/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & Dead Communities General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 137

File: fuck.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
He Creates A Desert and Calls It Stellaris
Collectors Edition

>Stellaris OP
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0 [Embed]

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Unambitious Warscore Demands: >>147905302
>>
>148126986
You should change it to having a tier 2 bonus instead. Your zero-cost traits have merit, but the bonus should still be felt. Consider applying random chance with meagre returns. You'll get a "Huh" factor and that's all you need.
>>
>>148152190
Guy who asked about stellaris vs distant worlds here. I went ahead and bought Stellaris since it was cheaper... I'm getting just about one day every second on the fastest speed. Is this by any measure 'good'? "Normal" and "Fast" seem to go about the same speed to me. Other than that I'm not noticing the usual Paradox lag (Crusader Kings II, HoIIV, Victoria, EUIV, etc), and aside from some slowdowns the menu seems pretty fluid. Mind you that this is on version 1.0.0, and the patch is downloading right now.
>>
>>148143597
Could be two very much stylized fasces.

Well, actually, not the fascces but just the axes minus the fasces.

But I guess horse ass is fine, too.
>>
>>148152717
>I'm getting just about one day every second on the fastest speed. Is this by any measure 'good'?
pretty sure speed is capped regardless of your PC's performance
>>
>>148152717
Just patch it.

I had that problem in 1.0, but with 1.1 and later it runs fast enough on fast or very fast, even in lategame in a 1000 star galaxy.
>>
>>148152717
>I went ahead and bought Stellaris since it was cheaper...
you fucked up anon
>>
Some mod recommendations if I want to turn my stellaris game into battle tech?
>>
Anyone play endless legend in here?

If so, is the latest expansion worth it?
>>
>>148157434
Worth what? Money? If you're a pirate definitely download it, it only improves the game IMO. If you want to buy it, I guess that depends on your financial situation, you can buy it on sale I guess

Talking about Shifters right? They haven't released a new expansion after that, yet?
>>
/4xg/ Discord!
Come join!

https://discord.gg/hwVSS
>>
>>148157634
I'm just wondering if it's like Brave New World and it added a bunch of good stuff that made the game significantly better or of it's just weather effects and a shit faction.
>>
File: 1467741187667.jpg (325KB, 872x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1467741187667.jpg
325KB, 872x1224px
>>
>>148160929
I'll roll
>>
>>148160929

rolling nigga
>>
What should my research priorities be in Stellaris? I just got the game, and I've basically focused entirely on unlocking destroyers and getting new ship parts. Am I doing this right?
How much science output should I be shooting for in the earlygame? These techs are rolling by painfully slowly, and I feel like I'm getting outpaced hard.
>>
>>148164040

Are you expanding hard? More planets = more research cost

Wich in time should be offset by the new science labs.
>>
>>148164558
How hard is expanding hard? I colonized a nearby planet and have maybe two or three frontier outposts.
>>
>>148164837
Whats the year, I think the guide line is your first colony by 2208, your second by 2013 or something similar.

If people don't comment on your mod, how the hell can I improve it? Just wing it?
>>
>>148160929
Steam rollin'
>>
>need to actually try to keep up on hard rather than steamrolling everything
neato

should keep me entertained for a while longer then
>>
>>148160929
rollan
>>
File: molluscoid.png (65KB, 499x301px) Image search: [Google]
molluscoid.png
65KB, 499x301px
How do you monitor war score in Stellaris?
>>
>>148171340
>How do you monitor war score in Stellaris?
it's on the bottom right of your galaxy screen?
>>
File: 1304609244127.jpg (29KB, 722x415px) Image search: [Google]
1304609244127.jpg
29KB, 722x415px
>yfw some alien FUCK decides to settle in the middle of your empire
>>
Civilization 6 is looking like a pretty good game desu. I'm much more optimistic for it than I was about CiV.
>>
Are you guys okay with the fact that energy is the main bottleneck in planetary/military expansion? Because to be quite frank, I'm not okay with it.

It feels like the mineral income was balanced around constantly rebuilding ships and/or replacing building as your empire's priorities change. But the thing is that as warmonger-friendly as this game is, constant warfare to the point of requiring complete fleet rebuild is rare, and replacing buildings to meet demand is a stupid idea given the ludicrously slow construction speed. The only time I've found myself starved for minerals was when three empires wardec'd me at once, and that was mainly because I had no dedicated "minerals only" planet to begin with.

Really, buildings in general needs to have their energy cost reduced severely or generator output needs to be improved significantly. Hell, I'd even be okay with being able to replace one building with another of same tier as long as you have the tech for it.
>>
>>148171641
Thanks. Shit is small.
>>
>>148175434
You can just dump your excess minerals onto AIs for energy whenever your short, so unless you're totally isolated diplo wise, it's not much of a limit.
>>
>>148173582
a lot of people are. the only thing I see people bitching about now is the graphics, unlike civ 5 where people bitched about the lack of features
>>
>>148160929
>literally 50% of the time I random I get japan
>this will probably be japan too
>my captcha has a star of david in it
>>
>>148173582
>>148176323
>civ VI
>now even more casual

Are you guys serious?
>>
I don't suppose anyone has good loadouts for their ships in Stellaris? I tend to make a few variations of each weapon type coupled with some point defence for each ship type. But I'm not sure if Its optimal.
>>
>>148178314
>england
>archipelago
>diplomatic
does this mean I kill everyone with ships of the line until I'm the only person left who can vote?
>>
>>148178352
how so?
>>
>>148159471
>of it's just weather effects and a shit faction.
It's a few new mechanics that don't have any bearing on the game, but mostly that part there
>>
>>148160929
hit me
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11_17-23-58.png (2MB, 1448x934px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11_17-23-58.png
2MB, 1448x934px
this guy keep s being a dick wad. He set up a city between mine blocking it off completely. Like I can't connect to my place anymore.
>>
>>148178460
In civ IV on harder difficulites, you had to think when choosing your tech. Wrong choice could fuck up your entire game.

Now even that will be choosen by the game for you. You cannot even lose by fucking up your tech priorities.

I would also argue that new worker system is more casual friendly then the old one.
>>
>>148178934
>Now even that will be choosen by the game for you.

chosen is the wrong word, i meant "solved by the game"
>>
I dig the workers have charges so you don't have some eternal slave for thousands of years, but I don't like the instant build times. Maybe 1/2/3/4 turn builds on quick through to marathon speed
>>
>>148178934
well, I wouldnt really say that, I'd say its different. techs are now spread across culture and science, so now a science based civ wont dominate like in civ 5. the eurekas seem a bit much to be able to just halve times, but the techs might take a while to research normally and they might get really difficult later on (not just building a mine or chopping down a tree or whatever.)
workers are a bit more casual, maybe? but I think they're just different. space matters a lot more because of districts, and the charges mean that you cant just fill up your territories with farms and whatnot, and then replace them easily with districts later. you have to constantly be building fresh workers, taking up production. im not a fan of the instant build times but oh well. also them removing worker automation means that it might be less casual friendly because shitters are going to be stuck more on what they want to do, instead of just letting the ai handle it. (and yea, a lot of people used automation)
>>
Why does everyone love civilization series so much? It doesn't seem like a particularly special 4x game. The combat sysetm is so boring I've never been able to get into it
>>
>>148152717

I actually just reinstalled Distant Worlds Universe after playing Stellaris. First played Distant Worlds around its release date. So much better than Stellaris in my opinion, but Paradox games need a lot of time to become a full game. We'll see
>>
All I want from civ 6 is a competent AI that doesn't settle dumpster 1 tile tundra island cities 10 turns from the end of the game, or try to jew you over on every trade because 1:1 on luxuries you both have duplicates on is not fair or something, or harass you with endless prophets even after you ask them to stop, then get grumpy when you attack any prophets he sends into your lands or towards your city state allies.
>>
>>148178934
I'm not seeing an argument. There is still a tech tree.
>>
>>148179374
Because of the leaders.
You can see it with Beyond Earth, basically an identical game but the leaders are fictional people that have no story, and no one talks about it.
>>
>>148179374
A. its a normie game.
B. it has a lot of personality.
C. easy to get into.
>>
>>148179374
It was the original
>>
File: sudetenland.jpg (23KB, 430x327px) Image search: [Google]
sudetenland.jpg
23KB, 430x327px
>>148178856

I think you know exactly what you have to do.
>>
>>148180793
Germany was really pretty before ww2
>>
>play Stellaris
>save some of the pre-made races and put them into the game
>make custom races
>make custom homeworld names
>save vanilla homeworld names

>get into the game, and the races suddenly have [star name] + [Roman numeral] as their home planet name

Is this a bug, or did I dun goof something?
>>
>>148181871

You're really pretty now
>>
>>148181876
you prob goofed somewhere
>>
>>148183151
I know, I lost a shit ton of weight and the beard I grew looks pretty damn badass
>>
>>148184112

dont say that when I'm just thinking about cutting all of mine now
>>
File: matriarchy.jpg (261KB, 1034x1412px) Image search: [Google]
matriarchy.jpg
261KB, 1034x1412px
>tfw conquering the galaxy as a race of space qts
>>
>>148184112

I'll lend-lease you 5 tigers if you let me nest in your beard
>>
>>148187108
There's a mod that gives that portrait slightly larger eyes, I think it's the one you're using, the clothes are the same.
I don't know why, but that tiny change makes me go hnnnng

I think it's the look of disdain in her face
>>
When was the last Civ game to have Teddy R.?
>>
>>148187938
Do you have it? Mine hasn't got larger eyes but would want?
>>
>>148189594
It's very slight, I can't even tell if the eyes are larger, or it's a bit more makeup
Are you using the German portraits mod? That's the one I'm talking about

The difference between them is is phenotype, you can notice between 4 and 5, I think
>>
If Civ 6 doesn't have Vermin Supreme I'm suing Sid and everyone here
>>
File: stellaris portraits.jpg (21KB, 359x222px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris portraits.jpg
21KB, 359x222px
>>148189934
Here's a comparison
I think they're cute
Paradox should invest more in space waifus
CK2 would definitely be better if the portraits were cute
>>
>>148152190
>be OP of last thread
>don't make OP
>thread dies without new thread link
Wew
>>
>>148192281
lol holy shit the bigger eyes makes her look retarded. Like she's the opposite of crossed eyed or something. Her right iris is too far left (our left). Bigger eyes would look better if she had a smile or something I think.

My mod was the Separate Humans mod some anon from here made.

Was it the Imperial German Portraits mod? Think I have that
>>
>>148192984
I was just checking, and the eyes are the sheboon's. It might be that what I thought was mascara was a darker skin tone, since it was made for the black woman. I think they look fine.

Yes, that's the one
>>
File: Symbol.png (49KB, 162x182px) Image search: [Google]
Symbol.png
49KB, 162x182px
So, I'm currently playing the following:
>Traits: Industrious, Thrifty, Sedentary, Slow Breeders.
>Ethos: Fanatic Spiritualist, Collectivist.
>Government: Plutocratic Oligarchy.

Fanatic Spiritualist removes the Slow Breeders penalty, and I get a +20% income on Energy and Minerals, along with a -25% cost in Mining Stations. Collectivist allows me to enslave, relocate, and purge divergent pops, should any occur despite my significant bonus to conformity.

My question is, how do Sectors handle slavery? If they handle it well enough, should I exchange Slow Breeders for Decadent?

Additionally, does anyone know what the icon that I've posted means? I get the symbolism behind the laurel of wheat, but what are the two mirrored shapes in the center?
>>
I seriously regret not taking the ability to enslave or purge people. Putting up with unhappy people is so stupidly hard.
>>
>>148193874
>identifying your empire as a horse's ass

Sectors enslave anyone if it will produce a higher resource yield I think. So basically all minerals/farms will have someone enslaved on it. They won't address faction issues or anything.
>>
>>148195091
it's such a pain when orbital mind control and edicts and -%ethics divergence buildings and +%happiness buildings don't work.
>>
>>148195230
Oh, that's fantastic; so I won't need to worry about the happiness penalty of Decadent, and the Fanatic Spiritualism will help create new pops faster.

Thank you!

>identifying your empire as a horse's ass

Yeah, yeah; I'll go with the bull's head symbol.
>>
>>148195349
>don't work
do all of those things just don't work?
>>
>>148196246
The happiness buildings do but the ethics divergence stuff just never seems to change my pops. I will never not go collectivist because you cant get rid of pops with different ethics any other way.
>>
Despotic Empire or Plutocratic Oligarchy?

>>148197207
Going individualist is suicide; it's ridiculous that you can't enforce your will on your population.
>>
>>148197268
>Going individualist is suicide
exactly. It's bizarre how often an individualist empire will produce pops that have non individualist ethics. It's like they want less freedom.
>>
>>148197464
>We're so devoted to the ideals of freedom and liberty that we demand that you enslave us RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>148197464
I have a tribute that loves being my tribute
>>
>>148178458
Yes. The solution is to always kill everyone.
>>
>>148189116
None, I think? I also checked civ wiki but can't found any game with Teddy in it, except for Civ VI
>>
File: 1459694005144.jpg (40KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1459694005144.jpg
40KB, 427x427px
>>148198351
Patrician detected.
>>
>Tfw purging a species for the first time
>Click X

Damn. Does this make make me soft? I don't know why, but I suddenly felt bad for committing genocide on individuals who really had no hand in the war. The conflicting belief is that I want to keep my race/nation pure.
>>
>>148199016
>Does this make make me soft?
yes.
>>
>>148199016
Your weakness will poison your people.

You owe no allegiance to aliens. They evolved under different circumstances, they do not think like you do. They consume resources that would be better utilized by your species and serve only as a roadblock on the path to greatness.
>>
File: Hitler_1928_crop.jpg (576KB, 1600x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_1928_crop.jpg
576KB, 1600x1900px
>>148199287
>>148199171
You're right. I let my emotions momentarily interfere with the greatness of my species. Thank you for enlightening me, bruders. Deus Veult!
>>
>>148199474
Hitler was an idiot that lost the war for his people.

He shouldn't serve as an inspiration to anyone, least of all to nationalists.
>>
File: humiliate yourself.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
humiliate yourself.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
what did he mean by this?
>>
Have they fixed the screen size problem with aurora yet? I've been waiting for it to be payable on my laptop.
>>
do Tachyon Lances count as Energy Weapons?
>>
>>148202471
No, they count as missiles
>>
>>148202471
They surely do pal. It is explained quite clearly is the weapon description as well. Maybe reading isn't your forte.
>>
>>148202748
I was wondering because I was researching those tech that gave +5% to damage and rate of fire but my military power wasn't going up
>>
How the fuck is it that I have a Hyperlane only game and my enemies are discovering psi Jump Drives

certain AI has the prereqs for the psi jump drive but other AI also has the psi jump drive despite not having ANY of the requirements for it.

I keep going to war with these bastards and I can't seem to discover the drives in the wreckage to research it at all
>>
>>148203197
Oh, might be a bug, either not adding the damage at all or not updating the numbers from it. Maybe test out with other tech if you can be bothered?
>>
>>148203374
anyone can get jump drives I thought?
>>
>>148203576
I have the game set to Hyperlane only but Psi Jump Drive is the only other drive technology I can find in this.
>>
>>148203670
Psi techs are their own special sub tree unlocked by ethos,. that's probably why.
Are the people with the Psi drives all Spiritual by any chance..?
>>
>>148203942
2 of them are but this other one has none of the requisits which is making me really question if this is a big
>>
>>148204060
Is the other one of the same species as one of the spiritual empires? They might have rebelled from ethics divergence after the tech was researched.
>>
>>148204060
What are the prerequisites for it, apart from highest level of drive tech researched? I thought it was just down to RNG and that spiritualists get a higher chance and materialists get a lower chance of getting it
>>
>>148204163
Its a major empire in very late game, they're still in power and haven't had an ethics change

They are a Collectivist but they don't have that 2nd requirement in purple

It appears you have to be some form collectivist or spiritualist.
>>
Civ VI leader reveals are on tuesdays, right? So, how many hours do we have until the new reveal, do any of you know?
>>
>>148201809
I got this "vote yes" and "vote no" shit on declare war when a race was declaring war on me in a previous game.

No matter what I picked, the event would timeout, and then the countdown would start again. The aliens never invaded me, either.

Is it a bug?
>>
>>148204495
I think the populus that wants you to go to war with them will keep asking until they get discouraged
>>
>>148204495
Sounds like more bugs
>>
>>148204649
This game seems to be riddled with them

from military power not being added right to buggy fucking diplomacy.

My alliance ended because me and my alliance buddy defeated a common enemy between us but the moment our territories touched he instantly hated me so much that he dropped alliance then a year later went to war with me
>>
>>148204942
>our weeners touched and he didn't like me anymore
>>
Shoshone. Liberty or tradition? Best victory? They seem fun, and I'd like to play them
>>
>>148205861
Shoshone is one of the versatile civs, you can really do what you want to do with them. Just make sure to have enough of their special scouts to get shitload of ruins
>Liberty or tradition
Depending on your land and your preferred victory. Scout your land for a while and then after choose it
>Best victory
Literally anything you want. Thanks to their scout you can get good early population from ruins which help with pretty much every victory, mostly science. You can get early faith ruins which help religion which greatly helps culture victory. Or you can go domination when their UU comes to play

I usually go science with them. Early population + the ability to grab lands very quick so your city can work the best tiles early really help
>>
>>148205861
Tradition is usually OP but going wide makes better use of their UA, so Liberty is a distinct option.
>>
File: 1468092416706.png (186KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468092416706.png
186KB, 332x512px
Why do all of my planets want to be independent? Is this ethnic divergence or am I just shit?
Also, I should be able to purge the Trans-____ species that pop up regardless of my traits. They're terrorists.
>>
>>148208891
>Is this ethnic divergence
yes, they start getting different idea. i am always militarist,collectivist,spiritualist. and suddenly some asshole in my colony became pacifist, individualist. i purged him immediately.
>>
BIG HAUL
>>
>>148204942
>This game seems to be riddled with them
It definitely was on release. They have fixed a lot tho but since asimov everything just seems unbalanced. There are still bugs to fix of course too and those fucking cucks are on two months holidays
>>
>>148205307
anon, why do you always bring up touching weenies when someone mentions border friction

>>148208891
yup, ethics divergence is way too common and annoying to fix. Only collectivists can purge everyone (xenophobes can purge xenos but not own pops), it's basically a necessity with the current state of the game.
>>
>>148211625
>ethics divergence is way too common and annoying to fix.
So much this.

I tried playing as pacifist individualists, and LONG before I managed to get to the entertainment park and paradise dome to stop everyone from being unhappy all the time, half my pops decided to be militarists or collectivists or whatever and be even more unhappy.
>>
>>148197464
>It's like they want less freedom.
welcome to the real world
>>
File: yes.jpg (63KB, 788x234px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
63KB, 788x234px
Post your favourite civ5 leader and why.

Japan cause samurais are cool
>>
>>148213064
isabella because i want her to sit on my face
>>
File: Kamehameha_(Goku).jpg (31KB, 450x244px) Image search: [Google]
Kamehameha_(Goku).jpg
31KB, 450x244px
>>148213064
kamehameha
>>
File: 20160712040517_1.jpg (742KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160712040517_1.jpg
742KB, 1920x1080px
siege towers are fuckin nutso. its almost industrial era and they are still doing work. pumping up my musket to 40 power.
>>
>be militarist
>get a whopping 0.4 influence from rivalries from 4(current max) closest empires
How do you want your influence senpai?
>>
>>148181876

Its a feature. You have to make a prescribed system for them if you want the names to stick.
>>
Can you kill pre-sentient species who are on a delicious planet you want?
>>
File: Nebuchadanezzar_II_(Civ5).jpg (899KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nebuchadanezzar_II_(Civ5).jpg
899KB, 1920x1080px
>>148213064
Neb, he was based as hell and a great man

>>148214171
Whatever are you're in, always have a few siege towers unupgraded, that bonus is too great to lose

I last played Assyria a while ago, IIRC there was a trick about them. I think if you embarked a siege tower, you could actually put naval units on the same tile and they would still give bonus to both naval and land units nearby. So they can't be attacked and give 50% bonus to every unit nearby, makes them great

Also another tip, when I was playing Assyria I didn't annex/puppet cities, I simply razed them because of their UA. IIRC, their UA gives you one tech for one city, so if you conquer a city and then lose it and conquer it again you don't get a tech, but if you raze it and other civs settle the same city again, you still get the tech when you conquer it. And seeing how expansionist the AI is that tactic works great, you can become the best civ in the game in really short time as Assyrians
>>
>first DoW III
>and now Civ 6
Cartoon graphics a shit
>>
File: mex feds 10.jpg (403KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
mex feds 10.jpg
403KB, 1440x900px
>>148126972

CONT.

So we couldn't vassalize the bharatis, we were missing a mere 15 points, so if you cant go against them, join them!. We have now formed a federation with the Americans, the Euros and the Bharatis.

The Dharma foundation and the Heaven's mandate have expanded explosively in the galactic west and have now cockblocked the brasilians who where trying to start again after the mandate took their homeworld.

Our migration treaties have bear fruit now, and there are mexicans living in 5 empires now, either by direct migration, or triangulated.

https://mega.nz/#!BcERWBgJ!ljq8970l712ge_3N4POrW5j1exICbmbSyYLCSDILK6g

New link for a new thread though.
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
File: mex feds 11.jpg (419KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
mex feds 11.jpg
419KB, 1440x900px
>>148215926

Forgot to add, that after forming the federation, our fist act as founder president was to 'liberate' more nigerian planets. We learned from our past mistakes and this time we only liberated two, wich were easily vassalized then.

On other news, the malays have crushed (unsurprisingly) the fanatic pacifists transafricans are now one of the lasgest civilizations ever.

The bolivarians (south americans) jumped on the bandwagon and took the transafrican homeworld for themselves.

The yayois have started conquering too, the pacifist way, integrating their alien subjects, a king of concious fungal infection. I'm trying not to judge.
>>
>>148160929
i am grumpy and was supposed to get a week off of work but some affirmative action hire quit after working only 2 weeks and now i have to work again so rolling
>>
>>148216634
I am even grumpier I literally just finished a game as maya rerolling
>>
>>148213064
Kind of like ethiopia. Stele is cool, nice UA for tall, neat unit.
>>
>>148214861
If your policies allow it, you can uplift them and then purge, I guess.

But uplifted species are a great asset, just killing them is rather wasteful.
And it turns you into a gigantic asshole.
>Hey, welcome to sentience!
>And now to the death camps!
>>
>>148160929

c''mon
>>
Is it worth trying to move your first settler around at the start of the game to try and get a better position for your starting city, or should you just plop down the settler where he stands?

For Civ V.
>>
>>148178934
>Now even that will be choosen by the game for you. You cannot even lose by fucking up your tech priorities.
I think that's wrong, it's more like you'll get obliterated if you try to choose techs that aren't suited to your own strengths.
>>
>>148199668
Hitler committed the worst warcrime of all though.
>>
>>148192984
Haha. I made this mod. It please me that you still use it.
It works with 1.2?
>>
Haven't played stellaris since release

Is happiness still best build? Does Corvette+evasion spam still work? Is missile/torpedo still the best weapon set? Do Prethoryns still get rekt by point defense systems?
>>
>>148221436
>no, it get nerfed
>nope, nerfed
>nope, to slow
>yep
>>
>>148197464
Isn't that pretty much true to the real world, what with people demanding dissenting opinions be silenced?
>>
>>148220068
If you can get it to a near river, near mountain and/or on hills start in 1-3 turns do it. If you think you can find a wonder in first 10 turns as Spain, do it. Otherwise don't do it imo, first turns are the most important and you don't want to waste time there. Speaking about Standart speed of course
>>
>>148217552
>But uplifted species are a great asset
really? why? Do they join your empire and add your planet to yours or is it a separate empire?
>>
>>148221729
yeah, im still fairly new to the game, so i have just been playing on Prince with a small map and Pangea.
Thanks for the response though.
So far Shoshone is my favorite Civ, though i have only played like 5 out of the 40+ that are available.
>>
>>148192281
I'm disappointed there's no Star Trek race of space babes.

It's not like the fucking fox people or platypus people are any more plausible.
>>
>>148221367
The Imperial German Portraits mod?
It's well made, the military uniforms are really nice. Did you make them yourself, or got them from somewhere?

It works just fine in 1.2.1. I don't think it'll ever break, unless Paradox changes something about portraits and empire creation.
>>
>>148221886
If you uplift them, the planet becomes yours.

And the uplifted species gets a pretty big happiness bonus (20%?) while they live under your rule, because you uplifted them.

And finally, you get a species whose ethics you can pretty much tailor to what you want and maybe they can settle planets for you that you'd otherwise have to terraform first (or that would require you to genemod your own settlers).

Though if you already want their planet, the latter point might not be the case.
>>
>>148193874
>does anyone know what the icon that I've posted means?

see
>>148154148
>Could be two very much stylized fasces.

>Well, actually, not the fascces but just the axes minus the fasces.

>But I guess horse ass is fine, too.
>>
>>148221436

Point defense + Artillery
>>
I have just finished my first Civilization V campaign, should I install this collection of mods
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034
?
>>
>>148160929
eyoson roll for reroll
>>
>>148220447
>Hitler committed the worst warcrime of all though.

Failure to win the war?
>>
>>148225708
Artillery? Why?
>>
Rate:
>Traits: Industrious, Thrifty; Decadent, Sedentary.
>Ethos: Fanatic Spiritualist, Collectivist.
>Government: Plutocratic Oligarchy.
>Nuclear Missiles, Wormholes.
>>
>>148152190
>https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
can someone make a torrent out of this or something?

Mega link doesn't work for me because the total filesize is too big
>>
>>148230036
>Mega link doesn't work for me because the total filesize is too big

Is this not solved by getting the mega browser add-on? You can just disable/delete it after you're done anyway.
>>
>>148226604

Anybody?
>>
>>148229417
Yes. The worst crime in war is to lose, because then you won't even be around to defend your choices and actions while your enemies will be around to defend theirs.
>>
>>148223709
thanks senpai. Uplifted them anyway to find out what happens and the happiness boost is really helpful playing as a militarist.
>>
>>148223660
Not that one.
Separate humans +stolen clothes version and martiarchy one.
>>
File: 1468163196193.gif (199KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1468163196193.gif
199KB, 396x396px
>>148223709
>tfw you settled lizard people's planets
>tfw they attacked your hq
>can't purge them because traits
>uplift them
>They whine until they get independence
>gib independence
>they hate me even more
Serious, why does having a larger military than your vassals/protectorates give you a negative modifier? Is this a bug?
>>
if fighter jets can destroy missiles AND damage ships, why use point defense at all? Flak?
>>
>>148231243
Fighter jets can be shot down, flak can't
>>
>>148231243
you get small moutns as part of hangar sections anyway, so you might as well just load up pd
>>
>no flat diplomacy bonus as humans when dealing with another human nation

why would the united nations of earth be anything but overjoyed when they see that the commonwealth of man made it in space?
>>
>>148232730
Are people born on the Moon aliens or earthlings?
>>
>>148233410
For all intents they would be a sub species of humans just like blacks are.
>>
>C-3PO planet name

ebin xdd
>>
>>148233410
Human, but effectively speaking there simply isn't a penalty from 'ugliness' as humans would see it - the culture gap would be unfathomably enormous.
>>
>>148233410
Moon is American territory, so they are americans
>>
>>148235114
It will be chinese soon enough
>>
>>148235114
>>148235238
It's Divine territory.
>no population
>can't play a race with like 400 members but easily a match for 400 billion humans
>can't play as a god among men
At least CK2 is adding immortality.
>>
>>148229496

You can hit them several times before they even begin to launch the missiles. The scourge ships are all bigger than cruisers so you dont have to really care about evasion, only firepower + range
>>
>>148235420
>At least CK2 is adding immortality.
It already was in. As mods, yeah, but it was in. And it was okay.

Anyway, I'd like you people to suggest me a few names for a few militaristic xenophobics empires for Stellaris. I want to make bad guys.
I thought about "Space Nazi Imperium", but it sounds silly.
>>
>>148160929
This is dope. Rolling
>>
>>148237069
>bad guys
Not possible and the game is too shallow anyway.
>it was already in
Yeah but for example I expect a character with the immortal trait to be immune to aging graphics, sex appeal opinion modifier loss, or menopause so I can remain the qt hyperslut with 100+ all-around stats forever.

If you really want to, name yourself Celestial Domain and make your ruler title King of Kings or some shit.
>>
>>148237069
What about Galactic/Firmament Reichskommissariat?
>>
>>148237484
That would do, I guess.

>>148237332
I just want opponents I can crush without remorse.
It's easier to slaughter an empire named "Evil McMoustache" than an empire named "Fuzzy Cute Kittens Protectorat".
>>
File: e96.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
e96.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
>>148237634
>It's easier to slaughter an empire named "Evil McMoustache" than an empire named "Fuzzy Cute Kittens Protectorat".

>not the opposite
>>
File: Me55w42.gif (2MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Me55w42.gif
2MB, 350x263px
>>148237776
>he would kill this
You monster.
>>
>>148237634
>It's easier to slaughter an empire named "Evil McMoustache" than an empire named "Fuzzy Cute Kittens Protectorat".
"Evil" empires are only evil because they're in your way and don't align with your interests. That's almost literally the definition of Evil.
>>
>>148237954
Do not suffer the xeno to live
>>
File: Euthanasie.jpg (23KB, 279x356px) Image search: [Google]
Euthanasie.jpg
23KB, 279x356px
>>148237954
>deformed cat
>>
>>148238117
>>148238127
>not adopting space pets
>>
>>148238253
I'd like to be the pet of a spess alien given it has tentacles and is lewd
>>
>>148238253
>building zoos instead of monuments to purity
>>
>>148238458
>living on alpha centauri
>>
>>148238532
Alpha Centauri isn't in the game by the way. That star is Proxima Centauri, Alpha centauri is bigger than the sun while Beta Centauri is a little smaller, not fucktiny red dwarf
>>
>>148238943
They could've made a nice reference instead of these "Lando System" and shit.
>>
>>148152190
New discord invite, plox
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
File: logh54.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
logh54.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>148239136
There are a couple of nice references
>>
File: german_world_map1.jpg (27KB, 354x276px) Image search: [Google]
german_world_map1.jpg
27KB, 354x276px
>>148160929
Jimmy rawlins
>>
Hey, guys.

So, I've switched over to Regulated Slavery to placate my plebian population, but they're giving me red numbers on the tiles and it says that they're still gaining support -- they're up to 55%.

What's going on; I thought that going Regulated would calm them down?
>>
>>148239970
Yes, but not completely.
>>
>>148239970

Would you be calmed down?
>>
>>148240678
I'd gladly get used as a sexual slave.
>>
File: 1467171690026.png (106KB, 232x328px) Image search: [Google]
1467171690026.png
106KB, 232x328px
>>148241089
Slutty one aren't we
>>
>>148235006
>the culture gap would be unfathomably enormous
it wouldn't, really

not any bigger than the spaniards encountering the maya or aztecs
>>
>>148241956
I just don't want to die a virgin and end up used by muslims in Heaven.
>>
File: 1467740226834.jpg (145KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467740226834.jpg
145KB, 400x400px
>>148242032
And that culture gap is unfathomably enormous, your point? The only bigger gap is between two species with entirely different morals on the instinctive level.
Even today there's a massive fucking culture gap between shit like Japan and China and Vietnam and Korea or between the US and Britain.

>>148242114
And to that end you'd rather be used by them in life?
>>
>>148242281
At least ayyyys don't have beards.
>>
>>148241956
>>148242281
Gudako go back to find a way for emulators to work
>>
File: infested.jpg (148KB, 1247x854px) Image search: [Google]
infested.jpg
148KB, 1247x854px
>>148237634
>I just want opponents I can crush without remorse.
try these

now I just wish there was a graphic options for most races with those fungal spores coming out of them
>>
>>148242932
Gross.

I look forward to blasting them.
>>
>>148237069
Galactic Platter
Conquer species and eat/purge them
>>
>>148242281
>And that culture gap is unfathomably enormous, your point?
pretty sure by going back to an actual real life example from history I can fathom the enormity of the culture gap famalam
>>
File: TimeToGatcha.jpg (217KB, 740x824px) Image search: [Google]
TimeToGatcha.jpg
217KB, 740x824px
>>148242636
Gudako doesn't care about emufags
Gudako will suck your dick for one quartz
did they actually kill emulators
>>
>>148243165
How do I get the AI to do that? Decadent and Xenophobic?
>>
>>148242281
>massive fucking culture gap between ... Japan and China and Vietnam and Korea

I've known plenty of Chinese who have travelled to those other countries and made friends. You might have had a better case pre-globalisation or in respect to fringe groups on either end.
>>
>>148231138
If you invade other empires, or just have a huge military; the other nearby empires will get spooked.

I had a friendly empire near me that I had been nice to; but after I invaded another empire, they suddenly got the "they see you as a threat" modifier that gave them -20 opinion of me.
>>
>>148243860
>gave them -20 opinion of me.
it was more like -90 for me

but it goes away slowly
>>
>>148243765
Yeah and ancient Greeks have gone to Persia and made friends. A culture gap doesn't imply unbridgeable on a personal level, it's nationwide and there are plenty of mismatched customs, quirks, acceptable jokes / reactions and stuff.
>>
>>148243458
>did they actually kill emulators
yes, the game crashes if you use one
>>
if I uplift a race, why doesn't their home planet count toward the direct planet control cap? it was 4/5 before I uplifted and it still is, but the planet is under my control
>>
>>148244524
Good fucking job DW, I'm finally free although I'll keep lurking fgog for waifu pictures.
>>
>I found a Gaia world not controlled by a fallen empire.

Nice.
>>
New Stellaris DLC

Plantoids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9vT7Axs-E

The Species Pack will contain fifteen new portraits, an original cityscape backdrop, and stunning new ship models. Watch this space for more news about that soon!
>>
>>148217358
>ethiopia
>play tall
pfft
>>
>>148245930
PARADOOOOXXXXXX
>>
>>148245930

>glaring issues with 50% of the game
>so many options to improve depth and complexity of the game
>plant men DLC

it's not my first ride on the rodeo, I know how paradox dlc works but every time I'm surprised
>>
>>148245930
>plant faces DLC
Sasuga
>>
>>148245930
Weren't those faggots on vacation right now?
>>
>>148245124
yeah but >12
>settling anything below 16
>>
>>148246496

they're on vacation when it comes to free content, anon :^)
>>
>>148245930
>an original cityscape backdrop
The one which was in the base game and you can unlock with mods?
>>
>>148243492
Xenophobic militarist. I can't see something that wants to eat other species as anything short of fanatical purifiers. Move to one planet, "eat" all the species. Butchered, frozen, and stored. Move to the next one and continue.
>>
>>148245930
ships actually look pretty good
>>
File: O5u6JgN.jpg (60KB, 582x505px) Image search: [Google]
O5u6JgN.jpg
60KB, 582x505px
Get guessing those leaders.
>>
>>148251018
civfanatics must be obsessing all over that pic now, gotta check its thread
>>
>>148251018
>>148251450
>Philip II for Spain
Is "the empire on which the sun never sets," coming back home?
>>
>>148251018
>>148251450
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/4shvjg/a_blurry_desperate_look_at_all_22_vanilla_deluxe/
A1 - America - Theodor Roosevelt A2 - Arabia - Saladin A3 - Aztec - Montezuma A4 - Brazil - Pedro II A5 - China - Qin Shi Huang
B1 - Egypt - Cleopatra B2 - England - Victoria B3 - France - Henry IV B4 - Germany - Barbarossa B5 - Country with name between Germany-Greece
C1 - Greece - Pericles C2 - India - Ghandi C3 - Japan - Hojo C4 - Mali - Mansa Musa C5 - Mongols - Genghis
D1 - Poland - Jadwiga D2 - Rome - ? D3 - Russia - Peter the Great D4 - Country with name between Russia-Scandinavia/Spain D5 - Scandinavia Margaret I?
E1 - Spain - Philip II E2 - Sumeria - Gilgamesh E3 - Zulu cat
>>
File: 11348238423894.png (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
11348238423894.png
116KB, 600x600px
>scientist named Shota Hasegawa
>>
File: BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.jpg (64KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.jpg
64KB, 500x677px
>>148251018
>>148252340
From the low quality, Rome reminds me of Hadrian
I think there was a screen of a leader who looked similar to?
>>
File: le happy merchant.png (232KB, 384x365px) Image search: [Google]
le happy merchant.png
232KB, 384x365px
>>148252340
Arabia is in but Ottomans aren't, why did they think this was a good idea?

Also Civ VI has pre-order bonuses or deluxe version or whatever? I didn't know this
>>
>>148252748
>>Also Civ VI has pre-order bonuses or deluxe version or whatever? I didn't know this
kinda. it doesnt seem to have any pre-order bonuses yet but on the steam page theres a deluxe edition for 20$ more that gives you a season pass, basically, with 4 dlc packs they're going to make.
>Expand your empire further with the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe which includes the full base game, the 25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack, and access to four post-launch DLC packs* that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount.
>>
A1 - America - Theodor Roosevelt
A2 - Arabia - Saladin
A3 - Aztec - Montezuma
A4 - Brazil - Pedro II
A5 - China - Qin Shi Huang

B1 - Egypt - Cleopatra
B2 - England - Victoria
B3 - France - Henry IV
B4 - Germany - Barbarossa
B5 - Country with name between Germany-Greece

C1 - Greece - Pericles
C2 - India - Ghandi
C3 - Japan - Hojo
C4 - Mali - Mansa Musa
C5 - Mongols - Genghis

D1 - Poland - Jadwiga
D2 - Rome - Trajan
D3 - Russia - Peter the Great
D4 - Country with name between Russia-Scandinavia/Spain
D5 - Scandinavia Margaret I?

E1 - Spain - Philip II
E2 - Sumeria - Gilgamesh
E3 - Cat
>>
>>148252340
>>148253093
>D5 - Scandinavia Margaret I?
The picture looks exactly like this pic of Isabela of Portugal but the placement doesn't fit with the alphabetic order
But then again, the Firaxis pic is low quality and they managed to fuck up some leaders on the past, so it isn't out the question either.
>>
>>148160929
LESDODIS
>>
>>148252545
What I can make out of the hair makes me think Trajan.
>>
>>148253387
Actually, wait.
Isabella would be before Phillip if she was for Spain, but two leaders when others only have one would be silly.
>>
I don't see an option to form an embassy with these penguins. I only have -3 relation score with them. (I scrolled-down the list also, in case you are wondering.)

Is this a bug, or did they remove embassy options in the 1.2 update?

Do you have to research some sociology tech in order to make embassies? I can't remember.

tl;dr: How the fuck do you make an embassy?
>>
File: hnMYf1k.jpg (139KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
hnMYf1k.jpg
139KB, 400x519px
This better?
>>
>>148253948

removed, now you have regular pacts
>>
>>148254042
>no more easy reputation increasing option

Fuck Paradox.
>>
>>148253093
>Persia and Ottomans aren't in it
>They're probably going to put a native american "civ" in B5
I can't even name any significant nation with the name between Germany-Greece, and they take out Persia and Ottomans, doesn't make any sense imo. Why, couldn't find any female leaders for them? I guess Civ games simply don't sell in Turkey or Iran
>>
File: 5aa - Copy.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5aa - Copy.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
How do I make the my Alliance Partners realize that the Unbidden are actually a fucking problem?
>>
File: swedish_merchant_DLC_time.jpg (102KB, 527x440px) Image search: [Google]
swedish_merchant_DLC_time.jpg
102KB, 527x440px
>>148245930
>>
D4 might be Tomyris of the Scythians.
>>
>>148254010
>>148253813
>>148253387
Wait if instead of Philip II is Charles V? Then it will make sense for Isabel of Portugal, The two as a single leader
>>
>>148254613
>I can't even name any significant nation with the name between Germany-Greece
maybe the Golden Horde? or the Great Seljuk Empire? I dunno. just grasping at straws.
>>
File: 1467859409648.jpg (60KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1467859409648.jpg
60KB, 640x1136px
Is there a better way to manage my stellaris mods than the fucking hogwash they have right now?
>>
File: 6qqsgg.jpg (2MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
6qqsgg.jpg
2MB, 2500x2000px
I fucking love civfanatics
>>
File: 1366999322953.png (20KB, 244x192px) Image search: [Google]
1366999322953.png
20KB, 244x192px
>>148245930

You know I see the spooky mysterious angle they go for with the trailers

But stellaris basically has no significant gameplay mechanics that make the universe feel mysterious or threatening, it just becomes methodical

I mean the politics stuff, especially when you throw other human players into the mix is interesting still, as it is with HoI or EU, but the exploration angle they like to go with for Stellaris is just kind of a let down.

I mean with how common and un-unique basically everything is in the generated galaxies, how few unique events there truly is and how the spess aliens are always exactly the same, it's predictable, ultimately while you can make up your own stories with interactions of empires, the base game itself really fails to deliver anything like that.
>>
>>148160929
rollan
>>
File: jeremy kyle.jpg (126KB, 2048x1146px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy kyle.jpg
126KB, 2048x1146px
>>£50 preorder

What a fucking joke.
>>
>>148257206
for the deluxe edition, yea. every game in the history of ever has a special edition with special stuff. or, do you mean the normal game? I dont remember how much the pound has fallen.
>>
File: Elderly_Karl_V.jpg (98KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
Elderly_Karl_V.jpg
98KB, 640x768px
>>148255619
>Alphabetical order
>And then there is France between Spain and Summer
>>
>>148257337
Steam preorder for the regular game is £50.

I doubt the fall in the pound would have resulted in such a drastic fall. Probably Jewraxis cashing in while they can.
>>
File: pounded.png (13KB, 1023x329px) Image search: [Google]
pounded.png
13KB, 1023x329px
>>148257337
>I dont remember how much the pound has fallen.
Nice try, libtard. And it's not how steam prices work anyway.
>>
>>148255408

pls spoon feed me

even a 'yes' or 'no' will suffice
>>
>>148258172
No
>>
>>148257337
>>148257843

steam has final control over pricing, they pay for keys that they sell on to customers

either way steam doesn't actually hike or lower prices if they can ever help it, even if it reduces profit per unit, because it means more volume of sale

that being said, £50 games are not a recent thing but a lot of jew publishers pull that shit. Star Wars Battlefront was a whopping 105 fucking GBP on release for the ultimate edition

Firaxis is known for jewing, not as bad as EA but certainly no angels. Paradox are almost as bad, but their prices aren't QUITE as high.

i'm guessing the pound thing was a joke though
>>
>>148257206
What game?
>>
>>148258992
Civ 6
>>
>>148259227
He is enlightened not by a puny god's blessing, but by his own burning city
>>
>>148230289
>Is this not solved by getting the mega browser add-on? You can just disable/delete it after you're done anyway.
DL keeps freezing anyways.

I'd appreciate an alternative source.
>>
>>148255619
>barbarossa
awwwwww yis
>>
i got a great prophet and it had 5 spreads instead of 4, how is that possible.
>>
>>148253948
>original defense station had a section for 4 small turrets

>upgrade it to 2 medium turrets

>it's technically upgraded, but the appearance is the same (4 small turrets)

This triggers my autism.
>>
>>148264398
I've never in my life built a defense station yet
>>
>>148265262

if you get an absolutely monstrous economy they can make your space more defensible with a smattering of defence stations

especially retarded AI who will end up warping around, straight into a station with a warp inhibitor for one of your fleets to kick the shit out of them

endgame you can start popping fortresses down everywhere without much impact on your economy
>>
>>148265262
They are useful in your home system, since the AI darts to it
>>
>France's leader is actually going to be a regent queen from a famous ITALIAN dystany

FUCK
>>
>>148266274
France has always been a shit country anyway
>inb4 "t. britbong"
>>
File: ghost coffee.jpg (22KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
ghost coffee.jpg
22KB, 226x166px
>>148265530
>>148265262

Defense Stations are very useful in the beginning. I strongly recommend gettin to Fortress, the biggest one, before the one hundred years of game. They cannot go higher than 6k of military power at the most, so when the enemy fleets start getting higher than that their only function is to slow them down.
>>
File: 1419354349821.png (145KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1419354349821.png
145KB, 480x640px
>>148266274
As opposed to France being lead by a Corsican?
>>
>>148267261

t. karl franz
t. mario
t. nicholaas
>>
>>148267407
The AI won't engage a fortress is its MP is higher than the AI's fleet anyway.
>>
>>148266274
>France
>Female
>WHO ISNT JOAN D'ARC
Woah
i am wondering if they didn't confused Isabela I with Isabella of Portugal
>>
so what happened to fallen empires?
they're still there and they still have a navy to destroy every faction in the galaxy, so why are they fallen?
>>
hi all i got a quick question about civ 5, i've seen everyone talking about it and the complete edition is on sale for $8 right now so I might as well pick it up.

are there any mods or certain settings i should have in the game in order to get the most out of it? or just set the parameters to however i want before playing the game. never touched a single game in the series but it looks fun so i want to check it out
>>
>>148267952
Joan of Arc is pretty much the only girl in history I'd fuck. She's probably a cutie.

>>148267969
Public order failed? General boredom?
>>
>>148268131
I've thought a lot about that, and came to the conclusion that if Jeanne was a looker, her beauty or whatever would have been praised. However, I've never seen anything, so she was average at best, likely even straight ugly, since men back then were really beta and called everyone beautiful.
>>
>>148272954
But she was a strong independent women who wasn't a huge bitch like today's feminists.
Strong women that aren't bitches are my fetish, like Samus, the Empress from Dishonored, the mother Vorhees.
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (876KB, 1066x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
876KB, 1066x1500px
>>148273372
Tell me about your mother, anon
>>
>>148273534
I never had a mother. I used to like female video game characters for this reason, they gave me the feeling I had a family, even if it was a false one that only existed in a game.
This is why I really loved Samus. She was a strong woman to be admired, without being obnoxious, without being weak like so many characters are. Some say Samus is fine waifu material, I say she's perfect mother material. Until Other M ruined her and made her an emotional, submissive wreck who needs people to command her around.

I just have a weak spot for games that give you characters to care about. There's your brother Paul Denton in Deus Ex, your father in Fallout 3, your daughter (maybe) in Dishonored.
These games give me the feeling I have a family.
>>
>>148273954
It was just a meme, anon
But it's good that you opened up
>>
>>148274130
I just want a family, okay? I want a wife, I want kids that I can train to be good at CKII, I want a stepfamily that I can embarrass by talking about Robert d'Artois' shenanigans that triggered a damn war, by talking about how Toutankhamon was actually trying really hard to unfuck what Akhenaton caused.

I don't want to be alone, and yet I'm too old and too used to being single to ever find anyone, so the only way to live my dream is by playing video games and pretend I'm some happy family man.
My life is sad. I hate myself.
>>
>>148267969

Consider how many people play to the late-game then get bored and start a new game.

Voila! Fallen Empire.
>>
>>148267969
>so why are they fallen?
go read Asimov, anon
>>
>>148267969

Because they are generally content with their lot in life

They still keep a massive navy around because they know what happens to empires without navies, and focus on turning what they have into a small heaven for their species
>>
>>148274654
So basically Fallen Empires got so wealthy, that the core worlds failed to notice their empire collapsing around their perimeters? Maybe it was combined with several planet-level extinction events caused by mis-use of technology and/or natural disasters; and maybe invasions from other empires and extragalactic threats, I presume?

Some Fallen Empires get instantly butthurt if you research Synthetic-level AI. Maybe this is a hint that their main empire was largely destroyed by rogue AI in the bast.
>>
>>148274654
Foundation total conversionw hen?
>>
>>148276135
Remember that guy from high school who was "brilliant but lazy", and never got far in life? That's a Fallen Empire
>>
>>148276551
Shut the fuck up, you're talking about me here.
>>
>>148267407
>>148265530
>>148265262
For inhabited systems, build a FTL snare fortress on the farthest perimeter, away from orbital stations. This gives you more time to deal with them.

Around the inhabited planet itself, build a fortress with all large, long-range weapons. 2 UV Lasers and 2 Antimatter Missile Launchers, for example. If you get Particle Lances or Tachyon Lances though, go with them; because they have the longest range in the game. Give these stations nanobot repair clouds, so they can help your fleet mount a final defense, if necessary.
>>
>>148274654

I thought you meant go read the patch notes for 1.2 kek
>>
It'd be cool as fuck if you could research ring worlds

but for the moment I'm content with the ability to have xenomorph armies riding xeno mounts
>>
>>148278459
There are some mods where you can repair them
Building them is a bit out of scope
>>
>>148278459
Dear god, I imagined a bunch of Aliens riding horses, and that idea was silly.
>>
so anyone have any suggestions for a fix to the warscore? as an aggressive military empire the forced peace after every drive by shooting in space is killing me.
>>
File: Slavic Girls Empire 02.jpg (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Slavic Girls Empire 02.jpg
615KB, 1920x1080px
>>148221367
>>148230940
haha it's one of my favourite mods. I'm happy it works with 1.2.1 with no problems. I currently have a Slavic Girls empire going
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
>>148273954
>>148274438
are you storyanon?
>>
>>148282975
>a fix to the warscore?
yeah, don't have it
>>
>>148160929
ZIMBABWE
>>
>>148257206
>preorder
WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS KEEP DOING THIS
>>
>PDM man is managing to make his Stellaris mod even worse

Why does he keep doing it? Why people keep leading him on?
>>
>>148252340
>Sumeria - Gilgamesh
Oh dear, is he going to follow the Fate intepretation and be maximum arrogance?
>tfw no Ozymandias for Egypt
>>
>>148254010
Is that Julius for Rome? I can't tell it's too blurry.
>>
File: 1427003288705.jpg (13KB, 196x178px) Image search: [Google]
1427003288705.jpg
13KB, 196x178px
>>148187108

why are all the human portraits literally
>>
>>148272954
Iirc she wasn't a knockout but wasn't buttugly and had 'beautiful breasts'.
>>
>>148292938
I dunno they just literally
>>
>>148292938
Disdain for xenos
>>
>>148276928
>>148276551
>>148276135
>>148274654
No, it's not that they were 'brilliant but lazy', but that they reached the point where they stopped needing to advance and had reached post-scarcity.
This obviously isn't possible with humans who will never have enough and always want even better shit, but a species which hypothetically has a point where they don't really want anything more will just stagnate at the top.
>>
>>148272954
>men back then were really beta
yeah, unlike today
>>
>>148293041
Sauce?
And can I really trust their tastes on breasts? They can't have seen many of them
>>
>>148293420
>They can't have seen many of them
>go to whorehouse / nunnery
>tits everywhere
>liberate Orleans
>fuck ALL the maidens
>save (bumfuck town in Aquitaine or Normandy)
>peasants want to help ''''comfort''''' you
Nigga.

Also I don't remember the exact source, I could dig it up but I'm too lazy.
>>
>>148152190
speaking of the OP pic. What's your guys opinions on him? He's fun to watch but so very very retarded.
>>
>>148293812
He looks like a fucking imbecile and isn't qt to make up for it
Into the trash he goes
>>
>>148285196
Who?
>>
>>148293684
I can just bing tits and see hundreds of them, no way they could compete with that, no matter what
>>
>>148294465
For fuck's sake anon, do you need to examine tits by criteria? Nice-looking tits are pretty much instinctive.
>>
File: 1430018604365.gif (675KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1430018604365.gif
675KB, 480x270px
>mfw a coalition comprised of half the galaxy declares war on me
>Some virtuous coalition of honorbound insectoid warriors, mercantile birds and democratic molluscs ganging up on the hyper-religious Covenant
>mfw my fleets have been soundly holding them off for the past six years
>mfw I'm not even attacking their worlds, I'm just making every invading fleet they send my way disappear

I feel like I'm the bad guy in this war, but it feels so fucking good.

Semi-related, but why is glassing *not* a thing in this game? I don't WANT to conquer their worlds, I want to burn them.
>>
>>148294650
No, you have to conquer and then purge.
>>
>>148294650
It is since the lastest patch, you can enforce them to abandon plantes as a wargoal, it's as if the pops were all purged
>>
>>148294795
That's not what glassing means anon.
>>
File: 1396476757855.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1396476757855.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>148294701

I can't be the only one that thinks this is stupid.

Glassing is pretty much one of the cornerstones of any good Space Opera featuring Total War, I would've thought with my Tachyon Beams I could at least scorch some continents and boil some seas.

This is going to be in DLC, isn't it.

>>148294795

That's forcibly relocating a population.

Glassing is when your ships open fire on the world and destroy any chance it has at sustaining life, much less a civilization.
>>
>>148294935
Not in the Honorverse.
>>
Maaaaaaaan

Playing Stellaris reminds what a fucking good novel Existence by David Brin was
>>
>>148295025
t. David Brin
>>
File: oh no.jpg (80KB, 576x972px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.jpg
80KB, 576x972px
>>148294650
>TFW trying to control a planet of fanatical xenophobe, materialist, alien pops when I'm spiritualist
>>
>>148294935
You can't go around Exterminatusing planets.

Not yet.
>>
>>148295095
go read it anon

you'll enjoy it

it features chain letters IN SPACE
>>
>>148295136
Basically /pol/.
>>
>>148295289
/pol/ is a Catholic board
>>
>>148294935
>tachyon beams
Forget that. The fact that you have Mass Drivers accelerating significant masses to 90+% the speed of light means that shooting a planet ONCE should literally obliterate it, or blow apart half of it and vaporize the other half. Meanwhile top-end energy weapons should vaporize the surface and literally serve as a source of propulsion for the planet out of orbit or into their star.
>>
File: 1451354685741.jpg (57KB, 317x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451354685741.jpg
57KB, 317x800px
>>148294973
>>148295138

I can't believe throughout the entire process of making Stellaris that not one of the development team members brought up the idea of using ship-mounted weaponry to systematically destroy a world, rather than simply drop a few bombs on some Space Bunkers.

I mean god damn, they've already got Tomb Worlds and Molten Worlds, why can't they just have a sufficiently powerful fleet, given time, turn a world into a Molten/Tomb world?

>>148295136

That's when you start the purges, buddy.

It feels so good to genetically engineer a Very Strong race purely for super-soldiery, and it helps they've got Irradiated.
>>
>>148295394
I thought it was atheist, of the "tip fedora" kind?

>>148295496
DLC.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>148295441

While we have to give Stellaris some slack in making sure a single corvette can't totally obliterate a planet, I have to admit my frustration with the game simply refusing the *concept* of giving a player the ability to glass, crack, or otherwise ruin a world using the Large-scale weaponry you unlock later on in the game.

Kinetic batteries and Particle Accelerators should let you crack or glass worlds, respectively. That shit is high-end gear.
>>
>>148295496
>>148295652
That would make a nice scortched earth strategy.
>>
There's a mod that let's you nuke planets from orbit and turn them into tomb worlds.
It's not very elegant, there's a new bombardment policy which makes it possible for an event to fire while you have a fleet bombing an enemy world
>>
>>148294935
There's a mod that lets you glass planets or just turn them into tomb worlds
>>
>>148295836
I can't wait for Stellaris to receive several addons.

This could very well be the one space game that will finally surpass Master of Orion 2. For me it's already very close in terms of longevity.
>>
>>148295735

That's the idea, you'd rather just exterminate an entire species than bother conquering them.

It's literally what the Covenant spent most of Halo doing to Humanity, and that shit was *very* visible to the player. The fact nobody in Paradox remembered the Covenant and their tactics is honestly shocking.
>>
File: 221.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>Me and Fallen Empire duke it out over a ringworld
>In the middle of the fight an entirely groundforce-based host of Prethoryn about 5000 fleetpowerstrong infest the ring and purge the current inhabitants

What is this feel
>>
>>148296135
t. Jewhan
>>
>>148294225
some anon on /wsg/ who would make up these long autistic random stories about stuff that's happened in his life
>>
File: 2323455158.png (28KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
2323455158.png
28KB, 500x223px
>>148296179

>mfw Fanatic Xenophile Fallen Empire becomes my buddy
>mfw they see me as their children
>>
File: 1446223655487.jpg (197KB, 816x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446223655487.jpg
197KB, 816x1000px
>>148294701
>>148294935

Workshop mod. It's literally that easy. Paradox still is garbage (I'm a /gsg/ immigrant), but at least the workshop is there can pick up where Paradox drops the ball.
>>
File: 1460744685531.jpg (147KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1460744685531.jpg
147KB, 500x730px
>epic civ vi trailer
>game looks like iphone app cartoon shit
>>
File: TheChart.jpg (228KB, 517x957px) Image search: [Google]
TheChart.jpg
228KB, 517x957px
Anybody know who the fuck B5 is?
>>
>>148296238
I don't visit /wsg/. And I also wish this was made up. I really do.

>>148296337
Using mods ruins my immersion.
>>
File: 222.jpg (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
591KB, 1920x1080px
The Fallen Empire is routed at least some of the ring saved, at so great a cost.
>>
File: 1418380381002.jpg (7KB, 203x216px) Image search: [Google]
1418380381002.jpg
7KB, 203x216px
>>148296329
>yfw they don't come help you in times of war
>>
File: pyrtem.png (917KB, 954x869px) Image search: [Google]
pyrtem.png
917KB, 954x869px
>>148160929
Oh this is handy
>>
File: laughing_old_men_in_suits.jpg (15KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_old_men_in_suits.jpg
15KB, 400x265px
>>148181876
>America
>Indirect Democracy
>>
>>148296179
>>148296651
how the fuck can you be bothered managing 17 planets yourself
>>
>>148296930

After upgrading one you don't have to look after it anymore, anon.
>>
>>148297008
yeah but doing that 17 times. Shit is tedious
>>
>>148297358
>yeah but doing that 17 times. Shit is tedious
you have to do it anyways when you expand

or what, do you give over new colonies to sectors for the shitty AI to screw up?
>>
File: 223.jpg (500KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
500KB, 1920x1080px
>>148297358

:)

>Prethoryn transport fleets clog up my military stations camping their warp entry points
>They keep jumping from system to system until they wind up at my nice ocean planet
>This planet was the first instance of me not playing space hitler and making it a nice place
>5 beth energy planets, my teldar and satramene is here too, everyone at 95% happy
>I don't know if I can save them
>>
>>148297358
>>148296930

How do you even get 17 Cores, anyway? I've been struggling to get the tech that lets me get +1 Cores, and 100+ years into the game I'm still only at 9 Cores allowed.
>>
File: ee7.gif (4MB, 460x241px) Image search: [Google]
ee7.gif
4MB, 460x241px
>>148296545
Will India ever have a leader that is not Ghandi?
>>
File: 224.jpg (546KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
546KB, 1920x1080px
>>148297687

Workshop mod as a flat +10 to core planets, with three more lategame core planet techs included to research in the lategame. I like to micromanage.

>that one butthurt tuargel
>>
>>148297493
>shitty AI
it's pretty good now. It was very shitty on release.
>>
>>148297579
>>5 beth energy planets
this is what I need
>>
>>148298160
why is he upset? purge that fucker
>>
>>148297735
he's a civ classic because he's such a meme. so there will never be a civ game without him. civ 4 had an alternate leader, though, asoka. http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Asoka_(Civ4)
if alt leaders are a thing (which they might be) then who knows, we might get him again.
>>
>>148298160
What species are those? Are they from a mod?
>>
File: 225.jpg (669KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
225.jpg
669KB, 1920x1080px
>>148301023

Yep.
>>
>>148160929
rulez trompete
>>
>>148160929
rerolling
>>
>>148301272
do you have any sectors? Why such large area and only 17 planets? Why so much energy/materials and so little research? I don't understand
>>
>>148160929
rol
>>
>>148160929
rolling
>>
>>148160929
rolling
>>
File: 226.jpg (654KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
226.jpg
654KB, 1920x1080px
I'm high as fuck and apparently I started with 3 instead of 1 when labeling these guys...

3) Old enemy, had an 'Enterprising Corsairs' government personality. Neutered them, then found out that all they had left was a single asteroid with a single robotic pop. They could no longer sustain organic pops. I vassalized them, then fed them +100/+100 for 30 years. They have since expanded to other nearby asteroids, and are now a small crime syndicate led with armies of robot pops to work in on asteroid mines.
4) Old friend, this alien civilization was critical in overcoming the first Fallen Empire. Wwhen the Prethoryn invaded and these guys proved incapable of managing the Scourge, Vailons had the hard task of forcing them to abandon planet after planet until they were left with only their home planet, then vassalized them. One day, I hope they will one day forgive us.
5) A released, independent, and unfriendly remnant of the old Fallen Empire of the North. It was from them we learned the secrets of matter disintegration and the means to equip our fleets with such weaponry. Out of a respect for an ancient enemy, they're left alone to their small system, to lick their wounds and one day challenge me again.
6) A released vassal of an annoying avian civilization that was among the first big challenges I faced after the Fallen Empire. Now, they're a nice coaling station (to use an old term) for Vailon armadas.
7) One of the first vassals of the Vailon. An unimportant sidenote of history.
8) Our first true friend, but now a bitter rival. Once, our governments were friendly, but after the First Interstellar Crusade, the RhakGrt would never trust the Vailon again.
9) A large, aging alien civilization. They and the Vailon share similar ethics; however realpolitik and circumstance have made them enemies. The Prethoryn have completely overrun their systems with infested space stations. They have a 'Sublime Porte' government personality.
>>
File: 227.jpg (543KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
543KB, 1920x1080px
>>148301687
>>148302134

No sectors. All my planets are over size 20. I have over 500 pops, so I think I'm fine for the rest of the game. I prioritized industry and energy in the early, and after covering a third of the galaxy, that's my resource income. I'm too lazy to go replace all the old level 4-5 power plants with research stations.

I completely forgot to mention by the way, I ran into Sol and the humans after the first Fallen Empire, so I 'liberated' them and now they are good friends. They have an indirect democracy, so I can only assume life there isn't total shit.

>>148299869

Individualist, my friend. I'd rather use a mind control beam.
>>
>>148296545
I've been wracking my head on B5 for hours, if it follows the rules of the rest of the image it should start with G, which limits it a lot, I was looking into Goryeo Korea but no luck with matching images
>>
>>148160929
stop, drop, and roll
>>
>>148304740
>Korea with science victory
I should get a lottery ticket.
>>
>>148160929
rolllllll
>>
>limited uses on workers
wide is dead
>specific play styles for each civ
why, i liked doing science and culture on war like civs
>boosts for techs based on certain actions
neat, but will be boring and probably annoying to fulfill after the first playthrough
>>
>>148264110
Did you build Great Mosque of Djenne? IIRC, it gives great prophets an extra spread too

>>148268098
Not really, you can play the vanilla game for a few hundred hours easily, than you can start adding mods. There are a few settings that change the game, but they all depend on your preferences. I always have Raging Barbarians on on for example
>>
File: jhg.jpg (221KB, 1463x741px) Image search: [Google]
jhg.jpg
221KB, 1463x741px
I-it'll be fine, right?
>>
>>148226604
>Everybody ignored me.

W-w-why? Is there something wrong with what I asked?
>>
File: 1467139042845.jpg (119KB, 876x719px) Image search: [Google]
1467139042845.jpg
119KB, 876x719px
>>148309253
Yes, nothing bad happens.
>>
>>148310163
general is dead mate, replies are very rare now that we are constantly on page 8 to 10
>>
>>148160929
rollan
>>
why does the ai completely ignore gold?
I've seen -200 gpt ais that still progress in tech
>>
>>148160929
please no culture victory
>>
>>148309253
FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THEIR DIMENSIONAL POCKET
>>
>>148311916
because they can cheat
>>
>>148311916
Negative gpt is not really much of a problem except for science, you actually rarely lose units

About the science, it also affects AI, but on higher difficulties they get so much bonus, it looks like it doesn't affect them. But if they stay in negative for too long in say Prince, they'll actually be behind in technology and will catch to other civs thanks to their spies and technology discounts
>>
>>148226604
>>148310163
I would answer but I don't know. I only just installed Civ V for the first time yesterday. Yet to fire up my first game. Did you play without any mods?
>>
>>148268098
I'd say the No Quitters '''''balance''''' mod is more fun and opens up more legit playstyles than vanilla, but aside from that most of the good mods are fluff and specific content for peoples favourite leaders and civs.
>>
>Good leader dies
>3 months of leader roulette
JUST A BUNCH OF FUCKERS WITH NO USEFUL SKILLS
I spent LITERALLY 3 fucking months rerolling leaders each day and I didn't get O N E (1) good combo
The *ONE* guy that had battleship focus had fucking NERVOUS too
What the fuck are the odds?
>>
>>148312673

Yes, finished my first vanilla game, the AI was absolutely awful, so I'm going to use the Community Patch for sure, but I want to read some opinions before installing the rest of Vox Populi ( the Community Patch is just the first part of it http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034 )

>>148313343
Isn't the No Quitters mod mainly meant for multiplayer?
>>
>>148315340
yes, but it has a lot of balancing work. honor is actually viable and salt isnt auto win
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
>>148315898
roll
>>
>>148160929

Rolling for future use
>>
>>148160929
Roll
>>
>>148315340
It was designed for multiplayer, but you can use it in singleplayer.
It makes a lot of stuff that was hot garbage into something viable, however keep in mind it was intended for multiplayer so some things aren't as useful and the AI doesn't really know exactly what it's doing with it.
There's also a map script that comes with it, but I don't recommend it as it makes the game a lot easier.
>>
>>148309253
>I-it'll be fine, right?
they just don't need their eyes anymore
>>
>>148309253
Event Horizon all over again.
>>
Hey, guys.

How does Plutocratic Oligarchy rate as a government when compared to Despotic Empire?
>>
Why not, when I hit random I always end up as Greece, it's my curse
>>
How can I make sure the AI will always attack me?
I'm trying to add an evil empire, I made it xenophobe and militaristic, but it never picks thing, it's always hanging around with one planet.
>>
File: ashurbanipal.jpg (90KB, 605x578px) Image search: [Google]
ashurbanipal.jpg
90KB, 605x578px
>>148255619
So, Firaxis didn't deny or confirm that these were the leaders yet, right? If they actually are, what do you guys think about it? Imo, some of them feel forced, like they felt like they must use not previously used leaders so they simply ignored the classics
>>
>>148323212
They were going for Personality or something, but I don't really see how Gilgamesh qualifies at all. We have NOTHING on his actual life, only the Epic.
>>
>>148319986
>Plutocratic Oligarchy
6/10
>Despotic Empire
7/10

depends if you're slaving the shit out of your pops
>>
>>148284858
That is great.
You make my day.
>>
Can I invade a primitive planet?
>>
File: why.jpg (11KB, 180x312px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
11KB, 180x312px
>>148253093
>Jadwiga
>not Józef Piłsudski
>not Jan III Sobieski
>>
>>148324736
>Cleopatra
>not Ozymandias
>>
>>148324802
>not wanting to grovel at Cleopatra's feet
>>
>>148326852
t. Mark Antony
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
Does any pops ethics make them happy about the selected lineage of leaders?
>>
>>148160929
>>
>>148327954
nvm, goddam fussy collectivists. Why are they bitching about selected lineages
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Policies#Leader_Enhancement
>>
>>148323747
Slaves are overrated with the changes desu. I tried slaves once then never used them again. I'd say plutocratic oligarchy is above despotic empire.
>>
>>148315340
So, how's your current modded game going? I never played that mod and I'm wondering about it
>>
>>148328174
cause their commies anon
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_of_Portugal
So we get his instead of Charles V or Phillip II?
>>
>>148329080
What are you talking about? Wrong Isabella.
>>
>>148329164
>>148296545
Look at the potrait.
>>
>>148329080
There is a big chance Firaxis fucked up and was suppose to be Isabella of Castilla instead of Isabella of Portugal.
>>
>>148296545
>>148329394
What's the source of this thing?
>>
File: Gustavus_Adolphus_(Civ5).jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gustavus_Adolphus_(Civ5).jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>148329467
Reminder they've actually done a mistake like this before, Gustavus in Civ V wasn't actually Gustavus, but Eric XIV IIRC

>>148329898
Check out this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=570683
>>
>>148329967
holy shit
>scythians
>medieval german king
>kongo

This is like a dream match up for me
>>
>>148330282
It's almost a holy grail war lineup right down to gilgamesh.

They should have gone with Richard the lionheart or Henry VIII for england desu. Sure victoria was a fantastic monarch but the other two had the huge personalities.
>>
>>148330620
I'll jizz myself if Gilgamesh uses the word 'mongrel'.
>>
>still no good space 4X
>GalCiv 2 is too complex
>Sins is more of a RTS, but is too damn slow and that thing with the HP pisses me off
>Distant World is okay but can easily fuck you in the ass if you're unlucky
>Stellaris has the AI gangin up on you and is too lite
>still can't figure out how to git gud at SotS
>playing SotS2 gave me diarrhea. Literally.
>>
>>148330620
I totally agree on England, or even Empress Matilda, though she never really ruled, or the one Anglo Saxon Lady who fought off Danes

I hope we get someone other than Napoleon or Jeanne for France, I wanna see Louis XIV again or SOMEBODY different.
>>
File: Fate-JAlter-005.jpg (165KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fate-JAlter-005.jpg
165KB, 600x450px
>>148330794
>not wanting Jeanne
>>
>>148330927
>wanting a really cute girl that will never allow you to touch her because "muh purity"
>>
>>148330678
Galciv isn't complex, it's just boring.
Distant worlds is a great space 4x.
>>
File: Fate-JAlter-026.jpg (694KB, 877x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Fate-JAlter-026.jpg
694KB, 877x1240px
>>148331021
JAlter is an actual slut though, her event was literally making a reverse harem.
>>
>>148331045
I tried GalCiv once. There was only one colonizable planet on the map and the AI rushed to it.

Then I tried Distant Worlds, I had a very pleasant time for roughly 12 hours until I discovered that I spawned in the middle of nowhere and had no colonizable planets in range because I foolishly picked the Outer Rim for muh tyranid roleplay.
>>
>>148329967
>but Eric XIV IIRC
Yes, he is even in the painting in the background
Also talking about it, the picture of Isabella of Portugal appears if you literally google "Isabella of Spain"
>This maybe how Firaxis "research" leaders
>>
>>148331146
Just need to adjust colony range and galaxy size in pregame settings.
>>
>>148331265
I wish I knew that earlier to be honest famalam baka desu senpai.
>>
File: 1467794903376.jpg (168KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467794903376.jpg
168KB, 1600x900px
>>148331235
>Gilgamesh looks like this
>>
File: Louis-xiv-lebrunl.jpg (222KB, 534x638px) Image search: [Google]
Louis-xiv-lebrunl.jpg
222KB, 534x638px
>>148330927
>not wanting bishounen Louis XIV
>>
>>148331432
I'm surprised Games Workshop never sued them.
>>
File: 1467801919230.png (914KB, 1079x819px) Image search: [Google]
1467801919230.png
914KB, 1079x819px
>>148331443
What's the problem with having both desu

>>148331504
GW didn't copyright the Epic of Gilgamesh. In fact, you can't.
>>
File: Hojo.jpg (49KB, 333x475px) Image search: [Google]
Hojo.jpg
49KB, 333x475px
>>148331432
Considering Hojo is literally designed after an actor, it wont surprise me
>>
>>148331552
No, but they sued other people who used pauldrons like this.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.jpg (41KB, 318x382px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.jpg
41KB, 318x382px
>>148331432
He's one of the few leaders I liked the model of in Civ IV desu.

Though I wonder what will be his traits and agenda in Civ VI
>>
File: 1467854329891.png (105KB, 207x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467854329891.png
105KB, 207x394px
>in Civ VI we have more cartoonish unit sprites
>Civ VII will be Civilization:Anime
I wouldn't even be mad

>>148331676
Literally how
>>
>>148331676
I wonder why blizzard never sued shaq for wearing giant shoes.
>>
>>148331727
Holy shit that's a bitching beard.
>>
>>148331727
>trait: Gate of Babylon - gets extra gold for every unit in the game
>agenda: All shall bow before the King of Heroes - -1000000000 diplomacy to everyone who isn't a vassal

>>148331771
Matches his statue.
>>
>>148331810
I'm jealous of that beard. Too bad I'm blond and all my hair look like piss
>>
>>148331810
>secret trait: ea gg
>click a special icon to instantly win the game
>>
File: harold-bluetooth-civ-v.jpg (161KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
harold-bluetooth-civ-v.jpg
161KB, 1680x1050px
>>148331810
Wait, does vassalization actually return in Civ VI? I follow http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=567144 for Civ VI features and I'm not seeing it

>>148331934
You know what kind of beard you should grow then lad
>>
>>148332058
Can I even grow a convincing blond beard? That guy isn't as impressing as Gilgamesh.
>>
File: 1467183241649.jpg (55KB, 496x409px) Image search: [Google]
1467183241649.jpg
55KB, 496x409px
>>148332058
How do I know I'm spouting memes like a retard
I'm going to play one game of vanilla then mod in all the GO servants
>>
File: 1467744906507.gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
1467744906507.gif
1007KB, 273x429px
>>148332229
>implying anyone can match the splendor of the King
Reminder his penis literally emits golden light because of how dazzling it is to look at
Reminder he can literally see the future for his nation
You think too highly of yourself for a mere mongrel
nah but seriously blond beards aren't that hard to pull off, although the Germanic beard is probably impossible, I haven't seen one in forever.
>>
File: Pacal_(Civ5).jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pacal_(Civ5).jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>148332229
Just stop caring about beard and get yourself a headdress like Pacal imo, much better.

Not memeing and actually talking about civ beards, Ashurbanipal(>>148323212), Darius and Neb(>>148214958) all had great beards imo. Neb's also quite close to Gilgamesh

Though I don't know why you didn't like Harald's, that one is my favourite
>>
>>148332805
Yeah, but trying to become a nurse with that will be difficult.

Oh wait, nurses aren't supposed to have a beard. Fuck.
>>
>>148160929
Gimmie something good
>>
File: 9ebbQi9.png (309KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
9ebbQi9.png
309KB, 1000x500px
>>148331810
Been there done that.
>>
lads, does anyone know how to add like an asteroid belt around stuff in stellaris?
>>
File: sbsrdBu.png (73KB, 655x295px) Image search: [Google]
sbsrdBu.png
73KB, 655x295px
What was the pic related all about? I was not around when that nontrovercy happened. So far I have found out the following.

>whomodder uploads a mod that makes all humans of European genotype
>whomodder writes "no 'multiculturalism' here" into description
>mod gets banned for being againt Steam rules
>later it turns out that mod was banned for being againt PI rules and Steam had nothing to do with it
>PI sayd whomodder's description was racist
>PI then retracked that and sayd that the whomodder itself was actually racist acitvist
>whomodder threatened to sue for slander
>PI changed their reason, saying that actually the comments under the mod were racist
>whomodder reuploads the mod putting all his salt into the description
>mod is still available to this day

did I get it right? and what was the purpose of all of this?
>>
>>148328174
>Why are they bitching about selected lineages
everyone is equal famalam :^)
>>
>>148334049
You already know more than me.
>>
>>148334049
What is the purpose of anything lad?

The serious answer to your question is "Swedes" btw
>>
>>148334049
You forgot about similar mods for black and asians not being deleted i think
>>
>>148334296
It's only racists for the whites.
>>
>>148334296
yea, forgot to mention that
>>
>>148334049
the reason why it got a lot of flak was because the modder started advertising his youtube that was full of nazi loving shit on the modpage
they didnt remove it until that point
>>
File: 9e52b63c_o[1].png (969B, 243x21px) Image search: [Google]
9e52b63c_o[1].png
969B, 243x21px
>>148334049
The fuck-up on PI part is not following their own arbitrary rules.
If they are anti-racist, then they should've removed the similar mods (which literally are the same mods but for niggers and chinks). It's like mini-Hatred all over again.
>>
>>148334386
I think /pol/ is right when they claim the current Political Correctness movement is just anti-white
i guess you need a extremist to recognize another doings
>>
>>148330678
>>Sins is more of a RTS, but is too damn slow and that thing with the HP pisses me off
modded sins is great tho
>>
>>148334609
Only tried the Star Trek mod. Borgs are fun.
>>
File: YEAAAAA.webm (364KB, 446x368px) Image search: [Google]
YEAAAAA.webm
364KB, 446x368px
>tfw going on a purging spree
>tfw literally purging entire planets which are in my empire but have filthy non working unhappy xenos and replacing them with my native population
>tfw genociding and making these non workers extinct
>tfw resources are gonna skyrocket
>>
What is the average lenght of a 4x game?
Because I noticed I'm pretty capped at 30 minutes before I get bored, but that seems pretty short for a 4x.
>>
File: Sweden_a06381_5544160.jpg (47KB, 588x444px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden_a06381_5544160.jpg
47KB, 588x444px
>>148334049
It was the classical moment that can be decribed with the following statement:
SWEDEN YES!!!!!
>>
>>148335381
Honestly, I'm willing to let everyone celebrate all kinds of religious ceremonies or feasts or whatever he or she wants as long as it doesn't interfere with everyone else.

But that doesn't mean that every single one of these rituals is now part of my tradition, or the country's tradition.
>>
>>148335269
Depends. Ranging from one complete day to a few weeks

I don't like playing on fast speeds
>>
>>148336729
>a few weeks
That's way over my attention span.
>>
What's the best way of optimizing my race+government for both research speed and that sweet happiness bonus?
>>
>>148336979
Then play Dota 2 and Hearthstone.
>>
>>148337119
They're shit.
Something like Supreme Commander or Stronghold are okay, Sins is okay, but anything else is beyond 30 minutes.
>>
>>148335269
If you play singleplayer, it is whatever you want.
Because you can save whenever you want.
>>
>>148337195
If you play Stellaris at high speed, it is pretty close to an RTS.
>>
>>148337215
>actually loading an old save instead of restarting a new one
>>
>>148337045
pacifist + fanatic materialist + science directorate->neural network
>>
>>148337470
Is it possible to cut pacifist out of the equation, though? I feel like the wartime malus would be something I would forget about, and then it'd catch me off-guard.
>>
>>148337918
wars shouldn't take very long at all. Go collectivist then to purge non happy xenos. Depends if you want a pure empire or and willing to play with xenos. But if you want happy pops playing with xenos is generally bad.
>>
File: 1464148954916.jpg (98KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1464148954916.jpg
98KB, 499x468px
>>148338173
>if you want a pure empire
>IF
>>
File: 13.jpg (138KB, 718x398px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
138KB, 718x398px
>>148334049
Almost right but not exactly.
>some people start complying about humans
>nothing edgy as it paracucks forum
>mostly that you can't RP as for example glorious Nippon when you get nips with Italian names or whatever
>Paradox mods told them to stop being racist
>some guy decide to make their own mod with whites and European names
>it was easy and there was more mods with only chinks, only blacks, only women, only glorious Spaniards: you choose your own poison
>white one start being very popular
>mind that there was modified one that has swastika and only German names but it was not this one
>so European only get 1st page on steam and some salty Paradick mod ban it
>Sweden yes
>truth that it has "no multiculturalism" in description and guy also added link to his YT channel but it didn't really contain nothing edgy, some wake up Europe but not neo nazi shit
>mod give no reason
>then they later give reason that it was because COMMENTS under the mod
>Kotaku and other game journalist blogs start their usual shit about racism
>mind it that Paracucks want ban also separate humans
>but no rules violations so no steam violations
>guy start making noise, there was some backlash and Paradicks go back to their progressive hug box
>mod get back on steam and stay as no rules of steam was violated
>other mods like matriarchy, only yellow, only blacks etc was not even touched
Typical swedish hypocrisy.
>>
>>148339237
The more I hear about Paradox, the less I respect them.
>>
>>148339507
It's Sweden's retarded affirmative action kneejerk.
>>
>>148340492
To be honest, it reminds me of that bullshit I heard about a recent expansion for an old game who supposely adds a filthy tranny who keeps telling you about his gender.
>>
>>148334049
It was a community manager, Meneth, fault. He used to work on the HIP mod for CK2, then he got literally cucked, and became a SJW. Then Paradox hired him.
>>
>christopher tin is making the theme for civ 6
Think it'll be as good as baba yetu?
>>
>>148340787
>HIP
Mmm?
>>
File: Mizhena..jpg (85KB, 914x497px) Image search: [Google]
Mizhena..jpg
85KB, 914x497px
>>148340630
It was Baldur's Gate, that part is just an NPC who has a screen of dialogue. But by god, it's terrible. Look at this shit, snowflake to the max.

Worse yet, not only the world had magical sex change, it was a plot point in the original game, where a character put on a magical sex-change belt that didn't come off.
>>
>>148340941
Historical Immersion Project, for Crusader Kings 2.
The core of the mod is Project Balance, created by Meneth.
>>
>>148340787
Tell me more /gsg/ sempai.
>>
>>148341128
IIRC my D&D right, sex change belts are a common joke between magic users, which makes it even worse.
>>
>>148341342
That's pretty much it. He stays on reddit all the time, he used to drop by /gsg/, but after he started shilling for feminism and other shit on reddit, he got bullycided everytime he showed up. Now he doesn't go there anymore.
>>
>>148341128
Jesus Christ.
That is just painful to read.
>>
>>148255619

Is that not William of Orange again next to Victoria?
>>
>>148341584
Is pretty much comfirmed to be Catherine de Medicis
>>
>>148341535
Tell me if I get you right.
>guy wife start fucking with other guys
>he become feminist
Were is logic in that?
>>
File: civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg (160KB, 392x725px) Image search: [Google]
civ6_portrait_bingo1.jpg
160KB, 392x725px
>>148341584
That pic is old senpai, this is the current one.

Also for more and discussion: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=570683
>>
>>148341795
>SJW
>Logic
>>
>>148341128
>Worse yet, not only the world had magical sex change, it was a plot point in the original game, where a character put on a magical sex-change belt that didn't come off.
And now you understand why /tg/ is called that, and what the meme about wanting to be the little girl is all about.

Ten or twenty years ago we all thought it was funny or at worst a slightly weird fetish.
>>
>>148341795
I didn't get all of the story, it's the dude's life, but apparently he got super depressed, then started believing it was all his fault for being a bad man. Then he started shilling for feminism like crazy on reddit.

His girl probably guilt tripped him saying that he got cucked because he was a mysoginist, or something like thay.
>>
File: logh.jpg (1MB, 1035x1307px) Image search: [Google]
logh.jpg
1MB, 1035x1307px
>>148341841
True that.
I was thinking how bad new Ghostbangers is.
Then I get a idea about stand up comedy joke.
The shortest joke ever told?
>waiting for 'your dick' incoming, it isn't that short(don't be sad my small friend)
>Women ... wait for it ... comedians
>Actually after some thinking you can add women to anything and it sounds like a joke
>women ... logic
>women ... drivers
>women ... sports
>women ... politicians
>no, the last one is more than a horror story than a joke
>take any thing add women and its become a joke or a tragedy or both
>did it work the same for men?
>men logic
>men drivers
>men soldiers
>men sports
>Its sounds terrible but work showing only that men are serious business, so let take this to another level.
>manly logic
>manly soldiers
>manly sports
>Damn this sounds rather sexy and I am not a gay, not yet at last. Why do you ask?
>its simple
>woman ass still sounds better for me than a man ass

Sorry for a blog but I want to share this and I have no friends and dog is a dog.
>>
>>148342187
If my experience with women(not too great but still) teach me anything is that that you can get with being a ass but not with being a nice weak.
She walk over him and he bend and that is how it starts.
Women love drama and if they can't get it in home they look for it outside. Not all, there are some good or smart women but most of western ones are seriously screwed in the head.
>>
>>148295550
we at /pol/ more more multicultural when it comes to religion. Just no jews or muslims.
>>
>>148341128
>all answers are nice
>you can't be a dick like in Mount and Blade
I need an option to say "If you want, I can chop off your dick, you beta cuck, and then feed it to my dogs, I'm sure they'll appreciate it more than you do."

Shit, I don't mind transexuals, but I don't want propaganda when I play fucking video games because it's ALWAYS delivered poorly.
>>
>>148343145
Thats the problem.
Most gamers don't give a shit if the character is gay, lesbo, tranny or a what ever.
Is when the character is ONLY about being gay, lesbo, tranny or what ever with nothing beyond that, and you are forced to be "nice" to them.

I honestly don't know if they want people to hate them more, or if they are so delusional they actually think this is how you force acceptance.
>>
>>148343447
Shit like that is why I'm okay with feminism.
I want female characters that aren't just "teehee I'm a woman". I want interesting characters that aren't painful to interact with because of how clichés and unlikeable they are.
>>
>>148343683
>Shit like that is why I'm okay with feminism.
But feminism isn't okay with you until you chop your dick off and raise your wife's son.
>>
>>148343894
That shit isn't feminism.
>>
>mfw you can have xenomorph armies in Stellaris
It's like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBiwSzbPOzc all over again.
>>
Is there SFM porn of released Civ VI characters yet
>>
>>148344262
what the fuck
>>
>>148343923
Feminism is like a woman. Its never satisfied.
If you bend over their demands they will see it as weakness and demand more.
>>
>>148343683
You are aware SJWs and Feminist are the one pushing for "teehee i am a woman/gay/lesbian/tran without any other characteristics" right? And that they are the more superficial assholes who will cry and moan because one character is pretty, right?
>>
>>148344538
>>148344652
I'm fairly certain you're all mistaking feminism with something else.

Either that, or the word changed to go from "equal rights" to "treat womyn like princesses".

Both possibilities irk me.
>>
>>148344753
It was never about equal rights and duties.
It was always about free privileges.
>>
>>148344753
>you're all mistaking feminism with something else.
I wish i had you innocence anon.
>>
>>148344994
It was back in the days, when they asked for education and were ready to work hard. Or when they wanted to have the right to vote, and protested for it.
Nowadays it's all about whining on tumblr.

>>148344652
Wasn't there something like that about Obuttwatch's characters having nice asses?
>>
When did games become such serious business?
Mind you, these so called activists just sound loud since they can just post anything and everything that comes to mind online. But one trannie character in a fantasy role-playing game, or even an entire game of special-trans-meatloaf-otherkin-humyns, doesn't have any sort of bearing on the world at large. Most people I know don't care. Everyone I know at least is pretty good at the whole "live and let live" deal. Provided, of course, that no one is waggling their feminine penis around like a moron.
>>
>>148345082
There was a posse of Tracer than showed her butt, people complained about it and Blizzard change up to a different pose
...which shows her ass just as much or more.

There was another interview about Starcraft when the journalist tried to bait the blizzard guy into saying Kerrigan design was sexualized too. Blizzard guy said she was a strong women and thats all, when the journo tried to press, the Blizzard guy said the conversation was over.
>>
>>148345458
Tracer's ass makes me hard. I want to spank her.

But yeah, I like how Blizzard answers to retards complains. I wasn't aware there was a journalist who tried a stunt like that, but I do remember how they briefly advertised Diablo 3 as being cute and colorful with rainbows and happy clouds.
>>
>>148345082
Vote rights were earned by men on battlefields - for women it was never connected with draft.
Women get it for free.
Anon you sounds like you were living last decade years under rock with no internet access. No offence as you sounds nice but you are naive as fuck.
>>
>>148345082
>It was back in the days
Back in the days it was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feather
>This was joined by some prominent feminists and suffragettes of the time, such as Emmeline Pankhurst and her daughter Christabel. They, in addition to handing out the feathers, also lobbied to institute an involuntary universal draft, which included those who lacked votes due to being too young or not owning property.

Also fuck off with your no true scotsman.
>>
>>148345749
I never considered it like that. It kind of make sense, even through some women definitely served in the army.
>>
>>148345956
Well, not directly in the army, but on field hospitals, stuff like that.

>>148345846
Why do you talk about skirt-wearing faggots?
>>
>>148345956
Some women were also rich and educated or rule kingdoms versus most men that were poor and illiterate and were drafted to fight wars and kill people they never see before.
Women could choose - men not really.
They want eat cake and have it.
>>
>>148346194
I have diabetes. Your comment triggers me.
>>
>>148345846
>One such was Private Ernest Atkins who was on leave from the Western Front. He was riding a tram when he was presented with a white feather by a girl sitting behind him. He smacked her across the face with his pay book saying: "Certainly I'll take your feather back to the boys at Passchendaele. I'm in civvies because people think my uniform might be lousy, but if I had it on I wouldn't be half as lousy as you."
kek
>>
File: 516515.jpg (231KB, 1909x1082px) Image search: [Google]
516515.jpg
231KB, 1909x1082px
That's a big ship bruh
>>
Anyone know how to change your unit names without waiting for promotions

I'm doing a WW2 Japan game but having 20 units named Battleship ruins the feels
>>
>>148347130
>Star Ruler.jpg
>>
>>148347168
Civ V? IIRC you just click on their names and change it
>>
>>148347264
I hated that game so damn much.
>make a formation of ships
>they immediately break formation and go toward the nearest planet to refuel
>make a shitload of tanker
>they all die for some reason
And the sequel is barely better
>AI can field giant fleets while you can
>can rebuild new fleet faster than you can recover supplies
>losing one planet causes a domino effect that fucks you in the ass
>>
>>148346369
Based.
>>148346338
Truth hurts but also make you free.
>>
>>148347493
You know what really hurts? Not the sugar comment, but the fact that feminism has always been a piece of shit. I really believed in it.
>>
>>148347608
I bet you also believe in democracy and human rights.
>>
File: 1465763085200.jpg (385KB, 800x938px) Image search: [Google]
1465763085200.jpg
385KB, 800x938px
Discord invite?
>>
>>148347832
I believe in democracy, in human rights, and in personal enlightement.
>>
>>148348026
Tips fedora.
>>
>>148348117
I believe in mankind.
>>
>>148348687
So basically White people?
>>
>>148349349
No, I also believe in sub races.

Someone has to clean the toilets and manufacture stuff while the white people are busy being artists and philosophers.
>>
>>148349546
That is fast way to fall and decadence. Breeding weakness and contempt for hard work is terrible idea.
>>
>>148349817
Which is why the subhumans must be bred properly. We should only keep the strongest individuals.

Shit, I need to create an Empire like that who murders any pop with a different ethic.
>>
File: 20160713193714_1.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160713193714_1.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
Why the fuck is there this blue expansion without any frontier outposts or colonies here?
>>
New to Civ V and 4x in general, the AI taught me bad habits.

Tips on expanding quickly without running out of gold? Whenever I make a new city, it always seems not worth the cost or just too slow to build up.
>>
>>148349546
Ignoring the racism, that's what mindless automata are for.

I really wish I could genuinely believe there was no call for racism, but there seems to be a dearth of proper studies on the subject to let me rest easy.
>>
>>148350042
I don't like robots.
>>
>>148349982
Don't settle on shit locations and don't build unnecessary buildings, try to use trade and caravans as soon as you can. Also many civ uniques help make you money
>>
>>148350042
Racism is natural state of things.
>>
>>148160929
lets go
>>
>>148350042
You mean in real life? The history of humanity is study enough. No system of government that used slavery ever succeeded more than ones that didn't. The problem with treating any category of people as subhuman, whether it's the actual belief or completely arbitrary, is that those people are as capable of anything as any other person and relegating them to menial labor removes any potential for advancement they might have to offer. It isn't worth the trade.
>>
>>148350249
I think the real problem is 'shit location' and 'unnecessary buildings' aren't terms I've defined yet.
>>
>>148349964
>Muh special snowflake influence
>>
>>148350417
Don't settle a city if that place doesn't have at least 3 resources and lacks too much on food and production for example, unless you really need that resource. There are a few great settling locations, like near river and near mountain, try to get them

Unnecessary buildings should be clear enough to understand. Most obvious one would be not building barracks and its upgrades in every one of your cities, build them in only one of your cities and use that city to pump out soldiers.

Also, I guess you automated workers as this is your first playthrough. Never do that, they're retarded. They'll be a drain in your GPT as IIRC improvements also cost you maintenance.

Also a tip, when trading on sea you can twice of everything IIRC, so try to use ship traders instead of land ones, if you can. You also get a bonus for trading from your capital so if your capital is coastal it's even better
>>
>>148351157
The only improvements that cost maintenance are roads and railroads.
>>
>>148351157
only roads and railroads cost maint. however, automated workers are bad because they dont connect the cities together until all the good tiles they can find are already improved, which can lose a lot of gold/production because of the lack of city connections.
>>
>>148351157
I figured out the worker thing when they tried to turn everything around them into mines, trading posts, and lumber camps. I can understand trading posts on jungles with a university, but why would you ever build a lumber camp?

Should new cities have a new luxury, to stop unhappiness from the city?

Could markets be called necessary?
>>
>>148351406
>>148351521
Really? I remember other improvements costing maintenance too, IIRC Inca's UA even mentions this, removing improvement costs on hills or something like that. So that only affects roads? I guess they either changed this with a patch or I simply remember wrong

>>148351538
You pretty much only build lumber camp if you're Iroq, otherwise you're mostly better cutting that down for instant production and making a farm on that tile, assuming that tile is plains or some shit like that.

That depends on your current happiness, if you don't have any happiness problem you can safely settle without a new luxury. Though to note never ever settle on any resource, you don't get the +yields you would have gotten with improvement that way

IIRC, whatever you do markets give you more GPT than their maintenance so do build them, though manage your specialists so they don't work in markets and rather in science buildings

>>148351157
>Also a tip, when trading on sea you can twice of everything IIRC,
I meant to say you get twice of everything
>>
>>148352153
What do you mean twice of everything? Like, more gold?
>>
>>148350916
what do you mean?
>>
>>148352547
Yes. For example if you would have 6 gold using a land trade between A and B cities, you would get 12 gold using a sea route. Or if you're trading with your own city for 6 food, you would get 12 food for using sea route. Check this page: http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/International_trade_route_(Civ5)

This page also mentions something I learned far too late, when you're trading with your own cities for food or production, the "giver" city doesn't lose food or production, it simply magically gets generated for the "taker" city. And trading with your own cities for food is pretty essential for tall games
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
File: mypowerisdivine.png (354KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
mypowerisdivine.png
354KB, 567x425px
I WAS CHOSEN BY HEAVEN!
>>
>>148354458
What a sick beard.
>>
File: civilization-korea-afraid.png (27KB, 225x358px) Image search: [Google]
civilization-korea-afraid.png
27KB, 225x358px
>playing Marathon pace for the first time
>over 100 turns before my first cultural policy
>>
>>148355317
I have only ever played Marathn. I am afraid going with anything else would be too fast
>>
>>148355416
>>148355317
>worker takes 30 fucking turns to make an improvement
>barbarians take 1 turn to pillage it
brilliant
>>
>>148356720
But with liberty and pyramids, you can build them in 15 turns instead!
>>
>>148356982
suffering.
atleast units in marathon get a lot of use before needing to be upgraded.
gold civs are op as fuck in marathon though.
>>
>>148354458
>Imperium of Man
>not a multicul Swedish Empire where you enslave all your primary pops
>>
If I build robot pops, can I enslave them like normal? Do they get the slavery production bonus? Does it stack with their robot bonus?
>>
>>148352153
nah, its always been like that. and yea, incas UA is weird, but I guess since they get hill starts/areas commonly, it works out.
>>
Best FTL method in Stellaris?

Wormhole seems the best bc Jump Drives but it's shit for exploration.
>>
>playing Stellaris
>find an enemy planet
>name it Kharak
>can't burn it
I just wish they added some mock news where the media refers to some of your actions as "the automaton genocide", or "the pacification of Elona Gay". It would add perspective to the game.
>>
>>148360321
But anon, surely you not suggest to actually make game fun?
Or to spend time to think over the game design?
I am sure that you not.
Just think about all DLC that you can get.
>>
>>148360702
I just want some events to mark me. In strategy games, there's never nothing impressive.
When I played Deus Ex as a kid, I was really proud of me the first time I managed to save Paul, but strategy games, either the small RTS or the 4X, they never feel epic.

If Paradox managed to write a theorem to determine how important an event is, and added mock news report to talk about said event and its influence, you would finally have the feeling you did something epic when you finally took down the Windows Imperium, instead of just shrugging it off as "another AI out of the way".
>>
>>148360960
actually PI did that thing, but in another game
Vicky had like monthly newspapers detailing all major events across the world
>>
>>148361245
Oh? Neat. I'll have to try it once.
Just to see the newspaper headline when I burn down Washington.
>>
>>148361245
But headlines in Vicky can be pre-written. In Stellaris, they would have to be half-randomly generated despite from the traits you have, your ethics, the enemies's ethics, the enemies' traits, and your cassus belli.
>>
>Turns out plantoid cities have been in the game already and can be unlocked with mods
>Plantoids were in a pre-release video
ah, cut content to resell.
I wonder how much of the game was actually made before release
>>
Is it weird to ask people for practice matches in a general?
>>
>>148365609
Try it and find out.
>>
>>148365898
Fair enough.

Would you help me learn CiV by beating me a few times? A friend wants to play with me tomorrow, and I don't want to disappoint him.
>>
>>148363394

piracy piracy pi ra cy
>>
>>148366145
You're right, that was pretty weird. Nevermind, then.
>>
>>148160929
roll
>>
how about fixing the fucking mongoloid sector AI first you shitstain swedes :DDD
>>
>>148366145
Now I feel like a cunt for being flippant about it, because I've just moved into a uni residence with 10 GB/month residential internet and immediately spent most of it because I'd forgotten how little that is.

On the bright side, unless your friend is challenging you to an MLG 1v1 deathmatch in my experience it doesn't really matter - play alone and read a few guides to get some idea of what to do, but don't feel like you have to live up to any standards.

Hell, the last multiplayer I played with friends and acquaintances, we had a rank beginner who settled bare snow cities "because snow is cool".
>>
>>148366145
You can play on a team if you dont want to disappoint :)
>>
>>148213064
Korea because all that science
>>
>>148347130
the ship is all
>>
>>148213064
GERMANY STRONK
HANSE = INFINITE PRODUCTION
PANZERS = DEATH
FREE UNITS AND A SHIT TON OF MONEY
>>
File: sri pada what are you doing.jpg (574KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sri pada what are you doing.jpg
574KB, 1600x900px
what the fuck
>>
>>148367808
I tried that, but by accident. Teammate left early (can't blame him for that), other opponent had to do something else and left, last player flattened my capital and left the game without a word. I get the impression I offended him somehow.

Now every multiplayer game I try to join they kick me immediately. All of them. Every single one. I want to play the game against people and learn, but now I can't do that. And I feel like I don't even know why, and never had a chance in the first place.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this.

>>148367167
I like challenges, though, and I at least want to feel like something more than a speedbump. It's never fun to play against people who might as well not even be there. Reading up on stuff is all well and good, but experience beats knowledge nine times out of ten.

You don't need to feel like a cunt though, people write guides and that's what I should've done in the first place.
>>
>>148369983
>I tried that, but by accident
Clarifying: didn't intentionally seek out a 2v2 to compensate for me. Wanted a free-for-all, got a 2v2 instead.
>>
>>148349964
>no star lanes
it's like you hate playing without geography
>>
>tfw getting tired of current campaign
I'm large, my vassals hate me, my uplifted species hate me, my alien pops are unhappy, I have the strongest fleet in the galaxy and utilize genetically modified alien armies to conquer planets for me

I don't even know how it came to this with a materialistic individualist ethos
>>
File: Stellaris leader name annoyance.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Stellaris leader name annoyance.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
How do you rename your empire's leader in Stellaris?

In the custom empire generator, I think I gave both my starting female and male leaders the same name (Taradak Kirvus). Now, all the leaders have that name; whereas in a previous game, leaders generated with new names and sometimes had "Kirvus" as a last name.

I know you can rename basic leaders like scientists, admirals, etc.; but how do you rename your empire's leader?

Is this another bug, or something that I fucked up?
>>
>>148370480
Hyperlane only would be great if battles weren't just fleets hopping back and forth from system to system. They're all just clusterfuck at the edges of your systems.
>>
>Desert folklore, petra, kasbah, desert hill
ABSOLUTELY UNLAWFUL YIELDS
>>
>>148372254
so how do wormholes or warp improve on that?
>>
How do I get good at Civ 5
What should I put my citizens on?
Should I expand as fast as my happiness will let me?
How important is religion?
>>
>>148372107
By clicking on his name?
>>
Dear /4xg/.

I started playing Beyond Earth with Rising Tide installed recently and I started to wonder - why Im developing so slow?

I mean, I dont go ultra wide right away and I understand having to spend 20 turns on first tech, but for basically each next too? Im at turn 60 right now and I feel like I just started.

I guess it does help the situation, when I develop new units afaster than I can build them, but still, Im afraid if Im not doing something wrong, to have around 30 science points per turn and 3 cities.
>>
>>148375520
Food
Yes, Tradition 4 cities, liberty as many as you want
Very important for wide, a good plus but not needed for tall
>>
>>148379017
Thank you for your help anon
How often should I use specialists? It looks like having a lot of academies is always important
>>
>>148380014
Science and culture specialists are pretty much mandatory.
Production specialists are good for cities with a lot of food
Never use gold specialists.
When you're tall you'll pretty much fill every specialist slot anyway, which is the only time using gold specialists is worth it
>>
>>148376058
i'm another person, but yeah that doesn't work.
>>
>>148380514
I don't mean to suggest you're a retard, but are you sure? If you click on his name through the character screen?
I'm genocidingly sure I managed to change my leader's name that way.
>>
>>148333245
Fucking hell he looks overpowered
>>
>>148342938
Well it's honestly the same with men
If you were guarenteed that someone was abusable and would never stand up for himself and bends over backwards to lick your feet, mot men would abuse them too.
>>
>>148380760
What's the character screen?

The Leaders Tab just has scientists, admirals, governors, and generals. There's no option for the actual empire leader.
>>
>>148382331
Weird.
>>
>>148369983
>>148366145

Still looking for a game?
>>
>>148381335
Domestic Abuse problem pinpointed by /4xg/
>>
Help I'm playing a Distant Worlds game and I'm at war with the neighboring race of Mortalens. They have fleets in all my systems and everything is dying oh my god send help please there's lizards everywhere
>>
>>148349964
frontier outpost will be there you just can't detect it because it outside or sensor range. Or they are building a colony maybe
>>
>>148382331
you need to change/mod rulers names when the creation of the empire is done I think.
>>
Just got civ 5 the other day, what's the best way to learn to play it? Doing it through the tutorial seems to bombard with you with options, trial and error in single player okay?
>>
>>148394262
Thats what I did but I suck
>>
File: 1461308142681.jpg (8KB, 113x128px) Image search: [Google]
1461308142681.jpg
8KB, 113x128px
>be minding my own business in my empire
>suddenly evil slaver empire declares war on me
>defend myself and protect the galaxy by wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy
>>
>>148397450
You need to liberate, that turns them into your ethos, effectively you teach them the error of their ways, without the genocide part.
>>
File: q5MLTeO.png (597KB, 504x928px) Image search: [Google]
q5MLTeO.png
597KB, 504x928px
What do you think? Check C5
>>
>>148398291
Like East Germany?
>>
>>148398291
>without the genocide part
then where is the fun though, anon?
>>
>>148398601
I'm just telling that anon how to not get the "Bad Guy" tag from all the other empires.

Didn't say it'd be fun.
>>
>>148160929
Posting
>>
>>148160929
Reroll
>>
>>148302643
Did you check out "Gung Ye"? Google 궁예 also. The only prob is that the eye patch should be on the other eye. Not saying he is, just a random guess. Also not just Goryeo but also check out Goguryeo 고구려.

Also, if true (most likely not) it's kinda awkward they would name the civ Goryeo and not Korea since Goryeo and Korea is the same exact thing. Also, civ games tend to name the civs on the people (i.e. Americans) not the country (i.e. USA). Goryeons sounds weird as fuck.
>>
File: 1439802947594.jpg (35KB, 604x517px) Image search: [Google]
1439802947594.jpg
35KB, 604x517px
>tfw surveying new systems
>>
>>148406717
>/4xg/ checks out /gsg/
>>
File: 1440596457939.jpg (47KB, 604x369px) Image search: [Google]
1440596457939.jpg
47KB, 604x369px
>>148406936
SAVAGE
>>
>>148392171
I did, and all my rulers have the same name now - male and female.
>>
What does the term "REXing" mean in Stellaris? I have been trying to find a definition in the forums and it's not been forthcoming.

Also trying to get ethics divergence to get these pops I've integrated / had ceded to me to play nice and be happy is ridiculous.
>>
>>148407942
Durrr and now that I posted I found it - it's rapid expansion from civ.
>>
>>148398408
What I'm thinking is, it has to be either Mongols, Ottomans or Persia, right? Whereas every one of these civs should be in the fucking main game, but we got Brazil in the main game instead, yey

And if it's none of those civs but some unheard civ just put there in the sake of diversity, I'll probably lose all of my hope for Civ VI
>>
>>148407942
getting pops to play nice is a losing battle. Ethics divergence is all sorts of fucked up. Best way is to just purge them and hope the next pops that grow are more amenable
>>
>>148152190
This is literally two generals mashed into one. These games have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>148408259

Yeah that's what it seems. Otherwise it seems that I have to stack every lithurian gas dispenser / edict / happiness modifier / etc. and hope the random walk algorithm moves in the right direction.

I'm playing a randomly generated spiritualist / fanatic militarist and I'd like to roleplay and not genocide everything in some games buuuuut deus vult
>>
>>148152190
>Dead Communities General
lel
>>
>>148408191
Well, they gotta get dat Brazil $$, not to mention that the Rio Olympics are coming up. But Brazil in the main game really is strange, so is Poland's inclusion. The main game should be reserved for the regulars, a token black civ, a token indigenous civ or two, and a couple interesting first-timers. Brazil and Poland were included obviously to cater to their respective markets. Their inclusion doesn't bother me though, what bothers me is the cunt who is representing France.
>>
>>148408746
>I'd like to roleplay and not genocide everything
me too, it's just not viable currently unless you're playing pacifist with transcendent republic or transcendent oligarchy and put orbital mind control lasers everywhere.
>>
>>148340870
honestly, yes
>>
>>148408824
im wondering if they'll randomly make poland the best civ in the game again.
what the fuck was that? poland is not even that big of a cultural capital.
>>
>>148408824
They obviously plan to go for the full DLC moneygrab.
>>
>>148341815
>france
>no napoopan
what is this new devilry?

>russia
>peter
russians gonna be pissed. one man they didnt want there.

>poland
>jadwiga
OVER THE LINE!
>>
how the fuck does the prethoryn scourge's borders work? I've taken over a whole group of 16 planets completely separate for any of their stations or planets and I even built stations of my own in them, despite that, it is all still in their territory.
>>
>>148415940
Remember, more than one leader possibility still exist

Though this makes me wonder, will vanilla game come with only these leaders and they'll sell second leaders as DLCs? Or are these only list of main leaders and they actually have second leaders for civs somewhere

I mean, I can understand that some people are bored of the classic leaders, but I want a civ with Napoopan, Washington, etc damnit

>>148341815
Also this pic made me wonder, I saw pics of Pedro with both black hair and blonde hair. What was the real color of this guy's hair? In Civ V he was old so it was simply white
>>
>>148416545
>civ 6 beyond the sword-tier expansion comes out with a new leader or two for every civ
>>
Why does my colour and emblem change the first time I load a saved multiplayer game? Stellaris
>>
>>148415940
What's wrong with peter?
>>
>>148416630
see
>>148415818

Two leaders for each civ is something I've been expecting to see again for a long time, and the ease with which steam allows them to sell DLC makes this a pretty obvious and straightforward move.

It even allows them to have two different leader personalities for each Civ, which is going to result in all kinds of hilariously broken combos whenever they release a new leader pack.
>>
/4xg/, what are games where singleplayer AI is interesting? like actually interesting? you know, has personality and shit?
>>
Reminder to join the /4xg/ Discord https://discord.gg/P2SZ88U
>>
>>148417841
galactic civ?
>>
>>148418147
what its AI like?
>>
>>148417841
I'll go ahead and suggest EL

What 4xes have you played before? Also what do you exactly mean by personality?
>>
>>148208891
Trans doods should stop terrorising eventually. They can be quite usefull if they give themselves different traits or environment prefetences. In my playthrough rn, my armies consists mainly of augmented humans because they just do more damage.
>>
>>148417843
you're not tricking me again you fuck! I just spent the whole of yesterday cleaning my computer.
>>
Please! Stop with the fucking female leaders!!

At least limit them to actually relevant ones, like Victoria, Isabella, etc. WTF is Jadiqwa or Shaniqua or whatever the fuck her name is doing in this game?
>>
File: 1468442165165.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
1468442165165.gif
2MB, 370x319px
>>148418461
I have played most the mainstream one's.
>Total War Game
>Endless Games
>Heroes of Might and Magic games
>Age of Wonders Games
>Civ games
>Galactic Inheritors
>Stellaris
>Sins of Solar Empires

By personality I mean that different AI factions are out for different things. For example dwarf faction would not really be interested to leave underground and would be content digging new tunnels underground unearthing gold mines. But would try to banish anyone else trying to come underworld. Or for example some sort of space jew species would just try to make as much trade deals as possible to get all those juicy moneys, but wouldn't really be interested in conquering shit. Or for example a warmongering space species suddenly becomes friends with you because you did something good for them and now you have the most loyal ally you can ever find.

You get my idea? AI that posesses some sort of personality and is just not a generic min max game theory algorythm.
>>
>>148419203
I aint getting any responses. Does that mean that no 4X games have interesting AI?
>>
>>148420609
Pretty much every game you listed does that, or tries to do that to some degree. Endless Legend is probably currently the best for this but you've already played it, gotta wait for Civ VI imo
>>
File: kkiking2.jpg (604KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
kkiking2.jpg
604KB, 960x1280px
>>148419203
>>148420609
Should I just program one such game myself? I have always thought about doing such a thing. I have plenty of shitty platformers and flash game tier strategy games already.
>>
>>148415748
Not anymore but it was once.
>>
>>148421115
Your game's gonna suck, lad.
>>
>>148421647
can't be worse than stellaris :^)
>>
>my tributary is guaranteeing the independence of some small 4 planet empire
>tributary is decent and has 10 planets, nice income
>want to destroy this small empire and take some planets in their area
>can't without going to war with tributary which completely fucks the warscore
t-thanks
>>
File: Debat-Ponsan-matin-Louvre.jpg (479KB, 1337x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Debat-Ponsan-matin-Louvre.jpg
479KB, 1337x1050px
>>148408824
I dunno, if they had to pick a Queen of France, Catherine was probably one of the better choices. She was ruthless as hell.
>>
>>148415748
Poland was once one of the most powerful countries in Europe.

>>148421115
I've always had the idea of an AI that ran simulations in the back while you play to augment its capabilities
Like you know how Total War AI is dimwitted even at 10 cunning generals, with some sort of AI that reviews your battle config, how you set out your troops, etc. they'd run simplified versions of the battle while you're on the campaign map, and the cunning stats determines how many sims they run and how many different battles they can draw data from. Someone who's 1 cunning might do no sims at all while someone with 10 cunning might be able to use data from every battle you've played.

>>148423879
So what, she'll be a less competent Attila who attacks everyone and razes for kicks?
>>
File: disgusting interbreeding filth.jpg (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting interbreeding filth.jpg
579KB, 1920x1080px
5 different species on one planet. Sickening.
>>
>>148424121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE
>>
>>148378863

Please respond ;_;
>>
>>148424295
Righteous.
>>
>>148424364
Lad, I don't think anyone here plays BE
>>
>>148341815
Gee, Spain, how come Firaxis let you have two leaders?
>>
>>148424364
Sorry m8, I only pirated BE and decided it wasn't worth the money or time.
>>
File: imperial creed.jpg (47KB, 800x505px) Image search: [Google]
imperial creed.jpg
47KB, 800x505px
>>148424295
The Emperor Protects.
>>
Is Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri okay?
I'm thinking of getting it on GoG.
>>
>>148425627
I like it, people often think it's one of Sid's best games. But how are your relationship with old games? It's pretty old. UI and shit might feel clunky to you. I guess pirate it first and buy it after if you like it
>>
>>148425627
If you can stomach brown colour and old UI then yes.
Its one of the best 4x. Very climatic and well written.
>>
>>148425765
One of my favourite game is Seven Kingdoms 2 if it helps.

>>148425790
I'm curious to see a well written 4X.
>>
>>148160929
rolling
>>
>>148398291
>You need to liberate, that turns them into your ethos
can I vassal them afterwards then?

because that would make my individualsit xenophile playthrough so much better
>>
>>148425047
>>148425431

So sad, I bought it with expansion and everybody was telling me that Im jsut getting shitty mod to Civ V, but so far, if this is a mod, it is really well made mod. Seriously much better than what people told me it will be.

Maybe thats because of expansion, tho, everyone that gave me negative opinion only played unpatched, release version and never touched expansion.

And, of course, was telling me to play SMAC instead, but I was so full of it, I couldnt play it anymore. Besides, it felt a bit too old for me (mainly UI). "Redux" mod dont really change anything in that matter.
>>
>>148408474
>These games have nothing to do with each other.
Stellaris is pretty 4x
>>
>>148417841
>/4xg/, what are games where singleplayer AI is interesting
MoO2
>>
>>148425790
>If you can stomach brown colour and old UI then yes.
ugh

so much this

I couldn't
>>
>>148427013
The expansion is an improvement over the base game, but you've gotta admit the game is ridiculously unbalanced. I mean, all the ideology-specific units are useless (with the possible exception of the hoversled, but that still means like 17/18 never get built).
>>
Any good research-based mods for stellaris?
Actually, just give me your favourite mods
>>
>>148427481

I cant say about it, I dont play multiplayer or something.

So far, Im only pissed off about THIRD worm that happily goes around, fucking up every single imporvement, while all my units barely scratch it.
>>
File: my main man.png (28KB, 174x192px) Image search: [Google]
my main man.png
28KB, 174x192px
I really wish there was another Heroes of M&M game that was as good as III with all the expansions, new ones are kinda meh tier.

i also wish there was another might and magic game as good as 6/7, might and magic 10 by 3DO never EVER
>>
when does plant people dlc come out?

can i pirate the dlc if i've bought the game? (yes i know >buying)
>>
>ISB Doomsday
MY GENOCIDE CRUSADE BEGINS HERE
>>
File: eRRqDl2.png (105KB, 213x340px) Image search: [Google]
eRRqDl2.png
105KB, 213x340px
Was looking for Napoleon stuff and found about his visit to the Great Pyramid, do any of you guys know anything about this? Is this even real?

TL;DR: Nappy visits the Great Pyramid and asks to be left alone in the King's Chamber. When he comes out he's visibly pale and shaken. When people ask him what he saw/what happened there he simply refuses to answer and orders them to never bring it again. Years after when he's on his deathbed a friend asks him what he saw there, when he was about to answer he just gives up and says "You'd not believe me anyway.". Also I think Alexander also went to the King's Chamber when he was alive

Any thoughts on this? Looked interesting to me
>>
>>148417841
The Last Federation is kind of like Princess Maker except with alien civilizations.
>>
Lads I'm bored as fuck
Is Caveman to Cosmos good yet, bloat aside?

>>148432490
Who knows.
>>
>>148432852

Xbox huge in content, last time I played normal map with a little more civs than usual, game alsted for two weeks and I won before reaching modern age anyway.

This was required, to be honest - each turn was taking longer and longer to pass, in the end, PC needed around 2-3 minutes for each turn.
>>
>>148432986
So it still uses Rome 2 tier turn times?
Fuck.
>>
>>148433035

I checked Civfanatics forum and found out that it used to be much worse.

NOW Im scared ;_;
>>
>10
>>
File: 20160713040438_1.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160713040438_1.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
>>148437659
We're le ded
>>
A question: Can we build the same district more than one times in one city in Civ VI? Can we specialize cities this way? Like all of districts being science one, etc
>>
>>148204393
Anyone other than materialist can have it randomly show up as a tech card, materialists can only get it if they have a scientist with the psionic expertise trait leading society research.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1126x844px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1126x844px
>>148406936
That's some good bantz famalam.
>>
File: 20160701224703_1.jpg (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160701224703_1.jpg
498KB, 1920x1080px
>>148438405
I got Zro revealed and Navigator Guilds as a Fanatic Materialist without any scientist oddity, but then never got another psi tech by 2600
>>
>>148438798
I hope there'll be an option to deactivate factions. They sound like a major pain in the ass.
>>
>>148438884
yup they're a fucking pain in the ass because you can't do anything to manage except spend energy and influence because they are usually in sectors. Sectors still manage this stuff very badly.
>>
File: 20160706164508_1.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160706164508_1.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>148438884
> I hope there'll be an option to deactivate factions. They sound like a major pain in the ass.

I don't object to them in theory, but they're bugged to fuck at the moment. Pic related is what happened when I had a faction revolt. Nothing actually happened gameplay-wise, I just got all this shit
>>
>>148438967
Too bad I can't dispatch troops or something.
So far, the only solutions I've seen is "throw energy at it and wait for whatever malus that caused it to disappear".

>>148439138
I don't know, Crusader Kings 2 kinda traumatized me. Factions were always mere threats, until four lords would suddenly join it and instantly revolt.
At least in Stellaris, they can't become real threats out of the blue, but I still expect them to become relevant at the worst possible time.

Just like the AI loves to declare war on me the moment I declare war to another.
>>
New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf_U-mbM6zA

Can anyone summarize me what it is? My graphics card is eating itself right now, I can't watch it
>>
File: 2nH5hNC.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2nH5hNC.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
>>148439248
>I don't know, Crusader Kings 2 kinda traumatized me. Factions were always mere threats, until four lords would suddenly join it and instantly revolt.

That's true, but I actually liked it, because I'm a sucker for punishment.

I guess my complaint with Stellaris at the moment is that it's too easy past the earlygame. I have literally never been stopped from snowballing even once; my game just degenerates into "Declare war, win easily, wait 10 years, repeat".

CK2 at least kept you on your toes by throwing up internal threats all the time. While Stellaris' anti-blob mechanism is just a super-arbitrary "You must wait 10 years to have fun".

Hell, remember when they claimed the Crises were going to be existential threats to even the mightiest lategame blob, and yet they're Literally Nothing?

It's just all a fucking mess, frankly.
>>
>>148439605
nothing new, no new images or anything for the civfanatics people to go sherlock at. its just talked about how they wanted the map to be old-style, how they wanted the whole time of day system, and that they wanted basically everything to be destructible/pillaged.
>>
>>148439982
At least I had fun with Stellaris.
CKII just throws so much shit at my face that between the revolts, the backstabbing, the others lords forging claims on me and my vassals creating factions, I always lose within the first year.
No, I like Stellaris the way it is now. Not too hard, but it could use more immersion.
>>
>>148439248
CK2 is actually fun though and most of the mechanics don't feel forced even if it's stupid. Council is a pain in the ass but it kind of makes sense.
Stellaris is just shit.

>>148440136
>always lose within the first year
Do you have trouble on Settler difficulty playing Civ V too or something?
>>
>>148160929
I can't stop trolling with spain, please help
>>
File: The_Turks_Are_A_Hardy_People.png (968KB, 758x1460px) Image search: [Google]
The_Turks_Are_A_Hardy_People.png
968KB, 758x1460px
>>148440136
Fair enough.
I'll say this for Stellaris: even though I think it's trivial now, I have great hopes for improvement.
I know that "D-d-d-devs will improve it for years!" is a really Paradrone-y excuse for the game being a half-finished unbalanced mess now, but my imagination runs wild with what the game could be if they do pull their finger out.
>>
File: anal.jpg (491KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anal.jpg
491KB, 1280x1024px
>>148440594
So do I. I have really high hopes for the game, and seeing that they added different kind of armies (namely the xenomorph army), I'm really hyped for what kind of expansions they'll pop out.

I'm a little upset we have to wait for expansions, though.
But I'm too busy taking over the the galaxy in the name of Lady Blanc to really bother.
>>
>>148440762
At least the DLC bloat shitfest can work with Stellaris. They have been throwing so much DLC at CK2 without caring how it all fits together, that it feels like a Frankenstein now. EU4 is becoming the same.
>>
>>148441145
True. I was really overwhelmed when I stopped playing CKII demo and tried the full game with all DLCs. Suddenly I had retinues, factions, the AI was way more aggressive and way smarter.
Shit, even since I got the game, I've been sucking at it while I managed to fare pretty decently in the demo.
>>
File: BJEzZWd.png (49KB, 350x204px) Image search: [Google]
BJEzZWd.png
49KB, 350x204px
>>148440053
Someone found this actually, the guy on the left is probably Hojo, who's on the right? someone with a turban? Did we see anyone like that in that leader list?
>>
>no mention of civ 6 using more than one core so turns dont take eons to finish on huge maps

is it really that difficult to use more than one core?
>>
File: 78e.jpg (50KB, 512x407px) Image search: [Google]
78e.jpg
50KB, 512x407px
did they fixed stellaris yet?

the worst thing I remember was allied ai sending 10k stacks to my capital to help the war efford
>>
>>148441921
Still broken. I'm losing faith in another game studio. Feels bad man.
>>
>>148441461
Saladin ain't it

>>148441921
No.

>>148441848
Who fucking knows
>>
>>148438798
That's because that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
>>
File: that was easy.jpg (103KB, 987x679px) Image search: [Google]
that was easy.jpg
103KB, 987x679px
>tfw didn't even know the war had started or who I was fighting
>>
>>148427006

When you liberate them, they get the same government and ethos you have + they get a massive opinion plus for you (you liberated us).
IF they are tiny enough (2-3 planets), you may vassalize them immediatly and integrate them 10 years later.
>>
File: 1464612787596.jpg (77KB, 784x417px) Image search: [Google]
1464612787596.jpg
77KB, 784x417px
>>148443331
This isn't a good idea, though.
Influence is really, REALLY hard to come by in the current patch and vassal integration costs a shittonne of it.
It really is much better to just annex them and take whatever hits that might deal you.
>>
>>148443331
their pops don't get ethos tho. This is what creates issues and factions
>>
>>148441461
Cyrus, Xerxes...Saladin?
>>
File: Slavic Girls Empire 03.jpg (608KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Slavic Girls Empire 03.jpg
608KB, 1920x1080px
>>148284858
Slavic Girls started out with a fast exploration of the entire galaxy. They had a largely empty area to the north which I expanded into. Then I started dealing with the west and south.
>>
File: Slavic Girls Empire 04.jpg (616KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Slavic Girls Empire 04.jpg
616KB, 1920x1080px
>>148444417
Fearing I had expanded too early my fears were soon put to rest when my tech stayed above all competition. My fleet power soon outmatched all but the fallen empires. Soon there was not a challenger strong enough to stand against the mighty Slavic Girls.
>>
File: Siberia minerals 02.jpg (295KB, 1120x762px) Image search: [Google]
Siberia minerals 02.jpg
295KB, 1120x762px
>>148444548
Siberia is progressing nicely. Soon we will be at maximum capacity. At first I was using robots. Then a discovered a pre-sentient race and uplifted them with industrious trait as I would send them to siberia and a small mining sector that I just created. They shall not be allowed to spread as I must keep the heart of the empire pure!
>>
>>148441848

Write a software that uses two or more cores, then you will find out, if this is easy or hard.

If you are skilled with programming, then not really, but it sure require more work, as you have to split your program into tasks that can be done at the same time. You cant just make a soft and expect it to handle itself - you have to write it with few cores in mind.

I was trying to write a fitting program for lab data once, that could use two cores, you know. I blame my poor programming skills, tho.
>>
>Liking Rising Tide, check out mods for custom sponsors
>Every cool mod is for basic game, not Rising Tide, even SMAC fractions

It hurts.
>>
>>148441848
Perhaps it was so people with bad computers also can play it?

Also we just hit bump limit
>>
>>148445690
It's actually not that hard as long as you account for it while planning the program.
>>
can i add modifiers to planets in stellaris using the console? i want to add titanic life to a world.
>>
>>148443331
That's pretty neat.

>>148443894
>>148444101
That's less neat.
>>
>>148448093
>>148448093
>>148448093
>>
>>148444938
If you've uplifted them you should send one of your species there for the happiness bonus.
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 137

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.