[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: INFOPIC.jpg (1MB, 2001x2881px) Image search: [Google]
INFOPIC.jpg
1MB, 2001x2881px
Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 10th:
671 – Emperor Tenji of Japan introduces a water clock (clepsydra) called Rokoku. The instrument, which measures time and indicates hours, is placed in the capital of Ōtsu.
1190 – Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowns in the river Saleph while leading an army to Jerusalem.
1329 – The Battle of Pelekanon results in a Byzantine defeat by the Ottoman Empire.
1916 – The Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire was declared by Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca.
1940 – World War II: Italy declares war on France and the United Kingdom.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
http://randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
https://mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
http://pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V004
http://pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
https://github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
http://pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
http://pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
http://pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread >>145075863
>>
Thirst for liquor.
>>
File: Stanley_Baldwin.png (49KB, 156x210px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley_Baldwin.png
49KB, 156x210px
>>145107616
Baldwin in HOI4 when?
>>
File: φ.png (668KB, 1015x582px) Image search: [Google]
φ.png
668KB, 1015x582px
>>145107756
so let's say i open a small fast food restaurant in denmark. open for 12 hours per day.
let's say that on average, i have 30 customers per hour. they, on average, gonna spend 10$. however, my profit is 4$, since the average cost of my imported materials is 6$.
now then, 4$ per customer. 4x30 = 120$ per hour. 120x12=

1440$ profit per day.

say i have 1 cashier (12h), 1 waiter (12h), 1 cleaner (6h) and 2 cooks (12h).
(employees obviously work in rotation, working 12 hours straight is against labor laws)
21x12 + 21x12 + 21x6 + 42x12 =
252 + 252 + 504 +126 =

1134$ wage expenses per day

1440 - 1134 = 306$ daily profit (12 hours worth). AS A BUSINESSMAN.
21 x 12 = 252$ daily profit (12 hours worth). AS A MINIMUM WAGE WORKER.

WITHOUT TAXES, INSURANCE, AND MAINTAINANCE OF EQUIPMENT TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. and assuming that i will ALWAYS have 30 customers per hour.

why would i ever invest 100,000$+ into buying the building and necessary equipment for a high risk/low profit establishment, when i can make almost half as much by working as a minimum wage worker for 6 hours every day? what misscalculation have i done?
>>
Lads I feel like playing HOI3 again.
What nation should I choose?
>>
>>145107975
>R&I guy got rekt and now falseflags as steamgruppe
Fuck off.
>>
>>145107975
you've done no misscalculation. the economy of denmark is stagnant, with only a few people starting new business and with only well-established companies being able to make profit.
they will sooner or later find out what happens when everyone would rather be a minimum-wage worker instead of a business owner.
>>
i think my sub production is bugged, plaiyng as spain (stayed republican) was creating subs as soon as the civil war was over had 290 at the end of the war two years later i have 478

even after 2 years at 3/month with only throwing ONE production slot at it ive somehow created over TWO HUNDRED EXTRA SUBS im watching it and a new sub is built every three days
>>
im so bad at using supplies halp
>>
>>145107996
France
>>
File: willy.jpg (779KB, 2431x3508px) Image search: [Google]
willy.jpg
779KB, 2431x3508px
willy
>>
Has anyone else found that the best way to fight in this game is to use battleplans for the majority of your army but then micro a small strike group of your best divisions? The AI never never creates strategic reserves so when you can get them to commit all their divisions to defend against your general offensive. Then you focus a small group of elite divisions on a concentrated front and easily sweep them.

So basically AI cannot into Schwerpunkt
>>
>>145110361
Basically create a frontline, trap enemies, and then encircle with tanks and kill their troops easily.
>>
File: alien-greys.jpg (17KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
alien-greys.jpg
17KB, 270x400px
I think that grand strategy games need to distance themselves more from the board game like combat. Wtf why? It would be easier to design AI for a system that was geared towards AI. We, humans, can adapt our thinking, but AI not so much.

HoI is a little bit of an exception since combat is its focus. But the playing field between the player and the AI could be reduced by making the war plan feature compulsory. AI will always make lots of mistakes on a single unit level, but less mistakes on the grander scale. So just limit the game to grander scale. Let the AI minions of player and enemy AI battle on their own while player decides when and how considering the quirks of his AI units.

EU and CK really don't benefit from such a combat feature that both have. Its like both of these games have two games playing at the same time which are pretty unrelated to each other.

CK should have the war feature where you move your armies around removed alltogether. Replacing it with event chain based campaign. You just open up your war tab where you can organise a campaign party. The campaign party will then spawn war related events in the enemy's land. Events also spawn for the army itself, affecting the course of war. If the player is commander, he can choose options in this event. If player assigned another character to command then he would only recieve reports from his army in campaign.

EU should have its army work similarily to CK, but with added features. You no longer send parties out on campaigns. Instead you have selectively assign your forces to protect regions. It isn't that fun if you are an OPM, but would be useful when playing as a colonial nation in the late game. In case of war, the forces that are assigned to protect an area protect that area and encage any attackers in that region. You can also form an offencive army and send it to one of the enemy's areas.

What else could be improved in grand strategy games?
>>
>>145107616
I bought CK2 on steam and pirated the DLCs, ever since then I have been getting crashes during autosave, is this normal? Can it be fixed?
>>
File: 1453494108818.gif (1014KB, 195x197px) Image search: [Google]
1453494108818.gif
1014KB, 195x197px
>>145110953
I don't like in CK 2 that one can build holding improvements in it. It is fun until you realize that its just a gimmick. AI follows just one formula when it comes down to it. IMO this feature should be removed all together. No replacement needed since the game should be about the relations of the characters not about out-o-game knowledge.
>>
File: 799285336353588429.jpg (283KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
799285336353588429.jpg
283KB, 1500x1500px
>>145115312
To expand on this.

Removing buildings leaves us with no way to play with the amount of troops. But why would you? All you do is call every available peasant to arms. Building a Warrior Hut doesn't spawn more peasants. Army size should depend on more realistic factors. For example losing a big amount of peasant in some far off land should reduce the amount of levyable peasants for quite a while. At the same time, the peasants that a province can provide, should increase at a constant rate depending on the province's development level. So one has to think when to war. Warring all the time would depopulate your kingdom while waiting would increase the army size. So, one has to choose, do I go to war now or do I wait for more peasants to be born.
>>
Sorry for being a dumb cunt, but how do you do a soft attack when you're micro'ing?
>>
File: Emperor_Francis_Joseph.jpg (46KB, 430x599px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Francis_Joseph.jpg
46KB, 430x599px
>>145109727
Get out of here you dumb piece of shit
>>
File: 9E4KNn4.gif (1021KB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
9E4KNn4.gif
1021KB, 400x210px
>>145116218
Also, there could be a way to get stronger troops without building Pikemen Lobby in your holding. War tab should have projects that one can take upon. But these projects would require mainteneance and/or purchase costs. These projects would be army related. Possible example projects:
>Bodyguard forces
Personal elite force that accompanies the ruler on his campaigns.
Effect: Reduces ruler's chance of getting killed in battle.
Cost:10 cold upfront and 1 cold for upkeep each month.
>Shieldwall Training:
Train your freshly levied peasants to use the shieldwall to prevent them from getting killed too fast.
Effect:Peasant defence rating incease from 2 to 3.5
Cost: Upfront 5g.
>Create a band of warriors
You set out to create a group of warriors that are more trained on the battlefield than any peasant.
Effect: Warrior Band is added to your forces.
Cost: 75g plus 1g per month,
>>
Best designs for HOI4? I want to roleplay Wolfenstein so I don't care how costly it is. I can cheat 'em in
>>
Fuck me I wanted to go for a little bit of Großbayern in Vicky2 but by the time I get to GP Prussia is already NGF and bullies me constantly, hegemony wars three days after a truce everytime and when fighting it's usually France leading the war so before I can add a wargoal for me they declare peace so it's status quo for me

Do I have to rush SGF to even have a chance or is there another way?
>>
Still no good LP of HoI4 yet ?
>>
>>145122872
test
>>
>>145124014
at least I got a (you) :'(.
>>
is this the real thread hoy4 goys?
>>
>>145125418
yes
>>
>>145107996
Australia

create Empire of the Platypus x-DDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>145107616
Trying to learn to play CK2, but I suck at it.

I can do the whole backstabbing your brothers and vassals through intrigue thing very well, but when war happens I inevitably lose!

It just seems to me that war in this game is nothing but numerical superiority=win? I am not sure how I could improve my gameplay at this point...

Any tips for a new player? Literally started today!
>>
>>145127621
Before you start a war, check the ledger to see what their actual military looks like compared to yours. Check their leader to see if they have any allies they might call in. Have a bit of a warchest saved up so you can buy mercs if you need to have a bigger army. And try to get a good marshal or captain with the right qualities to lead your troops. Sometimes the mercs you can hire have a really great captain, so even if the troops are whatever, hiring the captain can give you a great leader for one of your flanks.

And either charge their armies before they have time to form up together, or pick a province where you have significant defensive terrain advantages to pick your fight in.

If none of that will work, just wait until your target is in some sort of revolt or war of their own or if you have to you can assassinate their top military commander if they're not a noble it might not cost too much.
>>
>>145121662
do you mean division templates
if so there heres this
Standard Infantry:
7 Infantry, 2 Artillery with Recon, Eng, Logistics, Hospital, and Support Artillery on Support Battalions
Once you get a field marshal with the trait Offensive Doctrine (reduces combat width by 10%) you can add another infantry
Armor:
4 Tanks, 2 Motorized Infantry with Recon, Eng, Logistics, Hospital, and Support Artillery on Support Battalions
Later on add another motorized infantry, and 2 motorized artillery or self-proppeled artillery
Military Police:
6 Cavalry with Military Police as support battalion
Marine/Mountaineer:
Same as Infantry divisions but replace infantry with marines/mountaineers
Light Infantry (useful for difficult terrain):
5 or 6 Infantry with Recon, Engineer, and Support Artillery support battalions

You can replaced motorized infantry with mechanized infantry as long as it doesn't negatively impact the divisions speed.

Obviously you can change divisions around depending on your chosen doctrines, enemies you're fighting, and terrain you're fighting in
For example, tanks are pretty useless in Iran or Western China, but are great in Europe
>>
File: 1445795672971.jpg (2MB, 1920x3007px) Image search: [Google]
1445795672971.jpg
2MB, 1920x3007px
Any decent HoI4 mods yet?

Literally the only one I've seen that was even remotely interesting was replacing all the portraits with anime girls from some WW2 anime show.

There's got to be better than that out by now, right?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.