. Don't skip it.
>>
>>149648574
Make sure to play it on the Saturn.
>>
>>149649762
why do that when you can play in HD on epsxe?
>>
File: 2016-07-25-1833-19-1.webm (3MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-1833-19-1.webm
3MB, 800x960px
Bump.
>>
File: 00062992.png (24KB, 370x300px) Image search: [Google]
00062992.png
24KB, 370x300px
>>149603618
No need to download the VBA-M core then, nimrod. Thats the beauty of choice. You can even download only one core per system and then all will be well with the world.
>>
>>149618029
The Mesen dev pretty much said the same thing. And it beats lines in those accuracy test.

Nes is just one of the easiest starting places since the documentation is really good. We already have a ton of good nes emulators. The new ones are basically done for shit and giggles
>>
>>149649762
>Implying anyone this site knows moonrunes
>>
>>149652694
And is there a problem in doing shit for shits and giggles?
>>
>>149653347
Not really, just kinds of overcrowd the place with similarly performing emulator that don't really have any reason to be used over one another.

If at least they tried doing something that hasn't been done at all or well it would be much more interesting.
>>
>>149652541
I am not stopping SP and friends from creating a hundred cores, each doing the same things. I am simply saying its pointless. Apparently this SIMPLE concept is too difficult for you.
>>
>>149654267
So how will you do it? Only one core per system?
>>
Not that I care too much but I can't get ParaLLEl or Mupen64+ to open any N64 games. Just instantly crashes.
>>
Similar problem.
I have a couple of files that should be Neo Geo, but RetroArch keeps crashing if I try to load them, and if I try to open them with "Detect Core", it asks me to select a core.
>>
>>149657032
I had a similar problem with file that should have been NEOGEO and they crashed on load despite the bios being in the same folder as the rom and clean, had to switch to the MAME core because both the FBA ones did that but not for every roms (name Twinkle Star Sprites worked fine, Metal Slug 3 crashed).
>>
>>149657191
MAME produces a tiny, pixelated mess that just crashes after "Loading complete", MAME 2010 produces a black screen and MAME 2014 stops at "Loading Game (73%)".
>>
>>149657550
Your rom might just be bad then.
>>
>>149657808
Apparently not.
I just got the "official" ROM from the Humble Bundle that works just fine with the bundled emulator, but produces the exact same results with RetroArch, save for MAME 2014 stopping at "Loading Complete".
>>
>>149658631
The official rom from the humble bundle is made to work with a shitty 2005 fork of MAME, get something better.
>>
>>149658980
From where?
Emuparadise's ROMs of Garou are apparently made to work with nothing at all.
>>
>>149656480
Damn, I was going to do some stuff with that core too D:
>>
>>149659392
The wiki in the OP has what you want.
>>
>>149659454
I'm just saying it's not working for me. It might work for you.
I tried both with driver set to vulkan and ogl and for some reason they just crashed.
>>
>>149659547
I downloaded several other version from the listed sites, but all of them give roughly the same non-results.
>>
>>149656480
Last time i tried paraLLEl, it worked fine. Did you install the vulkan driver?

I just recently tried the nightly build for frankenmupen and it works fine. Maybe some setting is causing it to crash fro you.
>>
>>149661449
Retroarch says I have vulkan and it seems to run other cores with the driver set to vulkan.
>>
What are the best settings to deal with the oversaturation on mGBA?
I'm color blind, so it gets kind of hard messing with that stuff.
>>
Hey guys

There's something I don't quite understand. I was told the PSP doesn't really have native support for PS1 games and it's all just proper, official emulation. Now, how accurate is this? I noticed that the PSP does emulate some games remarkably well, though maybe I'm too old and I can't remember, and FFIX specifically has some noticeable slowdowns I haven't experienced on basic, popular emulators like ePSXe.

How accurate is that? Would you use a PSP over any existing PS1 emulator -just- based on accuracy?

I mean at this point I would even play on my PS1, but that unfortunately still deals with discs.
>>
>>149663979

mednafen is more accurate than official Sony emulators. However as any reasonably competent emudev will tell you, "official" corporate emulation solutions (such as VC, POPS, etc.) are actually really amateurish bullshit for the most part, relying on emulation paradigms long abandoned by the forefront of the modern emulation community. I'm pretty sure this is because they don't even want to offer these old games in the first place.
>>
File: RetroArch-0726-142919.png (53KB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0726-142919.png
53KB, 299x224px
>>149661008
Works for me, although the FBA core gets stuck on a piracy warning screen for that game.

>>149663979
The PS1 emulator in the PSP is okay, not great like mednafen, not terrible like the PS2 POPS just okay.

A few games have occasional problems, namely games with redbook audio (you can fix it), and a few occasional games have issues not present on the real hardware (Silent Hill earrape buzzing being the only one I can remember of the top of my head).

So yeah if you don't want to bother learning anything else it's good enough, if not try mednafen/beetle PSX it's close to running everything with no visible issues.
>>
>>149664850
>>149664810
Aight, thanks. For some reason I thought the official ones would be better but I was mistaken.
>>
>>149664850
Care to break down your setup for me?
"Works for me" doesn't exactly help me replicate it.
>>
>>149665179
garou.zip and neogeo.zip in the same folder

Load Core > MAME (probably works with 2014 too)

Load file > load archive with core
>>
What are some emulation inaccuracies emu-only plebs don't notice that make them miss out on an important part of the experience that you would get on the real hardware?
>>
>>149667808
I know that Dolphin had to do a lot of work with the timing of loading stuff like in Metroid Prime in order to make speedruns work correctly.
I was playing Onimusha and with DX11 items show up over some foreground elements, meaning you can more easily find hidden items. Works fine in OGL though.
>>
>>149648702
>cant believe it, even with the version 5 of Dolphin, Ishiiruka gives me, with the same config in the same level of Timesplitters 30 more frames.
Which TimeSplitters? Because Dolphin needs a resource intensive setting enabled to correctly render coronas in TimeSplitters 3.
>>
>>149667808
There's no emulator that plays Genesis music correctly.
>>
>>149669438

Wrong. Exodus supposedly does. GPGX is close. Even the last version of Kega played it accurately enough you had to stop and listen before you'd begin noticing off sounds.

>>149667808

Nice loaded question.
>>
File: pcsxr 2013-09-28 16-25-25-66.png (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsxr 2013-09-28 16-25-25-66.png
286KB, 1920x1080px
>>149667808

Characters blending in with the backgrounds
>>
>>149654828
Not him but if that core is clearly the best and there are no edge cases where others are better then yes. Like there's no need for more than bsnes and snes9xforslowpeople as far as SNES goes.
>>
>>149670382
>Intentionally doing it at widescreen to stretch the characters and make it look like shit even to the average pleb
Clever girl
>>
>>149671165
>implying the average pleb doesn't play in widescreen
>>
Since this is kind of emulation related, would you buy a VGA to RCA converter and use it on an old TV, or buy yourself a cheap CRT Monitor? The purpose is to use RetroArch with that.
>>
>>149671436
Monitor
>>
>>149671436
I had a CRT monitor once. It snapped every time I changed the resolution. Due to me being scared of that, that's the reason I never got into PC gaming. True story.
>>
>>149671573
I used to have 3 external HDDs hooked up at all times which led to me having the hidden door on my PC always open since it had the USB ports under it. Because of this a lot of dust got into the SD card slot which I never used. So 6 years later when I wanted to use an SD card I felt I couldn't since I was afraid the slot was either already dead, or using it would push the dust in and harm the slot or the PC and get the dust all over the SD card. So I never used an SD card until I got a new PC.
>>
Alright, got Garou working on the Neo Geo core on PC.
But the same configuration on 3DS just produces a string of "ROM index 1xx was not found" errors.
>>
Best Sega cartridge console emulator - Kega Fusion?
>>
>>149674171
I like it. But I also like ePSXe (well actually no I hate it but it's the best available).
>>
>>149674974
Read the post you replied to.

>>149674171
I use GenesisPlusGX for everything except 32x which I need to use Kega-Fusion for.
>>
>>149675774

Which is fine because fuck the 32x.
>>
>>149675774
I did. I assume you think somewhere in the mess of "cartridge console emulator" it means 32x? Why didn't you just say Best 32x emulator?
>>
File: 3D-sor-08.jpg (40KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
3D-sor-08.jpg
40KB, 400x240px
So what does /emugen/ think of SEGA 3D Classics's "Classic" mode?
>>
>>149674974
You replied about a SEGA console emulator saying you use a playstation emulator.
>>
>>149676651
That was intended. I said I like Kega Fusion (a blacklisted emugen emulator) but then I said I also like ePSXe (the Satan incarnate on emugen).

So basically I'm saying I like Kega but I am not representative of emugen
>>
>>149671565
>>149671573
What about using an old LCD monitor that supports 120hz and black frame insertion?
>>
>>149677032
Ah, I see what you mean now. I understand.

There's nothing wrong with Kega though, it's just a bit outdated because the dev stopped work on it and it's closed source.

ePSSXe is bad though.
>>
>>149670382
wat game is that?
>>
>>149678932
Chrono Cross aka that game I dropped because my autism cannot handle missing characters throughout my run.
>>
>>149679209

It's shit anyway. Radical Dreamers is the real continuation of the Chrono series.
>>
Can anyone link me the Vulkan shaders for RetroArch? I've tried, but I can't do this without Pixillate anymore.
>>
>>149681808
https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders
>>
File: Untitled.png (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
313KB, 1920x1080px
wtf is this empty tab? It's rubbing my autism.
>>
>>149682482
Update your assets.
>>
>>149682613
Same thing. I'll live with it.
>>
>>149683054
Just go to your RetroArch directory, then the playlists folder, and delete the one that isn't properly showing up
>>
is there a way to patch .prx patches to isos to play in ppsspp?
>>
Does RetroArch Wii support any method of using files via SMB or anything similar?
>>
why is that reallibretro guy so angry over nothing
>>
a gamepad-only UI on PC really sucks ass. it takes 2-3 seconds to do a chain of inputs that would take me 1 second or less using kb+m.
>>
>>149685632
>why is that reallibretro guy so angry over nothing
top kek. Those end users' posts were cringeworthy
>>
File: 2016-07-25-1833-19-2.webm (3MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-1833-19-2.webm
3MB, 800x960px
bump
>>
>>149683054

Fixed in nightlies, should be fixed in 1.3.7.
>>
>>149676458
Not really good.

I mean it's better than some botched ports I've seen. But to be fair, the one thing I would love (and people would probably hate me for it) is for the sonic ports in android/iOS to be available on 3DS instead. To have widescreen sonic.
>>
>>149685632
He's always angry. Angry about emulators.
>>
>>149646967
help
>>
I have some spare PC here that I'm using no more. All that it requires is a new cooler because the one it has is broken, and a hard drive.

It's a Phenom II x4 955 with a 6850HD. I wasn't sure what to use it for, but then I came across the idea of using it for emulation.

And now I'm wondering, does this lakka thing have better performance than the same emulator on Windows? i'm thinking of just using this for emulation alone.
>>
>>149038325
The problem is likely the interrupt handling code
>>
>>149691476
Thanks
>>
>>149693861
>And now I'm wondering, does this lakka thing have better performance than the same emulator on Windows?
Not AFAIK
>>
does vulkan work on haswell on linux?
>>
>>149659392
>emuparadise
If you are using mame get them from planet-emu, it's in the wiki ffs
>>
>>149697879
hm does anyone know if mesa has intel vulkan support on archlinux? If so how do I compile retroarch with vulkan support?
>>
>>149685632
because he is likely quite unhappy of his life and is enslaved to that retroarch project
>>
>>149698067
I'm using Neo Geo, because that's what I can theoretically run on 3DS.
And I got it to work on PC, with the Humble Bundle ROM.
>>
>>149640554
>he plays picross with the d-pad

holy fucking shit I'm dying
>>
>>149699673
It's the fastest way for complex ones. I don't have to be switching between functions all the time.
>>
https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders

No GTU but it has xbr. What garbage.
>>
So the scanlines and shit, do you guys play far away enough from your monitors?

I know that it looks kinda irritating at the normal distance. I was thinking of buying a long ass DVI cable and putting my old monitor at the other side of the room.
>>
Can you play pirated games with Citra?
>>
>>149702780
Thanks for taking the time to read the wiki linked in the OP
>>
>>149671436
VGA to component transcoder and a sdtv.
>>
>>149702943
my question was not answered in the wiki
>>
>>149694186
Any chance the PPL problem is related to VI handling rather than interrupts?
>>
>>149703619
It can't now fuck off and stop asking stupid questions a five second google search can answer for you
>>
>>149703821
See wasnt that hard was it ?
>>
Ayyyy
>>
Any place where I can download more overlays? I've been using them and like the fact that I can use the original aspect ratio without ugly black borders.
>>
When will /emugen/ stop being bullied off of /vg/ by fast generals whose posters make 3 threads when one of their threads dies?
>>
>>149708419
When emugen stands up for itself and sends its emulator armies to shitpost on their gens
>>
>>149642727
What's the name of this video juego?
>>
>>149699673
D-pad + stylus is the only way to input at acceptable speeds, so unless you're a dim-witted fucking plebian that's what you'll be doing.
>>
>>149711246
Google before asking. Magical Pop'n.
>>
>>149712962
>competitive puzzle games

This isn't Tetris Attack.
>>
Which are the unibios settings to get the red blood in Metal Slug?
>>
>>149713881
I did, 4chan's normal gris seems to think using the thumbnail for the search is a good idea. Worked when done manually with the real image's url.
>>
File: 2016-07-25-1833-19-3.webm (3MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-1833-19-3.webm
3MB, 800x960px
bump
>>149712962
It's nice to sit back and just use the mouse though. Using left mouse as block and right mouse as X would be ideal, but unfortunately I can't get it working right with AHK.
>>
>>149723417
>Playing with hints on

Holy shit what a fucking plebian
>>
>>149723417
Upload a Picross cci or whatever so I don't have to decrypt it myself, and I'll take a stab at it.

A gamepad is faster and more comfy if you ask me though.
>>
>>149724813
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wecgurq229wcsuw/Picross_e5.3ds
>>
>>149703697
Can't say for sure, but I think there's a fair chance the issue is VI handling.
>>
File: RetroArch-0726-182536.png (43KB, 1278x479px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0726-182536.png
43KB, 1278x479px
>>149662683
image_adjustment.cg (in the misc folder) with luminance 0.9, saturation 0.8
You can try gba-color too but I find it to be too dark (handheld\shaders\color)
>>
My Dolphin only seems to desync netplay when I try to play Mario Kart Wii, does this happen to anyone else?

Every other game seems to netplay perfectly, but this game, seems to have me load faster than other players, what can I do?
>>
File: gba-color.png (15KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gba-color.png
15KB, 720x480px
>>149727249
Also fuck I forgot to turn interger on
>>
>>149725105
>>149723417
http://pastebin.com/r0jdfbPR

That was actually really easy. I forgot you can just press B and X to choose one, so I though I would have to do all the shit to figure out the coords of the buttons to click them.
>>
Am I retarded or is there no way to get retroarch to detect a game disc in your comps disc drive?
>>
>>149729050
Probably because playing games like that is really bad for your disc drive
>>
>>149729112
I figured I rarely use the thing anyway so why not give it a try.
>>
>>149728793
Neat, thanks.
>>
>>149726778
I kinda tried to see if rebasing against cen64's VI code would help matters, since they recently fixed PPL that way, but it's a lot harder than it looks. Doesn't help matters that cen64 appears to embed frontend code into the VI code.
>>
when is mednafen saturn going to be finished?
>>
>>149730330
It's not easy to fix. Your best bet is to either chat with marathonman / someone else who's knowledgeable about the N64's VI, or play around with the vi_current_line_reg formula.
>>
>>149731765
Septembre 03rd
>>
Will Retroarch on Android read patch .ISOs with the gamefile if they're both in the same directory? I don't have access to a computer right now and I don't feel like fucking with trying to patch roms on my phone.
>>
>>149727249
>>149727707
I don't want any GBA shader that turns whites into grey. Colors were often clearly intended to be less saturated but there's no way in hell, in any game, that white wasn't supposed to be white.
>>
>>149727249
>>149727707
Didn't the Sonic Advance games have in game options for colors for the GBP and shit.
>>
>>149738373
Shouldn't the games that have this option be used to calibrate the shaders, actually? FFTA does too.
>>
>>149739201
The devs probably just went in and manually changed the colors while looking at it on the display they were making the palette for, so probably not.
>>
A friend of mine is trying to play the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube on Dolphin, here's the problem though, he can't get past the character select, and I can't either. I'm using Dolphin 5.0, he is as well. I noticed I didn't get an ISO when I extracted both discs, I got a .gcm file, what do I do?
>>
>>149741109

Just buy the pc version nigger.
>>
>>149741279
He doesn't have any money at the moment, and I'm the one with tech knowledge, he doesn't know shit about emulation. I actually own the PC version, and a physical version of the PS3 version because it's one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>149741371
Nevermind, I guess Emuparadise's version doesn't work.
>>
>>149741371
>He doesn't have any money at the moment,

Boo hoo.
>>
File: 1375713146855.gif (2MB, 254x150px) Image search: [Google]
1375713146855.gif
2MB, 254x150px
>>149742119
That's our PHRASE OF THE DAY! you won!
>>
>>149742874
First time I've ever had a problem with a rom/ISO of their's. I'm serious.
>>
>>149743492
You gotta be one lucky motherfucker
>>
>>149743839
really? I've also rarely had a problem with their isos. pcengine ones were tricky iirc.
>>
>>149742874
>>149743839
Emuparadise is usually fine for anything that doesn't have red book audio or isn't Dreamcast. Yeah, it might be in a weird format and is more than likely scrubbed, but it shouldn't effect how it runs.
>>
>>149741279
>buy
>>
>>149597576
You forgot about vaporwave music and the Toyota Supra coming back.
>>
>>149685632

Because of bullshit like this -

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4uj6vz/whats_the_best_n64_emulator_that_supports_coop/d5s16fn
>>
>>149746864
They're right though, the UI is bad. Needs work.
>>
>>149746864
Why bother acknowledging retards on Reddit?
>>
>>149747221

And like him, you don't explain why it's bad, or what it has to look like for you to finally deem it not worthy of being 'bad', etc.

The thing is the same as any other fucking console-style UI. There is nothing 'inherently' bad about it. So how about you go about explaining what the fuck you mean by 'UI being bad' ? The onus is on you to explain what is so 'bad' about it and what 'needs work'.
>>
>>149746864
i call BS on his being a system engineer..
>>
>>149744346
Does PSX use red book audio? Those are what they're most notorious for hosting bad rips for.
>>
>>149748295
accidental trip
>>
>>149748295
Yes, it was common on most, if not all, CD based systems, though probably more than half of games don't use it at all on PS1.

>>149748295
I actually wasn't going to respond thinking you were some new tripfaggot
>>
>>149745857
vaporwave never left, it just faded into the background for a bit
>>
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OpenGL-2016-NVIDIA-Driver

Does this mean anything for shaders on Vulkan?
>>
>>149752594

I think it's an unwelcome addition since once again it increases the risk that developers are going to write against Nvidia-provided extensions instead of doing it in a vendor-agnostic way. The argument as always is that others could implement it as well, but just like with EGLStreams, nobody but Nvidia actually wants this stuff and implements it.

SPIRVCross is already something that maister himself maintains, I am not sure of the need for an extension like this when a Khronos/ARM-sanctioned project already exists.
>>
>>149731765
There are no finished emulators.
>>
>>149742119
Go to the need games page in the wiki. There is a full NA dump of all GC titles.
>>
ded
>>
>>149761931
I've been gone for 3 hours and there's been one post. Send help.

Someone tell me how to get Dolphin working with 4 VBAs for 4swords.
Someone else tell me where I can torrent every Sega CD game from.
>>
>>149763147
But we were still dead.
>>
>>149763147
>Someone tell me how to get Dolphin working with 4 VBAs for 4swords.
I don't think it's still stable enough to work even on the latest version.

>Someone else tell me where I can torrent every Sega CD game from.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0e5ef752f78ccd368580467ed26edf2435ca1911
>>
>>149746864
he went full autistic on me the other day and i had to deconstruct some of his retarded projection.

he deals with so many retards that he subconsciously reads into things that aren't being said.
>>
>>149747357
No it's not. The UI is shitty.

Bam. I've absolutely no desire to explain or figure out why and there's absolutely nothing you pussy developers can do about it except cry on reddit about how frustrated you are that nobody wants to help you improve your shitty product that most people can't be ass'd to use.
>>
What Genesis emulator should I get?
>>
>>149766182

I thought the UI was fine. SP is still a nut though.
>>
>>149763147
>>149765610

Maybe people would be more willing to post if you all weren't such noxious shitheads to deal with on anything more than a passing query.
>>
Playing MyBoy on android.

What's the best filter for Game Boy Advance, /emugen/? HQ2x or Scanlines?
>>
>>149766182
As far as controller based UI's go it's tip top but it's automatically shit to you because muh WIMP.

I'm surprised no one has made a shitty qt5 gui to shut you faggots up once and for all.
>>
>>149767673

According to one of SP's little mental jags the entire RA code base is not programmed with shit like QT or GTK or what-have-you in mind. Pretty sure that'll be a problem.
>>
>>149767870
As far as win32 goes it already has a menubar all someone needs to do is add all the settings to it.
>>
>>149766645
Doesn't really matter that much right now just get Kega or GPGX (no 32X on GPGX though) if you want the main choices but a few others are notable like Regen, Blastem and Exodus, the first two allow for emulation of an overclocked Genesis (less slowdown in games but some breakage is possible) the last one aims for cycle accuracy but can only play genesis and not any of the addons.

Picodrive for anything very low power.

>>149767667
>he paid 5 bucks for reskinned VBA
>>
>>149768478
Didn't paid actually, downloaded apk off net. Please give me an answer.
>>
>>149768643
Oh ok then, whatever you think looks best for you, I'd use scanlines provided it's not too shit and nothing if it is but that's just me.
>>
>>149768737
Thanks, man. HQ2x just looks so out of place and weird as shit.
>>
>>149766645
Genesis Plus GX is pretty good.

>>149765994
Thanks for that. Couldn't find a torrent anywhere.
>>
>>149769350
>>149765994
Ah, I thought this was the torrent I found before. It's got the games as .isos rather than .bins and for some reason that messes up the sound emulation. The games will play but with no background music.
>>
Which cards are generally better for emulation? Nvidia or AMD? I will either get 480 or 1060. Will mostly play PS2 games and alike.
>>
>>149769626
Nvidia if you want to do PS2.
>>
>>149769626
>>149769754
Nvidia if you want to avoid a bunch of little quirks with a bunch of little things that are similar to opengl PCSX2 with an AMD card.
>>
>>149769491
.iso is only the data and no audio. It should be bin/cue for games with audio tracks.
>>
File: fewfwfw43234f.jpg (19KB, 165x250px) Image search: [Google]
fewfwfw43234f.jpg
19KB, 165x250px
help how do I fix this shit in PCSX2 Persona 4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBj9OLbilXo
>>
>>149769626
Yeah go with Nvidia, I'd rather not have to recommend them but if you're seriously gonna do PS2 then they're the only real choice right now.
>>
>>149770495
That's what I'm saying. That pack comes as isos, wavs and cues and therefore doesn't necessarily play correctly.
>>
>>149770550
Good question. Not something I ever came across.
Check the PCSX2 wiki to see if its a known problem that people have fixes for. Otherwise, mess with the hacks I guess. What renderer are you using? Show your settings.
>>
>>149770610
Then you're in for the pain of cyberlocker
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3794418997&uk=2719091656

Grab Jdownloader2 (the forum builds not the main install unless you like adware) you're gonna need it.
>>
>>149770696
everything is set to default, apart from the widescreen hack, but I had the same issue before using it
also, i'm rendering at 6X the normal resolution, but that doesn't change anything
>>
>>149771118
OGL, DX9/10/11? Try changing those and see if it changes anything.
>>
>>149767673
The current plan is to use a C port of byuu's Hiro/Phoenix for a native UI
>>
>>149771160
if I change those I have other more annoying issues.
only DX11 works well
>>
>>149771468
Unfortunately with PS2 emulation it tends to be the case that you need per-game fixes rather than having one thing that just works. Use what's best for the game you're currently playing.
Are you using the latest devbuild or an old stable?

Remember to submit a bug report. It may get fixed in future if you do.
>>
File: gwrt4yrw.jpg (26KB, 263x416px) Image search: [Google]
gwrt4yrw.jpg
26KB, 263x416px
>>149771567
Latest one.

I'm going to and thanks anyway.
>>
how do I take a 16:9 screenshot of a 4:3 game that has been hackes to be widescreen?
everytime I take one it snaps back to 4:3 even if I'm emulating it a 16:9
>>
>>149771696
I think I played it on 1.2.1 and the only problems I had were with reflective type enemies like the gold hands and some stuff in later dungeons. What's your graphics card, etc?
Does it happen all the time or just in certain scenes?
>>
>>149772001
Use another screenshot program. I use Sharex.
>>
>>149772047
GTX 1080, i5 4690k, 16 gigs of ram.
It usually happens when there's fog or if it's raining.
I thought it might be a certain rain and fog texture that causes that.
>>
>>149772215
Odd. I played it on my "gaming" laptop with AMD radeon.
>>
This is so true

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4uhg7i/how_accurate_are_emulators/d5qzdvu
>>
>>149773169
Wow, it's like emugen posters except long-winded
>>
>>149773169
>Porting is just inherently more lossy than emulation (even bad emulation in many cases).

Ports can also be superior to their originals
>>
>>149774563
Emulation can also implement features not present in the original.
>>
File: retroarch wimp gui.png (32KB, 476x588px) Image search: [Google]
retroarch wimp gui.png
32KB, 476x588px
>>149747357
It isn't this
>>
>>149774817
I won't stop thinking this is horrible in comparison with the current UI. It's oversaturated with shit.
>>
>>149775171
The current UI has just as many options. The difference is it doesn't show enough per screen so you have to be constantly scrolling to get to the options you want. I want everything related to video on one screen or at least two, audio the same, etc.
>>
>>149775634
Eh, I'd rather scroll through. I know these are the same options but shit it's almost like you couldn't pack any more in. Another issue is defaults, which can be set by using the start button.
>>
>>149776180
I'd rather have them all on one screen. Differences, differences.
>>
>>149774817
Fug that actually looks good
>>
Does anyone else have a problem with the framerate unlimit option on PJ64 not allowing you to turn the framelimit back to normal?
>>
Where do you guys go to get your games?
>>
>>149780176
Wiki, search need games?
>>
>>149780176
Don't make it so blatantly obvious that you didn't read the OP
>>
>>149779808
I have the Project64 problem with Project 64
Its a shitty unstable emulator m8, restart to see if it fixes the problem
>>
I have some questions with the SCP wrapper if someboy has experience with that.

The thing with the wrapper is that in device manager there will always be a 360 controller there, regardless whether the ds3 is on or off. This can get annoying because I play with an arcade stick once in a while which also is recognized as a 360 pad, but this one will always get recognized as player 2 when I want it to player 1 and obviously there's no software on my PC that can change this. The "advanced" option in the controller settings doesnt work.

So I turned off my ds3 and removed the 360 device, and then tried to connect the stick and it's still recognized as player 2.

The thing is that the SCP wrapper still connects with the ds3 via bluetooth, but if I remove the 360 device in control panel it wont work

Really annoying. Anyone has any experience with this? It's obviously not a problem if you only use the one and same gamepad every time, but I switch it up sometimes
>>
>>149780334
It might be the build I have. I might update. It's a bit crap but that's N64 emulation for you. Once games start to run on PJ at least they seem to work.
>>
>>149780418
>Once games start to run on PJ at least they seem to work
lol

The latest "stable" release has completely random fatal memory crash and audio fuckups even on the default setting in games like Kirby and Turok
>>
>>149780348
Make a shortcut to disable the SCP service.

Alternatively there's a shortcut that allows you to disconnect the emulated x360 pad by pressing several buttons for a certain period of time but I don't remember what it is exactly or if it works with every version.
>>
>>149780542
Ah. Well at least it runs puzzle league I suppose :^]
>>
>>149627215
>tfw no ninja gaiden 2 at 1080p with no fps drops

I can't wait until HEUG/360 emulation even if it takes 10+ years
>>
I just opened a couple of issues on the PCSX2 github. Felt like I gave an alright amount of info. Gave screenshots and video of what was up and what was wrong as well as my specs.

Got back: Github issue tracker is only used for maintaining valid and detailed bug reports, personally I suggest making your bug report on the forums , bug squad members will push it to the Github issue tracker if the issue is valid. Thanks.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/wiki/How-to-create-useful-and-valid-issues

Well that's clearly a lot of extra work for a pleb end user like me to go to. I guess I'll report these on the forums but they really want that much detail? Other Githubs I've reported to before have been happy enough with images or video and a brief description.
>>
>>149781356
Don't need to be too long

Specs
Version used
Last known good version if applicable
Small description or video

takes 5 minute, if it's a GSdx issue you can always try your luck into the GSdx thread, if Gregory gets interested in your issue it will likely be fixed fast(ish)
>>
>>149781915
I did everything there except version used but that was in the video anyway.
>>
>>149782159
Just copypaste your report in the bug reporting section of the PCSX2 forum then, probably had to force it that way because retarded endusers.
>>
Someone needs a "VISION" for an emulator
>>
>>149769754
>>149770237
>>149770603
Whats so bad about AMD in PCSX2?
>>
>>149782975
It's about on par with intel igpus on OGL hardware mode if that gives you any idea.
>>
>>149782975
Bad OGL 4.x support and the OGL plugin being vastly better compatibility and buglessness wise

AMD is way slower and has more problems using the very same plugin with the very same setting right now.
>>
>>149783561
>>149783639
Oh, i know that the OGL driver is shit. Didnt know people use OGL novadays in PCSX2.
>>
>>149780548
Thanks
L1+R1+Home button disconnects the controller
But device is still connected or registered as connected somehow on the PC so every other controller I connect is registered as player 2 which is just weird

According to the dev it's a bug https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/issues/98

So I guess we just have to wait. I havent really found out how to disable the scp service, I try to open the service application in the folder but nothing happens

I'm using the scptoolkit
>>
>>149783910
It's also now the most accurate plugin though
>>
>>149784340
Don't use toolkit if you can the older driver is way less terrible in general.
>>
>>149656480
Make sure you dont have any shaders on, it caused mupen64 to crash for me on multiple versions of ra
>>
>>149784690
I have no choice. I tried using the older one but I couldn't get the bluetooth driver to work so I was told to use the toolkit and it worked instantly.
>>
>>149785145
I don't use shaders. Thanks though. I tried updating the cores today and they still didn't work.
>>
>>149784340
Also I think the problem is unfixable basically.
The PC recognizes the first controller that's connected to it after a reboot and remembers it forever until the next reboot and will always recognize it as player 2. It's not like consoles at all. I don't think anyone can fix it
>>
File: tetris.jpg (171KB, 1024x869px) Image search: [Google]
tetris.jpg
171KB, 1024x869px
This might not be the right place for this, so please forgive me if it's not. But I've got some questions about RetroPie and the likes.

A while ago a co-worker hooked me up with Open EMU and more Roms than one could ever play for a wide arrangement of consoles.

A little while ago I grabbed a PI3 and set it up with RetroPie and most of the Roms.

But it seems that a large portion of them are not configured for the cores that RetroPie uses. About 2/3 of the Roms' Including some whole consoles worth won't run or often even launch.

Is there any way to tell what Roms are compatable with RetroPie so I can isolate them into a curated compilation?

Alternatively. Is there any way I could get RetroPie to use the OpenEMU cores so it could run the whole library?
>>
>>149785560
player 1*
>>
>>149785560
Try stopping the SCP DSx service in control pannel>administrative tools>service
>>
>>149785862
I got it working finally! I installed the latest beta driver which fixed it all. When I disconnect the ds3 now it's also removed from the device manager and when i plug in my stick it's now automatically player 1

Fucking finally. Hopefully the beta toolkit is stable elsewhere

thanks a lot for your input
>>
>>149785586

1. OpenEmu is pathetic overrated garbage, and its devs are more frontend devs. They cannot write emulator code themselves.

2. OpenEmu is Objective-C only garbage. Won't ever be useful outside of Apple trash.

3. Stop using garbage like OpenEmu.

4. Stop using this channel here. You pollute it.
>>
i hated launchbox until i started using it recently.
It is by fart the coolest fe out there now. too bad it's not entirely free.
someone should crack it.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (262KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
262KB, 800x800px
>>149787859
>>
>>149779808
No. What OS are you using? What version are you using?
>>
>>149787859
That's delightful.

You know what functions?

Open emu
>>
>>149780542
>The latest "stable" release has completely random fatal memory crash and audio fuckups even on the default setting in games like Kirby and Turok
That's only if you use a crappy audio plugin. Fixed Audio timing is garbage in most games.
>>
>virtual jaguar can't emulate Iron Soldier
Why even live
>>
>>149789196
Some 2.3 build I got from EmuCr. I'm on Win10.
>>
Is there a good way to get profiles for games in pcsx2? Like a program that remembers settings for certain games.
>>
>>149787859
At this point it has to be SP himself shilling his shitty frontend and trashing other shitty front ends. That is the only explanation why Retroarch gets any play here.
>>
>>149789682
>I'm on Win10.
Must be related to win10 i guess. Do you have any idea which build is the first one for this to happen to you?
>>
File: 1441975926321.png (380KB, 646x588px) Image search: [Google]
1441975926321.png
380KB, 646x588px
>>149789682
>I'm on Win10.
Enjoy
>>
>>149789818
yes. there are a few for windows.
none of them are good
>>
>>149789924
First build I've every used. It's 2.3.0.9999
>>
>>149789861
Yes, it must be a conspiracy that people talk about RA rather than any plausible reason.

It's not like it has any technical merits or anything, that's impossible.
>>
>>149787859

This would be why your General never gains much traction, gentlemen. If I wanted this horseshit I'd go literally anywhere else on 4chan.
>>
>>149791340
Do you enjoy hugboxes? Then return to yours. This is a hatebox.
>>
>>149789446
Pray tell, what is an audio plugin that isn't garbage?
>>
>>149791510

>This is a hatebox.

Oh god the cringe.
>>
File: maximum over cringe FEDORATIME.jpg (395KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
maximum over cringe FEDORATIME.jpg
395KB, 1280x959px
>>149792008
>>
File: 1443751237868.jpg (145KB, 728x330px) Image search: [Google]
1443751237868.jpg
145KB, 728x330px
>>149792008
Do you like curray, emugen?
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (88KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
88KB, 800x600px
>>149793406
Yes. I haven't made it in a while though.
>>
>>149791340

Go fuck yourself you punkass faggotass bitch.
>>
>>149791891
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/12fM450b/file.html it still crap, but better than most. The audio sounds decent when you disable FAT for most games.
>>
Sure is shitposty in here. But I guess shitposting is a necessary evil to keep a thread alive.
>>
>>149794565
How is it better than Jabo's? Just wondering.
>>
>>149794836
>But I guess shitposting is a necessary evil to keep a thread alive.
Just let it die if there's nothing to say.
>>
>>149794906
no crackling in most games.
>>
>>149646967
Turn on the cache CD into RAM option to avoid stalls due to hard drive seek delays.

Warning: this puts the whole disc into RAM, so memory usage is greatly increased. Also considerably increases the startup load time since it has to copy the whole disc into RAM.
>>
>>149794028

You're so manly Anon. Tell me how powerful you are. I'm fucking wet just thinking about what a wigger you are.
>>
File: 1460462612342.jpg (54KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
1460462612342.jpg
54KB, 349x344px
Looks like the NX should be easy to emulate.
>>
>>149797883

But will anybody care? Nintendo hasn't produced any hardware I find compelling since the DS (even that had the fuck-horrible touch control gimmick).
>>
>>149798074
>But will anybody care?
It's Nintendo, so emudevs will.
>>
>>149794906
>>149794565
I use shunyuan's. I hear it's pretty good.
>>
>>149799318
Last I heard it no longer works on newer builds of Project64 for some reason.
>>
i want to emulate psx games on my phone is it possible?
>>
>>149800609
Yes.
>>
>>149801062
ok what do i use
>>
>>149801195
Read the OP.
>>
File: skorpius-1.jpg (509KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
skorpius-1.jpg
509KB, 1024x768px
Going to ask this again.

A great many of my thousands of Roms don't work at all with my RetroPie.
Is there:
1. Any way to tell which ones are compatible without launching them individually so I can curate them?

2. Any way to get RetroPie to use the cores from Open EMU where every last rom works?
>>
>>149799950
There needs to be a way to automatically identify regressions and notify the programmer creating them as he or she is doing so.
>>
>>149802509
Download No-Intro and ReDump exclusively.
No.
>>
Hey guys, I need more emulator friends. Add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889/groups/
>>
>>149804094

You Bastard.
>>
I noticed that RetroArch bakes all the UI text right into the code instead of using external text files so things can be translated quickly. Are their any reasons for this?
>>
>>149804094
Stop being creepy. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>149804368
probably because you touch yourself at night
>>
File: 2016-07-27_14-46-19.png (126KB, 435x459px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-27_14-46-19.png
126KB, 435x459px
>>149804094
:/
>>
>>149804094
>Currently In-Game: Source Filmmaker
>>
>>149804094

Guys help. I can't find any options in PGXP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CTjfn1JVv4
>>
>>149803950
>Still using torrents
>In the year of our Lord 2016
>>
>>149804727
>Source Filmaker
>1,345 hrs on record
Jesus fucking christ, what the fuck does he even do you can't tell me he spent all that time making bad krystal porn
>>
>>149804867
>not knowing about archive.org
>falling for the torrent FUD
>>
File: Untitled.png (91KB, 622x968px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
91KB, 622x968px
is there some way i can set this up so the NDS emulator blow for me when i press a key on my keyboard?

i'm not going to get gold in this unless i find some way around this problem of not being able to blow
>>
>>149805768
nevermind, figured it out, using a hotkey to play an audio sample through the emulator's mic
>>
>>149802509

> Going to ask this again.

Going to ask you again to stop asking stupid questions.

OpenEmu is Mac-only shit. Objective-C, OSX 10.11 only shit at that.

RetroPie is a Linux distro running RetroArch + cores + EmulationStation + some other stuff + plus some standalone emus.

OpenEmu is never coming out on anything but Mac, and OpenEmu isn't all that impressive anyway.

The problem likely exists between the keyboard and the user.
>>
File: sp.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sp.webm
1MB, 640x360px
I've only ever played super mario world.

Which other mario games are good?
>>
>>149807846
http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_(series)#Main_games
>>
>>149807019
Sounds like open emu shat in someone's cereal.

No one asked a question about open emu.
The question was about getting Roms to work on Retro Pie.

How bout taking your little grudge and getting lost?
>>
>>149803950
Could you elaborate on what those do/ how they work?
>>
>>149805768

There were quite a few people in Orlando that could teach you a thing or two about giving a good blow.

Until recently.
>>
>>149808437

You're still not actually listening to what I'm telling you.

"2. Any way to get RetroPie to use the cores from Open EMU where every last rom works?"

This question is somethign only a retard would ask if you are familiar with Objective C and how tied it is to the Apple platforms. I.e. forget about question 2, it is a plain-out NO, NEVER.
>>
>>149808584
They're just game dumps that are verified by multiple people.

He's saying the problem might be your games, which may or may not be the case.
>>
>>149807019

Do niggers tongue your anus Anon? Is that why you're such a fucking faggot to deal with all the time?
>>
>>149799950
Works on 2.3.0.9999. Haven't tried anything newer or older.
>>
>>149805097
Not all sets are on archive.org
>>
>>149809526

True. I had to source my MegaCD Redump set from some weird Russian streaming TV pirate site. And I had to outright torrent the TruRip PCEngine collection from RUTracker.

Thank Jesus they weren't all that strict on Torrent etiquette like seed ratios, because I had not one fucking clue what the hell I was doing.
>>
>>149809526
There is for the systems that you're going to be playing on retropie.
>>
>>149810082

Also a very valid point.
>>
>>149810082
I'm not retropieguy. Wouldn't use anything but A FUCKING PEECEE for emulation
>>
File: RUFEMV-5.png (2MB, 1748x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RUFEMV-5.png
2MB, 1748x1080px
does putting isos on an ssd improve load times? this game has a lot of them.
>>
>>149811534
No.
>>
>>149811534
Unless your HDD is bogged down loading a bunch of other data then no. I store my Roms and ISOs on a NAS and I cant tell the difference between being on that or a SSD.
>>
>>149808717
And you're getting awfully hung up on a secondary throw-away question because of your blinding grudge.

(I'm sorry about what Open EMU did to your family)
>>
Should I avoid CD playstation 2 games if possible? Just ran into my first one.
>>
>>149812868

OpenEmu raped his dog, you insensitive prick!
>>
>>149813153
I can tell.

But if his dog can get over it, he should be able to as well
>>
>>149803950
Do no-intro and ReDump have different stuff or can i just stick to no-intro?

Also, Does this include Arcade titles?
>>
>>149815194
No-Intro = Cartridges
ReDump = Discs
>Arcade titles
Get the MAME set for that.
>>
>>149815469
>>149815194

Keep in mind that Redump will not suffice for PCEngine games and that No-Intro notably lacks any Intellivision or Atari 2600 ROMs.

Just an FYI.
>>
Castlevania keeps freezing up on me in nestopia. Seems to happen if I take damage and there's too many objects on screen at once. Is this an emulator problem or a Castlevania problem? I'm guessing it's a Castlevania problem.
I can almost beat Level 5. Everything is now perfect up to the boss who I could beat if I didn't keep getting these freezes when I'm on a roll.
>>
>>149817650
Try playing the Rev A ROM of Castlevania. It may have fixed that bug
>>
>>149790590
Where can I find them?
>>
>>149816387
>Atari 2600 ROMs.
There's a community made set that is free and easily accessible at
http://www.atarimania.com/rom_collection_archive_atari_2600_roms.html
>>
>>149811534
No but it helps with stuttering. Uncap the frame rate to improve load times.
>>
File: V4qotpc.png (653KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
V4qotpc.png
653KB, 1920x1080px
>>149818127
OK. I'll have a look for one. Finally beat Death in the end. Bring on Dracula.
>>
>>149815469
>No-Intro = Cartridges

Then why won't they cover the 2600?
>>
>>149820389
I think it's going to take a while to get to dracula. Stairs+Birds+Igor=Me dead a lot.
>>
>>149815469
>>149816387
Thats perfect, I'll just need some Very select pickings from ReDump then.

>MAME set
I think i might already have that actually, and not have to replace any.

>>149816387
>intellivision
Dont care
>2600
Well theres a bummer, but the 52 and 78 ought to be sufficient for a while.

>>149818250
Aaaaaaand, forget it, this is golden, thanks everyone.
>>
File: wat do.png (10KB, 671x96px) Image search: [Google]
wat do.png
10KB, 671x96px
I've never emulated PSX before

Um... what do I do with multi track stuff?

Are the tracks like discs?

Do I put them in a playlist?

wat do
>>
>>149823436
Just load the CUE file.
>>
>>149823436
Also, where in RetroArch do I put the BIOS?
>>
>>149562061
Is there a way to make my PC remain in 'active mode' by my gamecube controller adapter? My adapter works within the emulators and games I'm playing, but my computer goes to the screensaver every 5 minutes unless I jiggle the mouse. Is there a way for my computer to recognize the gamecube controller as an input that will keep the computer 'activated'?
Also, my computer doesn't give the option for the computer to not go to screensaver for more than 5 minutes, only to not go to sleep, so I can't do that either.
>>
File: 1459786008891.png (220KB, 557x411px) Image search: [Google]
1459786008891.png
220KB, 557x411px
>>149804094
>tfw you'll never be friends with murdlord but this guy is
>>
>>149824687
Either an Xinput wrapper or just deactivating the screen saver/shutdown
>>
>>149804739
What the fuck?
>>
>>149825018
are you really envious of the_randomizer?
why do you want to be friends with mudlord?
>>
>>149804727
>>149804965
>Jesus fucking christ, what the fuck does he even do you can't tell me he spent all that time making bad krystal porn

Pretty sure that's all he does
>>
>>149823505
So, I'm on RetroArch 1.2.2., and I have the BIOS in the system folder, and nothing will boot up. No error. Just a black screen.
>>
>>149827561
>1.2.2

WHY
>>
>>149827656
I tried the latest and my GBA saves wont load
>>
>>149827773
How come?

Don't use 1.2.2
>>
where can I find dos games?
>>
>>149832556
They just didn't

idk but gba saves seem to be very emulator specific

also, what exactly is bad about 1.2.2?
>>
>>149833305
>also, what exactly is bad about 1.2.2?
>also, what exactly is bad about Windows XP?
>>
>>149833305
Nothing but the latest builds are better.
What gba core are you using? You are probably using old ass vba before it changed save type. use the mGBA core.
>>
>>149834060
I am using mGBA

I have no idea
>>
>>149833583
>>also, what exactly is bad about Windows XP?
It doesn't tell MS every single word you type
>>
>>149834234
Even though they use the same save type, each version of mGBA I try (1.2.2, 1.3.6, Standalone) doesn't carry over the saves.

halp
>>
>>149835732
copypaste the 1.2.2 mGBA core into your 1.3.6 install
>>
>>149834060
Here's the thing: once a hard save type is established it must never be changed. Because saves are hours of people's lives accumulated into a file. You cannot stop supporting them. Or you destroy those hours.
>>
>>149836194
There's a save converter.
>>
>>149835732
What happens if you try to load the save in mGBA standalone?
>>
>>149836590
The save just isn't there

Like, in Aria, all the files just say "NEW GAME"
>>
>>149836193
tried

still no file

this is pretty weird
>>
>>149836639
Did you change the extension .sav when you tried that?

I bet mGBA changed the way it detected save types and it changed the format for that game, even if it worked before. Take the core from 1.2.2 and rename it mgba_old keeping it alongside the newer one and only use it for that game as long as you want that save.
>>
>tfw revo k101 doesn't do snes
It would be the perfect device
>>
>>149836918
Oh Iiiiii think I know, have you tried making a save with the new version and renaming your old to the new one and replacing the new one with your old one.
>>
>>149837319
you know what im just gonna play sotn
>>
>>149837193
The GBA has some low-end SNES emulators
>>
File: tagteam_a.png (4KB, 240x256px) Image search: [Google]
tagteam_a.png
4KB, 240x256px
>>
>>149833121
help
>>
Are there any Genesis emulators that support overclocking?
>>
File: wizdfire_a.png (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
wizdfire_a.png
28KB, 320x240px
>>
>>149841181
abandonware

i dunno where else

but you can get some good games that are abandonware
>>
>>149833121
Check the wiki nerd
>>
>>149833583
>Implying Windows XP is bad
>>
what's up with this new pcem unofficial thingy?
>>
>>149841181
Look for the eXoDOS collection. It's on archive.org
>>
>>149812973
Bump.
>>
>>149846890
Why avoid them?
>>
>>149847140
I just figured they'd be worse than DVDs for some reason.
>>
>>149847428
They are kind of worse in that people usually fuck up ripping CDs, but if a game is on CD and you want to play it, then what are you going to do?
>>
File: 1461305321735.jpg (73KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
1461305321735.jpg
73KB, 800x751px
>>149825018
>tfw you will never be friends with mudlord
>or SP
>or byuu
>or fox_sodomizer
>or racheal
>etc

feels good mane
>>
>>149848206
Well the Euro edition is on a dvd for whatever reason.
>>
>>149848436
You should probably go with the CD
>>
>>149848512
why? just curious.
>>
>>149848696
It's usually best to avoid Europe versions simply because they usually run at 50fps.
>>
File: wtf.png (225KB, 650x680px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
225KB, 650x680px
>>149826574
You are not missing out on anything.
>>
>>149848768
interesting. thanks.
>>
>>149738373
Nope, the only game I've seen that in is Minish Cap
>>
Any way to get gba-color to work in retroarch wii? Also how can I make it output in true 240p?
>>
>>149849370
Well I know Sonic Advanced 3 does anyway.
>>
File: it'sadvancenotadvancedbtw.webm (2MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
it'sadvancenotadvancedbtw.webm
2MB, 240x160px
>>149850365
>>
File: 1455643302559.webm (442KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1455643302559.webm
442KB, 480x320px
>>149851336
L+R
>>
>>149851812
How? L or R on the title screen?
>>
>>149851812
Oh fuck I had gba-colors on when making that.

oops
>>
File: 1441498547585.webm (476KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1441498547585.webm
476KB, 480x320px
>>149851862
L and R on the title screen
>>
>>149852025
I'll be fucked. So should we be playing with player or sp?
>>
>>149852163
Probably GBP. SP seems saturate it more for some reason.
>>
>>149807846
Nearly all of them are good. But mario 3 is the best.
>>149817650
What emulator. I've never had a freeze in castlevania across multiple emulators.
>>
can citra full speed oot yet?
>>
>>149823784
Go to the wiki and look at the page on bioses. They go in system, there's a link to download all the ones you need.
>>
File: GBA Colors - Minish Cap.png (285KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
GBA Colors - Minish Cap.png
285KB, 960x960px
>>149849370
Forgot about that. Made a new comparison image.
Should've went with 2x, but oh well.
>>
>>149859428
GBA dark looks pretty good, but how are we supposed to know which is intended? Minish Cap came out after the SP did, but it's so bright that it seems to me they targeted the original GBA. I'm torn
>>
>>149854396
NEStopia. I've upgraded to a revision A rom now though. It's likely a game problem rather than an emulator problem.
>>
>>149859428
NDS-colors is always my favorite in these comparisons.
>>
>>149807846
SM64/Sunshine/Galaxy(1/2)
SMB3 is good, but I played SMW first so I never could fully enjoy it.

Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi games are really good for jrpgs.

Everything else is pretty much dogshit.
>>
>>149807846
-Platformers: 1, 3, Yoshi's Island, SM64, Galaxy 1/2, New Super Mario Bros (DS)
-RPGs: SMRPG, Paper Mario 1 and TTYD, M&L Superstar Saga, Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, Paper Jam
-Others: Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Mario Tennis (N64 and GBA)
>>
>>149857186
I don't think it has dynarec yet.
>>
ded
>>
File: 1453754383525.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453754383525.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>
>>149789446
>Fixed Audio timing is garbage in most games.
It's a crucial accuracy feature. It was completely broken in PJ64 2.1 and 2.2, BTW. A number of games have incorrect timing and DMA errors without Fixed Audio Timing. It should not be turned off unless absolutely necessary.
>>
Hey emugen.

For a while I've been using RetroArch with this one secondary monitor I have here. It's an old ass LCD monitor, one of the first with a 120hz refresh rate. Black frame insertion, while making things darker of course, is fucking delicious but resource intensive.

Anyways, seeing as performance is variable between cores and shaders, since I'll be playing far away from this display, should I use a lower resolution than native? Am I going to have issues by using a resolution of 1280x800 with specific shaders?
>>
>>149865847
What game?
>>
>>149867141
World Rally Fever
>>
All of these color for GBA filters won't fix how bad some ports are
>>
>>149867861
If you mean SNES to GBA ports, then obviously you shouldn't play those.
>>
>>149869142
I didn't even like Tales of Phantasia but god damn that port was dreadful

And the official sonic 1 port.
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1252794

"How exactly do you think Microsoft is locking down the PC to make it a closed platform?

There are two programming interfaces for Windows and every app has to choose one of them. Every Steam app - every PC game for the past few decades - has used Win32. It's been both responsible for the vibrant software market we have now, but also for malware. Any program can be a virus. Universal Windows Platform is seen as the antidote to that. It's sandboxed - much more locked down. The risk here is that, if Microsoft convinces everyone to use UWP, then they phase out Win32 apps. If they can succeed in doing that then it's a small leap to forcing all apps and games to be distributed through the Windows store. Once we reach that point, the PC has become a closed platform. It won't be that one day they flip a switch that will break your Steam library - what they're trying to do is a series of sneaky maneauvres. They make it more and more inconvenient to use the old apps, and, simultaneously, they try to become the only source for the new ones."

SP the modernday prophet.
>>
>>149869231

>Doesn't like ToP

So, you hate fun.
>>
>>149870532
You think I'd be shitposting here if I didn't
>>
>>149870520

Hell, I'm fully convinced Apple is going to do that with macOS Sierra. Why wouldn't Microsoft?
>>
>>149870629

Yes. Most 4chan users notoriously have no life.
>>
>>149870649

What was all this talk about MS keeping the PC 'powerful' and 'open' eh by MS koolaid drinking cum guzzling faggots?
>>
>>149870520
Been seeing this shit for a while.

I don't think it'd be at all profitable. There's a fuckton of titles only compatible with windows -and- only available on Steam. Basically you push steam users somewhere else, they're losing a good chunk of their library unless they only play indie games. Many people only want Windows so they get support for their library, and losing it would push people away so fast they couldn't even see it.

Also there have been several smear campaigns against microsoft's new controversial product. The whole deal with them deleting game files. Shit doesn't just happen unless Windows defender detects a file as a false positive, which would probably be one of those fucking cracks. I wouldn't doubt if years down the line steam would work just the same, maybe under a different user interface because the current one has been kept for fucking years now.
>>
>>149870765

No clue. It's pretty obvious what their new CEO's game plan is- look at his past experience. He's from the realm of the Software Services industry. That's MBA-speak for "I'm going to meddle and interfere and fingerfuck with the way software is built, deployed, and maintained [on Windows]". New Microsoft does not care about hardware. I would not be surprised if they discontinue or spin off anything that focuses too much on it.

That includes the XBOX and Surface, BTW.
>>
>>149870956

I'm pretty sure former tech titans do stupid shit out of greed all the time: look at IBM.
>>
>>149871413
Whatever the case, if this is the way they're going then people will just move away. With this move, devs will follow. It's true that right now though it's not working too well.
>>
Windows 7 for life

Fuck DX12
>>
>>149874957
I would switch back, but it handles multimonitor setups like a fucking degenerate
>>
>>149874957
why??
>>
>>149874957
Microsoft should have ended on XP or 7 and just kept updating that
>>
>>149874957
This. I hope Vulkan catches on.
>>
>>149878991

Same. I don't even directly benefit from Vulkan. Still think it's cool beans.
>>
Ayyyy
>>
>>149866084
>It's a crucial accuracy feature.
It's not accurate at all. It just happens to be more stable in certain games.

>A number of games have incorrect timing and DMA errors without Fixed Audio Timing. It should not be turned off unless absolutely necessary.
Only some games actually benefit from it, like certain musyx games. I don't get how people can be ok with additional crackling..
>>
File: Citra - SSB4.png (1MB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
Citra - SSB4.png
1MB, 1920x960px
Bump
>>
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-video-processor
>>
Vita emulator when?
>>
>>149875578
>>
>>149883856
Frankenmupen doesn't have these problems :^)

Ok, with the exception of RE2 missing voices and stuttering in Body Harvest, but pretty much everything else seems to have top notch audio, at least in comparison to the cracklefest of Project64 and the insane delay in standalone mupen.
>>
>>149891612
When you provide a kernel dump
>>
You wouldn't ride a Gerudo.
>>
>>149891681
tl;dr no one knows how Windows works.
>>
>>149895465
Yeah I would ;^)
>>
>>149617336
>Yet you deleted the entirety of your old board
He had no other choice. The board was corrupted with no backup and the host was a piece of shit.
>>
>>149895465
to completion
>>
What was the first console emulator ever coded?
>>
>>149900418
The Sega Nintando Portable
>>
>>149900418
According to Wikipedia, some of the first developed and popular ones include:
>Marat Fayzullin's iNES, VirtualGameBoy, Pasofami (NES), Super Pasofami (SNES), and VSMC (SNES)
Not sure of the very first though, I am also interested.
>>
>>149900418
>>149901413
>Family Computer Emulator V0.35 for FM Towns, by "Haruhisa Udagawa", with file timestamps of December 12, 1990. It could run some simple NES games such as Donkey Kong.
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/History_of_emulation
>>
>>149901413
>>149901576
I can't find any demonstration videos on YouTube of these, anyone got links to videos?
>>
>>149901968
You can emulate Towns OS and try it out yourself.
>>
>>149891612
Speaking of, with the soon-to-be release of another native homebrew entrypoint what are the chances of Vita becoming the go-to for handheld emulation again?
>>
>>149891681

Speaking as a Machead, this is Apple in less than 10 years. They've already done a marvelous job shitting up the OS X codebase.
>>
>>149901968
I found a playlist of some old emulators like NESticle, early ZSNES, and VGB, but I couldn't find anything older.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2V5vyJ-xzGV9P8G-ekciw6TGmqQBgoa-
>>
>>149903543
lmao at the genecyst one
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2V5vyJ-xzGV9P8G-ekciw6TGmqQBgoa-
>>
>>149904038
shit wrong link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo_MLmfpwzw&index=4&list=PL2V5vyJ-xzGV9P8G-ekciw6TGmqQBgoa-
>>
>>149891525
I like it. Seems like a really good idea. Hopefully they aren't coding it around that specific device too much. They should take into consideration other capture devices exist.
>>
From the wiki:
>Game Boy Advance are capable of running without a BIOS file, using high-level emulation to simulate BIOS subroutines at a slight cost in emulation accuracy
Does this mean if I were to run games with the BIOS it would be more accurate? How much so?
>>
>>149906831
Well whenever a bug is found with HLE BIOS in mGBA it's usually fixed very quickly, so it's kinda hard to say. If you're playing some super obscure game then maybe you'll run into an issue... but probably not.
>>
>>149906831
>>149908297

Why are GBA bios files emulated well, but other systems are not?

PS1 has a half-assed HLE bios that are glitchy.
>>
>>149906831
I think you miss on, the console splash screen, reason enough to have a BIOS file imo.
>>
>>149899905
this desu
it was either delete the board or risk exposing peoples' personal information
>>
Uh oh
https://twitter.com/byuu_san/status/758774935112159232

http://board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1058&start=50
>>
>>149909025
It might have to do with how complicated the bios is and how often the software relies on bios calls
>>
>>149913909
Why does byuu use meme arrows when quoting?
>>
>>149914162
That method of quoting dates back to Usenet newsgroups
>>
>>149913909

byuu acts like there is no possible improvements for latency and that his code is infallible.
>>
Any recommended shaders for a PSX FF game, or anything with prerendered backgrounds?
>>
squirrelpunisher is always right
>>
>>149920730
No he's just mad about the peanut gallery so he's taking it out on people from the peanut gallery when they post on his forum.

>>149922274
Squarepusher does the same thing in other places.
>>
>>149892220
You're right that Frankenmupen generally has better audio. To make matters worse, some of the few games that are decent with Fixed Audio Timing, are terrible with the default plugin (like Top Gear Rally).

It's appalling how some people swear that PJ64's FAT is perfect. Delusional shills are killing the scene..
>>
>>149892220
>and the insane delay in standalone mupen.
Tell me more, because I don't get an insane delay in standalone mupen.
>>
File: Captura.png (265KB, 964x743px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
265KB, 964x743px
I patched a game of final fantasy IX to have a new game experience and for some reason it doesn't work on mednafen but it does on the shitty psxfin

anyone know the reason?
>>
>>149923741
Mednafen checks disks more than other emulators. If it won't work on a PS1 then it won't work on mednafen.
>>
>>149923741

Hacks are often tested on whatever emulator the guys use, rather than real hardware.

Romhack devs are often hacks themselves. What a shock.
>>
>>149923832
>>149923936
I see, will I have to play with psxfin or is there something better?
I hate handling plugins though, more than shitty graphics
>>
>>149923741

It's because the patch did not regenerate error correction data. That means it is technically a broken patch but it will run in an inaccurate emulators that don't function like real hardware.

See:

http://tasvideos.org/Bizhawk/PSX.html

>PSX disc images are full of error correction data. Many patches (PPF, etc.) ("naive patches"[2] in the mednafen docs) will modify the actual data but not update the error correction data. This is a mistake. It works on many emulators, but would not work on a real console, because the console will spy the mismatch between the error correction and actual data, and 'repair' the actual data. So for example let's say a patch changed one byte containing your HP from 3 to 255. If it doesn't change the error correction data, the PSX (and mednafen) will say 'Oops, there's one byte wrong on the disc. Let me fix that for you.'

>Users with flawed PPF patches can use a utility called ECCRegen ( http://web.tiscali.it/eccregen/download.htm ) to fix their patched disc images. This will essentially say "I know the actual data is good and the error correction data is not matching it. Re-generate the error correction data"
>>
>>149924110
I have never even heard of PSXfin. PCSXR is likely your best bet.
>>
>>149909025
>PS1 has a half-assed HLE bios that are glitchy.

The PS1 BIOS handles copy protection, the GBA one does not.
>>
<3 byuu
>>
>>149924603
gay
>>
>>149924603

homo
>>
>>149924603

faggot
>>
>>149924196
>Users with flawed PPF patches can use a utility called ECCRegen
so running this on the .bin files would fix the problem? got it

I'll give it a try
>>
Hey how come when I choose a shader it appears on every core? Any way to have a different shader depending on the core?
>>
File: sakuya.jpg (1MB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya.jpg
1MB, 826x1169px
>>149924196
>>149924842
it works, thanks you very much

have some 2d maid ass
>>
>>149925253

Sucking my dick has been known to help.
>>
>>149926120
why the fuck would you post that?

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>149926120
I-I'm not that type of girl, Anon-kun!
>>
>>149925253
You probably could use overrides or per-core configs to do that, but it appears that someone is working on support for per-core shader presets

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/3281
>>
Parallel is fucking terrible, it can't do HD and it won't even run conker. Pathetic.
>>
>>149926217

Only if by "retarded" you mean "horny as all fucking hell". Are YOU here top give ol' one-eye his oracular massage?
>>
>>149883856
>It's not accurate at all.
It is more accurate.

>Only some games actually benefit from it, like certain musyx games.
And 64DD games. And Turok games. And Castlevania games. And basically 99% of the library.
>I don't get how people can be ok with additional crackling..
FAT crackles LESS. That's one of the biggest reasons for using.
>>
>>149913909
>Context and history are very important factors in a person's response. No one on earth has unlimited patience when being badgered.
I have to agree with byuu on this one. Why are people hating on this man? If he doesn't accept some solution, so be it. I don't see why people care about what code he does to does not accept.
>>
>>149922862
>It's appalling how some people swear that PJ64's FAT is perfect.
It's not perfect, but it is a significant improvement. When the hovercar in Turok 3 crashes and doesn't land in the exactly correct spot, it triggers my autism. FAT fixes issues like that.
>>
>>149926274

oh but u r bby
>>
>>149927534
Reminder to report and hide all tripfags.
>>
>>149923936
>Hacks are often tested on whatever emulator the guys use, rather than real hardware.
Gee I wonder why that might be? Maybe because no one plays hacks on real hardware except 0.00001% of autists
>>
>>149927627

Hey man, you think this one >>149927534 would slurp my turgid babystick if I asked reeeeeal nice?
>>
>>149928149

True. But targeting shit per-emu is still a vile practice.
>>
Why does everyone meme about N64 emulation being shit? Are there even any major games that don't work?
>>
>>149928776
>Why does everyone meme about N64 emulation being shit?
Because they're idiots.
>Are there even any major games that don't work?
Kind of. It's complicated.
>>
>>149928776
Because big daddy pj64.
>>
>>149927252
>FAT crackles LESS. That's one of the biggest reasons for using.
Only when using a bad audio plugin though.. Jabo's audio plugin needs to be replaced asap.. It's heavily flawed, closed source, and will likely never improve. Not that azimer's plugin is any better though..

I think it's amusing how all these people jumped on that hype train when azimer open sourced his plugin. No real progress, considering loading save states is STILL broken..

I think it's safe to say liberto may soon be the #1 N64 emulator in the near future. Unless zilmar finishes android port soon enough and quickly moves onto further improving PJ64. Frankenmupen's audio is already much better in general.

>And basically 99% of the library.
I guess you don't play Body Harvest >.> .

>>149927534
>It's not perfect, but it is a significant improvement.
Fair enough, i suppose. Even suanyuan's plugin is better than jabo's..
>>
>>149909025
Oh shit, I never knew there was such an easy solution to this. I've romhacked before and it was really upsetting that I couldn't find a way to make the changes legit.
>>
>>149929103
>I think it's safe to say liberto may soon be the #1 N64 emulator in the near future.
squarepusher doesn't seem to be planning on making a HLE RDP that doesn't also HLE the RSP, so no

He should really do that.
>>
>>149928776
>>149928885

No amount of Stockholm-syndrome induced cognitive dissonance can make N64 emulation good. It needs to work error-free for the vast majority of games. ZSNES-standards of emu quality just don't fucking cut it any more.
>>
>>149929103
>Only when using a bad audio plugin though..
What is this "good" plugin, then?
>Jabo's audio plugin needs to be replaced asap.
Of course it does. But Azimer's has broken timing.
>No real progress, considering loading save states is STILL broken.
Are you sure about that?
> Even suanyuan's plugin is better than jabo's..
No it is not. Not even in bizzarro world. Suanyuan's plugin is two copies of HatCat's RSP interpreter glued together. It's a fake HLE audio plugin that gets decent results for one or two games and is not longer compatible with modern PJ64.
>>
>>149929283
N64 emulation is on the same level as PS2 emulation, you know. The same number of games are broken unless running in LLE video, and there are minor CPU emulation bugs that require game-specific game configuration tweaks to make pathological games run. The PS2 has a very fast software renderer because its rendering system doesn't have *as* fucked up of hardware quirks as the N64's RDP does.
>>
>>149929283
>It needs to work error-free for the vast majority of games.
Name a single post-PS1 emulator that does this. Because PPSSPP, Dolphin, and PCSX2 don't.
>>
>>149929520
name a single emulator other than bsnes that does this desu
>>
>>149929930
epsxe basically works with anything.
>>
I think byuu is basically just tired of emulation, but as a man known only for emulation, what does one do when one tires of it? He can no longer debate the nitty gritty of input lag solutions against Retroarch proponents because he is simply worn out, a broken man. But he cannot just close up shop and move on with his life because he has nothing else.
>>
>>149930017
"Works"
>>
>>149930017
"works"
>>
File: enter the matrix.jpg (100KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
enter the matrix.jpg
100KB, 640x908px
Enter the Matrix sold 5 million copies. Shadows don't render on Dolphin. Why bother living?

>>149930112
>>149930167
What are the notable shortcomings of epsxe's core and native software renderer?
>>
>>149929283
>ZSNES-standards of emu quality just don't fucking cut it any more.
Someone inform the PCSX2 team immediately.
>>
>>149930254
>epsxe's core and native software renderer
Dunno about ePSXe core, probably has problems with the few games that have problem on Mednafen, the software renderer is absolute arse anyone with eyes and a real console to compare can see it.
>>
>>149930254
>What are the notable shortcomings of epsxe's core and native software renderer?
Boot up Ape Escape and tell me just how well that's going for you
>>
>>149930254
>Enter the Matrix sold 5 million copies. Shadows don't render on Dolphin.
5 million normies bought it and they've all forgotten it by now
>>
>>149930718
>Boot up Ape Escape and tell me just how well that's going for you
The bugs are only present on the interpreter, the dynarec doesn't have any, the software renderer still has seams everywhere though, and the stock hardware plugin has black boxes around some sprites
>>
>>149928776
>Are there even any major games that don't work?
I see you're still at the level of "as long as i can play da gaem lol" standards
>>
>>149913909
>higan's input polls the real hardware right before the NMI period, which is where nearly every game actually reads the controllers.

>Short of running an instance of the emulation for every possible input one frame into the future (which higan sure as hell can't do with 4096 possibilities on the SNES); there is no magic trick that's going to make an entire scene render with inputs one or two frames in advance.

>I don't have to look at a patch to know there's not 16-32ms of artificial lag to remove here. Anymore than you need to study a new engine design that claims to produce perpetual motion.

>And yes, now I am upset that I've been forced to explain this again.

Who's right: Retroarch guy or byuu? byuu seems to think the only way you get less input lag than Higan is to time travel into the future.
>>
>>149930485
>the software renderer is absolute arse anyone with eyes and a real console to compare can see it.
Explain. Explaaaaaain.
>>
>>149931771
Seams, seams everywhere, dithering looks wrong too.
>>
>>149931771
He could probably do some with some screenshots but he like me is too lazy to find games and take them
>>
>>149931913
Remove dithering.
>>
File: emugen.jpg (137KB, 957x531px) Image search: [Google]
emugen.jpg
137KB, 957x531px
>>149931913
>>
>>149931913
>Seams, seams everywhere
Just like a real PS1, then? Words are cheap, bro. Screenshots or it didn't happen.
>>
>>149913909

>I'll give you guys some time to get the last word in, so I don't look like the abusive site admin.

Then he responds and closes the thread before they can reply.

byuu is an abusive site admin
>>
>>149933830
>Just like a real PS1, then?
No worse, just look at it yourself
>>
>>149933916
He said time to, not let them.

They said they were leaving the forum, so he had no reason to keep the thread open.

Shitty? Yes. But dis nigga's worn out. He doesn't give a shit anymore. He's not going to bother with people telling him about problems if they don't give a very concise description of why the problem manifests and an extremely simple example patch to fix it. He won't even fix the WASAPI driver because people keep providing 25+ linechange diffs to fix a problem that only needs five lines to fix.
>>
>>149934065
Not all of us have a PS1 hooked up and handy
>>
How can I force RetroArch to load my Mother 3 fan tanslation ROM?
>>
>>149934115
What if the problem requires more than just a simple patch to fix? Not everything is simple to fix.
>>
>>149934130
Mednafen looks close enough to the real thing for a comparison.
>>
>>149934276
>Mednafen looks close enough to the real thing for a comparison.
Then it should be simple for you to capture a few screenshots showing us how UNSEAMLY it is, right?
>>
>>149934394
That would take a lot more effort than most emugen individuals are willing to expend, so I doubt he will.
>>
>>149934251
Oh well.
>>
>>149934394
No because that would require me booting up my NAS, grabbing an .iso (or downloading one which would be about as long), downloading and setting up ePSXe, finding a place that illustrates the problem well then going back to the same place in the other emulator.

I'm not wasting an hour just for some generic response like "but you don't see it unless you look for it" or "you're just autistic if you care about that"
>>
>>149934568
byuu incarnate "oh well." This guy literally got destroyed by making bsnes. It ravaged his mind. Knowing the cost of making one emulator that accurate, how would anyone ever even want to do such a thing again? Every time I see a byuu post it's like the life has been sucked out of him, he's a barren, beaten, destroyed man. It all his energy to make bsnes.
>>
>>149934674
Sounds like your workflow is a bit messy if it'd take you an hour to do that. For one thing you shouldn't even have a NAS. Use a local HDD like normal people. And don't download 800 gig entire redump sets so you can fit your games on a small amount of HDD space.
>>
>>149934115
>people keep providing 25+ linechange diffs to fix a problem that only needs five lines to fix.
Maybe they're just bad coders? How can one criticize them for that? Is he just not going to fix the problem until someone cuts it down to the number of lines he knows it will take but refuses to write the 5 lines himself? He could probably write the 5 lines in the amount of time it'd take him to write up some snappy post telling them how shit they are for needing 25 lines.
>>
>>149934905
>Sounds like your workflow is a bit messy if it'd take you an hour to do that.
Why don't you demonstrate your superior workflow by doing it yourself then?
>>
>>149935052
>Is he just not going to fix the problem until someone cuts it down to the number of lines he knows it will take but refuses to write the 5 lines himself?
That's correct and the reason is because he expends his stress doing other useless things like working on megadrive emulation.

>He could probably write the 5 lines in the amount of time it'd take him to write up some snappy post telling them how shit they are for needing 25 lines.
He doesn't understand why the solution works until he sees the five line version. He's not a genius, he just put a lot of effort into something for a long time so people expect him to act like one.
>>
>>149935429
I didn't say mine was any better for PS1. I don't even have the emus installed ;)
>>
Can you guys help me think of some genesis or SNES games I could emulate on my phone for a long trip. I'm a bit limited with these shitty touchscreen controls and I don't really want something like a JRPG i'll have to get really invested in.
>>
>>149935552
But then how does he know it only takes 5 lines?

And more like he expends his stress whining on twitter about how shit the world is.
>>
File: RetroArch-0215-170809.png (55KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0215-170809.png
55KB, 1620x1080px
Anyone know what shader this may be? This was a while ago, and I know it was a shader for GBA that I changed slightly but I forget which one and what I did.
>>
>>149935796
He'll read a post's explanation fully, then read the patch for like ten seconds and if he doesn't understand how the solution works he'll ignore it.

>And more like he expends his stress whining on twitter about how shit the world is.
That's literally the opposite of expending stress.
>>
>>149935720
I think you mostly cut out the options. Anything on SNES or Genesis besides JRPGs will require some decent controls which a phone doesn't have. Except maybe strategy? But that might require investment--it depends on whether you mean emotional story investment or just a lot of time or the like. Something like Ogre Battle will eat time like no tomorrow but the plot isn't that compelling that you will feel like you must finish.
>>
>>149935996
I just meant a story I have to get deeply invested in. I just want something I can fuck around and have fun with for a few hours.
>>
>>149935816
Let this be a lesson to you:
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/132004887/#132080619
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/132004887/#132082920
>>
>>149935929
>That's literally the opposite of expending stress.
No, trust me, I know that bitching about the world only makes you more stressed out. It doesn't help.
>>
>>149936126
That's an invalid and incorrect armchair psychology meme.
>>
>>149936245
Then explain why I bitch about everything constantly and am more stressed out than ever?
>>
>>149936305
Because you have a source of stress that doesn't go away.
>>
>>149936413
My source of stress is that the world is shit. byuu has the same source.
>>
>>149936098
Something like Shining Force on Genesis or Ogre Battle for SNES should work then. Maybe even the SNES FE games with a translation patch if you can tolerate how basic they are compared to newer entries.
>>
File: Untitled.png (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>149936113
LOL. Fucking hell. I remember that too.

I figured it out again.
>>
>>149936448
The solution is to invest in either the philosophy of absurdism or to do lots of drugs. I decided to do the former. Byuu hasn't figured out about the former yet so he's shallowly poking at the latter. What are you going to do?
>>
>>149936648
Gonna look into the philosophy of absurdism
>>
>>149932132
bricks aren't smooth, dithering makes things look rough and it's better
>>
>>149935816
If there are darkening gaps between piexels that are 100% white your scanline shader has automatically failed.
>>
New Thread:
>>149937481
>>149937481
>>
>>149937305
I like smooth rather than rough
>>
>>149937595
That's just because you're a pedophile though.
>>
>>149937665
No I'm not you sicko
>>
>>149929391
>Are you sure about that?
the XA2 one still has broken save state loading. The DS8 version has its own set of problems and sounds absolutely awful with FAT off. Fortunately there's that experimental fork that improves the DS8 code path for non-FAT. That fork sounds good in most games with FAT off. Overall, there's no "good" plugin, but there's usually at least 1 plugin that works good for a particular game. Some of azimer's older versions is decent for some games, while shunyuans or 1964 audio is decent for others.

>and is not longer compatible with modern PJ64.
I think it works in latest PJ64 now.
Thread posts: 783
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.