[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rimworld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 807
Thread images: 236

File: yummy.png (3KB, 40x46px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.png
3KB, 40x46px
Good red pants edition

We don't have an OP pastebin yet so here's some shit

http://rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)

Old thread: >>149142236
>>
Did everyone just goto bed or some shit?
>>
>>149241591
I dunno maybe
>>
>>149240269
But we do have a shitty pastebin

http://pastebin.com/6xL54hVW
>>
>>149241591
>Not being a neet
Good, being a neet fucking sucks and I want to be employed

To get the thread moving ask me anything about my new colony I guess (or don't)
>>
>>149242072

>Move up north for work, enjoying it. Promise of good money, New Guy getting the short stick. Finally find out my boss is using his position to exploit federal systems in place to stop repeat offenders from re-offending. I'm literally working for money. Quit, goto college. College misappropriates my FAFSA Aid, I get nothing to buy course material with. Not about that life senpai. Quit. Been unemployed for 4 years.

Gib work. Pls gib.
>>
File: ss (2014-12-21 at 02.39.12).jpg (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-12-21 at 02.39.12).jpg
515KB, 1920x1080px
>>149241250

>Surgeon successfully extracts his kidney and lung, before getting into a poor mood

Reminds me of the one time I had one of my surgeons operating on one of those cryptosleep casket guys to save his ass and ended up going berserk in the middle of the operation and tried to eat him.

Since the game's visual combat indicator is literally nothing more than two pawn sprites bumping together I just though she beat him to death until I stumbled upon his corpse in the freezer half a year later to find all his injuries entirely made up of bite marks which at the time was really strange considering my surgeon was unarmed due to the fact that she was prone to this kind of shit.
>>
File: 234345323432.png (516KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
234345323432.png
516KB, 680x418px
>>149242209
Shit man
>>
>>149242072
Dropped out of high school in 99 and haven't done anything since
I still enjoy it
>>
File: freefood.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
freefood.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Guess cat is on the menu
>>
>>149242209
Really hope "north" isn't Canada. There are no jobs here. Depressing thing is there's constantly new immigrants in my apartment complex and they (several were electrical or mechanical engineers) say they couldn't find a job in a year so they're moving on to an other country. The only ones who stay are on welfare.
>>
>>149242343
It's pretty quaint yeah but I find myself bored more often than not
I mostly just want to make my own income since I'm still dwelling with my parents
>>
>>149242457

Hell no. I moved out of that shitshow known as Florida, goddamn 13% Unemployment rate in my area, and nobody wanting to hire out of county employees.
Girlfriend was expecting. No way in hell I was going to put up with her ATF tier parents trying to tell me how to raise my child

Satellite TV work in West Virginia. Fucking boss was slipping money to the background check company so he could hire stooges out of Tennessee. They were quitting their job loads mid-day, stealing peoples small valuables and prescription pills. I was working for gas money. Fuck that noise, I had a son on the way. And shit was NOT getting better.
>>
>>149242596
Where in WV?
>>
File: 1468961815386.jpg (15KB, 157x183px) Image search: [Google]
1468961815386.jpg
15KB, 157x183px
I've spent my last few saves on mountainous maps, building into the mountain. It seemed to me to be the best way about. But looking back all of my somewhat successful colonies that had big complexes with electricity and happy colonists, none of them were dug into the mountain.

This may seem obvious, but I've realized that dorf mode isn't a great idea if your three colonists aren't all good at mining. The time it takes for you to build a spacious, decent looking house is made much longer when you're mining out every room.

My next colony I'm going to try a flat environment, and see how that works out. I'm really enjoying how vastly different the experience is based purely on where your colony is and how you decide to begin it.
>>
>>149242760
Flat = no components

You better hope for traders or space ship chunks
>>
>>149242072
Im not a neet,
Just the next best thing.

Community college student who gets free govt money for going.

Gotta love being poor.

Next paycheck after books is gonna be spent on Upgrades for my PC.
>>
>>149242689

Princeton. Been trying to relocate since I found out from my neighbor I got a bum deal on rent for this town home I'm in.

No CA&H, the fucking main load bearing beam is sagging'causing a sag in the middle of my house and all the adjacent beams to visibly shift a couple Milimeters.

Fucking foundation is flawed, allowing ingress of pest ants & fucking field mice from time to time.

I spent 2 years dealing with a fucking American Grackle Invasion (Got really good at snapping bird necks. Mean little bastards
>>
>>149242960

I also found out due the hard way due to a shitty floor plan, cleaning is a bitch & storage solutions are a fucking nightmare.

And having a bad sense of initial scale of your dwelling makes things worse when you buy furniture too fucking big.
>>
>>149243036

Ehh, Fucked that all up. Too early for blogposting.
>>
File: 1443749500307.jpg (7KB, 208x249px) Image search: [Google]
1443749500307.jpg
7KB, 208x249px
>First raider go down
>He's actually breddy gud
>Permanent brain injury from gunshot
>Euthanize the poor bastard
>>
File: aliens is on.jpg (30KB, 979x908px) Image search: [Google]
aliens is on.jpg
30KB, 979x908px
oh fuck, this is going to be interesting
>>
>>149243294
I wonder if insect hives can be used to defend against sappers. Like a long corridor that circles the underground base, expressly there so bugs spawn there. Sappers dig in and find a face full of giant bug.
>>
>>149243232

>Not saving him with a Brain-Pal

Goddamnit Anon.
>>
>>149243294
>>149243570
I take it you can't tame bugs.
>>
File: aftermath.jpg (38KB, 895x649px) Image search: [Google]
aftermath.jpg
38KB, 895x649px
>>149243294
I couldn't clear all of them and one egg is left. Time to heal up and then the plan is to kill the remaining ones and leave one egg alive for harvesting insect jelly.
>>
File: dDOUCBx.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dDOUCBx.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>149243632
Aggressive and near impossible to tame so people don't. Used to be you could "farm" insect jelly by killing all the bugs, gathering the jelly, then waiting a day for them to spawn new bugs but the hives now need tending by bugs or they die.
>>
>>149242960
>>149242596
>>149242343
>>149242209
You sound like the main character from playspent.org

Offense intended.
>>
>>149244462

dunno what the hell that is, so I can't really be offended by it.

Sorry I guess?
>>
This game used to be so fun, and have so much potential...

Then came these retarded patches with animal taming and shit.
>>
>>149245594
>then came these patches with awesome taming and shit
>>
File: coop.png (528KB, 703x456px) Image search: [Google]
coop.png
528KB, 703x456px
>>149245594
Nigga you crazy
>>
File: goddamn.png (4KB, 963x30px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn.png
4KB, 963x30px
Literally a hoodlum whose only skill is shooting white folk
>>
File: oops.jpg (38KB, 1305x930px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
38KB, 1305x930px
>mfw completely forgot about a poison ship for a long ass time

pattern kind of looks like a planet
>>
What's the optimal setup to defend your base? I had a bunker on my last colony that I made by building a room then deconstructing firing ports. Backed up by turrets and sandbags, it worked well.

Until the infestation that is, but what're ya gonna do?
>>
>>149248185
Use embrasures.
>>
>>149248185
I took a liking to the turret-less bunkers like in >>>149246687. In my first few games I'd build tons of turrets, but some would usually get destroyed and it'd get heavy on resources after a while
Infestations are a bitch, but some people deal with them by outfitting their mountain areas with some kind of method to superheat them, like coolers facing the wrong ways, geothermal stations or just plain old wood that gets lit up
>>
>>149248656
embrasures feel kinda cheat desu
also feels silly for them to not exist in the base game
>>
>>149248185

Turrets are pretty terrible because they simply die in a single hit and explode. They are great in massive numbers but tend to fall down like a deck of cards.

Same can't be said about superhuman bionic killing machines equipped with power armor. Get a guy like that or 3 and you can single handedly take down armies from a firing bunker. It's insanely efficient and fun too.

I wish the game had impassable windows already. We seriously need these already.
>>
>>149249067
Until the dev puts them in default or someone makes a better version, it works well enough.
>>
>>149249067
Embrasures dont even work that well/ Maybe that's because i'm using wood, but still.

They either shoot me through the embrasure before my guys can down them, or they kick in the door to my murderbox and melee everyone to death. Dont forget about those grenade/molotov fuckers.
>>
>>149249673
>Wood
>Ever
Nigger, cmon here.

Get your ass some fucking GRANITE BLOCKS.
>>
>>149249673
instead of shooting from directly behind the embrasure shoot from a regular wall to the left/right of it

Embrasures only provide as much cover as a sandbag but they dont allow attackers to cross over
>>
Anyone know why GlitterTech comes Surgery Free, or if Tilled Soil is actually integrated into the mod?
>>
>>149249673
>there are woodbabbies in my thread RIGHT NOW
was your shit getting burned down in three minutes worth the faster construction?
>>
File: trumbo.jpg (101KB, 1250x809px) Image search: [Google]
trumbo.jpg
101KB, 1250x809px
Fucking finally tamed one! Now to tame a male one! It's like 0.5% to chance to tame these fuckers for me.
>>
File: bug.jpg (67KB, 1873x881px) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
67KB, 1873x881px
>the bugs have become more aggressive
>no worries I set up a defense
>few days pass
>see bug blood further and further away
>my animals have killed some bug wanderers
>go check up on my bug farm
>all eggs are gone

what happened? I didn't send anyone up there. No one got injured at any point.

Where did the eggs go? I am now a sad pupper with no eggs. Do they just up and die if no bugs around them to tend to the eggs? Because the bugs usually didn't wander but suddenly they all just upped and ran into my turrets. Is that what happened?
>>
>>149250801
if there aren't bugs nearby then the hives die off to prevent easy farming
>>
>>149250479
Is building your compound out of wood but using stone for your defenses acceptable?
>>
File: marriages.jpg (46KB, 738x778px) Image search: [Google]
marriages.jpg
46KB, 738x778px
>the fourth marriage in my base
>huntress couldn't give a fuck

wish the game had babies
>>
File: more marriage.jpg (119KB, 1366x959px) Image search: [Google]
more marriage.jpg
119KB, 1366x959px
>>149251668
>a day later another marriage

well I don't have to worry about moods for a while
>>
>>149250509
Breeding thrumbos is a lost cause
it takes a year for them to give birth to a single child
6 years to progress to juvenile stage
25 years to reach adult stage

just be content with owning the ultimate warbeast
>>
>>149251923
>dont have to worry about moods
>a single half of a partnership dies
>the other partner goes berserk; kills a second and third
>cascade marriage failure
marriages ruin everything. One of my colonists got a divorce and now goes berserk weekly

his wife was worthless; he was my best colonist before this.
>>
>>149251328
using wood at all is retarded and a sure sign of a new player
>>
File: fuck you rimworld.jpg (26KB, 1105x658px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you rimworld.jpg
26KB, 1105x658px
OH COME ON
>>
>>149252110
>marriages ruin everything. One of my colonists got a divorce and now goes berserk weekly
his wife was worthless; he was my best colonist before this.
mgtow
>>
>>149252110
What's the fucking point of marriages if there's no children?
>>
>>149252808
mood boosts and telling a story

not every mechanic has to be centered around a direct result, meatwad
>>
>>149253103
>>149252808
Tbh of all the things Tynan or whatever could add to the game children ought to be one of the tops. Imagine the burden of having to take care of a bunch of useless little shits that don't listen to a thing you fucking say and wander off and get eaten by manhunting elephants, causing their parents to go into a tantrum spiral? It'll be Dwarf Fortress all over again!
>>
>>149253915
general consensus is that games are too short to actually raise children to adulthood, so something like a vat-grown system would probably work better

>like hydroponics, would have to protect it
>takes maybe a year or so
>more upgraded vats allow more selection of skills
>traits and looks are gotten from parents
>>
>>149254023
I wish there was more of a long-term endgame goal. "Get off the planet" is too short term honestly and unless you're starting from tribal you can get that done within the first few years which sucks ass. Sure, you could artificially lengthen your game, but that's no fun. That's why I like Dorf Fort so much, it's really just "survive as long as you can against ridiculous odds" at its core
>>
>>149254023
>games are too short to actually raise children to adulthood
Then make the game not be geared for shitty ship-building?
Or make ship building as a form of raids on enemy bases or making multiple colonies on same save?
I mean, there's multiple ways to get around this. Imagine you fly a ship into a really hostile territory to mine out some rare resources.
>>
Are there any mods to stablize the moods in this game a bit?

I mean, yeah, I get it's upsetting, but, I think it's pretty dumb for people to go into a murderous rage because their pants have a rip in them.
>>
>>149254143
>it's really just "survive as long as you can against ridiculous odds" at its core

That's end-game Rimworld too, though. Eventually your colonists will soft cap indefinitely and it'll be hard to get new people, with your wealth still climbing tribe hordes will certainly wipe you out unless you stagnate on purpose/build a ship.

>>149254168
Keep in mind it's an Alpha lad, by release the ship escape might be more fleshed out or not even there at all

It would be cool as hell to drop-pod your people into tribal territory and light their shit on fire as revenge though
>>
File: 1390698476814.png (47KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1390698476814.png
47KB, 645x773px
i need that 14d pirate but i can only find the russian dot exe version REEEEEEEEE

sale when
>>
File: angery.png (727KB, 800x795px) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
727KB, 800x795px
>successfully kill off an enemy ship
>it's on a VERY LARGE map
>everyone wounder making their way back
>miraculously get everyone treated
>doc gets rebuffed by someone random
>dazed even though he was in a good mood
>wanders around aimlessly
>infection grows bigger

>multiple people who had severe wounds survive
>doc who had minor cuts dies days later

FUCK DAZE SO MUCH
>>
>>149254358
Arrest him and immediately release.

Minor mood loss beats losing half of your colony.
>>
Guys how sensitive is the game to mods for different iterations of the same build?

I'm running 14c
>>
>>149254307
That's the problem with Rimworld though, you're constantly working towards your "out" which is building that ship. With Dwarf Fortress the best you could possibly do is build the perfect impenetrable self-sustaining fort otherwise end-game goals are really just up to the player (building a statue of Donald Trump out of Adamantium or something).
>>
File: cared.jpg (56KB, 973x693px) Image search: [Google]
cared.jpg
56KB, 973x693px
>>149254417
It's too late now. I will bury him with honors. Look at those stats dude.
>>
>>149254358
>"Hey baby I know you've got cauterized plasma wounds across half your body but are you doing anything tomorrow?"
>"I'm kind of busy being in extreme pain right now"
>"LIFE IS MEANINGLESS ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES TFW NO GF"
>>
>megatherium has been self taimed
what
i guess having a giant sloth friend is nice but w h a t
>>
>>149254491
>You let this dude die
Anon I would slap the shit out of you through the internet if I could.
>>
File: cared too much.jpg (16KB, 712x373px) Image search: [Google]
cared too much.jpg
16KB, 712x373px
>>149254491
the last thing he did was save the life of our only other doctor

they both had extreme infection and if it wasn't for Care they'd both die

;_;7
>>
>>149254491
>Maximum Art
>That Research and Medicine

Jesus Christ, anon
>>
>>149254959
It was a minor infection at first. I have two doctors. They treat each other. The problem was one of them was dazed so I let a rookie heal him. Even with fresh medicine and a hospital bed the rookies bad skills caused this. I didn't think he'd die.
>>
File: 1468864417796.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1468864417796.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>make a lone fat ascetic cannibal miner on boreal forest
>mine into a cave, comfy as fuck
>allow travelers into my territory for a while, then once i'm low on food i wipe out a caravan and eat them all
>weekly raids of outlanders trying to avenge their friends
>snipe them all and eat them raw
>eventually they're really fucking angry and send tons of people
>send miner deep into his cave/tunnel system
>he narrowly dodges through his traps as gunshots ring through the cave, it's dark so none hit him
>as he enters a side tunnel and escapes, the first sounds of deaths begin to echo through the caves
>outlanders with giant slashes and stabs through their torsos and necks are writhing on the cave ground downed by traps, their friends continuing on
>the rest of them get to the end of the tunnel and come to a large, open cave i mined out
>there are torches by their entrance, the miner snipes them from a dark corner, hitting most since there's light on them
>meanwhile nobody can get a good shot on him because he's behind sandbags/behind a corner/in the dark
>some are killed, the rest flee and are incapacitated in the remaining traps on their ways out
>villagers on the ground in pain, bleeding everywhere, as the miner begins to eat their freshly killed friends and family next to them in the dark

this game is best played like child of god
>>
This game is fun
>>
>>149255435
move your batteries to somewhere with steel walls and concrete flooring so they dont spark and burn down your entire base
>>
>>149255713

i didnt know that was a thing, ill change their surroundings now, cheers mate
>>
>>>149246687
Progress
Fallout forced me to close my base off
I don't think I've had a single fatality thus far
Disaster must be lurking around the next corner, maybe that psychic ship will do me in
>>
File: base 2.jpg (455KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
base 2.jpg
455KB, 1680x1050px
>>149255936
>>
File: 1454398812311.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1454398812311.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>149256063
>all those coolers for one set of bedrooms
>>
>>149255435
You're going to get a collapse in the top part with that mining.
>>
How is market value of a human calculated? Overall health and organs? Skills?
>>
>>149256231

yeah i just had a little one, reinforcing it now.
>>
File: lovelight.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lovelight.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I love how you can mix different light's colors.

You can also attenuate one with another white lamp
>>
FUCK
>>
>>149256993
>freezing your veggies
just leave em outside they can last a whole season, put meals and meat in your freezer
>>
>>149257248
I am aware, but I don't
I guess I am just too careful
>>
>>149257248
>not keeping your corpses and veggies in the fridge
I bet you paint your colony green.
>>
If I imprison one of my own and select release, will they just run out of the base? I can also recruit them so I'm a bit confused.

I had to imprison someone going on a daze.
>>
>>149257708
they'll be taken outside but automatically rejoin your colony

they'll never leave when released
>>
>>149257708
Why not read the fucking thread and be amazed that the similar issue was already mentioned?
>>
>>149257961
>expecting him to read through 94 posts on the small off chance his exact issue was asked and solved

don't be a cunt
>>
File: aaaaahaaaa.gif (2MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaahaaaa.gif
2MB, 268x268px
>>149257961
Wow calm down there lad
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1600x1067px
Are you tired of bug infestations popping out constantly? Learn 1 neat trick to easily destroy hordes of bugs easily.

>Place all your beds and vents next to the entrance, you'll need them to easily get out as soon as possible
>Place an incendiary IED somewhere out of way so your colonist don't step on it.
>When the infestation occurs, immediately run the bugger out and forbid anyone from entering the room. Deconstruct the vent.
>Station your repairman around the walls because the bugs may try to tunnel through.
>Eventually one of them will wander into the IED and set the whole swarm ablaze. Since you have no vents and no wooden walls, they should quickly die of heat and flame then you can go in there and mop up the rest or set up traps/turrets to farm them for meat and jelly.

If they spawn in your living room/workplace, you're fucked unless you also place a turret in there for insurance. You can then play hide and seek by poking out of their bedrooms.
>>
File: 20160722162947_1.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160722162947_1.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
This seems like a pretty neat place to set up shop, what do you think?
>>
>>149258051
>expecting him to read through 94 posts
>don't be a cunt
Are you fucking stupid or just pretending to be? Since when 94 or even 194 posts is a long fucking read? Are you enjoying your first year on 4chan?
>>
>>149258174
>You can then play hide and seek by poking out of their bedrooms.

this doesn't work anymore, when you do that hide and seek thing with animals/bugs/people, they beat on the door for a while before going back to what they were doing, meaning after one or two times even a granite door will break

>>149258342
I've been here since 2008 and if you're going to be a cunt in a comfy general you can leave, lad
>>
>>149258459
Anybody can repair the door though, even the retarded ones who take a little longer.
>>
>>149258459
Yeah, that's the telltale mentality. Also comfy is an overrated meme.
>>
>>149258314
set up shop?
>>
File: 1468892344596.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468892344596.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>149258857
>>
Does someone with painstopper implant become unstoppable, provided they don't lose their mobility or pulse?
>>
File: scyth.png (2MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
scyth.png
2MB, 1920x1040px
>>149259397
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Health
this lists all the health systems and if losing them is lethal.

creating a super soldier right now. Not shown is his 12 melee and 13 shooting skill
>>
>>149242257
If you don't have that stockpile named "Dead Nigger Storage" I'm going to be extremely disappointed in you, anon
>>
>>149258953
to build my colony
>>
>>149260214
if you can hold youself from mining those resources on the top left then ye
No heyser tho, shame
>>
File: Dead nigger storage.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dead nigger storage.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>149260132
Did someone say dead nigger storage?
>>
How do i get robo-limbs?
>>
>>149250509
>>149251992
Do you know if you can actually train them?
My near-max level handler can't even teach it obedience
I get that It's supposed to be really hard, but this seems absurd
>>
>>149260387
Buy them or nigger them off incapitated scythers.

Or if such rare event occurs, nigger them off raiders.
>>
>>149252412
This is the part where you
Build a shitload of wood around that area and toss a molotov/incendiary launcher/incendiary mortar
We're past the point of cheese
>>
File: Trumbos.jpg (66KB, 970x775px) Image search: [Google]
Trumbos.jpg
66KB, 970x775px
This mother fucker ate all my trees. I just had more sighted. Think I'll hunt the next ones instead of taming more. These guys eat so much.
>>
File: Pokebattle.jpg (26KB, 883x589px) Image search: [Google]
Pokebattle.jpg
26KB, 883x589px
Time to see how well a trained Trumpo does against two wild ones. She's got about 90 years on both of them.
>>
>>149256221
I want to try out that 'cooking ifestations alive' trick, I prepared them in advance
>>
>>149261023
You're going through the exact same shit that I went through in yesterday's thread
What I ended up doing is just making an inverted animal zone and blocking off my crop fields
They can sustain themselves well by eating off the corners of the map

Pic unrelated. This was from my tribal game a few days ago. Can someone explain how this age works
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>Beavers!
LAVISH MEALS FOR EVERYONE
>>
>>149261343
That's pretty neat.
But I think you're banking on them appearing in the northern section too hard.
Make sure that that area is zoned as "home" btw
>>
>>149261357
That's a good idea. I think first though I'll tame it to be a hauler and all that, then release it all on the map.
>>
File: wew.jpg (231KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
231KB, 1366x768px
>>149261357
wew whoops
>>
File: trumbo troll.jpg (8KB, 242x334px) Image search: [Google]
trumbo troll.jpg
8KB, 242x334px
Found a bug. Basically right here Janitor is trying to plant a tree sap but the Trump eats it instantly and now they are forced to repeat this forever.

Yes his growing skill is increasing too.
>>
THATS IT YOU STUPID PYROMANIAC CUNT
>>
Sometimes they just idle but i have already made an order to chop, pile up the stock, buld walls but they don't do it.
wat do?
>>
>>149261615
The chronological age is age that has been affected by near-lightspeed or FTL travel. It could also come about by being near an incredibly dense object in the universe such as black holes.

Basically when people are in an area where gravity is intense, time is passing slower for them.
>>
File: heart attack.jpg (38KB, 784x582px) Image search: [Google]
heart attack.jpg
38KB, 784x582px
Will he make it!?
>>
Question, when you prepare a meal is it normal to have the cook take it to the freezer?
Or do I want him to stop it somewhere else so it does not freeze?
Nobody had complained about eating frozen food yet.
>>
>>149262996
if you're using good meds on him and got him in a bed quickly he'll likely make it

my last colonist once had a heart attack and spent almost five days on the ground, it's hard for heart attacks to kill
>>
>>149263083
Yes it's normal. Hit the button for more info. You can make it so they drop it on the ground.

Be warned though, they might work faster but if you set it as "Do until X" they won't count the ones on the ground next to them.
>>
>rejected marriage proposal mood debuff is the same as getting a divorce
what the fuck
>>
Does anyone else have the bug where your savefile on PD is called something other than your colony name?
>>
How do I get components?
In just starting out and rendition I read days you need advanced research stuff.
>>
File: Supreme gentleman like.jpg (78KB, 759x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme gentleman like.jpg
78KB, 759x1092px
>>149263201
Marriage in this game is absolutely fucking worthless and stupid.

>REBUFFED BY SLUT x20
>TIME TO GO ON A MURDEROUS RAMPAGE DESPITE EVERYTHING BEING FINE
>>
Do you guys try to automate as much at possible like factorio?
Or do you say fuck it and actually do manual stuff?
>>
File: What the fuck did I just buy.jpg (24KB, 264x230px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck did I just buy.jpg
24KB, 264x230px
>20 year old in my colony has sole survivor as childhood background
>fastforward 3 years
>Wanderer joins (relationship)
>it's her mother
>>
>>149263612
Define automate.
I have multiple do until X bills set.
>>
File: 1469118229281.jpg (99KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469118229281.jpg
99KB, 682x1024px
>>149263781
Bills set on forever with a schedules and priorities set in place so they do multiple jobs without overdoing or wasting their time.

Basically allowing you to just sit back and collect stuff without having to touch mouse or keyboard until storyteller wants to put you on its list of shit it wants to fuck today.
>>
>>149263781
>>149263612
Rimworld + Factorio would be neat. Pretty much same endgame too.
>>
>>149263083
I usually put my butchers table and stove in the freezer
>>
WHY IS THERE NO STUFF TO DO WITH WATER?
I WANT TO GIVE MY SURVIVORS PRIME QUALITY SPRING WATER AND POISON THE WATER SOME OF MY ENEMIES.
>>
>>149264508
I also want to fish
what the fuck game
>>
>>149264237
Cook simple meals until 3x population is pretty much mandatory
Permanent chefs in the early game always cut into my good colonists though
>>
File: MANBEARPIGS.jpg (32KB, 1128x822px) Image search: [Google]
MANBEARPIGS.jpg
32KB, 1128x822px
A PACK OF MAN EATING PIGS HAVE ENTERED THE AREA

MCTASTY
>>
If I'm using all older 14 version of the game I pirated can I use my current save on the latest stream version?
>>
>>149265319
Still pissed off that turret hunting is no longer a thing.
>>
How do you guys handle chicken breeding? Do you only keep one male? or just females?
>>
As Anon draws near the thread, a sense of foreboding overcomes him.
He isn't sure why, but he feels that this dusty structure may contain great danger.
>>
>>149265887
I remember when you could open the tomb caskets one at a time

why the fuck do they all explode out of them at the same time now
>>
File: fuq..jpg (2MB, 1680x2012px) Image search: [Google]
fuq..jpg
2MB, 1680x2012px
Where should I build muh community?
>>
>that realization that the longer your colonists live the more and more you make them into bionic human beings

half of my guys are aging well but have like lost fingers and arms and bionic legs already
>>
>>149267026
Right in the middle
>>149267439
>no bionic fingers
>>
>>149245937
Ichabod has some super cold mountains.
>>
File: 1465095243235.jpg (106KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1465095243235.jpg
106KB, 604x604px
>>149267592
>lose a few fingers
>manipulation weakened
>guess we gotta replace the entire arm from the shoulder down

yup

>mfw still no torso replacement
>>
>>149245594
>Then came patches with extra optional content

Hokay
>>
File: 1469208025926.jpg (780KB, 1680x2012px) Image search: [Google]
1469208025926.jpg
780KB, 1680x2012px
>>149267026
Blue = Base building zone
Orange = Pillboxes
Red = Killzone; keep these areas clear of anything that can be used as cover
Green = Traps (optional; only use if you make an area over everything except the trapped zones)

Big ass lakes are the ideal front to defend on; there's no cover or alternatively you can put down dumping zones to fill with rubble and slow melee attackers
>>
>>149267742
More surgery options, "reattach finger" would be nice.

Not installing glittertech, that's overkill.
>>
>>149267839
oh and if space is a premium you put your growing zones in your killzones; they dont provide cover and it often means they're LESS likely to be burnt down by raiders. Just make sure you put in cement fire breaks
>>
>>149250457
Because there's some shitter surgery mods as far as I'm aware that people wanted to use with glittertech.

>>149263638
Does it specifically mention family? You can be the sole survivor of an event. Doesn't necessarily mean family.
>>
File: Ostrich.png (181KB, 860x342px) Image search: [Google]
Ostrich.png
181KB, 860x342px
Reminder slavs are extremely cruel and prefer to eat raw food.
>>
>>149268150
I think "tribe" means family in this case.
>>
>>149269030
>>149268150
>[Character] entire tribe was wiped out in a raid. Though he/she was adopted by another group, he/she was emotionally scarred, and preferred to stay near home, cooking and tending crops.
>>
Reclusive child

"[Character] didn't learn to speak until he/she was nearly 5 years old, and, even then, he/she preferred to keep to him/herself. When he/she was in his/her early teens, he/she made a habit of wandering off the village to live in the wilderness for weeks at a time."

Melee: +4
Crafting: +3

> Wardening disabled
What?
>>
>>149260503
Can you nigger them off scythers in vanilla, if so, how? I melted most of mine
By the way, I could fucking kiss the anon who told me to use grenades on centipedes. I've went from wipes to the WORST so far being ONE death and a few injuries (do emp nades work on them?)
>>
What traits and skills should I try to roll my 3 starting faggots into?
>>
File: gr8.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gr8.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Great work Dave!
>>
>>149262960
So chronological age is based off earth years?
That makes sense
Fuckin awesome
>>
>>149262541
I had this problem. Never thought about farming growing skill that way pun intended
>>
>>149269558
>if so, how?
They need to be incapitated, not dead.
>>
>>149269714
Chronological age is how long they've been in cryosleep while biological is
self explanatory.
>>
Is there a way to check the roof on a building?
I have a building that is unroofed and nobody wants to finish it.
>>
File: Banthos.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Banthos.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149240269
oh wow a rimworld general
r8 my cave
>>
File: 20160722195316_1.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160722195316_1.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>only $650 for a bear

I'll take two, they'll fit perfectly in my cannibal colony, gonna assign them both to my melee hunter
>>
>>149265492
You literally only need one adult rooster. All other males turn into mcnuggets.
Depending on your kibble/hay situation, you may need to cull the females if you need to stave off starvation
>>
>>149269185
Eh, maybe it's the foster mother
>>
Always remember that rich soil is your friend, you got a big patch of it in the nice chokepoint at the top
>>
>>149269558
Emp nades stun them, rendering them completely helpless
They're great against mechanoids
>>
>>149270249
Seems like nature picked the alpha male then
>>
File: screenshot30.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot30.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
this man will never die
>>
>>149270826
>>149267026
>>
>>149270954
Will you fucking name him Bane already
I've been waiting for that since your first posted, god damn
>>
How to survive early stages on an ice shelf as the tribal start?

Like I can get a temporary hut built for butchering and warmth via torches while I dig out the mountain but I need food. I slaughtered every animal on the map and it only lasted me a week and growing season is "never."
>>
>>149271285
Never played on ice sheet, but if there's any dirt on the ground you can make a greenhouse with a campfire
>>
>>149267026
whats the seed for that map anon
>>
>>149271285
build around a geyser, it heats up the building it's inside to amazing levels, it's better than spending time finding a good spot/getting wood

first raider group will all have gear that prevents frostbite now anyways
>>
File: animals.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
animals.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149270154
>Buying animals

My colony is so great a bear, an ostrich and two emus joined on their own.
>>
That new room was a fucking mistake, now I have to fill this whole shit with traps or something
Can I cause a collapse to fill the gaps?
>>
now that insect hives can spawn is it worth building mountain bases anymore or should i just build forts outside
>>
File: screenshot31.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot31.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149271083
>>
The best purchase you can make in this game is fertilized Ostrich eggs.

it's like... 30-40 silver for something as powerful as a dog in it's juvenile stages; once it hits adulthood it's almost as good as a cougar
And they lays eggs.
>>
Reminder that raiders are people too.
>>149272034
God bless.
>>
>>149271954
Mountain bases are still impenetrable fortresses from all but bugs. If you prepare correctly you will be ready to wipe them out if they ever appear.
>>
File: U8kTrBV.jpg (89KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
U8kTrBV.jpg
89KB, 840x525px
>>149271712
You could fill up the hole with stone walls, then add on a couple layers of wall outside.

Kinda wasteful sunlamp-hydroponics by the way.
>>
don't want to spoil a comfy general, but there's a shooting happened in munich if anyone cares
>>
>>149272154
>Reminder that raiders are people too.
Luckily, otherwise they wouldn't bew made out of delicious meat
>>
>about to get royally fucked by the biggest raid i've encountered yet
>traders finally visit for the first time and dispatch them quickly

phew
>>
File: screenshot32.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot32.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
It's been 100 days since the last rain and the blood is building up nicely
I wish there was a way to make spikes to put raiders on or something to intimidate attackers
>>
>>149272228
So. "We must accept that daily terrorist is the new Normal".
-French Prime Minister Manuel Valls
>>
>>149272461
i can't tell if that's based as fuck or cucked
>>
>>149272403
There used to be one, but it was removed. I don't think it really affected raiders at all.
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Gibbet_cage
>>
So do you think raiders in Rimworld are stuck in a sunk cost fallacy loop?

>raid colony
>raid fails utterly
>20 men died
>have to avenge their loss
>50 men died
>have to avenge their loss
and so on
>>
>>149272403
There used to be cages you could put bodies in to both intimidate raiders and pacify your own colonists in an earlier alpha.

TYNAN WE WANT THE CAGES BACK
>>
>>149272228
>getting told about habbenings in my country by /rwg/
>>
>>149272590
>>149272654
That would be incredible to line the walls with dead tribesmen
fukkin tynan
>>
File: 143222264.jpg (54KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
143222264.jpg
54KB, 640x427px
>>149272661

15 people dead so far.

Sorry baguette
>>
>>149272718
>can put prisoners in them
>tribals attack and see their friends starving, dying, hanging in cages around your base
>adds fear, meaning it takes less of their number killed for them to flee

is this a good idea or is this a good idea
>>
>>149272801
i wish i understood even the basics of modding to try this out
maybe someone in here knows modding well enough to give it a go
>>
>>149272525

He's basically telling France that in a choice of hurting the feelings of foreigners or dying horribly, it's better to die horribly.

I'm starting to think military rule isn't such a terrible thing any more.
>>
File: 1462399816667.jpg (24KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
1462399816667.jpg
24KB, 600x522px
>finally trained a Trumbo
>excited that I can harvest its' valuable fur
>can't
>doesn't produce anything
>making it obedient takes forever
>can't train it further because impossible
>it literally eats all the time
>almost empties out our food supply
>slowly regret taming it
>tempted to just butcher it

I know it's an amazing killing machine but damn...
>>
>>149272961
lock it outside, it'll just eat trees
>>
File: 1443832392413.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1443832392413.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>149272461
Did he actually say this?
>>
how to make the best rooms for my colonists
>>
>>149272961
train cougars ostriches and boomrats instead
immortal warbeasts are nice and all but they also need a dedicated hydroponic farm to stay fed

also if you kill it now you still get the horn
>>
>>149273076
Im pretty sure it was in a press conferance after Nice had just happened.
France is just too used to being cucks that instead of doing shit theyd rather just accept it as a "reality" that theyre being forced to live in.
>>
Had a strange thing happen to me, thought it might be a bug.

One of my colonists suddenly has a break threshold of fucking 53% with the soft break at 60~%. This wasn't the case before and yet I can't see the thing that would bring the change on. It's as if the colonist suddenly became a fucking diva and is now constantly on the cusp of having a violent breakdown.

Any ideas?
>>
>>149273076
yes

the left solution to terrorism is to tolerate them
>>
What are the most valuable organs in terms of dosh and functionality? I am gonna farm some stuff from these two before burying the
>>
File: fuck OFF.gif (104KB, 200x209px) Image search: [Google]
fuck OFF.gif
104KB, 200x209px
>>149273215
>>149273285
Well this is infuriating
>>
File: screenshot33.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot33.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is there a use for uranium other than building statues and shit?
I want to build a nuclear power plant
>>149273317
If youre already planning on harvesting some organs, why not just clean them out and take them all
>>
>>149273076
“Times have changed, and France is going to have to live with terrorism, and we must face this together and show our collective sang-froid.”

He said it at a press conference right after Nice
He got booed out of the memorial service a day later
>>
>>149273375
isn't there a morality debuff for each organ?
>>
>>149273441
Probably to be honest. I haven't harvested shit in like 2 or 3 colonies so I don't really remember
>>
>>149273386
>sang-froid

How the fuck do people elect some window licking fuck like this into office.
>>
>>149273375
not him but "a prisoners organ was harvested" stacks
best to do it one at a time

desu I think it should only have a penalty if harvested organs are sold; sometimes I have to harvest organs to replace colonist ones lost in battle against scum fucking raiders who I then imprisoned
>>
File: 1358428646605.jpg (428KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
1358428646605.jpg
428KB, 800x611px
>>149273441

Psychopaths don't mind it
>>
File: screenshot34.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot34.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>they will prepare for a little, then attack
thanks
>>
>tfw no thrumbo gf
>>
File: make it.jpg (57KB, 1363x654px) Image search: [Google]
make it.jpg
57KB, 1363x654px
this guys will to live is admirable but damn, his bionic leg was shot and now he walks so slow it's not even funny

wish you could just make your guys carry others home
>>
File: blood trails.jpg (88KB, 1591x910px) Image search: [Google]
blood trails.jpg
88KB, 1591x910px
>>149274803
>>
Anyone know if Mods for say. 14d woould work for 14c?
>>
>>149275043
They do anon.
Also Kickass torrents got busted, can you believe that?
>>
>>149275262

Yes. Especially considering how the stupid motherfucker got caught.

>Used no VPN
>Had personal email registered to a Facebook account & goddamn Itunes, buys Itunes Mp3s with his personal bank account instead of a goddamn random cash to money disposable debit.

That poor fuck is boned. the RIAA's reach is strong nowadays.
>>
File: screenshot36.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot36.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149272172
just gonna steal that design entirely real quick
>>
File: screenshot37.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot37.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>bane's mask deteriorates into nothing
>he is now cowboy bane
honestly not even that mad
>>
>>149275971
you need to install some plasteel dentures on him

I know you can't choose the material, but I like to imagine. At least it will make his speech all fucked up like the real Bane.
>>
Currently its spring of the second year and my 4 dudes are all equipped with survival rifles and I have a few turrets up. Are assault rifles and LMG's worth building/looting or should I just rush charge rifles and power armor.
>>
>>149271576

fuk bualls
Coords: 94,73
>>
whats my priorities when starting a tribal colony?
how do i make comfy huts for them too
>>
>>149276510
Survival rifles are great, except if you're fighting tribals or masses of wild animals. I'm a fan of sniper rifles for long + grenades for short range.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-22+at+03.15.31).jpg (191KB, 1121x573px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-22+at+03.15.31).jpg
191KB, 1121x573px
i suck and don't know where to start building barracks or other essential buildings i may need. only done with a freezer and kitchen/recreation area
>>
File: shattered.jpg (18KB, 597x375px) Image search: [Google]
shattered.jpg
18KB, 597x375px
Left radius is on the leg right? I installed a bionic leg in hopes this would fix it but no. No way to fix this? The bionic leg did make her movement faster yes but it's not ENHANCED.
>>
>>149277074

Someone didn't pay attention in Human Anatomy

Her arm is badly injured. Left Radius is part of the forearm, Left to be precise. Connects to the Ulna.
>>
>>149276510
They are worth it in combat realism.
I personally limit myself to assault rifles and MGs because charge rifles are memes and power armour looks ugly af.
But survival rifles are better for hunting since there's less collateral damage and therefore less animal revenge events.
>>
File: 250px-Radius_-_anterior_view2.png (79KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Radius_-_anterior_view2.png
79KB, 250x250px
>>149277074
>Left radius is on the leg right?
no
>>
>>149276847
digging in when you're on a flat map is a waste of time
just build in the open; you need to build pillboxes anyway to deal with raiders
>>
>>149277074

Additionally the old Gunshot wound is probably fucking up her mobility. so you should've replaced that one instead. (Or both if they had old gunshot wounds)

Missing an Index finger doesn't help her either.
>>
>>149276510
make some assault rifles just to train shooting; survival rifles are great on someone who is already level 15 or above but they're a bad idea in the long run at lower levels
>>
>>149277814
You can craft weapons?
>>
File: Screenshot_15.jpg (25KB, 385x349px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_15.jpg
25KB, 385x349px
Why would you shoot a pawn before throwing him out of a colony?
>>
God damn it. I keep losing. I play on challenging Cass. And every time there's a new tantrum spiral. I try to start of small and get the basics running, but the raids just keep rolling in and everyone is injured and there is blood and crap everywhere. Then they all get the flu and the few guys standing break and hide in their rooms. God damn it. I've played the first year twenty times now since I got the game.
>>
File: 1413114946949.jpg (77KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413114946949.jpg
77KB, 814x500px
>>149278148
This took longer to happen than I expected.
>>
>>149278136
the poster I was replying to implied they can
I know it's possible in mods
>>
File: it smells.jpg (90KB, 1709x735px) Image search: [Google]
it smells.jpg
90KB, 1709x735px
What do you think it smells like in there?
>>
>>149278371
having the psychopath trait really helps. no negative modifers for killing, seeing blood/fresh bodies, and harvesting organs.
>>
>>149278646
>>149278136
Research machining to build guns and armor
YOu can already craft spears and other melee weapons almost immediately though
>>
File: dedroom.png (214KB, 577x439px) Image search: [Google]
dedroom.png
214KB, 577x439px
I know it's not a great idea to do this because whenever anyone drags another corpse in there they instantly get "saw a rotting corpse X50" and lose their minds but I just love being able to slowly watch the fools who attacked us rot away.

Burial or cremation is too good for them.
>>
>>149278707
What do they eat to generate all those hives?
>>
>>149277260
Nah it's because I'm not a native English speaker.
>>
>>149278810
Each other.
>>
>>149278371
Cassandra tends to be more difficult than Randy is. Hers is basically a curve that just skyrockets into the air and doesn't stop. At least with Randy you have downtime between the unpredictability.
>>
File: 20160722210521_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160722210521_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>149278739
Why not simply cut the invaders up selling their organs and eat the rest?. It's eco friendly
>>
>>149278810
rocks
metal
the occasional colonist
>>
>>149278893
Because they must die fully, no cell survives
>>
>>149278846
Not being a native english speaker is no excuse to thinking the radius is a leg bone.
>>
>>149278898
>>149278869
I dislike hives because it's illogical, the bugs should need to eat to spawn more bugs/hives. An empty rock cave shouldn't result in a massive thriving colony.
>>
>>149279028
It is actually. If you are a native English speaker you have no fucking say in the matter.
>>
File: Screenshot_16.jpg (67KB, 580x486px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_16.jpg
67KB, 580x486px
>>
>Stopped raid with a new prisoner
>suddenly, mother fucking flu plague
>six out of 10 get it
>send everyone to beds
>food running low after a while
>temperature reaching -8 at nights so I need heaters everywhere
>getting worried
>"The ash has started to settle"
wew
>>
>>149279242
I'M NOT YOU FAGGOT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>149279250
What's Hawk's problem?
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>149279316
wow calm your autism
>>
So is Rimworld playable on my shitty television monitor yet or am I just stuck being unable to play the game?
>>
>>149280226
If you yourself call the tv-monitor shitty, I'm going to say that you can't play the game.
>>
>>149280589
I'm the guy that already had to refund the game because the UI scaling won't allow a vertical resolution below like 720-something, so half the UI was just flying off the screen entirely

That $30 still isn't back in my bank account, fuck you Gaben where's my money
>>
>>149279492
half of her body was shred by mortars
and I forgot to turn of the med bed at time
>>
Any use for uranium?
I'm thinking of letting my sculptors have at it.
>>
>>149280709
Where do you live? Even at a goodwill "used crap" store you could find an old 1600x900 monitor for like 10-15$.
>>
how do you get your colonists to not eat when they're like only 1/4 hungry
>>
>>149281661
Cryosleep Caskets.

Furniture that doesn't burn? I think that's it. No nuclear reactors. Even the ship reactor just uses steel+plasteel.
>>
How do I feed livestock?
>>
this fucking game has some serious batshit insane moments.

>all settlers have regular perks not affecting food
>one of new settlers constantly tries to eat raw fucking eggs
>have 3 10+ skill cooks
>shitloads of veggies, meats from my chickens, cobras and iguanas
>there are lavish meals all around my pantry
>he fucking all the time eats raw eggs
>i have to manually set him to eat regular meals so he won't get poisoned
>there are literally no perks/effects on his character chart affecting this

What the fuck man
>>
>>149282281
Well, I don't plan on actually leaving any time soon so it's pretty useless to me, thanks anon.
>>149282374
Make Kibble on a butchering table, some animals will eat grass if you let them leave your cave.
>>
>Self-tamed squirrel

What am I supposed to do with this thing
>>
>>149282669
eat it, train taming
>>
>Upgrade to 14c mega download

>Game immediately updated to 14d

>deleted my 14c mods
>14d mods won't work for whatever reason.

Well shit.
>>
>>149282796
why not just buy the game........................................
>>
>>149282525
Sometimes certain people will just eat raw fucking food for no reason ALL THE TIME but I'm pretty sure they don't actually complain about it, I think it's gotta be like a hidden character preference
>>
>>149282669
Get another Squirrel and breed them, then train them all and set your army of attack squirrels onto anyone who invades.
>>
File: hive.jpg (137KB, 1435x897px) Image search: [Google]
hive.jpg
137KB, 1435x897px
So I thought I'd just ignore these guys because I like the meat but I think I've fucked up. These guys have made even the fucking roof collapse now. I thought they would mine for me too but they've literally taken a slice of the mountain now.

Think I need a nuclear bomb now.
>>
>>149283023
I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>149283172
You need six fire mortars
>>
>>149283067
Speaking of armies, my cobras breed like fucking retarded.

From 5 females i usually get from 25 to almost 40 eggs.

Is it a good idea to train those cobras in obedience and set them on one melee tamer so he can unleash hell when I'm raided sieged?
>>
File: hive 2.jpg (69KB, 998x905px) Image search: [Google]
hive 2.jpg
69KB, 998x905px
>>149283172
Here's another hive up north featuring some friendly visitors who came to help.
>>
What can I do to mitigate the effects of ....Ztts?
>>
>Waiting for modders to update to 14d
>>
Are traps gay?

Pic related, I'm still working on the design.
>>
>>149284513

Roofs over electronic devices (not including power conduits), for protection against rain.

I think flooring and cleanliness maaaaaaaay have an effect as well mmmmmmaybe?

Outside of that its pretty much a random event as far as I know. It just kinda happens.
>>
>>149284694

Gay in the sense that you're breaking survival realism to take advantage of dumb AI, maybe.

Do what you want to do my man.
>>
Can I not capture Scythers and Centipedes?

I want to harvest their organs but I dunno how to do it without capturing them first.
>>
File: ty_is_a_dumb_punk.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ty_is_a_dumb_punk.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149284694
No, they're pretty good, but some raiders will actually try to go around them. There's even a specialized raid event where a bunch of guys with grenades will try to blow their way into your walls.

As demonstrated by Tynan here, one of the raiders is going through the traps, but the other one is trying to knock down the doors.
>>
>>149282181
ebin
simply ebin
>>
File: Tynan_is_a_dead_sumb_punk.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tynan_is_a_dead_sumb_punk.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>149285315
However, traps do melee damage so they will kill even shielded enemies. Sometimes the other raiders will try to break doors on their way out even if there's a clear path out just to fuck you over.
>>149285252
No, you need a machinig table to harvest their shit.
>>
>>149282525
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhkdLHSKo9s

TRAIN HIM
>>
>>149285727
>>149285315
Oh yeah, I know. It's not going to be my only defense.
>>
File: hive.jpg (120KB, 1303x827px) Image search: [Google]
hive.jpg
120KB, 1303x827px
>>149283172
It's getting worse.
>>
>>149254326
>>149282796

14d

mega dot nz /#!IZoWECTZ!nRFi6IKqq-xCGb31JoTkHu1UZYDN85j0E4ekZ9Og3Fk
>>
File: 20160722140024_1.jpg (221KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160722140024_1.jpg
221KB, 1600x900px
>Food troubles
>Manhunters roll by
>mfw embrasures
>>
>>149282525

I keep 5 fine meals and 5 simple meals in my freezer at all times.

But half my fucking colony just eats raw potatoes and berries.

Had to start disallowing them and re-allowing them just so cooks could use them, before switching them back to disallowed.

Who the fuck eats 15 raw potatos when theres a god damn nice meal sitting there.
>>
>>149285727
I have one, it doesn't grab the claws when you deconstruct it. Apparently it needs to be alive for you to remove the claw.
>>
>>149283172
Sprites of these are shittiest in the game. The brown ones (megaspiders?) are supposed to look insect\arachnid but all I see is a squirrel decked in late medieval platemail.
>>
File: 1466753486783.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1466753486783.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>149283172
>>149286135
Every fuckin time, I swear.
>>
>>149286350

Not really. Well, basically all the limbs are not put into the game, like Rayman, except their hands don't float.

I think it's because he doesn't have to animate them. If he did draw in feet now then you'd have characters who just drag their feet on the ground.

We can just hope for some graphical overhauls now that the steam release is out.
>>
File: 1436306900806.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436306900806.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>149285935
>>
>can't do anything that relies on manipulation
>comes with massive melee skill
>almost perfectly suited for combat

Clearly giving him a Painstopper and removing his arms for swords was the best plan.
>>
>>149282525
Someone should tell him that chicken breast is a far better source of protein.
>>
>>149287370
>That social
>tfw Gunboat diplomacy
>>
>>149286807
So, you suggest that a legless spider looks like an armored squirrel?
>>
>>149287370
>bloodlust
and what will you do when he starts a social fight
>>
>>149279250
Fuck the flu
This has been the most difficult shit I've had to deal with in this place
My head researcher and medic went fucking berserk and tried to kill her researcher and medic friend, had to fucking beat her and calm her down then proceed to fix her, losing a thumb
Thank god Olga didn't went mad or we would be dead
>>
>>149272172
you don't need pathways for that?!
>>
>>149287601
Harvest their organs.

He'll separate the wheat from the chaff.
>>
>slowly settling a colony
>everything goes fine so far, set up a chicken coop and food piles up
>suddenly one of settlers goes berserk
>his sister died apparently
>had to beat him into submission
>week passes
>he goes berserk again
>now his fucking mother died
>doing my best to keep his mood up
>2 seasons pass
>radom pod lands with a survivor
>its this settlers sister

This fucking game...
>>
File: 1920x1440-dark_gore_sci_fi-4868.jpg (431KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1920x1440-dark_gore_sci_fi-4868.jpg
431KB, 1920x1440px
>>149287370
>Bloodlust
>Brawler
>Scyther Arms
Yeah, not like this would turn out badly at all.
>>
>>149287370
How the fuck do you get Scyther arms?

I've been raided like 7 times by robots and can only salvage them for plasteel and components.
>>
>>149287964
You guys worry too much, it'll be fine.
>>
>>149276847
look for fertile soil. you can easily live on berries and your starting rations until the crops is ready.
make 3x5 patches of taters, rice, corn, berries and a big patch of wood.
this will probably solve your nutrition and wood problems for the first year.
>>
>>149288119
You have to incapacitate them without damaging their claws. Then go to their Health menu and set a bill to remove their claws.

It doesn't work if their claws are damaged/they die, so it's largely up to RNG.
>>
>>149287370
You could say that he's suited for aggressive negotiations.
>>
File: faggot.png (1015KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
1015KB, 1280x800px
What do you guys do to stupid useless fucks like this literal faggot?

He keeps going into Psychosis because hes constantly jealous of nothing because his room is identical to the others and getting perma rebuffed by my manly lumberjack who wants nothing to do with a fag.

He even gets the most sleep and joy time and he still does this.

Should I just make him disappear?
So far hes just a waste of food, all he can do is his fucking sculptures and cry, even the wolves are better haulers.
>>
File: The first wave.png (674KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
The first wave.png
674KB, 1366x768px
Time to test him, this is the first time I'll let him into combat after fully augmenting him.

I wish it was fleshy humans, but I think he stands a decent chance of tearing apart robots.
>>
File: 1362159432532.jpg (151KB, 817x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1362159432532.jpg
151KB, 817x1000px
>>149288553
You already know what to do.
>>
>>149288553
Permanent cleaning duty.
>>
>>149288597
Hope you gave him a shield.
>>
>>149288553
Have him build a statue for his own room so he'll stop being a jealous fag and he'll be happier. Also, make him haul and clean.
>>
File: Minor damage.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Minor damage.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Victory.

He took some damage, which is unfortunate, but I hopefully can get him a replacement Kidney.

On the bright side, he incapacitated two more Scythers, allowing me to harvest their blades.
>>
What's with the fucking turtles
Every time I sent my wolves to haul shit over the map they come back with turtle wounds
>>
>>149288553
>Gay graphics designer marooned on a deathworld goes on tantrums because his room isn't nice enough
Planet is literally trying to kill them. They know this. Shoot the panicky idiot.
>>
>>149289446
Three blades, since one of my people fucked up trying to remove one and cut the claw. Which means I can't harvest it.
>>
How big are IED explosions? Is this safe if I have people behind the sandbags?
>>
>>149289572
wolves will actively kill shit
turtles are very hard to kill but still considered valid targets by predatory animals

I have seen many a bear with a missing leg from fighting a turtle

one time I saw the same turtle down two bears sequentially by biting off their legs. I rescued and tamed that turtle. He was never fast enough to reach combat before it ended.
>>
>>149289446
Let me get this right. Did you send him alone against three scythers? And he killed them?
>>
File: untitled.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>149289946
>>
>>149289980
Give him bionic legs.
>>
File: 20160722144758_1.jpg (246KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160722144758_1.jpg
246KB, 1600x900px
>That infestation placement
W E W L A D
>>
Why aren't they feeding kibble to my pigs? Do I need to make a stockpile where they are?
>>
>>149290194
Yeah you do have to place basically a hauli spot for kibble, best is near animals beds.

I've learned this the hard way while having 3 elephants going rampant on my crops.
>>
>>149290189
O'Connell, clean your room. This is how we get ants.
>>
>>149289446

>Simple Prosthetic leg

Nigga what the fuck. If your gonna go Chromehard at least do it right.

Bionic limbs or bust. Bionic Spine. Synthetic Organs.
The whole nine yards.
>>
how do you get max mood room size? like whats the building gonna look like. got the game recently im learning the ropes
>>
>>149290194

This.

Edit the Animal Area zone and remove any food areas that you don't want animals to have access to.

After that, make a small stockpile zone in the animal feeding area, and edit the restrictions so that only kibble is allowed. Set priority to Important.

Bam.
I fucking love the zoning, restrictions and area shit in this game.
>>
>>149290672
Make the entire map one room, except for a 9x9 shared bedroom for everyone else.
>>
>>149290021
Yes. He absolutely shredded them, the longest part was the long walk to reach them while they fired. He took about three seconds to kill the first, two to kill the second, and four-five to kill the third. He didn't even get hurt until he was fighting the last one.

With my main doctor's skill (16) he was up in half a day, the only real damage being his missing kidney. Once I get a prisoner I'll harvest their organs and he'll be good as new (minus a small move debuff from missing a toe, maybe I can get him a bionic leg soon).
>>
>>149289446
Is there any practical use to having two scyther claws/power claws? I thought you only need one for the full melee benefit.
>>
>>149290924
2 claw = 2 damage idjiot
>>
>>149291038
Sounds pretty OP.
>>
>>149290616
I haven't had traders in two years, I'll be upgrading him as soon as I get the Bionic parts.

All I have is Scyther Claws. Unless I can replace his legs with claws as well, he's stuck for a while.
>>
>>149290924
Err, yeah?

They alternate fists between melee attacks. One claw is a damage boost, but two is superior for damage.
>>
File: thatsit.jpg (286KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
thatsit.jpg
286KB, 1280x800px
>>149289245
didn't help
he was just always 0 in joy and he never did anything to fix it, while everyone else is always near 100.

Time to go full Russia on this fag.
>>
>>149292028
Beat him into submission, then treat him without medicine.

Repeat till you have god tier brawler and medic.
>>
File: The second wave.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
The second wave.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Humans have appeared shortly after the robot wave.

Their numbers are impressive, I'm very interested to see if my Machine Man can take them all out.
>>
>>149292028
Let the raiders kidnap him and turn him into their sex slave
>>
Well fuck me I guess.

Finally get things going, I have an abundance of food and a couple of decent new recruits. A sweet spot with a temporary village/courtyard and I'm mining into the mountain for a base proper. Suddenly, heatwave. Everyone topples over and dies.
>>
File: 20160722150908_1.jpg (254KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160722150908_1.jpg
254KB, 1600x900px
>mfw mufflao manhunters
>>
Summertime in Boreal Forest.

Only got one guy that can gather and haul.

Should I dedicate his time to harvesting from every bush he possibly can, to prepare for fall and winter?
>>
>>149292313
I locked him on a secondary freezing locker, how long does this berserk mental break take?

Will it pass or am I going to have to surround and have a good old fag beating in a freezing locker?
>>
>>149293017
It's almost always better to beat them into submission, unless you want them kill your animals or other settlers.
>>
File: ghjghjghjghjghj.png (2MB, 1920x1020px) Image search: [Google]
ghjghjghjghjghj.png
2MB, 1920x1020px
>tfw started a new tribe
>chilling in the starting area plodding along, had a spot fire so i cleared our enterance
>few days later thunderstorm
>raging fires everywhere except my comfy alcove
now if this guy could stop being a sad cunt and some traders would come through everything will be looking swell for this colony
>>
>Animal rampage! All the bunnies are humaneaters now
It was actually awful for my chikens
>>
>>149292923
Is that a mod, those firing slits?
>>
>>149293192
k I just sent my crazy tiny asian brawling medic inside and she beat the fuck out of the fag in 2 swings.

Also I kind of forgot to feed a prisoner and he has extreme malnourishment, is there a way to automate feeding him?
>>
File: Man God Machine.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Man God Machine.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>149292524
Another victory.

Six dead to his claws, one incapacitated from friendly fire. His kidney will make a fine replacement. Time to see if I can kill anymore of them.
>>
>Everyone but my masochist becomes afflicted with Sensory mechanites
JUST

>>149293459
Yup. Embrasures. You can find it on the Steam workshop. Turns manhunters into free meals.
>>
File: firefox_2016-07-21_06-20-49.png (364KB, 444x339px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-07-21_06-20-49.png
364KB, 444x339px
>distress call from someone being chased by a tribe
>what the hell, accept
>survive the assault with minor injuries
>she immediately goes berserk because her bed wasn't built and she was cold and she's a nudist wearing clothes
>>
>>149293192
Now he went into a daze while injured and he won't stay in bed or get treated, I should just kill him.
>>
File: 1419574370074.gif (70KB, 156x267px) Image search: [Google]
1419574370074.gif
70KB, 156x267px
>>149293534
>>
File: not sure if want.png (17KB, 614x470px) Image search: [Google]
not sure if want.png
17KB, 614x470px
>ninja assassin

I kind of want to see what that is like, but my fighters are currently bed-ridden. What to do.
>>
File: hisss.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hisss.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>149293494
If you have a doctor on duty he should be automatically fed, unless the doc is sleeping then just right click on him when he's in bed to feed him.

Also, rate my tamer loadout, he wields dual elephant tusks.
>>
>>149293858
Continue beatings until morale improves.
>>
File: hive.jpg (142KB, 1318x880px) Image search: [Google]
hive.jpg
142KB, 1318x880px
>>149286135
it's getting even worse but I did clean up the hive in the north but now this hive is way too hard to tag and run

going to need incendiary shit for this
>>
File: 1372556965569.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1372556965569.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>149294065
do it pussy
>>
File: not worth it.png (945KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
not worth it.png
945KB, 1366x768px
>>149294065
>>149294190
Well that was a bust, her stats are meh and she's a fucking pyro.

Maybe I should just leave her outside and let them kill her.
>>
>>149294625
even better shoot her and let them finish her off
>>
File: 2016_07_23 00_39_01.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016_07_23 00_39_01.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Welp, there goes this campaign.
>>
>>149294183
So letting hives grow is a bad thing? Good to know.
>>
>>149294070
That's a lot of arboks, good on ya.
>>149294625
She's ok at shooting.
Give her a rifle and defend the colony because they're coming for you anyway.
You can always sell her to pirates.
>>
>>149293494
If your wardens\nurses are not preoccupied, it's automatic.
Prisoners also can use of stockpiled food and paste dispensers.
>>
File: L O N D O N.png (9KB, 424x158px) Image search: [Google]
L O N D O N.png
9KB, 424x158px
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>149294070
Y-you have a gang of s-snakes?
>>
>>149294868
And 34 more eggs ready for hatching.

Seriously, cobras breed almost as retardingly fast as chickens.
>>
>>149294818
Record the last stand.
>>
File: 500px-Cassandra.png (221KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Cassandra.png
221KB, 500x538px
>>149294818
>Cassandra creates story events on a steadily-increasing curve of challenge and tension.
GG no RE
>>
>>149294939
mmm
my medic is also a researcher, but I have doctor as 1 and research as 3 and she is always researching, never feeding prisoners
>>
File: 1441496340913.jpg (30KB, 273x254px) Image search: [Google]
1441496340913.jpg
30KB, 273x254px
>>149294982
>>
>>149295128
If they're not bedridden, wardens do that. There's also a switch in prisoner menu whether he gets food.
>>
>>149295047
Cassandra is a cruel bitch.

Randy is fun but kinda EZ mode from my experience, despite all the shit he likes to throw at once.
>>
>>149294841
Why are you being a fuckhead?
>>
The fag just wont fix his joy problem, what can I do?
Is there a way to force people or something?
>>
>>149295047
Cassandra is a shit, it just fucks you up with no tension but a solid wall of unbeatable baddness.
It also downs the good events after a while, and traders are good event, so you are left alone before inevitable end.

Randy at least provides df-reminiscent game flow. Though the game doesn't have that much to make that fun in any run longer that on cassandra.
>>
So do diseases actually fucking get ANY bonuses for treatment from medicine?

Had a colonist come down with the Plague.
With fucking glitterworld medicine, died at 99%.
With treatment but no medicine, died at 99%.
What the FUCK.
>>
File: 1445639263987.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445639263987.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>149294183
You might wanna get that fixed
>>
>Electric Smelter
>oh boy time to get tons of steel
>10 per chunk
whats the fucking point of this?
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 192x263px
>>149240269
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726641991

Have you tried it yet anon?
Battle Royale style collars attaches to every escapee on the planet.
Environment that seeks to kill you.
Manhunter packs of Wargs, artic wolves and trumbos.
Little room for error.

8 ubermen and 2 huskies. Do you have what it takes to survive this shit?

Pic related, it's your dudes if they manage to build the ship and gtfo
>>
>>149295909
it's supposed to supplementary

by the time you have it, most of the steel on the map around your base should be gone, making it easier to get steel by smelting drop pod parts
>>
>>149294625
>ninja assassin
>was a mall ninja all along
wew lad
>>
>>149295969
stop shilling your scenario

include a download so pirates can play it and i MIGHT give it a try
>>
>>149295909
You can also smelt the shitty melee weapons left over from raids and shit ranged weapons too, not only for steel but also plasteel.
>>
>>149295357
Yeah nobody is doing it, I cant even force my medic to feed him, have to use another guy
>>
>>149296193
It's the scenario from like a week ago, same with the exiled tribe and the one with the psychopath cannibals. This is the only one that made is being updated and balanced.

Add me on steam and I can give you a copy of the scenario, search for Gustav the Bastard.
>>
File: 620734-deathworld___no.2__1990.jpg (157KB, 829x1280px) Image search: [Google]
620734-deathworld___no.2__1990.jpg
157KB, 829x1280px
I really like the idea of the Hospitality mod, because I love trying to run a hotel on a deathworld. But I kinda wonder, are my people really colonists for this planet or were they headed to a less fucked up planet?
>>
>Start new lone explorer game
>Decide fuck it and open the nearby ancient ruin
>3 pods and megascarabs
>2 podpeople are killed by scarabs
>Kill them, lose finger
>Arrest survivor with great stats, claim site as my home
>2 Good condition SMGs, 50+ gold, lots of clothing, some insect meat and 48 plasteel

P good start
There won't be any repercussions for opening this place up later, will there?
>>
>>149296694
Is the area where the prisoner is being held forbidden or is the "negotiator" job unassigned?
>>
>>149296748
>search for Gustav the Bastard.
>no exact matches
>30 thousand results
>>
File: goddamn fags.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn fags.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>149296880
he just won't stop ruining everything around him
>>
>>149296925
Shit really?
I'm playing rimworld right now. Gimme your name and I'll add you .
>>
>>149297082
acoptch
>>
>>149296842
I like to think they were slinghsotting through and then they hit an asteroid so instead of fucking off into deep space on a wrecked ship they decided to take their chances on that rimworld they were orbiting.

I think the reasons behind your colonists being there at all are left ambiguos so you can make up your own backstory.
>>
>>149296842
It depends on the scenario.

The classic one, which was forced for every playthrough before A14, was that on a random spaceliner transporting people in cryosleep, something happened and so a few escaped in drop pods on the planet below.

There was originally supposed to be a campaign where you find the guy who crashed it and kick his ass or whatever, but it was scrapped for a more open-story experience.
>>
>>149297342
0 results

Gimme your url
>>
File: dhrumbo xDDD.png (22KB, 735x752px) Image search: [Google]
dhrumbo xDDD.png
22KB, 735x752px
wew
>>
File: 1463696547174.png (231KB, 655x522px) Image search: [Google]
1463696547174.png
231KB, 655x522px
>>149297790
http://steamcommunity.com/id/acoptch/
>>
File: rw1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rw1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>149270132
>Killzone has no turrets or sandbags
>Pillbox only has room for a 2-4 defenders
Stopped r8ing there.
>>
>>149297764
>There was originally supposed to be a campaign where you find the guy who crashed it and kick his ass or whatever, but it was scrapped for a more open-story experience.
That would have been kinda neat. At least it would have been more interesting than just building a new spaceship and blasting off.
>>
>>149298120
Well, with the new scenario system it wouldn't have made such sense anyways, and you'd end up going it every game, so i can see why it was axed
>>
>try purchasing this game on steam with a gift card
>get an error and the transaction is marked as pending on the website so I can't
nice game rimbabs
>>
File: jGds0C1.jpg (275KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
jGds0C1.jpg
275KB, 1366x768px
>>149298207
Could have rigged it up like Stellaris does with the Commonwealth of Man, if that start is chosen they get a special questline. The crashed colonists scenario would get the wrecked colony ship plotline.

To be honest though, I mostly want quests and possibly the chance to lead a boarding action.
>>
>>149296193
Its actually my scenario. Don't think people outside the author can give you a copy of the scenario. So here it goes:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=14890456013744844930

Keep in mind this is an updated version of the map and you'll need the latest version. I don't keep older versions either, sorry.

>>149295969
Thanks for the shilling, but please stop. Although I like the choice of picture and the name. If you liked it, comment WHEN you escape and rate it once you escape.

Thanks.
>>
>>149298941
Okay then, awesome scenario. Going to make anything else?
>>
File: snowman_at_arms.png (10KB, 230x264px) Image search: [Google]
snowman_at_arms.png
10KB, 230x264px
>>149295969
>>149298941
>>149298941

Holy shit, he's both the shill and the swindler.
>>
>>149298571
You sure this has anything to do with this particular game?

It might have something to do with the fact that a lot of online resellers were discovered selling stolen CD keys etc. like G2A got discovered.

Though I never use gift cards but I'd reckon you can buy them online too where they send you scans. That's how I bought credit on my consoles anyway.
>>
File: you.png (541KB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
541KB, 3840x1080px
>>149299303
Yep
>>
>>149299219
When I do, it'll probably come from 4chan again.
I'll try to include updated versions for the buccaneers too. But its a hassle to keep it updated.
>>
>>149299413
No it's just a problem with the gift card I'm sure. I sent a support ticket in to have the transaction cleared so I can try again. Probably something glitchy happened that made the transaction not complete and steam or the gift card is not able to finalize the purchase just keep it on hold.
>>
How do you lock doors?
>>
>>149298028
>Seraph
>Ichabod

Ohshi, is that Carousel? I remember this shit.
That ship takeoff
>>
>>149299942
You can't lock them technically, but you can keep your colonists from using them.
Select a door and press F.
>>
>>149300060
This guy locked his door >>149298028
>>
File: hive.jpg (176KB, 1601x900px) Image search: [Google]
hive.jpg
176KB, 1601x900px
>>149294183
Final report on this hive that I pretty much let grow for as long as it wanted without interruptions.

This is a boreal forest region and it's 7th of winter. All the tiny babies died in the cold to hypothermia. This lead to the hives dying I believe or perhaps the massive ceiling caving exposed the hives to the "outside", which meant they lost health over time.

Now with no hives left all the bugs will wander and attack everything on sight. This is bad obviously but they aren't a massive threat if I keep everyone in safety.

Neat evolution. Also those glowing pods can be claimed, uninstalled and stored away. My next experiment is to drop these pods into a closed environment and let them gestate during summer.
>>
>>149295969
This is my shit right here. I played when the explosion was 8 spaces, then it went down to 2, and now it's the flame explosion of 2. Shit is chaotic as fuck, it makes melee without a shield damn near suicide.

Fucking scenario is fun as fuck though.

>>149298941
Thanks for making that, keep up the updates.
>>
>>149300274
I assume its a mod, but then again, I might be wrong.

>>149300482
Will do, subscribe on steam or ask for the map in these threads and I can always upload an updated version.
>>
File: hive.jpg (70KB, 1112x842px) Image search: [Google]
hive.jpg
70KB, 1112x842px
>>149300342
Here's a bit zoomed out. They are moving everywhere now. Since they have no hives left I predict the fuckers will slowly starve to death as no insect jelly will be produced. This means if I wait a week they should all die on their own.
>>
File: Steam_2016-07-22_18-48-00.png (6KB, 617x58px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2016-07-22_18-48-00.png
6KB, 617x58px
>>149299887
The worst part is I decided to buy the game with another card figuring it's going to take steam support upwards to 3 days to see my ticket and I get this message.
Apparently I might have to wait upwards to an hour.
>>
>>149300274
>>149300656
Miscellaneous mods with MAI, Locked Doors.
>>
>>149300694
>not adding funds to steam wallet and then buying

What the fuuuuck
>>
File: mass_cremation.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mass_cremation.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So I just got a crematorium, which means now I can cremate all the dead bodies so I can place solar panels instead, hope no one goes berserk because of this.
>>
A naked old lady fell down from the sky and she's a better shot than any of my colonists, but I'm being besieged, should I go get her?
>>
>>149300912
What's the benefit of that? Still won't allow me to purchase the game even if I do that.
>>
>>149300912
??

replying to the wrong anon I assume. I own the game on Steam :DD
>>
How can I make it so my guys don't go inside the prison area to eat at their table?

I don't like how you can only select a single area for them to be work because then my miners don't go out and mine.
>>
>>149300874
MAI mod is quite great if you hate management, the hauling bots are great. The only thing I can't stand about that mod is the fact that your MAIs can get into social fights(and they are gods of melee) so they demolish your colonists, often taking arms/legs/eyes/noses/etc after a social fight.
>>
File: SS Balthazar.png (3MB, 1920x1056px) Image search: [Google]
SS Balthazar.png
3MB, 1920x1056px
>>149300043
>Ship
Ugh, don't fucking remind me.

>>149300274
>>149300656
>>149300874
No mods, sorry. These are screens from I think like the first week the game was ever playable, but I never installed anything besides the base game, so it must have been a feature that was removed?
>>
File: breakup.jpg (44KB, 600x1115px) Image search: [Google]
breakup.jpg
44KB, 600x1115px
>mfw the Janitor guy is in constant pain
>permanent mood negativity

welp this is going to send him over the edge
>>
File: docile.jpg (41KB, 973x764px) Image search: [Google]
docile.jpg
41KB, 973x764px
>>149300694
Turns out without hives they become insanely docile and stop attacking humans entirely, even if provoked.

They also seem to be now doing cannibalism and eating each others corpses to survive.

They do attack though but only if you walk up close to them in melee range or if they wander close to you.
>>
>>149301380
That ship looks like gay rave club.
>>
>>149301817
TRAIN THEM
>>
File: Carousel Final.png (3MB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
Carousel Final.png
3MB, 1920x1051px
>>149301919
I really liked colored lighting.
>>
File: training.jpg (96KB, 1138x783px) Image search: [Google]
training.jpg
96KB, 1138x783px
>>149302015
If you mean taming them sadly that isn't possible. However I am using them as target practice.
>>
File: rimworld ship.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld ship.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
>>149301380
I took my colony's wealth with me. Or at least pretended to.
>>
>>149302163
Your entire colony looks like a gay rave club.
>>
>>149302163
>Thousands of rock chunks surrounding the complex
But why? Also
>Those three foodstations stuck together
Benihana/10
>>
>>149302163
Good luck repairing those solar panels cramped one to another when they break.
>>
Traders don't come anywhere near as often as they should tbqh

It's not like I have any money anyway
>>
File: fugg.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
What a god damn shitstorm.

>defenses are pretty bad, no guns
>randy has been nice, every raid has been one guy
>suddenly 7 heavily armed pirates
>fight them with everything I got, including molotovs
>pirates flee, 6/7 of my guys are downed
>massive fire breaks out
>try to heal some and fight the fire simultaneously
>more people get up and start firefighting
>cue zerk
>random wildlife runs into the broken base and start tearing me up
>all my useful people are dead, the rest are dying

You can't reclaim bases can you?
>>
File: untitled.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
1MB, 1600x900px
send help
>>
So do Mechanites ever go away? I don't see an immunity percentage.
>>
File: Masterwork.png (2MB, 1914x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Masterwork.png
2MB, 1914x1054px
>>149302447
I'm okay with this

>>149302596
If I remember correctly, the rock piles slowed people down to walk over like a lot. That long red passage on the right was typically the most used entrance, but next to all my entrances besides the rock covered ones where piles of blocks, so that the second a raid started I could wall them off, see
>>149298028
I dont know if its still like this, but enemy AI ignored walled off areas if there was a door to head towards, even if it was locked, that way I could seal off all ways and funnel them through the rockpiles for slow slaughter.

>>149302852
I barely used them after creation, I was suddenly having serious power drain and couldn't figure out why until someone in thread pointed out how much power Sun Lamps use, which I was currently using for mood lighting all over my base. Once I took them out the solar panels stopped being necessary.
>>
File: The Gray Vulture.png (33KB, 432x495px) Image search: [Google]
The Gray Vulture.png
33KB, 432x495px
>>149304149
Your masterwork rifle is good and all, but my rifle kills tribals with the power of art!
>>
So what can you do with people that come down in rescue pods?
Are they just a waste of resources to heal?
They never join.
>>
>>149304149
>A clown looking contemplative while holding a landmine

Drawfags pls
>>
>>149304941
Capture them, not the other option.
>>
File: untitled.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>149303759
only one person died(so far), but she was someone's wife and someone's daughter so everyone is super sad
>>
Could someone help me out with zones?

As in, I can't figure it out at all.

I can make new zones and name them but I can't seem to define them on the map, making them worthless.

The zones I start with don't seem defined either.
>>
>Update to the latest build
>D
>Decide to redownload all my mods
>Delete the old ones etc

>Only one of my mods is 14D compatible.

Well fuck.
>>
>>149306049
Any 14x mod will be compatible.
>>
>>149306147
>>149306147

They all show up as red in my mod list.

Infact I get a wrong-version error when starting the game.
>>
What do you guys do with new recruits that overlap the skills and uses of another older one that has better stats and at the same time can't clean or haul?
>>
>>149307070
Eat
>>
What the flying fuck do you do about pyromaniacs?
>>
How do I git gud at keeping mood up?
>>
>>149307293
Youth in asia will take care of that problem.
>>
i would not consider myself a drawfag by any means but if anyone has funny ideas for ms paint comics about rimworld i will doodle them up
>>
>>149307293
I just let them have at it, my janitor usually takes care of the fires before it becomes a problem.
>>
>>149307293
See >>149307207
>>
>people eating standing up even with tables and chairs
why?
>>
>>149301474
>leather stored in line of sight of workshops
Leather stacks, meat and corpses give huge beauty debuffs.

Always store them behind a wall so the special snowflakes don't look at them while they are all dressed in the exact same fucking thing FUCKING HATE THIS NIGGER TYNAN
>>
if they got infection but immunity does the infection matter?
>>
>>149297829
This shit speaks to me, man
Also, how do I force my doggos to eat corpses in my dead nigger storage?
I'll admit it's a small distance away from my base/their beds, but a few started starving because I blocked off the dining hall so they couldn't eat prepared meals
>>
>>149283172
Get furnace mod and cook them.
>>
>find a nice spot on the map
>it's 2close to the map border so raids will fuck me over
this tickles my autism way too fucking much
I always feel forced to build in the middle of the map to avoid this
>>
>>149303898
It takes about 5 hours real time.

Save game, edit your save file and set the remaining ticks to some lower value. It's what I do since it's absolutely retarded.
>>
>>149308412
restrict all the areas with food except for the corpse storage

once they get hungry and can't path to normal food they'll eat the corpses no problem
>>
>>
>>149308176
It still affects them but it will not kill them anymore and will be gone really fast.

>>149308489
Use a larger map setting.
>>
>>149308176
if they get immunity there's a small ass window where they can still die, but if the infection starts going back down you're safe
>>
File: 1456012889414.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1456012889414.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>149308502
>5 hours real time
Alright, what am I editing and where do I find it
>>
>>149291538
Wait you cant manufacture synth stuff? Fuck dis game I swear. Better be a mod for this shit.
>>
>>149272961
They need to mod Thumbos to produce wool.
It's eating all of my trees on the outskirts, it may as well keep me warm too since I can't light a a goddamn fire
>>
>>149308531
>>
>Maskinen have rejected Myer's proposal
>Myer have rejected Maskinen's proposal
>Maskinen have rejected Myer's proposal
>Myer have rejected Maskinen's proposal

Are people in this game retarded?
>>
>Flu
>a day later
>plague
droppign this game like a fucking rock
>>
@149309457
>Going into the jungle on your first colony
>Dropping a game based on bad luck
Not even worth the (You)
>>
>>149276813
Wait, are survival rifles actually better than AR's?
My current force is 3 snipers, 1AR, 1-2 charge rifles (depending on mortar usage) 0-1 lmg's (one again, dependant on mortars) and 3-4 melee users (one may hold a grenade instead)
I'm playing vanilla, tho
>>
>>149307846
Maybe they have lazy trait?

Had one fucker that was too damn lazy to move with his meal to a table.

And the fucking table was 2 tiles awat from pantry.
>>
>>149309819
Grenades are shit, eventually you won't be looking and a melee guy will run into the middle of your group and everybody will get blown to bits
>>
File: fffttttttfttdffftt.gif (188KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fffttttttfttdffftt.gif
188KB, 400x400px
>>149309371
it's because the other person is beautiful

that's what you get for recruiting really pretty people

your hope is to put the person under constant surgeries and disfigure her or send her in battle so she loses a few toes and fingers and when others see her they will think "ewww what a disfigured cripple" and spit in her face instead of propose
>>
>>149308723
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves

They are all xml files even though they got a .rws type. Look for your disease name and then ticks remaining or ticks until disappears some such.
>>
>>149310524
Thanks lad
>>
>>149307325
Pls
>>
>>149310930
>check needs
>find problem
>fix problem
>???
>profit!
>>
>>149309802
>not dropping the game on retarded rng
>>
File: 1448232741955.gif (2MB, 224x126px) Image search: [Google]
1448232741955.gif
2MB, 224x126px
>Started with pet dog
>Can't do anything with it, animals skill too low
>LOOK OUT MAD ANIMAL ON THE RAMPAGE
>It's a Tortoise
>Meanders up and gets put in crit by turret
>Rescue it, nurse it back to health, it wanders around house
>Can't tame it, animal skill is too low
>A deer tamed itself! Sure, why not
>Deer wanders into my house
>Can't do shit with it, animal skill is too low
>FUCKING FINE lets grind some animal skill
>Look around map, apparently only thing that doesn't yell at me when I click Tame is an Alpaca
>Okay, lets tame an Alpaca
>...Nobody goes to tame it
>Can't right-click it to force people to go tame it

HOW DOES THIS SHIT WORK AAAAAAA
>>
File: fireman.png (12KB, 78x84px) Image search: [Google]
fireman.png
12KB, 78x84px
>pyromaniac goes on a fire spree
>just sits there
>>
>>149311151
Do you have animal handling enabled in the work menu? Are all of your colonists incapable of handling animals?
>>
>>149310446

None of them are beatiful.

One of them is a pyromaniac and the other is Lazy.

Love goes beyond normal logic i guess
>>
>>149302396
Oh shit, you can make other stuff fly away with the ship? I never thought of adding walls and doors to make an airlock or interior or anything, I just had this ugly piece of shit stick with a bunch of pods hanging off.
>>
>>149311356
It's enabled, my best guy has 4 handling, but with him targeted I don't get a menu when rightclicking the alpaca I want him to tame
>>
File: 1466871191394.png (16KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1466871191394.png
16KB, 958x660px
>>149311286
You should be grateful, anon.
>>
>>149311493
You can't. ThatsTheJoke.jpeg
>>
>>149311493
the piece of shit stick with pods hanging off is the only thing that actually leaves
>>
File: mortar.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
mortar.webm
3MB, 896x504px
fucking alphabeaver orgy, get the fuck out

any way to increase accuracy on mortars?
>>
File: honored dead.jpg (68KB, 819x815px) Image search: [Google]
honored dead.jpg
68KB, 819x815px
How do you bury your honored citizens?

I do this. The torches are lit for as long as possible. If a rain happens and they are extinguished in a week then it means the gods are angry and will claim another life soon. If not then I put the sarcophagus into the tomb with the rest.
>>
>>149311659
>>149311892
That's really disappointing. I wish the ship wasn't a game over, and that you could build a custom ship like that where it all stays together and use it to go fuck other people's shit up.
>>
File: no_rest_for_the_wicked.png (140KB, 1764x345px) Image search: [Google]
no_rest_for_the_wicked.png
140KB, 1764x345px
This game has taken it's toll on me, I'm shaking, should I stop playing?
>>
>>149312206
don't you have to tear apart the tomb to move it
>>
File: 1451293169730.jpg (424KB, 514x836px) Image search: [Google]
1451293169730.jpg
424KB, 514x836px
Why do i never meet traders who wants to buy my 3000 potatoes and 2000 corn.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>149312115
You get more mortars
>>
>>149311525
Try enabling manual work priority, make that guy the only one able to do handling, then make handling the top priority
>>
>>149309802
>Implying it's fun to be bombarded by problems all at once
>>
>>149312305
There's a tomb full of empty caskets. I simply empty this after the week and haul his body to the other tomb.
>>
My wish list for this game:
>Z levels. (So I can build storage basements and guard towers, or subterranean vaults.)
>Randomized species generation for each planet, so that each time you play, you gradually learn the characteristics of the species of your planet.
>Dinosaurs.
>>
>>149312792
but then whatever artwork was on the tomb is wasted

what if the torch one is funny and then the permanent one is shitty

you should just leave the corpse rotting to see if it's blessed or cursed by rain or not
>>
>>149312937
not him but as far as I know you can relocate caskets
>>
File: 1468855538567.jpg (38KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1468855538567.jpg
38KB, 250x248px
>>149313228
>well, uhm, excuse me, well, if i recall, uh, as far as i know
retards like you saying shit like that and following it with retarded drivel should kill themselves

i know for a fucking fact you can NOT so just slit your wrists already you fucker
>>
File: 1462921542048.jpg (26KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1462921542048.jpg
26KB, 350x263px
>>149313404
calm down nerd
>>
File: 1456861411465.jpg (9KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1456861411465.jpg
9KB, 300x256px
>>149313404
>>
>>149313587
quit talking out of your fucking ass on the internet and i might not have to call you out on your shit you mouthbreathing mother fucker
>>
This made the gay ass mod worth it.
>>
File: 1462191190629.gif (3MB, 315x242px) Image search: [Google]
1462191190629.gif
3MB, 315x242px
>>149313683
are you ok anon? did you forget your pills?
>>
>>149313932
too late faggot you can't hide behind your smug anime garbage now i've already kicked your ass over the county line and back

just try to pull that bullshit again and i will make you regret ever posting in the same thread as me you stupid fucking cunt
>>
File: (You).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>149313404
spotted the autist shitposter again. how about you fuck off from this comfy general faggot?
>>
File: 1452658997943.jpg (15KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
1452658997943.jpg
15KB, 324x291px
>>149313404
>>149313683
>>149314108
>>
>>149314140
a general can't be comfy if it's got fucking dipshits like >>149313228 talking out of their asses in a desperate plea for replies/to be helpful even though they're spreading fucking bullshit

CASKETS CANNOT BE FUCKING RELOCATED
>>
File: 1466003859166.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466003859166.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>149314108
Jeez, eat a snickers, anon.
>>
File: look at this faggot.gif (1MB, 263x201px) Image search: [Google]
look at this faggot.gif
1MB, 263x201px
>>149313404
>>149313683
>>149314108
>>149314314
>>
Let's all cool off for a moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avMLHvLwRQ
>>149314314
You're right, anon, caskets can't be relocated.

How goes your colony?
>>
>>149314314

yes they can faggot you just have to make them out of plasteel or silver or gold

if you use stone it's too heavy and you can't use wood just for this reason
>>
>>149309240
wait, how are they shooting through a wall?
>>
>>149314546
>When you run your mouse over the timebar or whatever the fuck it's called you only get green and purple backgrounds
Thanks doc
>>
>>149306837
Learn to fix the target number.
>>
File: FUCK OFF CUNT.jpg (35KB, 653x287px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK OFF CUNT.jpg
35KB, 653x287px
>>149314707
OH LOOK AT THAT YOU DUMB CUNT

KEEP TALKING BULLSHIT AND I'LL KEEP FUCKING CORRECTING YOU
>>
File: sad puppers.jpg (21KB, 577x605px) Image search: [Google]
sad puppers.jpg
21KB, 577x605px
stop fighting your making my pupper mad
>>
>>149314993
Thank you for making my night
>>
>>149314709
Embrasures, it's a mod.
You'll find them in Combat realism if A13 or previous, and in Brunayla's security co for A14; Look around in the forums.
>>
>>149314993
>>
File: sad dog.png (10KB, 79x76px) Image search: [Google]
sad dog.png
10KB, 79x76px
>>149315016
>>
>>149315327
at least yours doesn't pretend to be a turkey
>>
>>149314709
>>149315176
Nah these are shields
Not sure what mod from tho, maybe Glitterworld tech?
>>
File: casket moving.jpg (57KB, 874x790px) Image search: [Google]
casket moving.jpg
57KB, 874x790px
>>149314993
yes you can look I just moved it, just use a person who has insane strength or bionic arms
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (95KB, 985x578px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
95KB, 985x578px
>>149315593
oh look guys sixty caskets and two colonists with bio arms and NONE CAN BE MOVED FUCK OFF
>>
>>149315593
>insane strength

Does the game even have a measure for strength?

lol
>>
File: dead_pepe.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dead_pepe.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
My pupper beats both of yours, it was so sad it walked into a fire and died.
The name was random, btw.
>>
>>149315846
doesn't work for you obviously because you using dev console / mods / pirated outdated game
>>
File: Screenshot_18.jpg (63KB, 737x469px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_18.jpg
63KB, 737x469px
>>149315846
WRONG IMAGE FUCK YOU
>>
>>149316009
but it looks like you can assign people so all you gotta do is empty the previous one and then assign the corpse to a new one

hurr
>>
>>149315970
do you think this is fucking funny or something??is this a joke to you? i take this very seriously and you are pissing me off with this shit so you should probably just leave because I AHEV PROVED YOU WRONG EVER Y TIME AND I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I WILL FUCKING DO IT EVEN MORE EVERY TIME YOU STUPID CUNT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU''REENOT FUCKER I HAVE 1/

NO MODS/NO PIRATED GAME/AND I F U THINK ILL SPENT TIME USING REAL GOLD THEN FINE BECAUSE I CAN JUST USE SCENARIO TO DO IT FOR REAL WITHOUT DEV MENU CUNT FUCK YOU FUCK YOU JUST WAIT ASSHOLE FUCK YOU
>>
>>149315894
Why don't corpses that are on fire get cooked?
>>
File: 1462399816669.jpg (11KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1462399816669.jpg
11KB, 500x435px
>>149316204
>>
>>149316207
Because when I cook my beef, I don't douse a cow in gasoline and set it on fire, do you?
>>
>>149316380
yes
>>
>>149316380

>Not having your steak VERY well done

It's like you want to contract gut worms.
>>
File: 3245.jpg (44KB, 692x455px) Image search: [Google]
3245.jpg
44KB, 692x455px
>he doesn't mock downed outlanders
>>
File: Base.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Base.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Make RWG /comfy/ again, post bases.
>>
File: base.png (1MB, 1085x619px) Image search: [Google]
base.png
1MB, 1085x619px
>>149317829
r8
>>
>>149317829
I've post it a lot already but here is a bigger picture
I got really lucky with the spawning of enemies, they all do on the left side or top
>>
File: 20160722195751_1.jpg (208KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160722195751_1.jpg
208KB, 1600x900px
>>149317829
Fuck me I posted the wrong image

How do I make it not shit
>>
>>149318148
Replace exterior wooden walls for important things.

>>149317979
What are the dimensions on those rooms, do you get a penalty for room size? I can't seem to find the sweet spot my colonists want.
>>
Are there fences and gates in this game yet.

For like, pastures and shit.
>>
>>149317979
>those rooms with no tv or at least an arm chair
>not even a pet couch per room
I know the ai wants big spaces but it seems so wasteful
can I mod that out? the cramped debuff? or at least make it non retarded
>>149318148
I might try start using fuel based generators
>>
>>149318501
no

There's walls and doors tho.
>>
File: screenshot1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>149317829
First base, be gentle /rwg/
>>
>>149318670
Comfy/10

Only problem I can foresee is that raiders could burn that shit to the ground with all the wood you have. I would consider replacing that with stone as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1454622947224.jpg (28KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1454622947224.jpg
28KB, 327x316px
>>149318670
>Literally better than any of my own and I've been playing since Alpha 3
>>
>>149318424
Theyre 5x5 but the beds and lights atleast good quality
>>
>>149317979
Is there any real benefit to running an indoor farm?
>>
>>149318670
Honestly pretty good, just make sure you get stonecutting and replace all that wood shit. A single fire will fucking rape your entire base.
>>
>>149319429
Sunlamps dont zzzttt and growth rate is always 100%
>>
>>149318670
You're not being efficient with your hydroponics layout, try to get the tables to fit inside the sunlamp's area of influence with walking space in between them.
Also those rooms are way too small, you'll get bad mood modifiers if you don't have them bigger, animals don't mind tho. The only things closing you in are your own crops, move them to one side and expand to the other.

Other than that yeah it's pretty good, looks nice, not sure about that hourglass meme on the storage area.

>>149319429
They're less likely to be set on fire by raiders if completely enclosed. The sunlamps make growth 24/7 but by that point I'd get hydroponics.
>>
Building ships to raid off-site colonies when?

Children when?
>>
>>149318670
Your supply storage is too small and the travel time between it and your worshops is disgusting. Half of your base is a flammable deathtrap. Your patients will go insane if they spend any substantial time in that hospital. Kitchen/Cafeteria is too far out of the way. Those farming plots in the main lobby area are making your base filthy. No defenses whatsoever against raids or wildfires.
>>
Anyone know why my 14D build isn't using my build 14 mods?

Do I really need to wait for the mod authors to make some infintisimal tweak to their code base because Ty can't document changes?
>>
>plagued conlonist goes berserk
>I just send my nigga with the pacifier to knock her shit out
>>
>>149320435
Berserk being mentioned, are there any good less-lethal weapons for putting down niggas with attitude?
PDW is my favorite so far along with clubs, but they're not foolproof.
>>
>>149321041
I use this
It's from the Glitter tech mod or the advanced bionics one, I think
>>
>>149321041
Wooden club?
>>
>Mood penalty for ugly environment
>Only comes up when there's a little dirt on the floor or if colonists are in the outdoors

Have these niggers never been outside before? I can understand why seeing a rotting disgusting corpse or some wretched insect hive could bring down your spirits, but why are people so negatively impacted by the woods and dust?
>>
File: rimworldbase.jpg (1MB, 1825x2035px) Image search: [Google]
rimworldbase.jpg
1MB, 1825x2035px
>>149318670
Excuse the shitty JPEG quality.
>>
>>149321663
They lose like -3 or -4 or something. It's the same mental hit you take yourself when you see something gross, if you do. You are likely always comfortable though, well fed, not fighting for your life or wearing tattered clothes, so it doesn't bother you. Shit adds up though. Especially when your bonded poodle dies, sherry rebuffs you x3, and your Jordans just don't have the same sheen anymore.
>>
>Spend all day playing vanilla Rimworld
>It's boring as fuck
>Used to the mods
>Can't figure out why my build won't recognize 14x mods

>Realize I unpacked all 22 of them wrong
>They're sitting in double folders due to my forgetfulness

FFS. That's one helluva way to feel like a window licker.
>>
>>149321227
how is the glitter tech mod?
is it op bullshit or fun?
>>
>>149322069
I wouldn't know
Can't find computer components for shit
>>
>tfw no Thrumbo gf
>>
>>149322270
>tfw no husky gf
>>
>>149319701
Hydroponics takes 24/7 power, which means a bad zttt... could destroy your crop.
>>
>>149322898
Don't feed your colony off a single hydroponics table then.
>>
Does glittertech not let you craft organs? I'm thinking the no surgery version is specifically for this mod that lets you craft them.
>>
File: I AM SILLY.gif (21KB, 111x150px) Image search: [Google]
I AM SILLY.gif
21KB, 111x150px
>REALLY want to buy it but I'm a shitpoor slav
What do?
>>
>>149323953
pirate it for now but buy it when you are able to afford it
>>
>>149324058
That's what I'm doing, but it still feels bad.
>>
>>149324140
all good as long as you don't purchase the game or any games at all through G2A, which would actively hurt the developer more than piracy would tenfold
>>
>>149324230
What's wrong with G2A? Is it due to ruskie resellers?
>>
game is good
>>
>>149324306
It's giving money to faggots and the actual developer never sees anything, and it just encourages the faggots to do it more if it ends up being profitable.
>>
what the fuck
I just got human meat on cargo drop pods
If I eat it will I get some disease or debuff?
>>
>>149324306
the devs almost always never get money from sales on that site. it's shady as shit
>>
>>149324659
If you eat it your colonists become zombies.
>>
File: boneitis.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
boneitis.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>mfw I realized I was playing outdated version where no events triggered ever
Figures.
>>
>every colonist requires a 6x6 room to be have
FUCK THIS
i'll live with the shitty debuff and force them into 2x2 rooms instead
>>
>>149324883
The debuff is temporary and small, just give them some nice beds, floors and a flowerpot and a nice lobby right outside the bedrooms so they lose it the instant they walk out.
>>
>>149324883
It's actually 5x6.
>>
Starting with Prepare Carefully. Tell me what I should bring, what my colonists should be good at, etc.
>>
>>149325378
Start with colonists that can build and mine decently. The rest is up to you.
>>
>>149325378
You should bring embrasures, redist heat, Furnaces, and other good mods.
>>
>>149317829
Should've linked:
>>149321675
>>
Barbed wires when?
>>
>>149326031
They're in Combat Realism, get a13 or wait for it to be updated to a14.
>>
>short circuits every 5 minutes

holy shit fuck off
>>
>>149267026
what map size is this fampai
>>
>One killing machine colonist with all the bionic limbs and max stats
>Can't recruit anyone else

Is it possible?
>>
mountain embark was a mistake
>>
>Manhunter Pack
>Boomalopes
>have an open courtyard
>can't block it off in time before they arrive, if I restrict them inside it cuts off half the base including the hospital

This is gonna hurt.
>>
>>149326530
I already started solo with one mediocre colonist who had caring forbidden.

It's fairly easy if RNG doesn't fuck you over with wanderers.
>>
>>149326658
Firefoam popper nigga.
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
any tips on kill rooms?

will enemies rush to the first door entrance?

or will they rip my other walls off?

am i fucked if theres no mountains?
>>
File: 1439337984842.png (233KB, 524x541px) Image search: [Google]
1439337984842.png
233KB, 524x541px
so i have a fuckton of furs and i can no longer see my resource count on the left side

how can i fix this?
>>
File: I PITY THE DEAD.jpg (98KB, 286x323px) Image search: [Google]
I PITY THE DEAD.jpg
98KB, 286x323px
>sniper shot destroys vital organ on enemy
I love that shit so much.
It's like a crit except not in your face.
Why are eyeshots so relatively harmless, albeit annoying?
>>
>>149327334
1. Make things with them
2. Sell them
>>
File: 34857983954345.jpg (77KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
34857983954345.jpg
77KB, 453x604px
>>149286218
thanks for this
>>
>>149326470
Put electronic stuffs under roof or indoor.
>>
>>149327334
Trade them off.
>>
>>149327458
eyes don't appear to be coded for penetration

a higher chance to be brained whenever an eyeshot happens would be nice
>>
>>149327467
>>149327578

yah thats another problem for me too,
traders almost never come

its like 1 space trader every 2 seasons
>>
>>149327682
That's why I cheat for traders
>>
>>149327458
try combat realism

you can snipe across the whole map and all guns kill in a few hits, it's fucking amazingly satisfying

speaking of which, has it been updated for A14? anyone know?
>>
Should I sell the AI Persona core or is it really hard to get?
>>
>>149327840
Sell it if you don't care about building a ship. Otherwise, keep it.
>>
>>149327770
The original dev fucked off from modding forever because his mod got too complex to the point it requires changing whole game mechanic from ground up and he can't do it.
>>
File: 1433105426640.jpg (148KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1433105426640.jpg
148KB, 670x424px
>malaria outbreak
>flu outbreak
>only guy who isn't sick throws a party
>>
>>149327982
what's the ship for? some sort of new game plus?
>>
File: 1469217826590.png (356KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
1469217826590.png
356KB, 670x670px
If I'm digging into the mountain and playing like a dorf, do I need to have my cooler given access to the outside for my freezer, or can I just dig a hole for it to blow air into.
>>
>>149328131
what a fucking asshole

the ammo thing was neat but bloated everything anyways

i just want muh realistic damage, know any up to date mods for that?
>>
feels gr8 modding out all marsh, shallow water and deep water
fuck that shit, so annoying
>>
>>149328265
Just as a goal. It doesn't actually do anything besides giving your colonists a "happy ending" of sorts.

If you just want to keep playing sell that shit asap

>>149328287
pls stop confusing me when I have the jojo thread on /a/ open in the background, this is the second time
>>
>>149328287
you can vent all your ac units into a holocaust death room
>>
>>149328265
it means you win the game. at least in the default scenario. i hope there's support for more custom ways to win ala Civilization winning conditions in the future. eventually this game is really bound to branch off from DF and be seen as its own entity and I like what it does have over DF. one day we will have our choice of universe sim or hardcore survival management. or y'know. whatever the scenario you're playing calls for.
>>
>>149328440
You can disable ammo mechanic as far as I know. Not sure if the mod is updated to A14 thought.

And yes, he fell into "muh realism" meme and burned out when he realised what he planned is not simple at all. Should he focuses on just making combat good and logical it would be much better than adding unnecessary micromanagement and being incompatibility galore.
>>
>>149328179
>heatwave
>malaria
>flu
>battery overloads and destroys freezer
>on phoebe difficulty on the same day
>>
File: 48325681.jpg (8KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
48325681.jpg
8KB, 250x243px
>>149329086
>manhunter boomalopes

what the fuck is going on guys
>>
File: Fall of York.png (135KB, 603x399px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of York.png
135KB, 603x399px
I think York has finally met his match. He survived having his arms replaced with swords, he survived solo against three Scythers, and he killed six raiders all alone.

Even the mightiest fighters can fall prey to the simplest of disease.
>>
Does the material of workbenches change their efficiency?
>>
File: cries in spanish.jpg (100KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cries in spanish.jpg
100KB, 480x360px
>>149329357
>mfw manhunter elephants come up and half of my colonists are out hunting/foraging
>>
>>149327557
the random event ones
>>
>doctor tries installing bionic eye with 13 medical
>SOMEHOW REMOVES HER FUCKING SPINE
>>
>>149331106
"Ugh, I should have paid more attention in Anatomy Class. Eye... That's the name of the fourth vertibre! Of course, I'm supposed to perform spinal surgery."
>>
>>149331332
I'm amazed how much the doctors fuck up regardless of skill.

I could understand cutting up her fucking face, eyes or head, but a fucking spine? Legs? How the fuck do you cut up someone's fucking kidney when you're trying to install an implant in the brain?
>>
>solar flare on ice sheet at the start

Yeah I'm not going to not fucking reload this bullshit. It's an instant run kill.
>>
>pause
>select all
>panic
>r
>click base
>hit max speed
>panic some more
>hope for the best
>>
>>149331486
Shitty programming with dice rolling all the body parts in one single file.
It would take more time to separate the anatomy and have the dice roll between body parts near their actual anatomically correct area.
>>
>>149331785
And it's not like it's impossible either, since torso shots damage appropriate organs and such. How lazy is the dev?
>>
>>149331916
I think he's less lazy and just puts focus into the wrong things.
>Operations are fucked but aw shit the players found another legitimate way to deal with raiders
>>
I just noticed that scyther blades only go on hands.

Is it possible to put them on bionic arms?
>>
>>149331106
>We don't need eyes where we're going
>>
Whats a pillbox
>>
File: 1469218906579.png (529KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469218906579.png
529KB, 1280x720px
Does the direction of a batter matter at all? Like if I line them up like | | instead of like - - do they still transfer power between eachother?
>>
File: 8b5b25474e[1].png (30KB, 594x491px) Image search: [Google]
8b5b25474e[1].png
30KB, 594x491px
I think they intentionally give you the worst fucking shitters of all god damn time.
>>
>>149333083
I can transfer some batter to you if you know what I mean.

slut
>>
>>149333083
usually the batter faces the pitcher
>>
>>149333083
/off/ when?
>>
>>149333142
Arrest and sell him off.
>>
>>149333416
I need a third person I don't have the facilities or production on ice sheet to arrest someone and sell them.
>>
File: 3b6a157716[1].jpg (64KB, 471x783px) Image search: [Google]
3b6a157716[1].jpg
64KB, 471x783px
MISTAKES WERE MADE
>>
>>149333083
No, the battery directions do not matter.
>>
File: 20160723023909_1.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160723023909_1.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
What am I doing wrong here? My cooler is set to -18C but the temperature in the freezer isn't dropping below 20C.

This is my first time putting a cooler in a vault, so am I fucking it up?
>>
>>149334317

The cooler vents out the red side, which is venting into a very small 1x1 square, check the temperature of that square, it's most likely 100+ Celsius
>>
>>149334317
>I don't know why venting into this tiny box is heating shit up around it

This nigga kek
>>
>>149334380
>>149334512
Hey I asked if that works earlier and people said yes.
>>
>>149334625

It works if there is no roof.
>>
>>149334681
Ahhh, makes sense.
>>
>>149288553

>Volatile
>Jealous
>Gay

Ban Milo from Twitter I guess
>>
Quick question, how do I smooth rough stone walls?
>>
>winter of 5500
>never seen a trading ship in the two seasons I've had a comms console
>>
>>149336671
You need a beacon, dummy.
>>
File: 1439173720129.gif (375KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1439173720129.gif
375KB, 300x169px
>>149292313
This is without doubt the funniest thing I have seen all day long.

Not just the concept, but actually visualizing the chain of events in my head, over a period of several months.

One day without warning or provocation, one of the cooks begins mercilessly pummeling him in the common room. No one even looks in their direction as his fists rain down wordlessly and without remorse, beating him within an inch of his life. He's then scooped up, carried to the medical ward, and is slowly, agonizingly treated with mediocre skill and no supplies while his questions go unanswered.

No one discusses the incident once he is back on his feet. He shakily returns to life the way it was.

Until one day he goes to the freezer for a fine meal, only to find another savage beating awaiting him.
"WHY PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHY WHAT DID I DO" The only solace is that his cries of anguish and confusion blot out the sounds of everyone in the complex stifling their giggles as he's dragged to the medical ward over and over again.
>>
>>149336979
I made one of those, too
>>
File: Capture.png (237KB, 603x406px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
237KB, 603x406px
Thanks, Randy.
>>
File: RimWorldWin_2016-07-23_02-37-47.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RimWorldWin_2016-07-23_02-37-47.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>>149292313
>>149337032

That's basically the Final Fantasy 2 method

>>149317829

Finally cracked and installed mods, this is my first base with them
>>
>Colonists suffer from a "High Expectations" mood debuff if your colony becomes too rich.
wow thanks
>>
>>149337962
Free joywires for everyone.

High expectations met instantly.
>>
>>149338024
>put a joywire on my psychopath
nothing but smiles 24/7
>>
File: Chronicles of Rimworld.png (32KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicles of Rimworld.png
32KB, 256x224px
Apparently I'm on the planet from Pitch Black.
>>
File: (´・ω・`) on the computer.png (7KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
(´・ω・`) on the computer.png
7KB, 284x284px
>>149337962
>Psychopathic colonist
>Still gets a relationship debuff with the colonist who I sent to the comms console to sell off a useless prisoner
>mfw
>>
>>149331785
Not really. You could give the body parts numbers based on proximity start from the head and working your way down, then restrict rolls based on what is being worked on and only fuck things up close to that number.
>>
>>149338839
>he cant read

psychos only have no debuff if they have no connection
>>
File: 1441760522530.jpg (36KB, 217x286px) Image search: [Google]
1441760522530.jpg
36KB, 217x286px
>>149339230
why though
>>
File: 1465846197194.jpg (25KB, 374x366px) Image search: [Google]
1465846197194.jpg
25KB, 374x366px
>>149324883
They don't even spend that long in the room. When they sleep they don't experience the room at all. If you notice your guys running back a lot and meditating or praying then you might want to update their room. Other than that a small 1x2 is enough with a single door for most.

Even in Dwarf Fortress you make different rooms for nobles and important people. Then you dedicate a section of the base to basically being the "slums" area. All fresh new migrants and recruits go there and it's highly industrial.

Nobles get the fancy ass fuck royal beds, decorations and such and their houses are as far away as possible. Shit even in Rimworld you can assign costumes so you could basically make it a rule that the common niggers only wear clothing of "normal or less". They get a common mess hall for eating while the nobles get silver dining tables.

Common niggers get only simple meals or better yet just nutrient paste. You know you can make zones like "the slums" and limit your slave fatties over there and only make them do the hard labour. Once in a while a commoner slips past the lines and eats at the finer tables and you fucking arrest that man instantly. Draft your most intimitating guy and put that fucker into the prison.

Come to think of it they should add it that prisoners can work. I'd love to put a couple of stone cutter tables in there and connect the prison to the mines and force them to mine there.
>>
Tfw you make a self sufficient comfy base.

I'm hoping I can find a researcher cause shit has slowed down now.
>>
>>149339712

oops
>>
>>149339806
comfy beginnings are the best

now you can use that work force to make a giant base or fortify it further

I usually make a shit shack at the start and instantly start building the real home with the resources at hand. fresh colonist optimism is fantastic and needs to be abused
>>
Any of you nerds played Rimworld before its Steam release? I've been playing since Alpha 3.
>>
>>149339937

This is the happiest colony i've had, had a marriage and at most each person only gets around -10 mood a day compared to their atleast +30-40 it's great.

I'd like to start doing augmentations but i'm gonna have to google how to do it.
>>
File: 20160723013052_1.jpg (269KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160723013052_1.jpg
269KB, 1600x900px
>>149339806
I raise your comfy with my own comfy.
>>
>Colonist is angry because they are hot
>they just finished a pyromaniac mental break and kept lighting the walls of the granite room they were in on fire

Gee, I fucking wonder why it's so hot.
>>
>>149340015
i'm actually happy that it got a steam release since it's a lot more popular now
not to mention i can actually count my hours now (22 and counting)

anyway would anyone be interested in a save editor? last time i checked there hasn't been a working one since A8
>>
Alright, how do you actually get animals to go to an animal area? I just built a huge granite barn for my muffalos, and I'm growing a shitload of hay in it.
>>
>>149340905
>would anyone be interested in a save editor
Yes pls
>>
File: 20160723185545_1.jpg (385KB, 1920x1138px) Image search: [Google]
20160723185545_1.jpg
385KB, 1920x1138px
Want to forbid trapped zones?
Select with area 1 places you have trapped (or have proximity trapping for IEDs) and then hit "invert" in the manage areas screen

It changes the area to be everywhere you haven't selected
>>
>>149340950

Animals

Manage areas...

New animal area.

Then just go back to animals and tick them to the area.

To define the area go to:

Architect

Zone/Area

Far right you see the Expand allowed area.

Draw whatever.
>>
>>149341245
Wow. I've been playing this like over a week, and I hadn't even noticed an animals tab.
>>
>>149341224
also useful for fertilized egg hatcheries
>>
>>149256063
>>149261343
By the way, I did eventually get another infestation in that prepared room. Those 4 coolers and the one heater weren't even close to enough to get the room to acceptable temperatures, though- I made sure they were all working on high power consumption, and still the room didn't go over 50°C, it wa sjust too large. Since it was a giant infestation with like 5 big spiders, my only solution was throwing a molotov in there, which burned up everything and heated the room to 700+°C, roasting every insectoid fuckin shit alive.
In my next game, I'll make sure to build the walls out of stone, but install some wodden flooring, to repeat that nice oven technique without destroying everything
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 1454x159px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 1454x159px
>>149340015

Whatever February 2014 was.
>>
File: 20160723040116_1.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160723040116_1.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
Am i prepared enough to open?
>>
File: animals.jpg (192KB, 1181x1011px) Image search: [Google]
animals.jpg
192KB, 1181x1011px
>>149341301

Also on the animals tab you can see which of your animals are pregnant.

If you want them to securely to give birth you can even define a sort of animal care area where they have food all the time and are out of harms way or even make an area just for baby animals so they never are in the crossfire. You can also easily assign training here too and who are the masters of animals. Sometimes it's best to assign all item producing animals to a single "gran" like I do who is basically a non-combatant so when I draft people I don't accidentally send 5 muffalos into the crossfires.
>>
>kill some visitors since I needed food extremely bad
>one of them had a masterwork golden spear on him
>91k wealth
what the fuck do I do now
i'm gonna get fucking stomped by the next raid
goddamn
>>
File: hiddenvalley.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hiddenvalley.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Aww man, and here I thought I was delving into a vast mountain.
>>
File: worst wanderer.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
worst wanderer.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>A wanderer has joined!
>"Oh sweet, I wonder what th-"
>see this
>it's fucking Nicki Minaj
>no good stats, at all

Welp time to draft her into the army and have her beat up Boomalopes until she dies.
>>
>>149341552
Smelt it down
>>
File: Gran.jpg (62KB, 1160x695px) Image search: [Google]
Gran.jpg
62KB, 1160x695px
>>149341519

Also I'd like to add that this makes non-combatant animal trainers decent defense. You can draft them and all those trained beasts come next to her. You can still use release and basically Grand just stands there as all those muffalos stomp the thing to death.
>>
>>149341363

apparently development started November 2013, so you bought it just 3 months after
>>
>>149341597
Is that some kind of crazy valley in the middle of the mountain?
>>
File: jpg.jpg (80KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
80KB, 588x437px
>>149341676
>careful shooter
>not good
>>
File: asdfd.png (653KB, 731x1172px) Image search: [Google]
asdfd.png
653KB, 731x1172px
>>149341676
>annoying voice
>>
>>149341676
>10 shooting
>careful shooter
Give her an accurate rifle and she'll murder everything
>>
>>149341770
>implying I need a shooter with >>149287370
>>
>>149341746
Sadly no, it's about half the map revealed so it borders off-map. I did think there was a strangely large ratio of mountain.
>>
>>149341597
does it exit into the north/south of the map?
if it doesn't then you have a better place to build than you did before
>>
>>149341746
I once found all of these through random digging, just a hole in the solid mountain, comfiest base ever
>>
>>149342160
North and east, and the valley I built in exits north and west.
>>
File: scr.jpg (465KB, 1823x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scr.jpg
465KB, 1823x1200px
now that scared the shit outta me, motherfuckers dropped right through the fucking roof. thank cheesus i have every mofo with full synth limbs and eyes clad in armor and hyperweave clothes.
>>
>>149342791
do they not shoot each other grouped up like that?
>>
>>149343034
Oh yeah they will. Oooooh yeah. That's also part of why melee dudes are fucking worthless.
>>
I wish there was something like a guard/patrol option where on certain time of day the colonists would patrol a selected area or stand guard for X hours.
>>
>>149343101
melee are not worthless if you use them well

even against mechanoids
>>
>>149343160
Melee is absolute dogshit compared to ranged.
>>
>>149343034
not since a14 or 13. i think its skill level related too. only works in certain range and active duty pawns only. doesnt work for tamed animals, so they are basically just guaranteed negative mood points.
>>149343160
i had a lvl 10 dude with two thrumbo horns beating on a disabled sausage mech for 24h without killing it. before that i had a lvl 15 shooter with a good 100% minigun shooot at it for 12h at melee range - about five hits landed.
>>
>>149343260
That's because miniguns are shit against anything but large groups.
>>
Jebus almighty, I love how fucking devastating fires can be in this game. My entire village burned to the ground along with my medicine and component stockpiles.
>>
>>149343160
There's really no reason to use melee over ranged.
>Has to get right up close to people to fight
>By then, their shield's gone or they've already been shot
>They're going to get shot by their allies because they're in the way
>Can't take advantage of cover
>Most things have a strong melee attack and will fuck them up just as hard/harder than they can
>>
>>149343590
The only exception that I've yet found is, technically, if you either Prepare Carefully or random a dude with Brawler, Jogger, and Fast Walker all on the same dude, and then you give him full bionic augments, a high damage melee weapon, and a strong shield.

That said, it IS still worse than ranged, but it can at least make melee semi-viable.

Y'know, if you're at literally Glitterworld tech levels at the very end of the game.
>>
>>149343216
>>149343260
>>149343590
Melee just need to stand next to gunners or one tile infront and next if melee enemies close in they can protect them well. Mechanoids take forever to kill no matter what the weapon and of course melee can't beat stuff like explosives but try making plasteel shivs and stabbing an armed mercenery to death in a few seconds. If you look at what clothing does you can accustom to that.

Ranged obviously trumps them but they are far from worthless if utilized well. Have bionic arms too to make them even deadlier.

I do hope though melee gets a big buff. In DF melee can be king but then again all you have there are bows and crossbows.
>>
File: 001099.jpg (397KB, 815x733px) Image search: [Google]
001099.jpg
397KB, 815x733px
how the fuck do you set up your hydroponics?
>>
>>149343798
Melee with a strong shield on can basically protect ranged units.

But if you rely on choke points and mods with half tiles then obviously you have no say in this as combat balance is offbalance as soon as you install mods like that.
>>
File: 20160723030049_1.jpg (279KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160723030049_1.jpg
279KB, 1600x900px
How do I deal with this shit when the best guns I've got are Uzis and I don't have Mortars yet?
>>
>>149344008
Build some fortifications for your ranged guys, equip ~2 guys with emp and frag grenades and build them some closer fortifications
Your ranged guys are gonna keep them busy whiler your nade guys blow them to hell and stun them
>>
>>149328131
>>149328440

CR author fucked off, but the mod is still being updated by another modder. No features are being added, but current version supposedly will be updated to A14. He's just updating his own mods first.
>>
>>149344069
No grenades period, and no comms console yet. Not like any traders would come anyway
>>
>>149344008
mortars are trash, even incendiary unless you use like six+ of em. if you have emp - pray to rngesus it hits, then kill em. if not - build one tile walls in a circle around it at whatever range your weapons are most effective at, place your shooters behind em and pray to rngesus. tho you are most likely fucked unless its only scythes.
>>
File: hydros.jpg (125KB, 1525x491px) Image search: [Google]
hydros.jpg
125KB, 1525x491px
>>149343890
I don't rely on them too much due to the energy requirement, but here's a few ones. I think the one on the far right has the most pods bu isn't symmetrical and that trumps all. These are what I would use though. Also hydropods require you to build the farm area 1x tile bigger so you can walk on the outer rim.
>>
>>149343890
like this
>>149272172
>>
>>149344168
Then just build fortifications and shoot them a lot
I guess you could also get fancy with IEDs if you have unlocked them yet
>>
>>149344069
>>149344247
>>149344378
>Passing shitters awoke the mechanoids
w e w l a d
>>
>>149343890
Wait, do what? How much did this change? see
>>149302163
Near left middle of my complex I had every inch covered in hydro trays, is that not allowed anymore?
>>
>>149344442
F
how though? iirc it only spawns mechs when fired upon.
>>
File: PAY DAY.jpg (36KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
PAY DAY.jpg
36KB, 900x637px
FUCKING FINALLY I WAITED LIKE MAYBE AN ENTIRE YEAR FOR THIS NIGGER TO SHOW UP
>>
>>149344515
There was some mad animal right before they came, I suppose it attacked them and the part was caught in the crossfire
>>
File: EXOTIC AAAAAAAAAA.jpg (107KB, 1008x995px) Image search: [Google]
EXOTIC AAAAAAAAAA.jpg
107KB, 1008x995px
>>149344545

SHOW ME THE MONEY
>>
File: 1465581855063.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465581855063.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
ONE MORE DAY, I'LL JUST PLAY FOR ONE MORE DAY AND THEN I'LL GO TO SLEEP WHEN THEY DO.

ONE.
MORE.
DAY.
>>
What's the easiest way to quickly produce value if you don't have a good sculptor, I suppose there's stuff like crafting high quality furniture or clothes or something to sell
>>
>>149344634
I know this feel

I want to unfuck my sleeping schedule
>>
>>149344285
Wut ? i just filled whole solar lamp zone with 24 hydroponic basins and colonist would just walk over them to plant seeds, they're not obstacles.
>>
File: oh no Mr Robot.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
oh no Mr Robot.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>accept random event in which an escaped slave is being chased by... Commandos
>think "what the hell, I haven't seen Commandos, how bad could they be?"

>fat fuck spawns in the middle of a brushstorm on the end of the map (must have been dry lightning earlier, didn't see)
>he immediately catches flame
>runs around in circles like a retard

>a group of 8 Commandos spawn next to him, but none catch fire
>they ice his stupid ass with laser guns, then sprint at 300% speed (bionic legs?) to my base just barely after I flip my sentry turret switch one

>they blow through my marble door in moments and execute all 5 of my colonists
>for some reason, they leave the original fat fuck they were pursuing on the ground as he's burnt to death by his own incompetence
>rain starts 20 seconds after they vacate the map, extinguishing the flames on the retard who destroyed my colony

RANDY RANDOM ROUGH, HOLY SHIT

FUCK YOU FAT ESCAPEE
>>
>Colonists need 7x7 walled dimensions which translates to 5x6 livable space for "Spacious Quarters" moodlet.

FFS.
>>
the "rebuffed by x" is the most stupid shit I have ever dealt with
fucking every colonist has it and THEY DO IT ALL THE FUCKING TIME AND IT STACKS
these fuckers have a stacking 10x stacked rebuffed giving them -40 mood
fucking retarded
>>
>>149344808
Haha, I remember looking out the window and going "3AM, not too late yet still time to finish up RimWorld and go actually start MonHun Generations."

It's 6:30AM now and I'm still playing RimWorld, fuck this game is like crack.
>>
>>149344905
>lose my 18 medicine 18 social colonist because he goes berserk every other second due to rebuffed debuff
now that I think about it, I should have just cut off all his limbs until he got better
fuck sake
>>
File: OOOH.jpg (12KB, 191x190px) Image search: [Google]
OOOH.jpg
12KB, 191x190px
>>149344846
>Every time I accept this event the person who's fleeing is useless
>>
>>149344905
Relationships in general are annoying as fuck
>>
>>149344941
Are you me? I have MonHun Generations sitting on the table over there and I've had this scenario now this entire week.
>>
File: puppers.jpg (24KB, 911x315px) Image search: [Google]
puppers.jpg
24KB, 911x315px
SHOW ME YOUR PUPPERS
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-22+at+05.22.05).jpg (62KB, 478x452px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-22+at+05.22.05).jpg
62KB, 478x452px
>>149344905
I had this fucking guy. THIS. FUCKING. GUY. Who couldn't stop flirting with the two lesbians in my colonly. ONLY THE LESBIANS. There's plenty of straight women, and he doesn't even fucking try with any of them. ONLY THE LESBIANS.

HE WAS HITTING ON THE TWO LESBIANS AT THEIR GOD DAMN WEDDING.

NATE, YOU USELESS FUCKING JANITOR I'LL BUILD A 1X1 WALL AROUND YOU PUTTING A COOLER ON THE OUTSIDE OF IT, I SWEAR.
>>
>>149344765
Don't smelt melee weapons, some are made from rare shit like Uranium, gold and jade. Those can sell for a truckload even if they are shit quality.

You can uninstall masterwork furnitures and sell them for loadsa money if they are made from rare shit as well.

Finally, going full Mengel on patients nets you mad dosh per prisoner, you can safely harvest anything except for both lungs, both kidneys, stomach, liver and heart before they die.

Now if only the bulk good trader will arrive again so I can empty its cargo full of plasteel.
>>
>>149344008
You have 10 Arty shells and 33 components. Just plop 8-9 IEDs and you will instant gib it the moment the robots spawn.
>>
some negro needs to start a new thread.
>>
File: wolf town.jpg (70KB, 1150x555px) Image search: [Google]
wolf town.jpg
70KB, 1150x555px
>>149345251
Do these count? Also how fucked am I?
>>
>>149345501
completely unless you got a rocket launcher / half tiles / an animal calming artifact or can sit it out behind closed doors.
>>
>>149345501
Unless you're larder is empty, you can just hold up inside and wait till they pass. They will tear apart basically any other army or trader caraven that approaches.
>>
Rate my starting base
>>
What are the recommended mods?

Prefferably ones that add stuff without being retarded OP.
>>
>12 shooting
>2 bionic eyes
Is this a good sniper?
>>
File: parasites.jpg (8KB, 209x229px) Image search: [Google]
parasites.jpg
8KB, 209x229px
>>149345501

Well I fended them off. Having an "open entrance" to tunnel these guys was a bad idea. They simply ran past all the turrets into the base and attacked everything. Lot of people lost fingers and one guy lost an eye to a bite.

Then this happens right after. How bad is this disease?
>>
File: Bobby what the shit.jpg (20KB, 222x323px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby what the shit.jpg
20KB, 222x323px
>it's the "raiders carry 1 use rocket launchers and utterly fuck up your turrets before dying" episode
>>
>>149346374
depends on your medicine and medic levels. with shit medics and herbal they should still survive if you keep em in bed over the entire duration. lvl ten plus medic and at least normal medicine should let em work, and with hospital beds plus vital monitor you likely need not pay attention so long as they get treated properly.
>>
File: Poo poo pee pee'd.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Poo poo pee pee'd.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>need 40 components badly
>BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN
>no traders ever
FUCK YOU RANDY YOU ASSHOLE
>>
>>149345770
Your bed rooms are too tiny, why not build into the mountain instead of right out in the open?
>>
>>149346369

only if they have nanomachines that let them breath through their skin

also if they're 80% naked
>>
>>149346754
not him but what would be the ideal size for a bedroom? i usually have 4x2 when i can but sometimes i use 3x2 when i have to

is there also an ideal size for individual prisoner cells?
>>
>>149346874
You need 25 empty spaces or 54 for each threshold for mood. For Prisoners, just a tiny cell is enough, potential recruits should just get another bedroom
>>
>>149346874
A dumping stockpile is perfect for prisoners.
>>
What settings are you guys playing on to have high tech shit and all this stuff happening?

I've played cassandra and the other one on rough. Is the random one the most fun to play or is it annoying?
>>
>>149347086
>Is the random one the most fun to play
Yes.
>or is it annoying?
Yes.
>>
File: 1357220912080.gif (3MB, 378x225px) Image search: [Google]
1357220912080.gif
3MB, 378x225px
Someone please tell me how to force training. If I don't get this muffalo shit going I'm going to fucking starve, but my cunt with 9 animal skill fucking REFUSES to go tame them.

I have everything but Handling unchecked, I have two muffalos tagged for taming, but she sits around idling like a fucking FAGGOT REEEEEE
>>
>>149347146
aight, thats good enough for me, here i go.
>>
>>149347210
it's probably a baby and not an adult yet
>>
>>149347210
Check if you actually have anything to feed them with, they can't train with hay for some reason. It's pretty much not possible to train entire herds consistently unless you get an agriculture going.
>>
>>149347452
Oh, well shit it didn't tell me anywhere that I needed food to train. All I have is MEAT.
>>
>>149346427
let your animals roam outside, literal cannon fodder
>>
File: 1410082600527.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1410082600527.gif
1MB, 300x200px
Can someone tell me how I make more components? I blew everything on turrets day one, and a lone cocksucker with a grenade launcher just rolled in and wrecked everything and then himself.
>>
>>149347849
There's a workshop that makes you able to create more.
It takes 40 components to build.
>>
New Thread >>149347882
Thread posts: 807
Thread images: 236

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.