[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 773
Thread images: 87

File: hyperkin-smart-boy.jpg (39KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
hyperkin-smart-boy.jpg
39KB, 1200x600px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.
>>
First for DRM'd emulators
>>
>>146067443
Piracy loses out when the effort required is too much. Its why piracy of closed systems is very low or virtually non existent. I don't see a lot of people pirating iOS and PS4 software, do you?
>>
To the cockroach BSD fag in here talking about his 'trade secrets', 'illegal piracy' and all this bullshit:

""Can't keep your trade secrets secret"

Oh you mean those 'trade secrets' you violated in the first place by making this emulator in the first place, with your oh-so-clean-room-reversing?

You are quite the hypocrite.

"can't include closed source DRM to protect your software from illegal piracy."

You do realize the software in this case has as its sole purpose 'illegal piracy', right?

I see another narcissistic piece of shit trying to defend his scumbaggery and thinking that just because Nintendo/Sony hasn't sued his ass yet, that what he is doing is 'legal'.

There are many reasons why emulators should remain non-commercial, one of them is that you don't want to invite the wrath of the powers that be in this industry to invite a closer look at your emulators and how 'legal' it actually is. I will tell you upfront you won't survive a thorough audit/examination at all, companies aren't stupid and they can spot an IDA dump/verilog-to-C dump from a mile away. Stop acting stupid and coy."
>>
>>146067732
>To the cockroach BSD fag in here talking about his 'trade secrets', 'illegal piracy' and all this bullshit:
I'm the BSD fag but I didn't make the post about trade secrets or DRM

>Oh you mean those 'trade secrets' you violated in the first place by making this emulator in the first place, with your oh-so-clean-room-reversing?
Reverse engineering is usually fair game. Please educate yourself.

>You do realize the software in this case has as its sole purpose 'illegal piracy', right?
Haven't companies used emulators to sell games they own the right to? I seem to remember someone using a commercially licensed version of an emulator to sell a game on Steam or something. That seems like a perfectly reasonable use to me.

>you don't want to invite the wrath of the powers that be in this industry to invite a closer look at your emulators and how 'legal' it actually is
Clean room emulators are legal. Creating software to mimic hardware is legal. Using roms you don't own is not in most places. I don't know who you think I am but I've never written an emulator or anything else using 'dirty' information.
>>
>>146067732
Protip: that post was bait
>>
>>146068227
It didn't taste very good and your line broke.
>>
>>146068224
>>You do realize the software in this case has as its sole purpose 'illegal piracy', right?
>Haven't companies used emulators to sell games they own the right to? I seem to remember someone using a commercially licensed version of an emulator to sell a game on Steam or something. That seems like a perfectly reasonable use to me.

Not to mention people creating hardware kits that can run original cartridges, ROMs, etc.
>>
>>146068369

They own the rights to those games, you don't.

You are a pathetic loser in your basement that thinks he is entitled money over intellectual copyright theft, they are a legit company with actual licenses and intellectual property rights.

I know narcissism is all the rage these days, but honestly, humble emudev, it is not working for you. When Paypal can shut your 'donation efforts' down at the drop of a hat and you have no recourse, you really are not all that' legit' yet. Better humble yourself up and stop pretending you have suddenly become an 'entrepreneur' lording over a new viable business model when it ain't. If it were, Apple Store, Blackberry World, Paypal and others would all be 'humoring' you like Google would right now, and they don't.
>>
File: 1462618165941.jpg (73KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
1462618165941.jpg
73KB, 800x751px
>all this posting about FF
>tfw I can ignore it because jrpgs are fucking trash and I would never play them anyway
>>
Bystander fag here, what do I do if I think you're all retarded pieces of shit?
>>
>>146068525
I get the feeling you think I'm someone I'm not.

>They own the rights to those games, you don't
And yet a purely non-commercial GPL-only emulator wouldn't let them use the emulator for selling the game(s) they own. I don't see what the point of your argument here is at all.

>Better humble yourself up and stop pretending you have suddenly become an 'entrepreneur' lording over a new viable business model when it ain't
People who have created emulators and have a platform to sell them are doing pretty well. I don't see anything wrong with the epsxse or drastic devs. At the end of the day, whether or not piracy falls into the equation depends on if the people using the emulator don't own the roms in the first place. I agree no one manually dumps roms but I'm sure a lot of the people who grab an emulator to play some pokemon or something do so mostly because they owned the games when they were younger and want a kick of nostalgia. Nothing wrong with that.

There are also lots of other spaces where people don't get involved because of the GPL and its viral cancer. I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example. I think RA's internals are great but from a user experience pov its fucking trash.

Way more people would try something like that if RA was BSD or permissively licensed instead and that would add genuine value.
>>
>>146068525
Your arguments are self defeating. If emulators are only used to facilitate piracy they shouldn't exist at all, noncommercial license or not.
>>
>>146069000
>I agree no one manually dumps roms but I'm sure a lot of the people who grab an emulator to play some pokemon or something do so mostly because they owned the games when they were younger and want a kick of nostalgia. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is, it's called piracy and the epsxe / drastic dev is profiteering from it.

Look at the terms of service of Paypal/Google/Apple/any service. This is specifically outlawed. Just because you haven't been caught yet does not mean you are currently operating in the right. You definitely are not 'legal', you are employing a loophole.
>>
>>146069102

Nope, mods that are done with no profit motive are usually allowed by game companies.As soon as you try to profit off it, things become different and companies are within their full right to shut you down to protect their IP. It has happened to several mods that thought they were getting too 'smart' for their own shoes.

It has been the same for emulation.

You honestly don't get how things work in the real world and your narcissism and greed prevents you from doing just that.
>>
>>146069169
Haven't court cases on PSX emulation specifically ruled that hardware emulation is not piracy, only distributing the software/games is?
>>
>>146069000
>There are also lots of other spaces where people don't get involved because of the GPL and its viral cancer. I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example. I think RA's internals are great but from a user experience pov its fucking trash.
>Way more people would try something like that if RA was BSD or permissively licensed instead and that would add genuine value.

And that is exactly why RetroArch will never become 'permissively licensed', they do not want some scumbag taking RA, making some '2kool4school' tripe around it, put it behind a paywall and then sell it and lock up the changes.

You seem to think everybody is a sucker.
>>
File: 1466142599054.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466142599054.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>146068665
That was a silly argument that would never have existed in the first place had the guy(s) who started it researched the topic for 2 minutes.
>>
>>146069351

Those court cases were a sideshow attraction, they didn't prove shit.

And the end result was still that bleem was bankrupted and VGS was bought by Sony. Get over it by now, you are not going to win this argument because the thing you routinely hold up did not set any precedents.

As ever in a piracy haven composed of mostly thieves, people try to skew the facts to fit their narrative. You say there was a victory for legitimicacy won there, enough people repeat it, that then becomes 'accepted fact', when in fact it isn't.

The same with this argument that 'emulation is completely legal' yet 99% of the emulators out there are two hairs away from incorporating official Nintendo/SGI/some other big conglomerate-copyrighted sourcecode. These 'myths' are about as convincing as 'you can download the game and legally play it if you remove it within 24 hours'.
>>
>>146069351
yes, remember bleem

>>146069426
>they do not want some scumbag taking RA, making some '2kool4school' tripe around it, put it behind a paywall and then sell it and lock up the changes.

Why does this make you a scumbag? It adds utility and improves a piece of software. Why is it wrong to charge for that?
>>
>>146069547
>special case that I didn't know could even exist and that I haven't even noticed before someone told me about it
>improved background of the PSX are the PC ones darkened and blurred
>those two minor difference are somehow the worst thing to ever happen in a port
Anon plz you're still just as full of shit as earlier today, if you want to complain abvout bad FF ports take a good long look at FF5/6.
>>
>>146069620
>>they do not want some scumbag taking RA, making some '2kool4school' tripe around it, put it behind a paywall and then sell it and lock up the changes.
>Why does this make you a scumbag? Why is it wrong to charge for that?

Because you don't contribute source back in the process and you erect a paywall around it.

> It adds utility and improves a piece of software.

That is not enough. Source must be contributed back or else we are back to square one. Others put in most of the hard work, you did some chump change stuff and you think you are entitled to make money off it AND not give anything back. No, it doesn't work that way for GPL-licensed software. Fuck off. If you want that, stick to BSD/MIT/whatever.
>>
>>146070073
>Because you don't contribute source back in the process and you erect a paywall around it.
I (theoretically) don't contribute source back because I want to be paid for my effort, not because I have a problem with making my source available

>you did some chump change stuff
Sure and I want the chump change. Alternatively if you feel its useless, don't pay for it or pirate it

>No, it doesn't work that way for GPL-licensed software. Fuck off. If you want that, stick to BSD/MIT/whatever.
Yeah thats the crux of the argument. The GPL is cancer.
>>
>>146069616
>And the end result was still that bleem was bankrupted and VGS was bought by Sony. Get over it by now, you are not going to win this argument because the thing you routinely hold up did not set any precedents.
Okay, what impact does that have on the legal precedent set by the case?
>>
File: Hold2.jpg (765KB, 1431x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hold2.jpg
765KB, 1431x1000px
I believe I have found the best way to hold this set up

now if only my hands weren't currently injured and going numb after playing in this position for a while

Also hard to get a picture without a third hand
>>
>>146068770
https://xkcd.com/774/
>>
>>146069968
Not much wrong with those ports other than the mobile UI and botched music loop. The new sprites are subjective. God awful.
>>
>>146071096
>The new sprites are subjective.
Those in 6 I'd agree, the enemy sprites aren't even that bad if you can stand the smoothed look.

The field ones from 5 look worse than something from an RPG maker default tileset.
>>
Trans lives matter

RIP Rachel
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4orhc3/dolphin_adds_usage_statistics_reporting_in_an/d4fdn8h?context=3
>>
>>146067364
Ah yes.

Two action buttons, a dpad, and two auxillary buttons.
What more could you need for elegant gaming?
>>
You fags really knocked the shitposting up quite a few levels for this thread.
>>
>>146071887
>Post title
What's wrong, scared of letting the NSA in?

>Linked comment
Glad to see the defense force is out on patrol.
I personally don't use Dolphin, but I know a black guy, and I can imagine something seemingly obvious (and probably long running) hasn't been fixed yet.

Two sides to the fence though: seemingly entitled end users who only want the best or developer white knights who actually know nothing.
>>
So how is that Wii U emulation coming? Can I play Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X on my pc yet?
>>
>>146073626
If you donate to his Patreon... maybe.
>>
>>146069616
i'm morally with you anon, but jesus christ you're an autistic retard.
seriously -- shut the fuck up. Leave legal matters to those who've actually studied law.
you do not know what you're talking about.
thanks,
everyone.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-174818.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-174818.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>>146073315
We need shitfilters to match the shitposting. Post 'em.
>>
What is the best CRT shader?
>>
>>146073728

The legal system is a scam, it's just how lawyers play it.

If you don't understand this you are the actual retard.

The 'law' is about one thing and one thing alone, money. And money can change whatever the law is at every turn.
>>
>>146070431

It's happy cancer then since it keeps useless garbage people like you out that would otherwise want to abuse said software and fork it off and give nothing back in return.

In fact, you just airing these thoughts ensured that RetroArch will never, ever become BSD/MIT. Because if this is the mentality that comes with BSD heads, then fuck you all, I will side willingly with the 'cancer' instead then. At least cancer is viral and contagious and has a way of erasing you.
>>
>>146073943
CRT Geom, Hyllian and Lottes at or below 1080p, Royale above 1080p. Downsampling is placebo and just messes with integer scaling. Don't bother with downsampled Royale.

You can also combine most of them for various effects. For instance, CRT Lottes has the best bloom, and you can use this with any of the other CRT shaders by having Lottes as an earlier shader pass and by setting hardScan to -4 and shadowMask to 0.
>>
>>146070431

"Sure and I want the chump change. Alternatively if you feel its useless, don't pay for it or pirate it"

Except you don't get the right to engage in your scumbaggery ways with the GPL and not contribute anything back, which is why we use it. We know there are always going to be nefarious pieces of shit out there in society that would willingly try to ruin any good idea just to be a contrarian, GPL is a good balance against that kind of scumbaggery.

> Alternatively if you feel its useless, don't pay for it or pirate it

Ah, but previously you alluded you wanted the BSD license so you could add some DRM around it so we could not 'pirate it' anymore, so this is basically as convincing a cop-out argument as 'don't like it? don't watch it'. It doesn't work that way, little boy, sorry that you don't get to steal candy from a store and then you don't get a blank check by the candy owner to sell the candy off as your own with nothing being provided back in return. Back to school like the good little boy you are where you can learn somethign about morals and ethics.
>>
>>146070605

There was no legal precedent set. That was the part where you were talking out of your ass, that was the 'myth'.

Not even the GPL has been successfully defended in court, most of the cases have been settled out of court with huge settlement fees going to the FSF. That does not magically validate your license, and niether was any kind of thing 'won' for emulation in general. You are pulling facts out of your ass.
>>
>>146074452
Why are you constantly talking about Retroarch when the discussion was about payware emulators and nobody was even mentioning that emulator frontend?
>>
File: 1450083325952.jpg (3MB, 2691x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1450083325952.jpg
3MB, 2691x2016px
>>146073943
What is the worst CRT shader?
>>
>>146075179

You're a liar.

>> 146069000

"Way more people would try something like that if RA was BSD or permissively licensed instead and that would add genuine value."
>>
>>146075305
CRT-Royale at sub-4k resolutions
>>
>>146074452
It's happy cancer then since it keeps useless garbage people like you out that would otherwise want to abuse said software and fork it off and give nothing back in return.
First you say its useless then you say you want the contrib back. If its useless, why would you care? It seems like your underlying problem is you don't want people to use RA in any capacity to make money.

>>146074726
>Ah, but previously you alluded you wanted the BSD license so you could add some DRM around it so we could not 'pirate it' anymore, so this is basically as convincing a cop-out argument as 'don't like it?

You're confused. The only thing I alluded to was value adds like a good GUI for RetroArch. I'm not the one advocating for DRM, but if someone wants to add that then so be it. I doubt anyone adding DRM to an open source permissively licensed code base would get very far, unless what they added outside of the DRM had significant value, in which case more power to them.

>It doesn't work that way, little boy, sorry that you don't get to steal candy from a store and then you don't get a blank check by the candy owner to sell the candy off as your own with nothing being provided back in return
Oh okay, so you don't understand the difference between tangible and digital content. Maybe you should go back to school famlee
>>
>>146075587
>It seems like your underlying problem is you don't want people to use RA in any capacity to make money.

Except the GPL would allow somebody the ability to do that. HOWEVER, what it doesn't give you is the right to have your cake and eat it too. When you distribute binaries of your modded RA then, you have to provide your changes back. That is only fair, and anybody who wants to argue against that basic principle, should not be taken seriously and should be laughed out of the room so you know your place again in society (nowhere).

Don't ask me to be a useful sucker for your insincere motives. I have to say, you are being a terrible spokesperson for BSD/MIT right now if by 'permissive' you mean 'being able to package up other people's shit and not give them anything back in return', otherwise you'd have no issue with the GPL as-is. I have the feeling you are a corporate shill that probably is licking every executive's ass in the hopes they will ever make you anything more than a middle manager. Sucks to be you son.
>>
File: Portable emulation smaller.jpg (932KB, 1920x2203px) Image search: [Google]
Portable emulation smaller.jpg
932KB, 1920x2203px
>>146067364
Sup OP. The phone actually has a dead display and I would still be using it if it was ok. Clip + PS3 controller + short USB + spare batteries + smartphone is pretty comfy. It'd be nice if there was a high performance phone with a 1080p display, OnePlus comes to mind. On that note, do recent SoCs fare well with stuff like PPSSPP? I tried running the final boss on Ys Felghana and it slowed down too much with a few enhancements.
>>
>>146076667
Can't fit that into your pocket though
>>
>>146076667
>It'd be nice if there was a high performance phone with a 1080p display,

It's called a laptop.
>>
>>146076667
The Start/Select/PS button look hard to press, but otherwise this seems fine.
>>
>>146076919
Fatty.
>>
>>146076762
Unfortunately. Here's hoping better tactile feedback comes with emerging touch tech.
>>
>>146077061
You'd need fucking toothpicks for fingers.
>>
File: bkub_cool.jpg (10KB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
bkub_cool.jpg
10KB, 200x155px
>mfw its front page on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/gadgets/comments/4oxnae/addon_brings_game_boy_cartridges_to_your_android/

hahahaha
>>
>>146078605
Found the reddit user
>>
>>146078673
>Found the reddit sub mod
FTFY
>>
>>146078605
>>146078673
>>146079026
Why can't you fags stay quiet about your shitty site? Fuck off mang
>>
>>146067364
>>146078605
>newsflash: hyperkin is shilling their new piece of shit everywhere

Wow, that's amazing, hyperkin sh...anon, thanks for the update.
>>
>>146067732
>>146068525
>>146069426
>>146074452
Take your meds and go to bed Daniel
>>
File: The Future Of Emulation.png (731KB, 846x1943px) Image search: [Google]
The Future Of Emulation.png
731KB, 846x1943px
>>146069000
> I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example
>>
>>146080468
>paying 10-20 bucks for fucking WIMP
>Why the fuck doesn't RetroArch just use fucking WIMP why does it have to be fucking stupid and overcomplicated
>>
>>146080776
>Why the fuck doesn't RetroArch just use fucking WIMP

Portability
>>
>>146077343
F A T T Y
A
T
T
Y
>>
>>146067497
>>146067670
GBE 1.0 is out
https://github.com/shonumi/gbe-plus/releases/tag/1.0
>>
>>146078605

And all the feedback is negative.

But then this is a shitty company that doesn't care about having a good reputation anyway.
>>
>>146081441
>this fucking guy
https://github.com/shonumi/gbe-plus/issues/33
Waifu2x absolutely unusable in any realtime scenario, right?
>>
>>146082016
No, it's actually pretty fast.
>>
>>146079994
Who is Daniel?
>>
File: 1466142345572.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466142345572.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>146082016
Why would you ever want to use a shitfilter like that?
>>
>>146082782

The Mad Dutchman.

>>146081456
>>146078605

They're going to make millions at least in the short term. A nice little scam. Profit off of the hard work of game and emu devs.
>>
>>146082175
>No, it's actually pretty fast.
What is actually pretty fast?
Needs to be like 10ms or less per image to be of any use for realtime stuff.
>>
>>146082816
My wife and two kids like it
>>
>>146083180
I don't care what your wife's sons like. It's eye cancer.
>>
Is there a PSP emu that will let me play Patapon3 multiplayer?
I just want to arch all items.
>>
Why is RetroArch Wii so shit?

>still no resolution saving
>controls constantly sticking
>crashes when saving or loading savestates
>arcade cores are basically useless as they can't load anything

And yet it's the only option for 240p emulation on a CRT TV. Or am I missing something?
>>
>>146083663
RA isn't even that good.
>>
>>146083663
Pretty sure all that is fixed now.
>>
>>146084215
Nope. All these issues are on the latest build, 1.34, and they've existed for at least 2 years now.
>>
>>146075305
crt royale
>>
>>146082910

what makes you think some mediocre ugly as fuck game boy shell around an iphone is going to make millions?

god youre so fucking delusional. you have no concept of what actually is popular.
>>
>>146085146
>what makes you think some mediocre ugly as fuck game boy shell around an iphone is going to make millions?

1. Nostalgia
2. Rich millenials with money to blow

Retron made them millions already, remember.
>>
>>146084291
Well fix it yourself then Mr. Opensores
>>
So, is that portalroms site really safe? The place it sends you to to download things seems pretty bad.
>>
>>146085767

"Retron made them millions already, remember."

No it didn't, and you have no evidence to prove it did.

Stop being an annoying little shit, honestly. Nobody cares.
>>
>>146085767
>2. Rich millenials with money to blow

Yeah, rich millennials who surely are stupid enough to want to fork out $60 on some ugly-ass looking contraption that makes their iphone fatter and allows them to play Game Boy games IF they can find the original cartridges for it.

I'm sure it will be a smashing success I am sure.
>>
>>146086084
Oh, and it don't even download the game, it downloads torrents. Why is this on the wiki?
>>
>>146086310
Never underestimate how dumb normies are. Reddit is for paid emulation, so surely Chad and Jessica will shell out $60 because the Game Boy was like sooooooo cool back when we were kids! Remember Pokemon? Who else used to reset the game over and over until Oak offered Charmander as the starter because he was the best????
>>
>>146086659
Oh, dude. You know Chad and Jessica?
>>
>>146086659

If you think people today can be arsed to go scavenger hunting for old dusty bitrotting cartridges, and you think you can turn this into a fashionable trend, I have a bridge I'd want to sell you.
>>
>>146086963
Where is this bridge located, and does it come with a troll toll?
>>
>>146086963
Yeah, the Retro Bubble just inflated by itself. Can't argue with the facts, man.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-204929.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-204929.png
1MB, 1280x960px
The menu in FF7 is nothing short of art.
>>
>>146070773

Smugly linking to the latest tired horseshit spewed out of Randal Munroe's sad ass went out of stile approximately five years ago, champ. It's no longer considered witty, thought-provoking, or insightful.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-205605.png (166KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-205605.png
166KB, 1280x960px
>>146087719

Step it up.
>>
>>146088229
This pleases me
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-205742.png (227KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-205742.png
227KB, 1280x960px
>>146088319

I aim to please.
>>
>>146086659

That is not a never has been how choosing starters work. I know this despite not having touched a game since Gen. II.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>146088506
Cliffy B's wife once tweeted that she used to reset Pokemon until Oak offered her Charmander because it was the best Pokemon. Unironically. She also prides herself as being a gamer :)
>>
>>146088428
>epsxe.png
>>
>>146088428
>>146088229
>>146087719

I want this as an option in frankenbeetle.

Fuck all that other junk. Clearly, THIS is what PSX enhancement was leading up to.
>>
>>146088672

I have no clue who the fuck Cliffy B is. Nor do I care. His wife is equally unknown to me, but might be worth rubbing one out too (I'll have to get a pic first). Thus, her only value to me is the vague chance of sexual gratification.

That's not actually a very high standard of value at all.
>>
>>146089008
Cliffy B was the head of Epic Games when they made Unreal, all the way through Gears of War.
>>
>>146089328

Oh, OK. So long after the FPS genre had become smothered in "the biggest graphics-tech penis" monster that John Carmack set loose with Quake.

...You know what? I prolly just should've said "That was after my time, kid.". That is how deadpan snark works in these halls of the weaboo damned, right?
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-211326.png (135KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-211326.png
135KB, 1280x960px
>>146088751

Be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>146089680
Lara has never been so hot. If I was 12, I would dry hump my monitor.
>>
>>146074718
What do you think of Easymode?
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-211134.png (248KB, 1275x956px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-211134.png
248KB, 1275x956px
Je suis Orlando
>>
>>146090017
puraystation
>>
>>146070431

>GPL is cancer because I cant rename and sell a fork!

Heres your (You)
>>
>>146083150
If you have powerful enough hardware, then yeah it's that fast.
>>
>>146084291
No, really certain resolution saving was fixed, that's probably a configuration issue on your end

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/a2851ab70b42021c49b24f5cb3215a0c8d08c1fd

Control sticking was only with a certain version of classic controller.

Savestates crashing was a SNES9X issue when compiling with -O3, the savestate functions in that emulator are prone to breaking with compiler optimizations.

Arcade cores are RAM intensive so some games can't load because they're too big to fit in Wii RAM. That's why FBAlpha cores with only Neo Geo and only CPS2/CPS3 exist.
>>
>>146083663
There are old ATI cards that can output 15kHz s-video or something.

You could also just get something with VGA and output to a CRT monitor with black frame insertion or that one shader that fakes 240p output pretty well.
>>
>>146093596
>There are old ATI cards that can output 15kHz s-video or something.
No there aren't

>You could also just get something with VGA and output to a CRT monitor with black frame insertion or that one shader that fakes 240p output pretty well.
Please, at least TRY to sound like you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: WE WUZ LEGO.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ LEGO.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>ayo who you calling a nig
This line will be cut from the remake.
>>
>>146093818
Nice shitpost, my man
>>
>>146093818
Disinfo anon is that you?

There are definitely ATI cards that do 15KHz output, some not even that old (CRT_emudriver supports HD7000 series now).

240p does indeed work on PC CRTs at 120Hz, though the output is more like a pro monitor than a standard TV.
>>
Shit, when will ps3 only titles be emulatable?
>>
>>146096250
>ps3 only titles

Such a thing exists?
>>
When was the last time the citra compatibility list was updated? Just wondering since I'm reading it now.
>>
<mudlord> should i unblock mooch or am i doing the same disservice as unblocking 4ch if i do

Opinions?
>>
>>146096725
This joke doesn't work. The PS3 had a massive library of exclusives. Mostly obscure JRPGs, but a shit load of them.
>>
>>146094332

CRT Shaders have what looks like issues of nearest neighbor upscaling with 3D. Cloud looks so weird in the background there. I swear this wasn't an issue with real CRTs. Was I just not able to see it? Are the shaders just not able to replicate the native res look?
>>
>>146097002
Thanks for backing me up, Anon.
>>
>>146096887
Everyone should block mooch
>>
>>146096250
>ps3 only titles

Wouldn't they emulate exactly the same as multi-platform titles? I don't understand why you would make the distinction.
>>
>>146094961
>>146095121
In no particular order:

VGA to a CRT TV with black frame insertion doesn't do a goddamn thing that's beneficial. BFI is used on 120hz monitors to get CRT like motion. If you tried to use it on a CRT TV that outputs 60hz, your game is going to run at half the speed while the screen turns completely black every second frame.

>240p does indeed work on PC CRTs at 120Hz, though the output is more like a pro monitor than a standard TV.
Cool, doesn't stop the fact that the anon was asking about CRT TVs where BFI doesn't matter

S-Video ports on old ATI cards (and every card ever) output 800 x 600 compressed to a 480i signal. If you are okay with this, you might actually be blind, because it will look worse than real hardware in every single situation. The SNES doesn't render 800 x 600 compressed to 480i. It renders 512x224 output to 240p. The NES doesn't render 800 x 600 compressed to 480i. It renders 512x240 output to 240p

That "one shader that fakes 240p output" fakes 240p for VGA CRT PC monitors. You know, the CRTs that display a 31khz signal? Is that the one you meant? The one that's not beneficial to someone specifically requesting help with a CRT TV?

Now, I'll admit I mis-read "There are old ATI cards that can output 15kHz s-video or something" thinking that you wrote "There are old ATI cards that can output 240p s-video or something.", but that doesn't change the fact that the S-Video port is worthless to anybody who has eyeballs. It's a major downgrade from a Wii that natively does 240p.

If you want to output 240p from a PC to a CRT TV, you need extra hardware that'll convert a 31khz VGA signal to a usable 15khz signal. There is no way around this.

Come here for more details about connecting a PC to a CRT TV and why that S-Video port on old ATI cards doesn't matter:

https://filthypants.blogspot.com/2014/03/tvs-and-retro-gaming-emulation.html

Or is this just more disinfo????
>>
>>146097303
I'm not much into emulation community, so I don't actually know how it works.
But given the fact that some PS2 games simply can't be emulated, I think that the efforts should be focused on ps3 exclusives rather than the multi-plataform ones.
>>
>>146097223
It looks like that because there's 2 composite passes as well as 2x native res affecting the model. Vanilla Hyllian should have the look you're thinking of.
>>
>>146083367
ehh. It's decent.
>>
>>146097265
fuck you man

- mooch
>>
>>146040571
bump
>>
>>146098039
Do you have DX9 installed?
>>
Anyone know how to get dolphin working with 4 gameboy advances to play 4swords?
I followed the guide on the dolphin wiki for using VBA-M but it didn't work. Anyone got any confirmed set ups?
>>
How are people testing things with citra if it can't use .cia files but there aren't anything else? Or at least anything else I can find.
>>
>>146098323
.cia is an installable archive for the 3DS like .pkg for PS3 or .apk for Android.

.3ds is a straight ROM dump.

If you didn't already know this, you really, really need wait a few years before even trying to touch Citra
>>
>>146098074
Oh, I assumed all the versions were backwards compatible. Guess I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-211002.png (286KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-211002.png
286KB, 1280x960px
>>
what's a decent pc emulator for the playstation 1?
>>
>>146100665
Lemme get this straight. You want an emulator that runs on the PS1 and emulates PC software??? Because that's what you said.
>>
File: RetroArch-0620-231945.png (184KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0620-231945.png
184KB, 1280x960px
>>146100665

Mednafen of course.
>>
>>146100845
yes.
>>
>>146101030
It doesn't exist, because the PS1 is too fucking slow for that. It's too slow to even emulate THE ORIGINAL IBM PC 5150. pls just emulate the pc on the pc with pcem.
>>
>>146101143
then why does the psx run Tomb Raider just fine?
>>
>>146101030

Oh I didn't understand that. Well I don't think there's one, you could probably write one for very old computer (you'll be severely limited by the amount of RAM though). Good be good enough to emulate Zork.
>>
>>146097372
>If you tried to use it on a CRT TV that outputs 60hz
How do you think you get 240p on a 30kHz monitor, retard?
>Cool, doesn't stop the fact that the anon was asking about CRT TVs where BFI doesn't matter
You are literally retarded

>S-Video ports on old ATI cards (and every card ever) output 800 x 600 compressed to a 480i signal.
Yeah, unless you use a custom driver, like the one everyone uses all the time for this
http://mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/

>everything else
You should really try actually reading >>146093596 before losing your shit over it dude.

I honestly believe you're not even spreading disinfo on purpose, you're just actually a dumbass.
>>
>>146101315
because tomb raider was originally developed for the PS1, and it's not emulating anything at all? Keep in mind, you're talking about using a 33 MHz processor to emulate an extremely complex 4.77 MHz system. You have less than 7 cycles to emulate one cycle of the guest machine. That's fucking impossible on something like the PS1..
>>
>>146101597
>because tomb raider was originally developed for the PS1,
Saturn
>>
>>146104117
Holy shit you're right, wtf
>>
>>146070697
Oh my god anon that looks painful...
Still, kinda cool.
>>
>>146104650
I have a case coming that will make it much easier

It'd be fine if my hands weren't currently fucked up as it is
>>
>>146080468
I'm poor and understand that sometimes you're just willing to pay for something.
You're all being gay as fuck about devs making money, and I fully understand the consequences and ramifications of the concept of paid emulators.
It's like those that flat out refuse to use/discuss Cemu because it's closed source and accepts donations, while ignoring that we get the same build one week later.
Plus Cemu is clearly closed source for a reason.
>>
>>146105056
>Plus Cemu is clearly closed source for a reason.

What would that reason be?
>>
>>146080468
Is this satire? Why do autismal people hate devs that profit from their work? Payware has never stopped the open source "community" from working hard.

>>146105056
It's closed source so you can't compile it yourself, if that's what you're thinking.

>>146105587
Probably contains stolen code, but my guess is as above, just so that you can't compile it without donating, since he has them release to the public on a week's delay.
>>
>>146105587
Built from leaked documentation.
>>
>>146105717
Cum leaked from your mothers vagina
>>
>>146105949
And then you slurped it up like the little faggot you are.
>>
>>146105717
>Built from leaked documentation.
prove it
>>
>>146106557
While nobody can prove anything, just know that cemu is advancing faster than UltraHLE did.
>>
>>146105680

You know I understand that there's a difference in point of view here but I'm really annoyed at this "why don't you want devs making" strawman.

You make a videogame, office app or whatever and you want to keep it closed source and sell it? Go on, why would I stop you.

Now you create an emulator a videogame console that's still being produced, very likely using other people's work to create it (and possibly illegally obtained docs) and then you decide to turn a profit from this. That's just scummy behaviour. That's like selling video game cracks or day0 vulnerabilities. Sure they require significant work to make, doesn't mean it's ethical to profit from them. If I write a bootleg Spotify client that removes the add and sell subscriptions to it for $1 a month I'm just being scummy. There's no difference here.

Now you can say that you don't care, I'm sure plenty of people don't care about that, but please stop saying that there's nothing ethically bad about it.

Personally I care because I write emulators and I don't really want to be put in the same bag as this cunt (and all the other cunts who do this).
>>
>>146106943

remove the ads*
>>
>>146106943
Nah I understand, entirely, I also disagree with selling software created with stolen docs. Not so much on a moral level, but of course I understand it's low.
However, if Cemu wasn't using leaked documentation, it'd still be emulating an existing product (are you a mame dev? just kidding), is that still an issue?

As for other developers such as yourself, I think everyone that matters can see the difference between a freelance emudev and a dev that charges 5 bucks on an app store.
>>
>>146106776
>While nobody can prove anything
That's only true if no one else has access to these "docs". If one person outside of the CEMU team has the docs, then it's possible to analyze CEMU's code and verify. It sounds silly to claim that CEMU dev used stolen docs, if there's no proof that these docs even exist.

>just know that cemu is advancing faster than UltraHLE did.
top kek

>>146106943
>Personally I care because I write emulators and I don't really want to be put in the same bag as this cunt (and all the other cunts who do this).
That's a silly reason to care.

>Now you create an emulator a videogame console that's still being produced, very likely using other people's work to create it (and possibly illegally obtained docs) and then you decide to turn a profit from this. That's just scummy behaviour.
Going by that logic, then it's scummy to release an emulator at all, for a console that's still being produced. Tbh senpai, I think making money off of donations is not the same as selling a product.
>>
>>146107871
>I think making money off of donations is not the same as selling a product.
I know legally speaking it's quite similar, but I agree, except that cemu restricts downloads to donors, which is essentially using the donation system as a method of payment for a product.
>>
>>146107374

>it'd still be emulating an existing product (are you a mame dev? just kidding), is that still an issue?

Yeah, IMO it is. You're clearly profiting from piracy and harming the original vendor. It's basically counterfeiting.

It's not proper competition either because Nintendo actually has to produce and market the console and games while you just leech onto that.

At least if you're doing it open source you can show that you're not doing anything illegal and that you're not directly profiting from it (like Citra does for instance). That's still a bit borderline but it doesn't bother me too much, especially since the 3DS already has got a long life and made Nintendo plenty of dough and Citra is not really close to be a general purpose 3DS emulator.

>>146107871

>Tbh senpai, I think making money off of donations is not the same as selling a product.

It shouldn't be, but the fact that they give early builds to donators sounds a lot like buying a subscription to a product instead of donating money for the sake of it. I wouldn't have any issue with the guy for receiving money for reverse-engineering the console and publishing his results (either as docs or source code). But that's not what is happening here. Didn't he even add some kind of DRM to those builds?

He's probably clever to do that too, when your main audience is people pirating games it must be hard to sell an emulator, donationware might be a better way to monetize it. People might not be ready to pay $20 for an emulator but they might be willing to setup a $1/month "donation" to get the builds early.
>>
File: Slidin' the Slopes.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Slidin' the Slopes.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Why is the e World so good?
>>
>>146108243
>except that cemu restricts downloads to donors, which is essentially using the donation system as a method of payment for a product.
Isn't it just that donors get builds 1 week early? Not saying I agree with it, but rather that it doesn't bother me that much. The only part that bothers me is the fact the he apparently uses DRM.

>>146108553
>Didn't he even add some kind of DRM to those builds?
Apparently so, which is basically the one thing I really have against them at this point. Ezcap did offer to give advice to the decaf devs, which I think is at least something nice.

>I wouldn't have any issue with the guy for receiving money for reverse-engineering the console and publishing his results (either as docs or source code).
I agree with your view. While I personally don't care too much about source code, I think the person should at least share something in return (other than the binary). Maybe someone should ask the CEMU dev(s) if they plan on releasing any documentation.
>>
>>146109341
>Why is the e World so good?
Because what other company digs up ancient source code for SNES games, enhances them tenfold, THEN adds in bonus content? It's all about minimizing the effort from devs now.
>>
>>146109623

Eh, yeah, we're in the era of "HD remasters", where people re-release their games 3 years later with slightly increased resolution and sell them almost at full price.

People seem to love that shit too.
>>
How much will I suffer if I try to play Skyward Sword with a keyboard/mouse?
>>
>>146109954
Don't even try. Use a Wiimote + Nunchuck.
>>
>>146109951
That rarely happens. There were just a few all at once because of late releases on the previous console generation, and lots of new people starting on the current generation.
>>
>>146109954
People didn't even enjoy it with the proper controls, what hope do you think you have?
>>
>>146110472

I think it's mainly because it's so easy to do these days. If you wanted to port a game from the PS1 to the PS2 (or N64 to GameCube or whatever) that required some actual work to do.

Now you basically change the target in your IDE and hit the build button. Super cheap to make I'm sure.
>>
>>146109954
I don't think you can do that anymore.
>>
>>146110582
>People didn't even enjoy it with the proper controls, what hope do you think you have?
I played it on a real Wii and thought the controls were fine. I saw the complains, I could relate to some, but most of the complaints I read were just outright wrong, or nitpicking for the sake of having more bad things to say because it's Zelda, and people love to shit on Zelda.

Then, I saw the Game Grumps play the Zelda game in Nintendoland. All Jon and Arin did was scream about "WHY COULDN'T SKYWARD SWORD CONTROL LIKE THIS???" and "IF SKYWARD SWORD PLAYED LIKE THIS, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT ZELDA GAME".

Skyward Sword and the Nintendoland Zelda game control exactly the same when it comes to sword play.

I'm absolutely convinced at this point that the only people who claim that they didn't like Skyward Sword because of the controls played it for a grand total of five minutes, and that's IF they played it at all. There's like a million reasons to hate Skyward Sword. The controls wasn't one of them.
>>
>>146109341
Is that the Wii-U version that has all of the e-reader levels preloaded?
>>
Interesting. Write up about the different sync techs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/4p0q7a/lets_talk_about_vsync_freesync_gsync_adaptivesync/
>>
>>146110582
I actually went out and found a rare-ish non-TR(because -TR just did not work then) wiimotion+ wiimote when Squidward Sword launched and played it pirated with Dolphin (even though I have a softmodded Wii), and it was pretty good.
>>
>>146110991
I wasn't shitting on the controls, I'm saying actual Wii owners just say it's a bad game even if controls aren't an issue - then after that consideration, MAKING the controls an additional issue in emulation wouldn't do it any favors.
>>
>>146110991
>I'm absolutely convinced at this point that the only people who claim that they didn't like Skyward Sword because of the controls played it for a grand total of five minutes
That's literally how long I played so you're pretty spot on, but the motion plus had me pissed before even starting because apparently I held the controller wrong boot and couldn't even navigate the menus before rebooting the system.

On the other hand I don't generally go around hating on SS online when I've barely even touched it, there are better ways to spend an evening.
>>
>>146111247
Someone not too long ago uploaded a patch to restore the Wii U eShop content to the commercial rom, so I applied that as well as the no-voices patch.
>>
http://board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1025&start=20#p26884

>
Oh don't get me started on video. There was an ongoing redit thread about the 2nd stage in NES Castlevania, where some palettes have slightly purple bricks (like my finalized custom palette) and other palettes have straight red bricks. There were people on there swearing the bricks are supposed to be red because that's what their CRTs showed. I had to clue everyone in that some palettes are based on what CRTs show, and some are based on what's ACTUALLY coming out of the NES. In the latter's case, the bricks are supposed to be slightly purple.
>>
>>146112185

>I had to clue everyone in
>>
>>146112185

He's referring to this thread by the way

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ko3s0/comparison_of_famicom_palettes_in_castlevania/

The great debate has spilled over onto other communities.
>>
>>146112345
I wonder if he got clued in on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ko3s0/comparison_of_famicom_palettes_in_castlevania/d468318?context=3

>My PVM-20L5 with SMPTE C phosphors shows orange. Capture cards show orange. My PVM-1944Q shows orange. My consumer set (toshiba 27A42) shows orange. My Panasonic BT-H1390YN broadcast monitor shows orange. Unsaturated-V5 is wrong. I'm calibrated.
>>
File: AUtesTG.jpg (536KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
AUtesTG.jpg
536KB, 3008x2000px
>>146112645

I'm not sure what this guy is talking about, the two images in his photo look pretty different to me.

The big blocks in particular, they look orange on the left and red on the right.
>>
File: RetroArch-0619-212356.png (1MB, 1317x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0619-212356.png
1MB, 1317x1080px
>>
File: RetroArch-0619-213855.png (1MB, 1317x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0619-213855.png
1MB, 1317x1080px
>>
>>146113214
These look really dark.
>>
>>146113384
Shader and settings?
>>
File: RetroArch-0621-020341.png (14KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0621-020341.png
14KB, 960x720px
>>
>>146115581

simias?
>>
>>146116095

David?
>>
>>146116174

No. Just someone who wanted to ask you something. if you were simias.
>>
>>146116286

I'm sorry, I'll only answer to David.
>>
File: 1466455631876-vr.png (37KB, 820x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1466455631876-vr.png
37KB, 820x1392px
I asked /vr/, but I'll ask again here. I'm very new to NES ROM hacking and have a question. Why does fceux name table viewer show the same screen on top and bottom but give different addresses for the same location? Here is a picture to clarify what I'm talking about.
>>
>>146113970
http://hastebin.com/ehesiloyuj.cgp
>>
>>146116408

Oh. Then I apologize.
>>
>>146116727
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Mirroring
>>
>>146117015
ty
>>
>>146117041

Don't ask to ask anon, if you have a question go for it. I lurk this general almost daily anyway. Alternatively you can find me on IRC. <3
>>
>>146117051
OK, I'll definitely read into this more. Thanks anon.
>>
Love it or hate it, looks like Android TV will soon be a thing for small media center PCs and emulation boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhhlwWp_kok
>>
Why is PCSX2 so fucking trash? There were only a handful of games I want to play on PS2 again. Of those only God of War works perfectly without bugs. Jak series has bad graphical glitches, Ratchet and Clank and Guitar Hero 1/2 runs like shit on my pretty good gaming PC.
>>
Got a question,

Humble bundle has neogeo games on it again, i passed them up the first time because i figured emulation was better, just want some confirmation so i can have peace of mind or spend the 10$ to get them all.
>>
File: 1464497701651.jpg (12KB, 318x241px) Image search: [Google]
1464497701651.jpg
12KB, 318x241px
>>146120561
Have you tried every combination and permutation of arbitrary slider settings and skipdraw values?
>>
>>146120561
It's not perfect but it's the best we got
>>
>>146098323
Decrypted games are on KAT and a Tor site.
>>
>>146117457

I was wondering, are you familiar enough with the frankenbeetle codebase?
>>
>>146120561
Play! will save us.
R-right?
>>
>>146123012
If more people got off their asses and helped, yes.
>>
http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5428&page=10&p=41376&viewfull=1#post41376

More proof that polling inputs later means less lag.
>>
>>146123637
More proof that settings are in dire need of documentation. I had no idea what the hell that setting was about.
>>
>>146124324
But they are documented

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/retroarch.cfg#L367

But this is not talking about the poll type setting, this is about the main loop of the emulator itself polling inputs later instead of earlier.
>>
>>146119978
Just like Android has become "a thing" on laptops thanks to the Android-x86 project? Some Indian's broken port isn't exactly going to be a serious contender on HTPCs anytime soon.

>>146120881
Avoid dotemu
>>
>>146120881
It's literally just the roms in a shitty emulator in your browser. Of course just using a proper emu is better.
>>
>>146108553
I bought a Wii U and all all the games I've pirated I have purchased.
>>
So, what is the best N64 emulator?

Is PJ64 still ridden with malware?
>>
>>146128570
Mupen in retroarch for the single fact that it has no input lag.
>>
Madman trying RetroArch on a shitty old 1.33 GHz G4 iBook here. This thing's the fucking pits. My DS3 will not respond to inputs even though RetroArch apparently picks it up (works fine on my Macbook Pro), and it barely does not manage to run the Snes9x core full speed. Snes9x-Next runs better, but it refuses to run at full speed in either exclusive or windowed fullscreen, even though it runs just fine in windowed mode. Might have something to do with the fact that according to RA, the screen apparently runs at 60.234 Hz, which is weird as hell. Nestopia runs well in both fullscreen and windowed, which is nice. I won't even dare touch the Mednafen PSX core.

Overall, PPC hasn't aged well, it seems.
>>
>>146109954
is there actually a way to do this?
>>
>>146130656
Only on a shitty hacky old ass version of Dolphin. You don't want it.
>>
File: 618NL7+71OL._SL1200_[1].jpg (84KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
618NL7+71OL._SL1200_[1].jpg
84KB, 1200x1000px
Is this controller any good?
>>
>>146133137
Isn't that thing like 40 bucks? just buy a PS3 or PS4 controller instead
>>
>>146128773

I have noticed that iBooks are pitifully slow compard to Powerbooks released around the same timeframe.

The DS3 pad works on the PPC Macs I tried, it's thanks to the HID input driver that it even works since an input driver was obviously never written for it on PPC OSX.

Specs-wise, expect for your laptop iBook G4 to be somewhere inbetween a Gamecube and a Wii in terms of performance. Blitting will be much slower than on Gamecube/Wii so that factors into the performance.
>>
Is MAME still working on their internal web server nonsense? What ever happened to that?
>>
>>146123637
why do we need proof for something that obvious?
>>
>>146133137
Avoid anything that's clearly trying way too hard to capitalize on your nostalgia. They have less of an incentive for their actual product to be good if they know they have guaranteed business from that.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4oz1ve/whats_your_favorite_frontend_and_why/

oh god the cancer
>>
>>146133579
Where are they bottlenecked in comparison to Powerbooks, though? There's only a 300MHz difference between this iBook and the most powerful Powerbook released. The best Powerbooks did sport Radeon 9700 graphics, which is very nice, but still, is the difference that big?

That said, OSX Leopard does feel pretty sluggish on this thing. Even basic shitposting on 4chins feels laggy, using TenFourFox. Thinking of downgrading to Tiger.
>>
>>146134653
Fuck off ribbit.
>>
>>146120561
Never tried guitar hero in pcsx2. But ratchet and Jak did used the ps2 in ways most other ps2 games didn't, and pushed it harder than most other games. That and the ps2 is stupidly complex and difficult to emulate.
>>
>>146134653
Why do you CARE. This is not a thread about what other threads think, let alone what other threads on Reddit think.
>>
>>146134653
If you are doing to say dumb crap like this at least give people a reason to take your opinion seriously. I have faith that you can do more than be an obnoxious kid bitching about grammar all the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4oz1ve/whats_your_favorite_frontend_and_why/d4hkuke
>>
>>146112185
>I had to clue everyone in that some palettes are based on what CRTs show, and some are based on what's ACTUALLY coming out of the NES. In the latter's case, the bricks are supposed to be slightly purple.

I'd love to see this guy travel back in time and go to Konami offices, and explain that they're wrong, the bricks are supposed to be purple even though everyone's tvs show reds.

Who cares what the stupid console outputs? What you actually see is what matters.
>>
>>146135829
I cant think of a better use of a time machine.
>>
>>146136123

Never ending rape. I can despoil bitches from any era of history and no one can stop me.
>>
>>146137429
Except the girls. You flabby nerd.
>>
>>146137696

Tasers are wonderful, aren't they?

I hear the effects don't stop immediately either. Why, you can jerk n' jive for thirty minutes to an hour after, not fully able to control your own muscle movements.

Not able to fight back.
>>
>>146137429
>>146138083
Be careful, you're going to hurt someone with that edge.
>>
>>146138185

>I know, I'll call him 'edgy'!
>That'll sure show him!

Truly, only the most premium of OC right here with this anon.
>>
>>146134265
You've never used an 8bitdo controller. The NES30 and the SFC/SNES30 are great.
That being said, the "Pro" variants like the one that guy showed are not worth it.
>>
>>146134653
>10 year old with a tripcode
>complaining about cancer

The irony hurts.
>>
File: file.png (240KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240KB, 400x366px
>>146138083
>>
>>146140067
Please, don't engage with it, filter it.
>>
>>146138453
>I'm going to be edgy and no one can stop me!

lol k
>>
>>146140209
>>146140445

Mmmmmm, moar stale memes. Keep em' coming, sad little urchins.
>>
>>146140919
You sound younger than Moody FYI.
>>
>>146141069

And you sound like a faggot trying to talk around a fat load, what's your point?
>>
>>146140919
Sorry that your GBAtemp account got banned, but you should probably go to /b/ if you want memes.

Glad I could help, kiddo.
>>
>>146140919
Go to bed Minty
>>
>>146128570
>So, what is the best N64 emulator?
PJ64 is the best all-around, but it really depends on what you care about.

>Is PJ64 still ridden with malware?
If you get an outdated version from the website, yes. If you get the latest version from github or emucr, it has no malware.
>>
>>146141573
Why would you trust emucr?
>>
>>146141190

Suck my ass, faggot.
>>
>>146141762
>Why would you trust emucr?
I've never had a problem with emucr, other than the fact that it didn't update PJ64's fork of m64p's HLE RSP. So Body Harvest still sounded awful. I have to appreciate the fact that PJ64 is constantly improving. Any code they touch, just keeps getting better!

Why shouldn't I trust emucr?
>>
I'm thinking of making a raspberry pi emulation machine, but I have no idea if it'd be worth it. I really want to be able to hook it up to my Trinitron and be able to use a PS3 controller, would that be possible? If I bought an HDMI to composite would there be issues with resolution on the thing? I mostly want to play PS1 games on it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160621-021531.png (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160621-021531.png
82KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone know what causes this line in front of the character?
>>
>>146149430
2x/4x internal resolution does, it breaks some effects in SoTN as well
>>
>>146069000
>I'd pay someone like $10-20 for a good RetroArch gui for example.
How much time do you cunts spend looking at menus instead of playing games? It must be a lot.
>>146100650
How on earth did you do that?
>>146144858
>raspberry pi emulation machine
Don't.
>>
>>146150787
Does it affect any other games? I like keeping it on
>>
>>146125567
>>146126680
thanks
>>
File: Screenshot_20160621-031324.png (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160621-031324.png
132KB, 1920x1080px
Dithering on games?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160621-031406.png (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160621-031406.png
71KB, 1920x1080px
>>146151995
or no dithering on games? specifically ps1 games?
>>
>>146151995
Dithering and use a shader obviously.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160621-033025.png (305KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160621-033025.png
305KB, 1080x1920px
>>146152671
which shader?
>>
>>146152774
Try them all out and see which you like best that also blends the dithering decently.
>>
>>146151995
>>146152097
Depends on the game, but generally scaling the pattern and using 2x res is the best of both worlds,
>>
>>146152774
Set native res to 2x and have dithering scale with it, then go to load shader preset, navigate to the dithering folder and choose cbod_v1, return to the main menu, add a third pass and put CRT Hyllian 3D with linear filter and "don't care" scaling.

Same deal for native, just that you can replace Hyllian 3D with something better, such as Lottes.
>>
>>146121915

Familiar enough to do what? I understand the CPU, GTE and GPU code pretty well, the rest less so.
>>
Ayyy
>>
>>146141573
>>146128570
Mupen64plus is the best one with project64 1.6 for some games that work better with it and 1964 for fringe cases like banjo tooie.
>>
Is there a way, for something like Bluestacks or other Androud emulators, where I can just have infinite money, so I can fuck around in P2W games and shit?
>>
What does emugen use for controllers on their smartphones?
I've been playing SNES, GBA, and a few PSone games on my phone lately but touch controls are ass for most games.
Even SMRPG was a stretch.

I've been looking at getting a phonejoy, I've used one of those moga faux-clamshell ones nd they feel flimsy as fuck on larger phones like mine.
>>
Sup emugee

How bad is an i5 4460 with integrated graphics (HD 4600) for emulation? I won't bother with gamecube or PS2 obviously, but what about anything else?
>>
>>146159496
I can't speak for your 4460, but my 4670k's on board actually runs some full-on games just fine, and I think the integrated is a step below the one on yours.
That being said, it'll probably emulate whatever you need it to up to PS2/Wii. I wouldnt be surprised if it could handle some gamecube titles as well, truth be told.
>>
>>146158386
/emugen/ doesn't use smartphones for emulation. Chad, you may leave.
>>
>>146160217
aight cool

I just need to get rid of a GPU and for a good while I won't be having anything to replace it.
>>
>>146158386
I'd say touch controls, but only since I play slow RPGs that don't require precise input.

Only gripe is it's hard to know what I'm "pressing".
>>
>>146160342
I've been there, friend. Had to use my on-board for a while because GPUs cost money, little did I realise that desktop on boards aren't half bad anymore.

>>146160362
Yeah, that's the issue. I can only play pokemon romhacks on my phone for so long, and even with those, having no haptic feedback feels so wrong.
>>
>>146154215
you could also downscale 2nd or 3rd pass and the use a normal crt hyllian in 3rd or 4th pass... because hyllian 3d sucks and looks ugly!
>>
when will mednafen psx resolution upscaling come to the libretro ppa? when approximately and how do they decide when it is stable?
>>
>>146160747
How would you do that? I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times here.
>>
>>146161517
The downscaling shaders are under "Windowed" and the you have to add in the pass absolute values for example
>scale_type_x0 = "absolute"
>scale_x0 = "320"
>scale_type_y0 = "absolute"
>scale_y0 = "240"
>>
>>146161517
for nearest neighbour or bilinear downscaling you can use the stock.cg with either linear set to true or false.
>>
File: RetroArch-0621-143942.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0621-143942.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>146161775
>>146161838
These settings with linear and mipmap_input set to true did the trick, thanks. No luck on nearest neighbor with major downscaling artifacts, though. Doesn't really seem to make a difference either way. If it works, it works.

The remaining z-fighting jitter seems to have gone away with this method. Much appreciated.
>>
>>146133137
Just get an Xbox controller. Literally what can that thing do that xbox doesn't?
>>
>>146164015
Have a D-Pad that isn't complete diarrhea?
>>
>>146165325
The Xbone controller fixed that. From the worst D-Pad to one of the best.
>>
File: psvita_dpad.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
psvita_dpad.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
>>
>>146152097
Are you fucking retarded?

32bit color is a thing.
>>
>>146166770
Not in software mode, and openGL a shit. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>146166829
>>
>>146151995
I like that thing. I really enjoyed it when i played MGS:Peace walker. It's probably the only filter i like. Well, it's not actually a filter, but is there any emulator/shader that can apply it to games?
>>146166770
Is it possible to use dithering with 32 bit color output?
>>
>>146166874
>>
>>146166829
Then why are you even fucking asking? No one would ever play like the second pic, that's completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>146167332
Not the same person, Famicom. Take your medication and stop sperging out.
>>
File: RetroArch-0621-155528.png (144KB, 1194x896px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0621-155528.png
144KB, 1194x896px
>>146152097

Banding makes undithered 16bpp unbearable here. Other games fare better, Vagrant Story plays pretty well without dithering (except in scenes where you see the sky, the banding is too obvious then).
>>
What is the best ds emulator right now? I played some games about 3 or 4 years ago on desmume, i heard that there are shitton of other ds emulators. Which one should i chose? I wanted to play phoenix write and 999.
>>
>>146166114
Doesn't QUITE make me want to throw up like they usually do. When does Nintendo's fucking patent on good D-pads expire? Why can tech that simple even BE patented, god damn.
>>
>>146167551
What was the point of that comment then? You're fucking retarded too.
>>
Does G-Sync require the emulator to be throttled with a highly accurate timer for proper sync instead of throttling to audio rate?
>>
>>146171438
I don't know, had you read the actual conversation that followed the post you quoted, you'd have known that the guy already found his answer hours ago. Your aggressive shitpost was unnecessary. Take your medication.
>>
>>146171881
He wasn't looking for an answer, he was just shitposting.
>>
File: almost.png (758KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
almost.png
758KB, 1280x960px
>>146163793
I'm glad I could help. The windowed filters, like lanczos produce a very sharp picture, lanczos4 is considered one of the best downscaling algorithms. But even this can cause problems with certain fonts...for example pokemon stadium 2 lhrough angrylion (which outputs always to 640x480) downscaled with lanczos4 (with linear to off), the font looks really fucked up, and so it does with most downscaling algorithms. Here actually bilinear ALMOST does the job, but produces a very very blurry output.
>>
File: lanczos4.png (770KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
lanczos4.png
770KB, 1280x960px
>>146172228
for comparison
>>
>>146157545
>Mupen64plus is the best one
Ya right. It doesn't even have proper audio with Body Harvest.

>project64 1.6 for some games that work better
There's practically no good reason to ever use 1.6, other than simply testing...
>>
I notice that some roms have (world) as part of the title rather than Japan, USA, Europe, etc. This means it's a region free rom, yes?
>>
File: RetroArch-0621-173536.png (14KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0621-173536.png
14KB, 960x720px
>>
>>146173950
Neat.
>>
>>146173950
cool
>>
File: spyro.png (142KB, 1198x958px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
142KB, 1198x958px
Now I just need to figure out why the framerate is bonkers.
>>
>>146155045

Familiar enough to work on some compatibility issues remaining with the software renderer in your spare time. I don't expect you'd be able to fix all the ones remaining (some would require significant code refactoring, if I understand rightly), or even most considering every remaining one is supposed to be a bitch to implement a fix for.

But perhaps one or two? In your spare time? Ryphecha's following her Saturn muse, and I don't want to kanye her by popping in and saying "YO RYPHECHA, I'M HAPPY FO' YOU AND ALL, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT YO' PSX EMU BE TRIPPIN!".
>>
>>146173867
No, they still probably had region locking, it just means they used the exact same rom image for each region.

Also, I know at least the Genesis could detect region to change the language.
>>
>>146177336

My plate is quite full at the moment, and something tells me that if Ryphecha didn't bother to fix those issues she must've had her reasons.

I feel like I'm pretty close to make a big step in rustation's compatibility so I'm trying to do that. Once I get there I'll try to rearchitecture the GL renderer (and by association beetle's) to make it more accurate and better performing. I think I'm going to take a lot of inspiration from PPSSPP's GL code, it looks pretty well designed and seems to deal with many of the same issues we have on the PSX.
>>
>>146170497

Dear "Anonymous Poster",

Never ever, thanks to the TPP.

Hugs and kisses! :^)

-The Transnationals
>>
>>146097265
can someone summarize what mooch did? only thing i head was about trans something
>>
>>146177753

I see. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>146178046

The summary is that he's a right cock. The long version is that he's a man who thinks he's a lesbian woman.

So, tits and breasts and all that shit, but still wants de pussi.
>>
>>146178046

He's just very annoying and doesn't contribute anything of value. He's a worse turtle.
>>
>>146178968
if these 2 are wrong, ill ask you yourself. why are you getting this hate?
>>
>>146178968
Hurry the fuck up and become Rachel 2.0 already.
>>
File: 1465176388870.jpg (35KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465176388870.jpg
35KB, 543x960px
>>146134653
The Launchbox shilling is real
>>
>>146179324
>Kill Yourself
After you, delusional degenerate.
>>
>>146179324

I don't give a shit about whether you're trans or not or if you self identify as an attack helicopter. You're just an insufferable twat and attention whore, whatever your gender might be.
>>
>>146179675
um wot? How am I an attention whore in any way the average 18-year-old is not?
>>
>>146179598
So you don't deny you're delusional then? Fantastic!
Take your attention seeking, turbo-triggered-tranny-tits somewhere else you insufferable little cunt.
>>
>>146179324
>I'm a trans girl who likes girls.
>/emugen/
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>146179864
But I'm not delusional. YOU'RE delusional.
>>
>>146179806

The fact that you keep bringing up your age as if it was an achievement or even relevant to anything for instance.

I wasn't a twat when I was 18.
>>
>>146179969
You first. :^) I don't plan to die anytime soon.

>>146180034
>I wasn't a twat when I was 18.
Don't fucking lie to us, anon. We all were.
>>
>>146179806

Oh mooch, I've never met someone in need of the helium tank so badly...
>>
>>146180137

Then do us all a service and come back in a few years.
>>
>>146179864
True that. If we were on reddit right now, I'd upvote this post on 7 of my 9 accounts. The other two are tranny roleplaying accounts.
>>
>>146179993
>YOU'RE delusional
Says the man playing pretend to be a woman.

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/140102708/

Your comments about religion are hilarious, especially seeing as EVERYONE ELSE is delusional, not you though...

You deserved to get bullied.
>>
>>146180467

You mean it _was_ the highest quality....Until your faggoty ass showed up.

Still waiting on that suicide note, buddy.
>>
Reminder to report and ignore.
>>
>>146180467
>No way dude, this is the highest quality emulation discussion on the internet.
>
>>/emugen/
>>highest quality
>Yes, I'm serious. All the other places are filled with retards.
what about the irc?
>>
And that's why I blocked mooch.
>>
>>146180926
I wish you'd post here more.

>>146180932
>bigot
Says the man that got bullied by someone who happened to be religious and now thinks EVERYONE that is religious is stupid.

>Kill yourselves
How progressive.
>>
>>146180932
>people like me are being harassed
>I know we'll fix it be systematically harassing people that aren't like me
>problem solved :^)

SJWs would be funny if they weren't serious.
>>
>>146181269
>people that aren't like me
not my definition of bigot at all, but okay.

>>146181205
that's not it. i got bullied by multiple people who were all fucking retarded. pretty easy to make the connection like that.
>>
>>146181205
>>146181269
Hold the fuck up, is Mooch really an SJW?

That's fucking hilarious.

>>146180932
>Kill yourselves.

Guess he fits the picture pretty well.
>>
Stop falling for the mooch bait, filter him and ignore him. He feeds on your attention.
>>
>>146181403
>that's not it. i got bullied by multiple people who were all fucking retarded. pretty easy to make the connection like that.

So you compensate bullying other retards on emugen?
>>
>>146181430
>implying retards won't continue responding anyway
>>
>>146181403
I bigot is anyone you don't like. It's the SJW version of calling someone a communist, you're the only ones that think otherwise.
>>
>>146181696
If you truly think that, then you're 100% grade a prime retard.
>>
>>146181582
Shouldn't he be bullying himself too then?
>>
>>146181856
*she
*herself
also, i'm not a retard.
>>
>>146181820
Do you realize you're being a complete fucking tool right now, my man?

>inb4 *woman
Doesn't matter how hard you try, we'll keep referring to you as a man. Maybe if you hadn't acted like a complete fucking moron this wouldn't have happened, but then again being a moron is a requirement for being a crybaby SJW.

Don't you have something to boycott right now?
>>
>>146182093
>also, i'm not a retard.

Then why are you still here ;)
>>
I want mooch and all the fuckers who keep feeding him to be banned.
>>
File: 1415736748884.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1415736748884.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>>146182093
>also, i'm not a retard.

>literally acting like one right now whilst shitting up the thread with his tantrum
>SJWs in charge of not being hypocrites

>>146182350
If you were using common sense, you'd realize telling others in this thread to kill themselves will have no effect considering they know exactly from who it's coming from :^)
>>
>>146182350
>So kill yourself.
He literally can't stop himself.
>>
>>146181403
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/140102708

>Nah, I have a problem with religious people because they're stupid and stupid people bullied me at school. Got a fuckin problem with that?
> I have a problem with religious people because they're stupid

Admit what you actually said "bigot". And no, non delusional do not people make that "connection".

>>146182093
>i'm not a retard.
Evidence suggests otherwise

>>146182350
>kill yourself
That's getting old now, come on.
>>
>>146182442
*her
kill yourself.

>>146182463
*she
*herself
kill yourself.

>>146182532
>And no, non delusional do not people make that "connection".
holy shit, you can't even use english properly
>>
File: 1447389934603.png (377KB, 498x462px) Image search: [Google]
1447389934603.png
377KB, 498x462px
>>146182705
>took off his trip
>>
>>146182705
Yeah, made an error. I'm human. Perhaps you'd like to be man enough to admit the errors you made?
>>
>>146182705
>kill yourself.
Guess we made him mad.
>>
>>146182808
*her
kill yourself

>>146182856
i never made any errors. i always thought carefully about every post.

>>146182910
*her
kill yourself.
also, i've fucking BEEN mad.
>>
>>146183008
>KILL YOSELF KILL YOSELF KILL YOSELF KILL YOSELF
_lol_
>>
Mods, where the fuck are you?
>>
In all seriousness, I really do think we should stop giving him attention. Once he realizes nobody's replying to him anymore, he'll fuck off. Even if he doesn't, nothing stopping us from filtering him and hiding his posts.
>>
>>146183280
>nothing stopping us from filtering him and hiding his posts.
Except the part where he is so mad he decided to take his trip off to show us how mad he was.
>>
>>146183469

The fuckers who reply to him are to blame for that.
>>
>>146183469
He's made himself easily identifiable without his trip, so far anyway.
>>
>>146180926
>>146181205

I too wish you would post more. You and simias. <3
>>
>>146183812

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take that. You want more picross?
>>
>>146183280
Been there, tried that. Doesn't work. All he does is act a cunt and then tell everyone to kill themselves. I'll stop replying now though.

>>146183579
Sorry, couldn't stop myself after the plethora of "kill youself" responses others got. I'll kindly fuck off for the night. Hope there's some actual emulation content when I get back.

>>146183945
Not him, but yes.
>>
Reminder to filter any and all tripfags once spotted.
>>
>>146183945
Everyone needs more Picross
>>
>>146183945

That too. It's become a comfy /emugen/ staple, after all.
>>
we ded
>>
>>146186883
Stop.
>>
Remember when Retroarch only allowed stable mostly bug free emulators into its embrace?
>>
>>146187496
No
>>
>>146187496

Not really.
>>
>>146187579
>>146187545
How new are you? I remember when it had nothing above gen 4
>>
So I'm emulating Skyward Sword on Dolphin. I have an official remote, nunchuck and motion plus adapter. Everything works fine until about 1 hour in when the pointer starts to randomly spaz out completely. It's not the usual problem where the calibration is wonky and you can reset it, I'm putting the remote flat on the table and the pointer is going completely crazy on the screen.
Does anyone have a solution for this? It's driving me crazy and I can't do any of the motion based puzzles or fly without restarting everything.
>>
>>146187837

Doesn't say anything about being "bug-free". RA has never been a bastion of stability. The original standalone emulators might have been but then what?
>>
>>146187837
You mean when it was still SSNES? It had hardly anything back then.
>>
gonna go kill myself. brb.
>>
>>146177447
Interesting. Why did I only see that for super early NES games like Donkey Kong or Mario Bros?
>>
>>146189557
Because everything was already in English, so when it came time to release it in other regions, they didn't have to change anything.

That doesn't mean they didn't put a lockout chip on it. Region locking is more about preventing people from importing games from regions with cheaper prices, not making sure dirty westerners don't get to experience superior nipponese voice acting or something.
>>
Does the xbone wireless controller work when plugged in, or is it like the 360 where they are separate models where only one works over usb?
>>
>>146081441
This GBE emulator

There is something about the sound that I like quite a bit. I wish I could make it sound like that on RA. This emulator is a bit slow on my machine.
>>
>>146081441
wait whut. why is the binary uploaded to google drive? why doesnt he upload it to the release page
>>
>>146178046
He is a teenage wannabe emudev who spends 95% of time having autism and being a fedoratipping edgelord and 5% doing actual work so all his projects move at glacial pace an barely do anything
>>
>>146183945
PLEASE MAKE PS2 EMULATOR SIMIAS
>>
>>146190998

No Picross
>>
>>146190871
Reminds me of Terry Davis only terry had talent and experience and could actually get shit done.
>>
>a few posts are deleted
>most of the shitposting remains

Why are /vg/ mods so fucking shitty?
>>
>>146191048
>>146190998
Okay emugen, we need to band together to make a Picross homebrew for the PS2 to save PS2 emulation.
>>
>>146192595
Don't need to there's already a picross-like on the PS2.
>>
What is Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan), aka the lost levels, called in the no-intro set? I can't find it.
>>
https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.com/

What's the consensus on this place?
>>
>>146193805
What about it? It's still stack exchange.
>>
File: meetfriends.png (350KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
meetfriends.png
350KB, 640x480px
You guys are still recommending PCSX-R?

Did they finally get rid of the input lag/drops or are you guys still ignorant to it. It is/was noticeable if you play fighting games.
>>
>>146088229
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>146194713

I would never recommend pcsx-like emulators (including the scummy epsxe). mednafen or its Beetle fork have much more potential.

I don't give a fuck what enhancements something has: if it can't virtually replace the console I'm not interested. I'm an accuracy faggot through-and-through.
>>
>>146194713
piss-sx-r is just a meme.
real people use mednafen-psx.
>>
>>146194713
Hadn't experienced dropped inputs before using lilypad, and while it has noticeable input lag, its no worse than most other emulators.
>>146195501
I think only iCatButler's fork should be recommended. Texture correction and its GTE hack is pretty neat. Personally only use Mednafen/Beetle now as well, but I could see why someone would want to use it.
>>
File: aa78.png (1MB, 1928x1088px) Image search: [Google]
aa78.png
1MB, 1928x1088px
>>146113214
What eye-cancer filter are you using there
>>
>>146194713
If you're talking about the Wipeout thing, then yeah it's been fixed for a while.
>>
>>146089808
Are you sure that's not a snowboard game?
>>
>>146196161
>inputs before (using lilypad),
>it seems no worse than
>>
>>146196161
>while it has noticeable input lag, its no worse than most other emulators.

Try shmupmame. Virtually no input lag compared to arcade.
>>
>>146193390
>What is Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan), aka the lost levels, called in the no-intro set? I can't find it.

You're probably looking at the wrong set, it's a Famicom Disk System game
>>
>>146197178
Oh shit, right.

That makes sense.
>>
>>146196161

As I said, ultimately I'm only interested in accuracy. The only reason I even give mednafen et al a pass on not being entirely faithful is because (from what _I understand_ mind you) it's literally not possible with single-core processing power at a standstill.

You are not going to get BSNES-like accuracy out of a PSX emulator on today's consumer hardware. Full stop.
>>
>>146197178

One thing No-Intro should really work on is their thumbnail collections. Their ROMsets are unequaled, but I'm having to comb through and correct shit on their thumbnail sets pretty heavily.
>>
>>146197239
the current hardware is not sufficient for emulating a 33MHz CPU and 1MB CPU?

no, this is not bait, i dont know much about emulators. could you tell me some factors which make it hard to emulate?
>>
>>146197550
GPU*
>>
>>146197550
>>146197550
>the current hardware is not sufficient for emulating a 33MHz CPU and 1MB CPU?
Not if you want it to be as accurate as possible, which isn't really needed, even for 100% compatibility.
>>
I have a couple noobfag questions

>what's it like playing ds games on pc? does it get cumbersome to use the bottom screen or is there a way to map certain touch screen actions to a controller?

>should i just download retroarch or should I get individual emulators for each console?
>>
>>146197854

It's not just about game compatibility, though. I'm into fan-translations, and they should very much be able to work on real hardware. That's why the emulator needs to be as accurate as possible: so developers can target that and have it work on real hardware too.
>>
>>146198970
Retroarch is more difficult to configure than most standalones and your reward is b-tier/outdated emulators. Its sole advantage is its implementation of shaders.
>>
>>146198970
>does it get cumbersome to use the bottom screen

Depends on the game, usually works well enough

>is there a way to map certain touch screen actions to a controller

afaik RetroArch can do that

>should i just download retroarch or should I get individual emulators for each console?

RetroArch provides less input lag and better A/V sync than standalone emus.

Just avoid their PPSSPP core, it's abandoned and unfinished
>>
>>146199614

They really should prune cores they lack the resources to maintain.
>>
>>146199756
so all of them?
>>
Is it better to emulate the DMC games or get the hd collection on ps3?
>>
>>146197550
>the current hardware is not sufficient for emulating a 33MHz CPU and 1MB CPU?
>no, this is not bait, i dont know much about emulators. could you tell me some factors which make it hard to emulate?
Don't listen to him. It's mere speculation. The fact that he even references BSNES kills all credibility. The truth is, psx emulators have not even come close to attaining maximal efficiency.
>>
>>146199521

Your reward is massively superior versions of emulators like mupen64plus / mednafen psx.

'more difficult to configure than most standalones' - flagrant lie too. stop lying.
>>
>>146199521

what are all these "outdated emulators" you talk about other than PPSSPP?
>>
>>146200042
Other than SH, the answer is pretty much always the HD collection.
>>
>>146200339
Beetle is a sidegrade thats only relevant if you care about hardware rendering/HD. Except with standlone, you have access to the more accurate PC-Engine emu.
>mupen64plus over PJ64
SP, please go
>>146200536
mupen, PPSSPP and bsnes
>>
>>146200752

bsnes? LOL, Alcaro backports over everything that is even remotely significant.

The fact you haven't seen anything backported as of recently is because none of the shit byuu has done since has been relevant. All he did has been removing balanced / performance cores for no real reason, removing vsync, and just making Higan a shitton worse. Yeah, I wouldn't like to backport regressions either. You keep using Higan now and see how much you like it to have your shit tier by default unless you buy a G-Sync monitor. Good luck with that.
>>
>>146200752

Few care about niche PC Engine, the few Nipponese games that accurate can run that 'pce fast' can't , I doubt you could point them out to begin with or you'd even know about them.

If it's that important to you, port it yourself. It isn't that hard.

Also, I wasn't talking about 'mupen64plus over PJ64', I was talking about 'mupen64plus libretro vs. mupen64plus'. PJ64 is also not that great as you make it out to be. In some ways it's way worse tham mupen64plus.
>>
>>146200752
>bsnes

lol

All byuu has done since v94 to SNES is refactoring and ruining shaders by forcing 512x480, you're missing nothing of value.
>>
>>146200941
You need an up-to-date bsnes core to run MSU1 games
>>
>>146170497
Saturn dpad is infinitely superior.
>>146181430
How do you filter people who use trips?
>>146199614
>RetroArch provides less input lag
The snes cores have several times more input lag than standalone emus.
>>
>>146202179
>The snes cores have several times more input lag than standalone emus.

Wrong. The only SNES emu that's having less input lag than RA is ZSNES because it's written in non-portable assembly.
>>
>>146202179

You can filter by tripcode.
>>
>>146201075
>In some ways it's way worse tham mupen64plus.
Ya right. What's better about mupen64minus, aside from portability?
>>
>>146202271
>The only SNES emu that's having less input lag than RA is ZSNES because it's written in non-portable assembly.
How could writing in assembly, reduce the input lag?
>>
>>146201719
this so much

All I want to play is Road Blaster SNES :(
>>
>>146201719
>>146203912

It can't run SPC7110 games either unfortunately
>>
>>146200157

SP pls go
>>
>>146204908
Are any of them worth playing?
>>
>>146200652
no, that's bs. most hd remasters are aweful. even the few good ones arent perfect and lack things the originals have.
>>
>>146201075

Bitch, get the fuck out.

PC-Engine was awesomepossum.
>>
>>146205205

If you like JRPGs, yes
>>
File: nice shot!.png (1MB, 1396x849px) Image search: [Google]
nice shot!.png
1MB, 1396x849px
What are some comfy games to emulate on PC?

I played some of pic related and it was pretty relaxing, but got boring pretty quickly without human opponents.
>>
Hey guys, does anybody know if BlueStacks uses end-to-end encryption?

BlueStacks is one of the recommended Android emulators http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Android_emulators
>>
>>146199348
You don't really even need an accurate emulator for testing fan translations and such. All you need to play unlicensed software on a PSX is a $4 modchip and some CD-Rs.
>>
>>146200042
HD collection

PCSX2 has issues with the post processing effects in those games, and it's inherent input delay makes playing games like DMC harder than they need to be
>>
>>146202271
I don't think it's because it's assembly, it's probably the main loop is coded with latency in mind. Making a change to SNES9x main loop's order of execution resulted in 1 frame less lag.
>>
>>146204908

The libretro fork of BSNES can't run a co-processor?
>>
>>146205982

Those things are all more difficult to obtain than an entirely virtual dev environment. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>146205810
If you're into that, the Mario Tennis and Golf games for GBC are like sports RPGs, they're pretty cool.
>>
File: RetroArch-0621-160444.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0621-160444.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
I haven't used a CRT in a long ass time

How does this shader compare?
>>
>>146205080
Rbelmont pls go
>>
>>146204908

Several people just tried out MSU-1 games on bsnes libretro and it worked just fine.

Just another example of stupid neckbeard 4chanites blaming their own stupidity on the software.
>>
>>146206280

Other co-processors are working fine, only SPC7110 is broken. Probably because it has a real-time clock.
>>
>>146206509

Are you there God? It's me, Marge.
>>
>>146204908
>>146206602
Yes it can, you just need the data.rom's in the system directory. The BIOS pack in the wiki has all 3 of them, for all 4 games, in the _Extras folder.
>>
>>146206424
>Those things are all more difficult to obtain than an entirely virtual dev environment. Stop making excuses.
If you think ordering something online is difficult, then I just have no words to describe how stupid you are.
>>
>>146206448

It's pretty far from the real thing but it looks pretty good for what it is IMO.
>>
>>146206535
Show me RA running Super Road Blaster then
>>
>>146206602

But that specific co-processor is broken?

>>146206535

MSU-1 is merely nice to have. I'd rather the libretro fork focus on shit that actually came out for the SFC than a hypothetical construct.
>>
>>146204908
It can, the ROM just needs to be in byuu's faggot folder format to work, because reasons.
>>
>>146206650

But the total dev cost wouldn't just be ~$4, which I think you very well fucking know.

Besides, where development on a decade-and-a-half old system is concerned, $0 > than $n every time.
>>
>>146206638
>Yes it can

No it cannot because RetroArch never fully implemented the cartridge folder system and fails to create the .rct file.

[bSNES]: XML map:
cartridge region=NTSC
spc7110
rom id=program name=program.rom size=0x100000
rom id=data name=data.rom size=0x400000
ram name=save.ram size=0x2000
map id=io address=00-3f,80-bf:4800-483f
map id=io address=50:0000-ffff
map id=rom address=00-3f,80-bf:8000-ffff
map id=rom address=c0-ff:0000-ffff
map id=ram address=00-3f,80-bf:6000-7fff mask=0xe000
epsonrtc
ram name=rtc.ram size=0x10
map id=io address=00-3f,80-bf:4840-4842

[bSNES]: ID 7, Request "manifest.bml".
[bSNES]: Complete load request.
[bSNES]: ID 33, Request "rtc.ram".
[bSNES]: Load BIOS.
[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: "/home/ANON/.config/retroarch/system/rtc.ram".
[bSNES]: ID 35, Request "program.rom".
[bSNES]: Load ROM.
[bSNES]: ID 36, Request "data.rom".
[bSNES]: Load BIOS.
[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: "/home/ANON/.config/retroarch/system/data.rom".
[bSNES]: ID 37, Request "save.ram".
[bSNES]: ID 6, Request "".
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load game.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_main_init_wrap() failed.
>>
>>146206727
Pretty sure that only works on very old bsnes versions because byuu keeps changing his faggot formats.
>>
>>146206803

So the libretro fork is not, in fact, missing any of that shit?
>>
>>146207031

OK, that should be fixed pronto. Fuckin' embarrassing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (59KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
59KB, 606x496px
>>146207031
>No it cannot
Yes, it can.

>[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: "/home/ANON/.config/retroarch/system/rtc.ram".
>[bSNES]: Cannot find requested file in system directory: "/home/ANON/.config/retroarch/system/data.rom".
Try downloading the RetroArch BIOS pack on the wiki.
>>
File: bu.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bu.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>146205810
If you're able to run them, xenoblade and monster hunter. The soundtracks are great too.
>>
>>146207291
Wew lad
>>146207383
>>
>>146207148

Both byuu and MAME are into format wars and slandering and bullying other projects in the process of adopting their 'assburger' stupid standards. And the way they keep this faggotry shill ride going is by constantly breaking spec and by constantly trying to force other devs to keep updating to whatever the latest broken shit version of their software is.

No thanks. Byuu is still salty over libsnes becoming libretro and leaving him behind to lord over his increasingly insignificant and obscurist remnants of his software. Imagine if byuu had been allowed to run libsnes v2 in the ground, this alternative scenario version of 'libretro' would be as popular and prominent as things like Hiro and Icarus most probably.
>>
>>146100650
I want to play a game like this.
How can I do that in RA? What core? What shader? What what?
>>
What happened to bsnes-classic?
>>
>>146207026
If you're not willing to spend $4 on a modchip and $15-$20 on a 100 pack of CD-Rs plus shipping so you can test on real hardware, then you're obviously not concerned at all about hardware compatibility and probably aren't actually motivated enough to finish whatever project anyway.
>>
>>146207737
It seems to be a hack to have every texture be the same thing. Likely just Simias using it to test.
>>
>>146207737

https://gist.github.com/simias/48729832e569c59ef570052f9f24c32b

Change the colors to whatever. It's 3x8bit RGB.
>>
>>146207527
Daniel stop
>>
>>146208572

That's beetle with the experimental GL renderer by the way, you'll have to enable it in the makefile. Alternatively you could make the modification earlier in gpu_polygon.cpp to have it work with the sw renderer.
>>
>>146206535
>Several people just tried out MSU-1 games on bsnes libretro and it worked just fine.

https://github.com/libretro/bsnes-libretro/issues/14
>>
File: HAHAHA.jpg (88KB, 330x331px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.jpg
88KB, 330x331px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4oxb2f/weekly_question_thread_20160620_to_20160626/d4hzbrf

>Honestly, PS2 has been in an arguably better state than Gamecube for years
>>
File: RetroArch-0622-001921.png (287KB, 683x512px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0622-001921.png
287KB, 683x512px
>>146208572

I've updated the patch to work with the software renderer directly.
>>
>>146158151
Is there a way, for something like Bluestacks or other Androud emulators, where I can just have infinite money, so I can fuck around in P2W games and shit?

The programs I know of are "Lucky Patcher", "Freedom" and "Game Hacker". Search those names + "Bluestacks" on Google or YT. Not all games are supported, and if the game has an actual online component, they'll detect what you're doing and ban your account pretty quickly.
>>
>>146207812

The amount of shitty assumptions in this post is absolutely staggering. Go fuck yourself in the ass.
>>
>>146209715

Beautiful.
>>
>>146151468
You really don't want to be using increased internal resolution in a 2D game, nothing good can come of it.
>>
I heard recently that the next release for P64 was not going to be malware any longer. Has that happened yet or should I just stick with mupen for now?
>>
>>146208590

Byuu stop.
>>
>>146210473

>uprezing

Devilry and witchcraft.
>>
File: phonejoy2_controller_3.jpg (115KB, 960x584px) Image search: [Google]
phonejoy2_controller_3.jpg
115KB, 960x584px
>>146158386
Everything I've heard about the Phonejoy is positive, with one exception: Since the device attaches to your phone using metal springs across the back, it bends backward slightly. Most people seem to have no problem with this, but a few have stated that it feels uncomfortable when held.
>>
File: 1396570233018.jpg (77KB, 313x328px) Image search: [Google]
1396570233018.jpg
77KB, 313x328px
>>146209314

It's leddit, what do you expect?
>>
>>146207527
i hate byuu so much, so this is why he self sabotaged himself by making his emu shittier every month and removing the good features.
>>
>>146211761

His problem was an inability to move on, in my opinion. BSNES is finished. It was finished quite a while ago. He should have found something more productive to do.
>>
>>146210846
>$70
Fuck me. I'll stay with >>146076667.
Still, it looks pretty slick. Is it comfy? I dislike the DS3, but I don't have much choice.
>>
>>146207527

If byuu was in charge you we would be able to change core settings without having to load a game first :)
>>
It seems I'm really incompetent when it comes to making 4chan-compatible webms so there:

https://svkt.org/~simias/mednafen/disco.webm
>>
File: ipega 9027.jpg (26KB, 413x355px) Image search: [Google]
ipega 9027.jpg
26KB, 413x355px
>>146212713
Get an ipega 9027. I have one and it cost me like $20. Has the superior 6th gen sticks layout, and I swear the D-Pad is suspiciously Nintendo-level good. Best shit I ever got for mobile. Although I only ever use it for emulation and KotOR so I guess I don't have the full range of experience.
>>
>>146213650
>svkt.org

what
>>
File: 1440205514541.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440205514541.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>146209715
damn son
>>
File: vp8.webm (178KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
vp8.webm
178KB, 1152x720px
>>146214102

It's a virus anon, don't open it.
>>
>>146213650
That's pretty interesting. Any idea why everything on the right half is colored differently from the left, and the flickering light colors at the top? I can't wrap my head around how that would create a sane lighting scheme (if that's even what it is) with the regular textures.
>>
File: spyro-pal-60.png (193KB, 1918x1198px) Image search: [Google]
spyro-pal-60.png
193KB, 1918x1198px
>>146215243

vertices[0].r = vertices[0].x;
vertices[0].g = vertices[0].y;
vertices[0].b = 0x8f;

vertices[1].r = 0xff;
vertices[1].g = vertices[0].x;
vertices[1].b = vertices[0].y;

vertices[2].r = vertices[0].y;
vertices[2].g = 0;
vertices[2].b = vertices[0].x;

Not really sure what's the flickering is about, I'm guessing the overflow behaves differently depending on which framebuffer is being used.
>>
>>146214990
Is spyro even good?
>>
>>146215896
Seriously?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6fGDzq7zas&list=PLjcuJWG-XqDlCRqR3I697CZ4D6Mf20K4i
>>
>>146210219
Guess what dude? The only way to know for sure if your software works on a given piece of hardware, is to test it on that hardware. And yes, if small amount of money like $25 is too much for you to commit to a project, then you're basically doomed to failure anyway.
Or am I talking with some autistic idiot like vgturtle who asked for donations so he could buy an SD card?
>>
File: disco2.webm (2MB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
disco2.webm
2MB, 1152x720px
>>146215896

It's okay, pretty simple though. It's a good game for testing 3D stuff I think.
>>
>>146212859
because byuu is a magician who can make the impossible happen
>>
>>146216761

>Internet arguments are EVERYTHING to me!

Argue with someone else, whiny entitled 13-year-old. I'm already bored fucking stiff with your willful nonsense.
>>
>>146217040

Panic at the Disco.
>>
>>146215701

Gourad shading only?
>>
>>146217993

Yeah, I was trying to get the PAL version to run at 60Hz. Mednafen is not very cooperative.
>>
>>146217616
So the fact that I'm willing to spend money on my projects and expect the same from others some how makes me an entitled teenager?
>>
>>146218520

>So the fact that I'm willing to spend money on my projects...

Not entitled.

>...and expect the same from others..

ENTITLEMENT AT "D4DDY5M0N3Y" AND RISING!

>...some how makes me an entitled teenager?

Correct.
>>
>>146219182
So expecting other adults to behave like adults is entitlement?
You make no sense.
>>
>>146219729

...Holy fuck you're stupid. I have no words for how fucking dumb you're acting. This level of obtuse reasoning has to be deliberate.
>>
>>146219729

There is no way you're not a teenager.
>>
File: laughing Camerooonian.gif (3MB, 304x332px) Image search: [Google]
laughing Camerooonian.gif
3MB, 304x332px
>>146211414
>>146209314

>deleted
>>
>>146219729
Expecting others to have money to spend is entitlement.

Not everyone has the privelege of disposable income.
>>
File: screenshot_00050.png (55KB, 1010x681px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00050.png
55KB, 1010x681px
I have a problem with SCP Toolkit.
I have to reinstall the PS3 driver everytime I turn on my computer and it's starting to get annoying, this didn't happen before.
>>
>>146210495
>Has that happened yet or should I just stick with mupen for now?
The official version of 2.3 hasn't been released yet. However, if you get a build from emucr, it won't have malware.

Don't use M64p... It's garbage.
>>
>>146220484
>>146220646
Expecting somebody else to develop an emulator that has absolute 100% accuracy, thereby making testing on the real hardware unnecessary, is entitlement. Adults understand that sometimes you have to spend money to get shit done, and making sure that your software works on a given piece of hardware is one of those times. For one, you have to acquire the hardware in the first place. Then for every system there is a non-zero cost involve in getting your software to run on it. This can include flashcarts, modchips and equipment required to flash a custom operating system.

>>146220753
>Expecting others to have money to spend is entitlement.
That is not entitlement. Entitlement is the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
>Not everyone has the privelege of disposable income.
No, not everybody does. But if you can't afford test hardware then there are probably better ways for you to spend your time than working on romhacks.
>>
How stable is Vice City and San Andreas currently in an emulator? last time I tried SA, there was lag and delays in the audio not to mention an echo.
>>
>>146222568
Why not play the PC ports?
>>
>>146222870
Pretty much all the digital copies have removed songs. Yeah I could pirate it or buy a used copy off ebay, but it's just so much more convenient to download a PS2 ISO rather than trying to find a legit copy off piracy sites.
>>
>>146222358

>Still arguing.

Don't worry, "Professional Internet Arguer" is totes legit as an occupation, right? There's no way that wouldn't make bank in the real world!
>>
File: pads.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pads.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>146076667
Hello there, fellow Anon.
Note 3 with newest PPSSPP, rooted, stock 4.3 - with everything on 2x and without any fancy filters on, no slowdowns. Haven't tried YS thou, tested on MonHun and Godeater.

>>146077263
Nah.

>>146076762
>>146212713

There are decent alternatives that do. Samsung's pad is 15-18 Euros, Impulse is overpriced, both are great on the go or couch.
>>146213725
Or this. Better D-pad than on my Samsung thou I like analogs better.
Anon, many games use it natively. Reckless racing series, Agarest wars, Kemco's RPGs, that zombie shooter and many others. With MHL I pretty much stopped using my consoles.
>>
>>146223973

Slavic?
>>
File: archgame.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
archgame.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>146223973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_lgcyTouM
alternatively, this is a decent device if emulation is your main activity on the go.
Lenovo Yoga series is also superior, form factor is simply awesome.
>>146224123
Kinda but living in vaterland.
Etanol betrayed me?
>>
>>146223818
Do you always resort to name calling when somebody disagrees with you?
But if you really did want to put an end to this argument then all you need to do is stop posting.
>>
>>146223261
You can put the assets from an old copy in with the new exe to get the music back if you want it legit as possible.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>146220919
Help please.
>>
>>146224476

Of course, petulance has ever been the last resort of the entitled.
>>
>>146224437

Your keyboard layout.
>>
I want to play Smash 64 on Retroarch via mupen64plus.

The thing is, I prefer to have the C buttons mapped to X and Y on my 360 controller, but I cant find a way to map C buttons on anything but a C stick.

Any way to work around this? Also, I hate tapping up to jump.
>>
File: disgusted.gif (905KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.gif
905KB, 240x228px
>>146209314

>PS2 has been in an arguably better state than Gamecube for years

>Shadow of the Colossus is slow on even capable systems, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria still has lots of bugs, Totally worth downvoting, right?
>>
>>146226672
Huh, you actually made me to look at key for the first time since I got this particular computer.
Also, considering I've bought it literaly from back of white Transit van registered in Ukraine, on polish open air market, while speaking mostly broken german, as only mean of mutually understandable toungue, I wouldn't call this keyboard a valid indicator of my country of origin.
Nicely done thou.
>>
>>146227936

Relax.
>>
>>146120561
Have you tried running them in software mode.
>>
>>146219729
Just thought I'd chime in and say you're being fucking retarded and that the person you're arguing with is correct.
>>
Will Squarepusher protect us from the communists?
>>
>>146229916
I have never encountered another human being more communist than Squarepusher.
>>
>>146229916
Will he protect us from the fascists too?
>>
>>146230094
I think he would take offense at being called a communist. I think he identifies as socialist.
>>
>>146228274
I am relaxed. Finals week anon, I am relaxed.
Very.
>>
>>146199614
so overall I'd be better off with retroarch i guess?

>just avoid their PPSSPP core
so do I download all the cores separately?

>>146199521
>more difficult to configure
how so?

>It's sole advantage is the implementation of shaders
like those CRT filters? yeah I don't need that
>>
Still trying to get Ishiiruka working. I can't actually install Directx 9 since there's a newer version already installed. Which libraries exactly does Ishiiruka need? And why aren't they bundled with it anyway?
>>
>>146207383
Not like anyone can play this game without a fan translation.

Remember when byuu promised to hack a translation into this game?
>>
>>146208947
The ones that don't work are ones that aren't updated to v90+ MSU1 format.
>>
>>146202179
>>The snes cores have several times more input lag than standalone emus.

Nice misinfo, anon.
>>
GLideN64 keeps getting better and better. And Android compatibility is getting better. Soon we'll have shitty N64 clones with 99% compatibility.
>>
Dolphin pulled up a send stats to improve performance kind of thing when I last build it. Are you opting for it? I sure aren't but am thinking about it.
>>
>>146133137
http://www.8bitdo.com/fc30pro/A-Chinese-Odyssey/
>>
>>146240637
Why would you not want to improve Dolphin for literally zero effort?
>>
>>146240637
It would be nice to participate but Ishiiruka is strictly better for actually playing though.
>>
>>146241086
muh privacy
I dont get it either desu
>>
File: niggaball.png (433KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
niggaball.png
433KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>146238847
>GLideN64 keeps getting better and better.
top kek
>>
>>146243938
It's gotten a 200% speed boost a week or so ago. It runs Pilotwings perfectly. Accuracy is up. Bugs are down, except for that one catastrophic bug which corrupts transparent textures.
>>
File: CopyfromVRAM_vs_SoftwareDepth.jpg (167KB, 1280x550px) Image search: [Google]
CopyfromVRAM_vs_SoftwareDepth.jpg
167KB, 1280x550px
>>146243938
Hear that? That's the sound of rapid improvement.
>>
>>146245406

are you still billy may mays shilling this mediocre gl plugin by a guy who up until 16 days ago did not even know what a VBO was?

lolz, n64 skiddies will never learn.
>>
>>146245569

hear that?

that is mupen64 libretro with the glide64 plugin back in 2013, before gonetz had even an inkling that depth buffer rendering on the GPU was never going to scale.

is this what we paid 10K for? to be back at glide64s level?
>>
File: 1458783225538.gif (940KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
1458783225538.gif
940KB, 500x578px
>>146245569
I can't tell the difference between these images. I was never good at these puzzles as a child, please have mercy.
>>
>>146245998
I don't really know what it means, but the window reflections are brighter I guess?
>>
File: cheryl.jpg (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cheryl.jpg
684KB, 1920x1080px
This game seriously has problems on everything. Fuck.
>>
>>146245998
>>146247686
Framerate, right is twice as fast as left.
>>
>>146220919
Use the old SCPdriver, it's better in every way.
>>
File: keys1.webm (920KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
keys1.webm
920KB, 960x540px
>>146249353
I don't think it supports Windows 10.
>>
>>146180926
https://twitter.com/opcode_raeg/status/745503056662429697
>>
>>146183812
'Fraid I can't.
>>
>>146249809
It's working for me on W10 right now
>>
>>146252215
enjoy your botnet
>>
>>146202271
>>146238539
All standalone snes emus have less input lag than the RA snes cores. It's a fact. Check the extensive discussions and test data on the forums. Or better yet, try playing super mario world and see for yourself.
>>
Hmm might be interesting to have a game like this as a libretro port.

https://bitbucket.org/opentyrian/opentyrian/wiki/Home
>>
>>146257220
https://youtu.be/G1Tk7cJy2Os
>>
>>146245569
>Not just playing the superior 360 port
>>
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/pull/199

They probably should start grouping libretro games together under one section by now. No need to have a separate menu item just for one game.
>>
>>146254940
Its really trivial to block all the "botnet" nonsense at the router level.
>>
I've recently upgraded my graphics card and I still get slowdowns while emulating Metal Gear Solid 2, only in some of its cutscenes where there are slowdown effects, the game seems to be slowing down. How can I fix this? Even in native resolution while using a GTX 970, I get slowdowns. Again, they're only at the cutscenes, and performance impact doesn't seem to change much when I swap back to 3x native res. Using OpenGL on that game doesn't work at all either, the game slows down in every way compared to DX11.
>>
>>146259648
Weird, I remember playing through MGS2 and MGS3 with very few slowdowns. MGS3 had a lot more than 2 but still not that much.

I think I toggled texture resolution to the native and turned off anything fancy at the times where it might've slowed down to make it pick back up.
>>
File: Screenshot_138.jpg (231KB, 1898x787px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_138.jpg
231KB, 1898x787px
>>146259836
I don't know dude. Check this out.
This cutscene here is the only cutscene where I got below fullspeed, there was also a bit of slowdown in the vamp's intro cutscene, but it only happened for merely 2-3 seconds, here however, while they shoot this woman (i don't really know her name yet this is how far I've played this game) the game slow downs to around 75%, then while she kills every soldier in that area, the game runs at full speed, including while there are multiple explosions.
Afterwards, there are seagulls around? and the game somehow runs at 50% speed. These total of 3 situations were the only slowdowns I've gotten so far in this game, hell even Shadow of the Colossus had no slowdowns at all.
>>
File: clip+(2016-06-22+at+05.58.14).png (71KB, 297x594px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-06-22+at+05.58.14).png
71KB, 297x594px
>>146260639
Try copying these settings.

I never used DX11 on PCSX2, DX9 always worked well for me and I've got a 770.
>>
>>146259648
You're not fixing the cut scene slowdowns in MGS, use the OGL plugin in HW mode for the game and switch back to SW if you really really care about the cutsenes.

DX11/9 have missing effects and probably other crap affecting them.

Set the sound plugin to async mix if you don't want the distorted audio.
>>
>>146259648
>Using OpenGL on that game doesn't work at all either, the game slows down in every way compared to DX11.
Didn't see that at first, you're doing something very wrong if that's the case, my way slower GPU can handle 6x no problem.
>>
>>146257307
Man, I don't know why but I love the fuck out of those graphics.
>>
>>146245406
>It runs Pilotwings perfectly.
That's like the one good thing I'll give him props for, as far as what he has done in the past 6 months.

>>146245723
Gonetz still did a lot more for N64 emulation than any libretro dev. FrankenMupen's Glide64 is hardly any better than Glide64 Final and is still embarrassingly slow in some games.
>>
Recommended emulator for Shenmue II on Dreamcast?
Previously played 1 in nullDC fine, and wiki recommends three saying they're all spotty.

As for Reicast, is the libretro core worth a damn yet?
>>
>>146221571
Yeah. I'm gonna stop using it. Will get a build of project.
>>
>>146227149
Just map the c buttons to x and y. I don't think that it's an issue, just change the binding for that game.
>>
>>146265079
demul for shenmue
>>
>>146245998
The framerate is over 2x faster with software depth buffer. You can get playable speeds in Vigilante 8 with GLideN64 now.

>>146247686
The window reflection changing brightness is due to GLideN64 having a rather nasty bug where transparent textures randomly corrupt. It appeared a month or two ago and is very, very bad.

>>146247950
Shattered Memories is deeply broken on PCSX2 with some sort of streaming bug, also broken on PPSSPP, but it works on Dolphin. You need FB to RAM for accurate flashlight behavior, though, and you have to endure the shitty Wii chase sequence controls.
>>
>>146263941

you have no clue what youre talking about. perspective correction is still completely broken in any non-libretro glide64, including your broken slapdashed PJ64 port.

admit it, most of you autistic nerds are hyping the fuck out of gliden64 and PJ64 hoping there is some money in it for you. too bad zilmar doesnt believe in sharing and PJ64 is not all that significant, so you can stop your shilling right about now if that is the goal.
>>
MarathonMan on zilmar

>I lost basically all respect for him when he started bundling crapware into the installers -- especially considering he kept it in there after numerous people complained how deceptive the installer was. Again, it's not like he's actually improved anything recently (actually, he introduced massive regressions and waited for the community to fix them while putting his crapware in place). It wasn't until around a little less than a year ago that people finally started saying 1.6 no longer has the regressions present in 1.7/2.x releases.

>Yes, he's done some great things in the past. However, now (IMO) he's basically tarnished his name and really just treats N64 emulation as a small money grab. The scene is in dire need of people (like cxd4, AIO, MooglyGuy, angrylion, etc.) who innovate and actively improve the emulation - not those who open are constantly in search of a way to get users to open their wallets.

>I don't think I am alone in these sentiments, considering the snarky top-voted comment mentioning the removal of (the) malware installer does not come without some kind of compensation for it, another paywall? I'm happy w/ mupen64plus on Android anyways, etc.
>>
>>146263941

you dont even understand the RDP and you keep your stupid nonsignificant tinkerings to angrylion to yourself, rpgmaster/legendofdragoon. who are you to talk about anything honestly when you directly admitted to maister you dont know jack shit about the RDP.

Neither do most of you guys about the N64. Its all a bunch of grandstanding by a bunch of stupid autistic nerds that 'pretend' to know what theyre talking about, except you dont. Zthats why you still hype up shitty ancient HLE plugins designed around Glide and GL 1.x instead of coming up with revolutionary new things, like maister is doing.

your endless self promotion and aggrandizing of ego is sickeningly narcissistic and this is why yiu get pushback.
>>
Devs shitposting at each other anonymously is amusing
>>
>>146271420

to be honest, marathonman is like byuu, he sets himself up as an 'expert" on the scene, blablabla, mentioning all the 'scene guys', meanwhile, an outsider like maister completely blows all these guys crap away in a few days. it really is a mediocrity fest this 'N64 scene', but thats what you get when most of this code is directly plagiarized from nintendo/sgi.

if marathonman really had these 'skills', where is his efforts to put angrylion on the GPU? How about AIO? how about gonetz? all i see gonetz able tod is pick up an ancient shitty plugin, do a money grab and then spending years backporting old code from glide64 to bring it up to glide64s level. and pathetic shills in here hype the crap out of him for such mediocre efforts. all i see marathonman doing is lifting code from oman and other sources and doing premature optimizations
>>
>N64 scene shitflinging

Oh boy here we go again
>>
>>146254989

you are completely full of shit and your tests were unsubstantive shit too.

you cannot reliably test in a windoze pc woth an nvidia card. the swapchain is not in your control with GL, nvidias driver dictates what swapchain you are going to get. that alone factors huge into latency.

with an actual proper OS and/or an actual proper graphics API like vulkan, you can actually programmatically make sure you get double buffering or triple buffering and you actually know at a programmatic level when a frame has been dropped.

Nothing can touch RA because few other programs support custom swapchains to that extent.

stop being ridiculous now, your tests as a stupid as fuck enduser are worthless and it eill take years for any shitty 'standalone snes emu' to be able to compete with RA's code on audio/video sync. And THAT is a fact. the ithers (byuu/mame) are so bad in this regard they have just thrown vsync completely out and told people 'get a gsync monitor' because they have never learned how to do audio/cideo sync properly and they need hardware to cover up their bad nonexistent syncing strategies for them. another 'fact' for you right now.

now, shut up and quit talking about subjects you know nothing about, autistic FUD 4ch nerd.
>>
>>146254989
Stop lying out of your teeth.

The post on the forums only compares libretro cores, standalone emulators were not brought up. Hunterk's tests only indicate ZSNES had lower lag and that everything else was close to the same, with higan having the most lag.

Disinfo anon pls shut the fuck up.
>>
>>146254989

tests that were done on an nvidia gpu with gl with naive driver settings. fail. especially when you know you dont control buffer swaps with GL/D3D.

tests that were done before late input polling was introduced. fail.

testing any latency test at all on windoze. fail. you skiddies really cannot stand the fact that windoze is utter shit for these purposes, right?

not factoring in that your oh-so-low latency ,standalone snes emu' will tear like a muthafuckah while RA ihas perfect vsync with noncrackling audio. i know which one id rather choose. byuu has admitted now in the latest higan he doesnt know how to do this so he has just thrown vsync completely out as a user option and just expects you to buy a g-sync monitor. none of you guys have any room to talk anymore when RA is literally one of the few programs that actually can do it right without some adaptive sync snakeoil monitor.
>>
With all this talk about how great RA is it makes me wanna play some games with the PPSSPP core, oh wait.
>>
>>146273461
PPSSPP core still works even though it's old. I don't know where this meme that "outdated" emulators somehow stop working came from.
>>
>>146273694
Just because it still "works" does not mean it's not worth improving.
>>
File: RetroArch-0622-161951.png (51KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0622-161951.png
51KB, 1280x1152px
>>
>>146271652
>>146271987
>>146272449
>>146273137
shut thef fuck up danny
>>
>>146274367
Maybe when Toadking decides to rebase the port again
>>
>>146274872

Here comes Mr. CSI profiler again that runs his unique profiling check on randon anom posts and concludes it's the omnipresent evil SP that is posting this.
>>
>>146237995

Out of curiosity (MSU isn't some holy grail to me, as I said), why wasn't backward compatibility retained with the old spec?

Or am I misinterpreting things yet again?
>>
Do angry people make more typos?
>>
>>146240856

WTF...
>>
>>146249912

Oh dear. :(
>>
>>146274672

There's my picross! :)
>>
>>146275887

Yes. Yes they do.
>>
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showpost.php?p=65539&postcount=17

>fullspeed angrylion with Vulkan

I came
>>
>>146265515
Hmm, I will try. Last time I tried it wouldnt let me.
>>
>>146277259

How come emugen did not pick up on all these videos before? Too busy wanking over gliden64 instead?
>>
>>146278231

The zelda one got posted here at least. Not sure about Jet Force Gemini.
>>
>>146277259
>PJ64
>implying I will every touch it
At least it's nice that they're going with Vulkan. Here's hoping Vulkan saves us.
>>
>>146278559

Umm, that's Mupen64 libretro you see running there. See the OSD font showing 'Xbox 360 Wireless Controller detected'? That's RA.
>>
>>146278754
Don't mind me, I'm just retarded.
>>
>>146274672
Picross makes me angry.
>>
>>146280051

Why anon? It's pretty comfy.
>>
>>146280252
>cuz I suck at it
>>
>>146227768
I'd rather have an emulator with minor bugs in some games and some unplayable games than an emulator that plays everything but almost nothing runs at full speed unless you have a machine twice as good as the one needed for PS2 emulation. I don't give a shit about accuracy if accuracy makes the games drop FPS.
>>
>>146280436
I'd rather have an emulator that works properly. I have real machines if I need to play games right now.
>>
>getting a Raspi Zero
>get a gb classic
>get a screen
>just a little bit soldering

getting best emulator for nearly any "old" console
>feels good
>>
themasters vulkan LLE looking good! https://youtu.be/mLU_JJsT6Vw
>>
>>146277259
>>146281260
Holy shit.
>>
>>146281260
Does it not do sound, or are my speakers busted?
>>
Is it just me, or does Genesis Plus GX have some serious sound issues in the SMS department?

Is there a way to fix this?

Genesis Plus GX sample:
https://clyp.it/5t4s2ewk

Actual SMS sample:
https://clyp.it/41p2zaic
>>
>>146281861

Who care, that's not what he's showcasing.
>>
>>146277462
The button names are weird in retroarch but I'm pretty sure I've done it with smash before.
>>
>>146274672
Boy with head in clouds cheats at see-saw, resulting in girl losing both legs
>>
File: 1449976633196.jpg (91KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1449976633196.jpg
91KB, 640x932px
>>146257307
>>146257220
>tfw I literally posted this ITT forever ago
>>
>>146281260
Let me know when it runs pokémo puzzle league.
>>
>>146283907

you know that has nothing to do with the graphics plugin, time to stop being salty now.
>>
>>146284247
I was merely memeing my friend. If it could fix Harvest Moon, that'd be nice though.
>>
>>146283907
>Let me know when it runs pokémon puzzle league.
Top kek :) .

>>146277259
>fullspeed angrylion with Vulkan
Full speed in OOT is hardly impressive.

>where is his efforts to put angrylion on the GPU?
He's going for cycle accuracy... You must be slow.

>>146271652
>you dont even understand the RDP and you keep your stupid nonsignificant tinkerings to angrylion to yourself, rpgmaster/legendofdragoon.
Why do you love to attack rpgmaster/legendofdragoon? What did he do to you?

>who are you to talk about anything honestly when you directly admitted to maister you dont know jack shit about the RDP.
What a load of nonsense. Who do you think was the one who pointed out those terrible bugs in your fork of Angrylion's?

>your endless self promotion and aggrandizing of ego is sickeningly narcissistic and this is why yiu get pushback.
All I did was give Gonetz a tiny bit of credit. I'm not Gonetz nor am I part of his team, so I don't see how this is a self promotion at all.

>Zthats why you still hype up shitty ancient HLE plugins designed around Glide and GL 1.x instead of coming up with revolutionary new things, like maister is doing.
I think you have a hard time distinguishing who's who. I'm not the same guy who's shilling GLideN64. All I did was appreciate the fact that he fixed PilotWing's shadows. SOmething you "experts" have yet to do, despite bashing Gonetz for not being an OGL expert.

I hope you realize that some developers can't even use vulkan because they don't have new enough hardware.. Vulkan is not the end all solution.

>you dont even understand the RDP and you keep your stupid nonsignificant tinkerings to angrylion to yourself
If you're talking about rpgmaster, that's false. Nice try m8. I think it's also hypocritical that you attack certain devs, while saying nothing about other devs who actually did the same bad things you're talking about. Talk about cowardice.
>>
>>146282075

Must be, because OpenEmu very conspicuously goes with two different cores (neither of which are GPGX) for SMS emulation.
>>
>>146285931
>Full speed in OOT is hardly impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlFI9XisTBI
>>
>>146285931

"Full speed in OOT is hardly impressive."

Lulz, OK, where are all these equivalent projects right now ?

Nowhere, that is where.

Keep downtalking people who can actually code though, and by coding I don't mean coding against GL 1.x or Glide, or trying to pointlessly optimize verilog-to-C software rendering source code.
>>
>>146285932

For all the crap RetroArch gets, at least they make substantial improvements and innovations to emulator cores.

All OpenEmu does is fork, fork, and not do a damn thing of any significance to any cores.
>>
>>146282075
Everything that's not a Model 1 has sound issues
>>
>>146285931

"He's going for cycle accuracy... You must be slow."

You must be slow either if you are still falling for the delusional rantings and ravings of a certain high school dropout who once envisioned every emulator should strive for cycle accuracy. It ain't happening with today's CPUs. Better give up on your delusional pipedreams and aim for something more realistic.
>>
>>146271987
>meanwhile, an outsider like maister completely blows all these guys crap away in a few days.
Yet no public release. What does he have to hide?

>and pathetic shills in here hype the crap out of him for such mediocre efforts.
There's only one shill in this thread and it's pretty obvious who he is.

>all i see marathonman doing is lifting code from oman and other sources and doing premature optimizations
How is Maister's work any different?

It's pathetic how you bash some devs for no good reason, while shilling other devs who aren't any better. Marathonman has clearly done more for the scene than you have. Same with Gonetz.

>>146271381
>perspective correction is still completely broken in any non-libretro glide64, including your broken slapdashed PJ64 port.
Ok cool, so you fixed one thing more thing I wasn't aware of. There's a reason I had "hardly any better". Fixing one or two things is not that big of a deal. It's still hella slow in some games (just like Glide64 final), which is sad.
>>
>>146285931
>I think it's also hypocritical that you attack certain devs, while saying nothing about other devs who actually did the same bad things you're talking about.

Who?
>>
>>146287264
>Yet no public release. What does he have to hide?

Simply because it's not done yet?

How long did it take Gonetz to finally opensource gliden64? And this was a guy that was extracting money from people left and right and telling everybody to become 'late backers' and 'beta tester donators'. But I don't see you saying one single bad thing about that.
>>
>>146287264
>It's still hella slow in some games (just like Glide64 final), which is sad.

Gliden64 is easily 2 times slower than Glide64 still, and honestly now that Gonetz is directly borrowing code from Glide64 (like software depht buffer rendering), there isn't a whole lot to show for it now.

At best you can say that GLN64 is exchanging blows with Glide64 on a compatibility/accuracy level. Wow, such revolution after all these years and a $10K kickstarter, and that is not even taking into consideration all the 'late backer' donations he funneled from people. What a sham honestly.
>>
>>146287280
The other guy who made a fork of Angrylion's with "dozens of optimizations" that were never publicly released.

>>146287140
Never said I believe he would achieve it with full speed on today's modern hardware. It doesn't hurt to strive to more accuracy though, which is why I appreciate his efforts.
>>
>>146287264

> Yet no public release. What does he have to hide?

BTW, sorry to disappoint you PJ64 guys, but it might take a while for you guys to be able to use this.

1) THe plugin doesn't give a crap about any zilmar API limitations, so you'll have to backport it and make it work with this precious joke plugin API first which you all seem to love so much.

2) You need Vulkan support since that will be the first initial API. So since you have no code in PJ4 that can do that, good luck struggling with that. You might be able to do a GL 4.x port but that requires effort and a level of understanding of GL that goes beyond the kind of broken GL plugins you usually deal with.

All in all, you guys had a good run with your whole 'PJ64 the best, mupen64plus is finished, libretro is shit', but now the rules have changed again and you are left in catch-up mode. Good luck :)
>>
>>146286808

I don't care. And it really doesn't matter anyway; the project is not likely to last with only one significant dev and all those cores to maintain. Why put up with one difficult asshole (clobber) when you can put up with another (SP) and gain so much more?

Not that this was relevant at all to my original statement.
>>
Remember when fixing the MSVC build for mupen64plus was going attract all these devs who would fix everything?
>>
>>146287140

Every emulator _should_ strive for cycle accuracy, where possible. For the N64, this will not be possible. I don't even think it would be for the Playstation without heavy, Carmack-esque levels of optimization.
>>
Is it possible to emulate games from Xbox?

I've tried playing some of the Kingdom Under Fire series and just with the ISO it doesn't work, and some emulatores like Xoen only work with one game.

Should I just cave in, get an Xbox and play it the old fashioned way?
>>
>>146288331

They didn't do a damn thing, and they still kept up their whole 'PJ64 the best' mantra :).

Now they are all crying and whining about maister not uploading his sourcecode fast enough for them, so they can pull the whole superiority crap again and go 'PJ64 the best, everything else is shit'.

These people are ones to talk about others being 'parasites' and 'leeches' honestly. Notice how they didn't even bother upstreaming to bsmiles' mupen64 RSP HLE but that didn't prevent them from hollering about the great significant improvements they made to their RSP HLE fork in PJ64. Bsmiles had to go out of his way to contact Zilmar and tell him to put the credits back in teh sourcecode since Zilmar didn't care about doing any of that.

There are quite some sycophantic weirdos in Zilmar's camp that for some reason enjoy the sadomasochism.

Let's see now if these guys are willing to admit they are not the bee's knees and are actually able to work together instead of just spitting on the libretro project for no apparent real reason. Give up all of the passive aggressive bullshit and you might just, you know, gain some friends. Otherwise you will only get back what you put in.
>>
File: 1453019461472.gif (1003KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1453019461472.gif
1003KB, 220x220px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4p7hra/how_2smash_4_iso/
>>
>>146287748

Don't get your hopes up with marathonman. I'm seeing lots of talk, and fiddling around, but it all seems to produce very little that's concrete. That's the classic signs of an asshole writing checks he can't actually cash (for whatever reason).
>>
>>146287460
>Simply because it's not done yet?
Then you can't say his work "completely blows all these guys crap away in a few days".

>>146287692
>At best you can say that GLN64 is exchanging blows with Glide64 on a compatibility/accuracy level.
I have to say I agree with this. Both have their pros and cons.

>Gliden64 is easily 2 times slower than Glide64 still, and honestly now that Gonetz is directly borrowing code from Glide64 (like software depht buffer rendering), there isn't a whole lot to show for it now.
From what I've seen, most games are faster with GLideN64, but it's still sad how some games are slower than Glide64.

>>146288204
>libretro is shit'
Now where did I say that? Even I acknowledge you guys have improved mupen and Glide64. I just think there aren't enough improvements to the point where I'd overlook the trash talk you do.

>BTW, sorry to disappoint you PJ64 guys, but it might take a while for you guys to be able to use this.
Vulkan's not even portable.. I think you seriously need to do more research before making these silly assumptions.
>>
>>146288907
> https://www.reddit.com/user/InkyHD

Goddamn
>>
>>146288706
Xbox emulation isn't great, sorry. If you want to play it soon then you'll need to buy an xbox. I think they're easily modded though.
>>
>>146289058
>I just think there aren't enough improvements to the point where I'd overlook the trash talk you do.

Who started the trash talk? You could say one acted out of self-defense.

Maybe it's time to stop with all this bullshit since there is still time to build bridges,

> Vulkan's not even portable.. I think you seriously need to do more research before making these silly assumptions.

Wut? I think honestly you need to heed your own advice here, saying Vulkan is not portable makes no sense unless you mean only the latest graphics card support it, which well, you have the graphics card industry to blame for and their constant 'forced obsolescence' policies.
>>
So what is the best way to set up an N64 emulator so that it just works currently?
Which emulator (I'm assuming Project64)?
Which Plugin?
Anything else I need to know?
>>
>>146289058
>Then you can't say his work "completely blows all these guys crap away in a few days".

I'm sorry, I am seeing no other real RDP LLE plugin out there worth a shit.

That includes z64 gl too, which is still the same broken mess it was back in 2007. Maybe somebody should finally update it to something more modern than GL 1.x or whatever the hell its feature set consists of, that whole ugly wrapper around it makes it even more undesirable and bug prone to work on.
>>
>>146289304
Yeah xbox are moddes fairly easily, it's just that it's kinda hard to get an xbox; thanks for answering.
>>
>>146288907
That retard kept messaging me.

>you litterally just removed a post that was in no way breaking any rules and then ban me because you think im too young to be on r/emulation? fuck you bitch

>m80, ur a badmin and u no it

>this is going str8 to keemstar he gonna expose ur ass
>>
>>146288756
>They didn't do a damn thing, and they still kept up their whole 'PJ64 the best' mantra :).
False. I think it's disrespectful to deny the help you've received.

>Now they are all crying and whining about maister not uploading his sourcecode fast enough for them
LOL.

>Notice how they didn't even bother upstreaming to bsmiles' mupen64 RSP HLE but that didn't prevent them from hollering about the great significant improvements they made to their RSP HLE fork in PJ64. Bsmiles had to go out of his way to contact Zilmar and tell him to put the credits back in teh sourcecode since Zilmar didn't care about doing any of that.
Maybe because Bsmiles didn't even bother to reply to the guy... They know better than to waste their own time, when M64p team isn't even respectful. https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-rsp-hle/pull/40 They haven't even said a word to this guy. Tbh seeing this PR get neglected made me lose even more respect for these M64p devs.

>Let's see now if these guys are willing to admit they are not the bee's knees and are actually able to work together instead of just spitting on the libretro project for no apparent real reason. Give up all of the passive aggressive bullshit and you might just, you know, gain some friends.
At least 1 PJ64 dev has contributed to your project. Idk what you're talking about.
>>
>>146289612
>this is going str8 to keemstar

You're fucked mate, time to leave the country
>>
>>146289524
>it's just that it's kinda hard to get an xbox
Sounds like you haven't even looked then.
>>
>>146288907
Funny how you folks find the crap I deal with.
>>
>>146289612
>>146290196

Shit who's the real one
>>
>>146290318
Those two posts are mine.

>>146288907

Is not mine.

-Rev
>>
>>146289019
>Don't get your hopes up with marathonman. I'm seeing lots of talk, and fiddling around, but it all seems to produce very little that's concrete. That's the classic signs of an asshole writing checks he can't actually cash (for whatever reason).
He acts overly optimistic, but he has done some good work. Especially his optimizations. Anyone who simply cares about LLE, would benefit from his work.

>>146289335
>Who started the trash talk? You could say one acted out of self-defense.
It's one thing to critize certain devs for the the things they do revolving around money, but I think you crossed the line by downplaying their achievements. I really don't know why you bashed Marathonman.

>Maybe it's time to stop with all this bullshit since there is still time to build bridges
The scene would improve if more bridges were built..

>saying Vulkan is not portable makes no sense unless you mean only the latest graphics card support it, which well, you have the graphics card industry to blame for and their constant 'forced obsolescence' policies.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. To me, hardware portability is far more important than OS portability. Even I went through the trouble of installing both Linux and Windows.. Buying new hardware is out of the question... I think it's especially ridiculous to have to buy new hardware to play emulators for old systems.

>>146289423
There's no universally good setup. It would help if you told us what games you want to play.

>>146289464
>I'm sorry, I am seeing no other real RDP LLE plugin out there worth a shit.
If that's true, then it should be released already. I get full speed in some games with Angrylion's. Then there's also the fact that some games are currently LLE only, so even broken graphics is better than not being able to play at all..
>>
>>146291359
The problem is that I want to play lots of different things but without the hassle of having to switch between plugins.
Either way, I take it that P64 is better than Mupen so I should be using P64, right?
>>
>>146113384
>>146163793

These shaders are pretty good, and probably the best we can do on 960 resolution.

There's a bit of greyness to the image, and the whites are dull grey instead of white. CRT Royale is the only one that I've seen do whites right. And there's a bit too much halation. My screen only does that when super dusty.
>>
>>146291704
>The problem is that I want to play lots of different things but without the hassle of having to switch between plugins.
If you have high standards, then this is inevitable. But the same is true for anything, because 1 size does not fit all.

>Either way, I take it that P64 is better than Mupen so I should be using P64, right?
Overall, PJ64 > M64p. If you're on windows, I see little reason to ever use Mupen64Plus. I would say a good portion of games work reasonably well with either Glide64 and GLideN64.
>>
>>146288331
>Remember when fixing the MSVC build for mupen64plus was going attract all these devs who would fix everything?
RARE games in LLE got fixed as a result.
>>
>>146292681
OK. Thanks for the help. I suppose switching between two plugins won't be too much hassle. I have to fiddle with PCSX2 dependent on game as is anyway.
>>
>>146286632
>>146287140
>>146288204
>>146288756
get a tripcode Daniel
>>
>>146289756
https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/commits?author=LegendOfDragoon
>1 commit

https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/commits?author=AmbientMalice
>1 commit

So where are all these contributions that were supposedly going to happen after the MSVC build was fixed?

Seems only cxd4 has made significant contributions and was making them long before then.
>>
>>146293396
It's cute how you try to make yourself sound threatening by calling out his real name.
>>
>>146293507
>So where are all these contributions that were supposedly going to happen after the MSVC build was fixed?
I think fixing RARE games in LLE was significant. You seemed reluctant to even backport the HLE audio fix for Body Harvest anyway.

What kind of PRs would you even be interested in anyway?
>>
>>146294050
The LLE fix wasn't done in a PR, so it doesn't show up in Github contributors. So a bystander could not know that.

>What kind of PRs would you even be interested in anyway?

Anything really.
>>
File: bleemcast.jpg (24KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
bleemcast.jpg
24KB, 345x336px
>>146106943
>implying there haven't ever been worse things
At least it's still free for now
>>
>>146294493
Does that say dreamcast? Was that just never finished or something?
>>
File: bleem2.jpg (786KB, 816x806px) Image search: [Google]
bleem2.jpg
786KB, 816x806px
>>146294694
Here's a bigger image.

>he doesn't know what bleemcast is
You need to be over 18 to post here.
>>
Is there any GBA emulator that supports .cg shaders that ISN'T RetroArch? The UI in that thing is atrocious and it doesn't support cheats which I need.
>>
>>146295107
So, it lets the dreamcast emulate PS1 games? that's neat I guess, what's wrong with you? people born in 1998 can now post here, only 2 more years until 100% millennials can legally go anywhere on the internet.
>>
>>146294329
>Anything really.

Nice, let me add a hack that fixes Pilotwings 64
>>
>>146294493

I'm very curious to see how Nintendo will react if it turns out Zelda U can be emulated day 1. I can't imagine that they won't try to take it down somehow.
>>
File: bdc2.jpg (236KB, 981x1018px) Image search: [Google]
bdc2.jpg
236KB, 981x1018px
>>146295329
No, it was made specifically for MGS. It can't emulate others.

They made a few of them, until Sony sued. Bleem won, but the legal costs alone made them bankrupt. It's the court case that made emulators "legal".
>>
>>146294050

it is appreciated. it did not prevent anybody here on though to continue slagging off m64p libretro and just go 'lol just use pj64'. and i think youd be lying if you said you had no involvement in those anonposts.

be honest - 1 paltry commit is nothing compared to all the stuff that gets pushed to PJ64
>>
What emulators do this mooch guy who keeps getting so much attention actually develop or contribute to?

At least the rustation dev who always spams picross screenshots has contributed a lot to ps1 emulation.
>>
>>146291903
You can easily make any CRT shader "do the whites right" with the image adjustment shader. Not to mention all the major CRT shaders are highly adjustable.
>>
>>146295227
Please respond. I just want to use the shader that fixes the oversaturated color palette. Alternatively if someone has that in VBA-M's rpi format that would work too.
Or something that works with mGBA could work as well.

Pls help.
>>
>>146295535
I don't see why not
>>
>>146295227
Does Bizhawk?
>>
>>146295227
RA supports cheats
>>
>>146295674
>it is appreciated. it did not prevent anybody here on though to continue slagging off m64p libretro
fair enough

>i think youd be lying if you said you had no involvement in those anonposts
To me, the problem is that M64p is a terrible base. You know it's bad when cxd4 would rather port the original Mupen64 to 64 bit rather than fix up M64p. The amount of time and effort required to fix the core issues is just not worth it, when you can simply use a different emulator as a base. The reason why I recommend PJ64 to people using Windows OS is simply that it has the best compatibility. PJ64 has its own fair share of issues, such as not being able to play certain obscure games that work on other emulators..

>>146295674
>be honest - 1 paltry commit is nothing compared to all the stuff that gets pushed to PJ64
True, but part of the problem is that it's easier to port code from other emulators to PJ64. Luigiblood can't get 64-dd on M64p and I believe he gave up on it.

I'm interested in building bridges. I think it's time all start collaborating more :) . I'd like to see Glide64 get improved in both accuracy and performance.
>>
>>146297897
Last I checked it (granted, months ago) it didn't.

>>146297706
No idea what that is but I just realized mGBA has saturation and gamma settings so that's good enough for me.
>>
>>146296019
PCEm and Emotionless (a very promising PS2 emu project)
>>
>>146298063
RA has had cheats since it was called SSNES probably.
>>
>>146298031

alright, lets see where this goes then. where do you guys camp out on iRC?
>>
>>146299048
freenode #project64
>>
>>146298031
To be honest, I didn't give up. I said things in the past but I ended up not giving up still.
But I'm all for getting 64DD support to mupen64plus. My latest work is on mupen64plus-libretro where I fixed 64DD code for the most part.

I'm still all for collaboration and I'd be happy for that to happen.
>>
>>146304026
I actually forgot to set my name but whatever.
I fixed 64DD code but it doesn't work properly anyway. If you manage to fix that I'd be totally happy :D
>>
>>146304197
Tbh senpai, it wouldn't surprise me if the original Mupen64 had a better shot at getting these games to work.
>>
>>146296265
>You can easily make any CRT shader "do the whites right" with the image adjustment shader.

You can't. CRT Royale is the only one that does it right. See:

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/CRT-Royale#Bloom
>>
>>146307435
I tried to look at mupen64's codebase and... boy it's a bit too messy for me. Never say never but damn it is messy to work with.
>>
File: 9205-1-.png (328KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
9205-1-.png
328KB, 720x540px
Who said you can't scale crt royale? he's wrong!
>>
File: 5-1-.png (238KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
5-1-.png
238KB, 576x432px
>>
File: 19989919164.png (594KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
19989919164.png
594KB, 800x553px
Checked the FAQ and this wasn't in there.

What is a good Windows multi-emulator frontend with cover art for roms? Like OpenEmu for OSX.
>>
>>146311483
EmulationStation is alright. It's in the wiki under "Frontends".
There are other, fancier frontends but EmuStation is easy to set up.
>>
>>146311867
Thanks
>>
Denuvo games are never ever going to be preserved
The same fate awaits all future console games as well
Preservation is a futile attempt
>>
>>146313182
Games from this generation are nigh on impossible to preserve anyway these days due to their reliance on online features. Once the servers shut down it can be extremely difficult to emulate the full features of those games. Some online only games become nothing.
>>
File: SSB64_Congratulations_Ness.jpg (100KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
SSB64_Congratulations_Ness.jpg
100KB, 300x220px
>>146282751
I tried and I couldnt get it to work. The buttons did map to the C buttons, but they still wouldnt work in game. turns out others are having the same problem

https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/issues/299
>>
Can I just take a moment and say how awesome you guys are?

Seriously, I just had a problem, looked on the official forums for a solution, came here instead, BAM, solution almost instantly.

That's happened something like ten times now, as I'm sitting here trying to figure this shit out.

I just want to say you guys are awesome.
>>
File: avatar_stealth.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2MB, 960x540px
I don't know how they get away with making some ports completely different. They don't even advertise them.
>>
>>146321323
>avatar came out when the PS2 was still relevant

God I feel old.
>>
File: kon101.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kon101.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
https://lioncash.github.io/2016/06/21/dolphin-50-personal-plans

>Dolphin goes C++17
>>
>>146321691
>retarded
>implying the PS2 didn't have any new games these last three years
>>
>>146321830
Neat.
Vulkan fucking where?
>>
>>146321830
That's nice for them, means nothing to anyone else.
>>
>>146321830
>Cpisspiss

ew
>>
>>146321830
>https://lioncash.github.io/2016/06/21/dolphin-50-personal-plans

Mostly just refactoring bullshit and nothing of any significance.

Also, requiring C++17 I'd consider as a regression simply because you are going to force people to update to a compiler new enough that it supports another language standard completely again. This is stupid. Be content with C++11/C++14, don't change spec as if it's your underwear every year.

Expect to be hard forked when this happens. I'm not kidding, and this is a real ultimatum. You won't like it if/when it happens, the ball is in your court so far.
>>
>>146322798

Why is updating your compiler a bad thing?
>>
>>146322039
>relevant
>>
>>146322798
Debian testing is on gcc 5.3, I think I'm fine with them moving. -std=c++17 works fine.
>>
>>146321830
Expect byuu to rewrite higan again too
>>
>>146323901

Higan isn't relevant though
>>
>>146324068
kek
>>
Anyone else remember when Lioncash broke PJ64 :) ?

https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/436
>>
>>146322798
It's not OpenGL or some interpreted language though, users won't have to update or upgrade to anything when you develop with a newer C++ version.
>>
File: 1399927980586.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1399927980586.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>146281259
>destroying gameboys and putting shitty meme hardware inside.
>>
File: 1453585815917.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453585815917.gif
470KB, 200x200px
>>146321323
>A stealth game I've never played or heard before.
>>
hey SP, you broke RA on 3ds (and likely other consoles)

pls fix
>>
>>146281259
Literally cancer
>>
>>146327546

he should've updated his compiler
>>
>>146328424

A compiler updates my compiler.
>>
Jesus, it really died somehow?
>>
>>146329801
*SHE
>>
I got a question about NES memory mirroring. If a same value or the same sprite can be in two or more different memory locations, how can I avoid a conflict where two or more different values want the same location?
>>
>>146277259
>>146281260
Will Banjo Tooie finally be fully playable without any freezing issues?
>>
>>146329906
What?
>>
Anyone know whats up with this command line?
>E:\emulation\RetroArch\retroarch -L cores\libretro-fceumm.dll "E:\emulation\nes\Mega Man.nes"
Trying to setup emulation setup but I just can't get the hang of Retroarch's file loading system. Read a bunch of forum posts and the wiki and I'm getting no insight.
>>
>>146337818
>setup emulation setup
meant setup emulationstation*
>>
>>146337818
Don't know shit about RA's command line arguments but if you're trying to troubleshoot, use the most unambiguous filepaths possible. Use retroarch.exe instead of just retroarch, and give the full path for nestopia.dll instead of the relative path for fceumm.dll

Otherwise I have no help, sorry.
>>
>>146271381
>you have no clue what youre talking about. perspective correction is still completely broken in any non-libretro glide64, including your broken slapdashed PJ64 port.
PJ64 Glide64 is slapdash and broken. What else is new? It was a hasty port job that needs to be replaced by GLideN64 as soon as possible.
>Gliden64 is easily 2 times slower than Glide64 still
It's really not that simple. Glide64 chokes on framebuffer emulation. GLideN64 is much, much faster for any game that requires CPU manipulation of the framebuffer. Perfect Dark, for example.
>and honestly now that Gonetz is directly borrowing code from Glide64 (like software depht buffer rendering), there isn't a whole lot to show for it now.
I'm not sure you understand why he re-used Glide64's software depth buffer, which he wrote, BTW. GLideN64 originally used HW depth buffer emulation, which is rather intensive but gets good results in theory. But copying from VRAM to RAM is expensive. He implemented partial buffer copies to speed up FB/DB copies, but the problem with partial copies is they rely on emulator-side lookup support. PJ64 lacks support. mupen64plus is broken. 1964 is broken but can be fixed rather easily.

Software depth buffer rendering is much simpler because you no longer need to copy the FB from VRAM to RAM. You just do it on the CPU, and we've got plenty of CPU power to do that.
>>
>>146295535
>Nice, let me add a hack that fixes Pilotwings 64
Fuck hacks. GLideN64 fixes Pilotwings by being more accurate. Glide64 needs to be left in the trash where it belongs.
>>
File: 1459381479293.jpg (13KB, 461x458px) Image search: [Google]
1459381479293.jpg
13KB, 461x458px
>>146339726
Am I supposed to, as a retarded enduser, be able to consistently tell these two fucking names apart?
>>
>>146337818
>libretro-fceumm.dll

pretty sure it's libretro_fceumm.dll
>>
File: POOP.png (432KB, 402x603px) Image search: [Google]
POOP.png
432KB, 402x603px
>>146340078
I blame the fact Gonetz is Russian.
>>
Any good GB/GBC/GBA emulators for android? The ones on the wiki seem to be only for Windows phones.
>>
>>146340712
One day the Google botnet neural network is going to become self aware and enslave humanity.
>>
>>146338584
>>146340669
You're both right. Thanks for the help. Missing my .exe and it is an underscore not dash. But it's still not working so I've switched over to Launchbox which doesn't require me to type command line arguments in a config file on initial setup. Sticking with that instead.
>>
>>146339726

gliden64 has nothing to do with 'accuracy'.

It's a HLE hackfest like everything else.
>>
I have a question about the tvout-tweaks shader.
Can't all resolution be unified in one?
Like for example the interlacing.cg shader produces interlacing, but only if the resolution is above 400px.

So... can't the tvout shader be like
if (resolution >= 256) {// set output resolution to 256};
else if (resolution >= 320) {// set output resolution to 320};
else if (resolution >= 512 {// set output resolution to 512};
else if (resolution >= 640) {// set output resolution to 640};
>>
>>146337818
The rom file is supposed to go before the arguments.

Adding .exe really shouldn't matter unless you have a retroarch.com or some weird shit.
>>
Apparently Dolphins forums went down and people were losing their shit over it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4pca5h/banned_from_the_dolphin_forums_for_no_reason/
>>
>>146341150
>gliden64 has nothing to do with 'accuracy'.
It's just more accurate than every other plugin except Angrylion's.
>>
>>146341332
Tried that.
>E:\emulation\RetroArch\retroarch.exe "E:\emulation\nes\Contra (USA).nes" -L E:\emulation\RetroArch\cores\libretro_fceumm.dll
Nothing happens
>E:\emulation\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -L E:\emulation\RetroArch\cores\libretro_fceumm.dll
When I drop the filename the RA loads with the core.
>>
>>146341829
actually scrap that. no core.
>>
>>146341829
Maybe you have a bad rom or you need the NstDatabase.xml
>>
>>146341150
Where were you when GLideN64 introduced a new combiner system to replace the old per-blend-mode hack one?
>>
>>146341829
Have you tried
>E:\emulation\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -L "E:\emulation\nes\Contra (USA).nes" E:\emulation\RetroArch\cores\libretro_fceumm.dll
>>
>>146342272
nada
>>
>>146342149

have fun digging through all of the per-game bugs and regressions while RDP LLE changes the game forever these upcoming few days.

gliden64 will be obsolete and yesteryear's news then :)
>>
>>146342372
Pretty sure that was just a joke. If you still care, try running a different system, it's probably an issue with NES headers.
>>
New thread?
>>
is the ps4 neo like the sega 32x?
>>
>>146342385
>RDP LLE changes the game forever these upcoming few days.
In order to appeal to the mainstream, an emulator needs to be capable of rendering at higher than native resolutions. Once you do that, you're suddenly faced with a lot of technical issues.
>gliden64 will be obsolete and yesteryear's news then :)
We shall see.
>>
>>146343295
>>
>>146339567
>It was a hasty port job that needs to be replaced by GLideN64 as soon as possible.
Not happening.

>1964 is broken
I doubt that. The emulator notifies the plugin and the rest is up to the plugin.
Thread posts: 773
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.