[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 751
Thread images: 150

File: 1465958840514.png (12KB, 648x454px) Image search: [Google]
1465958840514.png
12KB, 648x454px
Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: https://junethack.net/
/rlg/ clan: Just kidding, there isn't one.

DCSS Trunk Updates:
http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-12-june-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
http://roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread: >>145461128
>>
awoo lad
>>
>tfw no CENTAUR CAVALRY bf
>>
And before anon bitches, if you want to put the HoM beta in the OP, don't upload a tar.gz containing precompiled source for an unknown system with random ttyrecs and scores list already present to tinyupload.
Jesus christ.
>>
File: advice.jpg (302KB, 1846x1028px) Image search: [Google]
advice.jpg
302KB, 1846x1028px
There's a really solid ring here that I could most definitely use, but the iron golems worry me.
I could finesse+hero+regen (I've got the spell down to 30% and I'm wearing a regen amulet), maybe even use lignification and see how things go, but I'm worried I'll just straight up splat.

Is there anything I could do here that I'm just not thinking of? These stairs are the only ones leading to this place (Except for a single yet-to-be-discovered stairs on the floor below this one).

And if you're wondering why I'm playing such a wobbly character: I'm playing human wanderers and rolling with whatever I get to try and get better at the game. I'm regularly making it through half of Lair with wonky-ass characters, so it seems to be working out for me.
>>
>>145600220
you can just compile it for your own system
>>
>>145600392
No no.
The file has source (*.c), compiled source files for unix (*.o), as well as a bunch of random files.
Like he literally uploaded his own */mist directory instead of a clean copy.
>>
File: arrr.png (124KB, 1920x1043px) Image search: [Google]
arrr.png
124KB, 1920x1043px
This fucks with your mind. There's infinite islands and each island is infinite too. wut

>>145594943
Yeah I downloaded it as a meme game and was honestly suprised by how fun it is. Lots of different lands, behaviours, mechanics etc.
>>
>>145600328
Don't try to fight unless you have to. They can probably kill you. You could swiftness in and try to teleport out, but it'd be risky.
>>
>>145600220
>has entire source code
>complains that there's also a built version for some system in there

It's a beta, anon. It's not going to be pre-built for every system yet, so you can use the source code to build your version if you are interested.
>>
>>145600824
I'll probably need my only TP scroll to save my ass some other time. The +stealth and invis would have been neat, but I'll try to come back for it after Lair.
Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>145600328
Just shout until they are all following you, then loop around get the loot and get out. Iron golems are slow.
>>
File: yiss.png (130KB, 1920x1043px) Image search: [Google]
yiss.png
130KB, 1920x1043px
>>145600560
Woop, got my 10 pirate treasures. On to the next land.
>>
File: Interesting.png (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Interesting.png
202KB, 1920x1080px
>that moment when you're swarmed by tough zombies who just killed your hope of survival
into the basement I go.
>>
>chose Blackbelt as my start in Cata
>initially turned off by the 8 point req
>chose Karate as my art
>escape a burning building and begin ORA ORA ORA ORAing enemies to death without being touched once
>check the skill bonuses for this profession
>Dodging (8), Melee (8), Unarmed (8)
22+ points of skill and a free martial art for 8 points is enrapturing. I don't think I'll ever bother using a gun again.
>>
>>145601274
The fact that Black Belt doesn't start with any items, weapons, or even very good clothing and that its point cost is on-par with tacticool bionic snipers and such says something.
>>
File: Black anchovies.png (52KB, 1354x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Black anchovies.png
52KB, 1354x1023px
>quick strike
>precise strike
Cudgel fucking OP please nerf.
>>
>>145601037
You were right, I hadn't even noticed their movement speed on the knowledge bot.
Ring get. Thanks!
>>
>>145601709
I've never used the cudgel in earlygame because in terms of damage output it just seems so inferior to the nail board or the meme spear. Do the techniques actually make it useful?
>>
>>145601795
FYI, you can also inspect monsters in newer versions of DCSS to see if they're faster or slower than your character.
>>
>>145601887
If you want to kite a lot or have good perception to get the crits.
Otherwise it's meme spear or copper knife.
>>
File: t.gif (12KB, 335x200px) Image search: [Google]
t.gif
12KB, 335x200px
the only roguelike i have beaten is crawl
what is the next roguelike i should beat
i dabble too often in too many, while i should be focusing
>>
>>145601887
Well I have 0 melee skill and 10 encumbrance and I still kept stunning him and raining blows on him like no tomorrow.
The quarterstaff is better though.
>>
>>145601993
Nethack. Now there's a game.
>>
>>145602015
Stable or experimental?
Stable has ultra-ez crits where you can expect to get 70% chance by early midgame.
>>
>>145601982
perception gives you crits?
>>
>>145600959
Fix it and re-upload it, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>145601993
PCB
>>
>>145602168
In experimental yes

In stable crits are pretty much free and fists are a top tier weapon
>>
File: Official rlg armor.png (15KB, 583x153px) Image search: [Google]
Official rlg armor.png
15KB, 583x153px
MEME
A
I
L
>>
File: toc toc.png (55KB, 1359x1038px) Image search: [Google]
toc toc.png
55KB, 1359x1038px
>>145602139
Experimental of course.
Look at this shit. I got five hits on him before he could do anything because he was stunned and that's not counting the cart-kiting.

How do you even stun a fucking amorphous goo invading a cadaver is beyond me
>>
>>145602273
>>145602027
but seriously though
they have so much content to learn
and so many instant deaths
nethack moreso, i like the idea but can't barely get past the first 10 levels
>>
Okay so say you've got 11 staves skill, but you suddenly found a triple sword (unenchanted, unbranded).
Would that be a big enough find to say fuck it and start training longswords?

I'm assuming not, but my quarterstaff is having a hard time with lair monsters, and triple swords are an end-game tier weapon right?
>>
>>145602724
Nethack's far less convoluted than PCB. Just make a valk and dip for excalibur and you've gotten a ticket to the midgame.
>>
>>145602740
a lot depends on whether you are planning to do extended or not...if you're going to zig up to 27 in every skill anyways, for example...

but in a 3 rune game my guess is that it's only very rarely worth it, if ever, after so much investment
>>
>>145602740
yes
>>
>>145602740
Not unless you are worshipping Ash.
>>
>>145602370
>How do you even stun a fucking amorphous goo invading a cadaver
You grab a cudgel and move into its direction
>>
>>145602740
Keep the staff and pray for a lajatang, 3swords require max investment to be effective
>>
>>145602898
nethack has way more shit you have to know than PCB

in PCB it's just
>does this monster cast scary spells or breathe for lots of damage or summon summoners?
in nethack you have shit like cockatrices, wands of death, eels instakilling you
>>
>>145602930
>>145602995
>>145603085
Well at least I'm with Oka, so here's hoping he'll dump a laj on me at some point.
Even with 2 wins under my belt, this is the first time I've ever even found a triple sword. It looks so sexy god damn.
I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>145603090
Those things are simple though. Don't touch cockatrices, wands of death kill and you can get drowned. PCB's sheer bulk is astounding.
>>
I really need to stop putting Insomnia on my DDA characters. It's definitely a lot more annoying than it used to be, and not being able to reliably fall asleep in the early game is a bitch.
>>
>>145603309
i mean pcb has MORE enemies, but a lot of them are mostly very similar

it also has an easymode ID minigame compared to nethack
>>
>>145603201
With Oka I think you're pretty much guaranteed to get a Lajatang eventually.
>>
>>145603309
>PCB's sheer bulk is astounding.
PCB doesn't have instadeath,for one.

Actually, until you get to the midgame PCB is quite forgiving.
>>
>clone the CDDA repo
Holy shit it's actually bigger than DCSS, what the fuck?
>>
>>145603309
well in any case, which would be the best variant? i used to play nethack4, is that considered the typical upgraded choice? or should i vanilla mode
>>
>4 (four) acquirements before Depths
>armour every time
>+2 cloak
>+1 hat with MR+
>shiny buckler
>-Cast randart boots

I'm a fucking retard
>>
>>145602740
It depends on your staff brand, staff enchantment, god choice, your species, and any available support spells that you may have online.

Typically, if you are trying to play optimally, you want to select a strong weapon type at the beginning of the game and use the best thing within that category you can find. There are exceptions to this of course, as with any character in Crawl, but it's usually not worth it to dump experience in multiple weapon categories when that experience could be placed into pumping your defenses or support spells instead.

Staves don't really qualify as a strong weapon category to select from the start in DCSS, largely because lajatangs are very rare drops. You can make a staff character work with some minimal knowledge of the game, but if you have to ask the question you'd probably be better off selecting a different weapon skill on future playthroughs.

tl;dr: I wouldn't switch, but it might be a good idea for you to do so.
>>
>>145603678
Those all sound good except the boots though. And if you're a troglodyte, then the boots are fine too.
>>
>>145603613
haha yeah
it takes HOURS.
>>
>>145603678
That's what you get for ignoring the gudposter advice to acquire wands
>>
>>145603821
>get +2 cloak
>I already had a +2 cloak

>get +1 hat
>I have a randart helmet

>get shiny buckler
>I have loads of them

>get boots (the only slot I was missing)
>randart
>"finally something good"
>-Cast
>I'm a stabber
>>
>complaining
think of all those MuMos starving in spain that would give their pinkie finger for a +1 hat
>>
>>145603991
Then you definitely are an idiot for acquiring armour when you apparently already have a bunch of it.
>>
>>145603448
>>145603563
I mean I guess? I think nethack is simpler though. Even at the endgame things are pretty easy to understand.

>>145603624
I just like vanilla nethack: though it has its share of issues it's a solid experience. I've heard good things about nethack4 though.
>>
>tfw you find a vending machine

Guess I'll be on a liquid diet for the next month.
>>
>>145603325
Just like IRL
>>
>>145603613
Dildzillion of commits

If you don't care about the history, you can try cloning only the most recent revision.
>>
>>145604868
I just meant the sheer size of the repo itself.
DCSS takes a long time to clone too since it has a huge number of commits, but CDDA's source is like 0.7gb or seomthing.
>>
>>145604745
Well yeah, but IRL you aren't depending on a full night's sleep so that your zombie bites and bullet wounds can disappear.
>>
File: solar.png (45KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
solar.png
45KB, 800x593px
Bought a amulet with summon monsters at the black market, which is good for scumming up good mounts.

Finally I can fly to zul and lonely mountain.
>>
>>145605218
700 mb is just the .git directory.
Sources are 11 mb, data is 18 mb, gfx is 45 and language data is 45.

You can clone just the last revision with some git fuckery and then it should be less than 200 mb total.
>>
I been playing DCSS nonstop for a week now and I can't tell if im doing something wrong or I just have strenuously bad luck. Some situations I know I could've used 'x' potion or teleport out of the place. Although it gives me unavoidable situations, like my recent playthrough.

My Draconian barbarian managed to luck out and get a full set of armor plus enchantments early game. Yet, I run into a pair of orcs with one of them apparently workshipped a God(which I didn't even know it was impossible for a mob to do) and use Smite to kill me in 2 hits.
>>
>Your demonic ancestry asserts itself...
>Your feet have mutated into hooves!
>Your +2 pair of boots of running falls away!
>>
>>145605946
>Although it gives me unavoidable situations
No, you're just learning.
>>
>>145605946
Orc Priests (the green ones) always worship a god and can always SMITE for up to 17 damage.

The important thing in DCSS is recognizing when you see a dangerous enemy and running away from them BEFORE the fight goes sour.
>>
>>145605946
>unavoidable
I'll agree with you that this happens, if only when you still haven't gotten a good grasp of the game yet. You probably encountered an orc priest, they can target you as long as you are in their range of vision without needing to ever get close to you. You should wait them around a corner out of their sight to avoid damage, and once they appear in front of you you start hitting them.

There are some themed enemies who worship gods, like those orc priests (Beogh) or profane servitors (Yredelemnul) for example.
>>
>>145606206
Yeah, but Orc Priests didn't cast Smite before and I even used a haste potion to escape, but I guess they can kill me off screen once I see them chanting.
>>
>>145605946

Priests? They smite from LOS. Get out of LOS.

You're likely doing tons of things wrong which, as you play more, you'll learn to stop doing. The first lesson you learn is that not fighting something is perfectly OK, and more often than not running away or leading single enemies back into controlled spaces is always a good idea.

I've ascended a number of times and I still make the mistake of fighting when I shouldn't. Usually out of boredom at this point.
>>
>>145605946
>>145606346
Also, remember that you can press 'x' to examine elements on the screen. Hovering over a monster tells you what they are and what they are wielding, and pressing 'v' over them shows a screen describing pretty much everything you would want to know about that particular monster (spells, abilities, movement speed, if they fly, if they can see you while you are invisible, etc.).
>>
>>145606487
Orc Priests can always cast smite, but they might use one of their other 3 spells instead.

And in DCSS nothing can kill you from off screen. Unless it poisoned you or something while it was still in view.
>>
>>145606346
>or profane servitors (Yredelemnul)
BRING BACK DEATH KNIGHT BACKGROUND!
>>
>>145606030
>>145606346
>>145606578
>>145606583

Yeah that's what I love about the game so far is how the difficulty and unexpected scenarios raise so fast, that it punishes for feeling too confident. Most gameplays, I don't realize my mistake until it reviews my item list.
>>
>>145606650

BRING BACK MOUNTAIN DWARF
>>
>>145607294
BRING BACK LAVA ORC, BRING BACK CRUSADERS, BRING BACK HEALER ALONGSIDE WITH ELVYION PIETY/EXPERIENCE FROM PACIFYING ENEMIES!

but dont bring back distill potion and evaporate because that shit was legit op
level 2 meph clouds god damn that stuff was broken
>>
>>145606650
>>145607294
RIP Sludge Elves
>>
>>145607474

Wouldn't have been OP if it had just procced 1-tile clouds, like fire breath, making it only useful in corridors.
>>
>>145607537
My favorite transmuter race, lost forever because "too many elf races lol".

I also miss flavored items, as in dwarfish/elfish items. Sure, they didn't do shit unless you were a dorf or elf, but the little bonuses they gave if you were those races were pretty cool.
>>
>>145604149
>Mu ever starving
Next you're going to tell me our blood is blue inside of our bodies.
>>
>>145607696
If you worshiped Beogh and wore full orcish stuff you'd get like +8 AC.
>>
>>145607696
> they didn't do shit unless you were a dorf or elf
dwarf items were more resistant to corrosion and elf items had lower spellcasting penalties
>>
>>145607996
Really now? I don't remember that at all. Makes me what else I've forgotten about that was in Crawl back then.
>>
>>145608102
>Makes me
Makes me wonder.
>>
>>145608102
dwarven things were also more heavy and elven things more light.
Elven stuff also gave a slight boost to stealth, which stacked with the number of elven items worn.
>>
File: 1463389884533.png (767KB, 592x806px) Image search: [Google]
1463389884533.png
767KB, 592x806px
>trunk DDA
>every other basement is now a mini-gunstore with a guarantee to have one if not two weapon mods
>weapon mods take 0 skill to attach now
>can't ever keep the same gun though since finding mags and ammo are a dice roll
>either have to keep removing mods from guns to attach to new guns you have ammo/mags for or choose a magless gun and get slammed with one shell at a time reloads
>cars now require no skill to drive and won't serve around everywhere
>always get hit with "the wagglan gizmo refuses to work!" upon starting a vehicle
>either that or the vehicle lacks a wheel/all wheels like usual
>or it's an 80% gas/diesel 80% battery ~23% clean water ideal rig and no screwdriver is around to jumpstart it once you realize it has no keys
>even if you do jumpstart it 99% of the time it sets an alarm off
>hordes still broken and spawn huge shitloads of monsters no matter what the spawn rate is set to
food captcha STILL refuses to differenitate between a fucking burger and a sandwich
I'm not sure how to feel about any of this
>>
File: 145716417721.gif (2MB, 708x955px) Image search: [Google]
145716417721.gif
2MB, 708x955px
>>145608376
Burgers are technically sandwiches.
>>
>>145608102
>Dwarven armour provides better protection when worn by any species, though its added weight impedes spellcasting more than usual. Dwarves are protected even further, and they do not receive the additional spellcasting penalty.

>In addition, all dwarven equipment is more resistant to corrosion than normal, providing an innate 80% chance to resist corrosion on top of any enchantment bonuses.

>Elven armour is lighter than usual, so it impedes spellcasting less than other types of armour when worn by any species. Elven cloaks and boots also grant a small bonus to stealth.
And that's omitting the obvious boons if you're a dwarf/elf.
also orcish gave positive boni if you were an orc but only if you were one.
>>
>>145607252

That's basically all the challenge in DCSS, getting overconfident and accidentally killing yourself. 9/10 times I die due to boredom/not paying attention due to being overconfident.
>>
>>145608659
I mean, boredom/inattention/lack of care is almost always how characters die in roguelikes, with the exception of "oh wow that's the first time I died in that particular way"
>>
>>145608376
>told to pick chocolates
>there's a spider
>pick the spider
>it works
sasuga, captcha
>>
Remember when you could throw daggers and clubs
remember when D was 27 levels deep
remember where there was no runelock
but I also remember assgutter and item destruction
>>
>>145608930
Remember encumbrance? That fucked over Spriggans.
>>
>>145608930
Remember when wielding a cursed mace would lead to you starving to death?
Remember when hammers were a thing?
>>
>>145608973
>carrying 99 large rocks as a spriggan now has so much sense.
They could have just added a BoH item or something.
That would have saved item destruction from just being "lol you get it in zot because dracs have cloaks"
>>
>DsMo
>Hooves 3, claws 3, horns 2
>Spiny 2
>Powered by death 1
>A tablord's dream
>Lose focus
>Splat
erry tiem
>>
>>145608930
Remember victory dancing and needing to carve chunks with a boot knife that could also be cursed?

Remember METALBAWXES: THE BRANCH?

Oldcrawl wasn't even close to the pinnacle of design that nostalgiatards make it out to be.
>>
Remember every single fish enemy ever
remember thorn lotuses
no wait those were awful
>>
Is there a list somewhere for monster's evolution line in PCB? I'd like to know the jelly's in particular.
>>
>>145609229
I can't even remember how the old exp/skill training system exactly worked, but I do remember lots and lots of pillardancing in order to raise the right skills. It was awful.

But hoarding food as a mummy and saccing everything to nemelex for decks of wonder, and spamming those for SOMUCHEXP was cool though. I clearly remember the yugioh mummy phase /rlg/ went through. It was cool.
>>
Remember that all versions have their ups and downs and that's okay
but they really really became too straightforward past .15
crawl <.15 is a differnt game from crawl >.15
>>
>>145609206
>monstruous Ds
to the trash it goes!
>>
>>145609531
Not even monstrous as i'm playing .17, i just happened to get all three
>>
>>145608731

Yeah but with DCSS it's much more grindy. Maybe I have just been playing for too long but it feels like other roguelikes kill you for having bad strategy rather than overconfidence.
>>
>>145609441
but most versions definitely, definitely have downs
>>
File: booze.png (181KB, 553x529px) Image search: [Google]
booze.png
181KB, 553x529px
>>145608376
>>
>>145609697
eh, I think if you bang out enough Nethack or Poschengband you'll find it's pretty similar, once you're past the still-learning stage

but yes DCSS is the only game that makes you want to stab yourself in the eyes without autoexplore/tab so there's definitely something there. In other roguelikes I find that correct exploration pattern matters a lot more and is more interesting.
>>
>>145609531

I love monstrous Ds with UC. Crazy damage output.
>>
Just won another ruk caster
>>
>>145608493
who is this semen demon
>>
File: downs.jpg (68KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
downs.jpg
68KB, 884x800px
>>145609441
>>145609709
>>
>buy an amulet that activates for identify to free up some slots
>eating it and casting the spell crashes the game like half the time
Okay.

>>145609404
Probably not besides looking it up in the source files. You'd want race_jelly.c
>>
>>145609697

Having ascended every species of CK and a bunch of others (i.e. I have played too hours of this dumb game) the thing that gets me killed nowadays is just wanting the next mob of enemies dead right now so I can move on to the fleeting dopamine hit of collecting the next rune.

Boredom is the mind killer in DCSS more than any other RL simply because most RLs aren't boring in the same way. I got bored of Nethack not because the game doesn't give you enough interesting situations to escape from, but because I was tired of the same old ascension kit collection end game.
>>
>>145609697
I know what you mean.
By the time I'm halfway through Lair I tend to lose interest in the character.
You've made it through the dangerous early game, things are more stable, you can see where your character is headed and how you can branch out from there. The dangerous portion of the game is over, now the tedium begins.
Orc.
Yay let's stairdance until we've killed all the smiters and summoners and taborcs.
Fucking, shoals and swamp. Obnoxious water-filled branches. It's just so fucking annoying. Not even hard, just plain annoying.
Spider/snake. Fucking. Spiders. Stop fucking jumping you cunts. Stand still and let me kill you. It's not hard, it's just tedious. Snake isn't hard either, it's just tedious.
Everything post-early game isn't hard but just incredibly god damn tedious.
Vaults are just annoying and a bother. It's such a hassle to get through.
Abyss isn't even hard either, it's also just tedious and annoying. Let me just o and tab (or z+whatever) until I've managed to find a fucking staircase and eventually find the rune like 30 minutes later.

It's all just so tedious.

Extended I can't say much about though.
>>
File: d2442.jpg (103KB, 480x373px) Image search: [Google]
d2442.jpg
103KB, 480x373px
>>145610052
>You'd want race_jelly.c
I found it now, thanks man.
>>
>>145609982
https://vimeo.com/113761700
>>
>>145609982
meme girl
>>
>>145609853
>if you bang out enough Nethack or Poschengband

>the anon I'm talking to is making a point about game being too pointlessly long and grindy
>I know! I'll bust out a couple of examples of even more long and grindy games, surely that means it's okay!

anon pls

you can do better
>>
>>145610364
picking a *band and a *hack as lenses to look at another roguelike is not so strange
>>
>>145610232

Hell is more engaging just because the effects plus tough enemies makes for some harrowing situations if you're not cheesing it with TSO.

Pan is Abyss minus wacky walls, plus unique bosses.

Tomb is a breeze with Necromut and tedious without.

Zig is actually some of the most fun I have in DCSS because it's fast, unpredictable, and there's more room to try out different strats. Unfortunately you have to play through the whole game to get there. Sometimes I just play Zigsprint but it's not the same.
>>
>>145608376
>>always get hit with "the wagglan gizmo refuses to work!" upon starting a vehicle
>>either that or the vehicle lacks a wheel/all wheels like usual
>>or it's an 80% gas/diesel 80% battery ~23% clean water ideal rig and no screwdriver is around to jumpstart it once you realize it has no keys
>>even if you do jumpstart it 99% of the time it sets an alarm off
That's actually intended because only a retard would leave a working vehicle during a zombie apocalypse instead of using it to get the fuck out.
>>
>>145610738
>Necromut
First time I used that it made Hell and Tomb more of a walk in the park than Lair already is
>>
>>145610326
god damn
>>
Remember when playing a Nemelex worshipper was a rollercoaster of fun with infinite decks pouring out of your ass faster you could use them
Remember when Makhleb used mana and gave both mana and health so spellcasters could worship him
Remember when Vehumet wasn't Shithumet
Remember when you could play a dwarf that wasn't a retarded gimmic meme race
Remember when you could throw potions, learn spells to mutate yourself, infinitely relearn your spells and do other things that are too fun for the devs
>>
>>145611239
Playing extended with a DD gave me crippling anxiety.

>tfw getting tormented for a good chunk of your health that WON'T regenerate naturally
>tfw this would sometimes happen several times per floor
>tfw playing hybrid so I didn't want to see my precious MP go
>>
>>145611489
Always go Makhleb. Always. Preferably with lichform
>>
>>145611239
Didn't Vehumet used to gift books as well?
>>
>>145608376
>DDA

literally stopped reading right there

granade if you're reading this neck yourself

whales if you're reading this the same goes for you

coolthulu for president
>>
>>145612320

Why does everyone hate the devs? Is it because they want to like the game but it ends up being shit? That's how it went for me.
>>
>>145612441
>Why does everyone hate the devs?
Colossal overentitlement
>>
>>145610364
>Hi I'm 15 and have never won in any roguelike and have only ever played DCSS! Please disregard my opinion!
>>
>>145612251
Yeah he gave actual good books, his bonuses and piety gain supported summoning and he had more bonuses too.
>>
>>145612043
this though
my only win was a DD of makh, and picked up lich for the final runes
gg ez
>>
>>145612583

>you're entitled if you criticize my shitty game

Oh, you're one of THOSE people then.
>>
File: hydraslayer.jpg (212KB, 1846x1028px) Image search: [Google]
hydraslayer.jpg
212KB, 1846x1028px
Thanks Oka, but I don't think I should slay hydrae with this.
At least the -3 dex doesn't hamper my already skewered evasion because I'm wearing plate with only 16 STR.
>>
>>145613438
>what's that thing with hydras again
>something to do with fire
>do they breathe fire or something?
>yeah that sounds right
>let's get some rF on that sword and send it down
>>
>>145613438
>>145613658
kek
>>
File: Papa Xom's.jpg (29KB, 429x510px) Image search: [Google]
Papa Xom's.jpg
29KB, 429x510px
>>145613438

>hydraslayer
>freeze
>>
>>145612320
people are too mean to whales. He actually did make a decent game once.

Granade just took Cataclysm and amped up the bad design aspects.
>>
>>145612441
Perceived laziness and poor prioritization. Also forum drama, though there's been a lot less of that ever since KA101 killed himself.
>>
>>145614313
Is this a thing that happened?
>>
>playing a vampire
>merfolk avatar tries throwing its retarded souls at you
my sides
>>
>>145613438
And then he gave me a triple sword of holy wrath.
I think Oka wants me to do extended.
Here's to hoping I don't splat in shoals/snake. I always splat in these exact branches.
>>
>>145614313

Did he really kill himself? He was the SJW one right? I remember goin to the forums a few times to read the stories and someone claimed that using the word "bitch" scared off females and that's the reason more males used the forum. Fucking psycho.
>>
File: d2562.gif (2MB, 550x250px) Image search: [Google]
d2562.gif
2MB, 550x250px
>>145615224
Holy shit what a fucking faggot.
>>
Would it be awful if an outdoorsy roguelike had DDA-style vehicles but:

1. You could only drive in cardinal directions, with some sideways drift.
2. You were limited to predefined chassis shapes.
3. The vehicle's exterior walls wouldn't take up extra tiles, so e.g. a small car would be 2x4 tiles instead of 4x6.
>>
File: sling.png (2KB, 702x21px) Image search: [Google]
sling.png
2KB, 702x21px
>sling
fucking hell
>>
>>145616004
That's a really good sling though. Somewhere a halfling hunter is crying.
>>
>>145616004
>of infinite pain
I love these randart names.
>>
File: priests.png (381KB, 1510x810px) Image search: [Google]
priests.png
381KB, 1510x810px
Why are there so many fucking priests

I actually had to use Apocalypse on a bunch of priests who appeared together, and I'm talking 6 or more which snowballed to about 10. They were smiting me to fine dust and healing each other
>>
File: r2oWkMj.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
r2oWkMj.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>Cataclysm DDA experimental
>trying to re-fit a piece of clothing
>you damage your utility vest!
>you repair your utility vest!
>your tool does not have enough charges to do that.

Is level 4 tailoring just not enough to re-fit clothing anymore? Also earlier in the day my character literally fucked up making a cup of tea, and somehow also wasted two cans of soda trying to make spezi. I think he suffers from infomercial levels of incompetence.
>>
>>145616216
>Why are there so many fucking priests
Because Orc:2
>>
>>145615558

Why only cardinal directions? So that the cars don't look weird when turning? That's what I don't like about the cars, can even tell what's going on. Maybe they could fix it by having cars be made up of # only on the outside but if you hover over them or something you can see the interior.
>>
>>145616216
Because you're not fighting them one at a time.
>>
>>145616216
>giant club with speed
You lucker dog piece of shit.
>>
so i might get back into DDA but i've only played 0.C, no experimental builds

should i go for a current build? how much greater are they than 0.C
>>
File: it's just too complicated.png (25KB, 489x161px) Image search: [Google]
it's just too complicated.png
25KB, 489x161px
>>145616252
>Is level 4 tailoring just not enough to re-fit clothing anymore?
It depends on more than just skill now. Your sewing tool quality, whether you know the recipe (if there even is one) and it's level for whatever you're trying to repair, how damaged the item is, probably dex or something.
>>
>>145616441
Do I look like a formicid to you

The whole level's hollowed out, there's no space to break LoS
>>
>>145616252
It tells you the percentage chance that you'll succeed or damage your clothes. If it's showing you a 0% success chance, you probably shouldn't do it.
>>
File: drfej.png (22KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
drfej.png
22KB, 800x459px
First time playing CDDA.

Was there an /rlg/ blacklist of some sort going around? The pasta was last updated a year ago and I figured some stupid item blacklists would have to be changed.
>>
>>145616916

Stairs, bruh.
>>
>>145617045
>those item exclusions
Fucking why.
>>
>>145608376
Good riddance. The swerving was just annoying.
Driving skill now affects vehicle turning speed. If you stick to the roads and open fields and slow down to turn, you won't ever need it, but getting the skill up really helps with maneuvering in tight spaces. Just like in real world.

I use legacy captcha because it lets me tab to the captcha field and post without having to reach for the mouse.
>>
>>145617137
Because they sound stupid.
>>
>>145617146

I haven't played DDA but how do cars work? Is it still turn-based or does it shift into real time?
>>
>>145617045
>"I hate fun" starter pack
>>
>>145616212
The only pain it's going to cause is that it's so useless for me
>>
File: d2041.png (211KB, 286x272px) Image search: [Google]
d2041.png
211KB, 286x272px
>>145617235
>>
>>145616391
Mostly because it looks weird, especially with tile graphics. Partly because it makes it much less difficult to predict what spaces your vehicle will occupy when you turn.

The thin exterior is so small vehicles can be genuinely small, and narrow vehicle pathways like alleys and two-lane streets can still be cramped.
>>
>having to flee shamefully from a level because your mount dropped and mana bolted you down to 20 hp
Just ring things.

Thankfully I got the quest completed first since there's no way I could kill that solar.
>>
File: 1450032222922.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450032222922.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>145617045
>generic guns
>>
>>145617659
>napkin on head
wat
>>
>>145617045
This is a player of refined tastes who understands that less can be more.
>>
>female characters can't be a groom
I wonder if they would change this if I reported it.
>>
Crawl question:
How big of a deal would wearing an item with stealth-- be?
I've got stealth skill at 9, but % states that I've got 0 pips of stealth. Would wearing this item make things worse? It's a cloak that would give me much needed evasion (+4), rElec, and and rC+
>>
>>145616910
>>145616998

I was using good quality tools (tailor's kit) but he just kept fucking up, although I totally missed the percentage rate display somehow.

Yeah, level 4 tailoring isn't anywhere near enough to re-fit most items now. Arses.
>>
>>145618201
No, there's no such thing as negative stealth.
>>
>>145618273
That's excellent, thank you.
>>
>>145618201
Stealth is of low importance compared to other stats if you're not stabbing.
>>
File: [current year intensifies].png (113KB, 763x652px) Image search: [Google]
[current year intensifies].png
113KB, 763x652px
>>145618181
DDA? I'm sure they would.
>>
stop talking about CDDA
>>
>>145617297
Yeah, it's turn based. You move a set amount of tiles every turn, depending on your speed, to the direction the car is facing. The car can face directions other than cardinal, and is skewed to approximate rotation on the tile grid. It looks visually ugly, but works pretty well all things considered.
>>
>>145618535
How hard is it not to crash into things? Are you forced to drive slowly if you don't want to be crashing into stuff all the time? I'm having a difficult time imagining how driving and steering would work in regards to speed.
>>
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/17185
>clothes taken off zombies will be considered dirty, text colored brown in inventory
>any character wearing these clothes will take morale penalties, squeamish trait users cannot wear them at all
>can craft a washboard to wash dirty clothes with, made out of a two-by-four using a cutting tool
>needs to be supplied with soap to use, and requires 10 liters of clean water per wash
Neat.
>>
File: htorr.png (17KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
htorr.png
17KB, 800x459px
>>145617368
>>145617659
I'm going to have fun getting reamed with or without the damned bloat and you can't stop me.
>>
File: d2667.jpg (100KB, 988x437px) Image search: [Google]
d2667.jpg
100KB, 988x437px
>>145618839
>takes martial arts
>complains about bloat
Stop.
>>
>>145618772
Cars are OP in Cataclysm, so you don't have to go slow so much as you have to resist the temptation to go really fast.
>>
File: advice.jpg (152KB, 1604x464px) Image search: [Google]
advice.jpg
152KB, 1604x464px
I've reached a point where I have to decide on which weapon skill to train, and I'm too inexperienced to know with which I should go.
Okawaru has gifted me a +8 Triple Sword of Holy Wrath. But Orc:2 has a Triple Crossbow that I could purchase with the last of my gold, and I have a scroll of brand weapon on me.
Long Blades is at 14, Crossbows skill is at 10.

As I've never bothered with ranged combat, nor with long blades in the past (Hydras scare me and so I've always gone for M&F/polearms) I'm rather clueless as to how to proceed with building my character.

I've cleared out Lair and Orc so far, and my next available branches are Shoals and Snake.
Snake should be my next objective, right? I've got rPois but only a single potion of flight, and Shoals scares me to begin with as I've splatted there often in the past.
Are my skills fine as well? I'm not sure if I've made a grave mistake by leveling both a ranged and melee weapon school. It seems to be working out great so far because my crossbow and scimitar deal immense amounts of damage, but I'm iffy about my defences.

I'll take absolutely any advice I can get.
>>
>>145619167
You guys are the ones complaining. I'm just playing.
>>
>>145618786
>10 liters and soap
That is really comfy, but also super fucking annoying. I didn't expect to play virtual laundry simulator, but I'll probably love it because I'm dumb.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/491510

Has anyone tried this? It's gotten me interested. Too new to find any torrents though and I'm not paying 10 bucks for a steam Roguelike.
>>
>>145618772
Not the same anon, but going moderately fast was rather difficult for me. But you eventually get the hang of it, you learn how many tiles forward you are going to be on your next action by looking at your current speed, if steering too close to other objects is going to make you crash immediately or not, and stuff like that.
>>
>>145618786
So are they only filthy if they're taken off zombies? Or do your own clothes become filthy too if you wear them for a really long time?
>>
>>145619909
You're doing "immense amounts of damage" because of the +6 slaying ring. A +5 scimitar of freezing by itself is not bad though.

You should not have trained stealth.

Training long blades is fine. I would not have trained both long blades and crossbows to that level that early. You don't have a greatsword?
>>
>>145619909
I mean you could use both the triple sword and the crossbow if you want.

You don't need flight for Snake
>>
>>145619909

My humble advice:

Triple sword is great. Hydra can be dealt with in other ways like wands (or even avoiding them completely! You didn't even roll Swamp! Huzzah!), and the chance you'll find a sword of flaming lying around at some point isn't bad. You can ditch the shield. Sword will murder everything once you get your weapon speed up.

Your defenses aren't too bad at all. Invest more in dodging later on.

You've messed up more investing in stealth than investing in crossbows, but not really that much. Once you've hit high marks on defenses, hit mindelay, and pumped the shit out of Fighting you'll find yourself looking to put XP somewhere, and crossbows is fine. Just don't forget to nab basic spells like Blink/Repel Missile if possible and get them to a functional casting rate.
>>
>>145617659
that felid tho
>>
>Ilsuiw
>can't see invisible
>Norris
>can but I'm stealthy so I just avoid him
>Jorgrun
>can't see invisible
>Saint Roka
>can't see invisible
Guess being a frail enchanter isn't too bad. But I think I'm only going to manage 3 runes out of this.
>>
>>145620736
>>145620765
>>145620807
I was told that training stealth was never a bad thing in the past, because it helps reduce the sound you make in battle or something like that? Welp.
There's an enchanted greatsword lying around on D:10 that dropped from a wight, but I figured the scimitar+shield combo would be better. Goes to show how inexperienced I am.

Isn't flight important for Shoals? I know that there's ebbs and flows, but what if some merfolk siren/avatar entrances me and I'm forced to enter the water?

One last question: Triple sword and triple crossbow both have a mindelay that you reach at 24 and 26 skill respectively. That's a big investment. Wouldn't it do more harm than good to use either weapon before then? Granted, I've got hero and finesse to ease things. But which would generally be a better choice for now?
>>
>>145620112
no
>>
>>145621242
Stealth is not a bad thing but training stealth as a melee guy wearing plate armor is bad.

+5 scimitar of freezing is good up to this point in the game. It might be better than the great sword (of freezing most likely) because of higher enchantment. They're approximately equal.
>>
>>145621242

Never say never in DCSS. Also never say always. Stealth is nice, but it's not necessary.

You'll usually want to grab and use a higher base damage weapon in your preferred category if you can, unless your skill is so low that you're attacking very slowly with it. The buckler isn't as good as more damage, chuck it.

You can use the triple sword well before you hit mindelay. Even at "average" attack speed you'll splat shit pretty handily, although if you want you can use the greatsword to float you until you're attacking at "above average." And yes, Oka's powers will be handy there too. Gotta do something with all that piety!

The crossbow won't be as useful before you get your skill up. Not because of the speed, necessarily, but because the damage and accuracy will be kind of balls. But that ring of slaying will help a lot anyway.
>>
File: this is actually quite safe.png (27KB, 963x987px) Image search: [Google]
this is actually quite safe.png
27KB, 963x987px
>>145618772
It depends on where you're driving. Roads between towns are usually open, and you can go pretty damn fast on those. Roads inside towns can be clogged with wrecked vehicles and zombie hordes, and you'll need to drive more carefully. A lot of the map is covered in open fields, basically flat grass with some shrubs and rocks, and you can drive across that as long as watch where you're going. Forests are basically unnavigable for cars, and although you might be able to get a bike through, it'll be tricky. Swamps are right out.

Driving at night is also difficult, since the light cone for vehicle headlights is quite narrow. It's easy to turn and crash into something you didn't see because it was outside your field of vision. You can install more headlights, and angle them however you wish, but if you do crash into something they're also the first thing to break.

Basically, if you're trying to fit a four-tile car into a four-tile opening, you'll have to drive very slowly, but that's rarely necessary. Usually, you'll be using a car to cross the long, empty distances, and getting on foot when you find something interesting.
>>
>I have put more and more thought into it and decided that Cataclysm does not work well as a console game. It might make a good FPS but that’s beyond my means to work on as a solo dev.

>the best way to make Cataclysm is to make it the 99 millionth crafting-oriented survival game that's come out in the past two years
>>
>>145622185
A big reason to play on desert test is because you get to go sanic speed at all times in your death buggy.
>>
So is Cataclysm 2 just not playable on Windows? I went to github and downloaded "Cataclysm2_master" but I can't even find an exe to start up the game.
>>
File: d2205.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
d2205.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>145623032
>Cataclysm 2
So instead of fixing the shitheap that is DDA he just makes a new one?
>>
>>145623032
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you downloaded the source
>>
So how do I thread a needle in CDDA?
Also how do I select an item to cut up which is on the ground or carrying, but out of capacity?
>>
>>145623232
How fucking new are you?
>>
>>145623350
>>145623350
In the inventory, press whatever glyph the needle has assigned to it and hit R to reload it with thread. Use B to butcher/dissemble whatever is on the ground.

>>145623032
>Cataclysm 2
>>
Did anyone notice that the roguelite general died last month? Their last thread was almost 3 weeks ago and it didn't have any responses
>>
>>145623232
Whales doesn't make DDA, he made (and subsequently abandoned) Cataclysm 1. DDA is just Cataclysm 1 with an official unofficial "'"""""""devteam"""""""""" picking up where Whales left off.

>>145623350
>How do I thread a needle
"r"eload

>How do I cut up something on the ground
"B"utcher
>>
>>145623526
They don't have something like Crawl that would keep it alive.
>>
>>145623526
Algerian death curse can only be appeased by actual roguelikes.
>>
>>145623485
I don't follow/play DDA you faggot.
>>
>>145623665
Well, they didn't have a designated game that they all reverted to in times of famine, but some of the games discussed there were probably more popular than the whole roguelike genre put together
>>
>>145623516
Thanks.
>>
>>145623772
>Tries to be snarky about something he knows nothing about and ends up on his face
>Gets called out on it by anon
>"f-faggot!"

kek
>>
>>145623772
>getting aggressive because you're so incredibly new
>>
>>145622382
What?
>>
>>145623913
>>145623914
Right. It's my first day and I just got here from Reddit.
>>
>>145624058
It's from Whales' Tumblr.
>>
Also how do I unwield something without an assigned letter?
>>
>>145623825
I doubt that. They'd make their own general for any truly popular fauxglikes.
>>
>>145624249
scroll over to it with the arrow keys and press Enter
>>
>>145624249
Wield something else or drop it. When you're navigating your inventory menu, tap 4 to switch between your inventory and equipped inventory. After that you can just hit enter to look at all the stuff you can do with your wielded item.
>>
It turns out +46 speed is enough to acid ball smaug to death.

This guy has no resists so he's kind of squishy, though.
>>
>>145624270
Anon roguelikes are one of the most obscure genres, which as far as we know only a few thousand people at any given time play, whereas something like Binding of Isaac was ridiculously popular before being re-released and becoming one of the best sold titles in Steam

4chan does not represent the whole world. And besides, there'd been 2-3 generals for specific roguelites before their communities waned enough for /lite/ to be needed
>>
>>145624720
To drive my point further, this general is easliy in the top 3 most active communities for the whole genre and we usually reach about 80 unique IPs at most

Heck we're over 200 posts in and there's only 36 guys talking
>>
Has anyone ever planted blueberry/strawberry in cata? I finally found some seeds for them, so I can have a dank little berry farm with a weed patch. Does it make the usual farm mound things, or actual bushes?
>>
>>145624945
>Does it make the usual farm mound things, or actual bushes?
The former
>>
new to Catac here.

I got bit by a zombie several times, how can I see my wounds?
>>
>>145624720
Yes but when their game-specific general wanes they're no longer more popular than the entire roguelike genre, and they don't fit into a combined general because they have very little in common. It's like lumping XCOM in with Call of Duty because they're both about soldiers with guns.
>>
>>145625107
@, under the effects category, for active bite wounds. Otherwise, you'll see your health bars decrease in the upper right hand corner of the HUD.
>>
File: jypww.png (9KB, 802x459px) Image search: [Google]
jypww.png
9KB, 802x459px
I found a moose.
>>
>>145624591
>Smaug the Golden shouts, "How heroic! That was very harmonious."
>>
>>145625197
great thx.

It seems the guy is just chilly.
>>
>>145625204
Try to stay away from those. They aren't as bad as they used to be (they used to always aggro on sight, now they'll only attack if you get close or if they're wounded) but they're still dangerous as hell.
>>
>>145625159
Roguelites are generally much alike, actually. There's some outliers but that's not any different than people arguing if something like Cata should be considered a roguelike

And again, more people play shit like Isaac and FTL than all roguelikes combined. It's just that almost none of them come to 4chan, whereas roguelikes are so dead the fucking 4chan general is one of the quickest places to discuss roguelikes
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 639x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 639x349px
Well shit.
>>
>>145625630
Why were you quaff-IDing on PCB
>>
>>145625630
>there's a tiger named Hobbes

that's cute
>>
>>145625726
It was in a pinch man.
>>
>>145625812
It's just that the whole situation could have been avoided if you had some tele and recall scrolls
>>
>Caveman start in DDA trunk doesn't actually give you Illiterate and you can somehow still start with Penjat Silat and craft a cudgel to blow the fuck out of literally everything you come across
Cavemen along with 14th centurt Scots can interact with modern technology without a hassle too. Who knew?
>>
>>145625919
I was scrounging the floor for early game money and I was just about to recall, just got done with warg quest.
>>
File: dumped.png (59KB, 803x594px) Image search: [Google]
dumped.png
59KB, 803x594px
At least we did lonely mountain before he tried to kill me.

I hope he can't follow teleport level. He has the spell, so I assume he can't.
>>
>>145625204
>peperony and chease
>>
>>145626072
I don't think anything can follow teleport level.

Do tell if I'm wrong though!
>>
>>145625513
>Roguelites are generally much alike, actually.
There are more differences between BoI and FTL than between any two of the popular /rlg/ roguelikes.

Roguelites don't form a coherent genre. There are lite platformers (catakids), zelda-likes (BoI), real time tactics (FTL), real time approximation of a roguelike (necrodancer).
It's more of a label than a genre.
>>
>>145625513
They're really not. FTL doesn't play anything like Binding of Isaac, which is likewise unlike Spelunky.

A thread about a specific type of game might work, such as only platformers. But a thread about every pretend roguelike doesn't have a common thread of interest.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 637x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 637x345px
>from thieves quest
I love being lucky because this will come in handy for you-know-who.
>>
>>145625513
Cata is more of an optional permadeath crafting-oriented zombie survival game like the million other optional permadeath crafting-oriented zombie survival games except it has ASCII for the tileset.
>>
File: rlg.png (71KB, 661x716px) Image search: [Google]
rlg.png
71KB, 661x716px
>>145626870
>>
>>145626870
Cataclysm is like 90% roguelike. It's like a roguelike, but without the hard part where you're expected to accomplish things and win.

It's basically a casual roguelike, except all the mechanics are really fucking unpleasantly uncasual.

So Cataclysm is definitely roguelike and also bad.
>>
File: woqww.png (19KB, 802x459px) Image search: [Google]
woqww.png
19KB, 802x459px
Wow your character is kind of incompetent, huh?
>>
>>145626870
where does the optional permadeath come in
>>
File: oh.png (33KB, 1454x805px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
33KB, 1454x805px
>Exploring the southern town, nearly at the heart with that sweet gunshop
>House hopping, clearing any stragglers
>Typical enter house -> close curtains movements
>A zombie must have heard me, go to investigate the broken glass
>Wearing a backpack so I swap to my pistol, put down 2 zombies and see a third by the window
>Put down another 6 or7 zombies
>Jesus christ, I only saw 1 zombie when I scouted the front
>Look out the window
>See this
You can underestimate just how fucking loud guns are. That pain is from not wearing ear deafeners, and I have a suppressor on the gun too. Time to hoof it.
>>
File: OhLook.gif (2MB, 419x253px) Image search: [Google]
OhLook.gif
2MB, 419x253px
is sourceforge safe to download from or what

it would be too fitting to get malware from trying to play IVAN, what a dick of a game
>>
>>145627958
Getting pain and message spam because you don't have earplugs is a wonderful, even funderful design decision.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 637x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 637x346px
>wormtongue dropped this and colannon
He really is a good source of artifacts early on. I remember getting merry's awesome cloak a while ago.
>>
>>145628171
It got up to pain 10 before I managed to get to a safe area to medicate. Quite the debuff for not actually getting hit.
>>
>>145627947
by default the world is saved when you die so you can go collect all your shit on the next character
>>
>>145628580
That really isn't all that different from bone levels.
>>
>>145628471

Suffering pain does make sense for shooting guns with naked eardrums, but it doesn't mesh well with the way pain works mechanically in DDA. It really should just cause temporary deafness unless they can make pain from unprotected ears cap out at like 5 or 6.
>>
>that feel when you spend 10000 years grinding for the computer skill needed to hack into doctor's offices only to later learn a welder & goggles can deconstruct any metal door
Once I learned this I rolled nothing but mechanics skill and ran straight for gunshops in my 1x1 tile super lootmobile
>>
>>145629070
I'm pretty sure you can just jackhammer through the walls too.
>>
>>145629151
too much noise, but yes you can
>>
>>145629151
Yeah, this is what I used to do
>>
If I get hit by something I cannot fight, and it slows me enough that I can't escape from it, is there much that can be done in CDDA?
I've mostly been leading Zs through brush in the forest when I have to fight them.

I got to the first night on the second try, then a Hollow beat down the door to my shelter and killed me.
>>
>>145630087
Make a lot of fires and try not to have it spread under you.
Use adrenaline or meth
>>
>>145630087
>take something flammable
>drop it in it's space
>light on fire
>>
>>145630228
>>145630229
Once I light a fire under them, just keep kiting them until they die? Or fight them while they are burning?
>>
Goddamn, I love that if you do too much damage to something it'll explode and autopulp.

>>145630087
You have to use terrain to your advantage, as well as drugs, traps and other assorted means of escape. You can use " to start sprinting to try to run away as well.

>>145630228
>>145630229
These sorts of thing work really well. Fire is super cheesy, but will absolutely save you from anything that isn't a hulk.

>>145630302
Keep them on the fire by attacking them from an adjacent tile.
>>
>>145630302
Well if you keep kiting them, they will run out of the fire.
>>
File: goresplosion.png (27KB, 1453x805px) Image search: [Google]
goresplosion.png
27KB, 1453x805px
>>145630349
>>
>>145630302
Only kite if you're faster
>>
File: pebble.png (72KB, 801x588px) Image search: [Google]
pebble.png
72KB, 801x588px
The pebble of order.

And since I've learned nothing, I'm on another solar. They're so good, though.
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 642x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 642x350px
>>145625743
He's dead now.
>>
Isnt there a way to change what type of cat your felid looks like in dcss? Ive forgotten how.. or maybe Im imagining that
>>
>>145631868
Yeah, there's an option to edit the appearance of your character. I never use it but it's in there. Look around at the key listings.
>>
>>145631868
There's this obscure command that lets you modify the appearance of the player tile. Also works on non-cats.
>>
>>145631958
>>145631976
if offline you can just press _
in webtiles you can set tile_player_tile = <NAME OF THE TILE YOU WANT>, but you'd need to figure out the name yourself
>>
>>145631868
>>145631976
>obscure
At least in my keyboard, it's just "-"
It's fun to customize the character even if it's just a tile for ants
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 633x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 633x345px
I actually had the icky queen spawn on the same level as him and nearly kick my ass.
>>
Hey guys, I just killed Meng Huo.
Gonna kill Azog now, then Pendragon, Ubbo Sathla, Smaug, Utgard-Loke, then the Chameleon King, then Thorondor. Hope you guys are as excited as I am!
>>
>>145634426
Hey guys, I just entered the dungeon. I'm going to grab a rune. After that, I am going to grab a rune. I will then grab a rune. Hopefully, I will ascend with the orb at that point!
>>
>>145634527
Hey guys, I just got to minetown.
I'm going to pick up some items here.
After that I'm going to scum puddings for 50k turns.
Don't worry, I'll post updated every 5 000 puddings.
>>
>>145634623
You can't do that any more.
>>
>>145634623
Hey guys, I just entered a ziggurat. I have tornado and shatter, and I'm literally only going to buff, cast 2 level 9's, and channel all my MP back. I have no need for loot, but I'm going to zig for 10 hours and post ever 5 or so floors. I'll include a money shot of full LoS immolation!
>>
>>145632286
It's obscure as in it's a command you don't use very often, not as in you need to figure out how to input an umlaut or something like that
>>
>>145634665
Ah yes, now that Nethack has enacted its forced-update DRM policy and is only available from the HackPlay Store (R), I suppose I cannot do that any more.
>>
>>145634946
>not playing the best and most recent version of your favorite roguelikes

Gee anon, do you even belong here?
>>
File: d2450.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
d2450.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>145634426
I'm just trying to keep you updated man.
>>
File: 1460153809840.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1460153809840.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>145635032
>best=most recent

I suppose you couldn't get the new iBrain before it sold out of stocks and your mental firmware is failing since you're 5 months out of date.
>>
File: 1445374494373.jpg (93KB, 663x343px) Image search: [Google]
1445374494373.jpg
93KB, 663x343px
>>145599919
>You pound the Ancient Wyrm
>>
>have small bottle with one (1) unit of water in it
>have 6 water purification tablets
>description of tablets says one tablet purifies one unit of water
>try to use tablets on bottle
>"You don't have enough charges in your purifier to purify all of the water"

???
>>
>>145635220
Name one reason why an older version of nethack is better than the new version. And no, "you can't do <x> exploit" isn't a reason.
>>
File: poschengband.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
poschengband.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>145630783
>Pebble of Order
Those randart missiles are funny enough to make my neckbeard tremble.
>>
>>145636015
There is no excuse for the change to levitation on the plane of water. However, I do not think or care whether 3.6.0 of nethack is better than the previous versions, since variants are so far ahead of the main stream in every way which matters. (except you can scum in them and use powerful Elbereth)

My comments regarding playing old versions apply to many different roguelikes.
>>
>>145617045
>just starting out
>fast zombies
Bad idea.
The other mods are good.
>>
>>145618531
Fuck you
I'm gonna enjoy what you don't like and there isn't a single thing you can do about it to stop me
>>
>>145634761
Hey guys, I just tore up a handful of arcade machines for their power converters, and I'm going to make about ten UPS mods. I don't have anything to attach them to right now, but I'm going to hoard a big pile of them in case I need them later. Afterwards, I'm going to go grab some winter clothes from a nearby mall, and then loot a couple more mansions for books. I hope to find the recipes for the jackhammer or at least a pickaxe.
>>
File: SpGl.png (575KB, 1582x1058px) Image search: [Google]
SpGl.png
575KB, 1582x1058px
This spriggan of Gozag was pretty painful at the start due to not finding a good weapon. Melee spriggan really sucks when not using polearms, can't kill anything. Can only kite forever.

Switched from staves to Wyrmbane. It's a decent weapon especially with the defensive bonuses. Nice to win a game with it.
>>
>>145618786
That sounds like a good tradeoff. I took squeamish because it was a new trait and so far it's been nothing but two free points since everyone with half a brain simply cuts up zombie clothing for rags and they don't give back filthy rags but clean rags.
Don't know if that will change but I look forward to using resources to clean a single very powerful zombie item like a mbr vest or something I get as a soldier drop.
>>
>>145637961
Wyrmbane is objectively one of the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>145623526
There's a new one right now actually
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 639x352px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 639x352px
good thread
>>
>>145638298
You killed a boss! Good job!
>>
>>145638298
Make sure to use this one in the next OP >>145599919
>>
File: d2665.gif (546KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
d2665.gif
546KB, 256x192px
>>145638358
>>145638412
>>
>>145630229
> he still firescums
Haha what a nerd
You're supposed to add the extended_firestarter to every lighter item so you can't weasel out of shit like that
I bet you also use cotton balls to get all your health back
>>
>>145638412
Sorry! I only put the wins of people on /rlg/'s discord channel in the OP!
>>
>>145638637
>/rlg/'s discord
>>
>NPC companions need food and water now, so you have to feed them or let them pick up food and drinks off the ground to consume

Neat.

Does anybody know the specific triggers that make companions trust you more? Like, is it just time spent with them or fighting alongside them, or do you get bonuses to your relationship if you heal their wounds, give them good weapons and armor as gifts, etc?
>>
>>145638838
Simplest way to get followers' trust is to give them items they don't have. It's 90 trust per item and you'll be able to give them orders in no time.
>>
>>145639090
So like random junk works or just food and water?
Because NPCs don't accept two by fours anymore and don't carry more volume than their storage permits which is pretty awesome
>>
>>145639398
Pretty much anything they can use. Stench killers, canned food, wooden planks, a melee weapon if they don't have one. Don't give them the same item twice, or two similar items, like two foods.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 640x349px
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!
>>
>>145640124
>those slays

You'd be hard pressed to find a better weapon at 26.
Are you playing a warrior again?
>>
>>145640124
Though is this actually better than Ringil?
>>
File: tfw not enough inventory space.png (12KB, 448x181px) Image search: [Google]
tfw not enough inventory space.png
12KB, 448x181px
</3
>>
>>145640262
>Are you playing a warrior again?
Luckily, yeah. This seems like something I'd find on my monk.
>>
>>145640267
Never look a gift sword in the chops. Unless you already have Ringil.
>>
>>145640267
PCB Ringil is not that amazing.
The damage bonus and dice are higher, but Falis is a top tier weapon since it has 3/4 of the best slays. And they are Kills to boot.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 638x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 638x349px
>>145640392
>>145640397
Yeah the *slays* make Falis a lot better honestly.
>>
>>145640479
you can ride ringle tho
>>
File: honky_tonk.png (9KB, 567x326px) Image search: [Google]
honky_tonk.png
9KB, 567x326px
>>145640679
Only in your dreams....
>>
do weapons that weigh more than 30lbs actually exist

or do they only spawn when you aren't playing mauler?
>>
>>145640787
Leave it in the scabbard.
>>
>go buy groceries
>see plant that looks like cattails
>instantly wonder if it's edible
>>
>>145641149
I think Grond weighs 100 lbs.
Good luck getting it though.
>>
>>145641149
There are like 5 base types which weigh that much.
http://nikheizen.github.io/pages/obj-desc.html
The rest are artifacts.
The quest after Vapor Quest in Morivant has a unique with a really decent chance to drop a very good mauler weapon- provided you are playing randarts.
Otherwise you are just kinda fucked until you can kill all the level 60+ dudes who have an x% chance to drop a heavy weapon for maulers.
>>
I spent most of the game with a lance of slay troll.

At least now that I'm level 48 I get a lance of *slay* undead instead.

I'll have to go hunting uniques.
>>
>>145641316
>not killing random cats and dogs and cooking their meat
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 641x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 641x347px
I wish this thing had sharpness so I could read the cool messages instead of just "you hit" over and over.
>>
Can you wizmode yourself a shitton of strength in Sil so you can wear Morgoth's crown without being overencumbered by it?
Does it give any good stuff?
>>
>>145641786
You become the next incarnation of Morgoth and get a game over
>>
>>145641786
Pride.
>>
>>145642023
But what if you're a dirty elf
>>
>>145641149
I still laugh when I reminisce about finding Crisdurian one game and fucking destroying everything.
>>
>>145642319
an anon in this thread found the MAUL OF VICE
he did like 5000 damage/round

and then he splatted to a summoning trap on a chest
>>
>>145642319
Crisdurian is literally guaranteed for some classes.
>>
>>145641753
Maybe you should play DCSS.
>>
>>145642475
>an anon
Excuse you that was the king of all spices
>>
File: crown.png (96KB, 1115x701px) Image search: [Google]
crown.png
96KB, 1115x701px
>>145641786
The game doesn't let you wear it.
>>
>>145643362
wow that's dumb.
What about grond
can you wield it
>>
>>145643362
How long did it take your character to dunk V with those stats?
>>
File: grond.png (80KB, 1119x702px) Image search: [Google]
grond.png
80KB, 1119x702px
>>145643428
Yep

>>145643440
2 or 3 turns using Calris
>>
>>145643510
well that's something at least.
>>
File: best weapon in the game.png (72KB, 1119x702px) Image search: [Google]
best weapon in the game.png
72KB, 1119x702px
Also, first time I find this and I'm testing something in wizard mode.
>>
>>145643673
God damn son.
>>
>>145643673
>+1 2d5
isn't ringil better
>>
>>145643756
Ringil doesn't have sharpness, and nothing in the game resists elec, so it's effectively 3d5.
>>
>>145643854
Okay so it's ringil without the parrying bonus and with 2d5 less, but with sharpness which means that it ignores AC
I guess that's a big deal in the endgame
>>
>>145643756
Ringil doesn't have sharpness.
It might be better depending on your song against cold-vulnerable enemies though.
>>
>>145643916
>2d5 less
Ringil in Sil is (+3. 2d5) [+3]
Or maybe it was 2d6?
Either way, Celeg Aithorn is absolutely better.
>>
>>145644009
>Ringil in Sil is (+3. 2d5) [+3]
are you 100% sure
I thought it was 5d5
>>
>>145644281
5d5 in angband

but in sil that would be ludicrously OP
>>
>>145644281
You're thinking of Angband. The biggest dice weapon in Sil is on Grond- which is pretty much unwieldable because -9 and 100 lbs.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 643x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 643x349px
OH GOD NO
NOT THE BEES
>>
File: Warning: might cause love.png (181KB, 478x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Warning: might cause love.png
181KB, 478x1014px
>>145645489
>warning
>>
>>145645538
THICC
>>
File: 1454734984850.jpg (72KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1454734984850.jpg
72KB, 372x334px
>download Brogue
>realize I am expected to search for traps every other step if I don't want to get fucked over
>shift-del
>>
>>145646097
Traps are fun though. They hit enemies too.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 637x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 637x349px
Heh, confusing lights op.
>>
>>145646137
Not when you step on one yourself.
Which happens with incredible frequency if you aren't step-searching.
>>
>>145646213
Uh, traps affect enemies regardless. Gas traps hit enemies, net traps hit enemies. It's not like stepping on a paralyze trap makes paralyzing gas that only affects the player.
>>
>>145646273
I was referring to the "fun" part.
>>
>>145646320
Oh. Sounds like a personal problem. Searching searches everything in your line of sight so you shouldn't need to search more than a few times per room even if you're being cautious.
>>
>>145646097
I mean, I hate to say it because no one ever really gets it, but you do get used to it. And it's only 2-3 times on entering a "room" worth of vision.
I do it automatically when playing now- it's just a reflex.

When you do it it also means you practically never 5-rest too.
>>
>>145646367
The odds are distance based though, are they not?
You have a good chance of missing shit if you're not close by.
>>
File: toolss.png (73KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
toolss.png
73KB, 1600x900px
Oh fuck nice. Also found a teleporter on a zombie scientist corpse. But I really just want to find some building to get nails so I can grind construction and make my forge.
>>
>>145646529
I dunno, probably. I don't even play brogue lol

No but seriously traps aren't a problem as long as you spend a turn or two to search
>>
>>145646156
well considering it doesn't usually drop anywhere but 555 I'd say that's a clear statement
>>
File: Help.png (77KB, 1052x805px) Image search: [Google]
Help.png
77KB, 1052x805px
Why
>>
Alright!
apparently two two-by-fours last five minutes.

That's... interesting.
>>
>>145649543
have you tried just recalling back to town
that resets the level in case of annoying breeders
>>
>>145649613
Oh good, I tried going up and down the stairs to reset but it didn't work
>>
>>145649731
You have to take a different set of stairs for it to reset.
>>
File: orange_blooded_man.png (11KB, 582x404px) Image search: [Google]
orange_blooded_man.png
11KB, 582x404px
The ride of your life; or death, for some.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 638x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 638x346px
I've waited long enough.
>>
>>145600560
What game is this friend
>>
>>145649878
you have a problem.
The problem is that you're not funny.
>>
>>145640124
Nice, I wielded that weapon for a long time at level 50, and it easily is good enough to win the game.
>>
>>145650009
I think his pics are hilarious
lighten up faggot
>>
How do you guys deal with Raicho packs in Demon?

The only time I had an easy time with them was when I managed to recruit an early Ukobach and teach Flame Dart to a bunch of allies - otherwise they tend to get lucky shocks that end me but you can't really run away from them (unless you have Swiftness yourself I guess)
>>
File: I see.png (48KB, 1356x1040px) Image search: [Google]
I see.png
48KB, 1356x1040px
Okay I tried wizmoding myself a log and it lasted just as much as the seven rags+ two two by fours did before turning into a burnt log (apparently logs still don't burn)
Then I cut up the log into skewers, and it lasted the same.

Did they fuck around the fire code? Because burning down a whole tree to cook some water is really silly.
>>
File: This is a problem.png (49KB, 1355x1038px) Image search: [Google]
This is a problem.png
49KB, 1355x1038px
Then I dropped fifty two by fours on the brazier and it lasted half an hour.
That was half a tree over there.

What the fuck have they done.
>>
>>145601138
What game is this friend
>>
>>145650594
HyperRogue
>>
>>145650386
They only take one or two hits, so I usually just position to prevent many from getting hits on one guy at a time, and hit them on the turns they move forward.
But I only have like 4 games of Demon to my name so.
>>
> Two by fours burn too quickly #17199 by mugling
>redirects me to
> Item burning code rewrite, exploding magazines #17035 by coolthulu
Well I guess he can fuck up too. But apparently it's an easy fix because apaprently now material burning is .jsonized. I'll have to guess how much it takes for a two by four to burn.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 640x346px
Holy SHIT nevermind the genji gloves.
>>
>>145650641
Thank you very much!
>>
File: d2286.jpg (67KB, 659x596px) Image search: [Google]
d2286.jpg
67KB, 659x596px
>>145650969
Anytime.
>>
Alright, so

>One liter of ethanol contain 21.1 MJ, a liter of methanol 15.8 MJ and a liter of gasoline approximately 32.6 MJ.

>A common hardwood, red oak, has an energy content (Heat value) of 14.9 megajoules per kilogram and 10.4 megajoules recoverable if burned at 70% efficiency

So let's say that 1 kilogram of burning wood gives 10 megajoules and gasoline gives 30 MJ. So the efficiency ratio is 1/3 of gasoline.
Apparently the materials.json says that hydrocarbons give 300/600/900 which I don't understand what that means, but I guess the values for wood should be 100/200/300. For a comparison the old values were 1/2/3. So that should mean that they now burn a 100 times more slowly.
I think. I don't know if those numbers represent turns or what.
>>
>>145651318
What is this autism?
How hard is it to chop down a tree in CDDA?
Just base it off that. Make a 2/4 burn for 20-25 minutes or something. Seems reasonably fair to me for a game where spring lasts 14 days.
>>
>>145650393
>>145650547
>>145650759
>>145651318
This is a huge problem for me as well. If you can figure out the .json, please share it. In the mean time, certain items can be burned without consuming them. I've been using a burnt broom for when I want to make food and water, but having light to read is a huge issue. I lucked out and have an atomic lamp, and I hope you have the same luck.
>>
File: test succeded.png (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
test succeded.png
111KB, 1920x1080px
It works!
Too bad that it became morning right while I was lighting the thing so I kinda wasted all night trying to light wood that gave lasted five times less than paper.

>>145651470
you just go tot he data/json/materials.json and ctrl-f hydro to get to the hydrocarbons part. You then copypaste the fuel data of the hydrocarbons and diminish it by 3.
I don't know what the "chance" value is but I kept it since it was there already.
>>
>>145651626
Thanks, m8.
>>
File: mpa-PCB Ouch!.png (304KB, 1453x793px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB Ouch!.png
304KB, 1453x793px
So I was at 555 training up my spells which of course takes several in-game days and a lot of shit spawns everywhere in the surroundings.
So I took a few steps and tried to use a staff of Genocide on Z when this happened.
Took me down to 0 health and I healed up.
Not the brightest idea in retrospect.
>>
>>145652035
haha oh jesus
>>
>>145651626
>>145651854
Actually, I don't have any burn data in the materials .json at all. Huh.
>>
>>145652474
it's a two weeks old change, so maybe you're playing with an older version or something.
>>
>>145647850
Not him but I've gotten it from gambling staffs a few times.
>>
File: 1448407835909.png (72KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1448407835909.png
72KB, 226x223px
>>145652035
>>
>>145608376
>every other basement is now a mini-gunstore with a guarantee to have one if not two weapon mods
About 1in4, and only every other house has a basement. And what's wrong with it? It's 'MMURIKA!
>weapon mods take 0 skill to attach now
I'm 100% certain that you need Marksmanship to attach scopes, sights and barrel extensions. Stuff like grips and suppressors CAN indeed be attached by any retard.
>can't ever keep the same gun though since finding mags and ammo are a dice roll
Which is good.
They do, only less and almost don't if you're driving slow.
>either that or the vehicle lacks a wheel/all wheels like usual
And you really wanted your fully-functional APC just out of shelter, ja?
>hordes still broken and spawn huge shitloads of monsters no matter what the spawn rate is set to
Gitgewd.
>>
>>145647850
I got it naturally on my last character. Not sure where it dropped exactly, certainly one of the higher dungeons, but I don't 555.
>>
File: Useful.png (48KB, 1359x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Useful.png
48KB, 1359x1037px
Horray for free bottles that I can use to store water!
>>
>>145652953
Free gallon jug. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>145649878

I think you're funny famalam, don't listen to him. Keep doing what you do S e n p a I.
>>
File: PCB.png (80KB, 1064x810px) Image search: [Google]
PCB.png
80KB, 1064x810px
So when it says something like [5. +4] next to an item, does that mean it can be enchanted to 9 or does it mean that the +4 is already on the item for a total of 9?
>>
>>145653189
The latter.
If you're new to the game you should read the help file with ?, it's quite good nowadays.
>>
>>145653189
How about you read the help before asking dumb questions?
>>
>>145649932
Not that guy but I think it's called Hyperrogue. It's based on a non-euclidean hyperbolic plane where if you get too far away you can fuck up and lose your way
>>
>Cooking rice makes 1 portion of rice from 1 portion of rice
>Cooking sushi rice makes 2 portions of rice from 1 portion of rice
Superior folded rice fills your bowl better than filthy gaijin rice.
>>
>>145653276
>>145653304
Yeah, sorry, it took me literally 10 seconds to find the answer in manual which is rather nicely done.
>>
>>145653304
rood
no bully
>>
>>145653189
You should definitely read both the help files and the poschengband pasta(s).
Both have a good bit of work put into them and can answer a lot of questions you might have.
>>
>pump action shotgun
>Yell
>>
File: WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS.png (53KB, 1353x1039px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS.png
53KB, 1353x1039px
GET AWAY FROM ME
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 637x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 637x349px
Huh, my character actually ended up evil this time around.
>>
>>145654127
>virtues on
You are so getting reported.
>>
File: d2471.png (19KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
d2471.png
19KB, 240x240px
>>145654239
I don't know, virtues just seem cool to me.
>>
>>145654127
>Killing Gandalf
You brute!
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 636x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 636x350px
>>145654330
For this of course.
>>
>>145654127
>he can hit to disenchant

Gandalf and Saruman are responsible for so many of my past woes.
>tfw Cambeleg gets disenchanted to (+8,+4)
>>
>>145654421
>Incanus
>as a warrior playing standarts
Uhhh who cares?
>>
File: mpa-PCB wall-building.png (566KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB wall-building.png
566KB, 1920x1041px
Hmm.
Hmmmmmm.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 642x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 642x350px
I forgot to mention my dazzling lights staff has simplicity which means I get to spam it as a warrior and fuck up any summons.
>>145654572
Well he's actually the one who attacked me first, the robe just looks cool I guess.
>>
>>145654617
Man, there are some really great wands now. Also, why are you still carrying around !detect invisible? Are you scumming 555 without even having sInv?
>>
File: d1654.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
d1654.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>145654617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKHasVckAyk
>>
>>145654775
>Are you scumming 555 without even having sInv?
Yes.
Are Caaws invisible?
>>
>>145654870
I think he's concerned about those cyber wyrm things that are invisible or something. But those rarely spawn so it's a nonissue anyway.
>>
File: incredible.png (46KB, 1452x806px) Image search: [Google]
incredible.png
46KB, 1452x806px
This probably isn't intended in the slightest, but it saves me so much ammo and trouble. All those swimmers are from 1 pool. It was kind of funny watching them come out, they were packed in there like a clown car.
>>
>>145608376
Coolthulhu made this change:
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/17050

Look at it, LOOK.
More or less a good PR. He might rebalance it again.

>>every other basement is now a mini-gunstore with a guarantee to have one if not two weapon mods
Again Coolthulhu: slight nerf 7h ago
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/17204
>rivet thumbs up (only thing she does)

>>145625204
>moose
why are Anons in here such CDDA noobs?
>>
>>145655176
Yeah, my only resist holes are confusion and nexus so it's not like I'll get one-shot with 700 HP.
>>
>>145655256
>Cataclysm-DDA/pull/17050
you can also see Kevin in the comments being a smart-ass.
>>
>Kill around 150~ zombies to get to that lone gunstore
>Ram a car through the wall so I can go inside
>My reward for literally a whole season of work is 40 00 shot, 20 bird shot and 100 pistol ammo
I was expecting a scope or something. Atleast the 00 shot is worth it, I guess. Its my only option for taking out big dudes at this point.
>>
>>145656178
>>Ram a car through the wall so I can go inside
not using an improvised lockpick on the door.
It takes only 2-3 tries, none if you have a higher skill. Yes its that easy.
>>
File: d2449.jpg (20KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
d2449.jpg
20KB, 480x455px
>>145656178
>>145656280
Not only that but you could've just crafted a homewrecker and busted down the walls.
>>
>>145655176
It's more my incredulity that you can be at the point where you're grinding endgame items while lacking something so basic.
>>
File: mpa-PCB Caaws.png (615KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB Caaws.png
615KB, 1920x1041px
Is this really what my life was meant to be?
This Half-Titan monk will soon be joining a level 50 demigod paladin and a level 50 Tonberry Ninja in the parked saves department to play and splat when I get drunk.
No regrets.
Also that golf-bag is really something.
>>
>>145656329
Yeah but the alarm... annoying.
>>
File: NUCLEAR.png (29KB, 1453x806px) Image search: [Google]
NUCLEAR.png
29KB, 1453x806px
>>145656280
Huh, I didn't think picks worked on metal doors.

>>145656329
I have a jackhammer laying around in my home, I just didn't care enough to carry it with me. I knew there'd be a car that I could ram through the wall.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 640x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 640x351px
>these fucking randart names
>>
>>145656178
You can pick the locks (including the one on the gunstore door) with an Improvised Lockpick and quite a low Mechanics skill. Like, 3, I think. Go in at night running, pick the lock, grab shit, get out. Never even have to kill a single zed.

Also the best source of midgame guns are FEMA camps - they will always have barracks on their southeast end, with a huge storage of good weapons (Leadworks stuff and SCARs), all fully loaded. Only gotta take care of like, a 20 zeds, 1 scientist zed and 6-8 soldier zeds. If you have a car that's not a problem at all.
>>
>>145654617
I hope you're a red wizard of trump
>>
>>145656478
Actually a really good hat for a hitdudes.
>>
File: Time for a change.jpg (404KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Time for a change.jpg
404KB, 1440x900px
>>145655256
>coolthulu makes a PR
>mugling merges it
THAT'S RIGHT
THE 1-2 PUNCH
Right in grenade's face.
>>
>>145656656
Eh I have hammerhand so it's kind of irrelevant.
>>
>>145656656
>-4 dex
>really good for hitdudes
>>
>>145656707
hammerhand is kinda shit at that level. Actually it's really shitty. You haven't got anything better at level 45?
>>
>>145656521
Fucking FEMA camps, when in endgame there is just shit load of hulks in there, like 5 or so.

I tried going katana+cbm once and almost did it (fucking spitters)

Only easy way is with an aid of a mounted turret.
In any case not an early game choice.

>>145656698
wombo comboooo !
>>
File: d140.jpg (139KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
d140.jpg
139KB, 666x666px
>>145656821
Nope, I'm trying to get the amber crown though.
>>
>>145656763
STR, CON, rConf, and Telepathy don't often come in the same package.
>>
>>145657003
he already has maxed str and con though.
>>
File: You will not kill me today.png (53KB, 1356x1039px) Image search: [Google]
You will not kill me today.png
53KB, 1356x1039px
Alright so
I tried waiting for five minutes in the basement since he can't follow me downstairs
but he ain't budging.

So I think the only answer here is to actually use the horde he's attracting with that stupid shotgun to my advantage by making sure he uses all his bullets on them.
>>
File: Oh jeez.png (64KB, 1356x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Oh jeez.png
64KB, 1356x1035px
He's out of ammo!

But this is ten times worse!

I think I'm gonna grab a couple two by fours on the go and make a couple firetraps in the basement and kite the zombies downstairs.
>>
>>145657084
You may as well say a +10 RoS is a bad item for anyone because a particular character had 40 base speed once.
That Die Hard is quite nice.
>>
>>145657523
Who cares whether or not it's a good item for characters who will never see it? What matters is if it's a good item for him right now, and two of its major benefits don't matter. A more appropriate analogy would be finding a +10 RoS on a character that itself already has 40 speed.
>>
File: Sleep now my child.png (56KB, 1362x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Sleep now my child.png
56KB, 1362x1039px
Oh grrrreat.
ammo explosion. Really didn't even think about that one.
Zombie cop waltzed into my fire trap and everything exploded once he died.
>>
>>145657276
>>145657429
>You didn't dip out the second the dude started shooting
On the bright side, if you do manage to kill all those zambies, the loot game will be ridiculous.
>>
>>145656835
>Only easy way is with an aid of a mounted turret.
Or just a decent long range rifle, like Savage11.
>>
>>145657731
Should've just got the f outta Dodge.
>>
>>145657738
>You didn't dip out the second the dude started shooting
Firetraps are really strong, I could have cleared that mess.
I dropped three pieces of splintered wood and I had a pink [Fire] field, which killed zombies in two turns.
If you smash the doors and make a fire field like this in the basement

##*#
**#*
*#
*#
where * are fires and #are empty spaces you can literally kill brutes without a problem by zigzagging.

Now that I know that cops do that I could still do the same thing but just run the fuck away from them and let them die in the fire while I get near a wall.
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 640x347px
>confusing lights works on bast
Hilarious.
>>
>>145657429
>against hordes
Hordes dont give you much room for wasting time on lame tactics like traps. That way you are just ofering yourself to them.
The only way to give your self time is to move. loot. move.
Craft few things that you need then just go
eat drink when you can otherwise ignore.

>find a bike
>find a RV (water and food crafting)
>drive over animals for meat
>find a turret
>gunstore
>library
>grocery
>repeat
>sleep in basements, read before sleep.

thats really it, some go different but this always works.

what he said: >>145657738
>>
>>145657620
But the thing is he *could* definitely use it.
I mean, he's using hammerhand. Which gives the same STR and CON. This suffers a damage loss for ~Tele. If he doesn't have that it's definitely worth consideration.
>>
>>145658054
For what purpose? Most of the loot is gonna burn away.
>>
>>145658482
The only good loot is tools/plastic/leather and that won't burn at all.
Besides, there's a whole world to raid with tons of zombies in it.
>>
>>145635276
>implying you wouldn't bang this sperm wyrm
>>
>>145658884
That's a naga, anon.
You and your pleb-tier monstergirls.
>>
>>145658884
>>145658935
yeah wyrm's are more dragon-snake-whythefuckamiwritingthis-like
>>
Depending on the lore, wyrms can be just gargantuan dragons with vestigial legs and wings that just slither around and cast magic or it can just be a really really big and old dragon.
>>
>>145658884
>wyrm
>clearly a naga
She quaffed some mut potions too. I don't want no xom toy tier naga.
>>
Like as you can see here this is batman fighting a wyrm joker
this is really really stupid
>>
File: laughingprimordialserpent.jpg (47KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
laughingprimordialserpent.jpg
47KB, 569x472px
>>145659414
Frampt is a good thing to picture when you think wyrm, imo. Or lindwurms in crawl.
>>
>>145659231
Dragons were several dozen cultures' "giant alien thing that's terrifying and isn't innately related to demons or devils" monster.

There are so many different concepts of dragons that all you can really say is "giant reptile-like beast."
>>
>>145658935
>>145659068
>>145659249
>not recognizing an eastern dragon
I genuinely didn't expect this; I thought we were all weeaboos here.
>>
>>145659231
>>145659414
Wyrm's are close to wyverns.
Dragon or worm head, snake figure but no wings like wyverns.
Wyrm's are mostly underground creatures. Close to fire and all.

there, the cringe is real.
>>
>>145659846
>Wyrm's are mostly underground creatures. Close to fire and all.
but adom has wyrms of all colours.
>>
>>145659665
Where is her mustache, you quadruple minotaur?
>>
File: feeling_welmish.png (4KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
feeling_welmish.png
4KB, 720x720px
Made the intro screen today, hadn't implemented it yet though.

Which player classes are a must to have?
>>
>>145659973
She was dishonorable, so it was shaved off.
>>145659997
easy-start hard-finish dude (usually a warrior/melee/hitdude type) and hard-start easy-finish dude (usually a magic/sorcerer/wizard type).

Ranged, stealth, and hybrid classes are luxuries.
>>
Just lost my 2 years run in CDDA.
>cleaning out the vault
>finally get to the armory using a jackhammer
>FEMA camp tier stuff only
>son_I_am_dissapoint.jpg
>at least some C4, better than nothing
>decide to use it against the next batch of Ws
>set timer to 20
>run like holy fuck
>sudden explosion reminds me that I FORGOT TO THROW IT
>survive long enough to shoot up some oxycodone and try and patch myself, but fail to do so
YASD indeed.
>>
>>145659905
well we can assume that locations have effects on wyrm's look and evolution. desert, forest, rock/underground.

wyrm's are mostly the evil predators of the land and bellow it.

>>145659665
strictly a wyvern
wyrm's have thick armor like skin
>>
>>145660239
what do they bellow?
>>
>>145659997
>Which player classes are a must to have?
Negromancer
Memlord
Cuck
>>
>>145660273
anime stuff
>>
>>145660124
>Asking us if we'd bang a mutated, dishonorable naga
Anon, please.
>>
>>145659997
Naga, Wizard, Elf, Knight, Will'o'Wisp, Hoplite
>>
>>145659997
>Which player classes are a must to have?

Warrior, Wizard, Priest, Thief and Rapist.
>>
>>145660224
That reminds me of why I stopped playing IA
>>
>>145659997
Pastamancer.
>>
>>145659997
Rogue
Or its not a roguelike
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 640x349px
Thanks Glaurung.
>>
>>145659997
warrior, thief, ranger.

Magic is overrated and a lot of work.
>>
>>145660356
hmm and the difference between the knight and hoplite is what? sandals.

Must have classes are:
>JEW
>NIGGER
>HOLY FIGURE
>DWARF
>CHICKEN (spell casters)
>THIEF
>MEMER
>>
>>145660556
Hoplites can attack and move at the same time with a spear that he can throw. Knights have sword/board, lance and martial arts and can swap between them instantly.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 638x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 638x351px
>>
>>145660556
Knight is heavily armoured and has healing prayers and chants which buff him and any allies.

Hoplite is a light armoured warrior with movement based abilities and stunning shield bashes.
>>
>>145660684
>Spearman
>>145660934
> ...

gang raped again, my anus is bleeding.
>>
spear+shield>sword+shield
>>
>>145661056
Have you played hoplite on your phone? Its pretty neat, and both anon and I are taking our ideas from it.
>>
>>145660934
I actually like these two ideas.

Most of the classes will probably be the usual fare, however since the magic system will be ritual based, magic classes will be quite different from other roguelikes.

Rogue and other? stealth classes will see the FoVs of monsters and will have some hiding and some backstabbing skills.

There will also be a few joke classes like the nethack's tourist. The only one for which I for now sure it's going to be in is student class, which will begin with a pack of cigs and a lighter (students will be able to change classes once they reach a certain level).
>>
>>145661113
no,
i use my phone for calls and texts and sometimes internet.

>hoplite
but the way i see it, better go all the way greek that mixed content.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ancient_Greek_infantry_types
>>
File: 690368377_preview_Screen06.png (344KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
690368377_preview_Screen06.png
344KB, 1680x1050px
Have any of you tried Vanilla Bagel: The Roguelike? I usually don't pay Steam "Roguelikes" any attention but this actually looks really good.
I'm not spending 9 bucks on video games though. I just want opinions so I can get hype for a torrent.
>>
>>145661706
People are going to accuse you of shilling regardless of whether you actually are or not.
>>
>>145661706
it looks interesting but i wont even pirate it since
>STEAM
>Ignored like a pro
>>
>>145661706
I'll pirate it when IGG uploads it.
What's the game like? How shallow is it?
>>
File: 1345919047599.gif (499KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1345919047599.gif
499KB, 270x270px
>>145661815
>I care about what /rlg/ thinks

Anon I just want to play video games. The description makes it sound kind of similar to Elona and I've considered suicide because there are no other games like Elona. Anon I want to die. Please help me.
>>
>>145661706
it's shit.
you're shit.
Not a roguelike.
Leave this place.
>>>/lite/.
Reee.
>>
>>145661706
Looks worse than the rancid shit I took this morning.
Fuck off shill memer!
>>
>>145661706
looks like a paid DCSS copycat desu.
>>
>>145661978
You ever heard of Steam Refund, my chum?
>>
>>145661706
That looks surprisingly ok. I'll check it out when I can get it on sale.

>>145662012
Dumb frog poster. It appears to have all the requirements.
>>
>>145661978
My point is that you aren't going to get discussion, really, just people telling you to fuck off.
>>
No ascii, no deal.
>>
>>145662047
But that would imply buying it if I like it. I would love to buy games I like but food exists and I need to purchase it. I'd rather slowly save up tens of thousands than support some people I don't know. Maybe if it's a fucking masterpiece.

>>145662072
That's why I added the bit about torrents. Just one or two anons need to actually give an opinion. Why can't we all just talk about video games?
>>
>>145662135
As long as the tiles convey good information, ASCII isn't strictly necessary.
>>
>>145644009
>>145643916
>>145643854
>>145643756
I've found Celeg twice on my Edains, and they cut down Morgoth in probably a dozen turns.

It just murders everything.
>>
>>145661706
the only game that i would buy (pirate) from steam is CoQ, thats going to be somewhere in 2021 when its finished. Steam wont exist in 2021.
>>
>>145662287
Because no one here wants to pay for games, pretty much. Every major roguelike is free and most are open source.
>>
>>145662295
Those are the good kind of tiles.
Nowadays new gamescome bundled with awful tiles just because kids can't be assed to know a f is a vine stalker or a Fungaloid of a cat.

It's all to market to the greater casual crowd.
>>
File: 1349741315909.jpg (48KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1349741315909.jpg
48KB, 429x377px
>>145662382
If you're pirating it why do you care if there's a version of it on steam?
>>
>>145662494
deep
im speachless
>>
File: 1459810773470.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1459810773470.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>>145662494
Because then it's doubtlessly proprietary software.
>>
>>145662465
Its not like ASCII is always amazing and perfect. PCB's ASCII is actively hostile to the player for example. Sometimes you have to try something before you decide its shit!
>>
>>145662626
>Its not like ASCII is always amazing and perfect.
I disagree.
>CB's ASCII is actively hostile to the player for example.
again, I disagree.
>>
>>145662707
So you think enemies with glyphs that match the dungeon floor's glyphs perfectly are ok? Especially if they blink and do other awful things to you?
>>
all games made today are being casualized.
Look at those shooters today and the regen-health.

kids dont know how to play games anymore.
>>
>>145662626
You have a case for DCSS's tiles, where you can see water, clouds, status effects, and health all on the screen in front of you, but ASCII is better in most cases.
>>
>>145662801
Yeah.
>>
>>145661706

Well, the only threads or discussions I have seen about the game consist of one guy who played it saying it was suprisingly great, and everyone else never heard of it, never played it, and lamenting the lack of any torrent.

Maybe it is a good game. All of the 4 reviews on Steam seem to like the game. Maybe it is, maybe this is the next Faster than Light and no one knows it yet. Personally, I will just wait for a torrent. The only roguelike I have purchased was One Way Heroics (which was 0.99), and Dungeons of Dredmor, which was really cheap and even a pretty good game but I still regret.
>>
>>145662843
wait by the wall few seconds
>full health
>im so gut at diz.

i started with SNES and PSX
i almost had a nervous brakedown
thats why im a calm person today.

true story

kids these days rage quit on a small gameplay.
there is no future.
>>
File: concern.jpg (53KB, 375x414px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
53KB, 375x414px
>>145663005
Why?
>>
>>145663219
because few games have the balls to say "I'm an indipendent game made by someone who wants to have fun with his creation and if you don't like it because of my exterior that's okay but I'm gonna keep being fun on the inside and people who are going to look over my alphabet graphics will be rewarded with a greater amount of fun than those that play non-roguelikes".
BECAUSE SHE'S A BIG STRONG INDIPENDENT GAME WHO DON'T NEED NO SHILL
>>
>Guy wants to talk about a game
>Thread devolves into screaming about casuals, steam and ASCII
>>
>>145663481
I'm actually considering buying it but I'm about to be out of town with no internet for a week so I likely won't be able to offer much insight even if I do.
>>
>>145663481
>A red film goes over your eyes as you go berserk!
>what a noble sacrifice!
>>
File: angryxander.png (131KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
angryxander.png
131KB, 496x496px
>>145663370
You really think its fun when you get killed by an enemy that blends in perfectly with the ASCII? You really think its fun that you have to get really fun to have to get meta with it by using something that auto targets or changing the glyph manually?
>>
>>145663607
>You really think its fun when you get killed by an enemy that blends in perfectly with the ASCII?
yeah because I'm not a shitter that doesn't spam [.

That's like playing brogue and complaining that you died to a trap because you didn't searchmove.

Git.
Gud.
>>
>>145663607
That's not even the biggest problem with PCB's ascii anyway, it's the powerful/unique monsters that share identical glyphs with regular monsters.
>>
File: 1466088139775.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1466088139775.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>wall monsters in ADOM
>>
>>145663749
Its the most glaring example in my mind, although that is the next problem. Its so shitty to have actually dangerous enemies that you can't parse quickly because "lol fuck u". You can atleast manually examine enemies that share glyphs with each other once you know that a lemming shares a glyph with a turbo lich or something, but you're never going to pore over every single floor tile looking for whatever the fuck is hitting you. Its maddening for no reason. Its something I'd expect to see in Amy's games.
>>
>>145663930
it's okay anon
they have an angry face now in TILES mode

What's wrong with you people

glyphs that are the same as dungeon walls are fun as hell,
>>
>>145664038
You might have more of a case if there wasn't such an easy way to overcome the challenge ([ or having a monster window open (at least in PCB)); as it stands it's pointless interface obfuscation.
>>
>on ascension run
>random demon summons yeenoghu who promptly summons demogorgon
>happen to be blind, confused and levitating
fuck you too game
>>
>>145664038
You have a wierd idea of fun, anon.
>>
>>145663607
> blends in perfectly with the ASCII?
more or less git gut
>>145663749
roguelikes are like reading a book
tiles are a cover for such

if you didint 'see' something its your fault, git gut
if you need a picture that helps you see more, well thats fine but its first tier of the casual temple.
second tier is complaining about death.

overall
ASCII IS HARD, it is.
you are only avoiding the true game.
Play DCSS whitout tiles.
>dies in D2
>>
>>145664389
>on ascension run
oh yeah? That's cute.
Call me when you get them from a random water demon you got from a fountain in minetown while the watch is on your ass.
>>
>>145664662
forgot
>tier 3
going to the dev directly, beging him to make the game easyer because its hard for you.
(see CDDA)
>>
>>145664667
That's why you dig up fountains.
>>
>>145665038
that's a terrible idea when you just want to uncurse your armor.
>>
>>145664662
>roguelikes are like reading a book
>tiles are a cover for such
>if you didint 'see' something its your fault, git gut
>if you need a picture that helps you see more, well thats fine but its first tier of the casual temple.
Are you basically just saying that interfaces are for casuals here or what?
>>
>>145665115
Then don't put on armor until you pet/altar test it or have holy water?
>>
>>145664667
So you mean when it's pretty much irrelevant because you just started the game?
>>
>>145665148
im saying that if you use tiles you should not shill about tiles and talk how bad ascii is because its harder for you or you think some elements are detrimental for your gameplay. people are gonna instantly git gut meme you.

and vice versa, yes.

just play and enjoy. i play ascii because i like looking and reading, its somewhat relaxing. tiles are hmm whats the word, quicker? ... i just feel i get less of a gameplay with tiles. but that does not mean i hate tiles.
>>
>>145665890
I've been playing PCB almost exclusively for around a year now. Its ascii is straight up bad in some ways. I'm not saying it needs tiles to be better, I'm saying it needs better fucking ascii. Having more than 16 colors might be a start.
>>
How do you guys feel about Roguelikes on phones? Ports or games made specifically for them.
>>
>>145666849
>if it's on a phone it's suddenly not a roguelike
>>
>>145662626
>Its not like ASCII is always amazing and perfect
If you pick a nice font, it IS always amazing and perfect
>>
File: 1371099360240.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1371099360240.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>145666048
>not playing PCB with tiles
>>
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/vilehermit/morgue-vilehermit-20160616-155346.txt
wew. haven't played the game in years and came back and did this. RegenMP amy seemed OP and a stupid idea in the first place, and removing amy of clarity seems even stupider. Didn't even realize they had removed it until half way through the game after going through like 5 acquire scrolls looking for it. Luckily I got clarity in a mutation so it was pretty faceroll from there, thought I'd have a way worse score since I thought I spent way too much time exploring in the early game, and I don't even know if completing a zigg is even a good idea, no idea if it increases your score or just lowers it since it was essentially a waste of time.
>>
>>145666738
>>145666936
use phones for what they are used for. calls, texts fucking net
play games on real machines. Youll just brake your battery.

the thing i dislike about roguelikes on phone is not that they are not roguelikes its the fact that the dev saw that he cant make money from the pc so he decided to port it on android or whatever f os you use because kids are gonna play it.
>kids>phone>games
>>
>358k

Come on, shouldn't that be at least a bit higher since it has two immunities?
Fuck.
>>
>>145666738
Not so great. I gave a few a try (fucking DCSS is on the app store) and all they really did was make me wish I was playing them with a keyboard instead of touch controls.
>>
>>145667209
>oh no kids are playing video games
>>
>>145667084
While a nice font is really great (I'm always mirin' people who really put the work in to get nice terminals), it really won't help if the ASCII itself is shit.

>>145665890
>White text on white page
>This is unnecessarily hard to read, it isn't testing my vocabulary or understanding of the story so much as raping my eyes for no reason
>Git gud, the next page is yellow on yellow
>>
>>145637814

Hey guys, I'm going to cloud minds for 25 floors before I throw dynamite and repeatedly quaff descent. Can't wait to get the confusion immunity trait!

Too late I know
>>
>>145667827
Doesn't work in current IA, sadly.
>>
>>145667905

Yeah I had to just go with the old strat.

I don't think you can even make one for Brogue either.
>>
>>145623530
Why did you put devteam in so many quotes?
>>
File: holyshit.png (35KB, 1454x807px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.png
35KB, 1454x807px
I'm super fucking spooked right now. I was reading with my flashlight on next to the window so I could see when daylight broke, but something fucking exploded me through the window. I didn't see anything when I scouted the house, and didn't see anything when I looked through the window. What the hell is happening? I should have taken off my noise cancelling headgear.
>>
>>145668374
Probably as a way of indicating his low opinion of their development skills.
>>
File: rod.png (75KB, 803x590px) Image search: [Google]
rod.png
75KB, 803x590px
>healing items are now healing more than I have total hp
I really need some new lifes. At least I have a point in every resist now (though I could still probably get one shot by a shard breath or whatever thanks to my outstanding health).
>>
>>145667395
That it's that valuable even with all of those negatives is a testament to weight that immunities carry.

For reference, -2 to Int and Wis tanks an items value by at least 5000. How much more would *Ancient Foul Curse*, Drain Life, etc. count away for?
>>
File: 1465539710601.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1465539710601.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>145669158
>It heals your hitpoints, cures what ails you, and makes you erotic.

Angelic healing is too good.
>>
File: CDDA.jpg (8KB, 140x79px) Image search: [Google]
CDDA.jpg
8KB, 140x79px
Haven't played DDA in a LONG time. Are these starting stats okay? I recall needing 6 perception to see mines, and I cut off skill rust (i know Im a pleb, sorry) so I don't think INT is that important. Am I making a big mistakr?
>>
File: mpa-PCB zantetsuken.png (203KB, 1449x791px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB zantetsuken.png
203KB, 1449x791px
Can't wait to slap Death on this.
This isn't the one that doesn't attack women, right?
>>
>>145669419
6 Int will ensure you will never be able to gain levels from books
>>
>>145669526
Right.
>>
>>145669419
Better gimp DEX than INT
>>
>>145669692
If you're lying I'm going to insult your mother.
>>
>>145669569
>>145669695
But it only slows it to 110%. Doesn't seem to be a big deal. Back when I "beat" the game (survived a year) a couple years ago, I would spend days reading, 10% slower doesn't seem like it'd impact my survival much.
>>
>>145669692
Your mother's a dirty, dirty whore.
>>
File: shouting match.png (101KB, 803x595px) Image search: [Google]
shouting match.png
101KB, 803x595px
I like to imagine we're both sitting here screaming at each other.
>>
>>145669897
There are INT requirements to read books effectively. You're going to be in pain if you have low INT
>>
>want to do lab start
>world refuse to generate labs
What the hell never had this problem before
>>
File: Hhhehehe.jpg (56KB, 498x333px) Image search: [Google]
Hhhehehe.jpg
56KB, 498x333px
>>145669868
>>145670169
>>
>>145670271
Roger. Does 9 dex 8 int sound better?
>>
>>145670490
10 - 12 INT is what people usually shoot for. Anything lower than 8 is going to leave you stuck in a "you fail to learn a recipe from [book]" spiral forever without Fast Reading
>>
>>145670628
10 huh? Thanks, had no idea it was that significant.
>>
>>145670628
Now you can't learn recipes from reading books without crafting them for, uh, reasons.
>>
>run from small group of zombies
>manevour around bushes while running to slowly take them out
>finally kill last one
>begin butchering corpses
>go to first zombie I killed
>corpse is missing, there's just a bloodstain
Spooked
>>
>>145667395
wear the goddamn gauntlets and slap [destruction] on them shinji
>>
>>145667202
Grats. 81k turns is not bad.
>>
>burn zombies by the dozen with flamethrower
>come back to area thinking they're dead
>scorched zombie
PANIC
>>
>>145671409
You do know that you can actually RUN, instead of walking, which makes you much faster than any zed aside from Feral Predator and his variations?

And that you can just smash corpses instead of butchering them?
>>
>>145672252
I did not know I could just smash them. I also did not know I could run. Thanks for your valuable tips, I must have butchered hundreds of corpses needlessly up until now.
>>
>>145672381
" to run. s to smash. Butchering will get you those tainted bones though, which are good for a lot of things.
>>
>>145672381
> I must have butchered hundreds of corpses needlessly up until now.
If you grabbed the bones, it wasn't in vain.
You can use zombie bones to make bone armor, which is crazy good.
>>
>>145672596
I'm familiar with smashing (first thing I do every game is grab a rock, smash a bench, smash a locker, and get myself a makeshift crowbar), but completely overlooked running.
>>145672821
I'll keep the bone thing in mind. Last playthrough, I don't even think I wore armor, I just fought so many zombies my dodge skill got stupid high, to the point where I slept in goo/slime pits and dodged all of their hits in my sleep. Though, at some point I did put on power armor just for the roleplay appeal.
>>
>>145673023
Armour is really good in current cata. Encumbrance isn't as big an issue and kiting it a lot easier, which makes fighting smaller groups easier.
>>
>>145660525
I love when he drops it...pretty nice helm, especially relative to how easy Glaurung is...though looks like you took him on at level 49 so it may not be quite as huge an upgrade at that stage.

>>145669158
ah ah ah ah stayin alive stayin alive ah ah ah ah STAYIN ALIIIIIIVVE

>>145670201
lol
>>
>>145673285
Cool beans. Looks like I'll need to learn to tailor and craft stuff. My first win was really rugged. I'd kill spiders and heat their corpses on plain piles on trees outside while slowing clearing out an entire city. I got to a pawn shop which had a zweihander which made fighting pretty easy. Clearing out the whole city led to all my combat stats being around 10 which made me near invincible. At that point I just bunkered up in a library and read all the books. Subsequently, I started travelling the world, slaughtering shock zombies in an attempt to get all bionics, which ended up being pretty successful. I was so powerful I would explode spider corpses in a single hit which meant my main problem was finding food. At that point I just quit, having learned no intricacies of the game, yet still won pretty handily. This time I hope to learn more about crafting armor and whatnot. More survival, less "god emperor, slayer of zeds".
>>
>>145674842
>I was so powerful
Go check out a vault. Or a temple. Or a mine. Or lover levels of a lab. Or sarcophagus.
>>
>>145675302
>lover levels of a lab
>lover
Not even going to fix this. Describes them perfectly.
>>
>>145675302
As mentioned, my dodge was so high I could dodge slimes in my sleep. I honestly don't recall being hit by anything near the end of it. I did go through mines, a vault, and a lab. Didn't have any trouble, though the mind-fuckery things in the mine were a close call (my INT was pretty high from mutations so I was fine in the end).
>>
>>145647850
Chaos Warriors get Confusing Lights as a class power at level 30.

Samurai have a similar thing in their 4th book as well.
>>
>>145675481
I question how you got through a vault. Dodge stops working when you're out of stamina.
>>
>>145675591
Chaos warriors don't have any class powers, what are you talking about?
>>
How do I get clean water in CDDA? I can't just drink toilet water, right?
>>
>>145647850
it drops just fine outside of 555, I dunno WTF you're on. I threw out 11 (ELEVEN!) confusing light staves, mostly with egos, when making room for more artifacts in my house.

tl;;dr you're full of shit, bad, and should learn to play
>>
>>145675690
I actually don't know why I wrote "vault" (don't think I even saw one), I meant temple. With all the color puzzles and shit.
>>
>>145675865
They do, but it's actually at level 40.

The evil priest evocation power sounds like it does something similar but I've never managed to keep one alive long enough to try it.
>>
>>145676015
Boil it
>>
>>145676179
oh, duh.
>>
File: 1425724046366.jpg (23KB, 317x233px) Image search: [Google]
1425724046366.jpg
23KB, 317x233px
>realize there's some stairs in the corner of my makeshift home base that I've overlooked
>go down and check it out
>some sweet stuff like a gallon jug for carrying water
>however, a lot of fucking smoke
>I guess the former resident lit himself on fire or something
>walk around it to get the jug
>suddenly the smoke engulfs me
>the fire rapidly spread, I think I saw a red 8 so it probably wasn't a smoke zombie
>barely get out alive, coughing like a mother fucker
>shut doors behind me
So what do I do? Abandon the base? Will the fire spread upstairs?
>>
>>145678137
I don't think it'll spread. You could move just to be safe, it doesn't sound like you have a lot of stuff.
>>
>>145678137
Find a fire truck, get decked out in Nomex gear and a gas mask, grab a fire extinguisher and get to work. There might not be anything worth it down there but c'mon, you know you want to do it.

Also I'm fairly certain that it won't spread upstairs even with Z-levels enabled.
>>
>>145678549
Yeah, I've got nothing but dressers in front of windows and a bed.
>>145678720
It seems like it'll be a long time before I get all that stuff but I'll keep it in mind. That was the first time I almost died in this game I want vengeance.
>>
File: many demons.png (524KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
many demons.png
524KB, 640x479px
Everytime
>>
>>145679146
Actually I may as well ask, how do I prevent a phantom knight from making me his fuccboi every time this happens?
>>
>>145679280
evoke feet
>>
>>145659997
This game is going to be about trying to look up orcs' skirts without them noticing, right?
>>
>>145680130
Orc detected.
>>
>>145680130
i was promised dragonfucking?
i want my kickstarter money back
>>
Jesus christ killholes are so stupidly powerful.
If you can make it through the early game as a formicid then you're pretty much set, regardless of your luck with items.
>>
>been raining for days in DDA
>can't boil water or heat food or even explore
>stuck in houses reading fantasy novels while staving off hunger with a dwindling supply of perishable goods found in the only three housrs nearby
I hate this
>>
>>145680915
If you don't mind exploits, you can:

>start a stick on fire outside
>batch craft your water boiling
>it magically finishes even though your stick went out thirty minutes ago
>>
>>145680915
>can't explore

It's just a little morale penalty. What are you, made of sugar?
>>
>>145681053
this except a toothpick
>>
>>145659997

What's your vision for the game? Are you just making a simple Rogue clone for practice?
>>
>>145681170
I'm being pretty cautious, I don't want to incur any unnecessary risk.
>>145681053
I'll keep that in mind if the situation gets dire. Still got some bottled water for now.
>>
FoAKs can use Lucy blink right?
>>
>>145681574
They can, yes.
>>
>>145681574
No. Stasis is stasis.
>>
>>145681574
Yes
>>
>>145681625
>>145681645
/rlg/ pls

pls
>>
>>145681645
How come they can use Okawaru's speedhands then :^)
>>
>>145681574
Maybe
>>
How is OWH lads
>>
>>145681758
Why do you think Abyss Knight is a highlighted background for Formicids?
Read the ability's description, it states something among the lines of that it will blink you even when nothing else can.
>>
Caves of Qud is really coming into it's own. Everyone should go buy it right now.
>>
>>145681802
They can't in only from .18 and up
>>
>>145681645
Lucyblink moves space, not you.
>>
>>145664004
>turbo lich
thanks faggot, I spat my tea
>>
>>145681948
Its okay.
>>
>>145681948
Better than the shit I took this morning.
>>
>follow road through intensely spooky forest filled with giant spiders and other buggers that woulda killed my character in no time like a fungi-infected deer
>road finally ends up at... a radio tower
>literally nothing of value
>have to walk all the way back or venture into the woods, far from home base, in vain hope of discovering food
>>
File: tele.png (62KB, 804x596px) Image search: [Google]
tele.png
62KB, 804x596px
Telepathy, at last.

I wonder what my endgame powers are supposed to be. My best damage spell now is a shard ball for 172. Maybe rings are supposed to device their way late game?
>>
>>145683041
that sounds really fun
>>
>>145683041
>not driving a fully stocked murderwagon
fault

>>145683340
they can probably do both (I've never won a ring), plus also often will have a mount that helps via damage spells or summoning
>>
>4 potions of benmut before even obtaining a single rune
This is a good run.
>>
>>145677379
there'll still be poo flakes in it tho
>>
>>145683745
count no man's life happy until it's end is known
~herodotus
>>
>>145683745
>Your helmet falls off.
>Your boots fall off
>Your Gloves fall off
>benmut
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzz.png (51KB, 506x675px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzz.png
51KB, 506x675px
wait am i playing pcb or dda
>>
>>145684045
most likely yes
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (49KB, 354x433px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
49KB, 354x433px
I even took off all my torso armor and shit to have less encumbrance, what the fuck. This has been going on for hours.
>>
>>145680876
Haha yeah I wish other races had a way of fighting only 1 enemy at a time.
>>
>>145683995
+2 EV, +2 DEX and stealth, rC+, rF+
benmut
>>
File: bam.jpg (31KB, 318x112px) Image search: [Google]
bam.jpg
31KB, 318x112px
>>145684242
>drop off baseball bat
>pull out gun
>blown the fuck away in one shot
I wish I had done this sooner. At least my melee stat shot up.
>>
File: Q.png (37KB, 804x595px) Image search: [Google]
Q.png
37KB, 804x595px
My solar tossed me away, so I summoned up a demilich to ride. Except it was actually some kind of shapeshifter and now I'm on a Q that can't move.

Kind of neat that you can't normally unavailable mounts (for like five turns, until it shifts again).
>>
>>145684248
I rarely find wands of digging.
On my last win I had only found a singular wand of digging.
>>
>>145684567
Haha yeah digging is totally the only way to fight enemies one on one
>>
File: fuck my life.jpg (21KB, 144x197px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.jpg
21KB, 144x197px
>>145684563
>the bullet attracted a migo
Fuck my life holy shit this is the worst luck I'm gonna die.
>>
>>145684567
Disintegration does the job even better.
>>
>>145684563
>that HP on the Q
don't you have a wand of heal monster
>>
>>145681265
You should know that the rainwater is safe to drink, if you can craft a funnel of some sort.
>>
Has anyone played Sublevel Zero?
Is it worth playing?
>>
File: what even is the point.png (5KB, 433x144px) Image search: [Google]
what even is the point.png
5KB, 433x144px
wow, resistance to fire?
my level 48 character is really gonna get a lot of use out of this artifact

it's nearly as good as an armor of elemental protection!
>>
>>145684719

I found a working security van with fuel in the middle of town, moved to the back to close the rear doors, and in one single step through the cabin before I could close the doors a Mi-Go ran up and slaughtered me.
>>
>>145681209
First I want to have the basic features implemented (saving/loading game, combat, mapgen, simple magic, ...).

When (if) this will be finished, I am probably going to muck around with procedural story generation, cultures, and so on.

The thing I most miss in roguelikes is the lack of story and of atmosphere (it is understandable, because of replayability), so I want to try a simple story generator, to see if it will hurt replayability a lot. I would also like trying to implement some non-combat interactions with creatures (talking, bribing, participating in their rituals), which will be based on their culture (which will also be generated separatedly for every game, so in one game goblins will be spiritual vegans and in the another one treehugging cannibals (similar to dwarf fortress)).

Also I want to have ritual based magic, so mages won't necessarily have mana, but they will have to carry with them flour, fresh blood, sticks, ...
>>
>>145685000
Not a roguelike.

If you like the Descent games then you'll most likely enjoy Sublevel Zero as well.
>>
>>145684708
No, but it and disint are the only way to make killholes like Fo can do on diggable levels.
>>
>>145685043
That's rough luck, buddy. I barely managed to survive by tricking it onto bushes and shooting it point black with a semi I found in someone's basement (heh @ >>145608376).

Now, I'm just dying in the middle of the woods far from base as it rains. Not bad.
>>
What's a good newbie build for CDDA?
>>
File: do her in the butt.jpg (65KB, 419x285px) Image search: [Google]
do her in the butt.jpg
65KB, 419x285px
>>145685092
That's all great and all but what about the gratuitous rape you promised?
>>
>>145685105
Sorry.
The review I read said it was a rogue like.
>>
>>145685387
>Scoundrel profession
>Quick trait
>Martial Arts Training (Eskrima)
>put the rest into whatever

kill everything with your switchblade
>>
>>145685092
This sounds amazing but don't push yourself too far

We have /agdg/ on this very board if you can stand the shitposting
>>
File: time for runes.png (12KB, 679x113px) Image search: [Google]
time for runes.png
12KB, 679x113px
OH BABY
>>
>>145685387
Take blackbelt profession. Or Swat CQC. Or specialist. Take the max amount of negative traits, there are a lot that aren't that bad. Invest 2 points into intelligence, strength or dex, whichever you like. Invest skills if you want an easier and less grindy start. That contributes directly to how much you get burnt out on cata. Otherwise, its just how much you want to break the game.

>>145685735
Starts like this will absolutely crush everything, so try them out for fun.
>>
>>145685991
Dang
>>
File: 1466106927876.jpg (51KB, 495x323px) Image search: [Google]
1466106927876.jpg
51KB, 495x323px
>had to banish a porcupine because it was kicking my ass

just die in my sleep already
>>
>>145686323
Dude...
>>
>>145685774
I went to /adgd/ twice, but I don't post on it, because there are only two kinds of people on it. The shitposters and the 3d fancy games ones.

This thread is my little solace.
>>
>>145686323
I laughed so hard my cat looked at me funny. Do you have no AC or something?
>>
>You are engulfed in the explosion!
>You die...
>Xom guffaws

Best god
>>
File: PorcupineEvo[1].png (368KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PorcupineEvo[1].png
368KB, 640x480px
>>145686323

It's not dead, anon.

It's waiting in the Abyss.
>>
>>145685991
shieeeet
>>
>>145686813

I've ascended every species of CK just because Xom is the only way DCSS is any fun for me.
>>
>>145687018
How the fuck do you keep Xom happy?
>>
>>145687219
Fire wands of random effects at everything
>>
Trying to survive an Infected scenario with a rather gimped schoolgirl. Hordes on, ofc.

About two full schoolbuses of dead girls are now rotting all across New England. Still trying. I actually managed to get to a a veterinary clinic one time and to a doctor's office another time. No antibiotics still. The whole thing would've been easy as pie if I could loot ambulances, but >hordes.
>>
>>145685003
>cost 707 K
but
but WHY
it's a fucking armor of RF with 2 con
That's 100 K at best
>>
>>145683340
Rings would be so fun if you didn't have to have a mount

Any class that absorbs things for permanent bonuses makes me hard

It's too bad death swords are fucking cancer to play
>>
>the last Cata stable branch was over a year ago

well meme'd Granade

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/17209

Look at these suckers actually trying to fix and improve this game
>>
File: cloak.png (8KB, 512x186px) Image search: [Google]
cloak.png
8KB, 512x186px
p. good merry replacement

but I'm gona stick to my 555-native Shadow Cloak of Retribution
on a mauler, "you retaliate" is amazing
>>
File: gotta go fast.png (44KB, 804x593px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.png
44KB, 804x593px
>>145689319
Yeah, I like them more than death swords because you can stay away from disenchant melee on a ring. Though I wouldn't be surprised if late game death swords are stronger just by virtue of having hp.

I wish unique mounts were actually usable, but oh well. This +49 speed unhasted temporal champion should be decent he'll die to a fire breath since he has no resists whatsoever
>>
File: 1428943667213.png (199KB, 534x433px) Image search: [Google]
1428943667213.png
199KB, 534x433px
>cooking some meat in cataclysm
>suddenly, explosions fucking everywhere
>I'm dead instantly
>apparently fire now spreads from bushes and exploded my ammo (when I played, it never spread from bushes when there was nothing nearby)
Not gonna lie, if autosave didn't allow me to save scum there I woulda quit this game for a long time, considering how many close calls and whatnot I've barely pulled through on this character.
>>
>>145691491
>apparently fire now spreads from bushes
Yes they do! Stop cooking on bushes.
> considering how many close calls and whatnot I've barely pulled through on this character
Stop being a pussy and let your characters die. I just lost my 2-year old char with a fuckton of bionics, weapons, tools, ammo, a sick deathmobile-base and bult-up Tacoma Outpost today.
>>
>>145691491
>if autosave didn't allow me to save scum
>>
>>145691491
>>>>>>>>>>if autosave didn't allow me to save scum
REEE
>>
>>145692064
Ammo exploding IS bullshit though
>>
>>145691749
>Stop being a pussy and let your characters die.
No thanks. I'm having fun and I won't be if I have to restart do to an insta-death from unknown changed mechanics. Like, the fire spread, and instantly killed me since my ammo immediately exploded and OHKO'd me. I don't see the fun in that and I'd just be bitter when starting up the second character.

I expected posts like >>145692064 to be honest. I like permadeath because when I make a choice, it has the weight of my life. It adds tension. I don't like permadeath when I die without even making a choice. Just personal preference for me.
>>
File: thanks bill.png (12KB, 635x228px) Image search: [Google]
thanks bill.png
12KB, 635x228px
well I guess it's better than a lance

who cares about int, wis, or speed anyways
>>
File: #2.png (13KB, 635x247px) Image search: [Google]
#2.png
13KB, 635x247px
>>145692840
This is with maul and crushing blow active btw

For reference, here's the previous weapon

I'll still need to keep it around for cases where I actually want to pick up loot instead of destroying it with earthquakes.
>>
>>145692295
>I don't like permadeath when
>>>/lite/
>>>/indie/
>>
What's a DCSS combo that can get to endgame without relying on gods?
>>
File: princess.png (115KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
princess.png
115KB, 1440x900px
What the fuck is this bullshit??. I've gone all around where the princess is and there is no possible way of freeing her. No green pressure plate can open her cell. I've been cock-blocked by a videogame.
>>
>>145693756
some anon did 15 runes as an atheist grfi I think
>>
File: pos.png (51KB, 803x518px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
51KB, 803x518px
Need to stop taking these chances.
>>
>>145693756
MuMo.
>>
>>145693962
seriously anon what the fuck is going on with your hp why are you so bad at healing
>>
File: pos.png (56KB, 803x518px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
56KB, 803x518px
>>145693962
Wait, that was not a warlock.

This is sort of frustrating.
>>
>>145693962
there's a high chance you won't be able to heal up because terrified usually makes you skip a turn instead of taking an action.

>>145694246

The fuck -were- you doing ten levels deep in dragon's lair with that HP at level 33, sage
were you playing a demigod
>>
>>145694327
Had to find wyrms somewhere.
>>
File: 1351642776105.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1351642776105.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>145694562
>Had to find wyrms somewhere.
Arena 57 is where wyrms start spawning.
Also it might be good to remember that winblows aggravates everything on the level.

You're safe to just recall, detect, then recall again until you find the great wyrm of thingyouareimmuneto.
>>
>>145694818
>winblows
If only, I was using a lance of ice.
>>
>>145694818
Please anon, *I* am the one with Winblows and I'm not nearly as bad at games as always-posts-screenshots-with-1hp anon
>>
File: Oh shit what up.jpg (462KB, 1440x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit what up.jpg
462KB, 1440x1500px
>>145695148
>and I'm not nearly as bad at games as always-posts-screenshots-with-1hp anon
Boi
>>
>>145695318
Huh?
>>
>>145694818
Oh, also. How common are wyrms in the arena compared to the dragon's lair?
>>
>>145695450
It's a meme from the /rsg/ discord.
>>
>>145695548
*/rlg/
It's confusing since I browse both.
>>
>>145692295
>I make a choice, it has the weight of my life
You made a choice of cooking on a burning bush - something people don't do IRL for a reason. You made a choice of carrying around enough ammo to kill you with a cook-off.
>>
>>145695548
This general has a discord?
>>
>>145693756
A shitload of combos.
Easiest would probably be demigod casters.
>>
File: 360 moonwalk.png (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
360 moonwalk.png
376KB, 1920x1080px
That's suicide.

>>145695715
Boy. Stop.
Don't make me get the iron.
>>
>>145696196
>>145695548
/rlg/ does not have a discord, nor should it have one.
There was enough circlejerking around dicks & co in the past, we don't need more of it.
>>
>>145696414
There is a discord though. But you're not invited.
>>
File: winblows.png (78KB, 975x709px) Image search: [Google]
winblows.png
78KB, 975x709px
I just oneshot Smaug

I probably should've done this dungeon earlier...
>>
>playing some DDA
>some vehicle is still running and has a faulty engine which is causing it to backfire a shitton
>zombos start beating the fuck out of the vehicle
>the engine dies but zombos still beating the everloving shit out of that vehicle
>due to the sound perpetuating itself, more zombos show up and join in on beating the shit out of it
It's kinda like that one thing with the monkeys who get sprayed with cold water when one of them tries to get the banana.
>>
>D5 water mocassins
yeah
yeah sure
I agree
>>
>>145695876
I've played Cataclysm a lot in the past, and fire never spread from bushes. Obviously, the game doesn't conform to real life 1:1, so I was operating under those principles, and thus there was no "choice" regarding whether to risk the bush or not - I didn't know there was risk.

Either way, this is moot. I don't need to convince YOU of anything. I myself and making the choice which leads to me having the most fun. I don't feel compelled at all to maintain a strict permadeath policy even with bullshit instakills, even if you do. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>145696694
Zombie gangbangs are the traditional pastime of the zombie nation.
Later on, when they grow up, they no longer need cars and start doing them in houses.
>>
>>145695318
I don't think that was sage. He had a different font on his other mauler.
>>
>>145697049
but his filename was pos.png.
oh fuck the resolution is wrong you'reright
>>
File: okay this is pretty good.png (48KB, 976x712px) Image search: [Google]
okay this is pretty good.png
48KB, 976x712px
>>145696513
I put these off forever.
I still only have like 4 !healing so I'm kind of hesitant to fight big breathers. But I guess it doesn't matter when you kill them in one turn.
>>
New Thread::

>>145698450
>>145698450
>>145698450
>>145698450
>>145698450
>>145698450
>>
File: 2016-06-16_18-26-03.png (10KB, 400x404px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-16_18-26-03.png
10KB, 400x404px
This is the whole floor. What the fuck.
>>
>>145697209
I fucked with settings so I could termcast poschengband.
>>
>>145699631
haha I knew it
>>
>>145601993
Brogue

Brogue is one of the easiest roguelikes. If you pay attention and are patient, you should be able to beat it within 20 tries
Thread posts: 751
Thread images: 150

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.