[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 760
Thread images: 117

File: ROBIGO.jpg (455KB, 947x836px) Image search: [Google]
ROBIGO.jpg
455KB, 947x836px
Last Edition

Screw dads and screw the copypaste at the start of each thread.
>>
Where can I grind Fed rank? I will keep asking!
>>
>>148533852
Kill yourself.
>>
File: f8flfw46nafrk0duhlnf.jpg (29KB, 768x685px) Image search: [Google]
f8flfw46nafrk0duhlnf.jpg
29KB, 768x685px
>>148534247
Done so, I had a 35 mil rebuy.
>>
>>148533802
Newb here: whi is elite always online.
>>
File: edg.png (679KB, 1121x1758px) Image search: [Google]
edg.png
679KB, 1121x1758px
But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.
>>
>>148534738
Because you suck, piss off.
>>
Dead Space on GOG now
RIP origin
>>
Okay, 4chan, how can we beat the feds at their own game?
>>
>Pirate: Prepare yourself!
>Pirate: You don't want to die, I don't want to be poor. Empty your cargo.
>tfw I don't even have cargo space mounted on my current ship not running any mission either
That's not like interdiction are anything but piss easy to survive but man pirates npc are retarded...
>>
File: your.png (88KB, 422x166px) Image search: [Google]
your.png
88KB, 422x166px
>>148531894
>>
>>148534738

So you can't pirate it.
>>
what's this i keep hearing about the thargoid tipoff? is it actually happening?
>>
>>148537413
What is happening is another newsletter full of reposts from leddit and a shitty community paintjob.
>>
>>148534738

Dads don't really play video games so they aren't really aware about how developers shove in "online" so that they can have always online DRM that players will eat up.

I guarantee you that this game was not made into an online multiplayer game because Frontier legitimately wanted to make a good space mmo.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
If anyone's getting sick of Sothis run there's a good way of grinding cr currently. Grab the biggest ship you have. Put 2 5A collectors, cargo racks, shields, 2 heat sinks and a fuel scoop (optional). Fill your hold 1/3 with limpets and head to Maiki 3A. There's a persistent USS there regarding the CG. When you drop in, there will be some precious gems. Deploy limpets, wait, relog, repeat. You can sell these at any black market for an average of 109k each. Take advantage of this while you can, as it will be removed by next friday.

DO NOT GO INTO OPEN.
>>
>>148537413
Nothing is happening, ftroop is trying to distract the insane amount of legitimately butthurt players who got screwed during the last CGs when ftroop decided it was okay to cheat when the federation is losing.
>>
>>148536312

It's only going to get worse when Thargoids come. How would you like to not only get dicked by retarded NPCs when you have no cargo, but also get pulled out of your witchspace loading screen by inbred prawns with overpowered ships?

I can't wait for them to release Thargoids and for all the butthurt to flow. The most senile dads are always explorers who say the game is fine while they jump honk repeat through space forever. It's going to be great when they get fucked by Thargoids in their shieldless, weaponless >ASP
>>
>>148538795
>ftroop adds hyperspace for multiple ships
>ftroop adds multi-crew and fighter bays
>solofags that cry that they want to play alone will get rekt by ayys
>people that called for more player - player interaction win in this war since they are always flying in groups and at least 1 ship is always armed win this war of "muh playstyle is the ONLY right way to play this game"
>>
>>148538795
>>148539076
This a million times. Thargoids will be the final nail on the dads' coffin. Then maybe the game will become something decent will all the carebears and crybabies gone.
>>
>ITT: People genuinely believing that thargoids won't get nerfed 10 days after release due to dads whining
>>
>These tip off messages

Frontier can't do anything right, can they? If they wanted to make them realistic, they should have just cut each one off at a certain part instead of going

>...they can't ... be real .... help us ...pulled from ...
>>
File: 1457706685550.png (264KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1457706685550.png
264KB, 540x429px
>>148535484
You cant. The game is flawed at its core. with Open/Solo/Private mechanic

The only way to fix it to remove p2p system, and divide server data. so dads wont be able to server hop.

After that, major overhaul and rebalance of all aspects of the game would be required.

Bu we all know that it wont happen.

Want some meaningfull player interaction, go play EVE if you do not mind 2 job and point and click shipa fights with macros.

Or wait in unreal illusion that Robert will deliver in SC (as me)

Now fuck off.
>>
>>148535484
I'm planning on rigging a UA bombing ship once I unlock palin.. If the feds DO put stations in/around merope, they better hope they have meta alloys to reverse the damage.
>>
>>148543129
>implying ftroop won't manually reverse the damages when mobius asks them
>>
>>148542358
>P2p

It's not entirely the P2p system. It is entirely that they allow anyone to participate in events wherever they want to, solo, open, or private. Having a shit chance of actually directly intervening with those players via the P2p system sucks, but them literally hiding away from any other player interaction is infinitely worse than having to deal with bad networking.
>>
>>148535484
>empire
fuck off to reddit
>>
File: mornrage.jpg (19KB, 339x280px) Image search: [Google]
mornrage.jpg
19KB, 339x280px
>>148535484
>tfw feds are now the dad faction

What happened to the old faggots liking "muh progressive empire" and "muh bootyful gutamaya"? I thought old british cunts didn't like Space Trump anyways
>>
>>148534758
Well spoken CMDR, have some rep.

Fly safe CMDR o7 o7 o7 o7
>>
>>148538795
Incidentally, Drew Wagar said he is flying off and as far away from the bubble as possible. He probably knows something.

I'd wager the explorers are safe.
>>
>>148544520
Blue-haired SJW princess didn't win the race to despothood habloo hoo hoo
>>
>>148544520
>Progressive

???
>>
>>148547539
they fell for the anime princess meme

conservative auntie got elected and empire is back to the big bad they always were
>>
>>148547684
Oh, right. I forgot about her anti drugs (which isn't progressive) and "slaves" stance. Just seemed odd, the empire aside from her doesn't seem progressive in any sense.
>>
>>148547802
It's possible they also had a weak grasp on the lore

It's not like the game makes these things obvious.
>>
>>148547985
Honestly I just assumed they were all fruitcakes from their awful ship design.
>>
>>148544520

Which game is that from? (Obviously I know it's Star Trek, but which game?)
>>
>>148549353
Star Trek Online, that's his character portrait when you talk to him.
>>
File: eag.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eag.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>if the player is using kb+m, gimbal mounts track with the mouse cursor ala Strike Suit Zero

Good idea or nah?
>>
>>148533802

Well fuck you too.
>>
>>148551405

Would be cool as a toggle. Would be even better if it came with a simple AI flight computer that would control your ship and keep the target on screen as best it could.
>>
>This game could have been the definitive modern space sim, instead we got a shallow bland grindfest plagued with dads and faggots
What went wrong?
>>
My biggest fear is fdev fucking up the thargoid release
>waiting for thargoids is the only reason I still play
>>
>>148553453
They won't. Crybaby dads and carebear will make sure they get nerfed quickly though.
>>
>>148553453

Why do you want Thargoids? They won't really add anything but another enemy to turnfight and more inconvenience as you're repeatedly pulled out of witchspace to fight them.
>>
>>148552936
P2P instancing, no guilds, no real effect on the game world, nothing to do except grind more credits

I guess you can get into making minor faction influence bars go up and down, if you're actually autistic enough to find that compelling
>>
>>148554230
oh, and the split between open, PG, and solo, which leaves them stuck with a bunch of people who all want completely different things from the game

they really should've gone all in on either online play or just single player
>>
>Russian farmers won the dangerous games
>Dad and autist tears everywhere
Another good day for a shit gaem!
>>
>>148554018
because thargoids will keep dads from trading in peace with an unarmed, unshielded dadbra mk3
>>
Why is there no option to change that disgusting orange HUD? Who thought that it would be OK to force a color that look like crap and make shit indistinguishable?
>>
File: jiubsmug.png (107KB, 790x768px) Image search: [Google]
jiubsmug.png
107KB, 790x768px
>>148559426
>>
>>148559426

This is what happens when OP makes a shit topic without any of the useful links in it.

>>148533802
>>
What is the best ship and why is it the Cobra Mk3?
>>
Fuck the OP edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
http://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
http://www.edshipyard.com/
https://coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

Previous >>148183817
>>
>>148560850
Thank you kind sir!
Love,

-Faggot newb
>>
Why do i have to sell my planetary suite off my new ship if i didnt buy horizon or back the kickstarter? For what purpose!
>>
>>148561407
Because nobody told you that you have to rebuy the whole game every year back when you backed. :^)
>>
>25 modular terminals
anyone have some? I'll buy them if you wish
>>
Was just going to rebuy the game every other year on discount because im retarded. I shouldnt have paid 60 bucks for this game.
>>
spess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4d1uVvrPkY
>>
just a friendly reminder that you're playing the game wrong unless you grind as slowly as possible
>>
>>148567063
Don't forget that anybody who is not flying a weaponless/shieldless sidewinder/cobra mk3 is a griefer.
>>
>>148567063
If its not a job then why do the mechanics make it a job?

Eve is a game that literally grinds for you. It's only a job if you make it one. This is a job because every mechanic forces it to be a job.
>>
>>148569642
Exactly. There's nothing to do in the game that doesn't revolve around grinding, in one form or another.

Star Citizen when?
>>
So is there anywhere with a list of good metallic worlds to grind out materials?
>>
>>148574668
did u chek ur but t
>>
>>148567063
The greatest evidence of delusion is how he calls powerplay and engineers a grind and yet his precious core game experience isnt despite being the exact same thing.
>>
https://twitter.com/GameRant/status/754092197608325120

This should be a proper warning for ftroop
>>
>>148581213

How is someone getting their money refunded from a scam a warning to them?
>>
>>148581213
Anyone who invested more in SC that the price of a preorder package needs their head examined. Sounds like reality just set in for him that $2500 is an absolutely retarded amount to spend on any piece of software.
>>
>>148581547
Well it could be considered that ftroop has gone so far off track from their kickstarter promises for the game that its no longer the same game that was originally pitched.
>>
>>148581908

Ftroop barely promised anything to begin with. They just said "Hey look we're remaking Elite!" and every Britbong over 40 tossed in to the Kickstarter and got the lifetime pass, along with probably buying multiple copies of the game. The only thing you can kind of say was a "promise" is the DDF but they just tossed that for people to keep people busy and keep interest for the game up. There's not much you could get them with for the game not turning out how you wanted.
>>
>>148582205
You might be able to prove certain features are not qualitatively sufficient, piracy for example.
>>
>>148583332

I doubt you'd get far with that because there are people that think piracy is perfectly fine. They're fucking idiots, I'll agree with you, but that wouldn't matter. They can also point to "muh 10 year plan" and say that it's a coming feature. If you bought the game on steam, there is a chance you are able to convince them that you were not aware you were buying an unfinished product and that the developers took you for a ride by saying features are in the game which have not even started development yet and that you'll have to purchase again through season passes. I feel like someone would have already tried that though, and that if they were successful, Steam would have forced the game to have an early-access tag, so I doubt you'll have any more luck. You're always free to try though, my dude.
>>
File: what.png (30KB, 101x112px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
30KB, 101x112px
>forums are actually having threads mocking players who complaing about griefers in open

I've seen like 3 today, what is happening
>>
>>148584297
coup in ftroop forums
>>
>>148584297
Links?
>>
>>148552936
crowdfunded by dads, made by dads, for dads

next time when you see a kickstarter remake for an 80s "classic" game you'll know to turn around 360 degrees and run as fast as you can
>>
>mining rush
>mining rush
>mining rush

FUCK OFF
>>
>>148584297

People realized that Dads are 10x worse than griefers because at least griefers play in open and dont get to tell FD how to make the game.
>>
>>148582205
>The only thing you can kind of say was a "promise" is the DDF but they just tossed that for people to keep people busy and keep interest for the game up.

Nah. They never really went into detail about what the DDF actually was. So it could have been anything. (It was nothing)

They did promise a single player offline mode which is where they fucked up. But IIRC they did refund it for those who asked.
>>
File: 1455584796442.jpg (279KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
1455584796442.jpg
279KB, 500x672px
>>148586051
But if i turn 360......you get the rest.
>>
>>148584297
The dad brigade is thinning, so there aren't enough white knights to defend all the gates anymore.
>>
>>148586051
>360 degrees
>>
>>148583825
They did promise offline. Youd think the dads would kick up about that still.

Honestly....they could probly sell even more copies of the game if they stripped out multiplayer and sold an offline version. Just straight up resell the game to dads...and they would buy it.
>>
>>148587281
>The current year
>Can no longer tell if this is bait or not
>>
>>148584297

I think the player base is beginning to realize how dead this game is without player interaction.
>>
>>148587556
People are starting to realize dads preach from their ivory towers of solo or private groups, and push their adgenda that is not representative of the people who just want a fun game in open, or a reason to play open at that.
>>
>>148587556
I have the feeling the segovan lockdown debacle may have been an eye opener for many

As in they didn't know what they wanted before they saw what "emergent gameplay" could be in practice and to what lengths the goof troop goes to wall people off from it..
>>
>>148587556

>community goals are the only thing in the game that encourages players to do something other than shoot at each other
>dads still hide in solo and have major influence over them
>Open players start locking down all the CGs
>people actually prefer the griefers over the dads

This whole thing is just fun to watch.
>>
File: robin_hood_tax.jpg (669KB, 1568x1626px) Image search: [Google]
robin_hood_tax.jpg
669KB, 1568x1626px
>>148588346
>mfw the dads in mobius literally fly ships armed with nothing but mine launchers to exploit the shitty NPC AI and somehow 13th legion is the ones abusing the system
The group invaders deserve a literal medal just for exposing this fucking hypocrisy.
>>
>>148588346
>Coup happens
>Elite is changed forever
>Dads cry tears
>Still holed up in solo
>Doing the same thing they've always done
>But for some reason it's different now
>>
>>148588816
BECAUSE IT WASNT CONSENSUAL YOU FILTHY GRIEFER MILLENNIAL
I DIDNT CONSENT TO BEING UA BOMBED
GO BACK TO EVE WHERE YOU BELONG

t. commander dad
>>
Is only 1 UA needed for a UA bomb?
>>
>>148588816
The thing I don't get about the whole situation is that while it took place in mobius which is a "PVE" """Group"""" the result in the BGS is the same regardless of where the origin is. So what difference did it make that it happened in mobius?
>>
>>148589739

No. You need roughly 120 of them I think. And you can have other players selling meta alloys there either.
>>
We should make threads on the forums saying that explorers in solo need to be punished for their effortless and zero risk gameplay style.

Suggest scanning takes an hour per planet and attracts pirates due to energy emissions of their scanners.
>>
>>148590456
Honking now attracts Thargoids
>>
>>148590087

Mobius is the biggest private group and PVP isnt allowed. They can work together on anything unhindered. Not to mention all the dads in solo.

Normally it isnt an issue, but on the Dangerous Game, an event where Solo/Private players have an insane advantage, it's causing some issues.
>>
>>148590582
I get that but what difference does UA bombing make in mobius as opposed to a bunch of independents doing it in solo or organizing in open?
It's not like mobius group could pull CG grinders into their server and kill them.

I guess what I'm asking is, you pull the power cord on a TV, what difference does it make whether the outlet was behind the TV or behind the stereo system? It seems like it's a distinguishing factor purely for punitive reasons that emergent gameplay didn't mesh with the dads sensibilities.
>>
>>148590925

Well when a station gets UA bombed, or a system gets locked down, it doesnt work for anyone, not solo, private, console, or PC.

That's why they made the systems go into lockdown, it was the only wat to hurt private groups that were undermining them in the CGs.
>>
>>148584297
the lost tons of dads by making the AI harder
>>
>>148591251
Yeah still I get that.
But what difference did it make where the UA bombing came from?
>>
>>148591347

It all had to do with the Dangerous Games. Imperial players shut down critical stations because they didnt like the private/solo players outdoing them unhindered.

The dads complained on the forums about it, and FD manually reversed the effects. This is especially where people got pissed off. FD is favoring private players over Open in a multiplayer game. People are realizing the hypocrisy of the forumdads that talk down to people while never encountering another player and being reclusive as fuck in an online game that's supposed to be an MMO.
>>
>>148591864
Oh wait so I had it backwards and mobius was crying about players in open UA bombing them?

Somehow this situation is even more retarded than I gave it credit for.
>>
>>148592059

Check out the previous /edg/ thread (archive). All of the info is linked in there.

And yes it actually is the opposite of what usually happens. People did something to fight back against Private in the CG and the forumdads got butthurt. And FD actually helped them which is really hypocritial when they constantly tell people that "there's nothing we can do about 'griefing'" and "muh emergent gameplay."
>>
So lads, who's your favorite power play leader from a purely lore/RP perspective?
It's a close tie between space Trump and space chinaman for me
Hardmode: No space waifu for waifu reason
>implying there's lore/RP
>>
File: habby_pogemon.png (922KB, 880x580px) Image search: [Google]
habby_pogemon.png
922KB, 880x580px
*Chuckles in the background*
>>
>>148593167

>FD could remove Solo and the VISION will remain
>>
Theres not many medium ships are there? I basically have a choice between fdl, python and dropship variants ?
>>
I'm switching over to fixed combat, NPCs with infinite chaff is absolute bullshit.

Given that, railguns or plasma accelerators? What are the pros and cons of each?
>>
>>148593373
>ASP

Medium is an odd ship size because it's limited more by height than length/width.

See the type7. It should be medium, but it's too tall so it has to go on large pads.
>>
what is this VISION meme?
>>
>>148593373
Asps and the type 6/keelback as well but yeah pretty much not a lot of choice for medium ships
>>
>>148593561

It's for Orca owners, who hope that someday their ships will be useful.
>>
>>148593914

>passenger missions are going to suck an there's nothing we can do to change it
>>
>>148593518
>>148593596
Yeah was looking more for combat. Im disappointed in the fdls cockpit and jump range....everything else is great. Pythons slow and i just got a fas so i cant comment yet. Cockpits better but i cant help but think the ass is fat
>>
>>148594440
>not flying the almighty courier
>>
>>148594440
FAS is great, probably my favorite ship after the aspie
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/274214-I-thought-this-was-supposed-to-be-a-unique-aspect-of-Elite
>>
>players cant trade materials
>>
>>148596298
MUH CHINESE GOLD SELLERS
>>
>>148597545
>implying gold sellers would touch this game with a ten foot pole

I'm pretty sure a game needs to have players in order to make it worth the gold sellers' while.
>>
>>148594516
Courier is great. Dat cockpit....decent dakka....good range...small. Quite a bit internals too.

Now youre making me wanna fly that again.
>>
>browsing 4chan while mining in my Python

I am one with the comfy.
>>
>>148598624
It needs to be an MMO too.
>>
>>148597545

>implying someone doesnt deserve IRL cash for prospecting rare materials in this RNG shitshow
>>
Why do people hate the feds so much?
>>
>>148598624

That won't stop dads from bring "gold selling" up because they've never played any other kind of MMO before other than maybe a trial of EVE, after which they cried because they got scammed in Jita and then gotten their shitfit battlecruiser fucked within seconds.

Try bringing up player groups or system/group chat and it'll have about the same effect. Muh gold selling, muh exploits, muh grieffing, muh scams.
>>
>>148598925

Empire is meta.
The forumdads seem to like the Federation now. I say "now" because I swear that they were all over the Empire like 2 months ago.
>>
>>148598925
It's a meme founded on the obvious implication that Ftroop is favoring them in the current story line and throwing all talk of emergent gameplay out the window to ensure they're favored to win.
>>
>>148598954
I'm torn between pressing these issues on the forum and just saying fuck it, accepting that this game will never be what it could have been, and going back to waiting for Star Citizen.
>>
>>148599340
It's mostly out of our hands, we can offer support to the people calling frontier out with clear reasoned arguments while the dads gobble braben's cock.

>>148595843
>>
The old days of space ira. Good times
>>
Using any ship fitted with any modules and upgrades, what is the absolute maximum jump range someone can reach?
>>
>>148600545

I think 49 LY is the max, without injection.
>>
File: entitlement.jpg (99KB, 1831x310px) Image search: [Google]
entitlement.jpg
99KB, 1831x310px
Reminder that you are all entitled millennials.
>>
>>148598925
I love Fed. And fed ships. I never go on the forum or follow dad drama, though.

Wish Imps would come out with something that didn't resemble a yacht or a private jet.

Also wish they'd give me muh Mamba already.

>>148599045
There's a story in this game?
>>
>>148600627
Bah, lame. I was hoping with all this new engineer stuff you could tune an explorer to jump crazy far distances.
>>
>>148600923
Why does shit like this make my blood boil so much?
>>
>>148600923
>>148601210

Because this is a faggot who doesn't understand how a transaction works.
>>
>>148601210
I think the guy was being ironic.
The sad part is ironic or not it's every bit as damaging because the dads won't detect the irony as this is literally what they believe.
>>
File: im beyond mad.jpg (118KB, 603x455px) Image search: [Google]
im beyond mad.jpg
118KB, 603x455px
>>148600923

>Ship: Python

YOU DONT DESERVE HER YOU SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>148600923
Man, what kind of person doesn't want to see a game they apparently "love" fleshed out and improved? Why would you not want the universe to have more depth, complexity, immersion, and fun?

If you aren't allowing it to grow, you're smothering the life out of it by trying to "protect" it from change.

It's just so god damned depressing to read shit like this.
>>
>>148600942
Wish empire had a medium ship.
>>
>>148598691
Elite should be a VR OS and not a game because it isn't one
>>
File: ED Vision Comic 2.png (3MB, 1806x2675px) Image search: [Google]
ED Vision Comic 2.png
3MB, 1806x2675px
>>148599972
>>
>>148600923
>>148601210
It's not real, it's me shitposting on the forums. I gave up fighting them and are trying to push them into the further depths to see just how deep their delusion can go.
>>
>>148603780
Prove it. Make a post using the words "paradigm shift" in a sentence.
>>
>>148603594
dads fly sidewinders?
I thought they only flew Cobras and asps
>>
>>148605297
Most dads have upgraded to a python by this point.
>>
File: 20160716005858_1.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160716005858_1.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>148605369
Speaking of Pythons, what the hell can you even do with this thing? I traded for like, a couple of hours and only made 1.5 mil or so, and most of those hours were spent watching youtube because I was fucking bored out of my skull, the thing doesn't jump far enough for Robigo running, you can't make fucking money pirating, I don't have the money to spend on powerplay, mining seems absolutely fucking dull, bounty hunting doesn't pay shit anymore and most things can outturn me anyways. I spent all this money on it, and it's fucking cool, but what the fuck do I DO with it?
>>
>>148606054
it is a multipurpose ship

you are unable to do anything with great efficacy because it is incapable of real specialization, being such a generalist hull.

if you're too stupid to do sothis, go to gandui and fucking trade between that system and lao zi or some shit. 16.05 light years and the markets will never dry on you
>>
>dads on el reddito praising a rank grinding method that apparently took 20 hours to get from 0 rank to knight with the empire
There's no hope for these people
>>
>>148606054
Nothing. Honestly. They used to be #1 fighting ship, they needed the fuck out of it, now it's a multirole with ships that can do everything it can do but cheaper.

Sure does look cool, though.
>>
>>148606441
needed = nerfed*
>>
>>148606373
Sothis makes me no money. Theoretically I can do a 2500 PPU cargo run in the python, with 208 cargo spaces, for ~500k in about 10m, so 3m an hour. It takes me about an hour and a half to do a Sothis run and I only get about that from it, and it takes me about an hour to do a Robigo run and I get 12-20m from that.
>>
>>148606616
i am making around 80 million per hour in a cutter up there

if you're choosy about which missions you take; and i'm not familiar with the cargo available to a python with a scoop and shit necessary; you can make easily 25mil/h with just a couple hundred tonnes. it's important to have rank with the factions though, and i was able to get allied with Federation Unite! in about a half hour just running between sothis and ceos with data in a cobra before i got out my BBC (Big Black Cutter)
>>
File: 20160712005249_1.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160712005249_1.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>148606767
I ain't taking a Python out of the bubble, and I'm already allied with CDE Corp. I just CBA to go grab the Aspie and grind the rank for Sothis and Ceos, at least you make a bit of money and get a bit of Fed rank for dat FAS though.

Iunno the thing's just not fun to fly. And I think it's because it can't back up its presence. It's a big motherfucking ship that looks like it means business, but there's nothing in the game worth bringing such a mean ship to do; long range smuggling makes the most money and the AspE is the best thing for that until the Conda; any fight I have any business being in can be won with a DBS, or a Vulture if I want to play it safe. Fuck, the shit the Python's good for just isn't in the fucking game.
>>
>>148607197
>Fuck, the shit the Python's good for just isn't in the fucking game.

Exactly. That is precisely the issue. Sell it and get whatever other ship you want, and buy it back later when whatever update finally comes out that gives it a purpose. The same issue the FGS has.
>>
>>148606405
What's the fastest way?
>>
File: 20160714005751_1.jpg (312KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160714005751_1.jpg
312KB, 2560x1440px
>>148607864
YOU'RE GONNA SUCK THIS COCK
>>
>>148607787
The fastest way is still donations, but unfortunately there's not really anywhere good for that right now for emp or feds
And by fastest I'm mean it will still probably take a few days of board refreshing rather than literal weeks if not moths of grinding
>>
>>148608108
FALSE VISION REEEEEE
>>
>>148608108
>yet another ripped off mod as DLC

Your normie audience is gonna wise up to your laziness if you keep this up, Todd.
>>
>>148608059
Is there a best if not optimal place for it? And roughly how many creds would it take?
>>
>>148608545
Gee, Todd, you sure it's original? It sure looks an awful lot like a mod an autist made in his mom's basement.
>>
>>148608508
17 draconis is the only place that still works for the feds, but it's in a civil war right now so the amount of donation missions had dropped a lot. As for the empire I don't know
From no rank at all to rear admiral it would probably take 250mil worth of donations, half that amount if you only do the smaller donations missions. Seeing as the amount donated doesn't affect the amount of rank gained only taking small amount missions is the smarter choice of you have the patience for it
Also remember to only do missions for factions aligned with the superpower you're looking to gain rank with
>>
>>148609031
Ah, just meant empire. I always go Fed for missions so I'm way up there now. Thanks anyways.
>>
>>148606054
It's the best multipurpose ship in the game, fact.
>>
>>148609198
I know that most modders put more effort into their tiny creations than you put into the entirety of FO4.
>>
>>148609469
The problem is there's no purpose for multirole at the moment. You can buy and kit ships to fit all roles a python fills for less than a single kitted python, and they'd perform better than it in their roles.
>>
>>148606054
>the thing doesn't jump far enough for Robigo running

Wimp.
>>
>>148609689
>The problem is there's no purpose for multirole at the moment.
Meme statement. The purpose is going wherever you want and doing whatever you want.

>there are cheaper ships
Irrelevant.

>and they'd perform better than it in their roles
>role specific ships are better at that one thing than a multipurpose ship
No shit? FAS may be a better combat ship but fuck me if I'm travelling in it anywhere.
>>
>>148609151
I had a quick look and from what I can tell donation grinding is dead for the empire
Apparently HIP 10716 to Wu Guinagi data deliveries is currently the fastest way to rank with the empire. The post I found said it took 10 hours doing that to get from baron to duke
The upside to that is you'll make money instead of losing it
>>
>>148609863
Also, non issue since engineers.
>>
>>148609983
Hey, I put a 4B scoop on my FAS and went all over the place. FAS dindu nuffin.
>>
>>148607197
it's for missions
>>
>>148610014
I'll probably just stack skimmer missions if possible, then. They always treat me good.
>>
>>148610118
>loading screen simulator 2016
Also, it's ugly as hell.
>>
>>148610423
Dirty Gutamaya fag detected
>>
>>148610423
>ugly
I'm sorry you have bad taste.
>>
>>148610557
>>148610576
Not a gutamaya fag, but I still don't get how you faggots so plebified that you like that bastardization of dropships aesthetic.

Drink bleach.
>>
File: Formidine Rift.png (249KB, 950x550px) Image search: [Google]
Formidine Rift.png
249KB, 950x550px
Anyone out in the Formadine Rift trying to find Ayylmaos? I'm there now just because I heard it being talked up recently, but mainly to get enough exploration data to rank up the FSD bitch. Grinding mod mats to rank her up was straight up killing me so I decided to give exploring a shot. Finally found my first earth-like in here too. Now I'm freaking out because someone else might turn it in first.
>>
File: 20160716001352_1.jpg (454KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160716001352_1.jpg
454KB, 2560x1440px
>when you fucking loaded and successful completion of all missions will generate nothing short of 82,437,170cr

what the fuck
>>
>>148610934
>look at me i'm making so much meaningless monopoly money
>>
>>148607197

The Python is for space trucking and mining. If you want to smuggle, buy an Orca.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/orca/2pftkFflsdnsif40v27270002030405044a38f402012f.Iw18SQ==.EwBj5BGZktSgsQ==
>>
>>148611431
>12ly jump range
>100 ton cargo
This Orca meme is shit.
>>
>>148610985
>t. Dad
>>
>>148611869

>implying 100 cargo isnt enough for smuggling
>implying 12ly jump isnt enough
>ignoring the god tier boost
>implying the Orca isnt unstoppable at smuggling
>>
>>148612126
>literally grinding like plantation nigger for numbers
>hurr ur dad
This meme lost all meaning.
>>
>>148612320
>implying 100 cargo isnt enough for smuggling
It's enough only if you RP as Han Solo.

>implying 12ly jump isnt enough
That's simply terrible. How fucking retarded are you to think it's ok?

>ignoring the god tier boost
Useless.
>>
>>148612417
t.dad mad someone can make his life earnings in the span of minutes
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x310px
>>148612675
>u d-dad
>look how big of a grinding vegetable i am
>>
File: the real n d b.png (135KB, 1836x377px) Image search: [Google]
the real n d b.png
135KB, 1836x377px
guys stop sniping at each other over whose gay autistic internet space ship is better, there's bigger dads to fry
>>
>>148561932

I've got 3 on me if you want to come to the Great Annihilator system.
>>
>>148613059
What are you trying to imply here?

He's 100% right. Multiplayer in ED is total garbage. There's no sense in playing in open. None.

It's either people grinding in silence indistinguishable from NPCs or ebin furfag gank squads. That's the amount of mp interaction you get from this shit game.
>>
>>148612598

>not RPing as Han Solo

I dont understand the appeal of sitting at the station and stacking missions in a huge cargo hold. If you already have an Anaconda or Cutter, why even bother doing these runs?

And 12LY really is usable. I've done Robigo runs in a Python. If you use the default fuel tank and a size 5 fuel scoop you pretty much never have to stop. I've outran Asp fags back to the bubble because they're busy refilling their 64 ton fuel tank with a 3A fuel scoop.
>>
>>148612797
>t. dad
BLAZE YOUR OWN TRAIL
FLY SAFE CMDR o7
>>
>>148613059

>Open is for shooting

I hate this meme. ANARCHY systems are for shooting.
>>
>>148613532
I don't understand the appeal of RPing in such a bland and empty game.

If you want to play pretend smuggler just join Freelancer: Discovery. Smuggling mechanics are much more solid there.

>And 12LY really is usable.
That depends on how much of a boring braindead grinder you are.
>>
>>148613532
because i want an jumpconda and killvette

the two together will run me nearly a billion credits if not more and i ain't selling my fdl to have all three of the big ones
>>
>>148613607
It is. What else can you do with a random fuck out there? Start your own buisness venture?
>>
>>148613705
>That depends on how much of a boring braindead grinder you are.

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
>>
>>148613059
>I'm intolerant towards intolerance

In all my years of playing online games I've never played a game with such insufferable faggots as this.
>>
>>148614072
>grinding apologetics
Where? In North Korea?
>>
>>148614115
Why with all those years of online play experience you chose to play the worst online game ever?
>>
>>148614275
Because you touch yourself
>>
>>148613514
I'm implying that this faggot is implying that all PvPers are griefing psychopaths, when most of the PvP community in this game consisted of various player groups skirmishing with each other in wing battles and at CGs. I have had tons of fun with the MP aspects of this game, as unreliable as they are.

Well, until 2.1 killed PvP, that is.
>>
>>148594440
>Cockpits better but i cant help but think the ass is fat

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I've just about mastered clubbing other ships with the ass end of my FAS during the pass when they try to evade being rammed.

Slicing the other ship with one of my winglets does ridiculous damage to them. For some reason it does even more than a solid head-on at full speed.
>>
>>148600942
>Wish Imps would come out with something that didn't resemble a yacht or a private jet.

The Clipper was beast in combat for most of the first year. Moreso after the Python nerf and then less so after small and med ships with more shields than god.
>>
>>148613059
Meanwhile
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/274124-Open-is-BRUTAL

Someone should report him for blatant group shilling
>>
>>148609689
>The problem is there's no purpose for multirole at the moment.

"Multirole" ships are for trading and in a few cases exploring. That is their purpose.

"Trade" ships are straight-up useless, hence why multiroles are the real traders.
>>
>>148614934
this desu
The only traders you spend any time in are the type 6 and type 9. Type 6 is replaced by the asp, type 9 by the anaconda. Type7 can be ignored for the iClipper.
>>
>>148613607
>>148613802

The only options this game provides for interacting with anything are ignore or lasers.
>>
>>148615048
Even those stopped being part of progression with the advent of smugglebux, since you can directly go Cobra->Asp->Anaconda and bypass them entirely.
>>
File: 1380703320303.jpg (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1380703320303.jpg
178KB, 500x500px
>>148615192
>he doesn't tell everyone he sees alone to fly safe
>lest they meet my hungry fdl later on
>>
File: 326548769.jpg (417KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
326548769.jpg
417KB, 499x499px
>>148615559
>meet a hungry FDL
>end process
>>
>>148615764
>Have a nightmare
>Hungry FDL
>Holds me down
>Can't get away
>He deploys his huge hardpoint
>Inseminates my boipussy
>>
>>148615764
you'd be surprised how few dads can execute a logoffski maneuver effectively.
>>
>>148615838

Huge cannon has lewdest deploy animation.
>>
>>148615873
You mean saleshitters? Because dads are either playing private/solo or already have a macro set up.
>>
File: 13223425647.jpg (73KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
13223425647.jpg
73KB, 300x250px
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/273896-So-funny-*yawn*

which one of you glorious bastards did this?
>>
File: 1245721923326.gif (2MB, 286x215px) Image search: [Google]
1245721923326.gif
2MB, 286x215px
>>148615838
>you will never be a timid little cobra that gets offered assistance in bounty hunting by a big, burly fdl
>you will never see your shield indicators flash as he gets nice and close to you, hardpoints deployed, and informs you that he wants more from you than just his cut of the bounties
>>
>Hand over your cargo
>I'm carrying only limpets
This is so fucking retarded
>>
>>148616909
Most likely the same furfag legion that got butthurt when ftroop reverted the Segovan lockdown.
>>
>>148617097
>Hand over your cargo.
>I don't even have cargo space in my ship to begin with
Talking about retarded...
>>
>>148616909
>That "I'm not mad but I'm so mad" response
>Literally everyone calling him out for caring so much
Wonderful
>>
>>148618321
Pssst... he's talking about your feces.
>>
File: 1437221512436.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1437221512436.gif
387KB, 269x270px
Don't you die on me yet.
>>
Why is imperial cutter's ass so amazing?
>>
File: 1426822641468.jpg (114KB, 1870x226px) Image search: [Google]
1426822641468.jpg
114KB, 1870x226px
I haven't played the game since January.

Any big changes happened?
Was this engineer shit released?
Is it interesting in any way or does it just add more grinding?

In that case, is afk turetting with CE still safe to use? That was the most fun I had with the game in months.
>>
>>148621910
>Any big changes happened?
No other than Ftroop fucking up emergent gameplay and pepole are starting to get wise to their shit.

>Was this engineer shit released?
Waste of time shit

>Is it interesting in any way or does it just add more grinding?

Literally grind for a chance to play a roulette game to have your grinding mean something, then grind more.

Pretty much only the diehard dads are still completely in Ftroop's corner. Everyone with half a brain is getting fed up to various degrees.
>>
>>148622035
>>148621910
Also they destroyed turreting, to such a retarded degree that CZ grinding any zone with a capship is a waste of time because they'll steal half your kills.

AI got a buff then a nerf, but it uses engineer modules and pinpoint snipes your modules with rail guns.
>>
File: 1468664652001.jpg (580KB, 1800x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1468664652001.jpg
580KB, 1800x1012px
What adventures will await you today?
>>
>>148622457
Blazing my own trail CMDR
Fly safe o7
>>
>>148601159

I know you can get an Anaconda to nearly 40 LYR jump range without engineering. Add 44% since thats the max boost you can get on an FSD mod plus modding the other ship components to reduce mass and you could hit 60 LYR jump range without injection.

120 LYR with injection. Granted your ship cant do jack ship except jump, but thats the max. I've seen posts about the low 110s with Injection.
>>
>>148622753
Do injections burn up more fuel or do they just burn the mats?
>>
>>148622457
Getting back to the bubble from a 20000ly trip trying to stay alive because I have no weapons nor shields on my exploration kited cobra mk3
>>
>>148623546

The mats from what I understand. Actually haven't used it much.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>148624109

fug thats insane. o7 o7 o7

eksploration spirit commander!
>>
>>148624109
Father, a lot has happened since you left.
The Empire invaded and took over our home. Mother took in an empire captain named Jamal. I am expecting a baby brother any day now. Your wife's son will surely be eager to meet you.
>>
I think it's cute how you guys hate this game but keep playing it.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268667-UAs-Barnacles-amp-other-mysteries-Thread-7-The-Canonn?p=4237617&viewfull=1#post4237617
>>148625610
there are bits and pieces that still cling to you and make you play the game
like an alien parasite
>>
File: forums.png (8KB, 642x129px) Image search: [Google]
forums.png
8KB, 642x129px
>under high load
I somehow seriously doubt that
>>
>>148614072
Speaking of the wheel, is it impossible to stop on blue by clicking? Every time it's on blue and I click it moves it back to the red before it. Once I fucked up and it went one further back into red before I clicked, and it still moved it back to the red before the blue when I clicked.
>>
>>148621910
>Was this engineer shit released?
>Is it interesting in any way or does it just add more grinding?
It only adds more grinding.

Like, astronomical levels of grinding.
>>
>>148626607
they've scaled back the AWS
>>
>>148617097
>>148618321
>hand over your cargo
>cobra mark III with no shield
>saying this to a FAS loaded with multicanons

God damn it, suicidal AI, just fly into a planet instead of bothering me.
>>
>>148631149
I would be completely fine with it if they gave us a garage space to store old modules and allowed us to "lock in" really good roulette rolls until we chose to reroll on our own.

As it stands, it feels more like you're being punished for playing rather than rewarded.
>>
File: 1459090054116.png (305KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1459090054116.png
305KB, 534x486px
so i bought this game finished some of the tutorials
and have a slight idea how to fly.

so i start a new game in open world and sit in my ship and have no idea what to do first.

when i got this right there is no main quest no story so i should make my own story am i right.

but what are some good things to do in the first 20 minutes i like to go full rogue but that shouldn't be an option right of the start

what to do ?
>>
>>148632952
1. Steal kills from cops in RES with your shitty sidewinder until you can buy a cobra mk3 with a A-grade FSD.
2. Go to sothis/ceos and grind rep until 5m+ missions start spawning.
3. Grind those missions while getting a bigger and bigger ship so you can stack more and more.
4. Welcome to ED
>>
>>148632952
if you don't have any friends, do this >>148633139
if you do, and you play together then do this >>148633139
Fdev gave us all the freedom to do anything with taking anything interesting to do from us at the same time
>>
>>148633139
when is choose to be a huge spacedick will stations deny landing or won't trader sell me stuff ?
>>
>>148633301
You get fines and bounties, station might refuse to let you dock if you really have a bad rep with the controlling faction, but otherwise it's piss easy to fool the authorities and boost into a station without getting scanned while having a bounty.

Depending on the bounty you can high-wake to have it converted into a fine. If the bounty is too high I believe the only way to get rid of it is to get destroyed, so just buy a throwaway sidewinder and boost into a station walls if it ever happens.
>>
File: 1454451419730.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1454451419730.png
200KB, 356x256px
Anyone else watching the Lavecon live stream? All the questions asked to the devs so far have been absolute cancer.
>>
File: 1467973263977.jpg (70KB, 621x697px) Image search: [Google]
1467973263977.jpg
70KB, 621x697px
>>148633139
>>148633289
>>148633301
>>148633581

well then i will start my journey
>>
>>148633607
i'm watching star wars celebration, lavecon streamed on frontiers youtube ?
>>
>>148633607
>Lavecon
instant secondhand cringe desu
>>
>>148633748
watching it on twitch right now, but it looks like its finishing up.
>>
>>148632952
Get a refund youll thank us later
>>
>>148617097

>hand over your cargo
>carrying literal shit
>eject it
>SO YOU CHOOSE DEATH THEN
>>
>>148644754

Pirates are entitled milennial shit heads CMDR o7
>>
>tfw flight controller is ultra friendly
>missions all offering rare mats

This station is legit.
>>
>>148644754
Here's how fucked the game is.
The pirates are detecting your crafting mats and data as cargo.
>>
>>148645804

I thought they just had a boner for the enjo commodities.
>>
>get interdicted by a pirate
>he has no weapons

I'm not making this up. He didnt fire a single shot the entire time.
>>
>>148646727
happened to me a few times. Every time it was a "clean" pirate
>>
>>148648169

>clean pirate

Doesnt interdicting give you a bounty?
>>
>>148650937
not for npcs since they technically don't interdict you. the one in supercruise and the one that drops in normalspace are two different entities
>>
File: edmaymay.png (18KB, 162x178px) Image search: [Google]
edmaymay.png
18KB, 162x178px
>>
File: bull.jpg (51KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
51KB, 640x464px
>>148651707
>the one in supercruise and the one that drops in normalspace are two different entities

are you fucking kidding me with this shit fdev
>>
Thread fading in to the void...
>>
>>148653070

Nope. There is zero persistence.

Even when you have an NPC with the same name chasing you all over it gets respawned from scratch every time you see it.
>>
>>148650937
No it gives you a fine.
>>
>>148612320
Ok fine cumlord. My fully battle kitted fucking python has 208t cargo and 14ly fully loaded.
>>
>>148661806

>responding to a 14 hour old post

We get it. The thread is dying.
>>
>>148534758
Sauce?
Google is giving me cartoon network.

Also when can we scan planets to find materials?
>>
>>148662919
FD is holding that update until Fighters.
>>
>>148559426

What is google?
>>
How many mines can an instance support at one time?
>>
>>148613705

Freelancer is just a better game overall.

I only come to these threads to see what has been updated.
>>
File: no runs.jpg (117KB, 570x526px) Image search: [Google]
no runs.jpg
117KB, 570x526px
JACOB

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY MISSIONS JACOB
>>
>>148661806
>"battle" anything
>100t cargo

even my conda has only 80t
>>
http://spaceflightnow.com/live/

spess
>>
>>148538509

Where do you sell them? A station in the nearby system was only buying for 12k per
>>
File: uhgh.jpg (146KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
uhgh.jpg
146KB, 500x750px
>>148667837
Iunno 's got guns, what else does it need? SCBs are for scrubs.
>>
>>148669292
>no SCBs

3 large beams can melt your shields in 2.5 seconds.
>>
>>148669456
Not if they can't hit me.
>>
>>148669743
the only thing you can hope to outmaneuver and/or outrun is a conda
>>
>>148669850
Iunno the thing outturns Cobras.
>>
>>148670019
>outmaneuver and/or outrun
>>
>>148670140
Ok fine, the thing outmaneuvers cobras. Excuse me
>>
>>148670252
not something to be proud of desu senpai
>>
>>148670385
I know, but it's a small ship that sets a good example of its maneuverability. Many things can outturn a python but not a lot can outturn and outgun it. Its biggest threats are getting into a slugging match with something bigger than it, like a Conda, or getting a Vulture/FAS to humiliate it in a dogfight.

SCBs are for staying power.
>>
>>148670583
yeah, im thinking PVP like
>>
File: lightyear.jpg (601KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
lightyear.jpg
601KB, 640x960px
>>148671090
Oh hell fucking no would I take it PVPing without stripping the cargo bays.
>>
I am a newb who starts with a cobra. What ship/gear should I buy after I sell it to start making real coin?
>>
>>148676245

If it's a MkIII it's already an ideal starter ship for making dosh.
>>
>>148677309
It is. I was a KSer but ignored the game. Thinking of getting into it. Though it would be better to get a cheaper ship and fill it with better gear though.
>>
>>148538509
>>148667971
Forums reckon 20k-80k depending on the black market.
>>
Any tips for snatching a UA?

>>148679135
What kind of funds are you working with atm? Outfitting a Cobra for Sothis/Robigo runs takes around 3mil.
>>
File: 1466200169975.jpg (144KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466200169975.jpg
144KB, 500x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NBagFF6jjo
>>
>>148679508
Whatever you start with. Guessing I will have to grind 3mil first then.
>>
File: sidey.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sidey.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>148679508
You usually start with the Sidewinder, small little ship, looks like pic related.

Cobra's more expensive stock, like ~350k
>>
>>148680827
meant for
>>148680449
obvs, but yeah. For now, take whatever pretty close smuggling missions you can in the Sidey, you should be able to make enough for a stock Viper or Cobra, I'd say go to a Resource Extraction Site, usually in high metal content planetary rings, and go killsteal from cops in the area until you get the ~3m for a Robigo fitted Cobra, which is D rated pretty much everything except Frame Shift Drive, as little shielding and weapons as you're comfortable with, and cargo bays for the rest of it.
>>
>>148681069
>3m for a Robigo fitted Cobra
Here's one for 2mil
https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_iii/0p3tdFaldd8sdf4----02-030334010101.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==
>>
>>148681245
That'll work too, just don't scrape when you boost into the station.

But yeah, 3m is the high end.
>>
Dont die!
>>
Alt tabbing out of the game while I slowly crawl my way to a station 150k LS away. Atleast I can play EVE at the same time and keep tabs on my market orders.

Space sure is big, huh fellas? o7
>>
>>148687476
space is larger than you will ever be capable of meaningfully perceiving or comprehending.

be grateful they advanced the lore for the supercruise function. it's stated that voyages prior took days and weeks if not months
>>
>>148687917

I wish they went back to that. I would be way more immersed in the game if I had to spend actual weeks traveling between stations.
>>
File: elite1.png (3KB, 384x271px) Image search: [Google]
elite1.png
3KB, 384x271px
>>148688173
CONDITION RED
>>
>>148679965

Any idea how the file was pulled from the game?
>>
>>148679965

2Spooby3.5me
>>
File: 1371658080635.png (192KB, 283x352px) Image search: [Google]
1371658080635.png
192KB, 283x352px
>>148679965
i'm not saying that's fucking thargoids or anything

but that's the fucking noise of a thargoid witchspace interdiction.
>>
>>148681069
So you think I should sell cobra, buy a sw to grind out the 2-3 mil needed? Or did you not read the part where I said I start with a CMk3?
>>
>>148690275
Most everyone starts with a shitwinder.....easy to miss

Keep the cobra....killsteal at a nav beacon or mettalic ring (high) upgrade your ship then go do sothis
>>
>>148690275
Oh, you do start with a Cobra? Cool. I honestly thought you were getting them mixed up, they're built by the same manufacturer and look vaguely similar.

Nah cobra's fine. Do bubble smuggling in it until you get enough for the 2-3mil to get it Robigo fitted.
>>
>>148690632
I think he's got it because he was a kikestarter backer
>>
>>148664845
I DUNNO WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING
>>
>>148538509
I'm here, what am I looking for? Did I get meme'd?
>>
>>148694446

Look for a USS around maiki 3 a. It may be several ls out from the planet, but its the only USS that you can't identify
>>
>>148694715
Thank you, based anon!
>>
Came back to this game, havent played since february, anything i should know? Did they fixed missons or is it the same 2% for killing 20 civilian ships?
>>
>>148695364
Missions are alright now, once you get allied with the minor faction.
>>
File: tmp_16497-1280x720-Gug634421009.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16497-1280x720-Gug634421009.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>148538795
>>148539076
>>148539259
>main segemt of thargoids turn out to be peaceful, and helpful, and kind, in order to appease forumdads
>"bad" ones no more threat than competent pirate at best
>entire new swath of populated space filled with happy thargoids and their funky stations
>multi-crew "balanced" by AI crew that get bonus shields/hull to compensate for AI stupidity

How else would they add a new faction and ship set for dads to spend half a year grinding through?
>>
>>148695442
How much % do they give on average?
>>
>>148695442

Not him but I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong but I've been doing missions for a minor faction for what feels like days and I'm still only halfway through friendly. Is it supposed to take this long?
>>
>>148696045

>multi-crew "balanced" by AI crew that get bonus shields/hull to compensate for AI stupidity

They have already confirmed multicrew will be player only. No AI crew.
>>
>>148690617
Are there actually cases of people starting in something better than a sidewinder?
>>
>>148696057
As far as rank? Depends on what you are now. If you want fed rank grind delivery missions at sothis/ceos, I forget the empire one
>>
>>148696380
Yeah, until dads scream and cry and piss themselves about it on the forums, like always.
>>
>>148696403
Im grinding imperial for the sexy ships, serf 28%
>>
>>148696669
HIP 10716 to Wu Guinagi data deliveries are curently the best way to grind empire rank fyi
>>
>>148679443

Know of any good places to sell them. I flew 175LY out to LTT 9455 thinking the price goes up with distance but they only sell for 60k there. Onyaks, only 100LY away, were buying them for just as much.
>>
>>148696559

It's not like multicrew won't be dead on arrival regardless anyways. Want to sit on my Corvette turret while I fly around a RES, anon? I'm willing to bet it'll still have the stupid bounty splitting too.

Ship launch fighters is the only thing looking somewhat promising this entire season, and that's fucking sad.
>>
>>148696669
Back in my day you progressed through the first several ranks with just a few missions
fuck the VISION
>>
>>148697459
Yeah
I remember reading a week ago or something that it takes around 2500 missions to reach duke/rear admiral from zero rank now
Even for a no life NEET that's fucking stupidly high
>>
File: Imperial_Cutter_concept_art_01.png (249KB, 923x622px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Cutter_concept_art_01.png
249KB, 923x622px
>>148697459
>tfw cubeo'd hard for dat dook long ago now

the cutter was well worth it

don't know if i can say that with present effort required in mind, though. good thing i maxed out federal rank in 17 draconis for only several million, too.

i wish it looked a little closer to the concepts.
>>
>>148697772

No way that can be right. Assuming that each mission takes 5 minutes to finish, which is a ridiculously generous estimate, it would take somewhere roundabouts 8 full days of nothing but back to back mission running to get to that point.
>>
>>148698402
I thought so too but from my attempts to grind fed rank it's starting to look true
>>
>>148698402
Well on my Count to Duke grind in wu guinagi each load of courier missions raised my rank by about 10% on average.
That's 22 missions for 10%, so 220 missions per rank. The boost was also lower between marquis and duke than it was from count.
>>
>>148698752

So basically unless you do donation grinds, (do those even work anymore?) you are hopelessly fucked and won't ever get some of the later ships unless you go beyond the dad and grind missions day after day after day.

Great. This is a great way to get players into your game and keep player retention high. I love the progress bar gameplay that Elite pioneers.
>>
File: DavidBraben(1985).jpg (16KB, 276x249px) Image search: [Google]
DavidBraben(1985).jpg
16KB, 276x249px
>>148699187
>why won't the superpowers let me pilot their most esteemed and powerful ships unless I actually prove my worth to them?
>>
>>148699187
Donations are the expensive way to do it if you can find them.
Finding two systems that generate courier missions between each other is the cheap way to do it.

You're lucky there's a progress bar now. It used to be there were no progress bars and you had to guess how close you were, and just grind with no promise of ever seeing a promotion.

I think I understand why the dads enjoy this type of gameplay. It reminds them of their shitty dead end jobs.
>>
>>148699187
>do those even work anymore?
They're worth less rank iirc and there aren't many places left to do it in but they still work if you can find a place
>>
>>148699415

I know you're being an epic memester, but if you're going to pull that reasoning, then why do neither the Empire nor the Federation give a single fuck that I'm both a Duke and Rear Admiral of their respective factions? Why would they even think of giving someone like that their "most esteemed and powerful ships?"
>>
>>148697095
Shit man, I still don't get bounty splitting. It's already needed as fuck and super unprofitable, there's absolutely no reason for it except to keep people from grouping up.

Additionally, yet tangentially, I cannot fathom why they released engineers without a cargo storage system of some kind. It's such a dick thing to do.
>>
File: DavidBraben+IanC.G.Bell(1984).jpg (27KB, 413x245px) Image search: [Google]
DavidBraben+IanC.G.Bell(1984).jpg
27KB, 413x245px
>>148699736
players hold special status as independent commanders under the pilots federation, anon.

we're all freelancers, and activity for one faction doesn't necessarily happen at the expense of the other.

they've mused repeatedly about making participation in a faction's navy preclude you from serving the other; this locking you to one side or the other.

i'd recommend wrapping one up now, before you get even further fucked.
>>
>>148700138
How does that in any way relate to what he said?
>>
>>148700138

>freelancers
>holding military rank
>being given expensive military hardware
>empire not questioning why you're rolling in to their station with a corvette
>federation not batting an eye when you enter their dock in a cutter

What you said makes no sense. But then again this is Elite lore, so you may as well be right because Elite lore is so fucked and stupid that only dads could go along with it.
>>
>>148700735
We hold auxiliary ranks, Anon.
>>
>>148679135
>Though it would be better to get a cheaper ship and fill it with better gear though.

Not really. The ships you can downgrade to from the Cobra Mk3 are either small fighters that aren't ideal for making cash or the Hauler, which actually carries less cargo than the Cobra does.

The credits left over from downgrading won't stretch very far anyway. A-grading your larger modules will cost many times more than the ship itself.

eg: A Viper costs 142K but A-ranking just the power plant costs 508K, more than the price of an entire stock Cobra.

Besides while making millions of credits was very hard at release, it isn't now. You can killsteal from the police in resource sites, smuggle or run lucrative surface missions if you have access to Horizons.
>>
>>148700898

I understand that but I still think it's silly, but I guess this just goes back to the way the game is designed.

There should have been a better form of Powerplay already in place when the game launched, with players either choosing to join the Empire, Federation, Alliance, or choosing to go independent. Then you can have border battles, black ops shit, and then a full out war whenever Ftroop decides that they've led us by the nose enough and decides that now we're going to have war because thats what the story dictates.
>>
>>148701363
I agree. At least something locking you into fed/imp for access to the corvette/cutter. But if you did that, dads would shit their pants over not being able to do everything at once.
>>
>take delivery mission
>on the same planet
>wew
>go into orbital cruise
>[INCOMING MISSION CRITIAL MESSAGE]
>YO CAN WE GET THAT IN THE NEXT FEMTOSECOND KTHXBYE
>5 seconds pass
>[INCOMING MISSION CRITIAL MESSAGE]
>YO WHERE ARE YOU FAGGOT GET OVER HERE
>[MESSAGES INTENSIFY]
>WATCH OUT FOR THAT PIRATE CMDR o7
>>
>>148701639

This wouldn't be a problem if we had multiple character slots.
>>
>>148679965

been there, its a black hole
>>
File: Fixing Powerplay.jpg (283KB, 1428x766px) Image search: [Google]
Fixing Powerplay.jpg
283KB, 1428x766px
>>
>>148705363

>alliance ships never
>>
>>148706678

The Alliance-specific ships will be manufactured by thargoids so the reveal will have to be a ways off yet.
>>
File: Fixing Engineers.jpg (192KB, 1473x579px) Image search: [Google]
Fixing Engineers.jpg
192KB, 1473x579px
>>148705363
>>
>getting Tin while mining
>>
If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
>>
>>148709420
I'd move it to a server instead of this p2p shit. That solves so many fucking problems.
>>
>>148709420
online only play
>>
>>148709420
REMOVE SOLO REMOVE PRIVATE OPEN ONLY
>>
>>148709420

NO SOLO
NO PRIVATE
OPEN ONLY
FINAL DESTINATION
>>
Anyone found a better place to sell precious gems?
>>
>>148710109
>>148709658
>>148709583
I'd leave solo but make it offline, still keep it up to date. Forum dads contribute a lot to funding shit, but they need to be put in their place.
>>
There's an FDL at Deciat looking for some PVP if any of you fags are interested.
>>
>>148710109
This, there is no reason solo and groups should be allowed to exist. I was promised a MMO back when I backed this piece of crap, not a forumdads and carebears safe haven.
>>
>>148718024

It's not like you could catch their (now modded) Cobras with anything that can actually do any damage even if they were in open.
>>
>>148696386
Only kickstarter people
>>
>>148719368

>not having 800 m/s battles with your own modded cobra
>>
File: Capture.png (153KB, 493x449px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
153KB, 493x449px
check out my new cloaking module
>>
800 m/s? 750 m/s is dumbfire rocket speed.
>>
>>148720236
Whats faster, a fully modded Cobra, or IEagle?
>>
>>148721104
I was firing seeker missiles at a player iEagle and that motherfucker was outrunning them
>>
>>148721589

iEagle has higher potential top speed because it can get enhanced thrusters in addition to grade 5 dirty drive tuning

But enhanced thrusters have crippled mass tolerance. If you're too heavy (such as with a combat fit) you'll lose the benefits.

My racing Courier literally loses more than 100m/s just from putting weapons on it
>>
>>148721589
A Cobra also has a stronger power distributor, meaning it can maintain its top speed longer than an IEagle. Charge enhanced power distributor mods help close the gap somewhat, though.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/274323-Any-New-ED-Info-from-Lavecon-2016
>>
>Fly out to deciat
>Don't remember why I never bothered to grind engineers up
>Requires grindy bullshit from grindy bullshit
>Oh yeah, that's why.
>>
File: doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>148724625
>Ask Zac
>Ask marketing
>Ask Thomas
>Jack's mom might address that in the coming months
>Jack's uncle would love to do that
>Gamescom
>Gamescom
>It's on the list
>Gamescom
>Highly desirable feature
>Gamescom
>>
>>148701639
How would it affect them in thier endgame cobra?
>>
I love when faggots talk about this game like it's been doing better than ever and nothing could possibly go wrong. Looking at Steam stats and the steady decline in average and peak players, this game will be dead on Steam within 2 years, possibly even sooner if games like NMS and/or the possible-but-doubtful release of Squadron 42 completely BTFO Elite. A pretty sizeable portion of the population doesn't play on steam, so I'd pin the eventual death of this game within the span of 3 - 4 years, as a conservative estimate, as this is only for the game to reach absolute zero players, not for player numbers to get so low Ftroop decides to shelve this game for good.

This is, of course, unless Ftroop really gets their shit together and turns this game around somehow, which I doubt considering the terrible foundation Elite is standing on. An anon suggested that at some point this game may go free-to-play with more cash shop items than just cosmetics. I'll leave it to fate to decide which route Frontier decides to go.
>>
>>148687917
Yes but they also had a time accelerate function that would let them skip the travel literally in seconds
>>
>>148687917
>>148730493

They let you accelerate time to speed up travel, but time manipulation shenanigans don't fly in a multiplayer environment, hence supercruise.
>>
>>148731253
I'd be fine with this explanation if the game actually fucking was multiplayer
>>
>>148729326
NMS and SQ42 are both single player games. NMS is going to be another shit heap procedurally generated borefest (like E:D but without online or planned future expansions) and Star Citizen is still at least a couple years off. Game is still dying though, just due to playerboresom/frustration.
>>
>>148731429

The multiplayer may be shit and useless, but it's multiplayer nonetheless.
>>
>>148731602

>talking about NMS and SQ42 as singleplayer as if Elite isnt also singleplayer

I really don't give a shit how those games turn out. I just want them to shorten Elite's lifespan as much as possible, and if they turn out goos thats even better. If Elite dies, then theres a chance FD will release the source to the community, as they have "promised," so that someone can take Elite out of Ftroop's clutches. This would be better sooner than later so that Ftroop has less time to keep spaghetti'ing their code.
>>
>>148732268
>as they have "promised,"

Right, because they've been so good at keeping those...
>>
>>148732734

It's a chance. They could tell everyone to fuck themselves but at the very least I'd get to meme on dads on the closing days. I only play this game for maybe an hour or so every blue moon, so it's not like I'd miss this shitheap. The most Elite has done for me is give me an appreciation for the other space games I used to play but had minor grivances with.
>>
>>148729326
NMS will die within a fucking year. There will be like 10 planet variations at max with different color pallets you'll literally see everything the game has to offer within few days. I'm not defending elite though, you can see everything elite has to offer within hour of playing.
>>
Can anyone find any news on a release date for SC? The last official announcement I've seen is end of 2016, but I keep seeing people saying 2017/2018 is more likely. Jesus shit, I just want a good space MMO that isn't EVE.
>>
What is the best combat ship?
>>
>>148737605

Orca
>>
>>148737605
FDL for a balance of speed, maneuverability, damage and staying power. Corvette is second for raw damage after the Orca if that's what you're looking for
Overall the FDL is probably the best
>>
>>148737596
>news on a release date for SC

Good meme.
>>
Are these covert economic acquisition missions just glorified steal missions?
>>
How much does it cost to buy and fully kit a corvette?
>>
>>148739326

> 600 Million
>>
>>148739280

Yes.
>>
>wake up in bed fully clothed
>cottonmouth
>empty beer cans by computer
>tradeaconda on pad in newholm station stacked with missions

God damnit, there's no way to escape the grind is there?
>>
>>148728538
Yeah, their dev cycle is so fucked up that even they don't know what they're adding until they're adding it. If it weren't for all their vacations, I'd say working at Frontier would be a nightmare of uncertainty.
>>
>>148741221
It's crazy how they don't realize that appearing so unsure makes people lose faith in their ability to deliver.
>>
File: Imdone.gif (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Imdone.gif
2MB, 720x404px
>When you arrive in system on a run with 8 deliveries to the same starport
>have to drop in and out of supercruise repeatedly at nav beacon to force Rush Order mission updates with times above 30s-2min
>>
>>148739326
between 600M and 1B
>>
How do I dock a fighter to the keelback?
>>
>>148743750
Are you serious?
>>
>>148743750

You don't, yet. Ship launch fighters are coming at the end of the month... I think? They havent really explained how they'll work either way.

Regardless, get rid of the Keelback. Even with a shitty Condor escort I can't see it being of any use.
>>
>>148743750
pfffhahahaha

Good one.
>>
>>148744128
it says in the ship description you can dock a fighter, so i bought a little eagle for it but I can't figure out how to attach it from the shipyard.
>>
>>148744310
ya can attach ur mum to muh dick
>>
>>148744310

Here's how you do it: Construct a time machine. Use time machine to travel 3 months into the future. Check if ship launched fighters are out yet. If yes; enjoy your Sidewinder in your Keelback. If not, repeat.
>>
>>148744220
I imagine it will work just like the SRV vehicle bays. You'll buy a hanger and then buy some shitty prefab, non-player ships to go on it.

I just hope that in addition to parasite fighters it'll have some sort of parasite cargo hauler option so that a large ship has an option for delivering goods to outposts.

There may be "Defense Limpets" or whatever that just shoot at enemy ships. If you can actually just slap another player ship onto your ship, though, I wonder if you can use that parasite's cargo space.
>>
>>148744538
But he bought an eagle, not a sidewinder?
>>
>>148745183

As far as I know no ship is big enough internally to carry anything bigger than a Sidewinder.

Conda, Cutter, Corvette and Type-9 - maybe. A Keelback won't, though.
>>
>>148745504
Maybe it just sits on top. Like you request docking and there's a small pad up there to land on.
>>
>>148746737
Very doubtful. How will the mothership be able to get through the mail slot on stations to dock itself?

They said it was gonna be internal, anyway.
>>
>manipulating the BGS is griefing now
>>
>the whining changes but the dads remain
>>
are we ded?
>>
>>148742183
their consistent failure to deliver also does that
>>
>>148756637
Not to mention what they do deliver is usually either a buggy mess or entirely superfluous.
>>
Think about how shit FD's track record is.

>1.1 CGs - the only reasonably good update, brings CMDRs together, still just grinding though
>1.2 Wings - buggy as shit, barely function, splitting bounties means there's not much reason to use them even if they did work
>1.3 Powerplay - Could have been awesome, turned out to be more grindy, boring bullshit with no good incentives to participate
>1.4 CQC - was kinda cool for a bit, limited game modes, detached from main game, no incentives to play, currently ded
>1.5/2.0 Ships/Planetary Landings - More ships, ok, fine, but no new gameplay from 1.5, and the changes to SCBs introduced the silent running Rail-de-Lance cancer meta. Planetary landings were kinda cool for like a half hour, until you realize there's no reason to do it, still nothing worth doing in the game
>1.6/2.1 The Engineers - Boring, grindy, shallow, worst RNG in any game, ever, removed freedom from gameplay (the only good thing about the game), the new AI, endless interdiction spam, bugs, bugs, bugs. At least the new missions aren't horrible, though they're still very limited in terms of gameplay variety and still don't feel remotely important. Gameplay still feels hollow, lifeless, and pointless.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, how can a game development company possibly be this consistently and hilariously incompetent?
>>
Elite Dangerous is Braben's midlife crisis. He's trying to convince himself he's still the coolguy gamer he was back in the 80's with a healthy dose of rose tinted glasses. He pushed a crazy idea onto a team of theme park programmers and Kinect tech demo engineers.
>>
>>148757823

It's not hard to do and get away with when your target audience has only played an old space game that has aged like milk on a hot summer day and console garbage.
>>
>>148757823

They took some lessons from Squad and "improved" upon it.
>>
>>148757823

are you Derek Smart bored of Star Citizen?
>>
>>148696045
>forumdads
Fuck off with this shit. You weren't there for the original game, you don't fucking know anything.
>>
>>148720021
more like cuckstarter
>>
>>148757823
>silent running Rail-de-Lance cancer meta

More info please.
>>
>>148760446
t. butthurt forumdad
>>
>>148761864
> t. millennial faggot

go back to Pokemon Go
>>
where do i rank up? can't find any imperial rank up mission.
>>
>>148760446
i'm sorry but i did play the first elite (on c64) and years later after touching games like X-wing, TIE Fighter, X-wing Alliance, Freelancer and having dipped my hands in aquanox and Independence: edge of chaos.
I can tell you that the original Elite is even more boring than E:D
>>
>>148762248
My first computer was an Atari ST, dad. Why don't you tab back to your solo mode hugbox before someone on here hurts your feelings?
>>
>>148762248
>le ebin millenial maymay
I told you already that you should lay off the booze, dad.
>>
>see thread
>remember i actually paid for this shit
So, was anything new and interesting added? Or does the vision of our dearest Braben shine ever brightest?
>>
>>148767636
Between Powerplay, Engineers, and a new bubble starting up around Jaques station, there has been plenty of new content. where have you been?
>>
>>148767636
The latter.
>>
>>148741092
It's only a grind if you make it one
>>
File: 1451530704111.png (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1451530704111.png
51KB, 512x512px
>>148739326
How the fuck is anyone supposed to ever get 1Bcr?
>>
File: gg.jpg (47KB, 786x212px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
47KB, 786x212px
>>148768347
pic related. thats how
>>
>>148767636

The vision still reigns.
But there's some new content though.
>>
>>148768347
Sothis runs my friend
I do them casually every few days and I've got a 400mil net worth
>>
>>148768586

That doesnt say "grind" anon.
>>
>>148768347
Sothis runs, or go afk turret in a PP CZ until you have hundreds of thousands of merits, then turn them all in and get paid 50 million a week for the next six months without doing anything.
>>
>>148769904
>go afk turret in a PP CZ
how does that work, don't you just agro a shitload of NPC enemies that way?
>>
>>148770548
Powerplay CZs are bugged. Enemy ships just sit there and don't shoot. It's been this way for over a month because FD is competent.
>>
File: tmp_11590-B5_londo-896646606.jpg (33KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11590-B5_londo-896646606.jpg
33KB, 852x480px
>>148773767
Why haven't they fixed this, or the infinite ammo shit? What are they waiting for?
>>
File: siyyUKK.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
siyyUKK.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
Kornelius Briedis is the most based youtuber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEm4Oe0OAl4
>>
>>148773767
You mean the "crime sweep" zones that you find in expansion systems?
>>
>>148776618
Yes
>>
Where do i find the rank up missions?
>>
>>148773767
>>148775425
>>148776618

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271203-Powerplay-Expansion-Bug-a-month-of-silence

Daily reminder.
>>
>>148778548
Fix will be revealed at gamescom
>>
>>148778548
Don't forget this:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/elite-dangerous-cqc-tournament-canceled-developmental-delays-blamed-frontier-544839
>>
Pulse laser, fixed or gimballed?
Im on a Icourier
>>
>>148780501
If it's the central one fixed
If it's in either of the wings gimballed.
>>
>>148782519
Got it, should i use multicannon, railgun or cannon in the middle one?
>>
>>148782979
Fixed beam in the middle, gimballed multis on the sides imo
>>
>>148782979
your choice

Courier doesn't have a big power distributor so I prefer a laser in the center and multicannons in the wings.
>>
File: Screenshot_0083.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0083.png
2MB, 1600x900px
is there something wrong with being wirh Mobius /edg/?
i'm in the group since i bought the game a few months after release and its pretty comfy, you meet people at CGs and it makes soothis runs smooth as fuck.

I assure you i'm no dad, just a pleb who gets wrecked everytime i try to go in open and can only use gimbals or turrets (can't aim for shit)
>>
>>148785261
cancer
>>
>>148785261
The game should literally be open only or a single player solo.
groups should only favor same instances on the open server. Groups are literally the cancer killing the game because as evidenced by recent events, you can't balance EMERGENT GAMEPLAY around them.
>>
>>148785261

I dislike private and solo because it only serves to divide the community further, encourage even more hostility between players in open, and give FD and excuse to not work on community-building aspects of the game such as guilds, trading, and punishment for killing other players wherever you want.

Every time someone complains about the game people literally just say "go to solo."
>>
File: Screenshot_0084.png (952KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0084.png
952KB, 1600x900px
>>148786160
because you can fuck up with events without consequences? But for doing trading and shit too? things that wont influence the storyline i mean.
The same istance thing would be a good thing; join a pve group ,get attacked by pvp players and fight with other guys for your rights to keep going pve. Now you are just alone with no possibility to encounter someone you know in open. Kinda like NMS will be
>>148786325
its true, it seems that everything is easier in solo or private. no bullies and only dumb Ais
>>
File: FASt.jpg (130KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
FASt.jpg
130KB, 1680x1050px
>>148785261
>just a pleb who gets wrecked everytime i try to go in open
just who and where is wrecking you ?
i was doing sothis runs in a FAS with full cargo without shields and guns and noone ever shot at me, or even talked to me except for that one dude in a Hauler that got denied landing from a station
>>
>>148785261

A lot of times I can't bring myself to care. The multiplayer in this game is so god damn laughable that I wish they would have made it a singleplayer game. The only problem is that influencing the BGS is one of the more fun things to do in the game, one that gives you a "reward" that isn't just shitty credits or arbitrary percentage upgrades that you use to get more credits faster. Influencing the BGS or anything in the game for that matter is a pain in the ass if you have faggots you can't see working against you. One only needs to look at the absolute shitshow they caused when they reverted the lockdown at the CG only a few days ago because whiny carebears in Mobius cried enough tears to raise the sea level a few inches.
>>
>>148786868
Because you can grind events without risk and the devdads will revert any attempts for open players to fight back just because it doesn't agree with your group's PVE sensibilities.
>>
File: tmp_12828-Yun634421009.jpg (12KB, 264x296px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12828-Yun634421009.jpg
12KB, 264x296px
>>148786868
>>148785261
>in Mobius
>played since near launch
>only now hitting Expert
>in a Cobra
>complaining about bullies
>claims he is not a dad
>>
>>148787553
he's in a ASPie
>>
>>148787075
>sothis runs in a FAS

Are you a masochist?
>>
>>148787760
i am planning to go to the nebula that looks like a "warp out" space rupture behind sothis
at least i might get my name on a few systems
>>
>>148787665
Fuck me, I said Asp in my head but my fingers typed Cobra. I blame looking at builds earlier for a friend's loadout.
>>
File: Screenshot_0048.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0048.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>148787102
literally didn't care about the forums, not about that Cg but i feel you it was a shitshow, specially after Daramo where only the winners got the cash.
Keep in mind Mobius is like 24k people nowadays and its split on 2 groups, Us and Eu, i never used the group forums nor reddit, heck i only post here, but the loudest ones are the only one you always hear and they are the whiniest too
>>148787553
i'm shit at combat senpai, and thanks to ceos i'm at 100 mil with a A+ Aspie, not a dad, hated the cobra loved the DBX

>>148787159
devs pandering is just stupid desu, but hey what sells is good right? like adding femminism to Ghostbusters ( and ruining a good franchise) because its all the rage now
>>
>>148788471
Bandwagon fallacy
Just because something sells or is popular doesn't mean it is good.
>>
File: 1448398073276.jpg (36KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1448398073276.jpg
36KB, 511x428px
i downloaded the game again
>>
If you need quick money: https://youtu.be/iEm4Oe0OAl4
~40/hr(depends on the ship cargo capacity) without a bigger hustle.
>>
>>148788471

It's not about the forum or the drama that happened. Imagine if you were just some player who didn't like whoever the CG was about, and you went to try to put the system into lockdown to stop people from contributing to it.Well, you succeed, and the system is locked down! Hooray! But not even a day later, the lockdown is lifted and all your work is undone, and the CG proceeds as normal as if you were never there. Well now what?

This is why people were pissed. You may as well not even try anymore because Frontier will probably tell you to fuck yourself and undo whatever you do if you go against the VISION. It's more mind boggling because you'd think the devs would love player created content like this because it literally creates itself, it required no work on the devs part beyond creating the CG and let the players do what they do best. It's why a lot of games that were made a long time ago have been going on strong for so long.

And this is the biggest flaw of Elite, because no amount of bug fixing or code rewriting can undo the damage caused by what they did. Elite has a community that hates conflict and want to nothing but passively shoot at braindead AI and run the same A-B-A trade routes over and over again. They hate unexpected events that might cause them to change their strategy, inconvenience them, or just straight up destroy their plans and force them to do something else altogether, not that I can blame them since there's fuck all to do in this game beyond exploring, shooting AI, or god forbid trading. If you take out Frontier's fanfiction-tier, cringy story, there'd be little reason for them to stick around for this game.
>>
>>148792636
It's more like 20-ish, i'm rolling a 340t annie and only making 4 jumps between maiki and a nearby anarchy system (60k per ton).
>>
>>148793796
Yeah, this. I was just mildly disappointed with the content and lack of fixes before that, but now I know ftroop is 100% on the dad's side and will stop anything from happening that goes against what they want. It was, by far, the scummiest things I've ever seen them do. They are past redemption in my eyes.

Please deliver us from this hell, Roberts. You're the last hope.
>>
>>148796118

> Roberts
> Delivering

Toppest kek of the weekend anon.
>>
>>148796118

Only hope is No Man's Sky, and it's going to be at least as empty as Elite.
>>
>>148798000
We can at least still hope for it. More than can be said for E:D at this point.

Plus the 4-part ATV ep 100 special has been pretty great, restored my faith a good bit actually seeing all the offices and people at work.
>>
>>148798352

> seeing all the offices and people at work.

Well, I hope a little too, but I hate that hope. It's what is going to make me hurt when the reality is crap. I mean you can have a billion people trying to polish a turd, but a turd it will remain. I want to be wrong so bad it makes me want to cry.
>>
>>148793796
>>148796118
The general shittiness of 2.1 and especially the Engineers had my interest waning, but this event was the final straw. I had already stopped playing, but I uninstalled when I read about this. The last shred of hope I had for this game being great some day died when FD deleted real emergent content just to placate the dads.
>>
>>148798540
Yeah, I understand. I hadn't played since before arena commander came out, and I was worried it was turning into a scam when news started drying up, but then all this new stuff just hit like a dam bursting, and it got me interested enough to update the game and have a look, and wow, it is so much better than before, still janky, but you can start to see the shape, and it's pumping my hype back up substantially. Still reserved, but cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>148799526

Shouldn't you be working, Roberts?
>>
>>148799792
Hey, man, I'm just disappointed at the shitsgow E:D has turned into while being pleasantly surprised at SC's updates. I want both to be fantastic games competing neck and neck with each other. It would be amazing to have two persistent MMO space sims to play in, I'd probably be satisfied for a decade.

I'd never recommend buying anything, especially now that LTI is gone.
>>
Anybody found a good place to sell Maiki dosh? I found one for 70k a ton, because I like y'all so much I'll tell you.

Milnor Station in Dulos

I wasted so much time yesterday just to find that. Share yours!
>>
>>148801109

Wut
>>
When is the next update comming. Didn't we only have two so far horizon and engeniers? Next ones are commander creator, fighters, multi crew, mystery update(in this order)? But we're already past half of the year
>>
Is mirror/reactive armor usefull or should i go with military grade?
>>
>>148801673
Precious gems
>>
>>148802248

Stop being so entitled CMDR, don't rush them and just play the game o7

Memes aside, it's hard to say but I'm pretty sure the next big update is due to roll out at the end of the month or very early August, and it will be fighters and passenger missions. I have no idea what the order afterwards will be, but I think it will be fighters -> commander creator -> multicrew -> ebin aliums
>>
>>148802362
Forget military grade and just get hull reinforcements, they're cheaper and straight up better
When it comes to mirror and reactive the negatives out way the positives imo
>>
>>148803050
Is there a chart orstats of some kind showing how much better?
>>
>>148802469

Spoonfeed me please.
>>
Anyone playing evochron legacy? Any good? I was reading they just have fighters and nothing else.

I just need something.
>>
>>148792636
>>148803829
>>
You guys are still here? Seriously? I have 60mil waiting for me pick up from funzones but I'm not even bothering to log in for that. What could you guys possibly be doing?
>>
>>148803904

It's a great game but it looks and feels like such shit that I can't bring myself to play it anymore. I have the same issue with X2 and 3.
>>
>>148804716
Complaining, being depressed, funposting.
>>
>>148804645

thank
>>
>>148804716
>What could you guys possibly be doing?
Dying a little more inside each day as I grind towards a iCutter
>>
>>148806089

Are you the poster that jizzes himself each time the white Cutter is posted?
>>
>>148804716
Shitposting, complaining, and dad memeing is Elite's end game, it comes shortly after the Orca phase.
>>
>>148806620
No, I'm just a depressed person regretting the amount of hours I've put into this game who's unable to quit despite that
>>
>>148807147

Remember to play for fun, not to grind!

Blaze your own trail CMDR o7
>>
>>148807326
Name one single fun thing in this g
>>
>>148808035
Griefing dad's by manipulating the BGS.
>>
>>148808035
Why, reliving your child hood memories of course!
Your not a entitled millennial are you CMDR? You did play the original games?
>>
>>148808035
Camping starting zones killing sidewinders that use a mouse instead of a joystick.

If you can make them ragequit before 2 hours played you basically save them 30 bucks if they refund
>>
>>148808035

Flying the ships. As everything else becomes stale and repetitive, I find flying in general to be fun. Just wish there were interesting things to do while flying.
>>
>>148808314
As we've witnessed, you quite literally aren't allowed to do that.
>>
>>148809290

I just wish faster engines weren't locked behind a huge grind wall. That would make flying so much better.
>>
>>148808340
>one of the first games I played was elite
>loved it to bits even though it was old at the time (early 90s)
>got me into all the other space sims I love like FreeSpace/2, Wing Commanders, Privateer, Starlancer/Freelancer, X-wing, TIE Fighter, etc etc
>see shit like that on the forum and my blood just boils

I will never understand these people. You don't remake a game to have the exact same game with better graphics, you're supposed to enhance it, deepen the experience. You're supposed to want to rekindle that feeling of child-like wonder and awe at the capabilities of the new game, not run through a 1:1 copy, you already know what that's like. It makes no sense. If they want that experience, ELITE still exists.
>>
>>148810019

But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.
>>
File: 1465404994122.png (1011KB, 810x1759px) Image search: [Google]
1465404994122.png
1011KB, 810x1759px
>>148810891
>he didn't post the picture
Don't be a shitter, if you're gonna shitpost do it right.
>>
>>148810891
Took longer than usual
>no picture
shameful display coriander o7
>>
>>148811659
Who is this penis priestess?
>>
>>148810891
Well that was incredibly depressing. Does give me better insight into their mindset, and I guess it let's me accept E:D will never be anything past HD ELITE.
>>
>>148811659

I'm not some anime shitbag fuck face

Fly safe CMDR o7
>>
>>148812063
>he doesn't enjoy classic 80's and early 90's animation
>he doesn't also enjoy glorious moe fapbait

Your loss i guess.
>>
>>148788471
How does one mod the color configs to get this non-shit skin?
>>
>>148812513

>he lives in a fantasy world of japanese animoo characters

Looks like you literally are an entitled milennial.

Fly safe CMDR o7
>>
File: Yotsuba_Source.png (244KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba_Source.png
244KB, 845x1200px
>>148811741
>>
>>148813054
I don't get it
>>
What ship or shop type do you guys most want to see added to the game?

Mamba here.
>>
>>148816707

The engineer shop. Pay credits to unlock engineer levels. There's fuck all to do with your credits if you own all the "high end" ships anyway.
>>
>>148816707
medium imperial craft.

perhaps a hull that resembles the imperial fighter; whether or not it's manufactured by gutamaya or the size.
>>
>>148818989
I'd rather dismantle engineers entirely and have another set of skill bars called <x> Mechanic (x = Shield/Thruster/etc) that you level up by crafting the mods yourself. Also a way to "lock in" your RNG results, maybe at the cost of additional mats or something.
>>
>>148813054
Pls don't lewd the yotsuba
>>
>>148820525
Rather than engineers in their current form there should be different types of modules. No more D is le lightweight meme and B is superheavy meme. Lightweight, Heavy, and Normal weight are all different categories with pros and cons. Lightweight are more fragile and tend to have a lower output. Heavy modules are sturdier, and output more but naturally kill your jump range. Standard modules are the basic E, C, and A modules currently.

FSD drives have extended range and improved efficiency variants.

Weapons have their variants from long ago returned.

From these basic components, a pilot can tune them up or modify them to certain degrees, but here the engineers return to drastically modify them beyond their safe specifications. Engineers should feel like mad scientists in space rather than run of the mill garage mechanics with a fish fetish.
>>
Oh shit guys, my dad saw me playing this shit game and asked to try it out. Have i birthed a new dad?
>>
>>148816707
Materials and Data shops.

I ain't got time to drive that shitty buggy for hours on end just to find some shiny rocks. I would rather buy them at the inflated prices that miners and traders would sell them for and go about my way in my fully kitted combat ship that has no room for cargo.
>>
>>148828878

this so much

fuck the grind, i have the money
>>
>don't see any point in playing until engie requirements are reduced in the next patch
>still go to sothis and grind dosh

Is this what VISION feels like?
>>
>>148801109
do the prices vary depending on which black market you sell at? cuz there's BMs as near as 10LY from Maiki
>>
>>148828878
>>148830631
You entitled millennials.
It's not about being able to pay money to make your problems go away. Elite is about the experience of blazing your own trail in the galaxy. There is no reason this game should be like eve and enable players to scam each other through engineer material trades when the current system is just perfect. Remember, Frontier doesn't owe you anything. They made this game and you simply have the privilege of playing it.
>>
File: 1437526928710.jpg (27KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1437526928710.jpg
27KB, 184x184px
>>148832501
Fuck you dad, that's how economies and currencies work. If i can't use the currency i earned in this game to buy goods and services that are meaningful, what is the point of even having a currency system? It's the 34th century, and you're telling me that economic systems have degraded below bartering systems? FUCK YOU. I expect financial wizardry to run rampant at that point.

>Frontier doesn't owe you anything.
Now you've triggered me. If this game was some free to play piece of shit, i might have tolerated that level of stupidity, but i fucking paid for this shit. You better bet they owe me a quality service worth the money i gave them.
>>
>>148833075
Now now lad, he was just ironically dadposting.
It's not like the real dads are like that.

But son, never visit the gulag.
>>
>>148833075
If you don't find goods and services in the game meaningful then you must not be playing it right. The game is only a grind if you make it. You set arbitrary end goals for yourself because you're used to previous MMO games. In elite there is no endgame, so there is no grind, everything you do is your choice.
>>
>>148833185
No shit, but ironic dadposting is real dadposting in the gulag, and the fact that there are actual dads drives me to seething rage.

Fuck, at this point we're just RP'ing the line of argument that would be shut down in the gulag, so I will continue it to keep the thread alive.

>>148833226
>If you don't find goods and services in the game meaningful then you must not be playing it right.
But you completely misunderstood, these new goods and services (engineer mats and data) are meaningful and impactful to the game experience, and therefore should be accessible by means of currency.

Imagine it: explorers and casual observers could sell their scans to an open market; miners and buggy enthusiasts could haul their mountains of materials to new markets and see boundless profits. This shit benefits everyone, it could be argued that this new market for mats and data could act as a "buff" to exploration, as it opens a layer of depth for those that favor that style of play.
>>
>>148779431

Along with the location to the fountain of youth
>>
>>148794164

10 collectors, 60k at a station I can farm 20 in under a minute, relog solo and do it again. easily 60/hr
>>
Hey gang, where can i find some PvP material atm since CG is ded?
>>
>>148831838
Yes. Not sure what determines the price other than pure t3h randoms, I jumped to probably 15 or so nearby black markets and most were about 60k, one was 70k, and a few were like 12k.
>>
>>148842871
>Black markets
>Can't buy anything
>Can only sell "stolen" shit
Why?
>>
>>148843219
VISION
>>
For a FAS, should I get SCBs or hull reinforcement? When I land even a little to hard it blows out my shield and wrecks my hull to 80%.
>>
>>148843219
>tfw black market is basically the recycle bin for the game economy
>>
>>148843985
FAS is better set up for hull tanking, HRP's everywhere and maybe a weak biweave just to protect modules
>>
>>148845130
Seriously, they could have added a whole other layer to smuggling with the black markets or at least made them a place to get illegal modified ship gear.
>>
Ok so I'm tired of relentlessly grinding Python and Fer-de-Lance from RES to obtain a few 2 sometimes 3 millions benefits per hour if the hunting goes well.

I've upgraded my ViperMkIV main modules to 4A, then the boredom grew quickly. Doing regular missions (i;e. bring back this black box for shit) is fucking tasteless to me, desu.

Killing randomly generated NPCs for the sole satisfaction of stealing his tin cans is also embedded ennui to me.

I see people talking about Sothis/Ceos as a whole new level of profits but I don't want to play truck simulator.

What do /edg/ ? Should I buy a new ship ? Which one? Why?

>inb4 blaze your own trail I don't fucking buy it
>>
/edg/elords,

What's a good system to grind some Fed rank? I heard about Tiano, anyone can confirm that?
>>
>>148812845

I would also like to know this
>>
File: 3985259434574347.png (103KB, 434x258px) Image search: [Google]
3985259434574347.png
103KB, 434x258px
DBS or DBX ?
>>
>>148849034
DBS for fightan, DBS is a poor man's explorer.
>>
>>148846639
Sounds like you need a new friend!

Im lonely :-(
>>
>BLACK market
>not exclusive place to sell slaves
>>
bump this ded
>>
Do you think they'll add more aliens than just Thargoids?
>>
If you were a pilot of like an Anaconda or any bigger ship with multiple section irl. Wouldn't you be afraid to just leave your ship in hanger just like that while you do your business in the station? What if someone hacks cargo hatch or any entry point and gets inside the ship and when you launch in space they will just hijack you?
>>
>>148846639
iCourier
>>
>>>/wsg/1193875
>>
>>148859448
>le ebin gameplay
Thanks VISION.
>>
Icourier with two large wing pods and medium nose pod.....

Pls this could be the medium ship the empire needs
>>
File: Close Call.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Close Call.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: ggje.jpg (200KB, 494x842px) Image search: [Google]
ggje.jpg
200KB, 494x842px
Just came back to the game after months of not touching it. I barely even remember the controls. Did they change the difficulty or something? I was just trading with my Type 7 yesterday and some NPC interdicted me and destroyed my shield with 2 or 3 shots. I escaped but he could've easily blew me the fuck out in less than 10 seconds. Also I can't get over my fear of crashing into a sun every time I travel systems.
>>
>>148861954
>pilot assist on
tiggered
>>
>>148862576
Ships are almost impossible to control with keyboard/mouse without flight assist.
>>
File: Minor Singularity.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Minor Singularity.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>148862576
Not in the wee hours of the morning when I was on the verge of passing out, man.

Nearly shat a brick as. Al Saud is fucking enormous and I wasn't needing to smuggle anything inside.
>>
>>148859448
so catchy
>>
File: pop pop.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pop pop.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>148862930
as is*
>>
>>148862432
yeah, NPCs are smarter, more accurate, and take better weapon configs than before
>>
File: 359320_20160718005226_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
359320_20160718005226_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I did it /edg/. I've bought the DBS.
Any good loadout to fit this little baby ?
>>
>>148863253
How do you like the FDL?
>>
File: BONK.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BONK.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>148863948
it's my favorite ship.

bes snek
>>
>>148864303
Do you have a loadout handy?

Also how is it landing on planets? All mediums I've used so far are a bitch to touch down. Considering getting a vulture again just for easy landing.
>>
>>148792636
Slowpoke.jpg
>>
File: 20160529210401_1.jpg (350KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160529210401_1.jpg
350KB, 2560x1440px
>>148864619
the fdl can throw itself the fuck around inside of a gravity well without issue.

i do not have my fit saved and i haven't actually flown it in some time, but it's a full A-fit with mil plates, i've made a plasma accelerator and four gimballed pulse lasers work, but right now it's hooked up with a huge modified beam laser and four gimballed m-cannons.

fit the full core slots as A modules, and utilize an A-grade shield generator, a large fuel scoop, hull reinforcements, and a small fuel tank extension.

you will be capable of completely filling its utility slots with A-grade shield boosters and still have plenty of power for your choice of weapons. looking at about ~1200mj worth of shields, 1000+ further points of hull and a cost approaching 150mil for the killfit.

mine is modified to a good extent, too. i'm not certain how capable it would be of with a base power plant, but if i remember correctly the small upgrade didn't change the fit too much.

the ship is a canvas, man.
>>
>>148801109
shit that's far as fuck on my corvette
anyone got a good spot that's nearer?
and why do my probes keep killing themselves, door's open
>>
The more I trade in the same route the more I'm at risk of being interdicted by NPCs?
>>
>>148865687
I think running into the debris, happens to me too. I spent (wasted) more time looking, that's the closest one I could find that was above 60k
>>
>>148866039
alright, thanks anyway
>>
Some Dual Universe gameplay was just uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mI-A0OuF8

For those of you interested in upcoming space sim alternatives.
>>
>>148866965
>No Man's Sky-style Game

Jesus fucking christ, IGN.
>>
>>148867249
Get out of my head. That was my first thought.
>>
>>148866965
that doesn't look hilariously shit or anything

also, yeah, fucking ign
>>
>>148866965
Honestly if the building ends up being good, I could see this game being a genuine contender for space MMOs. It's like the actually-a-sandbox counterpart to ED and SC, with ED being the least sandbox, and SC being kind-of-sort-of sandbox.
>>
>>148867425
The only thing that turns me off is the voxel based building. I don't play Space Engineers because of this. The blockiness of designs is a huge turn off to me. However

>That seamless transition from space to planet
>That horrible reminder of Battlefront 3

>>148868091

I also found this just now. Gameplay looks alright, nothing too special. Never heard of this until now. Planet Nomads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UxJ-UCNdlI
>>
>>148866965
>>148868505
Honestly, Starsector is everything I want Elite to be, except it's in 2D and thus flying the ship isn't fun. The universe, bgs, and everything else is really impressive.
>>
>>148868505
Planet Nomads looks kind of cool, like a more polished Empyrion.
>>
>>148869203
Drox Operative is another one that's at least okay. 2D top-down game, kinda like Sid Meier's Pirates in space.
>>
>>148863926
biweave small beams medium whatevers, preferably MCs for PVE

alternatively full railguns or PAs for fun
>>
>>148870031
Why does everuone use bi-weave?
>>
What's the point of Horizons aside from planet landing and more grinding?
>>
>>148871409
Nothing. I got it during the steam sale with another coupon stacked. After driving around on a planet for a bit I've realized I have been missing absolutely nothing by not owning horizons.
>>
>>148871031
faster regen, ideal for PVE

all shields regen while not under fire and biweaves regen faster. In practice small agile ships spend less time under fire so you get more effective shields thanks to faster regen

that and engineers allow to increase the fuck out of your shield capacity at the minimal cost of regen rate so you're better off starting with a biweave

I even use biweaves on my conda because they're low power and cheap. surprisingly effective.
>>
>tfw loadsamone but nothing to spend it on
>>
>>148871409
Planet missions, base assaults are kinda fun.

More grinding, yes, but your ship will be irrelevant pretty soon if you don't grind Engineers. It's a terrible design, but if you want to be able to participate in PvP at all, you need Engineers, or else you'll get your butt plugged every time.
>>
>>148871031
Bi-weaves with stacked resistance mods give you the most effect shield strength over time for PvE. They regen almost twice as fast as regular shields, so for each resistance mod, each point of shield regen becomes worth significantly more, meaning you can bounce from fight to fight almost forever in PvE.
>>
>>148867249
If I happened to be that dev, I'd write to the beta journalist to give him a fucking sermon.
>>
>>148873293
Can you explain stacked resistance mods? I haven't done much engineer stuff.
>>
>>148873479
>resistance augmented shield booster x4
>reinforced shields

even a FAS can shield tank with a biweave and that shit
>>
>>148873479
For example, my planned FDL PvE build is a reinforced c5 bi-weave and 5 resistance augmented shield boosters.This should net me ~75% additional damage reduction on all incoming damage, and a shield that regenerates extra fast. Combine that with grade 5 dirty drives to bump my maneuverability up to Vulture-tier, and my FDL will be essentially invulnerable in PvE.
>>
I have 25 million in assets and make about 600k profit per run (15min) trading with my Type7. At this rate I need to spend 25 hours doing nothing but trading to get a decently fitted Phyton and some change for insurance. This is fucking annoying.
>>
>>148876000
you can do sothis in that ship and make your life assets in a fucking hour, man

get out there
>>
>>148863902
It's pretty much the only genuine improvement they have done to the game since release
>>
>>148876625
What do I do in sothis?
>>
>>148876870

Accept haulage/smuggle missions for dosh and return to the bubble (400~ LY)

You may have to grind data missions to Ceos (1 jump away) to get the best jobs though.
>>
>>148876870
1. Grind rep with the local factions by taking data delivery missions to next-door Ceos

2. Once the multi-million payout smuggling and delivery missions back to the bubble start to appear, refresh the mission board over and over until you've filled your cargo hold with these missions.

3. Fly back to the bubble, drop off your missions, fly back to Sothis, repeat until you have as many billions of credits as you want.

Use an Asp Explorer at first, then upgrade to an Anaconda when you have enough money after a few runs.
>>
>>148876870
you take multi-million credit missions for smuggling illegal shit and literal shit back 400ly into the bubble, where you'll run around a cloud of systems and drop it all off for fucking stupid money

refresh the mission lists by switching modes; you have both sothis and ceos to go between. it's halfway advisable that you go up and make the factions halfway amicable first, though, otherwise you won't get a very full selection of what they're offering you.
>>
>go to /vg/
>edg in on first page, first thread
What happened?
>>
>>148877353
>>148877319
>>148877461
How dangerous are those missions?
>>
>>148877583
you may be heavily fined if scanned should you be caught bringing in illegal goods. things will interdict you along the way and if you're in a t7 that may be perilous because you're a fat, useless, juicy beetle.

logoffski may be necessitated.
>>
>>148866965
that planet isn't tiny or anything
>>
>>148877583
No more dangerous than any other hauling mission, so, not very. The only risk is you might get scanned on the way in to stations with the smuggling missions, but the fines are pretty small compared to the stupid fistfuls of money you'll be pulling in. Also, you don't even have to pay fines, you can always just self-destruct in a sidewinder to clear them, because this game was made by a competent developer
>>
>>148877558
the engineers, while shit, at least give us something to do I guess so people are playing again?

and then there's the alien plotline progressing though I'm mostly just expecting the payoff to be another spectacular failstorm
>>
>>148877774
Should I change to an ASP then? Or do these missions require a ton of cargo capacity?
>>
>>148878050
some can, but if you're choosy about which missions you take you can minmax those profits pretty hard even with limited space.
>>
>>148878050
You'll want the extra jump range of the Asp over the cargo space of the T7. Like another anon said, just aim for missions with good profit/ton.
>>
>>148879245
Asp is a pretty good ship for its price.
>>
>>148878027
What alien plotline?
>>
>get a bunch of skimmer missions set up
>have to go deal with real life shit
>come back
>station's changed hands
>can't complete a single fucking mission

Am I just shit out of luck now? Just gotta abandon them? If so, that's complete horseshit.
>>
File: brbrn giggle.jpg (78KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
brbrn giggle.jpg
78KB, 600x437px
>>148879564
All the shit with the UAs, barnacles, and now the tip-off missions leading to crash-sites which are implied to be the result of ayyy lmaos. The theory is that the next big "content" for Elite will be an alien invasion type thing.

I'm betting it will be something like this:

>Ayy lmao invasion announced
>Everyone is hyped
>Patch comes out, tons of posts about how awesome it is
>It slowly starts to dawn on everyone that they're just grinding CZs in specific systems
>No interactive or meaningful content, just grinding ayy lmaos instead of regular ships
>Shitposting rises again, players make posts about bailing on the game, the steam stats inch ever downward
>FD finally shuts down the servers
>Dads finally wake up and go, "Hey maybe we shouldn't have been so dismissive of everyone who was critical of the game, they just wanted it to be good."
>Source code is released
>People spend a few months un-spaghettifying FD's awful intern-tier code base
>Game is re-released on an actual dedicated server with most of the major problems fixed
>Actual content is gradually added in
>Too late, it's now 2030 and SC finally released
>All the dads are dead now so they don't get to play it
>mfw
>>
>>148879908

Submit a support ticket, they'll give you your dosh.
>>
fastest way to rank up with the empire? Currently grinding at shu babissi or some shit. 16% each run at lord isn't great. Any other ideas? Been doing courier missions
>>
File: ss (2016-07-16 at 08.50.25).png (7KB, 612x81px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-16 at 08.50.25).png
7KB, 612x81px
>>148880496
you have the right idea as far as i know

t. duke who's 2 high in the clouds 2 eva' haff 2 worry 'bout dat
>>
>>148880496
That's the only verified method right now. Embrace the VISION

o7 Condoleeza fly safety dance
>>
File: 1111111.png (2MB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1111111.png
2MB, 1920x1079px
Got the ASP and Sothis is 550 light years away. I just hope I don't get blown out on my way there.
>>
>>148880651
just put mines on everything
boost faoof flip mines mines mines

will kill even the toughest FDL
>>
>>148877558
Fucking summer sale happened, that's what.
>>
>>148880651
It's easy to not die in this game. If you get interdicted, do the following:

>Submit to interdiction by setting throttle to zero
>When you drop to "normal space," just spam boost away
>If you're getting shot, put 4 pips into SYS until you're out of range
>As soon as FSD comes off cooldown (~10 seconds) jump to the next system

Also, you can just log out and back in every time you see the, "I'm gonna lick your tasty cargo-hole, CMDR!" message.
>>
>>148880641
>>148880646
>fastest way
I DON'T WANT TO GRIND ANYMORE
>>
>>148881195
Then stop grinding. This game is about infinite adventure and the freedom to blaze your own trail. There's tons of things to do in this game besides grinding for credits. I'll never understand this entitled millenial mindset.

o7 CMDRs, fly safe
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (238KB, 800x970px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
238KB, 800x970px
>>148881749
well said CMDR.

o7
>>
File: 1393794734067.png (7KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
1393794734067.png
7KB, 227x200px
>>148880385
>Source code is released
This is wishful thinking as far as I am concerned.
>>
>>148880923
>put 4 pips into SYS until you're out of range
>while not being able to boost again
Good job, anon.
>>
File: 1454390605566.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454390605566.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
hmmm
>>
>>148882593
>implying the remaining two can't be minmaxed to provide enough power for repeated boosts if necessary while still maintaining shield integrity

it's like you don't even have a little nub to furiously twiddle like a nipple, managing your power.
>>
Fuck I'm running out of fuel and all I find are dead suns.
>>
File: 1327607353280.png (91KB, 342x322px) Image search: [Google]
1327607353280.png
91KB, 342x322px
>>148883137
You adorable thing.

Look for an M or K. Haven't used it but I think there's an option to direct you to such systems, now.
>>
>>148883342
Where do I look for those letters?
>>
>>148883628
Mousing over a star in the galaxy view will list its star types.
>>
File: brabonka.jpg (409KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brabonka.jpg
409KB, 1024x1024px
>>148880385
>>Source code is released
>>
File: 2.png (67KB, 538x259px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
67KB, 538x259px
>>148880651
I made it. Now I just wait for good missions to pop out?
>>
>>148885946
Run data delivery missions for all the factions between sothis and ceos until you're at least friendly with them
The higher your rep with a minor faction the better the missions they offer you
>>
File: 20160718154846_1.jpg (441KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160718154846_1.jpg
441KB, 2560x1440px
>wen u full
>>
Can I have good reputation with all factions without pissing them off for being friends with enemy factions?
>>
>>148888070
yes
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268667-UAs-Barnacles-other-mysteries-Thread-7-The-Canonn/page289?p=4245782&viewfull=1#post4245782
i wonder if he heard this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NBagFF6jjo
>>
>>148882593
Good prices in the summer sale, eh?
>>
>>148888070
There is no meaning to any action in this game. You can be friends and have rep with whoever you want, and no one will ever question it.
>>
>>148882593
Just incase youre not memeing and you dont know better, ill explain
>The way pips interacts with shields is, every extra pip gives you a higher shield 'pool'
>Its exponential
>3 pips give you around 20% extra shields, but 4 pips give you something like 90%
>4 pips give essentially double shields
So, when you drop in, Boost, maybe wait a few seconds for him to aggro, then switch the pips to Sys, it gives you the best odds
>>
File: snake sex.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snake sex.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>148891109
Why would they have the right to question the affiliations of a potentially accomplished, well connected multi-millionaire commander?

Independent pilots are largely free agents who can act with total impunity in many cases because of how valuable their services are to groups within the galaxy.
>>
File: 1392084354039.jpg (82KB, 1150x720px) Image search: [Google]
1392084354039.jpg
82KB, 1150x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xW240lJ30

MY DICK
>>
File: cheers.gif (3MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.gif
3MB, 348x323px
>>148891409
>>148890962
I was obviously dadmemeing you filthy shitlords.
>>
>UPs make a noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xW240lJ30
>>
File: nigga-is-you-serious.jpg (24KB, 240x239px) Image search: [Google]
nigga-is-you-serious.jpg
24KB, 240x239px
>>148891620
>CMDR rolls into our station
>Takes 20 contracts from rival faction to slaughter literally hundreds of ships from our faction
>"Ok, well, he's got lots of money so lets trust with him high value cargo even though he just killed hundreds of us for money. I'm sure we can trust this guy."
>>
>>148892172
ayyy
>>
>>148892252
how exactly would the other faction know you took contracts from their rivals?
>>
Should I ditch my faction while doing the Sothis smuggling missions?
>>
>>148892252
you lose rank with a faction killing their ships, irregardless of whether the vessels are wanted

they will be hostile.
>>
>>148892172
Looks cool. But for some reason something like this doesn't excite me in this game.
>>
>>148892490
Because you were in their war zone, slaughtering their faction's ships, in this example.

>>148892527
Maybe CZ missions aren't the best example since they do represent direct hostility, but the point stands. You can work for both sides of a conflict and neither one will give a shit.
>>
>>148892685
And you can be a high ranking naval officer in both the Federation and Empire, who are currently ramping up for war in the deviantart-tier storyline.
>>
>>148892642
Because you know it will ultimately just be another non-interactive, uninteresting, grindy, pointless manifestation of the VISION.
>>
>>148892810
Not for much longer, in at least being able to work on both at the same time

good thing i'm an admiral already. empire ho.
>>
>>148892918
Shit, yeah. Pretty much. I just realized, ED's "story" can be compared to Subnautica's story. The only difference is one is legitimately an incomplete game while the other isn't.
>>
>>148892918
It boggles my mind how cool things like that UP are always entwined with classic ftroop bullshit.

Like that capship jump effect. Looks amazing but then this capship just hangs there spraying left and right. It doesn't move, it doesn't die in a fiery explosion, you never see multiple capships battling eachother, you never see them do that outside the CZ, you never see them blockading a station, you never see them in sc.
>>
File: 1449444921919.jpg (52KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
1449444921919.jpg
52KB, 386x386px
>jacque's station new bubble on the way
>tfw rumors about thargoids forcing humanity out of the original bubble into exile shaping up to be true
>>
>>148895127
you better sell all your ships or they'll be stuck within thargoid territory/destroyed CMDR!
>>
File: tmp_5551-Space-Dandy-2426177704.jpg (65KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5551-Space-Dandy-2426177704.jpg
65KB, 640x360px
>>148895127
>this is how they reset the universe for a more interactive, involved persistent universe
>>
>>148895427
I'm confident lovely Frontier Support will move my ships to Jacque's if that happens. Fly safe CMDR o7
>>
File: 1436440818058.png (128KB, 446x451px) Image search: [Google]
1436440818058.png
128KB, 446x451px
https://youtu.be/t5xW240lJ30?t=46s
>>
>>148895570
if it's all an excuse for a reboot then right on Ftroop

knowing them it'll be just OP AI ships
>>
What are some most maneuverable and viable combat ships right now?
>>
>>148895570
>Thargoid Invasion CG!
>Battle the Thargoids by delivering battle weapons to Earth and Achenar stations!
>The dads are so excited they quit work to grind like never before, like it's the most important thing in their lives
>At the end of the week there's a congratulatory post in the Galnet news stating the Thargoids were defeated thanks to weapon deliveries.
>Thargoid invasion paintjob, $20
>>
>>148895570
It won't happen tho. I mean what's the logic in adding engies into the bubble and then locking it down a couple of months later?
>>
File: Night of the Brabenvision.jpg (164KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Night of the Brabenvision.jpg
164KB, 894x894px
>>148896481
I know this is how it's going to play out too, this is exactly their MO for this kind of shit.
>>
>>148896263
Vulture and FAS.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-19+at+02.36.09).jpg (73KB, 729x422px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-19+at+02.36.09).jpg
73KB, 729x422px
Haha can't wait till your steam numbers drop when No Man's Sky™ comes this fucking august :^)
>>
>>148896553
They could run away, maybe cluster them closer together?
>>
>>148896879
>Haha can't wait till your

Isn't it obvious ED is gonna bleed its playerbase when NMS comes out?
>>
>>148896879
>>148897180
My best prediction is that the forumdads will get NMS just to brag that they prefer Elite over it, start it up and just never come back since it does what they specifically want to do better. The ones that stay will do so purely because they don't care for the visual style or just can't afford it. These few are going to get desperate and become even more annoying and delusional than before.
>>
File: 20160718174854_1.jpg (553KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160718174854_1.jpg
553KB, 2560x1440px
noice

wasted a lot of time outside of sothis, though.
>>
File: Capture.png (112KB, 849x328px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
112KB, 849x328px
What's a superpower faction and how often do I lose reputation?
>>
File: Csn91JE.png (664KB, 1770x867px) Image search: [Google]
Csn91JE.png
664KB, 1770x867px
welcome to the spoopy zone
>>
>upgrade ship at engi base
>instance changes

wow
>>
>>148897558
>Forumdads

No, those people are with this game for life. The rest of the playerbase however, may hop into the NMS bandwagon. The real question is, how will Ftroop try to keep their playerbase from leaving.
>>
File: Where are my balls.png (298KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Where are my balls.png
298KB, 576x432px
>>148898489
Well gents, looks like it's time to find the dragon balls.
>>
>>148896263
The usual suspects. Vulture, Courier, FAS, FDL
>>
File: 2016-02-19_00028.jpg (413KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-19_00028.jpg
413KB, 2560x1440px
Gonna fit up an exploration craft that will need to operate inside of gravity wells proficiently. it'll be modified heavily in the near future and money is of little object.

Should it be an Anaconda for the sheer jump range, or the AspiE for its relative nimbleness and versatility?

Or do I go full retard and give the treatment to a clipper because it's so much more dope to fly than either of the previous examples?
>>
Does silent running work against NPC scans? How can I avoid NPC from scanning me?
>>
>>148900734
It helps but if you get too close for too long then they'll see you
If you smuggling best bet is to line up with the docking port from about 8km out, then boost in with silent running. Just don't activate it too soon because it builds heat, and the hotter you are the easier you are to detect
>>
>>148900520
always go full retard - robert downy junior
>>
>>148900734

It does help, but if you get to close to them they'll get you. Once they start, it's hard to stop it without shooting them.
>>
Why do i sometiems see in the chat things like "I won't let it end like this!" What does that mean?
>>
>>148900520
i'd say clipper
and then group up with me and lets go to Merope for some ayylmaos
>>
How come it says I can increase reputation with The Dweller by selling commodities at Black Hide, but it has no commodities board?
>>
>>148901447
Check the contacts there for a black market, if there isn't one then it's been UA bombed
>>
>>148902237
No black market.
>>
>>148901218
That means somewhere near, some guy is getting killed
>>
>>148901218

Sometimes NPCs piss off the station and get rekt.
>>
File: that bulge.png (20KB, 213x334px) Image search: [Google]
that bulge.png
20KB, 213x334px
>>148896879
>Haven't even heard of the game
>Just googled it now

OH

MY

GOD
>>
>>148896879
I don't think NMS will keep too much people from Elite interested, sure it's exploration but the universe is a fucking themepark with no accuracy at all, the only thing it has going for it is the survival and planet exploration aspects which may get boring quickly.

Elite is fucking shit but the universe scale accuracy is what keeps me coming back
>>
>>148898580
>how will Ftroop try to keep their playerbase from leaving

Oh my fuck. I finally figured it out. They're waiting to release the fixes, 2.2, and all the other shit until just before NMS releases to try to keep as many people as possible playing the new features.
>>
>>148902237
>>148902316
How long does UA bombing la
>>
>>148905427
last*
>>
How do I know if a mission I do fails when I get scanned? Is there a specific icon or something?
>>
>>148880385
I can only get so hard.....

But this is ftroop and anything they can do to make things worse they will do
>>
>>148905427
Until someone fixes it with meta alloys iirc
>>
>>148905287
Exactly, 2.2 beta next week goys.
>>
>>148906480
How do I fix it?
>>
>>148905287
You dirty fucking genius
>>
File: safe disengage ready.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
safe disengage ready.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>148861954
>Mission update: 84 brix shat
>>
>>148906781
Just bring some meta alloys onto the station I think
>>
>>148905287
>2.2 and the fixes to combat NMS

I can imagine the dads now

>Why would I play No Man's Sky when I can dock a fighter in my Anaconda and let my wife's son fly with me from his account?
>>
>>148861954
>contracted to deliver 84 tons of biowaste
>this happens
>deliver 85 tons
>>
>>148898489

I'm 12 and what is this?
>>
>>148905873
Fail on scan missions were removed with 2.1
>>
>>148873479
>>148875693

AIs also still don't know how to deal with unusual resistances, so they'll favor their thermal weapons while your shields are up and kinetic when they're down. Even if you're running thermal resistance on your boosters and kinetic resist on your HRPs.
>>
>>148905287
you need to at least say that you smoked 10kg of some weed
we dont even know what's going to be in 2.2(excluding spaceface maker) and NMS is like 3 and a half weeks away
>>148908831
it's the image that's in this sound >>148891643
>>
>>148882726

Considering how fast that moon seeps across the planet I'm surprised the entire forward surface doesn't look like the bug-spattered grill of a transport truck.
>>
>>148910095
Don't they just attack with whatever they've got mounted? I've never noticed switching. Though it is rare to drop shields, so maybe I just never noticed.
>>
>>148910557

That'd be a pretty hilarious easter egg.
Have the entire front of the moon covered in shipwrecks and ship graveyards. Have a junker base on it where you can take scrap missions and try to pull materials off the ships.
>>
>>148911258

You can see it in action by watching the hunters and po-po in normal RES. They'll be mostly lasers until the target's shields are down and then it's all multicannons.

AIs will still fire their kinetics or even missiles while your shields are up if they have cap or heat capacity to spare (or have few/no thermal weps in the first place), but they definitely favor one over the other depending on the target's shields.
>>
>>148908529
I tried to Google for answers and only found vague stuff, so sorry for all the questions. Is just one needed, or is there a specific amount?
>>
>>148911647
Huh, neat, I never noticed. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>boom time delivery of 4 units of hydrogen fuel
>paid almost 200k
>fuel is "unique"

I dont think this is fuel.
>>
>slowly pulling out of station
>at back of station
>blink
>airlock now really close
>what
>remember that video of the station spining around and killing everyone
>boost boost nope boost boost nope nope friendship drive etc
>>
File: docking request denied.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
docking request denied.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>148913424

:3
>>
>>148913479

Is there a name for it? The fear of huge objects spinning like that? Freaks me the fuck out.
>>
>>148911661
Honestly I'm not too sure myself, I only know the vague details from shitposting here but I think you just need one
>>
>>148914283
Megalophobia. Qualifies whether moving or not.
>>
>>148913479

I hate seeing this video. Is it just me or does the game look much better than what it does in game? There's something about it but I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>148915424

The video is pre-consolization.
>>
File: 1467149162512.png (615KB, 402x593px) Image search: [Google]
1467149162512.png
615KB, 402x593px
>>148915424
The UI used to be a good deal more gritty, back in earlier iterations of the game.

Can't really say I miss it, man.

I still can't drop in on a Farragut being raped by a Majestic and try to save the day with my buddies, though. what the fuck frontier
>>
File: LOL.jpg (371KB, 2744x756px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
371KB, 2744x756px
LOL
>>
>>148914283
Man, read up on the science behind pulsars
>>
File: OCsDIGu.jpg (2MB, 3500x2444px) Image search: [Google]
OCsDIGu.jpg
2MB, 3500x2444px
>>148915658
>still cant destroy a capship
>it just jumps away when it takes too much damage
>>
>>148916076

Pulsars are scary regardless.
>>
File: gold grin.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
gold grin.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>148916053
>>
File: gold grin.png (603KB, 594x575px) Image search: [Google]
gold grin.png
603KB, 594x575px
>>148916053
>>
File: 20160429174218_1.jpg (487KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160429174218_1.jpg
487KB, 2560x1440px
>>148916272
Why would you want to destroy a capital when you could just snuggle up intimately with it, anon?

I think the idea might be that at zero, the capital ship is simply too damaged to continue operations, but being anything but a standard hull they can just fuck off more or less at the last second as shit really begins to hit the fan inside

this isn't an excuse and i'd love to see some of these big assets getting absolutely popped, eventually; hopefully having repercussions. we need the ability to knock out its warp core, maybe such an act would induce a serious response to try and save the capital.
>>
File: 1467060265996.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1467060265996.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>>148916769
>>148916272

I have played this game for 350 hours and have yet to see a capital ship.
>>
>>148916053
I would be unbelievably hyped for this if it was multiplayer, but a SP procedurally generated universe seems as boring as playing E:D in solo mode.
>>
>>148916053
>>148917193
So, it's literally better than Elite, eitherway, because Elite is dead even with Multiplayer.
>>
>>148917193

You say that as if playing ED with other people is any more fun. This is one of the few games I've played where the multiplayer is just as boring as singleplayer.
>>
>>148917193
This.

>game would be the perfect coop explorer with a friend or two
>Can't do it because "ehhh we're not destiny ehhhh we're not really about that"
>>
>>148917301
E:D still has the possibility of becoming good, however remote. NMS will always be SP. Still gonna pick it up if videos /streams make it look fun. Maybe wait for a sale though.

Hey, we hit bum limit. Who's gonna make the new thread? I call not it.
>>
>>148917626

new thread
Thread posts: 760
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.