[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edg/ Elite Dads General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 759
Thread images: 142

File: Tears_In_Rain.png (486KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Tears_In_Rain.png
486KB, 1280x528px
Time to die edition

I've seen things you dads wouldn't believe.
Crime sweeps on fire off the shoulder of Ngorowai.
I watched plasma accelerators glitter in the dark near the Hutton Orbital.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

previous tomb
>>145408428

Calling all /edg/elords report to your designated tomb before this thread dies
Braben protects
>>
File: 1464311272896.png (1MB, 900x4241px) Image search: [Google]
1464311272896.png
1MB, 900x4241px
>>145542081
>>
>>145542081
Sad bump
>>
You fuckers let it die last time. We were doing so great, already 300 posts!
>>
even the forum granddad is complaining about the current state of the game

i can feel the last vestige of hope being drained from my soul
>>
All the fucking effort on OP image and you fags let the thread die while I was sleeping. Good job
>>
>>145544029
well I was sleeping too
>>
>>145543364
if this one dies before reaching 200, dont make new one
>>
The evolution of E:D compared to the development of EVE Online shows how stark can be the contrast between a game that haves 13 years on its back and a game that's just on its second year.

E:D is already going to places forever banned from EVE, like multiple pilots in a ship... and all EVE has got to offer it's stuff barely relevant nor interesting to "the 85%".
>>
>>145543671
Who is the forum granddad?
Also, this could mean that ftroop actually tries to make some changes in the game!
That is wishful thinking, obviously.

>>145544029
>>145544160
IFF we manage to live long enough should we have a poll in the next OP on what timezones people are from so we know when to shitpost the most to keep the thread alive during downtime?
>>
E:D is worse than space mmo game in android
>>
I can't be bothered to search any of the Frontier related forums. Anything get announced at E3?
>>
So, what is the most prestigious ship to fly in according to /edg/?

Also, why the fuck aren't you guys doing biowaste long range hauling in Sothis/Ceos? That shit plays 30-40t a run with about 300t cargo space in a D-rated tradeconda. No interdictions. This shit is the next Robigo until Ftroop nerfs it.
>>
>>145546286
What level of friendship do you have to be at? Cordial, or higher?
>>
>>145546127
Other than the new midlevel Thrustmaster Hotas partnership, nope.
I keep looking for them, will report here.

>>145546286
Depends on the circles you are in.
Some people consider the Corvette and Cutter to be the apex of grindtolerance and dedication to the game. But go-to ship here is naturally the Orca. The slim hull, the massive mass and formidable speed make it the absolute top in dadbothering.

How much profit are we talking about? Is it better than afk-turreting merits for the next 4 weeks?
>>
>>145546589
I think he meant 30-40 million per run, and a run takes around 20-30 minutes each so 60mil-ish per hour average
>>
>>145546924
Oh. That definitely sparks my interest. I need my Elite trade rank.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>145547042
Also some anon's have been saying that the devs are going on a holiday after E3, so hopefully we can enjoy a week+ of doing it.

>>145546589
I was disappointed that Frontier were sponsor at the shitty PC Gamer show but nothing was said about E3. Dawn of War 3 also disappointed me, looks like a mobile game and looks like it plays like one too.
>>
>>145547194
ANOTHER holiday? You've got to be kidding me
>>
>>145547304
Kind of a good thing anon, they're not going to patch shit we like, aka Sothis, and lets face it they're not going to add anything new or wondrous let alone patch something that needs patching.
>>
>>145546371
Cordial, but Friendly is required.
This is easily reached. Just buy a Cobra at the station and do a shit ton of Data haulage missions, you'll reach friendly with all factions in no-time. Just haul data from ceos to sothis and back again.
>>
>>145547042
>>145546924
He is correct 30-40 million profit in less than an hour. Most missions are dropped off at the same station, so you need to make less stops than Robigo. Count that in with NO interdictions and it takes even less time. It's not smuggling either so scans won't cause you to fail missions.

It requires a low-budget ship with preferrably 300t cargo cap and a decent jump range. A D-rated conda with A-rated FSD is ideal, but other and smaller ships will work as well.

Go to Ceos/Sothis, haul data for the factions until you're friendly, and then stack missions requiring you to haul biowaste for 3-6m per 50 tonnes of cargo.

It's less effort than Robigo. Do it while it lasts.
>>
How much money is enough money?

Taking the possibility that ED will get bigger more expensive ships in future in to account
>>
>>145550360
10b will last you a year if the game still alive
>>
File: 543667357567.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px)
543667357567.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
This needs to be a meme
>>
>>145551095
i-is that the face of vision?
>>
File: 356735756775.jpg (394KB, 1920x1390px) Image search: [Google]
356735756775.jpg
394KB, 1920x1390px
>>145551358
YES
>>
>>145549916
Does it not work if you're allied? I just keep getting this crap.
>>
>>145551925
Relog and go from Newholm to that Ceos station.

If after that still nothing, Ftroop has nerfed it, which is odd. I did two runs stacked with fat missions yesterday.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 368x159px)
image.jpg
22KB, 368x159px
Never bothered with powerplay I don't know all mechanics.
So now I have this many merits and I wanted to go out exploring, which might take a fuking while since I plan to play only few hours a day. And these neet payouts supposed to last me weeks. Does anyone know if I don't collect money will thaey carry over in to next week and stack on each other?
>>
>>145552097
That did the trick, thanks anon. Getting a bit unlucky though, getting lots of 100+ cargo for 5 mil.
>>
>>145552349
enjoy your 50% decay
>>
>>145552349
50% decay mean it will last for 3 weeks
>>
>>145545707

>E:D is already going to places forever banned from EVE, like multiple pilots in a ship

I'm not holding my breath. With how FD has handled Elite's "evolution," there's nothing to say that it won't be another terrible tacked on update that only allows you to control one single turret on a friend's ship. It will be alright if you have a friend at best and horribly bugged and gamebreaking at worst. I have no idea why you even decided to bring that feature up in the first place. EVE would never have multipilot ships because it just wouldn't work with how the game is designed. I can argue that it wouldn't work with Elite either, atleast it wouldn't be enough to call it a full on major feature.

There's no problem with E:D and EVE doing things differently. They're two completely different games and I hate comparing them just from how different they are. Elite has an absolute awful design history, and that severely hinders my enjoyment of the game.
>>
>>145552471
Have patience, anon. Finding the right missions takes a fair chunk of time. But it pays out.
>>
We seem to live, for now.
>>
>>145553118
I can count. What I'm asking is that if I can collect money months later or will they disappear.
Whatever it's not worth asking anything here unless it's meme related. I'll get more honest and better answer from dads if I make up a story. They work really hard for that rep
>>
This game is a fucking joke.
>>
>>145552349
Get 80k and defect to the Asian guy with 200% exploration profits. Then turn in minor exploration data and WEW LAD exploration Elite.

You can collect it later at least if you stay pledged.
>>
>>145554274
You're a fucking genius my man
>>
>>>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265277-Serverside-update-and-upcoming-point-update

top kek
>>
>>145554274
Don't you need at least a good grind level with LYR for those profits?

You need 161,000,000 profits from exploring in order to become Elite.
>>
>>145554404
>I’d personally just like to thank the development team. They’ve worked incredibly hard over the recent week’s and are always looking at and reviewing the feedback from the community. There will be an additional point update coming which will also include a number of feedback, fixes and changes and we’ll have some more news on that soon.
L U L

>>145554346
Just think of me when jerking off to blue haired bitch

>>145554480
You keep 50% of your merit when you defect. That would leave you with 40k and enough time to do exploring for a couple of weeks before turning in the data.
>>
>>145554545
Just to confirm.
If you get 70k for scanning neuron stars that means if I have detailed scanner it will give me 140k and with 200% payout bonus I'll get 280k?
>>
File: 1450394313011.jpg (62KB, 620x628px) Image search: [Google]
1450394313011.jpg
62KB, 620x628px
>>145554545
tfw 0 merits
>>
>>145554663
Technically yes, except surface scanner only grants 30% increase in payout. So 70k x 1.3 = 91k * 2 = 182k. Still, reasonably higher profit.

>>145554780
See >>145176614
Infinite merit.
Also a good tip for afk turreting: 32-bit mode, lowest graphical settings and running in a stamp sized window. Won't crash or require system resources if doing something on the side.
>>
>>145554053
The salary will stay forever if I remembered correctly
>>
>>145554968
So essentially I can just leave it be and come back in 4 weeks for a massive 200mil salary? Sweet.
>>
>>145554968
No it won't, don't spread disinfo
>>
>>145554404
Our development team worked so hard so we can change 4 integer values in the game

amazing frontier
>>
>>145555760
>Because of our incompetence and total negligence of common sense and rational software development practises our codebase is a Frankenstein monster that lives without us actually knowing how and why. Changing anything is a serious feat and uphill struggle.
>Sincerely Ftroop - Quality game design guaranteed

Also, it's something taken that they've been on a three week holiday prior.
>>
>>145554404

I don't know what's worse, that it took them this long to adjust those numbers, or that there are people in that thread kissing the CM's ass.
>>
>>145556037
game companies should avoid programmers who worked at frontier before

to think I once considered to apply for a programmer position
>>
>>145556267
Programmer is a disposable being in a company
>>
>>145554404

Literally a bandaid fix. As if it still won't be a problem when people hit the 1,000 materials limit.

This doesn't change the fact that you have to play RNG roulette to get some materials. This doesn't change that you have to drive on boring planet landscapes for hours to hopefully find what you're looking for. This doesn't change the fact that hauling rares for an engineer requirement is fucking stupid and whoever thought of it needs to be fired.

It legitimately makes me mad that they still can make money off of so many retards that buy this shit.
>>
>>145556267
At Frontier?
I would never, ever work for a game company. Even a smaller one. I love games sure and occasionally even work on my own project that nobody will ever see because it is my hobby. But knowing the conditions that game programmers have to endure, I rather take the ones of a regular software company.

>>145556187
We've been through this a thousand times and seen that happen so much that I've become so jaded that I don't even care.

>>145556614
I wouldn't go that far based on my experience working for software companies. Currently in a fairly small employeewise but rather significant otherwise and we have a lot of freedom and trust based on us. And the senior guys here are pretty irreplaceable.
>>
>>145556614
if you are developing utility stuff or new features yes

but if you are part of the team who designed the core components not very logical. firing a guy like that would like throwing the chief engineer of a ship out of the window during a storm. Well considering the amateur actions of the fdev they might have done that. because they have a custom engine that runs the elite
>>
>>145556763
I work at a small regular company
its shit. and it would be worse if it was a big company
enjoy working on databases and retarded features that customers ask and change every fucking week

If you can start your won company
>>
Quick someone I need to know exact mount of hours left until the cycle reset. I can't in to time zones
>>
>>145557178
A bit over 17 hours.
>>
So, would an A-rated Vulture with dual fixed C3 Multi's be viable? I fucking love C3 en C4 multicannons.
>>
>>145557392
Not really. Not discounting that it wouldn't be fun, it's just not efficient enough in taking down NPCs with ten million shield cells.
>>
>>145557392

Vultures aren't good enough anymore really.
>>
>>145557392
Still viable in High RES
>>
I've realised surface base missions is the closest this game has to fun and engaging gameplay. You have to scout the base out, find the terminal/generator controlling the gate/shield for large bases, get to the objective and then destroy/scan it and then fight your way out. On a high security base its even more interesting.

Yet they put no resources into making the actual mechanics fun of how it works good, the SRV is awful, you can't fight off Goliaths, turrets respawn far too quick, most data towers do nothing and the security ships can't be fought off.

Horizons should have been entirely focused on making the surface game great.
>>
File: ididntneedthis.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
ididntneedthis.gif
8KB, 645x773px
>>145558941
The enemy defences respawn way too quickly and high security bases are required to be done with a friend. But that could be cool if I had friends who actually bought into this piece of fucking shit.

I agree. The surface has potential. Imagine if we had different kinds of deployable vehicles. Others for exploration and discovering new materials and other dedicated combat vehicles and SPEEESS TUNGUSKAS for dakka dakka. But no. Fucking never.
>>
>>145559363
Its a shame, if Fdev could stay focused on making things actually good instead of throwing half finished features in this this game could be great. I'm actually enjoying the surface assault missions but all the half baked features kind of ruin it, there are a total of 2 data tower types that do anything outside of completing missions and its the same with generators.

It really feels half baked, if they gave us more ground vehicle types and gave the data towers purpose it would be great and if they kept adding things to do like an actual purpose for settlements it could be incredible.
>>
>>145559779
Oh well. Maybe some day in the future we will have something awesome. If not in this game, maybe someone else will do it properly.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265277-Serverside-update-and-upcoming-point-update
>>
>>145559363

This wouldn't be as much of a problem if there were some way to communicate with people in game other than going to a faction HQ and hoping you get put in an instance with someone else. (read: never)
>>
>>145559363
I have a friend with horizions, we found the instancing on planets to be even worse than in space.

>tfw you will never drop a baneblade from your conda
>>
>>145560963
>>tfw you will never drop a baneblade from your conda
ME1 style orbital vehicle drops would be neat and far more fun than the current "find the one flat patch of ground with no rocks" we currently have
>>
File: corvette.jpg (699KB, 2560x1080px)
corvette.jpg
699KB, 2560x1080px
This ship with this paintjob makes me cream my undies a little..

Too bad it's hidden behind a fucking grindwall..
>>
>>145561834

Imagine what that is going to be like on atmospheric worlds and earth-like planets. Mr VISION wants there to be all sorts of shit on the ground when we land there, trees, wildlife, the list goes on.
>>
File: caww.png (488KB, 575x563px)
caww.png
488KB, 575x563px
>>145561936
>tfw Frontier could've made gaining fed rank and iRank fun and engaging
>tfw they simply made it about grinding missions
>>
>>145562018
I can't wait till 2030!
>>
>>145562018
>>145562210
I'll honestly not be surprised if that never happens. After the shitshow that was Horizons, my expectations are low. Very low. I hope they can change that in the coming content patches, but I doubt it.

There just seems to be a real lack of effort on Frontiers part, maybe the oversold it but I'm pretty disappointed at this point.

Still playing/grinding Sothis though, not even sure why at this point, I care more than I should I suppose.
>>
>>145561936

there are no paints for the corvette
>>
>>145551925
Nice color scheme. Mind sharing it?
>>
>>145562634

We will have a really good idea by the next "expansion" of Horizons hits, since I have no idea how you can fuck up a character creator. The key here is to see what toys they take away when they add the next new shiny thing nobody gives a shit about.
>>
>>145562634
If they manage to maintain funding for the planned 10 years I can see us having some form of atmospheric landing
>>
>>145562634

>coming content patches

>launch fighters
Will be shitty Condors that pop with 2 pulse laser shots. Will take a module that will halve your jump range.

>passenger missions
Glorified cargo hauling missions. The people who are actually waiting for these as if they will be the savior of Elite are the most cancerous dads

>multicrew
Will be able to get friends to take control of a turret on your ship. That's really it. I have no idea how they plan for this to work with how god awful instancing is.

And then there's another update at the end of the year that Ftroop hasn't revealed anything about, so it will be a surprise. Rest assured it will probably be shit.

If you look at the past content updates for Elite, there is no reason to be excited or look forward to them. Elite is a lot more enjoyable if you just forget about Horizons and how hard Frontier is murdering this game.
>>
>>145563248
Passenger transport is essential as they should've been in the game at fucking launch.

Also since when were passengers planned as part of Horizons?
>>
>>145563362

Newsletter 110

"Coming Summer 2016
Take what comes and strike back with double. Bring a second ship to every combat encounter with Ship-Launched Fighters and defend your passengers against the deadliest threats in the galaxy."

It's an entire feature.
>>
>>145563517
Finally.

They're not going to be some massive game changing feature but they should've been in the game at launch
>>
>>145563641
Won#'t they literally just be 'cargo'? You'll just go to a mission board hit the button and it'll be the same as if they were fucking biowaste or gold.
>>
>>145563641

>implying FD won't drop the ball completely and release bugged passenger missions that give you 50 million for a 15 jump trip

The best part of Ftroop updates is all the bugs and exploits that come with them and seeing dads rage on the forums about muh evil gamers ruining the game with Ftroop's incompetent bug testing.
>>
>64k merits
>not enough time to get 80k before cycle
>going to have only two weeks to get 140m scan data
These are going to be fun two weeks..
>>
>>145564359
In the earlier dev diaries they said they'd require passenger modules and if it took damage it would start killing the passengers. Passengers is important because of what it sets up for, it allows the originally planned Imperial Slave/Slave difference of Imperial slaves requiring passenger space, it gives service and tourism economies a purpose, it gives the Orca and maybe the dropship a purpose and it puts the mechanics in place for things like dropping off troops for surface assaults. Carrying Passengers will hopefully play quite differently to hauling Cargo due to the risks.

But initially yes, it will be similar to cargo hauling except in a more vulnerable module but its the foundation for a lot.
>>
>>145564730
Still 14 hours left
>>
>>145564770

I can hardly believe that FD has that much foresight and that their spaghetti code can even keep up with all this stuff being stacked on top of it.

What was PowerPlay the foundation for?
>>
>>145565149
Not everything is the foundation for something else but Passenger hauling is. Its all in the dev diaries and making Passengers just another Cargo cannister would rape the established lore.
>>
>The first change coming in the server updated will be local news articles at the Engineers bases to help direct players to locations where they will be able to source the materials they need
Not bad
> In addition we will be increasing the amount of materials you can hold from 600 to 1,000. We will also be increasing the amount of Data you can hold from 200 to 500 units.
changes nothing. I got to old limits within days. the need to complacently redo this shit. like limit for each material type separately
>>
>>145565251
FD has no problem raping established lore, anon.
>>
>>145568606
They just declared everything pre ED of questionable canonicity and ED a reboot, FD are consistent with ED introduced lore.
>>
>>145568747
Good job proving me right.
>>
Is it possible to know if Lavigny Duval is going to expand next cycle?
>>
We're taking this to the next level lads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamHFVeAVe0
>>
>>145569731
FOR FREE
>>
File: devilish.gif (1MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.gif
1MB, 425x481px
>>145569731
>first to dislike
>>
>>145569731
>literary teleports behind you
I dont think I have enough vision to sit through this
>>
>>145570625
added mine, we all should
>>
File: heheheheh.png (757B, 126x90px) Image search: [Google]
heheheheh.png
757B, 126x90px
>>145571225
- REP
>>
>>145569731
My story in last thread was 10x better.

Get hyped guys I'm making a new one
>>
guise, no star cithizen thread? I wanted to post my ebin maymays and derek smart material :(
>>
File: derek smart.jpg (53KB, 558x808px) Image search: [Google]
derek smart.jpg
53KB, 558x808px
>>145572660
Go ahead, it's pretty necron here.
>>
File: 1465670309680.png (753KB, 812x1044px)
1465670309680.png
753KB, 812x1044px
>>145572660
all forms of VISION is welcomed in here
>>
>need 13000 merits to get to 80000
>in exactly 11 1/2 hours I must leave for exam
>calculated that I get anywhere from 1080-1130 merits/h
This is going to be fucking close, I'm so fucking stressed out. If I don't get merits in time I'm thinking about showing up late for exam, if you show up late they won't let in you for 40min after start time

blog/
>>
>>145545936
>Also, this could mean that ftroop actually tries to make some changes in the game!
Vain hope.

Vision listens to no one, not even forum (grand)dads.
>>
>>145573682
Trust me, you can still grind merits after the cycle reset.
>>
>>145568747
I thought everything pre-ED was always of questionable canonicity.

The Dark Wheel sure as hell wasn't canon that wouldn't even make sense.
>>
File: ayyy.png (47KB, 1276x281px)
ayyy.png
47KB, 1276x281px
Fucking dads killed it, they kept discussing irrelevant shit and the thread was closed.
>>
File: e3.png (213KB, 384x257px) Image search: [Google]
e3.png
213KB, 384x257px
More news from E3 what everyone has been waiting for
new bobblehead for pp "characters"
>>
File: rgs.png (237KB, 1270x690px) Image search: [Google]
rgs.png
237KB, 1270x690px
it's going to take them few more years to outfit it with medicore modules
>>
File: super kek.png (2MB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
super kek.png
2MB, 7680x4320px
>friend is curious how elite dangerous engineers work
>explain to him
>"OH MY GOOOOOD"
>"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PLAY THIS BULLSHIT"
>>
File: genuine reaction.png (23KB, 745x575px) Image search: [Google]
genuine reaction.png
23KB, 745x575px
>>145580113
how the fuck did I take the wrong pic
>>
>>145580265
I think your friend wants it in the ass from you
>>
>>145578034

It's bad enough that that is the rate of progression they want everyone else to have.
>>
>>145576362
we should make a ton of threads on the gulag about how excited we are for the archon delaine bobblehead
>>
>>145583365
>implying ftroop even reads threads that aren't made by pecisk
>>
>>145562634
They can pull it off, by which I mean it's technically and otherwise feasible and this is still easily the only game I trust to do it properly.
>>
Reminder that the best thing in this game, like tortanic, is the sound.
>>
Does sothis/ceos have a shipyard/outfitting somewhere in it?
>>
>>145588350
Yes, newholm in sothis
>>
File: braben bobble.gif (2MB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
braben bobble.gif
2MB, 416x416px
>>
i hope they don't think increasing the material storage and lowering the engineer rare goods unlock amount is enough
>>
>>145590785
y
>>
What is the middle bottom thing on the new Thrustmaster stick base?
>>
>>145594223
Vision slider
>>
>>145594223
are they going to sell the stick separately too? if so probably a throttle slider
>>
File: luke.png (147KB, 315x242px)
luke.png
147KB, 315x242px
Firstly, you need a ship with a good jump range and a good cargo cap. I run a D-rated anaconda with 300t cargo and an A-rated FSD for a good jump range. Also, a trade rank of at least Entrepeneur is recommended.

Step 1. Go to Ceos or Sothis and park your conda there. Buy one of the small ships they sell there (i.e Cobra), you'll need the ship to quickly get around that stations in Ceos and Sothis.

Step 2. Take as many Data Transport missions as you can get, from all factions. Switch modes (solo/open/private) to reset the mission board. Once packed with Data missions, go to neighboring Sothis and deliver all Data missions, and take new ones. Go hence and forth between Ceos and Sothis until you reach Friendly with all factions.

Step 3. Once friendly, start looking for cargo hauling missions that require you to hall 20t-60t for anywhere between 3m-6m in profit. Stack those missions until your cargo cap is full and make your way to the bubble. With around 300t of cargo, my conda makes it to the bubble in 17-19 jumps.

Since it's not smuggling, you'll notice that no-one interdicts you. Most missions are dropped off at one, two or three stations, meaning that you won't need to visit many stations. On average, I stack around 8 missions, giving me a total profit of around 35-40 million. All-in-all, getting the right missions and delivery takes an hour.

Step 1 and step 2 might take some time.
Repeat step 3 until you drown in creds.

I know Elite isn't about grinding creds, but you never hear the wealthy complain about the fact they're rich, do you?
>>
>>145596417
>you never hear the wealthy complain about the fact they're rich, do you?
Actually some dads wipe their saves regularly because they don't want to be rich
>>
File: 1465360265316.jpg (19KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1465360265316.jpg
19KB, 500x499px
>>145597234
I refuse to believe this
>>
>>145597234
That's just because elite has a retarded 1 save per account system and the only fun part of the game is clawing your way up from nothing.
>>
>>145597965
There you have it >>145597935 that's exactly what dads say.
>>
>mfw an Obsidian Ant voice pack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpxSP8tGkk

I guess he sold out just in time for all the dads to hate him.
>>
File: x - doubt.png (72KB, 155x193px)
x - doubt.png
72KB, 155x193px
>do missions for independent and fed factions
>going up with all
>going down with federation
>>
File: 20160616011248_1.jpg (180KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160616011248_1.jpg
180KB, 1600x900px
>doing data delivery missions to get my local rank up
>incoming mission critical message
>open it
>it's this

what's the fucking point
>>
>>145599942
Holy shit, I never knew these existed. This is fucking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegEjlAneao
>>
File: 20160616011433_1.jpg (418KB, 1600x900px)
20160616011433_1.jpg
418KB, 1600x900px
>>145602669
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
I actually really appreciate all the effort on the OP pics. Good work commander! I wish I could rep you twice! :') o7
>>
I'm going to bed /edg/, don't die in my sleep again please.
>>
>>145602856
You doing Sothis runs in an Asp? I do not envy you my friend. What's your cargo capacity?
>>
>>145607267

I can't imagine it's too much, but it's probably faster than what I am doing with a Python.
>>
>>145607267
104 tons, with shield and fuel scoop

I could get a python and outfit it but I'm so close to being able to outfit a conda that it doesn't matter
>>
>>145608431
Python can easily carry twice as much as an asp but the jump range sucks when laden
>>
>>145609023

The shitty jump range was the trade off I was willing to make though. Not disappointed with the mission rewards at least.
>>
>>145554264

Yeah those bonus objectives are great.

>early delivery bonus offered
>immediately fails because it was generated with a time limit of 1 microsecond
>>
>>145608915
You could switch to a 3A shield to squeeze 8 more cargo space in there if you don't mind being a bit more squishy. Especially if you're running A-rated thrusters of course, preferably engi upgraded. And a few mine launchers help.

On the other hand it takes more time filling up on missions and you might not always use the extra space.
>>
>>145602856

holy crap its looking like a complete different game what are this settings? playing on a potato?
>>
>>145610513
4 year old laptop
>>
>engineer bases now tell you which planets materials are found on

can't say i'm surprised but it's still disappointing this is their solution
>>
>>145612485

Anything else probably would have required too much effort for them to have even bothered.
>>
>travel to Sag A and back
>did some but very little detailed scanning, radared system every time
>got 21mil
>want to get to Elite explorer
>140mil left
>by using calculation methods dads developed I would need to scan 2800 neuron stars
Something doesn't seem right. Almost 3000 scans?
>>
>>145614019
sell to chinaman, I heard you get 300% bonus in systems controlled by

dunno if it applies to rank tho
>>
>>145612485
Jesus Christ, Braben is practically giving you everything you want on a silver platter and it's not enough? What is it with you kids, you have your full plate and you look up and demand MORE?! No wonder you're all fat. I'm glad I forced my wife to have her tubes tide so something like you doesn't come out of them one day.
>>
File: me and my wife's son.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
me and my wife's son.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>>145614295
>>
>Dahm Vision
>>
>>145615245
>tfw your wife's son in black and bigger than you
>>
poorfag here, would it be possible to get a barebones python to abuse sothis-ceos runs for 90 mil or so?

or should i just do asp explorer
>>
>>145616182
If you're poor, start with a T6. After a few runs, you'll get that Python, then equip it in chinaman space for the discounts.
>>
>>145616317
>t6
>all the way to sothis

pls just let me skip to the python
>>
>>145616527
The T6 has a better jump range than the python.
>>
>>145616767
then why do people use the python at all?
>>
>>145616527
Python isn't that good unless it's A rated, which is damn expensive if you're new.
>>
>>145616917
i was going to a-rank the FSD then fill it with cargo holds and a scoop
>>
>>145616897
it can fight
people love shooting
>>
>>145617784
>python
>fight
>with 1/10 agility
yeah right
>>
>>145617964
Most only judge the amount of hardpoint
>>
>>145617087
You might have to combat log npc's for a while but you'll be fine.
>>
Huh. /edg/ had died when I tried checking in a year ago. Glad to see you faggots are back.

Is the game less of a grind now?
Are shield potions still the only thing to put in the internals of a combat ship?
What are the best weapons these days?
>>
>>145618749
1) it's more grindy
2) yes
3) pulse/burst lasers, something heavy for bigger hardpoints. torpedoes and missiles got buffed
>>
>>145618749
no
you can hulltank too
RNGineer
>>
>>145618749
hahahaha no
pretty much
HUGE. MULTICANNON.
>>
>>145619383
>>145619565
>>145619742
http://edshipyard.com/#/L=70Q,7vB7vB5CD5CD01Q3we0_g0_g,2-9Y9Y7_8S9Y6u6k,7Sk7iW7gy7fO4xo9qI

R8 M80s
I left in a Vulture with a trading Clipper stashed somewhere and according to that flowchart this is the next ship
>>
>>145620162
looks gud, i'd drop the 3B cells for hull reinforcements tho

for the cost and weight they're really damn good
>>
>>145620162
you're better off with a C5 bi weave and hull packages desu. that way shields recovers in 30 seconds while broken and you can hulltank inbetween. if you were to use a SCB use 3B because higher level SCBs regenerate more than your total shields for each cell IIRC

the FAS is so agile you shouldn barely get hit in the first place.
>>
>>145620538
Is that one of those reputation reward things? I left about the time those were released and would need to grind for rank
>>
>>145620694
bi weaves are available anywhere

it's the prismatics that are powerplay specific
>>
>>145620694
Bi-weave is not linked to any ranked shit. It's just a shield that's weaker overall but recharges much faster.
>>
think 4A fuel scoop is enough for python? its not like it has a huge fuel tank after all.
>>
Be me.
Flying my trusty Cobra MK3.
Suddenly someone interdirects me.
Turns out it's another player.
Oh my.
I have no quarrel with you, good sir - I said in to the voice comms.
Some kind of gibberish appeared on my comms.
"fk u fgt" it spelled.
The fellow must have been role playing as and alien and mimicking their language.
Alright let's have us a fight- I said.
The opposing commander piloted Imperial Cutter.
What a beauty!
The commander in question must have spent a great deal of time playing Elite.
Been playing since beeta and almost worked my way to B modules on my Cobra MK3.
Must be a thrill to pilot such a huge beast.
Unfortunate for me I did not last very long in the fight and got destroyed.
Thankfully I had enough money to re-buy my beloved vessel.
Then I remembered that I had to pick up my son from middle school.
Almost forgot about the bugger.
Elite is such an amazing game, you sit down to play for half an hour and it passes in what feels like five minutes.

Now I really have to go.
Fly safe CMDRs o7
>>
>>145620827
Wouldn't that leave you vulnerable to being bursted down? As well as leaving your components exposed while waiting for shields to come back? You can't exactly dodge everything, and although I have no experience with it it just seems like a weaker shield in general
>>
>>145620162
Point defence is a must now
>>
>>145617964
>>with 1/10 agility
Yeah the Python turns like shit but that in-game agility rating has only a tenuous relationship to how ships actually turn.
Anaconda has 2/10 and pitches 360 in 15-18 secs depending on speed.
iCutter has 2/10 and pitches 360 in 20-30 secs depending on speed.
>>
File: 17485894718.jpg (96KB, 670x748px) Image search: [Google]
17485894718.jpg
96KB, 670x748px
>>145621229
>beeta
>>
>>145621293
They're not that much weaker than regular shields, and the recharge is 50% faster. It's a decent tradeoff that's worth it for certain ships, DBS and FAS among them.
>>
>>145619383

>burst lasers

When would you ever want burst? All it does is drain considerably more energy while putting out less damage per shot.
>>
>>145622153
i don't personally use burst but i hear good things abotu them
>>
>>145617964

Python can still be a great ship to fly. It's best used as a hauler but it can be easily outfitted to be a decent fighting ship with the proper loadout and can have massive hull tank with all the internal slots you can make into hull reinforcements. It's a great ship if you're strapped for cash and only want to have one ship. Also the cockpit is easily one of the best of any ship.
>>
/d2g/ here
remember when you guys would put dota in your pasta so we would keep you alive with our bitching?
those were the days
>>
>>145624393

>Anecdotal edition:

>Featuring a League of Legends such as Lord Kerbel, who spent Five Nights flying to Europa was in search of Grand Strategy and Civilization, with the occasional Dark Souls.

>*this is not EVE Online or Star Citizen or Ace Combat or a Hentai Game

I miss those days. I want them back.
>>
File: spacebullypolice.png (83KB, 1218x312px)
spacebullypolice.png
83KB, 1218x312px
>>145624684
The game is arguably better now, it's just that they added more grind and left the broken shit broken.

The forums are a constant source of keks
>>
File: 1448430409806.jpg (202KB, 887x900px)
1448430409806.jpg
202KB, 887x900px
>>145625071

I won't argue that the game has improved, but I atleast had some hope that the major content updates like Horizons would be better than the mess that CQC and Powerplay were. After Engineers I don't know what else to expect any more.

I love the new quality of life changes but I hate how the "major" updates that people paid for turn out to be so horribly lackluster. I hope that makes sense.
>>
>>145626001
It can only get better from here. It produces great backgrounds.
>>
>>145627702
Not sure if Python or Anaconda is more fun to play with though. What do?
>>
File: Contacts 1.jpg (276KB, 1280x960px)
Contacts 1.jpg
276KB, 1280x960px
>>145626001

>I love the new quality of life changes but I hate how the "major" updates that people paid for turn out to be so horribly lackluster. I hope that makes sense.

No, I get you. The smaller changes, fixes and qol stuff are usually suggestions, the new mission board, for example, came about because someone threw out a photoshop on reddit that got popular. Hell, even the screenshot camera was someones idea back during release. Frontier has ideas, they have the vision but the vision is blind. They don't know how to implement anything right. They have to be shown.
>>
>>145628278
go big or go home
>>
>>145628278
>buying paint jobs
>>
>>145628278
what black magic did you use to make python not-shit?
>>
>>145629291
>being poor

>>145629398
A rate everything, large shield, 2 scb's that I toggle between, fixed on lower, turrets on top, cargo bays, collector drones, srv bay, advanced discovery scanner, reactive armor, shield boosters, some mods to engines / fsd, and the pirate paint job. Can also fit a refinery on there and a single C2 mining laser to mine for polonium while being pretty much invincible.
>>
>>145629291
Back when I still thought the game had potential I bought a few. Then Horizons landed and I lost any hope that they will progress beyond these grind mechanics.
>>
>>145629291
It was $2.50 on sale and I'm not a poorfag, so fuck it. It scares the shit out of the dads when I park over them at engineer bases.
>>
File: 1450996322845.png (29KB, 213x248px) Image search: [Google]
1450996322845.png
29KB, 213x248px
>only play as trader/smuggler
>keep getting dicked by the AI
>see that mines are actually useful now to get rid of AI that are chasing you
>put some on my asp
>get interdicted
>throw a ton of mines while flying straight and boosting
>mines do nothing
>shields drop in seconds and instantly get FSD failure
>get railgun and missile spammed to death

i dont know what im doing wrong
>>
>>145630962
I've been interdicted by vipers cobras dropships and vultures and survived EZ

as soon as you drop, deploy hardpoints, lock the dude, 4 pips to shields 2 to engines and boost while holding down the fire button

you need launchers in all hardpoints and A grade thrusters

the worst I've had I got down to 53% hull and I use C3 bi weave shields without shield boosters. Unsurprisingly, that was a railgun sidewinder that did it
>>
>>145629749
wut weapons

also >fixed on python
lol
>>
>>145630962

Assuming that you are using the Asp Explorer, put one on each of the small hardpoints. The two medium hardpoints will just cause your mines to self destruct to avoid collisions with your ship.

Then you need to make sure they are directly at your 6, and on the same relative plane as you and launch mindlessly.
>>
>>145630962
>he can't beat the interdiction minigame
Top kek
>>
>>145632243
it depends partially on your speed and ability to turn, so in a big fat slow ship you get interdicted very easily
>>
File: oPqk5Oy.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px)
oPqk5Oy.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>145631694

Picture for reference, since I was lazy before. The medium launchers don't fly over the top of the asp unless you are applying some thrust, so you are better off using the small ones.

Thing is you need to make sure they are following you from behind, otherwise they won't trigger the mines, if the enemy is coming from an angle, they will never fly into them.
>>
>>145630962
Make sure the mines are on their path, so start by boosting some before you start laying mines (deploy chaff & let point defense do its stuff in the meantime) to put them in their trajectory as much as possible.

Spread out the 4 or however many launchers over two firing groups so the distance between pairs of mines is halved vs. firing 4 at once (not sure if this is better but works for me).

I have two shock mine launchers and two regulars for added options (shock are better for slowing down, at least I think, so better if you're unlucky enough to get interdicted by a really strong and fast ship that you can only hope to slow down).
>>
>>145632243
Try beating it in anything bigger than Cobra, dad
>>
are we an hour out from next neetbux cycle?
>>
>>145614019
elite is supposed to be nearly unobtainable
you either have to have no life or be an (elite)
>>
>>145635013
affirmative CMDR
>>
File: 314787888.png (146KB, 413x305px)
314787888.png
146KB, 413x305px
is there any other good way to earn money outside of sothis/ceos runs? doing that shit drains what little soul the VISION left me
>>
>>145636417
Well if you don't mind the passive money you can afk farm merits while you are sleeping or at work or something.
And you know, there's always ____P_A_I_N_I_T_E____ but it's harder to pull of nowadays.
>>
>>145636417
If you farmed the merits, find yourself a comfy High RES or HAZRES and enjoy some double bounties for the week.
>>
>>145621635
I'm almost certain the maneuverability ratings are nothing more than how much speed you lose diverting power from engines.
>>
>>145614019
>Go out exploran and shit. Accumulate ~100mil worth of exploration data.
>Merit grind with afk turrets until you get 20k merit.
>Defect to the Asian guy and have rank 5.
> > > > >200% profit from exploration data in controlled systems.
>Spend week selling all that data.
>Elite when CMDR?
>NOW
>>
Anyone know ETA for servers coming back online?
>>
>>145621635
>>145640556
The manoeuvrability stats (alongside every other stat shown in-game) are horribly misinformative. Only trust in information acquired by dataminer autists on reddit or the gulag. There's detailed ship and weapon performance charts on the forums and some videos on youtube.

>>145641412
Hopefully never so I have a reason to stop playing this sh... It usually takes 2-3 hours for them to do server updates IIRC
>>
>>145641669
>Only trust in information acquired by dataminer autists on reddit or the gulag. There's detailed ship and weapon performance charts on the forums and some videos on youtube.
I know in the new interface when you equip thrusters it gives you some agility information. I bet it's wrong though.
>>
File: iPython.jpg (285KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iPython.jpg
285KB, 1280x720px
>>145636417
It's less soul-consuming than Robigo and it takes less time. The only thing that makes us brain dead is switching modes to get the right missions.
>>
>>145642014
Are you posting that image on every thread?
>>
How's this on the Vive?
>>
>>145643546
I'm curious about this too. I've been playing on my DK2 and VR changes everything for me. For me it feels like a whole new game in VR. Also its much easier for me to fight with the increased awareness from the constant free-look.
>>
>>145545074
We are making a new one ;--)

>>145643546
No personal experience. I'll get back to you in a week on how it is on the Rift CV though.
>>
>>145643702
Tally-ho CMDR!
>>
>>145643546
I heard it was bugged. I don't know if they already fix it or not.
>>
I'm actually doing missions to slowly progress towards the Fed rank required for the Corvette. Have I been blinded by the vision, /edg/?
>>
>>145640616
But what if the fix the turret glitch by the time I come back?
>>
>>145644701
I don't see anyone reporting that bug
>>
>>145644449
Yes. And no. I like doing missions and 'roleplaying' and making stories in my head. However I already own a Corvette and enough capital that I don't need to worry about anything anymore.

>>145644701
Lots of variables in your case. If you farm 80k merits which takes several days of continuous farm. Then you defect and you have 4 weeks to explore. In 4 weeks, with active playing you can acquire enough exploration data for Elite. Especially if you manage to get a lot of first discoveries.

>>145644781
It doesn't mean that FDEV doesn't notice a sudden spike in rank 5s and crashes in crime sweeps. No wait I take that back, I doubt ftroop notices fucking anything.
>>
>>145644781
I wonder if they can see players getting to rank 5 unusually fast.. Having 50mil every week is gansta tho
>>
>>145645115
If only I could buy the ranks with credits. Money aplenty, but I never bothered with ranks until now.
>>
>>145645129
If looking for it, they can see all. But knowing Ftroop, they wouldn't bother with it. until the dads start crying about it
>>
>>145645206
I remember desperately doing the donation shit on Christmas eve when it was still possible thinking that I have to before they patch it, and then they did.

>>145645279
Back in the day when regular turreting was still possible they reset your money if you got too much of it.
>>
>>145645364
Hmm is 85k merits too much?
>>
>>145645450
Obviously not. The more the better. Just remember the 50% decay.
>>
File: exploration.jpg (2MB, 3528x1984px) Image search: [Google]
exploration.jpg
2MB, 3528x1984px
Why is exploring so fucking boring? Is anyone aside of the dads honestly enjoying it?
>>
>>145646503
Because there's nothing not boring about it, you load screen to a new system, you scan it, if there is anything worth scanning you close to within touching distance to scan the surface then load screen to another system.

I'm not sure how they can make it interesting to be honest
>>
File: 1466067735515.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1466067735515.png
1MB, 852x854px
I haven't played since just before Horizons came out. I bought it recently because I need my empty space but what do I need to catch up on?
>>
>>145646587
Wouldn't take much but the game would have to be fundamentally different and closer to their sales pitch and we all know the server can't just generate gold rush events.
>>
>>145646802
funzones
>>
>>145646587
Not anymore. The whole supercruise mechanic is a pretty fucking mind-numbing exercise. Flying in a straight line with nothing to see. Space is pretty fucking boring. There's nothing there. Random encounters are cool, but >>>>random and when you don't want to deal with some bullshit it sucks to have to deal with bullshit.

I know the lore reasons why you jump to 'stars' but having a station 1 million Ls away from said star is stupid. Just pointless sitting and doing nothing.

>>145647017
See >>145176614
>>
>>145647580
Part about funzones intended for >>145646802
>>
File: 6069989.gif (59KB, 183x199px)
6069989.gif
59KB, 183x199px
>tfw anon blessed us with secrets of funzones
>and /edg/ didnt betrayed him
>>
File: 1465768955904.png (270KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
1465768955904.png
270KB, 400x473px
>Fdev FINALLY talked with Drew
wew lads, guess that means we're back on track for one (1) four sentence galnet post a month
>>
>>145647831
Is it seriously our secret still?
I wonder if P A I N I T E anon will ever share his secrets again.

It could that since we went full necron and stayed hibernated for so long that ribbit folk and dads think we are dead.
>>
>>145647580
That guide is probably no longer true since expansion systems changed
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>tfw Lavigny Duval is expanding again
Rev up those turrets boiz
>>
>>145648343
ALD is expanding still, you just look from her information what system has expansion and go there.
>>
So what these new material descriptions at engineers help?
>>
File: dock 51.jpg (288KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
dock 51.jpg
288KB, 1280x852px
>>145647969
some things are best kept hidden
>>
Fuck, I stopped playing some months ago and now I came back I'm in the Lagoon Nebula, I remember I was in my way to the center of the galaxy.

Should I try to go there, or just go back to the bubble, grab my Viper and do some pew pew?
How can you make exploring less boring?
>>
>>145651551
Unless you really like exploring go for it. There's nothing there.

Personally I'd come back to the bubble for some gameplay
>>
>>145651791
I like space. But I feel that if I want to move around space with nothing to do I'm better "playing" Space Engine.

Yeah I'm going back to the bubble, unless I get bored again before that.
>>
File: elite.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
elite.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>145651551
I did that once
ship is still there
sitting somewhere
it was the only way for me to escape the vision
>>
>>145651551
Buy horizon
>>
File: image.jpg (416KB, 1920x1390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416KB, 1920x1390px
>>145652974
NOW
>>
what systems are good for erp
>>
>>145654213
17 virgins
>>
So, which of the Federal ships is the best, and which the worst?
>>
>>145655539
If you want to go full DAKKA: Gunship
If you want to grind RES: FAS (Or Corvette)
If you want to railgun nuke shitters: Dropship
If you want to ram plebs: Corvette

Probably dropship is the worst in terms of usability.
>>
File: boredbabby.jpg (13KB, 359x299px) Image search: [Google]
boredbabby.jpg
13KB, 359x299px
>>145655790
I want the Corvette so, so bad. But dat fed rank.
I'm actually doing missions to slowly, slowly grind rank just as the Dads suggested. It is the only way.
>>
File: notworthit.jpg (501KB, 1920x1080px)
notworthit.jpg
501KB, 1920x1080px
>>145656034
>tfw I finally got the Corvette
>'Is this it? Is this what I did all that grinding for?'
>d a t s p e e d or lack thereof
>Those two useless huge hardpoints (back then there were no huge lasers)
Now I just fly a gunship full of dakka or a railgun FDL. Much more enjoyable and fun.

I know what you are thinking. You are in the state where I was 7-8 months ago. But it isn't really worth the regular grind. If some donation exploit turns up then do that. Otherwise stick to the __________________________(fun)__________________________
>>
>>145656310
>fun
>>
>>145656310
As if my current battleconda is any faster. And, two hueg multicannons are the things I dream about. That and hunting Adle's Armadads in a wing of dread pirates.
>>
What the fuck did they do to the game? I tried hunting bounties and the 3rd guy I engaged destroyed all my weapons in seconds after my shield was down.
>>
>>145656703
>implying you will ever be instanced with anyone else.
Anaconda could dish out a larger dps at least before the new huge weapons update.

>>145656709
4 pips to sys.
>>
>>145656709
Bet it's related to how missile weapons can hit external modules now.
>>
I'm looking do USS' I need chemical manipulators. Should I stay in game system or change form time to time and optimal speed to patrol?
>>
File: dago.jpg (36KB, 800x646px) Image search: [Google]
dago.jpg
36KB, 800x646px
kekkingly kek.
Elite Dadgerous works with my Gear VR plebset!
And when set to a HQ stream, it looks pretty decent as well.
>>
>servers maintenance in 30min
RIP turret farm?
>>
File: 323254253.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
323254253.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
DE BINTER IS COMIG :DDDD
>>
>>145659967
well meme'd CMDR
>>
>>145659967
Even a shitty space game let players own capital ship

fuck this game
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 700x700px)
image.jpg
95KB, 700x700px
>quick update
No plz
>>
File: Dont minmax my game.png (35KB, 1286x231px) Image search: [Google]
Dont minmax my game.png
35KB, 1286x231px
>>145661045
If only...
Although, I'm starting to enjoy the smaller craft more than the larger.

>>145661202
>>145659947
Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.
>>
>>145655790
>Full DAKKA: Gunship
Yes
>Grind RES: FAS
YES
>Railgun nuke shitters: Dropship
Maybe
>Ram Plebs: Corvette
Hell no. Orca is a billion times better for ramming, its literally ramming: the ship. Like an actual Orca, it'll hurt you just by bumping into you.
>>
>>145664776
Just listed the usecases of those specific ships.
Surely an FDL is a nicer railgun spammer than the dropshit for example.
>>
Imperial Hammer or Railgun?
>>
>>145665062
Railgun.
All the power specific modules are fucking useless with the exception of prismatic shields.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265584-Remove-RES-from-the-game

Excellent idea. Why have RES? It just encourages farmers and silly grinders to avoid playing the game. Why not use your brain to hunt bounties instead of mindless killing as if this were Call of Duty? *shudder* I hope Frontier listens.
>>
>>145667364
>antagonizing the grinding crowds
I'm fucking done with those dads
>>
I hate AI in this game
>empty cargo
>np
>1 unit of ANYTHING
>get interdirected 20 times
Fucking RE
>>
>>145667364
>some people get accomplishment from playing video games for prolonged periods
>prevent them from doing it
Yeah. Seems like a wonderful idea.
>>
>>145667806

Well they need to give their wife's son a juice box from time to time, while their wife is out "studying."
>>
>here comes dat AI
>flawless 3km aim with dem plasma guns that take your shield of in a second
>wadup
>>
>>145656858
Anaconda has the edge in theoretical DPM. That assumes you're hitting with all of your hardpoints, though, and the huge and bottom large are very difficult to keep on target. The Corvette has much better weapon placement and the two huges have an enormous firing arc, so in reality its more likely the Corvette will be doing more damage.
>>
>>145667364
Well, he's right in that RES shit is grindy as fuck, and I'd prefer it if we had an actual bounty board with mugshots and criminal offenses listed, and we had to actually track them down and take them out for a big payoff, maybe scoop up their escape pod to deliver them alive for a bigger reward, etc.

But I know Fdev isn't going to do that, so removing RES would essentially just be removing profitable bounty hunting from the game entirely.
>>
>>145670892
A dice roll. That's all it would take on Fdev's part. Make them roll the dice with range modifiers and see whether or not they hit you.
>>
Anyone else in Ceos/Sothis unable to get more biowaste missions? I think it's dead, and so is my desire to continue.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265741-Would-you-Rather-Have-Players-Opt-out-of-NPC-Interdiction-Or-Just-Quit
>>
>another week of no CGs
>>
>>145675345
sorry we got no programmers bro
-fdev

sent from my iphone, near Hawaii
>>
OP here, bump the thread if you want to live
>>
So how are these launchers fighters suppose to last with the new AI. Also did they nerf HAZ res sites? They just keep spawning faction ships with no bounties

The fuck is going on with this game
>>
>>145677930
The only audience that FDev listen to are the masochistic forum Dads who don't mind grinding 2 hours a week for 7 years to get a corvette. God forbid they listen to the people ( sane people who want a fun space game that doesn't require you to sell your sanity) who won't just enable shitty game design choices by bootlicking the everlasting shit out of the devs.

Games have fanboys and defence forces, I get it, but the people that inhabit the fucking Frontier forums are beyond fanatic. It's like Frontier is Slaanesh or some shit, they must be if the forum Dads can turn something so painful into a twisted form of pleasure.
>>
Going to roll FSD 5 upgrade in few min. Make bets, will post results
>>
Do you guys think that braben and his designers even play this game? Like I wonder how they feel about the grind
>>
>>145679178
Of course they don't.
Of if they do, they roll around in maxed out Cutters and Corvettes with eleven billion credits and wonder why everyone is bitching.
>>
>>145673078

I am still able to. Although I am at the point where I am wondering why normal cargo missions in the bubble don't pay out like this.
>>
>>145679178
of course not
>>
>>145679178
I listened to their live stream when Horizons came out on xbone and one of the xbox producers said that he haven't tried Engineers but later said that everyone should because try are awesome, then he said that he doesn't get a lot of time to play but when he does his wife gets upset that he sits alone in computer room so because of that he is playing elite on his windows pad while streaming it form xbone so the he could sit and watch tv with wife
>>
Is this game good yet? I stopped playing shortly after 1.3 after playing since release.
>>
>>145678397
15%
>>
>>145679662
Go to the main fdve forums, Reddit, and read this thread to get a feel of how people love the game
>>
>>145679178

In some interview Braben said he did, and that missions didn't feel impactful enough, because players were just doing the same repetitive things. And yet nothing has really changed, because giving 50% more cuckbucks per mission really doesn't change anything.
>>
>>145679993
not worth coming back then? I liked pirating and dinking around CG's in my Cobra even though I had much better ships.
>>
>>145679178

We joke about the VISION but I think Braben and Sandro and co. legitimately know what they want to do to the game, and I really do think they are trying their hardest to get Elite to be the best game they can possibly make. The issue is that they just have no experience making a game like this. Frontier has only made mobile games, Kinectimals, rollercoaster sims, and I think a couple of mediocre WiiU games. You can look at their implementation of CQC and the recent Engineers patch to see just how clueless they are, but how they do mean well and do try to take player feedback into account. FD bit off more than they can chew, and their incompetence in making a good open-world multiplayer game shows clear as day.
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px)
image.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
Spent 7 hours today getting to rank 5 and gathering materials. I'm mad. grade 4 upgrade could give me better range.
>20% less power draw
t-thanks
>>
>>145680745
I think the game is great on short burst. Cruising around or exploring with the interstellar sound track is always fun. I mean the flight model and combat is pretty good. I feel like Everytime I spend more than 2-3 hours on the game it starts to feel like a grind. Yes there's technically a lot to do but there is no depth what so ever
>>
first time in /edg/. where do I find the most players to slay in open? spent all of last night terrorizing eravate in my federal assault ship but killing sidewinders eventually does get old. also does anyone want to wing up sometime for killing all the casuls?
>>
>>145681467
>casuls
You clearly need to lurk more
>>
>>145681467

>seal clubbing in Eravate

pls. Go to Aisling's HQ and fuck up leddit dads.
>>
>>145680979
I honestly think they're a little confused as to what they actually want the game to be. They know they want it to be the biggest baddest space sim available, but they aren't quite sure how they want to achieve that. Should it be through a single player focus or a multiplayer focus? They have these features like the background sim and powerplay, that absolutely scream, big organized mulitplayer groups, but the rest of the game is designed with a singleplayer focus, and it all just comes together really sloppily, and you have the worst aspects of both types of games being amplified by that. If this were to be single player game then there should be no reason for there to be so much grind, but that sort of gring works in an MMO since it encourages people to group up and take on the grind together, yet ED doesn't really reward group or team play in any meaningful way, all rewards are oriented toward individual players. By the same token a multiplayer focused game need to have way more community features than ED currently presents, as well as hubs and ways to direct players in to common areas where they can meet each other, as well as goal players need to coordinate in order to acomplish, Elite does none of this which is why it's often so hard to find other players, and when you do there's a general fear that another player is just going to kill you, since that's really the only meaningful contact two players can have. The whole thing just comes off as confused.
>>
what the fuck is FD doing on all these vacations?

>Greetings CMDRs, heres 2.1, only a couple months behind schedule
>time for a vacation!
>we're back from vacation for E3! We're a partner in the PC gaming show, but arent actually doing anything
>time for a vacation!
When they come back it'll only be a couple weeks till bong school holidays, which they'll have to take off to look after the wifes son
>>
>>145682001
It's a European thing, apparently they all get fuckloads of time off throughout the year. UK for example has to, by law, offer a minimum of 5 and a half week of paid leave each year.
>>
>>145682351
>five and a half weeks off
Jesus tittyfucking christ.
My boss would have a stroke if someone took five weeks off a year.
>>
>>145681641
:(
>>145681672
i'll keep that in mind. only problem is i aligned with aisling for the sweet prismatics. i can't get negative merits can i?
>>
>>145682351
In practise you get less than that as most employers include bank holidays and the christmas-new year period in that.
>>
File: engaginggameplay_2016-06-16_1.jpg (3MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
engaginggameplay_2016-06-16_1.jpg
3MB, 4000x2250px
>>145682001
they are trying to figure out how create engaging and emergent game play you silly goose
>>
>>145679336
>implying that they fly anything other than Cobras
>>
>>145682351
>>145682621
I live in the UK and it seems like FD takes a shitton of vacations

The holiday entitlement for a full time worker is about 28 days, and 9 are used for bank holidays which leaves 19 days. Call it 4 weeks of holiday that the employee can assign. Perhaps it just the lack of content being added/patched but It feels like FD is out of office for more than 1 month a year, even with a bunch of 3 day weekends.
>>
>>145684157
Braben flies an >ASP[1]

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E267qO6Bv64
>>
>>145683615
>christmas-new year period
christmas day and new years day are bank holidays but the rest is normal workdays. A lot of places that give you time off over christmas/new year will take it out of the 5.6 weeks entitlement. FD released horizions and then took 2 weeks off (if i remember right).
>>
>>145684539
pretty funny, but I hope that faggot necks himself for laughing like that.
>>
>>145684747
Most employers here that aren't retail will make you take the time off and take it out of your entitlement.

5.6 weeks is for part time jobs.
>>
I just found out that cargo racks from wreckages give very rare mats. Found antimony, ruthenium and tellurium. Anyone got one that spawns polonium? these engineer mats are fucking impossible to find.
>>
>>145685218
>tfw I get 2 week vacations per year
well senpai, you know what to do
>>
>>145686626
senpai, word filters are back desu
>>
>>145681168
shit, rank 3 can give better results than a bad rank 5 roll
>>
>>145688915
ah I see
you have to divert power to ENG before rolling to get the best results
I recommend 4 pips to ENG1 pips to SYS and WEP
fly safe CMDR
>>
>>145689453
Always 4 pips to SYS. Always.
>>
>>145689453
>>145689613
is this a meme I don't understand?
>>
File: 1919377ng.png (26KB, 192x191px) Image search: [Google]
1919377ng.png
26KB, 192x191px
>EG cucked Adle's Armadads AGAIN
>>
>>145689849
I for one welcome Space Russia
>>
File: 1459434113230.jpg (97KB, 480x773px)
1459434113230.jpg
97KB, 480x773px
>>145689849
>>145689980
>herewego.avi
>>
>>145689679
its a joke
forumdads defend the op AI by accusing other players not doing pip management when faced with plasma auto cannon npcs
>>
>>145690046
These are the corp russians, there's another group that is communist russians
>>
>>145685218
I know it happens at some places but i've never worked a job that made you take the christmas/new year period off, and the only people i know who are made to are teachers.

5.6 weeks is the entitlement for full and part time work, but the actual amount you get is worked out by multiplying the number of days worked a week by 5.6. 5 days a week is 28 days leave, 3 days a week is 16.8 days leave.
>>
>>145690046
damn /vg/ is fast today
STOP POSTING ON OTHER THREADS YOU COMMIE BASTARDS
>>
>pretty far out in the space
>aprox behind the core
>just a regular star scan and system map check
>notice what looked like an earth like planet
>but it had that blue symbol which indicated you could land on it
>what.jpg
>of course I went there, thankfully I had my SRV
>as I approached the planed I didn't notice anything special
>on the map it looked like it had sky, water and some green
>but in reality looked something like mars, redish
>since I already landed decide to ride SRV for a while, nice change of pace I thought and maybe find some much needed materials
>almost an entire hour passes of me cracking stones
>nothing but the common shit, few Arseniks though
>suddenly I noticed a very strong signal on my srv
>it kinda resembeled the signal you get when close to those flying drones
>since I'm this far out unlikely
>probably those barnakles, wouldn't be too bad
>signal was unusually strong
>continued driving towards it
>then I finnaly came over the hill I saw something amazing
>a huge fricking pyramind
>and it even had an entrance
>barely collected my thoughts and went straight in there
>place was really dark
>srv lights didn't help, could still see the interior at least
>smoke started filling my srv, as if I was overheating but I definitely wasn't
>everything went black
>>
>>145692817
I don't believe your lies. Spoopy story though.
>>
Is Horizons worth it?
>>
>>145693973
not really. If you want it then wait for a sale
>>
>>145692817
>wake up tied on the floor right in the middle of a very dark big room
>really confused at what was going on, not realizing the situation
>tried to get free but someone or something tied me pretty good
>also I wasn't in my clothes at all but in some rags
>panic started to kick in
>started moving a lot trying to get free
>that probably caused some attention because I started hearing loud slow footsteps approaching
>in few seconds "it" walked in to the room
>it had robes on and face was really well covered but it kind of looked like lizard. Not sure though it was dark
>it started mumbling something
>I think it was saying 'noisiv' over and over
>oh shit
>realize that this is probably the thargoid I've heard so much about on galactic forum
>started to get more intense and sweat like a pig
>it stooped mumbling and after few seconds walked away
>complete silence for few minutes
>then some kind of contraption triggered making metallic sound
>noticed small holes opened up all around my position
>something below me started making growling sounds
>>
>>145692817
>>145694258
oh shit nigga you discovered Raxxla and it's actually a trap for sex slaves
>>
>>145694180
Reading about it, the crafting system seems kind of cool but the rest if pretty meh. I'll probably wait until 3.0 and see if they require 2.0 to get 3.0, or if they give you 2.0 for buying 3.0 or however they handle that shit
>>
>>145694258
>started hearing these slimy sounds coming out of the holes
>then I saw something crawling out of one of the holes
>shortly after each hole had one of those coming out of it
>those things looked like octopus' tentacles but different
>each one had slightly different shape and size
>some of them rose above me, some started crawling up to me
>the one on the middle, above my head , it was bigger than the rest...few times bigger
>I panicked hard
>some of the tentacles started twisting around my ankles and wrists
>somehow I was untied already, but now instead I was held by them
>they lifted me up and turned me on my stomach and spread my legs
>I stared screaming
>all seemed helpless
>I looked at what was happening behind me
>one of the smaller tentacles started approaching me from behind like a snake
>I started struggling more but the tentacles around my ankles and wrists twisted harder, putting me in a lot of pain
>i relaxed of a second and the tentacles let loose a bit
>i understood that they want me to keep still
>>
>>145695754
>when it approached me it gently took of clothing that was on me
>I was completely naked but it wasn't cold or maybe I couldn't have been bothered to be cold at the moment
>small tentacle made its way to my thigh, it felt tingly and warm
>I felt it slowly approaching my ass
>I flinched
>tentacles that were holding me reminded me not to move by squeezing harder
>small tentacle started to massage my anus
>very slowly and gently
>sometimes it felt like it went in half an inch but no further than so
>I was still somewhat shaky
>few minutes passed, like this
>the tentacle went away
>I looked behind me and saw another one approach
>it was bigger, about the size of an average cucumber
>it made it's way towards me leaving a slimy trail
>>
This place reinforces my faith in humanity
>>
>>145696732
>the cucumber like tentacle went right for my anus
>I tried clenching my sphincter as hard as I could but tentacle's slimy nature allowed it to slip right through
>it didn't hurt
>the tentacle didn't go deep
>instead it stayed inch or two deep and massaged my prostate
>all the prostate simulating made me get an erection
>while I was getting harder I didn't notice how several smaller tentacles approached my penis and stared stoking it
>the cucumber tentacle left and I was turned 180 degrees
>now my ass pointed at the huge tentacle I mentioned earlier
>>
>>145697802
>the main tentacle also went straight for my ass
>it started to insert itself slowly
>I couldn't help but moan
>new tentacle, which had a hole on top of it, started incerting my penis in to it self, mimicking a blow job
>tentacle in my ass started doing thrusting motions
>faster and faster
>deeper and deeper
>more tentacle appeared
>they started squeezing my nipples
>other were massaging my back, arms, legs
>cucumber tentacle approached me and put itself in my mouth and started doing thrusting movements as well
>this went on
>I couldn't take it anymore
>I came
>never in my life had I experienced stronger orgasm
>tentacles noticed
>the big one in my ass and the one in my mouth came at the same time
>they filled me with worm substance
>I was so aroused I came again
>all tentacles went back to their holes
>I was untied
>lying there in euphoric sensation
>the alien came back and said 'noisiv' again
>I replied "Vision!"
>>
>>145697992
Now, I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but I'm pretty sure that this is hella gay.
>>
File: 20160606090210_1.jpg (422KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160606090210_1.jpg
422KB, 2560x1440px
does it look like a big black cock?
>>
>>145698478
You are right you're not an expert.
Gay means homosexual. Definition of homosexual - a person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex.
Those tentacle are a different species and don't have to be male.
>>
I can't this fucking game
>start game after not playing for a few weeks
>no idea where I am, was in the spirograph nebula last I remember trying to go to barnard's loop
>true feeling of being lost in space
>look around the galaxy map, try to get my bearings
>cant plot any routes
>do some digging and learn the entire col 70 sector, horsehead, and surrounding galaxy is closed by the space police for some reason
>thousands of light years from home near what might either be some kind of alien invasion or intergalactic calamity

help me dads im scared
>>
File: 20160529210533_1.jpg (374KB, 2560x1440px)
20160529210533_1.jpg
374KB, 2560x1440px
fourteen whole light years, a 4A fuel scoop, and slightly expanded fuel tank.

bubblebeast
>>
>>145698882
if you're IN a permitted system, investigate and give updates
If you're not, head out the the outer arm and loop around to inhabited space
>>
File: 20160501124107_1.jpg (481KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160501124107_1.jpg
481KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: ayy.jpg (5KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
5KB, 192x192px
This is still a thing?
>>
I just started playing Elite, did most of the training missions. I did the introductory assignment to go to the station. Then I took a head hunting mission. But how do I track the person? I managed to find them once, followed them in the interplanetary travel mode. But then over shot them. How.. well what do I do at that point? I'm really lost.
>>
File: 2015-11-27_00012.jpg (280KB, 2560x1440px)
2015-11-27_00012.jpg
280KB, 2560x1440px
>>145699547
come back to bed, horsecock.

:3
>>
File: Torbjorn.jpg (2MB, 2875x2155px) Image search: [Google]
Torbjorn.jpg
2MB, 2875x2155px
>>145699650
in 5 mins
>>
File: 20160528175056_1.jpg (503KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160528175056_1.jpg
503KB, 2560x1440px
>>145699642
if i'm not mistaken, the scanning of navigation beacons inside of missions systems can reveal info about stuff pertaining to the contract. if you're wanting to pull someone out of supercruise, though, you will need an FSD interdictor.
>>
>>145699902
Am I at a disadvantage playing on a controller? I honestly feel really overwhelmed by all the information available to me from the start. Like.. how come I can't accept the illegal mission ?
>>
File: 20160529210401_1.jpg (350KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160529210401_1.jpg
350KB, 2560x1440px
>>145700716
control schemes in this game are something i'm unwilling to comment on past 'keep trying' as i'm using a full hotas and pedals.

i don't know what you're encountering on the second note. you may need higher reputation with whatever given faction you're going through.

keep at it and don't give up. try to commit things to memory and think about everything you do.

knowledge is the single greatest resource a cmdr can possess. you have to actively try and learn as you play. the more you learn, the less you'll think, and the less you think, the closer to elite you will find yourself.
>>
>>145701942
+rep right on cmdr o7 haha
>>
>>145702603
haha thanks senpai
>>
File: spoons rattling.jpg (22KB, 500x350px)
spoons rattling.jpg
22KB, 500x350px
>dunkey makes an E3 video
>FD's show wasnt even mentioned in it

I imagine he has no interest in the game, but I want to believe he's playing it and preparing a 20 minute video to rip FD to shreds. Someone needs to.
>>
>>145701942
Is there a discord server I can join or like a VG group that could help me?
>>
File: 20160416095926_1.jpg (360KB, 2560x1440px)
20160416095926_1.jpg
360KB, 2560x1440px
>>145703283
you may add me on steam if you feel like it, ID is Plaxinov.
>>
>>145703541
Sent
>>
>>145576362

>you'll never bust a fat zero-g nut on your Aisling Duval bobblehead while dropping out of supercruise
>>
>>145699902
How do you scan a nav beacon?
>>
File: 20160602205757_1.jpg (428KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160602205757_1.jpg
428KB, 2560x1440px
>>145704615
be close to it, aim your ship at it, and lock it.

the scan will be quick and automatic.
>>
File: qt.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
we're back?!

again???
>>
Sittinh drivers ed right now, inb4 underage b&ed, 22 now and took bus back in the city but in sticks now and need a license to survive and I can't help but feel like pilots education would be just as bullshit in the future as it is now.
Thoughts? Insults?
>>
File: 2016-03-05_00001.jpg (332KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05_00001.jpg
332KB, 2560x1440px
>>145705354
i got my license at 16.

driving a car is fucking boring after playing this shit
>>
File: Screenshot_0059.jpg (290KB, 1680x1050px)
Screenshot_0059.jpg
290KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>tfw 10% in cg

a rated fsd lads
>>
File: sex.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
sex.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
post your dadships itt
>>
File: 2016-01-07_00001.jpg (453KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_00001.jpg
453KB, 2560x1440px
>>145708084
what counts as a dadship?

FDL? Cutter?

cobra for sure.
>>
>>145708671
The endgame ASP and stealth Diamondbacks.
>>
>>145708671

Any ship that isn't a pure combat ship.
We don't promote griefing here :^)
>>
Is it worth it to lose my soul doing bulk trading for a few months just to have a decent amount of spending money to fuck around with?
>>
>>145709726
switch up your money source or you'll be a necron like the rest of us
>>
>>145710906
It seems like bulk trading is the only way to make money with a favorable exchange rate relative to my time and effort
I tried combat but I don't have a handle on how to make big bucks and am risk averse
missions seem to have shit returns compared to bulk trading
i forget the other methods
>>
File: 7589789857895.jpg (85KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
7589789857895.jpg
85KB, 500x348px
>>145711431
Ok anon, have fun
>>
>>145711431

I do bulk trading the most, as well as community goals to mix it up. If there's a combat cg I'll usually do enough to stay in top 50% or 25% if it's not too much of a hassle in regards to station placement and the like, but if it's a trade cg like now I go for top 10%. It's probably the fastest way to earn dosh, and cgs makes it a tiny bit less soulcrushing.

If you aren't already using it, eddb.io is your friend.
>>
File: 1465703847506.gif (222KB, 311x239px) Image search: [Google]
1465703847506.gif
222KB, 311x239px
A
FUCKING
WHEEL
>>
File: Elite Parking.jpg (489KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Parking.jpg
489KB, 1920x1080px
>>145708084
>>
>>145713492

how

why

who
>>
File: 1463969614560.jpg (13KB, 287x319px) Image search: [Google]
1463969614560.jpg
13KB, 287x319px
>>145713359
>getting three unique effects across four pulse lasers with the dweller on my first visit

and for a while my fdl was a fucking disco

ditched them all for base grade M-cannons not long after, too.
>>
>>145713359
>>145714541

I did five one-hour stints on five different planets and got one single material required for a level 1 engie upgrade

Decided to stop grinding and let the upgrades come naturally from progressing through the game as normal. i.e. never
>>
File: 1465286636855.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1465286636855.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>145714794
there's a spot on shinrartah dezhra 1 that seethes arsenic. absolutely ludicrous how easy it is to find there. by a patch of discoloration near wandrei base, if i'm not mistaken.

of course you've gots to be elite to get there.
>>
>>145715064
>of course you've gots to be elite to get there.

there's rank blocked systems?
>>
>>145715064
I searched a planet for a good 2 hours for arsenic, found one unit. Then I came across a mission that gave me 10 as a reward.
>>
>>145715140
why would the Elite Pilot's Federation allow anything so lowly and dirty other than a founder into their space?

it is indeed a system that requires a permit only unlocked upon maxing out one of your elite ranks. prestiging in CQC will also open another system for you.

Shinrartah Dezhra has all ships and all modules with a ten percent discount.
>>
>>145715140

unless you can travel back in time to kickstart the game and become a founder, yes.
>>
>>145715310
>10% discount

why should I care when space chinaman gives a 15% discount to everyone?

seriously, chinaman is best power
>>
>>145716019

I'd sacrifice 5% discount for the ease of having every ship and module available in all stations in a system.
>>
>>145716019
stay harmless, oolite.
>>
>>145679658
I reallydo hope you're not telling the truth...
>>
>>145716431
He is. Sirius Corp. has standing agreements with all major equipment manufacturers and can offer Commanders hardware at a reduced rate.
>>
should I do it?
>>
>>145717221

why though?
>>
>>145717301
Having everything is like having nothing...
>>
>>145717221

Why not buy a second copy of the game? Then you can support FD and get another CMDR!
>>
>>145717520
Shut the hell up, Pecisk. Damn give it a rest.
>>
>>145717221
if you're asking, you shouldn't do it

starting from scratch sucks.

You could always blow all your money on a shitload of ships, park them and then take off in a sidewinder with only 10k in the bank
>>
>>145717602
What if it was all a lie though? What if you made all your credits on luxury traders, selling slave missions at robigo, exploiting rares and every exploit since 1.0?

I sit on a throne of lies.
>>
>>145717998
I'm gonna give you a piece of wisdom the guys in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. general taught me:

kill yourself
>>
>>145717998
before you die give me all of your money

nambikuara, lukyanenko terminal
>>
>>145718912
Can't transfer credits in this game because no reason.
>>
>>145719695
buy gold or other expensive commodity, exit station, drop it, repeat
>>
>>145718912
I've just realized how long it took to get this rank, nevermind.
>>
I keep thinking about it and I keep thinking about stupid design flaws that FDev have made. Namely this time the Type 9

>Slow as shit
>Has shitty shields
>Only advantage it has over the Anaconda is that it's cheaper

The thing should have moderate shields and a massively sturdy hull, allowing it to soak up ludicrous amounts of damage.
>>
>>145714541
>Hey that shield repair effect was cool can you do that for my other lasers?
>LOL no I don't remember what I did. Vatermann demands 200 tons of brandy from each of you. She hands it out to all of us. I haven't been sober for weeks.
>>
>>145719695
Chinese gold farmers CMDR. Do you want that in Elite?
>>
>>145721389
>You will never stack missile launchers on all hardpoints
>You will never replace your cargo racks with ammo racks
>You will never become the ultimate missile boat and Itano Circus an entire conflict zone.
>>
>>145721907
>there will never be Class 4 Torpedoes.
>>
>>145721389

Use mines I guess. Although I do agree that there's no way in hell I'd fly a T-9 now with the AI being the way it is.
>>
At least you're not as dead as we are, /edg/
>>
>>145722226
>Use mines

I don't pilot it. I'm just thinking about its (and the game's) flaws and how they could be fixed. Such as the arbitrary jump range that they've set on each ship. Every ship can easily have a larger jump range if the game required some non supercruise travel to get to stations.
>>
>>145722259
Anything happened with SC recently? Apart from I guess a space motorcycle.
>>
>>145722259
>Legitimate pre-alpha game
>Expecting much to discuss

Why? Granted, there isn't much more to discuss about ED than just complaining about broken shit.
>>
>>145722505

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15355-Star-Citizen-Alpha-24-Available

Mostly the shit mentioned here. We're all sitting on our hands waiting for Squadron 42.

>>145722529

Did they abandon Elite:Dangerous for the rollercoaster game?
>>
>>145722349

I've never had an issue with jump ranges, but it begs for you to be able to carry modules in cargo and station storage. I can fit my Vulture to be able to jump a decent distance but I have to uninstall a bunch of modules on it to maximize my range, and once I get to my destination I have to hunt down a high tech system to rebuy my modules. It's such a pain in the ass and there isn't much reason for it other than FD just not bothering adding storage.
>>
>>145722682
>Did they abandon Elite:Dangerous for the rollercoaster game?
Different teams I think. But the ED team is fucking incompetent.
>>
>>145722682
>Did they abandon it

No, but they may as well have with some of the dumb shit they keep introducing. Not to mention many expansion features they expect you to pay for that should have been base game. Then there's the bugs that have been in the game for months now, ones that have been around since I started playing a year ago.

>>145722741
I hate jump ranges on almost all ships, simply because of the excessive loading screens I have to constantly sit through. And this is on an explorer/smuggler build Asp. When I used to actually log in I pretty much abandoned my Corvette because having to make 20+ jumps just to get to where my friends are with it is just not worth it.
>>
>>145721389
It also can't jump for shit. That's the biggest problem with it. The conda has marginally smaller cargo capacity but can access significantly more potential trade routes.
>>
>>145721389
It literally costs half as much and can carry almost 100t more cargo. It's a freighter, not a combat ship or a multirole.

The real issue is its shit jump range. If it's built for long hauls then it should be able to jump at least 30LY.
>>
>>145721715
Well that would be a basic feature found in every other MMO like player organizations or decent netcode, and we don't want that, now do we?
>>
>>145723363
100t more is useless with its disadvantages. A freighter should be a hulking behemoth that soaks up fire to keep its product safe. Instead the Type9 reminds me of chinese shit. It works but is cheap and made of shit parts.

And yes, the jump range should be higher, I mentioned that in one of my other posts. But like I said, all ships should have higher jump ranges.
>>
>>145723810
Not the same guy, but i don't know why you'd want a slow and heavily armoured trade ship. Always go with high speed, low armor and high range.
>>
>>145724070
I'm presuming he's thinking that because mega freighters IRL aren't particularly fast. But real freighters carry such gargantuan tons of goods that they make up for their slow speed.

By that approach, the type 9 should be carrying at a minimum 1000+ tons of cargo with its current jump characteristics.
>>
File: 1466042084823.gif (507KB, 172x172px) Image search: [Google]
1466042084823.gif
507KB, 172x172px
fly a cutter instead and trade 728 units ~16ly with FSD upgrades.

shit's ridiculous i'm back to printing creds like it's no one's business damn near faster than before. only complaint is that supply and demand is more sensible now and the margins aren't quite as steady or good.

gutamaya is the shit

hail the empress
>>
>>145700716
If you can play on KBM then that's probably better. Might want to rebind default controls so A and D control roll instead of yaw, but that's a matter of preference really.
>>
>>145724431
>>145724070
Like I said, I have no interest in piloting it. Just thinking about some of the worthless ships and how they could be fixed and the Type9 was one I felt like discussing.
>>
can we stop making these threads?

I just want to forget this game even exists.
>>
File: 2016-02-02_00001.jpg (395KB, 2560x1440px)
2016-02-02_00001.jpg
395KB, 2560x1440px
>>145725758
it's inevitable now, anon.

the vision has reached semi-critical mass
>>
File: giggity.gif (243KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
giggity.gif
243KB, 200x150px
>>145681168
>mfw I just did a rank 4 because stopgap measure and got 34.7%
>then got another 2.8% from a secondary effect

Power draw ended up about as bad as it could possibly get but the FSD isn't a big power hog in the first place so w/e... worth it for 45LY jumps on a fully fueled 415T >Asp
>>
>>145726163

>4 players on one place

That screenshot is fake.
>>
>>145723473
>player organizations or decent netcode
Sounds like EVE (well maybe not the netcode).
>>
>>145725758
>>145726163

I unironically believe we should merge elite and star citizen into one thread. There will be some shitposting, but at least we will probably have a more active thread.
>>
How's E:D compared to X3? I've played that game to death and need something new now
>>
>Z. Hudson is in expansion as well

oh BOYS rev up those turret boats for real, we're back in business
>>
>>145724431
Even in real life they are slower but maybe not THAT slow.
Maersk Triple-Es and CMA CGM Explorers can go 46 km/h top speed. They never do because it wastes fuel but it's possible.
Modern warship like US destroyers and carriers look to be around 56 km/h top speed.
>>
>>145726858
Elite wishes it could be X3.
>>
>>145726858
Cons: Less ship-on-ship interaction, only able to control 1 ship, more dogefighting than tactical tomfoolery, no base construction
Pros: Exploration is an actual thing, planetary landing and buggy driving, and a to scale galaxy to explore instead of hundreds of pre-made "zones"
>>
>>145726534
Bad thing is that anything that is remotely Eve like in suggestion is immediately shit on by the community. Because being like Eve makes the dads scared

>>145726620
It was suggested a while ago. Probably wouldn't hurt to have some space general which included talk about X series, ED, SC, etc. Like GERG
>>
>>145727178
>Exploration is an actual thing
Kind of. Jump, honk, point ship at thing, jump, honk, point ship at thing.
>>
File: 20160501155827_1.jpg (327KB, 2560x1440px)
20160501155827_1.jpg
327KB, 2560x1440px
>>145726295
i cannot wait to see how far i can get an anaconda to jump once i have the dosh lying around for a solid exploration fit, along with the engineering materials necessary.

dat polonium man i've still yet to find a unit
>>
>>145716019

The 10% discount at Founder's World was around before power play came out.

Also it stock all ships and all parts in all sizes and grades.
>>
>>145727178
>Exploration is an actual thing

Don't fool the poor guy into thinking exploration is actually a thing. We all know exploring consists of

>oh hey, here is another planet that looks exactly the same as all the last ones I saw
>>
>>145727206

>It was suggested a while ago. Probably wouldn't hurt to have some space general which included talk about X series, ED, SC, etc. Like GERG

I think we should try this next thread. Just include all the games you just listed in the OP, and call it.... space sim general? Though, SSG is taken.

Space sim games general? SSGG?
>>
>>145727563
>>145727627
Compared to the X series, it IS more explore-y.
However, I will concede that their system for finding stuff is flawed and boring as shit
>>
>>145727660
I tried once when edg and scg ded

kspg were mad, now that they're gone maybe we can

/spaceg/
>>
File: 2015-12-24_00016.jpg (398KB, 2560x1440px)
2015-12-24_00016.jpg
398KB, 2560x1440px
How far has /edg/ gone in exploration?

i hightailed it back immediately after reaching sag A* long ago

pic unrelated but braben won't let you perform terrorist attacks on small outposts like this

it's 3302 man come on
>>
>>145727980

>/spaceg/

Do eet
>>
>>145727964
Which is a pity cause with all the stellar data their fancy Stellar Forge churned out combined with things like supercruise parallax they could have built an interesting science and skill based profession.

But nope, hold a button to watch a bar fill up and then the entire system is discovered.
>>
>>145728203
Oh wait, aceg were mad too
>>
File: 2016-01-24_00001.jpg (496KB, 2560x1440px)
2016-01-24_00001.jpg
496KB, 2560x1440px
>>145728231
worse yet they've referred to exploration as the one area of the game that doesn't require much tuning whatsoever.

i've done a lot of it and it's hardly unbearable, but fuck if it couldn't use some goddamn spice
>>
>>145728697
>Doesn't require much tuning

For fuck sake. Exploration needs something to actually explore. The most unique thing in the game is a cluster of coral, and I'm pretty sure that was only added once Frontier saw players were actually near them.
>>
File: 2016-01-14_00005.jpg (608KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-14_00005.jpg
608KB, 2560x1440px
>>145729320
ayyy

we'll see what happens with Raxxla.
>>
>>145728018
made it with the dads to beagle point
Still trying to get back to the bubble, I reached a point where the stars are clustered in groups and my Asp can't make the jump between them.
Gotta retrace my steps and then follow the galactic arm back to the denser parts where I can plot my way back easier.

I refuse to get vision'd yet. Gotta turn in all that saucy exploration data.

Seriously whoever programmed the route plotter deserves to get shot.
>>
>>145694180
wait next year and you can get it for free
>>
do anons from /edg/ even play with each other? Would be nice to play with internetfriends
>>
>>145727569

The Annie can do around 60LY if optimized for range and you get lucky on the rank 5 mod, and since you can apply all three jump boosts simultaneously that means you can potentially cross ~165 LY in a single jump.

Would be awesome if that enabled a path into a globular cluster.

>dat polonium man i've still yet to find a unit

I picked up 6 on Shinrarta Dezhra A 1 along with a bunch of niobium. I need more yttrium though... only have 4 of those.
>>
>>145728697
This describes the game so well. It's not unbearable but it's often bland as fuck. And all they'd have to do to spice up exploration is add some threats (actually implementing the fucking Thargoids instead of jerking us off about them) and some incentives to go and deep-scan (black monoliths on moons and other strange shit to see). Also, if scanning was interactive somehow, like their original concept for it was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9nBfvGWMg
>>
>>145728018

SPOILER: FD specifically disabled gravity on mines so you can't use them to bomb on planets.
>>
>>145729698
We used to have a pastebin. I think it got discarded when the general died.
>>
File: Minor Singularity.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Minor Singularity.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>145729442
i had no idea it was actually that far out from the arm. fuck me no wonder so many people died trying. i thought my little dip into the formidine was foreboding.

kudos for having gone and lived. good luck getting back.

>>145729698
i've already rolled with several noobwinders into hazres's and helped them make their first mil within several minutes.

no idea what any of them ended up buying, though.

>>145729737
there's that planet again. i'll have to drop by eventually here once more.

>>145729884
what a fucking waste. that looked awesome.

>>145729959
jews did this
>>
>>145728018
I jumped about 500 ly out before I got bored and went back.

I don't know how that one dude reached the core and back in a fucking Eagle without going insane.
>>
>>145729884
I just finished reading Elite Dangerous: Wanted. There's bit where 4 ships have a fight on a moon orbiting a magnetar/pulsar and everyone's shit is getting fried by that massive x-ray lighthouse. I thought, that sounds exciting, pity there will never be anything like that in the game.
>>
>>145730141
>without going insane

Some people have proven their autism for this game to be at runescape levels.

>>145730224
>Never be anything

Not without charging another 60 dollars in season 40.
>>
File: buzz.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
buzz.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>145730224
proximity to a star directly affects ambient heat inside your ship.

no, they'll probably never bother really implementing some of the cool shit in the literature but if you fight too close to a star right now, prepare to manage heat or fucking melt.
>>
>>145730093
it's even farther than that
>>
>>145729698
what are you looking to do? based in nambikuara myself
>>
File: 20160412012829_1.jpg (254KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160412012829_1.jpg
254KB, 2560x1440px
>>145730394
oh i see the tapering tendril.

that's, uh, quite the trip. i don't think i'll ever bother with such an excursion again unless it was to a presently-permit-locked region way out there for the mad shenanigans with whatever FD tries to do with them.

i wonder if they're expecting us to take the fight to the thargoids in

>ASPs
>>
File: lFa68mn[1].png (47KB, 1400x350px) Image search: [Google]
lFa68mn[1].png
47KB, 1400x350px
>>145701942
you ever try using keyboard controls? It's so much better than a controller because the buttons are so limited. Controller is awesome for srv tho. You can pretty much set the controls like a fps because it's so intuitive for this game. I have mine set up as

w thrust forward
a thrust backward
s thrust left
d thrust right

increase throttle R
decrease throttle F
Roll left right QE

vertical thrust SPACE
downward thrust C

shift+a pips to system
shift+w pips to engines
shift+d pips to weapons
shift+s pips to balance

change system targets , .

SCB B
heatsink V

>>145730517
anything really. This game gets boring as fuck after awhile
>>
>>145730350
Yeah the heat is there but nothing else.
In any case I guess they declared all the books non-canon anyway so they can safely ignore them.
>>
>>145730517
>based
>not being a space hobo, just riding the FSD lanes and doing odd jobs for dosh

I bet you have more than one ship too

If they allowed me to stuff my money under a mattress in the cargo hold I'd probably do that too.
>>
>>145730750
i farm RES desu

>>145730658
if you want to wing up and hit a hazres i'm free
>>
File: 2015-11-27_00008.jpg (263KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27_00008.jpg
263KB, 2560x1440px
>>145730658
haven't bothered, never will.

way too immersed when i use the stick, throttle, and foot yaw.

>>145730738
Reclamation, another ED book by Drew Wagar features a whole bunch of shit that links it to former installments of the series, and there have been events in the universe spanning from what is described in the novel.

not to imply that this redeems their lack of care for the bounds the writers were able to explore but i don't think they're all just write-offs.

except for that one which involves fucking thargoids and an installation inside the atmosphere of a gas giant.

that might never get touched upon again.

here's a FAS that let me try and make more fdls.
>>
>>145730864
Hey man, I'd be down to join you too just as soon as I finish another Sothis run. A space hobo never rests, always off to the next opportunity for booze money.
>>
>>145730987
ah shiet that post was meant for
>>145700716

>>145730864
>>145731021
where do you anons want to meet up? I'm at Gende right now
>>
>>145731268
I wouldn't be for a bit. I'd have to trade in my Asp for a proper combat ship (DBS is my favorite) and outfit it first, and that's after I make it back to the bubble.
>>
>>145730224
>You will never drop out of hyperspace right on top of a Neutron star and have to desperately stay ahead of the Gamme ray/X-ray burst in supercruise while your FSD recharges
>>
>>145728584

fuck 'em, do it anyway.

ecg? elite citizen general? I'm running out of ideas here.
>>
>>145731268
can't head to imp space because of lingering bounty, can you come >>145730517 here?
>>
>>145731996
Genuinely curious: why DBS?
>>
>>145732420
It's one of the fastest and most agile ships in the game, it looks like an attack helicopter, and it requires heavy use of pip management, which makes me feel like I'm shouting DIVERT POWER TO ENGINES while I fuck around in it.

Vulture with dual gimballed beams got me more money in RES but I was so fucking bored that way.
>>
File: 2016-02-27_00004.jpg (298KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-27_00004.jpg
298KB, 2560x1440px
>>145732420
>>145732670
DBS is also one of the premier hulls for silent running faggotry, as it can be deadly cold when fitted right, even passively. i got to witness one of the cheeky fuckers in mehet not too long ago harassing some bounty hunters. had to get right up on his ass for the ident scan and wanted verification before i could chase him off. honest to god few hundred meter lock radius. it fucks with so many people, and heat sinks can keep it going for a long goddamn time
>>
File: Untitled.png (485KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
485KB, 1680x1050px
>>145732962

I like your screenshots.
>>
>>145732225
Just put both edg and scg in subject
>>
File: 2015-11-17_00006.jpg (181KB, 2560x1440px)
2015-11-17_00006.jpg
181KB, 2560x1440px
>>145733264
cheers, cmdr
>>
File: Screenshot_0049.jpg (248KB, 1680x1050px)
Screenshot_0049.jpg
248KB, 1680x1050px
>>145732962
>>145733264

>>145733348

Yeah, that works I guess. Something like /edg/ + /scg/
>>
>>145732225
Does star citizen have forumdad that will ruin the development too?
>>
File: 2016-02-19_00015.jpg (352KB, 2560x1440px)
2016-02-19_00015.jpg
352KB, 2560x1440px
meeting up with a buddy inside of a planetary nebula was surreal. never had i seen another player outside the bubble. we happened to be close by.
>>
File: Screenshot_0016.png (2MB, 1680x1050px)
Screenshot_0016.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>145733515

Forumdads are the devs for that game. We have a lot in common. We have a huge game with absolutely no depth, they have a game with a lot of depth but no actual game.

>>145733396

ASS
>>
File: 2015-12-29_00002.jpg (288KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_00002.jpg
288KB, 2560x1440px
>>145733612
booty butt
>>
File: Screenshot_0024.jpg (177KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0024.jpg
177KB, 1680x1050px
Elite is less of a game and more of a screenshot simulator for me at the moment.

>>145733704

Seriously, people take really good pictures in a half-baked space sim. I dig it.
>>
>>145732420
DBS was my first real ship I got after fucking around in an Eagle

the agility, the speed, the looks, the jump range, I fell in love with it
>>
>>145730987
>installation inside the atmosphere of a gas giant.
Isn't that Wanted? It had a aerostat station in a gas giant. Don't remember thargoids though.
>>
File: Magnetar.jpg (743KB, 1200x800px)
Magnetar.jpg
743KB, 1200x800px
>>145732058
Would make neutron farming a bit more interesting.
>>
File: 2015-11-27_00016.jpg (194KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27_00016.jpg
194KB, 2560x1440px
>>145733851
nope, Out Of The Darkness. however if there was a gaseous installation in Wanted, I'm convinced they may well eventually be added. sweet.

>>145733772
this game is everything i ever wanted in a title, and it was that way on release, too. couldn't give less of a fuck what people say or how valid their criticisms are.

it was made for me.

the opaqueness and seriousness of the atmosphere, the supercruise suite, the fucking indomitable flight model, everything back then was perfect

i even logged on during the engineers beta to the test server just to hear the space traffic controllers they were going to add.

it has only gotten better, i can only expect further progress, no matter how many people despise FD.

gonna quit fellating braben now
>>
File: Screenshot_0053.jpg (327KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0053.jpg
327KB, 1680x1050px
>>145734154

I like your screenshots, but you might have a minor case of autism. I guess you are perfect for this game.

I'm gonna pretend this is an action shot and not me being too busy getting interdicted. So I guess the action shot part is true.
>>
>>145734154
>nope, Out Of The Darkness. however if there was a gaseous installation in Wanted, I'm convinced they may well eventually be added. sweet.
I'll have to give that one a read. I'm reading heaps of shitty series fiction at the moment. It's great. Well actually Eisenhorn was pretty fun.
>>
File: 20160429174218_1.jpg (487KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160429174218_1.jpg
487KB, 2560x1440px
>>145734503
i came to accept my probable case of minor aspergers long ago. those systems where the nearest station is a distance away in six figures of LS?

i love flying out to that shit. i see no issue with supercruise acceleration and deceleration and the journey, every time, has weight and meaning, even if it's all just bits and bytes and pixels. ED just comes across as this very earnest and passionate vision of space and a dark future for mankind.

this is what the reception bay of a majestic class interdictor looks like.
>>
Alright so, I need an opinion from someone who's played this game longer than I. I started playing ~3 weeks ago and my combat rank is barely above "mostly harmless," but I keep getting interdicted by expert and master NPCs on a regular basis. Now, from my searching about on the web it appears the challenge you face is supposed to match that of your current ranking. So why the hell am I getting dicked by ridiculous AI flying superships all the fucking time??? Does it have to do with the fact that my trading rank is now "merchant"?
>>
File: 2015-11-16_00002.jpg (220KB, 2560x1440px)
2015-11-16_00002.jpg
220KB, 2560x1440px
>>145734797
those are pirates. they come in all shapes and sizes and want your cargo, not your life.

don't give them either.

you will get trouble with any volume of cargo in the present state of the game, and the only correlation of rank to encounter that I've witnessed is having NOTHING but elite bounty hunters on my ass when 2.1 dropped, as a result of being ranked that in combat myself, presumably.

the pirates are all over the place, rank-wise.
>>
>>145734797

>Now, from my searching about on the web it appears the challenge you face is supposed to match that of your current ranking.

You're reading outright lies. My combat rank is Expert but I get interdicted by anything from Competent all the way to Elite with railguns/PAs and endless missiles. It's supposed to have something to do with system security and the current controlling faction of whatever system you're in but since FD never tells anyone anything about how their game works, no one knows for certain. I have found anyone saying that there's some kind of rhyme or reason to NPC interdiction is talking out of their ass and making shit up to cover for FD's incompetence when designing a balanced system. Like anything else in this game, it's totally random.
>>
>>145735026
>>145734943
That is very discouraging, especially because I have found that when system security shows up, they either do jack all trying "scan" both my ship and my attacker's ships for "crimes" or they actually fly in between my crosshairs as I'm laying into my attacker and I end up with a bounty on my head. I have found the only real response to ensure not be fucked is to burn away in a fast ship and just escape.
>>
>>145735543

Yes, generally that's all you can do. Fit mine launchers if you're flying a trading vessel but I've had mixed results with them. If you're in a combat ship, try to fight them if you think you have a chance of taking them down.

If all else fails, just high wake out and come back to the system. Don't even bother with low waking unless you're within 100ls of your destination. The NPC that interdicted you will come right back and interdict you over and over again until you either reach your destination or high wake out.
>>
File: 2016-02-26_00001.jpg (267KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-26_00001.jpg
267KB, 2560x1440px
>>145735543
running away from pirates if you can't just roflfuck them is the best defense. keep in mind that the system authority vessels cannot shoot without first obtaining identification, and there is a good chance that they'll stick their thumbs up their asses and scan you first before actually getting the perp.

>>145735849
very valuable advice here too regarding FSD states. Mines are hilariously strong right now.
>>
>>145735543

>I have found the only real response to ensure not be fucked is to burn away in a fast ship and just escape.

Which is what most experienced players do anyway, but for different reasons. You'll soon enough go from running away from interdictions because they're dangerous to running away from interdictions "because they take too long".

I have found, and this is just guesswork and not necessarily fact, that pirates do tend to go after you with more zeal if you're carrying especially valuable goods, or worse, prohibited stuff such as drugs.

Some missions are also programmed to trigger attempted interdictions, so if you're doing a lot of missions involving carrying items that might be a reason why.

If you get really sick of being interdicted, just do the cowardly sensible thing: Whenever you see an npc getting ready to interdict you (watch the chat window when you enter a system, many of them will say something generic like "All that tasty cargo" etc), just quickly pause the game and quit to menu. The game will save your location, mission and cargo. Then login again. Problem solved. Pirate gone.
>>
>>145736859
Yeah, I have found the bounty voucher from even defeating an attacking pirate is never worth the risk. Gaining 15k for a "competent" pirate is hilariously underwhelming when I'm flying a paper-thin DBS geared for exploration and light courier work and need to spend ~5k for repairs and possibly more for restocking ammo.

Reward simply does not fit the challenge.
>>
How much does tonnage affect handling anyway? Is my DBS much shittier now with military composite hull? Should I switch back to lightweight or is reinforced a good enough balance? Should I ditch hull reinforcements?
>>
>>145737681

If you play it like a lightweight, go for lightweight. I am fairly sure that weight has an impact on realspace handling.

I'd go for hull reinforcements (internal) and skip the hull upgrade itself desu. Easier to find, cheaper to buy.
>>
>>145737681
Bulkhead upgrades is a multiplier, while reinforcements add flat values. They stack, so if you get both you can make your ship pretty beefy at the cost of making it more potato-like (also cuts your jump range pretty sharply).

I would not suggest making a DBS too heavy since it is made for speed and agility and definitely not for taking hits.
>>
>>145738379
I decided to go for reinforced bulkheads and ditched the optional reinforcement. I like having the option to tank a hit or two if my shields melt and get the fuck out faster. I only lose a few m/s and a degree or so of pitch/roll/yaw so it should be fine.
>>
File: 1465402062930.jpg (142KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1465402062930.jpg
142KB, 1280x1280px
praise the vision, /edg/ is eternal
>>
File: whatelitecouldbe.jpg (447KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
whatelitecouldbe.jpg
447KB, 1800x1200px
>you will never be able to fly around on some sparsely populated, sparsely explored earth-like on the edge of inhabited civilization
>you will never be able to set your ship down in some glacial valley on an island in the arctic latitudes during spring
>you will never drive your SRV beside the mountain streams at the base of the summit of some unnamed and unexplored mountain range
>you will never trade electronics and modern amenities with awe-filled locals in some fishing village
>the extent of your exploration will be a point and click adventure with stars
>sir edmund hillary will never gaze on your expedition with approval from the great beyond

hold me /edg/
>>
>>145739295
you lost me at earth like part
I dont think any one of will live long enough to see that
>>
>>145739295
the new cod :^)
>>
>>145730517
If you're still here I made my way to Nambikuara but I'm tired as shit so I'm going to sleep.

Hopefully you'll still be down to farm pirates with me tomorrow.
>>
Are any of the powerplay faction-specific modules worth grinding for? They all look pretty shitty to me, but maybe I'm missing something
>>
>>145740871
they are shitty
only prismatic and fast plasma is somewhat acceptable others straight up worse than their common counterparts
>>
>>145740871
They are all fucking useless apart from the blue bitch's Prismatic Shields which can make certain tankier builds more than viable. Great for Federal ships as their shields suck shit otherwise.
>>
What do lads? I have an A rated vette, 704t trade cutter with 22-33 LY jumps, A rated FL and a few random small ships. With over 500mill in funding around money, what should I do?
>>
>>145741404
Visit every system in the game. I suppose you already have every rank as Elite?

Start fucking around ramming ships and looking for exploits.
>>
>>145741032
What about the railgun?

>>145741112
>an Imperial module is best on Fed ships
kek
I assume you can still gain rank in both militaries at once?
>>
>>145741560
heat

maybe with perfect mods viable
but again only medium hard points so yeah good luck
>>
>>145741521
Nah just elite trade thanks to close meme magic. Was thinking of getting a full multi cannon gunship just to experiment with.
>>
>>145741615
Huge rail gun would be scary as fuck
>>
>>145741560
It's shit. Too much heat and unless you hit all 3 shots, it does pissweak damage.

Of course you can. There's no commitment to anything. The whole powerplay aspect is ridiculous as it doesn't matter if you are allied or not with the faction they represent. Also you can still be loved/hated on systems whose local factions like/dislike you but they are power controlled and I just lose my shit over it.

It seems kind of weird for a fucking faction military not care who you work for. Like if you a renowned Pirate, sure, come on in and work for us. High ranking officer in the navy of OUR FUCKING ENEMY? Sure, come on in.

>>145741693
That's dank as fuck, flying one myself as well.

>>145741703
Would never happen, remember the Dads who'd cry their fucking hearts out when someone one-shot them. Remember missile Eagles? If not, they are the reason missiles were nerfed to shit as they were 'too powerful' and could wreck ships quick.
>>
>>145741703
Huge rail should one shot a shield less sidey and its super accurate

so no not happening you mad griefer, go play eve or something else. elite is all about carving your own path in the galaxy.
>>
>>145741940
>Remember missile Eagles? If not, they are the reason missiles were nerfed to shit as they were 'too powerful' and could wreck ships quick.

Man, I can only imagine how nightmarish the new AI ships would be if they had original power missiles
>>
>>145742042
You can stay in solo dad
>>
>>145742717
Well the NPCs get them as well and they are griefing dads by interdicting them.
>>
>>145682001
it's ramadan, being a cuck and equal opportunity employer, they have a lot of holidays
>inb4 sabbath
keks
>>
>>145743127
its not ramadan holiday yet that comes later. that starts at july 2th or something

so more free "vacation" for fdev
>>
>>145732420
>>145732670
>>145732962
Got any tips for a beginner? I upgraded into a DBS sometime ago from my Vulture and I'm a bit lost with it. Though the recent patch did fuck me up. Seems like I should be running it with heat sinks but what else to keep the heat signature down?
>>
>>145742845
Well, the one who defend cheating AI were dad.
>>
>>145744246
You probably didn't 'upgrade' to a DBS from a Vulture. And don't you say you mean Dropshit with that DBS like that one anon a few threads ago.

Heat signature? You want to deploy sinks only when going too hot, you cannot hide really. The 'stealth' aspect in this game is quite poor and doesn't work out too well. It only fucks with other players, not NPCs.

DBS is a fun flier though. You just need to practise the pip management with easy fights.
>>
>>145744496
>You probably didn't 'upgrade' to a DBS from a Vulture
Oh shit I meant the Viper not the Vulture. And DBS being the Diamondback Scout.

>It only fucks with other players, not NPCs
Oh well, this sucks.

>You just need to practise the pip management with easy fights
I'll get on that.
>>
>>145745006
Instead of trying to destroy the easy targets, try to keep on their tail so that they cannot land many hits on you.
>>
I joined a dad community and holy shit you wouldn't believe this shit. This isn't on the level of "casual player who only plays for 1-2 hours a day at most". This is "I literally haven't logged on in the past 11 months but somehow i'm STILL in this chat". Why the fuck are they even here. The dads literally don't play the game. They are only on the forums to parade some bullshit about whatever they feel is worth defending, not like they have to endure any of it anyway.
>>
>>145745991
We told you it wasnt just a meme
>>
>>145747867
Well I had to try it. I'd take a meme spamming twitch crowd over this ANY day.
>>
>>145747957
It's the shitposting and memes that keep the flames ALL HAIL ARGHDON DELAME alight here, but apparently rampant dadposting works as well. It boggles my mind how they impose their knowledge and preferences over mechanics and features in this game when their experience and game time can be counted with the fingers of my hands.

I remember having the 'holy fucking shit this game is great. So much space to explore and so much to do. Space is amazing! -feeling when I started. Then it died down after ~20 hours and I started to get the hang of things (and of the grind). The reason dads defend this game so much is that they are still in the honeymoon phase even after all this time.

This message is a mess and is mostly just intended to make me feel better and bump the thread. /blog
>>
>>145643546
I haven't played the game without the Vive, but it's pretty damn cool paired with the X52
>>
I read on forums that 50% merit decay is actually more than 50%. If'´I'm going for 80k to get my self 4 week exploration window how many merits should I get over to be save?
>>
>>145749850
See https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/167408-Powerplay-Merit-decay-helper
>>
I know that just letting us walk around in our ships wouldn't be that great but that + multicrew like how SC in a game of this scale would be neat as hell. Shame the vision wouldn't allow it.

>Traveling into deep space
>Taking turns piloting while the other person can chill or sleep
>Ship doesn't disappear when the other person logs off.
>Landing on planets of moons
>Hanger bay opens and you can walk off it with your friend and then climb into the srv for long distance travel.

God dammit. This doesn't even seem terribly hard to do. Both SC and ED have some of the foundations for this shit.
>>
>tfw no friends
>been in a wing once with two fuel rats
Anyone here want to be my friend?
>>
>>145752237
I would but I'm on Mac
>>
>>145752078
Step it up a notch and add VR and holy shit. Just think about it if you could get off your chair and walk around the ship with the Rift.
>>
Dads never leave the honeymoon phase because 4 hours a week isn't enough time to have your soul crushed by the grind.
>>
Is it worth putting 64 fuel tank on explorer Anaconda?
>>
>>145752632
I put a 32 ton on. Still keeps your range up while giving you a fair amount of fuel
>>
File: ragequitlife.jpg (22KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
ragequitlife.jpg
22KB, 352x352px
>>145752632
I guess it's up to you. Technically you just have more to scan if you make shorter jumps.

>>145752078
F-f-fuck you ,_,
>>
>>145703256
>dunkey
>playing anything that isn't completely nonautistic babbycasual fun games

1-800-COME-ON-NOW
>>
>dads on forum write epic stories of their battles with NPCs and dying
I never died in combat, always logged. Do you guys let yourself to be killed?
>>
>>145743304
It sure as fuck is Ramadan. All the sand niggers at work are eyeing my sammich and cup of tea like a bunch of famined wolves. kek
>>
>>145754447
>dads find it exciting to die
just kill me, IRL
>>
>>145754597
yeah it Ramadan is but there is a celebration holiday that comes right after that. I am sure Fdev would be glad to lay their devs off for 9 more fucking days.
>>
so /edg/ please explain this dad meme to a newcomer.

what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>145755412
Imagine a middle aged man who is married and has children. He has a regular job and responsibilities of a family man.

Then imagine him playing a video game. This comes with the following assumptions:
>Only has a couple of extra hours for himself every week
>Stuck in the 80s
>Thinks he is always right
>Only plays games to relax and escape his miserable existence. Remember that he wants to be alone
>Doesn't want any challenges or allow anything unexpected to happen.

Now imagine that this video game he is playing is under the pretence of being an MMO. A game where you are encouraged to play for longer periods of time and dedicate a lot to achieve. ! ! ! C O N F L I C T A L E R T ! ! ! How can you plan an MMO when you only play an hour a week?
Also imagine that in this game you can kill anyone, where ever you want to. And that the world is a really dangerous place !!!CONF.. you get the idea. How can you play a game like that when you don't want anyone to attack you?
>>
>>145755412
Old guise playing this gaem, they find it the next best thing. No flaws. Gaem is deeply flawed.
>>
>>145754447
I combatlog against NPCs, but if it were impossible to avoid death, i would NOT complain. It's simply a matter of preserving my money when I can.
>>
>>145755772
This character type is a vocal majority on the game forums, the gulag, where they spout their delusional ideas for mechanics, balance and features.
Ftroop caters to these retards because they are ridiculously easy to please, since they see no real flaw in this game.

I'd post the >agerated.jpg picture but at work atm which displays the age distribution of the people who frequent the forums. Unironically using the word 'kiddo'.

>>145755795
Playing is a misnomer since they don't play it. 2 hours a month doesn't count as playing a game.

tl;dr Literally dads. Old delusional farts who think games should be just like the ones they played when they were young in the 80s.
>>
>>145754447
I combatlog if I have shit to do and places to be. If I'm griefing dads or just fucking around I don't really care. I have too much float cash to care.
>>
>>145754447
>almost dead
>fuck it they're actually good
>connection lost
>back with full shield and hull
Is this a fucking single player game and they forgot to autosave?
>>
>>145757085
This is a singleplayer game with online authentication so they can prevent people from using cheat engine.
>>
>>145757230
*from pirating it
ftfy
>>
File: no-vision.jpg (64KB, 970x706px) Image search: [Google]
no-vision.jpg
64KB, 970x706px
>>
Getting fucking sick of switching modes to refresh missions in Ceos. What's the situation at Quince like? does it offer similar missions to Fehu/Sothis/Ceos? Similarish distance out from the bubble at least.
>>
>>145760452
Just as bad.
>>
Just got my second mission where I need to find some artefacts in a system, no clue where to search.

The mission log says to search on a planet, but apart from that I'm lost.

Anyone have some tips?
>>
>>145762239
did it tell you to scan the nav beacon or is it on a planet surface

if it's on the surface i feel bad for you
>>
So this is really going to be a thing. Can't receive permits because of a bug. Can't do salvage missions because of a bug. This is literally content just excluded from the game because they prioritize some dad paintjob bullshit over a 5 min bugfix. We're REALLY going to wait 6 MONTHS for them to do a 5 minute bugfix.
>>
File: 1434391567408.jpg (139KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1434391567408.jpg
139KB, 666x666px
>>145762514
>6 months
you what
>>
>>145762514
>We're really going to wait 6 months

Yes. Did you miss the last update? Full of shit that should have been included 6 months ago.

>Sorry guys, we can't give you the simple feature of bookmarks right now, you'll have to wait for our arbitrary next update
>>
>yellow
>>
>>145757352

This.

Ftroop added the "online universe" nearly at the last second because they wanted a form of always-online DRM that retarded dads wouldn't complain with, which is why we have the horrible singleplayer/multiplayer abomination with horrible instancing and connection issues that we have today.
>>
>>145762924

Were you around for Horizons release? There were bugged missions that required you to meet contacts in space that never arrived, or hunt down targets that either never showed up or took literally 4 - 5 hours of dicking about in SC for them to appear. Some missions were just out right unable to be turned in. It took until the Engineers patch to drop, a full 6 fucking months later, for some of these to be fixed and for NPCs to ATLEAST start showing up when the mission required them to. Some missions are STILL bugged, and have retarded requirements like requiring you to have cargo space available if the mission has a cargo reward, making cargo racks mandatory for any ship.

It will literally take until the next major content update for these to even hope to get fixes, and everyone on the forums will act like this is normal for a developer to let bugs fester for months and doing ONE large update instead of small hotfixes to iron out bugs.
>>
File: CMDR.jpg (747KB, 750x1064px) Image search: [Google]
CMDR.jpg
747KB, 750x1064px
>>
>>145764413
That crater has hemorrhoids
>>
File: PirateAsp.png (2MB, 1738x964px) Image search: [Google]
PirateAsp.png
2MB, 1738x964px
>asp
>>
File: tmp_4672-1465591777793283880838.jpg (116KB, 1631x1872px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4672-1465591777793283880838.jpg
116KB, 1631x1872px
>bulk trading for hours
>>
>>145766221
>piracy asp
i'd shit myself laughing if i was jumped by that
>>
>>145752078
>walking around is implemented
>you can only explore the cockpit /bridge
>you will never observe a battle from the comfy position of your anaconda's observation deck.
>>
>>145766969
Full ship interiors is Season 5, anon. Just need to wait for us to finish the Vision.
>>
>>145766969

>outfit conda with all turrets
>set mode to fire at will
>park in cz
>walk around the bridge, looking at the carnage while listening to the faint thuds and bangs as your targets futilely return fire

Maximum comfy
>>
>>145765486
WE NEED COMMANDER CREATOR RIGHT NOW

Thankfully that's the next patch, I'm glad Braben thinks about us. We NEED waifus. Waifus keep other generals alive and they will keep us alive
>>
>>145767856
Except it isn't. One year to go.
>>
File: cmdrwaifu.jpg (381KB, 750x952px)
cmdrwaifu.jpg
381KB, 750x952px
>>
>>145768587
a sidearm? i can't even walk around and you're gonna go throwing in a sidearm?

i bet they'll sell gun skins too. fuckers.
>>
>>145730584
You just made me realise that since FD gave out the free paintjob thargoids will be fought by a mass of gold >ASPs

The pimpwars are coming
>>
File: HNNGGHH.jpg (268KB, 500x902px) Image search: [Google]
HNNGGHH.jpg
268KB, 500x902px
>>145767856
>>
>Frontier finally implementing tourism
>Please give us suggestions on what systems we can add to a tourism list for NPCs

Jesus christ. Any hopes I had of unique shit to find in this game just keeps going down the drain.
>>
File: ayhahaha.jpg (412KB, 750x1185px)
ayhahaha.jpg
412KB, 750x1185px
>>
>>145769007
>>145769654
are you sure these gals relate to elite
I cant see them wearing their VISIONâ„¢ socks
>>
File: VISION.png (471KB, 741x974px) Image search: [Google]
VISION.png
471KB, 741x974px
>>145768587
>>
>>145770330
in my head, they do.
>>
Can you find materials like Sulphur by mining planetary rings? I need some stuff for the Engineers, but I'd rather fucking kill myself than drive that shitty SRV ever again.
>>
>>145768587
>>145769007
>>145769654
Why couldn't we have these instead of the fucking abominable tranny looking monsters we got instead? I'm sick of looking at some dickhead with a visor or an old woman. I want muh waifus.
>>
>>145769521
No kidding.
Get ready for this to be a complete waste of time.
>Visit white dwarf +200 credits
>Visit black hole +250 credits
>Visit beagle point +433 credits

:^)
>>
>>145770890
literally all the rings of any type have all the very common materials
>>
>>145770948
I can't wait for the excuses also

>We're building a foundation for the future of this game! Despite the fact that this is supposed to be a released product
>>
File: 20160610202121_1.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160610202121_1.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
Coriolis and E:D Shipyard are giving me conflicting dps numbers, who do I trust?
>>
>>145762338
The transmission log thingy pointed me to a planet as far as I know.
>>
>>145771060
That's a relief. Cheers.
>>
>>145771240
edshipyard, coriolis is all fancy and useful for casuals, but edshipyard has the autism and the quickly updated numbers, it was also far quicker out with the new modules compared to coriolis.
>>
>>145771346
how do you not pay attention to whether or not it's a horizons mission before you even take it
>>
>>145771240

Braben
>>
>>145772982
It was literally the first time I booted it, and I had a Vive on.

Shit's almost illegible.
>>
>>145772902
Thanks, i was wondering why 2 medium beams were shit compared to the single large when i tried it out despite Coriolis telling me it was good.
>>
File: 8cd.jpg (39KB, 595x444px) Image search: [Google]
8cd.jpg
39KB, 595x444px
newsletter is up
and its fucking nothing
>>
Does anyone else feel uncomfortable all the time while playing this game? Space is scary.
>>
>>145774965
Not anymore. Space is pretty boring.
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT A SIRIUS PERMIT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>145774285
Link? I don't see it
>>
>>145774965
No, because there's nothing actually in this space. Maybe if they hid away some spooky stuff and big scary creatures I would be.
>>
>>145775502
apparently they did, in the rift, but now they're retconning all that shit because braben's drugs and schizophrenia VISION tells him to re-write the lore
>>
>>145775606
>rift
Oh hello, dad. What's the word on the forums?
>>
>>145776016
>dad
sorry that it's the only cool part of the game anon. fuck me for looking forward to a competent author's implementation of alien life, right?
>>
>>145775225
Haha I literally just hit this wall too. It's beyond ridiculous.
>>
>>145777620
>>145775225
>Sadly we cannot put the permit on your account, as when we do correct this issue it will cause a glitch with your account so we have to wait for the fix to come into effect.
>It is honestly a case of waiting for the next patch, which it should be in.
>>
>>145777997
>waiting six months for dirty drive tuning
THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW
>>
>>145778213

>there are people that think this game will EVER get better

I already dealt with this with KSP, and at least KSP had mods and a good modding community.

It's NOT getting better, ever.
>>
Help me out:

Two large beams, one large MC and two med MC

OR

Two large MC, one large beam and two med beams.

It's for a python, doing mostly PVE (since no one plays this anyway)
>>
>>145778912
two med beams, 3 large multis
>>
I'm thinking of buying paint for my Diamondback Scout

what is happening to me
>>
>>145779086

The third large one is kinda awkwardly placed. It's tricky to have them all firing and hitting at the same time. I like to divide the upper hardpoints (LML) and the lower (MLM) between fire groups so I can position myself to get the best shot.

But why 3 large multis, anyway?
>>
>>145775606
There's absolute nothing keeping them from adding fantastical elements to the game aside from dads and their own retarded game design. It pisses me off.

>>145779506
Don't give them any more money, jesus what is wrong with you? Frontier are a free 2 play developer with a pay to play game. And they need to be reprimanded by receiving less funding for their stupid shit.
>>
>>145779646
so you can tear through everything easily. tons of beams aren't necessary
>flying the space slug
>>145779801
I just bought £30 worth of bobbleheads and ship kits :^)
>>
>>145780069
>I just bought

Your loss.
>>
>>145780409
it's not a loss though. I gain in game items AND get to support the AWESOME devs at frontier!!
>>
File: 1466037607004.png (143KB, 372x545px) Image search: [Google]
1466037607004.png
143KB, 372x545px
>>145780596
Shouldn't you be off taking care of your wife's son?
>>
File: how can a spider be so smug.jpg (199KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
how can a spider be so smug.jpg
199KB, 672x672px
>>145780069
>£30 worth of bobbleheads and ship kits

so 2 bobbles and 2 kits?
>>
>>145735849
Interdictions are in terrible need of some persistence. For example right now you'll see mission-related NPC pursuers get blown to bits by system security vessels or stations only to magically reappear again and interdict you a minute later.

Also it'd be fun if you could actually just cripple their ships instead, which right now has no purpose other than slowing them down in the current instance. Considering smuggling and long range is one of the most fun things to do in this game it's weird this hasn't been implemented, wouldn't even be that complicated.
>>
>>145778213
The in game clock is an hour out for me because FD didnt set it to BST. This will be fixed before the next update though because it wont be out before the clocks change in october
>>
>>145780069

I'll try it I guess.
>>
>>145760452
Not sure if it's intentional, but it's largely not worth going open>solo>open for time-wise, unless maybe you have a really shitty jump range or a huge cargo hold. Just grab whatever decent missions there are at the stations/outpost, maybe visit New Dawn twice since it's close to the star and in the path back to the bubble (and missions refresh naturally, what, every 5 minutes or so?).

That said I haven't relogged much since it feels stupid and boring and muh immersion. And not min-maxing it makes it that much nicer when you get a good stack of low-tonnage missions.
>>
>tfw none of my friends play this game
>tfw NO ONE plays this game

It's lonely out in spess...
>>
File: 20160617122517_1.jpg (249KB, 1600x900px)
20160617122517_1.jpg
249KB, 1600x900px
>>145779801
>jesus what is wrong with you?

I don't know dear God I did it I need help

on the plus side now my DBS is as black as David Braben's covetous heart
>>
>>145783062
did you not get the free black paintjob?
>>
>>145784434
The black friday paints are unavailable now right? Or do we still get them for purchasing Horizons?
>>
>>145784434
Frontier rewards people selectively and for no reason at all. Bought the game on sale before X date? Have a special paint job.
>>
ded thred yet again?
>>
>exit supercruise at a station
>appear in the long spinning tail section
>have to start dodging to avoid getting crushed by support beams

fuck me that was unexpected
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>dont want to have to call the fuel rats again
FUCK IM SWEATING HERE
>>
>>145787987
That's one of the only fun things left in the game.
>>
>>145788227
You need more than an hour to reach the station?
>>
File: lol you lose.png (3MB, 5565x3327px) Image search: [Google]
lol you lose.png
3MB, 5565x3327px
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>145788227
I fucking thought they were selling real life bobbleheads when I saw them in the store. Almost got one. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1427908242140.jpg (179KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1427908242140.jpg
179KB, 2048x2048px
>Take mission
>Fly 400Ly
>The station doesn't have Mission BBS
I got VISION'd.. hard.
>>
>>145791196
Yeah, that's from UA bombing. Even though that they have a cure now and the situation should be fixed for all stations, someone still has to go into the game files and tick the infection options for every single station and that takes a lot of time when there's vacations to take.
>>
>neuron field grind
>detect star
>start scanning
>start counting to 11(time it takes to scan)
>open galaxy map
>still counting
>plot
>jump way
>repeat
>4-5 hours for 3 days now
I was watching tv series few hours and and just spontaneously started counting. scary shit
>>
I have never flown in a wing before, is it any fun?
>>
>>145791704
Nice... Fucking dads and fucking ftroop.

>>145792304
Yes.
>>
>>145792304

Do you think flying alone is fun? Flying in a wing is the same, but with more blips on the radar.
>>
>>145792652
Don't forget that awesome wing bonus cash that covers your fuel expenses.
>>
>enhanced performance thrusters
>worse than normal thrusters
What's the point?
>>
>>145563095
Late reply, but thanks. I'll give it a try.
>>
>>145793105
>fuel expenses
>>
>>145782913
I don't really give a shit about immersion or any of that shit desu, I just have a 320 ton cargo hold to fill up and when the station is only spawning piracy missions and "boom, data delivery", it gets annoying. Also I would rather get at least a dozen or so missions to at least make the trip to the bubble and back sort of worth it. 40,000,000 per trip is the least I aim for before leaving. Takes 15-20 minutes if I get lucky, around 40-50ish,, if not.

I just want my trade Elite as fast as possible, as dumb as it sounds.
>>
This >>145792304 guy here
Anyone want a wingman? Flying a viper mkIV
>>
>>145793797
There are sidewinder Dads who have been bankrupted by fuel costs.
>>
>>145795731
I don't believe you
>>
>>145794184
I can imagine. I'm still doing these runs in Asp with 42/33ly range though so it's barely worth it.
>>
>>145795534
Sure. In a courier. What's your CMDR name?
>>
So if I want a Cobra MkIV I can't get one because I didn't get Horizons before a certain date? Sounds like a pretty retarded design decision. Are there any other ships like this?
>>
>>145795848
Stay strong mate, once you get your Anaconda it's a lot less painful. Still fucking very, very, very painful though.

>>145793312
No worries man, It's a tri colour theme so allies are still green, enemies are white though. The red highlights on everything is pretty nice.
>>
>>145796475
>I can't get one because

Correct.

>Are there any other ships

Not yet. Knowing Frontier, I bet there will be.
>>
>>145796475
>wanting a cobra mk4
there is LITERALLY no reason you'd want to fly it. Trust me. I had one
>>
>>145796795
It's not the ship, it's the principle behind it
>>
File: 1418345999728.png (578KB, 801x837px) Image search: [Google]
1418345999728.png
578KB, 801x837px
>>145796795

I used it to mine for a while, but like many other grindy things I quickly became bored with it. I then decided to fly classified courier missions in an Imperial Eagle.

>tfw classified courier is dead
>>
>>145797271
iEagle is awesome.
>dat sound
>>
>>145796412
Cmdr Steve 'Target' Orion
I ain't even shitting you
>>
>>145797848
sent
>>
>tfw no qt thargoid to have space buttsex with
>>
is there an option somewhere to make it so that you throttle down automatically after fsd?
I only scanned 100 something neuron stars and already at 92% hull. It's not that I forget but sometimes if you throttle down too early it doesn't detect and goes full speed
>>
>>145800102

>sometimes if you throttle down too early it doesn't detect and goes full speed

Never had this issue. Try putting throttle to directly to zero instead of taking it down gradually. I just zero it while in witchspace and it has never not registered.
>>
>>145752078
I did hear a funny story from SC about a guy who stowed away on a ship and kept using the cry emote to freak out the two crew. Eventually they found him but he disappeared into the ship and then logged off. I wonder how long they kept looking for him.
>>
I'm finding it fucking impossible to find polonium. I found a shipwreck out in the plaedies sector that spawned cargo racks. The cargo racks dropped the same very materials every time I shot them. Has anyone found a wreck that spawns cargo racks with polonium inside? I really need this..

I'll give you some imp slaves
>>
>>145755772
>Become a dad
>Realise that you don't have enough time for Elite unless you want the child protection to take your kid away for neglect
>Play something else
My recent Elite experience.
>>
>>145795731
>bankrupted by fuel costs.
>There's literally a module that lets you get fuel for free.
I guess if fuel costs are bankrupting you a scoop is beyond your means.
>>
>>145802086
check the mission board, some missions pay out in commodities or resources. Some of the rarer shit like polonium or arsenic can be gotten this way and in larger quantity.
>>
>>145802468
I refreshed for a few hours and found no missions. These cargo racks seem to be really consistent. If I could find a rack with some polonium I'd be over the moon
>>
>>145797825

It's why I flew classified courier in it, outside of that I can't think of any other reason to actually pilot one.
>>
I see page ten, lets discus 'what ifs'
What if there are shitty insurance commercials in the future, and frontier is just too lame to implement comedic little snippets like that?
>>
>>145805835
What if we got station cargo storage next month?
>>
>>145805835

That might come later I guess. Like how there are holographic advertisement signs when you come in to the mail slot and in the hangar. They only show the ship manufacturers now but they could at some point have more.
>>
What if Elite was fun game?
>>
>>145806046

Our ships would also become cargo for some obscure reason due to unforeseen bug.
>>
>>145806216
Then I would be playing instead of shitting about in a thread.
>>
>>145806216
don't play games anon
fun does not exist
>>
>>145797848
y'all have room for a combat conda?
>>
File: 20160615083820_1.jpg (657KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160615083820_1.jpg
657KB, 2560x1440px
>>145806164
More outposts should look something like pic related (or maybe they do but I've only seen one or two).
>>
>>145806216
>tfw fucking around on EDShipyard is more fun than playing the game
>>
>>145805835
What if taking high-res screenshots wasn't such a hassle (didn't require you to switch to solo mode) and also you could specify higher graphical settings just for that?
>>
>>145805835
>>145806046
What if the only reason we don't have this yet is that they're planning player stations/outposts or maybe even capital ships somewhere down the line?
>suddenly remember Jacques Station
oh right
>>
Having played many korean grinders over my lifetime I can safely say E:D places less value on your time than most koreans.
>>
I just helped an online friend of mine get his first type-6 by buying imperial slaves in bulk and dumping them in space for him to collect. Now he can space truck to his heart's content, which was all he really wanted.

Would have been nice if I could have just threw 3 million credits at him, he'd be just as happy and we wouldn't have spent two fucking hours doing it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>145806164
¿ACCIDENTES DE ESPACIO ? ¡ABOGADOS DE ESPACIO! CINCO CINCO CINCO - CINCO CINCO CINCO CINCO
>>
>>145808969
But muh Chinese gold sellers
>>
>>145805835
What if >>145781239
Would make NPC interdictions a bit more interesting.
>>
>>145805835
What if they occasionally add more ambient music, like once a year?
>>
Did they nerf Sothis to the ground? there's hardly any biowaste hauling missions anymore but the status of local factions haven't changed
>>
>>145808969
I used to play with a friend, mostly bounty hunting, but we stopped because you get more money doing it solo. It annoys me that the game is so against people playing together.

>>145806482
>buy new ships and keep turning them into cargo
>buy an >ASP and transfer all your ships into your hold
>head to erevate, abandon cargo for new players
>they take it to a station and store it
>bug gets patched and now theres hundreds of noobs in vultures or better
>dads go into meltdown because they've been playing for 2 years and only just got a B ranked cobra

the least likely part of it is the game being patched before a new player has earned a conda by themselves
>>
>>145810550
This isnt eve
Go play eve if you want eve so much
t. Cobradad1975
>>
File: features.jpg (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
features.jpg
551KB, 1920x1080px
how into "modified embedded firmware"

im getting insane
>>
File: elitedangerous.jpg (149KB, 1258x530px)
elitedangerous.jpg
149KB, 1258x530px
>>145805835
Your daily reminder of what we would be doing if elite were fun and frontier wasn't incompetent.
>>
>>145805835
What if space elevators and other interesting (human/alien) (mega)structures? It's possible to even keep it "hard sci-fi".

>you will never be the first CMDR to scan a Dyson sphere that you detected through anomalous gravitational readings, land on its surface, drive your space buggy through technologically textured crevices to try and find and entrance, only to be scorched by a waste heat outlet, before high-tailing it out of there to share your discovery
>>
>>145565251

This is what blind optimism looks like. Someone cap this so we can show others what a fucking disappointment this game is to eryone.
>>
>>145811836
I missed that post. Honestly how delusional do you have to be to not anticipate tourism being like this

>You don't see any people to pick up, they're glorified canisters as far as you know, if Frontier even bothers to make a physical model for the tourists
>Missions will literally be "Go to X system and then return to Y system" over and over again
>>
>>145812386
>Missions will literally be "Go to X system and then return to Y system" over and over again

Now you're being optimistic
If anything they'll be
>Tourists need transport to x station
>Accept mission
>It's a glorified courier run
>>
>>145812386
>You will never pick up tourists on Sol, most of whom have never left the solar system.
>You will never get up from your seat mid flight and order your friend to keep jumping you to your final destination
>You will never mingle with your passengers, all of whom are fully modeled, textured and have contextual conversational voice lines.
>You will never draw a pistol and order your passengers to hand over all their valuables.
>You will never force your passengers into the cargo hatch and jettison them all into a black hole or a sun.
>You will never look into a young man's eyes as he drifts away into an abyss and chuckle as you order your helmsman to set a course back for Sol to begin the cycle anew.

This game is and always will be shit.
>>
>>145805835
What if you could see player/jump numbers & chat activity for systems from the galaxy map and (while docked) connect to the local chat of any system with a slight time delay based on distance, for a fee, to maybe get a feel for what kind of stuff is happening there?
>inb4 players are too busy grinding to local chat
>>
>>145802086
I found six in the space of an hour or so on Eta Draconis A 4 last night. Just find nice flat part of the planet and go nuts.
>>
>>145812840
This.
I expect FD to put tourists in as just another commodity with a low supply. Missions with them will have some fluff but you'll still be able to open up the market and buy 10 tons of tourists to haul for profit. Just shove them between the slaves and biowaste and call it done.
>>
>>145813295
>Order your friend

I'd rather there just finally be an auto pilot. I fucking hate having to sit through the constant loading screens. It's not piloting a ship at all.
>>
>>145805835
What if there was a rare high-paying stealth scout/eavesdropping mission type?
>drop into location
>build/close some distance from station/whatever
>equip special long-range, small scanning radius scanner
>wait for the happening to happen
>while you're scanning the spice-lord meet you notice a radar blip
>it's one of the goons patrolling for trespassers
>Silent Running engaged
>Warning, taking heat damage
>Incoming message
>Just as our intelligence indicated, the cartel has been bribing the good senator. We have all the proof we need. Good job commander, your payment is waiting for you back at the station.
>>
>>145817001
>Stealth mission

Add that to the list of mission types and activities a player will never be able to do in this game.
>>
>>145817001

Dads won't be able to do it, so it will get pulled.
>>
>2.2 The Guardians
>Pick up a pack of tourists at a station, ordered to take an economy route to another station
>Lose money every time you turn too hard or make the "the ride uncomfortable"
>Get interdicted
>Launch in your F36 fighter that you spent 2 months grinding the parts for to defend your ship
>Your main ship is now piloted by AI
>Your own ship starts firing on you because of a common bug
>Bug doesn't get fixed until 2.3
>You lose your F36, have to grind a new one
>Passengers charge you a fee for a bumpy ride causing you to come out with a negative income
>The station you were ordered to take them to has recently been UA bombed and the mission board is gone
>You can't sell the passengers or eject them
>Can't switch ships because of an active mission and cargo
>They continue to take up cargo space until the station gets meta alloyed farmed for 3 months
>The passengers continue to charge your account every time you take evasive maneuvers or land too hard
>The forumdads say this is perfectly fine and talk about how they spent their last vacation with their family
>>
>>145817485
>Talk about how they spent their last vacation with their family

You mean role play their last vacation with their family

>Hello fellow Commanders, I took my family out to HIP 76557
>You should have seen the amazing black hole we saw
>My wife and her son were also amazed by it
>>
>>145766591

I've done that.

I stopped laughing when it went fucking Itano Circus on me.
>>
I think Sothis is kill. No biowaste missions at all, same with Ceos.

Sothis Mining has a shitload of mineral delivery missions but it's an outpost
>>
>>145787987

Yeah, that can happen if you approach from an angle that's too far outside the station's orbit.

Kind of wish the station orientation UI element in SC was more useful than just telling you that you're pointed towards the station you can already see on the target indicator and in the HUD right ahead of you.

Also a few rare stations have their tail facing inward the orbit because fuck you
>>
>>145795807
It was shortly after the game launched. Dads had a bad habit of only taking one low payout mission from a station at a time and then getting fucking distracted as they jumped around and explored neighboring systems as they played. I suppose accepting multiple missions reeked of MMOs and broke their immersion? Also, the part of their brain that convinces Dads to fly without insurance also encouraged them to fly without fuel scoops (I guess in their heads they figured that fuel scoops were for explorers and not anyone else?).

Their extremely inefficient "hobo looking for coins on the sidewalk" tier income meant that their fuel expenditures mostly canceled out their meager mission rewards. They could sort of sustain themselves at the sidewinder/eagle level, but maintaining their habits with vipers/cobras quickly pushed their income/expenditures into the red.

With their income rate at zero or negative values, they would enter a death spiral where they were unable to replenish insurance fees and each death brought them closer and closer to the welfare sidewinder again.

Then we'd get another sob story on the forums, some admin would wire the Dad enough funds to buy their eagle/viper/cobra again, and ultimately FDEV made fuel cheaper.
>>
>>145815246

*Mod hat off

You can think that but you're wrong.

SC adds a lot of awe and wonder to flying in space.

I'm thinking this game isn't for you.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265970-I-am-60-yrs-old-tomorrow-so-gonna-stop-playing-ED

this whole thread. jesus fucking christ. please put this in the next OP so we can see just who ftroop is pandering to.

>tfw ftroop is swimming in the money of the retirement fund of a bunch of disillusioned grandpas
>>
>>145823093
7 more post until new thread!

So are we going to make space general or what?
>>
>>145823212
That didn't work last time
>>
>>145821794
*chuckles in the background*
>>
>>145823093
>i took my Conda out, and it is now useless in combat
>i have learned to be an excellent escapist, drop mines and high tail out
Two separate posts, so they may not be related, but how much you wanna bet he put mines in his conda?
>>
>>145823093
We need a hipster millennial to go in there and tell all those baby boomers all about how they fucked up the world for the rest of us and now they fucked up the game.
>>
>>145817485

>FD will probably just have passengers take up cargo space instead of actually giving the Orca a few hundred seats to fill
>Or they'll just copy paste code for cargo racks and rename it "passenger seats" and any ship can use it, and the Orca remains useless
>>
>>145807130

There are plenty of those around. They're more common in high tech, service and tourism.

You can usually hear thumping techno music through the hull while docked on one.
>>
>>145823212

I think we should just stop making these threads. There's not much left to discuss for the update and it will be like 6 months before FD does anything.
>>
>>145824381
>docking pads open to space
>hear music through the hull
>>
ded thread
>>145824698
>>
>>145824772
Should've put edg somewhere in the op so you can search it in catalog
>>
>>145824627

Yes, because you're in physical contact with the hull which is vibrating from the music.
>>
>>145825010
welp it's already ded
>>
>>145811174

>http://inara.cz/galaxy-components
>>
>>145825126

good lol
>>
>>145815246
>I'd rather there just finally be an auto pilot.
I just read Elite Wanted, at one point one of the characters plot an auto-pilot through multiple jumps to her destination. So fucking jealous.
>>
>>145827095
>Read

Just look at the old games. Auto pilot to system, to planet, to landing.
Thread posts: 759
Thread images: 142

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.