[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ Indie Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 746
Thread images: 123

File: ducky.png (397KB, 1024x963px) Image search: [Google]
ducky.png
397KB, 1024x963px
Big and Little Ducky Edition

Last Thread: >>148235423

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens Underrail, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Sonic Dreams Collection, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
shit, they added a watermark when I downloaded that image
>>
Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.
>>
>>148631724
I agree
>>
My game crashed on the level before the final boss on Super Meat Boy and I just don't give a shit anymore, fuck that game jesus christ. It has so many fucking obnoxious design choices to make it "difficult"

>inb4 lel git le gud xD meme
>>
>>148632575
I stopped on the level before the final boss.
I've heard that edmund has never beaten the game before
>>
>>148632575
>I am incapable of gitting gud
>Must be the design's fault
>>
>>148634710
No faggot but my patience for sitting through meat boys autoscroll bullshit that had one final thing to fuck you up at the end to make sure you do it over is at its end.
>>
>>148634802
>abloobloo this twitch game had a sudden obstacle right at the end! who could have possibly seen this coming?!
>>
>>148636370
>twitch game
>have to spend levels waiting for a proper cycle
>have to spend time waiting on moving platforms
>have to spend time waiting for doors to open
>whoop after all that waiting here's another obstacle you have 1 second to judge the speed and angle you'll need to not get fucking murdered by it do the level 5 more times and maybe you'll learn it

it's fucking obnoxious m8, game is flat out unfun when it's fucking me about like that. There are a few levels that are really fun and I'd want to replay for a better time but overall the experience left a shitty taste in my mouth.

Playing SMB now makes the design decisions in Rebirth/Afterbirth seem like they make a lot more sense, edmund just has a fucking boner for making things as obnoxious and frustrating as possible.
>>
>>148636896
I'm still not seeing an argument that isn't "bloo I have to replay something I suck at WOOOOOOOOOOW BUGGED REPLAY MECHANICS" m8
>>
>>148637591
stop talking about indie games in my indie general ree
>>
do i keep the mods if i overwrite the rgss3a with other mods
>>
Post cute!
>>
>>148636370
It's not a twitch game at all
>>
>>148637865
except you're shitposting, a game crashing is not the player's fault
and twitch games is a something you just invented you fucker that or you heard it from another retard like you and you're using it to spread the term
>>
>>148637275
I havent played that kusoge, but it sounds like the problem is that it's just memorization of whats coming up next and not actual skill or reacton time being applied. If you watched a video of the level before you played it it'd be easier without all the 'jumpscares'
>>
File: 1456848681301.png (1MB, 1975x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1456848681301.png
1MB, 1975x1008px
ded /indie/
>>
abumpu

What happened?
We were so alive yesterday
>>
i remember a game where you fuck a purple robot
pretty sure that was an indie game
do you guys know the name of the game?
>>
>>148652352
what did the purple robot look like?
>>
>>148651041
this image gave me cancer
>>
>>148653676
humanoid
the game was in POV and you could change position
>>
>>148645502
>I haven't played it but it clearly plays like this
lmao
>>
>>148655951
that is literally what the bossfights in meatboy are tho, I have played it. You get fucked by their one new attack and then redo the whole thing before you get fucked by the next new attack until you win. That is shit bossfight design.
>>
>>148656915
I've played it and never had this issue barring the giant brown one. Which is actually bullshit.
>>
>>148657515
The giant brown one was what I was specifically referring too desu. There was one other that did it but I can't remember it.

Hell in general felt like a lot of autoscrolling and waiting for the right cycle and trying to manipulate those black bursty things.
>>
File: FM7mujL.png (56KB, 1333x1022px) Image search: [Google]
FM7mujL.png
56KB, 1333x1022px
>>
>>148658072
BUDDY'S TYPE
BUDDY'S TYPE
BUDDY'S TYPE
>>
File: 1456576985609.png (66KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1456576985609.png
66KB, 2000x2000px
>>148658818
>>
DASHBORED
>>
File: fnafb.png (45KB, 930x706px) Image search: [Google]
fnafb.png
45KB, 930x706px
five nights at fuckboys reference...
>>148642248
>>
File: die and make peace.png (40KB, 218x292px) Image search: [Google]
die and make peace.png
40KB, 218x292px
DIANE A CUTE! A CUTE!
side note: does anyone recocnize the game, and if so please talk with me about it
>>
>>148642248
Nope. Also, Arkantos contains Hell Mode Remix, and Hell Mode Remix itself is an improved version of Pruf's mod
>>
>>148664104
damn so should i start over with arkantos because i used pruf until i killed big lincoln and switched. did i miss anything.
>>
>>148657713
Ehh. It's one thing to go 'this section is bullshit' and another to go RAGGLEBRAGGLE THE ENTIRE GAME IS GARBAGE EDMUND IS A HACK just because you got salty at one cheap-ass section.
>>
File: flust.png (30KB, 935x703px) Image search: [Google]
flust.png
30KB, 935x703px
>>148658072
>>
>>148664236
You missed SOME Hell Mode Remix enemies, and an opportunity to fight Bolo's whole gang or traumatize yourself and receive Rando, but only on Painmode. To get to Arkantos, you need to kill all the warlords, go to the start of the long rope climb, and talk to the weird red-shirted guy.
>>
File: 1468379082515.jpg (498KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
1468379082515.jpg
498KB, 811x811px
>>148631724
Agreed.
>>
>>148655951
>I havent played it but this is how anon describes his issue with the game, not the strawman you made
>>
>>148651041
>no Queen Rog
>>
>>148665828
damn nigga i need a guide for this shit
>>
>>148667227
>Literally admits to not having touched it yet pretending he knows what he's talking about
>muh strawman
You'll have to do better than that.
>>
"I was going to do this more often." I said. "I'll be trying to pump out more reviews!" I said. Remind me to kick my own ass after this.
Self-loathing aside let's look at Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls, a free platformer game developed by Suits & Sandals.

The game follows the story of Chelsia, an artificial monster girl made by the one human on an island full of them, as she fights through hordes of pirates to retrieve the island's treasure and bring the malefactors to justice.

By using her spliced on golem arm she's able to use a dash attack for combat and tricky platforming. While you do have other attacks such a light and heavy punch coupled with a ground pound, the dashing felt like it was the most commonly used ability in a majority of the stages. This is likely a result of the fact that almost all the stages, save the last three, can be played in almost any order one likes through the means of an overworld map that gives me some Super Mario Bros. 3 vibes. Despite this the game gives me more of classic Megaman vibes as you get a slew of stages to do at any order you like, unique bosses each with their own patterns, and new abilities you can get from beating them that are usually relevant to boss you beat for it. While there is DLC for an extra alternate costume, it's only a buck and acts more like a tip jar for the dev. I'd encourage you to buy it if you like what is a damn solid platforming package all wrapped up in some crisp clean pixel art and humorously charming dialogue that is guaranteed to get to laugh more than once, all for the lovely price of free.

Destroy all wallets: http://store.steampowered.com/app/467380/

Destroy all writer's blocks: http://just-some-anon.tumblr.com
>>
/dsg/ memes are so fuKKKen epiKKK dude
>>
>>148672823
name a single /dsg/ meme
>inb4 git gud
that was a meme created by monster hunter fagets defending their objectively shit grindfest
>>
>>148672556
This actually looks like a quality game. How useful are the boss abilities and know if there's a preferred order like Mega Man?
>>
>>148673498
Honestly, the power from the sky level is the most useful across the board. Aside from that there really isn't any professional order to try and go at it in. While using certain powers is necessary at segments in the final levels, the golem fist and dash attack will still carry you through most of it.
>>
ded thred
>>
weak pars
>>
>>148588505
Where is this guy?
>>
>>148681014
HELL
>>
>>148631724
I don't get it.
>>148632575
Meat boy has great design though
>>
>>148686451
>You should just let literal monsters into your homeland because the crusa- I mean humans wanted them to fuck off a long time ago
>>
File: 1460778872144.jpg (698KB, 1040x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460778872144.jpg
698KB, 1040x1200px
>>148686451
Undermeme was written by an actual Iraqi Jew, and is designed to indoctrinate impressionable Western millennials into accepting meme sexuality, memegenderism, faggotry, mutantry, bestiality, pedophilia, irony culture, and post-2007 hyperliberalism e.g. SOCJUS
>>
File: 1376169128840.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1376169128840.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>still no cookie clicker in the OP
>>
>>148688540
Unfortunately, I unironically like undertale.
>>
>>148690178
You unironically have shit taste, though I won't hold it against you.
>>
File: 67456345.png (124KB, 732x422px) Image search: [Google]
67456345.png
124KB, 732x422px
Well /indie/? Do you?
>>
>>148691562
I usually put beastborn to be sacrificed. Never did an armless run.
>>
>>148691562
I was... a good friend.
>>
File: 1427759902889.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1427759902889.gif
1MB, 392x400px
I got the Father ending in LISA.

Arkantos was certainly a welcomed and refreshing experience.
>>
>>148691719
>Not saving Beastborn for russian roulette
>>
>>148692591
Arkantos is what joyful should have been imo
>>
Any word lately on Mewgenics/SMB: Forever?

I know Ed put Mewgenics on hold to work on SMB a while ago, but I haven't heard anything of it since.
>>
>>148696467
>Mewgenics
never heard of it
>>
>>148696535
RNG based cat hoarding sim from Team Meat. Looked pretty good.

But I just googled and apparently it's cancelled: https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/24/super-meat-boy-and-binding-of-isaac-creators-mew-genics-cancelled/

Jesus Christ Edmund give Isaac a rest. There are many much better rogue-lites that exist and you've about milked it for everything it's worth.

Please don't cancel SMB: F too
>>
Not sure if it was mentioned but OFF got a minor update: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUJCrgJnzM
>>
Oh good, look who's back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvJmKxiST4M
>>
>>148697181
>gender neutral
nope nope nope nope
nope there's no way you can't say tumblr ruined the game now. gave that vid it's second dislike.
>>
>>148697181
I really wish a team would go all out and retranslate the game though.
The problem this shows is that they're making these updates to the bad english version, which means that making a retranslation would lack all of the updates in this update.

Also is Gender neutral pronouns REALLY something that NEEDED to be added? Compared to some of the other glaring issues, I'd say that's a rather pointless thing to add.
>>
Looks like /sub/ is going to join us pretty soon
>>
File: 3MI0vFW.png (25KB, 1175x722px) Image search: [Google]
3MI0vFW.png
25KB, 1175x722px
I restarted Underrail (again) putting my dodge and evasion into persuade and intimidation instead. It came in handy during the mission to get the card key for that burrower filled room, because you don't have to sneak though the vents when dealing with the gang, and can just waltz right up to the autoturret room to kill everyone. I'm back at Junkyard, but haven't done into the mutie filled depot yet. I helped the black eels with their gang war instead. Got tons of scrapper armor and had to drop a lot of the lesser loot, and then head back to my place to store all my extra armors.

Since the mutant filled depot is kind of a pain in the ass, I think I'll just explore and see what else I can find and maybe get enough oddities to get an extra level before heading to the depot. Are burrowers harder or easier than the muties and barfing doges? Maybe I'll hit that place up first.

>>148652126

Much like Don't Starve, /indie/ is very vulnerable to getting eaten by grues during the night.

>>148665828

Aw dang, I should just restart my whole game over, I don't wanna miss that stuff (or maybe it was already in my game, I said "no" when Buzzo asked if I could handle all the bad stuff out there.)

>>148665528
>>148658072

Just the right picture for this.
>>
>>148700008
Burrower den is probably harder just by the sheer volume of enemies. Don't even try it unless you have at least 12 mechanical DT to not get shredded by the dozens of burrower spawns you'll be fighting (I optionally recommend at least 20 to block most of the adult burrowers' bolts), a lot of antidotes, and a lot of tungsten carbide rounds for your weapon of choice. Molotovs help too, since they can usually kill burrower eggs before they hatch, and the adult burrowers are often too dumb to get out of the fire. They still have 300 HP a piece though, so fire alone isn't going to be nearly enough to kill them.

For the junkyard, bring hollow-points to deal with dogs and full mutants, regular rounds or tungsten carbide to deal with mutated bandits, and try to take out the dogs before the bandits and mutants. The entanglement attack the dogs use makes you vulnerable to get owned, especially by full mutants. Stay far away from full mutants if you can; their acid spray ability does at least a good 60 damage, and their claws hit for around 20 to 40 per attack. Mechanical DT will help a lot against the mutated bandits, since they still use guns, crossbows, and sledgehammers, but it's not going to save you from dogs or full mutants, since all of their attacks deal acid damage. Outside of scoring mutated dog leather armor, you might be able to get a metal armor with some acid DT from the arms dealer in Junkyard.
Old Junkyard really isn't hard, as long as you don't allow yourself to get cornered/entangled, and always make sure you have an open escape route to another area.
>>
>>148703352

What does the number next to my mechanical resistance percentage mean?

My armor is 22% / 4 mechanical resistance.

Does this mean it blocks 4 points of damage for each hit after reducing what I take by 22%?

I'm pure psy, but I'm packing lots of grenades since they're lighter to carry than the armor I find lying around and sometimes the merchants run out of credits/coins so I hope that'll compensate.
>>
File: Roguelands.jpg (179KB, 1080x500px) Image search: [Google]
Roguelands.jpg
179KB, 1080x500px
What does /indie/ think of pic related?
It's a rather low-quality dungeon crawler made by one guy that features a variety of rogue-lite elements with an emphasis on permadeath and unlocks.
>>
>>148704484
>emphasis on permadeath and unlocks
so like all of them then?
>>
>>148705115
Well, when I say emphasis...
That's the biggest draw.
But basically, yeah. You can see everything you can unlock on the character creation screen from the get-go and it's all about either cheesing out your unlocks or getting good.
>Get to level 100 with no hits taken, 100% unlock chance for a race
Etc. It's still being updated and still quite unfinished in my opinion.
>>
File: magicite.png (35KB, 271x86px) Image search: [Google]
magicite.png
35KB, 271x86px
>>148704484
God why do all of the logos by this dev look so retarded?
The all lack a sense of direction and symmetry and overall look like ass
>>
>>148705853
Cause he's not much of an artist. :^)
>>
>>148697181
>gender neutral pronouns
fucking kill me
why has this become a thing
>>
>>148697181
These are the sort of idiots who think Batter did anything wrong. They're the kind of tripe that believe Bad Batter is his "true" form and not merely the way the Judge saw him because he's figuratively and literally a pussy.

They must all be purified.
>>
File: ..jpg (107KB, 522x576px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
107KB, 522x576px
how do you guys feel about Hyper Light Drifter?
>>
>>148707291
It's fucking pretty and pretty good.
>>
>>148703616
The way damage resistance works is that it either reduces the integer number (the DT), or the percentage, whichever would result in more reduction.

So, say if you're kitted out in tungsten steel armor with a total mechanical damage resistance of 80% / 30, your armor blocks 30 mechanical damage for every attack that deals less than 38 mechanical damage, and 80% for every attack that deals 38 or more mechanical damage (because after 38 damage, blocking 80% would result in more reduction than blocking 30).

Some gear only blocks by percentage, such as regular cloth balaclavas which just block 10% of all cold damage. Some gear only blocks by DT, such as a steel armor, which reduces all acid damage by a flat 5.
>>
>>148707291
The controls are stiff, it's hard to tell what you're looking at due to shitty pixel graphics, the last boss can insta kill you because there's no temporary invulnerability after you get hit, and collecting everything isn't rewarding because most of the upgrades are useless. The combat is fast-paced and stylish though, and that carried it for me. 6.5/10 good enough to play till the end, but not good enough to do newgame+
>>
>>148706225
millennials
tumblrists
SOCJUS
jobless hippie faggots
mutants
undermeme
>>
DAMn danIEL
>>
>>148712616
BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH BEING A FUCKING BITCH
>>
Can we post art from games we're working on even if it's in the concept stage of being made?
>>
>>148703616
Also, 22% / 4 sounds a lot like you're wearing pig leather. That's all fine and well for the tunnels around SGS where the most dangerous thing you might fight is a bandit encounter with a few 5mm SMGs and shitty combat knives, but it's not going to do jack fuck against good 7mm SMGs and 8mm assault rifles, not to mention crossbows.
You're gonna want to trade up for a tactical vest against bullet encounters, I recommend something with at least 5 or 6 DT. Or save up a TON of money and get one of the lower end steel armors at Junkyard, those tend to have at least 10 mechanical DT, as well as some heat, cold, acid, energy, and sometimes even electrical DT.
>>
>>148715539
Totally
>>
File: Jd646XC.png (24KB, 576x628px) Image search: [Google]
Jd646XC.png
24KB, 576x628px
>>148715880
So what does indie think of this design I've been working on don't mind me asking? See any way to improve it?
>>
>>148721197
lol
>>
>>148721197
needs more eyes
>>
>>148721197
Is this a meme?
>>
File: 1455147568604.png (583KB, 905x619px) Image search: [Google]
1455147568604.png
583KB, 905x619px
>>
Stardew Valley update when?
>>
>>148700008

>Much like Don't Starve, /indie/ is very vulnerable to getting eaten by grues during the night.

WE /zork/ NOW
>>
>>148730480
Looks like Ding's really getting into his Brad cosplay.
>>
>>148697524
>the other glaring issues
like what
>>
>>148732986
Who Hugo really is.
>>
>>148733208
it was meant to be open to interpretation.
>>
>>148733260
There's a very distinct difference between being their child and their father.
>>
>>148733297
he could be both in a figurative sense
>>
File: 1439773962547.png (542KB, 693x637px) Image search: [Google]
1439773962547.png
542KB, 693x637px
>>148697181
>They
>Their
as if the translation didnt already have enough issues, now it has a bad grammer option
>>
>>148733526
Singular they is perfectly viable in the English language.
>>
>>148733260
No it isnt. The french is pretty clear, while the english has uneeded ambiguity. The translation adds a lot of bullshit, like the pages in the library talking about how the Queen lives with her father.
>>
>>148700008
>putting into both persuade and intimidation
That seems like ez mode, similar to how high CHA in New Vegas is broken with being able to talk through half the quests.

I'm RPing as an edgelord right now so I only have a lot of intimidation and little persuasion or bartering.
Though, I ended up just leaving the gang alone once I found the key for upstairs.
>>
>>148733718
What might be true in one localization may not be in another. These inconsistencies add to the story anyhow.
>>
>>148721197
It's cute
>>
>>148734134
>someone making a mistake in a translation means it's canon guys
No it doesn't. They don't add to the story they just confuse it.
>>
>>148734606
OFF is already a heavily symbolic story to begin with. The added ambiguity only increases the breadth of interpretations possible.
>>
File: 1443372307524.jpg (51KB, 630x461px) Image search: [Google]
1443372307524.jpg
51KB, 630x461px
>>148734134
Is this an /a/ meme? No it doesnt. Some parts of the story are meant to be ambiguous while other parts arent. To increase or decrease ambiguity from the source material is to besmirch the author's work and muddy his intention.

>>148734837
Ambiguity or the number of interpretations isnt inherently good. Mortis Ghost had something he wanted to express in the story, not make a vague mess for pseudointellectuals to make random headcanons for. The intention of the original author is what matters the most.
>>
>>148735203
>What is Death of the Author?
>>
File: 1458717969875.png (2MB, 1409x6177px) Image search: [Google]
1458717969875.png
2MB, 1409x6177px
>635 patrons
>$2,574 per month
>>
>>148730981
Ive heard late August
>>
>>148737061
I had no idea that breeding game had attracted knock-offs.
>>
>>148738752
toby cux started it all, really
iraqi jew makes game encouraging millennials to have sex with male goats, makes 19 million dollars off it

of fucking course everybody and their dead grandmother is going to try to cash in on that market
>>
>>148738978
Really now? I thought it was because the lead artist of Breeding Season screwed the team over with his contract and gutted the project as he left in a hissy fit.
>>
File: 1464805460367.png (36KB, 1350x924px) Image search: [Google]
1464805460367.png
36KB, 1350x924px
>>148739436
Those are just unfound rumors
It was the goteshote meme that started this craze
>>
>>148705440
That system sounds fun and I prefer that to the grinding in """"rogue""""-lite's such as Rogue Legacy
>>
File: uCQT3j.gif (46KB, 313x207px) Image search: [Google]
uCQT3j.gif
46KB, 313x207px
i found this soundtrack on bandcamp and the game looks pretty good but i don't have a dollar https://zbwmusic.bandcamp.com/album/handsome-mr-frog-original-soundtrack
>>
>>148736674
La mort de l'auteur was not about rejecting the author's work to make up your own content, but for looking at work seperate from the author. Instead of trying to explain a work as a result of the author, for example, looking at Van Goghs art and saying this is the result of his madness, instead you should analyze his work having no knowledge of who Van Gogh is, why he painted it, who his contemparie were, the time he painted it in, the social, political, or economical environment of when it was made, and so on.
Instead of seeing a work as the voice of the author the work speaks for itself.
Therefore the actual text of OFF should be considered. To mistranslate or add your own headcanon in a translation of a work is to go against the work itself and supressing it's voice for your own. Thus you have done harm by decreasing the status of the reader even further.
>>
>>148742158
dumb frogposter
>>
>>148742407
kek
>>
>>148736674
Death of the Author is literally a Jewish meme meant to insult and denigrate the value of learning history and understanding proper context.
>>
>>148742909
Ironically parts the essay itself doesnt make as much sense unless you know the context it was written in.
>>
>>148721197

I think I'd merge the ears and the headhands, and give it long prehensile earlobes, sort of like how an elephant's trunk evolved from it's nose.
>>
File: UndertaleTrump.gif (492KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
UndertaleTrump.gif
492KB, 800x660px
>>148738978
>>148738752
>>148737061

>we may get more indie games about having sex with monstergirls

Nice.

>>148734015

It came in handy, but I'm just in the early game. Made finding Blaine easy. Although even maxing intimidation and looking for as many oddities as I could find, I couldn't intimidate the guy at the bar into giving me his keycard.

>>148715875

I should probably invest in better armor. While I was exploring, I found a bunch of lunatics, they're very hard for me, but I find if I use stealth and try to take out the ice girl immediately, it helps (I got the lightening thing, so I can stun her and a guy who is usually with her to give myself an opening advantage.) I even got enough skill in lockpicking to set simple traps now.

Although, even though lockpicking should give me a little mechanics, and hacking should give me a little skill in electronics, mechanics and electronics are both stuck at zero. Maybe it's just a bug since I'm playing a pirated version.
>>
What happened to Towergirls.
Will it ever not be in flash?
>>
>>148756639
They were chased out by shitposters
>>
File: 1462378868407.png (3MB, 1016x4982px) Image search: [Google]
1462378868407.png
3MB, 1016x4982px
reminder undertale is unoriginal trash
>>
File: internal slam.png (301KB, 396x446px) Image search: [Google]
internal slam.png
301KB, 396x446px
>he doesn't use joy
>>
>>148750448
That's actually a really good idea, thanks.
>>
>>148725046
It's a compound eye like a dragonfly or praying mantis.
>>148734291
Oh, thanks. Glad it looks sorta good at least.
>>
>>148721197
are you the guy who drew the centipede man?
>>
>>148715539
h8 r8 gib tips I know its jpg
>>
>>148721197
Is it supposed to be whimsical looking, cause that smug little beak is doing it
>>
>>148763020

If it's supposed to be a compound eye, you should take away the "pupil" or at least make it bigger and greyer/fading into the rest of the eye so it looks less like a pupil so it's easier for people to tell it's a compound eye.
>>
>>148767126
Didn't you post this 4-5 months ago?
>>
File: ZAlLS7e.png (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ZAlLS7e.png
6KB, 300x300px
>>148766871
You mean this right?
>>
>>148767126
I cant make out what the masked man is holding. Also why is he the only one with shading on his clothes?
>>
File: AYYYYYY.png (51KB, 138x144px) Image search: [Google]
AYYYYYY.png
51KB, 138x144px
>>148767389
tfw yes I got a bad memory
>>
>>148767450
yep
>>148767530
its his hand pointing upwards because at the time I forgot to shade the rest of them
>>
File: 7526954_orig.jpg (293KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
7526954_orig.jpg
293KB, 640x482px
>>148767306
That not actually a pupil. It's one of those dots you always see in a mantis's eyes. I think they're called a pseudopupil. It's there to sorta mess and creep the player out a little, like the creature's always watching them instead of their character, until they find out it's not even a pupil but instead that just appears anywhere on those kinds of eyes depending on the angle you're looking at it from.
>>
>>148751421
That's not how skill synergies work. Putting points into mechanics gives points in lockpicking, and putting points into electronics gives points in hacking, but not the other way around.
>>
>>148737061
>>148738752
>>148751421
Wasn't there some drama that the main art guy of the breeding season game left with half their money and most of their art and refused to sell back the art rights and is now basically recycling it into his own version of the game?
>>
>>148767880
Funny enough that two legged creature with the head hand things is the same creature as the centipede one but redesigned since I wasn't satisfied with how the centipede looked. It looked a bit too awkward and weak to really do anything, plus I wanted it to be able to grab onto stuff better.
>>
>>148760715
Wow some of that is really grasping for connections, oh no they both a doctor/scientist character like countless games and in one he's asking for help and in the other they're offering help but it's still totally the same?
>>
>>148768841
>defending undermeme
>>
>>148767126
Is that ridley if he were a lisa character?
>>
>>148768841
Are you really getting mad at a meme joke?
>>
>>148768441
that's not really what happened, but I do encourage you to look it up
>>
>>148768441
Also while still being paid to work on breeding season he actually stopped and started on his own game which would then go on to reuse the assets he made for breeding season.
>>
>>148769464
What happened then?
>>
>>148769112
I haven't played it but some of the image seems desperately reaching to make comparisons.

>>148769296
Do you think everyone online is mad?
>>
>>148769119
yes
>>
>>148769661
read the post by the guy that started the project
he admitted he wasn't doing work and wasn't running the project for months
spent months trying to fuck his roommate's wife rather than do any work
that a couple other people were leaving before shwig wanted to, one had left and the other was going to
could've hired a project manager and the whole thing could've been done over a year ago
basically he did nothing useful by his own admission and wanted to pin it on shwig, when shwig didn't even write the contract
plus he was really bad about paying people their owed wages for work, that's where the claim of "took the money and ran" comes in
>>
>>148770153
Does that mean he's a warlord and buddy's the lisa version of Samus?
>>
>>148768662
I liked the old one
>>
>>148770304
that's a rad idea but no, ptero people are just a peaceful race in the world settings
>>
>>148770361
The problem is that the legs sorta didn't make sense. The front two were able to open up to grab things like a crab but the creature was so short and small that it was sorta pointless. The tentacles used for grabbing looked to puny and weak that they barely work for grabbing in the first place. Along with this the legs were really short and sorta seemed really bad for even really walking. Plus three pointed feet seemed sorta hard to balance on. I sorta plan on using aspects on maybe a more spider or crustacean like creature though, like the head,neck, and pointed claw feet ideas.
>>
>>148770574
Heads up, don't save sprites as .jpgs. It sorta distorts the colors and stuff and makes them lower quality. Might wanna save them as a png.
>>
>>148771246
>not saving your sprites as high-quality 320kb lossless FLAC
>>
>>148770246
>stopped working on the game to work on his own competing game for a month while sill being paid to work on the original game

>took half of the project funds when he suddenly left

>it's totally cool to take most of the art for a project, refuse to sell it back, and use it on your own almost identical project, because it's legal so you can't stop him :^)
>>
>>148768441
>left with half their money
Pretty sure he simply took what he was paid, and his contract was for 50%.

Both sides are figurative and literal jews but only the art guy had talent hard to replace.
>>
>>148771962
>he's the really talented one anyway so he deserves to take all the assets to make an almost identical game but kick out everyone else who worked on it

>it's legal so don't even dare to say it's shitty or his lawyers will destroy you!
>>
>>148772609
>being this mad
sounds like you got cucked hard milennial patreon jew faggot
>>
>>148772770
Ponyfag pls go
>>
>>148771929
There is no point in buying it back without buying the artist back because theyd have to do over it again or else the game would look like shit due to mismatched art. It's not like it was ever going to get finished anyway.
>>
>>148772895
>projecting this hard
i'm literally lol-ing out loud at ur life my bledran
>>
hey macklemore
>>
>>148773130
>projecting
Explain
>>
>>148772770
>anyone who disagrees with shady underhanded behavior to steal a project out from under people must just be the evil bad-generation dev! oy vey you better shut up or I'll sick my lawyers on you and take the rest of your sheckles, I have a contract and you can't stop me!
>but you're the jew!
oh the irony!
>>
>tfw the indie game you donated to is actually developing beautifully and on schedule

Fuck yeah.
>>
>>148773672
>being this permamad and permacucked because a dev did something his contract allowed him to
you are the jew
you weak white millennial BITCH little faggot, stupid scrawny ass manlet lanklet skinnyfat fuckboy, hipster mohawk professional victim cuckold
eat a dick, nigga
>>
>>148772971
>you can only possibly have one artist per game or the whole thing will be ruined, don't you know how games are made!?

>better just give the whole game and all the money to the rightful owner and let him make it and forget about the others, let's all go make the max possible donation to ensure he can put his full genius into the game!
>>
>>148772895
Breeding Season was the one with actual horsefucking
>>
>>148774171
The only one who was animated was the cat girl though
>>
>>148774080
For a porn game, yes. You can have only one artist or you have several artists work together to make sure their styles are identical enough for it to not look like shit.
Its not my fault HCuck didnt realize his entire project falls apart if one guy leaves.
>>
>>148665828
wow fuck you i saved rando but i didnt know he was going to be shit get fucked
>>
>>148774459
Everyone left senpai there's is no one else to work on the game
>>
>>148773785
So it's not a Hat in Time
>>
>>148774065
>oy vey I have a contract and the lawyers to enforce it till you don't have a sheckle left to fight with, no one can question me or you're another hitler you problematic piece of shit! JUST BUY THE GAME ALREADY I DESERVE THE MONEY!!!!
>>
>>148774642
>getting this mad
o i am laffin
o i am LOLing out loud
i'm ROFLing on the floor while LOLing out loud and LMAOing my ass off
gimme some more of those sweet weak white millennial BITCH tiers, you little faggot, you memesexual memegendered alaskan goatfucking cuckold, you weigh maybe 75 pounds soaking wet and you've got BITCH tits
>>
>>148774887
Explain pls
>>
>>148772609
>deserves
Millenial as fuck with that unwarranted sense of entitlement
Listen kiddo, freedom isnt free and no one ''deserves'' anything. You are the move you make. The artist saw he could milk as much money as possible by not working and he did it. The artist saw he could make even more money by making his own project he could do it.

Also the fact that he's the talented one is a big part of why things went he way they did. When Breeding season just started out with shitty art it was a big deal that the artist even signed on with them, which is why he had the ridiculous contract for 50% and had full ownership of his own assets.
It was an amateur project for only a handful of people. The programmers skill as a programmer wasnt equal to the artist's skill as an artist.
The whole thing should have never gotten a single dime on Patreon until they at least finished the core animations.
>>
File: 1457928612176.png (168KB, 1799x945px) Image search: [Google]
1457928612176.png
168KB, 1799x945px
>>148774642
l m a o
>>
>>148774624
Well with half their money and most of their art gone they'd pretty much have to start from scratch so they called it off.

Since the other guy plans to use the art that he refuses to sell back to make almost identical game directly competing with them it's pretty pointless to even try. They'd be almost starting over while he'll be starting with equal funds and the art and he's already billing his game as the "true game" salvaging what was left of the original.
>>
>>148760715
Truly the Quentin Tarantino of video games
>>
>>148774887
>just starts swearing like a child with tourette's and projecting all their personal insecurities

wew kid, calm down

Maybe take any meds you're supposed to be on and wait for your sperg tantrum to pass.
>>
>>148776046
>using the projecting meme invented by HSG
>using the wew meme invented by /s4s/
>using le autism meme invented by the known brit manlet cuck tripfag of /v/ in 2009
you've already lost
get owned on, millennial faggot
>>
File: prettyscenery.jpg (338KB, 1280x695px) Image search: [Google]
prettyscenery.jpg
338KB, 1280x695px
>>148774630
It's one of the few games we can't discuss on /vg/. Here's some concept art I ripped from the Backer's Forums.
>>
>>148776754
>using the millennial meme invented by Reddit
>>
>>148776941
>claiming reddit invented a meme out of something that isn't even a meme
typical reddit tactics
you have to go back
>>
>>148777048
No u
>>
>>148777128
typical redditumblr millennial
>>
>>148774887
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y7QpjnWRKe
>>
>>148776754
>thinks projecting is meme
>thinks autism is a meme
Geez, you know this site is 18+, right?
Did you get here from reddit or something?
>>
>>148778431
>using le everyone who disagrees with me is le underage boogeymang (meme invented by /v/)
>using le reddit projection deflection typical psyop tactics (invented by /v/)
get better material any time, you /utg/ millennial psyop cuck shill
>>
>>148778343
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0X5GCcyQSUV
>>
File: 1467766276645.png (104KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467766276645.png
104KB, 400x400px
>>148778343
kekked hard
8/10
>>
Also has anyone tried creating 2D games in the latest Unreal Engine, or at least heard of a 2D game in the engine?
>>
>>148776786
O-oh. That's good to hear nonetheless
Is this the fighting game one?
>>
>>148778614
>>using le everyone who disagrees with me is le underage boogeymang (meme invented by /v/)
Oh yeah, everyone who disagrees must just be the millenial, faggot, jew, whatever-other-insults-you-can-think-of dev that you don't like, that's much more reasonable, right? LOL

Just lurk more and maybe you'll figure out how to stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>148778343
>recognize that voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAZAIh9dpU
>>
File: 1467073874528.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1467073874528.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>148779235
>implying you're not a millennial faggot jew
>>
>>148779571
nice meme
>>
>>148779656
(you)
>>
>>148771246
I have them as pngs on my other dead computer, I'll post the recent ones I madeon this other computer
>>
>>148776786
Why can't we discuss it?
>>
>>148779760
nice meme
>>
File: poorweelamb.webm (997KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
poorweelamb.webm
997KB, 640x360px
>>148779181
Yep.

>>148781223
Because some people are still stuck in 2012 and can't control their extreme level of autism.

Have another piece, this time a huge showing of get hit animations, ranging in severity.
>>
>>148782867
Oh that game. That explains why.
>>
>>148783167
It really sucks, because you can't really discuss it on the containment board, either. The natives there hate it and will purposely try to get it deleted. Poor game can't catch a break.

Hope some people enjoyed seeing some aspects. In a world of corrupt indie games, I'm happy that this one isn't one of them.
>>
>buying indie games
>>
>>148784172
That's true, plus it's actually a pretty good looking game on a technical level too regardless of its subject matter.
>>
>>148784620
what subject matter?
>>
>>148784917
horsefucker shit
>>
>>148784973
sick fucks
>>
>>148784620
I know, right? You can really see the years of gamedev experience shining through.

>>148784917
It started out as a pony fan game. It got C&D'd, but the creator of small horse show stepped in and joined their indie team. A few years after they figured out their legal situation, they held a kickstarter and are now working on it as an original IP.
>>
>>148784172
I don't see why the game can't be posted here
It's not MLP it's just on a similar art style
>>
>>148785163
It's the same fucking artist and it will probably be as same as MLP in every other way.
>>
>>148785163
Don't say things like that, you'll just rile up the angry autists to shitpost this poor thread into oblivion.
>>
>>148785151
So basically Freedom Planet.
>>
>>148784494
w e w
>>
>>148785761
Sort of, except the devs were unfairly forced their hand. They were one month away from releasing the game when they got hit, and it was either, abandon it or salvage it. If it weren't for the creator stepping in and lending them a hand, I'm certain they would have given up then.
>>
I am going to play Her Story and see what the hype is about
>>
>>148785408
How is a game going to be the same as a show?
>>
>>148787201
It's literally just a movie.
I still enjoyed it though
>>
>>148785163
It's allowed to be posted in /indie/
>>
LF-> straight games in 2016
>>
>>148787331
Style, characters, looks, music etc.
>>
File: dat3dtho.webm (454KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dat3dtho.webm
454KB, 640x360px
>>148788508
Really? If so, awesome. I can dump new stuff whenever it's posted on the Backer's Forums. I'll still spoiler it, though, since they are technically spoilers.

Have a new move from Ollie on Velvet's stage.
>>
>>148789962
literally MLP
>>
>>148790592
Nothing says 4-year old girls like demons.
>>
File: 1468719975523.gif (304KB, 626x509px) Image search: [Google]
1468719975523.gif
304KB, 626x509px
>>148790592
>>
>>148776786
>>148782867
>>148784172

If they take out all the ponies and characters from the show, does it even count as an MLP game anymore?

I don't see why it can't be discussed.

>>148790592

>literally My Little Pony
>they're not mine
>they're not especially small
>they're not ponies
>>
>>148790592
True but I dont really care, the overreaction to tiny horses is even more cancerous than tiny horses
FIghting games are for negroids btw
>>
>>148791190
are you some kind of horsefucker
>>
File: NervousPikmin1.webm (73KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
NervousPikmin1.webm
73KB, 700x394px
>>148791556

No, I stopped watching after season 2
>>
>>148791372
>True but I dont really care, the overreaction to tiny horses is even more cancerous than tiny horses
fuck off with this meme
only horsefuckers do this meme
it's horsefucker defense tactics
>>
>>148791670
why did you even start
>>
File: MyLife.png (18KB, 241x219px) Image search: [Google]
MyLife.png
18KB, 241x219px
>>148791868
>>
>>148791190
It's like saying Freedom Planet's not a sonic game. It's not, but it's a HUGE love letter, like a really big one.
>>
Does indie still care about RPG Maker games or has it's taste evolved beyond that?

Also any college fags here, if so state major.

Computer Science
>>
>>148789185
That's like saying that everything drawed by shelbby is vore since me makes a bunch of vore stuff and all the other drawings have the same art style, artist, color pallet etc...
>>
LF-> games not made by horsefuckers in 2016
>>
>>148791670
the new one is pretty good, they made a dragon waifu
also orange a best
>>
>>148791190
>he thinks it isnt Thesues' ship
Youre one of those anti human augmentation types arent you
>>
>>148794181
I still care about RPG Maker games, not just LISA
>>
>>148791704
Hi, I hate Horsefuckers but don't you think Anti-Horsefuckers are just as bad?
>>
File: 1468127589156.jpg (16KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1468127589156.jpg
16KB, 240x255px
anyone else kind of disappointed you can't be a butcher in stardew, I wouldn't mind having to rebuy animals if it meant I had another way to make money/make my own steaks
>>
Are there any english or commercial RPG maker games that use those rad scripts for non vanilla combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWvW9srnIXQ
>>
>>148796538
The problem is that these systems look great while you aren't using them. When you actually play with them, each battle becomes an overcomplicated mess and gets tedious really fast.
>>
>>148796330
no
do you think anti-Nazis are just as bad as Nazis
do you think anti-Jews are just as bad as Jews
>>
>>148796429
It sucks that you cant do it, but many people blame him for cutting it out. While it was technically in then, he's given the original work so people can reimplement it but it was in such an early state it's unplayable.
What work he did on butchery was never good to begin with. It sucks but I dont blame him for not wanting to spend time coding something he was morally against.
>>
>>148796839
Ever notice how Nazi's are always complaining about jews? Well ANTI-Nazis are always complaining about Nazis so they're just as bad, those fucking problematic jewish assholes! Wouldn't you agree?
>>
File: medman.jpg (14KB, 233x281px) Image search: [Google]
medman.jpg
14KB, 233x281px
>>148796839
>he's actually comparing nazis and jews to autists who watch a show for little girls
>>
>>148796839
There is nothing wrong with Nazis tho
>>
>>148797075
Cartoons in general are for little kids, just like how anime are for weeaboos
If you watch any of the two you are a autist
>>
>>148797626
>Cartoons in general are for little kids
>Video games aren't
>Guys I'm n-not an autist!
>I-im so cool!
>>
Who cares if the cow fighting game is for kids? It looks fun
>>
>>148797939
indie games arent made for children, theyre made by adults for adults
>>
>>148797939
Video games are for autists too
We are all autists
We are on a general for indie games, are you going to say that this is not autistic?
>>
>>148798383
*autistic adults
>>
>>148798383
>indie games arent made for children
>saying this when Undertale and jump scare simulators are a thing
>>
>>148798548
Kikestarter games arent independent video games
There is no difference from getting money from a single contributor and getting money from multiple contributors.
Imagine if indie musicians raised millions before even releasin a single track
>>
>>148794181
We still care about RPGs.
>>
>>148798708
This thread as a collective allows Kickstarter games to be discussed.
>>
>>148798708
Then almost every indie game isn't indie, which is stupid.
>>
File: image.png (918KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
918KB, 1024x768px
>>148795440
But the red one is the best pikmin you faggot
>>
>>148793021
If it was a Sonic game it wouldn't have obnoxiously long stages or bad voice acting.
>>
>>148778723
Is that Saint?
>>
>>148800159
That's literally sonic, except it's stages are obnoxious for other reasons.
>>
>>148800579
No. Modern Sonic, certainly, but not Classic Sonic. i took a look at the gameplay and I wasn't impressed at all.
>>
>>148800726
Yeah because there totally weren't slow stages and hazards and obstacles put right in your way just to slow or stop you unless you have a really good memory on each and every stage.
>>
>>148799751
>literally almost every indie game was kickstarted
Why dont you talk about OFF or Cave Story
>>
>>148801789
There were no pinball physics to speak of and that dash made me physically ill. Please stop this "classic Sonic was slow" meme.
>>
>>148802020
The second stage of sonic one wasn't slow? What?
>>
>>148802373
Oh fuck off with your oh-so-epic Marble Zone comeback. It was a perfectly doable stage but that was not really Sonic.
>>
>>148801996
I said almost, plus not related to what you're saying but I forgot to mention indie games that anyone should/do care about.
>>
>>148802504
It was fucking boring.
>>
>>148802641
It didn't collapse in on itself.
Regardless, the entire game of Freedom Planet reminds me more of Marble Zone, and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>148802641
Fucking pleb. But it should have been switched with Starlight Zone
>>
>>148802747
Honestly Freedom Planet reminds me more of angel island zone from sonic 3 more than anything off the top of my head.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Freedom Planet reminds me of Boomy the Cat but bad. Fucking ripoffs.
>>
Five days til Starbound

Who's with me?
>>
>Arkantos mod
>No soup sidekick

The hell is this hardmode faggotry.
>>
>>148804000
Maybe aesthetics, but you're silly if you think those abysmal physics are reminiscent of that.
>>
>>148804587
I don't know, just something about the level design of angel island reminds me of Freedom Planet for some reason.
>>
Is /lite/ kill where is my Nuclear Throne discussion
>>
>>148798528
>>148798404
>>148797939
>>148797626
nice /v/ memes

>>148797075
kill yourself horsefucker
>>
ayo
>>
>>148794487
>drawed
Firstly, your argument is one that a five years old would make. Vore is not the case, but if you picked Shellby or any other artist to work on something their style and characters would go to it.

>das bushit, prove pls
Jeff Agala's Shank and Mark of the Ninja. Both games look that they belong to the same universe.

>das only one artiz, moar pls

Behemoth games carry the same art and style. (Castle Crashers, BattleBlock theater, Alien Hominid)

Same with Lab Zero Games (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Wanna go deeper?
Capcom's arcade games. They were so alike that they thrown them together in one to make a single game, of all the sprites used on Marvel vs Capcom 70% of them came from already existing separate games.

There you go, all artists carry their style through out their work. just like this fighting game already looks a lot like... that show.
>>
>>148805757
I thought /lite/ was going strong
>>
>>148813570
karb realized he couldn't assassinate /indie/ so he went and did in /lite/ instead
>>
>Cossacks 3 never
>>
>>148813824
He never posted in /lite/ tho
>>
File: 1461735585913.png (621KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461735585913.png
621KB, 800x800px
>>148805757
Good luck reaching 200 posts
>>
>>148815709
why is she black
>>
>>148815909
...AND has blue eyes?
>>
>>148816695
Clovis pls go
>>
>>148805757
/lite/ died like a week ago.
Here's the last one.
>>148023794
If you want, make a new one and see if anyone shows up.
>>
>>148813570
/lite/ is dead when we're alive, we're dead when /lite/'s alive.
>>
>>148818282
>we're dead when /lite/'s alive.
So this is our "alive?"
God, I'd hate to see our "dead" again.
>>
>>148794181
Ive moved on to RenPy games.
Neuroscience
>>
>>148688540
Good. More games needs to push pedosexual rights.
Rick, it's 2016. Can't afford to be afraid of our own people anymore, man.
>>
>>148794181
Yes.
General Accounting.
>>
>>148815709
I like this alt costume
>>
>>148818507
How are you enjoying RenPy games?
>>
File: 1467077085957.png (114KB, 228x310px) Image search: [Google]
1467077085957.png
114KB, 228x310px
>>148688540
At least you bumped the thread
>>
File: 416210_20160718013458_1.png (609KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
416210_20160718013458_1.png
609KB, 1920x1080px
Block'hood is certified comfy
>>
Is there any place to buy shields in Junkyard, SGS, or Blaine's place?

>>148816695
>>148815909

Maybe she's water tribe.

Who cares, it's a sexy look.
>>
Freedom Planet's balances of speed vs. exploration was better than the Sonic games
>>
>>148821743
Ezra at SGS will sometimes sell shields. You might also check the merchant at the Scrappers' camp.
>>
>>148823329
>You might also check the merchant at the Scrappers' camp.

Too bad I already kill la killed him. I'll check out Erza next time I go there.
>>
>>148820659
how would you know

sages have been invisible for a long ass time
>>
>>148823447
I don't believe you
>>
>>148824910
try it
>>
File: 1450068598287-0.png (165KB, 499x368px) Image search: [Google]
1450068598287-0.png
165KB, 499x368px
>>148823447
>>148824910

why japanese overlord sama
>>
>>148825157
it wasn't gook that did this
it was moot
pretty much just before he left, actually
>>
File: BioBeta.jpg (97KB, 388x480px) Image search: [Google]
BioBeta.jpg
97KB, 388x480px
>>148825437
>it was moot

Who?
>>
>>148767167
Kinda. It's supposed to be both sorta appealing and cool/ neat but also sorta freaky looking,
>>
Is Shovel Knight considered indie, or is it not strange/unsuccessful enough?
>>
>>148826114
Shovel Knight is definitely indie
>>
>>148825437
so has the gook actually did nothing at all

other than sell data
>>
>>148826353
Not if you don't consider kickstarted indie.
>>
>>148826353
Ah good, then I can ask my question here.
Does anyone know how to replace the sprites in game with different ones?
>>
>>148825602
nice /b/ meme
>>
>>148826437
gook added /his/ and /qst/
>>
It is acceptable to talk about Shovel Knight here
>>
>>148829198

Yes
>>
>>148821578
Should I buy it? I've had it in my list for a while but I'm always scared of buying unfinished games. Is it playable enough that if the devs were to jump the ship it'd still be a good game?
>>
>>148829198
No
>>
>>148789962
So it's a fucking fighting game?
>>
>>148834763
it's propaganda is what it is
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Y1bdq--Sw

"SHOW THEM YOUR TITS BUDDY!" - black tea recluse 2016
>>
>hack a box that needs 75 hacking
>1 frag mine
>pick a locker that needs 60 lockpicking
>it has absolutely nothing in it

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>148839906
all a big scam by Coretech to make sure people keep buying lockpicks and haxxors
>>
>>148631349
>no Dorito Galaxy
faggot
>>
>>148840768
i bet karb is behind this
>>
File: 1463639900509.png (146KB, 391x347px) Image search: [Google]
1463639900509.png
146KB, 391x347px
>underrail
>playing psi character
>have to get shield emitters from a dock warehouse
>can sneak in, talk my way in, or fight
>have low sneak so none of that
>alt path through the vents requires sneaking too but you also have to fight stealth scorpions
>have low persuasion so none of that
>can't pretend to be bob because playing as a lady
>fighting my way in means fighting all of the troops in heavy armor with guns and also probably pissing off every other Protectorate in corecity
well what the fuck do i do then
>>
>>148841413
you can do that mission with zero points in stealth
you just have to buy a lot of stealth-increasing gear
try for like
14 stealth balaclava
31 stealth leather overcoat
7 stealth leather boots
that's 52 points in stealth for free
which is enough to do that mission, honestly

it's fucking hard no matter what route you take
i know because i got stuck on that shit for hours
but i fucking pulled it off eventually
just like you, didn't have any stealth, and didn't have enough persuasion to talk my way in
i did have enough intimidation to get the supervisor at the docks to let me into the vents though
but mostly i had that stealth gear
and i passed that fuckin op without even having to kill anybody
>>
https://youtu.be/cAf_CaF86Lk

ayy lmaos want to invade the space nazi telvannis and i'm on the side of space wizard hitler despite him genociding my people with the now dead space robo trumps. it's magical.
>>
>>148834667
I enjoy it but I'm not sure how much content it has so far
>>
>sledgehammers bypass all mechanical DT

dude this is fuckin bullshit
>>
>>148841639
Thanks for the tips but i managed anyway
Turns out nobody on the ouside gives a shit if you sneak through the vents and then kill everybody in the warehouse
Some rage'ng and hiding behind force walls later and i've gotten the shields, fixed the drill and took the gang base back
Now what
>>
File: Block'hood modes.png (1MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Block'hood modes.png
1MB, 1920x2160px
>>148834667
So far there are only 19 challenges and a sandbox.

At this time it's a complete experience. I'd wait until a few more updates that expand content get released.

There's a mode in development called World Mode that forces the player to build on premade terrain and has interconnected hoods, which I think if finished will make the game worth buying.
>>
>>148704484
>Grinding out a Caster type character
>Level 59, decide to say "fuckit" and just suicide with no gear on cause he's eligible for THIRTEEN unlocks
>My heart sinks when i see only three boxes
>I lose hope for this shitty game when 2 of them are Race Variants and the third one is a fucking Race outright WORSE than another I have
>I lost 12 out of 13 1/4 success rolls
>The odds of that happening are 3%
>>
>>148704484
This looks like Magicite 2.0 in space
I stopped playing magicite because all my unlocks got wiped and i can't be arsed to unlock it all again
Tell me, does this have a "ghost"?
Yknow, like spelunky where a thing pops up that you can't kill after a period of time
>>
File: Keep her outside.jpg (128KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Keep her outside.jpg
128KB, 850x478px
>watching stream of three video game podcasts hosts
>chat starts talking about Yume Nikki
>one of the host perks up, calls it amazing
>other two hosts (notably Gone Home fans) look up pictures of it, dismiss it entirely
>host whose a fan is obviously offended, calls it ahead of its time
>"Maybe the dev should remake it and put a lesbian in it. That way people can cream themselves over it and call it Game of the Year."
>mfw
>>
>>148853225
>people only like gone home because it has lesbians in it
nice m3m3
>>
>>148819639
Date Warp was pretty nice
>>
File: war.png (413KB, 1748x1240px) Image search: [Google]
war.png
413KB, 1748x1240px
>/ntg/ dies two posts in
>/lite/ remained dead because yuropoors couldn't maintain the threads
>nowhere to shitpost bandits
Life is suffering
>>
>>148853025
No. There are only 2 "Ghosts" I've found thus far, one is the Plaguelands boss which spawns as you enter, and the Fire Drake, which spawns 30 seconds after you enter the Molten Crag.
There's also a literal ghost in the Demon Land and the Whisperwood, but you gotta trigger those.
Also, Roguelands takes out arguably the best part of Magicite, the crafting system, and replaces it with a rather generic "combine 3 things to receive item, but only at your home base and in 1 Major City."

It plays very similarly to Magicite, but in space.
And the level design manages to be even worse.
>Every "room" in a level is a rectangle that may have a pathway leading left, right, up, or down with a floating platform in the middle that may or may not have a gap in the middle
Every room is identical, which is kinda sad.
You can get it cheap as shit in the latest Humble Bundle still.
Also,
>One of the best Melee and Ranged weapons is a random gift from a dude in the first-fucking-area of the game
>>
>>148839906
At a certain point I started to savescum before picking locks
>>
>>148853545
You're welcome to shit about bandits here. After all, even a few of the /ntg/ vets are still here, myself included.
I was nobody in particular.
>>
>>148853325
>people like gone home because
eric, truly eric
>>
File: bfg.jpg (140KB, 874x842px) Image search: [Google]
bfg.jpg
140KB, 874x842px
>>148853661
It's not the same, my dude
>tfw you get a gun
>tfw no /ntg/ to shitpost it in
>>
File: mario's a nigger.png (3KB, 282x289px) Image search: [Google]
mario's a nigger.png
3KB, 282x289px
>>148737061
>635 patrons
>for a project run by the kike that swindled another campaign out of thousands of dollars and ran off with all of the art assets
do these people never learn?
>>
>>148855682
The more things change the more they stay the same
Also
>772 patrons
>$3,145 per month
>>
>>148813824
>>148840913
>Trying to turn Karbonic into a literal boogeyman
Come on now, I know you don't like him, but why are you doing this?
>>
>>148855682
I want to believe
>>
File: buddy.jpg (34KB, 219x243px) Image search: [Google]
buddy.jpg
34KB, 219x243px
>>148658072
>buddy is now flustered
>>
File: Stareman.gif (2MB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
Stareman.gif
2MB, 300x229px
>>148859224

>someone made a pic of Buddy getting fertilized

Time to hit up Pixiv
>>
>>148859427
you're not gonna find it on pixiv
https://a.pomf.cat/celrmj.jpg
>>
>>148813824
>>148840913
Midson, pls
>>
>>148859680
What's this artist's name?
Zubuk?
>>
File: HornyKorean.jpg (160KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HornyKorean.jpg
160KB, 750x1000px
>>148859680

Nice, thanks. the only way it could be better if she was getting creampied and impregnated.
>>
>>148859889
Yes.
>>
>>148859889

Yeah, here is his pixiv if you want to see his other stuff, it also has a link to his pateon if you want to toss a few jewgolds his way.

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2449405
>>
>>148819639
Sleepless Nights is good.
>>
>>148861286
What's that?
>>
>>148861761
It's a visual novel
>>
>>148859913
good taste
the real question is should it be an alt version or a follow up
>>
File: jo7zm1v3yn8x.png (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jo7zm1v3yn8x.png
52KB, 600x600px
>>148862205
follow up, of course.
>>
I guess since stardew valley general is gone I have to ask here.

Can anyone tell me where to find the portrait mod made by the unteralterbach guy? I've checked nexus and the stardew valley forums and couldn't find it
>>
>>148863632
>Name returns a shit-ton of Loli
What the fug?
Also no idea.
>>
>>148863847

unteralterbach is a visual novel about a guy who gets a job lurking the darknet looking for pedos to bust, but winds up getting addicted to loli pussy instead.
>>
>>148863956
Ah, thank you Misha.
>>
Quick, post pitchshifted music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynu_zin33M
>>
>go to room
>kill two autoturrets by spamming lightening
>grab the key card you need to advance and about 4 oddities
>head back into the vent shaft
>tripped a mine
>ded
>forgot to quicksave

J U S T
>>
>>148863632
http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/59/?
>>
>>148704484
Hey, you know what we should do?
Group play this shit later on new characters.
>1 Melee
>1 Gunner
>1 Mage
>1 Priest
>>
>>148742158
>game is literally about a smug frog fighting "normies"
Finally, a game for people like me
>>
Finally got the goddamn drill thingie. I'll be able to visit a lot more places now, right?
>>
>Undertale
>Underrail

What will the next Under game be?
>Underveil
>>
>>148870216
Underwatch, the Overwatch Digital Card Game.
Calling it now.
>>
>>148870314
>Underwatch
>Not a spinoff Game Maker RPG like Five Nights at Fuckboy's
>>
In Underrail, Spawn (the little bugs) fuck me up really easily and a group of thugs past the fishing hole always stunlock me and kills me. Is this a sin that I should get good or come back when I level up
>>
>>148871026
Are you remembering to use your consumables?
>>
>>148871026

If you just arrived at junkyard, those thugs and little bigs are too tough for you. Come back later when you're higher leveled so you can stomp those assholes in the dick. You can go north from where you are to find a lot of mindshrooms and lake poppies if you want them to sell/use.
>>
>>148871093
I cant even use a health hypo because I get stunned but I usually die in one turn due to the enemeis getting crits 70% of the time. I think I should have brought traps
>>148871298
Thanks
>>
>>148804524
Go easymode then (don't pick hardmode)
>>
Any draw requests?
>>
>>148870431
That's not a spinoff, that's a fan game you dolt.
>>
>it is not a game about ponies
>>
>>148871949
Sure, why not.
Risk of Rain Commando holding up a paper smile over his mask, an Overloading Magma Worm raging, or maybe raving if .gif, in the background, text at top/bottom says "I'm perfectly fine."
>>
>>148872382
>it's not a game about Kangaroo Paladins
>>
>>148859680
She's a pretty good butt Buddy.
>>
File: jMOJO.webm (3MB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
jMOJO.webm
3MB, 600x500px
Do you guys know any indie game that play like mario kart or CTR?
I tried SpeedRunners but it was it was not what i am looking for
>>
>>148871949
Buddy x Lucy (Arkantos girl) yuri.
>>
>>148874216
My friend has recommended super indie kart before and his favorite genre's kart racing.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/323670/
>>
>>148874216
There's Coffin Dodgers which according to reviews is just meh. At least it has a demo.
>>148875262
Just looked this up, where are these characters from?
>>
Manny!
>>
>>148875553
I think the trailer on the linked steam page says quite a few of them.
>>
>all these CRPGs i'll never play
>>
File: 1461932703286.png (827KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
1461932703286.png
827KB, 600x852px
>>148877473
>tfw I have a couple thousand hours of unplayed CRPGs in my steam library.
At least Im finally playing Underrail
>>
>>148878489
>bought Pillars of Eternity
>don't even like fantasy games
>>
File: 1468692276238.png (84KB, 636x298px) Image search: [Google]
1468692276238.png
84KB, 636x298px
>carnifex
>>
File: ror_magma.gif (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ror_magma.gif
83KB, 600x600px
>>148872447
Sorry anon, I don't know a shit about Risk of Rain, but I hope this is alright
>>
>>148878489
>still has to finish Witcher 2
>>
>>148879207
That's actually spot on mate.
>>
>>148879207
That's hiqh quality
>>
>>148856184
why are you defending him
>>
>>148879207
Oh man that's amazing!
>>
>>148864918
maybe bring some goggles with +perception or +detection on them to spot mines
and you really should just use EMP grenades and tungsten carbide rounds against auto-turrets
>>
>>148881174
>>148881324
>>148881558

Thank you, I'm glad it's alright!

>>148874267
Sorry, I'm not into drawing anything explicit with underage characters, but I can draw something lighthearted, instead
>>
>>148879207
really good
>>
>>148881898
>Explicit
Can also be those two kissing or something.
>>
>>148882543
Ah, alright! Sorry anon, I've mostly seen people refer to explicit yuri as just yuri on here.

Do you have a reference picture of the Arkantos girl? I've never played that mod.
>>
Rando x Melting OTP
>>
>>148883182
Rando X Barbed Wire OTP
>>
File: ark beta.gif (53KB, 531x403px) Image search: [Google]
ark beta.gif
53KB, 531x403px
>>148882835
Here she is.
Also no need to be sorry.
>>
Any decent indie platformers that are out and not in eternal access?
I was looking at The Last Tinker but it turns out you hold X to do everything in the game instead of skill based platforming a la Jak
>>
>>148885880
>indie Platformers
If you want 2D, any I Wanna be the Fangame, I suggest Not Another Needle Game.
As for 3D...
Not to my knowledge.
>>
>>148886294
I meant 3D indie platformers

I reget backing a Hat in Time since Unreal Engine 3 seems to be godawful for 3D platformers compared to UE4
>>
>>148881524
Mainly because I'm pretty sure the things you're blaming him for aren't his fault, or anyone's fault for that matter.
>>
>>148887506
everything has a source

this isn't rainbow fucking lala land where things just happen out of thin air

everything is somebody's fault
>>
>>148888083
>this isn't rainbow fucking lala land where things just happen out of thin air
I wasn't saying that, but /lite/ dying seems more along the lines of people not bumping than some 'evil' user killing it in some silent way.
>>
File: argayntos.png (274KB, 655x595px) Image search: [Google]
argayntos.png
274KB, 655x595px
>>148883848
>>
>>148889491
Holy shit, adorable.
>And quick too
You are a blessing, good sir.
>>
>>148889491
Cute!
>>
>>148889491
nice
>>
>>148889491
Wow you're fast.
>>
>>148889793
Sorry for the wait, I'm glad you like it, though!
>>
>>148888083
Not everything has a boogie man as the cause though.
>>
>tfw winter
>>
>>148890301
You're the only one saying Karb is a boogeymang.
>>
>>148891034
who is this
>>
>pomf.cat is down
>>
>>148891160
I was saying NOT everything does. Wrong dude you replied to.
>>
>>148891443
>pomf.cat
What even is that.
>>
File: 1731509 - Don't_Starve Wendy-1.jpg (191KB, 633x430px) Image search: [Google]
1731509 - Don't_Starve Wendy-1.jpg
191KB, 633x430px
>>148891298
Wendy from don't starve
>tfw out of food
>>
>>148892024
image host invented by a bunch of weebmillennial fuckboys from 8cuck
>>
>>148891898
you were literally the only person who even used the term "boogie man" in the context of talking about karb
>>
>>148892930(You)
>>148891898(You)
>>148891160(You)
>>148890301(You)
>>148888365(You)
>>148887506(You)
>>
>>148892930
Because I was referencing the karb hating dude's comment ya dingus.
>>
>>148893173
but he never called karb a boogeymang
>>
File: V0eoC2C.png (4KB, 187x119px) Image search: [Google]
V0eoC2C.png
4KB, 187x119px
>>148893124
>>148856184
>>
>>148889491
Amazing job! Keep up the good work.
>>
>>148893124
why does this meme exist
>>
>>148893330
Woops, didn't mean to quote that second comment.
>>
>>148893124
Voreman pls
>>
>>148893492
who's voreman
is that another name for midson

why do we hate midson again
>>
>>148893591
Some people in a group of tabletop rpg players decided to turn him into a meme that gets blamed for everything wrong.
Due to new people entering the thread the meme's kinda fallen off.
Although it looks like Karbonic is the newest meme man.
He could be talking about Shellby who's into vore.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 750x143px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 750x143px
>>148893884
>>
There is a new Buddy picture on paheal, but it's ______futa.

Also, Erza is finally selling shield emitters. There are three: low, medium, and high frequency. What are the differences between them? Which is better?
>>
>>148894595
That's a completely different artist entirely. http://karbo.deviantart.com/
>>
>>148894982
I know it's just so bantz family
>>
>>148889491
Buddy has a nice body
>>
>>148894631
Higher frequencies have higher shielding but an expanded range both ways
>>
>>148875262
>indie kart
>no Brad
>>
>>148895517

So higher frequency = better?
>>
>>148875553
Many, if not all of them are listed in the description in an image with the three Cups.
>Toto Temple Deluxe
>Whispering Willows
>Canabalt
>Fist of Awesome
>Power Drive 2000
>Crosscode
>Read Only Memories
>Teslagrad
>Runbow
>Duck Game (AS is considered Indie?)
>Shushimi
>Freedom Planet
>>
>>148894631
Low freq has higher DT against low impact speed attacks (crossbows, cryokinesis, and some other stuff I'm forgetting) and very low impact speed (basically all melee)

High freq has higher DT against medium impact speed (pistols and SMGs), high impact speed (rifles, pyrokinesis, grenades), and very high impact speed (energy weapons, electrokinesis)

Medium freq is, as you might expect, somewhere in the middle. Ironically, it actually isn't the best against medium impact speed attacks; that would be the high freq shields.
>>
>>148895781
According to the forums it depends on your build. Heavy armor is best with low frequencies, dodge/evasion builds are best with high frequencies
>>
>>148895639
>No Brad
>No Isaac
>No Meatboy
>No Batter
>No Jacket
>No Coffee
>No Castle Crashers

The game's pretty clearly made by a group of friends who happen to be hipster game devs.
I mean why else would FoA be on there? it's not really a popular game.
>>
>>148895997
>>148895781

>copypastad
Low frequency emitters absorb more damage from slow attacks with melee and crossbows, while high frequency emitters block more damage from high speed attacks like rifles and energy weapons. Each time a shield absorbs damage it drains from your shield energy. This means that if you have high damage absorption stats on your shield, your shield will sustain fewer hits because it is absorbing all the energy of your enemies attacks.

Sometimes you want your shield to do absorb as much damage as possible because you have no natural resistance. Light armor builds with dodge benefit from a high frequency shield because leather armor does not protect well against energy weapons and you want the shield to absorb all the damage because you don't get hit as often and have no natural resistance.

However, with metal armor, you get hit more often and you have more natural resistance. a low threshold shield with a large energy pool will be able to sustain many hits because the damage reduction will max out at a small number, the damage that gets through will be reduced and easily managed by your metal armor threshold/resistance. Metal armor users benefit the most from high capacity low threshold shields because they don't care about the damage that gets through the shield, but benefit immensely from the slight damage reduction and the ability to sustain more hits.

So the best shield for a metal armor user is a high quality core, an high quality efficiency upgrade, and a low quality low frequency modulator.
>>
>>148895923
Are they adding anymore racers? I'd buy it if it had Hotline Miami or Lisa cameos
>>
>>148896183
>No Isaac or Meatboy
>Implying Steakmund would ever let someone else use his intellectual property
Chances are it's a few developers from various studios who got permissions to use some of the characters/map assets and already had the ability to use others, but a myriad turned them down/never replied.
>>
>>148896183
Well it's not like it's a high selling game, that's probably the best they can get honestly.
>>148896437
I think more are to come judging from the reviews and description.
>>
File: 1454283285461.jpg (605KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454283285461.jpg
605KB, 1920x1080px
Indie game smash brothers when? The reason all the smash clones fail is because they have shitty original characters when the appeal of smash to most is playing as your favorite IP
>>
>>148834763
Yeah. It always has been.
>>
Hey, I mentioned group-playing Roguelands earlier, anyone actually up for that, I'm set up to host whenever.
>>
>>148896183
>coffee
Sorry but no one knows about desolate hope
>>
>>148897398
Is the online available for pirates?
>>
>>148899345
Yes, it's direct connect, not server shit.
>>
>>148899389
Lurker here
I think i am gonna give it a try
How is the game, ya know gameplay wise
>>
>>148899598
Gameplay is decent, you run around and hit/shoot shit, you get up to 6 Combat Chips as well which decide your extra skills, each Chip is either a passive bonus or a skill.
Magic casters have the most awkward projectile in that on using your primary it will jump out in a random direction from your body, then fly towards the cursor after a small delay.
Gunners get a generic gun attack.
Priests get a homing projectile that persists and does 1/5th the damage of any other weapon type.
And Melee get a melee weapon.
All weapons except Priest wands do damage equal to their respective stat, Str, Dex, Magic, Faith respectively.
>>
>>148900060
Oh right and you get jumping and dashing, which each consume 1 Stamina. A jump is literally that, a Dash, Q or E, is literally that left or right.
This game has three major status effects that each occur in 1 area each outside a major boss fight.
>Poison
Will deal 1 damage to you every second and reduce the amount of poison you have by 1%, painfully fatal if you didn't bring anti-poison.
>Frost
Reduces your horizontal movement speed by a exponential decay percentage until at 100%+ you can't move or attack, requires anti-freeze.
>Burn
Same as Poison, but faster and with Anti-Fire potions.
>>
>>148900060
>>148900264
I see
Making a character right now, thinking on going with faith and tech but i dunno
Also ironman difficulty?
>>
Anyway, server. Make a new character.
173.21.180.23:7777
>>
>>148900503
Ironman turns off Multiplayer, so no.
I'd suggest Vitality and a Stat of your Choice. They all work.
Every time you level up, you gain +1 to each stat your Class has.
Every 3rd level-up, you gain points relative to your Racial bonuses. So if your race gives +2 in Tech and 1 in Vitality, you get that every 3rd level.
>>
>>148900527
Just made a character but when i try the multiplayer it says "connection request failed"
The port is 7777 right?
>>
>>148901312
Yes, in that case, try this.
192.168.0.12:7777
I recently upgraded computers and it's giving me some wacky IPs for some reason.
>>
File: 368370_20160718203210_1.png (64KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
368370_20160718203210_1.png
64KB, 1920x1080px
Let's see what this is about
>>
>>148901456
Fuckit, gonna go have dinner and come back.
>>
File: 1468451595072-1.png (159KB, 700x670px) Image search: [Google]
1468451595072-1.png
159KB, 700x670px
>>148901456
Not working
>>
>>148901839
is this another one of those "rummage through someone's house to learn about a fag child" games
>>
>>148902456
Well, I'm back, no idea if this is gonna work, but feel free to try it.
2604:2d80:8402:c987:308d:358d:fc16:32b0:7777
>>
>>148904381
yeah, it's my new favourite subgenre.
>>
>>148904524
Fuckit, nevermind. gonna go do dumb shit.
>>
bump
>>148907173
Nice 500th post
Happy anniversary of not dying yet, /indie/
>>
>>148897070
I remember some site tried to do this years ago
The pixel art was nice but sadly the game never went anywhere.
>>
I have a question for anyone around, would Yooka Laylee qualify as an Indie game, since the development team is technically an independent developer?
>>
>>148912679
it's not even out yet, is it?
>>
>>148913305
No, but the Toybox and Toybox+ are coming soon and I want to know which thread will be hanging on to the Mega link in-case I miss them from /v/.
>>
>>148912679
Yeah, I would.
>>
File: photo-original[1].png (556KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
photo-original[1].png
556KB, 1536x1152px
Have you all heard of Catacomb Kids?

It's pretty fun, it's a roguelite but it feels like it was made by someone who has a lot of respect for roguelikes
>>
seashelbby a cute!
>>
>>148915178
>It's pretty fun, it's a roguelite but it feels like it was made by someone who has a lot of respect for roguelikes

People who respect roguelikes are silly-billies.

I'll pass!

Unless...?
>>
do I really have to play Underrail?

is Underrail hard?
>>
File: 1460051530478.jpg (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460051530478.jpg
27KB, 800x600px
>>148915634
>>
Pity bump.
>>
>>148915684
It's challenging
>>
>>148915684
It helps to have a good idea on what build to make
>>
What's your least favorite /indie/ game, why, and what made you stop playing it?
>>
from afwanistan

to ~ZANZIBAR~
>>
>>148921183
Probably some obscure Steam title I can't remember.

I have trouble remembering really bad times in video games.
>>
Armor game getting fuckin ridiculous in Underrail. Just traded in a 24 DT tungsten steel armor for a 21 DT anti-rifle vest

The vests are proving themselves to be the most efficient armor type in the game, no doubt.
>>
>>148921989
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a tungsten
>>
>>148923064
It had decent heat and energy DT on it, and I wasn't getting into enough gun encounters at the time to justify wearing the 16 DT anti-rifle vest I had before it.
>>
You can't win.
/lite/ will rise again
>>
>>148924541
Midson pls
>>
File: increase my power in underrail.png (18KB, 341x144px) Image search: [Google]
increase my power in underrail.png
18KB, 341x144px
holy FUCK that was brutal
he didn't even stand a chance
>>
File: easy bledran, easy.png (82KB, 378x200px) Image search: [Google]
easy bledran, easy.png
82KB, 378x200px
dude this is bullshit
this isn't even fair anymore
I should not be allowed to do this
>>
I love this Underrail game
>>
>>148926383
where you at my man
>>
>webbed
>stunned
>46 electric damage

>webbed
>stunned
>48 electric damage

>webbed
>stunned
>42 electric damage

>webbed
>stunned
>48 electric damage

coil spiders to need to FUCK OFF ALREADY GOD DAMNIT
>>
I want to use a rip off general Grievous without all the george lucas flaws that come with him in a game as the main antagonist.
>>
>>148927686
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
I just found out they made a sequel to Uriels Chasm.
Hoo boy
>>
>>148631349
Anyone played that RPG maker game about sex? Where you basically do several fetishes at least once
>>
>>148928548
>looks up Uriel's Chasm

Thats looks trip
>>
black money funding the KKK
>>
File: f42.png (536KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
f42.png
536KB, 600x736px
>>148928715
There are a lot of rpg maker games like that
I think the that you are talking about is Vitamin quest tho but i dunno
>>
>>148930240
I think that the one you are*
Fucking hell i need to get some sleep
Good night /indie/
>>
File: 1352838397153.jpg (93KB, 294x295px) Image search: [Google]
1352838397153.jpg
93KB, 294x295px
>>148730480
>my husbando is dead
>>
Oi, any of you have any favs from before indie hit it big? Beyond Middens/OFF/Nikki I mean.

>>148930240
no it wasn't a game with sex. it was a game about sex, made by a Brazilian psychologist. It was basically a comedic exploration of the most popular fetishes. Including turning your boss into a midget and seducing him.
>>
>>148894631
You know
Futa buddy kinda works
Just think of all the weird that Yado made with her
Her dick is probably shaped like the one of a horse
>>
>>148927904
THE KING MUST ALL SOME DAY!
>>
>>148928548
Oh god that shit.
>>
File: spare a neoshekel.png (1MB, 1700x1092px) Image search: [Google]
spare a neoshekel.png
1MB, 1700x1092px
Glenn Beck is your friend and he wants you to invest in charons
>>
File: 6Q5FEfh.png (46KB, 737x879px) Image search: [Google]
6Q5FEfh.png
46KB, 737x879px
Sorry to ask this but could I get a critique on the design of this slug creature model I've been working on. I was sorta trying to figure out how my slug girl and possible slug guy character would even move so I drew a sort of muscular one to get an idea of their muscle structure since they don't have bones, just a skull and chest inner shell.I sorta imagined a log of te muscles in the hips and legs would attach from the chech since there's not much else to anchor to, plus since there's no spne a lot of the middle and upper side and back muscles sorta weirdly wrap around and stuff. I was sorta going for almost freakish and slightly alien look. Does /indie/ see how I could improve it or if there are any stupid design choices I should change?
>>
>>148934721
do half of those tendrils even do anything
>>
File: 1468479909103.jpg (53KB, 540x496px) Image search: [Google]
1468479909103.jpg
53KB, 540x496px
>OFF edition
>No OFF posts
>>
>>148935532
cucked
>>
File: 1468248615812.jpg (107KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1468248615812.jpg
107KB, 600x719px
>>
black
>>
>>148935532
Fuk u
>>
You've inspired me to make this, /indie/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsVMNFs4vDU

I hope when it's done you won't be disappointed with it.
>>
>>148945456
what is this

faggot shit?
>>
>>148945541

DeadBolt inspired SFM in the works. I plan to use motion capture for the final product, so I hope the teaser doesn't reflect it.
>>
File: nuclear throne was a mistake.png (45KB, 1748x1240px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear throne was a mistake.png
45KB, 1748x1240px
context is for the weak
>>
>>148935025
All the tentacles are able to move and do things. They're not very strong though and I was thinking of redesigning them to look better, like maybe making them flatter and less "just there" looking or something.
>>
>>148915684

You might need to try out a few builds before finding one you like. I'm doing a psy guy which I'm liking, but maybe next time I'll do a crossbow guy or a punching guy.
>>
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/18/fallout-resurrection-mod/

Neat?
>>
bumpbumpbumpbump
>>
>>148956452
bump
>>
File: 1461805363765.gif (460KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461805363765.gif
460KB, 352x240px
>>148945541
>>
>>148960649
Someone edit this with terry
>>
>tfw you want to make the build you want to make but it might not be very effective in Underrail so you default to a prescribed build
>>
File: 1466887598374.jpg (64KB, 413x634px) Image search: [Google]
1466887598374.jpg
64KB, 413x634px
>>148734015

>similar to how high CHA in New Vegas is broken

You fucking what?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAf_CaF86Lk
>>
is /indie/ still asleep?
>>
File: 1468935954654.png (52KB, 638x495px) Image search: [Google]
1468935954654.png
52KB, 638x495px
Coretech, Praetorian Security or JKK?
>>
ded thred
>>
>>148968991
Always go Roman
>>
>>148968991

I think the Praetorian guys have access to a place in the sewer where you can learn a new psy ability.

According to the wiki, it's impossible to get here if you don't side with the Praetorians. One of the other companies also has a place that is exclusive for them.

Haven't done either yet though, I'm going to Camp Hathor instead. I got no crafting abilities, so I have to depend on whatshisface for new supplies of TNT.
>>
>>148973228
You can get that psi ability another way though
Side with the black eels or something
Alternatively go ask the junkyard bartender about rumors until he talks about a spoopy island, then go talk to the boatman
>>
yo i just got a Gungeon steam code
WH4TA-SH1TT-YG4M3
>>
>>148974404
4/10 almost made me try
>>
Sniper/Assault build of Underrail, move out
>>
Anyone got any game art they want to post?
>>
File: scratchy.png (36KB, 617x325px) Image search: [Google]
scratchy.png
36KB, 617x325px
>>148983962
>>
File: 8383_14961.jpg (38KB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
8383_14961.jpg
38KB, 324x244px
Ah! I found the indie sex game I was talking about: Polymorphous Perversity

Authored by some brazilian psychologists literally named Chad, who also made an x-men prostitution game, a game where the protag is a serial killer and a game about the story of a girl that gets her parents killed. All of them good games.
>>
>>148985258
Is that going to be a boss for Dashbored's meat factory or mining area?
>>
>>148985258
Oh what the. What is that? It looks cool but I have no idea what it is.
>>
>>148985564
>>148985731
It's a WIP I just started for the hardmode final bossIt's Nash Don't worry, it's going to be far bigger and tetsuo-y when it's finished.
>>
>>148985826
Just curious but is this actually your first game or have you made some unfinished or tiny projects before this too?
>>
File: wimple.png (27KB, 534x412px) Image search: [Google]
wimple.png
27KB, 534x412px
>>148986504
I do have a tiny tiny game called wimple which I'll probably never finish. I might though
>>
>>148986873
Could you post it? Looks pretty cool, granted I'm a sucker for two color art styles.
>>
>>148987073
I'll see if I can.
I'm currently with family, and the internet here is pretty ass so I might have to find an internet cafe or something first.
>>
File: 200px-Th14Sekibanki.png (51KB, 200x392px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Th14Sekibanki.png
51KB, 200x392px
>>148987250
Oh ok. Thanks. I won't lie though, that red head girl reminds me of this touhou character mixed with lisa's upset expression.
>>
Anyone know where I can contact the dev of this game (Zizuo)

https://pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends

Also this game is pretty cool

https://tak.itch.io/meow
>>
I look at karbonic's stickers two or three times and the site literally is always in my side youtube advertisement box with one of his stickers along with some other stuff. Why does this always happens with me?
>>
>>148991005
Time to buy stickers to slap on your dick, anon
>>
>>148991291
But they wouldn't fix.
>>
>>148991005
Because you're a brain-dead moron that doesn't use an adblocker
>>
>>148992518
K
>>
>>148985450
Whats that x-men game called
Please have rogue
>>
>>148945456
I need to play Deadbolt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unvHuLsbXIU
>>
>>148934721
Do slugs actually look like this? Ive never turned one over myself, just salted the tops
>>
>>148915178
How fun is it? How much content is there. Does combat have any depth? Are the world interactions like roguelikes?
>>
>>148986873
It looks evocative
>>
>>148931058
Horse dicks are so ugly, I dont see the appeal other then the length.
Also futa buddy is great because I dont think anyone besides Brad ever would get the chance to check. Buddy doesnt know enough about other girls to tell the difference, and she probably thought it was normal that her and Brad are the same like that.
This also explains who fathered her child at the end of Joyful, Buddy impregnated herself with her futacock
>>
File: 1467758948622.png (263KB, 537x784px) Image search: [Google]
1467758948622.png
263KB, 537x784px
>>148995767
>Horse dicks are so ugly
>>
>>148907173
>>148902456
If you pirated it it could be an incompatiblity since the game just updated and indie games rarely get the latest update on trackers unless you request it yourself
>>
>>148995767
>Horse dicks are so ugly, I dont see the appeal other then the length.

This. I only follow anthro artists that draw their penises anthropomorphically.
>>
File: 7T34wya.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
7T34wya.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>148995162
Like these slug people I'm working on are also based off of nudibranches, more so the Blue dragon than anything. They're not techiqually sea slugs or even that closely related but they're still pretty similar looking, plus people often call nudibranches sea slugs anyways. The idea of an inner shell comes from the face that some mollusks like cuttlefish and some sea slugs have an inner shell. I mean I am taking major artistic liberties though. I don't even know how a snail's or slug's, land or sea, muscle system even works. With the limbs I even just went with the idea of an elephant's trunk as a base instead since it fits better, I think. I was also thinking of adding something dumb like a radula or something in the throat or something just for fun too. Honestly though I'm not even sure what I'm doing to this design at this point to an extent.
>>
>>148995767
>>148995897
>>148996479
You're all faggots.
>>
end of /indie/gelion
>>
>>148997191
Oh wow 600th post, woo. Can't believe indie survived that long.
>>
>>149000801
Hey man, we've gotten over 60 posters.
That's usually around the max
>>
>>148796903
He was morally against that? well fuck that now i regret buying this game.
>>
>>149001748
>>148796903
why are most indie games nowadays made by post-2007 hyperliberal SOCJUS fags?

where's all the indie games made by moderates, centrists, traditional conversatives, anybody else, really
>>
>>149003124

>where's all the indie games made by moderates, centrists, traditional conversatives, anybody else, really

They're too lazy to make games, it's easier to bitch and whine.
>>
>>149003775
wow dude don't get upset I was just asking a legitimate question
>>
>>149000393
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>149003775
>hyperliberals
>not lazy
good joke shlomo
>>
>>149003775
more like they're too busy working actual jobs while the weak white millennial liberal faggots just live off of NEET dollars and crytype on their tumblrs about the mean patriarchy man
>>
612 bump
>>
>>148697181
So is literally the only fucking point of this update to add gender neutral pronouns?
Because that's what I'm getting from the video.
>>
>Decide to finally play Cave Story
>Download the Genesis Pre-patched
>Start it up
>That Courier font
>That resolution

Dear lord, I know it's unfair to judge the game by those, and I bet it's great, but nothing has ever turned me off from a game faster, dear lord.
>>
>>148697181
>>148697181
How good is that front end?
>>
>>149008675
It also added resolution options.
Although I don't think anyone was really vying for that.
>>
>Kentucky Route Zero ep4

yaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
I didn't expect the beginning of Underrail to be murdering rathounds
>>
>>149012542

Killing rats or something non-threatening small animal is RPG 101. Even Lisa had Cheese Legs.
>>
>>149012542
talk to the shady trader in the commons if you're ready for something heavier
>>
File: wipupdate.png (59KB, 656x387px) Image search: [Google]
wipupdate.png
59KB, 656x387px
Update to the wip from earlier
>>
>>149014007
gay
>>
>>149014070
:)
>>
>>149014007
looks gnarly
>>
>>149014491
can't spell gnarly without gay
>>
>>149014491
>>149014735
nice samefag
>>
>>149015689
do you have a single fact to back that up
>>
>>149015782
>Replies with gay
>oh wait I would look more clever if gay was a witty comeback
>Make a thing saying 'gnarly' a word that no one ever says
>reply to your own post saying 'can't spell gnarly without gay'
>About 30 seconds between replies due to the post time
>???
>Premium shitposter! Champion of indie! Everyone loves you!
>>
>>149016073
there's no facts there though
that's all literally just speculation

show me some concrete evidence
>>
>>149016073
Fuck off, Karbonic, you millennial liberal faggot kike
>>
>>149016073
Not to mention the same posting style between >>149014491
>>149014735
>>149015782
>>149016209
>No periods at the end of the sentence
>no capital letters at the start
Also you're the only one replying.
So yeah, nice samefag.
>>
>>149016369
there's no such thing as posting style you faggot

show us the IPs
show us the IPs you nigger
>>
I caved and started working on something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyVfOx-NqdQ
>>
I want Der Karbonisches Steamgruppen-Reich shills to LEAVE
>>
File: 1454855670561.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454855670561.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>149016454
>there's no such thing as posting style you faggot
K.
>>
>>149016582
typical Karbonic reply. your game is shit and only played by degenerate liberal fagmillennials
>>
>>149016329
That's not me though
>>149016581
I'm not even a part of that steam group anymore
>>
File: 1445461789720.png (194KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1445461789720.png
194KB, 361x361px
>>149016723
>anyone who calls me out on my shit is the ebin boogeyman that I hate
Typical defensive samefag reply.
>>
>>149016749
you only left for PR reasons, everyone knows you still hold all the power in an iron death grip you king of faggots, lord of mutants, earl of degenerates
>>
>>149016915
>karb brainwashed millennial faggot SOCJUS shill defensive shitposting this hard
kill yourself weak white degenerate alaskan faggot spending all your time writing gay furry goat fanfiction for mutantgendered kikes from australia
>>
>>149017082
Oh you're baiting.
Nevermind, I'll admit, you got me good.
>>
>>149016958
Dude, I left because I hoped it would put a stop to people shitting on anyone in the group.

I haven't visited that group page in like two weeks now, and I don't intend to, it puts a burden on the anons of /indie/.

Also 'Earl of Degenerates' is a title I will wear loud and proud.
>>
>>149017142
>everyone who disagrees with me is bait
fuck off with this millennial-invented meme
>>
>>149017149
>Dude, I left because I hoped it would put a stop to people shitting on anyone in the group.
so literally PR reasons, like i said

nice job blowing your own cover just like you blow faggot cocks in california every night you memesexual cuck
>>
do you guys know any good artists on tumblr that makes fan art of indie games?
>>
>>149017330
If by PR you mean the PR of anon to anons, then yes, I did.

Man, I could go for a trip to California. Instead I'm stuck here in the hills of Virginia with nothing to do.
>>
>>149017504
typical fag wanting to go back to THE HOME of fags and mutants worldwide
>>
>>149017593
My man, you keep talking about mutants, what does that mean?
>>
File: watch me crank dat charon.png (917KB, 1700x1092px) Image search: [Google]
watch me crank dat charon.png
917KB, 1700x1092px
Let's talk about some actual indie games made for actual human beings.

I'm getting close to 14th level here, but the levels just keep getting longer and more tedious. I'm going to have to think really carefully about how I want to allocate my points this next level because I know it's going to be a long time before I get 15th.

Still getting dat money tho.
>>
>>149018098
but my dude isn't underrail full of mutants
>>
File: 250520_20160719225727_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
250520_20160719225727_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>shooting enemies through fence

It's simple but it makes me feel clever.
>>
>subnautica thread dies
>check to see if anyone is talking about it here as was suggested
>100% concentrated shitposting
Nice thread you have.
>>
>>149017416
Midson Vonjunglerâ„¢ is probably the best one,
he makes the most high quallity drawings of LISA.
>>
>>149018423
>100% concentrated shitposting
It's just one dude who's booty blasted about some other dude's game
>>
>>149018423
Post some /sub/nautica then.
Get us out of this Rut!
>>
>>149018547
do you literally have even a single actual concrete fact to back that up

show us the IPs
>>
>>149018547
>le one guy meme
Fuck off back to /ink/ with this meme.
>>
>>149018547
Nah, dude, it's two dudes, and hey, they're prolly pretty cool guys.
>>
>>149018940
>implying it's just two people
there's 79 IPs in this thread
any post in this thread could be from any one of them
learn how anonymity works, cucklord
>>
File: 894_max.jpg (215KB, 1600x1163px) Image search: [Google]
894_max.jpg
215KB, 1600x1163px
>>149018423
honestly most of the shitposting is just one dude.
also, is the world on subnautica randomly made or is it always the same?
>>
TWO WEEKS
>>
>>149019024
>>149018940
>>149018547
Samefag.
>>
OH NO SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT DER FUHRER KARBONIK

TWO WEEKS STASI
VERSTANDLICH?
>>
File: nope.png (5KB, 348x107px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
5KB, 348x107px
>>149019017
Hey, man, I mean, like, you can say that it's more than two guys, but that's also impossible to prove. Really there's no need to argue about that.
>>149019024
Subnautica has a basic map layout and then the terrain is generated. This means that biomes are in the same place each time but will look different.
>>149019130
Nah dude, sorry.
>>149019220
Now that I think about it, there is this guy, who posts fake german each time.
>>
>>149019130
>>149019017
Don't reply to them. Just report anyone who tries to push that "le one guy" shit. It's shitposting is all it is, and it needs to be treated like shitposting. Report and ignore.
>>
>>149019024
Map is static and handcrafted.
>>
Aaanyways, this is what I was talking about when I said that I would stop posting often. When there's some big announcement or something, I may say something, but prolonged exposure to radiation tends to lead to cancer.
>>
File: wow dude so impressive.png (9KB, 330x106px) Image search: [Google]
wow dude so impressive.png
9KB, 330x106px
>>149019302
wow dude I can [Inspect Element] too
>>
>>149019591
okay so take your radioactive cancerous ass out of here and don't come back
>>
>>149019591
You'll just be back tomorrow to shill your shitty gay game again
>>
>>148956452
I was hoping for something like Fallout 2 without the memes.
>>
>>149019698
Dude, maybe you should trust people more often. Not everyones lying about what they say, and they're not out to get you.
>>149019803
cya ;)
>>149019843
Nah, I don't need to. Anyone who is interested in the general of the game would have it already. I post here because it seems like a chill place to post updates.

Anyways, adios amigos!
>>
how do we take /indie/ back from the fags
>>
>>149020036
What makes you think everything is full of fags?
What has led you to believe that?
>>
>>149003124
You never heard of them because their devs arent friends with the SOCJUS types that dominate the gaming media. The few confirmed non leftist developers have long been confirmed blacklisted by RedChanIt. The rest simply keep to themselves instead of forcing politics into everything, like Starwraith, who has to actually work for a living unlike most of the San Fran types.
>>
>>149020207
I never said everything was, just /indie/

and I want to take /indie/ back now
>>
>>149020270
how long have you been here?
how do you know you aren't taking it away from the fags?
>>
File: 1456531026061.jpg (31KB, 389x505px) Image search: [Google]
1456531026061.jpg
31KB, 389x505px
>>149018370
>sneak past rathounds to that open fence
>close the fence door
>unstealth
>half a dozen rathounds come running to the fence, unable to get past
>shoot explosive barrel behind the fence
>mfw
>>
>>149020706
i used an explosive barrel to kill that one Outpost guy with the Aimed Shot and crossbow. Shit was so cash
>>
>>149019934
Seriously go away. I dont hate you but you keep replying to obvious bait and derail the thread even more.
>>
Tomorrow's a full moon (NH)

What's everyone's favourite werewolf in indie games?
>>
>>149020883
>everyone who disagrees with me is bait
Fuck off with this meme already god damn

When will this meme finally die
>>
Fuck sharks, I just want to build my sealab.
>>
>>149021008
The Lycan King in Adventure Quest.
The vampire queen was so hot but being a werewolf was so much cooler
>>
File: Safiria.png (108KB, 442x742px) Image search: [Google]
Safiria.png
108KB, 442x742px
>>149021213
g'damn!
>>
>>149021027
am i a fag if i play on creative just to build stuff and explore?
subnautica is pretty comfy when you don't have to worry about health and stuff
>>
File: tumblr_o745kjc5SL1v8i45bo1_500.jpg (130KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o745kjc5SL1v8i45bo1_500.jpg
130KB, 500x374px
please r8 >>149016470 so far
>>
>>149021832
>am i a fag if i play on creative just to build stuff and explore?

What? No
>>
File: 416210_20160718115621_1.png (885KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
416210_20160718115621_1.png
885KB, 1920x1080px
I want to make comfy lots.

Will I become a master of comfy?
>>
File: 1462351006521.jpg (143KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
1462351006521.jpg
143KB, 640x416px
>>149021832
Honestly no. The ocean is beautiful and sometimes I play outside of survival just to look at it in peace.
Endless Ocean is also one of my favorite Wii Games
>>
>>149016470
When was Flipnote on 3DS?
Good animation, elsen and Judge look cute but I dont like your Batter or understand why he looks evil.
>>
>>149022664
Thank you, and It's more visually appealing, and I also like to think that he enjoys killing a little
>>
>>149022778
>killing
The world was already dying, he simply purifies them
>>
>>149023097
Yes, but it doesn't mean that he couldn't enjoy it. I dunno, it's fun to give him emotions. I mostly put it because it looked really bland with just stoneface
>>
File: 1466258019852.png (5KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
1466258019852.png
5KB, 350x304px
>>149023365
Carry on then, as long as you understand Batter did l i t e r a l l y nothing wrong.
>>
>>149024043
Did the batter do anything at all?

These are some deep thoughts inspired by listening to Beatles and some Doors
>>
File: squid.webm (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
squid.webm
1MB, 500x500px
>>149021931
>>149022358
oh good
the ocean is pretty interesting
there are some weird shit in there and i fucking love it
>>
>>149024107
The question is whether the player did anything. For all intensive purposes a purified zone is the same as an area on the map where all the quests have been completed. To the game itself it's meaningless and empty offering nothing but random encounters, same as the zone
>>
>>149014007
So what's that thing on the right don't mind me asking? Also she's going full gaigas from the looks of it.
>>
>>149024662
He's gone.
I think it's a head, though.
>>
>>149014007
nice tits
>>
>>149024301
I want to make that into a character now.
>>
>>149024840
Honestly I don't get why he doesn't ignore them. Memes die when no one perpetuates them after all
>>
>>149027235
sploon did it first
>>
>>149027349
Fuck off with this ignorance culture you're trying to push. Fuck off with this hugboxing you're trying to push. Hugboxing is for tumblrites and spineless children.
>>
>>149027508
>I'm gonna be reactionary for no reason
Why do you do this? Do you get kicks out of it?
Did you come to 4chan because you wanted a place to be a dick for no reason?
>>
>>149027854
It's not "for no reason", you fuckin presumptuous asshole. If I see some bad shit, I'm going to call it out. Don't want me to call you out? Make better posts, then.
>>
>>149027349
Milhousen ever had that problem
>>
>>149028290
Okay, how about you point our what's wrong rather than saying "Millenial Faggots hugbox REEEEEE"
>>
>>149027508
k
>>
>>149028409
I am literally pointing out what is wrong right now, dude. I am saying that you are trying to promote a tumblr-like culture here by pushing a narrative of "just cover your ears and go lalalalalala whenever you hear something you don't like". I am saying that is the wrong narrative to push here.
>>
>>149028290
k
>>
>>149028550
Millennial-tier response.

You speak in abbreviations because real-life conversation moves "too slow".
>>
>>149028689
k
>>
>>149028659
>>149028851
Millennial-tier response.

You're the media's creation. Your free will has been taken and you don't know
>>
>>149028590

>the right narrative is to always give (you)s to bait and shitposts
>>
>>149028590
After re-reading your post, I sort of get what you're saying. The problem is that people never gave good insight to Karbonic when ever he replied to them. If they think his game is shitty, they can say that, but I'd at least expect a better reason than "meme-gender shit" it sounds of someone who hasn't actually looked into the game and is just screaming for no reason. If you are so for Karbonic receiving input from those who dislike his game, why don't you actually give some criticism of it?
>>
>>149028851
>>149028659
>>149028550
Great job breaking global rules 3 and 6, man. I'm sure the mods will really appreciate that.
>>
File: letter-k26.png (4KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
letter-k26.png
4KB, 360x360px
>>149028985
>>149028876
>>
File: the air is rusty and i am dying.png (2MB, 1700x1092px) Image search: [Google]
the air is rusty and i am dying.png
2MB, 1700x1092px
>>149028887
Not everything you disagree with is "bait" and "shitposts", dude. I really wish people would stop trying to force that meme. It reeks of a tumblr-type mentality.

People have different opinions than you. People are going to voice those opinions. You might actually have to hear some things you don't like. It's part of life. Learn to deal with it, man.

Anyway, back to actual games discussion. I'm back in Foundry and I'm going to see about clearing out the mines, maybe collect some oddities while I'm at it.
Foundry says they don't make titanium chrome anymore, but every now and then I'll still see t-chrome serrated blades and such pop up in the shops at Core City and SGS.
Game oversight, maybe, or just stuff that's still in circulation after all this time?
>>
>>149017416
Seashelbby
>>
File: 1465958594652.gif (592KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1465958594652.gif
592KB, 480x270px
>>149028887
>using the you meme (invented by /s4s/)
>>
>>149028962
Are you going to respond to this? Seriously, I want to know your thoughts, or are you just completely talking up the idea of responding to people without actually having anything to say yourself?
>>
>>149030019
My man, I'm not even talking about Karbonic, or his game, or any specific thing, I'm talking about an overarching narrative and culture that seems to be forcing its way into /indie/ and permeating ALL of the discussion, about any of the games, or anything at all.

I'm talking about what, to me, seems like the larval stages of a "hivemind" or a "groupthink" forming in /indie/, wherein all opinions and discussion tracks that deviate from the accepted norm are shot down and silenced.
I don't want /indie/ to be that kind of place.
I want /indie/ to be a place where a person can just say "I don't really like Dashbored" and not have to be fuckin shit on by a hundred people for it, or a person can just say "I don't really like Underrail" and not have to be fuckin shit on by a hundred people for it, or a person can just say "I don't really like LISA" and not have to be fuckin shit on by a hundred people for it, or a person can just say "I don't really like OFF" and not have to be fuckin shit on by a hundred people for it.

That kind of "groupthink" kills the creative exchange of concepts and ideas. It kills the flow of new information and content. It kills true, stimulating discussion and debate.
It even kills just voicing a simple opinion, if that opinion isn't part of the groupthink.
I just don't want /indie/ to be an echo chamber, is all.

I feel like that's not too much to ask, either.

I just believe that /indie/ can be better than those hugboxing, extremist parts of Reddit and Tumblr that have pretty much come to entirely represent those sites. I just believe that /indie/ can even be better than some of the more hugboxing parts of this very site, boards like /pol/ and /int/, and even generals on this very board, like /utg/ and /gsg/ and /ink/.

Am I wrong for believing that?
>>
>>149030721
You're allowed to say those things. It's just that a lot of people are spamming the stupid "fagbored" meme and it's making it hard to tell if anyone's even being legit with their criticism or just shitposting a cancerous meme. Like people have stated they don't like Lisa hear before and that's led to some interesting discussions if I recall correctly.
>>
>>149030721
>Am I wrong for believing that?
No, you aren't, but if you look back through the replies to Karbonic (or really anything related to his game, which is what this conversation started about) you'll notice that it is usually just someone saying "I like dashbored" followed by three or four replies that are just petty name calling, usually a paragraph of "Memegendered millennial faggots queer mutants". It doesn't add to the discussion as a post. Instead of making a post about how they don't like DashBored and why they don't, they just shit all over those who do, which seems to be exactly what you are against. Anytime anyone says anything good about Dashbored, they must be called a fag. Why? Why not actually post criticism rather than a three word insult post? I'm all for people voicing every opinion they have here, but when the opinion just involves shitting on others with no justification or backing up I don't think it adds to the discussion which /indie/ survives on.

Take this whole "K" thing that's going on right now above. It's literally one guy calling another guy a millennial and then another guy saying 'k', then the first guy calling him a millennial again.

There is no discussion of games, good or bad, than comes from this. It is essentially a text based pissing match.

Looking back at Dashbored (it's the example i'm going to use, even if you were being more general) you'll see that Karbonic did respond to everyone, asking for their opinions, only to be met with four word insult replies.

Am I wrong for wanting people to talk about the games they don't like rather than insulting all of the people who like it?
>>
>>149031412
It's only a meme if you believe it's a meme. That's the thing about memetics. Memes only have as much power, and influence, and agency as the OTHER PEOPLE in the culture allow them to have. So, some people think Dashbored seems like a game that's targeted towards gay people, or that it's promoting some kind of pro-gay agenda, or whatever, that's just their opinion. That's just their thoughts on the matter. It doesn't have to be a meme. Whether or not those sorts of opinions, or any opinions, for that matter, gain any sort of memetic status is entirely dependent upon how you and other people choose to react to those opinions.

>>149031654
I don't think you're actually disagreeing with me as much as it seems like you think you're disagreeing with me.
>>
File: Wally shocked.gif (6KB, 100x108px) Image search: [Google]
Wally shocked.gif
6KB, 100x108px
Some of this Underrail music sounds like Limp Bizkit's Nookie
>>
>>149031849
>I don't think you're actually disagreeing with me as much as it seems like you think you're disagreeing with me.
I am agreeing with you, what I'm saying is that the people you are defending (the people karbonic was replying to earlier) are doing the exact same thing as the people you are criticizing. What we are seeing here is pretty interesting, it's two hugboxes (one against Dashbored, and one for it) fighting it out for supremacy. Both sides are inherently wrong, and should probably stop this shit and just say whatever they think is bad or good about a game.
>>
Played Don't look back yesterday, absolutely fantastic little game
>>
>>149032378
Got a link to it? It on steam?
>>
>>149032378
It's a flash game with a windows download, easy enough to Google
Don't play the android version
>>
File: in_a_town_by_lolrust-d6lmreo.jpg (260KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
in_a_town_by_lolrust-d6lmreo.jpg
260KB, 752x1062px
Are we allowed to discuss indie games based on indie games here?

I just finished .flow and loved it. It is actually pretty good for all it's edginess and being The Killing Joke of Yume Nikki fangames. Though I'm not sure if it deserves ALL the praise it gets

Supposedly lol's other works are going to be translated too. I'll be looking forward to playing them.
>>
File: mean bastards, you need to hang.png (2MB, 1700x1092px) Image search: [Google]
mean bastards, you need to hang.png
2MB, 1700x1092px
This Evelyn girl seems like she could've been a decent lass. Honestly, under different circumstances I might have even argued she was justified in killing all those people.
But I read her dox. She talked shit about Tchort.
Nobody talks shit about Tchort and gets away with it.
I'm gonna find this bitch and make her pay.
>>
>>149032378
I might check it out. I like many Terry Cavanagh joints.
>>
>>149032921
Wait, lol made other games?
>>
>>149032921
The killing joke?
>>
>>149033339
I think he's referring to this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke
>>
>>149033249
That's what his website indicates.
http://rustlimbo.webcrow.jp/index.html

I haven't played any myself. I don't speak Japanese. I might do a blind run though. Could be fun.
>>
>>149033610
Hmm. They don't look all that creative desu, especially since the description roughly translates to "an average japanese rpg horror game, did it for practice"
>>
bump before bed
>>
If the general dies in the night, be sure to add cookie clicker and dorito galaxy to the OP
>>
>>149035687
Its nearing bump limit anyway
>>
>>149036086
Maybe we should wait until morning to make a new thread then.
>>
>>149036391
I probably shouldn't make it anyway I've only been in this general a couple of times now
>>
>>148631724
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees this. FUCK Undertale.
>>
File: Chris 1.png (33KB, 757x692px) Image search: [Google]
Chris 1.png
33KB, 757x692px
Any good indie games on sale?
>>
>>149042805
http://store.steampowered.com/app/388880/
>>
I WANT TO FUCK BUDDY IN THE BUTT AND CREAMPIE HER PUSSY
>>
brad did nothing wrong. he was literally the jesus of lisa the painful.
>>
Underrail looks really fucking boring.
>>
>>149048216
gets better after you get out of SGS
Thread posts: 746
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.